| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:04] | Hello | 你好 | 
| [00:05] | Hey, Rabbi. He is in his office you can go right in | 你好 拉比 他在办公室 你进去吧 | 
| [00:16] | Rabbi I just got off the phone with the DA | 拉比 我刚跟检察官打完电话 | 
| [00:20] | they wont be putting the girl’s | 他们不准备传那个女孩的 | 
| [00:21] | treating doctor up there | 主治医生出庭作证 | 
| [00:22] | -that’s good news -It is | -这是好消息 -是的 | 
| [00:24] | Probably means there is nothing couclusive he can say | 或许表明他也没法给出确定的结论 | 
| [00:27] | That brings down to her word against yours | 这样一来 就只有你们两个的证词了 | 
| [00:29] | I see | 我明白 | 
| [00:31] | Eugene Eugenne, | |
| [00:32] | would you mind meeting with my board? | 你可不可以跟我们的委员会见个面 | 
| [00:34] | -Your board? -At the temple | -你们的委员会? -教会的委员会 | 
| [00:37] | They are paying the legal fees | 律师费是他们支付的 | 
| [00:39] | why do they want to meet? | 他们为什么想见我 | 
| [00:40] | They like an assesment of the case | 他们想评估一下案件的情况 | 
| [00:42] | and no doubt worry about the damage control | 显然他们很担心案件带来的负面影响 | 
| [00:45] | If a Synagogue’s rabbi is convicted of rape, | 如果一个犹太教会的拉比被判了强奸罪 | 
| [00:49] | I am sure they’ll want to be prepeared | 我相信他们想事先有所准备 | 
| [00:51] | how do you feel about me meeting with them? | 你对于我跟他们见面怎么看 | 
| [00:53] | I am OK with it, ** by me, so… | 我没有问题 所以… | 
| [01:00] | How are you assessing the case? | 你觉得案件结果会是怎样 | 
| [01:03] | It’s he said, she said, rabbi. | 只有她的说法和你的说法 拉比 | 
| [01:06] | you two are the only witnesses | 你们两个是仅有的证人 | 
| [01:09] | you two and god | 你们俩和上帝 | 
| [02:00] | The likehood is that the girl will testify | 他们很可能让那个女孩出庭作证 | 
| [02:02] | and then they’ll rest. | 然后就结束举证 | 
| [02:02] | I’ll call you, after that we close | 然后我传你作证 接着就是结案陈词 | 
| [02:04] | this should be over in a couple of days | 可能两三天就可以审完 | 
| [02:07] | I have to warn you | 我得提醒你 | 
| [02:09] | since these things will get some publicity | 因为这些事情会吸引公众的关注 | 
| [02:11] | the room will probabily be full | 法庭到时候可能会很挤 | 
| [02:13] | you might want to convey it to your congregation | 你最好跟你的教民讲一下 | 
| [02:15] | because if they really plan to turn out to support you | 因为如果他们真的想到场支持你的话 | 
| [02:18] | they’d better get there early | 他们最好早点去 | 
| [02:20] | I can’t testify, Mr Young | 我不能作证 Young先生 | 
| [02:23] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 | 
| [02:25] | The truth here, it could be very damaging | 事实可能会对我很不利 | 
| [02:31] | I thought you said you were innocent | 你不是说你是无辜的吗 | 
| [02:34] | I am. I didnt rape her | 是的 我没有强奸他 | 
| [02:36] | But the sex, it may be… | 但是我们做爱的时候 也许… | 
| [02:42] | It was a little forcable. | 有一点强迫 | 
| [02:46] | Forcable? | 强迫? | 
| [02:47] | it was consentual, but.. | 是自愿的 但是… | 
| [02:52] | Forcable? | 强迫? | 
| [02:56] | Why don’t you tell me exactly what happened | 你最好告诉我到底是怎么回事 | 
| [03:00] | we had been having a relationship | 我们之前一直在交往 | 
| [03:05] | and it was ending at her urging | 她当时提出要结束我们的关系 | 
| [03:09] | It was the second time she’d come to my office | 这是她第二次到我办公室来 | 
| [03:11] | with the purpose of breaking it off | 提出要跟我分手 | 
| [03:13] | The first time there were tears on both sides | 第一次来的时候 我们都哭了 | 
| [03:17] | and anger | 而且很生气 | 
| [03:20] | We had an argument | 我们吵了一架 | 
| [03:24] | Which led ultimately to a rather passionate session of love making | 吵到最后我们开始热烈地做爱 | 
| [03:28] | followed by a mutual decision to continue the relationship | 然后我们就一致决定继续我们的关系 | 
| [03:33] | That was the first time | 这是第一次 | 
| [03:34] | This time again she came to break it off | 这次她又来提出分手 | 
| [03:37] | again we argued | 我们又吵了起来 | 
| [03:39] | and again we begin to kiss, fondle | 我们又开始亲吻 爱抚 | 
| [03:48] | at which point she reiterated it was wrong | 这时候她再三地说”这是不对的” | 
| [03:52] | but Mr Young | 但是Young先生 | 
| [03:54] | she was the kind of person who likes sex more when it was…well | 她这个人喜欢在做爱的时候带一点…呃 | 
| [04:01] | it was my belief the purpose of the break ups | 我当时觉得 她之所以提出分手 | 
| [04:04] | i, i, it was to occasion my rage | 就是为了激怒我 | 
| [04:06] | because it excited her | 因为这样可以令她更兴奋 | 
| [04:09] | the sex was of a slightly forcable nature | 那一次的做爱确实带有一点点强迫的性质 | 
| [04:13] | even though I remained absolutely convinced | 但是在那个时候我内心完全确信 | 
| [04:16] | it was not only to her liking | 这不仅是她所喜欢的 | 
| [04:17] | but exactly what she wanted | 而且正是她想要的 | 
| [04:23] | the jury can not hear that story | 这番话不能说给陪审团听 | 
| [04:25] | tell me about it | 那是当然 | 
| [04:25] | so he is guilty , rabbi rapist | 这么说他有罪 拉比强奸犯 | 
| [04:27] | in his mind he thinks she consented it | 在他的内心 他以为她是同意的 | 
| [04:29] | you know there are thousands of thousands model rabbis out there | 这个世界上有成千上万的模范拉比 | 
| [04:32] | why is the ones come in here all criminals? | 为什么到这里来的都是罪犯呢 | 
| [04:34] | because we are criminal defense attorneys, Ellenor | 因为我们是刑事辩护律师 Ellenor | 
| [04:36] | Look, you haven’t lost it, Eugenne, | 你还没输呢 Eugene | 
| [04:38] | their case is only her word | 他们仅有的证据就是她的证词 | 
| [04:40] | you cross her good, you get reasonable doubt | 你盘问得好的话 就可以制造合理怀疑 | 
| [04:42] | -You want somebody to second chair? -No | -你需不需要有人协办 -不用 | 
| [04:44] | The girl is 23. | 那个女孩只有23岁 | 
| [04:46] | I don’t want the jury to see an army going against her | 我不想让陪审团看到一个律师团来对付她 | 
| [04:48] | but strategy has changed a little, | 不过辩护策略要改变 | 
| [04:51] | I could use some leg work | 我需要有人帮我跑跑腿 | 
| [04:53] | chase down some old boyfriends | 调查一下前男友什么的 | 
| [04:55] | Jimmy Jimmy? | |
| [04:56] | whatever you need | 听候吩咐 | 
| [04:59] | Thank you for meeting with us | 谢谢你跟我们见面 | 
| [05:01] | No problem | 不客气 | 
| [05:02] | Obviously this matter is of significant concern to the Synagogue | 当然 犹太教会对这个事情非常关心 | 
| [05:06] | and let me preface by remarks by representing… | 我想先做个开场白 首先… | 
| [05:09] | Enough with the preface. | 废话就不用多说了 | 
| [05:10] | The man works on our lead, we pay for your prefaces | 他是来谈案子的 我不想听废话 | 
| [05:12] | -Sam -Never mind. We are all busy people here. | -Sam -没关系 我们大家都很忙 | 
| [05:15] | Say what you have to say | 有什么话就直接说吧 | 
| [05:16] | He is so damn worried all the time about being delicate | 他总是时时刻刻做出一副彬彬有礼的样子 | 
| [05:19] | -forgive me rabbi -It’s alright Sam | -抱歉 拉比 -没关系 Sam | 
| [05:21] | The fact of the matter is, It is delicate | 实事求是地说 情况有点棘手 | 
| [05:24] | It goes without saying, | 这是不言而喻的 | 
| [05:26] | the thoughtness of a trial would be very unfortuate for the Synagogue | 这样的诉讼对犹太教会非常不利 | 
| [05:30] | We are anticipating a civil suit as well since | 而且由于事情发生在拉比的办公室里 | 
| [05:32] | the event in question took place in the rabbi’s office | 我们估计会面临民事诉讼 | 
| [05:35] | She is already hiring an attorney, Mr.*** | 她已经请了律师 | 
| [05:37] | The whole thing is a set-up for a civil suit. | 前面这一切都是为民事诉讼做准备 | 
| [05:39] | The girl is a liar. | 这个女人是个骗子 | 
| [05:40] | She is looking for money. | 她就想要钱 | 
| [05:41] | As much as we object on principle, | 尽管我们原则上不同意 | 
| [05:43] | we will give it to her so long as it buys her silence | 但是只要她肯保持沉默 我们也愿意付钱 | 
| [05:45] | on the criminal suit as well. | 对于刑事诉讼也是一样 | 
| [05:47] | You can’t do that. | 你不能这么做 | 
| [05:49] | Technically no. Of course not. | 理论上当然不行 | 
| [05:50] | But rape victims change their minds | 但是强奸案的受害人经常会 | 
| [05:52] | about testifying all the time. | 改变主意不出庭作证 | 
| [05:53] | Why not just approach the girl on your own? | 你何不主动找这个女孩谈谈 | 
| [05:56] | Because I would assume that the threat | 因为我觉得在刑事诉讼中的 | 
| [05:57] | of cross examination | 交叉盘问造成的威胁 | 
| [05:59] | at the criminal trial will factor into any negotiation. | 是她不得不考虑的一个因素 | 
| [06:01] | You are the only one who can make that threat. | 只有你能够向她提出这种威胁 | 
| [06:04] | As well as make good on it. | 并且能够威胁得很好 | 
| [06:05] | What you are asking me to do is illegal. | 你要我做的事情是违法的 | 
| [06:08] | The legality turns on the execution. | 合不合法 看你怎么操作 | 
| [06:13] | Let’s cut to it. | 我们有话直说吧 | 
| [06:15] | The man is an enormously popular rabbi, | 被告是一位极其著名的拉比 | 
| [06:17] | central to our fundraising. | 对我们的募款活动举足轻重 | 
| [06:19] | We do not want that girl telling her story | 我们不希望那个女孩在法庭上或其他公开场合 | 
| [06:20] | in a courtroom or any other public venue. | 说出她所谓的事情真相 | 
| [06:23] | We have a settlement fund. | 我们有一个和解基金 | 
| [06:26] | I can’t bribe a witness in a criminal prosecution. | 我不能在刑事诉讼中收买证人 | 
| [06:29] | Don’t be naive with me, Mr Young. | 别跟我扮清纯 Young先生 | 
| [06:30] | You know exactly what you can do. | 你很清楚自己能做什么 | 
| [06:32] | You know what you can’t. | 清楚不能做什么 | 
| [06:33] | You are the man’s defence attorney. | 你是被告的辩护律师 | 
| [06:34] | You have a duty to explore every option. | 你有义务穷尽一切可能的手段 | 
| [06:36] | I don’t like this one. | 我不喜欢这种手段 | 
| [06:37] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [06:38] | What is your concern? | 你担心什么 | 
| [06:39] | If it lies with Rabbi Jacobs, he’ll do it | 如果问题在于Jacobs拉比 他会这么做 | 
| [06:41] | because it may spare him criminal prosecution. | 因为这样或许可以让他避免刑事指控 | 
| [06:43] | If it lies with you, again, | 如果问题在于你 我再说一遍 | 
| [06:46] | we are not asking you to do anything | 我们对你提出的要求 | 
| [06:48] | that you can not find a way to do legally. | 你并不是找不到合法的方式去做 | 
| [06:51] | If it lies with the girl, well, | 如果问题在于那个女孩 那么 | 
| [06:53] | If this goes to trial. | 如果这个案子上庭审理 | 
| [06:55] | We all know what you’d be doing with the girl, | 我们都知道你会怎么对付那个女孩 | 
| [06:58] | don’t we, Mr Young? | 不是吗 Young先生 | 
| [07:02] | Please sit. | 请坐 | 
| [07:03] | I apologise for Stuart. | 我为Stuart的态度向你道歉 | 
| [07:06] | The skills needed to be a board president | 作为委员会的主席 | 
| [07:08] | differ from those needed to be a Rabbi. | 跟当拉比需要不同的行事风格 | 
| [07:10] | You are the one charged with rape. | 被指控强奸罪的人是你 | 
| [07:13] | And you now consider me guilty, don’t you? | 而你现在觉得我是有罪的 对吧 | 
| [07:15] | I think if you tell your story, | 我觉得如果你出庭说出事情的经过 | 
| [07:17] | you’ll get convicted. | 你会被判决有罪 | 
| [07:19] | Does the board know your story? | 你有没有把事情的经过告诉委员会 | 
| [07:20] | No. | 没有 | 
| [07:21] | I told them it was consensual | 我告诉他们是双方自愿的 | 
| [07:22] | which I maintained it was. | 我始终这么认为 | 
| [07:24] | I don’t think they need to know more. | 我觉得其他的他们没必要知道 | 
| [07:27] | Eugene, you just said if I testify | Eugene 你刚才说如果我出庭作证 | 
| [07:32] | I will be convicted. | 我会被判有罪 | 
| [07:33] | What if I don’t testify? | 如果我不出庭作证呢 | 
| [07:35] | I don’t like the chances. | 我对结果不乐观 | 
| [07:38] | So could you at least | 那么 你能不能至少跟她的 | 
| [07:40] | meet with her civil attorney? | 民事代理律师见个面 | 
| [07:44] | I am not comfortable with this at all. | 我一点儿也不喜欢跟你谈这些 | 
| [07:46] | Neither am I. | 我也不喜欢 | 
| [07:47] | You see, a man’s freedom is on the line here. | 要知道 某个人的自由受到威胁 | 
| [07:50] | His life even. | 甚至整个的生活 | 
| [07:52] | This is a very beloved rabbi. | 他是个备受爱戴的拉比 | 
| [07:54] | I thought you couldn’t do this in rape cases. | 我以为你们在刑事诉讼中不能这么做 | 
| [07:56] | Dig up old boyfriends of the victim? | 调查受害人的前男友? | 
| [07:58] | I thought there are laws against putting the victim on trial. | 我记得法律禁止在诉讼中攻击受害人 | 
| [08:01] | We don’t plan to do that. | 我们不准备这么做 | 
| [08:03] | I will tell you this. | 我告诉你 | 
| [08:05] | Terri is not a liar. | Terri不会撒谎 | 
| [08:06] | She is not gonna make something like this up. | 她不会编造出这样的故事 | 
| [08:08] | If she says she was raped, | 如果她说自己被强奸了 | 
| [08:10] | then I believe she was. | 那我相信她真的被强奸了 | 
| [08:13] | It is possible there was a misunderstanding. | 有没有可能是一场误会呢 | 
| [08:17] | A misunderstanding? | 误会? | 
| [08:18] | About a rape? | 误会了强奸? | 
| [08:22] | We got some information. | 我们得到一些信息 | 
| [08:25] | Miss Reynolds, | Reynolds小姐 | 
| [08:26] | maybe she likes sex on the rougher side. | 也许她喜欢粗野一点的性爱 | 
| [08:31] | Are you suggesting maybe she wanted to be raped? | 你的意思是她自己想被强奸? | 
| [08:33] | No. | 不是 | 
| [08:35] | I am suggesting rough sex. | 我的意思是粗野的性爱 | 
| [08:39] | He thought she liked that. | 我们的当事人觉得她喜欢 | 
| [08:43] | Would it be possible for him to think that? | 他有没有可能会产生这样的想法 | 
| [08:53] | May I help you? | 有什么可以帮你的 | 
| [08:54] | We are here to see Eugene Young. | 我们来找Eugene Young | 
| [08:55] | Scott, hi | Scott 嗨 | 
| [08:57] | Hi Eugene, | 嗨 Eugene | 
| [09:01] | This should be you and me alone. | 我跟你两个单独谈比较好 | 
| [09:02] | I don’t really think I should have contact with her. | 我跟她接触不太合适 | 
| [09:05] | OK. | 好的 | 
| [09:06] | We can go to the conference room. | 我们去会议室吧 | 
| [09:08] | Lucy Lucy. | |
| [09:09] | Sure. | 好的 | 
| [09:12] | I’ll just be a few minutes. | 我们几分钟就可以谈完 | 
| [09:14] | OK. | 好的 | 
| [09:16] | Can I get you some coffee or something? | 请问需不需要咖啡或什么的 | 
| [09:18] | I am fine, thank you. | 不用 谢谢了 | 
| [09:22] | Thanks for coming in. | 谢谢你今天过来 | 
| [09:24] | I am a little suspect of the timing, Eugene. | 我觉得现在这个时机有点可疑 Eugene | 
| [09:26] | A day before the criminal trial gets under way? | 就在刑事诉讼开庭审理的前一天? | 
| [09:29] | This is only about the civil litigation. | 我们今天只谈民事诉讼的问题 | 
| [09:31] | Let’s be clear on that. | 这一点我们要说清楚 | 
| [09:33] | OK. | 好的 | 
| [09:36] | We are offering 1.2 million sealed. | 我们愿意赔偿120万 | 
| [09:38] | No admission of liability. | 不承认责任 | 
| [09:39] | Conditioned on a complete and total gag agreement. | 前提条件是必须绝对完全的保密 | 
| [09:41] | If she ever tells her story in any public form, | 如果她在任何公开场合陈述事情经过 | 
| [09:43] | the deal is off. | 协议就无效 | 
| [09:44] | What about her testimony at the criminal trial? | 那她在刑事诉讼中的作证怎么办 | 
| [09:46] | Look, I am only talking about the civil litigation. | 我今天只谈民事诉讼的问题 | 
| [09:48] | I understand. | 我明白 | 
| [09:48] | But if she testifies at the criminal trial, | 但是如果她在刑事诉讼中出庭作证 | 
| [09:50] | her story would then get out. | 她就会说出事情的经过 | 
| [09:52] | Right. | 没错 | 
| [09:54] | I hadn’t thought of that. | 我倒是没有考虑到这一点 | 
| [09:57] | The offer will be revoked, I guess. | 协议就会被撤销 我想 | 
| [09:59] | You hadn’t thought of that? | 你没有考虑到这一点 | 
| [10:02] | Look, I am not asking you to advise | 我并没有让你在刑事诉讼上 | 
| [10:03] | your client on the criminal trial. | 给你的当事人提供怎样的建议 | 
| [10:05] | But me and you, off the record, doesn’t leave the room? | 但是我们俩只在这里私底下说 | 
| [10:08] | Go ahead. | 你说吧 | 
| [10:09] | Young black woman | 一个是年轻的黑人女子 | 
| [10:10] | up against a respected rabbi. | 一个是广受尊敬的拉比 | 
| [10:11] | No witness. | 没有证人 | 
| [10:12] | Vaginal bruising | 有阴道擦伤 | 
| [10:13] | Inconclusive. | 结论并不确定 | 
| [10:14] | They’re not even calling the doctor up. | 他们甚至都不会传医生出庭作证 | 
| [10:15] | Plus, | 再说了 | 
| [10:18] | there is some evidence that she likes it a little rough. | 有证据表明她喜欢粗野一点的方式 | 
| [10:20] | What? | 什么 | 
| [10:21] | We talked to some old boyfriends. | 我们问过她的前男友 | 
| [10:22] | Rape shield, Eugene. | 强奸受害人保护法则 Eugene | 
| [10:23] | Rape shield goes to putting | 强奸受害人保护法则是禁止 | 
| [10:24] | the victim’s character on trial. | 对受害人的品格提出质疑 | 
| [10:26] | This goes to a how issue. | 但这是个涉及方式的问题 | 
| [10:27] | I think I can get around | 我觉得我们可以绕过 | 
| [10:28] | the rape shield and… | 强奸受害人保护法则 而且… | 
| [10:28] | -Eugene, this is absolute… -Scott, listen. | -Eugene 这完全是… -Scott 听我说 | 
| [10:30] | This is gonna be one ugly mean trial | 这将是一场难看的 刻毒的庭审 | 
| [10:32] | where she will come out with nothing more than a nightmare. | 她唯一能够从中得到的 只是一场噩梦 | 
| [10:35] | And there is more than a million dollars on the table. | 而现在有一百多万美元就摆在眼前 | 
| [10:40] | If she suddenly changes her mind about testifying, | 如果她突然改变主意决定不作证 | 
| [10:43] | they will just subpoena her. | 他们可以强制传唤她 | 
| [10:44] | Maybe, maybe not. | 也许会 也许不会 | 
| [10:50] | Go talk to her. | 你去跟她谈谈吧 | 
| [11:15] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 | 
| [11:16] | They’re in my office discussing the offer. | 他们在我的办公室里商量和解方案 | 
| [11:18] | Which offer could get you disbarred. | 这个和解方案可能会让你被吊销执照 | 
| [11:20] | I was careful that I didn’t cross the line. | 我很小心 没有越界 | 
| [11:22] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 | 
| [11:23] | Cause if she suddenly tells the DA | 因为如果她突然告诉地区检察官 | 
| [11:24] | she doesn’t want to prosecute. | 说她不想继续指控了 | 
| [11:25] | We can expect a SWAT team to show up here. | 他们说不定会派特警来保护她 | 
| [11:27] | I walked the line. | 我没有越线 | 
| [11:36] | Your offer is rejected. | 我们拒绝你的方案 | 
| [11:37] | She was raped and she is not gonna pretend otherwise, | 她的确被强奸了 她不会假装没有被强奸 | 
| [11:40] | even for a million dollars. | 哪怕是为了得到100万美元 | 
| [11:42] | Now I am gonna bring it through, | 我会帮她处理接下来的事情 | 
| [11:43] | I don’t want you speaking to her. | 我希望你不要跟她接触 | 
| [11:44] | I wasn’t planning to. | 我没这个打算 | 
| [12:02] | So I guess the theory she is trying | 她这么做只是为了要钱 | 
| [12:04] | to get some money, that’s shot? | 这个说法现在恐怕不成立了吧 | 
| [12:05] | It can still be argued | 我们仍然可以这样辩护 | 
| [12:07] | The jury won’t know anything about this offer. | 陪审团完全不会知道这个和解方案 | 
| [12:08] | Settlement discussions are inadmissible | 和解过程中的谈判内容不能作为证据 | 
| [12:11] | Can you still argue it | 既然明知不是事实 | 
| [12:12] | knowing it isn’t true? | 你还能以这个理由辩护吗 | 
| [12:13] | We don’t know anything, Rebecca. | 我们什么都不知道 Rebecca | 
| [12:14] | Could be she turned down a million | 她之所以拒绝了一百万 | 
| [12:15] | cause she is looking for two. | 说不定是因为她想要两百万 | 
| [12:16] | We don’t know anything. | 我们什么都不知道 | 
| [12:20] | One boyfriend said she liked to get a little physically. | 有一个前男友说她喜欢动作激烈一点 | 
| [12:22] | He didn’t use the word rough. | 他并没有用”粗野”这个词 | 
| [12:23] | What about the other boyfriend with two names? | 另外那个有两个名字的前男友呢 | 
| [12:25] | He threatened to call the police if I didn’t leave. | 他威胁说如果我不离开 他就马上报警 | 
| [12:27] | Well, I got something anyway. | 呃 总算有所收获 | 
| [12:30] | I am due at a pre-trial. | 我要去参加审前商议 | 
| [12:32] | You are sure you don’t want backup? | 你确定你不需要人协办? | 
| [12:33] | I am fine. | 不需要 | 
| [12:55] | They are bringing in a hired gun DA. | 他们指派了一位非常专业的检察官 | 
| [12:57] | We have been up against him before. | 我们以前跟他打过对手 | 
| [12:59] | He is tough. | 他很棒 | 
| [13:01] | Any good news? | 有什么好消息吗 | 
| [13:03] | Well, actually yes. | 确实有 | 
| [13:04] | I just came from the pre-trial conference. | 我刚刚参加完审前会议 | 
| [13:06] | I told the judge | 我跟法官说 | 
| [13:07] | if they introduce any evidence of virginal bruising, | 如果他们把阴道擦伤作为证据的话 | 
| [13:09] | then we will be offering evidence of her sexual preferences. | 那我们就会提交证据证明她的性偏好 | 
| [13:14] | They tried to get it excluded on rape shield. | 他们想以强奸受害人法则阻止我们举证 | 
| [13:17] | The judge said he might hear it depending on our offer of proof. | 法官说他会视证据的具体情况而定 | 
| [13:20] | Bottom line, I don’t think the DA will admit the medicals | 至少 我相信检察官不会提交医学上的证据 | 
| [13:23] | It was inconclusive to begin with. | 这些证据首先就是不确定的 | 
| [13:27] | That’s good. | 这是好消息 | 
| [13:30] | Are we ready, Mr Young. | 我们准备好了吗 Young先生 | 
| [13:34] | We are ready. | 准备好了 | 
| [13:51] | -Are you trying to bribe my sister, counsel? -Get away from me. | -你是想收买我的姐姐吗 律师 -走开 | 
| [13:52] | Are you trying to bribe my sister, counsel? | 你是想收买我姐姐吗 律师 | 
| [13:55] | You rape her then you buy her off, | 你强奸了她 然后你又收买她 | 
| [13:56] | is that what you think? | 你是这么打算的吗 | 
| [14:01] | We had first met at a drug-counselling centre | 我们最初是在一个毒品咨询中心认识的 | 
| [14:04] | where we both volunteered. | 我们都在那里当志愿者 | 
| [14:06] | We became friends. | 我们成了朋友 | 
| [14:07] | We’d get coffee sometimes after work. | 有时候工作做完之后我们会去喝杯咖啡 | 
| [14:10] | And at some point, you became more than friends. | 渐渐地 你们就不止是朋友了 | 
| [14:13] | Yes, after a few months, | 是的 过了几个月 | 
| [14:15] | he asked me to go to a movie. | 他约我一起看电影 | 
| [14:17] | We talked about movies a lot, | 我们聊了很多关于电影的话题 | 
| [14:19] | so one time he asked if I’d joined him. | 所以有一次 他问我想不想跟他一起 | 
| [14:22] | I said half joking, you know, | 我半开玩笑地回答他说 | 
| [14:23] | people would think we’re dating. | 别人会以为我们是在约会 | 
| [14:26] | And then he asked, actually he said, | 然后他问道 其实应该是说道 | 
| [14:29] | that he would like that, to date. | 那正是他想要的 约会 | 
| [14:33] | And your response? | 你怎么回答的 | 
| [14:34] | I said, hello, you are old enough to be my father, Minister. | 我说 拜托 你都可以当我的爸爸了 牧师 | 
| [14:40] | More and more, I don’t know. | 渐渐地 我不知道 | 
| [14:43] | I became infatuated. | 我渐渐地迷上他了 | 
| [14:45] | At first I thought just with his wisdom, | 一开始 我觉得只是迷上了他的智慧 | 
| [14:47] | but then, with him. | 但是后来 迷上他本人 | 
| [14:49] | And by six months, we were dating. | 六个月之后 我们开始约会 | 
| [14:52] | Was the relationship physical? | 你们发展到身体上的关系了吗 | 
| [14:54] | Yes, and it was passionate. | 是的 而且我们很有激情 | 
| [14:57] | But at some point, things changed. | 但是后来 事情有些变化 | 
| [15:01] | I met somebody, somebody my own age. | 我遇到了另一个人 跟我年龄相仿的人 | 
| [15:05] | And I, well, I fell in love with him. | 然后我 呃 我爱上了他 | 
| [15:09] | Did you tell this to Rabbi Jacobs? | 你有没有告诉Jacobs拉比 | 
| [15:11] | Yes, I went to his office. | 有 我去了他的办公室 | 
| [15:14] | And by this time, I know he was very much in love with me. | 那一次 我知道他是真的深爱着我 | 
| [15:17] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [15:18] | Overruled. | 反对无效 | 
| [15:19] | How did you know this? | 你怎么知道的 | 
| [15:20] | He told me many times. | 他告诉我的 很多次 | 
| [15:22] | Plus, he seemed to be becoming more obsessive. | 而且 他显得越来越迷恋我 | 
| [15:25] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [15:26] | Overruled. | 反对无效 | 
| [15:27] | How did he seem more obsessive? | 他怎么显得越来越迷恋 | 
| [15:29] | He would want to see me more and more often | 他想花更多的时间和我呆在一起 | 
| [15:31] | and he would call sometimes three times a day. | 有时候 他一天给我打三个电话 | 
| [15:35] | Turning your attention back to that night. | 我们再回到那天晚上的情景 | 
| [15:39] | Yes. I went to his office to tell him, | 好的 我去他的办公室告诉他 | 
| [15:42] | it had to be over. | 我们必须分手 | 
| [15:44] | He became enraged. | 他很生气 | 
| [15:46] | We started shouting at one another. | 我们开始互相咆哮 | 
| [15:48] | You were yelling as well. | 你也在大吼大叫 | 
| [15:50] | Oh yes. | 是的 | 
| [15:51] | I had some issues. | 我也很不高兴 | 
| [15:52] | But when I made it clear, I was really leaving. | 但是当我把话说清楚之后 我真的准备离开 | 
| [15:56] | He just grabbed me. | 他突然抓住我 | 
| [15:58] | And he said something like stop the game. | 然后他说什么”别玩了”之类的话 | 
| [16:03] | Stop the game? | 别玩了? | 
| [16:04] | He thought that I was trying to work him up into some anger. | 他以为我是故意激怒他的 | 
| [16:08] | Because he thought that I thought | 因为他以为我觉得 | 
| [16:10] | it made him a better lover. | 这样会让他显得更有魅力 | 
| [16:12] | It was ridiculous. | 这是无稽之谈 | 
| [16:13] | When you say he grabbed you? | 你说他抓住你? | 
| [16:16] | By the arms. | 抓住我的胳膊 | 
| [16:17] | I said let go of me. | 我说放开我 | 
| [16:19] | But he wouldn’t. | 但是他不放 | 
| [16:21] | He starts forcing his tongue into my mouth. | 他开始强行把舌头伸到我嘴里来 | 
| [16:27] | I told him no. | 我跟他说不要 | 
| [16:28] | Then he pushed me onto the ground. | 然后他把我推倒在地上 | 
| [16:35] | And he’s pushing my dress up. | 他把我的裙子掀上去 | 
| [16:38] | Were you trying to get away? | 你有没有努力挣脱 | 
| [16:40] | Yes. | 有 | 
| [16:41] | I am telling him to get off. | 我叫他放开我 | 
| [16:43] | Then he, he has me by the wrists | 然后他 他按住我的手腕 | 
| [16:49] | And he is using his knees to push my thighs apart. | 然后他用膝盖把我的大腿挤开 | 
| [16:55] | And then he was in me. | 然后他就进去了 | 
| [16:59] | He was pushing himself inside of me. | 他插进了我的身体里面 | 
| [17:02] | Did you yell for help? | 你有没有大声呼救 | 
| [17:04] | I don’t really remember. | 我真的不记得了 | 
| [17:06] | All I remembered thinking, | 我只记得当时在想 | 
| [17:10] | my God, this is one of the kindest, | 天哪 这个人是我见过的最和蔼 | 
| [17:13] | most gentle people I’ve ever met. | 最绅士的人之一 | 
| [17:18] | and then being raped by him. | 现在却被他强奸了 | 
| [17:23] | The man was raping me. | 这个人在强奸我 | 
| [17:38] | OK. I got to beat that testimony apart. | 好了 我得推倒她的那些证言 | 
| [17:41] | Was she wrong? | 她说的是假的吗 | 
| [17:42] | I don’t believe she was. | 我想不是 | 
| [17:46] | I mean, in our mind, | 我是说 在我们心里 | 
| [17:48] | I assume that is what happened. | 我想事情的经过是这样的 | 
| [17:50] | But she didn’t scream, Mr. Young. | 但是她并没有叫 Young先生 | 
| [17:52] | She didn’t say get off me. | 她没有说”放开我” | 
| [17:54] | She said things like this is wrong, don’t do this. | 她说的是 “这样不好 别这样” | 
| [17:58] | The difference in your mind being? | 你觉得区别在哪里 | 
| [18:00] | From much of our history, | 根据我们过去交往的历史 | 
| [18:01] | in the throes of making love, | 在做爱的过程中 | 
| [18:02] | we would both say things like that. | 我们都会说这些 | 
| [18:04] | We shouldn’t be doing this. | “我们不能这么做” | 
| [18:05] | What we are doing. | “我们这是在干什么” | 
| [18:06] | It went to the head verse heart conflict. | 就好像是理智与情感的冲突 | 
| [18:08] | If you see it in a movie, | 如果你在电影中看到这样的场景 | 
| [18:10] | it’s romantic even. | 甚至会觉得很浪漫 | 
| [18:11] | Well, this is no movie and it’s not that ** format. | 但这可不是电影 | 
| [18:19] | I didn’t rape her, Mr. Young. | 我没有强奸她 Young先生 | 
| [18:22] | It is possible that she really didn’t want to make love | 有可能她是真的不想做爱 | 
| [18:25] | and I was wrong but I… | 有可能我理解错了 但是… | 
| [18:28] | We talked after. | 事后她还跟我说话 | 
| [18:29] | And when she was saying it was wrong, | 当她说这样做是错的 | 
| [18:31] | she was saying we shouldn’t have done that. | 她说的是”我们不该这么做” | 
| [18:34] | Not you, we. | 没有说”你” 而是”我们” | 
| [18:36] | And she didn’t run out | 而且她也没有跑出去 | 
| [18:47] | Can’t believe this is happening. | 我不敢相信这一切真的发生了 | 
| [18:51] | So why not just have him tell his story? | 那为什么不让他出庭作证 说出当时的想法呢 | 
| [18:53] | I thought she really wanted it | 我觉得她其实想要 | 
| [18:55] | and insisting it was just part of the game, | 坚持说这只是一种增加情趣的方式 | 
| [18:56] | he’d be convicted before he gets out of the chair. | 不用等他从证人席上下来 他就会被认定有罪 | 
| [18:59] | So what are you gonna do? | 那你准备怎么办 | 
| [19:01] | I just have to go after her, wack her credibility. | 我只能搞定她 摧毁她的可信度 | 
| [19:07] | What? | 什么 | 
| [19:08] | She told the truth. | 她说的是事实 | 
| [19:10] | You pretty much know she told the truth | 你自己都知道她说的是事实 | 
| [19:12] | and you gonna get up tomorrow | 结果你明天要站出来 | 
| [19:13] | and do everything you can to make her look like a liar. | 用尽一切手段让她显得像个骗子 | 
| [19:15] | I don’t have much choice. | 我没有别的选择 | 
| [19:17] | How about she is entitled to her story, | 为什么不让她说出她的说法 | 
| [19:18] | he is entitled to his? | 你的当事人说出自己的说法 | 
| [19:20] | Let the jury decide. | 然后让陪审团来决定 | 
| [19:24] | Do you even see the perversity | 你到底有没有意识到 | 
| [19:26] | of you are about to do? | 你将要做的事情是多么邪恶 | 
| [19:27] | Look. We haven’t had dinner for months | 我们已经几个月没有在一起吃饭了 | 
| [19:29] | If we’re going to fight, | 如果我们又要吵架 | 
| [19:30] | can we at least argue about something new? | 我们能不能至少换个新的话题来吵 | 
| [19:32] | Why does it always have to be about what I do? | 为什么每次都是拿我的工作来争吵 | 
| [19:34] | Do you take stock of what you do? | 你有没有认真思考过你的工作 | 
| [19:35] | I don’t get to stock of it, | 我不需要思考我的工作 | 
| [19:37] | not on a case-by-case basis. | 不需要在每一个案子当中去思考 | 
| [19:39] | I have a client charged with a crime. | 我的当事人被指控犯罪 | 
| [19:41] | I take stock the best way | 我思考的是 | 
| [19:42] | to prevent his getting convicted of that crime. | 有什么最好的办法可以阻止他被定罪 | 
| [19:44] | Here is simple. | 很简单 | 
| [19:45] | Attack the credibility of the eyewitness. | 攻击目击证人的可信度 | 
| [19:48] | The man will quit before doing | 正常人在面临你这样的工作的时候 | 
| [19:49] | what you’re about to do. | 会选择退出 | 
| [19:51] | I am sorry it is true. | 很抱歉 但这是真的 | 
| [19:53] | She is twenty-three years old. | 她只有23岁 | 
| [19:55] | She was raped by a Rabbi. | 她被一个拉比强奸了 | 
| [19:57] | Could you keep your voice down? | 你能不能小点声 | 
| [19:57] | Do you have any idea | 你知不知道 | 
| [19:58] | how hard it must have been for her to come forward? | 她站出来指控是多么的不容易 | 
| [20:00] | Now she is about to be brutalised in a witness chair | 结果她现在要在证人席上接受折磨 | 
| [20:02] | I am not about to brutalise anybody. | 我不会折磨任何人 | 
| [20:04] | Of course, you are. | 你当然会 | 
| [20:05] | If you think that’s the best way to prevent a conviction, | 如果你认为这是阻止定罪的最好的办法 | 
| [20:07] | that’s exact what you are doing. | 你当然就是要折磨她 | 
| [20:08] | I am telling you a good man would quit first. | 我告诉你 一个正直的人会选择退出 | 
| [20:11] | I think it will be nice to go to dinner. | 我以为一起吃饭会很愉快 | 
| [20:13] | We go out and you start, | 我们一起出来 结果你又开始念叨 | 
| [20:15] | you start right back again and again. | 你像以前一样不停地念叨念叨 | 
| [20:16] | You come out. | 你又来了 | 
| [20:16] | I’m a defence attorney, Sharon. | 我是个辩护律师 Sharon | 
| [20:18] | Eugene, you have a choice. | Eugene 你自己可以选择 | 
| [20:20] | What’s my choice? Quit my job? | 怎么选择 辞职不干了 | 
| [20:22] | And do what? Do what? | 然后做什么 做什么 | 
| [20:24] | And here is a flash. | 让我告诉你 | 
| [20:25] | I’m well respected in that courtroom. You know why? | 我在法庭上很受人尊重 知道为什么吗 | 
| [20:27] | Because I am good. | 因为我很棒 | 
| [20:28] | A judge sees Eugene Young walk into his court. | 如果法官看到Eugene Young走上他的法庭 | 
| [20:30] | He knows a good lawyer is in the room. | 他就知道法庭上有个好律师 | 
| [20:32] | Now I may not get respect from you, | 也许我得不到你的尊重 | 
| [20:33] | but I get it from them | 但是我得到了其他人的尊重 | 
| [20:35] | and I get it in that room. | 在法庭上得到尊重 | 
| [20:36] | Is that why you asked me out to dinner tonight? | 这就是你今天晚上约我吃饭的原因吗 | 
| [20:39] | To get my respect? | 为了得到我的尊重? | 
| [20:40] | I asked your out because… | 我约你出来是因为… | 
| [20:45] | you think these cases are easy for me, Sharon? | 你以为这些案子对我来说容易吗 Sharon | 
| [20:47] | Sometimes, sometimes are harder than others to be alone. | 有时候 有时候一个人会觉得更难熬 | 
| [20:54] | That’s.. | 所以… | 
| [20:59] | Let’s just eat. | 还是吃饭吧 | 
| [21:10] | I remember the day you graduated from law school. | 我还记得你从法学院毕业的那天 | 
| [21:14] | The smile on your face, the plans in your heart. | 面带微笑 胸怀大志 | 
| [21:18] | You remember that day, Eugene? | 你还记得那一天吗 Eugene | 
| [21:21] | We danced all night. | 我们整晚都在跳舞 | 
| [21:25] | When was the last time you danced? | 你有多久没有跳舞了 | 
| [21:29] | It is not just that you don’t have the time anymore. | 不仅仅是因为你现在没有时间 | 
| [21:35] | There is no dance in you anymore. | 你已经没有跳舞的心了 | 
| [21:38] | You begin to rot a little inside. | 你的内心开始有点腐蚀了 | 
| [21:41] | Maybe they don’t tell you that at work. | 也许你那些同事们没有告诉你 | 
| [21:43] | Maybe they don’t see it. | 也许他们没有看出来 | 
| [21:44] | But I see it. | 但是我看出来了 | 
| [21:48] | I know the man I fell so in love with. | 我了解我曾经深爱的那个人 | 
| [21:52] | I remember the why you became a lawyer. | 我记得你为什么成为律师 | 
| [21:56] | The plans in your heart. | 你心中的理想 | 
| [22:02] | Can we please just eat? | 我们专心吃饭好吗 | 
| [22:09] | Sure | 好 | 
| [22:20] | Mr.Young. | Young先生 | 
| [22:24] | Ms. Reynolds, my name is Eugene Young | Reynolds小姐 我叫Eugene Young | 
| [22:25] | I represent the defendant. | 我是被告的辩护律师 | 
| [22:27] | Yes, I know who you are. | 是 我知道你是谁 | 
| [22:28] | A lot of people in this room, | 今天法庭上有这么多人 | 
| [22:31] | stakes are high, I guess, | 案件关系重大 | 
| [22:32] | Respected rabbi ** losing his freedom, his whole life | 受人尊敬的拉比 他的自由 他的人生 | 
| [22:36] | on the word of one witness, you. | 取决于一个证人的证言 就是你 | 
| [22:38] | So I need to ask you some questions. | 所以我需要问你几个问题 | 
| [22:40] | Are you person of your word, Ms. Reynolds? | 你是个说话可信的人吗 Reynolds小姐 | 
| [22:42] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [22:43] | Do you consider yourself an honourable person? | 你觉得自己是一个正直诚实的人吗 | 
| [22:45] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [22:46] | That’s an unfair question? | 这个问题有什么不妥吗 | 
| [22:47] | A defendant is allowed to confront his accuser, | 被告有权利跟指控他的人对质 | 
| [22:49] | but the question as to whether the accuser is honourable | 我在问指控他的人是不是正直诚实 | 
| [22:52] | that’s off limits? | 这个问题难道不能问吗 | 
| [22:53] | Counsel is trying to intimidate the witness. | 辩护律师企图恐吓证人 | 
| [22:55] | Fine. | 行了 | 
| [22:55] | Mr. Bullock, | Bullock先生 | 
| [22:57] | I’ll give defense counsel some latititude here. | 我决定给辩护律师一点发挥的空间 | 
| [22:59] | Mr. Young, do not abuse it. | Young先生 控制一下分寸 | 
| [23:02] | The question was, | 我的问题是 | 
| [23:07] | Do you consider yourself an honourable person? | 你觉得自己是一个正直诚实的人吗 | 
| [23:10] | Yes, I do. | 是的 | 
| [23:11] | You’re honest with people? | 你待人很诚实? | 
| [23:13] | I believe I am. | 我想是的 | 
| [23:14] | In the 11 months you were romantically involved with my client | 在你和我的当事人交往的11个月当中 | 
| [23:18] | did you ever tell anybody? | 你有没有告诉过其他人 | 
| [23:19] | Did I ever tell anybody? | 我有没有告诉过其他人 | 
| [23:21] | Yes. your parents, your brothers, best friend. | 是 你的父母 你的兄弟 你最好的朋友 | 
| [23:24] | Did you ever tell anybody | 你有没有告诉任何人 | 
| [23:25] | you were seeing rabbi Jacobs? | 你在跟Jacobs拉比约会 | 
| [23:26] | No, because if it ever came out, | 没有 因为如果这件事情公开 | 
| [23:28] | it would have meant his losing his Synagogue. | 他就会失去在犹太教会的职位 | 
| [23:30] | Did you ever conceal it from anybody? | 你有没有向任何人隐瞒这件事 | 
| [23:32] | Ever say like you were | 比如 有没有跟别人说 | 
| [23:33] | going to the movies with friends, | 和朋友一起去看电影 | 
| [23:35] | and in actuality, you were going to see my client, | 但实际上 你是去跟我的当事人约会 | 
| [23:37] | did you ever say anything like that? | 你有没有说过这一类的话 | 
| [23:38] | I’m sure I did. | 我想是有的 | 
| [23:39] | That would be a lie, wouldn’t it, Ms. Reynolds? | 那是在撒谎 对吧 Reynolds小姐 | 
| [23:41] | I don’t deny concealing the affair, so did he. | 我并不否认曾隐瞒我们的恋情 他也一样 | 
| [23:44] | What about this young man you say you fell love with? | 那么你所说的你爱上的这个年轻人 | 
| [23:47] | When you first began dating him, | 当你刚开始跟他约会的时候 | 
| [23:49] | did you tell him | 你有没有告诉他 | 
| [23:50] | that you were in a relationship with somebody else? | 你同时还在跟其他人约会 | 
| [23:52] | No, I didn’ t tell him. | 没有 我没有告诉他 | 
| [23:53] | That’s one of the bigger lies, isn’t it? | 那是个更大的谎言 不是吗 | 
| [23:55] | To be involved with two different people at the same time? | 同时跟两个人约会? | 
| [23:57] | Your honor, if he is gonna go this far off, | 法官阁下 如果他偏离主题这么远 | 
| [23:58] | I think he… | 我觉得他… | 
| [23:59] | I win this by taking the stand, | 既然她选择出庭作证 | 
| [24:00] | put her reputation for truth in issue. | 她的名誉就应该接受质疑 | 
| [24:02] | I’m gonna round you in, Mr. Young. | 我要制止你 Young先生 | 
| [24:04] | You’ve made your point. | 你的观点已经说清楚了 | 
| [24:05] | Ms. Reynolds, you say you met my client | Reynolds小姐 你说你是在一个 | 
| [24:08] | at the drug counseling program, | 毒品咨询项目中认识了我的当事人 | 
| [24:09] | in which you both were volunteers. | 你们两个都在其中做志愿者 | 
| [24:11] | Truth is, you knew of him | 事实上 在此之前你就知道 | 
| [24:12] | before that, correct? | 他这个人 对吧 | 
| [24:13] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [24:14] | In fact, one of the reasons you went there to volunteer | 事实上 你之所以去参加那个项目的志愿者 | 
| [24:16] | was because rabbi Jacobs was there | 原因之一正是因为Jacobs拉比在那里 | 
| [24:18] | and you want to meet him. | 你想借机会认识他 | 
| [24:19] | Yes, I don’t deny that. | 是的 这一点我不否认 | 
| [24:21] | He is a pretty famous rabbi | 他是个非常著名的拉比 | 
| [24:22] | and I knew people who knew him, | 我认识的人当中有人就认识他 | 
| [24:24] | and I wanted to meet him. | 我想跟他见见面 | 
| [24:25] | Well, that isn’t quite the impression | 哦 你之前留给陪审团的印象 | 
| [24:27] | you gave the jury. | 可不是这样的 | 
| [24:28] | From your direct testimony, | 在你之前的证言中 | 
| [24:29] | it seemed like you happened to meet him | 你说得好像你们俩只是 | 
| [24:31] | in a place you both worked, | 刚好在一起工作 偶然相识而已 | 
| [24:32] | when the truth is you went to this place | 但事实是 你到那里去工作的目的 | 
| [24:34] | motivated to meet him. | 就是想认识他 | 
| [24:36] | That’s what really happened, right? | 这才是真实的情况 对吧 | 
| [24:37] | I suppose. | 我想是的 | 
| [24:38] | Your honor, for this room being so crowded, | 法官阁下 法庭今天太拥挤 | 
| [24:40] | it’s kind of hot. | 我觉得有点热 | 
| [24:41] | With the court’s permission, I’d like to take off my jacket. | 恳请法庭准许我把外套脱下来 | 
| [24:44] | Permission granted. | 本庭准许 | 
| [24:45] | Are you comfortable, Ms. Reynolds? | 你有没有觉得不舒服 Reynolds小姐 | 
| [24:47] | I’m fine. | 我很好 | 
| [24:48] | Coz this might take a while. | 我的盘问一时半会还不会结束 | 
| [24:58] | How is going? | 怎么样 | 
| [24:59] | He’s just getting started. | 他才刚刚开始 | 
| [25:01] | He’s going to town, Bobby, | 他要大展拳脚了 Bobby | 
| [25:02] | He’s got that look in his eye. | 他的眼神都变得不一样了 | 
| [25:04] | Did you ever tell my client | 你有没有告诉我的当事人 | 
| [25:05] | you want to be wealthy? | 你想做个有钱人 | 
| [25:06] | Doesn’t everybody? | 难道这不是每个人的想法吗 | 
| [25:07] | Did you ever say to him | 你有没有跟他说过 | 
| [25:09] | that you have to marry money? | 你要嫁个有钱人 | 
| [25:10] | Since you had two years junior college, | 因为你只上了两年大学 | 
| [25:12] | it was unlikely that you’d ever have the kind of career | 你不太可能通过自己的职业生涯 | 
| [25:14] | that would make you rich. | 让自己变得富有 | 
| [25:15] | Did you say something like that? | 你有没有说过这一类的话 | 
| [25:16] | I certainly never said that | 我肯定没有说过 | 
| [25:18] | I would marry somebody just for money. | 我会仅仅为了钱就嫁给别人 | 
| [25:19] | Did you say for you ever to be rich, | 你有没有说过要想变得有钱 | 
| [25:21] | you would have to marry into money? | 你只能嫁个有钱人 | 
| [25:23] | You’re taking that out of context. | 我当时说这些是有背景的 | 
| [25:24] | The question simply is did you say it? | 我的问题只是 你说过没有 | 
| [25:26] | Yes. I may have said that once. | 有 我或许是说过一次 | 
| [25:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [25:28] | By the way, this new boyfriend of yours… | 顺便问一句 你这个新的男朋友… | 
| [25:30] | We’re not together anymore. | 我们没有在一起了 | 
| [25:31] | Thank you. That wasn’t my question. | 谢谢 那不是我想问的 | 
| [25:33] | Was he from a wealthy family? | 他是来自一个富有的家庭吗 | 
| [25:35] | That wasn’t the reason I fell in love with him. | 那不是我爱上他的原因 | 
| [25:37] | I’ll take that as a yes. | 这么说你的回答是肯定的 | 
| [25:39] | Wealthy family. | 富有的家庭 | 
| [25:39] | I really have to object. | 我不得不提出反对 | 
| [25:41] | What does any of this have to do with the rape? | 这一切跟强奸有什么关系 | 
| [25:43] | I’ll get that | 如果你不打断我 | 
| [25:43] | if you let me. | 我很快就会证明有什么关系 | 
| [25:44] | Speed it up. | 快一点 | 
| [25:46] | You wanted to marry my client, | 你想跟我的当事人结婚 | 
| [25:48] | didn’t you, Ms. Reynolds? | 对不对 Reynolds小姐 | 
| [25:48] | There was a time I did. | 我有一段时间是这么想过 | 
| [25:50] | And you were frustrated over the whole intermarriage issue, | 结果你受不了异族通婚的这些麻烦 | 
| [25:52] | As you previously testified, | 正如你之前的证言所说 | 
| [25:54] | you two even fought about it, isn’t that right? | 你们俩甚至为此而争吵 是不是 | 
| [25:56] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [25:57] | And you said while this alleged rape was taking place, | 你说在这次所谓的强奸发生的时候 | 
| [25:59] | you don’t remember screaming. | 你不记得有没有尖叫过 | 
| [26:00] | Truth is, you didn’t scream, isn’t that right? | 事实上 你根本就没有叫 不是吗 | 
| [26:02] | I don’t remember screaming. | 我不记得有没有叫 | 
| [26:04] | That was my testimony. | 我之前是这么说的 | 
| [26:05] | Well, there were other people working in the building, | 当时大楼里还有其他人在工作 | 
| [26:08] | none of whom heard you scream. | 没有任何人听到你尖叫 | 
| [26:10] | It would be more probable than not that you didn’t scream, | 你没有尖叫的可能性要更大些 | 
| [26:12] | wouldn’t you agree? | 你同意吗 | 
| [26:13] | I suppose. | 我想是的 | 
| [26:14] | And you said that he had your hands pinned with his hands. | 你说他用双手按住了你的双手 | 
| [26:22] | How did he get himself inside of you? | 那他到底是怎么强奸你的呢 | 
| [26:24] | He then freed one of his hands to | 他后来松开了一只手去… | 
| [26:29] | I guess guide himself. | 去辅助他的动作 | 
| [26:32] | So you had a hand free? | 那么你有一只手可以自由活动? | 
| [26:33] | Well, he still had me kind of pinned with his shoulder. | 呃 他仍然用他的肩膀把我按在地上 | 
| [26:35] | His shoulder? | 他的肩膀? | 
| [26:36] | This is the first time I’m hearing of a shoulder. | 我这是第一次听到你说起肩膀 | 
| [26:38] | Your police statement, | 你在对警方的陈述中 | 
| [26:39] | the statement to the doctor, | 对医生的陈述中 | 
| [26:40] | even in your direct testimony, | 甚至在之前的证言中 | 
| [26:42] | you never made mention of a shoulder. | 你从来都没有提到过肩膀 | 
| [26:44] | He had me pinned using his hands, | 他先是用双手把我按住 | 
| [26:46] | then he released with one hand | 然后松开一只手 | 
| [26:48] | and push down with his shoulder. | 用肩膀把我按住 | 
| [26:50] | How did he get your underwear off? | 他怎么把你的内裤脱下来的 | 
| [26:53] | I wasn’t wearing underwear. | 我没有穿内裤 | 
| [26:56] | You weren’t wearing underwear. | 你没有穿内裤 | 
| [26:59] | Well, I, I had this rather thin dress | 呃 我 我穿的那件裙子很薄 | 
| [27:01] | and panty line show, and… | 内衣的轮廓会现出来 所以… | 
| [27:03] | You went there to break up with him | 你到他那里去提出分手 | 
| [27:04] | but you didn’t want your panty line to show? | 但是你不想让他看到你的内衣轮廓 | 
| [27:06] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [27:06] | Withdrawn. | 收回 | 
| [27:07] | After you finished having sexual relations with my client… | 在你跟我的当事人的性行为结束之后… | 
| [27:09] | It was a rape. | 那是强奸 | 
| [27:10] | It wasn’t sexual relations. | 不是性行为 | 
| [27:12] | After it was over, | 在它结束之后 | 
| [27:13] | what did you do then? | 你做了什么 | 
| [27:14] | I went home. | 我回家了 | 
| [27:15] | You didn’ t run out of the room? | 你没有马上跑出办公室 | 
| [27:17] | ** the two of you talk? | 反而跟他交谈了一会 | 
| [27:19] | We talked, | 我们交谈了一会 | 
| [27:20] | I told him what he did was wrong. | 我跟他说他的做法是错的 | 
| [27:22] | That he raped me. | 说他强奸了我 | 
| [27:24] | And then I left. | 然后我就离开了 | 
| [27:25] | So you didn’t run out of the building? | 所以你并没有跑出那栋大楼 | 
| [27:26] | No. | 没有 | 
| [27:27] | And you went home? | 然后你回家了 | 
| [27:28] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [27:29] | Did you call the police? | 你报警了吗 | 
| [27:30] | Not at first. | 刚开始没有 | 
| [27:32] | Because I thought who is ever gonna believe me? | 因为我觉得 谁会相信我呢 | 
| [27:35] | My word against his. | 只有我们两个人的说法 | 
| [27:37] | Why wouldn’t you think your word | 你为什么觉得别人 | 
| [27:38] | would count for anything, Ms. Reynolds? | 不会相信你的说法呢 Reynolds小姐 | 
| [27:39] | Is there something wrong with your word? | 你的说法有什么问题吗 | 
| [27:41] | No, there isn’t. | 不 没有问题 | 
| [27:42] | Did you ever go a doctor for examination? | 你有没有到医院去做检查 | 
| [27:44] | Yes. | 有 | 
| [27:45] | He found any bruising on your wrists? | 医生在你的手腕上发现瘀伤没有 | 
| [27:48] | No, but he… | 没有 但是他… | 
| [27:49] | He found any bruising on your thighs | 你说我的当事人用膝盖分开你的大腿 | 
| [27:51] | where my client was supposedly pushed against you with his knee? | 医生在你的大腿上发现有瘀伤吗 | 
| [27:55] | No. I didn’t have any bruises there. | 没有 我的大腿上没有瘀伤 | 
| [27:58] | Did you leave any marks on rabbi Jacobs? | 你有没有在Jacobs拉比身上留下痕迹 | 
| [28:01] | Did I leave any marks? | 我有没有留下痕迹? | 
| [28:03] | Well, you had a hand free, | 是啊 你有一只手是自由的 | 
| [28:04] | did you scratch him or hit him, anything? | 你有没有抓他 打他 诸如此类 | 
| [28:06] | No. | 没有 | 
| [28:07] | You didn’t do any of those things? | 你没有采取任何这一类的动作? | 
| [28:09] | I was just trying to push him off. | 我只是努力想把他推开 | 
| [28:10] | Well, this wasn’t a rape, was it, Ms. Reynolds? | 哦 这不是强奸 对吧 Reynolds小姐 | 
| [28:12] | Yes, it was. | 不对 是强奸 | 
| [28:12] | You were angry at my client | 因为我的当事人不愿意跟你结婚 | 
| [28:14] | for refusing to consider marry you, weren’t you? | 所以你非常愤怒 是不是 | 
| [28:15] | As I said, we fought some… | 我说过了 我们有时候争吵… | 
| [28:17] | This is pay back time, | 你用这种方式来报复 | 
| [28:18] | isn’t it, Ms. Reynolds? | 是不是 Reynolds小姐 | 
| [28:18] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [28:19] | Have you hired some attorney | 你是不是聘请了律师 | 
| [28:21] | to sue both the rabbi and the temple? | 来起诉拉比和教会 | 
| [28:22] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [28:23] | Goes to motive. | 与动机有关 | 
| [28:24] | I’ll allow it. | 我允许发问 | 
| [28:26] | Is that your attorney sitting right there, Ms. Reynolds? | 你的律师是不是就坐在那里 Reynolds小姐 | 
| [28:28] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [28:28] | He is representing you in a lawsuit against the temple. | 他在代理你起诉教会 | 
| [28:31] | You know this isn’t about money. | 你知道我们不是为了钱 | 
| [28:33] | Move to strike, none responsive. | 请求不予记录 答非所问 | 
| [28:34] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [28:35] | Did you once date a man | 你是否曾经跟一个叫 | 
| [28:36] | named Michael Anderson? | Michael Anderson的人约会过 | 
| [28:38] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [28:38] | You ended that relationship? | 后来你决定结束这段关系 | 
| [28:40] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [28:40] | Was one of the reasons is his lack of career ambition? | 原因之一是不是因为他缺乏事业心 | 
| [28:43] | I told him that, yes, as indeed… | 我是这么跟他说的 是的 但事实上… | 
| [28:44] | Thank you, you’ve answered the question. | 谢谢 你已经回答了我的问题 | 
| [28:46] | There were a lot of different reasons… | 有很多各种各样的原因… | 
| [28:47] | You’ve answered the question. | 你已经回答了我的问题 | 
| [28:50] | Is this a piciture of you in your high school year book? | 这是不是你的高中毕业纪念册里的照片 | 
| [28:52] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [28:53] | Could you read the caption | 你可不可以读一下 | 
| [28:54] | under life goals? | “人生目标”下方的文字 | 
| [28:57] | To be rich, to be happy, to travel. | 要有钱 要幸福 要去旅行 | 
| [29:01] | Do you have a friend by the name of Susan Levene? | 你是不是有一个叫Susan Levene的朋友 | 
| [29:04] | Yes. | 有 | 
| [29:04] | In fact, you told her about your relationship | 事实上 你把你跟Jacobs拉比之间的事 | 
| [29:07] | with rabbi Jacobs, didn’t you? | 告诉了她 对不对 | 
| [29:09] | Oh, I did tell her at the very begining, I forgot it. | 哦 刚开始的时候我是跟她说过 我忘了 | 
| [29:14] | It was under another context, | 当时是在另一个场合下 | 
| [29:15] | it was when we started seeing… | 当时我们刚刚开始… | 
| [29:16] | So you did tell somebody else about it? | 这么说 你确实告诉过其他人 | 
| [29:19] | That previous statement under oath, that was a lie? | 你之前说没有告诉过别人 是在撒谎吗 | 
| [29:21] | It was a mistake. | 是我记错了 | 
| [29:22] | Got it, I guess mistakes happen. | 明白了 我想有时候难免记错 | 
| [29:24] | Is that the only mistake | 到目前为止 | 
| [29:26] | so far in your testimony? | 这是你的证词中唯一的错误吗 | 
| [29:27] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [29:28] | Lucky I caught it, I guess. | 算我运气好 被我发现了 | 
| [29:32] | I’m done for now. | 暂时没有问题了 | 
| [29:41] | Ms. Reynolds, | Reynolds小姐 | 
| [29:42] | when you went to the doctor, | 当你去看医生的时候 | 
| [29:43] | did he find any bruising? | 他有没有发现任何瘀伤 | 
| [29:45] | Yes, he found some vaginal bruising. | 有 他发现了有阴道瘀伤 | 
| [29:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [29:57] | Did the doctor find that bruising | 医生是否认为这种瘀伤 | 
| [29:58] | to be conclusive of none consentual intercourse? | 可以确切地表明是非自愿性交造成的 | 
| [30:03] | No. | 没有 | 
| [30:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [30:10] | Your honor, | 法官阁下 | 
| [30:11] | the commonwealth would like to call one more witness | 控方申请再传唤一位证人 | 
| [30:14] | who is not on our list. | 这位证人没在我们的证人名单上 | 
| [30:15] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [30:21] | Sheala Keenan Sheala Keenan, | |
| [30:23] | three years ago she was raped by rabbi jacobs. | 三年前 她被Jacobs拉比强奸了 | 
| [30:26] | There was an out of court settlement | 他们达成了庭外和解 | 
| [30:28] | coupled with an agreement for her to keep silent. | 并签署了协议 要求她保持沉默 | 
| [30:31] | I would like to call her | 我想传唤她出庭作证 | 
| [30:32] | to rehabilitate Ms. Reynolds’s testimony. | 支持Reynolds小姐的证言 | 
| [30:34] | Mr. Young. | Young先生 | 
| [30:40] | Mr. Young. | Young先生 | 
| [30:42] | Uh, your, your honor, | 呃 法 法官阁下 | 
| [30:45] | Prior bad acts in a criminal case | 以往的不良行为在 | 
| [30:47] | is not even close to be admissible. | 刑事诉讼中根本不能作为证据 | 
| [30:48] | I’ll be offering to show pattern… | 我是要用这个证据来证明一贯的行为… | 
| [30:50] | What pattern? Two? | 什么一贯的行为 两次? | 
| [30:51] | Even if two made a pattern, this would… | 即便两次算是一贯的行为 这样… | 
| [30:53] | May I finish? | 让我说完行不 | 
| [30:53] | We don’t need to hear you finish. | 我们没必要听你说完 | 
| [30:55] | That witness would be so prejudicial… | 这个证人会导致明显的偏见… | 
| [30:56] | I understand you don’t like this, | 我知道你不喜欢这么做 | 
| [30:58] | but that does not mean… | 但这并不意味着… | 
| [30:59] | I don’t like it either, Mr. Bullock. | 我也不喜欢这么做 Bullock先生 | 
| [31:01] | The only thing you’d accomplish | 你让这位证人来出庭作证 | 
| [31:02] | by bringing in that witness | 唯一的效果 | 
| [31:03] | is a guaranteed appeal. | 只是给了他们上诉的机会 | 
| [31:05] | Even if you got a conviction, | 即便这一次判决罪名成立 | 
| [31:06] | it’d just be overturned. | 它必定会被上诉法院推翻 | 
| [31:07] | Not nesessarily, if we limit the scope of the crime… | 不一定 如果我们把控罪的范围限制在… | 
| [31:09] | Question is, no chance. | 问题在于 我不同意 | 
| [31:12] | Is that it? | 还有其他问题吗 | 
| [31:16] | Good. | 很好 | 
| [31:17] | We close tomorrow afternoo. | 明天下午做结案陈词 | 
| [31:28] | You won’t going to tell me that little detail? | 你不准备告诉我这个小小的细节吗 | 
| [31:29] | Presuming to the court settlement, | 根据我们达成的和解协议 | 
| [31:31] | she is not allowed to speak to anybody…. | 她不能向任何人透露… | 
| [31:32] | You were allowed to tell me, | 但是你可以告诉我 | 
| [31:33] | you left that out? | 你把这一部分保留下来了? | 
| [31:34] | I didn’ t rape her either. | 我同样没有强奸她 | 
| [31:36] | Things just got out of control. | 只是事情的局面变得不好控制 | 
| [31:37] | How much did you pay this Keenan woman? | 你付了这个叫Keenan的女人多少钱 | 
| [31:39] | I’m not sure. | 我不清楚 | 
| [31:41] | You’re not sure? | 你不清楚? | 
| [31:42] | The Synagogue handled it. | 是犹太教会处理的 | 
| [31:45] | Next on the agenda. | 下一个议题 | 
| [31:47] | I guess I’m naive after all, Mr. Louis. | 我想我确实是太天真了 Louis先生 | 
| [31:50] | I didn’t think it was board business | 我还真不知道委员会的职责 | 
| [31:51] | to buy off rape victimes. | 就是收买强奸受害人 | 
| [31:53] | How deep did that fund go, Mr. Louis. | 你这份基金到底有多雄厚 Louis先生 | 
| [31:54] | -Now, hold on. -No, you hold on. | -慢着 -不 你慢着 | 
| [31:56] | I’m sure he is a good rabbi, | 我相信他是个好拉比 | 
| [31:58] | ** generates good cash flow. | 可以带来丰厚的筹款 | 
| [32:00] | You gotta use the best wood for you **, | 让你们可以使用最好的材料 | 
| [32:02] | build the fanciest temple in town. | 建造全市最漂亮的教堂 | 
| [32:04] | And when he commits a crime or two, | 当他犯了一两桩罪行的时候 | 
| [32:06] | you can pay ** dollar to get him off, | 你们就花钱让他脱身 | 
| [32:07] | but here is what you don’t know. | 但是你们不知道的地方在于 | 
| [32:09] | -Mr. Young. -Ssh. | -Young先生 -嘘 | 
| [32:10] | I’m talking now. | 让我把话说完 | 
| [32:13] | ** here, you tell me the truth. | 现在 你告诉我实情 | 
| [32:16] | You tell me everything you think I might wanna know, | 把你认为我可能需要知道的一切都告诉我 | 
| [32:18] | you hide facts from me, I quit. | 你向我隐瞒事实 我就退出辩护 | 
| [32:20] | You got that? | 听懂了吗 | 
| [32:22] | You understand me? | 你听明白了吗 | 
| [32:25] | Are you finished? | 说完没有 | 
| [32:27] | I’m an attorney myself, Mr. Young, | 我自己也是个律师 Young先生 | 
| [32:29] | so please don’t lecture me. | 所以用不着对我说教 | 
| [32:31] | When you take on case, | 当你接下一个案子 | 
| [32:32] | you take on the duty. | 你就有一份责任 | 
| [32:34] | You have no right **. | 你没有权利提出要求 | 
| [32:36] | Your client has no obligation to tell you anything. | 你的当事人没有义务告诉你任何事情 | 
| [32:39] | What he decides to tell you is his choice alone. | 告诉你哪些事情 完全取决于他的决定 | 
| [32:41] | You take what he gives you, | 你只管接受他告诉你的事情 | 
| [32:42] | and you make the best of it. | 并在此基础上尽你所能 | 
| [32:43] | We gave you your hand, Mr. Young. | 该说的我们都已经说了 Young先生 | 
| [32:44] | You played it very nice. | 你表现得非常出色 | 
| [32:46] | And don’t bargin it threatening to quit, | 而且你也别威胁退出 | 
| [32:47] | because the judge will never let you out. | 因为法官不可能允许你退出的 | 
| [32:49] | I can quit just the same | 我可以强行退出 | 
| [32:50] | and take the comtempt finding. | 让法官判我藐视法庭好了 | 
| [32:51] | It’s not your character to quit. | 那不是你的性格 | 
| [32:55] | You don’t think we’ve bothered to check you out? | 你以为我们没有对你做过一点调查吗 | 
| [32:58] | Now, please, attend your cloing argument. | 现在 请你回去准备你的结案陈词 | 
| [33:02] | From where I sat, | 在我看来 | 
| [33:03] | this whole trial comes down to summations, | 整个案子的关键在于结案陈词 | 
| [33:05] | and I guarantee you, | 而且我敢保证 | 
| [33:06] | Kevin Bullock’s working on his. | Kevin Bullock正在准备着呢 | 
| [33:13] | Mr. Young. | Young先生 | 
| [33:19] | When this trial began, | 当这个案子刚刚开始的时候 | 
| [33:21] | I think a lot of people wanted to believe Terri Reynolds | 我想很多人都愿意相信Terri Reynolds | 
| [33:23] | for two reasons. | 原因有两点 | 
| [33:24] | First, it’s become kind of a pastime in this country | 首先 看着别人从高位摔下来 | 
| [33:28] | to watch people fall from high places. | 简直成了这个国家的一项娱乐活动 | 
| [33:30] | It’s almost as if ** expected ** media goes, | 就好像是万众期待似的 | 
| [33:34] | and here, you have one of the most respected, | 在本案中 被告是整个新英格兰地区 | 
| [33:37] | rabbis in New England. | 最受人尊敬的拉比 | 
| [33:39] | A rabbi’s rabbi, if you will. | 可以说是拉比中的拉比 | 
| [33:41] | For him to be accused of rape, | 当他被指控强奸罪 | 
| [33:43] | there is just something delicious about that. | 人们都觉得兴奋刺激 | 
| [33:46] | Isn’t it? | 不是吗 | 
| [33:48] | Second, there is something so seemingly innocent | 第二 在Terri Reynolds身上 | 
| [33:54] | about Terri Reynolds and good. | 有一种如此单纯善良的气息 | 
| [33:56] | And good people don’t make up lies like this. | 而善良的人不会编造这样的谎言 | 
| [33:59] | We all want to believe that, I want to believe it. | 我们都想相信她 我也想相信她 | 
| [34:01] | She could be your daughter, your sister, | 她可能是你的女儿 你的妹妹 | 
| [34:03] | she’s just not gonna make something like this up. | 她不可能会编造这样的事情出来 | 
| [34:05] | Well, I’m not gonna stand up here | 嗯 我不会站在这里 | 
| [34:07] | and tell you I know Terri Reynolds. | 跟你们说我了解Terri Reynolds | 
| [34:09] | I don’t. | 我不了解 | 
| [34:10] | Neither does the district attorney. | 地区检察官也不了解 | 
| [34:12] | He doesn’t know her. | 他不认识她 | 
| [34:13] | Nor do any of you. | 你们也不认识她 | 
| [34:15] | All your get to do here | 你们在这里能够做的 | 
| [34:16] | is weigh her credibility, | 只是衡量她的可信度 | 
| [34:18] | And here is what the evidence tells you about that, | 那么从证据来看 她的可信度是怎样的呢 | 
| [34:20] | and by evidence, I mean her very own testimony. | 我所说的证据 指的是她自己的证言 | 
| [34:24] | She is a woman who admittedly wants to be wealthy. | 早在她的高中时代 | 
| [34:28] | Going all the way back to high school | 她就是一个公开承认想成为有钱人的女人 | 
| [34:29] | where she listed as a life goal to be rich. | 她把有钱当成自己的人生目标 | 
| [34:32] | She is a woman who wanted to marry my client. | 她是一个想跟我的当事人结婚的女人 | 
| [34:35] | testified she was angry with him. | 她作证说对他非常愤怒 | 
| [34:36] | Well, one way to punish him | 有一个办法可以报复他 | 
| [34:38] | and to get rich at the same time, | 同时又能让自己变得有钱 | 
| [34:40] | cry rape. | 那就是指控强奸 | 
| [34:40] | She’s already got the civil attorny in place. | 她已经找好了民事诉讼的律师 | 
| [34:43] | A criminal conviction here, | 在本案中判决罪名成立 | 
| [34:46] | that’s money in the bank, isn’t it? | 相当于她在银行有了一大笔存款 不是吗 | 
| [34:49] | The evidence on her truthfulness, | 关于她是否诚实的证据 | 
| [34:51] | she is in love with one man, | 她爱上了另一个男人 | 
| [34:53] | but doesn’t tell him, | 但是并没有跟他说 | 
| [34:54] | by the way, I’m seeing somebody else. | 顺便说说 我在跟另一个人约会 | 
| [34:56] | She testified that she didn’t tell anybody | 她作证说对于和Jacobs拉比交往这件事 | 
| [34:59] | about her relationship with rabbi Jacobs. | 自己没有告诉过任何人 | 
| [35:01] | And then we confront her with the truth | 然后当我们指出来她曾经 | 
| [35:03] | about telling her friend, | 告诉过自己的朋友 | 
| [35:04] | she says, oh yeah, forgot about that. | 她说 哦 是啊 我搞忘了 | 
| [35:06] | Is she truthful? I don’t know. | 她诚实吗 我不知道 | 
| [35:08] | Like I said, I don’t know her. | 我刚才说过 我不了解她 | 
| [35:10] | Neither do any of you. | 你们也不了解她 | 
| [35:14] | What about the facts of the case itself? | 而案件的事实本身又如何呢 | 
| [35:17] | She’s been raped, she doesn’t scream. | 她被强奸了 但是她没有尖叫 | 
| [35:20] | No screamings, no bruises, | 没有尖叫 没有瘀伤 | 
| [35:22] | no calling the police, no fleeing the scene. | 没有报警 没有急忙逃离现场 | 
| [35:24] | Does this sound like a rape to you? | 你们觉得这像是强奸吗 | 
| [35:26] | Would she make it after as a scheme just to get rich. | 她是不是事后编造出来想从中挣点钱 | 
| [35:30] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [35:32] | As I said, a parts of us wants to believe her, | 我刚才说过 我们某种程度上希望相信她 | 
| [35:35] | but when we examine the facts, can we? | 但是当我们审查了案件事实之后 能相信她吗 | 
| [35:37] | I don’t know. I don’t know her. | 我不知道 我不了解她 | 
| [35:41] | In fact, if there is one uncontroverted truth | 事实上 如果说有什么事情是我们 | 
| [35:44] | we can be certain about, | 无可争议地可以确信的 | 
| [35:46] | is that none of us here knows her. | 那就是我们当中没有人了解她 | 
| [35:50] | That we know. | 这是我们知道的 | 
| [35:56] | That | 这一点 | 
| [35:57] | and that she wants to be rich. | 以及她想变得有钱 | 
| [36:10] | It’s not easy being a rape victim these days. | 如今作为强奸案的受害人非常不容易 | 
| [36:14] | because the trial system, | 因为我们的审判体系 | 
| [36:17] | it’s no longer about arriving at the truth. | 已经不关心还原案件事实了 | 
| [36:20] | Believe it or not, that used to be the idea. | 不管你们相不相信 那曾经是审判的核心 | 
| [36:24] | It’s about winning and losing. | 如今只关心输赢 | 
| [36:27] | Now I’m here to win, I admit it. | 我在这里是想赢 我承认 | 
| [36:29] | And so is the defense counsel. | 辩护律师也一样 | 
| [36:32] | Winning means that if you don’t have the facts, | 要想赢 那就意味着如果你没有证据 | 
| [36:37] | you attack the one who does. | 你就攻击有证据的人 | 
| [36:40] | This is why Mr. Young has focused himself | 所以Young先生会集中精力 | 
| [36:42] | on getting Terri Reynolds. | 对付Terri Reynolds | 
| [36:44] | He can’t offer any testimonial or physical evidence | 他无法提供任何人证或物证 | 
| [36:48] | to dispute what she says | 来反驳她的说法 | 
| [36:50] | so he’ll just get her. | 所以他就对付她 | 
| [36:54] | We’re talking about a rape, ladies and gentlemen, | 我们现在审理的是强奸案 女士们先生们 | 
| [36:57] | and he is ** up her high school year book. | 结果他翻出了她的高中毕业纪念册 | 
| [37:00] | We’re talking about a man physically forcing himself | 我们现在讨论的是一个男人强行跟一个 | 
| [37:05] | inside a young woman | 年轻的女子发生性关系 | 
| [37:07] | and he’s serving up her career ambitions? | 结果他抓住她的事业进取心不放 | 
| [37:10] | He has no defense, | 他没有辩护理由 | 
| [37:13] | he put on no defense, | 他没有提出辩护理由 | 
| [37:15] | he chose instead to rape her again in this courtroom, | 相反 他选择在法庭上再次强奸她 | 
| [37:19] | and he is asking you to be a part of it. | 而且他要你们加入他一道 | 
| [37:21] | Now this gotta stop. | 这一切必须结束 | 
| [37:24] | She was raped, for god’s sake. | 她被强奸了 老天爷 | 
| [37:27] | He pinned her to the ground, | 他把她按在地上 | 
| [37:29] | and performed a wild active violence against her. | 实施了野蛮的暴力行为 | 
| [37:33] | That is her testimony | 这是她的证词 | 
| [37:35] | and it goes uncontradicted. | 而他们没有提出任何反驳 | 
| [37:37] | You listen to her. | 你们听了她的证言 | 
| [37:39] | Did she sound like a liar? | 你们觉得她是个说谎的人吗 | 
| [37:43] | Did she seem like someone who is only looking for money? | 你们觉得她像个一心只想要钱的人吗 | 
| [37:48] | Defense counsel is right about one thing, | 辩护律师有一件事情说对了 | 
| [37:52] | we offer only her word. | 我们只提供了她的证言 | 
| [37:56] | But it’s a good word, ladies and gentlemen. | 但是她的证言很可靠 女士们先生们 | 
| [37:58] | They put up nothing to contradict it. | 他们没有提出任何东西来反驳 | 
| [38:01] | because she was raped. | 因为她确实被强奸了 | 
| [38:08] | It happened. | 这是事实 | 
| [38:14] | How dare he put her on trial in this room? | 我们怎么能在法庭上把她当成被告呢 | 
| [38:19] | Maybe the time has come to put some of these kinds of | 也许现在是时候对这些辩护策略 | 
| [38:22] | defense tactics on trial. | 做出反思了 | 
| [38:29] | Three times he did it, three | 他说了三次 三次 | 
| [38:31] | I did no such thing. | 我没有 | 
| [38:32] | Oh, come on, | 哦 拜托 | 
| [38:33] | He says we can’t offer testimonial evidence | 他说我们提供不了人证 | 
| [38:35] | He says the rapist gets to sit quietly in his chair, | 他说强奸犯能够安然地坐在自己的座位上 | 
| [38:37] | He says we put on no defense. | 他说我们没有提出证据 | 
| [38:38] | You didn’t. | 你们的确没有啊 | 
| [38:39] | He was commenting on | 他是在对被告不出庭作证 | 
| [38:40] | the defendant not testify | 这一事实发表意见 | 
| [38:41] | which he is not allow to do | 他不能这么做 | 
| [38:42] | I’m allowed to say you put on no defense. | 我有权说你没有提出任何证据 | 
| [38:44] | -All right. -It’s grounds for mistrial. | -行了 -这已经可以导致无效审判了 | 
| [38:47] | You want a mistrial? | 你想要无效审判吗 | 
| [38:48] | I want a stronger instruction | 你给陪审团的指示还不够明确 | 
| [38:50] | than the one you gave. | 我希望你更明确一点 | 
| [38:50] | Come on, I gave an instruction, | 拜托 我已经给陪审团做了指示 | 
| [38:52] | if I gave it any stronger, | 如果我说得再明确一点 | 
| [38:54] | I’d be hanging out a flag. | 那就等于是直接告诉他们怎么判了 | 
| [38:55] | Attacking me in your closing, | 在结案陈词的时候攻击我 | 
| [38:57] | what the hell was that? | 你到底是怎么回事 | 
| [38:58] | What the hell gave you the right the claim | 你凭什么宣称你对我 | 
| [38:59] | your moral superiority over me? | 有道德上的优越感 | 
| [39:01] | Who gave you that? | 你凭什么 | 
| [39:01] | What’re you talking about? | 你说什么呢 | 
| [39:02] | You know damn well what I’m talking about. | 你知道我在说什么 | 
| [39:04] | Counsel. I think you’re overreacting here. | 律师 我觉得你反应过度了 | 
| [39:08] | Maybe you should take a walk around the building | 或许你应该出去散散步 | 
| [39:09] | just to sort out what it is that gets you this angry. | 想一想你究竟为什么火气这么大 | 
| [39:12] | I know what got me this angry. | 我知道我为什么火气这么大 | 
| [39:13] | He argued that my client | 他拿我的当事人没有出庭作证 | 
| [39:15] | didn’t testify. | 这件事来做文章 | 
| [39:16] | He came close to doing that, | 他控制了分寸 没有这么做 | 
| [39:17] | I don’t believe he crossed the line. | 我认为他没有越线的行为 | 
| [39:19] | I believe I protected you | 我认为我在给陪审团的指示中 | 
| [39:20] | with an instruction. | 帮你消除了不利影响 | 
| [39:21] | You made your objection on the record, | 你的反对意见已经记录在案 | 
| [39:24] | you preserved it for appeal. | 你保留了上诉的权利 | 
| [39:26] | What else are you asking for? | 你还要怎么样 | 
| [39:31] | Jury has a verdict. | 陪审团做出裁决了 | 
| [39:52] | Will the defedant please rise. | 请被告起立 | 
| [39:56] | Madam fourperson, | 首席陪审员女士 | 
| [39:57] | you’ve reached a unanimous verdict? | 你们达成一致的裁决了吗 | 
| [39:58] | Yes, we have, your honor. | 是的 法官阁下 | 
| [40:00] | What say you? | 请宣布判决 | 
| [40:03] | In the matter of the Commonwealth vs. Richard Jacobs, | 马萨诸塞州诉Richard Jacobs | 
| [40:06] | on the charge of aggravated rape, | 关于加重的强奸罪的指控 | 
| [40:09] | we find the defendant Richard Jacobs, | 我们判决被告Richard Jacobs | 
| [40:13] | not guilty. | 无罪 | 
| [40:14] | Oh, dear god. | 哦 天哪 | 
| [40:25] | Thank you, Mr. Young, thank you. | 谢谢 Young先生 谢谢 | 
| [40:29] | Don’t date, rabbi. | 不要再约会了 拉比 | 
| [40:39] | I was coming for you, | 我要揍你 | 
| [40:41] | not you, not you, for you. | 不是你 不是你 是你 | 
| [41:08] | Do you think that money was motivated ** for her? | 你觉得她的动机是想要钱吗 | 
| [41:11] | The jury reached it’s decision, | 陪审团已经做出了裁决 | 
| [41:12] | we’re satisified justice… | 我们很欣慰地看到正义… | 
| [41:13] | There’s some speculation that she was trying to get pregnant, | 有人猜测说她曾经企图怀孕 | 
| [41:15] | do you have an opinion on that? | 对此你有何看法 | 
| [41:16] | No. | 没有 | 
| [41:17] | -Mr. Young… -Please, please. | -Young先生 -请让一下 请让一下 | 
| [41:20] | Get out of my way, | 别挡着我的路 | 
| [41:22] | We have no comment… | 我们无可奉告 | 
| [41:25] | we have no comment. | 我们无可奉告 | 
| [41:36] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [41:38] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [41:39] | Congratulations, I guess. | 我应该祝贺你 | 
| [41:43] | What are you doing here, Sharon? | 你来做什么 Sharon | 
| [41:45] | Trying to get custody again or something? | 又想争夺抚养权还是什么的 | 
| [41:48] | I thought you might want some company. | 我想你可能需要有人陪 | 
| [41:50] | Dinner maybe. | 或许一起吃个饭 | 
| [41:57] | Yeah. That would be good. | 嗯 那很好 |