时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Last season on The Practice | 《律师本色》前季回顾 |
[00:02] | Ah. | 啊! |
[00:03] | What? | 怎么了? |
[00:03] | There is a head in the bag. | 包里有个人头! |
[00:04] | It’s the woman I met at the bar last night. | 昨晚我在酒吧里遇到这个女人。 |
[00:06] | What are you doing with her head? | 那你带着她的头干什么? |
[00:08] | Somebody put it in there | 有人放进来的 |
[00:09] | George Vogelman, you’re under arrest for the murder of Susan Robin. | George Vogelman,你因涉嫌谋杀Susan Robin被捕了。 |
[00:12] | We both know I’ve always had some motive to tell you I’m innocent. | 你我都知道,我一直有动机告诉你我是无辜的。 |
[00:16] | But now, the evidence’s been closed, | 但是现在,举证已经结束, |
[00:18] | it doesn’t matter what I tell you. | 无论我告诉你什么,都不会有影响了。 |
[00:23] | I didn’t do it. | 不是我干的。 |
[00:28] | We find the defendant George Vogelman | 我们认定被讣雁orge Vogelman |
[00:31] | not guilty. | 无罪。 |
[00:42] | It’s a guy who stabbed me. | 刺伤我的是个男人 |
[00:45] | Guy? You said, you said nun. | 男人?你说的修女。 |
[00:49] | Yes. He was a guy in nun suit. | 是。一个穿修女袍的男人。 |
[00:59] | Is it really so terrible if they see the video tape? | 如果他们看了录像真的这么糟糕么? |
[01:02] | It ain’t great. | 不是好事。 |
[01:03] | We don’t want the jury geting all inflamed over the images. | 我们不想让陪审团被那些画面刺激。 |
[01:05] | We better get going. | 该走了。 |
[01:06] | We’re all set. | 我们都准备好了。 |
[01:07] | Where is your wife? | 你妻子在哪? |
[01:08] | Oh, Jimmy said that I, we didn’t need her this. | 啊,Jimmy说我,我们不需要她来。 |
[01:11] | It’s just a hearing. | 只是听证而已。 |
[01:12] | I want her there for trial. | 庭审的时候我希望她能来。 |
[01:14] | Your kids, too. | 还有你的孩子们。 |
[01:15] | We’re gonna be late, let’s go. | 我们快迟到了,走吧。 |
[01:21] | There’s a message. | 有你的留言。 |
[01:23] | -Thank you. -You’re welcome. | -谢谢。-不客气。 |
[01:25] | Ellenor. | |
[01:28] | George. Hey. | George 你好。 |
[01:31] | My co-op association just evicted me | 我的住房合作社把我赶出来了 |
[01:34] | on grounds of moral interpreted. | 理由是道德败坏。 |
[01:35] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[01:37] | They’re saying that even though I was acquitted in the Susan Robin case, | 他们说即使我在Susan Robin案中无罪释放, |
[01:39] | in their minds it isn’t clear that I’m innocent. | 他们心中也不确定我是清白的。 |
[01:42] | And the voted me out. | 他们投票决定让我离开。 |
[01:45] | How many times do I have to keep paying for something I didn’t do? | 还有多少次我要为自己没有做过的事受惩罚? |
[01:49] | They evicted you from the building? | 他们把你从楼里赶出来了? |
[01:50] | 30 days notice. | 提前30日通知。 |
[01:51] | Is this legal? | 这合法么? |
[01:53] | -Well… -I wouldn’t want a killer living on my floor. | -这…… -我也不希望一个杀人凶手住在旁边。 |
[01:55] | Lucy! | |
[01:56] | Well, not that you’re one. | 呃,不是说你就是凶手。 |
[01:57] | George, I’m just saying that you know some… | George,我只是说你知道有些人…… |
[02:01] | Will you represent me, Ellenor? | 你会代理这个案子么,Ellenor? |
[02:03] | I know it’s not a big case, but… | 我知道不是什么大案子,但是…… |
[02:05] | I brought my lease with me. | 我把租约带来了。 |
[02:11] | Ok. Sure. | 好吧,当然会。 |
[02:12] | In the conference room, we’ll review it. | 去会议室,我们先看一下租约。 |
[02:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢。 |
[02:15] | I feel better already. | 我已经觉得好多了。 |
[02:19] | He is back. | 他又来了。 |
[02:25] | 听写: 诸如 美溪客 | |
[03:08] | This is how she was found, your honor. | 她被发现是就是这个样子,法官大人。 |
[03:10] | You can see the slight bruising on her neck. | 你可以看到她脖子上轻微的擦伤。 |
[03:13] | This is how the police found her? | 警察发现她时她就是这样? |
[03:15] | They hadn’t moved her. | 他们没动过。 |
[03:17] | Ok, here, now, this isn’t blood. | 这里,这不是血。 |
[03:20] | It’s grape jelly. | 是葡萄果冻。 |
[03:22] | Grape jelly? | 葡萄果冻? |
[03:23] | Yes, your honor. | 是的,法官大人。 |
[03:24] | What else? | 还有什么? |
[03:25] | That’s it. | 就是这些了。 |
[03:26] | We’re talking about 30 seconds of footage tops. | 我们讨论的是最多30秒的录像。 |
[03:29] | The problem is that footage is so inflamatory. | 问题在于录像带来的强烈刺激。 |
[03:31] | It doesn’t go to guilty or innocent. It goes to what the scene look like. | 它不是要证明是否有罪,只是展示现场的样子。 |
[03:34] | Why can’t the jury be allowed to see… | 为什么不能让陪审团看到…… |
[03:35] | They look at that, they’d be horrified and decide someone is gotta pay. | 录像带来的惊吓,会让他们觉得必须有人承担责任。 |
[03:38] | You know what? This idea that we have to shelter juries from the truth, | 你知道么?我们必须让陪审团远离真相这个主意 |
[03:42] | that was started by defense attorneys. | 就是辩护律师们琢磨出来的。 |
[03:44] | Already with these speeches, we haven’t even begun. | 已经进入宣讲了,我们还没开始呢。 |
[03:46] | You think that’s a speech? | 你觉得这是宣讲? |
[03:46] | All right. | 好了。 |
[03:47] | Your honor, I have no intention of getting on a soap box, believe me. | 法官大人,请相信我无意把这里当成宣讲台。 |
[03:51] | But how did it happen that we became afraid of letting jury see things for themselves? | 但为什么有一天我们开始害怕让陪审团看到事情的真相? |
[03:55] | This footage describes the scene more accurately than could any testimonial account | 这个录像比任何证词都更准确地描述了现场 |
[04:00] | and given that the system is supposed to be about arriving at the truth, | 想想我们的司法体系就是要找到真相, |
[04:04] | I don’t see why the straightest line of appraoch should be eliminated from the process. | 我不明白为什么要摒弃最简单直接的方式。 |
[04:07] | We cling to this notion that the jury syetem is the best in the world | 我们坚信陪审团是全世界最好的法律体系 |
[04:10] | all the while we don’t trust them. | 我们却一直不能信赖他们。 |
[04:12] | It is absurd, it is indecent | 太荒唐了,下贱 |
[04:14] | it is an insult to this room and to the people | 简直是一种侮辱,对这个法庭和 |
[04:17] | who are in the name of civic duty sit in that box. | 为了履行自己公民的责任而坐在陪审席上的人。 |
[04:20] | I guess I’m so glad you’ve left you soap box at home. | 的确,我很庆幸你把演讲台留在家里没带来。 |
[04:23] | The issue before this court goes to whether or not my client committed the crime, | 本庭的目的是就我的当事人是否犯罪作出判决 |
[04:27] | the district attorney, by his own admission, | 而检控官自己刚刚承认 |
[04:29] | agrees that this footage doesn’t speak to that. | 这卷录像带的证明目的不在于此。 |
[04:31] | It speaks to the nature of… | 证明的是性质…… |
[04:32] | So, we stipulate to stranglulation as the cause of death. | 我们已经认同死亡原因是窒息。 |
[04:34] | I’m not offering… | 我没提过…… |
[04:35] | Can I finish? | 让我说完行么? |
[04:35] | You don’t need to finish, we already what you’re gonna say. | 你不用说完,我们都知道你要说什么。 |
[04:38] | You got a sick, depraved, murdering client like always, | 一如既往地你又有一个病态、卑劣、背负人命的当事人, |
[04:41] | and like always, the more truth you can keep under wraps, the better. | 而且一如既往,隐藏的真相越多越好。 |
[04:44] | It is a disgrace regularly visited upon this room | 这间庄重的法庭都因为 |
[04:47] | by you and every other defense attorney. | 你和你那些辩护律师同类的出入而蒙羞。 |
[04:49] | Napoleon complex, your honor. Res ipsa a pip squeak. | 拿破仑情结,法官大人,屌丝不证自明。 |
[04:52] | All right. | 行了。 |
[04:55] | The video tape is allowed. | 录像带可以进入证据。 |
[04:57] | Whatever is between the two of you, keep it out of the room. | 不管你们两个人之间是怎么回事,不要带进法庭。 |
[05:01] | We’ll bring the jury in at 11:00. | 陪审团将于11点进入法庭。 |
[05:06] | Do you really think that was necessary? | 你觉得有必要么? |
[05:07] | Yes. Any word from Rebecca? | 必须。Rebecca有消息了么? |
[05:10] | The sister agreed to at least talk to her. She should be there now. | 她姐姐同意至少跟她聊聊。她应该已经到了。 |
[05:12] | Where is your family? | 你家里人呢? |
[05:14] | My wife and my son are coming, | 我老婆和儿子正赶过来, |
[05:15] | my daughter is only 11, I don’t want her here. | 我女儿只有11岁,我不想让她来。 |
[05:18] | Call me a pip squeak? | 说我是屌丝(矮穷愁)? |
[05:19] | Get away from me, Richard, before I trample on you. | 躲远点,Richard, 我怕踩到你。 |
[05:21] | All right. | 好了。 |
[05:22] | I’ll get you, Donnell. | 你跑不了(我钉死你),Donnell。 |
[05:24] | I’ll get your client, I’ll get you. | 你的当事人跑不了,你也一样。(我会钉死你的当事人,还有你。) |
[05:26] | Richard. What are you doing? | Richard. 你在干什么? |
[05:30] | He called me a pip squeak in open court. | 他在公开的法庭上说我是屌丝。 |
[05:32] | Richard, you’re a district attorney, | Richard,你是个检察官, |
[05:34] | you can’t be yelling “I’ll get you” to defense lawyers in a corridor. | 你不可以在走廊里对着辩护律师喊“你跑不了(我钉死你)” |
[05:39] | How is the case? | 案子什么情况? |
[05:41] | Circumstantial, but tight. | 都是间接证据,但是很充分。 |
[05:43] | But I will never know what your little friends are gonna pull | 但我可不知道你的小朋友有什么花样。 |
[05:45] | Just don’t be screaming at them in a corridor, all right? All right. | 只要别在走廊里冲他们大喊大叫就行了,好么?好的。 |
[05:52] | Call me a pip squeak. | 说我是屌丝。 |
[05:55] | This man was judged innocent in a court of law. | 这个人经过法庭判决无罪。 |
[05:58] | So was O. J. Simpson. But that doesn’t mean that the a co-op has to welcome him as… | O. J. Simpson也是啊,但这不代表合作社要欢迎他…… |
[06:01] | How many times does he have to be victimized? | 他要当多少次受害人? |
[06:03] | First, he was put on trial and then, after an acquittal, | 他先是遭受审判,在判决无罪后, |
[06:06] | the police planted a knife in my office trying to get him again | 警察为了再把他抓起来,将一把匕首放在到我的办公室。 |
[06:09] | The reason the police did that was because | 警察这样做就是因为 |
[06:11] | they remain convinced that he had cut off a woman’s head. | 他们还认为他砍下了那个女人的头。 |
[06:14] | He’s supposed to walk around branded? | 他应当永远打上这个烙印么? |
[06:16] | I sympathize, counsel, but let’s face it | 我很同情他,律师,但是我们得正视这个问题 |
[06:19] | An acquittal in a criminal trial does not add up to innocence, | 刑事上的无罪释放并不意味着清白, |
[06:22] | simple means that the state couldn’t make its burden of proof. | 只是表明公诉人没有完成举证责任而已。 |
[06:25] | How about O. J. Simpson? | 辛普森一案呢? |
[06:27] | Do you think that a co-op should be required to keep him as a member? | 你觉得应该要求合作社向他敞开大门? |
[06:31] | First of all, O. J. Simpson was found guilty in a civil trial | 首先,在眉新判决中认定O. J. Simpson应当承担责任 |
[06:35] | As Mr. Vogelman probably would be if a civl trial would… | 正刃钮gelman先生如果在眉新事判中可能…… |
[06:37] | You don’t know that! | 你不知道! |
[06:38] | Look, he could be a very nice man | 你看,他真的可能是个好人 |
[06:42] | who by total coincidence just happen to have a human head pop out of his medical bag. | 但所有的偶然恰巧都发生在他身上,所以有个人头从他的医用包里掉了出来。 |
[06:46] | But people in the building have started to move out since he moved in. | 可是,自从他进来大厦里的人开始陆续搬走了。 |
[06:51] | They feel threatened, and by the way, | 他们感到危险,而且我得提一句, |
[06:52] | Co-ops have always been allowed to pick and choose their members. | 法律一直允许合作社选择性地接纳成员。 |
[06:56] | They’re not allowed to discriminate. | 但不能歧视。 |
[06:57] | No. And if he’s been heaved because of the color of his skin, he’d have a case. | 不能。所以,如果他因为肤色而被排挤,他可以起诉。 |
[07:02] | If he’s been evicted because of his religion, he’d have a case. | 如果他因为宗教信仰而被驱逐,他可以起诉。 |
[07:05] | But we’re certainly allowed to ask on the application, | 但是法律完全允许在申请表中询问 |
[07:08] | have you ever been charged with decapitation? | 你是否曾因砍下别人脑袋而被起诉? |
[07:10] | It was a mistake to leave that question off. | 没写这个问题其实是个错误。 |
[07:13] | You think you’re funny? | 你觉得自己很幽默? |
[07:14] | Will you live in the same building with him? | 你会跟他住在同一栋楼里么? |
[07:16] | All right. I’ll take it under advisement. | 行了,我会再考虑一下。 |
[07:20] | Give me till the morning, 10 o’clock. | 明天上午10:00宣判. |
[07:27] | How dare you ask me that? | 你竟然能提出这种要求? |
[07:29] | I understand this is difficult. | 我知道这太难了。 |
[07:31] | My sister is murdered and what, you plan to put her on trial? | 我妹妹被杀了,你们居然还想让她受审? |
[07:36] | Miss Poole, the prosecution thinks there was something going on | Poole小姐,控方认为 |
[07:39] | between your sister and doctor Olson. | 你妹妹和Olson医生之间有特殊的关系。 |
[07:40] | There wasn’t. She like clean teeth, he is a dentist. | 没有这回事。她喜欢牙齿整洁,而那是个牙医。 |
[07:44] | Ok. Then is it possible she could have been having an affair with somebody else? | 好。那么有没有可能她和别人有感情上的问题? |
[07:48] | No. | 不可能。 |
[07:49] | What about her ex-husband? | 她的前夫呢? |
[07:49] | Your client killed her, Miss Washington. | Washington小姐,就是你的当事人杀害了她。 |
[07:51] | He was obsessed with her and he killed her becase she wasn’t interested in him | 他迷恋我妹妹,因为我妹妹对他没兴趣所以杀害我妹妹 |
[07:55] | and I can’t believe you actually expect me to help you. | 难以置信你居然期望我会帮你。 |
[08:01] | Did your sister like bugs? | 你妹妹喜欢虫子么? |
[08:05] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[08:06] | There was a plastic container filled with bugs, cockroaches. | 那有一个塑料容器装满了虫子,蟑螂。 |
[08:10] | It was found at the scene. The police don’t know how it got there. | 在现场发现的。警方不知道是怎么回事。 |
[08:13] | Did she like bugs? | 她喜欢虫子么? |
[08:17] | And no other fingerprints belong to anybody other than the victim or the defendant. | 而且现场除了受害人和被告意外,没有其他人的指纹。 |
[08:22] | What else did you find, detective? | 警探,你还发现了什么? |
[08:24] | We retrieved a pair of latex gloves from a trash container. | 我们从垃圾桶内取证得到一副医用手套。 |
[08:28] | DNA analysis revealed that they were worned by the defendant. | DNA检测表明是被告戴过的。 |
[08:31] | The DNA samples were… | DNA样本是…… |
[08:33] | Oils from skin flakes on the inside of the gloves. | 皮肤在手套内侧留下的油脂。 |
[08:37] | And on the outside of the gloves? | 在手套外侧么? |
[08:39] | Skins, incretions from the victim and traces of grape jelly. | 受害人的皮肤分泌物和葡萄果冻的渍迹。 |
[08:45] | Grape jelly? | 葡萄果冻? |
[08:47] | Yes, her mouth was filled with grape jelly. | 是的,她嘴里塞满了葡萄果冻。 |
[08:50] | Anything else, detective? | 警探,请问还有什么? |
[08:52] | We found several pictures of the victim on the defendant’s desk. | 我们在被告的桌子上发现了几张受害人的照片。 |
[09:03] | Who called you and reported this crime? | 谁报警的? |
[09:05] | Doctor Olson. | Olson医生。 |
[09:06] | And when you got there, | 那你到的时候 |
[09:07] | did he tell you he tried to clear her airways when he walked in, | 他有没有告诉你他试图清理她的呼吸道,就在你进去 |
[09:10] | discoveing her mouth all clotted? | 发现她嘴里都凝结了的时候? |
[09:12] | He said that, yes. | 他说了,是这样的。 |
[09:14] | And for the sake of argument, detective, | 那为了理清我们的争议, |
[09:15] | if somebody reached in to clear Miss Poole’s mouth out, | 如果有人去清佬琽ole小姐的口腔, |
[09:18] | he’d probably get traces of jelly on his hands and gloves, don’t you think? | 他的手上和手套上就很可能沾上果冻的渍迹,你觉得呢? |
[09:21] | Objection, speculation. | 反对,都是猜测。 |
[09:22] | We’re only here because of speculation. | 我们就是因为猜测才来开庭的。 |
[09:24] | Objection. | 反对。 |
[09:25] | Sustained, let’s move on. | 反对有效,我们继续。 |
[09:27] | Detective, are you aware that Miss Poole sought and obtained | 警探,你是否知道2年以前Poole小姐申请并获得了 |
[09:31] | a restraining order against her ex-husband two years ago? | 针对她前夫的禁制令。 |
[09:33] | Yes, we questioned Mr. Johnson, and ruled him out as a suspect. | 是的,我们怀疑过Johnson先生,最终排除了他的嫌疑。 |
[09:38] | If that’s what you’re going. | 如果你是想说这个的话。 |
[09:40] | You can’t rule out the possiblity of somebody else | 你不可能完全排除其他人 |
[09:42] | coming in to that room after Doctor Olson left, can you? | 在Olson医生之后进入那件屋子的可能性吧,能么? |
[09:45] | No evidence points to anyone other than Doctor Olson. | 没有证据指向Olson医生以外的人。 |
[09:47] | But you can’t exclude the possibility of somebody else coming in to that room. | 但你不能排除其他人进入那个房间的可能性。 |
[09:51] | No, I can’t. | 不能。 |
[09:52] | But fibers from his gloves were found on her neck, and nobody else’s. | 但是受害人脖子上发现了来自他手套的纤维,没有其他人的。 |
[09:56] | Yes, and if my client were performing mouth to mouth for resuscitation on the victim | 是,如果我的当事人对被害人进行了口对口的人工呼吸 |
[09:59] | would it be possible for fibers of the gloves to get on the victim’s neck? | 手套上的纤维是不是可能就会沾到受害人的脖子上? |
[10:03] | I have no idea. | 我不知道。 |
[10:05] | You have no idea. | 你不知道。 |
[10:09] | Well, let’s live it with that. | 好吧,那我们只能暂且搁置这个问题。 |
[10:11] | The detective has no idea. | 因为警探不知道。 |
[10:22] | Do you have a second? | 您有时间么? |
[10:25] | Will this be ex-parte? | 这是单方程序么? |
[10:27] | Well, it may or may not be. I’ll let you be the judge. | 这个,可以是,也可以不是。我让你做了本案的法官。 |
[10:30] | Gee, thanks. | 呦,那谢谢了。 |
[10:34] | When I saw that this case was going to your division, | 当我看到这个案子会被分到你的法庭, |
[10:36] | I thought about bringing a motion to recuse you. | 我考虑过提出要求你回避的动议。 |
[10:39] | Since both you and George Vogelman had inadvertently been listed | 因为你和George Vogelman恰都被列为 |
[10:43] | as suspects after Lindsay Dole was stabbed. | Lindsay Dole被刺伤一案的嫌疑人。 |
[10:45] | I know it’s not a direct conflict, but… | 我知道这不算直接的利益冲突,但是 |
[10:49] | Well, after seeing the anger of George Vogelman and what a false accusation can do a person, | 嗯,看到George Vogelman的怨恨,感受过冤屈对人的伤害, |
[10:55] | I have to be honeset and ask the question. | 我想诚恳地问您一个问题。 |
[10:59] | Can you see straight on this issue? | 您能不能洞悉真正的问题? |
[11:02] | Can I see straight on the issue of being falsely accused of something? | 我能不能洞悉真正的问题,蒙受错误的指控? |
[11:07] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[11:09] | Well, if I couldn’t, wouldn’t… | 如果我不能,或者不愿意 |
[11:13] | my bias run in your favor? | 我的私心恐怕也会偏袒你这一方吧? |
[11:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[11:17] | You don’t know? | 你会不知道? |
[11:20] | Any thoughts as to how this case ended up before me, counsel? | 律师,你想过本案会在我的法庭如何结束么? |
[11:26] | It’s because you went to the favor bank | 因为你想靠攒的人情 |
[11:29] | and you asked a certain clerk named Benny | 你特意让一个叫Benny的书记员 |
[11:31] | to make sure this case dropped into my lap, | 想办法把这案子分到我手上, |
[11:35] | figuring my bais would work for you. | 想着我的私心会偏向你。 |
[11:39] | I see a lot straighter than I’m given credit for. | 我比你想象的东西的更清楚。 |
[11:44] | As I said, I will take the matter under advisement. | 我说过了,我会再考虑一下。 |
[11:49] | In the meantime, get your ass out of my chambers. | 而你,滚出我的办公室。 |
[12:03] | She would come in twice a week have her teeth cleaned. | 她每周来2次清洗牙齿。 |
[12:06] | Every week? | 每周? |
[12:08] | Yes. She had this compulsive thing about her teeth. | 是的,她在牙齿上有点强迫症。 |
[12:11] | She brushed them 12 times a day and come in twice a week for plaque removal. | 她每天刷牙12次,每周来2次清除牙菌斑。 |
[12:16] | Were you ever there for any of these cleanings? | 这些时候你都在场么? |
[12:19] | No, he did them himself, which was odd. | 不,他亲自做。挺奇怪的。 |
[12:23] | I’m the hygienist. | 我是牙医助手。 |
[12:24] | He wanted to do them. | 他要自己来。 |
[12:26] | Yes. Then he started scheduling her for early mornings, | 是的。后来他就开始把她的时间排到早上, |
[12:30] | before the office was even opened. | 在上班之前。 |
[12:32] | Did you ever witness any of these early morning encounters? | 你曾经看到过早上他们都在么? |
[12:37] | One time I came in early, the door to the examination room slam shut in a hurry. | 有一次我来早了,检查室的门就砰就关上了。 |
[12:42] | Doctor Olson then told me I was never to come in early like that again. | Olson医生接着告诉我我不能再来那么早了。 |
[12:46] | Did you find it strange? | 你觉得奇怪么? |
[12:48] | Of course, but I find the whole thing very strange. | 当然,整件事我都觉得很奇怪。 |
[12:52] | Anything else you find strange? | 还有什么你觉得奇怪的? |
[12:55] | Well, I’m also in charge of the accounts receivable. | 嗯,我还负责催收帐款。 |
[12:59] | He instructed me not to bill her. | 他让我给她免费。 |
[13:01] | Two visits a week for over a year. | 在一年多的时间里,每周两次。 |
[13:04] | That’s a lot of time not billed. | 免费的时间相当长。 |
[13:06] | So, if I’m clear, the crocks of your testimony is that | 那么,如果我没弄错的话,你的证词意思无非就是 |
[13:11] | he cleaned her teeth twice a week early in the morning and didn’t bill her, | 他每周两次在早上给她清洁牙齿,而且免费。 |
[13:14] | and you found that strange. | 结果你觉得非常奇怪 |
[13:16] | Basically. | 差不多。 |
[13:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢。 |
[13:18] | By the way, do you have any reason to believe | 顺便问一下,你有没有什么理由认为 |
[13:20] | that she wasn’t really geting her cleaned on these visits? | 其实她不是去清洁牙齿的? |
[13:22] | No, I believe she was geting them cleaned. | 不,我相信她就是去弄牙齿的。 |
[13:25] | She had this…thing about it. | 她有这个怪癖。 |
[13:28] | Thank you, Miss Hines. | 谢谢,Hines小姐。 |
[13:29] | That’s all. | 我说完了。 |
[13:33] | You get no case. | 你什么都没证明。 |
[13:34] | Oh, gee, I guess I should just give up then. | 哟,我猜我该撤诉咯。 |
[13:36] | You get fingerprints and that suspicious hygienist, how do you… | 你只有几个指纹和疑神疑鬼的牙医助手。你想怎么…… |
[13:38] | I get two people in a room, one ends up strangled. | 我的证据就是两个人在一间房子里,一个被掐死了。 |
[13:41] | What’s that? Suicide? | 发生什么了?自杀? |
[13:42] | You get no case. | 你什么都没证明。 |
[13:44] | Mr. Donnell, I’m Bob Johnson. | Donnell先生,我是Bob Johnson |
[13:48] | I used to be married to the woman who was killed. | 我和死者结过婚。 |
[13:50] | Now I don’t appreciate you ** that I might be a suspect. | 我对你话里话外影射我有嫌疑的做法不太赞同。 |
[13:53] | Mr. Johnson, I sympathize the loss of your ex-wife | Johnson先生,我对你前妻离去感到惋惜 |
[13:56] | but this is a murder trial, | 但现在是一个谋杀案的审判, |
[13:57] | if your feelings get easily hurt in there, | 如果你的感情这么容易在那里受伤害, |
[14:01] | I’d stay out of the room. | 我要是你,我就不会进去听了。 |
[14:04] | What’s with these people? | 这些人都怎么回事啊? |
[14:08] | They didn’t make their burden. | 他们没有完成举证责任。 |
[14:11] | Maybe, we don’t even get up. | 或许,我们都不用让当事人上证人席。 |
[14:14] | Have you ever heard him close? | 你认真听他说的了么? |
[14:16] | Who? | 谁? |
[14:17] | What who? Your friend, the midget, have you ever heard him close? | 什么谁?你的好朋友啊,那小不点。你听过他的结案陈词么? |
[14:19] | He doesn’t scare me. | 他吓不到我。 |
[14:21] | Bobby, there is no evidence of anybody else coming into that room. | Bobby,没有证据证明其他人进了房间。 |
[14:24] | You have to explain why he never billed her, why he kept her pictures. | 你不得不解释为什么他给她免费,为什么他有她的照片。 |
[14:27] | It dose seem suspicious. | 看起来真的很可疑。 |
[14:29] | Suspicious, yes. But you can’t convict on that. | 是有可疑。但是你不能因此定罪。 |
[14:33] | It’s too risky not to have him testify. | 不让他作证太冒险了。 |
[14:36] | I’m not frightened, I have nothing to hide. | 我不怕,我没什么可隐瞒的。 |
[14:40] | Can I use the computer now? | 我可以去玩电脑么? |
[14:41] | Ask your mother. | 问你妈妈。 |
[14:42] | -Mom? -You have another bite of the broccoli then you may excused. | -妈? -你再吃点西兰花再去。 |
[14:45] | -Mom? -Yes, yes. | -妈? -可以,可以。 |
[14:47] | The main thing, don’t try to outsmart this lawyer, | 最主要的是,不要对这个检察官耍小聪明, |
[14:50] | he’ll be trying to trap you, just… | 他会给你下圈套,你只要…… |
[14:52] | Why aren’t we calling her sister? | 我们为什么不叫她姐姐作证? |
[14:53] | Rebecca talked to her, she is not in the mood to help. | Rebecca和她聊过,她不太配合。 |
[14:55] | But you could subpoena her, right? | 但你们可以传唤她,对吧? |
[14:57] | Well, if she is not gonna be helpful… | 这个,如果她不想配合…… |
[14:59] | What about the ex-husband, can you call him to the stand? | 那前夫呢,你们能不能让他去接受盘问? |
[15:01] | Steven, it’s Nancy. | Steven, Nancy来电咯. |
[15:03] | Shut up. Laura. | 闭嘴。 |
[15:04] | Can I be excused? | 我可以离开一下么? |
[15:06] | Yes, go ahead. | 去吧。 |
[15:09] | I’m gonna take it to my room, one second. | 我回屋里接,稍等一下。 |
[15:11] | Anyway, they key in your testimony is just stick to yes or no. | 无论如何,作证的关键说就是仅仅围绕是或不是。 |
[15:15] | Ok. | 好。 |
[15:18] | Why do you have her pictures? | 你为什么有她的照片? |
[15:20] | I’m sure he’ll be asking that. | 他肯定会问这个。 |
[15:23] | That is something they would ask. | 他们会问这个。 |
[15:25] | I didn’t have an affair with her, Allison. | 我和她没有那种关系,Allison. |
[15:28] | The police aren’t saying affair, Henry. | 警察没说那种关系,Henry. |
[15:30] | They’re saying that you were obsessed with her. | 他们说你迷恋她。 |
[15:35] | Are you? | 是么? |
[15:37] | How many times are we gonna have the same talk? | 同样的对话我们要说多少次? |
[15:40] | Everytime something new pops up like pictures. | 每一次有新的东西冒出来,比如相片。 |
[15:43] | She gave me her pictures, I don’t know why. | 她给我照片的,我不知道为什么。 |
[15:46] | Maybe she is obsessed with me. | 也许她迷恋我呢。 |
[15:48] | Now, think a woman who obsessed with me has to have her teeth cleaned. | 不如你想像一下一个女人迷恋我,一定让我给她清洁牙齿。 |
[15:52] | Maybe she sees a dentist as… | 也许她见到一个牙医就好像…… |
[15:55] | I don’t know, I don’t know. | 我不知道,我不知道。 |
[15:57] | Don’t do that tomorrow, don’t be playing hunches. | 明天不要这样,不要耸肩。 |
[15:59] | Just say she wanted me to have them, I don’t know why. | 就说她想给我,不知道为什么。 |
[16:02] | And for some reason, you just didn’t throw them out. | 因为某些原因,我就没扔。 |
[16:07] | What? | 怎么了? |
[16:09] | Nothing. | 没事。 |
[16:11] | Oh, that’s suspicious? What family doesn’t have grape jelly? | 噢,这也可疑?谁家没有葡萄果酱啊。 |
[16:20] | Mr. Vogelman, I certainly sympathize with the ongoing unfairness you’ve been subjected to. | Vogelman先生,毫无疑问对于你不断遭受的不公,我深表同情。 |
[16:26] | But the co-op contract clearly empowers the association | 但是合作社合同明确授权公社 |
[16:31] | to evict a member as long as it acts reasonably. | 在合理的前提下,撤销某个成员的资格。 |
[16:34] | Now there is a great deal of evidence here | 现在有很多证据 |
[16:38] | to suggest that you went back to a motel with a young lady, first date no less, | 表明你就和一个年轻的女士,还是第一次约会,就回到汽车旅馆, |
[16:42] | where you had sex with her, after which you’ve probably chopped off her head. | 发生性关系,之后你很可能砍下了她的头部。 |
[16:47] | I wouldn’t want you on my block, my shires and my apartment building. | 我个人不会希望你出现在我所在的街区,更不希望在我住的楼里。 |
[16:52] | You may very well be innocent, I realize that. | 我也明白你很可能是清白的。 |
[16:58] | But you might not be. | 但也可能不是。 |
[17:00] | Plaintiff’s petition for a TRO denied. Adjourned. | 驳回原告临时禁制令申请。休庭。 |
[17:08] | What now? | 现在怎么办? |
[17:09] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道。 |
[17:11] | Can I appeal? | 能上诉么? |
[17:12] | George, my legal advice would be for you to start looking for a new place to live. | George, 我法律上给你的建议只能是你应该换一个地方生活了。 |
[17:16] | Never invited anyone to my house in this one. | 再也不要邀请谁去我这个家。 |
[17:18] | Well, maybe you can have your goodbye party, bad joke. | 或许可以办个告别排队,这笑话太冷了。 |
[17:20] | Yeah. Hey, have dinner with me, Ellenor. | 对,Ellenor,一起吃饭吧。 |
[17:24] | My last supper. | 最后的晚餐。 |
[17:27] | We can get an expensive bottle of wine and, I don’t know, pretend things are good. | 拿瓶好酒,然后,我也不知道,假装一切都很好呗。 |
[17:32] | I’m a good cook. | 我做饭很好吃。 |
[17:36] | Sure. It will be fun. | 当然,那一定很有意思。 |
[17:39] | The question is why didn’t you ever bill her and why did you have her pictures? | 问题是,问什么你给她免费,还有为什么你有她的照片? |
[17:46] | Well, she gave me her pictures and I probably should have thrown them away. | 这个,她给我她的照片,可能我真应该扔了。 |
[17:51] | As for the other, I admit, it was very nice to have a beautiful woman come in. | 另一方面,我承认,有美女进来也挺好的。 |
[17:58] | I don’t get a lot of attention from attractive. | 我不是一个特有吸引力的人。 |
[18:04] | It was very flattering. | 这样让人感觉很好。 |
[18:07] | Maybe I even had a little crush and so I didn’t bill her. | 也许我甚至有点心动所以我给她免费。 |
[18:12] | But I never had an affair with her and I certainly did not kill her. | 但是我和她从来没有什么特殊关系,我更没有杀她。 |
[18:16] | Ok, Doctor Olson, I want you to take us through that morning. | 那好,Olson医生,我想让你谈谈那整个早上。 |
[18:20] | I cleaned her teeth, and then I went back to my office | 我清洗了她的牙齿,然后回到我的办公室 |
[18:24] | which is at the end of the corridor, 40, maybe 50 feet. | 办公室在走廊最里面,40或者50英尺远(十几米)。 |
[18:29] | And I thought she had left. | 我以为她离开了。 |
[18:30] | And I came out of my office a little while later, | 过了一小会我走出办公室, |
[18:33] | and I went to the examining room just to clean up, | 然后走到检查室想收拾一下, |
[18:37] | and she was there in the chair. | 结果她就在椅子上, |
[18:42] | Not breathing. | 已经没有呼吸了。 |
[18:44] | What did you do then? | 接着你做了什么? |
[18:45] | I tried to clear her airway, | 我试图清理她的呼吸道, |
[18:48] | and I saw that her mouth was filled with something I didn’t know what at first. | 然后我看到她嘴里塞满了东西,一开始我不知道是什么。 |
[18:53] | And then I realized it was jelly. | 后来我意识到是果酱。 |
[18:56] | And I tried to revive her, I counldn’t. | 我试着救活她,但已经不行了。 |
[18:58] | So I called 911. | 所以我打了911. |
[19:00] | You tried to revive her? | 你试着救活她? |
[19:03] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[19:04] | How? | 做么救的? |
[19:05] | I did some mouth to mouth. | 口对口的人工呼吸。 |
[19:06] | While she had a mouthful of jelly? | 当时她嘴里都是果酱? |
[19:08] | Well, I pulled enough out to clear her airway. | 这个,我撑开了她的嘴去清理呼吸道。 |
[19:11] | Why didn’t you do a tracheostomy? You’re a doctor. | 你怎么没有做一个气管切开的手术呢?你是个医生啊。 |
[19:13] | I considered that, but the truth is, she was dead. | 我想过,但是事实是,她已经死亡。 |
[19:16] | She had no pulse, she wasn’t breathing. | 她没有脉搏,没有呼吸。 |
[19:19] | Ok. | 好的。 |
[19:22] | Did you murder her because she was gonna break off a sexual affair? | 你是否因为她将要结束你们的性关系而谋杀她? |
[19:25] | Objection. | 反对。 |
[19:26] | What, you don’t want him to answer? | 什么,你不希望他回答这个问题? |
[19:27] | I did not have an affair with her and I did not kill her. | 我和她没有关系,我也没有杀她。 |
[19:30] | Before you came back to the examining room, you were in your private office? | 在你回到检查室之前,你在你的私人办公室里? |
[19:36] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[19:37] | Doing what? | 干嘛呢? |
[19:38] | Paper work, I was going over the day’s appointments. | 一些文书工作,我看了一下当天的预约。 |
[19:42] | Paper work. Did you wash the floor? | 文字工作.那你擦地了么? |
[19:47] | I’m sorry? | 不好意思,你说什么? |
[19:48] | The floor. The lab result show traces of ammonia disinfected on the floor, did you wash it? | 地板。实验结果显示地板上有氨水消毒的痕迹,你清洗过? |
[19:54] | We have cleaners come in every night. | 我们每晚有清洁工过来。 |
[19:56] | Yes, but this was Monday, they don’t come in on Sundays. | 没错,但是这是周一,他们周日不来。 |
[19:59] | And the analysis show this floor to be freshly washed, | 分析结果显示地板是新刷的, |
[20:02] | some parts weren’t even completely dry. | 有些地方甚至还没干呢。 |
[20:05] | Did you wash the floor that morning, Doctor Olson? | 医生,你当天早上有没有刷过地板? |
[20:08] | No, I did not. | 没有。 |
[20:10] | Did you cause any liquid to fall on the floor? | 你有没有把什么液体滴到地板上? |
[20:14] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[20:15] | Simple question, Did you cause any liquid to fall upon the floor of your office? | 很简单的问题,你有没有把什么液体滴到你办公室的地板上? |
[20:20] | No, I don’t believe I did. | 没有,我相信没有。 |
[20:21] | What about semen? | 精液呢? |
[20:23] | Is there a reason semen droplets were found, | 有什么原因能解释发现的精斑, |
[20:26] | droplets with the exact DNA match to the one… | 其中的DNA符合…… |
[20:29] | Objection, there was no evidence of any semen introduced. | 反对,采纳的证据中完全没有涉及精液的内容。 |
[20:31] | Nor am I introducing it now, I’m simply asking the witness a question, | 我也没有引入证据,我只是很简单地向证人问一个问题, |
[20:34] | If semen were found, any ideas to how it could have gotten in there? | 如果有精液被发现,你觉得可能是怎么回事? |
[20:39] | Did you think you got it all when you washed the floor that morning, Doctor Olson? | 医生,你觉得会不会是你刷地板的那个早上,精液弄到地板上了? |
[20:42] | Objection. Objection. | 反对,反对。 |
[20:45] | I’ll see counsel in chambers. | 律师到我的办公室。 |
[20:49] | It’s unfair surprise, if they had evidence that… | 这是突然袭击,这不公平,如果他们有证据…… |
[20:52] | We consider it neither inculpatory nor exculpatory, it was a different room | 我们认为这个证据不涉及是否有罪的问题,这是另外一个房间 |
[20:55] | -Oh, that’s crap and you know it. -All right. | -啊,胡说八道,你心知肚明。 -行了。 |
[20:58] | You have evidence of the defendant’s seman being in his office? | 你有证据证明被告的办公室有他的精斑? |
[21:03] | Yes. | 是。 |
[21:04] | And you didn’t turn it over to them? | 结果你没有把证据交换给他们? |
[21:05] | We have no evidence of the victim been in the defendant’s office, | 我们没有证据显示受害人出现在被告的办公室, |
[21:08] | therefore we don’t consider it necessarily relevant. | 所以,我们认为不必然具有相关性。 |
[21:10] | So you decide to just to drop it like a bomb? | 所以你就决定向手雷一样当庭扔出来? |
[21:12] | I asked the witness a question. | 我只是问了证人一个问题。 |
[21:13] | No, you tried to ambush the witness. | 不,你想要给证人下圈套。 |
[21:15] | I did no such thing, you know what? | 我没有,你知道么…… |
[21:16] | Quiet. | 安静。 |
[21:17] | We should declare a mistrial right now. | 我们应该宣告审判无效。 |
[21:19] | I said quiet. | 我说安静。 |
[21:25] | Mr. Bay, I’m very tempted to throw this trial out right now. | Bay先生,我非常想把现在的诉讼作废。 |
[21:29] | Your honor… | 法官大人…… |
[21:30] | Shut up. You’re to turn over to them everything you have on this immediately. | 闭嘴,你立刻把所有的东西都交给他们。 |
[21:35] | If there is one more surprise, | 再有任何突然袭击, |
[21:37] | I’ll dismiss with prejudice in favor of the defendant, you understand me? | 我就支持被告,驳回起诉且不得再诉,你听明白了么? |
[21:42] | Yes, your honor. | 是的,法官大人。 |
[21:43] | I will also put you in jail. | 我还会把你关起来。 |
[21:45] | If I could explain, your honor, | 如果我能解释,法官大人, |
[21:47] | I’m not interested. | 我不想听。 |
[21:49] | You’re on probation for the rest of this trial. | 下面的审判中,你是在缓刑。 |
[21:52] | Your honor, it’s inconceivable for you not to declare a mistrial now. | 法官大人,难以置信你没有宣布无效审判。 |
[21:57] | That’s not gonna happen. The trial goes on. | 不会发生的。审判继续。 |
[22:00] | You want to beat him up in the parking lot, you have my blessing. | 你想去停车场打他一顿,我祝福你。 |
[22:05] | But the trial goes on. | 但审判继续。 |
[22:20] | What the hell was that? | 这特么怎么回事? |
[22:21] | Oh, I can explain. | 哦,我可以解释。 |
[22:22] | And maybe too late to explain. | 也许解释的有点晚了。 |
[22:23] | Well, then I won’t. | 行,那就不用了。 |
[22:24] | -Yes, you will. -Bobby. | -不行,你必须解释。 -Bobby. |
[22:26] | You’re going down for murder now, you get that? | 你离谋杀罪越来越近了,你明白么? |
[22:27] | I didn’t kill her, you get that? | 我没有杀她,你明白么? |
[22:30] | Then start talking. | 那就说清楚。 |
[22:31] | -Leave him alone. -All right. Everybody calm down. | -不要烦他。 -好了,大家都冷静一点。 |
[22:36] | Henry, talk to me. | Henry, 跟我说说。 |
[22:44] | Allison, would you take Steven out? | Allison, 你能把Steven带出去么? |
[22:47] | Ok. Come on, Steven. | 好,Steven走吧。 |
[23:00] | I have a fetish. | 我有怪癖。 |
[23:03] | Fetish? | 怪癖? |
[23:06] | What kind of fetish? | 哪一种怪癖? |
[23:10] | Bugs. | 虫子。 |
[23:15] | Bugs? | 虫子? |
[23:17] | It’s uh… | 就是…… |
[23:21] | I get aroused when I see a woman step on them. | 看到女人踩虫子我就会勃起。 |
[23:28] | She came in, I cleaned her teeth. | 她来,我清洗她的牙齿。 |
[23:32] | And then she would step on the bugs. | 然后她会踩虫子。 |
[23:37] | And then I would go to my office and… | 然后我就会办公室…… |
[23:40] | you know, gratify myself. | 你知道,自慰。 |
[23:45] | And that’s what happened on that day. | 那天就发生了这些。 |
[23:52] | But then I came out, and she was dead. | 但我出来的时候,她死了。 |
[24:00] | I didn’t kill her. | 我没有杀她。 |
[24:03] | I promise. | 我发誓。 |
[24:10] | I’m not crazy. | 我没疯。 |
[24:12] | Ellenor, George is weird. | Ellenor, George太怪异了。 |
[24:13] | No, he isn’t weird. And even if he is | 没有,他不怪。再说就算他是很怪 |
[24:16] | I, I feel bad for the guy, ok? | 我,我替他难过,好么? |
[24:18] | I mean, his life is completely ruined. | 我是说,他的生活完全被毁了。 |
[24:20] | It doesn’t mean you have to eat pork roast… | 那也不意味着你必须赴鸿门宴啊…… |
[24:22] | -Look… -The guy is breaking down her door, Rebecca. | -听我说 …… -Rebecca,那家伙就快破门而入了。 |
[24:24] | You know, Lucy. | Lucy,你要知道…… |
[24:25] | I’m defending you. | 我在帮你说话 |
[24:27] | Rebecca, get on the internet and find out what you can about these crush clubs. | 上网查一下有关粉碎俱乐部的东西。 |
[24:30] | people getting sexually aroused by stepping on bugs | 就是会因为踩虫子而引起性兴奋的人 |
[24:33] | Then I need an expert witness, some shrink can testify about it. | 然后我需要专家证人,找个研究精神病的来作证。 |
[24:36] | And I need it fast. | 要快。 |
[24:37] | What do you mean, step on… | 你指的是什么,踩在…… |
[24:38] | Just what I said. | 就是我说的。 |
[24:39] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了? |
[24:40] | Our client likes bugs. | 我们的当事人喜欢虫子。 |
[24:41] | Ellenor is dating George Vogelman. | Ellenor 要和George Vogelman约会。 |
[24:43] | I’m not dating him. | 我不是去约会。 |
[24:50] | Richard. | |
[24:52] | Don’t start with me, Helen. | Helen,别拿我开刀。 |
[24:53] | I just came to say hi. | 我就是来打个招呼。 |
[24:57] | You know you’re lucky the judge didn’t toss it. | 你要明白,法官没把这个案子作废,你已经很走运了。 |
[24:59] | Hey, if he did, I’d be in no worse off. | 嘿,要是真的作废了,也不会更惨的。 |
[25:03] | I had to catch him on the stand, Helen. | 我必须当庭抓住他们。 |
[25:05] | You know those guys, | 你了解这些货色, |
[25:07] | if I would have turned over all that evidence, | 如果我把所有的证据都交换给他们, |
[25:08] | they’d have tell a nice little story to account for the whole thing. | 他们一定会编一个动听的故事解释整件事情。 |
[25:11] | I had to catch him in a lie. | 我必须得揭穿他们的谎言。 |
[25:14] | Richard, it was prosecutorial misconduct. | 这是检控官渎职。 |
[25:17] | Hey, maybe you can live with seeing murderers walk, I can’t. | 嘿,也许你能坐视凶手逍遥法外,我不行。 |
[25:20] | Now, you can live with losing on appeal so long as you win a trial, | 那现在,只要你在审判中获胜,你就就无所谓上诉时被推翻, |
[25:24] | coz that’s when the cameras are rolling. | 就因为公众都聚焦在现在的审判。 |
[25:26] | Thank you, Helen. | 谢谢, |
[25:28] | You know, you used to sleep with one of their lawyers, | 你知道,你曾经跟他们其中一个律师睡过, |
[25:30] | you’re living with another, | 你还跟另一个女律师合住, |
[25:31] | hey, maybe you’re even sleeping with her. | 也许你跟那个女的也睡了。 |
[25:32] | Is that make you feel better saying that? | 这样说会让你感觉好点么? |
[25:35] | This guy killed a woman, I’ll do whatever I have to. | 那家伙杀了人,我要做我应当做的事情。 |
[25:44] | It’s called a crush fetish. | 这被称作碾压癖。 |
[25:46] | I wouldn’t say it’s common, but it’s certainly not unique to Doctor Olson. | 我不是说这很常见,但是Olson也绝对不是唯一的。 |
[25:50] | Can you describe it for the jury? | 你能向陪审团描述一下么? |
[25:52] | Basically it stems from childhood, | 基本上其源于童年时期, |
[25:54] | and it’s generally related to the Adipose complex. | 通常与恋母情结有关。 |
[25:57] | Can we talk specifically? | 能具体讲一下么? |
[25:59] | Yes. | 好的。 |
[26:00] | Specifically, as a toddler, Doctor Olson saw his mother frightened by a bug, | 具体地讲,Olson医生在蹒跚学步的年纪,见到他妈妈被虫子吓到, |
[26:05] | after which she stepped on it. | 然后踩死虫子。 |
[26:07] | Seeing a surge in his mother’s adrenalin caused a similar adrenal surge in Doctor Olson. | 目睹他妈妈受到惊吓的过程,引起了Olson医生类似的肾上腺素激增。 |
[26:12] | This is a typical genesis. | 这是一个典型的起源。 |
[26:14] | For whatever reason, this adrenal rush becomes sexual as the boy grows older, | 因为一些原因,肾上腺素涌现随着他长大演变到性的方面, |
[26:21] | to the point where one becomes aroused by seeing a female stamp on a bug. | 直到他看到女性踩虫子会兴奋。 |
[26:26] | You studied this? | 你就研究这些? |
[26:28] | I’m familar with it. | 我熟悉这些。 |
[26:29] | Believe it or not, there is currently an American journal of the crush freaks. | 信不信由你,现在还有一个关于碾压癖的杂志。 |
[26:33] | Seeing a woman mash a bug on the floor can be sexually stimulating? | 看到女人踩烂地板上的虫子就会得到性刺激? |
[26:38] | There is an undergound videotape in the street… | 坊间流传着一个地下录像带…… |
[26:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢。 |
[26:43] | And that’s what was going on with him? | 这些就是他身上出现的情况? |
[26:45] | Yes. I would clean her teeth and she would step on cockroaches. | 是的,我给她洗牙,她踩蟑螂给我看。 |
[26:51] | And how did you meet Miss Poole? | 那你是怎么遇见Poole小姐的? |
[26:53] | On the internet. | 网上。 |
[26:54] | She proposed that she would do this for me and in exchange for free teeth cleanings. | 她提出可以给我做这些事情,换免费的的洗牙。 |
[27:01] | Did you ever tell anybody else about your fetish for bugs? | 你有没有告诉过别人,你对于虫子的恋沃颖? |
[27:04] | I told my wife once that it aroused me. | 我曾经告诉过我妻子一次,这个会让我兴奋。 |
[27:08] | But I never told her that Miss Poole was stepping on them for me. | 但我从来没有告诉过她Poole小姐会踩给我看。 |
[27:13] | So Miss Poole, she would crush these bugs, | 也就是说Aole小姐姐碾碾些虫子, |
[27:16] | you’d become aroused and run back to your office and… | 你就会兴奋,跑回你的办公室,然后 |
[27:21] | Yes. | 是。 |
[27:25] | Plead bargin? You mean say I did it? | 控辩交易?你让我承认我做过? |
[27:28] | We’re not recommending it, we’re just saying it’s an option. | 我们不是想建议这样。只是说有这个选择。 |
[27:30] | Why, why would you be throwing it out there as an option if you’re not recommending it? | 为什么?如果不是建议,你为什么现在扔出这么个选择? |
[27:34] | Doctor, you did ok in damage control just now, but the damage was still done. | 医生,到现在你把局势控制的还可以,但是损害已经无可避免的。 |
[27:39] | Jimmy. | |
[27:41] | We’re up against, Henry. I’m not saying I think you did it… | Henry. 我们在努力打这个官司。不是说我觉得是你干的…… |
[27:43] | I’ll say it. | 我来说。 |
[27:46] | I don’t believe you any more , Henry. | Henry. 我不相信你了。 |
[27:49] | Allison. | |
[27:50] | Listening to you up there, | 听听你在庭上说了什么, |
[27:55] | You’re sick, you’re just a very sick person and I… | 你有病,你是一个病人,我…… |
[27:58] | -Honey. -And our children are gonna have to worry about this. | -亲爱的。-我们的孩子会为这些而担忧。 |
[28:05] | -Could you give us a moment? -Sure. | -能给我们一会时间么?-当然 |
[28:25] | Well, I don’t know where to go. | 嗯,我不知道该去哪儿。 |
[28:26] | Hatch a theory he’s been framed or…I don’t know. | 孵化他被诬陷的理论……我不知道。 |
[28:30] | We should’ve been digging into who else want that woman dead. | 我们应该一直在调查谁想让那个女人死。 |
[28:33] | We did dig into that. | 我们确实深入研究了这个问题。 |
[28:34] | Not enough, we didn’t. | 不够,我们没有。 |
[28:36] | She did this stuff, that kinky, who knows what kind of people she was mixed up with? | 她做了这件事,笨手笨脚的,谁知道她和什么样的人混在一起? |
[28:39] | He gets an annuity, you know about that? | 他得到了年金,你知道吗? |
[28:42] | Olson? | |
[28:43] | From his father. An annual annuity of 125000 dollars. | 从他父亲那里。年金125000美元。 |
[28:47] | So? | |
[28:48] | So, anybody thought about plan B? | 那么,有人考虑过B计划吗? |
[28:51] | Plan B? Who? The ex has an alibi. | B计划?谁?前任有不在场证明。 |
[28:54] | I’m talking about Henry’s wife. | 我说的是亨利的妻子。 |
[28:56] | What? | |
[28:57] | She got an alibi? Think about it. | |
[29:00] | Maybe she found out about her husband’s little secret, maybe she want to revenge. | 她有不在场证明?想一想。 也许她发现了她丈夫的小秘密,也许她想报仇。 |
[29:03] | Problem is, if she kills him, there goes the annuity, and she lose a lot of money. | 问题是,如果她杀了他,就会有年金,她会损失很多钱。 |
[29:07] | Better to frame him, get him stuck in jail. | 最好是陷害他,让他被囚禁在监狱里。 |
[29:09] | Come on. | |
[29:10] | Look, she probably has keys to his offices, | 看,她可能有他的办公室钥匙, |
[29:12] | maybe knows his routine, sneaks in, kills the girl. | 也许知道他的程序,偷偷进去,杀死女孩。 |
[29:14] | First of all, the police checked it out. | 首先,警察检查了它。 |
[29:16] | And accepted her word that she was home. | 而且采纳了她的说话,说她在家中。 |
[29:17] | Well, I know Allison, | |
[29:18] | -She would nver… -As you know Henry. | 她不会…正如你所知道的,亨利。 |
[29:20] | you didn’t know he was cheating on his wife with a cockroach. | 你不知道他用蟑螂欺骗了他的妻子。 |
[29:22] | Funny. | |
[29:23] | If she doesn’t really have an alibi, maybe we could plan B her. | 如果她没有不在场证据,我们就可以用B计划对付她。 |
[29:27] | Bobby, there is no way this woman killed her. | Bobby, 这个女人不可能杀了她。 |
[29:29] | Whether it’s true or not doesn’t matter, | 不管是真是假都没关系, |
[29:31] | the point is you could sell it. | 关键是你可以推销这点 |
[29:33] | I mean it, at least enough to make a reasonable doubt. | 我的意思是,至少足以做出合理的怀疑。 |
[29:36] | I thougtht you were out of that business, Eugene. | 我认为你不干那事了。 |
[29:38] | Falsely accusing people of murder. | 诬告杀人的人 |
[29:40] | Last time we did this, we got sued. | 上次我们这样做的时候,我们被起诉了。 |
[29:42] | Hey, I’m just throw it out there. | 嘿,我把它扔出去。 |
[29:43] | Now you say you got an innocent man going down for murder. | 现在你说你有一个无辜的人因为谋杀而下狱。 |
[29:46] | I didn’t think you’d be too fussy about how you get him acquitted. | 我不认为你会太挑剔,你如何让他无罪释放。 |
[29:48] | What was her statement? | 她的陈述是什么? |
[29:49] | Home alone, kids were at school. | 独自在家,孩子们在学校。 |
[29:52] | The police did confirm that the car never left the driveway. | 警方证实这辆汽车从未离开过车道。 |
[29:55] | People take buses. | 人们乘坐公共汽车。 |
[29:56] | It’s too desperate, | 太绝望了, |
[29:58] | -the jury would see right through it. -We are desperate, Jimmy. | 陪审团会正确理解。我们绝望了, Jimmy. |
[29:59] | Your buddy was last seen with the vicitm, | 你的哥们最后一次被看见了, |
[30:01] | he lies under oath, | 他宣誓就职, |
[30:02] | we found out that he gets off on crush cockroaches. | 我们发现他被碾碎的蟑螂甩掉了。 |
[30:05] | He is a sick whacko. | 他病得很厉害。 |
[30:06] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你不知道你在说什么。 |
[30:07] | It’s bad lawyering, Jimmy. | 这是糟糕的律师业, Jimmy. |
[30:09] | -So let’s just concentrate. -Hold on, hold on. | 所以让我们集中注意力。-坚持住,坚持住。 |
[30:11] | Assuming that this is an option, what? | 假设这是一种选择,什么? |
[30:13] | we call her to the stand and then, then ask to treat her hostile? | 我们叫她到看台上,然后问她如何对待敌方? |
[30:16] | Is there another way? | 还有别的办法吗? |
[30:18] | We gotta run it by the client. | 我们得由客户管理。 |
[30:20] | And he’d say no. | 他会说不。 |
[30:21] | Which is maybe why we don’t tell them. | 这也许就是我们不告诉他们的原因 |
[30:22] | Do we have an obligation to tell the client our strategy? | 我们有义务告诉客户我们的策略吗? |
[30:25] | No, we have an obligation to act in his best interest, and this would be… | 不,我们有义务按照他的最大利益行事,这将是… |
[30:28] | You can’t withhold information from the client, that’s malpractice. | 你不能拒绝客户的信息,这是渎职行为。 |
[30:31] | It’s not withholding information, it’s just not telling them the strategy. | 这不是隐瞒信息,只是不告诉他们策略。 |
[30:33] | You don’t tell him we’re going to accuse his wife of murder, | 你不要告诉他我们要控告他的妻子谋杀, |
[30:34] | that’s not withhold information? | 那不是隐瞒的信息吗? |
[30:36] | We’ve already been sued once for this, | 我们已经为此被起诉了一次, |
[30:38] | we don’t need this kind of publicity. | 我们不需要这种宣传。 |
[30:41] | All right, look, let’s run it by Henry, let it be his call. | |
[30:51] | You never told me you could cook, this is delicious. | 你从来没有告诉我你会做饭,这很好吃。 |
[30:55] | Two secrets. First, butter. | 两个秘密。首先,黄油。. |
[30:58] | Butter? | |
[30:59] | Smear the whole bird. | 把整只鸟都弄脏了。 |
[31:00] | Oh, no. | |
[31:01] | See that the one I bet. | 看看我赌的那个。 |
[31:02] | Second, don’t carve all at once. Just dries out the meat. | 第二,不要同时雕刻所有的东西。把肉干完就好了。 |
[31:06] | I cut it as I serve. | 我在服役时就把它切开了。 |
[31:10] | You want another piece? | |
[31:12] | I will have one more and then I’m done. | 我会再来一个,然后我就完了 |
[31:15] | That is an awfully big knife you have there, George. | 那把刀太大了, George. |
[31:18] | Oh, All better to cut your head off with it, my dear. | 哦,亲爱的,你最好把你的头砍掉。 |
[31:22] | Bad joke. It’s one for each of us. | 糟糕的笑话。这是我们每人的一个。 |
[31:25] | That little humor is all I have left. | 那个小小的幽默就是我留下的全部。. |
[31:28] | You know, this thing is gonna folow you. | 你知道,这件事会影响你的。 |
[31:30] | People are gonna make judgments. | 人们会做出判断。 |
[31:31] | Sometimes you can fight it, sometimes you can’t. | 有时你可以抗争,有时你不能。 |
[31:37] | I guess I should just serve the past completely and leave town. | 我想我应该完全忘掉过去,离开小镇。 |
[31:41] | That’s not the worst idea, but… | 这不是最坏的主意,但是… |
[31:44] | I’d miss you. | |
[31:52] | I’ll miss you too, Ellenor. | |
[32:00] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[32:02] | I’ve been missing you. | |
[32:05] | One good thing about my legal lawsuit was I’ve been able to spent time with you. | 我的法律诉讼的一个好处是我可以花时间和你在一起。 |
[32:09] | remember when we used to talk on the phone and laugh back in the days, | 还记得我们过去常在电话里聊天的日子吗? |
[32:14] | before you laid eyes on me. | 在你注视我之前。 |
[32:16] | George, that… | |
[32:19] | You’re the greatest woman I’ve ever known, Ellenor. | 你是我见过的最伟大的女人,Ellenor。 |
[32:23] | I really like having you as friend, George. | 我真的很喜欢你做朋友, George. |
[32:27] | Translation, we’d just stay friends? | 转变,我们只是朋友? |
[32:47] | -No. -Henry. | |
[32:48] | No, Jimmy, I’m not gonna let you point the finger at her. | No, Jimmy,我不会让你指指点点她的。 |
[32:51] | We could lose here, you get that? | 我们可以在这里输掉,你明白了吗? |
[32:53] | You think I’d win because I accuse my own wife of murder? | 你认为我会赢,因为我控告我自己的妻子谋杀? |
[32:56] | We’d be doing it, not you. | 我们会这样做,而不是你。 |
[32:57] | With my blessing. | 用我的祝福。 |
[32:58] | You want to risk prison for the rest of your life, is that what I’m hearing? | 你想在监狱里度过你的余生,这是我听到的吗? |
[33:01] | Allison could not possibly have done this, you know her. | Allison 不可能这样做,你知道她。 |
[33:05] | It doesn’t matter. She is a red herring to give us reasonable doubt. | 没关系。她是个红鲱鱼,给了我们合理的怀疑。 |
[33:10] | This is crazy, Jimmy. | 这太疯狂了, Jimmy. |
[33:12] | What jury is gonna believe… | 陪审团会相信什么… |
[33:13] | It isn’t crazy. | 这并不疯狂。 |
[33:15] | Think about it. | |
[33:16] | Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I think she did it. | 别误会我的意思,我不是说我认为她做了那件事。 |
[33:20] | But the idea she did. | 但她的想法。 |
[33:22] | You said yourself you two had a big scream and fight over this bug fetish thing. | 你说你们两个大吵了一架,为这个虫的事争吵。 |
[33:28] | Maybe she figured it was going on at work. | 也许她认为这是在工作。 |
[33:31] | If the door was locked, she’d have a key, right? | 如果门被锁上了,她会有钥匙,对吧? |
[33:33] | You kept your appointments in your computer at home, | 你把预约的时间安排放在家里的电脑里, |
[33:36] | she’d known if anybody would be there. | 她知道有没有人会在那里。 |
[33:38] | She knew your office’s hours of business. | 她知道你办公室的营业时间。 |
[33:40] | Can you be positive she didn’t go down there? | 你能肯定她没有去那里吗? |
[33:45] | Yes, I can. | |
[33:55] | Me and you, lawyer privilege? | 现在我和你谈话,有律师特权? |
[33:59] | Sure. | |
[34:03] | It was Steven. | 是 Steven. |
[34:07] | What? | |
[34:09] | Your son Steven? | 你儿子 Steven? |
[34:11] | I saw the door close on him when he left. | 他离开的时候,我看见门紧靠着他。 |
[34:15] | I think he must have come down and discovered… | 我想他一定是下来发现了… |
[34:19] | Why haven’t told anybody this? | 为什么没有告诉任何人? |
[34:20] | Because I don’t want him to spend the rest of his life in jail for something I drove him to. | 因为我不想让他为我开脱而送他去监狱度过余生。 |
[34:25] | Now, look, you said I had a very good chance of beating this thing. | 听着,你说我有很好的机会击败这件事。 |
[34:29] | That’s what I’ve decided to do. | 这就是我决定要做的。 |
[34:31] | And he’s letting you take the fall? | 他会让你下狱的 |
[34:33] | He’s so angry with me, he doesn’t care. | 他对我很生气,他不在乎。 |
[34:36] | He doesn’t even know I know. | 他甚至不知道我知道。 |
[34:42] | Let me go to the DA. | |
[34:44] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不是. |
[34:45] | -Henry! -No chance. | -Henry! 没有机会。 |
[34:47] | They’ll try him as an adult, you know that, Jimmy. | 他们会把他当作大人,你知道的, Jimmy. |
[34:50] | His life will be over. | 他的生命将结束。 |
[34:51] | What if he kills somebody… | 如果他杀了人怎么办? |
[34:52] | We’ll get him help. | 我们会帮他。 |
[34:53] | No, Henry, you can’t… | |
[34:54] | This is between you and me, you gave me your word. | 这是你和我之间的事,你向我保证。 |
[34:57] | You say anything to anybody, I’ll confess to the crime. | 你对任何人说什么,我就承认罪行。 |
[35:06] | Things happened because of me. | 事情发生是因为我。. |
[35:09] | I’m willing to take the risk. | 我愿意冒这个险。 |
[35:25] | Ok. Closing arguments. | 好啊。结束争辩。 |
[35:33] | Does it look bad? | 看起来不好吗? |
[35:35] | Of course it does. | 当然 |
[35:37] | She was strangled in his dental chair, no prints belonging to anybody else. | 她被勒死在他的牙科椅上,没有别人的指纹。 |
[35:43] | We know he is a little twisted. | 我们知道他有点小变态。. |
[35:45] | Sexually aroused by seeing bugs get crushed, what’s with that? | 因为看到虫子被踩成而性冲动,这是怎么回事? |
[35:50] | It looks really bad. | 看起来很糟糕。 |
[35:54] | But, he didn’t do it. | 但是,他没有这么做。 |
[35:57] | Who did? | 谁做的? |
[36:01] | I don’t know. | |
[36:02] | I do know, the victim put herself out there on the internet advertising her services | 我知道,受害人把自己放在网上,说出了他的要求 |
[36:08] | and you encounter a lot of depraved people doing that kind of thing. | 你会遇到很多堕落的人做这种事。 |
[36:11] | Maybe she was stocked that day. | 也许那天她被吸引了。 |
[36:14] | Maybe she was followed to my client’s office, | 也许她接着来到我客户的办公室, |
[36:17] | Maybe, her routine was known to the killer and this presented the perfect opportunity. | 也许,她的行为是凶手知道的,这给了凶手一个绝好的机会。 |
[36:23] | I don’t know. | |
[36:25] | Neither do they. | 他们也不知道。. |
[36:27] | All they can prove with the physical evidence is | 他们能用实物证据证明一切 |
[36:30] | that my client was in the same room as the victim, | 我的当事人和受害者在同一个房间里 |
[36:33] | well, he admitted that. | 嗯,他承认。 |
[36:34] | In fact, he called the police, didn’t he? | 事实上,他打电话给警察,不是吗? |
[36:37] | And think about this. | 想想 |
[36:39] | If he was gonna kill somebody, would he do it this way? | 如果他要杀人,他会这样做吗? |
[36:42] | Strangled a person in his own office? | 扼杀一个人在自己的地方? |
[36:45] | Put grape jelly in her mouth, leave his gloves in the room? | 把葡萄果冻放在嘴里,把他的手套留在办公室内? |
[36:50] | Wouldn’t he try to get away with it? Why didn’t he? | 难道他不想逃脱惩罚吗?他为什么不呢? |
[36:53] | Because he didn’t do it. | 因为他没有这么做这事 |
[36:57] | And they have no physical or testimonial evidence to prove that he did. | 他们没有任何物理或证据来证明他做了。 |
[37:08] | He kept her pictures, | 他保存她的照片, |
[37:09] | cleaned her teeth for free while she squished cockroaches. | 当她把蟑螂压扁时,为她免费清洗牙齿。 |
[37:15] | Maybe she said she wasn’t gonna do it any more and he snapped. | 也许她说她不会再这样做了,他厉声说道。 |
[37:20] | We could stand here all day trying to make sense of it. | 我们可以整天站在这里试图弄清它。 |
[37:23] | But you can’t make sense of depravitiies, ladies and gentlemen. | 但是你不能理解诽谤,女士们,先生们。 |
[37:29] | Whether it be a murder or a bug fetish. | 不管是谋杀还是虫媒 |
[37:33] | It’s pointless to apply reason. | 运用理性是没有意义的。 |
[37:35] | No evidence points to anybody else being in that room other than the defendant. | 没有证据表明任何人在被告的房间里。 |
[37:41] | The woman he engaged just come to his office to squish insects | 他预约的女人刚刚来到他的办公室,把昆虫压扁,把他带到高潮。 |
[37:47] | and bring him to a climax is found dead. | |
[37:50] | Him and her, she ends up strangled. | 他和她 ,最后勒死了她。 |
[37:55] | We caught him in a lie | 我们发现他说谎了。 |
[37:58] | right here on the witness stand. | 就在证人席上。 |
[38:01] | We already know he is a liar. | 我们已经知道他是个骗子。 |
[38:03] | Is it really a question here that he’s also a murderer. | 他真是个杀人犯,这真的是个问题。 |
[38:15] | Ellenor. | |
[38:16] | Hey, George. | |
[38:17] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[38:18] | Oh, actually I’m…I’m running late for a deposition. | 哦,事实上,我要迟到了。 |
[38:20] | I just stop by to uh… | 只是停留一下… |
[38:24] | Well, I’m just feeling a little uncomfortable about last night’s kiss. | 嗯,我只是觉得昨晚的吻有点不舒服。 |
[38:30] | Oh. | |
[38:31] | I’ve been thinking about it all night and… | 我整夜都在想这件事…… |
[38:34] | You know, George, your trial was the biggest professional victory of my life. | You know, George, 你的审判是我一生中最大的职业胜利。 |
[38:39] | Pretty big for me too. | 对我来说也很大。 |
[38:41] | I mean, I think on some level, I try to relive that victory every chance I get. | 我的意思是,我认为在某种程度上,我试着在每一次机会中重温那次胜利。 |
[38:46] | And being in your company, on some unconscious… | 在你的公司,在无意识中… |
[38:50] | I just think I feel better about myself when I’m with you. | 我只是觉得当我和你在一起的时候我感觉好多了。 |
[38:55] | You kissed me on some professional high? | 你在某些场合上吻过我 |
[38:57] | No, no. It’s not that. I… | 不,不,不是那样的。我.…. |
[39:02] | I like being with you because.. | 我喜欢和你在一起是因为… |
[39:07] | What I came here to say is that our friendship is very complicated. | 我来这里说的是我们的友谊非常复杂。 |
[39:13] | And my kissing you is probably not gonna happen again. | 我吻你可能不会再发生了。 |
[39:19] | And I just want to be clear on that that we just keep it as friends. | 我只想说清楚,我们只是把它当作朋友。 |
[39:25] | OK. I understand. | OK. 我明白. |
[39:29] | Do you? | |
[39:30] | I get it, Ellenor. | 是的, Ellenor. |
[39:33] | You ok with that? | 你同意吗? |
[39:36] | Yes. And I appreciate your coming here to tell me. | 对。谢谢你来这里告诉我。 |
[39:42] | Good. | |
[39:45] | See you soon. | 期待很快与您见面。 |
[39:47] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[39:50] | Well, I get that deposition, so, all right… | 嗯,我得到了肯定,所以,好吧… |
[39:57] | Bye. | |
[39:58] | Bye. | |
[40:11] | You say you worried about your son. | 你说你担心你的儿子。 |
[40:12] | How is he gonna be better off… | 他会怎样变得更好? |
[40:14] | He’ll be better off out of prison. | 他最好能远离监狱。 |
[40:15] | Listen to me, Henry. | |
[40:17] | Once that verdict comes back, we have no credibility. | 一旦判决回来,我们就没有办法了 |
[40:20] | You’re just a guilty man trying some desperate… | 你只是个不顾一切的人。 |
[40:23] | Unless they come back not guilty. | 除非他们说无罪 |
[40:25] | You yourself said we have a decent chance. | 你自己说我们有一个不错的机会。 |
[40:27] | But it’s a risk. | 但这是一种风险。 |
[40:28] | A risk I’m willing to take. | 我愿意冒这样的风险。 |
[40:29] | -Henry. -I’ve made my decision. | -Henry. -我已经决定了. |
[40:36] | Jury is back. | 陪审团回来了。 |
[41:03] | Will the defendant please rise? | 被告请站起来 |
[41:07] | Has the jury reached its verdict? | 陪审团作出裁决了吗? |
[41:10] | We have. | |
[41:11] | What say you? | |
[41:12] | In the matter of the Commonwealth vs. Henry Olson | 关于 Commonwealth vs. Henry Olson |
[41:15] | in the charge of murder in the first degree, | 在一级谋杀指控中, |
[41:17] | we find the defendant Henry Olson | 我们认为被告 Henry Olson |
[41:21] | guilty. | 有罪 |
[41:27] | Your honor, the defense notes appeal for the record. | 法官阁下,要求上诉。 |
[41:30] | So noted. The court officer will take the defendant into custody. | 注意到了。法庭官员将把被告拘留。 |
[41:34] | Members of the jury, this concludes your services. | 陪审团成员,你们的服务到此结束。 |
[41:37] | We thank you, this matter is adjourned. | 谢谢你,这件事延期了 |
[41:39] | We have appeable issues. | 我们有一些值得商榷的问题。. |
[41:41] | And will we win? | 我们会赢吗? |
[41:42] | I don’t know. | |
[41:43] | I didn’t do it. I didn’t do it. | 我没有这么做。我没有这么做。 |
[41:49] | Well it res ipsa a prison. | 监狱在哪里? |
[41:51] | Get out of here. | 滚吧。 |
[41:54] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办? |
[41:57] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办? |