| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:12] | They are not dismissing. | 他们没有驳回 | 
| [00:15] | Well what about doing a motion for discovery? | 提出证据开示动议如何? | 
| [00:18] | Darryl, we have already been… | Darryl,我们已经在做… | 
| [00:19] | Coz they need to discover that I didn’t do this. | 因为他们需要公开那些我做过这些事的证据 | 
| [00:22] | The motion for discovery just asks for state’s evidence | 证据开示动议只是针对州检的证据 | 
| [00:26] | which we’ve already done. | 我们已经做了 | 
| [00:27] | What we are talking about now, Darryl, is the trial. | 我们现在讨论的是庭审,Darryl | 
| [00:31] | Oh. You mean we need to do that, right? | 噢,你是说我们需要做那些,是吧? | 
| [00:34] | Coz as long as I am in here | 只要我呆在这里 | 
| [00:36] | then my grandmother is all alone. | 我奶奶就独自一人 | 
| [00:37] | She’s too sick to come to court as it is. | 她身体不好,看样子去不了法庭 | 
| [00:40] | I still think our best hope maybe with mental health issues, | 我还是认为我们最可靠的希望还是利用心理健康问题, | 
| [00:44] | with the border line IQ and you background of physical abuse… | 边缘型智商还有你受过身体虐待的背景。。。 | 
| [00:48] | But I told you before | 但我之前跟你说过 | 
| [00:49] | I don’t wanna go to a mental hospital, | 我不想去精神病院 | 
| [00:50] | I want to go home. | 我要回家 | 
| [00:51] | I understand what you’re saying, I really do. | 我理解你的意思,我很清楚 | 
| [00:55] | But if we lose the trial, you won’t get to go home either. | 但是如果败诉,你也不可能回家的 | 
| [00:59] | But we can’t lose coz I didn’t kill the kid. | 但是我们不会败诉的,因为我没有杀那个孩子 | 
| [01:01] | Well unfortunately it doesn’t always work that way. | 可总是有万一呀 | 
| [01:04] | But I can tell them I didn’t do it. | 我能告诉他们我没有做过 | 
| [01:07] | Yeah, well, I think the prosecution might ask for more than that. | 是的,好吧,我想检察官会要求更多的 | 
| [01:18] | Forget it. | 休想 | 
| [01:19] | Richard, he’s 17 going on 12. | Richard,他17岁但(智商还不满)12岁 | 
| [01:22] | You had your evaluations, the kid can stand trial. | 随便你咋算,但这孩子够上法庭了 | 
| [01:24] | Come on, I know there is a big humanitarian trapped | 别这样,我知道在猥亵的小身板儿里 | 
| [01:26] | inside that little nasty body. | 还是充满着博爱人道的 | 
| [01:27] | Oh yes, make little jokes. | 噢是呀,开个小玩笑吗 | 
| [01:29] | That’s very big of you, Ellenor. | 你倒是非常大,Ellenor | 
| [01:31] | Look, Richard, I know you and I have had our differences. | Richard,你看,我知道我们俩有过分歧 | 
| [01:33] | Ask Brian Tabbitt’s parents what they’d like to work out. | 去问下Brian Tabbitt的父母希望得到什么结果 | 
| [01:35] | Your client killed their eight-year-old son for sport. | 你的客户为了好玩杀了他们八岁的儿子 | 
| [01:37] | Darryl Hutchins has the IQ… | Darryl Hutchins有智力方面的。。。 | 
| [01:39] | I am not making any deals. I am sorry. | 我没有打算达成任何交易,抱歉 | 
| [01:44] | Midget… | 侏儒。。。 | 
| [02:37] | Anything? | 有什么情况吗? | 
| [02:38] | Nothing. | 没有 | 
| [02:39] | Was your father beating you? | 你父亲打你了? | 
| [02:41] | Because if he was, | 如果他打了 | 
| [02:43] | we could be talking self-defence. | 我们可以考虑正当防卫 | 
| [02:45] | Is that what happened? | 到底发生了什么? | 
| [02:48] | Your neighbors heard you when you and your father arguing last night, | 你的邻居昨晚听到你和你父亲在争吵 | 
| [02:51] | someone saw you running from the house. | 有人看到你跑出了屋子 | 
| [02:53] | If you paniced, that’s totally understandable. | 如果你很惊慌,那是很正常的 | 
| [02:58] | Wendy, look at me, look at me. | Wendy,看着我,看着我 | 
| [03:02] | Let me help you. | 让我来帮你 | 
| [03:07] | You tell me it was self-defence and that’s what I write down. | 你告诉我那是正当防卫的话,我就记下来 | 
| [03:17] | I wasn’t in the house. | 我不在屋子里 | 
| [03:20] | She’s not gonna talk. | 她不想说 | 
| [03:21] | Where is the boyfriend? | 她男友在哪里? | 
| [03:22] | Next room. | 另一间 | 
| [03:33] | Listen to me. | 听我说 | 
| [03:33] | If she goes down for murder, | 如果她因谋杀而被起诉 | 
| [03:35] | you could be accessary before the fact. | 你事实上将作为从犯 | 
| [03:37] | That’s life in prison. | 终身坐牢 | 
| [03:40] | You ready for that? | 你准备那样吗? | 
| [03:45] | Fact that this just happened last night, | 这不过是昨晚的事 | 
| [03:47] | could be a big break for you, | 对你来说是个大事 | 
| [03:49] | maybe you didn’t know what happened when she called, | 也许她给你打电话给你的时候你不知道发生了什么 | 
| [03:51] | maybe she didn’t tell you till later. | 也许之后她也没告诉你 | 
| [03:53] | You come forward now, you won’t look like an accessary at all. | 你现在主动交代,就完全不像是从犯的样子 | 
| [03:56] | I am not gonna talk. | 我不想说什么 | 
| [03:57] | Look, Scott, I could be a friend here or not. | 你看,Scott,我可以是你的朋友,也可以不是 | 
| [04:01] | My dad is a police officer. | 我父亲也是一个警官 | 
| [04:03] | I know my rights, and I want a lawyer. | 我知道我的权力,我要一个律师 | 
| [04:06] | Who’s your dad? | 你父亲是谁? | 
| [04:08] | Detective Frank Lopes. | Frank Lopes警探 | 
| [04:12] | So get me a lawyer. | 给我找个律师 | 
| [04:22] | You heard? | 你听到了? | 
| [04:23] | He’s Frank’s kid? | 他是Frank的孩子? | 
| [04:25] | Any ideas? | 怎么办? | 
| [04:28] | Well, we should probably call Frank, | 好吧,我们看来应该通知 Frank | 
| [04:31] | think we own him that. | 毕竟是自己人 | 
| [04:33] | This will kill him. | 这会害死他的 | 
| [04:42] | I am not commenting on the facts of the case, | 我对本案的事实不做评论 | 
| [04:44] | I am merely stating my opinion | 我仅仅是站在我的角度看 | 
| [04:45] | that the Commonwealth just turning into a police state. | 这个联邦变成了一个警察国家 | 
| [04:48] | Darryl Hutchins doesn’t have the mental capacity to defend himself, | Darryl Hutchins不具备为自己辩护的心智能力 | 
| [04:51] | and yet they push forward anyway. | 但他们还是执意推进本案 | 
| [04:53] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [04:54] | Because Richard Bay can smell a conviction | 因为Richard Bay能嗅到定罪的味道 | 
| [04:56] | going after the mentally challenge | 追求心理上的挑战 | 
| [04:58] | and stock piling convictions | 并积累大量定罪 | 
| [04:59] | is how assistant District Attorneys like pile line | 这就是地区助理检察官如何为 | 
| [05:02] | for their future political careers. | 他们未来的政治生涯积累资本的 | 
| [05:05] | If you think I will tolerate any of the nonsense | 如果你认为我能容忍任何荒谬的话 | 
| [05:08] | that went on to that last trial… | 那就直接去最后的庭审吧。。。 | 
| [05:10] | I am not entitled to freedom of speech? | 我没有言论自由的权利吗? | 
| [05:12] | That wasn’t about free speech; | 那不是自由言论 | 
| [05:13] | that was intended for the jury. | 那是用于影响陪审团的 | 
| [05:14] | It was not. | 那不是 | 
| [05:15] | -Both of you… -Oh, give me a break, Ellenor. | 你们俩。。。噢,饶了我吧,Ellenor | 
| [05:16] | There are not sequestered, | 那里没有隔离 | 
| [05:18] | she’s hoping one or two or more will catch | 她希望有个别陪审员能感受到 | 
| [05:19] | that little sound bite on the news. | 新闻上带来的些许效果 | 
| [05:21] | Look, I am this close to ordering that | 好了,我几乎要发布不允许你们两个人 | 
| [05:23] | you two never be allowed in the same courtroom again. | 出现在同一个法庭上的命令了 | 
| [05:26] | Ms. Frutt, consider yourself get. | Frutt小姐,自重吧 | 
| [05:28] | No more talking to the press. | 不许再和新闻界交谈 | 
| [05:30] | That’s all. | 就这样 | 
| [05:34] | You try to agitate me, Ellenor, | 你想搞我是吧?Ellenor | 
| [05:35] | why can’t you just admit it? | 你就不能承认吗? | 
| [05:36] | This is a case we should plead out, | 这是一个我们应该要认罪的案子 | 
| [05:38] | but your personalize everything | 但是你把一切都个人情绪化了 | 
| [05:39] | because you need to beat me, so you… | 因为你需要打败我,所以你。。。 | 
| [05:40] | You client committed a murder, | 你的客户犯了谋杀罪 | 
| [05:42] | DA should take that personally. | 地检律师应该特别对待 | 
| [05:43] | Oh, go away. | 噢,滚吧你 | 
| [05:44] | Can I ask you something, Ellenor? | 我能问你件事吗?Ellenor | 
| [05:46] | Your guy picked up a board | 你的客户抄起一块木板 | 
| [05:48] | and clubed an eight-year-old to death, | 击杀了一个八岁的孩子 | 
| [05:50] | does that even bother you? | 这会让你感到烦恼吗? | 
| [05:52] | First of all, he said he didn’t do it… | 首先,他说他没有做 | 
| [05:54] | Well, I didn’t know that, | 好吧,我也不知道 | 
| [05:56] | let’s dismiss that. | 让我们拒绝受理吧 | 
| [05:57] | Ms. Frutt, my name is Eddy Chesler, | Frutt小姐,我叫Eddy Chesler | 
| [06:00] | I am kind of a friend of Darryl’s. | 我算是Darryl的一个朋友 | 
| [06:01] | And? | 那么? | 
| [06:06] | What can I do for you? | 我能做些什么? | 
| [06:09] | Darryl didn’t kill that kid. | Darryl没有杀那个孩子 | 
| [06:12] | Can we like go someplace to talk? | 我们找个什么地方谈一下? | 
| [06:19] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? | 
| [06:21] | A man by the name of Branden Lowhurst was found dead this morning. | 今早发现了一个叫做Branden Lowhurst的男人死了 | 
| [06:25] | What? My son goes out with his daughter. | 什么?我儿子和他的女儿在约会 | 
| [06:28] | We know. | 我们知道 | 
| [06:28] | He was found at the bottom of the stairs with a broken leg. | 他在楼梯底部被发现,腿断了 | 
| [06:31] | We think maybe his daughter pushed him. | 我们想也许是他的女儿推的他 | 
| [06:34] | Well, your son, Frank, he was seem fleeing the house. | 嗯,你的儿子,弗兰克,他好像从房子里逃出来 | 
| [06:37] | My son? | 我儿子? | 
| [06:39] | They’re both here and they are not talking. | 他们都在这里,但他们都不说话 | 
| [06:41] | Scott requested a lawyer. | Scott要求请律师 | 
| [06:46] | Where is he? | 他在哪里? | 
| [06:46] | He’s in room 3. | 他在三号房间 | 
| [06:50] | I want to talk to him alone, no windows. | 我去和他单独谈谈,关掉监控 | 
| [06:53] | You have my word. | 我保证 | 
| [07:02] | This kid Kenny, Kenny Saden, | 这小子,Kenny,Kenny Saden | 
| [07:05] | he lives in the neighborhood, and he’s trouble. | 他住在隔壁,他有问题 | 
| [07:08] | I think he killed the boy. | 我想是他杀了那个小孩 | 
| [07:10] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [07:11] | I was on my way over to meet him at that old house. | 我在去那所老房子的路上遇到了他 | 
| [07:13] | We kind of use this place to hang out | 我们都到那地方闲逛 | 
| [07:15] | since no one lives there anymore. | 因为那里不再有人住了 | 
| [07:16] | I heard the scream from outside as I was on my way up, | 我在外面路上的时候听见惊叫声 | 
| [07:21] | then I see Darryl come up, he goes in, | 然后我看见Darryl来了,他进去了 | 
| [07:24] | then I see Kenny come out. | 然后我又看见Kenny出来 | 
| [07:26] | I think Kenny killed that boy before Darryl went in. | 我想Kenny在Darryl进去之前杀了那个男孩 | 
| [07:31] | Why didn’t you tell this to the police? | 你为什么没有把这些告诉警察? | 
| [07:33] | Coz I got to live in that neighborhood. | 因为我还得住在那个社区呢 | 
| [07:35] | Ever spend any time in Charles Town? | 在Charles镇住过吗? | 
| [07:37] | There is a code. | 那是要有规矩的 | 
| [07:39] | But why come forward now? | 但现在为什么又自愿说出来呢? | 
| [07:42] | Well, I guess because I also got to live with myself. | 我想是因为我也打算独立生活了 | 
| [07:46] | Are you prepare to testify to this? | 你准备为此去作证吗? | 
| [07:48] | If I have to. | 如果必须的话 | 
| [07:50] | Eddie, you wouldn’t happen to have a grudge | Eddie,你不会是刚好和Kenny Saden那孩子 | 
| [07:54] | against this Kenny Saden kid, would you? | 有些私怨吧,是吗? | 
| [07:56] | Hey, I am just telling you what happened, all right? | 嘿,我就是告诉你发生了什么,好吗? | 
| [08:00] | Now do you want my help or not? | 现在你需不需要我的帮助? | 
| [08:12] | He has something he wants to say. | 他有些事要说 | 
| [08:15] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [08:16] | Helen, we know each other a long time, Helen. | Helen,我们认识很久了 | 
| [08:20] | I will do what I can, Frank. | 我会尽我所能的,Frank | 
| [08:25] | She was crying when she called. | 她哭着给我打电话 | 
| [08:27] | I asked her what was wrong but she just said he did it again. | 我问她出什么事了,但她只是说他父亲再次。。。 | 
| [08:31] | I figured he must hit her again. | 我估计他一定是又打她了 | 
| [08:34] | Her father hit her. | 他父亲打她了 | 
| [08:35] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [08:35] | And this has happened before. | 这些以前发生过 | 
| [08:37] | A few times. I even told my dad about it. | 有几次,我甚至都告诉过我父亲 | 
| [08:41] | She told you what the fight was about? | 她告诉你为什么了吗? | 
| [08:44] | It was always about how she talks back. He was an ass. | 她总是说,他是个畜生 | 
| [08:48] | Did she push him down the stairs? | 是她把她父亲推下楼梯的吗? | 
| [08:50] | No. She wasn’t even there when he fell. | 不是,他摔下去的时候,她不在那里 | 
| [08:53] | She was calling me from her cell phone. | 她用手机打给我的 | 
| [08:55] | You know for a fact she wasn’t even there. | 你确切知道她不在那里 | 
| [08:58] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [08:58] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道? | 
| [09:05] | Because when I went there, | 因为当我到那里的时候 | 
| [09:09] | I went alone. | 我自己进去的 | 
| [09:11] | You saw Mr. Lowhurst? | 你看到Lowhurst先生了? | 
| [09:14] | I took my dad’s gun and went to his house. | 我拿了我父亲的枪进去的 | 
| [09:19] | Okay, and what happened then? | 好吧,接下来发生了什么? | 
| [09:22] | I went upstairs looking for him. | 我上楼去找他 | 
| [09:24] | How did you get in? | 你怎么进去的 | 
| [09:26] | I walked in. The door wasn’t locked. | 我走进去的,门没有锁 | 
| [09:29] | Then what happened? | 然后呢? | 
| [09:31] | He wasn’t in his bedroom | 他不在卧室 | 
| [09:34] | so I went back into the hallway | 所以我回到走廊 | 
| [09:36] | just as to see him coming out of the bathroom. | 正好看到他从洗手间出来 | 
| [09:41] | What did you do? | 你做了什么? | 
| [09:45] | I pointed the gun at him and told him | 我用枪指着他并告诉他 | 
| [09:48] | if he ever lay a hand on Wendy again I’d kill him. | 如果他再碰一下Wendy,我就宰了他 | 
| [09:52] | I just wanted to scare him | 我只是要吓唬他 | 
| [09:54] | but he backed up and fell down the stairs. | 但他后退然后摔下楼梯了 | 
| [10:02] | At first I thought he was knocked out | 开始我想他只是摔昏了 | 
| [10:05] | but then I could tell he was dead. | 但之后我看他是死了 | 
| [10:10] | I got scared and ran out. | 我吓坏了,跑了出来 | 
| [10:14] | I swear, Ms. Gamble, | 我发誓,Gamble小姐 | 
| [10:15] | I never ever wanted to hurt him. | 我从来没想过要伤害他 | 
| [10:18] | I just wanted to scare him. | 我只是想吓唬他一下 | 
| [10:37] | I can either go to the DA, | 我可以去地捡 | 
| [10:38] | turn over the new evidence | 提交新证据 | 
| [10:39] | and ask them to reopen the investigation… | 要求他们重新调查 | 
| [10:41] | Richard Bay. | Richard Bay. | 
| [10:42] | Exactly. He won’t do anything… | 他肯定什么也不去做 | 
| [10:44] | You have to add him to your witness list. | 你必须要把他加入到你的证人名单中 | 
| [10:45] | I am doing that. | 我正在做 | 
| [10:46] | My question is do I come clean with what I have got | 我的问题是,我应该把我所拥有的都全盘托出 | 
| [10:48] | or do I just play the card at trial? | 还是留下这一手等到庭审的时候? | 
| [10:49] | Just bring it at trial. | 庭审的时候再用 | 
| [10:50] | Wait a second, if they investigate it, | 等一下,如果他们调查这件事 | 
| [10:52] | and this guy’s story checks out, | 并且证实这孩子说的对 | 
| [10:53] | you might avoid a trial. | 你就不用庭审了 | 
| [10:55] | Doesn’t sound like you totally blow the prosecution’s case, | 听起来不像你能完全让检方的起诉告吹 | 
| [10:57] | and if the trial goes forward, | 如果庭审进行 | 
| [10:59] | the less prepare Richard Bay is. | Richard Bay准备得越少 | 
| [11:00] | Unfair surprise. | 不公平突袭 | 
| [11:02] | No, it isn’t. The witness is on the list. | 不,那不是,证人在名单上 | 
| [11:04] | Are you telling him what the witness will say? | 你会告诉他证人要说什么吗? | 
| [11:05] | No. | 不 | 
| [11:06] | Just he was in the area | 只是说他刚好在那一带 | 
| [11:07] | then he went to the house with this Kenny person. | 他和叫Kenny的那个人走近屋子 | 
| [11:09] | Nothing about hearing screams, | 不提听到惊叫声 | 
| [11:10] | I don’t have to tip that. | 我不必去提示那些 | 
| [11:11] | Unfair surprise. | 不公平突袭 | 
| [11:12] | It is not. | 那不是 | 
| [11:13] | It isn’t. | 不是 | 
| [11:14] | Look, put him on the witness list. | 你看,把他加入证人名单 | 
| [11:15] | Let him give his testimony, | 让他作证 | 
| [11:17] | let that be that, no way do you tip Richard Bay. | 就那样吧,不给Richard Bay任何提示 | 
| [11:20] | Bobby, there is a detective you got to see. | Bobby,你看这来了一个警探 | 
| [11:23] | Bobby. Bobby。 | |
| [11:23] | Frank, what’s up? | Frank,怎么了? | 
| [11:25] | It isn’t good, can I talk to you? | 事情不妙,我能和你谈谈吗? | 
| [11:27] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [11:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [11:28] | Hey, Eugene, could you see me? | 嘿,Eugene,你也来吧? | 
| [11:31] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [11:34] | You let him talk? | 你让他开口了? | 
| [11:36] | He’s not a criminal. | 他不是罪犯 | 
| [11:37] | I understand, Frank, but he’s facing criminal charges. | 我理解,Frank,但他面临犯罪指控 | 
| [11:40] | Bobby, I know the way police think, Okay? | Bobby,我知道警察的办事方式 | 
| [11:43] | You don’t talk, you are a suspect automatic. | 你不说,你就自动成为嫌犯 | 
| [11:45] | Well it seems he is anyway. | 好了,不管怎么看起来他都是 | 
| [11:46] | They are going to arraignment? | 他们要提审吗? | 
| [11:48] | I don’t know one, what? | 我不知道,什么? | 
| [11:49] | Helen Gamble promised me… | Helen Gamble许诺说。。。 | 
| [11:51] | Helen Gamble is the DA? | Helen Gamble负责这个案子? | 
| [11:52] | She said she might have to withdraw. | 她说她可能退出 | 
| [11:54] | Since, you know, if she’s gonna help me | 你懂的,如果她想帮我 | 
| [11:55] | I guess she’d have to. | 我想她会的 | 
| [11:56] | Frank, she might wanna help you, | Frank,她也许想帮你, | 
| [11:58] | but this is a homicide. | 但这是凶杀案 | 
| [12:00] | It is not gonna slip by quietly | 不会大事化小小事化了的 | 
| [12:02] | and DAs rarely cut favors on murder cases. | 地检极少会对于凶杀案不感兴趣 | 
| [12:04] | Trust me on that. | 相信我说的 | 
| [12:06] | Bobby, Helen Gamble’s here. | Bobby, Helen Gamble来了 | 
| [12:15] | I just found out about the witness this morning. | 我今早刚找到一个证人 | 
| [12:17] | Oh, right. | 噢,真巧 | 
| [12:18] | You were there when he walked up to me, Richard. | Richard,他来找我的时候,你在那里 | 
| [12:20] | What is your offer of prove? | 你们提供什么样的证词? | 
| [12:22] | He was in the area. | 他在现场附近 | 
| [12:23] | He maybe no good to me at all, who knows, | 他也许对我不利呢,鬼知道 | 
| [12:25] | but I am desperate, okay? | 但是我现在快绝望了,好吗? | 
| [12:26] | My client doesn’t have enough of IQ to contribute to his own defence. | 我的客户没有为自己辩护的心智能力 | 
| [12:29] | -Here we go again. -He knows that. | – 你又来了 – 他知道的! | 
| [12:31] | And I should be allowed to add one lousy witness. | 我应该被允许增加一个哪怕是差劲的证人 | 
| [12:33] | Your Honour, if I may repond? | 法官大人,我是否可以回应? | 
| [12:34] | No, you may not. | 不,你不可以 | 
| [12:35] | The witness is allowed. | 接受这个证人 | 
| [12:37] | Let’s go into court and get this over with. | 让我们到法庭上把这事了结了 | 
| [12:43] | It is not an official objection, but I think you favor her. | 这不是正式的反对意见,但我认为你偏袒她 | 
| [12:55] | We are charging him a second degree murder. | 我们将指控他二级谋杀 | 
| [12:58] | What did you say? | 你说什么? | 
| [12:59] | Unfortunately, they are all over the subst… | 不幸的是,他们全都。。。 | 
| [13:01] | Wow wow, slow down, Helen, second degree? | 喔喔喔,慢点,Helen,二级谋杀? | 
| [13:04] | That’s life. | 那是一辈子 | 
| [13:05] | With the possibility of parole. | 可以假释 | 
| [13:07] | You heard that it was an accident for God’s sakes. | 看在上帝的份上,你听到了那是一场事故 | 
| [13:10] | He’s going to prison because of what, politics? | 他进监狱是因为什么?政治? | 
| [13:12] | It isn’t politics, Frank. | 这无关政治,Frank | 
| [13:13] | You looked me in the eye. You said you’d do what you could… | 你看着我的眼睛。你说过你尽你所能的 | 
| [13:15] | And I am. | 我是的 | 
| [13:17] | Frank, when you brought us in there for his statement | Frank,当你把我们带到那里听他的陈述时 | 
| [13:19] | I thought he was accessary at best… | 我认为他至多是个从犯。。。 | 
| [13:21] | It was an accident. | 这是一场事故 | 
| [13:22] | Guy fell down a flight of stairs and you bring out murder charges? | 某人从楼梯上摔了下来,你却提出谋杀指控? | 
| [13:24] | How is that anything… | 这是怎么回事? | 
| [13:25] | He fired the gun. | 他开枪了 | 
| [13:30] | What? | 什么? | 
| [13:32] | The gun has been discharged. | 那枪开过火 | 
| [13:33] | We did a trace metal on Scott, he fired it. | 我们给Scott做金属痕迹测试,他开过枪 | 
| [13:36] | He even dug the bullet out of the wall | 为了避免我们发现 | 
| [13:38] | to avoid us finding it. | 他甚至把子弹从墙上挖了出来 | 
| [13:41] | I’d like to help. | 我想帮助你 | 
| [13:43] | But we’ve got an armed assault in a dwelling. | 但是我们已经有了一起武装入室袭击案件了 | 
| [13:45] | We’ve got enough to make a first degree, | 我们已经足够去指控一级谋杀了 | 
| [13:47] | in which case there is no chance of parole. | 但这样就没有假释的机会 | 
| [13:53] | Murder two is a break, believe it or nor. | 二级谋杀已是破例了,信不信由你 | 
| [13:57] | I am sorry. | 我很抱歉 | 
| [14:06] | The victim died of a blunt force trauma to the head. | 受害者死于头部钝器伤 | 
| [14:10] | Were you able to determine the cause of the trauma? | 你能确定造成创伤的原因吗 | 
| [14:12] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [14:13] | Wood fragments were recovered from boy’s skull | 从男孩的头骨上发现了一些木头碎片 | 
| [14:15] | indicating he had been beaten with a wooden object. | 表明他被一个木制物体击打过 | 
| [14:18] | Did you subsequently determine the source of those fragments? | 你随后确定了这些碎片的来源吗? | 
| [14:21] | They came from a plank | 们来自于从屋子地板上取下 | 
| [14:24] | removed from the flooring of the house, | 的一块木板 | 
| [14:26] | and later recovered by the officers | 稍后在犯罪现场后面的巷子里 | 
| [14:28] | in the alley behind the crime scene. | 被警官们找回。 | 
| [14:34] | This would be the piece of wood? | 这是那块木板吗? | 
| [14:36] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [14:37] | And further analysis found it to be | 进一步的分析发现 | 
| [14:38] | covered with blood matching the victim’s. | 上面覆盖有和被害人相符的血液 | 
| [14:41] | And you tested it for prints? | 你进行指纹测试了吗? | 
| [14:43] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [14:44] | I performed a fingerprints analysis of the laid prints | 我在这同一块木板上的取样 | 
| [14:46] | left on the same piece of wood. | 进行了指纹测试分析 | 
| [14:48] | And what did your analysis reveal? | 你的测试有什么发现? | 
| [14:50] | Comparing revealed those prints | 对比说明这些取样 | 
| [14:52] | to match the fingerprints of the defendant. | 和被告人的指纹吻合 | 
| [14:53] | But it is possible that Darryl picked up that board | 但是也存在Darryl随后捡起来这块 | 
| [14:56] | after it had been used by another person to murder the victim. | 被其他人用来击杀被害人的木板的可能 | 
| [15:00] | Your client’s prints | 你的客户的指纹 | 
| [15:01] | were the only prints recovered from the board. | 是在这块木板上存在的唯一指纹 | 
| [15:04] | Which would be the case | 如果实际的罪犯戴着手套 | 
| [15:04] | if the actual perpetrator wore gloves | 也会造成这种情况 | 
| [15:06] | or if he wiped his prints off | 或者他在我的客户拿起这块木板前 | 
| [15:07] | prior to my client handling the board. | 擦掉了他的指纹 | 
| [15:12] | True. | 也对 | 
| [15:16] | I didn’t shoot at him, | 我没有向他开枪 | 
| [15:18] | just to the side to scare him. | 只是在旁边吓唬他 | 
| [15:19] | For God’s sakes! Why didn’t you tell me? | 看在上帝的份上!你为什么不告诉我? | 
| [15:23] | I was afraid of how it would look. | 我害怕被看成。。。 | 
| [15:25] | You aimed the gun. | 你用枪瞄准了 | 
| [15:26] | I shot six feet. | |
| [15:27] | Why would him dead at four feet away? | |
| [15:29] | There’s no way… | |
| [15:29] | Yeah, but you lie, okay? | 是呀,但你撒谎了,是吧? | 
| [15:30] | You lie to me, you lie to them. | 你对我撒谎,对他们撒谎 | 
| [15:32] | I mean the chance of corporation… | |
| [15:33] | God! | 天呐 | 
| [15:34] | All right, all right. | 好了!好了! | 
| [15:35] | Yelling is not gonna solve anything. | 大喊大叫解决不了任何问题 | 
| [15:37] | We need to think. | 我们需要考虑一下 | 
| [15:43] | I didn’t shoot at him, and I didn’t push him. | 我没有向他开枪,我也没有推他 | 
| [15:47] | It was an accident. | 这是事故 | 
| [15:50] | Well, now what? | 好吧,现在呢? | 
| [15:54] | He is being arraigned tomorrow. | 明天他会被传讯 | 
| [15:56] | After that we dig in. | 然后我们介入 | 
| [15:59] | He’s gonna go to trial for murder. | 他会被以谋杀罪受审 | 
| [16:02] | I don’t believe this. | 我真不敢相信 | 
| [16:05] | There may be another way to go. | 也许还有另一条路 | 
| [16:07] | What? | 什么? | 
| [16:09] | I don’t want to speak too soon. | 我不想说得太早 | 
| [16:10] | I need to do a little research. | 我需要研究一下 | 
| [16:13] | But we may have him out. ** | 但是我们也许能让他出去 | 
| [16:16] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么? | 
| [16:19] | Their case is that confession, 362 00:16:19,407 –> 00:16:20,853 after he asked for his lawyer. | 他们的情况是那个坦白 是在他要求律师之后做出的 | 
| [16:20] | He confessed to his father. | 他向他的父亲坦白的 | 
| [16:22] | Who’s a cop. | 他父亲是个警察 | 
| [16:23] | He didn’t confess to him as a cop, | 他坦白时没有把他父亲当成警察 | 
| [16:25] | he was talking to his dad. | 他是和他父亲交谈 | 
| [16:27] | That would be Helen’s argument. | 那是Helen的论点 | 
| [16:28] | Doesn’t have to be ours. | 而不是我们的 | 
| [16:36] | He was always afraid of him. | 他一直很怕他 | 
| [16:38] | Your son was afraid… | 你儿子怕的是。。。 | 
| [16:40] | Of him, the defendant. | 他,被告 | 
| [16:43] | Did he say why? | 他说为什么了吗? | 
| [16:44] | Not really. Brian would just say that he was a little off. | 实际上没有说什么,Brian只是说他有一点古怪 | 
| [16:48] | And then… | 之后呢 | 
| [16:50] | Mr. Hutchins. | Hutchins先生 | 
| [16:51] | I am not off. | 我不古怪 | 
| [16:52] | Darryl. | Darryl. | 
| [16:56] | Mr. Tabbitt, did you regard your son’s fears to be serious? | Tabbitt先生,你认为你儿子的恐惧严重吗? | 
| [17:01] | Not enough. | 还不算 | 
| [17:03] | I just wish I’d done something, | 我就是希望我做了些什么 | 
| [17:07] | gone to his mad mother, | 找到他那个疯妈妈 | 
| [17:09] | checked him out. | 好好查查他 | 
| [17:10] | Objection! | 反对! | 
| [17:11] | How can someone so clearly disturbed be on the street unsupervised, | 一个如此明显的神经病怎么会在街上无人监督呢? | 
| [17:16] | how does that work? | 这是怎么搞的? | 
| [17:17] | Objection! | 反对! | 
| [17:18] | Sustained! Mr. Bay? | 反对有效!Bay先生? | 
| [17:20] | That’s all I have. | 我问完了 | 
| [17:30] | Brian’s fears, | Brian的恐惧 | 
| [17:31] | were they caused by Darryl ever doing anything to your son? | 是因为Darryl做了什么事造成的吗? | 
| [17:37] | Not that I am aware of. | 这个我不知道 | 
| [17:38] | It was mainly Brain got scared | 把Brain吓坏了的主要原因 | 
| [17:41] | because he perceived Darryl as being a little off? | 是他觉得Darryl有些古怪? | 
| [17:44] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [17:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [17:49] | And sir, I am very sorry for your loss. | 先生,我对您痛失爱子感到非常抱歉 | 
| [18:05] | So we are winning, right? Seems like we are winning. | 我们赢了,是吗?看上去我们赢了 | 
| [18:07] | I wouldn’t say that, Darryl | 我觉得这谈不上,Darryl | 
| [18:09] | I think we are. You did great, Ellenor. | 我认为是的,你做得真好,Ellenor | 
| [18:13] | Darryl, look, I need to talk to you | Darryl,嗯,我需要和你谈谈 | 
| [18:17] | a little bit more about this Kenny fellow. | 多谈一些有关这个叫Kenny的家伙 | 
| [18:19] | He’s cool. | 他挺酷的 | 
| [18:21] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [18:22] | Are you sure, absolutely sure that | 当你到房子里的时候, | 
| [18:25] | when you went into the house | 你确信,绝对确信 | 
| [18:26] | you didn’t see Kenny do anything? | 你没有看见Kenny做了些什么吗? | 
| [18:28] | I am sure, he was just leaving. | 我确信,他刚离开 | 
| [18:31] | Okay. Eddie Chesler. | 好吧,Eddie Chesler | 
| [18:34] | Yes, he is my friend. | 是的,他是我朋友 | 
| [18:35] | Yes, I know that. | 嗯,我知道 | 
| [18:36] | Eddie seems to think that you might be protecting Kenny, | Eddie似乎是认为你或许是在保护Kenny | 
| [18:39] | because… well… | 因为。。。嗯。。。 | 
| [18:42] | you think he is cool. | 你认为你很酷 | 
| [18:44] | If you are, Darryl, that wouldn’t be smart here. | 如果是这样,Darryl,你这就太傻了 | 
| [18:48] | You already told me that. | 你已经告诉过我那些了 | 
| [18:50] | But I am not sure you totally understand it. | 但是我不确定你完全理解了 | 
| [18:53] | If you saw this Kenny kid do something to that little boy… | 如果你看到Kenny这孩子对那个小孩做了些什么 | 
| [18:58] | I didn’t, I promise. | 我没有看到,我发誓 | 
| [19:02] | You think I am stupid, don’t you? | 你觉得我是个傻子,是吗? | 
| [19:05] | No, Darryl, I don’t think that. | 不,Darryl,我不那么看 | 
| [19:08] | Yes, you do. | 是的,你是 | 
| [19:15] | Look, I have to go meet Eddie coz he’s up next. | 这样吧,我必须去要见Eddie,他接下来要出庭 | 
| [19:17] | So, I want you to get some rest, | 那么,我希望你休息一下, | 
| [19:20] | and I will see you tomorrow, okay? | 我明天来看你,好吗? | 
| [19:24] | Yeah. | 好 | 
| [19:27] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [19:31] | Ellenor. | Ellenor. | 
| [19:33] | Yeah? | 嗯? | 
| [19:34] | I think we are winning. | 我觉得我们赢了 | 
| [19:47] | Okay. Tomorrow morning you’re up first, | 好吧,明天早上你第一个出庭 | 
| [19:50] | are you ready? | 准备好了? | 
| [19:50] | Ready. | 好了 | 
| [19:51] | I should just stick to the same story I told you, right? | 我应该按照我向你讲的那个情况来作证,是吧? | 
| [19:55] | Which is the truth, right? | 那个是事实,对吗? | 
| [19:58] | You heard the boy scream before Darryl went in, | 在Darryl进去之前,你听到了那个孩子的惊叫 | 
| [20:00] | and then you saw that Kenny kid come out? | 之后你看到 Kenny出来? | 
| [20:01] | Got it. | 知道了 | 
| [20:03] | Never mind “got it”. | 别说什么“知道了” | 
| [20:04] | Is that what happened or not? | 到底是不是那样? | 
| [20:06] | Look, I can only put you on the stand | 你看,如果你的证词是真实的 | 
| [20:08] | if what you testify to is the truth. | 我才能让你出庭作证 | 
| [20:11] | So what if I just tell you it’s the truth? | 那我就告诉你那是事实又怎么样? | 
| [20:13] | You don’t know otherwise for a fact | 你也不知道是不是事实 | 
| [20:15] | and you got no case without me. | 没有我你就没法办这个案子 | 
| [20:17] | This isn’t a game, Eddie. | 这可不是玩游戏,Eddie | 
| [20:19] | The rest of Darryl’s life is on the line here. | Darryl的余生危在旦夕 | 
| [20:20] | Which is why I am here. | 这就是为什么我来这里 | 
| [20:25] | What happened? Tell me. | 发生了什么?告诉我 | 
| [20:26] | It all happened, Ms. Frutt. | 都发生了,Frutt小姐 | 
| [20:28] | Darryl went in the house, Kenny went in the house, | Darryl进了房子, Kenny进了房子 | 
| [20:31] | the boy screamed. | 那孩子发出惊叫 | 
| [20:32] | I just changed the order of things. | 我只是改变了先后顺序 | 
| [20:37] | Just put me up there. | 让我出庭就行了 | 
| [20:38] | You are not taking the stand. | 你不能出庭 | 
| [20:39] | Go, just get lost. | 走吧,能走多远就走多远! | 
| [20:41] | What about Darryl? | Darryl怎么办? | 
| [20:42] | You have not helped Darryl, Eddie. | 你帮不了Darryl,Eddie | 
| [20:44] | Now get out of here, you are not testifying. | 现在离开这里,你不能作证 | 
| [21:00] | So what are you gonna do? | 那你打算怎么办? | 
| [21:02] | What can I do? | 我能做什么? | 
| [21:03] | I have to put Darryl on the stand. | 我不得不让Darryl上证人席 | 
| [21:05] | Darryl? Darryl? | |
| [21:06] | Have you got a better idea? | 你还有更好的主意吗? | 
| [21:07] | No. But he has the IQ of a 12-year-old. | 没有,但他的智商只相当于12岁 | 
| [21:11] | You’re gonna ** him against Richard Bay? | 你要让他对抗Richard Bay? | 
| [21:13] | Even match. | 不相上下 | 
| [21:14] | I have no choice. | 我没有别的选择 | 
| [21:15] | They’ve placed him at the scene, | 他们已经钉在现场了 | 
| [21:16] | his prints are all over the weapon. | 凶器上满是他的指纹 | 
| [21:18] | If he doesn’t get up and tell his story, he goes away. | 如果他不能在证人席上讲出他的故事,他就完了 | 
| [21:20] | You can still put Eddie back on the stand? | 你还能让Eddie作证吗? | 
| [21:22] | Knowing he is gonna lie? | 知道他要撒谎? | 
| [21:23] | No, we can’t do that, Lucy. | 不,我们不能那样做,Lucy | 
| [21:26] | I am open for suggestions, Anybody? | 我公开征求建议,有人提吗? | 
| [21:30] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 | 
| [21:33] | Case No. 42643. Commonwealth versus Scott Lopes. | 案件号42643,联邦指控Scott Lopes | 
| [21:37] | Bobby Donnell for defendant, Your Honour, | Bobby Donnell进行辩护,法官大人 | 
| [21:38] | waive reading, ask for personal recognizance. | 放弃宣读权利,申请保释 | 
| [21:40] | Murder two. | 二级谋杀 | 
| [21:41] | No flight risk, this was accidental. | 无潜逃风险,偶发事故 | 
| [21:43] | Murder two, the Commonwealth deposes bail. | 二级谋杀指控,联邦检控不同意保释 | 
| [21:45] | Bail is denied. | 驳回保释 | 
| [21:46] | The defence moves to suppress my client’s confession. | 辩方要求排除被告供词 | 
| [21:49] | Sixth amendment ground. | 第六修正案 | 
| [21:50] | He asked for his lawyer and was denied. | 被告要求律师的要求被拒绝 | 
| [21:52] | The confession was made to his own father… | 供词是其父。。。 | 
| [21:54] | My client’s father is a police officer | 我的客户的父亲是一名警察 | 
| [21:55] | who went into interrogate | 他介入审讯 | 
| [21:57] | and since Scott Lopes is his son… | 因为Scott Lopes是他的儿子。。。 | 
| [21:58] | Bobby, you gotta be kidding. | Bobby,你是开玩笑吧 | 
| [21:59] | He asked for his lawyer, they sent in a police officer. | 他要求见他的律师,他们却派过去一个警官 | 
| [22:02] | Boddy, even for you. | Bobby,太过分了 | 
| [22:03] | Helen, even for you. | Helen,即使是对你 | 
| [22:05] | All right, what’s going on? | 好了,怎么回事? | 
| [22:08] | It’s exactly what I said. | 就是我刚才说的那样 | 
| [22:09] | Detective Lopes entered that room | Lopes警探是作为一个父亲 | 
| [22:11] | as a father, not a police officer. | 而不是以警官的身份进入审讯室的 | 
| [22:13] | There is no state action here. | 那里没有政府行为 | 
| [22:14] | And I disagree. | 我不同意 | 
| [22:15] | Mr. Donnell, you are suggesting that | Donnell先生,你是暗示 | 
| [22:17] | Detective Lopes assume the role of a police officer | 当Lopes警探和他儿子谈话的时候, | 
| [22:20] | when talking to his own son? | 是承担着警察的角色 | 
| [22:21] | I request a short evidentially hearing, Your Honor, | 我要求召集一个简短听证会,法官大人 | 
| [22:23] | I’d like to call Detective Michael McGuire to the stand. | 我要传唤Michael McGuire警探出席 | 
| [22:25] | What are you trying to scam now? | 你现在要耍什么花招? | 
| [22:27] | I objected to that, | 我反对你这么说 | 
| [22:28] | but as long as you’re throwing words like scam around… | 但既然你把诡计这个词喊来喊去的话。。。 | 
| [22:30] | We are not. | 这不是 | 
| [22:31] | The detective will take the stand at 11:00 | 这个警探将在11:00出席听证会 | 
| [22:34] | You’re joking. | 你是闹着玩的吧 | 
| [22:38] | Next case. | 下一个案子 | 
| [22:43] | Well, I walked up to the house | 我走向那幢房子 | 
| [22:44] | coz that’s where a lot of us go, you know. | 你知道,因为我们经常去 | 
| [22:46] | Why is that? | 为什么会那样? | 
| [22:47] | coz nobody going up stair. | 因为没有人上楼 | 
| [22:48] | And when you went to the house on this day, Darryl, | Darryl,当你这天去那里的时候, | 
| [22:50] | what did you see? | 你看到了什么? | 
| [22:51] | I saw my friend Kenny Saden. | 我看到了我的朋友Kenny Saden | 
| [22:53] | He lives around there. | 他在那附近住 | 
| [22:55] | And was he doing anything? | 他在做什么? | 
| [22:57] | Just smoking a cigarette, then he left. | 抽烟,然后就走了 | 
| [23:00] | What happened then? | 之后发生了什么? | 
| [23:01] | Well, then I was going to leave, | 嗯,之后我也打算离开 | 
| [23:03] | because no one was there. | 因为那里没人了 | 
| [23:05] | But I had to use the bathroom. | 但是,我要上卫生间 | 
| [23:08] | But when I went over by the stairs, that’s when I saw him. | 但当我走过楼梯时,我看见了他 | 
| [23:13] | Who? | 谁? | 
| [23:14] | Brian Tabbitt. | Brian Tabbitt | 
| [23:16] | He was dead. | 他死了 | 
| [23:18] | There was blood everywhere. | 到处都是血 | 
| [23:19] | What did you do? | 你做什么了? | 
| [23:21] | Well, I poked him a little as first | 嗯,我先是捅了他一下 | 
| [23:23] | to see if he’s still alive, but he wasn’t. | 想看看他是不是还活着,但他死了 | 
| [23:27] | There was a big piece of wood on his head and I lifted it off. | 他头上有一大块木板,我把它拿开 | 
| [23:34] | Was it this piece of wood here? | 是这块吗? | 
| [23:36] | Yes, I think that’s it. | 是,我想是的 | 
| [23:39] | Darryl, you go to a special school, am I right? | Darryl,你上的是一所特殊的学校,我说的对吗? | 
| [23:43] | I am not stupid. | 我不是傻子 | 
| [23:44] | No, no you are not. | 不,你不是 | 
| [23:46] | You go to a special school because you’re behind the other kids. | 你比别的孩子落后一些,所以你上的是特殊学校 | 
| [23:49] | Right. | 对 | 
| [23:50] | But you do understand sitting in this chair under oath | 但你确实明白发过誓后坐在这张椅子上 | 
| [23:54] | it’s important that you tell the truth. | 重要的是要讲实话 | 
| [23:56] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [23:57] | Are you telling the truth now? | 你现在讲的是实话吗? | 
| [23:59] | Yes, I am. | 是的,我是 | 
| [24:01] | I didn’t kill that boy, | 我没有杀那个男孩 | 
| [24:03] | I found him like that. | 我发现他时就那样 | 
| [24:06] | But you didn’t report it to the police. | 但是你没有报警 | 
| [24:08] | I told other people. | 我告诉别人了 | 
| [24:10] | Yes, you seem to go around celebrating it. | 是的,你似乎是到处在庆祝这事 | 
| [24:12] | Objection! Foundation! | 反对!没有根据! | 
| [24:13] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [24:15] | Why didn’t you tell the police? | 你为什么不报警? | 
| [24:17] | I told everybody I saw. | 我见到谁都告诉 | 
| [24:19] | If I have seem a policeman, I would have told him too. | 如果我看到一个警察,我也会告诉他的 | 
| [24:25] | Ever have any arguments with Brian Tabbitt, Darryl? | 你和Brian Tabbitt吵过架吗?Darryl? | 
| [24:28] | Once in a while. | 偶尔 | 
| [24:29] | Was he a friend? | 他是你朋友吗? | 
| [24:31] | Not really, he’s only eight. | 不算是,他才8岁 | 
| [24:34] | Did he and some of the other young kids tease you? | 他和其他一些小孩子取笑你吗? | 
| [24:37] | Sometimes. | 有时候是 | 
| [24:39] | Did he call you a retard? | 他叫你弱智吗? | 
| [24:41] | Sometimes, but I am not a retard. | 有时候是,但我不是弱智 | 
| [24:44] | Did you ever tell him | 你曾经告诉他 | 
| [24:45] | he’d be sorry one day for calling you a retard? | 他早晚有一天会因为叫你弱智而后悔吗? | 
| [24:48] | But I didn’t kill him. | 但是我没有杀他 | 
| [24:50] | Did you hit him? | 你打他了吗? | 
| [24:51] | No. | 没有 | 
| [24:52] | Did he call you a retard when you walked in that house that day? | 当天你走进那幢房子时,他叫你弱智了吗? | 
| [24:55] | No, he was already dead. | 没有,他那时候已经死了 | 
| [25:01] | Nothing further. | 没其他问题了 | 
| [25:04] | Mr. Hutchins, you may go back to your table now. | Hutchins先生,你现在可以回到你的座位上了 | 
| [25:09] | Ms. Frutt. | Frutt小姐 | 
| [25:10] | The defence rest, your honor. | 辩方举证结束,法官大人 | 
| [25:12] | Mr. Bay. | Bay先生 | 
| [25:16] | One rebuttal witness, Your Honour. | 有一个反驳证人,法官大人 | 
| [25:18] | The Commonwealth calls Eddie Chesler. | 联邦检控传唤Eddie Chesler | 
| [25:25] | Sidebar. | 请求上前 | 
| [25:30] | He’s properly ** a witness. | 他是一个合格的证人 | 
| [25:32] | This is a liar looking for attention. | 这是一个寻求关注的说谎家伙 | 
| [25:34] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的? | 
| [25:35] | Because he was gonna lie to help Darryl. | 因为他打算编造谎言去帮Darryl | 
| [25:37] | And as soon as I found out this story was a fabrication | 我一发现他的故事是编造的时候 | 
| [25:39] | I properly excused him as a witness. | 我就没有让他出庭作证 | 
| [25:41] | And now he’s looking for his 15 minutes fame with you. | 而现在,他靠着你来过这15分钟的瘾 | 
| [25:43] | He didn’t come to me, Ellenor, | 他没来找我,Ellenor | 
| [25:45] | I went to him. | 我找的他 | 
| [25:46] | I saw your little disagreement in the court | 我看到你们在法庭上有点分歧 | 
| [25:49] | and I figured whatever he had to say didn’t help you | 于是我想不管他说什么都帮不了你 | 
| [25:51] | I thought it would help me, and I was right. | 我认为他能帮到我,我想对了 | 
| [25:53] | This witness is unreliable, | 这个证人不可信 | 
| [25:54] | his testimony could be prejudicial. | 他的证词会有偏见 | 
| [25:56] | So, cross him on what he told you. | 那么,对他交叉盘问好了 | 
| [25:58] | Was anyone else present for your conversation? | 还有别人参与你们的谈话吗? | 
| [26:00] | No. | 没有 | 
| [26:01] | Well then, shame on you. | 好吧,你该感到惭愧 | 
| [26:03] | Never interview a witness alone, this is what you get. | 不要单独访谈证人,这是你要记住的教训 | 
| [26:06] | Thank you, Your Honour, | 谢谢你,法官大人 | 
| [26:07] | I was so hoping for a lesson. | 我真是太希望上一课了 | 
| [26:11] | At the point, he asked to see his lawyer. | 在那时,他要求律师在场 | 
| [26:14] | And then what happened? | 之后发生了什么? | 
| [26:15] | We stopped the interrogation. | 我们停止讯问 | 
| [26:16] | Then since his father was a colleague | 因为他父亲是我们一个同事 | 
| [26:18] | out of courtesy, we gave him a call. | 处于礼貌,我们给他打了电话 | 
| [26:20] | And then? | 之后呢? | 
| [26:21] | His father came down, went in to talk to his son, | 他父亲下来,去和他儿子谈话 | 
| [26:24] | then when Frank emerged | 随后当Frank出来时 | 
| [26:25] | he said that his son was ready to make a statement. | 他说他儿子准备要做陈述 | 
| [26:27] | Detective, did Scott Lopes asked to see his father? | 警探, Scott Lopes要求见他的父亲了吗? | 
| [26:31] | Actually no. He just asked to see his lawyer. | 实际上没有,他只是说要见律师 | 
| [26:33] | Whose idea was it to call Detective Lopes? | 找他父亲来,是谁的主意? | 
| [26:36] | Helen Gamble’s. | Helen Gamble的 | 
| [26:37] | Your Honour, at this point, I’d like to call Helen Gamble. | 法官大人,就此,我要传唤Helen Gamble | 
| [26:39] | I am the prosecuting DA. | 我是公诉检查官 | 
| [26:40] | This is just an evidential hearing. | 这只是一个证据听证会 | 
| [26:42] | So what? I am the DA of record. I can’t… | 那又怎么样?我是本案的公诉人,我不能。。。 | 
| [26:44] | Then maybe you shouldn’t be. | 也许之后你做不成了 | 
| [26:46] | What the hell are you up to now? | 你到底在搞什么鬼? | 
| [26:48] | Your Honour. | 法官大人 | 
| [26:48] | Ms. Gamble, please take the stand. | Gamble小姐,请坐到证人席上 | 
| [26:55] | And as I was walking, | 当我走到 | 
| [26:56] | I was maybe 30 yards away from the house, | 离那幢房子大概30码的时候 | 
| [26:59] | I saw Darryl. | 我看见了Darryl | 
| [27:00] | The defendant. | 被告吗? | 
| [27:01] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [27:02] | And can you tell the court what you observed next, Mr. Chesler. | Chesler先生,你能告诉法庭之后你看到了什么吗? | 
| [27:06] | Er, excuse me. Before you do, | 呃,等一下,在你作证前 | 
| [27:08] | we should establish, you are here under subpoena, | 我们应该确认一下,你是接到传唤到这里的 | 
| [27:11] | aren’t you, Mr. Chesler? | 对吗?Chesler先生? | 
| [27:13] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [27:14] | You’re in fact a friend of the defendant, are you not? | 实际上你是被告的朋友,你不是吗? | 
| [27:17] | I like the guy, yeah, he is a good kid. | 我喜欢这家伙,他还不错 | 
| [27:20] | In fact you were prepared to lie to help him, weren’t you? | 实际上你是想撒个谎帮他,不是吗? | 
| [27:24] | I want to help him, I admit that. | 我承认我是想帮助他 | 
| [27:26] | You don’t have any motive to hurt him. | 你没有任何动机去伤害他 | 
| [27:28] | No, I don’t. | 是的,我没有 | 
| [27:31] | Okay, continue. | 好了,继续 | 
| [27:33] | Could you tell us what happened next? | 你能告诉我们接下来发生了什么? | 
| [27:38] | Well, I see Darryl moving towards the house, | 可以,我看见Darryl正走向那幢房子 | 
| [27:42] | then all of a sudden | 然后突如其来地 | 
| [27:43] | I heard this awful screaming coming from inside the house. | 我听见从房子里传出来非常可怕的惊叫声 | 
| [27:48] | You heard the scream after Darryl went in? | 你在Darryl进屋后听到的吗? | 
| [27:52] | No, no, before he went in. | 不,不是,在他进去之前 | 
| [27:55] | Darryl was still outside, | Darryl还在外面 | 
| [27:57] | he went in after I heard the screaming. | 在我听到尖叫声之后,他才进去 | 
| [27:59] | Mr. Chesler, did you not tell me earlier | Chesler先生,之前你不是说 | 
| [28:04] | you heard the screaming after Darryl Hutchins entered the dwell? | 你在Darryl Hutchins进屋之后才听到尖叫声的吗? | 
| [28:10] | Yes, I told you that, | 是的,我是那样告诉你的 | 
| [28:12] | but that’s not what happened. | 但其实不是那样的 | 
| [28:13] | The screaming came before Darryl went in. | 尖叫声是在Darryl进去前 | 
| [28:16] | Mr. Chesler, why did you tell Mr. Bay otherwise? | Chesler先生,为什么你对Bay先生说的是另一套? | 
| [28:19] | coz I knew he wouldn’t put me up here | 因为我知道他不会让我出庭的 | 
| [28:21] | if I was gonna tell the truth. | 如果我告诉他事实的话 | 
| [28:23] | Objection! Move to strike. | 反对,请求排除证词 | 
| [28:24] | And I thought the truth had to come out | 我想事实必须要呈现 | 
| [28:26] | however I could get to say it. | 不管怎么样我也要说出来 | 
| [28:27] | I’ve been tricked. | 我被骗了! | 
| [28:28] | This is a sneaky, | 这是卑鄙的 | 
| [28:30] | sleazy, disgusting trick. | 肮脏的,令人恶心的骗局 | 
| [28:32] | I am just saying what really happened. | 我只是说了真实情况 | 
| [28:40] | Anything else, Mr. Bay? | Bay先生,还有别的事吗? | 
| [28:46] | No. | 没有 | 
| [28:47] | Ms. Frutt. | Frutt女士 | 
| [28:50] | Nothing, Your Honour. | 没有,法官大人 | 
| [28:52] | The witness may step down. | 证人可以退下了 | 
| [29:02] | Mr. Bay, anything else? | Bay先生,还有别的证人吗? | 
| [29:08] | Mr. Bay. | Bay先生? | 
| [29:13] | We adjourn until after lunch, | 休庭到午饭后 | 
| [29:15] | and then we will hear closing arguments. | 然后我们进行结案陈词 | 
| [29:20] | That went well, right? | 情况不错,是吧 | 
| [29:22] | That went very well. | 的确不错 | 
| [29:26] | It was a courtesy. | 这是出于礼貌的 | 
| [29:27] | I’ve known Frank Lopes for nine years. | 我认识Frank Lopes有九年了 | 
| [29:29] | He’s a friend? | 他是一个朋友? | 
| [29:30] | Yes, he is. | 是的,他是 | 
| [29:31] | Known him to be an honest cop? | 他是一个诚实的警官? | 
| [29:33] | Very. | 非常诚实 | 
| [29:34] | Straight shooter? | 坦白正直的人? | 
| [29:35] | He shoots straighter than his son, I guess. | 我想,他比他儿子更加坦白正直 | 
| [29:37] | And if his son told him the truth, | 如果他儿子告诉他事实 | 
| [29:40] | knowing Frank Lopes the way you do, | 以你对Frank Lopes的了解 | 
| [29:42] | what do you think he would do with the information? | 你认为他会怎么处理那些陈诉? | 
| [29:44] | I didn’t think about it. | 我没有想这些 | 
| [29:45] | You didn’t think about it. | 你没有想 | 
| [29:46] | No, I didn’t, counsel, | 是的,我没有,律师 | 
| [29:48] | I was just letting a father visit his son. | 我只是让一个父亲去看他儿子 | 
| [29:51] | Well, you didn’t let the father visit the son | 好吧,在警察询问他之前, | 
| [29:54] | before the police questioned him, | 你没有让这个父亲去看他儿子 | 
| [29:56] | only after the boy asked for his lawyer, | 而仅仅是在这孩子要求见律师之后 | 
| [29:57] | only after you didn’t get anywhere, | 在你什么供词也没有得到之后 | 
| [29:59] | then you call for the dad. | 这时你打电话给他爸爸 | 
| [30:01] | You sent for the father to get a confession | 你派这父亲去取得 | 
| [30:03] | you couldn’t get, didn’t you? | 你得不到的口供,不是吗? | 
| [30:04] | No, I did not. | 不,我没有 | 
| [30:05] | You are under oath, Helen. | 你发过誓,Helen | 
| [30:07] | I know my oath, Eugene. | 我知道我发过誓,Eugene | 
| [30:08] | It is your testimony | 你的证词是不是说 | 
| [30:10] | that when you called for Scott Lopes’s father, | 当你打电话给Scott Lopes的父亲时, | 
| [30:12] | you did not do it for the purpose of facilitating a confess | 你不是出于获取供认的目的? | 
| [30:16] | That’s my testimony. | 这是我的证词 | 
| [30:17] | coz you would never take advantage | 因为你从来不想那样利用朋友 | 
| [30:20] | of a friend that way, would you Helen? | Helen,是吗? | 
| [30:22] | It seems argumentative. | 这看起来是争议性问题 | 
| [30:23] | Am I allowed to objection from the chair, Your Honour? | 我能被允许在这个位置上提出反对吗?法官大人? | 
| [30:26] | The objection is sustained. | 这个反对是有效的 | 
| [30:27] | Ask questions, counsel. | 接着问问题,律师 | 
| [30:29] | Here is the question: | 这里有个问题: | 
| [30:31] | as a friend, why didn’t you have a lawyer present | 作为一个朋友,为什么你没有在 Scott Lopes | 
| [30:34] | before getting the statement from Scott Lopes? | 发表陈述前,找一个律师来? | 
| [30:36] | Wouldn’t a friend say | 难道朋友没有说, | 
| [30:38] | “Hey, you might wanna wait for a lawyer.” | “嘿,你应该等一下律师?” | 
| [30:41] | Objestion! Speculation. | 反对!猜测性问题 | 
| [30:42] | Truth is Lopes felt they were getting legal help, | 事实是Lopes感到他们从朋友那里获得了合法的帮助 | 
| [30:45] | didn’t they Helen, from a friend. | 他们不是吗?Helen | 
| [30:46] | Objestiion! Argumentative. | 反对!辩论性问题 | 
| [30:47] | Tough happen to be both a witness and a DA here, isn’t it? | 这里既有目击证人,也有检察官在场,不是吗? | 
| [30:50] | Tough playing a duel role, Helen? | 很难扮演双重角色,对吗?Helen? | 
| [30:51] | Objection! Badgering. | 反对!纠缠性问题 | 
| [30:53] | But you weren’t playing a duel role the other day. | 但是你不能扮演双重角色 | 
| [30:55] | You were just a DA. | 你只是一个检察官 | 
| [30:56] | You sent that man to get admission… | 你把那人派进去套口供。。。 | 
| [30:58] | Objection! Badgering. | 反对!纠缠性问题 | 
| [30:59] | Are you gonna rule or not? | 你到底守不守规矩? | 
| [31:02] | Move alone, Mr. Young. | 一边去吧,Young先生 | 
| [31:03] | I think I am done, Your Honour, | 我想我问完了,法官大人 | 
| [31:05] | I don’t have any questions all at. | 我没有别的问题了 | 
| [31:09] | Not anymore. | 再没有了 | 
| [31:19] | I don’t question if Frank Lopes went into that room | 我对Frank Lopes是作为一个父亲而不是警察 | 
| [31:21] | as a father, not as a cop. | 走进那间房间是没有疑问的。 | 
| [31:22] | Then what’s the issue? | 那么问题是? | 
| [31:23] | The issue is he was used unwilling by the District Attorney. | 问题在于,他不情愿地被地检律师利用了 | 
| [31:26] | She called him to get a confession. | 她打电话把他叫来去获取供词 | 
| [31:28] | Regardless of what was in Frank Lopes’mind, | 不管Frank Lopes心里怎么想 | 
| [31:30] | Helen Gamble’s thinking was | Helen Gamble想的是 | 
| [31:32] | let’s use the father to get the information | 让我们利用父亲去获取信息 | 
| [31:34] | knowing the father, a good straight cop, would turn it over. | 都知道这个父亲,正直善良的警察,可以交给他来办 | 
| [31:37] | So you are a mind reader now. | 所以你现在变成一个读心大师了 | 
| [31:38] | Well, Ms. Gamble, if professional courtesy was the goal, | 好了,Gamble女士,如果目的是出于专业性礼貌 | 
| [31:41] | why did you not call the father | 为什么你不在警察询问之前 | 
| [31:42] | before you hit the wall with the police interrogation? | 给他父亲打电话? | 
| [31:44] | The police interrogation had started before I got there. | 在我到达那里之前,警方审讯已经开始了。 | 
| [31:47] | Scott Lopes asked for his lawyer, | Scott Lopes要求见律师 | 
| [31:49] | by law, all questioning must stop. | 依照法律规定,任何讯问必须停止 | 
| [31:52] | And all questioning did stop. | 所有讯问确实停止了 | 
| [31:54] | It was his father. | 那是他父亲 | 
| [31:55] | And on cases with the father was also a cop, | 不巧的是这次他父亲也是个警察 | 
| [31:57] | the courts look to the totality of circumstances | 法院着眼于所有的情况。 | 
| [32:00] | to determine was this statement given voluntarily. | 去判定是否属于自愿陈述 | 
| [32:04] | Here it was and everyone knows it. | 它是,所有人都知道这点 | 
| [32:12] | You wanna call me as a witness? | 你要传唤我出庭做证人? | 
| [32:14] | I know what he told you. | 我知道他对你说了什么 | 
| [32:15] | You can verify that his testimony was a total fabrication. | 你可以证实他的证词完全是捏造的 | 
| [32:18] | Are you on drugs? | 你吃错药了吗? | 
| [32:19] | As a matter of fact, I am. | 实际上是的,我是 | 
| [32:20] | I have been pounding Aspirin for three hours. | 我已经连续吃了三个小时的阿司匹林了 | 
| [32:22] | Mr. Bay… | Bay先生。。。 | 
| [32:23] | Your Honour, Eddie Chesler just proffered false testimony, | 法官大人,Eddie Chesler做了伪证 | 
| [32:27] | she knows it. | 你知道的 | 
| [32:28] | You can’t call me to testify against the interest of my client. | 你不能让我作不利于我客户的证词 | 
| [32:32] | I believe I can in the interest of justice. | 为了公正的利益,我相信我可以 | 
| [32:34] | You can excuse yourself… | 你可以原谅你自己。。。 | 
| [32:36] | Oh, come on. | 噢,得了吧! | 
| [32:37] | Look, what happened here? | 看吧,这怎么了? | 
| [32:38] | I have to admit this all thing is very strange. | 我不得不承认所有这些都太奇怪了 | 
| [32:41] | The guy flipped on me | 这家伙跑到我这里 | 
| [32:42] | then he flipped on Richard anything | 然后又不知道怎么了跑到Richard那里 | 
| [32:44] | to get into the witness chair. | 做到了证人席里 | 
| [32:46] | You didn’t orchestrate this, did you? | 这不是你精心策划的,是吗? | 
| [32:48] | I am sorry? | 你说什么? | 
| [32:49] | Oh, how ingenious, | 噢,多巧妙呀 | 
| [32:51] | get the prosecution to call him, | 让控方去传唤他 | 
| [32:52] | that way his testimony becomes a total bomb shell. | 那样,他的证词就完全变成了一颗炸弹 | 
| [32:55] | Hey I am the one who excused his testimony | 嘿,我才是那个当知道他要撒谎 | 
| [32:57] | when I knew he was gonna lie. | 而不让他去作证的人 | 
| [32:59] | Which goes totally against your character. | 那完全不符合你的性格 | 
| [33:00] | Oh, I should have known something was up | 噢,当你表现得道貌岸然的那一刻 | 
| [33:02] | the minute you started acting ethically. | 我就应该料到会发生什么事 | 
| [33:04] | Have another Aspirin. | 你再来一片阿司匹林吧 | 
| [33:05] | Your Honour, she has information, | 法官大人,她了解情况 | 
| [33:07] | she is a witness. | 她是一个证人 | 
| [33:12] | I’m sorry, Mr. Bay, | 抱歉,Bay先生 | 
| [33:13] | I am not going to allow the prosecution | 我不打算允许控方 | 
| [33:16] | to call defence counsel to impeach a state witness. | 传唤辩方律师去质疑一个控方证人 | 
| [33:20] | You got a bad bounce, | 你这次没蹦�Q好 | 
| [33:22] | you will just have to deal with it. | 你将不得不应付这个 | 
| [33:24] | It’s ** | 真狗屎 | 
| [33:25] | Excuse me. | 你说什么 | 
| [33:26] | This is a total ** | 这完全是狗屎 | 
| [33:28] | Oh that argument, you will definitely wanna save for appeal. | 噢,那个观点,你还是留着上诉的时候用吧 | 
| [33:31] | For now, let’s go. | 至于现在,我们回到庭上吧 | 
| [33:37] | No eye witnesses. | 没有目击证人 | 
| [33:39] | Their entire case is fingerprints, | 这案子(的证据)只有指纹 | 
| [33:42] | and you heard Darryl Hutchins tells you | 你们也听到了Darryl Hutchins告诉你们 | 
| [33:45] | how those fingerprints got there. | 他的指纹是如何留在那里的 | 
| [33:47] | He picked up the piece of wood. | 他拣起了那块木板 | 
| [33:49] | Stupid thing to do? Of course. | 真够蠢的?当然是 | 
| [33:52] | But Darryl is a little slower than the rest of us. | 但是,Darryl的脑子要比我们其他人不好使一些 | 
| [33:57] | And he just happened to walk into that house | 他正好走进那所房子 | 
| [33:59] | at the wrong time. | 在错误的时间 | 
| [34:01] | And you heard Eddy Chesler’s testimony. | 你们也听到了Eddy Chesler的证词 | 
| [34:04] | He said he heard the scream | 他说他在Darryl走进房子之前 | 
| [34:06] | before Darryl went into that building. | 就听到了惊叫声 | 
| [34:08] | Before he went in. | 在他进去之前 | 
| [34:11] | And what about this Kenny Sadun? | 那么Kenny Sadun呢 | 
| [34:14] | Why wasn’t he called? | 他为什么没有被传唤? | 
| [34:15] | Why wasn’t he put on the stand to say | 为什么他没有传唤作证说: | 
| [34:18] | that Brian Tabbitt was still alive | 当他离开房子的时候, | 
| [34:20] | when he left the building? | Brian Tabbitt还活着? | 
| [34:21] | There is reasonable doubt everywhere you turn on this one. | 在这个问题上到处都存在着合理怀疑 | 
| [34:25] | Eddy Chesler is a liar | Eddy Chesler是个撒谎者 | 
| [34:27] | who tricked his way onto the stand | 为了帮助他的朋友 | 
| [34:29] | in order to help his friend. | 他靠欺骗坐上了证人席 | 
| [34:30] | The defence couldn’t call him | 辩方不能传唤他 | 
| [34:32] | since they knew him to be a liar. | 因为他们知道他是个撒谎者 | 
| [34:34] | Objection! | 反对 | 
| [34:35] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [34:39] | You know, it is easy to fall into a trap | 你们知道,很容易落入 | 
| [34:44] | of looking at trials with a score card. | 那种用比分牌来看待一场庭审的圈套 | 
| [34:48] | Who build up the most points, | 谁得分多 | 
| [34:50] | who won the day, who lost; | 谁今天赢了,谁输了 | 
| [34:53] | Like it’s a game. | 就像一场游戏 | 
| [34:55] | As I stood here in this room yesterday, | 当我昨天站在这里 | 
| [34:58] | egg all over my face, | 我脸上满是鸡蛋 | 
| [35:01] | I am sure I looked every bit the loser I felt I was. | 我确信我看起来完全是失败者 | 
| [35:05] | Imagine my embarrassment being surprised by my own witness. | 想象一下我被我自己的证人吓了一跳的尴尬 | 
| [35:10] | But this isn’t a game, ladies and gentlemen. | 但是,这不是一场游戏,女士们先生们 | 
| [35:13] | You don’t go back to that room | 你们不能回到陪审员房间 | 
| [35:15] | and decide who wrecked up the most points. | 去判断谁丢分最多 | 
| [35:18] | The question is who killed Brian Tabbitt. | 问题是谁杀了Brian Tabbitt | 
| [35:22] | Other than the untruthful testimony of Eddie Chesler, | 除了Eddie Chesler的虚假证词 | 
| [35:25] | the evidence, all of it, points to Darryl Hutchins. | 所有的证据,都指向Darryl Hutchins | 
| [35:30] | He threatened the boy, | 他威胁那个男孩 | 
| [35:32] | he was alone with him in the house, | 他单独和被害人在那幢房子里 | 
| [35:34] | when Mr. Hutchins left, | 当Hutchins先生离开 | 
| [35:35] | Brian Tabbitt was dead | Brian Tabbitt已经死了 | 
| [35:37] | with the defendant’s fingerprints all over the weapon. | 被告的指纹布满了凶器 | 
| [35:42] | For once, let’s not look at this as a game, | 这一次,让我们不要把这当成一场游戏 | 
| [35:46] | let’s hold the killer responsible. | 让我们追究凶手的责任 | 
| [35:52] | We’ve had parents extract confessions before. | 我们以前就有通过双亲获取供认的方法 | 
| [35:55] | The test has always been | 这种试验一直存在 | 
| [35:57] | was the parent acting as a parent | 双亲是作为双亲的角色 | 
| [35:59] | or rather as an agent of the state, | 还是作为政府的代理角色 | 
| [36:01] | when speaking with his or her arrested child. | 去和他或者她被逮捕的孩子谈话 | 
| [36:03] | Nobody here seems to be doubt | 似乎这里没有人去质疑过 | 
| [36:05] | detective Lopes went into that room as a father, | Lopes警探作为一个父亲走进那个房间 | 
| [36:08] | not a police officer. | 而不是一个警官 | 
| [36:10] | But to me the question doesn’t end there. | 但是就我看,问题并没有结束 | 
| [36:14] | Anything designed to elicit an incriminating respond | 任何有计划的去探查犯罪可能的行为 | 
| [36:18] | by definition is interrogation. | 按照定义就是审讯 | 
| [36:22] | Therefor, Ms. Gamble, | 因此,gamble小姐 | 
| [36:25] | if you sent the father into that room | 如果你让那个父亲进入审讯时 | 
| [36:26] | as part of the design to collect information, | 作为收集信息计划的一部分 | 
| [36:28] | the court holds that to be an interrogation, | 法庭认为那是审问 | 
| [36:31] | even if the father was an unwitting participant. | 即便这父亲是一个不知情的参与者 | 
| [36:36] | The question here is what was in your mind. | 这里的问题是你脑子里想的是什么? | 
| [36:42] | Only you know. | 只有你自己知道 | 
| [36:44] | The court, however, | 然而,法庭 | 
| [36:46] | is allowed to take note to your competitive reputation, | |
| [36:48] | the court also takes note | 法庭也注意到 | 
| [36:51] | that detective Lopes never would have entered that room | 除非你让他进到那个房间去 | 
| [36:53] | unless you sent for him. | 否则Lopes警探永远也不会进去的 | 
| [36:55] | And since you sent for him | 鉴于你在警察询问无效后 | 
| [36:56] | after you struck out with the police interrogation, | 让他进入审讯室 | 
| [37:00] | and since the defendant had invoked his right to counsel, | 而且鉴于被告已经援引了他的要求律师权利 | 
| [37:03] | I smell a foul ball. | 我察觉这是犯规 | 
| [37:08] | The confession is suppressed. | 供认被排除 | 
| [37:10] | The gun and the bullet are deemed | 枪和子弹杯认定为 | 
| [37:12] | fruits of the poisonous tree and similarly suppressed. | “毒树之果”,予以排除 | 
| [37:14] | In the absence of this evidence | 在没有证据的情况下 | 
| [37:16] | I find no cause to hold the defendant, | 我找不到拘押被告的理由 | 
| [37:18] | he is therefore free to go. | 他因此被当庭释放 | 
| [37:20] | Adjourned. | 休庭 | 
| [37:25] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢谢你,谢谢 | 
| [37:27] | I have to admit I hated what you guys to do, | 我必须承认我讨厌你们那帮人做的事 | 
| [37:29] | but I love it today. | 但今天我喜欢 | 
| [37:33] | Would Your Honour have a big long stick handy, preferable barbed? | 法官大人,你有那种又长又大的,最好是带刺的棒子吗? | 
| [37:37] | I am sorry? | 什么? | 
| [37:39] | I’d like to bend over and had it run up my ass | 我宁愿撅着屁股让它捅, | 
| [37:41] | to complete the experience of appearing before you. | 也不愿再经历一次在你面前出庭 | 
| [37:46] | I will let that go counsel, once. | 我会让这事过去算了,律师,就这一次 | 
| [37:55] | I won’t let it go, Helen. | 我跟你没完,Helen | 
| [37:56] | You sent me in there to do your work, with my own son. | 你让我去帮你做事,针对我自己的儿子 | 
| [38:01] | Come on, Frank. Come on. | 走吧,Frank,算了吧 | 
| [38:10] | Will the defendant please rise. | 请被告起立 | 
| [38:14] | What say you? | 你们的裁决是? | 
| [38:15] | On the charge of murder in the first degree, | 针对一级谋杀的指控 | 
| [38:18] | we find the defendant, Darryl Hutchins, | 我们裁定被告Darryl Hutchins | 
| [38:21] | not guilty. | 无罪 | 
| [38:23] | On the charge of murder in the second degree, | 针对二级谋杀的指控 | 
| [38:26] | we find the defendant, Darryl Hutchins | 我们裁定被告Darryl Hutchins | 
| [38:30] | not guilty. | 无罪 | 
| [38:32] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 | 
| [38:35] | The defendant is free to go. | 被告当庭释放 | 
| [38:37] | Members of the jury, you are dismissed with the court’s thanks. | 陪审团成员们,法庭感谢你们,你们可以解散了 | 
| [38:40] | We are adjourned. | 休庭 | 
| [38:41] | You did it, Ellenor, you did it. | 你做到了,Ellenor,你做到了 | 
| [38:44] | I think you can thank your friend Eddie. | 我想你要感谢你的朋友Eddie | 
| [38:46] | He helped too. | 他也出了力 | 
| [38:50] | It was my idea, you know. | 这是我的主意,你知道 | 
| [38:53] | I am sorry. | 什么? | 
| [38:55] | I knew if he testify for me | 我知道如果他为我作证, | 
| [38:56] | the jury would only like, half believe him, | 陪审团会半信半疑 | 
| [38:59] | but if he was a prosecution witness… | 但是如果他是控方证人。。。 | 
| [39:02] | You told him to do that? | 你让他这么做的? | 
| [39:05] | I told you I wasn’t stupid; | 我跟你说过我不傻 | 
| [39:08] | I told you I wasn’t a retard. | 我跟你说过我不是弱智 | 
| [39:11] | No, you are not, Darryl. | 不,你不是,Darryl | 
| [39:16] | I am going to see my grandmother, | 我要去看我祖母了 | 
| [39:18] | coz I know she misses me. | 我知道她想我 | 
| [39:46] | I wanna quit. | 我不想干了 | 
| [39:48] | You can’t quit. | 你不能放弃 | 
| [39:50] | I need you to talk me out of quitting. | 我还需要你劝我不要辞职呢 | 
| [39:55] | Why is it getting so hard to get convictions these days? | 这些天要赢一场庭审为什么这么难? | 
| [39:58] | Because people are becoming more distrustful of the police, | 因为人们越来越不信任警察 | 
| [40:01] | and DAs, we don’t have the presumption of integrity anymore. | 还有地区检察官,我们再也不被认为是诚实正直的 | 
| [40:04] | Why? I don’t understand. | 为什么?我不理解 | 
| [40:07] | Tell me, did you send the father in there | 告诉我,你让那父亲进去是不是 | 
| [40:09] | for the purpose of getting the kid’s confession? | 为了套出那孩子的口供? | 
| [40:11] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [40:13] | So? | 所以? | 
| [40:16] | If you are innocent, there will be no confession to be had. | 如果你是无辜的,也就不会有什么供认 | 
| [40:26] | I need it, Richard, give it to me. | 我需要它,Richard,把它给我 | 
| [40:30] | What? | 什么? | 
| [40:31] | The speech. Why we do? What we do? | 演说,我们为什么这样做?我们做什么? | 
| [40:34] | Oh, I am not really in the mood, after… | 哦,我真的没有心情,以后吧。。。 | 
| [40:37] | Please, Richard, I need it. | 拜托,Richard,我需要 | 
| [40:40] | Please give it to me and don’t just phone it in. | 拜托,别敷衍了事 | 
| [40:43] | Helen. | Helen | 
| [40:43] | Please, can’t you see how demoralized I am? | 拜托,你看不到我是多么的沮丧吗? | 
| [40:50] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [40:55] | There are heroes in this world. | 世界上有一种英雄 | 
| [40:57] | They are called District Attorneys. | 他们被称为地区检察官 | 
| [40:59] | They don’t get to have clients, | 他们没有雇主 | 
| [41:01] | people who smile at them at the end of the trial, | 在审判结束时对他们微笑的人 | 
| [41:04] | who look at them in the eyes and say thank you. | 看着他们的眼睛,说谢谢的人 | 
| [41:06] | Nobody is there to appreciate the District Attorney | 没有人会感激地方检察官 | 
| [41:08] | because we work for the state. | 因为我们为政府工作 | 
| [41:10] | And our gratitude comes only from | 我们的感激之情只来自于此 | 
| [41:13] | knowing there is a tide out there. | 知道那里有涨潮 | 
| [41:15] | A tide the size of a tsunami | 海啸般大小的潮汐 | 
| [41:17] | coming out of the bottom of ** pool; | 从池底出来 | 
| [41:20] | a tide called crime which if left unchecked | 犯罪的潮汐,如果不加以制止的话 | 
| [41:22] | will rob every American of his freedom; | 将剥夺每个美国人的自由 | 
| [41:26] | a tide would strip individuals of the privilege | 潮汐会剥夺个人的权益 | 
| [41:29] | of being able to walk down a dark street | 能够在黑暗的街道上行走 | 
| [41:31] | to take 20 dollars out of an ATM machine | 从ATM机上取出20美金 | 
| [41:33] | without fear being mug. | 而不怕被抢劫 | 
| [41:35] | All congress does is talk, | 国会只会动嘴 | 
| [41:37] | but it’s the District Attorney who grabs his sword, | 但是地区检察官拔出他的利剑 | 
| [41:40] | who digs into the trenches to fight his fight, | 挖掘战壕去战斗 | 
| [41:43] | who dogs justice day after day after day without thanks, | 日复一日紧跟正义,没有感谢 | 
| [41:47] | without so much as a simple pat on the back. | 甚至于连些许赞扬也没有 | 
| [41:48] | But we do it, we do it, | 但是我们坚持做下去 | 
| [41:50] | we do it because we are the crusaders, | 因为我们是十字军战士 | 
| [41:53] | the last frontier of the American justice. | 美国司法的最后边界 | 
| [41:55] | Knowing that if a man cannot feel safe | 要知道如果一个人不能感到安全 | 
| [41:57] | he can never, never feel free. | 他永远不能感到自由 | 
| [42:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |