时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | FLEMING: Back then, I was sharp enough | 想当初,我聪明伶俐、 |
[00:03] | to stick in the ground | 踏实肯干、 |
[00:03] | and green enough to grow. | 而且幼稚单纯。 |
[00:05] | I said yes to everything. | 我什么事都肯做。 |
[00:07] | So they had me, you see. | 所以他们控制住了我,你们都看到了。 |
[00:09] | There was nothing I could do. | 我对此毫无办法。 |
[00:11] | At this point in my career, | 在我职业生涯的那个阶段, |
[00:12] | I was just an overworked prosecutor grunt. | 我就是一个过劳的草根检察官。 |
[00:15] | You know the feeling? | 你们懂得这种感受吗? |
[00:17] | Now this is long, long before I became | 这是很久以前的事了, |
[00:19] | the esteemed Chief Judge Fleming, | 而今我变成了受人尊敬的Fleming首席法官。 |
[00:21] | winner of the State Bar Association’s | 州律师协会终身成就奖的获得者。 |
[00:23] | Lifetime Achievement Award, | 州律师协会终身成就奖的获得者。 |
[00:25] | I’ll take that. | 我赶紧把奖杯抱起来吧 |
[00:29] | FLEMING: Am I being humble enough? | 我还谦逊吗虚? |
[00:30] | No, no, in fact, | 不,不,实际上, |
[00:32] | I am quite honored. | 我感到非常荣幸。 |
[00:35] | I’m sorry. | 对不起。 |
[00:37] | DONNELL: You emptied the four bottles at your table? | 你们桌上的四瓶酒都喝光了? |
[00:38] | Practically by myself. | 实际都是我一个人喝的。 |
[00:40] | Just a bunch of sippers. | 其他人只是一群啜饮料的 |
[00:42] | Hey, do you guys have some gift bags over there? | 嘿,你们那里还有礼品包吗? |
[00:44] | Lucy, I said you could have mine. | Lucy,我说了你可以拿我的那份。 |
[00:46] | Hey… | 嘿。。。 |
[00:48] | firm springs for a table and nobody invites me? | 事务所买单却没有人邀请我? |
[00:51] | Shh. | 嘘。 |
[00:54] | Oh, that’s right, Judge Fleming. | 噢,对了,Fleming法官。 |
[00:55] | I forgot what a big deal he was to you. | 我忘了他对你有多重要啊。 |
[00:58] | You know, I like him even better off the bench. | 你知道,我更希望他下台。 |
[01:00] | I’m just trying to listen. | 我只是想听他说而已。 |
[01:02] | FLEMING: This is the room that would be perfect | 这个房间做他的办公室真是太完美了。 |
[01:04] | for his office. | 这个房间做他的办公室真是太完美了。 |
[01:06] | Now, mind you, | 现在,请注意, |
[01:07] | it’s the middle of the summer, | 时值仲夏, |
[01:08] | but here I am | 但我在这儿 |
[01:09] | helping the Chief Justice of the United States | 是帮着美国首席法官搬家 |
[01:12] | move furniture. | 是帮着美国首席法官搬家 |
[01:13] | I’m sweating buckets. | 我大汗淋漓。 |
[01:17] | Let’s talk about Cassell. | 我们谈谈Cassell的案子吧。 |
[01:19] | Um, tomorrow in court. | 呃,明天到法庭再说吧。 |
[01:20] | Now, I know you think | 现在,我知道你 |
[01:21] | the Cassell case hinges on consent, but– | Cassell一案取决于准许文件,但是。。。 |
[01:24] | You’re in no shape | 你今晚没法谈论这个案子。 |
[01:25] | to argue this tonight, counselor. | 你今晚没法谈论这个案子。 |
[01:27] | Can you two take it outside? | 你俩能到外面去吗? |
[01:29] | Very good idea. | 好主意。 |
[01:30] | Bob… | |
[01:32] | your client is a bad man. | 你的当事人是个坏蛋。 |
[01:34] | He deserves to be in jail. | 进监狱是他活该。 |
[01:36] | I’m not letting him back out on the street. | 我不会放过他的。 |
[01:38] | Maybe not, but you’re gonna buy me a new tie. | 也许不会吧,但你要赔我一条新领带。 |
[01:41] | I mean it. | 我是认真的 |
[01:42] | I can see that. Shh. | 我看得出来,小声点。 |
[01:43] | You’re not taking me seriously. | 你没有把我当回事啊。 |
[01:46] | This is gonna go to trial, | 这案子要上庭了, |
[01:48] | and, buddy, I’m gonna win. | 而且我会赢的,伙计。 |
[02:54] | At which time you arrived | 你是在那时到达被告家的? |
[02:55] | at the defendant’s house? | 你是在那时到达被告家的? |
[02:56] | CHEN: Yes. Correct. | 是的,没错。 |
[02:58] | Now, Officer Chen, | 那么,Chen警官, |
[02:59] | can you describe what transpired? | 你能描述一下发生了什么吗? |
[03:01] | I knocked on the door, announced my presence. | 我敲了门,并报了身份。 |
[03:04] | And Cassell’s girlfriend answered, | Cassell的女友回答说他不在家。 |
[03:06] | said he wasn’t home. | Cassell的女友回答说他不在家。 |
[03:07] | I requested permission to search the premises, | 我请求允许搜查该房屋 |
[03:09] | and she–the girlfriend, granted my request. | 而她。。。他的女友,答应了。 |
[03:13] | I did a protective sweep of the common area, | 我对公共区域做了一次保护性的搜查, |
[03:15] | then I heard someone | 随后我听到有人在门厅里说话。 |
[03:17] | talking down the hall. | 随后我听到有人在门厅里说话。 |
[03:19] | And at that point… | 于是在那时。。。 |
[03:21] | I approached the room with my weapon drawn, | 我拔出枪接近那个房间 |
[03:22] | pushed open the door, and entered. | 推开门进去。 |
[03:24] | Was anyone inside? | 里面有人吗? |
[03:26] | No, it was the TV. | 没有,是电视机的声音。 |
[03:28] | “politically incorrect.” | 播放的是“政治不正确秀” |
[03:29] | but right there in the corner | 但就在角落里 |
[03:30] | in plain sight was a box filled | 一眼就看到有个装满砖型塑料包裹的盒子。 |
[03:32] | with plastic-wrapped bricks | 一眼就看到有个装满砖型塑料包裹的盒子。 |
[03:34] | of what appeared to be narcotics–cocaine. | 似乎是毒品。。。可卡因。 |
[03:38] | You say you heard the television. | 你说的是你听到了电视的声音。 |
[03:39] | I heard someone talking. | 我听到有人在说话。 |
[03:41] | I thought it might be the defendant. | 我以为那可能是被告。 |
[03:42] | Did you hear anything else, a band playing, | 你听到了些别的吗,乐队演奏 |
[03:44] | laughter from an audience? Just talking. | – 以及观众的笑声? – 只是说话声。 |
[03:47] | You opened the door, and this is where you saw | 你打开门,就看到了电视机。 |
[03:49] | the television. | 你打开门,就看到了电视机。 |
[03:50] | No, it turned out to be coming | 不,结果发现电视机声音是来自隔壁房间。 |
[03:51] | from the next room. | 不,结果发现电视机声音是来自隔壁房间。 |
[03:52] | So there was no talking | 所以说话的声音完全不是来自这个房间吗? |
[03:53] | from this room after all? | 所以说话的声音完全不是来自这个房间吗? |
[03:55] | No. | 对。 |
[03:56] | And yet you still saw fit to enter the room | 但你还是认为进入这间房间进行搜查是适当的吗? |
[03:58] | and continue your search? | 但你还是认为进入这间房间进行搜查是适当的吗? |
[04:00] | The box was right there. | 盒子就在那里。 |
[04:02] | And you say it was Mr. Cassell’s girlfriend | 你说是Cassell先生的女友允许你进行搜查的? |
[04:03] | who consented to your search? | 你说是Cassell先生的女友允许你进行搜查的? |
[04:05] | That’s right. | 没错。 |
[04:06] | Where is the girlfriend? | 他女友在哪儿? |
[04:07] | I would think she’d be here. | 我想她会在这里。 |
[04:09] | She hasn’t come forward. | 她没有出来作证。 |
[04:11] | We can’t find her. | 我们找不到她了。 |
[04:14] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 法官大人,我问完了。 |
[04:16] | The witness may step down. | 证人可以退席。 |
[04:18] | Your Honor, move to suppress due to the fact that my client | 法官大人,因我当事人被剥夺了第四修正案的权利, |
[04:21] | was denied his fourth amendment rights. | 我要求禁止证据呈堂。 |
[04:22] | Officer Chen had no right to search the– | Chen警官无权搜查。。。 |
[04:24] | Your Honor, Officer Chen relied | 法官大人,Chen警官依据的是 |
[04:26] | on the girlfriend’s apparent authority to consent. | 被告女友的表见代理授权。 (表见代理:行为人虽无代理权,但由于本人的行为, 造成了足以使善意第三人相信其有代理权的表象) |
[04:28] | We deny the girlfriend ever gave consent. | 我们不承认被告女友曾准许搜查。 |
[04:30] | It’s hearsay. We don’t stipulate it ever happened. | 这属于传闻证据,我们不能认定其发生过。 |
[04:33] | Furthermore, Officer Chen’s account of discovering the drugs | 另外,Chen警官关于发现毒品的描述充满了矛盾。 |
[04:36] | is riddled with contradictions. | 另外,Chen警官关于发现毒品的描述充满了矛盾。 |
[04:37] | GAMBLE: Not true, Your Honor. | 不是这样的,法官大人。 |
[04:39] | Officer Chen testified he heard talking. | Chen警官作证说他听到了说话声。 |
[04:41] | DONNER: He heard the television. | 他听到了是电视机里的声音。 |
[04:43] | And not even from the room in question. | 甚至都不是来自于涉案的那个房间。 |
[04:45] | GAMBLE: Regardless, the search of the room | 不管怎样,搜查房间是保护性搜查行动的一部分。 |
[04:47] | was part of a protective sweep. | 不管怎样,搜查房间是保护性搜查行动的一部分。 |
[04:49] | Once inside, the evidence was in plain sight. | 一旦进入,证据就在眼前。 |
[04:51] | Fruit of the poisonous tree. | 这是毒树之果。 |
[04:53] | The fact of the matter is– | 这件事的实质是。。。 |
[04:55] | FLEMING: Thank you, counsel. Well argued. | 谢谢你,律师,辩论很精彩。 |
[04:59] | The line between issues of fact and law here | 事实和法律问题之间的界限, |
[05:01] | is a hazy one, is it not? | 在此案中是很模糊的,不是吗? |
[05:04] | Your Honor, if I may? | 法官大人,如果可以的话? |
[05:05] | Just speaking rhetorically, counselor, | 只不过是一种夸张的说法,律师。 |
[05:07] | if you’ll allow me to continue. | 如果你允许我继续说的话。 |
[05:11] | I must say, | 我必须要说, |
[05:12] | I’m not entirely certain | 我不太确定的是 |
[05:13] | that a ruling | 在没有借助于其他可能在庭审中提出的证据的特定情况下, |
[05:14] | would even be appropriate at this juncture | 在没有借助于其他可能在庭审中提出的证据的特定情况下, |
[05:16] | without the benefit of additional evidence | 对这个问题做出裁决是很恰当的。 |
[05:18] | that might arise at trial. | 对这个问题做出裁决是很恰当的。 |
[05:20] | I think we could all benefit | 我认为我们多讨论是有益处的。 |
[05:21] | from more time. | 我认为我们多讨论是有益处的。 |
[05:23] | But the defendant is entitled to a speedy trial, | 但是被告有权得到快速的审理, |
[05:27] | and a speedy trial he shall get. | 而且他也将得到快速的审理。 |
[05:30] | Accordingly, I’ll reserve my ruling on this matter | 因此,我将保留对这件事的裁决权力。 |
[05:32] | while allowing the trial to go forward. | 同时允许庭审继续进行。 |
[05:34] | The clerk will set a date for jury selection. | 书记员将为陪审团的选拔定一个日期。 |
[05:36] | We’re adjourned. (gavel bangs) | 休庭。 |
[05:37] | Your Honor– | 法官大人。。。 |
[05:37] | Thank you, counsel. | 再见,律师。 |
[05:51] | Helen gamble? | |
[05:52] | Yes. | 是我。 |
[05:53] | Greg Mitchell, U. S. Attorney’s office. | Greg Mitchell,司法部检察官办公室。 |
[05:55] | You guys recruiting door-to-door these days? | 你们这几天要挨家挨户招纳新人吗? |
[05:58] | It’s my understanding Judge Fleming | 以我的理解,Fleming法官今早是把问题搁置起来了。 |
[05:59] | left the ball in the air this morning. | 以我的理解,Fleming法官今早是把问题搁置起来了。 |
[06:01] | You never know with these suppression issues. | 很难预测这些证据禁止问题。 |
[06:05] | Since when does the U.S. Attorney’s office | 司法部检察官办公室什么时候关心起州辖案件了? |
[06:07] | take an interest in a state possession case? | 司法部检察官办公室什么时候关心起州辖案件了? |
[06:11] | Actually, I can think of a couple dozen federal cases | 实际上,我能想到几十个联邦案件, |
[06:13] | we’d like to pawn off on you. | 我们想让你来操心。 |
[06:15] | What’s this about? | 这是怎么回事? |
[06:17] | Ms. Gamble, | |
[06:22] | how well do you know Judge Fleming? | 你对Fleming法官了解多少? |
[06:25] | I’ve appeared before him a number of times. | 我多次出过他主持的庭审。 |
[06:27] | When he was a D. A., we all sat in on his trials. | 当他是个检察官的时候,我们都参与过他的案件审理。 |
[06:31] | In fact, I was at a dinner last night honoring– | 实际上,我昨晚参加了给他颁奖的晚宴。。。 |
[06:33] | MITCHELL: We have reason to believe | 我们有理由相信 |
[06:33] | Judge Fleming has been accepting bribes. | Fleming法官一直在受贿。 |
[06:37] | Charles Fleming? | |
[06:40] | Come on. | 得了吧。 |
[06:41] | Now, in this case that you’re handling, | 现在,在你办的这个案子上, |
[06:43] | he might eventually admit the evidence to compensate | 他可能最终会认可证据呈堂, |
[06:45] | for his recent spate of suppressions and acquittal, | 以便对他最近一系列的禁止证据和无罪裁定做出弥补。 |
[06:48] | and to check any attention | 从而抑制住那些他可能已经给自己招致的怀疑。 |
[06:49] | he might have already drawn to himself. | 从而抑制住那些他可能已经给自己招致的怀疑。 |
[06:51] | And he may admit the evidence | 他会认可证据呈堂是因为我给他提供了正当的理由。 |
[06:53] | because I established a valid reason for him to do so. | 他会认可证据呈堂是因为我给他提供了正当的理由。 |
[06:56] | Well, with all due respect, we don’t think so. | 嗯,恕我直言,我们不这么认为。 |
[06:59] | By reserving his ruling, | 通过保留他的裁定权, |
[07:01] | he is sending a message | 他在发出一个他愿意接受贿赂的信号。 |
[07:02] | that he is open for a bribe. | 他在发出一个他愿意接受贿赂的信号。 |
[07:05] | This has been his M. O. | 这是他的行为模式。 |
[07:06] | in over a dozen cases that we’ve reviewed. | 我们已经审查了十几个案例。 |
[07:09] | It never occurred to you that he may just prefer | 你从没想过他可能是喜欢不当庭做出冲动的决定吗? |
[07:11] | not to make impulsive decisions from the bench? | 你从没想过他可能是喜欢不当庭做出冲动的决定吗? |
[07:13] | We have a witness. | 我们有一个证人。 |
[07:14] | We have a federal prisoner | 我们掌握一名联邦监狱的烦人, |
[07:15] | who’s looking to reduce his sentence | 他想将他的一起抢劫罪减刑。 |
[07:17] | on a robbery conviction. | 他想将他的一起抢劫罪减刑。 |
[07:18] | Well, that’s reliable. | 好吧,这是可信的。 |
[07:19] | MITCHELL: This prisoner says in a previous case, | 这个囚犯说在以前的案件中, |
[07:21] | his lawyer paid Judge Fleming five grand | 他的律师为了无罪释放而付给Fleming法官五千美元 |
[07:23] | for an acquittal. | 他的律师为了无罪释放而付给Fleming法官五千美元 |
[07:26] | And we have evidence of similar payoffs. | 我们也有类似的报酬的证据。 |
[07:29] | The Department of Justices been looking at this case | 八个多月以来,司法部一直在调查这个案子 |
[07:31] | for over eight months. | 八个多月以来,司法部一直在调查这个案子 |
[07:32] | Have you approached any of the attorneys in those cases, | 这些案子中你和任何检察官或他们的上司联系过吗? |
[07:35] | spoken with anyone upstairs? | 这些案子中你和任何检察官或他们的上司联系过吗? |
[07:36] | No, we’re concerned with tipping off the Judge. | 没有,我们怕走漏消息。 |
[07:39] | We prefer in these matters to handle this through a sting. | 这种事,我们更愿意通过诱捕处理此案。 |
[07:42] | We create a case, and then we assign an attorney | 我们制造一个案子, |
[07:44] | who we think might be involved. | 然后安排一个我们认为应该参与进来的检察官。 |
[07:47] | Is that what this is? | 这就是你找我的目的? |
[07:50] | You want me to prosecute a fabricated case? | 你希望我起诉一个捏造的案子? |
[07:53] | Actually, Ms. Gamble, | 其实,Gamble谢女士, |
[07:56] | you already are. | 你已经参与进来了。 |
[08:10] | DONNELL: What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[08:13] | Cassell, what are you doing here? | Cassell,你在这干什么? |
[08:15] | Bobby, it’s okay. | Bobby,先别急。 |
[08:16] | DONNELL: Like hell it is. | 这像什么话。 |
[08:17] | You can’t meet with my client without my approval. | 没有我的同意你不能见我的客户。 |
[08:19] | Greg Mitchell, A-USA. | Greg Mitchell,司法部检察官。 |
[08:21] | And this is Agent Donnegan, | 这位是Donnegan探员, |
[08:23] | FBI. | 联邦调查局。 |
[08:24] | How you doing, Mr. Donnell? | Donnell先生,你好。 |
[08:26] | You’re a Fed? | 你是个联邦探员? |
[08:27] | Same with my idiot cop, Chen. | 我的那个笨蛋警察chen警官,也是联邦探员。 |
[08:29] | I had no idea. | 我之前也不知道。 |
[08:30] | What is this?! | 这怎么回事? |
[08:31] | We think Judge Fleming is on the take. | 我们认为Fleming法官受贿。 |
[08:34] | We’ve been observing him for some time now, | 我们已经观察他一段时间了, |
[08:35] | and we plan to bring him down with this trial. | 我们计划利用这个案子把他拿下。 |
[08:41] | Get out of my office. | 给我出去。 |
[08:44] | You have a very impressive track record | 你碰上Fleming法官的时候有非常令人钦佩的业绩记录。 |
[08:47] | in front of Judge Fleming. | 你碰上Fleming法官的时候有非常令人钦佩的业绩记录。 |
[08:49] | You think I’m somehow in on this? | 你认为我参与其中了? |
[08:51] | We were suspicious, | 我们是有怀疑, |
[08:52] | but based on your interactions | 但基于你和Donnegan的相互交流, |
[08:54] | with Agent Donnegan, | 但基于你和Donnegan的相互交流, |
[08:55] | we’re no longer targeting you. | 我们不再把你作为目标了。 |
[08:56] | You’re off the hook. | 你不是调查对象了。 |
[08:57] | It’s official. | 这是正式的。 |
[08:58] | Are you involved in this?! | 这事有你一份儿吗? |
[08:59] | What? Bobby, no. | 什么?没有,Bobby。 |
[09:02] | I tried to shut this down. | 我是试图要阻止的。 |
[09:03] | Look, I think you should at least listen. | 我认为你至少应该先听听。 |
[09:06] | We want you to offer Judge Fleming a bribe. | 我们要你向Fleming法官行贿。 |
[09:08] | Forget it. | 别指望了。 |
[09:10] | Bobby– | |
[09:11] | can I call you Bobby? | 我可以称你Bobby吗? |
[09:13] | Bobby, you’re missing the bigger picture here. | Bobby,你忽略了大局。 |
[09:16] | The office of U. S. Attorney | 司法部检察官办公室 |
[09:18] | and the grand jury | 和大陪审团 |
[09:20] | have invested a great deal time and money | 已经在这项调查上 |
[09:22] | in this investigation, | 投入了大量的时间和金钱 |
[09:23] | and your cooperation would greatly valued. | 你的合作会有极大的价值。 |
[09:27] | But your failure to cooperate, | 但如果你不合作, |
[09:30] | well, that would create a problem. | 那么,就会产生一个难题。 |
[09:33] | And I think you can appreciate | 但我想你会意识到 |
[09:34] | that we will do everything that we can | 为了让你合作,我们啥都干得出来。 |
[09:35] | to get you to cooperate. | 为了让你合作,我们啥都干得出来。 |
[09:37] | Are you threatening me? | 你在威胁我妈? |
[09:38] | MITCHELL: No, I’m stating a fact. | 不,我在说事实。 |
[09:40] | And the fact is that you may well find yourself– | 事实是你会发现你。。。 |
[09:44] | and this firm | 还有这家事务所 |
[09:45] | conflicted out of all superior-court cases | 直到这项调查结束前, |
[09:48] | until this investigation is completed. | 与所有的高等法院案件都存在利益冲突。 |
[09:51] | And who knows how long that’ll take | 而且如果没有你的合作, |
[09:52] | without your cooperation | 谁知道这会有多久。 |
[09:54] | So, if you want to stay in business, | 所以,如果你还想继续做生意, |
[09:58] | you’re gonna do whatever we say. | 不管我们说什么你都要照做。 |
[10:12] | What if Fleming’s clean? | 如果Fleming是清廉的呢? |
[10:13] | You offer him a bribe, he tells you to take a walk. | 你向他行贿,他让你滚一边儿去。 |
[10:16] | Now he thinks you’re dirty. | 他就会认为你是卑鄙的。 |
[10:18] | Helen would not let Bobby take the fall. | Helen不会让Bobby代人受过的。 |
[10:20] | They’ll just have to suck it up, | 他们只能就此作罢 |
[10:22] | tell the Judge they made a mistake | 告诉法官他们弄错了, |
[10:23] | and that they forced Bobby to participate. | 使他们强迫Bobby参与的。 |
[10:25] | Fleming is very popular, and Judges talk. | Fleming人缘很好,法官们经常会沟通。 |
[10:28] | And there’s nothing to stop him from turning every Judge | 没有什么可以阻止他 |
[10:30] | on the state and federal bench | 影响所有州或联邦的法官来针对我们。 |
[10:32] | against us. | 影响所有州或联邦的法官来针对我们。 |
[10:32] | All our careers could be over. | 那我们的职业就做到头了。 |
[10:35] | If Fleming is dirty | 如果Fleming是有问题的 |
[10:36] | which is doubtful | 说不好他的朋友们会怨恨我们使他倒台。 |
[10:39] | his friends are going to resent us | 说不好他的朋友们会怨恨我们使他倒台。 |
[10:41] | for bringing him down. | 说不好他的朋友们会怨恨我们使他倒台。 |
[10:42] | Count on it. | 这点不用担心。 |
[10:44] | Don’t you think the majority would be outraged | 你难道不认为绝大多数法官会对他收贿而感到愤怒吗? |
[10:45] | if he is on the take? | 你难道不认为绝大多数法官会对他收贿而感到愤怒吗? |
[10:46] | Wouldn’t they be glad we got him? | 他们难道不会因我们抓到了他而感到高兴吗? |
[10:47] | You’re kidding yourself, Rebecca. | Rebecca,你这是自欺欺人。 |
[10:49] | Operation Graylord in Chicago? | 记得芝加哥的Graylord行动吗? |
[10:51] | Judges got busted, | 法官被逮捕了。 |
[10:52] | and most of the people who wore the wires | 大多数戴窃听器的人最终成了贱人。 |
[10:54] | ended up pariahs. | 大多数戴窃听器的人最终成了贱人。 |
[10:55] | Because they’d been on the take | 那是因为他们也受贿了。 |
[10:56] | and only set up others to save themselves. | 害别人只不过为了救自己。 |
[10:59] | People will assume the same about us. | 大家也会这么看待我们的。 |
[11:02] | obviously, I don’t wanna do this. | 显然,我不想这么做。 |
[11:05] | I agree, the risk is tremendous. | 我也同意,风险是极大的。 |
[11:08] | But I just wonder if angering the U. S. Attorney | 但我更想知道是否惹恼司法部的风险会小些。 |
[11:10] | isn’t a bigger risk. | 但我更想知道是否惹恼司法部的风险会小些。 |
[11:15] | Lindsay… | |
[11:19] | My first jury trial was in front of Fleming. | 我第一次陪审团庭审就是由Fleming主持。 |
[11:22] | It lasted three months. | 持续了三个月之久。 |
[11:24] | He was fair, considerate, more than competent. | 他是公正的,考虑周到,非常称职。 |
[11:26] | I came to like and admire him very much. | 我开始非常喜欢和尊敬他 |
[11:29] | He remains the best Judge I have ever appeared before. | 他仍然是我见过的最好的法官。 |
[11:32] | He has his share of believers. | 他有一帮崇拜者。 |
[11:34] | I’m one of them, Lindsay. | 我就是其中之一,Lindsay。 |
[11:35] | You can’t do this. | 你不能做这事。 |
[11:37] | Don’t let Mitchell use you like this, or use us. | 别让Mitchell这样利用你或利用我们。 |
[11:40] | We’re not doing anything wrong. | 我们没有任何过错。 |
[11:41] | I’m not so sure that matters. | 这个我可拿不准。 |
[11:47] | He better be guilty. | 最好他是有罪的。 |
[12:01] | This is just like “Donny Brasco.” | 这真像“Donny Brasco” (1997年的大片《忠奸人》主角是Donnie Brasco) |
[12:02] | Lucy, do you mind? | Lucy,别叨叨了行吗? |
[12:03] | Actually, Brasco was FBI. | 其实,Brasco是联邦调查局的 |
[12:05] | How amazing was Johnny Depp? | Johnny Depp有多了不起呀? |
[12:08] | Johnny Depp is an actor. | Johnny Depp是个演员。 |
[12:09] | The real Donnie Brasco was amazing. | 现实中的Donnie Brasco很了不起。 |
[12:12] | You knew him?! | 你认识他? |
[12:13] | Can we get on with this? | 别打岔行吗? |
[12:15] | MITCHELL: Fleming is gonna need a signal that you want a deal. | Fleming需要一个你有意做交易的暗示。 |
[12:16] | So the first thing that you do in court this morning | 所以今天早上你在法庭上做的第一件事就是 |
[12:19] | is you waive the jury and you request a bench trial. | 放弃陪审团审理而要求法官裁决。 |
[12:22] | I’ll have to consult with my client. | 我得和我的当事人商量一下。 |
[12:24] | This is how most defense attorney | 大多数辩护律师似乎就是这样接近法官的。 |
[12:25] | seem to be approaching the Judge. | 大多数辩护律师似乎就是这样接近法官的。 |
[12:27] | It shows that you’re willing to put your fate in his hand. | 这表明你愿意把你的命运交给他。 |
[12:30] | AGENT: Okay. Say something. | 弄好了。说点什么试试。 |
[12:33] | You’re pissing me off. | 你在惹我生气。 |
[12:34] | Perfect. | 非常好。 |
[12:36] | Okay, you can button up. | 好的,你可以扣上扣子了。 |
[12:39] | Keep this in your pocket. | 把这个放在口袋里。 |
[12:41] | When you’re ready to record, | 当你准备好录音时, |
[12:42] | click it once and you’re rolling. | 摁一次,就可以开始了。 |
[12:43] | DONNELL: How am I getting through security wearing this? | 我怎么穿这个通过安检? |
[12:45] | You walk through the detector carrying your keys. | 你拿着钥匙穿过探测器。 |
[12:48] | We’re gonna have someone stationed there. | 我们会安排人在那里。 |
[12:49] | And when the alarm goes off, | 警报一响, |
[12:51] | you just do what you’re told, and you’ll be fine. | 你只要照吩咐做就行了。 |
[13:13] | Empty your pockets, please. | 掏请空口袋里的东西 |
[13:20] | Step back through. | 再通过一次。 |
[13:23] | Spread your arms. | 伸开双臂。 |
[13:24] | GUARD: You take him over there. | 你去处理那边儿吧。 |
[13:26] | Oh, okay. | 好的。 |
[13:31] | Spread your arms, sir. | 伸开双臂,先生。 |
[13:38] | Appreciate it, you’re all set. | 谢谢,完事了。 |
[14:04] | Mr. Donnell. | |
[14:06] | All rise. | 全体起立。 |
[14:13] | BAILIFF: Be seated. | 请坐。 |
[14:16] | Good morning. | 早上好。 |
[14:17] | Your honor. | 法官大人 |
[14:18] | Morning. | 早上好。 |
[14:19] | You’ll forgive my impropriety. | 不好意思。 |
[14:21] | It’s a cold one today. | 今天真冷。 |
[14:23] | All right, then… | 那好,接下来。。。 |
[14:25] | in the matter of the Commonwealth vs. Cassell, | 州诉Cassell一案, |
[14:29] | if there are no further motions in limine, | 如果没有进一步的限制将提交陪审团的证据的动议。 |
[14:30] | I believe we are ready to begin jury selection. | 我想我们已经准备好开始挑选陪审团了。 |
[14:33] | In regards to voir dire, counsel, | 关于预先审查,律师, |
[14:34] | as you may know, I typically ta– | 如你所知,我通常。。。 |
[14:36] | Your Honor, if I may? | 法官大人,如果可以的话? |
[14:39] | You have a lot to add these days it seems, Mr. Donnell. | 似乎你这几天总是有很多要补充的,Donnell先生。 |
[14:42] | Actually, my client | 事实上,我的当事人决定放弃陪审团审理。 |
[14:44] | has decided to waive a jury | 事实上,我的当事人决定放弃陪审团审理。 |
[14:47] | and request a bench trial. | 而要求法官裁决。 |
[14:52] | Mr. Cassell… | |
[14:56] | Mr. Cassell, you understand that once you wave this right, | Cassell先生,你知道一旦你放弃权力, |
[14:59] | the decision cannot be undone. | 这个决定不能撤销了。 |
[15:02] | Your fate will rest in my hands alone. | 你的命运将单独由我来掌握。 |
[15:04] | Yes, sir. | 明白,先生。 |
[15:07] | Ms. Gamble, the Commonwealth is equally entitled | Gamble女士,州检有同等的权力要求陪审团审理。 |
[15:10] | to try its case before a jury. | Gamble女士,州检有同等的权力要求陪审团审理。 |
[15:12] | Do you have any objection to Mr. Cassell’s waive request? | 你对Cassell先生的弃权要求有什么异议吗? |
[15:14] | No, Your Honor, we’re amenable. | 没有,法官大人,我们同意这种处理方式。 |
[15:18] | Very well then. | 那就好了。 |
[15:19] | We’ll begin with opening statements after lunch. | 午餐后,我们将开始陈述。 |
[15:21] | Until then, | 在那之前, |
[15:23] | we’re in recess. | 我们休庭。 |
[15:34] | You hating this as much as me? | 你和我一样对此厌恶吗? |
[15:36] | More. | 更甚。 |
[15:36] | Not possible. Trust me. | – 不会吧。 – 相信我吧 |
[15:40] | Can I? | 我能吗? |
[15:43] | Trust you, I mean? | 我是指,能相信你吗? |
[15:44] | I don’t know who to believe anymore. | 我不知道该相信谁了。 |
[15:46] | Who are the good guys? Who are the bad? | 谁是好人?谁是坏人? |
[15:47] | It was a lot easier when they all wore black-and-white hats. | 当他们都戴着黑白相间的帽子时,事情就容易多了。 |
[15:52] | I mean, first we give Fleming a lifetime achievement award, | 我是说,首先我们给Fleming一个终身成就奖, |
[15:55] | now we’re trying to crack him over the head with it. | 现在我们要用它把他打得头破血流。 |
[15:59] | Oh, and by the way, | 哦,顺便说一下, |
[16:00] | sorry for pulling you onto the floor. | 不好意思把你拖到地板上了。 |
[16:03] | Anytime. | 随时效劳。 |
[16:33] | Judge. | 法官大人。 |
[16:34] | Mr. Donnell. | Donnell先生。 |
[16:37] | Did you enjoy your dinner the other night? | 前两天晚上你吃得开心吗? |
[16:40] | Oh, very much so. | 噢,非常开心。 |
[16:41] | Very much. | 非常好。 |
[16:46] | Rumor has it that you’re up for a circuit appointment. | 有传言说你要去巡回法庭任职。 |
[16:50] | I learned a long time ago | 我很久前就听说了, |
[16:51] | not to put too much stock in rumors. | 别太在意传言。 |
[16:54] | You’d be wise to do the same. | 你最好也这样。 |
[16:59] | Of course, I’m not complaining. | 当然了,我没有抱怨。 |
[17:01] | It’s nice to know there are people out there | 很高兴知道外面有人把传言当真。 |
[17:02] | taking the rumor seriously. | 很高兴知道外面有人把传言当真。 |
[17:04] | I suppose it is. | 我想是的。 |
[17:07] | Judge… | 法官大人。。。 |
[17:11] | I’ve been weighing my options | 对于眼下这个案子, |
[17:13] | in the case before you, and, well… | 我一直在权衡选择,而且,嗯。。。 |
[17:17] | to be candid, the D. A.’s offered a deal, | 坦率地说,检察官提出了一项协议, |
[17:19] | a somewhat reasonable deal in my opinion. | 我觉得还算合理。 |
[17:24] | I don’t know if it’s the right… | 我不知道是否该。。。 |
[17:30] | Mr. Donnell, are you asking me | Donnell先生,你是在要我妨碍你办案吗? |
[17:31] | to handicap this case for you? | Donnell先生,你是在要我妨碍你办案吗? |
[17:35] | Thinking out loud, Your Honor. | 我是顺嘴就说出来了,Your Honor |
[17:38] | Well, keep it to yourself next time. | 那好,下次控制住你自己吧 |
[17:41] | That way our pleasant chat | 那样的话,我们愉快的聊天 |
[17:42] | won’t seem more like a highly | 就不会更像是一种非常不恰当的单方讨论了。 |
[17:43] | improper ex parte discussion. | 就不会更像是一种非常不恰当的单方讨论了。 |
[17:45] | Judge, I had no intention– | 法官大人,我无意于。。。 |
[17:46] | we’re done! | 到此为止! |
[17:55] | Damn it! | 该死的! |
[18:04] | The man cut me off way before I even got close | 我甚至还没扯到行贿的事上,他就把我打断了。 |
[18:06] | to a bribe. | 我甚至还没扯到行贿的事上,他就把我打断了。 |
[18:07] | He berated me for initiating | 他指责我发起了一次单方面讨论。 |
[18:09] | an ex parte discussion. | 他指责我发起了一次单方面讨论。 |
[18:10] | MITCHELL: I know, I heard, I was listening. | 我知道,我听到了,我当时在监听。 |
[18:11] | He is testing you. | 他在测试你。 |
[18:13] | I don’t buy that, all right? | 我不接受这个说法,好吗? |
[18:14] | I was there. | 我是在现场。 |
[18:15] | GAMBLE: Look, this is a mistake. | 听着,这是个错误。 |
[18:16] | This man has done nothing improper in this case. | 这人在此案没有做什么不当的事。 |
[18:20] | Every ruling, every word out of his mouth, | 每个裁决,嘴里说出的每个字, |
[18:22] | has a legitimate explanation. | 都有合理的解释。 |
[18:24] | Look, it’s understandable that the two of you are nervous. | 你们两个紧张是可以理解的。 |
[18:26] | It is normal in an undercover– | 这对于卧底来说很正常。。。 |
[18:28] | I’m getting out, and you should do the same. | 我要出去了,你也应该如此。 |
[18:29] | Bobby, It is not that simple! | Bobby,没那么简单! |
[18:31] | No, it’s very simple. | 不,这很简单 |
[18:33] | As soon as Fleming takes the bench, | Fleming一开庭入席, |
[18:34] | Helen will announce that a deal has been made, | Helen会宣布说已经达成控辩交易, |
[18:36] | and the case will be dismissed. | 这个案子就撤销了。 |
[18:37] | Nobody’s announcing anything! | 不会有人宣布什么的! |
[18:38] | If you don’t do it, I’ll do it for you! | 如果你不干,我就替你干! |
[18:40] | I cannot allow that, Bobby. | 我不允许你这么干,Bobby。 |
[18:41] | You son of a bitch!! | 你个狗娘养的! |
[18:43] | You come in here with complete disregard | 你来这儿完全漠视我们日复一日的工作。 |
[18:44] | for what we do day in and day out. | 你来这儿完全漠视我们日复一日的工作。 |
[18:46] | And all you’re really aiming for is some high-profile case | 你真正想要的是一些引人注目的案例 |
[18:48] | so you’ll get the most ink in the press, | 以便你在报纸上获得更多的笔墨, |
[18:50] | get the most bang for your buck. | 赚得最大的利益。 |
[18:51] | That’s right. | 没错。 |
[18:53] | DONNELL: Just so you can let everyone know | 只是为了让每个人都知道 |
[18:53] | you’re a big shot doing your job, | 你的工作做得很成功 |
[18:55] | and we can all sleep safe at night. | 而我们晚上都能睡得安稳了。 |
[18:56] | Judge Fleming is the most important | Fleming法官是你们地区有影响力和最重要的法律学家 |
[18:59] | and influential jurist in your district. | Fleming法官是你们地区有影响力和最重要的法律学家 |
[19:02] | He’s supposed to stand for all that is right, | 他应该站在正确的立场上, |
[19:04] | and he is a crook! | 但他是个骗子! |
[19:05] | I don’t know that, | 我可不知道是不是, |
[19:06] | and I will not help you entrap an innocent Judge. | 但我不会帮你给一个无辜的法官下套。 |
[19:13] | Bobby, let me remind you | Bobby,我提醒你, |
[19:16] | that there will be major repercussions | 如果你危及这次调查,会有严重的后果。 |
[19:18] | if you jeopardize this investigation. | 如果你危及这次调查,会有严重的后果。 |
[19:23] | I suggest you make this case go away quietly… | 我建议你偷偷地把这个案子撤掉。。。 |
[19:28] | because I am done. | 因为老子不玩了。 |
[19:40] | Uh, Mr. Donnell? | 呃,Donnell先生吗? |
[19:42] | Walter Cates– Judge Fleming’s clerk? | 我是Walter Cates。。。Fleming法官的书记员,记得吗? |
[19:45] | Yes, right, of course, I’m sorry. | 噢,当然记得,对不起。 |
[19:48] | I’m on my way to the courtroom now. | 我现在正赶着去出庭。 |
[19:50] | Actually, the Judge would like to see you in chambers. | 实际上,法官想在办公室见你。 |
[19:54] | You know, I need to check with my firm, | 你知道,我需要跟事务所同事商量一下, |
[19:56] | and I don’t want to delay our afternoon session. | 我不想耽误了下午出庭。 |
[19:58] | Would you ask the Judge if he could see me | 你可以问问法官是否可以今天下班后见我? |
[19:59] | at the end of the day? | 你可以问问法官是否可以今天下班后见我? |
[20:01] | Judge Fleming would like to see you now. | Fleming法官现在就想见你。 |
[20:05] | Of course. | 好吧。 |
[20:12] | Judge? | 法官大人? |
[20:13] | You asked to see me? | 你要见我? |
[20:14] | Thank you, Walter. | 谢谢你,Walter。 |
[20:20] | You ever read any of this fella’s work? | 你看过这家伙的作品吗? |
[20:21] | Can’t say that I have. | 不好意思,没看过。 |
[20:23] | FLEMING: Believes the only way true justice can be built | 认为只有建立在一个单一的、共享的世界观基础上 |
[20:25] | is if it’s built on a foundation | 认为只有建立在一个单一的、共享的世界观基础上 |
[20:26] | of a single, shared worldview. | 才能建立真正的正义。 |
[20:30] | Pretty radical stuff. | 相当激进的东西。 |
[20:32] | I got the book as a gift, | 这书是别人当礼物送给我的, |
[20:33] | so I suppose it doesn’t much matter | 所以我想看不完也没什么关系。 |
[20:35] | I won’t be finishing it. | 所以我想看不完也没什么关系。 |
[20:41] | I know we all go through the security mill out there, | 我知道我们都经过了外面的安检, |
[20:43] | but you can never be sure | 但也说不好这段时间会有人偷点什么东西。 |
[20:45] | who’ll try to sneak what in these days, | 但也说不好这段时间会有人偷点什么东西。 |
[20:46] | so you don’t mind if I see for myself, do you, counselor? | 那么,律师,你不会介意我亲自检查一下,是吗? |
[20:50] | No. Of course not. | 当然不介意。 |
[20:52] | Fine. Thank you. | 好的。谢谢你。 |
[21:01] | You’ll learn to be careful, too, Mr. Donnell. | 你也要学会谨慎些,Donnell先生。 |
[21:03] | You never know who’s listening. | 不知道谁会偷听。 |
[21:05] | In the courtroom… | 在法庭上。。。 |
[21:06] | in the public restroom… | 在公共厕所里。。。 |
[21:08] | Yes, sir. | 知道了,先生。 |
[21:11] | So, what was it you wanted? | 那么,你想要什么? |
[21:15] | I’m not quite sure. | 我说不清。 |
[21:18] | Have a seat, Bobby. | 请坐,Bobby。 |
[21:19] | Relax. | 放松些。 |
[21:21] | I’ve hung my judicial robes at the door. | 现在别当我是法官。 |
[21:23] | We’re simply two men having a conversation. | 我们只是两个普通人谈谈话。 |
[21:31] | Earlier you referred to a deal | 早些时候你提到一个由助理检察官提出的交易 |
[21:32] | proffered by the assistant D. A. | 早些时候你提到一个由助理检察官提出的交易 |
[21:36] | What exactly are we talking about? | 具体是什么? |
[21:40] | Three years. | 三年刑期。 |
[21:41] | FLEMING: I see. | 明白了。 |
[21:43] | And how does that sound to your client? | 你的客户觉得怎么样? |
[21:44] | He’d prefer less. | 他希望少一点。 |
[21:45] | Touché. | 很会说话。 |
[21:48] | Touché. | 佷会说话。 |
[21:50] | Which brings you to me, is that right? | 你因为这个来找我的吧? |
[21:52] | You’d like to make a deal, too. | 你也想做个交易。 |
[21:54] | If possible, Your Honor, yes, I would. | 是的,法官大人,如果可以的话。 |
[22:06] | $10,000. | 一万美金。 |
[22:10] | I’ll need time to get the money together. | 我需要点时间凑钱。 |
[22:13] | Yes, well, I have no intention | 嗯,那好, |
[22:15] | of sitting through an entire trial | 我无意于在事先知道结果的情况下 |
[22:16] | when I already know the result. | 坐在那里耗完整个审理过程。 |
[22:18] | If we’re doing this, we do it today. | 如果我们要做,那就今天做完。 |
[22:21] | You can have an hour. | 你有一个小时时间。 |
[22:23] | I think I can make that happen. | 我想我能办到。 |
[22:26] | Then I think you’ve got an acquittal. | 那我想你已经得到无罪判决了。 |
[22:43] | Bobby? | |
[22:47] | You want this book? | 你想要这本书吗? |
[22:49] | It’s yours for the taking if you like. | 你喜欢就归你了。 |
[22:51] | Thanks anyway. | 不了,不过还是谢谢你。 |
[23:09] | He made the offer. | 他开了个价。 |
[23:10] | And you didn’t have the wire. | 但你没戴窃听器。 |
[23:11] | I’m lucky I didn’t, he patted down. | 没戴是我的运气,他搜我身了。 |
[23:13] | Why couldn’t you have stalled? | 你为什么没戴窃听器呢? |
[23:14] | I tried, he insisted I see him immediately. | 我想戴的,但他坚持要我马上见他。 |
[23:17] | All right, never mind. | 好吧,没关系。 |
[23:18] | So what happened? | 情况如何? |
[23:18] | Was he specific? | 他很明确地提出了吗? |
[23:19] | He wants 10 grand in an hour. | 他想在一个小时内拿到一万美金 |
[23:24] | the clerk told me to call him when I’m ready. | 书记员告诉我凑齐钱就给他打电话。 |
[23:27] | He’s aware of the arrangement? | 他知道这个安排吗? |
[23:28] | It seems. | 看来是。 |
[23:31] | We’re on. | 开始行动。 |
[23:34] | Let’s go. | 走吧。 |
[23:38] | Walter, Bobby Donnell. | Walter,我是Bobby Donnell, |
[23:40] | I’m approaching the building. | 我走近大楼了。 |
[23:42] | Are we clear? | 你清楚了吗? |
[23:45] | Hello? Good. | 喂?好的。 |
[24:16] | What’s he waiting for? | 他在等什么? |
[24:18] | AGENT: This guy’s killing me. | 这家伙真是愁死我了。 |
[24:20] | Come on, already. | 快点。 |
[24:24] | MITCHELL: There he goes, there he goes. | 他去了,他去了。 |
[24:30] | GAMBLE: I don’t believe this. | 真不敢相信。 |
[24:32] | MITCHELL: Get that old man out of there. | 把那老家伙赶走。 |
[24:45] | GAMBLE: Nice work, Walter. | 真有你的,Walter。 |
[24:58] | Be seated. | 请坐下。 |
[25:04] | We meet again. | 我们又见面了。 |
[25:06] | In the matter of the Commonwealth vs. Cassell– | 马萨诸塞州诉Cassell一案。。。 |
[25:08] | Your Honor, in light of the jury waver | 法官大人,鉴于放弃了陪审团审理, |
[25:11] | and in the interest of expediency, | 为方便起见, |
[25:13] | the Commonwealth is prepared to forego its opening statement | 州检准备放弃开庭陈述 |
[25:17] | and move forward with its first witness. | 并直接从传唤第一位证人开始。 |
[25:19] | The gesture is appreciated, counselor. | 律师,感谢你的这个态度。 |
[25:22] | Appreciated, and yet as circumstance | 感谢你,但是鉴于客观情况,这些都不必要了。 |
[25:24] | would have it unnecessary. | 感谢你,但是鉴于客观情况,这些都不必要了。 |
[25:26] | I’m sorry? | 您说什么? |
[25:28] | Over lunch, I had the opportunity | 午饭时,我有机会 |
[25:30] | to sink my teeth into the issues raised by counsel | 全神贯注地考虑了辩方律师提出的 |
[25:33] | in relation to the defendant’s motion to suppress. | 关于禁止证据呈堂的动议。 |
[25:36] | And having been designated the sole fact-finder, | 既然已经被指定为本案的唯一案情调查者, |
[25:39] | my stated concerns about the intertwining | 我所说的关于事实和法律相互交织的担忧 |
[25:41] | of fact and law | 我所说的关于事实和法律相互交织的担忧 |
[25:43] | are now moot. | 现在没有定论。 |
[25:44] | I am prepared to rule. | 我准备直接进行裁决。 |
[25:46] | I see. | 我明白了。 |
[25:48] | After extended consideration of the testimony | 经过对证词的广泛考虑 |
[25:51] | and applicable case law, | 以及适用的判例法, |
[25:53] | it is my conclusion that the state’s | 我的结论是,州检有关毒品的指控源自于 |
[25:55] | procurement of the narcotics resulted | 我的结论是,州检有关毒品的指控源自于 |
[25:56] | from a search that improperly exceeded the parameters | 不恰当地超越第四修正案规定的范围的一次搜查。 |
[25:59] | of the fourth amendment. | 不恰当地超越第四修正案规定的范围的一次搜查。 |
[26:01] | And while it pains me greatly | 虽然在我禁止如此清晰的犯罪证据呈堂时, |
[26:04] | to bar the introduction of such plainly | 虽然在我禁止如此清晰的犯罪证据呈堂时, |
[26:05] | incriminating evidence, | 我感到十分痛苦。 |
[26:08] | the state’s infringement of the rights | 但州政府对于被告权力的侵犯让我别无选择。 |
[26:10] | of the defendant leaves me no other option. | 但州政府对于被告权力的侵犯让我别无选择。 |
[26:13] | The motion to suppress is therefore granted. | 禁止证据呈堂的动议因此被批准。。 |
[26:17] | Your Honor… | 法官大人。。。 |
[26:20] | the defendant moves for dismissal | 辩方要求撤销所有指控。 |
[26:22] | of all charges. | 辩方要求撤销所有指控。 |
[26:26] | Ms. Gamble, read my written ruling. | Gamble女士,根据我已作出的裁决。 |
[26:28] | I don’t see any way around this. | 我看不出还有什么办法。 |
[26:31] | The prosecution places | 检方请求将反对意见记录在案。 |
[26:33] | its objection on the record. | 检方请求将反对意见记录在案。 |
[26:41] | Very well then. | 那好了, |
[26:45] | Noted. | 将反对意见记录在案。 |
[26:52] | The case is dismissed. | 本案撤销。 |
[26:54] | Okay, let’s go. | 好,行动。 |
[26:57] | Judge Charles Fleming? | Charles Fleming法官。 |
[26:58] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[26:59] | Federal Bureau of Investigation. | 联邦调查局。 |
[27:00] | This is my courtroom. | 这是我的法庭。。 |
[27:01] | How dare you come in here like this? | 你们怎么敢这样闯进来? |
[27:03] | AGENT: Judge Fleming, you’re under arrest. | Fleming法官,你被逮捕了。 |
[27:04] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么? |
[27:05] | You don’t have any authority. | 你们无权。 |
[27:07] | What is happening? | 怎么回事? |
[27:07] | You’re under arrest | 你因受贿、敲诈、妨碍司法 |
[27:08] | for accepting bribes, | 你因受贿、敲诈、妨碍司法 |
[27:10] | extortion, | 以及《美国法典》第8篇第1962节所述的敲诈勒索罪而被捕。 |
[27:11] | obstruction of justice, | 以及《美国法典》第8篇第1962节所述的敲诈勒索罪而被捕。 |
[27:13] | and racketeering under title 8 USC, Section 1962. | 以及《美国法典》第8篇第1962节所述的敲诈勒索罪而被捕。 |
[27:17] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默。 |
[27:19] | Anything you say can and will be used against you. | 那么你所说的一切都能够用做呈堂证供。 |
[27:22] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权在请一位律师。 |
[27:23] | If you cannot afford one, an attorney | 如果你付不起律师费的话,我们可以给你指派一位。 |
[27:25] | will be appointed for you. | 如果你付不起律师费的话,我们可以给你指派一位。 |
[27:35] | REPORTER: Are you guilty of the bribery charges? | 你是受到受贿指控了吗? |
[27:37] | Can we have a comment? | 可以说几句吗? |
[27:40] | REPORTER: Can we have a comment, please? | 请说几句好吗? |
[27:43] | How much money is involved? | 金额是多少? |
[27:45] | How much money are we talking about? | 涉案金额是多少? |
[27:47] | JUDGE: And with reference to the remaining counts, | 至于其余的罪名,被告如何辩诉? |
[27:49] | How does the defendant plead? | 至于其余的罪名,被告如何辩诉? |
[27:51] | My client pleads not guilty | 我的当事人对每一项指控都提出无罪辩诉,法官大人 |
[27:52] | to each and every one of those charges | 我的当事人对每一项指控都提出无罪辩诉,法官大人 |
[27:54] | as well, Your Honor. | 我的当事人对每一项指控都提出无罪辩诉,法官大人 |
[27:55] | JUDGE: Very well. | 那好。 |
[27:56] | The court will schedule a preliminary hearing | 从今天起一周内,法庭会安排一次预备听证会。 |
[27:59] | for one week from today. | 从今天起一周内,法庭会安排一次预备听证会。 |
[28:01] | ANDERSON: In the interim, we request | 这次期间内,我们要求具结释放Fleming法官。 |
[28:02] | that Judge Fleming be released | 这次期间内,我们要求具结释放Fleming法官。 |
[28:03] | on his own recognizance. | 这次期间内,我们要求具结释放Fleming法官。 |
[28:04] | The prosecution believes | 检方认为被告有潜逃风险。 |
[28:05] | that the defendant poses a flight risk. | 检方认为被告有潜逃风险。 |
[28:07] | Your Honor, Judge Fleming | 法官大人,Fleming法官 |
[28:08] | is a highly respected jurist. | 是一位备受尊敬的法律学家。 |
[28:10] | Furthermore, due to the nature | 还有,基于这些指控的特性, |
[28:11] | of the allegations, | 还有,基于这些指控的特性, |
[28:12] | there is also the very real potential | 存在极大的干预证人的潜在可能性。 |
[28:13] | for witness tampering. Your Honor– | – 存在极大的干预证人的潜在可能性。 – 法官大人。。。 |
[28:15] | MITCHELL: The government accordingly requests | 政府因此要求将被告拘押且不得保释。 |
[28:16] | that the defendant be held without bail. | 政府因此要求将被告拘押且不得保释。 |
[28:18] | Your Honor, I’ll ignore the fact | 法官大人,我不想提审前拘押并不意在处罚这个事。 |
[28:19] | that pretrial detention is not meant to be a punishment. | 法官大人,我不想提审前拘押并不意在处罚这个事。 |
[28:22] | But proposing incarceration after arresting my client | 但连最薄弱的证据都没有, |
[28:25] | without even the flimsiest of evidence is unconscionable. | 就在逮捕后提议予以监禁是不合理的。 |
[28:28] | MITCHELL: This arraignment is not the time | 这次传讯并不是对案情进行辩论。 |
[28:30] | to debate this case. | 这次传讯并不是对案情进行辩论。 |
[28:31] | I will remind defense counsel | 我要提醒辩方律师, |
[28:32] | that we have a witness | 我们证人证实法官索贿, |
[28:34] | who will testify to the Judge’s solicitation | 我们证人证实法官索贿 |
[28:36] | as well as a videotape of the money drop. | 以及一盘关于取走赃款的录像带。 |
[28:38] | Gentlemen, please. | 先生们,别这样 |
[28:39] | Let’s bring this down a few notches, shall we? | 让我们把情绪降几档,好吗? |
[28:44] | Mr. Anderson. | Anderson先生,你发言吧。 |
[28:47] | Judge Fleming appears nowhere on this videotape, | Fleming法官并没有出现在录像带上, |
[28:49] | and there’s no reason to believe he was involved | 也不存在认为他以任何方式涉入任何所谓的计划中的理由。 |
[28:51] | in any alleged scheme in any way. | 也不存在认为他以任何方式涉入任何所谓的计划中的理由。 |
[28:54] | MITCHELL: Your Honor, as I said, | 法官大人,如我所言, |
[28:55] | these are issues to be raised at trial. | 这些是在庭审时提出的问题。 |
[28:56] | This already shaky case, | 这个不靠谱的案子, |
[28:59] | where there is no audio or video documentation | 不存在任何有关我的当事人涉入的音频或者视频材料, |
[29:01] | of my client’s involvement, | 不存在任何有关我的当事人涉入的音频或者视频材料, |
[29:03] | is based on the highly questionable testimony | 只是基于一个人的非常可疑的证言 |
[29:06] | of one man, Attorney Bobby Donnell. | 这个人是律师Bobby Donnell。 |
[29:09] | I have to object. Bobby Donnell, – Bobby Donnell, | – 我必须对此提出反对 |
[29:10] | the prosecution’s only witness, | 控方的唯一证人, |
[29:12] | was charged with the passing of information | 曾被指控从地检办公室透露信息 |
[29:13] | from the D. A.’s office | 曾被指控从地检办公室透露信息 |
[29:15] | that resulted in the deaths of two police officers. | 导致两名警官死亡。 |
[29:18] | He was also charged with the murder | 他也曾被指控谋杀了William Hinks |
[29:20] | of a third man William Hinks. | 他也曾被指控谋杀了William Hinks |
[29:22] | MITCHELL: Mr. Donnell was cleared of any wrongdoing | 法官大人,这两起案件中, |
[29:24] | in both cases, Your Honor. | Donnell先生被裁定没有任何不法行为。 |
[29:25] | Are we to believe anything that Mr. Donnell says? | 我们该相信Donnell先生的话吗? |
[29:29] | In fact, I have it on authority | 实际上,我从可靠方面获悉 |
[29:31] | that the very reason Mr. Donnell was chosen | Donnell先生被选中来实施这个所谓的诱捕行动。 |
[29:33] | to try to pull off | Donnell先生被选中来实施这个所谓的诱捕行动。 |
[29:34] | this alleged sting operation | 是有充分理由的。 |
[29:35] | in the first place… | 首先。。。 |
[29:36] | we are not here to talk– | 我们在这儿不是要讨论。。。 |
[29:37] | Mr. Mitchell, | |
[29:38] | be grateful I am not exposing all | 你得感谢我没有 |
[29:40] | of your so-called witness’s well-documented exploits, | 把你那所谓的证人在法庭内外有据可查的行为 |
[29:43] | both in and out of the courtroom. | 全抖落出来。 |
[29:46] | But for reasons of this hearing, | 但说到这次听证的理由, |
[29:49] | is Judge Fleming a flight risk? No. | Fleming法官有逃逸风险吗?没有。 |
[29:52] | Does he present a danger to the community? | 他对社会会造成危险吗? |
[29:54] | Certainly not. | 当然不会。 |
[29:56] | Your Honor, all I ask | 法官大人,我所要求的是 |
[29:58] | is that you consider the merits of this case | 请你在否决他的保释前, |
[30:01] | before denying his liberty. | 考虑一下案件实际情况。 |
[30:03] | Mr. Donnell is not the kind of person | Donnell先生不是那种 |
[30:05] | this great country’s Department of Justice | 这个伟大国家的司法部门应该依靠其来找寻真相的人。 |
[30:07] | should be relying on in its search for truth. | 这个伟大国家的司法部门应该依靠其来找寻真相的人。 |
[30:11] | The people certainly deserve | 人民当然理应得到比Bobby Donnell更好的人选。 |
[30:13] | better than Bobby Donnell. | 人民当然理应得到比Bobby Donnell更好的人选。 |
[30:19] | The defendant will surrender his passport | 被告要把护照交由本庭书记员。 |
[30:20] | to the clerk of the court. | 被告要把护照交由本庭书记员。 |
[30:23] | Bail is set at $25,000. | 保释金定为二万五千美金。 |
[30:32] | GAMBLE: Have you seen where Bobby went? | 你看见Bobby去哪里了吗? |
[30:33] | I didn’t notice, no. | 没有,我没注意。 |
[30:35] | Now, I’ll be honest. | 我实话实说。 |
[30:36] | In the end, it’s worth all the trouble, | 最终,这些麻烦都是值得的。 |
[30:37] | don’t you think? | 你不这样认为吗? |
[30:39] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思? |
[30:40] | We got him. | 我们抓到他了。 |
[30:42] | Got him? | 抓到他了? |
[30:43] | You haven’t gone to trial. | 还没有经过审判呢。 |
[30:44] | No, we probably won’t. | 不,我们也许不会的。 |
[30:45] | Most likely Fleming will plead. | Fleming很可能会接受认罪协议。 |
[30:46] | He’ll resign from the bench, | 他会辞去法官职务。 |
[30:48] | He’ll serve maybe three years, | 他会接受服刑三年,缓刑两年。 |
[30:49] | and get probation for two. | 他会接受服刑三年,缓刑两年。 |
[30:52] | Look… | 听着。。。 |
[30:53] | Anderson just hung Bobby out | Anderson刚刚使Bobby无助地处于困境。 |
[30:55] | to dry in there. | Anderson刚刚使Bobby无助地处于困境。 |
[30:56] | You plead this out, you’ll give everyone | 你达成控辩交易了,会给所有人一个印象, |
[30:59] | the impression the Feds can’t build a case | 联邦调查局仅凭Bobby的证言无法立案。 |
[31:01] | on Bobby’s testimony. | 联邦调查局仅凭Bobby的证言无法立案。 |
[31:02] | We probably can’t. | 我们可能确实无法立案。 |
[31:05] | Then why did you involve him in the first place? | 那你为什么一开始就把他牵扯进来? |
[31:07] | He was our best shot at making this investigation a success. | 他是使我们的调查成功的最佳人选。 |
[31:09] | No matter what the cost. | 不顾代价。 |
[31:11] | MITCHELL: Look, I have to decide if I can win this case. | 听着,我必须要判断我们是否能赢下此案。 |
[31:14] | The clerk’s not talking, | 书记员拒绝供述。 |
[31:15] | and Donnell simply lacks credibility. | 而Donnell确实缺乏可信度。 |
[31:17] | Now, we have limited resources | 我们资源有限, |
[31:19] | and I’m not about to spend them | 我不想只是为了看到Fleming被送进监狱 |
[31:20] | on some long, expensive trial | 我不想只是为了看到Fleming被送进监狱 |
[31:21] | just to see that Fleming winds up in jail. | 而耗用这些资源。 |
[31:23] | He’s off the bench. | 他做不成法官。 |
[31:25] | He’s gone. | 他就完蛋了。 |
[31:26] | That’s all that matters. | 这才是最重要的。 |
[31:27] | GAMBLE: Let me talk to Fleming. | 让我和Fleming谈谈。 |
[31:28] | I’ll be the good cop. | 我来唱白脸。 |
[31:29] | He knows me. | 他认识我。 |
[31:30] | There’s got to be more there. | 我去谈肯定有更多的好处。 |
[31:35] | Look, it’s the least you can do | 听着,这是你来这里搞成这么大麻烦后 |
[31:36] | after coming in here | 听着,这是你来这里搞成这么大麻烦后 |
[31:38] | and making such a mess. | 起码能做到的。 |
[31:46] | I don’t know the purpose of this. | 我不知道这样做有什么意义。 |
[31:48] | My client maintains his innocence. | 我的当事人坚称他是清白的。 |
[31:50] | We have nothing to offer. | 我们没有什么可提供的。 |
[31:53] | Your honor… | 法官大人。。。 |
[31:55] | you’re not the real target | 你并不是这次政府调查的真正目标。 |
[31:56] | of the government’s investigation. | 你并不是这次政府调查的真正目标。 |
[31:58] | They’re simply looking for a way in. | 他们只是想找个突破口。 |
[32:01] | They still need to know | 他们还是需要了解这个组织计划里有多少其他人参与。 |
[32:03] | how many others were involved in the scheme. | 他们还是需要了解这个组织计划里有多少其他人参与。 |
[32:05] | Helen, | |
[32:07] | don’t treat me like a child. | 别把我当小孩看。 |
[32:09] | And let’s not waste any time discussing a scheme. | 别在讨论什么组织计划上浪费时间了。 |
[32:10] | There was no scheme. | 根本就没有这回事。 |
[32:12] | If you reveal the attorneys who participated, | 如果你揭露那些参与的律师 |
[32:14] | the Department of Justice | 司法部会给你提供一份合理的控辩交易。 |
[32:16] | will make you a reasonable offer. | 司法部会给你提供一份合理的控辩交易。 |
[32:19] | Please. | 仔细想想吧, |
[32:21] | Consider taking advantage of this. | 利用这个机会。 |
[32:23] | You can help yourself here. | 你可以自救。 |
[32:25] | He’ll help himself | 他要自救就通过出庭审理。 |
[32:27] | by seeing this through to trial. | 他要自救就通过出庭审理。 |
[32:29] | Do you honestly expect to prove this | 你真的期望能超越合理怀疑地证明他有罪吗? |
[32:30] | beyond a reasonable doubt? | 你真的期望能超越合理怀疑地证明他有罪吗? |
[32:33] | On what basis? | 靠什么? |
[32:34] | Bobby Donnell’s testimony? | Bobby Donnell的证词吗? |
[32:38] | If we could have just another minute, | 如果能给我们一分钟时间, |
[32:39] | I think we can make some progress here. | 我认为我们就能得到一些进展了。 |
[32:56] | Your Honor… | 法官大人。。。 |
[33:00] | I’m–I’m so sorry. | 我。。。对不起。 |
[33:08] | Get him out of here. | 带他出去吧。 |
[33:19] | MITCHELL: Sir? | 先生? |
[33:22] | Mr. Fleming? | Fleming法官? |
[33:28] | I need time to consult with my client. | 我需要些时间和我当事人谈谈。 |
[33:45] | I got a call from a friend who sits federal court, | 我的一个联邦法院的朋友给我打电话了 |
[33:48] | so I know what happened. | 我知道什么情况了。 |
[33:50] | It’s a big deal, | 这是件大事, |
[33:50] | about Fleming, of course, | 对于Fleming自然是的, |
[33:52] | but also about Bobby getting lynched by Anderson. | 但对于Bobby被Anderson吊起来修理来说也是。 |
[33:55] | I came by to see how he’s doing. | 我来看看他怎么样了。 |
[33:57] | He’s in his office. | 他在他办公室里。 |
[33:59] | He won’t talk. | 他不想说话。 |
[34:00] | Well, that’s Bobby. | 嗯,Bobby就是那样的。 |
[34:05] | Yeah. | 是呀。 |
[34:06] | That’s Bobby. | 他就是那样。 |
[34:08] | Yeah, I should have been at the arraignment, | 我本来该去参加传讯的, |
[34:09] | but I’ve been up to my neck with work, | 但我手头工作太多了, |
[34:11] | and Judge Fleming is someone I admired, | 而且Fleming是我所尊敬的人, |
[34:13] | so out of respect… | 所以出于尊重。。。 |
[34:18] | Bobby didn’t want me there. | Bobby不希望我去。 |
[34:20] | Did he say that? | 他明说了吗? |
[34:22] | Oh, come on, Helen. | 噢,得了吧,Helen, |
[34:23] | Bobby can make his point perfectly clear | Bobby不用说话就可以把他的意思表达清楚的。 |
[34:25] | without saying a word. | Bobby不用说话就可以把他的意思表达清楚的。 |
[34:26] | Lindsay, I hope you know | Lindsay,我想让你知道 |
[34:28] | this isn’t about Bobby shutting you out. | 这与Bobby把你排除在外无关。 |
[34:31] | I think he– | 我认为他。。。 |
[34:33] | when he’s up against his demons, | 当他面对恶棍的时候, |
[34:35] | he’d rather battle them alone. | 他宁愿独自和他们战斗。 |
[34:37] | I happen to be along for the ride on this one. | 我是碰巧掺和进这个案子的。 |
[34:41] | I’m glad you can be there for him. | 我很高兴你能陪着他。 |
[34:45] | Donnell, Young, Dole, and Frutt. | Donnell, Young, Dole, Frutt事务所 |
[34:48] | Yeah, sure. | 对,好的。 |
[34:49] | It’s your office. | 你的办公室打来de。 |
[34:52] | Hello? | 喂。 |
[34:55] | I’ll be right over. | 我马上过去。 |
[34:58] | Judge Fleming and his attorneys | Fleming法官和他的律师要求会面。 |
[35:00] | are requesting a meeting. | Fleming法官和他的律师要求会面。 |
[35:02] | Looks like they’re ready to make a deal. | 看起来他们准备要达成控辩交易了。 |
[35:08] | Let me say at the outset, | 首先我要说, |
[35:09] | I am still far from convinced | 我仍是远未相信你有足够的证据可以定罪。 |
[35:11] | you have enough evidence for conviction. | 我仍是远未相信你有足够的证据可以定罪。 |
[35:13] | But to avoid the mud | 但为了避免陷入充斥着媒体鼓噪的庭审的泥沼中 |
[35:15] | of a media-saturated trial, | 但为了避免陷入充斥着媒体鼓噪的庭审的泥沼中 |
[35:18] | Judge Fleming may be willing | Fleming也许愿意协助你们的调查。 |
[35:19] | to assist your investigation. | Fleming也许愿意协助你们的调查。 |
[35:21] | May be? | 也许? |
[35:22] | ANDERSON: We’re not rolling over here. | 除非交易很公平,否则我们对此不会屈从的。 |
[35:24] | Unless the deal is more than fair, | 除非交易很公平,否则我们对此不会屈从的。 |
[35:25] | the judge is prepared to go to trial. | 法官准备好去出庭了。 |
[35:27] | We have the clerk’s testimony. | 我们有书记员的证词。 |
[35:29] | Continue, Mr. Anderson. | Anderson先生,接着说吧。 |
[35:32] | In exchange for Judge Fleming’s | 作为Fleming法官完全配合的交换条件, |
[35:34] | full cooperation, | 作为Fleming法官完全配合的交换条件, |
[35:35] | we expect the government to drop both the Rico | 我们希望政府撤销《反犯罪组织侵蚀合法组织法》 |
[35:38] | and the Hobbs Act counts. | 和《反敲诈勒索法》指控的罪名。 |
[35:39] | That’s the entire federal case. | 可这是这个联邦案件的全部指控呀。 |
[35:40] | You still have state-based fraud– | 你还有由州起诉的欺诈罪。。。 |
[35:43] | five years. | 五年刑期。 |
[35:45] | My client serves three. | 我的当事人服刑三年。 |
[35:46] | Well, that would be a hell of a deal… | 真是个好交易。。。 |
[35:48] | for you. | 对你来说。 |
[35:49] | That’s what we want. | 我们要的就是这个。 |
[35:52] | I’m certainly not committing to that. | 我当然不会答应的。 |
[35:58] | In addition, we’re prepared | 此外,我们准备提供 |
[35:59] | to provide detailed records | 由Fleming法官保存的超过6年期间的详细记录 |
[36:01] | maintained by Judge Fleming | 由Fleming法官保存的超过6年期间的详细记录 |
[36:02] | over a period of 6 years. | 由Fleming法官保存的超过6年期间的详细记录 |
[36:05] | The records implicate 15 attorneys. | 这份记录涉及到15名律师。 |
[36:13] | I suspect we’ll be able to work something out. | 我想我们能圆满地解决一些问题了。 |
[36:18] | Is it possible you’re deriving satisfaction | Helen,你可能会自此获得满足感吗? |
[36:20] | from all of this, Helen? | Helen,你可能会自此获得满足感吗? |
[36:21] | No, Your Honor. I am not. | 不,法官大人,我不会的。 |
[36:26] | In all the times you have appeared before me, | 每次你出现在我面前, |
[36:27] | I think you know that I’ve been an evenhanded, | 我想你知道我一直是个公正的, |
[36:30] | decent, if not humane, jurist. | 正派的,或许不算仁慈的法律学家。 |
[36:33] | For nearly 30 years, | 近30年来, |
[36:34] | my job, my charge | 我的工作,我给出的指示 |
[36:36] | has been to make reasoned, | 一直是合情合理的, |
[36:37] | dispassionate decisions. | 冷静客观的决定。 |
[36:40] | And that is what I have done. | 那就是我所做到的。 |
[36:42] | Always. | 一贯如此。 |
[36:45] | Imperfect, I will admit that I may have overstepped | 有所缺憾的是,我要承认我也许是 |
[36:47] | my boundaries. | 越过了我应遵守的界限。 |
[36:47] | But it was not as you suggest, | 但并不是如你所指出的那样, |
[36:49] | Mr. Mitchell, | Mitchell先生, |
[36:50] | a matter of craven desire. | 是懦弱的欲望问题。 |
[36:52] | On those occasions when I was approached | 在当有人为寻求帮助而试探我的时候。 |
[36:53] | for a favor, | 在当有人为寻求帮助而试探我的时候。 |
[36:54] | I would not, did not, | 我不愿,也没有, |
[36:58] | allow a lesser argument to triumph over a better one. | 让不太合理的论据压制更合理的论据。 |
[37:01] | Wrong must never win by technicality. | 绝不能利用诉讼程序上的技术细则造成错误。 |
[37:05] | Now, then, | 好了,现在听我说, |
[37:06] | I have done nothing illicit. | 我没有做任何违背法律的事。 |
[37:07] | What I did do was expedite cases | 我所做的就是加快交由我处理的案件审理进程。 |
[37:09] | that came before me. | 我所做的就是加快交由我处理的案件审理进程。 |
[37:11] | If I benefited from such, | 如果说我借此受益了, |
[37:12] | well, then, so be it. | 好吧,那就算是吧。 |
[37:14] | This is not about expediting anything. | 这和为了加快进度无关。 |
[37:16] | Wisdom is justified by her children, Mr. Mitchell. | 智慧因其所为而得证(源自马太福音) |
[37:19] | Look at my record. | 查查我办过的案子。 |
[37:20] | Listen to what my colleagues | 听听我的同僚们对我的评价。 |
[37:21] | have to say about me. | 听听我的同僚们对我的评价。 |
[37:23] | You are in no position to judge. | 你没有资格对我进行评判 |
[37:24] | From what I have seen on the bench, | 从我作为法官的角度看待案件的审理, |
[37:26] | ill-prepared, | 准备不足, |
[37:27] | uncommitted, | 回避责任, |
[37:28] | addled attorneys | 麻木不仁的昏庸律师, |
[37:29] | who fall asleep at trial, | 麻木不仁的昏庸律师, |
[37:31] | who are unable to prepare an articulate brief | 连条理清楚的案件摘要都准备不了。 |
[37:34] | are these the ones best suited to mete out justice? | 这些是最能满足达成公正的需要吗? |
[37:36] | I’ve devoted my life to being a judge. | 我毕生致力于当好一个法官。 |
[37:39] | And though the courtroom be an adversarial arena, | 然而法庭是一个对抗性的竞技场, |
[37:41] | I am more than a referee, sir. | 我不仅仅是个裁判,先生。 |
[37:44] | More than a linesman. | 更不仅仅是个司线员。 |
[37:48] | I am the game. | 我就是竞赛的主角。 |
[37:56] | Well, at any rate… | 好吧,无论如何。。。 |
[37:59] | I suppose this gives you great bragging rights | 我想这件事会给你提供 |
[38:01] | with the rest of the politicos | 向办公室里热衷政治的同事吹嘘的资本。 |
[38:02] | in your office. | 向办公室里热衷政治的同事吹嘘的资本。 |
[38:02] | Forgive me, your honor. | 恕我直言,法官大人。 |
[38:05] | You being here has nothing | 你落得这个下场与我和Bobby Donnell无关。 |
[38:07] | to do with me or Bobby Donnell. | 你落得这个下场与我和Bobby Donnell无关。 |
[38:11] | The only thing I have derived | 我从我对此事的参与中, |
[38:12] | from my participation | 唯一得到的就是一种深深的悲伤。 |
[38:14] | is a profound sadness. | 唯一得到的就是一种深深的悲伤。 |
[38:19] | I watched and learned from you, sir. | 先生,我过去关注你并向你学习。 |
[38:27] | It appears that chapter is closed. | 看来这一章已经结束了。 |
[38:31] | You have cast out the dirty judge. | 你们已经把那个肮脏的法官赶了出去了。 |
[38:33] | Justice is restored. | 公正得以恢复。 |
[38:35] | So there it is. | 就是这样。 |
[38:38] | Here’s the list of names. | 这就是名单。 |
[38:39] | No one has reviewed it, | 没有人看过, |
[38:40] | not even my attorney. | 即使是我的律师。 |
[38:43] | Let the blood bath begin. | 开始血洗吧。 |
[38:47] | Clever. | 绝妙吧。 |
[39:27] | He was very… | 他太。。。 |
[39:33] | It’s as if there was no doubt in his mind. | 似乎他心里毫无疑问。 |
[39:35] | This was his way out. | 那是他的出路。 |
[39:40] | He could have started over. | 他本可以重新开始的。 |
[39:43] | I think that’s probably what frightened him. | 我觉得那可能就是让他害怕的原因。 |
[39:48] | Nobody can really start over, can they? | 没有人能真正地重新开始,对吗? |
[39:53] | I’m sorry you had to be there. | 很遗憾你不得不目睹那些。 |
[39:58] | After it happened, it was a madhouse… | 事发之后,一片混乱。。。 |
[40:03] | between the cops and paramedics. | 到处是警察和医务人员。 |
[40:07] | I came right up here and called you. | 我马上就到这儿给你打电话。 |
[40:11] | I didn’t know what else to do. | 我不知道还能做啥。 |
[40:14] | I’m glad you did. | 我很高兴你这样做。 |
[40:18] | How are you doing? | 你怎么样? |
[40:22] | This… | 这事。。。 |
[40:30] | today was a really lousy day. | 今天真是糟透了 |
[40:47] | Your wife’s worried about you. | 你太太很担心你。 |
[40:52] | She’s always worried about me. | 她总是担心我。 |
[40:55] | You’ll be okay tonight? | 你今晚会没事吧? |
[40:56] | Yes. | 没事。 |
[41:01] | Bobby… | |
[41:03] | in all the confusion | 乱成一片时, |
[41:05] | before Mitchell took Fleming’s file, | 在Mitchell拿到Fleming提供的文件前, |
[41:07] | I had a chance to look through it. | 我有机会翻阅了一遍。 |
[41:14] | I actually removed a folder. | 实际上,我抽走了一个文件夹。 |
[41:31] | That–that bastard. | 那个。。。那个混蛋。 |
[41:40] | Are you accusing me of something? | 你要对我提出起诉吗? |
[41:42] | Of course not. | 当然不会。 |
[41:44] | This is bogus, Helen. | 这是伪造的,Helen |
[41:49] | Fleming was trying to get even. | Fleming |
[41:50] | By the time I clear my name, | 在我洗脱罪名的时候, |
[41:52] | he will have succeeded. | 他就会得逞了。 |
[41:57] | That bastard. | 那个混蛋。 |
[42:06] | Thanks for warning me. | 谢谢你提醒我。 |