时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I’m not sure how I’ll react on the witness stand. | 我说不好我坐上证人席会有什么样的反应。 |
[00:03] | Patricia, I know you can do it. | Patricia,我知道你能行的。 |
[00:06] | Mr. MacIntyre– | MacIntyre先生。。。 |
[00:10] | He was like an uncle to me. | 他像我的叔叔一样。 |
[00:12] | This man killed your father. | 这个人杀了你父亲。 |
[00:16] | I don’t want to sound flip, but that isn’t much of an uncle. | 我不想说话过于轻率,但那可算不上什么叔叔。 |
[00:19] | You said that he was linked to organized crime. | 你说他与有组织犯罪有关。 |
[00:21] | You said that he’s killed before. | 你说他以前杀过人。 |
[00:24] | And I’ve tried convicting him once before, | 我以前也试图给他定罪, |
[00:27] | so I’m taking a real personal interest in this case. | 所以我本人对这个案子很感兴趣。 |
[00:31] | But you have to remember, | 但你必须记住 |
[00:32] | the judge ruled MacIntyre’s priors inadmissible. | 法官裁定MacIntyre的前科在庭上不允许提及。 |
[00:37] | The jury can’t hear about his record. | 陪审团听不到他的前科情况。 |
[00:40] | Look, there’s something else we should discuss. | 听着,还有件事我们要讨论。 |
[00:44] | One of our witnesses– the better of the two– | 我们的一个证人。。。两个证人中较为有力的那个。。。 |
[00:48] | just left town. | 刚离开本市。 |
[00:50] | Her mother’s in critical condition | 她的妈妈在佛罗里达因一起车祸而状况危急。 |
[00:51] | after a car accident in Florida. | 她的妈妈在佛罗里达因一起车祸而状况危急。 |
[00:53] | Meaning? | 这意味着? |
[00:55] | Well, if we’re unable to get her back in time, | 呃,如果我们无法及时让她回来。 |
[00:58] | we’ll be depending even more on your testimony, | 我们会更加依赖你的证词, |
[01:01] | as well as the testimony of the other witness, Charles Rossi. | 还有另一个证人,Charles Rossi的证词。 |
[01:05] | Mr. Rossi– “Charlie’s” good enough. | – Rossi先生。。。 – 叫我Charlie就行。 |
[01:08] | Bobby Donnell. | 我是Bobby Donnell。 |
[01:09] | Appreciate you coming in. Please, sit down. | 感谢你来这里,请坐。 |
[01:15] | It’s been a long day. I’ll get straight to it. | 今天忙了一天,我就开门见山吧。 |
[01:18] | We’ve been trying to get a hold of you for over two months. | 我们这两个多月一直想找你谈。 |
[01:21] | Suddenly you call out of the blue | 但你突然出乎意料地给我们打电话 |
[01:23] | and ask to see us right away. | 要求立刻见面。 |
[01:24] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事? |
[01:28] | I’ve never been asked to be a witness in a trial, | 我从未被要求出庭作证。 |
[01:31] | so I didn’t know what to do, | 所以我不知道该怎么做, |
[01:33] | but the guy I fingered for the murder– | 但我指认的谋杀案凶手。。。 |
[01:37] | he didn’t do it. | 他没有杀人。 |
[01:41] | What do you mean, “didn’t do it”? | 你说“他没有杀人”是什么意思? |
[01:43] | He’s not the guy. | 他不是那个家伙。 |
[01:44] | Look, I originally picked him | 听我说,我最初从一堆照片里把他挑出来,但我弄错了 |
[01:46] | out of a bunch of photographs, and I was wrong. | 但我弄错了。 |
[01:50] | And how did you come to realize this? | 你是怎么意识到这一点的? |
[01:52] | Today’s newspaper. I saw MacIntyre’s picture. | 今天的报纸上。我看到MacIntyre的照片了。 |
[01:55] | The guy that night– he looked different. | 他看起来不像。。。。当晚那个家伙 |
[01:59] | Did you tell the district attorney? | 你跟地区检察官说了吗? |
[02:01] | No. I wasn’t sure where to go. | 没有,我不确定该去找谁。 |
[02:05] | You are the ones representing MacIntyre, right? | 你们是MacIntyre的代理律师,对吗? |
[02:09] | Mr. Rossi– Charlie– | Rossi先生。。。Charlie。。。 |
[02:11] | you testified before the Grand Jury | 你在大陪审团面前作证了 |
[02:13] | that you saw our client leaving the scene of the crime. | 称你看到我们的当事人离开了犯罪现场。 |
[02:16] | Now you’re telling me that you were mistaken. | 现在你告诉我你弄错了。 |
[02:19] | What’s to say you won’t change your testimony tomorrow | 谁知道你明天作证的时候不会又改变证词呢? |
[02:21] | when you take the stand? | 谁知道你明天作证的时候不会又改变证词呢? |
[02:23] | Mr. Donnell, this guy, MacIntyre | Donnell先生,这个MacIntyre, |
[02:27] | didn’t kill anyone here. | 根本没杀人。 |
[02:29] | And I don’t think someone should go to jail | 我觉得没人应该为了他没做过的事进监狱。 |
[02:31] | for something they didn’t do. | 我觉得没人应该为了他没做过的事进监狱。 |
[02:42] | What do you think? | 你怎么看? |
[02:44] | I think we don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. | 我觉得我们不应对这份大礼吹毛求疵。 |
[02:48] | How about getting a statement? | 让他写个陈述如何? |
[02:49] | Not on our client’s life. | 绝对不行。 |
[02:51] | We’d be obligated to tell the DA. | 那样的话我们就有义务要通知检方。 |
[02:54] | This is Michael MacIntyre’s lucky day. | 这真是Michael MacIntyre的幸运日。 |
[03:54] | We have been over this. I want to take the stand. | 我们已经讨论过了。我想站起来出庭作证。 |
[03:57] | You do that, and your record could come in. | 你那样做的话,你的前科就会被抖出来。 |
[03:59] | I don’t care! You should care. | – 我不在乎! – 你应该在乎。 |
[04:01] | You were tried once for killing your former business partner, | 你曾经因为杀了从前的生意伙伴而受审过一次, |
[04:04] | and now you’re on trial | 而今你又因杀了现在的生意伙伴而受审。 |
[04:05] | for killing your current business partner. | 而今你又因杀了现在的生意伙伴而受审。 |
[04:07] | Even though you were acquitted, there’s a chance | 即使你那次被宣判无罪, |
[04:10] | the judge would let the prosecution ask about it. | 法官可能会允许控方提及此事,这是有风险的。 |
[04:12] | Jimmy’s right. | Jimmy说得对。 |
[04:13] | We do not want to open the door on prior bad acts | 我们不希望引出先前的不良行为 |
[04:15] | or pattern evidence. | 或者行为模式方面的证据。 |
[04:17] | Look, there is good news. | 听着,好消息是。 |
[04:20] | One of their witnesses, a man named Charles Rossi, | 他们的一个证人,一个叫Charles Rossi的人 |
[04:22] | came to our office last night | 昨晚到我们事务所告诉我们他认错了你。 |
[04:24] | and told us he misidentified you. | 昨晚到我们事务所告诉我们他认错了你。 |
[04:28] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地。 |
[04:29] | Don’t get too excited. | 别太激动了。 |
[04:31] | The prosecution still has another witness. | 控方还有另一个证人。 |
[04:33] | Well, didn’t they just lose half their case? | 那好,他们输了一半了是吗? |
[04:40] | Michael, we need to ask. | Michael,我们需要谈谈。 |
[04:44] | Any idea why this witness is backing off his ID? | 为什么这个证人要撤回他的指认,你知道些什么吗? |
[04:49] | You think I threatened him? I’m sitting in prison. | 你觉得我恐吓他了?我蹲在监狱里。 |
[04:53] | As officers of the court, we can’t get involved | 作为法律工作者,我们不能涉及到 |
[04:55] | in any kind of conspiracy to threaten a witness. | 以任何形式威胁证人的阴谋中。 |
[04:58] | Look, I hung with the wrong kind. | 听着,我是交友不慎。 |
[05:02] | I made some big mistakes. | 我也犯了一些大错。 |
[05:04] | But I haven’t been connected to any of that in years. | 但我这些年来都没有跟那种事扯在一起。 |
[05:08] | Then why would he come to us instead of the DA? | 那为什么他不去找检察官而来找我们? |
[05:10] | How do I know?! I don’t know! | 我怎么会知道?我不知道! |
[05:12] | For the last time, I didn’t threaten anyone! | 我最后说一次,我没有威胁任何人! |
[05:15] | Okay. No, it’s not okay. | – 那好吧。 – 不,不行。 |
[05:18] | I need to know that you’re gonna be there fighting for me. | 我必须要知道你会在法庭上为我而战。 |
[05:22] | Michael, you hired us to do a job. | Michael,你雇我们来做这份工作。 |
[05:27] | We’ll do that job. | 我们会做好的。 |
[05:30] | I just want to make sure that you’re comfortable with me. | 我只是想确定你们会和我相处融洽。 |
[05:39] | Philly, what happened? | Philly,怎么回事? |
[05:41] | I was walking past this jewelry store, | 我路过一个珠宝店, |
[05:44] | and I saw the most beautiful watch. | 我看到非常漂亮的手表。 |
[05:46] | I-I couldn’t help myself. | 我。。。我实在忍不住了。 |
[05:48] | You’ve never done anything like this. | 你以前从没有干过这样的事。 |
[05:51] | You scalp tickets. You run poker games. | 你卖黄牛票,你赌钱。 |
[05:53] | I know, I know, but the watch– it was a Breitling Chrono. | 我知道,我知道,但这块表。。。是Breitling计时码表呀。 |
[05:57] | Shiny gold plate, three dials, the whole deal– | 闪亮的金表框,三个表盘,重要的是。。。 |
[06:00] | goes for two large. | |
[06:01] | And you thought you’d just waltz out of the store with it? | 你觉得你能拿着表大摇大摆地从店里出去? |
[06:04] | The salesman was busy with another customer. | 销售员正忙着接待另一位顾客。 |
[06:06] | I thought I could outrun him. | 我觉得我跑得比他快。 |
[06:09] | And what’s with the written statement? | 这份书面陈述是怎么回事? |
[06:10] | The cops caught me half a block away | 警察在办个街区外把我人赃俱获。 |
[06:13] | with the watch in my pocket. | 警察在办个街区外把我人赃俱获。 |
[06:16] | Philly, this just doesn’t make sense. | Philly,这说不通呀。 |
[06:19] | You’re not a thief. I know you. | 你不是个小偷,我了解你的。 |
[06:21] | I got desperate. I needed the money bad, | 我走投无路了。我急需钱, |
[06:23] | so I did something stupid. | 所以我做了件蠢事。 |
[06:25] | Grand larceny– pretty stupid. | 是巨额盗窃案。。。相当的愚蠢。 |
[06:30] | You may not get out of this without some time. | 你可能躲不过牢狱之灾了 |
[06:33] | How much time? | 会关多久? |
[06:34] | If we go to trial, more than if we plead, | 如果我们上庭,会比你认罪还判得多些。 |
[06:36] | but I don’t mean just a couple of months at a corrections house. | 但我的意思并不是说只在教养院呆几个月的时间。 |
[06:40] | We could be talking years at Walpole. | 我们谈的可能是在Walpole监狱服刑几年。 |
[06:42] | And at your age and your condition– | 考虑到你这个年龄和你的身体状况。。。 |
[06:44] | I’ll do all right. You don’t worry about me. | 我确实没事,你不必担心我。 |
[06:48] | Philly, are you okay? You don’t look well. | Philly,你还好吗?你看起来可不怎么样。 |
[06:51] | I’m just– I’m just scared, that’s all. | 我只是。。。只是有些害怕,仅此而已。 |
[06:55] | Don’t worry. I’ll get to work on this. | 别担心了,我会着手处理的。 |
[06:59] | As you can see, I’m a little buried at the moment. | 你都看到了,我现在有点被忙不过来了。 |
[07:02] | Just two minutes– Philly Sidlow, grand larceny. | 就两分钟。。。Philly Sidlow,巨额盗窃案。 |
[07:06] | Right. Um, we need to talk. | 可以,呃,我们需要讨论一下。 |
[07:09] | Good, because there’s no point going to trial. | 那好,因为这案子没有必要上庭。 |
[07:10] | Philly’s an older guy, he’s harmless, | Philly是个老家伙了,他不会造成什么危害 |
[07:12] | all his priors are misdemeanor ticket scalping. | 他以前的前科只是倒卖黄牛票这样的轻罪 |
[07:14] | Lindsay, hold on. Um… | Lindsay,等一下,嗯。。。 |
[07:16] | The watch your client lifted– | 你的当事人偷的那块表。。。 |
[07:18] | We lost it. | 我们给弄丢了。 |
[07:20] | You lost it? | 你们弄丢了? |
[07:21] | Somewhere between booking | 在从登记处转到证据室过程中不见了。 |
[07:23] | and the evidence room, it disappeared. | 在从登记处转到证据室过程中不见了。 |
[07:25] | You know, quite frankly, I would like to check the wrists of every cop in Boston. | 你知道,坦白地说,我想把波士顿的所有警察都查一遍。 |
[07:28] | Then you got no case. Don’t tell me a jury will convict without– | 那你这个案子也不存在了,别指望陪审团会做出有罪判决。。。 |
[07:31] | Wait. Lindsay, your guy confessed. | 别急,Lindsay,你的当事人已经坦白了。 |
[07:34] | And I’ll argue that he was suffering from early dementia | 我要说明他患有早期痴呆症,他不知道他供述的是什么。 |
[07:37] | and didn’t know what he was confessing to. | 我要说明他患有早期痴呆症,他不知道他供述的是什么。 |
[07:40] | Jean, come on. | Jean,算了吧。 |
[07:41] | You’ve lost the evidence, | 你们已经弄丢了证物。 |
[07:43] | and you obviously have bigger fish to fry. | 而且明摆着你还有更重要的事要办。 |
[07:45] | Please? Favor bank? | 拜托了,给我记上一笔人情好吗? |
[07:48] | I’ll owe you. I’m serious. | 算我欠你的,我是当真的。 |
[07:53] | All right. I’ll plead it to petty larceny, time served. | 那好吧,我会当成轻微盗窃罪处理,服刑期已满。 |
[07:56] | He walks now? | 现在可以放了他吗? |
[07:58] | Yes, but you do owe me. | 是的,但你欠我个人情。 |
[08:01] | I’m serious. | 我也是当真的。 |
[08:05] | CHARLIE: I was leaving the school around 8:00. | 我大概是8点离开学校 |
[08:08] | I’m a custodian at John Adams. | 我是John Adams学校的看门人。 |
[08:10] | I was walking down Holden on my way to the bus, | 我沿着Holden路走着去坐公交车。 |
[08:13] | when I saw this guy coming out of the house. | 那时我看见有个人跑出房子。 |
[08:16] | Did you get a good look at him? | 你看清楚了吗? |
[08:17] | Yeah, I did. | 是的,我看清楚了。 |
[08:19] | Do you see the man here in the courtroom? | 你在法庭上看到这个人了吗? |
[08:22] | No. | 没有。 |
[08:26] | Mr. Rossi, is the man you identified for the police | Rossi先生,你向警方和检方 |
[08:31] | and the District Attorney present today in this courtroom? | 指认出的那个人今天在法庭上吗? |
[08:34] | The guy I identified is sitting right over there, | 我指认出的那个人就坐在那里。 |
[08:38] | but what I’m trying to tell you is | 但我要告诉你的是 |
[08:40] | that’s not who I saw running that night. | 他不是那个当晚我看到的人。 |
[08:42] | Mr. Rossi, did you or did you not testify | Rossi先生,在Hayde先生被杀一个月后 |
[08:45] | in front of the Grand Jury one month after Mr. Hayden’s murder? | 你是否在大陪审团做过证吗? |
[08:49] | I did. While in front of the Grand Jury… | – 我做过证 – 在大陪审团面前。。。 |
[08:53] | …were these your truthful responses? | 。。。你是这样回答的吗? |
[08:55] | “Question– ‘Is this the man you saw running | 问题。。。“你看到跑出Hayden先生家的人是这个人吗?” |
[08:58] | from Mr. Hayden’s house?’ | 问题。。。“你看到跑出Hayden先生家的人是这个人吗?” |
[09:00] | Answer– ‘Yes.’ | 回答。。。“是的” |
[09:02] | Question– ‘Are you sure?’ | 问题。。。“你确定吗?” |
[09:04] | Answer– ‘One hundred percent sure.'” | 回答。。。“百分百确定” |
[09:08] | Now, Mr. Rossi, were those your responses? | 那么,Rossi先生,你是这么回答的吗? |
[09:14] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[09:16] | Do you remember sitting in my office two days ago, | 你还记得两天前在我的办公室 |
[09:18] | discussing this case? Listen… | – 讨论过这个案子吗? – 听我说 |
[09:20] | I saw Mr. MacIntyre’s photo in the newspaper yesterday morning, | 我昨天早上在报纸上看到了MacIntyre先生的照片, |
[09:24] | and he just isn’t who I saw that night. | 他真的不是我当晚看到的那个人。 |
[09:27] | That night you were five feet from the suspect | 当晚你在光线很好的街上离嫌犯只有五英尺远 |
[09:30] | on a well-lit street. | 当晚你在光线很好的街上离嫌犯只有五英尺远 |
[09:32] | Now you are changing your mind | 而现在你在看到了报纸上的一张黑白照片后改了主意? |
[09:34] | after seeing a black-and-white newspaper photo? | 而现在你在看到了报纸上的一张黑白照片后改了主意? |
[09:37] | Yes. | 是这样的。 |
[09:39] | Did you discuss with anyone your appearance here today? | 你就今天出庭的事,和谁讨论过? |
[09:42] | I talked to my sister and Mr. Donnell and Mr. Berluti. | 我和我的姐姐,还有Donnell和Berluti先生谈过。 |
[09:46] | You told defense counsel but not the prosecution? | 你跟辩方律师而不是和检方谈论此事? |
[09:50] | Their names were in the paper along with MacIntyre. | 他们的名字和MacIntyre一起出现在报纸上。 |
[09:52] | I thought they should know. | 我想他们应该知道。 |
[09:54] | Mr. Rossi, were you paid to change your testimony today? | Rossi先生,你是因收取了报酬而改变证词吗? |
[09:59] | No. Were you threatened into doing so? | – 没有。 – 你是因受到威胁而改变证词吗? |
[10:02] | No. Why don’t you understand? | 没有。你怎么就不明白呢? |
[10:04] | You people have got the wrong guy, | 你们抓错了人, |
[10:06] | and I’m just trying to do the right thing. | 我只不过是要做出正确的事而已。 |
[10:07] | Your Honor, I have nothing further for this witness. | 法官大人,我没有要问的问题了。 |
[10:10] | People reserve the right to recall. | 检方保留再次对其传唤的权力。 |
[10:12] | Very well, then. We’ll reconvene in the morning. | 好吧,那么。我们明天早上再次开庭。 |
[10:26] | What the hell was that? HELEN: How do I know? | – 到底怎么回事? – 我怎么知道? |
[10:28] | Two days ago the guy was completely on board, | 两天前这家伙还完全在我们这边, |
[10:31] | but now he’s either confused or scared. | 但现在他不是真弄错了就是害怕了。 |
[10:33] | He was reached by MacIntyre, damn it, | 他是被MacIntyre找到了,见鬼, |
[10:35] | and you couldn’t pull him back. | 而你没能把他拉回来。 |
[10:37] | Yesterday we had two witnesses who could make MacIntyre. | 昨天我们还有两个证人可以指证MacIntyre。 |
[10:40] | Today one’s pissed back on us, | 今天一个背弃了我们 |
[10:42] | and the other one’s in Florida, for God’s sake! | 而另一个在佛罗里达,天啊! |
[10:46] | I want you to get a material-witness warrant | 我要你申请一份关键证人出庭令 |
[10:49] | and have the Florida sheriff pick that woman up now. | 让佛罗里达警方现在就把那个女人弄回来 |
[10:51] | I’ve already threatened her with that. | 我已经那样威胁过她了。 |
[10:53] | She says if we follow through she won’t talk at all. | 她说要是我们坚持这样干,她就什么也不说了。 |
[10:56] | How bad is her mother? | 她母亲情况有多糟? |
[10:57] | Day-to-day. Who knows? | 还是那样,谁知道呢? |
[11:01] | Listen, I know you’ve never fully recovered | 听着,我知道你还对MacIntyre先前的那个案子耿耿于怀。。。 |
[11:03] | from the earlier case where MacIntyre– | 听着,我知道你还对MacIntyre先前的那个案子耿耿于怀。。。 |
[11:05] | Where’s Rossi now? | Rossi现在在哪儿? |
[11:07] | We’ve still got him. He’s outside. | 我们还扣着他呢,他就在外面。 |
[11:10] | Get him in here. | 带他进来。 |
[11:13] | They lost the watch? | 他们把表弄丢了? |
[11:16] | Somebody at the police station must have cuffed it. | 一定是警察局的某个人把表顺走了。 |
[11:18] | Then, what– I’m looking at a couple of months? | 那么。。。我会被判刑几个月吗? |
[11:20] | Philly, they pled it down to a misdemeanor. | Philly,他们把这个案子降为轻微盗窃罪了。 |
[11:25] | You don’t have to serve any time. | 你不必再服刑了。 |
[11:27] | But I copped to it. I confessed. | 但我承认了,我坦白过了。 |
[11:29] | You’re not understanding me. | 你没理解我说的。 |
[11:31] | Once the plea is entered, the case is over. | 一旦认罪被接受,案子就完事了。 |
[11:36] | I was just– | 我只是。。。 |
[11:38] | This– this threw me for a loop is all. | 这。。。这真出乎我的意料。 |
[11:41] | Here I was– I was thinking “Walpole,” | 我。。。我想到了“Walpole” |
[11:44] | and you gave me a second life. | 你让我重生了。 |
[11:47] | I appreciate you getting me kicked. | 我很感激你把我弄出来。 |
[11:49] | You dodged a bullet. | 你躲开了一场大难。 |
[11:52] | Stay away from this kind of thing, okay? | 离这些事远点吧,好吗? |
[11:53] | Yeah, yeah. | 好的,好的。 |
[11:57] | What are you talking about? Why would I need a lawyer? | 你们说什么呢?为什么我会需要一个律师? |
[11:59] | Perjury carries a maximum sentence of 20 years, Mr. Rossi. | 伪证罪会带来多达20年的判刑,Rossi先生。 |
[12:03] | What perjury? I made a mistake, that’s all. | 什么伪证罪?我认错了人,无非如此。 |
[12:07] | We don’t think so. | 我们可不这么认为。 |
[12:10] | Are you going to arrest me? | 你们要逮捕我吗? |
[12:11] | ‘Cause if you’re not, I’m leaving. | 要是你们不逮捕我的话,我要走了。 |
[12:12] | Sit down. | 坐下。 |
[12:13] | I don’t have to stay if you’re not gonna– | 你要是不打算逮捕我,我可不必。。。 |
[12:14] | Sit down and shut up. | 坐下,闭嘴。 |
[12:24] | You think you’re smarter than me. | 你以为你比我聪明。 |
[12:26] | Prisons are full of guys | 监狱里到处都有人觉得比我聪明。 |
[12:28] | who thought they were smarter than me. | 监狱里到处都有人觉得比我聪明。 |
[12:30] | I’m the chief prosecutor for the DA, | 我是地检的首席检察官。 |
[12:32] | and that means I have the authority to do whatever I want. | 这意味着我有权为所欲为。 |
[12:37] | You just screwed me over in this case, | 你刚在这案子上把我骗惨了。 |
[12:40] | and if MacIntyre walks because of it, | 如果MacIntyre因此脱罪, |
[12:41] | I’m gonna take that very personally. | 我会把这事当作个人恩怨来处理。 |
[12:44] | And here’s what’ll happen– | 那会发生的事就是。。。 |
[12:45] | first, I’ll open a grand jury investigation, | 首先,我会启动大陪审团调查程序, |
[12:49] | and I’ll subpoena everyone who hates your guts. | 而且我会传唤每一个恨你入骨的人来作证。 |
[12:52] | And when I’m through with them, you will be indicted for perjury | 当我做完这些后,你会被指控作伪证和妨碍司法公正。 |
[12:56] | and obstruction of justice. | 当我做完这些后,你会被指控作伪证和妨碍司法公正。 |
[12:58] | Then I’m gonna convict your ass | 然后我会给你这个蠢货定罪, |
[13:00] | and personally recommend the maximum sentence be doubled. | 亲自建议在最高刑期上翻倍。 |
[13:04] | And off you’ll go to the toughest prison in the state, | 然后你就要去这个州里最暴力的监狱, |
[13:08] | where I’ll see to it that you’re thrown into the general population | 在那里我会看着你被扔到没有特殊待遇的普通犯人中 |
[13:11] | for the length of your term. | 熬完你的刑期。 |
[13:15] | Whatever weight you’re feeling from the other side, | 无论你从另一边感受到什么压力, |
[13:19] | it’s nothing compared to the load I’m going to bring. | 都没法跟我要给你的相比。 |
[13:26] | Mr. Rossi… | Rossi先生。。。 |
[13:31] | Okay. Well… | 那好,这个。。。 |
[13:36] | Let me think about it. | 容我想想。 |
[13:37] | You have seven hours. | 给你七个小时。 |
[13:39] | If you need protection, we’ll give it to you. | 如果你需要保护,我会为你安排的。 |
[13:42] | And I’m sure you’ll do– how did you put it– | 我敢肯定你会做。。。你是怎么说来着。。。 |
[13:45] | the right thing? | 正确的事吗? |
[13:47] | Yeah. | 嗯。 |
[13:49] | Can I go now? | 我现在能走了吗? |
[13:51] | Sure. | 当然可以。 |
[14:01] | Hope this works. | 希望这有作用。 |
[14:03] | It better. | 不止。 |
[14:18] | How you doing? | 你还好吗? |
[14:19] | I’m missing a three-hour lecture on Chaucer. | 我错过一个有关Chaucer的三个小时的讲座 |
[14:24] | The Wife of Bath’s tale is the best. | 贵妇人Bath历险记是最好的一个故事, |
[14:25] | It’s the bawdiest one. | 但也是最下流的一个。 |
[14:30] | You’re gonna do great up there. | 你在证人席上会做得很好的。 |
[14:34] | I know it didn’t go well yesterday, but… | 我知道昨天不太顺利,但是。。。 |
[14:37] | …I’m ready to testify, Ms. Gamble. | 。。。Gamble女士,我准备好了。 |
[14:39] | I’m really ready. | 我真的准备好了。 |
[14:40] | I know. | 我知道。 |
[14:48] | Mr. MacIntyre was my dad’s business partner. | MacIntyre先生是我父亲的生意伙伴。 |
[14:52] | They owned three body shops together for almost five years. | 他们近五年在一起开了三家实体店。 |
[14:56] | How would you characterize their relationship? | 你会如何描述他们的关系? |
[14:58] | It started off fine, but just before my dad was killed, | 开始不错,但就在我父亲被杀前, |
[15:03] | he told me that– Objection– hearsay. | – 他告诉我。。。 – 反对,传闻证据 |
[15:05] | Sustained. | 反对有效。 |
[15:06] | Patricia, did you ever overhear | Patricia,你可曾听到过被告威胁你的父亲吗? |
[15:09] | the defendant threaten your father? | Patricia,你可曾听到过被告威胁你的父亲吗? |
[15:11] | Yes. Two days before he was killed. | 是的。他被杀前两天。 |
[15:15] | I came home early from school. | 我放学回家比较早。 |
[15:17] | I went into the kitchen through the back door. | 我从后门走进厨房。 |
[15:20] | My father and Mr. MacIntyre were in the next room arguing. | 我父亲和MacIntyre先生在隔壁房间争吵。 |
[15:24] | Was it a violent fight? | 是很激烈的争吵吗? |
[15:25] | Yes. There was a lot of screaming. | 是的,是大声的喊叫。 |
[15:28] | I didn’t hear everything, | 我什么也听不清。 |
[15:29] | but my father was accusing Mr. MacIntyre of stealing money | 但我父亲指责MacIntyre先生偷钱并篡改账目。 |
[15:33] | and doctoring the books. | 但我父亲指责MacIntyre先生偷钱并篡改账目。 |
[15:35] | He said he was going to sue. | 他说他要去起诉。 |
[15:37] | What did the defendant say? | 被告说了什么? |
[15:39] | He was really mad. | 他真的疯了。 |
[15:41] | He told my dad that he could go ahead and sue | 他告诉我爸爸他可以去起诉 |
[15:43] | but that he wouldn’t live to see it through, | 但他不会活着看到结果, |
[15:45] | that he’d kill him first. | 因为他会先杀了他。 |
[15:47] | Ms. Hayden, tell us what happened | Hayden女士,跟我们说说 |
[15:50] | the night your father was killed. | 你父亲被杀的那天晚上发生的事。 |
[15:52] | I came home late. | 我回家很晚。 |
[15:56] | I went inside and found my father lying on the kitchen floor. | 我进屋后发现我父亲躺在厨房的地板上。 |
[16:00] | There was blood everywhere. | 到处都是血。 |
[16:03] | And he was– he was gulping for air, trying to breathe. | 他。。。他大口大口地喘着气,想要呼吸。 |
[16:08] | By the time the EMTs arrived, it was too late. | 当急救人员到达时,已经太迟了。 |
[16:16] | You say your father thought my client was stealing from his business. | 你说你父亲认为我的当事人从他们的生意里偷钱。 |
[16:20] | Did he go to the police? | 他报警了吗? |
[16:21] | My father always gave people the benefit of the doubt. | 我父亲一直是先认为别人是无辜的。 |
[16:24] | He had no proof Mr. MacIntyre was stealing. | 他没有MacIntyre先生偷钱的证据。 |
[16:27] | So it’s possible there was no theft on my client’s part? | 所以我的当事人可能没有偷钱? |
[16:30] | I only know what I heard that night. | 我只知道我那晚所听到的。 |
[16:32] | And you say Mr. MacIntyre threatened your father’s life. | 但你说MacIntyre先生威胁你父亲的生命安全。 |
[16:35] | You believed that was a serious threat, didn’t you? | 你认为那是一个严重的威胁,不是吗? |
[16:37] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[16:38] | Why didn’t you report this | 你为什么不向警方报告这个严重的威胁? |
[16:40] | serious threat to the police? | 你为什么不向警方报告这个严重的威胁? |
[16:42] | My father said he wasn’t afraid. | 我父亲说他不害怕 |
[16:43] | In fact, you only reported this argument | 实际上,你只是在你父亲死后一周后 |
[16:45] | weeks after your father died. | 才说出这次争吵的情况。 |
[16:48] | At first the police told me | 起初警察跟我说 |
[16:50] | my father was the victim of an intruder. | 我父亲是被入室行窃的人伤害的。 |
[16:53] | But I didn’t believe it. | 但我不这么认为。 |
[16:54] | Why not? Your house has been burglarized twice | 为什么?你们家在过去三年内 |
[16:57] | in the last three years, isn’t that correct? | 被入室行窃了两次,不对吗? |
[16:58] | Yes, but– | 是的,但是。。。 |
[17:00] | And six weeks before your father died, | 在你父亲死前六周, |
[17:02] | you called the police to report someone looking in your window. | 你报警说有人在往你窗户里看。 |
[17:04] | Isn’t that correct? My father wasn’t– | – 不对吗? – 我父亲不是被。。。 |
[17:06] | The police felt your father was killed confronting a burglar | 警方直到你使他们相信另有别情前, |
[17:10] | until you convinced them otherwise. | 都觉得你父亲是在和窃贼对抗时被杀的。 |
[17:12] | It wasn’t a burglar. | 那不是入室的窃贼。 |
[17:14] | Ms. Hayden… I feel for your loss, | Hayden女士。。。我为你失去亲人感到难过。 |
[17:18] | but isn’t it possible that you’re wrong about my client? | 但有没有可能你误解了我的当事人? |
[17:22] | No. | 不可能。 |
[17:23] | There is no direct evidence | 没有把你父亲的死和MacIntyre先生联系起来的直接证据。 |
[17:25] | linking Mr. MacIntyre to your father’s death. | 没有把你父亲的死和MacIntyre先生联系起来的直接证据。 |
[17:28] | One witness even recanted, admitting he made a mistake. | 一个证人甚至改口了,承认他犯了一个错误。 |
[17:33] | Isn’t it possible you made one, too? | 你不是有也可能弄错了吗? |
[17:51] | Philly… | |
[17:52] | Listen, I– I got jammed up again. | 听着,我。。。我又搞砸了。 |
[17:54] | I’m really busy. I held up a convenience store. | – 我实在是很忙。 – 我抢了一家便利店。 |
[18:00] | Lucy, will you get the Vorenbergs some coffee, maybe something to eat? | Lucy,你可以给Vorenberg夫妇送一些咖啡,或者一些吃的吗? |
[18:02] | That’ll go over big since you were 40 minutes late starting. | 从你开始晚了40分钟了,这就太过分了。 |
[18:05] | Just stall. | 只管拖住他们。 |
[18:11] | Philly, what’s going on? | Philly,怎么回事? |
[18:14] | What’s with you? | 你怎么了? |
[18:15] | I told you, I need money. I’m desperate. | 我告诉过你,我需要钱。我走投无路了。 |
[18:17] | That wasn’t just going away. | 这种处境不会改变的。 |
[18:20] | You held up a store. Did anyone get hurt? | 你抢了一家店,有人受伤吗? |
[18:24] | No. I could go to the federal pen for this, right? | 没有。我可能去联邦监狱,对吧? |
[18:27] | No, this is a state crime. What’s the difference? | – 不,这是州管辖的犯罪行为。 – 有什么区别? |
[18:30] | To get sent to federal prison, you have to commit a federal crime, like robbing a bank. | 要被送进联邦监狱,你必须犯下联邦罪,比如抢劫银行。 |
[18:33] | Look– forget that. But how much time am I looking at? | – 听我说。。。 – 别指望了。 – 我会被判多久? |
[18:36] | Did you use a gun? It depends. | – 你持枪了吗? – 那得看情况。 |
[18:38] | What? Yeah, okay, I used a gun. | – 什么? – 那好吧,我用枪了。 |
[18:40] | When did you do this, last night? | 你什么时候干的,昨晚? |
[18:42] | Does it make a difference? | 这也有区别吗? |
[18:45] | Philly, you’re not making any sense. | Philly,我被你弄蒙了。 |
[18:47] | Lindsay, please, just help me out here. | Lindsay,求你了,帮我摆脱困境吧。 |
[18:51] | Look, if you’re in trouble or you need money, | 听着,如果你有麻烦或者缺钱, |
[18:53] | maybe I can help, | 我也许可以帮你, |
[18:55] | but only if you tell me what’s really going on. | 但只能在你告诉我到底发生了什么的情况下。 |
[19:00] | I’m losing the Vorenbergs. | 我要拖不住Vorenberg夫妇了。 |
[19:01] | Should I move on to card tricks or balloon animals? | 我是不是该给他们玩变魔术呀? |
[19:04] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上就到。 |
[19:05] | I need to think about this. | 我需要考虑一下。 |
[19:06] | W-Where are you– I gotta go. | – 你。。。你要去哪儿。。。 – 我得走了。 |
[19:12] | Philly! | |
[19:32] | I had a uniformed officer waiting at his place all day, | 我让一个穿制服的警官整天在他家等着, |
[19:34] | but he never showed. | 但他从未露面。 |
[19:36] | Then we got this call. | 然后我们接到通知。 |
[19:40] | Shot once in the neck. | 脖子中了一枪。 |
[19:43] | Probably bled out in only a few minutes. Witnesses? | – 可能几分钟血就流干了。 – 有目击证人吗? |
[19:46] | We’re canvassing, but in a neighborhood like this, | 我们在找,但像这样一个街区, |
[19:48] | nobody sees anything. Any leads at all? | – 没人会看到的。 – 有什么线索吗? |
[19:52] | His wallet’s missing. | 他的钱包没了。 |
[19:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢。 |
[20:01] | MacIntyre did this, Helen. | MacIntyre干的,Helen。 |
[20:05] | I should have convicted the bastard 12 years ago. | 我本该在12年前给他定罪的。 |
[20:07] | He wouldn’t still be running around killing people. | 他就不会再到处乱跑杀人了。 |
[20:12] | Tomorrow I’ll talk to the judge. | 明天我会和法官谈谈。 |
[20:14] | I’ll be with you. | 我会和你一起去。 |
[20:15] | It’s not a good idea. | 这样不好。 |
[20:16] | You and Wilcox have a history. | 你和Wilcox有过节。 |
[20:18] | I don’t need you bringing baggage in there. | 我不希望你把成见带到那儿。 |
[20:19] | What I’ll bring is the full weight of this office. | 我带去的是这个部门全部的影响力。 |
[20:21] | The judge has to respect that. | 法官必须要予以尊重。 |
[20:24] | I can handle it. I don’t need your help. | 我能应付得了。我不需要你帮忙。 |
[20:26] | I’ll be with you, Helen. End of story. | 我和你一起去,Helen。就这样了。 |
[20:40] | So, Rossi got himself shot. Isn’t that too bad. | 这么说,Rossi害得自己挨了枪,那不是太糟了嘛 |
[20:43] | Do you know anything about this? | 你对这件事有了解吗? |
[20:45] | Of course not. | 当然不知道。 |
[20:46] | You’re not too broken up about it. | 你对此并不感到太失落。 |
[20:48] | What, I’m supposed to feel bad? | 什么,我应该感觉不妙吗? |
[20:51] | This is the guy that caused me all my trouble. | 这是那个给我带来所有这些麻烦的人。 |
[20:54] | So, what now? | 那么,现在怎么办? |
[20:55] | We’re thinking this might be the time | 我们想现在可能是重新进行认罪谈判的时候了。 |
[20:56] | to reopen plea negotiations. | 我们想现在可能是重新进行认罪谈判的时候了。 |
[20:58] | Why? | 为什么? |
[21:00] | Aren’t my chances better now than they were before? | 我现在的机会不比之前更大吗? |
[21:02] | Yes, but there’s always the risk they find new evidence, | 是的,但还是存在他们发现新的证据的风险。 |
[21:06] | and the prosecution still has another witness– | 而且检方还有另一个证人。。。 |
[21:08] | a woman who also says she saw you | 一个也称看到了你从Hayde家的房子跑出来的女人。 |
[21:09] | coming out of Hayden’s house that night. | 一个也称看到了你从Hayde家的房子跑出来的女人。 |
[21:11] | I still like my chances. | 我仍然觉得我机会大。 |
[21:13] | Now more than ever. | 比之前更大。 |
[21:15] | I didn’t kill Rossi, I didn’t kill Hayden. | 我没杀Rossi,也没杀Hayden。 |
[21:19] | And I’m not pleading to anything. | 我不会承认任何罪行的。 |
[21:22] | Your Honor, I move that you declare a mistrial | 法官大人,基于明显不可预见性原则应进行新的审判, |
[21:25] | based on manifest necessity for a new trial. | 我要求您宣布本次审判无效。 |
[21:28] | You can’t retry my client just because your case is falling apart. | 你不能仅仅因为你案子办不下去了就重审我的当事人。 |
[21:31] | If, in fact, a witness is threatened or killed by the defendant, | 实际上,如果被告威胁或杀了一个证人, |
[21:34] | I can declare a mistrial based on manifest necessity, | 我可以根据明显不可预见性原则宣布审判无效, |
[21:38] | and there would be no violation of double jeopardy. | 且并不违反一罪不二审原则。 |
[21:40] | We would start a new trial. | 我们会开始一次新的审判。 |
[21:42] | My client was in custody last night. | 我的当事人昨晚是被拘押的。 |
[21:44] | Your client has extensive criminal connections. | 你的当事人有广泛的犯罪性关联。 |
[21:46] | Old news and circumstantial. | 这都是以往和间接的关联。 |
[21:47] | MacIntyre could have easily had someone | MacIntyre能很容易地找到某个人替他杀人 |
[21:49] | pull the trigger for him. | MacIntyre能很容易地找到某个人替他杀人 |
[21:50] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 那说不通的。 |
[21:52] | Mr. Rossi just testified in my client’s favor. | Rossi先生刚刚作出了对我的当事人有利的证词。 |
[21:55] | Ms. Gamble and I talked with Rossi after he testified. | Gamble女士和我在Rossi作证后和他谈了。 |
[21:57] | We believe he intended to reverse direction | 我们相信他打算改口指证被告。 |
[21:59] | and implicate the defendant. | 我们相信他打算改口指证被告。 |
[22:01] | Well, to be fair, he didn’t explicitly say that. | 好吧,公正地说,他没有明确地说。 |
[22:04] | I think he did. | 我认为他是的。 |
[22:06] | The defendant was trying to lock in his testimony. | 而被告试图使他无法改变证词。 |
[22:10] | Mr. Walsh, I am very troubled by the death of this witness. | Walsh先生,我对这个证人的死亡感到很忧虑。 |
[22:13] | But at this point, you’ve shown me no evidence | 但在这此刻,你没有给我任何证据 |
[22:15] | tying the defendant to the murder. | 把被告与这次谋杀联系起来。 |
[22:17] | Even if I grant your request for a mistrial, | 即使我我同意你的无效审判的请求, |
[22:20] | I’m afraid it won’t stand up on appeal. | 我恐怕在上诉时会站不住脚。 |
[22:23] | Do you have any other witnesses? | 你还有别的证人吗? |
[22:24] | At this point, we intend to call the investigating officer, | 此刻,我们打算传唤调查此案的警官出庭, |
[22:27] | and then we hope to call another witness | 然后我们希望能传唤另一个看到被告离开犯罪现场的证人 |
[22:29] | who saw the defendant running from the crime scene. | 然后我们希望能传唤另一个看到被告离开犯罪现场的证人 |
[22:34] | Very well. The case will proceed. | 很好,这个案子将继续进行。 |
[22:49] | You tied my hands in there. | 你对我进行了干预。 |
[22:50] | If you hadn’t lied about the witness– | 如果你没有在关于证人的问题上撒谎。。。 |
[22:52] | I didn’t lie. | 我没撒谎。 |
[22:54] | Look, now I can’t even try for a continuance | 听着,我现在甚至都无法申请延期审理 |
[22:55] | to get her back here. | 以便把另一个证人弄回来。 |
[22:57] | Wilcox wouldn’t give you one anyway. | Wilcox法官无论如何不会同意你延期的。 |
[23:02] | I’m taking over first chair. | 我来做主控官。 |
[23:04] | Excuse me?! | 你说什么? |
[23:08] | You’re losing, Helen. I’m coming in. | 你不行了,Helen。我现在来接手。 |
[23:11] | You pulling rank on me now? Yes. | – 你现在是对我发号施令吗? – 没错 |
[23:13] | I’m not gonna let this guy get away twice. | 我不会让这家伙逃脱两次的。 |
[23:16] | Now, I’m gonna prep the investigating officer. | 现在,我要去准备负责调查的警官的证词。 |
[23:19] | I’ve done that three times. | 我已经做了三次了 |
[23:21] | But I’m taking him on direct now… | 但现在我亲自负责他。。。 |
[23:22] | so I need to prep him. | 所以我要帮他准备。 |
[23:24] | And I’d like to speak with him…alone. | 而且我想和他谈谈。。。单独的。 |
[23:37] | It says that in Hong Kong, | 据说在香港, |
[23:38] | a betrayed wife is legally allowed | 法律允许一个遭到背叛的妻子 |
[23:40] | to kill her adulterous husband, | 杀掉她那有通奸行为的丈夫, |
[23:42] | but only with her bare hands. | 但只能用徒手的方式。 |
[23:44] | Lucy, I’m gonna use my bare hands if you don’t stop talking… | Lucy,如果你再叨叨没完我就打算徒手。。。 |
[23:47] | Has Philly Sidlow called back? | Philly Sidlo回电话了吗? |
[23:49] | He doesn’t know to call back. | 他不知道怎么回电话。 |
[23:50] | He doesn’t have an answering machine. | 他没有电话答录机。 |
[23:52] | I can’t leave a message. | 我没法留言。 |
[23:53] | Keep calling until you reach him. | 接着打直到联系到他为止。 |
[23:54] | I just called ten minutes ago. | 我十分钟前才打过。 |
[23:58] | Okay. | 那好吧。 |
[23:59] | Lindsay, I’ve been going over Ned Zeman’s deposition– | Lindsay,我一直在核对Ned Zeman的证词。。。 |
[24:01] | Eugene, can we go over this later? | Eugene,我们晚点再谈好吗? |
[24:03] | I’ve got a million and one things to do. | 我有一大堆事要办。 |
[24:04] | Lindsay. Lindsay. | |
[24:06] | It’s him. Him who? | – 是他。 – 是谁? |
[24:08] | Sidlow. | |
[24:12] | Philly, where have you– | Philly,你在哪儿。。。 |
[24:14] | What? Okay, stop talking. | 什么?好了,别说了。 |
[24:16] | That’s right, do not say a word to anybody until I get there. | 是的,在我到那里之前,不要对任何人说话。 |
[24:19] | Yes, I’ll be right there. | 是的,我马上就到。 |
[24:21] | How would you like to go over the Zeman deposition | 你愿意在去警局拘留登记处的路上核对Zeman的证词吗? |
[24:23] | on the way to booking? | 你愿意在去警局拘留登记处的路上核对Zeman的证词吗? |
[24:27] | I didn’t mean for anyone to get hurt. | 我没有故意要伤害谁。 |
[24:29] | You gotta believe me. Philly– – Philly。。。 | – 你们要相信我。 |
[24:32] | You gotta tell ’em, Lindsay. | 你要告诉他们,Lindsay。 |
[24:33] | This is very serious. | 这很严重。 |
[24:35] | I asked Eugene to come with me. | 我请Eugene和我一起来。 |
[24:37] | You don’t have to say it’s serious. | 你不必说这很严重。 |
[24:38] | The cops already told me I could get life! | 警察已经告诉我会判终身监禁! |
[24:40] | Please… | 拜托。。。 |
[24:42] | Let’s go over what happened. | 让我们回顾一下发生的事情。 |
[24:45] | I robbed a bank, like Lindsay said to. | 我抢了一家银行,就像Lindsay教我的那样。 |
[24:48] | Philly! Philly! | |
[24:49] | I never said, “rob a bank.” | 我从来没说过“抢一家银行”。 |
[24:51] | What are you talking about? You did! | – 你在说什么呀? – 你说过的。 |
[24:53] | You even said that I could go to federal prison if I did. | 你甚至说如果我这样做的话,我就可以进联邦监狱。 |
[24:55] | I wasn’t advising you to commit a crime! | 我可不是建议你去犯罪! |
[24:57] | All right, hold on. | 好了,打住吧。 |
[24:59] | I need to know exactly what’s going on. | 我需要知道到底发生了什么。 |
[25:04] | I’ve been sick. Lindsay knows. | 我患了病,Lindsay了解的。 |
[25:08] | I thought it was in remission. | 我以为病情有所缓解 |
[25:10] | Nah. The prostate– it’s spreading. | 不是的,前列腺。。。扩散了。 |
[25:13] | I got this blood disease. | 我得了血液病。 |
[25:15] | I need these transfusions all the time. | 我一直需要输血。 |
[25:18] | Where are you being treated? | 你在哪里进行治疗? |
[25:19] | See, that’s the thing. I’m not. | 知道了吧,就这么回事。我没有治疗。 |
[25:22] | I got no health insurance. | 我没有医保。 |
[25:24] | So unless I’m just about to kick, | 所以除非我是要死了 |
[25:26] | I gotta wait. | 否则我就得等着。 |
[25:28] | So you tried robbing a bank to pay for an operation? | 所以你想抢银行支付手术费用? |
[25:30] | Even if I could get the money, | 即使我能抢到钱, |
[25:32] | they’d still make me wait months! | 他们也要让我等几个月! |
[25:35] | But in federal prison, the doctors– | 但在联邦监狱,医生们。。。 |
[25:36] | they have to work on you right away. | 他们必须要马上对你治疗。 |
[25:39] | Danny Small, from Brockton– big hernia. | Danny Small,Brockton市的。。。疝气。 |
[25:42] | They sent him away for check kiting, | 他们因空头支票骗钱送他进监狱, |
[25:44] | and he was put under the knife that day! | 而他当天就送去开刀了! |
[25:47] | You’ve been trying to get arrested? | 你一直想被捕? |
[25:51] | I got no money, no family. | 我没钱,没亲人。 |
[25:53] | Only a one-room hole in Somerville. | 只在Somerville有个小单间住。 |
[25:55] | They’re tossing me out up at month’s end. | 他们在月底就会把我赶出去 |
[25:58] | And the pain from this cancer… | 加上癌症带来的痛苦。。。 |
[26:02] | It was the only way. | 只有这个办法了。 |
[26:05] | Okay… what happened today? | 那好吧。。。今天怎么回事? |
[26:11] | I went to the bank down the street. | 我走到临街的银行 |
[26:13] | I gave the teller a note asking her to hand over 300 bucks. | 我给出纳员一张纸条,要她交出300多块钱。 |
[26:17] | That’s all. | 就这些。 |
[26:18] | But while she was putting the money in the bag, | 但是当她把钱放在袋子里的时候, |
[26:21] | this guard started walking toward me. | 有个警卫开始朝我走来。 |
[26:23] | Did you have a gun? No. | – 你拿着枪吗? – 没有。 |
[26:26] | But the teller– | 但那个出纳员。。。 |
[26:29] | She tried sticking one of those dye packs in the bag– | 她试着把一个染料包塞在包里。。。 |
[26:32] | the kind that explode. | 那种会爆炸的染料包。 |
[26:34] | Anyway, it must have gone off, | 不管怎么样,那染料包一定是出问题了, |
[26:36] | and the guard must have thought that– | 那个警卫肯定是以为有人开枪。。。 |
[26:38] | He pulled his gun and fired. | 他拔出枪并开了枪。 |
[26:41] | He hit the lady standing behind me. | 他打中了我身后的那个女士。 |
[26:43] | What happened to her? | 她怎么样了? |
[26:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[26:49] | This could be felony murder. | 这可以算是重罪谋杀了。 |
[26:51] | But I didn’t kill anybody! | 但我谁也没杀呀! |
[26:52] | I told you I didn’t even have a gun! | 我跟你说了我连枪都没拿! |
[26:54] | Doesn’t matter. If the woman’s dead, | 跟那无关,如果这个女人死了, |
[26:56] | it happened during the commission of a crime. | 这是发生在犯罪过程中的。 |
[26:59] | I didn’t want anybody to get killed! | 我不想有人死的! |
[27:01] | I didn’t. I– | 我不想。我。。。 |
[27:04] | I just wanted an operation. | 我只是想做手术。 |
[27:07] | That’s all. | 仅此而已。 |
[27:08] | I mean– | 我是说。。。 |
[27:09] | I didn’t– I– (crying) | 我不想。。。我。。。 |
[27:18] | Detective Simons… | Simons警探。。。 |
[27:20] | on the night Mr. Hayden was murdered, | Hayden先生被谋杀的当晚, |
[27:21] | was his house burglarized? | 他家是被入室行窃的吗? |
[27:23] | No. | 不是。 |
[27:24] | How can you be sure? | 你怎么可以这么肯定? |
[27:26] | For one, there were valuables– | 首先,贵重的东西都在。。。 |
[27:29] | jewelry, watches, money– | 珠宝、手表、现金。。。 |
[27:31] | in plain sight and left untouched. | 都在明面上,没有被碰过。 |
[27:33] | Additionally, because of the way that Mr. Hayden was killed. | 此外,是因为Hayden先生被杀的方式。 |
[27:37] | He was shot behind both knees about 30 minutes before | 他在他被击中后脑勺大约30分钟前, |
[27:39] | he was shot in the back of the head. | 被从后面射中双膝。 |
[27:41] | Why is that significant? | 为什么这些很有意义? |
[27:43] | Burglars like to get in, | 入室行窃者一般是进入室内, |
[27:44] | grab what they can, and get out. | 拿到能拿的就走。 |
[27:47] | Whoever killed Mr. Hayden | 不管是谁杀了Hayden先生, |
[27:49] | stuck around to watch him die. | 都为了看着他死去而留在现场。 |
[27:51] | This was personal. | 这是出于个人恩怨的。 |
[27:52] | Objection. Sustained. | – 反对 – 反对有效 |
[27:54] | Only testify as to what you observed, Detective. | 警探,只需说出你所看到的情况。 |
[27:57] | What other evidence connects Mr. MacIntyre | 有别的将MacIntyre先生和Hayden联系起来的证据吗? |
[27:59] | to Mr. Hayden’s murder? | 有别的将MacIntyre先生和Hayden联系起来的证据吗? |
[28:01] | The fact that Mr. MacIntyre was tried for killing | MacIntyre先生因谋杀他先前的生意伙伴而受审的事实。 |
[28:03] | his former business partner. | MacIntyre先生因谋杀他先前的生意伙伴而受审的事实。 |
[28:05] | Objection! JUDGE: Sustained. | – 反对! – 反对有效 |
[28:07] | I am instructing the jury to absolutely disregard | 我指示陪审团要完全忽视证人最后这段陈述。 |
[28:10] | the last statement made by the witness. | 我指示陪审团要完全忽视证人最后这段陈述。 |
[28:12] | Let me be clear– | 我把话说清楚。。。 |
[28:14] | what he said was inadmissible, inappropriate, | 他所说的是不被允许的、不适当的, |
[28:17] | and wholly irrelevant to this case. | 与本案完全无关。 |
[28:20] | You must not refer to it in any way | 你们在审议过程中和得出裁决时不得以任何方式提到这些。 |
[28:22] | during the course of your deliberations | 你们在审议过程中和得出裁决时不得以任何方式提到这些。 |
[28:24] | or in reaching a verdict. | 你们在审议过程中和得出裁决时不得以任何方式提到这些。 |
[28:26] | Counsel– chambers. | 律师。。。到我办公室来。 |
[28:31] | Explain to me right now why I shouldn’t declare a mistrial. | 马上跟我解释一下,为什么我不应宣布审判无效。 |
[28:35] | Your Honor, I had no idea Detective Simons | 法官大人,我不知道Simons警探 |
[28:37] | would bring up Mr. MacIntyre’s record. | 会谈起MacIntyre先生的前科。 |
[28:39] | Who are you kidding? This isn’t even open for debate. | 你在开什么玩笑?这甚至没有公开讨论的余地。 |
[28:42] | My client’s entitled to an immediate mistrial with prejudice. | 我的当事人有权得到无效审判,且不准许再次起诉。 |
[28:44] | He just instructed the jury to ignore the detective’s comment. | 他刚刚指示陪审团忽略那个警探的言论了。 |
[28:48] | The jury will never forget what they heard. | 陪审团永远不会忘记他们所听到的。 |
[28:49] | There’s no way our client will get a fair trial. | 我们的当事人不可能得到公正的审判了。 |
[28:51] | I disagree. Of course you do. | – 我不同意。 – 你当然不同意了。 |
[28:54] | You did this intentionally. | 你是蓄意这样做的。 |
[28:56] | You conspired with the detective. | 你和那个警探串通了。 |
[28:58] | That’s completely untrue! | 完全不是这样的! |
[29:00] | Your case was in the toilet. | 你的案子已经办得倒霉透了。 |
[29:02] | You wanted to restart the trial. | 你想进行重审。 |
[29:04] | If you called for a mistrial, you wouldn’t get a new trial | 如果由你来要求审判无效,你就会因一罪不二审原则 |
[29:06] | because double jeopardy would attach! | 而得不到一次新的审判。 |
[29:08] | So you forced me to call for one, | 所以你逼得我来要求审判无效, |
[29:09] | knowing double jeopardy would not attach. | 因为你知道这样的话,就不适用一罪不二审原则 |
[29:12] | That’s a lie, Your Honor. | 这是瞎扯,法官大人。 |
[29:13] | You have to dismiss with prejudice. | 你必须要宣布撤案并不得重审。 |
[29:14] | You at least need to hold a hearing. | 你至少应该安排一次听证会。 |
[29:16] | I have the right to question Walsh under oath. | 我有权在Walsh宣誓后质问他, |
[29:18] | Let me save you the trouble. | 让我给你省去这些麻烦吧。 |
[29:21] | My question was innocent. | 我对证人的询问是没有问题的。 |
[29:22] | The detective made an error. | 这个警探犯了个错误。 |
[29:24] | I specifically instructed him not to refer | 我特别指示他不要提及MacIntyre的前科。 |
[29:26] | to MacIntyre’s priors. | 我特别指示他不要提及MacIntyre的前科。 |
[29:28] | In no way did I conspire with him. | 我决没有和他勾结。 |
[29:36] | Then I want to put Helen Gamble on the stand. Bobby– – Bobby。。。 | – 那我要传唤Helen Gamble出庭作证。 |
[29:38] | There’s no allegation of misconduct against Ms. Gamble. | 没有针对Gamble女士的不当行为的指控, |
[29:41] | The fact that– | 实际上。。。 |
[29:42] | Your Honor, Mr. Donnell would prefer | 法官大人,Donnell先生更愿意 |
[29:44] | a murderer walk on a technicality. | 用一个技术细节问题让一个谋杀犯脱罪。 |
[29:47] | I’m sure you don’t want to be the one to grant that wish. | 我肯定你不想成为让这个愿望实现的人。 |
[29:49] | Oh, don’t lay this at my doorstep. | 噢,别把责任推给我。 |
[29:52] | I’m appealing to your sense of justice. | 我在呼吁你的正义感。 |
[29:55] | When Mr. MacIntyre killed Mr. Rossi last night, | 当MacIntyre昨晚杀掉Rossi先生时, |
[29:57] | he spit on your court. | 他是在侮辱你的法庭。 |
[30:04] | When we go back out… | 我们回到庭上后。。。 |
[30:07] | I will excuse the jury and clear the room. | 我会让陪审团回避并清场。 |
[30:10] | Then Ms. Gamble will take the stand. | 然后Gamble女士作证。 |
[30:24] | As I’ve already stated, | 我已经说过了, |
[30:26] | I have no proof that Mr. Walsh intended to cause a mistrial. | 我没有证据证明Walsh先生故意造成一场无效审判。 |
[30:29] | Did he ever discuss getting a mistrial | 他有没有谈论过得到一场无效审判 |
[30:31] | so he could restart with a new trial? | 以便他可以重审? |
[30:34] | We never discussed anything like that. | 我们从来没讨论类似的事情。 |
[30:37] | I really don’t think I can help you here, Your Honor. | 我真的不认为我可以帮到你,法官大人。 |
[30:40] | Whatever we discussed is work product. | 不管我们讨论什么,都属于工作内容。 |
[30:42] | Ms. Gamble… in your opinion, | Gamble女士。。。依你看来, |
[30:45] | did Mr. Walsh intend to cause a mistrial? | Walsh先生想要造成无效审判吗? |
[30:48] | Your Honor, I strongly object. | 法官大人,我表示强烈的反对。 |
[30:51] | My colleague has already stated | 我的同僚已经表达过了, |
[30:52] | her opinion is completely irrelevant | 她的看法与此无关且属于不能再法庭上透露的工作内容。 |
[30:54] | and inadmissible work product. | 她的看法与此无关且属于不能再法庭上透露的工作内容。 |
[30:56] | Relax, Mr. Walsh. | 别紧张,Walsh先生。 |
[30:57] | You’re not on trial. There’s no jury here. | 你并不是在被审判,现在也没有陪审团在场。 |
[31:00] | This is a hearing, and I would like to listen | 这是一场听证会,Gamble女士必须要说出些什么来。 |
[31:01] | to what Ms. Gamble has to say. | 因为我想听听。 |
[31:03] | Then, in principle, I object to forcing DAs | 那么原则上,我反对以这种方式 |
[31:06] | to testify in this manner. | 强迫助理检察官作证。 |
[31:08] | Already noted. | 你的意见已记录在案。 |
[31:11] | Ms. Gamble. | Gamble女士 |
[31:13] | Your Honor, it seems the issue does go to my opinion. | 法官大人,这个问题似乎是符合我的看法的。 |
[31:16] | Then I’ll rephrase the question. | 那我要重新表述这个问题。 |
[31:18] | Do you have any basis to believe | 你有理由认为Walsh先生打算造成一次无效审判吗? |
[31:21] | Mr. Walsh did intend to cause a mistrial? | 你有理由认为Walsh先生打算造成一次无效审判吗? |
[31:28] | Yes. Your Honor! | – 是的。 – 法官大人! |
[31:30] | Sit down, Mr. Walsh. | 坐下,Walsh先生。 |
[31:34] | Please explain why you believe this. | 请解释一下你为什么这样认为。 |
[31:37] | We’re having a problem with our other witness. | 我们另一个证人出了问题。 |
[31:40] | She’s in Florida, tending to her hospitalized mother. | 她在佛罗里达,照顾她住院的母亲。 |
[31:44] | It was becoming clear | 事情变得越来越清楚了 |
[31:46] | she probably wouldn’t make it back in time to testify. | 她可能不会及时回来作证了。 |
[31:49] | On top of that, | 除此之外, |
[31:51] | Mr. Walsh made sure to exclude me | 当Walsh先生为Simons警探做作证准备时。 |
[31:53] | when he prepped Detective Simons. | 一定要把我排除在外。 |
[31:55] | He may have been colluding with him at that point. | 在那点上他可能一直在与他串通。 |
[32:00] | I also believe Mr. Walsh has not been candid. | 我还认为Walsh先生一直不坦诚。 |
[32:03] | For example, he suggested that Mr. Rossi | 比如,他劝告Rossi先生意图再次指证MacIntyre。 |
[32:06] | intended to implicate MacIntyre again, | 比如,他劝告Rossi先生意图再次指证MacIntyre。 |
[32:09] | when, in fact, he’s given us no indication either way. | 实际上,在那时,Rossi先生没有给我们任何表示。 |
[32:13] | Your Honor, I insist I be allowed | 法官大人,我坚决要求允许我 |
[32:16] | to cross-examine Ms. Gamble. | 对Gamble进行交叉盘问。 |
[32:20] | Your witness. | 你来问吧 |
[32:24] | Isn’t it true that the witness | 证人可能会及时从佛罗里达赶回来作证 |
[32:26] | could have made it back from Florida | 证人可能会及时从佛罗里达赶回来作证 |
[32:27] | in time to testify? | 不是吗? |
[32:29] | Possible, but unlikely. | 或许吧,但不太可能。 |
[32:31] | And isn’t it also true that we could have asked for a continuance? | 我们可以申请延期审理,这不也是事实吗? |
[32:34] | Could have asked, but when I raised that possibility, | 可以申请,但当我提出这个可能性的时候, |
[32:37] | you rejected it. | 你拒绝了。 |
[32:40] | Do you have any evidence whatsoever | 你有什么证据证明我和Simons警探讨论过一些违法的事情吗? |
[32:42] | that I discussed anything illegal | 你有什么证据证明我和Simons警探讨论过一些违法的事情吗? |
[32:44] | with Detective Simons? | 你有什么证据证明我和Simons警探讨论过一些违法的事情吗? |
[32:45] | No, I don’t. | 我没有。 |
[32:47] | And you have no direct evidence as to what I was thinking? | 而且你没有直接证据证明我在想什么? |
[32:50] | No. | 没有。 |
[32:51] | If you believed I was committing misconduct, | 如果你认为我行为不当, |
[32:55] | wasn’t it your duty, as an officer of the court, to report me? | 作为一名法律工作者,举报我难道不是你的职责吗? |
[32:58] | Maybe I should have. | 也许我应该举报你的。 |
[33:00] | Well, there are just two possibilities– | 嗯,那只有两种可能。。。 |
[33:03] | Either you are complicit in a conspiracy | 要么你参与合谋妨碍司法公正。。。 |
[33:05] | to commit obstruction of justice… | 要么你参与合谋妨碍司法公正。。。 |
[33:08] | …or you are wrong. | 。。。要么就是你弄错了。 |
[33:11] | I wasn’t complicit in a conspiracy. | 我没有参与合谋。 |
[33:16] | But I had concerns. | 但我有些担心。 |
[33:20] | I’ve heard enough. | 我觉得可以了。 |
[33:22] | This is still my witness, Your Honor. | 法官大人,我还没问完。 |
[33:23] | We will take a short recess, | 我们休庭片刻, |
[33:25] | after which, I’ll deliver my decision. | 然后,我会宣布我的裁定。 |
[33:35] | Jean Ward for the Commonwealth. | Jean Ward代表检方。 |
[33:37] | Lindsay Dole for the defense, | Lindsay Dole代表被告, |
[33:39] | waive reading, plead not guilty. | 放弃宣读权利,以无罪答辩。 |
[33:40] | JUDGE: Question of bail. | 保释的问题呢。 |
[33:42] | Before addressing that, Your Honor, | 法官大人,在解决保释问题前, |
[33:43] | the Commonwealth moves to disqualify Ms. Dole. | 检方要求取消Dole女士的资格。 |
[33:46] | She is a material witness about the crime in question. | 她是有关犯罪的关键证人。 |
[33:48] | What witness? I’m his lawyer. | 什么证人?我是他的律师。 |
[33:50] | A conversation Ms. Dole had with the defendant will establish motive. | Dole女士和被告的一次谈话将会确立犯罪动机。 |
[33:53] | Your Honor, Eugene Young, also for the defense. | 法官大人,Eugene Young,也代表辩方。 |
[33:56] | My colleague cannot testify where privilege applies. | 我的同事不能在保密特权适用的情况下出庭作证。 |
[33:59] | According to Mr. Sidlow’s statement, | 根据Sidlow先生的陈述, |
[34:01] | Ms. Dole instructed him | Dole女士指导他 |
[34:02] | on what kind of crime to commit | 为了把自己弄进监狱应该犯什么样的罪。 |
[34:04] | in order to get himself incarcerated. | 为了把自己弄进监狱应该犯什么样的罪。 |
[34:06] | That’s a lie. Take it easy. | – 那是撒谎。 – 别紧张。 |
[34:09] | Counsel, approach. | 律师,到我这儿来。 |
[34:17] | Ms. Dole, did you instruct your client | Dole女士,你指导你的当事人为了进监狱而去抢银行吗? |
[34:19] | to rob a bank so he could go to prison? | Dole女士,你指导你的当事人为了进监狱而去抢银行吗? |
[34:21] | Again, I raise the issue of attorney client privilege. | 再说一遍,我提出了这是有关律师当事人保密特权的问题。 |
[34:25] | Mr. Sidlow waived that right when he disclosed the contents | Sidlow先生在他透露出他和Dole女士谈话内用时 |
[34:27] | of his conversation with Ms. Dole. | 就放弃了那个权力。 |
[34:31] | Now, please answer the question. | 现在,请回答我的问题。 |
[34:37] | I did explain the difference between federal and state crimes, | 我确实是解释了联邦和州犯罪的区别, |
[34:40] | But only to answer a client’s question | 但只是就他所说的过去的罪行, |
[34:42] | about what he said was a past crime. | 回答了他提出的问题。 |
[34:44] | You helped get a woman killed. | 你协助杀了一个女人。 |
[34:48] | The woman who was shot– | 那个被击中的女人。。。 |
[34:50] | she died an hour ago. | 她一个小时前死了。 |
[34:54] | That was not my fault. | 这不能怪我。 |
[34:56] | Ms. Dole, it sounds like Ms. Ward’s right. | Dole女士,听起来Ward女士说得对。 |
[34:58] | You probably have to disqualify yourself. | 你可能必须要退出了。 |
[35:00] | I will not testify against my client. | 我不会作证指认我的当事人的。 |
[35:02] | Okay. Enough. | 好吧,够了。 |
[35:04] | Ms. Ward, although I don’t know exactly what happened here, | Ward女士,尽管我不知道到底发生了什么, |
[35:07] | let’s be realistic– this shouldn’t go to trial. | 让我们现实点。。。这案子不应该进行庭审。 |
[35:10] | The defendant’s confused. He was unarmed. | 被告稀里糊涂的,他也没携带武器 |
[35:13] | Felony murder applies only if the jury finds | 重罪谋杀只有当陪审团发现 |
[35:15] | that he consciously disregarded risk to human life. | 他是有意识地无视他人生命危险时才会成立。 |
[35:19] | Therefore, I strongly suggest | 因此,我强烈地建议 |
[35:21] | you get Mr. Sidlow new counsel and settle this. | 你给Sidlow先生找个新律师并达成解决方案。 |
[35:26] | He wants to go to jail anyway. | 反正他也是想进监狱的。 |
[35:32] | You’re quitting on me? But you’re my lawyer. | 你不管我的事了?你可是我的律师呀。 |
[35:35] | Philly, the judge disqualified me. | Philly,法官取消了我的资格。 |
[35:37] | I’m not quitting. | 我不会退出的。 |
[35:39] | Look… you aren’t listening, | 你看。。。你没注意听, |
[35:41] | you haven’t been listening. | 你一直都没注意听。 |
[35:43] | I never told you to rob a bank. | 我从来没有跟你说去抢银行。 |
[35:45] | You did that on your own and got me in trouble in the process. | 你自己要做的,而且在这个过程中给我带来了麻烦。 |
[35:51] | I’m sorry, Lindsay. | 对不起,Lindsay。 |
[35:53] | Why didn’t you just tell me the truth, | 你为什么不直接跟我说实话呢。 |
[35:55] | and give me the chance to help? | 让我有机会去帮助你? |
[35:57] | I didn’t want to get you mixed up in something illegal. | 我不想让你卷入违法的事里。 |
[36:01] | You’re a good person. | 你是个好人。 |
[36:03] | look, there’s nothing I can do for you now. | 你看,现在我什么也做不了 |
[36:06] | I’m not your lawyer. | 我不是你的律师了。 |
[36:09] | We shouldn’t even be talking, since privilege doesn’t apply. | 我们甚至都不应该谈了,因为保密特权不适用了。 |
[36:13] | I was just trying to save my life. | 我只是想活下去。 |
[36:15] | I didn’t want to get anyone killed. | 我不想害得任何人被杀。 |
[36:17] | I know, Philly. | 我明白,Philly。 |
[36:25] | I should go. | 我该走了。 |
[36:29] | Lindsay, wait. | Lindsay,等等。 |
[36:31] | I know we can’t talk about the case, but… | 我知道我们不能讨论这个案子,但是。。。 |
[36:41] | I’ll just sit here for a while and keep you company. | 我就在这儿坐一会儿,和你在一起。 |
[36:45] | That’d be good. | 这太好了。 |
[36:56] | All rise. | 全体起立。 |
[37:02] | Be seated. | 请坐下。 |
[37:08] | To dismiss a murder case with prejudice… | 撤销一起谋杀案且不准许再审。。。 |
[37:11] | to let a possible killer go free | 仅仅因为检方的错误 |
[37:13] | merely because of prosecution error | 让一个有可能是凶手的人获得自由, |
[37:16] | is not only the most extreme and frowned-upon remedy | 不仅仅是最异乎寻常和被人反对的法庭处理方式, |
[37:19] | available to a court, it offends our sense of right and wrong. | 这还违背了我们对于是非的理解。 |
[37:25] | It makes a mockery of our most basic sense of fairness. | 嘲弄了我们对于公正的最基本的理解。 |
[37:29] | Don’t misunderstand me, prosecutorial misconduct is a problem. | 不要误解我,检方的行为不当是一个问题。 |
[37:33] | But to deny justice in order to save justice | 但是为了拯救公正而拒绝承认公正 |
[37:38] | makes no sense. | 是没有意义的。 |
[37:41] | And as the record clearly shows, | 记录清楚地表明, |
[37:42] | I have no smoking gun here– | 我没有在这里发现违法的证据。。。 |
[37:44] | no direct evidence that Mr. Walsh | 没有Walsh先生 |
[37:46] | did knowingly and intentionally cause a mistrial. | 明知故犯地去造成一次无效审判的直接证据。 |
[37:50] | The most Ms. Gamble could offer me was her opinion. | Gamble女士至多也只能给我提供她的看法。 |
[37:53] | I won’t make a ruling on such an important matter | 我不会完全依靠猜测就对这样重要的问题做出裁决。 |
[37:57] | purely on speculation. | 我不会完全依靠猜测就对这样重要的问题做出裁决。 |
[38:01] | However… I am required to consider | 然而。。。我应该去考虑 |
[38:04] | the totality of the facts supporting these allegations, | 支持这些指控的全部事实 |
[38:07] | as well as the credibility of the parties involved. | 以及相关各方的可信度。 |
[38:12] | This is not the first time I’ve had Mr. Walsh before me. | 这不是我第一次审理Walsh先生办的案子。 |
[38:16] | This year alone, I have seen a man I have always respected | 但就这一年来说,我看到一个我一直尊敬的人 |
[38:19] | employ what I consider to be | 采用了我认为是过激和不道德的做法。 |
[38:22] | sharp and unethical practices. | 采用了我认为是过激和不道德的做法。 |
[38:25] | He has become increasingly less candid and honest. | 他越来越不坦诚了。 |
[38:29] | In his effort to do justice, he has perverted it. | 为了正义,他歪曲了正义。 |
[38:33] | Here he misled the court about the availability | 这次他就一个证人是否可出庭作证的问题误导了法庭, |
[38:35] | of a witness I now learn is in Florida. | 而我现在知道这个证人是在佛罗里达。 |
[38:39] | It has to stop. | 这样的做法必须停止。 |
[38:42] | I, therefore, sadly have no choice | 因此,遗憾的是,我别无选择, |
[38:46] | but to find that Mr. Walsh did intend to cause a mistrial | 只能判决Walsh蓄意造成无效审判 |
[38:49] | in an effort to obtain a new trial. | 以图获得一次新的审判。 |
[38:52] | The case against the defendant is dismissed with prejudice. | 针对被告的案件被撤销并不得重新起诉。 |
[38:57] | Mr. MacIntyre… you are free to go. | MacIntyre先生。。。你被无罪开释了。 |
[39:01] | Your Honor… may I be heard? | 法官大人。。。我可以说几句吗? |
[39:03] | I have ruled, Mr. Walsh. | 我已经做出裁决了,Walsh先生。 |
[39:05] | Then for the record, | 那就为了记录备查, |
[39:06] | let me say we are filing an immediate appeal | 我想说,我们要为了推翻你的裁决立即提出上诉。 |
[39:10] | to have your ruling reversed. | 我想说,我们要为了推翻你的裁决立即提出上诉。 |
[39:11] | Your decision is unjust, | 你的裁决不管就法律还是事实而言, |
[39:14] | unconscionable, and wholly unsupported | 是不公正的,不合理的,完全没有依据的! |
[39:16] | in law or fact! | 是不公正的,不合理的,完全没有依据的! |
[39:19] | It is a reflection of this court’s animus | 这反映了这个法庭对于我以及我的部门的敌意, |
[39:21] | against me and my office, | 这反映了这个法庭对于我以及我的部门的敌意, |
[39:23] | and will form the basis | 并将构成我个人向司法委员会提出的申诉的原因! |
[39:24] | of my personal complaint to the judicial council! | 并将构成我个人向司法委员会提出的申诉的原因! |
[39:28] | Mr. Walsh– I’m not finished! | – Walsh先生。。。 – 我还没说完! |
[39:30] | Your decision to put a killer back on the street | 你的裁定把一个凶手放回到社会上 |
[39:34] | should not go unpunished! | 不应不受到惩罚! |
[39:36] | It is my hope the legislature will consider | 我希望立法机关能考虑 |
[39:39] | appropriate actions, including possible impeachment. | 采取适当的行动,包括可能的弹劾。 |
[39:47] | You crossed the line… a long time ago, Mr. Walsh. | 你太过分了。。。很早就是这样了,Walsh先生。 |
[39:53] | I ascribe your inappropriate response | 我把你不恰当的反应归咎于你最终认识到的现实情况。 |
[39:56] | to the fact that ultimately you know | 我把你不恰当的反应归咎于你最终认识到的现实情况。 |
[39:59] | this whole disaster is your fault. | 整个案子搞成这样都是你的错。 |
[40:04] | This court is adjourned. | 本庭休庭。 |
[40:17] | That’s it? It’s over? | 就这样?结束了? |
[40:20] | Yeah, Michael, it’s over. | 是的,Michael,结束了。 |
[40:22] | Hey, thanks. | 嗨,谢谢。 |
[40:25] | Send me the bill. | 把账单寄给我。 |
[40:39] | You accused me of perjury, Helen. | 你指控我做了伪证,Helen。 |
[40:41] | Look, I did my ethical duty. | 听着,我履行了我的道德义务。 |
[40:45] | What excuse do you have for ripping me apart up there? | 你有什么借口在那里严厉地指责我? |
[40:48] | I was trying to save this case, Helen. | Helen,我尽力在挽回这个案子。 |
[40:51] | I wasn’t railroading an innocent man. | 我不是再给一个无辜人轻率定罪。 |
[40:53] | I wanted to give MacIntyre | 我想要给MacIntyre |
[40:54] | the fair trial he was avoiding | 一次因其杀掉证人而躲掉的公平的审判。 |
[40:57] | by killing a witness. | 一次因其杀掉证人而躲掉的公平的审判。 |
[40:59] | PATRICIA: He’s going free? | 他自由了? |
[41:02] | Patricia… we are so sorry. | Patricia。。。我们很抱歉。 |
[41:05] | You made this happen. | 使你造成的。 |
[41:08] | How can you tell me that you’re sorry? | 你怎么能把抱歉说出口呢? |
[41:10] | I had to testify truthfully. | 我必须要诚实地作证。 |
[41:12] | The truth is Michael MacIntyre took my father’s business, | 事实是Michael MacIntyre夺走了我父亲的生意, |
[41:15] | then took his life. | 然后夺走了他的生命。 |
[41:19] | And you let him get away. | 而你把他放跑了。 |
[41:33] | I did my ethical duty. | 我履行了我的道德义务 |
[41:36] | Only because you were dragged into it. | 只因为你是被牵扯进去了。 |
[41:39] | You’re not a hero. | 你可不是什么英雄。 |