| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:01] | DOLE: Previously on The Practice… | 前集回顾未作翻译。 | 
| [00:02] | BERLUTI: You were smoking crack | |
| [00:04] | with an eight-month baby. | |
| [00:05] | Please just get me out! | |
| [00:07] | BERLUTI: If I get you out, | |
| [00:08] | you go into rehab immediately. | |
| [00:11] | I promise. | |
| [00:12] | DOCTOR: The placental lining started to come loose | |
| [00:14] | from the uterine wall, | |
| [00:15] | and there was cocaine in her body. | |
| [00:17] | The baby? DOCTOR: Little girl, | |
| [00:18] | three and a half pounds. | |
| [00:19] | I’m sorry, Jimmy. | |
| [00:22] | Okay. | |
| [00:24] | DONNELL: This is unbelievable! | |
| [00:25] | Two lovers and they’re both dead? | |
| [00:27] | What, you think just because you got away | |
| [00:28] | with it last time, you can get away | |
| [00:30] | with it whenever? Yes. | |
| [00:31] | DOCTOR: He has a narcissistic personality disorder. | |
| [00:34] | He commits a crime | |
| [00:36] | where it’s impossible not to convict him, | |
| [00:39] | and the game is still | |
| [00:41] | getting away with it. | |
| [00:42] | Well, win or lose. | |
| [00:43] | Won’t this be fun? | |
| [00:45] | Were you trying to wrestle the knife away, | |
| [00:47] | or were you trying to kill him? | |
| [00:49] | It went into him during the struggle. | |
| [00:51] | It went in by accident? | |
| [00:52] | How many ways can I say it? | |
| [00:54] | MAN: We find the defendant, Joseph Heric, | |
| [00:56] | not guilty. | |
| [01:12] | God, she’s really getting a personality. | 天哪,她真的很有个性。 | 
| [01:15] | All right, I’m out of here. | 好了,我要走了。 | 
| [01:24] | Who’d you kill? | 你把谁杀了? | 
| [01:26] | Good to see you, too, Ellenor. | 见到你很高兴,Ellenor | 
| [01:28] | Have you put on weight? | 你又胖了吧? | 
| [01:30] | We’re busy, Joey. Who’d you kill? | 别扯闲事了,Joey。你把谁杀了? | 
| [01:31] | Very cute. Well, can’t anybody say, | 真可爱呀。那么,没人对我说, | 
| [01:33] | “Hey, good to see you?” | “嘿,见到你真高兴。” | 
| [01:37] | Whose is that? | 那是谁的? | 
| [01:38] | Mine. What are you doing here? | 我的孩子,你来这儿干什么? | 
| [01:39] | You have a baby? | 你有孩子了? | 
| [01:41] | DONNELL: Joey, why are you here? | Joey,你来这儿干什么? | 
| [01:43] | Why don’t we start by asking | 我们为什么不先问我这三年我在哪儿呢? | 
| [01:45] | where I’ve been for the last three years? | 我们为什么不先问我这三年我在哪儿呢? | 
| [01:50] | Law school. | 法学院。 | 
| [01:52] | Passed the bar in February. | 二月通过了律师资格考试。 | 
| [01:54] | We’re now all learned brothers. | 我们现在都是同人了。 | 
| [01:56] | You’re a lawyer? | 你是律师了? | 
| [01:57] | And a good one, so far. | 目前为止还不错呢。 | 
| [01:59] | YOUNG: Wait, wait, wait. You went to law school, | 等等,等等,你上了法学院, | 
| [02:01] | took the bar exam? | 还参加了律师考试? | 
| [02:02] | HERIC: It was my therapist’s idea. | 这是我的心理医生出的主意。 | 
| [02:04] | He thought one way of weaning myself off | 他认为让我摆脱杀人欲望的方法之一 | 
| [02:05] | of killing people was to help others | 就是去帮助那些需要洗脱杀人罪的人。 | 
| [02:07] | who did get away with it. | 就是去帮助那些需要洗脱杀人罪的人。 | 
| [02:09] | I’ve got a case now | 我现在接了个案子, | 
| [02:10] | that’s why I’m here. | 所以我来这儿。 | 
| [02:11] | Case? What kind of case? | 案子?哪种案子? | 
| [02:13] | Homicide. | 凶杀案。 | 
| [02:15] | I don’t slum. | 我可不将就的。 | 
| [02:17] | The problem I’m having is this, | 我现在的问题是, | 
| [02:19] | I think the kid might actually be innocent. | 我认为这孩子可能确实是无辜的。 | 
| [02:21] | And as good as I am, | 虽然和我来做也差不多, | 
| [02:23] | my conscience says I should bring someone else | 但良心让我应该找些别的有经验的人 | 
| [02:25] | on board with experience. | 来一起办这个案子。 | 
| [02:27] | FRUTT: So, in addition to getting a law degree, | 那么说,除了获得了律师资格, | 
| [02:28] | you also picked up a conscience? | 你还重拾良心了? | 
| [02:29] | Drives like new, hardly any miles on it. | 全新的,还一次没用过呢。 | 
| [02:33] | But seriously, Bobby, | 但说真的,Bobby | 
| [02:35] | I’d never admit this publicly, | 我不会当众承认的, | 
| [02:37] | but I could really use some help. | 但我可能真的需要些帮助。 | 
| [02:39] | It starts tomorrow. | 明天就开庭了。 | 
| [02:41] | Tomorrow? HERIC: Yeah. | – 明天? – 是呀 | 
| [02:42] | I’m ready. I can do this. | 我准备好了。我能应付。 | 
| [02:43] | And I could do it alone. | 而且我一个人也能做。 | 
| [02:44] | I’m prepared to if I have to, | 如果不得不那样,我也有准备。 | 
| [02:46] | but to be honest, | 但坦率说, | 
| [02:49] | with an innocent kid’s life on the line, | 一个无辜的孩子的一生濒于危险, | 
| [02:51] | believe it or not, I don’t want to. | 不管你信不信,我不想自己干, | 
| [02:54] | Come on, what do you say? | 好吗,你们拿个主意? | 
| [02:55] | You, me, Ellie, | 你,我,还有Ellie, | 
| [02:58] | it’ll be fun. | 合作会很愉快的 | 
| [03:00] | Just like old times. | 就像过去一样。 | 
| [03:58] | WASHINGTON: You’re actually helping him? | 你真的要帮他吗? | 
| [04:00] | And you? FRUTT: Come on. | – 还有你? – 别这样。 | 
| [04:02] | I can’t resist. But he’s a murderer. | – 我没法拒绝他。 – 但他是个谋杀犯。 | 
| [04:04] | We only know that | 我们是因为代理他的案子才知道这一点的。 | 
| [04:05] | because we represented him. | 我们是因为代理他的案子才知道这一点的。 | 
| [04:06] | DOLE: Even so, we also know he’s clinically sick. | 即便如此,我们也都知道他有临床疾病。 | 
| [04:09] | Look, the ship has sailed. | 听着,木已成舟了。 | 
| [04:10] | I’d said I’d help. | 我说了会帮忙的。 | 
| [04:11] | Jimmy, it’s someone from Brigham Hospital. | Jimmy,Brigham医院的来电。 | 
| [04:16] | Jimmy Berluti. | |
| [04:27] | Hi. | |
| [04:29] | I’m sorry, Jimmy. | 对不起,Jimmy。 | 
| [04:34] | This is Lucy Hatcher. | 这是Lucy Hatcher。 | 
| [04:35] | She works with me. | 她是我的同事。 | 
| [04:37] | She also works for Rape Crisis. | 她也为性侵危机处理中心工作。 | 
| [04:40] | I feel so stupid. | 我觉得我太蠢了。 | 
| [04:43] | What happened? | 怎么回事? | 
| [04:45] | You’re gonna be mad, Jimmy. | 你会生我气的,Jimmy | 
| [04:50] | I’m still a… | 我还是。。。 | 
| [04:51] | Prostitution? | 卖淫? | 
| [04:55] | JENNIFER: It was a trick. | 是个嫖客干的。 | 
| [04:57] | He just went crazy. | 他真是疯了。 | 
| [04:58] | I don’t–I’m so sorry. | 我没有。。。对不起。 | 
| [05:02] | Where’s your baby? | 你的孩子呢? | 
| [05:03] | She’s with a friend. | 放在一个朋友那里。 | 
| [05:05] | She’s okay. | 她没事。 | 
| [05:07] | So, what happened? | 那么,怎么回事? | 
| [05:10] | One of your tricks beat you up? | 你的一个嫖客打了你? | 
| [05:11] | He raped me. | 他强奸了我。 | 
| [05:14] | And then he beat me up. | 然后他又打了我。 | 
| [05:16] | He raped you? | 他强奸了你? | 
| [05:19] | The sex wasn’t consensual? | 性行为不是自愿的吗? | 
| [05:22] | No. | 不是。 | 
| [05:23] | I mean, it probably would have been. | 我是说,可能本应是的。 | 
| [05:25] | I mean, we went to a room, too. | 我们也是自愿进了房间。 | 
| [05:27] | But as soon as we got there, | 但,他一进去, | 
| [05:29] | he just wigged out. | 他就情绪失控了。 | 
| [05:31] | It was like he had this thing against hookers, | 好像他是对妓女有些想法, | 
| [05:34] | like we were evil. | 好像我们是邪恶的。 | 
| [05:35] | I told him to get out, | 我让他出去, | 
| [05:38] | and he raped me. | 而他强奸了我。 | 
| [05:40] | Do you think you might recognize him | 如果警方给你看些照片, | 
| [05:42] | if the police showed you some photographs? | 你觉得你能认出他来吗? | 
| [05:46] | He gave me his name. | 他告诉我名字了。 | 
| [05:51] | I told it to the police. | 我也告诉警察了。 | 
| [05:58] | ROLAND: The body of Jean Homestead was found | Jean Homestead的尸体是在Tremont街的一条小巷里发现的, | 
| [06:00] | in an alley off of Tremont Street, | Jean Homestead的尸体是在Tremont街的一条小巷里发现的, | 
| [06:02] | a deep gash in the back of her head, | 她后脑勺有个深深的伤口, | 
| [06:04] | the apparent victim of a mugging. | 很明显是抢劫的受害者。 | 
| [06:08] | That’s the way it looked | 看起来就是那样的, | 
| [06:09] | because that’s the way that Daniel Carrington | 因为被告Daniel Carrington想让其看起来是那样的。 | 
| [06:11] | wanted it to look. | 因为被告Daniel Carrington想让其看起来是那样的。 | 
| [06:12] | But that is not the way she died, | 但她不是那样死的。 | 
| [06:14] | ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们。 | 
| [06:16] | The evidence will show overwhelmingly, | 压倒性的证据将表明, | 
| [06:19] | the defendant drove to the victim’s house, | 被告开车到受害人家, | 
| [06:22] | murdered Mrs. Homestead in her bedroom, | 在Homestead夫人的卧室里谋杀了她, | 
| [06:24] | then drove her body back into Boston | 然后开车载着她的尸体去波士顿 | 
| [06:26] | and dumped her into that alley. | 并抛尸在小巷里。 | 
| [06:29] | The evidence will establish the defendant | 证据将证明被告和受害人有私情。 | 
| [06:31] | and the victim were having an affair. | 证据将证明被告和受害人有私情。 | 
| [06:34] | And when the victim tried to end the relationship, | 而当受害者试图结束这个关系时, | 
| [06:36] | the defendant murdered her. | 被告谋杀了她。 | 
| [06:57] | The homicide rate in this country, | 这个国家, | 
| [06:59] | this city, our city, | 这个城市,我们的城市, | 
| [07:01] | the proud City of Boston, | 荣耀的波士顿城, | 
| [07:03] | is starting to climb. | 杀人案的比例开始攀升。 | 
| [07:06] | And people, people like me, | 而人们,像你我这样的人们, | 
| [07:08] | you, are getting damn sick of it. | 真是受够了。 | 
| [07:12] | For one, I’m fed up with exalting civil rights | 首先,我受够了把公民权抬高到极致, | 
| [07:16] | to the point where the criminal | 以至于罪犯比我们还享受更多宪法权利。 | 
| [07:18] | enjoys more constitutional privileges than we do. | 以至于罪犯比我们还享受更多宪法权利。 | 
| [07:21] | Enough already! | 已经受够了! | 
| [07:24] | If a person kills another human being, | 如果一个人杀了另一个人, | 
| [07:27] | I don’t give a rat’s ass | 我才不会关心 | 
| [07:28] | whether he suffers from schizophrenia, | 是否他有精神分裂症, | 
| [07:31] | substance abuse, | 滥用药物, | 
| [07:32] | or an overbearing mother. | 或者有个专横的母亲。 | 
| [07:34] | I say put the son of a bitch in jail. | 我要说把这杂种送进监狱吧! | 
| [07:36] | That’s how I feel. | 这就是我的感受。 | 
| [07:37] | It may be how some of you feel, too. | 这或许也是你们中的一些人的感受。 | 
| [07:40] | It’s certainly how the government feels, | 但这肯定是政府的感受, | 
| [07:43] | and I salute them for it. | 而我向他们致敬。 | 
| [07:47] | But, | 但是, | 
| [07:49] | every once in a while, | 每隔一段时间, | 
| [07:51] | in their zeal, their haste | 他们热忱且急切地要确保谋杀犯得到报应, | 
| [07:54] | to make sure a murder is avenged, | 他们热忱且急切地要确保谋杀犯得到报应, | 
| [07:57] | they get it wrong, | 他们会把事情搞错, | 
| [07:59] | and they arrest the wrong person. | 他们就会抓错人。 | 
| [08:02] | My heart goes out to Jean Homestead’s husband | 我对坐在那里的Jean Homestead的丈夫和儿子 | 
| [08:04] | sitting there, | 我对坐在那里的Jean Homestead的丈夫和儿子 | 
| [08:05] | and her son. | 报以同情。 | 
| [08:07] | We all wanna catch the person | 我们都想要抓到那个杀害Jean Homestead的人。 | 
| [08:10] | who killed Jean Homestead. | 我们都想要抓到那个杀害Jean Homestead的人。 | 
| [08:13] | But Daniel Carrington | 但Daniel Carrington不是那个人。 | 
| [08:14] | is not that person. | 但Daniel Carrington不是那个人。 | 
| [08:19] | They’ve arrested the wrong man. | 他们抓错了人。 | 
| [08:34] | Jimmy, the police questioned the guy. | Jimmy,警方讯问了那个家伙。 | 
| [08:36] | What’s his story? | 他怎么说的? | 
| [08:37] | They went back to her place, | 他们回到她的住处, | 
| [08:38] | he didn’t know she was a hooker. | 他不知道她是个妓女。 | 
| [08:40] | After they had sex, she announced she was, | 他们做完爱后,她才说她是妓女, | 
| [08:43] | tried to extort him for $10,000, | 要讹他一万块。 | 
| [08:45] | he refused and left. | 他拒绝并离开了。 | 
| [08:46] | And you believe that? Jimmy, the examination | – 你相信了? – Jimmy,经过检查, | 
| [08:49] | didn’t reveal any vaginal bruising or tearing. | 没有发现任何阴道瘀伤或撕裂。 | 
| [08:52] | You see her face? | 你看到她的脸了吗? | 
| [08:54] | You think she did that to herself? | 你认为她自己把脸弄成那样吗? | 
| [08:56] | I can’t rule out the possibility that she did. | 我不能排除她这样做的可能性。 | 
| [08:59] | Why? This is a hooker | – 为什么? – 她是个妓女 | 
| [09:01] | with a drug problem. | 还吸毒。 | 
| [09:02] | Listen, even if she’s telling you the truth, | 听我说,即使她告诉你的是真实情况, | 
| [09:06] | a prostitute takes a man to a room to have sex, | 但一个妓女把一个男人领进屋子里做爱, | 
| [09:08] | then claims the sex wasn’t consensual. | 然后宣称性行为不是自愿的。 | 
| [09:13] | I’m not that good a DA. | 这样的案子我做不了。 | 
| [09:17] | Both blows came to the back of the skull. | 两次猛击都打在后脑勺上。 | 
| [09:20] | The second one, | 第二下, | 
| [09:22] | this one, was fatal. | 就是这一下,是致命的。 | 
| [09:24] | It crushed both the skull | 这一下把头骨和脑干都给打碎了。 | 
| [09:26] | and the brainstem. | 这一下把头骨和脑干都给打碎了。 | 
| [09:27] | Death likely came instantly. | 可能是当即死亡了。 | 
| [09:30] | ROLAND: And did you make any other findings | 还有其他你觉得很重要的发现吗? | 
| [09:31] | that you find significant? | 还有其他你觉得很重要的发现吗? | 
| [09:33] | JOSH: Several. | 有几个。 | 
| [09:34] | There were no other bruises, | 没有发现其他的瘀伤,刮伤, | 
| [09:35] | scratches, no skin scrapings | 她的指甲里也没有发现皮肤碎屑。 | 
| [09:38] | under her nails, | 她的指甲里也没有发现皮肤碎屑。 | 
| [09:39] | no indication of a struggle. | 没有搏斗的迹象 | 
| [09:40] | And what did that tell you? | 那这些让你得出什么看法? | 
| [09:42] | JOSH: Well, that it’s highly unlikely | 呃,她不太可能是被抢劫或者制服住了。 | 
| [09:44] | she was mugged, or overpowered. | 呃,她不太可能是被抢劫或者制服住了。 | 
| [09:46] | Much more likely, she was simply struck | 极可能的是,她就是被从后面直接击打了。 | 
| [09:49] | on the back of the head. | 极可能的是,她就是被从后面直接击打了。 | 
| [09:50] | ROLAND: Anything else? | 还有别的吗? | 
| [09:51] | JOSH: We found small traces | 我们在阴道部位发现了少量的精液痕迹。 | 
| [09:53] | of semen in the vaginal area. | 我们在阴道部位发现了少量的精液痕迹。 | 
| [09:55] | We submitted samples for DNA analysis. | 我们把样本送去进行DNA分析。 | 
| [09:58] | They were an exact genetic match | 完全和被告匹配。 | 
| [10:01] | with the defendant. | 完全和被告匹配。 | 
| [10:02] | ROLAND: Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢你,医生。 | 
| [10:08] | First of all, Doctor, | 首先,医生, | 
| [10:11] | let me applaud you on your ability | 让我对你整理你的证词的能力表示赞许。 | 
| [10:13] | to crunch your testimony. | 让我对你整理你的证词的能力表示赞许。 | 
| [10:15] | So many experts, | 很多的专家, | 
| [10:17] | especially doctors, | 尤其是医生们, | 
| [10:18] | just rattle on in such technical talk, | 只是在这种技术性的论述中喋喋不休, | 
| [10:20] | it’s either boring or incomprehensible. | 不是使人厌烦就是晦涩难懂。 | 
| [10:23] | I salute you, sir. | 我向你表示敬意,先生。 | 
| [10:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢你。 | 
| [10:26] | I probably shouldn’t be admitting this, | 我也许不应该承认, | 
| [10:28] | but I can’t take issue | 但是针对你所说的, | 
| [10:30] | with a single thing you said. | 我一个问题也无法提出。 | 
| [10:33] | I agree with all of it. | 我全都认可。 | 
| [10:35] | So, I’m going to sit down | 所以,我打算坐回去, | 
| [10:37] | so we can move on. | 我们也就可以进行下一步了。 | 
| [10:42] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 哦,对不起。 | 
| [10:44] | There is one thing. | 有一件事。 | 
| [10:45] | It is possible for her to be mugged | 她遇到抢劫并被拖进小巷里, | 
| [10:48] | and dragged into the alleyway | 她遇到抢劫并被拖进小巷里, | 
| [10:50] | without showing any physical signs, | 但却没有诸如瘀伤或者指甲刮伤这样的体征表现, | 
| [10:53] | such as bruising or fingernail scrapings? | 有这种可能吗? | 
| [10:54] | Yes, it’s possible. | 是的,这有可能。 | 
| [10:57] | Excellent. Thanks. | 很好,谢谢。 | 
| [10:58] | Oh, oh, one other thing. | 噢,还有一件事。 | 
| [11:01] | If my client had had intercourse | 如果我的当事人和受害人 | 
| [11:04] | with the victim several hours | 在她遇害前几个小时发生过性关系, | 
| [11:06] | before her death, | 在她遇害前几个小时发生过性关系, | 
| [11:09] | semen evidence could still be found, | 也还是能发现精液物证的, | 
| [11:11] | couldn’t it? | 不能吗? | 
| [11:12] | Yes. | 能发现。 | 
| [11:13] | HERIC: So it’s possible my client | 所以,我的当事人和受害人发生了性关系, | 
| [11:17] | and the victim had sex, | 所以,我的当事人和受害人发生了性关系, | 
| [11:20] | she was later hit on the head | 她在之后被别的什么人砸了脑袋致死, | 
| [11:22] | and killed by somebody else? | 有这种可能吗? | 
| [11:25] | Your findings don’t exclude that possibility, | 你的调查结果并不能排除这种可能性, | 
| [11:27] | do they, Doctor? | 能吗,医生? | 
| [11:28] | No. | 不能。 | 
| [11:29] | Thank you. | 真是谢谢你了。 | 
| [11:39] | How’d I do? | 我还行吧? | 
| [11:44] | He raped me. | 他强奸了我。 | 
| [11:46] | And it would be your word against his. | 那是你指证他的说法。 | 
| [11:49] | Do you know who he is? | 你知道他是谁吗? | 
| [11:50] | Russell Mathis. | 他是Russell Mathis。 | 
| [11:51] | He’s a very prominent Lawyer. | 他是一个非常杰出的律师。 | 
| [11:55] | He would be perceived to be more credible | 他会被认为比一个有吸毒史的妓女更令人可信。 | 
| [11:58] | than a hooker with a drug history. | 他会被认为比一个有吸毒史的妓女更令人可信。 | 
| [12:01] | Look, I’m your friend. | 听着,我是你的朋友。 | 
| [12:04] | There’s nothing to be done here. | 这事没戏。 | 
| [12:07] | YOUNG: Maybe not criminally. | 也许不是刑事犯罪。 | 
| [12:09] | I would think Mr. Mathis would like us | 我觉得Mathis先生会希望我们悄然了事。 | 
| [12:12] | to go away without any noise. | 我觉得Mathis先生会希望我们悄然了事。 | 
| [12:18] | I’ll go pay him a visit, Jimmy. | 要是我就去拜访他一次,Jimmy | 
| [12:25] | JEAN (over recording): I’m ending it now, Danny. | Danny,我现在要做个了断, | 
| [12:28] | I can’t see you anymore. | 我不能再见你了。 | 
| [12:30] | I’m married, and the truth is, | 我是已婚的,实际上, | 
| [12:32] | you’re beginning to frighten me a little. | 你开始让我有点恐惧了。 | 
| [12:34] | I just need you to stay away. | 我只是要你离我远点。 | 
| [12:38] | That was identified as the voice of the victim? | 这是受害人的声音吗? | 
| [12:41] | Identified by her husband, yes. | 是的,她的丈夫确认了 | 
| [12:43] | ROLAND: Where was this message found, Detective? | 这些信息在哪儿发现的,警探? | 
| [12:45] | On the defendant’s voicemail, | 在被告的语音信箱里, | 
| [12:47] | recorded six minutes | 录了六分钟 | 
| [12:48] | past 9:00 on January 17th. | 一月十七日九点以后。 | 
| [12:50] | ROLAND: And according to the coroner’s findings, | 根据验尸官的调查结果, | 
| [12:53] | when did Mrs. Homestead die? | Homestead夫人什么时候死的? | 
| [12:54] | Her body temperature indicated | 她的体温显示 | 
| [12:56] | that she died about 10:00 PM that same night. | 她是在当晚上10点左右死去的。 | 
| [12:58] | Did you make any findings | 关于他的死亡地点,警探, | 
| [13:00] | as to where she died, Detective? | 你调查的结论是? | 
| [13:02] | Our conclusion was that she died | 我们的结论是她死在她的卧室里。 | 
| [13:04] | in her own bedroom. | 我们的结论是她死在她的卧室里。 | 
| [13:05] | There were microscopic blood splatterings | 有微量的血溅在她的床柱和地毯上。 | 
| [13:07] | on her bedpost as well as the carpet. | 有微量的血溅在她的床柱和地毯上。 | 
| [13:08] | The blood matched up genetically to the victim. | 血液与受害者相符。 | 
| [13:11] | We believe she was killed there | 我们认为她是在那儿被杀的 | 
| [13:13] | and then moved. | 然后被移走了。 | 
| [13:14] | Any other evidence lead you to this? | 有别的证据引导你得出这个结论吗? | 
| [13:16] | We also found microscopic blood splatterings | 我们还在被告的车里发现微量的血液喷溅。 | 
| [13:19] | in the defendant’s car, | 我们还在被告的车里发现微量的血液喷溅。 | 
| [13:20] | blood that also belonged to the victim. | 也属于受害者的血液。 | 
| [13:23] | Thank you, Detective. | 谢谢你,警探。 | 
| [13:31] | Well, things really look bleak | 好吧,局面看起来对我们这方很不乐观,不是吗? | 
| [13:33] | for our side, don’t they? | 好吧,局面看起来对我们这方很不乐观,不是吗? | 
| [13:37] | Now, I imagine | 我猜一下你逮捕我当事人的原因。 | 
| [13:39] | that’s why you arrested my client. | 我猜一下你逮捕我当事人的原因。 | 
| [13:41] | The phone message, | 电话留言, | 
| [13:43] | the blood splatterings, | 溅上的血迹, | 
| [13:45] | the affair– | 还有外遇。。。 | 
| [13:48] | well, come to think of it, | 那好吧,来想想看, | 
| [13:49] | that would be it, wouldn’t it? | 就是这样,不是吗? | 
| [13:50] | I mean, that’s your entire case, | 我是说,你的依据就是这些, | 
| [13:53] | blood, phone message, and affair. | 血液、电话信息和外遇。 | 
| [13:55] | Right, Detective? | 对吗,警探? | 
| [13:56] | And his semen. | 还有他的精液。 | 
| [13:58] | Right. Well, I was sort of including | 对。呃,我是把精液归类到“外遇”里了。 | 
| [13:59] | that with “affair.” | 对。呃,我是把精液归类到“外遇”里了。 | 
| [14:02] | Any weapon? | 有凶器吗? | 
| [14:03] | No. | 没有。 | 
| [14:04] | Any evidence, | 有可以证明我的当事人当晚在受害人卧室的 | 
| [14:06] | physical, forensic, | 有可以证明我的当事人当晚在受害人卧室的 | 
| [14:07] | testimonial that my client | 实物证据或者法医证据吗? | 
| [14:09] | was in the victim’s bedroom that night? | 实物证据或者法医证据吗? | 
| [14:11] | His semen. | 他的精液。 | 
| [14:12] | Well, the coroner has already admitted | 这个嘛,验尸官已经承认 | 
| [14:13] | that they could have made love earlier, | 他们可能是在早些时候做的爱, | 
| [14:15] | maybe even someplace else. | 甚至也许是在别的地方做爱的。 | 
| [14:17] | Do you disagree with the coroner on that, Detective? | 你和验尸官对此有分歧吗,警探先生? | 
| [14:20] | No. HERIC: And this blood | – 没有。 – 还有你谈到的血迹。 | 
| [14:21] | you’re talking about, | – 没有。 – 还有你谈到的血迹。 | 
| [14:23] | “microscopic,” you said. | 你说的是,“微量的” | 
| [14:25] | So, if we took all this blood | 那么,如果我们把所有的血迹集中到一起。 | 
| [14:26] | and pooled it together, | 那么,如果我们把所有的血迹集中到一起。 | 
| [14:27] | the blood you found both in her bedroom | 你在她卧室和我当事人车里发现的血迹, | 
| [14:29] | and my client’s car, | 你在她卧室和我当事人车里发现的血迹, | 
| [14:31] | more or less than | 比一张剪纸大还是小,警探? | 
| [14:34] | a paper cut, Detective? | 比一张剪纸大还是小,警探? | 
| [14:36] | Probably less. | 可能要小些。 | 
| [14:37] | Gee, it doesn’t look as bad | 哈,看起来对我们来说 | 
| [14:40] | for us as I thought. | 不像我想的那么糟。 | 
| [14:41] | Objection! | 反对! | 
| [14:44] | Is it wise to be smug, Joey? | Joey,这样乐观是明智的吗? | 
| [14:46] | HERIC: Oh, Danny, | 噢,Danny, | 
| [14:47] | that was nothing. | 没关系的。 | 
| [14:48] | Ask Ellenor. | 不信问问Ellenor吧。 | 
| [14:49] | Have they offered any kind of plea here? | 他们提出过某种认罪交易条件吗? | 
| [14:52] | Second degree, it’s laughable. | 二级谋杀,太可笑了。 | 
| [14:54] | DONNELL: What are you willing to take? | 你们想得到的是什么? | 
| [14:55] | We thought an acquittal | 我们认为最好是无罪判决。 | 
| [14:57] | would be nice. | 我们认为最好是无罪判决。 | 
| [14:58] | Yes, besides that. | 那倒是的,除此之外呢。 | 
| [15:01] | Danny, would you consider manslaughter? | Danny,你会考虑过失杀人吗? | 
| [15:07] | Joey thinks we can win. | Joey认为我们能赢。 | 
| [15:08] | DONNELL: This is Joey’s first murder trial. | 这是Joey第一次办谋杀罪的庭审。 | 
| [15:09] | Bobby! He needs to hear that, Joey. – Bobby! | – 他需要知道这些,Joey。 | 
| [15:13] | What? You don’t think we can win? | 什么?你认为我们赢不了吗? | 
| [15:21] | Yes, you have a shot here. | 是的,你有机会赢。 | 
| [15:24] | But your lawyer’s opinions | 但是你的律师的看法 | 
| [15:26] | are colored by his ego. | 受到他的自负的影响。 | 
| [15:27] | Bobby! This is what you get – Bobby! | – 这就是你让我来协助你所起到的作用。 | 
| [15:29] | for making me second chair. – Bobby! | – 这就是你让我来协助你所起到的作用。 | 
| [15:32] | If you don’t already know this, | 如果你还不明白这一点, | 
| [15:34] | you need to as we go forward. | 你需要在接下来的进程中弄明白。 | 
| [15:42] | I’ve trusted Joey this far. | 到目前为止,我信任Joey。 | 
| [15:44] | I’m going to keep trusting him. | 我会一直信任他。 | 
| [15:55] | How is he? | 他怎么样? | 
| [15:56] | FRUTT: He’s good. | 还不错。 | 
| [15:57] | The jury loves him. | 陪审团很喜欢他。 | 
| [15:58] | It kills me to admit it. | 承认这一点真是难受死我了。 | 
| [15:59] | HERIC: Admit what? | 承认什么? | 
| [16:02] | Hi, Helen. | 嗨,Helen。 | 
| [16:04] | Do you know I’ve been having | 你知道我一直在一些下流的春梦里梦到你吗? | 
| [16:07] | these nasty little hetero dreams of you? | 你知道我一直在一些下流的春梦里梦到你吗? | 
| [16:13] | What? | 怎么了? | 
| [16:14] | DONNELL: Joey, the blood in the car | Joey,车里发现的血迹是个问题。 | 
| [16:17] | is a problem. | Joey,车里发现的血迹是个问题。 | 
| [16:18] | I hope you don’t plan | 我希望不要计划用“剪纸”去驳掉这个证据。 | 
| [16:18] | to argue “paper cut.” | 我希望不要计划用“剪纸”去驳掉这个证据。 | 
| [16:20] | HERIC: Oh, no. The beloved husband is up next. | 噢,不会的。那个钟情的丈夫下一个出来作证。 | 
| [16:22] | He’s what you call “Plan B.” | 他就是你们所谓“B”计划的对象。 | 
| [16:24] | Wait a second. He has no alibi! | – 等等。 – 他没有不在现场的证明! | 
| [16:27] | FRUTT: It doesn’t matter. | 那无关紧要。 | 
| [16:28] | Do you have any evidence that he killed her? | 你有什么证据证明是他杀的吗? | 
| [16:29] | No. Well, then, you don’t “Plan B,” not the widower. | – 没有。 – 那,你就不能对那个痛失爱妻的人使用“B计划” | 
| [16:33] | Ellenor. | |
| [16:33] | FRUTT: If you accuse the husband with nothing | 如果你什么材料都没有就去指控那个丈夫, | 
| [16:35] | to back up the accusation, | 如果你什么材料都没有就去指控那个丈夫, | 
| [16:37] | your client will get convicted. | 你的当事人会被判有罪的。 | 
| [16:38] | I agree. HERIC: Bobby, Ellenor, – Bobby, Ellenor, | – 我同意这个看法。 | 
| [16:40] | I recognize that I don’t have your experience, | 我承认我没有你们有经验, | 
| [16:42] | but one thing I do know, “Plan B,” | 但有一个方法我是知道的,“B计划” | 
| [16:44] | that’s where the practice of law is delicious. | 那才是律师业务的美妙所在。 | 
| [16:54] | PAULINE: Mr. Berluti, | Berluti先生, | 
| [16:55] | Mr. Mathis can see you now. | Mathis先生现在可以见你了。 | 
| [17:05] | You can close the door, Pauline. | Pauline,把门关上吧。 | 
| [17:07] | Yes, sir. | 是,先生 | 
| [17:21] | It’s the conclusion | 性侵危机处理中心的顾问的结论是, | 
| [17:22] | of a Rape Crisis Counselor | 性侵危机处理中心的顾问的结论是, | 
| [17:24] | that she was raped. | 她是被强奸的。 | 
| [17:26] | She tells me she was raped, | 她告诉我她被强奸了, | 
| [17:28] | and I believe her. | 我也相信她。 | 
| [17:29] | You believe her? | 你相信她? | 
| [17:33] | Your client set me up, Mr. Berluti. | 你的当事人给我下套,Berluti先生。 | 
| [17:36] | She had relations, only then to tell me | 她和我发生关系后,才告诉我她是干什么的。 | 
| [17:38] | what her occupation was. | 她和我发生关系后,才告诉我她是干什么的。 | 
| [17:40] | And then she attempted to extort me. | 然后她企图敲诈我。 | 
| [17:42] | Did she give herself the black eye? | 难道是她自己把自己打成黑眼圈的吗? | 
| [17:44] | RUSSELL: Perhaps she did. | 也许是。 | 
| [17:45] | I assure you I didn’t. | 我向你保证,不是我打的。 | 
| [17:48] | Why are you here? | 你为什么来找我? | 
| [17:51] | The District Attorney’s Office | 检察官办公室必须要 | 
| [17:52] | has to prove its case | 对案件超越所有合理怀疑地进行举证。 | 
| [17:54] | beyond all reasonable doubt. | 对案件超越所有合理怀疑地进行举证。 | 
| [17:56] | In civil cases, as you know, | 而在民事案件中,你也知道, | 
| [17:58] | the burden is much less. | 举证责任轻多了。 | 
| [18:01] | She makes for a credible witness. | 她会成为一个可信的证人。 | 
| [18:04] | Get to the punch line. | 别绕弯子,直接说吧。 | 
| [18:08] | We settle now | 要么我们现在发成和解, | 
| [18:10] | or sue you tomorrow. | 否则明天就起诉你。 | 
| [18:19] | None of those people would ever know. | 这些人谁也不会知道。。。 | 
| [18:29] | On your way out, Mr. Berluti, | 在你出去时,Berluti先生。 | 
| [18:32] | take a glance at the artwork on the walls. | 看一眼墙上挂的图片。 | 
| [18:35] | We are a very rich law firm, Mr. Berluti. | 我们是一家财力非常雄厚的律师事务所,Berluti先生。 | 
| [18:38] | It’s a byproduct | 附带的结果就是我们有大量的优秀律师。 | 
| [18:39] | of having many excellent lawyers. | 附带的结果就是我们有大量的优秀律师。 | 
| [18:43] | Go forward with this extortion, | 继续进行敲诈, | 
| [18:45] | I’ll deploy the attorneys here | 我会安排我的律师们毁了你的当事人, | 
| [18:47] | to destroy both your client | 我会安排我的律师们毁了你的当事人, | 
| [18:49] | and you. | 还有你。 | 
| [18:51] | And that’s not extortion? | 你这样难道不是勒索罪吗? | 
| [18:58] | No, it isn’t, | 不,不是的, | 
| [19:00] | because I didn’t rape your client. | 因为我没有强奸你的当事人。 | 
| [19:04] | You may leave now, Mr. Berluti. | 你现在可以走了,Berluti先生。 | 
| [19:21] | I thought maybe Jean was out with friends, | 我以为Jean可能和朋友出去了, | 
| [19:23] | though it wasn’t like her | 尽管她没有像以往那样给我留个信。 | 
| [19:25] | not to leave me a message. | 尽管她没有像以往那样给我留个信。 | 
| [19:26] | And finally, around midnight, | 最后,大约午夜左右, | 
| [19:28] | I began calling some of her friends, | 我开始给她的一些朋友打电话, | 
| [19:30] | and then at 3:00 AM, | 然后到了凌晨三点, | 
| [19:33] | I phoned the police. | 我报了警。 | 
| [19:35] | Mr. Homestead, I know that this is very difficult, sir, | Homestead先生,我知道这会很难回答, | 
| [19:39] | but did you have knowledge | 但是,你知道你妻子和被告有外遇吗? | 
| [19:43] | of your wife’s affair | 但是,你知道你妻子和被告有外遇吗? | 
| [19:44] | with the defendant? | 但是,你知道你妻子和被告有外遇吗? | 
| [19:45] | I had learned about it | 我一个星期前知道的。 | 
| [19:47] | a week before. | 我一个星期前知道的。 | 
| [19:48] | ROLAND: And how did you find out, sir? | 先生,你是怎么发现的? | 
| [19:50] | Jeannie had been in therapy, | Jeannie接受过心理咨询治疗, | 
| [19:51] | and her therapist implored with her | 她的治疗师恳求她告诉我。 | 
| [19:53] | that she tell me. | 她的治疗师恳求她告诉我。 | 
| [19:54] | And as a result of your finding out, you… | 你发现后的结果是,你。。。 | 
| [19:58] | We had some very severe arguments, | 我们大吵了一通, | 
| [20:00] | ending with a recommitment | 最后我们双方对婚姻的重新予以承诺 | 
| [20:02] | by both of us to our marriage. | 最后我们双方对婚姻的重新予以承诺 | 
| [20:04] | ROLAND: And as for the defendant? | 至于被告呢? | 
| [20:06] | She planned to break it off with him. | 她打算和他断绝关系。 | 
| [20:08] | Do you know if she did that, sir? | 先生,你知道她那样做了吗? | 
| [20:09] | She said she had three conversations | 她说她和他谈了三次。。。 | 
| [20:12] | telling him that he– Objection, hearsay. | 反对,传闻证据 | 
| [20:14] | Withdrawn. | 撤回反对意见。 | 
| [20:15] | Joey. Let it in, Ellenor. – Joey。 | – 让他说,Ellenor | 
| [20:17] | No, this is– HERIC: The objection | – 不行,这是。。。 – 撤回反对意见,法官大人。 | 
| [20:19] | is withdrawn, Your Honor. | – 不行,这是。。。 – 撤回反对意见,法官大人。 | 
| [20:20] | I think we should all hear this. | 我想我们都听见了。 | 
| [20:23] | Would you continue, sir? | 你可以继续说吗,先生? | 
| [20:25] | MICHAEL: She said that he was having a difficult time | 她说他很难接受他们再也不能见面了。 | 
| [20:27] | accepting that they would not be seeing | 她说他很难接受他们再也不能见面了。 | 
| [20:29] | one another again. | 她说他很难接受他们再也不能见面了。 | 
| [20:31] | Jean even thought that she might eventually | Jean甚至想她可能最终必须要申请一个限制令。 | 
| [20:33] | have to get a restraining order. | Jean甚至想她可能最终必须要申请一个限制令。 | 
| [20:34] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [20:35] | She was becoming afraid of him. | 她开始害怕他了。 | 
| [20:38] | ROLAND: Did she use that word, sir,”afraid?” | 先生,她用了这样的词,“害怕” | 
| [20:42] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [20:44] | She was concerned | 她担心他可能要伤害她。 | 
| [20:45] | that he might try to hurt her. | 她担心他可能要伤害她。 | 
| [20:47] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,先生。 | 
| [20:53] | Well! Now I wish we hadn’t withdrawn | 那好!现在我真的希望我们没撤回那个反对意见。 | 
| [20:55] | our objection at all | 那好!如果我知道你要这样说的话, | 
| [20:56] | if I knew you were going to say that. | 现在我真的希望我们没撤回那个反对意见。 | 
| [20:58] | Mr. Heric. | Heric先生。 | 
| [20:59] | So, your wife told you the things | 那么,是你的妻子告诉你 | 
| [21:01] | she had been discussing with her therapist? | 这件她和她的心理医生讨论过的事吗? | 
| [21:03] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [21:04] | Had she engaged in any other affairs? | 她有过别的外遇吗? | 
| [21:08] | Not to my knowledge, no. | 据我所知没有。 | 
| [21:09] | Had she talked to you, | 她是不是也许告诉过你, | 
| [21:11] | perhaps, about being unusually | 有关她被一个年轻人意外地吸引住了, | 
| [21:13] | attracted to a younger man, | 有关她被一个年轻人意外地吸引住了, | 
| [21:16] | an attraction that both she | 而她和她的治疗师都认为这种吸引是不道德的? | 
| [21:17] | and her therapist considered unhealthy? | 而她和她的治疗师都认为这种吸引是不道德的? | 
| [21:24] | Mr. Homestead, | Homestead先生, | 
| [21:25] | did she tell you if she had been sexually | 她是不是告诉你他被另一个男人, | 
| [21:27] | attracted to another man, | 一个年轻男人,在性方面被吸引住了? | 
| [21:29] | a younger man? | 一个年轻男人,在性方面被吸引住了? | 
| [21:35] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [21:35] | A man that she had once even kissed? | 一个她甚至亲吻过一次的男人? | 
| [21:38] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [21:40] | HERIC: Sir, do you see that man | 先生,你今天在法庭上看到那个人了吗? | 
| [21:41] | in the courtroom today? | 先生,你今天在法庭上看到那个人了吗? | 
| [21:48] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [21:49] | Could you identify him for the court, please? | 能请你当庭指出那个人吗? | 
| [21:56] | My son, | 是我的儿子。 | 
| [21:58] | her stepson. | 她的继子。 | 
| [22:05] | Well, isn’t this exciting? | 呵,这岂不是相当地刺激吗? | 
| [22:06] | Objection! | 反对! | 
| [22:07] | Withdrawn. | 我撤回这句 | 
| [22:09] | For how many hours were you home alone | 在你报警说你妻子失踪前, | 
| [22:11] | before notifying the police | 你独自在家呆了几个小时? | 
| [22:12] | that your wife was missing? | 你独自在家呆了几个小时? | 
| [22:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 | 
| [22:14] | Around five hours. | 差不多五个小时。 | 
| [22:16] | Forgive me, sir, but I have to ask the question | 请原谅我,先生,但我必须要问 | 
| [22:19] | that’s on everybody’s mind. | 一个每个人心中都有的问题。 | 
| [22:21] | Did you kill your wife? | 是你杀了你妻子吗? | 
| [22:22] | ROLAND: Objection! | 反对! | 
| [22:24] | Overruled. | 反对无效。 | 
| [22:24] | Obviously, | 很明显, | 
| [22:25] | it wasn’t over like she said | 并不像她所说的那样, | 
| [22:27] | between her and my client. | 她和我当事人断绝了关系。 | 
| [22:28] | They found his sperm. | 发现了他的精液。 | 
| [22:29] | She clearly lied to you. | 她显然是对你撒谎了。 | 
| [22:31] | She has an affair. | 她有外遇。 | 
| [22:32] | You learned she kisses her stepson, | 你知道她吻了她的继子, | 
| [22:34] | your son. | 你的儿子。 | 
| [22:36] | Then you find out she’s lying | 然后你发现了她在撒谎 | 
| [22:37] | and still sleeping with the man | 并仍然和那个她承认有染的男人上床。 | 
| [22:38] | she claims to be afraid of. | 并仍然和那个她承认有染的男人上床。 | 
| [22:39] | If indeed she said that, | 如果她真的那么说了, | 
| [22:40] | only you know for sure. | 只有你才能确切知道。 | 
| [22:42] | Did you kill your wife? | 使你杀了你妻子吗? | 
| [22:45] | No, | 不, | 
| [22:47] | I did not. | 我没有。 | 
| [22:52] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你。 | 
| [22:53] | Objection! | 反对! | 
| [22:54] | Mr. Heric? | Heric先生? | 
| [22:55] | Nothing further, Your Honor. | 没有要问的了,法官大人。 | 
| [22:59] | FRUTT: He doesn’t | 他不需要我们帮忙,Bobby。 | 
| [23:00] | need us, Bobby. | 他不需要我们帮忙,Bobby。 | 
| [23:02] | He’s not even letting us in | 他甚至都没有把我们当成他手中的牌。 | 
| [23:04] | on all of his cards. | 他甚至都没有把我们当成他手中的牌。 | 
| [23:05] | We’re simply sitting in a courtroom | 我们就是作为仰慕他的观众坐在那里而已, | 
| [23:06] | as spectators to be impressed, | 我们就是作为仰慕他的观众坐在那里而已, | 
| [23:09] | which is exactly | 那完全是他的自恋性在作怪。 | 
| [23:10] | what his narcissistic disorder | 那完全是他的自恋性在作怪。 | 
| [23:11] | is all about. | 那完全是他的自恋性在作怪。 | 
| [23:12] | He needs other people | 他需要其他人看到他的成就 | 
| [23:14] | to see his achievements | 他需要其他人看到他的成就 | 
| [23:15] | in order for him to enjoy them. | 为了让他享受这些。 | 
| [23:17] | Well, we can’t get out now, Ellenor. | 我们现在无法退出,Ellenor。 | 
| [23:23] | FRUTT: We were just talking about you, Joey. | 我们正在说你呢,Joey。 | 
| [23:25] | Nice little bombshell. | 漂亮的突然一击。 | 
| [23:27] | Wasn’t it, though? | 不是吗,然而? | 
| [23:28] | Why didn’t you tell us about it? | 你为什么不告诉我们? | 
| [23:29] | Oh, come on. It’d ruin the surprise. | 噢,别这样,这会毁了惊喜的。 | 
| [23:32] | Now the question becomes, | 现在问题来了, | 
| [23:33] | “Do I let Daniel testify?” | “我该让Daniel作证吗?” | 
| [23:35] | Things are going so well. | 情况发展不错。 | 
| [23:36] | Does he have any skeletons? | 他有什么把柄怕人揪出来吗? | 
| [23:39] | Not that I’m aware of. | 据我所知没有。 | 
| [23:39] | Then he has to testify. | 那他就必须要作证。 | 
| [23:41] | He has to explain the semen. | 他得解释精液是怎么回事。 | 
| [23:42] | And the blood in his car. | 还有他车里的血迹。 | 
| [23:44] | I could rest now, | 我现在能完成举证了。 | 
| [23:45] | argue, they didn’t make their burden. | 并说明控方没有尽到举证责任。 | 
| [23:47] | Joey, | |
| [23:48] | things aren’t going that well. | 事情进展并不顺利 | 
| [23:50] | You need to put him up there. | 你需要让他出庭作证。 | 
| [23:55] | BERLUTI: I’ll do whatever you want, | 你想怎么样我都会去做, | 
| [23:57] | but, Jennifer, we’re not going to win this. | 但是,Jennifer,我们赢不了。 | 
| [24:01] | He’s prepared to put an army | 他准备要组成一个律师团来应对此案。 | 
| [24:02] | of lawyers on this. | 他准备要组成一支律师团来应对此案。 | 
| [24:04] | I think | 我觉得 | 
| [24:06] | we should just let it go. | 我们应该就此作罢。 | 
| [24:08] | The man rapes me, | 这人强奸了我, | 
| [24:10] | and I’m supposed to just let it go? | 而我应该就此作罢? | 
| [24:19] | Mr. Berluti? | Berluti先生吗? | 
| [24:21] | Yes. | 是我。 | 
| [24:26] | First, | 首先, | 
| [24:29] | I’m going to deny saying everything | 我会否认我将要对你所说的所有事情。 | 
| [24:30] | I’m about to tell you. | 我会否认我将要对你所说的所有事情。 | 
| [24:32] | Okay. | 好吧。 | 
| [24:36] | I don’t know if Mr. Mathis did | 我不知道Mathis先生是否做了你说他做了的事情。 | 
| [24:38] | what you’re saying he did. | 我不知道Mathis先生是否做了你说他做了的事情。 | 
| [24:42] | But there’s a junior partner at my firm, | 但是我们事务所有个初级合伙人 | 
| [24:45] | he keeps asking me what’s going on. | 他一直问我发生了什么事。 | 
| [24:48] | It’s like he’s too interested, you know? | 好像他非常感兴趣,你明白吗? | 
| [24:53] | I think he knows something. | 我觉得他知道些什么。 | 
| [24:55] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么名字? | 
| [25:07] | PAULINE: Like I say, | 如我所说, | 
| [25:10] | we never had this conversation. | 我们从未谈过话。 | 
| [25:19] | Jimmy, | |
| [25:21] | draft a complaint. | 起草起诉书。 | 
| [25:22] | Move for an emergency deposition to be taken | 并提出动议要求在提出指控前就进行一次紧急取证。 | 
| [25:24] | prior to filing the complaint. | 并要求在提出指控前就进行一次紧急取证。 | 
| [25:26] | Can you do that? | 可以那样做吗? | 
| [25:28] | YOUNG: But if there’s a danger, | 如果存在失去证据的危险的话是可以的。 | 
| [25:29] | the evidence could be lost. | 如果存在失去证据的危险的话是可以的。 | 
| [25:30] | This junior partner will have | 这个初级合伙人会受到很大压力。 | 
| [25:31] | a lot of pressure put on him. | 这个初级合伙人会受到很大压力。 | 
| [25:33] | You need to get him in a room now | 你需要现在就得到他的宣誓证言。 | 
| [25:35] | and put him under oath. | 你需要现在就得到他的宣誓证言。 | 
| [25:45] | Why not just file the complaint, Counsel? | 为什么不直接提起指控呢,律师? | 
| [25:47] | BERLUTI: We’re happy to do that, Your Honor. | 我们很乐于那样做,法官大人。 | 
| [25:49] | I would think the defendant | 我以为被告会在我们提起指控前, | 
| [25:51] | would seek to explore ways | 我以为被告会在我们提起指控前, | 
| [25:52] | of making this go away | 找出了结此事的办法, | 
| [25:54] | before we file | 找出了结此事的办法, | 
| [25:55] | since filing makes it public record. | 因为起诉会成为公开的记录。 | 
| [25:57] | That kind of threat | 这种威胁算是敲诈罪的证据了。 | 
| [25:58] | is evidence of the extortion. | 这种威胁算是敲诈罪的证据了。 | 
| [26:00] | Look, I have the automatic right | 我们起诉后也自然就有权对他取证了 | 
| [26:02] | to depose him after we sue. | 我们起诉后也自然就有权对他取证了 | 
| [26:05] | We’re happy to take that route. | 我们也可以走这样的程序。 | 
| [26:06] | WARREN: Mr. Berluti, don’t insult me. | Berluti先生,别惹我生气了。 | 
| [26:08] | The only reason you’re not formally suing | 你没有正式起诉是因为如果你这么做, | 
| [26:10] | is because by doing so, | 你没有正式起诉是因为如果你这么做, | 
| [26:12] | your card is played, | 你手里就没牌打了, | 
| [26:13] | and you’ll lose leverage. | 你就会失去筹码。 | 
| [26:15] | This thing has a bad stench to it. | 这事就有了一股恶臭。 | 
| [26:17] | But, Mr. Miles, | 但是,Miles先生, | 
| [26:19] | it’s not a question | 至于他是否能对那个律师进行取证, | 
| [26:20] | as to whether he can depose this lawyer. | 那不是个问题。 | 
| [26:23] | This motion only covers timing. | 这个动议只涉及取证时机。 | 
| [26:25] | We’re even willing to come to your place. | 我们甚至愿意去你们那里进行取证。 | 
| [26:28] | WARREN: I’m going to allow the deposition. | 我准许这次取证。 | 
| [26:31] | But, Mr. Berluti, | 但是,Berluti先生, | 
| [26:32] | like I say, | 如我所言, | 
| [26:33] | I don’t like the stench. | 我不喜欢这种臭气。 | 
| [26:36] | We had gone to a club. | 我们去了一个俱乐部。 | 
| [26:39] | At 6:00 PM? | 下午六点? | 
| [26:41] | That’s a little early, isn’t it? | 这有点早,不是吗? | 
| [26:42] | It was an underground club, | 那是个地下俱乐部, | 
| [26:44] | mostly gay. | 大多数是同性恋。 | 
| [26:45] | But a lot of heterosexuals | 但很多异性恋者 | 
| [26:47] | went there primarily | 去那里主要是为了做爱 | 
| [26:48] | to have sex. | 去那里主要是为了做爱 | 
| [26:49] | They had sex in the club? Yes. | – 他们在俱乐部里做爱? – 是的。 | 
| [26:51] | HERIC: And you and Jean Homestead | 你和Jean Homestead在谋杀发生当晚去这家俱乐部了? | 
| [26:52] | went to this club | 你和Jean Homestead在谋杀发生当晚去这家俱乐部了? | 
| [26:53] | on the night of the murder? | 你和Jean Homestead在谋杀发生当晚去这家俱乐部了? | 
| [26:55] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [26:56] | Daniel, | |
| [26:58] | what did you do there? | 你们在那儿做了些什么? | 
| [27:00] | We danced, | 我们跳舞, | 
| [27:02] | we made love. | 做爱。 | 
| [27:04] | What time did you leave? | 你们什么时候离开的? | 
| [27:05] | Probably around 8:00 or 9:00. | 可能是大概8点到9点之间吧。 | 
| [27:08] | I drove her home. | 我开车到她家。 | 
| [27:09] | HERIC: Did you go inside? | 你进去了吗? | 
| [27:10] | No, | 没有, | 
| [27:12] | I dropped her off | 我让她下车了 | 
| [27:13] | then I went home. | 然后我就回家了。 | 
| [27:14] | HERIC: You never went back | 你再也没有回她家吗? | 
| [27:15] | to her house? No. | – 没有。 | 
| [27:17] | HERIC: Well, did you receive her phone message? | 那好,你接到她的留言了吗? | 
| [27:19] | DANIEL: No, that message was left | 没有,那条留言是在我的工作手机上。 | 
| [27:20] | on my business cell, | 没有,那条留言是在我的工作手机上。 | 
| [27:22] | which she would know | 她可能知道我收不到留言的。 | 
| [27:23] | I wouldn’t get. | 她可能知道我收不到留言的。 | 
| [27:25] | That message was left to set me up. | 那条留言是为了陷害我。 | 
| [27:27] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [27:28] | Sustained. | 反对有效。 | 
| [27:29] | HERIC: Then, what about those | 那么,在你车后座上发现的微量血迹呢? | 
| [27:30] | microscopic traces of blood | 那么,在你车后座上发现的微量血迹呢? | 
| [27:33] | that were found in the backseat | 那么,在你车后座上发现的微量血迹呢? | 
| [27:34] | of your car? | 那么,在你车后座上发现的微量血迹呢? | 
| [27:35] | I have no idea. | 我不知道。 | 
| [27:38] | She’d certainly been | 她当然是有很多次在我车后座上, | 
| [27:39] | in the backseat of my car | 她当然是有很多次在我车后座上, | 
| [27:40] | many times. We’d– | 我们。。。 | 
| [27:42] | Sometimes we even made love there. | 有些时候我们甚至在那里做爱。 | 
| [27:46] | Anybody see you | 有人在俱乐部看见你和Homestead夫人了吗? | 
| [27:48] | and Mrs. Homestead at this club? | 有人在俱乐部看见你和Homestead夫人了吗? | 
| [27:50] | I’m sure people did | 我肯定有人看见了, | 
| [27:52] | but no one’s come forward. | 但没人站出来作证。 | 
| [27:53] | It’s funny how not one waitress, | 这真有趣,没有一个女侍者, | 
| [27:56] | not one bartender, | 没有一个酒保, | 
| [27:57] | not one patron | 没有一个顾客, | 
| [27:58] | remembers seeing you there. | 记得在那里见到你们。 | 
| [28:00] | It’s a pretty crowded place. | 那地方非常拥挤 | 
| [28:01] | Any witnesses to establish | 有能证明谋杀当晚你独自在家的证人吗? | 
| [28:03] | that you were home alone | 有能证明谋杀当晚你独自在家的证人吗? | 
| [28:04] | the night of the murder? | 有能证明谋杀当晚你独自在家的证人吗? | 
| [28:05] | Well, if there were witnesses, | 这个嘛,如果有证人的话, | 
| [28:07] | I wouldn’t have been alone. | 我就不会是独自一人了。 | 
| [28:08] | Ever been convicted of a felony, | 可曾被判过什么重罪吗, | 
| [28:10] | Mr. Carrington? | Carrington先生? | 
| [28:19] | Once. | 有一次。 | 
| [28:22] | Many years ago. | 很多年前。 | 
| [28:23] | What was it? | 什么罪? | 
| [28:26] | Assault. ROLAND: Assault and battery. | – 侵犯人身罪 – 侵害人身罪和殴击罪 | 
| [28:28] | You beat up a girlfriend, | 你殴打了你的女朋友, | 
| [28:29] | didn’t you, Mr. Carrington? | 不是吗,Carrington先生? | 
| [28:31] | I pushed her. | 我只是推了她。 | 
| [28:32] | ROLAND: Pushed her and she was hospitalized | 推了她,而她带着三根断掉的肋骨住进了医院。 | 
| [28:34] | with three broken ribs, | 推了她,而她带着三根断掉的肋骨住进了医院。 | 
| [28:36] | wasn’t she, Mr. Carrington? | 不是吗,Carrington? | 
| [28:48] | Did you know about that conviction? | 你知道那次定罪吗? | 
| [28:51] | HERIC: So what? He was only 19 at the time. | 那又怎么样?他那时才19岁。 | 
| [28:53] | It doesn’t matter. | 那没什么区别。 | 
| [28:54] | That felony was reason enough | 那次定罪就是不让他出庭作证的充分理由。 | 
| [28:55] | to keep him off the stand. | 那次定罪就是不让他出庭作证的充分理由。 | 
| [28:57] | HERIC: You told me to put him on. | 你们告诉我要他出庭作证。 | 
| [28:58] | DONNELL: We didn’t know he beat up a former girlfriend. | 我们不知道他殴打了以前的女友。 | 
| [29:00] | HERIC: Well, the jury had to hear his story. | 好吧,陪审团得了解他的过往。 | 
| [29:02] | DONNELL: How about you letting us in | 从现在开始让我们知道所有的事情,如何? | 
| [29:03] | on all the facts from now on? | 从现在开始让我们知道所有的事情,如何? | 
| [29:06] | Just help me prepare my closing. | 就帮我准备结案陈词吧。 | 
| [29:09] | We’ll meet you back at the office. | 我们在事务所等你。 | 
| [29:17] | I have no information whatsoever. | 我什么也不知道。 | 
| [29:20] | What’s your relationship | 你和Mathis先生的关系如何? | 
| [29:21] | with Mr. Mathis? | 你和Mathis先生的关系如何? | 
| [29:23] | I work with him. We’re both lawyers | 我为他工作,我们都在同一家事务所里。 | 
| [29:24] | in the same firm. | 我为他工作,我们都在同一家事务所里。 | 
| [29:25] | Do you socialize together? | 你们在一起交往吗? | 
| [29:27] | MARK: No, we do not. | 不,我们没什么交往。 | 
| [29:28] | Were you in the Palmer House Hotel | 四月十二日的晚上,你在Palmer酒店吗? | 
| [29:30] | on the evening of April 12th? | 四月十二日的晚上,你在Palmer酒店吗? | 
| [29:32] | No, I was not. | 不,我不在。 | 
| [29:34] | BERLUTI: Do you have any information | 关于Mathis先生在4月12日卷入的事件中, | 
| [29:35] | concerning the events | 关于Mathis先生在4月12日卷入的事件中, | 
| [29:36] | involving Mr. Mathis | 你知道些什么吗? | 
| [29:37] | on April 12th? | 你知道些什么吗? | 
| [29:38] | Asked and answered. | 重复提问。 | 
| [29:39] | MARK: I will answer it again. | 我可以再回答一次。 | 
| [29:42] | I don’t know what you’re talking about, | 我不知道你在说什么, | 
| [29:43] | and I have no information. | 我也没有什么信息可以提供。 | 
| [29:47] | Do you know Jennifer Cole? | 你认识Jennifer Cole吗? | 
| [29:49] | No, I do not. | 不,我不认识。 | 
| [29:50] | Ever heard of her before? | 以前听说过她吗? | 
| [29:52] | Only in connection | 只在本次诉讼中听到过。 | 
| [29:53] | with this lawsuit. | 只在本次诉讼中听到过。 | 
| [29:59] | Okay. | 那好吧。 | 
| [30:00] | We’re done. | 我们完事了。 | 
| [30:02] | You can go, Mark. | 你可以走了,Mark | 
| [30:06] | You also, please. | 你也可以走了,谢谢。 | 
| [30:12] | If you go forward | 如果你继续进行下去,Berluti先生, | 
| [30:13] | with this lawsuit, Mr. Berluti, | 如果你继续进行下去,Berluti先生, | 
| [30:15] | this is the counterclaim | 这是等待着你的反诉。 | 
| [30:16] | that awaits you. | 这是等待着你的反诉。 | 
| [30:18] | Never mind abuse of process. | 滥用司法程序算是轻的。 | 
| [30:20] | There are counts of libel, | 还有诽谤罪, | 
| [30:21] | defamation of character. | 毁损名誉。 | 
| [30:23] | You can’t sue me for what I allege in a complaint. | 你不能因为我在诉状中的指控而起诉我。 | 
| [30:25] | MATHIS: Oh, we will. | 噢,我们会这样干的。 | 
| [30:27] | And, truthfully, I hope we lose | 而且,坦率地说,我希望我们第一轮输掉才好。 | 
| [30:28] | the first go-round. | 而且,坦率地说,我希望我们第一轮输掉才好。 | 
| [30:30] | That’ll give us a chance | 那样我们就有机会去上诉法庭, | 
| [30:31] | to go to the appeals court, | 那样我们就有机会去上诉法庭, | 
| [30:32] | possibly the S. J. C. | 可能是马萨诸塞州最高法院。 | 
| [30:35] | I hope you like working | 我希望你喜欢上这个案子,Berluti先生。 | 
| [30:36] | on this case, Mr. Berluti, | 我希望你喜欢上这个案子,Berluti先生。 | 
| [30:38] | because for the next three years, | 因为接下来的三年, | 
| [30:41] | you’ll have time for little else. | 你就没有时间去做别的了。 | 
| [30:47] | Sorry we’re late. | 对不起我们来晚了。 | 
| [30:48] | We were held up in court, and we all wanted | 我们在法庭上耽搁了,我们都想一起来。 | 
| [30:49] | to come over together. What is this? | – 我们在法庭上耽搁了,我们都想一起来。 – 这算什么? | 
| [30:51] | YOUNG: This is an army, Mr. Mathis. | 这是一支军队,Mathis先生。 | 
| [31:01] | YOUNG: See, you may have thought to yourself, | 听着,你可能暗自寻思, | 
| [31:03] | “Nobody’s gonna take up the cause | “没人会支持一个卑鄙的妓女” | 
| [31:05] | of a lowly prostitute,” | “没人会支持一个卑鄙的妓女” | 
| [31:06] | but you were wrong. | 但你错了。 | 
| [31:08] | Jennifer Cole is a friend of this firm. | Jennifer Cole是我们事务所的朋友。 | 
| [31:10] | We care about Jennifer Cole. | 我们关心Jennifer Cole。 | 
| [31:12] | We stand committed to exercising | 我们致力于维护Jennifer Cole的权力。 | 
| [31:14] | Jennifer Cole’s rights. | 我们致力于维护Jennifer Cole的权力。 | 
| [31:15] | I guess what I’m trying to say, Mr. Mathis, | Mathis先生,我想我们要对你说的是, | 
| [31:18] | if you want a war, | 如果你想要一场战争, | 
| [31:20] | you’ve got one. | 那你如愿了。 | 
| [31:22] | MATHIS: You think you’re ready to challenge | 你们认为你们准备要挑战我们事务所的人力和财力吗? | 
| [31:23] | the resources of this law firm? | 你们认为你们准备要挑战我们事务所的人力和财力吗? | 
| [31:25] | Do some research. | 去打听打听吧。 | 
| [31:27] | We’ve been up against big firms before | 我们以前对抗过很多大的律师事务所, | 
| [31:28] | and beaten them for a lot of money. | 并让他们付出了沉重的代价。 | 
| [31:31] | A reputation is a terrible thing to waste, | 名誉受损是件可怕的事。 | 
| [31:34] | Mr. Mathis. | Mathis先生。 | 
| [31:36] | You people are what give lawyers | 你们这些人玷污了律师的名声。 | 
| [31:37] | a bad name. | 你们这些人玷污了律师的名声。 | 
| [31:39] | WASHINGTON: No, lawyers who rape | 不对,犯下强奸罪的律师才玷污了我们的名声。 | 
| [31:41] | give us a bad name. | 不对,犯下强奸罪的律师才玷污了我们的名声。 | 
| [31:42] | DONNELL: Look, | 听着, | 
| [31:43] | we can fight | 我们开战或者就此达成和解, | 
| [31:45] | or we can settle this, | 我们开战或者就此达成和解, | 
| [31:46] | but like Eugene Young said, | 但如Eugene Young所说, | 
| [31:48] | if it’s a fight you want, | 如果你想开战, | 
| [31:50] | you’re in for a big one. | 你会迎来一场恶战。 | 
| [31:51] | And, win or lose, | 而且,不管结果如何, | 
| [31:54] | you lose. | 你都是输的。 | 
| [32:13] | $175,000, | 十七万五千元 | 
| [32:16] | all conditioned on total confidentiality. | 所有的条款都完全保密。 | 
| [32:21] | A hundred and seventy-five thousand? | 十七万五千元? | 
| [32:23] | I think we should take it. | 我认为我们应该接受。 | 
| [32:24] | Okay. | 那好呀。 | 
| [32:26] | We’ll have the check tomorrow. | 我们明天可以拿到支票。 | 
| [32:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [32:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [32:33] | Thank you all. | 谢谢你们大家。 | 
| [32:39] | But, Jennifer, listen. | 但是,Jennifer,听我说。 | 
| [32:47] | This guy, Mathis, | Mathis这个家伙, | 
| [32:48] | if he’s capable of rape, | 如果他能干出强奸这样的事, | 
| [32:51] | we just left him pretty hot. | 我们又刚让他非常恼火。 | 
| [32:53] | I don’t want you ever… | 我不像你再。。。 | 
| [32:54] | going back to the Palmer House. | 回到Palmer酒店去。 | 
| [32:56] | I won’t. | 我不会的。 | 
| [32:58] | BERLUTI: You have a little girl, Jennifer. | 你有个小女儿,Jennifer。 | 
| [33:00] | She needs you. | 他需要你。 | 
| [33:02] | The other night, | 没准儿哪一天, | 
| [33:03] | you could have been killed. | 你可能就被杀了。 | 
| [33:06] | You need to start over. | 你需要开始新生活。 | 
| [33:08] | I will, Jimmy, | 我会的,Jimmy, | 
| [33:12] | and not just for her, | 不仅仅是为我女儿, | 
| [33:13] | but for you. | 也很为了你。 | 
| [33:14] | You don’t owe me nothing. | 你不欠我什么。 | 
| [33:15] | I owe you my life, Jimmy, | 我这条命都是欠你的,Jimmy, | 
| [33:20] | and I’ll never forget it. | 我永远也不会忘记的。 | 
| [33:37] | ROLAND: She told her husband | 她告诉她的丈夫她害怕Daniel Carrington, | 
| [33:38] | she feared Daniel Carrington, | 她告诉她的丈夫她害怕Daniel Carrington, | 
| [33:40] | feared that he might hurt her, | 害怕他会伤害她, | 
| [33:42] | and she’s found dead. | 而后她死了。 | 
| [33:45] | Dead with traces of Daniel Carrington’s | 身上残留着Daniel Carrington的精液。 | 
| [33:46] | semen in her. | 身上残留着Daniel Carrington的精液。 | 
| [33:48] | Her blood is found | Daniel Carrington的车里发现了她的血迹。 | 
| [33:49] | in Daniel Carrington’s car. | Daniel Carrington的车里发现了她的血迹。 | 
| [33:51] | Come on. | 想想吧。 | 
| [33:52] | He previously beat up | 他以前打得另一个女友进了医院。 | 
| [33:54] | and hospitalized another girlfriend. | 他以前打得另一个女友进了医院。 | 
| [33:57] | All the evidence | 这个案子里所有的证据都指向他。 | 
| [33:58] | in this case points to him, | 这个案子里所有的证据都指向他。 | 
| [34:00] | and what’s his story? | 而他怎么解释的? | 
| [34:02] | They made love in a bar? | 他们在酒吧里做爱? | 
| [34:05] | Nobody saw them in this bar, | 那酒吧没人看见他们 | 
| [34:07] | not one patron, | 没有一个顾客, | 
| [34:09] | not one waitress or bartender. | 没有一个侍者或酒保。 | 
| [34:11] | There was a message | 一条来自受害人断绝关系的留言。 | 
| [34:13] | from the victim | 一条来自受害人断绝关系的留言。 | 
| [34:14] | breaking off the relationship. | 一条来自受害人断绝关系的留言。 | 
| [34:16] | A message… | 一条。。。 | 
| [34:17] | to the defendant left one hour | 在她死前一个小时发给被告的留言。 | 
| [34:19] | before she was murdered. | 在她死前一个小时发给被告的留言。 | 
| [34:21] | There is no doubt here, | 这不存在疑问, | 
| [34:25] | ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们。 | 
| [34:27] | Daniel Carrington | Daniel Carrington | 
| [34:29] | murdered Jean Homestead. | 谋杀了Jean Homestead。 | 
| [34:41] | I certainly understand the theory | 我当然理解这种认为是Danny所为的推测。 | 
| [34:43] | that Danny did it. | 我当然理解这种认为是Danny所为的推测。 | 
| [34:45] | His sperm, | 他的精液, | 
| [34:46] | the blood, | 还有血迹, | 
| [34:47] | phone message, | 电话留言, | 
| [34:49] | it makes perfect sense | 由此得出那样的结论是很有道理的, | 
| [34:50] | to jump to that conclusion, | 由此得出那样的结论是很有道理的, | 
| [34:51] | doesn’t it? | 不是吗? | 
| [34:52] | But we don’t jump to conclusions | 但在谋杀案审理中,我们不能急于得出结论。 | 
| [34:54] | in murder trials. | 但在谋杀案审理中,我们不能急于得出结论。 | 
| [34:56] | The evidence has to establish guilt | 证据必须要能超越合理怀疑地证实罪名成立。 | 
| [34:59] | beyond all reasonable doubt. | 证据必须要能超越合理怀疑地证实罪名成立。 | 
| [35:01] | Now, have they really done so here? | 而现在,控方真的做到这一点了吗? | 
| [35:04] | They certainly didn’t rule out | 控方当然没有排除掉 | 
| [35:06] | that they made love at the club | 他们在酒吧做爱 | 
| [35:08] | or that Danny was alone at home. | 或者Danny是独自在家的可能。 | 
| [35:12] | And let’s face it. | 让我们正视这一点。 | 
| [35:13] | We really can’t rule out the husband, | 我们完全不能排除这个丈夫作案的嫌疑, | 
| [35:15] | can we? | 能吗? | 
| [35:16] | He had motive, | 他有作案动机, | 
| [35:18] | opportunity, | 作案条件, | 
| [35:19] | no alibi. | 没有不在现场证明。 | 
| [35:21] | What about the stepson, | 还有那个继子, | 
| [35:22] | for that matter? | 同样是吧? | 
| [35:23] | Hmm? Any stepson | 嗯?所有卷入恋母情结的继子 | 
| [35:25] | embroiled in an Oedipal affair | 嗯?所有卷入恋母情结的继子 | 
| [35:28] | is certainly capable of twisted turns. | 也当然能变成一个怪僻。 | 
| [35:31] | It doesn’t even stop there. | 这还不算完。 | 
| [35:34] | Suppose Danny Carrington | 假设Danny Carrington有另一个情人。 | 
| [35:35] | had another lover. | 假设Danny Carrington有另一个情人。 | 
| [35:38] | No evidence, to be sure, but they | 当然这没有证据,但是他们甚至没对此进行调查。 | 
| [35:41] | didn’t even investigate that. | 当然这没有证据,但是他们甚至没对此进行调查。 | 
| [35:43] | And is it really that far-fetched? | 但这真的有那么牵强吗? | 
| [35:46] | The other lover | 另一个情人 | 
| [35:47] | gets wind of the little session | 在俱乐部听到小道消息, | 
| [35:49] | at the club, | 在俱乐部听到小道消息, | 
| [35:51] | goes to the victim’s house, | 就去受害人的家里, | 
| [35:54] | threatens her, | 威胁她, | 
| [35:56] | forces her to make that phone call | 强迫她打了那个意在把Danny牵扯进来的电话。 | 
| [35:58] | to implicate Danny. | 强迫她打了那个意在把Danny牵扯进来的电话。 | 
| [36:00] | Then he or she kills the woman, | 然后他或者她杀了这个女人。 | 
| [36:03] | dumps her in the alley, | 把她丢在小巷里, | 
| [36:04] | knowing full well | 他们完全清楚警方会怀疑谁。 | 
| [36:06] | who the police will blame. | 他们完全清楚警方会怀疑谁。 | 
| [36:09] | He or she even plants | 他或者她甚至会把血迹栽赃在Danny的车里。 | 
| [36:11] | that little blood speck in his car. | 他或者她甚至会把血迹栽赃在Danny的车里。 | 
| [36:16] | Now, Danny is the obvious suspect, | 现在,Danny是最明显的嫌疑犯, | 
| [36:20] | but it could have been anybody, | 但也可能是其他人干的, | 
| [36:22] | maybe one of you, | 也许是你们中的一个干的, | 
| [36:26] | maybe the judge, | 也许是法官干的 | 
| [36:31] | maybe me. | 也许是我干的。 | 
| [36:38] | Now, | 现在, | 
| [36:38] | could have been a bonehead, | 可能是Danny这样的笨蛋所做愚蠢的谋杀 | 
| [36:39] | stupid murder by Danny | 可能是Danny这样的笨蛋所做愚蠢的谋杀 | 
| [36:42] | or one of the more perfect variety | 或者,是某个人的完美的手法陷害了他, | 
| [36:45] | by somebody else to frame him, | 或者,是某个人的完美的手法陷害了他, | 
| [36:47] | the husband, | 受害人的丈夫, | 
| [36:49] | the stepson, | 继子, | 
| [36:50] | a female lover, | 一个女情人, | 
| [36:52] | a big, gay, | 一个同性恋, | 
| [36:54] | sick lover, anybody. | 变态的情人,任何人都有可能。 | 
| [36:58] | The simple truth is, | 简而言之 | 
| [37:01] | we don’t know, | 我们都不清楚, | 
| [37:03] | certainly not beyond | 这肯定是没有超越合理怀疑的。 | 
| [37:05] | all reasonable doubt. | 这肯定是没有超越合理怀疑的。 | 
| [37:39] | They sent you with the check? | 他们派你来送支票了? | 
| [37:41] | No, the check is coming by messenger. | 不是,支票是邮差来送。 | 
| [37:44] | May I see you in private, Mr. Berluti? | Berluti先生,我可以和你私下谈谈吗? | 
| [37:53] | I’m a man of conscience, | 我是个有良心的人, | 
| [37:55] | which made yesterday | 这使得昨天成为我一生中最难受的一天。 | 
| [37:56] | one of the most difficult days in my life. | 这使得昨天成为我一生中最难受的一天。 | 
| [38:01] | I lied in my deposition, Mr. Berluti. | Berluti先生,我在证词上撒谎了。 | 
| [38:05] | I had a hunch. | 我有预感。 | 
| [38:06] | I don’t think you had this particular hunch. | 我觉得你没有料到这事不同寻常。 | 
| [38:11] | About six weeks ago, | 大概六周前, | 
| [38:12] | I met Jennifer Cole | 我在Palmer酒店遇到了Jennifer Cole。 | 
| [38:13] | in the Palmer House. | 我在Palmer酒店遇到了Jennifer Cole。 | 
| [38:15] | She passed herself off | 她冒充一名年轻的广告主管。 | 
| [38:16] | as a young advertising executive. | 她冒充一名年轻的广告主管。 | 
| [38:18] | We got a room, we made love, | 我们开了一个房间,做爱, | 
| [38:21] | after which, she informed me | 完事后,她告诉我她是个妓女 | 
| [38:22] | that she was a prostitute | 完事后,她告诉我她是个妓女 | 
| [38:24] | and if I didn’t give her $10,000, | 如果我不给她一万块的话, | 
| [38:26] | she would tell my wife | 她会告诉我的妻子, | 
| [38:29] | or cry “Rape.” | 或者哭诉说“被强奸了” | 
| [38:35] | Here’s a copy of my check. | 这是我给她的支票的复印件。 | 
| [38:41] | There’s nothing to be done now. | 现在一切都结束了。 | 
| [38:42] | Your case is settled. | 你的案子也和解了。 | 
| [38:44] | But these are people | 但这都是有家室的人, | 
| [38:45] | with families, | 但这都是有家室的人, | 
| [38:46] | Mr. Berluti. | Berluti先生。 | 
| [38:49] | It’s difficult for me to stay quiet | 她如果还打算再这么干的话, | 
| [38:51] | knowing she’s going to do this again. | 我很难再保持沉默。 | 
| [39:06] | Did you kill her? | 是你杀了她吗? | 
| [39:07] | HERIC: Bobby, I was throwing out a hypothetical. | Bobby,我在提出一个假设。 | 
| [39:09] | DONNELL: I don’t think so, Joey. | Joey,我可不这么看。 | 
| [39:11] | This totally fits your narcissistic disorder. | 这完全符合你的自恋型人格紊乱。 | 
| [39:14] | The only reason we were at that table | 我们被拉进这个案子的唯一原因 | 
| [39:15] | was to be an audience for that smile. | 就是作为观众看到你那个微笑。 | 
| [39:18] | You did it, | 是你干的, | 
| [39:19] | and you wanted us to know you did it. | 而且你希望我们知道是你干的。 | 
| [39:21] | HERIC: You’ve been watching too much television. | 你电视剧看得太多了。 | 
| [39:22] | DONNELL: Did you and Danny used to be lovers? | 你和Danny过去是情人吗? | 
| [39:24] | Well, now that you mention it, | 好吧,既然你提到了, | 
| [39:26] | that’s how I got the case. | 这就是我怎么得到这个案子的原因。 | 
| [39:28] | DONNELL: I’m going to the D. A. | 我要去找地区检察官。 | 
| [39:29] | HERIC: Oh, please, Bobby. | 噢,拜托别这样,Bobby。 | 
| [39:31] | The jury’s out. | 陪审团去商议了。 | 
| [39:32] | If we win, you’ve got nothing to say. | 如果我们赢了,你没什么好说的。 | 
| [39:34] | If we lose, | 如果我们输了, | 
| [39:35] | well, D. A. s just love | 检察官只会乐于放弃定罪,不是吗? | 
| [39:37] | to throw out convictions, don’t they? | 检察官只会乐于放弃定罪,不是吗? | 
| [39:38] | I’m sure he’ll be thrilled to listen. | 我敢肯定听到你说的他会很兴奋。 | 
| [39:40] | FRUTT: I think you wanna lose. | 我认为你是想输。 | 
| [39:41] | That’s why you put your guy on the stand | 所以你才让你那被判过重罪的当事人出庭作证 | 
| [39:44] | with a felony conviction | 所以你才让你那被判过重罪的当事人出庭作证 | 
| [39:46] | and that closing? HERIC: Well, wait, wait. | – 还有那套结案陈词? – 等等 | 
| [39:47] | What was wrong with my closing? | 结案陈词有什么问题? | 
| [39:48] | FRUTT: It was ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 | 
| [39:50] | “Maybe the judge did it, | “也许是法官干的, | 
| [39:51] | maybe a juror did it?” | 可能是陪审员干的吧?” | 
| [39:52] | I also said, “Maybe the lawyer did it.” | 我也说了,“也许是律师干的” | 
| [39:54] | That part, you seem to believe. | 这一句,你们似乎是相信了。 | 
| [39:56] | DONNELL: You killed her. | 是你杀了她。 | 
| [40:01] | you think I’m evil? | 你们觉得我是个恶魔吗? | 
| [40:03] | DONNELL: You murdered his lover, | 你某撒谎了他的情人, | 
| [40:05] | framed him, | 陷害他, | 
| [40:06] | got yourself put on as his lawyer | 让你自己当他的律师担保他脱罪。 | 
| [40:07] | to guarantee he goes away. | 让你自己当他的律师担保他脱罪。 | 
| [40:11] | Well, I must say, it does sound | 好吧,我必须要说,这听起来配得上我。 | 
| [40:13] | worthy of me. | 好吧,我必须要说,这听起来配得上我。 | 
| [40:23] | Hi, everybody. | 嗨,大家好。 | 
| [40:29] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了? | 
| [40:33] | The name “Mark Greene” | “Mark Greene”这个名字 | 
| [40:35] | didn’t ring a bell with you, Jennifer? | 没有让你想起什么吗,Jennifer? | 
| [40:39] | You cashed his check. | 你兑现了他的支票。 | 
| [40:45] | You did the same thing to him | 你对他做了和对Mathis同样的事。 | 
| [40:47] | you did to Mathis. | 你对他做了和对Mathis同样的事。 | 
| [40:52] | Here’s your check. | 这是你的支票。 | 
| [40:54] | Take it, | 拿走吧。 | 
| [40:56] | walk out of this office, | 离开我的办公室, | 
| [40:57] | and never come back here again. | 永远也别再回来。 | 
| [41:01] | These people are rich, Jimmy. | 这些都是有钱人,Jimmy。 | 
| [41:05] | It’s expensive | 我养孩子很花钱,而且。。。 | 
| [41:06] | raising a child, and… | 我养孩子很花钱,而且。。。 | 
| [41:08] | BERLUTI: The biggest problem your child has | 你孩子最大的问题就是有你这么个妈妈。 | 
| [41:10] | is having you for a mother. | 你孩子最大的问题就是有你这么个妈妈。 | 
| [41:14] | If I hear of this happening ever again, | 如果我再听到发生这类的事, | 
| [41:18] | I’ll go to the police | 我就会去找警方和社会服务机构 | 
| [41:20] | and to Social Services | 我就会去找警方和社会服务机构 | 
| [41:22] | to take that child away from you. | 把你的孩子带走。 | 
| [41:26] | Take the check, | 拿上这张支票, | 
| [41:28] | walk out, | 出去吧, | 
| [41:29] | and never come back. | 永远别回来。 | 
| [41:55] | I’m so nervous. | 我好紧张呀。 | 
| [41:56] | PATRICK: Will the defendant please rise? | 请被告站起来, | 
| [42:01] | Madam foreperson, | 陪审团主席女士, | 
| [42:03] | has the jury reached a unanimous verdict? | 陪审团达成一致裁决了吗? | 
| [42:06] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的,法官大人。 | 
| [42:07] | What say you? | 请宣布。 | 
| [42:09] | FOREPERSON: In the matter of the Commonwealth | 马萨诸塞州诉Daniel Carrington, | 
| [42:10] | versus Daniel Carrington, | 马萨诸塞州诉Daniel Carrington, | 
| [42:12] | on the charge of murder | 一级谋杀罪一案, | 
| [42:13] | in the first degree, | 一级谋杀罪一案, | 
| [42:15] | we, the jury, find the defendant, | 本陪审团裁决被告Daniel Carrington, | 
| [42:17] | Daniel Carrington, | 本陪审团裁决被告Daniel Carrington, | 
| [42:19] | guilty. | 罪名成立。 | 
| [42:24] | HERIC: We will appeal, Your Honor. | 我们要求上诉,法官大人。 | 
| [42:25] | So noted. | 予以记录在案。 | 
| [42:26] | Members of the jury, | 陪审团成员们, | 
| [42:28] | this completes your service. | 你们已尽到了你们的义务。 | 
| [42:29] | Security, will you take | 法警,将被告收押。 | 
| [42:30] | the defendant into custody? | 法警,将被告收押。 | 
| [42:32] | We’re hereby adjourned. | 我们特此休庭。 | 
| [42:35] | HERIC: Danny, listen, don’t lose hope. | Danny,听着,不要绝望。 | 
| [42:36] | We will keep trying. But what happens now, right? | – 我们会继续努力的 – 现在这是怎么回事? | 
| [42:38] | HERIC: We’re gonna come right in. | 我们会立即着手。 | 
| [42:39] | We’re gonna start talking about our appeal. | 我们会开始讨论上诉事宜。 | 
| [42:41] | Now, Danny, don’t lose hope. | 现在,Danny,不要绝望。 | 
| [42:43] | Don’t lose hope, Danny. | Danny,不要绝望。 | 
| [42:44] | Remember, | 记住, | 
| [42:45] | in the end, | 最终, | 
| [42:47] | it’s a good world. | 一切都会好起来的。 | 
| [42:53] | Well, | 那好吧, | 
| [42:54] | I guess you can’t win them all. | 我觉得就是你也完全赢不了。 | 
| [42:57] | If I can figure out a way to reveal what I know, I will. | 如果我能找到办法披露我所知道的,我就会去做的。 | 
| [43:00] | HERIC: Certainly you know the allegation | 你当然知道指控我是故意输掉案子, | 
| [43:01] | that I tried to lose a case | 你当然知道指控我是故意输掉案子, | 
| [43:03] | would be libel, per se. | 本身就是诽谤。 | 
| [43:06] | Listen, come on, sometimes you have to accept | 听着,算了吧,有时候你得承认不幸的结果。 | 
| [43:08] | unfortunate outcomes. | 听着,算了吧,有时候你得承认不幸的结果。 | 
| [43:10] | All part of being a lawyer, isn’t it? | 都是做律师这行免不了的,不是吗? | 
| [43:13] | Right, Ellie? | 对吗,Ellie? | 
| [43:16] | Well, if you’ll excuse me, | 好了,我少陪了, | 
| [43:17] | I’m wanna go try to dig up some new clients. | 我要去找些新客户了。 | 
| [43:21] | Till we meet again. | 后会有期。 |