| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:06] | Why won’t she tell us what it’s about? | 她为什么不告诉我们这是怎么回事? | 
| [00:08] | I have no idea. | 我不知道。 | 
| [00:11] | Have we broken any rules or anything? | 我们有没有任何违规的地方? | 
| [00:13] | Oh, not that I’m aware of. | 噢,据我所知没有。 | 
| [00:14] | I’ve never even appeared before this judge. | 我从来没有跟这个法官打过交道。 | 
| [00:16] | Neither have I. | 我也是。 | 
| [00:20] | Sorry to keep you waiting, gentlemen. | 对不起让你们久等了,先生们。 | 
| [00:22] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你们能过来。 | 
| [00:25] | I’ll, uh, skip the pleasantries and get right to it. | 我会,呃,省去客套话,直入主题。 | 
| [00:29] | Lawrence O’Malley. | Lawrence O’Malley | 
| [00:30] | You’ve heard of him. | 你们听说过他了。 | 
| [00:31] | We read the papers. | 我们看了新闻了。 | 
| [00:33] | Excellent. Then you’re halfway up to speed. | 很好,那前半部分就不用说了。 | 
| [00:36] | You obviously know he thinks he’s Hannibal Lecter. (Hannibal Lecter,)。 | 显然你们已经知道他认为自己是汉尼拔 | 
| [00:39] | Tomorrow’s papers will be covering his need | 明天的新闻会报道他需要新律师的事, | 
| [00:41] | for new counsel, | 明天的新闻会报道他需要新律师的事, | 
| [00:42] | which is where you come in. | 那就是你们要起到作用的事。 | 
| [00:44] | You’re it. | 就是你们了。 | 
| [00:46] | I beg your pardon? | 请您再说一遍? | 
| [00:47] | COOKE: His lawyer fell out. | 他和他的律师闹翻了。 | 
| [00:50] | There will be no continuance for Mr. O’Malley. | 我也不会再给O’Malley先生的审理延期了。 | 
| [00:52] | The trial will start | 庭审后天开始。 | 
| [00:53] | the day after tomorrow, | 庭审后天开始。 | 
| [00:54] | which means I need seasoned criminal-defense attorneys | 这就是说我需要经验丰富的刑事辩护律师 | 
| [00:57] | who can jump in– Hold on a second. | – 立即投入进来。。。 – 等一等 | 
| [00:59] | COOKE: The files are being delivered to your office | 在我们谈话时,相关材料已经送到你们的事务所了 | 
| [01:00] | as we speak. You can’t just assign us– | 您不能就这么指派我们。。。 | 
| [01:02] | COOKE: What you need to know about the judge, Mr. Donnell, | Donnell先生,对于法官,你必须要明白的是 | 
| [01:05] | is that she doesn’t like to be interrupted. | 她说话时不喜欢被人打断。 | 
| [01:09] | The trial starts on Tuesday. | 周二开始庭审 | 
| [01:11] | You will be his lawyer. | 你们会作为他的律师。 | 
| [01:13] | In fact, I’m assigning your entire firm to it | 实际上,我指派你们整个事务所来办这个案子, | 
| [01:16] | to ensure the bastard doesn’t have | 确保这个混蛋不会有任何律师不称职的上诉理由。 | 
| [01:17] | any inadequate counsel appeals. | 确保这个混蛋不会有任何律师不称职的上诉理由。 | 
| [01:18] | What about our other cases? | 那我们其他的案子怎么办? | 
| [01:20] | We have– I’ll write you a note. | – 我们有。。。 – 我会给你写张便条。 | 
| [01:23] | Sorry to do this, boys, | 对不起只能这样,伙计们。 | 
| [01:24] | but your reputation speaks for itself. | 但你们的名声不言而喻。 | 
| [01:27] | I need good lawyers who can jump in on a dime. | 我需要能立即投入进来的优秀律师。 | 
| [01:29] | What happened to his other lawyer? | 他和他那个律师发生了什么事? | 
| [01:33] | There was a conflict. | 他们发生了争执。 | 
| [01:36] | Your client bit off his nose. | 你的当事人把他律师的鼻子咬下来了。 | 
| [02:36] | The whole firm? | 整个事务所? | 
| [02:37] | Who is this judge? | 法官是谁呀? | 
| [02:38] | Look, let’s not waste time talking about the judge. | 听着,我们不要浪费时间谈论法官了。 | 
| [02:41] | It is what it is. We have to get ready for the trial. | 就是这样。我们必须为庭审做准备了。 | 
| [02:43] | Starting Tuesday? | 周二就开始? | 
| [02:44] | DONNELL: Helen Gamble is the D. A., so we at least don’t need | Helen Gamble作为控方检察官,所以我们至少 | 
| [02:46] | scouting reports on the prosecution. | 不需要去摸清控方的底细了。 | 
| [02:48] | Eugene and I will meet with the client tonight. | Eugene和我今晚去见当事人。 | 
| [02:50] | Ellenor, I need you and Bec to meet with psychiatrists | Ellenor,我需要你和Bec今早第一件事就是 | 
| [02:52] | first thing in the morning. | 去找精神病医生谈谈。 | 
| [02:54] | So we’re going insanity? | 那么说我们要采用精神失常的辩护策略吗? | 
| [02:55] | DONNELL: Yes. Lindsay, I’d like you and Jimmy | 是的,Lindsay,我想让你和Jimmy | 
| [02:57] | to meet with his former lawyer. | 去见他之前的律师。 | 
| [02:59] | He’s at Mass General in good condition. | 他在马萨诸塞州总医院,状况还好。 | 
| [03:02] | BERLUTI: The guy really thinks he’s Hannibal Lecter? | 这家伙真的以为自己是汉尼拔? | 
| [03:03] | That seems to be the question. | 那似乎就是问题所在。 | 
| [03:05] | The prosecution thinks he’s faking. | 检方认为他是装的。 | 
| [03:08] | Eugene, we should go. | Eugene,我们该走了。 | 
| [03:15] | He’s shackled, straitjacket, muzzled. | 他戴着镣铐,穿着约束衣,戴着面罩。 | 
| [03:18] | I think you’ll be okay. | 我觉得你们应该没危险。 | 
| [03:19] | Has he been fed? | 喂过他了吗? | 
| [03:20] | Is that a joke? | 是开玩笑吗? | 
| [03:22] | We don’t find your guy too funny, counsel. | 我们没发现你们这些人还挺逗的,律师。 | 
| [03:26] | You want a guard in there or not? | 你们要不要警卫在场? | 
| [03:27] | Up to you. | 你来定。 | 
| [03:32] | No. We’ll be okay. | 不用。我们没问题。 | 
| [03:49] | I’m Bobby Donnell, this is Eugene Young, | 我是Bobby Donnell,这位是Eugene Young, | 
| [03:52] | appointed by the court to represent you. | 由法庭指派为你辩护。 | 
| [03:55] | The judge refused to continue the case. | 法官拒绝审理延期。 | 
| [03:57] | She evidently didn’t want to reward you | 她显然是不想因为你咬掉人身上某个部位而给你奖励。 | 
| [03:59] | for biting off body parts. | 她显然是不想因为你咬掉人身上某个部位而给你奖励。 | 
| [04:01] | That means we go day after tomorrow, | 这就是说后天就要开庭, | 
| [04:03] | which means we have a lot to do. | 也就是说我们有很多事要做。 | 
| [04:09] | We’re going to need your full cooperation. | 我们需要你完全地配合。 | 
| [04:13] | What’s your name? | 你的名字是? | 
| [04:20] | Did you miss the part about full cooperation? | 你听到我说的要完全地配合了吗? | 
| [04:23] | What’s your name? | 你的名字是? | 
| [04:28] | My name is listed | 我的名字在起诉书上写着呢。 | 
| [04:30] | in the indictment. | 我的名字在起诉书上写着呢。 | 
| [04:32] | I assume the question is designed to elicit | 我想你这个问题是为了引出 | 
| [04:34] | what I think my name is | 我认为自己的名字是什么, | 
| [04:36] | to give you some sense of whether I’m sane. | 为了让你知道我是否神志正常。 | 
| [04:40] | I suggest you take it up with the doctors. | 我建议你和医生谈一下。 | 
| [04:42] | All right. Look, let’s not waste time with you | 那好,听着,让我们不要在你试图证明 你比我聪明这个问题上浪费时间了。 | 
| [04:44] | trying to prove you’re smarter than me. | 那好,听着,让我们不要在你试图证明 你比我聪明这个问题上浪费时间了。 | 
| [04:46] | You’re in prison, I’m not. | 是你在监狱里,不是我。 | 
| [04:48] | You’re sitting there shackled, | 是你而不是我,正戴着镣铐面罩坐在那里。 | 
| [04:49] | wearing a muzzle, I’m not. | 是你而不是我,正戴着镣铐面罩坐在那里。 | 
| [04:52] | You’re the one who could be spending the rest of his life | 你才是那个可能会被关一辈子的人。 | 
| [04:54] | in prison. | 你才是那个可能会被关一辈子的人。 | 
| [04:56] | Do you know your name? | 你知道你的名字吗? | 
| [05:00] | Lean in closer. | 靠得更近。 | 
| [05:02] | Just tell me. | 说吧。 | 
| [05:04] | My name is Hannibal Lecter. | 我的名字是Hannibal Lecter。 | 
| [05:09] | You plan to argue insanity? | 你们打算用精神失常来辩护吗? | 
| [05:12] | DONNELL: You murdered and ate three people, | 你谋杀并吃了三个人。 | 
| [05:14] | Mr. Lecter. | Lecter先生。 | 
| [05:17] | Insanity seems to be our best bet. | 精神失常似乎是我们最好的选择。 | 
| [05:19] | I didn’t kill them. | 我没杀他们。 | 
| [05:21] | The other man killed them. | 别的人干的。 | 
| [05:23] | What other man? | 什么别的人? | 
| [05:27] | What other man? | 什么别的人? | 
| [05:38] | The doctors think basically | 医生基本上认为 | 
| [05:40] | he created this man in his head | 他是为了谋杀本身而在头脑中臆造出这么一个人。 | 
| [05:41] | for the murders themselves. | 他是为了谋杀本身而在头脑中臆造出这么一个人。 | 
| [05:43] | He’s never denied | 他从未否认他吃掉了受害者, | 
| [05:44] | consuming the victims, | 他从未否认他吃掉了受害者, | 
| [05:46] | but it’s always the other persona | 但却总是另一个人捅死的那些女孩子。 | 
| [05:47] | who stabbed the girls. | 但却总是另一个人捅死的那些女孩子。 | 
| [05:49] | What’s the diagnosis? | 诊断结果呢? | 
| [05:50] | It’s all over the map. | 说什么的都有。 | 
| [05:53] | One of my doctors says, paranoid schizophrenia, | 其中一个医生说,偏执型精神分裂症, | 
| [05:55] | another says, psychotic disorder. | 另一个说是精神失常。 | 
| [05:58] | The prosecution experts say, | 而检方的专家则说, | 
| [06:00] | he’s faking it, | 他是装的。 | 
| [06:02] | that he stabbed the girls | 他捅死那些女孩子, | 
| [06:03] | and he ate them to give himself an insanity defense, | 然后把她们吃了,用以当作精神失常的辩护理由, | 
| [06:05] | should he ever get caught? | 他会被抓住吗? | 
| [06:07] | BERLUTI: It would convince me. | 我会信的。 | 
| [06:08] | What do you think? | 你怎么认为? | 
| [06:10] | Look, to do what he’s done, | 听着,按他的所作所为, | 
| [06:14] | obviously there’s some severe | 很明显是存在一些严重的精神缺陷。 | 
| [06:16] | mental deficit here. | 很明显是存在一些严重的精神缺陷。 | 
| [06:18] | Is he criminally insane? | 刑事犯罪角度上,他算是精神失常吗? | 
| [06:20] | Did he not understand that what he was doing was wrong? | 他不知道他所做的是错误的吗? | 
| [06:23] | I don’t know. | 我说不清。 | 
| [06:24] | All I am sure of, | 我能确信的是, | 
| [06:26] | he’s as crazy as he may be. | 他或许是疯了。 | 
| [06:29] | He is not stupid. | 但他不傻。 | 
| [06:32] | Don’t ever think | 千万别以为你们是在掌管他,Dole女士。 | 
| [06:34] | you’re in charge of him, Ms. Dole. | 千万别以为你们是在掌管他,Dole女士。 | 
| [06:36] | I promise you, | 我向你保证, | 
| [06:38] | he’ll be in control of you. | 他会控制你们的。 | 
| [06:45] | FRUTT: One of the psychiatrists had him take a polygraph | 一个精神病医生给他做了测谎。 | 
| [06:47] | He passed. | 他通过了。 | 
| [06:48] | Said he was Hannibal Lecter, said another guy | 说他是Hannibal Lecter,说另一个家伙杀了那些女孩子。 | 
| [06:50] | killed the girls. | 说他是Hannibal Lecter,说另一个家伙杀了那些女孩子。 | 
| [06:52] | He passed the lie detector | 他非常顺利地通过了测谎仪。 | 
| [06:54] | with flying colors. | 他非常顺利地通过了测谎仪。 | 
| [06:55] | He could also describe the killings. | 他还能描述出杀人的场景。 | 
| [06:57] | It was basically like he stepped outside of himself | 总的来说就像是他跳出自我而在一旁看着别人在杀人。 | 
| [06:59] | and was watching somebody else do it. | 总的来说就像是他跳出自我而在一旁看着别人在杀人。 | 
| [07:01] | And then he would step back into himself to… | 然后他又回复到自我去。。。吃了她们。 | 
| [07:03] | Eat them. | 然后他又回复到自我去。。。吃了她们。 | 
| [07:05] | DOLE: And the police think he’s faking because? | 警方认为他是在装,是因为? | 
| [07:08] | EUGENE: He has a 9:00 to 5:00 job. | 他有一份朝九晚五的工作。 | 
| [07:09] | He punches in every day as Lawrence O’Malley, | 他每天都用Lawrence O’Malley的名字上班打卡, | 
| [07:11] | pays his bills on time. | 按时支付账单。 | 
| [07:13] | Are they offering anything? | 控方提了什么认罪条件了吗? | 
| [07:14] | Life in prison. | 终身监禁。 | 
| [07:16] | The client turned it down. I guess he’s not that crazy. | 咱们这个当事人拒绝了。我觉得他没疯。 | 
| [07:19] | FRUTT: So what? Are we all gonna try this? | 那怎么办?我们全都要来办这个案子吗? | 
| [07:21] | Lindsay, I’d like you to open. | Lindsay,我想让你做开庭陈述。 | 
| [07:22] | Women victims, let’s put a woman | 既然本案是女性受害者, | 
| [07:23] | on the face of our defense. | 我们就推出一个女性到前台 | 
| [07:25] | Jimmy, you take the lawyer. | Jimmy,你负责那个律师。 | 
| [07:26] | We’re gonna call him? | 我们打算传他出庭吗? | 
| [07:28] | DONNELL: Probably first. | 说不定第一个就是他 | 
| [07:29] | Ellenor, Bec, you got the doctors. | Ellenor, Bec,你们负责医生。 | 
| [07:30] | Eugene and I will take the prosecution witnesses. | Eugene和我会负责控方的证人。 | 
| [07:32] | HATCHER: Bobby, a Mr. and Mrs. O’Malley are here. | Bobby,O’Malley先生和夫人来了。 | 
| [07:35] | DONNELL: Who? | 谁? | 
| [07:36] | Hannibal’s parents. | 那个汉尼拔的双亲。 | 
| [07:40] | He would make up fictitious characters | 他会虚构人物特性并假设他们的身份。 | 
| [07:43] | and assume their identities. | 他会虚构人物特性并假设他们的身份。 | 
| [07:44] | I think it made him feel stronger. | 我觉得那让他感到强大。 | 
| [07:48] | He started pretending he was Hannibal Lecter | 他在十年前电影上映不久后, | 
| [07:50] | about 10 years ago shortly after the movie came out, | 开始假装他自己是Hannibal Lecter | 
| [07:53] | probably so that… | 可能是。。。 | 
| [07:56] | he could feel dangerous. | 他可能是感到了危险。 | 
| [07:59] | And at some point, | 而且在某些时刻。 | 
| [08:03] | he really thought he was. | 他真的认为他就是汉尼拔了。 | 
| [08:05] | Mr. Donnell, | |
| [08:06] | Lawrence would never do | Lawrence绝不会做这些事的。 | 
| [08:08] | these things. | Lawrence绝不会做这些事的。 | 
| [08:10] | We want you to hear that from his parents. | 我们希望你从他父母嘴里听到这些。 | 
| [08:13] | This is some sort of insanity, | 这是某种精神失常, | 
| [08:15] | but Lawrence, | 但是Lawrence他, | 
| [08:17] | he is not a killer. | 他不是个凶手。 | 
| [08:20] | He took his knife | 他拿着刀 | 
| [08:22] | and he gutted her | 他捅死了她 | 
| [08:25] | like he was… | 就好像他在。。。 | 
| [08:27] | cleaning a fish. | 给一条鱼开膛。 | 
| [08:28] | Who did? | 谁干的? | 
| [08:31] | The other man. | 另一个人。 | 
| [08:33] | She didn’t die right away. | 她没有马上死。 | 
| [08:38] | DONNELL: Okay Look, | 好了,听我说, | 
| [08:39] | we have to make a decision here on the restraints. | 我们在此必须要针对他受到的限制措施做个决定。 | 
| [08:42] | He’s gonna look like a monster | 如果他带着镣铐和面罩, | 
| [08:44] | if he’s shackled and muzzled. | 他会像看起来个恶棍一样 | 
| [08:45] | I’m not sitting next to him. | 那样我可不坐在他身边。 | 
| [08:46] | He attacked his last lawyer, Bobby. | Bobby,他袭击了他上一个律师。 | 
| [08:48] | DONNELL: We can petition the court to keep him | 我们可以向法庭申请不让他出庭。 | 
| [08:49] | out of the room. | 我们可以向法庭申请不让他出庭。 | 
| [08:50] | WASHINGTON: And I say let him look like a monster. | 要我说就让他看起来像个恶棍吧。 | 
| [08:52] | Our strategy here isn’t to make him feel relatable. | 我们此案的策略并不是要让陪审团觉得他与罪行无关。 | 
| [08:54] | Juries don’t acquit monsters, Rebecca. | Rebecca,陪审团不会判一个恶棍无罪的。 | 
| [08:57] | First thing they teach us in law school, | 在法学院,教给我们的第一件事就是, | 
| [08:59] | monsters lose. | 恶棍有罪。 | 
| [09:11] | GAMBLE: Anybody who would take the lives | 任何一个夺去了三个年轻姑娘的生命 | 
| [09:13] | of three young women | 任何一个夺去了三个年轻姑娘的生命 | 
| [09:14] | then cannibalize them | 然后吃了她们的人, | 
| [09:16] | has to have a little insanity going on. | 一定是有些精神失常。 | 
| [09:19] | But did Mr. O’Malley | 但O’Malley先生理解他行为的性质和程度吗? | 
| [09:22] | understand the nature and quality | 但O’Malley先生理解他行为的性质和程度吗? | 
| [09:24] | of his acts? | 但O’Malley先生理解他行为的性质和程度吗? | 
| [09:26] | Did he know | 他知道他的所为是错误的吗? | 
| [09:27] | what he was doing was wrong? | 他知道他的所为是错误的吗? | 
| [09:31] | Of course he did. | 他当然知道。 | 
| [09:33] | Ladies and gentlemen, the evidence will show | 女士们先生们,证据会表明 | 
| [09:35] | he tried to conceal his crimes. | 他试图隐瞒他的罪行。 | 
| [09:38] | He tried to avoid getting caught. | 他试图避免被抓住。 | 
| [09:40] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [09:42] | Because he knew it was wrong. | 因为他知道他做的是错的。 | 
| [09:45] | This man acted knowingly, | 这个人的行为是明知故犯地 | 
| [09:48] | reflectively, | 是经过沉思的, | 
| [09:50] | and methodically. | 是有条不紊地。 | 
| [09:52] | He’d go to the same bar, | 他去同一家酒吧, | 
| [09:54] | select a victim, | 选择一个受害人, | 
| [09:55] | hit on her, | 挑逗她。 | 
| [09:57] | then when rebuffed, | 当被拒绝时, | 
| [09:59] | follow her, | 就尾随着她, | 
| [10:01] | abduct her, | 绑架她, | 
| [10:03] | stab her to death, | 刺死她, | 
| [10:05] | then eat her. | 然后吃了她。 | 
| [10:08] | DOLE: None of us can fathom | 没人能理解Lawrence O’Malley | 
| [10:10] | what must be happening | 的脑子里到底在想些什么。 | 
| [10:11] | in Lawrence O’Malley’s brain. | 的脑子里到底在想些什么。 | 
| [10:13] | To fillet three women | 用刀把三个女人切成肉片, | 
| [10:15] | with a knife, | 用刀把三个女人切成肉片,吃下去。 | 
| [10:17] | to consume them. | 用刀把三个女人切成肉片,吃下去。 | 
| [10:19] | This is not how sane people behave. | 这不是一个理智的人的行为。 | 
| [10:22] | As this trial goes forward, | 随着庭审的进行, | 
| [10:24] | you’re gonna look at this man sitting over there | 你们会看着坐在那里的这个人 | 
| [10:25] | and probably wonder to yourselves | 你们可能会感到诧异 | 
| [10:27] | whether he’s even human. | 他算不算是人类。 | 
| [10:28] | You might look at me | 你们也许看着我和其他律师为他辩护, | 
| [10:30] | and the other lawyers defending him | 你们也许看着我和其他律师为他辩护, | 
| [10:31] | and have questions about our humanity. | 并对我们的人性产生质疑。 | 
| [10:33] | How can we defend such a monster? | 我们怎么能为这样一个怪物辩护呢? | 
| [10:35] | Well, our judicial system | 固然,我们的司法体系是涉及多方面的。 | 
| [10:37] | is about many things. | 固然,我们的司法体系是涉及多方面的。 | 
| [10:39] | What it’s first and foremost about | 但首要的是保护最脆弱和最易受到伤害的人群。 | 
| [10:40] | is protecting society’s weakest | 但首要的是保护最脆弱和最易受到伤害的人群。 | 
| [10:42] | and most vulnerable members. | 但首要的是保护最脆弱和最易受到伤害的人群。 | 
| [10:45] | Lawrence O’Malley is severely, | Lawrence O’Malley患有非常严重的精神疾病。 | 
| [10:47] | severely mentally ill. | Lawrence O’Malley患有非常严重的精神疾病。 | 
| [10:51] | The evidence we present to you | 我们展示给你们的证据将令人信服地证实这一点。 | 
| [10:52] | will establish this convincingly. | 我们展示给你们的证据将令人信服地证实这一点。 | 
| [10:54] | You’ll want to ignore it | 你们会想无视这一点, | 
| [10:56] | because you’re human. | 因为你们是人类。 | 
| [10:58] | Your sympathy for the victims, | 你们对受害人的同情, | 
| [10:59] | your hatred for our client | 你们对我们的当事人的憎恨, | 
| [11:01] | will make you want to ignore or deny | 会使得你们想无视或者否认 | 
| [11:03] | what the doctors tell you. | 医生们所告诉你们的事实。 | 
| [11:05] | But as jurors, you have an obligation | 但作为一名陪审员,你们有义务去权衡证据。 | 
| [11:07] | to weigh the evidence. | 但作为一名陪审员,你们有义务去权衡证据。 | 
| [11:09] | That’s your duty. | 那是你们的责任。 | 
| [11:10] | That’s why you’re here. | 那是你们在这里的原因。 | 
| [11:12] | And the evidence will tell you, | 而证据将会告诉你们, | 
| [11:14] | Lawrence O’Malley is insane. | Lawrence O’Malley精神失常了。 | 
| [11:34] | DETECTIVE: We’d had so many complaints | 我们接到了很多有关那间房子味道难闻的投诉, | 
| [11:36] | about how bad the house smelled, | 我们接到了很多有关那间房子味道难闻的投诉, | 
| [11:38] | we finally sent an officer out there. | 我们最后派了一名警官去那里。 | 
| [11:40] | He took one step inside | 他往里迈了一步 | 
| [11:41] | and recognized the odor | 就闻出来那是残留的腐烂气味。 | 
| [11:43] | to be decomposing remains. | 就闻出来那是残留的腐烂气味。 | 
| [11:45] | We obtained a search warrant, went to the premises, | 我们申请了搜查令,去了那幢建筑, | 
| [11:48] | and quickly found three bodies in the basement | 在地下室发现了三具腐烂程度不同的尸体。 | 
| [11:50] | in different stages of decomposition. | 在地下室发现了三具腐烂程度不同的尸体。 | 
| [11:53] | Was anybody else there, detective? | 还有别人在那里吗,警探? | 
| [11:55] | The defendant. | 被告在那里。 | 
| [11:57] | He kept saying, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” | 他一直说“对不起,对不起。” | 
| [11:59] | That’s pretty much all he said at the house. | 在那房子里,他基本上说的就是。 | 
| [12:01] | “I’m sorry.” | “对不起。” | 
| [12:02] | GAMBLE: Now, and you said the bodies | 那么,你说过尸体的腐烂程度不一。 | 
| [12:03] | were in different stages. | 那么,你说过尸体的腐烂程度不一。 | 
| [12:05] | DETECTIVE: One was basically skeletal. | 一具尸体基本上就剩骨架了。 | 
| [12:07] | The other two were carcasses. | 另外两具是待食用的肉畜一般。 | 
| [12:10] | It was extremely gruesome. | 真是极其恐怖。 | 
| [12:12] | Detective, | 警探, | 
| [12:14] | did you find anything else? | 你还发现了别的什么吗? | 
| [12:16] | There was a freezer | 那里有个冰箱 | 
| [12:17] | which contained frozen meat, | 里面装着冻肉, | 
| [12:20] | human meat. | 人肉。 | 
| [12:24] | GAMBLE: Now, you later interrogated Mr. O’Malley | 那么,稍后你在警察局审问O’Malley先生,不是吗? | 
| [12:27] | at the police station, did you not? | 那么,稍后你在警察局审问O’Malley先生,不是吗? | 
| [12:29] | DETECTIVE: Yes, where he described each of the killings | 审了,他详细地描述了每一起谋杀案。 | 
| [12:31] | in detail. | 审了,他详细地描述了每一起谋杀案。 | 
| [12:33] | According to the coroner, | 据验尸官说, | 
| [12:34] | the descriptions were accurate. | 描述是准确的。 | 
| [12:36] | Thank you, detective. | 谢谢你,警探。 | 
| [12:40] | You asked my client his name? | 你问了我的当事人姓名了吗? | 
| [12:43] | DETECTIVE: Yes. | 问了。 | 
| [12:44] | What did he tell you? | 他怎么跟你说的? | 
| [12:45] | He said his name was Hannibal Lecter. | 他说他的名字是Hannibal Lecter。 | 
| [12:48] | Did he say he killed the women? | 他说是他杀的这些女人吗? | 
| [12:49] | DETECTIVE: No. He claims he witnessed | 没有,他宣称他可以证明是别人杀的。 | 
| [12:51] | the other man do it. | 没有,他宣称他可以证明是其他人杀的。 | 
| [12:52] | He just… | 他就是。。。 | 
| [12:54] | called him the other man. | 把自己称作其他人。 | 
| [12:55] | The same other man for all three murders? | 三起谋杀案都是同一个“其他人”干的吗? | 
| [12:58] | DETECTIVE: Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [12:59] | Did he describe the other man? | 你描述了这个“其他人”吗? | 
| [13:00] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [13:02] | The description he gave | 他的描述的差不多就是他自己。 | 
| [13:03] | pretty much matched himself. | 他的描述的差不多就是他自己。 | 
| [13:06] | He would be at the bar three nights a week, easy. | 他一周会去三次酒吧,很从容的。 | 
| [13:08] | Do you specifically remember | 你确实记得被告吗? | 
| [13:11] | the defendant? | 你确实记得被告吗? | 
| [13:12] | MR. WILLIAMS: Oh, yes. He was too weird not to remember. | 噢,是的,他太怪了以致于不可能记不得。 | 
| [13:14] | I served him many nights, and I never heard him speak. | 我好些晚上都接待过他,但我从来没听他开口说话。 | 
| [13:16] | Did you ever see him speak? | 你看到他开口说话吗? | 
| [13:18] | MR. WILLIAMS: To women I did. | 我看见过他和女人说过话。 | 
| [13:20] | He was always trying to talk up women. | 他总是想和女人搭讪。 | 
| [13:22] | I never saw him have success. | 我没见他成功过。 | 
| [13:24] | Did you ever see Mr. O’Malley | 你曾看见 O’Malley先生跟这些女人说过话吗? | 
| [13:26] | talk to any of these women? | 你曾看见 O’Malley先生跟这些女人说过话吗? | 
| [13:28] | I know I saw him talking to the first girl, | 我记得我看见他和第一个女孩说过话, | 
| [13:31] | and I remember the look on her face. | 而且我记得她脸上的表情。 | 
| [13:32] | It was like, “Get this kook away from me.” | 就好像是,“让这个怪人离我远点。” | 
| [13:35] | DONNELL: You used the words strange, weird, kook, | 你用了“奇怪”,“怪异”,“怪人”这些词, | 
| [13:38] | based on your observations of my client, Mr. Williams, | 基于你对我的当事人的观察,Williams先生, | 
| [13:41] | he seemed nuts? GAMBLE: Objection. | – 他看起来像疯子吗? – 反对。 | 
| [13:43] | Lay opinion. I’ll allow it. | – 非专业意见。 – 我允许这个提问。 (美国法庭上,法院会允许非专家证人以看法 的形式来解释其证词,但不能作为专业结论) | 
| [13:45] | You may answer. | 你可以回答。 | 
| [13:46] | He seemed very nuts. | 他看起来不是一般的疯。 | 
| [13:47] | DONNELL: And he would come in three nights a week | 他平均一周去三个晚上吗? | 
| [13:49] | on average? | 他平均一周去三个晚上吗? | 
| [13:50] | Yes. | 对。 | 
| [13:51] | He would, uh, try to talk | 他会,呃,有时候他试图和女人交谈。 | 
| [13:53] | to women sometimes. | 他会,呃,有时候他试图和女人交谈。 | 
| [13:54] | Other nights he’d just sit at the bar, | 其他的晚上,他就是坐在吧台, | 
| [13:56] | sometimes motionless | 有时静止不动就像是发呆一样。 | 
| [13:57] | like he was in this trance, | 有时静止不动就像是发呆一样。 | 
| [13:59] | just staring straight ahead. | 只是直视前方。 | 
| [14:02] | Uh, the guy wasn’t right. | 呃,这家伙不对劲。 | 
| [14:14] | We don’t need that. | 我们不要那样。 | 
| [14:16] | Scaring the jury doesn’t help us here, Lawrence. | 吓唬陪审团对我们没有帮助,Lawrence | 
| [14:18] | Just sit there and be a passive monster. | 就坐在那当个规规矩矩的怪物好了。 | 
| [14:21] | Can you do that, please? | 拜托你能做到吗? | 
| [14:24] | All right, look, the facts are pretty much in. | 好吧,听着,实际上差不多是这样的。 | 
| [14:26] | The rest of the trial goes to the insanity issue. | 余下的庭审会涉及到精神失常方面的问题。 | 
| [14:29] | The big decision for us is whether or not | 我们需要做出的最重要的决定是 | 
| [14:31] | to let you testify. | 是否让你出庭作证。 | 
| [14:32] | EUGENE: We’d like to put you up there, | 我们想让你出庭作证, | 
| [14:34] | but we can’t, if we think you’ll strike | 但如果我们认为你会吓唬人们的话, | 
| [14:36] | terror in people. | 我们就不能那样做。 | 
| [14:40] | Forbes is here. | Forbes在这儿。 | 
| [14:42] | Jimmy’s prepping him. | Jimmy在帮他做准备。 | 
| [14:43] | DONNELL: Okay. | 好的。 | 
| [14:45] | We’ll lead with him | 我们先让他作证, | 
| [14:46] | and then go with the doctors. | 然后是医生。 | 
| [14:48] | I’d like to talk to her, please. | 我想和她谈谈。 | 
| [14:50] | Who? | 谁? | 
| [14:51] | Her, my attorney. | 她,我的律师。 | 
| [14:54] | The one who delivered the eloquent opening about me | 那个发表了把我说成是社会最弱势成员之一 | 
| [14:57] | being one of society’s most… | 那个发表了把我说成是社会最弱势成员之一 | 
| [14:59] | vulnerable members. | 的雄辩开场白的人, | 
| [15:02] | Please… | 拜托。。。 | 
| [15:05] | sit. | 坐下。 | 
| [15:17] | Hello, Clarissa. Oh, brother. | – 你好,Clarissa。 – 噢,天啊。 | 
| [15:19] | LAWRENCE: Could you leave, Bobby? | 你可以回避一下吗,Bobby? | 
| [15:21] | I’d like to speak with Clarissa alone. | 我想单独和Clarissa说几句。 | 
| [15:23] | I’m not Clarissa, Lawrence. | 我不是Clarissa,Lawrence。 | 
| [15:25] | Jodie Foster wasn’t even Clarissa. | 连Jodie Foster也不是Clariss。 | 
| [15:28] | She was Clarice, | 她是Clarice, (朱迪·福斯特在沉默的羔羊中饰演Clarice Starling) | 
| [15:29] | and even she’s not Clarice anymore. | 她甚至也不再是什么Clarice了。 | 
| [15:34] | Do they know? | 他们知道吗? | 
| [15:36] | Does Bobby know? | Bobby知道吗? | 
| [15:39] | Does he know what? | 知道什么? | 
| [15:42] | That you’re in love with me. | 你爱上我了。 | 
| [15:47] | I think he might be faking. | 我觉得他是在装。 | 
| [15:49] | Hannibal Lecter, isn’t that a little too pat? | Hannibal Lecter,岂不是有点太扯了? | 
| [15:52] | We’ll let the prosecution argue that. | 我们会让控方提出这一点。 | 
| [15:54] | Experts ready? | 专家准备好了吗? | 
| [15:55] | Oh, they’re ready and convincing. | 噢,他们准备好了,很有说服力。 | 
| [15:57] | They don’t think he’s faking at all. | 他们完全不认为他是在装。 | 
| [15:59] | Jimmy? | |
| [16:00] | Forbes is set. | Forbes也准备好了。 | 
| [16:03] | What about the muzzle? | 面罩怎么办? | 
| [16:05] | I think it should come off. | 我觉得应该摘下来。 | 
| [16:07] | DONNELL: We’ll take the muzzle off | 当他作证的时候,我们会把他的面罩摘掉。 | 
| [16:08] | when he testifies. | 当他作证的时候,我们会把他的面罩摘掉。 | 
| [16:11] | We need to get back. | 我们该回去了。 | 
| [16:14] | He kept talking about the other man, | 他一直在说什么其他人, | 
| [16:17] | how he watched the other man stab them. | 说他是如何看着其他人行凶。 | 
| [16:20] | I would gently remind him, “Lawrence, | 我会和缓地提醒他, | 
| [16:22] | there was no other man. | “Lawrence,没有什么其他人,那就是你” | 
| [16:24] | The other man is you.” | “Lawrence,没有什么其他人,那就是你” | 
| [16:26] | He never liked that. | 他不爱听。 | 
| [16:28] | He’d ask me to please not say | 他要求我别说他就是凶手。 | 
| [16:29] | he was the killer. | 他要求我别说他就是凶手。 | 
| [16:30] | Mr. Forbes, why did you remind him? | Forbes先生,你为什么要提醒他? | 
| [16:34] | FORBES: Well, we were about to start trial. | 这个嘛,我们将要出庭了。 | 
| [16:36] | I had to prepare him for things | 我得让他对那些甚至会从他自己的医生嘴里 听到的事有些准备。 | 
| [16:38] | he was gonna hear from his own doctors even. | 我得让他对那些甚至会从他自己的医生嘴里 听到的事有些准备。 | 
| [16:40] | But he just didn’t like hearing that, | 但是他就是不想听到那些说他是凶手的话。 | 
| [16:42] | that he was the killer. | 但是他就是不想听到那些说他是凶手的话。 | 
| [16:45] | Friday night, | 周五晚上, | 
| [16:46] | I reminded him again, | 我又一次提醒他, | 
| [16:49] | and that was it. | 结果就这样了。 | 
| [16:50] | What happened? | 发生了什么? | 
| [16:51] | He just lunged | 他就是像一头罗威犬一样扑过来。 | 
| [16:53] | like a Rottweiler. | 他就是像一头罗威犬一样扑过来。 | 
| [16:54] | He had me by the nose. | 他咬了我的鼻子。 | 
| [16:55] | In the course of your representation of Mr. O’Malley, | 在你代理O’Malley先生的过程中, | 
| [16:58] | what can you tell us about his mental– | 关于他的精神状态,你能告诉我们什么? | 
| [17:00] | Objection. He is trying to admit | – 反对。 – 他想再次引入医学的专家意见。 | 
| [17:02] | medical opinions again. | – 反对。 – 他想再次引入医学的专家意见。 | 
| [17:03] | BERLUTI: No, a lay opinion. | 不对,这还是非专业看法。 | 
| [17:05] | GAMBLE: Your Honor, I will stipulate | 法官大人,我敢担保, | 
| [17:07] | the lay opinion of Mr. O’Malley is he’s crazy. | 对于O’Malley先生的非专业看法是说他疯了。 | 
| [17:09] | But this witness has no foundation | 但在与本案有关的法律层面的精神失常问题上, | 
| [17:12] | to present testimony | 但在与本案有关的法律层面的精神失常问题上, | 
| [17:13] | on the issue of legal insanity | 这个证人没有提供证词的依据。 | 
| [17:15] | as it relates to this trial. | 这个证人没有提供证词的依据。 | 
| [17:17] | I’m going to agree. | 我同意你的意见。 | 
| [17:19] | The witness may speak to the defendant’s behavior, | 证人可以谈及被告的举止行为, | 
| [17:21] | but leave the psychiatric opinions to the doctors. | 但把精神病学的意见留给医生们做出。 | 
| [17:30] | Mr. O’Malley, | |
| [17:31] | please take your seat. | 请坐在你的座位上。 | 
| [17:34] | Mr. O’Malley– Your Honor, | – O’Malley先生 – 法官大人, | 
| [17:37] | at this time I’d ask | 此刻我要求取消检察官的资格。 | 
| [17:38] | that the district attorney be disqualified. | 此刻我要求取消检察官的资格。 | 
| [17:41] | Why? | 为什么? | 
| [17:42] | She and I have had relations. | 她和我发生过关系。 | 
| [17:51] | It was one of those moments where time | 那是一个时光都冻结了的时刻。 | 
| [17:52] | just seemed to freeze. | 那是一个时光都冻结了的时刻。 | 
| [17:54] | Even Helen Gamble herself | 甚至Helen Gamble自己似乎都暂时呆住了。 | 
| [17:55] | seemed momentarily paralyzed. | 甚至Helen Gamble自己似乎都暂时呆住了。 | 
| [17:57] | GAMBLE: Such crap. Well, what do they expect me to do, | 一派胡言,呵,他们希望我做什么, | 
| [17:59] | jump up and react? Stupid media. | 跳起来回应吗?愚蠢的媒体。 | 
| [18:02] | Helen, I know we agreed | Helen,我知道我们都同意不在家里谈工作。 | 
| [18:04] | to never talk shop at home, | Helen,我知道我们都同意不在家里谈工作。 | 
| [18:06] | but you really should put something on the table. | 但是你真的应该提出某种交易条件嘛。 | 
| [18:08] | It was a stunt, Ellenor, and you know it. | 那是个噱头,Ellenor,你懂的。 | 
| [18:10] | “Hey, everybody, look how insane I am.” | “嘿,大家伙儿,看看我有多疯”。 | 
| [18:12] | FRUTT: Could be, | 可能是个噱头, | 
| [18:13] | but not many people eat flesh. | 但毕竟不是很多人会吃人肉的。 | 
| [18:15] | The jury’s got to think he’s nuts. | 陪审团会认为他是疯子。 | 
| [18:17] | Jurors are human. | 陪审员是正常人。 | 
| [18:18] | At their core, they’re vengeful. | 他们的核心理念,是有复仇心理的。 | 
| [18:20] | I think you’re projecting there. | 我觉得你是在推测。 | 
| [18:22] | And when they go back to deliberate | 当他们回头去思量他对那些女人的所作所为时, | 
| [18:23] | about what he did to those women, | 当他们回头去思量他对那些女人的所作所为时, | 
| [18:26] | compassion won’t be winning out. | 对他的怜悯不会占上风的。 | 
| [18:28] | MAN (on TV): Tomorrow, the case turns to the doctors, | 明天,轮到医生们出场, | 
| [18:31] | where both sides have their experts lined up. | 双方都有各自的专家阵容。 | 
| [18:34] | The base illness is paranoid schizophrenia. | 病源是偏执型精神分裂症。 | 
| [18:37] | The fixed false belief | 顽固地错认他是Hannibal Lecter。 | 
| [18:38] | is that he’s Hannibal Lecter. | 顽固地错认他是Hannibal Lecter。 | 
| [18:40] | FRUTT: And, doctor, does paranoid schizophrenia | 医生,偏执型精神分裂症会使人去杀人吗? | 
| [18:42] | make a person homicidal? | 医生,偏执型精神分裂症会使人去杀人吗? | 
| [18:44] | Well, there are no norms. | 这个,这不是常态。 | 
| [18:45] | It doesn’t necessarily make a person dangerous. | 这不一定会使患者变得危险。 | 
| [18:48] | It seems with Mr. O’Malley | 似乎O’Malley先生在杀人的时候, | 
| [18:49] | that when he kills, he experiences | 他在他的另一个心理环境中,精神病发作了。 | 
| [18:51] | a psychotic break | 他在他的另一个心理环境中,精神病发作了。 | 
| [18:53] | from his other reality. | 他在他的另一个心理环境中,精神病发作了。 | 
| [18:54] | You lost me there. | 你让我听糊涂了。 | 
| [18:56] | WOMAN: He becomes somebody else altogether | 他杀人的时候,完全变成了别的什么人, | 
| [18:58] | when he kills, the other person. | 他杀人的时候,完全变成了别的什么人, | 
| [19:00] | Then he goes back to being Mr. Lecter. | 然后他回复变成了Lecter先生。 | 
| [19:03] | Basically, he suffers from paranoid schizophrenia | 总的来说,他他患有偏执型精神分裂症。 | 
| [19:05] | always, | 一直是这样, | 
| [19:06] | and he suffers from periodic psychosis | 最重要的是,他患有周期性精神病。 | 
| [19:09] | on top of that. | 最重要的是,他患有周期性精神病。 | 
| [19:11] | GAMBLE: Or he’s faking. | 或者他是装的。 | 
| [19:13] | WOMAN: I don’t believe he could feign | 我不相信他能装出这些症状来,Gamble女士。 | 
| [19:14] | these kinds of symptoms, Ms. Gamble. | 我不相信他能装出这些症状来,Gamble女士。 | 
| [19:16] | GAMBLE: Well, doctor, have you ever known a person | 那好,医生,你曾知道有人假装精神分裂症或精神病吗? | 
| [19:18] | to feign schizophrenia or psychosis? | 那好,医生,你曾知道有人假装精神分裂症或精神病吗? | 
| [19:21] | Successfully, | 装得很像的, | 
| [19:22] | it would be extremely rare. | 那非常罕见。 | 
| [19:24] | But it can be done | 那是可以做到的, | 
| [19:26] | and in my medical opinion, | 而且从我的医学观点来看, | 
| [19:28] | Mr. O’Malley is doing it here. | O’Malley先生正在那儿装呢。 | 
| [19:29] | Why do you think so? | 你为什么这么认为? | 
| [19:31] | MAN: Well, for starters, | 首先, | 
| [19:32] | he’s completely functional as Lawrence O’Malley. | 他完全履行了Lawrence O’Malley应有的行为。 | 
| [19:34] | He goes to work, | 他去上班, | 
| [19:36] | performs competently there. | 工作上表现出色。 | 
| [19:37] | None of his co-workers have ever seen | 他的工友们从未发现他体现出Hannibal Lecter的迹象。 | 
| [19:39] | a sign of Hannibal Lecter. | 他的工友们从未发现他体现出Hannibal Lecter的迹象。 | 
| [19:41] | Well, could he just be covering it up? | 那么,会是他刻意掩盖的吗? | 
| [19:43] | Sure, but why? | 当然可以,但为什么呢? | 
| [19:44] | If he has no compunction about being Hannibal Lecter | 如果他面对警方,对作为Hannibal Lecter都不感到愧疚的话, | 
| [19:47] | with the police, | 如果他面对警方,对作为Hannibal Lecter都不感到愧疚的话, | 
| [19:48] | why would he cover it up with others? | 为何他对其他人要刻意掩盖呢? | 
| [19:54] | I’m sorry. | 对不起。 | 
| [20:01] | I’m sorry. | 对不起。 | 
| [20:02] | How many times do I have to say it? | 我要说多少次才行? | 
| [20:03] | The guy was looking right at me. | 那家伙直勾勾盯着我。 | 
| [20:05] | BERLUTI: Look, it didn’t hurt us. | 听我说,这件事对我方并没有不好的影响 | 
| [20:06] | It’s not like we’re pretending he’s nice. | 我们又不是自称他没危险。 | 
| [20:08] | No, but it doesn’t help if it seems | 的确不是,但是,就算看起来我们怕他 | 
| [20:09] | even we’re afraid of him. WASHINGTON: Oh, come on. | – 这对我方也没什么好的影响。 – 噢,拉倒吧。 | 
| [20:11] | He’s tied up like a rabid dog. | 他像个狂犬病似的被捆起来了。 | 
| [20:13] | Everyone in that room is afraid of him. | 法庭上每个人都怕他。 | 
| [20:15] | FRUTT: The problem is if they think of him as a dog, | 问题在于,如果他们把他当成一只恶狗, | 
| [20:17] | crazy or not, they’re gonna wanna put him to sleep. | 不管是不是疯狗,他们都会想把他弄死。 | 
| [20:19] | He has to be a little sympathetic. | 他得让人多少对他有点同情才行。 | 
| [20:22] | Does he understand that? | 他自己懂吗? | 
| [20:24] | I’ve told him over and over. | 我跟他说了好多次了。 | 
| [20:27] | I think Lindsay should take his direct. | 我认为Lindsay应该负责他作证时的直询。 | 
| [20:28] | Me? You take him. | 我?还是你去吧。 | 
| [20:30] | EUGENE: Look, in a way, you represent the victims. | 听着,某种程度上,你代表受害者。 | 
| [20:32] | Exactly. | 当然了。 | 
| [20:33] | EUGENE: He also seems to be softer with you | 他似乎也对你比对我或者Bobby温和一些。 | 
| [20:35] | than he is with Bobby or me. | 他似乎也对你比对我或者Bobby温和一些。 | 
| [20:36] | Have Jimmy take him. He’s good at bringing out soft sides. | 让吉米去吧。他擅长展现软弱的一面。 | 
| [20:39] | Look, any one of us could do it. | 我们谁都可以去做。 | 
| [20:41] | You’ll be the most effective. | 你会是最有效的。 | 
| [20:43] | His best chance to be sympathetic is you. | 你最有可能让他获得同情 | 
| [20:58] | you okay? | 还好吗? | 
| [21:00] | Yeah. | 嗯。 | 
| [21:05] | I can take the direct. | 我可以做好直询。 | 
| [21:07] | I’m fine. | 我没问题。 | 
| [21:13] | He really scared you, didn’t he? | 你真的吓到你了,不是吗? | 
| [21:19] | The way he looked at me. | 他看我那眼神。 | 
| [21:22] | I’ll tell you this, Bobby, | 我要告诉你,Bobby | 
| [21:24] | he’s not faking. | 他不是装的。 | 
| [21:26] | I looked into those eyes. | 我看透了那眼神。 | 
| [21:28] | They were the eyes of insanity. | 那眼神就是精神错乱的。 | 
| [21:31] | I may not be a doctor, but I saw it. | 我也许不是医生,但我看出来了。 | 
| [21:34] | That man is truly crazy. | 那人是真疯了。 | 
| [21:42] | DOLE: Did you not hear my question? | 你没听到我的问题吗? | 
| [21:46] | Did you know these women? | 你认识这些女人吗? | 
| [21:49] | I’d met them. | 我遇见过她们。 | 
| [21:50] | I can’t lay claim to knowing them. | 但我不能声称我认识她们。 | 
| [21:52] | DOLE: You met them at Hannigan’s? | 你在Hannigan酒吧遇到她们的吗? | 
| [21:54] | LAWRENCE: Yes, they weren’t particularly | 是的,她们对我不特别友好。 | 
| [21:56] | kind to me. | 是的,她们对我不特别友好。 | 
| [21:58] | DOLE: Can you tell the court how you happened | 你可以告诉法庭你是怎么碰巧看见她们被杀的吗? | 
| [21:59] | to see them get killed? | 你可以告诉法庭你是怎么碰巧看见她们被杀的吗? | 
| [22:01] | Well, on each occasion, | 嗯,每一次, | 
| [22:02] | I followed them, | 我跟随着她们, | 
| [22:04] | and in the parking lot, | 在停车场, | 
| [22:06] | I saw them get abducted by the other man. | 我看见她们被另一个人绑架了。 | 
| [22:09] | Could you describe this other man? | 你能描述一下那另一个人吗? | 
| [22:12] | LAWRENCE: I never got a very good look at his face. | 我从没看清他的脸。 | 
| [22:16] | He was about 6 feet tall, | 他大约六英尺高, | 
| [22:17] | lanky. | 瘦长身材。 | 
| [22:19] | DOLE: And he abducted these women | 他是在停车场绑架那些女人的吗? | 
| [22:20] | in the parking lot? | 他是在停车场绑架那些女人的吗? | 
| [22:21] | Yes. He dragged them into his car. | 对。他把他们拖进他的车里。 | 
| [22:24] | I think they liked him, | 我觉得她们喜欢他, | 
| [22:26] | but for some reason, | 但处于某种原因, | 
| [22:27] | they didn’t want to go with him. | 她们不想和他一起走。 | 
| [22:29] | Okay. And what did you do? | 好吧,那你做了什么? | 
| [22:31] | LAWRENCE: I followed. | 我跟着他们。 | 
| [22:33] | He drove them to an abandoned pier | 他开车把她们拉到港口的一个废弃码头, | 
| [22:36] | on the harbor, | 他开车把她们拉到港口的一个废弃码头, | 
| [22:39] | and he would stab them there | 他在那儿把她们捅死,然后开车跑了。 | 
| [22:41] | and drive off. | 他在那儿把她们捅死,然后开车跑了。 | 
| [22:44] | I tried to help | 我想去帮她们, | 
| [22:45] | each of them, but I was always too late. | 但是太晚了。 | 
| [22:48] | They were dead. | 她们都已经死了。 | 
| [22:50] | There was nothing to be done. | 没什么可做了。 | 
| [22:53] | So I ate them. | 于是我就吃了她们。 | 
| [22:58] | How did these women end up | O’Malley先生,这些女人最后怎么在你的地下室呢? | 
| [22:59] | in your basement, Mr. O’Malley? | O’Malley先生,这些女人最后怎么在你的地下室呢? | 
| [23:00] | I drove them there from the pier. | 我从码头开车把她们拉过来的。 | 
| [23:03] | And, sir, can you tell the court | 还有,先生,你能告诉法庭你为什么要吃这些女人呢? | 
| [23:05] | why you would eat these women? | 还有,先生,你能告诉法庭你为什么要吃这些女人呢? | 
| [23:07] | Because they were so beautiful. | 因为她们太美了。 | 
| [23:11] | Like you. | 像你一样。 | 
| [23:14] | The book of Genesis tells us | 《创世纪》上说, | 
| [23:15] | that woman… | 女人来自于男人。。。 | 
| [23:17] | came from man. | 女人来自于男人。。。 | 
| [23:18] | When man consumes the woman, | 当男人吞噬女人时, | 
| [23:21] | it makes him one with her. | 这使他和她成为一体。 | 
| [23:23] | And by eating them, | 吃了她们, | 
| [23:26] | I know they will go to heaven. | 我知道她们会上天堂的。 | 
| [23:28] | Because I am going to heaven, | 因为我要去天堂, | 
| [23:31] | then they will go with me. | 然后她们就会和我一起去。 | 
| [23:34] | You’ll be going to heaven, | 你也会去天堂的, | 
| [23:36] | Clarice. Clarice。 | |
| [23:43] | You think my name is Clarice? | 你认为我叫Clarice? | 
| [23:49] | That’s all I have. | 我没有要问的了。 | 
| [24:02] | What did the other man do with the knife? | 那另一个人,怎么处理那把刀的? | 
| [24:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 | 
| [24:08] | Funny how it never turned up, | 有意思的是,从未发现那把刀, | 
| [24:09] | like it was hidden or disposed of carefully. | 好像是被小心地隐藏或者处置了。 | 
| [24:13] | The other man really knew what he was doing, I guess. | 我猜那另一个人很清楚他在做什么。 | 
| [24:16] | You sucked my fluids to make me one with you. | 你吸了我的精液为了让我和你合作为一体。 | 
| [24:21] | How come you never told your co-workers your real name? | 为什么你从来没有告诉你的工友你的真实姓名? | 
| [24:24] | You went to work every day as Lawrence O’Malley. | 你每天都以Lawrence O’Malley的身份去上班。 | 
| [24:26] | You did your job as Lawrence O’Malley, | 你以Lawrence O’Malley的身份工作, | 
| [24:28] | collected your paychecks, | 领取你的薪水, | 
| [24:30] | paid your income taxes. | 支付你的所得税。 | 
| [24:32] | You did everything | 你做什么事都是用Lawrence O’Malley的身份。 | 
| [24:34] | as Lawrence O’Malley. | 你做什么事都是用Lawrence O’Malley的身份。 | 
| [24:36] | Why didn’t you tell people you were really Hannibal Lecter? | 为什么不告诉别人你是真的Hannibal Lecter呢? | 
| [24:39] | It makes it difficult to invite somebody | 那样就很难邀请别人来吃晚饭了。 | 
| [24:42] | over for dinner. | 那样就很难邀请别人来吃晚饭了。 | 
| [24:43] | That’s clever. | 真聪明。 | 
| [24:44] | Would you have sexually engaged with me | 你要是知道我的真实身份,还会跟我发生性关系吗? | 
| [24:46] | had you known my true identity? | 你要是知道我的真实身份,还会跟我发生性关系吗? | 
| [24:48] | GAMBLE: When you saw these women murdered | 当你看到那些女人被另一个人杀害时, | 
| [24:51] | by this other man, | 当你看到那些女人被另一个人杀害时, | 
| [24:54] | why not go to the police? | 你为什么不去报警? | 
| [24:55] | I was afraid of being a suspect | 因为我在现场,我怕报警了会当成嫌疑犯。 | 
| [24:58] | since I was there. | 因为我在现场,我怕报警了会当成嫌疑犯。 | 
| [24:59] | GAMBLE: You could have prevented other women | 你本可以避免别的女人被杀的。 | 
| [25:01] | from being killed. | 你本可以避免别的女人被杀的。 | 
| [25:03] | Surely, you have a conscience, or do you? | 你当然是有良心的,对吗? | 
| [25:05] | By the time I realized he was a serial killer, | 等到我意识到他是个连环杀手时, | 
| [25:08] | bodies were in my basement. | 我的地下室里有那些尸体了。 | 
| [25:10] | I didn’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办。 | 
| [25:12] | So you just let women continue to be murdered? | 那你就看着女人们被杀害? | 
| [25:15] | I am trying to help now. | 我现在想帮她们了。 | 
| [25:16] | Oh, you’re helping now? | 哦,你现在想帮她们了? | 
| [25:17] | Yes. I gave the police a partial description. | 是的,我向警方提供了一些描述 | 
| [25:20] | I told them where he kills. | 我告诉警方他在哪里杀的人。 | 
| [25:22] | Instead of persecuting me, | 你们应该去查他,而不是来迫害我。 | 
| [25:24] | you should be looking for him, | 你们应该去查他,而不是来迫害我。 | 
| [25:25] | especially since… | 尤其是因为。。。 | 
| [25:27] | Since what? | 因为什么? | 
| [25:30] | He’s planning to kill Clarice. | 他正打算杀了Clarice。 | 
| [26:01] | You okay? | 你还好吧? | 
| [26:02] | Fine. | 还好。 | 
| [26:05] | I thought your direct went great. | 我觉得你做的直询很不错。 | 
| [26:07] | Good to hear. | 谢谢。 | 
| [26:15] | I don’t want to win this case. | 我不想打赢这个案子。 | 
| [26:16] | I don’t want him going to state mental facility | 我不想让他去州立精神病院 | 
| [26:19] | that he’ll be able to break out of in a week | 那样他一周内就能跑出来。 | 
| [26:20] | Okay. No! | – 好的 – 不! | 
| [26:22] | I went through this with Hinks. | 我经历过Hinks那桩事。 | 
| [26:23] | I don’t wanna go through it again. | 我不想再来一次。 | 
| [26:25] | I don’t wanna win this case. | 我不想打赢这个案子。 | 
| [26:32] | You should go in there. | 你应该跟进去。 | 
| [26:38] | Eugene, can I see you for a second? | Eugene,我可以和你说几句吗? | 
| [26:43] | This could be nothing. | 可能也没什么。 | 
| [26:45] | YOUNG: What? | 怎么了 | 
| [26:47] | Jeannie Tanner is a friend of mine. | Jeannie Tanner是我的一个朋友。 | 
| [26:48] | She works at the Coroner’s office in Suffolk. | 她在Suffolk的验尸官办公室工作 | 
| [26:51] | There’s an unsolved murder. | 有一桩没有破案的谋杀案。 | 
| [26:53] | Happened seven weeks ago. | 发生在七周前。 | 
| [26:54] | 28-year-old woman | 28岁的女人被捅死了, | 
| [26:56] | stabbed to death, | 28岁的女人被捅死了, | 
| [26:57] | found behind the Marriott. | 在万豪酒店后面被发现的。 | 
| [26:59] | Last seen alive at Hannigan’s bar. | 生前最后一次被看到是在Hannigan酒吧。 | 
| [27:01] | Seven weeks ago? | 七周前? | 
| [27:03] | Lawrence O’Malley was in custody. | Lawrence O’Malley已经被拘押了。 | 
| [27:09] | YOUNG: It’s exculpatory evidence | 这是可以证明无罪的证据,而他们给扣下了。 | 
| [27:11] | and they held it. | 这是可以证明无罪的证据,而他们给扣下了。 | 
| [27:11] | GAMBLE: This is not exculpatory. | 这不是可以证明无罪的证据。 | 
| [27:13] | It has nothing to do with the case. | 那和这个案子没关系。 | 
| [27:15] | YOUNG: A woman stabbed. | 一个女人被捅死了。 | 
| [27:15] | Seen at Hannigan’s bar. Come on. | 生前又被看见在Hannigan酒吧。还不算吗。 | 
| [27:17] | This was a robbery victim. | 那是一个抢劫的受害者 | 
| [27:19] | The woman was stabbed once. | 那个女人被捅了一刀。 | 
| [27:20] | We should have been told about it, Helen. | Helen,这事应该告知我们。 | 
| [27:22] | GAMBLE: The state has no obligation | 控方没有义务把所有其他凶杀案的情况都通知辩方。 | 
| [27:23] | to inform the defense of every other homicide. | 控方没有义务把所有其他凶杀案的情况都通知辩方。 | 
| [27:26] | FRUTT: Oh, please! | 噢,拜托! | 
| [27:27] | This one either fits the pattern or comes damn close. | 这一件的作案模式不是匹配就是十分接近, | 
| [27:30] | I don’t agree. | 我不同意。 | 
| [27:30] | COOKE: Come on, Ms. Gamble. | 算了吧,Gamble女士, | 
| [27:31] | It’s close enough. | 够接近的了。 | 
| [27:33] | But, counsel, explain to me the harm. | 但是,律师,给我解释一下你们受到了什么损害 | 
| [27:35] | We may have had another defense available. | 我们也许会有其他的辩护理由。 | 
| [27:38] | Which is? | 是什么? | 
| [27:39] | YOUNG: Somebody else is killing these women. | 是别的人杀了那些女人。 | 
| [27:40] | Oh, come on! | 噢,你别扯了! | 
| [27:42] | My client has always maintained | 我的当事人一直坚称别人杀了那些女孩。 | 
| [27:43] | the other man killed these girls. | 我的当事人一直坚称别人杀了那些女孩。 | 
| [27:45] | We now have knowledge of the other man. | 我们现在知道有另一个人了。 | 
| [27:47] | You’ve got to be kidding. | 你开什么玩笑。 | 
| [27:48] | YOUNG: Your Honor… | 法官大人。。。 | 
| [27:49] | we should at least be allowed | 我们至少应该被允许 | 
| [27:50] | to change our plea and argue the elements. | 改变我们的辩诉并就这个要素进行争辩。 | 
| [27:52] | In addition we– First of all, this is absurd. | – 此外,我们 – 首先,这是荒谬的 | 
| [27:54] | Second, you can’t just change a plea. | 其次,你们不能就这么变更辩诉理由。 | 
| [27:57] | YOUNG: We got stuck with this case on Sunday. | 我们周日才被扯进这个案子里。 | 
| [28:00] | Sunday. | 周日呀。 | 
| [28:01] | Now we find out the prosecution knew | 现在我们发现控方知道有另一个作案模式相吻合的凶手。 | 
| [28:03] | of another murder that fits the pattern. | 现在我们发现控方知道有另一个作案模式相吻合的凶手。 | 
| [28:05] | At the very least, we should be able | 最起码,我们应该可以变更辩诉理由。 | 
| [28:07] | to change our plea. | 最起码,我们应该可以变更辩诉理由。 | 
| [28:08] | It means one extra witness on this other killing, | 这只意味着多加一个另一起谋杀案的证人, | 
| [28:11] | it doesn’t inconvenience the court, | 这不会给法庭带来什么麻烦, | 
| [28:12] | and to deny us this, | 如果否决我们的话, | 
| [28:14] | you just guarantee my client an appeal. | 你就是给我的当事人提供了一条确切的上诉理由。 | 
| [28:20] | Okay. | 好吧。 | 
| [28:22] | I’ll let you plead in the alternative– | 我会让你采用选择性辩诉。。。 (美国法律中的一种法律用语, 是指可以同时采用几种甚至是互相矛盾的辩诉理由) | 
| [28:23] | GAMBLE: I don’t believe this. | 我简直不敢相信能这样。 | 
| [28:25] | Ms. Gamble, | |
| [28:26] | you should have revealed that other murder. | 你本应披露另一起谋杀案的情况。 | 
| [28:28] | Be glad I don’t find misconduct. | 我不裁定你失职,你该知足了。 | 
| [28:34] | How is she doing? | 她怎么样? | 
| [28:35] | DONNELL: She’s okay. | 还好。 | 
| [28:36] | She’s a little– | 她有点。。。 | 
| [28:39] | she’s okay. | 她没事。 | 
| [28:41] | DOLE: I am not okay. | 我糟透了。 | 
| [28:43] | Lindsay. | |
| [28:44] | What’s wrong with you? | 你有毛病吧? | 
| [28:46] | I’m not okay. | 我感觉糟透了。 | 
| [28:47] | Somebody can beat you half to death, | 别人把你揍个半死, | 
| [28:49] | and you can go back to being okay the next day. | 而你第二天能回来上班。 | 
| [28:51] | You’re always okay. | 你总是没事儿。 | 
| [28:53] | Bobby’s okay. | Bobby没事儿。 | 
| [28:54] | That’s how you handle things. | 你就是这么对待事情的。 | 
| [28:55] | You’re okay. | 你没事儿。 | 
| [29:02] | Please don’t embarrass me like that | 拜托别在办公室像这样当众让我难堪。 | 
| [29:03] | in front of the office. | 拜托别在办公室像这样当众让我难堪。 | 
| [29:05] | Please don’t embarrass you? | 别让你难堪? | 
| [29:09] | I got stabbed two years ago. | 两年前我被刺伤了。 | 
| [29:12] | I got stabbed, Bobby. | 我被刺伤了,Bobby。 | 
| [29:13] | A man stuck a knife into me three times. | 一个男人用刀捅了我三次。 | 
| [29:16] | I almost died. | 我差点死了。 | 
| [29:18] | And then Hinks stalked me. | 然后希Hinks跟踪了我。 | 
| [29:22] | I’m not okay. | 我感觉糟透了。 | 
| [29:24] | I have never gone back to being okay, | 我从来没有恢复过来, | 
| [29:27] | no matter how much that you insist that I have. | 不管你如何固执己见地说我恢复了。 | 
| [29:29] | I’m just–I’m not okay. | 我就是。。。我就是觉得糟透了。 | 
| [29:43] | YOUNG: The cause of death was stabbing? | 死因是刺伤吗? | 
| [29:44] | That’s correct. | 没错。 | 
| [29:45] | YOUNG: And the victim, Jill Hanover, | 受害者,Jill Hanover, | 
| [29:47] | was at Hannigan’s bar the night she was killed? | 被杀当晚在Hannigan酒吧吗? | 
| [29:49] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [29:50] | YOUNG: Found in an alley off of Commercial Street | 尸体是在靠近港口的商业街的一条小巷里发现的, | 
| [29:52] | by the harbor, | 尸体是在靠近港口的商业街的一条小巷里发现的, | 
| [29:54] | is that right, detective? | 对吗,警探? | 
| [29:55] | Yes. YOUNG: And Miss Hanover | – 是的。 – Hanover小姐 | 
| [29:57] | was killed on March 26th? | 是在3月26日被杀的? | 
| [29:59] | Yes. | 是的。 | 
| [30:00] | YOUNG: And do you have any leads or suspects | 现在,警探,你有与此案有关的线索或嫌犯吗? | 
| [30:02] | at this time, detective, | 现在,警探,你有与此案有关的线索或嫌犯吗? | 
| [30:03] | relating to this murder? | 现在,警探,你有与此案有关的线索或嫌犯吗? | 
| [30:05] | No, we do not. | 没有,我们没有。 | 
| [30:07] | Is this killing related to the three murders | 这起凶杀案和我们正在开庭审理的三起谋杀案有关吗? | 
| [30:09] | which are the subject of this trial? | 这起凶杀案和我们正在开庭审理的三起谋杀案有关吗? | 
| [30:12] | We don’t believe so. | 我们不这么认为。 | 
| [30:13] | GAMBLE: Why not? | 为什么? | 
| [30:14] | Well, Miss Hanover was stabbed once in the neck. | Hanover小姐只在颈部被捅了一刀。 | 
| [30:17] | The other girls were stabbed multiple times | 其他的女孩则是在腹部和胸骨被捅了很多次。 | 
| [30:18] | in the abdomen and the sternum. | 其他的女孩则是在腹部和胸骨被捅了很多次。 | 
| [30:20] | A different knife was used for Miss Hanover. | Hanover小姐是被不同的刀刺死的。 | 
| [30:23] | The body was also dumped in an alley | 尸体被扔在小巷里 | 
| [30:24] | as opposed to being transported to a basement and consumed. | 而不是被运到地下室被吃了。 | 
| [30:27] | Miss Hanover was African-American | Hanover小姐是一个很胖的非裔美国人。 | 
| [30:29] | and overweight. | Hanover小姐是一个很胖的非裔美国人。 | 
| [30:30] | These other three victims were white | 其他三名受害者是白人,公认的迷人身材。 | 
| [30:32] | with conventionally attractive figures. | 其他三名受害者是白人,公认的迷人身材。 | 
| [30:34] | We determined that she was simply a robbery victim | 我们认定她只是一个抢劫受害者, | 
| [30:37] | and that her death was completely unrelated | 她的死和其他三个的死完全无关。 | 
| [30:39] | to the other three. | 她的死和其他三个的死完全无关。 | 
| [30:40] | Can you prove that, detective? | 你可以证明这一点吗,警探? | 
| [30:42] | McGUIRE: Obviously, we can’t prove anything | 当然了,直到我们抓到另一个嫌犯前,我们证明不了。 | 
| [30:43] | until we catch this other suspect. | 当然了,直到我们抓到别的嫌犯前,我们证明不了。 | 
| [30:46] | The other suspect? | 别的嫌犯。 | 
| [30:58] | Okay. | 好吧。 | 
| [30:59] | Just argue in the alternative, insanity, | 坚持进行选择性辩诉:精神失常, | 
| [31:01] | and the possibility there really is another man. | 和真的存在另一个凶手的可能性。 | 
| [31:11] | DONNELL: All right, look, we have two theories. | 好吧,听着,我们有两种说法。 | 
| [31:13] | They’re mutually exclusive, but the law permits us | 它们互相排斥,但法律是允许我们提出选择性辩诉的。 | 
| [31:16] | to present alternative defenses. | 它们互相排斥,但法律是允许我们提出选择性辩诉的。 | 
| [31:18] | It’s risky, but it’s in our interest | 很冒险,但是这样做对我们是有利的。 | 
| [31:20] | to do so here. | 很冒险,但是这样做对我们是有利的。 | 
| [31:21] | Where is Clarice? | Clarice在哪儿? | 
| [31:22] | Never mind. | 别操心了。 | 
| [31:23] | Is she all right? | 她还好吗? | 
| [31:25] | I’m right here. | 我就在这儿。 | 
| [31:29] | I’m sorry I frightened you. | 对不起,我吓到你了。 | 
| [31:32] | If anything ever happened to you, | 如果你出了什么事, | 
| [31:34] | you know I’d make sure you go to heaven. | 你知道我会确保你上天堂的。 | 
| [31:37] | Hey! | 嘿! | 
| [31:38] | Shut your mouth! | 闭嘴! | 
| [31:40] | I don’t want you talking to her anymore, you got that? | 我不希望你再和她说话,明白吗? | 
| [31:53] | The fact that they have thrown in | 实际上他们最后一刻抛出了救命稻草, | 
| [31:54] | this 11th-hour theory, | 实际上他们最后一刻抛出了救命稻草, | 
| [31:57] | maybe somebody else did it. | 也许是别人干的。 | 
| [32:00] | That evidence shows the desperation of the defense, | 那表明了辩方走投无路了。 | 
| [32:03] | ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们。 | 
| [32:05] | First, he’s Hannibal Lecter. | 首先,说他是Hannibal Lecter。 | 
| [32:08] | Then, zip, throw in a psychotic break. | 然后,抛出精神病发作的说法。 | 
| [32:10] | Then, what the hell, | 再后,见鬼了, | 
| [32:11] | why not let’s say it was another man | 何不干脆说是别人干的呢? | 
| [32:14] | after all? | 何不干脆说是别人干的呢? | 
| [32:17] | Lawrence O’Malley brutally stabbed three women | Lawrence O’Malley残忍地刺死了 | 
| [32:20] | who rejected his advances at a bar. | 三名在酒吧拒绝他挑逗的女人。 | 
| [32:23] | It is that simple. | 就是这么简单。 | 
| [32:24] | Maybe he is really crazy enough to eat human flesh, | 也许他真的疯到去吃人肉, | 
| [32:27] | but we don’t let murderers go | 但是我们不能因为谋杀犯吃了人肉就放过他们。 | 
| [32:30] | because they consume their victims. | 但是我们不能因为谋杀犯吃了人肉就放过他们。 | 
| [32:33] | This is a competent, | 这是一个称职和精干的男人, | 
| [32:35] | highly functional man | 这是一个称职和精干的男人, | 
| [32:38] | who went to work every day, | 他每天去上班, | 
| [32:40] | lived a rather normal life, | 过着很正常的生活, | 
| [32:43] | never flashed Hannibal | 从未对任何人显现出他是Hannibal或精神失常。 | 
| [32:45] | or insanity to anybody. | 从未对任何人显现出他是Hannibal或精神失常。 | 
| [32:48] | And here… | 而在这儿。。。 | 
| [32:49] | we see him flashing it | 我们看到他处处显现出这些来。 | 
| [32:51] | at every turn. | 我们看到他处处显现出这些来。 | 
| [32:53] | Suddenly, he’s standing up saying he and I had sex. | 突然间,他站起来说他和我做过爱。 | 
| [32:56] | He’s calling his attorney Clarice. | 他把他的律师叫做Clarice。 | 
| [32:58] | He bites off a lawyer’s nose. | 他咬掉一个律师的鼻子。 | 
| [33:01] | So many sudden acts of insanity | 在四十年间毫无征兆后,突然冒出来这么多疯狂行为。 | 
| [33:03] | after 40 years without a sign. | 在四十年间毫无征兆后,突然冒出来这么多疯狂行为。 | 
| [33:07] | It’s a little convenient, don’t you think? | 这有点随心所欲吧,你们不这么想吗? | 
| [33:10] | He’s trying to feign legal insanity | 他为了给他的谋杀罪脱罪, | 
| [33:13] | to get away with his murders. | 试图伪装成符合法律定义的精神失常。 | 
| [33:15] | Three doctors who examined him | 三个给他做过检查的医生作证说他是装的。 | 
| [33:18] | testified he’s faking. | 三个给他做过检查的医生作证说他是装的。 | 
| [33:22] | And he’s hoping you fall for it. | 而他希望你会信以为真。 | 
| [33:24] | But just in case you don’t, | 但为了以防万一, | 
| [33:28] | maybe another man did it after all. | 最后提出也许是别人作案的说法。 | 
| [33:31] | Worth a shot. | 这倒是值得一试。 | 
| [33:33] | He’s been laughing at us this entire trial. | 整个审判他都在嘲弄我们。 | 
| [33:37] | Please… | 拜托。。。 | 
| [33:39] | don’t give him the last laugh. | 不要让他笑到最后。 | 
| [33:52] | We put up three doctors | 我们三个医生出庭作证说他不是装的。 | 
| [33:53] | who said he wasn’t faking. | 我们三个医生出庭作证说他不是装的。 | 
| [33:55] | They believe he’s insane, | 他们相信他是精神失常, | 
| [33:58] | a base illness of paranoid schizophrenia | 病源是偏执型精神分裂症 | 
| [34:00] | coupled with psychotic breaks. | 加之精神病发作。 | 
| [34:02] | You heard the experts’ testimony. | 你们听到了专家的证言。 | 
| [34:04] | And now we learn another woman was killed | 而今我们得知了有另一个女人 | 
| [34:07] | leaving Hannigan’s bar, | 离开Hannigan酒吧后被杀害, | 
| [34:08] | killed while Lawrence O’Malley was in custody. | 她是在Lawrence O’Malley被收押期间被杀的。 | 
| [34:12] | The police think it’s unrelated, | 警方认为这没有关联, | 
| [34:13] | but can they prove it? | 但他们能证明这一点吗? | 
| [34:15] | You heard Detective McGuire. They cant. | 你听到了McGuire警探的话。他们不能。 | 
| [34:18] | The state hasn’t met its burden here. | 此案检方没有尽到他们的举证责任。 | 
| [34:21] | And as a matter of law, | 从法律上讲, | 
| [34:23] | you must acquit. | 你们必须要判被告无罪。 | 
| [34:33] | Ms. Gamble, rebuttal. | Gamble女士,有反驳意见吗。 | 
| [34:34] | YOUNG: Hold on, Your Honor. | 法官大人,等一下。 | 
| [34:37] | We’re doing our closing in tandem. | 我们的结案陈词是两个人来做。 | 
| [34:39] | Mr. Donnell took the first part. | Donnell先生所做的是第一部分。 | 
| [34:43] | Very well. | 那好。 | 
| [34:48] | YOUNG: The most outstanding question concerns the 12 of you. | 让你们这12个人最担忧的问题是。 | 
| [34:52] | We have a man sitting here clearly psychotic. | 有个明显是精神病的人坐在那儿。 | 
| [34:55] | We know he eats people. | 我们知道他吃了人。 | 
| [34:56] | He quite possibly kills them. | 他很可能杀了她们。 | 
| [34:58] | Nobody… | 没有人。。。 | 
| [35:00] | nobody likes the idea of him being anywhere | 没有人想让他 | 
| [35:03] | except in a maximum-security prison. | 呆在除了戒备最森严的监狱外的什么地方。 | 
| [35:07] | But we all have our duties here. | 但是我们在此都有自己的职责。 | 
| [35:09] | They prosecute, we defend, | 他们负责起诉,我们来做辩护, | 
| [35:12] | and you… | 而你们。。。 | 
| [35:13] | you determine whether guilt was proven | 你们来确定是否可以超越合理怀疑地证明罪名成立。 | 
| [35:15] | beyond all reasonable doubt. | 你们来确定是否可以超越合理怀疑地证明罪名成立。 | 
| [35:18] | The 12 of you have the nastiest job of all. | 你们这12个人的工作是最令人讨厌的。 | 
| [35:20] | Because to execute your duty, | 因为,为了尽到你的职责, | 
| [35:24] | you have to find this man | 你们必须要判这个人 | 
| [35:27] | not guilty, | 无罪, | 
| [35:28] | which, of course, you don’t want to do, | 当然,对此,你们是不想做的。 | 
| [35:30] | but you must. | 但是你们必须如此。 | 
| [35:32] | The expert testimony was a wash at best. | 专家的证词充其量也是势均力敌的。 | 
| [35:35] | They put up doctors to say he’s faking. | 他们推出的医生作证说被告是装的。 | 
| [35:37] | We put up just as many | 我们推出同样多的专家 | 
| [35:39] | to say the schizophrenia was real | 说明精神分裂症和精神病是真实的。 | 
| [35:41] | as was the psychosis. | 说明精神分裂症和精神病是真实的。 | 
| [35:43] | On the insanity, | 关于精神失常, | 
| [35:44] | there’s no escaping doubt | 所有相互矛盾的意见都是无法回避的。 | 
| [35:45] | with all the conflicting opinions. | 所有相互矛盾的意见都是无法回避的。 | 
| [35:47] | And as for the other man, | 但至于“其他人”, | 
| [35:51] | there was another man | 是存在一个其他人, | 
| [35:54] | who stabbed a girl | 他捅死了一个离开Hannigan酒吧的女孩。 | 
| [35:56] | leaving Hannigan’s bar. | 他捅死了一个离开Hannigan酒吧的女孩。 | 
| [35:58] | It happened while Lawrence O’Malley | 这发生在Lawrence O’Malley被拘押期间。 | 
| [36:00] | was in custody. | 这发生在Lawrence O’Malley被拘押期间。 | 
| [36:02] | That means it’s possible, | 这意味着是有可能存在“其他人”的, | 
| [36:04] | possible things happened | 有可能事情正如O’Malley所陈述的一样。 | 
| [36:07] | just as Mr. O’Malley claimed. | 有可能事情正如O’Malley所陈述的一样。 | 
| [36:09] | He followed these girls out of the bar. | 他尾随这些女孩出了酒吧。 | 
| [36:12] | He saw another man abduct them. | 他看见另一个人绑架了她们。 | 
| [36:13] | He saw another man stab them, | 他看见另一个人捅死她们, | 
| [36:16] | drive off before… | 驾车离开。。。 | 
| [36:19] | Mr. O’Malley took the bodies | O’Malley先生把这些尸体运回地下室。 | 
| [36:21] | back to his basement. | O’Malley先生把这些尸体运回地下室。 | 
| [36:22] | And this isn’t some 11th-hour theory | 而这并不是我们在绝望中抛出的什么 | 
| [36:25] | we’re throwing out in desperation, | 最后一刻的救命稻草。 | 
| [36:27] | by the way. | 顺便说一句。 | 
| [36:28] | The police knew about this other murder, | 警方知道另一起谋杀案, | 
| [36:30] | and they never told us. | 而他们从来没有告诉过我们。 | 
| [36:32] | And we must ask ourselves, | 那我们必须自问, | 
| [36:33] | “Why?” | “为什么?” | 
| [36:37] | Why didn’t they tell us? | 他们为什么不告诉我们? | 
| [36:39] | You’ve got reasonable doubt on the insanity. | 你们在精神失常问题上有了合理怀疑。 | 
| [36:42] | You’ve got reasonable doubt on the killings themselves. | 你们在凶杀问题上也有了合理怀疑。 | 
| [36:46] | Two very big questions. | 两个很大的怀疑。 | 
| [36:48] | The third question, | 第三个疑问, | 
| [36:49] | the biggest. | 最大的一个。 | 
| [36:52] | Are the 12 of you | 你们这12个人 | 
| [36:54] | going to stay true to your oath | 会遵守你的誓言并维护法律吗? | 
| [36:56] | and uphold the law? | 会遵守你的誓言并维护法律吗? | 
| [37:12] | HATCHER: How’d it go? | 情况怎么样? | 
| [37:13] | WASHINGTON: Jury’s got it. | 陪审团在商议。 | 
| [37:16] | YOUNG: If you didn’t want to close, | 如果你不打算做结案陈词, | 
| [37:17] | why didn’t you just say so, Bobby? | 为什么不直接说出来,Bobby? | 
| [37:19] | My closing was– | 我的结案陈词是。。。 | 
| [37:20] | YOUNG: You folded in. You stood up there– | 你在那儿站着。。。 | 
| [37:20] | Back up, Eugene. | 退后,Eugene。 | 
| [37:22] | Nobody closes like you can, | 没人比你擅长做结案陈词, | 
| [37:23] | and that was half-assed by the numbers. | 而这次结案陈词按标准是半途而废的。 | 
| [37:25] | I said, back up. | 我说了,退后。 | 
| [37:26] | All right. Cut it out. We don’t need this. | 好吧。别说了。我们不需要这样。 | 
| [37:28] | YOUNG: Look, I don’t want that guy on the street either. | 听着,我也不想这家伙被放出去。 | 
| [37:30] | That’s not what this is about. | 但那不是问题所在。 | 
| [37:31] | We have a job to do. | 我们在做这份工作。 | 
| [37:33] | Everybody in this room did their job, even Lindsay. | 这个事务所里的每个人都做了他们的工作,甚至Lindsay。 | 
| [37:36] | It was your job to deliver your best, Bobby, | 你的工作就是要发挥出最好的水准来,Bobby。 | 
| [37:39] | and you were up and down in 30 seconds. | 而你瞎糊弄了半分钟。 | 
| [37:44] | What are we? | 我们算什么? | 
| [37:46] | Huh? | 嗯? | 
| [37:47] | Some clients we try our hardest for, | 对一些当事人我们尽心尽力, | 
| [37:49] | others we pull back? | 而其他的我们就临阵退缩。 | 
| [37:54] | What in the hell are we? | 我们到底在算什么? | 
| [38:26] | I don’t disagree, | 我不反对你, | 
| [38:27] | but it’s his wife, Eugene. | 但那是他的妻子,Eugene。 | 
| [38:34] | Maybe you don’t have to excuse him because of that. | 也许你不必为此而原谅他。 | 
| [38:41] | But I would think you could understand. | 但我想你能理解。 | 
| [38:49] | DONNELL: The clerk’s office just called. | 法庭书记员刚打来电话。 | 
| [38:53] | They have a verdict. | 陪审团有裁决了。 | 
| [39:10] | The defendant will please rise. | 请被告起立。 | 
| [39:20] | Mr. Foreman, the jury has a unanimous verdict? | 陪审团主席先生,陪审团达成一致裁决了吗? | 
| [39:22] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的,法官大人。 | 
| [39:23] | What say you? | 请宣布。 | 
| [39:25] | Commonwealth vs. Lawrence O’Malley | 马萨诸塞州诉Lawrence O’Malle | 
| [39:27] | on three counts of murder in the first degree, | 关于三起一级谋杀罪, | 
| [39:31] | we find the defendant, Lawrence O’Malley, | 我们裁定被告,Lawrence O’Malle, | 
| [39:34] | not guilty. | 无罪。 | 
| [39:37] | FOREMAN: On three counts of murder in the second degree, | 关于三起二级谋杀罪, | 
| [39:41] | we find the defendant, Lawrence O’Malley, | 我们裁定被告,Lawrence O’Malle, | 
| [39:44] | not guilty. | 无罪。 | 
| [39:46] | Straight not guilty? | 直接宣布无罪? | 
| [39:48] | GAMBLE: Your Honor, The Commonwealth seeks | 法官阁下,检方要求 | 
| [39:49] | to place the defendant under arrest | 因隐藏并使用人类尸体逮捕被告。 | 
| [39:51] | for concealing and consuming human bodies. | 因隐藏并使用人类尸体逮捕被告。 | 
| [39:53] | Crimes which– YOUNG: Hold on. | – 那些罪行。。。 – 等一下。 | 
| [39:55] | My client was only charged with murder. | 我的当事人只是因谋杀被起诉。 | 
| [39:56] | These crimes would be lesser included offenses. | 这些罪行属于必然包括罪行。 | 
| [39:59] | Double jeopardy would attach. | 满足了重复起诉的条件。 | 
| [40:00] | I agree. | 我认同这一点。 | 
| [40:02] | You can’t now arrest him for lesser includeds, | 你现在不能因必然包括罪行逮捕他。 | 
| [40:04] | Ms. Gamble. | |
| [40:04] | The defendant has been found not guilty. | 被告已经被判无罪。 | 
| [40:08] | He is free to go. | 他被当庭开释。 | 
| [40:11] | Please release him from the restraints. | 请解除他的管制装置。 | 
| [40:12] | GAMBLE: Your Honor, this man is clearly dangerous. | 法官大人,这个人具有明显的危险。 | 
| [40:15] | COOKE: Ms. Gamble, he’s been acquitted. | Gamble女士,他已经被宣判无罪了。 | 
| [40:17] | He’s free to go. | 予以当庭开释。 | 
| [40:19] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭。 | 
| [40:34] | Thank you, Bobby. | 谢谢你,Bobby。 | 
| [40:36] | Eugene, you were sensational. | Eugene,你太不同凡响了。 | 
| [40:40] | Clarice. Clarice。 | |
| [40:50] | REPORTER: Mr. O’Malley, | O’Malle先生, | 
| [40:51] | were you surprised by the verdict? | 你对这个判决感到意外吗? | 
| [40:53] | LAWRENCE: No, not at all. | 不,完全不。 | 
| [41:02] | To say the least. I mean, | 至少可以这么说。我的意思是, | 
| [41:03] | it was–it was a bit intimidating. | 这。。。这有点吓人 | 
| [41:05] | I’m glad it’s over. | 我很高兴这事结束了。 | 
| [41:06] | It wasn’t that we thought he was innocent. | 我们不是认为他是无辜的。 | 
| [41:08] | In fact, we all figured him to be guilty. | 事实上,我们都认为他有罪。 | 
| [41:10] | We just couldn’t get there beyond reasonable doubt, | 我们只是无法超越合理怀疑得出他是有罪的结论, | 
| [41:13] | not with that other murder. | 因为有那另一起的谋杀案。 | 
| [41:20] | I’m sorry. | 对不起。 | 
| [41:23] | I think it’s the way I handle things. | 我认为这是我处理事情的方式。 | 
| [41:28] | If I can pretend I’m okay, then– | 如果我能假装没事,那么。。。 | 
| [41:32] | so I– | 那么我。。。 | 
| [41:42] | but, Lindsay… | 但,Lindsay。。。 | 
| [41:47] | it’s not just me. | 不仅仅是我。 | 
| [41:50] | You never talk about how you feel. | 你也从不谈论你的感受。 | 
| [41:52] | You keep it all in until you just explode. | 你把一切都憋在心里,直到你无法承受为止。 | 
| [41:58] | It isn’t just me here. | 不仅仅是我。 | 
| [42:02] | I know. | 我知道。 | 
| [42:07] | We both need to do better, Bobby… | 我们都需要处理得更好些,Bobby。。。 | 
| [42:13] | or you and I… | 或者,你和我。。。 | 
| [42:16] | we won’t make it. | 我们都做不到 | 
| [42:22] | We won’t. | 我们做不到的。 | 
| [42:36] | DONNELL: Next on The Practice. | 下集预告未做翻译。 | 
| [42:37] | What about using me? | |
| [42:39] | DONNELL: You will not be used as bait | |
| [42:40] | for a serial killer. | |
| [42:41] | GAMBLE: I need you to testify against him | |
| [42:44] | to help convince the judge he’s nuts. | |
| [42:45] | MAN: Mr. O’Malley, you need to come with us please. | |
| [42:48] | Do you remember me, Hannibal? | |
| [42:49] | DOLE: He’s a cannibal and he has made it clear | |
| [42:52] | that he is coming after me. | |
| [42:54] | Rape witness bout to be shaky. | |
| [42:56] | At probable cause she was pretty convincing. | |
| [42:58] | Third strike, Jerry. | |
| [42:59] | If convicted, you get life. | |
| [43:01] | I got a twin brother. | |
| [43:02] | He gonna pay you a visit. | |
| [43:04] | BERLUTI: We can’t put somebody up there | |
| [43:06] | to commit perjury, Dr. Cochran. | |
| [43:07] | I won’t be committing perjury. | |
| [43:09] | We’re not going to call you. Why? | |
| [43:10] | YOUNG: Because if it looks like you’re lying which it will, | |
| [43:13] | that’ll hurt him. | |
| [43:16] | (music playing) | |
| [43:42] | WOMAN: You stinker! |