时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Okay. Standby for Larry. | 好了,Larry,预备 |
[00:05] | Three, two, one. | 三,二,一 |
[00:08] | Tonight, high courtroom drama. | 今晚,高潮法庭剧 |
[00:10] | With us now in Boston is Ellenor Frutt, | 现在于我们连线的是在波士顿的Ellenor Frutt |
[00:13] | attorney for Lindsay Dole. | Lindsay Dole的律师 |
[00:15] | Good evening, Larry. | 晚上好,Larry |
[00:16] | Ms. Frutt, your client shoots a former client, | Frutt女士,你的当事人射杀了一位前当事人 |
[00:19] | and she’s raised battered woman syndrome | 而为她提出的辩护理由是受虐妇女综合症? |
[00:22] | as a defense? | 而为她提出的辩护理由是受虐妇女综合症? |
[00:23] | FRUTT: That’s correct. | 没错 |
[00:24] | We typically think | 我们一般都认为 |
[00:26] | of a battered woman as a wife, | 作为一个妻子的受虐妇女 |
[00:28] | with the batterer being the husband, | 其受到的虐待是来自她的丈夫 |
[00:30] | but the syndrome is not confined | 但是这种综合症并不局限于家庭关系中 |
[00:32] | to domestic relationships. | 但是这种综合症并不局限于家庭关系中 |
[00:33] | Okay, but how did Lawrence O’Malley | 那好,但Lawrence O’Malley怎么虐待她了? |
[00:36] | batter her? | 那好,但Lawrence O’Malley怎么虐待她了? |
[00:37] | FRUTT: Well, without getting into the details | 先不提我们辩护中的细节问题, |
[00:38] | of our defense, he threatened to kill her. | 简单说,他威胁要杀了她 |
[00:41] | My client was in reasonable fear for her life | 我的当事人在O’Malley出现的那一刻 |
[00:44] | at the time Mr. O’Malley showed up. | 产生对死亡的恐惧是合理的 |
[00:46] | And this is different from self-defense, how? | 这和正当自卫有什么不同? |
[00:49] | Self-defense would be an objective standard. | 正当自卫会具有一个客观的标准 |
[00:53] | Was it reasonable for the defendant | 对于一个被告来说,使用致命的武力是合理的吗? |
[00:54] | to use deadly force? | 对于一个被告来说,使用致命的武力是合理的吗? |
[00:56] | Here, it’s more of a subjective test. | 在此案中,更像是一个主观上的检验 |
[00:59] | Was it reasonable for Lindsay Dole, | 对于Lindsay Dole来说 |
[01:01] | in her particular mental state, to use force? | 在她特定的心理状态下,使用武力是合理的吗? |
[01:04] | And this is where battered woman syndrome applies. | 这就是受虐妇女综合症适用的场合 |
[01:07] | No love lost between you and the district attorney. | 你们和检察官之间本就互无好感吧 |
[01:11] | Kenneth Walsh is a fine prosecutor, | Kenneth Walsh是个很不错的检察官 |
[01:13] | but he typically lets his thirst for vengeance | 但他通常让自己对复仇的渴望 |
[01:16] | color his actions, and he’s doing so here. | 影响他的行为,在本案就是如此 |
[01:21] | It’s a deliberate attempt to contaminate the jury. | 这是蓄意要影响陪审团 |
[01:24] | I want her gagged right now. | 我要她马上闭嘴 |
[01:26] | Let’s add free speech to the list of things you hate. | 那就在你憎恶的事情清单中加上言论自由好了 |
[01:28] | That wasn’t free speech, Ellenor. | Ellenor,那不是言论自由 |
[01:30] | WEST: Let’s wipe some of the foam off your mouth. | 你们别再恶言相向了 |
[01:33] | She attacked me personally, Your Honor. | 法官大人,她对我进行人身攻击 |
[01:35] | If you feel libeled, I suggest you sue me. | 如果你觉得受到诽谤,我建议你起诉我好了 |
[01:38] | WEST: This is not starting off well. | 这不是一个好的开端 |
[01:42] | Mr. Walsh, I am loathe to issue gag orders | Walsh先生,我很讨厌发布禁言令 |
[01:44] | and if I might share with you an inside tip, | 也许我可以给你透露一点内部消息 |
[01:47] | the book on you is, | 你过往的记录是 |
[01:49] | you’re less effective in the room when angry, | 你带着怒气时,在法庭上就难有成效 |
[01:52] | and I would guess Ms. Frutt is attempting | 我猜Frutt女士就是打算让你陷入到那种状态 |
[01:54] | to get you in that state. | 我猜Frutt女士就是打算让你陷入到那种状态 |
[01:56] | And you might be best served | 而你最好的办法就是无视她庭外的滑稽举动 |
[01:57] | by ignoring her out-of-court antics. | 而你最好的办法就是无视她庭外的滑稽举动 |
[02:00] | WALSH: When those antics are for the purpose | 那些滑稽动作是为了达到影响陪审团的目的 |
[02:02] | of influencing the jury. | 那些滑稽动作是为了达到影响陪审团的目的 |
[02:03] | WEST: I will watch the tape | 我会看看录像 |
[02:05] | and decide if she went too far. | 来裁定是否她太过头了 |
[02:09] | Now, as a warning to both of you, | 现在,保持职业素养 |
[02:11] | keep it professional. | 当成我对你们俩的警告吧 |
[02:21] | You know, I’m tired of your piss-ass crap. | 听着,我烦透了你那些烂招儿 |
[02:23] | I’m tired of your firm’s piss-ass crap. | 我也烦透了你们事务所那些烂招儿 |
[02:25] | You made a big mistake, Ellenor, | 你犯下了个大错,Ellenor |
[02:26] | and your client’s gonna pay for it | 你当事人的余生都会因此付出代价的 |
[02:28] | for the rest of her life, you piss-ass, | 你当事人的余生都会因此付出代价的 |
[02:30] | scum-crap dirt bastard. | 你这个渣滓,狗屎,混蛋 |
[02:34] | You seem mad. | 你看起来是疯掉了 |
[03:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:28] | We’ve got a problem. What? | – 我们遇到了个问题 – 是什么? |
[03:30] | Walsh just filed a last-minute motion. | Walsh刚在最后一刻提交了一个动议 |
[03:32] | He wants an unavailable witness instruction | 他要求法庭就一个无法做证的证人问题 |
[03:34] | given to the jury. | 向陪审团作出指示说明 |
[03:36] | Who’s the unavailable witness? | 无法做证的证人是指? |
[03:37] | Bobby. | 指的是Bobby |
[03:42] | We have to prove guilt beyond all reasonable doubt. | 检方必须要超越合理怀疑地证明罪名成立 |
[03:44] | That’s our burden. | 那是我们的责任 |
[03:45] | And certainly, Bobby Donnell has the right | 当然,Bobby Donnell有权不出庭作证 |
[03:47] | not to testify, but if he exercises that right, | 但如果他行使了这个权力 |
[03:50] | the jury should know it’s not the prosecution’s fault | 陪审团应该知道,没有出示证人并不是检方的问题 |
[03:53] | for failing to produce a single witness. | 陪审团应该知道,没有出示证人并不是检方的问题 |
[03:55] | That’s not what he’s trying to do. | 那不是他想达到的目的 |
[03:56] | He’s waving a flag for the jury. | 他是要向陪审团表明 |
[03:58] | “Hey, Bobby Donnell’s not talking. | “瞧,Bobby Donnell闭口不言,一定是隐瞒了些什么” |
[04:00] | He must be hiding something.” | “瞧,Bobby Donnell闭口不言,一定是隐瞒了些什么” |
[04:02] | What’s your proposed instruction, Mr. Walsh? | Walsh先生,你建议向陪审团指示些什么? |
[04:05] | “Mr. Donnell was present during the shooting. | “Donnell先生,枪击事发时在场 |
[04:08] | The defense, but not the prosecution, | 辩方,而不是检方 |
[04:10] | could have called Mr. Donnell as a witness. | 本应传唤Donnell先生出庭作证 |
[04:12] | They did not do so. | 如果他们不那么做 |
[04:14] | You may infer that, had Mr. Donnell been called, | 陪审团可据此推断,Donnell先生一旦被传唤 |
[04:17] | he would’ve given testimony unfavorable to Ms. Dole.” | 他可能会做出不利于Dole女士的证词” |
[04:21] | That is outrageous. | 这太离谱了 |
[04:22] | It renders spousal privilege meaningless. | 这使配偶保密特权毫无意义了 |
[04:24] | Mr. Young– He brought this motion | – Young先生。。。 – 他提出这个动议 |
[04:26] | for them, the media. | 是为了他们,这些媒体 |
[04:27] | He wants it in print that Bobby Donnell | 他希望这样造成Bobby Donnell有所隐瞒的印象 |
[04:28] | had something to hide. | 他希望这样造成Bobby Donnell有所隐瞒的印象 |
[04:29] | If I wanted to talk to the media, | 如果我想跟媒体说些什么的话 |
[04:31] | I would’ve went right to the morning news shows, | 我会像你们这些人一样直接去早间新闻上节目了 |
[04:32] | like you people. | 我会像你们这些人一样直接去早间新闻上节目了 |
[04:33] | All right. | 好了 |
[04:37] | Mr. Young, Bobby Donnell | Young先生,Bobby Donnell在你的证人名单上 |
[04:39] | is on your witness list. | Young先生,Bobby Donnell在你的证人名单上 |
[04:41] | If you plan to call him, this motion is moot. | 如果你计划传他出庭,那这个动议就没有意义了 |
[04:43] | We shouldn’t have to declare our hand now. | 我们现在不必说出我们的计划 |
[04:46] | It’s our right to call him. | 我们有权传他出庭 |
[04:48] | It’s our right not to. | 也有权不传他出庭 |
[04:50] | You’re not the only one with rights. | 你不是唯一对此有权的 |
[04:52] | Bobby Donnell was the only one in the room. | Bobby Donnell是唯一在现场的人 |
[04:55] | If he doesn’t want to testify, fine. | 如果他不想作证,没问题 |
[04:57] | But the jury shouldn’t punish the Commonwealth | 但是陪审团不能因为他不作证而责怪检方 |
[04:59] | for his unavailability. | 但是陪审团不能因为他不作证而责怪检方 |
[05:03] | Mr. Walsh, your motion is denied. | Walsh先生,你的动议被否决了 |
[05:05] | We are adjourned until 1:00, | 休庭到下午一点 |
[05:07] | at which point, trial will start. | 届时开始庭审 |
[05:09] | Come back here with evidence. | 回到庭上时带着证据 |
[05:11] | Leave the nonsense at the door. | 把这些胡扯留在法庭外面 |
[05:15] | Both sides are expected to open today. | 双方今天都会做开庭陈述 |
[05:18] | Tomorrow, the prosecution | 明天,检方会传唤他们第一位证人 |
[05:20] | will call its first witness. | 明天,检方会传唤他们第一位证人 |
[05:25] | We’re set? | 准备好了? |
[05:27] | Okay. | 好了 |
[05:28] | YOUNG: Bobby, something to think about, | Bobby,想想看他们刚才提的动议? |
[05:29] | the motion they just brought? | Bobby,想想看他们刚才提的动议? |
[05:31] | It may have been just for the press, | 可能只是为了媒体舆论 |
[05:33] | but Walsh could’ve had another motive. | 但Walsh本可以提出另一动议的 |
[05:35] | Which is? | 哪一个? |
[05:36] | To force you to take the stand. | 强迫你出庭作证 |
[05:38] | If they got that instruction, | 如果他们赢得了向陪审团进行指示的动议 |
[05:39] | we would have no choice but to call you, | 我们将别无选择只能传你出庭 |
[05:41] | and it makes me nervous that he wants you up there. | 而且那会使我对他想让你出庭一事感到忧虑 |
[05:43] | Or he wants us to think that so I don’t testify. | 或者他希望我们这样想,以便使我决定不出庭作证 |
[05:46] | Shouldn’t we go? | 我们不是该去了吗? |
[05:48] | I’m staying here with Rebecca. | 我在这里等Rebecca |
[05:50] | You’ll look more sympathetic, Lindsay, | Lindsay,没有那么多人在边上 |
[05:51] | without an army. | 你会获得更多同情的。 |
[05:52] | We went over this, Eugene. | 我们讨论过了这个了,Eugene |
[05:53] | I know, I’m just going over it again. | 我知道,我只是再说一次 |
[05:55] | Why? | 为什么? |
[05:58] | Because I want so much to be in that room, | 因为我非常非常想到法庭去 |
[06:00] | and I want you to know that. | 而且我想让你知道这一点 |
[06:07] | We all love you. | 我们都爱你 |
[06:10] | Every one of us. | 每个人 |
[06:12] | And whether we’re here | 不管我们在哪儿 |
[06:14] | or in there, | 不管我们在哪儿 |
[06:16] | we’re with you. | 我们都和你站在一起 |
[06:24] | And we’re ready for this. | 我们也都准备好了 |
[06:41] | I’m gonna let you in on a little secret, | 我要让你们知道一个小秘密 |
[06:44] | I’m glad Lawrence O’Malley | 我很高兴O’Malley当胸挨了三枪 |
[06:46] | took three in the chest. | 我很高兴O’Malley当胸挨了三枪 |
[06:49] | The man, as you’ll hear, | 那家伙,如你们所知 |
[06:51] | was an accused murderer. | 是个被起诉的谋杀犯 |
[06:53] | A cannibal. | 一个食人族 |
[06:56] | The politically correct term for him | 用中性的词来描述他 |
[06:58] | would be “damaged,” | 应该是“危害” |
[07:01] | and a part of me thinks Lindsay Dole | 我某种程度上认为Lindsay Dole帮了我们一个忙 |
[07:03] | did us all a favor. | 我某种程度上认为Lindsay Dole帮了我们一个忙 |
[07:04] | I would’ve liked to have shot him | 我会想去开枪干掉他 |
[07:08] | but I wouldn’t have. | 但我不会的 |
[07:10] | Nor would any of you, | 你们也不会 |
[07:12] | because we have a law against revenge killings. | 因为我们有法律禁止报复杀人 |
[07:15] | There are rules against firing three bullets | 有条例禁止断然连发三枪 |
[07:18] | point-blank into an unarmed man. | 射击一个手无寸铁的人 |
[07:22] | It’s called murder. | 这叫谋杀 |
[07:25] | The evidence will show that the defendant | 证据会显示出被告处决了Lawrence O’Malley |
[07:27] | executed Lawrence O’Malley, simple as that. | 事情就这么简单 |
[07:31] | She just shot him dead in cold blood. | 她就是冷酷地杀了他 |
[07:35] | As viscerally satisfying as that may be, | 可能是为了内心的满足 |
[07:40] | this was first-degree homicide. | 这是一级杀人罪 |
[07:45] | It was murder. | 这是谋杀 |
[08:01] | Lindsay Dole doesn’t even remember | Lindsay Dole甚至都不记得朝Lawrence O’Malley开了枪 |
[08:04] | shooting Lawrence O’Malley. | Lindsay Dole甚至都不记得朝Lawrence O’Malley开了枪 |
[08:06] | That moment is completely blacked out, | 那一刻已经完全被抹去了 |
[08:10] | and the evidence will show | 证据会显示出 |
[08:13] | that her brain quite likely went black | 在她扣动扳机前,她的大脑一片空白 |
[08:16] | before she pulled the trigger. | 在她扣动扳机前,她的大脑一片空白 |
[08:19] | Three years ago, | 三年前 |
[08:20] | Lindsay Dole was stabbed | Lindsay Dole被一个当事人捅了三刀 |
[08:22] | three times by a client. | Lindsay Dole被一个当事人捅了三刀 |
[08:27] | She nearly died. | 她几乎丧命 |
[08:29] | Last year, she was stalked and threatened | 去年,她被一个同样是当事人的连环杀手跟踪和威胁 |
[08:33] | by a serial killer who was also a client. | 去年,她被一个同样是当事人的连环杀手跟踪和威胁 |
[08:37] | Here, after defending Lawrence O’Malley | 本案,在为Lawrence O’Malley的多重杀人案辩护后 |
[08:40] | from multiple killings, | 本案,在为Lawrence O’Malley的多重杀人案辩护后 |
[08:42] | she was stalked by him. | 她被他跟踪 |
[08:45] | He threatened to kill her. | 他威胁要杀了她 |
[08:48] | He showed up at her door | 他违反限制令并出现在她家门口 |
[08:50] | in violation of a restraining order, | 他违反限制令并出现在她家门口 |
[08:53] | entered her house, and this time–this time, | 进入到她家,而这时。。。这时 |
[08:57] | Lindsay snapped. | Lindsay精神崩溃了 |
[09:00] | All of those clients came back into her head. | 所有那些当事人都浮现在了她的脑海中 |
[09:02] | They were all personified by Lawrence O’Malley, | 他们都化身成Lawrence O’Malley |
[09:06] | standing in her house, threatening to kill her, | 站在她家里威胁要杀了她 |
[09:08] | and this time she just snapped. | 此时她精神崩溃了 |
[09:15] | By the way, | 顺便提一下 |
[09:17] | if Lindsay hadn’t snapped, | 如果Lindsay那时没有精神崩溃 |
[09:20] | she’d be dead now. | 她现在已经死了 |
[09:24] | No question. | 毫无疑问 |
[09:45] | WALSH: You were representing the victim. | 你是受害人的代理律师 |
[09:47] | McGONIGAL: Yes. The defendant was trying | 是的,被告试图要使O’Malley先生受到民事拘押 |
[09:49] | to have Mr. O’Malley civilly committed. | 是的,被告试图要使O’Malley先生受到民事拘押 |
[09:51] | I was acting as Mr. O’Malley’s counsel. | 我则作为O’Malley先生的律师 |
[09:54] | What was the disposition of that motion? | 对那项动议是如何处置的? |
[09:56] | The petition was denied. | 申请被驳回了 |
[09:58] | Mr. O’Malley was not committed. | O’Malley没有被处以拘押 |
[10:00] | And Ms. McGonigal, | McGonigal女士, |
[10:02] | what happened after the judge made her ruling? | 法官做出裁决后发生了什么事? |
[10:04] | Well, Ms. Dole was not happy with the outcome. | 这个嘛,Dole女士对这个结果不太满意 |
[10:07] | She then approached Mr. O’Malley. | 她随后逼近了O’Malley先生 |
[10:10] | Did she do or say anything? | 她做了或者说了什么吗? |
[10:12] | Yes. She said to him, | 是的,她对他说 |
[10:14] | “Come near me, I’ll kill you.” | “靠近我的话,我会宰了你” |
[10:16] | WALSH: Were those her exact words? | 她就是那么说的吗? |
[10:18] | Those were her exact words. | 这些是她的原话 |
[10:21] | WALSH: Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:23] | You said my client | 你说我的当事人 |
[10:25] | brought the motion to have Mr. O’Malley committed. | 提出了要求将O’Malley先生民事拘押的动议 |
[10:28] | Wasn’t that motion brought | 可那不是由马萨诸塞州政府提出的吗? |
[10:29] | by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts? | 可那不是由马萨诸塞州政府提出的吗? |
[10:31] | Your client is close friends with Helen Gamble, | 你的当事人和一个地区检察官Helen Gamble是密友 |
[10:34] | a district attorney. | 你的当事人和一个地区检察官Helen Gamble是密友 |
[10:35] | Who brought the motion, Ms. McGonigal? | McGonigal女士,是谁提出的动议? |
[10:37] | Lindsay Dole, | 是Lindsay Dole,还是马萨诸塞州政府? |
[10:38] | or the Commonwealth of Massachusetts? | 是Lindsay Dole,还是马萨诸塞州政府? |
[10:40] | Technically, the state. | 严格来说,是州政府 |
[10:42] | Did Mr. Walsh ask you to leave that part out? | 是Walsh先生要求你忽略掉这一点吗? |
[10:44] | Objection. WEST: Sustained. | – 反对 – 反对有效 |
[10:46] | FRUTT: You testified that my client | 你做证说我的当事人对那个裁决“不满意” |
[10:48] | was “not happy” by the ruling. | 你做证说我的当事人对那个裁决“不满意” |
[10:51] | She was a little more than “not happy,” | 她不仅仅是“不满意”吧 |
[10:53] | wasn’t she? Well– | – 不是吗? – 这个。。。 |
[10:54] | FRUTT: She jumped up in court | 她当庭跳起来说法官疯了 |
[10:56] | and called the judge crazy. | 她当庭跳起来说法官疯了 |
[10:57] | Did you not hear that? I heard it. | – 你听到了吗? – 我听到了 |
[10:59] | FRUTT: As far as courtroom decorum goes, | 就法庭礼仪而言 |
[11:01] | she was out of control, wasn’t she? | 她失控了,不是吗? |
[11:02] | I’m not going to have you put the words | 我不会依着你从我嘴里说出“失控”这个词的,律师 |
[11:04] | “out of control” in my mouth, counsel. | 我不会依着你从我嘴里说出“失控”这个词的,律师 |
[11:06] | FRUTT: Did it get to a point where the judge | 那已经到了让法官不得不威胁Dole女士 要判她藐视法庭的程度了吗? |
[11:08] | had to threaten Ms. Dole with contempt? | 那已经到了让法官不得不威胁Dole女士 要判她藐视法庭的程度了吗? |
[11:10] | That’s an interpretation. | 那是你的一种解读 |
[11:12] | The judge never used the word “contempt.” | 但法官绝对没有用“藐视法庭”这个词 |
[11:14] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[11:16] | So, it would be your interpretation | 那么,说Lindsay“不满意”是你的解读吗? |
[11:19] | that Lindsay was “not happy”? | 那么,说Lindsay“不满意”是你的解读吗? |
[11:22] | Yes. Thank you. | – 是的 – 谢谢你 |
[11:28] | By the way, | 顺便问一下 |
[11:29] | in your opposition to Mr. O’Malley’s commitment, | 在你反对将O’Malley处以民事拘押时 |
[11:33] | you argued that, instead of incarceration, | 你提出,他应该接受治疗而不是被监禁 |
[11:35] | Mr. O’Malley should receive treatment, | 你提出,他应该接受治疗而不是被监禁 |
[11:37] | did you not? Yes. | – 不是吗? – 是的 |
[11:39] | FRUTT: And as one vested | 作为一个被授权维护他利益的人 |
[11:40] | in safeguarding his interests, | 作为一个被授权维护他利益的人 |
[11:42] | did you take any steps | 你采取了什么措施使他接受治疗了吗? |
[11:44] | to see to it that he got that treatment? | 你采取了什么措施使他接受治疗了吗? |
[11:46] | I was vested in safeguarding | 我只是被授权维护他的法律权益 |
[11:48] | his legal interests. | 我只是被授权维护他的法律权益 |
[11:49] | FRUTT: You stood before the court, | 你站在法庭上 |
[11:51] | opposed to his being committed, | 反对他被民事拘押 |
[11:53] | said, “Let’s get him treatment,” | 你说“让我们使他得到治疗” |
[11:56] | and after the ruling, you just said, “Goodbye,” | 在裁决之后,你只说了句“再见” |
[11:59] | doing nothing to help him get the treatment? | 而没有做任何帮助他得到治疗的事? |
[12:02] | Is it because you really didn’t think he needed the treatment, | 这是因为你真的不认为他需要得到治疗 |
[12:04] | or that you just couldn’t be bothered? | 还是仅仅因为你觉得麻烦? |
[12:05] | Objection! FRUTT: No, I am sorry, | – 反对! – 对不起我还要说 |
[12:07] | but I will not conceal my disgust here. | 但我不会在这里掩饰我对此的厌恶 |
[12:10] | Mr. O’Malley might not be dead had this witness | 如果这个证人把该干的事干完, |
[12:12] | done her job. Objection! | – O’Malley先生可能不会死 – 反对! |
[12:13] | FRUTT: You kept him on the street, | 你使他获得自由 |
[12:15] | you took your fee, | 你拿到了你的报酬 |
[12:16] | and you did nothing! Objection! | – 而你什么也不做! – 反对! |
[12:17] | Ms. Frutt! FRUTT: Well, at least | – Frutt女士! – 好吧,至少 |
[12:19] | you make for a great witness. | 你证人做得很棒 |
[12:21] | WEST: Ms. Frutt, | Frutt女士 |
[12:22] | you are one remark away from a jail cell. | 你再说一句就会坐牢了 |
[12:37] | Did I go too far? | 我太过火了吗? |
[12:39] | DONNELL: I don’t think so. | 我认为没有 |
[12:40] | We had to pop her. | 我们必须要狠狠修理她 |
[12:41] | She took a side, | 她站在另一边 |
[12:42] | we had to pop her. | 我们就得修理她 |
[12:45] | Who’s up next? | 下一个是谁? |
[12:47] | They go to forensics now. | 他们现在要传唤法医 |
[12:49] | ILLICH: The blood-spatter evidence | 血液喷溅证据显示出受害者是在这儿 |
[12:50] | shows the victim to be here, | 血液喷溅证据显示出受害者是在这儿 |
[12:52] | approximately 15 feet from the shooter. | 大约离开枪者15英尺远 |
[12:55] | Mr. Donnell would’ve been here. | Donnell先生应该在这儿 |
[12:57] | WALSH: you can tell that from… | 你这么说是根据。。。 |
[12:58] | The blood-spatter on his clothing. | 血溅在他的衣服上 |
[13:00] | WALSH: So, he would’ve been between | 这么说他应该是在受害人和被告之间了? |
[13:01] | the victim and the defendant? | 这么说他应该是在受害人和被告之间了? |
[13:02] | Correct. | 没错 |
[13:04] | Any blood on Ms. Dole’s clothing? | Dole女士的衣服上有血迹吗? |
[13:05] | ILLICH: No, she was too far away. | 没有,她离得太远了 |
[13:07] | WALSH: And, Mr. Illich, were you able to determine | Illich先生,在O’Malley先生被击中那一刻 |
[13:09] | if Mr. O’Malley was moving | 你能确定他是否在移动? |
[13:11] | at the time he was shot? | 你能确定他是否在移动? |
[13:12] | He was either standing still | 他要么是站着不动 |
[13:15] | or moving backwards. | 要么就是在往后退 |
[13:17] | WALSH: How can you tell that, sir? | 你怎么得出这个看法的,先生? |
[13:18] | ILLICH: The trajectory of the wounds. | 根据伤口的弹道 |
[13:20] | Also, if he’d been moving forward at all, | 还有,如果他竟然是往前移动的话 |
[13:24] | his momentum likely would’ve caused him | 他的前冲力很可能会使他面朝下倒下 |
[13:25] | to fall facedown. | 他的前冲力很可能会使他面朝下倒下 |
[13:28] | He was found on his back. | 而我们发现他是背着地的 |
[13:30] | Is it your testimony that it would be impossible | 你的证词是说受害人在中枪时 |
[13:33] | for the victim to have been moving forward | 不可能是在往前移动的? |
[13:35] | at the time he was shot? | 不可能是在往前移动的? |
[13:36] | Not impossible. I’m speaking in likelihoods. | 不是说不可能。我说的是可能性 |
[13:39] | I’m looking at the positioning here. | 我正在看这个位置图 |
[13:41] | Bobby Donnell was close to being | Bobby Donnell很靠近射击弹道 |
[13:43] | in the line of fire, wasn’t he? | 不是吗? |
[13:45] | Well, no. He was off to the side, | 呃,不是,他在旁边 |
[13:47] | so the line of fire– | 所以这个射击弹道。。。 |
[13:48] | Well, he was between the shooter and the victim. | 那么,他在受害人和开枪者之间 |
[13:51] | Not exactly a safe place to be, | 那不是个安全的位置 |
[13:53] | is it, Mr. Illich? | 对吧,Illich先生? |
[13:55] | No. And yet, | – 不是 – 然而 |
[13:57] | his wife fired. | 他的妻子却开枪了 |
[13:59] | Did it make you wonder whether she had just snapped? | 那会使你怀疑她是否就是精神崩溃了吗? |
[14:01] | Objection. I’m only asking | – 反对 – 我只是在问 |
[14:03] | if the expert crime analyst wondered. | 是否专业的犯罪分析师会对此有所疑惑 |
[14:06] | I’ll allow it. | 我准许这个问题 |
[14:08] | Did you wonder? | 你对此有疑惑吗? |
[14:09] | I just analyze bloodstain patterns. | 我只是分析血液模式 |
[14:12] | I don’t get into mental states. | 我不会去调查精神状态 |
[14:14] | FRUTT: You’re up here to convince the jury | 你在此作证是要让陪审团 |
[14:16] | that the victim wasn’t moving forward. | 相信受害人没有往前移动 |
[14:19] | The only relevance of that, I’d assume, | 我想,这个问题唯一重要性在于 |
[14:21] | goes to whether Lindsay thought she was in danger. | 引证出是否Lindsay认为她面临危险 |
[14:24] | That goes to her mental state, | 那就涉及到她的精神状态 |
[14:26] | does it not? | 不是吗? |
[14:27] | Indirectly, yes. | 间接地涉及到 |
[14:28] | FRUTT: Indirectly? Mr. Illich, | 间接地?Illich先生 |
[14:30] | can you make a representation here | 至于Dole女士的精神状态 |
[14:32] | as to Ms. Dole’s mental state or not? | 你能在此做出描述吗? |
[14:35] | I’m not going to make | 我不会就此做出任何描述的 |
[14:37] | any such representation. | 我不会就此做出任何描述的 |
[14:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:43] | DOLE: Yes, it is an emergency. | 是的,是紧急情况 |
[14:44] | There’s an intruder in my house. | 有人闯入我家 |
[14:46] | MAN: Where is he? | 他在哪儿? |
[14:47] | DOLE: His name is Lawrence O’Malley. | 他叫Lawrence O’Malley |
[14:48] | He’s here in violation of a restraining order. | 他到这儿违反了限制令 |
[14:50] | He’s dangerous, | 他很危险 |
[14:51] | and I need for you to send somebody now. | 我需要你们现在派人过来 |
[14:53] | The address is 1312 Beacon St., | 地址是Beacon街1312号4号公寓 |
[14:55] | apartment 4. | 地址是Beacon街1312号4号公寓 |
[14:58] | WALSH: That sounded pretty calm. | 这听起来很冷静吧 |
[14:59] | Objection! | 反对! |
[15:00] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[15:01] | WALSH: Mr. Forbes, in the background, | Forbes先生,在录音的背景中 |
[15:03] | we can hear other voices. | 我们能听到其他人的声音 |
[15:05] | FORBES: Yes, those voices were identified | 是的,经过辨识,这些声音是Donnell先生 |
[15:07] | as belonging to Mr. Donnell | 是的,经过辨识,这些声音是Donnell先生 |
[15:08] | and the victim, Lawrence O’Malley. | 还有受害人Lawrence O’Malley |
[15:10] | Were you able to detect what they were saying? | 你能听出他们在说什么吗? |
[15:12] | Yes. We were able to both isolate | 可以,我们能分离和增强他们的交谈内容 |
[15:15] | and enhance their conversation. | 可以,我们能分离和增强他们的交谈内容 |
[15:16] | Okay. | 那好 |
[15:19] | DOLE: Yes, it is an emergency. | 是的,这是紧急情况 |
[15:20] | There’s an intruder in my house. | 有人闯入我家 |
[15:22] | DONNELL: What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[15:25] | O’MALLEY: I promise, I’m not here to cause anybody any harm. | 我保证,我来这儿不会伤害谁的 |
[15:27] | I just need to talk to her, please. | 我只是要和她谈谈,拜托 |
[15:31] | That’s when she hung up. | 那时候她挂断了电话 |
[15:33] | Thank you, Mr. Forbes. | 谢谢你,Forbes先生 |
[15:38] | FRUTT: You have no idea what transpired | 你不知道她挂断电话后发生了什么吧? |
[15:41] | after she hung up? | 你不知道她挂断电话后发生了什么吧? |
[15:42] | Well, I know she shot him. | 我知道她对他开了枪 |
[15:44] | FRUTT: Yes. Between the time | 那是,但在她挂断电话和开枪之间 |
[15:46] | she hung up and she fired, | 那是,但在她挂断电话和开枪之间 |
[15:48] | you don’t know what was said or what happened. | 你并不知道他们说了什么或者发生了什么事 |
[15:51] | Correct? | 对吗? |
[15:52] | Correct. | 对 |
[15:57] | The defense is expected to begin tomorrow | 辩方计划在明天提出他们有关精神病症方面的证据 |
[15:59] | with their psychiatric evidence. | 辩方计划在明天提出他们有关精神病症方面的证据 |
[16:01] | Dr. Emily Fink is up first. | Emily Fink医生首先作证 |
[16:03] | She’s considered to be one of the nation’s | 她被认为是国内在受虐妇女综合症领域 |
[16:05] | leading authorities | 她被认为是国内在受虐妇女综合症领域 |
[16:06] | on battered woman syndrome. | 具有领先地位的权威人士 |
[16:15] | Ellenor, | |
[16:17] | you’re doing great. | 你做的很棒 |
[16:20] | You haven’t really asked for my advice, | 你不太需要征求我的意见 |
[16:22] | but could I give you some? | 但我可以提一些建议吗? |
[16:26] | Lindsay killed an unarmed man. | Lindsay杀了一个手无寸铁的人 |
[16:28] | Science cannot explain that. | 学术角度无法解释这些 |
[16:30] | Only Lindsay can. | 只有Lindsay本人可以 |
[16:32] | Battered woman syndrome, that’s your device. | 受虐妇女综合症领域,那是你的策略 |
[16:35] | It entitles the jury to set her free, | 如果陪审团想的话 |
[16:37] | if they want to. | 他们可以凭这一条让她脱罪 |
[16:40] | They won’t want to | 但除非他们能听到Lindsay和Bobby的证词 |
[16:41] | unless they hear from Lindsay. | 但除非他们能听到Lindsay和Bobby的证词 |
[16:44] | And Bobby, too. | 否则陪审团不会想让她脱罪的 |
[16:45] | Eugene thinks Walsh is gunning for Bobby. | Eugene认为Walsh意在伺机伏击Bobby |
[16:48] | GAMBLE: He may be. | 可能是 |
[16:50] | Look, I know you guys know this, | 但是,我知道你们明白这些 |
[16:51] | but the burden of proof | 但本案的举证责任不在检方一边 |
[16:53] | isn’t on the prosecution here. | 但本案的举证责任不在检方一边 |
[16:54] | The burden of an excuse | 提出合理的理由是你们的责任 |
[16:57] | is on you. | 提出合理的理由是你们的责任 |
[17:03] | FINK: People mistakenly associate | 人们错误地把受虐妇女综合症和报复联系到一起 |
[17:05] | battered woman syndrome with revenge. | 人们错误地把受虐妇女综合症和报复联系到一起 |
[17:08] | It isn’t that. | 这样理解是不对的 |
[17:09] | What is it, doctor? | 那该怎么理解呢,医生 |
[17:11] | FINK: Well, mostly, | 大多数情况下 |
[17:11] | it’s an extreme stress disorder. | 这是一种极度的压力失调 |
[17:14] | It’s a mental disorder, | 是一种精神上的错乱 |
[17:16] | which can cause the sufferer to lose mental control | 这会导致患者对他们的行为失去精神上的控制 |
[17:19] | over his or her actions. | 这会导致患者对他们的行为失去精神上的控制 |
[17:20] | FRUTT: Did you examine Lindsay Dole, doctor? | 你对Lindsay Dole做了检查吗,医生? |
[17:22] | Yes, I did. | 是的,我做了 |
[17:24] | This woman was the victim of repeated abuse, | 这个女人是反复虐待的受害人 |
[17:27] | the abusers being her own clients. | 虐待来自她自己的当事人 |
[17:30] | She had buried a lot of fear. | 她暗自积压了大量恐惧 |
[17:31] | She had been in denial. | 她一直对此否认 |
[17:33] | In reality, she had no coping mechanisms | 而实际上,她对如何处理Malley先生的威胁 |
[17:36] | with which to handle | 而实际上,她对如何处理Malley先生的威胁 |
[17:37] | Mr. O’Malley’s threats. | 没有应对机制 |
[17:39] | At the moment she shot him– | 在她开枪的那一刻。。。 |
[17:41] | She doesn’t remember it. | 她都不记得了 |
[17:44] | She suffers from a psychological amnesia. | 她产生了心理失忆症 |
[17:47] | She’s walled it off from herself | 作为心理上保护自己的一种方式 |
[17:49] | as a way of psychologically protecting herself. | 她把那一刻自我隔离开了 |
[17:54] | You say you examined Lindsay Dole. | 你说你对Lindsay Dole做了检查 |
[17:56] | For how long? | 用了多长时间? |
[17:57] | Several hours. | 几个小时 |
[17:58] | WALSH: And before this examination, | 在这次检查前 |
[18:00] | how long had you known Ms. Dole? | 你认识Dole女士有多久了? |
[18:01] | I didn’t know her. | 我不认识她 |
[18:03] | WALSH: Is it your testimony | 你的证词是说 |
[18:04] | Ms. Dole didn’t know what she was doing | Dole女士在她扣动扳机的时候 |
[18:06] | when she pulled that trigger? | 她不知道她在干什么,是吗? |
[18:07] | My testimony is, | 我的证词是说 |
[18:09] | given her history of abuse, | 鉴于她的受虐经历 |
[18:11] | her fear or apprehension was reasonable. | 她恐惧和焦虑是有理由的 |
[18:14] | But she likely knew what she was doing. | 但她似乎是知道她在干什么 |
[18:16] | I don’t know whether she did or didn’t. | 我不知道她是否知道 |
[18:19] | Nor does she, because she’s blocked it out. | 她也是如此,因为她将那一刻隔离开了 |
[18:21] | WALSH: Yes, the psychological amnesia. | 嗯,所谓心理失忆症 |
[18:23] | Have you ever known extreme guilt | 你可知道极度负罪感也会引发那种失忆症吗? |
[18:26] | to trigger this kind of amnesia? | 你可知道极度负罪感也会引发那种失忆症吗? |
[18:28] | Yes. WALSH: In fact, my experts | – 知道 – 实际上,我方的专家 |
[18:30] | tell me psychological amnesia | 告诉我,相比于采取正当防卫的人 |
[18:32] | would be more common in people who commit murder | 告诉我,相比于采取正当防卫的人 |
[18:34] | than people who act in self-defense. | 心理失忆症在那些杀人犯中更常见一些 |
[18:37] | Each case is different, and– | 每个案子都有区别,而且。。。 |
[18:39] | WALSH: I appreciate that, | 我很感谢你这么说 |
[18:40] | but statistically, | 但从统计数据上看 |
[18:42] | what’s the more common cause | 导致心理失忆症的更常见的原因是什么 |
[18:44] | of psychological amnesia, | 导致心理失忆症的更常见的原因是什么 |
[18:46] | murder or justified self-defense? | 是谋杀还是正当防卫? |
[18:48] | I’m not comfortable speaking in statistics. | 我不喜欢用统计数字来说明问题 |
[18:51] | Let me ask again. | 让我再问一次好了 |
[18:54] | What is the more common cause | 导致心理失忆症的更常见的原因是什么 |
[18:56] | of psychological amnesia? | 导致心理失忆症的更常见的原因是什么 |
[18:58] | Murder or justified self-defense? | 是谋杀还是正当防卫? |
[19:03] | Murder. | 是谋杀 |
[19:04] | Thank you, doctor. | 谢谢你,医生 |
[19:23] | I’m gonna go next, and then we’ll finish with you. | 下一个是我,你最后一个出庭作证 |
[19:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:26] | DONNELL: We need to study the transcripts | 我们要仔细看看我们要陈述的证词抄本 |
[19:28] | of our statements. | 我们要仔细看看我们要陈述的证词抄本 |
[19:29] | I’ve studied it. | 我看过了 |
[19:31] | It’s a good idea to go over it again. | 再仔细看看比较好 |
[19:33] | We don’t want to get caught | 我们不希望被挑出来有较大的差异 |
[19:34] | in so much as a discrepancy. | 我们不希望被挑出来有较大的差异 |
[19:35] | I’ve studied it, Bobby. They’re not gonna catch me. | 我已经研究过了,Bobby。他们挑不出毛病的 |
[19:38] | Study yours. | 你看你自己吧 |
[19:44] | It’s going very well. | 会一切顺利的 |
[19:46] | You do know that. | 你是相信的 |
[19:48] | I do. | 我知道 |
[19:54] | I’m gonna study my statement. | 我去看看我要做的陈述吧 |
[19:56] | Good. | 很好 |
[20:06] | I consider myself friends with both Lindsay and Bobby. | 我自认为我是Lindsay和Bobby他们俩的朋友 |
[20:10] | Between the two of them, | 他们俩相比的话 |
[20:11] | I think Bobby is more likely to kill somebody. | 我认为Bobby更像是会杀人的 |
[20:14] | Why are they even talking to him? | 他们为什么要采访他? |
[20:16] | JOEY: I’m not saying he did it. | 我不是说是他干的 |
[20:18] | I just know he’s gallant. | 我只是知道他会英雄救美 |
[20:20] | And that he’d take the fall for his wife, if necessary. | 如果有必要的话,他会为她妻子背黑锅的 |
[20:24] | I just have my doubts. | 我就是有这个怀疑 |
[20:25] | Reasonable doubts. | 合理怀疑 |
[20:30] | I hope that helps. | 我希望这有点用 |
[20:34] | DONNELL: She started to unravel | 甚至在审理期间,她都开始有些崩溃了 |
[20:36] | even during the trial. | 甚至在审理期间,她都开始有些崩溃了 |
[20:37] | FRUTT: When you say “unravel”– | 你说到“崩溃”。。。 |
[20:39] | DONNELL: She started having emotional tantrums, | 她开始情绪暴躁 |
[20:41] | to the point where she said | 到了她说出希望输掉官司的程度 |
[20:43] | she wanted to lose the trial. | 到了她说出希望输掉官司的程度 |
[20:45] | FRUTT: The trial in which you were defending | 是指你们为Lawrence O’Malley辩护的那次审理吗? |
[20:47] | Lawrence O’Malley? | 是指你们为Lawrence O’Malley辩护的那次审理吗? |
[20:48] | DONNELL: Yes. He kept staring at her in court, | 是的,在法庭上他一直盯着她 |
[20:51] | saying how he’d take her to heaven, | 说什么他要带她去天堂 |
[20:53] | and she started to come undone. | 然后她就开始失控 |
[20:55] | We were all worried about her. | 我们都很担心她 |
[20:58] | FRUTT: At some point, | 但后来你们还是取得了对他的限制令 |
[21:00] | you took out a restraining order against this man. | 但后来你们还是取得了对他的限制令 |
[21:02] | Yes, but it didn’t matter. | 是的,但是那没用 |
[21:04] | He just kept coming. | 他还是来了 |
[21:06] | FRUTT: Turning your attention | 说回到我们谈及的那晚 |
[21:07] | back to the night in question, | 说回到我们谈及的那晚 |
[21:08] | can you please tell us what happened? | 能请你向我们描述发生了些什么吗? |
[21:10] | I was in the bedroom. | 我当时在卧室 |
[21:12] | I heard Lindsay scream for me. | 我听到Lindsay喊我 |
[21:13] | I came running out– there he was. | 我跑出来。。。他在那儿 |
[21:16] | O’Malley? DONNELL: Yes. | – O’Malley吗? – 对 |
[21:18] | I asked him to leave, he wouldn’t. | 我要求他离开,他不听 |
[21:19] | I threatened to throw him out, | 我威胁说要把他扔出去 |
[21:22] | and then, he just turned. | 然后,他突然变了 |
[21:25] | He turned? | 突然变了? |
[21:26] | DONNELL: He was a paranoid schizophrenic | 他是一个偏执的精神分裂症患者 |
[21:28] | who suffered from psychotic breaks, | 他的精神病会发作 |
[21:30] | and it looked like he was becoming psychotic here. | 他那时看起来就精神病发作了 |
[21:32] | Then he looked at Lindsay and told her she was in danger, | 他盯着Lindsay跟她说她危险了 |
[21:35] | told her the other man was coming for her. | 跟她说另一个人要来找她 |
[21:38] | FRUTT: What did you do? | 你做了什么? |
[21:39] | DONNELL: I kept asking him to leave. | 我一直要求他离开 |
[21:41] | I didn’t want to antagonize him, | 我不想让他上火 |
[21:42] | because I knew that’s what makes him snap, | 因为我知道那会使他抓狂 |
[21:44] | but it was as if he didn’t even hear me. | 但是他好像根本没听见我说话 |
[21:47] | He had this crazed look, | 他看起来很疯狂 |
[21:49] | like he was just going to explode or something. | 就像他要爆发了 |
[21:51] | And then, he threatened her again. | 然后,他再次威胁她 |
[21:58] | And she just shot the gun. | 于是她就开了枪 |
[22:01] | I looked at her. | 我看着她 |
[22:02] | She.. | 她。。。 |
[22:03] | she had this vacant, | 她开枪的时候 |
[22:07] | dazed expression | 表情呆滞茫然 |
[22:10] | as she fired. | 表情呆滞茫然 |
[22:13] | She put the gun down, | 她把枪放下 |
[22:15] | and then she went to her room. | 然后去了她的房间 |
[22:18] | And what did you do? | 你呢? |
[22:19] | I called the police. | 我报了警 |
[22:22] | And then I went in to check on Lindsay. | 然后我进去看Lindsay |
[22:24] | She didn’t even know what happened. | 她甚至不知道发生了什么 |
[22:28] | She didn’t know she had shot him. | 她不知道她开了枪杀了他 |
[22:30] | It seemed like she was… | 她好像是。。。 |
[22:37] | just gone. | 丢了魂儿似的 |
[22:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[22:54] | You said your wife started to unravel | 你说你妻子在O’Malley案的审理期间就崩溃了 |
[22:57] | during the O’Malley trial. | 你说你妻子在O’Malley案的审理期间就崩溃了 |
[22:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:00] | WALSH: When? | 具体是什么时候 |
[23:01] | Well, it happened almost immediately. | 几乎是一开始 |
[23:04] | He called her “Clarice” | 他称她“Clarice” |
[23:06] | and made his obsession known | 从一开始就让人知道他的痴迷 |
[23:07] | from the beginning. | 从一开始就让人知道他的痴迷 |
[23:08] | But your wife didn’t beg off. | 但你妻子并没有请求退出 |
[23:10] | She continued to interact with him | – 她继续作为他的律师和他发生接触 – 是的 |
[23:12] | and be his lawyer. Yes. | – 她继续作为他的律师和他发生接触 – 是的 |
[23:14] | WALSH: In fact, you even had your wife handle | 实际上,你甚至让你的妻子负责对O’Malley先生的直询 |
[23:16] | Mr. O’Malley’s direct testimony. | 实际上,你甚至让你的妻子负责对O’Malley先生的直询 |
[23:17] | That was a strategic decision. | 那是庭审策略上的决定 |
[23:20] | Your wife is becoming unglued, | 你的妻子已经心情烦乱了 |
[23:23] | but for the sake of getting this cannibal off, | 但为了让这个食人族脱罪 |
[23:26] | best to let her keep going? | 让她继续负责是最好的方法吗? |
[23:27] | DONNELL: At the point Lindsay did her direct, | 在由Lindsay负责直询这一点上 |
[23:29] | she was still basically okay. | 她基本上还没问题 |
[23:31] | It was after that she really started to suffer. | 在那之后,她的情况真的开始变糟了 |
[23:34] | Did you get her to a doctor? | 你带她看病了吗? |
[23:35] | I was planning to. | 我是准备这么做的 |
[23:36] | You were planning to? | 你准备这么做? |
[23:39] | You wouldn’t be lying now | 你现在不会为了救你妻子而撒谎 |
[23:41] | to help save your wife, | 你现在不会为了救你妻子而撒谎 |
[23:42] | would you, Mr. Donnell? | 会吗,Donnell |
[23:43] | Objection. | 反对 |
[23:43] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[23:45] | I’m not lying. | 我没有撒谎 |
[23:46] | WALSH: After she shot the man, | 在她射杀那人后 |
[23:47] | you said you saw “a dazed, | 你说你看到了“她的目光呆滞和茫然” |
[23:50] | vacant look in her eyes.” | 你说你看到了“她的目光呆滞和茫然” |
[23:52] | DONNELL: Yes. | 是的 |
[23:53] | WALSH: Did you tell the police this? | 这些你跟警察说了吗? |
[23:54] | The police never asked what she looked like. | 警察没有问过这些 |
[23:56] | Isn’t it true after witnessing the event, | 目击事发后,你认为你的妻子犯了谋杀罪,不是吗? |
[23:59] | you knew your wife had committed murder? | 目击事发后,你认为你的妻子犯了谋杀罪,不是吗? |
[24:01] | That is not true. | 不是的 |
[24:02] | That is not true? | 不是吗? |
[24:03] | That is not true. | 不是的 |
[24:09] | WOMAN: There’s a gunshot victim? | 有枪击受害者? |
[24:11] | DONNELL: Yes. We need an ambulance right away | 是的,我们需要立刻派救护车来 |
[24:13] | at 1312 Beacon. | Beacon街1312号 |
[24:15] | WOMAN: And who shot the man? | 谁开的枪? |
[24:18] | DONNELL: A man has been shot. | 一个男人中枪了 |
[24:20] | Please get an ambulance | 请派一辆救护车 |
[24:21] | to 1312 Beacon. | 到Beacon街1312号 |
[24:25] | When the operator asked you, “Who shot the man?” | 当接线员问你,“谁杀了那个人?” |
[24:26] | why didn’t you just tell her? | 为什么你不告诉她呢? |
[24:27] | It wasn’t necessary to tell her. | 没那个必要 |
[24:29] | WALSH: Wasn’t necessary? | 没必要? |
[24:30] | So a man is lying on your floor | 那么说一个挨了三枪的男人躺在你家地板上 |
[24:32] | with three gunshot wounds, | 那么说一个挨了三枪的男人躺在你家地板上 |
[24:34] | and you’re deciding what is or isn’t necessary | 而却由来决定 |
[24:36] | to tell the police operator? | 哪些是必要或哪些是不必要去告知警方接线员的? |
[24:39] | You called the police. | 你报了警 |
[24:40] | Call anybody else? | 还找了别人吗? |
[24:42] | I called Eugene Young. | 我给Eugene Young打了电话 |
[24:44] | A lawyer. | 一个律师 |
[24:45] | A colleague and friend. | 一个同事和朋友 |
[24:46] | In fact, you huddled with Mr. Young, | 实际上,你和Young先生聚在一起商量 |
[24:50] | Ms. Frutt, another colleague and friend, | Frutt女士,另一个同事和朋友 |
[24:52] | Mr. Berluti over there, | 坐在那边的Berluti先生 |
[24:53] | another colleague and friend, | 也是一个同事和朋友 |
[24:55] | and after the huddle, | 你们聚在一起后 |
[24:57] | did you tell the police what happened? | 你向警方说明事发经过了吗? |
[24:59] | Objection, this goes to privileged– | 反对,这涉及到保密特权。。。 |
[25:01] | WALSH: I’m not asking what the colleagues | 我不是在问这些同事和朋友讨论了什么 |
[25:03] | and friends talked about. | 我不是在问这些同事和朋友讨论了什么 |
[25:05] | I’m asking whether he talked | 我是在问他当晚是否和警方说过话 |
[25:06] | to the police that night. | 我是在问他当晚是否和警方说过话 |
[25:08] | The objection is overruled. | 反对无效 |
[25:10] | WALSH: Did you tell the police what happened? | 你向警方说明事发经过了吗? |
[25:12] | My wife had to get to a hospital. | 我的妻子必须要去医院 |
[25:14] | Did you tell the police– | 你向警方。。。 |
[25:16] | I had to be with my wife. | 我必须要陪我妻子 |
[25:18] | WALSH: Did you consider yourselves suspects? | 你认为你自己是嫌犯吗? |
[25:20] | We talked to the police the next day. | 我们第二天和警方谈了 |
[25:23] | WALSH: The next day? | 第二天? |
[25:23] | Your lawyers organized a meeting | 你的律师在你的事务所安排了一次会面 |
[25:26] | at your offices, | 你的律师在你的事务所安排了一次会面 |
[25:28] | under your control, | 在你的掌控下 |
[25:29] | where the police could ask questions. | 在那里警方进行了询问 |
[25:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:32] | WALSH: Mr. Donnell, we’ve heard testimony | Donnell先生,我们已经听到了有关 |
[25:34] | of another client who terrorized your wife, | 另一个名叫William Hinks的当事人 |
[25:37] | a man by the name of William Hinks. | 恐吓了你的妻子 |
[25:41] | What happened to him? | 他遭遇了什么事? |
[25:41] | Objection! Relevance. | 反对!有何关联性 |
[25:43] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[25:45] | What happened to Mr. Hinks? | 他遭遇了什么事? |
[25:48] | He was killed. | 他被杀了 |
[25:50] | He was murdered | 他被谋杀了 |
[25:53] | by a man you did business with, | 被一个和你有合作关系的人 |
[25:55] | correct? | 对吗? |
[25:55] | By a man I used to represent. | 是被一个我代理过的人杀的 |
[25:58] | You had a conversation with this man. | 你和这个人有过一段对话 |
[26:00] | This man then murdered Mr. Hinks, | 然后这个人就谋杀了Hinks先生 |
[26:03] | and you were arrested for conspiracy | 而你因策划谋杀罪名被逮捕 |
[26:05] | to commit murder. | 而你因策划谋杀罪名被逮捕 |
[26:06] | I was acquitted. | 我被判无罪 |
[26:07] | I smell a pattern, | 我察觉到一种模式 |
[26:09] | threaten Lindsay Dole, | 只要威胁Lindsay Dole |
[26:11] | you get killed. | 就会被干掉 |
[26:12] | Objection! | 反对! |
[26:13] | WARREN: Sustained! | 反对有效! |
[26:32] | YOUNG: What happened? Bobby got picked apart | – 怎么了? – Bobby被驳得体无完肤 |
[26:35] | while Ellenor sat on her hands. | 而Ellenor置之不理 |
[26:36] | BERLUTI: It didn’t go that bad. | 没那么差 |
[26:38] | The direct was fine. | 直询还不错 |
[26:39] | DOLE: It sucked, Jimmy. | 太糟了,Jimmy |
[26:40] | Okay? | 知道吗? |
[26:41] | It looked like we had something to hide. | 那样显得我们隐瞒了什么 |
[26:43] | Bobby played it like we had something to hide. | Bobby表现得好像我们在隐瞒什么 |
[26:45] | They introduced the Hink’s Case, | 他们搬出了Hink的案子 |
[26:46] | which should have been objected to | 我们本应以过往行为理由而提出反对 |
[26:47] | as a prior bad act. | 我们本应以过往行为理由而提出反对 |
[26:48] | FRUTT: Bobby’s not the defendant. | 可Bobby并不是被告 |
[26:50] | You should’ve been jumping up and down! | 你应该表现得激烈一些! |
[26:52] | Well, I’m ready to jump now, Lindsay. | 好吧,我现在准备要激烈一些了,Lindsay |
[26:53] | BERLUTI: All right. FRUTT: No, | – 算了 – 不 |
[26:54] | what do you want from us? | 你想要我们怎么样? |
[26:56] | DONNELL: Shut it down, Ellenor. | 别说了,Ellenor |
[26:59] | What I can’t get by is in that room– | 在那个房间里,我感到难受的是。。。 |
[27:03] | in that room, when you all– | 在那个房间里,当你们全都。。。 |
[27:04] | What room? My bedroom. | – 什么房间? – 我的卧室 |
[27:06] | When– | 当。。。 |
[27:10] | you all came and instinctively | 你们全都赶过来 |
[27:13] | you looked at this as a murder. | 你们不由自主地把这当成是谋杀案 |
[27:15] | You all powwowed with strategy | 你们全都在讨论策略 |
[27:19] | because you were at a murder scene. | 因为你们在一个谋杀现场 |
[27:21] | None of you have ever looked at this | 你们中没人曾把这事当成是正当防卫或者受虐的妇女 |
[27:25] | as self-defense or battered woman. | 你们中没人曾把这事当成是正当防卫或者受虐的妇女 |
[27:29] | And you’re doing everything you can | 你们在竭尽全力让我脱罪 |
[27:31] | to get me acquitted, and I am so grateful, | 我非常非常感激 |
[27:34] | I am, but… | 我,但是。。。 |
[27:37] | but in your eyes, | 但是在你们眼中 |
[27:39] | your minds, | 你们的心里 |
[27:42] | I committed a crime. | 我犯了罪 |
[27:46] | And maybe in mine, too. | 而且我也许也是这么想的 |
[27:51] | He had no weapon. | 他手无寸铁 |
[27:56] | He wasn’t even moving, | 他甚至动都没动 |
[27:57] | and I just– he was just standing there, | 而我就。。。他只是站在那儿 |
[27:59] | talking, and I shot him. | 说着话,而我就冲他开了枪 |
[28:01] | I just–I just killed him. | 我就。。。我就那样杀了他 |
[28:27] | It’s okay if you get emotional. | 你宣泄情绪没有问题的 |
[28:31] | That won’t hurt you. | 那不会对你不好 |
[28:34] | It’s important to talk about how you feel. | 重要的是你说出了你的感受 |
[28:37] | Okay. | 嗯 |
[28:40] | Obviously you can’t say some | 显然,你不能把昨天说的那些事说出来 |
[28:42] | of the things you said yesterday. | 显然,你不能把昨天说的那些事说出来 |
[28:45] | You can’t, you know. | 你不能,你明白的 |
[28:47] | Okay. | 嗯 |
[28:58] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[29:04] | None of us– | 我们没人 |
[29:07] | none of us think of you | 没人认为你 |
[29:09] | as a murderer. | 是个谋杀犯 |
[29:11] | Because you’re not. | 因为你就不是 |
[29:14] | The lawyer part of ourselves | 那天晚上体现出的是我们作为律师的那部分 |
[29:16] | kicked in that night, | 那天晚上体现出的是我们作为律师的那部分 |
[29:17] | because that’s who | 因为我们就是这样的人 |
[29:18] | and what we are. | 因为我们就是这样的人 |
[29:21] | But nobody in this office thinks | 但这家事务所里没有人认为那晚发生的是谋杀 |
[29:23] | what happened that night was murder. | 但这家事务所里没有人认为那晚发生的是谋杀 |
[29:30] | Okay. | 嗯 |
[29:32] | You snapped. | 你精神崩溃了 |
[29:36] | I was there. | 我就在那儿 |
[29:38] | I saw it. | 我看到了 |
[29:40] | You snapped. | 你是精神崩溃了 |
[29:46] | Okay. | 嗯 |
[29:58] | You say it all started to come back. | 你说那一切都开始回忆起来了 |
[30:01] | Can you tell the jury what came back? | 能告诉陪审团你回忆起什么了吗? |
[30:06] | First, Hinks, | 首先是Hinks |
[30:07] | ’cause Hinks tried to kill me, too. | 因为Hinks也想要杀我 |
[30:10] | Hinks stalked me. | Hinks跟踪我 |
[30:12] | It was first Hinks. | 首先是Hinks |
[30:13] | I–it was Hinks first, | 我。。。先是Hinks |
[30:17] | then Vogelman. | 然后是Vogelman |
[30:18] | FRUTT: Vogelman? Vogelman? | |
[30:20] | George Vogelman. | |
[30:21] | He was a client. | 也是我的一个当事人 |
[30:21] | He stabbed me. | 他刺伤了我 |
[30:23] | He was a client. | 是我的一个当事人 |
[30:24] | His, his name was George, | 他,他的名字是George |
[30:26] | and– | 还有。。。 |
[30:28] | he was a client. | 他是一个当事人 |
[30:30] | He stabbed me. | 他捅了我 |
[30:32] | Three times. | 三次 |
[30:34] | And Mr. O’Malley brought memories of these men back? | 而O’Malley先生使你回忆起这些人吗? |
[30:38] | First Hinks, | 一开始是Hinks |
[30:40] | then Vogelman, | 然后是Vogelman |
[30:43] | three times. | 三次 |
[30:45] | FRUTT: Lindsay, did you ever see a doctor | Lindsay,对于Hinks和Vogelman给你带来的精神创伤 |
[30:48] | or a therapist to help you deal | 你可曾去找过医生或者心理治疗师寻求帮助吗? |
[30:50] | with the trauma over Hinks and Vogelman? | 你可曾去找过医生或者心理治疗师寻求帮助吗? |
[30:52] | I did for a while, but then I had to be okay, | 我治疗过一段时间,但我必须要好起来 |
[30:54] | so I was okay. | 所以我没事了 |
[30:56] | I had to be okay. | 我必须要好起来 |
[30:58] | FRUTT: Why did you have to be okay? | 为什么你必须要好起来? |
[30:59] | Because I’m not a victim. | 因为我不是受害者 |
[31:01] | I can’t be a victim. | 我不能成为一个受害者 |
[31:03] | That’s why I opened the door. | 那就是为什么我去开了门 |
[31:06] | What door? My door. | – 开什么门 – 我家的门 |
[31:08] | When he came– | 当他来的时候。。。 |
[31:10] | O’Malley– O’Malley。。。 | |
[31:13] | I knew it was probably him, | 我知道可能是他 |
[31:15] | but I opened my door anyway. I wasn’t gonna be a victim. | 但我还是开门了。我不要成为受害者的。 |
[31:19] | It was my house. | 那是我的家 |
[31:21] | And after you opened the door? | 你开门之后呢? |
[31:23] | I killed him. | 我杀了他 |
[31:30] | What happened before you killed him? | 你杀他之前呢? |
[31:33] | He was there to kill me. | 他来是要杀我的 |
[31:35] | He came to take me to heaven. | 他来是要带我去天堂 |
[31:37] | That’s why– | 那就是为什么。。。 |
[31:41] | he came to take me to heaven. | 他来是要带我去天堂 |
[31:44] | FRUTT: And you perceived | 而你觉得 |
[31:45] | what he meant was… | 他的本意是。。。 |
[31:47] | He was about to kill me. | 他是要杀了我 |
[31:50] | He said “I am taking you to heaven, | 他说“我要带你去天堂” |
[31:52] | just like–“ | 就像 |
[31:55] | that’s why I said it. | 所以我才这么说 |
[31:56] | I told him, “You go on ahead without me,” | 我对他说,“你自己先去吧” |
[31:58] | and then I shot him. | 然后我冲他开了枪 |
[31:59] | Three times, just like Vogelman. | 三枪,就像Vogelman捅我那样 |
[32:00] | Three times. | 三次 |
[32:05] | I was afraid he’d kill me, | 我怕他杀了我 |
[32:08] | O’Malley. | |
[32:09] | Vogelman did try to kill me. | Vogelman也想杀我 |
[32:11] | He stabbed me. | 他捅了我 |
[32:13] | O’Malley stabbed, too. | O’Malley也是用刀捅的 |
[32:14] | That’s how he killed his victims. | 他就是那样杀人的 |
[32:16] | I wasn’t gonna let him eat me. | 我不想让他吃了我 |
[32:26] | I have nothing further. | 我没有问题要问了 |
[32:44] | After he said, | 他说了“我要带你去天堂”后 |
[32:46] | “I’m going to take you to heaven,” | 他说了“我要带你去天堂”后 |
[32:49] | you said, “You go on ahead without me”? | 你说,“你自己先去把”? |
[32:54] | Yes. | 对 |
[32:56] | And then you shot him. | 然后你就开枪了 |
[33:00] | Yes. | 对 |
[33:02] | Three times? | 三枪? |
[33:06] | Yes. | 对 |
[33:09] | WALSH: Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[33:11] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 |
[33:26] | BERLUTI: I don’t think, actually, | 其实我觉得她的作证没有什么不好 |
[33:28] | she hurt herself. | 其实我觉得她的作证没有什么不好 |
[33:30] | She seems on the verge– | 她好像崩溃了。。。 |
[33:31] | She is. | 她是的 |
[33:33] | FRUTT: You want me to try for a plea? | 你想要我去试试达成控辩交易吗? |
[33:35] | They’re not offering, but I think– | 他们没有提出条件,但我想。。。 |
[33:36] | DONNELL: Jimmy thinks we didn’t get hurt. | Jimmy认为我们没有受到不利的影响 |
[33:39] | FRUTT: “You go on ahead without me”? | “你自己先去吧”? |
[33:41] | Walsh is going to be ringing that | Walsh会把这句拿出来大书特书的 |
[33:43] | like the Liberty Bell. | Walsh会把这句拿出来大书特书的 |
[33:45] | BERLUTI: She looked nuts, | 她看起来疯了 |
[33:47] | which is okay for the jury to see. | 陪审团看到这一点对我们是有利的 |
[33:55] | You ready to close? | 你准备好结案陈词了吗? |
[33:56] | Am I ready? | 我准备好了吗? |
[33:58] | I stayed up all night getting ready. | 我整晚都在准备 |
[34:02] | The answer is, | 结果是 |
[34:06] | I have no idea if I’m ready. | 我不知道我准备好了没有 |
[34:08] | DONNELL: You need to come through here, Ellenor. | 你要竭尽全力搞定这个,Ellenor |
[34:12] | You need to close big. | 你得做出很成功的结案陈词 |
[34:20] | It’s different than it used to be. | 这和以往不同 |
[34:23] | Defense attorneys, prosecutors, | 辩护律师,检察官 |
[34:26] | we used to be the advocates | 我们作为律师, |
[34:28] | that stayed out of the fray. | 在以往是置身于激烈的冲突之外的 |
[34:30] | And though we interacted | 虽然我们每天都要和杀人犯相互沟通 |
[34:31] | with murderers every day, | 虽然我们每天都要和杀人犯相互沟通 |
[34:33] | we were off-limits. | 但我们是不能被侵犯的 |
[34:37] | Now, | 而今 |
[34:39] | it’s different. | 情况不同了 |
[34:41] | Death threats are made | 有对地区检察官发出的死亡威胁 |
[34:42] | against district attorneys. | 有对地区检察官发出的死亡威胁 |
[34:44] | Defendants attack | 被告会攻击他们自己的律师 |
[34:45] | their own lawyers. | 被告会攻击他们自己的律师 |
[34:47] | Lindsay Dole’s life was threatened | Lindsay Dole三度受到来自她的当事人的生命威胁 |
[34:50] | three times by clients. | Lindsay Dole三度受到来自她的当事人的生命威胁 |
[34:53] | Stalked, | 跟踪 |
[34:55] | stabbed, | 刺伤 |
[34:56] | terrorized. | 恫吓 |
[34:57] | She is a victim of abuse, | 她是这些暴虐的受害者 |
[35:00] | and you saw firsthand | 在她作证时 |
[35:02] | the mental effects during her testimony. | 你们也最直观地看到了她精神状态 |
[35:05] | Mr. Walsh began this trial | Walsh在开庭陈述中 |
[35:08] | with the presumption | 假定他绝对不会开枪 |
[35:10] | he never would’ve fired the gun, | 假定他绝对不会开枪 |
[35:12] | and neither would any of you. | 而且你们中的任何人也不会开枪 |
[35:14] | First off, really? | 首先,真的是这样吗? |
[35:17] | A serial killer, | 一个连环杀手 |
[35:19] | who strikes so fast and unexpectedly, | 他下手快速且难以预料 |
[35:22] | that has to be handcuffed | 致使他在法庭上都要被戴上面罩手铐 |
[35:24] | and muzzled at his own trial, | 致使他在法庭上都要被戴上面罩手铐 |
[35:27] | shows up at your house | 他跑到你家里威胁要杀了你 |
[35:28] | threatening to kill you. | 他跑到你家里威胁要杀了你 |
[35:29] | Are we really sure | 我们真的确定我们没人会开枪吗? |
[35:31] | none of us would’ve fired? | 我们真的确定我们没人会开枪吗? |
[35:34] | Secondly, | 其次 |
[35:35] | neither Mr. Walsh’s state of mind | 此案中,Walsh先生和你们的精神状态都不是个问题 |
[35:37] | nor yours is an issue here. | 此案中,Walsh先生和你们的精神状态都不是个问题 |
[35:41] | It’s Lindsay Dole’s. | 问题是Lindsay Dole的精神状态 |
[35:44] | As a sufferer of battered woman syndrome, | 作为受虐妇女综合症患者 |
[35:48] | as a victim of past threats from clients, | 作为受到其当事人威胁过的受害人 |
[35:51] | attempts on her life, being stabbed, | 性命之虞,遭遇行刺 |
[35:55] | her mental state | 她的精神状态 |
[35:57] | was in a much more fragile place. | 处于非常脆弱的境地 |
[35:59] | She was ready to snap even before… | 她甚至在他到她家摁门铃前。。。 |
[36:03] | he rang that doorbell. | 就已经快崩溃了 |
[36:06] | Since this whole thing turns | 因为这一切都变了Lindsay的精神状态 |
[36:09] | on Lindsay’s state of mind, | 因为这一切都变了Lindsay的精神状态 |
[36:12] | we put her on the stand | 我们让她出庭作证 |
[36:15] | in hopes that you would get to know her a little. | 希望你们能对她有所了解 |
[36:18] | Because to know her | 因为了解了她 |
[36:20] | is to be convinced | 就会相信她是无辜的 |
[36:22] | of her innocence. | 就会相信她是无辜的 |
[36:24] | But you didn’t get to see… | 但是你们不必去理解。。。 |
[36:26] | Lindsay today. | 现在的Lindsay |
[36:30] | You got to see a battered woman | 你们要去理解一个受虐的女人 |
[36:32] | squeezing her hands, | 她紧张得握紧自己的双手 |
[36:34] | still in trauma, | 还处于创伤之中 |
[36:35] | determined… | 但她决意。。。 |
[36:37] | not to be the victim | 不去成为受害者 |
[36:39] | she very much is. | 她就是这样的 |
[36:42] | When you go back into that room, | 当你们回到合议室 |
[36:44] | it is okay to ask yourself, | 不妨自问一下 |
[36:47] | “What is the moral thing to do here?” | “在此,做什么是合乎道德的?” |
[36:53] | It isn’t… | 那不是。。。 |
[36:55] | putting Lindsay Dole in jail. | 把Lindsay Dole送进监狱 |
[36:59] | Please return a finding of “not guilty.” | 请带回来“无罪”的裁决吧 |
[37:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[37:19] | I still get moved | 听到律师们充满激情地谈论他们的当事人 |
[37:21] | to hear lawyers | 听到律师们充满激情地谈论他们的当事人 |
[37:23] | speak passionately about their clients. | 我还是会很感动的 |
[37:26] | Somebody asked me once, | 有人曾问过我 |
[37:28] | “Don’t you wish prosecutors | “你难道不希望检察官也有必须为之奋战的当事人吗?” |
[37:31] | got to have clients, | “你难道不希望检察官也有必须为之奋战的当事人吗?” |
[37:33] | somebody to fight for?” | “你难道不希望检察官也有必须为之奋战的当事人吗?” |
[37:35] | Well, we do. | 我们是有的 |
[37:37] | You people are my clients. | 你们就是我的当事人 |
[37:40] | The general public, | 公共大众 |
[37:43] | that’s who I get to fight for. | 他们就是我为之奋战的人 |
[37:46] | And as much compassion as I feel for Lindsay Dole | 我对Lindsay Dole的同情 |
[37:49] | and I do feel it, | 确实不亚于你们 |
[37:51] | this was an act | 但这是一种处以私刑和致命复仇的行为 |
[37:53] | of vigilantism. | 但这是一种处以私刑和致命复仇的行为 |
[37:56] | Vengeance. | 但这是一种处以私刑和致命复仇的行为 |
[37:57] | She threatened earlier in the day | 她在那天早些时候威胁要杀了他 |
[38:00] | to kill him. | 她在那天早些时候威胁要杀了他 |
[38:02] | She got herself a gun, | 她自己预备了一把枪 |
[38:04] | and she did kill him. | 而且她确实杀了他 |
[38:07] | He was not moving toward her. | 他并没有去靠近她 |
[38:09] | There is no evidence that he yelled, | 也没有证据显示他大声吼叫 |
[38:12] | made any aggressive gesture | 摆出攻击性的架势 |
[38:14] | or movement toward her. | 或者冲着她过去 |
[38:16] | He said he would take her to heaven, | 他说他会带她去天堂 |
[38:18] | and she shot him three times. | 而她就朝他开了三枪 |
[38:21] | The phone calls, | 那通报警电话 |
[38:23] | her voice was calm, composed. | 她的语调平静沉稳 |
[38:26] | Bobby Donnell’s phone call | Bobby Donnell的那通电话 |
[38:28] | clearly demonstrated he knew | 清楚地表明他知道他的妻子难辞其咎 |
[38:30] | his wife was culpable. | 清楚地表明他知道他的妻子难辞其咎 |
[38:32] | He refused to identify her as the shooter. | 他拒绝说明她就是凶手 |
[38:34] | Why would he do that | 如果他认为开枪是正当的话 |
[38:36] | if he thought the shooting was justified? | 他为什么那样做? |
[38:39] | Why the immediate assembly of lawyers? | 为什么要立即召集律师开会? |
[38:41] | The refusal to speak to police? | 为什么要拒绝向警方说明情况? |
[38:43] | This is consistent | 这些都和有罪者的行为表现相一致 |
[38:46] | with the behavior | 这些都和有罪者的行为表现相一致 |
[38:47] | of guilty people. | 这些都和有罪者的行为表现相一致 |
[38:50] | Are these people above the law? | 这些人可以凌驾于法律之上吗? |
[38:53] | If you decide they are, | 如果你们认定是 |
[38:56] | the general public isn’t served. | 那公共大众的利益就得不到满足 |
[39:00] | If we’re to say | 如果我们说 |
[39:01] | cold-blooded homicides are okay, | 只要符合受过虐待的模式, |
[39:04] | so long as there has been a pattern of past abuse, | 冷血杀人就可以容忍 |
[39:08] | the general public isn’t served. | 那公共大众的利益也就得不到满足 |
[39:12] | He was unarmed. | 他手无寸铁 |
[39:14] | He was standing | 他站着没动 |
[39:17] | 15 feet away. | 有15英尺之远 |
[39:19] | Standing still. | 一直站着 |
[39:21] | And she said to him, | 而她却对他说 |
[39:22] | “You go on ahead without me,” | “你自己先去天堂吧” |
[39:24] | and shot him three times. | 然后就打了他三枪 |
[39:28] | Now, as much as the defense | 现在,辩方要求你们 |
[39:29] | would like you to focus on | 尽量把注意力集中到Lindsay Dole是什么样的人上 |
[39:30] | who and what Lindsay Dole is, | 尽量把注意力集中到Lindsay Dole是什么样的人上 |
[39:32] | this trial isn’t about that. | 但这次审理与此无关 |
[39:34] | It’s about what she did. | 而是关于她的所作所为 |
[39:38] | And what she did… | 而她的所作所为。。。 |
[39:40] | was murder. | 就是谋杀 |
[39:45] | WALSH: If you condone that, | 如果你们对此宽恕 |
[39:48] | or even excuse it, | 甚至为其辩解 |
[39:51] | the general public | 公共大众的利益 |
[39:53] | isn’t served. | 就无法满足 |
[39:56] | The law… | 法律。。。 |
[39:57] | isn’t served. | 无法得到履行 |
[40:01] | And I’m sorry, Ms. Frutt, | 对不起,Frutt女士 |
[40:05] | but neither is morality. | 道德也是如此 |
[40:36] | Can I say one thing? | 我能说件事吗? |
[40:39] | I just– | 我。。。 |
[40:45] | I’m sorry I got upset at you yesterday, Ellenor. | 对不起,我昨天生你的气了,Ellenor |
[40:48] | I think you tried an amazing case. | 我想你这个案子办得很棒。 |
[40:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:00] | I’m grateful to all of you. | 我感谢你们所有人 |
[41:05] | And I’m also… | 我也。。。 |
[41:08] | so sorry that I… | 我很愧疚。。。 |
[41:11] | put the firm– | 让这个事务所。。。 |
[41:18] | I’m grateful | 我很感激 |
[41:20] | and I’m sorry. | 我也很愧疚 |
[41:24] | That’s what I want to say. | 这就是我要说的 |
[42:11] | WARREN: Will the defendant please rise? | 请被告起立 |
[42:17] | Madam Foreperson, | 陪审团主席女士 |
[42:19] | the jury has reached a unanimous verdict? | 你们达成一致裁决了吗? |
[42:23] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的,法官大人 |
[42:25] | What say you? | 请宣布吧 |
[42:27] | “Commonwealth vs. Lindsay Dole” | 马萨诸塞州诉Lindsay Dole |
[42:30] | on the count of murder | 一级谋杀罪 |
[42:32] | in the first degree, | 一级谋杀罪 |
[42:34] | “we find the defendant, | 我们裁决被告Lindsay Dole |
[42:36] | Lindsay Dole, | 我们裁决被告Lindsay Dole |
[42:39] | guilty.” | 罪名成立 |
[42:50] | WARREN: Bailiff, | 法警 |
[42:51] | take the defendant into custody. | 将被告收押 |
[42:55] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团先生们女士们 |
[42:56] | thank you for your service. | 谢谢你们尽到了义务 |
[42:58] | You’re now dismissed. | 陪审团解散 |
[43:00] | This matter is adjourned. | 本案休庭 |