| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:00] | Previously on The Practice | 《律师本色》前集提要 | 
| [00:01] | Assuming you do hear God’s thoughts, | 就算你真的聆听到上帝的想法 | 
| [00:04] | persuading a jury of that reality | 要让陪审团相信这样的事实 | 
| [00:06] | will be difficult for me. | 对我来说难了点 | 
| [00:08] | I had the highest winning percentage of any litigator in my firm | 我打赢的官司比所里任何一位诉讼律师都要多 | 
| [00:11] | They had no right to fire me. | 他们无权解雇我 | 
| [00:13] | You can’t be willing to take this to trial. | 你不能就这样诉诸法庭 | 
| [00:15] | Oh, but we can. | 哦 我们可以 | 
| [00:16] | She was terminated for a disability. That’s against the law. | 她因缺陷而被解雇 这不合法 | 
| [00:19] | she will be publicly revealed as a loon. | 她会被公众当作疯子一样暴光 | 
| [00:22] | Which you are, Sheila! | 你的确是疯子 Sheila | 
| [00:23] | Listen, I need to meet with your doctors tomorrow. | 听着 明天我想和你的医生见一面 | 
| [00:26] | I have no doctors. | 我没有医生 | 
| [00:27] | You’re not being treated by anybody? | 没有人给你治疗? | 
| [00:28] | Why should I be? | 我为什么要有? | 
| [00:30] | Because God speaks to me? | 就因为上帝和我说话? | 
| [00:32] | We will need a doctor to testify that you have a mental illness, | 我们需要一位医生来证明你有精神上的问题 | 
| [00:36] | because you do. | 因为你的确有 | 
| [00:37] | Please don’t abandon me, Alan. | 请别抛弃我 Alan | 
| [00:39] | I won’t. | 我不会的 | 
| [00:41] | Being alone is not good for me | 孤单一人对我来说可不好 | 
| [00:42] | Let’s not settle. | 我们不调解 | 
| [00:44] | Nobody’s gonna hire you. | 没有人会雇用你 | 
| [00:46] | Except maybe me. | 当然除了我 | 
| [00:47] | Do you even have the authority to hire people? | 你有权自己拍板雇人? | 
| [00:50] | No. I’ll figure it out. | 没有 不过我会解决的 | 
| [00:54] | To the world and to the potential jury pool, | 在大众和那些潜在陪审员看来 | 
| [00:55] | you are the man who murdered his pregnant wife and unborn son. | 你就是那个谋杀了自己怀孕的妻子和未出世孩子的人 | 
| [01:00] | I need you to start demonstrating the zeal | 我需要你拿出自己的热情 | 
| [01:01] | that comes with defending an innocent man. | 来保护一个无辜的人 | 
| [01:05] | Daddy! | 爸爸 | 
| [01:06] | Hey,baby! | 嘿 宝贝 | 
| [01:07] | Do you think your mom killed herself? | 你认为你妈妈是自杀的么? | 
| [01:10] | I know my dad didn’t kill her. | 我知道我爸爸没有杀她 | 
| [01:12] | He loved her. | 他很爱她 | 
| [01:13] | so I think she must have committed suicide. | 所以我觉得她一定是自杀的 | 
| [01:15] | You stated to the police that you didn’t learn of your wife’s affair until after her death. | 你对警方说过而且今天再次作证说 在你妻子死前 你不知道她的外遇 | 
| [01:20] | And the night before, you were heard screaming, Do you love him? | 而在前一天晚上 你在大叫“你爱他吗?” | 
| [01:25] | As I said before, I don’t remember saying that. | 我刚才说了 我不记得说过这个 | 
| [01:29] | I would like to explore murder two. | 我会去争取二级谋杀的判决 | 
| [01:31] | That is a life sentence, Ellenor! | 那可是终身监禁 Ellenor | 
| [01:33] | I I don’t know what to tell you. We are dead. | 我 我不知道该怎么对你说 我们死定了 | 
| [01:35] | Daddy, let me tell! | 爸爸 让我来说 | 
| [01:36] | Emma, please. Be quiet. | Emma 请别说话 | 
| [01:38] | -Daddy, you said you . . . -Emma . . . | – 爸爸 你说你…… | 
| [01:40] | Did your niece indicate to you that she poisoned your sister? | 你侄女向你暗示过要毒死你姐姐吗? | 
| [01:45] | It appears Mr. Stanfield did not commit the crime. | 不是Stanfield先生干的 | 
| [01:49] | the District Attorney feels he is duty-bound to withdraw the complaint. | 地区检察官觉得有责任撤销起诉 | 
| [01:52] | The charges against Bradley Stanfield are, | 因此对Bradley Stanfield的指控 | 
| [01:54] | therefore, dismissed. | 予以撤销 | 
| [01:56] | I killed Molly. | 是我杀了Molly | 
| [01:57] | As the case went south, Emma and I devised a back-up plan | 案子已经到了这个地步 Emma和我设计了一个预备计划 | 
| [02:00] | It involved manipulating you | 包括给你假象 | 
| [02:01] | getting you to think that she did it, | 让你相信是她做的 | 
| [02:04] | Now, we need to help her. | 现在 我们要帮她了 | 
| [02:06] | You killed your wife? | 你杀了你妻子? | 
| [02:08] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [02:09] | And I’m not proud of using my daughter to secure my freedom. | 而我不会因利用女儿换自由而感到自豪 | 
| [02:13] | the mission now is to fix things, and get her out. | 现在要做的就是解决问题 把她弄出来 | 
| [02:16] | So, we all need to get on-board. | 所以我们又要上庭了 | 
| [02:21] | There’s nothing you can do. | 你已经无能为力了 | 
| [02:22] | I can’t accept that, Eugene. | 这个我接受不了 Eugene | 
| [02:23] | Well, you have to. | 你当然可以 | 
| [02:24] | -I am sorry, there are . . . -She’s ten years old! | – 对不起 有太多的 – 她才十岁! | 
| [02:26] | Listen to me! Both of you! | 你给我听着 还有你 | 
| [02:27] | We represent him, not her. | 我们是代理他 而不是他女儿 | 
| [02:29] | She arguably thought I was her attorney when she confessed.. | 她作证时很有把握的认为我是她的律师 | 
| [02:32] | Falsely confessed | 作假证的时候 | 
| [02:34] | Ellenor, all you can do is ask the client to cure his perjury. | Ellenor 你要做的就是让 委托人纠正他的不实证词 | 
| [02:37] | -If he refuses . . . -Sheila works here? | – 如果他拒绝…… – Sheila在这里工作? | 
| [02:39] | What? | 什么? | 
| [02:41] | That cuckoo bird? | 那个疯子? | 
| [02:42] | The woman who talks to God. She works here? | 那个跟上帝说话的女人 她在这里工作? | 
| [02:45] | No. She doesn’t work here. | 不 她当然不在这里工作 | 
| [02:47] | Well, she thinks she does. | 她认为她在这里工作 | 
| [02:48] | She says Alan Shore hired her. | 她说Alan Shore雇了她 | 
| [02:51] | She’s out there organizing her desk. | 她在外面整理她的办公桌 | 
| [02:54] | Excuse me. | 失陪 | 
| [03:06] | Did you hire her? | 是你雇了她? | 
| [03:07] | I don’t have the authority to hire her, Eugene. | 我无权雇她 Eugene | 
| [03:09] | She’s here. Look at her. | 她就在这儿 你看看她 | 
| [03:11] | Yes. I said, Come practice law with us on a temporary basis, and . . . | 是的 我说“暂时来和我们一起工作吧”然后…… | 
| [03:15] | You were temporary. | 你只是临时的 | 
| [03:16] | She’s totally nuts. | 她完全是个疯子 | 
| [03:18] | Thank you, Jimmy. | 多谢提醒 Jimmy | 
| [03:19] | I never figured you for the type who liked to weigh in. | 我从没想到你也会掺和进来 (weigh有讽刺他胖的意思) | 
| [03:21] | -What’s that supposed to mean? -Undo this. | – 这算是什么意思? – 你不能这样做 | 
| [03:23] | He just called me fat. | 他刚才说我肥 -_-! | 
| [03:25] | First of all, I would never say that. | 首先声明 我从不会这么说 | 
| [03:27] | Second, you are fat. And third, you should . . . | 其次 你的确很肥 再次 你确实应该…… | 
| [03:30] | We are not hiring. And if we were hiring, we would not be hiring her. | 我们没雇任何人 要雇也不会雇她 | 
| [03:35] | Eugene, | |
| [03:37] | I’ve got to keep this woman close to me | 我不能让这位女士离开我的视线 | 
| [03:39] | until I can persuade her to get back on her medication. | 直到我可以说服她继续服药为止 | 
| [03:42] | The best means for that is to employ her. | 权宜之计就是把她雇了 | 
| [03:45] | Trust me. | 相信我 | 
| [03:46] | When she functions as a lawyer, her insanity is displaced by legal acuity. | 她作为律师工作时 她的精神失常会被她对法律的敏锐所取代 | 
| [03:51] | As I said, it’s only temporary, | 就像我说的 这只是暂时的 | 
| [03:54] | and I will watch her. Please. | 我也会看好她的 拜托 | 
| [04:34] | The Practice S803 | |
| [04:38] | So she works here? | 那她就在这里工作了? | 
| [04:39] | Temporarily. She, like Mr. Shore, will work here on a trial basis. | 只是暂时的 她和Shore先生一样 都是暂时在这里工作 | 
| [04:42] | She will not draw a salary, | 她不会有薪水 | 
| [04:44] | and most importantly, we are not to give her clients. Ever. | 最重要的是 她不会有任何的委托人 永远不会 | 
| [04:50] | Then why is she here? | 那她还在这里干嘛? | 
| [04:51] | I’m sorry. Do paralegals speak at staff meetings? | 打断一下 律师助理也能在会议上发言吗? | 
| [04:54] | That’s not acriticism, Tara; I’m just trying to get a sense of policy. | 我不是在针对你 Tara 只是想搞清楚这里的规矩而已 | 
| [04:57] | You know what . . . | 你知道吗…… | 
| [04:58] | Keep it personal now. | 那就是私人恩怨了 | 
| [05:01] | Hello, all. | 大家好啊 | 
| [05:03] | Sorry I’m late. Eugene, I was wondering if we could start at 9:15. | 对不起我迟到了 Eugene 我一直在想能不能9:15开始 | 
| [05:07] | I have my Feldenkrais appointments at 8, and they’re murder to reschedule. | 我和Feldenkrais在8点有个会面 他们的谋杀案重新安排时间了 | 
| [05:11] | Did I miss the breathing? | 我错过了呼吸时间吗? | 
| [05:13] | They don’t breathe here, Sheila. | 他们这里不时兴这个 Sheila | 
| [05:14] | What? | 什么? | 
| [05:16] | Miss Carlisle, we’re running late . . . | Carlisle小姐 我们已经晚了 | 
| [05:17] | Every day should begin with ten deep breaths. | 我们每天都应该深呼吸十次 | 
| [05:20] | It oxygenates the brain, which gives you clarity and optimism, | 大脑吸入氧气 让你思维清晰情绪乐观 | 
| [05:24] | which is the greatest source of energy. | 这就是能量的源泉 | 
| [05:26] | Let’s hold hands. | 手拉手 | 
| [05:30] | Let’s go. | 一起来 | 
| [05:33] | Everybody. | 每个人 | 
| [05:35] | Here we go. | 开始了 | 
| [05:36] | Let’s suck in life’s juice deep into the diaphragm. | 让我们吸吮生命的果汁 深入肺腑 | 
| [05:40] | In. | 吸…… | 
| [05:42] | Jamie, let’s go. | Jamie 我们走 | 
| [05:45] | In. | 吸…… | 
| [05:51] | Let’s go see Brad Stanfield; take our best shot. | 去会会Brad Stanfield 尽我们的努力吧 | 
| [05:53] | Yeah, like that’ll work. | 好吧 看看有没用 | 
| [05:55] | Uh, may I help you? | 呃 有什么可以帮助你吗? | 
| [05:56] | Yes. I’m Roland Huff, and I’d like to meet with an attorney. | 是的 我叫Roland Huff 我想找个律师谈谈 | 
| [06:00] | Do you have an appointment? | 你有预约么? | 
| [06:01] | It’s temporary, Jimmy. | 只是暂时的 Jimmy | 
| [06:02] | -It doesn’t matter. She’s a loon. -No, I’m afraid not. | – 与这无关 她是个疯子 – 没 我没预约 | 
| [06:04] | Okay, Roland, if you wouldn’t mind taking a seat, | 好吧Roland 不介意的话就先坐会 | 
| [06:06] | I’ll be with you in a moment. | 我马上会来帮你 | 
| [06:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [06:10] | You’re smart enough to know, whatever your reality is, Sheila, it’s folly . . . | 你那么聪明就应该知道 不管你怎么想 Shelia | 
| [06:14] | To impose it on others. | 强加于人是不对的 | 
| [06:15] | Got it. Give me a criminal. | 了解 给我一个罪犯 | 
| [06:17] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么? | 
| [06:18] | I’m not asking for a murderer just give me somebody clever. Give me an embezzler. | 我不是说要谋杀犯 只要聪明一点就行 给我一个贪污犯 | 
| [06:22] | I’m an embezzler. We’ll get lunch. | 我就是个贪污犯 我们会共进午餐 | 
| [06:25] | Sheila, it’s important at the beginning that you keep a low profile here. | Sheila 在一开始保持低调很重要 | 
| [06:29] | These people are very reticent. | 这里人都很沉默寡言 | 
| [06:32] | Just give me a case to work on. | 让我接个案子就行 | 
| [06:36] | I don’t like to be alone with my thoughts. | 我不喜欢独自一人坐在那里发呆 | 
| [06:48] | Confess? | 认罪? | 
| [06:49] | Well, wasn’t that your plan anyway? | 呃 反正也是你计划好了的对吧? | 
| [06:52] | You can’t be re-tried; you’re free. | 你不会被重新审判的 你已经自由了 | 
| [06:55] | Why not save Emma? | 何不救救Emma? | 
| [06:57] | Well, I could be prosecuted for perjury, Ellenor. | 我会因作假证而被起诉的 Ellenor | 
| [07:00] | I did testify that I didn’t do it, remember? | 我曾作证说不是我干的 记得吗? | 
| [07:03] | If I was to come forward now and say that I was the killer . . . | 如果我现在站起来说 我才是杀人犯…… | 
| [07:07] | Certainly, you’re not going to allow your daughter to stay locked up. | 很显然 你也不想让你的女儿进监狱 | 
| [07:11] | My thinking was: Let’s see how Emma’s trial goes. | 我的想法是 看看Emma的审判进行得怎么样 | 
| [07:15] | She probably has a legitimate temporary insanity defense. | 也许暂时性精神失常是一个很好的辩护理由 | 
| [07:18] | Ten years old? | 才10岁 | 
| [07:19] | She figures to be very sympathetic. | 她会博得很多同情的 | 
| [07:22] | You’re going to let her stand trial? | 你让她站在法庭上接受审判? | 
| [07:24] | I’ll testify on her behalf. | 我会为她作证的 | 
| [07:26] | I’ll talk about how troubled she was. | 我会说这件事情是如何的困扰她 | 
| [07:28] | Brad, I don’t think that’s going to work. | Brad 我不认为这行得通 | 
| [07:31] | I got myself off. | 我让自己脱身了 | 
| [07:33] | Now I’ll get Emma off. | 现在我要让Emma也脱身 | 
| [07:36] | You keep forgetting how persuasive I can be. | 你好像一直都忽略了我多么地有说服力 | 
| [07:43] | In my bed. The two of them. I since learned, it’s been going on for six years. | 他俩就在我的床上乱搞 到我知道的时候 已经持续六年了 | 
| [07:50] | How long have you been married? | 你们结婚多长时间了? | 
| [07:51] | Seven. | 七年 -_-! | 
| [07:53] | Roland, Massachusetts is a no-fault state, | Roland 马萨诸塞州是“无过错”的州 (要求离婚的一方配偶无需证明配偶存有过错 说明夫妻双方无法继续共同生活便可离婚) | 
| [07:57] | which basically means that your wife’s infidelity is a non-issue. | 基本上就是说你妻子忠不忠无关紧要 | 
| [08:01] | That’s what I’ve been told, but this was . . . | 我也是被这么告知的 但这简直…… | 
| [08:06] | she didn’t just cheat on me, Miss Wilson; | 她不只是欺骗了我 Wilson小姐 | 
| [08:08] | she she did so with my best friend! | 她 她是和我最好的朋友在一起乱搞 | 
| [08:11] | He was . . . he was best man at our wedding. | 他是我们婚礼的伴郎 | 
| [08:15] | It just seems so wrong. | 太离谱了 | 
| [08:18] | I have two young kids. | 我都有两个小孩了 | 
| [08:21] | For me to come home and find out my wife . . . my children’s mother? | 当我回到家 发现我的妻子 孩子的母亲 | 
| [08:27] | . . . To learn it’s been going on for six years? | 这样的关系已经有六年了? | 
| [08:31] | Roland, it is horrible what your wife has done, | 虽然你妻子的所作所为很过分 | 
| [08:33] | but unfortunately, in a no-fault state, you have no remedy at law for which . . . | 但在这个“无过错”州 没有赔偿的法律规定 | 
| [08:37] | I’ll represent you, Roland. | 你的案子我接了 Roland | 
| [08:38] | Sheila! | |
| [08:40] | And I don’t think we should just file claim against her, | 而且我认为我们不应只告你老婆 | 
| [08:42] | I think we should prosecute that best man, as well. | 我认为最好把那个伴郎也告了 | 
| [08:44] | Sheila! | |
| [08:45] | I want you to continue giving the facts to . . . Tara, | 我要你再讲些事实情况给–Tara | 
| [08:49] | and after that, we’ll file a claim in Superior Court. | 在那之后 我们会向高院提出赔偿诉讼 | 
| [08:52] | We can expect a motion to dismiss; | 我们还有望提起判处婚姻无效的动议 | 
| [08:54] | but surviving that, discovery should be short, and we’ll be in court in three months. | 但想要实现的话 我们应该尽快行动 争取在三个月内开庭 | 
| [09:00] | And we can win? | 我们能赢么? | 
| [09:02] | Roland, look at me. | Roland 看着我 | 
| [09:06] | There’s a reason you happened to walk into this law office after all those other lawyers turned you down. | 你在其他律所拒绝你后来到这里是有理由的 | 
| [09:11] | I win my cases. | 我的案子从未输过 | 
| [09:12] | Not some of them, not most of them every single one of them. | 不是一些 也不是大多数 而是所有的 | 
| [09:17] | And I shall win this case. | 所以这个案子我也不会输 | 
| [09:26] | I realize that I’m only a third-year law student, but . . . | 我清楚我只是个法学三年级学生 但…… | 
| [09:30] | even I know that public policy won’t let you litigate domestic disputes. | 连我都知道此类家庭纠纷的公众政策不会插手 | 
| [09:35] | You need to appreciate on a deeper level that you are only a third-year law student. | 作为一个法学三年级学生 你应该向往更深的层次 | 
| [09:39] | You see, every law can be bent, folded or manipulated, so long as it conforms to fairness. | 要知道 当涉及到公平 每一部法律都可以被修改 被废除或是被操纵 | 
| [09:47] | So, instead of taking issue, perhaps you would like to seize the opportunity to learn. | 所以与其接手这个案子 也许你该抓住这个机会好好学学 | 
| [09:54] | You see, Tara, I will win. | 看着吧 Tara 我赢定了 | 
| [09:57] | Aren’t you just fascinated to see how? | 难道你不想知道我怎么赢? | 
| [10:05] | All you need is one more drink, and we’re havin’ a pool party. | 你要再喝一杯 我们就能开泳池派对了 | 
| [10:08] | I’m not that drunk. | 我还没醉到那地步 | 
| [10:10] | We can fix that right up. | 我们马上可以让你醉 | 
| [10:13] | Although I did see you sort of stumble out of the cab. | 虽然我的确见过你醉醺醺下车的样子 | 
| [10:15] | Not that I don’t welcome you to stumble on over whenever you feel the urge. | 但我还是欢迎你在苦恼时醉醺醺地来我这里 | 
| [10:23] | Ellenor . . . | |
| [10:26] | What are you doin’ here? | 怎么想起来我这里? | 
| [10:28] | You know, I have freed murderers, rapists, | 你知道么 当我让这些谋杀犯、强奸犯获得自由后 | 
| [10:35] | and I usually end up sleeping at night | 我夜里一般都会睡得很好 | 
| [10:37] | because I know my role in the system. | 因为我很清楚我在司法体系中扮演的角色 | 
| [10:42] | You know, I’m the defense attorney up against the police state and all. | 我是辩护律师 坦然面对整个国家检察机关 | 
| [10:48] | I sleep. | 我睡得着 | 
| [10:50] | I never have trouble sleeping. | 从没有睡眠问题 | 
| [10:53] | But? | 但是? | 
| [10:56] | How do I let a ten-year-old girl spend her life in juvenile hall, | 我怎么能让一个10岁的女孩呆在少管所耗费年华 | 
| [11:04] | when I know that makes me . . . | 那让我感觉有多么…… | 
| [11:12] | You know what I am, Alan? | 你知道我是怎样的人吗 Alan? | 
| [11:15] | Drunk. | 酒鬼 | 
| [11:16] | A monster. | 魔鬼 | 
| [11:19] | If I can let a a child . . . | 如果我让这么个孩子…… | 
| [11:22] | then I have to wear the badge, that I am a monster. | 那今后我必须得挂块牌子 说明我是个魔鬼 | 
| [11:26] | This is a beautiful, blossoming girl! | 多么漂亮活泼的小姑娘啊! | 
| [11:29] | She’s she’s a child. | 她 她还是个孩子啊 | 
| [11:33] | She’s the future of our country. | 她是这个国家的未来 | 
| [11:37] | Maybe we’re both going to need another drink. | 或许我们都需要再喝一杯 | 
| [11:40] | You know, I’m a terrible drinker, | 你知道吗?我从不善于喝酒 | 
| [11:41] | because I never drink. | 因为我从不喝酒 | 
| [11:43] | You’ll stay here tonight. | 今晚你住这里吧 | 
| [11:48] | Alan, I am not having sex with you. | Alan 我不会和你上床的 | 
| [11:51] | That’s hurt. | 太伤心了 | 
| [11:52] | Did you bring any friends? | 你有带别的朋友吗? | 
| [11:55] | Come on. It’s late. Let’s get you inside. | 进去吧 很晚了 我扶你进去 | 
| [11:59] | Ellenor Frutt: I just wanted your advice. | 我只是来听听你的意见 | 
| [12:01] | I’m not sure that I can keep my mouth shut. | 我可不能肯定会守口如瓶 | 
| [12:04] | I don’t want to be disbarred. Oh! | 我实在不想被吊销律师资格 噢! | 
| [12:16] | W we’re going to court now? | 我们现在就要上庭了? | 
| [12:17] | I filed for a temporary restraining order. | 我申请了临时禁制令 | 
| [12:19] | Injunctive relief gets you right in. | 禁令救济把你卷进去了 | 
| [12:22] | Now, I expect them to file their motion to dismiss. | 现在 我预计他们会提出驳回 | 
| [12:25] | I don’t mind waiving notice on that, as long as . . . | 我并不介意被驳回 只要…… | 
| [12:27] | Ah, are they going to be there? | 啊 他们会在那里吗? | 
| [12:29] | Who? | 谁? | 
| [12:30] | My wife, uh, and Richard. | 我妻子 呃 还有Richard | 
| [12:32] | They might. | 可能会 | 
| [12:33] | Will that be a problem? | 有问题么? | 
| [12:36] | It’s hard for me to see them. | 我不知道怎么面对他们 | 
| [12:37] | I . . . don’t know if I’m ready to see them. | 我不知道自己是不是已经准备好了 | 
| [12:40] | I’ll handle things. | 交给我来处理 | 
| [12:43] | You just stand there, and look as sad as you can. | 你就站在那里 尽量装出很受伤的样子 | 
| [12:50] | I said, no clients. | 我说过 不会有委托人 | 
| [12:51] | I couldn’t stop her. | 我挡不住她 | 
| [12:52] | You should’ve come and got me! | 你应该过来告诉我的 | 
| [12:53] | And you you said you’d be watching her! | 还有你 你说你会看住她的 | 
| [12:56] | She already filed a complaint. | 她已经准备好起诉了 | 
| [12:57] | Yes, and she thinks that she’s gonna win. She even . . . | 是的 她还认为她赢定了 她甚至…… | 
| [13:00] | Ho ho hold on a second. She said that? She thinks she’ll win? | 等 等 等一下 她那么说了?她认为她能赢? | 
| [13:03] | Yes. | 没错 | 
| [13:03] | What’s the problem? | 那还怕什么? | 
| [13:04] | If Sheila says she’s going to win, she wins. No exceptions. | 要是Sheila说能赢 那她准赢 出不了岔子 | 
| [13:07] | Did you hear the cause of action? | 你知道是什么案子吗? | 
| [13:08] | I don’t care what the cause is. | 我不介意是什么案子 | 
| [13:10] | If she promises victory, you’ve won. | 如果她保证胜诉 那就是赢 | 
| [13:19] | Tara, come with us. You need to learn. | Tara 跟我们来 你得跟着学学 | 
| [13:26] | Don’t talk to me. Ever. | 别跟我说话 别 | 
| [13:28] | If you have something to say, just put it in a note. | 要有话说 传纸条就行 | 
| [13:33] | Just a guess, but I’d say she got looped and fell in the pool. | 我只是瞎猜的 我想她喝醉了还掉进泳池里 | 
| [13:37] | I want you in court, backing Sheila, now. | 我要你去法庭 支援Sheila 马上! | 
| [13:41] | I’ve got an appointment. | 我还有个会面 | 
| [13:43] | Tara’ll be there. Eugene, she doesn’t need help. | Tara就在那里 Eugene 她不需要帮助 | 
| [13:46] | Not in that room. | 至少在法庭上不需要 | 
| [13:54] | This is a domestic dispute. | 这是桩家庭纠纷 | 
| [13:56] | We’re in a no-fault state. | 我们可是个“无过错”州 | 
| [13:58] | This is a rift between a husband and wife. | 这属于夫妻双方间感情破裂 | 
| [14:01] | Your Honor, he’s telling you things you already know. | 法官阁下 他说的这些都是您已经知道的 | 
| [14:02] | I’d ask that he respect the robe and value your time. | 我质疑他企图藐视法庭还浪费您的宝贵时间 | 
| [14:06] | You’re the one taking my time, Counsel, with this untenable claim. | 你才是在浪费我的时间 律师 这起诉讼缺乏依据 | 
| [14:10] | The restatement of torts recognizes a valid claim against one | 之所以重申这种侵权行为是因为有确凿的索赔依据 | 
| [14:13] | who by extreme and outrageous conduct intentionally or recklessly causes severe emotional distress to another. | 被告是以极端和粗暴的行为故意或不计后果地 造成了他人严重的精神伤害 | 
| [14:22] | There is no immunity for married people. | 已婚人士没有这种豁免权 | 
| [14:24] | No exception for domestic disputes. | 家庭纠纷也不例外 | 
| [14:28] | Your Honor, the court of law is a hallowed forum to litigate serious legal-judicial disputes. | 法官阁下 法庭是神圣的 是用来解决严重法律纠纷的场所 | 
| [14:33] | Oh, yes the Hallowed Forum Defense. | 噢 好啊 以“神圣法庭”来辩护 | 
| [14:36] | Oprah was sued for criticizing meat. | 奥普拉因批评牛肉而被起诉 | 
| [14:38] | McDonald’s was sued and lost for serving coffee that was too hot. | 麦当劳因咖啡太烫而被起诉结果丢了官司 | 
| [14:41] | The Hallowed Forum entertains any claim that is valid, | “神圣法庭”愿意接受任何有确凿证据的诉讼 | 
| [14:47] | as is the one that is before you today. | 就像今天这起诉讼 | 
| [14:51] | All right. | 好吧 | 
| [14:53] | The TRO nonsense is dismissed. | 驳回临时禁制令的申请 | 
| [14:57] | On the underlying claim, I want to hear from Mr. Huff. | 关于潜在索赔的事项 我想听听Huff的说法 | 
| [15:00] | Your Honor! | 法官阁下! | 
| [15:01] | You’re asking me to throw this out, Counsel. | 如果你想让我撤消这起诉讼 律师 | 
| [15:02] | I want to conduct a short evidentiary hearing before I do so. | 我想在经过一次短暂听证会后再作考虑 | 
| [15:06] | Two o’clock. | 两点开庭 | 
| [15:10] | Well, progress. | 看 初战告捷 | 
| [15:13] | Breathe life’s juice; | 呼吸生命的汁液 | 
| [15:15] | don’t let it go. | 别让它跑了 | 
| [15:24] | He didn’t tell me about you. | 他没和我提起过你 | 
| [15:26] | Well, maybe he didn’t even know I’d be coming. | 哦 大概他不知道我会来这里 | 
| [15:28] | Maybe he thought it would be Ellenor or Jamie who I work with. | 他大概以为是我的同事Ellenor或Jamie来这里 | 
| [15:33] | I know about the little plan, and may I say I admire you? | 我知道那个小计划 能告诉你我很佩服你吗? | 
| [15:38] | What a wonderful daughter you must be to protect your dad like this. | 多好的女儿啊 这么努力地保护自己的爸爸 | 
| [15:41] | You’re a true hero. | 你是个真正的英雄 | 
| [15:45] | But now, in preparation for your dad to protect you, | 但现在 为了准备好你爸爸来保护你 | 
| [15:49] | we have to get our statements exactly right to protect you both against perjury. | 我们得让我们的证词完全正确 以此来应对起诉你们两个人的伪证罪 | 
| [15:57] | So, here’s your dad’s statement, | 那么 这是你爸爸的证词 | 
| [16:03] | and I need you to look it over, and tell me how it’s going to compare to yours. | 我需要你仔细地阅读它 并告诉我和你的证词有哪些不同 | 
| [16:16] | Did you trick this girl? | 你骗了那个小女孩? | 
| [16:17] | I persuaded her to tell the truth. | 我只是说服她说出了真相 | 
| [16:22] | I might have used a little trickery. | 我可能是用了那么点小花样 | 
| [16:23] | And this is my statement. | 这里是我的证词 | 
| [16:25] | It’s hearsay, since Mr. Stanfield didn’t confess to me directly, | 只是传闻证据 因为Stanfield先生并没直接向我认罪 | 
| [16:29] | but I think you’ll find that . . . | 但我想你会发现…… | 
| [16:30] | Hold on just a second, would you, please? | 请等一下 可以么? | 
| [16:34] | This would be privileged. | 这证词受保密条款保护的 | 
| [16:37] | Y you’re a member of Miss Frutt’s firm? | 你 你是Frutt女士那个所里的吧? | 
| [16:40] | Anything she told you . . . | 任何她所告诉你的…… | 
| [16:41] | I haven’t even gotten to the good part. | 精彩片断我可没听到 | 
| [16:43] | Since Mr. Stanfield accomplished his mistrial through fraud, | Stanfield先生以欺骗手段获得了无效审判 | 
| [16:46] | double jeopardy does not attach. | 双重审判对他不起作用 | 
| [16:48] | You can try him all over again on double murder, and this time, you’ll have my testimony. | 你能尝试再次对他提起双重谋杀指控 但这一次 你有我的证词 | 
| [16:56] | Mr. Shore, I will give you the opportunity to take this all back because . . . | Shore先生 我给你个机会把这个收回去 万一…… | 
| [17:00] | It’s not going to happen. | 不会有什么万一 | 
| [17:02] | I have no choice but to report you to the bar. | 那我将不得不向律师协会举报你的所作所为 | 
| [17:04] | That’s fine. But you will use this. | 那无所谓 但你会用到这份证词的 | 
| [17:08] | You’ll probably lose your license. | 你很可能会被吊销律师执照 | 
| [17:12] | I’ve always wanted to farm apples. | 那就随了我长久以来想当果农的愿望 -_-! | 
| [17:15] | Cortlands, not Macintosh they make for a much tarter crisp. | Cortlands 不是Macintosh 它们非常清脆可口 (均为苹果品种 Cortland原产纽约州 比Macintosh甜一点红一点) | 
| [17:21] | There’s a little girl in a juvenile facility, Mr. Campbell. | 有个小女孩正被关在少管所 Campbell先生 | 
| [17:24] | Send for her, then send for Mr. Stanfield. | 找她出来 再找Stanfield先生来 | 
| [17:28] | Then you can have the bar send for me. | 然后你再让律师协会来找我 | 
| [17:44] | In a stunning development, we’ve now learned Brad Stanfield has been re-arrested for the murder of his wife and unborn son. | 案情有了惊人的发展 我们刚获悉 Brad Stanfield 被再次逮捕 | 
| [17:52] | Sources say Mr. Stanfield’s own lawyers provided information leading to the arrest. | 据消息称 Stanfield先生是因其代理律师 提供了重要线索而被逮捕的 | 
| [17:58] | I did nothing. I swear. | 我什么也没做 我发誓 | 
| [17:59] | The defendant is scheduled be arraigned at two-thirty. | 被告被安排在2∶30开始庭审 | 
| [18:02] | You may remember, earlier charges against Brad Stanfield were dismissed by the prosecution. | 你们可能还记得 先前控告Brad Stanfield 的起诉是被检控方撤销的 | 
| [18:06] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么也没说过 | 
| [18:07] | Hello! | 大家好! | 
| [18:11] | Did I miss something interesting? | 我错过什么精彩的了吗? | 
| [18:13] | Alan, did you talk to the D.A. about Stanfield? | Alan 你和地方检察官谈论过Stanfield吗? | 
| [18:17] | I might’ve mentioned he confessed. | 我可能和他提了下他招供了 | 
| [18:23] | Please come to my office. | 请到我办公室来一下 | 
| [18:44] | You don’t really know me, Mr. Shore. | 你不了解我的脾气 Shore先生 | 
| [18:48] | Eugene, I know you don’t want me here. | Eugene 我知道你不想让我呆在这里 | 
| [18:50] | And now I’ve given you a perfect reason to fire me. | 现在我给了你一个完美的理由解雇我 | 
| [18:53] | Ellenor would certainly understand. | Ellenor会理解的 | 
| [18:56] | I would appreciate the courtesy of my discharge being a reflective decision, however. | 但是 我希望你在深思熟虑后再做出决定 | 
| [19:03] | So, if you could at least wait until your anger subsides, I’d be grateful. | 如果你能等到自己怒火平息后再这样做 我会感激不尽的 | 
| [19:19] | He’s not looking well at all. | 他看上去状态很不好 | 
| [19:24] | What’s going on, Roland? | 怎么了 Roland? | 
| [19:26] | I wasn’t prepared for seeing them like that. | 我没准备好以这种方式去见他们 | 
| [19:28] | How it’d make me feel. | 那会让我感觉有点…… | 
| [19:30] | I don’t know if I can testify in some big public thing. I I don’t know. | 我不知道我能否在这公开审理的案件上作证 我 我不知道 | 
| [19:36] | Take my hand, Roland. | 握着我的手 Roland | 
| [19:38] | I I just don’t like the way I’m feeling now. | 我 我只是很不喜欢我现在的感觉 | 
| [19:41] | Why don’t you just speak directly to me. | 为什么你不直截了当地跟我说呢? | 
| [19:45] | Tell me your story. Pretend I’m the only one in the room. | 把你的故事告诉我 就当法庭里只有我一个 | 
| [19:48] | Seeing the two of them sitting together like that. | 看见他们两个那样坐在一起…… | 
| [19:53] | I’ll tell you what. | 听我的 | 
| [19:53] | You just look at me. Tell me your story. | 你只需要看着我 把你的故事告诉我 | 
| [20:03] | I think the worst part was, I thought everything was wonderful. | 我想最糟糕的就是我还以为一切都平平常常 | 
| [20:08] | Were you two having sexual relations? | 你们那时还有性关系吗? | 
| [20:11] | No. because she . . . | 没有 因为她…… | 
| [20:14] | Roland? Look at me, please. | Roland?请看着我 | 
| [20:18] | She said she couldn’t have sex because she had a fibroid condition, and I accepted it. | 她说她不能进行性生活因为她得了子宫肌瘤 而且我接受了 | 
| [20:23] | How did you learn of your wife’s affair with Mr. Ward? | 你是什么时候了解到你妻子和Ward先生有外遇? | 
| [20:26] | Came home from work early one day; | 那天我提前下班回家 | 
| [20:30] | tried to surprise her. | 想给她一个惊喜 | 
| [20:32] | I had a plan I was going to take her out to dinner. | 我计划好–带她出去共进晚餐 | 
| [20:35] | And when I got home, I saw Richard’s car parked out in front. | 当我回到家时 我看见Richard的车停在门前 | 
| [20:39] | I didn’t think anything of it. He comes over all the time. | 当时我并没多想 他经常来我们家 | 
| [20:43] | He’s my best friend. | 他是我最好的朋友 | 
| [20:45] | I figured he came over to borrow something. | 我以为他是过来借什么东西的 | 
| [20:48] | I went in and I heard music coming from upstairs. | 我走进屋里 听到楼上响着音乐 | 
| [20:53] | Actually, it was my very, very favorite song: Peppermint Twist. | 事实上那是我最喜欢的歌 | 
| [20:59] | And so, I headed up. | 所以我上到楼梯口 | 
| [21:02] | Other sounds got louder as I got closer and when I went in, I saw them | 听到一些别的声音越来越大 我走进房间 我看到他们…… | 
| [21:09] | Richard and my wife were having intercourse in my house, in my bed. | Richard和我妻子在做爱 在我家里 在我床上 | 
| [21:17] | And then what happened? | 然后发生什么了? | 
| [21:19] | Well, they looked at me, they stopped, | 然后 他们看了看我 停了一下 | 
| [21:25] | and they started up again. | 又继续做爱 | 
| [21:28] | Right there, with you in the room. | 就在你眼前 当着你的面? | 
| [21:32] | Yes. Yes. | 是的 是的 | 
| [21:35] | They didn’t even have the decency to stop. | 他们甚至都没有尊重我停下来的意思 | 
| [21:46] | Anything said to Mr. Shore by the other lawyers would be an extension of privilege. | 其他律师对Shore先生所说的一切都应视为保密条款 | 
| [21:50] | This was not state action, your Honor. | 这不是政府行为 法官阁下 | 
| [21:52] | Any breach committed by Mr. Shore is actionable against Mr. Shore civilly. | Shore先生所犯的违法行为可以事后以民事起诉 | 
| [21:57] | We should not, however, be banned from using the information. | 不过 我们不应该被禁止使用这份证词 | 
| [22:00] | This would violate every principle of fairness for my client to be re-tried. | 这违反公平原则 会让我的委托人再次遭受审判 | 
| [22:04] | Counsel, if this information is true, | 辩护人 如果这份证词属实的话 | 
| [22:08] | your client conspired to let his ten-year-old daughter take the fall for a double murder he committed. | 就意味着你的委托人密谋让他十岁的女儿 承担他犯下的双重谋杀罪 | 
| [22:14] | I don’t think you mean to play the fairness card. | 我可不认为这体现了什么公平原则 | 
| [22:21] | I see Attorneys Frutt and Stringer. | 我要召见Frutt律师和Stringer律师 | 
| [22:23] | I’ll see you and counsel in chambers now. Mr. Stanfield, you’ll stay in custody. | 我也要你和他们到我的房间来 马上 Stanfield先生 你被扣押了 | 
| [22:51] | Does Mr. Shore report the facts correctly? | Shore先生所说的是否属实? | 
| [22:53] | Privilege prevents me from either confirming or denying Mr. Shore’s allegations. | 保密条款的约制让我不能确认或否认Shore先生的说法 | 
| [23:00] | Ms. Frutt, we have a serious problem here. | Frutt女士 现在我们有个很大问题 | 
| [23:05] | If that little girl took the stand and decided on her own to lie, | 如果那小女孩出庭 决定要作伪证 | 
| [23:09] | then double jeopardy attaches, and Mr. Stanfield goes free. | 那么“双重危境”将会有效 Stanfield先生就会无罪释放 | 
| [23:14] | If he conspired to commit the fraud, however, | 而如果他之前的行为是欺骗法庭 那么 | 
| [23:17] | double jeopardy does not attach, and he can be re-tried. | “双重危境”就会无效 而他将会再次接受审判 | 
| [23:21] | We understand that, your Honor, but . . . | 我们了解 法官阁下 但是…… | 
| [23:22] | You stepped outside your role as advocates, and stood before me as officers of the court! | 你在法庭上的角色是辩护律师 而在我这里则应该是司法系统的一员 | 
| [23:26] | Which we deeply regret. | 对此我们深表歉意 | 
| [23:28] | I am not interested in remorse. | 我对你的自责不感兴趣 | 
| [23:30] | Your Honor . . . | 法官阁下…… | 
| [23:31] | I’m not speaking to you, Mr. King. | 我没和你说话 King先生 | 
| [23:35] | Without asking you to reveal privilege, I would like you to either confirm or deny to me what you said to me as officers of the court. | 我不是在要求你违反保密协议 我只要你作为 司法系统的一员 确认或者否认这份证词 | 
| [23:43] | All I will say: | 我只能说 | 
| [23:45] | We believed our representations to be true. | 我们当时相信我们是正确的 | 
| [23:47] | Whether we continue to believe them to be true, privilege prevents us from saying. | 至于我们是否继续相信这一点 保密协议阻止了我们表达观点 | 
| [23:59] | Mr. King, it is my finding: the mistrial was procured by fraud. | King先生 以下是我的看法 无效审判是通过欺诈手段获得的 | 
| [24:06] | Double jeopardy will, therefore, not attach. | 因此“双重危境”确认无效 | 
| [24:08] | Your client will be re-tried. | 你的委托人将接受重审 | 
| [24:10] | Mr. Campbell, get the girl out of jail. | Campbell先生 放了那个女孩 | 
| [24:13] | Ms. Frutt, tell Mr. Shore that I am recommending him for immediate disbarment. | Frutt女士 转告Shore先生 我会建议立即撤消他的律师资格 | 
| [24:23] | Why does she get to testify? | 为什么要她去作证? | 
| [24:24] | I mean, why why does she get to tell her story? | 我是说 为什么让她把这事再说一次? | 
| [24:27] | It’s a good sign that the judge wants to hear from her, Roland. | 法官想要听她的证词 这是个好迹象 Roland | 
| [24:30] | It means they’re considering our case. | 这意味着 他们还在关注我们的案子 | 
| [24:32] | You know, I don’t even know if I want to do this anymore. | 你知道 我甚至都不知道我还想不想再继续了 | 
| [24:34] | I thought it would make me feel better, | 我原以为这样会让我感觉好点 | 
| [24:36] | but it’s only makin’ me feel worse. | 没想到我觉得更不好受了 | 
| [24:38] | I I’m getting very angry feelings, and I don’t like it when I feel this way! | 我 我现在觉得很烦 而且我还讨厌这种感觉 | 
| [24:42] | Big breath, just . . . | 深呼吸 只要…… | 
| [24:43] | I don’t want to suck life’s juice. | 我不要呼吸什么生命的果汁 | 
| [24:47] | Roland, I think that you wanted to do this because you felt victimized. | Roland 我认为你还应该再继续下去 因为你感觉自己受害了 | 
| [24:53] | And that could be what’s been making you feel angry. | 也就是这些才会让你感到很生气 | 
| [24:56] | Now, you can certainly quit now, | 现在 你当然可以放弃 | 
| [24:59] | but it might end up making you feel even more angry. | 但最终你可能会让自己更生气 | 
| [25:07] | Alan? You betrayed me. | Alan 你出卖了我 | 
| [25:11] | Did I? Sorry. | 我有吗?不好意思 | 
| [25:13] | Don’t be flip. | 别油嘴滑舌的 | 
| [25:16] | I came to you in distress, in confidence, because I had a problem that I . . . | 我信任你 向你倾吐苦恼 因为我有个麻烦没法…… | 
| [25:19] | Which I shared. | 我帮你分担了 | 
| [25:22] | You couldn’t live with a child being falsely imprisoned; neither could I. | 你因一个孩子被错误地关押而坐立不安 我也是的 | 
| [25:25] | You should have come to me. | 你应该先来找我 | 
| [25:26] | In which case, you might be facing disbarment. | 在那种情况下 你可能会面临取消律师资格 | 
| [25:28] | Perhaps you could say, Thanks for the insulation. | 或许你可以说 “感谢上帝这和我没关系” | 
| [25:32] | But you didn’t insulate her. | 但你不是在保护她 | 
| [25:35] | What you did goes to this firm our reputation, and it’s damaged. | 你的所作所为会算到我们事务所头上 我们的名声被给你毁了 | 
| [25:41] | You’re right, Jimmy. | 你说的对 Jimmy | 
| [25:42] | I’m sorry. How about a hug? | 我很抱歉 抱抱? | 
| [25:44] | -I’m gonna pop this guy, I swear. I’m just gonna hit him. -Aw, stop this, guys. This is serious. | – 我要揍他 我发誓 我要打他个屁滚尿流 – 喂 别闹了你们 这事情很严重 | 
| [25:48] | What time’s the hearing before the Bar? | 律协听证会何时开始? | 
| [25:50] | Ten a.m. | 上午10点 | 
| [25:51] | Have you retained counsel? | 你有没有辩护律师? | 
| [25:53] | I’ll represent myself. | 我自己辩护 | 
| [25:54] | And what are you going to say? | 那么你打算怎么去辩护? | 
| [25:57] | Exactly what I feel at the moment. | 我想到什么就说什么 | 
| [26:00] | Your conduct speaks to the integrity of this firm. | 你的所作所为代表了这家事务律所的形象 | 
| [26:04] | You need to get that. | 你得明白这一点 | 
| [26:07] | Got it. | 了解 | 
| [26:12] | I’m not proud of it, but I fell in love. | 我不以此为荣 但我堕入爱河了 | 
| [26:17] | It happens, sometimes, in marriage. People have affairs. | 就这么发生了 有时候在婚姻里 人们都有点风流韵事 | 
| [26:22] | I’m sorry I hurt Roland, and, of course, my children, but I fell in love. | 我很抱歉我伤害了Roland 当然还有我的孩子 但我堕入爱河了 | 
| [26:28] | But when Roland came into the room, did you really continue to have relations? | 当Roland进入房间的时候 你们是不是真的继续在做爱? | 
| [26:35] | You know, I don’t really don’t believe we did, but . . . | 知道吗 我真的不敢相信我们这么做了 但是…… | 
| [26:37] | this is embarrassing to talk about, but when you’re about to climax, you’re not completely in control of your faculties. | 说起来太让人尴尬了 当你快要到达高潮的时候 你完全没法控制自己的身体 | 
| [26:45] | All I can say . . . I never meant to hurt Roland. | 我只能说 我从没有故意要伤害Roland | 
| [26:52] | He’s a dear man. I love him. I just . . . | 他是一个好男人 我爱他 我只是 | 
| [26:57] | Fell in love. | 堕入爱河了 | 
| [26:59] | Quickly, I might add. | 如此之快 我补充说明一下 | 
| [27:00] | After about a year of being married to this man, . . . | 你和这个男人结婚大概一年之后…… | 
| [27:03] | . . . having children, you were having an affair with his best friend. | 有了孩子 然后你就和他最好的朋友勾搭在一起 | 
| [27:06] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [27:07] | Best friend? | 最好的朋友? | 
| [27:08] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [27:09] | Why not get a divorce? | 为什么不离婚 | 
| [27:10] | Why have children, if you were in love with somebody else? | 怎么还有了孩子 如果你爱上了别人? | 
| [27:15] | That was probably not a wise decision, but . . . | 离婚可能不是个明智的决定 但…… | 
| [27:18] | You made it when you were about to climax. | 你却在快要高潮的时候做了这个决定 | 
| [27:20] | Objection! | 反对! | 
| [27:21] | Getting a divorce would have cost you a lot of money, right, Nance? | 离婚的话会花你很多钱 是这样吧 Nance? | 
| [27:25] | Roland had lots; you had none, | Roland有很多钱 你什么都没有 | 
| [27:27] | and the best man was unemployed. | 而这个伴郎没有工作 | 
| [27:29] | This was never about money. | 这和钱没一点关系 | 
| [27:31] | No, simply love, just all about love. | 是的 只关乎爱 仅仅是关于爱情 | 
| [27:34] | Tell me something, Nance, how did you not get caught for six years? | 告诉我 Nance 六年来你怎么会没被发现过 | 
| [27:40] | Wow! Six years that’s a really long time to pull off a lie. | 喔!六年!六年那么长的时间维持一个谎言 | 
| [27:46] | Objection! | 反对! | 
| [27:47] | Six years. She screwed his best friend in his bed. | 六年!她和他最好的朋友在他床上做了六年爱! | 
| [27:51] | Objection! | 反对! | 
| [27:52] | Your Honor, why are you not ruling on my objections? | 法官阁下 你为什么不理睬我的反对意见? | 
| [27:55] | Oh, all right. Sustained. | 噢 好吧 反对有效 | 
| [27:58] | Dial it back, Ms. Carlisle. | 刚才的都不算 Carlisle小姐 | 
| [28:01] | People fall in love, Nancy. | 人人都会坠入爱河 Nance | 
| [28:03] | I get that. | 这个我了解 | 
| [28:05] | Fall victim to passion. | 激情的受害者 | 
| [28:09] | But this? | 但是这个 | 
| [28:12] | This was six years of careful planning to avoid detection. | 这是个精心策划了六年而不被发现的阴谋 | 
| [28:18] | This was reflective, orchestrated, premeditated deceit. | 这是经过深思熟虑的 精心密谋的 事先策划好的诡计 | 
| [28:28] | Don’t you dare clump that under the banner of love! | 你竟还敢打着“爱”的旗号私通鬼混! | 
| [28:35] | This was evil. | 这是罪恶的 | 
| [28:37] | You are an evil person. | 你是个恶毒的人 | 
| [28:40] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [28:41] | Your Honor, God would like to apologize to the court. | 法官阁下 上帝要向法庭道歉 | 
| [28:45] | She says she’s terribly over-extended, | 她说她的子民如此地多 | 
| [28:48] | and sometimes, when she’s spread too thin, people like Nancy happen. | 有时 在圣光没有完全照耀的地方 就会有Nancy这种人趁虚而入 | 
| [29:16] | He wants to see me? | 他要见我? | 
| [29:17] | And only you. | 而且只见你 | 
| [29:18] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? | 
| [29:19] | Brad Stanfield asked to see me. | Brad Stanfield说想见我 | 
| [29:22] | You . . . you can’t. I mean, he’s represented by counsel, and . . . | 你 你不能去 我是说 他有自己的辩护律师 而且…… | 
| [29:24] | Well, he waived it. | 他放弃了 | 
| [29:26] | Sheila, Judge Brown’s office called. She’s ruling at ten. | Sheila Brown法官办公室来电话 她10点宣判 | 
| [29:29] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [29:31] | How’s she doing? | 她做的怎么样? | 
| [29:32] | Fabulous. | 无与伦比 | 
| [29:33] | Only she got a little religious at the end of her cross. | 只是在交叉询问的最后 宗教意味太强了 | 
| [29:37] | Nuts-religious or just . . . | 是好还是坏 | 
| [29:40] | I couldn’t tell. | 我说不出来 | 
| [29:44] | The problem with this lawsuit: | 本案的问题在于 | 
| [29:47] | Every husband will start suing his ex-wife as a way to circumvent alimony. | 每位丈夫都会控告他的前妻 以此来规避赡养费 | 
| [29:52] | We may get to the point where husbands even entrap their wives into having affairs, | 我们还能假设丈夫们会故意引诱他们妻子发生外遇 | 
| [29:57] | so they can avoid losing their houses. | 这样他们就能避免自己失去房产 | 
| [30:00] | This is why we have no-fault, | 这就是为什么我们有“无过错”的说法 | 
| [30:02] | why the court doesn’t even want to go there, asking who’s to blame. | 也就是为什么法庭不愿牵涉其中 质问该去责备谁 | 
| [30:07] | However, divorce law should not be used to shield a person | 但是 离婚法不应作为另一方的挡箭牌 | 
| [30:13] | when he engages in egregious, outrageous conduct to the emotional detriment of others. | 尤其是当一方遭受了极其恶劣令人发指的情感创伤 | 
| [30:20] | Six years with his best friend? | 六年了 和他最好的朋友! | 
| [30:25] | Ms. Huff! | Huff女士 | 
| [30:29] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 | 
| [30:30] | A jury might throw this out, but I won’t. | 陪审团或许会无视这一点 但我不会 | 
| [30:34] | The motion to dismiss is denied. | 无效诉讼的动议被驳回 | 
| [30:43] | I don’t believe it. | 我简直不敢相信 | 
| [30:44] | We’ve got a long way to go. | 我们还有很长的路要走 | 
| [30:45] | We have three months minimum on discovery, you’ve got to decide if you want to settle, but the leverage is ours, Roland. | 我们最少有3个月调查取证 你要决定是否私了 不过胜利的天平已向我们倾斜 Roland | 
| [30:51] | You think you’ve won, Roland. | 你以为你赢了 Roland. | 
| [30:52] | You’re represented by counsel, Ms . . . | 你该由你的律师代你说话 女士…… | 
| [30:55] | I don’t care. Drop this now, Roland, or you’ll lose the kids. | 我不在乎 马上放手 Roland 不然你将得不到孩子 | 
| [30:58] | I don’t think that’s your call, Nance. | 我可不认为你能说了算 Nance | 
| [31:00] | You think you know everything? | 你以为你什么都知道? | 
| [31:02] | Certainly not; just a little more than most. | 当然不 比全部差那么一点点 | 
| [31:06] | Little news flash, Roland: The kids aren’t yours. They’re Richard’s. | 透露你个消息 Roland 孩子都不是你的 都是Richard的 | 
| [31:11] | Nancy! | |
| [31:12] | What? | 什么? | 
| [31:12] | Yeah. So drop this case, Roland, or you’ll never see them again. | 没错!所以赶紧放手吧 Roland 不然你再也不会见到我们 | 
| [31:20] | It wasn’t a master plan, Roland. | 这绝不是计划好的 Roland | 
| [31:21] | It it just happened. | 只 只是就这么发生了 | 
| [31:24] | Didn’t you even wonder why they don’t look like you? | 你就没怀疑过他们长得不象你吗? | 
| [31:27] | Not even slightly. | 一点也不像 | 
| [31:29] | All right. Talk time’s over. | 好了 谈话时间结束 | 
| [31:31] | You’re not looking so smug anymore. | 你看上去没那么得意了 | 
| [31:36] | Come on, Richard. | 走吧 Richard | 
| [31:41] | All right. | 好了 | 
| [31:43] | I want you to drop by the office, Roland, and we will figure out your legal options. | 你到我办公室来 Roland 我们会找出你的法律权利 | 
| [31:49] | Tara, Want you to do some research. | Tara 你去作一些调查 | 
| [31:51] | Done. | 收到 | 
| [31:53] | Roland: Look at me. | Roland 看着我 | 
| [31:57] | I told you in the beginning, I’d take care of you, and I will. | 就像一开始我说的 由我来负责 我会的 | 
| [32:07] | You turned in your own client? | 你出卖了你的委托人? | 
| [32:09] | I did. | 是的 | 
| [32:11] | Do you have any defense? | 那你有什么可辩护的吗? | 
| [32:13] | No. | 没有 | 
| [32:15] | That’s all you have to say to us? No? | 这就是你要说的?没有? | 
| [32:19] | Well, I thought if I save time, you might go easier. | 呃 我想节省点时间的话 你们可以直接判决 | 
| [32:22] | Mr. Shore, if you find this amusing . . . | Shore先生 如果你认为这很好玩的话…… | 
| [32:25] | I find it preposterous, your Honor. | 我认为这是极其荒谬的 法官阁下 | 
| [32:28] | A ten-year-old girl climbs into the witness chair to declare herself the killer the daughter of the defendant. | 法官阁下 一个10岁的小女孩坐上证人席 声称她是凶手 还是被告的女儿 | 
| [32:34] | What happens? The judge says mistrial. | 接下来呢?法官判定了无效审判 | 
| [32:36] | The child goes to jail and the only thing horrifying you is that I revealed the double murderer’s secret. | 那孩子进了监狱 而令你们担忧的仅仅是 我揭露了双重谋杀的真相 | 
| [32:44] | Yes, Mr. Shore. Because privilege . . . | 是的 Shore先生 因为保密条款…… | 
| [32:46] | Privilege is fundamental to the system. | 保密条款是司法体系的基石 | 
| [32:51] | Problem is, Judge, the system is a disaster. | 问题是 法官阁下 司法体系是场灾难 | 
| [32:53] | We have over ten thousand wrongful convictions . . . | 我们有数以万计的误判…… | 
| [32:56] | You’re not helping yourself. | 你这样帮不了自己 | 
| [32:58] | And who might you be helping, Judge? | 那你会帮谁呢 法官? | 
| [33:03] | Your Honor? | 法官阁下? | 
| [33:05] | May I be heard? | 我可以发言吗? | 
| [33:07] | Who are you? | 你是? | 
| [33:09] | My name is Eugene Young. | 我叫Eugene Young. | 
| [33:10] | Mr. Shore is a member of our firm, and as such, I believe I have standing to address this tribunal. | Shore先生是我们事务所的律师 正因为这样 我想我可以在这里上说两句 | 
| [33:16] | Mr. Shore was doing so well without you. | 没有你Shore先生照样辩护得那么好 | 
| [33:21] | I, like this tribunal, believe lawyer-client privilege to be sacrosanct, | 我和各位一样 坚信律师与委托人之间 的保密协议是不容置疑的 | 
| [33:26] | and that there could be no greater violation to this process than the breach of that trust. | 不可能有比违约更深的亵渎了 | 
| [33:31] | But your Honors, in order for there to be a breach, | 但是法官阁下 要造成协议的违背 | 
| [33:35] | there has to be an underlying trust to begin with. | 一开始就应该存在相互信任 | 
| [33:37] | Here there wasn’t. | 但这里没有 | 
| [33:38] | Brad Stanfield lied to Ellenor Frutt and Jamie Stringer. | Brad Stanfield向Ellenor Frutt和Jamie Stringer撒了谎 | 
| [33:42] | He deceived them for the express purpose of defrauding the court. | 他欺骗她们为的是逃脱法庭的制裁 | 
| [33:45] | The fact that they couldn’t trust him doesn’t mean that he wasn’t trusting them. | 她们不信任他不代表他不信任她们 | 
| [33:50] | Well, I would submit a fiduciary relationship has to be somewhat mutual. | 那个 我会认为信任的基础是相互的 | 
| [33:54] | Beyond that, Alan Shore had the legal right to reveal Mr. Stanfield’s secret. | 此外 Alan Shore 有权揭露Stanfield先生的秘密 | 
| [33:58] | And how do you get that? | 这话怎么说? | 
| [34:00] | Well, directing the court’s attention to the rules of professional conduct. | 那个 请注意一下律师职业规则 | 
| [34:06] | Rule Number One Point Six B One. | 条款1.6 B-1 | 
| [34:11] | In one state in this country, a lawyer may break client privilege to prevent the wrongful incarceration of another. | 在这个国家有一个州 规定律师可以通过违反 保密协议防止他人被不当监禁 | 
| [34:18] | That state is Massachusetts. | 那个州就是马萨诸塞州 | 
| [34:20] | Mr. Young, that is an obscure exception, which to my knowledge has never been relied upon ever . . . | Young先生 那是个含糊不清的例外 据我所知它从没有过依据…… | 
| [34:26] | But, it’s there. It is written. | 但它就在那里写着 白纸黑字 | 
| [34:28] | The fact that Mr. Shore’s the first to invoke it does not undermine its validity. | 事实上Shore先生成为第一个引用它的人 并不影响其有效性 | 
| [34:33] | Technically, Alan Shore acted legally. | 技术上讲 Alan Shore是依法行事 | 
| [34:36] | And moreover, your Honor, he acted morally. | 而且 法官阁下 他也是依道德行事 | 
| [34:40] | He did the right thing. | 他做了件正确的事情 | 
| [34:43] | The three of you speak of prioritizing trust. | 三位也谈到了信任的重要性 | 
| [34:46] | Wh what about the public trust in our profession? | 那公众对我们行业的信任呢? | 
| [34:48] | What about the erosion of respect for who and what we are? | 那是谁在腐蚀着我们的尊严? | 
| [34:52] | Alan Shore is an honorable man. | Alan Shore是一个高尚的人 | 
| [34:54] | He saw an unspeakable wrong a child imprisoned for something she didn’t commit and he acted to right it. | 他看到了无法言明的错误 一个孩子因莫须有 的罪名而被囚禁 所以他采取行动来纠正它 | 
| [35:01] | He acted within both the technical bounds of the law and the moral bounds of decency. | 他的行为在技术上符合法律 也符合道德良心 | 
| [35:05] | Accordingly, he should neither be suspended nor expelled from practice, because he is just. | 因此 他不该被撤消资格或被开除 因为他是正义的 | 
| [35:15] | He is just. | 他是正义的 | 
| [35:21] | And your Honors, | 而法官阁下 | 
| [35:24] | you need to reach into yourselves like Alan Shore did, | 你得发自内心地理解Alan Shore所做的一切 | 
| [35:29] | and do what is right. | 然后作出正确的决定 | 
| [35:48] | Sure the whole town’s applauding for you right now. | 我想整个城市此刻都在为你鼓掌 | 
| [35:51] | Probably want to buy you a a gold watch or something like that. | 也许还想给你送块勋章什么的 | 
| [35:54] | I didn’t rat you out, Brad. | 我没有告发你 Brad | 
| [35:56] | Neither did Jamie. | Jamie也没有 | 
| [35:58] | It was another lawyer in our firm. | 是我们所里另外一个律师 | 
| [36:00] | Are you tellin’ me you had nothing to do with this? | 你是在告诉我你和这事毫无关系? | 
| [36:02] | Oh, I would love to claim I did. | 哦 我倒是很希望是我告发的 | 
| [36:05] | I wish I had the courage to throw away my career, but somebody else did the dirty work for me. | 我真希望我有勇气能舍弃这份职业 但有人帮我做了这些不光彩的事 | 
| [36:10] | You’re a fan of dirty work, aren’t you? | 你最喜欢这些不光彩的事了 对么? | 
| [36:12] | I’m glad you’re enjoying this. | 我很高兴看见你那么高兴 | 
| [36:14] | I am. | 那是 | 
| [36:15] | But you need to remember two things, Ellenor. | 但你要记住两件事 Ellenor | 
| [36:18] | First, I will walk away from the second trial, | 第一 我将摆脱第二次审判 | 
| [36:20] | just like I walked away from the first. | 就像摆脱第一次一样 | 
| [36:22] | Because you make such a favorable impression. People like you. | 因为你秀出了一个好印象 人们喜欢你 | 
| [36:27] | And second, when I do walk away, I’ll be looking you up. | 第二 在我摆脱之后 我好好照顾你的 | 
| [36:36] | Is that a threat? | 那是恐吓么? | 
| [36:37] | Of course not! | 当然不是! | 
| [36:40] | I don’t believe you had nothing to do with this, Ellenor. | 我绝不相信你和这事毫无牵连 | 
| [36:43] | I’m in here now, but I won’t be for long. | 我现在是在这儿 但我不会呆很长 | 
| [36:46] | Keep talking. I am free to repeat it all. | 接着说啊 我会帮你传达出去的 | 
| [36:49] | We’re in each other’s lives, Ellenor. | 我们手上都握着对方的生命 Ellenor | 
| [36:53] | And the story’s just beginning. | 而且故事也才刚刚开始 | 
| [37:06] | We’ve done some research, and it’s not the end of the world. | 我们做好了一些调查 而且也没到无计可施的地步 | 
| [37:08] | Don’t handle me! | 别糊弄我了! | 
| [37:13] | Even if they’re not your biological children, they are still yours. | 即使他们不是你亲生的 但他们还是你的孩子 | 
| [37:17] | Any child born into a marriage is presumed . . . | 在婚姻存续期间出生的子女都被推定为…… | 
| [37:20] | I wanna hurt her now. | 我现在想杀了她! | 
| [37:22] | Roland, I need you to listen to me. | Roland 你得听我说 | 
| [37:24] | She can’t take away your kids. | 她夺不走你的孩子 | 
| [37:27] | Even if they are Richard’s biologically, legally we still think that they’re yours. | 即便他们就是Richard的孩子 法律上我们也认为他们是属于你的 | 
| [37:32] | There are estoppel arguments to be made against Richard, | 还有毋庸置疑的证据去对抗Richard | 
| [37:36] | and under current adoption laws . . . Is he listening to me? | 还有现行的收养法都……他在听我说么? | 
| [37:40] | I don’t think he’s listening to me. | 我想他没在听你说话 | 
| [37:43] | We’re going to win this lawsuit, Roland. | 我们会打赢这起诉讼的 Roland | 
| [37:46] | We’re going to try to get you full custody. | 我们会努力为你争取完全监护权的 | 
| [37:49] | This is going to backfire on them. | 这是对他们的反击 | 
| [37:51] | Promise me that. Please, promise. | 向我保证 请向我保证 | 
| [37:55] | We can’t promise, Roland, but . . . | 我们不能作出承诺 Roland 但是…… | 
| [37:58] | Yes, we can. | 是的 我们能 | 
| [37:59] | I promise, Roland. | 我保证 Roland | 
| [38:01] | I’ll win this for you. | 我会为你赢这场官司的 | 
| [38:09] | We are not persuaded that Mr. Shore did the moral thing when he blatantly broke privilege. | 我们并不认为Shore先生破坏保密协议是道德的 | 
| [38:15] | We don’t think that he was just at all when he betrayed his own client. | 我们也不认为他在背叛委托人时是出于正义 | 
| [38:21] | Mr. Shore, in our view, you have offended the very essence of what it means to be a criminal defense attorney, | Shore先生 在我们看来 你违背了作为一名刑事辩护律师的根本实质 | 
| [38:30] | but, technically, under Rule One Point Six B One, a rule which you probably weren’t aware of . | 但是 技术上讲 根据职业规则条款1.6 B-1 你大概还不知道有这条规定 | 
| [38:39] | . . were you? | 你知道么? | 
| [38:41] | Absolutely. I read it twice. | 当然 我看过两遍的 | 
| [38:47] | Under this obscure provision, which will undoubtedly be erased now that someone has actually invoked it, | 根据这个无疑将会被废除的含糊条款 而现在既然有人提起…… | 
| [38:57] | you’re covered. | 你是受它保护的 | 
| [38:58] | We don’t have the grounds to suspend you, however much we might like to. | 我们没有足够理由来撤消你的资格 虽然我们非常想那样 | 
| [39:04] | We deeply hope that you will give us another chance soon. | 我们很希望你能给尽快给我们另一个机会这么做 | 
| [39:12] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 | 
| [39:16] | What do you know? | 世事难测啊 | 
| [39:18] | Eugene, thank you. | Eugene 谢谢你 | 
| [39:23] | I did it for the firm. | 我这么做是为事务所 | 
| [39:25] | Don’t mistake it for affection. | 别误认为是为了你 | 
| [39:26] | Yes. Thank you. | 是的 谢谢你 | 
| [40:04] | Roland! | |
| [40:05] | What’s going on? Are you all right? | 怎么了?你还好吗? | 
| [40:08] | Bedroom. I think I need a lawyer. | 卧室 我想我需要个律师 | 
| [40:13] | Bedroom? | 卧室? | 
| [40:16] | I need a lawyer. | 我需要个律师 | 
| [40:19] | I need help. | 我需要帮助 | 
| [40:21] | Let’s go. Come on. | 我们走 快点 | 
| [40:45] | [Music:Peppermint Twist] | (《Peppermint Twist》响起) | 
| [40:51] | Mary, Mother of God. | 圣母玛利亚 | 
| [40:53] | Our Father Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. | 我们在天上的父 有古卷只作父阿愿人都尊你的名为圣 (《路加福音》第11章第2节) | 
| [40:56] | Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done. | 愿你的国降临 愿你的旨意行在地上 (《路加福音》第11章第2节) | 
| [40:59] | Lead us not into temptation. | 不叫我们遇见试探 (《路加福音》第11章第4节) | 
| [41:03] | Deliver us from evil. | 救我们脱离凶恶 (《路加福音》第11章第4节) | 
| [41:08] | For Thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory, forever. | 因为国度 权柄 荣耀 全是你的 直到永远 (《马太福音》第6章第13节) | 
| [41:15] | Amen. | 阿门 (《马太福音》第6章第13节) |