时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | You threatened extortion your first week here. | 你来这第一个星期就行为不检 |
[00:01] | That was an accident. | 纯粹意外 |
[00:02] | Break privilege, for which you almost got disbarred. | 违反保密协定 而差点丢掉律师牌照 |
[00:05] | Horseshoes. | 马有失蹄 |
[00:05] | Sleep with witnesses. | 和证人们上床 |
[00:07] | Just the one. | 仅此一个 |
[00:07] | You are seriously self-destructive. | 你确实有自毁倾向 |
[00:11] | Isn’t everybody? | 难道你们不是吗? |
[00:12] | The difficult thing about firing him | 炒掉他的难处在于 |
[00:14] | Aside from him being your friend | 除他是你的朋友外 |
[00:16] | Is that once again he fell on the sword for somebody else. | 在于他再次为别人两肋插刀 |
[00:20] | And he did save us from a malpractice judgment. | 而且他确实把我们从玩忽职守的危急中解救出来 |
[00:23] | And possibly exposed us to something much worse. | 或许让我们面临更严重的事情 |
[00:26] | Ellenor said something about me being self-destructive. | Ellenor说我有自毁倾向 |
[00:29] | But I assure you if I am, | 但我保证如果我 |
[00:32] | unwittingly or unconsciously trying to take anybody down, | 不经意或无意识弄垮什么 |
[00:36] | it isn’t you. | 那绝不是你 |
[00:38] | Or this law firm. | 也不会是这事务所 |
[00:46] | Nothing? | 什么都没有? |
[00:48] | They just pulled the offer. Completely. | 他们撤回了协议 全部 |
[00:51] | On the eve of trial? | 就在审讯前夕? |
[00:52] | Karen. It seems I’ve been duped. | Karen 我似乎被愚弄了 |
[01:11] | The defendant’s lawyer is known to be underhanded. | 被告辩护律师是出名狡诈的 |
[01:14] | I now think he let me to believe they led me to believe | 他想让我相信他们想让我相信的事情 |
[01:16] | they’d settle only to string me along. | 他们的和解只为了误导我 |
[01:28] | Police! Hold it! Freeze! | 警察 不要动 |
[01:30] | Get him! | 抓住他 |
[01:34] | We are very ready Karen. | 我们都准备好了 Karen |
[01:35] | This lawyer? It’s a setback,no doubt. | 这名律师是块绊脚石 毫无疑问 |
[01:38] | But tomorrow? We are ready to proceed with this trial. | 至于明天的审讯 我们已经准备好了 |
[01:43] | I need a lawyer! | 我要律师 |
[01:44] | Ho,ho,hold on a second! | 等等 等等 等会儿 |
[01:45] | I need Bobby! | 我要找Bobby |
[01:46] | – Sir? You need to¡ – What’s going on? | – 先生 你需要… – 发生什么事? |
[01:48] | -I need a lawyer. It seems that he needs Bobby. | -我要律师 -他似乎要找Bobby |
[01:50] | -now,now… – I could be mistaken but¡ | -现在 现在… – 我可能搞错了 但… |
[01:51] | Sir? | 先生? |
[01:51] | Sir. Come here. | 先生 到这儿来 |
[01:52] | Eleanor,can you take Karen into your office please? | Eleanor 可以麻烦你带Karen到你办公室吗? |
[01:54] | There’s no much time. | 没时间了 |
[01:56] | – There’s not much time. – Aw right. | -没时间了 – 好吧 |
[01:59] | Take it. | 拿去 |
[02:01] | Take it. | 拿去 |
[02:03] | That’s very kind but I already have a knife. | 不用客气了 我已经有一把了 |
[02:05] | Please. They’ll be here any second. | 拜托 他们随时会到这儿来 |
[02:07] | I need you to¡ | 我需要你… |
[02:07] | Police! Freeze! Get down now! | 警察 别动 趴下 |
[02:09] | You get down! What the hell is this? | 你趴下!这到底什么回事? |
[02:12] | -Where is he? -What’s going on here? | -他在哪里? -怎么回事啊? |
[02:15] | Did anybody just come in here? | 刚有人进来吗? |
[02:16] | Six people,in fact, dreesed in blue. | 6名警察 事实上 穿蓝色衣服的 |
[02:19] | We’re lookin’ for a man, | 我们在追捕一名男子 |
[02:20] | mid thirties,jeans,blue jacket, | 三十来岁 穿牛仔裤 蓝色夹克 |
[02:22] | he entered this building. | 他进了这栋大厦 |
[02:24] | Is he a criminal? | 他是犯人吗? |
[02:26] | He’s a homicide suspect. | 他是凶杀嫌疑犯 |
[02:28] | Homicide? | 凶杀? |
[02:30] | My god, do you know what you’ve done? | 天啊 你知道你都做什么了吗? |
[02:33] | We represent murders here. | 我们这代理凶杀案 |
[02:35] | It’s quite possible the man you speak of, | 你们提及这男子很有可能 |
[02:38] | came into this building to hire us. | 来这栋大厦雇用我们 |
[02:41] | With the six of you? Guns out? | 现在看你们六个 手里还握着枪 |
[02:43] | Now he’ll never come in. | 他永不会到这来了 |
[02:45] | You may very well have costs us business,officer. | 多亏你们 我们丢了生意了 警官 |
[02:47] | Bad policeman! Very bad! | 差劲的警察!相当差劲! |
[02:53] | www. 1000fr. com presents | |
[03:14] | The practice S8EO5 | 时轴:VinE |
[03:30] | You’ve gotta help me. | 你一定得帮我 |
[03:32] | Mr. Grayson,I already have. | Grayson先生 我已经在帮你了 |
[03:34] | It’s a miracle the police didn’t insist on searching the place, | 警察不坚持搜查这里 已是奇迹 |
[03:37] | – in which case¡ – I was hidin’ under the table. | – 在这情况下… – 我把它藏桌子底下了 |
[03:38] | I appreciate that,but trainees at the academy are not advised to look under the tables. | 谢谢你告诉我 但是连法学实习生都 知道台底交易是不允许的 |
[03:44] | It’s been a giant leap for law-enforcement. | 这可是法律实施的一大飞跃 |
[03:46] | Look. I’m just asking you to hold the knife. | 听着 我叫你拿着那刀 |
[03:48] | And as I’ve explained. | 如我解释的 |
[03:50] | I’m not permitted to do that. | 我不能这么做 |
[03:51] | This would be considered evidence. | 这刀或许会被当作证物 |
[03:53] | Please. It’s evil. Makes me do things. | 拜托 是恶魔 让我这么做的 |
[03:59] | Mr. Grayson. | Grayson先生 |
[04:01] | If we were to assume possession of this weapon, | 假设我们拥有这武器 |
[04:04] | and you were to be charged with a crime, | 而你又被起诉的话 |
[04:06] | we would have an obligation, | 我们有义务 |
[04:08] | a legal obligation to turn it over to the police. | 有法律义务将它交给警方 |
[04:11] | Look! I’m telling you. | 听着 我跟你说 |
[04:15] | It’s evil. | 是恶魔 |
[04:17] | Makes me do things. | 让我这么做的 |
[04:23] | You know what? | 这样子吧 |
[04:24] | Why don’t you let me turn the evil knife over to the police? | 为何你不让我把这恶魔之刀交给警方呢? |
[04:28] | So that they might incarcerate it. | 或许警方会监禁它 |
[04:30] | No. They’ll trace it to me. | 不 他们会追踪到我 |
[04:32] | I’m not goin’ to jail. | 我不要坐牢 |
[04:35] | I want it at a place where the police can’t get it. | 我要它待在一个警察找不到的地方 |
[04:38] | Where I can’t get it. | 而我能找到的地方 |
[04:44] | Would you excuse me for a minute? | 你介意我失陪一阵子吗? |
[04:45] | Are you gonna call the police? | 你要去报警? |
[04:47] | No. | 不是 |
[04:49] | I just wanna discuss this matter with my colleagues. | 我只是想跟我的同事商量一下这事 |
[04:54] | I’ll be right back. | 很快回来 |
[04:59] | Did he kill somebody? | 他杀人了吗? |
[05:00] | Well there’s blood on it. | 刀上面有血迹 |
[05:01] | I don’t think he used it to puncture a tire. | 我不认为他是用那刀刺穿轮胎 |
[05:04] | Why doesn’t he just throw it in a dumpster? | 他为什么不随手扔到垃圾车上? |
[05:05] | That might make sense Eleanor. But I can’t counsel him to do that. | Eleanor 这也许有道理 但我不能提议他这么做啊 |
[05:09] | Unless you’d like me to? | 除非你让我这么做 |
[05:10] | No! We can’t advise the destruction of evidence. | 不可能 我们不能主张毁灭证据 |
[05:13] | Well! We can’t keep it Eugene. | 但我们不能留着这刀啊 Eugene |
[05:15] | If he leaves with it he might kill again. | 他要是带着这刀离开 或许还会发生命案 |
[05:17] | It’s evil! | 是恶魔教唆的 |
[05:20] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[05:23] | Thank you for your help. | 谢谢你们的帮助 |
[05:24] | I’m gonna look for another lawyer. | 我得去找别的律师 |
[05:33] | Well. It seems we dodged a bullet. | 看来我们刚避开了横祸 |
[05:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:41] | It seems so. | 似乎是 |
[05:51] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[05:54] | Gettin’ back to work. | 继续干活 |
[06:00] | We have a trial in the morning. | 明早我们有个审讯 |
[06:11] | You’ll testify first. And then we’ll be calling our doctors. | 你会先出庭作证 然后我们传召医生 |
[06:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:15] | Just speak from the heart Karen. | 把你心里的话说出来就可以了 Karen |
[06:17] | Emotion is the strongest part of our case. | 情感是我们这案子的杀手锏 |
[06:20] | We don’t really have a case,do we Eleanor? | 我事实上没有什么机会 对吗 Eleanor? |
[06:26] | Ah! Counselor?! | 啊 控方律师 |
[06:29] | Excuse me please. | 失陪 |
[06:33] | I apologize for my client pulling the offer,last minute like that,ahh. | 我为我的委托人在最后一分钟拒绝赔偿而道歉 |
[06:39] | We really didn’t see it coming. | 我们真的没有预计到 |
[06:40] | Right. | 是的 |
[06:42] | Three hundred thousand,sealed,we’re done, | 30万 保密 我们就解决了 |
[06:46] | we can get a drink,patch up our differences. | 我们可以坐下来喝一杯 慢慢讨论我们之间的分歧 |
[06:50] | I can’t go three hundred. But how about zero? | 我给不了30万 一毛都不给如何? |
[06:54] | Does zero work for you? | 零 你觉得怎么样? |
[07:01] | He’s been arrested. | 他被拘捕了 |
[07:03] | – Who? – Ted Grayson. | – 谁? |
[07:05] | Mr Knifeman. Victim was a CPA,staffed in an alley, | 刀子先生 证人是在那巷子里工作的注册会计师 |
[07:09] | witnesses evidently saw Teddy, | 显然当晚证人看见了Teddy |
[07:11] | and reported his license plate. | 而且举报了他的车牌号码 |
[07:13] | So they’ve got him in custody? | 所以警方已经把他拘留? |
[07:15] | Yes. And he called asking for you. | 是的 而且他打电话来找你 |
[07:19] | Seems that he didn’t find other representation. | 似乎他并没有找到人愿意代理该案件 |
[07:21] | Did they recover the knife? | 警方找到那把刀了吗? |
[07:22] | No. No sign of the knife. | 没有 没有那把刀的踪迹 |
[07:26] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:26] | You might have to cover the arraignment. | 你来负责传讯 |
[07:29] | I’m in trial here. | 我这要开庭审讯了 |
[07:30] | But I’m not licensed. | 但我没有律师牌照 |
[07:30] | It’s just an arraignment. | 传讯而已 |
[07:32] | Also,find out anything and everything you can about Mr. Grayson. | 还有 尽你所能调查关于Grayson的一切事情 |
[07:36] | – Alan! – I’m comin’. | -这就来 |
[07:38] | I’ll see you at the arraignment. | 传讯的时候见 |
[07:45] | My husband was very depressed about his job. | 我丈夫因为工作而变得意志消沉 |
[07:47] | He hated the insurance business to begin with | 首先 他讨厌保险行业 |
[07:51] | and when his performance declined,he just went into a tailspin. | 而当他的表现走下坡路时 他的精神状况也变的混乱 |
[07:56] | Did he get treatment? | 他有去治疗吗? |
[07:57] | Yes. He saw a doctor who prescribed Lairatol,an antidepressant. | 有 医生给他给开了Lairatol 一种抗抑郁药 |
[08:01] | Did that help? | 情况有改善吗? |
[08:02] | No. Almost immediately after taking it,he became more agitated. | 没有 几乎在他开始服用抗抑郁药的那刻起 他变得很容易激动 |
[08:08] | Volatile. | 反复无常 |
[08:10] | about week after he was on it he struck me. | 服用两个星期后 他打我了 |
[08:13] | He struck you? | 他打你? |
[08:14] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:16] | Which was so not him. | 他完全变了 |
[08:18] | Paul was¡ | Paul 他… |
[08:20] | He never showed any signs of being hostile. | 他从来没有显现出敌意 |
[08:23] | Certainly not violent! | 更不可能有暴力倾向 |
[08:25] | What happened then? | 接下来发生什么? |
[08:26] | He started to getting into altercations at work, | 他在工作的时候与人发生争吵 |
[08:29] | and was subsequently fired. | 随后就被解雇了 |
[08:32] | That’s when he started¡ | 就在那时他开始… |
[08:35] | That’s when he said he wanted to kill his boss. | 他开始说要杀掉他的上司 |
[08:38] | Did you think about calling the police? | 你有想过报警吗? |
[08:41] | No. | 没有 |
[08:43] | Because as I said I couldn’t even fathom that he would¡ | 因为 就如我所说 我从没想到他会… |
[08:48] | Later that night he turned the gun on himself. | 就在那晚 他用枪结束了自己的生命 |
[08:54] | And you blame the drug Lairatol? | 你把这归咎于抗抑郁药 Lairatol? |
[08:57] | It transformed him from a kind,docile man, | 这药把他从一个和蔼可亲 |
[09:02] | into a volatile,violent person, | 变成脾气古怪 有暴力倾向的人 |
[09:05] | immediately after he started taking it | 就在他开始服用之后 |
[09:08] | I know it was the drug. | 我知道是这药的缘故 |
[09:12] | Your husband was very depressed over work? | 你丈夫因为工作变得很消沉? |
[09:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:16] | Depressed before taking the Lairatol? | 服用Lairatol之前就感觉消沉吗? |
[09:19] | – Yes but he¡ – Thank you. | – 是 但他… – 谢谢 |
[09:20] | Did he ever hurt anybody after taking the drug Lairatol? | 在他服用Lairatol之后有伤过人吗? |
[09:24] | He struck me once. | 他打过我 |
[09:25] | He struck you? | 他打你了? |
[09:27] | With his fist? Open hand? | 用拳头?还是掌掴? |
[09:30] | Open hand. | 掌掴 |
[09:31] | Were you injured? | 你当时受伤了吗? |
[09:32] | – Physically,no. But my children were¡ – Thank you. | – 没有身体上的伤 但是我的孩子们当时… – 谢谢 |
[09:35] | Did he tell you that he purchased a gun to shoot his employer? | 他是否曾经告诉你 他买枪要去射杀他的雇主? |
[09:39] | No! | 没有 |
[09:40] | He said he bought it for personal protection. But this¡ | 他说只是为了人身安全 但这… |
[09:42] | Which you had encouraged. | 你鼓励他这么做了? |
[09:44] | Am I right? | 我说的对吗? |
[09:45] | There had been a rash of break-ins in your neighborhood? | 那段时间 你家附近发生好几宗入屋盗窃案件吗? |
[09:48] | Yes! | 是的 |
[09:49] | But he was talking about committing murder! | 但他谈及的是谋杀! |
[09:51] | That isn’t personal protection. | 而非人身保护 |
[09:53] | Just so that we’re clear. | 让我理清一下 |
[09:56] | He bought the gun for personal protection, | 他为了人身安全而买了枪 |
[09:58] | then he became very depressed,then he turned the gun on himself? | 然后他变的意志消沉 随即用那把枪了结了自己吗? |
[10:02] | He turned the gun on himself after consuming your client’s product. | 他是在服用了你客户的产品之后自杀的 |
[10:05] | Your husband’s insurance doesn’t cover suicide,does it Mrs Evanson? | Evanson太太 你丈夫的保险赔偿不包括自杀 对吧 |
[10:11] | With inexplicable tragedies people often find the need to asses blame, | 遭受突然打击的人需要发泄 |
[10:18] | and sometimes they have the need to find money. | 有时候他们也需要钱 |
[10:21] | Objection! | 反对! |
[10:22] | Withdrawn. | 收回刚说的话 |
[10:24] | Tell me Mrs Evanson. | Evanson太太 请问 |
[10:27] | Why didn’t you just sue the doctor who prescribed the medication? | 你为什么不起诉开处方的医生 |
[10:32] | Pockets not deep enough? | 油水不够多? |
[10:34] | Objection! | 反对! |
[10:35] | Sustained. | 有效 |
[10:38] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 |
[10:51] | I didn’t do it. I promise you. | 我没杀人 我向你保证 |
[10:53] | Can you tell me why you were spotted in the area? | 你能告诉我你为什么在那出现吗? |
[10:56] | I was there,but it wasn’t me. | 我当时在那 但人不是我杀的 |
[10:58] | Who was it then? | 那是谁呢? |
[10:59] | It was¡ It was the knife. | 是…是那把刀 |
[11:02] | The knife. | 那把刀 |
[11:04] | I held the knife. | 我拿着那把刀 |
[11:05] | It was in my hand. But I swear all I meant to do was to threaten him. | 它在我手里 但我发誓我只想吓吓他 |
[11:09] | To get money. | 弄点钱 |
[11:12] | This knife is evil. | 那刀是恶魔 |
[11:13] | It’s done this before. | 之前就试过了 |
[11:15] | The knife has killed before? | 那刀之前杀过人吗? |
[11:17] | It’s tried. Yeah. | 尝试过 |
[11:19] | Which is the reason I can’t have it in my hand. | 那就是我为什么不能留着它的原因 |
[11:23] | You know where it is don’t you? | 你知道它在哪儿 是吧 |
[11:25] | If I were to know where it is,Mr. Grayson, | Grayson先生 如果我知道它在哪儿的话 |
[11:28] | I would be duty-bound to tell. | 我有责任说出来 |
[11:30] | Let’s not have me know. Are we clear? | 不要让我知道 清楚吗? |
[11:35] | Listen. | 听着 |
[11:37] | You talk to nobody other than my assistant Tara Wilson and me. | 除了我及我的助手Tara Wilson 你不能跟任何人讲话 |
[11:49] | This is important. | 这很重要 |
[11:52] | Okay. | 知道了 |
[11:54] | Two robberies and one prior assault. | 两宗打劫 之前还有伤人 |
[11:57] | On each occasion he claims to have heard voices. | 每次他都声称听见声音 |
[12:00] | He’s been fired from every job he’s ever had. | 每份工作最后都是被解雇 |
[12:02] | What’s his diagnosis? | 他的诊断结果呢? |
[12:04] | He’s never been treated. | 他从没接受过治疗 |
[12:06] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么? |
[12:07] | For his prior crimes they just threw him into prison. | 之前的案件 他们都直接把他送进牢里 |
[12:10] | I talked to his mother. | 我跟他妈妈聊过 |
[12:11] | She says that he’s been crazy since he was three. | 他妈妈说他自三岁起就疯了 |
[12:13] | Apparently she couldn’t afford a doctor, | 很显然 她请不起医生 |
[12:15] | but that’s a little unclear because she seems fairly unstable herself. | 但这也有点不太肯定 因为她似乎也不太稳定 |
[12:18] | Are you telling me this man has never been treated? Ever? | 你要告诉我这男人从没接受过治疗?从未曾有? |
[12:25] | I don’t prescribe Lairatol anymore. | 我不再开Lairatol的处方 |
[12:27] | But you did with Paul Evanson? | 但是你给Paul Evanson开了? |
[12:28] | Yes. But,after his suicide I began to dig around | 是的 在他自杀后我开始调查 |
[12:33] | and uncovered anecdotal evidence of patients becoming violent. | 发现一些病人变得有暴力倾向的轶事证据 |
[12:37] | Doctor after Paul Evanson started taking the drug, | 医生 自从Paul Evanson服用此药以后 |
[12:41] | what did you observe? | 你观察到什么了? |
[12:42] | He definitely became more agitated,erratic. | 他明显变得容易激动 神经质 |
[12:46] | I didn’t suspect the drug until it was too late. | 当我怀疑这药的时候 已经太晚了 |
[12:50] | In your patient notes,you never described Mr. Evanson as becoming more violent? | 在你签注的病历上 你从未提及Evanson有暴力倾向的迹象吗? |
[12:55] | I believe I noted the agitation as well as¡ | 我想我有注明患者容易激动 就像… |
[12:57] | Did you ever observe any acts of violence? | 你有观察到任何暴力倾向的行为吗? |
[13:01] | No. | 没有 |
[13:02] | As a matter of fact you attributed his increased agitation | 实际上 你把他变得容易激动 |
[13:06] | to his depression, his despondency over his job. | 归咎于他工作上所带来的意志消沉 |
[13:09] | Did you not doctor? | 是这样吗 医生 |
[13:10] | I changed my position on that after uncovering the anecdotal evidence. | 我发现那些轶事证据后就调职了 |
[13:14] | Anecdotal evidence. | 轶事证据 |
[13:14] | How many instances did you uncover where Lairitol caused the patient | 你揭发了因为Lairitol而变得 |
[13:19] | to become more violent? | 有暴力倾向的病例 |
[13:21] | Thirty-three. | 33个 |
[13:22] | Thirty-three. | 33个 |
[13:22] | And in those thirty-three cases, | 那在这33个病例里 |
[13:26] | how many stated to a medical conclusion that | 又有多少个拥有医学论断 |
[13:28] | Lairitol was the cause of the violence? | 是因为Lairitol诱发暴力倾向呢? |
[13:31] | None were medical conclusions because¡ | 没有医学论断是因为… |
[13:33] | – Thank you doctor. – Wait! I would like to finish. | – 谢谢 医生 – 等等 请让我说完 |
[13:38] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[13:39] | In all of those cases there were other variable which prevented a conclusive finding. | 那些都是多变性的病例 阻碍我们得到决定性的定论 |
[13:44] | But Lairitol was the common denominator. | 然而Lairitol是常见的诱因 |
[13:46] | And it in each case it was cited as the likely cause. | 而且在每个案例里面它都被引述为最可能的致病原因 |
[13:50] | How many times in your best estimate has Lairitol been prescribed? | 你有多少诊断是推荐服用Lairitol? |
[13:56] | Thousands. | 几千个 |
[13:56] | Perhaps hundreds of thousands? | 或许上万个? |
[13:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:58] | And with these hundreds of thousands of usages you were able to find… | 在上万个服用这药的病例中你能找到… |
[14:04] | thirty-three. | 33个 |
[14:06] | None of which conclusively found a nexus between Lairitol and violence. | 没有一个能明确找到Lairitol与暴力倾向的之间的联系 |
[14:13] | Is that correct doctor? | 我说的对吗 医生 |
[14:14] | Correct. | 是的 |
[14:15] | How many studies are you aware of that conclude the drug is unsafe. | 据你所知有多少学术研究报告断定这药不安全? |
[14:20] | None. But¡ | 没有 但是… |
[14:20] | How many studies are you aware of that conclude the drug is safe? | 那据你所知又有多少学术研究报告断定这药安全? |
[14:24] | Many. Most funded by the manufacturer,your client. | 很多 大部分是出自制造商 你委托人的手笔 |
[14:28] | Do have evidence to suggest that these studies were not conducted fairly? | 有证据证明这些学术研究报告是不公正的吗? |
[14:35] | No. | 没有 |
[14:39] | The problem is we have no scientific evidence. | 问题在于我们没有科学上的证据 |
[14:41] | Even if we could prove the drug is unsafe. | 尽管我们可能可以证明这药是不安全的 |
[14:44] | Proving it’s unreasonably unsafe. | 证明这要尽管对很多人有疗效 |
[14:47] | Given the good it’s done many people. | 但仍然是非常不安全的 |
[14:49] | What about the negligence theory? | 用玩忽职守这个说法呢? |
[14:50] | The problem there is there’s nothing to show they could foresee any danger. | 问题是现在拿不出证据证明这危害是可以预见的 |
[14:57] | We barely survived summary judgment. | 我们很勉强才通过即决判决 |
[15:00] | What are you asking me to do here? | 那你要我来这干嘛? |
[15:02] | It’s not like I have an offer to accept. | 看样子根本就没有条件让我来接受 |
[15:05] | What am I supposed to do? | 我还可以做什么? |
[15:07] | Nothing. | 什么都不能做 |
[15:09] | I guess we’re just bracing you. | 我想我们只是在安慰你 |
[15:17] | You said you’d get something. | 你说你会从他们那得到点什么的 |
[15:20] | I thought we would. | 我以为我们可以 |
[15:23] | I have no money. | 我没有钱 |
[15:25] | It’s like he said,the insurance doesn’t cover suicide. | 就像他说的 自杀保险是不赔偿的 |
[15:30] | I have three children to raise. | 我还得抚养三个孩子 |
[15:36] | I have three kids. | 我有三个孩子 |
[15:44] | We waive reading your honor and request a probably cause hearing. | 法官大人 我们放弃宣读罪名 并要求对警方拘捕的合理性召开听证会 |
[15:47] | We’d also ask for a reasonable bail. | 同时我们提出保释当事人的要求 |
[15:49] | Excuse me Ms Wilson,but I’m informed you’re not a member of the bar. | 恕我失礼 Wilson小姐 但是据我所知 你还不没有律师资格 |
[15:52] | I’m only here to enter a plea. | 我只是提出抗辩 |
[15:54] | And to file Alan Shore’s appearance. | 及提交Alan Shore的资料 |
[15:55] | No need your honor. I’m here. | 法官大人 不需要了 我来了 |
[15:57] | What I miss? | 我错过了什么? |
[15:58] | Mr. Shore. This is a homicide case. | Shore先生 这是一起凶杀案 |
[16:01] | You have better things to do? | 难道你还有比这更重要的事吗? |
[16:02] | Actually I was searching for the real killer your honor. | 法官大人 实际上 我刚在找寻真正的凶手 |
[16:04] | With OJ. | 和OJ一块 (OJ 辛普森在杀妻案中成功脱罪) |
[16:08] | Probable cause hearing is scheduled for tomorrow. | 关于警方拘捕合理性的听证会于明天 |
[16:11] | Ten o’clock. | 10点召开 |
[16:12] | Your honor. Before we adjourn,we have a subpoena for Mr. Shore. | 法官大人 在休庭前 我有张给Shore先生的传票 |
[16:16] | Mr Grayson was pursued by the police,into Mr. Shore’s building,Tuesday night. | 周二晚上 Grayson先生被警方追捕时 进入Shore办公的大厦了 |
[16:21] | Mr. Shore denied to the police that the suspect entered his office. | Shore先生否认嫌疑人进入其办公室 |
[16:24] | Today by the most stunning of coincidences | 今天又极之巧合地 |
[16:27] | we find Mr. Shore representing the defendant. | 让我们发现Shore先生成了被告辩护律师 |
[16:29] | Your honor,I have no obligation to tell the police anything about a client so¡ | 法官大人 我无义务告诉警方任何关于我客户的情况… |
[16:31] | We believe Mr. Shore may have information as to the whereabouts of the murder weapon. | 我们相信Shore先生 有关于凶器下落的信息 |
[16:35] | Mr Grayson was overheard talking in jail, | Grayson在监狱里谈及恶魔之刀 |
[16:38] | about an evil knife that was in his lawyer’ office. | 藏在他律师的办公室的话被偷听到了 |
[16:41] | Overheard? Where was that? | 偷听? 在哪儿? |
[16:42] | Standing around the water cooler? | 站在水冷器边上吗? |
[16:44] | Chambers. | 到会议室 |
[16:50] | What’d we say about talking Ted? | Ted 记得我们刚说过的话吗? |
[16:56] | Do you have the murder weapon counsel? | 凶器在你那吗 辩护律师? |
[16:58] | We don’t admit there was a murder your honor. | 法官大人 我们不承认发生过凶杀案 |
[17:00] | And if there was? | 如果有凶杀案的话? |
[17:02] | We don’t admit that it was accomplished with a knife. | 我们不承认是一把刀所导致的 |
[17:04] | And if it was? We don’t admit the knife exists. | 如果是由刀导致的? 我们不承认这刀的存在 |
[17:08] | And if it does? We don’t admit that we have it. | 如果这刀存在? 我们不承认在我们那 |
[17:11] | You don’t have the right to conceal evidence. | 你没有权利隐藏证据 |
[17:13] | I have the duty not to incriminate my client. | 我有责任不指控我的委托人 |
[17:16] | We’re asking for evidence. Not testimony. | 我们要的是证据 不是证词 |
[17:18] | The case law says, | 诉讼法有写到 |
[17:19] | “A defendant cannot be forced by subpoena to turn over a weapon. “ | “不得以传票迫使被告人交出武器 “ |
[17:24] | But we can force the lawyer. | 但我们能强迫律师 |
[17:27] | Do you have the knife,Mr. Shore? | 你拿那刀了吗 Shore先生? |
[17:30] | Frisk me! | 搜我身吧! |
[17:31] | Is the knife in your office? | 到在你办公室吗? |
[17:33] | I don’t know. | 不知道. |
[17:34] | You don’t know? | 你不知道? |
[17:35] | If there is a knife your honor. And I’m not saying there is. | 法官大人 如果那有一把刀 我不是承认那有 |
[17:39] | I have no actual or constructive knowledge as to it’s whereabouts. | 我不知道它在哪 无论是实际上或推测得知 |
[17:50] | Do you have it? | 你拿了吗? |
[17:50] | I do not. | 没有 |
[17:52] | Where is it? | 刀在哪儿? |
[17:55] | It may be in the conference room. | 或许在会议室 |
[17:58] | So I would encourage us all not to go in there. | 因此我建议大伙不要进去 |
[18:00] | Because if we have actual knowledge that it’s in our possession | 因为倘若我们得知其确切所在 它就是我们的了 |
[18:05] | we of course, would have a duty to turn it over. | 当然 我们有责任把它交出来 |
[18:08] | So,what? | 然后呢? |
[18:10] | Your going,’wink,wink’ and pretending you don’t know? | 你要昧着良心假装不知道刀的下落吗? |
[18:13] | I don’t know Jimmy. Not for a fact. | 我不知道 Jimmy 事实上不知道 |
[18:16] | And you’re purposely not looking for it? | 而你故意不去找它 |
[18:18] | Exactly. | 确实如此 |
[18:19] | Ignorance is not only bliss,it happens to be constitutional. | 无知不仅是福佑 它也是被宪法保护的 |
[18:25] | Alan. | |
[18:25] | Mike! Hello. Thanks for coming. | Mike 你好 很高兴你能来 |
[18:29] | Would you excuse me please. | 失陪一下 |
[18:31] | Right this way Mike. | 这边 Mike |
[18:38] | I do not approve of this person. | 我十分不赞同这人 |
[18:43] | Could you do me a favor and call me Michael in front of other people? | 当帮帮忙 在别人面前叫我Michael好吗? |
[18:46] | I’m tryin’ to come off,you know,more respectful. | 我想更被尊重 |
[18:48] | Respectable. Certainly. | 值得尊敬 确实 |
[18:51] | Well. What can I do for you? | 嗯 我能帮你什么? |
[18:53] | I’d like to avail myself of your Silent Deploy’ program. | 我想从你“沉默部署”计划中谋点福利 |
[18:57] | Is this for something illegal? | 是要做非法的事吗? |
[18:59] | Michael. How could you ask me such a thing? | Michael 你怎么能这样问呢? |
[19:02] | Ah,yeah. | 啊 对 |
[19:04] | You got the email address? | 你有邮箱地址吗? |
[19:05] | I have several. | 好几个 |
[19:08] | I mean how illegal is it? What we’re plannin’ to do here? | 我意思是有多非法? 我们准备干嘛? |
[19:10] | Michael. You know me. | Michael 你了解我 |
[19:20] | Just stall them for as long as you can. | 只要尽你可能拖延他们 |
[19:21] | Stall them. But he didn’t like it that you were late the last time. | 拖延他们 你上次迟到已让他们很不高兴了 |
[19:24] | I’ll be there. | 我会到的 |
[19:24] | What’s goin’ on? | 发生什么事? |
[19:25] | Eleanor,I have marvelous news. | Eleanor 我有天大的好消息 |
[19:28] | They’re suddenly offering to settle? | 他们突然同意赔偿吗? |
[19:29] | Not yet. But they will. | 还没 但他们会的 |
[19:30] | Mr. Colby is in your office,as we speak. | 就在我们讲话的时候 MColby先生已经在你办公室了 |
[19:33] | Off you go Tara. I’ll be there shortly. | 你先走吧Tara 我马上就到 |
[19:35] | He’s in my office? | 他在我办公室? |
[19:36] | I think you’ll be very pleased. Let’s go. | 我想你会为此而高兴 来吧 |
[19:44] | If this is a waste of my time. | 别让我觉得这是在浪费我时间 |
[19:46] | I assure you it isn’t. | 我敢保证不会 |
[19:47] | I’m doing you a favor Mr. Colby. | 我在帮你呢 Colby先生 |
[19:49] | You’ll perhaps wanna buy me that drink after all. | 搞不好 到头来你想请我喝杯什么 |
[19:52] | I’m not a morning person. | 我不是早起的人 |
[19:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:55] | I was going through the voluminous discovery late last night, | 我昨晚查阅了很多资料 |
[19:58] | and I found this included among the multitude of various medical studies. | 我在众多的医学研究报告里找到这个 |
[20:04] | It’s quite helpful. Though,not to you. | 很有用 尽管 不是对你而言 |
[20:09] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[20:10] | It’s a letter! | 是封信! |
[20:11] | Addressed to you in fact,from your client concerning Lairitol. | 实际上是你的委托人寄给你的 内容与Lairitol有关 |
[20:17] | Acknowledging a small percentage of violent ideations and suicidal tendencies.. | 承认有小部分服用过的人有构成暴力及自杀倾向… |
[20:27] | Tick. Tick. Boom. | 嘀 嘀 砰 |
[20:34] | How did you get this? | 你怎么得到的? |
[20:35] | I just told you. | 我刚说了 |
[20:37] | This is from general counsel,to me. | 这是对方法律顾问给我的邮件 |
[20:41] | It’s work product. | 是公文 |
[20:42] | We never turned this over. | 我们从没有公开 |
[20:44] | You must have. I have it. | 你定是公开了 它在我手上 |
[20:45] | I asked you question before. | 我先问你问题的 |
[20:49] | How did you get this? | 你怎么得到的? |
[20:51] | Your client acknowledged a violent,possibly suicidal nexus between the drug¡ | 你的委托人承认这药有可能导致暴力及自杀 |
[20:56] | This is privileged. | 这是我专属信件 |
[20:57] | Gee… | 咦… |
[20:59] | If you’re right it would be malpractice then,for you to give it to me? | 如果是这样的话 那你把它给我了 就是你玩忽职守咯? |
[21:02] | Ouch! And your reputation has been so spotless to now. | 噢! 你的名誉还会像现在这么无暇吗 |
[21:07] | Two million dollars Robert. | 两百万 Robert |
[21:09] | You don’t want the jury to hear that your people knew about the inherit dangers. | 你不想让陪审团听到 你的人知道这药的潜在危险 |
[21:14] | Think of the punitives,Robert. | 想想你所将得到的惩罚 Robert |
[21:16] | This is inadmissible. | 这简直不可理喻 |
[21:18] | I’m bringing a motion in limonene to squash it. | 我会发出动议让你们闭嘴的 |
[21:22] | And I will not be blackmailed. | 我不会接受被勒索的 |
[21:23] | Mmm. Strategic mistake. | 嗯 战略性错误 |
[21:33] | Alan? Where’d you get that document? | Alan? 你在哪儿得到那份文件的? |
[21:36] | I’m late for a probable cause hearing on Mr. Knife. | 关于刀子先生合法性的听证会 我快要迟到了 |
[21:39] | I’d love it if you could start to prepare our response to Mr. Colby’s motion. | 如果你能着手准备应对Colby先生 的动议 我会很高兴的 |
[21:42] | Could you help me on that? | 你能帮忙吗? |
[21:49] | I saw him running. | 我看着他逃跑的 |
[21:50] | The defendant? | 被告吗? |
[21:50] | Yes. He jumped into his car and he just sped off. | 是的 他跳上车然后加速离去 |
[21:54] | Are you absolutely sure that this is the man you saw running. | 你确实肯定这就是你看见他逃跑的男子吗 |
[21:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:00] | Did you see him run out of the alley or simply on the street. | 你看见他从巷子里跑出来还是 只是在街上看到他 |
[22:02] | Just on the street. | 只是在街上 |
[22:04] | And when the police pulled up seconds later, | 几秒后 警察追上来时 |
[22:05] | you said,”That’s him in that car. “ | 你说了 “就是他 在车里” |
[22:07] | Yes. And they took off after him. | 是的 然后他们追着他去了 |
[22:09] | And when you said,”That’s him. “ | 但你说 “就是他”的时候 |
[22:11] | Why did you think the police wanted him? | 你怎么知道警察要抓他? |
[22:15] | Well. Because he was running away. | 嗯 因为他在跑啊 |
[22:17] | So when the police screeched up I put two and two together. | 当听到警察喊抓人的时候 我就把他们联系起来了 |
[22:20] | Ah ha! Two and two. | 啊 哈 联系起来了 |
[22:24] | We entered his apartment. He immediately tried to flee. | 我们进入他公寓的时候 他立马尝试逃跑 |
[22:27] | He shouted,”It wasn’t me. “ | 他喊 “不是我做的” |
[22:28] | It wasn’t me? | 不是我做的? |
[22:29] | We apprehended him; we noticed a bruise on his face. | 我们把他拘捕 并留意到他脸上有瘀伤 |
[22:33] | We also found seven hundred dollars in cash on his kitchen table. | 我们还在他厨房的桌子上发现700元现金 |
[22:38] | A bruise and money? Is that all? | 一块瘀伤和现金?就这么多? |
[22:40] | That,and a prior record for armed robberies. | 还有持械打劫的犯罪记录 |
[22:42] | I see. Did that factor into your making the arrest? | 我明白了 这都成为逮捕他的因素吗? |
[22:45] | His prior record? | 他的犯罪记录? |
[22:46] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:47] | Your honor at this time,I ask that you dismiss the charges with prejudice and an apology. | 法官大人 这次我以歧视为由请求撤销控罪 并要求控方对我当事人道歉 |
[22:52] | You can step down officer. | 你可以下去了 警官 |
[22:56] | Do you have anything else? | 你还有别的吗? |
[22:57] | Your honor the suspect’s prior record can factor into reasonable suspicion. | 法官大人 被告的犯罪记录可作为合理嫌疑考虑 |
[23:01] | Perhaps to search him. | 或许也作为搜查他的合理原由 |
[23:02] | He was spotted running from the scene! | 有人目击他逃离犯罪现场 |
[23:04] | He then ran from the police. | 然后逃离警方的追捕 |
[23:05] | The prosecution had no case. | 这起诉根本不成立 |
[23:07] | Running down a street is not evidence of a murder. | 在街上跑过不能作为凶杀案的证据 |
[23:11] | You don’t even have enough to call him a person of interest. | 你甚至没有足够的理由称他与这案子有牵连 |
[23:14] | I could be wrong on that. | 我也许是错的 |
[23:16] | Alright. Look. There are several issues in play here. | 好吧 听着 现在有这么几件事悬而未决 |
[23:19] | I’m going to take this under advisement. | 我决定休庭听取意见 |
[23:22] | We’ll reconvene at three o’clock. | 3点复庭 |
[23:27] | What does that mean? | 什么意思啊? |
[23:28] | It means he’s gonna think about it. | 意味他要考虑一下 |
[23:30] | In meantime,you do not speak to anybody. | 同时 你不能跟任何人说话 |
[23:34] | Okay. It’s just that sometimes it helps for me to talk. | 好的 只是有时候跟人说话对我有帮助 |
[23:37] | You cannot do that. | 你不能这么做 |
[23:42] | Ted,if I succeed in keeping you out of prison,I need you to promise me | Ted 如果我成功帮你免去牢狱之灾 你要答应我 |
[23:47] | you’ll go to a hospital. | 去医院接受治疗 |
[23:49] | A mental hospital? | 精神病院? |
[23:51] | We need to make you safe from the voices. | 我们要你免受那些声音的困扰 |
[23:56] | From the knife. | 恶魔之刀的困扰 |
[24:07] | I don’t know how he got it,but clearly it’s privileged. | 我不知道他怎么得到的 这很显然是机密文件 |
[24:10] | It’s not discoverable. | 不可能被找到 |
[24:13] | And for it to be admitted¡ | 鉴于他被承认… |
[24:14] | You disclosed it? | 你把它公开了吗? |
[24:15] | He’s saying we did. It’s my suspicion however¡ | 据他说是的 但我怀疑… |
[24:18] | How did you get the letter,Mr. Shore? | Shore先生 你是怎么得到这封信的? |
[24:20] | Discovery. | 意外发现 |
[24:22] | Your honor. Even if you were to find this correspondence to be work product | 法官大人 尽管这封信是公文 |
[24:25] | the opinion has to be based on some study. | 其意见也是建立在一些学术研究的基础上 |
[24:28] | We wasn’t that study turned over to us? | 为什么这些研究不交给我们呢? |
[24:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:34] | You don’t know. | 你不知道 |
[24:36] | Did you ask general counsel? | 你问过对方法律顾问的意见吗? |
[24:37] | No. | 没有 |
[24:40] | Because what you don’t know helps you. | 你说不知道倒帮了自己 |
[24:43] | This is a letter written from lawyer to lawyer, | 这是律师与律师之间的信件 |
[24:47] | black and white work product. | 白纸黑字的公文 |
[24:49] | I am more troubled by your client concealing evidence. | 我更担心的是你的委托人隐藏证据 |
[24:54] | I don’t know what you do and don’t have Mr Colby, | Colby先生 我不知道你确切拥有或不拥有什么 |
[24:56] | but the letter is admitted. | 这封信被法庭承认了 |
[25:01] | Now might be a good time to chat. | 这或许是谈话的好时机了 |
[25:08] | What’s goin’ on? | 进展如何? |
[25:09] | Opposing counsel is meeting with the defendant. | 对方律师正与被告开会 |
[25:12] | We’re expecting an offer at two o’clock. | 估计两点能拿到赔偿议案 |
[25:14] | Really?! That’s fantastic! | 真的?! 那太好了! |
[25:16] | Yes. It is.. | 嗯 是的 |
[25:17] | Alan can I talk to you for a second? | Alan能跟你聊两句吗? |
[25:22] | Well,not in that room, | 嗯 不要去会议室 |
[25:23] | it might contain evil. | 搞不好里面有恶魔 |
[25:26] | My office. | 我办公室 |
[25:32] | Where did you get that document? | 你在哪儿的到那份文件? |
[25:36] | you don’t wanna know. | 你不会想知道的 |
[25:37] | Dammit Alan. | 去你的 Alan |
[25:38] | I’ve had enough of not knowing. | 我不知道的已经够多了 |
[25:43] | You and I are friends,in addition to being colleagues, | 我们是朋友 现又成了同事 |
[25:46] | so I’m asking you to be straight with me. | 你得向我坦白 |
[25:51] | Where did you get it? | 在哪儿弄的? |
[25:53] | There’s a software program called ‘Silent Deploy’. | 有个软件叫“沉默部署” |
[25:57] | Basically you can target somebody else’s computer; | 基本上你可以设定任何人的电脑为目标 |
[25:59] | all you need is their email address. | 只要你有他们的邮箱地址 |
[26:02] | I went into Mr. Colby’s computer last night and hit pay dirt. | 我昨晚进入Colby的电脑 并偶遇发横财的机会 |
[26:07] | You broke into somebody’s computer | 你闯入某人的电脑 |
[26:09] | and you stole their private correspondence? | 并盗取他们的私人信件? |
[26:12] | I feel ashamed. | 我为此感到羞耻 |
[26:13] | But compared to concealing evidence that a drug is potentially lethal? | 但与隐藏药物有潜在致命危险的证据比较起来呢? |
[26:17] | Alan! | |
[26:18] | I don’t even know what to do with you! | 我简直不知道该拿你怎么办! |
[26:20] | Eleanor? You are my friend. | Eleanor 你是我的朋友 |
[26:23] | I want you to be a friend to Karen Evanson here. | 此刻 我要你成为Karen Evanson的朋友 |
[26:27] | If you insist on exalting your ethical duties as a member of the bar? | 如果你坚持发扬作为法庭一员的道德精神 |
[26:31] | I need you to excuse yourself from this case. | 我不希望你插手该案子 |
[26:34] | Why? | 为什么? |
[26:35] | Because,swiping this document? Is just the beginning. | 因为 偷窃文件 仅仅是个开始 |
[26:42] | What are you gonna do now? | 你现在要干嘛? |
[26:56] | I can’t urge you enough not to be present for this. | 我强烈建议你待会不要在场 |
[26:58] | Oh I will be very present. | 哦 我一定得在场 |
[27:01] | In that case I need you to make me a promise. | 以防万一我需要向我保证 |
[27:04] | What? | 什么? |
[27:05] | Don’t speak. | 不要出声 |
[27:07] | If I have something to say Alan¡ | 如果我有话要说呢 Alan… |
[27:09] | You’ll have nothing helpful to say in that room. | 你说的话不会有任何帮助 |
[27:20] | I’m sorry. Can I¡ | 抱歉 请问… |
[27:21] | I know where the room is. Thank you. | 我知道怎么走 谢谢 |
[27:37] | Who are these people? | 这些人是谁? |
[27:39] | Members of my firm. | 我公司的员工 |
[27:40] | Excuse them. | 让他们出去 |
[27:42] | They’re part of my legal team. | 他们是我法律团队的一份子 |
[27:44] | Excuse them. | 让他们出去 |
[27:47] | Sorry. You can go. | 抱歉 你们可以走了 |
[27:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:03] | I presume you have a number? | 我想你有数字了? |
[28:05] | One three. Sealed. No admission. | 13万 保密 不得声张 |
[28:08] | Very nice. | 很好 |
[28:10] | But for a billion dollar pharmaceutical company? | 但对于市值超过十亿的制药公司来说 |
[28:12] | That’s as high as they’ll go. One three. | 最高只能给到这个数 13万 |
[28:14] | That isn’t true Mr. Colby and we both know it. | 这不是真的 Colby先生 我们都知道 |
[28:17] | If that document becomes public, | 如果公开那份文件 |
[28:19] | it could generate a plethora of new lawsuits. | 或许更多的诉讼将因应而生 |
[28:22] | I typically loathe the word plethora,but when it can be used aggressively¡ | 我也特别讨厌这种说法 但它可以带有攻击性时… |
[28:25] | – Look¡ I’m speaking now. Sir. | – 听着… -我还没说完呢 先生 |
[28:29] | A plaintiff victory would be devastating for you. | 原告诉讼获胜对你来说将是毁灭性的 |
[28:32] | And a settlement sealed or otherwise? | 而保密的和解或别的 |
[28:34] | Would be perceived as a victory. | 将被读解成胜利 |
[28:36] | That’s your worst nightmare! | 那是你的梦魇 |
[28:37] | What you’re desperate for here is a favorable verdict. | 你现在所急切需要的是一个有利的裁决 |
[28:40] | That sends a most chilling message of all to future plaintiffs. Does it not? | 一个会对日后起诉人起到威慑作用的裁决 是吧 |
[28:48] | I will sell you this document for eight million dollars. | 我建议这份文件的售价是800万 |
[28:58] | I beg your pardon. | 你说什么 |
[28:59] | It becomes yours again. | 它将重归于你 |
[29:00] | I won’t introduce it. No doubt you’ll get your verdict. | 我将不引用这文件 毫无疑问 你也会得到你想要的裁决 |
[29:03] | And even more importantly nobody gets foul wind of a very damaging admission. | 更重要的是没人会因事情泄漏而获罪 |
[29:12] | Am I to understand you’re offering to lose this case for eight million? | 我是否可以理解成你开价800万来输掉这场官司? |
[29:16] | You’re going to accept my offer Mr. Colby, | 你会接受我的开价的Colby先生 |
[29:18] | not because you’re dishonest,or ethically challenged like me, | 不是因为你的不诚实 或如我般无道德 |
[29:22] | but because you’re human. | 而因为你是个正常人 |
[29:24] | Because you know this document,should it become public, | 因为你知道 公开这份文件的话 |
[29:27] | would easily cost West Pharmaceuticals in the tens of millions. | 将轻而易举让West Pharmaceuticals公司耗掉数千万 |
[29:31] | Because you know,once your client,your biggest client, | 因为你知道 如果你的客户 最大的客户 |
[29:36] | learns you inadvertently disclosed this to me. | 知道你不慎地向我透漏了信息 |
[29:39] | They will leave you. | 他们将抛弃你 |
[29:40] | The career flashing before your eyes is your own Mr. Colby. | 你的事业将立马变成过眼云烟 Colby先生 |
[29:43] | Eight million dollars. | 800万 |
[29:46] | I’ll rest my case now,we all go home winners. | 我将结束供词 带来双赢的局面 |
[29:49] | And because you are an ethical man? | 鉴于你是个有道德的人 |
[29:51] | You’ll convince your client,to here after warn doctors and consumers | 你会说服你的客户 对医生及消费者们发出警告 |
[29:58] | that studies show violent ideations as a rare but possible side-effect. | 学术研究指出暴力倾向是极少但却可能出现的副作用 |
[30:04] | How about that Mr. Colby? | 你觉得如何呢 Colby先生? |
[30:05] | You get to keep your client,and possibly save a life or two. | 你得以留住客户 或许还能挽回些性命 |
[30:09] | All for the one time offer of eight million dollars. | 800万就能全部搞定 |
[30:16] | Ah. I’d want the cheque today. | 啊 我今天就要拿到支票 |
[30:21] | Where is he? | 他人呢? |
[30:22] | He’ll be here any second your honor. | 法官大人 他马上就到了 |
[30:23] | He’s currently in trial on another matter. | 他正出席另一宗审讯 |
[30:26] | Ms. Wilson,I said three o’clock! | Wilson小姐 我说了3点! |
[30:36] | Step up here Mr. Shore. | 到这来 Shore先生 |
[30:45] | I’m going to ask now as an officer of the court | 我作为法官问你一句 |
[30:48] | and you will answer me subject to the pains and penalties of perjury. | 你的答案关系到你是否会受到作伪证的惩罚 |
[30:53] | Do you have possession of the knife? | 你拥有那把刀吗? |
[30:56] | I do not. | 没有 |
[30:58] | Do you know where it is? | 你知道那刀在哪吗? |
[30:59] | I do not. | 不知道 |
[31:02] | Is it possibly in your office? | 有可能在你办公室吗? |
[31:05] | Possibly. | 有可能 |
[31:08] | Did you look for it? | 你找过那刀吗? |
[31:11] | I did not. | 没有 |
[31:18] | Sit down. | 坐下吧 |
[31:25] | If a lawyer knows he’s been handed a murder weapon, | 如果一名律师得到凶器 |
[31:27] | he’s got to give it to the police. | 他必须将凶器交给警方 |
[31:29] | That’s the law. | 这是法律规定的 |
[31:31] | But he doesn’t have to go looking for it. | 但他没有寻找凶器的必要 |
[31:34] | I cannot order Mr. Shore to provide privileged information | 我不能命令Shore先生提供保密信息 |
[31:39] | leading to the knife’s discovery. | 以便找到那刀的下落 |
[31:43] | Without the weapon,the Commonwealth has offered nothing. | 没有凶器 联邦政府也做不了什么 |
[31:46] | The defendant was seen running in the area. Period. | 被告被看见在一个时期内 一个区域内奔跑 |
[31:51] | The murder charges are dismissed without prejudice. | 在不损害被告利益的情况下 凶杀指控被撤销 |
[31:55] | The reckless endangerment as well as evading the police | 至于危害他人安全及拒绝警察追捕的控罪仍成立 |
[31:58] | those charges stand,I’ll grant Mr. Grayson bail on that. | 我准许Grayson先生保释 |
[32:01] | I do however issue a bench warrant to search Mr. Shore’s law office immediately. | 我会发出法庭搜查令 立即搜查Shore先生的办公室 |
[32:08] | If you find the knife,we can start this whole process again. | 倘若你们找到那把刀 我们将重新开始审判 |
[32:14] | Until then,case dismissed. | 在那之前 此案不受理 |
[32:17] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[32:19] | Okay then. Ted? We made a deal. You get help. | 好 Ted 我们达成协议的 你脱罪了 |
[32:22] | They’re gonna find the knife. | 他们会找到那刀的 |
[32:24] | I wedged it under that conference table. They’ll find it. | 我把它藏在会议室的桌子下面 他们会找到的 |
[32:28] | -You hid the knife under the conference table? -Yeah. | -你把刀藏在会议室的桌子底下? -是的 |
[32:30] | Alan?! The judge has just called us back in. | Alan?! 法官让我们回去 |
[32:34] | Have we heard from Colby? | 我们有Colby的消息吗? |
[32:35] | Give me a second. | 等等 |
[32:38] | They’ll find it. | 他们会找到的 |
[32:39] | All we can do it hope they don’t Ted. | 我们能做的只有希望他们不要找到了 Ted |
[32:40] | In the meantime,Tara’s gonna take you to a hospital. | 同时 Tara会带你去医院 |
[32:42] | I’m arranged for you to be admitted. | 我都帮你安排好接收了 |
[32:44] | The police will come and get me. | 警察会来抓我的 |
[32:45] | If we get you committed,perhaps they won’t. | 如果你被接收了 也许他们就不会来 |
[32:47] | Tara?There a car in front with security. | Tara 警卫室前面有辆车 |
[32:49] | Let’s get you processed out of here. | 我们去办理手续离开这吧 |
[32:51] | I’ll visit you tomorrow. | 我明天会来看你 |
[32:53] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[33:01] | Glad you could make it counsel? | 控方律师 很高兴你能来 |
[33:02] | I took the liberty of bringing the jury in without you. | 在没通知你的情况下 我让陪审团都过来了 |
[33:07] | You may proceed. | 你可以继续 |
[33:10] | I’m not doin’ this. You’re on your own. | 我不要干 你自己搞定 |
[33:16] | The plaintiff rests your honor. | 法官大人 控方结束证词 |
[33:20] | What do you meant you rest? | 结束证词? |
[33:22] | We’ve presented our case in full. We rest. | 我们证词以提呈完毕 所以结束证词 |
[33:29] | What’s goin’ on? | 发生什么事? |
[33:31] | Your honor,I feel conflicted about introducing that document. | 法官大人 关于是否引用那份文件让我很矛盾 |
[33:36] | Clearly,the disclosure was inadvertent,as well as privileged. | 显然 作为保密文件 它的泄露是疏忽所致 |
[33:40] | If the shoe were on the other foot? | 如果换成是我呢? |
[33:41] | If this was ever done to me? | 如果这是别的律师 |
[33:43] | By other lawyer? | 针对我呢? |
[33:45] | You have evidence that could further your client’s case. Likely win it. | 你掌握了可以推动该案的证据 胜算还挺大 |
[33:49] | You have an obligation to use that evidence,Mr. Shore. | 你有义务要用这证据的 Shore先生 |
[33:52] | I’m afraid it will make look unscrupulous,and the jury will punish us. | 我担心那会表现的违背道德 而导致陪审团惩罚我们 |
[33:58] | What’s going on here? | 这到底怎么回事? |
[34:02] | Ms. Frutt? | Frutt小姐? |
[34:02] | I disagree with Mr. Shore. | 我并不同意Shore先生的做法 |
[34:05] | But,it’s his client and ultimately his call. | 但这是他的客户 最后还是他说了算 |
[34:12] | Without that document this doesn’t even get to a jury,counsel. | 你不引用那份文件的话 这案子根本到不了陪审团那一步 |
[34:16] | I will direct a verdict for the defendant. | 我会作出有利于被告的裁决 |
[34:17] | Well. I certainly hope you don’t do that! | 呃 我真的希望你不要这么做! |
[34:19] | Oh,I will do that! | 噢 我会这么做的! |
[34:23] | You haven’t even made a primary face of showing. | 你甚至还没出示任何证据 |
[34:24] | You’ve introduced no scientific evidence. | 你没有任何科学上的证据 |
[34:27] | How in God’s name could you even think of resting? | 天啊 你怎么会想要结束证词? |
[34:30] | Your honor. We hoped for a settlement. They didn’t blink. | 法官大人 我们期待协商解决 他们并没有同意 |
[34:33] | I tipped my hat,but¡ | 于是我灵机一动 但… |
[34:35] | Using this document? | 引用这份文件? |
[34:37] | Ugh. I¡ Ah. | 呃 我 呃… |
[34:39] | As an officer of the court? | 作为法庭中的一员 |
[34:42] | I can’t bring myself to take advantage of it. | 我不会利用这份文件的 |
[34:45] | If you don’t introduce it | 如果你不引用这文件 |
[34:48] | I will direct a verdict against you. | 我会判你败诉 |
[34:52] | And I will recommend that your client pursue a claim for malpractice. | 我还会建议你的委托人以玩忽职守罪名起诉你 |
[35:01] | The plaintiff rests your honor. | 法官大人 原告结束证词 |
[35:15] | I,I,I don’t believe this. | 我 我 我不敢相信这是真的 |
[35:16] | Slip that into your purse Karen. | 快塞进钱包吧Karen |
[35:18] | This whole thing is sealed. We don’t want anybody to find out. | 这都是私下进行的 不要让别人知道 |
[35:20] | Especially the judge. | 尤其是法官 |
[35:21] | The case is over? | 案件结束了? |
[35:23] | They wouldn’t be paying us eight million to continue. | 他们不会付我800万后让我继续打官司的 |
[35:26] | Hah. I,I don’t know how thank you. | 啊 我 我真的不知道该怎么谢你 |
[35:31] | Just go take care of your kids. | 好好照顾你的孩子吧 |
[35:33] | Alan?! | |
[35:36] | Can I¡ hug you? | 我可以…抱你吗? |
[35:39] | No. Ha.I don’t hug clients. | 不不 我不拥抱委托人的 |
[35:40] | I grope them on occasion,but I never hug¡ | 我有时会摸她们 但从不抱… |
[35:56] | This is that man,Eugene. | 就是他害得 Eugene |
[35:58] | Ever since he’s been here. Look at this! | 自从他到这 你看! |
[36:01] | Jimmy,could you perhaps lay off the guy? | Jimmy 你就不能放过这人吗? |
[36:02] | No! I’m sick of this. | 不 我厌恶这一切 |
[36:08] | A party! Where’s the punch? | 开派对呢!潘趣酒在哪? |
[36:11] | Alan? | |
[36:13] | Can you come into my office please? | 能到我办公室吗? |
[36:15] | Let’s all go. | 大家一块去吧 |
[36:22] | What? Are they gonna beat me up? | 怎么了? 他们要围殴我么? |
[36:24] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[36:36] | For the last two hours our office has been turned upside down | 在过去的两个小时里 我们办公室被翻了个遍 |
[36:40] | while the police look for a murder weapon. | 就因为警察要找凶器 |
[36:44] | Myself,Jamie and Jimmy well¡ | 我 Jamie 和Jimmy 嗯… |
[36:47] | We’ve been unable to do our work, | 我们都干不了活 |
[36:49] | because once again you have caused this place to be disrupted. | 因为你再次把这地方弄得混乱不堪 |
[36:57] | Last week I was at the point of firing you. | 上周我还在考虑解雇你 |
[37:01] | So tell me Alan,if you were in my position,running this firm, | 告诉我吧 Alan 假如你在我这个位置 管理这事务所 |
[37:07] | how would you deal with an employee like yourself? | 你会怎么对付像你这样的员工 |
[37:15] | That’s a tough one. | 这问题很难回答 |
[37:18] | On the one hand,if someone’s a liability, | 一方面 如果这人是个累赘 |
[37:21] | I say,”Get rid of em. “ | 我会说 “甩掉他吧” |
[37:24] | On the other hand,I¡ | 另一方面 我… |
[37:31] | Here’s a cheque made out to the firm for two million. | 我这有一张付给事务所200万的支票 |
[37:36] | A contingency on the case we just settled. | 是因我们刚解决的案子所得的 |
[37:47] | We’re done. We’ll be out of here in five minutes. | 我们结束了 我们会在5分钟内离开 |
[37:51] | Did you find anything? | 找到什么了吗? |
[37:52] | No. | 没有 |
[38:04] | But,I don’t get to leave when I want. | 我不能自由出入了 |
[38:06] | No. | 不能 |
[38:08] | If you’re committed,you can’t leave until they say your better. | 如果你被确诊的话 要他们说你好转了才可以离开 |
[38:14] | What if I never get better? | 万一我都不会好转呢? |
[38:18] | Could you excuse us? For a second? | 能让我们谈谈吗? 一会就好 |
[38:20] | -I’ll be at the door. -Thank you. | -我在门外等 -谢谢 |
[38:28] | Okay. | 好 |
[38:30] | Two things. | 两件事 |
[38:32] | First. | 首先 |
[38:33] | We’ll make a list of all the doctors that you can speak to about the evil knife | 我们会给你一张医生的名单 你只能跟他们谈及恶魔之刀的事 |
[38:36] | and so forth. | 之类的 |
[38:38] | Outside of privilege you can’t talk to anyone about these things. | 除了保密协议里的人 你不能跟别人谈及这些事 |
[38:43] | Only the doctors. | 只有医生可以 |
[38:45] | You already explained that. | 你已经解释过了 |
[38:47] | Second. | 其次 |
[38:50] | You will get better Ted. | 你会好转的Ted |
[38:55] | You will. | 你会的 |
[39:02] | He’s been mentally ill his entire life,Eleanor. | 他一直有精神疾病 Eleanor |
[39:04] | He’s in thirties for God’s sakes. | 天啊 他已经30多岁了 |
[39:06] | This is the first time he’s seen the inside of a hospital. | 这是他第一次到医院就诊 |
[39:08] | Well. He won’t be seeing it for long,Alan, | 嗯 他不会在这医院呆很久的 Alan |
[39:11] | if the police find that knife. | 如果警方找到那把刀的话 |
[39:20] | Can we talk about the other case now? | 我们能谈下另外一件案子吗? |
[39:22] | No. | 不要 |
[39:27] | Alan. I know you. | Alan我了解你 |
[39:31] | Are you trying to get disbarred? | 你要丢掉律师资格吗? |
[39:34] | As self-destructive as¡ | 自毁得… |
[39:36] | Alright. Alright. On that note. | 好吧 好吧 又来了 |
[39:38] | Alan! | |
[39:44] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[39:46] | Jimmy! Hello! | Jimmy!你好! |
[39:48] | Can I buy you beer? | 我能请你喝一杯吗? |
[39:51] | You’re right. Baby steps. | 你说得对 要一步一步来 |
[39:53] | My mistake. | 我的错 |
[39:57] | Half a beer. | 半杯吧 |
[40:03] | Good night my friend. | 晚安 朋友 |
[40:07] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[40:17] | I don’t get it Eleanor. | 我不明白 Eleanor |
[40:19] | I see nothing redeeming about that man. | 我不知道他到底有哪里好 |
[40:28] | You have to know him Jimmy. | 你要了解他 Jimmy |
[40:32] | You just¡ | 你只要… |
[40:36] | You have to know him. | 你要了解他 |
[41:14] | welcome to www. 1000fr. com |