英文名称:Sweet and Lowdown
年代:1999
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:06] | why emmet ray? because he was interesting. | 我为什么欣赏Emmet Ray? 因为他很有趣 |
[02:09] | to me, emmet ray was a fascinating character. | 在我看来,Emmet Ray 是一个非常出色的人 |
[02:12] | i was a huge fan of his when i was younger. | 在我年轻的时候,我是他的忠实歌迷 |
[02:14] | i thought he was an absolutely great guitar player… | 我认为他是一个非常优秀的吉他手… |
[02:17] | and he was funny. | 他很古怪 |
[02:19] | y ou know, or… | 也许… |
[02:21] | if funny’s the wrong word, then sort of pathetic in a way. | 用古怪这个词稍微有点不太合适 |
[02:24] | he was flamboyant and he was, you know… | 他不仅光彩照人,他也… |
[02:28] | boorish and obnoxious. | 粗鲁的令人厌恶 |
[02:30] | well, the problem is that there’s just so little known about him. | 问题是几乎很少有人认识他 |
[02:34] | but we do know that he was a great guitar player. | 但我们都知道他是一个非常棒的吉他手 |
[02:37] | i’d say he was probably the second greatest guitar player in the world. | 可以说,也许他是世界 上排名第二的优秀吉他手 |
[02:42] | django reinhardt was the best… | 因为Django Reinhardt是最棒的… |
[02:44] | and believe me, emmet idolized django. | 相信我,Emment非常崇拜Django |
[02:46] | he was in awe of him. | 也很尊重他 |
[02:48] | there’s a story that says when he saw him playing in france, he fainted. | 曾经就有个故事说他在 法国看到他的演出时,就晕倒了 |
[02:53] | he saw django again at a restaurant in germany, and he fainted again. | 后来在德国的餐馆又看到他,又晕倒了 |
[02:58] | it seems that every time… | 似乎每次… |
[03:00] | django would always make him faint or he’d make him cry. | Django都让他晕倒或是泪流不止 |
[03:04] | well, his relationship with hattie is mostly what’s known about him. | 恩,我们对他了解最多的 就是他与哈蒂的关系 |
[03:08] | there are a few emmet ray stories before that… | 在那之前有许多关于Emmet Ray的故事… |
[03:11] | but i have no idea whether they’re true or not. | 但是我不知道那些是否是真的 |
[03:14] | first time anybody seemed to have heard of him was in chicago. | 第一次人们是在芝加哥认识他的 |
[03:16] | /t was at this roadside joint. | 这是在路边的一个路口 |
[03:23] | good to see you tonight. | 见到你很高兴 |
[03:28] | – where the hell is he? – i don’t know. | – 该死的,他去哪了? – 不知道 |
[03:30] | y ou gotta get him, dan. he’s layin’ drunk somewhere. | Dan,你必须找到他 他一定是醉倒在哪了 |
[03:33] | – he’s probably in a poolroom. – every night it’s somethin’ else. | – 他也许在赌场. – 每晚他都这样. |
[03:36] | he’s late. he gets drunk. he falls off the bandstand. | 要么迟到见不到人,要么喝醉 接着就从舞台上摔下来 |
[03:39] | – i told you not to hire this guy. – what time does emmet ray go on? | – 我告诉过你不要雇用这个家伙 – Emmet Ray 还要闹到什么时候? |
[03:42] | look at the crowd. think they’re here to see me? | 看看这么多人 难道是来看我的? |
[03:45] | relax. i’ll find him. | 别着急,我会找到他的 |
[03:47] | i’m gonna have to hold the show again. | 又要我来维持这场演出了 |
[03:49] | i’ll kill this guy. i don’t care what kind of artist he is. | 我要杀了这个家伙 我才不管他是什么艺术家 |
[03:52] | y ou take care of business. i’ll find him.just relax. | 你来看着,我去找他,别急 |
[03:56] | hey, good to see you again. | 嗨,很高兴看到你 |
[04:02] | that’s 50 more you owe me. | 你欠我五十多了 |
[04:03] | i’m not goin’ out of town. another one? | 我打算去城里一趟 再来一局? |
[04:10] | i think you got some visitors. | 有人找你 |
[04:14] | i’ll be back. | 我马上回来 |
[04:20] | – what’d we get? – here’s your end. | – 分了多少? – 这是你的. |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1209个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:182个,六级词汇:76个,GRE词汇:97个,托福词汇:131个,考研词汇:195个,专四词汇:156个,专八词汇:34个, 所有生词标注共:444个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[04:28] | this is what you bring me, $30? it’s almost midnight. $30? | 你们就给我30块? 现在已经午夜了,才30块? |
[04:31] | that’s half, emmet. that’s all we made. | 那是一半了, Emmet. 我们一共就得这么多. |
[04:33] | i can’t live on that. i got car payments, i got new shirts. | 这根本就不够花. 我要买车,还要买新衣服. |
[04:36] | i’m sorry. business was slow. it’s a jewish holiday. | 很抱歉,生意不好 又赶上犹太人放假 |
[04:39] | and last night it was rainin’, and the night before you got food poisonin’. | 昨晚又下雨,前晚你又食物中毒 |
[04:44] | – because i drank that booze you made. – listen, emmet. | – 因为我喝了你的酒. – 听着, Emmet. |
[04:47] | i don’t know how to tell you this, but while i was in bed… | 我不知道怎么跟你说,但是当我 |
[04:50] | with one of the johns you sent me, he got very excited, and he… | 和你介绍来的那位约翰先生在床上的时候… 他太兴奋了,以至于… |
[04:56] | got a heart attack, and he dropped dead. | 心脏病发作,死了 |
[05:00] | – which one? – the salesman from detroit. | – 哪一个? – 底特律的推销员 |
[05:03] | – what did you do? – i took my clothes and i left. | – 那你呢? – 我穿上衣服走了. |
[05:07] | so there’s nothin’ to trace back to us? | 所以和我们一点关系都没? |
[05:10] | then i was thinking that maybe he had one of your business cards. | 我想可能他有一张你的名片 |
[05:15] | – oh, my god. – a pimp doesn’t need business cards! | – 噢.天哪 – 我跟你说过拉皮条不需要名片! |
[05:18] | y ou’re always tryin’ to be too fancy. | 你总是这样自以为是 |
[05:20] | emmet, let’s go. y ou’re supposed to be on stage. | Emmet, 跟我走吧. 你应该去演出. |
[05:23] | every night you’re either late, drunk, or you don’t show up. | 每晚你不是迟到,喝醉,就是不见踪影 |
[05:27] | what is it with you? | 你当你是什么? |
[05:40] | how are you doin’? i’m on right now. | 在干吗呢 马上就开始了 |
[05:44] | thanks for comin’. put their tab on my bill. | 谢谢光临,记到我的帐上 |
[05:48] | i don’t wanna embarrass you in front of friends, but boss said no more advances. | 我不想你在朋友面前难堪 但老板不给赊帐了 |
[05:51] | don’t give me a song and dance. just put their tab on my bill. | 不要指手画脚的,就记在我的帐上 |
[05:54] | hi, guys. | 晚上好,伙计 |
[08:22] | it’s gonna be a lot of cats there. we always have fun at don’s. | 那有很多爵士乐迷. 我们在don那玩的很愉快 |
[08:25] | – donald. – well, donald. | – 是Donald. – 哦,Donald. |
[08:27] | – watch out over there. – i got this, man. | – 当心 – 我知道 |
[08:29] | y ou take care of that. and don’t forget to pass. | 你看好那就行了 别忘了开过去 |
[08:32] | – they caught him a couple of times. – caught what? | – 他们抓了他好多次. – 抓什么? |
[08:35] | mind your business. watch the road. | 开好你的车 看着路 |
[08:38] | what you got there, man? is that a .45? | 你拿的是什么? 是a.45么? |
[08:40] | .45 what? wait, wait. | 什么.45? 等等 |
[08:44] | better put that shit away. | 最好离这个玩意远点 |
[08:46] | hey, you wanna go to the dump, shoot some rats? huh? | 嗨,咱们去垃圾堆去打老鼠,怎么样? |
[08:50] | – shoot some what? – rats. | 打什么? 老鼠 |
[08:52] | i do it all the time. it’s a lot of fun. | 我经常去那里玩 太好玩了 |
[08:55] | -a hepcat shootin’ rats. -i don’t think you need no more of this. | 一个爵士音乐手打老鼠 我觉得你不应该这样做 |
[08:59] | there should be no other guns in this car besides my gun. | 在我的车里,只准我有手枪 |
[09:21] | man, where’d you learn to play that thing like that? | 你在哪学弹那玩意的? |
[09:24] | – i never heard guitar sound so good. – y eah, i’m the greatest in the world. | – 我从来没有听过弹的这么好听的吉他 – 当然了,我是世界上最棒的 |
[09:28] | well, you know, in france there’s django. | 不过,在法国,Django是最棒的 |
[09:30] | django? y ou know, he’s comin’ to america in the summer to record. | Django?这个夏天他来美国录音 |
[09:34] | – y eah? – y eah. ever meet him? | – 真的? – 是的. 见过他么? |
[09:38] | i could’ve once, in europe. | 在欧洲见过一次 |
[09:40] | y ou know, really, our styles are just different. | 事实上,我们的风格完全不同 |
[09:43] | nate drummond prefers me. he says i’m miraculous. | Nate Drummond很欣赏我 他说我是个奇迹 |
[09:47] | y ou’re welcome to come here anytime. y ou know, we play here all the time. | 欢迎你随时来玩 我们一直都在这 |
[09:51] | – and i make great chili. – well, thank you. | – 我做的红辣椒也很好吃 – 好的,谢谢 |
[10:12] | say, man, we’re about to hit it. can we drop you somewhere? | 我们马上出发,你在哪下车? |
[10:15] | – i like the air. i’ll walk. – y ou sure about that? | – 我想走回去透透空气 – 确定么? |
[10:17] | y eah. thank you. | 是的,谢谢. |
[10:48] | well, i heard stories that he was a kleptomaniac. | 我从一些故事中得知 他是一个有偷盗癖的人 |
[10:51] | i heard that once he stole an alarm clock from hoagy carmichael… | 我听说有一次他从Hoagy Carmichael那里偷了一个闹钟… |
[10:55] | and hoagy overslept and he missed a record date. | 结果Hoagy睡过了,误了登记 |
[10:57] | what do you think? | 你怎么认为呢? |
[10:59] | the only other story that i heard, other than hattie, was this moon idea. | 除了他和哈蒂之间的故事, 我所知道的就只有这个关于月亮的构思 |
[11:04] | he had this idea about this crescent moon. | 他对盈月有一些见解 |
[11:07] | that he wanted to make an entrance on this big crescent moon. | 他想在这个巨大的盈月上划一道出口 |
[11:10] | well, the story is that it came to him, apparently… | 很显然,关于他的这个故事 |
[11:14] | i guess, in a dream… | 我认为,只是场梦而已… |
[11:16] | that he’d build this moon thing with his own money. | 他用自己的钱做了这个月亮 |
[11:19] | because he thought that a star of his great stature… | 因为他认为一个卓有成就的明星… |
[11:21] | ought to be able to make a real big entrance with a moon. | 就应该坐在月亮上演奏 |
[11:25] | just try to visualize it. | 试着去想象一下 |
[11:26] | just try to visualize it. | 试着去想象一下 |
[11:28] | y ou’re lookin’ up, and there it is. gold, beautiful moon. | 你抬头看到一轮金色,美丽的明月 |
[11:31] | i’m comin’ down, and you guys are playin’. what do you think? | 而我们在月亮下演奏,你觉得怎么样? |
[11:34] | it’s a stupid idea. i told you. would you let me take this shot? | 我告诉你,这是很愚蠢的想法 你能让我打一球么? |
[11:37] | i didn’t ask your opinion. i’m just tellin’ you how it’s gonna go. | 我没有问你意见 我只是跟你说说 |
[11:51] | and then the jacket would match the moon… | 外套正好和月亮相协调… |
[11:54] | against a black velvet background. | 再配上黑色光滑的背景 |
[11:58] | – what do you think? – it sounds okay to me. | – 你认为如何? – 听起来不错. |
[12:01] | – y eah. – it’s fancy. | – 当然. – 很奇特. |
[12:04] | i’m considered the best guitar player… | 我是最好的吉他手… |
[12:07] | maybe that ever lived. | 也许永远都是 |
[12:11] | certainly in this country. there’s this– | 当然在这个国家,有一个 |
[12:13] | there’s a gypsy in france… | 住在法国的吉普赛人… |
[12:16] | and he’s the most beautiful thing i ever heard. | 他弹奏的是我听过的最美妙的乐曲 |
[12:21] | tonight’s the night. | 就在今晚 |
[12:23] | emmet,just as long as you’re happy. that’s the most important thing. | Emmet,最重要的是你开心就好 |
[12:27] | it’s really beautiful. | 真的很美 |
[12:29] | it is really beautiful. it’s like jewelry. | 这真的是太美了,就象珠宝一样 |
[12:33] | hey, i wanna just be alone with the moon for a minute, all right? | 我只想单独和月亮在一起,行么? |
[12:37] | y ou wanna be alone with the moon? okay. | 你只想和月亮在一起?好吧 |
[12:40] | emmet, you know what you are? y ou’re a genius. | Emmet, 你知道你是什么吗? 你是个天才. |
[12:59] | she’s a knockout, ain’t she? | 它很迷人,是么? |
[13:01] | hope it’s safe. | 希望也很安全. |
[13:04] | of course it’s safe. why wouldn’t it be safe? | 当然安全了 为什么不安全呢? |
[13:07] | it’s a hell of a drop. a man can break his neck. | 如果这该死的掉下来的话, 脖子都会断 |
[13:12] | really? | 真的么? |
[13:14] | and it starts to build and build in emmet’s mind. | Emmet开始按照他的想法制作它 |
[13:18] | and by show time… | 到了演出的时候… |
[13:21] | he’s numb with fear, he’s petrified. | 他吓的失去知觉了,吓呆了 |
[13:24] | and the audience is out there waiting for him… | 观众们都在那边等着他… |
[13:27] | and he’s backstage, meanwhile, drinking and drinking. | 与此同时,他在后台不停的喝酒 |
[13:30] | when he’s ready to go on, he’s stiff as a board. | 当他准备上台的时候 他的腿僵硬的象木棍一样 |
[13:37] | – snazzy! – did you buy that off the rack? | – 真漂亮! – 你是买的现成的么? |
[13:41] | look. the big dipper. | 看,好大 |
[13:43] | – emmet, your gun is bulging. – do you think? | – Emmet, 你的手枪露出来了. – 你看到了? |
[13:47] | what the hell you need it on stage for? | 你上台要带这家伙干吗? |
[13:49] | i don’t feel right without it. | 带上它感觉会好点 |
[13:51] | i’ll give it back to you as soon as you’re done. | 你一演出完我就还给你 |
[13:54] | show time! | 快表演吧! |
[14:13] | – y ou all right? – emmet, be careful. | – 可以么? – Emmet, 小心点. |
[14:22] | y ou’re on? | 坐上去了么? |
[14:25] | need a hand? | 需要帮忙么? |
[14:27] | let’s do it. | 开始吧 |
[15:29] | sooner or later, everybody’s dreams go up in smoke. | 每个人的梦想迟早都会破灭 |
[15:34] | what about my dreams? | 那我的梦想呢? |
[15:36] | i can’t settle down, ann. | Ann,我无法安定下来 |
[15:38] | – we don’t have to marry. – i can’t. | – 我们可以不结婚. – 我做不到. |
[15:41] | i gotta be free. i’m an artist. | 我要的是自由 我是个艺术家 |
[15:44] | i thought you liked me. | 你是喜欢我的 |
[15:48] | we have fun. | 我们在一起很开心 |
[15:50] | i took you to the dump. i let you shoot my gun at some rats. | 我把你带到垃圾堆 用手枪打老鼠 |
[15:54] | shootin’ rats at the dump is not my idea of a good time. | 我不想在垃圾堆里打老鼠 |
[15:57] | why not? we brought sandwiches. | 为什么呢? 我们带了许多三明治 |
[16:00] | and sittin’ at the railroads watchin’ trains, that’s pretty strange too. | 坐在铁路旁看火车,那也非常奇怪 |
[16:04] | see? that’s what i mean. | 明白了么?我就是这个意思 |
[16:07] | what i like to do, what you like to do, ain’t the same thing. | 我喜欢的和你喜欢的不一样 |
[16:11] | that’s not it, emmet. | 不是这个原因, Emmet. |
[16:13] | it’s that you keep your feelings locked up… | 而是你太封闭你的感情了… |
[16:15] | and you can’t feel nothin’ for anybody else. | 你不能忽视别人的感觉 |
[16:18] | y ou say that like it’s a bad thing. | 这似乎不是什么好事 |
[16:21] | some terrible things happen to people in love. i know. i’ve seen it. | 恋爱的人会遇到一些倒霉事 我了解,我明白了 |
[16:25] | i enjoy the company of women. i love ’em. | 我喜欢和一群女人在一起,我爱她们 |
[16:29] | it’s just that i don’t need ’em. | 但是我并不需要她们 |
[16:32] | i guess, you know, that’s the way it is when you’re a true artist. | 我想这就是你 作为一个真正艺术家的行为吧 |
[16:39] | it doesn’t mean we can’t fool around. | 这意味着我们还可以玩玩 |
[16:41] | oh, right. or shoot rats or watch trains. | 是的,打老鼠或是看火车 |
[16:45] | i never met anybody that keeps their feelings so locked up. | 我从来没有遇到过如此 封闭内心感受的人 |
[16:49] | i let my feelin’s come out in my music. | 我的感受来自我的音乐 |
[16:52] | maybe if you let your feelings out in real life, your music would be better. | 如果你的感受来源你现实生活, 也许你的音乐会更棒 |
[16:57] | don’t talk. | 不要说话 |
[17:02] | emmet met hattie in new jersey. | Emmet是在新泽西遇到哈蒂的 |
[17:05] | the band was playing a resort hotel. | 乐队在一个度假酒店演出 |
[17:08] | on a day off, emmet… | 一个休息日,Emmet… |
[17:11] | and his drummer, bill shields… | 和他的鼓手Bill Shields… |
[17:15] | were doing their version of charm. | 正在发表他们对魅力的看法 |
[17:17] | they were trying to pick up girls on the boardwalk. | 他们试图认识那些 走在木板路上的女孩子们 |
[17:24] | this place is heaven on earth. cotton candy, eight o’clock. | 这里真是人间天堂 现在8点了 |
[17:27] | watch me work. | 看我的 |
[17:29] | mary! right? | Mary! 是你么? |
[17:32] | why don’t you drop dead,jerk? | 你怎么不去死,神经! |
[17:34] | i thought you were someone i knew. sometimes i hit with a– mary! | 我以为你是我认识的那个人 有时我会碰到–Mary |
[17:38] | martina. mary ann. | |
[17:40] | marge. kate? | |
[17:42] | excuse me, miss. i’m a photography buff myself. | 小姐打扰一下,我是个摄影迷 |
[17:45] | i was thinkin’ maybe we could get my friend to take a picture of us. | 我想让我的朋友给我们照张合影 |
[17:48] | wait a minute. time out. | 等一下,快好了 |
[17:50] | – do you see this? – oh, yeah. | – 看到这个了么? – 噢,太好了. |
[17:53] | did you see? she looked right at me. she smiled. | 看到了么? 她正朝着我看,她笑了 |
[17:56] | – that was a smile. – and she was lookin’ right at me. | – 她们在笑 – 她正看着我. |
[17:59] | which one you want? | 你想要哪个? |
[18:00] | the little one with the silly hat. | 小的,戴着顶可爱帽子的那个 |
[18:02] | she’s more my size. i’ll flip you. | 她很配我 猜硬币 |
[18:04] | – i saw her first! – all right! | – 我先看到她的! – 那好吧! |
[18:06] | y ou want the little one? take the little one. | 你想要小的? 那小的就归你 |
[18:09] | i’ll take the redhead. what difference does it make? | 我要那个红头发的,这有什么区别? |
[18:11] | they’re gettin’ away. there’s nothin’ wrong with the little one. | 他们走远了,小的也不错 |
[18:15] | the redhead’s got nice legs and a nice chest. | 红头发的有着美丽的双腿和胸部 |
[18:18] | – i’ll take the redhead. – the little one is cute. | – 我要红头发的. – 小的很可爱. |
[18:20] | she has a nice face and those cupid-bow lips i like, but i’ll take the redhead. | 她有着很漂亮的脸蛋,和我 喜欢的弓形嘴唇,但我要那红头发的 |
[18:24] | – y ou wanted the little one. – i changed my mind. | – 你说了是要小的. – 我改变主意了. |
[18:26] | i’ll flip you. | 猜硬币 |
[18:29] | – call. – tails. | – 说. – 反面. |
[18:34] | – i got the little one. – we agree. | – 我要小的. – 意见统一了. |
[18:37] | – now they gotta agree. – come on. | – 她们必须答应. – 快点. |
[18:41] | i’m telling you, you’re gonna get on the ferris wheel this time. | 我跟你说,你这次将要登上大观览车 |
[18:44] | remember when you tried to go on? last year we tried to get you up there. | 记住什么时候上车? 去年我们就在那儿找到你的 |
[18:48] | – excuse me. – y ou were scared. | – 打扰一下. – 当时你很害怕. |
[18:50] | hi. y ou ladies from around here? | 你们好,你们是这里人么? |
[18:53] | y eah, we work right near here. | 是的,我们就在附近工作 |
[18:55] | i’m billy shields. i’m a musician. | 我叫Billy Shields,一个音乐家. |
[18:58] | he’s with my quintet. i’m emmet ray. | 他是五重唱乐团的 我叫Emmet Ray. |
[19:01] | the emmet ray hot quintet. we’re at the lakeside ballroom. | Emmet Ray热情的五重唱乐团 我们就在湖边的舞厅 |
[19:04] | it’s our day off, so we were thinking maybe you could show us the sights. | 今天我们休息,所以我们想 也许你们可以带我们游览观光 |
[19:08] | – y ou wanna go watch some trains? – what? | – 你想去看火车么? – 什么? |
[19:11] | he’s kidding. let’s go for a drink. | 他开玩笑的 我们去喝东西吧 |
[19:15] | ask him. i liked you instantly. i’m bein’ honest. | 可以去问他,我刚刚喜欢你 我很诚实 |
[19:18] | we flipped, he won, i got you. | 我们猜硬币,他赢了,我就选了你 |
[19:20] | i’m gracie macrae. | 我是Gracie Macrae. |
[19:23] | billy shields. | |
[19:24] | and if i may say, you have the most beautiful blue eyes i’ve ever seen. | 你的蓝眼睛是我见过最漂亮的 |
[19:28] | this is my friend hattie. | 这是我朋友哈蒂 |
[19:31] | hattie, i’m emmet ray. | 哈蒂, 我叫 Emmet Ray. |
[19:33] | i’ve got the quintet. y ou like jazz music, baby? | 我们有个五重唱乐团. 你喜欢爵士乐么,宝贝? |
[19:36] | how about we take a boat ride, huh? | 我们去划船,怎么样? |
[19:39] | well, sure. we’d love to. | 好的,当然可以. 我们很喜欢. |
[19:42] | – we’ll ride around the lake. – great. | – 我们绕着湖划. – 太好了. |
[19:45] | what’s your name? don’t be shy, darlin’. | 你叫什么名字? 亲爱的,别不好意思 |
[19:48] | hattie don’t talk. she’s mute. | 哈蒂不会说话 她是个哑巴 |
[19:53] | wanna go take a boat ride? | 想划船么? |
[20:16] | don’t overthrow it. throw it down. | 不要扔太远 向下扔 |
[20:24] | that was a good try. try it one more time. | 扔的很好 再试一次 |
[20:28] | that was all right. good try. | 很好 非常好 |
[20:30] | thanks for stickin’ me with the dummy. | 谢谢你给我找了一个哑巴 |
[20:32] | – stop whining. y ou wanted her. – then i changed my mind. | – 别抱怨了. 是你要她的 – 但后来我改变主意了 |
[20:36] | she seems like a nice girl. | 她看起来是个挺漂亮的女孩. |
[20:38] | how could she seem like anything? she doesn’t talk. | 她怎么能象其他人? 她不会说话 |
[20:40] | this is my one day off. i want a talkin’ girl. | 今天是我的休息日 我想找一个能说会道的女孩 |
[20:43] | – i think she’s a bit of a half-wit. – what do you mean? | – 我想她有点笨. – 什么意思? |
[20:47] | gracie says she’s not all there in the head. | Gracie 说她头脑不是很正常 |
[20:49] | well, that’s great. | 那也不错. |
[20:51] | a man like me, got ideas. | 象我这样一个有思想的男人 |
[20:54] | try to have a good time today, huh? | 玩的开心点,知道么? |
[20:56] | y ou girls wanna go for a walk on the pier? | 女孩们,想去码头上散步么? |
[21:03] | y ou hungry? | 你饿么? |
[21:06] | is that a yes or a no? | 是饿还是不饿? |
[21:09] | y eah, me too. | 是的,我也饿了 |
[21:14] | what? huh? | 什么?啊? |
[21:23] | i can’t read that. it’s like a chinaman. what do you want? | 我看不懂,这好象中国字 你想要什么? |
[21:28] | do you know how to write? did you go to school? | 你会写字么? 你上过学么 |
[21:34] | what is that? is that a yes or a no? | 什么意思? 是上过还是没上过? |
[21:40] | y ou’re a hard-luck case. y ou an orphan? | 你很不幸 你是孤儿么? |
[21:45] | y ou don’t know? | 你不知道? |
[21:46] | oh, this is great. this is great. | 哦, 很好. 那很好 |
[21:49] | i get a goddamn mute orphan half-wit. | 我找到个讨厌的哑巴,孤儿 还是个弱智 |
[21:52] | i get all the winners. were you always like this, born like this? | 我中大奖了 你一直都是这样么? 生下来就是这样? |
[21:55] | or did somebody drop you on your head, or what? | 还是有人抛弃了你,或者其他的原因 |
[21:57] | gracie’s hungry. let’s go get some clams or somethin’. | Gracie饿了 我们弄点蚌和别的东西吃 |
[22:01] | can we switch for a while? | 我们能交换一会么? |
[22:03] | no. what’s the matter with you? | 不,你怎么了? |
[22:08] | i was amazing the second i picked up the instrument. | 令人惊讶的是,我第二次选择的乐器. |
[22:11] | it’s just in me someplace, like a gift of god. | 就象是上帝赐予我的礼物一样 |
[22:16] | they said i’d have been great, whatever instrument i chose. | 他们说无论我选择什么乐器, 我都会很棒 |
[22:20] | but on guitar, nobody can touch me. | 但是对于吉他,没有人能和我比 |
[22:24] | except this gypsy in france. | 除了那个法国的吉普赛人 |
[22:26] | but mostly, i’m untouchable. they want me to record. | 但是大多情况下,我很难接近 他们希望我出唱片 |
[22:30] | they do, but i don’t know. | 他们希望,但是我不知道 |
[22:33] | once you record, everybody can copy your stuff. | 一旦你录了唱片 人人都能模仿你的内容 |
[22:36] | they steal your ideas. | 他们窃取你的思想 |
[22:38] | why do i wanna make something beautiful just to have some jerk copy it? | 为什么我创作的一些好的东西 而让一些讨厌鬼去抄袭呢? |
[22:46] | y ou wanna come hear the show sometime? my guest? | 你想听我们的演奏么? |
[22:49] | – both of you. – y eah. | – 你们两个. – 当然. |
[22:52] | y ou’d appreciate it. y ou would. | 你会很喜欢它,一定会 |
[22:54] | y ou’ll see. i possess a great talent. | 你会发现我很有天分 |
[22:59] | y ou might be mute, but you’re not deaf, right? | 你可能是哑巴,但你不聋,对吧? |
[23:02] | and you don’t have to be bright. music’s for everybody. | 你不需要很聪明 音乐是带给每一个人的 |
[23:05] | the smart or the dumb. | 无论聪明还是笨蛋 |
[23:11] | – how’d you lose your voice? – she don’t know. | – 你是怎么哑的? – 她不知道. |
[23:14] | it was somethin’ when she was a kid, like a high fever. | 在她小的时候,好象是一场高烧 |
[23:17] | she doesn’t remember. | 她不记得了 |
[23:20] | – is she– – y eah, but she’s a good laundress. | – 她脑子… – 恩,但是她是个很不错的洗衣工 |
[23:29] | i’ve shot guys. that’s right. | 我有枪 |
[23:32] | well, i had to. y ou know, it was them or me. | 恩,我不得不 是他们而不是我 |
[23:36] | i could tell you stories. | 跟你讲个故事 |
[23:38] | what do you say we go to the dump, shoot some rats? | 我们去垃圾堆打老鼠,怎么样? |
[23:41] | what? | 什么? |
[23:43] | y eah, it’ll be a ball. | 很好玩. |
[23:45] | emmet, please. not now, huh? | Emmet, 请不要现在去,好么? |
[23:47] | well, it’s my car, and i say we’re stoppin’ at the dump for ten minutes. | 这是我的车,到了垃圾堆 我们停下来,就十分钟 |
[23:55] | – uh, squeeze. – y ou call this fun? | – 啊, 扣紧它. – 你觉得这很有趣么? |
[23:58] | don’t jerk.just squeeze. line it up to your sights. | 别抖,只要扣紧它, 和你的视线成一条线 |
[24:01] | he’s gonna get away. line it up in the sights. | 它要跑了 对准,成一条线 |
[24:04] | – come on! it’s cold! – in a minute. | – 快点,这里很冷 – 马上就好 |
[24:06] | -just do what i’m tellin’ you to do! – leave her alone already! | – 按照我教你的去做 – 不要管她了! |
[24:09] | there’s nothin’ to it. | 不是这样. |
[24:16] | did you see that? i got him! | 看到了么? 我打中了! |
[24:18] | – y ou call this civil? – what are you doin’? | – 这叫文明么? – 你在干什么? |
[24:21] | – no more cheese for this little fella. – no, don’t pick it up. | – 这个小家伙再也吃不到奶酪了. – 不, 别把它捡起来. |
[24:24] | these guys are diseased. y ou gotta put it down. | 这些东西都有病的. 把它们放下来. |
[24:27] | did you know that rats attack poor kids in their cribs? | 你知道么?老鼠会蹿到婴儿床 里伤害那些可怜的小孩 |
[24:29] | – i thought you’d enjoy this. – are you crazy? | – 我想你会很喜欢这个. – 你疯了啊? |
[24:33] | so, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[24:35] | – y ou wanna come up to my room… – do you think we could go out… | – 想来我家… – 我们出去… |
[24:38] | – hear me play my guitar? – alone sometime? | – 听我弹吉他么? – 就我们单独在一块,好么? |
[24:42] | good. come on. | 好,走吧 |
[24:49] | come on in. | 进来. |
[24:56] | that’s my guitar. | 那是我的吉他 |
[24:59] | i’ll play it for you soon. | 我马上弹给你听 |
[25:01] | like a drink? | 想喝点什么么? |
[25:06] | y ou know… | 你知道 |
[25:09] | i know we don’t know each other… | 我们并不了解对方… |
[25:12] | and we just met, but… | 我们刚刚认识,但是… |
[25:15] | i had a wonderful evening. | 我们晚上玩的很愉快 |
[25:18] | i don’t need a genius to have a good time. | 玩的开心,但不一定要多聪明 |
[25:23] | y ou know, i’m a fast worker. | 我在性方面进展很快 |
[25:34] | y ou’re not puttin’ up much resistance. | 你不要反抗我 |
[25:38] | lot of girls do… | 很多女孩都… |
[25:41] | on a first date. | 在第一次约会就 |
[25:47] | hold on. hold it. time out. | 等下,不慌. 稍微歇一下. |
[25:49] | just i’m gettin’ a little razzled with your pace. | 我只是有点不太适应你的速度 |
[25:55] | y ou like me? | 你喜欢我么? |
[26:00] | just expected more of a fight. | 这象打架一样 |
[26:04] | this is– it’s like shootin’ fish in a barrel. | 又象是在水桶里打鱼 |
[26:23] | did you like that? | 你喜欢么 |
[26:25] | i knew you would. | 我知道你很喜欢 |
[26:28] | they say i’m a wonderful lover. | 他们都说我是个很好的情人 |
[26:32] | y ou got a terrific body. y ou really do. | 你身材不好 真的不好看 |
[26:34] | round. i like round. and i don’t mean fat. | 胖胖的,不过我喜欢. 我不是说肥. |
[26:37] | y ou got some heft. | 你挺重的 |
[26:40] | makes a fella feel like he’s been someplace. | 让这个家伙感觉在其它地方 |
[26:45] | now get dressed. | 把衣服穿好 |
[26:47] | i’m tired. i gotta go to sleep. | 我很累 我想睡觉了 |
[26:50] | if i don’t get my sleep, i’m cranky. | 如果我休息不好的话,就会很暴躁 |
[26:54] | i’d give you cab fare, but i don’t assume it’s a long walk home. | 我给你钱打车回家 但是我认为走回去也不远 |
[27:01] | first time i had sex, seven years old. | 我第一发生性关系是在七岁 |
[27:04] | the guitar. right. | 是吉他,对 |
[27:06] | well, that’s why we came up here. | 这就是我们来这的原因 |
[27:10] | all right, you get dressed. | 好吧,你去穿衣服 |
[27:12] | i’m exhausted. what’s your favorite song? | 我太累了 你最喜欢哪首歌? |
[27:16] | oh, look who i’m askin’. | 哦,我不该问你 |
[29:54] | i lived in detroit… | 我在底特律 |
[29:56] | and canada… | 加拿大… |
[29:58] | and new y ork… | 纽约都呆过… |
[30:02] | st. louis. | |
[30:05] | my father was in the army. | 我父亲在军队的时候 |
[30:08] | i never got along with him. | 我从未和他好好相处过 |
[30:11] | he used to hit me with a belt. | 他经常用皮带抽我 |
[30:15] | he’s dead now. | 他现在已经死了 |
[30:18] | got asphyxiated. | 窒息而死的 |
[30:25] | i’m pretty sure my mother’s dead too. | 肯定我母亲也死了 |
[30:29] | she used to get spells. | 她很有魅力 |
[30:32] | i don’t know if her family put her away somewhere… | 我不知道是不是家人抛弃了她… |
[30:38] | or if she’s dead. | 还是她已经死了 |
[30:41] | she used to foam at the mouth. | 她过去常常大发雷霆 |
[30:49] | she sang beautifully. | 她歌唱的很好听 |
[30:52] | the most beautiful music i ever heard. | 是我听过最好听的 |
[30:59] | except for this… | 除了… |
[31:01] | gypsy guitar player in france. | 在法国的吉普塞吉他手 |
[31:05] | can you believe i can’t listen to him without cryin’? | 你相信么?每当我听到 他的音乐都会泪流不止 |
[31:57] | give us a shot, would you? | 来一杯,你要么? |
[32:07] | so i’m gonna be busy later. somethin’ came up. | 我过会比较忙, 有点事 |
[32:13] | y ou just go get yourself home by yourself. | 你自己回家吧 |
[32:20] | now wait. what was that look for? | 等下,你想怎么样? |
[32:23] | what did i do? | 要我怎么做? |
[32:28] | i got business. | 我要工作 |
[32:33] | we gotta spend every minute together? | 难道我们要时时刻刻都在一起么? |
[32:41] | look. | 给 |
[32:43] | y ou go get yourself a cab… | 你自己打车回家吧… |
[32:46] | and i’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[33:57] | where the hell am i? | 该死,我这是在哪? |
[34:07] | stroudsburg, pennsylvania? | |
[34:10] | i take one puff in new jersey, i end up in stroudsburg, pennsylvania? | 上一秒还在新泽西,怎么现在 就跑到stroudsburg,Pennsylvania来了 |
[34:14] | i gotta get a cab. | 我必须叫一辆出租车 |
[34:23] | i need a taxi! can i get a cab? | 我要叫出租车 哪里有车? |
[34:28] | i’m sorry, emmet. i had no choice. | 很抱歉, Emmet. 我帮不了你. |
[34:31] | – we got a contract. – look, i run a first-class hotel here. | – 我们有合同. – 你看, 我在这经营的是一流的宾馆. |
[34:34] | – this was an emergency. – y eah, an emergency. | – 这是个突发事件 – 对,是突发事件 |
[34:37] | what kind of emergency? | 什么样的突发事件? |
[34:39] | – my father died. – again? | – 我父亲死了. – 又死了? |
[34:41] | how many times can your father pass away? | 你父亲能死多少次? |
[34:43] | i’m gonna come clean with you. i got abducted and i was threatened. | 我坦白交代吧 我被绑架了,又被恐吓威胁 |
[34:46] | y ou were gone for four days. we had the police out. | 你已经失踪四天了 我们也报了警 |
[34:49] | i’m tired of shootin’ crap every night to see if my main attraction will show. | 每晚都要为重头戏是否能 上演而心神不定,我真的累了 |
[34:53] | it’s over. | 一切都结束了 |
[34:55] | look, i gotta borrow a few bucks for cab fare. | 现在我必须借一点钱,付打车费 |
[34:59] | y ou’re kidding. how much? | 你真会开玩笑 多少? |
[35:01] | nine hundred dollars. | 900块 |
[35:18] | what’s the matter? oh, i know this routine. | 怎么了? 哦,我知道了又是老一套 |
[35:21] | look, i’m a free agent. i do as i please. | 现在我自由了,我可以做我想做的事 |
[35:24] | i might as well tell you. i quit the job. | 我还是告诉你吧,我辞职了 |
[35:28] | i told him to take that job and stick it. | 让他们守着那份工作继续忍受吧 |
[35:34] | so the band’s leavin’ for hollywood two weeks sooner than i thought. | 乐队比我想象中的还要 早两个星期去了好莱坞 |
[35:39] | i didn’t tell you about hollywood. | 我没跟你提起过好莱坞吧 |
[35:44] | we’re makin’ a movie. | 我们制作电影 |
[35:46] | y eah.just a little short one. | 当然,就是那种小短片 |
[35:50] | just a couple of minutes of me and the boys playin’ that tune, ”all of me.” | 就几分钟时间 孩子们弹一首曲子:“都是我” |
[35:53] | y ou know? good. | 你听过?不错 |
[35:57] | what are you lookin’ at me like that for? what? | 怎么这样子看着我?怎么了? |
[36:02] | look, i got together with a couple of guys, we had a few drinks. | 我和那帮家伙在一起,喝了点酒 |
[36:06] | one thing led to another… | 一件事接着一件事 |
[36:09] | and the next thing i knew, i woke up out of town. | 紧接着我就在乡下醒了过来 |
[36:15] | look, i don’t have to account to you. all right? | 我不需要向你解释,对么? |
[36:19] | we’re not married. i’m not the marryin’ kind. | 我们并没结婚 我也不喜欢结婚 |
[36:23] | i can’t settle. | 我无法安定下来 |
[36:27] | whole idea leaves me cold. | 我知道这种想法打动不了人 |
[36:31] | so i thought i’d– | 所以我想我应该… |
[36:33] | i thought i’d… | 应该… |
[36:36] | buy you some lunch… | 请你吃顿饭… |
[36:38] | and say good-bye. | 和你分手 |
[36:41] | and i’ll be comin’ through here again, i’m sure, sometime. | 我还会再来这里的 我确定,我会来的 |
[36:50] | but you really are a spoiled dope, you know? | 但是你真的很笨,知道么? |
[36:53] | i take you out to buy you things or go to the movies, you’re fine. | 我带你去买东西,看电影,你很好 |
[36:57] | but the minute somethin’ doesn’t go your way– | 但是并非时时刻刻都要听你的 |
[37:01] | i gotta go, and there’s no way you can come with me. | 我必须得走,但你决不能和我一起走 |
[37:04] | i mean, you got responsibilities. y ou got a job. | 我是说你有你的责任,你有工作 |
[37:08] | y ou have… | 你还要… |
[37:10] | underwear and socks to wash. | 洗内衣裤和袜子 |
[37:13] | and i can’t have my life cluttered. i’m an artist. | 我无法过着乱七八糟的生活 我是个艺术家 |
[37:16] | a truly great artist. | 一个真正伟大的艺术家 |
[37:18] | i need to be free… | 我要的是自由… |
[37:21] | so i’m saying good-bye, okay? | 所以,我们分手吧,好么? |
[37:28] | look. how many fingers i got? | 看,我有多少个手指? |
[37:31] | ten, right? | 十个,对么? |
[37:32] | ten, nine, eight, seven, six. | 十,九,八,七,六 |
[37:38] | there’s eleven. y ou see? | 有十一个,你看? |
[37:46] | all right, look. if you come, it’s not a free ride. | 好吧,听着, 如果你要跟我走,要付车费 |
[37:49] | i’m not a charity organization, all right? | 我不是慈善组织,明白么 |
[37:51] | i don’t know what i’m doin’ here. | 我不知道我在说什么 |
[37:54] | hey, if you come, you work. | 好吧,如果你来的话,你就工作 |
[38:23] | what’s the matter? | 怎么了? |
[38:26] | nobody said it was gonna be a picnic. | 这活不轻松 |
[38:28] | y ou know i can’t risk my hands. | 你知道我不能亏待我的手 |
[39:13] | well, that might not be a bad idea. | 这个想法倒不错 |
[39:27] | and now, folks, chester weems, a housepainter… | 朋友们,现在有请油漆匠Chester Weems… |
[39:28] | and now, folks, chester weems, a housepainter… | 朋友们,现在有请油漆匠Chester Weems… |
[39:31] | will play the saw. | 拉锯子 |
[39:57] | fast falls the eventide | 日暮很快降临 |
[40:02] | the darkness deepens | 漆黑一片 |
[40:06] | lord with me abide | 和上帝同在 |
[40:10] | the scarlet tanager. | 深红的唐纳雀 |
[40:18] | the barn owl. | 畜棚里的猫头鹰 |
[40:34] | and you are? | 你是? |
[40:36] | homer p. risley. | |
[40:39] | what is your profession, homer? | 你是什么职业,Homer? |
[40:41] | profession? i’m a birdseed salesman. | 职业?我是卖鸟食的 |
[40:44] | – oh, a traveling salesman. – that’s right, you got it. | – 哦,是一个旅行推销员 – 对,你说的很对. |
[40:47] | and i see that your instrument is the guitar. | 我看到你的乐器是吉他 |
[40:50] | y eah, that’s right. i’ve had a few lessons. | 对,我学过几次 |
[40:54] | no need to be nervous, homer. this is a wonderful audience out here. | 不要紧张,Homer 观众都非常好 |
[41:00] | birdseed salesman, homer risley. | 鸟食推销员,Homer Risley |
[42:21] | boy, those guys were ready to break out the tar and feathers, huh? | 那些家伙都要气疯了 |
[42:24] | next time you’re gonna hustle somebody, don’t play so great. | 下次你要想骗人家的话 就不要弹这么好 |
[42:28] | i can’t remember the tunes if i play badly. | 如果我胡乱弹的话,就记不得调子 |
[42:33] | i wonder if django ever hustled any suckers. | 我想Django也一定骗过一些傻瓜 |
[42:38] | look at her. she’s frownin’. she doesn’t like it. | 看看她,皱眉头了 她不喜欢 |
[42:41] | well, they deserved it. they were jerks. | 他们活该 一群神经病 |
[42:45] | she’s too good-hearted. | 她是一个心肠很好 |
[42:48] | a genuinely sweet person. i like that, respect it. | 又诚实可爱的女孩 我喜欢她,也尊重她 |
[42:53] | won’t get you anywhere in life. | 但却不能带你去任何地方 |
[42:59] | i had a dream last night. | 我昨晚做了个梦 |
[43:03] | i had a dream we all went out to hollywood… | 梦里面我们都去了好莱坞… |
[43:06] | and i became discovered as a major star. | 我成了大牌明星 |
[43:10] | y ou? a major star? | 你?大牌明星? |
[43:12] | y ou were dreamin’. | 真是做梦 |
[43:14] | why not? i got a good face. | 为什么不?我长的不错 |
[43:17] | we’re in a short subject. we’re the backup band. | 我们只制作电影短片 也只是替补乐队 |
[43:20] | we’re in the background, emmet. we’re lucky to be in focus. | 我们只是在后台,Emmet 能看到我们就很幸运了 |
[43:24] | y ou can always get attention if you know how to do it. | 如果你知道怎么做, 别人就会一直关注你 |
[43:27] | in this dream, i was standin’ there surrounded… | 在梦里面,我站在那里,周围都是… |
[43:31] | by gorgeous actresses. | 身着华丽的女演员 |
[43:34] | see? that she don’t like. | 看到了么?她就不喜欢听到这个 |
[43:36] | relax. | 放轻松点. |
[43:38] | i’m with you now. | 我现在和你在一起. |
[43:40] | i’m not one of these guys who turns his head every time some dame walks by. | 我不是那种一看到少女经过, 就回头去看的人 |
[43:44] | i’ve had plenty of beautiful women. | 我有许多漂亮的女人 |
[43:47] | and i always put ’em in their place. | 并且我总是为她们着想 |
[43:49] | y eah. ” love ’em and leave ’em,” that’s my motto. | 当然,爱她们就离开她们,、 这是我的格言 |
[43:53] | love ’em and don’t look back. i never once regretted. | 爱她们,不要老想着过去 所以我从不觉得遗憾 |
[43:57] | not one time did i ever regret dumping a beautiful dame. | 就有一次我很后悔 甩掉了一个美丽的女人 |
[44:02] | y ou gotta keep your guard up. | 你必须时刻提防着 |
[44:03] | if you don’t, them pretty ones get their worms in you, and then it’s over. | 如果一不小心,她们用美丽 慢慢的吸引你,那就完了 |
[44:08] | y ou’re done. particularly if you’re an artist. | 你就该这样,尤其是作为一个艺术家 |
[44:11] | i’ve seen too many guys cryin’ in their beer. | 我看过许多人一边喝着酒,一边哭诉着 |
[44:14] | me? | 我? |
[44:16] | i’m gonna be a star. | 我将成为一个明星 |
[44:23] | all of me | 我的全部 |
[44:25] | why not take all of me | 为什么不占有我的全部 |
[44:29] | can’t you see | 难道你看不到 |
[44:30] | /’m no good without you | 没有你,我会很烦恼 |
[44:34] | take my lips | 亲吻我的嘴唇 |
[44:36] | / wanna lose them | 我想都给你 |
[44:40] | take my arms | 抚摩我的胳膊 |
[44:42] | /’ll never use them | 我将永远不碰它们 |
[44:45] | your good-bye | 你的一声再见 |
[44:47] | left me with eyes that cry | 留给我的只有泪水 |
[44:51] | how can / | 要我怎么做 |
[44:53] | go on, dear without you | 亲爱的,没有你 |
[44:57] | you took the part | 你占据的那部分 |
[44:59] | that once was my heart | 正是我的心 |
[45:02] | so why not take all of me | 为什么不占有我的全部 |
[45:06] | the reason emmet hated hollywood so much… | Emmet十分讨厌好莱坞的原因… |
[45:09] | was because hattie was discovered, not him. | 是因为被看中的哈蒂,而不是他 |
[45:12] | that was the truth of it. | 事实上就是这样 |
[45:13] | she was out there watching him film. every day she would hang out on the set. | 她在那儿看他做的影片 天天都在那无所事事 |
[45:18] | and one day, for,you know, some crazy reason… | 有一天,出于某些原因 |
[45:21] | a director, who happened to be working the same lot emmet was on, noticed her. | 导演经常在Emmet工作的 地方出没,发现了她 |
[45:27] | and the director thought, ”this girl is a dead ringer for may talmadge. ” | 导演认为这个女孩正是 May Talmadge的最佳人选 |
[45:31] | he was making a movie with may talmadge, who was a big star. | 他正在制作一部关于 巨星May Talmadge的电影 |
[45:34] | and he thought hattie is exactly what he wanted to play may talmadge’s sister. | 他认为Hattie最适合 出演May Talmadge的妹妹 |
[45:39] | and this is a 30-second part or something. | 这只是一段30分钟左右的戏 |
[45:42] | when he found out that hattie couldn’t speak, it didn’t make any difference… | 即使当他发现Hattie不会说话 也丝毫不会产生任何影响… |
[45:45] | because the part had no dialogue. | 因为那部分没有对话 |
[45:47] | he just knew he had to have hattie to play that part. | 他只是觉得这部分一定要让Hattie演 |
[45:51] | well, emmet hated the whole idea. | 当然,Emmet坚决反对这个想法 |
[46:09] | i can’t believe you said yes. | 我不敢相信,你竟然答应了 |
[46:11] | did you nod that dopey face of yours? do they know you can’t speak? | 我看你是笨糊涂了才点的头吧? 他们知道你不会说话么? |
[46:17] | i don’t get it. y ou’re gonna embarrass me. | 我不能理解 你会让我很难堪 |
[46:20] | suddenly you’re a movie actress. | 突然间你成了电影演员了 |
[46:23] | don’t make me laugh. | 真可笑 |
[46:40] | take one. | 第一部分开始 |
[46:41] | take one. | 第一部分开始 |
[47:23] | now, as the story goes… | 故事还在继续… |
[47:26] | hattie was playing this love scene with william weston… | Hattie和William Weston 出演一段爱情场面 |
[47:29] | this handsome older man who always kissed his leading ladies… | 这个英俊的老男人总是 爱亲吻他剧中的女主角 |
[47:33] | so they said, with an open mouth. | 因此他们都说,他是大嘴巴 |
[47:35] | and he was kissing her, and they were doing take after take… | 他一遍又一遍的亲吻她… |
[47:39] | and he was kissing her over and over with an open mouth. | 他用那张大嘴亲了她一次又一次 |
[47:42] | after 30 takes of getting kissed by this gorgeous leading man… | 被这个著名的男主角亲了30次之后… |
[47:47] | hattie went into a small coma. | Hattie陷入了短暂的昏迷 |
[47:54] | and that was the last time… | 那也是Emmet最后一次… |
[47:57] | emmet ever set foot in hollywood. | 踏进好莱坞 |
[47:59] | y eah, i remember emmet and hattie back east at that time. | 对,我记得当时Emmet 和Hattie回到了东部 |
[48:03] | in fact, he had a good manager, this cat named sid bishop. | 事实上,他有一个很好的经纪人 叫Sid Bishop |
[48:06] | sid was really good to him, and he got him a lot of gigs. | Sid对他真的很好 也给了他很多表演的机会 |
[48:09] | emmet was doing really well, and that really wasn’t easy. | Emmet表现的也相当不错 对他来说,的确也很不容易 |
[48:12] | back then, a lot of musicians were hurting from the depression… | 后来,许多音乐家都 受到经济萧条的影响 |
[48:15] | and there wasn’t a lot of work to go around. | 没有什么工作可做 |
[48:17] | but emmet even agreed at that time… | 但那个时候,Emmet始终认为… |
[48:20] | to do a couple of sides for the victor label. | 他所做的一切都证明了他的成功 |
[48:23] | he did ” melancholy baby,” ” exactly like y ou”… | 他创作了“忧郁宝贝”, “就是喜欢你”… |
[48:25] | and ”i’ll see y ou in my dreams.” | 和“我会在梦里与你相见” |
[49:20] | – what do you mean, i’m broke? – y ou give it away. | – 你什么意思, 我破产了? – 你都挥霍光了. |
[49:23] | y ou drink it up. y ou pick up checks. | 你喝酒,赊帐 |
[49:25] | y ou lose it in poolrooms, and you’re always buyin’ hattie presents. | 在赌场又损失很多 你又总是给Hattie买礼物 |
[49:29] | she’s like a kid. she loves tearin’ the paper off the box. | 她就象个孩子, 喜欢把包装盒撕成纸片 |
[49:32] | y ou gotta go on a budget. | 你必须要有个预算 |
[49:33] | i’ll go on a budget if someone will straighten me out. | 如果有人愿意帮我一把, 我会安排开支的 |
[49:35] | a budget’s not easy for a guy like you. | 象你这种人,安排开支不是那么简单 |
[49:37] | – when i set my mind to somethin’– – y ou fight every good idea i have. | – 当我开始着手做一些事时 – 每个不错的念头总是遭到你的反对 |
[49:41] | i’ll go on a budget. i’ll be good. | 我会预算开支的 我会好起来的 |
[49:43] | what do you spend on clothes a year? do you have any idea? | 你一年在衣服上的花费有多少? 你知道么 |
[49:46] | want me to look like a bum? | 你想让我看起来想个乞丐么? |
[49:48] | – what about rent? – i don’t know. it’s all hotels. | – 那房租怎么办? – 不知道,这里都是旅馆. |
[49:51] | – any idea what you spend on food? – the booze gratis? | – 那你想过吃的钱么? – 酒店免费 |
[49:54] | help yourself. do you have any idea what you spend on food or entertainment? | 别客气.那你想过食品和娱乐上的花费么? |
[49:58] | do you have any investments, anything that’ll throw off revenue? | 你们有投资么?至少可以摆脱国家的税收 |
[50:01] | i got some savings, mostly from hattie takin’ in laundry. | 我有一些储蓄,都是 Hattie洗衣服赚来的 |
[50:05] | emmet, we gotta look for places to cut down. | Emmet我们必须找新的地方,以减少开支 |
[50:08] | i burned a hundred dollars once. a guy dared me. he was a four-flusher. | 一次,我烧了100元, 一个人向我挑战,他是个马路清洁工 |
[50:11] | he burned a fifty, i burned a hundred. | 他烧了50元 我烧了100元 |
[50:13] | he burned a twenty, i burned another hundred. i could cut that out. | 他烧了20元,我又烧了个100的, |
[50:17] | y ou wanna end up in the poorhouse when you’re old? | 你想在老的时候死在养老院么? |
[50:20] | y ou ever see a poorhouse? | 你见过养老院么? |
[50:22] | from now on, your salary and expenses will come to me. | 从现在起,你的工资和 一切开支都由我来支配 |
[50:25] | i’m puttin’ you on an allowance. | 我给你增加点补贴 |
[50:28] | okay, that’s it. the party’s over. | 活动结束了. |
[50:28] | okay, that’s it. the party’s over. | 活动结束了. |
[50:32] | y ou’re spendin’ too much, so now we’ve gotta go on a budget. | 你消费太大了 所以现在起我们要预算开支了 |
[50:36] | now, aside from food, what are your expenses? | 现在除了食物,你还有什么支出? |
[50:41] | what about the doctor bills? y ou got a doctor? | 那医生帐单呢? 你去看了医生么? |
[50:44] | i bet you i get you a veterinarian who’s cheaper. | 我求你去看兽医吧,会便宜点 |
[50:47] | and this is goin’ out. | 这个要关掉 |
[50:50] | what are we? the electric company? | 我们做什么的? 电力公司么? |
[50:53] | we gotta save every penny. | 我们要开始省钱 |
[50:57] | what is that? | 那是什么? |
[51:04] | y ou remembered my birthday? | 你还记得我的生日? |
[51:09] | we can’t afford presents. | 我们买不起礼物了 |
[51:12] | that’s gotta go back. it’s gotta go back. | 必须退回去 这得退回去 |
[51:22] | these are the kid gloves i really wanted. | 是我最想要的羔皮手套 |
[51:29] | exactly the gloves i wanted, these are. | 就是我想要的,就是这个 |
[51:35] | y ou know what i’m gonna do? i’m gonna cut you a break. | 你知道我现在想做什么吗? |
[51:37] | it’s my birthday and– | 今天是我生日… |
[51:40] | so i’m gonna let you give ’em to me. | 所以我想让你亲手送给我 |
[51:47] | y ou made this yourself? | 你自己做的? |
[51:55] | y our writin’ looks like a chicken. | 你字写的象鸡爬似的 |
[51:59] | let’s see. ”it’s been almost a year… | 让我看看 “自从我们在一起… |
[52:02] | since we’ve been together.” | 已经有一年的时间了” |
[52:05] | a year? | 一年? |
[52:08] | well, that’s scary. | 太可怕了 |
[52:15] | what’s this word here? | 这是什么字? |
[52:19] | is that– is that ”love”? | 是..是“爱”么? |
[52:24] | oh, no. don’t go gettin’ any big ideas here. | 哦,不.不要在这想什么鬼主意 |
[52:27] | jesus. | 天哪 |
[52:31] | i must’ve ate somethin’ bad. | 我一定是吃了不干净的东西 |
[52:36] | i’m feelin’– i’m gonna be sick. | 我感到… 想吐 |
[52:45] | – got somethin’ for me today, mr. ray? – i don’t. | – Ray先生,今天给我带了什么? – 没有 |
[52:48] | – mr. ray, it’s me, charlie. – i’m all tapped out. | – Ray先生, 是我, Charlie. – 我都自身难保了. |
[52:51] | – y ou never let me down. – look. | – 你从来都没让我失望过. – 听着. |
[52:53] | i’d like to help you, but i’m on a budget. | 我很想帮助你,但现在我自己都在省钱. |
[52:56] | i haven’t had a bowl of soup all day. | 我一整天连一碗汤都没喝过 |
[52:59] | what, you wanna make me feel bad? | 什么,你想让我同情你? |
[53:03] | – that’s all you get. – all right, thanks. | – 就这么多了. – 谢谢. |
[53:06] | thanks, mr. ray. | 谢谢,Ray先生 |
[53:08] | what’s the urgency? i came here as quick as i could. | 出什么事了? 我以最快速度赶到这儿 |
[53:11] | – would you look at this thing? – this is why i came quick to meet you? | – 你看看这个 – 赶过来就是为了看这个? |
[53:15] | – he only wants 4,000 for it. – y eah, so? | – 他只要四千块. – 那又怎样? |
[53:18] | does it fit the budget? | 很值得一买吧? |
[53:19] | are you kidding? we just sold one of your cars. | 你在开玩笑么? 我们刚刚卖了你一辆车 |
[53:22] | i’m tryin’ to unload the other one, not buy one. | 我正努力卖另一辆,而不是买一辆 |
[53:25] | – if i cut down? – cut down? | – 如果我能再砍点价呢? – 砍价? |
[53:26] | – where are you gonna get four grand? – i’ll borrow the money and pay it off. | – 你到哪弄这么大笔钱? – 我自己借钱还. |
[53:30] | no one will lend you that kind of money, and you’ll be saddled with payments. | 不会有人借你钱,你还要还债 |
[53:34] | – i want the car. – no, emmet. | – 我要这辆车. – 不行, Emmet. |
[53:36] | hattie will give up desserts. | Hattie不买小点心了 |
[53:38] | – i want the car. – it’s out of the question. | – 我就要买 – 绝对不可能 |
[53:40] | – i gotta have the car. – y ou don’t have the money. | – 我一定要买. – 你没钱. |
[53:43] | – i gotta have the car. – there’s no way! | – 我必须买. – 没门! |
[53:47] | – we can’t afford it. – stop sayin’ ”we.” | – 我们买不起. – 不要再说“我们” |
[53:50] | if i want the car, i’m gonna get it. | 如果我喜欢,就一定要得到 |
[53:52] | – maybe someday, if it’s in your budget. – budget! budget! | – 也许有一天在你的预算之内,你可以买 – 预算! 预算! |
[53:55] | y ou’re suffocating me with the budget. i can’t buy hattie a birthday present. | 预算已经让我快窒息了 我都不能给Hattie买个生日礼物 |
[53:59] | y ou can’t buy champagne if you can only afford beer. | 如果你只能买的起啤酒,就不要买香槟 |
[54:01] | i’m the best guitar player in the world! | 我是世界上上最好的吉他手 |
[54:04] | if i want the car, i should have it. | 如果我想要车,就应该拥有它 |
[54:06] | he said it, but he didn’t believe it. | 他虽然这么说,但他并不这么认为 |
[54:07] | he said it, but he didn’t believe it. | 他虽然这么说,但他并不这么认为 |
[54:08] | i mean, in his soul, he worshipped django reinhardt. | 我意思是说在他的内心深处 他很崇拜Django Reinhardt |
[54:12] | it was more than that. he was frozen by him. | 不仅仅如此,也因为他变的很冷漠 |
[54:15] | django was like a god to him. | Django就象是他的上帝 |
[54:17] | i don’t know if this is true, or just another emmet ray story… | 我不知道这是否属实, 或是又一个关于Emmet Ray的故事… |
[54:20] | but sid bishop, who was trying to help him financially at the time… | 但在当时,Sid Bishop 非常想在经济上帮助他… |
[54:24] | got him a job in this club, and one night,just before show time… | 在这个酒吧给他找了份工作 一天晚上,在演出开始前… |
[54:27] | one of the guys backstage decides to play a joke on him… | 后台的一个人和他开了个玩笑… |
[54:31] | and tells him this lie. | 骗了他 |
[54:33] | hey, emmet! | 嗨,Emmet! |
[54:35] | emmet, you’re not gonna believe it. guess who’s sittin’ at the front table? | Emmet,你一定不相信, 你猜谁坐在前排? |
[54:39] | django reinhardt. | |
[54:42] | are you kiddin’ me? we should get him up on stage with you. | 你在开玩笑么? 我们应该让他和你同台演出 |
[54:46] | reinhardt. | |
[54:48] | he’s gonna show him up. | 他要上台了 |
[54:51] | – i’m gonna– – come on. | – 我要… – 快点 |
[54:54] | emmet, we can get him up on stage with us. | Emmet, 我们可以让他 和我们一起表演 |
[55:00] | – django reinhardt’s here. – really? | – Django Reinhardt来了 – 真的? |
[55:10] | hey, django’s not in the audience. | 嗨, Django不在观众席 |
[55:12] | the house is half-empty. there’s just some guy that looks like django. | 一半座位都是空着的 只是有个人长的象Django |
[55:15] | let’s see if he’s got the nerve to come down. | 我们来看看他有没有勇气下来 |
[55:18] | – harry, let’s go. – emmet, we’re on! | – Harry, 我们走 – Emmet, 我们上去了! |
[55:21] | we should do it anyway. | 无论如何我们都要这么做 |
[55:24] | emmet, come on down. i’ll wait for you. | Emmet, 下来. 我等你 |
[55:27] | i’ll take you to the front table myself. i’ll introduce you to django. | 我亲自安排你做前排,把你介绍给Django |
[55:31] | now, as the story goes… | 现在,故事仍在继续… |
[55:33] | emmet, as you know, was pathologically phobic about django reinhardt… | Emmet对Django Reinhardt 有一种病态的恐惧… |
[55:37] | so he tried to escape through the roof. | 所以他试着从屋顶逃走 |
[55:40] | he just figured, to hell with the job that night. | 那份工作让他有了点名气 |
[55:42] | but remember, this was a guy who had fainted twice… | 但别忘了,当他和Django在欧洲 见面时… |
[55:46] | when he came face-to-face with django reinhardt in europe. | 就晕倒了两次 |
[55:49] | he’s looking for a way out, and decides to jump to the building next door. | 他正在找出口,最后 决定从隔壁那幢楼跳出去 |
[55:54] | well, as fate would have it, he hits a weak spot in the roof… | 命运注定似的 他撞上了一个很不牢固的屋顶… |
[55:58] | and crashes through into somebody’s apartment. | 闯进了人家的房间 |
[56:01] | as it happened, the apartment was being used by some counterfeiters… | 正好那时,一些造假币的人就住里面… |
[56:05] | who thought it was a raid when he came through the roof,and ran out. | 当他从屋顶跳下来时, 这些人以为是来搜捕的,就逃跑了 |
[57:17] | well, eddie durham, the great jazz pioneer… | 伟大的爵士乐先驱,Eddie Durham… |
[57:20] | met emmet in chicago in the 1 930’s. | 于1930年在芝加哥认识了Emmet |
[57:23] | here’s what he said about him in his book. | 这里是他书中写的一段关于他的话 |
[57:25] | ”i met emmet in chicago. it was the height of the depression. | “在芝加哥经济最萧条的时候 我结识了Emmet. |
[57:28] | work was scarce. a lot of guys took on teaching music as a sideline. | 当时工作机会很少. 许多人都以教音乐作为兼职 |
[57:33] | emmet refused. | Emmet并没有这样做 |
[57:34] | at that time he was married to a woman named blanche.” | 在那时他和一个叫 Blanche的女人结了婚” |
[58:41] | – what are you doing? – what? | – 你在做什么? – 什么? |
[58:43] | nothing. | 没什么. |
[58:44] | nothing. | 没什么 |
[58:45] | excuse me, darling. | 麻烦你,亲爱的 |
[58:47] | y ou were stealing that box. | 你在偷那个盒子 |
[58:49] | – no. – oh, yes, you were. i saw you. | – 没 – 哦,是的,你偷了,我看到了 |
[58:52] | why? | 为什么? |
[58:54] | i don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[58:56] | y ou’re a genius, you know? | 你是个天才,知道么? |
[58:58] | eubie blake thinks i’m the best guitar player in the whole world, bar none. | Eubie Elake认为我是全世界上最好的吉他手 |
[59:01] | – and he knows django. – truly? | – 他也认识Django. – 真的么? |
[59:03] | i’m blanche williams. | 我叫Blanche Williams. |
[59:07] | – are you gonna squeal on me? – ”squeal” on you? | – 你要揭穿我么? – 揭发你? |
[59:13] | gosh. not only are you vain and egotistical… | 天哪!你不仅愚蠢还很自负 |
[59:16] | but you have genuine crudeness. | 不过你很诚恳 |
[59:21] | i didn’t want the goddamn thing. | 我才不要那破玩意 |
[59:24] | i won’t squeal on you if you take me for a drive… | 如果你开着你那辆超棒 的汽车带我去兜风… |
[59:27] | in that sublime automobile of yours. | 我就不揭发你 |
[59:30] | drive. | 开车 |
[59:32] | where? | 去哪? |
[59:33] | to the ends of the earth. astonish me. | 去地球的尽头, 能让我惊讶的地方 |
[59:42] | it’s fun, isn’t it? | 这很有趣,是不是? |
[59:44] | well, it’s definitely different. | 这的确与众不同 |
[59:46] | make sure you don’t pull it. y ou squeeze it. | 千万不要扣住 握紧 |
[59:49] | squeeze the trigger. | 开枪 |
[59:52] | – do you do this often? – every chance i get. | – 你经常玩么? – 一有机会我就会玩. |
[59:55] | specifically, what’s the thrill? | 那个在发抖的是什么 |
[59:57] | well, i’m not sure, really. there’s one. | 恩,我实在不清楚 那有一只 |
[1:00:00] | and you got him! | 你打中了 |
[1:00:03] | do you get a bigger kick doing this or stealing small objects? | 你这样玩法,或者偷点小玩意 是不是感到很刺激? |
[1:00:07] | y ou know what? i could really use a drink. | 你知道么?我也非常爱喝酒 |
[1:00:22] | i stop in here every time i come through chicago. | 每次我来芝加哥 都会到这来一趟 |
[1:00:25] | she makes great chili. | 他做的红辣椒很好吃 |
[1:00:27] | y ou like chili? | 你喜欢吃辣椒么? |
[1:00:30] | what do you think of when you play? | 当你在弹奏时你在想什么? |
[1:00:32] | what goes through your mind? | 你脑海里会想什么? |
[1:00:34] | what are your real feelings? | 你真正的感受是什么? |
[1:00:38] | i don’t know. that i’m underpaid. | 我不知道 想钱给的太少 |
[1:00:40] | i think about that sometimes. | 我经常会想这个问题 |
[1:00:43] | tell me about the girl you lived with. | 和我说说那个和你同居的女孩 |
[1:00:48] | she was nice, but i told her not to fall in love with me. | 他很漂亮,不过我跟她说过 叫她不要爱我 |
[1:00:51] | it was very one-sided. | 完全是一厢情愿 |
[1:00:54] | she was nice, but i just cut out one night. | 她很漂亮,但我在一夜之间就放弃了 |
[1:00:57] | she was asleep, i left 500 cash by the bed, got my stuff… | 她在睡觉,我在床头丢了500块现金 带上我的所有东西… |
[1:00:59] | and got outta there at 4:00 in the morning. | 凌晨四点到达Outta |
[1:01:01] | i didn’t want a scene. | 我不想和她吵 |
[1:01:03] | she must have really loved you. | 她一定非常非常爱你 |
[1:01:05] | i didn’t say it was an easy decision, but… | 虽然作出这样的 决定并不容易,但是… |
[1:01:09] | i needed more than hattie. | 我需要的远远超过Hattie |
[1:01:11] | – do you miss her? – not a bit. | – 你想她么? – 不想. |
[1:01:14] | i did the right thing for me. | 我为自己选择了一件正确的路 |
[1:01:16] | maybe i wouldn’t have met you. | 否则我就遇不到你了 |
[1:01:18] | come on, emmet.join us, man. cut loose with the fellas. | Emmet,过来一起玩 和大家一起轻松一下 |
[1:01:21] | – y ou know you want to. – y eah? | – 你必须过来 – 可以么? |
[1:01:24] | please. | 去吧. |
[1:01:25] | come. y ou’ll enjoy this. i’m great. i really am. | 过来,你会很喜欢 我很棒,真的 |
[1:02:06] | after-hours jam session. chicago south side. | 芝加哥南部 业余爵士乐队即兴演奏会 |
[1:02:10] | he’s like a cat… | 他就象一个爵士乐演奏家… |
[1:02:12] | feline with the guitar, which is his only, certainly deepest love. | 轻轻拨动着吉他,这是他唯一的挚爱 |
[1:02:16] | no, his only. the sound… | 不,不仅仅是声音… |
[1:02:19] | the beat, the ideas. | 还有节拍,他的思想 |
[1:02:22] | where do they come from? | 他们是从哪来的? |
[1:02:24] | any woman would be second to his music. | 任何女人都会败在他的音乐之下 |
[1:02:26] | he wouldn’t miss me any more than the woman he abruptly left. | 他不会想我比突然 抛弃的女人还要多 |
[1:02:30] | he could only feel pain for his music. | 他只会为他的音乐感到痛苦 |
[1:02:33] | such is the ego of genius. | 真是一个自负的天才 |
[1:02:36] | must get used to it. | 一定要慢慢适应 |
[1:02:41] | i used to have a stable of girls in this town. | 以前在这个镇子里 我有一群很可靠的女孩 |
[1:02:44] | – no. – y eah. | – 不会吧. – 是的. |
[1:02:45] | i made some money, but… | 我从中赚些钱,但是… |
[1:02:48] | whores are unpredictable. | 妓女很善变 |
[1:02:52] | – they’re nuts. – really? | – 她们都很疯狂 – 真的? |
[1:02:54] | y eah. but money’s money. | 是的,但钱就是钱 |
[1:02:56] | i mean, you pimped and you procured? | 你拉皮条然后从中赚钱? |
[1:03:00] | i can’t stand it. it’s just too perfect. | 我真受不了 这太完美了 |
[1:03:02] | – i don’t like that word. – which? | – 我不喜欢那个词 – 哪个? |
[1:03:04] | ” pimp.” no, i was a manager. | “拉皮条” 不, 我是经纪人 |
[1:03:08] | – what’s too perfect? – that whole seamy world. | – 什么太完美? – 整个丑恶的世界 |
[1:03:11] | the girls i came out with were whores too, only we called them debutantes. | 和我一起出来的女孩也是妓女 只是我们称她们为初进社交界的少女 |
[1:03:16] | i lived in a whorehouse when i was 1 8 for six months. | 在我18岁的时候,我在妓院住了6个月 |
[1:03:19] | didn’t have a job and no money. | 没有工作,也没有钱 |
[1:03:22] | the madam put me up. she was a friend of my mother’s. | 妓院老板看中了我 她是我妈的一个朋友 |
[1:03:26] | i’m sure you learned a lot there. | 我想你一定在那学了不少 |
[1:03:29] | i don’t know. it’s like being a cook. | 不知道 这就好比做饭 |
[1:03:32] | – a cook? – y ou’re in the kitchen all day. | – 做饭? – 你一整天都呆在厨房里 |
[1:03:35] | y ou don’t want to look at the food. | 你就不想再看那些食物了 |
[1:03:39] | i’d love to be a whore for a year. just a year. | 我想做一年的妓女 就做一年 |
[1:03:43] | if you ever want a manager– | 你需要经纪人么? |
[1:03:46] | look. that’s a beauty. | 看,很美 |
[1:03:48] | what is this fascination with trains? | 火车有什么魅力所在? |
[1:03:51] | what do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[1:03:53] | do you have the urge to go off, to ride to unknown destinations? | 你有没有冲动离开这 然后去一个未知的地方? |
[1:03:58] | for what point? | 为了什么呢? |
[1:03:59] | are you trying to recapture some intangible feeling from childhood… | 当你梦见了迷人的城市 却又无法感受的到 |
[1:04:04] | when you dreamt of glamorous cities just out of reach? | 你是不是想再从童年时期找回 那种无形的感觉呢 |
[1:04:08] | i’m not trying to capture anything from childhood. it stank. | 我不想回忆任何童年往事 糟糕透了 |
[1:04:11] | then i can only think it must be the power of the locomotive… | 我认为这一定是火车的力量… |
[1:04:15] | the sheer, potent sexual energy that arouses your masculinity. | 透视杉,强烈的性能力唤起了你的阳刚之气 |
[1:04:19] | the wheels, the hot furnace, the pistons pumping. | 还有车轮,滚热的炉子,活塞泵 |
[1:04:24] | y ou sound like you wanna go to bed with the train. | 听起来似乎你想和火车上床 |
[1:05:03] | he’s impulsive and hot-tempered… | 他很冲动,脾气也很暴躁… |
[1:05:05] | yet he listens to the recordings of django reinhardt for hours and cries. | 然而他能一边哭着听好几个小时 Django Reinhardt的唱片 |
[1:05:09] | he has never met this gypsy guitarist and never wants to. | 他从来没有和这个吉普赛 吉他手认识,他也不想认识 |
[1:05:13] | / think because he doesn’t want to learn django’s mortal. | 我觉得是因为他不想学会Django的极端 |
[1:05:17] | he sleeps with the light on in the room… | 他睡觉总是开着灯… |
[1:05:19] | and last night he woke up screaming the name of his old girlfriend hattie. | 昨夜他醒来后大叫他 以前女朋友Hattie的名字 |
[1:05:23] | then he asked me to marry him. | 然后就让我嫁给他 |
[1:05:48] | get a load of those legs? | 仔细看看她的腿 |
[1:05:52] | take your hat off. she grew up with a butler. | 把帽子摘下来 她是跟着男管家长大的 |
[1:05:58] | it was very impulsive. | 他们真的很冲动 |
[1:06:01] | and as soon as they were married, right from the start… | 他们一结婚,从一开始就… |
[1:06:04] | it was very shaky. | 很不安稳 |
[1:06:06] | why did he marry her so suddenly? i don’t know. | 为什么他突然要和她结婚? 我不知道 |
[1:06:10] | y ou know, they only had one thing in common: clothes. | 他们唯一的共同点就是:衣服 |
[1:06:14] | they were like two peacocks. | 他们象两只孔雀 |
[1:06:16] | but there was always an unreal quality to the whole thing. | 但从整件事来看 总有一些不真实的地方 |
[1:06:20] | talk about doomed relationships. | 讨论下这命中注定的关系 |
[1:06:23] | i feel like gettin’ out. | 我想离开这 |
[1:06:25] | me too, emmet, but we’re broke. | 我也是,Emmet 但是我们已经身无分文了 |
[1:06:28] | he’s gonna give me my job back! he said so. | 他都准备恢复我的工作,他都说过的 |
[1:06:31] | if you show up on time, and then not always drunk. | 如果你准时出现,而且别总是喝醉 就不会那样了 |
[1:06:33] | somethin’ comes over me. i get cold sweats. | 发生的一些事让我出了一身冷汗 |
[1:06:35] | y ou’re not sorry we got married, are you? | 你不会为我们结婚感到抱歉,对么? |
[1:06:37] | of course not! y ou’re a beautiful woman. | 当然不会 你是个很漂亮的女人 |
[1:06:39] | – do you love me? – what’s this all about? | – 你爱我么? – 关这什么事? |
[1:06:42] | i’m trying to analyze your feelings so i can write about them. | 我想了解你的感受 这样我可以把它们写下来 |
[1:06:46] | i’m your husband. i’m not some goddamn book idea! | 我是你丈夫 不是你那些讨厌的书里的想法 |
[1:06:50] | have you ever cried over the loss of anyone? | 你曾经因失去某个人而哭过么? |
[1:06:53] | – y our mother, your father? – not in me. | – 你妈妈,你爸爸? – 别问我 |
[1:06:56] | y ou let your insides get to you and you’re finished. | 你了解你自己内心的感受,就行了 |
[1:06:59] | if you just let your feelings out, you might even play better. | 如果你把内心感受释放出来 你甚至会弹的更好 |
[1:07:03] | richer. | 更生动 |
[1:07:04] | someone else said that to me once. everybody knows everything. | 有人也和我那样说过 每个人都有自己的想法 |
[1:07:08] | i’ve been trying to analyze what separates your playing from django’s… | 我曾经试着去分析你和Django 在演奏时的区别 |
[1:07:11] | and i say it’s that his feelings are richer. | 我认为区别就在于他的感情更丰富 |
[1:07:13] | he’s not afraid to suffer in front of anybody. | 他不怕在任何人面前出丑 |
[1:07:17] | – he doesn’t hold things in check– – stop talking about django! | – 当他遇到挫折,他不会坚持到底 – 不要再提Django了! |
[1:07:20] | the guy haunts me. all right? enough about django. | 这家伙很烦 够了够了 |
[1:07:42] | y eah. | 你好 |
[1:07:44] | – i want to see mr. bedloe. – be back in a minute. | – 我想见Bedloe先生 – 过会再来 |
[1:07:47] | do you mind if i wait? | 不介意我在这等他吧? |
[1:07:50] | got an appointment? | 预约了么? |
[1:07:52] | – may i? – go ahead. | – 我能看么? – 看吧. |
[1:07:55] | nope. | 没有. |
[1:07:58] | – who are you? – i work for him. | – 你是谁? – 替他做事的 |
[1:08:03] | i’ve seen you around. | 我在哪见过你 |
[1:08:06] | – y ou’re his strong-arm man. – he don’t need no help. | – 你是他的保镖 – 他需要我的帮助 |
[1:08:10] | i saw you beat somebody up in the alley last week. | 我上个星期我看到 你在巷子里打了人 |
[1:08:15] | – y ou’re the guitar player’s wife. – that’s right. | – 你是那个吉他手的妻子 – 对. |
[1:08:18] | – i noticed you too. – y ou did? | – 我也注意到你了. – 你? |
[1:08:20] | lots of times. | 很多次 |
[1:08:27] | why does mr. bedloe need a bodyguard? | 为什么Bedloe需要保镖呢? |
[1:08:29] | y ou come here to ask for your husband’s job back? | 你来这是帮你丈夫挽回工作的? |
[1:08:31] | is it true mr. bedloe runs some rackets? | Bedloe先生过的花天酒地的生活 是真的么? |
[1:08:34] | joe thinks the world of your husband’s guitar playing. | Joe认为你丈夫是很棒的吉他手 |
[1:08:37] | he thinks he’s a genius, but– | 他认为他是个天才,但是… |
[1:08:40] | i mean, let’s be honest. either he comes in here late… | 老实说吧,他要不就来的很晚 |
[1:08:42] | or he comes in drunk or he don’t come in at all… | 要不就喝的醉熏熏的 要不就干脆不来了 |
[1:08:44] | and that’s no way to run a nightclub. | 这样夜总会根本就开不下去 |
[1:08:48] | i thinkjoe’s cooled down. he was pretty hot the other night. | 我想Joe现在已经平静下来了 前几个晚上他非常恼火 |
[1:08:53] | i hope you don’t mind me asking, but… | 问你个问题,希望你别介意 |
[1:08:57] | you’re wearing a gun, aren’t you? | 你戴了手枪,是么? |
[1:09:00] | not me. | 不是我 |
[1:09:02] | did you ever kill anyone? | 你杀过人么? |
[1:09:15] | don’t tell me that you never noticed me staring at you. | 不要跟我说我盯着你看的时候, 你从未注意到 |
[1:09:18] | – no, i– – y ou come in here a couple of nights. | – 没,我… – 你来过几个晚上 |
[1:09:20] | i couldn’t take my eyes off you. | 我无法把视线从你身上移开 |
[1:09:22] | – really? – i love that blue silk dress you wear. | – 真的? – 我喜欢你穿的那件蓝色的丝绸衣服 |
[1:09:27] | oh, yes. that– gee. | 哦,是的(惊讶) |
[1:09:31] | it’s warm in here. | 这里很热 |
[1:09:36] | morning, mr. bedloe. | 早上好,Bedloe先生 |
[1:09:38] | y ou’re a smart girl. y ou come from a good home. | 你是个很聪明的女孩 你出生于一个很好的家庭 |
[1:09:41] | what are you doin’ with a drunken guitar player for a husband? | 你怎么会让一个醉酒 的吉他手做你的丈夫? |
[1:09:44] | okay, he’s a brilliant musician, but who can live with him? | 当然,他是个很有才气的音乐家 但是谁会和他生活在一起? |
[1:09:47] | not me. i’ll bet it’s no picnic for you. | 不是我.我打赌你一定过的很累 |
[1:09:50] | he wants me to tell you he’s learned his lesson. | 他让我跟你说,他已经接受教训了 |
[1:09:52] | do you think i was born yesterday? | 你把我当小孩么? |
[1:09:54] | – i know you think he’s great. – great? his playin’ makes me cry. | – 你觉得他很棒 – 很棒? 他的弹奏令我很痛苦 |
[1:09:59] | does he bring in customers? some. | 当他上台时,他带来的那些顾客 |
[1:10:01] | mostly aficionados. when he shows up. | 大部分都是他的歌迷 |
[1:10:05] | we found him the other night staring at freight trains at 9:00. | 我们还有一天晚上九点钟 发现他一直盯着载货火车看 |
[1:10:08] | – he’s gonna turn over a new leaf. – right. | – 他想重新开始 – 是的 |
[1:10:10] | he’s through drinkin’. | 他不再喝酒了 |
[1:10:12] | right. all right, look. | 好,可以,听着 |
[1:10:15] | i’m a soft touch, but i don’t like to be made a fool. | 我很容易上当,但我不想再受骗 |
[1:10:18] | out of respect for you, who i like, i’m gonna give him one more shot. | 出于你的面子,我再给他一次机会 |
[1:10:23] | but if you want my advice, no genius is worth too much heartache. | 但是最好听我一句劝 这个天才不值得你心痛 |
[1:10:32] | – how’d you do? – he’s such a nice man. | – 怎么样? – 他是个很好的男人 |
[1:10:35] | y ou wanna celebrate? | 想庆祝一下么? |
[1:10:37] | – celebrate? – y eah, have a drink with me. | – 庆祝? – 对,喝一杯 |
[1:10:40] | come on. | 来吧 |
[1:10:43] | well, i guess. | 好吧,我认为 |
[1:10:45] | there are a few things i wouldn’t mind finding out. | 我应该了解一些事 |
[1:10:48] | i’m a writer, and extreme characters always fascinate me. | 我是个作家,我总是被 极端的个性所吸引 |
[1:10:52] | i ain’t so extreme. | 我不是很极端 |
[1:10:54] | everybody i ever rubbed out deserved it. | 我杀的每个人都该死 |
[1:10:56] | ” rubbed out”? | “杀死”? |
[1:10:58] | that’s so colorful and– | 太吸引人了 |
[1:11:00] | what goes through your mind when you’re rubbing someone out? | 当你在杀人的时候,脑子里在想什么? |
[1:11:03] | through my mind? | 脑子里? |
[1:11:06] | what do you think about when you pull the trigger? | 当你开枪的一瞬间,你会想些什么? |
[1:11:09] | well, i don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:11:11] | y et you’re able to just shoot someone. | 那么你就是单纯的杀人 |
[1:11:14] | i don’t want to shock you, but… | 不想吓你,但是… |
[1:11:17] | it always came natural to me. | 这一切对我来说很平常 |
[1:11:19] | really? | 是么? |
[1:11:21] | ever since i was 1 5 and i first picked up a gun… | 在15岁时,我第一次拿起手枪… |
[1:11:25] | i discovered that i had a knack for it. | 就发现我就找到窍门了 |
[1:11:28] | fascinating. | 太迷人了 |
[1:11:31] | – what are you doing? – y ou have very soft hair. | – 干什么? – 你的头发很软 |
[1:11:34] | – don’t. – why? | – 不要 – 为什么? |
[1:11:37] | i’m scared. | 我很害怕 |
[1:11:38] | because i kill for a living. | 因为我杀过人 |
[1:11:43] | because i find you attractive. | 不是,而是你太有魅力了 |
[1:11:58] | blanche was a writer. some kind of a writer. | Blanche是个作家,是那种 |
[1:12:02] | not famous or anything, but she was published. | 不是很著名的作家,但她发表过作品 |
[1:12:05] | /n fact, she wrote a story called… | 事实上,她写过一篇小说叫做 |
[1:12:09] | ”strutting and fretting. ” | “自负和烦恼” |
[1:12:11] | and it’s vaguely about some of the stormy times she and emmet were having. | 隐隐约约的写了 关于她和Emmet的那段暴风雨时期 |
[1:12:18] | why am / bored with my husband? | 为什么我这么讨厌自己的丈夫 |
[1:12:20] | /t’s all so complicated. | 我也说不清 |
[1:12:23] | /n the end, / married for the wrong reasons. | 最终,我结错了婚 |
[1:12:26] | and why emmet rushed into marriage with me is a mystery. | 为什么Emmet急着和我结婚 这始终是个迷 |
[1:12:32] | five in the corner. | 拐角的五号球 |
[1:12:37] | – that’s all she wrote. – lucky shot. | – 那都是她写的 – 幸运球. |
[1:12:40] | y ou couldn’t make that shot again if you tried. | 你再打一次,肯定打不出那样的球 |
[1:12:43] | don’t give me that. just hand it over. | 不要给我,只是暂时放这 |
[1:12:46] | i’m one of the two, three top pool players in the country. | 我是这个国家仅有的2,3个 球技最烂的当中的一个 |
[1:12:48] | no shame in losin’ to me. thank you very much. | 输给我没什么丢脸的 谢谢 |
[1:12:51] | – come here. i want to talk to you. – y eah. | – 过来,有话跟你说 – 好 |
[1:12:54] | look, we know each other, right? | 我们很熟,是么? |
[1:12:56] | i don’t like to cause any problems… | 我不想你有事 |
[1:12:58] | so i wanted to give you a little tip. | 所以我想给你提个醒 |
[1:13:01] | on a horse? couple of beers. | 赌马?两瓶啤酒 |
[1:13:02] | no, not on a horse. | 不,不是赌马 |
[1:13:05] | i want to give you a tip. | 我要提醒你 |
[1:13:07] | keep an eye on your wife. | 看好你的妻子 |
[1:13:09] | – what do you mean? -just keep an eye on her. | – 什么意思? – 就是看好她. |
[1:13:12] | why? | 为什么? |
[1:13:14] | because she’s been spendin’ a lot of time with al torrio. | 因为他经常和al Torrio在一起 |
[1:13:19] | who? | 谁? |
[1:13:21] | al torrio. the hood that hangs around bedloe. | Al Torrio,Bedloe身边的那个枪手 |
[1:13:23] | the bodyguard? and blanche? are you nuts? | 那个保镖?和 Blanche? 胡说八道 |
[1:13:26] | -just tellin’ you what’s goin’ around. – what kind of mind you got? | – 只是让你知道有这事 – 你是怎么想的? |
[1:13:29] | blanche’d never make a fool outta me with some strong-arm stooge. | Blanche从来不会欺骗我,和保镖在一起 |
[1:13:33] | – where’d you hear this? – here and there. | – 你从哪听来的? – 哪里都能听到 |
[1:13:35] | that’s why i’m telling you. i didn’t think you’d want people laughin’ at you. | 这也是为什么我告诉你, 我不想别人嘲笑你 |
[1:13:38] | laughin’ at me? y ou know how rumors get started. | 嘲笑我? 你应该知道谣言是怎么来的 |
[1:13:44] | come on. this is what happens when you have a wife everybody’s envious of. | 当你有一个人人都嫉妒 的妻子时,谣言就产生了 |
[1:13:48] | it’s jealousy, but i’m not the jealous type. | 这是嫉妒 但我不喜欢嫉妒别人 |
[1:13:50] | – they’re tryin’ to knock me down. – hope you’re right. | – 他们只是想打垮我 – 希望你是对的 |
[1:14:11] | i’ve heard stories about this from musicians… | 我从音乐家那里听说过这些事 |
[1:14:14] | i’ve read about it, but i don’t really know. | 我也读过这本书 但我确实没听过 |
[1:14:17] | i know that… | 我知道 |
[1:14:18] | apparently, emmet tried to follow blanche one day. | 有一天,Emmet试着跟踪Blanche |
[1:14:22] | / believe she told him she was going to the dentist or something… | 我确定她一定是跟他说去 看牙医或做其他的事去了 |
[1:14:25] | and he followed her. | 他跟踪了她 |
[1:15:10] | y ou gotta go home right away? | 你想马上回家么? |
[1:15:12] | i think emmet’s at the poolroom. | 我想Emmet一定在赌场 |
[1:15:15] | come on. let’s go for a drive. | 走,兜风去 |
[1:15:22] | y ou know, i didn’t care too much for that movie. | 我并不太喜欢那部电影 |
[1:15:24] | – no? – i like cagney. | – 不喜欢? – 我喜欢那种带有 |
[1:15:26] | guns, bullets, shootin’, a little action. | 手枪,弹药,枪杀这些 内容的动作片 |
[1:15:29] | how does it feel when you actually kill? | 当你真正杀人的时候 你什么感觉? |
[1:15:32] | what goes through your mind? | 你脑子里都想些什么? |
[1:15:35] | what do you gotta ask the questions for all the time? | 你怎么老是问我这个问题? |
[1:15:37] | because i wanna know. | 因为我想知道 |
[1:15:39] | emmet has a violent side, but it all turns to passion in his music. | Emmet有时很暴躁 但他的音乐却富有激情 |
[1:15:44] | with you there’s just not a shred of sublimation. | 你只是没有得到升华 |
[1:15:47] | it’s incredible. | 难以置信! |
[1:15:49] | let me ask you one question. | 问你个问题 |
[1:15:51] | who makes love to you better, me or him? | 你和谁做爱感觉更好? 我还是他? |
[1:15:55] | emmet is an artist, and because he’s an artist… | Emmet是个艺术家 也正因为他是艺术家 |
[1:15:57] | he needs no one. | 他不需要任何人 |
[1:16:00] | even making love, he seems to exist in a world all of his own. | 即使在做爱的时候 他似乎也只活在他自己的世界里 |
[1:16:05] | with you i feel like i’m looking right into the heart of darkness. | 而和你一起 这种感觉就好比黑暗中的一丝温暖 |
[1:16:09] | i become crazy when you touch me. | 当你摸我的时候,我会很疯狂 |
[1:16:13] | Okay, so now emmet is fuming. | Emmet现在非常愤怒 |
[1:16:13] | Okay, so now emmet is fuming. | Emmet现在非常愤怒 |
[1:16:15] | / mean, he found out that torrio and blanche… | 他发现Torrio和Blanche |
[1:16:18] | have gone to bed with each other, that they’re lovers. | 已经上过床了,成了情人 |
[1:16:21] | and he’s consumed with rage. | 他愤怒到了极点 |
[1:16:23] | now,just at that moment, torrio decides to pull off the road… | 就在那时,Torrio开下了路面 |
[1:16:28] | and go into a gas station to buy some cigarettes. | 想去加油站买包烟 |
[1:16:31] | and there’s emmet in the back of the car… | Emmet在车的后排座上 |
[1:16:34] | and he’s trying very hard to figure out who he wants to shoot. | 他竭尽全力去想到底干掉谁 |
[1:16:37] | does he want to shoot blanche? torrio? | 是Blanche?Torrio? |
[1:16:40] | should he shoot both of them together? | 还是应该两个一起干掉 |
[1:16:42] | he’s working on this problem. | 他一直在思考这个问题 |
[1:16:44] | they go into the store, and exactly at that moment… | 他们走进商店,可就在那时… |
[1:16:48] | a holdup is taking place. | 发生了一起抢劫案 |
[1:16:50] | two guys come running out. they don’t know what to do. | 两个家伙跑出来后不知道干什么 |
[1:16:55] | all hell is breaking loose. there’s gunshots. | 当时一团糟,只有枪声 |
[1:16:57] | /nstead of taking their car– | 他们没有开自己的车 |
[1:16:59] | torrio’s got a big car. they jump in that and pull off. | 而是看上了Torrio的那辆大点的车子 然后跟着跳进车里,开走了 |
[1:17:19] | calling all cars. | 呼叫所有车辆 |
[1:17:45] | i’m emmet ray. | 我是Emmet Ray |
[1:17:46] | i’m the greatest guitar player in the world. | 世界上最棒的吉他手 |
[1:17:49] | except maybe this gypsy. | 也许要除了那个吉普赛人 |
[1:17:52] | perhaps you heard my recording of ”y ou were meant for me,” rca victor. | 也许你们听过我的唱片“你是故意的” |
[1:17:56] | you were meant for me | 你是故意的 |
[1:18:01] | that’s not what i heard. | 我听说的不是这样 |
[1:18:02] | that’s not what i heard. | 我听说的不是这样 |
[1:18:03] | but like all emmet ray stories… | 但象Emmet Ray的所有故事一样… |
[1:18:05] | you never know what’s made up, exaggerated, true. | 你永远都不知道什么 是虚假,夸大和真实的 |
[1:18:09] | y ou never know what to believe. what i heard was this. | 也永远不知道该去相信什么 我听说的是这样的 |
[1:18:12] | / heard that when they pulled into the gas station… | 当他们进入加油站的时候 |
[1:18:15] | blanche gets out to get some cigarettes… | Blanche下来,去买些烟… |
[1:18:18] | and that’s when he confronted them. | 就在那时他出现在他们面前 |
[1:18:21] | how could you? how could you cheat on me with a bum like that? | 你怎么能?你怎么可以欺骗我 和流浪汗在一起 |
[1:18:25] | emmet, don’t! | Emmet,不要 |
[1:18:26] | make a fool out of me in front of everybody! | 在别人面前欺骗了我 |
[1:18:28] | so i slept with him. but i was just researching a book! | 我和他上床,只是想做些研究 |
[1:18:31] | i loved you! | 我爱你! |
[1:18:34] | don’t be crazy. do something! | 不要这样 你说话啊 |
[1:18:38] | i’m sorry. my tire blew out. | 抱歉,车胎爆了 |
[1:18:42] | believe me, he never tried to kill himself, because emmet ray was– | 相信我,他从未想过要自杀 因为Emmet Ray… |
[1:18:46] | he had much too much ego for anything like that. | 做任何事情都非常非常自负 |
[1:18:52] | a story that eddie condon tells about– | Eddie Condon跟我们讲了一个故事 |
[1:18:54] | and eddie condon definitely was not a reliable source… | 但他所说的也不一定就是事实 |
[1:18:56] | ’cause he was a big embellisher himself. | 因为他喜欢添枝加叶 |
[1:18:59] | but the story eddie condon tells, i believe… | 不过Eddie Condon所说的 我想 |
[1:19:03] | is that torrio was aware… | Torrio早就意识到… |
[1:19:05] | that the fact that he was a gangster was a big turn-on for blanche. | 然后他突然成了强盗 Blanche一定会很兴奋 |
[1:19:09] | and so he decided… | 于是他决定… |
[1:19:10] | and so he decided… | 于是他决定… |
[1:19:11] | that he would pull into this gas station… | 走进加油站后 |
[1:19:15] | and he would stick it up. | 持枪抢劫 |
[1:19:22] | – can i help you, sir? – get your hands in the air, pops. | – 先生,请问要点什么? – 把手举起来(枪声) |
[1:19:25] | give me everything in the register! | 把东西全部交出来! |
[1:19:27] | emmet was so panicked by hearing gunshots… | Emmet听到枪声十分恐慌, |
[1:19:30] | he crept into the front seat and took off. | 爬到前排座位,跳了下去 |
[1:19:33] | he didn’t get more than 50 feet before he crashed into an oncoming car. | 没开到50英尺,就和 对面一辆来车撞上了 |
[1:19:38] | now there’s this terrible crash. miraculously, no one is hurt. | 撞的很严重 但不可思议的是,没有人受伤 |
[1:19:42] | and who gets out of the car but a group of musicians. | 从车上下来的是一些音乐人 |
[1:19:46] | / can’t remember who it was. | 我记不清是哪些人 |
[1:19:48] | /t was like buck clayton, coleman hawkins, teddy wilson or something. | 大概就是 Buck Clayton, Coleman Hawkins, Teddy Wilson这些人 |
[1:19:52] | but there, suddenly, standing in front of emmet… | 可突然间,站在Emmet面前的… |
[1:19:56] | is django reinhardt. | 是Django Reinhardt |
[1:20:12] | i believe later that year… | 那年以后 |
[1:20:15] | emmet turned up in new jersey… | Emmet出现在新泽西 |
[1:20:17] | and made that recording he did of one of his own compositions. | 录制了他自己创作的一张唱片 |
[1:20:22] | ” unfaithful woman.” | “背叛的女人” |
[1:20:48] | very good, everybody. | 非常好 |
[1:20:50] | – particularly me. – that was great. and me. | – 尤其是我 – 我也很棒 |
[1:20:53] | – let’s go get somethin’ to eat. – emmet, we’re going to new y ork. | – 我们吃点东西去 – Emmet, 我们要去纽约了 |
[1:20:56] | we’re goin’ to new y ork. the big money. | 我们要去纽约,赚大钱 |
[1:21:00] | can i get those cigarettes? | 我能抽一根烟么? |
[1:21:02] | em, i tell you, the music business really picked up,just like you said. | 可以,正如你说的那样 音乐界真的崛起了 |
[1:21:06] | we got some dancers lined up for tonight, pretty ones. they are wild. | 今晚就有舞女排队了, 都是些漂亮的,很疯狂 |
[1:22:00] | how are you? | 你好么? |
[1:22:05] | y ou look healthy. | 你看起来很健康 |
[1:22:11] | i’m in town makin’ a record. | 我来城里录唱片 |
[1:22:14] | i wrote a beautiful tune. it’s a classic. | 我写了一首很好听的曲子,是古典的 |
[1:22:20] | i’m sorry i cut out on you like that. | 很抱歉那次离开你 |
[1:22:24] | it was time to move on. | 因为到了我继续前进的时候了 |
[1:22:26] | i was fair. i told you not to fall in love with me. | 我很明白的告诉过你不要爱我 |
[1:22:29] | it’s nothin’ personal. | 不是自身的原因 |
[1:22:31] | it’s just, i’m an artist. | 而是因为我是个艺术家 |
[1:22:37] | i like women, but they gotta have their place. | 我喜欢女人,但是她们要有自己的空间 |
[1:22:44] | y ou angry with me? | 你生我的气了? |
[1:22:48] | y ou have every right to be. | 你有这个权利 |
[1:22:49] | i don’t hold it against you. | 我不是对你有偏见 |
[1:22:53] | i even thought of you a couple of times. | 我还甚至想过你 |
[1:22:58] | my wife said… | 我妻子说… |
[1:23:00] | i said your name once in my sleep. | 我曾经在睡觉的是时候喊过你的名字 |
[1:23:06] | must have had a nightmare or somethin’. | 一定是做了什么噩梦 |
[1:23:11] | y eah. | 对 |
[1:23:13] | i had a wife. she’s gone now, and believe me, i don’t miss her. | 我有个妻子,她现在离开我了 不过相信我,我不想她 |
[1:23:17] | i don’t mean to say i miss you either… | 并不表示我就想你 |
[1:23:19] | but i didn’t have any bad feelings about you. | 但我对你也没什么坏感 |
[1:23:25] | we got a real good contract at a club in new y ork for a year. good dough. | 我们和纽约的酒吧签订了一年合同 价格不错 |
[1:23:35] | maybe you’d like to come. | 也许你想过来 |
[1:23:38] | y ou know? | 你知道么 |
[1:23:40] | i’m not makin’ any promises, but– | 虽然我没给你任何承诺 |
[1:23:42] | i think you might have fun. | 但我想你也很开心 |
[1:23:45] | y ou’d be in new y ork with… | 你和世界上 |
[1:23:49] | one of the two best guitar players in the world… | 数一数二的吉他手在纽约… |
[1:23:54] | six best poker players. | 还有六个最好的牌手 |
[1:23:56] | not countin’ that. | 那个不算 |
[1:24:01] | we leave tomorrow, if you want. | 如果你愿意的话,明天我们就出发 |
[1:24:03] | if you don’t, i understand. | 如果你不想,我也理解你 |
[1:24:04] | y ou know? then it’d be ”it was nice seeing you again. | 一定是“很高兴见到你 |
[1:24:08] | good luck.” | 好运”之类的话 |
[1:24:12] | i never could get your handwritin’. | 我从没看懂过你的字 |
[1:24:24] | happily? | 幸福? |
[1:24:28] | got kids? | 有了孩子? |
[1:24:34] | boy or girl? | 男孩女孩? |
[1:24:37] | boy? | 男孩? |
[1:24:40] | girl? | 女孩? |
[1:24:46] | it’s just as well. | 这没什么 |
[1:24:49] | i wouldn’t want to give you the wrong impression. y ou’d get attached to me. | 我不想给你留下不好的印象 你会撵着我 |
[1:24:53] | and you know me. i can’t take entanglements. | 你知道我的,我不想和任何人纠缠不清 |
[1:24:59] | i gotta go. we’re gonna take some chorus girls out tonight. | 我要走了 今晚会带一些舞女出去 |
[1:25:03] | and i’m leavin’ tomorrow. | 明早走 |
[1:25:09] | take it easy. | 放轻松点 |
[1:26:08] | i’m the greatest solo instrumentalist on the guitar you’ll ever hear. | 你将会听到我是最优秀的吉他独奏家 |
[1:26:13] | oh, yeah? | 哦,是么? |
[1:26:14] | the public’s just getting to know my name. next year, i’ll be in the money. | 大家就快知道我的名字了 明年,我会很有钱 |
[1:26:20] | y ou’re a real looker. y ou are a real looker. | 你长的很好看 你长的真的很不错 |
[1:26:23] | – y ou’re not that bad yourself. – i mean it! | -你也不差 -我知道 |
[1:26:26] | maybe that’s why the men give me a lot of tips when i dance. | 也许这就是为什么那些男人 在我跳舞的时候给我很多小费 |
[1:26:30] | y ou wanna go watch trains? | 你想去看火车么? |
[1:26:32] | what? | 什么? |
[1:26:33] | – come on. – trains? | – 跟我走 – 火车? |
[1:26:35] | wait. where are we going? | 等等,我们要去哪? |
[1:26:36] | -jesus. – outta the way. | -天哪 -闪开. |
[1:26:39] | grab my stuff.jesus. | 我的天 |
[1:26:42] | – where are we going? – my cigarettes! | -我们去哪? -我的烟呢! |
[1:26:44] | where do you think you’re taking me? | 你要带我去哪? |
[1:26:50] | where’s my cigarettes? | 我的烟在哪? |
[1:26:51] | leave them alone. let’s just go. | 别带东西了 就这样走吧 |
[1:26:55] | come on. let’s go watch trains. | 走,去看火车去 |
[1:27:15] | y ou almost lost me there, you know. did you see that? | 你差点把我丢下去,你没看到么? |
[1:27:19] | jesus. what are we doing here? | 上帝,我们来这干吗? |
[1:27:22] | i like to sit out… | 我喜欢坐在外面… |
[1:27:25] | and look at the trains pass. | 看着火车驶过 |
[1:27:27] | y eah. to each his own, i say. | 是 |
[1:27:30] | i mean, i don’t understand it. | 可我实在不明白 |
[1:27:32] | i can make my guitar sound like a train. | 我可以让我的吉他 发出火车的声音 |
[1:27:35] | god! i mean, i’m a nice girl. | 象我这么漂亮的女孩 |
[1:27:38] | i don’t understand why you’d bring me here. | 我真不明白你为什么带我来这儿 |
[1:27:41] | i can make my guitar sound just like a train. | 我可以让我的吉他 发出火车的声音 |
[1:27:45] | i got a warm room we can go to. | 我有一间温暖的屋子,我们可以去 |
[1:27:48] | come on. i’ll take care of you. | 我会好好的待你 |
[1:27:51] | come on. it’s nice. | 来吧,很不错 |
[1:27:54] | jesus, i don’t understand why you would bring a nice girl like me out here. | 天哪,我真不明白为什么你 把我们这么漂亮的女孩带到这来 |
[1:28:01] | i’m takin’ requests. | 我问你个问题 |
[1:28:03] | do you know ”sweet sue”? | -你听过“美好的请求”么 -没 |
[1:29:44] | all right, are you finished? can we go now? | 够了么? 我们现在能走了么 |
[1:29:46] | i really have to pee, you know. i gotta go to the bathroom. | 我要撒尿,我要上厕所 |
[1:29:51] | – what’s the matter with you? – go on. | – 你怎么了? – 走吧. |
[1:29:53] | – what? – get outta here. | – 什么? – 走开. |
[1:29:55] | what? what are you talk– | 什么?你说什么? |
[1:29:57] | – y ou dragged me out here. -just leave me alone. | – 你把我拽到这来 – 不要管我. |
[1:30:00] | – what? – leave me alone! | – 什么 – 别管我 |
[1:30:02] | i don’t need anybody! | 我不需要任何人 |
[1:30:05] | – i made a mistake! – y eah. i’ll say. | – 我犯了个错误! – 对,我正要说 |
[1:30:09] | i made mistake! | 我错了! |
[1:30:38] | / have no idea what happened to emmet ray. | 我不知道Emmet Ray后来发生了什么 |
[1:30:41] | he just sort of disappeared, / guess. | 我猜他大概消失了 |
[1:30:45] | he did make, though, in those last couple of years… | 虽然在那几年,他确实 |
[1:30:48] | he made really his best recordings. | 制作了最好的唱片 |
[1:30:50] | he never played more beautifully, more movingly. | 但后来就再也没有比那更动听的了 |
[1:30:55] | something just seemed to kind of open up in him. | 也许在他身上发生了一些事 |
[1:30:57] | it was amazing, because he was, finally… | 不可思议的是,到最后… |
[1:31:00] | every bit as good as django reinhardt. | 他完全和Django Reinhardt一样优秀 |
[1:31:02] | and then he just, you know, seemed to fade away. | 而后,他就慢慢凋谢了 |
[1:31:06] | i mean, i have no idea. | 我不太清楚 |
[1:31:09] | some people said he went to europe. | 有人说他去了欧洲 |
[1:31:11] | and some people feel that he may have stopped playing altogether. | 也有人感觉他可能不再演奏了 |
[1:31:16] | but we do have, fortunately, those last recordings he made. | 但是幸运的是,我们还能听到 他后来制作的那些唱片 |
[1:31:23] | and they’re great. they’re absolutely beautiful. | 很棒,真的非常好听 甜蜜的结局 -=结束=- |