时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Perhaps, I could suggest that you killed her. | 也许我可以说是你杀了她 是你吗 |
[00:04] | Are you making a joke? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[00:07] | Did you? | 是你吗 |
[00:08] | 祸根 前情回顾 | |
[00:10] | Haley feels that it’s important that he gets out on bail. | 海莉觉得保释他出来很重要 |
[00:12] | You’ll be able to contribute to his defense | 他将能够以更有意义的方式 |
[00:14] | in a more meaningful way. | 为自己的辩护做出贡献 |
[00:18] | I’m obviously very happy to be out, | 我很高兴能保释出来 |
[00:20] | and I look forward to clearing my name in court | 我很期待在法庭上为自己正名 |
[00:22] | and proving that I’m innocent. | 证明我是无辜的 |
[00:24] | We’re not in this together. | 我们不是一伙的 |
[00:27] | I’m gonna play the role, the assigned role, | 我要撑起的角色 是妻子的角色 |
[00:29] | and that’s it. | 仅此而已 |
[00:32] | You just committed witness tampering. | 你这是骚扰证人罪 |
[00:35] | You actually did think you could change his mind, didn’t you? | 你真的觉得你能改变他的想法 对吗 |
[00:37] | Oh, my God. Of course. | 天哪 当然了 |
[00:39] | We’re gonna do a TV interview. | 我们要做一个电视采访 |
[00:41] | Let the people see for themselves. | 所有人都能看到 |
[00:42] | What you want them to see? | 你想让他们看到什么 |
[00:44] | That in all this, I lost someone I loved! | 在这次事件中 我失去了我所爱之人 |
[02:28] | Let’s not forget that, uh… | 别忘了 |
[02:33] | that in all this… | 在这次事件中 |
[02:36] | I lost someone I love. | 我失去了我所爱之人 |
[02:40] | So you still say you didn’t kill her? | 所以你还是坚持自己没有杀她吗 |
[02:42] | Well, I say, I say that because I did not kill her. | 我这么说 就是因为我没有杀她 |
[02:45] | You loved this woman. You knew her. You knew her life. | 你爱这个女人 你了解她 你了解她的生活 |
[02:48] | Do you have some idea who did? | 你知道是谁干的吗 |
[02:58] | I do. Yeah. | 嗯 我知道 |
[03:05] | How you doing, Henry? | 你好吗 亨利 |
[03:08] | – Good, thanks, sir. – Yeah? | -挺好 谢谢 先生 -是吗 |
[03:34] | Why were you there that night? | 那晚你为什么在那里 |
[03:38] | Outside her apartment? | 在她公寓外面 |
[03:41] | Because I was, I was walking. | 因为我当时在散步 |
[03:43] | Like I always do. I didn’t know where I was. | 我一向如此 我不知道走到哪了 |
[03:45] | I’ve told you this many times. | 我跟你说过很多次了 |
[03:47] | It is just such a coincidence, isn’t it, that… | 真是太巧了 不是吗 |
[03:50] | I was having an affair with her, and, and, you were there. | 我和她有婚外情 你也在场 |
[03:53] | Just as I was, or just had been. Oh, my God. | 和我一样 或者曾经一样 我的天哪 |
[03:56] | What are you asking me? | 你到底问我什么 |
[03:58] | Were you following me? | 你在跟踪我吗 |
[04:04] | Was I following you? | 我跟踪你 |
[04:07] | Were you? | 是吗 |
[04:10] | Were you following me? | 你在跟踪我吗 |
[04:12] | – Are you fucking kidding me? – Were you following me, Grace? | -你搞笑呢吗 -你在跟踪我吗 格蕾丝 |
[04:14] | – Don’t you dare say that– – Are you Jonathan Fraser? | -你敢这么说 -你是乔纳森·弗雷泽吗 |
[04:17] | I’m sorry. Excuse me. | 抱歉 打扰一下 |
[04:17] | – Can we take a selfie with you? – This is wild! | -能跟你自拍合影吗 -太疯狂了 |
[04:19] | – Johnny! Right here! -No. No. | -强尼 这里呢 -不行 |
[04:21] | – Quick selfie. – No. No. Come on. | -来张自拍 -不 不 别这样 |
[04:22] | -This is– – Grace! Grace! | -简直了 -格蕾丝 格蕾丝 |
[04:41] | How are we doing? | 进展如何 |
[04:45] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[04:52] | I think we’re both, um… | 我觉得我们都 |
[04:55] | A little pre-trial nerves, that’s all. | 只是有点预审前紧张而已 |
[05:01] | Look, they have a strong case. No question. | 他们证据确凿 毫无疑问 |
[05:04] | But it’s circumstantial. | 但都是间接证据 |
[05:06] | Nobody saw anything. | 没有人目击 |
[05:08] | They don’t have a murder weapon, | 他们没找到凶器 |
[05:09] | and some of the science actually helps us. | 一些科学事实上帮助了我们 |
[05:12] | Their case is vulnerable. | 他们的情况站不住脚 |
[05:14] | So you keep saying, um, | 你一直这么说 |
[05:15] | although with a little more anxiety each time you say it. | 尽管你每次说的时候都会有点焦虑 |
[05:18] | Here’s my question. | 我的问题是 |
[05:20] | What’s our case, Haley? | 我们的情况如何 海莉 |
[05:21] | Because I don’t really have clarity on that. | 因为我不太清楚 |
[05:26] | Our defense is wait and see. | 我们的辩护要静观其变 |
[05:29] | I told you. It’s fluid. | 我告诉过你了 不固定 |
[05:31] | Fluid. Okay, great. That gives me great confidence. Thank you. | 不固定 好的 很好 让我很有信心 谢谢 |
[05:34] | It depends on what they throw at us. | 那要看他们怎么对付我们了 |
[05:36] | Okay. Let’s break it down. | 好吧 我们来分析一下 |
[05:39] | Our case is you. | 我们的情况是你 |
[05:41] | You say you didn’t do it. | 你说不是你干的 |
[05:44] | Explain why you ran. | 解释一下你为什么要跑 |
[05:47] | And our case is you. | 我们的情况是你 |
[05:50] | You say, “Believe what he just said.” | 你说 相信他所说的 |
[05:52] | I can’t imagine that the word of a devoted wife | 我无法想象一个忠诚的妻子的话 |
[05:54] | would carry much weight. | 会有多重的份量 |
[05:56] | Are you devoted, Grace? | 你忠诚吗 格蕾丝 |
[05:59] | I’m here. | 我人都来了 |
[06:00] | Under the circumstances, I think I deserve a medal. | 在这种情况下 我觉得我应该立牌坊了 |
[06:09] | We have seven women on the jury. | 陪审团里有七个女人 |
[06:12] | These five… | 这五位 |
[06:15] | are educated, working professionals. | 都是受过教育的职业人士 |
[06:18] | Just like you. | 就像你一样 |
[06:21] | These two… | 这两位 |
[06:23] | have been cheated on by their husbands. | 被丈夫出轨了 |
[06:28] | Just like you. | 就像你一样 |
[06:31] | And then there’s this guy. | 还有这个人 |
[06:33] | He knows better than most that infidelity doesn’t mean murder. | 他比大多数人更清楚 不忠并不意味着谋杀 |
[06:37] | He’s having an affair, himself. | 他自己也有外遇 |
[06:39] | How could you possibly know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[06:41] | I know all these people. | 这些人我都了解 |
[06:43] | We piggyback on the algorithms of both Amazon and Google. | 我们利用亚马逊和谷歌的算法 |
[06:46] | I know where they go shopping. Where they go to eat. | 我知道他们去哪购物 他们去哪里吃饭 |
[06:49] | Where they go on vacation. We know it all. | 他们去哪里度假 我们都知道 |
[06:52] | We’re already targeting their Instagram and Facebook accounts | 我们已经锁定了他们 |
[06:54] | with pro-defense news feeds. | 支持辩护的图享和脸书账号 |
[06:56] | Is that legal? | 这合法吗 |
[06:59] | It’s gray enough to get away with. | 构不成法律惩罚 |
[07:01] | We do have one little problem. | 我们确实有个小问题 |
[07:03] | The same question keeps coming up in all our focus trials. | 我们所有的对照测试都会出现同样的问题 |
[07:07] | If you didn’t do it, then who did? | 如果不是你干的 那是谁干的 |
[07:11] | We need to offer up another suspect. | 我们得提供另一个嫌疑人 |
[07:19] | Well, what about his alibi? | 那他的不在场证明呢 |
[07:21] | Oh, it stinks. I can nick it. | 很烦人 我能搞定 |
[07:26] | Take his hand, would you please? | 握住他的手 好吗 |
[07:30] | I mean, now. | 现在就握住 |
[07:32] | – Why? – Because I said so. | -为什么 -因为是我要求的 |
[07:36] | Do it. | 快点 |
[07:54] | Feel his hand. | 感觉他的手 |
[07:57] | Feel hers. | 感觉她的 |
[08:00] | Feel together. | 一起感受 |
[08:04] | If you two don’t feel it, neither will the jury. | 如果你俩没感觉 陪审团也不会 |
[08:13] | I’m not feeling that. | 我没感觉 |
[08:14] | What is the point of this? | 这有什么意义 |
[08:16] | The point is that you two need to be one in the room. | 重点是你们俩得合二为一 |
[08:19] | In effect, you’ll be giving testimony every single day. | 事实是你每天都要出庭作证 |
[08:22] | Every single minute of this trial. | 庭审的每一分钟 |
[08:26] | The jurors will be studying you for signs. | 陪审员们会研究你们的迹象 |
[08:28] | Is he human? | 他有人性吗 |
[08:30] | Does she believe him? | 她相信他吗 |
[08:33] | Does she still love him? | 她还爱他吗 |
[08:38] | They will constantly be taking measure of you. | 他们会一直评估你们俩 |
[08:41] | Individually, and jointly. | 分别评估 一起评估 |
[09:13] | Look, juries don’t like to convict good-looking people. | 陪审团不喜欢给帅哥定罪 |
[09:15] | They certainly don’t like to imprison doctors, | 他们当然不希望让医生坐牢 |
[09:18] | and they don’t like to punish the wealthy. | 他们也不喜欢惩罚有钱人 |
[09:20] | As much as we think we like to stick it to the rich, | 尽管我们认为自己喜欢和富人过不去 |
[09:23] | in the end, we don’t. | 到最后 我们并非如此 |
[09:25] | We never do. | 从来没有 |
[09:27] | The idea that jurors don’t come into this | 陪审员不能带着先入之见 |
[09:29] | with preconceived notions, | 参与这个案件 |
[09:30] | that’s just preposterous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[09:32] | This case has been so well-reported, | 这个案子已经报道得人尽皆知了 |
[09:34] | I might go as far as to say that these jurors are liars. | 我只能说这些陪审员都是骗子 |
[09:37] | I mean, to get on this panel, | 我是说 想加入这个陪审团 |
[09:39] | they would have had to have declared | 他们必须声明 |
[09:40] | that they know nothing about this case. | 他们对这个案子一无所知 |
[09:43] | Does anybody– | 是否有人… |
[09:46] | It’s just entertainment. | 简直是娱乐大众 |
[09:48] | Which you need to be a part of. | 你也得参与其中 |
[09:53] | The jury will know who you are. | 陪审团会知道你是谁 |
[09:57] | Haley says that they notice everything. | 海莉说他们什么都会注意到 |
[10:00] | Your presence. Your reactions. | 你的出场 你的反应 |
[10:01] | – It all matters. – Grace. | -都很重要 -格蕾丝 |
[10:05] | You’re doing this for your grandson. | 你这么做是为了你孙子 |
[10:06] | I will be at your side, | 我会在你身边 |
[10:08] | tomorrow and beyond. | 从今往后都如此 |
[10:12] | But the idea that this best serves Henry | 但认为这样对亨利最有利的话 |
[10:17] | is absolute nonsense. | 完全是无稽之谈 |
[10:21] | Murderer or not, Jonathan must be kept | 不管乔纳森是不是杀人犯 他都必须 |
[10:23] | as far away from your son as possible. | 离你儿子越远越好 |
[10:59] | FiveThirtyEight is reporting | 538今早报道 |
[11:00] | an 83% chance of conviction this morning, | 有83%的可能性定罪 |
[11:02] | down three points from just yesterday… | 相比昨天下降三个点 |
[11:27] | Plans for a last-minute plea deal either never materialized, | 在最后一刻达成认罪协议的计划要么没有实现 |
[11:31] | or were squashed. | 要么就被否决了 |
[11:44] | How is Grace doing? | 格蕾丝还好吗 |
[11:46] | Are you speaking to your son-in-law? | 你还跟你女婿说话吗 |
[12:03] | Take all the metal out of your pockets, please. | 请把口袋里的金属物品都拿出来 |
[12:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:18] | Next, please. | 下一位 |
[12:31] | Step up. | 上前 |
[12:33] | Take all the metal out of your pockets, please. | 请把口袋里的金属物品都拿出来 |
[13:11] | Murder is ugly business. | 谋杀是肮脏的勾当 |
[13:14] | I must warn you, | 我必须提醒各位 |
[13:16] | whatever you’ve heard, whatever your predispositions, | 不管你听说过什么 有何倾向 |
[13:21] | this one, | 这次案件 |
[13:23] | it’s worse than you think. | 比你想中更要恶劣 |
[13:26] | The evidence will show that | 证据会表明 |
[13:28] | Jonathan Fraser was having an affair with the victim. | 乔纳森·弗雷泽和死者有婚外情 |
[13:32] | That he went to the victim’s studio | 他于2019年1月8日晚 |
[13:35] | on the night of January 8th, 2019. | 去了死者的工作室 |
[13:40] | That he sexually penetrated her. | 他和她发生了性关系 |
[13:44] | That he then violently, | 然后他暴力地 |
[13:47] | savagely, | 野蛮地 |
[13:48] | beat her to death. | 将她殴打致死 |
[13:52] | He then fled the scene and went into hiding, | 然后他逃离了现场 躲了起来 |
[13:56] | before he was captured. | 在他被捕之前 |
[13:59] | Elena Alves was bludgeoned so badly, | 埃琳娜·阿尔维斯被重击 |
[14:03] | so viciously, | 如此恶毒 |
[14:04] | she was unrecognizable to her own husband. | 以至她丈夫都认不出来她了 |
[14:10] | She was first discovered | 首先发现死者的是 |
[14:12] | by her 10-year-old son, Miguel. | 她十岁的儿子米格尔 |
[14:16] | She was hit with a blunt instrument 11 times. | 她被钝器击打了11次 |
[14:21] | The medical examiner found | 法医发现 |
[14:22] | that the wounds inflicted were consistent with a sculpting hammer, | 死者伤口与雕刻锤吻合 |
[14:27] | which belonged to the victim. | 雕刻锤属于死者 |
[14:29] | A hammer which was never found. | 这把锤子至今没有找打 |
[14:44] | It could have been a hammer like this one. | 可能是像这样的锤子 |
[14:59] | He turned her skull into mush. | 他把她的头骨砸成了浆糊 |
[15:02] | He just kept hitting. | 他就一直打 |
[15:05] | And hitting. | 一直打 |
[15:09] | And hitting. | 一直打 |
[15:13] | And hitting. | 一直打 |
[15:28] | He just kept hitting. | 他就一直打 |
[15:31] | And hitting. | 一直打 |
[15:34] | And hitting. | 一直打 |
[15:41] | It’s worse than you think. | 比你想象得还要恶劣 |
[16:09] | Such a beautiful, vibrant woman. | 如此美丽 充满活力的女人 |
[16:18] | When bad things happen to good people, | 当好人遭遇不幸时 |
[16:19] | we want answers. We want closure. | 我们想要答案 我们想要了结 |
[16:22] | We want a conviction. | 我们想要定罪 |
[16:24] | My client is the only option. | 我委托人是唯一人选 |
[16:27] | That’s why the investigation was so limited. | 所以调查才如此局限 |
[16:30] | It wasn’t sloppy, | 并非因为草率 |
[16:32] | or lazy, or negligent. | 懒惰或疏忽 |
[16:34] | It was specifically and intentionally narrow, | 只是特别地 故意缩小了范围 |
[16:38] | precisely because evidence of other suspects | 正是因为其他嫌疑犯的证据 |
[16:40] | would compromise their one shot at a conviction. | 会影响他们快速定罪 |
[16:45] | My client made love to Elena Alves, on January 8th. | 我的委托人1月8日和埃琳娜·阿尔维斯做爱了 |
[16:52] | His DNA. Semen at the scene. | 他的DNA 现场有精液 |
[16:54] | He guarantees reasonable doubt to any other defendant, | 他为其他被告提供了合理怀疑 |
[16:58] | so we’re not even gonna look for other possibilities. | 所以我们甚至不考虑其他可能性了 |
[17:01] | He’s the only one we can get. | 他是我们唯一能抓到的人 |
[17:07] | Somebody else hit Elena Alves with that sculpting hammer, | 有人用雕刻锤袭击了埃琳娜·阿尔维斯 |
[17:11] | 11 times, like the prosecutor said. | 11次 就像检察官说的 |
[17:14] | It continued after she was dead. | 人都死了 还继续击打 |
[17:17] | That’s rage. | 那是狂怒 |
[17:20] | That’s hatred. | 那是仇恨 |
[17:23] | Please. | 求你了 |
[17:25] | A lot of hatred. | 是满腹仇恨 |
[17:28] | A crime of passion. | 是冲动犯罪 |
[17:32] | Primal fury. | 是原始狂怒 |
[17:36] | We have to wonder. | 我们不得不怀疑 |
[17:39] | Fernando Alves had motive. | 费尔南多·阿尔维斯有动机 |
[17:41] | He had opportunity. He was there. | 他有机会 他当时在场 |
[17:44] | Is he the killer? | 他是凶手吗 |
[17:46] | Can we know for sure? No. | 我们能确定吗 不能 |
[17:51] | Why? | 为什么 |
[17:53] | In part, because he was never really investigated. | 部分原因是他从未被真正调查过 |
[17:57] | Why? | 为什么 |
[18:00] | Because his semen was found inside the victim? | 因为在死者体内发现了他的精液 |
[18:05] | He’s the only one we can get. | 他是我们唯一能抓到的人 |
[18:08] | It shall be him. | 应该是他 |
[18:12] | It’s not. | 并非如此 |
[18:45] | The problem is, once the defense comes up with its own theory, | 问题是 一旦辩方提出自己的说法 |
[18:49] | the jury expects that they’re gonna have some evidence behind it. | 陪审团希望他们有证据支持 |
[18:52] | And the idea that the husband did this, | 关于怀疑是丈夫所为 |
[18:55] | there’s no evidence for that, as far as I know. | 据我所知 没有证据 |
[20:38] | Hello? | 喂 |
[20:48] | How was your day? Anything interesting happen? | 你今天怎么样 有什么有意思的事吗 |
[20:53] | I don’t really have anything to say. I’m… | 我其实没什么可说的 我就是 |
[20:56] | just sitting here in the quiet. | 安静地坐在这里 |
[20:59] | It’s a bit oppressive. | 有点压抑 |
[21:01] | I’m a bit lonely. | 我有点寂寞 |
[21:03] | How’s the boy? Is he all right? | 孩子怎么样 他没事吧 |
[21:07] | Yeah. I mean… | 嗯 我是说 |
[21:10] | I’m gonna have to take his iPhone away, because he’s… | 我得把他的手机拿走 因为他 |
[21:15] | He’s devouring all the coverage, and I… | 他没完没了地看报道 而我 |
[21:17] | Well, good luck with that. I tried it once, | 那祝你好运 我试过一次 |
[21:20] | and he turned into that kid from “The Exorcist.” | 他变成了《驱魔人》里那个孩子 |
[21:22] | I was so scared, I gave it straight back. | 我吓坏了 就赶紧还给他了 |
[21:27] | Don’t suppose you’d like to… | 你想不想 |
[21:29] | come over for a cup of tea? | 过来喝杯茶 |
[21:33] | Boat of Frosties? | 来点霜麦片 |
[21:36] | I could rustle up some “oeuf à la Jonathan.” | 我可以做乔纳森式白煮蛋 |
[21:40] | No. | 不了 |
[21:46] | I do realize how brutal today was. | 我知道今天很难熬 |
[21:51] | Not least because, | 尤其因为 |
[21:54] | well, there you are, the most private person on the face of the Earth, | 你是世上最注重隐私的人 |
[21:57] | who goes for walks to disappear, | 经常散着步 人就找不到了 |
[21:59] | thrust into the middle of that God-awful circus. I’m sorry. | 卷进了可怕的马戏团中 真对不起 |
[22:05] | But I do think, I think we can get our anonymity back. | 但我觉得 我们可以重新隐姓埋名 |
[22:08] | Just a question of planning. | 只是计划的问题 |
[22:10] | I think we should, uh, let ourselves go, | 我觉得我们应该放纵自己 |
[22:13] | and get really alarmingly fat. Stop grooming. | 肆意变胖 不再打扮 |
[22:17] | I think you should wear extremely frumpy tweed skirts. | 我觉得你应该穿条非常老土的花呢短裙 |
[22:20] | In fact, we both should. | 事实上 我们都应该 |
[22:21] | I, I think we could have a very peaceful old age. | 我想我们可以安享晚年了 |
[22:30] | Tragic, isn’t it? That was my biggest fantasy when we met. | 很惨是吧 那是我们相遇时我最大的梦想 |
[22:34] | Getting old with you. | 和你一起变老 |
[22:37] | Doing all the, you know, old stuff. All the… | 干点老掉牙的事情 比如什么 |
[22:40] | puttering around the garden, and… | 在花园里闲逛 |
[22:42] | being spiteful about young people. | 嫌弃年轻人 |
[22:46] | Joining a book club. | 加入读书俱乐部 |
[22:48] | But we did that. | 不过我们做过啊 |
[22:51] | You got kicked out. | 你被赶出来了 |
[22:54] | I was kicked out because I was honest. | 我被开除是因为我很诚实 |
[22:57] | The book was crap. | 那本书烂透了 |
[23:06] | You still there? | 你还在听吗 |
[23:07] | Yeah, yeah. Do you remember those long phone calls? | 在啊 你还记得那些长途电话吗 |
[23:10] | Even when we had nothing to say, we just… | 即使我们无话可说 我们还是 |
[23:13] | We didn’t hang up. What was that about? | 我们没有挂电话 都聊什么呢 |
[23:16] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[23:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:19] | I’m gonna go to sleep now. | 我要睡觉了 |
[23:21] | Yeah, okay. Bye. | 好的 没问题 再见 |
[23:26] | Wait. Um, hang on. I… | 等待 等一下 我 |
[23:29] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[26:27] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[26:29] | My God, you scared me. | 天啊 你吓到我了 |
[26:30] | – What are you doing? – Sitting. | -你在干什么 -坐着 |
[26:34] | Where were you? | 你去哪了 |
[26:39] | Why are you sitting here? | 你为什么坐在这里 |
[26:44] | – What is it? – I couldn’t sleep in my bed. | -怎么了 -我睡不着 |
[26:52] | Were you thinking about it all? | 你在想发生的事吗 |
[26:55] | – Yeah. – We’ve survived so far. | -嗯 -我们撑过了眼下 |
[26:58] | And we’ll survive the rest. We will. | 接下来我们也能撑过去 一定 |
[27:05] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[27:07] | What’s wrong? | 发生了什么 |
[27:09] | Something’s wrong. I can tell. | 有点不对劲 我看得出来 |
[27:12] | No. No. | 没有 |
[27:14] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[27:19] | No, you’re not. | 不 你有事 |
[27:23] | I saw them. | 我看见他们了 |
[27:29] | I saw them together. | 我看到他们在一起 |
[27:32] | At school. | 在学校 |
[27:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:56] | I should have told you. | 我应该告诉你的 |
[28:00] | If I’d told you, maybe it wouldn’t have happened. | 如果我告诉你 也许就不会发生了 |
[28:03] | Maybe Miguel’s father, or somebody else who was jealous, | 也许是米格尔的父亲 或者其他嫉妒的人 |
[28:06] | maybe if, if, maybe they found out. | 也许他们发现了 |
[28:09] | – And maybe if I told you– – You had nothing to do– | -也许如果我告诉你 -这和你没关系 |
[28:10] | – No. Henry. – Then they wouldn’t have– | -不 亨利 -那他们就不会 |
[28:13] | Would you just listen for a minute? | 你能听我说几句吗 |
[28:14] | You had nothing to do with what happened to Miguel’s mother. | 米格尔母亲的事与你无关 |
[28:17] | – You can’t say that. – You could never have put– | -不能这么说 -你根本不可能 |
[28:18] | – I can. – No, but Mom, I saw them. | -就是这样 -不 妈妈 我看到他们了 |
[28:21] | And that must have been very hard for you. | 这对你来说一定很难 |
[28:24] | They weren’t doing anything. | 他们当时什么都没做 |
[28:26] | I mean, they weren’t kissing, | 他们没有接吻 |
[28:29] | or anything, but… | 或者别的什么 但是 |
[28:33] | I just knew, | 我就是知道 |
[28:35] | when I saw them. | 当我看到他们的时候 |
[28:38] | I knew. | 我就知道 |
[28:39] | And when he saw me, | 当他看到我时 |
[28:43] | he just smiled. | 他只是笑了笑 |
[28:46] | Like it was nothing. | 好像没事一样 |
[28:51] | He saw that I saw. | 他知道我看到了 |
[28:54] | He knew that I knew. | 他知道我知道了 |
[28:57] | Well, he put you in a terrible position. | 他让你陷入了困境 |
[28:59] | A position no child should ever be in. | 不该让小孩子陷入的境地 |
[29:07] | I wanted to tell you. | 我想告诉你的 |
[29:09] | I wanted to tell you, but… | 我想告诉你的 但是 |
[29:11] | I just… | 我只是 |
[29:14] | I felt like he trusted me. | 我觉得他信任我 |
[29:18] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[29:40] | You let him see. | 你让他看到了 |
[29:42] | You let him see you with her. | 你让他看到你和她在一起 |
[29:45] | At his school. | 在他学校 |
[29:47] | And you know that he saw you. | 你知道他看到你了 |
[29:49] | – You know he did, and he fucking worships you. – No. | -你知道他有多崇拜你 -不是 |
[29:51] | He would do anything for you. | 他愿意为你做任何事 |
[29:53] | Anything. You know that. | 什么都行 你知道的 |
[29:54] | No more lies, Jonathan. | 别再撒谎了 乔纳森 |
[29:57] | I got it. Yeah. Yeah. | 我知道 知道了 |
[30:00] | Jonathan. | 乔纳森 |
[30:01] | – At school. – Grace, Jonathan. | -在学校啊 -格蕾丝 乔纳森 |
[30:03] | We’re about to take on the lead detective. | 我们就要跟本案的警探较量了 |
[30:05] | He needs to be my focus, and he needs to be yours. | 需要成为我的焦点 也需要成为你的焦点 |
[30:07] | What, I’m meant to go out there now? | 怎么 我现在要出去吗 |
[30:09] | – And sit out there like this? – Listen to me. Listen to me. | -像这样坐在外面 -听我说 听我说 |
[30:11] | Haley. | 海莉 |
[30:12] | Jonathan, why? | 乔纳森 为什么 |
[30:15] | – You did that to our son. – Jonathan. | -是你害了我们的儿子 -乔纳森 |
[30:21] | We got to the scene at 8:57 a.m. | 我们早上8点57分到达现场 |
[30:25] | Nine minutes after the husband made the 911 call, | 丈夫报警后的九分钟 |
[30:28] | and about 30 minutes | 大概是在儿子 |
[30:30] | after the body was discovered by the son. | 发现尸体之后的30分钟 |
[30:32] | And what did you find? | 你发现了什么 |
[30:34] | We discovered a woman, deceased. | 我们发现了一名女性 已死亡 |
[30:37] | Her head badly lacerated, | 头部严重撕裂 |
[30:39] | her skull crushed. | 她的头骨碎了 |
[30:40] | Identified as Elena Alves by her husband. | 经她丈夫指认 死者为埃琳娜·阿尔维斯 |
[30:44] | Though any facial recognition was difficult to discern. | 尽管面部识别已经非常困难了 |
[30:47] | Yes. I’d like to show you a series of photographs. | 好 我想给你看一组照片 |
[31:03] | I’m sorry, I can’t… | 抱歉 看不下去 |
[31:06] | Do these photographs fairly and accurately | 这组照片是否公平准确 |
[31:08] | represent the crime scene as you found it? | 呈现了犯罪现场 |
[31:16] | They do. | 是的 |
[31:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:31] | Order in the court. | 肃静 |
[31:32] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事的 没事的 |
[31:34] | The forensic evidence you spoke of, Detective. | 你提到的法医证据 警探 |
[31:37] | My client’s sperm, saliva, and skin fragments. | 我委托人的精子 唾液和皮肤碎片 |
[31:40] | They could all be the product of Jonathan Fraser’s | 它们都可能是乔纳森·弗雷泽 |
[31:42] | and Elena Alves’ having sex. True? | 和埃琳娜·阿尔维斯发生关系的证据 对吗 |
[31:45] | That would not explain her crushed skull. | 那也解释不了她头骨碎裂的原因 |
[31:48] | No, it wouldn’t. | 当然解释不了 |
[31:50] | And yet, when asked by Ms. Stamper | 然而 当斯坦珀女士要求 |
[31:51] | to give evidence as to who crushed that skull, | 提供证据证明是谁击碎受害人头骨时 |
[31:55] | the evidence you gave to incriminate my client is… | 你指证我当事人的证据是 |
[31:58] | sperm, saliva, and skin fragments. | 精子 唾液和皮肤碎片 |
[32:01] | And his bloody footprints. | 还有他血淋淋的脚印 |
[32:02] | Which he could have left if he’d returned to the scene | 可能是他在她被杀后 |
[32:04] | after she was killed. | 回到现场留下的 |
[32:06] | And the fact that your client fled. | 以及你的委托人逃跑的事实 |
[32:09] | Yes, he fled. | 是的 他逃走了 |
[32:12] | I suppose when we have two people come upon the scene, | 我想如果有两个人来到现场 |
[32:15] | one flees, the other doesn’t, | 一个逃跑了 另一个没有 |
[32:17] | it’s usually the one who flees who gets put on trial. | 通常逃跑的人会被送上法庭 |
[32:20] | It’s not as simple as that. | 没那么简单 |
[32:22] | In this case, | 这个案件中 |
[32:24] | it is. | 它是 |
[32:26] | There were no eyewitnesses to this crime. | 当时没有目击证人 |
[32:30] | No security cameras in this building | 那栋楼里没有监控摄像头 |
[32:32] | to monitor the comings and goings. | 监控人员出入情况 |
[32:33] | To see if anybody else came or went. | 看看有没有其他人进出 |
[32:36] | There were not. | 没有 |
[32:36] | The footprints, | 那些脚印 |
[32:38] | fingerprints, and saliva found at the scene, | 现场发现的指纹和唾液 |
[32:41] | belonging to two people. | 属于两个人 |
[32:43] | My client, and the husband. | 我的委托人和死者丈夫 |
[32:45] | Fernando Alves went to the scene after his son alerted him. | 费尔南多·阿尔维斯在他儿子报警后去的现场 |
[32:49] | He went to his wife’s aid. | 他是去救他妻子 |
[32:50] | – He tried– – His DNA. | -他是想 -他的DNA |
[32:51] | The DNA that belonged to the husband, Fernando Alves. | 死者丈夫费尔南多·阿尔维斯的DNA |
[32:54] | You cannot scientifically exclude the possibility | 你不能科学地排除 |
[32:57] | it was left the night before. Can you? | 是前天晚上留下的可能性 对吗 |
[33:03] | – Did you not hear my question, Detective? – I did. | -你没听到我的问题吗 警探 -听到了 |
[33:05] | I did hear your question. | 我听到你的问题了 |
[33:07] | And I also heard your opening statement. | 我还听到了你的开庭陈述 |
[33:10] | It was offensive. | 相当无礼 |
[33:11] | We don’t stick our heads into sand | 我们不会为了快速定罪 |
[33:13] | in order to jam through quick convictions. | 就自欺欺人 |
[33:16] | An innocent person got slaughtered. | 一个无辜的人被杀害了 |
[33:18] | Our intent was to find out who did it. | 我们的目的是找出凶手 |
[33:19] | Our only pursuit here was the truth. | 我们唯一的追求就是真相 |
[33:23] | – However much that disappoints you. – And the truth is… | -不管你有多失望 -而事实是 |
[33:26] | – that man’s DNA– – He had an alibi. | -那个人的DNA -他有不在场证明 |
[33:28] | – A man with motive. – His son was with him. | -一个有动机的人 -他儿子和他在一起 |
[33:31] | They were together at the family apartment | 他们俩住的公寓距离 |
[33:32] | over 10 blocks away. | 十个街区外 |
[33:34] | His 10-year-old son. | 他十岁的儿子 |
[33:37] | He was awake the whole time? | 他是一直都醒着吗 |
[33:40] | There are cameras in and outside the building | 大楼内外都有摄像头 |
[33:42] | that would have shown if Mr. Alves left. | 如果阿尔维斯先生离开过 会有录像 |
[33:45] | Cameras in the back, as well as the front. | 后面和前面都有摄像头 |
[33:47] | He could have gone out the back. | 他可能从后门走了 |
[33:49] | There is no evidence, | 没有相关证据 |
[33:51] | either by security cameras, | 无论是监控摄像头 |
[33:53] | street cameras, or eyewitness accounts, | 街上的摄像头 或目击者的描述 |
[33:57] | that place Mr. Alves on, or around the scene that night. | 都没有证据表明阿尔维斯那晚在案发现场或附近 |
[34:01] | Street cameras, however, | 然而 街道摄像头 |
[34:04] | did capture your client. | 确实拍到了你的委托人 |
[34:12] | Anybody else? | 还拍到其他人吗 |
[34:15] | No. | 没有 |
[34:31] | Where was this taken? | 这是在哪拍的 |
[34:34] | A full block away. | 一个街区之外 |
[34:36] | – From the scene? – Yes. | -距离案发现场吗 -是的 |
[34:38] | At what time? | 什么时候 |
[34:39] | A little past 9:30 p.m. | 晚上九点半多一点 |
[34:42] | – The night of the murder? – Yes. | -案发当晚 -是的 |
[34:45] | A block from the scene, and at the time of the murder. | 案发现场一个街区之外 案发当时 |
[34:50] | Who is this in the picture? Do you know? | 照片里的人是谁 你知道吗 |
[34:54] | Grace Fraser. | 格蕾丝·弗雷泽 |
[34:55] | The defendant’s wife. | 被告的妻子 |
[34:59] | The defendant’s wife. | 被告的妻子 |
[35:01] | Near the scene, at around the time. | 当时就在案发现场附近 |
[35:05] | Gee. | 天啊 |
[35:06] | Are you suggesting she killed her? | 你意思是她杀了她吗 |
[35:09] | I’m actually not. | 我不是这个意思 |
[35:11] | What I am suggesting is that you just lied. | 我的意思是你刚刚撒谎了 |
[35:14] | I’m suggesting that you had evidence of another person, | 我是说你有其他人的证据 |
[35:17] | one with a lot of motive, | 此人有多重动机 |
[35:18] | being at or near the scene around the time of death, | 于案发时间出现在案发现场或附近 |
[35:21] | and you never bothered to question her as a suspect. | 而你从来没把她作为嫌疑人审问过 |
[35:24] | We absolutely questioned her. | 我们当然审问过她 |
[35:25] | As a suspect? | 作为嫌疑人 |
[35:26] | You gave her Miranda? | 你向她宣读米兰达权利了 |
[35:31] | Did you advise Grace Fraser of her Miranda rights | 你是否向格蕾丝·弗雷泽宣读过米兰达权利 |
[35:34] | before questioning her as a suspect? | 并把她列为嫌疑人 |
[35:37] | We did not. | 我们没有 |
[35:40] | Wouldn’t that be the law if you considered her to be a suspect? | 如果你认为她是嫌犯 这难道不是法律要求吗 |
[35:42] | To read her her rights? | 宣读她的权利 |
[35:44] | It would be, if she was a suspect. | 如果她是嫌疑人的话 |
[35:47] | But she wasn’t. | 但她不是 |
[35:50] | We had security cameras capturing her walking. | 我们有监控录像拍到她在走路 |
[35:54] | Continuing on. | 一直在走 |
[35:55] | We had and still have no reason to believe | 我们至今没有证据证明 |
[35:58] | she ever entered the dwelling, | 她进过那间公寓 |
[35:59] | nor there was any of her DNA present. | 也没有发现她的DNA |
[36:03] | If her DNA had been present, | 如果发现她的DNA |
[36:05] | you would have considered her a suspect? | 你会把她当成嫌疑人吗 |
[36:07] | Of course. But it wasn’t. | 当然 但事实并非如此 |
[36:11] | His was. | 发现他的了 |
[36:13] | Did you ever read Fernando his rights? | 你向费尔南多宣读过他的权利吗 |
[36:16] | You made an exception for Fernando Alves. | 你为费尔南多·阿尔维斯破例了 |
[36:19] | Was it because admitting your suspicions of him | 是不是因为承认你对他的怀疑 |
[36:21] | might weaken your chances of getting him? | 就会降低你抓住他的机会 |
[36:33] | Fernando Alves | 费尔南多·阿尔维斯 |
[36:35] | had an alibi. | 有不在场证明 |
[36:39] | Yes. His sleeping son. | 对 他熟睡的儿子 |
[36:59] | – Dad. – Yeah. | -爸爸 -嗯 |
[36:59] | They’re calling, uh, the detective a squirmy worm. | 他们说这个警探是蠕虫 |
[37:03] | They’re saying, like, “Can’t make the prosecutor feel good | 他们说”整个案子靠一只蠕虫来办 |
[37:05] | having your whole case ride on a squirmy worm.” | 检察官怎么可能满意” |
[37:08] | Turn the phone off. | 把手机关了 |
[37:09] | Turn the phone off. | 把手机关了 |
[37:11] | Just turn it off. Thank you. | 关掉吧 谢谢了 |
[37:14] | It’s not often that we get to eat together, the three of us. | 我们三个很少能一起吃饭 |
[37:22] | He’ll pour it. Thank you. | 他自己会倒 谢谢 |
[37:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:25] | Did you know she was gonna do that? | 你知道她会这么做吗 |
[37:28] | Pull up that picture? | 调出那张照片 |
[37:31] | I did. | 我知道 |
[37:34] | And you’re okay being a suspect? | 你觉得自己有嫌疑没问题吗 |
[37:37] | I’m not a suspect. | 我没有嫌疑 |
[37:39] | That was Haley’s point. That– | 海莉就是这个意思 就是 |
[37:41] | They should have taken a more serious look at me, | 他们应该更严肃对待我 |
[37:43] | just as they should have taken a more serious look at Mr. Alves. | 就像他们应该更严肃对待阿尔维斯先生一样 |
[37:46] | And they didn’t. They just had tunnel vision for your father. | 但他们没有 他们只是对你父亲有狭隘偏见 |
[37:51] | So, Hen, uh, your mom told me | 亨利 你妈妈告诉我 |
[37:55] | that you saw me and– | 你看到了我和 |
[38:03] | Me and Elena Alves at school. | 我和埃琳娜·阿尔维斯在学校 |
[38:08] | And I’m really sorry about that. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[38:10] | I behaved incredibly badly. | 我的行为非常恶劣 |
[38:12] | It was repugnant of me | 我很不愿意 |
[38:15] | to allow you to witness anything. | 让你看到这一切 |
[38:20] | I think we’re gonna win. | 我觉得我们会赢的 |
[38:22] | Do you? | 你呢 |
[38:27] | I, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:40] | I don’t– I don’t know, | 我不知道 |
[38:42] | but I think we might have made a colossal mistake. | 但我觉得我们可能犯了个大错 |
[38:44] | I think Mr. Alves is obviously very sympathetic, | 我觉得阿尔维斯先生显然值得同情 |
[38:48] | and there’s no real evidence to show his guilt. So… | 也没有确凿的证据表明他有罪 所以 |
[38:56] | Did you mean what you said? | 你是认真说的吗 |
[38:57] | If we survived this far, we can survive anything? | 我们撑过了眼下 接下来我们也能撑过去 |
[39:01] | I said that? | 是我说的吗 |
[39:02] | Last night. | 昨晚说的 |
[39:05] | If we can survive this trial, | 如果我们能撑过这场庭审 |
[39:07] | I think this family can survive. | 我觉得咱们家就能撑过去 |
[39:09] | – All right, but– – Don’t you? | -好吧 不过 -你不觉得吗 |
[39:10] | Well, I– | 我 |
[39:12] | – We need to talk about that another time. – No. | -我们改天再谈这些吧 -不要 |
[39:13] | I want to talk about it now. | 我现在就想谈 |
[39:14] | No, we’re not talking about it now. | 不 我们现在不谈这个 |
[39:16] | – It’s not the time. – You tell your patients | -现在不是时候 -你告诉你的病人 |
[39:18] | that marriages can go on, | 婚姻可以继续 |
[39:19] | – even after somebody cheats. – Henry, come on. | -即使有人出轨了 -亨利 别这样 |
[39:21] | You tell them that marriages can even sometimes grow stronger. | 你告诉他们婚姻有时甚至会变得更坚固 |
[39:25] | – Is that a lie? – I said it’s not the time. | -你在撒谎吗 -我说了现在不是时候 |
[39:27] | – Is that a lie, or do you believe that? – Henry, stop. Stop. | -你是撒谎还是你真的相信 -亨利 别说了 停 |
[39:30] | You would never cheat again. Would you? | 你再也不会出轨了 你愿意吗 |
[39:32] | – No. No. – You would never cheat– | -当然不会 -你绝不会再出轨 |
[39:33] | – See? See? – Henry. | -看到没 看到没 -亨利 |
[39:47] | We can still be a family. | 我们还是一家人 |
[39:50] | Uh, you know, we could even get a dog. | 我们甚至可以养条狗 |
[39:53] | Finally. | 终于 |
[39:55] | I’ll take care of it, | 我会照顾好的 |
[39:56] | so you won’t have to worry about what happened before. | 这样你就不用担心之前发生的事了 |
[39:59] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[40:04] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[40:08] | I asked you a question. | 我问了你一个问题 |
[40:11] | What do you mean? | 你说的什么意思 |
[40:14] | Mom told me about the dog thing. | 妈妈跟我说了狗的事 |
[40:17] | About your family blaming you. | 你的家人怪你 |
[40:28] | Well, she shouldn’t have done that. | 她不该说那些的 |
[40:38] | Uh, you know, I’m gonna get some air. | 我出去透透气 |
[40:41] | What did I say? | 我说什么了 |
[40:42] | Mom, what did I say? | 妈妈 我说什么了 |
[40:44] | It’s all right. Just wait here. | 没事的 在这等着 |
[40:52] | Jonathan. | 乔纳森 |
[40:55] | Jonathan! | 乔纳森 |
[41:03] | I’m sorry. It was just the stress of it all. I, i… | 我很抱歉 我只是压力太大了 |
[41:06] | Taking its toll, I suppose. | 我想这就是自食恶果吧 |
[41:09] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[41:12] | What was that about? | 刚才是怎么回事 |
[41:15] | Jonathan, what… | 乔纳森 怎么了 |
[41:17] | was that about? | 到底怎么回事 |
[41:23] | I, I didn’t kill the family dog. | 我没杀过家里的狗 |
[41:27] | We never had a dog. | 我们从没养过狗 |
[41:30] | I had a sister. I, I… | 我有个妹妹 我 |
[41:34] | I, I killed the family sister. | 我杀了妹妹 |
[41:39] | What? | 什么 |
[41:42] | Katie. | 凯蒂 |
[41:45] | Katie the Kitten, we called her. | 我们叫她小凯蒂 |
[41:47] | Um, I was babysitting her. | 我当时在看着她 |
[41:48] | I was 14. She was, uh, | 我当时14岁 她 |
[41:51] | four. | 四岁 |
[41:53] | And, uh, | 然后 |
[41:55] | somehow she sneaked out of the house | 不知怎的 她就溜出家了 |
[41:56] | while I was in the kitchen making a… | 当我在厨房做那个 |
[41:59] | a cheese and tomato sandwich. | 芝士番茄三明治 |
[42:05] | I heard the sound of the brakes, | 我听到了刹车声 |
[42:06] | and then, um, another sound | 然后 有一个声音 |
[42:09] | that I will never… uh, get out of my head. | 我永远无法从脑海中抹去 |
[42:16] | Your sister got hit by a car? | 你妹妹被车撞了 |
[42:19] | It was your sister? | 是你妹妹吗 |
[42:22] | You should add that to my list of lies. | 你应该把这个加到我的谎言清单里 |
[42:24] | Except I also tell myself this one. | 但我也告诉自己 |
[42:26] | You know, that it wasn’t my fault. | 那不是我的错 |
[42:27] | That, uh, it was just an unfortunate thing, | 那只是件不幸的意外 |
[42:31] | but, of course, it was my fucking fault, | 但当然了 都是我的错 |
[42:33] | because Katie– | 因为凯蒂 |
[42:36] | Katie the Kitten was put under my charge. | 当时是由我照顾小凯蒂 |
[42:40] | And she… | 但是她 |
[42:41] | And she got hit by a car when I was making myself a snack. | 我给自己做点心时 她被车撞了 |
[42:48] | How is it you have never told me this? | 你怎么从没告诉过我 |
[42:51] | Because we don’t– we don’t talk of it. | 因为我们对此避而不谈 |
[42:54] | You know. Ever. | 你知道的 从不谈 |
[42:56] | Ever. | 永远不会 |
[43:00] | It’s probably, uh… | 可能是 |
[43:03] | why I went into pediatric medicine. | 我为什么选择儿科 |
[43:04] | I don’t know. You’re, you’re the shrink. | 我也不知道 你是心理医生 |
[43:06] | You know better than me, but, uh, I will tell you this. | 你比我清楚 但我跟你说吧 |
[43:09] | Every… every patient I treat, every s-single one… | 每一个我治疗的每个病人 每一个 |
[43:14] | is… is little Katie. | 都是小凯蒂 |
[43:22] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[43:52] | All this time, he was carrying that burden, and I never saw. | 一直以来他都背负着这个包袱 我却从未发现 |
[43:57] | In your professional opinion, | 从你的专业角度来看 |
[43:59] | is a past trauma like that | 过去的创伤 |
[44:03] | likely to render a person | 可能会让一个人 |
[44:06] | more compassionate? | 更有同情心 |
[44:09] | Or more psychotic? | 还是更疯狂呢 |
[44:17] | I tried calling his mother. | 我给他妈妈打过电话 |
[44:22] | A few times. | 好几次 |
[44:24] | And she never returned. | 但她从没回过 |
[44:28] | Even his family doesn’t want to have anything to do with him. | 连他的家人都不想跟他扯上关系 |
[44:47] | Turn, please. | 请转身 |
[44:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:56] | Turn, please. | 请转身 |
[45:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:06] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[45:10] | Turn, please. | 请转身 |
[45:17] | – Thank you, sir. – Yeah. | -谢谢 先生 -不客气 |
[45:26] | Turn, please. | 请转身 |
[45:33] | After she hadn’t come home, | 她没回家 |
[45:35] | or replied to any of my calls or texts, | 也不回我的电话或短信 |
[45:40] | my son Miguel, he went to check on her. | 我儿子米格尔去找她了 |
[45:44] | I, I thought he’d gone to school. | 我以为他去上学了 |
[45:46] | I was just having a busy morning with the baby. | 我早上带孩子所以很忙 |
[45:49] | She wasn’t there, so, | 她又不在 所以 |
[45:50] | I told him to just go on. | 我让他赶紧走 |
[45:53] | See himself to the bus. And he didn’t. | 他自己去坐车 但他没有 |
[45:58] | He went to see his mom. | 他去找他妈妈了 |
[46:02] | He went to the studio. | 他去了工作室 |
[46:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[46:05] | And then you went there. | 然后你去了那里 |
[46:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[46:09] | After he’d come back. | 在他回来之后 |
[46:11] | He was… | 他当时 |
[46:13] | crying, screaming. | 哭泣 尖叫 |
[46:15] | – And so you went there, and– – Yeah. | – 所以你去了那里 然后 -是的 |
[46:18] | What did you find? | 你发现了什么 |
[46:26] | It’s… | 就是 |
[46:29] | Elena. | 埃琳娜 |
[46:32] | My wife. | 我的妻子 |
[46:36] | She was just lying there. | 她就躺在那里 |
[46:38] | There was just blood everywhere. | 到处都是血 |
[46:40] | Her face, | 她的脸 |
[46:43] | head. They were like mush. | 她的头都变成糊状了 |
[46:46] | So you called the police? | 所以你就报警了 |
[46:49] | Yeah. I called the police, and… | 是的 我报了警 还有 |
[46:54] | ambulance. | 救护车 |
[46:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[47:13] | Mr. Alves. | 阿尔维斯先生 |
[47:17] | I cannot imagine your pain, sir. | 我无法想象你的痛苦 先生 |
[47:20] | That’s a lie. | 你说谎 |
[47:22] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[47:26] | You feel nothing for me. | 你对我毫无感觉 |
[47:29] | Or my pain. | 或是我的痛苦 |
[47:32] | You tried to blame me. | 你想怪我头上 |
[47:35] | I actually didn’t. | 其实我没有 |
[47:37] | I simply tried to point out | 我只是想指出 |
[47:38] | that you cannot be eliminated as a suspect. | 不能排除你的嫌疑 |
[47:41] | That others cannot be eliminated. | 不能排除其他人的嫌疑 |
[47:43] | For that, you should direct your contempt to the police. Not me. | 因此 你该鄙视的警察 不是我 |
[47:45] | – Objection. – Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 |
[47:49] | See, my wife is dead, and, and you’re just… | 我妻子死了 而你只是 |
[47:53] | playing games. | 玩把戏 |
[47:55] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[47:58] | You disgust me. | 你让我恶心 |
[48:03] | I don’t mean to incite your rage. | 我不想激怒你 |
[48:07] | You spoke of your love of Elena. | 你说过你爱埃琳娜 |
[48:10] | You loved her very much. | 你很爱她 |
[48:12] | She was everything to me. | 她是我的一切 |
[48:14] | I’m sensing that. | 我感觉到了 |
[48:18] | But you weren’t everything to her. | 但你不是她的全部 |
[48:21] | And there were other men. | 她还有其他男人 |
[48:22] | – Including my client. – No, no, no. | -包括我的委托人 -不 不 不 |
[48:25] | There were no other men. | 没有其他男人 |
[48:27] | He was the only one. | 就他一个 |
[48:28] | – How can you know that, sir? – Well, because I do. | -你怎么知道的 先生 -因为我就是知道 |
[48:31] | Did you know that she was romantically involved with Jonathan? | 你知道她和乔纳森有情感关系吗 |
[48:43] | Elena was able to keep part of herself from you. | 埃琳娜对你有所隐瞒 |
[48:46] | Maybe that’s why she kept a separate apartment. | 也许这就是为什么她单独有间公寓 |
[48:48] | To keep part of her separate. | 跟你保持距离 |
[48:49] | No, that’s not what that was. | 不 不是这样的 |
[48:51] | That was an apartment for her art, | 那个公寓是她用来搞创作的 |
[48:53] | because she was an artist, and– | 因为她是个艺术家 所以 |
[48:55] | And she needed to focus and she needed to work. | 她需要专注 需要工作 |
[48:58] | That’s what that apartment was for. | 那间公寓就是干这个的 |
[49:01] | It wasn’t just for her art. | 不只是为了她的艺术 |
[49:03] | She’d been using it to have an affair with my client. | 她一直在用它和我的委托人搞外遇 |
[49:09] | Did you know, sir? | 你知道吗 先生 |
[49:14] | Did you know, sir? | 你知道吗 先生 |
[49:15] | Not at first. | 一开始不知道 |
[49:18] | But at some point? | 但有一天 |
[49:24] | And at some point, you learned that your daughter… | 在某个时刻 你发现你的女儿 |
[49:28] | That my client was the biological father. | 我的委托人是孩子的生父 |
[49:33] | That must have been an awful thing to learn. | 你一定很难以接受 |
[49:40] | Forgive me, but I have to ask. | 请原谅 但我必须要问 |
[49:43] | Was your wife receiving any psychiatric treatment? | 你妻子接受过精神治疗吗 |
[49:46] | Objection. | 反对 |
[49:47] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[49:48] | Was she? | 接受过吗 |
[49:52] | – Yes. – What for? Do you know? | -是的 -为什么 你知道吗 |
[49:56] | You are vile. | 你真卑鄙 |
[49:58] | My question only goes to who else could have possibly done this. | 我只是想证明凶手可能另有他人 |
[50:01] | We cannot rule out that she saw other men. | 我们不能排除她和其他男人约会的可能性 |
[50:04] | That maybe one such man | 也许有一个这样的人 |
[50:05] | had the capacity for explosive jealousy, | 可能他会爆发嫉妒心 |
[50:08] | – or violent rage. – Objection! | -或是暴怒 -反对 |
[50:10] | These are the very questions you’d want the police asking. | 这些正是你想让警察问的问题 |
[50:13] | – Am I right to find out who did this? – Your honor– | -我能查出是谁干的吗 -法官大人 |
[50:15] | – He did this! He did this! – Your, your honor, may I approach– | -是他干的 是他干的 -法官大人 我能上前 |
[50:20] | Mr. Alves, | 阿尔维斯先生 |
[50:21] | are you receiving any psychiatric help? | 你接受过精神治疗吗 |
[50:24] | – Objection! – I don’t mean to be insensitive. | -反对 -我不想这么冷血 |
[50:26] | Well, you’re doing a great job of it. | 那你表现得还真好 |
[50:27] | You have put this witness on the stand. | 是你让这位证人出庭作证的 |
[50:29] | – Your honor, may I approach? – It’s cross-examination. | -法官大人 我有话要说 -接受质证 |
[50:31] | Mr. Alves, what you have to be going through, | 阿尔维斯先生 你所经历的一切 |
[50:34] | are you getting any help? | 有人帮你吗 |
[50:36] | Your honor… | 法官大人 |
[50:43] | How do you think it’s going? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[50:45] | Your objective opinion? | 你的客观意见 |
[50:48] | Look, to, to me, | 对我来说 |
[50:50] | it’s more likely than not that… | 很有可能 |
[50:53] | that Jonathan did it. | 是乔纳森干的 |
[50:56] | But more likely isn’t the standard. | 但更有可能不是标准 |
[50:58] | It’s beyond all reasonable doubt. | 没有任何合理怀疑 |
[51:02] | That puts you ahead. | 那你就有胜算了 |
[51:03] | That, and he has the best attorney money can buy. So… | 而且他还有最好的律师 所以 |
[51:10] | Grace, I– | 格蕾丝 我 |
[51:14] | I probably shouldn’t ask you this, but– | 我也许不该问你这个 但是 |
[51:20] | What are you actually thinking? | 你到底怎么想的 |
[51:24] | Yeah. You shouldn’t ask that. | 是啊 你不该问这个问题 |
[52:19] | Another reason I couldn’t have done it. | 另一个不可能是我的原因 |
[52:26] | I loved her. | 我爱她 |
[52:30] | Quite madly. | 非常爱 |
[52:35] | Not something I could say to Grace, you see. | 我不能对格蕾丝这么说 |
[52:39] | It didn’t diminish my love for my wife. It was just, uh… | 这并没有减少我对我妻子的爱 只是 |
[52:45] | different. | 各有不同 |
[52:47] | It’s going well, but you’ll need to testify. | 进展顺利 但你得出庭作证 |
[52:50] | We need to account for why you fled. | 我们需要解释你为什么逃跑 |
[52:53] | Only you can do that. | 只有你能做到 |
[52:54] | Don’t pretend to be honest, because you’ve told too many lies. | 别假装诚实 因为你撒了太多谎 |
[52:56] | Don’t pretend to be a good husband, a decent father, | 别假装是个好丈夫 好父亲 |
[52:58] | because you are arguably neither. | 因为你两者都不是 |
[53:00] | We don’t need to give them a good man. | 我们不需要给他们呈现好人 |
[53:02] | Just someone who didn’t commit murder. | 只要一个没有杀人的人 |
[53:45] | Janet. | 珍妮特 |
[53:46] | Hello. | 你好 |
[53:48] | Grace. | 格蕾丝 |
[53:51] | – What time is it there? – It’s four a.M. | -那边几点了 -现在是凌晨四点 |
[53:55] | I couldn’t sleep, so, | 我睡不着 所以 |
[53:57] | I thought I would use the time to return your call. | 我想利用这段时间回你电话 |
[54:00] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[54:03] | Thank you. I’m sorry it’s… | 谢谢 我很抱歉 |
[54:06] | been so long since we’ve… | 我们好久不见 自从 |
[54:08] | Since the wedding, Grace. | 是从婚礼之后 格蕾丝 |
[54:10] | We haven’t seen each other since the wedding. | 婚礼后我们就没见过面了 |
[54:14] | Jonathan’s doing, I realize. | 我知道乔纳森的事 |
[54:17] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[54:19] | I can’t imagine well. | 我无法想象 |
[54:22] | No. None of us are doing great, so… | 不好 我们大家都不好 所以 |
[54:24] | – Is. – I’m sorry? | -每个人 -什么 |
[54:26] | None of us is doing great. | 我们大家每个人都不好 |
[54:29] | “None” is a contraction of “not one.” | “大家”是”每个人”的意思 |
[54:32] | It’s singular. | 是单数 |
[54:34] | The verb is singular. | 动词得用单数形式 |
[54:39] | And, um, Henry. | 还有 亨利 |
[54:41] | He must be looking like a grown man by now? | 他现在看起来像个大人了吧 |
[54:46] | He’s getting there. | 差不多了 |
[54:50] | I’ve sent you some pictures, but, uh– | 我给你发了些照片 不过 |
[54:53] | Grace, I don’t blame you. | 格蕾丝 我不怪你 |
[54:58] | It was Jonathan’s decision to no longer be part of his family. | 是乔纳森决定放弃家庭成员的身份 |
[55:03] | A decision he made long before he met you. | 早在他遇见你之前就做了这个决定 |
[55:07] | Well, I’m just trying to piece everything together right now. | 我现在正试着把所有线索拼凑起来 |
[55:10] | You can probably understand. | 你应该能理解 |
[55:12] | Yes, I can. | 是的 我理解 |
[55:15] | I just… | 我只是 |
[55:17] | learned that Jonathan had a younger sister. | 知道乔纳森曾有个妹妹 |
[55:23] | Katie. | 凯蒂 |
[55:24] | And that he feels responsible for her death. | 他觉得自己对她的死负有责任 |
[55:29] | As he should. | 他是应该 |
[55:31] | He was responsible. | 他有责任 |
[55:34] | He allowed a four-year-old to wander out onto a busy street. | 他让一个四岁的孩子在繁忙的马路上晃荡 |
[55:40] | Where she was struck dead. | 她在马路上被撞死了 |
[55:46] | That must have been unspeakably awful. | 那一定非常可怕 |
[55:50] | It was. | 是的 |
[55:51] | Janet, um… | 珍妮特 |
[55:54] | The grief and the guilt, and, and… | 悲伤和内疚 还有 |
[55:57] | Jonathan growing up with that. | 乔纳森伴随这些心理长大 |
[55:59] | Did he ever get professional help? | 他接受过专业治疗吗 |
[56:01] | He did not. | 他没有 |
[56:04] | He suffered from neither. | 他也没承受这些 |
[56:08] | No guilt, no grief. | 没有愧疚 没有悲伤 |
[56:11] | We kept waiting for it. | 我们一直在等 |
[56:13] | We, uh, surrounded him with family support, | 我们一家人都支持他 |
[56:18] | certain that once the shock wore off, | 想着一旦震惊消退 |
[56:20] | the suffering would begin. | 痛苦就会开始 |
[56:23] | But, it never did. | 但从来没有 |
[56:29] | Jonathan doesn’t know how to suffer. | 乔纳森不懂难过 |
[56:35] | After his sister was killed, | 他妹妹死后 |
[56:39] | he never even said he was sorry. | 他从没说过对不起 |
[56:42] | After his sister was killed, | 他妹妹死后 |
[56:44] | he never said another word about it. | 他什么都没说 |
[56:49] | He just went on living here, | 他就继续住在家里 |
[56:52] | until he was old enough to leave, | 直到他到了可以离开的年龄 |
[56:54] | and never come back. | 然后再也没回来过 |
[56:58] | Which is what he did. | 他就是这么做的 |
[57:05] | Her name was Katie, and he was responsible. | 她叫凯蒂 是他干的 |
[57:08] | …that he allowed her to wander out of the house… | 是他任由她走出家门 |
[57:10] | She was four. | 她才四岁 |
[57:10] | And that after, he suffered neither guilt nor grief. | 之后 他既没有内疚也没有悲伤 |
[57:15] | Grace, I want to be very clear. | 格蕾丝 我想搞清楚 |
[57:17] | I want to understand exactly what you’re telling me. | 我想知道你到底在说什么 |
[57:19] | You’re saying that Jonathan’s mother | 你是说乔纳森的母亲 |
[57:21] | said he suffered from neither guilt, nor grief. | 说他既没有罪恶感也没有悲伤 |
[57:27] | In essence, his own mother | 实际上 他的母亲 |
[57:29] | identified him as a sociopath. | 认定他是反社会者 |
[57:33] | Yes. | 对 |
[57:37] | Jesus. | 天啊 |