时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:08] | Josh was shot in the chest. | 乔西胸部中枪 |
[00:10] | Forty percent of teachers in Oregon reported having insufficient textbooks… | 在俄勒岗州有四成的老师 没有足够的教科书 |
[00:14] | Textbooks are important. If for no other reason… | 教科书很重要 就像有些人 |
[00:16] | …than they’d accurately place Kirkwood in California, not Oregon. | 不知道寇克伍德 在加州,不在俄勒岗 |
[00:19] | – We should hire her. – She’s a Republican. | -我们该雇用她 -她是共和党员 |
[00:21] | – Appeal to her sense of duty. – I’m offering her a job. | -她知道好公民的责任 -我要给她一份工作 |
[00:23] | What made you think I wouldn’t scream where there are people? | 你为什么会以为 有人在我就不会大叫了? |
[00:26] | Did you meet anyone there who isn’t worthless? | 你有看到 任何不是废物的人吗? |
[00:28] | Don’t call them worthless. They are patriots, and I’m their lawyer. | 别骂他们废物 他们都是爱国人士,我是他们的律师 他们努力的成果 |
[00:34] | – Don’t shout. – Donna, come here! | -别大叫 -唐娜,快过来! |
[00:38] | – Did you hear me say don’t shout? – No. | -你听到我跟你说别大叫了吗? -没有 |
[00:41] | – Know why? – You weren’t shouting. | -你知道为什么吗? -因为你没有大叫 |
[00:42] | – That’s right. – Right. | -没错 -对 |
[00:44] | – What’s the problem? – They still say I owe them $50,000… | -你有什么问题? -他们还是说我欠他们五万块 |
[00:47] | …and that “failure to pay will result in a negative report on your credit. “ | 还有“如果无法付款 将会对你的信用有不良影响” |
[00:52] | – On my credit? – On my credit. Sam! | -我的信用? -我的信用,山姆! |
[00:54] | – Don’t shout. – I got another letter. | -别大叫 -我又收到一封信 |
[00:56] | – Don’t worry. – I am worried. | -别担心 -我很担心 |
[00:57] | – I called an insurance guy. – They’re referring me… | -我打了电话给保险公司 -他们说我符合 |
[00:59] | …to insurance code 4336. You know what that means? | 第4336项保险条约 你知道那是什么意思吗? |
[01:04] | Okay. There’s $50,000 worth of hospital bills they’re saying they don’t cover. | 好吧,他们说他们无法理赔 五万块的医药费 |
[01:08] | Know what that means? | 你知道那是什么意思吗? |
[01:09] | You may have to get a job mowing lawns. | 你得去割草赚钱 |
[01:11] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[01:13] | Don’t shout. Sam. | 别大叫,山姆 |
[01:15] | – I’m doing the radio today. – What’s it about? | -今天我要录广播 -内容是什么? |
[01:18] | – You don’t know what it’s about? – No. | -你不知道内容是什么? -没错 |
[01:20] | You’re a speechwriter. | 撰稿人是你 |
[01:21] | I’m the deputy communications director. I don’t do the radio address. | 我是副媒体主任 |
[01:24] | I think this one’s about leaves turning. | -我不负责广播谈话 -我想那一点即将改变 |
[01:27] | – Not surprised. – Will he take it seriously? | -我一点都不讶异 -他会很认真吗? |
[01:29] | – The president? – Yeah. | -总统吗? -对 |
[01:30] | – Why wouldn’t he take it seriously? – You don’t. | -他为什么会不认真? -你就不认真 |
[01:33] | Don’t have to read it. | 你不必照本宣科 |
[01:34] | It’s the end of the week, he gets punchy. | 一周即将结束 他头脑不清楚 |
[01:36] | – It’s not live. Do another take. – Remember last April? | -这不是现场谈话,可以再来一次 -还记得去年四月的事吗? |
[01:39] | – Eleven takes. – I remember. | -录了十一次 -我记得 |
[01:41] | What did he say? Insurance code 9336? | 他说什么?第9336项保险条约? |
[01:43] | 4336. I had to give those people key chains. | 第4336项 我得送那些人钥匙圈 |
[01:46] | – What people? – Guests at the address with 11 takes. | -哪些人? -那些陪我们录了十一次的来宾 |
[01:49] | They were standing for an hour and a half. | 他们站了一个半小时 |
[01:50] | I sent them home with White House key chains. | 回家时我送他们白宫钥匙圈 |
[01:52] | – Knock them dead. – Wait. Stay here for a second. | -他们乐得半死 -等一下,不要离开 |
[01:55] | – Why? – I’m doing my thing. | -为什么? -我正要发表演说 |
[01:56] | – I’ve seen that. – I’m adding a joke. | -我看过你演说 -我要说笑话 |
[01:58] | – I’m sure it’s great. – Just, you know…. | -我相信那一定很好笑 -你知道 |
[02:00] | Sure. | 当然 |
[02:04] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[02:06] | – Good morning. | – Good morning. -早安 -早安 |
[02:08] | Welcome to the White House. My name is Donatella Moss. | 欢迎光临白宫 我是唐娜摩斯 |
[02:11] | I work here as an assistant to Deputy Chief of Staff Joshua Lyman. | 我是副幕僚长 乔西赖曼的助理 |
[02:15] | Which, I guess, makes me deputy, deputy chief of staff. | 我猜那让我成为 副副幕僚长 |
[02:24] | Okay. We’re gonna go over to the Oval Office now if you’ll follow me. | 好吧,请大家 跟我到椭圆形办公室 |
[02:28] | As you probably know, the president does… | 你们或许都知道,总统 |
[02:30] | …a regular Saturday morning radio address which he records on Friday. | 在星期六早上的例行广播谈话 都是在星期五录制的 |
[02:34] | The address is usually two to three minutes in length. | 谈话内容 通常是两到三分钟 |
[02:37] | When it’s over, the president will be happy to stand for pictures. | 谈话结束后 总统会跟来宾们合照 |
[02:41] | I’m gonna ask you to form a horseshoe against that wall. | 我要你们在墙前 排成马蹄状 |
[02:44] | Not an actual horseshoe. That takes special training as a blacksmith. | 不是真的马蹄 只有专业铁匠才做得出来 |
[02:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:53] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[02:54] | – How’s it going? – They didn’t laugh at the blacksmith joke. | -情况如何? -铁匠的笑话没把他们逗笑 |
[02:57] | That’s almost hard to believe. How is everybody? | 真是令人难以置信 大家都还好吧? |
[03:00] | Good morning, sir. | 早安,先生 |
[03:02] | – We all set for the speech? – Not quite. | -准备要发表谈话了吗? -还没有 |
[03:05] | – What do you need, sir? – The speech. | -你需要什么?长官 -演讲稿 |
[03:09] | – Right here. – Thank you. | -在这里 -谢谢你 |
[03:11] | – Let’s do this in one, shall we? – Yes. | -我们一次录好,好吗? -好的 |
[03:13] | One-take Bartlet, that’s what old Jack Warner used to call me. | 一次录好的巴特勒 老杰克华纳是那么叫我的 |
[03:17] | Here we go in three… | 准备,三 |
[03:19] | …two…. | 二 |
[03:21] | “Good morning. This month, as autumn is in full bloom in much of the nation… | “早安,这个月 全国都感受到浓浓的秋意 |
[03:24] | …the weekends will be devoted by many of you to leaf peeping and football”… | 周末时很多人 都会去赏枫叶跟打足球” |
[03:29] | What? | 什么? |
[03:32] | – Cut tape. – I’m sorry. | -卡 -对不起 |
[03:34] | Leaf peeping? Is that something we do now? | 赏枫叶? 现在有人会那么做? |
[03:38] | – Try another. – Better get some key chains. | -再来一次 -最好去准备一些钥匙圈 |
[03:40] | – I heard that. – Here we go in three… | -我听到了 -准备,三 |
[03:43] | …two…. | 二 罗伯洛 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 珍妮尔摩隆奈 里察薛福 约翰史宝塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 |
[04:35] | Okay, let’s cut. | 好吧,卡 |
[04:36] | Sorry, everybody. This is gonna be it. Four is my lucky number. | 对不起,这次一定可以录好 四是我的幸运数字 |
[04:39] | – This is take five. – Five is my lucky number. | -这是第五次 -五是我的幸运数字 |
[04:42] | Fifth-take Bartlet… | 五次录好的巴特勒 |
[04:43] | – … that’s what Jack Warner called me. – Did you know Jack Warner? | -杰克华纳是那么叫我的 -你认识杰克华纳吗? |
[04:46] | Yeah. I used to be a contract player in Hollywood, and I’m 97 years old. | 对,我以前是好莱坞的合约演员 我已经九十七岁了 |
[04:51] | – Okay. – Here we go. In three, two…. | -好吧 -准备,三,二 |
[04:54] | – C.J.? – How you doing, Toby? | -茜洁? -你好吗?托比 |
[04:56] | I’m fine. Thanks. Listen… | 我很好,谢谢,听着 |
[04:59] | Have you noticed that I am one of the few people here… | 你注意到 我是这里少数 |
[05:01] | …whose nose isn’t bent out of shape over Ainsley Hayes? | 听到艾金丝莉海耶斯的名字 不会惊讶的人之一吗? |
[05:04] | – Yeah. Listen… – I’m serious. | -对,听我说 -我是认真的 |
[05:07] | You heard the news, and you slammed the door so hard it broke. | 你听到消息时 把门都弄坏了 |
[05:10] | – You broke the White House. – Yeah, but I’m over it now. | -你拆了白宫 -对,但现在我释怀了 |
[05:13] | Other people aren’t, and they should get over it. | 其他的人还耿耿于怀 他们应该敞开心胸的 |
[05:15] | I’ll see what I can… | 我会去想办法 |
[05:16] | I don’t think it’s that she’s a Republican. | 我想那不是因为 她是共和党员的关系 |
[05:19] | It’s that she’s a Republican woman, and good-looking. | 而是因为 她是个共和党美女 |
[05:21] | Well, those are three things when in combination usually spell careerism. | 同时拥有这三项特点 会让人充满了野心 |
[05:25] | It’s sexist, and I’m coming down on her side. | 那是性别歧视 我会站在她那一边 |
[05:28] | – Good for you. Look… – I am serious about this. | -太好了,听着 -对这件事我非常认真 |
[05:30] | Ed Barrie’s doing Meet the Press on Sunday. | 星期天艾德巴利 要上《与媒体见面》 |
[05:34] | Did you know that? | 你知道吗? |
[05:37] | – No. This Sunday? – Day after tomorrow. | -不知道,这个星期天吗? -就是后天 |
[05:40] | He’s retiring. Maybe it’s a farewell kind… | 他要退休了 或许他想说再见 |
[05:43] | He’s also doing Sam and Cokie, Late Edition, and Capitol Beat. | 他还要上《山姆与柯奇》 《深夜节目》跟《首都节奏》 |
[05:49] | – Are you sure about this? – Sam got it from Mark Gottfried. | -你确定? -是马克葛特菲德告诉山姆的 |
[05:52] | – Has anyone talked to Judy? – The DOD press office isn’t confirming. | -有人跟裘蒂谈过吗? -国防部媒体室还没有确认 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[05:56] | Won’t confirm whether a general is going on TV to beat up the president? | 他们无法确认将军会不会 上电视痛骂总统? |
[06:01] | – No. – Carol? | -没错 -卡萝? |
[06:03] | By the way, you are a beautiful woman. | 还有,你是个大美人 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[06:07] | And no one around has ever assumed you are either ambitious or stupid. | 这里没有人认为 你有野心或是很蠢 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[06:12] | – Toby? – Yeah? | -托比 -什么事? |
[06:14] | It took two years. | 我花了两年的时间 |
[06:18] | I need to see General Barrie. Go to the Pentagon and get him. | 我要见巴利将军 去五角大厦带他回来 |
[06:21] | I don’t want him near a press line when he comes. | 他还没有到白宫之前 我不要他接近任何媒体 导演:克里斯多福米夏诺 |
[06:24] | Earliest convenience? | 最早方便的时间? |
[06:25] | I could give a damn if it’s convenient. | 我不在乎他方不方便 |
[06:27] | – He’s the Army chief of staff, C.J. – I work for his boss, so get him here. | -他是陆军参谋长,茜洁 -我为他的老板工作,带他过来 |
[06:32] | – Want some help? – No. | -需要帮忙吗? -不需要 |
[06:35] | Have a nice day. | 祝你有愉快的一天 |
[06:36] | Has Leo told Tribbey about his new Associate Counsel yet? | 里奥告诉崔比 他即将有个新副顾问了吗? |
[06:39] | I’ll check to see if any maimings have been reported. | 我会去看看 有没有发生了严重伤人事件 |
[06:42] | – I don’t think he’s told him. – Should be decent dinner theater. | -他还没有告诉他 -这一定很精彩 |
[06:45] | Let me know if you need me on Captain Queeg. | 需要帮忙的话告诉我一声 |
[06:49] | He was okay with it? | 他答应了吗? |
[06:51] | He thinks it’s great. He can’t wait to meet you. | 他觉得很棒 他等不及要跟你见面 |
[06:53] | Lionel Tribbey? | 莱纳崔比 |
[06:55] | Lionel Tribbey thinks hiring me was a great idea? | 莱诺崔比认为 雇用我是个好点子? |
[06:58] | – Why are you surprised? – Well… | -你为什么那么讶异? -喔 |
[07:00] | …because I’m a Republican and Lionel Tribbey is incredibly not. | 因为我是共和党员 而莱纳崔比绝对不是 |
[07:04] | Lionel Tribbey is the White House counsel. | 莱纳崔比是白宫顾问 |
[07:07] | He is a brilliant and fair-minded attorney… | 他是个聪明 正义感十足的律师 |
[07:10] | …and he will accept you on his staff because he is, well, fair-minded. | 他会接受你在他手下工作 因为他是个很公平的人 |
[07:14] | – Because… – You haven’t told him yet. | -因为 -你还没有告诉他 |
[07:16] | I have in fact not told him yet. No. | 事实上,我还没有告诉他,没错 |
[07:19] | So you lied to me just then. | 那么你是在对我说谎 |
[07:21] | I’m a politician, Ainsley. Of course I lied to you just then. | 我是政客,艾金丝莉 刚刚我当然是骗你的 |
[07:25] | My first day is getting off to a great start. | 我第一天上班 就有个不错的开始 |
[07:27] | – It’s about to get better. – Why? | -情况会越来越好 -为什么? |
[07:29] | Leo? | 里奥? |
[07:30] | Lionel Tribbey is on his way. | 莱纳崔比来了 |
[07:33] | – I just wanna die. – It’s the White House. | -我好想死 -这里是白宫 |
[07:36] | – You get used to that feeling. – I should go. | -你会习惯那种感觉的 -我该走了 |
[07:38] | – Ainsley. – No. Maybe I should go… | -艾金丝莉 -不,或许我该走了 |
[07:39] | – … so you can talk… – Meet him now. It’s gonna be fine. | -让你们谈一谈 -现在跟他碰个面,没事的 |
[07:42] | It’s not gonna be fine. He’ll yell and scream. I’ve seen him on TV. | 才怪,他会大吼大叫的 我在电视上看过他 |
[07:46] | That’s TV. He’s making a full-throated defense of the president. | 那是在电视上 他扯开喉咙是为了保护总统 |
[07:49] | That’s what we do. In real life, when the cameras are off… | 那就是我们的工作 在没有摄影机的现实生活中 |
[07:53] | Leo! | 里奥! |
[07:56] | I will kill people today, Leo. I will kill people with this cricket bat… | 今天我会杀人,里奥 我会用板球球棍杀人 |
[08:01] | …given to me by Her Royal Majesty Elizabeth Windsor. | 它是伊莉莎白温莎 女王阁下送我的 |
[08:04] | Then I’ll kill them again with my own hands. | 然后我要亲手 再杀他们一次 |
[08:07] | Has anybody in this building heard of contempt of Congress? | 这里有没有人听过蔑视国会这个字? |
[08:10] | Congress will hold the White House in contempt, Leo. | 国会会告白宫蔑视国会的,里奥 |
[08:13] | Nothing compared to the contempt in which I will hold the White House… | 如果这样的事情再发生,我会 |
[08:17] | – … if this keeps happening. – What did we do? | -狠狠地修理他们 -我们做了什么? |
[08:19] | Steve Joyce and Mark Brookline testified at Governmental Affairs… | 史提夫乔伊斯跟马克布鲁克林 在政府事务委员会做证 |
[08:22] | …that the White House couldn’t produce the Rockland memo… | 说白宫拿不出洛克兰备忘录 |
[08:25] | …because the White House didn’t have the Rockland memo. | 因为白宫没有洛克兰备忘录 |
[08:27] | – Do we? – Holding it in my hand! | -是真的吗? -它就在我手里 |
[08:29] | – There’s… – When your guys go to the Hill… | -那 -你们到了国会山庄时 |
[08:31] | …they can’t drop their testimony on my desk at 9: 15 and testify at 9:30. | 他们不能九点十五分将证词 丢到我桌上,九点半去做证 |
[08:36] | I was ready to take a vacation. | 我准备要去度假 |
[08:39] | I was gonna go someplace warm, with a beach. | 我准备要到温暖 有海滩的地方 |
[08:42] | Somebody bringing me drinks with little umbrellas in them. | 有人会端饮料给我喝 上面还插着小雨伞 |
[08:46] | I had this closed. Now I gotta go back up there, because a circus is in town. | 我已经结束此案,因为他们的错误 现在我得回那里去 |
[08:52] | – Who is this? – This is Ainsley Hayes. | -她是谁? -她是艾金丝莉海耶斯 |
[08:54] | She’s scared of meeting you, so be nice. | 她很怕见到你 所以对她好一点 |
[08:56] | The girl who’s been writing the columns. | 这个女孩是专栏作家 |
[09:00] | – You’re an idiot. – Leo… | -你是白痴 -里奥 |
[09:02] | She’s not an idiot, Lionel. She clerked for Dreifort. | 她不是白痴,莱纳 她帮德瑞福特做过事 |
[09:05] | – Well, Dreifort’s an idiot. – Dreifort’s a Supreme Court Justice. | -德瑞福特是个白痴 -德瑞福特是最高法院法官 |
[09:08] | Speak of him with respect and practice intolerance for those who disagree. | 请以尊敬和容忍的态度来谈论他 就算你不同意他的看法 |
[09:12] | I believe as long as Justice Dreifort is intolerant toward gays, lesbians… | 我相信只要德瑞福特 容忍男同性恋,女同性恋 |
[09:16] | …blacks, unions, women, poor people… | 黑人,工会 女人,穷人 |
[09:19] | …and the First, Fourth, Fifth, and Ninth Amendments… | 跟第一,第四,第五 第九修正案 |
[09:21] | …I will remain intolerant toward him. Nice to meet you. | 我会继续对他有偏见 很高兴能跟你见面 |
[09:26] | She’s working for you, Lionel. | 她要为你工作,莱纳 |
[09:30] | – Excuse me? – She’s working for you. | -你说什么? -她要为你工作 |
[09:32] | The president asked me to hire her for your office. | 总统要我 派她到你的办公室工作 |
[09:36] | The president of what asked you to hire her for my office? | 哪里的总统要你 派她到我的办公室工作? |
[09:40] | The United States. | 美国 |
[09:51] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[09:55] | It went pretty well. | 情况很不错 |
[09:57] | Our farming families stand for the values that keep our nation strong: | 农民们捍卫着 让国家富强的价值观 |
[10:01] | Faith, calm perseverance, and patience. | 信念,冷静跟耐心 |
[10:03] | Mr. President, have you lost what little was left of your mind? I can’t work like this. | 总统先生,你是不是疯了? 这样子我无法工作 |
[10:08] | – Dear God. – Cut. | -天啊 -卡 |
[10:10] | – I had it. – Is this a bad time? | -我受够了 -现在时间不对吗? |
[10:12] | – It’s a bit of a bad time. – Forgive me. | -现在的确有点时间不对 -请原谅我 |
[10:14] | When you have a few moments, I’d like to discuss the hiring… | 你有空时,我想谈谈雇用 |
[10:16] | …of a blond fascist whose knowledge doesn’t include… | 那个金发法西斯主义份子 她的智商 |
[10:19] | …the proper order of the alphabet for positions of the White House Counsel. | 根本就没办法 为白宫顾问工作 |
[10:22] | And we will. But right now, I don’t know if you’ve noticed… | 我们会的,但现在 我不知道你有没有注意到 |
[10:26] | …but there are 30 or 40 other people in the room. | 这里还有 三十到四十个人 |
[10:28] | Many of whom have donated significant amounts of money to the Democrats. | 他们之中很多人 大量捐款给民主党 |
[10:34] | Perhaps you could get a tighter grip on your horses… | 或许你可以冷静一下 |
[10:37] | …and we will talk about it later. | 我们待会再来谈一谈 |
[10:41] | Yes. | 好的 |
[10:43] | Well…. | 喔 |
[10:47] | – Good morning, everyone. – Good morning. | -大家早 -早安 |
[10:50] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 很明显地莱纳崔比是个聪明的律师 没有他我们就活不下去 我们也没有理由 不将他关进牢里,再试一次吧 我要你重新思考美国总工会 H404文稿里的两段文字 现在吗? 把它们删掉 他为什么不能谈超级基金? 美国总工会想知道 我们要怎么保护他们的工作 我们何不从保护地球开始? 你何不开始删掉那些章节? -好吧 -你在做什么? 我想帮乔西搞清楚保险的事 我联络不上医院 他们说他们只负责 重大手术两成的费用 还有他并没有预告 他要进行手术 他的肺部受到重创 血液停止流入脑中 |
[10:58] | Obviously, Lionel Tribbey is a brilliant lawyer whom we cannot live without. | |
[11:05] | Or there would be very little reason not to put him in prison. Let’s try again. | |
[11:11] | You got two paragraphs on H-404 for the AFL-CIO I want you to rethink. | |
[11:15] | Rethink them how? | |
[11:17] | Cut them. | |
[11:19] | Why can’t he talk about Superfund? | |
[11:21] | The AFL-CIO want to hear about how we’ll protect their jobs. | |
[11:24] | How about we start by protecting the planet? | |
[11:26] | How about you start by cutting the paragraphs? | |
[11:29] | – Fine. – What are you doing? | |
[11:31] | Trying to help Josh with his insurance thing. The hospital was out-of-network. | |
[11:36] | They’re claiming responsibility for only 20 percent of a life-saving procedure. | |
[11:41] | Also, he didn’t get the procedure cleared for him. | |
[11:45] | His lung was collapsed, and blood stopped flowing to his brain… | |
[11:48] | …he was supposed to dial the automated 24-hour customer service line? | 他应该打电话 |
[11:51] | If it keeps up, he’s gonna have to sue. | 通知二十四小时客服中心? |
[11:53] | I like a country where you sue the insurance company… | 如果再这样下去 他得去打官司 |
[11:56] | …but not who shot you. | 我想在美国 |
[11:58] | Anyway, cut the two paragraphs. | 你可以告保险公司 |
[12:12] | What? | 却不能告开枪打你的人 总之删掉那两个章节 |
[12:14] | He can sue the people that shot him. | 什么? |
[12:17] | The people who shot him are dead. | 他可以告对他开枪的人 |
[12:19] | No. Hardly any of them are. | 对他开枪的人都死了 不,还有一些人依然健在 |
[12:28] | Take 17 looked like it was gonna be a keeper… | 第十七次看起来 应该是可以 |
[12:30] | …until he went on elocution safari during the word “protuberance. “ | 但是他用辩论的方式 说出了“突出”这个字 |
[12:34] | – When did he finally nail it? – He hasn’t yet. | -他什么时候录好的? -他还没有录好 |
[12:37] | He hasn’t done it yet? | 他还没有录好? |
[12:39] | There are matters of State to attend to. | 还有很多工作等着他要去完成 |
[12:41] | – He can’t spend the day indefinitely… – And the audience? | -他不能整天都 -来宾们呢? |
[12:44] | I sent them home. I’ll bring in a new audience, like the old Carson Show. | 我让他们回家去,我会请 新来宾来,就跟旧《卡森秀》一样 |
[12:48] | – What the hell are we talking about? – Did you know leaf peeping was a thing? | -我们到底在做什么? -你知道连赏枫叶都会是问题吗? |
[12:54] | – Josh Lyman. – Leaf peeping? | -乔西赖曼办公室 -赏枫叶? |
[12:56] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:57] | Sam wants to see you. | 山姆找你 |
[12:59] | Insurance victory. | 保险公司万岁 |
[13:01] | “And the weak shall be made mighty, ” Donna. Not ” might is right”… | “弱者也会变成强者” 唐娜,不是“强者就是对的” |
[13:05] | …but rather “might for right. “ | 而是“他们得追求正义” |
[13:07] | – This relates to leaf peeping how? – It doesn’t. | -这跟赏枫叶有什么关系? -是没有关系 |
[13:10] | Don’t eat my french fries. | 不要吃我的薯条 |
[13:16] | Good. Come on in. | 好吧,请进 |
[13:18] | – Did you beat them into submission? – No. | -你让他们屈服了吗? -没有 |
[13:20] | – Beat them at all? – Forget about the insurance. | -你打败他们了吗? -别管保险公司了 |
[13:22] | Unless the insurance company forgets about… | 除非保险公司能忘记 |
[13:25] | The Southern Poverty Law Center. | 南方穷人法律中心 |
[13:27] | You know for the three months you were out recovering… | 你知道 在你休养的三个月间 |
[13:30] | …people were looking for a new avenue for law enforcement to get extremists. | 大家在想新方法 让执法单位逮捕极端份子 |
[13:35] | – Throw out the Bill of Rights. – Toby tried. | -权利法案从中作梗 -托比努力过了 |
[13:37] | I was kidding. | 我是在开玩笑 |
[13:39] | Josh, this is our way in, a civil action. | 乔西,这是我们的脱身之道 一项人权活动 |
[13:42] | You could subpoena everything. Membership roles, donor roles… | 你可以控告任何人 成员,赞助者 |
[13:45] | …weapons inventory, computer downloads. | 调阅武器目录 下载电脑资料 |
[13:48] | Depose everyone who’s ever been to a meeting… | 控告曾经去开过会的人 |
[13:51] | …and every man and woman they name. | 跟他们供出的 每一个人 |
[13:54] | Josh, the Southern Poverty Law Center… | 乔西,南方穷人法律中心 |
[13:56] | …wants you to sue the Ku Klux Klan… | 要你控告三K党 |
[13:58] | …for 100 million dollars. | 求偿金额是一亿元 乔西 |
[14:05] | Donna called. She said don’t be late for budget. | 唐娜打电话来 她说你得准时参加预算委员会 |
[14:11] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[14:21] | – Charlie. – Good afternoon, ma’am. | -查理 -午安,夫人 |
[14:24] | Is the president free for a moment? | 总统现在有空吗? |
[14:26] | He’s with the Far East advisors. Would you like me to…? | 他跟远东顾问团在开会 你要我? |
[14:29] | No, no. Don’t interrupt him. Korea might have more plutonium. | 不,别打扰他 北韩可能有更多的钸 |
[14:32] | Give him a message for me. You wanna write this down. | 帮我转告他 你得把这个记下来 |
[14:35] | Your blood pressure is 120/80. | 你的血压是120/80 |
[14:37] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道? |
[14:39] | – I’m saying his blood pressure. – It’s 120/80. | -我是指他的血压 |
[14:42] | Yeah. Your EKG shows a good sinus rhythm. | 对,你的心电图 显示心跳速度正常 |
[14:45] | – No evidence of ischemic changes. – Spelling… | -没有缺血的现象 -怎么写 |
[14:47] | Doesn’t matter. Electrolytes and metabolic panels are within normal limits. | 那不重要,电解质 跟新陈代谢都在正常范围 |
[14:51] | Chest x-ray is clear, and prostate screens are fine. | 胸部X光没有问题 前列腺扫瞄也正常 |
[14:54] | So we can have sex now. | 所以现在我们可以做爱了 |
[14:57] | – Okay, that’s not me and you, right? – Go. | -好吧,那不是指你跟我吧? -快去 |
[15:08] | – Good afternoon, Mrs. Bartlet. – Good afternoon, Mrs. Landingham. | -午安,巴特勒太太 -午安 |
[15:11] | – How are you today? – I’m fine. Thank you. | -你今天还好吗? -我很好,谢谢你 |
[15:13] | – Are you looking for the president? – I imagine he’ll be along in a moment. | -你要找总统? -我想他应该马上会到 |
[15:16] | – Really? – Oh, yeah. | -真的吗? -对 |
[15:18] | – Good afternoon, Mr. President. – Good afternoon. | -午安,总统先生 -午安 |
[15:20] | – Is there anything I can…? – Go away. | -有什么事我可以 -走开 |
[15:23] | – You seem a little tense. – Not for long. | -你似乎很紧张 -待会就会没事了 |
[15:25] | – Why don’t we go inside? – Absolutely. | -我们为什么不进去? -没问题 |
[15:30] | Would you like me to inform Mr. McGarry and the advisors…? | 你要我通知 马加瑞先生跟顾问们? |
[15:34] | – BP, 120/80. – Who cares? It’s been 14 weeks. | -血压120/80 -谁在乎呢?我等了十四个星期 |
[15:37] | – Do these curtains close? – Not here, Jed. | -这些窗帘可以拉上的吗? -这里不行,杰德 |
[15:39] | – Yes, right. Where? – How about our bedroom? | -对,我们要到哪里? -我们的房间? |
[15:41] | New Hampshire’s an hour and a half by plane. | 回新罕布夏州 要搭一个半小时的飞机 |
[15:44] | Our bedroom in the residence? | 我们在白宫的卧室呢? |
[15:46] | Yes! We have a bedroom right here. That was so smart. | 对了,我们在这里有卧室 那真的是太棒了 |
[15:49] | – Yes. – Let’s go. | -对 -来吧 |
[15:50] | – What? – Korea, plutonium. | -什么? -北韩,钸 |
[15:52] | – God. I hate plutonium. – We have to find time before 6. | -天啊,我讨厌钸 -我们得在六点前找出空档 |
[15:55] | What happens at 6? | 六点有什么事? |
[15:57] | I fly to Cochran’s Mills, Pennsylvania. | 我得飞到宾州的 柯汉米尔斯 |
[15:59] | – Where the hell is Cochran’s Mills? – Pennsylvania. | -柯汉米尔斯到底在哪里? -宾州 |
[16:01] | – Right. – So you talk to Charlie. I’ll talk to Lilly. | -对 -你去跟查理谈,我会跟莉莉谈 |
[16:05] | We’ll coordinate, and find a free hour. | 我们一起合作 找出一小时的空档 |
[16:07] | It won’t take more than a couple of minutes, but I like your confidence. | 这不用花一分钟的时间 但我喜欢你的自信 |
[16:10] | – Back to work. – Can’t we just close the curtains? | -回去工作吧 -我们不能拉上窗帘吗? |
[16:12] | Let’s get back to work. | 快回去工作吧 |
[16:18] | – C.J. – Is he here? | -茜洁 -他来了吗? |
[16:19] | – He sent… – Carol! | -他派了 -卡萝 |
[16:20] | He sent an aide. | 他派了助手来 |
[16:22] | Lt. Buckley. | 巴克利中尉 |
[16:24] | – C.J. – Ms. Cregg. | -茜洁 -葛瑞小姐 |
[16:26] | Lt. Buckley. I’m a staff aide to Gen. Barrie. You need to speak with him? | 巴克利中尉,我是巴利将军的助手 你要跟他谈一谈吗? |
[16:29] | – I do. So, what are you doing here? – I’m an aide… | -没错,你来这里做什么? -我是他的助手 |
[16:32] | I heard you the first time. Where’s the general? | 我刚刚已经听到了 将军在哪里? |
[16:34] | – The general sent me. – I’m gonna send you back. | -将军派我来 -我要请你回去 |
[16:36] | – If I could know… – Is he doing the morning shows? | -如果我可以知道 -他要上晨间节目吗? |
[16:39] | I wouldn’t know that, ma’am. | 我不知道,小姐 |
[16:41] | I would know, and I do, and so do you. | 我要知道,我知道 你也知道 |
[16:43] | – Ma’am… – He’ll go on TV and trash the president. | -小姐 -他要上电视骂总统 |
[16:46] | – Last thing he does before he retires? – It’s not for… | -那是他在退休前要做的最后一件事? -那不是为了 |
[16:49] | Lieutenant! He’s gonna trash the president? | 中尉!他要骂总统? |
[16:52] | It’s not a surprise that Gen. Barrie… | 巴利将军会那么做不令人意外 |
[16:54] | …has some serious disagreements with this administration. | 他跟这个政府 看法严重分歧 |
[16:57] | – Particularly, your president. – My president is your president too. | -特别是你的总统 -我的总统也是你的总统 |
[17:01] | He has some real concerns over the state of readiness of our armed forces. | 他很担心 我们的武装部队备战状态 |
[17:05] | That shouldn’t get people alarmed for no reason. | 人们会担心是有原因的 |
[17:08] | He feels that taking this opportunity to express his opinions… | 他觉得他该把握机会 表达他的看法 |
[17:11] | …which are considered at the most expert level… | 那是专家的意见 |
[17:14] | Taking this opportunity before he leaves this service is his patriotic obligation. | 他在退休前把握这次机会 是一种爱国的责任感 |
[17:20] | – It’s called ” ring and run. ” – Ma’am… | -那叫做“打了就跑” -小姐 |
[17:22] | Go back to the Pentagon. | 滚回五角大厦 |
[17:24] | Tell Gen. Barrie C.J. Cregg says he’s a coward. | 告诉巴利将军 茜洁葛瑞说他是个懦夫 |
[17:34] | I’ll be honest with you. I didn’t even know we had offices down here. | 我得坦白跟你说 我甚至不知道这里有办公室 |
[17:38] | That bodes well for me. | 看得出来 |
[17:39] | – I wonder what else we got down here? – Bats, possibly? | -这里还有什么东西? -或许有蝙蝠吧 |
[17:44] | Room 442 is what we’re looking for. | 我们要找442室 |
[17:47] | I wouldn’t be surprised if we see it any second now. | 如果现在能找到它 我一点都不讶异 |
[17:50] | – You didn’t need to take me down here. – There’s no way you’d find it. | -你不需要送我来 -你不可能会找到它 |
[17:53] | – You’re the White House chief of staff… – Don’t worry about it. | -你是白宫幕僚长 -别担心 |
[17:57] | 442. Where the hell is it? | 442室到底在哪里? |
[18:02] | You’ve been really decent to me. I wanna thank you for that. | 你一直都对我很好 我要谢谢你 |
[18:05] | Kid, the others are gonna come around. | 孩子,其他人会改变对你的看法的 |
[18:08] | No, they won’t. | 不,他们不会的 |
[18:09] | Remember that the people you’re talking about… | 你说的那些人 |
[18:11] | …live their lives under siege, 24 hours, every day. | 每天二十四小时 都活在攻击炮火中 |
[18:15] | At a time in their lives when they’re trying to do good… | 如果他们想做好事 |
[18:18] | …you’re in their foxhole. | 你会是他们的人选 |
[18:19] | Sam Seaborn had this innocent relationship with a girl, bam! | 山姆希朋跟女孩谈恋爱,碰! |
[18:23] | Here comes the enemy. I’m a recovering alcoholic, bam! | 敌人来了,我在戒酒,碰! |
[18:27] | Radio, TV, magazines, cameras in front of my house. | 电台,电视,杂志 我家门口挤满了摄影机 |
[18:30] | People shouting at my daughter at the ball game. | 我女儿去看球赛 大家对着她大叫 |
[18:33] | Editorials, op-eds. | 社论,读者投书 |
[18:35] | “He’s a drunk. He’s dangerous. He should resign. “ | “他是醉鬼,他很危险 他该辞职” |
[18:40] | – I wrote one of those op-ed pieces. – I know. | -其中一篇读者投书是我写的 -我知道 |
[18:45] | It’s right over here. | 就在这里 |
[18:47] | 442. | 442室 |
[19:02] | It’s written down here, this is the steam pipe trunk distribution venue. | 上面写着 这里是排气管管道间 |
[19:11] | I’m working in the steam pipe trunk distribution venue? | 我要在排气管管道间工作? |
[19:16] | No, you’re working in your office. | 不,你是在你的办公室工作 |
[19:20] | Well… | 喔 |
[19:25] | Thank you for the help. | 谢谢你的帮忙 |
[19:31] | Ainsley, don’t worry about Sam or Josh and Toby… | 艾金丝莉,别担心山姆 乔西或托比 |
[19:36] | …or C.J. or the Democrats on the Hill or the Republicans on TV. | 茜洁,国会山庄的民主党员 或电视上的共和党员 |
[19:42] | You’re here to serve the president. | 你是在为总统工作 |
[19:46] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[19:49] | …welcome to the White House. | 欢迎你来到白宫 |
[20:12] | Leo? | 里奥? |
[20:15] | Mr. Tribbey. | 崔比先生 |
[20:16] | – I see they found you an office. – Such as it is. | -看来他们帮你找到办公室了 -就是你看到的这一个 |
[20:21] | Good men and women have worked in whatever room was available… | 不论办公室长什么样子 这里的人都非常努力 |
[20:24] | …and have done so without complaint. | 他们毫不抱怨地 努力工作 |
[20:26] | I don’t believe you heard me complain. | 我不相信你听过我抱怨 |
[20:28] | I believe I did, Ms. Hayes. | 我相信我听到了,海耶斯小姐 |
[20:30] | Why don’t you tell me what this is about? | 你为什么不告诉我 这是怎么一回事? |
[20:33] | – Sir? – These people are trying to do something. | -什么? -这些人有阴谋 |
[20:35] | I’ll have their backs while they’re trying. What are you doing here? | 他们敢乱来我会给他们好看 你在这里做什么? |
[20:38] | – Serving my country. – Why not join the Navy? | -为国效劳 -你为什么不加入海军? |
[20:41] | – I was asked to do this. – And you said yes? | -白宫要我来这里工作 -你答应了? |
[20:43] | – Why? – I feel a sense of duty. | -为什么? -我觉得这是我的责任 |
[20:47] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么? |
[20:49] | I said, I feel a sense of duty. | 我说我觉得这是我的责任 |
[20:52] | What, did you just walk out of The Pirates of Penzance? | 什么?你刚刚看完 《彭赞斯的海盗》? |
[20:55] | ” He’s an Englishman. “ | “他是个英国人” |
[20:57] | – That’s from H.M. S. Pinafore. – It’s from Penzance. | -那是《皮那佛号军舰》的台词 -那是《彭赞斯的海盗》的台词 |
[21:01] | Don’t tell me about Gilbert and Sullivan. | 别跟我谈 吉伯特及苏利文 |
[21:04] | It’s from Penzance or Iolanthe. One of the ones about duty. | 不是《彭赞斯的海盗》就是 《艾奥兰西》有出戏提到了责任感 |
[21:08] | They’re all about duty. And it’s from Pinafore. | 它们都提到了责任感 那是《皮那佛号军舰》的台词 |
[21:10] | Ms. Hayes… | 海耶斯小姐 |
[21:11] | Is it so hard to believe that someone would roll up their sleeves… | 海耶斯小姐 你真的很难相信 有人会卷起袖子 |
[21:15] | …set aside partisanship and say, “What can I do? “ | 撇开政党歧见 说“我可以做什么?” |
[21:19] | Yes. | 对 |
[21:25] | I want you to go up to the Hill this afternoon… | 我要你今天下午 到国会山庄 |
[21:28] | …and talk to the associate majority counsel at Governmental Affairs. | 跟政府事务委员会 副主任顾问谈一谈 |
[21:31] | You’re sending me because I speak Republican. | 你会派我去 因为他们是共和党员 |
[21:34] | Yes. Two staffers in the Communications Office: | 对,他们是 通讯办公室的职员 |
[21:36] | Steve Joyce and Mark Brookline. | 史提夫乔伊斯跟马克布鲁克林 |
[21:38] | The two you wanted to kill for screwing up on possession of the memo. | 你要杀了他们 因为他们说我们没有备忘录 |
[21:42] | Yes. | 对 |
[21:44] | Read about it, then fix it. | 看一下资料,解决这个问题 |
[21:47] | I will. | 我会的 |
[21:49] | – And thank you for asking me. – Yeah. | -谢谢你派工作给我 -对 |
[21:54] | Mr. Tribbey? | 崔比先生? |
[21:56] | I’d like to do well on this. | 我想把这件事做好 |
[21:58] | Any advice you could give that might point… | 如果你可以给我建议 告诉我 |
[22:00] | …the way of success would be appreciated. | 怎么做好这件事 我会非常谢谢你 |
[22:04] | Not speaking in iambic pentameter might be a step in the right direction. | 别跟他们彬彬有礼 应该就行了 |
[22:13] | The president’s way too moderate for your taste. | 总统的方式 对你来说太温和了 |
[22:18] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[22:21] | On affirmative action, capital gains, public schools, free trade. | 在平等权利法案,资金增值 公立学校,自由贸易的问题上 |
[22:25] | You left a lucrative practice in Chicago and a seven-figure income. | 你放弃在芝加哥当律师的机会 跟七位数的收入 |
[22:30] | It wasn’t out of duty? | 你那么做不是来自责任感吗? |
[22:40] | How are they tying the two shooters and the signal guy to the Klan? | 他们如何将两名枪手跟 打讯号的人跟白人至上团体扯上关系? |
[22:43] | They’re tying them to the Klan, West Virginia White Pride… | 他们会将他们跟白人至上团体 西维吉尼亚白人骄傲组织 |
[22:46] | – … Brotherhood of Aryan Nations. – How…? | -亚利安国家兄弟组织扯上关系 -怎么? |
[22:48] | The following is in the possession of the FBI: | 联邦调查局 找到下列物品 |
[22:50] | A map and the president’s itinerary given to the shooters… | 枪手持有一份地图 跟总统的行程表 |
[22:54] | …by the chapter head of White Pride, a videotape of a meeting… | 还有白人骄傲组织的标签 开会录影带 |
[22:58] | …with the leader railing against interracial couples… | 在录影带里,该组织领袖 倡言消灭种族通婚 |
[23:01] | …specifically citing Charlie and Zoey… | 特别提起了查理跟柔依 |
[23:03] | …using the term “lone wolf” over and over, which is the phrase they use… | 他们不断地提到“孤狼” 这个字,他们用它做暗号 |
[23:06] | …when they want younger members to take matters into their own hands. | 要年轻成员亲自解决问题 |
[23:10] | A copy of Hunter by William Pierce bought at a rally in Blacksburg. | 在黑堡的大会上 还能买到威廉皮尔斯的《猎人》 |
[23:14] | In the book, Pierce encourages supremacists to rid the earth… | 皮尔斯在书里鼓吹 种族优越论者 |
[23:17] | …of interracial couples by shooting them. | 枪杀种族通婚者 |
[23:19] | This is more than enough to begin deposing witnesses. | 这些足以 让法官裁定传唤证人 |
[23:22] | – You wanted to see me? – Yeah. | -你找我? -对 |
[23:24] | I just wanted to tell you that Joyce and Brookline are at it again. | 我只是想告诉你 乔伊斯跟布鲁克林又来了 |
[23:28] | – What’d they do? – Told Government Affairs… | -他们做了什么? -他们告诉政府事务委员会 |
[23:30] | – … we never had the Rockland memo. – I think we did have the Rockland memo. | -我们没有洛克兰备忘录 -我想我们的确有洛克兰备忘录 |
[23:34] | We did. Would you talk to them? | 没错,你能跟他们谈一谈吗? |
[23:36] | I also better talk to somebody in Government Affairs. | 我最好也跟 政府事务委员会的人谈一谈 |
[23:39] | – Tribbey already sent Ainsley Hayes. – To do what? | -崔比已经派艾金丝莉海耶斯去了 -去做什么? |
[23:42] | Talk to the associate… | 找副 |
[23:43] | That’s something I couldn’t do? | 我办不到吗? |
[23:45] | He wanted to send a lawyer. | 他想派律师去 |
[23:47] | I’m a lawyer. Everybody in the room is. | 我是律师 这房间里每个人都是律师 |
[23:49] | – From the Counsel’s Office. – Good. | -他要派顾问办公室的律师去 -好吧 |
[23:51] | I’ll tell everybody to cross their fingers. | 我会请大家 开始祈祷 |
[23:54] | If the story hasn’t been leaked, we withheld evidence. | 我们扣留证据的事没有外泄 |
[23:56] | Sam, that’s enough. | 山姆,够了 |
[24:01] | – Anything else? – No. | -还有别的事吗? -没有 |
[24:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:08] | His point isn’t wholly without merit, Leo. | 他说的话 不是没有道理,里奥 |
[24:12] | – What do you need? – Sam was talking to me. | -你有什么事吗? -山姆跟我谈过 |
[24:14] | – The Southern Poverty Law Center… – We know. | -南方穷人法律中心 -我们知道 |
[24:17] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢? |
[24:21] | – Well, I’m not wild about it. – Why? | -我不喜欢那么做 -为什么? |
[24:24] | Our people can be deposed too… | 我们的人也会被传唤当证人 |
[24:25] | …which leaves them vulnerable to embarrassing questions like: | 让他们被迫要回答 这样的问题 |
[24:29] | Have you ever tried cocaine? | 你使用过可卡因吗? |
[24:31] | They can ask Sam if he slept with a prostitute. | 他们会问山姆 他有没有召过妓女 |
[24:33] | – Those are irrelevant. – That’s why they’ll ask. | -那些问题无关此事 -所以他们会那么问 |
[24:36] | If our people refuse to answer, it’s a story. | 如果我们的人拒绝回答 他们就会大作文章 |
[24:38] | – We’re not wild about it. – That said… | -我们不喜欢那样子 -也就是说 |
[24:40] | …say the word, we’ll take a leave of absence, and join your legal team. | 这么说的,我们得请假 加入你的法律团队 |
[24:49] | “He is an Englishman” is from Pinafore. | “他是英国人” 是《皮那佛号军舰》的台词 |
[24:51] | – Tribbey says it’s from Penzance. – It’s from Pinafore. | -崔比说它是《彭赞斯的海盗》的台词 -它是《皮那佛号军舰》的台词 |
[24:54] | – He says it’s the one about duty. – They’re all about duty. | -他说那出戏里提到责任感 -它们都提到了责任感 |
[24:57] | I wanna be very clear, I could give a damn. | 我想说清楚,我不在乎 |
[25:02] | Okay. Quiet, kids. | 好吧,安静,孩子们 |
[25:04] | Saturday morning radio address, take 21. | 星期六早上广播谈话 第二十一次录音 |
[25:07] | I have a really good feeling about this one, sir. | 我觉得这次一定 能成功,长官 |
[25:10] | – Is this still my first term? – Yes, but I do take your point. | -我还只是第一年当总统吗? -对,但我明白你的意思 |
[25:13] | – We’ve spent a bit of time on this. – Here we go. | -我们已花了不少时间 -要开始了 |
[25:16] | In five, four, three… | 五,四,三 |
[25:18] | …two…. | 二 |
[25:20] | – Good evening. – Cut. | 二 -晚安 -卡 |
[25:21] | – What? – It’s morning. | -什么? -那是晨间谈话 |
[25:23] | It’s evening. It’s dark outside. | 现在是晚上,外面很黑 |
[25:25] | It’s evening now. It’s morning tomorrow. | 现在是晚上 那是明天早上的谈话 |
[25:28] | What time is it? | 几点了? |
[25:29] | It’s 5:45, sir. | 五点四十五分,长官 |
[25:31] | – Here we go. – In five… | -开始吧 -五 |
[25:33] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[25:35] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[25:36] | – I can’t. I gotta go. – Sir, I… | 不 -我办不到,我得走了 -长官,我 |
[25:39] | Kids, I am so sorry. I have to go now to a special meeting… | 孩子们,对不起 我得去开一个很特别的 |
[25:44] | …of the government. | 政治会议 |
[25:45] | I will mail you all an autograph copy of the picture we took together. | 我会寄给你们 我们的签名合照 |
[25:50] | And one day, you will all understand. | 有一天,你们会了解的 |
[25:54] | – Mr. President. – Take a break. | -总统先生 -休息一下 |
[25:56] | – She’s not there. – I’m going to a special meeting. | -她不在 -我要开一个特别会议 |
[25:58] | Of the government. Yes, sir. She had to go to Pennsylvania early. | 跟政治有关,是的,长官 她得提早到宾州去 |
[26:02] | Like to come back inside and take another swing at the radio address? | 麻烦你回去 录完广播谈话 |
[26:07] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[26:08] | Like to get that smile off your face… | 你如果再偷笑 |
[26:10] | …before I send you on assignment to the Yukon? | 我会派你到育空地区工作 |
[26:13] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[26:17] | – General, I’m sorry. She can’t… – I’ve ordered many men on assignment. | -将军,对不起,她没有 -我派过很多人出任务 |
[26:21] | I’ve sent them to Hue City, Khe Sahn Village, Da Nang… | 我派他们到胡志明市 奇桑村,蚬港 |
[26:24] | – Sir… – Don’t interrupt! | -将军 -别打断我说话! |
[26:25] | I’ve sent them to Grenada. I’ve sent them to Haiti. | -将军 -别打断我说话! 我派他们到格瑞那达 我派他们到海地 |
[26:28] | And I’ve sent them to Iraqi-occupied Kuwait. | 我派他们到 被伊拉克占领的科威特 |
[26:31] | – All acts of cowardice? – Sir… | -那是懦夫的行为? -将军 |
[26:33] | You think sending my aide here was an act of cowardice? | 你认为派我的助手来这里 是懦夫的行为? |
[26:36] | You think I have the time and inclination… | 你以为我有时间 跟意愿 |
[26:38] | Sir, that wasn’t what I was referring to. | 将军,我不是那个意思 |
[26:41] | Jumping up and down on the commander in chief… | 辱骂三军总司令 |
[26:43] | …then beating a path out of town is an act of cowardice. | 然后溜之大吉 是懦夫的行为 |
[26:46] | I think alerting the public to staggeringly dangerous vulnerabilities… | 我想告诉民众 现在三军 |
[26:51] | …of the current state of the military is an act of conscience. | 简直是不堪一击 是一种良知 |
[26:54] | I would too, sir, except… Again, I say this with all due respect… | 我也会那么做,将军,只是 我说过我无意不敬 |
[26:57] | Shove your respect! I don’t want it! | 少假惺惺了! 我不要你的尊敬! |
[27:00] | I say this with all due respect. I think your motives are personal. | 我无意不敬 我想你是假公济私 |
[27:03] | – I’d like to discuss that, sir. – Sure. | -我想谈论一下这一点,将军 -没问题 |
[27:06] | How about we discuss new defense spending being down to 300 billion… | 我们何不谈谈新的国防预算 从十年前的四千亿 |
[27:10] | …from 400 billion 10 years ago. Is that personal? | 缩减成三千亿 那是私人恩怨吗? |
[27:13] | No, that’s about the Cold War ending 10 years ago… | 不,那是因为 冷战在十年前结束 |
[27:15] | …and America not needing to spend much money… | 美国不需要花钱 |
[27:17] | …defending against a country that can’t bake bread. | 抵抗一个 连面包都没办法烤的国家 |
[27:20] | Kitten, optempo is up, which is fine. | 小姑娘,乐观主义高涨 那是件好事 |
[27:23] | But the problem is, perstempo is up too. Do you know what that is? | 但问题是退役率也高涨了 你知道那是什么意思吗? |
[27:27] | – It’s a rate of turnover in individual jobs. – Yes, sir. | -它是指军人转职到私人机构 -没错 |
[27:30] | Perstempo is up because higher-paying civilian jobs… | 退役率上升 因为薪水较高的私人机构工作 |
[27:32] | …lure men and women trained in high tech. | 引诱着受过高科技训练的人 |
[27:34] | We’re happy to take the rap for a booming economy, sir. | 我们很高兴 景气欣欣向荣 |
[27:37] | Two divisions: The 10th Mountain Division at Fort Drum… | 两只师部队 驻守在鼓堡第十登山师的 |
[27:40] | …and the 1 st Infantry in Germany have been rated C-4. | 跟驻守德国的第一步兵师 被评等为C-4级 |
[27:44] | That’s the lowest of four possible readiness grades. | 那是在四个备战等级中 最低的一级 |
[27:46] | – It means ” unfit for service. ” – No, sir. Again, with all respect… | -它表示“不适合服役” -不,长官,我还是无意不敬 |
[27:50] | …it means unfit for service based on the Pentagon’s “two-war doctrine. “ | 但它是在五角大厦的 “对战原则”中代表不适合服役的意思 |
[27:54] | It’s based on how fast these divisions would be able to extract themselves… | 它的评等标准是这些师 从维持和平任务 |
[27:58] | …from their peacekeeping mission, retrain on home bases… | 在基地整军 快速提高到二级大规模对战 |
[28:02] | …and ship off to a second of two full-scale, Gulf War-size conflicts. | 类似波斯湾战争规模的速度 |
[28:07] | There are also some, inside and outside the Pentagon, who questioned… | 五角大厦内有些人质疑 |
[28:11] | …whether the C-4 ratings might not be a maneuver on the part of the DOD… | C-4级不适用于国防部 |
[28:15] | …to help Republican allies in Congress secure more defense money. | 它们让我们在国会的共和党议员 有借口提高国防预算 |
[28:19] | Well, I’ll be telling my story to Tim Russert. | 我会把我的说法 告诉提姆罗赛特 |
[28:23] | No, I don’t think you will, general. | 不,我不认为你该那么做,将军 |
[28:26] | – I’m sorry? – I said, I don’t think you will. | -你说什么? -我说我不认为你该那么做 |
[28:31] | I notice among your many decorations is the Distinguished Combat Service Medal. | 我注意到你配戴的众多勋章中 包括杰出战功勋章 |
[28:36] | You’re wearing it now, as well as in numerous photographs… | 你配戴着它 也戴着它拍过许多照片 |
[28:40] | …including some taken with enlisted men in the field. | 包括了 跟战场英雄们的合照 |
[28:44] | You won it while on temporary duty with the Navy’s USS Brooke. | 你因为跟海军 布鲁克号战舰出任务赢这枚勋章 |
[28:50] | The thing is, the Brooke was never fired on, and it never shot its guns. | 事实上,布鲁克号并没有被跑轰 它也没有开火 |
[28:56] | Right now and in photographs, you’re wearing a medal you never won. | 现在,及在照片上 你都配戴着你不配拥有的勋章 |
[29:00] | How does that usually go over with the boys? | 士兵们会怎么想呢? |
[29:09] | He never served in uniform, not once. | 他没有打过仗 一次都没有 |
[29:15] | – And he presumes… – Is there anything else, sir? | -他以为 -还有事吗? |
[29:56] | Excuse me. I’m looking for Steve Joyce and Mark Brookline. | 对不起,我要找 史提夫乔伊斯跟马克布鲁克林 |
[30:00] | – Steve. Mark. – Thanks. | -史提夫,马克 -谢谢 |
[30:07] | Hi. I’m Ainsley Hayes. | 嗨,我是艾金丝莉海耶斯 |
[30:10] | Mark Brookline. | 马克布鲁克林 |
[30:12] | Steve Joyce. | 史提夫乔伊斯 |
[30:13] | Is there some place more private we can speak? | 我们能到 更隐密的地方谈一谈吗? |
[30:16] | – What do you think, the Oval Office? – The Oval Office works. | -椭圆形办公室可以吗? -那是个好点子 |
[30:19] | Or the Cabinet Room. | 或是内阁办公室 |
[30:21] | Why don’t we just step out into the hall? | 我们为什么不到走廊上谈? |
[30:34] | – Okay, we’ll keep our voices down. – Okay. | -好吧,我们得小声一点 -好的 |
[30:40] | Lionel Tribbey asked me to take care of the false testimony… | 莱纳崔比要我处理你们 跟政府事务委员会 |
[30:43] | …you gave to Governmental Affairs. | 说假证词的事 |
[30:45] | – False testimony? – Regarding the Rockland memo. | -假证词? -关于洛克兰备忘录 |
[30:48] | Look at your watch, Steve. Seventeen seconds it took her to call us liars. | 看一下手表,史提夫 她只花了十七秒就说我们是骗子 |
[30:52] | Fellas, that’s not what I was saying. I chose the wrong word, and I apologize. | 我不是那个意思 我说错话了,对不起 |
[30:57] | Mistaken testimony, you’re absolutely right. | 不当作证,你说的对 |
[31:00] | I spoke to the Associate Counsel, and I think we’re gonna be fine. | 我跟副顾问谈过了 我想我们会没事 |
[31:05] | – Two things I wanted to mention… – Mark. I’m sorry, I have work to do. | -我要谈两件事 -马克,对不起,我还有工作要做 |
[31:08] | – Yeah. – No, this’ll just take a second. | -对 -不,马上就好 |
[31:10] | First of all, forgive me if I’m repeating somebody else… | 首先,原谅我 如果我重覆别人说过的话 |
[31:14] | …but I’d be remiss if I didn’t make sure you understood… | 但如果我无法确定你们能了解 是我没有做好工作 |
[31:17] | …section 194 of the Federal Code says Congress can turn your testimony… | 联邦法令第一百九十四项 说国会可以将你们的证词 |
[31:20] | …over to a U.S. attorney, and he’d impanel a grand jury. | 交给美国律师 他可以组成大陪审团 |
[31:24] | – You don’t want any part of that. – Thanks. | -你们不会希望发生那种事 -谢谢 |
[31:26] | You know, we both went to high school. | 我们都念过高中 |
[31:28] | Yeah. | 对 |
[31:31] | The second thing is this: | 第二件事 |
[31:33] | Your attitude during your testimony is being taken by some… | 你们在作证时的态度 被某位共和党委员会成员 |
[31:36] | …of the Republican committee members as a sign of disrespect. | 视为不尊重 |
[31:41] | – Please. – No, hang on a second. | -拜托 -不,等一下 |
[31:43] | This is so easy to fix, we are gonna pick up yardage. | 这件事很容易解决 我们会做书面道歉 |
[31:46] | Write a short note, have it delivered by messenger to the Majority Counsel… | 简单写张字条 要快递送到主任顾问办公室 |
[31:50] | …copy the chairman and the speaker. | 副本给主席跟发言人 |
[31:52] | Your first act on the job is asking us to apologize… | 你的第一份工作 是来要我们 |
[31:55] | …to Republicans on the Governmental Affairs Committee. | 跟政府事务委员会的 共和党员道歉 |
[31:57] | – And the speaker of the House. – Because they didn’t like our attitude? | -还有众议院发言人 -因为他们不喜欢我们的态度? |
[32:03] | Yeah. I know this doesn’t look good. | 对,我知道这很难接受 |
[32:07] | But the fact is, it’s the smart thing to do. | 但事实上,那是明智之举 |
[32:10] | And if you don’t do it at my suggestion… | 如果你们不照 我的建议去做 |
[32:12] | …Lionel Tribbey is gonna come here, and you’re gonna have to do it at his. | 莱纳崔比会来这里 你们得照他的意思去做 |
[32:17] | – I have work to do. – Yeah. | -我还有工作要做 -对 |
[32:23] | Good evening. | 晚安 |
[32:24] | It’s very important that nobody tries to kill me in the next hour or so. | 晚安 我希望接下来的一小时内 没有人想杀我 |
[32:29] | Where have you been? | 你跑到哪里去了? |
[32:31] | On a conference call with Cardinal Law and the archbishop of Chicago. | 我跟罗枢机主教 及芝加哥总主教开会 |
[32:35] | – You couldn’t get off the phone? – ” Excuse me, Your Eminence. | -你没办法挂掉电话? -“对不起,主教阁下 |
[32:38] | The first lady is a little randy, and she says I’m good to go. “ | 第一夫人春情大动 她说我预备好了” |
[32:41] | – I am randy. – Good. Take your clothes off. | -我是春情大动 -很好,把衣服脱了 |
[32:43] | What ever happened to romance, a couple of cocktails, Mel Tormé? | 浪漫,鸡尾酒 梅尔托米的歌跑到哪里去了? |
[32:47] | – Get them off. – I’m going to the bathroom… | -把衣服脱了 -我要去浴室 |
[32:50] | …where I am gonna change into a special little garment… | 换上非常特别的衣服 |
[32:53] | – … I think you might enjoy. – You have two minutes… | -我想你应该会喜欢 -你有两分钟的时间 |
[32:55] | …or I swear, I’m gonna get Mrs. Landingham drunk. | 不然我会灌醉蓝丁汉太太 |
[32:58] | Loosen your tie. Loosen whatever you’d like. | 把领带松开 好好放松一下 |
[33:05] | What was that thing you were doing? | 你在做什么? |
[33:07] | – When? – Tonight in Pennsylvania. | -什么时候? -今天你去了宾州 |
[33:09] | You know what it was. | 你知道我做了什么 |
[33:11] | It was a monument dedication, or a statue. | 帮纪念碑或雕像揭幕 |
[33:14] | – Yeah. – Statue to who? | -对 -谁的雕像? |
[33:16] | Nellie Bly. | 奈莉贝利 |
[33:17] | You went all the way to Cochran’s whatever… | 你大老远跑到 柯汉什么东西的地方 |
[33:20] | …to dedicate a monument to Nellie Bly? | 为奈莉贝利的纪念碑揭幕? |
[33:23] | Abbey, you can really pass that kind of thing along. | 艾碧,你不必去做那些事 |
[33:26] | You don’t have to accept invitations from every historical society… | 你不必接受 所有历史社团的邀请 |
[33:30] | …that knows someone in the Social Office. | 只因为他们认识 公关室的人 |
[33:32] | If you want, I can have Charlie… | 如果你要的话,我可以请查理 |
[33:36] | You haven’t changed into the special garment. | 你没有换上 特别的衣服 |
[33:41] | Cochran’s Mills is where I went. | 我去了柯汉米尔斯 |
[33:47] | You know what I did just then? It was stupid. | 关于我刚刚说的话 那太蠢了 |
[33:51] | I minimized the importance of the statue that was dedicated to Nellie Bly… | 我低估了 奈莉贝利雕像的重要性 |
[33:55] | …an extraordinary woman to whom we owe a great deal. | 她是个伟大的女人 我们亏欠她很多 |
[33:57] | – You don’t know who she is, do you? – This isn’t happening to me. | -你不知道她是谁吧? -这种事不会发生在我身上 |
[34:01] | She pioneered investigative journalism. | 她是调查记者的先驱 |
[34:03] | I wanna beat the crap out of her. | 我不想听她的事 |
[34:04] | She risked her life by having herself committed to a mental institution… | 她冒着生命危险 潜入一家精神病院 |
[34:09] | …for 10 days, so she could write about it. | 十天,只为了做出忠实报导 |
[34:11] | She changed, entirely, the way we treat the mentally ill in this country. | 她完全地改变了 美国人对精神病的看法 |
[34:15] | – Abigail… – In 1890, she traveled… | -艾碧盖儿 -1890年 |
[34:17] | …around the world in 72 days, six hours, 11 minutes and 14 seconds. | 她以七十二天六小时 十一分钟十四秒环游世界一圈 |
[34:21] | Besting by more than one week Jules Verne’s 80 days. | 要比朱利斯威恩的八十天 快了一个星期以上 |
[34:25] | She sounds like an incredible woman. | 她听起来 像是个不可思议的女人 |
[34:27] | I’m impressed that she beat a fictional record. | 我很欣赏 她打破了虚构的记录 |
[34:29] | If she goes 21,000 leagues under the sea, I’ll name a damn school after her. | 如果她能潜入海里二万一千里 我会以她的名字为一所学校命名 |
[34:33] | – Let’s have sex. – When it comes… | -我们来做爱吧 -只要说到 |
[34:35] | …to historical figures being memorialized in this country… | 美国伟大的历史人物 |
[34:39] | …women have been largely overlooked. Nellie Bly is just the tip of the iceberg. | 女人会被严重地忽视 奈莉贝利只是冰山一角 |
[34:44] | I couldn’t possibly hear about the rest of the iceberg now. | 我现在不想听 其他的部份 |
[34:47] | Elizabeth Blackwell was the first American woman… | 伊莉莎白布雷克威尔 是第一个拿到医学学位的 |
[34:51] | …to be awarded an M. D. | 美国女性 |
[34:52] | She founded the Women’s Medical College. | 她成立了女子医学学院 |
[34:54] | Keep talking. I’ll sit here and think… | 继续说吧 我会坐在这里想 |
[34:56] | …about plutonium and the things I can do with it. | 钸跟解决方法 |
[34:59] | “Brown v. Invisible Empire, Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. | “布朗控告隐形帝国 白人至上团体骑士 |
[35:02] | The court found for the Southern Christian Leadership Conference… | 法官发现 南方基督徒领袖议会 |
[35:04] | …and the marchers attacked in Decatur. “ | 跟游行者 在迪卡杜发动攻击” |
[35:07] | ” Vietnamese Fisherman’s Association v. The Knights of the KKK. | “越南渔夫协会 控告白人至上团体骑士 |
[35:10] | Civil action enjoining the Klan from operating a Texas army. “ | 人权法案阻止白人至上团体 组织德州军队” |
[35:13] | They shut them down. “Donald v. United Klans of America. | 他们阻止了他们 “唐纳控告白人至上团体合众国 |
[35:16] | A suit on behalf of a black youth who was lynched. “ | 他代表被处以私刑的 年轻黑人打官司” |
[35:19] | The jury returned a 7-million-dollar verdict… | 陪审团判决赔偿七百万 |
[35:21] | …and deeded the headquarters to the mother. Court took the Bat Cave. | 总部得赔钱给死者母亲 法庭是不支持这些活动的 |
[35:24] | – Here’s the thing. It’s not just… – Hang on. | -它不只是 -等一下 |
[35:27] | – I’m kind of caught… – Hang on a second. | -我有点 -等一下 |
[35:38] | Did you talk to Steve Joyce and Mark Brookline? | 你跟史提夫乔伊斯 和马克布鲁克林谈过了? |
[35:40] | – Yes, I did. – I was told… | -没错 -我听说 |
[35:42] | …you would be working in the Majority Counsel’s Office… | 你会在 主任顾问办公室工作 |
[35:45] | …but it’s my understanding I’d be talking to Brookline and Joyce… | 但我知道我该去找 布鲁克林跟乔伊斯 |
[35:47] | …seeing as how they work for me. | 看看他们做什么的 |
[35:50] | I was taking initiative. | 我先找过他们 |
[35:51] | Well, wasn’t that spunky of you. | 别那么生气 |
[35:54] | Sam, do you think there’s any chance that you could be rude to me tomorrow? | 山姆,你觉得 明天你会对我这么无礼吗? |
[35:58] | Tomorrow is Saturday. I will be here. | 明天是星期六 我会来这里 |
[36:00] | You can call me and be rude by phone, or you can stop by and do it in person. | 你可以在电话里没礼貌地骂我 或是面对面跟我说清楚 |
[36:05] | If I have to endure another disappointment today… | 如果我得在同一天里面 对这个我崇拜的地方 |
[36:07] | …from this place that I have worshipped, I am gonna lose it. | 再次失望,我一定会发疯的 |
[36:11] | So if you could wait until tomorrow, I would appreciate it. | 如果你可以等到明天 我会很感激你 |
[36:24] | Anyway…. | 总之 |
[36:27] | The jury returned a 7-million-dollar… | 陪审团判赔七百万 |
[36:32] | I’ll be back in just a second, okay? | 我马上回来,好吗? |
[36:40] | Ainsley? | 艾金丝莉? |
[36:45] | Look, can I talk to you for a minute? | 听着,我可以跟你谈一谈吗? |
[36:49] | All I was really trying to say… | 我只是想说 <臭女人> |
[36:56] | Who did this? | 这是谁干的? |
[36:59] | Who did this? | 这是谁干的? |
[37:01] | – I don’t know. – Yes, you do. | -我不知道 -不,你知道 |
[37:04] | – Don’t worry about it. – Who sent this? | -别担心 -是谁送来的? |
[37:06] | – Don’t worry about it. – Ainsley. | -别担心 -艾金丝莉 |
[37:08] | Sam…. | 山姆 |
[37:09] | How did your meeting go with Brookline and Joyce? | 你跟布鲁克林 和乔伊斯谈得如何? |
[37:12] | It went great. I talked to them for a couple of minutes, and I think that… | 情况很不错,我跟他们谈了 几分钟,我想 |
[37:17] | Sam! | 山姆! |
[37:22] | Did anybody order a pizza? And if they didn’t, could they do it now? | 有人订了披萨吗? 如果没有的话,快去订吧 |
[37:27] | You know what, guys? | 你们知道吗? |
[37:29] | When I write something, I sign my name. | 我写东西时一定会签名 |
[37:32] | Here, I’ll show you. | 好了,我示范给你们看 |
[37:34] | You have any idea how big of a harassment suit you just exposed us to? | 你们知道你们的行为 会让我们被告性骚扰吗? |
[37:39] | She just… | 她只是 |
[37:43] | She works here. | 她在这里工作 |
[37:45] | Which is more than I can say for either one of you. | 跟你们说什么也没有用 |
[37:55] | “You’re fired. S. Seaborn. “ | “你们被开除了 山姆希朋” |
[37:57] | I don’t know who you think you are around here, you can’t fire us. | 我不知道你以为你是谁 你不能开除我们 |
[38:00] | Oh, yes. | 不对 |
[38:03] | He can. | 他可以 |
[38:05] | Leave here, and don’t ever come back. | 快滚吧,别回来 |
[38:11] | It’s time for both of you to write your book now. | 你们可以去写书了 |
[38:26] | Lionel? | 莱纳? |
[38:31] | What are you looking at? | 你在看什么? |
[38:33] | I’m… Nothing. | 我没事 |
[38:35] | I’m not… | 我没有 |
[38:37] | Nothing. | 我没有 没事 |
[38:39] | Except it’s from Pinafore. | 但那是《皮那佛号军舰》的台词 |
[38:41] | – It’s from Penzance. – Hate to stick my head… | -那是《彭赞斯的海盗》的台词 -我不想 |
[38:43] | …in the lion’s mouth, but I gotta ask: | 挑战权威,但我要问 |
[38:45] | Were you the secretary of the Princeton Gilbert and Sullivan Society? | 你是普林斯顿大学 吉尔伯及苏利文社团的秘书吗? |
[38:49] | – No, but then again, I’m not a woman. – I’m just… | -不,但我不是女人 -我只是 |
[38:51] | Little drinks, I’m supposed to be having right now. | 我原本正在喝饮料 |
[38:54] | Umbrellas sticking out of them. | 上面还要插着小雨伞 |
[38:57] | Shish kebab! | 还有烤羊肉 <星期六早上> |
[39:12] | “Belva Lockwood, for instance, the first woman to practice law. | “譬如说贝娃拉伍克 她是第一位女性律师 |
[39:16] | She argued a case in front of the U.S. Supreme Court in 1879… | 她在1879年 到美国最高法院打官司 |
[39:20] | …decades before she’d have the right to vote. | 数十年后女性才有投票权 |
[39:23] | Ellen Swallow Richards, the first woman to be a professional chemist. | 艾伦史瓦洛理查斯 是第一个女性职业化学家 |
[39:27] | Maria Mitchell, who discovered a comet in 1847… | 玛丽亚蜜雪儿 在1847年发现了一颗彗星 |
[39:30] | …and was the first woman admitted to the Academy of Arts and Sciences. | 她是第一个进入 艺术及科学学院的女性” |
[39:34] | I could go on and on and on and on. | 我可以继续说下去 |
[39:37] | The fact remains that of the monuments built with public money… | 事实上用公费兴建这么多纪念碑 |
[39:41] | …only 50 of them pay tribute to the women who helped build this country… | 只有五十个是用来纪念这些 对国家贡献甚多的女性 |
[39:45] | …and open its doors to all our daughters who would follow. | 她们为我们的女儿作出了很大的贡献 |
[39:48] | In the coming months, I’ll try to persuade Congress to rectify that. | 在接下来几个月里 我会说服国会修正这个错误 |
[39:52] | In the meantime, enjoy your weekend. God bless you, and God bless America. “ | 同时祝大家周末愉快 上帝保佑你们,天佑美国 |
[39:56] | – We’re out. – Do it live. That’s what I always say. | -可以了 -做现场转播,那是我的名言 |
[39:58] | – Very nice, babe. – By the way, the Statue of Liberty. | -非常好,宝贝 -还有自由女神像 |
[40:02] | – Get upstairs. – At the front door to the country. | -上楼去 -就在美国的大门口 |
[40:05] | – Upstairs! – Like a lawn jockey. | -上楼去! -就跟割草工人一样 |
[40:06] | Mr. President? | 总统先生? |
[40:08] | C.J., the president’s gonna take a personal staff time now. | 总统先生? 茜洁,总统现在 要处理一下私人事务 |
[40:11] | No, it’s okay. I’ll be right behind you. | 不,没关系 我马上上楼去 |
[40:13] | – Special garment. – Go. | -特别的衣服 -快去吧 |
[40:16] | – Mr. President? – Is this about Ed Barrie? | -总统先生 -这跟艾德巴利有关吗? |
[40:19] | Yes, it is. | 对 |
[40:21] | – I wanted to ask… – Go ahead, let him out of the box. | -我想问你 -去吧,让他上电视 |
[40:24] | Say what you want about Barrie, and I can say plenty. | 你想说巴利什么都行 我还可以帮你补充 |
[40:27] | He was the first one in and the last one out of a war… | 他是第一个进战场 最后一个离开战场的人 |
[40:30] | …that I didn’t want anything to do with. | 但我不想 跟那件事扯上关系 |
[40:32] | The man’s earned the right to say whatever he wants. | 他有权 说出他想说的话 |
[40:35] | Let him out of the box, would you? | 让他说吧,好吗? |
[40:37] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[40:38] | – Anything else? – No, sir. | 是的,长官 -还有事吗? -没事了,长官 |
[40:40] | I’m out of here. | 我要离开了 |
[40:44] | It ties up the staff indefinitely when there are… | 大家都得待在这里 如果他们 |
[40:47] | There are other things they should be doing. | 他们还有别的事要做 |
[40:50] | I’d appear to be using a high-profile position for my personal agenda. | 这是我的私人事件 我不想影响到其他的人 |
[40:53] | But mostly, I just think a lawsuit is too small. | 但我认为 光打一件官司太小意思了 |
[40:58] | I can’t have it be like I slipped in their driveway. | 我不想大事化小 |
[41:05] | It’s different than that to me. | 我可不那么想 |
[41:10] | I don’t wanna sue them. | 我不要告他们 |
[41:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:16] | – And the insurance company? – Them, I’ll sue. No problem. | -保险公司呢? -我会告他们,没问题 |
[41:22] | We’re on our way. | 我们马上来 |
[41:23] | – She’s here. – Let’s go. | -她来了 -走吧 |
[41:30] | Hello? | 哈��? |
[41:33] | Hello? | 哈��? |
[42:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |