时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | Five U.S. DEA agents have been abducted in Colombia. | 五名美国缉毒组探员 在哥伦比亚被绑架 |
[00:10] | The government has no control over the region. There is no law. | 政府无法控制该地区 当地根本没有法律 |
[00:14] | And they’re gonna shoot them in the head and have a parade. | 他们会朝他们的头部开枪 然后举行游行 |
[00:17] | In three hours I want to kick in the back door. | 再过三小时 我就要进攻 |
[00:19] | – When do I see numbers? – There’s a 17 percent response rate. | -我什么时候可以看到数据? -一成七的人已经回应了 |
[00:22] | – When do I see numbers? – In five minutes. | -我什么时候可以看到数据? -五分钟 |
[00:27] | It may take a little longer now. | 应该会更久 |
[00:29] | – You mad at me? – We had a deal. | -你在生我的气吗? -我们说好了 |
[00:31] | When did you decide you were gonna run for a second term? | 你什么时候决定竞选连任? 战争 <星期二晚上> |
[00:49] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[00:51] | It was just three hours ago I gave the State of the Union. | 三小时前 我才发表过国情咨文 |
[00:54] | – Yeah. – You believe that? | -对 -你相信吗? |
[00:57] | What are you doing? It’s freezing out here. | 你在做什么?外面好冷 |
[00:59] | I’m not allowed to smoke inside anymore. | 我不能在里面抽烟 |
[01:01] | I thought you were allowed to do pretty much whatever you want. | 我还以为 你想做什么都可以 |
[01:05] | Up to the point where you accidentally burn holes in priceless antiques. | 直到你不小心 把价值连城的古董烧破一个洞 |
[01:09] | – You should stop smoking. – Why? | -你该戒烟的 -为什么? |
[01:11] | – You’ll live longer. – I smoke two cigarettes a day. | -你会更长寿的 -我每天抽两根烟 |
[01:14] | – It’s a bad example. – For who, Russian spy satellites? | -那是个坏例子 -给谁?俄罗斯间谍卫星? |
[01:18] | George Bernard Shaw said, “You don’t live longer. It just seems longer. “ | 乔治伯纳萧说 “你没有活久了,只是看起来久了” |
[01:22] | I’m not sure it was Shaw. | 我不确定那是萧说的 |
[01:25] | I’m not sure it was either. | 我也不确定 |
[01:27] | – Is it time? – Yeah. | -时候到了吗? -对 |
[01:34] | Ten hut! | 立正! |
[01:38] | Where are we? | 情况如何? |
[01:39] | Sir, a C-141 with two Delta Force teams has been in the air for 85 minutes. | 长官,一架C-141跟两支三角洲 小组已经升空了八十五分钟 |
[01:44] | – What happens when I give the order? – They’ll enter Colombian airspace. | -如果我下令会发生什么事? -他们会进入哥伦比亚领空 |
[01:48] | At the same time, a 19-man unit, a Special Forces Alpha team… | 同时,一队十九人的 特战部队阿尔发小组 |
[01:51] | …that’s already on the ground at Tres Encinas, will head to Villacerreno. | 他们已经在崔斯安西纳斯 将往瓦拉斯雷诺出发 |
[01:55] | What do they do when they get there? | 他们到那里后会怎么做? |
[01:57] | They’ll hike 11 miles into the jungle and hold still. | 他们会步行十一里 进入丛林后在原地待命 |
[02:00] | – Why? – It’ll be daylight by then. | -为什么? -他们抵达时已经天亮 |
[02:02] | Nineteen guys have to lie face-down in the jungle till sunset? | 十九个人得趴在丛林里 等太阳下山? |
[02:05] | That’s when the hostages will be moved. | 那时人质才会被移动 |
[02:07] | – And that’s when we go. – They’re moving the hostages where? | -那是我们出发的时候 -他们要将人质移动到哪里? |
[02:11] | From the Tasco outpost to the Frente command center. | 从塔斯可前进基地 移到法兰提指挥中心 |
[02:14] | – On foot? – Yeah. | -步行吗? -对 |
[02:15] | 10. 7 kilometers down the road, there’s a plateau called Mesa Del Oro. | 走十点七公里的路 有个叫做梅沙迪尔欧洛的高原 |
[02:20] | That’ll give the Deltas maximum maneuverability. | 那让三角洲小组 有最高的机动性 |
[02:23] | – The code name’s Cassiopeia? – Yes, sir. | -暗号是卡西欧提亚? -是的 |
[02:25] | Mickey, you look like you wanna say something. | 米奇,你好像有话要说 |
[02:27] | – Mr. President, I think you should wait. – For what? | -总统先生,我认为你该等 -为什么? |
[02:31] | To see how negotiations continue with Guerra. | 看看我们 跟古拉的谈判结果 |
[02:33] | Guerra wants Aguilar out of a Colombian prison. | 古拉要哥伦比亚人 放了阿奇拉 |
[02:36] | Are there any other circumstances under which he’ll give these hostages back? | 如果我们提出其他条件 他会愿意放了人质吗? |
[02:40] | – Possibly. – Crap. | -很可能 -胡说八道 |
[02:42] | If we keep talking, we don’t risk hostages getting shot in the rescue. | 如果我们再谈下去 我们就不必冒人质在抢救时被杀的风险 |
[02:45] | What difference does it make if they’re shot during a rescue or at Villacerreno? | 他们在抢救时或在瓦拉斯雷诺被杀 有什么不同? |
[02:50] | We can keep them alive longer if we let them be taken there. | 如果我们能让他们被送去那里 我们能让他们活久一点 |
[02:53] | Are we gonna keep them alive longer or will it just seem longer? | 我们能让他们活久一点 或是看起来会久一点? |
[02:57] | Sir? | 长官? |
[02:59] | I’ve reason to believe they’ll be tortured at Villacerreno. | 我有理由相信 他们在瓦拉斯雷诺会被折磨 |
[03:01] | They’re U S. drug agents. They know things these people wanna know. | 他们是美国缉毒探员 他们知道这些人想知道的事 |
[03:05] | Sir, the C-141 is approaching Colombian airspace. | 长官,C-141已经接近 哥伦比亚领空 |
[03:20] | Go. | 去吧 罗伯洛 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 珍妮尔摩隆奈 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 |
[04:08] | Tonight’s State of the Union contained 8747 words. | 今晚的国情咨文 有八千七百四十七个字 |
[04:13] | It was second in length only to his inaugural address… | 它的长度是第二长的 仅次于他的就职演说 |
[04:16] | …and 75 minutes longer than Washington’s first address to Congress. | 比华盛顿第一次向国会演说 长七十五分钟 |
[04:21] | Officer Sloan, would you be willing to go on television tomorrow? | 索伦警官 你明天想不想上电视? |
[04:24] | – They knew how many words there were. – In the speech? | -他们知道有几个字 -你是指演讲稿吗? |
[04:27] | – About 8700? – Yeah. | -大约八千七百个字? -对 |
[04:29] | – Would you be willing to go on TV? – I think I’d really rather just go home. | -你想不想上电视? -我宁愿回家去 |
[04:34] | This is gonna be a part of the news by tomorrow night either way. | 这将会是明晚 的一则新闻 |
[04:37] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道? |
[04:38] | Same way I knew there were 8700 words in the speech. | 你怎么知道? 就跟我知道 演讲稿有八千七百字一样 |
[04:41] | I have some experience at this. | 我在这方面相当有经验 |
[04:43] | – What’ll happen? – You’ll do a very quick satellite interview. | -会发生什么事? -你会做一个很快的卫星访问 |
[04:46] | “What was it like being at the State of the Union? “ | “参加国情咨文是什么感觉?” |
[04:49] | ” It was an honor. “ | “它是项荣誉” |
[04:50] | “Talk about your act of heroism. ” ” I wouldn’t really call it heroism, but…. “ | “它是项荣誉” “说说你的英勇行为” “我不会说它是英勇行为,但是” |
[04:56] | ” Now, I understand you had some trouble back in the early ’80s. “ | “我知道 你在八十年代初期有点问题” |
[05:00] | ” I’m glad I have a chance to talk about that. “ | 制片:劳伦斯欧唐尼尔二世 “我很高兴 有机会谈谈这件事” |
[05:02] | And you tell your story just like you told it to me. | 就像你告诉我的 把你的故事说出来 |
[05:06] | – Do I wear my uniform? – Coat and tie. | -我要穿制服吗? -穿上外套,打领带 |
[05:09] | Carol? | 卡萝? |
[05:11] | Would you make sure Officer Sloan gets back to his hotel? | 请你送索伦警官 回饭店去 |
[05:15] | I’d like to thank all our guests tonight. | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 我要谢谢今晚所有的宾客 |
[05:17] | Henry Shallick, David Satch, Toby Ziegler, Bob Woodward, Jeff Greenfield… | 亨利沙立克,大卫萨奇,托比齐格 巴伯伍沃德,杰夫葛林菲 |
[05:22] | …C.J. Cregg and of course, the White House for allowing us to broadcast live. | 茜洁葛瑞 还要谢谢白宫让我们做实况转播 |
[05:28] | You’ve been watching a special expanded edition of Capitol Beat. | 这是《首都节奏》的特别节目 |
[05:32] | I’m Mark Gottfried. Have a good night. | 我是马克葛特菲,晚安 |
[05:36] | We’re out. | 转播完毕 |
[05:39] | Great job, everybody. | 大家表现的都很好 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[05:44] | – You said 20 minutes. – I was in a meeting. | -你说过二十分钟 -我在开会 |
[05:46] | – It’s now 40. – I was in a meeting. | -现在是四十分了 -我在开会 |
[05:48] | – At midnight? – It’s not midnight everywhere. | 制片:麦可希斯瑞区,尼尔海恩二世 -在午夜时分吗? -并不是每个地方都是午夜 |
[05:50] | – What’s his story? – He’s innocent. | -他有什么说法? -他是无辜的 |
[05:52] | You just decided? | 编剧:艾伦索金 你刚刚决定? |
[05:53] | A grand jury, a DA and a civil court judge decided 17 years ago. | 你刚刚决定? 大陪审团,检察官 跟人权法官 导演:克里斯多福米夏诺 |
[05:57] | Nobody brought charges, and the civil suit was dismissed. | 十七年前决定的 没有人被起诉,人权告诉案撤销 |
[06:00] | – Then why on his record…? – Detroit police cited him… | -为什么他的记录? -底特律警方嘉奖他 |
[06:02] | …for excessive force to calm the black community. | 努力安抚黑人社区 |
[06:05] | It was a robbery. They were jumping over walls. | 那是一宗抢案 他们四处逃窜 |
[06:07] | The guy’s leg was already fractured when Sloan got there. | 索伦到的时候 那家伙的腿已经断了 |
[06:10] | He’s gonna do your show. | 他会上你的节目 |
[06:12] | – Is he doing everybody else’s show too? – No. | 他会上你的节目 -他要上其他人的节目吗? -不 |
[06:14] | – Why not? – Because you waited 40 minutes. | -为什么? -因为你等了四十分钟 |
[06:26] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[06:29] | Bill Dryer from Gillette’s office called. He wants to have a meeting with you. | 葛利特办公室的比尔戴耶打电话来 他想跟你开会 |
[06:33] | – Dryer? – Gillette. | -戴耶? -葛利特 |
[06:41] | – I’ll bet he wants a meeting with me. – Yeah. | -我敢说他想跟我开会 -对 |
[06:46] | It’s not gonna happen. | It’s not gonna happen. 那不会发生的 那不会发生的 |
[06:48] | We got enough input from him while we were writing the thing. | 写演讲稿时 他跟我们说了很多想法 |
[06:51] | – I don’t need to hear… – He’s very upset. | -我不需要听 -他非常沮丧 |
[06:53] | – I know, he’s… – More than we calculated. | -我知道,他 -出乎我们的预估 |
[06:56] | We’ve upset him. | 我们让他很沮丧 |
[06:58] | We have to learn to live with that pain. | 我们让他很沮丧 我们得学着 如何忍受这种痛苦 |
[07:00] | He’s not the president. | 他不是总统 |
[07:02] | He’s a junior senator from North Dakota where nobody lives… | 他不是总统 他只是来自无人居住的 北达科塔州的菜鸟参议员 |
[07:05] | …because it’s cold and they don’t have a sports franchise. | 因为那里很冷 他们没有职业运动球队 |
[07:08] | Do I need to lay out why he is important? | 我要指出 他为什么很重要吗? |
[07:10] | – No. – He is adored by the left. | -不 -左派人士喜欢他 |
[07:12] | – Stop laying out the ways. – He’s our link to the environmentalists. | -别说了 -他是我们跟环保人士的联络者 |
[07:15] | Toby, asking for this meeting isn’t out of line, and you should take it. | 托比,要求开会并不过份 你应该去的 |
[07:19] | In fact, you should take it tomorrow morning at 7:30 at the Hyatt. | 事实上你应该明天早上七点半 在君悦饭店跟他见面 |
[07:22] | – You set it up already? – Just the time and place. | -你已经安排好了? -我只安排好时间跟地方 |
[07:25] | – You expect me to explain myself to him? – Yes. Yes, I do. | -你要我跟他解释自己的想法? -对 |
[07:31] | – Fine. – Toby. | -好吧 -托比 |
[07:33] | – C.J. – 7:30. | -茜洁 -七点半 |
[07:36] | The Post is calling it “sleek, challenging and oftentimes witty. “ | 华盛顿邮报说它是“条理有序 有挑战性,有时相当机智” |
[07:40] | Not unlike myself. | 就跟我自己一样 |
[07:41] | Who is Sloan and why am I just hearing about this? | 就跟我自己一样 谁是索伦 和为什么我要听这个? |
[07:44] | Sloan was one of the invited guests. | 索伦是应邀来宾之一 |
[07:46] | The one we stuck in over the weekend? | 周末时被我们困在这里的人? |
[07:48] | A long time ago he was cited by the Detroit police for excessive force. | 很久前他因为英勇行为 被底特律警方表扬 |
[07:52] | – Against a black suspect? – Yeah. | -因为他逮捕了黑人嫌犯? -对 |
[07:54] | – How was this guy not vetted? – Because it was last minute. | -为什么这家伙没有被调查? -因为那是最后一分钟才决定的 |
[07:57] | – What are you doing about it? – Gottfried’s gonna interview him. | -你打算怎么处理? -葛特菲要访问他 |
[08:00] | – It’s a bad idea. – Why? | -那是个烂点子 -为什么? |
[08:02] | Blacks won’t react well to our supporting a brutal cop. | 黑人不会喜欢 我们支持暴力警察 |
[08:05] | – He’s not a brutal cop. – Says you. | -他不是暴力警察 -那是你的说法 |
[08:07] | Says me, a grand jury, two judges, the district attorney and common sense. | 我,大陪审团,两名法官 检察官跟一般人都那么说 |
[08:11] | It’s going public anyway, Toby. Gottfried got the story on his own. | 反正这件事都会公开,托比 葛特菲有他的说法 |
[08:15] | – Fine. Where’s Josh? – He went back to the phone banks. | -好吧,乔西在哪里? -他回去电话银行了 |
[08:18] | – Is the electricity back on? – No. | -电力恢复了吗? -不 |
[08:20] | – Then what’s he doing there? – Hoping the electricity goes on. | -那么他在那里做什么呢? -希望电力恢复 |
[08:24] | Well, that ought to do it. | 那应该可以了 |
[08:29] | – Josh? – Yeah? | -乔西? -什么事? |
[08:31] | – Can I tell you something about women? – Oh, God, please don’t. | -我能跟你谈谈女人的事吗? -天啊,拜托你不要 |
[08:34] | – We like to be wooed. – Donna. | -我们喜欢被赞美 -唐娜 |
[08:36] | – She wants you to ask her out. – She doesn’t. | -她要你去约她 -她不要 |
[08:39] | – You’re missing the signs. – I’m not. | -你错过了讯号 -我没有 |
[08:41] | – I know a thing or two about love. – No, you don’t. | -我了解爱 -不,你不了解 |
[08:43] | – The signs. – I’m thinking of firing you. | -讯号 -我考虑要开除你 |
[08:45] | – You’ve fired me twice. I’m impervious. – Among other things. | -你开除过我两次,我不会被影响的 -你在其他方面也一样 |
[08:50] | – We’ll start over tomorrow night. – Why? | -我们明晚再开始过 -为什么? |
[08:53] | It’s already 9:30 in California. The power isn’t on. We’re missing half the window. | 加州已经九点半了,电力还没有恢复 一半的柜台都无法使用 |
[08:57] | – Joey. – Pack it in. | -乔伊 -走吧 |
[09:03] | Okay. Folks, we’ll start over tomorrow night. | 好了,大伙们 我们从明天晚上再开始过 |
[09:08] | – See you. – Take it easy. | -再见 -放轻松 |
[09:10] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[09:12] | So you have to wait another day. | 你得再等一天 |
[09:14] | – I’m not good at waiting. – No kidding. | -我不善于等待 -我知道 |
[09:17] | Donna. | 唐娜 |
[09:18] | Why do you expect our polling to be any different than others? | 唐娜 你为什么期待 我们的民调会跟其他民调不同? |
[09:21] | We’ve got dial groups. We’ve got CNN, USA Today. We’ve got Gallup. | 我们有拨号大军,我们有 CNN,今日美国,我们有葛拉普 |
[09:25] | – Why’s our poll gonna be different? – We’re asking different questions. | -为什么我们的民调会不一样? -我们问不一样的问题 |
[09:28] | I’ll get your coat. | 我去帮你拿外套 |
[09:31] | By the way… | 还有 |
[09:32] | …right there, back when she said, “See you”… | 在那里时,她说: “再见” |
[09:35] | – … that was a sign. – You’re fired. | -那是个讯号 -你被开除了 |
[09:37] | – Impervious. – Yeah. | -我不会被影响的 -对 |
[09:49] | – Mr. President? – Yeah. | -总统先生? -什么事? |
[09:52] | You understand we’ve got heating inside, right? | 你了解里面有暖气吧? |
[09:55] | This isn’t cold. It’s crisp. | 这不是冷,我觉得很凉爽 |
[09:57] | No, it’s cold. | 不,真的很冷 |
[09:59] | Well, you’re a big wussy. | 你很娘娘腔 |
[10:09] | – Knight to king-4. – It’ll leave the bishop open. | -骑士对国王四 -那会让主教有危险 |
[10:12] | You’re gonna sacrifice the bishop for the queen’s rook. | 为了皇后的城堡 你得牺牲主教 |
[10:15] | – Where? – Four moves down. | -在那里? -往下移动四步 |
[10:26] | Abbey’s pretty pissed at me. | 艾碧非常气我 |
[10:29] | – How bad? – Pretty bad. | -多严重? -非常严重 |
[10:31] | King’s knight-3. | 国王对骑士三 |
[10:38] | I have this image in my mind of the dead soldiers coming back from Vietnam… | 我脑里一直浮现死亡士兵 从越南回来的划面 |
[10:42] | …the caskets coming off the plane, but I don’t know from where. | 棺材被运下飞机 但我不知道它们来自何处 |
[10:46] | – Television. – The caskets coming off the plane? | -电视 -棺材被运下飞机? |
[10:52] | Are they down? | 他们降落了吗? |
[10:53] | Yeah, the Deltas landed in Tres Encinas. | 他们降落了吗? 对,三角洲在崔斯安西纳斯降落 |
[10:57] | Alpha moved out, and they’ll be in Villacerreno at 0700. | 阿尔发出动了 七点时他们会抵达瓦拉斯雷诺 |
[11:00] | Where they wait. | 他们会在那里等 |
[11:03] | Yeah. | 对 |
[11:07] | I’ll see you in the morning. | 明天早上见 |
[11:09] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢总统先生 |
[11:30] | – Morning, Charlie. – Morning, Mrs. Landingham. | -早安,查理 -早安,蓝丁汉太太 |
[11:32] | – Did you ever solve the mystery? – Of the $500 check? | <星期三早上> -你解开谜团了吗? -那张五百块的支票? |
[11:35] | – Yeah. – Yes, I did. | -对 -我找到答案了 |
[11:36] | – I solved the mystery. – What was it? | -对 -我找到答案了 -我解开了谜团 -到底怎么了? |
[11:38] | – I’m a mystery solver. – That’s wonderful, sweetie. What was it? | -我是解谜高手 -那真的太棒了,甜心,到底怎么了? |
[11:41] | Mrs. Bartlet wrote the check to a woman she read about… | 巴特勒太太 开支票给她在报上 |
[11:44] | …who’s now living in a women’s shelter. | 看到现居于女性收容所的一个女人 |
[11:46] | You know why she never cashed the check? | 你知道她为什么 没有去兑现吗? |
[11:48] | Because it was from the First Lady, and she had it framed instead? | 因为那是第一夫人的支票 她把它装框做收藏? |
[11:52] | – That was the mystery. – It’s a good one. | -那就是真相 -太棒了 |
[11:54] | Does the president know he has breakfast with Josh and Sam? | 总统知道 他得跟乔西及山姆吃早餐吗? |
[11:57] | He’s on his way. It was a good mystery. | 他马上来 那是个很好的谜团 |
[11:59] | You solved it fast because I loosened the ketchup bottle for you. | 你很快就解开了谜团 因为我给了你提示 |
[12:03] | – Okay. | – Okay. -好吧 -好吧 |
[12:05] | – Can I tell you something strange? – Sure. | -我能告诉你一件怪事吗? -当然 |
[12:07] | All last night at the phone banks… | 昨晚在电话银行 |
[12:10] | …Donna was telling me I should ask Joey Lucas out. | 唐娜说 我应该约乔伊路卡斯出去 |
[12:13] | You should. | 你的确应该那么做 |
[12:15] | Fine. But that aside, what do you make of Donna being the one pushing it? | 好吧,别管那一点 你觉得唐娜为什么会想拉红线? |
[12:19] | – I don’t make anything. – You wouldn’t think she’d be jealous? | -我什么都没做 -你不觉得她会吃醋吗? |
[12:22] | She goes out with guys. Are you jealous? | 她跟男人出去,你吃醋吗? |
[12:24] | – No. – See? | -不会 -看? |
[12:25] | – I don’t get jealous. – So? | -不会 -看? -我不会吃醋 -所以呢? |
[12:27] | I don’t like it, and usually do everything within my capabilities to sabotage it… | 我不喜欢那样 通常我会尽力破坏 |
[12:32] | …which is why it’s curious that Donna would do nothing to discourage… | 所以我很好奇 唐娜会那么努力 |
[12:37] | …in fact do everything to encourage, a date with Joey Lucas… | 事实上她真的很鼓励 我跟乔伊路卡斯约会 |
[12:40] | …who, quite frankly, is a very attractive woman. | 老实说 她是个很有魅力的女人 |
[12:43] | – Josh? – Yeah. | -乔西? -什么? |
[12:44] | – Your voice got really high at the end. – Yeah, sorry. | -你的尾音往上拉高了 -对不起 |
[12:48] | – Hey. – Good morning, sir. | -嘿 -早安 |
[12:50] | Thanks for having breakfast with me. | 谢谢你们跟我一起吃早餐 |
[12:52] | – Did you order? – We were waiting for you. | -你们点餐了吗? -我们在等你 |
[12:54] | – Billy. You want scrambled eggs? – Yeah, thanks. | -比利,你要炒蛋吗? -好的,谢谢 |
[12:58] | – Can we get them some scrambled eggs? – Anything for you? | -他们要炒蛋 -你呢? |
[13:01] | – I’m fine. – Then we’re fine too. | -我不吃 -那么我们也不吃 |
[13:03] | – No. – Sir, we’re fine. | -不 -长官,我们不吃 |
[13:05] | – Bring them some food. Would you? – Yes, sir. | -麻烦帮他们送点食物上来 -是的 |
[13:08] | You understand I can’t discuss with you any rescue mission… | 你知道我不能 跟你们讨论援救计划 |
[13:11] | …that may or may not be in play right now. | 不论他们 是不是开始动手了 |
[13:14] | Of course. | 当然 |
[13:16] | I’m assuming State has people negotiating with Nelson Guerra. | 我猜政府 正在跟尼尔森古拉谈判 |
[13:19] | Nelson Guerra wants me to tell President Santos to release Aguilar from prison. | 尼尔森古拉要我告诉 总统圣多斯去释放阿奇拉 |
[13:24] | I wouldn’t make that call with a gun to my head. | 就算有人拿枪抵着我的头 我都不会打那通电话 |
[13:26] | I have a gun to my head, and I’m not making that phone call. | 已有人拿枪抵着我的头了 但我都不会打那通电话 |
[13:30] | I inherited “War on Drugs”… | 我继承了“向毒品宣战” |
[13:31] | …from a president, who inherited it from a president… | 那是前任总统的政策 他也是继承前任总统的政策 |
[13:34] | …who inherited it from a president before that. | 他也是继承 前任总统的政策 |
[13:37] | I’m not 100% sure who we’re fighting, but I know we’re not winning. | 我无法确定我们的敌人是谁 但我知道我们赢不了 |
[13:41] | Ten years ago, we spent $5 billion fighting drugs… | 十年前 我们花了五十亿打击毒品 |
[13:45] | …and we did such a good job that last year we spent 16 billion. | 我们表现的很好 去年我们花了一百六十亿 |
[13:48] | Sixty percent of federal prisoners are in jail on drug charges… | 六成的联邦罪犯 都是因毒品被关 |
[13:54] | …as opposed to two and a half percent that are there for violent crime. | 因为犯下重罪 进牢里的人只有百分之二点五 |
[13:58] | We imprison a higher percentage of our citizens than Russia did… | 我们囚禁人民的比例 比俄罗斯 |
[14:01] | …under Communism and South Africa under apartheid. | 共产党当权时高 也比种族隔离时的南非高 |
[14:04] | Somewhere between 50 and 85 percent of the prison population… | 五成到八成五 被关在牢里的人 |
[14:08] | …has a drug or alcohol abuse problem. | 有酗酒或吸毒的毛病 |
[14:10] | We’ve tried “Just Say No. ” I don’t think it’s gonna work. | 我们试过了“向毒品说不” 我想那是行不通的 |
[14:14] | I’m mentioning this… | 我会提到这件事 |
[14:16] | …because I’d like you to give me any thoughts you might have on the subject. | 因为我要你们 告诉我你们的想法 |
[14:20] | – Thank you, Mr. President. – Thank you, sir. | -谢谢总统先生 -谢谢你 |
[14:31] | – Hello. – What are you doing here? | -嗨 -你在这里做什么? |
[14:32] | – I came in early. – Bonnie. | -我很早就来了 -邦妮 |
[14:34] | I’ve been here for an hour. | 我在这里等了一小时 |
[14:35] | Are we releasing the names of the agents or not? | 我们要不要 公布探员的名字? |
[14:38] | Yeah. | 对 |
[14:39] | – You gotta give me another chance. – At what? | 对 -你得再给我一个机会 -什么? |
[14:42] | – At meeting the president. – You met the president last night. | -跟总统见面 -昨晚你跟总统见过面了 |
[14:45] | – I was wearing a bathrobe. – You sat in paint. | -当时我穿着浴袍 -你正在化妆 |
[14:47] | – I was singing and dancing. – You were happy. | -我在唱歌跳舞 -你很快乐 |
[14:50] | – I threw my drink up in the air. – Not much of it landed on your head. | -我把饮料撒得满天飞 -掉到你头上的饮料不多 |
[14:53] | – I looked like an idiot, and it’s your fault. – My fault? | -我看起来像个白痴,那是你的错 -我的错? |
[14:57] | You arranged the meeting over my express wishes. | 你太快 让我跟他见面 |
[14:59] | I’m not the one who got you jumping around like Joey Heatherton. | 不是我让你 像乔伊海瑟顿一样乱跳 |
[15:02] | – Do something. – Arrange another introduction? | -想个办法 -安排另一次机会? |
[15:05] | – You have to. – Last night you were scared to meet him. | -你非得那么做不可 -昨晚你害怕跟他见面 |
[15:08] | And I’m still scared… | 我还是很害怕 |
[15:09] | …but I’ll overcome that to erase the humiliation… | 我还是很害怕 但我会克服那一点,洗刷 |
[15:12] | …I’ve brought upon myself and my father. | 我为自己跟我父亲 带来的耻辱 |
[15:14] | You’re just in your own little Euripides play over there, aren’t you? | 你刚刚在演尤里皮底斯,对吧? |
[15:18] | Please arrange another introduction. | 请再安排我跟他见面 |
[15:20] | – Fine. – Really? | -好吧 -真的吗? |
[15:21] | – Yes. – Thank you. | -好吧 -真的吗? -对 -谢谢你 |
[15:24] | You should’ve given me a heads up on the Blue Ribbon, Toby. | 你应该告诉我 蓝缎带的事,托比 |
[15:27] | – Seth. – You should’ve given me a heads up. | -赛斯 -你应该提早告诉我 |
[15:29] | It happened five minutes before he walked into the House. | 那是他进入众议院前 五分钟发生的事 |
[15:32] | You’re a junior senator and don’t get script approval on the State of the Union. | 你是个菜鸟参议员 没资格批准国情咨文 |
[15:36] | Whatever language you couched it in, it was not an insignificant change. | 不管你怎么说 那都不会改变 |
[15:40] | You started off with, “We will not cut Social Security, ” and wound up with: | 开始时你说 “我们不会裁缩社会福利” ,完结时说 |
[15:45] | “We’re announcing the formation of a bipartisan Blue Ribbon Commission… | “我们宣布两党 将在蓝缎带委员会合作 |
[15:48] | …to study options with regard to Social Security. “ | 研究社会福利的政策” |
[15:51] | What is the danger in that? | 那有什么不好的? |
[15:53] | What’s the danger in my reform bill? | 我的改革法案有什么风险? |
[15:55] | Diverting revenue into trust funds is not reform. | 将年收入转入 信托基金不是改革 |
[15:58] | It’s the only Social Security reform bill supported by any Senate Democrats. | 那是由民主党参议员 支持的唯一社会福利改革法案 |
[16:03] | – How many votes did it get last year? – The White House… | -去年它拿到了几票? -白宫 |
[16:05] | Eighteen. Eighty-two U.S. senators think your reform bill sucks. | 十八票,八十二位美国参议员 认为你的改革法案烂透了 |
[16:10] | So unless you can pick up a majority… | 除非你可以吸引大多数人 |
[16:12] | …I don’t know what’s wrong with being open to hearing new ideas. | 我不知道敞开心胸听听新想法 有什么不好的 |
[16:16] | And compromise essential Democratic Party principles… | 妥协于 民主党的基本原则 |
[16:18] | – … to cut a deal with the Republicans? – It’s not what we’re doing. | -跟共和党和谈? -那不是我们会做的事 |
[16:22] | If your commission recommends raising the retirement age one day… | 如果你的委员会 提议提高退休年龄一天 |
[16:25] | …reducing benefits one dollar, reducing Colas…. | 减掉一元的福利 减掉COLAs |
[16:28] | If you recommend partial privatization on Social Security… | 如果你建议 社会福利部份民营化 |
[16:31] | Are there cameras? | 这里有摄影机吗? |
[16:33] | …I will condemn it as an act intent on destroying Social Security. | 这里有摄影机吗? 我会说它是 破坏社会福利的行为 |
[16:36] | – And ruling the galaxy. – You think this is a joke? | -也统治了银河系 -你觉得这是玩笑吗? |
[16:39] | You think I won’t publicly condemn a member of my party? | 你以为我不会 公开谴责同党同志? |
[16:43] | The president’s not a member of your party. He’s the leader. | 总统不是你的同党同志 他是领袖 |
[16:46] | If you think demonizing people who are trying to govern responsibly… | 如果你觉得恐吓 想要尽一己责任的人民 |
[16:50] | …is the way to protect our liberal base… | 是保护自由的方式 |
[16:52] | …then speaking as a liberal, go to bed. Would you, please? | 然后把自己当成自由派人士 你可以回家去了 |
[16:57] | You’re running to the right on the environment. | 你是在跟环保份子作对 |
[16:59] | We admonished environmental terrorism. You’re in favor of it? | 我们警告环保恐怖份子 你支持吗? |
[17:01] | It was cheap, and you lost friends. | 那太低级了,你失去了朋友 |
[17:04] | – We made more than we lost. – Then you go on TV… | -我们交了更多的朋友 -你上电视时 |
[17:06] | …in defense of a cop who kicked the crap out of a black kid… | 护卫那个 痛打黑人小孩的警察 |
[17:09] | …because you don’t want to admit you screwed up… | 因为你不想承认 你搞砸了 |
[17:12] | …and he never should’ve been invited. | 你们不该邀请他 |
[17:15] | Seniors, environmentalists, African-Americans. | 老年人,环保份子 非裔美国人 |
[17:19] | Tell me which has a greater chance of happening: | 告诉我 哪一个比较可能发生 |
[17:22] | My reform bill getting passed… | 我的改革法案可以通过 |
[17:24] | …or the president getting reelected without these three groups. | 或没有这三个团体 总统可以当选连任 |
[17:27] | Three groups that will never desert the president. | 这三个团体 永远不会遗弃总统 |
[17:30] | Not unless I run as a third-party candidate, no. | 除非我 以第三党候选人出马角逐 |
[17:33] | Those 18 votes are looking a little bigger now. Aren’t they, you son of a bitch? | 那十八票现在很有份量吧?大混蛋 |
[17:45] | I was just thinking about this cartoon I once saw. | 我只是在想 我看过的一出卡通 |
[17:48] | Tiny fish are swimming through the leaves of a plant. | 小鱼游过植物的叶子 |
[17:51] | But then one fish realizes it’s not a plant. | 但有一只发现 它不是植物 |
[17:53] | It’s the tentacles of a predator. And the fish says: | 它是敌人的触角 鱼说: |
[17:56] | “With friends like this, who needs anemones? “ | “有这样的朋友 谁需要海葵?” |
[18:03] | Come at us from the left, and I’m gonna own your ass. | 你敢跟我们作对 我会给你好看 |
[18:15] | Ask someone at my office for the notes on the noon speech. | 跟我办公室的人 要中午演讲的资料 |
[18:18] | – “Women in the Arts”? – Yeah. | -“艺术界女性?” -对 |
[18:20] | – And pack a sweater for the plane? – Yeah. | -为了上飞机帮我带一件毛衣? -对 |
[18:23] | – Hey, Charlie. – Good morning, ma’am. You heading out? | -嘿,查理 -早安,你要出去吗? |
[18:26] | Not till tonight. Chicago, then Seattle. | 我今晚要去芝加哥,然后是西雅图 |
[18:28] | I wanted your permission to draw $500 and walk it to that woman in the shelter. | 我要你的批准,我想拿五百块 送去给收容所的那个女人 |
[18:33] | – Oh, I’d appreciate that. Thank you. – Is there anything else I can do? | -谢谢你 -还有别的事吗? |
[18:37] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢你 |
[18:39] | – Hey. – Good morning, sir. I’ll be in the office. | -嘿 -早安,我会在办公室里 |
[18:44] | What’s that about? | 那是怎么一回事? |
[18:45] | Charlie’s gonna bring cash over to Jane Robinson. | 那是怎么一回事? 查理会把现金 送去给珍罗宾森 |
[18:48] | – You’re packing already? – Yeah. | -你已经在打包了? -对 |
[18:50] | – You’re not leaving till tonight, right? – Yeah. | -你今晚才会离开吧? -对 |
[18:53] | Men and women are completely different in this regard. | 男人跟女人 在这方面完全不同 |
[18:56] | When was the last time you packed a suitcase at all? | 你上次打包行李 是什么时候的事? |
[18:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:01] | I just had breakfast with Sam and Josh. | 我刚跟山姆及乔西吃过早餐 |
[19:03] | Toby’s having breakfast with Seth Gillette… | 托比在跟 赛斯葛利特吃早餐 |
[19:05] | …who’s every bit as pissed at me as you are. | 他跟你一样 都在生我的气 |
[19:09] | – Abbey, can we…? – Guys, can you give me a minute? | -艾碧,我们? -你们能不能给我一点时间? |
[19:19] | We didn’t get a chance to talk last night. | 昨晚我们没有时间 好好谈一谈 |
[19:21] | – I don’t think we should. – Talk? | -我不认为我们该那么做 -你是指谈一谈吗? |
[19:23] | – Ever? – Oh, if wishing made it so, Jed. | -永远吗? -如果真的需要那样的话,杰德 |
[19:25] | I don’t think it’s a good idea for us to talk now. | 我不觉得 我们现在应该谈一谈 |
[19:28] | – Why? – You’ve gotta focus on Colombia. | -为什么? -你的心都放在哥伦比亚上 |
[19:30] | I can do two things at once. | 我可以一心二用 |
[19:31] | You don’t have two things at once. You have 92 things. | 你不是一心二用 你脑子里有很多事 |
[19:34] | One of them is five hostages in Colombia. | 其中之一是哥伦比亚的五个人质 |
[19:36] | And I’d like to go on without this black cloud around me… | 我不想带着坏心情 |
[19:39] | …so I’d like to talk now. | 所以我要跟你谈一谈 |
[19:41] | This is a longer conversation than that… | 这得花很长的时间 |
[19:43] | …and we can talk about it later. And you should focus. | 我们可以待会再谈 你应该专心一点 |
[19:47] | What are you, my Zen master? Can I be in charge of my own mind? | 你是我的心灵导师吗? 我可以控制自己的心吗? |
[19:50] | Let me tell you something! | 让我告诉你一件事! |
[19:52] | Get as chippy as you want if that makes you feel better. | 让我告诉你一件事! 如果那能让你好过一点 你想生气就生气吧 |
[19:54] | I am your wife. I love you. You have a crisis. You have to deal with it. | 我是你太太,我爱你 你有危机,你得去处理 |
[19:59] | When it’s done, we’ll talk. | 危机处理好后我们再谈 |
[20:05] | I feel better already. | 我已经觉得好多了 |
[20:18] | I’m on hold. | <星期三晚上> 我还在等 |
[20:22] | I’m on hold. | 我还在等 |
[20:27] | I’m on hold. | 我还在等 |
[20:33] | I’m in some hellish hold world of holding. | 我一直都在等 |
[20:36] | – Josh? – I’m on hold. | -乔西? -我还在等 |
[20:38] | They’ll call us when the power’s back. | 电力恢复后 他们会打电话给我们 |
[20:40] | – They did. – What happened? | -他们打了 -发生了什么事? |
[20:41] | I’m on hold. | 我还在等 |
[20:43] | – I’ll wait with you. – That’ll be a lot of fun. | -我跟你一起等 -那一定会很好玩 |
[20:47] | So you never told me why this poll is different… | 你从来没有告诉我 为什么这次民调会不同 |
[20:50] | …why you’re interested in these particular numbers. | 为什么 你会对这些数字有兴趣 |
[20:52] | There are five congressional districts that concern me. | 我担心的是 五个国会选区 |
[20:55] | – Which districts? – Kentucky 3rd. That’s Louisville. | -哪些选区? -肯塔基州第三区,也就是路易斯维尔 |
[20:58] | – And Jefferson. – Yeah. Louisiana 4th, Missouri 9th… | -还有杰佛逊 -路易斯安纳第四区,密苏里第九区 |
[21:00] | – … Missouri 6th and Ohio 12th. – What’s with those districts? | -密苏里第六区跟俄亥俄第十二区 -这些选区怎么了? |
[21:03] | The president announced a crime package that would… | 总统宣布了 打击犯罪配套措施,它 |
[21:07] | Require a five-day background check. | 需要五天的背景调查 |
[21:09] | – Those congressmen… – Are sitting on the fence. | -那些国会议员 -坐高山观虎斗 |
[21:11] | So you wanna know how the package polled in those districts. | 你想知道这个配套措施 在那些地方的民调 |
[21:15] | If it polled well, you got your gun law. | 如果成绩不错,枪枝法就能通过 |
[21:16] | If it tanked, you shut up or lose five seats in the House. | 如果失败了,你们会闭嘴 或失去众议院里的五个席次 |
[21:19] | Why do you ask when you’re gonna have the conversation all by yourself? | 你知道那么多 为什么还要问我? |
[21:24] | – You want me to hold the phone? – I can hold the phone. | -你要我帮你等吗? -我可以等 |
[21:28] | Take the phone. Give me the phone. | 电话给你,电话给我 |
[21:36] | Why are you trying to fix me up with Joey Lucas? | 你为什么 要帮我跟乔伊路卡斯牵红线? |
[21:38] | I think you’d make a nice couple. | 我觉得你们很配 |
[21:40] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[21:42] | If you got married, you wouldn’t have to get your towels re-monogrammed. | 如果你结婚了 毛巾上的字也不必重绣 |
[21:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:47] | – The power’s back on. – Excellent. | -电力恢复了 -太棒了 |
[21:50] | – What do we do now? – We wait. | -我们现在该怎么办? -我们得等 |
[21:56] | How you doing, Ainsley? | 你好吗?艾金丝莉 |
[21:58] | My mouth is dry, my hands are moist and I have to pee. | 我的嘴巴很干,手都是汗 我想上厕所 |
[22:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:01] | – Hey, you ready? – Yes. | -你准备好了吗? -是的 |
[22:04] | You sure? Let’s go. | 你确定吗?我们走 |
[22:06] | – Call it off. – Here we go. | -算了吧 -我们走 |
[22:07] | – No, really. – Ainsley. | -不,真的 -艾金丝莉 |
[22:08] | – I’ll meet him another time. – What other time? | -我下次再见他 -什么下次? |
[22:10] | – A better time. – What’s a better time? | -时间比较适合的时候 -什么时候? |
[22:12] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[22:13] | Don’t you have to absolve yourself of the humiliation… | 你不必为自己洗刷 |
[22:16] | …visited on your family and the House of Atreus? | 你为自己跟你父亲 带来的耻辱吗? |
[22:18] | But I believe I’m going to compound the humiliation. | 但我相信我可以解释 |
[22:21] | – It’ll never happen. – Really? | -它从来没有发生过 -真的吗? |
[22:22] | No, it probably will. | 不,或许它会的 |
[22:25] | – Hey. – Is he coming? | -嘿 -他来了吗? |
[22:27] | He’s stopping in on his way from the thing. | 他在来的路上 因为有些事耽误了 |
[22:35] | How you doing, Ainsley? | 你好吗?艾金丝莉 |
[22:36] | I’m concerned about peeing on your carpet. | 我担心我会尿在你的地板上 |
[22:39] | – Okay, well, now I am too. – Tell her it’s gonna be fine. | -好吧,我也是 -告诉她会没事的 |
[22:44] | – Your skirt’s on backwards. – May I use the bathroom? | -你的裙子穿反了 -我能去洗手间一下吗? |
[22:46] | – Yes. – Thank you. | -好的 -谢谢 |
[22:49] | Ainsley! | 艾金丝莉! |
[22:53] | – Good evening, Mr. President. – Is she here? | -晚安,总统先生 -她来了吗? |
[22:55] | – Ainsley Hayes? Yes, sir. – Where is she? | -艾金丝莉海耶斯吗? -她在哪里? |
[22:57] | Well, she’s in the closet, Mr. President. | 她在橱柜里,总统先生 |
[23:00] | – Why? – She thought it was a bathroom. | -为什么? -她以为那是洗手间 |
[23:05] | – Why is she still in there? – That’s kind of hard to say, sir. | -为什么她还在里面? -那有点难以启齿 |
[23:08] | – Why don’t we get her out here? – Yeah. | -快把她弄出来 -好的 |
[23:13] | – Ainsley? – Yes? | -艾金丝莉? -什么事? |
[23:15] | Ainsley, why don’t you come on out of there? | 艾金丝莉,你为什么不出来? |
[23:21] | How you doing? | 你好吗? |
[23:23] | We met last night. You were singing and dancing in a bathrobe. | 昨晚我们见过面 你穿着浴袍又唱又跳的 |
[23:26] | – Yes, sir. – Why were you in the closet? | -是的 -你为什么会在橱柜里? |
[23:28] | I had to pee. | 我想上厕所 |
[23:29] | I can’t smoke inside, but you can pee in Leo’s closet. | 在室内我不能抽烟 但你可以在里奥的橱柜里上厕所 |
[23:32] | – Mr. President… – I appreciate your coming to work for me. | -总统先生 -谢谢你答应为我工作 |
[23:35] | You’re an exceptionally bright young woman. Is your father proud of you? | 你是个聪明的女孩 你爸爸以你为荣吗? |
[23:39] | – Yes, sir. – I’ll bet he is. | -是的 -我想也是 |
[23:42] | – Listen…. – Mr. President. | -听着 -总统先生 |
[23:45] | Sam. | 山姆 |
[23:58] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[24:01] | Charlie, get the door. | 查理,把门关上 |
[24:05] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[24:06] | – Mr. President… – Did we lose the hostages? | -总统先生 -我们失去了人质? |
[24:09] | – The hostages weren’t there. – What are you talking about? | -人质不在那里 -你在说什么? |
[24:11] | – Oh, God. – What? | -天啊 -什么? |
[24:13] | The radio communications we’d been intercepting on the SIGINT were wrong. | 我们在信号情报 拦截到的无线电通讯是错的 |
[24:17] | When the Deltas got to the area, it was a dry hole. | 三角洲小组赶到那里 那里根本就没有人 |
[24:20] | That’s when one of the two Blackhawk helicopters… | 这时,其中一架黑鹰直升机 |
[24:24] | …was shot down by a shoulder- mounted surface-to-air missile. | 被肩背式的地对空飞弹击中 |
[24:36] | – How many guys were on the Blackhawk? – The pilot, the engineer and seven Deltas. | -黑鹰直升机上有多少人? -飞行员,工程师跟七名三角洲成员 |
[24:41] | So I’ve got nine more guys now on the ground we’ve gotta get back? | 现在我们 还得再救九个人回来? |
[24:48] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[24:49] | Sir, the second Blackhawk went in and recovered the bodies. | 长官,第二架黑鹰直升机 飞回去运出了尸体 |
[25:01] | – They’re dead? – Yes, sir. | -他们死了? -是的 |
[25:11] | I want the president of Colombia on the phone. I want a translator right now. | 我要用电话联络哥伦比亚总统 我要翻译员 |
[25:24] | Damn it! | 该死! |
[25:30] | Damn it! | 该死! |
[25:37] | Sir? | 长官? |
[25:38] | How the hell did that happen? | 怎么会发生那种事? |
[25:41] | – It was bad intelligence. – You think? | -情报有误 -你是这样觉得吗? |
[25:44] | Frente left behind a radio and a soldier at the outpost… | 法兰提留下无线电 在岗哨那里留下一名士兵 |
[25:48] | …and they were deliberately sending misinformation. | 他们故意传送 错误讯息 |
[25:51] | We’d never anticipated the possibility that somebody might try that? | 我们无法预料 有人想那么做? |
[25:55] | We weren’t prepared for someone to try and outfox us with a stratagem… | 我们没有准备 有人会想出 |
[25:59] | …so sophisticated it’s an entire generation beyond: | 这么棒的策略对付我们 那简直是超越了一个世代 |
[26:02] | ” Hey, look, your shoelaces are untied! “ | “你看,你的鞋带松了” |
[26:05] | Is that how I just lost nine guys, to a damn street gang with a ham radio? | 我因为一个街头混混跟一台无线电 失去了九个好手? |
[26:14] | They lured us there so that they could kill nine American soldiers! | 他们引诱我们去那里 好让他们杀九名美国士兵! |
[26:23] | – Where are the bodies? – They’re on their way back. | -尸体在哪里? -正在回程的路上 |
[26:27] | – Where? – Dover. Around 4 a.m. | -在哪里? -早上四点可以抵达多佛 |
[26:37] | Mr. President? | 总统先生? |
[26:52] | We have a secure connection. | 我们已经连络上了 |
[26:55] | – Somebody translating on the other end? – Yes, sir. | -有人在另一边翻译? -是的 |
[26:59] | Mr. President, this is the president of the United States. | 总统先生 我是美国总统 |
[27:03] | – Good evening, Mr. President. – Mr. President. | -晚安,总统先生 -总统先生 |
[27:06] | Ninety minutes ago, the United States invaded Colombian airspace. | 九十分钟前 美国入侵哥伦比亚领空 |
[27:10] | Two Blackhawk helicopters went into Tres Encinas… | 两架黑鹰直升机 飞进崔斯安西纳斯 |
[27:14] | …with 20 Delta commandos on intelligence… | 载着二十名三角洲小组成员 我们从情报得知 |
[27:16] | …that the hostages were being moved. | 人质被移走了 |
[27:19] | One of the Blackhawks was shot down. There were nine military fatalities. | 一架黑鹰直升机被击落 造成九名军人死亡 |
[27:24] | I’m terribly sorry to hear that. | 我真的很遗憾 |
[27:26] | I’d like to ask for your assistance in confirming… | 我要请你帮忙确认 |
[27:29] | …that the five hostages are still alive. | 五名人质还活着 |
[27:33] | The hostages are alive. | 人质还活着 |
[27:35] | – How does he know that? – How do you know that? | -他怎么知道? -你怎么知道? |
[27:38] | We have confirmation that we’re transmitting to you through channels. | 我们有确认资料 现在传送给你们 |
[27:44] | – Mr. President? – Yes. | -总统先生? -是的 |
[27:46] | I respect and appreciate your diplomacy… | 我尊重也感激 你的外交政策 |
[27:48] | …in not yet asking me to release Juan Aguilar from prison. | 还没有逼我 释放璜阿奇拉 |
[27:52] | I’m not going to ask you, Miguel. | 我不会要你那么做,米古尔 |
[27:55] | I’m willing to do it at this point. | 现在我愿意那么做 |
[28:00] | Say that again? | 你说什么? |
[28:02] | I’m willing to let Aguilar out in exchange for the hostages, if you ask me to. | 只要你开口 我愿意放了阿奇拉来交换人质 |
[28:15] | I appreciate your making that offer, but I don’t think that’s a very good idea. | 谢谢你那么说 但我不觉得那是个好主意 |
[28:19] | I agree with you, but I’m making the offer, and I’m leaving it up to you. | 我同意,但我已经提出来了 现在一切都交给你 |
[28:26] | Okay. Thank you, Mr. President. | 好吧,谢谢你,总统先生 |
[28:29] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[28:39] | – Wait, Toby. – Not a second, Sam. | -等一下,托比 -我没空,山姆 |
[28:41] | You give into terrorist demands and that’s the ballgame. | 你答应恐怖份子的要求 那是不智的 |
[28:44] | But there are real lives at stake. | 但我们得考虑人质的生死 |
[28:46] | It’s easy to stick to principle if nothing’s at stake. | 如果不必考虑任何事 要坚持原则是很容易的 |
[28:48] | Let’s argue about principles after these guys get home. | 那些家伙回家后 我们再来争执原则问题吧 |
[28:51] | Juan Aguilar runs one of the largest drug cartels in the world. | 璜阿奇拉 是全世界最大的毒贩之一 |
[28:55] | He has produced $15 billion worth of cocaine in two years. | 两年内 他生产了价值一百五十亿的可卡因 |
[29:00] | He’s murdered or ordered the murder of eight Supreme Court justices… | 他谋杀或下令谋杀 八名最高法院法官 |
[29:04] | …a pro-extradition prime minister and three federal police officers in Bogotá. | 一名流亡的首相 跟三名波哥大的联邦警官 |
[29:08] | And from his prison cell, I guarantee you… | 我跟你保证,他从监狱里 |
[29:11] | …he orchestrated the kidnapping of five U S. DEA agents… | 指挥绑架 五名美国缉毒组的探员 |
[29:15] | – … and the killing of their rescuers. – I believe he did as well… | -杀了去救他们的人 -我相信他涉及此事 |
[29:18] | …which is evidence that it couldn’t matter less whether he’s in prison or not. | 这非常明显 不论他在不在监狱里 |
[29:22] | I’ll share a cell with him before I let him out. | 我放他出来前 会跟他同处一间牢房 |
[29:25] | – I want military options. – Yes, sir. | -我要采取军事行动 -是的 |
[29:28] | – Thank you, sir. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -谢谢你,长官 -谢谢你,总统先生 |
[29:34] | – Yeah. – Joey says probably just another hour. | -是的 -乔伊说大概还要一小时 |
[29:36] | – She’ll bring the numbers here? – Yeah. | -她会把数字带过来? -对 |
[29:40] | – Josh, how is this not a no-brainer? – Colombia? | -乔西,这不是件小事吗? -哥伦比亚? |
[29:44] | – You say get them home? – Of course. Who doesn’t? | -你要把他们救回来? -当然,谁不想? |
[29:48] | That should be the person who has to call the families. | 不想把他们救回来的人 应该打电话给他们的家人 |
[29:50] | And who calls the families of the commandos who died… | 谁要打电话给死者家属 告诉他们 |
[29:53] | …trying to save five guys we could’ve freed hours ago? | 他们的亲人去了救 我们可以在几小时前救出的五个人 |
[29:56] | – That’s not a good enough reason. – The reason is… | -那不是个好理由 -理由是 |
[29:59] | …you give in, and it gives them incentive to keep terrorizing. | 你屈服了 他们就有动机继续从事恐怖行动 |
[30:02] | Not negotiating hasn’t given them disincentive. | 不谈判也给了他们动机 |
[30:04] | – How do you know? – Please. | -你怎么知道? -拜托 |
[30:06] | You don’t think they’re gonna kidnap more people… | -你怎么知道? -拜托 你不认为 他们会绑架更多人 |
[30:08] | – … and demand free cable? – So give them free cable. | -然后要求更多? -答应他们的要求吧 |
[30:11] | How about the keys to the Situation Room? | 战情室的钥匙呢? |
[30:15] | – You draw a line. – Where? | -你划了条线 -哪里? |
[30:18] | – She said an hour? – On the early numbers? | -她说一小时? -提出初期的数字? |
[30:21] | – Yeah. | – Yeah. -对 -对 |
[30:24] | Do we know where they are? | 我们知道他们在哪里吗? |
[30:27] | They were moved about 60 miles into the jungle at Villacerreno. | 他们移动约六十里 移到瓦拉斯雷诺的丛林 |
[30:30] | – What would it take to get them back? – Alive? | -要怎么样才能把他们救回来吗? -让他们都活着? |
[30:33] | Yeah. | 对 |
[30:36] | – Mr. President… – What would it take to wipe them out? | -总统先生 -要怎么样才能摧毁他们? |
[30:39] | – The Frente? – Yeah. | -法兰提? -对 |
[30:43] | What would it take? | 我们该怎么做? |
[30:45] | For the kind of victory Americans are used to… | 至于美国人 习惯的胜利 |
[30:48] | …for the kind of victory Americans demand… | 至于美国人 要求的胜利 |
[30:50] | …you need a 10-to-1 ratio. | 你需要十比一的兵力 |
[30:52] | It was only after that ratio in the Gulf… | 波斯湾战争中达成那样的兵力 |
[30:54] | …that we felt comfortable making a move. | 我们才决定 要出兵 |
[30:56] | Frente has 20,000 well-armed, well-trained soldiers… | 法兰提有两万名设备齐全 训练精良的士兵 |
[30:59] | …each of whom has a financial stake in heroin and cocaine. | 他们都因贩卖海洛英 跟可卡因获利 |
[31:03] | We need to put 200 to 300,000 men into a jungle war… | 我们得派二十万到三十万人 投入丛林战 |
[31:07] | – … and I think we’d lose as many as half. – Half. | -我想我们会失去一半的人 -一半 |
[31:10] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[31:16] | You gotta ask yourself, “What’s the point in being a superpower anymore? “ | 你得自问“成为超级强权 到底有什么好处?” |
[31:28] | – I wanted to bring that book. – The Truman biography. | -我要提起那本书 -楚曼自传 |
[31:31] | – You got a sweater for the plane? – Yes, ma’am. | -你带了飞机上要穿的毛衣? -是的 |
[31:33] | And you should both take sweaters. | 你们两个都该带毛衣 |
[31:35] | – And then there’s the repacking. – Mr. President. | -那么得重新打包行李 -总统先生 |
[31:38] | First, the preliminary, or the dry run. Then there’s the actual packing. | 首先是做预备动作 然后是真的打包 |
[31:43] | You’re just going away for two days, right? | 你只是要离开两天,对吧? |
[31:45] | Guys. | 大伙们 |
[31:52] | Right? | 对吧? |
[31:53] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[31:55] | – It was an ambush. – Oh, God. | -那是突袭行动 -天啊 |
[31:57] | A guy with a shoulder thing shot down a Blackhawk. Everybody’s dead. | 有人拿肩背式武器击落 黑鹰直升机,机上的人都死了 |
[32:03] | Nine guys. | 九人丧命 |
[32:05] | Meanwhile, they’ve moved the hostages 60 miles into the jungle… | 同时他们将人质移到 六十里外的丛林 |
[32:08] | …where we’d need tweezers to get them. | 我们需要用钳子 才能救出他们 |
[32:11] | You want me to stay? | 你要我留下来? |
[32:13] | – No. – I can stay. | -不 -我可以留下来 |
[32:17] | No. | 不 |
[32:20] | I didn’t make the decision to run again. I wouldn’t do that without you. | 我没有决定竞选连任 没有你我不会那么做 |
[32:24] | – We don’t need to talk about that now. – When? | -现在我们不需要谈这件事 -什么时候谈? |
[32:26] | – Jed. – I didn’t make the decision to run again. | -杰德 -我没有决定竞选连任 |
[32:29] | Yes, you did. If we’re gonna talk about this, let’s talk about this. | 不,你决定了,如果我们 非谈不可,我们就来谈吧 |
[32:32] | The moves over the last few weeks, the changes in last night’s speech. | 过去几星期的努力 在昨晚演说中的改变 |
[32:36] | This whole place is in reelection mode. | 整个地方充满竞选连任的气氛 |
[32:38] | That’s what we do, Abbey. We run for things. | 那就是我们要做的事,艾碧 我们得治理国家 |
[32:41] | From the day a congressman is sworn in, he’s gotta raise $ 10,000 a week… | 自从国会议员宣誓就任后 他一星期得募一万块 |
[32:45] | …so he can get reelected. | 那样子他才能当选连任 |
[32:46] | A president gets to govern for 18 months. | 总统竞选活动 长达十八个月 |
[32:49] | We try to get people to vote for us… | 我们试着让人们投我们一票 |
[32:51] | …and we hope the people force us to do good things. | 希望他们令到 我们做好的东西 |
[32:54] | – We had a deal. – Yes, we had a deal. | -我们说好了 -对,我们说好了 |
[32:59] | Yes, Jed. | 对,杰德 |
[33:02] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[33:04] | – Do you get that you have MS? – Abbey. | -你知道你得了多发性硬化症吗? -艾碧 |
[33:07] | Do you get that your own immune system is shredding your brain… | 你知道你的免疫系统 在摧毁你的脑部 |
[33:10] | …and I can’t tell you why? | 而我不能告诉你原因吗? |
[33:14] | Do you have any idea how good a doctor I am… | 你知道 不论我是个多棒的医生 |
[33:17] | – … and that I can’t tell you why? – I’ve had one episode in two years. | -我都不能告诉你原因吗? -在两年内只发作过一次 |
[33:21] | Yes, but relapsing/remitting MS… | 对,但是多发性硬化症复发 |
[33:23] | …can turn into secondary/ progressive MS… | 可以恶化成第二级的 多发性硬化症 |
[33:26] | …oftentimes ten years after the initial diagnosis… | 通常是发生在 初次诊断后十年 |
[33:29] | …which is where we’ll be in two years. | 即是两年之后 |
[33:31] | Do you know what that will look like? | 你知道结果会怎么样吗? |
[33:33] | – I know what it’s gonna…. – Fatigue… | -我知道它会 -你会变得虚弱 |
[33:35] | – … an inability to get through the day… – Look… | -没有办法自理生活 -听着 |
[33:38] | …memory lapses, loss of cognitive function… | 记忆力衰退 失去认知功能 |
[33:41] | …failure to reason, to think clearly. I can’t tell you if it’s gonna happen. | 无法做推理跟清楚思考 我不能告诉你会发生什么事 |
[33:46] | I don’t know if it’s gonna get better or if it’s gonna get worse. | 我不知道你的病会好转 或是恶化 |
[33:49] | But we had a deal. | 但我们说好了 |
[33:51] | And that deal was how you justified keeping it a secret from the world. | 你说你不会让 其他人知道这个秘密 |
[33:57] | It’s how you justified it to God. | 你是那样对天发誓的 |
[34:00] | It’s how you justified it to me. | 你是那样子对我发誓的 |
[34:04] | – Mrs. Bartlet? – Yeah. | -巴特勒太太? -什么事? |
[34:12] | You sure you don’t want me to stay? | 你确定你不要我留下来? |
[34:15] | Yeah. | 对 |
[34:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:22] | Have a good trip. | 祝你一路顺风 |
[34:26] | Call me when you get there. | 到了后打个电话给我 |
[34:30] | I will. | 我会的 |
[34:32] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[34:35] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[34:53] | – Son of a bitch. – I’m sorry. | -大混蛋 -对不起 |
[34:55] | A person can’t wait five days to buy a gun? | 一个人不能等五天 才去买枪? |
[34:59] | If someone needs a gun right now… | 如果现在有人需要枪 |
[35:01] | …isn’t that something to be concerned about? | 那不是一件 令人担心的事吗? |
[35:03] | Taking the feelings of gun owners into account… | 想一想 持有枪只的人 |
[35:06] | …if you’ve gotta shoot somebody, it probably isn’t something that can wait. | 得枪杀别人的感觉 或许那真的是等不得的事 |
[35:10] | You mind if I take off? | 你介意我离开吗? |
[35:13] | – What time is it? – 2 a.m. | -几点了? -凌晨两点 |
[35:15] | All right, we’ll call that a full day, but come in early tomorrow. | 好吧,今天到此为止 但明天一大早就过来 |
[35:20] | – You’re all right getting home? – Yeah. | -你自己回家没有问题吧? -没有问题 |
[35:22] | – Good night, guys. – Good night. | -大家晚安 -晚安 |
[35:28] | – They’re just preliminary numbers. – They’re not gonna change. | -那只是初步数字 -它们不会有改变的 |
[35:32] | No. | 对 |
[35:33] | A five-day waiting period. | 五天的等待期 |
[35:37] | – It tested well nationwide. – Yeah. | -在全国的测试结果都不错 -对 |
[35:40] | Fifty-eight percent. | 百分之五十八 |
[35:41] | I didn’t need nationwide. I needed those districts. | 我不需要全国的结果 我要这些选区的支持 |
[35:44] | We’ll have to dial down the gun rhetoric in the Midwest. | 我们得调低 中西部喜欢枪枝的人 |
[35:47] | Why not dial it up? | 为什么不调高呢? |
[35:49] | Because these numbers just told us… | 因为这些数字刚刚告诉我们 |
[35:51] | You don’t know what these numbers just told you. | 你不知道 这些数字告诉你什么 |
[35:54] | I don’t know what these numbers just told you. | 我是专家,我都不知道 这些数字能告诉你什么 |
[35:56] | We know. | 我们知道 |
[35:58] | – Really? – Numbers don’t lie. | -真的吗? -数字不会说谎 |
[36:02] | They lie all the time. | 它们常常会说谎 |
[36:03] | They lie when 72% of Americans say they’re tired of a sex scandal… | 它们在说谎,当七成二的美国人说 他们厌倦了性丑闻 |
[36:09] | …while all the while, newspaper circulation goes through the roof… | 但报纸的销售量居高不下 |
[36:14] | …for anyone featuring the story. | 就因为名人上了报 |
[36:17] | If you polled a hundred Donnas… | 如果你访问一百位唐娜 |
[36:19] | …and asked them if they think we should go out… | 问她们我们应不应该交往 |
[36:21] | …you’d get a high positive response. | 回答应该的比例一定很高 |
[36:24] | But the poll wouldn’t tell you… | 但民调不会告诉你 |
[36:28] | …it’s because she likes you and she knows it’s beginning to show… | 那是因为她喜欢你 她知道那开始表现出来了 |
[36:32] | …and she needs to cover herself with misdirection. | 她得误导你来掩饰自己 |
[36:36] | Believe me when I tell you that’s not true. | 相信我那不是真的 |
[36:39] | You say that these numbers mean dial it down. | 你说这些数字 表示应调低 |
[36:42] | I say they mean dial it up. You haven’t gotten through. | 我说它们表示应调高 你还没有想清楚 |
[36:45] | There are people you haven’t persuaded yet. | 这些是 还没有被你们说服的人 |
[36:47] | These numbers mean dial it up. | 这些数字表示应调高 |
[36:49] | Otherwise, you’re like the French radical… | 不然你们就像 法国激进份子 |
[36:52] | …watching a crowd run by and saying: | 看着一批群众跑过来说: |
[36:55] | “There go my people. | “我的人民来了 |
[36:57] | I must find out where they’re going so I can lead them. “ | 我得看看他们要去哪里 好让我能够去带领他们” |
[37:03] | Yeah. | 对 |
[37:07] | We’ll go through the rest of the numbers in the morning. | 明天早上 我们再来讨论其他数字 |
[37:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:26] | – Good evening, sir. – Hey, Charlie. | -晚安 -查理 |
[37:29] | You shouldn’t be out here without a coat. | 你不该不穿外套 就跑出来 |
[37:31] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[37:38] | – Mr. President? – Yeah. | -总统先生? -什么事? |
[37:40] | – Is there anything I can do for you? – No. Thanks. | -有什么事需要我效劳的吗? -没有,谢谢你 |
[37:50] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[37:52] | I checked outside. I thought you’d be having a cigarette. | 我到外面去看过了 我想你可能在抽烟 |
[37:56] | Let me tell you something, Leo. After heroin and cocaine, tobacco is next. | 我得告诉你一件事,里奥 海洛英跟可卡因的下一个就是烟草 |
[38:01] | Great, another criminal empire we can give birth to. | 太棒了 我们可以培育出另一个犯罪帝国 |
[38:04] | There’ll be speakeasies all over Chicago… | 芝加哥有些地下酒吧 |
[38:07] | …where you can get smuggled cartons of Marlboro Lights. | 在那里可以买到 走私的万宝龙香烟 |
[38:17] | I fought a jungle war. I’m not doing it again. | 我打过丛林战 我不会再那么做 |
[38:24] | If I could put myself anywhere in time… | 如果我可以的话 |
[38:27] | …it would be the Cabinet Room on August 4th, 1964… | 我想回到1964年 8月4日的内阁室 |
[38:33] | …when our ships were attacked by North Vietnam in the Tonkin Gulf. | 那时我们的船在冬金湾 遭到北越军攻击 |
[38:39] | I’d say: | 我会说: |
[38:42] | ” Mr. President, don’t do it. | “总统先生,别那么做 |
[38:46] | You’re considering authorizing a massive commitment of troops… | 你要派出大军 |
[38:50] | …and throwing in our lot with torturers and panderers… | 让我们的努力深陷泥淖 |
[38:54] | …leaders without principle and soldiers without conviction… | 领袖不遵守原则 士兵毫无廉耻 |
[38:58] | …with no clear mission and no end in sight. “ | 我们不知道任务是什么 未来遥遥无期” |
[39:09] | This war’s at home. | 这场战争就在我们家里 |
[39:11] | Its casualties are in our prisons and not our hospitals. | 死伤的人在我们的牢里 而不是在医院 |
[39:15] | The amount of money the American government is spending in Colombia… | 美国政府 花在哥伦比亚的钱 |
[39:18] | …is the exact same amount American consumers are spending… | 跟美国消费者用来 |
[39:21] | …buying drugs from Colombia. We’re funding both sides of this war. | 向哥伦比亚买毒品的钱一样多 我们资助这场战争的双方人士 |
[39:25] | And we’ll never win it that way. | 那样子我们永远赢不了 |
[39:28] | – Leo, I can’t possibly reverse… – No one… | -里奥,我没办法改变 -没有人可以 |
[39:31] | I can’t possibly reverse our position on negotiating with… | 我不能改变 我们要和谈的立场 |
[39:34] | No one’s gonna know. | 没有人知道 |
[39:36] | You don’t make another phone call. That happens someplace else. | 你不必再打电话 之前也发生过那种事 |
[39:41] | Santos is gonna be the one to let him out. | 圣多斯会放了他 |
[39:43] | There were just 14 people in the room who heard Santos make me the offer. | 当时房里只有十四个人 听到圣多斯跟我提条件 |
[39:48] | Those 14 people keep bigger secrets than this. | 那十四个人 隐瞒过更大的秘密 |
[40:05] | You know what Truman Capote said was the bad part about living outside the law? | 你知道楚曼卡波提说过 犯法的坏处吗? |
[40:10] | What? | 什么? |
[40:11] | You no longer have the protection of it. | 你无法再接受法律的保护 |
[40:15] | What’s to stop me? | 什么能阻止我呢? |
[40:18] | Two hundred CIA operatives. Black Ops. | 两百名中情局探员 地下行动 |
[40:22] | Two hundred guys with no wives, no kids, no parents. | 这两百人没有太太 小孩跟父母 |
[40:28] | I send 200 operatives down there. | 我派两百个人到那里 |
[40:31] | Monday morning I read in the paper Juan Aguilar is dead. | 星期一早上我看报纸 会发现璜阿奇拉死了 |
[40:35] | What’s to stop me? | 什么能阻止我呢? |
[40:41] | We lost this one, Mr. President. | 我们输了这场战争,总统先生 |
[40:45] | It was bad intelligence, and we lost this one. | 情报出了错误 我们输了这场战争 |
[40:56] | It was the queen’s rook. That’s why I couldn’t trade the bishop. | 那是女王的城堡 所以我不能拿主教来换 |
[40:59] | It was over six moves ago. | 那是六步之前的事 |
[41:05] | – Arrange for their immediate release. – Yes, sir, Mr. President. | -立刻安排释放他们 -是的,总统先生 |
[41:09] | If they so much as experience turbulence on their way out… | 如果他们出去时 遇上了麻烦 |
[41:12] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[41:15] | I want to go to Dover later tonight. | 今晚稍后我要去多佛 |
[41:17] | – Yes, sir. – Thank you. | -是的,长官 -谢谢你 |
[41:19] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢总统先生 |
[41:28] | Folks, take your seats, please. The briefing will start now. | 大家请坐 简报马上开始 |
[41:33] | Folks, can you take your seats? | 大家快坐下 |
[41:35] | Good evening. Thank you for coming back so late. | 晚安 谢谢大家这么晚还赶过来 |
[41:38] | I want to fill you in on some events that have taken place in the last 24 hours. | 我要告诉大家二十四小时以来 最新的发展 |
[41:43] | There’ll be representatives from the Pentagon… | 五角大厦 将会派代表 |
[41:46] | .. State and Justice Departments who’ll continue with your questions. | 还有国务院跟司法部的代表 会回答大家的问题 |
[41:50] | Yesterday at approximately 8 p.m. Eastern time… | 昨天晚上 大约是东岸八点时 |
[41:53] | …five agents from the DEA were taken hostage… | 五名缉毒组探员 被挟持为人质 |
[41:55] | …in the Putumayo region of Colombia by members of the Frente… | 他们在哥伦比亚普杜马优地区 被法兰提组织成员绑架 |
[41:59] | – Hold your questions. – Hostages are out. | -待会再发问 -人质已经救出来 |
[42:01] | – There was a demand… – I’ll call their families. | -当时有要求 -我会打电话给他们的家人 |
[42:03] | …for the release of a Colombian prisoner. | 释放一名 哥伦比亚囚犯 |
[42:06] | President Miguel Santos, acting on his own authority…. | 米古尔圣多斯总统 根据他自己的权限 |