时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | – Previously on The West Wing: – We need help. | -我们需要援手 |
[00:08] | – I’m bringing in Bruno Gianelli. – It’s too early. | -我要布鲁诺贾纳利加入 -还太早了 |
[00:11] | – No. – Sam and Josh aren’t gonna like it. | -不会 -山姆跟乔西会很不爽 |
[00:14] | – They’ll have to live with it. – The only races I’ve ever lost… | -他们必须接受事实 -我唯一输过的选战 |
[00:18] | …are ones where the candidate didn’t listen or advice didn’t get through. | 不是候选人不听我的劝 就是我的话没传到他耳里 |
[00:22] | – That won’t happen this time. – It seems your job is to wait… | -这种事不会发生 -仿佛你的工作就是 |
[00:25] | …until Doug leaves the room and then say,”What Doug really meant was… .” | 一等道格离开房间,你就说 “道格真正的意思是” |
[00:29] | How much they pay you for that? | 他付你多少钱做这份工作? |
[00:31] | Sometimes it’s my job to say it when he’s in the room. | 有时候就算他在房间 我也会这么说 |
[00:35] | – Mrs. Bartlet, I wanna talk to you… – Dr. Bartlet. | -巴特勒太太,我想跟您谈– -巴特勒博士 |
[00:39] | When did I stop being Dr. Bartlet? When in the campaign… | 我一都是巴特勒博士不是吗? 选战开打之后 |
[00:42] | …did I decide that women were gonna like me more if I called myself”Mrs.”? | 我何时开始为了讨好女性 而决定称呼自己为“太太”? 剧名:蓄意消失 |
[00:51] | One day, I’ll get called to the Situation Room and it’ll be good news. | 总有一天我会在局势研究室 接到好消息 |
[00:56] | We’ll have discovered buried treasure. | 说我们发现了埋藏的宝藏 |
[00:58] | Or it turns out there’s life on Andromeda… | 或有人在星云上发现生命体 |
[01:01] | …and they think we’re doing a good job. When’s that day coming? | 或大家认为我们干得很好 那一天何时会到来呢? |
[01:04] | – When’s that gonna happen? – Settle down. | -到底什么时候呢? -冷静点 |
[01:07] | – What do you need? – The Pac Fleet commander… | -你需要什么? -太平洋舰队总司令 |
[01:09] | …informed us he lost contact with the USS Portland, a Seawolf class sub. | 通知我们他与失去联络 海军《波特兰号》是一艘海狼级潜艇 |
[01:13] | – What were their orders? – They were on a close-in. | -他们接到的命令是? -包围 |
[01:16] | They were supposed to report in yesterday at 1400. | 他们应该要在昨天下午两点 回报行踪 |
[01:19] | They were gonna surface to periscope depth… | 他们会浮到潜望镜的深度 |
[01:21] | …and download deterrence intelligence data. | 并下载情报资料 |
[01:23] | They’ve gone quiet, they’re a submarine. | 他们消失一段时间了 他们是潜水艇 |
[01:25] | – Sure. Maybe. – But? | -当然,也许吧 -但是? |
[01:27] | They usually call in and say they’re going quiet. | 他们通常会连络 告诉我们他们要消失了 |
[01:30] | – Other possibilities? – They’ve lost power… | -还有别的可能吗? -他们失去电力 |
[01:32] | …and are drifting in hostile waters. – What hostile waters? | -并且漂浮到敌区水域 -敌区水域? |
[01:36] | They’re in the Yellow Sea, their last location was 60 miles west of Seoul. | 他们位在黄海水域 最后位置在汉城西方60里 |
[01:40] | We haven’t heard from them and they’re in North Korea? | 我们跟他们失去联络 而他们现在在北韩? |
[01:43] | What do we have ready if we need to order a massive rescue mission? | 如果我们必须执行大型救援 要先准备好什么? |
[01:48] | We put two DSRVs on alert from Ballast Point, San Diego. | 我们已经在圣地牙哥 布置两组深海救生潜艇 |
[01:51] | Two C-141 Starlifters are on alert at North Island, ready to get a rescue crew. | 两架C―141运输机已就定位 可随时装载救援小组 |
[01:56] | They’ll meet up with Seawolfs stationed off Japan… | 他们会在日本外岛与海狼会合 |
[01:59] | …each carrying 50 Tomahawks. They practice for this all the time… | 每架都载有50枚战斧飞弹 他们一直在做这种演习 |
[02:02] | …but we shouldn’t do it. – Why not? | -但我们不应该前往救援 -为什么? |
[02:05] | – I think they’ve gone quiet. – You said they usually call. | -我认为他们只是蓄意消失 -你说他们通常会连络 |
[02:08] | – They usually do. – I’ve gotta tell the president. | -通常会 -我必须报告总统 |
[02:11] | He’ll hit the panic button. If the Portland went quiet… | 他会按下紧急按钮 如果《波特兰号》消失了 |
[02:14] | …somebody’s sitting on top of them. They know what to do. | 那是因为有船在他们上方 他们知道该怎么做 |
[02:18] | I’ll be back. | 我马上回来 |
[02:28] | – Their propellers aren’t going. – No. | -他们的推进器没有作用 -对 |
[02:30] | – They know I wanna leave now? – Yes. | -他们知道我要离开了? -对 |
[02:32] | – The propellers aren’t going. – Maybe they’re saving fuel. | -推进器没有作用 -也许是为了省油 |
[02:35] | That makes sense. Also, there’s a chance I can get hit getting on or off. | 有道理 也许我上下船时会被打到 |
[02:40] | – Excuse me? – Sir? | -什么? -长官? |
[02:42] | You think I’m not tall enough to get hit by the propellers on Marine One? | 你觉得我不够高到 会被海军一号的推进器打到? |
[02:46] | Dikembe Mutombo isn’t tall enough to get hit by the propellers. | 中锋穆汤伯也不够高到 被《海军一号》的推进器打到 |
[02:50] | I duck when I get on that helicopter. You should too. It’s good safety sense. | 每次我上直升机都会低头 你也应该这么做,安全起见 |
[02:54] | – Yes, sir. – They know I wanna leave? | -是的,长官 -他们知道我想走了? |
[02:56] | – Yes, sir. – Filing day, Charlie. | -是的,长官 -申请日,查理 |
[02:58] | Last to get on the ballot in New Hampshire. I’m going myself. | 登记名字在选票上的最后一天 我要自己过去 |
[03:03] | – I could send an aide. – You’re going yourself? | -我可以送一位助理过去 -你要自己去? |
[03:05] | – Always have, always will. – There’s nothing left to run for. | -我总是自己去,以后也是 -但是那里没什么好做的 |
[03:09] | Fair enough. Always have, never will. But I’m going myself. You know why? | 那就最后一次吧,但我要自己去 你知道为什么吗? |
[03:14] | – It’s a statement about democracy? – A profound statement about democracy. | -民主宣言? -民主政客的宣言 |
[03:18] | – Are you mocking me? – No, sir. | -你在嘲笑我吗? -没有,长官 |
[03:20] | – That was a crack about my height before? – No… Yeah, it was. | -你们笑过我的身高? -不-是有过 |
[03:23] | – You all set to leave? – I am. I’m going myself. | -你们都准备好要走了? -我好了,我要自己去 |
[03:25] | It’s a profound statement about democracy. | 民主政客的宣言 |
[03:28] | It’s not a problem. I’m up and back in two hours. | 没问题 我去去两小时就回来 |
[03:31] | It’s great and I know how much you love doing it. | 而且我知道你最喜欢自己去了 |
[03:34] | – It’s one of my all-time favorite… – You can’t go. | -这是我最爱作的事了 -你不能去 |
[03:38] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[03:40] | This is something that sounds worse than it is… | 这件事听起来比实际上糟 |
[03:43] | …because of your inexperience with the military. | 因为你缺乏作战经验 |
[03:46] | – What is it? – Okay. | -怎么了? -好吧 |
[03:49] | The USS Portland is a Seawolf-class… | 海军《波特兰号》是海狼级 |
[03:52] | …or big nuclear submarine. – Yeah. | -也是大型核子潜水艇 -对 |
[03:55] | It has a crew of 137. | 载有船员137人 |
[03:58] | It is loaded down with highly classified intelligence gathering equipment. | 并载有高度机密情报收集设备 |
[04:02] | – It’s in the waters off North Korea. – Right. | -目前正在北韩外围水域 -对 |
[04:07] | – We don’t have it right now. – What does”we don’t have it” mean? | -我们现在失去它了 -“失去它”是什么意思? |
[04:10] | Well, as you know, with our ships, our boats and our submarines… | 你知道的 我们会跟船舰,潜水艇 |
[04:14] | …we keep in pretty close touch with radar, sonar… | 以雷达,声纳,卫星,无线电 |
[04:18] | …satellites, radio, encrypted messages. And we don’t have the Portland now. | 跟密码讯息保持密切联络 但我们目前跟《波特兰号》失联 |
[04:24] | – We don’t have it? – We do not. | -我们失去它了? -对 |
[04:26] | – And they’re in North Korea? – Yes. Last we heard. | -他们现在在北韩? -对,最后听到的消息 |
[04:29] | So we’re gonna set up meetings in the next few hours. | 所以我们接下来几个小时 就要准备开会了 |
[04:32] | Plus, if anything happens, I don’t like people knowing… | 另外,如果发生什么事 我不希望大家知道 |
[04:35] | …you were running for election while the boat was out there. | 当潜水艇有状况时 你还跑去打选战 |
[04:38] | I think I’ll go ahead and cancel that trip… | 我想我会留下来 把旅程取消 |
[04:41] | …if only to stay and see how this sounds worse than it really is. | 我只是想留下来 看看事情是否没听起来那么糟 |
[04:44] | – I’ll stick around too. – I think you will. | -我也会留下来 -我想也是 主演:罗伯洛 主演:施塔科钱宁 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[06:07] | – Hey, I’m here. – I’m glad. | -我还在这儿 -真令人欣慰 |
[06:09] | – What’s this song about? – This is”I’m Too Sexy.” | -这首歌叫什么? -“性感过头” |
[06:12] | – For his shirt he’s too sexy. – Other things too. | -他的确穿太少了 -还有其他的事 |
[06:15] | – He lists them. – Well, I think he’s feeling good. | -他还写出来 -我想他心情很棒 |
[06:18] | – I think he’s feeling sexy. – Too sexy. | -也许他只是觉得太性感 -性感过头 |
[06:22] | I think it’s the kind of thing where someone says,”This is just too good.” | 我想对某些人来说,这种感觉 叫做“这实在太棒了” |
[06:26] | – Hyperbole? – Yeah. | -夸张法? -对 |
[06:28] | So it’s not a problem? It’s not a song about somebody having a problem? | 所以这代表他心智正常? 这首歌不是在说疯子的事? |
[06:32] | No. He’s feeling good, that’s why he’s singing. | 当然,他只是感觉很棒 所以他才唱歌 |
[06:36] | – You see the wires? – Not yet, is there anything? | -你看到电报了吗? -还没,怎么了? |
[06:38] | The majority leader was doing news in Cleveland. They asked him… | 多数党主席在克利夫兰发言 他们问他 |
[06:42] | …why he wants to be president. – What did he say? | 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 -他为什么想当总统 -他怎么说? |
[06:45] | – I really don’t know. – Wait a second. | -我不太知道 -等等 |
[06:48] | – He got the question and he…? – It was a train wreck. | 制片:亚力克葛拉夫斯 -他被问问题而他? -他搞砸了 |
[06:51] | – I recognized all the words… – Get me the transcript. | -我记得他说的话 -把听打稿给我 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[06:59] | Ten-hut. | 起立 |
[07:01] | Where’s the submarine, Nancy? I don’t wanna hear”I don’t know.” | 潜水艇在哪,南西? 我不想听到“我不知道” |
[07:04] | I wanna hear how many people are out there looking for it. | 我要知道有多少人 在进行搜寻行动 |
[07:07] | – And I thought you were gonna panic. – I happen to agree with the president… | -我还以为你要抓狂了 -我同意总统 |
[07:12] | …who on military matters is smarter… – Shut up. | -他在军事行动上的决策 -闭嘴 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[07:16] | – How long can the crew survive? – We don’t know what’s going on. | 编剧:艾伦索金 -船员可以存活多久? -我们不知道情形如何 |
[07:20] | – Want the worst-case scenario? – Yes. | -想听最糟的情形吗? -请 |
[07:21] | If they’re flooding, it could be hours. | 若在海上飘浮,只有几小时 |
[07:26] | How close are these guys to landfall? | 他们离最近陆地的有多远? |
[07:28] | About 4000 yards off the southern coast of Kaesong in Haeju Bay. | 离海洲湾开城南岸约四千码 |
[07:31] | Four thousand yards! They get that close? | 导演:强赫曼 四千码!这么近? |
[07:34] | Yes, they set a wiretap on a cable in North Korea’s coastal operations zone. | 他们在北韩的海岸线作战区 设置了通信电�l |
[07:38] | – Four thousand yards? – Yeah. | -四千码? -对 |
[07:41] | Can they send a distress signal? | 他们可以发出求救讯号吗? |
[07:43] | They can, but they won’t if they think they’ll be detected. | 可以,但如果会被侦测到 他们就不会发出讯号 |
[07:47] | They would wait to send a signal and risk their lives? | 他们宁愿冒生命危险 也不愿发出求救讯号? |
[07:49] | Mr. President, submariners understand that if they sink… | 总统先生 潜艇船员知道如果沉船 |
[07:52] | …it won’t be a rescue, it’ll be a recovery. | 不会有救援行动 而是打捞行动 |
[07:54] | They measure risk and rewards not just in terms of their lives… | 他们估算风险 考量的不只是自己的生命 |
[07:58] | …but in terms of national interest. – Well, that’s great. | -而是国家利益 -真叫人感动 |
[08:01] | I assess the national interest by the number of people alive. | 我是以人命的数目 来考量国家利益 |
[08:05] | You have four hours before I order the Pacific Fleet into Haeju Bay. | 我给你们四小时 然后就派太平洋舰队去海洲湾 |
[08:08] | – Thank you, sir. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -谢谢,长官 -谢谢,总统先生 |
[08:13] | We need to weigh in with somebody at State. | 我们必须在国务院放个桩脚 |
[08:15] | – I agree. Is Peter still recovering? – Yes. | -我同意,彼得身体还没好吗? -对 |
[08:18] | All right, we’ll talk to someone else, someone we trust. Anybody but… | 好吧,我们找其他人谈 找我们信任的人,除了 |
[08:22] | – Albie Duncan. – Anybody but him. | -艾比邓肯 -除了他谁都行 |
[08:24] | No, I’m saying it’s gotta be Albie Duncan. | 不,我的意思是 一定要艾比邓肯 |
[08:26] | – He knows what to say. – So does Peter. | -他知道该怎么说 -彼得也是 |
[08:28] | – Peter’s recovering from heart surgery. – Was it serious heart surgery? | -彼得刚开完心脏手术 -重大的心脏手术? |
[08:32] | We gotta meet with Albie. | 我们得见艾比 |
[08:34] | He’s gonna scold me. | 他一定会骂我 |
[08:37] | He’s been at the State Department since Truman. He thinks I’m a kid… | 他从杜鲁门时代就在国务院了 他一直觉得我是个小鬼 |
[08:40] | …and that he outranks me. – You’ll be fine. | -而且他觉得自己比我重要 -你没问题的 |
[08:43] | I gotta tell him I lost a submarine. Can I make something up like, say: | 我必须告诉他我失去一艘潜艇 我可以另外问说 |
[08:46] | -“What if my friend hypothetically…?” – We’ll meet with him when he’s here. | -“假设说我有个朋友他?” -他一来我们就开会 |
[08:50] | Bring a copy of the Constitution. I wanna show him I’m not scared. | 带一份宪法副本来 我要他知道我不怕他 |
[08:54] | – Morning. – Can you devise a campaign strategy… | -早安 -你可以帮我想出 |
[08:57] | …that involves beating up Leo? – Why not? | -批斗里奥的竞选策略吗? -那有何问题? |
[09:03] | Okay, let’s get started. Where’s Toby? | 那我们开始吧 托比人呢? |
[09:06] | – He’s in the… – I don’t care. | -他正在 -我不在乎 |
[09:08] | These are direct-mail leaflets. | 这是直接邮递的传单 |
[09:11] | “Bartlet: Hopelessly Liberal.” | “巴特勒:无可救药的自由派” |
[09:14] | “Bartlet: Super-Liberal.” | “巴特勒:超级自由派” |
[09:17] | “Bartlet: Liberal, Liberal, Liberal.” | “巴特勒:自由派自由派” |
[09:21] | – These aren’t coming from our side? – No. | -这不是从内部流出的吧? -不是 |
[09:24] | – Wanna run an ad? – The most dangerous time… | -用广告反击吗? -以一个现任总统竞选连任 |
[09:26] | …in an incumbent’s campaign is before there is opposition. | 最危险的时刻 就是在反对声浪出现前 |
[09:29] | – The hearings are around the corner. – There’s a stealth war going on. | -听证会快开始了 -秘密作战已经开始了 |
[09:33] | – Leaflets, flyers, phone trees. – How much is it gonna cost? | -传单,印刷品,电话拜访 -大约要花多少钱? |
[09:37] | One million five for this one. But in the next three months… | 这波宣传要花150万 但接下来的三个月 |
[09:40] | …I’ll need eight million for new ads and air time. | 新广告跟播放时间会花上 大约800万 |
[09:44] | Work up an ad for 60 bucks and a waffle and we’ll talk. | 先想出一个60块钱的广告 再给我一块松饼,我们再谈 |
[09:47] | – Sam. – We need the money in lowa in 9 weeks. | -山姆 -再过9周我们就会需要那笔钱 |
[09:49] | If you don’t spend now, we’ll have problems. | 如果你现在不花 我们很快就会有问题 |
[09:52] | – We don’t know if there’s a challenger. – If there is, scare him. | -我们还不知道会不会有人挑战 -如果有,把他吓走 |
[09:55] | The best way to do that isn’t to keep the war chest intact? | 最好的唬人方法 不就是别动竞选基金吗? |
[09:58] | – You’re talking about hard money. – Yeah. | -你现在说的是硬钱 -对啊 |
[10:01] | I’m talking about hard money. What are you talking about? | 我说的是硬钱 那你在说什么? |
[10:05] | – Excuse me. – Listen, Toby… | -抱歉 -听着,托比 |
[10:08] | – What does $ 105 million mean to you? – What? | -一亿五百万元对你有何意义? -什么? |
[10:10] | I just got tipped that the new budget will include $ 105 million… | 我刚刚得知我们的新预算 包括了一亿五百万元 |
[10:14] | …for the National Park Service. I can’t remember what that number means. | 国家公园服务 我忘记那数字代表什么 |
[10:18] | – I don’t know. – Anybody? | -我不知道 -有人知道吗? |
[10:19] | – No. – Give me a few minutes, I’ll be back. | -没 -给我几分钟,马上回来 |
[10:25] | Does $ 105 million mean anything to you? | 一亿五百万元对你有何意义? |
[10:27] | – I’m a simple girl, Toby. – Yes. Yes, you are. | -我是个单纯的女孩,托比 -是你的确是 |
[10:31] | – Bonnie, 105 million? – My answer hasn’t changed. | -邦妮,一亿五百万元? -我的回答不变 |
[10:35] | – Toby. – C.J. | -托比 -茜洁 |
[10:44] | – What in…? – He got the question. | -什么? -他被问问题 |
[10:46] | The Majority leader, last night, local news, Cleveland, Ohio. | 多数党主席,昨晚在地方新闻 克里夫兰,俄亥俄州 |
[10:50] | Cleveland, Ohio. He got the question. | 克里夫兰,俄亥俄州,他被问问题 |
[10:52] | – Which? – Why do you wanna be president? | -什么问题? -你为什么想当总统? |
[10:55] | – What’d he say? -“The reason I’d run, were I to run… | -他怎么说? -“我竞选的原因是 |
[10:57] | …is I have a great belief in this country and in this people… | “我对这个国家有信心 相信我们的国民 |
[11:01] | …that go into making this country a nation with the greatest resources… | 能让这个国家成为 充满自然资源 |
[11:05] | …and population of people, educated people.” | 与知识份子的伟大国家” |
[11:09] | I’ll spread it around. | 我会把这些话传出去 |
[11:16] | C.J.? | 茜洁? |
[11:18] | The new budget will have 105 million for the National Park Service. | 新预算包括一亿五百万元的 国家公园服务 |
[11:21] | – Does 105 million mean anything to you? – No. | -一亿五百万元对你有何意义? -没 |
[11:24] | But it’s the same amount as the budget for the National Endowment for the Arts. | 不过那个数字 跟国家艺术基金会的预算一样 |
[11:30] | – Get me… – I’ll get her on the phone. | -帮我 -我帮你联络她 |
[11:46] | – Why, Dr. Bartlet. – Don’t start with me, Oliver. | -为什么,巴特勒博士 -别惹我,奥立佛 |
[11:49] | – Start what? – If you give me grief about my ankle… | -怎么说? -如果你要同情我的脚踝 |
[11:52] | …do it quickly, so we can move on with this rectal probe. | 那就快一点 我们才能切入正题 |
[11:55] | – Know why I call you doctor? – I have a medical license? | -你知道我为何叫你博士吗? -我有医师证书? |
[11:58] | You have a medical license. And when I look at you… | 因为你有医师证书 而且当我看到你 |
[12:01] | …I think about health. | 我就想到健康 |
[12:03] | Goodness, what happened to your ankle, Dr. Bartlet? | 我的老天爷 你的脚踝怎么了,巴特勒博士? |
[12:06] | – I broke it. Otherwise, I’d ram it up… – How did you break it? | -我扭到了,不然我就可以踹 -你怎么扭到的? |
[12:10] | It was in the newspapers, I’m sure you read about it. | 报纸上有写 我相信你有看到 |
[12:13] | – I read Le Monde. Was it in Le Monde? – I don’t know, I don’t read Le Monde. | -我只看《世界报》,它有报导吗? -我不知道,我不看《世界报》 |
[12:18] | – Pity. – I was hiking, Oliver. I was hiking. | -真可惜 -当时我正在健行,奥力佛 |
[12:22] | – Are you that much an enemy of nature? – Nature is to be protected from. | -你这么讨厌大自然吗? -我们应该保护大自然 |
[12:26] | Nature, like a woman, will seduce you with its sights… | 自然就像女人 会用景色引诱你 |
[12:30] | …and its scents and its touch… | 还有自然的气息与触感 |
[12:33] | …and then it breaks your ankle, also like a woman. | 然后扭断你的脚踝 就像个女人 |
[12:36] | What the hell kind of dates are you going on, Oliver? | 你的约会对象到底有多恐怖 奥力佛? |
[12:38] | – I hear you. – Yeah. | -我听到了 -是啊 |
[12:40] | Here’s what you should do, and I’m speaking to you as White House Counsel. | 我以一个白宫顾问的身分 请照我说的话去作 |
[12:45] | Make a national address encouraging women not to go hiking… | 对全国民众发言 鼓励女性不要健行 |
[12:48] | …or at least not ask me to go with them. | 或至少别叫我跟她们去健行 |
[12:51] | – Can we work? – Jonathan Hawkings, Nina Alva… | -我们可以开始了吗? -强纳森霍金,妮娜艾瓦 |
[12:54] | …Maurice Blustein, Jessica Nording. They mean anything? | 莫莉丝布鲁坦,洁西卡诺丁 对你有何意义? |
[12:57] | – Where did you get them? – Democrats on Oversight. | -你怎么拿到这些名字的? -监督政府专案的民主党员 |
[12:59] | – They’re on the witness list? – Yes. | -他们也在证人名单上? -对 |
[13:01] | Those are some of the patients involved in malpractice suits against me. | 这些是曾经告我医疗失当 的相关病人的名字 |
[13:05] | How many have there been altogether? | 总共有多少人? |
[13:07] | Four were immediately dismissed as nuisance suits. | 有四件因公害罪被驳回 |
[13:12] | I went to court on two and won. One was settled. | 我打了两场官司都赢了 一场和解 |
[13:15] | – The life of a doctor. – From this witness list… | -医生的生涯完了 -从这张证人名单上 |
[13:18] | …it is becoming clear what the president’s biggest liability will be. | 可以很清楚看出 总统最大的弱点在哪 |
[13:22] | – What? – You. | -在哪? -你 |
[13:30] | – Tawny. – Throne, by Rain Billings… | -汤妮 -“王座” ,雷恩比林 |
[13:33] | …a photographer from North Dakota whose work consists of Polaroids… | 来自北达科塔周的摄影师 此作品含有他在浴室 |
[13:36] | …of his dysfunctional family in the bathroom. | 拍下残障家人的拍立得照片 |
[13:39] | One Horse-Two Horse, by Marc Moloney. | “一匹马两匹马” 马克马隆尼的作品 |
[13:42] | He calls himself an installation artist. It’s two big-screen TVs… | 他称自己为装置艺术家 作品为两台大荧幕电视并排 |
[13:46] | …side by side, one with footage of stallions running in reverse… | 一台播放马匹倒着跑的影片 |
[13:50] | …the other one showing The Godfather. “Slut” is a one-word poem… | 另一台播放《教父》 “荡妇”是一首一言诗 |
[13:54] | …by Jules Waltz. It’s stamped in scarlet… | 朱莉丝华资所作 这首诗由红字盖印在 |
[13:56] | …on a piece of 40-by-40 black canvas. | 一片40乘40的黑色帆布上 |
[14:00] | Here’s a woman who gets naked, covers herself in chocolate… | 还有个裸体女人 全身覆盖巧克力 |
[14:04] | …and sings. Does that appeal to you? – I am not wild about musicals. | -唱着歌,你觉得有魅力吗? -我对音乐没那么狂热 |
[14:09] | They’re all funded by Oakenwood during his chairmanship of the Endowment. | 这些都是在奥肯沃在艺术基金会家 赞助的艺术品 |
[14:13] | You’re dissolving the Endowment to give money to Parks? | 你要将基金会的预算 转拨给公园? |
[14:16] | Hold the Lettuce. Lydia Benedict’s two bacon-cheeseburgers… | “不加生菜” ,利蒂亚班�D狄 由粗麻布 |
[14:20] | …were constructed from burlap and rottweiler dung. | 跟巨型犬粪便构成的 的双层培根起士汉堡 |
[14:23] | It’s not me, it’s the committee I work for. | 不是我想的 是我工作的委员会 |
[14:25] | Look… | 听着 |
[14:27] | – Excuse me. Hey, Tawny. – Sam. | -抱歉,汤妮 -山姆 |
[14:30] | – Have you heard of Andrew Hawkins? – No. | -你听过安德鲁霍金吗? -没 |
[14:33] | You funded his performance where he destroyed… | 当他在黑特阿柏里 在星巴克外 |
[14:35] | …all his belongings outside a Starbucks in Haight-Ashbury. | 表演破坏自己的东西时 你曾经赞助过他 |
[14:39] | I did that a couple times. I didn’t know there was funding available. | 我自己也表演过 我不知道这种事还有赞助 |
[14:42] | – Can I talk to you a second? – Yeah. | -我可以跟你谈一下吗? -好 |
[14:51] | – What’s going on? – Appropriations wants to eliminate NEA. | -怎么了? -拨款委员会想废除国家艺术基金会 |
[14:54] | – What’s going on in there? – He wants to run ads. | -怎么了? -他想买广告 |
[14:57] | – With what? – Soft money. | -用什么? -软钱 |
[15:00] | All right, I’ll be in when I can. | 好吧,我有时间就过去 |
[15:02] | Oh, hey. You know what? The NEA, that’s 105 million. | 你知道吗? 国家艺术基金会值一亿五百万元 |
[15:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:10] | Sam, did you hear? | 山姆,你听到了吗? |
[15:12] | – The majority leader got the question. – And? | -多数党主席被问了 -然后呢? |
[15:16] | – Get me the transcript. – We’ve got an answer, right? | -把听打稿给我 -我们已经准备好回答了吧? |
[15:19] | – To what? – If asked why he wants to be president. | -回答什么? -如果被问到为什么想当总统 |
[15:22] | I’m sure we do. I’ve gotta get back in there. | 我相信我们有 我得回去了 |
[15:28] | Arlene Neiderlander. | 艾琳娜德兰 |
[15:30] | The wife of a patient upon whom I performed a coronary artery bypass graft. | 她是我执行冠状动脉绕道手术 病人的妻子 |
[15:34] | She filed a wrongful-death suit, claiming he died… | 她告我医疗失当致死 宣称他的死亡原因 |
[15:37] | …as a result of complications due to surgery. | 为手术并发症 |
[15:39] | – Did he? – He developed an infection… | -是吗? -他受到感染 |
[15:42] | …like two percent of CABG surgeries, in his case, mediastinitis. | 这种预防冠状动脉搭桥手术中 有2%会得到纵膈腔炎 |
[15:46] | He was 74, diabetic, and the infection spread to his liver. | 他74岁,患有糖尿病 感染扩散到他的肝 |
[15:51] | New York Superior Court Judge Nguyen dismissed the case. | 纽约最高法院法官驳回该案 |
[15:54] | Oliver, draw a line for me from the malpractice suits… | 奥力佛,告诉我 我的医疗失当官司 |
[15:57] | …to the Committee’s investigation of the president. | 是怎么跟委员会调查总统 扯上关系的 |
[16:00] | It’s an investigation of you too, Abbey. | 他们也要调查你,艾碧 |
[16:04] | You had prescriptions filled in your name, which you gave to the president. | 你写给总统的处方笺上 填的是你的名字 |
[16:08] | – But that in itself? – Hang on. | -那又怎样? -等等 |
[16:10] | You’re not a medical expert, you didn’t keep records… | 你不是专业医疗人员 没有纪录 |
[16:13] | …you violated medical practices in three states. | 你还在三个州违反医疗执业 |
[16:16] | And most important, you’re his wife… | 最重要的是,你是他妻子 |
[16:19] | …which is a violation of the AMA’s ethics code. | 这件事已经违反了 美国医学学会的医德规定 |
[16:21] | How is this the purview of House Government Reform and Oversight? | 这也在监督政府专案的权限内吗? |
[16:25] | It’s not. | 并不是 |
[16:27] | They don’t have a criminal case against the president, do they? | 他们没有要起诉总统吧? |
[16:32] | – No. – But they can develop one against me. | -没有 -但他们要起诉我 |
[16:35] | – Yeah. – And in going after me… | -对 -借着逮住我 |
[16:38] | …they can paint the president. | 他们就能抹黑总统 |
[16:40] | – Sure. – Distract him from governing. | -没错 -转移他管理国家的注意力 |
[16:44] | Distract the public’s attention from the campaign. | 也让转移大众对选战的注意力 |
[16:48] | Yeah. | 对 |
[16:56] | It was an infection. | 那只是感染 |
[17:00] | It was a liver infection. | 肝脏感染 |
[17:02] | – Should we keep going? – Yeah. | -我们继续好吗? -好 |
[17:06] | – You know what we’re talking about? – Sure. | -你知道我们在说什么吗? -当然 |
[17:08] | Do you know what we’re talking about? I wanna make sure Connie knows. | 你知道我们在说什么吧? 我想确定康妮知道 |
[17:12] | I know what we’re talking about. Sam? | 我知道我们在说什么 山姆? |
[17:15] | – You know what we’re talking about? – We’re talking about unlimited… | -你知道我们在说什么吧? -我们在谈无限制 |
[17:18] | …unregulated money that can be raised in staggering amounts. | 无管制的钱 可以无上限大量募集 |
[17:22] | It’s not like there’s a law that envisioned soft money. No law bans it. | 又没有法律管制软钱 无法可管 |
[17:28] | It’s a loophole so big you could race the America’s Cup through it. | 这个漏洞大到 你可以把美国足球杯丢进去 |
[17:31] | How can he oppose it one year and take it the next? | 他怎么可以今年反对 明年又反悔? |
[17:34] | Where will he be on campaign-finance reform tomorrow? | 那他在竞选金融改革的立场呢? |
[17:37] | Exactly where he is today. Leading the charge against it. | 跟今天一样 严密监控 |
[17:40] | In the meantime, Congress and the FEC have been sitting on their hands. | 同时,国会跟联邦政府选举委员会 已经吃了秤砣铁了心 |
[17:43] | Is that our fault? No. Now Bartlet should obey a law that doesn’t exist? | 那是我们的错吗?不是 巴特勒得遵守不存在的法律? |
[17:48] | What’s next, imaginary street signs? | 下个该不会是虚拟街道标志吧? |
[17:51] | Excuse me, but there’s such a thing as… . | 抱歉 但有件事 |
[17:55] | – What? – There’s such a thing as… . | -什么? -就是有件事 |
[17:59] | What? | 什么? |
[18:03] | Okay, we’re gonna sit quietly for a moment. | 好吧,先让我们静下来几分钟 |
[18:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:08] | Leadership by example. There’s such a thing as leadership by example. | 领导风范 就拿领导风范当例子好了 |
[18:12] | It comes right before getting your ass kicked in an election. | 在你被对手痛宰之前 啥都不用谈 |
[18:15] | We’re really talking about this, huh? | 我们真要谈这件事是吧? |
[18:18] | – Toby’s gonna be in in a minute. – Every single election. | -托比马上就会过来 -每一场选战 |
[18:22] | Yes. | 对 |
[18:25] | – Legislature, House, governor. – Yeah. | -参议院,众议院,州长选举 -对 |
[18:30] | – President. – It’s a statement about democracy. | -总统 -民主政客的宣言 |
[18:36] | I’ve heard it before, I was just… | 我已经听过了,我只是 |
[18:40] | – Is he here? – Yes, sir. | -他在吗? -是的,长官 |
[18:43] | It’s a profound statement about democracy. | 民主政客的宣言 |
[18:46] | – Mr. President. – Good morning, Albie. | -总统先生 -早安,艾比 |
[18:49] | – Good morning. Hello, Leo. – Good to see you, Albie. | -早安,里奥 -看到你真好,艾比 |
[18:52] | Can I get you anything? Some coffee? A soft drink? | 你需要什么吗? 咖啡还是饮料? |
[18:55] | – No, sir. – Okay. Okay. | -不用,长官 -好吧 |
[18:59] | I’ve asked you here because you are the Assistant Secretary of State… | 我请你来这里 因为你是助理国务卿 |
[19:03] | …and I am the president. – What have you done? | -而我是总统 -你干了什么好事? |
[19:06] | – You see, right away. – Don’t worry about it. | -你看,他马上就这样 -别担心 |
[19:09] | The Pac Fleet commander has informed us we’ve lost contact with the Portland. | 太平洋舰队总司令通知我们 他与《波特兰号》失去联络 |
[19:14] | The Portland’s a Seawolf class? Where is it? | 《波特兰号》是海狼级? 现在在哪? |
[19:18] | – Lake George. – Somewhere in Haeju Bay. | -乔治湖 -海洲湾某处 |
[19:21] | You’ve lost a nuclear submarine in North Korea, Mr. President. | 您在北韩失去一艘核子潜艇 总统先生 |
[19:26] | Thanks, Albie. That much the National Security Council has made clear to me. | 谢谢,艾比 国家安全委员会已经告诉我了 |
[19:31] | – Any chance they’ve gone quiet? – Nancy thinks there is. | -有没有可能是蓄意消失? -南西认为是 |
[19:34] | – I’m assuming they didn’t radio. – No. | -我猜他们没发无线电 -没 |
[19:37] | If they were in trouble, they wouldn’t send a distress signal… | 如果他们遇上麻烦 他们也不会发出求救信号 |
[19:40] | …because they might be detected and submariners have different criteria… | 因为他们可能为被侦测到 而且潜艇预估风险的规则 |
[19:44] | …when assessing risk versus reward. | 跟其他情形不同 |
[19:49] | He knows. | 他知道 |
[19:51] | – Okay, I’ll just stand over there. – Where are we? | -好吧,我就站在这儿 -现在情形如何? |
[19:54] | The president wants to give four hours before a rescue. We’re an hour into it. | 总统再过四小时就要发动救援 已经过一小时了 |
[19:58] | – All the pieces in place? – Yeah. | -一切都准备好了? -对 |
[20:00] | – Who do we talk to in the meantime? – Nobody. | -这时我们应该跟谁谈? -谁都不谈 |
[20:02] | You sure? We don’t talk to the North Koreans? | 你确定? 不跟北韩谈? |
[20:05] | And tell them what? You’ve got casus belli? | 跟他们谈什么? 你们有宣战理由? |
[20:09] | Cause for war. Little thing called Latin. | 宣战理由的拉丁文 |
[20:11] | If we tell North Korea we’ve violated their waters, it could be interpreted… | 如果告诉北韩我们入侵他们水域 可能会被解读为 |
[20:16] | …as an act of war? – It is an act of war. | -宣战的动作? -那就是宣战 |
[20:19] | – We’ll tell them it’s not. – It is. | -我们就告诉他们不是 -那就是 |
[20:22] | You violated international law. | 你违反了国际法 |
[20:25] | You’ve taken provocative action. At best you’d create a crisis atmosphere… | 这是激怒敌方的行为 可能已经造成危机气氛 |
[20:30] | …and North Korea’s got the fourth largest army in the world. | 北韩还拥有世上 第四大的军队 |
[20:34] | 1968, the USS Pueblo… | 1968年,海军《沛布洛号》 |
[20:37] | …was on an intelligence mission off the DPRK. | 在北韩外海进行 情报搜集行动 |
[20:42] | North Korea attacks with vessels and a MiG jet. | 北韩以飞机与战机攻击 |
[20:45] | The 82 surviving crew are captured. | 存活的82名船员被捕 |
[20:49] | They’re held and tortured for 11 months… | 他们被监禁,折磨了11个月 |
[20:52] | …until we issue an apology for the grave acts… | 直到我们为自己的间谍行为 |
[20:56] | …of espionage committed by the U.S. ship. | 发出道歉启事,他们才罢休 |
[21:00] | – I was there. – Okay. | -我也在那儿 -好吧 |
[21:04] | – Can I talk to you alone for a second? – Yeah. | -我可以单独跟你谈吗? -好 |
[21:14] | – Let’s not call North Korea just yet. – No. | -我们先别通知北韩 -好 |
[21:17] | Leo, gut feeling. Has the boat gone quiet? | 里奥,相信直觉 船只是蓄意消失吧? |
[21:21] | Yeah. | 对 |
[21:23] | Trust the captain, trust the crew. | 信任船长,信任船员 |
[21:27] | All right. Three more hours. | 好吧,再三小时 |
[21:30] | I think Albie should stay. | 我认为艾比应该留下来 |
[21:33] | He can talk us through some things. | 他可以帮我们谈事情 |
[21:35] | If we need to start making calls he’ll be helpful. | 如果我们必须和谈 他会很有帮助 |
[21:38] | Also, he’ll be good to have around for morale because he’s Mr. Happy Fun Guy. | 而且也很能鼓舞士气 因为他是个快乐搞笑先生 |
[21:42] | – Look… – I’m gonna ask you to stay for a while. | -听着 -我要请你留下来一会儿 |
[21:47] | Well, then, I’ll take that soft drink now… | 那我就来杯饮料好了 |
[21:50] | …if you’ve got it, Mr. President. | 如果可以的话,总统先生 |
[21:53] | Just a little Schweppes Bitter Lemon on ice with a twist. | 给我一杯玉泉汽水 加冰块跟柠檬 |
[21:59] | Charlie! | 查理! |
[22:02] | – Yes, sir. – Could you have someone bring some… | -是的,长官 -麻烦请个人弄杯 |
[22:05] | …Schweppes Bitter Lemon and a copy of the constitutional order of succession? | 玉泉汽水加冰块跟柠檬 还有连任宪法规定的副本好吗? |
[22:10] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[22:19] | New paragraph: As always, your thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated. | 加上一段:如往常一般 我们非常感激您的细心 |
[22:24] | Also appreciated was the visit to the White House… | 我们也非常感谢您 带了50位选民坐上巴士 |
[22:27] | …by some 50 of your constituents on board a bus… | 造访白宫 |
[22:31] | …that was chartered by your office. | 经过您办公室的特许 |
[22:35] | Their complaints were respectfully heard by my assistant… | 我的助理 已经收到他们的申诉 |
[22:39] | …and I regret that matters escalated to the point… | 对于此事件严重到我的助理 |
[22:42] | …where she felt it necessary to call in the Park Police. | 必须通知公园警察的地步 我深深感到惋惜 |
[22:47] | You’ll be happy to know that their bus has been refueled… | 在此很欣慰地通知您 他们的巴士已经加满油 |
[22:50] | …and the seniors are on their way home… | 访客也已经在回家的路上 |
[22:52] | …each having been allowed to keep their security tags as a souvenir. | 每个人都可以留下保全名牌 作为纪念品 |
[22:56] | – Look… – Signed. Do it. | -听着 -签名,去做 |
[22:59] | – Hey. – You got a second? | -嗨 -你有时间吗? |
[23:01] | Type that. | -嗨 -你有时间吗? 打出来 |
[23:02] | – I was just… – Type it. | 打出来 -我只是 -打出来 |
[23:05] | – May I use your computer? – What’s wrong with yours? | -我可以用你的电脑吗? -你的怎么了? |
[23:08] | One of them poured Wheatena on the keyboard. | 他们有一个人把麦片粥 倒在我键盘上 |
[23:12] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[23:23] | We had a little problem earlier. What’s up? | 刚刚有点小麻烦 怎么了? |
[23:25] | The majority leader got the question last night. | 多数党主席昨晚回答问题 |
[23:28] | And just kept on digging. | 我们还在挖 |
[23:31] | “We have the greatest technology of any country in the world… | “我们拥有世上最强的科技 |
[23:35] | …along with the greatest, not the greatest, but very serious problems… | 同时也有不是最重大 却是非常严重的问题 |
[23:38] | …confronting our people, and I want to be president… | 挑战我们的人民 我想成为总统 |
[23:42] | …in order to focus on these problems in a way that uses… | 是为了利用人民的力量 来解决这些问题 |
[23:45] | …the energy of our people to move us forward, basically.” | 好让国家进步 基本上就是这样” |
[23:48] | – Yes. – It’s the”basically” that makes it art. | -对 -那句“基本上”真是经典 |
[23:51] | The best thing we can do is step back. We can’t be seen to be gloating. | 我们最好退一步 我们不能太得意洋洋 |
[23:55] | Yeah, we do that when nobody’s looking. | 对 只能趁没人看的时候才这样 |
[23:57] | – Anything else? – No. | -还有吗? -没了 |
[23:59] | – They poured Wheatena on her keyboard. – Listen… | -还有吗? -没了 -他们把麦片粥倒在她键盘上 -听着 |
[24:02] | …how good is our answer? | 我们的回答有多好? |
[24:04] | – It’s good. – Really? | 我们的回答有多好? -很好 -真的吗? |
[24:05] | What is it? | -很好 -真的吗? 是什么? |
[24:09] | Do we have one? I’m sure we have one. | 我们有答案吗? 我确定我们有 |
[24:11] | – Will you check? Will you check today? – Yeah. | -麻烦你今天想一下好吗? -好 |
[24:14] | – Thank you. – Okay. | -谢谢 -好吧 |
[24:17] | No, the problem is that Oakenwood thinks that the mission of the NEA… | 不,问题是 奥肯沃以为国家艺术基金会的任务 |
[24:22] | …is to subsidize artists in this country. | 是资助国内的艺术家 |
[24:24] | The mission of the NEA is to subsidize artists in this country. | 国家艺术基金会的任务 是资助国内的艺术家 |
[24:28] | – Then that’s the problem. – In fact, it’s to subsidize art. | -那就是问题 -事实上,是资助艺术 |
[24:32] | Go ahead and explain that distinction in Topeka. | 你去托皮卡跟他们解释 这其中的差异 |
[24:35] | They’re bright. No artists you mentioned received direct money… | 他们很聪明,你刚刚提到的艺术家 |
[24:38] | …from the Endowments because the last time Republicans tried losing the NEA… | 没有一个是从基金会直接拿到钱 因为上次共和党试着废除它 |
[24:42] | …not three times ago, but last time, we got rid of the individual grants. | 不是前三次,而是上一次 我们摆脱了个人补助金 |
[24:46] | And Oakenwood found a back door by giving money… | 奥肯沃又找到了 把钱直接送给博物馆 |
[24:48] | …directly to the museums that put on… | 的后门 |
[24:52] | Toby, do you like this stuff? | 托比,你喜欢这些艺术吗? |
[24:56] | You’d need the Budweiser Clydesdales to drag me to Picasso and Monet. | 你得先把我灌醉 才能逼我欣赏毕加索跟莫内 |
[25:00] | I’m not the guy you want deciding this. You’re not the guy I want deciding this. | 我不是能做你要的决定的人 你也不是能做我要的决定的人 |
[25:05] | I don’t know where you get the idea taxpayers shouldn’t have to pay… | 我不知道你打哪来的主意 纳税人不应该 |
[25:08] | …for anything of which they disapprove. | 为任何他们不同意的事纳税 |
[25:11] | Lots of them don’t like tanks. | 很多人根本不喜欢坦克车 |
[25:13] | Even more don’t like Congress. | 更多人讨厌国会 |
[25:16] | – Hi. – Lisa Mulberry, 28… | -嗨 -丽莎茉贝莉,28岁 |
[25:19] | …specializes in placing genitalia in anatomically incorrect… | 专门把生殖器官 以错误的解剖方式 |
[25:26] | – Excuse us. – Sure. | -容我们告退 -当然 |
[25:31] | Look, we can’t spend soft money on a primary ad anyway, so… | 我们不能把软钱花在初选广告上 所以 |
[25:35] | – No, he’s passing the magic-words test. – What test? | -不,他快通过神奇字眼的考试 -什么考试? |
[25:38] | U.S. Supreme Court, Buckley v. Valeo. | 美国高等法院 巴克利诉瓦莱奥案 |
[25:41] | The Court created a loophole by ruling that campaign-finance laws… | 法院的竞选基金管制法 有一个漏洞 |
[25:44] | …only apply to communications that in express terms… | 该法仅适用于 有任何表明助选 |
[25:47] | …advocate the election or defeat of a candidate… | 或打击其他候选人字眼 的宣传方式 |
[25:50] | …for Federal office. | 联邦政府办公室而言 |
[25:56] | If you don’t put”Vote Bartlet” in the ad… | 只要你不在广告里说 “投给巴特勒” |
[25:59] | …you can pay for it with unmarked bills from a bank heist if you want to. | 你甚至可以请银行抢匪 把那句话印在无标记的钞票上 |
[26:03] | There’s also Footnote 52, where the Court said campaign-finance laws… | 还有法院规定竞选基金管制法 第52节 |
[26:07] | …only apply to communications with the terms”vote for,””elect,””support”… | 仅适用于有“投给” “选给” , “支持” |
[26:11] | …”cast your ballot for,””vote against,””defeat,””reject.” That’s it. | “把票投给” , “不要投给” “打败” , “拒绝”字眼的宣传 |
[26:17] | I’m savant-like. | 我简直像个学者 |
[26:19] | – If it doesn’t use those specific words? – It is an issue ad. | 我简直像个学者 -只要不用这些字眼? -只是政见广告 |
[26:23] | You know what they say about money in politics. | 你知道他们怎么说政治金融吗 |
[26:27] | – It’s like water on pavement. – Why? | -就像人行道上的水 -为什么? |
[26:29] | – That’s a good… – It finds every crack and crevice. | -真是个好 -会钻所有可能的缝隙 |
[26:31] | The standard should be,”Does the ad try to influence the outcome? | 标准应该是 “广告是否会影响结果? |
[26:35] | – If so, you can’t use soft money.” – Well, zip-a-dee-doo-dah, Sam. | -如果会,你就不能用软钱” -闭上嘴巴,山姆 |
[26:39] | – Excuse me? – That isn’t what the standard is. | -什么? -那并不是标准 |
[26:44] | Now, I think we should run in the same election as everybody else. | 我认为我们应该跟大家一样 用这种方式竞选 |
[26:47] | Toby? | 托比? |
[26:52] | I’ve gotta go back in there. | 我得回去了 |
[26:53] | When I come back, show me an ad without the magic words. | 我得回去了 我回来时 给我一个没有神奇字眼的广告 |
[27:01] | – Francis Pendleton. – Frank. | -法兰西斯潘得顿 -法兰克 |
[27:04] | – This was the case you settled? – Yeah. | -这是你和解的案子? -对 |
[27:06] | $58,000 payout from SVM Mutual. | 从SVM基金会直接付款 |
[27:10] | – Why wasn’t that out in the campaign? – Confidentiality clause. | -为什么选战没提到? -保密条款 |
[27:14] | No one would know that figure unless they subpoenaed the Pendleton papers. | 没有人会知道那笔数字 除非有人传唤潘得顿的文件 |
[27:18] | They did. | 他们传了 |
[27:20] | – You performed an atrioventricular… – Is there a deal to be made? | -你执行心室手术 -可以谈条件吗? |
[27:27] | Is there? | 可以吗? |
[27:29] | Oliver, I raise my right hand, they’re halfway to where they wanna be. | 奥力佛,我只要一宣誓 他们就能予取予求 |
[27:34] | – Is there a deal? – Can’t guarantee they’ll be interested. | -可以谈条件吗? -不保证他们有兴趣 |
[27:37] | – But they might be. – If putting you on the stand is too risky. | -但可能会啊 -如果让你作证太冒险的话 |
[27:40] | Why would it be a risk for them? | 为什么他们觉得冒险? |
[27:42] | You know the story of the man who breaks into the pharmacy for medicine. | 为什么他们觉得冒险? 你知道一个男人闯入药局 为救老婆偷药的故事吗? |
[27:45] | A life is saved, a window’s broken. | 救了一条命,毁了一扇窗 |
[27:48] | Right. | 对 |
[27:50] | – And I get to pay to have it fixed. – So they might be interested. | 对 -我必须付钱修理窗户 -所以他们可能会有兴趣 |
[27:54] | – What would they want? – At best? | -他们想要什么? -最好的吗? |
[27:57] | Start with at worst. | 从最糟开始 |
[27:59] | – At worst? – Yeah. | 从最糟开始 -最糟的? -对 |
[28:01] | Suspended jail sentence of three to five years. | 被判入狱服刑三至五年 |
[28:04] | What’s the one right above that? | 下一个呢? |
[28:06] | USS Glomar, top-secret debacle. | 下一个呢? 《海军格罗马号》,高度机密 |
[28:09] | Project Jennifer. | 珍妮佛计划 |
[28:11] | Glomar goes after Clementine, the sunken Russian Golf. | 《格罗马》紧追《柑橘号》 沉没的俄罗斯鉴 |
[28:15] | Six feet a minute, that’s how fast we pulled her up. | 每分钟六尺 那是我们打捞它的速度 |
[28:18] | Then, all of a sudden: Her claw breaks in two. | 然后忽然间 它断成两截 |
[28:22] | The Golf dangles loose, one sub from another, steel ripping off. | 它开始溃散 外壳逐渐剥落 |
[28:26] | Everything we needed, including its nuclear missile… | 我们所需的一切 包括核子飞弹 |
[28:29] | …its transmitters, its code books, everything, gone. | 发射器,解码簿及一切 全都消失了 |
[28:33] | The USS Gudgeon, 1957. | 海军《白鱼号》,1957年 |
[28:37] | Eight Soviet ships caught her, kept her cornered for four days. | 八艘苏联战舰逮住它 把它困了四天 |
[28:41] | The oxygen depletion, migraines, fainting. | 氧气耗尽 大家开始头痛,昏厥 |
[28:45] | You couldn’t cook. You couldn’t light a cigarette. | 不能煮东西 不能点香烟 |
[28:49] | – They smoke in subs? – They used to. | -潜艇上可以抽烟? -以前可以 |
[28:51] | The Oklahoma… | 《奥克拉荷马号》 |
[28:54] | …the Hornet, the Lexington, a CV-2… | 《黄蜂号》 《列辛顿号》,CV―2 |
[28:58] | …the USS Wasp. | 海军《黄蜂号》 |
[29:00] | The Wasp was a CV-7 out in the Solomon Islands… . | 《黄蜂号》是索罗门湾的 CV―7运输舰 |
[29:06] | God, I’m sorry. Am I still here? | 天哪 ,抱歉,我还在这吗? |
[29:09] | You lost your boat in the wrong part of the world. | 你在世界上一个错误的地方 失去你的潜艇 |
[29:12] | I haven’t lost the boat yet, Mr. Secretary. | 我还没失去它 秘书长先生 |
[29:15] | I’m the only one who thinks we should send the fast-attack subs right now. | 我是现在唯一认为 必须马上派出攻击潜艇的人 |
[29:19] | And I’m an hour away from gathering the NSC and calling Japan. | 再一个小时我就要召集 国家安全委员会然后通知日本 |
[29:23] | I’m sorry, I wasn’t listening. | 抱歉,我没在听 |
[29:25] | I say you lost your boat in the wrong part of the world. | 抱歉,我没在听 我说你在世界上一个错误的地方 失去你的潜艇 |
[29:29] | – Albie… – It was a UN action, Mr. Secretary. | -艾比 -这是联合国行动,国务卿先生 |
[29:33] | Sixteen countries were involved in that police action, Mr. Secretary. | 16个国家牵涉在这项行动内 国务卿先生 |
[29:37] | Thirty-three, 34,000 American dead. | 33个国家,死了34000个美国人 |
[29:40] | How come we’re the only ones still fighting? Where did everybody go? | 怎么会只剩下我们在战斗? 大家都去哪了? |
[29:43] | Well, Colombia’s fighting a drug war. Ethiopia’s trying to feed itself. | 哥伦比亚正在对抗毒品 衣索比亚正在喂饱自己 |
[29:48] | Belgium and the Netherlands, they have cheese and chocolate to make. | 比利时跟荷兰 正忙着制造起士跟巧克力 |
[29:54] | – Sir? Josh. – Send him in. | -长官?乔西来了 -让他进来 |
[29:57] | – Good afternoon, sir. – Hey, Josh. | -午安,长官 -乔西 |
[29:59] | – Joshua. – Good afternoon, Mr. Secretary. | -乔西 -午安,国务卿先生 |
[30:02] | – Anything going on I should know about? – We’re just catching up. | -有什么事我应该知道吗? -我们还在处理 |
[30:06] | – This can wait for another time. – Give it to me. I want a distraction. | -我可以等 -告诉我吧,我需要换换口味 |
[30:10] | – No, it’s all right. – Give it to me. | -不,没关系 -告诉我 |
[30:12] | – It’s campaign related. – That’s okay. | -跟选战有关 -没关系 |
[30:16] | Well, the majority leader got the question last night. | 多数党主席昨晚被问问题 |
[30:19] | – He tanked. – We’re putting together… | -他完了 -我们正在准备答案 |
[30:21] | …an answer for when you get it. – The question? | -当你想到时 -什么问题? |
[30:24] | – Why do you wanna be president? – I don’t. | -你为什么想当总统? -我不想 |
[30:26] | Well, we’ll put that in the hopper and show you a draft. | 我们就这么写 然后拟一份草稿 |
[30:29] | – Good. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -很好 -谢谢,总统先生 |
[30:37] | Leo? | 里奥? |
[30:40] | Fifty-five minutes. | 还有55分钟 |
[30:50] | This is a time of dizzying change and progress around the world. | 该是为这世界 推动改革与进步的时刻了 |
[30:54] | I’m running for re-election because I wanna make sure… | 我争取连任 因为我希望 |
[30:57] | …that all our people can share in 21 st-century jobs… | 所有人民都能一同担任 21世纪的工作 |
[31:00] | Jobs and industries we can’t even imagine today… | 无法想像的新工作与企业 |
[31:03] | …bring the benefits of new medical advancements to all our families… | 为所有家庭提供 医学新科技带来的好处 |
[31:08] | And harness new technology and the Internet… | 并加速新科技与网路 |
[31:10] | …as a force for faster economic growth… | 作为加速经济成长的动力 |
[31:13] | Better education and a freer exchange of ideas around the world. | 改善教育 并促进世界各国资讯自由化 |
[31:17] | – There it is. – That’s fine. | -就这样 -很好 |
[31:24] | – You wanna say something? – No. | -你有话要说吗? -没 |
[31:26] | I thought it was… | 我以为这是 |
[31:29] | It’s got crisp, commanding phrases. | 充满活力,有威严的句子 |
[31:32] | It’s got active verbs like”harness.” It paints a picture of the future. | 还有主动动词如“加速” 描绘了未来的景象 |
[31:36] | Someone wants to be president for medical research and the Internet? | 有人想当总统 只是为了医学研究跟网路? |
[31:40] | – She’s got a point. – Sometimes you get your face on a coin. | -她说得对 -也可以把自己的肖像印在铜板 |
[31:44] | Okay, this shouldn’t be hard. | 好吧,这应该不难 |
[31:46] | You should charge money for this. Sell tickets… | 你应该为此收钱的 卖票 |
[31:49] | …and charge money and call it “Journey Back to Germany”… | 收钱,活动叫做 “回到德国之旅” |
[31:52] | …where in 1937 they held a show of degenerate art… | 在1937年 他们办了一场变态艺术展 |
[31:56] | …vilifying art they deemed sick, art featuring mockery of the divine… | 污蔑他们认为变态的艺术 嘲弄上帝的艺术品 |
[32:00] | …art that wasted the taxes of the German working people. | 浪费德国工作者纳的税的艺术品 |
[32:04] | Well, how much do you think we could get? | 你认为我们可以赚多少? |
[32:07] | – Look… – I think it’s in incredibly bad taste… | -听着 -我认为把美国跟纳粹等化 |
[32:09] | …to equate the U.S. Congress with the Nazis. | 实在是糟糕至极的品味 |
[32:12] | Me too. In Europe and Japan they’re spending between 1.5 and 3 billion… | 我也是,德国与日本 大约花15到30亿美元 |
[32:17] | …on the arts. Congress thinks 105 million is indulgent? | 在艺术上 国会还认为1亿美元是浪费? |
[32:21] | – Yes. – There is a connection… | -对 -社会的进步 |
[32:23] | …between the progress of a society and progress in the arts. | 与艺术的进步 是有关联的 |
[32:27] | The age of Pericles was also the age of Phidias. | 贝里克的年代 也是菲狄亚斯的年代 |
[32:30] | The age of Lorenzo de’ Medici was also the age of Leonardo da Vinci. | 麦迪奇的罗伦佐年代 也是达文西的年代 |
[32:34] | The age of Elizabeth was the age of Shakespeare. | 伊丽莎白的年代 也是莎士比亚的年代 |
[32:37] | Ain’t none of these guys da Vinci or Shakespeare. | 这些家伙没一个是 达文西或莎士比亚 |
[32:39] | Says you. | 是你说的 |
[32:41] | Let’s wait till November, see how many voters agree with me. | 我们等到十一月 看看有多少选民同意我们 |
[32:47] | National Parks? | 国家公园? |
[32:54] | National Park security. | 国家公园的安全 |
[32:58] | Security? | 安全? |
[33:00] | – Yeah. – Really? | -对 -真的? |
[33:03] | Yeah. | 对 |
[33:06] | The parks are safe, Tawny. We spend a lot of money on that. | 公园很安全了,汤妮 我们已经花很多钱在上面 |
[33:10] | They could be safer. | 可以更安全 |
[33:11] | And the money for that could come from someplace else. | 可以更安全 那笔预算可以从别的地方拿 |
[33:15] | – Like where? – Like… | -例如? -例如 |
[33:17] | New taxes? | 新税? |
[33:21] | Yeah. | 对 |
[33:26] | What do you want? | 你要什么? |
[33:29] | Get rid of Oakenwood. | 摆脱奥肯沃 |
[33:32] | We’ll find the money someplace else. | 我们会去别的地方挖钱 |
[33:36] | Get rid of Oakenwood? | 摆脱奥肯沃? |
[33:40] | Yeah. | 对 |
[33:45] | What if I agree to a suspension of my license? | 如果我同意吊销执照呢? |
[33:47] | I agree to a suspension of my license for the length of Jed’s term. | 我同意在杰德的任期内 吊销我的执照 |
[33:52] | If he serves a second term, it includes those years too. | 如果他连任 就延长吊销期限 |
[33:55] | – All three states? – New Hampshire, Missouri and Arizona. | -三个州? -新罕布夏,密苏里跟亚利桑那 |
[33:59] | I pay a fine. I pay a fine… | 我付罚金 |
[34:01] | …and the violation is recorded in the Practitioners Databank. | 违法情事将纪录在 执业者资料库上 |
[34:05] | I resign from boards and organizations. That gives them a win, right? | 我自董事会与组织辞职 这样他们就赢了对吧? |
[34:10] | – Yeah. – So, what do you think? | -对 -那你认为呢? |
[34:13] | You’re not my client. It’s not my job to protect your medical license. | 你不是我的客户 我的工作不是保住你的医师证书 |
[34:17] | – What do you think? – I think it’s good. | -你认为呢? -我觉得很好 |
[34:20] | Any White House Counsel would think that. | 白宫顾问都会这么认为 |
[34:22] | Will you help me convince the president? | 你可以帮我说服总统吗? |
[34:24] | – It stinks. – You just said it was good. | -这主意糟透了 -你刚刚才说很好 |
[34:26] | – It stinks. – In a good way? | -糟透了 -所以是件好事? |
[34:29] | You broke some laws. You should be ashamed of yourself… | 你犯了一些法 你应该感到羞耻 |
[34:32] | …but this investigation isn’t about that. | 但是这次调查跟这无关 |
[34:34] | It’s about the criminalization of politics. | 而是跟宣告政治犯罪有关 |
[34:37] | An attempt to do what they couldn’t do at the ballot box. | 他们企图要作 在投票箱内办不到的事 |
[34:40] | – But we don’t have the luxury… – Stop eating fruits and vegetables. | -但我们没有那种余裕 -别再吃水果跟蔬菜 |
[34:44] | It’s doing something bad to you. | 对你的身体有害 |
[34:46] | Fruits and vegetables will seduce you like a woman with… | 水果跟蔬菜会引诱你 就像女人跟 |
[34:49] | Truth isn’t a luxury. You’re gonna go in there, you’re gonna swear an oath. | 信任并不是多余的 你必须作证,宣誓 |
[34:53] | You’re gonna get asked questions and tell the truth. | 你会被问问题 并且说实话 |
[34:56] | It’s the way you stand up and say,”Stop.” | 那是你站起来说“住手”的方式 |
[35:10] | You should be careful, Oliver. | 你最好小心点,奥力佛 |
[35:11] | You keep talking like a person, they’ll kick you out of the bar. | 你说话的方式太人性化了 他们会把你踢出律师公会 |
[35:15] | I’ve been kicked out of bars before. | 我以前也被工会踢出去过 |
[35:17] | – I meant… – I know what you meant. | -我是说 -我知道你的意思 |
[35:22] | Instead of”Jed Bartlet’s fighting to rebuild crumbling schools”… | 我们不说 “杰德巴特勒 将致力重建没落的学校” |
[35:25] | …we’ll make it,”We’re fighting to rebuild crumbling schools.” | 我们说 “我们会致力重建没落的学校” |
[35:29] | And we’ve got a picture of the president on the screen. | 然后再把总统的肖像 放在荧幕上 |
[35:32] | Yeah, and we change “Vote Bartlet for America”… | 对,然后我们把 “投给美国的巴特勒” |
[35:35] | …to”Paid for by Democrats for America.” | 改成“投给 美国的民主党员” |
[35:38] | – You changed five words. – Magic words. | -你改了五个字 -神奇字眼 |
[35:40] | – They’re not magic. – It’s illusion. | -那不神奇 -而是幻觉 |
[35:42] | – It’s a scam. – Yeah. | -那不神奇 -而是幻觉 -是骗术 -对 |
[35:44] | – Where are we? – Bruno and Connie… | -我们谈到哪了? -布鲁诺跟康妮 |
[35:45] | …have fought their way out of our campaign-finance laws. | -我们谈到哪了? -布鲁诺跟康妮 正在帮我们想办法 钻竞选基金管制法漏洞 |
[35:49] | – It’s an issue ad. – It’s a candidate ad with words changed. | -这是政见广告 -这是改了字的候选人广告 |
[35:51] | – Magic words. – Connie. | -神奇字眼 -康妮 |
[35:53] | I don’t know any other way to fight fire, Toby. | 我不知道其他灭火的方法了 托比 |
[35:56] | Why are you bent on countering these leaflets? | 我们为什么 要为这些传单折腰? |
[35:59] | Because I am tired of working for candidates… | 因为我已经厌倦 帮候选人工作 |
[36:01] | …who make me think I should be embarrassed to believe what I believe. | 他们让我耻于相信 我所相信的事 |
[36:06] | I’m tired of getting them elected. | 我厌倦帮他们当选 |
[36:10] | We need therapy because somebody came along and said liberal means… | 我们需要心理治疗 因为有个家伙疾呼自由 |
[36:14] | …soft on crime, soft on drugs, soft on Communism… | 放松犯罪管制,放松药物管制 放松共产党 |
[36:18] | …soft on defense. And we’re gonna tax you back to the Stone Age… | 放松自我辩护 而且还要把税降到石器时代 |
[36:22] | …because people shouldn’t have to go to work if they don’t want to. | 因为如果人们不想工作 就不该工作 |
[36:26] | And instead of saying,”Well, excuse me, you right-wing, reactionary… | 我们不说“真抱歉, 你这右翼,反动 |
[36:30] | …xenophobic, homophobic, anti-education, anti-choice… | 恐外,恐同性恋,反教育 反多元化 |
[36:34] | …pro-gun, Leave it to Beaver trip back to the ’50s”… | 赞成枪枝的家伙, “宝贝智多星” 回到50年代” |
[36:38] | …we cowered in the corner and said: | 我们躲在墙角说: |
[36:42] | “Please, don’t hurt me.” | “拜托,别伤害我” |
[36:47] | No more. | 到此为止 |
[36:50] | I really don’t care who’s right, who’s wrong. | 我不在乎谁对谁错 |
[36:53] | We’re both right. We’re both wrong. | 我们都对,也都错 |
[36:57] | Let’s have two parties, huh? What do you say? | 我们就和平共存好吗? 你说呢? |
[37:10] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[37:12] | – Toby… – Let’s stick to the spirit of the law. | -托比 -我们坚持法律的精神 |
[37:15] | The spirit of the law means no soft money. | 法律的精神代表 不准用软钱 |
[37:18] | I’m saying let’s do an issue ad, an actual issue ad. | 我是说我们做政见广告 真的政见广告 |
[37:20] | Let’s do a bunch. Health care, equal opportunity. | 内容丰富 全民健保,机会均等 |
[37:24] | School construction. | 学校建设 |
[37:26] | Anyone think raising awareness of crumbling schools won’t help us? | |
[37:30] | There’s actually a reasonable point here. | 其实这一点蛮合理的 |
[37:32] | New polls see Republicans as better on education with no basis for it. | 新民调认为共和党较重视教育 但该意见没有基础 |
[37:36] | The ad could spark a debate on the issue, which would help. | 这个广告可以引起教育议题讨论 对我们有帮助 |
[37:39] | And we take a parallel path in our free media. | 我们在自由媒体 也可以同时进行 |
[37:41] | Across America our schools are crumbling. | 在整个美国境内 学校正在没落 |
[37:44] | Holes in the walls, kids packed into trailers like sardines in a can. | 墙壁斑驳,孩子们像沙丁鱼罐头般 挤火车上学 |
[37:48] | Half of America’s schools are in disrepair. | 有一半的美国学校 维修不善 |
[37:50] | And when schools fall down, so do test scores. | 当学校没落 成绩也一落千丈 |
[37:53] | – This isn’t bad, I like this. – Yes. | -这句话不错,我喜欢 -很好 |
[37:56] | – Why am I nervous? – It’s not amoral. | -我为什么紧张? -这又跟道德无关 |
[38:00] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[38:02] | Okay. | 对啊 好吧 |
[38:04] | Across America schools are crumbling. | 在整个美国境内 学校正在没落 |
[38:07] | …sweeping Wonsan Harbor near Sindo Island… | 横扫过武山湾 在新多岛附近 |
[38:10] | …turned to starboard, hit a mine. Sank. | 转到右察,撞上鱼雷 沉没 |
[38:14] | The USS Gurke, the St. Paul… | 海军《库客号》,《圣保罗号》 |
[38:17] | …the Irwin, a DD-794… | 《尔文号》,DD―794 |
[38:20] | …the John W. Morrison, which took 150 rounds… | 《约翰莫里森号》 在洪多潘道的一场海湾战役 |
[38:24] | …of 107 mm air bursts from a shore battery at Hodo Pando. | 被连续攻击150发 107厘米的气爆弹 |
[38:29] | – 1953, the Manchester… – Okay. | -1953年,《曼彻斯特号》 -好了 |
[38:33] | – I beg your pardon? – It’s time. | -请再说一次? -时间到了 |
[38:36] | – You still got 10 minutes by my watch. – Yeah, we’re going now. | -我的表上你还有10分钟 -我们现在就要走了 |
[38:41] | – You contact Pac Fleet? – Pac Fleet contacts Ballast Point. | -你跟太平洋舰队联络了? -太平洋舰队联络巴拉斯特点 |
[38:44] | – In San Diego, right? – Yes. We’ve got a C-141 Starlifter… | -在圣地牙哥对吧? -对,我们在北岛有艘C―141 |
[38:48] | …at North Island. It’ll transport the DSRVs. | 负责运输深海救生潜艇 |
[38:50] | – What do they do? – They’ll dock with Whiskey-Three. | -怎么运作? -他们会接驳“威士忌3” |
[38:53] | – Whiskey-Three? – It’s Portland’s code name. | -“威士忌3”? -《波特兰号》的代码名称 |
[38:55] | Rescue team blows out the docking collar… | 救援小组会炸毁船坞 |
[38:58] | …and survivors will exit in groups of 24. | 生还者以24人一组撤出 |
[39:00] | How many trips will it take? | 一共运输几次? |
[39:02] | – Six trips to offload them all. – What about injured? | 一共运输几次? -6次可全部运完 -伤者呢? |
[39:04] | There will be a medical team. Seriously injured will be medevaced to Tokyo. | 我们会派医疗小组 重伤者会以直升机送到东京 |
[39:08] | – Let’s go get them. Time’s up. – We have Whiskey-Three-Charlie… | -去救他们吧,没时间了 -我们已经跟“威士忌3”查理 |
[39:12] | …on sat high com. – What does that mean? | -以高频卫星联络 -什么意思? |
[39:14] | – The Portland is on satellite. – What does that mean? | -《波特兰号》在卫星上 -那是什么意思? |
[39:17] | – We have them. – Whiskey-Three-Charlie… | -我们联络上他们了 -“威士忌3”查理 |
[39:19] | … this is Pac Fleet, report your whiskey, over. | 这是太平洋舰队 请回报位置,完毕 |
[39:22] | Whiskey-Three-Charlie, whiskey is 36. 6 degrees north by 110 west. | “威士忌3”查理 目前位在西110度之北36点6度 |
[39:27] | Went quiet to avoid close aboard contact with Luda-class destroyer. | 我们故意失联以避免与 海豚级驱逐舰过近 |
[39:31] | Mechanical situation ‘s at full op. | 机械状态已预备好 |
[39:33] | Whiskey-Three-Charlie, this is Pac Fleet. Roger all. Happy hunting. | “威士忌3”查理 这是太平洋舰队,打猎愉快 |
[39:41] | All right. | 好吧 |
[39:42] | Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[39:45] | There they are. See, they went deep and quiet… | 他们在那儿 看,他们只是潜下去躲起来 |
[39:48] | …to avoid a close aboard with a Luda-class destroyer. | 避免与海豚级驱逐舰过近 |
[39:51] | What you gotta do in these situations is, you trust the captain… | 在这种情形下 你只能信任船长 |
[39:55] | …you trust the crew. | 信任船员 |
[39:57] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[40:06] | – Hey. – Good afternoon, sir. | -嗨 -午安,长官 |
[40:08] | – It got filed? – Yes, sir. | -嗨 -午安,长官 -已经登记好了? -是的,长官 |
[40:10] | – It got filed? – Yes, sir. | -登记好了? -是的,长官 |
[40:13] | – So I’m on the ballot in New Hampshire? – Yeah. | -我已经在新罕布夏选票上了? -对 |
[40:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:25] | When Romans ran for the office of consul… | 当罗马人要竞选 |
[40:28] | – Did I just see you roll your eyes? – No, sir. | -你刚刚是不是翻白眼? -没有,长官 |
[40:30] | They wore whitened togas to show their intent. A bit silly, perhaps. | 他们必须穿上白袍以示意图 也许有点傻 |
[40:34] | – Perhaps. – It was an act of personal commission. | -也许 -那是个人承诺的表现 |
[40:37] | I know how much you like to think of yourself as a man of the people… | 我知道你总是 把自己当成一介平民 |
[40:41] | …Roman references and all… | 罗马人的民主等等 |
[40:43] | …but you’re the only one who can launch our nuclear weapons. | 但你是 唯一能发射核子飞弹的人 |
[40:46] | You travel in a fully secured perimeter. | 你身边总是布满随扈保护你 |
[40:49] | You rescue submarines. | 你拯救潜艇 |
[40:51] | Maybe it’s time for it to be okay that an aide delivers a piece of paper. | 也许现在该是您让助理 传递文件的时候了 |
[40:55] | You’re pretty mouthy today. | 你今天话很多喔 |
[40:57] | C.J. ‘s waiting inside, sir. | 茜洁里面等您,长官 |
[41:03] | – Hey. – Good afternoon, Mr. President. | -嗨 -午安,总统先生 |
[41:06] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[41:08] | Do you duck when you’re getting on Marine One? | 你上《海军一号》时 会把头低下来吗? |
[41:11] | No, sir. Should I? | 不,长官,我应该低头吗? |
[41:12] | I think the blades are high enough. | 我想螺旋桨还够高 |
[41:15] | The majority leader got the question last night. | 多数党主席昨晚被问问题 |
[41:17] | – He went to the zoo. – Yeah. Listen… | -他搞砸了 -是啊,听着 |
[41:20] | …I want you to go easy on him. He’s conscientious and dedicated. | 我要你们放过他 他是个正人君子 |
[41:23] | It’s not an easy question. | 那问题也不简单 |
[41:26] | – Can you answer it? – Why do I want to be president? | -您可以回答吗? -我为什么想当总统? |
[41:30] | Yeah. | 对 |
[41:38] | I’ve been thinking about it for the last couple of hours. | 我过去几个小时都在想这问题 |
[41:41] | I almost had it. | 我快想出来了 |