时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | I’m seeing Amy again tonight. | 我今晚要跟艾咪见面 |
[00:09] | Second date? | 第二次约会? |
[00:11] | First date. Last night was more of a… | 第一次约会 昨晚比较像是 |
[00:13] | …you know… – Scheme. | -你知道 -策划好的 |
[00:15] | – You know Amy’s seeing somebody? – I do know that. | -你知道艾咪有男友了? -我知道 |
[00:18] | – Josh. Great night for us. – We’ll see. | -乔西,今晚是我们的 -等着瞧 |
[00:20] | – I’m just saying… – That he’s using me. | -我只是说 -你说他在利用我 |
[00:22] | I was saying that. | 我之前是那么说 |
[00:23] | – How’d it go? – Not well. Know whose fault that is? | -约会进行得如何? -不好,知道是谁的错吗? |
[00:25] | – John Tandy’s. – No. | -约翰谭迪 -不是 |
[00:27] | – Hers. – Yours. | -她的错 -你的错 |
[00:28] | He’s about to be censured, deliver the State of the Union… | 他会接受谴责 然后报告国情咨文 |
[00:31] | …and then he’s gonna run for re-election. | 然后就要竞选连任 |
[00:33] | My guess is that there are some things on his mind. | 我猜测他心里还有别的打算 两个巴特勒 (凌晨5点14分) |
[01:04] | The Supreme Court has issued its annual report. | 最高法院已发出年度报告 |
[01:07] | -Details in this report… -Iowa voters will pass the first ballots… | -本报告的详细内容 -爱荷华选民会收到第一轮选票 |
[01:10] | … as the presidential primary campaign officially gets underway. | 当做总统初选选战 正式开跑 |
[01:14] | President Bartlet… | 巴特勒总统 |
[01:28] | Why would I put it back? | 我为什么要放回去? |
[01:58] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:01] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:04] | You let anybody up without asking who it is? | 你问都不问就让人进来? |
[02:06] | I thought you were breakfast. | 我以为是送早餐的 |
[02:08] | – You know what? – What? | -你知道吗? -什么? |
[02:10] | John’s never asked to see the WLC’s high-donor database. | 约翰从没要我给他看 女性联盟的高额赞助者名单 |
[02:14] | What? | 什么? |
[02:16] | He’s never asked to see the high-donor database. | 他从没要我给他看 女性联盟的高额赞助者名单 |
[02:19] | Or any other mailing list. | 或其他邮寄名单 |
[02:22] | So how do you like them apples? | 你感觉如何? |
[02:25] | I just went to sleep about two hours ago. | 我两小时前才去睡觉 |
[02:27] | – You think he’s using me. – Is the sun up? | -你以为他在利用我 -太阳出来了吗? |
[02:29] | – I thought you should know. – Not so much. | -我以为你应该知道 -不太知道 |
[02:32] | – Those pajamas are too big for you. – What makes you say that? | -你的睡衣太大了 -你为什么这么说? |
[02:35] | – You’ve got the bottoms on… – I know they’re too big. | -你的睡裤 -我知道我的睡衣太大 |
[02:37] | – What are you doing here? – Demonstrating, once and for all… | -你在这里做什么? -一劳永逸的 |
[02:40] | …that John’s not using me to get the women’s vote. | 告诉你约翰不是在利用我 获得女性选票 |
[02:44] | You’re flaky, you know that? You’re quite the flake. | 你很自大,你知道吗? 你真是超级自大 |
[02:47] | Not once has he asked to see it. | 他一次也没问过我 |
[02:49] | – I was done with this a month ago. – Never asked us to sponsor a fundraiser. | -我一个月前就不想追究了 -从没要求过我们赞助筹款人 |
[02:53] | It’s early. | 现在还很早 |
[02:55] | It’s January. Think it’s early to raise money? | 现在是一月 你以为现在筹钱还太早? |
[02:58] | No. I’m saying it’s 5:00 in the morning. | 不是,我是说现在是凌晨5点 |
[03:00] | I offered him a slot to speak on safe-haven laws. He declined. | 我给他机会上台说有关 女性暴力防范法,他拒绝了 |
[03:04] | – He hardly ever takes photo-ops with me. – He always takes photo-ops with you. | -他从没要求我跟他一起拍照 -他总是跟你一起拍照 |
[03:08] | Yes. Yes, he does. | 对他是有 |
[03:10] | But he never runs them in his congressional newsletter. | 但他从没放在他的国会通讯报上 |
[03:14] | How do you like them apples? | 你感觉怎么样? |
[03:15] | We’re gonna stop with the apples soon, right? | 不要再问我了,可以吗? |
[03:18] | Admit you’re wrong and his relationship with me… | 承认你错了 还有他跟我的关系 |
[03:21] | …has nothing to do with politics. – I admit it. | -跟政治完全无关 -我承认 |
[03:30] | – Do you mean it? – No! Of course I’m right. | -你说真的? -不!我当然是对的 |
[03:33] | Your relationship has everything to do with politics. He’s a power dater. | 你们的关系完全跟政治有关 他只跟有力人士约会 |
[03:36] | That’s what power daters do. Know how I know? | 那就是他们干的事 你知道为什么我知道吗? |
[03:39] | – Because you’re a power dater? – Right. | -因为你只跟有力人士约会? -对 |
[03:41] | You know how I know that you’re wrong? | 你知道为什么我知道 你错了? |
[03:43] | Because you saw his soul and confronted him in a moment of honesty? | 因为你看他的灵魂 并在最诚实的瞬间看见他? |
[03:47] | – Right. – Then he was sure to tell the truth. | -对 -然后他就告诉你实话 |
[03:49] | – Well, he didn’t have to. – Why? | -那没必要 -为什么? |
[03:51] | Because he asked me to marry him. | 因为他要我嫁给他 |
[03:58] | – How do you like them apple…? – No. | -你感觉怎么? -不 |
[04:04] | – He asked you to marry him? – Yes. | -他要你嫁给他? -对 |
[04:06] | – Want me to talk you out of it? – You don’t have to. I said no. | -你要我说服你不要嫁吗? -没必要,我已经拒绝了 |
[04:09] | – Good. – I told him we shouldn’t see each other. | -很好 -我告诉他我们应该停止见面 |
[04:13] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的? -对 |
[04:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:18] | – Now you’re nervous. – No, I’m not. | -现在你开始紧张了 -我才没有 |
[04:20] | You and I have spent four nights together. | 我们已经相处了四个晚上 |
[04:22] | I didn’t break up with him for you. | 我可不是为了你跟他分手 |
[04:24] | I’m not pathetic, stalking woman who, you know, does things. | 我不是那种占有欲强 会做怪事的可悲女人 |
[04:29] | We spent six nights with each other. | 我们已经相处了六个晚上 |
[04:32] | – What are you counting? – Count them all. | -你为什么在算? -我每天都算 |
[04:34] | – It was four. – He just up and proposed? | -是四个 -他就这样求婚? |
[04:36] | – Yes, Hamlet, it’s called being decisive. – No, Ophelia, it’s called a political asset. | -是的,哈姆雷特,这叫做果决 -不,奥菲利亚,这叫做政治资产 |
[04:41] | – What does it matter now? – It doesn’t. | -现在又有何差别? -没有 |
[04:47] | That’s all you’re gonna say? | 这就是你要说的话? |
[04:48] | I’ll say more when you call me in 30 seconds from your cell phone. | 如果你30秒后用手机打给我 我会说更多 |
[04:57] | You know, for the most insecure guy I’ve ever met… | 你知道 以一个最没安全感的男人来说 |
[05:00] | …you’re pretty sure of yourself. – Call me from your cell phone. | -你对自己还蛮有自信的 -用手机打给我 |
[05:04] | That’s where the real conversation always takes place. | 通常真正的对话 都是在手机里发生的 |
[05:07] | You can’t afford pajamas that fit? | 你买不起合身的睡衣? |
[05:11] | – It’s laundry day. – I’ll see you. | -今天是洗衣日 -待会见 |
[05:28] | Time number one was on the steps in front of my apartment. | 第一次,是在我公寓阶梯前 |
[05:31] | You kissed me. It was snowing. | 你吻我,天空正在下雪 |
[05:32] | Time number two was when you came over after the State of the Union. | 第二次,你在国情咨文后来找我 |
[05:36] | Number three was at your house. You put on a tape of the Stones… | 第三次,是你家 你在温柏利体育场 |
[05:39] | …at Wembley Stadium, put on a feather boa… | 放摇滚乐 披上一件羽毛围巾 |
[05:42] | … and sang”Honky Tonk Women.” | 然后唱“我是火辣女子” |
[05:43] | Time number four involved a variety of hosiery… | 第四次 会用到很多男袜 |
[05:47] | Josh, I’m gonna stop you right here, okay? | 乔西,我要就此打住你的话 好吗? |
[05:51] | – Leo? – Yeah. | -里奥? -对 |
[05:53] | Anybody else in the office? | 还有谁在房间? |
[05:55] | – Hey, Josh. – Hey, Margaret. | -嗨,乔西 -嗨,玛格丽特 |
[05:58] | We’ve got a problem in Vieques and a caucus in lowa. | 我们在威齐斯碰上问题 还要在爱荷华开政党会议 |
[06:01] | Why don’t you come on in to work. | 你也该来上班了 |
[06:03] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[06:05] | … to go unchallenged. | 没有人挑战 主演:罗伯洛 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[06:53] | Iowa will cast the first ballots as the presidential primary season… | 爱荷华将印制出 总统初选的选票 |
[06:57] | … officially gets underway. | 目前已经在进行中 (凌晨5点40分) |
[07:00] | President Bartlet, unchallenged in the Democratic Caucus… | 巴特勒总统 民主党政党会议一致通过提名 |
[07:03] | … arrives in Cedar Rapids today. On the Republican side… | 已在今天抵达雪杉溪 而在共和党方面 |
[07:06] | … Governor Ritchie looks to be the front-runner in the primary. | 州长李奇似乎是 初选的先发跑者 |
[07:09] | I’m on the plane. | 我在飞机上 |
[07:12] | No, I’m on the plane. | 不,我在飞机上 |
[07:16] | I’ll be coming back tonight. It’s just for the day. | 我今晚会回去 只是白天不在 |
[07:21] | No, it’s just for the day, Dad. We’re coming back tonight. | 不,我白天不会在,爸 我们今晚会回去 |
[07:26] | I won’t be tired. | 我不会太累 |
[07:30] | I’ll sleep if I’m tired, but I won’t be tired. | 如果我累了就睡 但是我不会累 |
[07:34] | Because we’re coming back at 8:00, and I don’t get tired at 8:00. | 因为我们8点就会抵达 而且我不会在8点感到累 |
[07:39] | Plus, I won’t be the one flying the plane. | 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 而且我也不是一个人坐飞机 |
[07:43] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[07:45] | Dad, because this is how it is. | 制片:亚力克葛拉夫斯 爸,因为事情就是这样 |
[07:47] | If it’s in the 48 states, we come back the same day. | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 不管我们在哪一州 我们都会在同一天回去 |
[07:50] | The taxpayers paid for a very comfortable and fast airplane… | 纳税人纳的税就是要提供 舒适又快速的飞机 |
[07:53] | …and this is what they had in mind when they did. | 他们纳税的时候 就是这么想的 |
[07:57] | Am I gonna…? | 难道要我? |
[07:59] | No. | 不 |
[08:03] | Because I don’t live in lowa, I’m not allowed to vote there. | 因为我不住爱荷华 因为我不准在那里投票 |
[08:07] | See, there’s always a catch. | 你看,这就是条件 |
[08:10] | Well, he’s unchallenged in the lowa Caucus, so I like our chances. | 他在爱荷华政党会议里一致通过 我觉得胜算很大 |
[08:22] | No, Dad, I’m on the plane. | 不,爸,我在飞机上 |
[08:27] | All right, I’ll try and call you later if there’s anything interesting to report. | 好吧,如果有有趣的事发生 我再打给你 |
[08:33] | Talk to you later. | 待会再说 |
[08:38] | Mr. President, ladies and gentlemen, good morning. | 总统先生,各位先生女士 早安 |
[08:41] | This is Lieutenant Colonel Gantry. We’re passing through turbulence… | 我是机长柯尼尔甘提 我们正要通过乱流 |
[08:45] | … on our way to a cruising altitude of 41,000 feet. | 现在位置为高度4万1千尺 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[08:49] | Our flight plan this morning will take us over Wheeling and Toledo… | 今天的航行路线将经过 威林与托雷多 |
[08:52] | … the south shore of Lake Michigan and over Aurora, Illinois… | 密西根湖南湾 以及伊利诺奥罗拉市 |
[08:55] | … before we make our final approach to Eastern lowa Airport in Cedar Rapids. | 编剧:凯文福尔斯,艾伦索金 航行目的地为 雪杉溪的东爱荷华机场 |
[09:00] | Our flight time today is one hour and 52 minutes. | 今天航行时间为一小时52分 |
[09:05] | Is it possible we’re riding into town in a soy-diesel bus? | 我们今天该不是要搭巴士 进城吧? |
[09:08] | There was talk of it, but that idea got killed off. | 我是听过 但这主意被封杀了 |
[09:11] | – Okay. – I’m gonna go back there. | 编剧:金恩史柏龄 -好吧 -我要回去了 |
[09:12] | You zeroed in on a message for the day? | 你拿到今天的重要讯息了吗? |
[09:14] | How to reform the Freedom to Farm Act? | 如何改革农场自由法案? |
[09:17] | – Ritchie’s pulled into single digits. – I saw. | 导演:亚力克葛拉夫斯 -李奇的支持率不到10% -我看到了 |
[09:20] | What a gift from heaven it would be if he won. | 他凭什么认为他会赢 |
[09:24] | – Yeah. – So the 4-H Convention… . | -是啊 -那4H会议中心 |
[09:26] | – I’m not going. – I don’t get it. | -我不去 -我不懂 |
[09:28] | – How can you not see the butter cow? – I’m that way. | -你怎么可以错过奶油牛? -我就是这样 |
[09:30] | You understand it’s a life-size cow made entirely of butter. | 你可知道那是真牛大小的牛 完全用奶油制成 |
[09:34] | – We’re not going. – There’s a butter Elvis, Last Supper… | -我们不去 -有奶油猫王、奶油最后晚餐 |
[09:36] | …which has, I swear to God, Toby… . | 上面甚至还有我发誓 |
[09:40] | – Butter on the table? – Butter on the table! | -桌上的奶油? -桌上的奶油! |
[09:42] | Between butter James and butter Peter. | 就在奶油詹姆斯跟奶油彼得中间 |
[09:44] | An almost mind-blowing vortex of art and material… | 简直是让人炫目的 物质艺术杰作 |
[09:47] | …that dares the viewer to recall Marcel Duchamp. | 让观看者想起马歇尔杜象 |
[09:49] | – How do they keep it from melting? – How indeed? | -他们怎么维持奶油不溶化? -说真的? |
[09:52] | – Toby, you have a call in the staff cabin. – Thank you. | -托比,办公室有电话找你 -谢谢 |
[09:59] | Butter, butter, butter. | 奶油、奶油、奶油、奶油 |
[10:05] | This is signal operator number 41. | 我是接线员41号 |
[10:07] | I have a call from Mr. Seaborn at the White House. | 有一通来自白宫希朋先生的电话 |
[10:10] | – Thank you. – Duchamp was the father of Dadaism. | -谢谢 -杜象是达达主义之父 |
[10:14] | – I know. – The dada of Dada. | -我知道 -达达的达达 |
[10:17] | There’s nothing to do about that joke. It comes, and you just stand there. | 我可不是在说笑话 电话来了,你就站在这儿 |
[10:21] | The cow made out of butter? That’s how I like my irony served, my friend. | 用奶油作成的牛? 那就是我的幽默,吾友 |
[10:25] | I have a phone call that’s being relayed through four satellites. | 我正在接一通由 四颗卫星转接的电话 |
[10:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:36] | – Yeah? – Hey. | -喂? -嗨 |
[10:38] | I’m gonna guess where you are, okay? | 我先猜你在哪里好吗? |
[10:40] | – Okay. -Wheels-up was 5:35… | -好啊 -你们是5点35分起飞 |
[10:43] | …heading west-northwest. | 飞向西北西 |
[10:45] | You’re not at cruising altitude yet. | 现在还没到航行高度 |
[10:47] | I’m gonna say an average of 400 knots with a light headwind. | 我猜大约是平均4百结度 轻微顶风 |
[10:50] | – Cumberland, West Virginia. Am I right? – I have no idea. | -西维吉尼亚坎柏兰郡对吧? -我完全不知道 |
[10:53] | Then we’ll say I’m right. Listen, do you remember Bob Engler? | 那就算我对 听着,你记得鲍伯英格勒? |
[10:56] | -No. – I met with him a few years ago… | -不 -我几年前遇过他 |
[10:59] | …from U.S. Space Command. | 在美国空军指挥部 |
[11:00] | He told you they were tracking a UFO over Maui? | 他告诉你他们在茂伊岛 搜寻幽浮对吧? |
[11:03] | Yes. Do you have any idea why I have another appointment with him today? | 对,你知道为什么 我今天下午要跟他见面吗? |
[11:07] | -I don ‘t. – Okay. | -不知道 -好吧 |
[11:09] | Listen. Ritchie made a statement last night… | 听着,李奇昨晚宣布 |
[11:13] | …in support of the Pennsylvania referendum… | 支持宾州公投 |
[11:15] | …banning use of race in college admissions. | 禁止在大学注册使用种族优惠 |
[11:18] | I think the president should say something at the UI campus. | 我想总统应该在爱荷华大学 发表演说 |
[11:21] | – About affirmative action? -Yeah. | -像是平等就学就业法案? -对 |
[11:23] | – He shouldn’t. – Why? | -他不应该 -为什么? |
[11:24] | Ritchie’s not gonna be the Republican nominee for president. | 李奇不会是共和党的总统提名人 |
[11:27] | Write up a few sentences and send it to the plane right away. | 写下我们该回应的话 马上送到飞机上来 |
[11:30] | – Yeah. -Okay. | -好 -好吧 |
[11:36] | – Hi. – Good morning. | -嗨 -早安 |
[11:38] | – I’m a little tired today. – Really? | -我今天有点累 -真的? |
[11:40] | – Yeah. – From the lovemaking? | -对 -做太多爱? |
[11:43] | I’m supposed to see Leo. | 我应该要去见里奥 |
[11:45] | I need a favor. I need you to get me out of jury duty. | 我需要你帮个忙 帮我甩掉陪审员通知 |
[11:48] | – Why? – Because I have jury duty. | -为什么? -因为我接到陪审员通知 |
[11:51] | – When? – Tomorrow. | -何时? -明天 |
[11:53] | Why don’t you wait till we’re closer and ask me again. | 你为什么不晚一点再问我 |
[11:56] | – Can you do it? – No. | -你可以帮忙吗? -不 |
[11:57] | – Why not? – What kind of legal authority… | -为什么? -你以为我有哪种 |
[12:00] | …do you think I’m empowered with? – You’re powerful. | -法律权威的权力吗? -你是有力人士 |
[12:03] | You get… Yes. Thank you. | 你有是的,谢谢 |
[12:05] | – You get deferrals, don’t you? – Only four. | -你不是可以延期? -只有四次 |
[12:08] | – And? – I’ve used them all up. | -然后呢? -我全用光了 |
[12:11] | It looks like justice is in your hands. | 看来正义终于降临了 |
[12:13] | I don’t want it in my hands. I’m seeing somebody. | 我不想处理正义 我要约会 |
[12:15] | There’s nothing I can do for you. | 我什么忙也帮不上 |
[12:17] | I’m surprised. You’re such a powerful man. | 真叫我惊讶 你是非常有力的人士 |
[12:19] | All the girls say so. Been zapped of your power by the lovemaking? | 所有的女孩都这么说 你的精力全用在做爱上了? |
[12:24] | She’s… I don’t… | 她是我不 |
[12:26] | He’s waiting for you. | 他正在等你 |
[12:30] | – Hey. – What’s going on in Vieques? Protesters? | -嗨 -威齐斯发生什么事?抗议者? |
[12:32] | Yeah. Something like five ships out of the U.S.S. Thurman battle carrier… | 对,有五艘美国舒曼号战舰 |
[12:37] | …steamed in yesterday. | 昨天开回来 |
[12:39] | What they need is final combat certifications… | 他们需要最后演习批准书 |
[12:41] | …before they can be deployed to the Indian Ocean, where they’re needed now. | 才能开往印度海做军事部署 那是紧急任务 |
[12:45] | They need to do ship-to-shore gunnery and air-to-ground bombing exercises… | 他们要进行船至岸的枪炮演习 跟空对地的轰炸演习 |
[12:50] | …before they’re certified. They can’t go until certified. | 在得到批准之前 他们不能出发 |
[12:53] | – Okay. – All right. So some 40 protesters… | -好吧 -好吧,大约有40名抗议者 |
[12:56] | …have planted themselves in the live target range. | 坐在轰炸目标范围内 |
[12:59] | Sorry. Why am l…? This is national security. | 抱歉,为什么我要? 这是国家安全 |
[13:02] | One of the protesters, in fact the leader, apparently is a friend of yours. | 抗议者领袖似乎是你的朋友 |
[13:06] | – Billy. – Yeah. | -比利 -对 |
[13:09] | – Arrest him, it’s what he’s waiting for. – He’s a known actor… | -那就逮捕他,那是他要的 -他是个知名演员 |
[13:12] | …a well-loved young man in the Hispanic community. | 也是西班牙社群中 最受欢迎的年轻演员 |
[13:15] | He’s with other men from the Hispanic community. | 他跟来自西班牙社群 的其他人在一起 |
[13:17] | – Wait them out. – They got supplies. We don’t have time. | -等他们离开 -他们有后援,我们没时间了 |
[13:20] | He’s got a cell phone. We’ve got the number. | 他有手机 我们有号码 |
[13:22] | No. | 不要 |
[13:24] | – Yeah. – Leo, if I wasn’t working here… | -对 -里奥,如果我不在这儿工作 |
[13:28] | …I’d probably be with him down there. – Yeah, but you’re working here. | -我可能也跟他一起坐在那儿 -是啊,不过你在这儿工作 |
[13:32] | This is a crappy thing to do with friendship. | 这种鸟事会把友谊毁掉 |
[13:36] | – Things aren’t supposed to be personal. – We’re at DEFCON-4. | -这种事不应该扯上个人 -这是黑箱会议 |
[13:39] | I’m sorry, we’re arranging the call. | 抱歉,我们已经在安排电话了 |
[13:44] | Check a whip count, but I don’t think we’d get 60 votes on a cloture motion. | 先看看在野党的票数,但我想 提付表决终止讨论不会有60票 |
[13:47] | We lose eight Democrats who don’t wanna spend capital on foreign aid. | 我们失去8个民主党员 因为他们不赞成外援 |
[13:51] | We lose eight Democrats once they find there is a foreign-aid budget. | 他们一发现有外援预算就可以走 |
[13:54] | – Anything else? – Thank you, Mr. President. | -还有事吗? -谢谢,总统先生 |
[14:03] | What’s up? | 什么事? |
[14:05] | Well, Ritchie made a statement last night… | 李奇昨晚发表宣言 |
[14:08] | …in support of the referendum in Pennsylvania. | 支持宾州公投 |
[14:10] | Sam’s gonna work on a few lines in response. | 山姆会写一些回应的话 |
[14:13] | If he makes statements that force me left, I don’t gotta swing at every pitch. | 如果他的宣言逼我离开 我就不用在每个句尾上扬了 |
[14:18] | Everybody thinks it’ll be Simon. | 大家都认为会是赛门 |
[14:20] | You and I know different. | 你跟我知道其中差异 |
[14:22] | Overnights have Ritchie in single digits. | 昨晚李奇支持率不到10% |
[14:24] | Every candidate’s dream opponent, huh? | 是所有候选人的理想对手吧? |
[14:26] | – Yeah. – I’ll take a look at what Sam does. | -对 -我会看看山姆写的话 |
[14:29] | – We should respond. – I’ll take a look at it. | -我们应该回应 -我会过目 |
[14:35] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[14:42] | The race officially began today as the lowa Caucus got underway. | 当爱荷华政党会议开始进行时 选战就在今天正式开跑 (凌晨6点26分) |
[14:49] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[14:51] | – What’s going on? – I’m waiting for a phone call. | -怎么了? -我正在等电话 |
[14:54] | I mean, in Vieques. | 我是说威齐斯的事 |
[14:56] | Billy Molina and some people ran the Coast Guard line. | 比利莫里那跟一些人 正在海岸巡逻线抗议 |
[14:59] | They’re camped in the live target range. A carrier has to fire on the range… | 他们在轰炸目标区露营 一艘运输舰必须朝目标开跑 |
[15:03] | …or they can’t be certified and can’t be deployed. | 否则他们就得不到批准 就不能军事部署 |
[15:06] | And they have to be deployed. | 而他们需要军事部署 |
[15:08] | – So they’re hooking you up with Billy? – Yeah. | -所以他们要你去跟比利谈? -对 |
[15:11] | It’s a strange day when I’m involved with national security. | 今天真是奇怪的一天 我居然跟国家安全扯上关系 |
[15:14] | I was thinking the same thing. | 我也在想同一件事 |
[15:16] | – You know what else? – What? | -你知道还有一件事吗? -什么? |
[15:18] | Tandy asked Amy to marry him. | 谭迪跟艾咪求婚 |
[15:24] | – Seriously? – She said no. | -真的? -她拒绝了 |
[15:28] | Yeah. | 对 |
[15:36] | – That happened fast, don’t you think? – No, no. | -这发生的太快了,你不觉得吗? -不 |
[15:39] | – Don’t do this. – What? | -别这么做 -什么? |
[15:41] | – I recognize this. – As what? | -我看得出来 -什么? |
[15:44] | She didn’t break up with him for you. I guarantee. | 她不是为了你跟他分手 我保证 |
[15:47] | She is a fully independent woman. She’s the real thing. | 她是个完全独立的女性 她是玩真的 |
[15:51] | Stop looking at her differently than yesterday. | 别用不同于昨天的眼光看她 |
[15:54] | I just said it was fast. | 我只是说这发生的太快了 |
[15:55] | Next, you’ll find reason to be mad at her. | 然后你就会找出 对她火大的原因 |
[15:58] | – You’re wrong. – Guys like you? | -你错了 -你这种男人? |
[15:59] | – Yeah? – I’m one of them. | -怎样? -我也是其中一个 |
[16:01] | – Josh? – Yeah. | -乔西? -对 |
[16:03] | He’s on. | 他在线上了 |
[16:06] | Billy, it’s Josh. | 比利,我是乔西 |
[16:08] | Okay, just tell me a couple things first. | 好吧,先告诉我几件事 |
[16:11] | Is everybody okay? Is anybody hurt? | 大家都好吧?有人受伤吗? |
[16:13] | “The American dream is opportunity. | “美国梦就是机会 |
[16:15] | Together we must give every child the chance to reach for his or her dreams. | 我们必须一起努力 给每一个孩子达到梦想的机会 |
[16:22] | This is why we must ensure the opportunity is real… | 这就是为什么我们必须确保 机会是真实的 |
[16:24] | …that the dream is neither deferred nor denied… | 梦想不会被拖延 也不会被拒绝 |
[16:27] | …that hope isn’t a privilege for the few…” This is Sam’s? | 希望不是某些人的特权” 这是山姆写的? |
[16:30] | No, I reworked it. | 不,我重写过 |
[16:33] | “But a promise for all generations to follow.” | “而是各世代必须遵守的承诺” |
[16:37] | I’ve read it. I don’t know where you stand on affirmative action. | 我看过了,我看不出来 哪里有平等就学就业法案 |
[16:41] | – I was trying to avoid a quote. – As well as nouns and pronouns. | -我故意不要引用细节 -还有很多名词跟代名词 |
[16:44] | It’s purposely nonspecific. | 这是故意避免明确字眼 |
[16:47] | – I don’t know what we’re talking about. – We get word to friends… | -我不懂我们在说什么 -我们跟朋友们宣布 |
[16:50] | …I was nodding in the direction of affirmative action. | 我同意平等就学就业法案 |
[16:53] | How about if we oppose it… | 那要不要我们反对法案 |
[16:55] | …then get word out you were kidding? – Nobody’s questioning where we stand. | -让大家看出来你在开玩笑? -没有人质疑我们的立场 |
[16:59] | I don’t wanna campaign today! | 我今天不想搞选战! |
[17:03] | – What happened to writing a new book? – We will, but we don’t… | -那写一本新书如何? -我们会写,但不要 |
[17:07] | Man, we don’t have to piss people off every day… | 天哪 我们没必要每天把人气死 |
[17:10] | …in order to demonstrate that we’re not… | 只为了表明我们不是 |
[17:14] | – Yes. – We’re going to lowa… | -是的 -我们要去爱荷华 |
[17:15] | …where we won. I’m not ignoring the state. | 我们获胜的州 我不会忽视他们 |
[17:18] | I say,”Thanks for getting me elected,” and we’re back on the plane. | 我会说“谢谢你们投我一票” 然后就回飞机上 |
[17:21] | I don’t think it’s a good idea for us to fight for news coverage… | 我觉得跟一群州长、参议员 还有“我恨你”教堂的神父 |
[17:25] | …with governors, senators and the head of the church of”I Hate You.” | 一起抢新闻镜头 不会是个好主意 |
[17:29] | Let’s just get in under the radar. | 我们就消失在雷达下吧 |
[17:34] | – Yes, sir. – I’ll say a few words. | -是的,长官 -我会说一些话 |
[17:37] | – Yes, sir. – That’s it. | -是的,长官 -就这样 |
[17:38] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[18:01] | What did he say? | 他说了什么? |
[18:05] | They say something in the primary that forces us left so we… | 他们在初选说了一些 逼我们离开的话,所以我们 |
[18:09] | – Is that how it works? – Yes. | -事情是这样进行吗? -对 |
[18:10] | – Tell me more, Obi-Wan. – I’m saying… | -再告诉我多一点,欧比王 -我是说 |
[18:12] | He’s going to a college. It’s a good time to talk about affirmative action… | 他要去大学演说,这是提 平等就学就业法案的好时机 |
[18:16] | …when it comes to admissions. | 当这跟学费有关时 |
[18:19] | Yeah. | 对 |
[18:24] | What? | 什么? |
[18:26] | Our fathers didn’t need affirmative action. | 我们的父亲都不需要 平等就学就业法案 |
[18:28] | – And they were children of immigrants. – Our fathers needed the GI Bill. | -他们是移民后代 -他们需要退伍军人法案 |
[18:33] | – I’m the wrong Democrat to talk to. – Why? | -你找错民主党员谈这件事了 -为什么? |
[18:36] | Because… . | 因为 |
[18:42] | After my father fought in Korea, he became… | 在我父亲打完韩战后 他变成 |
[18:44] | …what the government begs every graduate to become. | 政府拜托所有毕业生 担任的职业 |
[18:47] | He became a teacher, and he raised a family on a teacher’s salary… | 他变成老师 并且用老师的薪水抚养家庭 |
[18:51] | …and he paid his taxes and crossed at the green. | 他纳税,维持温饱 |
[18:54] | Any time there was opportunity for career advancement… | 每次有机会升迁 |
[18:56] | …it took him extra time because there was a less qualified black woman. | 就必须耗上更多时间,因为 有个能力不足的黑人女性在等 |
[19:00] | So instead of retiring as superintendent… | 所以他无法以 俄亥俄谷联盟自由高中校区 |
[19:04] | …of the Ohio Valley Union Free School District… | 的最高监督员身份退休 |
[19:06] | …he retired head of the math department… | 而是以 威廉亨利哈里逊中学 |
[19:08] | …at William Henry Harrison Junior High. | 的数学主任身分退休 |
[19:20] | – How is he these days? – Who? | -他这些日子以来还好吧? -谁? |
[19:22] | Your dad. | 你爸 |
[19:27] | He’s fine. | 他很好 |
[19:36] | – We got cut off. – We know. | -我们被中断了 -我们知道 |
[19:38] | Cell phone went dead. They have to recharge it. | 手机没电了 他们必须充电 |
[19:40] | They need a solar recharger. That takes a few hours. | 他们需要太阳能充电器 那需要几个小时 |
[19:43] | – Why a few hours? – For the weather to clear. | -为什么要几个小时? -等天空晴朗 |
[19:46] | When you get back on the phone, we’d like you to stand tougher. | 当你回到线上 我们希望你立场能更坚定 |
[19:49] | – Excuse me? – I said, we’d… | -什么? -我说 |
[19:50] | – Then you get on the phone. – Look… | -那你自己谈 -听着 |
[19:52] | This isn’t a hostage situation. It’s a protest. | 这不是人质挟持事件 这是示威抗议 |
[19:55] | – One where… – You… Excuse me, sir. | -该场所 -你抱歉,长官 |
[19:57] | You’re free to arrest or shoot them, but we won’t, because it’s bad politics. | 你有自由逮捕或射击他 但我们不会,因为这对名声不好 |
[20:01] | – Remember what the thing is here. – This is not the time to protest. | -还记得我们的最高原则吧 -现在不是抗议的时候 |
[20:05] | Puerto Rico lived under Spain for four centuries, under the U.S. for one. | 波多黎各被西班牙统治了四百年 被美国统治一百年 |
[20:08] | In 500 years, it hasn’t determined its own destiny for five minutes. | 在这五百年中 他们从没为自己做过一次决定 |
[20:12] | They’re using depleted uranium shells, napalm, cluster bombs. | 他们使用空铀弹 汽油弹、榴散弹 |
[20:15] | Vieques has a cancer rate 25 percent higher than the rest of Puerto Rico! | 威齐斯的患癌症率是25% 比波多黎各还高! |
[20:19] | When is the time to protest? I’ll tell them. They’ll do it. | 何时才是抗议的时间? 我会叫他们去抗议 |
[20:22] | We’ll need you in a few hours. | 我们再过几个小时会需要你 |
[20:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:32] | One hundred anti-choice votes. I’m not fine with it. | 一百张票赞成反��胎 我不能接受 |
[20:37] | A Congress that votes to ban late-term abortions… | 一个禁止晚期��胎的国会 |
[20:40] | …even when a woman’s life is in danger. | 即使已经危及孕妇生命 |
[20:43] | Affordable daycare is a contradiction in terms. | 合理价位的看护 也已经自相矛盾 |
[20:46] | Gag rules and old men who think women’s issues should be the subject… | 搞噱头的规定跟这些 认为女性议题应该是 |
[20:51] | …of PTA meetings and not the U.S. House of Representatives. | 家长会的主题,而不是 美国众议院主题的老家伙们 |
[20:54] | I’m not fine with it. The WLC’s not fine with it. | 我不能接受 女性联盟也不能接受 |
[20:57] | Women aren’t fine with it. | 女性全都不能接受 |
[21:01] | It’s really something every two years we get to overthrow the government. | 这种事真的会让我们 每两年就想推翻政府一次 |
[21:05] | Guess what’s coming up in November? | 你知道十一月会发生什么事吗? |
[21:07] | In 10 months, we can make the difference. | 再过10个月 我们就能做出大改变 |
[21:09] | Let’s get out the vote, get ourselves organized. | 我们一起去投票 把女性们组织起来 |
[21:12] | Let’s get the Congress we deserve. Thank you, and may God bless America. | 还我们一个应得的国会 谢谢,天佑美国 |
[21:31] | – Hi. | – Hi. -嗨 -嗨 |
[21:34] | – Hear the whole thing? – I heard you overthrow the government. | -你全听到了? -我听到你说要推翻政府 |
[21:37] | – That’s always money in the bank. – Tell me about it. | -我总会预留后路 -那还用说 |
[21:40] | Hey, guys, could I have the room for a minute? | 各位 麻烦回避一下好吗? |
[21:48] | Is there someone who can take care of Henry? | 有人在照顾亨利吗? |
[21:54] | – What do you have against Henry? – Nothing. I love Henry. | -你有什么要反对亨利的? -没有,我爱亨利 |
[21:58] | Who takes care of him when you go away? | 你离开时,谁在照顾他? |
[22:01] | – I leave him with my sister. – What do you think about going away? | -我把他留给我姐姐 -你想不想逃离这里? |
[22:06] | – Where? – Tahiti or Paris. | -去哪? -大溪地或巴黎 |
[22:10] | Venice. We can go to Epcot if you want. | 威尼斯,如果你想 也可以去迪士尼乐园 |
[22:13] | – Tahiti? – Lie on the beach, dance at night… | -大溪地? -躺在沙滩上,在月光下漫舞 |
[22:16] | …reggae, a little UB40. – Reggae’s the Caribbean. | -雷鬼音乐,一点UB40 -雷鬼音乐在加勒比海 |
[22:20] | – They don’t have reggae in Tahiti? – We should find out. | -大溪地没有? -我们应该去调查 |
[22:24] | – I’m sorry? – I said, I think we should find out. | -什么? -我说,我认为我们该去调查 |
[22:28] | – We should. – When? | -我们应该 -何时? |
[22:31] | – Day after tomorrow. – Okay. | -后天 -好吧 |
[22:33] | – Okay. | – Okay. -好吧 -好吧 |
[22:36] | I’ll buy tickets, make reservations. | 我会买机票订房间 |
[22:38] | – Go. – I’m going. | -去啊 -我要走了 |
[22:40] | – Not going fast enough. – When I walk out… | -不够快 -我一走出去 |
[22:42] | …I’m buying plane tickets. – When I walk out, I’m buying bikinis. | -就要去买机票 -我一走出去,就要买比基尼 |
[22:47] | I’m going fast now. | 我现在要跑了 |
[22:51] | Mr. President, can you speak on the environmental impact on water? | 总统先生,可以请你谈谈 环境对水的影响? |
[22:54] | Well, farming isn ‘t the only cause or even the main cause… | 耕作不是唯一或主要的原因 |
[22:58] | … but it’s a significant land use in watersheds and runoff… | 但是这是分水岭与河川 的重要土地利用 |
[23:01] | … and dairy operations from hog and poultry operations. | 还有猪只与家禽业 |
[23:04] | They can be carried into drinking water by rainfall and snowmelt. | 这些污染可以经由雨水或融雪 进入饮用水 |
[23:07] | It’s what’s called nonpoint source pollution. | 这又叫做非点源污染 |
[23:12] | -Yeah, over here. -Mr. President… | -那边那一位 -总统先生 |
[23:14] | … Donald Atwell, lowa City Standard. | 唐纳埃威尔,爱荷华城市报 |
[23:16] | Governor Ritchie came out this morning in support… | 州长李奇今晨宣布他将支持 |
[23:18] | … of the Pennsylvania referendum banning affirmative action… | 停止平等就学就业法案 跟大学学费有关的 |
[23:22] | … with regard to college admission, and I was wondering if you’d comment? | 宾州公投案 我想知道您的意见? |
[23:25] | You know what? Now that we’ve abolished discrimination in our laws… | 你知道吗?既然我们已经 废止法律中的种族歧视 |
[23:29] | … we need to abolish it in our hearts and minds. | 我们也必须摈弃自己心中的歧视 |
[23:32] | Thanks a lot, everybody. It’s great to be back in lowa. | 非常谢谢各位 很高兴能回到爱荷华 |
[23:37] | Thanks a lot. | 非常感谢 (下午4点45分) |
[23:48] | Sam? | 山姆? |
[23:51] | – Sam, old man. – Yes. | -山姆,老人家 -就是我 |
[23:53] | I need you to give me voir dire coaching. | 我需要你给我上一堂 预审训练 |
[23:55] | – You wanna be chosen for a jury? – I wanna not be chosen for a jury. | -你想被选为陪审员? -我不想被选为陪审员 |
[23:59] | All right. The lawyers are gonna ask you general questions and… | 好吧,律师会问你一些 简单问题 |
[24:02] | – For instance? – Do you know any reason why… | -例如? -你知道为什么 |
[24:04] | …you can’t render an impartial verdict? – I hate criminals. | -你不能担任公正的裁决人? -我恨罪犯 |
[24:09] | Do you have prejudices or feelings that might influence the jury? | 你有没有偏见或个人感觉 会影响整个陪审团? |
[24:12] | I assume if you’re in a courtroom, you did something wrong. | 我猜如果你在法庭里 做错了一些事 |
[24:16] | – The judge is gonna throw you in jail. – Sam? | -法官会送你进监狱 -山姆? |
[24:21] | Here I go. | 我得走了 |
[24:36] | – Bob? – Sam. | -鲍伯? -山姆 |
[24:49] | – How have you been? – I’ve been well. | -你过得如何? -还不错 |
[24:53] | Hey, you know what? | 你知道吗? |
[24:54] | You remember that UFO you were tracking over Maui? | 你还记得你们在茂伊岛 找幽浮的事吗? |
[24:57] | Turned out to be an abandoned Russian satellite. | 结果只是被丢弃的俄国卫星 |
[25:00] | One of its rockets didn’t fire, so it couldn’t re-enter. | 其中有一个火箭没发射 所以没办法再进入 |
[25:04] | – So you’d have us believe. – No, really. | -这是你们的可信说词 -不,是真的 |
[25:06] | Yes, of course. | 是啊,当然 |
[25:09] | – Why don’t we get to it, Bob. – Absolutely, Sam. | -我们切入正题吧,鲍伯 -当然,山姆 |
[25:12] | On behalf of two congressmen… | 我代表两位议员 |
[25:14] | …I would like permission to tour the U.S. Bullion Depository. | 我想请求允许参观 美国金条托管处 |
[25:18] | – Where’s that? – Fort Knox, Kentucky. | -在哪里? -肯达基州,诺克斯堡 |
[25:20] | – Talk to the Treasury Department. – We have. | -去跟财政部谈 -谈过了 |
[25:22] | And not at all surprisingly, they’ve said no. | 一点也不令人惊讶 他们当然拒绝了 |
[25:25] | – Why do you want to? – It’s been brought to our attention… | -你们为什么想去? -我们最近发现到 |
[25:28] | …that of the 8500 metric tons of gold that are stored there, only 1000 remain. | 原本有8万5千公顿的金条 存在那里,现在只剩1千公顿 |
[25:33] | – Really? – Yes, sir. | -真的? -是的,长官 |
[25:36] | – Who brought it to your attention? – Let’s just say a friend of ours. | -是谁引起你们注意的? -就说是我们的一个朋友吧 |
[25:40] | – Human friend or…? – Sam, I know what you think of me… | -人类朋友或? -山姆,我知道你是怎么看我 |
[25:43] | …and the work I do. I’ve lived with this attitude my whole life. | 跟我们的工作 我一辈子都在跟这种态度对抗 |
[25:46] | My father lived with it too. | 我父亲也是 |
[25:48] | I’m seeking a presidential order for the depository to be audited. | 我会请由总统谕令 查托管处的帐 |
[25:52] | – I’ll pass that along. – I’m sure you will. | -我会传过去 -我相信你会 |
[25:54] | – Bob… – Has the president ever toured the vault? | -鲍伯 -总统曾参观过金库吗? |
[25:57] | – No. – No, only two presidents have. | -没 -没,只有两个总统去过 |
[25:59] | Roosevelt and Truman. | 罗斯福跟杜鲁门 |
[26:01] | You think there’s something funny going on? | 你认为那里有可疑之处吗? |
[26:04] | l, and two congressmen, think the gold has been replaced. | 我跟两位议员都认为 金条已经被掉包了 |
[26:08] | With what? | 用什么? |
[26:15] | I won’t get sucked into this. I won’t. | 我才不要卷入这种事 我不会 |
[26:17] | – The Papoose Lake spacecraft… – No such thing. | -潘波湖太空船 -没这种事 |
[26:19] | …taken from Roswell to Groom Lake in 1947. | 在1947年 从罗斯威尔移往葛伦湖 |
[26:23] | A little piece of land called Area 51, my friend. | 别忘了还有个地方叫第51区 吾友 |
[26:26] | This is Dungeons & Dragons camp all over again. | 简直是魔域飞龙战斗营 |
[26:29] | We tested U-2 planes at Area 51. | 我们在第51区测试U2飞机 |
[26:32] | This is why in ’57, they had to take Papoose to Fort Knox. | 这就是他们在1957年 必须把太空船移到诺克斯堡 |
[26:35] | Ten years ago, the secretary of the Air Force… | 十年前 空军部长 |
[26:38] | …concluded an exhaustive search for records. | 在纪录上进行详尽的研究 |
[26:41] | Oh, I read it. And my father read it. | 我读过了 我父亲也读过 |
[26:44] | The report concluded the activities in the desert… | 该报告指出沙漠中进行的活动 |
[26:46] | …were balloon research. – It was. | -为气球测试 -没错啊 |
[26:49] | – A crew was retrieved. – They were anthropomorphic dummies. | -整批部队被撤走 -他们只是拟人模型 |
[26:52] | Sam, patronize me, laugh at my work… | 山姆,随便你怎么嘲笑我 |
[26:56] | …but please don’t minimize the lifetime my father spent in this pursuit. | 但请不要贬低我跟我父亲 花费一生时光的心血 |
[27:01] | The man had three Ph.D.s. | 我父亲还拥有三个博士学位 |
[27:04] | There were bodies at Roswell Army Airfield Hospital. | 罗斯威尔空军医院 还有外星人尸体 |
[27:12] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[27:18] | – When did your dad pass away? – Pardon? | -你父亲何时过世? -什么? |
[27:21] | – When did he pass away? – Three months ago. | -他何时过世? -三个月前 |
[27:26] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[27:32] | – Listen. – I’m sorry, but I’m in there with this guy. | -听着 -抱歉,但我得先处理这家伙 |
[27:35] | He insists the government is concealing evidence of extraterrestrial contact… | 他坚持政府正在隐瞒 与外星生物接触的证据 |
[27:39] | …and that we’ve got it at Fort Knox. | 而且我们把证据藏在诺克斯堡 |
[27:45] | We made a deal with Billy. They’ll pull off the island right away. | 我们跟比利谈好条件了 他们会马上撤出小岛 |
[27:48] | In exchange, we meet with a delegation, political affairs, Navy… | 交换条件是,我们必须跟 代表、政治事务、军方开会 |
[27:52] | – Won’t look like we caved? – We’ll be slapped by the right. | -这样会不会显得太退缩? -我们会被右翼人士赏一巴掌 |
[27:55] | – But they won’t wanna piss off Latinos. – Good. | -不过他们不想惹西班牙人 -很好 |
[27:57] | You know what else? I’m going to Tahiti with Amy. | 你知道吗? 我要跟艾咪去大溪地 |
[28:01] | – You’re kidding. – Day after tomorrow. | -你在开玩笑 -后天出发 |
[28:03] | – So this guy… – Yeah, the thing is… | -那这家伙 -问题是 |
[28:08] | …he inherited the family business. | 他继承了家族事业 |
[28:10] | I gotta go online and buy Tahitian things. | 我得打电话去买大溪地的票 |
[28:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:25] | – Bob. – Yes? | -鲍伯 -怎么? |
[28:29] | I was just talking to… . | 我刚刚跟 |
[28:32] | Let’s just say I talked to an associate. | 就说我刚刚跟一位同事谈过 |
[28:35] | This associate has higher clearance than I do. | 这位同事的权限比我高 |
[28:39] | And? | 然后? |
[28:41] | You can keep pursuing this, and I imagine you will… | 你可以继续进行请求 我想你也会 |
[28:45] | …but we can’t give you the proper paperwork… | 但我不能发给你 |
[28:48] | …you’ll need to audit the vault. | 批准你审查金库的文件 |
[28:52] | – You understand? – Oh, I think I understand. | -你了解吗? -我想我了解 |
[28:55] | – Do you? – Wink’s as good as a nod to a blind man. | -真的吗? -眨眼就像对盲人点头 |
[29:00] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[29:03] | Listen, these two congressmen, they’re Democrats? | 听着,这两个议员 是民主党员吗? |
[29:09] | I’m not at liberty to say. | 我无权告诉你 |
[29:12] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[29:14] | – Thank you very much. – Thank you, Sam. | -非常感谢 -谢谢,山姆 |
[29:20] | Mr. President, ladies and gentlemen… | 总统先生,各位先生女士 |
[29:23] | … this is Lieutenant Colonel Gantry. | 我是机长柯尼尔甘提 |
[29:25] | We’ll reach our cruising altitude of 37,000 feet… | 我们即将达到航行高度 3万7千尺 |
[29:28] | … in approximately 20 minutes as we pass over Elgin, Illinois… | 大约再过20分钟 我们即将经过伊利诺州艾尔金 |
[29:32] | … Detroit, Akron and McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania… | 底特律、阿克伦与 宾州的麦肯岩 |
[29:35] | … before we begin our final descent to Andrews. | 最后降落在安德鲁 |
[29:38] | -Enjoy the flight. – It’s happening. It is. | -祝您航行愉快 -已经发生了 |
[29:40] | – He was good. – No, he wasn’t. | -他说得很好 -不,才不好 |
[29:42] | – He was what he was supposed to be. – He was Uncle Fluffy. | -他说他该说的话 -他只是毛茸茸大叔 |
[29:45] | – It’s Dr. Jekyll and Uncle Fluffy again. – He didn’t respond to Ritchie. | -他是化身博士兼毛茸茸大叔 -他没有回应李奇 |
[29:48] | – I totally agree that it’s too early. – He was asked the question. | -我完全同意现在还太早 -他被直接问问题 |
[29:52] | He was asked the question. | 他被直接问问题 |
[29:58] | No word on the Republicans? | 对共和党没有意见? |
[30:00] | There’s a poll that has Ritchie pulling even. | 李奇的新民调还是没变 |
[30:03] | That’d be too much to hope for. | 真是夫复何求 |
[30:05] | There’s an old expression. | 有句谚语说: (西班牙语) |
[30:14] | “When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.” | “当神想要处罚我们时 他会实现我们的愿望” |
[30:22] | Anyway, he’s doing it again. | 反正他又来了 |
[30:26] | – You wanted me? – Yeah. It’s set. | -你要见我? -对,安排好了 |
[30:28] | – The meeting? – Yeah. | -会议? -对 |
[30:30] | – Great. Good is gonna come from this. – Maybe. | -很好,应该会有好结果 -也许 |
[30:32] | Maybe, yeah, but how often do you get the…? | 也许,但这种会议通常不会? |
[30:35] | – Yeah. – When’s the meeting? | -是啊 -会议在何时? |
[30:36] | Day after tomorrow. | 后天 |
[30:39] | – You’re kidding. – No. | -你在开玩笑 -没 |
[30:41] | – Perfect. – We wanted to do it right away. | -真棒 -我们想马上进行 |
[30:43] | – Yeah. – What’s the problem? | -是啊 -有什么问题吗? |
[30:45] | – Nothing. – What’s the problem? | -没事 -有什么问题? |
[30:47] | – There’s a woman I’ve been… – Amy Gardner. | -我正在跟一个女 -艾咪嘉纳 |
[30:50] | – Yeah. – I hear things. | -对 -我听到一些事 |
[30:52] | – I know. – I try to forget them quickly. | -我知道 -我试着尽快遗忘 |
[30:54] | We were supposed to… This is ridiculous, but… | 我们本来要 这真是荒谬,不过 |
[30:56] | – We were supposed to go away. – Where? | -我们本来要远走高飞 -去哪? |
[30:59] | It doesn’t matter. We’ve had trouble getting… | 这不重要 我们有问题 |
[31:01] | – Day after tomorrow? – Go. | -后天? -去吧 |
[31:03] | – I can’t. – Go. | -我不能 -去吧 |
[31:06] | I need to be here for this. | 我必须在场 |
[31:08] | – No, you don’t. – Don’t worry about it. | -你不用在场 -别担心 |
[31:10] | My wife lives in my house, I live in a hotel, and this is why. | 我老婆住我家 我住旅馆,这就是原因 |
[31:15] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 |
[31:17] | Well, I’m glad it’s taken care of. | 我很高兴有人处理这件事 |
[31:19] | – I’m glad we got the meeting. – Okay. | -我很高兴会议安排好了 -好吧 |
[31:28] | – Listen. – Yeah. | -听着 -怎样 |
[31:29] | The trick is appearing unsuitable, not just for this… | 难就难在要表现出不适任 不只是对法庭 |
[31:32] | …but for any jury while avoiding a contempt citation. | 还有任何一位陪审员 同时要避免蔑视法庭 |
[31:35] | Wouldn’t you think if I explain that my boss is a lawyer… | 我不如直接说 我老板是个律师 |
[31:38] | …my lawyer’s a lawyer, I’m dating…? – It’s jury duty, not an appendectomy. | -我律师也是,我还跟律师约会 -只是当陪审员,又不是割阑尾 |
[31:42] | It’s jury duty. Do it, don’t do it. If you don’t… | 要做不做随你便 只是如果你不做 |
[31:45] | …you don’t get to complain about the O.J. verdict. | 你就没资格抱怨 运动球员辛普森案件的裁决 |
[32:15] | -Hello? – Amy. | -哈��? -艾咪 |
[32:16] | – Josh? -Yeah. | -乔西? -对 (大溪地语) |
[32:23] | I’ve just said,”Hello, how are you?” in Tahitian. | 我刚刚用大溪地语说 “哈��,你好吗?” |
[32:26] | Now you say: | 现在换你说: |
[32:28] | – Which means,”I am fine.” – I can’t go day after tomorrow. | -也就是“我很好” -我后天不能去 |
[32:33] | – Yeah. – I mean, I can go another time… | -是啊 -我是说,其他时间可以 |
[32:35] | …but I can’t go day after tomorrow. – It was sudden for you. | -但后天不能去 -真是突如其来 |
[32:39] | It was pretty sudden for anybody, Amy. | 对我来说也是,艾咪 |
[32:41] | – You’re the one who asked me. – There was a problem in Vieques today… | -是你邀我的 -今天在威齐斯出事情 |
[32:45] | …and we came to a good resolution. | 我们找出了好办法 |
[32:47] | – There’s a meeting day after tomorrow. – Leo’s making you stay? | -所以后天要开会 -里奥要你留? |
[32:51] | No, he’s not. I wanna stay. | 不,是我自己想留 |
[32:56] | – Okay. -For one, it involves a friend of mine… | -好吧 -这跟我的一位好友有关 |
[32:59] | …and he did something he didn’t wanna do and… . | 他做了一件不想做的事 |
[33:02] | I just wanna make sure his back is covered. | 我只想确定他还有后路 |
[33:04] | – Look, don’t get angry at me. – I’m not. | -听着,别对我发火 -我没有 |
[33:06] | You’re getting preemptively angry with me… | 你先发制人对我发脾气 |
[33:09] | …which assumes I’m other people… | 把我当成外人 |
[33:11] | …and I’d rather be a political asset, if you know what I mean. | 我宁愿我是政治资产 你应该知道什么意思 |
[33:14] | I do. | 我知道 |
[33:16] | When you’re done comparison-shopping, call. | 当你货比三家买好票后 再打给我 |
[33:18] | Well, I’d definitely be waiting by your phone, Josh. Take it easy. | 我绝对会等你电话,乔西 放轻松 |
[33:28] | – Josh? – Yeah. | -乔西? -怎样 |
[33:30] | You might not care, but you officially won the lowa Democratic Caucus. | 你可能不在乎,不过你正式赢得 爱荷华民主党政党会议 |
[33:45] | If the occasional Caucasian loses a promotion… | (晚间9点25分) 如果有白人未获得升迁 |
[33:47] | – We’ll have to agree to disagree. – I don’t like that. Got it? | -我们必须同意不同意的情形 -我不要做,懂吗? |
[33:51] | – Here. – You phoned for research? | -在这里 -你打电话要研究资料? |
[33:52] | This is Washington on the need for a national university. | 这是华盛顿地区要求 开设国立大学 |
[33:55] | – I’m tired. – It’s brief. | -我很累了 -这很短 |
[33:57] | Toby, please. | 托比,拜托 |
[33:59] | “In the general juvenile period of life when friendships are formed… | “在生命中的年轻时期 友谊逐渐形成 |
[34:03] | …and habits established that will stick by one… | 习惯逐渐建立 永远跟随着你 |
[34:05] | …youth from parts of the U. S… | 来自美国各地的每个青年 |
[34:07] | …would be assembled together and would, by degree… | 将同聚一堂,渐渐地 |
[34:10] | …discover there was not just cause for the jealousies and prejudices… | 发现忌妒与偏见 没有存在的理由 |
[34:14] | …which one part of the union invited against one another.” | 却是由整个体制的一部分 引进来使彼此对立” |
[34:18] | He said,”We banished discrimination from our laws… | 他说 “废止法律中的种族歧视 |
[34:20] | …now let’s banish it from our minds and hearts.” | 我们也必须 摈弃自己心中的歧视” |
[34:23] | – Who? – The president. In lowa. | -谁? -总统,在爱荷华 |
[34:25] | He said,”Let’s banish it from our minds and hearts.” | 他说“我们也必须 摈弃自己心中的歧视” |
[34:27] | How does affirmative action do that? | 平等就学就业法案办得到吗? |
[34:29] | – I’m talking about college admissions. – I’m talking about my father. | -我在说大学入学 -我在说我父亲 |
[34:34] | – Why? – Because he’s not doing fine. | -为什么? -因为他过得并不好 |
[34:36] | He forgets things. | 他会忘记事情 |
[34:40] | He forgets things. | 他会忘记事情 |
[34:44] | – He’s not a young guy. – I’m not talking about dates… | -他已经不年轻了 -我说的不是日期 |
[34:47] | …and phone numbers. | 或电话号码 |
[34:50] | – I know. – He forgets what’s going on. | -我知道 -他忘记发生什么事 |
[34:53] | He thought this was the general election today. | 他以为今天是选举日 |
[34:55] | And he snaps back in, but… . | 他有时又很正常,不过 |
[35:02] | And I… . | 我 |
[35:04] | I think sometimes that if he’d… | 有时候我想如果 |
[35:07] | …lived the life he wanted to… . | 他能过他想要的生活 |
[35:13] | He’s gotta watch me bopping around on Air Force One. | 他得看我在空军一号上上下下 |
[35:15] | Hey! Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[35:19] | Have you seen the butter cow at the 4-H Convention? | 你去4H会议中心看过奶油牛了吗? |
[35:21] | I have. And the butter Last Supper with the butter. | 看过了,还有奶油的最后晚餐 桌上还有奶油 |
[35:24] | Yes. | 对 |
[35:26] | Know what the Bob Engler meeting turned out to be? | 你们知道我跟鲍伯英格勒开会 是什么内容吗? |
[35:29] | – UFO guy? – Yeah. He thinks… | -幽浮男? -对,他认为 |
[35:30] | …the government’s keeping alien bodies at the Bullion Depository in Fort Knox. | 政府把外星人尸体 藏在诺克斯堡的金库里 |
[35:35] | What are we keeping in the depository in Fort Knox? | 我们在诺克斯堡藏了什么东西? |
[35:41] | – Soup? – No, seriously. | -汤? -不,说真的 |
[35:42] | There used to be 8500 metric tons of gold there. | 那里本来有8千5百公顿金条 |
[35:45] | – Now most of it’s been moved out. – Yeah. | -现在大部分都被移走了 -对 |
[35:48] | – What’s there now? – I wouldn’t ask a lot of questions. | -现在那里有什么? -我就不会问这么多 |
[35:51] | – What do you mean? – Don’t worry about it. | -什么意思? -别担心 |
[35:56] | Okay. I’m going back to my office. | 好吧,我要回办公室了 |
[36:06] | Call him. | 打给他 |
[36:23] | Coming. | 进来 |
[36:28] | Donna told me to come over. What’s going on? | 唐娜叫我过来 怎么了? |
[36:31] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你来 |
[36:35] | Something’s wrong with the lights. | 我的灯出了点问题 |
[36:38] | Let me feel around for a switch here. | 让我找一下开关 |
[36:58] | You did this? | 这是你做的? |
[37:00] | A little piece of Tahiti right here in Georgetown. | 乔治城的一点大溪地风景 |
[37:04] | Would you like a Samoan Fog Cutter or a Navy Grog? | 你要热带水果酒 还是夏威夷凤梨酒? |
[37:09] | A Samoan Fog Cutter has three kinds of rum… | 热带水果酒有三种兰姆酒 |
[37:12] | …including Bacardi 451. | 包括包卡迪451 |
[37:15] | And… . | 还有 |
[37:17] | The difference between that and a Navy Grog is… | 跟凤梨酒不同的是 |
[37:21] | Did you ask me over to exchange recipes? | 你是不是叫我来 交换调酒配方? |
[37:28] | Should I change? | 我该换吗? |
[37:32] | Into what? | 换什么? |
[37:35] | I remember a pair of big pajamas. | 我记得有一套大睡衣 |
[37:39] | Yeah, good thinking. | 记忆力不错 |
[37:43] | – You can turn on the news, you know. – I don’t wanna turn on news. | -你可以开新闻来听 -我不想知道 |
[37:47] | Just to see how they’re covering lowa. | 看看你在爱荷华的比数如何 |
[37:49] | … by 12 points… | 12点 |
[38:07] | President Bartlet lost by 12 points… | 巴特勒总统的支持率 掉了12点 |
[38:11] | – Sir? – Yeah? | -长官? -怎样? |
[38:12] | Can you see Toby? | 你可以见托比吗? |
[38:15] | – No. – Yes, sir. | -不行 -是的,长官 |
[38:18] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[38:21] | Send him in. | 让他进来 |
[38:30] | – Good evening, sir. – Thought you had gone home. | -晚安,长官 -我以为你回家了 |
[38:33] | I was just watching some of the coverage. | 我只是在看一些报导 |
[38:36] | – It’s gonna be Ritchie. – Yeah. | -应该是李奇 -对 |
[38:38] | – I mean, it’s gonna be Ritchie. – I know. | -我是说,一定是李奇 -我知道 |
[38:42] | It would’ve been… I don’t know, it would have seemed obnoxious. | 应该会我不知道 应该会很讨人厌 |
[38:45] | It would’ve seemed like grandstanding. | 看起来一定很哗众取宠 |
[38:48] | – You want some bourbon? – Thanks. | -来点波本酒? -谢谢 |
[38:51] | What do you think? | 你认为呢? |
[38:53] | I was a telemarketer for about a week. | 我曾当过一周的电话推销员 |
[38:56] | I can’t remember what we were selling, but you worked off a script. | 我忘了我当时卖什么 可是你必须说一段台词 |
[39:00] | “Hi, good evening. My name is… .” | “晚安,我叫” |
[39:03] | And Toby Ziegler was okay for New York. | 托比齐格这名字 在纽约还可以接受 |
[39:06] | But once I got into other time zones, I needed a name… | 但我去到另一个城市时 我需要一个 |
[39:09] | …that wasn’t gonna bother anybody. | 不那么讨人厌的名字 |
[39:12] | Toby, if you have something to say, please say it. | 托比,如果你有话要说 请说出来 |
[39:16] | Ritchie’s good for all time zones. | 李奇在所有时区都没问题 |
[39:20] | My family signed the Declaration of Independence. | 我的家族签署了独立宣言 |
[39:22] | Think I’ve got an ethnicity problem? | 你以为我有民族分离主义问题? |
[39:24] | – A line isn’t between light and dark skin. – Yeah? | -这条界线不在黑白夫色之间 -是吗? |
[39:29] | It’s between educated and masculine. | 而是受教育者与壮汉之间 |
[39:33] | Or Eastern academic elite and plainspoken. | 或东岸学术精英与老粗之间 |
[39:37] | – It’s always been like that. – But a funny thing happened… | -一向如此 -但有趣的事发生了 |
[39:40] | …when the White House got demystified. | 白宫居然被人开导 |
[39:42] | The impression was left anybody could do it. | 我们的形象任人宰割 |
[39:45] | – Tell me something I don’t know. – It’s one thing Ritchie came out… | -告诉我我不知道的事 -李奇站出来支持宾州公投 |
[39:49] | …for the Pennsylvania referendum, but the way he articulated it… . | 是一回事 但是他发表的方式 |
[39:52] | His presence. The clear sign he wasn’t personally engaged with the facts… | 他的存在明显表露出 他个人背景与事实无关 |
[39:56] | His staff was cringing, I promise. And we let it go. | 他的幕僚正在退缩,真的 而我们却让机会跑掉 |
[39:59] | – It wasn’t the moment… – You were asked the question. | -现在不是时候 -你被直接问问题 |
[40:04] | Do you have anything else? | 你还有别的事吗? |
[40:11] | Sir, I don’t think I need to tell you that the level of respect… | 长官,我想我不用告诉你 幕僚谈到你时 |
[40:15] | …with which the staff speaks of you doesn’t change depending on… | 所怀抱的尊敬程度 与你在不在这房间 |
[40:19] | …whether or not you’re in the room. – But? | -并没有关系 -但是? |
[40:22] | Well, there’s always been a concern about the two Bartlets. | 我们一直都很担心 这两个巴特勒的问题 |
[40:28] | The absent-minded professor with the”Aw, Dad” sense of humor… | 一个是心不在焉的教授 有种老爹式的幽默 |
[40:32] | …disarming, unthreatening, good for all time zones. | 没有武装、没有威胁感 在所有城市都行得通 |
[40:37] | And the Nobel Laureate… | 另一个是诺贝尔桂冠诗人 |
[40:40] | …still searching for salvation. Lonely, frustrated. Lethal. | 仍在寻求救赎 寂寞、沮丧、致命 |
[40:44] | – Gonna sing a country-western song? – Whose father never liked him… | -要唱首西部乡村歌吗? -谁的父亲因为他太聪明 |
[40:48] | …because he was too smart. – This stopped being fun. | -而从没喜欢过他 -这下可不好玩了 |
[40:51] | – Sir? – It was actually never fun for me. | -长官? -我从不觉得好玩 |
[40:53] | I was just being polite. | 我只是保持礼节 |
[40:56] | Your father used to hit you, didn’t he, Mr. President? | 你的父亲曾经打过你 对吧,总统先生? |
[41:00] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[41:03] | Your father used to hit you, sir? | 你的父亲曾经打过你,长官? |
[41:10] | – Yeah. – Not like a spanking? | -对 -不是用拍的? |
[41:12] | – He hit me. Why? – He punched you. | -他揍你,为什么? -他用拳头揍你 |
[41:15] | – I’m done being polite. – Because you made him mad. | -我保持礼貌够了 -因为你让他生气 |
[41:17] | – You didn’t know why. – Toby, it was a complicated relationship. | -你不知道为什么 -托比,这是种复杂的关系 |
[41:21] | – Can I help you? – It’s because you were smarter. | -我可以帮助你吗? -因为你比他聪明 |
[41:24] | It was complicated. | 这很复杂 |
[41:25] | He didn’t like you. That’s why he hit you. | 他不喜欢你 所以才揍你 |
[41:28] | That’s why people hit each other. | 那也是为什么人们揍彼此 |
[41:30] | – You were smarter. – Why are we talking about this? | -你比他聪明 -我们为什么在谈这件事? |
[41:32] | So maybe if you get enough votes… | 如果你能赢得足够选票 |
[41:36] | …win one more election, you know? | 再赢一次选战,你知道? |
[41:39] | – Maybe your father… – You have stepped way over the line! | -也许你父亲 -你已经超过界线了! |
[41:42] | Any other president would have your ass on the sidewalk right now. | 换做其他总统 现在就把你踢出门外了 |
[41:46] | They’d have had you on the sidewalk a long time ago. | 他们在更早之前 就会把你踢出门外 |
[41:48] | I don’t know what goes on in a Brooklyn shrink’s office… | 我不知道你在布鲁克林 心理医生办公室学到什么 |
[41:52] | …but get it the hell out of my house! | 但马上给我滚出我家! |
[42:03] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |