时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | When was the last time you went to a meeting? | 你最后一次参加会议是何时? |
[00:10] | AA? | 匿名戒酒会? |
[00:13] | – What meeting could I possibly go to? – Mine. | -我还可能去哪种会? -我的 |
[00:16] | John, tell me you are not showing your face… | 约翰,告诉我 你不会出面 |
[00:19] | I have got my own meeting. | 我有自己的戒酒会 |
[00:21] | There are nine of us: three senators, two cabinet secretaries… | 一共有九个人:三个参议员 两个内阁部长 |
[00:25] | …one federal judge and two agency directors. | 一个联邦法官 跟两个局主任 |
[00:28] | There’s an agent outside. It looks like a card game. | 有人在外面看守 看起来就像在玩牌 |
[00:31] | – Do I have enemies in that room? – All our people. Think about it. | -里面有我的敌人吗? -都是我们的人,你自己考虑 剧名:骚扰风波 |
[00:40] | “We humbly asked him to remove our shortcomings. | “我们谦逊地请求他 移除我们的缺点 |
[00:42] | We made a list of persons we had harmed… | 我们列出了 我们伤害过的人的名单 |
[00:44] | …and became willing to make amends. | 并且愿意补救 |
[00:46] | We made amends to such people where possible… | 我们尽可能为这些人做出补救 |
[00:49] | …except when it would injure them or others. | 除非我们对他们或他人做出伤害 |
[00:51] | We continued to take personal inventory, and when wrong, promptly admitted it. | 我们一直清出个人储酒 一旦犯错就马上承认 |
[00:56] | We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our contact… | 我们靠祈祷与冥想渡过艰苦 好让我们与 |
[00:59] | …with God as we understood him. As we understood him. | 神更接近,更了解他 如同我们认识他 |
[01:05] | Praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry that out. | 祈祷我们能了解他的意愿 并祈求坚持下去的力量 |
[01:09] | Having had a spiritual awakening as a result… | 终能拥有精神上的觉醒 |
[01:12] | …we try to carry this message to alcoholics and practice these principles… | 我们试着将这讯息传达给 酗酒者,并在每件事上 |
[01:16] | …in all our affairs.” Okay. | 实行这些规律”好了 |
[01:18] | I haven’t chaired in a while. What do we do next? | 我很久没当主席了 现在应该做什么? |
[01:21] | – Now is when we usually start drinking. – Okay. | -现在应该是开始喝酒的时候 -好吧 |
[01:24] | I wanna talk about something before we start. | 在我们开始前 我有件事想说 |
[01:26] | He’s gonna try and get my committee to fund that airplane that can’t fly. | 他想让我的委员会 资助一台不会飞的飞机 |
[01:30] | – It can fly. – Right. It just can’t land. | -它会飞 -对,但是不会降落 |
[01:32] | – Small price to pay to be able to fly. – I wanted to talk about Leo. | -起飞的代价很小 -我想问问里奥 |
[01:36] | I’ll fund the plane, but I’m not gonna fly on it. | 我会资助飞机 但我可不想搭乘它 |
[01:39] | I’m wondering if it’s a good idea that Leo keeps coming to these meetings. | 我在想 让里奥参加会议是不是个好主意 |
[01:44] | – Why? – Look, every meeting’s for anybody. | -为什么? -听着,任何人都可以参加会议 |
[01:46] | You don’t have a password. Just walk in and sit. Except… | 不需要通关密语 就这样走进来坐下,除非 |
[01:49] | …where anonymity is crucial, even among other alcoholics: | 匿名是最重要的事 就算是其他的酗酒者之间 |
[01:53] | Commercial airline pilots, surgeons and us. | 像是私人飞机飞行员 医生跟我们 |
[01:56] | – Right. – Well, Leo’s out. | -没错 -里奥出局 |
[01:59] | Is it wise that he’s leaving a trail to this room… | 如果他有参加过本会的纪录 |
[02:03] | …when he could go to any meeting… – He can’t. | -又跑去参加其他戒酒会 -他不能 |
[02:06] | There’d be photographers camped at the door… | 这样就会有记者守在门口 |
[02:08] | I don’t know a meeting where guys wouldn’t beat up… | 就我所知 要是有人无故闯进戒酒会 |
[02:11] | …anybody who barged in… – That’s what we want. | -一定会被打得半死 -那就是我们要的 |
[02:13] | – I think we should consider this. – Guys. | -我想我们该考虑一下 -各位 |
[02:15] | My meeting. Leo stays. | 这是我的会,里奥留下 |
[02:21] | There it is. Know what I forgot? | 就是这样,我想起一件事 |
[02:25] | “What we see here, what we say here, what we hear here, stays here.” | “我们在这里所见、所言、所闻 都留在这里” |
[02:30] | – Here, here. – Anybody wanna start? | -同意 -有人想先起头吗? |
[02:32] | I will. | 我先 |
[02:34] | – I’m John. I’m an alcoholic. – Hi, John. | -我是约翰,我是酗酒者 -嗨,约翰 主演:罗伯洛 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[03:26] | – You wanted me. – You guys go out? | 星期四晚间10点30分 -你找我 -你们出去了? |
[03:28] | – Toby had Capitals tickets. – Good game? | -托比有首府曲棍球队的票 -比赛精采吗? |
[03:31] | You know what I’d do if l… It wasn’t. | 你知道要是我有 比赛很烂 |
[03:33] | You know what I’d do if I owned a hockey team? I’d hire a sumo wrestler. | 如果我有曲棍球队会怎样吗? 我会雇用相扑选手 |
[03:37] | I’d give him a uniform, transportation, 500 bucks a week to sit in the goal… | 我会给他们制服、车马费 每周五百块,坐在得分区 |
[03:41] | …eat and enjoy the game. We wouldn’t get scored on. | 一边吃一边看比赛 我们不会让对方得分 |
[03:44] | – You’d get scored on constantly. – Maybe, but we’d sell a few tickets. | -你会一直让对方得分 -也许,但我们会多卖几张票 |
[03:47] | Yeah, because sumo wrestling sells out all the time in big hockey towns. | 没错,因为相扑比赛在 曲棍球城市总是大卖 |
[03:52] | – My idea is total unviable. – Well, you’re a Democrat. | -我的主意完全行不通 -因为你是个民主党员 |
[03:56] | It’s a pretty big club. | 这可是个大党派 |
[03:58] | What did you need? | 这可是个大党派 你需要什么? |
[04:00] | Health, Education and Welfare is marking up the Internet Education Act tomorrow. | 你需要什么? 健康,教育跟福利 明天要审视网路教育法案 |
[04:05] | – Tomorrow? – Yeah. | -明天? -对 |
[04:07] | – And they told us when? – An hour ago. | -明天? -对 -他们何时告知的? -一小时前 |
[04:10] | They’re zeroing out the Technology Challenge Fund. | 制片:保罗瑞福 他们要把挑战科技基金踢出去 |
[04:13] | – That’s the vice president’s thing. – Wanna know how long? | -那是副总统的事 -你知道有多久了吗? |
[04:16] | I was working for him when he created it. | 自从他起草该法案开始 我就在帮他做事了 |
[04:18] | – Does he know? – No. | 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 -他知道吗? -不 |
[04:20] | What will he say when you tell him? | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 如果你告诉他,他会说什么? |
[04:22] | He’s gonna say,”Josh, you look remarkably like Sam Seaborn.” | 如果你告诉他,他会说什么? 他会说“乔西 你长得真像山姆西朋” |
[04:26] | There are people better suited to this than I am. Leo. | 有人比我更适合这个工作 里奥 |
[04:30] | – Leo says you. – Why not you? | -里奥说是你 -为什么不是你? |
[04:32] | Leo and I don’t have the best relationship with Hoynes. | -里奥说是你 -为什么不是你? 里奥跟我 跟何尼斯的感情不太好 |
[04:35] | I don’t understand. You say,”Sorry, Mr. Vice President, it isn’t gonna happen.” | 我不懂,你说“抱歉 副总统先生,这件事办不成” |
[04:40] | Isn’t he gonna be miffed if it comes from the communications director? | 如果这件事是来自通讯主任 难道他不会生气吗? |
[04:43] | We don’t want you to say I’m sorry. | 我们不希望你说抱歉 |
[04:45] | We want you to work with him and save the bill. | 我们不希望你说抱歉 制片:李维林威尔斯 我们要你跟他合作 保住该法案 |
[04:48] | All right. When? | 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[04:50] | His office is expecting you in 20 minutes. | 好吧,何时? 再过20分钟 他会在办公室等你 |
[04:52] | – What about the meeting? – My meeting? | 编剧:迪弟麦尔斯 |
[04:54] | – Yeah. – You’ll come late. | -那会议怎么办? -我的会议? -对 -你可以迟到 |
[04:56] | – What’s it about? – You’ll find out. | -对 -你可以迟到 -是关于什么? -你很快就会知道 |
[04:59] | All right. | 好吧 |
[05:02] | Thank you. | 导演:杰瑞米凯根 谢谢 |
[05:05] | I’ve lost my binder from National Strategies. | 我弄丢了我的国家政策文件夹 |
[05:08] | – The blue one? – The black one… | -蓝色的? -黑色的 |
[05:11] | …with the secret launch codes. – It’ll turn up. | -上面有秘密执行代码 -会出现的 |
[05:14] | I also need the Cabinet Affairs amplification report. | 我还需要内阁事务扩充报告 |
[05:17] | If you can get the AP farm guy back online… | 如果你能让农场工人回到线上 |
[05:20] | …I’m almost sure Toby gave me a punchier quote on Ag reorganization. | 我很确定托比给了我 一堆昏头转向的农场改革引言 |
[05:24] | I shall do those things. | 我应该处理这些事 |
[05:27] | – You shall? – I shall. | -你应该? -我应该 |
[05:29] | – I’ll tell you what I’d like in exchange. – How about a weekly salary? | -你应该? -我应该 -我会告诉你以什么来交换 -多加一周周新如何? |
[05:33] | – Yes, plus a favor. – Name it. | -好,再加一个人情 -说说看 |
[05:35] | – It’s a big favor. – What do you need? | -是个超级大人情 -你需要什么? |
[05:37] | I had an English teacher named Molly Morello, one of those teachers… | -是个超级大人情 -你需要什么? 我有个英文老师叫茉莉莫瑞罗 |
[05:41] | …and she’s retiring. | 她就要退休了 |
[05:42] | For me, it was Mr. Feig for American History AP and Con Law. | 她就要退休了 对我来说,我的恩师是教 美国历史先修课程跟辩论法的菲格老师 |
[05:46] | Right. Unusual as it may seem, we’re talking about me. | 虽然很少发生 不过我们正在说我的事 |
[05:50] | – And the big favor you want? – All right, tell me about Mr. Feig. | -你要的大人情是? -好吧,告诉我菲格老师的事 |
[05:55] | No. That moment’s done, except to say he meant the world to me and he died… | 不了,时机已过 不过他对我意义重大而 |
[05:59] | …four years ago. – Okay. Well, Mrs. Morello is retiring. | -他已经死了四年 -好吧,莫瑞罗老师正要退休 |
[06:02] | – Not as bad as dying. – How hard is it… | -但是还没死 -申请 |
[06:04] | …to get a Presidential Proclamation? – Morello Day? | -总统宣言有多难? -莫瑞罗日? |
[06:06] | I was hoping for Morello Month. I should be realistic. | 我以为可以有莫瑞罗月 但我应该实际点 |
[06:09] | – That would be Molly Morello Day? – A nice letter from the principal. | -茉莉莫瑞罗日? -请校长写封信 |
[06:13] | Oh, come on. Get him to sign a piece of paper. A little proclamation. | 拜托,请他签张纸 一点小宣告 |
[06:17] | A little piece of paper? Proclamations have the full force of law. | 一张纸? 宣言拥有完全的法律效力 |
[06:21] | The Emancipation Proclamation, to name just one. | 奴隶解放宣言 只是其中之一 |
[06:23] | – To name the only one. – I don’t know what’s involved. | -那是唯一一个 -我不知道牵涉多广 |
[06:28] | Probably have advisory boards, commissions. | 可能牵涉顾问团、考察团 |
[06:30] | The NATO commander’s involved, possibly. | 北大西洋公约组织司令官 都有可能 |
[06:33] | Can I find out what’s involved? | 我可以去查牵涉范围吗? |
[06:36] | – Yeah. Find me the blue notebook first. | – Yeah. -好,不过先帮我找蓝色笔记本 -好 |
[06:40] | I’m going to the meeting now. | 我要去参加会议了 |
[06:47] | – Got a minute? – If I said no, would it stop you? | -你有时间吗? -如果我说没有,你会理我吗? |
[06:49] | No. NEAP figures are out today. | 不会,教育进展数字今天出来了 |
[06:52] | – Okay. – They’re up. | -好吧 -数字上升了 |
[06:53] | How many Third World countries do we trail in reading and math? | -好吧 -数字上升了 我们采用多少第三世界国家 的阅读跟数学成绩? |
[06:57] | Up’s better than down. The education secretary ought to make a statement. | 上升比下降好 教育部长应该会发表声明 |
[07:01] | Tomorrow’s no good. We’ve got half a dozen events. | 明天不好 我们有一堆事要办 |
[07:03] | We’re saying education’s our priority. | 我们会说教育是优先事项 |
[07:05] | Tomorrow, we’re trying to make news on five of our other priorities. | 明天我们会发布新闻 声明五件优先事项 |
[07:09] | – Don’t you have a meeting? – Two meetings, actually. | -我们不是要开会吗? -实际上有两个会 |
[07:12] | – I’ll check the calendar. – Up’s better than down. | -我会检查行事历 -上升比下降好 |
[07:15] | Where to find a chisel and a stone tablet. | 去哪儿找凿子跟石版 |
[07:19] | I need to know what the Cabinet’s doing tomorrow. | 我要知道明天内阁要做什么 |
[07:24] | Ideally, sometime before tomorrow. | 最好是明天之前 |
[07:30] | 10:30, Drug Czar on border control. Noon, HUD secretary on home-ownership loans. | 10点半,边境管制的缉毒督察 中午,住房与城市建设部长的房贷 |
[07:35] | Also noon, technical briefing at ONDCP on… | 还有中午,全国毒品控制政策 的技术简报 |
[07:38] | – Is it…? Go back. What’s at noon? – ONDCP technical… | -那不是?回到中午 -全国毒品控制政策的技术 |
[07:41] | – No, the housing secretary. – Home-ownership loans… | -不,住房部的 -住房与城市建设部阶段 |
[07:44] | …at the HUD event stage. | 的房贷 |
[07:48] | Something wrong? | 有问题吗? |
[07:51] | Page the secretary of Housing and Urban Development. I wanna see him. | 通知住房跟城市建设部长 我要见他 |
[07:55] | – When? – Look at me. | -何时? -看着我 |
[07:56] | – Now. – I’m in the Roosevelt Room. | -何时? -看着我 -现在 -我会在罗斯福办公室 |
[07:58] | – Want me to pull you out…? – Please. | -要我把你叫出来? -拜托 |
[08:00] | Okay, we’re e-filing the old 1040-A. | 好吧,我们正在线上归档1040A |
[08:03] | You’re single, head of your household. | 你单身,是家长 |
[08:05] | Deanna’s a dependent. Your adjusted gross income is 35,000 per annum. | 扶养迪安娜 你的年收是每年3万5美元 |
[08:09] | – Sir, I could do most of this myself. – I love this. | -长官,这些我都可以自己来 -我爱作 |
[08:12] | – Really? Filing tax returns? – Yeah. | -真的吗?填税单? -对 |
[08:15] | – Okay. – What? | -好吧 -什么? |
[08:17] | I was thinking about the plurality of Americans who decided… | 我正在想大多数的美国人 是怎么决定 |
[08:20] | …to pull a lever with your name. – Suckers. Okay. | -要不要选你的 -逊,好吧 |
[08:24] | Your mom’s social security pension benefit is $ 1536. | 你妈的社会抚恤金是1536元 |
[08:29] | – Police pension, $2400. – And here’s where my question is… | -警察退休金2400元 -我的问题是 |
[08:33] | Do you take a standard deduction or itemize? | 你用标准扣除是分条开列? |
[08:35] | – Yes, sir. – Did you make any charitable donations? | -是,长官 -你有做慈善捐献吗? |
[08:39] | Five hundred dollars to the First Baptist Church. | 捐了500元给第一浸信教会 |
[08:42] | One hundred eighty-five dollars to the Salvation Army in clothing and items. | 185元的衣物跟物品给救世军 |
[08:46] | Five hundred dollars to the Police Benevolence Society of Washington D.C. | 500元捐给华府的警察慈善协会 |
[08:50] | And $250 to Big Brothers and Sisters of Washington D.C. | 还有250元给 华府的黑人兄弟姐妹会 |
[08:54] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的? -是啊 |
[08:55] | Plus, $430 in non-reimbursed medical expenses. | -真的? -是啊 还有430元的无偿医疗支出 |
[09:01] | You’re better off with the standard deduction. | 采用标准扣除比较划算 |
[09:04] | – Okay. – I’m hitting send now. | -好吧 -我要送出去了 |
[09:06] | – If you’re lying, you’re going to the joint. – Yeah. | -如果你说谎,你就要进联邦监狱 -好啊 |
[09:09] | It’s gonna tell us what your refund is, but I’ve done a calculation… | 你很快就知道退税是多少 但我已经大概算出来 |
[09:12] | …and it will be $ 700. – That’s what I got. | -应该会是700元 -那是我应得的 |
[09:15] | – You spent it already. – I’m getting a scan DVD player… | -你已经花掉了 -我要买一台DVD播放机 |
[09:18] | …with MP3 playback. Free shipping and tax is $499… | 还有MP3播放功能 免运费免税只要499元 |
[09:22] | …which leaves enough to buy a DVD I found on eBay. | 所以我还有剩钱 在EBAY买片DVD |
[09:25] | – Yeoman of the Guard? – How well you know me, Mr. President. | -卫队侍从? -你果真不认识我,总统先生 |
[09:28] | – On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. – Can I tell you what’s wrong about Bond? | -女皇密使 -你知道詹姆士庞德的问题吗? |
[09:32] | – Nothing. – Shaken not stirred… | -没有问题 -摇一摇但不要搅拌 |
[09:34] | …will get you water with a dash of gin and vermouth. | -没有问题 -摇一摇但不要搅拌 你只会得到一杯 带有琴酒与苦艾酒味道的水 |
[09:36] | The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. | 用特殊汤匙搅拌的原因 是不要把冰块弄碎 |
[09:41] | James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it. | 詹姆士点了一杯淡马丁尼 就骄傲得不得了 |
[09:44] | I’ll reflect on that while watching my digital-enhanced picture… | 当我用数位加强影像 跟剧院品质音效观看时 |
[09:47] | …with theater-quality sound. – Okay. | -我会注意看的 -好吧 |
[09:51] | – Seven hundred dollars? – Four hundred. | -700元? -400元 |
[09:54] | – I’m only getting $400 back? – You owe $400. | -我只能拿回400元? -你欠400元 |
[09:58] | – I owe the government money. – You don’t need a stamp. Hand it over. | -我欠政府钱 -不需要邮寄,交给我 |
[10:01] | – There’s a mistake. – Hand it over. | -一定有错 -交过来 |
[10:03] | – There’s no way I owe money. – That’s not quite how we see it. | -我不可能欠钱 -看来似乎并非如此 |
[10:06] | – Could I sit down there, please? – Sure. | -我可以坐在这里吗? -当然 |
[10:09] | – Good evening. – You need me? | -晚安 -你找我? |
[10:11] | – Yes, sir. – Let’s go inside. Milo? Coop? | -是,长官 -我们去里面吧? |
[10:14] | – Help Mr. Young find his pockets. – I’m fine. There’s been a mistake. | -帮杨先生找他的钱包 -不用了,这一定有错 |
[10:19] | I’m sorry to come straight to you, but Leo’s unavailable now. | 我很抱歉直接来找您 但是里奥现在没空 |
[10:22] | You should be getting a call from the energy secretary any minute. | 您应该随时会接到 能源部长的电话 |
[10:25] | – What happened? – The wire service is reporting a vehicle… | -发生什么事? -通信社报告有辆货车 |
[10:28] | …carrying depleted uranium rods crashed in the Seven Devil Mountains in Idaho. | 搭载着耗损的铀棒 在爱达荷的七恶魔山撞毁 |
[10:32] | – It crashed? – It was hit head-on by another truck… | -撞毁? -被另一辆货车迎面撞上 |
[10:35] | …in the Goldfield Tunnel on Route 234. – Are there populated areas nearby? | -在234公路的高菲隧道 -附近有城镇吗? |
[10:39] | Elk Horn’s 20 miles away with 20,000. | 两万人居住的麋角镇就在20里外 |
[10:41] | – Charlie. – Energy secretary’s on the phone. | -查理 -能源部长在线上 |
[10:43] | Conference in the chief of the radiological assistance team. | 我要跟核子辐射支援小组组长开会 |
[10:46] | Charlie. Get me Fitzwallace, Nancy McNally… | 查理 通知费兹华利斯、南西麦娜莉 |
[10:49] | …and let the senior members of the NFC know I need them. | 还有通知福特化工的资深成员 说我需要他们 |
[10:52] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[10:59] | A truck carrying depleted uranium fuel rods just crashed… | 一辆搭载耗损铀棒的货车 |
[11:02] | …in Idaho 20 miles from a populated town. | 在爱达荷某小镇20里外撞毁 |
[11:07] | – What’s happening? – The president’s talking to Tommy… | -发生什么事? -总统正在跟汤米谈 |
[11:10] | …about the radiation threat and to National Security. | 辐射威胁的事 还有跟国家安全局 |
[11:12] | – There’s a problem. – I’m just telling them. | -问题来了 -我正要跟他们说 |
[11:15] | It was a 24-ton type B, holding fuel rods from the nuclear carrier Truman. | 24顿B型货车 搭载来核子潜艇楚门号的废弃铀棒 |
[11:20] | Does 24-ton type B mean anything to anybody? | 24顿B型货车 任何人有印象吗? |
[11:23] | – It’s a heavy truck. – Why National Security? | -那是重型货车 -为什么扯上国家安全局? |
[11:27] | You said he was talking to National Security. | 你说他正在跟国家安全局谈 |
[11:29] | Two trucks in a deserted area, and they happen to crash into each other? | 两辆货车出现在沙漠区 刚好撞上彼此? |
[11:33] | – I’d wanna talk to somebody, at least. – All right, listen. Postpone the meeting. | -至少我得跟某个人谈 -好吧,延后会议 |
[11:38] | – Let’s do it. – This is gonna be all night. | -就这么作 -这会耗上整晚 |
[11:40] | When we get pulled out, we get pulled out. | 当我们被停下来 就得停下来 |
[11:43] | It doesn’t really seem appropriate right now. | 现在真的很不恰当 |
[11:47] | You spent a long night with Bruno last night. | 你昨晚跟布鲁诺长谈 |
[11:49] | Yeah. And Bruno spent a long night with Doug the night before. | 对,布鲁诺前晚也跟道格长谈 |
[11:55] | And? | 然后呢? |
[11:57] | There’s no electoral math they can come up with, none, that says… | 我们认为把副总统的名字 从选票上去掉 |
[12:02] | …it’s not worth exploring replacing the vice president on the ticket. | 对支持率会有帮助 |
[12:16] | Not five months ago in this room, I said… I joked… | 不到五个月前,在这个房间 我说我开玩笑说 |
[12:21] | …that if we win reelection, it was gonna be on the vice president’s coattails. | 如果我们打赢选战 是因为副总统提拔 |
[12:25] | Why I’m sure I said it is because it was leaked. | 我很确定是我说的 因为那句话被泄漏出去 |
[12:28] | How has the electoral math changed since then? | 副总统的支持率 怎么会从那时开始改变? |
[12:30] | By the way, the group of people were chosen… | 对了,跟我工作的那群人 是里奥选的 |
[12:34] | …because Leo wanted to hear from them… | 因为他想听他们的意见 |
[12:36] | …but also because he was confident there wouldn’t be a leak… | 也因为他相信不会有任何风声外泄 |
[12:40] | …and I hope we live up to that. | 我希望这次也一样 |
[12:46] | – How has the math changed? – Bruno doesn’t think Hoynes buys Texas… | -支持率怎么会改变? -布鲁诺认为何尼斯在德州 |
[12:50] | …with Ritchie in the race. If we lose Texas, we lose Florida. | 的选战会输给李奇 如果我们输了德州,就输了佛州 |
[12:53] | That’s a third of the electoral votes we need. | 那是我们需要的第三大票仓 |
[12:55] | There’s a reason the Republicans are nominating him. | 那就是共和党提名他的原因 |
[12:58] | Who does? Who does win Texas for us? | 谁可以? 谁可以为我们赢回德州? |
[13:01] | – Nobody. We’re losing Texas. – Wait a second. | -没有人,我们正失去德州 -等等 |
[13:04] | – Before we go on to who wins Texas… – I was saying… | -在我们讨论谁可以赢德州前 -我只是说 |
[13:07] | We’ve been talking for a minute and 17 seconds… | 我们已经谈了一分钟17秒 |
[13:09] | …and we’re discussing new candidates? | 关于新副总统候选人了吗? |
[13:11] | If no one wins us Texas, why change at all? | 关于新副总统候选人了吗? 如果没人帮我们赢德州 为什么数字会变? |
[13:13] | Can I make it clear nobody’s advocating anything. | 先让我澄清 没有人提倡任何事 |
[13:16] | – Bruno and Doug are. – Bruno asked for a discussion. | -布鲁诺跟道格 -布鲁诺要求讨论 |
[13:19] | – What’s the answer to C.J. ‘s question? – Northeast, Pacific Coast and Northwest. | -茜洁问题的答案是什么? -东北、太平洋海岸跟西北 |
[13:23] | If we don’t have Florida and Texas, it means we have to sweep those three. | 如果我们失去佛州跟德州 代表我们必须赢得这三个地区 |
[13:27] | – And he thinks Hoynes hurts us there? – He thinks someone else could help. | -他认为何尼斯在那可能对我们有害? -他认为其他人会有帮助 |
[13:31] | – Did he say who? – Yes. | -他有说谁吗? -有 |
[13:34] | – Who? – Fitzwallace. | -谁? -费兹华利斯 |
[13:38] | He said Fitzwallace, Toby. And you think about it… . | 他说费兹华利斯,托比 你自己想想 |
[13:42] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[13:44] | – Josh? – Yeah. | -乔西? -怎样 |
[13:53] | – How’s it going in there? – Well, you know, we’re just starting. | -事情进行的如何? -你知道,才刚开始 |
[13:57] | Get creative. Get people thinking, even though you know it’s… . | 运用创造力,让大家动脑筋 就算知道不可能 |
[14:00] | I’m gonna go in there alone for a minute. | 我去里面一下 |
[14:09] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[14:11] | I was just briefed. They’re setting up a joint operations command in Elks Horn. | 嗨 我刚刚听完简报 要在糜角镇设置联合部队指挥部 |
[14:16] | I wish I’d been here a half-hour ago. | 我希望我半小时前就在这儿 |
[14:19] | What would you have done a half-hour ago that hasn’t already been done? | 你哪件事半小时前就该做好的? |
[14:23] | I’d have known a half-hour ago what I know now. | 我就会在半小时前 知道我现在知道的事 |
[14:26] | This is why I’m not going to my meeting anymore. It’s a luxury. | 这就是我不参加我的会议的原因 这是我的特权 |
[14:29] | I know. | 我知道 |
[14:31] | If only technology could invent some way to get in touch with you… | 我知道 如果科技能发明一种方法 让我在紧急状况下 |
[14:35] | …in an emergency. Some sort of telephonic device… | 可以联络上你就好了 有一种电话装置 |
[14:39] | …with a personalized number we could call to let you know we needed you. | 配有个人化的号码 在我们需要你时可以随时连络你 |
[14:43] | Perhaps it would look something like this, Mr. Moto. | 也许这装置长得就像这样 大哥大先生 |
[14:46] | – You should’ve called me. – Would you stop? | -你早就该联络我了 -拜托好吗? |
[14:48] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:50] | We’re coordinating with the governor’s office and state FEMA in Boise. | 好吧 我们正跟州长办公室 还有跟联邦紧急应变总署合作 |
[14:54] | You know, I’ve noticed that other people keep a set of comfortable clothes… | 我发现很多人都在办公室 准备一套舒适的衣服 |
[14:58] | …in their office for when they have to work late. I like that. | 以免他们需要加班 我喜欢 |
[15:01] | – You should do that too. – I do do that. | -你也应该那么作 -我是有一套 |
[15:04] | – You should change. – You see me wearing a necktie? | -你该换了 -你有看到我带领带吗? |
[15:07] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[15:09] | Can I have my pager back? | 可以把传呼机还我了吗? |
[15:12] | The hazard assessment by the RAD team is good. | 核能放射小组的 危险评估结果还不错 |
[15:15] | No airborne release of cesium isotopes. No gamma or neutron radiation readings. | 无铯同位素的空气传播 无迦马或中子放射读数 |
[15:21] | – But… . – But the trucks are still burning. | -但是 -但是货车还在燃烧 |
[15:23] | The fire commander is pulling out his men and equipment as soon as possible. | 救火员正尽快把司机救跟设备救出 |
[15:27] | – I’m sure he’s right. – They haven’t tested tunnel fires. | -我相信他会没事的 -他们还没测试隧道火灾 |
[15:30] | They’re built to withstand 1475 Fahrenheit for 30 minutes… | 隧道可以抵抗1475华氏的高温 达30分钟 |
[15:34] | …but apparently a train tunnel in Baltimore burned at 1500. | 但是巴尔的摩的火车隧道 已知会在1500度时崩塌 |
[15:38] | – Leo, I knew this a half-hour ago. – Right. | -里奥,我小时前就知道了 -对 |
[15:42] | This whole night I’m gonna be a half-hour smarter than you. | 我整晚都会比你聪明半小时 |
[15:45] | Okay. So you know about the other truck. | 好吧,那你已经知道 另一辆货车的事了 |
[15:48] | – No. – It was stolen from a rest stop… | -不 -该货车是在两周前 |
[15:50] | …outside Glenn’s Ferry two weeks ago. – The driver’s dead? | -在格兰码头外的休息站被偷的 -司机死了? |
[15:53] | – Yeah. – Arab? | -对 -阿拉伯人? |
[15:55] | No. He’s Gary Vernon Clarke. | -对 -阿拉伯人? 不,他叫盖瑞维农克拉克 |
[15:57] | Is that his name or is that what we think it is right now? | 那是他的名字 还是某个恐怖组织? |
[16:00] | Looks like it was an accident. | 看来似乎是场意外 |
[16:03] | In what happens to be the most dangerous and unanticipated situation… | 刚好发生在运输核子废料 最危险 |
[16:07] | …for transportation of nuclear waste. – Yes. | -也最无法预料的状况下 -对 |
[16:12] | – What’s that meeting next door? – Don’t worry about it. | -隔壁在开什么会? -别担心 |
[16:19] | Did I leave a folder called Southeast Targets and… Thank you. | 我不是在这儿留了一本 东南目标的资料夹谢谢 |
[16:26] | I’ve been putting together a folder of my own. | 我也准备了一个资料夹 |
[16:29] | Things that need to be done for the president to issue a proclamation. | 总统发表宣言所需要准备的资料 |
[16:32] | – What has to be done? – Let me check. Nothing. | -有什么要签的? -让我瞧瞧,没有 |
[16:35] | – Donna… – Nothing has to be done. | -唐娜 -什么都不用作 |
[16:36] | – He can’t just issue a proclamation. – He can. | -唐娜 -什么都不用作 -他不能随便发表宣言 -他可以 |
[16:39] | He can’t just because you want him to. | 不能只因为你想要 |
[16:41] | What’s next, executive clemency if you’re having a bad hair day? | 下一个会是什么 坏发型日的减刑权? |
[16:44] | I never have a bad hair day. Molly Morello was a teacher for 41 years. | 我从没有坏发型日 茉莉莫瑞罗已经当了41年的老师 |
[16:49] | Which is nice, but these things are for important causes… | 那是件好事 可是宣言是给更重要的事 |
[16:52] | …not individual perks for staffers. | 而不是给幕僚个人的特权 |
[16:54] | National Digestive Diseases Awareness Week. | 国家消化不良提醒周 |
[16:57] | – When was that? – Now. It began after… | -何时? -就是现在,从 |
[16:59] | …General Pulaski Memorial Day. – You’re gonna mock the dead… | -普劳斯基将军纪念日开始 -你要开始嘲笑死者 |
[17:02] | February was National Sewing Month. | 二月是国家缝纫月 |
[17:04] | It’s the president’s name and reputation. We haven’t vetted this woman. | 二月是国家缝纫月 事关总统的名气与声誉 我们还没检查过这女人 |
[17:08] | – You’re saying, what if she’s a lesbian? – If she were a lesbian we could talk. | -难道你以为她是女同志? -如果她是,我们可以谈谈 |
[17:12] | I’m saying, what if she’s a bicycle thief? | 我是说,要是她是偷车贼呢? |
[17:14] | – I doubt that… – Don’t doubt it. Know it. | -我怀疑 -别怀疑,去查出来 |
[17:17] | Do a Google search. Then talk to me. | 用网路搜索,再来跟我谈 |
[17:23] | – Sorry. You been waiting? – Good evening, sir. No, that’s fine. | -抱歉,你等很久了? -晚安,长官,没关系 |
[17:26] | – I got held up at a poker game. – I love poker. | -我刚刚打了场扑克牌 -我爱扑克牌 |
[17:29] | – I heard you had Caps tickets? – Yes, sir. | -我听说你有首都曲棍球队的票? -是,长官 |
[17:31] | – How was the game? – Not very good. | -比赛如何? -不太精采 |
[17:34] | Have you ever seen a good hockey game? | 你看过精采的曲棍球赛吗? |
[17:37] | – No. – Me neither. I can’t get next to hockey. | -没 -我也没,我看不下去 |
[17:40] | See, I think Americans like to savor situations. | 我觉得美国人比较喜欢 刺激的游戏 |
[17:44] | One down, bottom of the ninth. One-run game, first and third… | 一局结束,最后第九局 只比一轮,第一跟第三 |
[17:47] | …left-hand batter, right-hand reliever, here’s the pitch. | 左手攻击、右手缓冲 得分板在此 |
[17:51] | Scoring in hockey seems to come out of nowhere. | 曲棍球的得分往往突如其来 |
[17:53] | The play-by-play guy is always shocked. | 播报员总是被吓到 |
[17:56] | “LePetier passes to Huckenchuck, who skates past the blue line. | “拉佩特越过哈根查克 后者滑过蓝线 |
[17:59] | Huckenchuck was traded from Winnipeg for a case of Labatts… | 哈根查克是从温尼佩派来 代替拉巴特 |
[18:03] | …after sitting out last season with… Oh, my God, he scores!” | 他之前坐了一季的板凳 我的天哪,他得分了!” |
[18:06] | So, what’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[18:08] | They’re marking up the Internet Education Act tomorrow. | 他们明天要审查网路教育法案 |
[18:13] | – Tomorrow? – Yes, sir. | -明天? -是,长官 |
[18:15] | And they’re zeroing out the Technology Challenge Fund. | -明天? -是,长官 他们要把科技挑战基金挤出去 |
[18:19] | – Tomorrow? – Yes, sir. We only heard about it tonight. | -明天? -对,长官,我们今晚才知道 |
[18:22] | – We’re gonna save this. – That’s why I’m here. | -我们必须保住这笔基金 -所以我才在这儿 |
[18:24] | – It’s only 52 million. – It’s gonna be embarrassing. | -那只有5千2百万 -会很难看 |
[18:27] | 75% percent of the poorest don’t have Internet access… | 75%的穷人没有网路 |
[18:30] | …60% of blacks and Hispanics don’t have Internet access. | 60%的黑人跟西班牙人没有网路 |
[18:34] | I have to make some calls. | 我得打几通电话 |
[18:37] | – Yeah. The problem is… . – What? | -问题是 -什么? |
[18:41] | The chairman. | 主席 |
[18:42] | – You attacked him at the DNC spring… – You sent me to attack him. | 主席 -你在民主党全国大会上攻击他 -是你们派我去攻击他的 |
[18:46] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[18:49] | – They’re marking it up tomorrow? – Yes, sir. | -他们明天要审视? -是,长官 |
[18:52] | You’re gonna do this for me. You’re gonna get this done. | 你必须帮我做这件事 你必须把事情办好 |
[18:55] | – Yes, sir. – Decorated in Vietnam, defense hawk… | -是,长官 -在越战授勋,保卫 |
[18:59] | There’d be astronomical black turnout in Georgia, North Carolina and Louisiana. | 乔治亚州、北卡跟路易西安那 有极庞大的黑人选民 |
[19:03] | – The South is on the table. – Is he a Democrat? | -必须考虑南方 -他是民主党员吗? |
[19:06] | – He would be now. – No Republican would criticize him. | -他会是的 -没有共和党员敢批评他 |
[19:09] | Black turnout would explode. We’d realign the country. | 黑人选民会暴增 我们要重新整顿这个国家 |
[19:12] | – That’s assuming it’s a two-man race. – Who’s gonna get into it this late? | -那就会变成两人比赛了 -这么晚谁要促成这件事? |
[19:20] | John Hoynes. | 约翰何尼斯 |
[19:22] | Hoynes as an Independent? | 独立派何尼斯? |
[19:25] | – Yeah. – The guy… | -对 -这家伙 |
[19:27] | …practically has corporate sponsorship. | 几乎拥有所有企业赞助 |
[19:29] | The Tostitos vice president is gonna lead an Independent movement? | 玉米片副总统要领导独立运动? |
[19:33] | – It’s not that ridiculous. – It is! He’d be finished in politics. | -这并不荒谬 -很荒谬!他的政治生涯就完了 |
[19:36] | Some future after we publicly humiliate him by kicking him off the ticket. | 我们公开把他踢出选票外 他的未来就完了 |
[19:40] | – What are we afraid of? – A household name… | -我们怕什么? -他的名字家喻户晓 |
[19:43] | …with his base of conservative Democrats and populist Independents. | 拥有保守民主党员跟 民粹主义独立派的基础 |
[19:46] | Starts at 15, 20 percent. Now every state’s up for grab… | 一开始支持率是15、20% 现在开始各州都会要他 |
[19:49] | …because it’s a three-way. – But he’ll lose. | -因为他有多重背景 -但他会输 |
[19:52] | Which is gratifying, but not much of a consolation since we’ll lose too. | 这会令人非常愉快 但对团结力不好,因为我们也会输 |
[19:56] | Say what you want. Hoynes is a pragmatist. To do this… | 说出你想的事 何尼斯是个实用主义者,这么做 |
[19:59] | …he’d be the craziest vice president since Aaron Burr. And Burr shot a guy. | 他就会是自亚伦布尔以来 最疯狂的副总统,而他射杀了一个人 |
[20:06] | – I can’t believe we’re talking about this. – Your meeting. | -我不敢相信我们在谈这件事 -这是你的会议 |
[20:09] | Getting that a lot these days. | 我最近常听到这句话 |
[20:11] | So that leaves us where? | 那结论呢? |
[20:15] | Wondering if Fitzwallace is a Democrat or a Republican. | 我在想费兹华利斯 到底是民主党员还是共和党员 |
[20:23] | Yeah. It sounds like you’re tripped up on 1783. | 看起来 你似乎被1783绊住了 |
[20:26] | – Which is? – HR-1783. A tax rebate from last year. | -那是? -1783号法案,去年的退税回扣 |
[20:30] | Why would that affect my return this year? | 那为什么会影响我今年的退税? |
[20:32] | – Did you get a rebate last year? – Yeah. | -你去年有拿到回扣吗? -有 |
[20:34] | – There’s the answer. – Where? | -那就是答案了 -哪有? |
[20:35] | Your rebate came off this year’s taxes. That’s how we paid. | -那就是答案了 -哪有? 你的回扣跑到今年的税里 那就是我们纳的税 |
[20:39] | Hang on. The money I got back last year has to be paid for? | 等等,我得支付我去年拿回的钱? |
[20:42] | – Yeah. – That’s not a rebate. That’s an advance. | -对 -那就不是回扣,那叫预付 |
[20:44] | – Technically, I guess. – Not technically. | -技术上来说,大概吧 -不是技术上 |
[20:46] | This is like getting a bonus and having it deducted from your paycheck. | 这就好像拿到红利 却从薪水里被扣掉 |
[20:50] | This doesn’t sound like very patriotic talk to me, Charlie. | 听起来不太爱国喔,查理 |
[20:53] | – It’s not. Why did you call it a rebate? – So people would spend it. | -当然不,为什么要叫回扣? -人们才会花它 |
[20:57] | – If it was an advance they’d save it. – It was an advance. | -如果是预付,他们就会存起来 -那是预付 |
[21:00] | – You spend it? – On my Visa bill. | -你花掉了? -付信用卡帐 |
[21:02] | We would have preferred you ate out or traveled. | 我们会比较希望你 花在大餐或旅行上 |
[21:04] | – Me too. – Well, in any event… . | -我也是 -如果可以 |
[21:07] | – What? Oh, what are you, the collector? – Leo. | -什么?你该不会是收银员吧? -里奥 |
[21:12] | – He used the rebate to pay his Visa bill. – It wasn’t a rebate. It was an advance. | -他用回扣付信用卡帐 -那不是回扣,那是预付 |
[21:16] | A trip to Banana Republic would have killed you? Let’s go. | 买套高级西装又不会饿死你 走吧 |
[21:27] | – The problem is we don’t know anything. – That’s never been a problem for us. | -问题是我们什么都不知道 -那从来都不是问题 |
[21:32] | We don’t know anything until we can get into the tunnel. | 直到我们进入隧道 我们什么都无法得知 |
[21:35] | And we can’t get into the tunnel until the place cools down. | 而直到隧道冷却 我们什么事也不能做 |
[21:38] | Until we can get in, we don’t know if we have to evacuate Elk Horn. | 直到我们进入之前 我们不知道否该撤空麋角镇 |
[21:42] | Well, that’s FEMA’s call. | 那得由联邦紧急应变总署决定 |
[21:43] | FEMA’s indicated they’re gonna wanna make it the governor’s call. | 联邦紧急应变总署表示 他们要让州长决定 |
[21:47] | The governor’s indicated he wants you to step in… | 州长表示他希望你介入 |
[21:49] | I should set a ransom. I’ll tell you the radiation levels… | 我该设置赎金 我会告诉你辐射等级 |
[21:53] | …but first I want your electoral votes. Or is that a bad strategy? | 但先把选票投给我 这个策略不好? |
[21:56] | – It’s pretty bad. – No ransom. | -非常不好 -不要赎金了 |
[21:58] | We’ll play this one straight. What about other shipments? | 这次我们就光明磊落 其他废料呢? |
[22:00] | There are two other shipments on the road. | 还有两辆货车在路上 |
[22:03] | One’s low-level radioactive waste, mostly medical. | 一辆是低等级放射废料 大多是医疗品 |
[22:06] | – It’s on three rail cars in South Carolina. – Have we stopped the train? | -位于南卡的三轨火车上 -你把火车停下了吗? |
[22:09] | The National Guard’s securing it till we know what happened. | 国家防卫兵正看守该货车 直到我们知道更多详情 |
[22:12] | – What about the second one? – That’s more problematic. | -第二辆呢? -有问题的那一辆 |
[22:16] | There’s 200 pounds of transuranic materials from Rocky Flats… | 有两百磅来自落矶平地的超铀元素 |
[22:20] | …where they assemble the triggers. | 用来组装触发器 |
[22:22] | They’re about 150 miles from Carlsbad, and we can’t tell them to pull over. | 距卡尔巴德约150里 我们不能把车停下 |
[22:26] | – That makes them vulnerable. – They beefed up the escort? | -会让元素更危险 -他们已经加强防卫了? |
[22:29] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -对 -好吧 |
[22:31] | Thank you, Mr. President. | -对 -好吧 谢谢,总统先生 |
[22:33] | No one knew if Eisenhower was a Democrat or Republican before he ran. | 没有人知道艾森豪在竞选前 是民主党员还是共和党员 |
[22:37] | Grant only voted once, and it was for the other guys. | 格兰特只被选上一次 而且是为了其他人 |
[22:39] | Grant works as an example in almost any situation. That’s Grant’s legacy. | 格兰特在所有情况都有范例 那是格兰特的传奇 |
[22:43] | – Plus, he won the Civil War. – What about Leo? | -而且他还打赢南北战争 -里奥如何? |
[22:46] | – What’d I do? – As running mate. Bartlet-McGarry. | -我怎么了? -竞选搭档,巴特勒与麦加利 |
[22:48] | – Done. – It’s not absurd, you know. | -下一个 -这并不荒谬,你知道 |
[22:50] | – It is. – It’s not totally absurd. | -很荒谬 -并不完全荒谬 |
[22:52] | – Yes, it is. – He wants your parking space. | -是的,非常荒谬 -他想要你的停车位 |
[22:55] | – I really do. – It’s not totally absurd. | -我真的很想 -这并不完全荒谬 |
[22:57] | You have a good parking space. | 你的停车位很棒 |
[22:59] | You know, if it weren’t for the drinking and the Valium… . | 要不是因为酗酒跟镇静剂 |
[23:03] | – Yet, Grant… . – That’s right. | -不过格兰特 -没错 |
[23:04] | They told Lincoln, “Grant’s a drunk.” He said: | 他们告诉林肯 “格兰特醉了” ,他说: |
[23:07] | “Send my generals a case of what he drinks.” | “送将军一箱他爱喝的酒” |
[23:09] | – I see a 30-second spot. – An alcoholic can’t be vice president? | -我看到30秒的竞选广告 -酗酒者不能当副总统? |
[23:15] | You really think the 20th century didn’t see an alcoholic in the West Wing? | 你真的以为20世纪的白宫 不会有酗酒者吗? |
[23:21] | I’ll be around. | 我会在附近 |
[23:39] | Hey, Leo. | 里奥 |
[23:44] | – They didn’t mean anything. – Yeah, I didn’t take anything. | -那不是针对你 -我没有被冒犯到 |
[23:48] | What’s going on in Idaho? | 爱达荷发生什么室? |
[23:50] | The tunnel’s still hot. We’re looking at evacuating Elk Horn. | 爱达荷发生什么室? 隧道还在梢 我们考虑要不要撤空麋角镇 |
[23:54] | – Elk Horn’s 20,000. – Yeah. | -麋角镇有两万人 -对 |
[23:57] | – We’ve done this before? – For hurricanes. Yeah. | -我们做过这种事吗? -暴风雨的时候 |
[24:01] | – This is a radioactive cloud. – I wouldn’t call it a cloud. | -那是辐射云层 -我不会说它是云 |
[24:05] | You wouldn’t call it the end of a Yankee game, either. | 你也不会说 它是洋基棒球赛的结尾 |
[24:08] | I don’t know. You got your sirens, route and tone alerts on local radio and TV. | 我不知道,你设好警报器 设定并随时注意广播跟电视发布 |
[24:12] | – Paul Reveres go out. – Civil defense volunteers. | -有人通风报信 -民间防卫志愿兵 |
[24:15] | Yeah, we got the armory in Caldwell, 75 miles away, for refugees. | 我们在卡德威尔有兵工厂 就在75里外,还有难民 |
[24:18] | Still, we’re talking about widespread panic and chaos, right? | 不过我们担心的 是全面的恐慌跟混乱对吧? |
[24:22] | I assume. | 我想是的 |
[24:28] | – Anything else? – I don’t wanna go back to my meeting. | -还有事吗? -我不想回我的会议 |
[24:31] | – Well, you’re not staying here. – Okay. | -你也不能待在这儿 -好吧 |
[24:38] | There must be 110 million for distance learning and telemedicine. | 远距教学跟远程医学 的一千一百万不能少 |
[24:41] | Can we shave that down? | 可以缩减吗? |
[24:43] | There are three rural committee members who love distance learning. | 有三个农村委员爱死了远距教学 |
[24:46] | I’m not sure I see the point if the rural poor don’t have Internet hookups. | 但是如果没有网路线 我不懂农村穷人要远距教学作什么 |
[24:50] | – Why don’t we plus-up the entire bill? – Sir? | -为什么不增加整个法案的预算? -长官? |
[24:53] | We get our Internet 52 million. They get to add 52 million… | 我们要花五千两百万的网路 他们就得增加五千两百万 |
[24:56] | …for Internet-blocking software or whatever they want. Can’t we do that? | 给网路断线软体或其他他们要的东西 我们可以这么作吗? |
[25:00] | One of the problems is they’re deficit hawks. | 问题之一是 他们是赤字督察 |
[25:02] | – We’re deficit hawks too. – That’s the other problem. | -我们也是赤字督察 -还有其他问题 |
[25:05] | All right, work with me here. What do they want? A bridge, a highway… | 好吧,现在跟我一起想 他们想要什么?桥、高速公路 |
[25:10] | …a soda machine? What do they want? – They want your name off the bill. | -贩卖机?他们想要什么? -他们想把你踢出法案外 |
[25:14] | They want your name off it. They love this bill. | 他们不希望看到你的名字 他们爱这个法案 |
[25:16] | Helping the poor learn computers so they can lift themselves up by the bootstraps? | 帮助穷人学电脑 他们就能自力更生? |
[25:21] | It gets voted out of committee unanimously, but it’s an election year. | 委员会一致通过法案 但这是选举年 |
[25:24] | When is it not an election year? | 何年不是选举年? |
[25:29] | I like what Daniel Webster said when the Whig Party offered him vice president: | 我喜欢当丹尼尔韦伯 被辉格党邀请担任副总统时说的话: |
[25:33] | “I do not propose to be buried until I am dead.” | “直到我死 我都不想被埋葬” |
[25:38] | I used to be every Republican’s favorite Democrat. | 我曾经是所有共和党员 最爱的民主党员 |
[25:44] | – Screw it, Sam. – Absolutely, Mr. Vice President. | -管他去,山姆 -当然,副总统先生 |
[25:51] | Let’s take my name off it. | 就把我名字拿掉吧 |
[25:54] | Yes, sir. | 是,长官 |
[26:04] | – Where’s Secretary Fisher? – He can’t make it tonight. | -费雪部长呢? -他今晚没空 |
[26:07] | – Excuse me? – The secretary’s at an NGA reception… | -什么? -部长正在参加全国州长大会 |
[26:10] | …at the Willard Hotel. She says he can see you tomorrow. | 她说他明天可以见你 |
[26:13] | – She? – His scheduler. | -她? -他的行程安排员 |
[26:15] | – You paged him. – She called back. | -你打他手机 -而她接了 |
[26:20] | Call Fisher or his scheduler and say: | 打电话给费雪或行程员说: |
[26:23] | “I want the secretary here in half an hour… | “我要部长在半小时内抵达这里 |
[26:25] | …to talk about moving his announcement to the briefing room… | 讨论将他的声明移到简报室 |
[26:29] | …because we have more TV cameras.” – Because we have… | -因为那里的电视镜头比较多” -因为我们有 |
[26:31] | The most dangerous place in Washington is between Bill Fisher and a TV camera. | 华盛顿最危险的地方 就是比尔费雪跟电视镜头之间 |
[26:44] | Clean as a whistle. | 干净溜溜 |
[26:46] | – Thank you. – Molly Morello. | -谢谢 -茉莉莫瑞罗 |
[26:48] | When was the last time I asked you for anything? | 我最后一次跟你讨人情是何时? |
[26:52] | – By the way, I found this. – What? | -对了,我找到这个 -什么? |
[26:55] | “A proclamation to modify the quantitative limitations… | “一份调整适合的麦片进口数量 |
[26:58] | …applicable to the imports of wheat gluten.” | 限制的宣言” |
[27:01] | We are just a little rococo, aren’t we? | 我们很有古典气息对吧? |
[27:04] | Why is Molly Morello less worthy of a proclamation than General Pulaski? | 为什么茉莉莫瑞罗 比不上普劳斯基将军? |
[27:08] | – I wish I knew who Pulaski was. – This is what I mean. | -我希望我知道普劳斯基是谁 -那就是我的意思 |
[27:10] | She’s not less worthy, but neither is she more than the other… | 她的价值不比他低 但她也没有赢过 |
[27:13] | …ninety thousand public school teachers who are retiring. | 其他九万名 即将退休的公立学校教师 |
[27:16] | Who weren’t lucky enough to have a staffer as a former student. | 她很幸运拥有一名 担任白宫幕僚的学生 |
[27:20] | – That’s trouble. – Who would find out? | -那就是麻烦 -谁会发现? |
[27:21] | “Who would find out” is also where we frequently find trouble. | “谁会发现” 就是我们发现麻烦的地方 |
[27:27] | – You’re right. – Yes. | -你说得对 -对 |
[27:30] | All right, you’re right. | 好吧,你说得对 |
[27:34] | – Hey. – You get it done? | -嗨 -你办好了? |
[27:35] | – Yeah. – He’s taking his name off it? | -对 -他除名了? |
[27:37] | Yeah. | 对 |
[27:39] | Well, it feels like we’re almost done in there. | 我们里面也快讨论完了 |
[27:42] | You wanna tell me what this meeting’s about now? | 你要不要告诉我现在在开什么会? |
[27:44] | Replacing Hoynes. | 换掉何尼斯 |
[27:47] | – What are you…? – Bruno wanted us to look at replacing. | -你在? -布鲁诺要我们考虑撤换他 |
[27:50] | – Josh. – So we’re looking at it. | -乔西 -所以我们正在考虑 |
[27:52] | We’re looking at it, and everybody’s treating me like… . | 我们正在讨论 大家都把我当成 |
[27:55] | – Why? – There’s electoral math. | -为什么? -选战数字改变 |
[28:00] | – Was I sent away? – No. | -我被故意支开的吗? -不是 |
[28:02] | – So I wouldn’t be at that meeting? – No. | -所以我才没参加这场会议? -不是 |
[28:05] | Are you talking about names? | 你们有提到名字吗? |
[28:08] | Fitzwallace, Leo and Ulysses S. Grant. | 费兹华利斯、里奥跟尤里西斯格兰特 |
[28:13] | Not for nothing, but before we go in there, I wanna be clear. | 在我们进去之前 当作我都不知道 |
[28:17] | I didn’t have to convince him or even suggest it. | 我没有说服或建议他 |
[28:20] | Right off the bat he said, “Let’s take my name off it.” | 他马上就说 “把我名字拿掉吧” |
[28:26] | – Yeah. – Leo? The vice president. | -好吧 -里奥?副总统 |
[28:28] | Thanks. You can go home now. | 谢谢,你可以回家了 |
[28:30] | – I go home when you go home. – I’ll get back to you. | -你回家我才回家 -我再跟你谈 |
[28:36] | Mr. Vice President, I like your style. | 副总统先生,我喜欢你的风格 |
[28:40] | – It’s money well spent. – It deserved to have your name on it. | -钱要花在该花的地方 -你的名字应该在上面 |
[28:43] | I’ve got my name on other stuff. | 其他法案还有我的名字 |
[28:45] | You know what I don’t like? I don’t like we can’t campaign on it. | 你知道我不喜欢什么吗? 我不喜欢我们不能拿来打选战 |
[28:49] | – Can you sit for a minute? – Yeah. | -可以请你坐一下吗? -当然 |
[28:56] | I’m in a bind, and I think you know what it is. | 我左右为难 我想你知道为什么 |
[28:59] | I’m sorry, I don’t. | 抱歉,我不知道 |
[29:02] | I respect the anonymity of an alcoholic, I can’t reveal what’s said in a meeting… | 我很尊重戒酒会的匿名制度 我不能泄漏会议中说的话 |
[29:06] | …but I’ve got a responsibility to the president, and in fact, to the country. | 但我对总统有责任 事实上,对这国家也有责任 |
[29:11] | Leo, I’m sorry. I honestly don’t know what you’re saying. | 里奥,我很抱歉 但我真的不知道你在说什么 |
[29:14] | – You’ve gotta tell the president. – Tell him what? | -你必须告诉总统 -告诉他什么? |
[29:17] | – That you’re an alcoholic. – Are you telling me he doesn’t know? | 酗酒者 -你告诉我他不知道? |
[29:21] | – How would he know? – You didn’t tell him? | -他怎么会知道? -你没告诉他? |
[29:24] | Of course I didn’t. | 我当然没 |
[29:25] | – Before you picked me, you didn’t tell? – No. | -在你选我之前,你没告诉他? -没 |
[29:34] | – I always assumed… – No. | -我一直以为 -没 |
[29:47] | Well… . | 那么 |
[29:52] | Let’s go see our boss. | 一起去见老板吧 |
[30:22] | – Hey. – How was the NGA? | -嗨 -全国州长大会开得如何? |
[30:25] | Oh, you know the governors, too many mandates, too little money. | 你知道州长是什么样 太多命令、太少钱 |
[30:28] | – I can hear that one at home. – Good one. | -我家也一样 -真好笑 |
[30:31] | – The governors liked it. – Yeah. | -州长喜欢 -是啊 |
[30:34] | Have you announced for the governor of New Jersey bill? | 你是不是帮纽泽西州长公告法案 比尔? |
[30:36] | – Excuse me? – Did I miss an announcement? | -什么? -我是不是错过你的公告? |
[30:39] | That’s three years away. I’m trying to serve… | 那是三年前的事了 我试着要 |
[30:41] | I never heard of these loans. So I’m assuming it’s a campaign proposal. | 我从没听过这些贷款 所以我猜想这些是选战花招 |
[30:46] | Camden and Newark will go nuts. I know it’s not national. | 卡姆敦跟纽华克会疯掉 我知道这不是国家政策 |
[30:49] | – Give me a break. – Know how I know? National programs… | -饶了我吧 -你知道我怎么发现吗?国家计划 |
[30:52] | …are announced by the president unless this White House passes on them first. | 是由总统公告 除非白宫先通过 |
[30:56] | Toby, this is a nickel-and-dime program. Calm down. | 托比,这只计划只值几毛钱 冷静点 |
[30:59] | Right. We’re announcing a new replacement for Social Security… | 没错,我们正要公告 新的社会安全福利 |
[31:03] | – I thought we were… – They’re not your nickels. | -我以为我们只是 -那不是你的钱 |
[31:05] | – They’re not your dimes! – Hang on a minute. | -不管只有几毛! -等等 |
[31:08] | The president asked me to join his Cabinet. | 总统邀我加入他的内阁 |
[31:11] | He asked me to stall my career with the agreement that he’d help me… | 他要我同意暂停我的事业 帮助他 |
[31:14] | You don’t want it. You’re helping yourself. | 你不是在帮他 你在帮你自己 |
[31:16] | If this announcement makes A17 of the Metro section, I’d be surprised. | 如果这项声明能跑到都会计划里 我会吓一跳 |
[31:20] | There’s one name on the ballot this November. | 今年十一月选票上只有一个名字 |
[31:23] | Not yours, not mine, not the governor of New Jersey. | 不是你,也不是我 更不是纽泽西州长 |
[31:25] | No one will work harder than Jed Bartlet to put you there. | 没有人比杰德巴特勒更努力 要把你狈上去 |
[31:28] | This president loses reelection, your career is finished, and so is mine. | 但如果这位总统输了选战 你的事业完了,我的也是 |
[31:34] | What’s your point? | 你的重点是? |
[31:38] | Next time you announce new policy that isn’t cleared… | 下次你再宣告未通过的声明 |
[31:41] | …we’re announcing you’re moving back to New Jersey. | 我们就会公告你搬回纽泽西 |
[31:46] | – What about the loans? – C.J. will announce them tomorrow. | -那房贷呢? -茜洁明天会公告 |
[31:50] | Come on. Let me do it with the president. | 别这样 至少让我跟总统一起公告 |
[31:53] | It’s too small for the president. | 这对总统说太小了 |
[31:57] | I’ve gotta go back to a meeting. | 我得回去开会了 |
[32:00] | – Yep. It was the rebate. – It wasn’t a rebate. It was an advance. | -没错,这是回扣 -这不是回扣,这是预付 |
[32:04] | – You say potato… . – I do say potato, so does everybody. | -你说马铃薯 -我说马铃薯,大家都说 |
[32:07] | We wanted to inject money into retail and tourism. | 我们想刺激零售跟旅游业的消费 |
[32:10] | Why not wait until people were supposed to have the money? | 为什么不等人们有钱时再刺激? |
[32:13] | The economy might have improved on its own by then. | 那时经济早就改善了 |
[32:16] | In which case, it would have been pointless. | 到时这一切就没有意义了 |
[32:18] | – Yeah. – Economists make it up as they go along. | -没错 -经济学家自己编的 |
[32:21] | – Yeah. – Did it work? | -对 -有用吗? |
[32:24] | Not that much. Most people did what you did. | 不太有效 大部分的人跟你一样 |
[32:27] | They saved or they paid down debt. | 他们存起来或负债 |
[32:30] | We don’t want people to save and reduce debt? | 你不希望人们存钱并减少负债吗? |
[32:32] | We do, but when the next guy’s president. | 我们希望 但下一个总统任期才这么做 |
[32:36] | – You win. – I always do. | -你赢了 -我永远都赢 |
[32:38] | Yes, sir. | 是,长官 |
[32:41] | – I’ll tell you what I find interesting. – What’s that? | -我告诉你什么最有趣 -什么? |
[32:44] | You. $35,000 a year, a sister to support… | 你,每年赚三万五千美元 扶养一个妹妹 |
[32:47] | …and you gave $ 1435 to charity? | 还捐了1435美元? |
[32:51] | I’m not sure that check isn’t better off in your hands. | 我不确定你是否应该付那张支票 |
[32:54] | Oh, I’m taking it. Don’t be ridiculous. | 我还是要拿,别开玩笑了 |
[32:57] | When you get to your place, you’re gonna find a DVD player… | 当你回到家时 你会发现一台DVD播放机 |
[33:00] | …and that wimp-ass Bond movie. – Mr. President… | -还有懦夫庞德电影 -总统先生 |
[33:03] | And I threw in Yeoman of the Guard on CD. | 我还送了一张卫队侍从 |
[33:08] | – That was an incredibly nice gesture. – I’m really something. | -那真的是太慷慨了 -我是个大好人 |
[33:11] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[33:14] | – Hey, John. – Could we have a minute, sir? | -约翰 -我们可以谈一下吗,长官? |
[33:16] | – Yeah. – Charlie, get that woman on the phone. | 查理,帮我打给那位女士 |
[33:19] | I’m feeling magical tonight. | 我今晚充满魔法 |
[33:23] | They’re in the tunnel. The readings show nothing… | 他们现在在隧道中 放射读数 |
[33:26] | …beyond the predictable level of radiation. | 没有超过预测的等级 |
[33:28] | The flatbed’s back on its way, and the Carlsbad is behind gates. | 平板车正在回来的路上 卡尔巴斯德就在门后 |
[33:31] | – So we dodged a bullet. – Yeah. | -所以我们躲过子弹了 -对 |
[33:34] | We pack this stuff in two inches of stainless steel, four inches of lead. | 我们把废料填充到两英尺的钢管 跟四英尺的铅管中 |
[33:38] | We rammed it with trains and dropped it from helicopters… | 我们用火车运输 从直升机上丢下 |
[33:42] | …and it still isn’t gonna protect us from the thing we haven’t thought of. | 这样还不能保护我们 免于未知的危险 |
[33:45] | They took a cast to Aberdeen Proving Ground and shot a missile through it. | 他们把车送到亚伯丁测试场 还用火箭射过它 |
[33:50] | They showed me video. What can I do for you? | 我看过录影带了 有什么需要效劳的吗? |
[33:53] | Sir, there’s something very important we need to talk to you about. | 长官, 有件非常重要的事 我们必须跟你谈 |
[33:57] | What? | 什么? |
[33:59] | Well, it’s delicate and surprising… | 这件事既复杂又令人惊讶 |
[34:02] | …and I wanna make sure your first reaction is measured, so I’d like us to… | 我想先确定你的反应 我想先 |
[34:06] | I’m a recovering alcoholic. | 我是康复中的酗酒患者 |
[34:09] | – Really? – Yes, sir. | -真的吗? -是,长官 |
[34:11] | – Is there anybody left who’s not? – Sir… | -这里还有谁不是? -长官 |
[34:14] | – For how long? – I’m sorry? | -多久了? -什么? |
[34:16] | – How long have you been in recovery? – My last drink… | -你康复有多久了? -我的最后一杯酒 |
[34:19] | …it was the year I was 22. – Did you say 22? | -是在22岁时 -你刚刚说22岁? |
[34:22] | – Yes, sir. – You haven’t had a drink since 22? | -是,长官 -你从22岁之后就没碰过酒? |
[34:24] | – That’s right. – I didn’t start drinking till I was 25. | -没错 -我从25岁才开始喝酒 |
[34:27] | – What the hell do you guys count… – There’s a history… | -你们这些家伙在搞 -我有家族历史 |
[34:30] | …in my family, and I had a few experiences in college. | 我在大学也有一些经验 |
[34:33] | I liked beer a lot. So I started going to meetings. | 我很爱喝啤酒 所以我开始参加匿名戒酒会 |
[34:36] | – I’m pretty sure if I stopped… – Twenty-two? | -我很确定我在 -22岁? |
[34:38] | – Yes, sir. – You and James Bond ought to team up. | -是,长官 -你跟詹姆士庞德一样弱 |
[34:42] | – I don’t… . – Don’t worry. | -我不 -别担心 |
[34:44] | He’s ordering a watered-down martini, and Leo, what is this meeting… | 他只点加水的马丁尼 还有里奥,对面大厅 |
[34:47] | …going on across the hall? – We can talk about it later. | -到底在开什么会? -我们待会再谈 |
[34:51] | It’s a meeting about having me replaced on the ticket. | 关于把我从选票上换掉的会议 |
[34:53] | I know how to count to 270. | 我自己会想 |
[34:59] | John, I assure you… I assure you that if it were a serious notion, we would… | 约翰,我向你保证 如果有严重的结果,我们会 |
[35:04] | – Texas is gone. So is Florida. – We’re not doing it. | -我们失去德州,还有佛州 -我们不会这么作 |
[35:07] | – You should think about it. – Are you taking your name off that bill? | -你们应该考虑 -你要把名字从法案上去掉? |
[35:11] | Nobody benefits from the Internet right now more than the rural poor. | 没有人比农村穷人 更能从网路受惠 |
[35:16] | You’re taking your name off. We can’t campaign on it. | 如果你把名字拿掉 就不能用来打选战了 |
[35:19] | – Yes, sir. – And if somebody’s attacking us… | -是,长官 -如果有人攻击我们 |
[35:22] | …you know what to do. | 你知道该怎么作 |
[35:26] | I call Leo. | 我会打给里奥 |
[35:28] | Yeah, but don’t discount the possibility that it might be Leo. | 很好,但也别忘了 里奥也是候选人的可能性 |
[35:31] | Yes, sir. | 是,长官 |
[35:33] | John, despite this recent revelation that you drank beer in college… | 约翰 除了你承认在大学喝酒以外 |
[35:37] | …I’ve always liked you a little more than you thought I did. | 我一直都很喜欢你 多于你所想像 |
[35:40] | But that’s not why you’re staying. It’s this. | 但那不是你留下的原因 这才是 |
[35:47] | Four words. | 四个字 |
[36:01] | I’ve always liked you more than you thought I did too. | 我也一直都很喜欢你 多于你所想像 |
[36:04] | Just a little, right? | 只多一点点对吧? |
[36:06] | – Yes, sir. – Me too. | -是,长官 -我也是 |
[36:09] | Anything else? | 还有事吗? |
[36:13] | – Thank you, Mr. President. – Thank you, sir. | -谢谢,总统先生 -谢谢,长官 |
[36:21] | Charlie! | 查理! |
[36:24] | – Yes, sir. – Let’s go. I’m a magic man. | -是,长官 -走吧,我是神奇人 |
[36:33] | – Donnatella. – Good evening, Mr. President. | -唐娜泰� -晚安,总统先生 |
[36:36] | Tell Josh that General Pulaski was a Polish brigadier general… | 告诉乔西普劳斯基将军 是位波兰准将 |
[36:41] | …who vanquished the Russian and Prussian military, came to the colonies… | 他击溃俄罗斯跟普鲁士军队 来到殖民地 |
[36:45] | …and commanded our cavalry during the Revolution. | 并在独立革命组织骑兵队 |
[36:47] | – I will. – It says here… | -我会的 -这张 |
[36:49] | …in a briefing paper hastily written by Deputy Josh Lyman… | 副官乔西赖曼草写的简报纸上说 |
[36:53] | …that in the ’60s, when the Madison superintendent banned Twelfth Night… | 在60年代,麦迪逊教长 下令禁读第十二夜 |
[36:58] | …for reasons passing understanding… | 因为其中传达的知识 |
[37:00] | …a Mrs. Molly Morello had students over to her home on Saturdays to read it. | 茉莉莫瑞罗夫人请学生 在周六到她家读这本书 |
[37:05] | I didn’t know that, sir. | 我不知道,长官 |
[37:07] | Josh wrote you a memo on Molly Morello? | 乔西写一张关于 茉莉莫瑞罗的备忘录给你? |
[37:10] | Yeah, because all I had tonight was a nuclear spill in Idaho. | 对,因为我整晚只有 爱达荷的核废料外泄好读 |
[37:13] | It says,”She came in two hours early to teach an AP English class… | 上面说“她会提早两小时 来教她自己准备的 |
[37:18] | …she developed, because the school didn’t offer one.” | 英文先修课程 因为学校没有这种课程” |
[37:21] | – I was in that class. – She deserves a proclamation. | -我也在那堂课 -她的确值得一场宣言 |
[37:24] | – I wish I could give her one, but I can’t. – I understand. | -我希望我可以给她,但我不行 -我了解 |
[37:27] | It’s just too much inside baseball, you know? | 里面牵涉的政治游戏太多了 你知道吧? |
[37:31] | You’re very nice to even talk to me about it. | 您跟我谈话就已经非常慷慨了 |
[37:33] | Charlie, I’ve been tapping my finger on the desk for about a minute now. | 查理,我一直在桌上敲手指 快要有一分钟 |
[37:37] | – Sir? – The magic-man thing works better… | -长官? -当你给神奇人信号 |
[37:41] | …when you pick up on signals, Tonto. What’s that you say? | 他会更有魔力 多多,你说什么? |
[37:44] | There’s a phone call for Donna? Good evening. | 有通给唐娜的电话? 晚安 |
[37:47] | This is the White House. For whom are you holding? | 这里是白宫 请问你找哪位? |
[37:49] | I’m holding for Donna Moss. This is Mrs. Morello. | 我找唐娜摩斯 我是莫瑞罗太太 |
[37:53] | – Oh, my God. – Donna? | -我的天哪 -唐娜? |
[37:55] | – Mrs. Morello, it’s me. – Is everything all right? | -莫瑞罗老师,是我 -你还好吧? |
[37:58] | Everything’s fine. | 一切都很好 |
[38:00] | I hadn ‘t heard from you in a long time, so l… | 我好久没听到你的消息了 所以我 |
[38:03] | No. Everything’s fine. Sally Seidelman told me you were retiring. | 一切都很好 莎莉西达曼说您要退休了 |
[38:08] | Yes, at the end of this year. | 对,今年年底 |
[38:11] | Well, I just wanted to say… . | 我只是想说 |
[38:16] | I don’t know, I just… . | 我不知道,我只是 |
[38:19] | I just wanted to say… . | 我只是想说 |
[38:23] | – I don’t know. – Are you sure everything’s all right? | -我不知道 -一切都还好吧? |
[38:27] | – Tell her where you are. – Donna? | -告诉她你在哪里 -唐娜? |
[38:29] | I’m in the Oval Office with the President of the United States… | 我现在正跟美国总统 在椭圆办公室 |
[38:33] | …and it’s because of you. | 都是因为你 |
[38:38] | – Mrs. Morello? – What a thing to say. | -莫瑞罗老师? -这真是大事 |
[38:42] | – We’re all very proud of you, Donna. – She didn’t do anything. | -我们非常以你为荣,唐娜 -她什么也没做 |
[38:47] | – Was that…? – It’s Jed Bartlet, Mrs. Morello. | -那是? -我是杰德巴特勒,莫瑞罗太太 |
[38:50] | I’ve got a couple of questions. | 我有几个问题 |
[38:53] | When you taught Beowulf, did you make the kids read it… | 当你教贝尔奥夫时 你让孩子们 |
[38:56] | …in the original Middle English or did you use a translation? | 读中古英文原文 还是翻译本? |
[38:59] | – We used a translation, Mr. President. – Okay. | -我们读翻译本,总统先生 -好吧 |
[39:01] | – We’ll call that the James Bond version. – Yes, sir. | -我们就称它为詹姆士庞德版本 -是,长官 |
[39:04] | What are you doing with your retirement? | 你退休后要做什么? |
[39:07] | – My husband and I were gonna travel. – That’s great. | -我丈夫跟我要去旅行 -真好 |
[39:10] | I’d stay away from the Elk Horn, Idaho area for a little while. | 我劝你们暂时不要靠近 爱达荷的麋角镇 |
[39:15] | You’ll read why in the morning. | 你明晨就会知道为什么 |
[39:18] | Let’s talk about Twelfth Night. | 我们来谈谈第十二夜 |
[39:21] | – Twenty-two? – Yeah. | -22岁? -对 |
[39:23] | – You haven’t had a drink since 22? – Right. | -你自从22岁就没碰过酒? -对 |
[39:26] | – Grant would have slapped your face. – He did once. | -格兰特会往你脸上赏巴掌 -他是打过 |
[39:29] | Listen, it’s fine that this is funny and, Mr. Vice President, I couldn’t care less. | 听着,这虽然好笑 但是副总统先生,我一点也不在乎 |
[39:34] | – But what about the campaign? – What about it? | -那选战怎么办? -怎么了? |
[39:36] | – President just got past an honesty issue. – He’s not past it. | -总统刚通过诚实测试 -他没通过 |
[39:39] | – If it becomes public… – That’s a big assumption. | -如果这件事被公开 -很有可能 |
[39:42] | No, it’s not. | 不,没可能 |
[39:43] | I think that issue is probably worth further discussion… | 我想诚实很有可能 值得拿来继续讨论 |
[39:46] | …but we’re done talking about the ticket. | 但是选票的事已经不用再提 |
[39:49] | The president wants the vice president to remain the vice president… | 总统希望副总统继续当副总统 |
[39:52] | …and he wrote down his one and only reason. | 他还写下他唯一的理由 |
[40:07] | “Because I could die.” | “因为我可能会死” |
[40:13] | Well, of course, he’s right, sir. | 当然,他说得对,长官 |
[40:18] | It doesn’t solve the problem of the electoral math. | 这还是没办法解决选战数字的问题 |
[40:20] | I don’t know what the field will look like after Labor Day. | 我不知道劳工节后 事情会变得怎样 |
[40:23] | It’ll be shaken up, but right now the math’s tough. | 数字会大幅波动 但是现在情况很急 |
[40:26] | And I know you all think he’s a punch line, and I know why. | 我知道你们都认为他是关键 我知道为什么 |
[40:29] | But I disagree. | 但我不同意 |
[40:31] | They’re sure running the right guy against us. | 他们选的人是很强的对手 |
[40:48] | Am I the only one who thinks a giant sumo wrestler… | 难道只有我认为相扑选手 |
[40:50] | …and a hockey goal might get the job done? | 最适合站在曲棍球得分区吗? |
[40:58] | I don’t know. I’m open to new ideas. | 我不知道,我接纳所有新意见 |