时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:08] | I always get asked,”What would be a win in the debates?” | 常有人问我“辩论如何才算分胜负?” |
[00:11] | If we don’t get elected, I promise you, President Ritchie… | 如果我们没选上 我跟你保证,李奇总统 |
[00:14] | …is gonna have a lot less sympathy for your agenda. | 不会对你们的问题有太多的同情 |
[00:17] | You’re what my friends call a superior son of a bitch. | 你们是我的朋友所谓的 “超级大混蛋” |
[00:20] | – And you can’t be trusted. – Wait till the debates. | -你是不可信任的 -等到辩论会就知道了 |
[00:24] | – Election’s in six weeks, Mr. President. – Where are we in the vote? | -再六星期就大选了,总统先生 -我们目前的情况如何? |
[00:27] | – We’re slipping a little bit, sir. – Are you taking this personally? | -我们下滑一点了,先生 -你视为私人恩怨吗? |
[00:30] | We should have a great debate, Rob. We owe it to everyone. | 我们应该有精彩辩论,罗伯 我们不能辜负大家的期望 |
[00:34] | I know how Ritchie will win the election. | 我知道李奇打算怎么赢了 剧名:总统辩论会的训练准备营 |
[00:41] | Affirmative action and quotas are about two different things. | 少数民族平等就学就业法案 与其配额是两码子事 |
[00:44] | Affirmative action provides opportunities people might not otherwise get. | 平等法案是提供机会 给凭自己可能无法获取的人民 (塞普路克公共政策研究所) (费斯市,北卡罗莱纳 下午一点) |
[00:51] | You talk about providing opportunity, but support racial profiling. | 你谈到提供机会 但却支持种族刻板印象这种偏见 |
[00:54] | – I don’t support racial profiling. – Your nominee for attorney general did. | -我不支持种族刻板印象 -你以前提名的首席检察官支持 |
[00:59] | – Can you tell us why you nominated him? – Why? | -你能说你为何提名他吗? -为什么? |
[01:01] | – Yes. – Because bite me, that’s why. | -是的 -因为我喜欢,不然你想怎样? |
[01:04] | – It’s a legitimate question. – It’s been almost four years, Sam. | -这是一个很好的问题 -山姆,都快四年了 |
[01:07] | – How long you wanna say”Told you so”? – He wasn’t saying”I told you so,” sir. | -你想再说多久“早就告诉过你了”? -他不是在说“早就告诉过你” |
[01:12] | – We need an answer on Rooker. – What’s wrong with”bite me”? | -路克的事,我们需要一个答案 -“不然你想怎样”有什么不对的? |
[01:15] | – I think we’d lose. – Not in New Jersey. | -我想我们会输 -在纽泽西就不会输 |
[01:17] | “It’s never been shown profiling works. I’m against it.” | “种族刻板印象是行不通的 我反对这种东西” |
[01:19] | – That answer’s simple. – We can make it complicated. | -这样的回答很简单 -我们可以搞得复杂一点 |
[01:22] | A lot of people in… | 很多的人 |
[01:24] | – Do you mind if I…? – No. | -我可不可以? -好 |
[01:26] | She was talking to me, Dexter. What? | 她是在跟我说话,书呆子 什么? |
[01:28] | Lots of people in law enforcement believe it helps them do a better job. | 很多执法的人员都认为种族刻板印象 有助于他们办案 |
[01:32] | – Not everyone’s against it. – I’m against it. | -并非所有的人都反对 -我反对 |
[01:34] | So are the voters, but I think what… | 选民也反对,可是我觉得 |
[01:36] | – How you doing there, Joey? Kippy? – Kenny. | -你们好吗,乔伊、基皮? -肯尼 |
[01:39] | I think, Mr. President, that what Congresswoman Wyatt was saying is… | 我想,总统先生 惠特议员是在说 |
[01:44] | …if we can figure out a way to make this answer about the drug war… | 如果我们可以针对毒品战争 想到好答案 |
[01:47] | …we can talk about successes. – That what you were saying? | -我们就有成功的希望 -你是这个意思? |
[01:50] | – Yes. – Ritchie will bring back the fact… | -是的 -李奇会把问题拉回到 |
[01:52] | …you don’t know your position on it. – I do know. | -事实上你不知道你对此事的立场 -我是知道的 |
[01:55] | We’re losing the question. It’s,”What was the story with Rooker?” | 我们在这问题上失去优势了 关键是“路克的问题要怎么回答?” |
[01:59] | We gave him support until it was clear an increasingly divided Congress… | 我们之前一直支持他 直到国会愈来愈分裂的 |
[02:02] | …would shoot down our nominee. – We withdrew the nomination. | -想要把我们提名的人打下来 -最后我们也取消他的提名 |
[02:06] | Why not blow past the nomination fight and give an unambiguous statement… | 何不忘了过去的提名纷争 找个清晰的议题 |
[02:11] | …in support of law enforcement. No one’s for fairer law enforcement. | 支持执法行动 没有人在乎更有效率的执法吗? |
[02:15] | – That won’t be the question. – Why not just say we screwed up? | -问题不是这样 -何不直接说我们以前错了? |
[02:19] | “Mr. Rooker is a devoted crime-fighter. We had our differences. | “路克先生是个与罪犯对抗的战将 我们也有我们对事情不同的看法 |
[02:22] | – But on this, all Americans can agree…” – Excuse me. | -但在此议题,所有美国人都同意 -对不起 |
[02:26] | – Were you doing me just then? – I was offering an answer… | -你刚才是在模仿我吗? -我只是在提出一个回答 |
[02:29] | – You were doing me. – I may have slipped into it. | -你在模仿我 -我可能无意中学了 |
[02:31] | Anybody else do a pretty good Bartlet? It’s talent night here at debate camp. | 还有人要模仿巴特勒的吗? 今天是我们的辩论营模仿大赛 |
[02:35] | – Anybody wanna do a little skit? – No, sir. | -还有谁想讽刺人的? -没有,先生 |
[02:50] | Apparently eight Israeli Thunder fighters… | 很明显地有八架以色列奔雷战斗机 |
[02:53] | …also known as American-made Boeing F-15E Strike Eagles… | 也就是美国制的波音F15E |
[02:58] | …have hit two terrorist bases in the north and south of Qumar. | 攻击了库马北边、南边的 两座恐怖基地 |
[03:02] | While no Qumari government personnel or institutions were destroyed… | 不过,没有摧毁 任何库马的政府人员或机关 |
[03:06] | …Qumar, of course, considers an attack on its soil to be an act of war. | 库马,当然视此攻击领土行动 为宣战之行为 |
[03:10] | So we are, as always, one bad bottle of tequila… | 所以我们跟往常一样 手上又多了一杯 |
[03:14] | …away from all-out war in West Asia. | 远在西亚的战争苦酒 |
[03:19] | Would you like to take this one or shall I? | 你要接手这一个 或是要我来? |
[03:21] | Why don’t you get this one, I’ll get the next one. | 你接,我来负责下一个 |
[03:24] | – Okay. – We’ve got a secure room. | -好 -我们必须到国安会议室了 |
[03:26] | I agreed to be locked up with you for 48 hours. How much time do I have left? | 我同意跟各位关在一起48小时 现在我还剩多少时间? |
[03:31] | Forty-seven hours, 41 minutes. | 47小时41分钟 主演:罗伯洛 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宝塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[04:24] | Hutchinson and Berryhill are hooked in, along with Nancy and Fitzwallace… | 杭奇森跟贝瑞希尔还有南西 费兹华利斯都会进来 |
[04:28] | …and we’re still getting Peter. – Defense Condition 3… | -我们还在找彼得过来 -在库马基地 |
[04:31] | …for the bases in Qumar is what? – Mike. | -的防卫状况3是什么? -麦克 |
[04:33] | It deploys the Independence to the Gulf. They’ve got 75 aircraft. | 是在波斯湾布署《独立号》 上面有75架的飞机 |
[04:37] | – What’s happening on the ground? – AC Striker recon says 30,000 troops… | -地面上的情况呢? -据报有三万人的部队 |
[04:41] | …are massing at the Syrian border. – That was fast. | -在叙利亚边境集结 -速度很快 |
[04:44] | – We’re not there. – We’re getting MILSAT confirmation. | -我们还没到那里 -我们已从军用通讯卫星得到证实 |
[04:47] | Ten-hut. | 敬礼 |
[04:51] | You have Secretaries Hutchinson and Berryhill, Director Kato… | 与会的有杭奇森 与贝瑞希尔部长加图总监 |
[04:55] | …Chairman Fitzwallace and Dr. McNally. – All right. | -费兹华利斯主席与麦纳利博士 -好 |
[04:58] | Well, we’ve got ourselves a Marx Brothers’ movie. | 好了,我们现在很像在演闹剧了 |
[05:01] | Sir, it’s Ken. On your order we’ll put CTU on high alert. | 先生,我是坎,将依您的命令 将反恐警报置于高警戒 |
[05:04] | You have the order. Oh, Fitz? How you doing? | 如你所请 哦,费兹?你好吗? |
[05:08] | Fine, thank you, sir, and you? | 很好,谢谢你,先生,你呢? |
[05:10] | Well, we’ve made camp in North Carolina for prep… | 嗯,我们在北卡参加一个准备营 |
[05:13] | …so I’ve been thinking about killing myself. Let me ask you. | 好训练我烦死自己,我问你 |
[05:16] | Besides Qumar, Iran, Syria, Hezbollah… | 除了库马、伊朗 叙利亚、真主党 |
[05:18] | …they’ve all got short- And medium-range missiles. | 他们全有短、中程飞弹 |
[05:21] | If Israel feels threatened by them, what happens? | 如果以色列觉得被他们威胁 会发生什么事? |
[05:24] | -They launch a pre-emptive strike. – But before that… | -他们会先发制人的攻击 -不过之前 |
[05:27] | …Qumar shows its teeth, right? Yeah, so what happens then? | 库马会先威胁,对吧? 制片:尼尔海恩二世 |
[05:30] | They’ll want something in exchange for standing down. | -对,然后会怎样? -他们会以退让来交换一些东西 |
[05:32] | For the moment they haven’t stood up. But in the meantime… | 制片:保罗瑞福 他们目前还没开始 不过,在此同时 |
[05:36] | …let’s think of something to give them. – We should do that in the meantime? | -我们来想想能有什么能给他们的 -我们得这样? |
[05:40] | We should think of something to give them? | 我得想想有什么能给他们? |
[05:42] | Can we not fight in front of the Joint Chiefs? | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 我们可以别在首长面前争吵吗? |
[05:45] | It just scares the hell out of them. | 会把他们吓坏的 |
[05:49] | – Yes. – Would you put our bases in Qumar… | -是的 -你可以把我们在库马的基地 |
[05:52] | …at Defense Condition 3 and put the U.S. military at DEFCON-4. | 放在防卫状况3 再把美军放在防卫状况4? |
[05:56] | -Yes, sir. – Thank you. | -是的,先生 -谢谢你 |
[06:03] | Andy? Couple of things. | 制片:李维林威尔斯 安娣?有点事要你帮忙 |
[06:06] | I need you to look at a couple of answers on defense readiness. | 编剧:艾伦索金 我需要你准备一些 关于国防准备的东西 |
[06:09] | I need concrete examples of waste in Pentagon procurement. | 我需要五角大厦采购浪费 确实的案例 |
[06:13] | We need two more members of the IRC for post-spin. | 我们需要多两名红十字的成员 |
[06:16] | Fill out this marriage license and paperwork for a joint checking account. | 导演:巴利斯巴魁雷 填好这张结婚证书跟文件 才能办联合户头 |
[06:21] | And review the 60-second answer on Rwanda. | 检查这卢安达的六十秒回答内容 |
[06:24] | Okay. Okay. Okay. | 好,好,好 |
[06:26] | Under no circumstances. And, sure. | 别想 还有,真的要? |
[06:29] | By my count, you said”Under no circumstances” to the IRC post-spin… | 我猜,你是说 “别想”再来两个红十字的 |
[06:33] | I said”under no circumstances” to marrying you again. | 我是说“别想”再跟我结婚 |
[06:36] | – May I ask why? – I have the experience of having done it. | -我能请教你为什么吗? -我已经领教过了 |
[06:40] | – Well… – I have to get to the things you gave me. | -嗯 -我得去做你交待的东西了 |
[06:42] | A person’s running for president. | 有人还得选总统 |
[06:47] | – Hey. | – Hey. That was good, Sam. -嘿 -嘿,做得很好,山姆 |
[06:51] | – Stay up in his face, don’t back off. – You wanna shoot for two minutes? | -勇敢的面对他,别退缩 -你想打两分钟球吗? |
[06:55] | – Yeah. – He’s right, don’t back off. | -好 -他说得了,别退缩 |
[06:58] | – What’s up with Andy? – Nothing. | -安娣怎么了? -没什么 |
[06:59] | I think you’re wrong and you’re getting back together. | 我想你错了 你们已经破镜重圆了 |
[07:02] | – We’re not. – But you want to. | -没有 -不过你很想 |
[07:04] | – Yes. – I think… Wait, what? | -对 -我想等一下,什么? |
[07:06] | See, sometimes if I slam on the brakes you just run right past. | 瞧,我只要踩刹车 你就会反应不及 |
[07:10] | Fill us in on everything so far between the two of you. | 把你们两个最近的进展 一点一点的给我们修补一下 |
[07:13] | Yeah. That’s what’s gonna happen right now. | 对,目前最需要的就是修补一下 |
[07:15] | – If you do… – You gonna stay up in his face? | -如果你能 -你要当面挑战他? |
[07:18] | – Did you hear me say I would? – No. | -我有说我要挑战他吗? -没有 |
[07:19] | Well, I will. | 嗯,我会的 |
[07:22] | Listen, let me tell you something. What I said wasn’t personal. | 听我说,我那样说 可不是为了个人恩怨 |
[07:25] | – Who said it was? – He did. | -谁会这样想? -他本人 |
[07:27] | He said it’s been years, when will I stop saying”I told you so”… | 他说这么多年了 我何时才能别说“告诉你了” |
[07:31] | …and that wasn’t… I was… | 那可不是我是 |
[07:33] | Let’s say we were new, we made mistakes. We’d just gotten to the… | 我们这样说好了,我们是新人 我们会犯错,我们就是会 |
[07:37] | We weren’t even in the White House when we heard Rooker… | 我们听到路克的事时 我们根本还没在白宫 |
[07:40] | – It was, like, January 5th. – It was the 15th. | -那是,好像一月五日 -是一月十五日 |
[07:43] | It was January 15th. | 是一月十五日 |
[07:45] | -How do you remember? -I just do. | -你怎么可能记得? -我就是记得 |
[07:48] | Cornell Rooker’s gonna be the attorney general. | 康奈尔路克将会担任首席检察官 (巴特勒交接办公室 就职日前五天) 他现在正跟州长在通电话 |
[07:52] | He’s on the phone with the governor right now. | |
[07:55] | – We’re settled on that? – Yes. It’s Cornell Rooker… | -我们决定要他? -对,是康奈尔路克 |
[07:57] | …if he’s on the phone saying yes. If he’s saying no, it’ll be somebody else. | 如果他在电话上说好 如果他不答应,那就找别人 |
[08:01] | – Well analyzed. – I thought there’d be… | -分析得好 -我还以为会要 |
[08:04] | …more conversations about the conservative tendencies. | 对他保守倾向的言行多讨论一阵 |
[08:06] | – Like privacy? – Yeah. | -就像隐私权部分? -对 |
[08:08] | He’s a Democrat with a record the right wing can’t complain about. | 他是有政绩的又是右派人士 无法抱怨的民主党人 |
[08:11] | – Josh, I’m looking for Donna. – Donna’s at the White House. | -乔西,我要找唐娜 -唐娜在白宫 |
[08:15] | – She’s at the White House? – Yes. | -她在白宫? -对 |
[08:17] | – The old tenants are there. – Her predecessor’s taking her out. | -前朝遗民还在那里 -她要接的那个人带她出去 |
[08:20] | The assistant to Mack McConnell, assistant to the Deputy C.O.S. | 就是马克麦康纳 副参谋长的助理 |
[08:24] | Nobody did that with me. | 怎么没有人来带我呢? |
[08:27] | – Anybody do that with you? – He’s who Judiciary calls… | -有人带你吗? -他是司法体系 |
[08:30] | …when they wanna put a stamp on, and has a record conservatives like. | 想要的人选 而且他有相当受保守派欢迎的纪录 |
[08:34] | Our opponent had a record conservatives can’t complain about, but he lost. | 我们的对手也有受保守派欢迎的纪录 可是他输了 |
[08:38] | – Excuse me, Mr. Ziegler? – Yeah? | -对不起,齐格先生? -是? |
[08:41] | Congresswoman Wyatt is here in person and she’s asking to see you. | 惠特议员亲自来访 她想见你 |
[08:44] | Yeah. | 好 |
[08:46] | Congresswoman Wyatt is also Mrs. Ziegler. Just… | 惠特议员女士 同时也就是齐格夫人,请 |
[08:49] | – I’ll be right out. – Yes, sir. | -我马上出去 -是的,先生 |
[08:53] | – You think we’ll get hit from the left? – I do. Look… | -你觉得我们会受到左派的攻击 -是,听着 |
[08:57] | – He gets a honeymoon. – You’re missing my point. | -现在是他蜜月期,要好好利用 -你没懂我的观点 |
[08:59] | – What? – I think he’ll be confirmed. | -什么? -不论如何他都会被接受的 |
[09:01] | We might even get the honeymoon from the left. | 搞不好连左派人士 都会给我们一蜜月假期 |
[09:04] | – But? – I’m not sure he’s the right guy. | -不过? -不过我不确定他是适合人选 |
[09:08] | We got Rooker. | 我们得到路克的同意了 |
[09:13] | – Donna? – Yeah. | -唐娜吗? -是的 |
[09:15] | Jeff Johnson. Come on back. | 我是杰夫强森,请随我来 |
[09:19] | This was incredibly nice of you. | 你真是太好了 |
[09:21] | The guy before did it for me. Maybe you will do it for someone else in four years. | 我之前接的那的人也带过我 也许你四年后也会帮接你的人 |
[09:26] | – Eight years. – Whatever. | -八年后 -随便 |
[09:29] | – Is this where I’ll be working? – Who knows. | -这就是我以后工作的地点吗? -天晓得 |
[09:33] | The White House re-invents itself every administration. It’s never the same. | 白宫每一任都在重新装修 变来变去的 |
[09:37] | There are things that won’t be in your briefing. Wanna hear them? | 有些不在简报里的事 你想听听吗? |
[09:40] | – Sure. – Never wear your badge off-campus. | -当然 -不要戴识别证出去 |
[09:43] | It’s like wearing a bull’s-eye. Don’t let your kids get mail out of the mailbox. | 否则会引人侧目 别让你的小孩把邮箱的邮件拿出来 |
[09:48] | You don’t know what separatist sent you mail. | 因为你无法得知分离主义者 会寄什么怪东西来给你 |
[09:50] | – I don’t have kids. – Good. | -我没有小孩 -很好 |
[09:52] | There are days you’ll need to be here at 8… | 因为有时候你得八点就到了 |
[09:54] | …and not go home till 6 or 7. | 有时六、七点才能回家 |
[09:57] | What else? | 还有呢? |
[09:59] | The iodine tablets, some people take them, some don’t. | 碘片,有人吃、有人不吃 |
[10:02] | I did, but you can ask your doctor. | 我是吃的 不过你可以问你的医生 |
[10:06] | What’s the iodine for? | 吃碘片干什么? |
[10:09] | It protects your thyroid from the radiation. | 可保护你的甲状腺不受辐射影响 |
[10:13] | – Why is there radiation? – There’s an XW-9 warhead… | -为什么会有辐射? -有个XW9的弹头 |
[10:16] | …in a silo 93 feet below the Eisenhower Putting Green. | 就藏在艾森豪果岭地底93英尺的 飞弹发射台 |
[10:20] | They say it’s not enough radiation to hurt you, but you wanna take chances… | 他们是说辐射量不会伤人 不过你该不会想 |
[10:24] | …with something like that? – Really. Wow. God, no. | -冒这类的风险吧? -真的,哇,天,不要 |
[10:28] | Listen, before I forget, I’ve gotta hit you up for a favor. | 听着,趁我还没忘 我得找你帮个忙 |
[10:31] | My girlfriend’s a stringer for a teen magazine, it’s called Twenty-one. | 我的女朋友是 青少女杂志《二十一》的记者 |
[10:35] | With all the young people coming in, they wanna do a story, and… | 由于进来很多年轻人 他们想做一篇报导 |
[10:39] | …with the way you look… Any chance she could get a 10-minute phoner? | 你看起很好能让她 做个十分钟的电话访问吗? |
[10:43] | No problem, you can give her the number. | 没问题,你可以把电话给她 |
[10:46] | You ready for lunch? Where to? | 你准备吃中饭了没? 要去哪里? |
[10:48] | – You tell me. I don’t know anything. – Okay. | -你告诉我,我什么都还不熟 -好 |
[10:57] | – Everything okay? – I couldn’t get you on your phone… | -没事吧? -我没办法打通你的电话 |
[11:00] | …and I was on the tenth floor. They need another sample. | 而且我就在十楼 他们需要另一个样本 |
[11:03] | – Why? – There was a blackout in Alexandria… | -为什么? -亚历山卓区停电了 |
[11:06] | …and the incubator was without power for 45 minutes. | 恒温器没电四十五分 |
[11:11] | We maybe talk about this over here? | 我们可以在这地方讨论这种事吗? |
[11:16] | – A blackout in Alexandria? – It’s a cab ride. | -亚历山卓停电了? -像搭计程车一样 |
[11:19] | – You’re in, you’re out, no sweat. – No, it’s not no sweat. | -你进去一下、出来,一点不麻烦 -不,谁说不麻烦的 |
[11:23] | In fact, it’s a little bit gruesome. | 事实上,很恐怖的 |
[11:26] | – It’s gruesome? – It’s something. | -恐怖? -很麻烦 |
[11:28] | You get off on the fourth floor, which is clearly marked… | 你得到四楼 上面还标示着 |
[11:31] | …for all the other elevator passengers to read that it’s the fertility clinic. | 那是不孕症诊所楼层 给所有搭电梯的人看 |
[11:36] | You try to show with body language that it’s not you, and that’s impossible. | 你得表现出那不干你的事 太难了 |
[11:40] | An 84-year-old Welsh nurse hands you a paper bag with a cup and a video… | 然后一个八十四岁的老护士 拿纸袋、纸杯跟一卷录影带给你 |
[11:45] | …and points the way toward a room. I won’t even tell you the name. | 还比着一间小房间给你看 我不想跟你说那房间的名称 |
[11:48] | – What’s the name? – It’s not a good out-loud word. | -什么名称? -不是容易说出口的名词 |
[11:54] | You take the longest walk of your life back to the Welsh nurse… | 最后你会很为难的、很慢的 走回老护士那边 |
[11:58] | …who takes the cup out of the bag and says,”Very nice.” | 她会从纸袋里拿出纸杯 然后说“很好” |
[12:01] | I need you to do this now. There is a timing thing. | 我需要你现在就配合 这是有时间性的 |
[12:04] | Can it wait until next week because…? | 不能等到下星期吗?因为 |
[12:06] | It’s January 15th, Andy. I can’t have a baby today. | 安娣,今天是一月十五日 我今天没办法生小孩 |
[12:12] | He’s getting sworn in in five days. I’m not saying never. Can we… | 他再过五天就要宣誓就职了 我不是说永远不配合,我们不能 |
[12:16] | …wait five days? – Sure. | -等五天? -可以 |
[12:22] | How’s it going? | 还顺利吗? |
[12:25] | Rooker’s gonna be the AG. | 路克会成为首席检察官 |
[12:31] | Mr. Ziegler! | 齐格先生! |
[12:33] | – Yeah? – Sorry for shouting. Joey’s ready. | -嗯? -不好意思大声叫你,乔伊好了 |
[12:35] | – I’m sorry? – Electoral math. | -什么好了? -选区运算 |
[12:48] | When do you suppose Georgia got so far out of reach? | 你何时开始认为乔治亚州 那么难到手的? |
[12:52] | – Was it because we burned it down? – I was gonna say. | -是因为我们把它烧了吗? -我正想说 |
[12:56] | Okay, let’s start. | 好,我们开始了 |
[12:59] | I’m taking Ohio out of the red and putting it back in play. | 我把俄亥俄州从红区拿开 继续运作 (未决) |
[13:04] | – How much money to win there? – A lot more than we have there. | -在那里赢得花多少钱? -比我们现在投入在那里的多更多 |
[13:08] | We’re on the air in 18 of the top 25. There’s no new money to spend on this… | 我们在前25个地方都是用电视广告 我们没有钱用在这个 |
[13:14] | I’m gonna stop you there. Joey, I can’t go to him with it. | 我得请你停一下 乔伊,我不能去跟他这样说 |
[13:17] | – Let me go to him with it. Let Bruno. – No, I’m with Toby. | -我来跟他说,或让布鲁诺 -不,我同意托比 |
[13:21] | You don’t know how the president feels about his home state. | 你们不晓得总统对他的家乡的感觉 |
[13:24] | He’s a New Hampshire Bartlet. It’s been home for centuries. | 他可是新罕布夏的巴特勒 那是他几百年的家了 |
[13:27] | He’s a Democrat elected to the statehouse with close to 60%. | 他是以接近六十的比率 以民主党的身分入主州议会的 |
[13:31] | The fact the state’s in play is embarrassing for him. | 事实上这个州还没能定下来 已经让他感到很尴尬了 |
[13:34] | He doesn’t wanna campaign there, because that’s embarrassing too, but… | 他不想去那里造势 是因为也很尴尬,不过 |
[13:37] | I’m trying to tell you it’s not in play anymore. | 我想告诉你 没得玩了 |
[13:42] | If you asked the president… | 如果你问总统 |
[13:44] | …which he’d rather win, New Hampshire or the election… | 他想赢得什么 新罕布夏或大选 |
[13:47] | …he’d have to think before answering. Put a pin in it. We’ll come back. | 他会想很久才能回答 钉住那里,我们会回来的 |
[13:57] | President Bartlet, the next question ‘s to you. | 巴特勒总统 下一个问题是针对你的 |
[14:00] | Ritchie contends there’s a crisis in the American family. | 李奇主张美国家庭有个危机 |
[14:03] | That parents aren’t spending time with kids. | 因为父母再也没有时间跟小孩相处 |
[14:05] | – We’re trying this again, sorry. – Yeah. | -不好意思,我们还是再试这个 -好 |
[14:08] | And that your solution is essentially to have government raise children. | 你的解决办法 基本上是让政府养育小孩 |
[14:12] | Well, that’s an extraordinary and unsurprisingly dumb interpretation… | 这是很奇怪、很愚蠢的说法 |
[14:16] | …of what my administration is trying to accomplish. | 有辱我行政团队的努力 |
[14:21] | It’s hard enough to raise kids with help from Family Leave… | 即使有亲职假 或奖助托儿所、幼稚园等措施 |
[14:24] | …subsidized daycare, preschool. We need more, not less. | 养儿育女还是很不容易 我们需要做的更多而非更少 |
[14:27] | The government can’t raise kids, Mr. President, parents have to. | 政府不能养小孩 总统先生,父母才能养小孩 |
[14:30] | I have three grown daughters. You wanna tell me how to raise my family? | 我养大三个女儿了 你还想教我如何养小孩? |
[14:34] | You comfortable with that? You wanna tell other fathers and mothers… | 你觉得这样可以吗? 你想告诉其他当父母亲的 |
[14:38] | …what they’re doing wrong? I didn’t think so. | 他们全都做错了? 我不认为如此 |
[14:40] | Let’s stick to what government can do, which is collect money… | 我们能在政府能做的事 就是筹钱 |
[14:44] | …and stop wasting time by sentimentalizing families. | 别再浪费时间,那么感伤地看家庭了 |
[14:47] | That’s not good, sir. | 这样不好,先生 |
[14:49] | We lost every stay-at-home-mom vote and their husbands who are henpecked. | 我们失去每一张家庭主妇 还有“妻管严”丈夫的选票 |
[14:53] | – Who are you now? – I like the aggressive answer, it’s right. | -你现在又是谁? -我喜欢有侵略性的回答,很好 |
[14:57] | We’re letting Ritchie put him on the opposite side of values. | 我们让李奇把他逼到 另一个价值观上 |
[15:01] | The question was, “What do I have against families?” | 问题是 “我反对家庭什么?” |
[15:04] | And the answer is “I have nothing against them at all.” | 回答是 “我一点也不反对家庭” |
[15:08] | We have to put him on the right side of this. | 我们得把他拉回正确的这边来 |
[15:11] | He is on the right side of this. We need help with the answer. | 他是站对边的 我们只需要帮他润饰答案 |
[15:16] | You’re asking me to do that which I don’t wanna do. | 你要我去做 我不想要做的事情 |
[15:18] | – Yes. – Okay. | -对 -可以 |
[15:21] | I have a press briefing. | 我还有个记者的简报 |
[15:27] | Good afternoon. | 午安 |
[15:29] | Today is January 22nd. | 今天是一月二十二日 |
[15:33] | Let me brief you on the president’s morning schedule. He started with… | 我先为各位简报总统上午的行程 他会先开始 |
[15:38] | – How’s that? – Good. | -表现还可以吗? -很好 (巴特勒白宫 就职日两天后) |
[15:43] | – You don’t care. – No. | -你不在乎 -不 |
[15:45] | – I’ve got boxes to unload. – I’m gonna stay here and practice. | -我还有箱子得整理 -我要留在这里练习 |
[15:51] | “No, David, the president was very clear about that.” | “不,大卫,总统说得很清楚” |
[15:54] | “Mark, then Katie.” | “马克、然后凯蒂” |
[15:57] | Mark, Katie, Jessie, Phil, Steve, Betsy, Julie, Julie, Julia… | 马克、凯蒂、杰西、菲尔、史帝夫 贝丝、茱丽、茱丽、茱莉亚 |
[16:01] | …Kevin, Paul, Tom, Sondra, Suzanne… | 凯文、保罗、汤姆、桑卓、苏珊 |
[16:04] | …Mike, Danny… | 麦克、丹尼 |
[16:07] | …Elizabeth. | 伊莉莎白 |
[16:09] | Eighteenth seat. Eighteen you can vote. | 十八席,十八岁有选票 |
[16:12] | Vote sounds like moat, which is a trench. Trent. | 选票发音像钱票 就是钱选的,玄票 |
[16:15] | – Excuse me, C.J.? – Yeah. | -对不起,茜洁? -嗯 |
[16:17] | Bill Stark, I’m with Kingspeak. | 比尔史塔克 我是《王者之声》的人 |
[16:20] | We’re a magazine that reaches over 600,000 Christian evangelicals. | 我们是拥有六十万 天主福音教徒的杂志 |
[16:23] | – I heard your first briefing went well. – I can do better. | -我听说你的第一次简报很顺利 -我可以做得更好 |
[16:27] | I wanted to tell you that on December 10th… | 我想告诉你 在十二月十日 |
[16:30] | …all 600,000 will be praying for you. | 六十万信徒都将为你祈祷 |
[16:32] | – Really? – That’s right. | -真的? -没错 |
[16:35] | – I don’t understand. – Well, once a year… | -我不明白 -哦,我们每一年 |
[16:38] | …we identify the 365 most influential people in media… | 都会选出365个 最具影响力的媒体人 |
[16:44] | …and we assign each of them a calendar day and we pray for them. | 我们每一天会为一个人祈祷 |
[16:51] | I really don’t know what to say in response to that sort of kindness. | 我真的不晓得该说什么 来回答这样的温情 |
[16:56] | Well, maybe the administration will reconsider their position on some issues. | 也许行政团队可以在某些议题上 重新考虑他们的立场 |
[17:01] | Like what? | 比如说像什么? |
[17:03] | School prayer? | 学校的祈祷? |
[17:05] | – The president’s made up his mind. – Millions of Americans want it. | -总统已经决定了 -数百万的美国人想要 |
[17:09] | – There are a lot of votes there. – We got as many as we needed for now. | -那可是一大堆的选票 -目前我们的选票已经够了 |
[17:14] | – Just wanted to say hi. – I’ll see you around. | -只是想来打个招呼 -我们再见了 |
[17:18] | By the way, just so you don’t think we disagree on everything… | 对了,为免你以为 我们每一件事都唱反调 |
[17:21] | …I think Cornell Rooker is terrific. – Really? | -我想说我觉得康奈尔路克很棒 -真的? |
[17:24] | We served on the city council together. | 我们在同一个市议会共事 |
[17:26] | First African-American man I’ve ever heard make sense on racial profiling. | 他是我所知第一个 理性对待种族刻板印象的非裔美国人 |
[17:36] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[17:38] | Leonardo da Vinci. Madonna and Child With a Pomegranate. | 达文西的《圣母与子》 |
[17:41] | It’s nice. | 很好 |
[17:43] | – Here’s Botticelli. Adoration of the Magi. – What are we doing right now? | -这是波弟伽利《崇拜圣者》 -我们在做什么? |
[17:47] | Choosing pictures from the National Gallery. | 从国家画廊选画 |
[17:50] | – They’ll loan stuff? – Anything in the Gallery or Smithsonian. | -这些是可以借的? -画廊或史密森尼博物馆的东西都行 |
[17:54] | Really? I want Apollo 11. | 真的?我要《阿波罗11》 |
[17:56] | – You can’t have that. – Then don’t bother me. | -那是不行的 -那就别烦我 |
[17:58] | I’m meeting with the leadership. I’m signing six executive orders I don’t… | 我在跟首长开会 我在签六张行政命令,我不 |
[18:04] | – Mr. President. – God, I thought that was a closet. | -总统先生 -天,我还以为那只是个衣柜 |
[18:07] | – That’s my office. – The room’s got four doors, it’s huge. | -那是我的办公室 -这房间有四扇门,很大 |
[18:12] | – I wanna run through these orders. – Do you understand them? | -我要跟您谈一谈这些命令 -这些你了解吗? |
[18:16] | – Not quite yet. – C.J., what are you doing? | -不很了解 -茜洁,你在干什么? |
[18:18] | I’m sorry, sir. I just wanted to see Leo. | 对不起,先生,我只是想见里奥 |
[18:21] | – He’s standing right there. – Yeah. | -他就站在那里 -是的 |
[18:24] | Would you get your ass in here? Could everyone stop acting strange? | 你不滚进来吗? 大家别表现得怪怪的可以吗? |
[18:28] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[18:31] | A reporter for a conservative Christian magazine… | 有个保守教派杂志的记者 |
[18:35] | …mentioned that he served on a city council with Rooker… | 提到他曾跟路克 在同一个市议会共事 |
[18:38] | …which is true, it was in Miami. – Yeah. | -没错,是在迈阿密 -对 |
[18:41] | The reporter said he liked Rooker’s position on racial profiling. | 那记者说他喜欢 路克在种族刻板印象上的立场 |
[18:44] | – That’s strange. – No, it’s not. We found the transcript. | -这就怪了 -不,不怪,我们找到文章了 |
[18:48] | “I’m not saying it should be active policy but there is no question that… | “我不是说应该有积极的政策 不过毫无疑问的 |
[18:52] | …in certain situations, racial profiling can be helpful to law…” | 在某些情况下 种族刻板印象有助于执行” |
[18:56] | – Law enforcement? – Yeah. | -执行法律? -对 |
[18:59] | – How do you think it’s going so far? – We’ll get into it. | -到目前为止,你觉得如何? -我们会处理的 |
[19:04] | Yes. | 是 |
[19:11] | And down the stretch, here she comes. Here comes Gardner. | 从跑道直冲上来的 是嘉纳选手 |
[19:14] | She’s gonna take the yellow jersey… | 她即将穿着她胜利的黄色运动衫 |
[19:16] | …past the picturesque farms and hillsides of the Champs d’ Leamps… | 穿过美丽如画的农场与山坡 |
[19:19] | …from the white cliffs of Dover. Where do the Americans find this spirit? | 走过重重 美国人不畏艰难的精神何在? |
[19:23] | Her cell phone’s ringing now. Probably be a sponsor. | 她的大哥大响了 也许是她的赞助人打来的 |
[19:26] | – Hello. – It’s Josh. | -哈�� -我是乔西 |
[19:28] | Hello. | 哈�� |
[19:30] | – You’re breathing very hard. -I’m riding. | -你喘气喘很厉害 -我在骑脚踏车 |
[19:33] | – Then what are you doing? -Later? | -那你在做什么? -等一下吗? |
[19:35] | I’m having dinner with Peter Harlow. | 我跟彼得哈罗要共进晚餐 |
[19:37] | How’s Peter’s wife? | 彼得的太太怎样? |
[19:40] | – They’re separated. -Yes, I know. | -他们分开了 -对,我知道 |
[19:43] | – What do you need? – How do we stand strong… | -你需要什么? -我们该如何强力支援 |
[19:46] | …for the modern family with all its quirks… | 现代古怪的家庭 |
[19:48] | …and not seem like we’re dissing everyone born before 1962? | 又不能像在奚落 1962年之前出生的人? |
[19:53] | – By doing it. -Can I call you back? | -就照那样做 -我可以再打电话给你吗? |
[19:55] | -You’ll think about it? – Yeah. | -你会思考一下? -好 |
[19:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 (巴特勒白宫 就职日后五日) |
[20:05] | – You’re going to this meeting? – Yes. | -你要开会? -对 |
[20:07] | – WW-160. You been able to find it? – I don’t know where I am right now. | -你找得到WW160吗? -我不知道我现在身在何处? |
[20:11] | – I’m looking on this side again. – You mind if I talk to you while we walk? | -我又找到这边来了 -你介意我跟你边走边谈吗? |
[20:15] | Well, we may as well get used to having meetings in corridors from now on. | 哦,我们最好 开始习惯在走廊开会了 |
[20:19] | I now know why they made the Oval Office a special shape. | 我现在了解他们为什么要把办公室 弄成椭圆形的了 |
[20:22] | Six new editorials. NAACP, the Urban League, La Raza… | 六个新的社论,有色人种促进会 都会联盟、拉丁美裔 |
[20:27] | NAACP doesn’t wanna see a black attorney general? | 有色人种促进会 不想看到黑人当首席检官? |
[20:30] | I think they do, but they also stand for the ones… | 我想他们很愿意 不过他们也站在那些 |
[20:32] | …who get pulled over for having too nice a car. | 开“好车”被拦下来的人 |
[20:36] | – Intergovernmental’s also… – I’m talking to Intergovernmental. | -过渡政府间也 -我在跟过渡政府说话 |
[20:39] | Does anybody know where WW-160 is? | 有人知道WW160在哪里吗? |
[20:42] | Hi, I’m Josh Lyman, you all work for me. Does anybody know where WW-160 is? | 我是乔西赖曼,你全都为我工作 有人知道WW160位在哪里吗? |
[20:47] | I haven’t seen it. | 我没看到 |
[20:49] | That one hasn’t seen it. She’s keeping an eye out, though. | 那个人没看到 但是,她有在注意 |
[20:54] | I don’t think he’s gonna be confirmed. | 我觉得他不会被接受 |
[20:56] | I think the first thing is we’re gonna lose a confirmation battle… | 我觉得我们会先输掉 一场提名候选人的战争 |
[21:00] | …spend the next four years with two outs and a full count. | 接下来这四年 就是两出局满球数的苦战了 |
[21:04] | If we pull him out now, it’s a story for a day until we announce the next guy. | 如果我们现在就自己先取消他的资格 就会只是一天的小插曲 |
[21:09] | – If we wait a week… – This is the guy. This is the story. | -如果我们等一星期 -就是他,就是这家伙的故事 |
[21:13] | Good. | 很好 |
[21:15] | Because you know why? Hubris always wins in the end. | 因为你知道为什么吗? 狂妄的最后总是会赢 |
[21:18] | The Greeks taught us that. | 这是希腊神话教导我们的 |
[21:22] | – We were looking for West Wing 160. – I think it’s in the Kremlin. | -我们在找西厢160的位置 -我想得到克里姆林宫去找了 |
[21:25] | – Let’s just meet here. – Leo, this is a strong, deserving nominee. | -我们在这里见面就是了 -里奥,这是强而有价值的提名 |
[21:29] | Sam, it’s not hubris. He should be attorney general. | 山姆,不是狂妄 他本来就该是首席检察官 |
[21:32] | But he won’t be, so let’s take it from there. | 可是他不能 我们就算了 |
[21:34] | – The president doesn’t wanna give it up. – Let’s line up people for I.P. | -总统不想放弃 -我们来为他推荐 |
[21:38] | “Rooker has an exceptional record as a U.S. attorney. | “路克为纪录优良的美国检察官 |
[21:41] | A leader in fighting employment discrimination. | 是对抗员工歧视的领导人 |
[21:44] | Was college chair of…” “He’s tough on crime, fair on justice.” | 大学时更是 他是罪犯的克星、正义的使者” |
[21:47] | That’s the line, say that. Do not say that. What the hell is that? | 就是这台词,说出来 不要说,这算什么? |
[21:51] | “He’s tough on crime, fair on justice,” sings a song, has a mustache? | “罪犯克星、正义使者” 你在演超人? |
[21:54] | – What’s that supposed to…? – Toby’s gone to the zoo. | -这算什么? -托比疯了 |
[21:57] | We may have killed these two guys with the inauguration. | 我们的就职大典 可能把这两个家伙忙疯了 |
[22:00] | I beseech you. Let me take a pass at some remarks the president can make… | 我哀求你,让我弄个东西 好让总统能够 |
[22:04] | …withdrawing the nomination. We’re gonna do it anyway, let’s do it now. | 取消这次的提名 我们反正是要做的,现在就下手吧 |
[22:08] | “Take a thorough look at Cornell Rooker’s record, you’ll see… | “完全的检视路克的纪录 你会发现 |
[22:12] | …he’s fought for justice his entire career.” | 他整个生涯都在为正义奋战” |
[22:14] | “If you look at his record, he’s fought for justice his entire career.” | “如果你看看他的纪录 他整个生涯都在为正义奋战” |
[22:18] | I wanna read that quote tomorrow. | 我明天要看看这一段 |
[22:21] | – Anything else? – No. | -还有什么事吗? -没有 |
[22:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[22:25] | Hey. I don’t think there is a WW-160. | 嘿,我想根本没有WW160 |
[22:29] | Yeah, hey. How do you do? | 是,嘿,你好吗? |
[22:31] | – What? – Guess what I have here. | -什么? -你看看我这里 |
[22:33] | It’s a copy of Twenty-one magazine. It’s for Generation Now. | 是《二十一》杂志 是会流传的东西了 |
[22:37] | Is my thing in there? | 我的东西也在里面吗? |
[22:40] | What? | 什么? |
[22:41] | “In sleek Selia Yang slacks and DKNY button-down… | “身着修长的宽松长裤 以及DKNY的衬衫 |
[22:45] | …she’s not afraid to bring a note of: | 她不担心主动给人小纸条,写着: |
[22:47] | ‘Let’s drink after work’ to the office.” | “咱们下班后去喝一杯” |
[22:49] | That’s untrue, but I do like the sound of it. | 不是真的 不过我喜欢这种感觉 |
[22:52] | “But much as we love her style, we worry about her inexperience… | “虽然我们喜欢她的风格 我们也担心她的缺乏经验 |
[22:57] | …and Bambi-esque naïveté. ‘There’s so much to learn, ‘ says Moss. | 以及斑比般迷人的天真 “还有很多得学习的”摩斯说道 |
[23:01] | ‘I didn’t even know there was a nuclear missile silo under this place. ‘” | 我甚至不知道 在这地下还有个飞弹发射台” -没有的事 -有的 |
[23:06] | – Who told you that? – Jeff, when I met him for lunch. | -这是谁跟你说的? -杰夫,我跟他一起吃中饭 |
[23:10] | Let me take a guess at something. Jeff set you up with the reporter, right? | 我来猜猜看 杰夫帮你跟记者拉的线,是吧? |
[23:14] | – His girlfriend. – You didn’t bring this up? | -是他的女朋友 -你没提起此事? |
[23:16] | The girlfriend led you there? | 是他的女朋友导引你说的? |
[23:20] | – Bambi-esque? – As does pertain to Bambi. | -斑比般迷人的? -是小鹿斑比的比喻 |
[23:23] | There’s a reason why we keep these missile silos in the middle of nowhere. | 这些飞弹发射台放在这种地方 是有道理 |
[23:28] | It’s because they’re working with some nasty materials. | 因为他们在胡搞一些讨厌的消息 |
[23:31] | Also, there’s not much point in keeping nuclear secrets from China… | 还有,怕中国知道的核武机密 |
[23:34] | …when all they have to do is take the free tour. | 如果是在一个可以自由参观的地方 那就没道理了 |
[23:37] | Did it sound right when he said it? What’d you think, we go to war… | 他说这种事,你觉得对吗? 你想想,如果我们打战了 |
[23:41] | …and Hercules rockets come flying out of the Rose Garden? | 爱国者飞弹会有可能 从玫瑰花园里发射出来吗? |
[23:45] | – The Eisenhower Putting Green. – Oh, my God! | -是艾森豪果岭 -哦,我的老天爷! |
[23:47] | I’m too stupid to live! | 我真是猪! |
[23:49] | This is like when I was in Li’I Abner in 8th grade… | 就像我在八年级时演的话剧 |
[23:51] | …and rehearsals are going fine, and suddenly there’s sets and costumes… | 彩排的时候还好好的 突然有了布景、道具 |
[23:55] | …and everyone’s tripping over themselves. | 大家就都跌倒了 |
[23:57] | You walked into the building and got freaked by the lights. | 你们一走入这建筑 就被五彩灯光搞昏头了 |
[24:00] | I walked in and, you know, something else happened. | 我走进时,你知道 是会发生不同的事情 |
[24:03] | – We can’t all be you. – You can all try a little harder to be. | -没办法每个人都跟你一样 -你可以再努力一点 |
[24:06] | For sure I’m not taking the iodine tablets. | 起码我是不会吃碘片了 |
[24:09] | I should be sitting at my desk. Do I have a desk yet? | 我应该坐在我的座位 我有我的书桌吗? |
[24:12] | – No. – Okay. | -没有 -可以 |
[24:14] | Then I’ll just walk around some more. | 那我再去走走 |
[24:17] | See if I can get into a pickup meeting. | 看看我可不可以顺道再开开会 |
[24:20] | – Toby? – Yeah? | -托比? -嗯? |
[24:21] | – You going to dinner? – Yeah. | -你要去吃晚餐? -对 (塞普路克研究所 晚上七点四十五分) |
[24:25] | I’m a bad friend. I should’ve been there for you. | 我不是好朋友 我应该陪着你的 |
[24:27] | – I don’t know what you’re talking about. – Josh and Sam talked to me. | -我不晓得你在说什么 -乔西跟山姆都跟我说过了 |
[24:31] | I’m onboard with Team Toby. | 我也是你小组成员,托比 |
[24:34] | See, I lent voice to thought and that was my mistake. | 看,我把心里话说出来 是我的错 |
[24:37] | If you wanna marry Andy, then damn it, so do I. | 如果你想和安娣结婚 那么妈的我也很希望 |
[24:40] | – Want that to happen for you. – I get it. | -希望你们能在一起 -我懂了 |
[24:43] | – Do you? Because this is about love. – I think you have a different motivation. | -你懂吗?因为这是爱情 -我想你是会有不同的动机 |
[24:47] | – Laughs? – Yes. | -欲望? -是的 |
[24:49] | Sure, but also as much love really as either one of us are comfortable with. | 当然,不过还有很强的爱 爱到会令人不自在的 |
[24:54] | Well, let me start here: Have you asked her? | 好了,我先问: 你问过她了吗? |
[24:58] | – Yes. – And she said no? | -问了 -她回答:不愿意? |
[25:02] | This is excruciating. | 真是折磨人 |
[25:05] | You’ll give me your white blood cells. Not all of them, but as many as I want. | 你得把你的白血球给我 不是全部,只要够我用就好了 |
[25:09] | – Why? – Because you love me. | -为什么? -因为你爱我 |
[25:14] | No, what’s the matter with your white blood cells? | 不,你的白血球怎么了? |
[25:18] | Nothing. It’s my immune system. | 没什么,是我的免疫系统 |
[25:21] | It’s not recognizing that a pregnancy isn’t something it’s supposed to attack. | 我的系统不认识怀孕状况 也不知道那是不该攻击的 |
[25:25] | So they draw blood from you like a rabid dog… | 所以他们会从你身上抽血 就像捡到一只疯狗一样 |
[25:29] | …clean it, thank goodness… | 他们会弄干净,谢天谢地 |
[25:31] | …and give me injections of your blood cells to build up tolerance. | 然后再把你的血球注入我的体内 建立相容度 |
[25:36] | You know how you’re always saying you wish people were more like you? | 你知道你一直在说 你希望大家能够多像你一点吗? |
[25:41] | – The guy’s had a lot of success. – It sounds like something we should try. | -那家伙的成功率很多 -似乎是我们应该试的方法 |
[25:46] | But let me ask you something… And bear in mind that I’m happy. | 不过,我要问你一件事 请先记住我是幸福的 |
[25:51] | I’m eager to go to as many doctors as there are… | 我也想去找遍所有的医生 |
[25:58] | …but should we talk about a stop date? | 不过我们是否该讨论休兵的日期? |
[26:04] | – You mean, talk about adoption? – Yeah, we can talk about adopting. | -你是说讨论收养的可能? -对,我们也可以讨论收养 |
[26:08] | – You meant a”stop date” stop date. – I meant adopting. | -你说“休兵” -我是指收养 |
[26:10] | I meant surrogacy. And, yes, I love kids. | 我指代理孕母 还有,是的,我喜欢小孩 |
[26:14] | And I want them and I don’t have to have them. | 我要他们 但我不一定要拥有小孩 |
[26:17] | I want them. | 我要小孩 |
[26:20] | And I’m there. | 我会去 |
[26:30] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:37] | – You’re getting killed on Rooker. – No kidding. | -为了路克,你们会被宰杀的 -真的? |
[26:43] | – Hey, C.J. – Is he in there? | -嘿,茜洁 -他在那里面吗? |
[26:45] | – Yeah. Is anything wrong? – No. | -对,有什么问题? -没有 |
[26:51] | – There’s a problem. – I just said a stupid thing. | -有个问题 -我刚刚说了愚蠢的话 |
[26:56] | What’s the problem? | 有什么问题? |
[26:59] | I did a one-on-one with Danny Concanon a few days ago on Rooker. | 几天前我跟丹尼康可南 一对一的讨论起路克 |
[27:03] | Did you say,”If you take a look at Cornell Rooker’s record”… | 你是不是说 “如果你看看路克的纪录” |
[27:07] | Yes, as a matter of fact. He did. | 是的,事实上,是他说的 |
[27:09] | – Oh, man. – A DUI got fixed in law school. | -哦,天 -他在法学院时有个酒驾的纪录 |
[27:12] | He doesn’t want to write about that so much… | 他不愿提起那个纪录 |
[27:14] | …as about us being the Capital Clampetts. | 也不在乎我们首都铁腕的纪律 |
[27:18] | – What was the stupid thing you said? – It doesn’t matter. Let’s fix this. | -你说了什么愚蠢的话? -无所谓,我们来处理这件事 |
[27:48] | – What was that? – It’s an old camp song. | -那是什么? -是以前露营的老歌 |
[27:52] | – What’s it mean? -“Let us be merry, therefore… | -是什么意思? -“让我们快乐 |
[27:55] | …while we are young men. After the joys of youth… | 趁大家还青春年少 欢度快乐的年少岁月 |
[27:59] | …after the pains of old age… | 经历苦难的苍老岁月之后 |
[28:01] | …the ground will have us.” | 我们将以大地为家” |
[28:04] | True. | 真的 |
[28:09] | How can I get you onboard with me? | 如何能使你跟我同一边呢? |
[28:11] | – New Hampshire? – Yeah. | -新罕布夏的事? -对 |
[28:13] | – By coming out with me. – On what? | -跟我一起去说服总统 -说服什么? |
[28:16] | The president must spend more time in congressional districts. We won’t win. | 总统必须多待在我们无法赢的选区 -他干嘛要花时间在那些? -为了在传统上我们会输的 |
[28:19] | – Why would he spend time in districts…? – To build Democratic momentum… | |
[28:24] | …in the very places we traditionally tank. | 选区看能不能冲出奇迹 |
[28:26] | We’re running weak candidates in these districts. | 我们在这些选区的候选人太弱了 |
[28:29] | The Tennessee 7th. Horton Wilde in Orange County… | 田纳西第七选区 在橘郡的荷顿怀尔德 |
[28:32] | …is in the hospital with a heart attack. Who knows when he’ll campaign again? | 因心脏病住院 天晓得他何时才能出来造势? |
[28:37] | I can’t make a pitch about putting resources in the right places… | 我无法说服总统 不把资源运用在正确的地方 |
[28:41] | …and then advocate sending the president to districts… | 反而要支持把总统送到 那些很惨的选区 |
[28:45] | …where the last Democrat won by railing against Abraham Lincoln. | 在那里民主党上一个获胜的人 还是怒骂林肯总统的人 |
[28:48] | That’s a reasonable point. | 这倒是一个观点 |
[28:50] | – Will you help me? – Yeah. | -你能帮我吗? -可以 |
[28:56] | I have to say, you look good. | 我得说,你看起来很棒 |
[28:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[28:59] | I don’t remember you looking this good. Is something different? | 印象中你没这么棒过 你有什么不一样了吗? |
[29:03] | I don’t know, the autumnal equinox is usually good to me. | 我不晓得 秋天一向是我最棒的季节 |
[29:08] | I think that’s your cell phone that’s been ringing. | 我想那是你的大哥大在响 |
[29:11] | Yes, excuse me. | 是的,对不起 |
[29:18] | – Hello? -Hey. | -哈��? -嗨 |
[29:20] | – Hello. -You on your date? | -哈�� -你在约会了? |
[29:22] | Well, I wouldn’t call it that. | 嗯,也不算 |
[29:24] | You don’t wanna let him know it’s me on the phone, it’s too intimidating. | 你不想让他知道打电话来的是我 不然就太冲突了 |
[29:28] | It’s like going out with Cher and Sonny calls. | 就像雪儿跟桑尼的查勤电话一样 -有什么需要我效劳吗? -有什么想法了没? |
[29:30] | – How can I help you? – Any thoughts? | |
[29:32] | Yes. Ritchie’s right. There’s a family crisis in America. | 是,李奇是正确的 在美国是有家庭危机的 |
[29:35] | So a radical feminist is saying women should stay home with the kids? | 所以这位激进的女性主义者是说 女人应该和小孩待在家里了? |
[29:39] | First of all, I don ‘t think I’m a radical anything. | 首先,我不认为自己是激进的 其次,谁说女人应该待在家里的 第三是 |
[29:42] | Second of all, who said women should stay home? And third is… | |
[29:45] | …the capitalist treadmill encourages scheduling quality time on a Palm Pilot. | 资本主义下单调的工作 可妥善应用掌上型电脑加以规划 北欧那边的人都是这样做的 |
[29:49] | That’s not how they do it in Scandinavia. | |
[29:51] | But everybody kills themselves in Scandinavia. | 可是北欧的自杀率最高 |
[29:54] | That’s hard to deny. | 这很难否认 |
[29:56] | We must defend our accomplishments on work and family… | 这很难否认 我们必须防卫我们在 工作、家庭的成就 很多还是你支持的 我们要展示我们了解 双薪家庭的困难处 你能帮忙? |
[29:58] | … many of which you pushed for, and show that we get… | |
[30:01] | …what working parents are going through. Can you help us? | |
[30:05] | – Yes. – I’ll call back. | |
[30:06] | What would be a really bad time? | -好 -我会再打电话过来 什么时候比较不适合打给你? 哦,其实都一样 厉害 |
[30:08] | Oh, really, anytime. | |
[30:10] | Outstanding. | |
[30:13] | Josh? | |
[30:15] | – Yeah? – Mr. Michael Gordon is here to see you. | 乔西? -是? -麦可哥登先生来见你 |
[30:18] | – Does he have an appointment? – No, he’s with the NSA. | -他有事先约好吗? -没有,他是国安局的 |
[30:21] | – NSA? – Yeah. | -国安局? -对 |
[30:22] | Send him in. | 请他进来 |
[30:26] | Mr. Lyman. Michael Gordon. | 赖曼先生,我是麦可哥登 |
[30:29] | Donna says you’re with the NSA. | 唐娜说你是国安局的 |
[30:31] | I’m not here to bug your office. | 我不是来监听你的办公室 |
[30:33] | Yeah, but you wouldn’t tell me if you were. | 对,即使是 你也不会告诉我 |
[30:35] | – It’s about Miss Moss. – What’s the trouble? | -是有关摩斯小姐的事 -有什么麻烦? |
[30:38] | Probably nothing, but a few days ago a teen magazine… | 也许没什么,不过几天前 有一家少女杂志 |
[30:40] | …published an interview with her. – The old guys were playing a joke. | -刊出她的专访 -是前朝那些老人在开玩笑的 |
[30:44] | It’s not a good idea for a staffer to say there’s a missile in the capital. | 一个职员说出首都这里有飞弹 可不是开玩笑的 |
[30:49] | She hit a little close to home for our comfort. | 她差点正中要害 让我们感到不安 |
[30:52] | – What do you mean? – Obviously I can’t elaborate. | -你是什么意思? -恕我无法详细说明 |
[30:56] | – She hit a little close to home? – Yeah. | -她差点正中要害? -是 |
[31:01] | – You saying…? – You don’t have code-word clearance. | -你是说? -不是你可以了解的 |
[31:04] | – We need to stay professional. – Yeah. | -我们必须专业的处理 -是的 |
[31:07] | How long has she been working for you? | 她为你工作多久了? |
[31:10] | Listen, this… | 听着,这 |
[31:13] | This is silly, she was just duped. It was a joke. | 这事很扯,她只是太笨 是个玩笑 |
[31:16] | – How long has she worked for you? – This is a misunderstanding. | -她为你工作多久了? -这是误会一桩 |
[31:19] | I would vouch for Donna with my life. | 我可以用我的性命为唐娜担保 |
[31:21] | She doesn’t know about missiles. She’s from Wisconsin. | 她根本不知道什么飞弹 她是威斯康辛州来的人 |
[31:24] | I’m simply asking how long she’s been working for you. | 我只是在问 她为你工作多久了 |
[31:31] | No. Look, I’m sorry. | 哦,我很抱歉 |
[31:34] | I’m sure your intentions are good… | 我相信你的动机是好的 |
[31:38] | …and this is just routine… | 一切只是例行公事 |
[31:41] | …but I’d like to have her talk to somebody. | 不过我要她找某个人谈谈 |
[31:44] | – A lawyer? – Yeah. | -律师吗? -是的 |
[31:47] | Until this is straightened out, I’ll need to revoke her credentials. | 在这件事澄清之前 我必须取消她的国安资格 |
[31:51] | She’s my assistant. For how long? | 她是我的助理 要多久? |
[31:53] | As long as it takes. | 需要多久就多久 |
[31:57] | – All right. – Thank you. | -好 -谢谢你 |
[32:11] | Donna. | 唐娜 |
[32:14] | – What was that? – You gotta go home. | -这是干嘛? -你得回家去 |
[32:17] | – Why? – That idiot interview you did… | -为什么? -访问你那个白痴造成 |
[32:20] | …popped a red flag. They’re revoking your credentials… | 造成一些紧张 他们要扣你的国安资格 |
[32:23] | …till it’s straightened out. | 直到事件澄清为止 |
[32:26] | I don’t believe it. | 我真是不敢相信 |
[32:28] | I’m talking to someone in Cochran’s office. | 我要跟柯克朗办公室的人谈谈 |
[32:30] | What am I supposed to do? | 我该怎么办呢? |
[32:32] | Take a few days off. Go home. Go to the beach. | 先放几天假 回家去、去海边玩 |
[32:35] | – It’s February 2nd. – I wouldn’t go to the beach. | -现在可是二月二日 -那我是不会去海边的 |
[32:38] | – You’ve got a meeting in Leo’s office. – Don’t worry about this. | -你得去里奥的办公室开会 -别担心了 |
[32:41] | I’m gonna fix this. | 我会处理这件事 |
[32:48] | The president’s not gonna be available for a little bit. Fitzwallace just got here. | 总统还没办法开始 费兹华利斯刚到 |
[32:52] | Any idea what’s going on? | 知道是什么事吗? |
[32:55] | All right, listen up. | 好,听好 |
[32:58] | We still have an open question on family. We have an open question on Rooker… | 我们还是有家庭方面的疑虑 我们在路克的事情上也有质疑 |
[33:03] | …missile defense and vouchers. We start dress rehearsals tomorrow at 3. | 还有飞弹防卫、担保人制 我们明天三点开始彩排 |
[33:07] | Let’s split up in our groups. I really want vouchers by 10… | 我们分成几组 我想在十点前完成担保人主题 |
[33:11] | …missile defense by 11. | 十一点前完成飞弹防卫 |
[33:12] | Anyone not doing anything at midnight… | 半夜没事做的人 |
[33:14] | …Team Toby, my cabin. | 跟托比一组,在我的房间 |
[33:17] | – Good. – Break’s over. | -很好 -开始工作了 |
[33:26] | Ten-hut. | 敬礼 (塞普路克研究所 晚上十点十五分) |
[33:31] | – Thanks for coming down. – Yes, sir. | -感谢大家过来 -是的,先生 |
[33:33] | – What’s going on? – The Mastico… | -怎么了? -《马斯帝克号》 |
[33:35] | …a 200-foot Qumari cargo ship is heading east… | 一艘两百尺的库马商船目前正朝 |
[33:39] | …in the Mediterranean toward Lebanon. – Is it carrying Qumari arts and crafts? | -地中海东方行进接近黎巴嫩 -是载着库马的艺术品吗? |
[33:43] | No, it’s carrying 72 tons of weapons and explosives… | 不,带着七十二顿的武器跟炸药 |
[33:46] | …including the Multiple Launch Rocket System. | 包含多管火箭炮 |
[33:49] | This fires 12 warheads with 644 M77 munitions. | 可以发射出十二枚飞弹 内含644个M77式子弹 |
[33:54] | It does it in 60 seconds. | 这款的六十秒内就可成功引爆 |
[33:56] | The Global Positioning Device on the MLRS is how we found the ship. | 是多管火箭炮上的全球定位装置 让我们追踪到这艘船的 |
[34:00] | This is the message we’ve been waiting for. | 这就是我们一直在等的讯息 |
[34:03] | They turn around the ship in exchange for what? | 他们要交换什么才愿把船调头? |
[34:05] | Access to the High Altitude Area Defense Program. | 进入高规的区域防空方案 |
[34:08] | That’s just the most sophisticated anti-ballistic missile system in history… | 这个方案正好是史上最精密的 反弹道飞弹系统 |
[34:13] | …short of Star Wars. | 不含星际大战在内 |
[34:15] | – What else? – They’re arming the Bahji, Leo. | -还有呢? -他们在武装巴基组织,里奥 |
[34:17] | Two training camps of which the Israelis just attacked. | 有两个训练营 刚遭受以色列的攻击 |
[34:20] | I’ve gotta turn around the boat. Tonight. Tomorrow we’ll worry about tomorrow. | 我得把那船调头,今晚 明天的事我们明天再来烦恼 |
[34:24] | Or we can invite the sultan over for a nice mixer. | 或者,我们可以找回教头子 过来比划一下 |
[34:27] | Punch, sack races, whatnot. | 打拳、赛跑或什么东东的 |
[34:30] | Why are we playing games with these people? | 我们干嘛跟这些人玩游戏? |
[34:33] | They refuse to prosecute the Bahji. They support them in a variety of ways. | 他们不愿起诉巴基组织 还在各方面支持他们 |
[34:37] | Why isn’t that the end of the conversation? | 何不终结这种对话模式了? |
[34:40] | “We’ll worry about tomorrow tomorrow.” We said that yesterday. | “明天的事我们明天再来烦恼” 昨天我们也说过同样的话 |
[34:51] | – Fitz? – I couldn’t agree with Leo more. | -费兹? -我完全同意里奥 |
[34:54] | – What about Nancy? – Yeah. | -南西呢? -一样 |
[35:00] | What’s available from the Sixth Fleet? | 第六舰队有可以去的吗? |
[35:02] | One forward unit east of the Mastico. The 26th Marine Expeditionary. | 在《马斯帝克号》东方有一个单位 第二十六陆战远征旅 |
[35:08] | Stop the boat. | 拦下那艘船 |
[35:09] | – Don’t shoot it unless I tell you to. – Yes, sir. | -别开火,除非是我下令 -是,先生 |
[35:17] | This doesn’t feel good, does it? | 感觉不妙,是吗? |
[35:20] | It’s quiet, you know? It’s too quiet. | 太安静了,知道吗?太安静了 |
[35:22] | – C.J. – Yeah? | -茜洁 -嗯? |
[35:29] | The president has withdrawn Rooker’s name from nomination. | 总统已经撤回路克的提名 |
[35:32] | – Well, at least it’s behind us. – Not quite. | -嗯,至少不用管这件事了 -不全然 |
[35:35] | Our report card for our first two weeks in office. | 我们在白宫前两星期的成绩单 |
[35:40] | The president’s approval has gone from 61 º% º during the transition… | 总统的支持率 从过渡政府期的61% |
[35:44] | …when I suppose there’s nothing to approve, to 49º% º once there was. | 当时应该是没什么可支持的 下滑到49% |
[35:49] | Forty-seven percent see him as a strong leader… | 47%认为他是强力领导人 |
[35:51] | …a result of bungling the Rooker nomination. | 来自他处理路克提名案的结果 |
[35:53] | And African-American support… | 非裔美国人的支持率 |
[35:56] | …which basically elected him, has gone from 92 to 78. | 基本上也是选他的选民 从92下滑至78 |
[35:59] | Finally, if the election were held today, the president would be chairman… | 最后,大选若是在今天举行的话 总统就要 |
[36:03] | …of the economics department at Phillips Andover Academy. | 回学校去当经济系系主任了 |
[36:10] | Can anyone report anything good? | 有谁能回报好的消息吗? |
[36:14] | Six hundred thousand evangelicals are praying for me. | 有六十万的教徒将会为我祈祷 |
[36:17] | – So we have that going for us. – What the hell are you talking about? | -所以我们会受赐福的 -你在说什么? |
[36:21] | It’s true. A guy gave me this card, 365 people in media. | 真的,一个人给我这张清单 是365个媒体人 |
[36:24] | – Who are the others? – I don’t know, let’s see. | -其他的人是谁? -我不知道,我来看看 |
[36:27] | Hugh Hefner, Don lmus, Howard Stern. All the late-night guys. | 休海夫纳、唐依穆斯、霍华史登 都是深夜节目的 |
[36:31] | This is… One, two, three. | 这是 一、二、三 |
[36:34] | This is the editorial board of The New York Times. | 这些是《纽约时报》的社论群 |
[36:36] | This isn’t a good list. It’s a list of people who are going to hell. | 这不太妙吧? 都是一些要下地狱去的人 |
[36:40] | They aren’t praying because they like me. | 他们要为我们祈祷 不是因为他们喜欢我 |
[36:42] | It’s because I’m doomed to eternal damnation. | 是因为我要受到永恒的诅咒 |
[36:44] | – If you weren’t it’d be a waste of praying. – You’re on it too. | -不然干嘛浪费时间帮你祈祷 -你也在单子上 |
[36:47] | – Can I see that? – You can all leave. | -我可以看一下吗? -你们都可以走了 |
[36:50] | We’re gonna do better for you, boss. | 我们会为你更努力的,老板 |
[36:52] | – Do better for him. – We will. | -是为他努力 -我们会的 |
[36:55] | We will. | 我们会的 |
[37:02] | – Sam? – Yeah? | -山姆? -是? |
[37:04] | – Can you walk with me a second? – Yeah. | -可以陪我走一下吗? -可以 |
[37:09] | Well, you were right, I was wrong. | 你是对的,我错了 |
[37:11] | More often than not it’s gonna be the other way around, so… | 很多时候是得用另一种方式 |
[37:14] | – Thanks. I’ve got a weird problem. – What? | -谢了,我还有一个麻烦 -什么? |
[37:17] | Remember Donna had lunch with Mack’s assistant a few weeks ago? | 记得唐娜在几星期前 跟一个叫马克的助理吃中饭吗? |
[37:21] | He told her there’s a missile silo on the grounds. | 他跟她说在地下有个飞弹发射台 |
[37:24] | She repeated it to a magazine and an NSA guy… | 她把这件事跟一家杂志说 一个国安局的家伙 |
[37:29] | …came to see me just now and he said she struck a little close to home… | 不久前才来找我 说她差点正中要害 |
[37:33] | …and they want to investigate. In the meantime, they revoked her credentials. | 他们要调查 而且要扣她的国安资格 |
[37:38] | -“Struck too close to home”? – It means somehow, she… | -“差点正中要害”? -这表示,她 |
[37:42] | There’s actually some kind of weapons system right here on the White House… | 的确有某种武器系统是在白宫的 |
[37:46] | …or intelligence gathering… | 或相关情报的 |
[37:48] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[37:51] | – This doesn’t sound right. – No. | -感觉不太对 -是 |
[38:07] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[38:09] | Hey. Just hanging with my friend Michael. | 嘿 我跟我的朋友麦可在一起 |
[38:13] | He works in the staff secretary’s office. Plus, he’s got his own band. | 他是秘书处的职员 而且,他有自己的乐团 |
[38:17] | By the way, you know what your name is for the next month? | 对了,你知道 你下个月的外号叫什么吗? |
[38:20] | – It’s gonna be Bambi, isn’t it? – Yeah, it’s gonna be Bambi-ass. | -一定是天真的斑比吧? -对,斑比小坏蛋 |
[38:23] | I’ll call you Abner because you came into the White House and didn’t flinch. | 对我好的日子,我会称你英雄 因为你毫不畏惧的进入白宫 |
[38:33] | I’m making phone calls. | 我要打一些电话 |
[38:39] | -Yeah? – How you doing? | -喂? -你还好吗? |
[38:40] | – I’m freezing. -Where are you? | -我快冻死了 -你在哪里? |
[38:43] | – I’m at my front door. – Well, go inside. | -在我的门口 -哦,那进门去 |
[38:45] | – I can’t, I’ll lose you. – You’ll never lose me, Amy. | -不能,我会失去你的讯号 -你永远不会失去我的,艾咪 |
[38:49] | – Please don’t say that. – What do you have? | -请你不要说这种话 -你有什么想法? |
[38:52] | – I don’t have anything. – I don’t believe you. | -我什么都没有 -我不信 |
[38:58] | I don’t know what you want me to say. | 我不知道你要我说什么 |
[39:04] | I want women to have help from the government. | 我希望妇女能得到政府的协助 |
[39:06] | I want women to earn what men earn and everyone to earn enough… | 我希望妇女能跟男人同工同酬 而且大家赚的钱都够 |
[39:09] | …so everyone can choose right for their family. | 然后大家就可以为家庭 做出正确的选择 |
[39:12] | And after that it’s none of your business who stays home and who goes to work. | 然后,谁待在家里、谁出门工作 就不干别人屁事了 |
[39:16] | You don’t know more about raising a family than I do. | 对于养家活口的知识 你懂的也不比我多 |
[39:19] | That was it. We got it. We’ll give it a test and I’ll call back around 1. | 就是这段话,有了,我们会试试 我会在一点左右再打来 |
[39:23] | – A.M.? -Yeah. | -半夜一点? -是的 |
[39:24] | Good. | 很好 |
[39:26] | Let’s get that in the form of an answer. | 我们把这段弄成答案的格式 |
[39:30] | – We got something from Amy. – Good. | -有艾咪的东西了 -很好 |
[39:32] | He was wondering: The Team Toby meeting… | 他在担心: 托比团队的会议 |
[39:35] | …Toby doesn’t need to be there, right? – I wasn’t wondering. | -托比不用在场,是吧? -我没有在担心 |
[39:38] | Do your job as a man and get that nice girl pregnant. | 做好你男人的工作 去让那个好女人怀孕吧 |
[39:41] | I did. | 我完成了 |
[39:42] | – Wait, what? – What? | -等一下,什么? -什么? |
[39:45] | Andy’s pregnant. | 安娣怀孕了 |
[39:51] | Toby, Andy’s pregnant? | 托比,安娣怀孕了? |
[39:53] | With twins. | 双胞胎 |
[39:59] | This is incredible. | 不可思议 |
[40:04] | And they’re yours? | 是你的? |
[40:07] | – Yeah. – Both of them? | -对 -两个都是? |
[40:13] | I’m going downstairs. | 我要下楼去 |
[40:18] | Well, we’re gonna have to step this up now. | 我们得去传播佳音了 |
[40:21] | Yeah. I’m gonna get hats. | 对,我得开始募款了 |
[40:24] | Let’s go. | 咱们走 |
[40:29] | – Mr. President. – Did you have a good day? | -总统先生 -你这一天还顺利吗? |
[40:31] | Yes, sir. We haven’t found the answer we like on the Rooker question yet. | 是的,先生,我们还没找到答案 可以回答路克的问题 |
[40:35] | You know what I remember he said to me. He said: | 你知道我记得他跟我说的话 他说: |
[40:38] | “Mr. President, when I hear black footsteps behind me, I’m scared. | “当我听到我背后的黑人脚步声时 我会感到害怕 |
[40:41] | When I hear white footsteps, I’m not.” | 白人的脚步声,我就不害怕” |
[40:43] | Well, I think we both know people who’d say different. | 嗯,我想,我们都知道 有人会发出不同的见解 |
[40:46] | But you have to respect him for voicing an unpopular opinion amongst his people. | 可是你得尊重他胆敢发表 不受他的族群欢迎的言论 |
[40:51] | You pay for these things for such a long time, don’t you think? | 这种事让一个人倒霉太久 你不觉得吗? |
[40:54] | I do. And I don’t know why we struggle with it. | 我赞成 但我不了解我们何须为此挣扎 |
[40:57] | I made a mistake, I corrected it. | 我做了错误的决定,我也纠正了 |
[40:59] | – I’ll make more. – Yes. | -日后,我还会犯更多的错 -对 |
[41:01] | Humans can’t rebut that, it’s prevent defense and has the merit of being true. | 这是大家无法反驳的 有防有守还有坦白的美德 |
[41:06] | Am I gonna lose New Hampshire? | 我会失去新罕布夏? |
[41:08] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[41:12] | I don’t mind blowing the knucklehead stuff like Rooker. | 我不在乎删掉路克那种老傻子 |
[41:15] | Rooker’s not knucklehead. But if I’m making mistakes there… | 路克也不是老傻子 可是如果我在那方面出错 |
[41:19] | …how do I know I’m not doing it when it comes to matters… | 我怎么知道,我在处理 |
[41:23] | …like death and destruction? | 生死攸关的大事时不会出错? |
[41:24] | Well, probably you don’t, because there’s no manual. | 也许很难知道,因为这种事 是没有指导手册的 |
[41:28] | Sir, we expect the president to face the world in his own way… | 先生,我们期待的总统 是能以他自己的方式 |
[41:32] | …in his own time. | 自己的节奏去面对全世界 |
[41:34] | Luckily for all of us you have better advisers in that area… | 我们很幸运,你在重大领域 |
[41:37] | …than you do in domestic and political policy. | 比起在国内与政治政策方面 有更好的顾问团 |
[41:40] | When we’re done we should talk about moving money to Ohio. | 等我们结束后 我们来讨论如何把钱挪到俄亥俄州 |
[41:44] | Yes, and maybe making a stop in Orange County. | 是,也许该停止橘郡了 |
[41:46] | You know, our candidate in the 47th is such a dynamo… | 知道吗,我们在47区的候选人 是个有个性的人 |
[41:49] | …that he’s in the hospital… – Not anymore. He’s dead. | -所以他在医院 -没在医院了,他死了 |
[41:54] | – Okay. – Let’s go. | -好 -咱们走 |
[41:59] | – And stay up in my face, okay? – Yes, sir. | -勇于对抗我,好吗? -是的,先生 |
[42:12] | I swear to God, the winner of this debate’s gonna be the next president. | 我发誓,这场辩论赢的人 一定是下任的总统 |
[42:16] | – Anybody wanna be on the losing team? – No, sir. | -有人想在输的一边吗? -没有的,先生 |
[42:19] | Then let’s pump it up. | 那我们就加油了 |
[42:21] | Let’s go, Claudia Jean. | 咱们开始,茜洁 |
[42:24] | Good evening and welcome to the presidential debate… | 晚安,欢迎参加总统大选辩论会 |
[42:26] | …between President Bartlet and Gov. Ritchie, being brought to you… | 参加双方为巴特勒总统 以及李奇州长 |
[42:30] | …from the University of California, San Diego. | 主办单位为加州圣地牙哥大学 |
[42:33] | The format, agreed to by both candidates, is as follows: | 辩论格式如下,为双方所同意: |
[42:36] | A candidate will have 90 seconds to respond… | 每名候选人 有九十秒的时间回答问题 |
[42:39] | …followed with a 60-second questioning by his opponent… | 再由他的对手提出六十秒的质询 |
[42:42] | …followed by a 60-second summation. | 接下是六十秒的结辩 |
[42:44] | By virtue of a coin toss, Mr. President… | 由投掷铜板的方式,总统先生 |
[42:47] | …the first question goes to you. | 第一个问题是针对你的 |