时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:08] | – It’s over. – You’ll be back. | -结束了 -你会再回来的 |
[00:10] | Let’s go, 10 bucks. Ten bucks for you. | 咱们走了,十块钱 十块钱给你 |
[00:12] | It was the president’s idea. | 这是总统的点子 |
[00:14] | Bet us you couldn’t stay quiet if he gave a bad answer. | 他若说出差劲答案 你不会闭嘴不管 |
[00:17] | Horton Wilde in Orange County is in the hospital. His 4th heart attack. | 荷顿怀尔德在橘郡的医院 这是他第四次心脏病发作 |
[00:20] | Who knows when he’ll resume a campaign. | 天晓得他何时 才能恢复竞选活动 |
[00:22] | – He’s dead. – President wins the debate tomorrow… | -他过世了 -总统赢了明天的辩论会 |
[00:25] | …you marry me again. – Will Bailey, come inside? | -你就再和我结一次婚 -威尔贝利,请进来? |
[00:28] | – The campaign’s embarrassing to us. – I’m not embarrassed by it. | -这次的选举已经变得很难堪 -我不感到难堪 |
[00:31] | If you can’t find a Democrat, tell Kay I’ll do it. | 如果找不到一个民主党员 告诉凯让我来 |
[00:34] | Andy’s pregnant, with twins. | 安娣怀孕了 怀了双胞胎 剧名:选举投票夜 (第四选区开票所 西区公立图书馆) (第24投票所 早上七点十七分) |
[00:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:56] | – You’re Josh Lyman, aren’t you? – Yeah. | -你是乔西赖曼吗? -是的 |
[00:59] | I’ve seen your picture a lot. | 我常看到你的照片 |
[01:00] | – Can I ask you something? – Sure. | -我能请教一些问题吗? -当然可以 |
[01:03] | Bartlet’s on the ballot for the Democratic Party and for the Statehood Party. | 选票上,巴特勒分别属于 民主党和华府绿党 |
[01:06] | It’s okay that I voted for him in both columns, right? | 我在两个圈选栏都选他 这样可以吗? |
[01:09] | No, you can’t vote for him in two columns. | 不行,你不能在两个栏都选他 |
[01:12] | I already did. | 我已经选了 |
[01:13] | Your ballot’s gonna be invalidated. | 你的选票将会是无效废票 |
[01:15] | – What for? – You’re allowed to vote once. | -为什么? -你只能投一票 |
[01:17] | He’s on the ballot twice. | 他在选票上出现两次 |
[01:19] | He’s on it more. He’s on it… | 他出现更多,他出现在 |
[01:20] | …as the Liberal Party nominee… – I’m saying, I’m for Statehood. | -自由党提名的候选人 -我是指,我是投绿党的 |
[01:24] | Me too, and yours is a vote we didn’t get. | 我也是 可惜我们没拿到你的选票 |
[01:26] | I’m so sorry to interrupt… | 很抱歉打扰 |
[01:28] | …did you say you’re supposed to vote for the president in both columns? | 你是说两个圈选栏 都得圈选总统吗? |
[01:32] | No. | 不是 |
[01:34] | No. You can vote for the president in whatever column you want… | 不行,你只能在一个圈选栏 选你想投的 |
[01:39] | …but you can only vote once. – He’s right. | -但只能选一次 -他说得没错 |
[01:42] | – Yes… I’m… Yes. – And I’ll tell you a secret for a shortcut. | -是的,是的 -我告诉你们一个秘密 |
[01:46] | If you just, say, vote for one Democrat… | 如果你只圈选一个民主党候选人 |
[01:48] | …and leave the rest of the boxes blank, then you voted for all the Democrats. | 然后把其它的圈选栏放空 就等于选择所有民主党候选人了 |
[01:52] | Yes. No. | 是,不是 |
[01:54] | It doesn’t… You can’t vote for a party, you have to vote for a person. | 这不对,不能选党 必须选人 |
[01:57] | – No, I think you’re wrong. – I’m not. | -不,我认为你错了 -我没有 |
[02:00] | I left all but one box blank. | 我只填一个空格 |
[02:02] | Well, then, you voted for none but one candidate. | 那你等于什么都没投 只投了一个候选人 |
[02:05] | Nuts. | 神经病 |
[02:06] | Did you vote for the president? Was the president the one? | 你选总统了吗? 是哪个总统吗? |
[02:09] | – Who remembers? – It was a minute and a half ago. | -谁记得? -只是几分钟前的事 |
[02:11] | – Don’t be rude. – I’m sorry. | -不要无礼 -对不起 |
[02:14] | Thank you for voting. | 谢谢你来投票 |
[02:17] | – Excuse me. – Yes, what? | -抱歉 -是,干嘛? |
[02:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:22] | Yes, hello. | 是的,哈�� |
[02:24] | – You’re who I think you are, right? – I can be anybody you want. | -你是那个人,对不对? -我可以是你想的任何人 |
[02:27] | – That’s funny. – Thank you. | -真好玩 -谢谢你 |
[02:29] | I saw you getting run over by those people. | 我看到你被那些人缠住 |
[02:32] | Just part of the job, ma’am. | 这就是我的工作,夫人 |
[02:34] | I guess you hear some pretty silly questions. | 我猜你听到一些很愚蠢的问题 |
[02:36] | Well, I’m just worried because they all tried to vote for Bartlet. | 我很担心,因为他们都想 把票投给巴特勒 |
[02:39] | If this keeps up we’re headed toward the biggest electoral upset in history. | 如果继续这样下去 将造成史上最令人失望的选举 |
[02:43] | Nobody’s gonna figure out why. | 而且没有人会知道原因 |
[02:45] | Right. It’s the same thing with my parents. | 对,我父母也有相同的情况 |
[02:48] | I tell them, rank the candidates in order of preference. | 我告诉他们 要把候选人依喜好排列 |
[02:51] | Right. No. | 对,不对 |
[02:52] | Mr. Lyman, voted for your boy in all three boxes. | 赖曼先生,我在三个栏 都圈给你支持的那个 |
[02:55] | No, listen to me, your ballot is invalid. So is yours. | 不,听我说,你的选票是废票 你的也是 |
[03:00] | Punch the box next to the candidate you prefer once. Nothing else. | 圈选你想支持的那一个候选人 就这样 |
[03:08] | – I’m sorry, one more thing? – Yes? | -很抱歉,还有一件事? -是吗? |
[03:10] | I have a message from Toby Ziegler. | 我带来托比齐格的口信 |
[03:12] | – What? – I have a message from Toby Ziegler. | -什么? -托比齐格要我捎来一个口信 |
[03:15] | You know Toby? | 你认识托比? |
[03:17] | He says: | 他说: |
[03:18] | “Ten dollars.” | “十块钱” |
[03:23] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[03:26] | You guys are a little troupe… | 你们是一整团的 |
[03:29] | …a little acting troupe, with a U. – Yes, sir, we are. | -来耍我的演员 -是的,先生,我们是的 |
[03:32] | – Can I give you a card? – No. | -能给你一张名片吗? -不用 |
[03:35] | Mr. Ziegler said you were edgy on election days… | 齐格先生说你在选举日 都很焦躁易怒 |
[03:38] | …so to show there are no hard feelings… | 所以为了不让你记仇 |
[03:40] | …how about I go there and vote for the president, now. | 要不要我现在就去选? |
[03:43] | As a matter of fact, that’d be nice. | 事实上,这点子还不错 |
[03:45] | No problem. Do you happen to know if I need to be… | 没问题,你知道我是否需要 |
[03:47] | …I don’t know, pre-registered or something? | 我不晓得,先注册或什么的? |
[03:56] | Yes! | 要! 主演:罗伯洛 主演:施塔科钱宁 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宝塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 (早上十点) |
[04:52] | The teachers have 500 red and blue “Bartlet-Hoynes” banners. | 教师们有五百个红蓝 “巴特勒―何尼斯”的布条 |
[04:55] | – That plus 600 from Building Trades. – No. | -加上从建筑同业公会来的六百个 -不 |
[04:58] | – I’m sorry? – No. | -抱歉? -不 |
[05:00] | – Why? – The partisanship’s over. | -为什么? -选举的党派分化已经结束了 |
[05:02] | We elected a president. This is for everybody. | 我们已经选了总统 不论结果如何大家都得接受 |
[05:04] | No banners tonight, American flags… | 今晚不放任何旗帜布条 只有美国国旗 |
[05:07] | But use the Seal, I’ll put Senate and House Leadership up there. | 但用象征的标志就好,我也会 把参众两院的领导人放上去 |
[05:10] | – No balloons, no confetti. – Why? | -不要放汽球、彩纸 -为什么? |
[05:12] | – It’s not a party. – It is a party. | -不是在办派对 -是派对没错 |
[05:13] | – But we won. We don’t have to pander. – Don’t say that. | -我们赢了就好,不用太爽快 -不要这样说 |
[05:16] | On your birthday, don’t we pander? | 你生日时,我们没让你爽快吗? |
[05:18] | – Not as much as I’d like. – Not kidding. | -是不太够 -是这样子吗? |
[05:20] | – What are you babbling about? – We haven’t won. | -你在唠叨什么? -我们还没赢 |
[05:22] | – The speech is done. – Two speeches. | -演讲都写好了 -两个演讲 |
[05:24] | – What’s the second? – One if he wins… | -第二个是什么? -一个是他赢的稿子 |
[05:26] | …one if he doesn’t. – You wrote a concession? | -一个是他没赢的稿子 -你写了承认选举失败的稿子? |
[05:28] | Of course I wrote a concession. | 我当然写了认输的演讲稿 |
[05:30] | You wanna tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing? | 你想遭天谴吗? |
[05:34] | – No. – Then go outside, turn around and spit. | -不想 -那就去外面,转一圈再吐口水 |
[05:37] | What’s the matter with you? | 你是怎么了? |
[05:39] | – It’s like 25 degrees outside. – Go. | -外面可能只有零度 -去吧 |
[05:41] | – Hello. – Mr. Lyman. | -哈�� -赖曼先生 |
[05:44] | I see your picture in the magazine. Tell me, if I swallow my ballot, does it…? | 我在杂志上看到你的照片 告诉我,若我吞了选票 |
[05:49] | – Election Day humor, great. – He wrote a concession speech. | -选举日的玩笑,很好 -他写了认输演讲稿 |
[05:53] | Of course he wrote it. Why wouldn’t he? | 他当然写了 为什么不呢? |
[05:55] | What possible reason would he have for not writing a concession speech? | 他有什么理由不写呢? |
[05:59] | – The wrath from high atop the thing? – He upped and said we were gonna… | -天谴吗? -他站起来说我们得 |
[06:03] | No, go outside, turn around three times and curse. | 不,去外面转三圈还得骂几声 |
[06:06] | – Spit. – Spit and curse. | -吐口水 -吐口水并大骂 |
[06:07] | – Do everything. Go. – Go! | -照着做,去 -去! |
[06:09] | – Go! | – Go! -去! -去! |
[06:13] | These things have a half-life. You can’t… | 这种事情是有天在看的 你不能 |
[06:16] | – We’re meeting again when? – First round of exits at 11. | -什么时候再见面? -十一点的第一轮出口民调结果 |
[06:19] | Eleven o’clock unless there’s a reason earlier. | 十一点,除非会早一点 |
[06:22] | – Can I have you two seconds? – Yeah. | -我能打扰你一会儿吗? -可以 |
[06:24] | – What do you need? – Hang on. | -有什么事? -等一等 |
[06:27] | – There’s trouble? – A little bit. | -有麻烦了吗? -有点麻烦 |
[06:29] | – For the president? – For you. | -是总统的吗? -是你的 |
[06:35] | I know better than to stick my face in your personal life. | 我知道我不该管你的私事 |
[06:38] | Except, you know, for sport. | 但我们是团队 |
[06:40] | – What happened? – Roll Call‘s got it… | -发生什么事? -《国会报》报导 |
[06:42] | …from the Office of Congress’s attending physician that Andy’s pregnant. | 从国会辨公室的医师那里 得到安娣怀孕的消息 |
[06:49] | When did they start doing more than flu vaccinations? | 他们什么时候开始不单单只有 注射流感疫苗的服务了? |
[06:52] | They need updated records. | 他们需要更新记录 |
[06:53] | Roll Call doesn’t need updated records, though. | 《国会报》不需要更新记录 |
[06:56] | They’re gonna connect the dots. It’s gonna be bad for her and bad for you. | 他们在“连连看”了 恐怕对她、对你都不利 |
[07:00] | – You mean bad for us. – I can handle the us. | -你是指对我们不利 -我们团队的事是我能处理的 |
[07:03] | – What’s her plan? – I don’t know. | -她有什么计划? -我不知道 |
[07:05] | – Toby. – I don’t know. We haven’t talked. | -托比 -我不知道,我们没谈过 |
[07:07] | – She’s gotta be proactive. – Yeah. | -她一定是先前就知道的 -是的 |
[07:11] | It’d be nice if we could announce a wedding. | 如果能宣布即将举行婚礼也行 |
[07:13] | – I’m working on that, thanks. – You’ll talk to her? | -我朝这方向在努力,谢谢 -你会跟她谈谈吗? |
[07:16] | – Yeah. – Thanks. | -会的 -谢谢 制片:尼尔海恩二世 |
[07:21] | – Did you…? – Yes, I turned, I cursed, I spat, it froze. | -你有没有? -我转圈、吐口水,口水结冰了 |
[07:25] | – You can’t be too careful. – I think you can. | 制片:保罗瑞福 -不能不小心 -我认为过于小心了 |
[07:27] | Sam, you got Will Bailey calling from California. | 山姆,威尔贝利 从加州打来的电话 |
[07:31] | “Won’t you come home, Will Bailey? | “你不回家吗,威尔贝利? |
[07:35] | Won’t you come home?” | 你不回家吗?” |
[07:39] | Sancho, how you doing? | 桑丘,你还好吗? |
[07:40] | -I’m Sancho? – Yeah. | -我变成唐吉诃德的跟班了? -是的 |
[07:42] | – Can I ask you something? – Yes, grasshopper. | -我能问你一件事吗? -可以的,小螳螂 |
[07:44] | – How much do you know on exit polls? – What’s to know? | -你对出口民调了解多少? -有什么好了解的? |
[07:47] | You stand 100 yards away and say”Who’d you vote for?” | 你大老远的对人喊 “你投给谁?” 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[07:50] | You can’t afford exit polls. | -你负担不起出口民调的 -我有免费的义工 |
[07:52] | I’ve got volunteers out there. | 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[07:54] | – And? – Something weird’s going on. | -所以呢? -奇怪的事发生了 |
[07:55] | – What? – We’re winning. | -什么? -我们领先 |
[07:57] | – What do you mean? – We’re down one in Spyglass Hill… | -你是什么意思? -我们在望远镜赢了一点 |
[08:00] | …even in Emerald Bay and up three in El Toro Station. | 甚至在翡翠湾也是,但在 艾尔多罗则赢了三点 故事:大卫葛金 大卫韩德门 |
[08:03] | – Can I give you free advice? – Yeah. | -我能给你衷心的劝告吗? -当然 |
[08:06] | It’s not advice so much as I’m saying this: | 也不能算劝告: 导演:莱斯利林卡格拉特 |
[08:09] | Democrats vote early. Okay? And diehards vote early. | 民主党员会较早去投票,对吗? 死忠派的也一样 |
[08:13] | You want me to call in every couple of hours? | 你希望我每几个小时 都打进来吗? |
[08:16] | – Every hour. – Okay. | -每个小时 -好的 |
[08:25] | Bonnie… | 邦妮 |
[08:27] | …Democrats vote early, right? – Yeah. | -民主党员都较早去投票,是吧? -是的 |
[08:29] | Ginger? Democrats and diehards vote early, right? | 金洁?民主党员和死忠派的 都会较早投票吧? |
[08:32] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -是的 -好的 (第一艾曼纽教堂) (曼彻斯特,新罕布夏州) |
[08:39] | Mrs. Bartlet, can you tell us who you voted for? | 巴特勒夫人,你能告诉我们 你投谁吗? |
[08:41] | – Nobody, I was just fixing my makeup. – How are you spending the day? | -没投,我进去补妆的 -你今天要怎么过? |
[08:45] | Filling out Chicago ballots, just pitching in. | 填填芝加哥的选票 然后只要扔下去就行了 |
[08:48] | He’s gonna be flying around thanking supporters. | 他一定要到处飞 感谢支持者 |
[08:51] | – Is there any suspense at all today? – Well, there are about… | -今天顺利吗? -今天约有 |
[08:54] | …14 competitive Senate races, about 46 House races… | 十四位参议员和四十六位 众议员竞选 |
[08:59] | …right here in New Hampshire there’s a 600-million-dollar bond issue… | 新罕布夏州这里 有值六亿元的公债议题 |
[09:03] | …plus, no one’s elected my husband president yet. | 外加,还没有人投我老公的票 |
[09:08] | Mr. President, polls show a dogfight here in New Hampshire. | 总统先生,民调显示 你在新罕布夏州情况危急 |
[09:11] | How would you feel if you won the election, but lost your home state? | 你若赢了选举但输了家乡的选票 你有何感想? |
[09:15] | Better than if I won my home state, but lost my home country. | 总比赢了家乡的选票 却输了国人的选票好 |
[09:18] | But the only poll that matters closes in 17 hours. | 但唯一重要的民调 将在17小时结束 |
[09:21] | – Did you vote for the bond issue? – Title 63, Chapter 659, Section 43… | -你有投公投的议题吗? -659章第43节的63标题 |
[09:25] | …of New Hampshire Election Code says: | 新罕布夏州选举法规定: |
[09:27] | “Electioneering is prohibited within a corridor 10 feet wide… | “禁止竞选活动在投票所 入口处一直延伸到 |
[09:31] | …extending a distance from the entrance door… | 十尺宽的走道举行 |
[09:34] | …as determined by the moderator where the election is being held.” | 该确切距离 由各当地选举主办者决定” |
[09:37] | If anyone knows what that means. | 有人知道这条法律? |
[09:39] | Yeah, I voted for the bond issue. It’ll improve public education… | 是的,我投了公投的议题 这将有助于公立教育 |
[09:42] | …without a tax abatement. – Mr. President. | -而且不会减少税收 -总统先生 |
[09:48] | Mr. President, do you have anything to say to Governor Ritchie today? | 总统先生,你今天 想对李奇州长说什么吗? |
[09:51] | Well, one way or another, I imagine we’ll be talking tonight. | 无论如何 我想我们今晚铁定是会交谈的 |
[09:55] | I gotta get back. You can hockle Abbey for a while, she’s taking the next plane. | 我该回去了,你们可以访问艾比 她搭下一班飞机回去 |
[09:59] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[10:02] | – These are for your signature. – Yeah. | -这些需要你的签名 -好的 |
[10:04] | – Could you score me a couple of aspirin? – Yes, sir. | -能给我一些阿斯匹灵吗? -是的 |
[10:07] | – Got a headache? – I’m fine. | -头痛吗? -我很好 |
[10:08] | – Should I ask the doctors to…? – It’s just a headache. | -我要请医生吗? -只是头痛而已 |
[10:11] | – Just me and you today, okay? I’m fine. – Yes, sir. | -别说出去好吗? -是的 |
[10:14] | – I’ll sign these in the car. – Yes, sir. | -我到车里签这些文件 -是的 |
[10:32] | Come on. | 不要这样 |
[10:37] | Okay, this can wait. Let’s go. | 好,这可以等等,走了 (巴特勒(民):597343票 李奇(共):551794票) (怀尔德(民):16916票 韦伯(共): 16864票) |
[11:01] | Nothing’s happening right now. | 现在还没有什么事 |
[11:07] | By the end of the night, 100 million votes will be cast. | 今晚将会开出约一亿张的选票 |
[11:13] | Polls have been open in the East for six and a half hours. | 东岸的投票所已经开六个半小时了 |
[11:16] | You know how many votes have been cast? One percent. | 你知道开多少票了? 百分之一而已 |
[11:20] | Everybody votes after work. Not me, I vote first thing. | 每个人都在下班后投票 而我不是,我是先去投票 |
[11:26] | The VNS exit polls are down in Michigan for a little while. | 《选举人新闻》在密西根州 做的出口民调,我们落后一点 |
[11:31] | And it’s raining in Oregon. | 奥勒冈州在下雨 |
[11:39] | This is like the ionization blackout period. | 这就像太空任务失去通讯的黑暗期一样 |
[11:42] | Pumpkin Patch, anything I can do to get you to the movies for eight hours? | 小可怜,我怎样才能 让你去看八小时的影片? |
[11:45] | – Senior Staff. – Yeah. | -资深幕僚会议吗? -是的 |
[11:47] | – But can you do me a favor? – What do you need? | -但你能帮我一个忙吗? -你需要什么? |
[11:50] | This is a photocopy of my absentee ballot. I was hoping the president… | 这是我邮寄投票的影印本 我希望总统 |
[11:54] | …could sign it and I’d have it framed. – Yeah. | -能在上签名,我要把它框起来 -好的 |
[11:57] | You know the president’s the first winner I voted for? | 你知道总统是我投过的 第一个胜利者吗? |
[12:00] | – Is this a joke? – It’s not hard to believe… | -这是玩笑话吗? -这并不难相信 |
[12:02] | – No, I mean this. – What are you talking about? | -不,我是指这个 -你在说什么? |
[12:05] | Toby already did the thing this morning with the invalid ballots. | 托比今天早上 已经玩过废票的玩笑了 |
[12:09] | – My ballot’s invalid? – This isn’t a joke? | -我的选票是废票? -不是开玩笑的? |
[12:12] | – It’s invalid? – You voted for Ritchie. | -是废票? -你投给了李奇 |
[12:15] | – Where? – Here. | -在哪里? -这里 |
[12:18] | Oh, my God. | 喔,我的天啊 |
[12:19] | Your picking-the-winner streak is probably over. | 你选到胜利者的本能 大概没指望了 |
[12:22] | No, no, no. It’s an optical scan ballot. | 不,不,不 这是感光扫瞄的选票 |
[12:25] | I drew a line through the Democratic ticket. | 我在民主党的票区划条线 |
[12:27] | Almost. You drew a line through the Republican ticket. | 几乎是,你是在共和党的 票区划线 |
[12:30] | You didn’t ticket-split. You voted for every Republican in Wisconsin. | 你没有分开选票,你投给 威斯康辛州每个共和党员 |
[12:34] | Check. You may have voted for McCarthy. | 查查看,你搞不好还投给麦卡锡 |
[12:36] | – I’m gonna rectify this. – How? | -我要修改 -怎么改? |
[12:37] | I don’t know, but it’ll be counted. | 我还不知道 但我的票会被算进去 |
[12:39] | – It will. – I don’t want it counted. | -会的 -我不希望这张被算进去 |
[12:41] | – I’m going, you still want…? – Give me that. | -我要走了,你还想? -那个给我 |
[12:46] | Hey, I’m going in, okay? | 嘿,我要进去,行吗? |
[12:48] | – Hey, Josh. No. – I’m sorry? | -嘿,乔西,不行 -抱歉? |
[12:51] | – It’s the Senior Staff meeting. – I’m Senior Staff. | -这是资深幕僚会议 -我是资深幕僚 |
[12:54] | – You don’t have your briefing memo. – How do you know? | -你没带你的简报 -你怎么知道? |
[12:56] | I’m sorry. Do you have it? | 对不起,你有吗? |
[12:58] | No. | 没有 |
[13:00] | – I memorized it. – Did you get my e-mail… | -我背在脑子里 -你有收到我发的电子邮件 |
[13:02] | …on the three new rules for the week? – I got it. I read it. | -关于本周的三条新规定的? -我收到了,也读了 |
[13:05] | It was good stuff. It’s possible the salient details escape me. | 是好东西,可能是一些 重要的细节被我漏掉了 |
[13:09] | Rule number two: You don’t attend Daily Senior Staff without the briefing memo. | 第二条规定:参加每日 资深幕僚会议需携带简报 |
[13:13] | The agenda’s outlined and there are… | 简报中含议程的概述 |
[13:15] | …up-to-the-minute details on priority items, and still… | 以及优先顺序之最新细节 |
[13:18] | …half the meeting is spent regurgitating the memo… | 不过,会议一半的时间 还是会浪费在这些程序上 |
[13:21] | …for members who have difficulty holding onto salient details. | 因为有些人就是无法守住 那些重要的细节 |
[13:24] | That’s fair, and next time I’m gonna remember the memo. | 这很好,下次我会记住带简报 |
[13:27] | I’m confident you will because you’re gonna remember it this time too. | 我相信你会的 因为你本来也记得这次要带简报的 |
[13:31] | – You want me to go back and get it? – I do. | -你要我回办公室去拿吗? -我想是的 |
[13:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:39] | All right. | 没问题 |
[13:41] | – I’m gonna humor the new girl. – Appreciate it. | -我要适应新来的女孩 -很感谢 |
[13:45] | – Going to get your briefing memo? – Yes. | -回去拿你的简报吗? -是的 |
[13:48] | Charlie, Security called for you. They’d like to see you out front. | 查理,安全人员叫你 他们想见你 |
[13:51] | – Security? – Yeah. | -安全人员? -是的 |
[14:03] | What the hell? Anthony. | 搞什么?安东尼 |
[14:06] | Michelle, he’s with me. | 蜜雪儿,他是跟我的 |
[14:07] | – Which one? – The regular-sized one. Who are you? | -哪一个? -中等身材的那个,你是谁? |
[14:10] | – Orlando Kettles, boss, how you doing? – Fine, thanks. | -奥兰多凯特,你好吗? -很好,谢谢 |
[14:13] | – Anthony. – Yeah, you know, I brought him today. | -安东尼 -对,我今天带他进来 |
[14:16] | First of all, they’re a little prickly about security here. | 第一,这里的 安全人员是有点挑剔的 |
[14:19] | You’re not down as”Anthony plus one.” You see the guns standing around now? | 不能随便就“安东尼加一” 你看到摆在那里的枪了吗? |
[14:23] | Boy’s going to Columbus, starting right tackle for the Buckeyes. | 这年轻人正要去哥伦布市 帮俄亥俄州大打美式足球 |
[14:26] | True freshman. I hand you the ball, run behind him, have coffee. | 真正的好手,我把球传给你 跑在他后面就能轻而易举得分 |
[14:29] | He’s gonna play on Sundays. | 星期日他就要上场 |
[14:31] | – You his agent? – Don’t have nothing in writing. | -你是他的经纪人吗? -没有白纸黑字的合约 |
[14:33] | – What’s he doing here, Anthony? – He got pulled over… | -他在这里做什么,安东尼? -他的车被叫下来 |
[14:36] | …with an open can of Pabst. – He was… You were driving drunk? | -车上有一罐开着的蓝带啤酒 -他你酒醉驾车吗? |
[14:39] | No way, boss. | 不是的,老板 |
[14:41] | He passed the Breathalyzer. It was the open can of Pabst. | 他通过了酒测 只是一罐开着的啤酒 |
[14:44] | But Saturday’s St. Erasmus Academy, that’s a big game for a senior. | 但星期六的伊拉斯墨中学 是高年级们的大事 |
[14:48] | – Wanna put a hurt on some blue blazers? – Anthony. | -想折损优秀的运动员吗? -安东尼 |
[14:52] | Coach is gonna sit him down because of the Pabst, unless… | 因为啤酒事件教练 叫他不要上场,除非 |
[14:55] | – Unless what? – You know, you do your thing. | -除非什么? -你知道,你能做的事 |
[14:57] | – My thing? – Write him a note. | -我能做的事? -写一张纸条给他 |
[14:59] | – Saying what? – He’s a good guy, Charlie. | -写什么? -他是个好人,查理 |
[15:01] | – He does his business. – I’m not Officer Krupke. I have a job. | -他球技无懈可击 -我又不是开单的警官,我有工作 |
[15:04] | Try to think back to the days before you were secretary of state. | 想想过去 你们还没当总统府秘书的日子 |
[15:08] | There are good guys and bad guys. When good guys… | 里面有好人和坏人 当好人 |
[15:11] | …stop letting you play with them, bad guys have a recruiting field day. | 不再让你们跟他们玩 坏人就出头 |
[15:14] | When did you start talking like Mickey Spillane? | 你什么时候开始说话像 侦探小说家米基史毕兰? |
[15:17] | – I don’t know. Who’s Officer Cupcake? – Okay, you’re seeing a musical. | -我不知道,谁是蛋糕警官? -好,你正在看这出音乐剧 |
[15:21] | Man, look at the size of him, Charlie. He’s not done growing either. | 看他的体型,查理 他还在长大 |
[15:24] | Who do you want him playing for? | 如果不打球你想要他怎么办? |
[15:27] | What else has he got? | 他还有怎样? |
[15:29] | – What else? – Priors. | -还有什么? -以前? |
[15:31] | Nothing, man. I swear. | 没什么,我发誓 |
[15:34] | He stole a goat. | 他偷了一只羊 |
[15:35] | – A goat? – Yeah. | -一只羊? -是的 |
[15:37] | Why did he…? No. I don’t care. | 他为什么? 不,我不在乎 |
[15:39] | – You got his Social Security number? – Yeah. | -你有他的社会安全证号码吗? -有的 |
[15:45] | – Orlando, got practice this afternoon? – Oh, yeah. | -奥兰多,下午有练习吗? -有 |
[15:47] | You’re not going. It’s Election Day. You’re gonna spend it with me. | 你不能去,今天是大选日 你要和我在一起 |
[15:51] | Yo, man, I’ve done wind sprints, I’ll take the swap. | 我已经做过体能训练 可以调动一下时间 |
[15:54] | Follow me. This is the White House. | 跟着我,这里是白宫 |
[15:56] | Frederick Douglass came here. | 黑人领袖也来过这里 |
[15:57] | Mondays through Fridays we wear coats and ties. You too, Mugsy. | 星期一至星期五 我们穿外套打领带,你也是 |
[16:01] | Hey, Charlie, not for nothing, but so you know… | 嘿,查理,我不是在抱怨 但你知道 |
[16:03] | …some higher-end places provide a jacket for you. | 有些高档的地方 会在门口提供上衣给你 |
[16:06] | Right. You’re confusing the White House with the Friars Club. | 没错,你把白宫 和高级俱乐部搞混了 |
[16:09] | The people I work with are serious, so don’t embarrass me. | 和我工作的都是严肃的人 不要让我难看 |
[16:12] | – You got it, boss. – We’re gonna have to wait… | -你放心,老板 -我们必须要等 |
[16:14] | …till the Secret Service… | 直到秘密特勤人员 |
[16:17] | Sorry, man, that wasn’t cool. | 抱歉,这可不妙 |
[16:19] | – How you doing? – You all right? | -你好吗? -你还好吗? |
[16:22] | He should… You should play football. | 他应该你应该去打足球 |
[16:26] | Hey, man, I’m trying, you know, but I had an open Pabst… | 我是想啊 但我有一罐开着的啤酒 |
[16:29] | …and that’s the way that goes. – Yeah. | -事情就是这样的 -是的 |
[16:31] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[16:43] | Rule number two: Daily Senior Staff will… | 第二条规定: 资深幕僚每日会 |
[16:45] | …something the briefing memo. I have the memo, I’m going. | 带简报出席 我带着简报,我要进去了 |
[16:48] | – Yeah. No. – No? | -对,不行 -不行? |
[16:50] | No, have you read rule number one? | 不,你读第一条规定了吗? |
[16:52] | The salient details… | 重要的细节规定 |
[16:55] | The meeting starts on time. If you’re not there, you don’t go in. | 会议准时开始,如果你迟到 就不要进去了 |
[16:58] | – That’s insanity. – Well, I’m quite mad. | -真是太疯狂了 -我很疯狂的人 |
[17:02] | There has to be a natural fluidity to these things. It’s how we work best. | 这种事一定要有变通办法 我们才能把事做好 |
[17:06] | You can’t say that every meeting has to… | 你不能要求说每次的会议都必须 |
[17:08] | I didn’t. | 不是我 |
[17:10] | The e-mail, which is exactly this long, in case as a boy you had… | 这封电子邮件其实不很长 除非你小时候 |
[17:13] | …a frightening experience with Balzac, and that’s why you didn’t read it… | 有被巴扎克的长篇小说惊吓过 导致有阅读障碍 |
[17:17] | …says,”This applies only to the Daily Senior Staff meeting.” | 否则我们是有注明 “只适用于每日资深幕僚会议” |
[17:21] | One meeting it’s gonna be important to be on time. | 一个会议最重要的 就是准时开始 |
[17:23] | Well, I think that’s a random cracking of the whip. | 我想这是杀鸡儆猴 铁的纪律了 |
[17:26] | According to the last 300 daily diaries… | 根据最后三百篇行程记载 |
[17:29] | …the president is typically 70 to 90 minutes over-scheduled… | 总统一整天的行程大约 超过预定时间七十至九十分钟 |
[17:32] | …by the end of the day. The median time a day ends… | 行程结束时间点平均约在 |
[17:35] | …the over-under is 10:20 p.m. | 晚间十点二十分之后 |
[17:37] | As many days have ended after that time as have ended before it. | 一半的日子结束在这时间之后 一半在这时间之前 |
[17:40] | The result being, the Commander in Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces… | 结果是让本国的三军统帅 |
[17:45] | …hasn’t had a night’s sleep in four years. | 四年来不曾好好的睡一觉 |
[17:47] | That’s both bad and easy to fix. | 这是不好的,但很容易修正 |
[17:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:51] | Well, yes, that’s hard to argue against. | 是,很难去争论这个问题 |
[17:54] | I’ll remember this talk next time. | 下次我会记得这件事 |
[17:56] | I have confidence that you will. | 我相信你一定会的 |
[17:58] | Okay. Well, I’m going in now, all right? | 好,那我现在进去了好吗? |
[18:00] | Sweet of you to tell me a joke, Josh. You’re the funny one, I can tell. | 你真是会开玩笑,乔西 你很幽默,我能了解 |
[18:04] | All right. | 可以 |
[18:07] | This is your little part of the store and I respect that. | 这是你的职责所在 我很敬重 |
[18:10] | See what I did there? Respect. | 知道我在干什么吗?表示敬重 |
[18:13] | No one’s bigger than the game. | 没有人比大局更重要 |
[18:15] | – You’re an example for the kids. – Yeah. | -你真是年轻人的楷模 -对 |
[18:20] | – I’m going out for about 20 minutes. – Where? | -我要出去二十分钟 -去哪里? |
[18:22] | There’s a polling place nearby, I’m gonna find someone to swap votes. | 附近有个投票所,我去看看 有没有人要跟我交换票 |
[18:26] | A Ritchie supporter to vote for the president to offset my absentee ballot. | 就是让一个李奇的选民来选总统 这样就可抵销我的缺席票 |
[18:30] | – Really. – It’s Election Day, I’m doing this. | -真的吗? -今天是大选日,我要去 |
[18:32] | – It’s gonna take 20 minutes? – Yeah, I’ll be right back. | -要花二十分钟吗? -是的,我马上回来 |
[18:35] | You bet. Toby. | 你最好快 托比 |
[18:37] | – He can’t talk. – Okay. | -他不能说话 -好 |
[18:40] | We’re late for the first sonogram. | 我们第一次的超音扫描快迟到了 |
[18:42] | Big needle, 18 inches, right in the stomach, Toby, don’t look at it. | 十八英寸的大针就刺到胃里 托比,千万不要看 |
[18:46] | – Yeah, that’s amniocentesis. – Hurts like heartbreak. | -好了,那是羊膜穿刺 -痛得要命 |
[18:49] | – You’ve had the procedure? – Not me personally. | -你做过那种东西? -不是我本人 |
[18:51] | Toby, it’s a good idea to slip the nurse something. | 托比,最好拿点红包收买护士 |
[18:54] | Tell her you’re hoping for a smooth second trimester. | 告诉她 你希望接下来几月都能很顺利 |
[18:56] | – You grease the nurse? – He’s kidding. | -你会讨好护士吗? -他在开玩笑 |
[18:58] | Give me one second, would you? I’ll catch up. | 等我一下子,行吗? 我会追上你的 |
[19:01] | – Sports fans, this is getting exciting. – Yes. | -有人要追我,一定很刺激 -是的 |
[19:05] | So, what do you think, like, 50 bucks? | 你觉得五十块如何? |
[19:07] | I don’t know, it’s your first, it’s twins. | 我不知道,是你的第一胎 还是双胞胎 |
[19:10] | I don’t know, I think I’d give her 100. | 我不知道,我想我会给她一百 |
[19:12] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[19:14] | In your life you have never been on time to this meeting. | 你这辈子从没这么准时来开会 |
[19:17] | I wasn’t actually. I was just incredibly late to the meeting right before it. | 并非如此,我是狠狠的迟到了 我现在是来开上一个会的 |
[19:21] | – Well, that’s the trick then. – Yeah. | -这是个好方法 -是的 |
[19:23] | Sam, Will Bailey’s on the phone if you want him. | 山姆,威尔贝利在线上 你想接吗? |
[19:26] | That name sounds familiar. | 那个名字听起来很熟 |
[19:28] | He’s a guy in California. | 他是一个在加州的人 |
[19:30] | He’s on the phone… | 他在电话线上 |
[19:31] | …and I’m gonna talk to him now. | 我要和他谈谈 |
[19:34] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗? -是的 |
[19:35] | – Everything all right? – Yeah. | -一切都还好吗? -是的 |
[19:37] | California 47th. He was the guy running Horton Wilde? | 加州第四十七选区 他是替荷顿怀尔德竞选的吗? |
[19:39] | – Yeah. – They’re gonna lose by 20 points. | -是的 -他们约输二十个百分点 |
[19:41] | Really? You’re getting that from the exits? | 真的吗?你是有出口民调? |
[19:44] | – Yeah. – Great. | -是的 -很好 |
[19:45] | – Great? – No. I mean, it’s a tough beat… | -很好? -不,我是指,这是场硬仗 |
[19:48] | …what with dying and all. – Yeah. | -是死亡之战 -是的 |
[19:51] | – I’m gonna talk to him now, okay? – Okay. | -我现在去和他谈,行吗? -可以 |
[19:59] | – Hey. – I think we’re still up. | -嘿 -我想我们还是赢的 |
[20:01] | Josh says the exits have you down 20. | 乔西说出口民调 把你降了二十个百分点 |
[20:03] | He means the tracking. The last one was a week ago, then the DNC left town. | 他指的是选前的民调 最后一次大约是一星期前的纪录 |
[20:07] | – He said the exits. – Hey, when I said”exits” before… | -他说的是出口民调 -我刚刚说的“出口民调” |
[20:10] | …I meant tracking. | 我是指选前民调 |
[20:11] | They did the last one a week ago, then left town. | 是一星期前做的最后一次 然后那个小组就离开了 |
[20:14] | Yeah, they may have called that putt a little early. | 是,他们的结论也许下得太早了 |
[20:18] | Sam, it’d help if we could get added to the president’s afternoon satellite. | 山姆,如果我们能加上总统 下午的卫星转播会有帮助 |
[20:22] | – We could use some radio at drive time. – Yeah. | -我们可以在下班时段用广播的 -是 |
[20:24] | Will, no kidding… | 威尔,不是开玩笑的 |
[20:26] | …drive time’s also when the plants get out and the real Orange County votes… | 下班时段也是工厂关门 橘郡的选民全都去投票的时刻 |
[20:30] | …that’s when you turn into a pumpkin. | 那就是你大梦初醒的一刻 |
[20:32] | Don’t get your hopes up. | 别期望太高 |
[20:34] | No, just a good showing. Cover the spread. | 不,只是后势看好 可以冲一冲 |
[20:36] | All right. | 好的 |
[20:39] | – What’d he say? – Don’t get hopes up. | -他说什么? -别期望太高 |
[20:41] | – Are they? – No. | -有吗? -没有 |
[20:42] | Everybody on the street. But we’re gonna make history. | 大家都上街了 我们要创造历史 |
[20:55] | Roll Call has the pregnancy. | 《国会报》报导怀孕的消息 |
[20:57] | What? | 什么? |
[20:59] | Roll Call has the pregnancy. C.J. just told me. | 《国会报》刊出怀孕的消息 茜洁刚告诉我 |
[21:02] | – When? – A little while ago. | -什么时候? -稍早之前 |
[21:08] | – Why are you telling me now? – I didn’t wanna ruin the day for you. | -你现在告诉我干嘛? -我不想破坏你美好的一天 |
[21:11] | – Then why are you telling me now? – I couldn’t help it. | -那你现在干嘛说? -我不说受不了 |
[21:14] | – Roll Call has it from where? – The Office of the Congressional. | -《国会报》从哪来的消息? -国会辨公室 |
[21:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[21:20] | – What are you saying that to me for? – No, I was… | -你为什么那样问我? -不,我是 |
[21:23] | I was saying it to them. I was asking it. | 是我对他们说的 我问了他们 |
[21:25] | Out of curiosity, how long did you think this was going to be covert? | 我很好奇 你以为这件事能藏多久? |
[21:30] | These are twins, Andy. You think you’re gonna go on Meet the Press… | 他们是双胞胎,安娣 你就要上《会见新闻界》 |
[21:33] | …and Russert won’t notice you’re the size of a school? | 你以为人家不会注意到 你体型上的变化吗? |
[21:36] | Why not just come out and say: | 何不走出来说: |
[21:38] | “I’m expecting twins, I couldn’t be happier. | “我怀了双胞胎 我再快乐不过了 |
[21:40] | The father’s my ex-husband, Toby Ziegler, to whom I’ll be remarried… | 孩子的父亲是我前夫托比齐格 我将要与他再婚 |
[21:44] | …on a date to be decided upon. | 请期待我们的结婚日期 |
[21:46] | – I’m thinking Christmas.” – I’m not marrying you again. | -我想在圣诞节好了” -我不会再嫁给你 |
[21:50] | Then say the first part at least. | 那至少说出第一部分 |
[21:52] | I hadn’t announced it because you don’t in the first 12 weeks because… | 我没宣布是因为 大家都不会在怀孕前十二周说出 |
[21:56] | …that’s when most of the things go wrong. | 因为那段时间 正是会出差错的时间 |
[22:00] | These bodies of yours, I don’t know how you live with them. | 你和体内这些孩子 我不晓得你们该如何共存 |
[22:03] | – They don’t seem to mind. – I like the outsides. | -他们似乎不在乎 -我喜欢外面的这一个 |
[22:10] | Hello, Andrea. Toby. | 哈��,安娣,托比 |
[22:12] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[22:14] | Honey, if you’re gonna get grossed out… | 亲爱的,如果你觉得恶心 |
[22:16] | …and faint, you should sit. – She’s kidding. | -或快昏倒,你就应该坐下 -她在开玩笑 |
[22:18] | – How’ve you been feeling? – I feel great. | -你觉得怎样? -我觉得很好 |
[22:22] | Feel like you’re getting enough calcium? | 觉得钙质有补足吗? |
[22:24] | – What does that feel like? – I don’t know either. | -不知道,那会有什么感觉吗? -我也不知道 |
[22:26] | It’s just something we ask. We don’t even care about the answer. | 我们只是问问 我们也不在乎答案 |
[22:30] | You should draft a release. | 你应该放轻松 |
[22:31] | Let that be my first act of fatherhood, drafting your release. | 让我尽尽第一次为人父的责任 让我帮你写新闻稿 |
[22:35] | Go back to my roots as we all must go. Now you’re on offense, not defense. | 回到我刚刚的主题,我们都要有动作 现在你要主动出击,不是防守 |
[22:38] | I’m not gonna be on offense or defense. | 我不是在攻击或防守 |
[22:41] | The things we do in our lives… | 我们的生命中很多的事 |
[22:42] | …many of them are not voluntary. – You don’t say. | -都不是自愿的 -真是看不出来 |
[22:45] | I think you’ve performed your first act of fatherhood already. | 我想你已经尽了 第一次为人父的责任了 |
[22:49] | Yes, indeed. So let my second act be throwing you a little press conference. | 是的,我第二个责任 将是举行一个小小的记者会 |
[22:54] | Sounds fine. I, myself, can’t make it, but you have a nice time, honey. | 听起来不错,我无法办到 但你就有时间是吗? |
[22:57] | Do I need to tell you the first rule of damage control? | 还要我告诉你 绯闻控制的第一条法则吗? |
[23:00] | No, but the next time you refer to this pregnancy as damage… | 不用,但你再把我的怀孕 跟绯闻控制扯在一起的话 |
[23:03] | Get the information out early, get it out yourself… | 较早释出相关资讯,自行发布 |
[23:06] | …do it on your own terms. – That’s three rules. | -以你自己的说词发布 -那是三项法则 |
[23:08] | Andy, look. I’m not kidding. You gotta… | 安娣,我不是开玩笑 你要 |
[23:14] | – What was that? – That was… | -那是什么? -那是 |
[23:16] | – Did you hear that? – Yeah, that was… | -你听到了吗? -是的,那是 |
[23:24] | Andy, you can see their… | 安娣,可以看到他们的 |
[23:28] | …heads. | 头 |
[23:33] | My kids have heads. | 我的孩子有头了 (巴特勒(民):9438042票 李奇(共): 7992713票) (怀尔德(民):31465票 韦伯(共): 31117票) |
[23:43] | My vote in Wisconsin is more valuable than your vote in the District… | 我在威斯康辛州的选票比 你在特区的选票更珍贵 |
[23:47] | …you’re getting big value. – How do you figure? | -你算赚到了 -你是怎么算的? |
[23:49] | The president’s gonna win the District, it’s certain. | 总统将赢得特区选票 这是无庸置疑的 |
[23:52] | But Wisconsin’s actually in play and I voted for your guy. | 但威斯康辛州确实很关键 而我投给你们的人 |
[23:56] | – How do I know that? – I’ve shown you the ballot, look. | -我怎么知道你是说真的? -我给你看过选票了,看着 |
[24:02] | – Well, that’s a photocopy. – Of course it’s a photocopy. | -这是影本 -当然这是影本 |
[24:05] | – The real one’s in Wisconsin. – Well, how do I know that? | -正本已在威斯康辛州 -我哪会知道? |
[24:09] | You don’t. This is an honor thing. It’s about honor and democracy. | 不需证明什么,这是攸关荣誉的事 这是荣誉与民主的体系 |
[24:13] | I’m gonna go vote now, so please stop talking to me. | 我现在要去投票了 请不要再跟我说话 |
[24:16] | Fine. | 可以 |
[24:18] | You think I’m trying to scam you? | 你以为我想骗你吗? |
[24:20] | I’ve been here two and a half hours trying to get one vote. | 我在这里已经两个半小时了 我只是想要回一票 |
[24:23] | You think this is how I make money? | 你以为我靠这个赚钱吗? |
[24:26] | Hey, you know what? No problem shouting in public, but I think… | 在公共场所大叫是没关系 不过我想 |
[24:30] | – Take off the Bartlet button? – Yeah. | -最好拿掉巴特勒的徽章吗? -是的 |
[24:33] | Josh told me you were still here. I was over at the place. | 乔西说你还卡在这里 我正好经过 |
[24:35] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:38] | – You wanna get a muffin? – Yeah, I’ll walk you. | -你想吃松饼吗? -好,我陪你 |
[24:41] | So, what’s going on? | 发生什么事了? |
[24:43] | It’s raining in Oregon. | 奥勒冈州正在下雨 |
[24:44] | Yeah. Yeah, Josh was talking about that before. | 是的,乔西之前说过 |
[24:47] | Apparently all his other problems are solved. | 显然地,如此一来 他其他的问题都解决了 |
[24:50] | If your guy’s gonna win big, you don’t want it to rain. | 你们若想大胜 就希望不要下雨 |
[24:52] | There’s less motivation anyway because of the blowout… | 因为风雨会减少去投票的动机 |
[24:56] | …and you have no idea how fast these things can become a race. | 你无法想像如此一来 变化会有多快 |
[25:00] | – What do you need? – A banana muffin, please. | -你们要什么? -一个香蕉松饼 |
[25:07] | I did something last week. | 上周我做了一件事 |
[25:10] | I went to see a guy named Will Bailey. | 我去见一位叫威尔贝利的人 |
[25:12] | He ran Horton Wilde’s campaign in Orange County… | 他替荷顿怀尔德在橘郡竞选 |
[25:15] | …and Wilde died a couple of weeks ago… | 而怀尔德几周前过世 |
[25:19] | …his widow wanted to know… | 他的遗孀想知道 |
[25:21] | …what Democrat would stand in for her husband, should he win. I said… | 民主党将会如何支援她的先生 万一他赢的话,我说 |
[25:24] | – You’re kidding. – You have to understand. | -你在说笑 -你要了解 |
[25:26] | This wasn’t something that cost me anything. | 我不需为此付出任何代价 |
[25:29] | They weren’t gonna announce unless Wilde won… | 除非怀尔德赢了 否则他们不会宣布的 |
[25:31] | …and that was never gonna happen in Orange County. | 他绝不可能在橘郡赢的 |
[25:34] | It’s like the Secretary of Agriculture saying: | 就像农业部长说的: |
[25:37] | “Sure I’m ready to assume the presidency… | “我当然准备负起总统的职责 |
[25:39] | …should the 18 who come before me die.” | 只要排在我前面的十八人全死了” |
[25:42] | – Why not? – So why not? | -有何不可? -那,有何不可? |
[25:45] | Because it’s a two-point race right now. | 因为现在变成两分拉距的竞赛 |
[25:48] | – This is very exciting. – No, it’s not. | -非常的刺激 -不,并不是 |
[25:52] | The prospect of going back on my word to a recent widow. | 我搞不好得对这位遗孀背信 |
[25:56] | So why go back on it? | 为什么? |
[25:57] | Because the alternative is taking 90 days off to go home… | 不然就得请假九十天回我老家 |
[26:01] | …Iose by 20 points to a Republican committee chair I hate… | 然后再输给某个让我痛恨的 共和党员二十个百分点 |
[26:06] | …and never be able to run for public office for real… | 而且此后再也无法真正的竞选公职 |
[26:09] | …which is something I wouldn’t mind doing one day. | 我不介意未来真的参选公职 |
[26:11] | Once 5:00 and 6:00 roll around. | 等五点和六点的结果宣布 |
[26:14] | That’s exactly what I’m thinking. | 那正是我所想的 |
[26:16] | Except? | 除了? |
[26:18] | – What? | -什么? -今天有个什么圣婴现象 |
[26:20] | …in Southern California today and… – No. | -发生在南加州和 -不 |
[26:22] | It’s supposed to start raining in a few hours. | 这几个小时之内应该会下雨 |
[26:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:28] | – Okay, I’m gonna go back to the office. – Okay. | -好,我要回办公室了 -好 |
[26:33] | – Why don’t you give me the button. – Yeah. | -你何不把徽章给我? -好 |
[26:39] | You’re cleared. You can come upstairs. | 检查完毕了 你们可以上楼了 |
[26:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[26:44] | There are chairs up there that are over 200 years old. | 那里的椅子 有些已经超过二百年了 |
[26:47] | Before you sit in one I wanna see written confirmation… | 在你坐下之前 我想先看陆军工程师发出的 |
[26:50] | …from the Army Corps of Engineers that it can support your girth. | 书面报告 确保该椅子能支撑你的重量 |
[26:54] | You stole a goat? I’m assuming this was a mascot? | 你偷了一头羊吗? 我想应该是个吉祥物吧? |
[26:57] | Yeah, that was sweet. I was just the legman. | 是的,很好玩 我只是个跑腿的 |
[27:01] | Anthony’s the brains. | 安东尼才是动脑筋的人 |
[27:02] | Yeah, it had that international jewel thief feel to it. | 对,国际珠宝窃贼也自鼓不如 |
[27:05] | What do you think we’re doing the rest of the day? | 你觉得我们这一天剩下的时间 该做些什么? |
[27:07] | – You know, video games, hanging out. – Really? | -玩电视游戏、出去逛逛 -真的吗? |
[27:10] | I’m voting at 8:30, you guys will come with me, watch me vote, then go home. | 我八点三十分要去投票 你们得跟着我,看我投票再回家 |
[27:15] | Man, what good is…? I mean, they’re not gonna let me vote. | 那有什么好? 我是指,他们不会让我投票 |
[27:18] | It’s like my face is pressed up to the window. | 大不了我只能把脸贴在窗户上看 |
[27:20] | That’s right, yet somehow, I don’t care. | 没错,但我不在乎 |
[27:22] | I’m old enough to vote. | 我到了可以投票的年龄了 |
[27:24] | – You’re 18? – I’m 19. | -你十八岁了吗? -我十九岁 |
[27:26] | They came to school to sign up people. | 他们有到学校去叫学生登记 |
[27:28] | – You’re registered to vote? – I think I might be, yeah. | -你有注册要投票吗? -我想也许会吧 |
[27:31] | – Where? – He doesn’t know where. | -在哪里? -他不知道在哪里 |
[27:33] | – I don’t know where. – Well, let’s find out. | -我不知道在哪里 -我们来找 |
[27:40] | – Good afternoon, Mr. President. – Good afternoon, sir. | -午安,总统先生 -午安,先生 |
[27:43] | Hello. Hi. | 哈��,嗨 |
[27:45] | – What’s going on? – Line one now is a DSS line. | -在搞什么呢? -现在一线是DSS线 |
[27:48] | It means Direct Station Select. Pick it up, you get me. | 就是指,直播呼叫的线路 拿起来,就有我在 |
[27:52] | What was wrong with the old way? | 旧系统有什么不好? |
[27:54] | – You done? – Yes, ma’am. | -你做好了吗? -是的,夫人 |
[27:56] | Thanks a lot. | 非常感谢 |
[28:00] | – I’m sorry, sir. – What was wrong with the old way? | -抱歉,先生 -旧系统有什么不好? |
[28:02] | – Well, this is better. – How? | -这种比较好 -怎么说? |
[28:04] | You don’t care, sir, it just is. | 你不用管,先生,就是比较好 |
[28:08] | I hear you’ve got rules for meetings. | 我听说你订了开会新规定 |
[28:11] | Yes, some. Yes, I do, sir. | 是的,有一些 |
[28:14] | You don’t think that’s apt to create resentment among people here before… | 你没想过,会招惹别人的不满 |
[28:18] | It’s not like the thing wasn’t working. | 这里也不是不能做事的地方 |
[28:21] | Whatever you assume, that wasn’t a rube sitting out there. | 不管你是怎么想的 以前管这地方的人也非草包 |
[28:24] | She ran the Oval Office for two years and a State House before that. | 她管理椭圆形办公室两年了 之前还管理过州办公室 |
[28:28] | Yes, sir. At any rate, line one gets you me. | 是,先生,无论如何 一线可以直接找到我 |
[28:32] | What if, instead of you, I want a dial tone? | 如果不找你 我想自己拨号呢? |
[28:34] | That’s line two, but you’re not gonna want one. | 那是二线 但你不会想要二线的 |
[28:37] | – Why? – I’m gonna place your outgoing calls. | -为什么? -我会帮你打电话 |
[28:39] | – You’ll place a lot of them… – No, sir, I need to place them all. | -你得打很多 -不,我得打所有电话 |
[28:42] | I can make my own phone call… | 我可以自己打电话 |
[28:44] | – Sir. – I can make my own phone call. | -先生 -我可以自己打电话 |
[28:46] | Yes, but soon you might not necessarily remember that you did. | 是的,不过你也许很快就忘了 打过什么电话 |
[28:50] | When I call, there’s a record. That’s how you’ll know. | 可是我打出去的电话都会有记录 你就会有记录 |
[28:53] | And then you won’t be worried about it. | 你就不必烦恼那些了 |
[28:56] | That’s good. That’s a good idea. | 很好,很好的设计 |
[28:59] | – Is there anything else? – No. | -还有事吗? -没有 |
[29:02] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[29:07] | You and I haven’t met. | 你和我之前并不认识 |
[29:09] | In my life, I never would’ve thought she was a rube. | 我发誓,我绝不可能会以为 她只是个草包 |
[29:13] | I’m sorry about that. | 我很抱歉 |
[29:17] | Debbie, I have to ask you: | 黛比,我必须问你: |
[29:20] | Are we talking about…? Did you bring it up because you…? | 我们曾谈过? 你会提及此事是因为你? |
[29:24] | – Is there something today you noticed? – No, sir. Do you feel all right? Should I…? | -你今天有注意到什么吗? -没有,你还好吗?我要不要? |
[29:28] | No, please. I was talking about something else. | 不用,我在说其他的事情 |
[29:31] | Line one is you? | 一线就是你吗? |
[29:32] | – Yes, sir. – Thanks. | -是的,先生 -谢谢 (巴特勒(民):39063986票 李奇(共):37365173票) (怀尔德(民):41364票 韦伯(共):41374票) |
[29:51] | Will, you have Sheryl Cryman… | 威尔,是雪儿开曼的电话 |
[29:53] | …that’s the County Clerk’s legal counsel, it’s blinking. | 她是克拉克郡的法律顾问 在闪的那一线 |
[29:58] | Sheryl, it’s Will Bailey, how you doing? | 雪儿,我是威尔贝利,你好吗? |
[30:01] | Fine, thank you. | 很好,谢谢你 |
[30:03] | There are scattered power outages in the Casa Verde precinct in Santa Ana. | 在圣塔安娜的卡萨凡得选区 有零星的电力问题 |
[30:07] | Streetlights are going off in the only legitimately Democratic precinct I’ve got. | 只有民主党的选区 有街灯熄灭的问题 |
[30:12] | So if I lose by 100 because people couldn’t cross the street… | 所以如果有人因为无法过街 害我失去一百张选票的话 |
[30:15] | …who in your office would I talk to about election tampering? | 你的办公室里有谁 能让我谈谈关于操纵选举的事? |
[30:18] | Thanks a lot, Sheryl. I appreciate it. | 非常感谢,雪儿,我很感激 |
[30:21] | Pull sound trucks from Laguna Hills, not enough foot traffic. | 从拉古那山坡把宣传车统统拖开 我们的选民根本没地方无法走路 |
[30:24] | – Put them in Anaheim. – Will. | -统统开到安那汉区去 -威尔 |
[30:26] | – When the hell’s it gonna rain? – Willy. | -什么时候才会下雨? -小威 |
[30:28] | Don’t call me that. | 不要这样叫我 |
[30:30] | The die’s been cast, big brother, you’re making everyone crazy. | 已成定局了,大哥 你让大家都快捉狂了 |
[30:33] | There’s a moment after you cast the die, before it hits the table. | 不到最后关头,还不知道呢 |
[30:37] | Breathe wrong, you’ll change the way it lands. Can I get a new weather report? | 只要风向一转,结果就不同了 能给我一份新的气象报告吗? (巴特勒(民):41182004票 李奇(共)::34091976票 (怀尔德(民):41382票 韦伯(共):41484票) |
[30:47] | There’s value here, there’s value, gotta appreciate the value. | 那是有价值的 必须认同那个价值 |
[30:50] | – A Ritchie vote in Wisconsin. – Let me ask you this. | -那是李奇在威斯康辛的票 -我问你 |
[30:53] | Bartlet’s supposed to be smart, right? He’s smart, we’re dumb, he knows best. | 巴特勒应该很聪明? 他聪明、我们笨,他比较行 |
[30:56] | So what does it say when his people don’t know how to fill out a ballot? | 如果他的支持者 不知道如何圈选票? |
[31:00] | Maybe he’s a little out of touch. | 也许他就是有点沟通不良 |
[31:02] | Is that what it says? | 事实不就是这样吗? |
[31:04] | Maybe even with the president’s supporters accidentally voting… | 也许,即使总统的支持者 意外投给 |
[31:07] | …for the wrong candidate you’re still gonna get creamed, fascist! | 错误的候选人还是会有好结果的 你这个万恶的法西斯! |
[31:10] | – This is an honor thing! – Excuse me. | -这是攸关荣誉的大事! -抱歉 |
[31:12] | Yes. Hi. | 是的,嗨 |
[31:14] | – Did somebody steal your purse? – Me? No. | -有人偷你的皮包吗? -我吗?没有 |
[31:17] | – Okay. – I’m on a mission. | -好的 -我有任务在身 |
[31:19] | I said I’d be 20 minutes. It’s been six hours and it’s starting to get cold. | 我说只要二十分钟 结果六小时了,也变冷了 |
[31:23] | Okay. You were shouting at no one. | 好,你这是在骂空气吗? |
[31:25] | – Little guy. Bow tie. – Long as you’re okay. | -是一个小家伙、打领结的 -那就好 |
[31:28] | Wait. Hang on. | 等等,等等 |
[31:31] | Do you mind if I ask you who you’re voting for? | 你介意我问:你投给谁吗? |
[31:35] | – I guess I do, yeah. – That’s fair, that’s perfectly fair. | -我猜我会介意 -很正确,完全正确 |
[31:38] | Let me ask you this instead: Are you voting for Ritchie or the president? | 我换另一种方式问: 你要投给李奇或总统? |
[31:42] | – I’m gonna go inside now, okay? – Lieutenant, I’m not a crazy person… | -我现在要进去投了,行吗? -上尉,我不是个疯子 |
[31:46] | …I’m not asking you for the bomb sequence on the USS Essex. | 我不是问你《艾塞克斯号》的 炸弹编号 |
[31:49] | – Be a man, tell me who you’re voting for. – Ritchie, and you demoted me a rank. | -当个男子汉,说出你投给谁 -李奇,你降了我一级 |
[31:54] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[31:57] | I’m seeing your shoulders now, Lieutenant Commander. | 我现在看到你的双肩了 少校先生 |
[32:00] | Reese. | 瑞斯 |
[32:02] | Reese is a nice name. Reese what? | 瑞斯是个好名字 瑞斯什么? |
[32:04] | Lieutenant Commander Reese. Jack Reese. | 瑞斯少校 杰克瑞斯 |
[32:06] | Can I talk to you? | 我能和你谈谈吗? |
[32:08] | You know, this is the first election I haven’t had to vote by absentee ballot. | 你知道,这是第一次 我不用远距投票 |
[32:13] | I really wanted to pull the lever. | 我真的很想去玩一玩 |
[32:15] | Absentee ballot, I know how you feel. I’m from Wisconsin. | 远距票,我知道你的感觉 我从威斯康辛来的 |
[32:18] | It’s my home, but here I am in Washington on Election Day. | 那是我的家乡,但大选日 我却在华盛顿 |
[32:21] | I’m usually on a Los Angeles-class sub in the South China Sea. | 我通常是在南中国海的 洛杉矶级攻击潜艇里 |
[32:24] | Don’t trump me. It’s not a battle. We’re in this together. | 别敌视我,这不是战争 我们是同一国的 |
[32:27] | No, we’re not. | 不,我们不是 |
[32:30] | I voted absentee in Wisconsin. | 我投了威斯康辛州的远距票 |
[32:32] | I voted for Ritchie. I meant to vote for the president. | 我投给了李奇 不过,我是要投给总统的 |
[32:35] | Now I think you should go in there and vote the other way to make it a wash. | 我想,你现在应该进去 投给另一边才能抵销我的票 |
[32:42] | – Yeah, okay. – Look… | -好,可以 -听着 |
[32:46] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[32:48] | Yeah, that sounds about right. | 是的,听起来是可以的 |
[32:53] | – I’m Donna. – Jack. | -我是唐娜 -杰克 |
[32:55] | – Commander. – Jack’s fine. | -少校 -杰克就好 |
[32:59] | So… | 所以 |
[33:01] | …why aren’t you on a sub right now? | 你现在为何不在潜水艇里了? |
[33:03] | I haven’t been for a little while. | 我离开那里一段时间了 |
[33:05] | – What’s your billet? – It used to be Regional Director for… | -你现在在哪里高就? -之前在东南亚联合指挥官 |
[33:09] | …the office of Joint Chiefs of Southeast Asia, but I got transferred. | 办公室,但我又调职了 |
[33:12] | Nancy McNally’s office. She’s the National Security Advisor. | 现在到南西麦纳利的办公室 她是国安局的顾问 |
[33:16] | – You’re working at the White House? – Yeah. | -你调到白宫上班? -是的 |
[33:19] | Listen… | 听着 |
[33:21] | …I gotta go vote, okay? – Yeah, sure. | -我要去投票了,行吗? -是的,当然可以 |
[33:24] | Listen, I’ve got a photocopy of my absentee ballot… | 听着,我有我远距票的影印本 |
[33:27] | …if you wanna verify that I… – No, no. | -如果你要确认我 -不,不 |
[33:29] | It’s an honor thing, right? | 这是攸关荣誉的事,是吧? |
[33:33] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:35] | Okay. | 好的 (巴特勒(民):43994784 李奇(共):35475855) |
[33:55] | Now there are late exits showing even… | (怀尔德(民):43007票 韦伯(共):43210票) 现在晚出来的出口民调 显示 |
[33:57] | …with white male suburbans in New York, Chicago and Philadelphia. | 连纽约、芝加哥和费城等 住在郊区的白种男性 |
[34:01] | There’s huge labor turnout, we’re only losing Florida by seven. Seven. | 有大量的劳动选民 我们在佛州只输七、七点 |
[34:06] | Toby, I think it’s gonna be bigger than we thought. | 托比,我想这比我们预测更好 |
[34:09] | I stare at this and I stare at this… | 我看着这个、我看着那个 |
[34:12] | …and I don’t know which is the boy and which is the girl. | 我不知道哪一个是男孩? 哪一个是女孩? |
[34:16] | I suppose that problem will take care of itself. | 我想这个问题会自行解决 |
[34:19] | You know, if you, if you stare at them for a while… | 如果你多看他们一会儿 |
[34:22] | …well, it’s pretty gross, but still… – I’m concerned you’ve turned… | -还很恶心的,不过 -我关切你变成 |
[34:25] | …completely into another person… – Hey. | -一个完全不同的人 -嘿 |
[34:28] | I see one victory balloon before this thing is called and… | 我可是知道 什么叫胜利汽球的 |
[34:33] | Yeah, you better run. | 对,你尽管逃吧 |
[34:37] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[34:43] | – You read the stuff? – Yeah. | -你看过这些了? -是的 |
[34:45] | – It wasn’t long. – Yeah. | -不长 -是的 |
[34:48] | I was impartial, right? I gave you the best and worst of each. | 我很不偏不倚吧? 我给你写一些好的和一些弱的 |
[34:51] | Hey, Mr. Young… | 嘿,杨先生 |
[34:53] | …I’m not being disrespectful or nothing, but I’m just trying to concentrate. | 不是我不敬 我只是想设法专心 |
[34:58] | Listen, this is easy. You can do it no problem… | 听着,这很容易 你能轻松的完成 |
[35:01] | …but if you need to, you can ask for help, you’re allowed. | 但如果你有需要 你可以求援,这是可以的 |
[35:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:06] | Hey, listen, why does a guy who’s heading off to the Big Ten… | 一个要前进十大名校的男孩 |
[35:10] | …care about playing St. Erasmus Academy on Saturday? | 为何在乎星期六在 圣伊拉斯墨学院的比赛? |
[35:13] | You’re gonna be playing Michigan and Penn State. | 你将会参加 密西根州和宾州的比赛 |
[35:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:17] | It’s what I do on Saturdays. | 那是我平常在星期六做的事 |
[35:20] | Hey, you know what? I know I’m not the sharpest tool in the box or nothing… | 知道吗?我知道 我不是最聪明的角色 |
[35:24] | …but try rushing the quarterback, you know what I’m saying? | 不过若想撂倒我的四分卫 你知道我在说什么吧? |
[35:27] | You’re not gonna get there, you’re not gonna touch him. | 你别想跑到那里去 你别想碰到他 |
[35:32] | You’re up. | 轮你上了 |
[35:41] | He’s a good guy, you know. He does his business. | 他是个好家伙,你知道 他是尽忠职守型的 |
[35:43] | He just doesn’t like looking like a fool. | 他看起来不像个傻子 |
[35:47] | – How long did you hang onto the goat? – Three days. | -你跟那头羊耗几天了? -三天 |
[35:51] | – Three days. – Yeah. | -三天 -是的 |
[35:55] | What’d you feed him? | 你喂他吃什么? |
[35:57] | – Cheetos. – Okay. | -芝多司 -好 |
[36:02] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[36:03] | Hey, Anthony, I voted. | 嘿,安东尼,我投票了 |
[36:06] | All right. | 很好 |
[36:09] | – I’m going again. – No, no, no, no, no. | -我还要投 -不、不、不、不 |
[36:12] | – Will! – Come on. | -威尔! -下雨吧 |
[36:16] | Come inside and have something to eat with us. | 进来跟我们一起吃点东西 |
[36:19] | Come on. | 下雨吧 |
[36:22] | – Will. – Now! | -威尔 -下! |
[36:28] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[36:32] | Wow. What else can you do? | 哇,你还能做什么? |
[36:35] | I didn’t know I could do that! | 我不知道我有这种力量! |
[36:43] | – It’s on. You can see it. – Hey. | -开始了,自己看 -嘿 |
[36:45] | I’m not spitting, I’m not turning around. | 我没吐,我没转圈 |
[36:47] | Union households are beating non-union. | 工会家庭领先敌军 |
[36:49] | – C.J. Can you pick up three? – Yeah. | -茜洁,你能接三线吗? -可以 |
[36:52] | This is C.J. Thanks. | 我是茜洁,谢谢 |
[36:54] | – What was that? – You’ll see in a minute. | -什么? -一分钟后就会看见 |
[36:56] | Nine o’clock. | 九点钟 |
[37:08] | Good evening, Mr. President. | 晚安,总统先生 |
[37:10] | I feel like I should be self-deprecating. | 我觉得我应该谦卑一点 |
[37:13] | I mean, it’s not inauguration, I can be funny, right? | 我是指,这不是就职典礼 我可以幽默点吧? |
[37:16] | I don’t think so. It’s the wrong note. If I’m thanking campaign staff, maybe. | 我不认为如此,错了 要谢谢竞选人员才搞幽默 |
[37:22] | – What are you doing? – We’ve got some news. | -你们在做什么? -我们有消息 |
[37:29] | What? | 什么? |
[37:33] | What? | 什么? |
[37:36] | You’re gonna win New Hampshire. | 你就要拿下新罕布夏了 |
[37:59] | With seventy of the precincts reporting, CBS is ready to declare Delaware… | 有了七十个投开票所的总计 CBS准备要宣布德拉瓦 |
[38:04] | … with its three electoral votes for President Bartlet. | 有三张选举人票 属于巴特勒总统 |
[38:08] | Closing an hour ago, NBC is putting Maryland in the President’s column. | 一小时前,NBC已将 马里兰放进总统这一方 |
[38:11] | With 22 percent of the vote tallied in Maine… | 缅因州有百分之二十二 的人工计票 |
[38:14] | Polls are closed in West Virginia… | 西维吉尼亚州的投开票结束 |
[38:16] | The polls closing in Massachusetts and Pennsylvania… | 麻州和宾州的投开票即将结束 (巴特勒(民):53766221票 李奇(共):42992342票) (怀尔德(民):53622票 韦伯(共):53710票) |
[38:43] | Halfway around the world in Bosnia, in Chechnya, in Rwanda… | 全世界一半以上的人民 如波士尼亚,车臣,卢安达 |
[38:48] | …they dream of the promise we fulfilled today. | 都梦想我们今天完成的理念 |
[38:51] | Of a future we choose, for ourselves, together. | 我们团结一起为自己选择的未来 |
[38:56] | Sam, what’s going on? | 山姆,发生什么事? |
[38:58] | They’re not calling it. | 他们没有打来了 |
[39:01] | With 8 percent of the precincts reporting, remains too close to call. | 百分之八的投开票所的报告 结果仍然非常接近 |
[39:05] | My goodness, if you lived to be 100, did you think… | 天啊,就算你能活到一百岁 |
[39:07] | …you’d ever see anything like this? – I did not. | -你能预见到这样的结果吗? -我没有 |
[39:10] | Four years ago, we were joined by our highest ideals, by our best hopes… | 四年前,我们为了崇高理想 为了希望而团结 |
[39:16] | …and tonight we’re joined by that same commitment. | 今晚我们以相同的承诺 团结在一起 |
[39:19] | To open new doors of opportunity and justice. | 我们要打开 机会与公平正义的新大门 |
[39:31] | To ensure that the promise of this country is the birthright of all the people. | 我们保证这个国家将会保障 所有人的基本人权 |
[39:40] | We’ve achieved so much together… | 我们团结在一起完成许多大事 |
[39:42] | …always believing, always knowing that America could be made new again. | 我们永远相信,永远知道 美国将再一次重新出发 |
[39:48] | And so it was, and so it will be again. | 诚如过去的成就、诚如未来的成就 |
[39:52] | God bless you all. | 愿上帝保佑大家 |
[39:54] | God bless the United States of America. | 愿上帝保佑美国 |
[40:20] | We’re gonna skip the parties for a while and head back to the office. | 我们要略过庆祝派对 回到办公室 |
[40:24] | There are nine House races too close to call. Tell him about California. | 九个议员选区的票太接近 跟他说加州的事 |
[40:28] | – In the California 47th… – In the 47th… You don’t tell it well. | -加州的第四十七选区 -在第四十七选区你没说好 |
[40:32] | In the 47th, Horton Wilde, who’s dead, is losing by 88 votes. | 在第四十七,过世的荷顿怀尔德 目前却只输八十八票 |
[40:37] | – It was a perfect storm. – It was. | -真是完美的风雨 -是的 |
[40:38] | Low Republican turnout because the president won the Midwest. | 低共和党党员投票率 因为总统赢了中西部 |
[40:41] | Low supporter turnout because Webb had no opponent… | 低支持者投票率 因为韦伯没有对手 |
[40:44] | …and the DNC gave up on it a week ago, so the RNC left town… | 民主党团一星期前就放弃这地方 共和党团也走了 |
[40:48] | …and they never saw the exits your guy, Will Bailey, was seeing. | 他们没预见真正的出口民调 你们的人,威尔贝利,他看到了 |
[40:52] | Plus there was an actual storm. I tell it fine. | 再加上一场真正的风雨 我说得很好 |
[40:55] | We’re gonna be up all night with these. It’s gonna be fun. | 还没完哪,我们今天要彻夜不眠 会很有趣的 |
[40:58] | We should go. | 我们该走了 |
[41:37] | – That was wonderful. – That was fun. | -你说得真是太棒了 -真有趣 |
[41:40] | – How are you feeling? – I feel great. | -你觉得如何? -感觉很好 |
[41:42] | – You want a glass of water? – No, I’m fine. | -想喝水吗? -不,我很好 |
[41:44] | You seem a little dry. | 你看起来有点渴 |
[41:46] | – Sure you don’t want a glass of water? – Yeah. | -确定你不需要喝水吗? -是的 |
[41:48] | Maybe I should get you a glass of water just in case… | 也许我应该给你一杯水 |
[41:51] | …you can hold it in your hand. | 如果你可以拿在手上的话 |
[41:59] | How’d you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[42:01] | You were off the prompter. | 你没照提词卡的内容说 |
[42:05] | Just for a minute at the end. I couldn’t see it. | 只是最后的一下子 我看不清 |
[42:07] | It’s all right. | 没关系的 |
[42:13] | There are gonna be more days like this. | 以后还有更多天会是这样子 |
[42:15] | It starts now. | 现在开始了 |
[42:18] | It’s gonna be harder this time. | 这一次将会更加困难 |
[42:20] | Yeah, I know. | 是,我知道 |
[42:23] | We can still have tonight, though, right? | 不过,我们仍然拥有今夜 不是吗? |
[42:29] | You got lots of nights. | 你还有很多个夜晚 |
[42:32] | Smart people who love you are gonna have your back. | 那些深爱你的聪明人 会让你重出江湖的 |
[42:39] | All right. | 好的 |
[42:42] | Excuse me. You wanna take another curtain call? | 抱歉,你们想再谢一次幕吗? |
[42:47] | Sure. | 当然 |