时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:08] | Andy’s pregnant. It’s twins and, of course, I’m the father. | 安娣怀孕了,是双胞胎 当然,我是父亲 |
[00:12] | You know I’m gonna get sued. | 你知道我会被起诉 |
[00:13] | – I work for Senator Hoynes. – Yeah. | -我替何尼斯参议员工作 -是的 |
[00:16] | I wonder if I’d listened to you two years ago, would I be president right now? | 如果两年前我听了你的话 现在我会是总统吗? |
[00:21] | – You did it for the widow? – And for a guy named Will Bailey… | -你为那位遗孀而去? -和一个威尔贝利的家伙 |
[00:24] | …who ran the campaign and worked his ass off. | 他负责竞选活动,拼得要死 |
[00:26] | You might be asked tomorrow… | 明天你也许会被问到 |
[00:28] | …if you’re endorsing me. – Am I? | -你是否替我背书? -我有吗? |
[00:31] | Toby, is the president endorsing Sam? | 托比,总统有替山姆背书吗? |
[00:33] | We think you should run. | 我们认为你应该去竞选 |
[00:34] | – What do you think? – I think you should win. | -你觉得如何? -我认为,你应该赢 剧名:瑞士外交 |
[00:40] | How do you interpret the margin of victory? | 你如何解释胜选的边际效应? |
[00:43] | The votes have been counted and the people have spoken… | 票已经算完了而人民也发声了 |
[00:46] | …and it’s clear that their will is for me to do and have anything I want. | 很清楚地,他们愿意我当 而且认同我要做的事 |
[00:49] | Mr. President, Arnold White, Associated Press… | 总统先生,美联社阿诺怀特问 |
[00:52] | …what’s the first legislative priority? | 什么是首要的立法目标? |
[00:54] | – There’s a new guy from AP? – Yeah, what’s your priority? | -美联社有新人吗? -对,首要项目是什么? |
[00:57] | The president of Turkmenistan just officially extended the date… | 土库曼的总统刚刚正式将 |
[01:00] | …of adolescence to 25. So things like that. | 法定年龄提高至二十五岁 就是这样 |
[01:03] | I think he also renamed the month of January after himself. | 我想他也正式把“一月” 改成他的名字 |
[01:06] | That’s greedy. Real power is knowing when to leave something on the table. | 太虚荣了,真正的权力是懂得 在桌上留下一些东西 |
[01:10] | – Sir, what legislative…? – Patients’ Bill of Rights, drugs… | -先生,什么立法? -病人的权利法案、处方药 |
[01:14] | …keeping the economy growing, find a surplus again… | 让经济持续成长 让贸易再出现顺差 |
[01:17] | …keep the surplus growing, use the surplus to build schools… | 让顺差继续成长 再用来盖学校 |
[01:20] | …worthy of defending the military that Fitz and Hutchinson are gonna build… | 好让费兹和杭奇森打造 军事防御系统 |
[01:24] | …to fight urban wars, then pay the teachers. | 对抗都市战争 然后是付薪水给教师 |
[01:26] | I asked for a legislative priority, you gave me nine. | 我问一个首要立法目标 你却给了我九个 |
[01:29] | It’s a big country, Arnold. Debbie, where the hell are you? And where are my…? | 这是个大国家,阿诺 黛比,你上哪儿去了?我的? |
[01:33] | You left your glasses in the mansion… | 你把眼镜留在官邸 |
[01:37] | …and the lpswich clams in Chesapeake Bay can hear you bellowing right now. | 奇沙皮克湾海里的伊普威蛤蜊 都能听到你的怒吼 |
[01:40] | Ipswich clams don’t come from Chesapeake Bay. | 伊普威蛤蜊可不是 从奇沙皮克湾来的 |
[01:43] | They come from lpswich. | 他们是从伊普威来的 |
[01:44] | – Not anymore. – Have her beheaded for my birthday. | -再也不是了 -我生日时,献上她的人头 |
[01:47] | They’ll ask you how you feel about housing starts going down. | 他们会问你房地产开始走下坡 你有何评论 |
[01:50] | I don’t care as long as I’m keeping this one. | 只要我拥有这一栋房子 我就不在乎 |
[01:52] | – GDP growth is strong. – You bet your ass it is… | -国内生产毛额大幅成长 -这是当然的 |
[01:55] | …which, by the way, I can pad anytime I want now. | 我现在想怎么报就怎么报 |
[01:58] | The voters have spoken. Lowest inflation in 20 years. | 选民已经发出声音了,现在是 二十年来通货膨胀率最低的时候 |
[02:01] | Housing starts are cyclical, which is the thing. What do you got? | 房地产营建数是循环性的 你手中还有什么? |
[02:04] | – Flooding in Missouri. – FEMA’s on the ground? | -密苏里州淹水了 -紧急救灾小组去了吗? |
[02:07] | – Yeah. – All right. | -去了 -很好 |
[02:08] | I’ve got the Swiss ambassador in my office. I don’t know why. | 瑞士大使在我办公室 我不知道有什么事 |
[02:11] | You and I enjoy your funny jokes, but Idaho, not so much. | 你和我都很欣赏你的玩笑 但爱达荷州可不是 |
[02:14] | – Take it easy in there? – I know my people. | -放轻松进去好吗? -我了解我的同乡 |
[02:17] | Sometimes it’s hard to believe I’m one of them. Good luck. | 很难相信我是他们的一分子 祝你好运 |
[02:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[02:31] | – Ambassador Von Rutte. – Okay. | -冯路特大使 -是 |
[02:35] | – Thank you for seeing me. – What’s going on? | -谢谢你接见我 -有什么事吗? |
[02:38] | A communication from Tehran. You understand our mission’s the only one. | 从德黑兰传来的讯息 你知道我们只有一种任务 |
[02:42] | The president appreciates it. | 总统很感激 |
[02:46] | The ayatollah’s son has a congenital heart condition… | 什叶派领袖的儿子患有 先天性心脏病 |
[02:50] | …Eisenmenger’s Syndrome. | 艾森缅格氏症 |
[02:52] | His best chance is a simultaneous heart and lung transplant. | 最有效的治疗 就是同时做心肺移植 |
[02:56] | – They asked Japan? – Procedures differ, they want yours. | -他们问过日本吗? -程序不同,他们希望用你们的 |
[02:59] | – What’s wrong with Japan’s? – Well, I don’t know how to… No one… | -日本的又怎样? -我不知如何没有人 |
[03:05] | – It hasn’t been successful? – No. | -没有成功过吗? -没有 |
[03:08] | Okay, then ours is better. Anybody else do this? | 我们的技术较先进 还有其他人做这种手术吗? |
[03:11] | – Just the U.S. and Japan. – No, Japan doesn’t do it yet. | -只有美国和日本 -不,日本还未做成 |
[03:14] | Coming close doesn’t matter on this, it’s not the Gemini missions. | 成功率最重要 不过,这不是双子星任务 |
[03:19] | I’m gonna talk to the president, but if it means bumping an American off… | 我会跟总统讨论,不过 如果这代表得杀死一个美国人 |
[03:23] | Iran has a donor. | 伊朗有一位捐赠者 |
[03:26] | – A donor or a dissenter? – This is from Doctors Without Borders. | -捐赠者或异议者? -是从无国界医师组织取得的 |
[03:30] | It wasn’t from the ayatollah? | 不是什叶派领袖给的? |
[03:32] | They were approached by the ayatollah’s brother-in-law. | 是由领袖的姐夫来交涉的 |
[03:35] | This is coming through you, through an NGO, through the brother-in-law. | 这件事透过你、透过非政府组织 透过姐夫交涉 |
[03:41] | Guy will put his son’s life in the infidels’ hands, but he’ll keep his distance? | 他将儿子的性命交给异教徒 但却保持距离? |
[03:45] | The hard-liners control the Majlis. | 强硬派控制该国国会 |
[03:47] | Things are difficult for him with the Shehab missile tests. | 由于喜贺飞弹测试 事情变得更困难 |
[03:50] | He cannot have a problem with his right flank. | 他的“右翼”不能有任何问题 |
[03:53] | Yeah, much better we should have a problem with ours. | 对,最好是自己的问题 有办法自行解决 |
[03:59] | – I’ll talk to him. – The president? | -我会跟他谈的 -总统吗? |
[04:02] | Don ‘t get me wrong, Mark, I think January’s a good month. | 别误会,马克 我认为一月是不错的月份 |
[04:05] | Yeah, the president, generalissimo, whatever he comes back as. | 是的,总统,最高统帅 不管他回来变成什么称呼 主演:罗伯洛 主演:施塔科钱宁 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[05:01] | – Messages. – Goodwin at AP. | -给我讯息 -美联社的古德温 |
[05:03] | – What else? – Judy Vanderbass… | -还有? -茱蒂��德包斯 |
[05:05] | …wife of our ambassador to Vietnam, you’ve been to her house. | 我们越南大使的夫人 你去她家吃过饭 |
[05:08] | Yeah, I’m sure I ate a springer spaniel. Why is AP on my phone sheet? | 我确信我吃了一只小猎犬 为何美联社在我的通讯录上? |
[05:12] | Triplehorn told him you’re the reason there’s no deal on prescription drugs. | 崔普宏告诉他你是让处方药物 无法交易的元凶 |
[05:16] | – I’m the reason? -“With Lyman negotiating…” Yeah. | -我是元凶吗? -“由于赖曼的协商”是的 |
[05:20] | – I feel ill-will toward the minority leader. – I’ve had it up to here with the Welsh. | -这少数党领袖真恶心 -我是受够华尔许那些人了 |
[05:24] | I’m not kidding. He was campaigning with us a half-hour ago. | 我不是开玩笑 他不久前还与我们一起办活动 |
[05:28] | School’s back. Go see him. | 开学了,去见他 |
[05:29] | Let’s call that Plan A. Plan B is you see him. | 我们称此为A计划 B计划是你去见他 |
[05:32] | – Karen Kroft. – And National Parks screw me up again. | -凯伦克洛芙 -国家公园处,又搞砸了 |
[05:34] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[05:39] | I’m gonna head to the leader’s office. Get me the first free minute he has. | 我要去领导人的办公室 要他一有空就见我 |
[05:43] | And Judy Vanderbass? | 茱蒂��德包斯呢? |
[05:45] | Let’s do this. Find out what her problem is… | 这样好了,找出她的问题 |
[05:47] | …solve it, and then do something else. | 解决掉,然后再做别的事 |
[05:50] | – You’re the reason there are term limits. – Yeah? You’re the reason… | -任期制的元凶是你 -是吗?而你则是 |
[05:56] | Nothing. Nothing’s happening. Nothing’s there. | 没有,没什么 真的没有 制片:尼尔海恩二世 |
[06:18] | – You seem fine. – I am. | -你看起来很好 -我是的 |
[06:20] | – You really seem fine. – I really am. | -真的很好 -我真的很好 |
[06:22] | Good. | 很好 |
[06:25] | The view from the canvas, it’s educational, you know. | 从选票的立场来看,在于教育 |
[06:29] | Yeah, I’ve had extensive education. | 是的,我受过高等教育 |
[06:34] | What was the final margin? | 制片:保罗瑞福 最后的边际效应是多少? 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[06:38] | One hundred and twenty-seven votes. | 一百二十七票 |
[06:40] | – A hundred and twenty-seven. – That’s about 12 lawn signs. | -一百二十七票 -大约十二块竞选标示牌 |
[06:44] | – Wasn’t your last election also…? – Eighty-two votes. | -你上次的选举不是也? -八十二票 |
[06:48] | The president says all you need is one, the rest is for ego. | 总统说你只需要最重要的一票 其他的都是为了自尊 |
[06:55] | – How many did the president win by? – About three and a half million. | -总统赢了多少? -大概三百五十万 |
[06:58] | – Yeah. – He’s got a pretty healthy ego, though. | -是的 -他有很强大的自尊 |
[07:01] | I don’t know, maybe the job wasn’t for me. | 我不知道,也许那工作不适合我 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[07:04] | I like land. I like dirt. I like things that live on land and dirt. | 我喜欢土地,我喜欢泥土 我喜欢大地之上的万物 |
[07:10] | I like hotels. I like a good concierge. | 编剧:艾莉亚提、凯文佛尔斯 我喜欢饭店 我喜欢一个好的管理员 |
[07:14] | Could you be a little more sympathetic? I’m a loser. | 你能多让着我一点吗? 我输掉了 |
[07:17] | Not a big one. | 不是惨败 |
[07:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:22] | The president thinks there’s a place for you. | 总统替你想了个去处 |
[07:24] | That’s nice of you guys. It really is. | 导演:克里斯多福米夏诺 你们人真好,真的 |
[07:29] | But I was thinking about… | 但我在想 |
[07:31] | I was thinking about maybe trying for a job with the National Park Service. | 我在想,也许我到 国家公园管理处找工作比较好 |
[07:36] | – We were thinking the same thing. – A job with the National Park Service? | -跟我们想的一样 -国家公园管理处吗? |
[07:41] | As what? | 什么职位? |
[07:43] | The director of the National Park Service. | 国家公园管理处处长 |
[07:45] | – Are you kidding me? – No. | -你在开我玩笑吗? -不是 |
[07:48] | – You’re not kidding? – No. | -不是在开我玩笑? -不是 |
[07:52] | – Is this just because…? – Do you want it? | -这只是因为 -你想要吗? |
[07:55] | Yes. | 想 |
[07:56] | Yes. | 想 |
[07:58] | Then get yourself a big hat, and Leo’s gonna call you in a couple hours. | 那就去找顶大草帽 里奥过几个小时候就会联络你 |
[08:07] | Susan, Karnow and Duffy are the first three for tea. | 苏珊,卡诺,达非 是前三位参与茶会的人 |
[08:10] | – All’s well that ends well. – Karen Kroft. National Parks chairman. | -一切都很好,结束也很好 -凯伦克洛芙,国家公园管理处处长 |
[08:14] | – Nice. – She’s very happy. | -很好 -她很高兴 |
[08:15] | Andy’s about to get sued for election fraud. | 安娣快因选举诈欺被起诉了 |
[08:18] | – Andy was trying to get sued for fraud. – Really? | -安娣就想因诈欺被起诉 -真的吗? |
[08:20] | Yeah. She’s a pistol. | 是,她是个激进派 |
[08:27] | Everyone, please take your seats. | 请大家坐下 |
[08:30] | Susan, Karnow and Duffy are the first three for tea… | 苏珊,卡诺,达非 是前三位参与茶会的人 |
[08:33] | …with the president at 3 p.m. in the Map Room. Susan, Karnow and Duffy. | 三点在地图室和总统会面 苏珊、卡诺和达非 |
[08:37] | Next week it’s Mark, Leslie and Eric. | 下星期则是马克、莱斯利 以及艾瑞克 |
[08:40] | – Who’s running Sam’s campaign? – Sam’s putting his team together. | -谁负责山姆的竞选? -山姆有自己的团队 |
[08:43] | I’m referring those questions to the campaign’s press office. John, Katie. | 我把问题交给竞选办公室 约翰,凯蒂 |
[08:47] | Will the president attend…? | 总统会参加? (橘郡市政大楼) |
[08:51] | Mr. Seaborn, how does it feel to have the nomination? | 希朋先生 被提名的感觉如何? |
[08:54] | There is no nomination, there is a primary… | 不是提名,是初选 |
[08:57] | …and if someone gets 50 percent of the vote, there is no general. | 如果某人赢得百分之五十的票 就不需再选了 |
[09:00] | There are no other Democrats running. They’re endorsing you. | 没有其他的民主党员愿竞选 他们都替你背书 |
[09:03] | – Wouldn’t you say you’re the nominee? – I suppose. | -这样还不能说你是被提名人吗? -也许是 |
[09:06] | – Have you staffed the key positions yet? – I’m gonna let Will Bailey answer. | -你安排重要助选人员了吗? -我让威尔贝利回答 |
[09:10] | Campaign manager is Scott Holcomb. Finance director is Betsy Wadkins. | 竞选总干事是史考特贺康 财务长是贝茜韦金斯 |
[09:14] | Communications director is Mark Stearns. | 媒体主任是马克史登斯 |
[09:16] | Excuse me for a second. Can I talk to you? | 耽误一分钟 我能跟你谈谈吗? |
[09:18] | Political director is Tom Baker. | 策略主任是汤姆贝克 |
[09:20] | The volunteer coordinator is Paula Montgomery. | 义工协调人是宝拉蒙哥马利 |
[09:22] | – Over here, please. – Thank you. | -请过来这里 -谢谢你 |
[09:34] | – Hi. | – Hi. -嗨 -嗨 |
[09:36] | Scott’s campaign manager? What’s your title? | 史考特是竞选总干事吗? 你的头衔是什么? |
[09:38] | – Citizen Bailey. – I’m not kidding. | -市民贝利 -我不是在开玩笑 |
[09:40] | – I’m the chancellor of Germany. – Will… | -我是德国总理 -威尔 |
[09:42] | – What the hell’s going on? – Your team’s in the field. | -搞什么吗? -你的团队已经成立 |
[09:45] | – What are you talking about? – Yeah, Will. | -你在说什么? -对,威尔 |
[09:47] | You and I had this conversation for two hours. What are you doing? | 你跟我昨天讨论两个小时了 你还在做什么? |
[09:50] | – I don’t think you should go. – You made that clear. | -我不认为你应该走 -你已经表示过了 |
[09:53] | – I’m doing this now. – Listen, there are too many chiefs here. | -我还要说 -这里有太多头头了 |
[09:57] | – I’ll get rid of some. – No, you want them. | -我会弄掉一些 -不,你需要他们 |
[09:59] | Scott Holcomb and Betsy, these guys are the best. | 史考特贺康和贝茜 他们是最杰出的 |
[10:02] | We just went from 435 House races to one. You get the all-star team. | 我们从435席到1席 你现在有的是明星团队 |
[10:06] | He doesn’t want the best, he wants you. | 他不要最优秀的,他要你 |
[10:08] | Yes, but the Republicans are starting their starters, so you gotta match up. | 但共和党已开始他们的竞选活动 你要迎头赶上 |
[10:12] | We match up fine. You got me into this. | 我们没问题的 是你把我拖进来的 |
[10:15] | Well, you got you into this… | 你把自己拖进来的 |
[10:17] | …but I owe you the best chance to win. I owe that to Mr. Wilde. | 但我欠你一个赢的最佳机会 我欠怀尔德先生 |
[10:20] | Tell him that’s ridiculous. | 告诉他这太荒谬了 |
[10:22] | I took the race to show the DNC that no district should be ignored. | 我的参与只是要向民主党党团表示 不该忽略任何一个选区 |
[10:27] | – What are you gonna do? – I’ll stick around for a week and help… | -你打算怎么做? -我会留在这里帮忙一星期 |
[10:30] | …and then I’m gonna take a vacation. | 然后去渡假 |
[10:33] | – Where? – I don’t know. France, Italy, Wales. | -哪里? -法国、意大利、威尔斯 |
[10:36] | Maybe EPCOT. | 也许去迪斯耐乐园的未来世界 |
[10:39] | All right. | 很好 |
[10:40] | I’ve gotta head to Washington. I’ll see you day after tomorrow. | 我要回华盛顿,后天见 |
[10:43] | – Have a good flight. – Thank you. | -祝你一路顺风 -谢谢 |
[10:45] | – Have a good flight, Sam. – Thank you. | -祝你一路顺风,山姆 -谢谢你 |
[10:47] | – EPCOT? – I was kidding. | -未来世界? -我是开玩笑的 |
[10:49] | – I didn’t know. – Yeah. | -可真好笑 -是的 |
[10:59] | – Sir? – Yeah. It’s called penmanship, Watson. | -先生? -这叫做书法,小助手 |
[11:03] | Something your generation wouldn’t know about because of the computers. | 因为电脑化的时代 你们这一代不懂这些 |
[11:08] | – How many of these things am I doing? – Sixty. | -我要做多少个? -六十 |
[11:10] | – How many have I done? – Three. | -我已经做几个? -三个 |
[11:12] | – Three? – Yeah, this is what I’m talking about. | -三个? -是,这就是我想说的 |
[11:14] | – Your system’s slowing me down. – I don’t have a system. | -你的系统让我慢下来 -我没有系统 |
[11:17] | – You’re kidding? – You ready? | -你在开玩笑吗? -准备好了吗? |
[11:20] | Hey, can’t we have color codings and stickers, priority lists? | 我们不能弄颜色编码 标签、优先名单吗? |
[11:24] | – Can I get a little bureaucracy going? – What are you doing? | -不能用一点官僚体系的方式吗? -你在做什么? |
[11:27] | I’m doing basically what the president does. | 我在做总统基本上该做的事 |
[11:29] | Ask people for things and then thank them for things. | 向人民要点东西,然后道谢 |
[11:33] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[11:35] | Take the calls to the mansion. I’ll meet you there after this. | 把这些电话拿到官邸 结束后我再跟你碰面 |
[11:43] | We had a couple of cats when the kids were kids… | 我们的孩子还小时 我们养了几只猫 |
[11:45] | …named Mr. Finch and Mrs. Wilburforce or something, I can’t remember. | 叫芬奇先生和韦伯佛斯太太吧? 我不太记得了 |
[11:49] | You know, I’ve never really liked human names for animals. | 我不喜欢把动物取人的名字 |
[11:52] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗? -是的 |
[11:54] | Okay. Well, I can’t believe my kids didn’t think… | 我不相信,我的小孩没想过 |
[11:56] | …to ask you what to name the cats. | 要向你请教如何为猫取名字 |
[11:58] | But they used to bring mice into the house and show them to me. | 不过,他们曾带老鼠回来给我看 |
[12:01] | This is how I’m starting to feel about the Swiss. | 这就是我现在对瑞士的感觉 |
[12:04] | Yeah. | 哦 |
[12:05] | – Morning. – Good morning, Mr. President. | -早安 -早安,总统先生 |
[12:08] | Tell me about the boy. | 告诉我那个男孩的事 |
[12:09] | He and a guardian have crossed into Kandahar. A UN plane is on the ground. | 他和一位监护人越境进入坎达哈 一架联合国飞机已在待命 |
[12:13] | It’s gonna leave at 11:45 Zulu if you say okay. | 如果你允许 飞机将在十一点四十五分离开 |
[12:17] | – Eleven forty-five? – Yes, sir. | -十一点四十五分吗? -是的,先生 |
[12:18] | – That’s 11 minutes from now. – Yes, sir. | -就是十一分钟之后 -是的 |
[12:21] | This meeting’s premature. | 这个会议太早了 |
[12:22] | – We should wait 10 minutes. – Yes, sir. | -我们应该再等十分钟才开始 -是,先生 |
[12:25] | This meeting doesn’t go in the Sit Room anymore, okay? | 这类会议不在战情室举行了吗? |
[12:28] | I don’t know why it’s here. This isn’t a military operation. | 我不知道为何在这里 这又不是军事行动 |
[12:31] | – It’s a secure room. – My office is a secure room too, isn’t it? | -这是有安检措施的房间 -我的办公室也有安检,不是吗? |
[12:35] | Please, somebody tell me it is, or I gotta go pack some stuff. | 请给我一个解释 不然我要去打包走人了 |
[12:38] | – You see my point? – What about the organs? | -你明白我的意思? -器官在哪里? |
[12:41] | – The organs are in Zurich. – I’m sorry, that sounded funny to me. | -器官在苏黎士 -抱歉,听起来很奇怪 |
[12:46] | I’m the kid in bio who laughed all the time. | 我像小淘气,常爱笑 |
[12:49] | – Then on to Paris on Swiss Air. – Coach? | -然后以瑞士航空送去巴黎 -经济舱吗? |
[12:52] | – I don’t… – Then New York? | -我不 -然后纽约? |
[12:54] | – Yes, sir. – The heart and lungs get here first. | -是的 -心脏和肺会先抵达此地 |
[12:56] | They can last about 40 hours, the flight from Tehran’s 15. | 能维持四十个小时 班机从德黑兰来要十五小时 |
[13:00] | What’s left is to line up a doctor and get the funding. | 剩下就是联络医生 和筹措医疗经费 |
[13:03] | – Go around the room. – If it leaks, you got clerics. | -在这房间筹就好 -泄露了,你就可以去找牧师了 |
[13:05] | It sends a message to the reformists. | 这给社会改革主义者 发出一个讯息 |
[13:07] | At a time when they’re breaking 70 percent in local elections. | 就在他们赢得 百分之七十的地方选举之时 |
[13:11] | If you’re looking for ways to temper support to the Shiites, I don’t… | 如果你想适度支持什叶派 我可不 |
[13:14] | – A benevolent power must… – This isn’t the time. | -仁慈的力量必须 -现在不是说这些的时候 |
[13:17] | Don’t forget the Shehab program and the transport corridors along the Silk Route. | 别忘了喜贺飞弹测试 以及沿着丝路的运输管道 |
[13:22] | How old is he? | 他几岁? |
[13:24] | – I’m sorry? – How old is he? | -抱歉? -他几岁? |
[13:26] | – Fifteen. | – Fifteen. -十五岁 -十五岁 |
[13:28] | The Shiites, Manny… | 什叶派教徒 |
[13:30] | …that’s what you want me to take back to my thoracic surgeon wife? | 你希望我将此案带回去给我 那胸腔外科医师的太太吗? |
[13:35] | Get this boy in preop. | 帮这男孩子做好手术前准备 |
[13:37] | Tell the Swiss to stop standing in the door with a mouse in their mouth. | 叫瑞士别把老鼠含在嘴里 呆站在门口了 |
[13:41] | – If they’re coming in, come in. – You won’t regret it, sir. It won’t leak. | -如果他们想要进来,就进来 -你不会后悔的,不会泄露的 |
[13:46] | No, because we’re in a secure room, except for the ayatollah’s staff… | 因为我们是在一个有安检的房间 只不过什叶派领袖的部属 |
[13:49] | …a Swiss Air pilot and 400 other people. | 一位瑞士航空的机长 和四百位乘客是无法控制的 |
[13:52] | – Laney, is this gonna leak? – Well… | -南尼,会泄露吗? -嗯 |
[13:54] | I feel better already. | 我已经觉得比较安心了 |
[13:58] | Mr. Finch and Mrs. Wilburforce. There’s nothing wrong with my memory. | 芬奇先生和韦伯佛斯太太 我的记忆没问题 |
[14:03] | Though those are stupid names. There’s something wrong with my kids. | 不过这些名字有点蠢 我的小孩可能有点问题 |
[14:24] | Come on, Josh. | 来吧,乔西 |
[14:30] | The Senate’s out of session… | 参议院正在休会 |
[14:32] | …you ought to think about putting a Ping-Pong table out here. | 你应该想办法 放一张乒乓球桌在这里 |
[14:35] | – I don’t think that would be a good idea. – Quick rounds between motions… | -我不认为这是个好主意 -动议当中快速对决 |
[14:38] | – Now just because the Senate’s not… – I’m kidding. | -只因为参议院不是 -我是开玩笑的 |
[14:41] | – You’d be surprised what people think. – Read the AP wire. | -别人的想法会让你很惊讶 -读读美联社的电报 |
[14:44] | – You know what that’s about. – Yeah, you’re running for president. | -你知道这是在说什么 -知道,你在竞选总统 |
[14:47] | We hold elections in this country, not coronations. | 我们国家是举行选举 不是加冕典礼 |
[14:50] | – I’m not saying any different. – Then why is every…? I must’ve… | -我没说有何不同 -为什么每一个?我一定得 |
[14:54] | I’ve talked to two dozen of your precinct captains in lowa and New Hampshire. | 我在爱荷华和新罕布夏 跟你两打以上的选区总干事谈过 |
[14:58] | – Nearly every one of them’s locked up. – They’re locked… | -几乎每个人都被锁定了 -他们被锁定 |
[15:02] | You’re recruiting precinct captains 48 months before the next election? | 离下次选举还有四十八个月 你就在招募选区总干事? |
[15:06] | John Hoynes is using the White House to lock up the Democratic primaries. | 约翰何尼斯利用白宫 锁定民主党的党内初选 |
[15:09] | If you’re saying there’s a nomination fight… | 如果你指的是提名之争 |
[15:12] | Hoynes doesn’t inherit this. | 何尼斯可没这种继承权 |
[15:14] | I’m not gonna see the party dragged to the middle. | 我不会眼看着党被操纵的 |
[15:17] | Nothing’s being dragged anywhere. You were with us just days ago. | 没什么会被操纵 几天前你还跟我们站在一起的 |
[15:21] | – This is about the future of the party. – Yeah, how about we enjoy the present? | -这是关于党的未来 -我们现在不能先放松一下吗? |
[15:25] | You agree with Hoynes on guns? On trade? On school choice? | 你会同意何尼斯的枪枝? 贸易?学校选择这些议题? |
[15:29] | Look, Hoynes is… Did I fall asleep for three and a half years? | 何尼斯是 我这三年半都睡着了吗? |
[15:33] | You think a minority leader’s irrelevant? | 你认为少数党领袖无关紧要吗? |
[15:35] | You think I can’t affect the president’s agenda? | 你认为我无法影响总统的主张? |
[15:37] | – I know you can. – I’d like you to be for me, Josh. | -我知道你行的 -我希望你帮我做,乔西 |
[15:42] | Not because you’re good at what you do, because of your beliefs. | 不只是你的聪明才智 是因为你的信念 |
[15:46] | Okay, I’m not for anyone. I barely unpacked from the last campaign. | 我不帮任何人 我才刚刚从上一场竞选活动解套 |
[15:50] | Well, Hoynes is gonna have to release those precinct captains or we’re… | 何尼斯得释出那些选区总干事 否则 |
[15:58] | It keeps getting earlier, doesn’t it? | 太早了,不是吗? |
[16:01] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:04] | And they’re asking for you in the HHS meeting, and the 5: 15’s new. | 人类卫生部在找你 五点十五分是新的会 |
[16:08] | – The CEA? – Ways to fight a possible recession. | -经济顾问会议? -对抗经济衰退的方法 |
[16:13] | – What did we say? -“Don’t say ‘recession’ in this building.” | -我们怎么说的? -“别在这里提到经济衰退” |
[16:16] | – You just did it again! – What do I call the meeting? | -你又说了! -那我怎么称呼这个会议? |
[16:19] | The robust economy meeting. | 振兴经济会议 |
[16:24] | – Josh is patching it up with Triplehorn. – Good. | -乔西正和崔普宏正在过招 -很好 |
[16:27] | – And Karen Kroft wants National Parks. – She can’t have it. | -凯伦克洛芙想进国家公园 -她不行 |
[16:31] | – What are you talking about? – She can’t. | -你在说什么? -不行 |
[16:33] | – We talked about it. – The president signed the Parks Bill. | -我们讨论过的 -总统签了公园法案 |
[16:36] | – The job just became Senate-confirmable. – Yeah, that was for next fiscal year. | -这个职务变成要参议院同意任命 -对,从下个会计年度开始 |
[16:40] | It turns out it’s retroactive. I just saw the final language. Thanks. | 这法案变成有追溯力 我刚刚才看到最后的文字 |
[16:45] | – Whose idea…? How did we miss this? – There are 90 amendments in the bill. | -谁的主意?怎么会漏掉? -这法案有九十项修正案 |
[16:50] | – Maybe we put her up anyway. – No. | -也许我们就让她上任 -不行 |
[16:53] | – We asked her to do it. – She led the charge for a higher gas tax. | -是我们请她去做的 -她带领提高汽油税 |
[16:56] | – We asked her to do it. – The Senate isn’t gonna understand. | -我们请她做的 -我了解,但议员不会了解的 |
[16:59] | Plus, the minority leader is already pissed at us. | 此外,少数党领袖 对我们已经很火大了 |
[17:05] | Okay, thanks. | 好吧,谢谢 |
[17:09] | Ginger. Don’t. | 金洁,不 |
[17:13] | I need a list of sub-cabinet vacancies that aren’t Senate-confirmable. | 我需要非议员同意任命的 官员职缺名单 |
[17:18] | – Mine’s not. – A little less sub-cabinet than that one. | -我的就是 -比你的再低一点点 |
[17:23] | You wanna crash a space probe into Neptune, that’s fine with me. | 你想让太空船坠毁在海王星 我无所谓 |
[17:27] | I think we’ve crashed into most of the other planets, but 2.5 billion, okay? | 我们坠毁在大部分的星球上 不过二十五亿,是吧? |
[17:32] | – Yes, sir. – If we fail, I wanna do it on budget. | -是的 -如果失败了,我要动在预算上 |
[17:34] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[17:40] | More thank-you notes? | 要再多点感谢卡吗? |
[17:41] | Why don’t you tell Debbie we’re gonna do some calls. | 何不告诉黛比 我们要打几通电话 |
[17:44] | – Calls? – Yes, calls. | -电话? -是的,电话 |
[17:46] | Calls. Mr. Sarcasm with your dry”calls.” | 说得这么酸 |
[17:51] | I was this close to renaming one of the oceans after you, but no way. | 我差点就要把一片海洋 改成你的名字,但别想了 |
[17:55] | Maybe, maybe, one of the species of fish. Like trout. Trout is now Charlie. | 也许用一种鱼吧 像鳟鱼,鳟鱼现在改称查理 |
[18:01] | Went to the lake, pulled out a Charlie for dinner. | 去湖里捉一尾查理来当晚餐 |
[18:04] | Look at the size of that Charlie you’ve got on your wall. | 看看你挂在墙上 那尾查理的大小 |
[18:07] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,先生 |
[18:09] | – What do you got? – Yeah, we’ve got a situation. | -你有什么事? -有状况发生 |
[18:12] | – Yeah? – Reuters has the ayatollah’s son… | -是吗? -路透社报导什叶派领袖的儿子 |
[18:15] | …just left Afghanistan on a C-130. Is he coming here for a heart transplant? | 刚乘坐C130离开阿富汗 他来这里做心脏移植吗? |
[18:19] | – Heart and lung. – I’m assuming we knew about this. | -心脏和肺脏 -我猜我们是知道这件事的 |
[18:22] | – Knew about it? We did it. – The ayatollah’s issued a statement. | -知道什么?是我们做的 -什叶派领袖发表了一份声明 |
[18:26] | – What kind? – Bitterly denouncing it, sir. | -哪种? -恶毒的否认,先生 |
[18:30] | “Our nation can take care of its own. | “我们国家能自行处理 |
[18:32] | Interference from the West is an affront to Islam.” | 西方的干预 是对回教徒的侮辱” |
[18:58] | What’s the room saying? | 大家怎么说? |
[18:59] | They think we’re hiding Leo’s meeting with the Swiss. | 他们认为我们在隐瞒 里奥和瑞士的会议 |
[19:03] | – So you know, the press coffee… – Can’t do it now. | -你知道的,媒体咖啡 -现在不能办了 |
[19:06] | Yes. You’re right. | 是的,你说的对 |
[19:08] | – I need you to step out just a moment. – Sure. Thank you. | -请你先出去一会儿 -当然可以,谢谢你 |
[19:11] | – We’re not gonna not do it. – I’m with you. | -我们不能不做 -我同意你 |
[19:21] | Hi. Before you say anything, here’s my idea. | 嗨,在你开口之前 先听我的点子 |
[19:24] | The kid needs lungs and a heart. Let’s use the ayatollah’s. | 这小孩需要肺和心 我们就用什叶派领袖的 |
[19:28] | – What are you smiling at? – I’m sorry, it’s… I’m sorry, sir. | -你在笑什么? -抱歉,抱歉,先生 |
[19:32] | It’s the little note Margaret just passed me. | 这张小纸是玛格丽特传给我的 |
[19:37] | “The Iranians, they’ve taken to the streets.” Perfect. | “伊朗人已经走上街头” 很好 |
[19:41] | – That goes to the Margaret Museum. – Please don’t forget all politics are local. | -放入玛格丽特博物馆 -不要忘了政治是因地制宜的 |
[19:45] | – Bite me. – He’s gotta say something to… | -管我 -他将会说 |
[19:47] | He’s got to say something to his hard-liners. | 他会向他的强硬派分子 发表演说 |
[19:50] | He didn’t wanna try”My son is dying, and these guys maybe can fix him. | 他不会说“我儿子快死了 这些家伙也许能救他一命 |
[19:54] | And maybe if our citizens didn’t spend so much energy denouncing infidels… | 如果我们的民众 不要花太多精力攻击异教徒 |
[19:59] | …they’d have time to build a damn medical school!” | 我们就有时间盖所医学院” |
[20:03] | The Swiss talked to the NGO, who talked to the brother-in-law… | 瑞士和非政府组织谈 他们再和那位姐夫谈 |
[20:06] | …who speaks for the ayatollah. | 他代表什叶教主发言 |
[20:08] | Just tell me that they weren’t using cellular technology… | 那告诉我 他们还不想用大哥大科技 |
[20:11] | …because I don’t care what anybody says, it doesn’t work yet. | 是因为“我不在乎别人说什么” 不管用的 |
[20:15] | Think about linking it to the missile tests. | 想想,把这件事连结到飞弹测试 |
[20:19] | – What do you mean? | -你是什么意思? -经由瑞士发一封公报 |
[20:22] | The ayatollah’s gotta honor Bahrain. Stop all tests of the Shehab-3. | 什叶派领袖需尊重巴林公报 立刻停止所有喜贺3号飞弹测试 |
[20:27] | He’s gonna say no. | 他会说不行的 |
[20:29] | That’s when you tell him you’re gonna turn the plane around. | 那你就请他的飞机 调头飞回去 |
[20:32] | – No. – I said, you threaten… | -不 -我是指,你威胁 |
[20:33] | No. Come on. That’s a 15-year-old non-combatant on his way to a hospital. | 不,这个十五岁的小斗士 正往医院的旅途上 |
[20:38] | Pretend that plane’s got a big red cross on it. | 你就假装那架飞机 有个大大的红十字 |
[20:41] | – They perfect medium-range missiles. – I understand. | -他们改良中型的飞弹 -我了解 |
[20:43] | – What’s that do for hearts and lungs? | -那与心肺有何关连? -发出公报 |
[20:46] | There’s a Bahrain agreement that says… Send it. Don’t even come close. | 柏林公报有指出 发出去叫他们停测试,想都不要想 |
[20:51] | I don’t even want a scent of linkage to… A big damn red cross right on that plane. | 可是我根本不想扯到 那架飞机上有个又大又红的十字 |
[21:19] | Thanks for your help. I’ll let you know. | 谢谢帮忙,我会通知你的 |
[21:23] | – I got this problem to put in perspective. – What’s the problem? | -我遇到麻烦,有碍前程 -什么麻烦? |
[21:27] | Triplehorn thinks I’m a secret operative for Hoynes. | 崔普宏认为 我是何尼斯的秘密特务 |
[21:30] | – Are you? – I don’t believe I am. | -你是吗? -我不相信我是 |
[21:32] | – This ought to help. – What? | -这应该算好消息 -什么? |
[21:34] | – Vanderbass didn’t invite you to dinner. – Thank merciful God. | -��德包斯没邀你吃晚餐 -谢谢仁慈的上帝 |
[21:37] | Turns out Trish Rackley, | wife of your prot間�… 反而是崔喜瑞克利 你保护人的夫人 |
[21:40] | …she had a problem on the CODEL to Southeast Asia. | 她在前往东南亚的 国会代表团有麻烦了 |
[21:43] | The rice? | 吃饭的问题吗? |
[21:45] | No, really, the whole continent loves the stereotype. | 不,事实上,那片土地上的人 都热爱传统生活 |
[21:48] | – They eat a lot of rice, Donna. – Mrs. Rackley borrowed $ 1500… | -他们得吃很多饭,唐娜 -瑞克利夫人借了一千五百元 |
[21:51] | …from Judy Vanderbass to buy a teak bed for 2000, which is a good price. | 向茱蒂��德包斯借的 买张两千元的柚木床,很值得 |
[21:56] | – And? – Mrs. Rackley’s check bounced. | -然后呢? -瑞克利太太被退票了 |
[21:59] | – Making it a great price. – The Rackleys are stiffing her, Josh. | -那就更值得了 -瑞克利对她态度很糟,乔西 |
[22:03] | – What do you mean,”Josh”? – You put him on the delegation. | -你说“乔西”什么意思? -是你派遣他的 |
[22:06] | I told State to look after him. I didn’t want him in trouble. | 我有跟国会说要关照他 我不希望他惹上麻烦 |
[22:10] | Phil Rackley’s office won’t return her calls. | 菲尔瑞克利办公室 不回她的电话 |
[22:12] | Well, see if they’ll return yours. | 看他们会不会回你的电话 |
[22:21] | – Toby, Triplehorn’s on fire. – He needs to build a case against… | -托比,崔普宏正在气头上 -他要成立一个案子反对 |
[22:26] | Hoynes is lining up precinct captains in lowa and New Hampshire. | 何尼斯与爱荷华 和新罕布夏的区干事挂勾 |
[22:30] | This is 10 minutes after the polls close in California. | 这事件会发生在 加州投票结束后的十分钟? |
[22:33] | And Winnick just called. It’s probably the same thing. | 温尼克刚刚也打来 大概指向同一件事 |
[22:36] | Half the Senate’s gonna run. If it looks like we’re giving Hoynes… | 半数的议员都要参选 如果我们看起来像要让何尼斯 |
[22:39] | Yeah. You gotta back him off. | 是的,你要让他住手 |
[22:43] | Okay, devil’s advocate. | 好,魔鬼代言人 |
[22:46] | – Isn’t Hoynes entitled? – Yeah, but not yet. | -何尼斯不是有资格吗? -是,但还没有开始 |
[22:49] | It’s just we got him on the ticket by convincing him it wasn’t his turn. | 我们只是给他入场券 但说服他说:还没轮到他 |
[22:52] | We kept him out, because it wasn’t his turn, and now… | 我们把他排除在外 因为还没轮到他,而现在 |
[22:55] | There aren’t any turns. | 根本没有轮流这回事了 |
[23:17] | So these two people rob a Starbucks near Seattle. | 有两人抢了西雅图附近的 星巴克咖啡 |
[23:21] | Half an hour they serve coffee to make more money. | 半小时他们去卖咖啡 再多赚一点钱 |
[23:24] | – Know when they make their getaway? – When business slows down. | -知道他们何时溜出去打劫的吗? -生意清淡的时候 |
[23:28] | Beat that? | 够荒唐了吧? |
[23:29] | – When’s Josh meeting with Hoynes? – Soon. | -乔西何时与何尼斯会面? -很快 |
[23:32] | What do you need? | 你需要什么? |
[23:35] | Alternate federal co-chair of the Appalachian Regional Commission. | 换为联邦阿帕拉契区委副主席 |
[23:38] | – What about it? – It’s Senate-confirmable. | -那是什么? -需要议院同意任命的 |
[23:40] | – Really? – So is commissioner of Hopi Relocation. | -是吗? -印第安族安居局长也是 |
[23:44] | Let me tell you something about this job, you need a deep bench. | 告诉你这个工作 需要一个资深的 |
[23:52] | Inspector general of the Railroad Retirement Board… | 铁路退休局首席督察 |
[23:54] | …director of the Institute of Museum Studies… | 博物馆研究所所长 |
[23:57] | – My job’s not. – Ginger beat you to that joke. | -我的工作不用 -金洁那个笑话打败你了 |
[24:00] | – Karen lost her seat because of us. – What do you want me to do? | -我们让凯伦丢了席次 -你们要我怎么做? |
[24:03] | Get used to the fact that we won in a landslide. We can fight on this. | 我们赢得压倒性的胜利 我们可以去争取 |
[24:07] | Ernest went down for the gun ban, Janice for taxes… | 厄尼斯特因枪枝禁令倒下 珍妮丝为了税 |
[24:10] | This is different. We asked her to introduce the bill. | 这不同,我们请她推出法案 |
[24:13] | She knew that. It’s called a trial balloon. | 她早知道那叫做试验汽球 |
[24:15] | Yeah, but it’s also called a recorded vote. | 是的,但这也是记名投票 |
[24:18] | She did that kind of thing for us. She was our gal on the back bench. | 她为我们做这种事 她是我们这边的人 |
[24:23] | She poured lighter fluid on the Republican leadership. | 她打击了共和党的领导核心 |
[24:26] | They’re not gonna confirm her. They’re gonna make us look bad doing it. | 他们不会同意她的任命案 他们会让我们很难看的 |
[24:30] | And we still got half a new cabinet to confirm. | 我们还有一半新政府阁员 需要被同意任用 |
[24:34] | – They’re starting. – Thanks. | -他们开始了 -谢谢 |
[24:43] | The Hopi Relocation guy? | 印第安族安居局的人? |
[24:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:55] | Laney says the plane’s still six hours out. | 南尼说飞机再六小时到 |
[24:58] | With a headwind that could buy us another hour. The problem is… | 因为逆风飞行 大概可多出一小时,问题是 |
[25:01] | – We don’t have a doctor. – What are you talking about? | -我们没有医生 -你说什么? |
[25:04] | There are only three who can do this. | 只有三位医生能操刀 |
[25:06] | Jorrey’s in the middle of a heart valve replacement, Weingarten… | 乔瑞正在做心脏瓣膜置换手术 韦加顿 |
[25:09] | – Where’s he? – Rappelling the north face of K2. | -他在哪里? -在世界第二高峰的北面登山 |
[25:13] | – Rappelling up or rappelling down? – It’s in Pakistan. What does it matter? | -往上爬或下山? -在巴基斯坦,有何关系? |
[25:17] | – It’s not in Pakistan, you only think it is. – Okay. | -不在巴基斯坦,你只是以为那样 -好吧 |
[25:19] | If I need a life-saving procedure, make sure… | 若我面临生死存亡的时刻 请务必确定 |
[25:22] | …the surgeon’s suffering from massive oxygen deprivation. | 外科医生能屏息亲临 |
[25:25] | – Who’s the third? – Dr. Ehsan Mohebi at Smith-Lansing. | -谁是第三个? -伊桑莫哈比医生 |
[25:28] | – Oh, don’t tell me. – Yeah. | -哦,不会吧 -是的 |
[25:30] | He fled Iran in ’80 after fundamentalists tortured and killed his father. | 八零年代他父亲遭什叶教虐杀后 就逃离伊朗 |
[25:34] | The one guy who could save his son, and he tortured his father. | 只有一个人能救他儿子 而他却虐杀人家的父亲 |
[25:37] | – That’s just bad staff work. Charlie! – Are we sure about Japan? | -这工作不好接,查理! -日本真的不行吗? |
[25:40] | One of these days they’re gonna find the fairway. | 他们总有一天会摸索到方向的 |
[25:43] | Would you pull the first lady out of whatever she’s in right now. | 请你立刻找出第一夫人 无论她现在在哪里 |
[25:46] | – She’s with the Women’s Caucus. – Put on a helmet and get in there. | -她在开女性干部会议 -戴着安全帽进去把她拉出来 |
[25:50] | Make sure Mohebi’s sitting by a phone. | 确定莫哈比等在电话旁边 |
[25:52] | He takes an elevator, we know the number. | 让他搭电梯,我们知道他的号码 |
[25:54] | – That’s it. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -就这样 -谢谢你,总统先生 |
[26:03] | The National Committee’s got a list of conventions… | 全国委员会有一张大会名单 |
[26:06] | …where we asked the vice president to take our slot. | 也就是我们有请副总统 去参与的那些,给我好吗? |
[26:09] | And the DPC sent me this list of his budget roll-outs… | 而他们那边给我 这份他的预算 |
[26:13] | …and it’s for last year. I need all four. | 是最后一年的 我需要所有四年的 |
[26:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:20] | – What? – The deadbeat Rackleys. | -什么? -瑞克利这个无赖 |
[26:22] | – I can’t… – Come on! | -我不能 -不要这样! |
[26:23] | You called them deadbeats. | 你叫他们无赖 |
[26:25] | – For the sake of humor. – Good one, Gracie. | -纯粹为了幽默 -很好,幽默大师 |
[26:27] | – Who hasn’t bounced a check? – Me. | -谁没被退票过? -我 |
[26:29] | Yes, Mr. I-Balance-My-Checkbook-Every- Month-and-Don’t-Ever-Bounce-Checks. | 是,本人的支票每个月都付清 从没被退票 |
[26:34] | Everything you just said was a good thing and by saying it like Ethel Mertz… | 你说的每件事都很好、很合理 |
[26:38] | Do you know what a congressman makes? | 你知道一个议员赚多少? |
[26:40] | A buck and a half, 161,200 for the leadership. | 一块半 十六万多全是领导费 |
[26:43] | To maintain two residences, fly your kids back and forth… | 要维持两栋住宅 还要往返接送小孩的飞机票 |
[26:47] | I know you like to hit with me, but go sit in the back of class… | 我知道你喜欢跟我斗 但请想清楚 |
[26:50] | …because you just suggested that making only 150,000 a year… | 因为你的意思是 年薪十五万的穷人 |
[26:53] | …was reasonable justification for committing a felony… | 犯罪才说得过去 |
[26:56] | …which is what it is, Lulu. | 就是如此,露露 |
[26:59] | – What the hell is Lulu? – It’s To Sir With Love. | -露露是什么? -《吾爱吾师》里面的 |
[27:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:04] | – I just need the lists. – I have the lists. | -我只是需要名单 -我有名单 |
[27:07] | That’s why I’m asking you for them. | 所以我才找你 |
[27:08] | – Do you want them? – Yes. | -你现在要吗? -是的 |
[27:10] | – We’re talking about the lists? – And you have them, and I want them. | -我们是在谈名单吗? -而你手上有,而我想要 |
[27:13] | – Yes, ma’am. – Hey, Terry. | -是的,夫人 -嘿,泰瑞 |
[27:15] | – Bobby, sir. – Yeah. | -我叫巴比 -好 |
[27:18] | You pulled me out of the Women’s Caucus. | 你把我从女性干部会议拉出来 |
[27:21] | No need to thank me. | 不需要感谢我 |
[27:24] | Whatever happened to Mrs. Wilburforce? | 韦伯佛斯太太发生什么事? |
[27:27] | She moved to Miami and took up massage. | 她搬去迈阿密学按摩 |
[27:30] | – Really? – Last I heard. | -是吗? -据我所知 |
[27:31] | – What the hell are you talking about? – You asked me. | -你在说什么? -是你问我的 |
[27:34] | – Wasn’t Mrs. Wilburforce our cat? – She was our housekeeper. | -韦伯佛斯太太不是我们养的猫吗? -她是我们的管家 |
[27:38] | Really? | 是吗? |
[27:40] | All right, Eisenmenger’s Syndrome. | 好的,艾森缅格氏症 |
[27:44] | It’s a cyanotic heart condition. | 这是慢性心脏缺氧的情况 |
[27:46] | There’s something called ventricular septal defect… | 有一种叫心室隔膜缺损的病症 |
[27:49] | The ayatollah’s son has it. | 什叶派领袖的儿子得这种病 |
[27:51] | Am I dreaming, or are you talking to me about foreign policy? | 我在作梦吗? 你真的在跟我谈外交? |
[27:56] | Worried the sky’s gonna fall? | 担心天会掉下来? |
[27:57] | No, but I’m concerned about spousal abuse. | 不,我比较担心配偶虐待的问题 |
[28:00] | What’s the problem? There’s a problem with State…? | 有什么问题吗? 我们有麻烦了吗? |
[28:03] | – The only doctor available won’t do it. – He’s Jewish? | -唯一能开刀的医生不肯 -他是犹太人吗? |
[28:06] | – Persian. – He doesn’t have a choice. | -波斯人 -他没有选择的余地 |
[28:08] | – Abbey… – He doesn’t. | -艾比 -他没有 |
[28:10] | Doctors aren’t instruments of state and aren’t allowed to choose patients. | 医生不是国家的工具 他们也不允许选择病人 |
[28:14] | – I can’t order him to do it. – Yes, you can. | -我不能命令他开刀 -是的,你能 |
[28:16] | Through the power vested in me by you? | 是你授与我的权力吗? |
[28:19] | Samuel Mudd set Booth’s leg after he shot Lincoln. | 布斯射杀林肯后 山缪穆德还医治他的脚 |
[28:22] | Doctors are liable if they don’t treat the patient. | 如果医生不医治病人 他们就有责任 |
[28:25] | This is why we don’t talk about foreign policy… | 这就是我们不谈政策的原因 |
[28:28] | …which we do, and you don’t think we do it enough. | 你认为我们做得不够多 |
[28:31] | – Why? – Because Samuel Mudd… | -为什么? -因为山缪穆德 |
[28:33] | …was tried and convicted of treason for that. | 就是因为那样被判叛国罪 |
[28:36] | – So? – What”so”? | -所以呢? -什么“所以”? |
[28:38] | So that’s the way it goes, you set the leg. | 所以就这样,去医脚吧 |
[28:42] | – The patient right in front of them? – Yes. | -让病人就摆在他们眼前吗? -是的 |
[28:48] | All right, go back to the sewing thing. | 好的,你可以回去缝衣服了 |
[28:52] | It’s the Women’s… | 那是女性的 |
[28:56] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[28:59] | I couldn’t tell you the last time I took a week away. | 我都不晓得 上次休假一星期是何时了 |
[29:01] | – You ought to take a vacation yourself. – Yeah, I don’t get Hawaii. | -你自己也应该休假 -对,我没去过夏威夷 |
[29:05] | Great weather, great beaches, universal health care. | 很棒的天气、美丽的海滩 原始的健康保养疗程 |
[29:07] | I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. | 我还在苦等机会 |
[29:10] | You remember Neil Spencer, the rep from Honolulu who helped on the ag bill? | 你记得协助农业辅助法案的 檀香山代表尼尔史宾塞吗? |
[29:14] | Spent all his time tanning on the Capitol balcony. | 整天在国会阳台上做日光浴 |
[29:17] | – If he went home without a tan… – They’d know he’d gone Washington. | -如果他回家却没晒黑 -他们就知道他人在华盛顿 |
[29:20] | – We gotta talk politics. – I’d like to. | -我们要谈一谈政治 -我很乐意 |
[29:26] | I’m glad we had that little talk on Air Force Two. From time to time… | 很高兴我们偶尔 能在空军二号闲聊一会儿 |
[29:31] | We need you to stop shopping for precinct captains. | 有时候,我们会希望 你不要再搜刮选区干事了 |
[29:34] | – Excuse me? – We’re days after an election. | -说什么? -才选后几天而已 |
[29:37] | – It’s too early… – Is that what this is about? | -现在太早了 -就这样吗? |
[29:39] | Triplehorn alone can tie us in knots. | 光是崔普宏一个人 就让我们难以招架了 |
[29:42] | Good for Triplehorn. I’ve got an obligation to myself. | 去他的崔普宏 我对自己有义务 |
[29:45] | You’ve got a constitutional obligation. | 你有被宪法所赋予的义务 |
[29:47] | Last time I checked, my constitutional obligation was to have a pulse. | 我查过,我宪法上的的义务 就是要有脉搏在跳 |
[29:53] | We need these two years. | 我们需要这两年 |
[29:56] | – It’s our last chance to govern, John. – Mr. Vice President. | -这是我们最后的执政机会 -副总统先生 |
[30:03] | – There are gonna be lots of ways… – No zealot like a convert, Josh. | -有许多方法 -最狂热的不若皈依者,乔西 |
[30:13] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思? |
[30:18] | It means you’d have been great at Leo’s job. | 意思是指你来做里奥的工作 会做得很好 |
[30:23] | Half this town’s gonna be running. | 这个镇上一半以上的人 将会逃之夭夭 |
[30:28] | I do the president’s politics. He can’t govern if I’m seen as… | 我执行总统的政策 如果我被视为他就无法执政 |
[30:32] | Being for me? | 被视为帮我做事? |
[30:36] | I don’t think there’s much risk of that. | 我不认为有这么高的风险 |
[30:46] | You were wrong. I never went to Hawaii. | 你错了,我从没去过夏威夷 |
[30:51] | – What? – We skipped Hawaii. | -什么? -我们略过夏威夷 |
[30:54] | We went rafting on the Flathead River instead. | 我们只是去佛瑞斯海得河泛舟 |
[31:07] | Don’t touch that. | 不要碰那个 |
[31:10] | Or that. | 或那个 |
[31:24] | “The boy’s on the plane. He’s experiencing pulmonary hypertension.” | “男孩在飞机上 他有肺动脉高血压的症状” |
[31:27] | That’s elevated pressure in the lungs, I think. That could lead to what? | 会增加肺的压力 可能会导致什么? |
[31:32] | – Doctor, that could lead to what? – I’m sorry… | -医生,可能有什么影响? -抱歉 |
[31:35] | That could lead to what? | 可能有什么影响? |
[31:37] | – Heart failure. – That’s what it says. Follow me. | -心肺衰竭 -就是这样说的,跟我来 |
[31:40] | His right ventricular pressure has risen to 102 millimeters mercury. | 他右心室血压已经上升 到102毫米水银柱 |
[31:45] | Low-oxygen blood’s beginning to bypass the lungs. | 低氧的血液开始绕过肺部 |
[31:47] | That’s right. He has something called”in situ thrombi.” | 是的,他已有血栓现象 |
[31:51] | His arteries have lost their anticoagulant properties, and I resent this. | 他的动脉失去抗凝固性 我恨这事 |
[31:55] | Doctor Mohebi, I don’t care. Why aren’t you scrubbing up? | 莫哈比医生,我不在乎 你为何不洗手上路了? |
[31:59] | People are taken from their homes in the dead of night… | 人民在三更半夜 从家中被带走 |
[32:02] | …and jailed and tortured for months. | 被监禁凌虐了几个月 |
[32:05] | – I know. – Public executions… | -我知道 -当众处死 |
[32:07] | – Doctor… – Political opponents dragged outside… | -医生 -把政治敌手拉到境外 |
[32:09] | – I know this. Don’t you think I know? – I won’t aid the enemy. | -我知道,你认为我不知道吗? -我不会帮助敌人 |
[32:12] | I’ll let you know who the enemy is. That’s my job. It’s not a 15-year-old boy. | 我会让你知道谁是敌人 这是我的职责,不是那15岁的男孩 |
[32:21] | How do I know the organs were donated voluntarily? | 我怎么知道器官是自愿捐赠的? |
[32:23] | – Doctors Without Borders. – You don’t know these people. | -无国界医师组织 -你不认识这些人 |
[32:26] | I do know these people. You’re crazy if you don’t think I do. | 我认识这些人 你疯了才会觉得我不知道 |
[32:30] | I don’t need to be told who the enemy is. | 我不需要被告知谁是敌人 |
[32:32] | – Doctor… – It’s not your family that’s still there. | -医生 -还在那里的又不是你的家人 |
[32:35] | My family’s there. | 我的家人在那里 |
[32:38] | – If the procedure isn’t successful… – Nothing will happen to them. | -如果手术不成功 -他们不会有事 |
[32:41] | – Sir… – Nothing will happen to them. | -先生 -他们不会有事 |
[32:43] | Who’s making that guarantee? | 谁能保证? |
[32:46] | Well, the Swiss, I guess. | 我猜是瑞士 |
[32:48] | Look, I’ll use every power of the office to protect you and your family. | 我会动用政府的每一份力量 保护你和你的家人 |
[32:54] | But can I just say that this is how things change for the better. | 我只能说这样的改变 足以改善世局 |
[32:57] | A world-class surgeon or a school teacher in Afjah… | 一位世界级的外科医生 或德黑兰的教师 |
[33:00] | …who questions the ayatollah’s divine power. | 一个质疑什叶教领导人 神授力量的人 |
[33:04] | Do me a favor, go to Smith-Lansing and look at the kid… | 帮我个忙,去医院 看看那个小孩 |
[33:07] | …because I think when you do, you’re gonna scrub up. | 我想当你只要去看 你就会想洗手开刀了 |
[33:11] | If you don’t, I respect that, and the man made his own bed. Okay? | 如果你不愿意,我也尊重 让那个人自己去设法,好吗? |
[33:18] | Yeah. | 好 |
[33:22] | What was your father’s name? | 你父亲的名字是什么? |
[33:25] | – Raji. – What’d he teach? | -瑞积 -他教什么? |
[33:27] | – Science. – Thank you. | -自然科学 -谢谢你 |
[33:31] | Get him to Baltimore. | 送他去巴尔的摩 |
[33:50] | – You think his cell phone? – Not white-water rafting. | -你在想他的手机吗? -不是去激流泛舟 |
[33:53] | And staff can’t make those calls. | 职员不能打那些电话 |
[33:55] | They’re top-tier lowa people and New Hampshire. | 是爱荷华和新罕布夏的 高阶人士打的 |
[33:58] | Forty, 50 calls from the Flathead River? | 从佛瑞斯海得河打来的 四、五十通电话吗? |
[34:01] | That really doesn’t seem possible. | 似乎很不可能 |
[34:06] | – Unless… – That’s what I’m saying. | -除非 -那就是我想说的 |
[34:08] | All right, I’ll take it. | 好的,我接手 |
[34:11] | C.E.Q. | 环境品质会议 |
[34:13] | – What do I tell Triplehorn? – Tell him it’s done. | -我要告诉崔普宏什么? -告诉他没事了 |
[34:18] | – You’re sure? – Thank you, no, I… | -你确定吗? -谢谢你,不,我 |
[34:21] | They’re playing the Eagles. We’re talking 50-yard line. | 他们在打高尔夫 我们在谈足球 |
[34:26] | Toby? | 托比? |
[34:29] | You can’t have the job. | 你无法得到那份工作 |
[34:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:36] | The Parks Bill, we made it Senate-confirmable. | 公园法案变成 得让议员同意的职位 |
[34:39] | – That’s the first I’ve heard… – They added it in conference. | -这是我初次听到 -他们在会议中加上去的 |
[34:44] | – Well, we’ll find something. – Oh, you don’t have to do that. | -我们会找其他的 -你们不需要这么做 |
[34:48] | Can’t be Museum Studies. God forbid the Senate falls out of the mix on that. | 不会是博物馆研究,天哪 议会会为此分裂 |
[34:53] | I’ve made a lot of enemies on the Hill. You don’t owe me. | 我在国会树立很多敌人 你们没欠我 |
[34:58] | We asked you to fight a losing… | 我们要求你接受一个会失败的 |
[35:01] | Yes, we owe you. | 是的,我们欠你的 |
[35:03] | – This is when the president calls a play… – I called the play. | -总统称为一出戏 -是我说的 |
[35:09] | I called it. | 我说的 |
[35:13] | Raising the gas tax? | 提高汽油税? |
[35:15] | It was a loser, and I pushed to have you introduce it anyway. | 是个失败的案子,是我推出 让你推荐出去的 |
[35:21] | That doesn’t make any difference. | 没什么不同 |
[35:25] | – Look, look, let’s just… – I came out for a gas tax… | -听着,我们只是 -我为汽油税站出来 |
[35:28] | …because someone from Michigan had to. | 因为某个从密西根州来的人 必须这样做 |
[35:32] | Gas prices are too low. It’s why the air’s polluted. | 汽油价格太低了 所以空气受到污染 |
[35:36] | It’s why no one wants alternative fuels. | 所以没有人要用替代燃料 |
[35:40] | And clearly that argument took the nation by storm. | 明显地,激起全国性的争论 |
[35:46] | In my religion, the whole symbol of the religion… | 我的宗教,整个宗教的象征 |
[35:50] | …ended in crucifixion and condemnation. | 结束于十字架的牺牲与苦难 |
[35:55] | That wasn’t a measure of the experience. | 价值不在过程 |
[35:59] | It’s just the way it ended. | 而在结束的方式 |
[36:03] | Yeah, but I’m the Romans. | 是的,但我是天主教徒 |
[36:06] | It’s in the living. | 宗教就在生活中 |
[36:08] | It’s in the campaigning that you make your mark. | 在你所成就的竞选中 |
[36:13] | Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. | 有时赢、有时输 |
[36:19] | You have until the end of the day on those tickets, by the way. | 最终都是属于自己的东西 |
[36:38] | – Welcome back. – Thank you. | -欢迎归来 -谢谢你 |
[36:40] | – And congratulations. – Okay. | -恭禧 -是的 |
[36:43] | – Do you know if the president’s still in? – He is. | -总统还在办公室吗? -是的 |
[36:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[37:19] | – Mr. President, can you see Sam? – Sure. | -总统先生,你能见山姆吗? -当然 |
[37:24] | – Good evening, sir. – You’re the nominee. | -晚安,先生 -你是被提名人 |
[37:27] | There’s no nominee. Everyone’s on the ballot. | 没有被提名人 每个人都还在选票里 |
[37:29] | – Is there another Democrat? – No. | -有其他民主党员吗? -没有 |
[37:31] | You’re the nominee. | 那你就是被提名人 |
[37:33] | – Yeah. – And I know how you feel. | -是 -我知道你的感受 |
[37:36] | – You like Scott Holcomb? – I don’t know him well. | -你喜欢史考特贺康吗? -我对他不熟 |
[37:39] | He’s terrific. | 他很杰出 |
[37:40] | There’s a good guy out there named Will Bailey… | 那里有一个不错的家伙 叫做威尔贝利 |
[37:43] | …if he should come across your radar. | 只要有机会,你会注意到他 |
[37:45] | You gonna campaign on prescription drugs? | 你会用处方药物作为竞选议题吗? |
[37:47] | Our drug bill, yes, sir. And our Medicare reforms and the Bartlet Energy Plan. | 我们的药物法案、医疗保险改革 和巴特勒能源计划 |
[37:52] | – Sam? – Yes, sir? | -山姆? -是的? |
[37:54] | It’s okay to run away from me when you need to. | 必要时,你背离我没关系的 |
[37:56] | I would never, Mr. President. I simply would never do that. | 我不会,总统先生 我永远都不会 |
[38:00] | – That’s not how I get votes. – I appreciate that… | -这不是我赢得选票的方法 -我很感激 |
[38:02] | …but that’s not what I’m talking about. | 但我的意思不是这样 |
[38:05] | You disagreed with me on Medicare, I remember the meeting right here… | 你本来就不同意我的医疗保险计划 我还记得在这里的会议 |
[38:09] | …and then you wrote a five-page memo. | 你写了五页的备忘录 |
[38:12] | Run towards yourself. I’m wrong about that. Walk. | 坚持你自己的理念 那件事我错了,走吧 |
[38:16] | – You’re not used to your surroundings. – Yes, sir. | -你对环境还不熟悉 -是的 |
[38:18] | If you lose, you lose, but if you waste this, I’ll just kill you, Sam. | 如果你输了就输了 但你如果浪费,我会宰了你 |
[38:22] | – Yes, sir. – Anything else? | -是的 -还有别的事吗? |
[38:25] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[38:45] | – Good evening, Mr. President. – Hey. | -晚安,总统先生 -嘿 |
[38:49] | – Thank-you notes? – Yeah. | -感谢卡吗? -是的 |
[38:54] | I’m going to bed. | 我要去睡了 |
[38:56] | You don’t really like making thank-you calls, do you? | 你不是真的喜欢写感谢卡吧? |
[39:03] | Spill it. | 有话直说 |
[39:05] | How many precinct captains did you line up for Hoynes? | 你替何尼斯召了多少选区总干事? |
[39:08] | – I didn’t line up… – Forty-seven. | -我没有召 -四十七个 |
[39:10] | Charlie showed me the call sheets. | 查理给我看了通话纪录 |
[39:11] | I said thanks on behalf of the ticket. I can’t help it if… | 我代表候选人说声感谢 我不能不表达 |
[39:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[39:16] | They’ll think what they want. | 随便他们想 |
[39:18] | They think you’re freezing the race for Hoynes. | 他们认为你冻结何尼斯的竞争 |
[39:20] | I’m freezing it for us. We just won four more years. | 我是在帮自己 我们才又赢了四年 |
[39:22] | – This is not time for a free-for-all. – This shouldn’t be what you do anymore. | -不应该是完全放任的时刻 -这不应该是你做的 |
[39:34] | – Do I call them all back? – We’ll take care of it. | -要我打电话叫他们全回来吗? -我们会处理的 |
[39:40] | All right. | 好的 |
[39:50] | Tehran’s gonna accelerate medium-range missile tests by two weeks. | 德黑兰要提前两周做中程飞弹测试 |
[39:54] | We’ll gather the NSC principals in the morning. | 早上我们会召开国安会 |
[39:57] | All right. Anything else? | 好的,还有什么? |
[40:00] | Salman Afkham was wheeled into surgery 15 minutes ago. | 桑曼阿夫坎门十五分钟前 被推进手术室 |
[40:08] | Mohebi’s day just started. | 莫哈比漫长的一天才开始 |
[40:12] | Well, I suppose there are worse ways for ours to end. | 我想我们的方式不是最糟的 |
[40:18] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是的,没错 |