时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | This is my last China summit. It’s my last chance. | 这是我最后一次中国高峰会 我最后的机会 |
[00:11] | Progress isn’t good enough for me now. I want to get something done. | 现在的进度对我来说不够好 我要完成一些事情 |
[00:14] | You used to love it when I couldn’t dress myself without you. | 妳以前总喜欢 我没妳不行的感觉 |
[00:16] | I used to love peppermint ice cream, but now they get stuck in your teeth. | 就像我以前爱吃薄荷冰淇淋 但当糖开始粘在齿缝间 |
[00:21] | Help me bring the promise and the opportunity of America to all Americans. | 协助我将美国的承诺和机会 |
[00:27] | – President can’t give me the job I want. – Which one? | 他无法提供我想要的工作 什么工作? |
[00:31] | – His. – You’re running? | 他的工作 你要参选吗? |
[00:33] | – Starting tomorrow. – C.J…. | 从明天开始 茜洁… |
[00:36] | Sir? | 长官? |
[00:38] | I can’t move. | 长官? 我无法动弹 |
[00:39] | Hopefully, the doctors will influence him and get this plane turned around. | 我无法动弹 希望医生能说服他让我们掉头 |
[00:42] | We turn this plane around, and that’s the end of his presidency. | 这飞机若掉头 那就是他总统任期的结束了 |
[00:45] | – We can’t land in China with you… – This plane is going to China. | 长官,这样要如何… 这架飞机要前往中国 片名:冬季冲击 |
[01:07] | Josh Lyman’s office. | 乔西赖曼办公室 |
[01:09] | – He’s got a lunch. Afternoon’s open. – Who is it? | 他午餐另外有约,下午有空 是谁? |
[01:12] | – Didero’s office. Three o’clock? Done. – Who’s my lunch? | 帝德洛的办公室,三点?没问题 谁要跟我午餐? |
[01:16] | Me. | 我啊 |
[01:17] | – We’re having breakfast. – We need conversation. | 我啊 我们正在吃早餐 我们得好好聊聊 |
[01:20] | – What are we doing now? – We get interrupted. | 那我们现在正在做什么? 我们被打断了 |
[01:22] | Nothing’s going on here today. | 那我们现在正在做什么? 我们被打断了 今天这里什么事都没有发生 |
[01:24] | This lunch has been cancelled six times. It’s gonna kill you to buy me a salad? | 今天这里什么事都没有发生 午餐已经被取消六次了 请我吃沙拉会死吗? |
[01:41] | – Josh Lyman’s office. – Come on in. | 乔西赖曼办公室 进来 |
[01:45] | – Who is it? – Wrong number. | 是谁打来的? 打错了 |
[01:47] | – Quiet day. – Would you like to do the briefing? | 是谁打来的? 打错了 今天好平静 你要不要去做简报? |
[01:49] | – I really wouldn’t. – You’d be good. | 我才不要 你一定会很棒的 |
[01:51] | Pressroom’s a mausoleum. Everybody’s gone. Don’t worry. | 我才不要 你一定会很棒的 新闻室连个鬼影子都没有 大家都走了,别担心 |
[01:54] | – I’d be more comfortable… – I’m acting chief of staff. | 我想我还是… 我已经是代理幕僚长了 |
[01:57] | I don’t wanna be acting press secretary on top of it. | 我不要还兼任什么代理发言人 |
[02:00] | They don’t like him. | 大家都不喜欢他 |
[02:01] | Just run through the schedule and then do your Christmas shopping. Let me see. | 大家都不喜欢他 把整个行程念一念 就可以去买圣诞节礼物了,我瞧瞧 |
[02:05] | President in China. Six days. | 总统访问中国六天 |
[02:07] | Day one, trade, WTOs, partridge, pear tree. | 总统访问中国六天 第一天,贸易、世界贸易组织议题 鹧鸪、梨树 |
[02:10] | – Stellar. – Should I tease the North Korea stuff? | 扼要 我可以挖苦北韩的事吗? |
[02:13] | No. We don’t want it to be obvious everything was a lead-up to North Korea. | 不行,我们不能做得太明显 让大家知道一切都跟北韩有关 |
[02:18] | So I’m making this put-out-the-garbage week. | 所以我要来个大清仓 |
[02:20] | – Take out the trash. – I’m sorry? | 大扫除 你说什么? |
[02:22] | News we hope nobody hears? Take out the trash, not put out the garbage. | 大扫除 你说什么? 不希望大家听到的新闻? 叫做大扫除,不是大清仓 |
[02:26] | – Okay. – I’m just saying, it has a name. | 好 我的意思是,这有正式说法的 |
[02:28] | – Josh Lyman’s office. – Anything else? | 好 我的意思是,这有正式说法的 乔西赖曼办公室 你没有别的事要交代吗? |
[02:30] | – Slow day. – Hang on. | 乔西赖曼办公室 你没有别的事要交代吗? 没什么事 等等 |
[02:32] | C.J.? You’ve got Josh and Annabeth. | 没什么事 等等 茜洁?乔西和安娜贝丝在这里 |
[02:35] | In about four minutes, the wires are gonna report the president’s… | 茜洁?乔西和安娜贝丝在这里 再过四分钟,新闻室会宣布总统… |
[02:38] | …in the midst of a pronounced MS episode and doesn’t have use of his legs. | 因为多发性硬化症复发 无法用双腿行走 |
[02:42] | We’re ditching sightseeing, we’re staying three days, not six… | 我们要取消观光行程 只停留三天,不是六天… |
[02:45] | …but the substantive portions of the summit will continue. | 不过高峰会的重要议程 仍将依计划进行 |
[02:49] | – They will? – We’re playing it by ear. Got a pen? | 是吗? 我们在用耳朵记,拿枝笔来 |
[02:51] | – Yeah. – State, Treasury, Hutchinson… | 好 国务院、财政部、国防部长杭奇森 |
[02:53] | …the VP, Berryhill knows. But I don’t know about the ambassador. | 好 国务院、财政部、国防部长杭奇森 副总统,国务卿贝瑞希尔都知情 不过大使那边我还不清楚 |
[02:57] | We’ll call. Is he okay? | 我们会通知,他还好吗? |
[02:59] | His condition in no way affects his ability to… | 我们会通知,他还好吗? 他的病情绝对不会影响 身为总统的… |
[03:01] | – We got it. This is me asking. – I don’t know. | 我知道了,只是我想知道 我不知道 |
[03:05] | His arms are working. They weren’t an hour ago… | 他的手臂可以动,看来还不错 一小时之前还不行… |
[03:07] | …so maybe he’s up doing the polka five minutes from now. Otherwise… | 或许再过五分钟 他就可以起来跳舞,不然的话… |
[03:11] | – …I don’t know. I gotta… – Go. | 不知道,我得… 快去吧 |
[03:13] | Your office, five minutes. | 不知道,我得… 快去吧 五分钟后到妳办公室集合 |
[03:16] | Josh Lyman for the secretary, please. Right away. | 乔西赖曼想找部长,谢谢 请他马上来接 |
[03:20] | Mr. Secretary. Happy holidays to you too, sir. | 部长先生,也祝您佳节愉快 |
[03:23] | I’m gonna need you to take me off the speakerphone, if that’s okay. | 可以的话 我想请您不要用扩音装置 |
[03:30] | The president’s had an MS episode on the plane. He’s not able to walk. | (去找里奥) 总统在飞机上旧疾复发 现在无法行走 主演:施塔科钱宁 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:约书亚马尼纳 主演:玛丽马科麦克 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:吉米史密兹 主演:马丁辛 |
[04:19] | – I can’t do this. – Read the statement… | 我做不来 妳只要念声明… |
[04:21] | – …and introduce the medical office. – They don’t know anything. | 我做不来 妳只要念声明… 然后介绍医疗小组 他们什么都不懂 |
[04:25] | – Heard from Dr. Strangelove? – Strenlowe. | 找不到史丹罗夫医师吗? 是史坦罗威 |
[04:27] | – He’s busy. – They’ve only got one doctor? | 找不到史丹罗夫医师吗? 是史坦罗威 他在忙 他们只有一位医师? |
[04:29] | Surgeon general’s there too. She’s also busy. | 他在忙 他们只有一位医师? 卫生部长也在,她也在忙 |
[04:31] | – You didn’t brief? – Fifteen minutes. | 卫生部长也在,她也在忙 妳还没做简报吧? 再15分钟 |
[04:33] | – VP’d like to make the statement. – She’s got it. | 妳还没做简报吧? 再15分钟 副总统正要过来,他要发表声明 她来就可以了 |
[04:36] | – No, not really. – The president can’t walk. | 不行,不太行 总统都不能走路了 |
[04:38] | Resist the temptation to treat this like an opportunity. | 忍住诱惑,别把这当作出头的机会 |
[04:41] | He’s the highest-ranking man in the building… | 这不是选举招数 现在他是这里的最高首长… |
[04:44] | …which means getting his face out is responsible. | 所以让他露脸是负责任的作法 |
[04:47] | And he doesn’t need permission. | 而且他不需要任何人的许可 |
[04:49] | – Good morning. – Sir. | 而且他不需要任何人的许可 早安 副总统 |
[04:50] | Mr. Vice President. | 早安 副总统 副总统先生,早安 |
[04:52] | I was playing tennis. Couldn’t believe my ears. | 副总统先生,早安 我正在打网球 真不敢相信我所听到的 |
[04:54] | We were just discussing your statement. | 我们正在讨论你的声明稿 |
[04:57] | I’ll just get the ball rolling, and then you can jump in. | 我们正在讨论你的声明稿 我马上去安排,你随时跳进来帮忙 |
[05:00] | Sure. | 当然 |
[05:03] | Cancel the military greeting, the welcome ceremony tomorrow. | 取消明天早上的阅兵欢迎典礼 |
[05:07] | The first lady’s flight lands before ours, so we’ll see her when we touch down. | 第一夫人从新德里来的专机会先到 我们一降落就会看到她 |
[05:12] | She’s gonna be cranky. I think she should ride with you. | 她一定会很不高兴 我想她应该和妳同车 |
[05:15] | The Chinese have agreed to clear their press out. | 中国政府答应不让媒体到机场来 |
[05:18] | – Not much for freedom of the press. – We ought to do the same. | 新闻自由名存实亡 我们也该用这一招 |
[05:22] | They’ve already seen him. | 他们都看过他了 |
[05:23] | But the no-photo rule… | 他们都看过他了 可是不准拍照的规定… |
[05:25] | …does not apply to the tarmac. We let them stay… | 可是不准拍照的规定… 在飞机跑道上是不合用的 要是让他们留下来… |
[05:27] | …there’s a shot of the wheelchair lift lowering the president on every cover. | 到时候,总统坐著轮椅的照片 就会登上所有媒体的头条 |
[05:34] | Press clears before the president disembarks. | 总统下机前,媒体净空 |
[05:36] | Pool spray first thing in the morning. | 总统下机前,媒体净空 明天一大早是媒体专访 |
[05:40] | We should think about skipping the banquet. | 制片:艾莉亚提 我们得想办法躲掉晚宴 |
[05:44] | – I don’t know. – She likes the food. | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 安德鲁史登 我觉得这不妥 她很喜欢美食 |
[05:46] | It’s important that they can impress us. The banquet in particular. | 我觉得这不妥 她很喜欢美食 给他们机会讨好我们是很重要的 尤其在晚宴里更是 |
[05:50] | – She does like food. – Send the first lady? | 她真的很喜欢中国菜 可以找第一夫人去 |
[05:52] | I can sit through a meal. I’ve been doing that in a chair for years. | 她真的很喜欢中国菜 可以找第一夫人去 我可以用坐的完成整场晚宴 这几年来,我都是坐著吃饭的 |
[05:55] | You have to pace yourself. Fatigue is a real issue. | 你得调整自己的脚步 不该高估自己的体力 |
[05:58] | – Let the Tibet conversation go, cut to… – No. | 拿掉西藏的问题,直接跳到… 不行 |
[06:02] | – They’re not gonna budge. – We talk about Tibet… | 反正他们在西藏问题上不会让步 说起西藏问题… |
[06:04] | …so they can be implacable. | 他们会被气死 |
[06:06] | We talk about Taiwan so they can hold against the capitalist, imperialist foe… | 他们会被气死 我们谈台湾问题,他们就会 与资本主义、帝国主义为敌… |
[06:10] | …so that when we get to North Korea… | 所以当谈到北韩的问题时… |
[06:13] | …and they agree to do our dirty work… | 他们就会愿意帮我们 去做这些污秽的事 |
[06:15] | …they won’t have lost face at every other step. | 他们就会愿意帮我们 去做这些污秽的事 因为我们给他们留了面子 |
[06:18] | Cancel the banquet, cancel whatever you like. | 把晚宴取消,你要取消什么都行 |
[06:20] | But we do not skip one step of my negotiation with President Lian. | 但和连国家主席的谈判议程 我可绝不让步 |
[06:25] | Let’s see if we can’t push North Korea up. | 我看能不能把北韩问题排进去 |
[06:27] | – Maybe Thursday instead of Friday? – I’ll talk to Protocol. | 能不能从星期五提前到星期四? 我跟安排的人谈谈看 |
[06:30] | Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve begun our initial descent. | 各位女士先生 我们将开始降低高度 |
[06:34] | Indeed. | 说得好 |
[06:35] | – You can use C.J.’s office. – I don’t need an office. | 说得好 你可以用茜洁的办公室 我不需要办公室 |
[06:39] | The doctors say the paralysis is temporary, but I think they’re lying. | 医师说麻痺是暂时性的 我想他们在说谎 |
[06:43] | They can’t lie about his condition. That would be a crime… | 他们不能隐瞒总统病情 |
[06:46] | …and one we’ve committed before. | 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 这是犯法的… 而且我们都曾付出过代价 |
[06:48] | Sight for sore eyes. | 编剧:黛柏拉康 |
[06:49] | Could’ve had lunch, you needed to see me so bad. | 编剧:黛柏拉康 很高兴看到你 这么想见我,应该安排午餐会 |
[06:52] | She’s about to brief. Or, the vice president is, I should say. | 她正要去简报 导演:蕾丝丽格拉特 |
[06:56] | Hang on. Hang on. I know. I know this is a shock to everyone. | 应该说是副总统要简报 安静…我知道大家都很意外 |
[07:02] | I was playing tennis when I heard. I couldn’t believe my ears. | 我当时正在打网球 简直不敢相信我所听到的 |
[07:05] | But I spoke to the president myself… | 不过我亲自和总统通过话… |
[07:07] | …and he was perfectly clear. This summit will proceed as planned. | 不过我亲自和总统通过话… 他明确表示 这次的高峰会将如期进行 |
[07:12] | He is physically encumbered, but as far as we can tell right now… | 他的肢体有些不方便 不过,据我们目前所了解的… |
[07:15] | – As far as we can tell? – …this, in no way, affects him mentally. | 据我们目前所了解? 他的心智方面完全不受影响 |
[07:19] | Has there been a cognitive evaluation? | 是否做过认知能力的评估? |
[07:22] | We’re going to have a detailed statement from the physicians in a moment. | 我们稍后会请医师做详细的陈述 |
[07:26] | I’m not a doctor, I’m not going to talk about it. | 我不是医师,我不会谈到这些细节 |
[07:29] | What I can tell you is that I plan to meet… | 目前可以透露的是 稍后我准备与… |
[07:32] | …with members of the Cabinet later today to see if there’s any way… | 内阁成员会面 讨论是否在任何方面… |
[07:35] | …that we can provide the president with support… | 我们需要给予总统协助… |
[07:38] | …as he continues to do the work of this country. | 以便持续我们国家的运作 |
[07:41] | – Lord almighty. – Pull Will out of there. | 我的老天爷 给我把威尔弄出来 |
[07:47] | – Once he’s back in Washington, we’II…. – Margaret. | 等他回到华府,我们将… 玛格丽特 |
[07:51] | I’ll need five minutes on the phone with every member of the Cabinet. | 我需要和每个内阁成员通一下电话 |
[07:56] | – Cabinet meeting? – A conversation with senior members. | 内阁会议? 和资深阁员的非正式会谈 |
[08:00] | The president doesn’t need the Cabinet swooping in. | 总统不需要内阁介入 |
[08:03] | Wanna step into your office? | 要不要到你办公室里谈? |
[08:04] | The president is still running the show. Russell can stop… | 要不要到你办公室里谈? 总统还能治理国家 罗素该停止… |
[08:08] | …with the insinuations to the contrary. | 假惺惺了 |
[08:10] | There will be no Cabinet meeting. | 假惺惺了 不用开内阁会议 |
[08:12] | It’s been announced. You don’t think it would be awkward? | 不用开内阁会议 都已经宣布了 不开的话,不会更怪吗? |
[08:15] | You know what? Watch yourself. You and your candidate. | 你知道吗?你小心一点 你自己和你的候选人都是 |
[08:18] | – You done? – No. | 你说完了吗? 还没 |
[08:20] | Free advice for the campaign trail. | 你说完了吗? 还没 免费教你几招竞选秘诀 |
[08:22] | Stop with the mentions of his tennis game. | 免费教你几招竞选秘诀 别再提他打网球的事 |
[08:24] | Doesn’t make him look young. | 不会让他看起来比较年轻有活力 |
[08:26] | Makes him look like a dilettante who can’t settle down with a thick book. | 不会让他看起来比较年轻有活力 只会让他看起来像个 安定不下来的毛头小子 |
[08:31] | – Wheels-down in Beijing in a minute. – A Cabinet meeting. | 他们马上要抵达北京 内阁会议? |
[08:34] | You think the talk about tennis makes him look flaky? | 你认为说到网球会让他 看起来很轻率? |
[08:37] | No. I think it makes him look young and vigorous. | 不,会让他看起来 年轻有活力 (北京首都国际机场) 液压升降机无法起动 我们正在修理 还需要半个钟头 |
[08:54] | – Where is he? – Sorry, in the back, ma’am. | 他人在哪里? 对不起,在后面,夫人 我明白,但是总统很急要下飞机 |
[09:00] | There’s a problem with the hydraulic lift. | 液压升降机出了点问题 |
[09:03] | – Could be another half-hour. – We’ve been here forever. | 可能还要再等半个小时 我们在这里等很久了耶 |
[09:06] | Do they have a Jetway or something? | 他们有登机道之类的东西吗? 或者用空桥 我马上去问 |
[09:11] | Don’t hold your breath. | 别期望太高 |
[09:14] | – Pretty snazzy with the language. – Not really. Second-grade vocabulary. | 刚刚中文说得不错 才怪,这是二年级的字汇 |
[09:18] | – “Hydraulic lift” is second-grade? – It is in China. | 〝液压升降机〞是二年级的字汇? 在中国,是的 |
[09:21] | Did you run the SSEP? | 做了稳定状态听性 诱发反应测试吗? |
[09:23] | Yes, it shows severe conduction delay. | 做了稳定状态听性 诱发反应测试吗? 是的,有严重的传导迟缓现象 |
[09:25] | We’re at 85 percent loss of nerve function in the lower limbs. | 是的,有严重的传导迟缓现象 下肢神经功能丧失了百分之85 |
[09:29] | – Spinal cord lesion? – It’s our best guess. | 脊椎受伤? 我也是这么猜 |
[09:31] | Still working on it. | 脊椎受伤? 我也是这么猜 还在设法当中 |
[09:33] | – How long have they kept you here? – They’ve never used their elevator. | 还在设法当中 他们把你们关在这里多久了? 他们从没用过他们的电梯 |
[09:36] | – A forklift will do. – You could lie down. We’re not moving. | 找辆起重车来就好了 你先躺下,我们还没要离开 |
[09:39] | I don’t wanna lie down. I want off this plane. | 我不要躺下来,我要赶快下飞机 |
[09:42] | – Where’s Dr. Strenlowe? – He’s on the phone. | 史坦罗威医师在哪里? 他在讲电话 |
[09:44] | I called the hospital, and we’ll do an MRI as soon as we get settled. | 史坦罗威医师在哪里? 他在讲电话 我和医院联络好了 等我们到了马上做磁共振造影 |
[09:48] | An MRI’s not gonna tell us anything new. | 磁共振造影不会提供任何新的讯息 |
[09:51] | Maybe. Maybe not. | 可能会,可能不会 |
[09:53] | – Tell me your name one more time. – Curtis, sir. | 可能会,可能不会 再说一次你的名字 柯帝士,长官 |
[09:56] | Okay. How much can you bench-press, Curtis? | 好,柯帝士 你伏地挺身可以做几下? |
[09:59] | Quite a bit, sir. | 还蛮多下的,长官 |
[10:01] | – How about we stage a prison break. – Absolutely. | 还蛮多下的,长官 我们何不来个大逃亡? 没问题 |
[10:06] | Lift with your legs, son, not your back. | 脚用力,不是背 |
[10:09] | Could be vomiting. Some people get seizures. | 可能会有呕吐现象 有人会发生痉挛 |
[10:12] | – Mr. President. – Jed? | 总统先生 杰德? |
[10:14] | Jed, what are you doing? | 总统先生 杰德? 杰德,你在搞什么? |
[10:17] | – You okay? – Yes, sir. | 你还好吗? 我没事 |
[10:19] | Take your time. No need to rush. | 你还好吗? 我没事 慢慢来,我们不急 |
[10:22] | Am I going too fast? | 我太快了? |
[10:24] | No, no, I’m just saying, you drop me, that’ll follow you the rest of your life. | 我太快了? 不,我只是说如果把我摔下来 你会后悔一辈子 |
[10:28] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[10:35] | If you keep this up, your arms are gonna fall off. | 你如果一直这样的话 你的手臂会断掉的 |
[10:38] | I hope somebody brings the damn chair. | 希望有人拿张椅子来 |
[10:40] | I hope so too, sir. | 我也是这么想,长官 |
[10:49] | – You sure you’re okay? – I’m fine. | 你还好吗? 我没事 |
[10:51] | I don’t wanna work you into another bypass. | 你还好吗? 我没事 我可不想连累你又去做 心脏绕道手术 |
[10:53] | I’m happy to help. | 我可不想连累你又去做 心脏绕道手术 我很乐意帮忙 |
[10:55] | – We gonna get a photo? – Soon. | 我很乐意帮忙 我们可以看到照片吗? 马上就有 |
[10:57] | Good, because we’ve got claims he’s in a coma… | 我们可以看到照片吗? 马上就有 很好,因为这里有无聊的人 传说他昏迷了 |
[11:00] | …and we flew him there so they could do a wax mockup like of Chairman Mao. | 所以我们用飞机把他送去中国 好让他们做个像毛主席一样的蜡像 |
[11:04] | How are the markets looking? | 今天股市如何? |
[11:06] | We took a hit. Dow’s down 470. | 今天股市如何? 狂跌,美国道琼工业指数 跌了470点 |
[11:08] | We should get the treasury secretary on camera with an “I’m okay, you’re okay. “ | 我们该找财政部长上电视说 〝我没事,你们也会没事〞 |
[11:13] | – Dig up something to announce. – Something with the president at work. | 找些东西公布给媒体 像是总统正在工作 |
[11:16] | Anything that make him look active, and not…. | 任何让他看起来正在活动 而不是… |
[11:19] | Paralyzed? | 任何让他看起来正在活动 而不是… 瘫痪? 至少不是那样子 |
[11:22] | Talk to the agencies and the policy shops. We need some activity. | 跟相关单位和智库讨论一下 我们需要让他做点事情 |
[11:26] | – It was trash week. – Not anymore. We need executive orders. | 可是这周是就什么事 不再是了,我们需要大老板动起来 |
[11:30] | The president just called from Beijing to talk about big weapons systems. | 像是总统刚从北京打电话给议长 谈到大型的武器编制体系 |
[11:34] | All right. | 好 |
[11:36] | Think you could check in at the Pentagon, keep an eye… | 好 你能到五角大厦去盯著… |
[11:39] | – …on this Cabinet meeting? – No problem. | 这个所谓的内阁会议吗? 没问题 |
[11:41] | See Vinick announce his run for presidency? | 这个所谓的内阁会议吗? 没问题 看到文尼克宣布参选总统吗? |
[11:43] | – Just sound bites. – I’ll get a tape. | 看到文尼克宣布参选总统吗? 只听到录音 我会拿到录影带 |
[11:45] | – You can join me in my despair. – I’ll take a look. | 只听到录音 我会拿到录影带 你可以和我一起找个空档瞧瞧 我会看看 |
[11:49] | Someone from NASA. He needs to speak to whoever’s in charge… | 有个太空总署的人 说要见负责人… |
[11:52] | …and I have no idea who that is. | 可是我不知道应该找谁 |
[11:54] | Maybe keep the philosophical questions to yourself. | 可是我不知道应该找谁 那种空泛的问题就别说出来 |
[11:58] | I got it. | 我来 |
[12:00] | – You missed us, didn’t you? – Like a hangnail. | 你很挂念我们,是吧? 如肉刺一样 |
[12:06] | – Thanks for waiting. Josh Lyman. – Walter Sprout. | 久等了,我是乔西赖曼 我是华特史普劳特 |
[12:09] | The administrator isn’t here. | 负责人没来 |
[12:10] | – Apparently not. – We should wait. | 负责人没来 显然是的 那我们还是等一下好了 |
[12:12] | – Who’s the administrator? – Edward Kelwick. | 显然是的 那我们还是等一下好了 负责人是谁? 爱德华柯维克 |
[12:15] | – And he administers what? – NASA. | 负责人是谁? 爱德华柯维克 他负责什么? 太空总署 |
[12:17] | – NASA administrator. – You’re from NASA. | 他负责什么? 太空总署 是太空总署的负责人 你是太空总署的人 |
[12:19] | Program manager for near-Earth object observation. Walter Sprout. | 我是近地小行星观察计划主持人 华特史普劳特 |
[12:23] | I’m sure he’s coming. | 我想他一定会来 |
[12:25] | Well, I’m going in four minutes, so we should plug on. | 我想他一定会来 我再过四分钟就得进去 我们还是直接谈好了 |
[12:28] | Could I get some water? | 我能不能喝杯水? |
[12:31] | – Water? – Sure. | 我能不能喝杯水? 水? 当然 |
[12:34] | I’m sorry. I just… I’ve been… | 对不起…我只是… |
[12:37] | …sweating quite a lot, and I think that it’s gotten me dehydrated and…. | 一直都在流汗 所以我常常会口干舌燥,而且… |
[12:42] | – Okay, you need to take it easy. – There’s an object… | 好,你得放轻松 有个物体… |
[12:45] | …coming toward the Earth. | 正朝著地球而来 |
[12:47] | – From the sky? – An asteroid. | 正朝著地球而来 从天空中? 是小行星 |
[12:50] | ASO0267. | 从天空中? 是小行星 AS00267号 |
[12:53] | There are a lot of asteroids in the sky, from my limited understanding. | 据我很粗浅的了解 太空中有很多小行星 |
[12:57] | – Thousands. – Well, I’m thinking you should… | 有上千个 我想你应该 |
[12:59] | …write up a memo, drop it off… | 有上千个 我想你应该 写个纸条,送过来 |
[13:02] | The LINEAR observatory in New Mexico recorded images yesterday… | 写个纸条,送过来 在新墨西哥州的直线天文台 昨天记录到一些影像 |
[13:05] | …that were analyzed by the Minor Planet Center in Cambridge. | 这些影像已在昨晚被剑桥的 国际小行星组织分析 |
[13:09] | Their data were posted on the NEO Confirmation Page to be verified… | 他们的资料已经登在 近地小行星等待确认网页上 |
[13:12] | …by astronomers across the globe, myself included. | 由全世界包括我在内的 天文学者一起确认 |
[13:15] | Now, our calculations could be wrong… | 现在,我们的推算可能有错… |
[13:19] | …but if not, they indicate that an object following that trajectory… | 但如果正确的话 这颗小行星沿著目前的轨迹… |
[13:23] | …would strike the Earth in approximately 48 hours. | 将在48小时之内撞击地球 |
[13:28] | Forty-six. | 是46小时 |
[13:30] | – And this asteroid is…? – Big. | 是46小时 这颗小行星是…? 很大 |
[13:33] | – How…? – Big. | 有多… 很大 |
[13:43] | Margaret, I need the NASA administrator and Leo. | 玛格丽特 我要找太空总署负责人和里奥 |
[13:48] | I loved a man once. I never told him. | 我曾爱过一个男人 但我从未说出口 |
[13:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:59] | Vice Premier Liu and Chairman Xian will be in the third and fourth seats. | (人民大会堂 中国北京) 刘副总理和中央军管会的项主席 会坐在第三和第四个位置 |
[14:02] | Premier Z yang will be right here next to President Lian. | 姜总理会坐在这里 就在连国家主席的旁边 |
[14:05] | Thank him for allowing us to enjoy his magnificent space. | 别忘了要谢谢他让我们 使用这个壮丽的场所 |
[14:08] | You wanna remind me again? | 妳要不要再提醒我一次 |
[14:10] | It’s a big deal. We’re supposed to approach them. | 妳要不要再提醒我一次 这很重要 我们应该要主动过去打招呼 |
[14:13] | – On our knees. – Well, since you mention it…. | 还要下跪 对,既然你提起这个… |
[14:15] | The memory’s not gone. | 还要下跪 对,既然你提起这个… 我的记忆力还没丧失 |
[14:17] | It’s next, maybe, but not yet. | 我的记忆力还没丧失 可能是接下来会 不过现在还可以 |
[14:19] | Allowing us to enjoy his magnificent space. | 可能是接下来会 不过现在还可以 让我们使用这个壮丽的场所 |
[14:21] | I’m gonna hit her. | 让我们使用这个壮丽的场所 我要打她一顿 |
[14:23] | – If you need a break at any time… – I’m fine. | 我要打她一顿 如果你想休息一下的话… 我没事 |
[14:25] | …I don’t know, tug on your earlobe. We’ll make something up. | 你可以拉一下耳垂之类的 我们会编个借口 |
[14:29] | I desperately hope you’re not serious. | 我真心的希望 妳不是认真的 |
[14:31] | It’s a three-hour meeting. I’m gonna want a break. | 我真心的希望 妳不是认真的 这是个三小时的会议 连我都会想要休息 |
[14:34] | You should tug on your ear, and this one’ll make something up. | 这是个三小时的会议 连我都会想要休息 妳应该拉一拉耳垂 然后她会帮妳编个理由 |
[14:37] | It’s better to avoid saying you need rest. | 这是比较婉转的方法 表示你需要休息 |
[14:39] | You should move away from me as quickly as possible. | 这是比较婉转的方法 表示你需要休息 妳最好赶快离开我的身边 |
[14:42] | – Yes, sir. – You ready? | 是的,长官 你准备好了吗? |
[14:45] | Go ahead. | 开始吧 你好吗?欢迎欢迎 |
[15:19] | It is a great honor for myself and for the People’s Republic of China… | 对我个人和全中国的人民来说… |
[15:23] | – …to welcome the president. – Thank you. | 非常荣幸总统到访 谢谢 |
[15:26] | On behalf of the American people, it is an honor to be here. | 我代表美国人民 很荣幸能够来访 |
[15:29] | I would like to thank you for allowing us to enjoy your magnificent space. | 我要感谢阁下让我们 使用这个壮丽的场所 |
[15:34] | I thought we had technology that detects rocks hurtling toward our planet. | 我以为我们有技术 可以侦测到冲撞地球的陨石 |
[15:39] | The Spaceguard System. | 是太空防卫系统 |
[15:40] | Expensive, if memory serves. | 是太空防卫系统 没记错的话,还挺贵的 |
[15:42] | Spaceguard only detects objects over 1 kilometer wide. | 没记错的话,还挺贵的 太空防卫系统只能侦测 超过一公里宽的物体 |
[15:45] | Anything large enough to take out humans. | 任何大到足以夺走人命的物体 |
[15:47] | – This is considerably smaller. – It’s 400 meters. | 任何大到足以夺走人命的物体 而这个小多了 是四百公尺 |
[15:50] | – Considerably smaller. – Twice the size of the Astrodome. | 而这个小多了 是四百公尺 是小多了 是休士顿太空巨蛋的两倍 |
[15:53] | Gives new meaning to “duck and cover. “ | 让〝卧倒,掩护〞有了新的定义 |
[15:55] | A collision is improbable, but we felt we should alert you. | 让〝卧倒,掩护〞有了新的定义 未必真的会撞击 但我们想还是应该提醒你们 |
[15:59] | – Where would it hit? – In the Northern Hemisphere. | 撞击点会在哪里? 在北半球 |
[16:02] | – Can’t get any more specific? – Nope. | 撞击点会在哪里? 在北半球 不能更精确一点吗? 没办法 |
[16:04] | – What kind of damage? – You’ll wish you lived in Antarctica. | 不能更精确一点吗? 没办法 会造成怎样的破坏? 你会希望住在南极洲上 |
[16:08] | We’re waiting for another look. It’s in our daylight 80 percent of the time. | 我们准备再度观测,轨道接近太阳 八成的时间都出现在白天 |
[16:13] | Japan’s tracking it, and we may get a glimpse in Maui, but they’ve had clouds. | 日本正在追踪,或许下几个小时 能从茂宜岛看到,不过当地是阴天 |
[16:19] | So we may be hit with a hunk of intergalactic rock… | 所以我们有可能 被一堆星际陨石击中 |
[16:21] | …we don’t know when or where… | 我们完全不知道什么时候 或在哪里… |
[16:23] | …and no information coming because it’s cloudy? | 我们完全不知道什么时候 或在哪里… 完全没有相关资讯 就因为茂宜岛是阴天? |
[16:26] | Welcome to my world. | 完全没有相关资讯 就因为茂宜岛是阴天? 你终于了解我的苦处 |
[16:28] | As long as both China and the United States… | 你终于了解我的苦处 只要中美两国都能… |
[16:30] | …keep an eye on the larger picture… | 只要中美两国都能… 著眼于大局… 遵守中美三方公报的原则 |
[16:37] | …maintain a long-term perspective and abide by the principles… | 维持长远的眼光… |
[16:41] | …in the three Sino-U.S. | 并遵守中美三个联合公报的原则 |
[16:43] | …our relationship will continue to grow and thrive. | 两国的关系将持续成长茁壮 |
[16:48] | – Does he look out of it to you? – What? | 他是不是在找妳? 什么? |
[16:51] | The president. | 他是不是在找妳? 什么? 总统 |
[16:53] | – Ours? – He’s squirming. | 总统 我们的总统吗? 他有点坐不稳 |
[16:57] | Well, he’s probably bored. | 他可能觉得无聊 |
[16:59] | Lian refuses to move past affirming his commitment between our two countries. | 他可能觉得无聊 连国家主席不愿意进一步 确认我们两国的承诺 |
[17:06] | He’s not listening. | 他根本没在听 |
[17:08] | Where’s C.J.? | 他根本没在听 茜洁在哪里? |
[17:10] | …through operations of economic trade, energy and science and in technology. | 茜洁在哪里? 透过经贸,能源和科技的合作 |
[17:15] | – I think he’s having trouble. – He looks fine. | 我想他有点不对劲 他看起来很好 |
[17:19] | – He’s been flapping a lot with the arms. – Is he talking? | 他的手臂一直在动 他在说话吗? |
[17:24] | Yeah, but Lian’s been on a roll for a while. | 对,不过连国家主席 已经讲了一阵子 |
[17:29] | That. There, with the arm. Do you see that? | 妳看,就是这个,他的手臂 妳看到了吗? |
[17:32] | That is a little…. | 是有点… |
[17:35] | Oh, my God. He’s tugging on his earlobe. | 是有点… 我的天,他在拉耳垂了 |
[17:38] | – We gotta get him out. – What? | 我们得把他弄出去 什么? |
[17:40] | We’re gonna pull the plug. | 我们得把他弄出去 什么? 我们得设法暂停 |
[17:42] | – What can I say? – Nothing. That… | 我们得设法暂停 我要说什么? 都不用,就… |
[17:44] | Just go. | 我要说什么? 都不用,就… 直接过去 |
[17:45] | …between our two countries… | 直接过去 我们两国之间… |
[17:47] | – …is the key to steady development of… – This is not good. | 我们两国之间… 稳定成长的关键… 这不太妙 |
[17:52] | – I have explained to President Bartlet… – Pardon me. | 我已经向巴特勒总统解释过… 很抱歉 |
[17:56] | Please forgive me, President Lian. | 很抱歉,连国家主席 |
[17:59] | President Bartlet has an urgent call from Washington. | 巴特勒总统有一通 来自华府的紧急电话 |
[18:04] | We’ll need to take a break for just a few moments. | 我们得稍微中断一下 |
[18:09] | Of course, no trouble at all. | 当然可以 当然,没问题 |
[18:14] | Clear the hall. | 清理厅堂 把现场清空 |
[18:20] | – You okay? – Yeah, I just gotta take a minute. | 你还好吗? 还好,我只是得休息一下子 |
[18:25] | – The plan was flawed. – It was. | 那计划不管用 对 |
[18:26] | The recipient of the sign stays in the room. | 那计划不管用 对 负责接收讯息的人 应该留在房间 |
[18:29] | – Yes. – I almost pulled my ear off. | 负责接收讯息的人 应该留在房间 是的 我差点把耳朵都拉掉了 |
[18:31] | – I had to take a call from Leo. – Thought he didn’t work for us. | 是的 我差点把耳朵都拉掉了 我得去接里奥的电话 我以为他不替我们工作了 |
[18:34] | These things change. We should get back to him. | 事情有些变化 我们得再找他 |
[18:37] | – Bound to be better news than here. – Oh, you’d be amazed. | 他的事绝对不会比这里还要糟 你会大吃一惊 |
[18:41] | So will it kill us like the dinosaurs? | 这个东西要是打过来 我们会不会像恐龙一样被消灭? |
[18:44] | – It won’t hit us. – But if it does. | 这个东西要是打过来 我们会不会像恐龙一样被消灭? 不会打到我们 要是会呢? |
[18:45] | Then, likelihood is, it hits an ocean, starts a tsunami… | 不会打到我们 要是会呢? 要是发生的话,它会撞击海洋 产生海啸… |
[18:49] | …and, you know, surf’s up… | 然后就是,海浪会冲进 |
[18:51] | – …in Illinois. – Announceable achievements. | 然后就是,海浪会冲进 伊利诺州 值得公布的政绩 |
[18:54] | Preliminary diplomatic relations established with Myanmar. | 建立与缅甸初步的外交关系 |
[18:57] | – That’s a violent military dictatorship. – Yes, but maybe we talk them out of it. | 那是个军事强人独裁统治的国家 建交的话,或许可以说服他们放弃 |
[19:02] | Forward motion on the ERISA reform. | 推动修改员工退休所得保障法 |
[19:04] | – Supposed to pass two months ago. – We didn’t… | 推动修改员工退休所得保障法 二个月前早该通过了 我们并没有… |
[19:06] | …but we’re moving in that direction. | 二个月前早该通过了 我们并没有… 不过我们已经朝那个方向迈进 |
[19:08] | We got press worried the president’s no longer fit to keep his job… | 不过我们已经朝那个方向迈进 一堆媒体追著我们 质疑总统无法继续工作 |
[19:13] | …and you’re giving me this? | 你能给我的就只有这一个? |
[19:15] | There’s the asteroid coming. You could announce that. | 你能给我的就只有这一个? 你可以发布行星撞地球这个消息 |
[19:18] | – Can we do this now? – What? | 我们可以开始了吗? 什么? |
[19:20] | The conversation we were supposed to have, let’s have it now. | 我们可以开始了吗? 什么? 我们本来约好在午餐谈谈的 我们现在就来谈 |
[19:23] | – Can’t. – I thought it wasn’t hitting. | 不行,世界末日要到了 我以为不会打到我们 |
[19:25] | – Might. – There’s nothing to do. | 不行,世界末日要到了 我以为不会打到我们 有可能 我以为你无能为力 |
[19:27] | There isn’t. Doesn’t mean the situation’s not to be monitored. Tomorrow. Lunch. | 有可能 我以为你无能为力 是没错,不表示我们不该持续观察 明天午餐再谈 |
[19:32] | Definitely. | 说定了 |
[19:38] | I just needed a break. | 我只需要休息一下子 |
[19:40] | I was gonna fall out of that chair. | 我只需要休息一下子 我以为会从椅子上倒下来 |
[19:42] | – That’s the fatigue. – I got a noose around my waist. | 我以为会从椅子上倒下来 那就是疲倦的现象 我的腰上像绑了绞索 |
[19:45] | – Anything I can get you, sir? – No, thanks. | 你有什么需要吗? 不用了,谢谢 |
[19:47] | – Doctor’s on his way up. – Don’t want him. | 你有什么需要吗? 不用了,谢谢 医师正要赶过来 我不要他来 |
[19:50] | – I don’t care, frankly. – I just need to close my eyes. | 医师正要赶过来 我不要他来 说真的,我才不管 我只想闭目养神 |
[19:54] | – He has to take a look. – He’ll tell me to lie down. | 他一定得看看才行 他一定会叫我躺下 |
[19:56] | Mission accomplished. It’s the jet lag. | 他一定得看看才行 他一定会叫我躺下 你们赢了,不过是时差的关系 |
[19:59] | – Jet lag. – I have two doctors here. | 你们赢了,不过是时差的关系 时差 在这里有两个医生 |
[20:01] | Clearly, you don’t know what to do. | 时差 在这里有两个医生 显然,妳不知道该怎么办 |
[20:03] | It’s not jet lag. Strenlowe, Milly and I told you the fatigue could be overwhelming… | 显然,妳不知道该怎么办 那不是时差,史坦罗威、米莉 和我都警告你不能高估自己的体力 |
[20:09] | …and you should take it easy. You elected not to do that. | 要你别太拼命 你却选择反其道而行 |
[20:12] | Leo tells me there’s an asteroid coming to hit the Earth. | 里奥告诉我有颗小行星 要来撞击地球了 |
[20:16] | Maybe we should sit quietly for a few moments and ponder that. | 或许我们该静静的坐下来 好好的想一想这件事 |
[20:28] | Anything? | 有消息吗? |
[20:31] | NASA’s got a clear shot in Maui. | 太空总署从茂宜岛得到清楚的影像 |
[20:34] | It should tell us more. | 应该可以提供更多讯息 |
[20:38] | The president’s having trouble getting through meetings. They pulled him out. | 总统撑不了整场会议 他们得中途把他弄出来 |
[20:44] | He sat on a plane for 20 hours. He’ll bounce. | 他坐了二十小时的飞机 他会恢复元气的 |
[20:49] | – I just looked at the tape. – Vinick’s announcement? | 我刚看过录影带了 文尼克的参选发表会? |
[20:53] | Makes you wanna cry, doesn’t it? | 让你感动得想痛哭,是不是? |
[20:55] | It’s a tough primary for him. I wouldn’t tear my shirt yet. | 让你感动得想痛哭,是不是? 对他而言是个很难打的初选 我还不觉得是个大问题 |
[20:59] | – Russell offered me campaign manager. – Really? | 罗素要我当他的竞选总干事 是吗? |
[21:03] | I turned him down. Hoynes asked too. | 我拒绝他了,何尼斯也问了我 |
[21:06] | Popular. You change your cologne or something? | 这么受欢迎 你是换了古龙水还是怎样? |
[21:08] | – Think Hoynes can win? – With Baker out… | 这么受欢迎 你是换了古龙水还是怎样? 你想何尼斯会赢吗? 贝克退出了… |
[21:11] | …Russell’s got a huge financial advantage. | 你想何尼斯会赢吗? 贝克退出了… 罗素有很强的经济优势 |
[21:18] | Sitting VP is gonna raise a lot more money… | 现任副总统一定能募到更多经费… |
[21:21] | …and he’s in a position to offer a lot more favors. | 而且他有很多行政资源可以做人情 |
[21:24] | Hoynes is a guy without a job. | 何尼斯是个没有工作的人 |
[21:26] | That said, Hoynes is much more experienced in the job Russell holds. | 何尼斯是个没有工作的人 说到这个,罗素现在的工作 何尼斯做起来会更得心应手 |
[21:30] | He was elected senator of a huge and complicated, usually Republican, state… | 他在原本是属于共和党 很大,很复杂的州里被选上当参议员 |
[21:34] | …and Russell got elected representative of a district the size of my thumb. | 而罗素的选民所代表的区域 不比我的拇指大多少 |
[21:39] | Hoynes is smarter than Russell. | 何尼斯比罗素聪明 |
[21:41] | – He’ll kick his ass in the debates. – And has more foreign-policy experience. | 何尼斯比罗素聪明 在辩论时铁定让他很难看 而且他对外交比较内行 |
[21:46] | It could happen. | 他可能会选上 |
[21:50] | But you gotta wanna work for him, and you gotta want him to win. | 若你真要帮他做事 首先得真心希望他会赢 |
[21:55] | You want that? | 你想要这样吗? |
[21:57] | I wanna get Jed Bartlet a third term. | 你想要这样吗? 我希望让杰德巴特勒做第三任 |
[22:03] | – Yeah. – What happened to the good old days… | 是啊 过去的美好时光早已不在 |
[22:07] | …when a couple hacks with cigars chose the nominee in a smoke-filled backroom? | 当初他们只是一群人抽著雪茄 在烟雾迷漫的房间里决定候选人 |
[22:11] | They didn’t do so bad, did they? | 他们做得还不坏,不是吗? |
[22:13] | – Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower. – We need a backroom. | 他们做得还不坏,不是吗? 罗斯福、杜鲁门、艾森豪 我们也需要一个小房间 |
[22:18] | Well, we’ve just about outlawed smoking… | 我们正要立法禁止抽烟 |
[22:21] | …and at this point, I’m not allowed to even look at a cigar. | 而现在,我连看一眼雪茄都不行 |
[22:26] | But we’re it. | 但有我们就可以了 |
[22:29] | You and me. | 你跟我 |
[22:32] | This is the backroom. | 这里就是小房间 (渭水大饭店) |
[22:50] | – Anything? – He’s still asleep. | 有状况吗? 他还在睡 |
[22:53] | We asked for a 15-minute break. He’s been asleep for four hours. | 我们只要求15分钟休息时间 结果他睡了四小时 |
[22:57] | Okay, we split up tomorrow so he can take more breaks. | 我们把明天的行程拆开 让他可以多休息 |
[23:00] | Maybe he’s only in the first hour. | 或许每个会议他只参加头一个小时 |
[23:02] | I’m not sure he’ll make it in a chair. Lying down is not as physically taxing. | 或许每个会议他只参加头一个小时 我不确定他可以坐著撑一个小时 一直躺著也不是办法 |
[23:07] | He can’t nap through this. | 他不能在中途打瞌睡 |
[23:08] | I’m not saying he sleeps 20 hours a day… | 他不能在中途打瞌睡 我不是说他一天得睡二十小时 |
[23:11] | …but he’ll be much more productive if he’s not having to hold his body upright. | 如果他不用把力气花在 把身体打直会更好 |
[23:15] | He is the brains in the operation. | 他是个用脑的人 |
[23:17] | So staff meets, he’s the man behind the curtain. | 他是个用脑的人 所以当幕僚开会时 他就是垂帘听政的人 |
[23:20] | They’ll drag their heels if he’s not there. | 所以当幕僚开会时 他就是垂帘听政的人 要是他不在场 他们就会拖拖拉拉 |
[23:22] | We’ll be talking about shrimp exports for three days! | 要是他不在场 他们就会拖拖拉拉 我们会花三天讨论虾的出口问题 |
[23:25] | We make it clear we’re running all decisions back to him. | 我们会清楚的表示 所有的事都将由他决定 |
[23:28] | He’s gotta show his face, or the entire world’s gonna go ballistic. | 他要是不公开露面 中国甚至全世界都会鸡飞狗跳 |
[23:32] | They’ll think he’s worse. | 会以为他病情严重 而我们在隐瞒事实 |
[23:33] | – They’ll be right. – He could do a 15-minute hello. | 会以为他病情严重 而我们在隐瞒事实 他们会是对的 他可以出来15分钟打个招呼 |
[23:36] | – A photo op. – Oh, he’s gonna love that. | 让媒体拍照 对,他会高兴死了 |
[23:43] | He’s up. | 他起来了 |
[23:46] | Why not the first even half-hour of each meeting? | 为何不在每次会议头半小时? |
[23:49] | – One meeting in the morning, certainly. – One? | 早上一定只安排一个会议 一个? |
[23:52] | We’re the ones with the hard agenda. Any excuse to run… | 早上一定只安排一个会议 一个? 是我们这边有比较麻烦的议题 要是我们想… |
[23:55] | The meetings can continue after I leave. | 我离开之后,会议都可以继续 |
[23:57] | You leave after 30 minutes, Lian will break… | 我离开之后,会议都可以继续 你在30分钟后离席 连国家主席后脚也会跟著走… |
[24:00] | …when you go so we know he doesn’t like to negotiate with us. | 你在30分钟后离席 连国家主席后脚也会跟著走… 好让我们知道 他不想跟我们谈 |
[24:03] | – We lose half the day. – Are you benching me? | 我们已经浪费了半天 妳在逼我吗? |
[24:07] | You told me the only way North Korea honors… | 八个星期前,是你告诉我 要让北韩… |
[24:10] | …a nonproliferation agreement is if China agrees to be enforcer. | 八个星期前,是你告诉我 要让北韩… 遵守限武合约的唯一办法 就是让中国同意去强制执行 |
[24:14] | Conducting inspections, imposing sanctions if need be. | 执行武检,必要时实施制裁 |
[24:17] | You told me the most tangible threat to the next generations of Americans… | 是你告诉我,对今后 美国人民最大的威胁… |
[24:21] | …is a nuclear North Korea, and then you told me this was our shot. | 就是北韩的核子武器 你还说这是一个好机会 |
[24:24] | Never quote me to me. | 别用我的话来压我 |
[24:26] | Call Kelwick at NASA, see if they got a read overnight. | 别用我的话来压我 联络太空总署的柯维克 看他们有没有最新的影像 |
[24:29] | How many spots are there in the bunker? | 在地洞里有多少个位子? |
[24:32] | – What bunker? – The president’s. | 在地洞里有多少个位子? 什么地洞? 总统的地洞 |
[24:34] | I mean, there’s space for a bunch of people, right? | 什么地洞? 总统的地洞 那里应该可以容纳很多人吧? |
[24:36] | – You throwing a party? – If the asteroid hits… | 那里应该可以容纳很多人吧? 妳要办派对吗? 要是行星要撞过来… |
[24:39] | …and the president, the first lady and senior staff are in China… | 妳要办派对吗? 要是行星要撞过来… 而总统,第一夫人 还有八成的资深幕僚都在中国… |
[24:43] | …don’t you think we ought to sort out who takes their spots? | 你不觉得我们应该安排 人来顶替他们的位子吗? |
[24:46] | Are you on the National Security Council? | 妳何时进入国家安全会议的 |
[24:48] | Did I miss that? | 妳何时进入国家安全会议的 我怎么不知道? |
[24:50] | Clearly, you should go. | 我怎么不知道? 显然,你就应该去 |
[24:51] | – That’s one. – In the name of all that is holy. | 显然,你就应该去 那就是一个 真是名正言顺 |
[24:54] | You might want me there to help out, is all I’m saying. | 那就是一个 真是名正言顺 我只是想,你到时候 应该会需要我去帮忙 |
[24:59] | Season’s greetings. | 佳节快乐 |
[25:00] | Margaret’s booking rooms for the Apocalypse. | 佳节快乐 玛格丽特正在为 世界末日安排房间 |
[25:02] | I gotta get a flashlight. | 玛格丽特正在为 世界末日安排房间 我得去买手电筒 |
[25:04] | – Pick your dream candidate yet? – I don’t know how this works. | 我得去买手电筒 选好你的梦幻候选人了没? 我不知道该怎么选 |
[25:07] | You pick the smartest, most capable… | 你就选一个最聪明,最能干… |
[25:09] | …most honorable individual you can think of and you have a conversation. | 你就选一个最聪明,最能干… 你能想到最有荣誉感的人 然后跟他谈谈 |
[25:13] | Ideally… | 理想的情况下… |
[25:15] | …before the New Hampshire filing deadline. | 理想的情况下… 最好是等到新罕布夏 登记参选截止日 |
[25:18] | I can’t pick up and leave to go run a campaign… | 我可不能随便放下白宫所有的事… |
[25:21] | …for some dark horse I pulled out of a cornfield. | 我可不能随便放下白宫所有的事… 去帮我从玉米田里 找出来的黑马竞选 |
[25:23] | I did. | 我就做过 |
[25:26] | Come on, who’s on the wish list? | 我就做过 别这样,到底谁在名单上? |
[25:29] | I don’t know. There’s this one guy. | 我不知道,是有一个人 |
[25:33] | No, it’s a stupid idea. | 不,这是个笨主意 |
[25:36] | There are no stupid ideas. | 不,这是个笨主意 没有什么主意是笨的 |
[25:38] | Well, there are. I don’t know why people say that. | 没有什么主意是笨的 不,的确有 我不知道为何大家都这么说 |
[25:40] | But give it a whirl. | 不,的确有 我不知道为何大家都这么说 去试试看 |
[25:43] | The president can’t move his legs. | 去试试看 总统连腿都不能动 |
[25:45] | NASA’s wondering if the next ice age starts on Tuesday. I gotta… | 总统连腿都不能动 太空总署正在思考下次冰河时期 会不会从星期二开始,我得… |
[25:49] | …stay here, finish what I started. | 留在这里把工作做完 |
[25:51] | It doesn’t finish, Josh. It keeps going. | 留在这里把工作做完 做不完的,乔西 永远做不完的 |
[25:58] | Our current policy… | 我们的货币政策是… |
[26:01] | …is designed to ensure stability as we transition… | (第二天) 针对了在转型为资本主义 经济体制的过程中 |
[26:04] | …towards a capitalist economic model. | 维持稳定而设计的 |
[26:08] | Certainly. | 当然 |
[26:10] | But it’s driving our manufacturers out of the market. | 当然 不过却把我们的制造商 逼得走投无路 |
[26:18] | I will consult with the finance minister. | 我会跟我们的财政部长研究 |
[26:21] | – We can talk about this in the afternoon. – No. | 我会跟我们的财政部长研究 我们下午再谈吧 不行 |
[26:25] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:28] | We need to move on this afternoon. | 我们下午应该开始新议题 |
[26:33] | We need to discuss other items on the agenda this afternoon. | 下午我们得开始讨论 议程上的下一个事项 |
[26:39] | The finance minister has discussed this… | 财政部长已经和… |
[26:42] | …with the International Monetary Fund in Washington. | 华府的国际货币基金谈过了 |
[26:45] | I cannot make a decision before I speak with the finance minister. | 在我和财政部长谈过之前 我无法做出决定 |
[26:50] | – You briefing? – I don’t brief. | 妳要去做简报? 我不做简报的 |
[26:52] | – I read prepared statements. – Well, the pressroom’s… | 妳要去做简报? 我不做简报的 我只会照本宣科 可是,媒体是已经… |
[26:55] | Doing laps. Not ready to go in yet. | 我在绕圈,还不准备进去 |
[26:57] | The president just signed for the federal infrastructure investments. | 我在绕圈,还不准备进去 总统刚刚签署了 联邦公共工程投资案 |
[27:01] | – In China? – While juggling a rickshaw and pagoda. | 在中国签的? 对,同时还忙著跟他们周旋 |
[27:04] | Great. This is good. | 在中国签的? 对,同时还忙著跟他们周旋 太好了,这是好现象 |
[27:07] | – You okay? – Press just got wind of the asteroid. | 妳还好吗? 媒体刚得到小行星的消息 |
[27:10] | It’s bad enough with just the paralyzed president. | 光是一个瘫痪的总统 就已经够糟了,简直是火上加油 |
[27:13] | – Briefing on the asteroid? – I don’t brief. But if I did… | 光是一个瘫痪的总统 就已经够糟了,简直是火上加油 妳要简报小行星的事吗? 我不做简报,即使我做了… |
[27:16] | – …no comment. – What are you gonna do? | 妳要简报小行星的事吗? 我不做简报,即使我做了… 太空总署也不希望我们发表意见 那妳会怎么办? |
[27:18] | I’m gonna read the president’s order on protection of infrastructure investments. | 太空总署也不希望我们发表意见 那妳会怎么办? 我会进去,我会宣读总统在 保护投资公共工程上的所做的指示 |
[27:24] | Hopefully they’ve calmed down. | 希望他们会冷静下来 |
[27:27] | – Okay, you missed it again. – I’m just… I’m gonna take another lap. | 好,妳又错过了 我…我还要再绕一圈 |
[27:32] | Four hundred meters, so if it hits here in the Pacific, we’ve got a tsunami. | 直径四百公尺,要是掉进太平洋 我们就会有海啸 |
[27:37] | Takes out 70, maybe 80 percent of California and the Pacific Northwest. | 会淹没百分之七十甚至八十的 加州和西北沿岸 |
[27:42] | Yeah, come on in. | 请进 |
[27:44] | Hitting dry land, obliterating a city, is frankly the optimal scenario. | 请进 坦白地说,最理想的情况是 撞击陆地,毁掉一个城市 |
[27:49] | – At least the damage is contained. – This is cheery. | 至少我们破坏力不会扩张 你还真是乐观 |
[27:51] | They got a good look at it from Near-Earth Asteroid Tracking in Maui. | 至少我们破坏力不会扩张 你还真是乐观 他们从茂宜岛上的 近地小行星追踪得到清楚影像 |
[27:55] | They’ve determined it’s either bigger and farther away or smaller and closer. | 他们认为这颗小行星 不是更大更远,就是更小更近 |
[28:01] | – Helpful. – How’s it going with Lian? | 真有帮助 跟连国家主席谈得如何? |
[28:03] | – He’s dragging his heels. – On exchange rates? | 真有帮助 跟连国家主席谈得如何? 他在玩拖延战术 关于汇率问题? |
[28:06] | Says they’re not ready to float the yuan, but he’ll talk with the finance minister. | 他在玩拖延战术 关于汇率问题? 说他们不准备让人民币升值 不过他会和财政部长研究研究 |
[28:10] | – Did you bring up Shang? – The former president? | 你有没有提起尚国家主席? 前任总理? |
[28:13] | We talked about this years ago. | 你有没有提起尚国家主席? 前任总理? 我们在三年前就谈过这件事 |
[28:15] | He said it would take two years to make the transition. | 我们在三年前就谈过这件事 他说过渡期最多是两年 |
[28:18] | They’ll say it took longer. | 他们说其实需要更久 |
[28:19] | Bring up Shang because he’s a more powerful figure. | 他们说其实需要更久 把尚主席搬出来 他比较有影响力 |
[28:22] | Probably still is. Lian is threatened by the very notion of Shang. | 把尚主席搬出来 他比较有影响力 现在可能还是 连还是得背负尚的压力做事 |
[28:26] | You get leverage just by using his name. | 光提到他的名字,你就扳回一成 |
[28:28] | – We’ll bring it up. – You can’t go back on exchange rates. | 光提到他的名字,你就扳回一成 等我们回去,会提出来 你不能再回头提汇率的事 |
[28:31] | You gotta move on. North Korea’s gonna get swept off the table. | 要往下继续谈 不然,北韩的事会被挤掉 |
[28:35] | There’s a lot of American jobs on the line. | 可是有很多美国人因此失业 |
[28:37] | Job loss is gonna seem like cake in the face of nuclear chess. | 可是有很多美国人因此失业 跟谈判核武威胁比起来 失业率只是很微不足道 |
[28:41] | You can’t let them walk all over you. | 你们不能让他们得寸进尺 |
[28:49] | The real nightmare scenario is here. The great forest of the North. | 最可怕的是 发生在北部的大森林 |
[28:53] | – Russia? -4.3 million square miles of dense forest. | 俄国? 430万平方哩的茂密森林 |
[28:58] | The asteroid hits here… | 要是小行星掉到这里… |
[29:00] | …a shower of burning rock rains down on those woods… | 要是小行星掉到这里… 无数颗小火球掉到这些树上… |
[29:04] | …starts a fire that burns… | 会引起大火… |
[29:07] | …until it shrouds the hemisphere in a blanket of soot and ash… | 延烧整个北半球 造成的烟雾… |
[29:11] | …that blocks out the sun for weeks. | 将把阳光遮蔽数周 |
[29:13] | Impact winter, they call it. | 将把阳光遮蔽数周 这现象叫做,冬季冲击 |
[29:15] | Mr. Vice President. | 这现象叫做,冬季冲击 副总统 |
[29:17] | – Merry Christmas, sir. – Leo. | 副总统 圣诞快乐 里奥 |
[29:19] | I heard you were visiting. | 圣诞快乐 里奥 我听说你来看我们 |
[29:21] | Helping out for a couple of days. | 我听说你来看我们 这几天我是来帮忙的 |
[29:23] | – On your way to the Cabinet Room? – Get some folks, see if we can’t pitch in. | 这几天我是来帮忙的 你正要到内阁会议室? 找了几个人,看能不能帮上忙 |
[29:27] | Mind if I join you? | 我可以参加吗? |
[29:29] | Sure. That’d be great. | 我可以参加吗? 当然,那太好了 |
[29:33] | – Did you put in Kyle? – Who’s Kyle? | 有没有把凯儿放进去 凯儿是谁? |
[29:35] | From NIH. With the blond and the cowlick. | 有没有把凯儿放进去 凯儿是谁? 国家卫生研究院的人 她拥有一头金色卷发 |
[29:38] | Kyle’s there, Dan Rosten’s there. | 凯儿在,丹罗斯腾也在 |
[29:40] | Can I get the Approps guidelines? | 凯儿在,丹罗斯腾也在 可以给我一份航天经费 使用守则吗? |
[29:43] | Sure. | 可以给我一份航天经费 使用守则吗? 当然 |
[29:45] | Oh, my gosh. The VP. | 当然 糟了,副总统 |
[29:47] | – What you got? – Nothing. | 糟了,副总统 妳手上的是什么? 没什么 |
[29:48] | – You seen Leo? – He’ll be back in 10. | 妳手上的是什么? 没什么 有没有看到里奥? 他十分钟后回来 |
[29:52] | – Bunker? Let me see that. – Hey! | 地洞?给我瞧瞧 别这样 |
[29:54] | Forgot the vice president. Some Dan’s there, but no VP. | 地洞?给我瞧瞧 别这样 妳把副总统忘了 有个叫丹的,却没有副总统 |
[29:57] | I just put him in. | 妳把副总统忘了 有个叫丹的,却没有副总统 我刚放进去了 |
[29:59] | – What? – Bunker spots in case of annihilation. | 我刚放进去了 这是什么? 世界末日时,进入地洞的名单 |
[30:02] | Somebody needs to repopulate. | 要有人负责繁衍人类 |
[30:04] | – Who’s Dan? – The UPS guy. Wears the shorts. | 要有人负责繁衍人类 丹是谁? 那个穿著短裤的快递人员 |
[30:07] | You’re going for beefcake? | 丹是谁? 那个穿著短裤的快递人员 你要选那个大块头? |
[30:09] | That’s how you wanna regenerate the people? | 你要选那个大块头? 美国人要靠他来持续繁衍? |
[30:11] | – Sure, he’ll kill you an elk for dinner. – Assuming we have elk. | 美国人要靠他来持续繁衍? 当然,他会为你杀麋鹿做晚餐 如果我们还有麋鹿的话 |
[30:14] | – You gonna put an elk in? – Somebody’s gotta invent the telephone. | 你会把麋鹿放进去吗? 还要有人发明电话 |
[30:18] | A couple of thinkers, maybe. | 可能要放几个思想家 |
[30:20] | How you doing, Will? | 可能要放几个思想家 你好吗?威尔 |
[30:24] | – Think you could? – What? | 你可以胜任吗? 胜任什么? |
[30:25] | – Reinvent the telephone? – No. | 你可以胜任吗? 胜任什么? 发明电话? 不行 |
[30:27] | – Me neither. – I need you. | 发明电话? 不行 我也不行 我需要你 |
[30:28] | – See? Put me on the list. – We’re having our conversation. | 我也不行 我需要你 你看?叫他们把我放进去 我们现在就去谈谈 |
[30:32] | Is it irresponsible for me to leave this administration… | 如果我在这个任期结束之前 就离开这里… |
[30:35] | – …before the end of the term? – About me, not you. | 会不会很不负责任? 我们要谈的是我,不是你 |
[30:37] | – I gotta get to the OEOB. – Talk to me. | 会不会很不负责任? 我们要谈的是我,不是你 我得到旧行政办工大楼去 你要跟我谈谈 |
[30:40] | – You have to. – Very demanding today. | 我得到旧行政办工大楼去 你要跟我谈谈 你非跟我谈不可 妳今天要求很多 |
[30:42] | You and Leo, who thinks I should wander in search of the next president. | 你非跟我谈不可 妳今天要求很多 妳和里奥都认为我该去 寻找下一个总统 |
[30:46] | I quit. | 我不干了 |
[30:48] | What? | 我不干了 什么? |
[30:51] | – No, you don’t. Walk with me. – Look at my face. I’m not kidding. | 什么? 不行,妳跟我一起走 看著我,我不是开玩笑的 |
[30:54] | – Donna. – There’ll be a temp here tomorrow. | 唐娜 明天会有临时雇员来 |
[30:57] | – I canceled. It was crappy of me. – This is what we were gonna talk about. | 唐娜 明天会有临时雇员来 我取消午餐约定,是我的错 这就是我原先想跟你谈的 |
[31:01] | – Tomorrow? – About my job, though working for you… | 就在明天? 关于我的工作,虽然跟你共事… |
[31:05] | …is an honor, I’m ready for more… | 是很光荣的事,可是我想要更多… |
[31:07] | – …and I’ve started looking… – Slow down. | 是很光荣的事,可是我想要更多… 我已经开始在找了… 慢慢来 |
[31:10] | We’ll talk. Absolutely. You’re right. Tomorrow. Lunch. You and me. | 我已经开始在找了… 慢慢来 我们来谈谈,真的,妳说得对 明天午餐,就只有妳跟我 |
[31:16] | She quits. | 她不干了 |
[31:20] | Ted Barrow said they made progress in the Taiwan conversations today. | 泰德贝洛说 今天在台湾议题上有进展 |
[31:25] | Are you happy with where they landed? | 你对他们的结论还满意吗? |
[31:32] | I talked to Liz. | 我和丽兹通了话 |
[31:35] | She and Doug are gonna bring the kids for Christmas. | 我和丽兹通了话 她和道格圣诞节会带孩子回来 |
[31:37] | They said they may even persuade Zoey to make an appearance. | 她和道格圣诞节会带孩子回来 她们说要设法说服 柔伊回来 |
[31:41] | They had other plans. | 他们有别的事要忙 |
[31:43] | I’m not dying. There’s no need to rush to the bedside. | 他们有别的事要忙 我又不是要死了 不必急著把大家都叫回来 |
[31:48] | Did you talk to Lian about the AIDS clinics? | 你有没有和连国家主席 谈到爱滋病医疗中心? |
[31:52] | Jed? | 杰德? |
[31:54] | Jed. | 杰德? 杰德 |
[31:56] | – What the hell are you doing? – Brushing. | 杰德 你到底在做什么? 我在刷牙 |
[31:59] | Oh, you’re gonna crack your head. | 你到底在做什么? 我在刷牙 你会撞倒头的 |
[32:01] | – I’m fine. – Please. You’re not stable. | 你会撞倒头的 我没事 拜托你,你病情还没稳定 |
[32:04] | – Leave it alone. – This chair is not locking. | 我没事 拜托你,你病情还没稳定 别管我 椅子没有锁好 |
[32:07] | – For God’s sake… – Jed! Michael! Michael! | 你真是的… 杰德…麦可… |
[32:11] | Jed, you okay? | 杰德,你还好吗? |
[32:16] | – Up here, sir. – I am fine. Get out. That’s an order. | 坐上来,长官 我没事,出去,这是命令 |
[32:19] | – Jed, please. – Go. | 杰德,别这样 快走 |
[32:22] | It’s okay, it’s okay. | 杰德,别这样 快走 没事了… |
[32:23] | Okay. | 没事了… 好 |
[32:25] | – So now will you let me…? – Don’t touch me. | 好 你现在要不要让我… 别碰我 |
[32:38] | What the hell am I doing here? | 我到底在这里做什么? |
[32:42] | – Apparently you like the tile. – Abigail, I swear to God…. | 显然你很喜欢这个磁砖 艾碧,我发誓… |
[32:46] | Wasted time. | 白白浪费时间 |
[32:50] | No, it’s not. | 才没有 |
[32:52] | Maybe you’re not gonna skin the whole cat… | 才没有 虽然你没有把所有问题解决… |
[32:55] | – …but you’ll make headway. – Is that so? | 但你会让事情有进展 是吗? |
[32:58] | – You’ll get your North Korea talks. – Are you out of your mind? | 但你会让事情有进展 是吗? 你一定能谈到北韩的事 妳疯了吗? |
[33:02] | Lian’s walking all over my staff. | 连国家主席把我的幕僚吃得死死的 |
[33:04] | I’m in one meeting a day. | 连国家主席把我的幕僚吃得死死的 我一天只参加一场会议 |
[33:06] | All they did was feed me tea made with Tienchin ginseng and deer-horn glue. | 我一天只参加一场会议 他们只顾著喂我喝 天津人参和鹿茸做的茶 |
[33:12] | You see, it’s the thing for the nerve damage. | 说是治疗神经损伤的 |
[33:15] | But that meant I had to piss every 12 minutes… | 结果害我每12分钟 就得上厕所… |
[33:18] | …which is more of an ordeal than it was when I was able to stand. | 结果害我每12分钟 就得上厕所… 我要是能够站著 就不会这么痛苦 |
[33:22] | The new kid, Curtis, and I are becoming very close. | 那个新来的小子,柯帝士 我们可是越来越亲密了 |
[33:24] | – Whatever it takes. – Didn’t have time to get to the… | 那个新来的小子,柯帝士 我们可是越来越亲密了 只要有帮助就好 这次没时间谈到… |
[33:27] | …AIDS clinics. I was trying to make headway on the exchange rates. | 爱滋医疗中心的事 我还想要让他们在汇率上让步 |
[33:31] | Lian just sits there and smiles and goes on and on about the ginseng… | 连国家主席只会坐在那里微笑 一直不断的说人参… |
[33:35] | …and my circulation. | 对我的血液循环有多好 |
[33:37] | This is their dream come true, me stuck in that damn wheelchair! | 对我的血液循环有多好 这下他们可得意了 我得困在这个轮椅里面 |
[33:41] | – Tell your staff to bring it up tomorrow. – I tried that. Do you hear? | 叫你的幕僚明天要提出来 我试过了,妳没听懂吗? |
[33:44] | Decisions are made in the room. I am not in the room! | 决定是在会议室里做的 而我人不在里面 |
[33:48] | I can’t do the job, Abbey. Do you understand? I can’t do it. | 我无能为力,艾碧 妳懂吗?我无能为力 |
[33:52] | I cannot do the job. | 我根本做不来 |
[33:55] | Look at me! | 我根本做不来 妳看我 |
[33:57] | Look at me! | 妳看我 妳看著我 |
[34:20] | A few shots signing the agreement, a handshake with Lian. | 签署合约时拍几张 然后拍下跟连国家主席握手 |
[34:25] | It’s the White House photographer, so we can shoot chest up if you’d like. | (第三天) 是白宫的摄影师,如果你要的话 我们可以只照上半身 |
[34:29] | You can get a cardboard cutout. They have those, don’t they? | 你可以找张人形纸板 他们不是都有那种东西吗? |
[34:32] | Mr. President, it’s not all we hoped for, but we’re laying groundwork. | 总统先生,事情可能不尽如人意 不过,我们正在为未来铺路 |
[34:37] | The secretary of state’ll come back, take a stab at the North Korea talks. | 国务卿下个月会回来 尝试谈谈北韩的问题 |
[34:43] | We’ll knock this off as quick as we can, then we’re back on the plane. | 我们尽快把这件事解决 然后就上飞机走人 |
[34:48] | The asteroid has entered our daylight. | 小行星已经靠近了 |
[34:53] | No getting another look. | 我们还没看到新的影像 |
[34:56] | Now we just wait for loud noises. | 我们还没看到新的影像 现在,只有等著听到巨大声响 |
[35:00] | Let’s go take some pictures. | 我们去拍照吧 |
[35:05] | I’m sorry we weren’t able to arrange a one-on-one meeting. | 很抱歉,不能安排一对一的会面 |
[35:11] | We had many fruitful conversations with your advisors. | 我们和你的顾问之间的会谈 很有建设性 |
[35:14] | Yes, yes. | 是的… |
[35:17] | Now just the two presidents, please. | 来拍只有两位总统的照片 |
[35:20] | If you could all step aside. Thank you. | 来拍只有两位总统的照片 请各位先移开,谢谢 |
[35:24] | I wonder if it would be possible to say hello… | 在我们离开之前 不知道可不可以 |
[35:27] | …to former President Shang before we left the country. | 和尚前国家主席打个招呼 |
[35:32] | I met with him on a number of occasions, as you know… | 我过去和他在许多场合见过面 |
[35:35] | …and our talks were always exceptionally fruitful. | 我们之间的对话 一直都很有建设性 |
[35:39] | It would be nice to sit together again. | 如果可以和他再坐在一起就好了 |
[35:43] | Just two old men. | 就是两个老头子 |
[35:50] | You speak pretty good English, don’t you? | 你的英文说得很好吧? |
[35:55] | You got enough? It’s just a handshake you need? | 照够了吗? 是不是只需要握手的部分? |
[35:58] | – C.J., they’re going. – Who? | 照够了吗? 是不是只需要握手的部分? 茜洁,他们要走了 谁? |
[36:01] | What…? | 什么? |
[36:10] | Budgets from everyone but Transportation. | 除了交通部,大家的预算都得到了 |
[36:12] | They said you knew why. | 除了交通部,大家的预算都得到了 他们说你知道原因是什么 |
[36:14] | – You ever work on a campaign? – No. | 他们说你知道原因是什么 你有没有在竞选团队工作过? 没有 |
[36:16] | – How about the next one? – The presidential? | 你有没有在竞选团队工作过? 没有 想不想在下一个试试? 我是说总统选举 |
[36:19] | – Maybe. I don’t know. – Josh. | 想不想在下一个试试? 我是说总统选举 有可能,我不知道 乔西 |
[36:20] | Assuming we get something from Transportation… | 有可能,我不知道 乔西 如果我们可以得到交通部的资料… |
[36:23] | …C.J.’s gonna want copies so she can look at them before she talks to OMB. | 如果我们可以得到交通部的资料… 茜洁会想在和预算管理局谈之前 把这些都看一遍 |
[36:29] | Ladies and gentlemen. | 各位女士先生 |
[36:31] | The asteroid has passed us. The world is not ending today. | 各位女士先生 小行星飞越我们了 今天不是世界末日 |
[36:38] | “Asteroid ASO0267… | 〝编号AS00267的小行星… |
[36:41] | …traveling at a speed of 22,356 miles per hour… | 以每小时 22356哩的速度… |
[36:44] | …missed the Earth’s atmosphere by 73,400 miles… | 以距离地球大气层 73400哩的距离飞越 |
[36:48] | …and is now receding toward the sun. “ | 直朝著太阳前进〞 |
[36:51] | How long can he sit up? | 他可以坐多久? |
[36:53] | – Doctor said maybe 30 minutes. – What are we at now? | 他可以坐多久? |
[36:57] | Seventy-two. | 医生说可能有30分钟 现在几分钟了? |
[36:59] | He wanted to know how much uranium the South Koreans enriched on that test. | 他想知道南韩在核试时 用了多少铀 |
[37:04] | – Because? – I don’t know. | 这是因为? 我不知道 |
[37:06] | He asked for the numbers, then he kicked me back out. | 这是因为? 我不知道 他问了问题 然后马上把我踢出来 |
[37:09] | Ms. Cregg, the president would like the translators back in there. | 葛瑞女士,总统想请翻译进去 |
[37:13] | Gentlemen… | 男士们… |
[37:15] | …would you go back in, please? | 男士们… 麻烦请你们进去 |
[37:17] | Leo. | 麻烦请你们进去 里奥 |
[37:19] | Leo? The president’s in a room with Lian. They won’t let anybody in there. | 里奥 里奥?总统和连国家主席在房里 他们不让任何人进去 |
[37:23] | They’re talking about God knows what. The surgeon general predicted… | 谁知道他们在谈些什么 卫生部长说… |
[37:27] | …he’d flop over dead if he kept at it this long. | 如果他再拖久一点就会死掉 |
[37:29] | I was gonna tell you the world’s not ending. Maybe it is. | 如果他再拖久一点就会死掉 我只是要告诉妳还没到世界末日 搞不好还是会来 |
[37:32] | – The asteroid passed. – It passed. We live to fight another day. | 小行星飞越我们了 飞越了,我们又撑过一天 |
[37:37] | – Wasn’t wheels-up a half-hour ago? – That was the idea. | 飞机不是该在半小时前升空吗? 本来是的 |
[37:43] | – Hi. – Can I help you? | 妳好 有什么事吗? |
[37:46] | – Where’s Donna? – Who’s Donna? | 唐娜在哪里? 唐娜是谁? |
[37:50] | You’re sitting in her chair. | 妳坐在她的位子上 |
[37:51] | – The blond girl? – Yeah. | 妳坐在她的位子上 那个金发的小姐? 对 |
[37:54] | I’m Marla Whorisky. I’m covering this desk for a few days. Need something? | 那个金发的小姐? 对 我是玛拉霍利斯基 我来帮忙几天,有事吗? |
[37:58] | I’m Josh Lyman. What do you…? | 我是乔西赖曼,妳是…? |
[38:02] | You’re a temp. She’ll be back in a few days, you said? | 妳是来代班的 过几天她就会回来? |
[38:05] | She got a new job, I think. I’ve got her cell if you wanna give her a call. | 我猜她找到新工作了 我有她的手机号码,你可以打给她 |
[38:13] | You have to pull him. This is not a good idea. | 妳得去把他拖出来 这样下去不太好 |
[38:15] | If he’s having trouble, he’ll say so. | 妳得去把他拖出来 这样下去不太好 如果他有问题,他自己会说的 |
[38:17] | – It’s been an hour and 40 minutes. – I know. | 如果他有问题,他自己会说的 已经过了1小时又40分钟了 我知道 |
[38:20] | I mean, there’s a cost at this stage in his disease. | 已经过了1小时又40分钟了 我知道 这对他的病情很不利 |
[38:24] | The president’s made his choice. He’ll come out when he wants to come out. | 这是总统自己的决定 他想出来的时候就会出来 |
[38:28] | – Here they come. – Finally. | 他们出来了 终于 |
[38:30] | Check that carefully. Their translator’s spelling ain’t what he thinks it is. | 他们出来了 终于 仔细检查一遍 他们的翻译拼字不太行 |
[38:34] | – It’s about time. – He’s a talker. | 是时候了 他话很多嘛 |
[38:38] | – What the hell is it? – It’s a seating arrangement. | 这是什么东西? 座位表 |
[38:42] | The North Korea talks. | 北韩议题 |
[38:52] | Donna quit. | 唐娜不干了 |
[38:55] | – Donna Moss. – She’s gone. | 唐娜不干了 唐娜摩斯 她走了 |
[38:59] | – You piss her off? – I don’t know. | 你把她气跑了? 我不知道 |
[39:02] | – She has a new job. – Good for her. | 她找到新工作了 那很好啊 |
[39:05] | See, I tried to tell you this. People move on. | 我早就试著要告诉你 每个人都会往前走 |
[39:20] | Marla, I need a plane reservation quickly. I need to go to Houston. | 玛拉,我马上要订机位 到休士顿去 |
[39:24] | Texas? | 德州吗? |
[39:26] | – Yes. – Hang on. Hang on. Let me get a pen. | 德州吗? 对 等等,我先找支笔 |
[39:29] | – Put me on the next flight to Houston. – All right. | 我要坐下一班到休士顿的飞机 好 |
[39:38] | – I could kiss you on your married mouth. – Watch yourself. | 我要好好亲你这张结过婚的嘴 你小心点 |
[39:41] | You give in on satellites? | 你要给与他们卫星技术吗? |
[39:42] | – Yes, but on a five-year plan. – Buys us time on nonmilitary uses. | 你要给与他们卫星技术吗? 对,不过分五年 有时间讨论非军事用途的事宜 |
[39:46] | You’ve got potential, sir. You ought to think about running for office. | 你很有潜力 你该考虑参选总统 |
[39:50] | I want Leo. Have you seen my cell? | 我要找里奥 有没有看到我的手机? |
[39:52] | I gave it to somebody. | 我要找里奥 有没有看到我的手机? 我给了别人 |
[39:54] | I want to tell Leo this son of a gun just lassoed us a North Korea summit. | 我给了别人 我要告诉里奥,这混小子 刚刚帮我们弄到了北韩高峰会 |
[39:59] | – The man is a force of nature. – I want a tape. | 这个人真是神 我要录音带 |
[40:01] | Curtis, the only member of the administration… | 这个人真是神 我要录音带 柯帝士是幕僚中 |
[40:04] | …to witness the negotiation for what may be the summit of the century. | 柯帝士是幕僚中 唯一目睹这场可能是世纪高峰会的 全程谈判过程 |
[40:08] | Did he not sneak on a tape recorder? | 他有没有藏个录音机进去? |
[40:10] | – I don’t think he did. – A wasted opportunity. | 他有没有藏个录音机进去? 我想应该没有 错失良机 |
[40:13] | They’re planning a ticker-tape parade out there. | 他们正在外面准备大肆庆祝 |
[40:21] | You sweat right through your clothes. | 你的汗把衣服都弄湿透了 |
[40:24] | Better get you out of this chair. Come on, Curtis, give me a hand. | 最好把你弄起来 来,柯帝士,帮我一把 |
[40:27] | I need… I need a minute. | 我要…我需要休息一下 |
[40:30] | Milly. | 我要…我需要休息一下 米莉 |
[40:36] | April. Two days of talks in Beijing with North Korea, South Korea… | 四月,到北京跟北韩讨论两天 南韩… |
[40:41] | – Japan. | – Japan. 日本 日本 |
[40:42] | China’s agreed to get aggressive with North Korea if the inspections fall apart. | 日本 日本 中国答应如果武检不成功的话 会对北韩采取强硬态度 |
[40:49] | We had none of this. We were bailing on the whole idea. | 我们一点都没做到 我们放弃了整个计划 |
[40:54] | Leo, let me call you back. | 里奥,我再回你电话 (休士顿,德州) |
[41:15] | That’s your angel. You broke the wings off the angel. | 这是你的天使 你把天使的翅膀弄断了 |
[41:22] | Put that angel down. Put it down. | 把天使放下,放下 |
[41:24] | Put that angel down right now. Put it down! | 把天使放下,放下 马上把天使放下 放下来 |
[41:29] | Hi. | 你好 |
[41:31] | – How you doing? – You lost? | 你好 你好吗? 你迷路了吗? |
[41:33] | Could be. | 你好吗? 你迷路了吗? 有可能 |
[41:35] | Come on in. | 有可能 快进来 |
[41:39] | I’m sorry to bug you at home, but there wasn’t time to wait for you to get back. | 很抱歉,我到你家来打扰 可是我没时间等你回华府了 |
[41:44] | – I’m there next week. – I’m on a bit of a deadline. | 我下周就回去 我有点在赶时间 |
[41:48] | – It’s a filing deadline. – Oh, Josh, Josh, Josh. | 登记参选快截止了 乔西… |
[41:52] | – Matt? – It’s a little crazy, I know. | 麦特? 我知道,这很疯狂 |
[41:56] | I’m not running for Congress again. Now, you came a long way. | 我不会再选众议员了 你这么老远跑来 |
[41:59] | – I’m sorry about that. But it’s just… – I’m not talking about Congress. | 对不起,只是… 我不是指众议员 |
[42:05] | Matt, where’s the box for the tinsel, honey? Have you seen it anywhere? | 麦特,放圣诞装饰的盒子在哪儿? 你有没有看到? |