时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:08] | – What are you doing? – Excuse me? | 妳以为妳在做什么? 你说什么? |
[00:10] | We don’t push agendas here. | 我们在这里不推销议题 |
[00:13] | I don’t believe I am. | 我想我没有 |
[00:14] | I was in a lockdown for 77 hours once. | 我曾经被关过七十七小时 |
[00:17] | – Where was that? – Overseas. | 在哪里? 国外 |
[00:18] | Okay. I get it. CIA. | 喔,我懂了,中央情报局 |
[00:21] | I could look you up. I have code word clearance. | 我可以查妳 我有通关密语 |
[00:24] | Not this code, you don’t. | 这个不一样,你没有 |
[00:26] | We have the ability to effect more change in a day at the White House… | 我们在白宫一天内所能造成的影响 |
[00:30] | …than we have in a lifetime once we walk out these doors. | 比我们离开白宫后的一辈子要多 |
[00:33] | What do you wanna do with them? | 你们要如何运用? 剧名:九十哩外 (星期一早上) (外语) |
[01:52] | – Leo, you know what time it is? – Good morning, Mr. President. | 里奥,你知道现在是几点吗? 早安,总统先生 |
[01:56] | I’ll be the judge of that. It’s a little after 5 a. m. | 这得由我来判断 现在刚过5点 |
[02:00] | -5: 13, to be precise. – It wasn’t my favorite thing, calling you. | 正确地说是5点13分 我并不喜欢打电话给你 |
[02:04] | – Yeah, I had to run the gauntlet upstairs. – That can be special. | 对,我得穿过楼上的火网 那一定很特别 |
[02:09] | “The world breaks everyone, and afterwards many are strong… | 〝对大家来说世界崩溃了 之后许多人在残破不堪的地方〞 |
[02:13] | …at the broken places. But those that will not break, it kills. | 〝坚强地活著 但完整无缺的地方变得邪恶〞 |
[02:16] | It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. “ | 〝它害死了那些好人 跟那些非常勇敢的人〞 |
[02:22] | When he was good, he was very, very good, and when he was bad, he was… | 他乖的时候非常乖 耍起脾气时… |
[02:25] | Hemingway was a monster. He hated his mother… | 海明威就像一头野兽 他恨自己的母亲 |
[02:28] | …treated four wives miserably, trashed his friends, grew paranoid… | 虐待四任太太 糟蹋朋友,变得非常偏执 |
[02:31] | …had breakdowns. Like his father, killed himself. | 最后他崩溃了 他跟他父亲一样自杀身亡 |
[02:34] | Well, aside from all that, why are you harassing me at 5: 13 a. m.? | 除此之外你为什么 要在早上5点13分吵醒我? |
[02:38] | I’ve been on the phone. There’s a rumor about Castro. | 我打了好几通电话 有一个关于卡斯楚的谣言 |
[02:41] | – There’s always rumors about him. – And at some point, they’ll be true. | 关于他的谣言满天飞 有时候它们是真的 |
[02:45] | We’ve been laying groundwork and making progress. Slow, granted. | 我们已经派出卧底干员 有些消息回传,但速度真的很慢 |
[02:48] | – A year. Who’s counting? – If the talks we’ve cobbled together… | 一年了,谁在乎呢? 如果我们跟古巴那边 |
[02:51] | …with Cuba blow up, and this number reaches zero, and we’ve got nothing… | 安排好的会谈泡汤了 这真的是谣言,我们没有证据 |
[02:55] | – …to show for it… – For this, you’re reading Hemingway? | 能够证明… 所以你看海明威的小说? |
[02:58] | – It’s been 10 years. – I remember. | 已经十年了 我记得 |
[03:01] | In 30 days, you read the complete works of. | 三十天后你会看到完整的报告 |
[03:03] | It was hot. It was dry. I had time on my hands. | 那里又热又干,我有的是时间 |
[03:07] | Changed my life. Well… | 改变我的人生 |
[03:10] | – …not Hemingway, exactly. – Sierra Tucson can do that. | 当然不像海明威那样 到土桑山脊就行了 |
[03:13] | Sir. | 长官 |
[03:16] | I’ve got an idea. | 我有个点子 |
[03:24] | – Charlie, have you seen Leo? – He’s gone. | 查理,你有看到里奥吗? 他离开了 |
[03:27] | – Gone? – I saw him packing up a few hours ago. | 离开了? 几个小时前我看到他在打包行李 |
[03:30] | – That would be night. – Yeah, it was still dark out. | 天还没亮 没错,那时还很暗 |
[03:37] | you made it successfully. | 马加瑞先生,你平安抵达了 |
[03:41] | How was your trip? | 一路还顺利吧? |
[03:43] | The boat ride wasn’t a lot of fun. | 一路还顺利吧? 搭船的那个部分不怎样 |
[03:45] | The weather, it’s been bad. | 天气一直很糟 |
[03:47] | Seemed like a good idea at the time. | 我还以为这会是个好点子 |
[03:51] | Please, enter la finca de | 请到海明威庄园 |
[03:59] | Mr. President? | 总统先生? |
[04:01] | -7:53. – It’s 7:49. | 总统先生? 7点53分 7点49分 |
[04:03] | It’s 7:53, and I had 7:53. | 是7点53分 我的表是7点53分 |
[04:06] | It doesn’t reflect kindly to what looks nothing… | 这只是让大家觉得 看起来似乎稀松平常的小事 |
[04:08] | – …so much like trying to welsh on a bet. – You requested… | 成了逃避责任的借口 你要… |
[04:11] | …the EPA’s ozone standard report. Leo had it, but… | 环保署臭氧层标准报告 里奥将它拿走了,但… |
[04:14] | We’ve been expecting you. I had 7:53, and Debbie’s watch stopped. | 我们一直在等妳,我的表是 7点53分,黛比的表停了 |
[04:18] | A small wager about how long it’d take before someone came… | 我们下了点小注 赌要过多久才会有人 |
[04:21] | – …to ask where Leo might be. – I don’t understand. | 问起里奥在哪里 我不明白 |
[04:24] | Who knew he was such a Hemingway fan that he’d go and visit his house? | 谁知道他迷海明威 迷到要去参观他家? |
[04:28] | The one in Idaho or the one with the six-toe cats in Key West? | 他在爱达荷的家 或在西威士岛有六趾猫的家? |
[04:31] | Good question, Charles Young. You know, I forgot to ask. | 好问题,查理杨 你知道吗?我忘了问他 我很高兴能到这里来 特别是到这间屋子来 它真的很需要整理 或许我们能帮忙 我想我们该快一点 那就是我来这里的原因 |
[04:54] | You admire Ernesto? | 你喜欢海明威? |
[04:56] | Very much. His writing. The best of it. | 非常喜欢,他的作品是最棒的 主演:施塔科钱宁 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:约书亚马尼纳 主演:玛丽马科麦克 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:吉米史密兹 主演:马丁辛 |
[05:55] | – The bug people are coming today. – Where’s, “Good morning,” coffee, eggs? | 今天除虫人员会过来 你何不说〝早,咖啡或蛋吗〞? |
[06:00] | There may be termites in the White House. | (星期二早上) 或许白宫有白蚁 |
[06:02] | – Hold the eggs. – Two companies wanna do tests. | 或许白宫有白蚁 我不要蛋 两家公司要过来做检查 |
[06:04] | There could be some kind of ant also. Carpenter ant. | 我不要蛋 两家公司要过来做检查 可能是某种蚂蚁,或许是木蚁 |
[06:07] | There’s fear it’s related to the outbreak of the woolly adelgid. | 大家担心这跟铁杉球蚜肆虐有关 |
[06:10] | The woolly what? | 铁杉什么? |
[06:11] | They’re attacking hemlocks in the Smoky Mountains and Virginia. | 铁杉什么? 牠们攻击维吉尼亚州 跟烟山的铁杉 |
[06:14] | – They’re closing in. – You’re making this up. | 牠们节节逼近 这是你编出来的 |
[06:17] | You gave me the briefing book. The Roosevelt or Mural Room? | 牠们节节逼近 这是你编出来的 是妳给我简报资料的 罗斯福厅或壁画厅? |
[06:20] | – Are they coming here to talk? – They might munch around. | 他们是来谈的吗? 或许牠们会吃掉我们 |
[06:23] | Munch? Just keep them far away from me, thank you. | 吃掉我们? 要牠们离我远一点,谢谢 |
[06:25] | – They handle a large constituency. – A small constituency. | 他们得处理大批白蚁 只有一点 |
[06:28] | Well, size doesn’t count. | 数量并不重要 |
[06:30] | Changing the subject, any word from Leo? | 数量并不重要 改变话题,有里奥的消息吗? |
[06:32] | – Still in Hemingway-ville, far as I know. – You know he read Hemingway? | 改变话题,有里奥的消息吗? 就我所知他还在海明威村 你知道他爱看海明威的小说吗? |
[06:36] | History, books on fishing, thrillers, Graham Greene, Charles McCarry. | 历史名著,钓鱼杂志,惊悚小说 葛兰葛林,麦克凯瑞 |
[06:39] | – You never saw him reading Hemingway? – Can’t say I did. | 你没看过他看海明威的小说? 我不能说我真的有看过 |
[06:46] | He is 79 years old, so it could be true. | 他79岁了,那有可能是真的 |
[06:48] | – Where’d the report come from? – Miami. | 他79岁了,那有可能是真的 报告是打哪里来的? 迈阿密 |
[06:50] | Well, that’s reliable. | 报告是打哪里来的? 迈阿密 可信度很高 |
[06:52] | C.J., a report’s come in the last hour that Fidel Castro’s seriously ill. | 可信度很高 茜洁,最后传来的报告指出 卡斯楚病重 |
[06:56] | – Has it been verified? – We have nothing firm yet. | 消息证实了吗? 我们还无法证实 |
[06:58] | – It’s from Miami. – It could be accurate or wishful thinking. | 消息来自迈阿密 它可真可假 |
[07:01] | There’s a lot of Chicken Little there, or it could be a cover for something. | 那边有很多四眼天鸡 或许这只是烟雾弹 |
[07:05] | There’s a history of assassination attempts, psyops forays, invasion plans. | 关于他的暗杀计划 心理战跟入侵计划多到说不完 |
[07:09] | I thought that had stopped. | 我以为大家放弃了 |
[07:10] | – The CIA did. We’re talking years ago. – It wasn’t that long ago. | 我以为大家放弃了 中情局放弃的,是十多年前的事了 应该没有那么久 |
[07:14] | – How long to nail down the information? – A rabid Cuban-American community… | 要取得情报得花多少时间? 或许这跟激进派古巴裔社区有关 |
[07:17] | …could be involved. Old zealots, young hotheads and a ton of agencies. | 制片:艾莉亚提 |
[07:21] | – FBI, DEA, NSA, NIA, INS… – Which doesn’t answer my question. | 老狂热分子,加上年轻气盛的成员 跟一大堆的情报员 联调局、移民局… 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 制片:安德鲁史登 |
[07:25] | We may never get a straight answer. Miami, South Florida, it’s Chinatown. | 那还是没有回答我的问题 或许我们永远找不到答案 南佛州迈阿密的中国城 |
[07:29] | I don’t care. Pin it down. | 我不在乎,快点去查 |
[07:35] | By the way, I haven’t collected my winnings yet. | 对了,我还没拿到我打赌赢的钱 |
[07:38] | Excuse me, I think that would be my winnings. | 对不起,我想应该是我赢了 |
[07:40] | Sir, there’s a rumor about Castro. | 长官,有个关于卡斯楚的谣言 |
[07:43] | – Pull up the drawbridge for a minute. – I’ll sound the trumpets… | 暂时拉起吊桥 我会吹喇叭 |
[07:46] | …alert the gatekeeper, get the federal government to attach your wages. | 警告守门员 要联邦政府扣你薪水 |
[07:50] | Believe me, they already do. | 相信我,他们已经那么做了 |
[07:53] | Castro’s always dying. | 卡斯楚老是命在旦夕 |
[07:55] | He’s dying from hypochondria, or the exiles are trying to kill him… | 卡斯楚老是命在旦夕 他因为忧郁症快死了 或是流亡分子想刺杀他 |
[07:59] | …or the CIA’s trying to kill him. | 或是中情局想暗杀他 |
[08:02] | He collapsed a few years ago. Same thing… | 或是中情局想暗杀他 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 几年前他崩溃过,相同地… |
[08:04] | …endless rumors. Then he reappears in fresh fatigues, trimmed beard… | 几年前他崩溃过,相同地… 谣言满天飞 编剧:约翰沙奎扬 |
[08:08] | …and launches into a speech of such length and intensity… | 后来他神清气爽地出现 发表一篇又臭又长的演说 |
[08:11] | …it would’ve put away William Jennings Bryan. | 导演:洛德赫康 连威廉詹宁斯布莱恩 都望尘莫及 |
[08:13] | NSA seems to think even if it is a false alarm, it may be significant. | 国家安全局认为即使这是假警告 都有几分的真实性 |
[08:18] | That’s kind of what Leo said. | 里奥是那么说的 |
[08:21] | Why do I feel that there’s something going on with Leo… | 为什么我觉得 除了去参观海明威的家 |
[08:24] | …besides Ernest Hemingway? | 里奥应该还有别的计划? |
[08:27] | My apologies, C.J., but before you were chief of staff… | 对不起,茜洁 但在妳担任幕僚长之前 |
[08:31] | …we began secret exploratory meetings in Canada with representatives… | 我们偷偷地在加拿大 |
[08:35] | – …of the Cuban government. – Leo’s gone to Canada? | 跟古巴政府代表密会 里奥去了加拿大? |
[08:39] | Actually, no. Cuba. | 不是的,他去了古巴 |
[08:42] | With, perhaps, a thermometer and a stethoscope. | 或许他带了体温计跟听诊器 |
[08:45] | – And an offer, a new deal. – And what does he say? | 还有新提议 他说什么? |
[08:48] | – I’m waiting to find out. – Is it your plan to tell the rest of us… | 我正在等消息 你计划告诉我们 |
[08:52] | …who try and help you two run this place? | 这些试著帮你们两个 维持运作这个地方的人吗? |
[08:58] | One night in 1961, shortly after the Bay of Pigs fiasco… | 1961年的某一晚 猪罗湾行动失败后不久 |
[09:03] | …President John F. Kennedy sent Pierre Salinger out on a mission. | 甘尼迪总统派给萨林格一个任务 |
[09:07] | “Come back with 1000 Cuban cigars by morning. “ | 〝明天早上带一千根 古巴雪茄回来〞 |
[09:10] | Petit Upmanns is what the president smoked, and before 8 a. m… | 总统抽亚曼斯牌雪茄 隔天早上八点前 |
[09:14] | …the following morning, Salinger had managed to corral 1200 of them. | 萨林格带回一千两百根雪茄 |
[09:19] | JFK smiled, thanked him, lit one up. | 甘尼迪笑著谢谢他,点了根雪茄 |
[09:21] | Then he opened his desk drawer, pulled out a long piece of paper and signed it. | 然后他打开书桌抽屉 拿出一大张纸,在上面签名 |
[09:26] | It was a decree banning all Cuban products from the United States. | 宣布禁止古巴产品输入美国 |
[09:30] | And ever since then, we’ve had an embargo against that mosquito… | 之后我们对90哩外 |
[09:34] | …of an island 90 miles away, which has never worked… | 那个小岛实施禁运 但这招并没有成功过 |
[09:37] | …while long before, we threw out our anachronistic policies towards… | 很快地我们对距离数千哩 局势更加复杂的 |
[09:41] | …Russia and China that are thousands of miles away and far more complex. | 俄国及中国实施过时的政策 |
[09:45] | If it becomes public, the reaction in the Cuban-American community… | 如果这个消息公诸于世 古巴裔社区 |
[09:48] | – …and on the right will be harsh. – If the Cubans make accommodations… | 及右派的反应一定很激烈 如果古巴人能提早一步 |
[09:52] | – …before that… – The Florida primaries are coming. | 答应和解… 佛州即将举行初选 |
[09:54] | – If this comes out… – If it does, we’ll bring out shovels… | 如果消息走漏… 如果消息走漏,我们拿出铲子 |
[09:57] | …and bury the Democratic candidates in that little fiesta. | 在那个小节日 埋了民主党候选人 |
[10:01] | You sure the country’s ready for this? | 你确定美国准备好要这么做? |
[10:03] | Who knows who’s gonna be sitting here next? | 谁知道下一任总统会是谁? |
[10:06] | Who knows what will happen after Castro? | 谁知道卡斯楚过世后 会发生什么事? |
[10:08] | All I know for sure is there’s a moment here. Before I’m gone and he’s gone… | 谁知道卡斯楚过世后 会发生什么事? 我只知道这是个大好机会 在我跟他下台之前 |
[10:13] | …I am not gonna let it pass. | 我不会放过这个机会 |
[10:18] | Oh, what a beautiful morning. Oh, what a beautiful day. | 真是个美好的早晨 真是美好的一天 |
[10:20] | – You wanted to see me? – That is highly improbable. | 妳找我? 可能性真的不大 |
[10:23] | Been here three weeks. Bring me in, coach. | 我到这里来三星期了 让我上场吧,教练 |
[10:25] | – All right. Know Senator Rafe Framhagen? – I don’t like this already. | 我到这里来三星期了 让我上场吧,教练 你认识拉菲法拉哈根参议员吗? 我已经开始不喜欢了 |
[10:29] | He called the president, Leo, and then me. Guess what that means. | 他打电话给总统、里奥跟我 猜猜看那代表什么意思 |
[10:32] | None of you wanted to talk to him, which leaves me. | 你们都不想跟他说话 决定交给我来处理 |
[10:35] | – See? You do know the senator. – What’s not to know? | 看吧?你真的认识参议员 有什么是我不知道的? |
[10:38] | Brilliant, bilious, impossible, fires staffers for putting… | 他聪明、坏脾气、不可思议 因为幕僚做简报时 |
[10:41] | – …paper clips backwards on briefs. – Which way is backwards? | 将回纹针夹反了就开除他们 哪一面是反面? |
[10:45] | – And that one other thing. – I heard. Practically day and night. | 那是另一回事 我听说了,他日夜不分地在工作 |
[10:48] | A wooden leg. Passes out in his car, they say. | 他有只义肢 听说他在车上昏了过去 |
[10:50] | There you are, your assignment. Godspeed and I’chaim. | 来吧,这是你的任务 愿上帝保佑你,祝你平安 |
[10:56] | Oh, yeah, you got all the indications, all right. | 对,特征再明显不过 |
[10:59] | – Indications of what? – Subterranean termites. | 什么特征? 白蚁 |
[11:02] | You know, these fellas outnumber us a thousand to one. | 白蚁跟人的比例是一千比一 |
[11:05] | Pile all them up and all us up, 10 times the weight of all the folks in the world. | 将牠们跟我们各堆成一堆 牠们的重量是全球人口的十倍 |
[11:11] | Probably swarmed in through a crack I saw in the foundation. | 或许牠们挤在 我在地下室看到的缝隙里 |
[11:14] | – There was damage under a window. – Swarmed? What window? | 窗户下面受到破坏 挤在一起?什么窗户? |
[11:17] | – The one near that weird round room. – The Oval Office? | 那个奇怪圆形房间旁边的窗户 椭圆形办公室? |
[11:20] | People appeared from every which way. Never seen such a thing. | 大家从四面八方冒出来 从来没看过那种事 |
[11:24] | – May be some evidence here. – Hey, that’s a 200-year-old mural. | 或许这里有证据 那是有两百年历史的壁画 |
[11:29] | Oh, yeah. | 对 |
[11:31] | – How many rooms you got here? – One hundred and thirty-five. | 对 这里有多少房间? 135间 |
[11:34] | – I better start. This may take a while. – What do you plan to do? | 我最好快点开始,这得花点时间 你打算怎么做? |
[11:38] | Sentricon Termite Colony Elimination System should do it. | 用灭蚁防治系统应该就可以了 |
[11:41] | – What does it involve? – Dig holes, install stations… | 有哪些东西? 挖洞,装上底座 |
[11:44] | …drop in a few grams of Recruit II and wait. | 丢几公克的灭蚁药 然后静候佳音 |
[11:51] | Okay, hold on one second. I’m coming with you. | 等一下,我跟你一起去 |
[11:56] | Mr. Senator, Cliff Calley’s here. | 参议员先生,克里夫科利来了 |
[12:01] | I’ve got a copy of his travel itinerary. | 我拿到他的行程表了 |
[12:05] | The senator will see you now. | 参议员可以见你了 |
[12:11] | – Thanks for taking care of that. – You got it. | 谢谢帮忙 别客气 |
[12:15] | Yeah, come on in, son. What are you drinking? | 请进,你要喝些什么? |
[12:18] | Diet Coke will be fine. | 健怡可乐就行了 |
[12:21] | Diet Coke. No, that’s a Georgia drink. | 健怡可乐,不行 那是乔治亚州的饮料 |
[12:25] | In Florida, we drink orange juice. | 在佛州我们都喝柳橙汁 |
[12:27] | Fresh. Shipped up every week. Vitamin C. | 在佛州我们都喝柳橙汁 新鲜柳橙汁,每星期运送过来 充满维他命C |
[12:31] | We can inject it with something if you like. | 如果你要的话 我们可以加点别的 |
[12:35] | – So they sent you. – I have that privilege, senator. | 他们派你来 这是我的荣幸,参议员 |
[12:38] | I remember you. Yeah, we breed lawyers around here like minks. | 我记得你,在这里培养律师 跟繁殖貂鼠差不多 |
[12:42] | Except we can’t wear you in the wintertime. | 只不过冬天 我们无法将你们穿在身上 |
[12:44] | Well, here’s Linda Lee. Do me a favor, darling. | 这位是琳达李 帮我一个忙,亲爱的 |
[12:47] | Would you freshen mine up too? | 能再给我一杯吗? |
[12:54] | That is a sashaying piece of pulchritude, isn’t it? | 她真的是个大美人吧? |
[12:57] | Well, some people say that beauty and brains don’t go together. | 有人说美女没有脑袋 |
[13:03] | Well, I’m talking smart pulchritude around here. | 我想这里有很多聪明美女 |
[13:08] | – You know why you’re here? – There’s the water table… | 你知道你来这里的原因吗? 大沼泽地的… |
[13:11] | …in the Everglades, the hurricane damage on the Gulf. | 水位上升 飓风肆虐墨西哥湾 |
[13:14] | They didn’t tell you. | 他们没有告诉你 |
[13:16] | – I’m sorry, sir? – Of course not. | 他们没有告诉你 你说什么? 当然没有 |
[13:19] | Send ignorance to combat truth, huh? All right. | 派不知情的人来争辩真理? 好吧 |
[13:24] | Now, you go back over there, and you tell those people… | 你回去告诉那些人 |
[13:27] | …those people the senator graciously tried to call… | 参议员很礼貌地打电话给他们 |
[13:30] | They didn’t bother to call the senator back. You tell them… | 但他们连回个电话都不愿意 告诉他们 |
[13:33] | …that I’ve heard it too, the rumor. | 我也听到了谣言 |
[13:36] | – What rumor? – It’s that Castro thing. | 什么谣言? 卡斯楚的谣言 |
[13:40] | And somebody knowledgeable better come see me right quick. | 快派个知情的人来见我 |
[13:43] | Back when Leo was chief of staff, I could heckle him a little. | 里奥还是幕僚长的时候 我可以逼问他 |
[13:47] | We used to bend our elbows together right in this room. | 我们可以在这个房间里怒目相向 |
[13:50] | Down home, back when. | 以前还在老家的时候 |
[13:53] | And now he’s gone. | 现在他离职了 |
[13:56] | – Probably only that NSA gal, huh? – Gal? | 或许是国安局的那个女孩 那个女孩? |
[13:59] | – You like repeating things, son? – I’m getting good at it. | 你喜欢重复别人的话吗?孩子 我越来越厉害了 |
[14:02] | You go back a couple of years, get her out of those power suits… | 几年前要她脱掉一身套装 |
[14:06] | …back into the Sunshine State, that would be some serious pulchritude. | 回到佛州,她也是一个大美女 |
[14:13] | – But she’s a buttoned-up babe now. – Babe? | 现在她是个严肃的宝贝 宝贝? |
[14:15] | – Bet she knows what’s going on. – You mean Kate Harper. | 她一定知道发生了什么事 你是指凯特哈波 |
[14:18] | Just a warning shot across the bow. | 那只是警告 |
[14:21] | If some heroic new Cuban agenda is being contemplated… | 如果巴特勒政府 |
[14:24] | …by the Bartlet administration, it’s gonna backfire. | 想在古巴议题上逞英雄 那么做一定会擦枪走火 |
[14:27] | Now, the House may have that bill that waters down the embargo, but my… | 众议院可以通过法案 减轻禁运制裁,但是我的… |
[14:31] | …Cuban-American constituents will just raise bloody hell over that bill… | 古巴裔选民会提出严重抗议 |
[14:35] | …with Democrat candidates. No such bill will see the light of day… | 拿民主党候选人开刀 我的经济委员会 |
[14:39] | …out of my commerce committee. Did you get that… | 不会提出这样的法案 你了解了吗? |
[14:42] | …or do you wanna repeat some of it? | 或是你要重复我的话? |
[14:55] | C.J., Cliff’s here. | 茜洁,克里夫来了 |
[14:57] | – What’s next? That was fun. – You saw the senator. | 茜洁,克里夫来了 接下来是什么?那真的很有趣 你见过参议员了 |
[14:59] | – I’m full of vitamin C. – Nothing stronger? | 我全身上下充满维他命C 没有更刺激的东西? |
[15:01] | – I think his juice was spiked. – What did he want? | 我想他的果汁加了酒 他有什么事? |
[15:04] | – I’m not sure. – You’re not sure? | 我不确定 你不确定? |
[15:06] | This repeating thing must be contagious. I assumed it was gonna be… | 妳被我传染了重复别人话语的毛病 我以为他只是… |
[15:09] | …a doddery senator who ran out of paper clips… | 一个用完回纹针的老参议员 |
[15:12] | …but it seemed to be about Fidel Castro. | 但这件事跟卡斯楚有关 |
[15:14] | – You got my attention. – A rumor about his… | 你吸引了我的注意 谣传他的… |
[15:17] | Health. Whether he’s alive or dead. | 健康有问题,不论他是死是活 |
[15:18] | He was wondering if the White House was behind it or up to something. | 他很纳闷这是不是白宫在搞鬼 |
[15:22] | What is this city, just one big game of telephone? | 这个城市很喜欢玩电话游戏吗? |
[15:26] | – Anything I should know? – There’s a rumor about his health. | 有什么事是我应该知道的吗? 谣传他的健康出问题 |
[15:29] | Yeah. One other odd thing. | 对,还有一件事很奇怪 |
[15:32] | He suggested I talk to Kate Harper. | 他建议我跟凯特哈波谈 |
[15:34] | She’s deputy national security advisor. | 她是副国安顾问 |
[15:36] | – I don’t think that’s it. – Why is that? | 我想应该不是 为什么? |
[15:38] | I can’t exactly put my finger on it. He indicated something other than that. | 我不知道到底是怎么一回事 但听他的意思应该不只是那样 |
[15:43] | More. | 不只是那样 |
[15:48] | Margaret, get me Kate Harper. | 玛格丽特,帮我联络凯特哈波 |
[15:52] | Let me guess, then. Back to the bench for me? | 让我猜猜 我得继续坐冷板凳? |
[15:54] | This is disgraceful. I’m actually starting to like you. | 真是太可恐怖了 我竟然开始喜欢你 |
[16:01] | She’s gone for the day. | 她今天不在办公室 |
[16:02] | – Toby! | – Toby! 托比 托比 |
[16:04] | Does the White House have knowledge about Mr. Castro’s health? | 白宫知道卡斯楚的健康状况吗? |
[16:07] | The last time we had firsthand knowledge of Castro’s health was 1959. | 上次我们得知卡斯楚 健康状况是1959年的事 |
[16:12] | We heard he cancelled a rally to denounce | 我们听说他取消出席一项 在马力康大道举行谴责美国的集会 |
[16:16] | …and several posters of him have been removed from the capitol. | 他在首都的数张海报被拿下 |
[16:20] | Well, that could mean he’s dead or the communist government… | 那表示他已经死了 或是共产政府 |
[16:23] | …took down posters, planning to replace them with more flattering photos… | 拿下海报,就像六年前 |
[16:27] | – …like six years ago. – The vice president said he voted… | 要换上新照片 副总统说他在1996年 |
[16:30] | …for the embargo in 1996 and will continue to support it… | 投票赞成禁运令 并且会继续支持这项政策 |
[16:34] | …until this horrific dictatorship is brought to its knees. | 直到这个可怕的独裁政权倒台 |
[16:37] | – Is he speaking for the White House? – He said that at a campaign rally. | 他是代表白宫发言吗? 他是在竞选场合上那么说的 |
[16:40] | If Castro is not in control, how will the White House react? | 如果卡斯楚已经失势 白宫会有什么样的反应? |
[16:43] | – We don’t react to hypotheticals. – Post Castro… | 我们不回答假设性问题 在卡斯楚下台后 |
[16:46] | …would we declassify Cuba a terrorist state? | 我们会将古巴 从恐怖主义国家中除名吗? |
[16:49] | Only if they reacted to hypotheticals, which they and I both don’t. Yeah, you. | 如果他们想回答假设性问题 他们跟我都不会那么做,对,是你 |
[16:53] | Steve. The CIA issued a report that Cuba has replaced… | 我是史提夫,中情局提出一份报告 说古巴已经取代 |
[16:57] | …East Asia as the destination for pedophiles and sex tourists. | 东亚成为恋童癖者 跟买春客的天堂 |
[17:01] | No, I can’t issue you a visa. Next question. | 我不能发签证给你,下一个问题 |
[17:04] | Hoynes’ campaign may be collapsing, but Russell says he wouldn’t rule out… | 何尼斯极可能会落选 但罗素说他不会排除 |
[17:08] | …military intervention to secure a democratic transition in Cuba. | 采取军事介入 确保古巴转移至民主政府手上 |
[17:11] | Yeah, they’re campaigning in Florida. | 对,他们在佛州竞选 |
[17:14] | What about Santos? With his surprising victory in California…? | 山多斯呢? 他出人意外在加州获胜… |
[17:17] | If you wanna cover the campaign, take your questions to Florida. | 如果你想报导选情 请到佛州去提问 |
[17:20] | – Steve, please. – Here in Washington… | 史提夫,拜托 在华盛顿… |
[17:22] | – Thank you. – …Senator Framhagen said the worst… | 谢谢 法拉哈根参议员说 |
[17:25] | …thing a president can do is send mixed messages to Cuba. | 总统最糟糕的决定 就是给古巴混淆的讯息 |
[17:37] | – She’s a blond now. – I wasn’t gonna come. | 现在她是金发美女 我本来不想来的 |
[17:40] | And stand up a former CIA compatriot after all these years? | 经过这么多年后 为中情局的前同事挺身而出? |
[17:44] | It’s a time I’d like to forget. | 我想忘了一切 |
[17:45] | It was a time of “splendor in the grass, glory in the flower… | 现在该唱〝天涯何处无芳草〞 |
[17:49] | – …but we will grieve not… ” – What do you want, Andy? | 〝我想不去感伤…〞 你到底想做什么?安迪 |
[17:52] | We’re not running off the reservation ops anymore. We’ve changed. | 我们不再做备用行动 我们变了 |
[17:56] | – Second time I’ve heard that today. – No more dirty tricks… | 这是今天我第二次听到那种说法 不再耍下流把戏 |
[17:59] | …no more messing with elections, even for Cabrera. | 不再在选举中搞鬼 即使是卡夫雷拉也一样 |
[18:03] | – Still, our assignment’s the same, Kate. – You came here to tell me this? | 但我们的任务是一样的,凯特 你来这里告诉我这件事? |
[18:06] | No. I just wanted to warn you guys over there that it’s a big mistake… | 不,我只是要警告你们在那边的人 那是个天大的错误 |
[18:10] | …to dig into the Cuban tar pit once again. | 你们不该再去挖古巴疮疤了 |
[18:12] | – What are you talking about? – Leo McGarry. | 你在胡说什么? 里奥马加瑞 |
[18:15] | – What about him? – Can’t touch down in Cuba… | 他怎么了? 依他的层级 |
[18:17] | …at his level. Whatever the precautions, word will leak out. | 他在古巴什么都做不好 不论如何小心,消息都会走路 |
[18:21] | Everyone’s on the take or has an agenda or is an agent or a wannabe. | 大家都想插一脚,或是有兴趣 不论是干员或想当干员的人 |
[18:24] | I don’t know anything about it. | 我真的不知道 |
[18:28] | – You played that beautifully. – I played nothing. | 妳演得很像 我不是在演戏 |
[18:30] | Whether you’re lying or covering because you can’t or won’t tell me… | 不论妳是在说谎或是掩饰 妳不能告诉我及不会告诉我的事 |
[18:34] | …or you’re telling the truth… | 或许妳说的是实话 |
[18:36] | …the one thing we learned there, you can’t beat history. | 我们在那里学会一件事 没有人能逆转历史 |
[18:39] | The Bartlet administration can’t pull this off. It’s not gonna work. | 巴特勒政府不能拉下这个政府 那是行不通的 |
[18:43] | The president will be hung out to dry. | 总统会被吊死 |
[18:46] | C.J., why didn’t anyone tell me? | 茜洁,为什么没有人告诉我? |
[18:50] | – Excuse me? – I’m the deputy NSA… | (星期三早上) 妳说什么? 我是国安局的副顾问 |
[18:51] | …and I don’t know Leo McGarry’s in Cuba? | 我不知道里奥马加瑞在古巴? |
[18:54] | Yeah. How did you find out? | 对,妳怎么知道的? |
[18:57] | It’s 90 miles away. It’s like driving to Baltimore. | 它离这里90哩远 就跟开车到巴尔地摩差不多 |
[19:00] | – There’s 3.5 million Cuban-Americans… – Do you know Senator Framhagen? | 有350万古巴裔人士… 妳认识法拉哈根参议员吗? |
[19:04] | Florida. He is Florida. I knew him when I was stationed there in ’95. | 他是佛州参议员 95年我派驻当地时认识了他 |
[19:07] | It was my first posting. | 那是我第一次驻外 为什么他要我们问妳 卡斯楚的健康问题? |
[19:09] | Why would he say to ask you about Castro’s health? | 为什么他要我们问妳 卡斯楚的健康问题? |
[19:11] | I don’t know. Maybe because he assumed I’d know about Leo’s trip. | 我不知道,或许是因为 他以为我知道里奥去古巴的事 |
[19:15] | – How close is your source? – Very. | 妳的消息来源多可靠? 非常可靠 |
[19:18] | Look, C.J., we don’t wanna get stuck in the muck down there again. | 茜洁,我们不想再掉入那个泥淖 |
[19:26] | Hey, look who’s back. | 看看是谁回来了 |
[19:28] | She caught on, Leo. I had to spill the beans. | 她知道了,里奥 我得告诉她详情 |
[19:31] | You talked to him? How was he? | 你跟他谈过了?他还好吧? |
[19:32] | He’s alive, and I think he might finally be ready to deal… | 他还活著 我想或许他终于准备好要会谈 |
[19:35] | …and he can talk and talk. He agrees on the need for further private… | 他可以好好地跟我们谈 他同意进行更隐密 |
[19:39] | …unpublicized discussions bilaterally. | 不公开的双边会谈 |
[19:42] | The man’s indefatigable. No wonder he’s held sway for coming on 50 years. | 他是个不屈不扰的家伙 难怪他能掌权50年 |
[19:46] | Still smoking cigars. | 还在抽雪茄 我想他还没有准备好 为正义及美国的生活方式而战 |
[19:47] | I’m not sure he’s ready to fight for justice and the American way. | 我想他还没有准备好 为正义及美国的生活方式而战 |
[19:51] | I am optimistic, but we’ve been down this road before. | 我是个乐观主义者 但我们也曾面对过相同的情况 |
[19:54] | – I don’t wanna fail again. – It’s a beginning, an opening. | 我不想再失败 这是个开始,也是个契机 |
[19:58] | Just thank God he didn’t ask about baseball. | 谢天谢地,他没有问到棒球 |
[20:00] | What he and I both think about it could’ve blown the whole thing. | 他跟我都认为 它可能会破坏整个计划 |
[20:03] | He saw you pitch at the Orioles game. He had pointers. | 他说你在金莺队比赛中投球 他有他的线人 |
[20:06] | – I’m sure. – My fear is there seem to be rumors… | 我相信 我担心会出现谣言 |
[20:09] | …more rumors, and rumors within rumors. | 更多的谣言 因谣言而衍生的谣言 |
[20:11] | With Cuba, everyone seems to have secrets, and they never stay that way. | 在古巴每个人都有秘密 他们不能永远过那种生活 |
[20:15] | Yeah, you’re right. We don’t need to paint this guy as a hero. | 你说的对 我们不需要把这家伙当成英雄 |
[20:18] | It’s time to deal with him. Let’s put together a fail-safe response… | 我们该来对付他了 我们得想出一个万无一失的回应 |
[20:21] | …on how and what to announce about Castro’s health… | 如何公开说明卡斯楚的健康状况 |
[20:24] | …about Leo’s trip, then sound out public and congressional reaction… | 里奥的古巴之旅 衡量民众,国会 |
[20:28] | …and the candidates, what to do about its impact on the primaries… | 及候选人的反应 如何因应它对初选 |
[20:31] | …and the general election and Cuba’s response. | 及普选的冲击和古巴的反应 |
[20:34] | – How soon? – How about the end of the day? | 多快? 今天下班前如何? |
[20:39] | – Are they here yet? – They’re in your office. | 他们到了吗? 他们在妳的办公室 |
[20:41] | – Can you get me Kate Harper’s file? – I can’t. | 妳能给我凯特哈波的档案吗? 不行 |
[20:45] | – Why not? – That’s top-secret, above my level. | 为什么? 那是最高机密,超越我的层级 |
[20:47] | – What do we have to do? – Formal letter of request, signed by you. | 我们该怎么办? 正式要求函,妳得签名 |
[20:51] | Write it. Forge my signature. You can do the president’s. | 快拟要求函,伪造我的签名 妳也可以伪造总统签名 |
[20:54] | But his is simple, just a sweeping garland formation. Yours… | 但要伪造他的签名很简单 只要随便涂鸦就行,妳的签名… |
[20:57] | – Mine is what? – Angular… | 我的签名怎么了? 有棱有角 |
[20:59] | …aggressive. I mean, your signature…. | 积极,我是说妳的签名… |
[21:03] | See the baseline, the unevenly distributed pressure… | 看一下底线,力道并不均匀 |
[21:08] | …some countermovement to the natural flow…? | 看起来不是很流畅… |
[21:11] | – Which means? – You’re concealing something. | 那是什么意思? 妳在隐瞒些什么? |
[21:13] | What, are you a counterfeiter, a handwriting analyst? | 妳是伪造签名高手 还是笔迹分析师? |
[21:16] | My great uncle was, after the Civil War. | 我叔公在内战后就是做那种工作 |
[21:18] | He was a dashing man with a mustache and one arm… | 他是个相当时髦的人 留著胡须,一只手… |
[21:21] | By now, we could have written it, and I could have signed it. Just go, do it. | 现在我们可以拟要求函 我会签名的,快点吧 |
[21:26] | How’s it going? Give me a progress report. Cliff? | 情况如何? 给我进度报告,克里夫 |
[21:30] | There’s an opportunity to use the rumors of Castro’s health as deflection. | 我们能利用卡斯楚的健康谣言 分散大家的注意力 |
[21:34] | Keep them coming. It’s been a Marx Brothers comedy anyway… | 让谣言继续满天飞吧 反正它一直都像马克斯兄弟的喜剧 |
[21:37] | …his illnesses and his 29 doctors who claim he’ll live forever. | 他的病情跟29位 宣称他能长生不老的医生 |
[21:40] | Yeah, I’m not sure how long that will fly. | 对,我不知道谣言还能传多久 |
[21:42] | There’s support in the House to curb the embargo from blue and red states… | 众议院支持限制对古巴的禁运令 |
[21:46] | …Midwestern Republicans ready to jettison the trade part. | 中西部的共和党议员 准备放弃贸易的部分 |
[21:49] | Cuba’s an economic disaster area. | 古巴的经济状况很糟糕 |
[21:51] | – It needs American grain, meat… – Can you believe this guy Cabrera? | 它需要美国再度伸出援手,肉… 你能相信卡夫雷拉… |
[21:54] | Introducing the vice president. Congressman. Seventh, eighth term. | 在介绍副总统吗? 他连任七、八届的众议员 |
[21:58] | Once ran an ad standing next to a picture of himself with the caption: | 曾刊登过一篇广告 他的照片旁写著 |
[22:02] | – “Convicted Felon. ” – Thanks for the lesson in local color. | 〝被定罪的重刑犯〞 谢谢解释当地的状况 |
[22:05] | Keeps winning every two years, saying the same thing. | 他每两年都能胜选一次 每次都会那么说 |
[22:09] | Then he gets here, doesn’t do or say a damn thing. | 他到了这里后 什么也没做,什么也没说 |
[22:11] | Did you call Josh and Donna? I wanna take the temperature in the campaigns. | 你打电话给乔西跟唐娜了吗? 我想知道选情发展 |
[22:15] | Somebody should make this son of a bitch obsolete. | 得有人除掉这个混蛋 |
[22:18] | Vice President Bob Russell, front-runner of the Democratic presidential… | 巴伯罗素副总统 在民主党总统候选人初选中领先… |
[22:22] | – Has the exterminator been here? – There was a man yesterday. | 除虫公司来了吗? 昨天有个人来过 |
[22:25] | The Sentricon Termite Colony Elimination System? | 灭蚁防治系统? |
[22:27] | – Matter of fact, yes. – We don’t wanna quarrel… | 没错 我们不想批评 |
[22:30] | – …with another company’s product… – It’s not why we’re here. | 其他公司的产品 那不是我们来这里的原因 |
[22:33] | We can talk about the individual species like RIFA. | 我们专攻特殊品种 譬如说RIFA |
[22:36] | – R-I-F-A? – Red imported fire ant. | 入侵红火蚁 |
[22:38] | We’re members of IFAHI to thwart the spread of RIFA. We have charts… | 我们是扑灭入侵红火蚁的 入侵红火蚁与居家昆虫研究室成员 |
[22:41] | …to show you of the spread of the cinch bug… | 我们有图表能说明小虫 |
[22:45] | …the black-legged tick, the viral-spreading mosquito… | 黑腿虱 会传染病毒的蚊子的扩散范围 |
[22:49] | …and this very year’s infestation by the Mormon cricket. Here. | 还有今年摩门蟋蟀的肆虐状况 你看 |
[22:54] | We’re entomologists. While some control is necessary, these others… | 我们是昆虫学家 某些控制是必要的,其他人… |
[22:58] | …lost sight of how insects help preserve diversity of life… | 不了解昆虫帮忙 保存生物的多样化 |
[23:01] | …and are essential to the ecological web. | 是生态网不可或缺的一部分 |
[23:03] | Insects can spread disease, but they help the study of how diseases are spread. | 昆虫会传播疾病 但牠们帮忙研究疾病的扩散 |
[23:07] | The newest discovery is they can play a crucial part in learning… | 最新发现是牠们 在学习人类的历史上 |
[23:11] | – …about our own history. – Like this great White House. | 扮演非常重要的角色 譬如说白宫 |
[23:14] | Think Abigail Adams and the War of 1812, the burning of this building. | 想像亚当斯夫人 跟1812年的战争,白宫被烧掉 |
[23:17] | Now, I’ll wager we go into these walls, and we will uncover… | 我敢说打穿这些墙,我们会发现 |
[23:20] | …all kinds of information as yet unknown. | 所有未知的讯息 |
[23:23] | That will help in solving crimes. Forensic entomology, my special field… | 这能帮忙解开谜团 鉴识昆虫学,我的专精项目 |
[23:27] | …is invaluable in measuring exposure of the victim… | 对找出受害者来说 都是非常可贵的线索 |
[23:30] | …whether Homo sapiens, Felis catus, Canis familiaris… | 不论是智人,野猫或是狗 |
[23:35] | …to determine the time of death and even the method of murder. | 我们能确定死亡时间 甚至是被杀害的方式 |
[23:39] | You’ve gotta make a decision. | 你得做个决定 |
[23:41] | Do you simply want to wipe out the infestation or use these little pioneers… | 你只是要消灭害虫 或是利用这些小情报员 |
[23:46] | …to journey into our past and unveil secrets for the first time? | 回到过去,首次解开谜团? |
[24:05] | – You got it? – They checked my clothes… | 妳拿到了吗? 他们检查我的衣服 |
[24:08] | …patted me down, searched my shoes, my best shoes, practically x-rayed me. | 帮我搜身,检查我的鞋子 那是我最棒的鞋子,还搬出X光机 |
[24:12] | But they didn’t do any personality profile? | 但他们没做性格分析? |
[24:14] | – That didn’t even occur to me. – What were they thinking? | 我从来没遇过那种事 他们在想什么? |
[24:17] | Here it is. | 拿去吧 |
[24:19] | Kate Harper. | 凯特哈波 |
[24:21] | – Close the door? – Yes. | 要我关门吗? 是的 (最高机密) |
[24:48] | – C.J. – Charlie, tell me you have good news. | 茜洁 查理,告诉我你有好消息 |
[24:51] | – I’m not sure. – Entertain me, enlighten me… | 我不确定 好好娱乐我,让我高兴点 |
[24:54] | …raise me up to the rooftops, please. | 请让我乐到飞上天 |
[24:57] | I think this has more to do with the lower depths. | 我想这件事没那么伟大 |
[24:59] | – It’s coming back to me now. Bugs. – Rhinotermitidae. | 我想到了,害虫 白蚁 |
[25:04] | – Is that the guy I saw with the gizmo? – It could be. | 这跟我看到带著设备的人有关? 有可能 |
[25:07] | – And he found… – Rhinotermitidae. | 他发现了… 白蚁 我们不能撤离白宫 不,我们要钻墙 |
[25:09] | – We’re not tenting the White House. – No, we’re drilling walls. | 我们不能撤离白宫 不,我们要钻墙 |
[25:13] | There’s a group suggesting we observe them before killing them. | 有一家公司建议我 在杀掉白蚁前先观察牠们 |
[25:16] | – The ones with the animatronic…? – “Insectilatronic. “ | 拿著机械… 〝昆虫机器人〞 |
[25:19] | They say we can find out things from termites about lumber conditions… | 他们说我们能从白蚁身上 得知白宫兴建,被烧掉 |
[25:23] | …when the White House was built, burned, rebuilt… | 及重建时的木材状况 |
[25:26] | …what presidents smoked, ate, smelled like. | 历届总统抽什么烟 吃什么东西,闻起来是什么味道 |
[25:31] | This, Charlie, is not a tough choice. | 查理,这不是件难以决定的事 这次我们的政策非常清楚简单 杀死那些该死的虫子 |
[25:33] | For once, our policy can be clean and simple. Just kill the damn bugs. | 这次我们的政策非常清楚简单 杀死那些该死的虫子 |
[25:41] | – Who is this? – Toby. I wanted to ask you… | 是谁? 托比,我要问妳… |
[25:43] | – …about this Castro thing. – I can’t hear you. | 关于卡斯楚的事 我听不到 |
[25:45] | Donna, it’s Toby. Toby Ziegler. | 唐娜,我是托比齐格 |
[25:48] | – It’s so crazy in here. Wait a minute. – Hello? | 这里很混乱,等一下 喂 |
[25:52] | Toby? | 托比 |
[25:55] | – Josh. – Toby? | 乔西 托比 |
[25:58] | – We’re not talking to each other. – Then what’s making my phone ring? | 我不是要找你 为什么我的电话会响? |
[26:01] | The thing’s got a mind of its own. | 这玩意会自己拨号 卡斯楚是怎么一回事? 到底发生了什么事? |
[26:03] | What’s with Castro? What’s going on with that? | 卡斯楚是怎么一回事? 到底发生了什么事? |
[26:06] | – That’s what I wanted to ask you. – I can’t hear you. It’s crazy down here. | 我正要问你 我听不到,这里很混乱 |
[26:10] | – It’s Guatemala. – Hello? | 这里是瓜地马拉 喂 |
[26:17] | – I lost you. How are you? – What’s going on down there, Donna? | 刚刚断线了,你还好吗? 发生了什么事?唐娜 |
[26:20] | You won’t believe it. This state, it’s unreal. It’s like… | 你一定不会相信 这一州太不可思议了,它就像… |
[26:23] | – Guatemala? – Hey, that’s good. You a speechwriter? | 瓜地马拉 说得好,你是撰稿员吗? |
[26:26] | – What’s the impact of this Castro thing? – It’s unbelievable. | 卡斯楚的谣言冲击多大? 真的很不可思议 |
[26:29] | Castro’s become Che. Is he alive or dead? He’s wallpapering the primary. | 卡斯楚成了一股气,他是生是死? 初选根本不在乎这件事 |
[26:33] | – Wait, what? Donna, hold on a second. – Toby, I’ve got… | 等一下,什么?唐娜,稍等一下 托比,我得… |
[26:37] | Josh? | 乔西 乔西 |
[26:39] | Josh? Josh. | 乔西 |
[26:41] | C.J., I should apologize for you not knowing about the Cuba trip. | 茜洁,我该跟妳道歉 没告诉妳古巴之行的事 |
[26:45] | – Yes, you should. – I thought it was worth the risk. | 对,你该道歉的 我以为值得冒险 |
[26:48] | – I still do. – While you were gone, we all got calls… | 我还是那么以为 你不在时我们都接到 |
[26:51] | …from Rafe Framhagen. I sent Cliff over, who said the senator… | 拉菲法拉哈根的电话 我派克里夫过去,他说参议员 |
[26:55] | – …may have been three sheets. – Yeah? | 可能知道不少事 是吗? 他提到凯特哈波跟古巴的问题 暗示她应该知道一些事 |
[26:57] | And he had questions about Kate Harper and Cuba, as if she knew something. | 他提到凯特哈波跟古巴的问题 暗示她应该知道一些事 |
[27:01] | – Concerned? Why don’t you pull her file. – I did. | 妳很担心吗?何不调她的档案? 我已经那么做了 |
[27:03] | This has been the long way around to what? | 这到底是怎么一回事? 很多地方都涂掉了 有人想拖延我们? |
[27:05] | – A lot of blackout. – Are we getting sidetracked? | 很多地方都涂掉了 有人想拖延我们? |
[27:08] | Kate Harper, Navy. Father, Navy. Formerly CIA, wasn’t it? | 凯特哈波,海军,父亲也是海军 前中情局干员,对吧? |
[27:11] | Africa, blackout. Kosovo, blackout. Iran, blackout. She got around. | 非洲、科索沃、伊朗都被涂掉 她去过不少地方 |
[27:16] | You’re in it. | 里面还提到你 那是不可能的 翻页 |
[27:18] | – That’s impossible. – Turn the page. | 那是不可能的 翻页 |
[27:24] | 1995, Florida. | 1995年,佛罗里达州 |
[27:29] | But why is it in her file? | 为什么会在她的档案里? |
[27:32] | – CIA must have been monitoring us. – The rest was blacked out. What is it? | 中情局一定在监视我们 其他部分都涂掉了,为什么? |
[27:36] | We had a gathering of the Bay of Pigs veterans from both sides… | 美古两边 猪罗湾事件的老兵 |
[27:40] | …for the first time, and it was remarkable. | 第一次相聚 场面真的非常壮观 |
[27:44] | These aging warriors, enemies, fellow countrymen. And I had high hopes… | 那些老战士,敌人,同胞 我十分希望 |
[27:49] | …we were pulling together, strand by strand, a dialogue with… | 我们能聚在一起好好地 |
[27:52] | – …the Cuban-Americans and Cubans. – I never heard this. | 跟古巴裔人士及古巴人谈 我从来没听说过这件事 |
[27:55] | There was also an election recount underway. Congressman Cabrera. | 当时选举必须做重新计票 卡夫雷拉议员 |
[27:59] | – Yeah, I know the one. – I was secretary of labor… | 我知道那件事 我是劳工部长 |
[28:02] | …and Rafe Framhagen showed up, and we started drinking. | 拉菲法拉哈根出现 我们开始喝酒 |
[28:07] | And I made a fool of myself. Talk about three sheets to the wind. | 我让自己成了傻瓜 我开始说起长篇大论 |
[28:12] | And when I got back, it was over. | 酒醒时一切都结束了 |
[28:14] | It had all fallen apart. I should have never left. | 计划失败,我不该离开的 |
[28:18] | So I vowed then… | 那时我发誓 如果有机会 我一定要弥补这个错误 |
[28:20] | …if there was ever a chance, I’d put it back together. | 如果有机会 我一定要弥补这个错误 |
[28:31] | If we had a cigarette, a lighter and a password, we’d be back 10 years. | 如果我们有香烟、打火机跟密码 我们能回到十年前 |
[28:35] | But it’s so loud in here now, I’d never hear the password. | 但这里真的太吵了 我听不到密码 |
[28:38] | Don’t you miss it… | 妳不怀念… 妳还在当卧底探员的时候吗? 我怀念那种刺激感 |
[28:40] | – …when you were undercover? – I miss the excitement… | 妳还在当卧底探员的时候吗? 我怀念那种刺激感 |
[28:45] | …dressing up and down, disappearing into character. | 老是在换装,变装成另一个人 |
[28:48] | And now look at you. | 看看现在的妳 |
[28:50] | Wearing suits and sitting in meetings with amazing people. | 穿著套装 坐下来跟大人物一起开会 |
[28:55] | You’ve changed. | 妳变了 |
[29:00] | I saw your ex-husband not long ago. He’s still down there. | 不久前我遇见妳前夫 他还在那里 |
[29:03] | Why’d you call me again? | 你为什么要打电话给我? |
[29:06] | I wanted to apologize. | 我想道歉 |
[29:10] | For what? | 为什么? |
[29:13] | I knew back then what was going on. | 我知道那时发生了什么事 |
[29:17] | What it was doing to you. | 妳遇到了什么事 |
[29:20] | – I should’ve protected you better. – Would’ve, should’ve. | 我应该好好保护妳 过去的都过去了 |
[29:23] | But it’s… There’s more to it than that. | 但…事情没那么简单 已经太晚了,安迪,太迟了 |
[29:25] | It’s too late now, Andy. It was too late then. | 已经太晚了,安迪,太迟了 |
[29:29] | I know. I know. | 我知道 |
[29:32] | Part of my 12 steps, to make a fool of myself. | 我的拿手高招是让自己成为傻瓜 |
[29:35] | Especially to those people who, maybe, I made fools of. | 特别是对那些我想取笑的人来说 |
[29:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:48] | They have all of it down there now, Kate. | 他们都知道了,凯特 |
[29:51] | Leo McGarry’s trip, the deal he’s trying to make with Fidel. | 里奥马加瑞的古巴行 他要跟卡斯楚达成的协议 |
[29:54] | They’re gonna break the story. | 他们要发布消息 |
[29:57] | – You’re sure? – Yeah. | 你确定? 对 |
[30:00] | Don’t get caught in this again when it goes to hell. | 别在事情闹大后又被卷入 |
[30:06] | Cuba. It scums everybody it touches. | 古巴,碰到它的人都会倒楣 |
[30:26] | I’m walking back here thinking, “This is a building I never thought I’d be in. “ | 我在回到这里的路上边走边想 〝我没想过我会来到这里〞 |
[30:30] | Maybe it’s a place you never quite get used to. | 或许妳永远不会习惯这个地方 |
[30:33] | Once, my dad was gone with the Pacific Fleet. My mom and I were left… | 我爸曾经跟著太平洋舰队出航 我妈跟我被丢在 |
[30:36] | …at the Key West Naval Base. | 西威士岛海军基地 那里没有宿舍,所以有一阵子 |
[30:38] | There was no housing, so for a while… | 那里没有宿舍,所以有一阵子 我们住在没有空调 热得要命的拖车里 |
[30:40] | …we lived in this boiling trailer with no air conditioning. | 我们住在没有空调 热得要命的拖车里 |
[30:44] | The wind shook it at night and rocked me to sleep. | 晚上风一吹来车子开始晃动 晃到我都睡著了 |
[30:49] | It’s a long way from here. | 这是段很漫长的历程 |
[30:53] | Kate, what’s going on? | 凯特,发生了什么事? |
[30:57] | Tomorrow, Cuban-American factions are going public with Leo’s visit to Cuba. | 明天古巴裔社区 要公开里奥的古巴行 (星期三晚上) |
[31:10] | Mr. President, it’s clear that the news of Leo’s trip is going to break. | 总统先生,很明显地 里奥的古巴行将会被公开 |
[31:14] | Don’t know if it’ll be audio, eyewitness, photos, but we know it’s coming. | 我们不知道是否有录音带,证人 或照片,但我们知道他们会那么做 |
[31:18] | – CNN will get it, then the networks. – A delightful prognosis. | CNN会先播出,然后是联播网 很不错的猜测 |
[31:21] | We can spin it. It was Cuban representatives who initiated… | 我们可以扭转局势 是古巴代表提议 |
[31:24] | …the conversations. We listened, agreed to and accepted nothing. | 要进行对话 我们倾听但未赞同或接受任何事 |
[31:27] | – I hate that. – We must look at the consequences. | 我讨厌那样 我们得考虑结果 |
[31:30] | The South Carolina and Florida primaries are two weeks away. | 再过两星期 要进行南卡及佛州初选 |
[31:33] | There will be no mercy in the Cuban-American community. | 到时候古巴裔社区 对我们绝不会留情 |
[31:36] | It won’t go away by the general election. | 到了普选 这件事还是被会提出来作文章 |
[31:38] | – Russell will find a way. – I can hear his sound bites already. | 罗素会想出办法的 我可以想像他咬牙切齿的样子 |
[31:41] | Santos is a mystery. I don’t know what he’ll do. Bet he doesn’t either. | 山多斯就无法预测了,我不知道 他会怎么做,他应该也不知道 |
[31:45] | Republican candidates? Walken and Vinick? | 共和党候选人呢? 华肯跟文尼克? |
[31:47] | Vinick probably agrees with you, but publicly, he’ll step back… | 或许文尼克会赞同你 但他不会公开那么说 |
[31:50] | …and let Framhagen and Walken put on war paint… | 让法拉哈根和华肯开战 |
[31:53] | – …and gather around Little Bighorn. – Wasn’t the image I was hoping for. | 聚集在小巨角 我不希望发生那种事 |
[31:58] | So Republicans and Democrats alike will distance themselves… | 共和党和民主党都会保持距离 |
[32:01] | …from this act of madness of the Bartlet administration. | 远离巴特勒政府的疯狂举动 |
[32:05] | I think it’s time we looked beyond regrets and elections, sir. | 我想我们该看远一点 |
[32:09] | It’s here, isn’t it? | 又来了,对吧? 另一个危机,是的,长官 |
[32:12] | Another cliff. Yes, sir. | 另一个危机,是的,长官 托比 |
[32:14] | Toby? | 托比 |
[32:16] | – Jump. – C.J. | 跳吧 茜洁 |
[32:24] | Get me some airtime. I’ll have a few words with the nation. | 帮我安排上电视的时间 我有些话要跟全国人民说 |
[32:27] | – When? – As soon as possible. | 什么时候? 越快越好 我们不能等到消息公开后再说 我们得通知候选人们 |
[32:29] | – We won’t wait for the story to break. – It’s fair to let the candidates know. | 我们不能等到消息公开后再说 我们得通知候选人们 |
[32:33] | – I agree. – Sir, the vice president is still waiting. | 我赞成 长官,副总统还在等你 |
[32:36] | Get Senator Vinick on the phone, and then Congressman Santos. | 打电话给文尼克参议员 然后是山多斯议员 |
[32:39] | Then I’ll see the vice president. | 然后我再见副总统 |
[32:55] | Leo. | 里奥 谢谢你赶过来 |
[32:57] | Thanks for coming all the way over here. | 谢谢你赶过来 |
[32:59] | Been a long time. | 好久不见 |
[33:02] | Care to join me? | 你喝一杯吗? |
[33:06] | No, I’m only fooling. I know you don’t any longer. | 不,我只是开玩笑 我知道你不喝了 |
[33:10] | Kind of wish more people around here did. | 我希望更多来到这里的人 会那么做 |
[33:14] | – What’s Hemingway’s word? – “Utilize. ” How’d you find out? | 海明威是怎么说的? 〝利用〞 ,你怎么知道的? |
[33:20] | Boat captain, deckhand, limo driver, the gas attendant. Does it matter? | 船长,水手,轿车司机 加油站员工,那重要吗? |
[33:26] | It seems to me we got a lot more done around here when we were utilizing. | 我想以前我们还在这里时 我们有很多事可做 |
[33:29] | Got along better too. Left and right, elephant and mule. | 也处得更好 左派跟右派,大象跟驴子 |
[33:33] | These days, that’s one place where my point of view is the minority. | 现在那是我的意见 唯一不受重要的地方 |
[33:37] | Not the only place, senator. Demographics are changing in your state. | 不是那样的,参议员 贵州的人口数有改变 |
[33:41] | You were Scotch, as I recall. The good stuff. Just the way it poured. | 我记得你喜欢喝威士忌 好酒,倒出来时很香 |
[33:44] | Younger Cuban-Americans don’t care. | 年轻的古巴裔人士不在乎 |
[33:47] | The Cuba effect on Florida is going the way of too much utilizing. | 古巴对佛州的影响 大到让我们无法利用 |
[33:51] | So for the younger Cuban-Americans, your solution is to have… | 对年轻的古巴裔人士来说 你的解决方法是… |
[33:55] | …an old man with MS send another old man who’s had a heart attack… | 让得了多发性硬化症的老头 派一个有心脏病的老头 |
[33:58] | …to check on the health of a third old man. | 确定第三个老头的健康情况 |
[34:01] | A man who could be, should be, and, God willing, soon will be dead. | 那个家伙很可能 也应该就快死了 |
[34:06] | It’s too late for the Bartlet administration to go legacy shopping in Cuba, Leo. | 巴特勒政府已经来不及 跑到古巴建立传奇了,里奥 |
[34:11] | If I had come to you first, what would you have said? | 如果我先来找你 你会怎么说? |
[34:15] | No. | 不 |
[34:17] | We had to change the calculus, or you’d bury us. | 我们得改变计算方法 不然你会杀了我们 |
[34:19] | – I am gonna bury you, Leo. – After 45 years, it’s time to admit… | 我要杀了你,里奥 过了45年,我们该承认 |
[34:23] | …the embargo isn’t a reason for or a solution to Cuba’s tragic reality. | 禁运不是造成古巴惨况的原因 它也无法解决这个问题 |
[34:27] | The reason for Cuba’s tragic reality is Fidel Castro… | 古巴之所以会那么惨 都是卡斯楚害的 |
[34:31] | …a vicious dictator who refuses to allow free press, free elections… | 这个残忍的独裁者 拒绝开放媒体自由跟自由选举 |
[34:35] | …who jails even the slightest opposition. You wanna legitimize his government. | 稍微反对他的人都会被捕入狱 你想要承认这样的政府 |
[34:40] | The good ship Legitimacy sailed decades ago. | 他早就是合法政府了 |
[34:42] | He’s there, has been for a very long time. | 他在位非常久的时间 |
[34:45] | The State Department lists Cuba as a terrorist state. | 国务院将古巴 列为恐怖主义国家 |
[34:48] | The State Department, Leo. | 国务院耶,里奥 |
[34:50] | The FBI just busted a Cuban espionage operation, arrested 10 spies. | 联邦调查局抓到古巴间谍组织 逮捕十名间谍 |
[34:54] | When we’ve tried reforming a communist regime… | 我们想用禁运跟冻结关系 来推翻共产政权 |
[34:57] | …through embargo and severing relations, we’ve always failed. | 结果一定会失败 |
[35:01] | When we sought change through engagement and trade, we succeeded. | 当我们想透过交流跟贸易 来改变现状,每次都会成功 |
[35:04] | What about the law, Leo? Congress has codified the embargo. | 法律呢?里奥 国会颁布了禁运令 |
[35:08] | U.S. sanctions cannot be lifted against Cuba until all political prisoners… | 美国无法取消对古巴的禁运令 除非所有政治犯… |
[35:12] | …have been freed, until political parties and labor unions have been legalized… | 都获得释放 所有政党跟工会都能合法化 |
[35:16] | …and free elections have been scheduled. | 还能够拥有自由选举 美国总统无法凌驾人民的意志 |
[35:19] | No American president can overturn the will of the people. | 美国总统无法凌驾人民的意志 |
[35:21] | It’s not the will of the people. It’s a few loud and shrinking number… | 那不是人民的意志 那是少数爱大声嚷嚷的 |
[35:25] | – …of Cuban-Americans. – Who came here stripped of everything. | 古巴裔人士在说话 他们来到这里时一无所有 |
[35:29] | Who floated over here in little, leaky boats, their kids in one hand… | 他们搭著漏水的小船漂流到这里 一手抱著孩子 |
[35:33] | …and their dreams in another. And how many of whom did we turn away…? | 另一手怀抱著梦想 我们拒绝了多少古巴难民… |
[35:36] | No one… No one’s disputing that. | 没有人会争论那一点 成功地来到这里的难民 |
[35:38] | And who have become monumentally successful… | 成功地来到这里的难民 |
[35:41] | …and too many of whom have become Republicans, right, Leo? | 很多人都加入了共和党 对吧?里奥 |
[35:44] | But who we’ve also pandered to for far too long. | 但我们也一直试图拉拢他们 |
[35:48] | – I’m bringing a possible breakthrough. – There’s no such thing. | 我可能带来突破契机 根本没有那种事 |
[35:52] | We’re starting with an executive order to provide food, dollars through the U.N. | 我们一开始会颁布行政命令 透过联合国提供食物跟经费 |
[35:56] | The Department of Treasury liberalizing business travel to Cuba… | 财政部会开放 到古巴的商业旅行 |
[36:00] | …working to involve Cuba in curbing narco-trafficking and terrorism… | 说服古巴约束贩毒 跟恐怖主义的行为 |
[36:04] | …rather than treat them as the problem. | 而不是将他们视为麻烦根源 |
[36:06] | Now, there’s the toothless, gutless foreign policy… | 我们都知道巴特勒政府 |
[36:10] | …we’ve all come to expect from the Bartlet administration. | 外交政策一向是软弱无能 |
[36:13] | Just give away the store, probably billions of dollars, without getting… | 他们只会割地赔款 送给人家数十亿,结果是… |
[36:16] | – …a single concession in return. – Extradition treaty. | 什么回报都得不到 引渡条约 |
[36:19] | – He’ll resign the extradition treaty? – We’re talking. | 他会签引渡条约? 我们正在谈 |
[36:22] | You’re talking? Sure, he’ll romance you… | 你们正在谈? 当然他会哄你 |
[36:26] | …he’ll waltz you around until he gets what he needs… | 他会迷得你团团转 直到他得到他要的东西 |
[36:29] | – Maybe he’s legacy shopping too. – …which is cash. He needs cash. | 或许他也想建立传奇 也就是现金,他需要钱 |
[36:34] | That’s why he’s talking to you in the first place. | 所以他才会跟你谈 |
[36:37] | We finally got him where we want him, on the verge of economic collapse. | 我们在古巴经济即将崩溃时 逼使他乖乖听话 |
[36:40] | – That’s what we said in 1963. – He’ll take your money, our money… | 1963年时我们也是那么说 他会拿走你的钱,我们的钱 |
[36:44] | – …and he’ll renege. – The rest of the world is already there. | 他会报复 其他国家都已经进驻古巴 |
[36:47] | If we don’t get our foot in, U.S. business interests and your poor… | 如果我们不快点过去 美国的商业利益跟你的贫穷… |
[36:51] | …Cuban-Americans will be left out in the cold. | 古巴裔人士会远远地落后 |
[36:53] | Oh, that is really good. The Bartlet administration… | 那真的是太棒了,巴特勒政府 |
[36:57] | …is gonna save Castro for the sake of American business? That’s rich. | 得为了美国企业拯救卡斯楚? 那真的是太棒了 |
[37:01] | So you’re gonna go to war so a few geriatrics can get their cabanas back? | 你打算开战 让那些老人能拿回他们的小屋? |
[37:06] | That’s the trouble with our policy. | 那就是我们的政策面临的问题 |
[37:08] | Your rigor mortis stance is holding hostage a Cuban-American community… | 你的顽固立场 拿古巴裔人士当人质 |
[37:12] | …you say you so love, and by proxy it’s held hostage the whole country. | 你说你非常爱他们 结果你是拿他们当人质 |
[37:17] | The world, time, has passed them by. Castro won. | 过了这么久世界都变了 卡斯楚赢了 |
[37:21] | Rafe, it’s time. | 拉菲,时间到了 |
[37:24] | – It’s long past time. – Whatever dumb thing you do… | 已经过了很久 不论你做了什么蠢事 |
[37:26] | …to prop up Castro will be reversed next year, because if you do it… | 逼卡斯楚在明年做出改变 因为如果你那么做 |
[37:31] | …you lose Florida in the election and the presidency with it. | 会在大选跟政权上 输掉佛罗里达州 |
[37:34] | You care more about American politics than relieving the plight… | 你关心美国政治 胜过于帮助古巴人脱离苦难 |
[37:37] | …of the Cuban people, just like in 1995. | 就跟1995年一样 |
[37:41] | Which year was that? | 那是哪一年的事? 那次卡夫雷拉在重新计票后获胜 结果… |
[37:43] | The one where Cabrera won the election recount, and it turned out… | 那次卡夫雷拉在重新计票后获胜 结果… |
[37:47] | …his sister-in-law, who worked for you, was the chief monitor. | 他那个为你工作的小姨子 是最主要的监视者 |
[37:50] | Cabrera did win that election. | 卡夫雷拉的确赢得那次选举 他是个被定罪的重刑犯 你还记得那次我们见面时 |
[37:52] | He was a convicted felon, and you knew at the same time we were meeting… | 他是个被定罪的重刑犯 你还记得那次我们见面时 |
[37:56] | – …talking with Castro’s people. – I came down there… | 还跟卡斯楚的人谈过 我到了那里 |
[37:59] | – …and I remember we had a drink. – We could have had a deal… | 我记得我们喝了一杯 十年前我们可以达成协议 |
[38:02] | – …ended all this insanity a decade ago. – It was you who took me aside… | 结束这件疯狂的事 是你撇下了我 |
[38:06] | …invited me for a drink. Now you’re gonna climb up on your high horse, huh? | 你邀请我去喝一杯 现在你要摆出高高在上的态度? |
[38:10] | That’s what I gotta live with. | 那是让我活下去的动力 |
[38:13] | We were close once, back then. | 那时我们曾经非常要好过 |
[38:17] | No, senator, we just drank back then. | 不,参议员,我们只是一起喝酒 |
[38:23] | We were never close. | 我们根本没有要好过 |
[38:30] | – Hey. – I was looking for you. | 嘿 我在找妳 |
[38:33] | President goes on the air any minute. Thought I’d watch it down here. | 总统马上要上电视 我想在这里看电视 |
[38:37] | – Alone? – Yeah. | 自己一个人? 对 |
[38:45] | Cuba. Florida. | 古巴,佛罗里达 |
[38:47] | You know a lot about them. You were there in the ’90s? 1995, maybe? | 妳很了解他们,90年代 妳去过那里,或许是95年吧 |
[38:52] | – Yeah. | – Yeah. 对 对 |
[38:55] | I was there only a few days… | 我在那里待了几天 |
[39:00] | …and I can’t remember much at all. | 我记得的事不多 |
[39:03] | Led me to lock myself away for 30 days, dry out. | 我自闭了30天 试著沉淀思绪 |
[39:06] | But I believed then, and I believe now, this fight is worth it. | 但那时跟现在我都相信 这场战役是值得的 |
[39:10] | There’s gonna be hell to pay tomorrow. | 明天一切都得付出代价 如果我能在十年前这么做 杰德巴特勒可以逃过这一切 |
[39:12] | If I’d only gotten it done 10 years ago, Jed Bartlet could be spared it. | 如果我能在十年前这么做 杰德巴特勒可以逃过这一切 |
[39:16] | The CIA would have never let the embargo go away then. | 中情局不会赞成解除禁运令 |
[39:19] | They’re against ending it now. | 他们反对现在解除它 |
[39:22] | – What about you? – I was in favor of it then. | 妳呢? 当时我是支持禁运令的 |
[39:26] | And now? | 现在呢? |
[39:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 重点不是我,重点是总统 你要他做什么 |
[39:31] | It’s not about me. It’s about the president, what you want for him. | 重点不是我,重点是总统 你要他做什么 |
[39:38] | And this is something. | 这才是最重要的 |
[39:41] | Yeah. | 对 |
[39:53] | Did we meet back then? | 那时我们见过面吗? |
[39:57] | Do you remember me? | 你记得我吗? |
[40:02] | No. | 不 |
[40:07] | Do you remember me? | 妳记得我吗? (佛罗里达州,1995年) |
[40:36] | – Where you going? – My car, I think. | 你要去哪里? 我想我该上车了 |
[40:40] | – Okay, okay. Why don’t I drive. – No. | 好吧,何不由我来开车? 不 |
[40:43] | Yeah, I think I’ll drive. | 对,我想该由我来开车 |
[40:47] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[40:50] | There you go. | 来吧 |
[40:55] | Okay, okay, that’s good. | 好,这样以了 |
[41:08] | – Where are you going? – Why not drive off into the sunset? | 你要去哪里? 我们何不奔向日落? |
[41:13] | – Yeah, I think we missed it. – Something happen to your eye? | 我想我们错过日落了 妳的眼睛是怎么了? |
[41:17] | Well, you should see the other guy. | 你应该看看另一个人 |
[41:19] | – Where are you staying, at a hotel? – On Calle Ocho. Got a suitcase. | 你住在饭店吗? 我的行李放在科利欧可饭店 |
[41:23] | Pack it. Airport, if I can find it. | 打包好后就要去机场 如果我还能找到它 |
[41:27] | – I’m gonna remember this. – No, you won’t. | 我会记得这一切的 不,你不会的 |
[41:32] | Yes, I will. | 不,我会的 对,但我会的 |
[41:34] | No, but I will. | 对,但我会的 |
[41:37] | I’m gonna put my head down. | 我得睡一下 |
[41:40] | Just for a moment. Thank you. | 一下子就好,谢谢妳 |
[41:43] | My fellow Americans, in 1961… | 亲爱的同胞们,1961年 |
[41:47] | …President John F. Kennedy bought some cigars. | 甘尼迪总统买了一些雪茄 |
[41:49] | They happened to be from a country called Cuba. | 它们刚好来自古巴 |
[41:52] | And since that day, nearly 45 years ago… | 自从45年前的那一天 |
[41:55] | …no American has been able to do it again. | 美国人无法再那么做 |
[41:58] | And it’s time for that to change. | 改变的时候到了 |
[42:00] | This is not about cigars, of course, but about our relationship with a country… | 当然不只是雪茄 更重要的是我们 |
[42:05] | …that is only 90 miles away. | 跟90哩那个国家的关系 |
[42:07] | Change is not going to come easy. | 改变并不容易 |
[42:09] | It won’t be a change without passionate discussion and disagreement… | 没有激烈讨论跟反对 就不会有改变 |
[42:14] | …but a change there can, and will, and must be. | 但我们必须要做出改变 |
[42:17] | The Cuban people and the Cuban-American people have suffered… | 古巴人跟古巴裔美国人 吃尽了苦头 |
[42:21] | …too long under intolerable circumstances on both shores. | 他们在美国及古巴 过著令人难以忍受的生活 |
[42:25] | My dream is that every one of the hundreds of thousands of Cubans… | 我梦想成千上万的古巴人 |
[42:29] | …who draw lottery cards every year to win one of the 20,000 slots… | 每年能参加绿卡抽奖 赢得两万分之一的机会 |
[42:33] | …allowing them to come to America in search of a better life and freedom… | 让他们来到美国 追求更好的生活跟自由 |
[42:37] | …will finally have the chance to find that freedom in their own country… | 终于有机会 在他们的祖国找到那样的自由 |
[42:42] | …and that the 1.5 million Cuban-Americans who have… | 150万古巴裔美国人 |
[42:45] | …for so many decades, longed to return to their homes… | 数十年来期待著能够归乡 |
[42:49] | …will finally have the chance to once again… | 他们终于有机会能再一次 |
[42:51] | …see the land of their fathers and forefathers. | 看到他们父亲及祖先的土地 |