时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | See, to cap a motherfucker, | 瞧 要打死一个狗娘养的 |
[00:09] | you put a pistol to his head, say, “pow,” and he tagged. | 你得拿一把枪指着他的脑袋 然后说 “砰” 接着他就进太平间了 |
[00:13] | – But when Chris and them do it– – Yo, it ain’t working, Na’. | – 但Chris那伙人这么干的时候 – 喂 不是这样的 不是的 |
[00:14] | – I know you making this up. – Word to my mother, yo. Lex ain’t dead. | – 我知道你在瞎扯 – 用我老妈的名义发誓 Lex没死 |
[00:18] | I seen him creeping in an alley last night near the playground. | 我昨晚瞧见他在操场旁边的小道里游荡 |
[00:21] | Everybody know Lex is dead. | 大家都知道Lex死了 |
[00:23] | Nah, there’s dead, and there’s special dead. | 不 有的人死了 有的人说是死了其实没死 |
[00:25] | Yeah, Chris working that juju shit. | 对 Chris平时装神弄鬼的 |
[00:27] | Nah, man, what I’m saying is they zombies. | 不 我是说 他们是僵尸 |
[00:30] | Why you think he take them into vacants? He need time to change them. | 要不然他带他们去空地干嘛呢 他需要时间来转化他们 |
[00:34] | You don’t believe me, yo, it’s on you. | 信不信随你 |
[00:36] | Yo, they funnin’, ain’t they, Michael? | 这事情挺好笑的 是不是 Michael? |
[00:38] | I don’t know about that voodoo shit, man, but Chris | 我是不懂求神拜佛那一套 但是Chris |
[00:40] | is definitely doing something– get a nigger to walk up in there | 绝对是在打什么坏主意 带黑人去那里 |
[00:43] | knowing he about to get capped, man. | 他和枪击肯定有关 |
[00:45] | Chris,he different.u can tell by them coonass country clothes that nigger be wearing. | Chris 他和别人不一样 你看看他们这黑佬穿的衣服就知道了 |
[00:52] | Nine? | 九毫米的? |
[00:53] | Nah, too much bark. | 不是 噪音太大了 |
[00:55] | Probably a.40-cal. | 应该是把40-Cal |
[00:58] | Yeah, man, this is serious business. | 是啊 兄弟们 这可是正经生意 |
[01:00] | So you saying Lex is a zombie? | 那么你是说Lex现在是僵尸吗 |
[01:02] | Pookie, Byron, all them niggers. | Pookie Byron 还有所有的黑佬都是 |
[01:04] | – And Chris? – Yeah, Chris– Zombie Master. | – 那Chris呢 – 是啊 Chris 僵尸老大 |
[01:09] | I knew this wasn’t going away. | 我就知道这事没完 |
[01:10] | That’s what we’ve been trying to tell you, yo. Chris got the power. | 所以我们才告诉你 Chris势力大着呢 |
[01:14] | He tell them to come, and they gotta come– | 他叫他们来 他们不来也得来 |
[01:15] | Iike the devil do with the damned. | 就好象小鬼跟着阎王 |
[01:17] | What you think Chris got them doing? | 你觉得Chris叫他们干什么呢 |
[01:20] | They’re probably spies, man. | 他们说不定是间谍 |
[01:23] | Can’t figure any other way Marlo knows so much. | 不然Marlo不会知道这么多事情 |
[01:25] | Yeah, that’s what it is. Like in this movie, “Zombie Killer” or something. | 对 就是这样 就好像电影”僵尸杀手”什么的一样 |
[01:28] | They came out at night, hunting. | 他们夜间出没 猎杀人命 |
[01:31] | – Hunting? – Yeah, man. They– | – 猎杀人命? – 对 兄弟 他们… |
[01:37] | Yeah, and in that movie they was snatching people up, | 对 电影里僵尸把人抓起来 |
[01:40] | stealing their warmth. | 汲取他们的温暖 |
[03:50] | St. Jude, patron of lost causes. | 圣犹大 败局之救赎者 |
[03:54] | Tell me you ain’t been on bended knee | 千万别告诉我你每天夜里 |
[03:56] | whispering in his saintly ear each and every night | 在闭上眼睛之前 |
[03:59] | before you close those peepers. | 都向他那圣洁之耳祷告 |
[04:00] | I know you have, Tommy, catch a break like this. | 我就知道你肯定这么干了 Tommy 居然抓到了这么个漏洞 |
[04:04] | Stan, you’re sure about this? | Stan 你确定吗 |
[04:05] | On my mother’s soul. It’s a lock. | 用我母亲的灵魂起誓 绝对错不了 |
[04:07] | Assigned a rookie– a broad, no less–as lead detective. | 指派一个新人 一个女人 来做首席警探 |
[04:11] | Pulled a good man off, too, I heard. | 还把一个好手给撤下来了 我听说 |
[04:14] | Tom.Tommy, remember– | Tom Tommy 记住 |
[04:18] | anything you need. | 我随时效劳 |
[04:26] | He’s a piece of work. | 他也真有点本事 |
[04:27] | Valchek? Comes with the territory. | Valchek? 他可是带着领地来的 |
[04:30] | You want the First District council seat, | 你要是想坐上首席区议员的座位 |
[04:31] | you make nice with whatever Polish or Greek commander | 你就得同他们丢在东南区的 |
[04:33] | – they dump in the southeast. – Not ltalian. | – 波兰或者希腊帮的头目搞好关系 – 原来不是意大利籍 |
[04:36] | No, there ain’t enough of us left down there. | 不 那儿没有多少我们的人了 |
[04:37] | – You think he has this right? – That Royce tampered with the case? | – 你觉得他的消息准么 – Royce搅和案子的事情吗 |
[04:40] | No way the mayor knows. | 市长不可能知道 |
[04:43] | You’re right. This one has Ervin Burrell written all over it. | 没错 这事肯定全是Ervin Burrell经手的 |
[04:45] | Fuck if the mayor knows or not. If it’s true, | 不管市长知不知道 如果这是真的 |
[04:47] | we get it out there quick and bang him hard. | 我们就放风出去 好好给他们一击 |
[04:49] | – I go public? – They can’t spin this. | – 我来公开吗 – 他们决无还手之力 |
[04:51] | They sabotaged a criminal case. | 他们插手刑事案件 |
[04:52] | No spin on a knuckleball, you still can’t tell how it’s gonna break. | 没有那个实力 我们就无法控制情况的走向 |
[05:03] | We feed it to Tony Gray. We keep ourselves out of the line of fire, | 我们把这事告诉Tony Gray 自己不要参与其中 |
[05:07] | sting Royce, and as an added bonus, | 戳痛Royce的同时 再给他们加一个彩蛋 |
[05:09] | give Gray’s campaign a boost which comes at the expense of the mayor’s base. | 打压市长的同时 给Gray的竞选团也鼓鼓劲 |
[05:17] | I’m a devious motherfucker once I get going. | 我状态起来了之后 也是个阴狠的角色 |
[05:21] | So all told, | 总而言之 |
[05:22] | we’re looking at 13 warrants and six locations. | 我们需要在6处逮捕13名嫌疑人 |
[05:25] | And given my staffing situation… | 从我手上的人手来看… |
[05:28] | Not a problem. | 没问题 |
[05:30] | I can give you my D.E.U., Flex, and Ops squads. | 我可以把毒检部 FLEX 还有公共安全小组都分给你 |
[05:33] | – A sector of uniforms if you need it. – Great. | – 如果需要 可以再分一点警员 – 太好了 |
[05:35] | The problem is, you’re wasting a wiretap on street-level arrests. | 问题是 你这是将窃听情报 浪费在街头逮捕中 |
[05:39] | We do these raids right, we might catch Marlo | 这些突袭是有意义的 我们说不定能抓到Marlo |
[05:41] | or one of his lieutenants at one of these locations, | 或者在这几个地方逮到他手下的头目 |
[05:43] | – get them with dope on the table. – Marlo Stanfield– | – 和毒品一起人赃俱获 – Marlo Stanfield |
[05:46] | in a room, with dope on the table? | 在房子里 人赃俱获? |
[05:48] | I’ve kicked down doors and surprised bigger players than him. | 我以前还突袭过比他更厉害的人 |
[05:52] | Well, let me warn you, Lieutenant– | 好吧 但我得警告你 警督 |
[05:53] | I am not about to litigate a wiretap for a handful of street rips. | 我可不打算为了些小混混 就用上窃听装置 |
[05:58] | Well… that’s on you, Counselor. | 好吧 随你 检察官 |
[06:01] | No, it’s not. | 不 才不是 |
[06:03] | Major, see you tomorrow. | 警司 明天见 |
[06:13] | Floaters– you had any more? | 浮尸 你这儿还有么 |
[06:16] | – No more than usual for the season. – What about decomps? | – 这个季节不太多 – 那腐尸呢 |
[06:19] | What do you got in the decomp room? | 停尸间里有么 |
[06:21] | – Two or three unidentifieds. – Found in Baltimore? | – 两三个无名的 – 巴尔的摩发现的吗 |
[06:23] | No. Actually, two from Prince George’s, | 不 两个是Prince George的 |
[06:24] | – one from Dorchester. – Nah, he wouldn’t drive that far. | – 一个是多尔切斯特的 – 不 他不会去那么远的地方 |
[06:27] | Let me get this straight: | 我先把话说明白了 |
[06:28] | You’re looking for extra bodies, no one in particular, | 你们在找一具尸体 别的都不要 |
[06:30] | other than this one kid you already put out on the teletype. | 只要那个你们已经用窃听锁定的孩子? |
[06:33] | Yeah. You on it. | 对 没错 |
[06:35] | You fellas don’t have enough work? | 你们闲得没事干了吗 |
[06:40] | If you do your classwork, homework,you earn stickers. | 如果你们上课做练习 回家做作业 那么就有一个小标签 |
[06:44] | Dag, yo, every day you be changing it up. | 要命呀 你天天变来变去的 |
[06:46] | You got us confused, Mr. P. | 你可把我们搞糊涂了 P先生 |
[06:49] | Behave in class, that’s another sticker. | 上课表现好 还有一个小标签 |
[06:52] | At the end of the week, the four with the most stickers get a prize | 每周结束的时候 标签数量前四的可以得到奖励 |
[06:57] | and are eligible for a grand drawing at the end of the month. | 然后可以在月底去参加狂欢节 |
[07:00] | Don’t do your work, | 不做作业的 |
[07:03] | misbehave in class… | 上课表现不好的 |
[07:07] | …your name goes here. | 我会把你的名字写在这里 |
[07:10] | Detention– a full hour after school, no exceptions. | 留校惩罚 放学后一小时 决不姑息 |
[07:13] | So it’s up to you– stickers for prizes | 所以决定权在你们 是要奖励小标签 |
[07:16] | or stay with me after school. | 还是要放学和我杵在一起 |
[07:19] | Yo, Mr. P., why you do me detention, huh? | 喂 P先生 你干嘛惩罚我呢 |
[07:21] | You interrupted the class, Namond. | 你在课堂上插话了 Namond |
[07:23] | Yo, when you first came in here, you was all treating us straight up, | 唉 你刚来的时候 对我们都挺正派的 |
[07:26] | and now you just dog me before I even know the rules. | 现在我还不知道规则 你就先坑我了 |
[07:29] | That ain’t right, man. | 这可不对 兄弟 |
[07:36] | When you’re right, Namond, you’re right. | 你说的没错 Namond |
[07:39] | Hey, Mr. P., I want me some of them stickers. | 嘿 P先生 我想要点小标签 |
[07:41] | Zenobia, you have to do your work. | Zenobia 你得先做作业 |
[07:44] | I want to, but I ain’t got no pencils. | 我也想啊 但我没笔 |
[07:53] | I don’t want no damn welfare pencil! | 我才不要施舍来的笔呢 |
[08:10] | It seems to me | 在我看来 |
[08:12] | there are two kinds of kids walking in this building– | 这里可以分为两种学生 |
[08:15] | stoop kids and corner kids. | 自贬的孩子 和角落里的孩子 |
[08:18] | – Excuse me? – You know, stoop kids | – 什么意思? – 自贬的孩子就是 |
[08:19] | stay on their front steps when their parents tell them. | 当他们父母要求的时候 他们还会继续进步 |
[08:22] | The others go down to the corners. | 而其他的一些则退到角落里去了 |
[08:24] | They can’t sit still in the class. The others can and do. | 他们在教室里坐不牢 而其他孩子可以 |
[08:27] | – So separate the two. – That’s tracking. | – 所以得把他们分开 – 这是区分对待 |
[08:30] | – Excuse me? – Tracking students. | – 什么 – 区分学生 |
[08:33] | It’s a nasty phrase in educational circles. | 这是教育界里的黑话 |
[08:35] | It refers to the grouping of children based on expected performance. | 是指对孩子分别寄予不同的期望 |
[08:38] | – What’s wrong with it? – It says you have reduced expectations | – 这又怎么了 – 如果你降低对某些学生的期望 |
[08:41] | for certain students, that you expect less from them academically. | 那你对他们的学习成绩 就不那么看重了 |
[08:46] | So you pretend to teach all these kids, | 所以你假装自己在教这些孩子 |
[08:48] | and the truth is, you ain’t teaching any of them. | 但其实你一个都不愿意教 |
[08:50] | But what if the stoop kids | 但如果没了干扰 |
[08:52] | could be in classrooms where there was no disruptions? | 那些自贬的孩子就可以留在课堂中呢 |
[08:54] | – And the corner kids? – They’re the ones you’re after, right? | – 那角落孩子怎么办 – 你就是为了他们来的 对不对 |
[08:56] | That’s why you got the grant money. | 你就是因为这个才能挣大钱 |
[08:58] | As long as this doesn’t involve warehousing children, | 只要不包括仓库区来的孩子 |
[09:00] | I’m for anything that allows me to do my job. | 一切对我工作有利的 我都会支持 |
[09:03] | Every teacher here will tell you the same. | 这里的老师都会这么回答你 |
[09:05] | The trick for you is to come up with a program | 你的责任则是设计出一个计划 |
[09:07] | that actually addresses itself to the corner kids. | 能够帮助这些角落孩子 |
[09:10] | We start pulling kids out of regular classes– won’t they be stigmatized? | 我们将某些孩子从普通班隔离开 他们不会感觉难堪吗 |
[09:13] | There’s not a stigma in being booted out of class every other day? | 难道每天从教室里被赶出来 就不难堪吗 |
[09:16] | Question is, | 问题是 |
[09:18] | how do we identify the corner kids? | 我们怎么才能区别出角落孩子 |
[09:19] | That won’t be a problem. | 这不是问题 |
[09:22] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[09:34] | You understand the work? | 你知道题目讲什么吗 |
[09:39] | Come on, this is easy. I know you can do it. | 别这样 很简单的 我知道你做得出 |
[09:47] | You’re not giving me a choice. You have detention. | 你逼我给你留校惩罚 |
[09:50] | Yo, Na’, Mrs. D. shaking bushes. | 哇 D女士在摇树丛 |
[09:53] | Back to your seats. | 回座位去 |
[09:57] | What the fuck? She got my blade, yo. | 搞什么呐 她把我的刀拿走了 |
[09:59] | I said, “Back to your seats.” | 我说了 都回座位去 |
[10:08] | Yo, Mrs. D. be stealing shit. | D女士这个小偷 |
[10:10] | I ain’t never gonna get my blade back. | 我这辈子都拿不回我的刀了 |
[10:15] | Yo, what are you all up on me for? I do my work. | 喂 你看着我干什么呢 我作业不是做了吗 |
[10:18] | I’m not your yo. Show me your work. | 我不是”喂” 给我看你的作业 |
[10:26] | Yeah, I see. | 是啊 做了 |
[10:28] | Yo, my hand hurting from all this learning. You got some Tylenol? | 喂 我写字写得手疼 你泰诺有么 |
[10:33] | What I got for you is detention. | 我这儿有惩罚 |
[10:36] | – You know what? Fuck you, Prezbo. – Oh-hh! | – 操你大爷的 Prezbo – 哦哦哦 |
[10:38] | Fucking gimpy-assed, big-grill motherfucker. | 操你这个狗杂种 |
[10:41] | That’s it. You’re out of here! | 够了 出去! |
[10:47] | Go! | 滚啊! |
[10:56] | Get your police stick out your desk and beat me. | 把你那警棍拿出来抽我呀 |
[10:59] | – You know you fucking want to. – Oh-hh. | – 你自己知道你想抽我 – 哦哦哦 |
[11:06] | The fuck you looking at, bitch? | 瞧什么瞧呢 臭婊子 |
[11:10] | Oh-hh, Ms. Sampson, l– | 哦 Sampson女士 我… |
[11:12] | Namond Brice, if you weren’t headed to the main office, | Namond Brice 如果你刚不打算去校长室 |
[11:14] | – you are now. – Yeah, I was just– | – 你现在可以去了 – 对 我这就… |
[11:21] | One of the corner kids, huh? | 这就是角落孩子吗 |
[11:24] | Yeah, they do step up when you need them, don’t they? | 对 你需要的时候 他们就会出现的 不是么 |
[11:26] | Look, what? You want me to say you right? You right. | 怎么 你想让我说你没错吗 你没错 |
[11:30] | I should have had protection at the card game. | 上次打牌我是该派点人看着 |
[11:32] | Done is done. | 过去就过去了 |
[11:34] | Now we need to decide what we’re gonna do about Omar. | 我们现在该想想 拿Omar怎么办 |
[11:36] | You make the price right, | 你价钱开的对 |
[11:37] | somebody gonna get a whiff of that bushwhacker’s ass. | 总有人会替你把那家伙给你收拾了 |
[11:41] | Now you take it from there. | 到那时候你再想吧 |
[11:43] | You think so? | 你觉得这样行吗 |
[11:46] | I ain’t saying Omar can’t be got. Any nigger can be got. | 我不是说搞不定Omar 是个黑佬都能搞定 |
[11:49] | But once we put word to ear | 但如果我们放话出去了 |
[11:50] | and he learn that we pricing out his head, | 他知道我们想要买人搞他 |
[11:52] | he’s gonna be trying us like we’re trying him. | 他肯定要跟我们搞他一样来搞我们 |
[11:56] | – You saying I should let it slide? – Nah. | – 那你是说这次算了? – 不 |
[11:58] | Nah, we get at him another way, | 不 我们换个方法来搞他 |
[12:01] | get at him without no bounties, no bullshit like that. | 不要买人 不要用这种方法 |
[12:04] | Barksdale turned this town upside down hunting him, | Barksdale把这地方搞得天翻地覆 想要抓到他 |
[12:07] | and all he ended up looking was weak. | 但他结果还是软掉了 |
[12:08] | I ain’t no Barksdale. | 我可不是Barksdale |
[12:10] | I’m just saying talk is cheap. | 我只是想说 光说没用 |
[12:13] | We sit on it, we gonna figure out a way to get that faggot. | 我们稳住了 总能想到办法把这黑佬给搞了 |
[12:15] | But till then we don’t say a mumbling word. | 但事成之前 不要到处宣扬 |
[12:25] | I got me six now, and I’ll give you the four later, all right? Come on! | 我现在有6块了 我到时候再还你4块 成不成 |
[12:29] | – Nah. I’m gonna need the whole 10 now. – Sherrod! | – 不行 我现在就要这10块 – Sherrod! |
[12:33] | – You ain’t in school? – I’m half a day– teachers’ meeting. | – 今天不上课吗 – 半天放假 老师开会 |
[12:36] | Come on, I told you about those lame excuses, man. | 得了吧 我跟你说过 扯谎也扯高明点 |
[12:39] | – I was talking to him first. – Ain’t no need for physical contact– | – 我先跟他说话的 – 不用拉拉扯扯的 |
[12:41] | You got $4 for me? I’m short $4. | 你有4块吗 我还差4块 |
[12:43] | What the fuck are you talking– | 你他妈在说什么呢 |
[12:46] | Got a cart full of shit, nigger. What you got for me? | 吐什么脏呢 黑佬 你身上有多少钱 |
[12:49] | I know you holding. | 我知道你藏着 |
[12:50] | Where’s it at? You ain’t hear? | 藏哪里了 你聋了吗 |
[12:53] | Okay.It’s in my shoe– my shoe. | 在我鞋子里 在我鞋子里 |
[13:03] | Don’t need the four now, son. | 现在不差钱了 小子 |
[13:18] | Damn, yo, where the shovel at? Bury that nigger, man. | 该死 喂 铲子在哪儿 快把这黑佬给埋了 |
[13:43] | Here you go, sir, thank you. | 给你先生 谢谢 |
[13:45] | – Tommy Carcetti, running for mayor. – Good luck, Tommy. | – Tommy Carcetti 竞选市长 – 祝你好运 Tommy |
[13:47] | – Hey, Mr. Carcetti, you got my vote. – Thanks. | – 嘿 Carcetti先生 我投票给你 – 谢谢 |
[13:49] | – Tom Carcetti. – Hey, thank you very much. | – Tom Carcetti – 非常感谢 |
[13:52] | How you doing? Tommy Carcetti, running for mayor. | 你好 Tommy Carcetti 竞选市长 |
[13:54] | Okay, Councilman, time to hit the West Side. | 好了 议员 该去西市区了 |
[14:09] | Pretty motherfucker– | 算你狠 |
[14:11] | he’s gonna make me go to my game face. | 逼我玩真的 |
[14:16] | Okay, I’ll take 25 of the honeysuckle incense cones– | 好的 我要25盒蜂蜜牛奶球 |
[14:20] | they’ll keep me healthy for next week. | 这些能够保证我下周营养充沛 |
[14:21] | – Tommy! – Excuse me. | – Tommy! – 失陪 |
[14:26] | Tony Gray’s people say 20 minutes at their place. | Tony Gray的人说20分钟后在他的办公室见 |
[14:33] | Shit, Clarence. Look like you did in ’98 | 该死 Clarence 看上去就好象你年轻了十岁 |
[14:35] | when you surprised the hell out of everyone. | 那时候你可是让所有人都大吃一惊 |
[14:37] | Just bring ’em on. | 都放马过来吧 |
[14:42] | Why give it to us? Why don’t you stick it to Royce yourself? | 为什么把这事透给我们 你们为什么不自己去搞垮Royce? |
[14:45] | Because after what Tommy did at the debate, | 因为在辩论赛之后 |
[14:47] | it’ll seem like more of the same if it comes from him. | 从我口里说出去 同从Tommy口里说出去没什么差别 |
[14:50] | And if we use it to take four or five points out of Royce’s base, | 而如果我们用这消息 抢到了Royce4到5个点的支持率 |
[14:54] | it helps him as much as us. | 对他来说一样也有帮助 |
[14:57] | Once bitten, twice shy. | 一石二鸟 |
[14:58] | With Tommy Carcetti, I got to always think a step ahead. | 同Tommy Caretti竞争 我总得把棋都想好了 |
[15:01] | Look, Tony, you ain’t gonna win. So the only question is | 你瞧 Tony 你赢不了的 唯一的问题是 |
[15:05] | whether you wanna lose with 24% of the vote or 28%. | 你是输在24个点还是28个点 |
[15:10] | You bring the numbers up, | 把支持率提上去了 |
[15:12] | you look good for the legislature– | 在议会里你脸面也过得去 |
[15:14] | maybe a congressional run. | 说不定你能参选国会 |
[15:17] | – Albert Stokes. – Here. | – Albert Stokes – 到 |
[15:18] | Mr. P., can I go? My moms told me to go straight home after school. | P先生 我能走了吗 我妈妈让我一放学就回家 |
[15:22] | Mine too. | 我妈妈也这么说 |
[15:25] | You should have thought of that before you smeared ink all over my desk. | 你把墨水倒在我桌上的时候 怎么没有想想你妈妈呢 |
[15:28] | Weren’t my fault. My pen exploded. | 又不是我的错 我的笔漏了 |
[15:32] | Michael Michael. | |
[15:34] | Michael Lee? Michael Lee? | |
[15:36] | Mr. P., please, can I go? | P先生 求你了 我能走了吗 |
[15:38] | I ain’t eat no lunch, and my stomach making all these noises. | 我都没有吃午饭 我的肚子一直在叫 |
[15:41] | Look, I won’t ever disrespect your pencil again, I promise. | 我发誓再也不会把你的笔弄地上了 |
[15:45] | Zenobia, it wasn’t about the pencil. | Zenobia 不是因为笔 |
[15:47] | Please, Mr. P. | 求你了 P先生 |
[16:00] | – Okay okay, all right. – All right. | – 好吧 好了 安静 – 安静 |
[16:04] | Just this one time, I’ll make an exception. | 就这一次例外 |
[16:08] | But next time, expect to stay the full hour. | 但下次 一个小时谁都别想跑 |
[16:24] | – Why are you here? – Came to say sorry. | – 你来这里做什么 – 来道歉 |
[16:26] | I didn’t mean to get all up in your face like that. | 我不是故意吐你一脸脏的 |
[16:31] | I appreciate that, Namond. | 我接受道歉 Namond |
[16:32] | It takes courage to admit when you’re wrong. | 承认错误需要勇气 |
[16:34] | What I can’t understand– I’ve seen you in Ms. Sampson’s class doing your work. | 我不能理解的是 我见过你 在Sampson女士的课堂上认真做作业 |
[16:37] | – Why can’t you do the same in here? – I mean to, I do. | – 你为什么不能在我的课上也这样呢 – 我想的 真的 |
[16:41] | It’s just the evil get in me and before I know it, I go off. | 但是我心底里有个小恶魔 我有时控制不了自己就爆发了 |
[16:47] | Well… | 好吧 |
[16:49] | tomorrow we’ll see if we can do better. | 我们看看明天有没有改观 |
[16:51] | Can’t tomorrow. Mrs. D. put me out. | 明天不行 D女士把我罚出课堂了 |
[16:54] | I gotta bump. Later, Mr. P. | 我得走了 回见 P先生 |
[16:59] | If you can wait outside… | 你能不能去外面等等… |
[17:02] | It’s okay. He can stay. | 没事的 他不用出去 |
[17:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:11] | Mr. P., you know Michael can’t make it to detention. | P先生 你知道Michael没法留下来罚校的 |
[17:14] | I know he didn’t. Now it’s doubled. | 我知道他没留下来 所以现在加倍了 |
[17:16] | – He’s got two days to serve. – Nah, I mean, he can’t. | – 他得留校两天 – 不 我是说 他不能留校 |
[17:19] | He got to go pick up his little brother from school. | 他得去接他弟弟放学 |
[17:21] | Well, he’ll just have to find somebody else to do that. | 那他得找其他人替他去了 |
[17:25] | It– it ain’t like that. | 不 事情不是这样的 |
[17:27] | I mean, Michael would come if he could, | 我是说 如果他能来 Michael会来的 |
[17:29] | but wouldn’t have nobody else to pick up his little brother Bug. | 但没有别人能替他接他弟弟Bug |
[17:31] | You know, his mother, she on that stuff. | 你知道的 他妈妈 在抽那玩意儿 |
[17:41] | We walking home. You coming? | 我们走路回家 你一起来么 |
[17:43] | Oh, no, I’m waiting on Alpo. Ms. Sampson got him doing detention. | 哦 不 我在等Alpo Sampson女士把他留校了 |
[17:47] | – You gonna be here till, like, 5:00. – Yeah, she a hard lady. | – 那么你要等到5点了 – 对 她很严格 |
[17:49] | She don’t ever give a brother no play. | 她甚至不让他们打球 |
[17:51] | – All right. I’ll holla at you later. – All right, yo. | – 行 到时候再见 – 行 |
[17:58] | So you’re not gonna be in the NBA? | 那么说你不去NBA? |
[17:59] | Then it must be the NFL? | 那你一定是去NFL(橄榄球联盟)咯 |
[18:03] | I thought all the boys in class were gonna join the pros. | 我还以为班里的男生都会变成职业球员 |
[18:05] | Nah, that’s just something we say. | 没 不过是说说罢了 |
[18:08] | So what about you? | 那你想做什么 |
[18:10] | What do you wanna be when you grow up? | 你长大之后想做什么 |
[18:13] | I’m gonna own my own store. | 我想开一家自己的店 |
[18:15] | That’s smart. You’re gonna need to know a lot of math. | 挺聪明的 那你得学好数学 |
[18:22] | You left them in there. | 你忘在车里了 |
[18:25] | – Oh-hh. – Hey, don’t worry, Mr. P. | – 哦 – 别着急 P先生 |
[18:28] | We got you. Hey, Donut! | 有我们呢 嘿 Donut! |
[18:30] | – Yo, yeah. – Donut’s crazy with cars. | – 来了 – Donut可爱车了 |
[18:33] | He can open anything. | 他什么车都能撬开 |
[18:35] | – Hey. What up, man? – Hey. | – 嘿 怎么了 – 嘿 |
[18:36] | Yo, he locked his keys in there. | 他把钥匙锁车里了 |
[18:43] | It’s okay, I can call AAA. | 没事的 我可以叫汽车协会的人来 |
[18:45] | Oh, no problem, chief. | 没事的 老大 |
[19:29] | Feel the need to work them corners, huh? | 你就这么想去街角工作么 |
[19:33] | I’m just asking ’cause you don’t need to be doing what you’re doing. | 我这么问 只是因为你完全没必要这么做 |
[19:35] | I need to learn some shit on my own. | 我得自己去学一点东西 |
[19:38] | I’m trying to help you, Sherrod, but you making it so I can’t. | 我想要帮你 Sherrod 但是你这样我没法帮 |
[19:42] | I didn’t even know the man who beat on you, Bubs. | 我都不认识那个打你的人 Bubs |
[19:44] | He was short money on the corner. | 他差了几块钱 |
[19:46] | I swear he wasn’t nothing to me. | 我发誓他跟我没什么关系 |
[19:48] | Yeah, but when the shit start, there’s nothing to be done, right? | 对 但真惹祸了你也没法处理 对么 |
[19:52] | What would I have done if he started whaling on you? | 要是他动手打你了我会怎么办 |
[19:54] | Same kind of nothing, see? That’s how the corners be. | 我是不是也和你没有关系 街角这儿就是这样 |
[20:00] | They going to use you up, Sherrod. | 他们都在利用你 Sherrod |
[20:08] | You welcome to stay tonight, but you ain’t in school tomorrow morning, | 今晚你还睡这儿吧 但如果你明天早上还不去上学 |
[20:12] | this partnership need to be done. | 那我们就此别过吧 |
[20:43] | These two precincts are the bellwether for the Fifth. | 这两个区是第五区的前导 |
[20:45] | If you can take even 18% out of Carcetti in these, | 如果你能在这儿吃掉Carecetti18个点 |
[20:49] | it’s a good guess he won’t have the numbers citywide. | 那他在全市范围内就拿不到足够的票数 |
[20:51] | And who are we ticketed with over here? | 在那里谁支持我们竞选? |
[20:54] | The N.D.O., I hope, because… | 希望是NDO 因为… |
[20:59] | …this amid allegations that high-ranking police officials intervened | 这份陈述中显示 数位高位警方官员 |
[21:02] | to have a veteran police detective removed from the controversial case. | 插手将一位老练的警探 从一起争议案件中调离 |
[21:06] | The Braddock murder became a focal point in the mayoral campaign | 随着Thomas Carcetti议员声称 |
[21:09] | when Councilman Thomas Carcetti alleged the West Baltimore man was killed | 西巴尔的摩人Baraddock之所以被谋杀 是因为他是一起案件的证人 |
[21:14] | because he was a witness in the case. | 这起谋杀案便成为了市长竞选中的焦点 |
[21:16] | …Because they were afraid the police would prove | 因为他们担忧 警方将会证实 |
[21:17] | what they most fear, that Fredro Braddock was murdered | 其最为担心的事情 即Fredro Braddock被谋杀的原因 |
[21:20] | because he was a witness, and the city failed to protect him. | 是因为他是一名证人 而政府对其保护不周 |
[21:25] | It’s on all three channels. | 三个频道都在放 |
[21:27] | And “The Sun” and “The Post” are both calling for comment. | 太阳报和邮报都打电话来 让我们做出回应 |
[21:34] | And my sources within the department say the rank-and-file officers | 我在警局内的线人告诉我 一名资深警官 |
[21:37] | are simply appalled by this blatant political manipulation. | 只为达到无耻政客的目的 而被简单地调离 |
[21:39] | Damn, turn it up. | 要死 声音开大点 |
[21:41] | Hey, Greggs, you’re famous. | 嘿 Greggs 你出名了 |
[21:43] | …is to remove a highly-decorated veteran | 他们毫无理由地调离了一名声名显赫 |
[21:46] | with 15 years’ experience as a murder investigator without reason… | 有着十五年谋杀案调查经验的警官 |
[21:49] | – That’d be me. – Then replaced with a rookie | – 那是我 – 然后用一个从来没有调查过 |
[21:51] | who has yet to handle a single homicide investigation… | 一起谋杀案的新人替而代之 |
[21:53] | – That’d be you. -…then we need to rethink… | – 那是你 -…我们必须来想一想… |
[21:55] | The fuck I ever do to him? | 我哪儿招惹他了? |
[22:01] | You gonna make it too heavy, yo. | 你这玩意是不是做得有点重了啊 |
[22:02] | It might work if we make it bigger. | 如果我们再做大点 说不定有用 |
[22:05] | It would work if we had balsa wood, you know? | 如果我们用轻木来做 就会有用了 |
[22:06] | – It’s really light and strong. – Man, you so full of– | – 那才是又轻又牢 – 你还真是满嘴瞎… |
[22:10] | oh, shit. | 哦 该死 |
[22:17] | Zombie Master. | 僵尸大师 |
[22:25] | Need to take us a little walk. | 跟我们走走聊聊 |
[22:28] | Nah, I’m good here. | 不 我在这儿挺好的 |
[22:30] | Yo. Young’uns need to move along. | 喂 年轻人多动动 |
[22:34] | Sure, Chris, we’ll bump. | 好 Chris 我们这就走 |
[22:42] | – Yo, Snoop, your sister in my class. – What the fuck? | – 喂 小混混 你姐姐和我一个班的 – 搞什么? |
[22:44] | You high or something, nigger? | 你磕高了吗 黑佬 |
[22:48] | You boys be smoking that shit? | 你们这群小子在抽大烟么 |
[22:54] | Hearing good things about you. | 听说了你做的好事 |
[22:56] | Say you straight up, take care of your people, | 说你挺直了腰杆 照顾自家人 |
[22:58] | not begging no handouts. | 没投降讨饶 |
[23:01] | Motherfucker, you hear the nigger talking to you, | 小混球 黑佬在跟你说话呢 |
[23:03] | giving you praises and shit. You standing here looking fucking stupid. | 他表扬你呢 你这样站着看上去真傻 |
[23:06] | Yo, chill. | 喂 别说了 |
[23:09] | Sometimes she get a little hot. | 有时候她是有些火爆 |
[23:11] | I’m just saying the boy ain’t right! | 我只是说这小子不对劲 |
[23:14] | Yo, we always in the market for a good soldier. | 喂 我们一直在找好兄弟 |
[23:17] | When we see one we like, we take care of the situation– | 我们找到合适的 就会照顾他 |
[23:20] | take him in, school him, make him family. | 领他入门 教育他 给他家的感觉 |
[23:24] | And if you’re with us,you’re with us, just like we’d be with you all the way. | 如果你和我们在一起 那我们就把你放心上 兄弟之间互相照应 |
[23:28] | You have a mind, you’re in. | 你有意思的话 就加入吧 |
[23:30] | Look, man. I already got a family– | 听着 兄弟 我有家 |
[23:33] | my moms and my little brother. | 我妈妈 还有我弟弟 |
[23:36] | Yeah, heard that. | 对 我听说了 |
[23:39] | But think on it. | 但你考虑下吧 |
[23:44] | We’ll be around if you need something. | 如果你需要什么 我们会来帮忙的 |
[24:01] | He saw me, yo. I knew it. | 他看到我了 我就知道 |
[24:02] | I knew Chris was asking Michael about me. | 我知道Chris在问Michael我的事 |
[24:05] | I knew it, man. I’m dead. | 我知道 我死定了 |
[24:09] | – Yo, man, good looking out. – Yeah. | – 兄弟 谢谢望风了 – 没事 |
[24:11] | – I thought they was gonna– – Yeah, I know, I know. | – 我还以为他们… – 对 我知道 我知道 |
[24:13] | What-what he ask about me? I know he asked about me. | 他问起我什么了 我知道他问到我了 |
[24:15] | – What’d you say? What’d you tell him? – Calm down, | – 你说什么了 你告诉他什么了 – 冷静点 |
[24:16] | – it weren’t even about you. – Yo, for real, | – 和你没什么关系 – 喂 说真的 |
[24:18] | you need to tell me. What did he ask you? | 你的告诉我 他问你什么了 |
[24:22] | Yo, you right, man. Chris was all up in your business. | 对 没错 Chris关心死你了 |
[24:26] | He down on you for some deep shit, man. | 你这次真是惹恼了他了 |
[24:29] | I don’t even know what. | 我都不知道是什么事 |
[24:33] | Nah, I’m just fucking with you, man. | 没呢 我开你玩笑呢 |
[24:35] | He didn’t even speak your name. | 他都没有提起你的名字 |
[24:49] | So, Erv, what’s next? Your officers gonna shoot a couple of tourists? | Erv 接下来怎么办 你的警员要开枪射击旅客么 |
[24:53] | Maybe fly a helicopter into Harbor Place? | 还是朝港口开几架直升机? |
[24:56] | What can we expect the last week of my re-election campaign? | 我的连任竞选都最后一个礼拜了 我还能指望点啥 |
[24:59] | Sir, I did what you asked– no more, no less. | 市长 我按照你说的做了 一分不多 一分不少 |
[25:02] | Hamsterdam– legalized drug zone? | Hamsterdam 合法的毒品区吗 |
[25:04] | Oh, he takes responsibility for that. | 哦 这是他的责任 |
[25:06] | – The subpoenas all over town. – That, too. | – 满城都是传票 – 这也是之一 |
[25:08] | Well, then the leak about the witness murder. That was his shop too, right? | 还有证人谋杀案的消息泄露 也是他的问题 对么 |
[25:11] | – Hell, yeah. – And now this last thing, | – 对头 – 还有最后一件 |
[25:14] | transferring detectives off the case– what is that? What is that? | 将调查的警员调离案件 这算什么 这算什么? |
[25:19] | – Scuttling the investigation. – Yeah, right. | – 干涉调查 – 没错 |
[25:21] | – Yeah, that’s awful– Jesus! – Mr. Mayor, you asked me | – 对 真糟糕 天啊 – 市长先生 你要我 |
[25:24] | to slow that investigation down. | 放慢调查的节奏 |
[25:27] | Subtle, Ervin. Hmm? | 个中微妙你能体会么 Ervin |
[25:29] | You hold a few facts for a few weeks. | 你能隐瞒几周的证据 |
[25:32] | You put a report or two in a desk drawer. | 将某个报告锁在抽屉里 |
[25:35] | But the transferring of people off a case?! | 但你居然把调查的警官调离了案件?! |
[25:37] | Look, you told me… | 你当时告诉我… |
[25:39] | you specifically wanted me to not– | 你特别要求我不要… |
[25:41] | Ervin, you may leave. | Ervin 你可以走了 |
[25:44] | – Mr. Mayor– – That will be all, Commissioner. | – 市长先生… – 没你的事了 局长 |
[26:01] | No, I need a word or two with your deputy, Ervin. | 不 我要和你的副局长聊聊 Ervin |
[26:17] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[26:27] | I tried to warn him. | 我想要警告他来着 |
[26:28] | I mean, if it leaked out of Homicide about the dead witness, | 我是说既然证人被杀的事情已经泄露了 |
[26:31] | why wouldn’t it leak that we bumped a detective? | 那为什么不会泄露 我们调离了警官的事情呢 |
[26:33] | Why didn’t you come to us beforehand? | 你之前为什么没来找我们 |
[26:37] | I’m a loyal subordinate, Mr. Mayor, | 我是一个忠诚的下级 市长先生 |
[26:40] | and Ervin is a good man working under considerable pressure. | Ervin是个好人 就是工作压力有点大 |
[26:43] | He’s a hack. | 他是个庸士 |
[26:44] | You’re not bothered by the pressure, Deputy? | 你不觉得压力大么 副局长 |
[26:47] | Not in the least. | 一点都不 |
[26:54] | I need you to make this go away, Bill. | 我需要你把这事摆平 Bill |
[26:56] | I won’t forget, believe me. | 我不会忘了你的好的 相信我 |
[27:11] | Another thing– Slim Charles got up with me. | 还有一件事 瘦子Charles找上我了 |
[27:14] | Said the fat man want a sitdown. | 说胖子想要坐下谈谈 |
[27:15] | Nah. I did that already. | 不行 我已经谈过了 |
[27:18] | Well, Slim say the fat man knew the card game was gonna get took. | 瘦子说胖子之前就知道 牌局会被端掉 |
[27:21] | He did, did he? Set it up. | 他知道啊 去安排吧 |
[27:25] | Why you always be back here? | 你们为什么总来这里 |
[27:27] | Quiet. And I can see what comes. | 安静 来什么人我都能看见 |
[27:30] | But you out in the weather and shit. | 但这儿风吹雨打的 |
[27:31] | – I don’t like to speak in no rooms. – Yeah. | – 我不喜欢在屋子里谈 – 对 |
[27:34] | Yo, oh-oh, you ain’t staying long. | 喂 别 你不能久留 |
[27:39] | So you know, I almost got that for you. | 我来告诉你呀 你的钱我快凑齐了 |
[27:42] | I just need a couple of days more. | 就是还需要点时间 |
[27:44] | You can keep my money for now. | 我的钱你先拿着吧 |
[27:46] | – I got something that needs doing. – Anything, Marlo– your call. | – 我需要你帮我做点别的事 – 随便什么 Marlo 你说了算 |
[27:49] | Omar gonna come in your store, stick it up, rob you. | Omar会来你的店 洗劫你 |
[27:53] | You gonna call the police, make a report. You feel me? | 你要报警 做笔录 懂了吗 |
[27:57] | Yeah, that’ll work, but, uh, you know when he get out, | 对 那行 但是 你知道等他出来了… |
[28:00] | he’s coming right at me, I ain’t scared or nothing. | 他会冲着我来的 我不是害怕什么的 |
[28:03] | – I’m just saying, you know? – He ain’t gonna get out. | – 只是提醒下 – 他出不来的 |
[28:12] | A man make bail on robbery. | 抢劫是可以保释的 |
[28:16] | Make it no bail. | 那就别让他保释 |
[28:20] | If you have a problem,Iike you can’t make it to detention,you need to tell me. | 如果你有麻烦 比如说不能留校 那你得告诉我 |
[28:27] | That’s your responsibility. | 那是你的责任 |
[28:28] | People will be more than willing to help you out,but it’s up to you to ask. | 大家都乐意帮助你 但是你不开口别人不知道 |
[28:35] | You can go back to the cafeteria…or hang up here. | 你回餐厅吧 或者在这儿吃也行 |
[28:50] | Duquan, could you come here? | Duquan 你能过来一下吗 |
[29:04] | I thought maybe you could help me out– I packed too much. | 你也许可以帮我一个忙 我弄多了 |
[29:29] | Take this down to the cafeteria and get yourself something to drink from the machine. | 拿着去餐厅的自动售货机上买点饮料吧 |
[29:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:43] | Crystal, you got a second? | Crystal 你有空吗 |
[29:49] | What’s up with Duquan? | Duquan怎么了 |
[29:50] | I gave him some new clothes. I was expecting– | 我给了他一点新衣服 我还以为… |
[29:53] | He might have lost them. | 他说不定已经弄丢了 |
[29:55] | That fast? | 这么快? |
[29:58] | It weren’t that. | 不是这样的 |
[30:00] | His people take his clothes, sell it on the corners. | 他那儿的人拿走他的衣服 在街角卖 |
[30:03] | – You’re kidding. – No, sir. | – 不是真的吧 – 是真的 老师 |
[30:05] | Everybody knows. | 大家都知道 |
[30:10] | Which brings me to what we’re proposing– | 接下来我就要说到我们的解决方案 |
[30:12] | different kids, different approaches. | 对不同的孩子 使用不同的方法 |
[30:14] | You tell us who we need to touch at North Avenue to get the go-ahead. | 你告诉我们都要去找些什么人征求许可 |
[30:17] | The “Puzzle Palace”? | 那迷宫吗 |
[30:18] | Look, if y’all still wanna jump in and help, I’m fine with it. | 听着 如果你们还想继续搅和进来帮忙 我是没什么意见 |
[30:22] | That’s about all the okay you need in my house. | 在我这里 这一句话就够了 |
[30:26] | The Stricker Street situation is waiting in the office. | Stricker街的那事儿 在你办公室里等着你去解决呢 |
[30:32] | Neighborhood squabbles, and my babies bring it in here. | 芝麻大点事情闹得天翻地覆 |
[30:35] | Two fights yesterday– all because the mothers can’t get along. | 昨天打了两次 都是因为做妈的合不来 |
[30:39] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[30:40] | Mrs. Donnelly will work out the nuts and bolts. | Donnelly夫人会给你们讲细节的 |
[30:44] | But just so you hear it, thank you. | 但正如我刚所说的 谢谢 |
[30:47] | It’ll be the only time anyone in this system will think to say it. | 体制里的别人可不会再说这样的话了 |
[30:54] | He’s a good man. You need to protect him. | 他是个好人 你们得保护他 |
[30:56] | – Protect him? – Principal Withers | – 保护他? – Withers校长 |
[30:58] | just went out on a limb for you, | 义无反顾地支持你们 |
[31:00] | and in this system they know how to handle a chainsaw. | 而这个体制里的人都知道拿谁开刀 |
[31:03] | Excuse me? | 怎么了 |
[31:05] | Anyone has a problem with what we’re doing, it’s on him. | 要是有人对我们的所作所为不满 就会怪到他的头上 |
[31:09] | So you specified eighth-graders? | 你们要看八年级学生吗 |
[31:12] | We have 256 on roll. | 我们有256名在读 |
[31:16] | 241 attend on a regular basis. | 241名参加的是常规课程 |
[31:19] | Of those, 40 or so would fit your bill of corner kids. | 这些中有40个孩子 符合你们所谓的角落孩子 |
[31:22] | 40? 40? | |
[31:26] | Pretty workable. | 还成 |
[31:30] | – What would you suggest? – Start with 10 or so. | – 你觉得呢 – 先从10个左右开始吧 |
[31:33] | Ms. Sampson has enough to get you going. | Sampson夫人那儿的足够你们应付了 |
[31:34] | – One of them named Namond Brice? – Pick of the litter. | – 其中一个叫Namond Brice? – 祸害中的祸害 |
[31:38] | But you’ll have to wait. He’s on a three-day suspension. | 但你们得等 他正在接受3天的留校处分 |
[31:40] | Tilghman Middle School. Can I help you? | Tilghman高中 有什么可以为您效劳的? |
[31:50] | Remember when I was a cadet, I was up here on a cadaver search. | 记得当年我还是个实习警察 我来这儿找一具尸体 |
[31:54] | Instructor gets on the radio to say, | 导师在电台里说 |
[31:56] | “We’re looking for one body in particular. | “我们在找一具特定的尸体” |
[31:59] | If you go grabbing everyone you see, we’ll be here all day,” he says. | “如果你碰上一具就瞧个半天 我们一天就费在这儿了”他说 |
[32:04] | Leakin Park… | Leakin公园… |
[32:06] | where West Baltimore brings out its dead. | 西巴尔的摩人的葬身之地 |
[32:09] | Not anymore, from the look of things. | 现在看来 不再是了 |
[32:11] | Not by the roadside, anyway. | 至少路边不是了 |
[32:16] | If he’s dumping them here, he’s dumping them deep in the woods. | 如果他把尸体扔在这里 他会扔到树林深处去 |
[32:23] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[32:24] | At each raid site, | 预计在每一个突击点 |
[32:26] | we’re anticipating dope or cash or guns. | 我们都能够找到毒品 赃款 或者枪支 |
[32:30] | All warrants are for prime locations | 逮捕令是留待重要的地点使用的 |
[32:33] | Iinked to high-level violators. | 在那里我们将找到高级别的犯罪者 |
[32:35] | Weeks-old addresses linked to low-level corner boys. | 过期的地址只能找到底层的跑腿小子 |
[32:38] | We’ll also be sweeping drug corners at these locations. | 同时我们将在这些地点扫荡毒品巢穴 |
[32:41] | Wagons will hold in this location here. | 车会停在这些地方 |
[32:43] | Jump-off time– 1500 hours. | 突袭时间 下午三点整 |
[32:46] | We take our position 10 minutes before the assault here. | 我们在行动前10分钟到达指定位置 |
[32:50] | The go is on my say-so. | 听我的命令行动 |
[32:53] | Questions? Excellent. | 还有问题吗 很好 |
[32:56] | We’ll hold in the rec room till it’s time to stage. | 在行动开始之前 我们都留在娱乐室待命 |
[33:05] | Warrants are one thing, | 逮捕令是一件事 |
[33:06] | but street sweeps on Marlo Stanfield’s crews? Are you guys serious? | 但扫荡Marlo Stanfield的人手? 你们说真的吗 |
[33:09] | Carv, you give these hoodleheads too much credit. | Carv 你太把这些屁话当一回事了 |
[33:12] | Trust me on this, Boy Wonder. | 相信我 好奇宝宝 |
[33:14] | Never mind this horseshit. | 当我没说 |
[33:17] | So what’ve they got you doing for your man? | 他们给你都安排了什么工作 |
[33:18] | Who, the lieutenant? | 谁 警督吗 |
[33:20] | No, Royce. Herc, the mayor’s your meal ticket. | 不是 是Royce Herc 市长是你的饭票啊 |
[33:24] | He gets another four years, you’re liable to wear the gold braid. | 他连任四年 你就可以带上金穗带了 |
[33:26] | Shouldn’t you be out waving a campaign sign or some shit? | 难道你不出去给他摇旗呐喊吗 |
[33:34] | And so ends the last crusade of the Major Crimes Unit–with a whimper. | 于是乎重案调查小队的命运 就以一声呜呼完结 |
[33:40] | Lester would cry to see his wiretap cannibalized for that crap. | Lester看到自己的窃听器 为了这样的蠢事而被拆掉 肯定会哭 |
[33:44] | Street sweeps on Marlo Stanfield? | 扫荡Marlo Stanfield? |
[33:50] | – So what else you got cooking? – Narcotics cases? | – 你手上还有什么案子吗 – 毒品的案子? |
[33:53] | C.I.D. has the Burman indictment coming in. Nothing past that. | 刑事调查局的人拿到了缅甸人的公诉书 没什么会漏过去的了 |
[33:57] | As wars go, this drug thing seems to rate less and less. | 随着事情的发展 看来毒品的关联越来越弱了 |
[34:02] | If Demper wins and manages to forgive my trespasses, | 如果Demper胜诉了 并且试着忘记我干涉的事情 |
[34:05] | maybe I’ll go in and beg for something new. | 也许我还能去求点别的什么 |
[34:08] | I don’t know. Just feels like enough’s enough. | 我也不知道 只是感觉受够了 |
[34:14] | Crutchfield, line two, lntake. | Crutchfield 二号线 打进 |
[34:20] | – Sergeant, you were looking for me? – I was, yeah. | – 警长 你找我? – 对 |
[34:22] | Curly fry? Chicken doohickey? | 咖喱薯条? 小鸡块? |
[34:26] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[34:34] | Norris is back on the Braddock case. | Norris重回Braddock的案子 |
[34:37] | It’s by order of the deputy ops. | 是副局长的命令 |
[34:39] | In fact, we’re gonna go with a story that says | 其实 我们要这么说 |
[34:41] | he was never off the case, that you and he are partnered, | 他从来都没有调离过这个案子 你们俩是在一起搭档 |
[34:44] | a task force of two, working it together. | 通力协作 共同调查 |
[34:49] | Fuck you, fat man. | 操你 胖子 |
[34:52] | Not original, but succinct. I like your approach. | 并非原创 但简短有力 我喜欢你的说法 |
[34:55] | Y’all humiliate me once by dropping me into this thing, | 你指派我调查这个案子 已经羞辱过我一次 |
[34:58] | and now you’re gonna shame me again by bringing Norris back. | 现在又让Norris回来 再让我丢一次脸 |
[35:16] | This is Homicide, Detective. | 这是谋杀调查组 警探 |
[35:17] | This is not some boiler room unit where no one pays attention | 而不是其他什么茶水间小组 大家都不在乎 |
[35:20] | to whatever the fuck it is you call police work. | 他们干的活是不是够称得上警察 |
[35:22] | The bosses? They know our names up here. | 老大都知道我们的名字 |
[35:26] | Now I didn’t like it when they came to me | 我并不喜欢他们 |
[35:28] | and told me to dump Norris, but dump him I did. | 让我把Norris调走 但我还是调了 |
[35:32] | And it’s not like I wanna carry water for them | 我也不喜欢现在为他们背黑锅 |
[35:33] | now that they’re pretending they never told me to do any such thing, | 假装他们从来没有指示我 做过这样的事情 |
[35:36] | but carry the water I will. And in the end, | 但我还是背了 而最后 |
[35:38] | when everyone else in this unit is buried and beshitted, | 等这个小组里的其他人 都抹上黑名翻不了身 |
[35:42] | this detective sergeant will still be standing. | 只有我这个警长还站着瞧你们 |
[35:47] | So get the story straight: | 把故事编好了 |
[35:50] | Norris was always the primary, | Norris一直都是主要调查警官 |
[35:52] | and you are now assisting on an investigation | 而你正在协助他 |
[35:54] | which is progressing even as we speak. | 哪怕我们说话这会儿 调查仍在进行 |
[35:57] | Does the colonel know about this? | 副总警监知道这件事情吗 |
[36:01] | He’s in the hospital– | 他在医院里 |
[36:03] | chemo didn’t work. | 化疗没起作用 |
[36:09] | Press conference is upstairs in half an hour. | 半小时之后去楼上开新闻发布会 |
[36:11] | – So don’t be late. – Press conference? | – 别迟到了 – 新闻发布会? |
[36:21] | I ain’t mean to laugh at you none. | 我不是故意嘲笑你的 |
[36:24] | I know it sound crazy, but I ain’t joking. | 我知道听上去很疯狂 但我真没开玩笑 |
[36:27] | For real, Lex a zombie. | 真的 Lex是个僵尸 |
[36:29] | I knew it way before what Na’ and them was saying. | Na他们说之前我就知道了 |
[36:32] | Listen,they had me tell Lex to go up to the playground. | 听着 他们让我叫Lex去操场 |
[36:37] | I told him to go up there and see some girl. | 我告诉他去哪儿见几个妞 |
[36:39] | He ain’t never come back down. | 他就再也没有回去了 |
[36:42] | So what they gonna do to me when they get mad at me? | 万一他们对我发火怎么办 |
[36:45] | It makes sense Chris taking them into the vacants– | Chris带他们去空地讲得通 |
[36:47] | to change them. And you know what else? | 他是要转化他们 还有什么你知道的 |
[36:49] | That ain’t what he doing– | 他没有在干这样的事 |
[36:51] | Chris in the vacants. | Chris在空地 |
[36:54] | Changing them? | 转化他们? |
[36:56] | He ain’t changing them, he killing them. | 他没有转化他们 他杀掉了他们 |
[36:58] | That’s all. They’re getting killed. | 就是这样 他们被杀掉了 |
[37:00] | How you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[37:04] | Can’t tell nobody. | 你别告诉别人 |
[37:08] | I seen it. | 我见过 |
[37:11] | I seen them walk a boy up into one house over there on Calhoun. | 我见过他们带着一个男生 走到Calboun去 |
[37:15] | You seen that? | 你见过? |
[37:18] | Yeah. | 对 |
[37:20] | That’s just false. | 这是假的 |
[37:22] | Detective Norris has been working in this case nonstop. | Norris警探从没有 停止过对这个案子的调查 |
[37:24] | And given her narcotics expertise, | 同时鉴于Greggs警探的毒品专长 |
[37:26] | Detective Greggs was assigned to augment | 她被指派去帮助 |
[37:29] | rather than to replace him. | 而不是取代他 |
[37:30] | But for two days sources inside the department were saying– | 但两天中这个部门内的消息人称… |
[37:33] | I’m inside the department, and I’m telling you that’s not true. | 我也身处这个部门内 我现在告诉你这不是真的 |
[37:36] | We do not play politics with a criminal investigation. | 对刑事犯罪调查 我们不玩政治 |
[37:39] | And how do you explain Councilman Gray’s allegations? | 那你对Gray议员的说法如何解释 |
[37:42] | I think you should ask Councilman Gray that question. | 我觉得这个问题该去问Gray议员 |
[37:51] | – Police! Search warrant! – Take the back. | – 警察! 搜查令! – 去后门 |
[37:55] | – On the ground, now! – Police! Search warrant! | – 趴下 快! – 警察! 搜查令! |
[37:57] | Two upstairs. | 两个人上去 |
[38:02] | – Don’t move! – Check that backroom. | – 别动! – 看看后间 |
[38:04] | I said, get your ass on the ground. | 我说了 快蹲到地上 |
[38:05] | – Get down! – Get down! | – 蹲下! – 蹲下! |
[38:16] | – This is the 1300 block, right? – No, this is the 12. | – 这里是1300弄对么 – 不 这是1200 |
[38:20] | Are we on the right corner? | 我们停对地方了吗 |
[38:24] | – We had this as a stash house? – According to the wiretap. | – 他们在这里藏毒品? – 窃听到的情报显示如此 |
[38:26] | How long ago? They move them around, you know. | 多久前的情报? 他们经常搬来搬去的 要知道 |
[38:36] | Zeroes on the warrants.Minor arrests on the designated corners, sir. | 逮捕令上的人一个都没抓到 标注的街角上只抓到几个小人物 长官 |
[38:39] | – They were tipped! – You think? | – 有人给他们通风报信! – 你说呢 |
[38:41] | For us to come up this empty at all these locations, it has to be. | 所有的地方都扑空了 肯定是 |
[38:44] | This cocksucker Marlo thinks he’s smarter than us? | 那个混蛋Marlo觉得他比我们都聪明吗 |
[38:47] | He is not. Sergeant, I want to know where he hangs. | 他自作聪明罢了 警长 我要知道他平时都去哪儿 |
[38:49] | You mean like him personally? | 你是说他私底下爱去哪儿吗 |
[38:52] | He moves around, Lieutenant. He floats. | 他到处走 警督 从不停下 |
[38:54] | But I have seen him in the concrete park behind Fulton. | 但我看到他在Fulton后面的公园里坐着 |
[38:56] | – In a park? – If the weather’s right, he sits | – 在公园里? – 如果天气好 他会在那里 |
[38:57] | out there in some lawn chairs, holds court. | 找个长椅坐坐 接待别人 |
[38:59] | He’s got people covering every approach | 他派人在每条路上都守着 |
[39:01] | so there’s no creeping up on him. My guess is that he likes to talk outdoors | 这样就没有人能偷偷摸到他身边 我猜他喜欢在室外谈话 |
[39:04] | so no one can drop a microphone on him. | 这样别人就窃听不到了 |
[39:05] | Sergeant, what can we do with that? | 警长 我们现在该怎么办 |
[39:16] | I admit I’ve made some mistakes, Burrell being one of the biggest. | 我承认我是犯过一些错误 Burrel算是最严重的一个 |
[39:21] | But he’s got a job for about 10 more days. | 他再干十天就走人了 |
[39:24] | After the primary, he’s gone, believe me. | 初选之后 他就走人 相信我 |
[39:28] | And that last stunt– pulling a detective. | 他那最后一个昏招 调走一名警探 |
[39:31] | – What’d you expect? – Not that– huh-uh. | – 你还指望什么呢 – 反正不是这样 不 不 |
[39:35] | Hey, I had nothing to do with that nonsense. | 嘿 这胡闹和我一点关系都没有 |
[39:38] | Now, that’s a straight-up lie. I was at that damn meeting when you told him, | 这可是睁着眼睛说瞎话 你告诉他把这个案子放慢下来的时候 |
[39:42] | – “Slow the case down.” – I didn’t mean– | – 我可是在场的 – 我不是那个意思 |
[39:44] | Who the hell knows what you mean anymore, Clarence? | 谁他妈知道你是什么意思 Clarence? |
[39:48] | Look at this. | 瞧瞧这个 |
[39:51] | Look at it! | 看啊! |
[39:53] | You gave me your word on this– your word, Clarence. | 你还向我保证过 保证啊 Clarence |
[39:58] | But here you are ticketed up with Eunetta in her best precincts | 但你在Eunatta有优势的区 同她争夺选票 |
[40:01] | and then ticketed up with my girl Daniels where she’s running strong. | 然后又在我家丫头Daniels最强势的地方 同她争锋夺势 |
[40:05] | Odell, this is the first I’ve seen this. | Odell 我第一次看到这个东西 |
[40:08] | Come on, now! This is probably Eunetta’s people pulling this shit. | 别这样 说不定是Eunetta的人搞的鬼 |
[40:11] | With a “Citizens for Royce” authority line? | 上面还印着”人人为Royce”的官方戳印么 |
[40:14] | Eh, look at you, Clarence. Just look at you. | 看看你自己 Clarence 看看你自己 |
[40:18] | You’ve forgotten your agenda. You’ve forgotten your base. | 你都忘了你的议程 你都忘了自己的老本 |
[40:21] | You think a shave | 你觉得刮刮胡子 |
[40:22] | and some Marcus Garvey posters are gonna get you over? | 弄点Marcus Garvey 风格的宣传画 就能帮你度过难关么 |
[40:26] | Do you think that’s gonna make up for jumping in bed with every damn developer? | 你觉得这样就能弥补你同每一个 房地产开发商眉来眼去么 |
[40:29] | Shit. You’re even on Clay Davis’s tit. | 你居然连Clay Davis都搞上了 |
[40:34] | Now don’t you go getting all self-righteous with me, Odell. | 你别把气都撒在我身上 Odell |
[40:37] | Campaign runs on dollars– you know it. | 竞选需要花钱 你明明知道 |
[40:39] | Whose dollars?! Those sons of bitches you got around your card table | 谁的钱? 那些每个月凑在你牌桌旁边 |
[40:42] | every month feeding your kitty? Oh, yeah, | 喂着你小猫咪的贱人的钱吗 哦 没错 |
[40:46] | I know about that too. You– trouble with you– | 这个我也知道 你…你的问题… |
[40:51] | fuck you, Clarence. I’m gonna sit what’s left of this one out. | 操你妈的 Clarence 你剩下的烂摊子我不管了 |
[40:54] | – I’m gonna sit it out. – Sit it out. | – 我撒手不管了 – 撒手吧 |
[40:57] | – The primary? – Sit it out! | – 初选怎么办 – 撒手了! |
[41:00] | Odell! Odell! Odell! Odell! | |
[41:03] | Who the hell do you think you are, huh? | 你他妈觉得自己是什么人物啊 |
[41:05] | Come November, I’m still gonna be the only game in town! | 到了11月 我还是城里唯一的玩家! |
[41:07] | Odell, turn your back on me now, I won’t forget! | Odell 你现在背叛我 我绝不会忘记的! |
[41:10] | We can’t afford this. We need his organization on Tuesday. | 他不能走 我们需要他周二的组织 |
[41:13] | – Go after him! – Fuck that | – 去追他啊! – 操他的 |
[41:15] | holier-than-thou motherfucker! | 狗日的假惺惺 |
[41:20] | Delegate Watkins. Delegate Watkins! | Watkins代表 Watkins代表! |
[41:24] | Wait, sir. | 等等 先生 |
[41:25] | I-I’m sure we can work this out. | 我相信我们能解决这个问题的 |
[41:29] | You and the mayor can talk this through. | 你和市长再谈谈 能解决的 |
[41:41] | Deputy Rawls, please. | 接Rawls副局长 谢谢 |
[41:44] | It’s Lieutenant Hoskins at the Hall. | 是市政厅的Hoskins警督 |
[42:08] | You’re gonna use the hole in the wall, right? | 你要利用墙上的那个洞 对吗 |
[42:10] | Yeah, I’m gonna rub some dogshit on the front of this thing. | 对 我要在前面擦一点狗屎什么的 |
[42:13] | I don’t want nobody touching it. | 我不想让别人碰它 |
[42:18] | Got it? | 好了吗 |
[42:29] | You need to raise it a bit. | 再抬起来一点 |
[42:39] | Yeah, that’s good. Right there, that works. | 好了 就那里 行了 |
[42:46] | – Thought I heard something. – Rats. | – 我好像听到了什么 – 老鼠 |
[42:49] | – How we doing? – We need to go. | – 现在做什么 – 该走了 |
[43:32] | He ain’t nothing but a skanky-ass bitch to begin with. | 他也不是什么个东西 一开始也不过是个恶心的家伙 |
[43:34] | And besides, he ex-police. So you know what that like. | 而且 他以前是警察 你知道是什么样 |
[43:39] | I’m going to the ladies’ room. | 我要去洗手间 |
[43:40] | Bey, you need to talk to him. | Bey 你得和他谈谈 |
[43:44] | Visiting hours end in 30 minutes. | 探视时间还有30分钟 |
[43:47] | – Visiting hours… – Yo, Daddy, don’t even go there, | – 探视时间… – 喂 老爸 你就别费口舌了 |
[43:49] | with you all the time telling me how you dropped out in the sixth grade, | 你以前不是一直告诉我 你荒废了整个六年级 |
[43:52] | went up on the corner with Avon and Stringer, | 然后同Avon和Stringer一起去了街角 |
[43:54] | earned cheese for the family, saying how it made you a man– | 挣钱养家 告诉我 这段经历让你成为了男人… |
[43:56] | All right, all right. You right. | 没错 没错 你没说错 |
[43:58] | Can’t throw rocks. But I’m just saying, | 还是不够狠啊 但我还是得说说 |
[44:00] | you know how your mother be, with all the fussing. | 你知道你妈妈是什么样的脾气 大惊小怪的 |
[44:04] | Maybe you just need to slow it up. You know what I’m saying? | 你就装装样子给她看 你懂我的意思吗 |
[44:07] | Yo, you heard how Marlo punked Bodie? | 对了 你听说Marlo怎么整Bodie了吗 |
[44:09] | Said he either got to work for him or give up his corner. | 说他要是不来给他干活 就别想在街角混了 |
[44:12] | Don’t you know? His sorry ass buckled. | 你知道不 他就屈服了 |
[44:14] | Oh-hh, you’d have gone about it different? | 哦哦 那你就不会了吗 |
[44:16] | Yeah, I’d have stood tall, like you. | 对 我会挺直了腰杆 就像你那样 |
[44:19] | Got my nine– fuck Chris and them. | 拿着我的9毫米 操Chris一家 |
[44:21] | Listen to you, all spit and fire. | 听听你说的话 满股子热血 |
[44:24] | You’d have gone to the mattress all by your lonesome | 你一个人就担起这么多的事情 |
[44:26] | and went up against half of the West side. | 同大半个西区的人作对 |
[44:28] | You got it where it counts, and I respect that more than anything. | 你知道什么才是对的 这一点比什么都重要 |
[44:32] | But shit out there now ain’t like it was when we was coming up. | 但现在的事不比从前 |
[44:35] | Back in the day, a punk nigger like Marlo steps out, | 要是以前 像Marlo这样不安分的黑人 |
[44:39] | breaking the rules and shit, he find himself in the back of a car trunk | 不守规矩 就会被人塞进后车厢 |
[44:42] | on the way to Leakin Park. No doubt. | 扔去Leakin公园 毫无疑问 |
[44:44] | We did that shit right. Word was your bond. | 我们那路子是对的 说到就要做到 |
[44:47] | Man looked out for his own, knowing he in a family. | 大家都小心处事 知根知底 |
[44:51] | Dig where I’m coming from? | 你懂我的意思么 |
[44:52] | But today it’s all fucked up. | 但现在都乱套了 |
[45:12] | These steps. | 这些台阶 |
[45:14] | – Thank you, baby. – You’re good to go. | – 谢谢 亲爱的 – 现在可以了 |
[45:42] | Say “Omar.” | 说 “Omar” |
[45:45] | Omar Omar. | |
[45:58] | Nothing? | 没有吗 |
[46:01] | We checked both sides of the street | 这条路两边我们都检查了 |
[46:03] | – from here up to Monroe. – Nothing? | – 从这里到Monroe – 什么都没? |
[46:05] | Nothing that don’t belong in no sewer. | 除了下水道还是下水道 |
[46:07] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[46:15] | Other ideas? | 还有什么别的主意吗 |
[46:23] | Blood, bump me off that nigger up the “skreet.” | 兄弟 把那边那个黑人给我干掉 |
[46:26] | Motherfucker in the “Bruick”? | 那栋房子里的狗日的? |
[46:28] | That be him. I be saying, | 就是她了 |
[46:30] | no motherfucker gonna run off with my “hairon.” | 谁都不许从我的地盘上逃走 |
[46:34] | Oh, this is fucking great. | 哦 这真是太他妈精彩了 |
[46:35] | Get somebody who reads lips, this motherfucker’s history. | 找人来读唇语 这熊孩子之前就这么玩过 |
[46:39] | Is this legal– I mean, intercepting what they’re saying? | 这合法吗 我是说 窃听他们的谈话内容? |
[46:41] | Don’t go Freamon on me. | 别给我装傻子 |
[46:46] | Shit. I got to run. | 糟糕 我要走了 |
[46:49] | Hey, man, what about some fucking relief? I been here all morning! | 嘿 兄弟 那我怎么办? 我已经待了一个早上了 |
[47:13] | You heard? They making movies. | 你听说了吗 他们在拍小电影 |
[47:17] | Yeah. How you wanna play it? | 听说了 你想怎么演 |
[47:20] | I ain’t sure. Let’s see the fat man. | 我不知道 先去见见胖子吧 |
[47:25] | How’d the other thing turn out? | 其他事情进展如何 |
[47:27] | All good. | 都很顺利 |
[47:33] | – Yo. – What up, boy? | – 喂 – 怎么了 |
[47:35] | – If you want some, I got Reeses. – Nah, man. | – 如果你要的话 我有点Reeses – 不 兄弟 |
[47:37] | You trying to make some real cheese? $5? | 你想不想赚一点外快? 5块钱? |
[47:40] | – What you need? – Me and Paul gonna get it on with Tiff. | – 你要什么 – 我和Paul准备和Tiff来一炮 |
[47:44] | Keep an eye out. I don’t want Mrs. D creeping up. Feel me? | 帮我守着 别让D夫人瞧见了 你懂了吗 |
[47:47] | I feel you, but I got some sixth-graders waiting on a special order. | 我懂了 但还有些六年级学生 在等着我发特别订单 |
[47:50] | Let them wait, man. It ain’t like we gonna be all day. | 让他们等呗 我们又不是成天有空 |
[47:57] | All right. | 好吧 |
[48:01] | No, ma’am, it says right here– His Honor had the Bureau of Solid Waste | 不 夫人 上面写着 法官大人 已经让固体废料局 |
[48:04] | conduct a clean sweep along Tivoly. | 沿着Tivoly指挥清扫了 |
[48:06] | But it took six months before they showed up. | 但他们还要六个月才会来 |
[48:08] | Well yeah, okay, but nobody’s perfect. | 对 但人无完人 |
[48:10] | But hey, listen. I wouldn’t be sitting here if I didn’t believe | 但 听着 如果我不是真心相信 |
[48:13] | Clarence Royce wasn’t truly committed to this city and its people. | Clarence Royce是真的对这座城市 这里的人民好 我是不会留在这里的 |
[48:15] | What about the crime in our neighborhood? | 那我们社区的犯罪还没解决呐 |
[48:17] | I admit that’s another good point. | 我得承认 这是个好议题 |
[48:19] | But, lady, between you and me, I can tell | 但夫人 这话我只对你说 听你的声音 |
[48:22] | from your voice you’re black and you can tell from my voice I’m white. | 你该是个黑人 你听我的声音也知道 我是个白人 |
[48:25] | So I gotta ask you, | 那我得问你 |
[48:27] | when do you think the last time a white man voted for a black man | 你觉得为什么明明候选人中有白人 |
[48:30] | when there was another white man in the race? | 但我这个白人却投票给黑人呢 |
[48:32] | I don’t know, but you must really believe in him. | 我不知道 但你绝对是很相信他 |
[48:34] | Well, ain’t that what I been saying? He’s just the best candidate. | 对 这不正是我说的么 他就是最好的候选人了 |
[48:38] | – So you’ll go with my man? – I’ll think about it. | – 所以你会支持我的候选人吗 – 我会考虑的 |
[48:40] | All right, that’s great. Thank you for your time. | 好的 太好了 打扰了 |
[48:42] | – Goodbye. – All right. | – 再见 – 好的 |
[48:54] | – I have a hall pass. – Yeah, good for you. | – 我正要去大厅 – 挺好的 |
[49:41] | – Mine’s down. – Attaboy. | – 我好了 – 干得不错 |
[49:45] | You need bodies, Lester? Here you go. | 你要找尸体嘛 Lester 这儿就有 |
[49:52] | We got a warrant and a teletype for my boy Lex. | 我们的金童Lex身负 一张逮捕令和一个电报 |
[49:56] | So dead or alive, he’s on file. | 不管是死是活 他都记录在案了 |
[49:59] | And beyond that, it’s time for you to shine | 除此之外 现在你该将你的智慧 |
[50:01] | that mighty intellect of yours on some real murders, hmm? | 运用到更实在的谋杀案上了吧 |
[50:05] | Give up the hypotheticals and shit. | 别老是臆想了 |
[50:08] | Yeah, I suppose. | 我想也是 |
[50:12] | This is my issue– crime,and I understand completely what you’re saying. | 这就是我关心的议题 犯罪 我完全明白你的意思 |
[50:17] | And if you give me the opportunity, I will be able to do something to– | 如果你给我机会 我就有办法 |
[50:19] | to help you out and, you know, other people in this neighborhood. | 来帮助你 以及这个社区里的人 |
[50:27] | Mr. Ricks, thank you for your time | Ricks先生 打扰了 |
[50:29] | – and for your attention. – No problem. | – 感谢你能听我说完 – 客气 |
[50:30] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | – 谢谢 – 谢谢 |
[50:34] | Pretty brazen, shaking hands with the enemy in broad daylight. | 真是厚脸皮 光天化日同敌人握手 |
[50:38] | – Werner’s Deli this isn’t. – Definitely not. | – 这可不是什么Werner熟食店啊 – 当然不是 |
[50:41] | Though here you are, Councilman, leaving no door unopened. | 我就猜想你在这里 议员 每家每户都走一遍 |
[50:43] | Shoe leather– our secret weapon. | 鞋底是我们的秘密武器 |
[50:45] | You surprised me. You’ve made this a horse race. | 你让我大吃一惊 你 |
[50:47] | So uh, what makes me think you didn’t just happen by and find us here? | 那你有什么好的理由来说服我 你不是碰巧来这儿遇到我们? |
[50:54] | Watkins is breaking with the mayor. | Watkins同市长闹翻了 |
[50:57] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[50:59] | I know. I’ve carried the mayor’s water because I had to, Councilman. | 我就是知道 我为市长背黑锅 是因为我不得不这么做 议员 |
[51:03] | I’d love to see some new blood in this city. | 我希望这个城市能够注入新鲜血液 |
[51:05] | And I’d love the chance to do the right thing for this police department for a change. | 我也希望能有机会 来改变警局的现状 |
[51:29] | Wait until he turns the corner. | 等他拐弯再动 |
[51:35] | District office for Watkins–Gilmore Street. | Gilmore大街 Watkins的办公室 |
[51:38] | And fuck them red lights, man. | 别管红灯了 |
[51:47] | Not a place you expect to find any gangsters– | 这儿你可见不到什么黑帮 |
[51:51] | police, for that matter. | 或者是警察的 |
[51:54] | – Heard you knew something I didn’t. – Told you before– | – 听说你这儿有我没听说过的消息 – 早就告诉你了 |
[51:58] | I make it my business to keep an ear to the ground. | 我办事得耳听八方 |
[52:01] | I make it my business to do business. | 我办事就是真的办事 |
[52:03] | We doing business, or are we just talking? | 我们是办事 还是聊天呢 |
[52:05] | And if it’s talk, I’m walk. | 如果是聊天 我就走了 |
[52:07] | I heard the people pulling security at the card game weren’t too keen on their wages. | 我听说守牌局的那伙人 对他们的薪水不太满意 |
[52:12] | I figured it was only a matter of time before they | 我想 他们要找到弥补的办法 |
[52:14] | found a way to get their due compensation. | 也不过是时间问题 |
[52:17] | And you didn’t think to tell me? | 你为什么没有告诉我 |
[52:20] | A man learns best when he get burned. | 吃一堑长一智 |
[52:23] | How do I know you ain’t making this shit up? | 我怎么知道你不是瞎编的呢 |
[52:25] | You don’t. Things happen on the street. | 你是不知道 到处都会出事 |
[52:28] | Proof is hard to come by. | 而证据很难找到 |
[52:34] | Go ahead, open it. | 来啊 拆开看看 |
[52:42] | Off the street,there’s all kind of proof. | 私底下 其实证据到处都是 |
[52:45] | They planning on executing those Friday– | 他们决定周五的时候执行计划 |
[52:48] | time it with the election, I guess, | 是冲着选举去的 我猜 |
[52:50] | show they doing their job, cleaning up the city,taking down a kingpin. | 表现自己尽职尽力 收拾这个城市 打倒关键人物 |
[52:55] | – How did you come by this? – Told you before– | – 你怎么知道这个的 – 刚和你说了 |
[52:57] | I keep my ear to the ground. | 我耳听八方呢 |
[52:59] | – What are you gonna do with it? – Maybe nothing. | – 你准备怎么办 – 也许什么都不做 |
[53:03] | Charlie’s not part of the co-op. | Charlie和我们可没什么关系 |
[53:07] | Or maybe I tip him for a fee. | 也许我能给他通风报信 赚点外快 |
[53:10] | What do you think a man with a whole lot of money would pay for his freedom? | 你觉得坐拥金山的人 会为自由付出什么代价? |
[53:17] | You know, lately | 要知道 最近 |
[53:20] | I come to find out someone trying to take pictures of me. | 我发现有人想要给我拍点东西 |
[53:23] | Pictures? | 东西? |
[53:25] | Video. | 录像 |
[53:26] | You heard anything about me through your travels? | 你旅行的时候 有没有听说和我有关的事情 |
[53:30] | Had no incentive to listen. | 没什么事懒得听 |
[53:36] | You do now. | 你现在听说了 |
[53:52] | It’s one thing to sit out the primary. | 在初选时作壁上观是一件事 |
[53:54] | It’s another for me to turn on Clarence Royce. | 而同Clarence Royce对着干是另一回事 |
[53:58] | – Granted. – And if I did jump, | – 假设一下 – 如果我真的要跳槽 |
[54:01] | why not land behind Tony Gray? | 我干嘛不去支持Tony Gray? |
[54:04] | At least he’s from my side of the tracks. | 至少他是我这边的人 |
[54:06] | Tony can’t win. I can. | Tony赢不了 但我能 |
[54:11] | Look, the truth is,whatever I can do for you, the mayor can match or double. | 听着 事实是 不论我开出什么价位 市长都能提出同样甚至两倍的价码 |
[54:16] | I have a pretty good grass-roots organization, | 我的管理层都是草根出生 |
[54:18] | but nothing even close to his kind of money. | 但绝对不比上他那么有钱 |
[54:20] | Now, I’ll ticket up with anyone you want me to. | 而我 你让我跟谁的票 我就跟谁的票 |
[54:22] | I know you want Daniels in the 11th and Stokes in the 10th. | 我知道你想让Daniels赢下11区 还有Stokes赢下第10区 |
[54:26] | I’ll keep away from any tickets you think I might harm. | 只要你觉得不行 我就不去搅局 |
[54:29] | I know I’m not everyone’s idea of a bargain on your side of town. | 我知道对于这个城市来说 我不是每个人理想中的人选 |
[54:33] | But right now,a week from the primary, | 但现在 初选还有一周 |
[54:36] | the fact is,Royce and I both need you. | Royce和我都需要你 |
[54:40] | After the election, the equation changes for him but not for me. | 但在选举之后 他不再需要你 而我却不会改变 |
[54:44] | I’m a white mayor in a majority-black city, and if I’m gonna do anything– | 在这个黑人为主的城市里 我作为一个白人市长 如果我要做出什么改变 |
[54:49] | and, Delegate, I am so serious about fixing this city– | 是的 代表 我当真是想要治理好这个城市 |
[54:51] | I’m gonna have to govern by consensus. | 我必须得到民众的拥护 |
[54:54] | And if you support me, you will have a voice within my administration | 而如果你支持我 光是因为我需要这一点 |
[54:56] | simply because I’m gonna need it. | 你就会成为我管理层中举足轻重的一员 |
[55:02] | Last poll that Clarence showed me, he was up by seven points. | Clarence给我看的上次投票结果 他上涨了7个点 |
[55:08] | Bullshit. I’m within four. | 胡扯 我才掉了不到4个点 |
[55:16] | – You won’t be needing that. – I know. | – 你不需要那个 – 我知道 |
[55:22] | – Here? – Yeah, here. | – 这里? – 对 这里 |
[56:02] | Dag. | 糟糕 |
[56:03] | Yo, turn it off– the bulb might have got too hot. | 喂 把手电关了 灯泡会变热的 |
[56:06] | Or the battery’s dying. | 或者电池会不够用 |
[56:10] | We should go back. | 我们该回去了 |
[56:15] | – Yo, man, it stinks, man. – Ain’t like it was. | – 喂 兄弟 这里好臭 – 以前不臭 |
[56:33] | See he ain’t move. | 瞧 他不动了 |
[56:38] | Yeah. | 对 |
[56:40] | Blood still stuck to his hair. | 头发上还沾着血 |
[56:43] | – He dead? – He dead. | – 他死了吗 – 他死了 |
[56:47] | Lex too? | Lex也死了 |
[56:49] | He dead. They all is. Feel better? | 他死了 他们都死了 感觉好点了吗 |
[56:55] | Donut wrong, yo. | Donut错了 |
[56:57] | Ain’t no special dead. | 没什么死了和没死一样 |
[57:01] | There’s just dead. | 死了就是死了 |