时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Joe will be missed. | 大伙儿会怀念Joe的 |
[00:11] | Very much missed. We liked Joe. | 深切缅怀 大家热爱Joe |
[00:14] | A hard man not to like. | 谁会不喜欢他呢 |
[00:17] | Tomorrow ain’t promised to no one. | 明天的事谁都说不准 |
[00:22] | Meanwhile, we go on. | 不过 该继续的继续 |
[00:26] | In business, in life, | 生意也好 生活也罢 |
[00:29] | what you learn to appreciate the most is a dependable man. | 做生意最重要就是要有靠得住的人 |
[00:33] | One day, same as the next. | 过去如此 往后也一样 |
[00:36] | Yeah, I learned a lot from watching Joe. | 嗯 跟着Joe我学了不少 |
[00:38] | We deal with you or your second. | 我们只跟你或者你副手联络 |
[00:42] | No one else. No one else knows our names. | 别人一个不行 不能让人知道我们 |
[00:45] | No one else contacts us. | 不能让别人联系我们 |
[00:48] | Understand? | 明白? |
[00:50] | To contact us, use this… only. | 要联系我们 只能用这个 |
[00:55] | Man, I don’t talk on no cellphones. | 我不用手机的 |
[00:59] | Here. To call for lunch, you can talk. | 给 用它约个午饭没什么 |
[01:01] | To call your girl, you can talk. | 用它打给女朋友也没事 |
[01:03] | To call your lawyer even, you can talk – | 甚至打给你律师也没事 |
[01:06] | the law says that is between you and the lawyer. | 你跟律师之间的谈话有保密协议 |
[01:08] | All right? | 明白吗? |
[01:10] | To find out what movie is playing down the street, you can talk. | 问问电影院在放啥电影都没关系 |
[01:14] | All of that is good because all of that tells them | 这都没问题 说这些是为了让他们知道 |
[01:17] | there is nothing good to hear. | 没啥好偷听的 |
[01:19] | But, for business, | 但是 生意上的事 |
[01:22] | we do not talk on the phone. | 不能在电话上说 |
[01:25] | – Never. – Right. | – 决不能 – 行 |
[01:27] | I mean, Joe taught me that. | 这个Joe教过我 |
[01:29] | But what about… What is… | 但这个怎么说 |
[01:45] | – How’d that play? – Man overcame his grief. | – 事儿办得怎样? – 节哀顺变呗 |
[01:50] | Do it feel like a crown on your head right now? | 你现在有没有君临天下的感觉? |
[01:53] | Do it? | 有没有? |
[01:55] | ‘Cause that’s what I’m wearin’ on my head. | 老子现在就这感觉 |
[01:58] | We should celebrate. | 该庆祝下 |
[02:00] | Yeah? | 啥? |
[02:01] | Atlantic City. | 去大西洋城 |
[02:03] | Can’t play like that now. | 还不是庆祝的时候 |
[02:05] | Omar gonna make a move. You know this. | Omar可能会采取行动 你知道的 |
[02:10] | Yo, I need to go past home. | 我要往家去一趟 |
[02:12] | – You mind a ride? – You know I like your peoples. | – 带我一程? – 你知道我多喜欢你家人 |
[02:14] | I gotta tell ’em I’m not gonna be comin’ round for a time. | 我要告诉他们有阵子不能回去了 |
[02:18] | You stepped up and made your play. | 你的角色演完了 |
[02:20] | Now I gotta make mine. | 该轮到我上场了 |
[04:03] | – At least four. – Got it. | – 至少四起 – 明白了 |
[04:06] | We’re going back through old cases, so we could find more than that. | 我们在查旧卷宗 看看有没有更多 |
[04:10] | – What else? – And the motive now seems sexual. | – 还有什么? – 作案动机可能和性有关 |
[04:12] | What do you mean sexual? | 什么叫和性有关? |
[04:15] | Is someone sodomizing homeless men? | 有人鸡奸流浪汉? |
[04:17] | I can’t get that specific. | 具体的我不能说 |
[04:19] | How can I not get specific? | 不具体我怎么写? |
[04:21] | Just say the killer is acting from sexual compulsions. | 就说凶手是出于性冲动而发动袭击的 |
[04:25] | Anything more detailed we need to keep in the case file. | 详细情况属于案件机密 |
[04:27] | I don’t know, detective.. | 我不知道 警探.. |
[04:29] | Last time, I couldn’t get it out front | 上次就没法发上都市版 |
[04:31] | Let me run it by my desk and call you back. All right? | 我问下主编再打给你吧 |
[04:33] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:37] | Anything late from cop shop? | 差佬那儿怎么说? |
[04:39] | Follow-ups on the recent murders. | 最近几起凶杀案的后续情况 |
[04:42] | An arrest on one, which was the domestic cutting from Hampden. | 抓获一名嫌犯 Hampden的家庭谋杀 |
[04:45] | No arrests in a couple of drug-relateds from East Baltimore. | 东巴尔的摩的几起涉毒案中没有人员逮捕 |
[04:48] | OK, give me a bit for the budget line. | 给我点背景资料 |
[04:50] | Domestic was a Patricia Boggus, found in her car. | 家庭谋杀受害者Patricia Boggus 发现死于车中 |
[04:52] | Drug-relateds were one Joseph Stewart, found in his dining room, | 涉毒凶杀中的Joseph Stewart 发现死在客厅内 |
[04:56] | and one Nathaniel Manns, found in an alley garage. | 还有名Nathaniel Manns 在后巷车库发现 |
[04:59] | A couple graphs on each. | 每件都弄几张照片 |
[05:02] | Write it as a single short. | 写得简短一些 |
[05:03] | Also, I got word on another homeless murder. | 还有一起流浪汉谋杀案的消息 |
[05:06] | The detective on it says it’s related. | 办案的警探说互相有联系 |
[05:08] | He says it’s sexual. | 他说是性犯罪 |
[05:11] | – Sexual? They being raped? – He wouldn’t confirm that. | – 性犯罪? 被强奸了? – 他不肯确认 |
[05:15] | He just says that the killings are sexual in nature. | 他就说这些谋杀在性质上与性有关 |
[05:19] | Write what you got. | 有什么写什么 |
[05:21] | I’ll run it by the 4:00, see if it takes. | 我四点编辑会的时候提一下 看要不要写 |
[05:27] | This indictment is the result of an 18-month investigation | 这次起诉背后是长达18个月的调查取证 |
[05:31] | by the State’s Attorney’s office and the Baltimore Police Department. | 由州检察官和巴尔的摩警局共同参与 |
[05:35] | And it shines a light on a cornerstone issue | 它为任何代议制政府的基本问题 |
[05:37] | for any representative government – public trust of public servants. | 人民对公仆的信任问题点亮了明灯 |
[05:43] | Senator Davis abused that trust. | 参议员Davis污蔑了这种信任 |
[05:47] | He traded on his power and influence | 他拿权力和影响力做交易 |
[05:49] | so that he could use local businesses and campaign donors | 把本地的企业和竞选捐助人 |
[05:52] | as his personal A.T. M. Machine. | 当做他的私人提款机 |
[05:55] | He created a network of charitable and non-profit organizations | 他创办了一系列慈善和非营利性机构 |
[06:00] | whose purpose was to accumulate cash for his private use, betraying… | 只为了牟取钱财中饱私囊 这背叛了… |
[06:04] | Rhonda Pearlman? Rhonda Pearlman? | |
[06:06] | Bill Zorzi, covering federal court for The Sun. | 我是Bill Zorzi 太阳报联邦法制版的 |
[06:08] | Right. How do you do? | 哦 你好 |
[06:10] | Not to be all petulant on your special day here, | 不是趁着你这儿大日子骚扰您 |
[06:12] | but since when does a prosecutor in this town | 可啥时候起本城的检察官 |
[06:14] | stage a perp walk and not call the daily newspaper? | 拉人游街示众都不给日报打电话了? |
[06:17] | We called Gail Gibson. Left a message on her voice mail. | 我们给Gail Gibson打电话 在他语音信箱留言了啊 |
[06:21] | Gail left for a freelance gig four months ago. | Gail四个月前就离职做自由撰稿人去了 |
[06:24] | Well, her voice mail still works. | 他的语音信箱还在啊 |
[06:26] | Who’s replacing her on city courts? | 谁接替他跑法制版了呢? |
[06:29] | From now on, just don’t jam me up like that again. | 从今往后 可别再把我关在外面了 |
[06:35] | …he must be held accountable for his fraudulent actions. | …他将为自己的欺诈行为付出代价 |
[06:39] | Senator Davis has opened our legislative body | 参议员Davis将我们的立法机构 |
[06:42] | to monetary persuasions. | 卷入钱权交易 |
[06:45] | He has done this knowingly | 这是明知故犯 |
[06:47] | and with complete disregard for the office that he represents. | 完全无视他所代表的办公室 |
[06:52] | – It is this kind of impropriety… – How’s it feel, Clay? | – 正是这种不当行为… – 感觉怎么样 Clay? |
[06:55] | No fun on the ass end, is it? | 吃不了兜着走了吧? |
[06:58] | You said it, Norman. | 你说的 Norman |
[06:59] | There’s the short con and the long con. | 君子报仇十年不晚 |
[07:04] | You’re gonna need a statement. | 你得发表个声明 |
[07:05] | Nothing too joyful. | 别太幸灾乐祸 |
[07:07] | Don’t dance on Clay’s grave until you’re sure the motherfucker’s dead. | 没确保这厮彻底死了之前 先别在他坟头跳舞 |
[07:10] | Clay ain’t getting up from this. | Clay没可能逃过这一劫 |
[07:13] | Also, you don’t want to piss off his base, being too gleeful about it. | 就是为了不得罪他的选众 你也不能显得太高兴了 |
[07:17] | That guy still has a base? | 他还有选众? |
[07:19] | After all the shit he’s pulled? | 整这么出还有人敢保他? |
[07:23] | I’ll tell you one thing – that fella is looking pretty damn mayoral. | 我跟你说 这家伙看着倒挺有市长范儿的 |
[07:28] | More than Nerese, definitely. | 肯定比Nerese强 |
[07:31] | With the profile he gets from this, I’d say it’s Mr. Bond’s race to lose. | 这件事为他的形象加分不少 看来Bond先生已经遥遥领先了 |
[07:36] | …and remain under common court. | …由普通法院审理 |
[07:38] | Senator Davis will have to account for that money. | 参议员Davis将为这笔资金负责 |
[07:58] | – What’d you tell your girl? – I’m away on business. | – 跟你闺女说什么了? – 说我要去出差 |
[08:01] | I won’t be around for a couple weeks. | 得几星期不能回家 |
[08:03] | – Shouldn’t be more than that. – Better not. | – 应该不用那么久 – 希望不会 |
[08:06] | Miss Trainor say we gonna learn a problem like that every day for this year and the next. | Trainor老师说今年到明年 每天都要学一道题 |
[08:11] | You mean memorize ’em? | 要背出来? |
[08:12] | Yeah. Learn it by heart. | 嗯 背得滚瓜烂熟 |
[08:13] | Learn the question. Learn the answer, too. | 题目和答案都要背出来 |
[08:16] | ‘Cause them questions gonna be on the M.S.A. Test next year.She tell you all that? | 因为明年的马里兰州统考要考? |
[08:20] | Miss Trainor say if the scores don’t go up before the selection | Trainor老师说要是选择之前成绩不提高 |
[08:23] | all the teachers gonna get fired. | 所有老师都会被炒鱿鱼 |
[08:25] | Selection? What she mean? | 选择? 什么意思? |
[08:27] | When the people vote for whoever. | 就是投票啊什么的 |
[08:29] | You mean an election? | 你是说选举吧? |
[08:32] | Nigga think you all that. | 大伙都说你是玻璃 |
[08:43] | Now, why you gonna go and do that? | 你这是要干嘛? |
[08:45] | – Dukie about to cry. – Fuck is wrong with you? | – Dukie都快哭了 看呐 – 你他妈有病啊 |
[08:47] | Nothin’ wrong with me! I’m gettin’ stuff done. | 我有病 我在这儿拼命干活 |
[08:50] | You up in some house playin’ like a lil’ bitch. | 你他妈躲屋里扮小娘儿们 |
[08:57] | – Smack his faggoty little ass. – Get that little jog-ass! | – 踢死丫个死基佬 – 弄死他! |
[09:06] | …Finally, we’ve got that 40-inch thumbsucker on Bud Selig | 最后是关于Bud Selig的长篇系列报道 (美国职棒大联盟主席) |
[09:09] | and baseball’s half-hearted response to the latest recommendations on steroid use. | 棒球界对于最近兴奋剂事件的不同反应 |
[09:14] | Bottom line is the owners think Bud is swell, the players’ union is staying mum, | 基本上俱乐部老板对Bud很满意 球员工会则装聋作哑 |
[09:18] | Bonds has a home-run record and everyone’s pretending the issue will go away. | Bonds保持着本垒打记录 大家都假装这事会不了了之 |
[09:21] | – And there’s news in there? – What do you like for the front? | – 这也算是新闻么? – 头版准备放什么? |
[09:25] | The Clay Davis indictment, obviously. | 显然是Clay Davis的起诉 |
[09:27] | Congressional hearings on Iraq. | 伊拉克问题的国会听证 |
[09:28] | Price’s piece on how much Carcetti raised for his gubernatorial run is solid. | Price写的Carcetti为竞选州长 筹集资金的这篇也不错 |
[09:32] | The feature on John Waters filming in Baltimore could go out front if the art is good. | 专题写John Waters在巴市拍电影 如果图片效果好的话 |
[09:36] | We have him posing with a couple of child actors. | 有他和几名儿童演员的合照 |
[09:38] | Is that allowed? | 这不犯法么? (该导演为公开的同性恋) |
[09:40] | Now, now, let’s not confuse the auteur with his art. | 好了好了 不要混淆个人癖好和艺术嘛 |
[09:43] | – Anything else? – This came in late, | – 还有别的吗? – 刚得到的消息 |
[09:45] | this business about another homeless man being murdered – | 关于又一起流浪汉被谋杀的案件 |
[09:49] | – that might have some play. – Other homeless men were murdered? | – 可能有新的进展 – 还有其他流浪汉被谋杀? |
[09:51] | We ran a short piece a week ago about possible connections in three cases.Inside metro. | 我们一周前报道过三起类似案件之间 可能存在的联系 本地新闻 |
[09:57] | The motive’s said to be sexual, | 据说动机与性有关 |
[09:58] | but the cops are being cryptic about what exactly that means. | 但警方对具体情况闪烁其词 |
[10:02] | Well, we could run it inside, | 好吧 在次版登一下 |
[10:04] | but report it some more, see where it goes. | 多报道一点 看事态如何发展 |
[10:06] | Right now, it’s a little vague for A-1. | 现在上头版还太含糊 |
[10:08] | OK, then, we’ll see where we are in a couple hours. | 好吧 过几个小时再看有什么进展 |
[10:12] | I told you, Duke. | 听我说 Duke |
[10:15] | I fuck ’em up good. Just say the word, man. | 只要你一句话 我就去废了他们 |
[10:17] | Nah, man, I can’t have you steppin’ up for me any more. | 不 不能老让你替我出头 |
[10:22] | Yeah, well. Talk to the man. | 那好吧 跟他说说 |
[10:25] | He’ll set you straight. | 他能帮你 |
[10:30] | Yo, Mr. Dennis. | 嘿 Dennis先生 |
[10:35] | I need to train with you some. | 能让我参加训练么 |
[10:41] | See that. | 看看 |
[10:43] | What happened? | 怎么搞的? |
[10:45] | It ain’t no thing. I’m gettin’ a little tired of it, that’s all. | 没什么 就是受够了 真的 |
[10:48] | A’ight, son. | 好吧 孩子 |
[10:49] | Get some gloves on and let’s see where you at. | 找副手套带上 看看你的身手 |
[10:53] | It’s all pretty straightforward. | 这些都一清二楚 |
[10:55] | I’m surprised your lawyers went to the trouble of getting it postponed. | 我很奇怪为何你们的律师要一拖再拖 |
[10:58] | Maybe ’cause we was payin’ by the hour. | 大概因为我们是按小时付费吧 |
[11:03] | In any event, you got a lot going for you here. | 不管怎么说 你们都事儿犯得不小啊 |
[11:05] | Car registered to a front, guns in a secreted compartment. | 前面车登记着 后面暗槽里藏着枪 |
[11:08] | The woman we registered it to, she can’t do no time. | 登记车的那女人 她不能再坐牢了 |
[11:11] | Just a name we used. | 我们只是借她名字而已 |
[11:13] | Then get someone who can. | 那找个能背黑锅的 |
[11:14] | Preferably someone without priors, | 找个无牵无挂的 |
[11:16] | someone you trust to stand the charge. | 信得过 顶得了风险的 |
[11:24] | Also came past with this here. | 还有这事儿替我办下 |
[11:28] | More money made clean. | 把这笔钱给洗了 |
[11:32] | When you figure out what to do with that, holler at me. | 等你想出怎么办了 通知我一声 |
[11:36] | How do I do that? | 怎么联系你? |
[11:41] | 410-915-0909 410-915-0909. | |
[11:48] | Anything else? | 还有其他的吗? |
[11:49] | Nah, take me off your clock. | 没了 掐表吧 |
[12:07] | Fuckin’ mope pisses me off. | 烦人事儿真不少 |
[12:09] | Be generous. | 放开说吧 |
[12:11] | I have a feeling this firm is going to have quite a payday | 我觉得本事务所托Stanfield一伙的鸿福 |
[12:14] | from Mr. Stanfield and his people. | 可要大大地发达了哇 |
[12:16] | He just gave me his phone number. | 他刚给了我他的电话 |
[12:18] | If Marlo Stanfield is using a cellphone, it’s just a matter of time | 只要他Marlo Stanfield用上手机 用不了多久 |
[12:22] | before we’re up to our asses in pre-trial motions, | 就能开始进入案前行动准备了 |
[12:26] | litigating a wiretap case. | 可以申请监听了 |
[12:30] | Joe gave him to us just in time. | Joe把他交给我们得正是时候 |
[12:58] | What now? | 现在怎么办? |
[13:01] | You need to attribute that? | 这个你不打算改了? |
[13:04] | – What? – Fifth graph, the dependent clause. | – 啥? – 第五段 这个从句 |
[13:08] | The one about a pattern of widespread influence-peddling”over a period of years.” | 广泛的权钱交易模式形成于某某年之中 |
[13:12] | Either the indictment shows it or it doesn’t. | 起诉里要么写了要么没写 |
[13:15] | Besides which, you begin three graphs in a row with a gerund. Look. | 还有 你连着三段都用动名词开头 看 |
[13:18] | How do you expect me to write with your fucking fingers in my eyes? | 你指指戳戳的我怎么写啊? |
[13:21] | At least let me turn my copy in before you stomp on it. | 好歹让我交了初稿你再批判嘛 |
[13:25] | Attaboy, Zorz. | 好家伙 Zorz |
[13:31] | They want more reporting on this, but I don’t see where it can go from here. | 他们要我多报道一点 我还真不知道怎么写 |
[13:36] | The cops are selling a sexual motive | 警察宣称有性动机 |
[13:38] | but they won’t explain it any more than that. | 又不愿意多说 |
[13:41] | Who are you dealing with? | 你从哪儿得到的消息 |
[13:43] | Detective who has the case. | 办案的警探啊 |
[13:46] | And he wants publicity? | 他想让这事见报? |
[13:57] | Didn’t know if you’d come back. | 没想到你会回来 |
[14:01] | Took a lot of money with you. | 当初拿了不少钱啊 |
[14:03] | It wasn’t about the money, bro. | 跟钱没关系 伙计 |
[14:06] | Wasn’t never about that. | 一点儿关系都没有 |
[14:11] | Is that him? | 是他吗 |
[14:15] | Old Monk prefer the condo life, I see. | 老Monk喜欢住公寓嘛 我懂了 |
[14:17] | Too good for a row house. | 瞧不上排屋是吧 |
[14:19] | Movin’ with muscle, too. | 还带着保镖 |
[14:21] | Most likely they expectin’ you to make a move. | 看来他们算到你会采取行动 |
[14:24] | An’ here I am. | 我这不来了么 |
[14:27] | How ’bout that? | 怎么着吧? |
[14:33] | Thanks for meeting me again. | 谢谢你同意再次和我见面 |
[14:35] | This is Scott Templeton. He’ll be working the story with me. | 这是Scott Templeton 他跟我一起负责这报道 |
[14:40] | I don’t want everyone at your newspaper knowing my name. | 我可不想你们报社人人都知道我名字 |
[14:43] | Look, you want these homeless cases to get attention, right? | 你想让这些流浪汉引起媒体注意是吧? |
[14:47] | That’s what you’re trying to do. | 你是不是就这意思 |
[14:49] | Guy’s a predator. People need to know. | 这家伙很危险 得让大家知道 |
[14:51] | Agreed. And there are things you need to keep secret | 同意 有些事情你不便透露 |
[14:54] | so that you can solve the murders. I get that. | 以免影响你们破案 这我明白 |
[14:56] | We can’t do much with this story unless we give it enough juice. | 但你不给我们点猛料我们没法报道啊 |
[14:59] | Juice? | 猛料? |
[15:00] | We need to tell people what this is about, why he’s doing it. | 得告诉读者是怎么回事 他为什么要这么做 |
[15:04] | We need to make this thing come alive on the page | 能读起来生动形象跃然于纸上 |
[15:07] | or they’re gonna bury the story again. | 不然上头又要把报道给压了 |
[15:09] | I told you, it’s sexual. | 我都告诉你们了 跟性有关 |
[15:10] | Compulsion. Obsession, that kinda thing. | 冲动强迫症之类的 |
[15:13] | But what the fuck does that mean? | 这算什么意思呢? |
[15:14] | It’s not like he’s carving up housewives or strangling coeds, here. | 他又不是屠杀家庭主妇或勒死男女同校生 |
[15:19] | Your guy’s killing homeless men. | 你这家伙他专杀无家可归的男人 |
[15:21] | Why exactly? What’s in his head? | 到底为什么? 他怎么想的? |
[15:23] | Is he raping them? Sodomizing them? | 他强奸他们吗? 鸡奸? |
[15:26] | I don’t have any semen in any of the cases.?? | 案件中并无发现精液成分 |
[15:29] | But he’s doing something, right? | 但他总干了什么吧? |
[15:31] | He ties a red ribbon around their arms. | 他在他们手臂上绑红丝带 |
[15:33] | – A red ribbon? – Yeah, a bow. | – 红丝带? – 嗯 蝴蝶结 |
[15:36] | He gift-wraps the motherfuckers. | 把那些家伙当礼物一样包起来 |
[15:38] | That enough juice for you? | 这料够猛么? |
[15:39] | Yeah, kinky but no one kills people to tie ribbons around their arms. | 嗯 够古怪 可谁杀人会只为了绑红丝带 |
[15:44] | Can we say they were molested? | 能否说他们被侵犯了? |
[15:46] | Is it fair to say that? | 可以这样说吗? |
[15:50] | – We’ll go with molested, then. – You didn’t get that from me. | – 那我们就写受侵犯了 – 这可不是我说的 |
[15:53] | – Another round? – What else? | – 再来一杯? – 要什么 |
[15:55] | You want this story to fly, give us something different. | 你想让这故事大卖 得给我们点新鲜的 |
[15:58] | Keep what you need, but give us something with a twist. | 不能说的别说 给我们点曲折的 |
[16:01] | A sexual serial killer isn’t enough? | 色情连环杀人犯还不够曲折? |
[16:03] | It’s a cold world, I know. | 人情冷漠啊 我知道 |
[16:13] | He’s started biting them. | 他开始会咬受害者 |
[16:15] | What? | 什么? |
[16:16] | He’s biting his victims. | 用牙咬受害者 |
[16:18] | Inside thigh, right ass cheek, left nipple. | 大腿内侧 右侧屁股 左侧乳头 |
[16:22] | He’s a biter. | 是个用牙的 |
[16:24] | – Shit. – Yeah. | – 操 – 嗯 |
[16:26] | That twisted enough for ya? | 这够曲折了吧? |
[16:28] | Are we talkin’ cannibalism here? | 你确定不是食人狂? |
[16:31] | Just biting for now. | 目前还只是啃咬 |
[16:33] | We’ll see where it goes. | 看事态如何发展了 |
[16:34] | And did he bite all of them? | 所有受害者他都咬了? |
[16:36] | Not all. Just the latest ones. | 不是全部 只是最近几名受害者 |
[16:39] | He’s maturing. | 他在慢慢成熟 |
[16:41] | – Maturing? – Yeah, it’s a technical term. | – 成熟? – 嗯 这是专业术语 |
[16:43] | It’s when a serial killer’s becoming more obsessive. | 是连环杀手越来越执迷于此的表现 |
[16:46] | He starts to develop an intricate pattern in what he does with the bodies. | 对尸体的处理开始发展出复杂的模式 |
[16:50] | It’s weird stuff. | 够诡异 |
[16:53] | – A biter. That’s great. – My name is nowhere on this. | – 咬人者 很好 – 千万别透露我名字 |
[16:58] | For your tab. | 给你付酒钱 |
[16:59] | We’d stay and have one, but we can still make the second edition. | 我们也想坐下喝一杯 但现在回去还能赶上二轮审编 |
[17:02] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[17:30] | So you thinkin’ if you learn to fight some, | 你以为学点格斗术 |
[17:33] | people ’round the way gonna leave you be. | 别人就不来欺负你了 |
[17:37] | Thing is, even if you learn to fight, | 事实是 就算你学会打架 |
[17:41] | people gonna come at you just the same. | 别人还是一样会来找你麻烦 |
[17:44] | It ain’t like the movies where you beat up one bully | 不像电影里拍的 你打败了一个坏蛋 |
[17:47] | and the rest just back the hell up. | 其他人就躲到一边了 |
[17:52] | Let me ask, | 我问你 |
[17:54] | why you think they even bothering to come at you the way they do? | 你说他们干嘛要这样找你茬? |
[17:57] | I mean, why you? | 干嘛专找你? |
[18:00] | See, all I know is that right there. | 我懂的就这一块儿 |
[18:07] | I ain’t never had no use for other things. | 干其他事我一点用都没有 |
[18:11] | I could fight. | 我会打架 |
[18:13] | For a time there, I could run them corners. | 曾经一度 还能跑跑街角生意 |
[18:18] | Not much life outside that, really. | 算不上有什么大出息 |
[18:24] | – I was on the corner for a while. – How that go? | – 我也在街角混过一段时间 – 干得怎么样? |
[18:29] | Yeah, well… | 就是嘛… |
[18:33] | I guess what I’m tryin’ to say is… | 我想说的是 |
[18:37] | not everything comes down to how you carry it in the street. | 你的成就不完全取决于你在道上的表现 |
[18:42] | I mean, it do come down to that if you gonna be in the street. | 要是你的目标是混街头那当然重要 |
[18:47] | But that ain’t the only way to be. | 但也不是就这一条道儿 |
[18:51] | – Round here it is. – Yeah. | – 在这儿就这一条道 – 是 |
[18:54] | Round here it is. | 在这儿是这样 |
[18:58] | World is bigger than that, | 可世界大着呢 |
[19:00] | at least, that’s what they tell me. | 至少 别人是这么跟我说的 |
[19:06] | Like… how do you get from here to the rest of the world? | 那 怎么能从这儿去到别的世界呢? |
[19:13] | I wish I knew. | 我也想知道啊 |
[19:22] | Michael grew up fast. | Michael长得很快 |
[19:24] | Yeah, he did. | 是啊 |
[19:27] | Anyway, for a kid like that, | 不过像他这样的孩子 |
[19:30] | my onliest plan might be fine, you know? | 我的训练法子也许挺管用 |
[19:33] | Might could work for a boy like that. | 能帮到他们这样的孩子 |
[19:36] | But a kid come to me with other skills, | 可有其他技能的孩子来找我 |
[19:41] | other way of being, | 能追寻其他命运的 |
[19:43] | all I got is hope and wishes. | 我只能祝他好运了 |
[19:47] | That’s something, I guess. | 有总比没强 |
[19:50] | Wish it was more, son. | 希望能帮上更多啊 |
[19:53] | I do. | 真的 |
[20:02] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:09] | Attagirl. | 好姑娘 |
[20:15] | Alma, you’ve got the investigation. Anything from headquarters, that’s you. | Alma 调查归你了 总部有什么消息你来跟进 |
[20:19] | I thought I’d work back on the victims. A profile of who these guys were. | 我以为你要让我去调查受害者 还原死者的身份什么的 |
[20:22] | That’s a nice idea, but I already sent Fletcher out on that. | 想法不错 不过我已经派Fletcher去干了 |
[20:26] | – What’s left for me to do? – You can talk to the homeless. | – 还有什么我可干的? – 你可以去采访下流浪汉 |
[20:32] | React quotes from the homeless? | 无家可归人员对此的反应? |
[20:34] | Just ’cause they’re in the streets doesn’t mean that they lack opinions. | 人家住在大街 又不代表人家没想法 |
[20:38] | Where am I gonna find homeless people? | 我去哪儿找无家可归的人啊? |
[20:41] | Not at home, I imagine. | 我看家里肯定是没有喽 |
[20:43] | Go, go, my children. | 去吧 孩子们 |
[20:50] | Read it and weep. | 看完哭鼻子吧 |
[20:53] | I already did. | 已经看了 |
[20:55] | So did the major. | 警司看了 |
[20:57] | So did the colonel. | 副总警监看了 |
[20:58] | So did our newly christened deputy ops. | 新上任的副局长也看了 |
[21:01] | – Deputy’s over at city hall right now. – That was quick. | – 副局这会儿在市政厅呢 – 够快哇 |
[21:05] | Just ’cause some fuckin’ reporter bought your weak shit | 几个他妈的记者信了你的胡编乱造 |
[21:08] | does not mean everyone else buys it. | 不代表别人也相信 |
[21:13] | Five gets you ten,deputy’s over there right now,talking them back down to earth. | 跟你赌 副局这会儿在市政厅扑火呢 |
[21:18] | Is this nut raping them? | 这疯子强奸了他们吗? |
[21:20] | I haven’t debriefed the investigators in detail, | 我还未听取办案警官的详细汇报 |
[21:23] | but the reports don’t indicate penetration or ejaculation. | 但报道似乎没说有插入和射精行为 |
[21:26] | What can we say we’re doing already? | 目前采取了什么行动? |
[21:28] | We’ve got good people working it. | 我们已经派了最强的警力办案 |
[21:30] | It would be better if I could keep them on it around the clock. | 如果不用按时下班当然更好 |
[21:33] | You’re talking overtime. | 你是说加班加点? |
[21:34] | If you could lift the cap for this investigation… | 假如您能为这次调查破个例… |
[21:37] | Done. Unlimited overtime for two detectives. | 成 允许两名警探不限时加班 |
[21:40] | Anything they need. | 一切资源供取 |
[21:41] | Sir, a case like this, where we’re proactively trying to prevent additional murders, | 市长 这种案子需要大家积极防范避免更多谋杀 |
[21:44] | requires more than two detectives. | 两名警探加班是不够的 |
[21:46] | Deputy, the school board chairman telling me | 副局 教育委员会主席跟我哭穷说 |
[21:48] | is a short hair away from laying off 50 middle-school teachers | 他们面临裁减50名中学教师的困局 |
[21:52] | and shutting down special education in every elementary school | 搞不好还要冒着违反联邦共同协定的风险 |
[21:55] | in violation of a federal consent decree. | 关停所有小学的特殊教育项目 |
[21:57] | ??? If I’ve got more than an extra couple of dollars,you aren’t getting it. | 就算我兜里有钱 也不能给你啊 |
[22:01] | Embracing the hard choice. It’s one of the burdens of command. | 克服克服吧 当领导有领导的压力 |
[22:05] | Is there anything you can do to further protect the homeless? | 有什么进一步保护流浪人员的措施么? |
[22:09] | We can have patrol units spread the warning, | 可以让巡逻小组散发警告 |
[22:11] | try to convince anyone to move into the city shelters after dark. | 尽可能让大家天黑以后到收容所过夜 |
[22:15] | Can’t you have police sit on locations where the homeless gather? | 不能让警察在流浪汉聚集地蹲守? |
[22:18] | And still answer the calls? | 那还怎么接警? |
[22:20] | Not without doubling up post units, which means overtime. | 除非值班人员加倍 那还是要加班 |
[22:23] | Overtime, again. | 又是加班 |
[22:24] | Blood in our veins, Mr. Mayor. | 警务工作的命脉啊 市长先生 |
[22:38] | Every day you look more like a boss. | 你是一天比一天有老大样了哇 |
[22:40] | – Fuck you. – I didn’t mean it like a bad thing. | – 去死 – 放心 不是骂你的话 |
[22:43] | – Yeah, you did. – Yeah, I did. | – 还说不是 – 嗯 是骂你 |
[22:48] | – What’s that? – A gift from your one true partner. | – 这什么? – 来自你最忠诚朋友的礼物 |
[22:50] | – Cellphone number, Marlo Stanfield. – How the fuck… | – 手机号码 Marlo Stanfield – 你哪里… |
[22:53] | Don’t ask, don’t tell. Like those guys sucking dick in the army. | “不问不说” 跟部队那些搞同性恋的一样 |
[22:57] | Whatever else I ever did to piss you off, remember I also did this. | 不管我干过什么混账事 记得我这个人情 |
[23:02] | And, Carv? When you put the bracelets on that bitch, | 还有Carv? 等你给这婊子带上手铐 |
[23:06] | remind him again of my fuckin’ camera. | 告诉他 别忘了我的摄像机 |
[23:10] | You can tell all of ’em – Royce, the caucus, | 你去跟他们所有人说 Royce 党团 |
[23:12] | all them graspin’ bitches who we put in every city department | 咱安插在政府各部门那些白眼狼 |
[23:16] | you tell every last one that I do not fall alone. | 你去一个个告诉他们 要倒我也不会一个人倒 |
[23:20] | – Clay – You think I’m gonna be the scapegoat | – Clay – 你以为我会为整个集团 |
[23:21] | for the whole damn machine? Shit. | 去当替罪羊 我呸– |
[23:25] | Clarence is going to stand with you. He told me so. He’ll be out there. | Clarence会支持你的 他说过会替你说话 |
[23:29] | Easy for him. He ain’t runnin’ for nothin’ no more. | 说得容易 他现在是无官一身轻啊 |
[23:32] | I don’t see you and your kind with me on this. | 你和你那群人怎么不替我说话 |
[23:34] | A whole mess o’ people think they belong on the fence. | 你们一个个都以为 自己坐在审判席上是吧 |
[23:37] | – Clay, it is what it is. – Y’all better hope not. | – Clay 事已至此 – 你最好别这么想 |
[23:39] | Or it ain’t gonna end with Clay Davis. | 不然倒的可不止Clay Davis一个人 |
[23:41] | Just think about what you’re saying here. | 你想想你刚说的话吧 |
[23:43] | You can have yourself a pity party, | 你要想拖大家一起下水 |
[23:45] | talk all kinda shit to some prosecutor. | 那跟公诉人一古脑儿说去好了 |
[23:47] | You know where you’ll be then? Out in the damn cold. | 然后你怎么样 两眼一抹黑 |
[23:51] | No connections, no allies, | 没有关系 没有盟友 |
[23:53] | nowhere to hang your hat in this damn town. | 城里连个可落脚的地方都没有 |
[23:56] | Or you carry this for all of us, carry it as far as you can. | 而如果你替我们扛下来 能扛多久扛多久 |
[24:01] | And if the worst happens, if they take your seat, | 就算最坏的情况下 他们撤了你席位 |
[24:04] | if you go away for a year or so | 退出政坛个一两年 |
[24:05] | to some minimum-security summer camp, then so what? | 去低警戒改造营待上段时间 那又怎样? |
[24:08] | You come home to a town that still knows your name. | 你回到城里来还有人记得你的名字 |
[24:15] | Look at Burrell. | 你看Burrell |
[24:16] | He goes quietly and now he’s making 12 a year more | 他悄悄下台 现在每年挣得比当局长时 |
[24:19] | than when he was commissioner, and working half the hours. | 多好几万 工作时间还减半 |
[24:23] | You think that happens if he does the piss-and-moan? | 你觉得他当初非要强出头还能得到这些? |
[24:27] | Prosecutors come and prosecutors go. | 检察官来来去去的 |
[24:32] | But win or lose, you’re still gonna be back around before we know it. | 不管是输是赢 你肯定一眨眼就回来了嘛 |
[24:37] | Am I right, Senator Davis? | 我说的对吗 参议员Davis? |
[24:48] | You want me to find another carry-out? | 你要我另找家外卖么? |
[24:50] | – Someplace closer? – You don’t like this food? | – 近一点的? – 你不喜欢这吃的? |
[24:52] | I don’t like the way them Chinky motherfuckers be acting sometimes. | 我不喜欢那些中国佬的样子 |
[24:55] | The way they be lookin’ at me. | 他们看我的眼神 |
[24:57] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[25:05] | Chris with you? | Chris来了吗? |
[25:08] | Behind me. | 在后面呢 |
[25:11] | – What you got on? – What? | – 你穿的什么呐? – 啥? |
[25:17] | You want that faggot to know we waitin’ on his ass? | 你想让那死基佬知道我们等他埋伏吗? |
[25:19] | Just bein’ careful is all. | 小心点就没事嘛 |
[25:21] | If I can see the vest, you don’t think that he could see the vest? | 连我都看得到防弹背心 你觉得他会看不到? |
[25:24] | I’m the one that’s baitin’ him. I’m the only one not hidin’ out. | 就我一个去当诱饵 就我一个晾在明处 |
[25:27] | Ain’t no thing. | 穿了也没用 |
[25:29] | ‘Cause when Omar come at you, he gon’ be gunnin’ at your head. | 要是Omar对你动手 准是朝着脑袋来一枪 |
[25:33] | I know I would be. | 换我 我就会 |
[25:36] | Stayed outside of Monk’s all night. They left before morning though. | 在Monk家门外等了一夜 天亮前他们走了 |
[25:40] | They’ll be back. No doubt. | 他们会回来的 肯定 |
[25:42] | Do you hear a lot of concern regarding these murders? | 有人担心这些谋杀案么? |
[25:45] | – I haven’t heard anybody mention it. – No? | – 从没听人提起过啊 – 没么? |
[25:48] | Most of the folks we serve aren’t actually homeless. | 咱们接待的大部分人不是无家可归 |
[25:52] | Most are working poor. | 穷苦劳动力 |
[25:54] | So most of the people I interviewed here weren’t… | 这么说我刚采访的都不是… |
[25:57] | Homeless? No. Some, maybe. | 流浪汉? 不 有些是的吧 |
[26:01] | – Why didn’t you… – You seemed to be doing OK. | – 那你干嘛不… – 我看你干得挺欢实 |
[26:04] | – I didn’t want to ruin it for you. – Where would you suggest I go? | – 不想扫了你的兴嘛 – 那你说我该往哪儿去找? |
[26:09] | Streets maybe. | 大街上吧 |
[26:18] | The reporter the Sun paper sent over, | 太阳报派来的那记者 |
[26:21] | not exactly Bob Woodward. | 可比不上Bob Woodward啊 (揭露”水门事件”的记者) |
[26:25] | Hell of a job, Bubs. | 干得漂亮啊 Bubs |
[26:28] | But we need help tomorrow waiting tables in the back room. | 不过明天里间缺人端盘子 |
[26:33] | If you don’t like it, then I won’t ask again. | 你要不愿干 我以后也不会问你了 |
[26:44] | Gotta hold it with both hands, you know? | 要用双手握住 看见没 |
[26:46] | Tryin’ to hit what you aimin’ at, a’ight? | 指哪儿打哪儿 明白吗? |
[26:49] | It’s not like they do in the movies. | 跟电影里拍的不一样 |
[26:51] | A’ight, so come on, spread your legs. | 好了 两腿分开 |
[27:03] | What’s the first thing you gotta do? | 开枪首先得干什么? |
[27:05] | Jack a round in the chamber. Like this, watch. | 拉一下子弹上膛 像这样 |
[27:09] | Go ahead. | 动手吧 |
[27:17] | It’s hard to do. | 好难啊 |
[27:20] | A’ight. | 好吧 |
[27:21] | So then… | 这么着… |
[27:23] | try this. | 试试这个 |
[27:26] | It’s a tool, just like a monkey wrench, that’s all it is, a’ight? | 丫就是一工具 跟活动扳手一样 没那么复杂好嘛? |
[27:39] | – I didn’t know it was gon’ be so loud. – Why you want to do this? | – 我不知道原来会那么响 – 你干嘛要学这个? |
[27:43] | What is you thinkin’, Duke? | 你是怎么想的 Duke? |
[27:46] | You think if you start carryin’ ain’t nobody gonna try you? | 你以为拿着枪人家就不敢欺负你了? |
[27:49] | Nah. Somebody’s always gonna try you. | 不 总有人会冲你来的 |
[27:52] | An’ if you carryin’ they gonna make you come out with it. | 你带着枪别人就会逼你拔枪 |
[27:56] | An’ once you come out with it, you gotta be ready to go all the way. | 你拔了枪 就要准备一干到底 |
[28:00] | You can’t bring it out unless you willin’ to use it. | 要是不打算用你压根别带着 |
[28:04] | Can’t be no doubt. | 决不能有疑虑 |
[28:09] | Man, can’t shoot, can’t fight. Can’t even stand on the damn corner. | 靠 枪不会开 架不会打 站街角都不行 |
[28:14] | You got other skills, man. You smart like that. | 你有其他技能嘛 脑子那么好用 |
[28:19] | I don’t know, Bunk. You can’t believe everything you read. | 我说Bunk 报纸上的东西可不能全信呐 |
[28:27] | Well, my little shit-stirrer. | 你个搅屎棍 |
[28:30] | As per your request for additional manpower and man hours, | 根据你提出的增加人力和工时的要求 |
[28:34] | unlimited overtime has been approved | 上头同意了无限制加班 |
[28:36] | for the investigation into the killings of homeless men | 不过只能办流浪汉谋杀这一件案子 |
[28:39] | for you and one other detective only. | 就你和另外一名警探 |
[28:42] | What about surveillance teams? | 那监视组呢? |
[28:44] | We need to be watching places, watching the smokehounds. | 要蹲点把守 看着那帮老烟鬼的啊 |
[28:47] | Two detectives only. | 就两名警探 |
[28:48] | You and stalwart detective Greggs here are what has been authorized. | 就你和Greggs警探两人允许加班 |
[28:52] | – Nothing beyond that. – What the fuck, Jay? | – 其他的别想了 – 搞毛啊 Jay? |
[28:54] | I’m working a serial killer here. | 我这儿查的可是连环杀手啊 |
[28:56] | – Hence the overtime. – But two detectives working a red ball? | – 所以让你加班了嘛 – 可才两名警探怎么够 |
[29:00] | What the fuck’s wrong with this city? | 这城市到底怎么了? |
[29:02] | We need hours for a dozen men. | 至少得一打人才行 |
[29:03] | We need surveillance vehicles, cameras. | 还需要监视车 摄像机 |
[29:12] | What do you want from me? | 你想让我干什么? |
[29:13] | Ain’t you still working that triple from two weeks ago? | 你不是在查两周前那起三人命案么? |
[29:16] | I got stuff I could run down on that, but Jay put me on this here. | 我是有事儿要做 可Jay让我跟进你的案子 |
[29:22] | Come here. | 过来 |
[29:30] | Do you even see how fucking wrong you are? Do you even see it? | 你不觉得你太胡来了吗 不觉得吗? |
[29:33] | They’re gonna pay for this case Bunk. | 他们终于肯为这案子买单了 Bunk |
[29:35] | – This is just the beginning. -Pay for What case? | – 这才是开始 – 什么案子? |
[29:37] | You just took a real detective off a real case behind your bullshit. | 你把人家真正在办案的警探拖过来 |
[29:39] | I’ll fix that. But eventually these motherfuckers | 这我会想办法 不过这帮狗娘养的 |
[29:43] | are gonna pay for us to do Marlo Stanfield. Just watch and learn. | 最终会为Marlo Stanfield的案子买单的 走着瞧吧 |
[29:46] | You’ve lost your fucking mind, Jimmy. Look at you. | 我看你疯了吧 Jimmy 你看看你 |
[29:49] | Half-lit every third night, dead drunk every second. | 三天一大醉 每天一小醉 |
[29:52] | Nut deep in random pussy. What little time you are sober and limp-dicked, | 到处找妞睡 好不容易不醉不乱搞吧 |
[29:56] | you’re working murders that don’t exist. | 你居然胡编乱造个案子出来办 |
[30:09] | Take the O.T. And work your triple. | 加班费你拿着 办你的三人命案去吧 |
[30:11] | Don’t worry about your reports, I’ll cover you ???. | 不用担心报告 我替你扛着 |
[30:14] | – What the fuck is going on? – Work your triple. | – 这算唱的哪出? – 办你的三人案吧 |
[30:16] | I’ll cover every hour of it from my case file. | 我的案件报告里到哪儿都把你写进去 |
[30:24] | Excuse me, sir. | 打扰 先生 |
[30:26] | Sir. | 先生 |
[30:27] | I’m with the Baltimore Sun. Can I talk with you a minute? | 我是巴尔的摩太阳报记者 能跟你谈一下吗 |
[30:30] | You make an appointment? | 你预约过了? |
[30:33] | Sorry. I’m booked up all afternoon. | 抱歉 我整个下午都约满了 |
[30:36] | I’m doing a story on the homeless men who’ve been killed. | 我在采访近来流浪汉被杀事件 |
[30:39] | You heard about that? | 你听说过吗? |
[30:43] | You got two dollars on you, right? | 你身上有没有两块钱? |
[30:45] | I was wondering if the murders had changed things | 请问最近发生的谋杀有没有对 |
[30:48] | for you and the other fellas out here. | 你和这里其他人的生活造成影响 |
[31:07] | You wanna know about them murders? | 你想知道谁是杀人犯吗 |
[31:09] | – That’s why I’m here. – Wanna know who’s doing it? | – 我就是来问这个的 – 想知道是谁干的吗? |
[31:12] | – Do you know who’s doing it? – I do. | – 你知道是谁干的? – 正是 |
[31:14] | – Can you handle hearing it? – What’s your name? | – 你能接受得了真相吗? – 你叫什么名字? |
[31:17] | Nathan Levi Boston Nathan Levi Boston. | |
[31:20] | And you know who the killer is? | 你知道是谁杀的人? |
[31:22] | Do you believe Satan walks the earth in a fleshly form? | 你相信撒旦会化身成人行走在世间吗? |
[31:25] | That Satan can occupy the souls of men? | 相信他会占据人的灵魂吗? |
[31:29] | And he’s just getting started. | 他这才刚刚开始 |
[31:32] | There’s gonna be a lot more dead before it’s over. | 末日来临前还将会有更多杀戮 |
[31:36] | Hundreds. Maybe thousands. | 几百人 甚至几千人 |
[32:01] | They still got you working outta this shithole? I don’t believe it. | 他们还让你在这破地方工作啊 难以置信 |
[32:05] | It ain’t much but it’s been months since a boss has been able to find me. | 不算啥 倒是好几个月没大老板找得到我了 |
[32:08] | You still have some interest in Marlo Stanfield, right? | 你对Marlo Stanfield还有兴趣吧? |
[32:14] | That’s his cell. | 这是他手机号 |
[32:16] | He stopped using cellphones. | 他早就不用手机了 |
[32:17] | Ellis, how? | Ellis 怎么来的? |
[32:20] | Police work, detective.Police work. | 警方工作呗 警探 警察的工作啊 |
[32:40] | Y’all still open for carryout? I want some of that pepper steak. | 你们还送外卖吗 给我来份胡椒牛排 |
[32:44] | Wrong number, fool. | 打错了 白痴 |
[32:50] | I wish I could tell you it’s a shock | 我也想说这事让我很震惊 |
[32:53] | but it seems to happen in every city | 但市里这事儿天天有 |
[32:54] | where we get us a place inside the power structure | 但凡想在权力机构里立足 |
[32:57] | – and we become targets. – I know you’re right. | – 总会成为众矢之的 – 这话说得没错 |
[33:00] | It’s not saying is a black-white thing. The State’s Attorney, Mr. Bond, he’s black. | 这不是黑白种族的问题 州法官Bond先生 他也是黑人 |
[33:05] | But if it serves his purpose – | 但只要能让他往上爬 |
[33:07] | gets his name in the news, ups his profile | 让他的名字出现在新闻里 提升形象 |
[33:10] | he’ll do whatever the folks pulling the strings want. | 幕后操控的人说什么他就会干什么 |
[33:13] | Whether it be character assassination, | 管他是指鹿为马 |
[33:16] | tie the noose in the rope, whatever. | 还是借刀杀人 等等 |
[33:18] | But they picked the wrong man this time. | 但这次他挑错对象了 |
[33:20] | – They must not heard about you, Senator. – I don’t run from a fight. | – 他们还没听到你的回应吧 参议员 – 我不是找他们打架去的 |
[33:23] | – I know that. – The people know. | – 我知道 – 人民知道 |
[33:25] | I’m talkin’ ’bout the people now… | 我说的是广大人民群众… |
[33:27] | The people know what I’ve done for West Baltimore and this city ???. | 他们知道我为西区和本市办了多少实事 |
[33:30] | They know the battles I fight every day. | 他们知道我每天面临的斗争 |
[33:33] | They know these charges ain’t nothing but B.S. | 他们知道这些指控不过是些狗屁 |
[33:36] | Hey. Hold it now, it’s radio. | 悠着点 这可是电台 |
[33:37] | I gotta hold my tongue, I know. | 注意文明用语 知道了 |
[33:39] | I don’t want nobody pullin’ y’all’s license, | 我可不想你们被吊销广播执照 |
[33:42] | so I can’t say it like I feel it. | 免得我话都没处说 |
[33:44] | But I wanted to come here on your show tonight | 但我很高兴今晚来到你们的节目 |
[33:47] | and thank you so much for the opportunity, my brother | 感谢你给我这次机会 好兄弟 |
[33:50] | but I wanted your listeners to be the first to hear it from my mouth. | 我想让你的听众从我嘴里首先听到 |
[33:54] | I have committed no crime, | 我是清白的 |
[33:56] | and I am gonna keep on doing the people’s work without breaking stride. | 我将不畏艰难险阻为人民服务 |
[34:00] | I want to thank you for that, Senator. | 非常感谢 参议员 |
[34:01] | And also I want everybody to know there’s going to be a gathering | 另外大家注意明天两点在 |
[34:05] | at the Mitchell courthouse tomorrow at 2:00 | Mitchell法院将有一次集会 |
[34:09] | so that people can be heard on this. | 欢迎市民踊跃表达看法 |
[34:11] | – I hope they come out in good numbers. – 2:00 on Calvert Street. | – 希望大家会积极前往 – 两点 Calvert大街 |
[34:15] | – It’s time to lift every voice. – I heard that. | – 是时间让大家畅所欲言了 – 说的是 |
[34:18] | Three detectives for a 24-hour wiretap. | 三名警探24小时监听 |
[34:22] | Four more in two-man surveillance teams. | 外加四人编成两组跟踪监视 |
[34:24] | A pair of unmarked cars. | 两辆不带警牌的车 |
[34:26] | I’m not asking the world here, Cedric. | 我又不是狮子大开口 Cedric |
[34:29] | Lester, if I had it, you’d have it. | Lester 我要有早给你了 |
[34:31] | That’s the cell number of the motherfucker who put 22 bodies on us. | 这是手里捏着22条人命的混账的手机号 |
[34:36] | – Go to the fucking mayor! – I’ve been to the mayor. | – 去找他妈市长嘛! – 我去找过了 |
[34:38] | I’ve been to him on my knees twice. Once for your case, remember? | 我跪着去求了他两次 一次还是你的案子 你忘了? |
[34:42] | And all I could bring back was two men to work Clay Davis. | 好不容易批了两个人查Clay Davis |
[34:45] | And yesterday, for the serial killer that homicide was working, two men only. | 昨天凶杀组在办的那件流浪汉谋杀 也只给了两个人 |
[34:49] | I’ve done my job. I’ve gone up the ladder every time. | 我已经尽心尽责 每次都找到上面去 |
[34:52] | But if a fucking serial killer can’t bring back more than a couple detectives, | 可这连环杀手都只能批两名警探 |
[34:56] | what the hell does it matter that you have a fresh phone number? | 你新弄到个电话号码算什么玩意儿啊 |
[35:07] | More manpower’s been assigned, according to the P. I.O. | 公共信息部说上面派了更多人手 |
[35:13] | And? | 还有呢? |
[35:14] | I led with the first victim. Ex-marine. Bronze-star in Vietnam. | 查到第一个被害人是前海军陆战队员 越战时拿过铜奖章 |
[35:18] | His family begged him to come home, which he would do now and then, | 他家人求他回去 他有时也肯 |
[35:21] | but they hadn’t seen him in a month before the murder. | 但被杀前他们已经有一个月没见他了 |
[35:25] | Good shit. Real good shit. | 好东西 非常好 |
[35:27] | Late, but you got the goods, right? | 迟到了 不过你有好消息吧? |
[35:29] | Half of these guys are whack jobs, the other half just want to borrow a fin… | 这些家伙一半都吸毒 不吸毒的也只想问我要钱… |
[35:34] | But yeah, I got good stuff. | 不过我找到好东西了 |
[35:37] | Got a family of four under the Hanover Street Bridge. | Hanover街大桥下的一家四口 |
[35:40] | Father broke down and cried when I talked to him, | 当爹的被我问得失声痛哭 |
[35:43] | talking about how he couldn’t protect himself, couldn’t protect his kids. | 说他怎么怎么不能自保 不能保护孩子 |
[35:47] | Mother just kept stroking the youngest one’s blonde hair. | 当妈的只管抚摸着小儿子的金色头发 |
[35:49] | – We got names on this, right? – Yeah. | – 这回有名字吧? – 有 |
[35:51] | Guy’s name is… | 那男的叫… |
[35:55] | Boston Nathan Levi Boston Boston. Nathan Levi Boston. | |
[35:58] | OK, you got 30 inches, if you need them. | 好 你要写就给你30英寸版面 |
[36:00] | You’re going off the front in a package with Alma and Fletch. | 你接着Alma和Fletch的头版写个续篇 |
[36:03] | Olesker wrote a pretty damn good column, too, for metro front. | Olesker写了篇很不错的专栏 本地新闻版 |
[36:06] | Go, go. Write, write. | 去去 快写去 |
[36:08] | This serial killer is making one Baltimorean very, very happy. | 这桩连环杀人案让某个巴尔的摩人 非常非常高兴啊 |
[36:13] | Clay Davis Clay Davis. | |
[36:15] | One news cycle, and his indictment’s gonna be off the front page. | 有了新的热点 他的起诉就能撤下头版了 |
[36:18] | Well, if it bleeds, it leads. | 越血腥越好卖嘛 |
[36:21] | A fucking serial killer. | 扯他妈的连环杀手 |
[36:23] | I give them a sex-crazed madman who’s enough of a freak show | 我编了个疯狂性变态 够他们大动干戈的 |
[36:26] | to get the whole city hot and bothered and what comes back? | 原以为会闹得全城沸沸扬扬 结果呢? |
[36:29] | One fucking detective. | 就他妈派了一个人 |
[36:31] | And who is it? Kima Greggs, who should be working her triple. | 派了谁? Kima Greggs 还嫌三人命案不够她忙的 |
[36:34] | So now I can’t give you her hours without fucking up honest casework. | 我总不能拉她来 耽搁了正经案子吧 |
[36:37] | Well, now it’s easier, Jimmy. We don’t need as much. | 现在简单了 Jimmy 我们不需要太多 |
[36:40] | Now we need a wiretap. | 只要台监听设备 |
[36:42] | I can monitor that myself. | 这个可以我来干 |
[36:44] | Shit, anything we get up is gonna be illegal anyway. | 反正就算查到啥也是违法的 |
[36:47] | So we don’t want anyone getting near it. | 还是不要让人知道得好 |
[36:49] | Sydnor, maybe. I can trust him. | 最多找Sydnor 我相信他 |
[36:52] | You start pulling information off that phone, | 要是从电话上查出什么 |
[36:55] | you’re gonna need at least a couple of surveillance cars in the street. | 那至少要两辆监视车跟踪巡逻 |
[36:58] | We’ll worry when we get there. | 等查到再说吧 |
[37:00] | The important thing is that he’s making it easy for us. | 关键是他这样事情倒好办了 |
[37:03] | Before, with all that face-to-face, we were gonna need what? | 以前正面交锋 那得要多少东西? |
[37:07] | Remote cameras, microphones, | 远程摄像头 麦克风 |
[37:09] | half-a-dozen guys working surveillance 24 hours. | 六名警探24小时追踪监视 |
[37:11] | But now he’s talking on a phone, and I got him. | 现在他肯用手机 就逃不出我掌心 |
[37:16] | So how do we squeeze a wiretap out of my serial killer? | 要怎么从连环谋杀案上挤出台监听设备来? |
[37:22] | He’s gotta call someone. | 他得给人打电话 |
[37:24] | Who? | 打给谁? |
[37:27] | Cardinal Keeler. | 主教Keeler |
[37:29] | Cal fucking Ripken. Who gives a fuck? | Cal Ripken 管他谁 (美国职棒大联盟球员) |
[37:34] | A bullshit number on the paperwork to the courthouse, | 法院的报告上随便编个号码 |
[37:37] | Marlo’s cell number on the tap itself. | 实际监听的是Marlo的手机号 |
[37:40] | This is fucking genius… | 太他妈天才了… |
[37:44] | Or not. | 才怪 |
[37:50] | If that’s about your case, you need to answer it. | 要是案子的事情 你得接电话啊 |
[37:53] | Remember you’re working a serial killer. | 别忘了你在破连环杀手案呢 |
[37:55] | Nah, it’s my ex-wife. Been calling all night. | 不 是我前妻 给我打了一晚上电话了 |
[37:58] | Like I got time for her fucking bullshit. | 好像我闲的没事儿似的 |
[38:01] | They got to believe it’s your killer calling before they’ll pay for a wiretap. | 要让他们相信是你那凶手打的电话 才肯出钱让你搞监听 |
[38:05] | Well, fine. Fuck it. | 好吧 豁出去了 |
[38:07] | Call your buddy Oscar, tell him we need another body. | 给你伙计Oscar打电话 说还要具尸体 |
[38:10] | The sick motherfucker is gonna call Mr. Ripken | 等着这死变态给Ripken先生打电话 |
[38:12] | with something only the killer could know. | 说点只有凶手才知道的细节 |
[38:15] | That should shake ’em up enough for a couple of wiretaps. | 看不把他们吓得拿出些监听设备来 |
[38:36] | Monk sure do like to retire early. | Monk提早退休还挺乐呵的 |
[38:40] | Three go in and one come out. | 进去仨出来一个 |
[38:42] | Better odds. | 胜算大了些 |
[38:46] | We’re gonna wait on it though. They’ll get better still. | 再等下去 把握会更大 |
[38:51] | If not tonight, then the next. | 今晚不行 还有明晚 |
[38:54] | You’re a patient man. | 你挺有耐心啊 |
[38:55] | Him too. | 他也是 |
[39:16] | I tried to reach you on your cell all day. | 我打了你一天手机了 |
[39:18] | – I called Beadie, she had no idea… – I know. It’s my fault. | – 我打给Beadie 她也不知道… – 我知道 是我的错 |
[39:21] | – They still up? – Yes. | – 他们还醒着? – 嗯 |
[39:27] | Hey, guys. | 嗨 伙计们 |
[39:29] | Hey, dad. | 嗨 爸爸 |
[39:31] | Listen, Sean, I did everything I could to get to your play tonight. | 听着Sean 我千方百计想赶去你的演出 |
[39:38] | Hey, Mike. | 嗨 Mike |
[39:44] | – It’s cool. – No worries. | 没什么 别内疚了 |
[39:48] | Your mom said you were great. | 你妈说你表演得可棒了 |
[39:50] | Why don’t you do it now? Let me hear it. | 要不你就这么弹弹呗 让我听听 |
[39:52] | I don’t know. It’s lame like that. You gotta see the whole play. | 不行 这样听起来特烂 得看全场演出才有效果 |
[40:05] | – What band is that? – Dead Meadow. | – 这什么乐队啊? – 死亡草原 |
[40:07] | – Dead metal? – Meadow. Dead Meadow. | – 死亡金属(metal)? – 草原 死亡草原 |
[40:11] | What the hell’s wrong with the Ramones? | Ramones有什么问题么? (美国70年代金属乐队) |
[40:18] | I’ll make it up next weekend. Take ’em to the ball game. | 我下星期将功补过 带他们看球赛去 |
[40:21] | Hey, this is life, Jimmy. | 这可是过日子 Jimmy |
[40:23] | This is the stuff that actually matters. | 这些才是真正重要的事情 |
[40:25] | – I know. – I talked to Beadie. | – 我知道 – 我跟Beadie谈过了 |
[40:29] | She knows she’s losing you. Like I knew. | 她知道你心不在了 就像我当初 |
[40:32] | I’m not judging. | 不是我说三道四 |
[40:34] | I’m not saying this to hurt you. | 这么说也不是故意伤你心 |
[40:37] | But she knows. | 但她都知道的 |
[40:38] | And she’s ready for it, the way that I was ready for it. | 她都准备着要失去你了 像我当初一样 |
[40:42] | You’re drinking. You’re out all night. | 你酗酒 整夜不归 |
[40:44] | She doesn’t know where you are. | 你去哪儿她根本不知道 |
[40:46] | And she’s no fool, Jimmy. | 她又不是傻瓜 Jimmy |
[40:48] | I’m sad that it wasn’t with me… | 我很难过陪着你的不是我… |
[40:54] | but I’m glad for you. | 但我好歹为你高兴 |
[40:58] | I know, you can imagine that? | 真的 你能相信吗? |
[41:00] | I was glad that you found her. | 我很高兴你能找到她 |
[41:04] | I was glad for her, even. | 我甚至也为她高兴 |
[41:08] | For a while there, you were happier than I’ve ever seen you. | 有一阵子 我从没见你那么开心过 |
[41:12] | She’s great. | 她人很好 |
[41:15] | She is. | 真的 |
[41:18] | Don’t do this. | 别这样 |
[41:34] | hey | 嘿 |
[41:40] | You all right, Bubs? | 你好哇 Bubs? |
[41:42] | I’m good. good | 很好 很好 |
[41:46] | Except for somethin’ that’s been on my mind. | 就是有件事一直在脑子里 |
[41:48] | – But I see you into somethin’… – I can take a minute. | – 要是你忙的话… – 你说 没事儿的 |
[41:50] | Need to find somethin’ out. But I don’t know if I really wanna know. | 有件事我一直想知道 但不确定有没有勇气接受 |
[41:56] | It’s best to know, Bubs. I’m living proof. | 能知道最好 Bubs 我就是活证据 |
[41:59] | They got drugs an’ shit now. | 现在他们有能控制的药了 |
[42:01] | Why’s it on your mind now? | 你怎么现在想起这事儿来? |
[42:04] | Been volunteering down Viva House, doin’ like you told me. | 我听你的 在生命之家当志愿者 |
[42:07] | Man say he want me to serve food. | 可他们想让我端盘子 |
[42:09] | You can. It don’t travel like that. | 那没事儿 不通过这个传播的 |
[42:12] | I know they say so, but I feel… | 话是这么说 可我总… |
[42:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[42:17] | I went down to the clinic yesterday, got as far as the door, but… | 我昨天去医院 都走到了大门口 可… |
[42:21] | Tough to go alone. | 一个人挺难吧 |
[42:24] | Yeah. | 是 |
[42:26] | Give me 10 minutes. | 等我十分钟 |
[42:30] | So, where do we take it today? | 今天该写些什么呢? |
[42:33] | Unless the story develops, I think we’ve covered the bases. | 除非案情有进展 我们能写的都写了 |
[42:36] | Alma can check on things | Alma可以跟进一下 |
[42:38] | and see where we’re at by afternoon. | 看看到下午之前有什么新消息 |
[42:40] | You owe me a Govans story. | 你还欠我篇Govans的报道呢 |
[42:41] | And you need to get with Shane on with that school series. | 再联系下Shane看看学校有什么进展 |
[42:44] | I don’t know, Gus. I think this thing has legs. | 那啥 Gus 我觉得这事儿还没完 |
[42:47] | Maybe I go out with the cops. Watch ’em warn the homeless. | 也许我可以跟警察出勤 看他们警告流浪人员 |
[42:50] | Good thought, but Alma can work that into whatever she has. | 想法不错 但这事儿交给Alma办去好了 |
[43:04] | Yeah? | 进来 |
[43:06] | hey | 嘿 |
[43:08] | Busy? | 忙吗? |
[43:10] | No, just… | 不忙… |
[43:15] | Jimmy’s not in yet. | Jimmy还没来呢 |
[43:17] | I know. He’s sleeping one off. | 我知道 还没睡醒呢 |
[43:21] | – Late night, huh? – They’re all like that now. | – 值夜班吧? – 他们现在都这样 |
[43:26] | Relax, I’m not looking for a snitch. | 放心 我不是刺探消息来的 |
[43:28] | I know you’re his partner in crime. I don’t care. | 我知道你跟他是破案搭档 我不在乎 |
[43:31] | Beadie Whoa, Beadie. | |
[43:32] | I just want to know from you where this is going. | 我只想知道他究竟是想怎么样 |
[43:34] | I mean, you know him. You know what he can and can’t do. | 你跟他熟 知道他什么能做什么不能做 |
[43:38] | Don’t know if I can speak on that. | 这我可说不上 |
[43:40] | Look, I’m ready to put him out, OK? | 我已经准备跟他断了 知道吗? |
[43:42] | For me, for my kids… | 为了我 为了我的孩子们… |
[43:45] | I mean, if in the end, if this is all there is to him. | 要是到最后 发现他就是这样的人 |
[43:47] | If he can’t be better than this, I just want to know. | 要是他没法变好怎么办 我得先知道 |
[43:50] | He’s working this case right now. | 他这不是忙着办案嘛 |
[43:54] | Serial killer, actually. | 连环杀手呢 |
[43:56] | Don’t tell me this is about a case. Try that shit on some civilian. | 别跟我说是案子害的 骗骗老百姓还成 |
[44:00] | Look, he’ll get his head in a certain place, he’ll take a drink. | 遇上这么大压力 喝一杯要是难免的嘛 |
[44:03] | I mean, a lot of us will. | 很多人都会这样 |
[44:06] | It’s more than a drink he’s taking. | 已经不是喝酒的问题了 |
[44:08] | Beadie, I can’t tell you what to do. | Beadie 你的事我没法指手画脚 |
[44:14] | I don’t like giving up. | 我也不想放弃 |
[44:21] | OK, I gotta go back to work. Thanks for letting me vent. | 我得回去工作去了 谢谢你听我吐槽 |
[44:32] | You want to get started today? | 你想今天开始吗? |
[44:34] | – Sooner we decide on… – After lunch, yeah. | – 最好赶快决定… – 吃过午饭再说吧 |
[45:25] | – Finally found a line, huh? – huh. | – 总算找到血管了 – 嗯 |
[45:27] | Know that wasn’t easy. They been hidin’ for years. | 不容易啊 都躲了好几年了 |
[45:30] | – I’m a pro. – Me, too. | – 我可是专家 – 我也是 |
[45:34] | Let me ask you… | 我问你 |
[45:36] | When do the results come back? | 结果什么时候能出来? |
[45:39] | About an hour from this test. | 做完测试一个小时就行 |
[45:41] | There you go. | 行了 |
[45:42] | And they want you to believe that | 他们想蒙蔽我们 |
[45:45] | there’s only one side to this story, | 全凭他们的一面之辞 |
[45:48] | and that their so-called facts cannot be denied. | 妄称证据确凿不可推翻 |
[45:52] | But we have some facts of our own, don’t we? | 但事实的真相在我们手中 对不对? |
[45:55] | Yeah! | 对! |
[45:56] | We know who our leaders are. | 我们知道谁是我们的领袖 |
[45:59] | And we don’t want them picking our leaders for us, do we? | 我们不要别人替我们选领袖 对不对? |
[46:03] | No! | 对 |
[46:04] | And we will not stand idly by | 我们不能白白站着 |
[46:06] | as they single out our leaders | 让他们找我们领袖的碴 |
[46:08] | and selectively prosecute | 来选择性地起诉 |
[46:10] | or should I say persecute them | 或者说迫害他们 |
[46:13] | just because they have the courage | 就因为他们有勇气 |
[46:14] | and the fortitude to stand up for us. | 坚韧不拔地为我们出头 |
[46:20] | Let them hear you. | 让他们听到你的声音 |
[46:21] | Let them hear you loud and clear. | 听到你们的大声呼吁 |
[46:25] | Clay Davis isn’t going anywhere, is he? | Clay Davis哪儿都不去 对不对? |
[46:29] | No! | 对! |
[46:30] | We need him, we’re going to keep him, | 我们需要他 我们要保住他 |
[46:33] | and damn anyone who says otherwise. | 敢和我们唱反调的都去死 |
[46:37] | Clay Davis! Clay Davis! | |
[46:39] | Clay Davis! Clay Davis! | |
[46:42] | Clay Davis! Clay Davis! | |
[46:45] | What the fuck is this I hear about you might not stand tall on this? | 我怎么听说你不愿意背水一战了? |
[46:48] | You got that wrong, old friend. I’m gonna carry this. | 哪儿的话 我一定奋战到底 |
[46:51] | You damn sure better. Because if you don’t | 那还差不多 你要想退缩 |
[46:53] | you won’t squeeze another greenback out of this town | 从今往后直到你老死 |
[46:57] | for the rest of your natural life. | 在这城里可是一分钱都捞不到 |
[47:08] | Lookie here. | 哎呦 看看呐 |
[47:12] | – The fuck is that? – Change of pace. | – 这什么呀? – 换换口味 |
[47:15] | They look kinda hot with their clothes on. | 穿着衣服看上去也挺性感的 |
[47:21] | Hey, Clarice. | 喂 Clarice (《沉默的羔羊》女主角) |
[47:24] | Your serial killer called the Baltimore Sun. | 你那连环杀手给太阳报打电话了 |
[47:26] | Some goof claiming to be your guy called a reporter. | 有人声称是杀手本人 打给了个记者 |
[47:29] | – Someone’s writing this shit up. – Must be a crank call. | – 就是报道这事那人 – 恶作剧电话吧 |
[47:32] | Probably so. | 有可能 |
[47:33] | But seeing as it’s the fucking newspaper | 不过事关混蛋报纸 |
[47:35] | you go over there and you set them straight. | 你赶快过去 把这事搞定 |
[47:56] | Go ahead. | 你看吧 |
[48:07] | Negative. | 阴性 |
[48:12] | – Negative means… – I know what it means. | – 阴性说明… – 我知道 |
[48:16] | – Must be wrong. – It ain’t wrong. | – 肯定搞错了 – 错不了 |
[48:18] | All the shit I’ve done. | 我干了那么多混账事儿 |
[48:21] | All the works I shared. My best boy years back? | 一起抽了那么多东西 和我好兄弟 |
[48:24] | I fired off the same hypo as him. ??? | 我跟他用一个针管几十次了 |
[48:26] | He had the bug for sure. | 他可是绝对得病的 |
[48:30] | That shit ain’t right nohow, man. | 这玩意儿肯定不准 |
[48:34] | You’re disappointed. | 你失望了 |
[48:36] | Shit, this ain’t about the bug, is it? | 这跟病毒压根没关系吧? |
[48:38] | This is you, tryin’ to make the past be everything, mean everything. | 你想让过去的一切产生意义寻找因果 |
[48:42] | You don’t even wanna think about the here and now. | 却想都不愿想此时此地发生的事情 |
[48:45] | Sorry, Bubs. | 抱歉 Bubs |
[48:47] | Shame ain’t worth as much as you think. | 耻辱没你想的那么值钱 |
[48:51] | Let it go. | 忘了吧 |
[48:56] | He said he wanted people to know there’d be 12 bodies before he’s finished. | 他说告诉大家他收手之前要杀满12人 |
[49:00] | He said, quote, “I came to take 12.” | 他的原话 “我要带走12人” |
[49:03] | I said, “What happens after 12?” | 我说 “12人以后怎么办” |
[49:05] | He said, quote, “I go somewhere else,” unquote. | 他说 引号 我将前往他处 引号 |
[49:09] | I asked him about the bite marks. He said that they wanted him to bite. | 我问起他咬痕 他说是他们让他咬的 |
[49:12] | And they ask for that. | 他们自找的 |
[49:13] | He complained that the article made him sound like a pervert. | 他还抱怨说新闻把他写得像个变态 |
[49:17] | I asked him if he was angry at the men. | 我问他是不是怨恨他们 |
[49:20] | – He hung up. – He called you on your cellphone? | – 他就挂了 – 他打的你手机? |
[49:24] | Why didn’t he call the paper? | 干嘛不给报社打? |
[49:25] | I was all over the city yesterday handing my cards out to homeless men. | 我昨天到处跑给流浪汉发了不少名片 |
[49:29] | He probably got the number from a card. | 他可能从名片上知道的 |
[49:31] | Shit, I might’ve handed him a card. | 操 可能我亲手给的他呢 |
[49:33] | I think this is the guy. I mean, a chill ran down my back. | 我觉得就是他 害我头皮一阵发麻呢 |
[49:36] | There’s no way to know. I mean, if it’s some other nut, | 这个说不准 万一是别的神经病 |
[49:39] | we’re gonna look like fools if we print this. | 我们登出来不是像傻瓜一样 |
[49:41] | Your cellphone caught the number? He dialed you. | 你手机上有来电显示么 他打给你 |
[49:43] | Yeah, I dialed it back. | 有 我打回去了 |
[49:45] | Payphone on South Hanover near West Street. | 南Hanover街靠近西大街上的投币电话 |
[49:52] | – What did he sound like? – What do you mean? | – 他听起来什么样? – 什么意思 |
[49:54] | You talk to people for a living. | 你们记者就靠和人讲话吃饭的 |
[49:56] | Did he sound black, white? Younger, older? | 听起来是黑人 白人? 年轻人 老年人? |
[49:58] | High-pitched voice or low? | 声音尖 声音粗? |
[50:00] | He sounded, to me, like a white guy. | 听起来 我觉得像是白人 |
[50:02] | Not a deep voice, but calm, almost monotone. | 声音不算低 但很平静 没什么语调 |
[50:06] | He sounded older, I would say, | 听起来挺老的 我看 |
[50:09] | 40s. Not a real young guy. | 40左右吧 不算特别年轻 |
[50:11] | – Can I have your notebook? – You can’t have his notes. | – 你笔记本能给我么? – 笔记不能给你 |
[50:13] | As this isn’t a confidential source, we won’t invoke the Maryland Shield law, | 这不是保密来源 我们也不至于动用马里兰州盾牌法 (保护新闻记者法) |
[50:17] | but he’ll type up a copy for you. | 让他打印一份副本给你 |
[50:19] | But the actual document is property of the Baltimore Sun. | 但笔记本本身归太阳报所有 |
[50:22] | So type it up, like now. | 那还不去打 快啊 |
[50:25] | So, you’re saying this could be the killer? | 你觉得这会是那杀手? |
[50:28] | Can we talk off-the-record? | 咱私底下说吧? |
[50:31] | The homicide unit received a phone call this morning | 凶杀组今早接到一个电话 |
[50:34] | from a payphone from the same neighborhood, | 从同一社区的投币电话打来的 |
[50:36] | and based on Scott’s voice description, and the use of the number 12, | 根据Scott对声音的描述 和提到的数字12 |
[50:42] | let’s just say we need to find whoever made both those calls. | 总之必须找出是谁打的这俩电话 |
[50:45] | He made another call? | 他打过别的电话? |
[50:47] | Detective, as a newsman, | 警探 作为新闻工作人员 |
[50:49] | I’m inclinedto include these details in our coverage | 如果杀手联系我们记者这一消息确凿 |
[50:51] | if there’s a credible chance the killer was in contact with our reporter. | 我有义务将这些内容写进报道 |
[50:55] | Would doing so affect on your investigation? | 这会影响你们案件的侦破吗? |
[50:58] | Actually, these calls are our best means of finding this guy. | 说实话 这些电话是我们捉拿此人的重要渠道 |
[51:01] | Every call he makes, every word he says, to you and to us, | 他打的每个电话 说的每句话 对你们我们 |
[51:05] | can only provide information. | 都是重要的线索 |
[51:07] | – If we do run a story… – You can’t say he’s contacting police. | – 如果我们要报道此事… – 你们不能写他联系了警方 |
[51:10] | You can’t print that under any circumstances. | 无论如何都不能付诸报端 |
[51:13] | OK, then how do we characterize | 那我们该如何 |
[51:15] | what the police think about this call to Scott? | 警方对他给Scott打电话的回应? |
[51:18] | You can say we’re… | 你可以说我们…. |
[51:20] | taking it seriously. | 会严肃对待 |
[51:22] | Going forward, is it possible that you would grant a one-party consent | 进一步说 你们是否可以单方同意 |
[51:25] | for us to monitor your reporter’s cellphone and office phones? | 让我们监听你们记者的手机和办公电话? |
[51:29] | – Absolutely not. – I’m sorry, detective, | – 绝对不行 – 抱歉 警探 |
[51:31] | but our ability to report is dependent upon | 我们新闻行业的根本 |
[51:33] | our maintaining the confidentiality of our conversations. | 在于对谈话内容的保密性 |
[51:37] | We’re perfectly willing to share the information | 提供信息我们完全愿意 |
[51:40] | this individual has as he’s definitely not a confidential source. | 这个人他也不是什么保密信息源 |
[51:44] | But we’re not going to consent to the Baltimore Police Department | 但我们绝不同意巴尔的摩警察局 |
[51:46] | monitoring our phones. | 监听我们的电话 |
[51:48] | – You’ll tap the payphone? – Don’t print that either. | – 你会监听投币电话? – 这个也别登 |
[51:51] | Don’t print anything about where the killer calls from. | 凶手打电话的地点也不要提起 |
[51:54] | He’ll change up. | 他会换区域 |
[51:58] | Well, I’ll type up my notes quick. | 好吧 我马上去把笔记打出来 |
[52:01] | Big story for you guys, huh? | 对你们是件大新闻吧? |
[52:02] | ??? 10 minutes ago I’d’ve said this whole thing was bullshit. | 十分钟前我还说这事儿是狗屁呢 |
[52:06] | Shows what I know, I guess. | 世事难料啊 我看 |
[52:21] | …which is why I’m gonna fight this thing. | …所以我将力战到底 |
[52:23] | I am innocent and I have done nothing except serve the people. | 我是无辜的 我所做的一切都只为服务群众 |
[52:27] | Oh, I believe you, Senator. | 我相信你 参议员 |
[52:29] | I’ve seen the good work you’ve done for the community… | 你为社区做出的贡献有目共睹 |
[52:44] | That’s Eddie Cantor, right? | 是Eddie Cantor的歌吧? |
[52:46] | No. | 不是 |
[52:48] | It’s perfect. | 完美 |
[52:50] | McNulty, it’s perfect. | McNulty 太完美了 |
[52:53] | I couldn’t believe it. I’m sitting there, | 真不敢相信 我坐在那儿 |
[52:55] | all this bullshit coming at me, thinking, Christ, this is a waste of time. | 听他们问各种狗屁 妈的 真是浪费时间 |
[52:59] | Then I realized this is the wiretap. Right here. They’re giving it to me. | 然后我突然想到这下有监听了 白白送上门的机会 |
[53:03] | Never mind me making a crank call. | 别管我打了什么伪装电话了 |
[53:04] | This here is Lester Freamon’s motherfucking wire. | Lester Freamon的监听设备这下有了 |
[53:17] | What if they check this? | 万一查起来怎么办? |
[53:19] | How many guys in this unit have ever hooked up a wiretap? | 这组能有多少人装过监听仪? |
[53:23] | They don’t know which wire goes where. | 他们不知道哪根接哪根的 |
[53:27] | Explain it to me again, | 再跟我讲讲 |
[53:28] | because I think I’m a smart guy, but this shit makes my head hurt. | 我觉得自己够聪明了 可这还是闹得我头疼 |
[53:32] | They think they’re up on your killer’s cellphone, | 他们以为监听的是连环杀手的手机 |
[53:34] | but they’ll never catch a call because this goes nowhere. | 但是什么都不会听到 因为这根没接上 |
[53:38] | And meanwhile, using the same court authorization, | 同时 借着同一项法庭授权 |
[53:41] | I’m on the live wire down at the detail office, listening to Marlo. | 我在下面用真正的线路监听Marlo |
[53:45] | Every day, you file office and court reports | 每天 你的记录和法庭报告上 |
[53:48] | saying there’s been no further contact with the serial killer. | 都写没有连环杀手的新消息 |
[53:52] | I file exactly nothing, but use what I hear | 而我报告上不写 但用听来的消息 |
[53:56] | to rig the case on our real target. | 去对付我们真正的敌人 |
[53:59] | – And when it goes to court… – No mention of a wiretap. | – 等案子上了法庭… – 监听一词绝口不提 |
[54:01] | – It’s all based on a C. I. – There it is. | – 就说是线人提供的消息 – 就这样 |
[54:03] | Four copies signed by the judge. | 法官签署的四份授权令 |
[54:06] | Emergency order for telephonic intercept of a cellphone, | 对一部手机进行紧急拦截监听 |
[54:10] | number 410-915-0909. | 号码是410-915-0909 |
[54:14] | If the machine is rigged, you’re good to go. | 只要机器接好 你们就可以开始了 |
[54:16] | You’re up. | 行了 |
[54:17] | – Good hunting – Howie, you got midnight shift. | – 捕猎愉快 – Howie 你值半夜的班 |
[54:22] | Worden’ll be in to relieve you at 6. | Worden六点钟来换你 |
[54:24] | After Worden, my squad will pick up monitoring on the dayshift. | Worden之后 我的小队负责白天监听 |
[54:32] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[54:34] | Don’t look so pissy. We’re actually paying overtime for this. | 别苦着脸 我们付加班费的 |
[55:39] | O-dog!O-dog! O-dog!O-dog! | |
[55:43] | My leg! | 我的腿! |
[55:45] | Stay the fuck down! | 他妈的趴下! |
[56:32] | What the… | 搞什么 |
[56:38] | Damn. | 妈的 |
[57:15] | What the… | 搞什么… |