时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | And as you can see from the locations, | 根据地标显示 |
[00:11] | the killer is working primarily in the Southern, Central and Southeastern, | 凶手主要在南区 中区和东南区作案 |
[00:15] | which makes sense given the concentrations of homeless in those districts. | 符合这些地区流浪人员较为集中的特点 |
[00:18] | Vics one and three were killed at night, two and four had daylight T.O.D.s. | 1号3号受害者死于夜间 2号4号死亡时间为白天 |
[00:22] | Detective, what about the missing man, Mr. Butler? | 警探 那个失踪的Butler先生呢? |
[00:26] | Is there any lead at all on his whereabouts? | 他的下落有没有什么消息? |
[00:28] | No, sir. We… | 还没 先生… |
[00:30] | we have teletypes with every police agency in the mid-Atlantic, | 我们已和所有中大西洋区的警署联网 |
[00:33] | we’re also running daily morgue checks in ten states and the district, | 并在十个州和区的停尸房进行每日筛查 |
[00:37] | but nothing yet. | 尚未有所发现 |
[00:39] | Where are we on a profile? | 凶手侧写情况怎么样? |
[00:40] | I’ve arranged for our people to travel to Quantico today. | 我已让我们的人今天来Quantico |
[00:43] | The bureau’s been very accommodating. | 联邦对此案全力配合 |
[00:45] | This is a strange one. | 这凶手很蹊跷啊 |
[00:47] | I’ve heard of people going after street people, but it’s usually adolescent sadism. | 我听说过专门针对流浪汉的 可一般都是猥亵青少年 |
[00:51] | – This sexual thing… – It is different. | – 这个性犯罪… – 是不一样 |
[00:53] | We put it out on ViCAP, and we have no hits anywhere else in the country. | 已经在暴力犯罪资料库上登记了 目前还未在全国其它地方出现 |
[00:56] | I mean, I’m all for a little kinky shit now and then, | 时不时地来个怪胎这我能理解 |
[00:58] | but chewing on a homeless fella? | 但啃咬流浪汉? |
[01:02] | You seem to be well grounded in the case file, detective. | 你的案情报告很详尽 警探 |
[01:05] | What else do you need? | 还需要什么吗? |
[01:06] | Well, we’ve developed a rough list of those adult males | 我们已列出一张大致名单 |
[01:09] | who were briefly detained by police near pier five | 记录了嫌疑人打出最后一通电话后 |
[01:13] | soon after the suspect made his last call. | 警方在5号码头短暂截留的成年男性 |
[01:16] | We’d like to put some of those under surveillance. | 希望能对这些人加以监视 |
[01:18] | They’re not suspects but we would consider them persons of interest. | 他们虽不是嫌疑犯 但可能是案件相关人员 |
[01:21] | We’ve also developed a rough list of known adult white | 同时也拟出了这三区白人 |
[01:25] | homosexual sex offenders in these three districts. | 同性性侵犯者名单 |
[01:28] | And, as we cull that list, we would… | 在进行筛选的同时 |
[01:31] | we’d like to put some of those under surveillance, too. | 我们也希望能将他们纳入监视 |
[01:33] | – About a dozen men. – Less, actually. | – 那得有一打吧 – 没那么多 |
[01:36] | We should be able to eliminate many of our potentials through retroactive investigation. | 通过追溯调查应该可以排除不少人 |
[01:39] | Do you have your people? | 人手够吗? |
[01:40] | I’ve asked the chief of patrol to detail Sergeant Ellis Carver from the Western to Homicide | 我已让巡逻部长把Ellis Carver警长 从西区调到凶杀组来了 |
[01:46] | for purposes of running the surveillance element. | 负责监听相关事宜 |
[01:48] | Why not a man from one of the districts where the attacks occurred? | 怎么不找事发区域警务人员呢? |
[01:50] | Well, I’ve worked with Carver on prolonged investigations in the past, | 我和Carver以前在长期调查中合作过 |
[01:54] | and his familiarity with surveillance tactics is relevant. | 他对监听设备的熟悉程度不容忽视 |
[02:00] | Also, I would be inclined to trust his objective assessment | 另外 在选择监听小组成员问题上 |
[02:03] | when choosing surveillance teams. | 我也倾向于相信他的客观判断 |
[02:05] | Very good. If that works for patrol, it works for operations. | 很好 巡逻部同意 执行部也没意见 |
[02:08] | What are we doing to protect people? | 那如何保护市民呢? |
[02:10] | Patrol and tactical are running extra cars in all three districts | 巡逻组和技术组在这三区已加派警车 |
[02:13] | with special emphasis on posts where the homeless congregate. | 并以流浪人员聚集地为侧重 |
[02:16] | We have ten undercovers dressed as vagrants working staggered shifts. | 有十名便衣警探伪装成流浪汉轮班执勤 |
[02:20] | We’re going to need good undercover cars, as well. | 当然还需要不少便衣警车 |
[02:23] | And I’m told that motor pool expects nothing back from Dickman Street until… | 不过我听说车队的车都借去了Dickman街 |
[02:27] | Whatever you need, detective. | 哪有上哪儿找去 警探 |
[02:29] | Yes, Mr. Mayor, but we’re being told by Public Works… | 是 市长先生 但公共部门的人说… |
[02:31] | Go to Avis if you have to, Hertz. I don’t give a shit. People are disappearing. | 实在不行去Avis 或Hertz 我管不着 人一个个失踪呢 (均为大型连锁汽车租赁公司) |
[02:35] | They’re dying, for Chrissake. Just do what you need to do. | 要死人了 老天啊 该干嘛干嘛去 |
[02:44] | The bad news, gentlemen, | 坏消息 先生们 |
[02:45] | is we’re actually going to have to catch this motherfucker. | 这下我们非抓住这混蛋不可了 |
[02:49] | The good news is that our mayor finally needs a police department | 好消息是市长终于觉得公安部门 |
[02:52] | more than he needs a school system. | 比教育部门重要了 |
[05:00] | Yo, can I help you? | 你好 需要些什么? |
[05:01] | – I’m looking to work. – Here? | – 我想找点活干 – 这儿? |
[05:04] | Yeah, you need anyone? | 嗯 你们招人么? |
[05:06] | – How old are you? – 18. | – 你多大了? – 18 |
[05:09] | A’ight, man, I’m 15. | 好吧 我15岁 |
[05:10] | I can give you a form to fill out, | 我可以让你填张申请表 |
[05:12] | but the manager, he ain’t gonna hire no one under 17. | 但我们经理是不会雇佣17岁以下人员的 |
[05:20] | Hey, yo. | 等等 |
[05:23] | You used to run with the boy Namond, right? | 你以前跟着Namond混的吧? |
[05:26] | Yeah, I used to be on them Fayette corners. | 我以前在Fayette手下干的 |
[05:28] | – Oh yeah, man, I remember you. – Yeah, I just got tired, you know? | – 哦 对 我记得你 – 嗯 烦了 你懂吧? |
[05:32] | Shit got old. | 有点厌倦了 |
[05:35] | So, I guess you need to bang a while longer, | 我看你还是回去再忍忍 |
[05:37] | then come back, see if we got something. | 过阵子再来看看有没有活干 |
[05:54] | Why me? | 干嘛找我? |
[05:55] | Why not somebody from a district where they caught one of your homeless cases? | 怎么不找案发地区当地的警官? |
[06:01] | Well, there’s a hitch. | 妙就妙在这儿 |
[06:11] | This is some fucked-up McNulty shit. | 这是你McNulty搞出来的闹剧 |
[06:14] | I don’t want me or any of my guys getting burned. | 我和我的弟兄们可不想趟这浑水 |
[06:17] | Look, here’s the deal. | 这样行不行 |
[06:19] | Command are throwing more resources at me than I can use on my homeless stuff. | 上面多给了我些资源去查流浪汉案子 |
[06:23] | I got that covered. | 我都搞定了 |
[06:24] | But Lester’s got a fresh line on Marlo Stanfield, | 但Lester有了Marlo Stanfield的新线索 |
[06:27] | and he needs people to run it down. | 需要人手去查 |
[06:29] | A fresh line, huh? | 新线索? |
[06:30] | He’s got a fuckin’ wire up is what you mean. | 不就是监听个号码么 |
[06:34] | No, there’s no wire… | 不是监听的事儿… |
[06:36] | Who the fuck are you kidding? | 你忽悠谁呢? |
[06:38] | I handed him a fresh cell number for Stanfield not two weeks ago. | 我两星期前才给了他Stanfield的新手机号 |
[06:42] | Listen, I don’t know anything about any wire. | 听着 监听的事我一无所知 |
[06:44] | I’m just saying he’s got a new line on Marlo, | 总之就是他有了Marlo的新线索 |
[06:47] | and he needs people to run it down. | 需要人手去追查 |
[06:50] | Bosses stiff-armed him? | 头头彻底无视他了? |
[06:53] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[06:55] | Guy drops all those motherfuckers in the vacants. | 这家伙在空屋里抛尸了那么多混蛋 |
[06:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:01] | So you’re throwing people over to Lester, and paying for it from your case, is that it? | 你调人去帮Lester 钱从你这案子里出 是这样吧 |
[07:05] | O.T. Out the ass. | 加班限令去死吧 |
[07:10] | – What about the paperwork? – I’ll take care of that. | – 书面文件怎么办? – 这我会处理 |
[07:12] | All the sheets, office reports, come through me. | 所有表单 工作报告 都由我来写 |
[07:14] | All your people got to do is straight police work. | 你的人只管出警就行 |
[07:17] | Daniels gave me a free hand to pull people from any district. | Daniels让我放手从各区抽调人员 |
[07:20] | Just make sure you send me people who work. | 你只管给我派几个能干活的 |
[07:29] | McNulty McNulty | |
[07:31] | What about cars? | 用车怎么办? |
[07:32] | Departmental account at Enterprise downtown. | 局里有市区商业租车的账号 |
[07:35] | Get what you need. | 要啥尽管说 |
[07:40] | We delay fleet maintenance for Public Works over the next three months. | 公共工程车辆维护再拖三个月 |
[07:43] | We cut snow removal in half and pray for global warming. | 扫雪车砍一半 祈祷今年温室效应 |
[07:48] | That’s enough to avoid any cuts in school funding for this quarter. | 这些足够这季度不用砍教育预算了 |
[07:51] | This funds police operations fully, correct? | 这样警务行动就够用了是吧? |
[07:53] | They’re back to where they started. | 一切回到从前 没有削减经费时候 |
[07:55] | It’s time anyway. We ducked the teacher layoffs, | 也差不多了 我们避免了教师下岗 |
[07:58] | and you got the 15 points on the third-grade M.S.A.s. You can live with that. | 三年级统考分数提高了15分 不错了 |
[08:01] | But if we don’t drop crime in this quarter and the next, you are vulnerable. | 但本季度和下季度犯罪率再不降 你就吃瘪了 |
[08:04] | It’s now or never. | 现在不动更待何时 |
[08:05] | Besides, you’re getting traction in this homeless thing. | 再说 流浪汉案件你义不容辞 |
[08:08] | Governor was on Y.P.R. Yesterday, and Steiner laid him out for the state cutbacks. | 昨天州长接受YPR电台采访 Steiner还就州里削减预算提出质疑 |
[08:12] | Health Care For The Homeless have asked for City Hall’s steps tomorrow night. | 流浪人员保健中心邀请市政厅明晚前去 |
[08:15] | – Candlelight vigil. – You said yes, right? | – 烛光悼念仪式 – 你同意了吧? |
[08:17] | Norman told ’em they could do it if I got a chance to say a few choice words. | Norman说若能让我抽空 点评几句也未尝不可 |
[08:23] | Speak of the devil. | 说曹操曹操到 |
[08:25] | I just got off the phone with the Post. | 我刚接到华盛顿邮报电话 |
[08:27] | Reporter there wants your comment on a story he’s working about Dobey, down in P.G., | 那记者让你就乔治王子县Dobey一事作出评论 |
[08:31] | looking to take you on in the Democratic primary. | 据说他试图在民主党初选中与你角逐 |
[08:33] | What? Dobey’s getting in? | 什么? Dobey也要参选? |
[08:35] | Make matters worse, Upshaw’s telling people he might just throw in with said county exec. | 更糟的是 Upshaw出来说 他有可能代表县里表决支持 |
[08:40] | Shit, we might have a full-blown P.G. Insurrection on our hands. | 妈的 乔治王子县这下子是要平地大暴动了 |
[08:44] | – Why would they do that? – Lots of pissed off black folks down there. | – 这唱的是哪出啊? – 那里不少黑人心怀不满啊 |
[08:47] | Lot of grumblin’ about always a bridesmaid, never the bride. | 抱怨着总是为他人做嫁衣 |
[08:50] | No way can Dobey take the statehouse. | Dobey不可能拿下州府的 |
[08:52] | All he’s gonna do is make us spend money we’ll need in the general. | 搞了半天只会浪费我们在大选上的钱 |
[08:56] | When we went a-calling in P.G. Last month, who’d you see? | 我们上个月去乔治王子县访问 你见了谁? |
[08:59] | Steny Steny. | |
[09:01] | Maloney, Miller, those guys. | Maloney Miller 这几个人 |
[09:03] | White, white and white. | 白人 白人 白人 |
[09:05] | Not even a cup of coffee with poor old congressman Upshaw. | 连杯咖啡都没跟老Upshaw议员喝 |
[09:08] | I wasn’t snubbing the guy. | 又不是我躲着他 |
[09:09] | Folks there are tired of being taken for granted. | 那些人受够了我们目中无人 |
[09:11] | – Fuck, I gotta kiss a ring, don’t I? – More than a ring, actually. | – 我得抱佛脚去了是吧? – 抱佛脚怕都还不够呢 |
[09:17] | Unlimited O. T? | 无限制加班? |
[09:19] | That’s what I’m told. | 上头是这么说的 |
[09:20] | But you say we might not be working the homeless cases. | 可你说又不一定是办流浪汉案子 |
[09:23] | Not all the time. | 不全是 |
[09:24] | Major crimes has a drug investigation that may also need surveillance work. | 重案组有件涉毒案也需要监听监视 |
[09:28] | Shit, who cares what we work? I need the money. | 管他什么活呢 老子反正缺钱 |
[09:31] | A’ight then, you’ll be working out of homicide. Report down there to Detective McNulty. | 好 你们暂归凶杀组 向McNulty警探汇报 |
[09:36] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 对了 |
[09:39] | Rented wheels on the back lot. | 租来的车在后边停着呢 |
[09:41] | Fuckin’ A! | 真不错哇! |
[09:43] | Ah, man, this is beautiful. | 哇 这也太赞了吧 |
[09:46] | Hell, yeah. | 哇靠 |
[09:50] | It’s weird shit, talkin’ to a psychopath like that. | 这事儿太妖了 竟然跟死变态聊上了 |
[09:52] | I interviewed Dick Cheney once. | 我还采访过Dick Cheney呢 (小布什时期美国副总统) |
[09:56] | What do you think, Gus? Are we hyping this, or is Templeton writing as it lays? | 你怎么看 Gus? 这事儿是炒作 还是就像Templeton写的那样? |
[10:00] | Police say it’s real. | 警方说确有其事 |
[10:01] | An’ those photographs he got sent? The guy’s fucking missing. | 他收到的那些照片? 那人不失踪了么 |
[10:04] | I guess we’re writing homeless stories till December? | 我看这流浪汉案件得写到12月了吧? |
[10:08] | Why till December? | 为什么到12月? |
[10:10] | Pulitzer submissions run the calendar year. | 普利策奖递申年底截止 |
[10:13] | Anything a newspaper cares about at Christmas, | 报社在圣诞期间看得比命还重要的 |
[10:15] | they give a fuck about by New Year’s. | 一过了新年就狗屁都不如 |
[10:17] | Homelessness it is there, gents. | 那就跑流浪汉案呗 同志们 |
[10:22] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[10:24] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[10:25] | Fella in the lobby wants to talk to an editor. | 大堂有人想找个编辑谈谈 |
[10:27] | What kind of editor? | 什么编辑? |
[10:28] | The kind that worked on the story about that homeless vet. | 负责流浪汉案子的编辑 |
[10:32] | Scott’s piece? Sure they don’t want to talk to Scott? | Scott的新闻? 你确定不是找Scott的? |
[10:35] | Says Templeton won’t take his calls anymore, | 他说Templeton不肯接他电话 |
[10:37] | so he walked over here to talk to somebody else. | 他才亲自跑来找别人谈的 |
[10:43] | Tell him someone’s coming down. | 跟他说有人下去接他了 |
[10:47] | That all he say? | 他就说了这些? |
[10:50] | Just walked up and said he got Savino. | 就走过来说他干掉了Savino |
[10:54] | Said he gonna get more of our muscle if Marlo don’t come to the street and step to him. | 他说要是Marlo不上街跟他当面对峙 他还要抓走我们更多兄弟 |
[10:59] | Good thing he didn’t make me from Monk’s apartment. | 幸好在Monk家他没把我认出来 |
[11:01] | I kept on lookin’ away from the motherfucker, hopin’ he ain’t remember me. | 我拼命把脸转开 就怕他记得我 |
[11:05] | He was limpin’ bad, too. | 他还一瘸一拐的 |
[11:08] | He had a crutch. | 拄着个拐杖 |
[11:11] | Wasn’t lyin’ about Savino, was he? | Savino那事儿怕不是吹的吧 |
[11:18] | Everybody sayin’ Omar’s on this warpath. | 大家都说Omar复仇来了 |
[11:20] | Heard he got a stash house last week. Everybody’s… | 听说他上周劫了个毒窝 大家都… |
[11:23] | Everybody need to shut the fuck up. | 大家都他妈该闭嘴了 |
[11:29] | Look, I’m just sayin’, if Marlo was all that over June Bug callin’ him a name, | 我只觉得 Jungbug胡说两句Marlo都发飙 |
[11:34] | so that y’all dropped June and his whole family, then what the fuck? | 让你们把他家满门抄斩 那这算啥? |
[11:39] | Omar out there callin’ ’em bitches every damn day. | Omar每天把他骂得狗血淋头 |
[11:41] | Fuck Omar. | Omar去死 |
[11:43] | What, ya think we ain’t gonna catch this dicksucker? | 怎么 你不信我们会抓住这死基佬? |
[11:46] | This nigger gonna get got. | 这黑鬼就等死吧 |
[11:51] | Y’all gonna tell Marlo? | 你们会告诉Marlo么? |
[11:52] | We tell him, we don’t tell him. | 告诉他 告诉他干嘛 |
[11:54] | Man got enough on his plate. | 他要操心的事儿够多了 |
[11:56] | Young on some different opinion shit there. | 这小子是有意见啊怎么的 |
[12:00] | I dunno. If I was Marlo… | 我不知道 可我要是Marlo… |
[12:02] | Motherfucker, you ain’t. | 你妈 你丫不是他 |
[12:15] | Raspberry? | 树莓? |
[12:16] | Wild strawberry. | 野草莓 |
[12:20] | – What? – Nothing, man. | – 怎么了? – 没什么 |
[12:22] | C’mon, man, we gotta get across town. | 干嘛 要跑老远呢 |
[12:24] | This bitch is gonna tell you where there’s construction, | 这家伙能告诉你哪儿在施工 |
[12:26] | gonna tell you left, gonna tell you right. | 哪儿左转 哪儿右转 |
[12:29] | Pretty much blow you if you ask nice. | 好好问它什么都知道 |
[12:31] | And look. | 看 |
[12:32] | Yo, you gotta play some old school R’n’B shit on that, man. | 哇 必须来点经典R&B哇 |
[12:36] | New car, O.T. This fuckin’ detail, man. | 新车 加班费 有这些好处 |
[12:40] | I hope we never catch this goofy motherfucker. | 真希望永远也抓不到那死变态 |
[12:43] | Hey, officers. Lookee here. | 警官们 跟你们说哦 |
[12:46] | You got two young bucks round the corner. | 那边街角有俩小子 |
[12:49] | One in the white tee, the other guy a throwback on. | 一个穿白T恤 另一个穿背心 |
[12:51] | One got the jump in his dip and the one with a car tire, ya feel me? | 一个裤裆里藏着枪 另一个有把刀 懂吧? |
[12:54] | – Round the corner? – Fulton and Lex. | – 街角那儿? – Fulton和Lex拐角 |
[12:56] | – A’ight. – Thanks, man. | – 好吧 – 谢了 |
[13:09] | Mr. Hanning? It’s an honour for me to meet you, sir. | Hanning先生? 很高兴您能来 先生 |
[13:13] | – Who are you? – My name’s Gus Haynes. | – 你谁啊? – 我叫Gus Haynes |
[13:15] | – I edited the story you’re featured in. – Then you’re a fucking liar. | – 关于您的报道是我编辑的 – 那你就他妈在撒谎 |
[13:30] | Omar. It’s Omar, yo! | Omar Omar来了! |
[14:16] | Gotta giddy up an’ go, dawg. | 赶快丢下东西滚 |
[14:18] | Get! | 滚! |
[14:39] | One… | 一 |
[14:43] | Two… | 二 |
[14:47] | Three… | 三 |
[14:50] | Four. | 四 |
[14:53] | Ya see there? Omar know what one it is. | 看见没 Omar知道藏哪儿 |
[14:58] | Look like all your muscle done up and indisposed now. | 怎么 干活儿的都害病躲起来啦 |
[15:03] | So you might as well go ahead and drop it out, ya feel me? | 识相的快把东西交出来 听见没? |
[15:11] | I’m obliged to walk up in there now. | 别逼我冲进去 |
[15:26] | You workin’ a Stanfield corner, | 你们替Stanfield干活 |
[15:28] | which means you workin’ for a straight-up punk. | 就是替超级孬种干活 |
[15:30] | Ya feel me? | 明白么? |
[15:34] | I’m out here in these streets every day. | 老子可是每天在大街上走 |
[15:36] | Me an’ my Ionesome. | 老子要命一条 |
[15:38] | An’ where he at? | 他丫的人呢? |
[16:03] | Yo, y’all put it in his ear. | 你们去告诉他 |
[16:05] | Marlo Stanfield is not a man for this town. You dig? | Marlo Stanfield别想在这城里混 听见了? |
[16:17] | Yeah, eight men, four cars. Ellis briefed ’em. | 八个人四辆车 Ellis交代过了 |
[16:19] | They know what’s what. | 他们知道怎么回事的 |
[16:23] | No, they’re just happy for the O.T. Don’t worry, Lester. | 没事儿 他们很高兴有加班费拿 别担心 Lester |
[16:30] | Just sign the motherfucker and shut the fuck up. | 你他妈快签了 赶紧闭嘴吧 |
[16:42] | Gimme. | 给我 |
[16:46] | We ready? | 能走了吧? |
[16:47] | ‘Cause you gotta figure an extra hour to get round the Capital Beltway this time of day. | 这时候上环城高速不提前一个小时不行 |
[16:54] | You ever done an FBI profile before? | 你以前接受过FBI侧写么? |
[16:55] | – Once. – How’d it go? | – 一次 – 怎么样? |
[16:58] | They take your file, read you back some shit you already know. | 把卷宗拿去照着念一遍 没啥新鲜玩意儿 |
[17:02] | – Then why do it? – So that we can say we did. | – 那还找他们干嘛? – 这样才能对上头交代嘛 |
[17:13] | Need a pack of Newport. | 来包Newport烟 |
[17:16] | Soft pack. | 软包的 |
[17:28] | Let me get one of them, too. | 这也给我来一个 |
[17:37] | Don’t shoot! | 别开枪! |
[18:02] | Lowenthal. Where the fuck is he? | Lowenthal 人呢? |
[18:04] | He’s… | 他… |
[18:07] | There you go, Bunk. | 来了 Bunk |
[18:11] | Request for a DNA comparison. | DNA比对申请表 |
[18:14] | Case 06H-271. | 06H-271号案件 |
[18:16] | Latent trace to obtained samples. | 潜在证据与已有样本对比 |
[18:18] | And it’s a part of the serial killer thing. | 这事儿跟流浪汉谋杀案有关 |
[18:21] | It’s now a part of that investigation. | 已经正式成为该案一部分了 |
[18:22] | That’s different. If it’s connected to that investigation… | 是该另当别论 既然都跟那案子沾边了… |
[18:25] | It is, here. | 没错 给 |
[18:28] | – It’s in my notes. – I never said I was in a firefight. | – 我笔记里写着 – 我从没说我遇到的是交火 |
[18:31] | – Not on that day. – Sorry, but you did. | – 那天绝对不是 – 你明明说了 |
[18:32] | I told you the lead vehicle took a hit from an elevated I.E.D. | 我跟你说领头的车撞上了自制炸弹 |
[18:36] | Killed the 50 gunner, and blew the hands off the driver. | 炸死了前排战士 炸飞了司机的双手 |
[18:39] | That’s it. That’s enough, man. | 就这样 没了 |
[18:42] | – Why make the rest of that shit up? – I didn’t make anything up. | – 你后面瞎编什么瞎编? – 我编什么了我 |
[18:45] | – We sat there having coffee. – Coffee. | – 我们好好地坐着喝咖啡 – 咖啡 |
[18:47] | – Having donuts and coffee. And you said… – What I say? | – 吃甜甜圈喝咖啡 你说… – 我说什么了? |
[18:50] | – Can I finish? – I don’t know. | – 让我说完行吗? – 我不知道 |
[18:52] | I’m hearing about coffee and donuts, I’m not hearing… | 只听你说咖啡和甜甜圈 没听你说… |
[18:54] | If you’re not going to let me tell my side of the story… | 让我说完 如果你不让我讲我对事实的理解… |
[18:57] | A lie ain’t a side of the story, it’s just a lie. | 谎言不是事实的另一面 说谎就是说谎 |
[18:59] | – I don’t have to listen to this. – OK. Scott, let’s just relax here. | – 我不想听你的污蔑 – 好了 你先别着急 |
[19:03] | Both you gentlemen, let’s just step back here, please? | 你们两位 大家都退一步嘛? |
[19:06] | Now, Mr. Hanning, forgive me, but do you drink much? | Hanning先生 请原谅 您酗酒吗? |
[19:10] | You think I fucking sleep under a bridge sober? | 我他妈不喝酒会去睡桥洞? |
[19:13] | Sometimes when I have a few, and I do like to have a few, | 有时候我喝多了 谁不爱喝两杯嘛 |
[19:18] | I tend to be a little more descriptive in the telling of a tale. | 但是讲起故事来就不免添油加醋了点 |
[19:20] | I know what it is to tell a story. | 我知道什么是添油加醋 |
[19:23] | I’ve told plenty in my time. | 老子当年什么没吹过 |
[19:27] | But there’s some things that happen, you don’t ever fuck with them. | 但有些事发生了 决不能胡编乱造 |
[19:35] | Scott Scott | |
[19:42] | I believe you, Mr. Hanning. | 我相信你 Hanning先生 |
[19:44] | I believe that you believe. | 我相信你是这么认为的 |
[19:47] | That you believe you told me one thing. | 你认为你讲的是一回事 |
[19:50] | But, sir, with all due respect and gratitude, | 但先生 不是不尊重和感激您 |
[19:52] | for you and the service you gave to this country, | 和您为这个国家做出的牺牲 |
[19:54] | you didn’t tell me that thing. | 但你当初讲的不是这样 |
[19:56] | You told me something else. | 你讲的完全是另一回事 |
[19:58] | I wrote Mr. hanning told me. | 我完全按照他说的写的 |
[20:00] | – Mr. Hanning, I know you… – What if one of the guys, | – Hanning先生 我知道你… – 万一哪个人 |
[20:02] | what if a Marine who was there, he reads that shit that you made up? | 万一当时在场的海军陆战队员 看到你瞎编的这些东西? |
[20:07] | That’s why I come down here today. What if one of the guys sees that? | 我看不下去今天才来的 万一他们看到怎么办? |
[20:12] | Man, get him outta my face. | 别让我看见这家伙 |
[20:27] | Guy’s just off. | 这家伙疯了 |
[20:29] | Off in general, off his meds. I don’t know, but off. | 不是真疯 就是吃错药了 反正疯了 |
[20:33] | – A lot of them are, you know. I hate to say it… – He puts on a good front. | – 好多都不正常 不是我说什么… – 故事倒是头版的好材料 |
[20:37] | We’ll call the Marines, get a service record, | 我们给陆战队打电话 查服役记录 |
[20:39] | reach out to some people in his unit, find out what happened that day outside of… | 找找他小队的其他人 看看到底发生了什么… |
[20:43] | – What was it? Fallujah? – Yeah. | – 哪儿来着? Fallujah? (伊拉克城市) – 对 |
[20:46] | If it went down the way you said, we’ll let it be. | 要是确实像你写的那样 这事儿就算了 |
[20:50] | But if not, we’ll chalk it up as a misunderstanding. | 要是不对 就当是一场误会 |
[20:53] | But misunderstanding or no, we will write a correction if what we printed wasn’t accurate. | 不管是不是误会 要是真的报道失实 我们必须发表勘误 |
[21:05] | And we didn’t have coffee. | 我们喝的也不是咖啡 |
[21:07] | We had chocolate milk. | 喝的是巧克力奶 |
[21:15] | You miss what you had, though? | 你怀念以前的生活么? |
[21:19] | I still got too much dog in me to be settled like that. | 我还没折腾够 不想就这么安定下来 |
[21:24] | It wasn’t Cheryl. It was me. | 不是Cheryl的问题 是我 |
[21:29] | Thing is, is I found a connect with the boy, you know? | 我跟她儿子倒挺合得来 怪吧 |
[21:32] | That part of it feels right to me. | 看见他心里踏实 |
[21:35] | Kids are great. | 小孩是挺好 |
[21:37] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[21:40] | What about you and Beadie? You were quiet there for a time. | 你跟Beadie呢? 好久没听你提起她了 |
[21:46] | Yeah. Bunk once told me I’m no good for people. | Bunk有次跟我说 我跟身边人犯冲 |
[21:49] | Everyone around me, he said. | 逮谁害谁 他说 |
[21:52] | – Was he drunk? – Yeah. But still. | – 他醉了吧? – 是 不过一样 |
[21:56] | – Omar be dead. I’m tellin’ you. – Heard that before. | – Omar死翘翘啦 姐跟你说 – 不是早说他死了嘛 |
[21:59] | – For real. – You see him? | – 这次真的 – 你看见了? |
[22:01] | Seen his dead ass layin’ right up in there. | 看着他直挺挺地躺在那儿呢 |
[22:03] | Boy up on the corner say he try to rob them Koreans and got killed. | 街角小子说他想去抢劫韩国人 被崩了 |
[22:20] | You shoulda let me give him the years, Bunk. | 你该让我把他送牢里去的 Bunk |
[22:22] | He’d have been better off. | 他也不至于如此下场 |
[22:25] | Thanks for calling. | 谢谢你们叫我来 |
[22:26] | Figured you’d wanna see this, you being so tight with the mope. | 估计你会想亲眼看看 毕竟你跟这家伙关系不一般 |
[22:35] | Professional job here. | 专业的手法呐 |
[22:36] | No. I thought so at first, but the Korean broad we sent downtown | 不是 我一开始也那么想 可送回局子里的韩国店主说 |
[22:40] | said he got done in by a short little fella with a big gun. | 杀他的是个拿着大枪的小矮个子 |
[22:44] | Shit, walked in an’ lit his ass up. | 靠 冲进来就把他咯蹦了 |
[22:46] | How short? | 多矮? |
[22:53] | The boy robbed him? | 那孩子还抢了他? |
[22:55] | Counter lady said the hoppers all ran up in here for souvenirs. | 柜台女的说小混混都冲进来抢纪念品 |
[22:58] | Took his shotty and his semiauto too. | 他的散弹枪和半自动步枪也拿走了 |
[23:00] | Ran all through his pockets. | 兜翻了个底朝天 |
[23:05] | Be my guest. | 随意 |
[23:21] | Back on the hunt, were you? | 复仇来了 是吧? |
[23:23] | Young ‘un say he out here with no car, walkin’ with a limp an’ shit. | 小子说他没开车 一瘸一拐地在大街上走 |
[23:28] | He gonna fall, Chris. You gonna see. | 他死定了 Chris 你等着瞧 |
[23:35] | – Marlo need a meet. – For real? | – Marlo要见面 – 真的? |
[23:45] | Leander, where we at? | Leander 怎么样了? |
[23:47] | Still setting this up. Why, did you catch another one? | 还在安排编组 怎么 你又截到信息了? |
[23:49] | 6:55 and 34. | 6:55和34 |
[23:53] | We’re not on anybody yet, so we’ll pick it up in the morning. | 还没正式监视呢 从明天起再说吧 |
[23:56] | – All right, later. – All right. | – 好吧 回见 – 再见 |
[23:59] | OK. Doze, Truck, you’re on Monk Metcalf. | 好 Doze Truck 你跟Monk Metcalf |
[24:02] | Bobby, you and Brian are on Chris Partlow. | Bobby 你和Brian跟Chris Partlow |
[24:04] | He usually rides with Snoop Pearson, | 他一般坐Snoop Pearson的车 |
[24:06] | but if they split, Karen and Tony will pick up on her. | 要是他俩分开 Karen和Tony就去跟她 |
[24:08] | Marcus, Angela. You’re the backup unit when we need one. | Marcus Angela 如有需要你们作为候补 |
[24:12] | – You’re gonna do Stanfield? – Yeah. | – 你监视Stanfield? – 嗯 |
[24:13] | All their business is face-to-face, and they meet in the open several times a day. | 他们有事都当面谈 每天在露天见好几次面 |
[24:17] | We’re just trying to find the pattern in the meets. | 我们要找出其中的规律 |
[24:20] | Where do we pick these guys up? | 从哪儿开始跟踪? |
[24:21] | Stanfield has every corner between MLK and Monroe, | Stanfield控制着MLK到Monroe的每个街角 |
[24:24] | and they start shaping it up around 11 or so, OK? | 人差不多从11点开始到位 |
[24:28] | That’s when the re-up orders start coming in, | 负责送货的开始补货 |
[24:30] | that’s when you’ll start to see Monk making the rounds. | 这时就能看见Monk开始巡逻 |
[24:33] | Most mornings, Marlo starts off with a parley or two | 一般早上 Marlo会开一两个晨会 |
[24:36] | on the playground between Mosher and Lanvale. | 地点在Mosher和Lanvale街之间的操场上 |
[24:39] | Now, these guys seem to be wholesaling, too. | 他们好像也做批发生意 |
[24:41] | Other dealers, players, anyone who wants to get with him gets him there, OK? | 其他毒贩 打手 但凡想见他的都去那儿见 |
[24:46] | Chris and Snoop are usually with him. | Chris和Snoop一般和他一起 |
[24:49] | And McNulty’s got you covered for paperwork. | McNulty会搞定书面报告的 |
[24:51] | None of what we do here is necessary for court, | 我们干的这些都不用上报法庭 |
[24:54] | so rest easy on that, all right? | 就别费心了 明白吗? |
[24:57] | So we stage here tomorrow at nine. | 我们明天九点在此会合 |
[25:04] | No sign of him, but I ain’t on nothin’ else for as long as it take. | 没见他 不过抓不到他我誓不罢休 |
[25:09] | You ain’t heard? Omar bagged up. | 你没听说? Omar嗝屁了 |
[25:12] | Shit, I thought y’all was gonna tell me. | 还以为你们会跑来告诉我呢 |
[25:15] | I just got the word myself from Monk. | 我刚听Monk说的 |
[25:17] | – Who got him? – Some young boy. | – 谁干掉他的? – 一小男孩儿 |
[25:19] | – Who? – Ain’t heard a name. Don’t even know if there was a why. | – 谁? – 名字不知道 连为什么都不知道 |
[25:23] | Hopper wanna hear a pop, see the damage, ya know? | 混混听到枪响 就见他死了 |
[25:26] | Yeah. That shit is gone. | 好 这事儿算是结了 |
[25:28] | We done with this next resupply, | 等我们下次补完货 |
[25:30] | you an’ me got some time in AC coming to us, don’t we? | 咱去大西洋城逍遥一下如何? |
[25:35] | Forensically, this guy is all over the map. | 法证学上来讲 这家伙什么都沾点边儿 |
[25:38] | Sexual to a point, but inhibited. | 有性犯罪 但呈现抑制行为 |
[25:41] | Nocturnal on some, diurnal on the others. | 部分犯罪夜间发生 部分白天 |
[25:43] | And the notion of targeting the homeless, to begin with? | 再加上仅仅针对流浪汉这点? |
[25:46] | We’ve only seen that a couple of times, | 我们虽只见过一两次 |
[25:47] | but in those instances, it’s been someone within that cohort. | 但那些案例中 罪犯本身也是其中一员 |
[25:51] | And they’re not usually carrying cellphones and calling newspapers. | 不太会携带手机 还给报社打电话 |
[25:55] | You caught a strange one here. | 这家伙很奇特啊 |
[25:57] | Detectives. Don’t get up. | 警探们 别站起来 |
[25:59] | Arthur Toland, deputy director of the unit. | 我是Arthur Toland 分析组副组长 |
[26:02] | Just wanted to drop by and make sure we’re progressing your case. | 我过来就是想问问 我的人对你的案情还算有帮助吧 |
[26:05] | Yeah. Great. Thanks. | 受益匪浅 多谢了 |
[26:08] | You might recognize the director from television. | 你们可能在电视上见过组长 |
[26:10] | – He’s done all of them. – You know those news shows. | – 上镜都是他去的 – 你们知道那些新闻栏目的嘛 |
[26:13] | Always want a talking head when a case comes up. | 有什么案子总要找个出来说话的 |
[26:16] | Greta van Susteren Nancy Grace Chris Matthews Greta van Susteren, Nancy Grace, Chris Matthews, | |
[26:20] | that fella with the big forehead, whatshisname? | 那个寿星额头的 叫啥来着? |
[26:22] | – Larry King? – Yeah. | – Larry King? – 对 |
[26:25] | What the hell. It’s a chance to get the word out for the bureau. | 管他呢 总要有人代表局里说说话嘛 |
[26:28] | And I sell some books. | 我还出过几本书 |
[26:31] | “Human Hunters – The Rise of the American Serial Killer”? | “终极猎人 – 美国连环杀人犯的崛起”? |
[26:38] | They’ve used a lot of my stuff on those CSI shows. | “CSI”里用了我不少案例 |
[26:40] | I’ve consulted for them. | 我给他们做顾问来着 |
[26:44] | You haven’t heard… | 你们没听说过… |
[26:47] | So, how long you been doing death investigations? | 你干凶案组多久了? |
[26:49] | Eight years. | 八年了 |
[26:51] | We don’t see a lot of serial stuff, actually. | 我们那儿连环谋杀案还真不多 |
[26:54] | Drug murders. A street robbery every now and then. | 都是毒品案 街头抢劫什么的 |
[26:57] | 300 or so a year. | 一年300来起 |
[26:59] | Well, you’ve got a serial case now, so, I’ll leave you to it. | 现在这不有了嘛 那我就不打扰你们了 |
[27:03] | Good hunting. | 狩猎愉快 |
[27:05] | Art was lead investigator on the Unabomber thing. | Art是”炸弹客”一案的首席调查员 (卡钦斯基炸弹案) |
[27:07] | That was, like, 16 years, right? | 那得是16年前了吧? |
[27:10] | Yeah. | 对 |
[27:12] | Then his brother ratted him out? | 后来是他兄弟把他供出来的吧? |
[27:21] | Homeless is in at 30 inches. | 流浪汉排给30英寸版面 |
[27:23] | It’s good shit there. | 写得不错啊 |
[27:26] | No, really. | 真的 |
[27:27] | There was a real sense of place, especially under the Hanover Bridge | 场景感很强 尤其是汉诺威大桥下 |
[27:31] | when the police came up under there to give the warning. | 警察过来提醒大家那段 |
[27:34] | Drama in small moments like that. | 小细节 大味道 |
[27:36] | – Truth is, I had a tour guide. – Yeah? | – 其实我有个导游 – 哦? |
[27:39] | Yeah, fella I met at a soup kitchen. | 嗯 我在施粥棚遇见的家伙 |
[27:41] | Volunteer there. Ex-addict. | 在那儿做志愿者 前吸毒人员 |
[27:44] | There’s something about this guy. I mean, he’s just… | 这家伙身上有种 我觉得他… |
[27:47] | I don’t know, the more he talked, the more I felt like it was him I really wanted to write about. | 说不清 越听他讲 越觉得他才值得我写 |
[27:51] | – Yeah? – But he’s not homeless. | – 是吗? – 但他不是流浪汉 |
[27:53] | I don’t have any peg for him. Shit, I don’t know what the story is. | 我没正式采访他 连他到底有啥经历都不知道 |
[27:57] | – He’s got a name? – Reginald Cousins. | – 叫啥名字? – Reginald Cousins |
[27:59] | Volunteers at a soup kitchen. What’s he do for money? | 在施粥棚做志愿者 靠啥挣钱? |
[28:01] | Sells the Baltimore Sun every morning out by Light Street. | 每天早上沿着Light街卖《太阳报》 |
[28:04] | – Shit. Not exactly a growth industry. – He lives in his sister’s basement. | – 哈 这可不是啥好买卖 – 他住在他姐姐家地下室 |
[28:08] | She’ll take a plate down to him now and then but won’t let him upstairs. | 她有时候端点饭菜下去 但是不许他上楼 |
[28:11] | – Spend some time with him. – What about the homeless coverage? | – 花点时间跟他聊聊 – 流浪汉的案子怎么办? |
[28:15] | You’re covered. Take a couple weeks, see what you see. A’ight? | 别担心 花两个星期 看看有什么故事? |
[28:19] | Late entries from the copshop. | 警方最新消息 |
[28:21] | Two dead in a Charles county house fire, and a homicide from the city. | Charles县一家着火两人死亡 市区一起谋杀案 |
[28:24] | Ettlin, what do we got room for? | Ettlin 还有多少版面? |
[28:25] | We’re shy one brief in the metro digest. | 都市摘要还缺一篇简报 |
[28:28] | Four paragraphs’ll fill. | 四段就差不多了 |
[28:30] | What’s the homicide? | 凶杀案什么来头? |
[28:31] | A 34-year-old black male shot dead in West Baltimore grocery. | 34岁黑人男性在西区杂货店中枪身亡 |
[28:35] | Juvenile suspect is being sought. | 嫌疑人似为青少年 |
[28:38] | Write up the fire. | 写火灾吧 |
[28:40] | Scratch the murder, we don’t have room. | 谋杀案算了 没版面了 |
[28:42] | So what we conclude from a behavioral analysis of the known forensics is the following: | 根据已知法证做出行为分析如下: |
[28:47] | The suspect is likely a white male, in his late 20s to late 30s. | 嫌疑人似为白人男性 年龄在近30-近40间 |
[28:50] | He likely is not a college graduate, | 很可能从未上过大学 |
[28:52] | but feels nonetheless superior to those with advanced education, | 但自认为比那些受过高等教育的人优秀 |
[28:55] | and he is likely employed in a bureaucratic entity, | 有可能受雇于官僚机构 |
[28:58] | possibly civil service or quasi-public service, from which he feels alienated. | 政府部门或准公共部门 感觉受到排挤 |
[29:03] | He has a problem with authority and a deep-seated resentment of those | 他对权威不满 并对横加干涉他工作的人 |
[29:06] | who he feels have impeded his progress professionally. | 怀有强烈的憎恨 |
[29:09] | The minimized sexual activity suggests that this is not a primary motive for the killings. | 轻微的性行为显示出这并非犯罪的初衷 |
[29:14] | In fact, the bite marks in the last found victim lacking the DNA of saliva, | 最新一具尸体上的咬痕缺乏唾液DNA |
[29:18] | indicate to us possible post-mortem staging. | 显示出这可能是死后伪造 |
[29:21] | The suspect has trouble with lasting relationships | 嫌疑人很难与人保持长期关系 |
[29:23] | and is possibly a high-functioning alcoholic, | 并可能为高功能酗酒者 |
[29:26] | with alcohol being utilized as a trigger in the commission of these crimes. | 在这些犯罪中酒精起到了触发作用 |
[29:29] | His resentment of the homeless | 他对流浪汉的憎恨 |
[29:30] | may stem from a personal relationship with someone in that cohort, | 可能始于 对这一群体内某人的私人恩怨 |
[29:34] | or his victimization of vagrants might merely present an opportunity for him | 也可能选择以无业游民为犯罪对象 |
[29:38] | to assert his superiority and intellectual prowess. | 为他提供了显示智力优越性的机会 |
[29:43] | If you get more, fax it down, and we can update the profile. | 如果有其他信息 传过来 我们会更新侧写 |
[29:52] | Thanks for everything. | 非常感谢 |
[29:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:56] | So, what do you think? | 觉得怎么样? |
[29:58] | They’re in the ballpark. | 骗骗小孩子的 |
[30:01] | ??Congressman, I’ll do whatever it takes to make things right between us, | 议员先生 你我之间有什么问题都好商量 |
[30:05] | but running Dobey in the primary is only gonna hurt everybody. | 但让Dobey参加党内初选只会两败俱伤 |
[30:08] | – You mean hurt you. – I’m the only viable candidate | – 是你自身难保吧 – 要打败共和党那混蛋 |
[30:10] | to beat that Republican prick, and I know you know that. | 我是唯一适合的候选人 这点你很清楚 |
[30:13] | At the end of the day, isn’t that what it’s all about? | 难道大家最终不都为了这个吗? |
[30:15] | Do not waste your breath tellin’ me | 不用你浪费口水告诉我 |
[30:17] | what I already know about our tax-cutting, | 我只知道你们减税 |
[30:20] | dump-it-on-the-counties, ass-kiss-every-business-interest governor. | 烂摊子往县里推 对州长有钱就是娘 |
[30:23] | P.G. County has 100 murders a year, | 乔治王子县每年有100起谋杀案 |
[30:25] | school system held together with spit and glue, | 教育系统勉强支撑 |
[30:27] | and worse rush-hour traffic than Atlanta. | 高峰时期交通拥堵比亚特兰大还糟 |
[30:30] | And the man in Annapolis wouldn’t piss on us if we were on fire. | 除非火烧眉毛 州长鸟都不会鸟我们 |
[30:33] | – Don’t hold back, congressman. – I’m tired of these fuckin’ Republicans. | – 您尽管说 议员先生 – 我受够那些共和党人了 |
[30:37] | I fucked up, not coming to see you earlier. | 没早点来见你是我不对 |
[30:39] | But between the votes I can pull out of Baltimore, | 但凭我在巴尔的摩拉到的选票 |
[30:41] | Montgomery and your county, I am gonna take the statehouse. | 加上蒙哥马利和你们县 我一定能拿下州府 |
[30:44] | And then the frustration that you feel is gonna end. | 到时你们的种种不顺必将终止 |
[30:47] | I know you’ve heard this from every other son of a bitch, | 我知道每个混蛋都这么对您说 |
[30:50] | but congressman, I give you my word. | 但议员先生 我向你保证 |
[30:52] | You know, you’re right. I have heard that before. | 你说得对 这话我听了无数遍 |
[30:55] | You wanna keep P.G. County in your camp, | 想把乔治王子县拉入你的阵营 |
[30:58] | it’s gonna cost you a lot more than your word. | 光说不练可不行 |
[31:45] | Fuck. | 操 |
[31:57] | You rang? | 你找我? |
[31:59] | Funny case you got here. | 你这案子有意思啊 |
[32:00] | Your victim had an address. | 死者有注册地址 |
[32:02] | A home. Paid rent, so we assume. Maybe even a mortgage. | 有家 付房租 说不定还在还贷 |
[32:07] | But not homeless, in any case. No strangulation, no red ribbon. | 反正肯定不是流浪汉 无勒痕无红丝带 |
[32:13] | Christopher Partlow Christopher Partlow | |
[32:16] | A lesser man might get pissy because you jumped the line, Bunk. | 你这样胡来 换别人早发飙了 Bunk |
[32:19] | Me? | 我? |
[32:21] | I remember Partlow’s name from all those cases last year. | 去年那么些案子 Partlow这名字我记着呢 |
[32:25] | – Congrats. – Yeah. | – 恭喜 – 嗯 |
[32:28] | But… | 不过… |
[32:30] | don’t fuck with me like this again. | 别再拿我开涮了 |
[32:34] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[32:38] | He lied on his mortgage application, huh? | 他在贷款申请上说谎了吧? |
[32:40] | – We have a name for that over here. – The headshot. I know. | – 名字在这儿 – 铁证 我知道 |
[32:43] | On a mortgage charge, he’s certain to plead out. | 如果以贷款问题起诉 他肯定会申辩 |
[32:45] | – Billy doesn’t plead his clients. – Then he’s looking at a lot of years. | – Billy从不替客户申辩 – 那可就是好多年的刑期了 |
[32:48] | A federal jury is a very different animal than what they see on Calvert Street. | 联邦陪审团和当地那些可有天壤之别 |
[32:52] | I tried to tell him that. | 我告诉过他了 |
[32:53] | Yeah, but Mr. Bond wanted to try this himself, | 但Bond先生偏要一意孤行 |
[32:56] | see if he couldn’t grandstand his way to City Hall. | 想靠此案挤进市府 |
[32:59] | Well, you have the headshot, detective, but no gun with which to fire it. | 警探 你有物证 却揪不出幕后黑手啊 |
[33:04] | – We can’t take this case. – It’s all on paper. | – 我们不能接这案子 – 都是白纸黑字的证据 |
[33:06] | You had canceled cheques. You had bank accounts. | 你有空头支票 银行账户 |
[33:10] | You had his bag man on the stand. | 你有替他洗钱的人举证 |
[33:12] | -We had a city jury. -hmm. | 我们有市陪审团嘛 |
[33:16] | We’ve been gathering string on Clay Davis for six years, detective. | 我们盯了Clay Davis整整六年了 警探 |
[33:20] | Six years, we’ve had a file open on that shakedown artist. | 六年 终于可将这个周扒皮一举拿下 |
[33:23] | And now, after you city sons of bitches have managed,in a single week, | 结果倒好 你们市的杂种们区区一周 |
[33:27] | to transform Clay fucking Davis into Martin Luther King Jr., | 就把他妈的Clay Davis 吹成了马丁路德金第二 |
[33:33] | you now come to me with this, | 你现在给我看这些 |
[33:34] | which you had in your back pocket all along, | 你藏着掖着的早不拿出来 |
[33:37] | looking for the federal jury of mostly white faces to remedy the problem? | 现在让都是白人的联邦陪审团怎么补救啊? |
[33:41] | Well… | 唉… |
[33:44] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:50] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[33:59] | What’s this? | 这什么? |
[34:01] | From the pocket of a dead stick-up boy. | 从一死了的劫匪兜里找到的 |
[34:04] | Omar Little Omar Little. | |
[34:06] | Omar? Dead? | Omar? 死了? |
[34:07] | You stop readin’ the 24s? Killed yesterday at a grocery. | 你通告都不看了? 昨天死在一家杂货店 |
[34:11] | – Slow to the draw, he was. – No shit. | – 都没来得及拔枪 – 不会吧 |
[34:14] | One to the back of the head. Norris and Crutchfield caught it. | 一枪击中后脑勺 Norris和Crutchfield接报的 |
[34:18] | They’re looking for a juvenile. He was hunting Stanfield and crew. | 说作案的是少年 他在追杀Stanfield团伙 |
[34:22] | – And this was on him? – Yep. | – 在他身上找到的? – 嗯 |
[34:24] | Thought of you and Lester when I saw it. | 看到它就想起你和Lester了 |
[34:26] | Payback for you getting me back some great lab. | 就当报答你替我摆平实验室 |
[34:30] | Positive DNA on Chris Partlow. | DNA显示与Chris Partlow匹配 |
[34:32] | An alley beating, not one of the ones in the vacants. | 小巷殴打致死 不是空屋案 |
[34:34] | Motherfucker. You have all kinds of news today, don’t you? | 他奶奶的 你今天消息不少啊? |
[34:38] | Going for a warrant right now. | 这就去申请逮捕令 |
[34:39] | Hey, can you wait to serve it? | 你能不能等等? |
[34:43] | – We’re right at the edge, Bunk. – How long? | – 我们就快收网了 Bunk – 多久? |
[34:45] | ‘Cause this is an honest fuckin’ murder prosecution. | 这可是板上钉钉的谋杀罪 |
[34:47] | I’ll talk to Lester. Congrats. | 我会告诉Lester的 恭喜了 |
[34:52] | Yeah. No shuckin’, no jivin’. Just good ol’ police work. How about that, Jimmy? | 不蒙不骗 堂堂正正破案 怎么样 Jimmy? |
[34:56] | Without my bullshit, you’re still waiting on lab work. | 不靠我忽悠 你还不是在等实验室结果 |
[35:03] | Listen, Jimmy, the Conaway shooting from Westport? | Jimmy 西港口的Conaway枪击案? |
[35:05] | The transvestite? I go to ViCAP, there’s another one just like it, | 那个异装癖? 我查了ViCAP数据库 又有一起类似案件 |
[35:09] | down in Carolina, four months ago. | 卡罗莱纳 四个月前 |
[35:12] | For a road car and two nights in a hotel, I can put this down. | 给我辆车 报销两晚旅店 我去查查 |
[35:16] | What are you talking about? Yours is a 9mm, this one’s a.32. | 你说什么呢? 你那是9mm口径 这是.32 |
[35:19] | Yours was a bar pick-up, this one’s a home invasion. | 你那起是酒吧拐带 这是入室抢劫 |
[35:21] | Still worth checking out. | 还是值得一查的嘛 |
[35:25] | I don’t see it. Sorry. | 我不觉得 抱歉 |
[35:27] | You’re gonna make me spit it out, aren’t you? | 你非要我明说是吧? |
[35:30] | You ever played Hilton Head? | 你在希尔顿Head玩过高尔夫不? |
[35:32] | I get a call from my brother-in-law a few days ago. | 我小舅子前两天打电话给我 |
[35:34] | He managed to swing a tee-time for this weekend. | 说订到了本周末限时球道 |
[35:36] | Jimmy, I’m going, goddammit. | Jimmy 我非去不可 |
[35:38] | The fuck do I care? Go. | 管我什么事 滚 |
[35:41] | You know, this is some real cute shit you’re pulling here. | 你在这儿玩得还挺得瑟哈 |
[35:44] | Taking the detail money and doling it around like a priest passing wafers. | 拿着上头专拨的款子借花献佛 |
[35:48] | I don’t know what you’re up to but I know this. | 你葫芦里卖的什么药我不懂 我只知道 |
[35:51] | If someone picked up a phone around here, your shit is critically fucked. | 只要一通电话打上去 你就他妈的死定了 |
[35:58] | Two nights and a road car. | 两晚酒店 一辆车 |
[36:14] | Leander, I’m showing 10:55 and 34 from Marlo’s phone. | Leander Marlo手机发出10:55和34 |
[36:17] | Anybody on the move? | 有行动不? |
[36:18] | I got him coming eastbound on Baltimore Street at Calhoun. | 我跟踪他从Calhoun沿Baltimore街往东 |
[36:21] | – Who’s on Monk? – Wait one. | – 谁跟Monk? – 等等 |
[36:25] | 23-06 to 23-11. Where you at, man? | 23-06呼叫23-11 你们在哪儿? |
[36:28] | 23-11. Southbound MLK, approaching route 40. | 23-11 MLK大街往南 接近40国道 |
[36:32] | That’s the meet, Lester. Monk and Marlo on the westside. We on it. | 要见面了 Lester Monk和Marlo在西区 我们上 |
[36:52] | Corner of Argyle and Dolphin. | Argyle和Dolphin街角 |
[36:54] | Monk and Marlo, as expected. | Monk和Marlo 不出所料 |
[36:56] | Now I got 4:40 and 35 coming into Marlo’s phone. | 现在Marlo的手机又收到4:40和35 |
[37:01] | Yeah, he’s scoping that, Lester. | 他是在看手机 Lester |
[37:04] | We know it ain’t Monk callin’. | 那就不是Monk发的 |
[37:05] | -23-06 to 23-12. -23-12. | – 23-06呼叫23-12 – 收到 |
[37:08] | – Who do you have eyes on? – Both my subjects. | – 你们监视到谁? – 两个都在 |
[37:10] | – They go to their cellphones? – Negative. | – 拿着手机吗? – 否 |
[37:12] | – They on the move? – Negative. | – 在移动中吗? – 否 |
[37:15] | – 23-14, nothing moving either. – No one else calling or moving. | – 23-14 也没移动 – 没人打电话或转移 |
[37:18] | Means we got somebody else on this network we don’t yet know. | 说明还有其他人联网 我们不知道 |
[37:24] | Oh, boy. | 啊呀 |
[37:40] | – Hey, man, let me give you a hand. – All right, you ready? | – 嘿 我来帮你吧 – 好吧 准备好了? |
[37:49] | I don’t have no money in the moment, | 我现在手上没钱 |
[37:50] | but I’ll be going down to the scales in a hour or two. | 不过我过一两小时要去废品回收站 |
[37:55] | You help me out, I’ll go ten for your trouble. | 你帮我忙 我给你10美元辛苦费 |
[38:08] | Got a rag for that behind you. | 你后面有块布 包扎下 |
[38:12] | Junk! Junkman! | 收废品咯 |
[38:16] | Junk! | 收废品 |
[38:26] | Where the fuck are you going? | 你这是去哪儿? |
[38:28] | I gotta see Lester about… | 我找Lester有点事… |
[38:32] | What’s all that? | 这是什么? |
[38:34] | Parole info on known sex offenders for five zip codes. | 五个区已知性犯罪者的假释信息 |
[38:37] | I’ve also got background info on my desk | 我桌上还有我们在5号码头抓到 |
[38:39] | for everyone we picked up at pier five with a cellphone. | 所有持手机人员的背景资料 |
[38:41] | – You’re actually gonna… – Compare the FBI profile | – 你还真打算… – 根据FBI侧写 |
[38:44] | with every person of interest I can find? Hell yeah, somebody’s gotta. | 比对每个案件相关人员? 当然 总得有人干吧 |
[38:49] | – Come here. – The fuck are you doin’? | – 过来 – 你搞什么? |
[38:57] | Maurice Dobey? For governor? Of my state? | Maurice Dobey? 选州长? 我的州? |
[39:01] | Shit. | 我操 |
[39:03] | That’s some cynical politics, right there. | 这招玩得阴啊 |
[39:05] | Playin’ like you gonna run a man you know can’t win to scare people into payin’ off. | 让明知不可能赢的人参选 想吓唬你破财消灾 |
[39:09] | Dobey could bloody you up, Tommy. In Baltimore and P.G. Both. | Dobey能让你大出血啊 Tommy 巴尔的摩和乔治王子县都是 |
[39:13] | Playin’ that race card. Shameful. | 用田忌赛马那招 可耻 |
[39:16] | What does Upshaw want to stay out of the race? | Upshaw要什么才肯置身事外? |
[39:18] | – Too much. – Are you going to pay? | – 太多了 – 你准备给么? |
[39:19] | Let’s just say I’m in negotiations. | 这么说吧 还在斡旋之中 |
[39:21] | I’ll do everything I can to make sure this insurrection doesn’t spread. | 我会尽我所能防止这场暴乱扩散 |
[39:25] | Wonderful!And how much is the loyal support | 太好了 那么东区民主同盟的有力支持 |
[39:28] | of the Eastside Democratic Coalition going to cost me? | 要我如何报答呢? |
[39:31] | Only an endorsement, given that this man here is still standing, | 只要您的市长推荐 既然这位兄弟屹立不倒 |
[39:35] | I don’t believe that Rupert Bond is going to find his way into this office. Do you? | 我看Rupert Bond也没什么机会 挤进这间办公室了吧? |
[39:38] | And for my endorsement, you will return the favour | 有了我的推荐 你们就会投桃报李 |
[39:40] | and ignore our friends in Prince George’s. | 无视我们乔治王子县的朋友 |
[39:42] | And the loyalty of the westside is going to cost me what exactly? | 那西区的忠诚又要我付出什么代价呢? |
[39:45] | Nothin’ big. You got three seats comin’ open on the liquor board. | 没啥大事 酒精管理委员会有三个空缺 |
[39:48] | – You get one seat. – Two an’ you have me | – 给你一个席位 – 两个 我就帮你 |
[39:50] | raisin’ money for you in the primary. | 在初选中筹集资金 |
[39:52] | Sold. And it scares me to think of the damage you can do | 成交 想到你在酒管会有两票 |
[39:55] | with two votes on the liquor board. | 不知会怎么兴风作浪 我真是担心啊 |
[40:02] | – It ain’t right. – No… | – 这样不对 – 是啊 … |
[40:05] | – It just is. – No, I mean, you can’t do this. | – 但是只能这样… – 不 你不能做这事儿 |
[40:08] | We’re doing it. Whatever they give us to work the bullshit, | 做都做了 只要上头给钱 |
[40:10] | I throw to Lester, or Crutchfield or Norris, | 我就扔给Lester 或Crutchfield或Norris |
[40:12] | anyone else who has a case that ought to be solved. | 谁有该办的案子就扔给谁 |
[40:14] | It’s bad enough I wasted your day yesterday going to Quantico. | 昨天让你跟我去Quantico白跑一趟 已经对不起你了 |
[40:17] | I can’t stand to see you wasting more time. You should be working your home invasion. | 不能再让你白白浪费时间 你该办自己的入室谋杀案 |
[40:21] | – Jimmy, you can’t do this. – A couple days more, | – Jimmy 你不能这么干 – 最多一两天 |
[40:23] | and Lester gets his best shot at Marlo. | 等Lester抓到Marlo的罪证 |
[40:25] | After that, we’ll never hear from the red-ribbon killer again. | 然后红丝带杀手就会销声匿迹 |
[40:28] | The bosses will lose interest, I’ll pretend to run out a little more string, | 老大们慢慢失去兴趣 我假装再追查一两条线索 |
[40:31] | and then it goes right back to the admin office. No harm, no foul. | 然后一切受案交公 没什么危害 |
[40:36] | Whatever you need, Kima, to work your triple | 你那三尸案不管需要什么 Kima |
[40:38] | or any other case that matters to you. | 或者其他什么要紧案子 |
[40:41] | Manpower, O.T., lab work, cars. | 人力 加班费 实验室 车辆 |
[40:45] | Just let me know. | 跟我说一声就行 |
[40:51] | I gotta go. | 我要走了 |
[40:56] | Man! Junk! | 买垃圾啊 |
[40:58] | Old papers! | 旧报纸! |
[40:59] | Sheet metal! | 金属片! |
[41:01] | Junkman! Junk! | 收废品咯! |
[41:03] | Cardboard. | 纸板箱 |
[41:04] | – Newspapers. – Hey, Bug, up here. | – 报纸 – Bug 过来 |
[41:10] | I get you that ten tomorrow and if you’re lookin’ for work, | 10块钱我明天给你 你要是想找活干 |
[41:13] | I got what needs liftin’. | 我倒是要人帮我抬东西 |
[41:15] | You know the stable on Bruce Street? Be there before nine. | 你知道Bruce街上那个马棚? 九点前到 |
[41:21] | Dag, Duke, you a-rabbin’ now? | 呦 Duke 你收旧货了? |
[41:26] | I’m showing 5:15 and 34 seconds. | 这里显示5点15分34秒 |
[41:29] | I’m up Park Heights but I lost him just past the park. | 我在Park高地 在公园那儿把他给丢了 |
[41:32] | MTA bus clipped the kerb and it knocked down a utility pole. | 公交车冲上人行道撞到了根电线杆 |
[41:35] | By the time I detoured, he slipped me. | 等我绕过去 他已经溜走了 |
[41:38] | Well, let me know. | 好 打给我 |
[41:42] | Big news. | 大消息 |
[41:44] | Bunk has a murder warrant on Chris Partlow. | Bunk有了Chris Partlow的谋杀逮捕令 |
[41:47] | – The hell you say. – Not one from the vacants. | – 说什么哪 – 不是空屋案 |
[41:50] | DNA match on an alley beating. | DNA和街边殴打致死案匹配 |
[41:51] | He lets this go now, these guys are gonna go to ground. | 他一动手 这帮家伙都会潜入地下 |
[41:54] | We’re right at the edge of something here. | 我们可是在要紧关头 |
[41:56] | He’s giving us a couple of days. | 他答应拖个几天 |
[41:58] | He owes me. I expedited his lab work for it. | 他欠我的 我帮他催了实验室报告 |
[42:01] | – And Omar Little? Stick up boy? – What about him? | – 还有Omar Little? 那个抢劫毒贩的? – 怎么了? |
[42:05] | Caught one in a Korean joint over westside. | 在西区一家韩国杂货店中枪 |
[42:07] | Bunk pulled that out of his pocket. Mean anything at all to us? | Bunk从他兜里找到的 对我们有用不? |
[42:10] | Looks like he was after Marlo’s crew. | 看来他是在追杀Marlo团伙啊 |
[42:13] | Cheese Cheese Wagstaff? Cheese. Cheese Wagstaff? | |
[42:19] | In addition to their corners, these guys are wholesaling all over town, | 除了站街角 他们还在全城做批发 |
[42:22] | so I figured Cheese was just one of many. | 我以为Cheese不过是一普通毒贩 |
[42:25] | The note reads like Omar had him under Marlo’s wing. | 从这条子看Omar认定他是Marlo亲信 |
[42:29] | A lieutenant, at least. Anyway, I gotta go, | 至少是个副手 我得走了 |
[42:33] | do more pretending for the rest of the city. | 为了咱市还得继续装样子 |
[42:35] | Oh, by the way, I – I told Greggs. | 对了 我告诉了Greggs |
[42:39] | McNulty, how many more people… | McNulty 你还要告诉多少人… |
[42:41] | She was about to jump into the serial murders. | 她真准备去办连环杀手案 |
[42:43] | – I couldn’t stand to spin her like that. – How’d she take it? | – 我不忍心看她瞎忙 – 她什么反应? |
[42:54] | 23-06 to any 23 sequence. Trying to reconnect with my subject. | 23-06呼叫23编组 正在重新定位目标 |
[42:58] | – Anyone who can assist? – 23-15 to 23-06. | – 有谁能帮忙的吗? – 23-15呼叫23-06 |
[43:01] | I’m in the 2800 block, Edgecombe Circle South, | 我在2800街区 南Edgecombe环路 |
[43:05] | sitting on the female subject. Maybe that’s the other end of your meet. | 盯着女性目标 可能你的人会前来此处 |
[43:07] | Edgecombe Circle? Where’s that 20? | Edgecombe环路? 那是哪儿? |
[43:10] | – It runs off Pall Mall. – Where’s Pall Mall? | – 就在Pall Mall往下 – Pall Mall在哪儿? |
[43:13] | – I’m not too good up in the northwest. – Between Pimlico… | – 我对西北区不太熟 – 就在Pimlico… |
[43:16] | Never mind, I got a map book. | 没关系 我查地图好了 |
[43:21] | OK, see what we got here. | 好 看看在哪儿 |
[43:24] | Map 34, grid E3. | 34号地图 E3区域 |
[43:44] | – Whaddya got? – What’d that last clock show? | – 有什么发现? – 最后那钟显示啥? |
[43:46] | And these people that I share the stage with tonight | 今晚与我同台的几位 |
[43:49] | are here as representatives of the hundreds, | 代表了数百位 |
[43:52] | no, the thousands of citizens without shelter, | 不 是数千位无家可归的市民 |
[43:55] | without protection, in this city tonight. | 今晚在城里 毫无保护 |
[43:59] | Why does this have to be? | 为何非要这样呢? |
[44:02] | Certainly, the last seven years | 显然 过去的七年 |
[44:03] | have not brought the same levels of federal commitment | 给美国城市带来的联邦福利 |
[44:06] | to American cities as from previous administrations. | 远远不及前几任政府 |
[44:11] | And certainly, our governor has in the last year placed severe restrictions | 当然 州长在过去的一年中严格限制了 |
[44:15] | on whatever stopgap state programs were in place. | 一些聊胜于无的州立项目 |
[44:19] | And what little remained of our so-called safety net was simply shredded, | 仅存下来的所谓安全网也已破败不堪 |
[44:24] | and more and more of our fellow citizens | 越来越多的同胞市民们 |
[44:26] | found themselves living life at the broken edges, in the street. | 发现自己置身于破碎的边缘 流浪街头 |
[44:30] | Well, I say that this is not only tragic, it is unforgivable! | 要我说这不仅是可悲 而是不可原谅! |
[44:35] | And I am here to say that no longer can these people | 我来此是想说 决不能让这些人 |
[44:38] | with whom I share this stage tonight be invisible, | 这些和我同台的人成为透明人 |
[44:41] | just as all of those without shelter in this city, | 就像本市所有无家可归人员 |
[44:45] | in this country, can no longer be invisible to us. | 包括全国 都不该是透明的 |
[44:48] | And it is regrettable that it has taken the actions | 很遗憾通过一名丧心病狂的犯罪者 |
[44:51] | of a remorseless predator to make us reflect. | 的所作所为我们才开始反思 |
[44:53] | But we in Baltimore have been tested, | 但我们巴尔的摩经受了考验 |
[44:56] | and we have been taught that all of our citizens | 我们懂得了所有的市民 |
[44:58] | deserve the full protection of the law, | 都应当享有法律的保护 |
[45:01] | and the full support of the community. | 都应当享有社区的支持 |
[45:05] | And we are saying to this senseless killer, | 我们警告这个冷血杀手 |
[45:07] | and to all the other ills that prey on those without shelter in our city, | 警告所有向本市流浪者伸出黑手的罪犯 |
[45:12] | not tonight can you prey on them. | 今晚你别想对他们下手 |
[45:14] | And not tomorrow. Not any longer. | 明天不行 永远不行 |
[45:19] | We will protect you! | 我们会保护你们的! |
[45:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[46:04] | She asked you keep that one stirred. | 她让你帮她搅拌着 |
[46:09] | You were on my thing, right? | 你是管我那事儿的吧? |
[46:12] | I guess I owe you a drink on that. What’s your poison? | 看来我该请你喝一杯 你喝什么? |
[46:14] | I’m OK, senator, thank you very much. | 不用了 议员先生 非常感谢 |
[46:18] | Obonda, huh? That’s a good one. | Obonda? 干得漂亮啊 |
[46:22] | You know, that was mostly my evidence you beat back there, right? | 你知道你推翻的大部分是我找的证据吧? |
[46:25] | – You think you could do that again? – Excuse me? | – 还有种再来一次吗? – 你说什么? |
[46:29] | Except this time, the jury’s a federal one. | 只不过这一次 陪审团换成联邦的 |
[46:31] | Say, nine white, three black. | 比如 9个白人 3个黑人 |
[46:35] | Time for you to tip on out, detective. | 你该结账走人了 警探 |
[46:41] | Bank records on that mortgage application | 几年前你购置Calvert县房产的 |
[46:43] | you made on the Calvert county property years back. | 贷款申请银行记录 |
[46:46] | Now, why don’t you take that back to Billy Murphy? | 你还是老实告诉Billy Murphy吧? |
[46:49] | Ask your attorney what you’re exposed to. | 问问你的律师该怎么办 |
[46:52] | At this point, this is just between us two gentlemen here, senator. | 目前此事就你知我知 参议员 |
[46:58] | And no one else till I make it so. | 除非我说出去没人知道 |
[47:00] | What? You tryin’ to sell a case back to me? | 什么? 你还想用这案子敲诈我? |
[47:04] | Motherfucker, if you don’t get… | 妈的 你要… |
[47:05] | I don’t get paid like that. | 我可不要这个钱 |
[47:07] | I get paid when I come back in a couple nights time with questions | 我领工资是为了过几天回来问你 |
[47:10] | and you, sir, have answers. | 你 先生 能给我老实回答 |
[47:12] | Or my next call will be to the US Attorney’s office, | 不然我下个电话就打给联邦检察官 |
[47:14] | and we will go again. But for real. | 咱们重新来过 这次玩真的 |
[47:18] | You can keep that copy. Ma’am. | 这份你拿着好了 |
[47:33] | Just to let you know, before the fireworks start, I’m spiking this lead. | 告诉你一下 不管怎样这段导语要删掉 |
[47:37] | – But you got my back? – As best I can. | – 你会挺我吧? – 尽量 |
[47:41] | Scott Scott | |
[47:56] | I’m spiking your lead. | 我要把你的导语删了 |
[48:00] | I’m not running a story about a public gathering, | 我可不能发一篇公共集会的报道 |
[48:03] | a candlelight vigil at City Hall, in fact, | 市政厅前的烛光悼念仪式 |
[48:05] | where the lead anecdote and quote is from an unnamed homeless woman. | 这导语和引言居然出自一个匿名流浪者 |
[48:09] | She doesn’t want to be known as homeless.I explained that. | 她不想让人知道她无家可归 我解释过了 |
[48:12] | Scott, there were hundreds of homeless down there tonight. | Scott 今晚那里有几百个流浪人员 |
[48:15] | People who voluntarily attended this event. | 大家都是自愿参加活动的 |
[48:18] | And I’d guess that any number of them would’ve let you put their names in the paper. | 我想没有人会不愿意 让你把名字登出来的吧 |
[48:22] | But her story is great. Look at that quote. | 但这故事多好啊 看她说的话 |
[48:25] | It’s a perfect quote. Best quote I could ever ask for. | 引言很好 简直太完美了 |
[48:27] | That’s my concern at this point. | 这正是我所担心的 |
[48:32] | Jesus Christ. | 老天啊 |
[48:34] | To hell with you if you think I made it up. | 你要是觉得是我编的 你可以去死了 |
[48:38] | We have a standard that we follow here. And I’m gonna follow it. | 我们有我们的规矩 我必须服从规矩 |
[49:10] | Here it comes, Gus. | 麻烦来了 Gus |
[49:12] | Yep. | 对 |
[49:21] | Gus, you’re retopping Scott’s vigil copy? | Gus 你要砍Scott守夜报道的开头? |
[49:24] | – I am. – But I thought… | – 没错 – 我觉得… |
[49:26] | Anonymous attribution in a public setting. There’s no need for it. | 公共集会中用匿名线索 没这个必要 |
[49:30] | – Gus, let’s discuss this. – Actually, I did discuss it | – Gus 大家讨论下 – 已经讨论过了 |
[49:33] | with the metro editor, and he agrees. | 和本市新闻主编讨论了 他也同意了 |
[49:35] | Now, the story’s on the copy desk, | 文章已经发到编辑部了 |
[49:37] | and as a line editor working this story, I feel I’ve done my job. | 作为一个文字编辑 我已经尽职了 |
[49:41] | Now, you as the M.E., if you want to go another way, | 你作为主编 如果想对着干 |
[49:45] | you pull the story back and re-edit. | 尽管把文章拿回来重新改 |
[49:47] | But we have a sourcing policy here, and I know it, | 但我们有引用政策 这我清楚 |
[49:49] | and I do not feel comfortable bending the rules in this instance. | 这种情况下我不想违背政策 |
[49:52] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[50:13] | Yeah? | 喂? |
[50:14] | McNulty, it’s Christeson. | McNulty 是Christeson |
[50:16] | Listen, my case is down an’ I wanted to thank you. | 我的案子搞定了 真要谢谢你 |
[50:19] | I couldn’t have done it otherwise. | 没了你还真不行 |
[50:21] | No problem. | 不客气 |
[50:36] | -It went great. – Kids asleep? | – 讲得很好啊 – 孩子们睡了? |
[50:39] | Yeah, but they saw you on W.B.A.L. | 嗯 不过他们从W.B.A.L台看你了 |
[50:41] | Anna said your hair looked funny. | Anna说你的头发看起来好滑稽 |
[50:43] | Well, just so long as she was impressed. | 能让她上心就好 |
[50:45] | C.N.N. Was there. | C.N.N也在场 |
[50:47] | I wonder if they’ll cycle any coverage through tonight. | 不知道今晚会不会重播 |
[50:49] | – A good day for hizzoner, huh? – I don’t know. | – 陛下今天状态不错呀? – 不好说 |
[50:52] | Nerese shook me down for a mayoral endorsement, | Nerese逼我力保她参选市长 |
[50:54] | and Clay Davis, back from the grave, | Clay Davis借尸还魂 |
[50:56] | took a couple of liquor board seats. | 夺走了酒管委两个席位 |
[50:58] | Just so as they won’t join in Upshaw’s war party in Prince George’s. | 好容易才肯不倒戈乔治王子县Upshaw的阵营 |
[51:02] | You’re gonna endorse Nerese? You told me you prefer Bond. | 你准备公开支持Nerese? 你不是说偏向Bond的嘛 |
[51:05] | I do, but this thing with Upshaw… | 是 但Upshaw这事儿… |
[51:09] | Shit, I might even have to give him a bump just to calm him down. | 说不定要送个大礼他才肯平息下来呢 |
[51:12] | God. What’s he asking? | 天 他想要什么? |
[51:14] | – There. Look. – What’s Upshaw asking? | – 有了 – Upshaw想要什么? |
[51:18] | Half of any extra school or anti-crime money | 我从立法机关拿给巴尔的摩市 |
[51:21] | I get outta the legislature for Baltimore would go to P.G. County. | 一半的教育或执法经费都要给乔治王子县 |
[51:24] | You take that deal and Baltimore’s out | 你要是同意 那你答应给巴尔的摩学校 |
[51:26] | half of what you want to bring back to the city schools. | 的钱就少了一半了啊 |
[51:28] | Yeah, but if I don’t win, Jen, I bring back exactly nothing. | 是 但是我不赢 就什么也拿不到了 |
[51:33] | Look. | 看 |
[51:34] | And we are saying to this senseless killer, | 我们警告这个冷血杀手 |
[51:37] | and to all the other ills… | 警告其他妄图… |
[51:49] | Go on. Straight to bed. | 去吧 快上床 |
[51:50] | Hey, kiddo. | 孩子 |
[51:55] | Where’d you go to? | 你去哪儿了? |
[51:57] | None of your business really, Jimmy. | 跟你没关系 Jimmy |
[52:00] | And next time, I’m not going anywhere. | 下次 我哪儿都不去了 |
[52:01] | Next time, you’re gonna be out on your ass, because that’s my fucking house. | 下次 你给我卷铺盖滚 这儿是我家 |
[52:13] | That’s police work, son. | 干得漂亮 孩子 |
[52:15] | I pull the A.D.C. Book to find a location, | 我拿出地图找一个地方 |
[52:17] | and I’m on the same page number as the second hand. | 发现和秒针指的数字是一样的 |
[52:20] | And I remember we had a lotta clocks with 34 seconds. | 我记得很多钟都是34秒 |
[52:23] | That’s the page for West Baltimore. | 这页是西巴尔的摩 |
[52:24] | Right. Now, the second hand is always the map page. | 对 既然知道秒针是地图页数 |
[52:28] | Longitude, A-through-K, is the hour, | 经度A到K 是时针 |
[52:31] | and for the latitude, they go by five-minute intervals. | 维度 他们用五分钟的间隔 |
[52:35] | Now they know the meeting spot in advance, | 他们事先商量好碰面地点 |
[52:37] | and they code it by the grid square. | 用密码标明地块 |
[52:40] | But if the clock has nothing to do with time, | 但那钟面要是和时间无关 |
[52:42] | how do they know when to meet? | 他们怎么知道何时见面呢? |
[52:50] | Everything’s less than a half hour of driving, even in traffic. | 每处都在半小时车程之内 算上堵车 |
[52:57] | My guess is that the standing logic | 我猜根据常理 |
[52:59] | is that they meet within an hour or so. | 就是隔一小时左右碰头 |
[53:08] | You know what else makes sense? | 还有什么你知道嘛? |
[53:12] | This clock face when no one was on the move? | 别人都不动的时候 |
[53:17] | The times are all at 35 seconds. | 秒针都指向35秒 |
[53:20] | And that’s the page for East Bawlmer. | 这页是东Bawlmer |
[53:23] | – Cheese – Cheese Wagstaff? – Cheese. – Cheese Wagstaff? | |
[53:32] | Marlo’s wholesaling westside through Monk, and eastside with Cheese. | Marlo在西区通过Monk批发 东边通过Cheese |
[53:36] | – He’s got the whole goddamn city. – How do we know it’s Cheese? | – 他把全市都拿下了 – 我们怎么知道是Cheese? |
[53:48] | You, too, huh? | 你也掺和进来了? |
[53:51] | You all are good with this? | 你们都觉得没什么吗? |
[53:53] | Kima Kima | |
[53:54] | Not me. | 我不同意 |
[54:01] | All the guys at the bar, Jimmy, all the girls, | 那些你的酒友 Jimmy 那些姑娘们 |
[54:05] | they don’t show up at your wake. | 他们不会来参加你的追悼会的 |
[54:07] | Not because they don’t like you | 不是他们不喜欢你 |
[54:09] | but because they never knew your last name. | 而是他们根本不知道你姓什么 |
[54:12] | A month later, someone tells ’em, “Oh, Jimmy died.” | 过了一个月 有人告诉他们 “哦 Jimmy死了” |
[54:15] | “Jimmy who?” “Jimmy the cop.” | “哪个Jimmy?” “那个警察Jimmy” |
[54:18] | “Oh,” they say. “Him.” | “哦”他们说”他啊” |
[54:22] | And all the people on the job, | 所有跟你一块儿工作的人 |
[54:24] | all the people you spent all those hours in the radio car with, | 跟你一起整天坐车巡逻的人 |
[54:27] | the guys with their feet up on their desk telling stories, | 他们只会把脚翘在台子上讲故事 |
[54:30] | who shorted you on the food runs, who signed your overtime slips. | 谁欠了你饭钱 谁签了你加班工资单 |
[54:34] | In the end, they’re not gonna be there either. | 但最后 他们也不会去的 |
[54:39] | Family. That’s it. Family, and if you’re lucky, | 家庭 只有家庭 如果你够幸运 |
[54:42] | one or two friends who are the same as family. | 一两个和家人一样的朋友 |
[54:47] | That’s all the best of us get. Everything else is just… | 这就是最好的结果了 其他都只是… |
[54:59] | There is no serial killer. | 没有连环杀手 |
[55:03] | There are no murders. I made it all up. | 没有谋杀 都是我编的 |
[55:11] | They were shutting us down. They were just… | 他们想停掉我们的调查 就这么… |
[55:15] | It’s hard to explain. | 我也说不清 |
[55:17] | I don’t even know where the anger comes from, I don’t know how to make it stop. | 我也不知道怎么就火了 我不知道该怎么停下来 |
[55:22] | They fucking task me, they do. | 他们把我逼急了 真的 |
[55:29] | We took the money from the bullshit investigation, | 我们把拨给我们调查的钱 |
[55:31] | and rerouted it to Lester. | 转给Lester |
[55:33] | Now he’s got the cake to take down Marlo Stanfield. | 现在他有资源拿下Marlo Stanfield了 |
[55:37] | And now that I’ve done all this, now that I’ve watched myself do it, | 现在我做了这些 看着我自己这么干 |
[55:41] | I can’t even stand to… | 我都看不下去… |
[55:47] | Lester says he’s close. | Lester说已经快了 |
[55:49] | Time will pass, and I’ll be able to shut this thing down. | 时间一到 我就能把这事结了 |
[55:55] | If you don’t go to jail. | 除非你能不进监狱 |
[56:03] | You had no fucking right. | 你无权这样做 |
[56:05] | – I know. – This is my life, too. | – 我知道 – 这也是我的生活 |
[56:10] | You start to tell the story; you think you’re the hero. | 一开始编故事 觉得自己是个英雄 |
[56:13] | And then,when you get done talking, you… | 等到能说的说完了 你就… |