时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | But if we… | 但如果我们… |
[00:34] | – But how can? – Jesus Christ. | – 但是怎么… – 老天 |
[00:38] | So this means that… | 这就是说 |
[00:43] | – But… – So no one killed any homeless men. | – 但是… – 这么说没有谁杀了什么流浪汉 |
[00:46] | No serial killer. | 没有什么连环杀手 |
[00:50] | Some were random killings, | 有些是随机的凶案 |
[00:51] | some were natural deaths that were likely manipulated. | 有些可能是自然死亡被伪造成谋杀 |
[00:54] | – But they’re not linked in any way. – But why? | 但彼此没有任何联系 为什么? |
[00:57] | The detectives used the money to fund a case against the drug traffickers responsible | 警探用利用资金调查一年前 |
[01:00] | for the slayings in the vacants a year ago. | 空屋屠杀的主谋毒贩 |
[01:02] | Last week’s arrests and seizures were a direct result. | 直接的结果 就是上周的大规模逮捕行动 |
[01:04] | So let me just understand this. | 我理理头绪… |
[01:10] | So I’ve been going out there for weeks, | 所以我几周来在外面嚷嚷 |
[01:13] | slamming the Governor for his neglect of the homeless | 抨击州长忽视流浪汉 |
[01:16] | and declaring how we will stop at nothing to find the person responsible | 声称我们会不惜一切代价抓到 |
[01:17] | for preying on the homeless and all the while… | 那个残杀流浪汉的凶手 但其实… |
[01:20] | Hey, Norman, this is my ass here. | Norman 这可是我的烂摊子呢 |
[01:23] | That’s true, boss. | 那是啊 老大 |
[01:25] | But it does have a certain charm to it. | 但还真是挺好玩的 |
[01:28] | They manufactured an issue to get paid, | 他们捏造事件拿钱 |
[01:30] | we manufactured an issue to get you elected governor. | 我们捏造事件让你能选上州长 |
[01:34] | Everybody’s getting what they need behind some make-believe. | 大家靠着捏造的事实各取所需 |
[01:38] | The detectives involved will be suspended and ultimately fired, at the least. | 涉案的警探会被停职 最后至少会被解雇 |
[01:42] | Beyond that, a criminal prosecution on fraud and perjury charges is probable. | 除此之外 可能还会有欺诈和伪证的刑事起诉 |
[01:46] | You’re saying we call a press conference and we say, | 那又怎样 你是说我们开个新闻发布会 |
[01:48] | “By the way, all that stuff about homeless people getting killed | 跟人说”对了,流浪汉凶杀案的一切” |
[01:51] | “and the Governor cutting the safety net, and… | 还有”州长削弱了安全网络” |
[01:53] | “us doing everything in our power to catch the guy, | 还有我们所谓”不惜一切代价抓住凶手” |
[01:57] | – “guess what, the joke’s on us?” – Not to mention that the evidence | “你们猜怎样 都是我们自作孽” 更不必说 |
[02:01] | against the traffickers arrested last week is tainted. | 上周毒贩逮捕行动证据有问题 |
[02:04] | That case could collapse as well. | 也可能立不了案 |
[02:06] | I don’t fucking believe this. | 真他妈不敢相信 |
[02:10] | You two are on point here. | 你俩给我盯紧了 |
[02:11] | Word of this gets down to Annapolis, the Governor’s gonna wreck me with it. | 这话要是传到安纳波利斯州长会把我往死里整 |
[02:14] | And if it comes to that, you guys drop on your swords, so help me. | 到那时 你们也得走人 我发誓 |
[02:17] | How does word not get out once we suspend the detectives? | 我们把警探停职外面怎么会没有风言风语 |
[02:22] | Never mind sending it to the grand jury for a criminal case? | 更别说到大陪审团那儿提起刑事诉讼了 |
[02:25] | The cops that did this, they gotta go. You cannot be telling me I have to live with this. | 犯下这事的警探必须走人 你不是想说我还得容忍吧 |
[02:30] | Deputy, Counselor… | 副局长 律师… |
[02:33] | if you two will excuse us, we are going to discuss this first | 不好意思 我们首先得把这事 |
[02:35] | as a matter of public policy. | 作为一个行政问题进行讨论 |
[02:37] | Until we can reason the best way to address this, | 在我们找出一个最好的解决办法前 |
[02:39] | do nothing and speak to no one about any of this. | 不要轻举妄动也别跟任何人提起 |
[02:43] | If this becomes public in the wrong way, | 如果此事被不适当地公开 |
[02:46] | a lot of people who were legally responsible for the situation, | 一大票对此事负有法律责任的人 |
[02:49] | good people who were, nonetheless, in a supervisory role here… | 有监督之职的善良的人… |
[02:53] | are going to suffer. | 都没好日子过 |
[02:55] | And that’s not the outcome that anyone wants. | 谁都不想弄到这步田地 |
[02:59] | What Mike is saying is that we need to be very careful about how to proceed. | Mike的意思是我们必须谨慎处理 |
[03:13] | I wish I was still at the newspaper so I could write on this mess. | 真希望我还在报社 那我就可以写这新闻了 |
[03:18] | It’s too fucking good. | 太他妈精彩了 |
[05:11] | Lester. What brings you down? | – Lester – 什么风把你吹到这儿来了 |
[05:14] | We don’t have anything scheduled from you today, I don’t think… | 今天好像没有你的预约啊 |
[05:23] | 40,000 from the Showboat on the boardwalk. | 在木板路的Showboat酒店输了4万 |
[05:26] | 26 at the Borgata. | 在Borgata输了2万6千 |
[05:30] | 80 over the last year at the Taj Mahal | 去年在泰姬陵酒店输了8万… |
[05:32] | and that’s just the Atlantic City casinos. | 这还只是在大西洋城的赌场里输的 |
[05:35] | I like to play. So what? | 我喜欢赌博 那又怎样 |
[05:37] | You lost three times your salary over the last two years. | 你过去两年输了三倍于你薪水的金额 |
[05:42] | I ran you through Sentinel Title and came back with seven pages of liens | 我在Sentinel Title查了你 找到7页的抵押合同(经营产权保险和抵押) |
[05:46] | and a third mortgage you folded on two months ago. | 和一份你两个月前办的第三顺位抵押 |
[05:50] | Gary, you’re done. | Gary 你完了 |
[05:53] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[05:54] | We found sealed grand jury papers in the houses of drug dealers | 我们在毒贩的屋里找到了 密封的大陪审团文件 |
[05:57] | and we’ve got people naming you on it. | 也有人作证是从你这儿来的 |
[06:02] | You have a problem, Gary. | 你有麻烦了 Gary |
[06:05] | But you have friends in this courthouse, lifelong friends. | 但你在法院里有朋友 终身不渝的朋友 |
[06:09] | Cop to the problem, give up the names of those that bought from you. | 直面问题吧 把收买你的人供出来 |
[06:14] | Disbarred? Yeah, no doubt. | 取消律师资格? 肯定的 |
[06:16] | But you play it clean from this moment on | 但你从此清白了 |
[06:19] | and we both know you’ll probably walk. | 我们都心知肚明 你很可能逃脱惩罚 |
[06:24] | – Why did you look at me? – I ran the finances | 你为什么会盯上我 我查了过去两年 |
[06:26] | on everyone who worked this unit over the last couple years. | 每个在这单位工作的人财政状况 |
[06:29] | You were the only bogie. If the S.A.O. Weren’t so screwed up, | 只有你有问题 如果地检不是一团乱麻 |
[06:32] | they’d have been running background checks as a routine. | 本该循例做这种背景调查的 |
[06:34] | But I guess you knew that. | 不过我猜你也知道 |
[06:37] | I always wondered if they’d get their shit together. | 我总琢磨着他们究竟能不能查出来 |
[06:41] | But that’s Baltimore, isn’t it? | 不过这就是巴尔的摩 不是么 |
[06:46] | So what happens now? | 现在怎么办 |
[06:48] | Well, for starters… | 首先… |
[06:55] | you’re gonna make a phone call. | 打个电话 |
[06:59] | McNulty Freamon Sydnor McNulty, Freamon, Sydnor… | |
[07:02] | Any one who has the smell of this on them should be gone. | 掺和这事的都得走人 |
[07:05] | Before the close of business, they should be suspended | 在工作完成前 他们就得停职 |
[07:07] | and, before the end of the week, indicted. | 这周之内提起诉讼 |
[07:09] | – I know, but… – But what? | – 我知道 但… – 但什么 |
[07:11] | We’re gonna let this shit stand because it’ll hurt Carcetti to air it out? | 传出去会有损Carcetti的利益 所以我们就听之任之? |
[07:14] | Instead of cleaning house like we need to, he’s up there figuring out how to hide the dirt. | 他不是像我们一样要清理门户 而是想着怎么藏污纳垢 |
[07:18] | I got a mind to call the Governor myself and just let it fly. | 我发誓 我会亲自给州长打电话 任这事传出去 |
[07:21] | – Cedric, you can’t. – Why not? | – Cedric 不能这样 – 为什么 |
[07:23] | If I let this thing stand, I might as well just roll over and play deaf | 如果我不作出处理以后面对知道这事的警探 |
[07:26] | for every police who knows about this. | 就都得睁一只眼闭一只眼 |
[07:31] | – We cover this up… – Cedric, you can’t do anything. | – 我们隐瞒这事… – Cedric 你不能做什么 |
[07:35] | Those are your detectives. | 那些是你的手下 |
[07:36] | They need someone to blame, they will measure you for it. | 他们要找人背黑锅 就会找你… |
[07:39] | I don’t give a fuck. | 我他妈不在乎 |
[07:44] | And they’ll fire me. | 他们还会炒了我 |
[07:50] | You heard Steintorf. | 你听到Steintorf的话了… |
[07:55] | I was in charge of this thing. | 这案子是我负责的 |
[07:56] | I was on that wiretap. | 窃听是我争取来的… |
[08:01] | This is my career. This is everything. | 这事关我的职业生涯 我的一切 |
[08:08] | You go public and it hurts Carcetti. | 你公开这事损害了Carcetti |
[08:13] | Maybe he doesn’t get to be governor but he is still the Mayor, | 也许他当不了州长 但他还是市长 |
[08:18] | and Bond is still my boss, | Bond也还是我上司 |
[08:20] | and you know the weight will not fall on them. | 你知道最终倒霉的不会是他们 |
[08:22] | – It never does. – Christ. | – 从来不会 – 老天 |
[08:27] | Everything I worked for, all those years in that courthouse… | 这么多年来 我在法院里一直埋头苦干 |
[08:37] | Please. | 求你了 |
[08:42] | 25 cents. Baltimore Sun. | 25美分 “巴尔的摩太阳报” |
[08:45] | Sir, Baltimore Sun. One quarter. | – 先生 “巴尔的摩太阳报” 25美分 – 来一份 |
[08:49] | – Keep it. – Thank you, sir. Thank you. | – 别找了 – 谢谢 先生 谢谢 |
[08:57] | People tip pretty good, don’t they? | 小费都给得不少嘛 |
[09:00] | “…paying him for what he had done to us. | 他的所作所为让我们痛心 |
[09:02] | “I’m sorry for him, man, really, | 我为他感到遗憾 真的 |
[09:04] | “but I still can’t let him come up from the basement.” | 但我还是不能让他离开地下室住上来 |
[09:10] | – You gonna put all that in the paper? – That’s the plan. | 你要登到报纸上吗 我是这么想的 |
[09:15] | Even the parts about Sherrod? | Sherrod那部分也要吗 |
[09:17] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[09:22] | – What good is a story like that? – Like what? | 这故事… 这故事有什么好登的 -什么故事 |
[09:26] | Like me, Sherrod. Gettin’ high. Not gettin’ high. | 我 Sherrod 嗑药 不嗑药 |
[09:28] | My sister, all that shit in there. | 我妹妹 纸上写那些 |
[09:30] | What good do any of that do to put it in the newspaper? | 登上报纸有什么用 |
[09:32] | People read it, they think about it. Maybe see things different. | 读者会看到 会思考 也许会有不一样的感触 |
[09:36] | I don’t know, man. | 我可不觉得 伙计 |
[09:37] | Bubs, you don’t want me to do this, I won’t do it. | Bubs 你不让我登 我就不登 |
[09:43] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:46] | Baltimore Sun. A little bit of sun. Sun paper. | “巴尔的摩太阳报” 来点阳光吧 太阳报 |
[09:49] | Look, Rupert, go public with this thing if you want | 听着 Rupert 你想的话可以公开此事 |
[09:52] | but your shop is gonna come out looking worse for letting it happen in the first place. | 但你的部门首当其冲 一开始是你们让此事发生 |
[09:55] | The better move is to shut it down quietly | 最好是把这事压下来 |
[09:57] | and then deal with those responsible through back channels. | 再暗中处理责任人 |
[10:00] | We’ll bury these guys softly and in a hole so deep | 我们安静地把他们整治了 这么深的坑 |
[10:03] | no one will ever get close to digging them up. | 没人会想着挖出来 |
[10:09] | I can see that. | 我懂 |
[10:11] | Commissioner, do you agree? | 局长 你同意吗 |
[10:15] | Well, it is a little more problematic for me. | 对我来说有点麻烦 |
[10:18] | The offenders are in my shop, are they not? | 责任人在我的部门里 不是吗 |
[10:23] | Can I have a word with you in private, Bill? | 我私下跟你聊两句行吗 Bill? |
[10:28] | Hey, if Rawls isn’t in, I’m not either. | 如果Rawls不干 我也不干 |
[10:31] | I wouldn’t worry about Bill Rawls. | 我不担心Bill Rawls |
[10:33] | I believe he’s about to have one of those road to Damascus moments. | 我看 他现在可等到了人生重大转折呢…. |
[10:40] | I can see what you’re thinking in there. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[10:42] | I can see the gears grinding in that head of yours. | 我知道你的如意算盘 |
[10:48] | You’re thinking, “Hey, I might have some wood on Carcetti here. | 你在想 嘿 我可以给Carcetti设些障碍 |
[10:52] | “There’s no way they can pin the blame on me for this fiasco | 毕竟这事他们如果不整治小弟Daniels |
[10:54] | “without doing their boy Daniels, too.” You’re thinking we’d have to fire Daniels | 就更怪不到我头上了 你想着我们要炒你 就得先炒掉Daniels |
[10:59] | to fire you and that wouldn’t sit well, given how much we’ve already sold Daniels. | 而鉴于我们那么卖力地推销Daniels 再炒掉他就太不值了 |
[11:02] | Isn’t that what you’re thinking? | 你是不是这样想的 |
[11:04] | You’re telling yourself maybe there’s a way for you to leverage this, | 所以你想浑水摸鱼 |
[11:07] | to get yourself a full term as commissioner, | 让自己当满一届任期的局长 |
[11:09] | to delay Daniels a few more years in exchange for you shutting the fuck up | 让Daniels迟几年上台 作为交换你管好自己的嘴 |
[11:13] | and doing what you’re told. | 照我们说的做 |
[11:15] | And you know what, Bill? You’re not far off. | 你知道吗 Bill? 你也不是太异想天开 |
[11:17] | You do have a little leverage here but just a little. | 你是可以浑水摸鱼 不过就摸那么一两条 |
[11:20] | I wouldn’t overplay your hand. | 我不会坏了你的好事 |
[11:23] | How would you play it? | 那你想怎么玩 |
[11:24] | I’d shut the fuck up and wait your turn | 我会闭上嘴等你行动 |
[11:26] | and, when Tommy gets to the statehouse, he brings you with him | 等Tommy当了州长 他就让你 |
[11:29] | to be State Police Superintendent. | 跟着他做州局长 |
[11:31] | Because while you may be a shade too white | 因为你当巴尔的摩的局长 |
[11:35] | to run the Baltimore department, | 毕竟白了点 |
[11:37] | you’re just about right for the M.S.P. | 当州局长就刚刚好了 |
[11:44] | – I have your word? – And I have yours. | – 说好了? – 说好了 |
[11:57] | Back channel is the way to go. | 就后台操作吧 |
[11:59] | See? The Police Commissioner done fell off his ass. | 看吧 警察局长想通了 |
[12:09] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[12:13] | I need to see Mr. Prezbo. | 我想见Prezbo先生 |
[12:16] | Someone will come down. | 会有人下来 |
[12:38] | – Are you a student here? – Ms. Donnelly, it’s me, Duquan. | – 你是这儿的学生吗 – Donnelly女士 是我 Duquan |
[12:43] | It’s good to see you but you’re not a student here | 很高兴见到你 Duquan 但你不是这儿的学生了 |
[12:46] | so I can’t let you inside. | 我不能让你进去 |
[12:48] | I just came past to see Mr. Prezbo. | 我只是顺道来看看Prezbo先生 |
[12:50] | Well, he’s teaching right now. | 他现在在上课呢 |
[12:52] | I know. I can wait. | 我知道 我等着就好 |
[12:55] | You’re gonna have to stay outside. | 那你得待在外面 |
[12:57] | After the bell, I’ll tell Mr. Pryzbylewski you’re out here for him, OK? | 打下课铃后 我会告诉Pryzbylewski先生你等着见他 行吗 |
[13:11] | I’m going to surprise you with something. | 我要给你个惊喜 |
[13:14] | You already have. | 你已经给过了 |
[13:16] | I got a tip from an informant about a leak out of the grand jury unit. | 我从线人那儿 获得了大陪审团泄密的情报 |
[13:20] | Sad to say it’s checked out. | 不幸的是已经确认了 |
[13:22] | – We know about the leak. – But do you know who it is? | – 我们知道有人泄密 – 对 但你知道是谁吗 |
[13:26] | Gary Dipasquale Gary diPasquale. | |
[13:28] | Decent enough guy but he’s got a bear of a gambling problem | 正派人啊 就是好赌 |
[13:31] | and a bank of drug lawyers who are willing to pay for their look-sees. | 况且还有一票毒贩律师排着队给他送钱 |
[13:34] | Troy Sanders Marvin Bronfman Troy Sanders, Marvin Bronfman, | |
[13:37] | Dennis Cray Sid Silverstein Dennis Cray, Sid Silverstein. | |
[13:40] | And the pick of the litter? Maurice Levy. | 名单上最重要的一个 Maurice Levy |
[13:45] | I kid you not. | 不骗你 |
[13:47] | Gary is their leak? | – Gary泄的密? – 他当场就招了 |
[13:48] | He broke right away. He was ready to give it up. Needed to. | 准备好坦白了 他想这样 |
[13:53] | One-party consent call implicating Maury Levy. | 一方同意录音的电话 表明Maury Levy有牵连 |
[13:58] | – Where’s Gary now? – He went up to the second floor | -Gary人呢 -他去了二楼 |
[14:00] | to hand in his letter of resignation and went home to wait for the sword to drop. | 提交辞职信 接着回家等待处罚 |
[14:03] | He’s OK, he’s better than you’d think. | 他没事 比你想的要好 |
[14:08] | You know, if we can turn Levy and some of these other drug lawyers, | 知道吗 如果我们能让Levy招供 还有其他的毒贩律师 |
[14:13] | we can route the drug money all over town. | 我们就能查明全城的涉毒资金流向 |
[14:17] | It’s sad business, I know, | 这是个可悲的工作 我知道 |
[14:19] | but at least we know the truth now, right? | 但至少现在我们知道真相了 对吧 |
[14:22] | The truth, you say? | 你说真相? |
[14:33] | Duquan, hello. | – 嗨 – 你好 Duquan |
[14:35] | Snatch-pops. | – 当心咯 – 嘿 |
[14:36] | Damien. You lost your mind? | Damien 你疯了吗 |
[14:39] | – But I said snatch-pops. – I don’t care. | – 但我说了当心了 – 我不管你说了什么 |
[14:40] | You’re gonna buy him a new sandwich, | 你得买个三明治给他 |
[14:42] | and past that, you’re gonna ask Mr. Williams for a broom | 然后你要进去向Williams先生 |
[14:45] | to clean that up, you understand? | 借个扫帚把这里清理干净 懂吗 |
[14:46] | Right now or you’re mine for another week of detention. | – 但P先生… – 马上 Damien 否则我就再罚你放学后留堂一周 |
[14:50] | I don’t want to hear another word. | 我不想再听到你辩解什么了 |
[14:55] | It looks like you got the hang of it. | 看样子你掌握到窍门了 |
[14:58] | What’s up with you? | 你最近怎么样 Duquan? |
[15:00] | Ain’t nothing. | 老样子 |
[15:03] | You still at Southwestern? | 你还在西南区? |
[15:04] | Well, I’m, like, needing a semester off, you know? | 我需要休学一学期 |
[15:09] | I’m outdoors now. | 我现在无家可归 |
[15:12] | And… | 还有… |
[15:14] | I was hoping maybe I could get with you | 我想也许我能找你 |
[15:18] | and borrow some money, so I can get a place and some clean clothes | 借些钱我就能找个地方 买些干净的衣服 |
[15:21] | and get myself settled so I can go back to school. | 让自己安顿下来 这样我就能回学校了 |
[15:25] | You’re on the street? | 你现在流浪街头? |
[15:27] | I got people ready to give me a really good place | 有人愿意提供我一个很不错的地方 |
[15:29] | if I can come up with some money for it. | 如果我能付些钱的话 |
[15:36] | How much do you need? | 要多少 |
[15:37] | Couple of hundred. | 两百块吧 |
[15:39] | But if you could go one fifty more, | 如果你能多给我50 |
[15:41] | I can enrol in the G.E.D. Program down B.C.C.C., | 我就能报名巴尔的摩社区大学的一般教育发展考试 |
[15:45] | then I could get my G.E.D. Without having to go back to Southwestern. | 那我不用回西南区就能 参加一般教育发展考试了 |
[15:48] | Then I can get my work permit. | 然后我就能获得工作许可 |
[15:51] | I don’t think you’re eligible for a G.E.D. Program | 我想你还在上高中的年纪 |
[15:54] | if you’re still of age to attend high school. | 不符合参加考试的条件 Duquan |
[15:58] | Yeah, you are. | 可以的 |
[16:02] | I’ll tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[16:03] | Give me a couple minutes, I’ll drive you down there. | 等我几分钟 我载你过去 |
[16:06] | If you are eligible, I’ll write a check right to the bursar’s office. | 如果你可以参加考试 我就开张支票当场给那儿的会计 |
[16:10] | No, Mr. P., you ain’t got to go through all that. | 不用了 P先生 你没必要事事亲为 |
[16:12] | Besides, I ain’t got the time to go down there today. | 再说我今天也没空过去 |
[16:15] | But, you know, I’m gonna. | 但你知道 我一定会去的 |
[16:19] | I can do it, if that’s what you want. | 我可以给你 Duquan 如果你想的话 |
[16:24] | And I don’t even care about the money. | 钱我不在乎 |
[16:26] | But understand I’m gonna go down to B.C.C.C. In a few days | 不过你要知道我过几天会去社区大学看看 |
[16:30] | and find out if you’re enrolled. | 看你有没有报名 |
[16:33] | And if you are, I’m gonna say, “Great. | 如果你报名了 我得说 |
[16:35] | “Duquan can come past with his certificate when he gets it, | “太好了 Duquan通过了就能拿到执照” |
[16:38] | “and we’re still friends. | “我们还是朋友 |
[16:40] | “And he can still rely on me.” | 他还可以依靠我” |
[16:43] | But if you aren’t enrolled, then… | 但如果你没报名… |
[16:47] | Well, I imagine I’m not gonna see you again, am I? | 我想我就再也见不到你了 对吧 |
[16:50] | No, Mr. P. | 不会的 P先生 |
[16:53] | I’m definitely gonna enroll. | 我绝对会报名的 |
[16:55] | You’ll see. | 走着瞧吧 |
[17:00] | I’ll get my stuff. I’ll meet you in the lot | 我去取东西 停车场见 |
[17:03] | and we’ll go find a bank machine. | 我们去找个取款机 |
[17:11] | Jay, all I’m saying is we’ve run down all the leads we had, | Jay 我要说的就是该查的我们都查了 |
[17:13] | all the office reports are in and, at this point, | 报告都在这了 这个时候 |
[17:16] | barring any new developments, I don’t need all this fucking manpower. | 除非有新的发展 我不需要这些个人力资源了 |
[17:19] | Fuck me, Jimmy. Last week you were crying | 操 Jimmy 上周你还哭爹喊娘 |
[17:21] | for every swinging dick you could get your hands on. | 要找所有你能找到的人力 |
[17:23] | The case has gone quiet. There’s no red ribbons, | 案子沉寂了 没有红丝带 没有尸体 |
[17:26] | no bodies, no disappearances.Not a fucking word on the cellphone. | 没有失踪了 电话他妈的也不响了 |
[17:29] | This thing’s useless. | 这些玩意都没用了 |
[17:30] | You don’t want the wiretap either, now? | 怎么 你现在连监听也不用了? |
[17:32] | The judge gave us 60 days. Once that runs out, then… | 法官给了我们60天 等到期了 那就… |
[17:36] | Motherfucker, you were the one who was all semper fi for this serial killer | 混账 相信有连环杀手的人就是你 |
[17:39] | and now you’re fuckin’ the dog. | 你他妈现在又不认了 |
[17:40] | I’m ready to work the case. | Jay 我已经在办这个案子了 |
[17:43] | But short of any new leads, what the fuck do you want me to do? | 但没有新线索和进展 你还想让我怎么办 |
[17:46] | I can’t make shit up, can I? | 总不能编吧 |
[17:50] | It is what it is. | 该怎样就是怎样 |
[17:52] | If I send the surveillance teams back, | 如果我把监视小队打发走 Jimmy |
[17:54] | don’t come crying for more manpower tomorrow, you hear? | 明天别来哭着跟我要人 听见了吗 |
[17:59] | Shit is like a war, ain’t it? | 就像一场战争 不是吗 |
[18:00] | Easy to get in, hell to get out. | 进去容易 出来就难了 |
[18:22] | Pearlman knows everything. Daniels, too. They figured it out. | Pearlman都知道了 Daniels也是 他们察觉出来了 |
[18:26] | – How? – I don’t know. | – 怎么会啊 – 不知道 |
[18:30] | – Jesus. What are they? – I don’t know. | 老天 他们…-不知道 |
[18:33] | She made it clear there are not to be any further homeless killings. | 她说得明明白白不能再有流浪汉谋杀 |
[18:37] | Nothing more on this case whatsoever. | 这案子不能再有任何动静 |
[18:39] | – Does she know about Marlo, that our case? – She knows everything. Daniels knows. | 她是否知道Marlo 我们的案子…-她什么都知道 Daniels也知道 |
[18:45] | They went to the E.C.U., dialed up the wiretap number | 他们去了证物管理科 拨了监听的电话号码 |
[18:47] | and up pops Marlo’s cellphone. | Marlo的手机响了 |
[18:50] | Why aren’t we fired? Why aren’t we in fucking bracelets? | 那我们怎么还没被炒 为什么还没戴上手铐 |
[18:53] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[18:55] | Oh shit, Lester. | 靠 Lester |
[18:58] | We gotta get outta here. We gotta think this thing through. | 我们得脱身 把事情理顺 |
[19:02] | Jesus fucking Christ. | 老天 |
[19:03] | Look, meet me down at Kavanagh’s in ten minutes, all right? | 十分钟后在Kavanaugh酒吧见 行吗 |
[19:17] | Jimmy? Jimmy? | |
[19:41] | How much? | 多少 |
[19:49] | 200.Damn, boy. | – 200 – 靠 伙计 |
[19:51] | Teacher must love your black ass.C’mon with it. | 老师肯定很喜欢你 走吧 |
[19:55] | They gonna put out testers up on Poplar Grove. | 他们会把测试器放在白桦林里 |
[19:58] | We gonna be late for it. | 我们要迟到了 |
[20:10] | C’mon, boy. | 驾 孩子 驾 |
[20:31] | Deputy. | 副局长… |
[20:55] | To be continued. | 没完 |
[21:01] | – Fuck, fuck, fucking fuck. – What’s the matter? | – 操 操 操 操 – 怎么了 |
[21:04] | Cottage cheese for lunch again there, Carl? | 午餐又是农家奶酪 Carl? |
[21:09] | Just because it happened doesn’t mean it’s news. | 发生了不代表是新闻 |
[21:13] | There’s always a salmonella outbreak somewhere. | 总有某个地方会爆发沙门氏菌 |
[21:16] | I don’t see why we have to cover this one… | 我看不出有什么必要报道这个… |
[21:18] | What’s the first rule of rewrite, Spry? | 改稿的首要原则是什么 Spry? |
[21:21] | Shoot it down. | 推倒重来 |
[21:24] | Did you read this? | 你看了吗 |
[21:26] | We are crediting our own coverage | 我们要把报道 |
[21:29] | with changing the Governor’s mind? | 寄希望于州长改变主意吗? |
[21:32] | I’m already to the jump | 我已经读到结语了 |
[21:33] | and there’s not a quote from anyone | 还没看到任何人 |
[21:35] | crediting us with anything of the sort. | 对此作出的确切的说法 |
[21:37] | The guv is restoring funding, all right. | 嗯 州长是要恢复专款了 |
[21:39] | That’s ’cause Carcetti’s been beating the shit out of him on this issue. | 因为Carcetti在这个问题上 狠咬了他一口 |
[21:43] | We’re just an afterthought. | 我们只是事后诸葛亮 |
[21:44] | Whiting can smell the public service Pulitzer? | Whiting快拿下公共服务普利策奖了吧 |
[21:47] | – Seems so. – You get a chance yet? | -大概吧 -你看了吗 |
[21:49] | Yeah, yeah. I read it. | 嗯 嗯 看了 |
[21:51] | And? | 怎么样 |
[21:55] | Beautiful. | 很不错 |
[21:57] | No, no, no. I mean it. | 不 不 我说真的 |
[21:58] | You got some real Joe Mitchell stuff on the page there. | 你把人物刻画得很深刻 |
[22:01] | Really makes me feel like I know this guy and his world. | 让我觉得自己了解这个人和他的世界 |
[22:04] | You just pulled it all through the keyhole. | 你成功地管窥全豹 |
[22:06] | Thanks, Gus. | 谢谢夸奖 Gus |
[22:07] | We get some good art, I’m gonna push for the Sunday front. | 好文章啊 我会放到周日的头版 |
[22:10] | Well, I gotta make sure the guy is good with it. | 其实呢 我还得征得他本人同意 |
[22:13] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[22:14] | The part of the story about the kid bothers him. | 关于那孩子的那部分还是让他很困扰 |
[22:15] | When he told me about it, he was just talking… | 当他跟我谈起的时候 只是说个不停… |
[22:18] | You told him you were writing about him? | 你告诉过他你会写他的故事了吧 |
[22:19] | I know, but… I’m putting the guy’s life out there. | 我知道 但…我们是把人家的人生公之于众 |
[22:22] | I wanna feel clean about it. You know what I’m sayin’? | 我只想一切明明白白的 你知道我什么意思吧 |
[22:25] | I remember clean. | 我就记得明明白白了 |
[22:29] | Obviously, they’re not in a hurry to go public ’cause we ain’t cuffed. | 我们还没锒铛入狱 显然他们不急于公之于众 |
[22:33] | They’re pretending on this case like we’re pretending. Why? | 他们像我们一样继续假装查案 为什么? |
[22:38] | Carcetti. He’s exposed on this. | Carcetti 他会被推上风口浪尖 |
[22:41] | How? Just blame it all on us, on the department. | 怎么会 把责任推到我们和警局头上就好 |
[22:45] | To kill us, they’d have to kill Rawls, Daniels | 干掉我们 他们就得干掉Rawls Daniels |
[22:47] | and half the chain of command. And he made those guys. | 和半数的指挥系统 他提拔了他们 |
[22:49] | It’s his police department. | 这是他的警局 |
[22:51] | So he opens himself up right when he’s out there, running for governor. | 要传出去他就是在竞选州长的时候 自毁长城 |
[22:56] | So they want us to do what? Run it down quietly? That’s no problem. | 那他们想让我们怎么做 悄悄地把这个案子整没了?我没意见啊 |
[22:59] | Six months from now, after the election, | 六个月内 竞选后 |
[23:01] | they might decide to open up and grand jury us. | 他们可能会公开 并把我们送审 |
[23:04] | We could still go to jail and, if not, | 我们还是可能进监狱 就算不会 |
[23:07] | I expect to be back in the pawn shop unit and you are gonna ride the boat. | 我估计也得被扔会证管科了 而你 伙计 又得开你的船去了 |
[23:10] | So what? It was worth it. | 那又怎样 那也值了 |
[23:14] | Wasn’t it? | 是吗 |
[23:16] | Depends. | 看情况了 |
[23:18] | Are they gonna let the case against Marlo and his people stand, | 在知道了真相后 他们还愿不愿给 |
[23:21] | knowing what they know? | Marlo 和他手下的案子立案 |
[23:22] | Why wouldn’t they? It still works on the seizures and cellphones. | 为什么不呢 逮捕和电话窃听依然有效 |
[23:25] | – It works without the illegal tap. – Yeah, it does. | 咱也没有非法窃听 是啊 |
[23:28] | And they made a big deal about dropping Marlo. | 再说抓住Marlo 他们也大张旗鼓了一番 |
[23:31] | They called that press conference and linked him to all the bodies. | 召开了新闻发布会说他是空屋谋杀案的主谋 |
[23:34] | For them to drop the case now… | 现在放弃这案子… |
[23:36] | You know, you think about it, | 你想想… |
[23:39] | we’ve got almost as much on them as they do on us. | 我们是互相拽着小辫子 |
[23:44] | That Tom Wolfe wannabe | 那个想自己成Tom Wolfe(著名记者)的家伙 |
[23:45] | thinks he’s gonna get a phrase like that past me? | 觉得这句话我能给他通过吗 |
[23:48] | No fuckin’ way, motherfucker. | 去他的 混球 |
[23:56] | It’s like a sweater with the threads hanging off. | 好比一件露出线头的毛衣 |
[23:59] | Pull any thread… | 随便扯一根线头… |
[24:01] | Mostly exaggerations and too-perfect quotes, | 多数是夸张和太过完美的引用 |
[24:04] | sometimes on the record. | 有些是公开宣布的 |
[24:05] | I called some of them back, | 我给其中一些人打了电话 |
[24:08] | asked if they really said those things. | 问他们是不是真说过那些话 |
[24:11] | You know what the city housing commissioner told me | 你知道房管局局长 |
[24:13] | about the quotes in the flipping story? | – 对报道里提到的话是怎么说的吗 – 嗯? |
[24:15] | He wished he’d said some of them but that he’d never been that smart in his life. | 他希望是他说的 但他这辈子就没这么聪明过 |
[24:20] | Someone takes the time to… | 要是有人花点时间… |
[24:22] | re-report this stuff, it’ll get ugly. | 重新报道 事情就大条了 |
[24:25] | What’re you gonna do? | 你准备怎么办 |
[24:27] | I don’t know, Robert. I don’t know. | 不知道 Robert 我不知道 |
[24:31] | Keep my name out of it. | 别把我扯进去 |
[24:43] | No bail. | 不准保释 |
[24:45] | They’re claiming a propensity for violence and witness intimidation at the bail review, | 他们在保释审查里 宣称你有暴力倾向 恐吓证人 |
[24:49] | trying to have you held as the kingpin. | 把你作为主要嫌疑人扣着 |
[24:50] | – They can do that? – They can try. | -他们可以这么做吗 -可以尝试 |
[24:53] | Depends on which judge they draw. | 看他们抽到哪个法官了 |
[24:56] | So they ain’t got no bail for Chris, right? I mean, he got the murder one. | 那Chris也不准保释咯?他背着谋杀逮捕令呢 |
[24:59] | Monk neither. | 还有Monk |
[25:01] | Too much weight in his car and he’s on parole from the ’04 charge. | 他车里货太多了 又在04年指控的假释期 |
[25:04] | Best I could do was spring Mr. Wagstaff on 300,000. | 我能做的只有用30万保释Wagstaff先生 |
[25:07] | – He show that kind of money? – Put up his uncle’s house | -他有那么多钱吗 -他叔叔的房子 |
[25:08] | on surety bond for a third of it. Bondsman is fronting the rest on a fake lien. | 抵价三分之一的保释金 担保人用一份假的留置权抵偿其余的部分 |
[25:14] | Right now, the important thing is not bail, the important thing is this… | 现在重点不是保释 重要的是… |
[25:19] | I need you to tell me who else knew your clock code. | 你得告诉我还有谁知道你的钟点密码 |
[25:22] | I told you. | 我说过了 |
[25:24] | Me, Cheese, Monk, Chris | 我 Cheese Monk Chris |
[25:28] | – and the supply. That’s it. | 还有供货的 就这些了 |
[25:30] | – No one else? -No one else even had my cell number, except you. | -没别人了? -除了你 其他人甚至连我手机号都没有 |
[25:37] | What? | 干嘛 |
[25:40] | – There’s a lie in here somewhere. – I ain’t lying. | -某处有人撒谎 -我没骗你 |
[25:42] | I don’t mean you. | 不是说你 |
[25:44] | Look, the police say the source told them | 你看 警察说那天 |
[25:46] | that you were re-upping on the day | 有线人报告你们在补货 |
[25:48] | and word of that might have slipped out. That’s possible. | 这类消息是会传出去的 这有可能 |
[25:51] | If you were wholesaling all over town… | 我是说 毕竟你是给整个城市做批发… |
[25:53] | They only grab your cells when they arrest you and then they have to go get warrants | 但他们逮捕你时只搜走了你的手机 接着他们需要法庭授权 |
[25:57] | before they can look at the photos on the phones. | 才能查看你手机上的图片 |
[26:00] | And it’s only when they get to the photos | 只有他们拿到了图片 |
[26:02] | and break the code that they have enough | 破译了密码 |
[26:04] | to type a charging document for you or Chris, right? | 才能起诉你和Chris 对吧 |
[26:07] | I mean, you aren’t caught with drugs. | 我的意思是 你被捕时并没有携带毒品 |
[26:10] | But they had the arrest warrants on both of you within a couple hours. | 但他们在几小时内 就拿来了你和Chris的逮捕令 |
[26:15] | Which means that they broke the code almost instantly, | 也就是说他们几乎是立刻破解了密码 |
[26:18] | no time at all. | 一秒都不耽误 |
[26:20] | They wiretapped me. | 他们窃听我 |
[26:22] | My investigator thinks so. | 我的调查员是这么想的 |
[26:25] | But he doesn’t know for sure which unit ran the tap or who manned it. | 但他说他不清楚是哪个单位干的 谁派的人 |
[26:30] | It doesn’t add up. | 不对劲 |
[26:39] | You gettin’ out. | 你可以出去了 |
[26:41] | You ain’t. | 你没戏 |
[26:44] | You hit the streets, you round up as much muscle as possible and get that boy. | 到街头去 尽可能调集人手 抓住那小子 |
[26:49] | He did Snoop ’cause he knew we was on him. | 他知道我要对付他 所以他杀了Snoop |
[26:51] | He knew we was on him ’cause he the one talked about the re-up. | 他知道我要找他麻烦 因为补货的事是他泄露出去的 |
[26:57] | Get your shit together, man. | 都收拾好 |
[26:59] | The bondsman came in with Levy. | 担保人会跟Levy一块儿过来 |
[27:02] | A’ight. I’m on it. | 行 我就去准备 |
[27:15] | Man, you got a dollar? | 伙计 有一块钱吗 |
[27:19] | C’mon. | 给点吧 |
[27:45] | Pal. | 嘿 伙计 |
[27:47] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[27:49] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[27:51] | Pal, you all right? | 你还好吧 |
[27:54] | OK, here it comes, | 它来了… |
[27:57] | the dreaded crab claw. | 死亡之蟹爪 |
[28:01] | You know what happens when crab claw goes… | 你们知道蟹爪出现意味着什么… |
[28:05] | – It’s all crab tonight… – No crab claw! | – 糟糕了… – 不许用蟹爪! |
[28:07] | Yes, crab claw! | 就要 蟹爪! |
[28:09] | Yeah! Crab claw does it again. Six! | 蟹爪又做到了 6点! |
[28:13] | Six and I’m out… | 6点 我不玩了… |
[28:18] | Yeah. | 喂? |
[28:21] | Where? | 在哪 |
[28:23] | You’re fucking kidding me. | 开玩笑吧 |
[28:25] | It’s more bull… | 更扯淡了… |
[28:27] | It’s bogus, Jay. I’m telling you… | 我告诉你 Jay 那是假的… |
[28:34] | OK. | 好吧 |
[28:37] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[28:40] | I have to keep running the string out. I’ve no choice. | 做戏得做全套 没办法 |
[28:43] | You said the bosses know. | 你说上面的人都知道了 |
[28:45] | Some do, some don’t. The ones that do want us to keep pretending. | 有些知道 有些不知道 知道的那些也要我们装下去 |
[28:50] | We stop pretending, then… | 我们不装了 那就… |
[28:54] | Listen, we’ll finish this tomorrow night, OK? | 我们明晚再玩好吗 |
[28:58] | I’ll see you in a bit. | 回见 |
[29:10] | What do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[29:14] | I mean, puttin’ my shit in the streets? | 让我那些破事成为街谈巷议 |
[29:20] | Well, it’s you. | 是你嘛 |
[29:22] | He’s got you. | 他抓得很准 |
[29:24] | Yeah, well. | 这个嘛… |
[29:26] | I mean he’s got what you’re about. | 我是说他把你看得很透 |
[29:28] | The guy likes you, that shows through. | 他喜欢你 字里行间就能看出来 |
[29:31] | I mean, you know, he’s saying this giving back that you’re doing, | 你看 他说你的现在的回馈社会 |
[29:35] | he’s putting that up against Sherrod. | 是因为Sherrod |
[29:38] | He ain’t lettin’ you off the hook for shit | 他不能让你摆脱困境… |
[29:40] | but he’s just puttin’ it all out there. | 只是把一切如实登出来 |
[29:43] | You know, the good and the bad. | 好的 坏的 |
[29:45] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[29:49] | The bad don’t bother me to have out there. | 坏的传出去也没什么 |
[29:51] | Shit, I know the bad. I ain’t lyin’ to no one about the bad. | 那些龌龊事我不会瞒着谁 |
[29:56] | Scared of somebody callin’ you good? | 怕别人说你是个好人? |
[30:01] | A lot of folks volunteer places. A lot of folks share at meetings. | 很多人在社区里做志愿者 很多人在互助会上分享自己的经历 |
[30:04] | Plenty of motherfuckers wake up every day and not get high. | 早起没嗑药的人多得是 |
[30:07] | Man makin’ me sound special for doin’ what the fuck I need to be doin’. | 他让我看起来很特殊 但我只是做我该做的事 |
[30:15] | Read it. | 读读吧 臭小子 |
[30:25] | “You can hold back from the suffering of the world, | “你可以逃避这世上的痛苦” |
[30:28] | “you have free permission to do so | “这是你的自由” |
[30:30] | “and it is in accordance with your nature. | “也与你的天性相符” |
[30:33] | “But perhaps this very holding back | “但或许你唯一能逃避的” |
[30:35] | “is the one suffering you could have avoided.” | “只是这逃避本身” |
[30:39] | Fran-zee Kafka. | 弗兰兹 卡夫卡 |
[30:41] | Who’s he? | 谁啊 |
[30:43] | Some writer. | 某个作家 |
[30:45] | You read his books? | 你读过他的书? |
[30:47] | Fuck no. But you remember Flubber? | 操 没有 你记得Flubber吗 |
[30:51] | He handed that to me the night that he had me start leading | 他让我领导圣马丁互助会那晚 |
[30:54] | the Saint Martin meeting. | 他递给我的 |
[30:57] | I kept it ever since. | 从那以后我就一直带着 |
[31:00] | What it mean to you? | 对你有什么意义 |
[31:06] | You want these? | 你还要吗 |
[31:08] | Yeah, my man say he need it back and not to make any copies. | 嗯 他说他要收回去 也别复制 |
[31:13] | He say he ain’t supposed to show it to me before it goes in the paper. | 他说这个刊登前本来不该给我看的 |
[31:17] | I mean, if I let him. | 我是说 如果我让他登的话 |
[31:18] | You gonna? | 你让他登吗 |
[31:24] | Thanks for the crabs. | 谢谢你的螃蟹了 |
[31:31] | Gray van. | 灰色货车? |
[31:34] | – You get the tag? – I couldn’t see it from where I was. | -看得见标志吗 -那个距离我看不见 |
[31:37] | Describe the driver. | 描述一下驾驶者 |
[31:39] | White. Six foot. | 白人 6尺 |
[31:41] | Not heavy, not skinny either. | 不胖不瘦 |
[31:44] | Clothes? | 穿着呢 |
[31:45] | Nothing I noticed. Kinda nondescript. | 没注意 说不上来 |
[31:47] | Nondescript? | 说不上来? |
[31:49] | I was surprised, I guess. I just thought, “Whoa, what’s he doing?” | 我想当时有点吓到了 我就想 哇哦 他干嘛呢 |
[31:53] | – Funny it being you to see this. – It’s weird. | -真有趣 居然是你目击到事发 -诡异 |
[31:55] | If an interview doesn’t run late, I’m not even here tonight. | 要不是有个采访耽误了时间我今晚就不会在这了 |
[31:59] | You mind if I get inside? I gotta check in with my desk. | 我能进去了吗 我要去报到 |
[32:02] | You need anything else, you got my number. | 还有什么问题可以打我电话 |
[32:04] | Yeah. | 行 |
[32:11] | That guy’s an asshole. | 那家伙是个混球 |
[32:12] | This smokehound can’t remember a thing. | 这个瘾君子什么都想不起来了 |
[32:15] | Only motherfucker he remembers messing with him | 他唯一记得的瞎摆弄他的混球 |
[32:17] | is the fella that found him. | 就是发现他的人 |
[32:18] | Whatever happened before that is anyone’s guess. | 之前发生了什么天知道 |
[32:22] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[32:24] | Someone try to kidnap you, drag you into a van? | 有人要绑架你?把你拉进货车里? |
[32:28] | – OK. – Who was trying to hurt you? | -好吧 – 有人想伤害你吗 |
[32:31] | My father. But he was a drunk. | -我爸 但他喝醉了 |
[32:33] | Detective, there’s a vagrant over here says he saw something. | 警探 这边有个流浪汉 他说他看见了什么 |
[32:40] | What did you see, fella? | 你看见了什么 伙计 |
[32:48] | McNulty? McNulty? | |
[32:51] | – Johnny Weaver. Tactical. – Fuck you. Why didn’t you say so? | -Johnny Weaver 机动队的 -靠 你干嘛不早说 |
[32:54] | J.W. Tryin’ to keep your cover? | JW 要掩饰身份吧? |
[32:56] | It’s better if everyone here thinks I’m one of the regulars. | 还是让这儿的人认为 我是常驻的比较好不是吗 |
[32:59] | Anyway, what’s the ruckus with Petey? | Petey惹上什么事了 |
[33:01] | – The drunk? – Yeah. | – 那个醉汉? – 对 |
[33:04] | Sun reporter says he’s going into his building, | 太阳报的记者说他正要上楼 |
[33:06] | he sees a guy trying to drag him into a gray van. | 看见一个人要把他拽进灰色货车里 |
[33:09] | – It’s bullshit, right? – Yeah. Petey was laying there 45 minutes | -胡扯吧 -嗯 那混蛋停车之前 |
[33:13] | before that preppy cocksucker even parks his car. | Petey已经在这儿躺了45分钟了 |
[33:16] | – Thanks. – No problem. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[33:17] | Gimme a dollar, make it look right. | 给我一块钱 别让人起疑了 |
[33:22] | Thank you, Jimmy. | 谢了 Johnny |
[33:26] | What about the reporter? You could charge false statement, you know. | 那记者怎么办 可以起诉他伪证罪的 |
[33:31] | You lock up every liar, there’s no room in B.D.C. For anyone else, right? | 每个骗子你都抓的话拘留所里就关不了其他人了 |
[33:35] | More trouble than it’s worth. | 得不偿失 |
[33:38] | Jay, it’s horseshit. I’m going home. | Jay 假的 我回家了 |
[33:40] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[34:22] | Brought home some crabs. | 我带了些螃蟹 |
[34:24] | I already made dinner. | 我已经做了晚餐了 |
[34:26] | Put ’em in the fridge. Cold for lunch tomorrow, if you like. | 放冰箱里吧 你愿意的话明天当午餐吧 |
[34:29] | I can’t eat ’em all. | 我吃不完 |
[34:43] | We don’t run this shit, especially not off the front. | 我们不能登这个 尤其不能上头版 |
[34:45] | – I saw what I saw. – Alma is on the phone with police P. I.O. | -我亲眼看见的 -Alma跟警方新闻发言人谈过了 |
[34:50] | And they are telling us on the record and off | 无论是正式的和私下的 |
[34:52] | that they are discounting any report of a possible abduction. | 他们不信任何疑似绑架的报案 |
[34:55] | That doesn’t mean they’re doing their job, and it doesn’t mean we… | 那有可能 可能是他们没有尽职- 那也不意味着我们不能… |
[34:58] | Our job is to report the news, not to manufacture it. | 我们的职责是报道新闻而不是捏造新闻 |
[35:01] | Fuck you, Gus. | 去你的 Gus |
[35:04] | Nice. | 好极了 |
[35:13] | I know they’re jealous of how much play his stories get but the truth is… | 我知道他们都嫉妒他的报道取得的成功 – 但事实是… |
[35:16] | We cannot run this shit. | – 我们不能报道这事 |
[35:19] | Are you suggesting that Scott made any of this up? | 你是暗示这都是Scott编的? |
[35:25] | You ever notice that the guys who do that, | 你看那些作出这种事的人… |
[35:28] | the Blairs, the Glasses, the Kelleys, | Blairs Glass Kelley之流 |
[35:30] | they always start with something small, | 一开始都是些小事 |
[35:32] | just a little quote that they clean up. And then it’s a whole anecdote, | 先是一两句编造的引言 接着 是整个故事 |
[35:36] | and, pretty soon, they’re seeing some amazing shit. | 很快 他们就见证奇迹了 |
[35:39] | They’re the lucky ones who just happen to be standing | 他们会很幸运的碰巧 在特拉维夫站对了地方 |
[35:42] | on the right street corner in Tel Aviv when the pizza joint blows up | 披萨连锁店正好爆炸了 |
[35:46] | and the human head rolls down the street with the eyes still blinking. | 人头滚落到街上 眼睛还眨呀眨的 |
[35:48] | The pictures were sent to him. The police have confirmed… | – 是有人给他发的照片 – 但警方已经确认… |
[35:51] | It always starts with something true, | -开始总是一切真实的 |
[35:55] | something confirmed. | 可确认的东西 |
[35:57] | But then you’ve got a son of a bitch | 但接着就会有个狗娘养的 |
[35:59] | who just happens to be walking in the Guilford entrance | 在神秘的灰色货车来到时 |
[36:01] | when the mysterious gray van comes… | – 刚好经过Guilford入口 – Gus |
[36:03] | Gus, this has gotten personal between you and Scott | 你和Scott开始互相针对了 |
[36:07] | and it’s affecting your judgment. | 这影响了你的判断 |
[36:09] | I’m moving the story through the state desk. | 我要把这条新闻移交给州新闻编辑 |
[36:12] | You should go home, think this through. | 你回家吧 想想清楚 |
[36:15] | We’ll talk in the morning. | 我们明早再谈 |
[36:25] | Maybe you win a Pulitzer with this stuff | 也许你会靠这事拿个普利策奖 |
[36:29] | and maybe you gotta give it back. | 也许你拿了还要把奖还回去 |
[36:33] | It’s in my notes, Gus. Everything that happened, | 都在我本子上 Gus 发生的一切 |
[36:35] | everything that guy said when I got to him. | 我面对他时他说的每一句话 |
[36:37] | Every last word is in my notes. | 每一句都在我本子上 |
[37:02] | Home earlier than I thought. | 比我想的要早回家嘛 |
[37:04] | Yeah. Home. | 嗯 回来了 |
[37:21] | – He hit again. – Who did? | – 他又杀人了 – 谁 |
[37:24] | The serial killer. | 连环杀手 |
[37:26] | Get a grip, motherfucker. | 滚你的吧 混蛋 |
[37:28] | You don’t believe me? Check out his left wrist. | 你不信 自己瞧瞧他左手腕吧 |
[37:37] | You fuckin’ with me again, Bunk? | 又耍我 Bunk? |
[37:41] | Copycat. | 模仿犯 |
[37:43] | Call McNulty. Get him down here. | 给McNulty打电话 叫他过来 |
[37:52] | Ronnie Ronnie | |
[37:53] | Maury Maury | |
[37:54] | Been going over the charging documents on the Partlow-Stanfield drug arrests. | 我看了Partlow-Stanfield的贩毒罪诉状 |
[37:58] | – Problematic to say the least. – How so? | -少说也有些问题 -是吗 |
[38:02] | They grab the phones and, minutes later, | 他们搜出手机 几分钟后 |
[38:03] | they’ve cracked an elaborate code that implicates everyone. | 他们就破解了精心设计的 涉及整个组织的密码 |
[38:07] | No one’s that brilliant, | 没人这么聪明 |
[38:09] | not at the B.P.D., anyway. | 至少巴尔的摩警局没这种牛人 |
[38:12] | You don’t know Lester Freamon. | 你不认识Lester Freamon |
[38:13] | I know what I know. | 我知道的 |
[38:15] | And this feels to me like an illegal wiretap. | 这让我感觉到你们非法窃听 |
[38:19] | Your guys were on those phones, tracking my clients | 你们守着电话 追踪着他们 |
[38:21] | – long before they went near any drugs. – Untrue. | -早在我委托人还没靠近毒品前就 -非也 |
[38:25] | We get into discovery and I’m going to have no problem | 等到了证据开释阶段 |
[38:27] | knocking down that bullshit about a source of information. | 我要击破线人情报的狗屁毫无难度 |
[38:31] | And my sources around here tell me that, with all the budget cutbacks, | 而我这里的情报来源告诉我 在预算裁减的情况下 |
[38:35] | the only wiretap you all have had up this year | 今年你们能用作窃听的 |
[38:37] | has been on the homeless killer thing. | 只有流浪汉谋杀案名目下的资源 |
[38:40] | Whatever else you’re running is illegal. | 你们挪作他用是违法的 |
[38:43] | Sources? | 情报来源? |
[38:45] | Title threes are supposed to be secret. | 监听应该是保密的 Maury |
[38:48] | Are you saying you have a source of information inside the courthouse? | 你是说你在法院里有情报来源吗 |
[38:52] | It’s a figure of speech. | 只是个比喻的说法 |
[38:55] | What I’m saying is that there’s shit in the blood of your case, | 我要说的是你的案子里有猫腻 |
[38:58] | and, if you wait until this goes past indictments, | 如果你就这么起诉 |
[39:01] | I’m gonna run wild with it. | 我会用它大开杀戒的 |
[39:04] | We should talk. | 我们该谈谈 |
[39:06] | Out of court. | 庭外谈 |
[39:11] | Fuck me. | 操蛋 |
[39:14] | Is it enough? Do you have enough? | 够了吗 你掌握的够了吗 |
[39:17] | It has to be. It should be. | 肯定够了 必须够了 |
[39:19] | You can’t look at everything that Robert found, | 你看了这些Robert的发现 |
[39:22] | at the pattern, and not see what this fucking guy’s about. | 不可能看不出那臭小子是什么人 |
[39:25] | You know that. I know that. | 你知 我知 |
[39:28] | What, you don’t think so? | 你为什么不这么想 |
[39:30] | I think that if you do this, | 我觉得 如果你这么干了 |
[39:32] | these son of a bitches will do you. | 那些狗娘养的会整死你 |
[39:35] | Come. | 进来 |
[39:37] | Sorry. There’s been another homeless murder. | 打扰了 又发生了一起流浪汉谋杀案 |
[39:39] | South Baltimore. | 南巴尔的摩 |
[39:43] | Careful, Gus. | 当心点 Gus |
[39:45] | I can’t protect you. | 我保不了你 |
[39:58] | – No fucking way. – Dead for a while. | -不可能 -死了有一会儿了 |
[40:01] | And I can assume, Jimmy, from the fact that the ribbon ain’t red | 照我看…Jimmy 丝带不是红色的 |
[40:04] | and the fact that you don’t need another body because Marlo is locked up… | Marlo被捕 你也不需要再来一具尸体了 |
[40:07] | – I got nothing to do with this. – Wonderful. We’ve eliminated one suspect. | – 这跟我无关 – 太好了 我们排除了一个疑犯 |
[40:12] | You see what you started here? | 看见你都干了什么好事了吗 |
[40:13] | The bosses are gonna toss it back to you. No doubt. | 老大们会把这案子交给你的 肯定的 |
[40:16] | – The bosses know it’s bullshit. – What? | – 老大们知道是我们造假了 – 什么 |
[40:19] | – Daniels knows. Pearlman, too. – How the fuck you? | – Daniels知道了 Pearlman也知道 – 你他妈怎么… |
[40:25] | – How much longer does this… – Can you give us a minute? | – 多久了… – 让我们私下聊会儿? |
[40:27] | You turning the world upside down with your bullshit. | 你搞的鬼弄得天翻地覆 |
[40:30] | – How are you not in jail? – I don’t know. | – 怎么你还没进号子 – 不知道 |
[40:32] | The lie’s so big, people can live with it. | 谎撒得太大了 大到人们可以接受 |
[40:34] | Jesus fucking Christ, Jimmy. I told you. I fuckin’ told you it was going to come to this. | 娘的 Jimmy 我早说过 我他妈早告诉过你会到今天这步田地 |
[40:41] | You played with fire, didn’t you? And now we’re all getting burned… | 你在玩火 对吗 会把我们都烧死… |
[40:46] | …reporting live from South Baltimore, where police have found the body | …南巴尔的摩实况报道 警方在这里又发现了一具 |
[40:49] | of what appears to be another homeless man. | 疑似流浪汉的尸体 |
[40:52] | This one killed and left in a vacant lot… | 被杀害并抛弃在一个空屋停车场… |
[40:55] | …short while ago have refused so far… | 不久之前 |
[40:57] | Did somebody not get the message? | 有人没懂我的话吗 |
[41:38] | You’re not killing them yourself, McNulty, at least assure me of that. | 至少告诉我 McNulty 那些人不是你杀的吧 |
[41:46] | And the one you disappeared? | 那个你弄失踪的人呢 |
[41:48] | He’s OK, last I checked. | 他没事 就我所知 |
[41:51] | Good. That’s a start, I guess. | 很好 这是个好的开始 |
[41:55] | – I thought you got a message. – Copycat. | – 我以为你已经收到消息了呢 – 模仿犯 |
[41:59] | I got nothing on this one. | 这事不是我干的 |
[42:02] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[42:03] | How did you do it? How did you get ’em by the medical examiner? | 你怎么办到的 你怎么骗过法医的 |
[42:06] | Some were real and I just linked ’em with the ribbons. | 有些是真的 我只是给他们绑上丝带 |
[42:10] | Some I juked as strangle jobs. | 有些我做出些像被勒死的痕迹 |
[42:14] | – If it matters, I know now… – Fuck what you know now. | – 我现在知道事情大条了… – 去你的现在知道了 |
[42:17] | This was all for money, McNulty? You couldn’t live without the O. T? | 都是为了钱 McNulty? 没加班费你就活不了了? |
[42:22] | The Stanfield case. It was that. | 是为了Stanfield案 |
[42:25] | I know where it went, but you got paid, too. | 我知道钱的去向 但你也得付出代价 |
[42:28] | You and Freamon and maybe a dozen other guys. | 你和Freamon 也许还有其他一票人 |
[42:31] | It wasn’t about the money. | 不是因为钱 |
[42:42] | Down the road, when we settle on this, | 等我们把事情摆平了 |
[42:44] | and we will settle on this, | 放心 我们会摆平的 |
[42:46] | I don’t expect any of you will ever see another hour of O.T. Again. | 你们别再想有哪怕一个小时的加班费 |
[42:50] | I don’t expect any of you will be doing police work ever again. | 我也不指望你们能做好警务工作了 |
[42:54] | And the only reason this isn’t before a grand jury right now | 你们之所以还没被送到大陪审团面前 |
[42:57] | is because our mayor can’t live with that. | 仅仅是因为市长无法容忍此事曝光 |
[43:00] | Oh, yeah. The Mayor knows your name. | 没错 市长知道你的大名了 |
[43:03] | So this is your last case. Work it. | 这是你最后一个案子了 办好它 |
[43:08] | If you’re half the detective you think you are, | 如果你有你想象的一半那么好 |
[43:10] | you’ll put this one down fast and take us all off the hook. | 就快点把这案子结了 让我们摆脱困境 |
[43:13] | The longer this goes on, | 拖得越久 |
[43:15] | the worse the payback’s gonna be. | 你死得越难看 |
[43:35] | But what does he really know? | 他究竟知道多少 |
[43:37] | What he knows now isn’t half of what he’ll learn when we get to discovery. | 他现在知道的 还不到证据开释时将要知道的一半 |
[43:41] | They won’t be able to produce a credible source of information. | 他们弄不出一个可靠的线人 |
[43:44] | They don’t have to if it’s not a registered C. I. A source is only… | 不是登记在案的线人就没必要上庭 – 线人只有… |
[43:48] | If he can raise doubts in a judge’s mind, | 如果他激起法官的疑虑 |
[43:50] | we could be compelled to reveal our source. | 我们可能要被迫亮出我们的情报来源 |
[43:52] | At that point, we’re giving up the wiretap. | 那时 我们就得承认窃听 |
[43:54] | And he gets the paperwork from the phone company. | 而他会拿到电话公司的文件 |
[43:57] | Which has Stanfield’s number on it. | 上面有Stanfield的号码 |
[43:59] | God. | 老天 |
[44:02] | The only thing we can do is barter. | 我们只能进行司法交易 |
[44:05] | Then barter. This can’t go to court. | 那就交易吧 事情不能在法庭公开 |
[44:07] | We do have some leverage. | 我们还有些手段 |
[44:09] | What? | 什么 |
[44:12] | Let’s just say Mr. Levy has problems of his own to deal with. | 这么说吧 Levy先生还有些自己的问题 |
[44:17] | Make this go away… | 搞定这事… |
[44:20] | and the Mayor will not forget that you did so. | 市长不会忘记你们的贡献的 |
[44:24] | Nor will I. | 我也不会 |
[44:28] | Jimmy, ass up an’ help us with this. | Jimmy 别坐着 过来帮忙 |
[44:32] | Shit is funky. | 臭死了 |
[44:38] | – We should take this into the box. – Where’s the pocket contents? | – 应该拿到审讯室里的 – 口袋里的东西在哪 |
[44:42] | We have questions about the reported kidnapping… | 那个报道的绑架存疑… |
[44:46] | – Those two bags there. – Yes, ma’am. | – 那两袋 – 是的 女士 |
[44:50] | Well, that would seem to be the newspaper’s problem. | 那该是报纸的问题 |
[44:54] | I get another fucking call about a gray van, | 要是我再接到一通灰色货车的报警电话 |
[44:56] | I’m burning that fucking newspaper building to the ground. | 我非把报纸大楼夷为平地不可 |
[45:01] | What? | 怎么 |
[45:06] | Your homeless guy from days ago, what was in his pockets? | 几天前那个流浪汉口袋里有什么 |
[45:09] | – Bullshit. – You got business cards? | – 狗屎 – 名片你还有吗 |
[45:12] | Yeah, but every card has an alibi. | 但名片上的人都有不在场证明 |
[45:14] | – Let me see. – I thought we were done with this. | – 我看看 – 不是已经看过了吗 |
[45:27] | So, where you going with this? | 你要干嘛 |
[45:31] | – I think it’s down. – Motherfucker, you ain’t that good. | – 案子破了 – 你哪有那么犀利 |
[45:36] | McNulty, what’s up with this? | McNulty 怎么回事 |
[45:42] | You OK, Gus? | 没事吧 Gus? |
[45:46] | Yeah, I’m good. | 没事 |
[45:57] | What? | 干嘛 |
[46:01] | Alma, what’s up? | Alma 什么事 |
[46:05] | – It’s empty. – What’s empty? | – 空白的 – 什么空白的 |
[46:07] | The pad he waved at you, saying it was all filled with notes. | 他向你挥的便签纸 说上面记满了东西 |
[46:12] | It’s empty. Every page. | 是空白的 每一页都是 |
[46:16] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[46:38] | What the fuck is that about? | 发生什么事了 |
[46:50] | Alma, TV has police on a sweep of the homeless | Alma 电视里警方在扫荡 |
[46:52] | under Hanover street. | Hanover街的流浪汉 |
[47:02] | I’ll get right to the point. | 我有话直说了 |
[47:04] | Please do. | 请吧 |
[47:07] | – Maury,hey. -Hey. | – Maury 嗨 – 嗨 |
[47:10] | – You have Stanfield, right? He’s your client? – Yeah, him and his people. | -你替Stanfield辩护是吧 他是你委托人? -对 他和他手下 |
[47:13] | I have some stuff, straight from the grand jury | 我手头有些资料 刚从大陪审团那儿拿到 |
[47:15] | that you’re gonna wanna see sooner rather than later. | 你会想尽快看到 |
[47:18] | – Is this a title three case? – You’ll find it interesting, I promise. | – 是监听的案子吗 – 你会喜欢的 我保证 |
[47:21] | – All right. When can you meet? – Tomorrow, after work. Same money, right? | – 好吧 什么时候见面 – 明天 下班后 老价钱 对吧 |
[47:24] | – Yeah, the money’s the same. – Good. | – 嗯 老价钱 – 很好 |
[47:30] | We can grand jury Gary diPasquale tomorrow, | 我们可以明天把Gary DiPasquale 交给大陪审团 |
[47:33] | along with that one-party consent call. | 附上单方同意的窃听材料 |
[47:36] | Or… | 或者… |
[47:38] | here’s the deal. | 我们做笔交易 |
[47:40] | No court trials. | 不经庭审 |
[47:42] | Partlow pleads to all of the bodies in the vacants and takes life, no parole. | Partlow承认所有空屋谋杀案 终身监禁 不得假释 |
[47:47] | We’d want the second shooter, too, but Pearson’s beyond that now. | 我们还想找到第二名凶手 但Pearson已经挂了 |
[47:50] | Metcalf and Wagstaff plead to possession with intent. | Metcalf和Wagstaff认故意持有毒品 |
[47:54] | Stanfield takes ten years on conspiracy. | Stanfield认同谋罪 判10年 |
[47:58] | You’re blackmailing an officer of the court. | 你在勒索一个法庭工作人员 |
[48:01] | The moment you came in here and offered that quid pro quo, | 你进来谈条件那一刻 |
[48:04] | you were guilty of obstruction of justice. | 你就犯了妨碍司法公正的罪 |
[48:07] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[48:09] | I could get six to eight years. | 我可能会被判6到8年 |
[48:13] | And for bribery of a state’s attorney and the violation of grand jury secrecy, | 而你因贿赂州检查官员 与破坏大陪审团保密条例 |
[48:18] | you could see ten to twelve. | 会被判10到12年 |
[48:21] | I’ll be out a couple years before you. | 我会比你早几年出狱 |
[48:24] | You come home, first round’s on me, I guess. | 你回家第一轮酒就由我请你吧 |
[48:27] | So you’ll let me walk to keep this case out of open court? | 这么说你宁可放过我 也不想让案子在法庭上公开咯? |
[48:31] | That file must be dirty as hell. | 那一定是黑幕重重啊 |
[48:34] | The conspiracy charge on Stanfield falls without the cellphones | 没了手机作为证据 |
[48:37] | and you and I both know that if someone does some digging, | 你我都知道如果深入挖掘一番 |
[48:39] | they’re gonna find an illegal wiretap and you’re gonna lose the phones. | 非法窃听就会浮出水面 那电话证据也没用了 |
[48:43] | Everhart, 274, | Everhart对州政府 |
[48:45] | Maryland 459, Ceccolini, 435, | Ceccolini对联邦政府 |
[48:49] | US, 268. US, 268. | |
[48:53] | Lying cops don’t automatically kill a case. | 说谎的警察毁不掉一个案子 |
[48:55] | But that’s a lot of risk on appeal. | 但是上诉有很大风险 |
[48:59] | And a lot of dirt for your office to show. | 况且还有那么多见不得人的事 |
[49:02] | No. You’re scared of the light. | 不 你们怕见光 |
[49:06] | Partlow takes his chances on the legit murder charge only. | Partlow可以赌一把 只应付那起合法途径结案的谋杀起诉 |
[49:10] | The conspiracy count goes and Stanfield and the rest walk. | 同谋罪没戏 Stanfield和其他人也能脱身 |
[49:14] | Stanfield walks | Stanfield可以无罪 |
[49:16] | but the case goes on the stet docket, not dismissed outright. | 不过案子只是暂时压下 并不撤销 |
[49:20] | And, although I can tell you there are people in this city | 我可以告诉你 市里有人 |
[49:23] | who can’t tolerate a scandal at this particular moment, | 在这个关键时刻不能忍受丑闻 |
[49:25] | that dynamic changes after November. | 不过11月之后就不同了 |
[49:27] | – The elections. – After November, | -竞选 -11月之后 |
[49:30] | no one is going to care as much about showing dirt. | 谁也不在乎让事情见光 |
[49:34] | If Carcetti wins, he’s in Annapolis. | Carcetti要是赢了 他就在安纳波利斯了 |
[49:36] | If he loses, he’s an incumbent mayor who can take a hit or two. | 如果他输了 也还是现任市长 背一两件骂名也没什么 |
[49:39] | So tell Mr. Stanfield that this is his only window. | 转告Stanfield先生 这是他唯一的机会 |
[49:44] | Partlow pleads to all the murders | Partlow承认所有的谋杀罪名 |
[49:47] | and both lieutenants plead to the drugs. | 两个副手承认贩毒 |
[49:50] | Then Stanfield retires. | 然后Stanfield退休 |
[49:52] | He’s done. | 他完了 |
[49:54] | We even get the scent of him on the street ever again, | 再让我们发现他出来混 |
[49:57] | this case comes off stet and goes to trial. | 我们就重启案件 寻求庭审 |
[50:00] | And if we have to put a few cops in jail right behind him, so be it. | 如果对付他要把几个警察扔进监狱 那就这样好了 |
[50:04] | We’ll bring the evidence and take a hit. | 我们会拿出证据搏一把 |
[50:07] | Your client walks away now… | 要么你的委托人现在脱身… |
[50:10] | or the both of you don’t walk at all. | 要不你们两个永世不得翻身 |
[50:37] | Let’s go. Get up. | 起来 |
[50:55] | That’s mine. | 那是我的 |
[50:58] | It’s yours. I know. | 我知道 |
[51:13] | Do you have a card? | 你有名片吗 |
[51:25] | That’s not a card. | 这不是名片 |
[51:28] | We met before, d’you remember? | 我们见过 记得吗 |
[51:31] | Liar. | 骗子 |
[51:35] | Black liar. | 黑人骗子 |
[51:37] | Why’d you kill your friend? | 你为什么要杀你朋友 |
[51:43] | He drinks. | 他酗酒 |
[51:45] | He’s always drinking. | 整天喝个不停 |
[51:47] | But you put a ribbon around his wrist. | 那还在他手腕上绑了条丝带 |
[51:50] | Like the others. | 就像其他人一样 |
[51:52] | – Yeah. – Did you see that on television? | – 对 – 你从电视上看到的吗 |
[51:56] | The ribbon on the wrist? | 手腕上的丝带 |
[51:58] | Did you hear about that from other people? | 还是从别人那儿听来的 |
[52:01] | Why’d you do the thing with the ribbon? | 你为什么要绑丝带 |
[52:03] | Nobody understands. | 没人明白 |
[52:07] | You don’t understand. | 你们都不会明白 |
[52:12] | I always know what I’m going to do… | 我总是在行动之前… |
[52:16] | before I do it. OK? | 就知道自己该干什么了 |
[52:20] | I always know what I’m going to do. | 我总是知道自己要做什么 |
[52:21] | Did you kill the others? Did you kill all of them? | 你还杀过其他人吗 他们都是你杀的吗 |
[52:25] | Every one of them. | 都是我杀的 |
[52:30] | I did it because I knew I was going to do it. | 我杀他们是因为我知道我要杀他们 |
[52:39] | I’ve killed millions. | 我杀了上百万人 |
[52:42] | OK? And they all killed me. | 他们也杀了我 |
[52:47] | So you did all the murders? | 所以所有的案子都是你犯下的? |
[52:53] | You’re a coward. | 你是个懦夫 |
[52:57] | I can tell. | 我看得出来 |
[53:01] | Do you have a card? | 你有名片吗 |
[53:09] | Jimmy, reporter’s in there waiting for a photo array. | Jimmy 那个记者来了 等着认照片 |
[53:13] | What? Jay, he’s bullshit. | 什么 Jay 他报假案 |
[53:17] | I know he is but the newspaper made such a fuss, | 我知道 但报纸搞出了很大动静 |
[53:20] | the major wants us to jerk him off, just to say we did. | 警司让我们敷衍他一下 |
[53:37] | Hey, detective. | 嗨 警探 |
[53:51] | No gray van either. | 没什么灰色货车 |
[53:53] | – What? – He doesn’t have a gray van. | – 什么 – 他没有灰色货车 |
[54:05] | No gray van. And he didn’t call you on the phone either, did he? | 没有灰色货车 他也没给你打电话 不是吗 |
[54:08] | He didn’t call you the first time and he didn’t call you the second. I did that. | 他没给你打过第一个电话 也没打过第二个 第二个是我打的 |
[54:14] | Yew mortify me in fronta my fatha… | 乃让偶在老头子面前蒙羞…(此处模仿巴尔的摩口音) |
[54:17] | And those pictures you got. | 还有你收到的那些照片 |
[54:19] | I took those. | 是我拍的 |
[54:20] | And the missing guy? He’s my second cousin. | 那个失踪者 是我二表弟 |
[54:23] | We sent him up to Atlantic City with a roll of quarters. | 我们给了他一笔钱 送他去大西洋城玩 |
[54:27] | And you know why I can tell you all this? | 你知道我为什么要告诉你吗 |
[54:29] | Because, you lying motherfucker, | 因为你这个满嘴谎言的混球 |
[54:31] | you’re as full of shit as I am. | 跟我是一丘之貉 |
[54:34] | And you’ve got to live with it and play it out for as long as it goes. Right? | 而你还得把戏继续演下去 对吧 |
[54:38] | Trapped in the same lie. | 困在同一个谎言里 |
[54:41] | Only difference is I know why I did it. | 我们唯一的区别是 我知道自己为什么这么做 |
[54:44] | But fuck if I can figure out what it gets you in the end. | 我才不在乎你最终会怎样 |
[54:48] | But hey, I ain’t part of your tribe. | 但我可不是你同类 |
[54:50] | – You’re not serious? You can’t… – No. | – 你开玩笑的吧 你不能… – 对 |
[54:54] | No, I’m a fucking joke. | 对 我他妈是个笑话 |
[54:57] | And so are you. | 你也是 |
[55:03] | Now get the fuck out of here. | 滚你妈的蛋 |
[55:41] | You walk. | 你可以无罪 |
[55:44] | Chris eats the murders, every last one, takes life without parole. | Chris要承担所有谋杀 终身监禁不得假释 |
[55:48] | – No parole? – No shot. | – 不能假释? – 不能 |
[55:49] | They’ve got him cold on the one with the D.N.A. | 他们在某具尸体上发现了他的DNA |
[55:52] | Can you sell that? Is Chris loyal? | 没问题吗 Chris忠于你吗 |
[55:53] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[55:56] | As long as I take care of his people. | 只要我能照顾好他家人 |
[55:59] | Cheese and Monk are looking at up to twenty for the drugs. | Cheese和Monk因贩毒面临二十年刑期 |
[56:02] | But there’s gonna be no assets investigation and you come home with all your money. | 但不会有财产调查 你的钱还是你的 |
[56:07] | Why they letting me walk? | 他们为什么放过我 |
[56:10] | They don’t wanna but there’s some shit in their case | 他们也不想 但案子有猫腻 |
[56:12] | and they’d rather not show it in court. | 他们宁可不在庭上展示出来 |
[56:15] | But here’s the rub. If you stay in the game, | 事实上 如果你还继续贩毒 |
[56:18] | they will. They definitely will. | 他们会搏一把的 肯定会 |
[56:20] | Right now, with an election going on, | 现在 选举在即 |
[56:23] | they’re willing to give you a bye. | 他们愿意放你一马 |
[56:25] | But after November, if they even think you’re still a player, | 但11月之后 如果他们发现你还在贩毒 |
[56:28] | they can take this case down off the shelf | 他们会旧案重提 |
[56:31] | and the shit in the case might not be enough to keep you free. | 调查过程中的猫腻也不足以让你脱身 |
[56:35] | You understand? | 懂了吗 |
[56:37] | Give up the crown. | 金盆洗手 |
[56:40] | Well, that’s the deal, kiddo. | 这就是条件 孩子 |
[56:44] | There’s not a lawyer who could get better for you. | 没哪个律师能争取到更好的条件了 |
[57:01] | How’d that go, boss? | 怎么样 老板 |
[57:04] | Kiddo, you are a gold mine to me. You know that? | 小子 你真是我的财神 |
[57:08] | You’ve taken this law firm to a whole new level. | – 你把我的律所推上了新的高度 – 我? |
[57:11] | – Me? – You don’t tip me to that bad wiretap, | 要不是你提醒了我有非法的窃听 我麻烦就大了 |
[57:13] | I’ve got all kinds of trouble. But now, if Marlo takes the deal, | 如果Marlo接受交易 |
[57:17] | he’s gonna get a walk after being charged in a multimillion-dollar drug seizure. | 他面临贩售价值 数百万美元毒品的指控还能脱身 |
[57:21] | That doesn’t happen very often | 这不常见啊 |
[57:23] | and, when it does happen, the name and number | 一旦做到了 辩护律师的名字和电话 |
[57:25] | of the defense attorney goes in the front pocket of every respectable drug trafficker. | 就会跑到每个可敬的毒贩的口袋里 |
[57:30] | You’re a genius for what you brought me on this. | 你真是个天才 太有贡献了 |
[57:32] | I’m just doing what I do, right? | 我只是做我该做的 不是吗 |
[57:33] | You need to know something, all you gotta do is ask. | 想知道什么 就去问 |
[57:36] | That’s what a detective is, right? | 侦探不就是干这个的嘛 |
[57:38] | Here. You should come over for dinner tonight. | 给 今晚过来吃个晚饭吧 |
[57:42] | – Yvette’s making brisket. – Your house? | – Yvette炖了胸肉 – 去你家? |
[57:45] | You’re mishpocha now. | 我们是一家人了 |
[57:54] | If you say so. | 你说是就是吧 |
[58:07] | It’s down. | 结了 |
[58:08] | Not that this thing is ever going to trial. That guy has N.C.R. Written all over him. | 倒没什么上庭的必要 那家伙一看就精神不健全(无犯罪责任) |
[58:12] | Can’t argue. A padded room at Clifton T. Perkins is definitely called for. | 无法抗辩 Clifton T. Perkins医院的软垫病房是去定了 |
[58:16] | – He go for all of them? – No, sir. Just the last two. | – 所有案子他都认了? – 没有 长官 只认了最后两件 |
[58:19] | – He deny the others? – He ain’t exactly denying anything in there. | – 他否认其他的案子? – 他什么都没有否认 |
[58:22] | I mean, he’ll cop to anything we damn please. | 我们要安什么莫须有的罪名都行 |
[58:25] | Then go back and get it. | 那就回去 让他认罪 |
[58:27] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[58:29] | If he’s N.C.R., what the fuck is the difference if he cops to two or six? | 如果他精神不健全 认2件跟认6件有什么区别 |
[58:33] | Either way, they tie his arms and feed him green Jell-o. | 不管怎样 他们都会绑着他胳膊 喂他绿色的果冻 |
[58:35] | Sir, he did the last two. | 长官 他只犯了最后两件案子 |
[58:38] | Motherfucker. | 混账 |
[58:41] | You are a cunt hair away from indictment and you see fit to argue with me? | 你就快被起诉了 还要跟我争? |
[58:47] | I did what I did. I know. | 我知道我做错了 |
[58:50] | And now I’m standing responsible for two fresh murders. | 现在我负责的是两件新的谋杀案 |
[58:52] | I know what I’ve done here. | 我知道我做了什么 |
[58:55] | But I’m not doing this. | 但我绝不同意这么做 |
[59:06] | This is over | 都结束了 |
[59:08] | and all of our citizens can rest soundly in the knowledge that the man responsible | 市民们可以安心了 由于警方辛勤的工作 |
[59:13] | has been apprehended by the diligent efforts of investigators. | 流浪汉谋杀案的凶手已被逮捕 |
[59:16] | Mr. Mayor, is he being charged with all of the murders | 市长先生 他是以最后两桩谋杀案 还是所有谋杀案被起诉? |
[59:19] | – or just two? – It is my understanding that… | 据我所知… |
[59:27] | We are charging the last two incidents | 我们起诉的是最后两桩谋杀 |
[59:29] | but it is my understanding that he is suspected in all of the crimes. | 但他涉嫌实施了所有的案子 |
[59:33] | We’re waiting for D.N.A. Test results. | 我们正在等待DNA检测结果 |
[59:35] | Indications are that he may be mentally incapacitated | 有迹象表明他精神不健全 |
[59:38] | and therefore additional prosecutions would prove redundant. | 因此额外的检控是多余的 |
[59:42] | I would also like to credit Deputy Commissioner for Operations Daniels | 同时我要表扬Daniels副局长 |
[59:45] | with not only bringing these cases to their proper conclusion | 不仅漂亮地解决了这几起案子 |
[59:49] | but also for solving last year’s slayings in the vacant rowhouses. | 还解决了去年的空屋谋杀案 |
[59:53] | He has given us such excellent work | 他工作出色 |
[59:55] | that I think that now is as good a time as any to announce | 我认为是时候向各位宣布 |
[59:58] | that we will be sending the deputy’s name forward | 我们会向市议会推荐他 |
[1:00:01] | to the city council for confirmation as Baltimore Police Commissioner. | 接任巴尔的摩市警察局长 |
[1:00:08] | Acting commissioner Rawls, to whom I am also extremely grateful, | 同时非常感谢代理警察局长Rawls |
[1:00:11] | will serve in an advisory capacity pending new responsibilities at City Hall. | 他将在市政厅暂时担任顾问性的工作 等待新的任命 |
[1:00:30] | Scott Scott | |
[1:00:32] | You should be working the main bar on the arrest with Alma. | 你该跟Alma合作撰写逮捕行动的新闻 |
[1:00:34] | I… | 我… |
[1:00:35] | We’re going to want your byline in this coverage. | 这篇报道要你署名 |
[1:00:38] | Yeah, I don’t feel so well. My stomach… | 我不太舒服 胃有点… |
[1:00:43] | I think I gotta go home. | 我该回家了 |
[1:00:45] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:01:34] | Having ducked the bullet on that homeless mess, | 得以避开流浪汉谋杀案的大风波 |
[1:01:35] | I want you to know that the Mayor and I both appreciate your discretion. | 我和市长都很感激你审慎的处理 |
[1:01:40] | But right now we can’t take our eyes off the ball | 但总体犯罪率的问题 |
[1:01:43] | when it comes to crime overall. | 仍然不可忽视 |
[1:01:45] | Looking at your weekly U.C.R. S from the districts, | 看着你上周各区的犯罪报告调查 |
[1:01:48] | I am not seeing the kind of decline that’s going to measure out | 我看不出犯罪率 |
[1:01:52] | to a ten per cent drop in the quarter. | 能在这季度下降百分之十 |
[1:01:54] | – They’re clean. – Excuse me? | – 它们是真实的 – 什么 |
[1:01:56] | The stats are clean. | 统计是真实的 |
[1:02:00] | They’re gonna stay clean. | 今后也一定要是真实的 |
[1:02:02] | Either we fix this Police Department and the crime goes down | 要么我们完善警局 让犯罪率下降 |
[1:02:05] | or we don’t and the crime stays up. | 要么撒手不管 犯罪率飙升 |
[1:02:08] | Commissioner, we’re talking about a little help | 局长 我们只是需要你 |
[1:02:11] | in the next couple quarters. That’s all. | 在接下来两个季度里帮点小忙 如此而已 |
[1:02:14] | No. I can’t. | 不行 |
[1:02:17] | You’re quiet on the homeless fiasco but this makes you squeal? | 流浪汉的事你能保持沉默 这个就让你坐不住了? 你搞… |
[1:02:21] | Tell the Mayor his stats will be clean | 告诉市长 我会给他真实的数据 |
[1:02:24] | before the election, after the election. | 选举前也好 选举后也罢 |
[1:02:30] | You’re right. They can’t fire you. | 也对 他们没法炒了你 |
[1:02:33] | Not without it bouncing back on City Hall. | 那是市政厅搬起石头砸自己的脚 |
[1:02:36] | If you don’t mind being buried in some backroom unit, | 如果你不介意被埋没在 一个不见天日的单位里 |
[1:02:39] | you can stay for as long as you can stand it. | 你想待多久就待多久 |
[1:02:44] | Or until you get the pension. | 直到你退休 |
[1:02:46] | But, at the same time, I can’t let you do police work. | 但同时 我不会再让你做警务工作 |
[1:02:50] | Not anything that’s going to find its way into a courtroom. | 不是所有的事都能上法庭的 |
[1:02:53] | I won’t do that. | 我也不会那么做 |
[1:02:56] | For both of you, | 对你们俩都是 |
[1:02:58] | that’s over. | 到此为止了 |
[1:03:07] | So Marlo walks. | 这么说Marlo逍遥法外了 |
[1:03:10] | Or you go to jail. | 或者你进监狱 |
[1:03:12] | And you couldn’t do any better with Levy? | 而且你也拿Levy没办法? |
[1:03:15] | I mean, giving up the money… | 我是说 考虑到那些钱的交易… |
[1:03:18] | I got what I could. | 我尽力了 |
[1:03:24] | You lost the money trail, Lester, | 你决定不依法行动那一刻 Lester |
[1:03:26] | when you decided to start colouring outside the lines. | 资金链的调查就已经完了 |
[1:03:34] | This isn’t on me. | 这不是我的错 |
[1:03:40] | What the fuck you mean you selling? | 你出售个毛啊 |
[1:03:42] | – I’m sellin’ the connect. – How much, yo? | – 我要出售跟卖家的联系 – 多少钱 |
[1:03:48] | – Ten million. – Goddamn. | – 1千万 – 靠 |
[1:03:51] | Or a high bid if I hear ten from more than one of y’all. | 如果你们不止一个愿出这个价 那就价高者得 |
[1:03:54] | Y’all think it ain’t worth that, I stick that shit back in my pocket | 如果你们认为不值 那我就不卖了 |
[1:03:58] | and y’all can go back to runnin’ that stepped-on New York shit. | 你们大可以回去卖纽约的次货 |
[1:04:02] | You don’t mind me askin’, why you sellin’? | 不介意的话我问问 为什么要卖 |
[1:04:06] | I mean, even from inside here, you can take a slice for just layin’ in the cut, nigger. | 就算在号子里 你也还是可以分一杯羹的 |
[1:04:10] | Ain’t gonna be in here long. | 我不会在这待很久的 |
[1:04:12] | Case they got against me already fallin’ apart. | 他们对我的起诉已经没戏了 |
[1:04:18] | But the truth is, | 但事实上 |
[1:04:20] | I’m done with this gangsta shit. | 我也得金盆洗手了 |
[1:04:23] | I’ve been there, done that. | 我风光过了 |
[1:04:25] | You somethin’ else other than a gangsta? | 你除了混帮派还能干别的? |
[1:04:29] | Businessman. Yeah, Tall Man, | 生意人 没错 大个子 |
[1:04:31] | I can’t get that shit wrapped around my head neither. | 我也没那脑子 |
[1:04:36] | Anyway, y’all can’t get my price up, maybe y’all pool your money. | 总之 你们要是付不起 可以凑钱 |
[1:04:42] | But supply only gonna deal with y’all | 但我出去后 |
[1:04:46] | after I make the intro. | 才会跟你们交易 |
[1:04:49] | Then I’m out. | 然后我就退出 |
[1:04:53] | You’ve got a problem. I thought Daniels was your boy. | 你有麻烦了 我还以为Daniels对你俯首帖耳呢 |
[1:04:56] | We both got a problem if crime doesn’t drop. | 犯罪率不降我们都有麻烦 |
[1:04:59] | Carcetti loses the statehouse and you aren’t mayor. | Carcetti当不了州长 你也当不了市长 |
[1:05:02] | And even if he wins, Nerese, you’re stuck | 就算他赢了 Nerese 有个不听话的局长 |
[1:05:04] | with a Police Commissioner that won’t work with you. | 你也是绑手绑脚的 |
[1:05:07] | I’m not stuck with anything. | 我不会被任何人束缚 |
[1:05:09] | Daniels either comes around or he’s done. | Daniels要么恢复理智 要么他就玩完 |
[1:05:11] | We just anointed him. We can’t go back on that now. He knows it. | 我们刚选定了他 不能马上反悔 他知道这点 |
[1:05:15] | Either he learns his place or he’ll be offering to resign. | 他要么搞清楚自己的立场 要么辞职 |
[1:05:19] | You ain’t the only one knows how to play this game. | 不是只有你才会玩这个游戏的 |
[1:05:32] | What to say about this piece of work? | 该怎么形容这个难搞的家伙呢 |
[1:05:35] | Fucked if I don’t find myself without the right words. | 如果我没找到合适的话 那我真该死 |
[1:05:39] | Me, as gifted a golden throat as any of you cocksuckers | 我作为一个跟你们一样天生的金嗓子 |
[1:05:42] | being loosed from religion, are ever likely to hear. | 多年来离经叛道 |
[1:05:45] | What can I say about the dearly departed? | 我该如何总结这个可贵的往者 |
[1:05:48] | – I mean, really… – He died young. | – 真的… – 他英年早逝 |
[1:05:50] | – Too young. – Not even 40 years old. | – 死太早了 – 还不到40 |
[1:05:52] | Though, had it lived, his dick woulda been 134. | 虽然就算活着 他的鸡巴也134岁了 |
[1:05:56] | Shut up. It’s coming to me. | 闭嘴 灵感来了 |
[1:06:01] | He was the black sheep, | 他是害群之马 |
[1:06:05] | the permanent pariah. | 永世被放逐者 |
[1:06:07] | He asked no quarter of the bosses and none was given. | 他不向大人们摇尾乞怜 也从未被怜悯 |
[1:06:10] | He learned no lessons, | 不接受教训 |
[1:06:12] | he acknowledged no mistakes. | 一错再错 |
[1:06:14] | He was as stubborn a Mick as ever stumbled | 他是个倔强的爱尔兰佬 徘徊于东北郊区之外 |
[1:06:16] | out of the Northeast parishes to take a patrolman’s shield. | 只为获得一枚警徽 |
[1:06:19] | He brooked no authority. | 他藐视权威 |
[1:06:21] | He did what he wanted to do and he said what he wanted to say | 他随兴所至 口无遮拦 |
[1:06:25] | and, in the end, he gave you the clearances. | 最终 他能给你一个真相 |
[1:06:30] | – He’s natural police. – Yes, he was. | 他是个天生的警察 没错 |
[1:06:33] | I don’t say that about many people, even when they’re here on the felt. | 我一般不这么说别人 即便他们躺在这上面 |
[1:06:36] | I don’t give that one up unless it happens to be true. | 除非是事实 我不会轻易给人这个名号 |
[1:06:40] | Natural poh-leece. | 天生的警察 |
[1:06:52] | But Christ, what an asshole. | 但老天啊 他个屁眼儿的 |
[1:06:57] | And I’m not talkin’ about the ordinary, gaping orifice that all of us possess. | 我说的可不是我们都有的那个平凡的洞洞 |
[1:07:02] | I mean an all-encompassing, all-consuming, | 我说的是一个包罗万象 让人劳心劳力 |
[1:07:06] | out of proportion to every other facet of his humanity chasm. | 跟他人性的其他方面不成比例的深坑 |
[1:07:10] | From whose borne, if I may quote Shakespeare, | 其深远 恕我引用莎士比亚 |
[1:07:13] | no traveler has ever returned. | 不曾有一个旅人回来 (引自哈姆雷特) |
[1:07:15] | – The fuck did I do? – Shut the fuck up. | – 我他妈干什么了 – 闭上你鸟嘴 |
[1:07:17] | You’re dead to us now. | 你是个死人 |
[1:07:21] | Here’s his partner in crime. | 这不是他一起犯罪的搭档嘛 |
[1:07:27] | Now, now. Be gentle. Be gentle. | 温柔点 温柔点 |
[1:07:30] | I’m a civilian now. Be gentle. | 我现在是个平头百姓了 温柔点 |
[1:07:32] | Your papers went in? | 你辞呈递上去了? |
[1:07:34] | – Yeah, this afternoon. 32 years. – And four months. | – 嗯 中午交的 32年了 – 又4个月 |
[1:07:40] | Y’all did a fine job with him, you did. | 你们给他送的好终啊 |
[1:07:42] | He look to be about ten years younger than I remember. | 他比我记忆中要年轻10岁 |
[1:07:45] | Well, c’mon, there’s enough room for both of you to be laid out. | 起来了 这里可躺不下两个人 |
[1:07:52] | One at a time. | 一次一个 |
[1:07:54] | You don’t crowd a man at his own wake. | 都追悼会了 你还围着人家啊 |
[1:07:57] | Come on, Lester. Come and snuggle. | 来嘛 Lester 来抱抱嘛 |
[1:08:00] | Keep our secrets, Jimmy. I got Shardene with me tonight. | 别声张 Jimmy 我带了Shardene来呢 |
[1:08:04] | If you gentlemen will spare us this unfortunate homoerotic lapse, | 如果各位大量无视这次不幸的同性恋丑闻 |
[1:08:09] | I will conclude my elegiac remarks. | 我想把我的丧礼发言说完 |
[1:08:11] | Then do it, you gabby motherfucker. | 说啊 你个多嘴的烂人 |
[1:08:14] | To conclude. To conclude, | 让我说完 |
[1:08:17] | I say he gave us 13 years on the line. | 总之 他跟我们共事了13年 |
[1:08:20] | Not enough for a pension but enough for us to know that he was… | 还不够拿退休金的 但足够我们了解到… |
[1:08:24] | Put the fucking song on. | 他妈的放歌吧 |
[1:08:26] | …despite his negligible Irish ancestry, | …尽管他有微不足道的爱尔兰血统 |
[1:08:28] | his defects of personality, | 他人格上颇多缺陷 |
[1:08:30] | and his inconstant sobriety and hygiene, | 还有他时有时无的清醒和卫生 |
[1:08:36] | a true murder police. | 他是个真正的凶案警探 |
[1:08:39] | Jimmy Jimmy | |
[1:08:42] | I say this seriously. | 我真心的 |
[1:08:45] | If I was laying there dead on some Baltimore street corner, | 如果我死在巴尔的摩的某个街角 |
[1:08:47] | I’d want it to be you standing over me, catching the case. | 我希望是你来调查我的案子 |
[1:08:50] | Bullshit. | 放屁 |
[1:08:55] | Because, brother, when you were good, you were the best we had. | 因为 哥们 你状态好时 是最棒的 |
[1:09:01] | Shit, if you was lying there dead on some corner, it was probably Jimmy that done ya. | 靠 如果你死在某个街角 很可能就是Jimmy下的手 |
[1:09:07] | Fuck you! If you caught the case, | 去你的 如果是你接这案子 |
[1:09:09] | you’d be standing there pissing in my ear. | 你怕是会在我耳边撒尿了 |
[1:10:33] | How did Nerese Campbell get it? | Nerese Campbell怎么弄来的 |
[1:10:35] | You think I asked? Do you think it even matters? | 你觉得我会问吗 你觉得这重要吗 |
[1:10:39] | She gave it to me because she thought you’d listen to me. | 她交给我 是因为她认为你会听我的 |
[1:10:42] | So now they want me to go. | 这么说他们现在想让我走人了 |
[1:10:45] | The way she expressed it is that she wanted you to stay | 她的意思是 她想让你留下 |
[1:10:48] | if you could come to your senses. | 如果你能恢复理智的话 |
[1:10:50] | Come to my senses. | 恢复理智 |
[1:10:54] | She wants me to juke the stats for Carcetti, this quarter and the next, | 她想让我帮Carcetti伪造数据 这个季度和下个… |
[1:10:58] | hide the crime, get him elected as governor | 隐瞒犯罪 让他当选州长 |
[1:11:00] | and make her the Mayor. | 让她坐上市长的位子 |
[1:11:02] | So do it. Burrell juked them before you. | 照办啊 Burrell之前就是这么干的 |
[1:11:05] | Warren Frasier before him. | 他之前的Warren Frasier也是 |
[1:11:06] | And, after you’re gone, Rawls or whoever will juke them. So what? | 你走人的话 Rawls或别的什么人 也会这么干 那又如何 |
[1:11:11] | I’ll swallow a lie when I have to. | 必要时 我也能自欺欺人 |
[1:11:13] | I’ve swallowed a few big ones lately. | 最近我就接受了好几个弥天大谎 |
[1:11:16] | But the stat games, that lie, it’s what ruined this department. | 但这个数据游戏…这个谎言正在毁灭这个警局 |
[1:11:21] | Shining up shit and calling it gold, | 糊上金纸就当是黄金了 |
[1:11:23] | so majors become colonels and mayors become governors. | 警司就成了副总警监 市长就成了州长 |
[1:11:26] | Pretending to do police work while one generation fucking trains the next | 假装做着警务工作 却教着后继者如何 |
[1:11:29] | how not to do the job. And then… | 不做警务工作 还有… |
[1:11:37] | I looked Carcetti in the eye. | 我双眼直视Carcetti |
[1:11:39] | I shook his hand. I asked him if he was for real. | 握着他的手 问他是不是来真的 |
[1:11:43] | This is the lie I can’t live with. | 这不是我能容忍的谎言 |
[1:11:46] | If I do, then Nerese has me in her pocket whenever she wants me. | 如果我默许了 就得对Nerese俯首帖耳 |
[1:11:50] | And I’m no good to anyone like that. | 我不擅长这个 |
[1:11:53] | Then go. | 那就离开 |
[1:11:55] | Withdraw for personal reasons or health reasons. | 因为私人原因或健康原因辞职 |
[1:11:59] | Whatever. | 怎么都好 |
[1:12:00] | You’ve got your law degree. You’re not gonna starve. | 你有了法学学位 饿不死的 |
[1:12:05] | But if you don’t go, they’ll wreck both of us. | 如果你不去职 他们会毁了我们俩 |
[1:12:08] | There’s not enough in here to indict me. | 这些还够不上起诉我 |
[1:12:10] | And the joke of it is, | 讽刺的是 |
[1:12:12] | I’ve seen enough the last few days to have them indicted. | 我这几天来所见所闻 已经足以让他们被起诉了 |
[1:12:16] | For what? | 为什么 |
[1:12:18] | Then use it, Cedric, or at least threaten to. | 那你利用起来啊 Cedric 或至少拿它来威胁他们 |
[1:12:22] | People will get hurt. | 会有人受到伤害的 |
[1:12:25] | People I care about. | 我在乎的人 |
[1:12:28] | Then you’re done. There’s enough in that file | 那你就完了 这文件里的东西 |
[1:12:31] | that you’ll never make it through confirmation hearings. | 足以让你通不过任命听证会 |
[1:12:34] | And enough so that my career is dead before it even gets started. | 足以在我的职业生涯还没开始前就毁了我 |
[1:12:42] | The tree that doesn’t bend breaks, Cedric. | 刚极易折 Cedric |
[1:12:45] | Bend too far, you’re already broken. | 过分屈服 也是损坏了 |
[1:12:50] | Marlo on a walk. | Marlo逍遥法外 |
[1:12:53] | And the money, she gave that away, too. | 还有钱的线索 Jimmy 她也放弃了 |
[1:12:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:13:00] | We don’t get to follow the money. | 我们追踪不了资金链了 |
[1:13:06] | Hey, wonderin’ where you was. | 嘿… 还在想你上哪去了… |
[1:13:08] | I didn’t know if I should come out on this here. | 不知道我该不该来这儿… |
[1:13:10] | Why the fuck not? | 为什么不行 |
[1:13:12] | Was me who told Daniels. | 是我向Daniels告的密 |
[1:13:16] | I didn’t want to do it behind your back but… | 我不想背后捅你们一刀 但是… |
[1:13:20] | it had to be done. | 事情必须有个了结 |
[1:13:29] | Anyway, it was great being on the job with y’all. | 总之 跟你们共事真的很棒 |
[1:13:35] | I just wanted to say that too, I guess. | 我就想这么说 |
[1:13:38] | So what? | 那现在怎样 |
[1:13:40] | You ain’t gonna drink with me? | 你再不跟我喝酒了? |
[1:13:44] | I am if you want. | 如果你叫上我的话 我就来 |
[1:13:48] | Detective, | 警探 |
[1:13:50] | if you think it needed doing… | 如果你认为应该来 |
[1:13:52] | I guess it did. | 那就是应该的 |
[1:14:01] | You coming? | 你来不 |
[1:14:23] | Milton came with 600. | Milton有60万 |
[1:14:26] | And Little Glen is in for three. | Little Glen出30万 |
[1:14:28] | I got five from me | 我有50万 |
[1:14:30] | and I got five from Chinaman to cover. | 还从中国佬那儿拉了50万 |
[1:14:32] | – We still short 900. – I can go that. No thing. | 还差90万 – 我出吧 小意思 |
[1:14:35] | What? Motherfucker, where you get that kind of scratch? | -什么?你哪来那么多钱 |
[1:14:38] | You don’t think Cheese know this here game? | 你不觉得Cheese我很会玩这游戏吗 |
[1:14:40] | We sellin’ dope an’ coke in Baltimore, nigger, | 我们可是在巴尔的摩卖毒品 黑鬼 |
[1:14:43] | any of y’all ain’t got that kind of money need be ashamed. | 赚不到那么多钱才该惭愧吧 |
[1:14:46] | You still puttin’ up more than your share with that. | 你付的还是超过了你的份额 |
[1:14:50] | The way I look at it, we all gonna be more than paid | 我的看法是 我们有赚不赔… |
[1:14:53] | once we own the connect, so… | 一旦我们取得接头方式 所以… |
[1:14:55] | Shit, nigger, we was good when your uncle had it. | 你叔叔掌舵时 我们生意可好了 |
[1:14:58] | You had to go ahead and put up with Marlo. | 然后却要忍受Marlo… |
[1:15:01] | See that? See now, | 看见没 看见没 |
[1:15:03] | that’s just the wrong way to look at it | 这就是错误的看法 |
[1:15:05] | ’cause Joe had his time and Omar put an end to that. | Joe风光过 被Omar了结了 |
[1:15:09] | Then Marlo had his time, short as it was, | 然后是Marlo的时代 一闪即逝 |
[1:15:11] | and the police put an end to that. | 被警方终结了 |
[1:15:13] | And now, motherfucker, it’s our time. | 混球 现在是我们的时代了 |
[1:15:16] | Mines and yours. | 我和你们的时代 |
[1:15:19] | But instead of just shutting up and kicking in, | 但你不想着闭上嘴凑钱 |
[1:15:21] | you gonna stand there cryin’ that back-in-the-day shit. | 只是站在那回忆往昔 |
[1:15:24] | There ain’t no back in the day, nigger. | – Cheese… – 昨日不复返了 老鬼 |
[1:15:26] | Ain’t no nostalgia to this shit here. | 没什么好怀旧的 |
[1:15:30] | There’s just the street and the game | 这里只有街道和游戏 |
[1:15:33] | and what happen here today. | – 和发生在当下的一切 |
[1:15:35] | You right. | 你说得对 |
[1:15:41] | When it was my uncle, I was with my uncle. | 当我叔叔掌舵时 我跟着叔叔 |
[1:15:45] | When it was Marlo, I was with him. | 轮到Marlo了 我也跟着他 |
[1:15:47] | But now, nigger… | 但现在 混球们… |
[1:15:55] | What the fuck did you do that for? | 你他妈搞什么 |
[1:15:57] | Now we short the nine. | 现在我们缺90万了 |
[1:16:00] | That was for Joe. | 是为了Joe |
[1:16:03] | This sentimental motherfucker just cost us money. | 这个多愁善感的混蛋 害我们损失了一大笔钱 |
[1:17:46] | Alma… Hey, Alma… | |
[1:17:56] | I just heard. | 我听说了 |
[1:17:58] | The Carroll County bureau? That’s how they punish me? | Carroll郡分社?他们就这么处罚我? |
[1:18:01] | Why not just send my ass all the way to Pennsylvania? | 干嘛不直接把我发配到宾夕法尼亚 |
[1:18:04] | What’d they tell you? | 他们怎么跟你说的 |
[1:18:06] | That I did an excellent job, that this had nothing to do with anything | 说我工作出色 这跟发生的什么事都无关 |
[1:18:10] | but trying to make the county bureaus stronger. | 只是想增强郡分社的实力 |
[1:18:15] | Alma, I didn’t tell them about the notepad. I left that part out. | Alma 记事本的事我没说 我隐瞒了那事 |
[1:18:19] | I told them. When I heard you were in trouble, I went to Whiting, | 我跟他们说了 我听说你有麻烦了 就去见了Whiting |
[1:18:23] | told him I thought you were right about Scott. I told him about the notepad. | 告诉他我认为你对Scott的看法是对的 我告诉了他们记事本的事 |
[1:18:26] | Did he make all of it up? | 所有的都是他编的吗 |
[1:18:29] | – The calls from the killer? The pictures? – Some, not all. | -凶手的来电? 照片? -有些是 不全是 |
[1:18:34] | – Why? – Look around. | -为什么 -你看看四周 |
[1:18:38] | The pond is shrinking. | 池塘干涸了 |
[1:18:40] | The fish are nervous. | 鱼儿们都很紧张 |
[1:18:42] | Get some profile, win a prize, | 弄些报道获个奖… |
[1:18:44] | maybe find a bigger pond somewhere. | 也许就能跳到个大点的池塘里 |
[1:18:47] | Whiting Klebanow Templeton… Whiting, Klebanow, Templeton… | |
[1:18:51] | They snatch a Pulitzer or two and they are up and gone from this place. | 他们拿下一两个普利策奖 就能出名 离开这里 |
[1:18:55] | For them, that’s what this is all about. | 对他们来说 这才是最重要的 |
[1:18:58] | Me? I’m too fucking simpleminded for that. | 而我则太单纯了 |
[1:19:02] | I just wanted to see something new every day | 我只想每天看见些新鲜事… |
[1:19:06] | and write a story with it. | 并把它写下来 |
[1:19:10] | Alma, you’ll write your way outta Carroll in no time, watch. | Alma 你很快会从Carroll脱颖而出的 看着吧 |
[1:19:14] | About as fast as you edit your way off the copy desk? | 就跟你从编辑中脱颖而出一样快? |
[1:19:35] | Congratulations, Sergeant Goette. | 祝贺你 Goette警长 |
[1:19:38] | I know you’ll do well in the Eastern. | 相信你在东区会有出色表现 |
[1:19:44] | Glad I got to do this at least. Congratulations, Lieutenant Carver. | 很高兴能给你授衔 祝贺你 Carver警督 |
[1:19:49] | Thank you, sir. I’m just sorry it won’t be you I’m serving under. | 谢谢 长官 很遗憾不能在你手底下工作 |
[1:19:53] | Word gets around? | 已经传开了吗 |
[1:19:55] | It’s on W.B.A.L. Today. | 今天已经上了巴尔的摩网了 |
[1:19:57] | They said you’re leaving for family reasons. | 说你因为家庭原因离任… |
[1:20:00] | I guess I got some kids somewhere I don’t even know about. | 我猜我在某个地方有几个我不知道的孩子吧 |
[1:20:04] | They say on B.A.L. Who they’re sending up as acting commissioner? – | 他们有说派谁来担任代理局长吗 |
[1:20:05] | Say it ain’t so. | 还没有决定 |
[1:20:13] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[1:20:15] | as what may be my last official act as a Baltimore police officer, | 这是我作为巴尔的摩警务人员 的最后一次官方活动 |
[1:20:20] | allow me to congratulate all of the promoted officers, | 请容许我祝贺晋升的警员 |
[1:20:22] | their families, their fellow officers and their friends. | 以及他们的家人 同事和朋友 |
[1:20:34] | You ain’t careful, they may make you major, then you’ll be truly fucked. | 你不给我小心点 他们会让你当警司的 到时你就玩完了 |
[1:20:38] | – Good job. – Thanks. | – 干得漂亮 – 谢谢 |
[1:20:40] | – Proud of you. – Thanks. | – 我为你骄傲 – 谢谢 |
[1:20:58] | See now, there you go, giving a fuck when it ain’t your turn to give a fuck. | 看你 不该你操心的时候瞎操心 |
[1:21:02] | – Lehman’s squad was up. – I needed the O.T. | -该Lehman的小队了 -我要加班 |
[1:21:05] | Yeah, now you got a shooting with no wits, | 那你现在手上就有了件没有目击者的枪击案 |
[1:21:08] | no suspect and no prayer of it going to black. | 没有嫌疑人 没有破案的希望 |
[1:21:11] | Picking up the phone like a goddamn rookie. Shame on you. | 像个菜鸟似的电话一来就接 你该感到惭愧 |
[1:21:13] | Stop squealin’ like a bitch. | 别像个婆娘磨磨唧唧的 |
[1:21:16] | An’ make sure you don’t step on that shell casing behind you. | 还有别踩到你身后的弹壳 |
[1:21:18] | I ain’t gonna kick no shell casings behind me. It’s there on the side. | 我才不会踩到身后的弹壳 弹壳在路边呢 |
[1:21:21] | I’m gonna step back and kick no shell casing you don’t mark with letters and numbers. | 我往回走也不会踢到你没记录的弹壳 |
[1:21:29] | I understand. And you gotta be in the system. | 我知道 系统里一定有你 |
[1:21:32] | – They sent you the form. – They told me that wasn’t good enough. | 他们给你派发了表格 他们跟我说不够好 |
[1:21:35] | They said they wanted the other paperwork. | 他们说要另整一份文档 |
[1:21:37] | – And you applied for S.S. I., Mr. Belton? – Yes, ma’am. | -Belton先生 你要申请补充保证收入? – 你好 女士 |
[1:21:40] | Well, let’s go inside and look it up on the computer. | 我们进去查查电脑再说吧 |
[1:21:43] | Hey, you remember me? | 你不记得我了? |
[1:21:46] | I brought this guy in a few weeks back, just wanted to see how he was. | 我几周前带这人过来 现在想来看看他… |
[1:21:50] | He wandered out after a couple nights. | 他几周前走丢了 |
[1:21:53] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:21:56] | Where… | 那… |
[1:21:58] | – Where do the homeless go around here? – Different places. Down by the river, | -这附近的流浪汉都去哪? -有几个地方 在河那边 |
[1:22:02] | over in the warehouse district. | 仓库区… |
[1:22:06] | Some of the places I don’t think it would be safe for you to go. | 有些地方你去可能不太安全… |
[1:22:08] | I’m police. Well, I used to be. | 我是警察 曾经是 |
[1:22:11] | Wait here. I’ll see if I can find you a map. | 等等 我给你找张地图 |
[1:22:13] | – Thanks. – Come on, Mr. Belton. | – 谢谢 – 进来吧 Belton先生 |
[1:22:19] | …and if the major could find his ass with his hand, | 如果这个警司有点脑子 |
[1:22:21] | he’d know that we have more than enough to be up on a pen register. | 他就会知道我们不止能装个拨号记录器 |
[1:22:24] | Lieutenant Carver told him so. | Carver警督跟他说了 |
[1:22:26] | But fuck if he isn’t trying to shut this thing down. | 操蛋的他居然想把案子停了 |
[1:22:33] | Alls I’m sayin’ is a phone call or two and you’re gonna find out | 我要说的是 打一两个电话 你就会发现 |
[1:22:37] | that they’re getting some kinda pressure from somewhere to sit on this thing, | 上面某处给了他们些压力 让案件搁置 |
[1:22:40] | even though we’ve tied three killings to this crew. | 即便我们已经查了这伙人三起谋杀了 |
[1:22:44] | Does the Police Commissioner know? | 局长知道吗 |
[1:22:46] | Him? He wouldn’t know police work if it took down his front door on a warrant. | 他?不踢开他前门亮逮捕令 他都不知道什么叫警务工作 |
[1:22:55] | Just… keep my name out of it. | 就…别说是我说的 |
[1:23:01] | New Westport is like Howard Street ten years ago, | 新Westport就像十年前的Howard大街 |
[1:23:04] | except the land’s cheaper | 只不过土地更便宜 |
[1:23:06] | and there’s more potential for mixed use because of the waterfront location. | 因为滨水而更有发展潜力 |
[1:23:09] | – There you are. – You can’t put a price on a water view. | 你在这儿呢 水景可是无价的 |
[1:23:13] | Yes, you can. | 不 你可以 |
[1:23:15] | You definitely can. | 当然可以 |
[1:23:17] | Andy, he’s gotta meet Tommy and they’re leaving early | Andy 他得见见Tommy 他们要提早离开 |
[1:23:19] | so let me borrow him for a moment. | 所以我带他离开一小会 |
[1:23:21] | Sure, no problem. Nice to meet you, Mr. Stanfield. | 好的 很高兴见到你 Stanfield先生 |
[1:23:27] | You know who you were talking to? -No. | 你知道你在跟谁说话吗 – 不知道 |
[1:23:30] | Andy Krawczyk Andy Krawczyk. | |
[1:23:32] | Very connected. Very big with development around the harbour. | 八面玲珑 港口的大开发商 |
[1:23:35] | He’s someone you’re gonna wanna know well. | 他是你需要结识的人 |
[1:23:38] | But kid, do not… | 但孩子… |
[1:23:42] | Do not get in a room with him alone. | 别跟他单独共处一室 |
[1:23:45] | You want me in there with you, believe me, otherwise guys like that will bleed you. | 相信我 你需要我陪同 否则 他们会让你大出血… |
[1:23:48] | I want you to meet Tommy Flanagan before he leaves. | Tommy Flanagan离开前 我想让你见见他… |
[1:23:50] | Yeah, gimme a minute. I need to… | 行 稍等片刻 我想… |
[1:23:53] | – Bathroom? – Yeah. | – 洗手间? – 嗯 |
[1:23:55] | Down the hall to the right. | 大厅右转 |
[1:24:01] | Hey, watch that stuff. You’ll put on weight. | 当心 吃多了会发胖的 |
[1:24:21] | But next time, I want you to make sure | 下次 你要确认清楚 |
[1:24:24] | that you watch this money… | 你看着这些钱… |
[1:24:28] | Don’t. Don’t do it. | 别… 别乱来 |
[1:24:38] | Time to give that up. | 把钱交出来 |
[1:24:40] | Do you know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[1:24:42] | Name’s Vinson. Used to be Marlo’s bank, | Vinson 以前是Marlo的账房 |
[1:24:45] | but Marlo ain’t around no more and you still moving money for other players, | Marlo不在了 你还在帮其他卖家转移资金 |
[1:24:50] | so I’m thinking some of that money need to be mine. | 所以…有些钱该归我 |
[1:24:54] | Shit. You just a boy. | 靠…你只是个小鬼 |
[1:25:00] | That’s just your knee. | 那只是你的膝盖 |
[1:25:03] | That motherfucker shot me. | 那混球开枪打我 |
[1:25:11] | Nice doing business, gentlemen. | 合作愉快 先生们 |
[1:25:15] | shit. | 靠 |
[1:25:19] | No way, that’s bullshit. | 不可能 扯淡 |
[1:25:21] | I heard it different. The real story about Omar | 我听到的不一样 Omar真正的情况是 |
[1:25:23] | is that a bunch of cops made it look like them New York boys killed him. | 一伙警察伪造出纽约帮派杀了他的样子 |
[1:25:26] | But it was them. They’re the ones that really killed him. | 但其实是他们干的 是他们杀了他 |
[1:25:29] | Listen, motherfucker, I know what happened to him. | 听着 混球 我知道是怎么回事 |
[1:25:32] | Them police had nothing to do with it. No New York boys neither. | 跟警察无关 也不是纽约帮派干的 |
[1:25:35] | So Omar’s got an A.K., right? But he’s surrounded. | Omar拿着把AK 但被包围了 |
[1:25:39] | It’s like eight, nine motherfuckers up there and they all got nines. | 对方有八九个人 都拿着9毫米手枪 |
[1:25:42] | – But he like, “You all think you…” – Fuck you lookin’ at? | – 但他说”你们以为…” – 你看什么看 |
[1:25:46] | – You, nigger. – Do you know who I am? | -说你呢 小子 -你们知道我是谁吗 |
[1:25:49] | Nigger, you know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[1:25:52] | Shit! | 靠 |
[1:26:20] | Yeah. Yeah. | |
[1:27:51] | …on me, all right? | – 好… – 这轮我请 怎样 |
[1:28:20] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[1:28:25] | This is a great day for Democrats and it’s a great day for Maryland. | 今天是民主党的大日子 是马里兰的大日子 |
[1:28:32] | I hope I get this by e-dot. | Zorzi 希望截止期前能到我手上 |
[1:28:35] | OK, three minutes, for Christ’s sake. Don’t get your panties in a knot. | 行 三分钟 看在上帝的份上 别动不动就发火 |
[1:28:55] | Commissioner Valchek. | Valchek局长 |
[1:28:59] | Valchek come. | Valchek来了 |
[1:29:16] | Madam Prosecutor, gentlemen… | 公诉人女士 先生们… |
[1:29:20] | The first case up and I have to recuse myself. | 第一件案子 我得要求撤换我 |
[1:29:23] | Your Honour, I appreciate your concern. | 法官阁下 感谢您的关心 |
[1:29:43] | Congratulations, Superintendent. | 恭喜 总警监 |
[1:29:46] | – Welcome aboard. – Thank you, Governor. | -欢迎加入 – 谢谢 州长 |
[1:29:48] | – Happy to be aboard. – Thank you. | -很高兴加入 – 谢谢 |
[1:31:18] | Larry… Larry. | |
[1:31:33] | Let’s go home. | 我们回家 |