英文名称:Good Sam
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Come on, can’t you go any faster? | 拜托 你能不能再开快点 |
[00:11] | Kate, FDNY says six people are trapped in the fire. | 凯特 纽约消防队说六人被困火中 |
[00:11] | FDNY: Fire Department, New York | 纽约救火消防队 |
[00:14] | Are you there yet? | 你已经到那了吗 |
[00:14] | Yeah, almost. Go, go, go. Park right there. | 我快到了 往前往前 在那停车 |
[00:17] | Yeah, yeah. I see it, I see it. | 好的 我看见了 |
[00:19] | Coming to you live in five minutes. | 五分钟内到你那边现场 |
[00:21] | Okay, we’ll be ready. We’ve got this. | 好的 我们会做好准备 我们到了 |
[00:23] | Four engines on the scene. More on the way. | 现场有四辆车 更多车还在路上 |
[00:25] | – Got feet on the ground yet? – Yeah, we just got here. | -下车了吗 -是的 我们刚到 |
[00:28] | Get some cutaways. | 拍一些切换镜头 |
[00:28] | We’ll do a stand-up on the third block. | 我们将在第三街区表演单口喜剧 |
[00:30] | No, David, it’s no good. | 不 大卫 这没好处 |
[00:32] | The police have the media at least 50 yards out. | 警察让媒体远离现场至少50码远 |
[00:35] | I’m gonna get us something exclusive. | 我打算搞点独家新闻 |
[00:36] | How are you gonna do that? | 你打算怎么做 |
[00:38] | You know the drill. Give me the camera. | 你知道规矩 相机给我 |
[00:40] | Thanks. | 谢啦 |
[00:44] | Hey. Sir, please stay away from the barricade. | 嘿 先生 请远离路障 |
[00:46] | I just had a quick question. | 我只快速的问一个问题 |
[00:47] | Do you know how this– | 你知道这场事故是怎么 |
[00:49] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[00:52] | You’d sorry about that, man. | 没事的 伙计 |
[00:54] | All thumbs today. | 我今天笨手笨脚的 |
[01:06] | Need a ladder, south side. Close up! | 来个梯子 往南边 近一点 |
[01:09] | Need Charlie up on the second floor. | 需要查理上二楼 |
[01:11] | Need more pressure here. | 这需要多浇点水 |
[01:13] | Open it up. We need more pressure on this one. | 打开它 我们需要给它更大的水压 |
[01:16] | They’re EMT, let ’em through. | 他们是急救员 让他们过去 |
[01:17] | Come on, guys. We gotta move here. | 快点 伙计们 我们需要把他移下去 |
[01:20] | Come on, guys. | 大家加油 |
[01:22] | Block that window out. Block that window. | 挡住那扇窗户 挡住那扇窗 |
[01:25] | Give me a hand here. | 这里帮忙搭把手 |
[01:27] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[01:29] | You’ve gotta get out of here now. This fire is out of control. | 你现在就得离开这 火已经不受控制了 |
[01:31] | It’s okay, I’ve done this before. | 没关系 我之前经历过这种事情 |
[01:33] | Not like this, you haven’t. | 这跟别的事故不一样 你没经历过 |
[01:35] | Look out! | 小心 |
[01:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[01:43] | You should get out now. | 你现在应该离开这里 |
[01:45] | It’s very hard to get any real… | 获取现场真实情况报道十分困难 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1443个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:275个,六级词汇:139个,GRE词汇:134个,托福词汇:200个,考研词汇:286个,专四词汇:243个,专八词汇:47个, 所有生词标注共:459个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[01:47] | Ten seconds, Kate. | 十秒后开始报道 凯特 |
[01:48] | Yeah. Yeah, copy that. I’ll be ready. | 好的 收到 我马上做好准备 |
[01:50] | Just make sure you get that. Good. | 确保你发型没乱 很好 |
[01:54] | In five, four, three… | 倒计时五秒 四秒 三秒 |
[01:58] | Channel 12 News has obtained exclusive footage | 电视十二台新闻已经拍摄了独家镜头 |
[02:01] | of firefighters battling the blaze | 关于消防队员在布鲁克林的一间废弃仓库 |
[02:03] | at this abandoned warehouse in Brooklyn. | 奋力扑灭熊熊大火 |
[02:06] | New York City’s finest at the FDNY | 纽约消防队最优秀的消防队员们 |
[02:08] | have already pulled out eight people from the inferno. | 已经将八名被困者从大火中救出 |
[02:12] | And the operation continues. | 并且救援活动正在持续进行着 |
[02:14] | From Brooklyn, | 新闻来自布鲁克林 |
[02:14] | I’m Kate Bradley, | 我是凯特·布莱德利 |
[02:16] | Channel 12 News. | 电视十二台报道 |
[02:17] | Wow. None of the other stations have anything like that. | 哇 别的台可没有像这样的报道 |
[02:20] | Nice footage, Josh. | 好镜头啊 乔什 |
[02:22] | Don’t look at me. It was all Kate. | 看我干嘛 都是凯特的功劳 |
[02:24] | Ooh, and it’s getting a ton of views on our website. | 我们的网站浏览量暴增 |
[02:26] | Nice. | 干得漂亮 |
[02:27] | Kate, I just got off the phone with our legal department. | 凯特 我刚和我们的法务部通过电话 |
[02:30] | Want to guess what they said about your report from the scene? | 你想知道他们怎么评论你在现场的报道吗 |
[02:32] | Bravo? | 好极了 |
[02:34] | – Good job? – Try reckless and dangerous. | -干得不错 -鲁莽又危险 |
[02:36] | Our insurance doesn’t cover stunts like that. | 我们的保险可不保做危险表演的特技演员 |
[02:38] | Stunts? I mean, I call that being a reporter. | 特技演员吗 我称之为记者 |
[02:40] | It’s got to stop. | 这种危险行为该停止了 |
[02:41] | Well, they didn’t seem to mind | 我之前在布朗克斯坍塌的工厂里 |
[02:43] | when I got them that exclusive coverage | 给他们拿到了独家镜头 |
[02:45] | from inside the collapsed factory in the Bronx. | 对此他们似乎并不介意我的危险举动呢 |
[02:47] | No, no, you see, actually, I did mind. | 不不不 要知道 我实际上是在意的 |
[02:49] | Station management are going nuts with all the risks you’re taking. | 工作站的管理人员对于你冒的险大发雷霆 |
[02:51] | Well, they seem to like the ratings. | 呵呵 他们似乎只喜欢收视率 |
[02:53] | Knock it off, Kate. You hear me? | 少来这一套 凯特 听见了吗 |
[02:56] | Yeah, loud and clear, boss. | 听见了 清楚明了 老板 |
[02:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢理解 |
[03:01] | So you said 12 people rescued? | 所以你意思是十二个人被营救了吗 |
[03:04] | Can I call you back? Thanks. | 我能等会再给你回电话吗 谢谢 |
[03:09] | Hi, Dad. I saw your text, but I– | 嗨 爸 我看见你的短信了 但我 |
[03:11] | I saw your report from the warehouse fire. | 我看见你在仓库火灾的报道了 |
[03:13] | I was worried. | 我很担心你 |
[03:14] | It’s not like you to ignore my texts. | 忽视我的短信不像你的风格 |
[03:16] | I’m not ignoring you, Dad. | 我没不理你 爸 |
[03:18] | It’s been a busy day, | 今天实在太忙了 |
[03:19] | and I just got the fire investigator on the phone– | 我刚还在和火灾调查员打电话 |
[03:21] | It’s midnight and you’re still working? | 都半夜了你还在工作吗 |
[03:24] | Dad, I know you’re calling me from the office. | 爸 我知道你在办公室给我打电话 |
[03:28] | Well, that’s different. A senator’s work is never done. | 我们不一样 参议员的工作是无止境的 |
[03:31] | You know, I wish you’d consider reporting on politics | 你知道吗 我希望你可以考虑报道政务 |
[03:34] | instead of chasing fires and car crashes. | 而不是追着火灾和车祸报道 |
[03:37] | It’d be a lot safer. | 那样的话就安全多了 |
[03:38] | Safer, sure, but not nearly as exciting. | 是更安全 但是一点也不刺激 |
[03:41] | At least say you’ll join me for this fundraiser tomorrow. | 至少答应我明早的募捐你会来报道 |
[03:44] | Do you really need me there? | 你真的需要我过去吗 |
[03:46] | You know I don’t like political events. | 你知道我不喜欢政治事件 |
[03:48] | Yes, but I also know you love me. | 我知道 但我也知道你爱我呀 |
[03:51] | Come on, do your dad a favor. | 拜托 帮爸爸个忙吧 |
[03:53] | The donors love you. | 捐款人都很喜欢你 |
[03:54] | Besides, I haven’t seen your face in ages. | 另外 我也很久没看见你了 |
[03:57] | Dad, we FaceTimed yesterday. | 爸 我们昨天刚视频通话 |
[03:59] | Doesn’t count. | 那不算数 |
[04:02] | All right, all right. I will see you at the fundraiser. | 好吧好吧 明天募捐会见 |
[04:05] | Now get out of the office and stop worrying about me. | 现在离开办公室 别再担心我啦 |
[04:08] | – Okay. Good night. – Good night. | -好的 晚安 -晚安 |
[04:21] | Right off the top, we’ve got Susan’s interview with the mayor. | 过一会儿 苏珊要对市长进行采访 |
[04:24] | You good to go? | 你准备好出发了吗 |
[04:25] | His Honorable has pushed it to 3:00 p.M., | 他把采访推到下午三点了 |
[04:27] | but I’ll be ready. | 但是我会做好准备的 |
[04:27] | Good. Keep digging. Get the story first. | 很好 继续挖新闻 先把报道弄好 |
[04:30] | Alex, welcome. | 亚历克斯 进来 |
[04:31] | Hi, sorry. Train delay. | 嗨 抱歉 列车延误了 |
[04:33] | Next, we’ve got that bomb scare at Newark Liberty. | 接下来 纽瓦克机场有炸弹恐慌 |
[04:35] | Ed, I want you on this one. | 埃德 我想你跟进这条新闻 |
[04:37] | Already there. | 已经在跟进了 |
[04:37] | David, I covered that train derailment last March. | 大卫 去年三月我报道了火车脱轨 |
[04:40] | I stayed in contact with some of my sources at the Department of Transpo. | 我和一些交通部门的人还保持联系 |
[04:43] | Send them to Ed if you think they’d help. | 如果你认为那些有用就交给埃德 |
[04:45] | Great. | 太好了 |
[04:45] | I was thinking this could be my assignment. | 我在想这篇新闻可以由我来报道 |
[04:47] | Forget about it, Kate. | 别想了 凯特 |
[04:48] | Actually, this one’s for you. | 实际上 这条新闻是为你准备的 |
[04:49] | There was a call from a woman in the South Bronx | 有一条来自南布朗克斯的女人的来电 |
[04:51] | saying she found a bag on her porch. | 说她在屋子的走廊发现了一个包 |
[04:53] | She found a bag? | 她发现了一个包吗 |
[04:54] | Why aren’t we going live to air with this thing right now? | 我们为什么不现在讨论并播送这件事呢 |
[04:58] | The bag was full of cash. | 包里装满了现金 |
[04:59] | Who does she think it belongs to? | 她觉得这个包是谁的呢 |
[05:02] | She’s convinced it was given to her by a Good Samaritan. | 她确信这是一个好心人给她的 |
[05:04] | Sounds like a sweet story. | 听起来像段甜蜜的故事 |
[05:06] | You know, this could be a home run for Lauren. | 你知道的 这类新闻是劳伦的绝活 |
[05:09] | She’s great on soft news. No offense. | 她很擅长软新闻 无意冒犯 |
[05:10] | It’s what I do. | 这就是我的工作 |
[05:11] | Lauren’s on Ribfest. | 劳伦要准备排骨节的新闻 |
[05:13] | Okay. Well, I can follow up on the warehouse fire. | 好吧 我可以跟进仓库火灾的新闻 |
[05:16] | The fire’s out. | 那场火灾的新闻已经过时了 |
[05:16] | There’s nothing to follow up on. | 没什么可跟进的了 |
[05:18] | That’s it, people. Get out of here. Go find some news. | 以上 大家可以离开了 去找些新闻 |
[05:21] | David, what are you not telling me? | 大卫 你有什么没告诉我的吗 |
[05:23] | Execs don’t want you on any story that might explode, | 经理不想你参与任何可能涉及爆炸 |
[05:26] | implode, burst into flames, | 内爆 突发大火 |
[05:27] | or otherwise end up in an insurance claim. | 或者以保险索赔告终的报道中 |
[05:29] | Consider this a break from the bummer beat. | 把这次当做灾难性事件报道中的缓和吧 |
[05:32] | For how long? | 我要休息多久呢 |
[05:33] | We’ll see. For now, you’re on the Good Samaritan. | 再说吧 现在 你负责好心人事件 |
[05:39] | It’s barely news. | 这几乎不算新闻 |
[05:40] | A woman finds a bag of money. | 一个女人发现了一包钱 |
[05:41] | I mean, what’s next? | 然后下一条新闻是什么呢 |
[05:43] | A charity car wash? Parent-teacher conference? | 一次慈善洗车么 还是家长会啊 |
[05:45] | David’s not gonna keep you on local interest for long. | 大卫不会让你报道这类新闻太久的 |
[05:48] | – You’re one of his best reporters. – Thanks. | -你是他最棒的记者之一 -谢啦 |
[05:50] | But still, I mean, where’s the story? | 但还是那个问题 这新闻的真相是什么 |
[05:52] | What? You don’t buy the Good Samaritan angle? | 什么 你不信有好心人这一观点吗 |
[05:54] | I remain objective always. But no. | 我一般保持客观的看法 但这次我不信 |
[06:12] | Over here! | 我在这 |
[06:14] | There she is. Hi. | 她在那儿呢 嗨 |
[06:16] | You ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[06:18] | Please, come this way. | 请往这边来 |
[06:20] | I will let you in. | 我给你开门 |
[06:22] | It came in this bag, just like this. | 钱就在像这样装在这个包里 |
[06:25] | $100,000. | 十万美元 |
[06:27] | 100,000? | 十万美元吗 |
[06:30] | And, now, does this mean anything to you? | 现在 这包钱对你有什么特殊意义吗 |
[06:33] | No. | 没有 |
[06:35] | But I know there is someone out there looking over and helping us. | 但是我知道有人暗中观察并帮助我们 |
[06:40] | This has been a very hard time. | 这段时间非常难熬 |
[06:43] | My husband was laid off last winter. | 我丈夫去年冬天被解雇了 |
[06:46] | After that, we were evicted and… | 在那之后 我们被赶出原来的住处 |
[06:48] | we moved here. | 所以我们搬到了这里 |
[06:51] | Did it come with a note? Anything? | 这个包里除了钱还有便条或者别的东西吗 |
[06:53] | No note. | 没有便条 |
[06:54] | But I know why it happened. | 但我知道这一切为什么会发生 |
[07:00] | A miracle. | 这是一个奇迹 |
[07:02] | Si. This is why I called you here. | 是的 这就是我叫你来这的原因 |
[07:04] | I want everyone to know miracles happen. | 我想让所有人都知道这世上存在奇迹 |
[07:10] | You don’t believe in miracles. | 你不相信有奇迹发生 |
[07:12] | You cannot see everything with your eyes. | 你不能通过双眼看到世间发生的所有事 |
[07:16] | Sometimes… | 有时候 |
[07:17] | you have to look in here. | 你必须用心看 |
[07:19] | You know, it may be feel-good filler, | 你知道吗 这或许是令人愉悦的补白 |
[07:21] | but it does the trick. | 但它确实奏效了 |
[07:23] | Thanks. We should upload this segment, though. | 谢了 不过我们得上传这段新闻了 |
[07:25] | We go live in 20. | 我们在晚上八点就直播了 |
[07:27] | You still think it’s drug money, don’t you? | 你还是觉得这是笔毒品赃款 对吗 |
[07:29] | Or maybe a robbery. I don’t know. | 或者可能是抢劫赚来的钱 我也不清楚 |
[07:32] | Look, I just think it’s hard to believe | 听着 我只是觉得很难去相信 |
[07:34] | that there’s somebody out there doing good deeds and expecting nothing in return. | 真的有人在外做好事还不求回报 |
[07:38] | I don’t know. That’s kind of cynical. | 我不清楚 你这想法有点过于悲观了 |
[07:39] | I’m sure it happens all the time. | 我相信这种事情在不断发生着 |
[07:41] | Oh, yeah? | 哦 真的吗 |
[07:42] | Then why, in all of the time we’ve worked together, | 那为什么我们一起工作这么久了 |
[07:44] | have we never reported a story like this? | 我们从来没报道过像这样的新闻呢 |
[07:46] | What about that guy last Christmas? | 去年圣诞节那家伙呢 |
[07:48] | The one that was fixing people’s cars | 那个在商场停车场 |
[07:49] | in mall parking lots when they broke down. | 给车辆故障的人们修车的人 |
[07:51] | That story never aired. | 那条新闻根本没播送 |
[07:52] | You know why, right? | 你知道原因的 对吧 |
[07:53] | Because he had that weird toupee? | 因为他那奇怪的遮秃假发吗 |
[07:55] | What? No. | 什么 当然不是了 |
[07:56] | Because the guy disabled the cars to begin with | 因为这个人在车主逛街的时候 |
[07:58] | while the owners were shopping | 破坏了他们的车辆 使其无法启动 |
[08:00] | and then offered to fix them for a small donation. | 然后再主动提出帮忙修车这一善举 |
[08:03] | – Seriously? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[08:06] | This number eight… | 这个包上的数字八 |
[08:08] | maybe it’s a marketing gimmick. | 也许是一个营销噱头 |
[08:11] | Do you remember that– that, um, ride-share company | 你还记得那个 就是在华尔街 |
[08:13] | that handed out ten-dollar bills on Wall Street? | 分发十美元钞票的做拼车服务的公司吗 |
[08:15] | Sure. | 当然记得 |
[08:16] | That campaign cost them a quarter million dollars. | 那场活动花掉他们二十五万美元 |
[08:19] | Okay, but that campaign reached 25,000 people. | 是啊 但是那场活动有两万五千人参加 |
[08:22] | I mean, what company wants to so badly | 我意思是 哪有电视台想要拼命 |
[08:24] | win over Christina Gomez? | 拿下克里斯蒂娜·戈麦斯的新闻 |
[08:26] | Okay, so maybe not that. | 好吧 所以也许不是那样 |
[08:28] | All I’m saying is that whoever’s behind this, | 我只是想说不论是谁送的钱 |
[08:30] | they have a motive. | 肯定是有动机的 |
[08:32] | I am certain change can happen | 我确信变化会发生 |
[08:34] | because I am a product of it. | 因为我就是那个改变现状的人 |
[08:37] | In 1951, my grandfather, | 在1951年 我的爷爷 |
[08:39] | Harish Banerjee, | 哈里什·班尔津 |
[08:41] | moved his family and his engineering firm to New York City. | 带着他的家人和公司搬到了纽约 |
[08:46] | What was Banerjee Electronics in Calcutta | 过去加尔各答的班尔津电子公司 |
[08:49] | became Bradley Electronics in Queens. | 变成了皇后区的哈利电子公司 |
[08:53] | Harish became Harry, | 哈里什更名为哈利 |
[08:55] | but he remained the same man. | 但他还和以前一样 |
[08:57] | A man who came here not just to succeed, | 他来这不只是为了成功 |
[08:59] | but to give back. | 更为了回馈社会 |
[09:02] | In these uncertain times, | 在如今这个动荡的时代 |
[09:05] | it is tempting to be cynical, to be fearful, | 愤世嫉俗 恐惧 听起来很诱人 |
[09:08] | but together, | 但是我们联合起来 |
[09:10] | we can make change happen. | 我们就可以让世界发生变化 |
[09:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:21] | Inspiring as always, Dad. | 你的演讲一如既往地鼓舞人心啊 爸爸 |
[09:24] | But you got dressed in the back of your car again, didn’t you? | 但是你又在车后座换衣服了对吧 |
[09:27] | – You don’t miss a thing, do you? – Uh-uh. | -什么都瞒不过你呀 -嗯哼 |
[09:29] | Now, I want you to meet one of my donors. | 现在我想让你见见我的一位捐赠者 |
[09:31] | He’s, uh– he’s been asking about you. | 他嘛 他一直在询问你的事情 |
[09:33] | Seen you on TV. | 他在电视上看见过你 |
[09:34] | Don’t tell me. | 我才不信呢 |
[09:35] | Uh, he probably wants me to do a story on his business. | 他可能想让我为他的生意做篇报道 |
[09:38] | He already has enough publicity. | 他已经有足够高的人气了 |
[09:40] | He was just named Investment Alliance fund manager of the year. | 他刚被称为投资联盟的年度基金经理 |
[09:44] | Oh, so it’ll be an hour of me listening to him | 哦 所以我会用上一小时听他 |
[09:46] | boasting about his financial success. | 吹嘘他的经济成就 |
[09:48] | I don’t know why I’d talk about my work | 我不明白 你的工作那么有趣 |
[09:50] | when yours is so much more interesting. | 我为何还要谈论我的工作呢 |
[09:52] | Kate, meet, uh, Jack Hansen. | 凯特 这是杰克·汉森 |
[09:55] | Hi. Hi, Jack. | 嗨 你好杰克 |
[09:57] | Pleasure. | 很高兴见到你 |
[09:58] | I guess this means now I need to ask you about what you do | 那么 我现在得问问你是做什么的 |
[10:01] | to prove I didn’t prejudge you. | 来证明我之前对你没有偏见 |
[10:03] | And I’ll pretend to be flattered | 那我得假装被恭维了 |
[10:04] | but steer the conversation back to what you do, | 但是把话题引回你的工作上 |
[10:07] | like, uh, your report on the train derailment. | 比如 你对火车脱轨的报道 |
[10:09] | I couldn’t believe that you got that engineer | 我不敢相信你让那位工程师 |
[10:12] | to admit that he was texting and driving. | 承认了他在驾驶时发短信 |
[10:13] | Uh, well, he was not a bright man. | 啊 确实 他不是一个聪明人 |
[10:17] | I knew you two would get along. | 我就知道你们俩会很合拍 |
[10:19] | Do you mind if I leave you in Kate’s hands? | 你介意我失陪一下 让凯特陪你吗 |
[10:21] | Yeah, if it’s all right with her. | 当然不介意 如果她不介意的话 |
[10:23] | Sure. Thanks, Ashok. | 当然可以 谢谢 阿苏克 |
[10:24] | Bye, Dad. | 回头见 爸爸 |
[10:25] | So should we pick out the best spot to watch the political ritual unfold? | 要选个好位置来看这场政治庆典吗 |
[10:29] | Uh, for me, that would be the spot closest to the exit. | 对我来说 最好的位置是出口旁边 |
[10:33] | So no interest in politics? | 你对政治不感兴趣吗 |
[10:35] | Your dad wants you to move to Washington. | 你爸爸想要你搬去华盛顿特区 |
[10:38] | Oh, I am well aware, but no. | 我知道 但我不去 |
[10:40] | No way am I leaving New York. | 我不可能离开纽约 |
[10:42] | And plus, covering politics is just not my thing. | 另外 我并不报道政治方面的事 |
[10:45] | Why not? | 为什么呢 |
[10:47] | Breaking news is more direct. | 突发新闻更简单直接 |
[10:48] | It’s more honest. | 而且更真实 |
[10:49] | At least when people lie, or cheat, or steal… | 至少谎言 欺骗 偷窃 |
[10:52] | …they’re doing it out in the open. | 这些东西都是明面上的 |
[10:53] | – No time to make up a sound bite, huh? – Exactly. | -没功夫去编一段评论是吧 -没错 |
[10:58] | Oh, sorry. Uh… | 哦 抱歉 呃 |
[11:00] | The station just sent me a lead on | 电视台发了个线索给我 |
[11:02] | a story I’m working on. | 关于我负责的事件 |
[11:03] | I have to run. | 我得走了 |
[11:04] | Okay, well, let’s exchange numbers. | 好吧 我们交换一下号码吧 |
[11:05] | We could do dinner sometime. | 以便日后可以找时间吃个饭 |
[11:08] | Um, I’m flattered, but I have a rule. | 我很荣幸 但我有个原则 |
[11:11] | I don’t go out with anyone in my father’s political circle. | 我不跟任何我父亲政治圈子里的人约会 |
[11:14] | Why so? | 为什么呢 |
[11:15] | When you are the daughter of a senator, | 当你成为参议员的女儿 |
[11:17] | you never know what people’s motives are. | 你永远不知道别人接近你的动机 |
[11:20] | I like to think my motives are pretty clear. | 我觉得我的动机很明确 |
[11:23] | Dinner. | 请你吃饭 |
[11:24] | Sala Cucina. | 萨拉·卡齐纳餐厅如何 |
[11:25] | Oh, that’s a good restaurant, but sorry, the answer’s still no. | 不错的餐厅 但抱歉 我不能答应 |
[11:29] | It was really nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[11:34] | Hi, is this Marie Ellis? | 你好 是玛丽·爱丽丝吗 |
[11:36] | Yes. | 对 |
[11:38] | This is Kate Bradley with Channel 12 News. | 我是新闻12频道的凯特·布雷迪里 |
[11:40] | You called the station? | 你给我们台打过电话吗 |
[11:41] | I saw your report about | 我看到你们台关于 |
[11:42] | the woman who found the cash on her doorstep. | 某女子在门口楼梯捡到钱的报道 |
[11:45] | – I got the same thing. – Really? How much cash was it? | -我跟她一样 -真的吗 多少钱 |
[11:48] | $100,000. In the bag | 10万美元 装在一个袋子里 |
[11:49] | with the tilted number eight. | 上面写着一个斜着的8 |
[11:51] | Okay, where can I meet you? | 好的 我们约个地方见面聊 |
[11:53] | I’ll text you my address. | 我短信发给你地址 |
[11:55] | But if you bring a camera, I won’t open my door. | 别带相机 不然我就不开门了 |
[11:58] | Got it. I’m on my way right now. | 知道了 我准备过去 |
[12:02] | It’s real. | 这是真钱 |
[12:04] | Not counterfeit. | 不是假币 |
[12:06] | I found it in front of our door this morning. | 我今早在家门口发现的 |
[12:09] | Same bag and everything. | 和报道的一模一样 |
[12:10] | I thought it might be stolen, | 我以为这是被人偷的包 |
[12:12] | so I took it to the police, but… | 所以我把它交给警察 |
[12:13] | they say it doesn’t appear to be. | 他们说没有人报案 |
[12:16] | Who do you think could be behind this? | 你认为这是谁干的 |
[12:18] | I don’t know. I’m hoping you might tell me. | 我不知道 我是希望你能告诉我 |
[12:20] | I’m sorry, I have no idea. | 对不起 我也没有头绪 |
[12:24] | Look, I know the woman you interviewed thinks | 我知道你采访的那个女人认为 |
[12:26] | it’s a Good Samaritan. | 这是神秘慈善家的帮助 |
[12:29] | But we don’t exactly need the help. | 但我们并不需要这样的帮助 |
[12:33] | I’m an oncologist at Parkland Hospital. | 我是帕克兰医院的肿瘤科医生 |
[12:37] | So what are you planning on doing with the money? | 所以对这些钱你有什么打算 |
[12:40] | Pancreatic cancer research. | 用于胰腺癌的研究 |
[12:42] | All of it? | 全部吗 |
[12:44] | It’s an underfunded field. | 这是一个资金不足的领域 |
[12:45] | $100,000 will go a very long way. | 10万能帮助研究迈出很大的一步 |
[12:48] | And, sorry, why pancreatic cancer? | 多问一句 为什么选择胰腺癌 |
[12:52] | It takes people at a very young age, | 胰腺癌通常发病年龄低 病程短 |
[12:54] | often before they even get started. | 人们察觉到异样就已经晚了 |
[12:57] | It’ll get a lot of years back. A lot of potential. | 这方面的研究持续了很久 潜力很大 |
[13:00] | This could make a really compelling story. | 这是个非常引人瞩目的故事 |
[13:03] | Would you consider letting me interview you on camera? | 你能考虑下让我用相机采访你吗 |
[13:06] | This could draw a lot of attention to this research that you’re supporting. | 这也可以引起更多人关于这方面的关注 |
[13:11] | I like to keep my private life private, | 我更喜欢私人生活的保密 |
[13:14] | but maybe you could mention the cause I’m donating to. | 但你可以提到我捐赠的原因 |
[13:18] | Yeah, I’ll, um… | 好的 我会的 |
[13:20] | I’ll do my best. | 我尽量保密 |
[13:24] | Police just issued | 警方刚刚发布了 |
[13:25] | a warrant on a string of hold-ups, those bodegas in Queens. | 对皇后区的一连串杂货店抢劫案的通缉令 |
[13:28] | – Ed, that’s you. – Cool. | -埃德 你负责这个 -好的 |
[13:29] | News conference at ten to detail the manhunt. | 十点钟召开发布会发布行动的详细内容 |
[13:31] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[13:32] | Kate, thanks for coming. I’ve got a good one for you. | 凯特 感谢你来了 给你个好差事 |
[13:35] | City Hall just yanked the permits | 市政厅刚刚取消了 |
[13:36] | on that new high-rise in SoHo. | SoHo建新高楼的许可 |
[13:37] | What? They already broke ground. | 什么 他们已经破土动工了 |
[13:39] | The whole block is a pit. | 整个街区都已经开挖了 |
[13:40] | Well, something’s going on. | 嗯 肯定发生了什么 |
[13:41] | Kate, grab Josh and get me some footage. | 凯特 带上乔什 给我拍些照片 |
[13:43] | Actually, I wanna stay on the Good Samaritan story. | 其实 我想继续跟进神秘慈善家的报道 |
[13:45] | Yeah, that’s funny. | 是的 这个事很有趣 |
[13:46] | – Susan, I want you to– – No, I’m serious. | -苏珊 你负责 -不 我没开玩笑 |
[13:48] | A second woman called me last night. | 昨晚第二个女人打电话给我 |
[13:50] | She also found a bag of money on her porch. | 她也在门边发现了一袋钱 |
[13:53] | A hundred grand? | 也是10万吗 |
[13:53] | Yeah. Same amount, same bag, same number eight on the bag. | 是的 同样的钱 袋子 和数字8 |
[13:56] | – Does she know who it’s from? – No clue whatsoever. | -她知道谁给的吗 -完全没有线索 |
[13:59] | And she doesn’t even need the money. | 她甚至都不需要这些钱 |
[14:01] | You guys, she’s a doctor. She lives in a palace in Fort Greene. | 她是个医生 住在格林堡的豪宅 |
[14:04] | She’s donating it to cancer research. | 她把这些钱捐给癌症研究 |
[14:06] | – All of it? – Yeah. | -全部吗 -是的 |
[14:07] | You get the interview? | 她同意采访吗 |
[14:08] | She doesn’t want to appear on camera. | 她不想出现在镜头前 |
[14:10] | She wants to remain anonymous. | 她想匿名 |
[14:12] | Come on! Two identical bags of cash? | 两袋一摸一样的现金啊 大卫 |
[14:14] | David, you don’t think that’s strange? | 你不觉得奇怪吗 |
[14:16] | Yeah, but your second subject just clammed up | 没错 但是你的第二个对象是匿名的 |
[14:18] | and “something seems strange” is not news. | 而且看起来有点奇怪的事并不是新闻 |
[14:20] | But there is a story here. | 但这里面有故事 |
[14:21] | Maybe, but I can’t go to air | 也许吧 但是如果没有记录信息 |
[14:23] | without some on-the-record information. | 就不能公开报道 |
[14:25] | Kate… | 凯特 |
[14:26] | Hi. We just received a phone call | 我们刚接到一个电话 |
[14:27] | from a Jesse Durham on the Upper West Side. | 是上西区的杰西·杜尔汗打来的 |
[14:30] | He said he found a bag of cash, just like in your report, and… | 他说发现一袋现金 像你报道里的那样 |
[14:33] | he caught the guy on camera. | 摄像头拍到了那个人 |
[14:35] | He left the bag here, in front of my apartment door. | 他把包放在我公寓门前的这里 |
[14:39] | Caught him on the security camera right here in the lobby. | 大厅里的安全摄像头拍到了他 |
[14:42] | $100,000 is a lot of money. | 10万美元是一大笔钱 |
[14:44] | How will a gift like this change your life? | 你觉得这些钱能改善你的生活吗 |
[14:47] | A lot. | 帮了很大的忙 |
[14:48] | I hurt my back a while ago. It laid me up for, like, three months. | 我的背部刚刚受伤 这让躺了3个月 |
[14:52] | I’m back on my feet now, but it ate into my savings and then some. | 我现在恢复了 但也花光了我的积蓄 |
[14:56] | Can you think of anyone that would have wanted to help? | 你能想到有谁会这样帮你吗 |
[15:00] | That’s the thing. I never told anyone I needed the money. | 事实上 我从未告诉任何人我需要钱 |
[15:03] | How do you plan to spend it? | 这钱你打算怎么花 |
[15:04] | I’m gonna pay off my debts, | 我要还清我的债务 |
[15:06] | build my savings back up to where they were before the accident, | 把存款恢复到事故之前 |
[15:10] | and whatever’s left, I’m… | 不管剩下多少 我会 |
[15:12] | I’m gonna give to the food bank around the corner. | 捐到附近的那个食物赈济处 |
[15:14] | They were a real help to me when… | 当我面临困难的时候 |
[15:16] | when things got tough. | 他们真的帮了我很多 |
[15:18] | Will you leave it on their doorstep? | 你会把钱放到他们门边上吗 |
[15:20] | No, I think I’m gonna write them a check. | 不 我想我会给他们写一张支票 |
[15:24] | Security cameras at this Upper West Side building | 上西区的这栋楼的安全摄像头 |
[15:27] | captured a glimpse of the mysterious donor today | 今天拍到了这位神秘的捐助者 |
[15:30] | when he dropped a third bag to | 他正把第三个袋子放在 |
[15:31] | carpenter Jesse Durham, | 木匠杰西·杜尔汗的门口 |
[15:33] | just hours after a second bag was left at the home of | 几个小时前 他曾将第二袋钱放在布鲁克林 |
[15:36] | a Brooklyn resident, who wishes to remain anonymous. | 一位不愿透露姓名的住户家门口 |
[15:39] | Who is this Good Samaritan who has now given away $300,000? | 这位已经送出了30万的神秘慈善家是谁 |
[15:44] | From the footage, we can tell that he is male, | 从录像中我们可以看出他是男性 |
[15:47] | approximately six feet tall, | 大约六英尺高 |
[15:49] | but the rest remains a mystery. | 但其他的仍然是个谜 |
[15:52] | Kate Bradley, Channel 12 News. | 凯特·布拉德利 新闻12频道报道 |
[15:54] | Channel 12 welcomes your comments on Good Sam. | 对于神秘慈善家你怎么看 |
[15:58] | Check out our website at Channel12NewsNewYork.Com | 欢迎在我们的网站进行评论 |
[16:01] | Jack | 关于晚餐 希望你能改变主意 |
[16:02] | Someone we should know about? | 这人我们需要认识吗 |
[16:03] | Uh, not particularly, no. | 呃 不是特别的需要 |
[16:06] | Okay. Nice story tonight. | 好吧 今晚的故事不错 |
[16:08] | Well, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:10] | But you had more questions than answers, and that’s not gonna hold up. | 但是问题比答案多的故事是站不住脚的 |
[16:13] | You need to get some solid info on Good Sam. | 你需要得到一些关于神秘慈善家的可靠信息 |
[16:15] | Okay. I will have something solid for you by tomorrow. | 好的 明天我会给你一下可靠的信息 |
[16:17] | If you get stuck– | 如果你遇到困难 |
[16:18] | – No, I’m not stuck. – If you get stuck, | -不 不会的 -如果你遇到困难 |
[16:21] | we can bring Susan in. | 我们可以叫苏珊来帮忙 |
[16:23] | Good Sam is my story, David. | 神秘慈善家是我负责的 大卫 |
[16:25] | She might be able to help. | 她也许能帮上忙 |
[16:26] | I don’t need help. I got this. | 我不需要帮助 我能搞定 |
[16:52] | You’re in early. | 你来得挺早 |
[16:53] | Did you sleep here? | 你睡在这里了吗 |
[16:54] | I napped a little. I was working. | 我小睡了一会儿 我在工作 |
[16:57] | Listen, I think I found a really solid lead on Good Sam. | 听着 有一条很可靠的线索能找到神秘慈善家 |
[17:00] | I’m listening. | 你说 |
[17:01] | The people who found the money live all over the city, right? | 发现钱的人都住在城市里 对吧 |
[17:04] | They have completely different backgrounds and– and professions. | 他们的职业和背景完全不同 |
[17:07] | It seems totally random. | 看起来是随机选择的 |
[17:09] | In what world is that a solid lead? | 城市这么大可靠的线索是什么 |
[17:10] | It seems random, but then there’s this. | 看起来像随机的 但我发现了这个 |
[17:14] | The second and third recipients, | 第二和第三收到钱的人 |
[17:15] | Marie Ellis and Jesse Durham, | 玛丽和杰西 |
[17:17] | both found their homes through Inniswell Properties. | 他们都是通过家好地产找房的 |
[17:20] | Inniswell’s a big firm. | 家好是家大公司 |
[17:21] | Big enough that it could be a coincidence, | 大到这可能只是巧合 |
[17:24] | but then, this. | 但是 这个 |
[17:27] | Both Marie and Jesse | 玛丽和杰西都曾与同一房地产经纪人 |
[17:28] | worked with the same Realtor, Patrick Hayes. | 帕特里克·海斯合作过 |
[17:30] | He’s a partner at the firm. | 他是这家公司的合伙人 |
[17:32] | So all this is some big publicity stunt? | 所以这一切都只是某种大的宣传噱头吗 |
[17:34] | Get a load of this. | 听我说完 |
[17:35] | Back in May, Inniswell announced that they were going public. | 早在五月份 家好就宣布他们要上市 |
[17:38] | Patrick led the press conference. | 帕特里克主持了新闻发布会 |
[17:40] | Everything fell apart due to an internal crisis. | 但由于内部危机一切都功亏一篑了 |
[17:44] | Just last week, | 就在上周 |
[17:45] | the financial trades announced that the IPO is back on. | 金融交易公司宣布他们又要上市 |
[17:48] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[17:49] | Now, if you consider the amount of publicity | 如果你往宣传这方面想 |
[17:51] | that Inniswell would get as Good Sam, | 慈善家其实是家好的话 |
[17:53] | 300 grand’s a bargain. | 30万是个小数目 |
[17:55] | What about Hayes? Can he confirm or deny? | 海耶斯呢 他有表态吗 |
[17:56] | I haven’t been able to get in touch with him yet. | 我还没和他取得联系 |
[17:59] | So what’s your plan? | 你的计划是什么 |
[18:00] | I’m gonna show up at his office and ask Patrick Hayes | 我要去帕特里克的办公室让他承认 |
[18:03] | to admit his agenda for giving all this money away. | 这些钱其实是他给的 |
[18:06] | Do that and we’ll promote Good Sam | 就这样做我们会在中午的节目里 |
[18:08] | as a follow-up on our noon cast. | 好好宣传一下神秘慈善家 |
[18:09] | – Thanks, David. – Good work. | -谢谢 大卫 -好样的 |
[18:17] | Hi, I’m Kate Bradley with Channel 12 News. | 嗨 我是新闻12频道的凯特·布莱德利 |
[18:19] | I’d like to speak with one of your partners, Patrick Hayes. Is he in? | 我想和你的搭档帕特里克谈谈 他在吗 |
[18:23] | Can I ask what this is about? | 我能问问为什么吗 |
[18:24] | I’d rather tell him directly. | 我直接跟他说好了 |
[18:26] | Do you know when he’ll be in? | 你知道他什么时候在吗 |
[18:27] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[18:29] | Is that camera on? You’re not gonna put me on the news, are you? | 摄像机开着吗 你不会让我上新闻吧 |
[18:33] | Well, not if we can talk to Patrick Hayes, | 如果我们不是和帕特里克谈就不是开着的 |
[18:35] | but we’ve got to run something. | 但现在我们得拍点什么 |
[18:37] | I’m sorry, I’m– I’m just a temp. | 对不起 我只是个临时工 |
[18:39] | I started on Monday. | 星期一才来上班 |
[18:40] | All I know is, uh… | 我知道就值是 呃 |
[18:42] | I’m supposed to forward his mail. | 我会邮件转告他的 |
[18:45] | – Let me go ask. – Great. Thank you. | -让我去问一下 -很好 谢谢 |
[19:02] | This is where a partner in Inniswell Properties lives? | 这就是家好地产的合伙人住的地方吗 |
[19:05] | No kidding. | 不开玩笑 |
[19:06] | If he’s a land baron, he sure hides it well. | 如果他是一个土地大亨 他肯定很低调 |
[19:08] | – It should be this one. – Yeah. | -确实是这样 -是啊 |
[19:16] | Hi, I’m Kate Bradley. | 嗨 我是凯特·布莱德利 |
[19:18] | We’re with Channel 12 News. | 我们是新闻12频道 |
[19:20] | Yeah, we met, actually. | 实际上我们见过 |
[19:22] | The other day at the Brooklyn warehouse fire. | 前几天布鲁克林仓库发生火灾 |
[19:26] | That was you? | 那是你吗 |
[19:28] | Hey. You took a big risk for a shot | 当时你冒了很大的险 |
[19:30] | on the 11 o’clock news. | 为了拍一张上11点新闻的照片 |
[19:32] | Well, that’s what we do, right? | 这就是我们该做的 对吧 |
[19:34] | Both got to get close to the fire to do our jobs. | 都是为了工作而至于危险之中 |
[19:36] | Yeah, except one of us had state-of-the-art fire protection | 没错 不过我们中一个有先进的消防设备 |
[19:39] | and the other one had a camera. | 另一个有摄像头 |
[19:41] | Uh, my camera, actually. | 实际上是我的相机 |
[19:43] | Okay, but did you see the footage? | 好吧 但是你看录像了吗 |
[19:45] | I mean, you pulled three people out in ten minutes. | 你在十分钟内从火灾现场救了3个人 |
[19:48] | It was unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[19:50] | Look, if you’re here for an interview or something, | 听着 如果你是来采访或者什么的 |
[19:52] | you’ve gotta go through the FDNY press office. | 你得去纽约消防局新闻办公室 |
[19:54] | Actually, we’re here about Good Sam. | 其实我们来这是为了神秘慈善家 |
[19:57] | Good who? | 谁 |
[19:59] | In the last 24 hours, | 在过去的24小时里 |
[20:01] | three people have each found 100 grand in cash on their doorsteps. | 三个人都在家门口发现了10万现金 |
[20:05] | We’re looking for the anonymous Good Samaritan behind it. | 我们正在寻找背后的匿名好心人 |
[20:08] | Okay, and how can I help? | 好吧 我能帮什么忙吗 |
[20:10] | Well, for starters… | 嗯 首先 |
[20:12] | are you Good Sam? | 你是好心人吗 |
[20:14] | No. | 不 |
[20:16] | But, uh, I’d like to know why you came all the way down here to ask me that. | 但是我想知道为什么你跑来这问我这个 |
[20:19] | Two of the three people who found the money | 找到钱的三个人中 |
[20:22] | got their homes through Inniswell Properties. | 两个通过家好地产找到自己的房子 |
[20:26] | Yeah, I think you got your wires crossed. | 我猜你找错人 |
[20:28] | Patrick Hayes used to be a partner at Inniswell Properties. | 帕特里克曾经是家好地产公司的合伙人 |
[20:31] | I’m his brother, Eric. | 我是他的兄弟 艾里克 |
[20:34] | Um, wait. He used to be a partner? | 等等 曾经是合伙人吗 |
[20:37] | Yeah, he died five months ago. | 对 他五个月前去世了 |
[20:40] | I’m so sorry. I-I had no idea. | 对不起 我不知道 |
[20:45] | Well, I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more help. | 很抱歉我帮不上更多忙了 |
[20:50] | If you, uh– if you think of anything, you can call me … | 如果你想起什么 可以给我打电话 |
[20:54] | – Anytime. – Sure. | -随时打 -没问题 |
[20:58] | Good luck with your story. | 祝你报道顺利 |
[21:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[21:06] | What? | 干嘛 |
[21:12] | – Never thought I’d see it. – See what? | -没想到我还能看到这一幕 -什么 |
[21:15] | You are rock solid | 你采访警察局长或者市长的时候 |
[21:16] | when you’re interviewing the police chief or the mayor, but… | 就像石头一样强硬 但是 |
[21:20] | when you were talking to Eric Hayes… you were flustered. | 你跟艾力克说话的时候却很紧张 |
[21:23] | I was not flustered. I’m never flustered. | 我没有紧张 我从来不紧张 |
[21:25] | You were pretty flustered. | 你相当紧张 |
[21:27] | – No. – Flustered. | -没有 -紧张 |
[21:29] | Look at Kate. She is flustered! | 看看 凯特紧张了 |
[21:33] | Hello? | 你好 |
[21:34] | Hello. Have I reached the talented Kate Bradley? | 你好 请问是才华出众的凯特·布莱德利吗 |
[21:37] | This is Kate. Who’s this? | 我是凯特 您是哪位 |
[21:38] | Jack Hansen. | 杰克 汉森 |
[21:40] | How are you this morning? | 你今天早上怎么样 |
[21:42] | I see you didn’t let the fact | 看来我不给你电话号码 |
[21:44] | that I never gave you my number stop you. | 也没能阻止你 |
[21:46] | Oh, I have top secret ways to get that confidential information. | 我有绝密的手段来获得这样的秘密情报 |
[21:51] | Is it someone by the name of Senator Ashok Bradley? | 是一个叫做参议员阿苏克·布莱德利的人吗 |
[21:55] | Any chance you might reconsider having dinner with me? | 你能不能重新考虑一下我的晚餐邀请 |
[21:57] | Or shall I tell my skywriter pilot | 还是我应该让喷气飞机 |
[22:00] | to fly over Channel 12 and write out an invitation? | 飞到12频道上空写下我的邀请 |
[22:03] | Hmm, an invitation by skywriter would be original but, uh, overboard. | 喷气飞机的邀请很有创意 但是过火了 |
[22:09] | I’ve been thinking about your rule | 我在想 你定下原则 |
[22:11] | of not dating anyone in your father’s political circle, | 不跟你父亲政治圈子里的任何人约会 |
[22:15] | and… does it extend to donors? | 也包括捐赠人吗 |
[22:18] | ‘Cause, I mean, I’m just a lowly hedge fund manager | 我只不过是一个想跟你共进晚餐的 |
[22:21] | trying to take you out for dinner. | 低端的对冲基金经理而已 |
[22:25] | Sure. Why not? | 好吧 就这么定了 |
[22:27] | Great. | 太好了 |
[22:28] | I’ll swing by the station, pick you up at seven? | 我七点经过电视台去接你 |
[22:31] | Seven it is. See you then. | 那就七点 到时见 |
[22:33] | Sounds good. See you then. | 很好 到时见 |
[22:36] | There. See? | 看到了吗 |
[22:38] | I’m going out with someone else. | 我要跟其他人约会了 |
[22:39] | Yeah, but you weren’t the least bit flustered. | 好吧 但是你一点都没紧张 |
[22:42] | Whatever. | 随你说吧 |
[22:44] | Oh. We gotta go to Staten Island. | 我们得去一趟斯塔滕岛了 |
[22:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[22:49] | David’s orders, via text. | 大卫的指示 他发了短信 |
[22:51] | David can text? | 大卫会发短信 |
[22:52] | He’s learning. | 他在学嘛 |
[22:54] | “Goop Wam made another muddy drop.” | 神秘慈善家又扔了一袋 盐 |
[22:58] | – Another one? – Same bag, same cash. | -又一袋 -一样的袋子 一样的钱 |
[23:01] | And this time, he left a note. | 而且这次他还留了一张字条 |
[23:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:08] | Good Sam is the man that everyone in New York is talking about, | 在纽约 每个人都在谈论神秘慈善家 |
[23:11] | and yet his identity remains a mystery. | 但他的身份现在依然是个谜 |
[23:14] | Kate Bradley reports from Staten Island, | 凯特从斯塔腾岛发回报道 |
[23:17] | where a paralegal found $100,000 today, along with a note. | 一名律师助理今天捡到十万美元和一张字条 |
[23:21] | What did the note say? | 字条上写了什么 |
[23:24] | “This is for you to go to law school.” | 这是给你上法学院用的 |
[23:27] | Do you want to go to law school? | 你想上法学院吗 |
[23:29] | It’s been my dream my whole life. | 这是我一直以来的梦想 |
[23:32] | I’ve been a paralegal for ten years. | 我已经做了十年律师助理了 |
[23:35] | You hang around lawyers that long… | 你在律师身边待了那么久 |
[23:38] | you kind of wonder what it’d be like to be the boss. | 你就会想知道做老板是什么滋味 |
[23:40] | The recipient says she was accepted… | 受惠者说她已经被录取 |
[23:42] | – You look nice. – Thanks. | -你打扮得真好看 -谢谢 |
[23:43] | – Where are you going? – Um, just out. | -上哪去呀 -出去一下 |
[23:45] | – Okay. Good night. – Good night. | -好吧 晚安 -晚安 |
[23:47] | We asked who might have heard about this life-long dream. | 我们问到有谁听说过她一直以来的梦想 |
[23:50] | Just about everyone I know. | 我认识的人基本都知道 |
[23:53] | But no one has $100,000 to give me. | 但没有人能给我十万美元 |
[23:55] | Thank you, Kate. | 谢谢 凯特 |
[23:58] | My dad still doesn’t understand | 我爸还是理解不了 |
[24:00] | why I chose to go to journalism school | 为什么我没有像他那样上法学院 |
[24:02] | instead of law school like he did. | 而是学了新闻 |
[24:03] | Yeah, but… | 是啊 但是 |
[24:05] | I know that your dad is very proud of you. | 我知道你爸爸很为你骄傲 |
[24:08] | He’s slowly warming up to this whole reporter thing. | 他正在慢慢接受我做了记者这件事 |
[24:11] | He likes the Good Sam stories I’m doing. | 他喜欢我正在做的神秘慈善家的报道 |
[24:13] | Wow. Everywhere I go, I keep hearing about this Good Sam. | 我走到哪里都能听到神秘慈善家的事情 |
[24:18] | Oh, I can’t believe the numbers we’re getting | 我简直无法相信 报道一个人做好事 |
[24:21] | on a story about someone doing good. | 竟然能带来这么高的收视率 |
[24:23] | – Really? – Yeah. It’s crazy. | -真的吗 -对 真是疯了 |
[24:27] | Speaking of good, this is what they’re famous for here. | 说到这个 这是他们这里拿手菜 |
[24:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:38] | I’m not usually a dessert fan, but, wow, that is incredible. | 我平时不太喜欢甜品 但这个太好吃了 |
[24:42] | See? And you never would have known | 看 如果你不突破一下约会原则 |
[24:43] | if you hadn’t bent your dating rule. | 你就不会知道这个 |
[24:47] | I’m glad you did. | 你能这样做我很高兴 |
[24:49] | You know, I had almost forgotten that I met you at that fundraiser. | 我差点忘了我是在筹款活动上认识你的 |
[24:53] | I hope it’s not just the peach cobbler speaking. | 我希望你不是吃了黄桃派才这样说的 |
[24:56] | It is not just the peach cobbler speaking. | 不仅仅是因为黄桃派啦 |
[24:58] | But if you thought I was gonna share this with you, | 但如果你以为我会跟你分着吃 |
[25:01] | you’re sadly mistaken. | 那你可就想错了 |
[25:03] | So I’m gonna order my own now? | 所以我现在要自己点一份了 |
[25:04] | – Yeah, I think that’s best. – Okay. | -对 这样最好了 -好吧 |
[25:07] | Interest in Good Sam continues to grow, | 人们对于神秘慈善家的好奇不断增长 |
[25:10] | with all five boroughs abuzz with these random acts of generosity, | 五个行政区都在热议这些随机的善行 |
[25:14] | who could be behind them, | 它们的背后究竟是谁 |
[25:16] | and when and where the next bag of money might appear. | 下一袋钱何时何地才会出现 |
[25:19] | If I had $100,000, I’d move out of my parents’ house | 如果有十万美元 我就可以搬出父母家 |
[25:22] | and get a sweet apartment downtown. | 在市区租一间舒适的公寓了 |
[25:24] | If I had $100,000, | 如果我有十万美元 |
[25:26] | I would pay off mine and my daughter’s student loans, | 我就把我和女儿的学生贷款都还了 |
[25:30] | and then I’d take us both to Hawaii. | 然后和她一起去夏威夷 |
[25:32] | We received thousands of phone calls, emails, and videos | 成千上万来自观众的电话 邮件和视频 |
[25:36] | in response to our reporting, | 对我们的报道作出了回应 |
[25:38] | like this one from Sylvia, one of our youngest viewers. | 其中一个视频来自我们的年轻观众西尔维娅 |
[25:42] | Hi, Good Sam. My name is Sylvia. I hope you see this. | 你好 神秘慈善家 我叫西尔维娅 希望你能看到这个 |
[25:46] | My mommy is really sick, | 我妈妈病得很重 |
[25:48] | and we need your help for some medicine she needs. | 我们需要你的帮助 才能给她买药 |
[25:50] | Could you choose our family next? | 你下一次能选择我们家吗 |
[25:53] | Still, there are no leads on Good Sam’s identity. | 现在依然没有线索指向神秘慈善家的身份 |
[25:56] | The question at the top of every New Yorker’s mind, | 神秘慈善家 你到底是谁 |
[25:58] | Good Sam, who are you? | 这个问题萦绕在每一个纽约人的心头 |
[26:01] | Any new leads on Good Sam’s identity? | 有关于神秘慈善家身份的新线索吗 |
[26:03] | Oh, how’d that Realtor thing work out? | 对了 那个房产经纪人怎么样了 |
[26:05] | Dead end, just like everything else. We know who he’s not. | 已经死了 无所谓了 我们知道他不是了 |
[26:07] | Yeah, we spoke to a bunch of charities and foundations. | 对 我们问了一帮慈善组织和基金会 |
[26:10] | They all said that no reasonable non-profit | 他们都说有脑子的非营利机构 |
[26:13] | would ever operate this way. | 绝对不会有这种操作 |
[26:14] | We even called an FBI profiler. | 我们甚至找了FBI的分析师 |
[26:16] | Any insights? | 有什么见解吗 |
[26:18] | Just that we have no idea who Good Sam is. | 我们还是不知道神秘慈善家是谁 |
[26:21] | Look, he might seem like Santa Claus or some other benevolent figure, | 他看上去像是圣诞老人或其他仁慈的角色 |
[26:25] | but the profiler said it’s just as likely | 但分析师说这些行为背后的驱动力 |
[26:27] | that something darker, even dangerous, is motivating this. | 也有可能是阴暗的 甚至危险的 |
[26:30] | Kate, there’s a man here asking for you. | 凯特 有个男的找你 |
[26:32] | He says he’s Good Sam. | 他说他是神秘慈善家 |
[26:34] | What does he look like? | 他长什么样 |
[26:36] | Mid-thirties, maybe six foot-ish. | 三十好几岁 身高大概六英尺 |
[26:38] | Matches Jesse Durham’s security footage. | 跟杰西的监控录像吻合 |
[26:41] | Um… yeah, tell him I’ll be right there. | 好的 告诉他我马上就来 |
[26:45] | So, Tyler, is It? | 你是泰勒对吧 |
[26:48] | Good Sam. | 神秘慈善家 |
[26:50] | Uh, tell me how you got all this money to give away. | 说说你送出去的这些钱是哪里来的吧 |
[26:53] | I built an app for this little company | 我给一家小公司开发了一个APP |
[26:56] | and it got sold to a giant company. | 然后它被一家大公司收购了 |
[27:00] | And, um, why are you doing all this? | 那你做这些事的原因是什么呢 |
[27:02] | I wanted to do an anonymous social experiment for good. | 我想做一个关于善意的匿名社会实验 |
[27:07] | To share my wealth with random strangers. | 跟随机出现的陌生人分享我的财富 |
[27:10] | Isn’t that what we should all be doing? | 因为这是我们所有人应该做的 |
[27:12] | Sure, yeah. | 当然 没错 |
[27:14] | And, um, how did you choose your recipients? | 那你是怎么挑选受惠者的呢 |
[27:17] | I wrote some code | 我写了一些代码 |
[27:18] | that would randomly select residential addresses in New York City. | 可以在纽约随机抽取住宅地址 |
[27:22] | Ah. And why this way, though? | 那为什么选择这种方式呢 |
[27:25] | You know, leaving $100,000 on people’s doorsteps. | 我是说 把十万美元放在别人家门口 |
[27:28] | I found it was a creative way to do it. | 我觉得这种方式很有创意 |
[27:32] | It is, isn’t it? | 你觉得没错吧 |
[27:34] | Are we doing the interview in there, at the– the news desk? | 我们是在里面做采访吗 在播报台那儿 |
[27:38] | Uh, I need to collect some facts first. | 我还要先了解一些情况 |
[27:40] | Because everybody knows I’m him. | 因为所有人都知道我就是他 |
[27:42] | I mean, that’s why they’re all looking at me. | 所以他们都在看着我 |
[27:46] | A few days ago, you left $100,000 for a woman | 几天前 你给一个女人留了十万美元 |
[27:49] | so she could go to law school. | 让她去上法学院 |
[27:51] | What was her first name again? | 她叫什么名字来着 |
[27:55] | I… | 我 |
[27:56] | Sorry, I– I can’t remember every detail. | 对不起 我记不得那么多细节 |
[27:58] | It’s okay. Take a moment. | 没关系 想一想 |
[28:00] | I never mentioned her name in any of my reports, | 我没在任何报道中提过她的名字 |
[28:02] | so you’d be the only one to know. | 所以你应该是唯一知道的人 |
[28:04] | Remind me, what is her name? | 提醒我一下 她叫什么来着 |
[28:07] | Is it, um, Elizabeth Haywood? Is that it? | 是伊丽莎白·海伍德 对吗 |
[28:11] | Yeah, that’s it. | 对 没错 |
[28:12] | That’s– that’s her name. I remember now. | 她就叫这个 我想起来了 |
[28:16] | Her name was Faith. | 她的名字叫费丝 |
[28:18] | How could you forget someone’s name who you just gave $100,000? | 你给了她十万美元 怎么会忘了她名字 |
[28:32] | I think this Good Sam is inspiring hope. | 我觉得这个神秘慈善家点燃了希望 |
[28:36] | Times like these, people need it. | 这年头 大家都需要这个 |
[28:39] | I just keep wondering what he hopes to gain by all this. | 我一直在想他到底想从中获得什么 |
[28:41] | Well, is it possible that he doesn’t expect anything? | 有没有可能他什么都不想要呢 |
[28:46] | That’s pretty unlikely. | 不太可能 |
[28:48] | The problem is he stopped giving. | 问题是他现在停下来了 |
[28:51] | I mean, biggest story of my career and it looks like it might be over. | 我职业生涯中最大的报道可能就要结束了 |
[28:55] | Not one single money drop yesterday. | 昨天一分钱也没有放出来 |
[28:58] | I have a feeling you’ll find a way to keep it going. | 我有预感你能找到办法让它继续下去 |
[29:01] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢爸爸 |
[29:03] | Any chance you’ll come with me to the mayor’s house tonight? | 你今晚能跟我一起到市长家去吗 |
[29:07] | I know, I know. You can’t stand political events, | 我知道 你受不了政治活动 |
[29:11] | but you seemed to enjoy the last one. | 但你上次好像也挺开心的 |
[29:14] | The last one was not awful, I’ll admit. Yeah. | 我承认 上次确实不算糟糕 |
[29:18] | Could it be because of Jack Hansen? | 是因为杰克 汉森吗 |
[29:21] | Our brief conversation wasn’t dull. | 我们简短的谈话还不算太无聊 |
[29:24] | You shouldn’t hold the fact that he’s one of my donors against him. | 你不要因为他是我的捐赠人就觉得他不行 |
[29:29] | He’s a… He’s a smart guy. | 他是个聪明的家伙 |
[29:31] | A lot of smart guys in New York, Dad. | 爸 在纽约聪明的家伙多的是 |
[29:33] | And ambitious, like you are. | 而且有雄心壮志 跟你一样 |
[29:37] | And when you’re not busy chasing news stories, | 你什么时候不用忙着抢新闻了 |
[29:41] | you might like to get to know him better. | 也可以试着多了解一下他 |
[29:45] | We’ll see. | 看情况吧 |
[29:46] | Okay? | 行不 |
[29:50] | So, Christina, a week ago, you received $100,000 from an anonymous donor. | 克里斯蒂娜 一周前你收到了匿名捐赠的十万美元 |
[29:55] | Can you tell us what’s happened since then? | 你能告诉我们在这之后发生了什么吗 |
[29:58] | I would say that Good Sam changed my life forever. | 可以说神秘慈善家永远地改变了我的生活 |
[30:02] | And not just because I’m able to take care of my family | 并不仅仅是因为我能够照顾家庭 |
[30:05] | and buy a few new things, | 能够买点新的东西了 |
[30:07] | but because of how he changed me. | 还因为他改变了我 |
[30:09] | And how’s that? | 怎么说 |
[30:12] | He made me see that I could help others. | 他让我看到我可以帮助别人 |
[30:14] | Like my neighbor. You know? | 比如说我的邻居 |
[30:16] | She takes three buses to get to her job. | 她上班要转三趟公交车 |
[30:19] | So, I decided why don’t I help her like Good Sam helped me? | 所以我决定帮助她 像神秘慈善家帮助我那样 |
[30:26] | So I went out and I bought her a car. | 于是我就去给她买了辆车 |
[30:29] | You bought her a car? | 你给她买了辆车 |
[30:32] | I gave it to her this morning. | 我今天早上送给她了 |
[30:33] | Her whole family cried. | 他们一家人都哭了 |
[30:36] | And me… | 而我呢 |
[30:38] | I’ve never been happier about anything I’ve done. | 我从来没有做过这么让我开心的事情 |
[30:42] | So getting this gift from Good Sam | 所以神秘慈善家的礼物 |
[30:44] | inspired you to give to someone else? | 让你学会了为其他的人付出 |
[30:47] | It’s spreading. | 它在传播 |
[30:49] | Like miracles do. | 就像奇迹一样 |
[30:55] | I can’t believe Christina used her money to buy a car for a stranger. | 我不敢相信克里斯蒂娜用自己的钱给陌生人买了辆车 |
[30:58] | Yeah. And that Marie gave all her stash to some charity? | 那个玛丽也把所有的钱都捐给了慈善机构 |
[31:01] | Yeah. To pancreatic cancer research at her hospital. | 对 捐给她那个医院做胰腺癌研究 |
[31:04] | She texted me. | 她发短信告诉我了 |
[31:05] | Apparently, their donations have tripled | 据说 我们在报道中提过之后 |
[31:07] | since we mentioned it in the news. | 人们的捐赠涨到了以前的三倍 |
[31:10] | It’s like Good Sam’s generosity is contagious. | 就好像神秘慈善家的善行能够传染一样 |
[31:15] | Here we go. | 又来了 |
[31:17] | Hey, David. We’re headed back right now. | 大卫 我们正在回去的路上 |
[31:19] | – Are you still in the Bronx? – Yeah, why? | -你们还在布朗克斯吗 -对 怎么了 |
[31:21] | Police scanner said there’s a construction worker | 警方截听器显示有一名建筑工人 |
[31:23] | dangling off the side of the Hope Watson building. | 悬挂在荷普·沃特森大厦上 |
[31:25] | Your van’s the closest. | 你的车离那里最近 |
[31:26] | – Can you be live in three? – Three minutes? | -三分钟之内能到吗 -三分钟 |
[31:28] | It’s a news van, not a time machine. | 这是一辆新闻车 不是时光机 |
[31:29] | I heard that, Josh. I want eyeballs on this one. | 我听到了 乔什 我记住这句话了 |
[31:32] | The fire department can’t reach him with ladders, | 消防队用梯子接近不了他 |
[31:34] | so they’re gonna send someone from the roof. | 所以他们得从楼顶进行援救 |
[31:35] | My FDNY source says it’s | 纽约消防局的消息来源说 |
[31:37] | the rescue one team from station 72. | 救援一队是72号站 |
[31:39] | 72? Who’s the rescuer? | 72号 谁是救援人员 |
[31:40] | Uh, Eric Hayes, but don’t say his name on the air. | 艾瑞克·海耶斯 但不要公开他的名字 |
[31:56] | – Looks like we’re first on the scene. – Great. | -看来我们是第一个到现场的 -很好 |
[31:59] | Calling my guy at the fire station. | 打给消防队里我认识的人 |
[32:00] | David, are you seeing this? | 大卫 你看到图像了吗 |
[32:03] | We’re gonna go live in ten seconds. | 我们十秒钟后开始直播 |
[32:05] | Stand by, Kate. | 站开点 凯特 |
[32:06] | Keep your phone up, and I’ll feed you info as it comes in. | 电话别挂 一有信息我就告诉你 |
[32:08] | In five, four, three… | 五 四 三 |
[32:12] | We are live in the Bronx | 我们正在布朗克斯进行现场直播 |
[32:14] | where a construction worker repairing brickwork | 一个建筑工人在进行墙砖修理 |
[32:17] | now finds himself trapped, hanging over a hundred feet above ground. | 却被困100多英尺高的地方 |
[32:21] | FDNY are attempting a daring rescue here, | 纽约消防局正尝试一个大胆的营救方案 |
[32:23] | sending a lone firefighter rappelling down the side of the building. | 派一名消防队员用绳索从大楼顶端降下来 |
[32:27] | The worker is trying to– | 这名工人正试图 |
[32:32] | The worker has slipped. | 他滑倒了 |
[32:34] | He is now clinging to the edge of his scaffolding, | 正紧抓着脚手架的边缘 |
[32:36] | surely panicked it won’t hold his weight much longer. | 他肯定是惊慌失措快要坚持不住了 |
[32:41] | Okay, it looks like the rescuer’s got him. | 看起来营救人员抓住了他 |
[32:44] | He’s attaching him to his harness. | 正把他系在安全带上 |
[32:48] | And it looks like they’re okay. | 看起来他们没事了 |
[32:51] | Another astonishing rescue from our heroes at the FDNY. | 纽约消防局的英雄们又一次惊险的援救 |
[32:56] | Big sighs of relief here in the South Bronx. | 南布朗西斯的居民总算松了一口气 |
[32:59] | Go to a stand-up wrap-up, and get me an interview for the six o’clock cast. | 做个总结然后为6点的节目安排个采访 |
[33:03] | A perilous situation, a dangerous rescue. | 危险的情况 危险的救援 |
[33:07] | A New York City construction worker will go home safe to his family, | 纽约市一名建筑工人能安全地回家 |
[33:11] | thanks to a hero at the FDNY. | 多亏了纽约消防局的一位英雄 |
[33:14] | Reporting live from the Bronx, I’m Kate Bradley, | 我是12频道新闻的凯特·布莱德利 |
[33:17] | Channel 12 News. | 布朗克斯现场报道 |
[33:21] | – He said he doesn’t do interviews. – Sit tight till I talk him into it. | -他说不接受采访 -我先跟他谈谈吧 |
[33:28] | Um, excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[33:30] | I’m looking for Eric Hayes. | 我在找艾瑞克·海耶斯 |
[33:31] | Could you let him know that Kate from Channel 12 News is here, please? | 你能告诉他12频道的凯特来了吗 |
[33:34] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[33:37] | Hayes is in, but he’s not talking to reporters. | 海耶斯在 但他不跟记者说话 |
[33:39] | -Oh– – Hey, George, it’s all good. | -哦 -嘿 乔治 我来跟她说 |
[33:43] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[33:44] | Hi. | 你好 |
[33:46] | – I was at the construction worker rescue. – Again? | -我在营救工人的现场 -又一次 |
[33:49] | We’ve gotta stop meeting like this. | 我们不能再这样见面了 |
[33:53] | I’m really glad you’re okay. | 我真的很高兴你没事 |
[33:54] | Yeah. Looks more impressive than it is. | 看起来上次更令人印象深刻 |
[33:57] | You know, we’re pretty well-trained. | 我们训练有素 |
[33:59] | Yeah, but it must be hard putting your life on the line every day. | 但是每天都要在绳索上爬也是挺幸苦的 |
[34:03] | I like knowing I’m making things better, you know. | 我喜欢做好事的感觉 |
[34:05] | See, that’s exactly why you should do an interview. | 所以这就是你应该接受采访的原因 |
[34:10] | Look, I cover the bummer beat every single day. | 我每天都在报道灾难事件 |
[34:13] | Sorry, the what? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[34:15] | You know, um, disaster, murder, violence, the things that go wrong. | 灾难 谋杀 暴力 越轨行为 |
[34:20] | But today, I watched you take something that had gone horribly wrong.. | 但今天 我看到你碰到一个糟糕的局面 |
[34:24] | and you made it right. | 然后你把它扭转过来的 |
[34:26] | And when that happens… | 当这种情况发生时 |
[34:28] | viewers need to see that. | 观众需要看到这个 |
[34:31] | I feel like you can talk anyone into an interview. | 我觉得你可以说服任何人接受采访 |
[34:35] | Just not today. | 但今天不行 |
[34:36] | You’re not gonna convince me. | 你说服不了我 |
[34:40] | Well, can I ask why? | 我能问一下为什么吗 |
[34:43] | You ask a lot of questions. | 你问了很多问题了 |
[34:44] | Well, I am a reporter. It’s kind of what we do. | 我是个记者 这是我们要做的 |
[34:48] | We can’t all be heroes like you, you know. | 我们不能像你一样成为英雄 |
[34:50] | I’m not a hero. I’m just doing my job. | 我不是英雄 这只是我的工作 |
[34:52] | You know, I’m at work right now, just like you. | 我只是和你一样 在工作 |
[34:55] | Right. | 没错 |
[34:57] | So, really, no interview? | 所以 真的 拒绝采访吗 |
[35:00] | My editor’s gonna kill me. | 我的主编会杀了我的 |
[35:03] | No. | 不 |
[35:05] | But maybe we should do this again sometime, | 但也许我们约个时间再谈谈 |
[35:07] | you know, without the emergency vehicles. | 没有这些消防车 |
[35:13] | Um, yeah. Yeah, I’d like that. | 好吧 可以 |
[35:16] | Oh, sorry. | 哦 对不起 |
[35:17] | Yeah? | 可以吗 |
[35:18] | Central Park? I got Sunday off. | 中央公园可以吗 我星期天休息 |
[35:20] | Yeah. Yeah, Sunday– Sunday works great. | 好的 星期天 星期天可以 |
[35:22] | I’m so sorry, I have to go. This is my editor. | 对不起 我得走了 主编的电话 |
[35:24] | Apparently Good Sam is giving away money again. | 很明显 神秘慈善家又在放钱了 |
[35:28] | Really? Where? Uh… | 真的吗 在哪 |
[35:30] | Sunnyside and Lenox Hill. | 阳光城和莱诺克斯山 |
[35:33] | You really can’t be Good Sam, can you? | 你真的不是神秘慈善家 对吧 |
[35:35] | I’ve had eyes on you all day. | 我一整天都看着你呢 |
[35:37] | Okay, I’ve got to go. | 好了 我得走了 |
[35:38] | I’ll see you on Sunday. | 星期天见 |
[35:40] | – I’ll text you. – Great. | -我会你发短信的 -好的 |
[35:48] | Hey, Lauren said that you– | 嘿 劳伦说你 |
[35:50] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么事 |
[35:54] | We got scooped. | 我们被人抢了先机 |
[35:55] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -没错 |
[35:58] | That woman in Sunnyside who found a hundred grand… | 阳光城那个发现十万的女人 |
[36:01] | Channel 3 just reported it an hour ago. | 一小时前第3频道报道了 |
[36:03] | – You’re kidding? – Mm-hmm. | -别跟我开玩笑 -没错 |
[36:05] | The family in Lenox Hill… | 还有莱诺克斯山那个 |
[36:07] | Channel 9 just reported that on their six o’clock cast. | 第9频道刚刚在6点节目报道了他们 |
[36:10] | – But you sent me to that building rescue. – No, no. | -但你派我那栋大楼报道营救 -不 |
[36:13] | The news sent you. | 消息发给你了 |
[36:14] | And you knocked it out of the park. | 但你忘到九霄云外 |
[36:17] | Kate… | 凯特 |
[36:19] | you were meant for the bummer beat. | 你注定要报道灾难事件 |
[36:21] | That’s your thing. | 这是你的事 |
[36:23] | Fires, car crashes, Black Friday riots at the mall. | 火灾 车祸 黑色星期五商场的骚乱 |
[36:26] | This Good Sam story, not so much. | 这个神秘慈善家新闻 就到这吧 |
[36:29] | Is this supposed to be some kind of pep talk, ’cause I’m not– | 你不应该说些安慰的话吗 因为我没 |
[36:32] | Management wants a bigger name on this. | 管理层希望在这方面有更大的影响力 |
[36:37] | They want Susan. | 他们想要苏珊来做 |
[36:39] | On my story? | 做我的新闻 |
[36:41] | Come on, Kate. You know how this works. | 好了 凯特 你知道为什么 |
[36:43] | Every other station has their most senior reporter on it, | 每个台都是用最资深的记者来做这一块 |
[36:46] | and Susan does have 15 years’ experience– | 苏珊有15年的工作经验 |
[36:48] | And an Emmy Award. I know. I get it. | 还有艾美奖 我知道 |
[36:51] | But I’m the one that broke this story, remember? | 但我才是发掘这个事件的人 记得吗 |
[36:54] | Please just give me some more time. I will find Good Sam. | 请再给我点时间 我会找到神秘慈善家的 |
[36:57] | It’s a done deal. | 已经定了 |
[37:00] | Susan’s out covering the latest drop-offs. | 苏珊去报道最新的消息 |
[37:04] | Look… | 听着 |
[37:05] | Send her your notes. | 把你手头的工作交接给他 |
[37:07] | I’ve got you at 10:00 a.M. in Queens, | 今天上午10点皇后区 |
[37:09] | covering the garbage strike deadline. | 你去报道垃圾工人罢工 |
[37:11] | Garbage strike. | 垃圾工人罢工 |
[37:12] | Wow. | 哇 |
[37:14] | It’ll be an easy day. You could use it. | 这这任务不难 好好利用时间 |
[37:17] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[37:20] | Kate… | 凯特 |
[37:23] | There’s a bigger story out there for you. | 还有一个更大的新闻交给你 |
[37:27] | Damn it. | 妈的 |
[37:30] | Good Sam struck again today. | 神秘慈善家今天又出现了 |
[37:32] | New York City’s mysterious philanthropist left $100,000 cash | 纽约神秘的慈善家将10万美元现金 |
[37:36] | on a lucky family’s doorstep in Queens. | 放在皇后区的一位幸运住户家门口 |
[37:39] | This is the seventh gift from New York City’s Good Sam. | 这是神秘慈善家在纽约的第七次善举了 |
[37:42] | Do we have to listen to Susan’s report on our story? | 一定要听苏珊报道我们的新闻吗 |
[37:44] | – It’s killing me. – I know. | -听着难受 -我知道 |
[37:46] | From Hunters Point, Queens, I’m Susan Andrews… | 我是苏珊 安德鲁 皇后区猎人角报道 |
[37:49] | Wait, Hunters Point? | 等等 猎人角 |
[37:51] | – What’s up? – Well… | -怎么了 -嗯 |
[37:53] | the first four Good Sam gifts were left all over the city, but… | 前四个礼物都放在城市里 但是 |
[37:58] | Look. | 看 |
[38:00] | These last three were close together. | 最后三个是挨得很近 |
[38:02] | David took you off Good Sam. | 大卫不让你做了 |
[38:04] | I’m allowed to be curious. | 我也可以好奇啊 |
[38:06] | Consider this my new hobby. | 把这看作是我的新爱好 |
[38:11] | What is it? | 怎么说 |
[38:14] | Just a text message from someone claiming to be Good Sam. | 只是个自称神秘慈善家的人发的短信 |
[38:19] | What’s it say? | 上面说了什么 |
[38:20] | Seriously? I’m sure it’s just another fake. | 认真吗 我肯定又是一个假货 |
[38:25] | “Dear Kate, I want to set the record straight about who I am | 亲爱的凯特 我想直接告诉你我是谁 |
[38:28] | and why I’ve been giving away substantial sums of money.” | 以及为什么我一直在捐大量的钱 |
[38:34] | “I’m willing to reveal myself to you, and only you, | 我愿意跟你见面 但只有你一个人 |
[38:36] | a reporter I know I can trust.” | 你是我能信任的记者 |
[38:41] | I mean, we’ve heard this before. | 这种话我们听多了 |
[38:43] | Lots of guys out there claiming to be Good Sam. | 很多人都声称自己是个神秘慈善家 |
[38:48] | “If you’d like proof that I’m Good Sam, | 如果你想要我证明 |
[38:51] | go see John Baylor at 225 Watson in Astoria. | 去 阿斯托里亚225号见约翰·贝勒 |
[38:55] | I left $100,000 on his front porch an hour ago.” | 我一小时前在他家的门口放了10万美元 |
[38:59] | Okay, but seriously, I’m sure reporters all over the city got this text. | 说真的 我猜整个纽约的记者都看过了 |
[39:03] | Yeah, sounds pretty spammy to me too, | 我也觉得是垃圾信息 |
[39:06] | but Watson Street in Astoria is right near Hunters Point. | 但沃森街就在猎人角附近 |
[39:10] | – Is it? – Mm-hmm. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[39:13] | You know what? You’re right. It is. | 你说的对 确实在 |
[39:15] | So then, what are we waiting for? | 那么 我们在等什么呢 |
[39:17] | Let’s go see what’s on John Baylor’s front porch. | 去看看约翰·贝勒的门口有什么 |
[39:30] | – Which one did you say it is? – I think it’s across there. | -你觉得是哪一栋 -可能是马路对面 |
[39:33] | So you’re really sure about this, huh? | 所以你确定吗 |
[39:35] | – I just have a hunch. – A hunch that we’re gonna get murdered? | -我只是有预感 -预感我们会遇害吗 |
[39:38] | It’s broad daylight. What’s the worst that could happen? | 现在是白天 能发生什么糟糕的事 |
[39:40] | Famous last words. | 最经典的遗言 |
[39:46] | Hi. John Baylor? | 你好 你是约翰吗 |
[39:47] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:48] | I’m from Channel 12 News. | 我来自新闻12频道 |
[39:50] | Yeah, I know who you are. | 是的 我知道你是谁 |
[39:51] | You’re the second surprise to show up on my front porch today. | 你是今天第二个出现在我家门口的惊喜 |
[39:54] | By that, do you mean you also found a bag with a stack of cash in it? | 你的意思是你还发现了一个袋子现金吗 |
[39:57] | Yeah, it was– | 是的 |
[39:59] | Wait, how did you know? | 等等 你咋知道的 |
[40:00] | I just got home 20 minutes ago. | 我20分钟前刚到家 |
[40:02] | We, um… | 我们 |
[40:04] | We’re just that good. | 我们就是这么凑巧 |
[40:06] | Would you be willing to do an interview for the news? | 你愿意接受新闻采访吗 |
[40:08] | Yeah, but you’ll want to talk to Sylvia. | 是的 但是你得跟西尔维亚聊聊 |
[40:11] | Sylvia! | 西尔维亚 |
[40:12] | She’s the reason why Good Sam chose us. | 她是神秘慈善家选我们的原因 |
[40:14] | – Honey. – Hi. | -宝贝 -你好 |
[40:15] | Hi, how are you? | 嗨 你好吗 |
[40:17] | I’m good. And you? | 我很好 你呢 |
[40:18] | Good, thanks. Would you guys like to come in? | 不如你们进屋聊吧 |
[40:20] | Oh, yeah, thank you. | 哦 好的 谢谢 |
[40:21] | Right this way. | 进来吧 |
[40:24] | My wife is really sick. | 我妻子病得很重 |
[40:26] | There’s a treatment, but, um, our insurance doesn’t cover it. | 有一种治疗方案 但是医保不报 |
[40:29] | So, my daughter, she said, | 所以我女儿说 |
[40:31] | “Daddy, can we make a video for Good Sam?” | 爸爸我们拍一段视频给神秘慈善家吧 |
[40:34] | And Sylvia, why did you decide you wanted to send a message to Good Sam? | 西尔维亚你为什么想要给他拍视频呢 |
[40:39] | I wanted him to help my mommy. | 我想让他帮我妈妈 |
[40:41] | Then I made a video on my phone, | 然后我用手机上录了一段视频 |
[40:42] | and we posted it on the Channel 12 site. | 发到了12频道的网站上 |
[40:44] | Yeah, and I was on the news just like you. | 我跟你一样上新闻了 |
[40:47] | That’s right. You were. | 确实是 你上新闻了 |
[40:49] | If Good Sam were watching right now, what would you like to say to him? | 如果他在看电视 你想对他说些什么 |
[40:56] | Good Sam… | 神秘慈善家 |
[40:59] | you’re giving us back some hope… | 你给我们带来了希望 |
[41:01] | some plans for our future, when… | 带来了对未来的憧憬 |
[41:04] | we really thought we were out of both. | 本来我以为她要离我而去了 |
[41:08] | Thank you. | 感谢你 |
[41:09] | Thank you, Good Sam. | 谢谢你 神秘慈善家 |
[41:14] | We had to make sure the lead was legit before we brought it to you. | 我们带回来你看之前就确认过这是合法的 |
[41:18] | You’re gonna run it, right? I mean, that kid. Like, come on. | 你会播的对吧 这小孩多可爱 |
[41:21] | It’s good, all right? It’s good. | 这很好 非常不错 |
[41:24] | But this is Susan’s story, | 但这是苏珊的新闻 |
[41:25] | and this is not gonna go over well with station management. | 但管理层那边肯定不好说话 |
[41:28] | David, we are the only station that has this story, for now. | 大卫 我们是目前唯一跟进这个新闻的台 |
[41:32] | All right, fine. I’ll run it. | 好的 我会播的 |
[41:34] | But in case I wasn’t clear before, | 我再重申一次 |
[41:37] | you get any more leads, you bring them to her. | 如果又更多的线索 告诉苏珊 |
[41:39] | – Okay, but what if Good Sam doesn’t– – Kate, Kate… | -好吧 但如果神秘慈善家 -凯特 |
[41:41] | Kate, please, just– just do what I ask you. For once? | 求你了 就按我说的做 一次也好 |
[41:49] | What are you looking at? | 你瞅啥 |
[41:54] | He’s fun. | 他真有意思 |
[41:57] | It was good. It was good. It was very good. | 很好 做的不错了已经 |
[42:05] | My dad and I actually raced a boat here once. We took seventh place. | 我爸爸和我在这赛过一次船 得了第七 |
[42:09] | No kidding. I probably saw you there. | 不开玩笑 我可能在这见过你 |
[42:11] | When my brother and I weren’t out sailing with my dad, | 当我和弟弟不跟爸爸一起出海时 |
[42:13] | we were here racing boats. | 我们就在这里赛艇 |
[42:15] | We built our own models every winter to race the next summer. | 我们每年冬天都制作自己的模型来参加下一个夏天的比赛 |
[42:18] | Wait, you built them? | 等等 你制作的 |
[42:20] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[42:21] | Fancy. | 真不错 |
[42:22] | Do you still sail? | 你还在玩船模吗 |
[42:23] | Ah, no, not anymore. | 啊 不 不玩了 |
[42:26] | Um, so, tell me about kid Eric. | 嗯 那么 告诉我关于小艾瑞克的事 |
[42:28] | Was he as obsessed with fire trucks as he was boats? | 他像沉迷于船一样沉迷于消防车吗 |
[42:32] | Well, yeah. Every kid dreams of being a firefighter. | 嗯 是的 每个孩子都梦想成为一名消防员 |
[42:35] | I’m just one of the lucky grown-ups who got to be. | 而我只是一个运气好的大人 |
[42:38] | I’m not sure everyone would describe a job | 我不确定每个人都会认为 |
[42:40] | where you have to risk your life daily to save strangers as “lucky.” | 每天冒着生命危险去救陌生人是一份幸运的工作 |
[42:45] | All right. Maybe not lucky, then. | 好吧 也许并不幸运 那么 |
[42:47] | Useful… works. I like knowing that I’m useful. | 有用的 工作 我喜欢知道我很有用 |
[42:52] | That and the ability to cook at work. | 以及在工作中做饭的能力 |
[42:55] | Kid Eric also loved his toy kitchen. | 小艾瑞克也喜欢他的厨房玩具 |
[42:57] | Oh, really? | 哦 真的吗 |
[42:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[42:58] | Nice. | 不错 |
[43:00] | I mean, if you’re free sometime this week | 我是说 如果你这个星期有空的话 |
[43:02] | I’d love to cook you dinner. | 让我做顿晚饭给你吧 |
[43:04] | A home-cooked meal? I will not say no to that. | 一顿家常菜吗 我不会拒绝的 |
[43:07] | Ooh, sorry. | 哦 不好意思 |
[43:11] | Everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[43:13] | Yeah, sorry. Um, it’s just another text from Good Sam. | 是的 对不起 嗯 这只是神秘慈善家的另一条短信 |
[43:16] | Another text? | 另一个短信 |
[43:18] | Yeah, he texted me yesterday with an address | 是的 他昨天给我发了一个有地址的短信 |
[43:21] | for the money that he left for a family in Astoria. | 是他留给在阿斯托利亚的一家人的钱 |
[43:24] | You didn’t go, did you? | 那你去了吗 |
[43:25] | Josh and I went. | 乔什和我去了 |
[43:26] | And the lead panned out. The money was there and everything. | 结果就是所有东西和钱都在那 |
[43:30] | What does this one say? | 这个怎么说 |
[43:31] | “Uh, now that you know I’m Good Sam, | 嗯 现在你知道我是神秘慈善家了 |
[43:33] | meet me at nine tonight on level 5A of the parking lot at Center and White | 今晚九点在停车场的白色中心的5A层见我 |
[43:38] | Come alone and don’t bring cameras.” | 单独来不要带相机 |
[43:41] | Why would he want a reporter to come alone without cameras? | 为什么他想让一个不带摄像机的记者单独来 |
[43:44] | Oh, I have met sources in some pretty sketchy places, trust me. | 哦 我见过更难搞的情况 相信我 |
[43:48] | Yeah, but still, somebody who gives away this kind of money | 是啊 但还是 有人给了这些钱 |
[43:51] | would either want to keep it completely quiet | 要么就是想完全保持安静 |
[43:53] | or meet you someplace safe for a proper interview. | 要么见你就是为了找个好地方做足了采访 |
[43:56] | I-I don’t know, I don’t trust this guy. I wouldn’t go if I were you. | 我 我不知道 我不相信这个人 我要是你我就不去 |
[44:00] | But he’s my story. I have to know who he is. | 但他是我的新闻 我得知道他是谁 |
[44:03] | And plus, he’s changing things. | 而且 他在改变一些事情 |
[44:05] | I mean, he’s making people want to help others. | 我是说 他正使人们想去帮助彼此 |
[44:10] | All right. If you insist on meeting this Good Sam… | 好的 如果你坚持要见这个神秘慈善家 |
[44:14] | at least let me come with you. | 至少让我和你一起去 |
[44:16] | Thanks, but I’ll be fine. | 谢谢 不过我会没事的 |
[44:19] | Come on, let me do this. | 来吧 让我来跟你去吧 |
[44:20] | He won’t know | 他不会知道我在那 |
[44:21] | but I’ll be there, making sure you’re safe. | 但我会在那里 确保你的安全 |
[44:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[44:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[45:01] | You all right? | 你还好吧 |
[45:03] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[45:04] | I’m here. | 我在这里 |
[45:05] | I haven’t taken my eyes off you for the past ten minutes. | 在过去的十分钟里我一直看着你呢 |
[45:09] | Um, I’m really glad you’re here, | 嗯 我真的很高兴你能来 |
[45:11] | wherever that is. | 无论那是哪 |
[45:13] | Look, don’t worry, Kate. I won’t let anything happen to you. | 听着 别担心 凯特 我不会让你出任何事的 |
[45:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[45:20] | Uh… he’s late. | 嗯 他迟到了 |
[45:22] | I’m worried he’s not gonna show at all. | 我担心他根本不会出现 |
[45:27] | Oh, hey, I think that’s him. I gotta go. Okay. | 哦 嘿 我想那是他 我得走了 可以 |
[45:41] | Jack? | 杰克 |
[45:44] | Good Sam. | 神秘慈善家 |
[45:46] | Sorry I’m late. | 对不起 我迟到了 |
[45:47] | Wait. you’re Good Sam? | 等等 你是神秘慈善家吗 |
[45:49] | Why didn’t you just come out and tell me? | 你为什么不直接告诉我 |
[45:52] | Uh… | 呃 |
[45:53] | I can– I can explain everything, just not here. | 我可以 我可以解释一切 只是不在这里 |
[45:57] | Can we go talk somewhere else? | 我们能去别的地方谈谈吗 |
[45:59] | Sure. | 当然 |
[45:59] | Hey! Is everything okay? | 嘿 一切都好吗 |
[46:00] | What the hell do you think you’re doing? | 你他妈的以为你在干什么 |
[46:02] | Oh, it’s okay. Jack, this is Eric Hayes. | 哦 没关系 杰克 这是艾瑞克·海耶斯 |
[46:05] | Kate, I asked you to come alone. | 凯特 我让你一个人来 |
[46:06] | Are you Good Sam? | 你是神秘慈善家吗 |
[46:07] | All you need to know is that she’s completely safe with me. | 你只需要知道她和我在一起是绝对安全的 |
[46:10] | It’s okay. Jack’s a friend of my dad’s. I know him. | 没关系 杰克是我爸爸的朋友 我认识他 |
[46:15] | All right, we gotta go. | 好了 我们得走了 |
[46:17] | We’re blocking this guy, so… | 我们挡住后面这家伙了 所以… |
[46:18] | I’ll call you. | 我会打给你的 |
[46:36] | Eight’s always been my lucky number, | 八一直是我的幸运数字 |
[46:38] | and on the eighth of this month, I made $800,000 on an investment. | 在这个月八号 我从投资里赚了80万美元 |
[46:42] | Even I wasn’t expecting it. | 连我自己都没想到 |
[46:44] | So I figured if it just fell into my lap, | 所以我想如果它就这样掉进我的口袋 |
[46:47] | why not someone else’s? | 为什么不能是别人的 |
[46:49] | And how did you choose the people you wanted to help? | 你是如何选择你想帮助的人的 |
[46:52] | Like Christina Gomez. | 像戈麦斯一样 |
[46:53] | I just kept my ears open. | 我只是用心倾听 |
[46:55] | My assistant goes to church with Christina, | 我的助手和克里斯蒂娜一起去教堂 |
[46:57] | and then I saw Sylvia Baylor’s video on your report. | 然后我看到你报导关于西尔维亚 贝勒的录像 |
[47:01] | But why all the secrecy? | 但为什么要保密呢 |
[47:03] | I mean, why not just give them the money | 我是说 为什么不直接把钱给他们 |
[47:05] | and tell them who it’s from? | 并告诉他们是谁给的 |
[47:06] | I didn’t want the attention. | 我不想引起注意 |
[47:08] | You know, that’s why I hired someone to drop off the money. | 你知道 这就是为什么我要雇人去送钱 |
[47:12] | And what about the text messages to me? | 那给我的短信是怎么回事呢 |
[47:16] | When I saw that they gave Susan Andrews your Good Sam story, | 当我看到他们让苏珊讲你的神秘慈善家新闻 |
[47:21] | I thought if I got in touch with you directly, | 我想如果我直接和你联系 |
[47:23] | then you could get your story back. | 然后你可以把你的新闻拿回来 |
[47:25] | But now everyone’s talking about Good Sam, | 但现在大家都在谈论神秘慈善家 |
[47:28] | and I keep expecting a reporter to… | 我也一直期待着一个记者去… |
[47:30] | burst into my office with a camera crew. | 带着摄制组冲进我的办公室 |
[47:34] | I’m in way over my head here, Kate. | 凯特 我的头快撑不住了 |
[47:39] | I’m– I’m kind of hoping that you can help me figure out… | 我 我希望你能帮我弄明白 |
[47:42] | what to do next. | 我下一步该怎么做 |
[47:45] | I think what you should do next | 我想你下一步应该做的 |
[47:47] | is try to get ahead of the story. | 是试着去把这个新闻做的更好 |
[47:50] | You should let me interview you. | 你应该让我采访你 |
[47:53] | No. | 不 |
[47:54] | No, I really don’t want to be a story. | 不 我真的不想成为一个新闻 |
[47:57] | Look, if you go public and tell people why you did this, | 听着 如果你把你做的这件事公开 |
[48:01] | the story can go back to being about helping people, | 这个新闻可以帮助人们 |
[48:04] | instead of this mystery around who is Good Sam. | 而不是关于谁才是好心人的谜底 |
[48:08] | You really think that’ll help? | 你真的认为这会有帮助吗 |
[48:10] | I do. | 是的 |
[48:11] | And I think it’ll inspire people. | 我还认为这会激励人们 |
[48:17] | Okay. | 可以 |
[48:23] | I trust you. | 我相信你 |
[48:24] | Okay, great. | 好的 太好了 |
[48:26] | I’ll need proof, of course. | 当然 我需要证据 |
[48:28] | Copies of the statements of the windfall you’re talking about, | 刚刚你所说的那笔意外之财的账单副本 |
[48:31] | withdrawals– | 取款证明 |
[48:31] | Yeah, I’ll, uh, email you everything tonight. | 没问题 今晚我会邮件发给你一切 |
[48:36] | Great. | 太好了 |
[48:41] | I know who Good Sam is. | 我知道谁是神秘慈善家 |
[48:43] | Go on. | 继续 |
[48:44] | His name is Jack Hansen. | 他叫杰克·汉森 |
[48:45] | He runs a hedge fund called Northern Lights Investments. | 他经营一家名为北光投资的对冲基金 |
[48:48] | He made about $800,000 last month on a stock deal | 他上个月在股票交易中赚了80万美元 |
[48:51] | no one else thought to make. | 这是谁都没想到的 |
[48:53] | Says he decided to give it away. | 他说他决定放弃 |
[48:55] | Got any solid evidence? | 有确凿的证据吗 |
[48:56] | He’s the one that gave me the tip about the money being at John Baylor’s house. | 他是那个告诉我钱在约翰·贝勒家的人 |
[49:01] | Okay, but does that prove it’s him? | 好吧 但这能证明是他吗 |
[49:03] | No, but this might. | 不 但也许这个可以 |
[49:08] | His financial records. | 他的财务记录 |
[49:10] | Look here. | 看这儿 |
[49:11] | The day before this all started | 在这一切开始的前一天 |
[49:13] | before Christina Gomez found the money | 在克里斯蒂娜找到钱之前 |
[49:15] | Jack Hansen withdrew $400,000 from his account, all at once. | 杰克从他的账户中一次性取出了40万美元 |
[49:20] | Then here, again, the day before the fifth bag appears, | 在这里 在第五个袋子出现的前一天 |
[49:24] | Hansen withdraws another $400,000. | 杰克又提取了40万美元 |
[49:27] | I mean, that’s gotta be more than just a coincidence. | 我的意思是 这不仅仅是巧合 |
[49:29] | That’s what you said about the dead Realtor. | 你就是这么说那个死去的房地产经纪人的 |
[49:32] | Okay, but this time I’m sure I’m right. | 好吧 但这次我确信我是对的 |
[49:34] | David, he wants to give me an exclusive interview. | 大卫 他想让我做一个专访 |
[49:38] | Any evidence you didn’t get from Hansen himself | 还有任何你没有从杰克身上得到 |
[49:40] | that you can corroborate with another source? | 与另一个证言相证实的证据吗 |
[49:42] | Other than the Baylor tip, no, | 除了贝勒的线索 没有 |
[49:44] | but if we wait, | 但若我们这么等着 |
[49:44] | he could take the story elsewhere. | 他可能把这个故事带到别处去 |
[49:47] | Say yes and I will sit down with Hansen right away. | 你答应了我马上就能和杰克进行专访 |
[49:51] | I can’t do it. | 我没法答应 |
[49:53] | Station management will come down on me hard | 电台管理会让我很难办 |
[49:55] | if I go with you and not Susan for something this big. | 如果我和你一起去做这么大的事而不是苏珊 |
[49:58] | You know what? This story is not just about Jack Hansen. | 你知道吗 这个新闻不光关系到杰克·汉森 |
[50:02] | This story is about how Channel 12 | 这个新闻是关于12频道 |
[50:04] | was the first station to find Good Sam, | 是怎样第一个找到神秘慈善家的电台 |
[50:07] | a man that everyone has been looking for. | 一个每个人都在寻找的人 |
[50:09] | And I am the only one that can tell that story. | 而我是唯一可以讲那个故事的人 |
[50:16] | Jack, what inspired you to do this? | 杰克 是什么激励你这么做的 |
[50:20] | I wanted to help the workers. | 我想帮助工人 |
[50:23] | Regular people who work two jobs to put a roof over their families’ heads, | 普通人要打两份工才能养活他们的家人 |
[50:28] | who pay taxes while living paycheck to paycheck. | 一边交税一边为生活开销而苦恼 |
[50:30] | They’re working longer and harder these days and… | 如今他们更长时间更努力地工作而且 |
[50:34] | they should not be forgotten. | 它们不应该被遗忘 |
[50:36] | So why come forward now? | 那为什么现在站出来呢 |
[50:39] | Um, many people were claiming to be me. | 嗯 很多人都要求我站出来 |
[50:42] | I just wanted to set the record straight about what I wanted to accomplish. | 而我只是想记录下来我想要完成的事情 |
[50:46] | And what is that? | 那是什么呢 |
[50:48] | I wanted to lend a hand in the best way that I could… | 我想以我能做到的最好方式去帮助 |
[50:53] | to… | 为了 |
[50:54] | the soldiers in our everyday lives. | 那些维持生活稳定的士兵 |
[50:58] | The people who keep our factories open, | 那些保证我们工厂运转的工人 |
[51:01] | who teach our kids in school. | 那些在学校教育我们孩子的老师 |
[51:04] | Without those people… | 没有那些人… |
[51:07] | our city could not function. | 我们的城市将不能正常运转 |
[51:09] | They deserve our support. | 他们值得我们的支持 |
[51:11] | Thank you, Jack. | 谢谢你 杰克 |
[51:14] | I’ve been speaking with Jack Hansen, | 我和杰克 汉森谈过 |
[51:16] | Manhattan hedge fund manager who says he’s Good Sam, | 他是一位曼哈顿对冲基金经理的好心人 |
[51:20] | the man behind the anonymous cash gifts being left on New York City doorsteps. | 一个匿名在纽约藏钞票礼物的男人 |
[51:24] | Over to you, Chuck. | 交给你了 |
[51:26] | And we’re out. | 我们结束啦 |
[51:29] | That’s it. Wrap it up. Let’s move it over, guys. | 就是这样 把它包起来 让我们把它挪过去 伙计们 |
[51:32] | Good story. Next set up. | 好故事 下一个准备 |
[51:35] | So did you get, uh, everything you wanted? | 你得到了你想要的一切吗 |
[51:37] | Oh, yeah. You couldn’t have been better. | 哦 当然 你再好不过了 |
[51:40] | So I just got off the phone with the network, | 所以我刚和组织通了电话 |
[51:42] | and they want a special report for their national broadcast. | 他们想要一份全国广播的特别报道 |
[51:45] | The story’s going national tonight? | 今晚的故事是全国性的吗 |
[51:47] | Yep. Uh, you better lay low | 是的 呃 你最好低调点 |
[51:49] | because, come six o’clock tonight, you’re gonna be a very famous man. | 因为 过了今晚六点你就要成为一个名人啦 |
[51:52] | Ah, I’ll make sure to enjoy my remaining anonymity. | 啊 我会好好享受我最后的普通人时光 |
[51:56] | This is a great thing you’re doing here, Jack. | 杰克 你今天做的很棒 |
[51:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[52:01] | Uh, okay. I’m not ready for this day to be over. | 呃 好吧 我还没准备就这样结束 |
[52:05] | What do you think about grabbing something to eat? | 你觉得我们去吃点东西怎么样 |
[52:07] | Sure. But you should keep a low profile tonight, like David said. | 当然 但是你今晚应该保持低调 就像大卫说的 |
[52:10] | Do you know anywhere kind of out of the spotlight? | 你知道有什么地方不那么显眼吗 |
[52:13] | I know just the place. | 我只知道那个地方 |
[52:14] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[52:24] | Our interview aired 15 minutes ago | 我们的采访在15分钟前播出 |
[52:26] | and we’re already over 10,000 hits. | 就已经超过10,000次点击了 |
[52:29] | Are you surprised? | 你很惊讶吗 |
[52:31] | You’re a great interviewer. | 你是个很棒的采访者 |
[52:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[52:33] | Okay, ready for the best Mexican food in Manhattan? | 好了 准备好曼哈顿最棒的墨西哥菜了吗 |
[52:37] | Yes, I am. | 是的 我准备好了 |
[52:39] | Oh, shoot. Channel 9’s here. We should go. | 哦 该死 第九频道到了 我们该走了 |
[52:42] | We should go out the back. | 我们从后门出去 |
[52:43] | Jack Hansen! Good Sam! | 杰克·汉森 等一下 |
[52:45] | Who are you gonna give the money to next? | 你下一步准备把钱给谁 |
[52:47] | Um… I’m gonna make this brief. I want to help the workers. | 嗯 简单地说 我想帮助工人 |
[52:50] | Uh, regular people who work two jobs to put a roof over their families’ heads, | 嗯 那些要打两份工才能养活家人的工人 |
[52:54] | who pay taxes while living paycheck to paycheck. | 谁一边交税一边生活一边发工资 |
[52:56] | They’re working longer and harder these days, and… | 现如今他们更长时间更努力地工作而且 |
[53:00] | they should not be forgotten. | 它们不应该被遗忘 |
[53:02] | – Are you going to be giving again? – No more questions. | -你还要再次捐钱吗 -别再问了 |
[53:10] | That was, uh… | 那真是 呃 |
[53:12] | unexpected. | 出乎意料 |
[53:13] | Yeah, no kidding. How did they know where to find us? | 是的 别开玩笑 他们怎么知道在哪里能找到我们 |
[53:16] | Someone must have followed us from the station. | 一定有人从车站跟着我们 |
[53:19] | Looks like we’re not gonna able to stop people from talking about Good Sam. | 看来我们不能阻止人们谈论神秘慈善家 |
[53:23] | I guess not. | 我看也是 |
[53:25] | You know, I noticed that what you told the reporters | 你知道 我注意到你所和记者说的 |
[53:28] | was almost word for word what you said in our interview. | 简直和你在我们的采访中所说的一模一样 |
[53:32] | Really? -Mm-hmm. | -真的吗 -嗯 |
[53:35] | Guess I rehearsed too much last night. | 估计是我昨晚排练得太多了 |
[53:37] | Probably over-prepared for our interview. | 可能是对我们的采访准备过度了 |
[53:41] | I’m glad I did, though. | 不过 我很高兴我做到了 |
[53:42] | You were phenomenal. | 你真了不起 |
[53:44] | I think, uh… I think you’re gonna be able to leverage this story | 我觉得 额 我觉得你应该能够 |
[53:47] | for… | 按照 |
[53:48] | whatever you want. | 你自己的想法左右这个故事的走向 |
[53:49] | Anchor, network, write your ticket. | 主播 网络 这就是你的入场券 |
[53:51] | That’s not what I want out of this story. | 那不是我想从这个故事中得到的 |
[53:54] | Okay. Well, uh… | 好吧 那 |
[53:56] | what, um… | 那 |
[53:57] | what do you want then? | 那你想要什么呢 |
[53:59] | Why were you looking for me, for Good Sam? | 你为什么会来找我这个慈善家呢 |
[54:02] | Because he’s… | 因为他是 |
[54:03] | You are exactly what I didn’t think existed. | 你正好就是我认为不会存在的人 |
[54:07] | Someone doing good, expecting nothing in return. | 只做好事 不求任何回报 |
[54:12] | I’m… | 那 |
[54:14] | glad you found me then. | 我很高兴你找到了我 |
[54:18] | Oh, um… | 哦 别 |
[54:20] | That’s not what I meant. I… | 我不是那个意思 我 |
[54:22] | Sorry, I… | 抱歉 我 |
[54:24] | I thought that, um… | 我以为是 额 |
[54:26] | there was a spark between us. | 我们之间有一丝火花 |
[54:27] | No, no, there was, but… | 不 不 曾经有 但是 |
[54:30] | you’re my story now. | 你现在是我的故事了 |
[54:35] | Look, it’s been a long day. | 你看 今天也出来这么长时间了 |
[54:38] | Would you mind just taking me home? Yeah. Of course. | -你可以送我回家吗 -当然可以 |
[54:44] | Let’s, uh… Let’s hop on the bridge. | 那 那我们就上桥吧 |
[54:46] | – Mm-hmm. Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[55:01] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[55:03] | I, um… I’ve been texting you but hadn’t heard back yet. | 我给你发了信息但还没收到你的回复 |
[55:07] | Sorry, it’s been a… | 抱歉 今天 |
[55:08] | Been a rough shift. Oh. | 太忙了 |
[55:10] | And I was a little thrown the other night | 而且那天晚上当你的神秘慈善家出现时 |
[55:12] | when your Good Sam showed up. | 我有一点兴奋过头了 |
[55:14] | Yeah. No, I was as surprised as you. | 其实我和你一样吃惊 |
[55:17] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[55:18] | Thought he was your father’s friend. | 以为他是你老爸的朋友 |
[55:20] | And I, uh, saw him leading you out of a restaurant | 而且我昨天晚上在第九频道上 |
[55:23] | last night on Channel 9. | 看见他和你一起走出一个餐厅 |
[55:25] | Well, he’s the subject of my story. | 他是我故事的采访对象 |
[55:30] | I’d say you’ve got your hands full. | 那你挺忙的 |
[55:32] | Well, are we still on for dinner tomorrow night? | 我们明天晚上还一起吃饭吗 |
[55:37] | I’ll text you. | 我会给你发信息 |
[55:39] | Come on, guys. Get a move on! | 赶紧 兄弟们 行动起来 |
[55:43] | Hustle, hustle, hustle! | 赶紧 赶紧 赶紧 |
[55:45] | Let’s go. Come on! | 快点 我们出发了 |
[55:47] | Moving out! | 出发 |
[55:52] | Oh, my God, look. You have to see this. | 我的天 你赶紧看这个 |
[55:53] | National News Dispatch, New York Daily View, | 全国新闻快讯 纽约日报 |
[55:56] | and don’t even get me started on your emails. | 还有你的邮箱 |
[55:58] | Your interview has over a million views online. | 你的采访在网上有超过一百万的观看量 |
[56:01] | I’m sorry, did you say a million? | 抱歉 你刚才说一百万吗 |
[56:03] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[56:05] | Well done, Kate. Good job. | 干得好 凯特 太棒了 |
[56:06] | All right, people. Listen up. | 好了 大家听一下 |
[56:08] | Last night’s interview with Good Sam | 昨天晚上对神秘慈善家的采访 |
[56:11] | got us the highest ratings in the station’s history. | 让我们获得了电视台历史上最高的收视率 |
[56:15] | Yeah! Good job! | 太棒了 |
[56:17] | Thanks to Kate, who got the interview | 我们要感谢凯特获得了这个 |
[56:20] | that every station and every network, I might add, was trying to get. | 所有电视台和新闻网都想获得的采访 |
[56:25] | And the story keeps growing. | 而且这个故事会继续 |
[56:26] | Lauren, tell her about the call | 劳伦 和她说一下我们接到的 |
[56:27] | we got from Washington Heights. | 来自华盛顿高层的电话 |
[56:29] | A woman called to say | 一个女的打电话过来说 |
[56:30] | she started an Anonymous Good Samaritan Club. | 她成立了一个匿名的慈善家俱乐部 |
[56:32] | They’ll be following Good Sam’s philosophy. | 他们会遵循神秘慈善家的信条 |
[56:34] | They’ve already bought a wheelchair | 他们已经为他们街区的 |
[56:36] | for a veteran in their neighborhood. | 一名退伍军人买了一把轮椅 |
[56:37] | And some guy in line at the grocery store in Staten Island | 而且在史坦顿岛的一家杂货店 |
[56:40] | anonymously paid for the next ten people. | 排队的一位仁兄匿名为队列后十位付了款 |
[56:42] | Wow. | 哇 |
[56:42] | Kate, see if you can get Hansen | 凯特 看你能否让汉森 |
[56:43] | to talk on camera to people he helped. | 在镜头前谈一下他帮助过的人 |
[56:45] | Sure. | 好的 |
[56:46] | Lauren, give me man-in-the-street-type interviews. | 劳伦 去找街上的人采访 |
[56:48] | Ed, see if you can get some reaction | 埃德 你能否去了解一下 |
[56:50] | from workers on Good Sam’s philosophy. | 工人对神秘慈善家的反应 |
[56:52] | This is our time, people. | 各位 该看我们的了 |
[56:54] | Let’s take this story higher, huh? | 让我们把这个故事推上更高的台阶 |
[56:59] | Guys, look! It’s Good Sam. | 大家快看 是神秘慈善家 |
[57:03] | Good Sam! | 神秘慈善家 |
[57:05] | Don’t worry. You’re gonna be great. | 别担心 你会表现得很好的 |
[57:07] | Christina. | 克里斯蒂娜 |
[57:09] | Hi. | 你好 |
[57:13] | Oh, Good Sam. | 神秘慈善家 |
[57:21] | I can’t thank you enough for what you did for my family. | 你对我家里的帮助让我感激不尽 |
[57:25] | But how did you know we needed help? | 但你怎么知道我们需要帮助呢 |
[57:27] | I had a system for finding out who was in need. | 我有一个系统可以找到谁需要帮助 |
[57:31] | Uh, Jack, you said | 额 杰克 你说 |
[57:32] | that you knew about Christina’s situation | 你知道克里斯蒂娜的情况 |
[57:34] | because your assistant attends her church. | 是因为你的助理参加了她的教堂礼拜 |
[57:36] | Oh, who is it? I want to thank her. | 哦 她是谁呢 我想感谢她 |
[57:40] | Carla… | 卡拉 |
[57:42] | Muñoz. Um… | 穆尼奥斯 |
[57:44] | Long dark hair, brown eyes. | 黑色的长发 棕色的眼睛 |
[57:48] | She said that your faith, uh, inspired her. | 她说你的信仰 激励了她 |
[57:55] | Uh, Kate, are we just about wrapped up here? | 额 凯特 这边要结束了吗 |
[57:58] | I’m late for a meeting. | 我有个会议要迟到了 |
[57:59] | I just have a couple more questions. | 我还有几个问题 |
[58:01] | It’s gonna have to wait, unfortunately. | 那你只有等以后再问了 |
[58:03] | Sorry, Christina. | 抱歉 克里斯蒂娜 |
[58:06] | We’re done? | 就完了吗 |
[58:06] | Uh, yeah. Thanks, Christina. | 是的 谢谢你 克里斯蒂娜 |
[58:08] | Hey, is everything okay? | 嘿 没出什么事吧 |
[58:09] | Uh, yeah, yeah. Uh… | 没有 没有 |
[58:13] | I’m headed to Senator Wintour’s party tonight. | 我今晚要去温图尔议员家的聚会 |
[58:15] | I’ll see you there? | 我们那儿见 |
[58:16] | Oh, um, I wasn’t planning on it. My dad’s in D.C. | 额 我没打算去呢 我爸爸在华盛顿 |
[58:19] | Still, he’s a family friend, right? | 他仍然是我们家的朋友 对吧 |
[58:22] | And I’m going there. | 我会去的 |
[58:23] | It’ll be fun. | 会很好玩的 |
[58:24] | Okay, I’ll think about it. | 好吧 我会考虑一下 |
[58:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[58:27] | Don’t know how he’ll get through meetings | 真不知道他怎么熬过这些会议 |
[58:29] | when all anyone’s talking about is Good Sam. | 当所有人谈论的都是神秘慈善家 |
[58:33] | Something was off with Jack today. | 今天杰克有点不对劲 |
[58:36] | Well, it’s a lot to take in. | 这个变化有点大 |
[58:38] | One day, he’s managing a hedge fund, | 前一天 他还在管理基金 |
[58:39] | the next, he’s on the national news. | 第二天 他就上了全国新闻 |
[58:41] | Still, though… | 即便如此 |
[58:42] | He seemed incredibly uncomfortable around Christina. | 感觉他在克里斯蒂娜身边非常不自在 |
[58:46] | Maybe he felt awkward. | 可能他觉得有点尴尬 |
[58:48] | He just gave the woman $100,000. | 他给了这个女的10万美元 |
[58:49] | What’s there to feel awkward about? | 有什么可尴尬的 |
[58:51] | Yeah, well, when I give someone $100,000, | 当我给了某个人10万美元时 |
[58:52] | I’ll let you know. | 我会告诉你有什么可尴尬的 |
[58:54] | Fair enough. | 有道理 |
[58:56] | I wanted to lend a hand | 我想要尽我的所能 |
[58:58] | in the best way that I could… | 来帮助 |
[59:01] | to the people who keep our factories open… | 那些让我们的工厂保持生产产品的人 |
[59:05] | who fix our cars and our plumbing… | 那些修好我们的车辆和管道系统的人 |
[59:09] | who bake our bread… | 那些为我们烤面包的人 |
[59:10] | How many times are you gonna watch the Good Sam interview | 你要看多少次你对杰克·汉森 |
[59:13] | you did with Jack Hansen? | 做的神秘慈善家的采访 |
[59:15] | As many times as it takes for me to figure this thing out. | 直到我想明白这件事 |
[59:18] | He’s up to something. | 他是有目的的 |
[59:19] | I just don’t know what it is yet. | 我只是还不知道他的目的是什么 |
[59:21] | Here, watch this. | 看这段 |
[59:23] | I wanted to… As Good Sam… | 我想要 作为神秘慈善家 |
[59:25] | …help the workers. …I want to help the workers. | 来帮助工人们 我想帮助工人们 |
[59:27] | Regular people who work two jobs | 为了让家人有住的地方 |
[59:29] | to put a roof over their families’ heads. | 而打两份工的普通人 |
[59:31] | Who pay taxes while living paycheck to paycheck… | 靠薪资生活的纳税人 |
[59:34] | Look, the soundbites are near perfect. | 这段话几近完美 |
[59:37] | It’s almost too polished. | 甚至有点润色过度 |
[59:38] | Yeah, you’re right. Solid delivery too. | 是的 你是对的 还是很熟练的演讲 |
[59:40] | -Mm-hmm. They should not be forgotten. | 他们不应该被忘记 |
[59:43] | Yet, some of the people you helped | 但是 有些你帮助过的人 |
[59:44] | weren’t needy or poor. | 并不是很需要或者很贫穷 |
[59:46] | Can you do me a favor? Yeah. | -你能帮我一个忙吗 -好的 |
[59:48] | Will you please tell David | 你能告诉大卫我今晚会在 |
[59:49] | that I am chasing a lead at an event tonight? | 一个活动中跟踪一条线索吗 |
[59:51] | Tonight? Why are you leaving now? | 今晚 那你为什么现在就要离开 |
[59:54] | Ah, because it’s black tie, | 因为需要正装出席 |
[59:55] | which means I probably should’ve started getting ready two hours ago. | 而且我可能应该在两小时之前就开始准备 |
[59:58] | Right. Thanks. | -好吧 -谢谢 |
[1:00:08] | I know. I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[1:00:10] | David, I’m sorry I bailed on work, | 大卫 我很抱歉我丢下了工作 |
[1:00:12] | but I can’t tell you where I am right now. | 但是我不能告诉你我现在在哪里 |
[1:00:15] | At least, not just yet. | 至少 现在还不能 |
[1:00:16] | But I promise you, | 但是我向你保证 |
[1:00:17] | no other reporter is with Good Sam tonight. | 今晚上神秘慈善家身边没有其他的记者 |
[1:00:21] | Okay. I’ll call you later. | 好的 我晚点再打给你 |
[1:00:28] | Hi. My name is Kate Bradley. | 你好 我的名字是凯特·布拉德利 |
[1:00:29] | I’m Ashok Bradley’s daughter. | 我是阿肖克·布拉德利的女儿 |
[1:00:32] | Sorry, I don’t see you on the list. Um… | 抱歉 我在名单上没看到你的名字 |
[1:00:35] | Could you just tell Senator Wintour I’m here, | 你能告诉温图尔议员我来了吗 |
[1:00:38] | please? | 麻烦了 |
[1:00:38] | This is a private party. | 这是私人聚会 |
[1:00:41] | Kate! Hi! | -凯特 -你好 |
[1:00:42] | What a surprise! I didn’t know you were coming. | 真让人惊喜啊 我没想到你会来呢 |
[1:00:45] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[1:00:46] | May I take your things? | 我来帮你放随身物品吧 |
[1:00:47] | Please. Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:00:48] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[1:00:49] | It was a last-minute decision. I hope you don’t mind. | 我临时决定来的 希望你不介意 |
[1:00:51] | No. | 不会的 |
[1:00:52] | It’s so nice to see you, Tom. | 很高兴能见到你 汤姆 |
[1:00:54] | So, listen, you know Ashok’s not here, | 所以 你知道阿肖克是不会来的 |
[1:00:56] | right? | 对吧 |
[1:00:57] | No, I know. He’s still in D.C. | 我知道 他还在华盛顿 |
[1:00:59] | Um, I’m actually not here to see him. | 额 我其实不是来见他的 |
[1:01:01] | I’m– I’m looking for Jack Hansen. | 我是 我是来找杰克·汉森的 |
[1:01:04] | Okay, so… | 那 |
[1:01:06] | you know about the big announcement, then? | 你知道有一个重大消息要宣布 |
[1:01:08] | Uh… big announcement? | 呃 重大消息 |
[1:01:10] | I’ll let him tell you. | 我让他来告诉你 |
[1:01:12] | Look, he’s around here somewhere, so… I’ll find him. | -他就在这哪里 -我去找他 |
[1:01:14] | Nice to see you. Nice to see you. | -很高兴见到你 -很高兴见到你 |
[1:01:16] | Absolutely. One hundred percent. | 当然 100% |
[1:01:19] | Thank you so, so much. | 非常非常感谢您 |
[1:01:24] | Wow, this is the best surprise of the evening. You look astonishing. | 哇 这是今晚最大的惊喜 你真漂亮 |
[1:01:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:01:32] | I’m, uh, happy you made it after all. | 我很高兴你最终来了 |
[1:01:34] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[1:01:36] | Hey, so, what’s this big announcement that Tom told me about? | 汤姆跟我说的重大消息是什么 |
[1:01:39] | Oh. I’m, uh… | 哦 我 |
[1:01:42] | I’m running for Congress. | 我要竞选国会议员 |
[1:01:44] | What? | 啥 |
[1:01:48] | When did you decide this? Uh… | 你什么时候决定的 |
[1:01:50] | A group of businessmen approached me and… | 一个商业组织找到我 |
[1:01:55] | convinced me to run. | 说服我去竞选 |
[1:01:57] | So, wait. Um… | 等一下 |
[1:01:59] | In our interview, when you were talking about the workers, | 在我们的采访中 当你说道工人时 |
[1:02:02] | the ones who live paycheck to paycheck, that was… | 那些靠工资过活的人 那是 |
[1:02:05] | What? That was your campaign statement? | 什么 那是你的竞选陈述 |
[1:02:08] | Kate, no. I-I believe everything that I said. | 凯特 我相信我说的每一句话 |
[1:02:12] | It’s why I gave away that money. | 这就是为什么我要送出那些钱 |
[1:02:14] | It’s why I’m running for Congress. | 为什么我要竞选国会议员 |
[1:02:17] | So… | 那么 |
[1:02:18] | how do you explain the gift to Marie? | 你怎么解释给玛丽的礼物 |
[1:02:21] | Marie? | 玛丽 |
[1:02:22] | Yeah, she’s the oncologist who works at Parkland Hospital. | 她是帕克兰医院的肿瘤学家 |
[1:02:26] | Lives in a three-million-dollar house in Fort Greene. | 住在格林堡的一幢300万美元的房子中 |
[1:02:28] | Not exactly one of the workers that you claim to want to help. | 并不是你声称想帮助的工人之一 |
[1:02:32] | Yeah, but, um… | 是的 但是 |
[1:02:33] | she– she also… uh, is on a number of charitable boards, | 她 她也 在一些慈善董事会中 |
[1:02:37] | and I… I just had this feeling, like, | 而且我 我有这样的感觉 |
[1:02:39] | she would do something good with it, and she did. | 她会用它来做一些好事 而且她做了 |
[1:02:42] | Look, Kate, I know that you’re not a big fan of the political world, | 凯特 我知道你不太喜欢政治世界 |
[1:02:46] | but your dad’s given me his full support. | 但是你父亲全力支持我 |
[1:02:50] | Really? Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[1:02:53] | Wow. | 哇 |
[1:02:55] | Willing or not, you sure have figured out a way | 不管是否自愿 你确实有办法 |
[1:02:57] | to get the Bradleys involved in your big plan. | 让布拉德利家进入你的宏伟计划 |
[1:03:05] | I’m gonna make a formal announcement on Friday, | 我会在星期五正式宣布 |
[1:03:08] | and I’d love to give you an exclusive interview. | 我很乐意给你独家采访 |
[1:03:10] | But, until then, | 但是 在那之前 |
[1:03:11] | can we keep this between me and you? | 你能不要告诉其他人吗 |
[1:03:15] | Sure. Why not? | 好的 为什么不呢 |
[1:03:17] | Well, there you two are. | 你俩在这里呢 |
[1:03:22] | Kate, I’ve put you | 凯特 我已经把你 |
[1:03:22] | and Jack at our table. | 和杰克安排在饭桌上了 |
[1:03:24] | Candace wants to catch up on everything you’re doing. | 坎达丝想要了解你在做的工作 |
[1:03:28] | You heard the big news? | 你听说了这个大新闻了吗 |
[1:03:29] | Indeed I did, | 听说了 |
[1:03:31] | and been promised an exclusive interview. | 还被承诺了一个独家采访 |
[1:03:35] | Jack, the 12th district’s a real coveted seat. | 杰克 12区是个议员都想要的地区 |
[1:03:38] | And I think his idea of protecting the workers of this city | 我觉得他的保护这座城市的工人的主意 |
[1:03:41] | is gonna be a real breath of fresh air. | 会让人耳目一新 |
[1:03:44] | Jack, my boy, come with me. | 杰克 好小伙 跟我来 |
[1:03:45] | There’s somebody I want you to meet. | 我想让你见个人 |
[1:03:52] | David, I’ve got something. | 大卫 我获得了一个消息 |
[1:03:56] | Jack Hansen is running for Congress in the 12th district. | 杰克·汉森将要竞选12区的国会议员 |
[1:03:59] | No kidding? | 没开玩笑吧 |
[1:04:00] | I’d vote for him, for sure. | 我肯定会为他投票的 |
[1:04:01] | How do you know this? | 你怎么知道的呢 |
[1:04:03] | I, uh… I crashed a party at Senator Wintour’s house last night. | 我昨晚上参加了温图尔议员家的聚会 |
[1:04:07] | He could give the incumbent a run, | 现在汉森是一个家喻户晓的名字 |
[1:04:08] | now that Hansen’s a name people know. | 这可能会让现任者丧失一些优势 |
[1:04:10] | Yeah, thanks to us. | 是的 多亏了我们 |
[1:04:11] | He’s running on a public image that we created for him. | 他正在运用我们为他创造的公众形象 |
[1:04:15] | It was never actual news. | 这从来都不是真实的新闻 |
[1:04:17] | Just a performance by yet another ambitious politician. | 只是又一个野心勃勃的政客的表演 |
[1:04:20] | Well, at least Jack Hansen’s trying to help people. | 至少杰克·汉森正试图帮助人们 |
[1:04:23] | We could do worse. | 我们可能做得更糟 |
[1:04:25] | Don’t you get it? | 你们还不明白吗 |
[1:04:28] | He used us. | 他利用了我们 |
[1:04:29] | Keep digging. | 继续挖掘 |
[1:04:32] | Sorry, guys. | 抱歉 伙计们 |
[1:04:35] | Hey, Dad. Thanks for calling me back. | 喂 爸爸 谢谢你给我回电话 |
[1:04:37] | My assistant said it was urgent. | 我的助手说情况紧急 |
[1:04:39] | It is. | 是的 |
[1:04:40] | Jack just told me he’s running for Congress. | 杰克刚告诉我他正在参加国会竞选 |
[1:04:42] | I thought you said it was urgent. | 我以为你说有急事 |
[1:04:44] | I just left a Senate Finance Committee meeting. | 我刚离开了参议院金融委员会的会议 |
[1:04:46] | Dad, please. | 爸爸 求你了 |
[1:04:47] | I need to know when Jack decided to run. | 我需要知道杰克什么时候决定参选的 |
[1:04:49] | When hasn’t he talked about running for office? | 当他还没谈论竞选的时候吗 |
[1:04:51] | Was it the 12th district? | 是第十二选区吗 |
[1:04:53] | I remember a while back, he asked if he had a shot. | 我记得前段时间他问过 他能否试一下 |
[1:04:56] | And what? You said yes? | 然后呢 你答应了吗 |
[1:04:58] | Are you backing him? | 你支持他吗 |
[1:05:00] | Well, actually, at the time, I said no. | 实际上 当时我说了不 |
[1:05:02] | The people who’d had that position | 曾经当选的人 |
[1:05:05] | were always household names, | 都是家喻户晓的人 |
[1:05:06] | and Jack really didn’t have that. | 而杰克真的不出名 |
[1:05:08] | Not yet, anyway. | 现在还不 |
[1:05:10] | Not until he created Good Sam to get everyone’s attention. | 直到他创造了神秘慈善家来吸引大家的注意 |
[1:05:13] | Well, you can’t really fault him | 你真的不能因为 |
[1:05:16] | for taking advantage of notoriety. | 他利用名声而指责他 |
[1:05:18] | And, as a Congressional candidate, | 而且 作为国会候选人 |
[1:05:20] | maybe he can take this generosity movement and… | 也许他能利用这场慈善运动 |
[1:05:24] | make some real change with it. | 并用它真正改变些什么 |
[1:05:25] | Dad, it’s manipulative. | 爸爸 这是操纵性的 |
[1:05:27] | Can’t you see that? | 你看不见吗 |
[1:05:30] | All right. Listen, I-I’ve gotta go. I’ll, um… I’ll call you later. | 好吧 我得挂了 我稍后打给你 |
[1:05:43] | *You’re yellow-coated* | *你黄皮肤的外表* |
[1:05:46] | *Like the bracelet on your right hand* | *就像你右手的手镯* |
[1:05:50] | – You all done? – Yes. | -你吃完了吗 -是的 |
[1:05:52] | Hey, sit. I got it. | 坐着吧 我来 |
[1:05:54] | Okay, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[1:05:56] | You weren’t lying, by the way. You are a really good cook. | 你没撒谎 你真是个好厨师 |
[1:05:58] | Well, you know, you pick up a thing or two | 给消防站的伙计们做饭 |
[1:06:00] | cooking for the guys at the fire station. | 能学不少厨艺 |
[1:06:04] | Listen, I think I made some assumptions about you and Jack. | 听我说 我对你和杰克有一些猜想 |
[1:06:07] | And, um, I hope I misread some things. | 希望有些事是我理解错了 |
[1:06:10] | Jack is just my interview subject. | 杰克只是我的采访对象 |
[1:06:13] | And it turns out you were right not to trust him. | 实际上你不相信他是对的 |
[1:06:16] | He’s running for Congress. | 他在参加国会竞选 |
[1:06:18] | He launched a political career | 他开启了一项政治生涯 |
[1:06:20] | after coming forward as Good Sam. | 在作为神秘慈善家站出来后 |
[1:06:22] | Exactly. | 一点不错 |
[1:06:23] | Just further proof that no one does anything good | 只是进一步证明 没有人会做好事而 |
[1:06:26] | without expecting something in return. | 不求回报任何回报 |
[1:06:29] | I’d like to think that’s not true. | 我想那不是真的 |
[1:06:33] | – Coffee? – Ooh, yeah. Thanks. | -要喝咖啡吗 -要喝 谢谢 |
[1:06:35] | So did you fix this place up yourself? | 你自己修好了这个地方了吗 |
[1:06:38] | Because, man, it’s amazing. | 因为 这太厉害了 |
[1:06:39] | Yeah. It’s a work in progress. | 是的 尚未完工 |
[1:06:46] | Is this you captaining this beautiful sailboat? | 你是这艘漂亮帆船的船长吗 |
[1:06:48] | Yeah. That’s when me and my brother took the crew | 是 那是我和我哥哥带着队员 |
[1:06:51] | up to a friend’s place in Maine. Camden Harbor. | 到缅因州一个朋友家时 在卡姆登港 |
[1:06:55] | -Is this Patrick? -Yeah. | -这是帕特里克吗 -是 |
[1:06:58] | He was always the first one on the boat and the last one off. | 他总是第一个上船 最后一个下船 |
[1:07:00] | Everyone called him Fish. | 大家都叫他大鱼 |
[1:07:02] | Hmm, Fish. | 嗯 大鱼 |
[1:07:03] | -Did you have a nickname? -Hawkins. | -你有外号吗 -霍金斯 |
[1:07:06] | Like the kid from Treasure Island. | 和《金银岛》里那个孩子的一样 |
[1:07:08] | Hawkins. I like that. | 霍金斯 我喜欢这个名字 |
[1:07:11] | And who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[1:07:14] | Um, just a friend of my brother’s. | 只是我哥哥的一个朋友 |
[1:07:18] | So is this what dinner’s always like with a reporter? | 和记者共进晚餐总是像这样吗 |
[1:07:20] | All the questions. | 全部都是问题 |
[1:07:21] | Pretty much. | 差不多吧 |
[1:07:22] | When was the last time you went sailing? | 你上次去航海是什么时候 |
[1:07:27] | Come on. That wasn’t a hard one, was it? | 拜托 这个问题不难吧 |
[1:07:33] | Not since Patrick died. | 帕特里克死后就再没去过 |
[1:07:36] | It just hasn’t felt right without him. | 没有他总感觉不对 |
[1:07:39] | I’m sorry. I-I didn’t realize. | 对不起 我不知道 |
[1:07:42] | Do you mind if I ask what happened? | 可以问一下发生了什么事吗 |
[1:07:46] | Ah, you don’t wanna hear about that. | 你会不想听的 |
[1:07:50] | I’m listening, if you want to tell me. | 我在听 如果你想告诉我的话 |
[1:08:03] | My brother and I went sailing in May for my birthday. | 5月我过生日时 我和哥哥去航海 |
[1:08:09] | And he was so excited… | 他很兴奋 |
[1:08:11] | about this new route that he’d planned out and… | 关于他规划的新路线 以及 |
[1:08:16] | and the surprise he had for me when we got there. | 我们到那儿时他为我准备的惊喜 |
[1:08:20] | And the weather was perfect. | 天气很好 |
[1:08:22] | Sun in the sky, a few clouds. | 晴空万里 万里无云 |
[1:08:26] | And then the wind just picked up, | 不一会儿 刮起了大风 |
[1:08:29] | and all of a sudden… | 突然间 |
[1:08:30] | this wall of water just came toward us. | 巨浪向我们袭来 |
[1:08:36] | And the boom swung loose and… | 帆杠晃松动了 |
[1:08:39] | hit Patrick in the head, knocked us both overboard. | 打在帕特里克的头上 把我俩都打下水 |
[1:08:43] | I had to fight through the swell to get to him. | 我在滚滚海浪中挣扎着找到他 |
[1:08:47] | And he was unconscious, | 他已经昏迷了 |
[1:08:50] | and bleeding a lot. | 流了很多血 |
[1:08:55] | I tried CPR, but… | 我试过心肺复苏 但是 |
[1:08:59] | I lost him. | 他死了 |
[1:09:05] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:09:10] | You see, I’m not the hero everyone thinks I am. | 你看 我不是那个人人都认为的英雄 |
[1:09:14] | I couldn’t even save my own brother. | 我连甚至连自己的哥哥都救不了 |
[1:09:16] | Hey, you did everything you could. | 嘿 你尽力了 |
[1:09:20] | You risked your life to save him. | 你冒着生命危险去救他 |
[1:09:23] | You do that every single day. | 你每一天都这样做 |
[1:09:27] | You may not think you’re a hero… | 你可能不认为自己是英雄 |
[1:09:30] | but I do. | 但我认为你是 |
[1:09:41] | Hey, Stephanie. It’s Kate from Channel 12 | 斯蒂芬妮我是12频道的凯特 |
[1:09:43] | trying you again. | 再次给你打电话 |
[1:09:45] | Can you please call me back when you get a chance? Thanks. | 有时间的话给我回电话好吗 谢谢 |
[1:09:48] | Hey, look at this. | 来看看这个 |
[1:09:49] | There’s a hidden column in the spreadsheet. A note section. | 电子表格中有一个隐藏列 注释部分 |
[1:09:53] | Anything interesting? Um… | 有什么有趣的吗 |
[1:09:55] | On the first 400-grand withdrawal from Jack, | 从杰克那里划走的第一笔40万美元 |
[1:09:58] | there’s some initials. | 记录上有一些首字母 |
[1:10:01] | Is that one of the people who got money? | 那是收到钱的人吗 |
[1:10:04] | Mmm, no. No one has the initials PDD. | 不是 没人的首字母是PDD |
[1:10:07] | Hey, Stephanie. Thanks for calling me back. | 斯蒂芬妮 谢谢你给我回电话 |
[1:10:09] | Yeah, sure. What’s up, Kate? | 不客气 有什么事 凯特 |
[1:10:11] | When you found me and Jack at that taco place, | 当你在那个玉米卷店找到我和杰克时 |
[1:10:13] | how did you know where he’d be? | 你怎么知道他会在哪里 |
[1:10:16] | He sent out a press release. | 他发了条新闻稿 |
[1:10:17] | A press release? | 一条新闻稿 |
[1:10:18] | Yeah. Or his publicist put it out. | 是 或是他的公关发的 |
[1:10:20] | Carl… Carl Green at, uh… PDD | 卡尔 卡尔格林什么 PDD的 |
[1:10:26] | Yeah, Parker Dunlop Development. | 是的 帕克·邓洛普发展公司 |
[1:10:29] | Right. | 好的 |
[1:10:30] | Okay, thanks, Steph. I owe you one. | 谢谢 斯蒂芬 我欠你一个人情 |
[1:10:33] | What’s going on? | 情况如何 |
[1:10:34] | PDD is Parker Dunlop Development. | PDD是帕克·邓洛普发展公司 |
[1:10:37] | -What? -It’s a political consulting agency. | – 啥 -它是一家政治咨询机构 |
[1:10:39] | Very high-end. | 非常高端 |
[1:10:40] | They groom candidates for public office. | 他们为公职培养候选人 |
[1:10:42] | Uh, campaigns, policy, media coaching. | 竞选活动 政策方针 媒体指导 |
[1:10:45] | Yeah. My dad used them in the last election. | 是的 我爸上次选举时聘请过他们 |
[1:10:47] | But why would they get paid in cash? | 但为什么他们用现金收款呢 |
[1:10:49] | Oh, Lauren. | 哦 劳伦 |
[1:10:51] | You have so much to learn about D.C. | 关于华盛顿 你还有很多东西要学 |
[1:10:53] | Okay, hold on. When was the second $400,000 withdrawal? | 等等 第二笔40万是什么时候划走的 |
[1:10:58] | October 27th. | 10月27日 |
[1:11:00] | Right. | 好吧 |
[1:11:02] | The day after Jack and I had dinner | 就是我和杰克共进晚餐后的第二天 |
[1:11:04] | and talked about Good Sam. | 晚餐时我们谈到了神秘慈善家 |
[1:11:05] | So if Jack’s first 400,000 was spent on | 所以 如果杰克的头40万美元是花在 |
[1:11:08] | political consulting instead– | 政治咨询上的话 |
[1:11:10] | Then who was behind the money in the first four bags? | 那么 前四个袋子里的钱是谁给的 |
[1:11:12] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[1:11:17] | When were you gonna tell me that you weren’t Good Sam? | 你打算什么时候告诉我你不是神秘慈善家 |
[1:11:19] | I’m gonna call you back. | 我一会儿给你回电话 |
[1:11:22] | What are you talking about? Of course I’m Good Sam. | 你在说什么 我当然是神秘慈善家 |
[1:11:25] | But you didn’t tell me the whole story, now, | 但至今你也没告诉我所有事 |
[1:11:26] | did you, Jack? | 是吗 杰克 |
[1:11:27] | The first $400,000 you spent on campaign expenses? | 你花在竞选开支上的第一笔40万美元 |
[1:11:33] | Why don’t you tell me the truth, Jack? | 为什么不告诉我真相 杰克 |
[1:11:35] | And tell me like it really happened. | 告诉我实情 |
[1:11:38] | I did give away the last 400,000. | 我确实捐助了最后的一笔40万 |
[1:11:41] | And the rest? | 其余的呢 |
[1:11:43] | Somebody else gave that away. I don’t know who. | 其他人捐的 我不知道是谁 |
[1:11:45] | And you just took credit for it? | 你居然把功劳都揽到自己身上 |
[1:11:48] | Look… | 你看啊 |
[1:11:49] | Um, I’d never seen anything like | 我从没见过像 |
[1:11:51] | the media attention the guy was getting. | 这家伙所得到的媒体关注 |
[1:11:54] | Everywhere I went, people were talking about Good Sam. | 无论我去哪里 人们都在谈论神秘慈善家 |
[1:11:57] | Even you. | 甚至是你 |
[1:11:58] | And I know how important it is | 我知道找到一个做好事的人 |
[1:12:00] | for you to find someone doing good. | 对你来说有多重要 |
[1:12:03] | I’m that guy. | 我就是那个人 |
[1:12:04] | I wasn’t just looking for someone doing good, Jack. | 我不是在找一个做好事人 杰克 |
[1:12:08] | I was looking for someone doing good | 我在找一个做好事 |
[1:12:09] | who didn’t expect anything in return, | 不求回报的人 |
[1:12:11] | and that is not you. | 而那不是你 |
[1:12:13] | I might not be the guy who started this whole thing, but… | 我可能不是这整件事的始作俑者 但是 |
[1:12:16] | I did. | 我做了 |
[1:12:17] | I gave away $400,000. That’s got to count for something. | 我捐了40万美元 那肯定会起些作用 |
[1:12:19] | You gave money away for publicity | 你为了宣传捐款 |
[1:12:21] | so that you could run for Congress. | 好让自己能参加国会竞选 |
[1:12:24] | Kate, we’re both getting a lot of mileage | 凯特 我们都从这个新闻报道中 |
[1:12:26] | out of this story. | 得到了很多好处 |
[1:12:27] | That’s what this is about? Mileage? | 这就是原因吗 好处 |
[1:12:30] | You lied, Jack. | 你撒谎了 杰克 |
[1:12:32] | So, what’s the truth doesn’t matter | 真相是什么并不重要 |
[1:12:34] | as long as you get what you want. Is that it? | 只要你得到你想要的 是这样吗 |
[1:12:36] | Okay, how– how– how can I fix this with you? | 好吧 要我怎么做你才能满意 |
[1:12:39] | Would it make a difference if I gave away another $400,000? | 如果我再捐40万美元 你能满意吗 |
[1:12:45] | Where does the truth end and the lie begin? | 真相和谎言的边界在哪里 |
[1:12:48] | Hold on. Let’s talk about this. | 等等 我们来谈谈这个 |
[1:12:50] | Kate! Kate… | 凯特 |
[1:12:55] | What? Say that again. | 什么 再说一遍 |
[1:12:56] | I said Jack Hansen isn’t Good Sam. | 杰克 汉森不是神秘慈善家 |
[1:12:59] | This is the kind of thing that ruins | 这种事情会毁了 |
[1:13:00] | a station’s reputation and kills careers. | 电视台的声誉 扼杀职业生涯 |
[1:13:02] | -Yours and mine. -David, let her talk. | -你的和我的 -大卫 让她说 |
[1:13:04] | He lied to me. | 他对我说了谎 |
[1:13:06] | He just admitted that he’s a copycat. | 他刚承认自己是个山寨货 |
[1:13:08] | After the real Good Sam gave away $400,000, | 在真正的神秘慈善家捐了40万美元以后 |
[1:13:11] | -Jack stepped in and did the same thing. -Great. | -杰克插进来做了同样的事 -行 |
[1:13:13] | He’s been working with a D.C. press agent for months. | 他与一个华盛顿的新闻机构合作几个月了 |
[1:13:16] | We got played. | 我们被耍了 |
[1:13:17] | Okay, so if Jack Hansen isn’t Good Sam, then who is? | 如果杰克 汉森不是神秘慈善家 那谁是 |
[1:13:19] | Well, maybe the real Good Sam’s in hiding, | 也许真正的神秘慈善家藏起来了 |
[1:13:21] | you know, to protect his identity. | 为了保护自己的身份 |
[1:13:23] | Maybe he’s got his own agenda. A marketing ploy. | 也许他有自己的意图 一个营销策略 |
[1:13:25] | There’s always the criminal angle. | 总会有不光彩的角度 |
[1:13:26] | The money’s some kinda repayment? | 这笔钱是某种补偿吗 |
[1:13:27] | Guys, I don’t think the real Good Sam is doing this for anything. | 我认为真正的神秘慈善家做这些不是有所图 |
[1:13:30] | Oh, come on. | 哦 拜托 |
[1:13:32] | No, I’m serious. | 不 我是认真的 |
[1:13:33] | Look, when I first got put on the story, | 你看吧 当我第一次接手这个故事时 |
[1:13:35] | I was sure Good Sam had some ulterior motive. | 我确信神秘慈善家别有用心 |
[1:13:39] | I’ve been working the bummer beat for years… | 多年来我一直在做灾难性事件的追踪报道 |
[1:13:42] | and we know it always gets the ratings. | 我们知道它总有收视率 |
[1:13:45] | But we choose to show the selfish, | 每天我们都选择去播放 |
[1:13:48] | violent things people do every day, | 人们所做的自私 暴力的事情 |
[1:13:50] | when we know that there are way more people | 即使我们知道有更多的人 |
[1:13:52] | out there doing good. | 在做好事时 |
[1:13:53] | Oh, that’s a real nice sentiment, Kate. | 这真是个好观点 凯特 |
[1:13:55] | I’m getting all choked up here. | 我都快要哭了 |
[1:13:56] | But that doesn’t tell us who the real Good Sam is. | 但这并不能告诉我们真正的神秘慈善家是谁 |
[1:13:58] | Come on, people. Have we got any ideas? | 加油 伙计们 有什么主意吗 |
[1:14:00] | Not yet. But we’ve gotta go back to the first four money drops. | 还没有 但我们得回到前四个捐赠 |
[1:14:03] | Christina, Marie, Jesse, and Faith. | 克里斯蒂娜 玛丽 杰西 菲丝 |
[1:14:05] | -Find out what they have in common. -Let me think. | -找出他们的共同点 -让我想想 |
[1:14:09] | Where do they all live? | 他们都住在哪儿 |
[1:14:10] | All over. Bronx, Brooklyn, | 哪儿都有 布朗克斯 布鲁克林 |
[1:14:12] | Manhattan, Staten Island | 曼哈顿 斯塔腾岛 |
[1:14:13] | All right, so that’s not it. | 好吧 不是这个 |
[1:14:14] | What about schools, clubs, associations? | 学校 俱乐部 协会呢 |
[1:14:16] | Anything in common? | 有任何共同点吗 |
[1:14:17] | No, nothing. We checked. | 不 什么也没有 我们检查过了 |
[1:14:18] | All born in New York? | 都出生在纽约吗 |
[1:14:19] | Marie was born in Brooklyn. | 玛丽出生在布鲁克林 |
[1:14:21] | Faith was born here too. | 菲丝也在这出生 |
[1:14:21] | No. No go. | 不 没可能 |
[1:14:23] | Christina was born in Mexico | 克里斯蒂娜出生在墨西哥 |
[1:14:25] | and Jesse’s from Maine, Camden Harbor. | 杰斯来自缅因州的卡姆登港 |
[1:14:27] | Sorry, what? | 抱歉 什么 |
[1:14:28] | Oh, Camden Harbor on the coast of Maine. | 缅因州沿岸的卡姆登港 |
[1:14:31] | Camden Harbor… | 卡姆登港 |
[1:14:33] | Okay, I-I, uh– I have a hunch. I’ll call you back. | 我有一个预感 一会给你们回电话 |
[1:14:35] | No, no, no, wait, wait. Where are you? I’ll send a news van. | 等等 你在哪 我派辆新闻车来 |
[1:14:38] | You can’t shoot a hunch, David. Give me some time. | 大卫 你不能拍摄预感 给我点时间 |
[1:14:40] | No, Kate, wait. Just– | 不 凯特 等等 |
[1:14:41] | Taxi. | 的士 |
[1:14:47] | Do you think this could be the– | 你是否觉得这可能 |
[1:14:54] | I-I hurt my back a while ago. | 我前段时间不小心伤到了我的背 |
[1:15:12] | Wait here, please. | 请稍等片刻 |
[1:15:13] | Hey, Jesse. Uh, you got a couple of minutes to talk about Good Sam? | 杰斯 你能和我谈谈神秘慈善家吗 |
[1:15:16] | I’m running behind. | 我现在很忙 |
[1:15:18] | Well, I saw a photo of someone who looked like you | 我看见一张照片 有人在帆船上和帕特里克以及 |
[1:15:20] | on a sailboat with Patrick and Eric Hayes. | 艾瑞克一起 而那人很像你 |
[1:15:23] | Sailing with the Hayes boys? | 和海耶斯家的男孩们一起出海吗 |
[1:15:25] | It’s probably me then, yeah. | 那很有可能是我 |
[1:15:27] | So you knew them? | 所以你认识他们吗 |
[1:15:29] | I was practically a member of the family. | 我曾算是那俱乐部里的一员 |
[1:15:31] | Patrick was my best friend since fourth grade. | 从四年级开始帕特里克就是我最好的朋友 |
[1:15:34] | I did, uh, all the woodwork on his boat. | 我在他的船上做些木工 |
[1:15:36] | You know, the Crazy Eight. | 你知道 狂野八号 |
[1:15:39] | I’m sorry, you said the Crazy Eight? | 等等 你说的是那个狂野八号吗 |
[1:15:41] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[1:15:42] | Yeah, the accident really wrecked all of us. | 是的 那事故几乎毁了我们所有人 |
[1:15:44] | Eric more than anyone else, but… | 艾瑞克比任何人都要伤得严重 但 |
[1:15:46] | Are you doing a story about a sailboat? | 你正在写一个关于帆船的故事吗 |
[1:15:49] | Yeah, in a way, I might be. | 没错 某种程度上算是吧 |
[1:15:57] | Hi, it’s Kate from Channel 12 News. | 你好 我是新闻12频道的凯特 |
[1:16:00] | I have a question for you. | 我想问你一件事 |
[1:16:02] | Did you know Patrick Hayes? | 你认识帕特里克吗 |
[1:16:04] | Yeah. I, uh, worked with Patrick | 认识 我曾和他一起工作 |
[1:16:06] | at Inniswell Properties. | 在家好地产 |
[1:16:09] | First job as a paralegal. | 我第一份工作就是当一名律师帮办 |
[1:16:12] | He was great at the business part, | 帕特里克很擅长经商 |
[1:16:14] | but, uh, he had dyslexia, | 但他有阅读困难症 |
[1:16:15] | so reading wasn’t easy for him. | 所以阅读对他而言并非是件易事 |
[1:16:18] | I helped him with research, contracts… | 我帮他调查研究 签订合约 |
[1:16:21] | I was Patrick and Eric’s babysitter. | 我曾是帕特里克和艾瑞克的保姆 |
[1:16:25] | I started when they were little kids, | 从他们小时候起 我就在照顾他们了 |
[1:16:27] | and then they grew up right in front of my eyes. | 他们是在我跟前长大的 |
[1:16:30] | Yes. Patrick Hayes was my patient several years ago. | 是的 帕特里克多年前就是我的病人了 |
[1:16:35] | I can’t discuss specifics, | 我虽不能详细说明 |
[1:16:37] | but I can say he made a remarkable recovery. | 但我敢说他恢复显著 |
[1:16:41] | He was always so grateful. | 他总是对我充满感激 |
[1:16:44] | But I just did what doctors do. | 虽然我只做了医生该做的 |
[1:16:46] | But, um… | 但是 |
[1:16:48] | Patrick can’t be your Good Sam… | 帕特里克不可能是那位神秘慈善家 |
[1:16:50] | because he died… | 因为他死了 |
[1:16:52] | months ago. | 几个月前就已经死了 |
[1:17:01] | – Hey. – Hi. | -嘿 -你好 |
[1:17:02] | – Uh, come on in. – Thanks. | -请进 -谢谢 |
[1:17:16] | Christina Gomez was your babysitter | 克里斯蒂娜是你和帕特里克 |
[1:17:19] | when you and Patrick were little. | 小时候的保姆 |
[1:17:21] | Faith Haywood’s first job was at your brother’s company. | 菲丝第一次就在你哥哥的公司里工作 |
[1:17:24] | Dr. Ellis was Patrick’s doctor when he was sick. | 爱丽丝医师是帕特里克生病时的医生 |
[1:17:28] | And Jesse Durham was his best friend. | 而杰斯是帕特里克最好的朋友 |
[1:17:31] | He used to go sailing with you guys all the time | 他一直都和你们一起乘着 |
[1:17:33] | on the Crazy Eight. | 狂野8号航行 |
[1:17:35] | You’re Good Sam, aren’t you? | 你就是神秘慈善家 对吗 |
[1:17:38] | Come on in. | 请进来细谈 |
[1:17:39] | Let’s talk. | 让我们来谈谈 |
[1:17:46] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:17:51] | where did you get all this money to give away? | 你是在哪儿得到所有的捐献的钱的呢 |
[1:17:56] | My brother’s boat was destroyed in the accident. | 我兄弟的船在一次意外中毁掉了 |
[1:17:59] | And… | 然后 |
[1:18:01] | I got an insurance check… | 我得到了一张保险金支票 |
[1:18:04] | for over 400 grand. | 整整40多万美元 |
[1:18:07] | I told them that it wasn’t my boat, but… | 我告诉他们那不是我的船 但 |
[1:18:10] | as it turns out, | 结果是 |
[1:18:11] | Patrick transferred the ownership to me. | 帕特里克把它的所有权转给了我 |
[1:18:16] | Apparently, that was my surprise. | 很显然 这出乎我意料 |
[1:18:19] | He was giving me the Crazy Eight for my birthday. | 在我过生日时他送给我了狂野8号 |
[1:18:26] | But I failed him. | 但我辜负了他 |
[1:18:32] | So I couldn’t keep the money. | 所以我不能拿着这笔钱 |
[1:18:35] | So that’s why you gave it all away. | 所以 你就把它捐了出去 |
[1:18:40] | There are these friends of his… | 他有许多朋友 |
[1:18:44] | who really made his life better. | 他们都使他生活变得更加美好 |
[1:18:47] | You know, in different ways. | 在不同意义上 |
[1:18:51] | I just thought… | 我觉得 |
[1:18:53] | they deserved it more than me. | 他们比我更值得拥有它 |
[1:18:56] | But why not just give the money to them directly? | 但为什么不直接把钱给他们呢 |
[1:19:02] | I thought they’d enjoy it more and… | 如果他们不因钱的来源而感到重负的话 |
[1:19:05] | do what they needed with it | 我想他们应该会更享用它 |
[1:19:06] | if they weren’t weighed down by where it came from. | 做他们想做的 |
[1:19:14] | I’m really sorry about your brother. | 我对你哥哥的事非常抱歉 |
[1:19:18] | But I think he’d be so proud of what you’ve done here. | 但我认为他肯定为你所做的事而感到自豪 |
[1:19:25] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[1:19:30] | I cannot be your story. | 我不能成为你的故事 |
[1:19:35] | It’s not about a story. | 因为这将不再是个故事 |
[1:19:38] | Not anymore. | 再也不是了 |
[1:19:46] | Channel 12 News has learned | 新闻12频道了解到 |
[1:19:48] | that Jack Hansen is not the Good Samaritan he claimed to be. | 杰克·汉森不是他所声称的那位神秘慈善家 |
[1:19:52] | While Jack Hansen did give away the last $400,000, | 当杰克 汉森捐献40万美元时 |
[1:19:56] | he was not behind the first four gifts. | 他并没有送起初的那四份礼物 |
[1:19:59] | Rather, he copied the original Good Sam | 相反 他只是在借那位神秘慈善家之名 |
[1:20:01] | in order to promote his own political ambitions. | 来宣扬他的政治野心 |
[1:20:04] | So who is the real Good Sam? | 所以谁才是神秘慈善家呢 |
[1:20:07] | Unlike Hansen, he seeks no attention. | 不像汉森 那个人希望低调一点 |
[1:20:10] | Instead, he’s asked to remain anonymous, | 除此之外 他还要求匿名 |
[1:20:12] | expecting nothing in return. | 也不用任何报酬 |
[1:20:14] | And a remarkable thing has happened. | 不可思议的事发生了 |
[1:20:17] | The recipients of Good Sam’s generosity became Good Sams themselves. | 那些接受了恩惠的人也变得和神秘慈善家一样 |
[1:20:22] | One gave a car to her neighbor. | 有一位给了她的邻居一辆车 |
[1:20:24] | One, a substantial donation to a local food bank. | 另一位捐给当地食物赈济处一大笔钱 |
[1:20:27] | Another started a scholarship for paralegals hoping to become lawyers. | 还有一位把奖学金给了那些想成为律师的学生 |
[1:20:31] | The recipient in Brooklyn gave all the money to cancer research. | 在布鲁克林的一位受赠者资助了癌症研究 |
[1:20:36] | What Good Sam never expected | 神秘慈善家从未想到 |
[1:20:38] | was that we would be inspired by his example. | 我们会被他所做的事所鼓舞 |
[1:20:41] | Some people say New York City is a tough place. | 有人说纽约是一个无情而虚伪的地方 |
[1:20:44] | A place where everyone’s out for themselves. | 每个人都无法做自己 |
[1:20:47] | But as I look across our city, | 但现在 当我眺望我们的城市 |
[1:20:49] | I see more kindness | 我能看到 陌生人之间 |
[1:20:50] | between strangers than competition. | 存在更多的善意而不是竞争 |
[1:20:53] | I see people reaching out to help others… | 我能看见人们伸出了他们的援助之手 |
[1:20:55] | on street corners, subway platforms, and in apartment hallways. | 在街角处 在地铁站台上 在公寓过道上 |
[1:21:01] | Thanks to Good Sam, | 多亏了神秘慈善家 |
[1:21:02] | we’re becoming better versions of ourselves. | 我们能够变得更像我们自己 |
[1:21:05] | Kate Bradley, Channel 12 News. | 新闻12频道的凯特·布拉德利为您播报 |
[1:21:07] | – Good work. – Thanks. | -干得好 -谢谢 |
[1:21:09] | – Beautiful reporting, Kate. – Thank you. | -精彩的采访 -谢谢你 |
[1:21:12] | Bye, guys. | 拜拜 大家 |
[1:21:27] | Hey, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[1:21:28] | I saw your report on Jack Hansen. | 我看了你关于杰克·汉森的报道 |
[1:21:30] | You were right about him all along. | 你关于他的想法都是对的 |
[1:21:33] | I should have trusted your instincts. | 我本该相信你的直觉的 |
[1:21:35] | That’s okay. I appreciate that, Dad. | 没关系 爸爸 对此我很感谢 |
[1:21:37] | Whoever the real Good Sam is, | 无论谁是真正的神秘慈善家 |
[1:21:40] | a man like that makes us | 他或她都让我们能够 |
[1:21:42] | see the world… differently. | 用不同的方式看世界 |
[1:21:45] | You haven’t met him, but I think you’d really like him. | 你不必认识他 但我觉得你肯定会喜欢他 |
[1:21:48] | Anyone that makes you happy is all right by me. | 让你快乐的人也让我快乐 |
[1:21:52] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[1:21:53] | – Night, Katie. – Okay, good night. Love you. | -晚安 凯特 -晚安 我爱你 |
[1:22:03] | I was not flirting. | 我才没在打情骂俏呢 |
[1:22:06] | – Really? Not even a little? – Okay, maybe a little. | -真的吗 一点也没有吗 -好吧 可能有点 |
[1:22:13] | So I brought a little surprise for you. Oh. | 我给你带了一个惊喜 |
[1:22:15] | – Close your eyes. – Okay. | -闭上眼睛 -好的 |
[1:22:19] | All right. | 好啦 |
[1:22:20] | Open. | 打开看看 |
[1:22:24] | Cool. | 好酷啊 |
[1:22:27] | Are we going stargazing? | 我们要去看星星吗 |
[1:22:30] | Not quite. | 不完全是 |
[1:22:32] | It’s a clue for where I’m gonna take you tomorrow. | 这有关于明天我要带你去的地方的线索 |
[1:22:36] | Hayden Planetarium? | 是海登天文馆 |
[1:22:38] | The North Pole? | 是北极 |
[1:22:39] | A pirate-themed party? | 还是一个海盗主题派对 |
[1:22:41] | That’s actually closer. It’s on the water. | 很接近了 那个地方在水上 |
[1:22:45] | The Brooklyn Bridge? | 难道是布鲁克林大桥 |
[1:22:49] | Are you asking me to go sailing? | 你是要带我出海吗 |
[1:22:51] | Yeah, I am. | 猜对啦 |
[1:22:53] | And look at that. For once, it’s me asking you questions. | 看看那个 这一次是我要问你问题 |
[1:23:02] | Uh, hello? | 你好吗 |
[1:23:04] | I think you’ve got a fan. | 我觉得有位粉丝要见你 |
[1:23:07] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:23:08] | Excuse me, are you Kate Bradley? | 打扰一下 请问您是凯特·布拉德利吗 |
[1:23:10] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:23:10] | From Channel 12? | 12频道的那位 |
[1:23:13] | I was wondering if you would, uh, | 我在想 您是否能帮我 |
[1:23:14] | thank Good Sam for me. | 感谢一下那位神秘慈善家 |
[1:23:16] | Sure, but what for? | 当然 但为什么而感谢呢 |
[1:23:18] | I just received a scholarship to go to college. | 我收到了一笔大学助学金 |
[1:23:21] | The school didn’t know where it came from, | 但校方也不知道它从何而来 |
[1:23:23] | but I thought for sure it was from Good Sam. | 但我很肯定这一定来自神秘慈善家 |
[1:23:26] | Um… a full scholarship? | 一整笔奖学金 |
[1:23:28] | All four years. | 整整四年的 |
[1:23:30] | Other kids in my graduating class got them as well, | 我的其他同级同学也拿到了 |
[1:23:32] | plus kids in other schools. | 还有其他学校的孩子 |
[1:23:34] | We all received one of these. | 我们还收到了这个 |
[1:23:42] | Do you think it’s from Good Sam? | 你觉得是神秘慈善家吗 |
[1:23:45] | I don’t know. I’d have to ask him. | 我不知道 我得问问他 |
[1:23:48] | Oh, I gotta run, but if it is Good Sam behind all of this… | 我得走了 如果是神秘慈善家做的话 |
[1:23:53] | …thank him for me. | 我想感谢他所做的一切 |
[1:23:54] | Sure. | 没错 |
[1:23:55] | Yeah, definitely. | 这绝对是他 |
[1:24:02] | Do you know anything about this? | 你知道这件事吗 |
[1:24:04] | It wasn’t me. | 不是我做的 |
[1:24:07] | Um… I’m doing my good deeds right here. | 我正在这儿做 好事 呢 |
[1:24:13] | And tomorrow, when I take you sailing… | 明天 当我带你出海的时候 |
[1:24:21] | So wait. Really, you had nothing to do with that? | 等等 说真的 你真的对此事一无所知吗 |
[1:24:23] | I swear. | 我对天起誓 |
[1:24:26] | You really want to chase that story, don’t you? | 你真的不想去追查这个故事吗 |
[1:24:28] | Kind of. | 有点儿想 |
[1:24:30] | Go ahead. I can wait. | 那就去吧 我等你 |
[1:24:32] | Mmm… in a second. | 再等一会儿 |
[1:24:40] | Okay. I’ll be back. | 好的 我马上回来 |
[1:24:45] | Excuse me! | 打扰一下 |
[1:24:47] | Wait! Excuse me! | 等等 等一下 |
[1:24:49] | ♪ Say, say, say it now ♪ | ♪ 说吧 说吧 现在说吧 ♪ |
[1:24:52] | ♪ Above this earth, yeah, we can be loud ♪ | ♪ 在这地球之上 我们能尽情歌唱 ♪ |
[1:24:55] | ♪ No more holding back ♪ | ♪ 没有束缚 ♪ |
[1:24:57] | ♪ Break, break, breaking free ♪ | ♪ 打破 毁坏 冲破所有束缚 ♪ |
[1:24:59] | ♪ No gravity is keeping me down ♪ | ♪ 引力也无法使我下落 ♪ |
[1:25:02] | ♪ We’re not stopping ♪ | ♪ 我们勇往直前 ♪ |
[1:25:03] | ♪ It’s the year of absolutely being ♪ | ♪ 这是毫无疑问的一年 ♪ |
[1:25:07] | ♪ Absolutely nothing ♪ | ♪ 无事幸免 ♪ |
[1:25:10] | ♪ Absolutely crushing ♪ | ♪ 全都粉碎 ♪ |
[1:25:12] | ♪ Absolutely everything ♪ | ♪ 每件事情 ♪ |
[1:25:14] | ♪ Absolutely loving ♪ | ♪ 充满了爱 ♪ |
[1:25:19] | ♪ Absolutely loving ♪ | ♪ 充满了爱 ♪ |
[1:25:21] | ♪ Absolutely ♪ | ♪ 毫无疑问 ♪ |
[1:25:23] | ♪ Will I touch the face of God? ♪ | ♪ 我能见到上帝吗 ♪ |
[1:25:27] | ♪ Could it be a letdown to reach up? ♪ | ♪ 这会不会令我大失所望 ♪ |
[1:25:32] | ♪ I’ve got the gold fever ♪ | ♪ 我为淘金狂热 ♪ |
[1:25:35] | ♪ To hear the rockets sound ♪ | ♪ 倾听火箭破空 ♪ |
[1:25:37] | ♪ One last chance to leave the ground ♪ | ♪ 最后一次离开地面 ♪ |
[1:25:41] | ♪ Say, say, say it now ♪ | ♪ 说吧 说吧 现在说吧 ♪ |
[1:25:43] | ♪ Above this earth, yeah, we can be loud ♪ | ♪ 在这地球之上 我们能尽情歌唱 ♪ |
[1:25:47] | ♪ No more holding back ♪ | ♪ 没有束缚 ♪ |
[1:25:48] | ♪ Break, break, breaking free ♪ | ♪ 打破 毁坏 冲破所有束缚 ♪ |
[1:25:50] | ♪ No gravity is keeping me down ♪ | ♪ 引力也无法使我下落 ♪ |
[1:25:54] | ♪ We’re not stopping ♪ | ♪ 我们勇往直前 ♪ |
[1:25:55] | ♪ It’s the year of absolutely being ♪ | ♪ 这是毫无疑问的一年 ♪ |
[1:25:59] | ♪ Absolutely nothing ♪ | ♪ 无事幸免 ♪ |
[1:26:01] | ♪ Absolutely crushing ♪ | ♪ 全都粉碎 ♪ |
[1:26:04] | ♪ Absolutely everything ♪ | ♪ 每件事情 ♪ |
[1:26:06] | ♪ Absolutely loving ♪ | ♪ 都充满爱 ♪ |
[1:26:11] | ♪ Absolutely loving ♪ | ♪ 充满爱 ♪ |
[1:26:13] | ♪ Absolutely ♪ | ♪ 毫无疑问 ♪ |
[1:26:25] | ♪ ‘Cause if you’ve got a young soul ♪ | ♪ 因为你遇见年轻的灵魂 ♪ |
[1:26:27] | ♪ Oh ♪ | ♪ 欧 ♪ |
[1:26:29] | ♪ I know which way that I’ll go ♪ | ♪ 我知道要去何方 ♪ |
[1:26:32] | ♪ Oh ♪ | ♪ 欧 ♪ |
[1:26:35] | ♪ Say, say, say it now ♪ | ♪ 说吧 说吧 现在说吧 ♪ |
[1:26:37] | ♪ Above this earth, yeah, we can be loud ♪ | ♪ 在这地球之上 我们能尽情歌唱 ♪ |
[1:26:41] | ♪ No more holding back ♪ | ♪ 没有束缚 ♪ |
[1:26:42] | ♪ Break, break, breaking free ♪ | ♪ 打破 毁坏 冲破所有束缚 ♪ |
[1:26:45] | ♪ No gravity is keeping me down ♪ | ♪ 引力也无法使我下落 ♪ |
[1:26:48] | ♪ We’re not stopping ♪ | ♪ 我们勇往直前 ♪ |
[1:26:49] | ♪ It’s the year of absolutely being ♪ | ♪ 这是毫无疑问的一年 ♪ |
[1:26:53] | ♪ Absolutely nothing ♪ | ♪ 无事幸免 ♪ |
[1:26:55] | ♪ Absolutely crushing ♪ | ♪ 全都毁灭 ♪ |
[1:26:58] | ♪ Absolutely everything ♪ | ♪ 每件事 ♪ |
[1:27:00] | ♪ Absolutely loving ♪ | ♪ 充满着爱 ♪ |
[1:27:05] | ♪ Absolutely loving ♪ | ♪ 充满着爱 ♪ |
[1:27:07] | ♪ Absolutely ♪ | ♪ 毫无疑问 ♪ |
[1:27:14] | ♪ No more holding back ♪ | ♪ 没有束缚 ♪ |
[1:27:21] | ♪ We’re not stopping ♪ | ♪ 我们勇往直前 ♪ |
[1:27:22] | ♪ It’s the year of absolutely being ♪ | ♪ 这是无疑的一年 ♪ |
[1:27:26] | ♪ Absolutely nothing ♪ | ♪ 无事幸免 ♪ |
[1:27:28] | ♪ Absolutely crushing ♪ | ♪ 全都毁灭 ♪ |
[1:27:31] | ♪ Absolutely everything ♪ | ♪ 每件事 ♪ |
[1:27:33] | ♪ Absolutely loving ♪ | ♪ 都充满爱 ♪ |
[1:27:38] | ♪ Absolutely loving ♪ | ♪ 充满爱 ♪ |
[1:27:40] | ♪ Absolutely ♪ | ♪ 全都毫无疑问 ♪ |