时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on This Is Us… | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:03] | I came here for my brother. | 我来这儿找我弟弟 |
[00:04] | I was hoping to take him back with me. | 我希望能带他跟我回去 |
[00:07] | You should’ve left me to rot! | 你该让我自生自灭 |
[00:09] | Join my campaign. | 加入我的竞选团队吧 |
[00:11] | You swear this is not a pity job? | 你发誓这不是出于怜悯的工作 |
[00:13] | I wouldn’t dare offer you a pity job. | 我哪敢出于怜悯给你工作呢 |
[00:15] | – Hey, I’m Randall. – Uh, Jesse. | -你好 我是兰德尔 -我是杰西 |
[00:17] | Nice to meet you, Jesse. | 很高兴认识你 杰西 |
[00:19] | Did William ever mention a Jesse? | 威廉提起过杰西吗 |
[00:20] | Dad, Grandpa’s gay. | 爸爸 爷爷是同性恋 |
[00:23] | Or at least bi. | 不然至少是双性恋 |
[00:26] | There’s no Jack here. It’s Pilgrim Rick. | 这里没有杰克 我是朝圣者瑞克 |
[00:29] | I want every Thanksgiving | 今后的每一个感恩节 |
[00:31] | to be like this for the rest of my life. | 我都要像今天这样过 |
[00:45] | Can I help you with anything? | 有什么需要我帮助的吗 |
[00:47] | Maybe you could have asked me that question | 也许你可以在我开始切洋葱之前 |
[00:48] | before I started cutting the onions. | 问我这个问题 |
[00:50] | No, because then you’d have me cutting the onions. | 我不 那样你就会让我切洋葱了 |
[00:52] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[00:56] | This is probably our last Thanksgiving | 这大概是最后一次 |
[00:58] | with the kids all living here. | 跟所有孩子一起过感恩节了 |
[00:59] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[01:00] | With how much they’ve been at each other’s throats, | 他们总是看彼此不顺眼 |
[01:01] | maybe that’s a good thing. | 这样也好 |
[01:03] | – Whoa, Bec. – Hmm? | -小贝 -怎么了 |
[01:05] | Are you opening up a pie shop that I don’t know about? | 难道你打算背着我开一家派店吗 |
[01:07] | I know, I kind of overdid it, huh? | 是啊 我好像做多了 是吧 |
[01:12] | Do you think we made a mistake by not giving the kids | 我们没有多邀请家人来陪陪孩子们 |
[01:14] | some big, extended family Thanksgiving? | 你觉得是不是不太好呢 |
[01:17] | No, come on. Our families are terrible. | 不会 我们的家人太糟糕了 |
[01:20] | But Miguel’s coming over. | 但是米格尔要来 |
[01:21] | He’s pretty much extended family. | 他可以算是多邀请的家人 |
[01:22] | I know, and I feel like a traitor for having him over. | 我知道 邀请他让我觉得自己是个叛徒 |
[01:25] | Bec, you’re not a traitor. | 小贝 你不是叛徒 |
[01:26] | His ex is my best friend, | 他前妻是我的好朋友 |
[01:28] | and he’s coming for Thanksgiving. | 可感恩节我居然邀请了他 |
[01:30] | That’s best friend treason. | 这就叫背叛了好朋友 |
[01:31] | Bec, it’s the man’s first Thanksgiving since the divorce. | 小贝 离婚之后他第一次过感恩节 |
[01:35] | And with Shelly taking the kids to Connecticut for her family, | 雪莉带着孩子去康涅狄格州找她娘家 |
[01:38] | he would be alone otherwise. | 就剩他一个人了 |
[01:40] | Well, maybe he wouldn’t be alone | 可是 如果他当初 |
[01:43] | if he’d fought a little harder to save his marriage. | 努力挽回他的婚姻 现在也不会一个人 |
[01:45] | That is Shelly’s side of things. | 这是雪莉那边的说法 |
[01:47] | I didn’t know we were taking sides. | 难道我们之间还要站队吗 |
[01:49] | Well, do you want to take sides? | 你想站队吗 |
[01:50] | I don’t want to take sides. I don’t want to have a fight. | 我不想站队 我不想吵架 |
[01:52] | I don’t want to take sides, either. | 我也不想站队 |
[01:57] | What is that? | 什么声音 |
[01:58] | Uh… sounds like laughter. | 听起来似乎是笑声 |
[02:00] | – From our moody teenagers? – It couldn’t be. | -咱家小魔头们的笑声吗 -不可能的 |
[02:02] | – Shall we investigate? – Shall we ever. | -我们要去调查下吗 -正有此意 |
[02:08] | Don’t make it complicated. | 不要弄得太复杂 |
[02:10] | – What’s so funny? – Randall’s college essay. | -什么事这么好笑 -兰德尔的大学论文 |
[02:12] | – It’s not that funny. – Okay, then go ahead. | -没那么好笑 -好啊 那你自己来 |
[02:14] | – Read them the question. – No. | -把题目念出来 -不要 |
[02:16] | – Read it. – Come on. | -快念 -快 |
[02:17] | – Come on. – So the question is, | -来吧 -题目是 |
[02:19] | “So far, what person has most impacted your life?” | “目前为止 哪个人对你人生的影响最大” |
[02:22] | And he doesn’t want to go | 他不想选 |
[02:23] | with the firefighter who found him on the steps. | 当时在台阶上找到他的消防员 |
[02:25] | – But the question is flawed. – No, no, no. | -但这个问题有缺陷 -不 |
[02:27] | The question is an underhanded softball | 这个问题就是一颗低飞球 |
[02:29] | – that you should clobber. – Clobber, Randall. | -你应该使劲打 -使劲打 兰德尔 |
[02:31] | – No… – It’s so easy. | -不 -这么简单 |
[02:31] | Right? | 对啊 |
[02:32] | The whole premise of the question is wrong. | 这个题目的前提就是错的 |
[02:34] | No one person can have the greatest impact | 对一个人的人生产生重大影响的 |
[02:36] | – on your life. – Oh, my– Blah, blah, blah. | -不一定是某个人 -天哪 又来了 |
[02:37] | Can someone please tell him that he’s overthinking this? | 拜托来一个人告诉他 他真的想多了 |
[02:39] | Hey, your brother’s gonna make the right decision. | 你弟弟肯定能做出最正确的选择 |
[02:41] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[02:43] | The fireman’s a layup. | 消防员是送分答案 |
[02:44] | – Oh! There you go. – He said it himself. | -没错 -他自己也说了 |
[02:46] | – Come on. – Kev, ball. | -别这样 -小凯 玩球 |
[02:48] | – Interception! – Not inside… | -拦截 -别在家里玩… |
[02:54] | I don’t want to play. | 我不想玩 |
[02:55] | I’m not playing! | 我不玩 |
[02:58] | Touchdown! | 触地得分 |
[03:01] | Doorbell. Doorbell. | 门铃 门铃响了 |
[03:02] | Hey, Kev, you want to get that? | 小凯 你去开一下呗 |
[03:07] | How long does it take them to go to the store | 他们就是去超市买个树莓酱 |
[03:08] | and get cranberry sauce? I called an hour ago, Shelly. | 到底要花多久 我一个小时前就打过了 |
[03:13] | Shelly, I just wanna say Happy Thanksgiving to our kids. | 雪莉 我只是想跟孩子们说一句感恩节快乐 |
[03:16] | Shelly, don’t hang up on me! | 雪莉 别挂我电话 |
[03:20] | She hung up on me. | 她挂我电话 |
[03:24] | Hey. Happy Thanksgiving. | 感恩节快乐 |
[03:27] | I brought a pie. | 我带了派 |
[03:31] | – I’m gonna go put it in the kitchen. – Yeah, okay. | -我去放到厨房里 -好 |
[03:41] | So, the person who’s made the biggest impact on your life? | 题目是对你人生影响最大的人吗 |
[03:43] | – Yeah. – Ooh, that fireman who found you. | -是 -对了 那个找到你的消防员 |
[03:45] | – No. No. I’m not… – Randall, colleges love that kind of stuff. | -不 我不要 -兰德尔 大学很吃这一套 |
[03:47] | – I’m not doing that… – Hello. | -我不想那样… -有人吗 |
[03:48] | Uh, can somebody grab the Pilgrim Rick hat, please? | 谁能去取一下朝圣者瑞克的帽子 |
[03:50] | Wow. You guys still do that stuff? | 天哪 你们还会玩那个吗 |
[03:52] | Sure do, pal. Family tradition. | 当然了 兄弟 这是家族传统 |
[03:54] | – That we’ve outgrown. – Oh, come on. | -我们都这么大了 -别这样 |
[03:55] | Aw, I still like when Dad does Pilgrim Rick. | 我还很喜欢看爸爸扮朝圣者瑞克 |
[03:58] | Thank you, Katie girl. | 谢谢你 凯特宝贝 |
[03:59] | Yeah, and it covers all the grays. | 对啊 而且还能遮掉你的白头发 |
[04:02] | Ooh, do you need some ice for that burn? | 这句吐槽太狠了 要给你冰敷一下吗 |
[04:03] | – She got you. – I thought this was a Thanksgiving dinner. | -太狠了 -这不是感恩节晚宴吗 |
[04:06] | I didn’t realize it was a roast. | 怎么成了吐槽大会 |
[04:07] | Hey, a little bit of both. | 混搭才好玩嘛 |
[04:08] | – Yeah, okay, sure. – Here, you might need the… | -好吧 行 -来 给你点安慰… |
[04:11] | You knock it off with that… | 你们不许再闹了… |
[04:13] | Excuse me a second. | 失陪一下 |
[04:15] | Don’t take sides. | 不要站队 |
[04:24] | Hey. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 对不起 |
[04:29] | You know, I get the stress of who gets the house, | 房子归谁 还有什么赡养费之类的 |
[04:34] | and the alimony and all that crap, | 这些我都能理解 |
[04:37] | but turning the kids against me? | 但是让孩子们讨厌我 |
[04:39] | Your kids can’t be turned against you, Miguel. | 孩子们不会讨厌你的 米格尔 |
[04:41] | Okay? They love you. | 好吗 他们很爱你 |
[04:43] | Come on, Jack. Just say it like it is. | 得了吧 杰克 你说实话 |
[04:46] | We both know that I wasn’t there | 我们都心知肚明 |
[04:47] | for Andy and Amber like I should’ve been. | 我没有照顾好安迪和安波 |
[04:50] | Work always came first, and now I’m paying the price. | 我总是工作优先 现在要付出代价了 |
[04:56] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[04:59] | You could have… you could’ve been a more present father. | 你本来是可以做一个更顾家的父亲 |
[05:03] | You know? But you wanted to provide for your family. | 不是吗 但你想要赚钱养家 |
[05:07] | I’ve never seen anyone work as hard as you. | 我从没见过像你这么努力工作的人 |
[05:10] | You know, I remember, I remember when you made upper management. | 我记得 记得当你做到高层管理时 |
[05:14] | I remember how proud of you I was. | 我多么为你骄傲 |
[05:18] | You were gonna be doing the big deals with the big boys. | 你终于要跟那些大人物做大买卖了 |
[05:22] | And then you figured out that the big deals | 结果你发现这些大买卖 |
[05:24] | were done on a golf course. | 是在高尔夫球场谈的 |
[05:26] | And so what did you do? | 然后你做了什么 |
[05:29] | You bought some clubs, you got lessons. | 你买了几根球杆 上了几堂课 |
[05:31] | You would go to the range after work and hit balls… | 你下了班会去球场打球 |
[05:35] | Instead of going home and having a family dinner. | 而不是回家 跟家人一起吃晚餐 |
[05:37] | until a Puerto Rican kid | 直到一个波多黎各孩子 |
[05:38] | who’d never been to business school, | 一个从没上过商学院的人 |
[05:41] | who-who’d never set foot on a golf course, | 一个从没踏足过高尔夫球场的人 |
[05:44] | let alone played on one, joins his boss’s Saturday foursome, | 更别提打高尔夫了 加入他老板周六四人行 |
[05:49] | and he becomes country club champion four years in a row. | 并连续四年成为乡村俱乐部冠军 |
[05:54] | You got to take that fight, | 你得去争取 |
[05:55] | and you need to show your kids that | 你要向你的孩子表明 |
[05:58] | you are still their father. | 你还是他们的父亲 |
[06:01] | You hear me? | 听明白了吗 |
[06:05] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[06:06] | You don’t want to be 65 years old and not know your grandkids. | 你不想到了65岁的时候不认识你的孙子吧 |
[06:19] | Man, what’s a guy got to do to get some turkey around here? | 拜托 怎样才能在这儿吃上火鸡 |
[06:29] | Hey, have you heard from Jae-won? | 你收到在元的回复了吗 |
[06:31] | About moving today’s soup kitchen visit | 关于把今天的施粥场 |
[06:34] | from the church to the rec center. | 从教堂改到活动中心 |
[06:35] | Not yet. What about it? | 还没 怎么了 |
[06:37] | – Can you rinse and repeat, baby? – I’m sorry. | -你能漱个口再说吗 亲爱的 -抱歉 |
[06:46] | – I have not heard from Jae-won. – Okay. | -我还没收到在元的回复 -好吧 |
[06:48] | I hope he’s on board with me changing the venue. | 希望他同意我换场地 |
[06:50] | I’m not sure he likes me working on the campaign. | 他好像不喜欢我参与竞选的事 |
[06:52] | What? That’s crazy. | 什么 你想多了 |
[06:55] | You’ve had, like, 300 stupendous ideas | 自从你加入我的竞选 |
[06:57] | since joining my campaign. | 提了大概三百个绝妙的想法了 |
[06:58] | The fish-fry fundraiser, | 炸鱼募资 |
[06:59] | pushing for the town hall debate next week. | 把市政厅辩论推到下周 |
[07:01] | Plus, you look smoking even when you’re dressing down | 另外 即使你去施粥场的低调打扮 |
[07:03] | for a soup kitchen. | 看起来都美极了 |
[07:05] | Okay. You’re right. | 好了 你说得对 |
[07:06] | I’m crushing being your field director. | 我做你的现场主管做得好极了 |
[07:08] | You are. | 确实是 |
[07:14] | Hustle now. | 现在赶紧 |
[07:14] | – Yes. – Okay? I’ll meet you downstairs. | -是 -楼下见 |
[07:16] | Toby and Kate will be here any minute. | 托比和凯特马上就到了 |
[07:18] | You sure they’re up to cooking while we’re out? | 你确定让他们自己在家做饭没问题吗 |
[07:20] | I mean, Kate’s all IVF’d up, | 毕竟凯特现在怀孕了 |
[07:22] | and Toby’s just getting back on his feet. | 托比又才刚刚振作起来 |
[07:23] | I quadruple-checked. | 我确认过四次了 |
[07:24] | They are excited to be in charge this year. | 他们很希望今年能掌厨 |
[07:26] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[07:30] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[07:37] | 感恩节快乐 黛佳 妈妈 | |
[07:44] | I don’t feel good. | 我觉得不舒服 |
[07:47] | No fever. Go lie down, okay? | 没发烧 去躺着 好吗 |
[07:50] | – I’ll tell Aunt Kate to keep an eye on you. – Okay. | -我会跟凯特姑姑说看着点你 -好的 |
[07:59] | Happy Thanksgiving. | 感恩节快乐 |
[08:00] | – Happy Thanksgiving. – Happy Thanksgiving. | -感恩节快乐 -感恩节快乐 |
[08:02] | The cavalry is here! | 骑兵团到了 |
[08:04] | All right. What do we got here? | 好吧 这都有什么 |
[08:09] | How’s my sis feeling with her little turducken in the oven? | 我姐姐怀着宝宝感觉怎么样 |
[08:12] | Pretty good. | 很好 |
[08:13] | Yeah. The morning sickness isn’t too bad, | 晨吐没那么严重 |
[08:15] | and Toby’s been coming through with the back rubs. | 托比会帮我按摩背 |
[08:17] | Yeah. My fingers are basically tension assassins. | 我的手指基本上就是压力终结者 |
[08:19] | – Give me some of that. – Oh, you know what? | -让我感受一下 -你知道吗 |
[08:22] | Tess isn’t feeling well. | 苔丝有点不舒服 |
[08:23] | Is it okay with you guys if she stays here with you? | 她留在家里跟你们一起可以吗 |
[08:25] | Yeah, that’d be good practice for us | 当然 我们正好可以练习练习 |
[08:27] | for when we have a little sicko of our own. | 应付我们以后自己的孩子生病的情况 |
[08:29] | – Are you sure? – If this is too much for you, Tobe, you just… | -真的可以吗 -托比 如果你应付不来 |
[08:30] | Because we can make another arrangement, right? | 我们也可以再想其他安排 好吗 |
[08:32] | Look, guys, guys, guys, guys. Hey, this– it’s great. | 听着 两位两位 没问题的 |
[08:34] | We’ll watch Tess. This is gonna be fine. | 我们会照顾苔丝 没事的 |
[08:36] | Look, my comeback is about small victories, all right? | 听着 我这次复原是场小胜战 好吗 |
[08:39] | And helping Kate cook a 15-pound Butterball | 而帮助凯特按照史努和玛莎的菜谱 |
[08:42] | using Snoop and Martha’s recipe | 烹饪一只十四斤重的胖火鸡 |
[08:44] | will be a small but meaningful victory. | 将会是场小却有意义的胜利 |
[08:46] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[08:47] | Hey, girls, let’s hit the road! | 孩子们 我们出发了 |
[08:51] | So, if anything happens, | 如果有任何事 |
[08:52] | just give us a call. We’ll be back by 4:00. | 就给我们打个电话 我们会在四点前回来 |
[08:53] | – Okay. – Yeah? All right. Let’s hit it. | -好的 -好吧 我们出发吧 |
[08:55] | Hey, Annie, why is there a gigantic teddy bear | 安妮 为什么有一个硕大的泰迪熊 |
[08:58] | sitting at the dining room table? | 坐在餐桌旁边 |
[08:59] | It’s a secret. | 那是个秘密 |
[09:00] | A secret? It’s creepy is what it is. | 秘密 它就是吓人的 |
[09:03] | – All right, have fun… – Have fun. | -好了 玩得开心 -在收容所 |
[09:05] | at the homeless shelter. | 玩得开心 |
[09:13] | Be right with you, folks. | 马上过来 |
[09:19] | Hello, little ladies. | 小姑娘们好 |
[09:20] | Don’t you guys look beautiful? | 你们看起来真美 |
[09:22] | Uh, you want to go help them over there? | 你们去那边帮帮忙怎么样 |
[09:26] | Explain to me how this is better than Linwood Baptist. | 能解释一下这里比林伍德浸信会好在哪吗 |
[09:28] | Well, we just felt like, uh, the athletic center | 我们就是觉得活动中心 |
[09:31] | represents a broader sample of the 12th. | 更能反映第12街区的风貌 |
[09:34] | Did we? Because, you know, at this very moment, | 是吗 可你们知道此时此刻 |
[09:36] | Sol Brown is handing out turkeys over at Linwood Baptist, | 索尔·布朗正在林伍德浸信会发火鸡吗 |
[09:39] | the biggest Thanksgiving soup kitchen in the city, | 那是这个城市最大的感恩节施粥场 |
[09:41] | which gets photographed every year by The Inquirer, | 那里每年都会有《问询者报》 |
[09:43] | The Telegraph, The Philadelphia Tribune… | 《电讯报》 《费城论坛报》拍照 |
[09:44] | Please stop saying newspapers at me. | 拜托别再跟我说报纸了 |
[09:47] | We-we don’t need a photo op, you know? | 我们不是要搞竞选秀 好吗 |
[09:48] | Randall wants to connect with the people. | 兰德尔想跟人们联系起来 |
[09:50] | He doesn’t want to look like the guy who drove in | 他不希望被人认为是专门赶过来 |
[09:52] | to hold a ladle and get his picture taken. | 拿着汤勺 拍张照片而已 |
[09:54] | – We just want… – I need to go to the bathroom. | -我们只是想…-我要去厕所 |
[09:57] | To not be continued. | 未完不续 |
[10:00] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[10:04] | Have we landed on a job title for your wife? | 已经给你老婆找到职位名了吗 |
[10:06] | Yeah, field director. She’ll spread my message, coordinate… | 现场主管 她发布我的消息 协调… |
[10:09] | I’m aware what a field director does, since I usually hire them. | 我知道现场主管做什么 毕竟一般是我招人 |
[10:12] | Randall, has your wife ever worked on a campaign? | 兰德尔 你老婆参与过竞选活动吗 |
[10:16] | Because I think she needs to understand | 因为我认为她需要明白 |
[10:17] | – that there’s a system here. – Hey, Jae-won. | -这儿有个系统 -在元 |
[10:19] | You’ve done an amazing job. | 你表现得很好 |
[10:21] | All right? You joining my campaign | 明白吗 我的竞选团队有你加入 |
[10:22] | has been divine intervention. | 如有神助 |
[10:25] | But Beth is my wife, and she’s for real | 可贝丝是我的妻子 她也是认真的 |
[10:28] | and it’s not open for discussion. | 这个话题就到此为止吧 |
[10:33] | Well, this is fun. | 这倒有点意思 |
[10:49] | Here you go. Happy Thanksgiving to you. | 拿好 感恩节快乐 |
[10:51] | They’re raising my rent again. | 他们又要加收我房租了 |
[10:53] | – They want me to move out. – Of course they do. | -他们想逼我搬出去 -那是当然 |
[10:56] | Landlords want higher income earners to move in. | 房东总是希望招些高收入群体的租客 |
[11:04] | Happy Thanksgiving to you, young man. Okay. | 感恩节快乐 小伙儿 感恩节快乐 |
[11:29] | Don’t be shy. This is a growing girl. | 多给点嘛 她还在长身体 |
[11:35] | Deja, you’re giving too many. | 黛佳 你给得太多了 |
[11:37] | The man said only one cookie a person. | 那个人说一人只给一块饼干 |
[11:39] | Well, the man doesn’t get it. | 那个人不了解情况 |
[11:42] | – Man.. – What? | -天呐 -怎么了 |
[11:43] | None of my messages are getting through to Kate. | 我给凯特的消息都发送失败了 |
[11:46] | Mm. This reception sucks. | 这里信号真差 |
[11:48] | We should put that on our platform: | 我们下次演讲的时候应该提到 |
[11:50] | fix cell phone service in Philly. | 改善费城的手机信号问题 |
[11:52] | Happy Thanksgiving. | 感恩节快乐 |
[12:00] | No, no. Wait, wait, hold up. | 等等 等等 别着急走 |
[12:01] | Great news. I convinced a photographer from Linwood Baptist | 好消息 我请到一位在林伍德浸信会的摄影师 |
[12:03] | to come here and take some pictures. | 他答应过来拍几张照片 |
[12:05] | Best of both worlds, baby. | 两全其美 棒极了 |
[12:06] | – Oh, dude, that’s great. – Yeah. | -伙计 这真是太棒了 -是啊 |
[12:07] | That’s-that’s great, right? | 太棒了 对吧 |
[12:12] | I’m sorry, guys. I just… I don’t think it’s a good idea. | 抱歉 伙计们 我不觉得这是个好主意 |
[12:14] | People came here to have a nice meal with their families, | 人们到这里是想和家人吃顿可口的饭菜 |
[12:17] | and most of them don’t want to be photographed | 他们大部分人并不想拍照 |
[12:19] | getting a handout. You know, Randall’s whole strategy… | 收到宣传册 兰德尔的整个策略… |
[12:22] | You know, his strategy is to get more votes | 他的整个策略就是比现在 |
[12:23] | than he currently has, Beth. | 获得很多的选票 贝丝 |
[12:29] | Guys, stop. | 伙计们 别吵了 |
[12:33] | All right, I’m sorry, Jae-won. | 好吧 我很抱歉 在元 |
[12:41] | – I-I called in a favor, man. – I know, | -我动了关系才请到的 -我懂 |
[12:44] | and I’m sorry, but you should’ve run it by us first. | 我很抱歉 但你应该先告诉我们一声 |
[12:46] | No, actually, no, because I’m the campaign manager | 事实上不需要 因为我是竞选经理 |
[12:48] | – and what I’m supposed to do is get – Jae-won, please. | -我要做的就是…-在元 别说了 |
[12:50] | Randall, you’re making a mistake. | 兰德尔 你这么做是不对的 |
[12:51] | What do you want me to do, man? | 那你想让我怎么办 伙计 |
[12:52] | I don’t care if it’s a mistake, | 我不在乎这样做对不对 |
[12:54] | she’s my wife. | 她是我的妻子 |
[13:01] | Yeah, um, happy Thanksgiving. | 好吧 感恩节快乐 |
[13:05] | To you and yours as well, man. Hey… | 你和你的家人也一样 |
[13:08] | Oh, man. | 我的天 |
[13:10] | Yeah… | 那个… |
[13:17] | Ooh, a terrier! Dad, could we go play with it? | 小猎犬 爸 我们能和它玩玩吗 |
[13:20] | – Yeah, let’s go say hi. – Oh, yay! | -去吧 过去打个招呼 -太棒了 |
[13:24] | Hey, Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[13:26] | Yeah. | 怎么了 |
[13:27] | I’m just curious. | 我有点好奇 |
[13:29] | Of my 300 ideas over the past few weeks, | 过去几周我想出的三百多个主意 |
[13:32] | how many of them did you really think were– | 有多少主意你觉得是 |
[13:35] | What’s the word you used? | 你怎么形容来着 |
[13:37] | – Stupendous. – Or… | -绝妙的 -或者… |
[13:39] | how many times were you just trying to make me feel good | 有多少次你这么说只是为了让我好过点 |
[13:42] | because you thought your recently-fired wife | 因为你觉得你刚被炒的妻子 |
[13:44] | needed a win? | 需要找点自信 |
[13:47] | Beth… Oh, man. That’s what I thought. | 贝丝 天啊 真如我所想 |
[13:53] | Actually, it’s not what I thought, | 其实 我并没有这么想 |
[13:55] | you know, which really sucks. – | 正因为这样我才难过 |
[14:00] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[14:02] | – What is it? – Oh, man. We got to get home. | -怎么了 -天啊 我们得回家了 |
[14:04] | – Come on, girls. Let’s go. – Come on. | -走了 孩子们 回家了 -走吧 |
[14:40] | How we feeling? | 感觉如何 |
[14:43] | We felt better shoveling crap back at my base. | 我更愿意在原来的部队铲屎 |
[14:46] | Yeah, I’ll bet. | 我想也是 |
[14:48] | Got about a week more to get that junk out of your system. | 再过一周时间就能让你摆脱那些破事了 |
[14:50] | Roger that, Sarge. Glad to hear you got a new mission. | 收到 上士 很高兴你有了新的任务 |
[14:58] | G.I.! | 当兵的 |
[15:05] | The boy cut his foot on the wire last week. | 那个男孩上周让铁丝网划伤了脚 |
[15:08] | Then the wire is doing its job. | 这就是铁丝网的用处 |
[15:16] | Supply chopper’s bringing a hot turkey. | 补给飞机带来了热乎的火鸡 |
[15:18] | Me and some of the guys are gonna have | 我和大伙儿要坐下来 |
[15:20] | a sit-down Thanksgiving dinner. | 吃顿感恩节晚餐 |
[15:22] | You’re welcome to join us. | 欢迎你加入我们 |
[15:23] | That is, if you can leave your sunny-ass disposition here. | 如果你能把你臭屁的性情放一放的话 |
[15:37] | My dad’s smoked turkey, the best. | 我爸做的烟熏火鸡 无人能比 |
[15:40] | You’d smoke anything, Murph. | 你烟熏的东西都喜欢 墨菲 |
[15:48] | – Who you writing? – Robinson. | -在给谁写信呢 -罗宾森 |
[15:52] | Figured he’d, uh, | 想着他 |
[15:53] | he’d want to know about all the fun that he’s missing. | 他会想知道他都错过了什么有趣的事 |
[15:56] | Hey, uh, what’s the deal with your brother, Sarge? | 你弟弟到底怎么回事 上士 |
[16:05] | He’s fine. Just misses home. | 他没事 就是有点想家 |
[16:08] | He ain’t fine. He’s a medic. | 他不像没事 他是名医生 |
[16:11] | He shovels guts back into body cavities. | 他负责把内脏塞回身体里面 |
[16:13] | Meanwhile, you all treat us like the field goal kicker | 再说我们在你们眼中就是射门员 |
[16:15] | till you take a bullet and want morphine. | 等到你们中枪需要吗啡时 |
[16:17] | Then we’re your best friend. | 才想到我是你们的朋友 |
[16:37] | Miss, can I…? | 小姐 我能… |
[16:41] | Heavy. | 很重 |
[17:32] | You haven’t been catching any fish. | 你们很久没有捕到鱼了 |
[17:36] | No, no fish. I-I brought food. | 没有鱼 我带了吃的 |
[17:40] | Food. Thuc… | 吃的 |
[17:45] | Food. Food. | 食物 吃的 |
[17:51] | Your boy, is he-he okay? He’s okay? | 你的孩子 他没事吧 他怎么样了 |
[17:57] | Can I see him? | 我能看看他吗 |
[18:00] | Can I see him? | 我能看看他吗 |
[18:35] | Okay. | 没事的 |
[18:45] | – Nicky, wake up. Come on. – What? | -尼奇 醒醒 快来 -什么事 |
[18:48] | Hustle up, let’s go. | 快点 快走 |
[18:49] | Come on. | 快点 |
[18:58] | He’s burning up. His foot’s infected. | 他在发烧 他的脚感染了 |
[19:02] | I’m not gonna save a kid’s life | 我可不想救这小孩的命 |
[19:03] | just so he can grow up one day and zap Americans. | 好让他长大后有天反过来打美国人 |
[19:06] | Clean and dress the wound. | 过来清理包扎伤口 |
[19:08] | No. | 不 |
[19:10] | Clean and bandage the wound. That is an order. | 清理包扎伤口 这是命令 |
[19:22] | He’s gonna be okay. | 他会没事的 |
[19:24] | He’s gonna be okay, but this is gonna hurt, okay? | 他会没事的 但接下来会有点疼 要忍住 |
[19:27] | It’s gonna sting, ouch. | 或会有些刺痛 |
[19:32] | It’s okay, it’s okay. | 没事的 没事的 |
[19:38] | Okay in there, Sarge? | 你那边没事吧 上士 |
[19:39] | Yeah! We’re doing good. | 没事 我们没事 |
[20:24] | He’s just a kid, Nicky. | 他只是个孩子 尼奇 |
[20:29] | You need to wake the hell up. | 你睁大眼睛看清楚 |
[20:32] | This ville is nothing but women | 这村里都是些妇女 |
[20:35] | and kids and old men. | 孩子和老人 |
[20:45] | My first CO here was a guy | 我的第一位指挥官 |
[20:49] | named Captain Greg Minetto. | 是格雷格·米内托上尉 |
[20:53] | “Bones,” We called him. | 我们叫他”骨头” |
[20:57] | We were pulling security outside Da Nang, | 当时我们军队正在撤离岘港 |
[21:00] | and I’m brand new in-country, | 而我头一次进入内陆 |
[21:03] | virgin, scared to death. | 毫无经验 吓得要死 |
[21:07] | Sometimes the guys got on my ass. | 有时别人会捉弄我 |
[21:13] | I mean, I couldn’t stick on a damn Band-Aid without shaking. | 我连贴块创可贴 都忍不住发抖 |
[21:19] | But one time, | 但有一次 |
[21:20] | Bones got fed up with them always ragging on me, so… | “骨头”受够他们对我的嘲弄了 所以… |
[21:25] | he grabs a big chicken from the ville, | 他从村子里抓来一只大鸡 |
[21:29] | and bam, | 然后突然一下 |
[21:31] | chops off its head with his Ka-Bar. | 用他的卡巴刀砍掉了鸡头 |
[21:35] | And the chicken’s flapping around without a head, | 于是那只无头鸡扑打着翅膀乱转 |
[21:38] | blood gushing, | 血流不止 |
[21:41] | and Bones takes the chicken and he tosses it to me. | 然后”骨头”捡起那只鸡丢给了我 |
[21:45] | There I am, with a bloody, flapping chicken, | 我就在那 抱着一只血淋淋扑腾的鸡 |
[21:49] | and Bones says to the guys, “Pretend that chicken’s you. | “骨头”对他们说 “假装你就是那只鸡 |
[21:55] | Pretend you’re the one flapping around, | 假装你在那扑腾着乱转 |
[21:57] | Screaming for a medic, bullets still flying.” | 在枪林弹雨中 尖叫着呼唤医疗兵” |
[22:02] | “You best hope Nicky doesn’t mind | “你们最好希望尼奇乐意 |
[22:03] | trying to save your sorry ass, | 救你们的贱命 |
[22:05] | because Nicky’s all you got.” | 因为你们只能指望尼奇” |
[22:14] | And after that, the guys showed me a little respect. | 自那以后 他们对我表现了一点尊重 |
[22:21] | I mean, how could you not love Bones? | 怎么可能不敬爱”骨头”呢 |
[22:23] | And the villagers loved him, too, you know? | 村民们也很爱他 |
[22:25] | The old ladies, they did his laundry, brought him food. | 那些老妇人们为他洗衣服 给他拿吃的 |
[22:29] | There was this one. | 有一位老妇人 |
[22:32] | No teeth, but always smiling. | 牙都掉光了 但一直在微笑 |
[22:35] | She cut his hair and talked to him | 她替他理发 也和他聊天 |
[22:38] | and he would nod like he understood. | 他也仿佛听懂了似的点着头 |
[22:44] | One night, the VC got through the wire, | 一天晚上 越共分子突破了铁丝网 |
[22:47] | tossed a satchel charge into his bunker | 把一个炸药包扔到了他的地堡中 |
[22:49] | and turned Cap into a big sloppy bowl of chicken fricassee. | 把上尉变成了一大碗黏糊糊的鸡块 |
[22:55] | They targeted Bones and no one else. | 他们的目标就是”骨头” |
[23:02] | The old lady with no teeth told her VC brother | 没牙的老妇人告诉了她的越共兄弟 |
[23:04] | where he could find him. | “骨头”在哪 |
[23:21] | You can be nice to them all you want, Jack. | 你可以随心所欲地对他们好 杰克 |
[23:27] | But they’re not just women and children. | 但他们不只是女人和孩子 |
[24:12] | You here all week? | 你一周都在这里吗 |
[24:14] | That’s the plan. You? | 是这么打算的 你呢 |
[24:18] | Hard to say. | 还不好说 |
[24:23] | – William. – Jesse. | -我叫威廉 -我叫杰西 |
[24:28] | Please, don’t, uh… | 请继续吧… |
[24:29] | …let me stop you… | 别让我影响到你 |
[24:54] | Jesse? | 杰西 |
[24:56] | Technically, cocaine is my problem, | 严格地说 我的问题是可卡因 |
[24:57] | not, uh, sparkling rosé, so… | 不是气泡玫瑰酒 所以… |
[25:03] | – Come on. – Where are we going? | -走吧 -去哪 |
[25:06] | You need something besides cheap wine in your stomach. | 除了廉价红酒 你还需要点别的 |
[25:10] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[25:14] | All right. | 好吧 |
[25:15] | I was a bond trader in London. | 我以前在伦敦是一名债券交易员 |
[25:18] | The job was all-consuming | 那份工作劳神费力 |
[25:20] | and put strains on an already | 也为我本就 |
[25:22] | complicated and mismatched marriage. | 复杂错位的婚姻带来了压力 |
[25:27] | Cocaine helped me keep pace with the workload | 可卡因能够帮助我跟上工作强度 |
[25:30] | until the workload couldn’t keep pace with my addiction. | 直到工作量跟不上我的毒瘾 |
[25:33] | I lost everything. | 我失去了一切 |
[25:36] | Moved to the States. | 我搬到了美国 |
[25:37] | I lived with my sister for a while in Chicago, | 和我妹妹在芝加哥住了一段时间 |
[25:41] | and then I came to Philly, | 然后我来到了费城 |
[25:43] | where I worked front of house in a restaurant | 我在这里的一家餐厅招待客人 |
[25:45] | because my accent | 因为我的口音 |
[25:46] | – classed the place up. – Accent classed the place up. | -能提升那里的格调 -提升那里的格调 |
[25:48] | Yeah, I was at that meeting. | 那次互助会分享我听到了 |
[25:54] | Let’s hear the true story. | 我想听听真实的故事 |
[26:05] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[26:07] | You’re… an inexplicably pleasant man | 你…是个莫名讨人喜欢的人 |
[26:11] | worthy of the truth. | 值得跟你说实话 |
[26:17] | I started using cocaine in the late ’70s. | 我在七十年代末开始服用可卡因 |
[26:20] | I-I liked cocaine. | 我喜欢可卡因 |
[26:22] | I… That’s not true. | 我…不是这样的 |
[26:26] | I liked Manchester United. I love cocaine. | 我喜欢曼联队 我超爱可卡因 |
[26:30] | Half my paycheck went to the stuff, | 我的一半收入都投入进去了 |
[26:33] | until I learned that… | 直到我明白了… |
[26:37] | smoking crack cocaine was cheaper. | 吸食强效可卡因更便宜 |
[26:42] | Also, I was never a bond trader. | 还有 我从没当过债券交易员 |
[26:49] | But one thing I said is true: | 但我说的一件事是真的 |
[26:53] | my marriage to Anissa was… | 我与艾妮莎的婚姻… |
[26:56] | a complicated mismatch, | 确实是复杂的错配 |
[26:58] | and I do have a sister in Chicago. | 我也确实有个妹妹在芝加哥 |
[27:07] | I… | 我… |
[27:08] | I don’t know why Thanksgiving depresses me. | 我不知道为什么感恩节让我沮丧 |
[27:12] | It’s not my holiday. | 这不是属于我的节日 |
[27:15] | In fact, isn’t it to celebrate you | 而且 这个节日不是为了庆祝 |
[27:18] | for defeating us in your independence? | 你们打败我们英国宣布独立吗 |
[27:21] | No. It was not. | 不 不是 |
[27:25] | Anyway, I was invited to my sister’s house, | 总之 我妹妹邀请我去她家了 |
[27:31] | but the people there will ask me how I’m doing, | 但她家人会问我过得如何 |
[27:35] | and… | 可是… |
[27:39] | I’m in no mood to spin lies | 我没心情编造谎言 |
[27:40] | about the joys of being sober. | 说戒毒戒酒后有多喜悦 |
[27:42] | You stay sober, you won’t have to lie about it. | 只要你坚持戒掉 就不必为这事撒谎 |
[27:49] | Look, tonight a bunch of us sober musicians | 今晚我们一帮清醒的音乐家 |
[27:51] | are getting together. On the holidays we like to play, | 有个聚会 我们喜欢在节日演奏 |
[27:54] | mostly to keep us from getting into trouble. | 主要是为了防止自己犯老毛病 |
[27:57] | You’re welcome to come. | 也欢迎你来参加 |
[27:59] | Good Lord. | 天啊 |
[28:01] | Listening to jazz sober sounds awful. | 清醒着听爵士乐感觉太糟糕了 |
[28:05] | What can I bring? | 我需要带些什么吗 |
[28:06] | Just yourself. We need the audience. | 你人来就行 我们需要观众 |
[28:51] | So what needs to start first? | 所以先做什么 |
[28:53] | The cranberry sauce. You are in charge. | 蔓越莓酱 你来负责 |
[28:56] | – This is not a can. – Right. | -这不是罐头 -对 |
[28:59] | I’m making cranberry sauce from scratch? | 我要从头开始做蔓越莓酱吗 |
[29:01] | Isn’t that kind of a high-stakes duty? | 不觉得这事风险太大了吗 |
[29:03] | Well, Randall has a recipe binder. | 兰德尔有一本菜谱 |
[29:04] | Recipe binder, okay. | 菜谱 好的 |
[29:05] | Randall’s recipes. | 兰德尔的菜谱 |
[29:07] | Okay. Of course, color-coded, | 好的 当然 用颜色分类了 |
[29:10] | uh, with an entire section for confit. | 一整节内容都是蜜饯类 |
[29:12] | And he’s marked our page for us. | 而且他标出了我们需要的那页 |
[29:15] | “Cranberry sauce with mint.” | “薄荷蔓越莓酱” |
[29:18] | Randall’s recipe for cranberry sauce has, like, 30 ingredients, | 兰德尔的蔓越莓酱配方有将近三十种原料 |
[29:21] | including “Fresh mint from my garden.” | 包括”从花园采摘的新鲜薄荷” |
[29:24] | – Randall has an herb garden? – Yeah. | -兰德尔还有个草药园吗 -是的 |
[29:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:27] | Okay, come here. What is happening? Come here. | 好了 过来 怎么了 过来 |
[29:29] | Oh, okay, look. Randall is the perfect embodiment of the perfect man. | 好吧 兰德尔是完美男人的完美化身 |
[29:32] | He’s basically your dad, | 他就像你爸的翻版 |
[29:33] | – and I’m… – Toby. | -可我… -托比 |
[29:37] | Hey, me and you? | 我和你 |
[29:41] | We got this. | 我们可以的 |
[29:43] | We can… | 我们可以… |
[29:44] | We’re gonna be great hosts. | 我们会把大家招待周到 |
[29:46] | Okay? And we’re gonna be great parents. | 我们也会成为很好的父母 |
[29:48] | And today, we’re gonna prove it. | 我们今天就要证明这一点 |
[29:49] | – Yeah. You’re right. – Okay? So let’s do us. | -你说得对 -做我们自己 |
[29:51] | – Okay. Do us. – Me and you. | -好的 做我们自己 -我和你 |
[29:53] | All right, KaToby on three? | 数三下喊口号 |
[29:55] | One, two, KaToby. | 一 二 凯托比 |
[29:57] | Tess, I got something for you. | 苔丝 我给你准备了点东西 |
[30:06] | What, what, what? | 怎么了 怎么了 怎么了 |
[30:14] | Tess needs your help. | 苔丝需要你的帮助 |
[30:17] | Why? Is she okay? | 怎么了 她还好吗 |
[30:18] | Yeah, fine. She just has– she has two boxes of… things | 她很好 只不过她拿了两盒…东西 |
[30:22] | that, uh, | 就是… |
[30:24] | a-a young woman might need every full moon-ish. | 年轻女性好像每个满月要用的 |
[30:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:32] | I think this might be her first period. | 这可能是她的初潮 |
[30:34] | Yeah, yeah. She looked confused. | 是的 她看起来很困惑 |
[30:48] | Is everything okay? | 你还好吗 |
[30:51] | I’m fine, just leave me alone. | 我很好 别管我了 |
[30:55] | I will, I just… | 好的 不过… |
[30:58] | Is this your first one? | 这是你的第一次吗 |
[31:01] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:03] | Did you call your mom? | 你给妈妈打电话了吗 |
[31:05] | They didn’t answer. | 他们没接 |
[31:06] | I tried calling them, like, five times. | 我打了电话 打了差不多有五次 |
[31:08] | I texted them, though. | 不过我又给他们发短信了 |
[31:10] | I’m sure she’ll call soon. | 她肯定很快就会打给你 |
[31:14] | Is there anything I can help with? | 有什么要我帮忙的吗 |
[31:25] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[31:30] | Do you want to come down and help us? | 想不想下去帮帮我们 |
[31:31] | I’m never leaving this room. | 我绝不离开这个房间 |
[31:34] | I’m too embarrassed to see Toby. | 我太羞愧了 没脸见托比 |
[31:36] | Wait, embarrassed? | 什么 羞愧 |
[31:38] | Tess, you have nothing to be embarrassed about. | 苔丝 你没什么好羞愧的 |
[31:41] | And this is coming from a woman | 我以亲身经验告诉你 |
[31:42] | who had the most embarrassing first period ever. | 我经历过的初潮才是最羞愧的 |
[31:47] | So, when I was around your age, | 我在你这个年纪的时候 |
[31:49] | we were staying at a beach house with Miguel’s family | 我们和米格尔的家人住在一栋海边房子里 |
[31:52] | and I was sharing a room with Amber, | 那时我和安波共住一个房间 |
[31:54] | Miguel’s daughter, who I worshiped. | 她是米格尔的女儿 我很崇拜她 |
[31:55] | I mean, she taught me how to put on mascara. | 是她教会我怎样涂睫毛膏 |
[31:57] | So, I was asleep when it happened. | 第一次来的时候我在睡觉 |
[31:59] | So I stripped the bed, and then I’m tip-toeing down the hall, | 于是我撤下床单 轻手轻脚地穿过走廊 |
[32:02] | and who do I run into? Her older brother Andy. | 你猜我撞见了谁 她哥哥安迪 |
[32:04] | Who was a lifeguard. | 他是个救生员 |
[32:06] | And of course, here I am with this wadded-up bedding, | 当然了 我还抱着卷起来的床单 |
[32:08] | and he just says, | 可他却说 |
[32:09] | “Oh, what, did you wet the bed, Pearson?” | “怎么 皮尔森 你尿床了吗” |
[32:12] | N-Now, if I say yes, | 如果我说是 |
[32:14] | everybody at school is gonna think | 那么同学们会认为 |
[32:15] | that I’m a bed-wetter at the age of 12. | 我都12岁了还会尿床 |
[32:17] | So what do I say? | 我怎么回答的呢 |
[32:18] | I say, “No, actually, | 我说 “不是的 |
[32:20] | “I just had my period and I need a tampon. Do you have one?” | “我来了月经 需要卫生棉条 你有吗” |
[32:23] | He didn’t know what to say. | 他根本不知道说什么好 |
[32:25] | So, he’s like stammering and he tries to laugh if off, | 于是他支支吾吾 想一笑了之 |
[32:27] | but then he just, like, pushes past me. | 然后就从我身边挤了过去 |
[32:31] | So, uh, needless to say, we’ve never talked about it since. | 当然 后来我们再也没提过那件事 |
[32:34] | Anyway, I got you beat. | 不管怎样 我比你更羞愧 |
[32:35] | – Yeah, definitely. – Yeah. | -是的 当然 -是啊 |
[32:41] | Anyhow, I know you have a mom, | 总之呢 我知道你有妈妈 |
[32:44] | but if there’s anything you ever want to talk to me about, anytime… | 但你有任何事都可以随时跟我说 |
[32:48] | I mean, pretty soon, you’re gonna have… | 用不了多久 你就会经历… |
[32:50] | your first kiss. | 初吻 |
[32:51] | And your first boyfriend. | 还会有第一个男朋友 |
[32:55] | Or girlfriend. | 或者女朋友 |
[33:01] | Or girlfriend. | 或者女朋友 |
[33:04] | Yeah, or girlfriend. | 是的 或者是女朋友 |
[33:12] | St. George came upon the ruins of the Rollins house | 圣乔治偶然来到罗林家的废墟 |
[33:15] | and slept on the cold sooted stones of the fireplace hearth. | 睡在冰冷而落满煤灰的壁炉石头上 |
[33:20] | He awoke the next morning with… | 第二天早上他醒来时… |
[33:23] | I’m sorry, I… | 不好意思 我… |
[33:25] | The last I heard, St. George was lost in the brambles. | 我上一次听到 圣乔治走失在荆棘丛中 |
[33:28] | Did I… did I miss something? | 我…是不是错过了什么 |
[33:30] | Yes, ’cause you’re not listening. | 是的 因为你根本没听 |
[33:33] | I think your mind is already at your daughter’s house. | 恐怕你的思绪已经飞到你女儿家了 |
[33:36] | – No. – Yeah. | -不 -是的 |
[33:37] | – No, no, it’s not. – Yes, it is. | -不是的 -是的 是这样的 |
[33:39] | I thought that you were excited that Amber had moved to Scarsdale. | 我以为安波搬去卡斯代尔你会很兴奋 |
[33:43] | I mean, we’ve only seen our grandson, | 自从他们收养了孩子以后 |
[33:45] | what, twice since they adopted him? | 我们也只见过小孙子大概两次吧 |
[33:49] | I am excited. | 我很期待 |
[33:52] | Well, in 6.5 miles, | 好吧 再开十公里 |
[33:55] | you better act like it. | 你最好表现出期待的样子 |
[33:58] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[34:00] | I feel like a pity invite. | 我感觉这是出于同情 |
[34:02] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -是的 |
[34:03] | I mean, the only reason that we were asked to come over | 他们邀请我们的的唯一原因 |
[34:05] | is because Shelly is gonna be spending it with her husband’s family. | 是因为雪莉要和她丈夫一家一起过 |
[34:11] | I’m sorry that you’re missing Thanksgiving for this. | 很抱歉你为此错过了感恩节 |
[34:14] | We’re still gonna make it back to Randall’s in time for dessert. | 我们来得及赶回兰德尔家吃些甜点 |
[34:17] | And besides, | 况且 |
[34:17] | I’m very much looking forward to spending some time with your kids. | 我也非常期待能和你的孩子们待上一段时间 |
[34:22] | It’s gonna be a good day. | 今天会是美好的一天 |
[34:29] | Luke, you’re supposed to eat turkey for Thanksgiving, not Cheerios. | 卢克 感恩节应该吃火鸡 而不是麦圈 |
[34:37] | Oh, honey. Don’t be scared; That’s your grandpa. | 亲爱的 别害怕 那是你外公 |
[34:40] | Nah, it’s okay; | 没事的 |
[34:41] | I have the same reaction every morning when I look in the mirror. | 我每天早上照镜子的时候也是这种反应 |
[34:49] | I, uh, read that Beckwith and Hightower are merging. | 我在报纸上看到贝克威思与高塔正在合并 |
[34:52] | Is that a good thing for you, Amber? | 这对你有好处吗 安波 |
[34:54] | I haven’t been with Hightower for over a year, Dad. | 我一年多以前就不在高塔上班了 爸爸 |
[34:57] | Geez, Dad. | 天哪 爸爸 |
[34:58] | Somebody hasn’t been reading Amber’s Christmas newsletter. | 有人没看安波的圣诞简报哦 |
[35:01] | No, I do. | 我看了 |
[35:02] | I mean, we do. | 不 我们俩都看了 |
[35:04] | It’s very entertaining, by the way. | 顺便说一下 写得很有趣 |
[35:06] | Thanks, Rebecca. | 谢谢 丽贝卡 |
[35:11] | We haven’t, uh, seen Kevin’s new movie, yet. | 我们还没看过凯文的新电影 |
[35:15] | It’s actually… it’s quite good. | 那部电影其实…相当不错 |
[35:18] | I’ve heard mixed. | 我听说是毁誉参半 |
[35:21] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[35:22] | I think it’s, um, at a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes; | 烂番茄新鲜度高达94%呢 |
[35:28] | it’s a site that Kevin taught me about. | 那个网站是凯文教我用的 |
[35:29] | Come on, you’re killing me! | 争气点 你们要急死我了 |
[35:31] | Cowboys scored, Connor. | 达拉斯牛仔队得分了 康纳 |
[35:34] | Sorry, we have Washington and the points. | 抱歉 我们太关心华盛顿红皮的得分了 |
[35:36] | No, it’s okay. | 没事 没关系 |
[35:38] | We’re a big football family, actually, so I understand. | 我们一家也爱看橄榄球 所以我能理解 |
[35:46] | This vegan stuffing is delicious, Amber. | 蔬菜夹馅真好吃 安波 |
[35:48] | Well, thanks, Dad. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[35:51] | What about you, Luke, do you like your mother’s stuffing? | 你呢 卢克 你喜欢妈妈做的菜吗 |
[35:53] | Do you like the vegan stuffing? | 你喜欢蔬菜夹馅吗 |
[35:57] | Do any of these side dishes have nuts in them? | 这些配菜里有坚果吗 |
[35:58] | I get a little allergic. | 我有一点过敏 |
[36:00] | Uh, yes, actually, the sweet potato casserole | 有坚果 这道地瓜炖菜里 |
[36:04] | has some slivered almonds. | 有一些银杏仁 |
[36:05] | I-I didn’t know, I’m so sorry. | 我 我不知道 真是太对不起了 |
[36:07] | I didn’t, I didn’t know. | 我… 我不知道 |
[36:07] | First you steal my father from my mother, | 你先是从我妈妈那里偷走了我爸爸 |
[36:09] | and now you’re trying to kill my brother-in-law. | 现在你又想谋杀我妹夫 |
[36:15] | Sorry, too soon? | 抱歉 这话说早了吗 |
[36:18] | No, no. Not too soon, actually. | 不 不早 有些话确实该说一说 |
[36:27] | You know, after your mother and I split, | 你知道吗 我和你妈分开之后 |
[36:30] | I promised my best friend and myself that I would fight | 我向我自己和最好的朋友保证我一定会努力 |
[36:33] | to keep you kids in my life. | 把你们留在我的生活里 |
[36:36] | And for a long time, I tried. | 很长一段时间里 我都在努力 |
[36:40] | I called every day, I sent Christmas gifts. | 我每天都给你们打电话 送你们圣诞礼物 |
[36:43] | I tried to plan things. | 努力策划和你们的互动 |
[36:47] | And I was lucky if I got an e-mail back from you. | 而你们能给我回封邮件就算我幸运了 |
[36:52] | So after a while… | 所以一段时间后 |
[36:55] | Well, I gave up. | 我放弃了 |
[37:01] | Well, you have the Pearsons now, at least. | 至少你现在有皮尔森家的人了 |
[37:07] | Yes. Yes, I do. | 是的 我确实有 |
[37:12] | In heartbreak, ten years after her husband | 她丈夫 我最好的朋友杰克 |
[37:16] | and my best friend died, and your mother had remarried… | 意外去世十年后 你妈也已经再婚 |
[37:21] | …Rebecca and I found each other. | 我和丽贝卡找到了彼此 |
[37:23] | And we filled a hole in each other’s lives. | 我们补上了彼此生命中的空缺 |
[37:27] | Now, you don’t have to be happy for us, | 你可以不必祝福我们 |
[37:30] | but we’re not gonna apologize for being together. | 但我们也不会为我们走到一起而抱歉 |
[37:34] | So take all the shots at me that you want to, | 所以 你的那些攻击 尽管冲着我来 |
[37:37] | leave me out of the family vacations, | 不让我参加家庭假期聚会 |
[37:40] | leave me out of the inside jokes, | 说我听不懂的内部玩笑 |
[37:42] | but the one time a decade that you see Rebecca, | 但十年你们才见一次丽贝卡的时候 |
[37:44] | you show my wife some respect. | 你必须表现出对我妻子的尊重 |
[38:04] | Does anyone know the score of the football game? | 有人知道球赛的比分吗 |
[38:07] | It’s 21 to 7. | 现在是21比7 |
[38:13] | Don’t tell Mom and Dad about… you know. | 别告诉妈妈和爸爸我的事 你懂的 |
[38:19] | I won’t, but Tess… | 我不会 但苔丝 |
[38:22] | your parents are going to love you no matter what. | 无论发生任何事 你父母都会爱你 |
[38:25] | So you should tell them. | 所以你应该告诉他们 |
[38:35] | Hey, Babe. | 亲爱的 |
[38:37] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[38:39] | This is what happens when you leave me | 你让我独自准备感恩节大餐 |
[38:42] | by myself to handle Thanksgiving dinner. | 就会发生这样的情况 |
[38:44] | The trouble started when the cranberry sauce boiled over, | 蔓越莓酱的溢出拉开了整个悲剧的序幕 |
[38:47] | it exploded all over me, and then the trouble ended | 它溅了我一身 然后我去给火鸡浇汁 |
[38:49] | when I went to baste the turkey, then dropped the turkey, | 结果火鸡掉在地上 然后我就一脚踩了上去 |
[38:51] | then stepped onto, nay, into the turkey. | 不 是一脚踩了进去 |
[38:55] | So I had to improvise. | 所以我只能点些外卖 |
[38:59] | You know what this is? | 你知道这代表了什么吗 |
[39:02] | A disaster. | 一场灾难 |
[39:04] | No. | 不对 |
[39:05] | This is, like, Jack Pearson-level magic. | 这简直就是杰克·皮尔森级别的魔力 |
[39:09] | Blasphemy. | 你这是亵渎神明 |
[39:09] | – Take it, you take it back. – I will not. | -收回去 收回这句话 -我不收回 |
[39:13] | I will not. | 我不收回 |
[39:15] | How’s Tess? | 苔丝怎么样了 |
[39:18] | She’s… she’s fine. | 她 她挺好的 |
[39:21] | I think I did okay. | 我觉得我做得还不错 |
[39:24] | So although I have great respect for your university, | 尽管我对贵校怀有崇高敬意 |
[39:27] | I find the premise of your question to be flawed. | 但我发现你们这道题的前提是有问题的 |
[39:30] | No one person has had the greatest impact on my life. | 没有某个人对我生命产生了最大的影响 |
[39:34] | No one person can be my MVP, my most valuable person. | 没有某个人是我的MVP 对我最有价值的人 |
[39:38] | Shh. Hush. Go on, honey. | 别吵 继续念 宝贝 |
[39:42] | A British anthropologist named Robin Dunbar | 一名英国人类学家罗宾·邓巴曾写道 |
[39:44] | wrote we meet approximately three new people a day. | 我们一天大约会认识三个陌生人 |
[39:47] | That’s 1,095 people a year. | 那么一年就是1095个人 |
[39:50] | I’m 17, which means I’ve met 18,615 people so far, | 我今年十七岁 表明我已经认识了18615人 |
[39:55] | so how I’m I supposed to pick the most impactful one | 我如何能够从这么多人中选出那个对我 |
[39:57] | out of 18,000? | 最有影响力的人呢 |
[39:59] | Good morning Vietnam! | 来自越南的早安问候 |
[40:03] | Sorry. I can’t stop doing that. | 抱歉 我玩这个梗完全停不下来 |
[40:05] | He really can’t. | 他真的停不下来 |
[40:06] | Now you might say, “Randall, | 你可能会说 “兰德尔 |
[40:08] | most of these people are essentially strangers.” | 这些人中大部分都是陌生人” |
[40:10] | Happy Thanksgiving. | 感恩节快乐 |
[40:11] | But… | 但是… |
[40:12] | everyone starts off | 每个人的相遇相识 |
[40:13] | as an essential stranger, right? | 不都是从陌生人开始的吗 |
[40:22] | I hope you like pecan pie. | 我希望你喜欢山核桃派 |
[40:26] | I do. | 我喜欢 |
[40:30] | Relax, William. | 放轻松 威廉 |
[40:32] | She’s my cousin. | 她是我亲戚 |
[40:35] | I’m cool. | 我很好 |
[41:16] | Hello? | 大家好 |
[41:21] | Grandpa! | 外公 |
[41:26] | – Happy Thanksgiving! – Happy Thanksgiving to you! | -感恩节快乐 -也祝你感恩节快乐 |
[41:29] | – How you are doing, grandpa? – Good. Thank you. | -你怎么样啊 外公 -很好 谢谢 |
[41:32] | I was left out of a fire station by my birth father, | 我被亲生父亲遗弃在消防站外 |
[41:34] | and then I was found by a fireman who took me to a hospital, | 然后被一个消防员捡到并送到了医院 |
[41:38] | where a doctor showed me to my father, | 在那里医生让我见到了我父亲 |
[41:41] | who showed me to my mother. | 我父亲又让我见到了我的母亲 |
[41:44] | Although my story is unique, and I-I um… | 尽管我的经历有些特别 但我 |
[41:46] | But I feel like it’s like that for everyone. | 但我觉得每个人都有类似的经历 |
[41:49] | Strangers can be your most impactful people, | 陌生人可以是对你影响最大的人 |
[41:52] | acquaintances can be your most impactful people, | 熟人可以是对你影响最大的人 |
[41:54] | family can be your most impactful people. | 家人也可以是对你影响最大的人 |
[41:58] | And that’s why I can’t pick the person who’s had the greatest impact on my life, | 所以我选不出对我人生影响最大的人 |
[42:01] | and why I think your question is flawed. | 也认为这道题有问题 |
[42:04] | But, if you insist on me answering, | 但如果你们非要我回答 |
[42:08] | if this is the only way I can gain entrance | 如果这是我获得贵校入学资格的 |
[42:10] | into your storied university, | 唯一途径的话 |
[42:14] | I choose the fireman. | 那我选那个消防员 |
[42:15] | OK. | 好 |
[42:18] | Ah, beautiful. | 写得太好了 |
[42:20] | You’re in, son. | 你肯定能进 儿子 |