时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | The kick is up, it’s long enough. | 球踢起来了 力量足够 |
[00:05] | The kick is no good. | 球没有进门 |
[00:07] | Yes! | 好 |
[00:08] | who won? | 哪家赢了 |
[00:10] | Who cares? we covered the spread. | 谁鸟那个啊 反正我们两边都押注了 |
[00:14] | Charlie, call me an old-fashioned dad, | 查理 也许我是很传统的父亲 |
[00:17] | But I was hoping my son wouldn’t start betting on sports | 不过我觉得在我孩子在开始酗酒之前 |
[00:19] | Until he was old enough to have a drinking problem. | 不应该赌博体育比赛啊 |
[00:22] | He didn’t really make a bet. I just gave him a taste of my action. | 他没有 我只是让他体验一下我是怎么赌博的 |
[00:25] | Nor do I want him tasting your action. | 我不想让他体验你如何赌博 |
[00:29] | Dad, without action, there’s no juice. | 老爸 没有行动 就没甜头 |
[00:33] | All of a sudden he’s frank sinatra. | 他怎么突然变成法兰克・辛纳屈了 (白人爵士歌王) |
[00:36] | -i bet that’s the pizza. -what’s the spread? | -肯定是披萨来了 -上面放的什么 |
[00:38] | Pepperoni. | 意大利香肠 |
[00:41] | What’s next, charlie? you gonna teach him how to shoot craps? | 接下来呢 查理 你准备教他怎么掷骰子? |
[00:44] | He already knows how to shoot craps. | 他已经知道怎么掷骰子了 |
[00:46] | I just wish I could teach him not to bet the hard eight. | 我只是希望他别去赌硬八(掷出两个4算赢) |
[00:50] | Mr. harper, here you go, nice and hot. | 哈勃先生 给 还是热的呢 |
[00:52] | i threw in some extra garlic puffs as well. | 我特地多撒了些蒜粉 |
[00:54] | Thanks, pal. | 谢谢 兄弟 |
[00:56] | Thank you, mr. harper. | 谢谢你 哈勃先生 |
[00:58] | If there’s anything at all you ever need, please call. | 如果有什么需要我做的 尽管打电话来 |
[01:00] | You know, pizza, dry-cleaning, pot, women. | 披萨 干洗 大麻 女人 |
[01:05] | -how much did you tip him? -i don’t know, I gave him $50. | -你给了他多少小费 -我给了他50 |
[01:08] | That’s like a 300% tip. | 那可是300%的小费 |
[01:11] | If you say so. I was never good at math. | 这样说的话 我数学很不好 |
[01:13] | Yeah, but you can figure out the point spread, the over-under | 但是你很擅长算全国所有橄榄球比赛的 |
[01:16] | And the vigorish on every football game in the country. | 分差 进球数和赔率 |
[01:19] | What can I tell you? I’ve got a beautiful mind. | 怎么说呢 我有个”美丽心灵”(关于一位数学家的电影) |
[01:32] | Morning, berta. need some help? | 早上好 波塔 需要帮忙吗 |
[01:35] | Yeah. come to my house and explain to my daughter | 你去给我女儿说明一下 我们家是不会为 |
[01:38] | That we don’t put up bail for cute guys with costa rican passports. | 一个拿着哥斯达黎加护照的帅哥交保释金的 |
[01:42] | -morning. -i got your groceries, charlie. | -早上好 -我帮你买好东西了 查理 |
[01:45] | You owe me $74. | 你欠我74块 |
[01:46] | -why didn’t you just use my credit card? -i tried. | -为什么你不用我的信用卡 -我用了 |
[01:49] | Funny story. | 说来搞笑 |
[01:55] | My platinum card. | 我的白金卡 |
[01:58] | Look what they did to my platinum card. | 他们对我的白金卡做了什么啊 |
[02:01] | They decapitated my holographic eagle. | 他们切碎了我亲笔签名的老鹰卡 |
[02:04] | Yeah, that’s sad. you owe me $74. | 太糟糕了 你欠我74块 |
[02:07] | Relax, I’ll write you a check. | 别紧张 我写张支票给你 |
[02:12] | Berta, I’m good for $74. | 波塔 我74块钱还是有的 |
[02:13] | There’s an assistant store manager with bad skin and a pair of scissors | 那位拿着剪刀 皮肤很粗糙的商店助理经理 |
[02:17] | Who begs to differ. | 有不同意见 |
[02:18] | He obviously made a mistake. leave it to me, I’ll straighten it out. | 他明显是搞错了 我去澄清一下 |
[02:25] | Alan, what do I do? | 艾伦 我该怎么办 |
[02:27] | Call the bank that issued the card and figure out what’s going on. | 打电话给办这张卡的银行 看看出了什么问题 |
[02:30] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[02:33] | How do I get the number? | 号码在哪 |
[02:35] | It’s usually on the back of the card. | 一般来说都是在卡的背面 |
[02:42] | Okay, this may take a while. | 看来得有一会儿了 |
[02:48] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[02:49] | Okay, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[02:52] | I don’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[02:54] | None of my bills have been paid in four months. | 我已经四个月没付任何帐了 |
[02:56] | My credit is shot. all my cards are dead. | 我的信用破产了 所有的卡都被封了 |
[02:59] | You don’t have to worry about paying me this week. | 这星期你不用还我钱了 |
[03:01] | Thank you, berta. | 谢谢你 波塔 |
[03:02] | I’ll just take this espresso maker and be on my way. | 我就拿走这个煮咖啡器好了 |
[03:07] | Call me when things pick up. | 等你事情解决了再给我打电话 |
[03:10] | Charlie, why haven’t you been paying your bills? | 查理 你为什么没有付账 |
[03:13] | Alan, I don’t pay my own bills. I’ve got a guy. | 艾伦 我不是自己付账的 有人帮我处理 |
[03:16] | Do you think you might want to call your guy? | 那你是不是应该给他打个电话了 |
[03:18] | Don’t talk down to me, alan. I’m not stupid. | 别教育我 艾伦 我有脑子的 |
[03:21] | That’s the first call I made. | 我第一个电话就是打给他的 |
[03:22] | -and? -and | -然后呢 -然后 |
[03:25] | His number is not in service at this time. | 他的号码停机了 |
[03:33] | Wonderful building. | 多好的房子啊 |
[03:36] | What’s wrong with it? | 怎么了 |
[03:37] | The phrase “reeks of urine” comes to mind. | 我想是 尿的恶臭吧 |
[03:47] | Here we are. | 我们到了 |
[03:49] | That’s seldom a good sign. | 这看上去不太妙 |
[03:55] | -hello, stan? -who wants to know? | -斯坦 -谁找我 |
[03:58] | It’s charlie harper. | 查理・哈勃 |
[04:01] | Charlie! good to see you. come on in. | 查理 很高兴见到你 进来吧 |
[04:04] | Just don’t rip the tape, they check. | 别把封条撕碎了 他们会检查的 |
[04:08] | So what’s going on? what can I do you for? | 怎么了 我能为你做点什么 |
[04:10] | Stan, I’ve got a problem. | 斯坦 我有点问题了 |
[04:13] | Yeah, I know the feeling. | 我知道这是什么感觉 |
[04:15] | Sit down, talk to me. come on. | 请坐 跟我说说吧 |
[04:19] | All of my credit cards are dead. | 我所有的信用卡都被封了 |
[04:22] | And they tell me the bills haven’t been paid in four months. | 他们告诉我 我已经4个月没付任何账了 |
[04:26] | Yeah, that sounds about right. | 差不多是这么回事 |
[04:31] | Excuse me, maybe this is none of my business, | 打断一下 也许这不关我的事情 |
[04:33] | But how does something like that happen? | 但这样的情况是怎么会发生的 |
[04:35] | In layman’s terms, your brother ran out of money. | 用通俗的话来说 你兄弟没钱了 |
[04:38] | What? how did I run out of money? | 什么 怎么可能呢 |
[04:41] | I knew you’d ask that. | 我知道你会问的 |
[04:45] | Let me demonstrate. | 我来给你举个例子 |
[04:47] | Think of this water as cash flow, | 把这些水看作钱的流动 |
[04:49] | Which, for you, would be royalties from your jingles, right? | 对你来说 就是你广告歌的版税 对吧 |
[04:52] | And this cup, your financial well-being. | 这个杯子是你的财政状况 |
[04:58] | This little hole | 这个小洞 |
[05:01] | Would be your expenses. you dig? | 是你花钱的流量 明白了吧 |
[05:05] | Now, charlie, with most people, | 查理 大多数人 |
[05:09] | When money comes in, | 当钱进来的时候 |
[05:12] | It drips out and pays their bills | 慢慢地花 然后付账单 |
[05:15] | With a healthy reserve for emergencies. | 并且存着一部分作为紧急储备 |
[05:22] | But with you, however… this is what I love about you, charlie. | 但你的情况是 我就喜欢你这点 查理 |
[05:33] | You spend it as quick as you get it. | 你一拿到钱就花光了 |
[05:37] | You see, you don’t drip, | 不是慢慢地流 |
[05:41] | You hemorrhage. | 而是大出血 |
[05:47] | Look at that. | 看啊 |
[05:48] | But when the cash flow starts to slow down, | 当钱进来的速度变慢的时候 |
[05:53] | There’s no reserve. | 一点都没剩了 |
[05:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:59] | But what happened to my money? | 那我的钱到底去哪了 |
[06:02] | Artists. where would we be without them? | 艺术家 没有他们 我们怎么办啊 |
[06:07] | What I don’t understand is why you didn’t warn him this was happening. | 我不理解的是 你为什么不警告他这些事情 |
[06:10] | Okay, mea culpa. | 好吧 是我的错 |
[06:13] | Look, I’ve been a little distracted lately. slight problem with the feds. | 我最近有点忙 和联邦调查局有点小问题 |
[06:18] | Are you embezzling from my brother? | 你是不是在盗用我哥哥的钱 |
[06:20] | Embezzle what? hello! | 盗用什么 你看啊 |
[06:24] | I thought you were the smart one. | 我还以为你比较聪明呢 |
[06:26] | No, this is a totally unrelated, | 这完全是和我无关的 |
[06:29] | Import-export problem, all right? | 收入支出的问题 |
[06:32] | 我不敢相信那个警察居然在一个孩子的派对上出现了 | |
[06:42] | This has been a blast. don’t get me wrong, | 我们谈得不错 希望你们不要误解 |
[06:44] | But I have a plane to catch right now. | 我现在得去赶飞机了 |
[06:48] | I’ll tell you what, just feel free and browse through all your files. | 你放轻松 把你自己的文件都浏览一遍吧 |
[06:53] | Listen, charlie, I’m running a little short on cash, so maybe you… | 查理 我最近缺现金 你是不是能 |
[06:57] | Look who I’m asking! | 看我在问谁啊 |
[07:01] | It was great meeting you, sport. ciao. | 见到你很高兴 再见 |
[07:12] | And you were worried. | 你还瞎担心呢 |
[07:22] | The good news is that a substantial amount of royalties | 好消息是 有一大笔版税 |
[07:26] | Is gonna come in in the next couple of months. | 几个月之内就要进账了 |
[07:28] | Great. problem solved. let’s go out to dinner. | 太好了 问题解决了 我们去吃饭 |
[07:30] | -no, problem not solved. -but I’m hungry. | -问题还没解决 -我饿了 |
[07:34] | Get used to it. | 习惯一下吧 |
[07:36] | It’s going to take a while to pay off all the bills your accountant | 支付你会计”忘记”支付的账单 |
[07:40] | ignored, | 需要一点时间 |
[07:40] | So until then, you’re gonna have to cut back. | 所以 你现在必须缩减开支 |
[07:43] | -but you said I got money coming. -shall I go get the paper cup? | -你不是说有钱要进来了吗 -我再去拿个纸杯示范一下怎么样 |
[07:48] | Okay. what do we cut? | 好吧 我们怎么节约 |
[07:50] | Let’s look at your expenses. | 来看看你的开支 |
[07:52] | First thing is, we stop paying your accountant. | 第一件事 别再给你的会计工资了 |
[07:55] | That’s a little cold, isn’t it? | 这有点太无情了 不是吗 |
[07:58] | He’s great, I’ve known him for years. he’s going through a rough patch. | 他是个好人 我认识他很久了 现在他有点麻烦 |
[08:01] | -charlie, you’re broke. -you’re right, screw him. | -查理 你破产了 -没错 随他去吧 |
[08:04] | What’s next? | 接下来呢 |
[08:05] | You have a gardener. why do you have a gardener? | 你有一个花匠 你干吗要一个花匠 |
[08:08] | To tend my garden. | 他负责我的花园 |
[08:10] | Garden? you mean the two potted palms on the deck? | 花园? 你是说阳台上那两盆盆栽棕榈吗 |
[08:15] | Water them yourself. | 你自己去浇水 |
[08:16] | Okay, but I’m gonna have to buy a hose and one of those watering things, | 好吧 那我还要去买根管子 还有洒水的东西 |
[08:20] | So isn’t that kind of a push? | 那不需要花钱吗 |
[08:23] | Gone. now, “ultimate premiere satellite package”? | 不要了 终极卫星直播套餐是什么 |
[08:26] | That’s really cool. I get every sporting event in the world. | 这太棒了 我能看到全球任何体育比赛 |
[08:30] | If a kid in madagascar throws a rock at a tree, | 有一个马达加斯加的孩子用石头扔树 |
[08:33] | i can see it and bet on it. | 我也能看到 而且能赌 |
[08:35] | It’s gone. | 不要了 |
[08:37] | Oh, man. we can keep the cable, though, right? | 那有线电视总能留下吧 |
[08:40] | You have satellite and cable? | 卫星电视和有线电视你都用? |
[08:42] | Sometimes there’s solar flares. | 有时候太阳耀斑活动异常 |
[08:44] | Okay, we can cut back to basic cable. | 我们就订最低收费有线电视 |
[08:46] | Basic cable? that’s what they get in prison. | 最低收费有线电视? 监狱里也能看的那种? |
[08:53] | -hey, what you doing? -bad time, rose. | -你们在干吗 -现在别烦 罗斯 |
[08:56] | Money problems? | 财政问题吧 |
[08:58] | -how did you know? -i bought your espresso maker from berta. | -你怎么知道的 -我从波塔那里买了你的煮咖啡机 |
[09:02] | I got a great deal ’cause she didn’t want to carry it on the bus. | 我捡了个便宜 她不想抱着它上公车 |
[09:05] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[09:07] | Charlie, “miscellaneous cash expenses”? what exactly is that? | 查理 “综合开支”是什么 |
[09:12] | I don’t know. go see a movie, buy a hot dog, stuff like that. | 我不知道 看电影 买热狗之类的 |
[09:16] | It was $80,000 last year. | 去年用掉了8万块 |
[09:19] | That. that’s women and gambling. | 那个啊 那是女人和赌博 |
[09:24] | Gone and gone. | 都取消掉 |
[09:26] | Great. why don’t I just shoot myself? | 好啊 我去自杀算了 |
[09:29] | You can’t afford a gun. | 你买不起枪 |
[09:33] | You know, I could lend you some money, charlie. | 我可以借你点钱的 查理 |
[09:35] | That’s very sweet, rose, but I don’t really want to shoot myself. | 你真是好心 罗斯 但我真的不想自杀 |
[09:39] | The way I see it, you’re either gonna have to slash expenses, | 在我看来 你要么缩减开支 |
[09:42] | Or find the money to pay your bills someplace else. | 要么另外来找钱付账 |
[09:44] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:46] | -i’ll borrow on the house. -you’ve already got three mortgages. | -我可以抵押房子来借钱 -你已经抵押过3次了 |
[09:49] | -ls that a lot? -not if you have three houses. | -很多吗 -如果你有3套房子就不多 |
[09:53] | Let me ask you a tough question. | 我来问你个难回答的问题 |
[09:54] | What would you think about going to mom for a short-term loan? | 你觉得问老妈短期借点钱怎么样 |
[10:00] | Interesting idea. | 你的想法很有意思 |
[10:02] | I think I’d rather have a pack of hyenas tear out and devour my | 我更情缘让一群土狼扯出我的肠子 |
[10:07] | intestines. | 然后吃掉 |
[10:08] | Yeah, I know. I can’t afford hyenas. | 我知道我知道 我买不起土狼 |
[10:11] | Look, you know I’d help you if I could, | 如果我能帮你的话我一定帮 |
[10:14] | But all my money’s going to my former wife, my former house, | 但我的钱都流向了我的前妻 我以前的房子 |
[10:17] | My former wife’s current lawyers and all their descendants. | 我前妻的律师和他们的子孙 |
[10:20] | So if you don’t want to go to mom, | 所以如果你不想问老妈借 |
[10:22] | You’re gonna have to change your lifestyle for a few months. | 那你接下来几个月就得改变生活方式了 |
[10:25] | Fine. you win. | 好吧 你赢了 |
[10:26] | I win? what do I win? how is this a win for me? | 赢了? 我赢了什么 怎么叫我赢了 |
[10:30] | Whatever. I’ll cut back, like you said. | 随你说 我会照你说的做 缩减开支 |
[10:32] | Now come on, let’s all go out for a nice dinner. I’m buying. | 来吧 我们去外面吃一顿晚饭 我请客 |
[10:35] | Great. then after we can stop by my place for espresso. | 好 回来的时候去我家喝咖啡 |
[10:39] | Good idea. that’s a money saver. | 好主意 这可省钱了不是 |
[10:49] | “save 50 cents on one regular-sized hamburger helper | 买一个一般大小的汉堡包省5毛钱 提示 |
[10:53] | “when you buy two of the following 10.5 ounce…” | 你买2个10.5盎司的… |
[10:56] | Screw it. | 他妈的 |
[11:07] | How do you like that cabernet? | 你觉得这红葡萄酒怎么样 |
[11:10] | -it’s very good. -i’ll have to try it sometime. | -非常好 -我有空也得尝尝 |
[11:13] | And excuse me for saying so, but you really don’t need the lean cuisine. | 也许我不该这么说 不过你真的不需要瘦身特餐 |
[11:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:19] | So, how do you like this | 你喜不喜欢这个 |
[11:24] | Cheese? | 奶酪 |
[11:25] | That. | 那个 |
[11:27] | I do a little volunteer work making sandwiches for a homeless shelter. | 我志愿给那些无家可归的人做三明治 |
[11:34] | I don’t know if you know this, but a lot of those homeless fellas | 我不清楚你是不是知道 许多流浪者 |
[11:37] | Iike a little snort once in awhile. | 有时候都喜欢尝尝这东西的味道 |
[11:41] | Okay. seek and ye shall find. | 努力搜寻就有回报 |
[11:43] | Twenty-four rolls of toilet paper for $3.99. | 24卷厕纸只卖3块9毛9 |
[11:46] | I know what you’re thinking, it’s single-ply, | 我知道你在想什么 这是单层的 |
[11:48] | But at this price, you can double up, triple up, go wild! | 但这么便宜的厕纸 你可以叠两张 叠三张 随便怎么用 |
[11:52] | Okay, have a nice day. | 祝你愉快 |
[11:55] | I can’t do this anymore, alan. I quit. | 我受不了了 艾伦 我放弃了 |
[11:58] | You can’t quit poverty, charlie. | 你放弃不了贫穷的 查理 |
[12:02] | I want the good stuff. | 我想要好东西 |
[12:04] | I want cheese that isn’t air-dropped into third-world countries. | 我不想要空投到第三世界国家去的奶酪 |
[12:08] | I want ouchless toilet paper. | 我想要擦着屁股不疼的厕纸 |
[12:11] | I want vodka that doesn’t look like fred flintstone would drink it. | 我不想喝看着像”摩登原始人”喝的伏特加(美国动画片) |
[12:17] | I want my life back. | 我想找回我的生活 |
[12:19] | Fine, then swallow your pride, call mom, | 好吧 那你就收起你的高傲 给妈妈打电话 |
[12:22] | and ask her to lend you some money. | 问她借钱 |
[12:34] | Who’s the favorite? | 谁领先 |
[12:36] | -green bay. -did you bet them? | -绿湾 -你押他们了吗 |
[12:38] | No. | 没 |
[12:40] | You took the redskins? | 你押红人队了? |
[12:43] | -no action? -none. | -没动作? -没 |
[12:46] | -then why are we watching? -beats the hell out of me. | -那我们干吗要看 -我也不知道 |
[12:51] | Anybody want a snack? | 有人想吃零食吗 |
[12:54] | Pizza’s here. | 披萨来了 |
[12:56] | You ordered a pizza? | 你叫了披萨? |
[12:59] | Charlie, you’re supposed to be cutting back on expenses. | 查理 你应该节约一点的 |
[13:01] | Alan, it’s a pizza, not a hooker. | 艾伦 这是披萨 不是小姐 |
[13:07] | Hey, mr. harper. good to see you. | 哈勃先生 很高兴见到你 |
[13:09] | I threw in some of those garlic puffs you like. | 我给你放了点你喜欢的蒜粉 |
[13:11] | Grabbed a bottle of house red. I don’t think they’ll miss it. | 顺便带了瓶店里的红酒 他们不会知道的 |
[13:15] | Thanks, buddy. here’s for the pizza and… | 谢谢 兄弟 这是披萨的钱 然后… |
[13:18] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[13:19] | Can I speak with you for a minute? | 我能和你说句话吗 |
[13:23] | Hang on a sec. | 稍等 |
[13:26] | -what are you planning on tipping him? -i don’t know. | -你打算给他多少小费 -我不知道 |
[13:29] | Give him $2. that’s 15%. | 给他两块钱 15% |
[13:31] | -i can’t do that. -you have to. | -我不能这样做 -你必须这样做 |
[13:47] | I can’t. did you see his face? | 我不能 你看到他的脸了吗 |
[13:50] | Go. | 去 |
[13:55] | -there you go. -thank you, mr. harper. | -给你 -谢谢你 哈勃先生 |
[13:59] | These are ones. | 这些是一块钱的 |
[14:01] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:02] | I can break $100. | 我能找开100块的 |
[14:05] | Yeah, I’m having kind of a cash flow problem. | 我的财政出了点问题 |
[14:09] | Yeah. well, we had a good run. | 好吧 我们以前合作得很愉快 |
[14:15] | Wait. | 等等 |
[14:18] | -here. -no, keep it. | -给 -不用了 你留着 |
[14:20] | You need it more than I do. | 你比我更需要 |
[14:26] | So, deborah said that julie had an addiction to cosmetic procedures. | 黛博拉说茱莉整容上瘾了 |
[14:30] | And I said, “well, then she needs to go to botox detox.” | 然后我说 她应该戒掉去皱瘾了 |
[14:35] | Everyone laughed and laughed, | 每个人都笑死了 |
[14:36] | But, of course, you couldn’t tell cause none of their faces were moving. | 不过你是看不出来的 她们的脸上的肌肉都不会动 |
[14:41] | That’s pretty funny, mom. | 很有意思 妈妈 |
[14:43] | Listen… | 听着 |
[14:45] | Right. you wanted to tell me something. | 哦对 你有事情要告诉我 |
[14:47] | Yeah. maybe you should sit down. | 是的 也许你应该坐下来听 |
[14:50] | What now? you got some girl pregnant? | 怎么了 你让哪个女孩怀孕了 |
[14:54] | You’re gay? you’re on drugs? | 你是同志? 你吸毒了? |
[14:56] | $10 says pregnant. | 我赌10块钱 是怀孕的事 |
[14:59] | -jake, go to your room. -i’m giving odds. | -杰克 回你的房间 -我出赔率了 |
[15:01] | Go. | 快去 |
[15:04] | Okay. here’s the thing. | 好吧 是这样的 |
[15:10] | Would you like a drink? | 你想喝点什么吗 |
[15:11] | I suppose. a screwdriver might be nice. | 好的 来点螺丝钻鸡尾酒 |
[15:18] | I can’t go through with this, alan. | 我说不出口 艾伦 |
[15:20] | Sure you can. she’ll make a couple of snide comments | 你可以的 她会讽刺一下你 |
[15:23] | About your frivolous lifestyle, which luckily, | 不检点的生活作风 不过幸运的是 |
[15:25] | she doesn’t know the half of. | 他连实际情况的一半也不知道 |
[15:27] | You’ll just suck it up, | 你就忍着点 |
[15:28] | pay her back in a couple of months and that’ll be that. | 几个月后还她钱 就这样简单 |
[15:30] | With mom, “that” is never “that.” the guilt is always there. | 绝对不会这么简单的 她总是要责怪我 |
[15:35] | To this day, she still reminds me how much she had to sacrifice | 直到现在 她还一直唠叨她牺牲了多少多少东西 |
[15:38] | Just so I could get braces. | 就为了给我弄套牙箍 |
[15:40] | Like I deliberately had crooked teeth | 好像我故意把牙齿长歪了 |
[15:42] | so she’d be forced to drive a domestic car. | 好让她不得不开国产车 |
[15:44] | -all right, then just drop it. -it’s dropped. | -好吧 那就算了 -是算了 |
[15:47] | -don’t ask her. -i won’t. | -别问她借了 -我不会问的 |
[15:48] | -let it go. -it’s gone. | -忘记这件事吧 -已经忘了 |
[15:49] | By the way, they’re about to repossess your jaguar. | 顺便说一句 他们要收回你的捷豹了 |
[15:52] | Mommy? | 妈咪 |
[15:57] | Very nice. | 很不错 |
[16:00] | So, how much do you need? | 你需要多少 |
[16:01] | I admit that my lifestyle has been a little frivolous | 我承认我的生活是有点太放纵了 |
[16:04] | And I probably should have been paying closer attention to my expenses. | 也许我是应该时刻注意我的开支 |
[16:08] | All right. how much do you need? | 好的 你需要多少 |
[16:09] | This is just a temporary thing, couple of months. | 这只是暂时的 几个月 |
[16:12] | -how much? -you’ll get it back. | -多少 -我会还你的 |
[16:14] | This isn’t like the braces and the mercury capri. | 这次会不像那个牙箍和水星小型敞篷车一样了 |
[16:18] | Charlie, give me a number. | 查理 给我个数字 |
[16:38] | I really appreciate this, mom. | 很感谢你 妈妈 |
[16:40] | No more need be said. | 不用再说了 |
[16:43] | You’ll pay it back when you can. | 你能还的时候还给我 |
[16:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:47] | All right. now that that’s taken care of, | 好吧 既然问题解决了 |
[16:49] | why don’t I take my boys out to dinner? | 我带你们出去吃饭吧 |
[16:51] | There it is! | 又来了 |
[16:54] | Everything’s got a price. | 每件事都有代价 |
[16:57] | -charlie, what are you… -no. | -查理 你干吗 -别烦 |
[16:58] | She can’t just do something nice, there’s gotta be strings attached. | 她不会凭空做好事的 肯定会有附加条件 |
[17:01] | Nothing’s given out of love. everything’s got a hook in it! | 她不会出于爱而帮我 总是带有目的 |
[17:05] | You can keep your money, lady, because I’m a free man, | 你的钱还给你 女士 我是一个自由的人 |
[17:08] | And I can’t be bought. | 你不能收买我 |
[17:11] | Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go hide my car. | 现在我要离开一下了 去把我的车藏起来 |
[17:30] | They’re gonna take my jag away | 他们将要把我的美洲虎拖走 |
[17:37] | Charlie, can I talk to you for a minute? | 查理 我能和你说说话吗 |
[17:40] | I guess. | 行啊 |
[17:46] | How come it’s so dark in here? | 这里怎么这么黑 |
[17:48] | Do you have any idea how much electricity costs? | 你知道电费有多贵吗 |
[17:51] | No. | 不知道 |
[17:52] | I didn’t, either, but it turns out it’s quite a racket. | 我以前也不知道 但现在我发现真是贵得不得了啊 |
[17:57] | I know you’re going through a tough time and I really wanna help you out. | 我知道你最近日子不好过 我真的很想帮忙 |
[18:01] | So, please take this. | 所以 请你收下这个 |
[18:06] | This is a cashier’s check. where did you get a cashier’s check? | 这是银行开出的支票 你哪来的 |
[18:11] | From my dad’s bank, silly. | 从我爸爸的银行里啊 傻子 |
[18:14] | Your dad owns a bank? | 你爸爸有家银行? |
[18:16] | Not all by himself. me and my brother and sister own 49%. | 当然不是他个人的 我和我的兄弟姐妹也占有49%的比例 |
[18:22] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:25] | What about your mom? | 你妈妈呢 |
[18:26] | She doesn’t have a bank. | 她可没有银行 |
[18:28] | -i see. -she’s in oil. | -我知道了 -她是做石油生意的 |
[18:35] | -so you really have… -yep, more than god. | -你的财产… -是啊 比上帝还多 |
[18:40] | Didn’t figure that when you dumped me, did you? | 你甩了我的时候没想到吧 |
[18:44] | Rose, it wouldn’t have mattered. | 罗斯 和这事没关系 |
[18:46] | I know. that’s one of the things I love about you. | 我知道 这也是我喜欢你的理由之一 |
[18:50] | You discard women regardless of their financial status. | 不管是富婆还是穷女人 你都一样抛弃 |
[18:56] | Thanks. but I can’t take this. | 谢谢 不过我不能收下 |
[18:59] | You think I’m crazy, don’t you? | 你觉得我疯了是吗 |
[19:04] | My dad and brother said I was crazy, | 我的爸爸和哥哥说我疯了 |
[19:06] | But I think that was to form a power block | 我觉得他们只是把此作为借口 |
[19:08] | to squeeze me off the board of directors. | 来把我排挤出董事会 |
[19:11] | Shame on them. | 真可耻 |
[19:15] | I told them that you’d help me if I needed it. | 我告诉他们说如果我需要的话你也会帮我 |
[19:18] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[19:19] | you’re the first guy I’ve ever met who hasn’t cared about my money. | 你是第一个不关心我多富有的男人 |
[19:22] | Who slept with me because he was drunk, not because I was rich. | 你和我睡觉是因为你喝醉了而不是因为我有钱 |
[19:30] | I only wanted to help you because I thought that we were friends. | 我想帮你 因为我觉得我们是朋友 |
[19:35] | Maybe I was wrong. maybe I am crazy. | 也许我错了 也许我是疯了 |
[19:37] | No, rose, it’s fine. I am your friend. | 不 罗斯 没事 我是你朋友 |
[19:42] | And if it means that much to you, I’ll take the money. | 如果对你来说那么重要的话 我就收下这钱吧 |
[19:47] | Thank you, charlie. how can I ever repay you? | 谢谢你 查理 我该怎么回报你呢 |
[19:52] | Don’t worry about it. and I will pay you back. | 不用 我会把钱还你的 |
[19:55] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[19:56] | Better I should owe you than my manipulating, scheming mother. | 欠你一个人情总比欠我那个诡计多端的操纵狂老妈人情好 |
[20:01] | That’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me. | 这是你对我说过的最甜美的话 |
[20:05] | Hang on, I’ll grab you a tissue. | 等一下 我去给你拿张纸巾 |
[20:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |