时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Oh,this is going to be so great. | 哦 这可太棒了 |
[00:05] | Are you guys as exited as I am? | 你们两个和我一样兴奋吗 |
[00:09] | Probably not. | 也许不是 |
[00:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:13] | * Happy…* | 祝你… |
[00:15] | ** …birthday to you * | 生日快乐 |
[00:19] | * Happy Birthday to you * | 祝你生日快乐 |
[00:23] | * Happy Birthday,dear Rose ** | 祝你生日快乐 亲爱的萝丝 |
[00:28] | ** Happy Birthday to you.* | 祝你生日快乐 |
[00:33] | Oh,you have got to be kidding me! | 你们一定是和我开玩笑的 |
[00:36] | You guys are the best. | 你们两个是最好的 |
[00:38] | Is that a chocolate fudge cake? | 这是巧克力脆片蛋糕吗? |
[00:40] | You tell us:you brought it. | 你告诉我们 你带来的 |
[00:43] | Shouldn’t you,uh,make a wish and blow out the candles? | 你不是应该 哦 许个愿 吹蜡烛吗? |
[00:45] | Oh,right,right. | 哦 对的 对的 |
[00:47] | I wish this was chocolate fudge. | 我希望这是巧克力脆片的 |
[00:52] | Okay.Now,it’s time for the party games. | 好 现在是晚会游戏的时间了 |
[00:54] | I got one. | 我知道一个游戏 |
[00:58] | It’s called “Drink Until This Night Makes Some Sort of Sense.” | 就叫做 “喝酒直到 今晚有点感觉” |
[01:03] | I’ll go first. | 我先来 |
[01:10] | Nope,not yet. | 没有 还没感觉 |
[01:11] | Round Two… | 第二轮… |
[01:21] | Uncle Charlie? | 查理叔叔? |
[01:23] | Go away! | 走开! |
[01:25] | Have you seen my iPod? | 你看到我的iPod了吗? |
[01:27] | No. | 没有 |
[01:29] | What about you,Rose? | 那么你呢 萝丝? |
[01:33] | -No.Sorry,Jake. -Oh,man. | -没有 抱歉 杰克 -噢 天啊 |
[01:45] | Good morning,sleepy head. | 早上好 瞌睡头 |
[01:49] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[01:51] | So,what’s new? | 那么 有什么新消息吗? |
[02:20] | Mmm,that’s good coffee. | 嗯…那才是好咖啡 |
[02:24] | -Good morning. -It’s gettin’ there. | -早上好 -这个早晨正要变美好了 |
[02:29] | -Whose birthday cake? -Rose. | -谁的生日蛋糕? -萝丝的 |
[02:32] | Oh.Surprise party? | 哦 惊喜晚会? |
[02:33] | No,I think she saw it coming. | 不 我想她看着晚会进行的 |
[02:38] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[02:38] | -Morning. -Hey. | -早上好 -早啊 |
[02:40] | Coffee? | 喝咖啡吗? |
[02:41] | Can you make it to go? | 你能离开吗? |
[02:43] | To go? | 离开? |
[02:44] | Yeah,the thing is,I made a little…boo-boo. | 是的 事情是这样的 我碰了一下…波波 |
[02:47] | -A boo-boo? -A boo-boo. | -碰了?波波? -是啊 |
[02:50] | Anyway,I may have to leave town for a few days. | 无论如何 我也许不得不离开城里几天 |
[02:54] | -Why? What’d you do? -Rose. | -为什么?你干了什么? -萝丝 |
[02:58] | What? | 什么? |
[03:00] | I… did Rose. | 我 我干了萝丝 |
[03:04] | Wait,you had sex with Rose?Are you insane? | 等等 你和萝丝发生关系了?你是不是疯了? |
[03:07] | Moot point,Alan. | 这是没有意义的观点 艾伦 |
[03:09] | What I have to do now is find my passport and head for the border. | 我现在必须做的是 找到我的护照 赶去边境 |
[03:12] | What you have to do is tell Rose that I was drunk | 你要做的是告诉萝丝 那..那个 我喝醉了 |
[03:15] | and I’m sorry and that there’s no reason | 还有我很抱歉 还有没有理由 |
[03:16] | to hunt me down and glue my testicles to my thigh. | 把我逮住 然后把我的蛋蛋粘到大腿上 |
[03:20] | Again. | 再一次 |
[03:22] | I’ll tell you right now, | 我现在就告诉你 |
[03:23] | you’re swabbin’ on your own nail polish remover this time. | 这次你要自己涂指甲去光剂 |
[03:26] | That wasn’t pleasant for either of us,Berta. | 那对我们任何一个都 不是很愉快的经历 波塔 |
[03:29] | What the hell were you thinking? | 见鬼你在想些什么 |
[03:30] | Thinking?There was no thinking. | 想?没有想法 |
[03:33] | We had a few tequila shots and we were talking,having a nice evening, | 我们喝了几柱龙舌兰酒 我们聊着 过了个不错的夜晚 |
[03:36] | then somebody suggested a sponge bath. | 然后某个人建议海绵泡泡浴 |
[03:38] | -Somebody? -It might’ve been me. | -某个人? -应该是我. |
[03:41] | Anyway,the next thing I know, | 无论如何 我知道的接下来的事情就是 |
[03:42] | Jake is waking us up looking for his iPod. | 杰克把我们叫醒了 找他的iPod |
[03:44] | Jake saw you in bed with Rose? | 杰克看到你和萝丝在床上? |
[03:47] | No. | 没有 |
[03:50] | Oh,great,great.That’s just great. | 哦 太好了 太好了 那真是太好了 |
[03:52] | What am I gonna tell him? | 我要和他怎么说? |
[03:53] | Who cares? He’s 11.He’ll get over it. | 谁在乎 他才11岁 他会挺过去的 |
[03:56] | I’m the one who still has a bald patch on my scrotum. | 我是那个在鸡鸡上还有块秃斑的人 |
[04:01] | And let me tell ya,the comb-over isn’t foolin’ anybody. | 还有我告诉你 把别的地方梳过来的方法 谁都骗不了 |
[04:06] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[04:07] | Oh.Hey,look,it’s Rose. | 噢 嗨 看啊 是萝丝 |
[04:10] | Morning,Rose. | 早上好 萝丝 |
[04:11] | Hey,birthday girl! | 嗨 寿星女! |
[04:13] | Did you get anything good last night? | 你昨天晚上遇到什么好事情了吗? |
[04:16] | It was a wonderful party. | 是一个非常美妙的晚会 |
[04:18] | Isn’t that nice? | 那不是很好吗? |
[04:20] | Can I get you anything? | 我能给你点什么东西吗? |
[04:21] | Coffee? Orange juice? Industrial-strength adhesive? | 咖啡?橙汁?工业强度的粘合剂? |
[04:26] | No,I can’t stay. | 不 我不能呆在这里 |
[04:27] | I’m having a birthday lunch with my dad. | 我要和我爸爸一起吃生日午餐 |
[04:29] | Oh,well,that’s great. | 哦 好 那太好了 |
[04:30] | Not that I’m anxious for you to leave. | 不是说我盼望你离开 |
[04:32] | But it’s great that you’re gonna spend some time with your dad. | 但你和你父亲一起玩真是太好了 |
[04:34] | Dads are great.I like the word “dad” better than “father.” | 爸爸都是伟大的 我喜欢”dad” 这个词 胜过”father” |
[04:37] | You know,if Hitler had called Germany | 你知道 如果希特勒叫德国为 |
[04:39] | the Dadland instead of the Fatherland, | “Dadland”而不是”Fatherland” |
[04:41] | I bet it would’ve been a much friendlier country. | 我打赌那就会是个友善得多的国家 |
[04:44] | -Charlie. -Yes? | -查理. -什么事? |
[04:45] | -You’re acting crazy. -Am I? | -你表现得很疯狂 -我有吗? |
[04:47] | Hey,if anybody knows… | 嗨 只要认得你的人… |
[04:51] | I understand last night was just one of those things… | 我理解昨天晚上只是那些事情中的一件 |
[04:54] | I have no expectations. | 我没有期望别的什么 |
[04:56] | Okay.Good. | 哦 很好 |
[04:58] | -And…? -And nothing. | -还有…? -还有 没别的事了 |
[05:00] | I’ll see you later. | 回头见 |
[05:02] | -Bye,guys. -Bye. | -再见 大家 -再见 |
[05:04] | Oh,God,it’s worse than I thought. | 哦 上帝啊 比我想像的还糟糕 |
[05:06] | What are you talking about? | 你在说些什么? |
[05:07] | She sounded perfectly fine with everything. | 她听上去完全无所谓 |
[05:09] | Berta,tell him. | 波塔告诉他 |
[05:10] | She’s nuts.He’s screwed. | 她是神经病 他搞砸了 |
[05:18] | -Uncle Charlie? -Yeah,buddy? | -查理叔叔? -怎么了 老兄? |
[05:20] | You know what’d be cool? If you and Rose got married. | 你知道什么会很酷吗?如果你和萝丝结婚的话 |
[05:23] | Yeah,Charlie,that would be cool. | 是的 查理 那会很酷的 |
[05:27] | I could be the best man. | 我可以做男傧相 |
[05:29] | Carry the ring for you and the medication for her. | 帮你拿着戒指 帮她拿着药[精神病药] |
[05:33] | Do pharmacies have bridal registries? | 药房有没有新婚注册? |
[05:36] | Hey,have you guys talked about having kids? | 嗨 你们两个有没有讨论过要孩子? |
[05:38] | Are we gonna hear the pitter-patter of teeny-weeny crazy-ass feet? | 我们是不是将要听疯狂小家伙吵闹声? |
[05:46] | No.He’s not gonna marry Rose. | 不 他不打算和萝丝结婚 |
[05:48] | Why not? He’s already getting sex from her. | 为什么不 他已经和她发生关系了 |
[05:52] | Jake,Jake…the only reason Rose was in my bed is | 杰克 小子…萝丝在我床上唯一的 |
[05:56] | because she was too tired to go home. | 原因是她太累了不能回家 |
[05:58] | Uncle Charlie,I’m an underachiever,not an idiot. | 查理叔叔 我只是反应慢点而已并不是白痴 |
[06:05] | Okay,fine.You want the truth? | 好了 好吧 你要听真话吗? |
[06:08] | Charlie,please be discreet. | 查理 请考虑你的措辞 |
[06:10] | Just because a man and woman have sex doesn’t mean they have to get married. | 就因为男人和女人发生关系了 并不代表他们一定要结婚 |
[06:13] | It doesn’t mean they have to see each other again. | 并不代表他们以后还要互相见面 |
[06:14] | It doesn’t even mean they have to give their actual names. | 甚至不代表 他们要告诉对方真实的名字 |
[06:18] | Thank you for your discretion. | 谢谢你的判断力 |
[06:21] | No,no,no.It’s time somebody taught him the facts of life. | 不 不 不 现在是有人 教导他人生的真相的时候 |
[06:24] | What facts? That you did a stupid,stupid thing | 什么事实 你做了件非常 非常愚蠢的事 |
[06:26] | ’cause you’re a stupid,stupid man? | 因为你是一个非常 非常愚蠢的人? |
[06:27] | I was getting to that. | 我正要说那个呢 |
[06:29] | Why was it stupid? | 这怎么会愚蠢呢? |
[06:30] | Because he had sex with someone he doesn’t love. | 因为他和他不爱的人发生关系了 |
[06:33] | No,no,because I had sex with someone who | 不 不 因为我和某个知道如何 |
[06:35] | knows how to disable the alarm system. | 让警报器失效的人发生关系了 |
[06:38] | And who has no compunction about shaving my head while I sleep. | 还有那个人对 在我睡觉时 剃我的头 一点悔意都没有 |
[06:43] | -What’s a compunction? -Go get ready for bed. | -什么是悔意? -准备上床 |
[06:46] | -Sounds dirty. -Just go. | -听上去很下流. -快走. |
[06:49] | Hey,lady,I can see your compunction. | 嗨 女士 我能看出你后悔了 |
[06:53] | -Charlie,will you do me a favor? -What? | -查理 你能帮我个忙吗? -什么? |
[06:56] | -Don’t talk to my kid about sex. -Why? | -不要和我的孩子谈性 -为什么? |
[06:58] | Because you’re a pig. | 因为你是头猪 |
[07:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:03] | -What was that? -What was what? | -那是什么? -什么是什么? |
[07:06] | It was a thump. | 就是响声 |
[07:08] | -What do you mean,a thump? -You know,a thump. | -你什么意思 什么响声? -就是响声 |
[07:11] | Like a crazy woman dressed as a ninja jumping from a tree | 就像一个疯女人 穿着忍者服从一棵树跳 |
[07:13] | and landing on the roof with cat-like precision. | 跳到屋顶上 用猫一般精确的动作 |
[07:17] | I didn’t hear anything. | 我什么都没听到 |
[07:19] | Well,I did. | 好吧 我听到了 |
[07:20] | I guess your hearing’s more acute when your nuts are on the line. | 我猜你的听力更敏锐 在你胡说八道的时候 |
[07:27] | Come on,Charlie,you don’t | 少来 查理 你不会 |
[07:28] | really think Rose is gonna do anything? | 真的以为萝丝会做些什么吧? |
[07:30] | Hey,I never told you half the weird stuff she pulled around here. | 嗨 我还没告诉你 她在这里 搞出来的一半的稀奇古怪事情呢 |
[07:33] | Why not? | 为什么不? |
[07:34] | Well,we needed a baby-sitter and I didn’t want you to get spooked. | 好吧 我们需要个带孩子的 我不想你被吓坏 |
[07:39] | Okay,I’m listening. | 好吧 我正在听 |
[07:42] | One time… | 有一次… |
[07:43] | she trained a seagull to swoop down… | 她训练一只海鸥俯冲… |
[07:46] | Oh,God,this is it! | 噢 上帝啊 就是这个! |
[07:50] | Come on,Charlie.I cannot believe a grown man like you | 过来 查理 我不能相信 像你一样的成年男人 |
[07:53] | is afraid of a little girl. | 会害怕一个小女孩 |
[07:54] | A little girl with a big seagull. | 一个小女孩有只大海鸥 |
[07:58] | Went right for my eyes. | 直冲向我的眼睛 |
[08:02] | Have you ever seen one of ’em swoop down on a picnic table to grab a french fry? | 你有没有见过海鸥俯冲向野餐桌抓炸薯条吃? |
[08:06] | -It was just like that. -Charlie… | -就和那个一样 -查理.. |
[08:08] | I’ll bet that’s how she trained it. | 我打赌 那就是她怎样训练的 |
[08:10] | Took a picture of me and put french fries all over it. | 拍张我的照片 周围全都放上薯条 |
[08:13] | You’re being ridiculous. | 你说得很荒谬 |
[08:18] | Am I?We’ll see. | 有吗?走着瞧 |
[08:35] | Are you Charlie Harper? | 你是查理·哈珀? |
[08:37] | Yes,I am. | 是的 我是的 |
[08:38] | I’m Rose’s father. | 我是萝丝的父亲 |
[08:42] | I don’t see a way to back out of this,do you? | 我没找到可以抵赖的办法 你呢 |
[08:51] | So,you’re Rose’s dad. | 那么 你是萝丝的父亲 |
[08:57] | I can see the resemblance. | 我能看出你们很相像 |
[09:02] | You and I need to talk. | 你和我需要谈谈 |
[09:05] | Well,sure,if you want. | 好吧 当然 如果你想的话 |
[09:07] | I’m booked up for the next few days, | 我日程排满了 以后的几天 |
[09:08] | but maybe we can pencil something in for next week. | 但也许我们可以取消一些安排 下周见 |
[09:10] | -Now… -Or now. | -现在… -或者 现在 |
[09:12] | There’s a little window in my schedule now.Come on in. | 我的日程表上现在就有个小的窗口 请进 |
[09:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:16] | -Can I get you something to drink? -I’m fine. | -想要喝些什么饮料? -不用了. |
[09:19] | Okay,well,then you don’t mind | 好吧 那好 那你不介意 |
[09:20] | if I have a little conversation starter,do you? | 我想谈话前喝点小酒的吧? |
[09:22] | -Knock yourself out. -I’m sure gonna try. | -请便[双关语 醉得不省人事] -我当然会尽量试的 |
[09:29] | So,uh,I’m,uh,Charlie’s brother,Alan. | 那么 哦 我是查理的兄弟 艾伦 |
[09:32] | -Nice to meet you. -Same here. | -很高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[09:35] | Uh…I never slept with your daughter. | 哦…我从来都没睡过你女儿 |
[09:48] | I’m not surprised. | 我不奇怪 |
[09:55] | -Okay,Rose’s dad. -Call me Harvey. | -好吧 萝丝的父亲 -叫我哈维 |
[09:59] | Okay,Harvey.That’s easy. | 好的 哈维.那很容易记 |
[10:01] | Like the big invisible rabbit in that Jimmy Stewart movie. | 就像杰米·斯图尔特电影中隐形的大兔子 |
[10:03] | -What was that called? -Harvey. | -那叫什么? -哈维 |
[10:07] | Right. | 对的 |
[10:09] | Loved that movie. | 我爱那部电影 |
[10:11] | A lot of people don’t know it was originally a play, | 很多人不知道那原来是个舞台剧 |
[10:13] | and then after the movie,they tried to make it a musical… | 在拍了电影以后 他们试着改编成音乐… |
[10:15] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[10:16] | -Yes,sir? -Sit down. | -好的 先生? -坐下 |
[10:17] | Yes,sir. | 好的 先生 |
[10:19] | Now… | 现在… |
[10:21] | what are your intentions towards my daughter? | 你对我的女儿有什么企图? |
[10:24] | Oh,right to the chase,Straight shooter.I like that. | 哦 直入主题直截了当的人 我喜欢 |
[10:35] | Ah,thirsty. | 啊 口渴 |
[10:39] | So,where were we? | 那么 我们说到哪里了? |
[10:41] | He wants to know what your intentions are towards Rose. | 他想知道你对萝丝有什么意图 |
[10:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:49] | Well,I…would have to say that my intentions are good. | 好吧 我不得不说我的意图是很好的 |
[10:52] | In fact,anybody who knows me would confirm that | 实际上 认得我的任何人都会证明那点 |
[10:54] | Charlie Harper has good intentions. | 查理·哈珀充满好意 |
[10:57] | His actions,on the other hand,are usually selfish and asinine. | 他的行为 恰巧相反 通常自私而且像蠢驴子一样 |
[11:03] | Again,thank you. | 再一次 谢谢 |
[11:07] | Okay,Harvey,well,I’m glad we had this chance to talk… | 好的 哈维 好吧 我很 高兴我们有这次谈话的机会 |
[11:09] | -Sit down. -Sorry. | -坐下 -抱歉 |
[11:10] | So,are you going to marry my daughter or not? | 那么你打不打算娶我的女儿? |
[11:13] | -Not. -Not? | -不 -不? |
[11:14] | A very well-intended not. | 是非常好意地说 不 |
[11:17] | So,after two years together, | 那么 在你们一起两年后 |
[11:20] | you just plan to keep on stringing her along? | 你就打算继续欺骗她? |
[11:22] | No,I would never… | 不 我永不会… |
[11:24] | Wait a minute,did you say two years? | 等一会 你刚才说两年? |
[11:26] | Now,look, | 自已想想 |
[11:27] | Rose cares very much about you,and she’s not going to leave you. | 萝丝非常在乎你 她不会离开你的 |
[11:30] | So I think the honorable thing for you to do is to let her go. | 所以 我想对你来说 让人讚赏的做法就是让她走 |
[11:34] | Believe me,Harvey,I’ve tried. | 相信我 哈维 我试过了 |
[11:38] | God,how I’ve tried. | 上帝啊 我试过了 |
[11:41] | What’s the problem? | 问题出在哪里? |
[11:42] | You love her too much? | 你太爱她了? |
[11:45] | Not exactly. | 确切的说不是那样 |
[11:47] | I mean,she is a wonderful gal,and I do care for her,but… | 我是说 她是个奇妙的女孩 我确实关心她 但是… |
[11:51] | you see… | 看吧… |
[11:53] | What,the peanut gallery taking a break? | 怎么了 花生漫画停刊了? |
[11:57] | Harvey,the truth is,Charlie has tried to end it, | 哈维 事实上 查理 曾试着结束这种关系 |
[12:00] | but your daughter doesn’t handle rejection all that well. | 但是你的女儿不是那么会应付拒绝 |
[12:02] | Or all that legally. | 或者说合法的应付 |
[12:05] | And in my defense, | 我的辩白 |
[12:06] | we’re not talking about a long-term relationship. | 我们说的不是长期的情侣关系 |
[12:08] | We’re talking about a couple of nights of drunken, | 我们说的是几天喝醉后 朋友之间 |
[12:11] | frenzied sex two years apart. | 发生关系 分开两年而已 |
[12:14] | That’s your defense? | 那就是你的辩白? |
[12:15] | I didn’t say it was a good defense. | 我没说那是好的辩白 |
[12:18] | You’ll have to forgive my brother. | 你一定要原谅我的兄弟 |
[12:20] | He thinks with his penis,and his penis isn’t very bright. | 他是用老二思考的 他的老二不是非常聪明 |
[12:25] | That’s true.Anybody who knows me would confirm that. | 那说对了 任何认得我的人都会证明这一点. |
[12:30] | I can confirm that. | 我能证明那个 |
[12:33] | Oh,for God’s sake. | 哦 看在上帝的份上 |
[12:38] | Rose,did you tell your father we’ve been going out for two years? | 萝丝 你有和你爸爸说 我们出去约会两年了吗? |
[12:41] | Well,yeah. | 哦 是的 |
[12:42] | I thought it sounded better than saying we had a ONS, | 我想这听起来比我们有了一夜情 |
[12:45] | and then I stalked you for two years. | 然后我跟踪了你两年好些 |
[12:47] | She’s not wrong. | 她说得没错 |
[12:50] | Daddy… | 爸爸… |
[12:52] | try to understand. | 试着去理解 |
[12:53] | I didn’t want you to feel sorry for me,or | 我不想你为我难过 或者 |
[12:56] | try to set me up with anybody… | 试着撮合我和谁… |
[12:58] | or have me committed. | 或者逼着人家娶我 |
[12:59] | Oh,sweetheart,I would never do that. | 哦 甜心 我永远都不会那么做 |
[13:02] | We’re a wealthy family.We can afford home care. | 我们家庭还算充裕的 我们负担得起你的开销 |
[13:06] | Okay.Well,I’m glad we had this chance to clear the air. | 好吧 我很高兴我们有这个机会 消除误会 |
[13:10] | I’m sure you two have a lot to talk about,so | 我肯定你们两个有很多要谈 所以 |
[13:12] | I’ll let you get to it. | 我会让你们谈的 |
[13:17] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
[13:18] | Hang on,dear. | 等等 亲爱的 |
[13:22] | Hello? | 你好? |
[13:23] | Alan.Oh,good,I’m glad you’re home. | 艾伦 哦好 我很高兴你在家 |
[13:27] | Listen,uh, | 听着 嗯 |
[13:28] | I’m in the neighborhood,and I know how Charlie hates it | 我在附近 我知道查理有多讨厌 |
[13:31] | when I just drop in unannounced, | 当我不事先打招呼就过来 |
[13:34] | so I thought I’d call first. | 所以我想打个电话先 |
[13:41] | I’ll let him know. | 我会让他知道的 |
[13:45] | Charlie,Mom’s coming over. | 查理妈妈要过来 |
[13:48] | Tell her I’m not here. | 告诉她我不在 |
[13:53] | Hi,sweetie. | 嗨 甜心 |
[13:54] | -Oh,hello,Rose. -Hi,Evelyn. | -哦 你好 萝丝 -好啊 伊夫琳 |
[13:57] | Daddy,this is Charlie’s mom,Evelyn. | 爸爸 这是查理的妈妈 伊夫琳 |
[13:59] | Evelyn,this is my father,Harvey. | 伊夫琳 这是我的爸爸 哈维 |
[14:01] | Harvey,nice to meet you. | 哈维 很高兴见到你 |
[14:03] | Nice to meet you. | 很荣幸见到你 |
[14:10] | So what are we talking about? | 那么 我们正在谈什么呢? |
[14:13] | Well,Charlie and I got hammered last night, | 好吧 查理 和我昨晚上一起玩 |
[14:16] | and then somebody suggested a sponge bath… | 然后什么人建议海绵泡泡浴… |
[14:19] | It might’ve been me. | 也许是我 |
[14:22] | And then we ended up spending the night together. | 然后我们就一起过了一夜 |
[14:25] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[14:28] | Are you as proud of yours as I am of mine? | 你是不是对你女儿自豪 就和我对自己儿子一样 |
[14:36] | Well,you know,you do the best you can to raise them, | 好吧 你知道 你尽最大努力养育他们 |
[14:38] | but,in the end,they drive down life’s highway on their own. | 但是 最后他们还是过着自己的生活 |
[14:41] | Isn’t that the truth.I think God gives us children | 你说得太对了 我认为上帝给我们孩子 |
[14:44] | so death won’t come as such a disappointment. | 所以死亡的时候不会太失望 |
[14:53] | So,Evelyn… | 那么伊夫琳… |
[14:55] | are you married? | 你结婚了吗? |
[14:56] | Not at the moment. | 目前没有 |
[15:00] | Why?What’d you have in mind? | 为什么?你脑子里在想些什么? |
[15:02] | Well,maybe we could start with a little dinner. | 好吧 也许我们可以从小小的晚餐开始 |
[15:07] | Sounds good. | 听上去不错 |
[15:09] | But how do you want to finish? | 但是你想怎么结束 |
[15:13] | Simultaneously. | 同时 |
[15:18] | Oh,he’s good. | 哦 他对女人很有一套 |
[15:29] | Hello.Oh,hi,Mom. | 你好 哦 妈妈 |
[15:31] | Hold on.Alan! | 等一下 艾伦! |
[15:32] | -Yeah? -Get the door. | -什么是? -去开门 |
[15:38] | Boys,we have a problem. | 孩子们 我有个问题 |
[15:40] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[15:42] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了? |
[15:43] | We haven’t seen you in a couple of days. | 我们有些天没见到你了 |
[15:44] | -Not that we’re complaining. -Merely an observation. | -不是说我们抱怨 -仅仅是观察 |
[15:47] | Well,as you know,I have been seeing Rose’s father. | 好吧 你们知道 我最近在和萝丝的父亲约会 |
[15:50] | -Uh-huh. -And how’s that going? | -哦 啊哈 -进行得怎么样? |
[15:52] | At first it was wonderful. | 开始的时候是美妙的 |
[15:54] | He was handsome,charming,and a raging bull in the sack. | 他很英俊 有魅力 上床时就像愤怒的公牛 |
[15:59] | No mental pictures.Push ’em out. | 不要头脑中的印象 把他们赶出去 |
[16:01] | Don’t give them to me. | 别把那些[脑海中的印象]给我 |
[16:03] | But what I didn’t realize | 但是 我没有认识到的是 |
[16:05] | is the man has the emotional stability of a bag of rats in a burning meth lab. | 这个男人的精神状态就像兴奋剂实验室里的一袋老鼠 |
[16:11] | -What’d he do? -It’s what he didn’t do. | -他做了什么? -问题是他没做什么 |
[16:13] | -Okay,what didn’t he do? -Leave. | -好吧 他没做什么? -离开. |
[16:17] | A couple of days of Viagra-enhanced boinking, | 就几天伟哥帮助下的发生关系 |
[16:20] | and he suddenly thinks he lives with me. | 他突然就以为他和我一起住了 |
[16:23] | He’s moving my furniture around! | 他正把我的家俱移来移去! |
[16:25] | He’s getting his mail forwarded. | 他要把邮件地址改成我的 |
[16:27] | He had a satellite dish installed. | 他安装了一个卫星电视接收器 |
[16:29] | Did he get the NFL package? | 他有没有附加国家橄榄球联盟的节目? |
[16:31] | Charlie,please,this is not funny. | 查理 求你了 这不好笑 |
[16:34] | This man is obsessed with me. | 这个男人对我着迷了 |
[16:36] | He will not let me out of his sight. | 他不愿让我离开他的视线 |
[16:37] | Wherever I go,there he is | 无论我走到哪里 他就跟到哪里 |
[16:39] | with a stupid,love-smitten look on his face. | 脸上带着愚蠢的情深款款的表情 |
[16:42] | You just want to hit him with a shovel. | 你就恨不得用铁楸打他 |
[16:45] | Well,what do you want us to do? | 好吧 你想我们怎么做 |
[16:48] | Come over to my house and hit him with a shovel. | 去我的房子 用铁楸打他 |
[16:50] | Wouldn’t it be easier to keep feeding him Viagra until he strokes out? | 是不是这样更容易 喂他伟哥 直到他中风 |
[16:54] | Charlie,don’t be ridiculous.That could take months. | 查理 别胡说八道 那要花数月的时间 |
[16:57] | Come on,now,guys,think.How can I get is loon out of my house? | 来吧 现在 大家 想想我怎么 才能把这个神经病赶出房子 |
[17:02] | I say we bring insome expert help. | 我说我们请教专家的帮助 |
[17:03] | Way ahead of you.Rose! | 早就想到了 萝丝! |
[17:06] | Yes,Charlie? | 在 查理? |
[17:07] | Road trip. | 上路了 |
[17:09] | Oh,goody,I’ll meet you in the garage. | 噢 好的 我在车库等你 |
[17:26] | Daddy? | 爸爸? |
[17:27] | Oh,Rose,good,you got my change of address card. | 哦 萝丝 太好了 收到我改地址的卡片了 |
[17:32] | And there’s my other favorite gal. | 还有这里是我另一个最喜欢的女孩 |
[17:35] | Hello,Harvey. | 你好 哈维 |
[17:35] | Where were you,puddin’pop?I was worried sick. | 你刚才到哪里去了 我可爱的小布丁?我都急得生病了. |
[17:39] | I just went out. | 我就是出去了 |
[17:41] | I didn’t see you leave. | 我没看到你离开啊 |
[17:42] | That’s because I climbed out the laundry room window. | 那是因为我爬洗衣房的窗户出去的 |
[17:45] | Oh,aren’t you a limber little minx? | 哦 你是多么苗条的美人儿啊 |
[17:52] | Daddy,we need to talk. | 爸爸 我们要谈谈 |
[17:55] | Yes,right away,honey.Hey,fellas! | 好 马上就来 亲爱的.嗨 大家! |
[17:57] | Are you ready for some football? | 你们准备看些橄榄球吗? |
[18:00] | Evie,why don’t you get our guests some cold drinks? | 埃薇 你为什么不给我们的客人送上些冰冻饮料? |
[18:03] | Yes,of course,dear. | 是的 当然 亲爱的 |
[18:05] | Garden shed,shovel,bag of lime. | 花园小屋 铁楸 一袋石灰 |
[18:11] | -Daddy,listen to me very closely. -Okay. | -爸爸 来和我说下悄悄话 -好的 |
[18:16] | You don’t live here. | 你不住在这里 |
[18:18] | Yes,I do.Look at me. | 不 我住在这里的 看看我 |
[18:21] | We’ve been through this before,remember? | 我们以前经历过一样的事情 记得吗? |
[18:24] | The pretty receptionist at your psychiatrist’s office? | 那个漂亮的接待员 在你的精神病医生的? |
[18:27] | Oh,yeah.Cheryl. | 噢 是的 谢丽尔 |
[18:30] | She had a mean lawyer. | 她的律师很刻薄 |
[18:34] | Well,this is different. | 好吧 这次不同 |
[18:35] | Evelyn and I are in love,and we’re gonna get married. | 伊夫琳和我相爱了 我们要结婚了 |
[18:38] | Isn’t that right,puddin’pop? | 我说得对吗 我可爱的小布丁? |
[18:39] | Not if you were the last crazy man on earth. | 除非你是地球上最后一个疯男人 |
[18:44] | Guys,feel free to call me “Dad.” | 大家 叫我 “爸爸” 不用拘束 |
[18:48] | -I couldn’t. -No,thank you. | -我不行 -不了 谢谢 |
[18:51] | Daddy,pay attention. | 爸爸 注意 |
[18:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:55] | I know what it feels like to be so in love with someone | 我知道如此爱某个人是什么感觉 |
[18:58] | you want to crawl inside them | 你想爬到他身体里去 |
[18:59] | so that you’re wearing their skin like a leotard with nipples. | 那样你就穿着他的皮肤 就像有咪咪的紧身连衣裤 |
[19:06] | But what I’ve learned is that | 但我学到的是 |
[19:08] | not everyone is ready for that kind of intimacy. | 不是每个人都准备好那种亲密关系的 |
[19:11] | Take me and Charlie,for example. | 拿我和查理做例子 |
[19:13] | We slept together two years ago, | 我们两年前在一起睡过 |
[19:14] | realized how much better we were as friends, | 明白我们做朋友会好多少 |
[19:17] | and we haven’t done it again since. | 我们从那以后就没做过 |
[19:20] | We haven’t? | 我们没有? |
[19:22] | You were too drunk. | 你醉得太厉害了 |
[19:23] | I was gonna tell you eventually. | 我最后总会告诉你的 |
[19:26] | Why’d you let me think we did? | 为什么你让我以为我们做过了? |
[19:29] | Because it doesn’t make any difference. | 因为这样没有区别 |
[19:31] | I’m in this for the long haul. | 我这样是为了长远打算 |
[19:34] | You know,sweetheart,when Evie and I get married, | 你知道 甜心 当我和埃薇结婚后 |
[19:37] | Charlie will be your stepbrother. | 查理就是你的继兄长了 |
[19:39] | Oh,I didn’t think of that. | 噢 我还没想到那个呢 |
[19:42] | Ooh,tres kinky. | 哦 非常古怪哦 |
[19:44] | Rose,stick with the plan. | 萝丝 坚持原定计划 |
[19:49] | Okay.Daddy I didn’t want to have to do this, | 爸爸 我不想这么做的 |
[19:51] | but I brought someone else here to talk to you. | 我带了别人到这里来和你谈谈 |
[19:54] | Who? | 谁? |
[19:55] | Come on in,Grandma! | 进来 奶奶! |
[19:59] | You brought Mother? | 你带妈妈来了? |
[20:01] | Harvey!How many times have I told you | 我告诉你多少次了 |
[20:04] | not to leave the estate without telling me? | 不要不告诉我一声就离开家? |
[20:07] | Aw,Mom. | 哦 妈妈 |
[20:09] | Playtime’s over.Get in the car,we’re going home. | 娱乐时间结束了 进车里去 我们回家 |
[20:11] | But,Mom,we’re getting married! | 但是 妈妈 我们要结婚了! |
[20:13] | To this trash? | 和这个垃圾? |
[20:15] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么想 |
[20:17] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[20:19] | Roll with it,Mom. | 别和她搞了 妈妈 |
[20:22] | I’m counting to three,Harvey.One,two… | 我数到三 哈维 |
[20:26] | I’m going. | 我就走 |
[20:28] | Keep the robe. | 留着睡袍 |
[20:30] | Thanks,I’m not wearing pants. | 谢谢 我没穿内裤 |
[20:33] | Harvey! Do you want me to put you over my knee? | 哈维!你想我把你放在膝盖上吗?[打屁股] |
[20:36] | All right,I’m going. | 知道了 马上走 |
[20:42] | He’s really a good boy. | 他真的是个好孩子 |
[20:44] | But these things happen when you marry a first cousin. | 当你嫁给大表哥的时候就会发生 |
[20:52] | I’d say they’re lucky to have thumbs. | 我说他们很幸运对这方面很有经验 |
[21:01] | I’m really sorry to impose on you. | 我真的很抱歉到你这里来睡 |
[21:03] | I just feel very incomfortable being home alone tonight. | 我就是感到非常的 不舒服 一个人晚上在家呆着 |
[21:06] | No problem,you can sleep in my room. | 没关系 你可以睡我的房间 |
[21:08] | Where will you sleep? | 那你睡哪儿? |
[21:09] | I don’t know,I’ll find somebody. | 我不知道 我会找个人睡的 |
[21:14] | -I’m beat.I’m gonna go to bed. -Good night. | -我很累 我要上床睡觉了 -晚安. |
[21:16] | -Good night,sweetheart. -Good night,Mom. | -晚安 甜心 -晚安 妈妈 |
[21:28] | Sleep tight,puddin’pop. | 睡个好觉 |