时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Alan,do you ever fantasize when we’re making love? | 艾伦 我们嘿咻的时候你会有幻想吗? |
[00:07] | Well,occasionally I pretend that I’m better looking. | 呃 有时候我会幻想自己长得更帅些 |
[00:14] | What about you? | 你呢? |
[00:15] | Sometimes I imagine we’re in the middle of a big department store. | 有时候我会想像我们在 一个很大的商场里 |
[00:20] | Having sex? | 嘿咻? |
[00:22] | No,shopping. | 不是 购物 |
[00:25] | Why would I fantasize about having sex while I’m having sex? | 我在嘿咻的时候 为什么还要幻想嘿咻? |
[00:29] | Do you think about ham and cheese when you’re eating a sandwich? | 你在吃三明治的时候 还会想着火腿和奶酪吗? |
[00:34] | Can’t argue with that. | 你说得我哑口无言 |
[00:39] | What you thinking? | 你在想什么? |
[00:42] | Nothing really. | 什么也没想 |
[00:44] | I just…I got a call from Jake’s school today. | 只是…我今天收到杰克学校来的电话 |
[00:48] | You know who called me?Jessica Murray. | 你知道谁给我来了电话吗?洁西卡·默里 |
[00:51] | Oh,who’s that? | 喔 她是谁? |
[00:52] | A friend of mine. | 我的一个朋友 |
[00:56] | Yeah,well…. | 是啊 呃… |
[00:59] | Anyway,Jake’s mom and I have to | 反正杰克的妈妈和我得过去 |
[01:01] | go to a parent-teacher conference tomorrow… | 参加个家长会 而且… |
[01:04] | and I don’t really know what it’s about. | 我都不知道是为了什么事 |
[01:08] | Hey,do you ever pretend your toes are little people? | 嘿 你有没有用脚趾扮过小人? |
[01:12] | What? | 什么? |
[01:13] | No. | 没有 |
[01:14] | Sometimes I make believe they’re different families playing Family Feud. | 有时候我让他们扮成两家子 一起玩”家庭问答” |
[01:19] | All right,let’s meet our champions. | 好了 让我们来认识下冠军们 |
[01:21] | He goes to market,she stays home,please welcome the Piggy family. | 他买家用 她持家 请欢迎小猪一家 |
[01:28] | Hi,everybody. | 嗨 大家好 |
[01:30] | You’ re going down Piggy family. | 你们输定了 小猪一家 |
[01:32] | You’re going down. | 你们铁定输 |
[01:40] | -Hey -Hey. | -嘿 -嘿 |
[01:56] | How’s it going? | 你怎么样? |
[01:58] | Forget it,Alan. | 别提了 艾伦 |
[02:00] | I only do the apre-sex chat with people I’ve just had sex with. | 我只跟刚和我嘿咻过的人 进行”事”后聊天 |
[02:05] | Come on.She’s playing Family Feud with her toes. | 她跟那儿用脚趾头玩”家庭问答” |
[02:09] | I don’t care if she’s playing banjo with her nipples. | 她就算用咪咪来弹班卓琴 都不关我事儿啊 |
[02:13] | I need to communicate after lovemaking.I need to share. | 嘿咻以后我需要交流 我需要分享 |
[02:17] | You should have thought of that before boinking a girl… | 也许你在与一个智商只有Tickle Me Elmo那个程度的 |
[02:20] | …with the lQ of Tickle Me Elmo. | 那么高的女孩交往前 就该想到这点 |
[02:25] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[02:28] | Hey,Berta.How’s it going? | 嘿 波塔.你怎么样? |
[02:29] | Back off,zippy. | 走开 你兴奋个啥 |
[02:32] | You want pillow talk,you gotta spoon me first. | 你想说枕边密语 就得以”侧臥体位”上了我先 |
[02:51] | I suppose I could talk about his grades again… | 我本该跟你们讨论一下他的成绩 |
[02:55] | but I think we all agree that ship has pretty much sailed. | 但我想我们都同意”船已行远” |
[03:00] | So why did you wanna see us? | 那您为什么要见我们? |
[03:03] | Well,I’m concerned that even outside of the classroom… | 呃 我有点担心杰克 因为即使在教室以外 |
[03:08] | Jake has no interest in anything that goes on around here. | 他好像对学校进行的任何事情 都没兴趣 |
[03:11] | Now,hang on. | 喔 等一下 |
[03:13] | He speaks very highly of your hot lunch program. | 他对你们热腾腾的午餐计划 相当的讚许 |
[03:17] | Well,I was talking more about hobbies or extracurricular activities. | 喔 我指的是兴趣爱好 或是课外活动 |
[03:23] | Well,I don’t know about his father | 呃 我不清楚他父亲怎么样 |
[03:25] | but I’ve tried to share some of my interests with him. | 但我 的确尝试和他分享我的一些爱好 |
[03:28] | Unfortunately,he’s a little young to drink in the dark and bitch about men. | 不幸的是 他年纪太小 还不能吸收那么多埋怨男人的阴郁思想 |
[03:37] | You know I was kind of lacking in focus when I was his age too | 当我在他这个年纪的时候 也没什么爱好 |
[03:44] | till I got bit by the old theater bug. | 直到我被老戏剧的死虫子咬了下 |
[03:47] | Too bad you didn’t get bit by the old rabid squirrel. | 真可惜你不是被有狂犬病的老松鼠给咬了 |
[03:52] | You know,I’m organizing a drama club. | 我正在组织一个戏剧社团 |
[03:56] | Would that be something Jake would have any interest in… | 杰克会有兴趣吗? |
[03:59] | or do you think he gets enough drama at home? | 还是他在家里看够你们的闹剧? |
[04:03] | All the world’s a stage. | 世界就是一个大舞台 |
[04:05] | And we are merely players. | 我们只是其中的表演者 |
[04:11] | Bubble,bubble,toil and trouble. | 冒泡 冒泡 不怕辛劳不怕烦 |
[04:18] | She say what I’m in trouble for? | 她说了我惹什么麻烦了吗? |
[04:20] | Nope. | 没有 |
[04:22] | Boy,it’s the not knowing that drives you crazy. | 老天 就是因为不知道才让人抓狂 |
[04:25] | Yeah,like a pregnancy test. | 是啊 就像验孕一样 |
[04:28] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:30] | I don’t get it. | 我没听懂 |
[04:36] | Yes.In your face,Opie. | 太棒了 你输了 小衰佬 |
[04:39] | This game stinks. | 这个游戏太差劲了 |
[04:41] | No,you stink at it. | 不 是你玩得太差劲 |
[04:43] | That was my lunch money. | 那是我的午饭钱 |
[04:45] | Oh,your lunch money,why didn’t you tell me? | 喔 你的午饭钱?为什么不告诉我呢? |
[04:48] | Boo-freaking-hoo.Pack a sandwich. | 买个三明治吃吧 |
[04:52] | Okay,Jake,well,we talked to Miss Sheffield. | 好了 杰克 呃 我们和谢菲尔德老师谈过了 |
[04:55] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[04:57] | What are you sorry about? | 为什么对不起? |
[04:58] | I’m…. | 我… |
[05:01] | I’m sorry I interrupted you.Go ahead. | 因为打断了你而对不起 你接着说 |
[05:04] | It would be a good idea if you got involved in extracurricular activities. | 呃 我们想你如果参加一些 课外活动 会是个不错的主意 |
[05:09] | Oh,okay. | 喔 没问题 |
[05:10] | Great,great. | 太好了 太好了 |
[05:11] | We’ll talk about it at home. | 我们回家再谈 |
[05:16] | Do you know what an “extracurricular activity” is? | 你知道”课外活动”是指什么吗? |
[05:19] | Who cares?I’m off the hook. | 管他呢 总之我没麻烦就行了呗 |
[05:39] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[05:40] | What was this all about? | 这个动作是干嘛? |
[05:42] | It’s choreography | 这是配舞 |
[05:43] | It’s gay. | 太娘娘腔 |
[05:46] | Okay.okay,Forget about the movements. | 好吧 好吧 别管那些动作 |
[05:47] | Just try singing the song | 只要试着唱这首歌 |
[05:48] | -No. -Why not? | -不要 -为什么不要? |
[05:49] | Because it’s gay. | 因为太娘娘腔 |
[05:53] | Don’t encourage him. | 不要怂恿他 |
[05:55] | Don’t make him sing Gilbert and Sullivan. | 不要让他唱《乐坛双杰》 里的歌 |
[05:58] | He needs something to audition for the school musical. | 他在学校音乐剧的选拔上 总要唱点什么 |
[06:00] | You teach him a song. | 那你来教他首歌 |
[06:01] | Why don’t you let him choose? | 为什么不让自己选呢? |
[06:03] | Oh,Jake.Tell you uncle what you wanted to sing | 喔 杰克.何不告诉你叔叔 你想唱什么歌? |
[06:05] | It’s called “Whup That Stanky Ho.” | 歌名是”抽那臭婊子” |
[06:13] | All right.There’s gotta be some middle ground here. | 好吧.肯定有些折中的歌曲 |
[06:17] | You like classic rock,right? | 你喜欢古典摇滚音乐 对吗? |
[06:19] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:19] | Okay,well,pick a band. | 好的 挑一个你喜欢的乐队 |
[06:22] | How about Queen? | “皇后乐队”怎么样? |
[06:23] | Oh,good. | 喔 很好 |
[06:24] | I was afraid he was gonna pick something gay. | 我就怕他选个娘娘腔的歌 |
[06:55] | Doesn’t sound right. | 听上去不大对劲 |
[06:57] | You heard it too,huh? | 你也听出来了 呃? |
[07:00] | You sure you played all the right notes? | 你确定你都弹对音了? |
[07:02] | Yes,I’m sure. | 是的 我确定 |
[07:03] | It doesn’t sound anything like Queen’s version. | 呃 听上去一点也不像 “皇后乐队”的版本 |
[07:06] | No,it doesn’t. | 是的 不像 |
[07:08] | Why don’t you work on it.We’ll try again tomorrow. | 你好好练练?我们明天再试试 |
[07:13] | Yeah,why don’t I do that. | 是啊 为什么不呢? |
[07:17] | The kid’s a double threat:tone-deaf and arrogant. | 这个孩子简直是双重威胁 既五音不全 又自以为是 |
[07:23] | Hey | 嘿 |
[07:24] | Where have you been?Kandi called for you. | 你去哪了?康迪打电话来找过你 |
[07:26] | Oh,I had to work late. | 喔 我在加班 |
[07:29] | one of my regular patients had a crisis. | 我有一个老病人突然病发 |
[07:32] | His name is Roger,he had a couple of vertebrae pinching a nerve. | 他叫罗杰 身上有几根脊椎 压到了一根神经 |
[07:36] | Too bad | 太糟了 |
[07:37] | Nice guy,you’d like him. | 是啊 他人很不错 你会喜欢他的 |
[07:39] | He restores old cars. | 他是修理旧车的 |
[07:41] | Well,it’s actually more a hobby than a job. | 呃 与其说这是他的工作 还不如说是一种爱好 |
[07:43] | He works at Staples. | 他在史泰博上班 |
[07:44] | His name is Roger. | 他叫罗杰 |
[07:46] | -Alan -Yeah? | -艾伦 -啥? |
[07:47] | Why are you lying to me? | 你为什么要对我撒谎? |
[07:50] | I don’t know.I really suck at it. | 我不知道 我说谎实在太差 |
[07:52] | You do indeed. | 是啊 |
[07:55] | Don’t you care where I was? | 你不关心我刚才去哪了吗? |
[07:57] | Why would I start now? | 我现在为什么要开始关心? |
[08:00] | Oh,come on,I really need to get this off my chest. | 喔 拜托 我真的想一吐为快 |
[08:03] | All right,go ahead. | 好吧 说吧 |
[08:07] | I was with another woman | 我和另一个女人在一起 |
[08:08] | Okay,okay,see,that’s a good lie. | 很好 很好 这个谎话编的不错 |
[08:11] | No,no.I really was with another woman. | 不不 我真的和另一个女人在一起 |
[08:15] | Seriously? | 真的? |
[08:17] | You’re already doing a hot 22-year-old and you’re cheating on her? | 你已经干了一个22岁的辣妹 而现在又背着她偷情? |
[08:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:25] | I am so proud of you. | 真为你骄傲 |
[08:29] | What? | 什么? |
[08:30] | Who’s the dog?My brother’s the dog. | 发情公狗是谁?就是我兄弟 |
[08:36] | Come on,dog.Come on,dog.Howl with me. | 过来 种狗 快过来 种狗 跟我一起嚎叫 |
[08:48] | No,stop howling and let me explain. | 不 别再叫了 听我解释 |
[08:51] | There’s nothing to explain. | 没有什么好解释的 |
[08:52] | You’re sleeping with two women at the same time. | 你同时和两个女人上床 |
[08:55] | You’re a big old dog. | 你是一条发情的老种狗 |
[08:56] | No,I haven’t been sleeping with the other woman. | 不 我没有和另一个女人上床 |
[09:02] | I’ve been seeing Jake’s teacher. | 我见的是杰克的老师 |
[09:07] | All we do is talk. | 我们只是聊天 |
[09:12] | I don’t know how to explain it.We have so much in common. | 我不知道如何解释.我们只是有很多共同语言 |
[09:15] | I mean,she’s divorced.She has a kid Jake’s age. | 我是说 她离婚有一个孩子和杰克差不多大 |
[09:18] | She reads.She likes the theater. | 她爱看书 也喜欢看戏剧 |
[09:20] | Yeah,yeah.But you’re not sleeping with her? | 是啊 是啊 但你没和她上床? |
[09:22] | Why would I when I’ve got Kandi? | 我有康迪了 为什么还要和她上床? |
[09:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:25] | Because you can? | 因为你可以? |
[09:27] | It’s not that kind of a relationship.It’s intellectual. | 我们俩不是那种关系 是精神层面的 |
[09:30] | So take her to a museum,enjoy the exhibits and do her in the restroom. | 那就带她去博物馆看展览 然后在洗手间干她 |
[09:35] | You’re missing the point | 你没听懂我的意思 |
[09:36] | No,you’re missing the point. | 不 是你没听懂我的意思 |
[09:38] | Not getting laid,it’s not cheating. | 如果你没和她上床 那就算不上什么出轨 |
[09:40] | Then why do I feel so guilty? | 那我为什么还有内疚感? |
[09:42] | That’s easy.Because you’re an idiot. | 这个问题很好回答 因为你是个白痴 |
[09:45] | I guess I always thought that | 我想是因为我总以为 |
[09:46] | one woman was supposed to fulfill all my needs. | 一个女人 就可以满足我各方面的需求 |
[09:49] | Oh,that’s an old wives’ tale. | 喔 那是很久以前的老婆神话了 |
[09:51] | Started to protect the interests of,you guessed it,old wives. | 是为了保护老婆们的权利 |
[09:55] | So you’re saying the whole concept of monogamy is a fraud. | 你是说一夫一妻制 根本是骗人的? |
[09:58] | The institution of marriage is a sham? | 婚姻制度是虚伪的? |
[10:00] | No,no,no. | 不不不 |
[10:02] | I’m just saying,bang the teacher. | 我只是说上了那个老师 |
[10:07] | Why does he make everything so complicated? | 他为什么总喜欢 把事情搞得那么复杂? |
[10:16] | Here we go. | 搞掂 |
[10:19] | “Blunderbuss.” | “愚蠢 爱犯错的人” |
[10:22] | Very elegant use of my “under.” | 你很优雅的用了我的”under” |
[10:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:27] | Boy. | 老天 |
[10:28] | I have more vowels than a Honolulu phone book. | 我手上的元音比檀香山[夏威夷首都]电话簿上的还多 |
[10:31] | You’re so clever,Alan. | 你真聪明 艾伦 |
[10:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:34] | You am smart too. | 你也很聪慧 |
[10:37] | Hey,Alan,can I talk to you for a sec? | 嘿 艾伦 我可以跟你说句话吗? |
[10:39] | Sure. | 当然 |
[10:40] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[10:42] | Hurry back. | 快点回来 |
[10:46] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[10:47] | You tell me | 应该你来告诉我 |
[10:49] | Nothing,we’re just playing Scrabble. | 没什么啊 我们只是在玩拼字游戏 |
[10:51] | and you know what? | 你知道吗? |
[10:51] | And you’re right. | 我想你说的对 |
[10:52] | There’s nothing to feel guilty about | 的确没什么好内疚的 |
[10:55] | Good to know.Because Kandi’s here. | 很高兴听到你这么说 因为康迪来了 |
[10:59] | Oh,okay. | 喔 这样啊 |
[11:02] | It’s not a problem. | 没关系 |
[11:03] | Here’s what we do. | 接下来我们该这么办 |
[11:05] | -We? -Come on,work with me. | -我们? -拜托 帮帮我 |
[11:09] | You go cover for me with Kandi | 你去帮我应付康迪 |
[11:11] | and I’ll get Francine the hell out of here. | 我去把弗朗辛弄走 |
[11:13] | But there was nothing to feel guilty about. | 但我还以为你没什么好内疚的 |
[11:15] | You know that and I know that,now go lie to Kandi about it. | 是啊 是啊 你我都心知肚明 现在快去帮我骗骗康迪 |
[11:19] | Fine,I’ll tell her you went to Staples to see Roger. | 好的 我去告诉她 你去史泰博看罗杰了 |
[11:23] | Who? | 谁? |
[11:27] | Hey,why don’t we walk on the beach | 嘿 我们为何不去海滩上散散步呢? |
[11:30] | What about the game? | 那拼字游戏怎么办? |
[11:31] | Screw the game,I concede.You win,well-played. | 别管游戏了 我让步 你赢了 拼字高手 |
[11:34] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:37] | It is a beautiful night. | 多美的夜晚啊 |
[11:38] | Yeah,yeah.Let’s go enjoy it on the beach.Chop-chop. | 是啊 是啊 让我们到海滩上 去享受这迷人的夜晚吧 赶快行动啦 |
[11:47] | -Kandi? -What? | -康迪? -什么? |
[11:50] | Alan must have slipped out. | 艾伦一定是溜出去了 |
[11:52] | You’re lying to me,Charlie | 你在骗我 查理 |
[11:54] | No,I’m not. | 不 我没有 |
[11:56] | Oh,okay. | 喔 好吧 |
[11:57] | Wait,wait. | 等等 |
[11:58] | Don’t you wanna know where he is? | 你不想知道他去哪了? |
[11:59] | Where who is? | 谁去哪了? |
[12:01] | Alan. | 艾伦 |
[12:02] | Sure,why not. | 当然想知道 为什么不呢? |
[12:06] | All right.The truth is… | 好的 |
[12:09] | Alan is out trying to find the perfect gift for you. | 事实上艾伦是出去帮你买礼物了 |
[12:12] | -Really? -Yes. | -真的? -是的 |
[12:13] | He wants to surprise you with something extremely expensive. | 他想送一样特别昂贵的东西 给你个意外惊喜 |
[12:20] | Can you give me a hint? | 你能给我点提示吗? |
[12:21] | Well,let’s see. | 喔 是这样的 |
[12:23] | It’s something that’s a girl’s best friend… | 它是女孩们最好的朋友 |
[12:25] | and looks good wrapped around their neck. | 缠绕在脖子上特别漂亮 |
[12:29] | I’m getting a monkey? | 他要送我一只猴子? |
[12:33] | No,no.Sweet Lord. | 不 不 老天 |
[12:38] | A diamond necklace. | 是钻石项链 |
[12:41] | That’s nice too. | 喔 那也不错 |
[12:43] | Just remember,you didn’t hear it from me. | 记住 我什么也没跟你说过 |
[12:45] | Then who did I hear it from? | 那是谁告诉我的? |
[12:50] | Nobody. | 谁也没有 |
[12:52] | When he gives it to you,act surprised. | 当他送给你的时候 要表现得很惊喜 |
[12:55] | Don’t worry,I’ll be really surprised. | 别担心 我会装得很惊喜的 |
[12:57] | Good.Good.Good. | 很好 很好 很好 |
[13:00] | So will he. | 他也会的 |
[13:35] | That’s…That’s… | 这真是…真是… |
[13:37] | That’s terrific. | 真是太棒了 |
[13:39] | -Do you wanna hear it again? -No. | -你想再听一遍吗? -不用了 |
[13:42] | We don’t want you to strain your voice. | 我们不想累到你的喉咙 |
[13:44] | Do you think I’m gonna do okay at the audition? | 你们觉得我选拔的时候会通过吗? |
[13:46] | You never know how these things go | 呃 你永远不会知道未来的事情 |
[13:49] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:50] | Just hope I have a decent piano player. | 只是希望我能有个像样点的钢琴伴奏 |
[13:56] | I thought you were working with him.What’s the problem? | 我还以为你们俩合作的不错 出什么问题了? |
[13:59] | Okay,there’s a technical term we musicians use. | 好吧 我们音乐家通常 用这个专业用语形容他 |
[14:03] | Jake stinks. | 杰克太差了 |
[14:07] | Well,is there anything we can do? | 呃 我们能做些什么吗? |
[14:09] | We can hope “stinks” suddenly becomes popular. | 我们可以祈祷”太差” 能突然间流行起来 |
[14:12] | But I wouldn’t count on it. | 但我觉得没戏 |
[14:14] | Oh,by the way,you need to buy Kandi a diamond necklace. | 喔 顺便说一句 你要给康迪买一条钻石项链 |
[14:18] | What? | 什么? |
[14:20] | You told me to cover. | 你叫我帮你打掩护的 |
[14:21] | I said you were out buying her jewelry. | 我说你出去帮她买珠宝了 |
[14:23] | That’s all you could think of? | 你就能想出来这个借口? |
[14:25] | Well,I could think of a lot of things but only one made me laugh. | 喔 我可以想到很多借口 但只有一个可以让我发笑的 |
[14:31] | I can’t afford to buy her jewelry. | 我买不起珠宝给她 |
[14:34] | I know. | 我知道 |
[14:36] | That’s what makes it funny. | 所以这才好笑 |
[14:44] | Must have been so expensive. | 这一定很贵吧 |
[14:47] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[14:49] | You do realize this entitles you to extra-special bonus sex. | 你知道这个可以帮你赢得床上额外的快乐不? |
[14:54] | What is extra-special bonus sex? | 额外的是什么? |
[14:57] | It’s whatever you want it to be. | 就是你想怎么样 就怎么样 |
[15:01] | That sounds like fun. | 听上去很有趣 |
[15:05] | Go away. | 滚开 |
[15:08] | Okay,I’ll just play Scrabble till you’re ready. | 好吧 那我就一直玩拼字游戏 直到你有空 |
[15:13] | Give me a sec. | 等我一下下 |
[15:20] | Please don’t tell me Francine is here. | 不要告诉我弗朗辛来了 |
[15:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:24] | Wait,wait,wait. | 等等 等等 等等 |
[15:26] | Francine is here? | 弗朗辛真来了? |
[15:27] | Yeah,you want me to cover for you? | 是的 要我帮你打掩护吗? |
[15:28] | Yes. | 当然 |
[15:29] | I’m on it. | 那我去了 |
[15:30] | Wait. | 等等 |
[15:32] | Charlie,I’m begging you. | 查理 求求你 |
[15:34] | No more jewelry. | 别再让我送珠宝了 |
[15:35] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[15:37] | It’s not funny twice. | 这招用2次就不好玩了 |
[15:44] | Sorry,he must have gone out. | 抱歉 他一定是出去了 |
[15:46] | Oh,okay. | 喔 好吧 |
[15:47] | Tell him I stopped by. | 告诉他我来过了 |
[15:51] | Francine,wait. | 弗朗辛 等等 |
[15:54] | I can’t do this. | 我不能这样做 |
[15:55] | Do what? | 做什么? |
[15:57] | I’m not a good liar. | 我不太善于说谎 |
[16:00] | I know where he is,I’m just not supposed to tell you. | 其实我知道他去哪了 但原本不该告诉你 |
[16:05] | The thing is,Alan does a lot of charity work. | 事实上 艾伦在慈善方面贡献良多 |
[16:08] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[16:09] | Oh,yeah. | 喔 是的 |
[16:11] | Right now he’s down at the nursing home giving sponge baths to old people. | 例如现在 他就在养老院 给老年人们做海绵擦身浴 |
[16:18] | They don’t go out a lot so they tend to get dusty. | 他们不大出门 所以身上很多灰尘 |
[16:22] | I had no idea. | 我完全不知道这些 |
[16:24] | In fact,just the other night he was down on skid row… | 事实上 还有一天晚上 |
[16:27] | teaching salsa dancing to crack addicts. | 他去贫民窟教那些吸毒者 跳萨尔萨舞蹈 |
[16:31] | Oh,my goodness. | 喔 天哪 |
[16:33] | They have the energy,they just lack the focus. | 他们其实精力很充沛 只是没用对地方 |
[16:37] | But I think… | 但是我认为 |
[16:38] | I think what he’s proudest of is his work with the kids. | 我认为他最了不起的地方 是帮助孩子们 |
[16:42] | He takes runaways forced to live on the streets and | 他帮助那些离家出走 留宿街头的孩子 |
[16:45] | teaches them how to live in the woods. | 教他们如何在树林里生存 |
[16:49] | I don’t really see the point but | 我不是太明白他这样做的意义 |
[16:51] | those little urchins seem to thrive in the wild. | 但那些小顽童们看似在野外茁壮成长 |
[16:55] | It’s like he’s a saint. | 他就像是个圣人 |
[16:57] | You must be so proud to have him as your brother. | 你一定很骄傲 有他这样一个好兄弟 |
[17:01] | Well,truth be told,he does bring me a lot of joy. | 喔 说实话 他的确给我带来了很多乐趣 |
[17:06] | Thank you for telling me this,Charlie. | 谢谢你告诉我这些 查理 |
[17:08] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[17:10] | Just promise you won’t embarrass him bringing it up. | 只要答应我别跟他提起这些 否则他会不好意思的 |
[17:13] | Not a word. | 我一个字也不会提的 |
[17:15] | I just hope I can be worthy of him. | 我只是希望自己能配得上他 |
[17:20] | And the plot moistens. | 成功埋下诡计 |
[17:27] | Oh,that’s terrific,buddy.I am so proud of you. | 喔 太棒了 伙计.真为你骄傲 |
[17:31] | Yeah,sure,I’ll tell him. | 好的 没问题 我会告诉他 |
[17:34] | Oh,all right. | 喔 好的 |
[17:35] | Love you.Bye-bye. | 爱你 拜拜 |
[17:37] | Guess what. | 你猜怎么着? |
[17:38] | Jake just got the lead in the school musical. | 杰克要在学校的音乐剧里 担任主角了 |
[17:42] | The lead? | 主角? |
[17:43] | What happened,did every other kid in school get mono? | 怎么回事?其他孩子 都得了单核细胞增多症了? |
[17:47] | No,I think it was Francine. | 不 我觉得是弗朗辛的缘故 |
[17:49] | I think she cast Jake because of our relationship. | 我觉得她是因为我们的关系 才选的杰克 |
[17:52] | You mean it’s gotten physical? | 你是说你们睡过了? |
[17:53] | You’re sleeping his way to the top? | 你帮他一睡成名? |
[17:57] | No,no.Nothing happened between us. | 不 不.我们之间啥事也没发生 |
[17:59] | But I think she’s fallen for me | 但是我觉得她爱上我了 |
[18:02] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[18:04] | What makes you think that? | 你为什么这么认为? |
[18:06] | Well,I had lunch with her today and she was looking at me with… | 呃 我今天和她一起吃午餐 她看我的那眼神… |
[18:09] | I don’t know… | 说不清… |
[18:11] | worship in her eyes. | 好像充满了崇敬之情 |
[18:14] | Like I was some kind of… | 就好像我是什么… |
[18:16] | -Saint? -Yes,yes. | -圣人? -对 对 |
[18:19] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道? |
[18:21] | That’s how I think of you. | 我也是这么看你的 |
[18:23] | Very funny. | 很好笑 听着 |
[18:24] | I’ve been doing my best not to lead her on | 我已经尽量不让她喜欢上我了 |
[18:26] | but I guess I just underestimated my allure. | 但看来我低估了自己的诱惑力 |
[18:31] | Say that again. | 再说一遍 |
[18:33] | -What? -That last part. | -什么? -最后那部分 |
[18:35] | You mean,I underestimated my allure? | 你是说 “我低估了我的诱惑力”这句? |
[18:40] | Yeah,that’s it. | 对 就是这句 |
[18:43] | I’m sorry,am I missing something? | 不好意思 是不是有什么我不知道的? |
[18:46] | No,not a thing. | 不 没有 |
[18:49] | Well,good. | 喔 很好 |
[18:51] | You see,Alan.That’s how you lie. | 知道吗 艾伦 你一撒谎就这样 |
[19:04] | Pretty exciting,huh? | 很激动人心 对不? |
[19:05] | Opening night. | 开幕之夜 |
[19:07] | Well,having seen the previews,I’m betting closing night too. | 呃 我看过预演了 我猜这也是闭幕之夜 |
[19:11] | Boy,this brings back memories. | 伙计们 这让我回忆起小时候 |
[19:13] | Sixth grade was the happiest two years of my life. | 小学6年级是我一生中最快乐的2年 |
[19:22] | It’s the finger. | “夺命手指”又来了 |
[19:24] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[19:29] | So,Kandi,what’s your favorite musical? | 康迪 你最喜欢的音乐剧是什么? |
[19:32] | The trombone. | 长号 [她以为他问她”最喜欢的乐器是什么”] |
[19:37] | I can’t believe you brought her here. | 真不敢相信你把她带来了 |
[19:39] | I had to,Jake invited her. | 没办法 杰克邀请了她 |
[19:42] | Is that a diamond necklace? | 她戴的是钻石项链? |
[19:44] | You never gave me a diamond necklace. | 你从来没送过我钻石项链 |
[19:45] | Yeah,well,you never gave me extra-special bonus sex. | 是啊 呃 你也从来没给过我 额外的奖励 |
[19:49] | -Hi,Charlie -Hi. | -嗨 查理 -嗨 |
[19:51] | Who’s this? | -这位是? -这位? |
[19:52] | This?Oh,this is Kandi. | 喔 这位是康迪 |
[19:53] | Hi,I’m with Alan. | 嗨 我和艾伦一起的 |
[19:56] | Are you one of those young people he takes care of? | 你是他照顾的 那些年轻人中的一个? |
[19:59] | Yep,yep,yep. | 是的 是的 是的 |
[20:01] | Good old Saint Alan. | 好圣人 艾伦 |
[20:02] | Just can’t do enough for the kids. | 总是嫌为孩子们做得不够多 |
[20:04] | Look at this diamond necklace he gave me. | 看这条钻石项链 是他送给我的 |
[20:07] | He gave you a diamond necklace? | 他送你钻石项链? |
[20:09] | Don’t get the wrong idea,it wasn’t to get me to have sex. | 别想歪了 他这么做 并不是为了跟我上床 |
[20:14] | I was already doing everything he wanted. | 我已经满足了他想要的一切 |
[20:19] | I am as shocked as you are. | 我和你一样震惊 |
[21:03] | What was that about? | 她怎么回事? |
[21:05] | Funny story.I’ll tell you later. | 说来就有意思了 我晚点告诉你 |