时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | -Hey -Hey. | -嘿 -嘿 |
[00:07] | So,what’s going on in school? | 学上得咋样了? |
[00:09] | Nothing. | 没咋样 |
[00:13] | Nothing?You just sit there all day and stare at the wall? | 没咋样?难道你就整天坐在那 盯着墙看? |
[00:16] | That’s where the clock is. | 锺就掛在墙上 |
[00:23] | I got it. | 我去接 |
[00:26] | Well,I find it hard to believe that you just watch the clock all day. | 真不敢相信 你整天就盯着锺看 |
[00:30] | Have you seen my report card? | 你看了我的成绩单吧? |
[00:36] | Jake,it’s for you. | 杰克 找你的 |
[00:37] | -I’m busy -It’s a girl. | -忙着呢 -是个小姑娘 |
[00:39] | I don’t care. | 懒得搭理 |
[00:41] | Her name is Wendy Cho. | 她叫温迪·曹 |
[00:43] | Hold on,I’m coming.Don’t hang up. | 等等 我来了 别掛断 |
[00:46] | Hey.How’s it going? | 嘿 你好吗? |
[00:50] | Okay,that’s something we haven’t seen before. | 好吧 这可是见所未见的事 |
[00:52] | Yeah,he only moves that fast when he’s got the squirts. | 是啊 他只有在尿急的时候才跑这么快 |
[00:58] | Wendy Cho is the smartest girl.I wonder why she’s calling Jake. | 温迪·曹是学校最聪明的女孩 搞不懂她为啥给杰克打电话 |
[01:01] | Maybe she lost a bet. | 也许是她打赌输了 |
[01:04] | Charlie,that’s not nice. | 查理 你啥意思啊? |
[01:06] | Well,kids are cruel. | 孩子们就是这样残酷 |
[01:10] | Jake is obviously smitten with her. | 杰克显然迷恋上她了 |
[01:11] | I hope he’s not setting himself up for disappointment. | 我只是希望他不是自做多情 |
[01:13] | Hey,you know what they say. | 嘿 你知道他们怎么说吗 |
[01:15] | A man’s reach must exceed his grasp,or what’s a penis for? | 男人的猎物一定要超出自己的能力范围 不然长个小弟弟干嘛? |
[01:21] | Who says that? | 谁说的? |
[01:22] | Okay,I might be paraphrasing. | 好吧 也许是我个人这么理解的 |
[01:33] | Okay,call you back.Bye. | 好的 再联系 拜 |
[01:40] | -Hey,Dad? -Yeah,Jake? | -嘿 老爸? -啥 杰克? |
[01:43] | Wendy Cho is having a party tomorrow night,can I go? | 温迪·曹明天晚上开派对 我能去吗? |
[01:45] | Tomorrow? A little last minute,isn’t it? | 明天?现在才通知你啊? |
[01:48] | Well,she wasn’t gonna invite me. | 她本来没打算邀请我的 |
[01:50] | Danny Palmer told Amy Sherlack I didn’t like her. | 因为丹尼·帕默告诉艾米·夏拉克 我不喜欢她 |
[01:52] | But I told Peter Calahan to tell Ellen Meisner that I kind of did. | 但我让皮特·卡拉汉告诉 艾伦·迈斯纳 我的确有点不喜欢她 |
[01:58] | I see. | 瞭解了 |
[02:01] | You do? | 真的? |
[02:04] | He lost me at Amy Sherlack. | 我在艾米·夏拉克那块 就被他搅糊涂了 |
[02:08] | -Are her parents gonna be there? -I guess. | -她父母会在吗? -我想是的 |
[02:11] | Let the fathers who have girls worry about that. | 让女孩子的父亲们操心这些 |
[02:16] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[02:18] | All right,I’m gonna wanna meet her parents. | 好吧 我会去见见她父母 |
[02:20] | I don’t see any reason why you can’t go. | 但我没理由不让你去 |
[02:23] | Cool. | 酷 |
[02:24] | Oh,yeah,I’m gonna need a new shirt,new pants and new shoes. | 哦 对了 我需要一件新衬衣 一条新裤子 外加一双新鞋 |
[02:27] | What’s wrong with the clothes you’ve got? | 你那些衣服怎么了? |
[02:29] | Are you kidding? Everybody’s already seen them. | 开玩笑?那些行头大家都见过 |
[02:32] | Yeah,but not with all the latest food stains. | 是的 可是刚滴上的食物污渍还没见过 |
[02:36] | I hear gravy’s the new black. | 我听说肉汤渍是最新潮流 |
[02:40] | Fine,we’ll go shopping tomorrow. | 好吧 我们明天去买衣服 |
[02:42] | How about a new haircut? | 换个新发型如何? |
[02:44] | What’s wrong with my hair? | 我头发怎么了? |
[02:45] | Let’s just say everybody’s already seen it. | 因为大家都见过了 |
[02:48] | Okay,a new haircut. | 好吧 新发型 |
[02:50] | So this is your first party with girls,huh? | 那么 这是你第一次和女孩们开派对 哈? |
[02:55] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[02:57] | Maybe?You’re not sure? | 也许?你不确定? |
[02:59] | You got some cross-dressers in sixth grade? | 刚上六年级你就玩过易装派对? |
[03:04] | Playing a little pin the tail on the tranny? | 在易装派对上玩”钉尾巴”的游戏?[源自犹太小孩的游戏 俚语含”肛交”的意思] |
[03:09] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[03:11] | Why does everyone keep telling me to shut up? | 干嘛都让我闭嘴? |
[03:14] | Because you’ re an insensitive dolt. | 因为你是个迟钝的白痴 |
[03:16] | That’s no reason. | 胡扯 |
[03:19] | This is a very delicate time in a boy’s life. | 这是男孩子一生中 非常微妙的时刻 |
[03:21] | I remember how nervous I was about my first boy-girl party. | 我还记得我第一次出席 男女生派对时 有多紧张 |
[03:24] | Oh,right.That was in college,wasn’t it? | 哦 对 那是上大学时 对不? |
[03:28] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[03:30] | What’s important now is that we support Jake. | 目前最重要的是要支持杰克 |
[03:33] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[03:34] | I’ll kick in the wine coolers and condoms.What are you gonna do? | 我准备冷酒器和避孕套 你打算做什么? |
[03:40] | You’re joking,right? | 你开玩笑吧? |
[03:44] | Okay,let’s say I’m joking. | 好吧 算我开玩笑的 |
[03:46] | I appreciate your interest,but this is a father-son moment. | 听着 感谢你的关心 但这是父子时间 |
[03:50] | I’ve been looking forward to it… | 而且这一次 是我期待已久的时刻 |
[03:52] | since I saw the shadow of his little dingus in the first sonogram. | 自从我在超声波扫瞄中 看到他小弟弟的小影子后 |
[03:57] | That’s very touching. | 好感动 |
[03:59] | And more than a bit creepy. | 更毛骨悚然 |
[04:02] | But still,I can’t risk letting you scar the kid forever. | 尽管如此 我也不能冒险让你 给孩子造成永久的伤害 |
[04:05] | What do you mean by that? | 你什么意思啊? |
[04:06] | Face it,Alan. | 面对现实吧 艾伦 |
[04:08] | What can you bring to the table other | 你这辈子除了和女人间可怜的 |
[04:09] | than a lifetime of abject failure with women? | 失败交往外 还有什么能和他谈的? |
[04:13] | It’s not a lifetime yet. | 还没到一辈子呢 |
[04:15] | I on the other hand,have a wealth of experience to offer. | 相反 我却有著丰富的经验能提供 |
[04:19] | He’s 1 2.He doesn’t need to know how to choreograph a three-way. | 他才12岁 不需要知道怎么搞3P |
[04:23] | I’m not talking about that. | 我可没说3P |
[04:25] | I’m saving that for prom night. | 等毕业舞会时 我再谈这个 |
[04:28] | Oh,good. | 哦 你厉害 |
[04:30] | Let me give you an example. | 我给你举个例子 |
[04:32] | Jake’s at the party. | 杰克正在参加派对 |
[04:33] | All the boys are on one side all the girls are on the other. | 所有男孩在房间的一侧 所有女孩则在另一侧 |
[04:36] | What’s he do? | 他该怎么做? |
[04:37] | You see?You see?Right there. | 你看?你看?我说吧 |
[04:39] | That “um” is the battle cry of the chronic masturbator. | 只有长期”打飞机”的人 才会”呃” |
[04:50] | Define chronic. | 啥叫长期 |
[04:53] | The solution to the problem,my hairy-palmed friend… | 只会自慰的朋友 解决问题的办法在于 |
[04:58] | is to walk up to the prettiest girl and ask her to dance. | 就是径直走向那个最漂亮的姑娘 邀请她跳舞 |
[05:01] | Why the prettiest? | 为什么挑最漂亮的姑娘? |
[05:02] | She’s the one all the other guys are afraid of. | 因为她是所有男孩都胆怯的一位 |
[05:05] | She’ll be dying for some attention. | 她渴望别人的关注 |
[05:07] | -What if Wendy Cho isn’t the prettiest girl? -It doesn’t matter. | -如果温迪·曹并不是那位最漂亮的呢? -没关系 |
[05:10] | When she sees our boy dancing with a hot chick,she’ll be all over him. | 当他看见杰克和热辣的姑娘跳舞 自然会上来缠住他的 |
[05:17] | Of course,it’s so obvious. | 当然 显然如此 |
[05:20] | Bet you’re wishing you could do over sixth grade now,huh? | 我打赌你现在一定很想 重回六年级 哈? |
[05:25] | I could’ve danced with Heidi Winkler | 我本可以和海蒂·温克勒跳舞的 |
[05:27] | Yeah,you could’ve. | 是啊 你本可以 |
[05:28] | -Or Pam Talega -Yep. | -或者潘·泰勒迦 -没错 |
[05:30] | Or Mary Beth Hicks.Shoshana Wasserstein. | 或者玛丽·贝丝·希克斯 还有索拉纳·沃瑟斯坦 |
[05:35] | I don’t think so. | 我可不这么认为 |
[05:40] | Hey,can I get leather pants? | 嘿 能给我买条皮裤吗? |
[05:42] | -No -No. | -不行 -不行 |
[05:44] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[05:45] | Because you need something that lets the farts out. | 因为你需要条 能将屁释放出来的裤子 |
[05:53] | So…Wendy Cho,huh? | 那么…温迪·曹 哈? |
[05:57] | Real subtle,Alan. | 真狡猾 艾伦 |
[05:59] | Charlie,it’s a father-son thing. | 查理 这是父子间的事 |
[06:01] | Yeah,so was pre-war lraq. | 是啊 战前的伊拉克也是这状况 |
[06:06] | -You wanna tell me about her? -Not really. | -想和我谈谈她吗? -不太想 |
[06:10] | Is she in your class? | 她是你班上的吗? |
[06:12] | Where else would I meet her? At a bar? | 我还能在哪认识她?酒吧里? |
[06:16] | -My turn? -No. | -到我没? -不 |
[06:18] | I’m just curious about what kind of person she is. | 我只是很好奇她是怎么样的人 |
[06:21] | What it is about her that you find,I don’t know,alluring. | 你觉得她怎么样 怎么说 很迷人? |
[06:27] | What? | 什么? |
[06:29] | Your dad wants to know if you think she’s hot. | 你老爸想知道 你是否觉得她够性感 |
[06:32] | It’s personal. | 哦 这是个人隐私 |
[06:34] | She’s hot. | 她很性感 |
[06:37] | Are you nervous about this party? | 参加派对紧张吗? |
[06:39] | I don’t know.Maybe a little. | 不知道 也许有点吧 |
[06:41] | -Okay,here’s what you do -Charlie. | -好的 杰克 你该这样做 -查理 |
[06:44] | Hey,hey,you had your shot.”Alluring.” | 嘿 嘿 你已经耍过伎俩了 “迷人的” |
[06:49] | ls there gonna be dancing? | 今天晚上会有跳舞吗? |
[06:51] | -I think so -Terrific. | -我想是的 -可怕 |
[06:52] | -Do you know how to dance? -Not exactly. | -你知道怎么跳舞吗? -不太清楚 |
[06:55] | Don’t worry,it’s easy to fake. | 别担心 很容易掩饰的 |
[06:57] | The thing to remember | 记住 |
[06:58] | is the more you move your arms,the stupider you look. | 胳膊动得越多 越显得你蠢 |
[07:01] | Oh,that is so not true. | 哦 才没那回事呢 |
[07:03] | -Just keep it simple and you’ll be fine -Okay. | -只要保持简练就ok啦 -好的 |
[07:06] | Besides,the critical time is between dances. | 此外 跳舞间隔时才是关键时刻 |
[07:09] | What do you mean? | 啥意思? |
[07:10] | That’s when you talk.More precisely,you get her to talk. | 是你交谈的时间 最好是由你带动话题 |
[07:13] | About what? | 说啥? |
[07:14] | Doesn’t matter.You won’t be listening anyway. | 啥都行 反正你也不会听 |
[07:17] | -Oh,Charlie -Just drive the car. | -哦 查理 -开你的车 |
[07:20] | Yeah,Dad,this is important. | 对 老爸 这很关键 |
[07:22] | Keep in mind,you’re not looking to score night | 记住 别想着今晚就达阵得分 |
[07:24] | You’re getting into the batter’s box. | 你不过是在争取击球手的位置 |
[07:27] | Wendy doesn’t like sports. | 温迪不喜欢运动 |
[07:30] | You’re missing the point. | 我是在打比方 |
[07:31] | She plays violin. | 她拉小提琴 |
[07:35] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[07:36] | Your goal for the party tonight is to convince Wendy you’re a mature, | 你今晚派对的目的在于让温迪·曹深信 |
[07:41] | sophisticated guy who sees her not just as a woman | 你是个成熟 老练的男人 并非只把她当成一个女的 |
[07:44] | but as a complete human.Got it? | 而是将她视为独立的人 明白吗? |
[07:46] | -I think so -Good. | -瞭解 -很好 |
[07:48] | I’m not going. | 我不去了 |
[07:51] | Hey,hey,not only are you gonna go… | 嘿 嘿 你不仅会去 |
[07:54] | it’ll be a night you’ll remember for the rest of your life. | 今晚还将成为你毕生难忘的夜晚 |
[07:57] | That’s what I’m afraid of. | 这就是我所害怕的 |
[08:04] | Oh,oh,this is nice. | 哦 哦 这件不错 |
[08:07] | Yeah,sure,if he’s doing the other kids’ taxes. | 是啊 当然 如果他是 给其他孩子报稅的人的话 |
[08:11] | It’s a timeless style. | 这可是永恒款式 |
[08:13] | No,it just seems timeless when you’re not getting laid. | 不 穿上它只会永远泡不到妞 |
[08:17] | Put it back. | 放回去 |
[08:19] | This is cool. | 这件很帅 |
[08:20] | Yeah.Just one question. | 是啊 只有一个问题 |
[08:22] | Is your Wendy Cho a voodoo priestess? | 你说的温迪·曹是伏都教的教徒吗? |
[08:26] | No,I think she’s Chinese. | 不 我想她是中国人 |
[08:28] | Put it back. | 放回去 |
[08:31] | There’s something to be said for letting him make his own choices. | 知道吗 我想说 让他自己做选择 |
[08:34] | Oh,that’s a bunch of crap.He’s an idiot. | 哦 一堆废话 他是个白痴 |
[08:38] | If we let him,he’d go to that party in a Viking helmet and a cape. | 如果任由他决定 他会戴着海盗帽盔 披着斗篷去派对的 |
[08:45] | Here we go. | 耶 这件对了 |
[08:49] | Don’t even think about it. | 想都别想 |
[08:51] | What?It says,”I’ve got a little money,but I’m not a corporate drone.” | 咋了?穿上这件 仿佛在说 “我有点小钱 但我不是个无趣的人” |
[08:55] | No,it says,”I’m pushing 40 and I can’t deal with it.” | 不 仿佛是在说 “我要奔4了 真没办法接受” |
[09:01] | All right,maybe the kid needs his own look. | 好吧 也许还是让孩子自己选吧 |
[09:04] | -Jake,come here -What? | -杰克 过来 -咋啦? |
[09:07] | Just stand there. | 站在这就行了 |
[09:08] | Let’s try and visualize what your personal style might be. | 让我们来想像一下你是哪种款型的人 |
[09:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:20] | Maybe we should start with the haircut. | 也许我们应该从头发开始 |
[09:26] | Oh,my,has Mommy been trimming your hair with her teeth? | 哦 天啊 你头发是不是被 老妈用牙修整过? |
[09:29] | No | 哪有 |
[09:30] | Not to worry,Ricky loves a challenge. | 别担心 里奇喜欢挑战 |
[09:34] | I’m guessing Ricky also loves pretending he’s a taffy apple. | 我猜里奇也喜欢掩饰自己是基佬 |
[09:39] | Wanna take him to your guy with the shaky hands | 想带你儿子去那个双手乱颤 |
[09:41] | and a signed picture of Desi Arnaz? | 还贴了德西·阿纳慈的簽名照的那家? |
[09:44] | Desi Arnaz had beautiful hair. | 德西·阿纳慈的头发很漂亮 |
[09:46] | So,Charles,do we have a game plan | 那么 查尔斯 打算剪成啥样的 |
[09:48] | or shall I just follow my muse? | 或者按我的灵感来? |
[09:49] | -Can I get a Mohawk? -No. | -能给我理个小贝的发型吗? -不行 |
[09:52] | We should go for something young and hip. | 我想咱们应该选个年轻时髦的发型 |
[09:55] | -Like your hairstyle? -Sure,why not? | -喜欢你自己的发型吗? -当然了 为什么不? |
[09:57] | You’d have to kill me. | 你杀了我吧 |
[10:00] | Just tighten it up a little.Nothing extreme. | 稍微修短点 不许弄夸张 |
[10:02] | -Can you make it purple? -No. | -能帮我染成紫色吗? -不行 |
[10:05] | Oh,man. | 哦 伙计 |
[10:06] | Relax.Ricky knows what he’s doing.He’s been cutting my hair for years. | 放松 里奇知道自己在干嘛 他帮我剃了好多年头发 |
[10:09] | What if I don’t wanna look like you? | 如果我不想看上去和你一样呢? |
[10:12] | -What’s wrong with the way I look? -Nothing. | -我看上去咋不好了? -没啥 |
[10:14] | If you’re a statue in front of a Big Boy restaurant. | 如果你只是Big Boy餐馆 门前的雕像的话 |
[10:18] | -Are you freaking kidding me? -Charlie. | -你丫开什么玩笑呢? -查理 |
[10:21] | -The kid should be so lucky -We’ll wait over here. | -伙计 这孩子应该感到幸运才对 -我们会在那边等你 |
[10:25] | I’m buying the little wise-ass a $75 haircut | 我花75美元给这小鬼头理发 |
[10:27] | and he’s taking shots at me? | 他居然还奚落我 |
[10:29] | You said it,he has to find his own look. | 你自己说的 他得找到适合自己的造型 |
[10:31] | Yeah,let him find it on somebody else’s MasterCard. | 是啊 让他用其他人的信用卡去找吧 |
[10:34] | -Look at his point of view -What’s his point of view? | -现在 看看他的观点 -他的观点是什么? |
[10:37] | Well,put overalls on you and you do kind of look like the Big Boy. | 一切都依赖与你喽 不过你的确有点像Big Boy雕像 |
[10:41] | Stand like this for me. | 摆这个姿势给我看看 |
[10:46] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[10:48] | By the way,did you have the talk with him? | 对了 你和他谈过那话题了吗? |
[10:52] | Oh,sure.I mean,well,we’ve had a talk. | 哦 当然 我是说 我们谈过了 |
[10:56] | Covered the basics. | 基础知识都谈了 |
[10:57] | He knows where babies come from.How they got there. | 他知道宝宝是从哪来的 且是如何来的 |
[10:59] | That’s all? | 就这些? |
[11:01] | He’s going to this party clueless about how much fun he can have | 他就要参加派对了 却完全不知自己能找多少乐子 |
[11:04] | between “Hi” and “What do you mean,you missed your period?” | 就在”嗨 你好吗” 和”你说你错过了 经期是啥意思”的问话中 |
[11:08] | Charlie,it’s a kids’ party.Pizza,soft drinks,a little dancing. | 查理 这是小孩的派对 披萨 饮料 跳个舞 |
[11:11] | Oh,really?You know what I was doing at his age? | 哦 真的吗?知道我在他那么大时 在干嘛吗? |
[11:13] | -I don’t wanna hear it -You sure? | -我不想听 -真的? |
[11:15] | It involves Shoshana Wasserstein. | 和苏珊纳·沃瑟斯坦有关哦 |
[11:19] | You danced with Shoshana Wasserstein? | 你和苏珊纳·沃瑟斯坦跳舞了? |
[11:21] | Actually,that’s one thing we didn’t do. | 事实上 这是我们唯一没做的事 |
[11:24] | Nevertheless,I’m Jake’s father. | 但我是杰克的爸爸 |
[11:27] | I believe childhood should be a time of innocence. | 而且我刚好相信童年应该是纯真的年代 |
[11:30] | I agree.Childhood should be a time of innocence. | 我同意 童年应该是纯真的年代 |
[11:33] | And Bambi’s mother shouldn’t die. | 而且小鹿斑比的妈妈不应该过逝 |
[11:35] | Lap dances should be complimentary after the fifth cocktail. | 点了5杯鸡尾酒后 应该免费赠送辣身舞 |
[11:39] | But that’s not the world we live in. | 但那不是我们所生活的世界 |
[11:42] | This party tonight is the initial round in a | 今晚的派对将是人生中的 |
[11:44] | lifelong process of sexual elimination. | 第一轮性淘汰 |
[11:47] | -Oh,really? -Think of it as musical chairs. | -哦 真的吗? -把它想像成”抢板凳”的游戏 |
[11:50] | But when the music stops, | 区别是 当音乐停止时 |
[11:51] | the guys who have a clue are sitting on a woman instead of a chair. | 精明的男人就能在女人上 而不是凳子上 |
[11:56] | The guys who have no clue,they’ll spend their teenage years… | 没头绪的男人 他们的少年时代将… |
[12:01] | Well,I certainly don’t need to tell Dungeon Master Alan. | 哦 有必要和大师级土人艾伦说这个吗 |
[12:10] | Come on,Jake,we’re gonna be late for the party. | 快点 杰克 派对要迟到了 |
[12:14] | I’m ready. | 准备好了 |
[12:17] | -It’s very nice -Yeah,I think we’re good. | -真潇洒 -是啊 我想咱们准备得不错 |
[12:20] | Turn around. | 转一圈 |
[12:24] | You’re supposed to take the price tag off. | 你应该把标签给摘下来 |
[12:27] | But you said it was good to be seen in expensive clothes. | 但你说 让人家看见你穿着 昂贵的衣服才好 |
[12:31] | You still want him to learn from his mistakes? | 你还想让他从自己的错误中学习进步吗? |
[12:34] | -Fine.Can we go now? -Hang on. | -好了 可以走了吗? -等等 |
[12:36] | Let’s see the dance moves. | 来看看舞步先 |
[12:44] | Don’t stare at your shoes,eyes on the girl at all times. | 别盯着你的鞋子 眼睛每时每刻都要盯着女孩子 |
[12:47] | Pretend you care. | 装出一副关注的样子 |
[12:51] | Good.Good.Good.Now… | 很好 很好 很好 |
[12:53] | how do you stand when you know Wendy’s looking at you? | 当你发现温蒂看着你时 你该怎么站著? |
[12:58] | That’s it.A little head bob. | 正点 动动脑袋 |
[13:03] | Show me the sleepy eyes. | 来点困倦的眼神 |
[13:07] | I said sleepy,not brain-dead. | 是困倦的 不是脑死亡 |
[13:13] | All right. | 好了 |
[13:14] | -Who’s the man? -I’m the man. | -谁是男子汉? -我是 |
[13:16] | -Who’s the man? -I’m the man. | -谁是男子汉? -我是男子汉 |
[13:17] | Okay,let’s go get them. | 好的 泡马子去 |
[13:29] | -Alan -I’m coming. | -艾伦 -来了 |
[13:37] | Try the house with the balloons tied to the mailbox. | 就找信箱上绑了气球的房子 |
[13:41] | Oh,right. | 哦 对 |
[13:45] | Okay,let’s go. | 好了 咱们走 |
[13:47] | Where are you going? | 你要上哪去? |
[13:51] | I wanna meet her parents,say hello, | 我想去见她父母 打声招呼 |
[13:53] | find out when to pick you up. | 定好时间来接你 |
[13:54] | Alan,you take one step out this car | 艾伦 你要敢走出车子一步 |
[13:56] | I will beat your brains out with a tire iron. | 我就拿铁杠爆了你的头 |
[14:00] | Thank you,Uncle Charlie. | 谢谢 查理叔叔 |
[14:03] | Have fun. | 玩开心点 |
[14:04] | Call my cell when you want me to pick you Up. | 要我来接你时 就打我手机 |
[14:11] | There he goes. | 上阵去了 |
[14:13] | My son is attending his first boy-girl party. | 我儿子正要出席他的首个男女生派对 |
[14:23] | Who’s that opening the door? | 开门的是谁? |
[14:25] | Oh,oh,that’s Wendy Cho. | 哦 哦 就是温迪·曹 |
[14:27] | Oh,good,she’s cute.The kid’s got taste. | 哦 好极了 她很可爱有品位的孩子 |
[14:30] | But she’s like a foot taller than him. | 不过她好像比杰克高一英尺 |
[14:32] | That’s all right. | 没关系 |
[14:33] | When they slow dance,his head will be perfectly positioned. | 等他们慢舞时他的头正好对着她的胸部 |
[14:35] | Oh,get your mind out of the gutter. | 哦 别老琢磨这些淫秽的东西 |
[14:38] | Right,like you never copped a feel with your ear? | 是啊 好像你没用耳朵袭过胸似的 |
[14:41] | No. | 没有 |
[14:44] | Okay,once with Aunt Sophie. | 好吧 就一次 和索菲阿姨那次 |
[14:47] | But that was an accident. | 但那是个意外 |
[14:49] | You know what I’m talking about. | 那你知道我在说什么吧 |
[14:51] | Oh,yeah. | 哦 是啊 |
[14:56] | -Here you go. -Thank you. | -你们的来了 -谢谢 |
[15:00] | Oh,looks good. | 哦 看起来不错 |
[15:03] | She’s pretty,huh? | 她很漂亮吧? |
[15:07] | Yeah,I guess. | 我想是的 |
[15:09] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么了? |
[15:10] | What if I sent him out there too soon? | 万一我送他去那种场合过早了怎么办? |
[15:13] | What if he’s not ready? | 万一他还没准备好呢? |
[15:15] | Don’t beat yourself,you did everything you could. | 别老责怪自己 你已经尽力而为了 |
[15:17] | There just wasn’t enough time,damn it. | 准备的时间太少了 该死 |
[15:21] | It’s out of our hands.We let nature take its course. | 这是我们无法控制的 还是顺其自然吧 |
[15:23] | Sounds good,unfortunately nature keeps telling him to scratch his ass. | 听起来不错 不幸的是 自然只会不停的叫他抓屁股 |
[15:31] | -It’s Jake -God,I knew it.Give me that. | -哦 是杰克 -天啊 我就知道 把电话给我 |
[15:33] | No,no,no,I got it. | 不 不 不 我来接 |
[15:35] | Hey,what’s up,buddy? | 嘿 还好吗 伙计? |
[15:37] | He wants to come home. | 他想回家 |
[15:39] | Why?He just got there. | 为什么?他才刚到那 |
[15:40] | Why?You just got there. | 为什么?你才刚去那 |
[15:43] | He says it’s personal. | 他说是个人原因 |
[15:45] | Give me that. | 给我电话 |
[15:47] | Jake,Jake,I’m gonna talk you through this. | 杰克 杰克 我用电话指导你 |
[15:51] | Just pipe down and listen. | 别吵 听好了 |
[15:54] | Finish your cookie later. | 等会再吃你的曲奇 |
[15:58] | Where’s Wendy Cho right now? | 温迪·曹现在在哪? |
[16:02] | How many girls is she talking to? | 她在和几个女孩说话? |
[16:04] | Okay,okay,you gotta split her from the herd. | 好的 好的 你得想办法把她从人群中隔离出来 |
[16:08] | Walk over and say you have something to ask her. | 走过去说你有事问她 |
[16:11] | Then take her hand and lead her away from her friends. | 然后拉着她的手 将她带离那些朋友 |
[16:15] | Okay,then put the cookie down first. | 好了 那先放下手里的曲奇 |
[16:20] | Now,when you have some privacy, | 等你们有了私人空间后 |
[16:23] | I want you to look her in the eye and say you were lying. | 我要你看着她的眼睛告诉她你刚才在骗她 |
[16:25] | You just wanted to be alone with her. | 你只是想和她单独呆会 |
[16:28] | It will too work. | 绝对管用 |
[16:31] | All right,call me back. | 好了 再打给我 |
[16:34] | God,I just wish I could be there with him. | 天啊 我真希望能在那陪着他 |
[16:37] | -Me too -Thanks. | -我也是 -谢谢 |
[16:41] | -Ready for a refill? -Sure. | -要续杯吗? -当然 |
[16:46] | -Are you okay? -Yeah,I’m fine. | -你还好吗? -是的 我没事 |
[16:48] | I’m just worried about my nephew. | 就是有点担心我的小侄子 |
[16:50] | He’s at his first boy-girl party. | 他正在参加人生中首个男女生派对 |
[16:53] | Oh,that’s adorable. | 哦 真可爱 |
[16:55] | He’s my son. | 他是我儿子 |
[17:00] | -How old is he? -Twelve. | -他几岁了? -12岁 |
[17:03] | Kid’s the apple of my eye. | 这孩子是我的宝贝疙瘩 |
[17:06] | You’re so sweet. | 你真贴心 |
[17:07] | Excuse me,officially,it’s my apple and my eye. | 不好意思 他是我的宝贝 我的疙瘩才对 |
[17:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:16] | -Connie. -Charlie | -康妮 |
[17:18] | Would you like some pie,Charlie? | 你想来点馅饼吗 查理? |
[17:20] | It’s on the house. | 是免费的 |
[17:22] | Your house or mine? | [去]你家还是我家? |
[17:24] | You’re awful.Mine. | 你真讨厌 去我家啦 |
[17:27] | Un-freaking-believable. | 难以置信 |
[17:32] | Look,Connie,I’m kind of tied up tonight with my nephew. | 康妮 我今天晚上为侄子的事忙着 |
[17:35] | Why not write your number on the bill? | 不如你把电话留在帐单上吧 |
[17:38] | Already did. | 已经留了 |
[17:44] | What? | 咋了? |
[17:46] | -He’s my son -But I know how to use him. | -他是我儿子 -但我知道如何利用他 |
[17:53] | Oh,it’s Jake. | 哦 是杰克 |
[18:01] | Talk to me. | 说吧 |
[18:02] | No,you’re the man. | 不 你是男子汉 |
[18:04] | You’re the man. | 你是男子汉 |
[18:06] | Great.Keep me posted. | 很好 有事及时通告 |
[18:08] | Who’s the man?Right. | 谁是男子汉?很好 |
[18:15] | What?What? | 咋了?咋了? |
[18:17] | It’s going well. | 进展很顺利 |
[18:24] | He’s gonna be one of the last to leave.That’s a good sign. | 他将是最后离开的之一这是个好信号 |
[18:28] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:29] | You tend to lose track of time when you’re in a closet with a girl. | 当你和女人在小房间里厮混时 很容易忘记时间的 |
[18:34] | I just wish I could’ve covered kissing with him. | 真希望我教了他该如何亲嘴 |
[18:37] | Please,God,don’t let him pucker. | 拜托 上帝啊 别让他撅嘴 |
[18:42] | -What’s wrong? -Oh,it’s nothing. | -怎么了? -哦 没啥 |
[18:45] | Don’t worry,Wendy will know what to do. | 别担心 温迪知道该怎么做的 |
[18:47] | She’s probably been practicing with her girlfriends. | 她应该和她的女性朋友们练习过 |
[18:50] | Man,chicks are so lucky. | 伙计 女孩子就是幸运 |
[18:53] | It’s not the kissing. | 不是亲嘴 |
[18:56] | It’s this whole thing. | 而是整件事 |
[18:57] | I’m sorry if I interfered with the father-son deal,but… | 嘿 听着 如果我干扰了父子间的事 我很抱歉 但是… |
[19:00] | No,no,no,you’ve done a great job.Jake’s really lucky to have you. | 不 不 不 你做得非常好.杰克能有你支持是件幸事 |
[19:05] | So,what’s the problem? | 那么 问题出在哪? |
[19:08] | I guess I’m a little jealous. | 我猜是我有点嫉妒 |
[19:10] | Of what? | 嫉妒什么? |
[19:12] | Charlie,do you have any idea what it would’ve meant… | 查理 你知道吗 如果你能 |
[19:15] | to have you take me under your wing the way you have with Jake? | 像对杰克那样 细心呵护我对我会有多大意义吗? |
[19:18] | Oh,here we go. | 哦 又来了 |
[19:20] | Dad was gone,there was no one to teach me this | 老爸死得早 没人来教我这些东西 |
[19:23] | You know how I found out about French kissing? | 你知道我是怎么了解法式亲吻的吗? |
[19:25] | Mom sliced a plum in half and stuck her tongue in it. | 老妈把李子切了一半 然后将舌头舔进去… |
[19:29] | You could have taken that secret to the grave. | 天啊 你可以把这个秘密留到棺材里的 |
[19:32] | And that’s not all she showed me. | 这还不是她做给我看的全部内容 |
[19:34] | To this day,I can’t eat plums,dried apricots or bananas. | 直到现在 我都吃不下李子 杏干 还有香蕉 |
[19:39] | All right,all right,I’m sorry. | 好吧 好吧 我很抱歉 |
[19:43] | Look,I was young,I was selfish, | 听着 我当时太年轻 太自私 |
[19:47] | I should have been there for you. | 我应该好好陪伴支持你的 |
[19:49] | You know,it’s not too late. | 知道吗 现在也不晚 |
[19:53] | That’s a real nice idea,buddy. | 这真是个好主意 伙计 |
[19:56] | But I’m afraid it is. | 但我觉得太晚了 |
[20:00] | -Hey -Hey. | -嘿 -嘿 |
[20:04] | -Well,how’d it go? -Okay. | -情况怎么样? -还行 |
[20:07] | -Just okay? -Alan,leave it alone. | -仅仅还行? -艾伦 别紧追不舍 |
[20:11] | All right. | 好吧 |
[20:13] | -So,Jake,congratulations -For what? | -那么 杰克 祝贺你 -祝贺啥? |
[20:17] | You got lipstick all over your mouth. | 你嘴上有一圈唇印 |
[20:19] | Oh,man. | 哦 老兄 |
[20:20] | Relax,I was bluffing. | 别紧张 我骗你的 |
[20:24] | But congratulations. | 但仍要祝贺你 |
[20:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:35] | Well,it was touch-and-go there for a while. | 暂时还说不准 不过 |
[20:37] | But I think Jake’s off to a good start with the ladies. | 我想杰克和女士的交往 有了个好的开始 |
[20:41] | Yeah,listen,Charlie. | 是啊 听着查理 |
[20:43] | Don’t take this the wrong way but | 请别误解我 但 |
[20:46] | I really don’t want Jake to grow up like you. | 我真的不希望杰克将来成为你这样的人 |
[20:50] | Alan,how could I possibly take that the wrong way? | 艾伦 我怎么会误解你的意思呢? |
[20:54] | No,I mean,I don’t want him to be a player. | 不 我是说 我不希望他成为一个花花公子 |
[20:57] | I want him to value women and cherish his relationships with them. | 我希望他能尊重女性 珍视他和女人间的感情 |
[21:01] | Hey,I value women,I cherish my relationships with them. | 嘿 我尊重女性 我也珍视我和女人间的感情 |
[21:06] | But I take your point. | 但我会接受你的意见 |
[21:11] | Hey,Dad,how old do you have to be to get married? | 嘿 爸爸 要多大才能结婚? |
[21:13] | I guess 18.Why? | 我猜是18岁吧 怎么了? |
[21:16] | Just wondering how long Wendy and I have to wait. | 只是想知道我和温迪还要熬多久 |
[21:20] | One kiss and he’s ready to marry the girl. | 一个吻 他就想好要娶那女孩了 |
[21:23] | So? | 怎么? |
[21:25] | So you don’t have to worry. | 那么你不用担心了 |
[21:26] | He’s definitely your son. | 他绝对是你儿子 |