时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I am sorry you have to go. | 真遗憾你必须要走了 |
[00:03] | I don’t have to go. | 我不一定要走啊 |
[00:05] | I mean,i’m sorry i have work to do, so you can’t stay. | 我是说 我很抱歉还有工作要做 所以你不能留下来 |
[00:08] | Didn’t you hear me? I can stay. | 你没听见我说话吗? 我可以留下来的 |
[00:11] | Yeah,i wish you could… | 是啊…我真希望你能留下… |
[00:16] | But there’s no way i’d be able to concentrate with you around. | 但是有你在身边我怎么能集中精力呢 |
[00:20] | Don’t forget your sweater. | 别忘了你的毛衣 |
[00:23] | Oh,you are so thoughtful. Most guys aren’t. | 你真体贴 大多数男人都不是这样的 |
[00:25] | Most guys are selfish,hateful bastards, | 大多数男人都是自私可恨的混蛋 |
[00:28] | who just want to use you and throw you away. | “使用”过你以后就抛弃你 |
[00:32] | Damn them. | 那些王八蛋! |
[00:35] | Anything else you might have overlooked– | 有没有落下什么东西? |
[00:37] | Cell phone,earrings?Any medications? | 手机? 耳环? 药品? |
[00:42] | Hang on.Nope,i’m all set. | 等等 没有 都带上了 |
[00:46] | Good,good. Okay,well,i’ll see you soon. | 很好很好 好了 我们很快就会再见了 |
[00:49] | – How soon? – Very soon. | -有多快 -非常快… |
[00:51] | – So you’ll call? – What do you think? | -那么你会给我打电话的? -你觉得呢? |
[00:53] | – I think you’ll call. – Well,there you go. | -我觉得你会打给我的 -您请便吧! |
[00:58] | – So when will you call? – Soon. | -那么你什么时候会打给我? -很快 |
[01:00] | – How soon? – We’re back on this ride,huh? | -有多快? -又开始讨论这个问题了是吧… |
[01:04] | Okay,very soon. Bye-bye now. | 好了 非常快 再见咯 |
[01:12] | – When will i learn? – soon. | -我什么时候才能吸取教训呢 -很快 |
[01:17] | Very soon. | 非常快… |
[01:19] | Don’t tell me,tell the cockeyed optimist in my pants. | 别跟我说 跟我裤裆里那个 傻乎乎的乐天派说 |
[01:23] | – So where’d you find this one? – The animal shelter. | -你在哪里碰到的这一位? -动物之家 |
[01:27] | – So,we getting a pet? – Are you crazy?We’ve already got your kid. | -我们要养只宠物吗? -你疯了吗? 我们已经有你的孩子了 |
[01:33] | Then what were you doing there? | 那么你去那里干什么? |
[01:35] | Standing within earshot of attractive women and mumbling | 去站在美女的视线内并且嘴里嘟囔着… |
[01:38] | gee,i wish i could adopt them all. | 天啊 真希望我能把它们都收养下来 |
[01:42] | It’s foolproof. | 这招简单有效 |
[01:45] | Listen,there’s something i need to talk to you about. | 听着 我有事要跟你说 |
[01:48] | You know the difference between you and me,alan? | 你知道你我有什么不同吗 艾伦? |
[01:50] | I don’t scream when i pee? | 我尿尿的时候不会喊痛? |
[01:54] | I took care of that. | 我已经治好了! |
[01:56] | No,the difference between you and me is i have vision– i see what others don’t. | 你我的差距就是 我有眼光 我能看到别人所看不到的东西 |
[02:01] | Terrific.Anyway,the thing i wanted to tell you… | 很好 不管怎样 我要跟你说的事情是… |
[02:03] | You look at an animal shelter | 你到动物之家眼里 |
[02:04] | and see homeless dogs and kitties about to be put to death. | 只有无家可归的小猫小狗马上就要被安乐死 |
[02:08] | Me– i see an ass farm. | 我 则看到一个美臀农场 |
[02:11] | Okay,i’m speechless. | 好吧…我无语了 |
[02:14] | No words necessary. Silent admiration is all i ask. | 没必要说话 我只需要你默默地景仰 |
[02:19] | So,what is it you wanted to tell me? | 那么…你要跟我说什么? |
[02:27] | The railing’s a little loose. | 我想说扶手有点松了 |
[02:40] | oh,i got to stop falling off the deck sober. | 以后可不能没喝醉 就从阳台上摔下去了… |
[02:47] | Buenos dias. | Buenos dias (西班牙语:您好! 早安!) |
[02:51] | Huevos rancheros. | Huevos rancheros (查理在胡诌) |
[02:57] | Morning.How are you feeling? | 早安 感觉如何? |
[02:59] | Like i feel eight feet onto splintered wood, wet sand and a dead crab. | 就像从2.5米的高度摔到了 插满碎木片和死螃蟹的泥地里 |
[03:04] | I can only think your highly inflated ego might have broken your fall. | 不了解你的人会认为你那 极度膨胀的自负会被摔碎了呢 |
[03:08] | So where’d you find pancho bob villa out there? | 你从哪里找来的墨西哥小子? |
[03:13] | – You know those fliers that get left in your mailbox all the time? – Yeah. | -你知道你邮箱里经常收到传单吗? -知道啊 |
[03:17] | Well,i take them and file them according to category. | 我把它们收集起来并且分了类 |
[03:22] | Take-out menus,rug sales,carpet cleaning, plumbing,tiling… | 外卖菜单 推销单 地毯清洁 管道工 瓦工… |
[03:25] | Fernando was under handyman services | Fernando是做装修零工的 |
[03:30] | You’re going to live here forever,aren’t you? | 你要永远住在这里了是不是? |
[03:33] | He’s licensed,he’s bonded,he’s punctual and he’s reasonably priced. | 他有执照 有担保 有时间观念 而且他的价格还很合理 |
[03:37] | Are you paying him? | 是你付钱吗? |
[03:39] | No,but i’m saving you 20% with this valuable coupon. | 不 不过我用这张宝贵的优惠卷 为你省了20%的钱… |
[03:43] | – Morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[03:47] | What in the heck is… Oh,yum. | 怎么回事…哦…性感! |
[03:52] | – Who is that? – He’s a handyman. | -那是谁啊? -做零工的 |
[03:56] | Ooh,nice.Can we keep him?Can we,can we? | 唔…不错…我们能留下他吗? 能吗? 能吗? |
[03:59] | – He’s just here to fix the deck. – Great. | -他来这里只是修阳台 -很好 |
[04:02] | There’s a lot of work that can be done in here,too. | 这里其实有很多其它活儿要干 |
[04:04] | Like what? | 比如呢? |
[04:05] | Well,for starters,that cabinet door’s coming off its hinges. | 首先那个橱柜门的铰链松了 |
[04:10] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[04:17] | No,it’s not. | 没有啊 |
[04:25] | Yeah,it is. | 确实坏了 |
[04:30] | He looks parched. I’ll take him some rum. | 他看起来很热 我给他带点朗姆酒去 |
[04:40] | See,my problem is,is that i’m a giver. | 瞧 我的问题是 我是个给予者 |
[04:43] | I love too much. And it’s always the wrong man. | 我太”博爱”了 而且总是爱上不该爱的人 |
[04:47] | – You have romance in your heart. – Oh,i have romance all over me. | -你心中充满浪漫 -哦 我全身都浪漫极了 |
[04:51] | I reek of it.Another mojito? | 我身上都散发出”浪漫味” 再来一杯 Mojito?(古巴鸡尾酒) |
[04:56] | Oh,no– one is my limit when i work with power tools. | 哦 不了 当我用带电的工具时 只能喝一杯 |
[04:59] | That’s smart.We wouldn’t want you to lose one of those beautiful thumbs. | 很明智 失去一只你漂亮的 大拇指可不太好啊 |
[05:04] | – Berta? – What? | -贝塔? -怎么了? |
[05:07] | – I just thought maybe it’s almost lunchtime… – Oh,yeah. | -我只是在想…也许该是吃午饭的时候了 -哦 对哦 |
[05:10] | Quesadilla,bright eyes? | 油炸玉米粉饼(墨西哥菜)怎么样 亮眼帅哥? |
[05:13] | – Thank you. – Coming up. | -谢谢你 -马上就来 |
[05:16] | Actually,i’d rather have a sandwich… | 实际上 我更想吃三明治… |
[05:17] | – I’m making quesadillas! – Quesadillas,fine. | -我要做油炸玉米粉饼! -油炸玉米粉饼 很好! |
[05:22] | So,fernando,how’s it going? | 那么…Fernando 进行得如何? |
[05:26] | Oh,sorry to tell you this, but you have a problem here. | 哦 很抱歉告诉你 不过你这里有个麻烦 |
[05:29] | Just don’t let her corner you in the laundry room and you’ll be fine. | 只要别让她把你堵到洗衣间里 你就会没事的 |
[05:33] | No,the deck. When is the last time you put sealant on it? | 不 我说阳台 你上次涂封蜡是什么时候? |
[05:37] | Well…Uh…What? | 恩…什么? |
[05:41] | Oh,ser,you cannot have wood untreated this close to the ocean. | 哦 先生 你不能让木头离 海这么近却不保养啊! |
[05:44] | The moisture,she gets in and rots it from the inside. | 潮气会渗入木头让它从里面腐烂的 |
[05:47] | Where have i heard that before? Oh right,my doctor. | 我从哪里听过同样的话…? 哦 对了 医生说的 |
[05:52] | But it wasn’t moisture,it was scotch. | 但说的不是潮气 而是苏格兰威士忌 |
[05:53] | You need to replace the entire railing, parts of the deck and the stairway to the beach. | 你需要换掉全部的扶手 部分的阳台 还有通往海滩的阶梯 |
[05:58] | Well,why can’t i just put on some of that sealant? | 为什么不能就上点封蜡呢? |
[06:02] | You could do that,but it would be, as we say order a una vaca muerta. | 你也可以那样做 但那就成了 “order a una vaca muerta” |
[06:07] | – What’s that mean? – Milking a dead cow. | -那是什么意思? -挤一头死牛的奶 |
[06:13] | Well,maybe before i commit to all this work, i should get a second opinion. | 也许在开始这个工程前 我应该听取下别人的意见 |
[06:18] | I understand.You are a smart and careful man. | 我理解 你是个聪明而谨慎的人 |
[06:26] | But i would hurry up before your deck falls off. | 但是在你的阳台垮掉之前 请抓紧时间的 |
[06:30] | Something else my doctor told me. | 又是一句我医生说过的话… |
[06:37] | Hello. | 喂? |
[06:39] | Oh,hang on,i’ll see if he’s here. | 哦 稍等 我看看他在不在 |
[06:44] | It’s chloe. | 是 Chloe |
[06:47] | I need more than that,alan. | 我需要点其它提示 艾伦 |
[06:50] | The girl you adopted at the animal shelter. | 那个你在动物之家”领养”的女孩儿 |
[06:54] | – Oh,god,she won’t leave me alone. – What do you want me to say? | -哦 上帝啊 她简直死缠烂打 -你想让我跟她说什么? |
[06:57] | – I don’t know; tell her i’m sick. – Okay. | -我不知道 说我病了 -好的 |
[07:01] | – What do you have? – What are you talking about? | -什么病? -你在说什么啊? |
[07:05] | Are you bedridden or ambulatory? | 是卧床不起的病还是能走动的病? |
[07:09] | – Bedridden. – Got it. | -卧床不起的 -好的 |
[07:13] | – Is if viral or bacterial? – What? | -是病毒引起的还是细菌引起的? -什么? |
[07:17] | If i’m going to lie convincingly,i need details. | 如果要我撒个让她相信的谎 我就需要更多细节 |
[07:20] | I don’t know– i got a bug. | 我不知道…我感冒了! |
[07:22] | Intestinal or bronchial? | 肠道的还是支气管的? |
[07:25] | – Just tell her i got the flu,all right? – Oh,good,the flu. | -就告诉她我得了流感 行不行? -哦 很好 流感 |
[07:29] | Is it coming out both ends? | 有没有上吐下泻呢? |
[07:32] | Just give me the freakin’ phone. | 把该死的电话给我! |
[07:38] | No,it’s okay,i want to talk to her. | 不 我没事的 我想和她说话 |
[07:42] | hello,chloe. | 喂 Chloe |
[07:45] | No,i’m fine.Just a little bug. | 没事 我很好 只是得了感冒 |
[07:49] | Doctor said i should be okay in a couple of weeks. | 医生说我几周内就会没事了 |
[07:52] | Me too,baby.I’ll call you.Soon. | 我也是 宝贝儿 我会给你打电话的… 很快… |
[07:59] | Very soon. | 非常快… |
[08:01] | See?Was that so hard? | 瞧吧? 有那么难吗? |
[08:04] | Well,to be fair,you had the advantage of making it a performance piece. | 公平点说 您确实很享受表演的过程… |
[08:09] | – Hey,dawgs. – Hey,jake. | -嘿 伙计们 -嘿 杰克 |
[08:11] | Alan,here,i need you to sign these papers for jake’s summer school. | 艾伦 我需要你在杰克的 暑期补习班同意书上签字 |
[08:16] | – Summer school,again? – Why not?He’s getting good at it. | -又要上暑期补习班? -为什么不上呢? 他越补越爱补了… |
[08:19] | Oh,my lord.Who is that? | 哦 天啊 那是谁? |
[08:23] | – That’s my handyman. – Really? | -我们的零杂工 -真的? |
[08:25] | I’ve been looking for a good handyman. | 我一直想找一个好的零杂工 |
[08:27] | – Well,it’s a little soon to know how good he is… – I’ll find out. | -现在说他干的好不好还有点早… -我来看他如何 |
[08:32] | I’m starting to see a trend here. | 我开始发现一个共同的趋势了… |
[08:44] | That boney bitch! | 那个瘦骨嶙峋的婊子! |
[08:52] | Yep,definitely a trend. | 没错 确实是个趋势 |
[08:59] | Summer school three years in a row. | 连续三年上暑期补习班 |
[09:02] | They might as well just make you the janitor. | 他们干脆让你当看门人算了 |
[09:07] | Yeah,well,school sucks. | 学校最烦人了 |
[09:09] | That’s because you go year-round. | 那是因为你每年都休不了假! |
[09:12] | Imagine if you had a couple months off in the summer. | 想象一下如果你在夏天能有几个月休假 |
[09:16] | If i were you,i’d start teaching him how to throw sawdust on vomit. | 如果我是你 就开始教他 如何在酒醉后的呕吐物上撒锯屑 |
[09:21] | I can do that. | 我会撒 |
[09:23] | Why don’t you just go start your homework? | 不如你现在就去做功课吧 |
[09:25] | What’s the point? I’m already going to summer school. | 有这个必要吗? 我已经要上暑期补习班了 |
[09:28] | Jake… | 杰克… |
[09:29] | And if i flunk there,what can they do? Send me to regular school? | 而且如果我补习班也挂掉 他们能怎样? 让我不上补习班了? |
[09:32] | Go. | 快去! |
[09:35] | Actually,that sawdust job may be a pipe dream. | 实际上 撒锯屑的那个工作 对他来说都有可能是白日做梦 |
[09:41] | Is the big one gone? | 大个儿的那个走了? |
[09:44] | Yeah,she went to get something waxed. | 是啊 她去给什么部位除毛了 |
[09:48] | We were scared to ask what. | 我们都不敢问是哪里 |
[09:51] | I just wanted to tell you i was able to save you some money on the redwood. | 我只是想告诉你 我能给你在红木上省些钱 |
[09:54] | Oh,that’s terrific.How? | 哦 那太好了 如何省呢? |
[09:55] | My cousin– he works at a lumberyard and… | 我表弟 他在一个木场工作… |
[10:00] | That’s all you need to know. | 你就需要知道这些 |
[10:02] | – Well,thanks. – No problem.I’ll get back to work. | -谢谢 -没事 我回去工作了 |
[10:06] | – I like this guy. – Of course you do. | -我喜欢这家伙 -你当然喜欢 |
[10:09] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这话什么意思? |
[10:10] | Charlie,he’s a younger version of you. | 查理 他是年轻版的你 |
[10:14] | Oh yeah,that must be it. | 哦 对了 肯定是这个原因 |
[10:16] | i’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[10:18] | There you go.He could be a doorman. | 有出路了 他可以去当个看门人 |
[10:21] | – Charlie,i really don’t appreciate… – I’m not saying right away. | -查理 我不希望你… -我不是说他要一下子就成为看门人 |
[10:24] | He could work his way up from doorstop. | 他可以从拉门人的工作开始慢慢干起 |
[10:27] | – Uncle charlie,it’s chloe. – Aw,geez,did you let her in? | -查理伯伯 是Chloe -哦 老天 你让她进来了吗? |
[10:31] | No,she’s on the front porch. I told her i’d see if you were home. | 没有 她在前庭呢 我告诉她要看看你在不在 |
[10:33] | Attaboy.See? He’ll make doorman in no time. | 好小子 看吧 他很快就能当个好看门人了 |
[10:38] | – She brought soup. – Why would she bring soup? | -她带了汤 -她带汤干什么? |
[10:41] | You told her you had a bug. So she assumed it was bronchial. | 你告诉她你得了感冒 所以她认为是支气管的 |
[10:45] | If you’d been more specific,like i suggested, | 如果你说得详细点如我所建议的 |
[10:47] | you could have precluded this. | 支气管的可能也许就被排除了 |
[10:50] | Nobody just drops by when they think you have diarrhea. | 没人会在你拉肚子的时候拜访的 (指前面艾伦提到的肠胃感冒) |
[10:56] | And i bet they don’t bring soup either. | 我猜他们更不会带汤来了 |
[10:59] | All right,all right,i’m gonna sneak out the back door. | 好了好了 我从后门溜出去 |
[11:02] | Just tell her i had a doctor’s appointment. | 告诉她我约了医生 |
[11:05] | Gp or specialist? | 普通内科医生还是专科医生? |
[11:08] | Alan,i swear to god,i will rip off your head and use your neck as a bedpan. | 艾伦向上帝发誓 我会把你的头拧下来 用你的脖子当便桶 |
[11:13] | Charlie,you cannot keep lying to this girl forever. | 查理 你不能永远骗这个女孩 |
[11:15] | Oh,i think i can. | 哦 我想我能的 |
[11:18] | Just go out there and tell her you’re not interested in a relationship and be done with it. | 就出去告诉他你不想发展什么感情 不就了结了 |
[11:23] | Yeah…I guess you’re right. | 是啊…我猜你是对的 |
[11:26] | I say we eat the soup before you tell her. | 我觉得还是先喝汤然后再告诉她吧 |
[11:32] | Smelled like minestrone. | 闻起来像是蔬菜通心粉汤 |
[11:35] | Listen,chloe,we need to talk… | 听着 Chloe 我们需要谈谈… |
[11:39] | Chloe? Chloe? | |
[11:47] | – Looks like your problem’s solved. – Are you crazy? | -看来你的问题解决了 -你疯了吗? |
[11:50] | That rat bastard is stealing my girlfriend. | 那个混蛋偷走了我的女朋友 |
[11:54] | Forget the girl,he’s stealing our soup! | 别管那个女孩了 他在偷我们的汤! |
[12:04] | Hey,baby,thanks so much for coming to see me. | 嘿 宝贝儿 多谢你过来看我 |
[12:06] | Yeah,well,that’s what friends are for. | 朋友不就是这样的吗? |
[12:11] | So,um,charlie,did you know that fernando | 那么…查理 你知不知道Fernando |
[12:14] | volunteers to build homeless shelters in his spare time? | 自愿用空闲时间修建一个赈济所? |
[12:16] | No,i didn’t.Did you know his cousin steals wood? | 不 我不知道 你知不知道他的表弟偷木材? |
[12:22] | Really?That is fascinating. | 真的? 太让人着迷了 |
[12:25] | Why don’t you come on inside,so we can visit. | 不如你进来吧 我们好谈话 |
[12:28] | I’ll see you later,fernando. | 一会儿见 Fernando |
[12:31] | Well,thank you for your thoughtful soup. | 谢谢你的汤 |
[12:32] | It nourishes my body as your beauty nourishes my soul. | 它滋润了我的身体 正如你的美丽滋润了我的灵魂 |
[12:40] | Find something to saw. | 找点什么锯一锯吧你 |
[12:43] | – So,chloe,what’s new? – Huh?Oh,nothing. | -那么…Chloe 最近可好? -恩? 哦 还行 |
[12:48] | – What is he,like,colombian? – I don’t know. | -他哪里人? 哥伦比亚吗? -我不知道 |
[12:52] | But i gotta tell you, i do feel much better seeing you. | 但是我要告诉你 看到了你我感觉好多了 |
[12:56] | God,it’s like his eyes are looking inside your soul. | 上帝啊 他的眼睛好像看穿了我的灵魂 |
[13:01] | Yeah,kinda creepy. | 是啊 让人不舒服 |
[13:04] | The way he speaks,it’s so romantic. | 他讲话的语调…太浪漫了 |
[13:09] | Hey,i almost forgot. | 嘿 我差点忘了 |
[13:12] | – I wrote you a song. – Really? | -我给你写了首歌 -真的? |
[13:14] | Well,chloe,you’ve been on my mind a lot, and i wanted to find a way to express my feelings. | Chloe 我最近一直想着你 我想找到能表达自己感觉的方式 |
[13:19] | What’s it called? | 歌名是什么? |
[13:22] | chloe’s song. | Chloe之歌 |
[13:26] | I haven’t put any words to it yet, but it goes something like this. | 还没填词呢 不过曲调是这样的 |
[14:04] | You should use those words. | 你就该这么填词! |
[14:16] | Thanks again for stopping by. | 再次谢谢你过来看我 |
[14:17] | – Yeah,i’m glad you’re feeling better. – So when am i gonna see you again? | -是啊 我很高兴你感觉好多了 -那什么时候能再见到你呢? |
[14:21] | – Soon. – How soon? | -很快的 -有多快? |
[14:23] | I’ll call you. Bye,fernando. | 我会打电话给你的 再见 Fernando |
[14:26] | – Hasta luego,serita. – oh,god… | -Hasta luego,serita(别了 美丽的小姐!) -哦 上帝啊!… |
[14:33] | Call me. | 打电话给我哦 |
[14:37] | You have a beautiful lady,ser harper. | 你有位美丽的女朋友 查理先生 |
[14:41] | – Thank you. – She must make you feel… | -谢谢 -她一定让你觉得… |
[14:44] | How do you say…Young again? | 该怎么说呢…又年轻起来了 |
[14:53] | Yeah.That’s what i’m feeling. | 是啊 那就是我的感觉! |
[14:58] | Hey,listen,charlie,i was thinking– after fernando’s done with the deck | 嘿 听着 查理 我在想 Fernando把阳台搞定以后 |
[15:02] | he could patch that hole in the roof where the squirrels get in. | 我想让他把屋顶上的那个洞 补上 松鼠经常从那里爬进来 |
[15:04] | – I don’t think so. – Why not? | -我看不行 -为什么? |
[15:07] | I like squirrels. | 我喜欢松鼠 |
[15:10] | Hey,me too. | 嘿 我也是 |
[15:13] | But they get into the crawl space, where they breed and die. | 但是它们会钻进缝隙里去 繁殖然后就死在那里 |
[15:16] | That’s what i like about ’em,alan. | 就是因为这点我才喜欢它们 艾伦! |
[15:21] | I like their little hands. | 我喜欢他们的小手 |
[15:23] | – Come on,charlie,all fernando would have to do- – forget fernando. | -拜托 查理 Fernando只需要… -忘了 Fernando 吧! |
[15:27] | I’m having second thoughts about him even finishing the deck. | 我甚至都怀疑是不是该让他休阳台了 |
[15:30] | – What,you want to fire him? – I don’t want to… | -什么? 你想解雇他? -我也不想的… |
[15:34] | I just don’t think his work is very professional. | 我只是觉得他的活儿干得不专业 |
[15:36] | I mean,he’s wasting a lot of wood. | 我是说 他浪费了很多木料 |
[15:38] | And you know,wood doesn’t just grow on tree… He’s gotta go. | 而且你知道 木头长在树上可不是… 他必须走! |
[15:42] | Charlie,you’re not fooling anybody. You’re jealous. | 查理 你骗不了我们 你是嫉妒他! |
[15:45] | Jealous? | 嫉妒? |
[15:46] | You know what’s cooler than squirrels? Anteaters.They’re just crazy-lookin’. | 你知道比松鼠更酷的是什么吗? 食蚁兽 样子简直怪到家了 |
[15:53] | I’m not jealous. | 我才没有嫉妒! |
[15:54] | And their name tells you what to feed ’em. | 而且他们的名字就 告诉了你喂他们什么 |
[15:59] | Why would you say i’m jealous? | 你凭什么说我嫉妒? |
[16:01] | I’m an omnivore. That means i eat anything. | 我不偏食 我是说我什么都吃… |
[16:03] | Yeah,we’ve noticed. Now shut up. | 是啊 我们注意到了 闭嘴! |
[16:06] | I’m not jealous. | 我才没有嫉妒! |
[16:08] | Charlie,you want to fire this guy just because he’s younger and better-looking than you. | 查理 你想要解雇他仅仅因为 他比你年轻而且帅气! |
[16:11] | And he can sing. | 而且唱歌很好听 |
[16:13] | This has nothing to do with that. And i can sing too. | 跟那些没关系! 我也能唱歌! |
[16:16] | Yeah,but you stink. | 是啊 不过你唱得超差 |
[16:21] | Hey,i’m done for the day. I’ll see you in the morning? | 嘿 今天的活儿干完了 明天早上见 |
[16:23] | Hold on,fernando. I want to talk to you. | 等等 Fernando 我想跟你谈谈 |
[16:26] | Yes? | 什么事? |
[16:29] | – Never mind.Good night. – Is there a problem? | -算了 晚安 -有什么问题吗? |
[16:33] | Because i want everything to be perfect for you. | 我希望一切都能让你感到完美 |
[16:36] | You’re a good man and i respect you. | 你是个好人而我尊重你 |
[16:38] | You remind me of my sainted father. | 你让我想起了我善良的父亲 |
[16:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:44] | He was wise and strong until syphilis made him crazy. | 他智慧又强壮 知道梅毒让他疯了 |
[16:50] | Again,thanks.Good night. | 再次感谢 晚安 |
[16:54] | Buenas noches. | Buenas noches(晚安) |
[16:59] | I thought you were gonna get rid of him. Or did you go crazy there for a second? | 我以为你要解雇他呢 还是你刚才失智了一小会? |
[17:05] | I don’t know,i just… I just couldn’t. | 我不知道 我只是…我就是做不到 |
[17:08] | Yeah,i think it’s his eyes. | 是啊 我想是因为他的眼睛 |
[17:10] | It’s like they’re looking right into my soul. | 就像他们看穿了你的灵魂一样 |
[17:12] | That’s what mom said. | 妈妈也这么说 |
[17:15] | Women used to say that about my eyes. | 女人们曾经说我的眼睛是这样 |
[17:18] | Really?’Cause now they’re kind of milky and bloodshot. | 真的 现在有些浑浊而且充血 |
[17:24] | Actually,the one on the right is starting to look a little lazy. | 实际上右边那只看起来有点懒散了 |
[17:28] | You know,you’re right. | 知道吗? 你说得对 |
[17:30] | Okay,okay,that’s enough. | 好了好了 够了! |
[17:32] | Come on,charlie,you can’t expect to compete with a guy half your age. | 拜托 查理 你不能指望自己 和一个是你一半岁数的小伙子竞争啊 |
[17:36] | I am not competing. | 我才没有和他竞争 |
[17:37] | Well,you shouldn’t,because it’s perfectly natural. | 你也不该去竞争 因为这是很正常的 |
[17:39] | Each generation passes the torch on to the next. | 每一代人都把火炬传给下一代 |
[17:43] | The child becomes the hunter,the hunter becomes the revered elder. | 孩子成长为猎人 而猎人成为受人尊敬的老人 |
[17:47] | When you’re too old to chase the buffalo, | 当你老得追不动野牛了 |
[17:49] | it’s time to stay back with the old women and make necklaces. | 你就应该呆在家里 与老女人一起做项链 |
[17:55] | Necklaces? | 项链? |
[17:57] | Or weave blankets,tend the fire, teach the kids to whittle… | 或者织毯子 照顾火种 教孩子们如何切肉… |
[18:03] | Buffaloes are cool,too. They’re like bad-ass cows. | 野牛也很酷 它们就像脾气很坏的奶牛 |
[18:17] | – Charlie… – Yeah,hi. | -查理… -嗨 |
[18:21] | I was just in the neighborhood, and i thought i’d drop off your soup thermos. | 我在附近 正好把盛汤的水瓶还给你 |
[18:25] | Thanks.What did you do to yourself? | 谢谢 你对自己都做了什么啊? |
[18:29] | Me?Nothing,nothing. | 我? 没什么 没什么 |
[18:30] | I was just doing a little work outdoors, got some sun. | 我只是做了点户外工作 晒了些太阳 |
[18:35] | What’s up with your teeth? | 你的牙怎么了? |
[18:37] | Oh,i just brushed ’em real good. | 我只是刷得特别干净而已 |
[18:41] | – So,can i come in? – Oh,gee,charlie,i really… | -那么 我能进来吗? -哦 查理 我真… |
[18:46] | Wish you would’ve called. | 真希望你先打个电话来… |
[18:49] | Ser harper… | 哈珀先生… |
[18:55] | I was,how do you say… | 我在…怎么说呢… |
[18:57] | About to sleep with my girlfriend? | 正要和我的女朋友上床? |
[18:59] | Okay,about to. | 没错 是”正要” |
[19:05] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[19:07] | I would understand if you fired me. | 如果你要解雇我 我能理解 |
[19:14] | Hey,it’s no big deal,pal. | 嘿 没什么 伙计 |
[19:17] | This is the natural course of events. | 这是自然规律嘛 |
[19:19] | You’re the next generation young, vibrant,good-looking, | 你是下一代 年轻 活力 帅气 |
[19:23] | you can buy chloe expensive jewelry… | 你能给Chloe买昂贵的珠宝… |
[19:25] | I cannot buy her expensive jewelry. | 我不能给她买买昂贵的珠宝… |
[19:27] | Oh,right,that’s me. | 哦 对了 那是我 |
[19:30] | What do you say,chloe– want to go shopping? | Chloe 你意下如何? 去购物吗? |
[19:33] | I’ll go get my purse. | 我去拿包 |
[19:38] | And yeah,you’re fired. | 而且…没错 你被解雇了 |
[19:49] | Charlie,when are you coming back to bed? | 查理 你什么时候回床上来? |
[19:52] | – Soon. – How soon? | -很快 -多快? |
[19:55] | I’ll be right up,baby. | 我马上来 宝贝儿 |
[20:02] | Okay…Let me see if i got this right. | 好了…我来总结一下 |
[20:05] | You bought diamonds for the girl you were trying to get rid of | 你给本来想要甩掉的妞儿买了钻石 |
[20:08] | in order to win her from the handyman you fired. | 是为了将她从一个你 解雇掉的零杂工手里赢回来? |
[20:11] | I’m sensing some judgement here. | 我感觉到你想批评我 |
[20:15] | You’re very astute. | 你还挺机敏的嘛 |
[20:18] | Okay,first of all,i got fernando another job. | 好吧 首先 我为Fernando找了另一份工作 |
[20:21] | But the most important thing to remember is,i won. | 但是要记住的最重要的事情是… 我赢了! |
[20:27] | You’re a lecherous old guy who bought a young woman’s | 你是个好色的老头子 靠年轻女性 |
[20:29] | affection with shiny baubles. | 对于闪亮物件的喜好收买了他们! |
[20:31] | True.But i won. | 没错 但是我赢了! |
[20:40] | Are you sure we cannot open up a window? | 你确定不能把窗户打开吗? |
[20:43] | No,i like it hot. | 不 我喜欢热一点 |
[20:51] | Okay,well,time for the victor to reap the spoils. | 好了 是胜利者享用战利品的时候了 |
[20:55] | Oh,charlie,aren’t you ashamed? | 哦 查理 你难道不脸红吗? |
[20:57] | Alan,you know the difference between you and me? | 艾伦 你知道我们两个有什么不同吗? |
[21:14] | Yeah, I wouldn’t fire the handy man before he finishes it. | 我知道 不同之处就是我不会在 阳台完工前就解雇零杂工! |
[21:19] | Hey, I can see your teeth from up here. | 嘿 从这里都能看到你的牙! |