时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | no.I think your retainer is sexy. | 不 我觉得你的牙齿矫正器很性感 |
[00:05] | I do. | 真的 |
[00:06] | You just gotta remember to clean it after lunch. | 就是吃完饭记得刷牙就行了 |
[00:09] | Hey, jake, how about you and me going out…? | 嗨 杰克 你跟我去… |
[00:11] | Okay, now I have a question for you. | 那我现在问你个问题 |
[00:13] | If I needed a lung, and your dad needed a lung, | 如果我需要一个肺 你爸爸需要一个肺 |
[00:16] | who would you give your lung to? | 你愿意把你的肺给谁? |
[00:19] | Well, now, see, I wouldn’t have to think about it. | 哦 你看 我就不会考虑 |
[00:22] | Jake, I’m talking to… | 杰克 我是说… |
[00:23] | don’t give me the hand. | 别跟我摆手 |
[00:25] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[00:26] | I’m talking to a girl. | 我跟一个女孩说话呢 |
[00:29] | Sorry.Oh, no.That was nobody. | 对不起 哦 不是 不是什么人 |
[00:33] | Th’sat it.Time to get a new kid. | 没错 该去弄个新孩子了 |
[00:37] | Hey, alan, you want to catch a movie tonight? | 嗨 艾伦 今天晚上想看电影吗? |
[00:38] | Can’T.I am taking a lady friend to | 不行 我要带一位女性朋友去 |
[00:40] | the hollywood bowl for a romantic evening | 好莱坞碗(露天剧场)度过浪漫一夜 |
[00:42] | under the stars with michael bubl and three runners-up from american idol. | 在星光下 还有Michael Bubl 和美国偶像的三个亚军 |
[00:49] | What’s in the bag?A noose? | 包里是什么? 一个圈套? |
[00:52] | No.It’s a picnic basket. | 不是 是野餐篮 |
[00:54] | Fried chicken, bottle of merlot, | 炸鸡 一瓶Merlot(葡萄酒) |
[00:56] | and my autograph hound | 还有我的明星签名本 |
[00:57] | in case I get lucky. | 如果我今天够幸运 |
[00:59] | Why don’t you take jake to the movies? | 你怎么不带杰克去看电影? |
[01:01] | No.I don’t like him anymore. | 不 我再也不喜欢他了 |
[01:04] | Okay, then why don’t you take one of your many… | 那好 你怎么不带你的那些… |
[01:07] | oh, let’s call them “girlfriends. | 哦 就算做是 女朋友 中的一个 |
[01:10] | ” Yeah, I could, but after the movie, I got to bring ’em back here, | 是的 可以 但是看完电影之后 我得把她们带回来 |
[01:13] | and after I get ’em back here, I got to get ’em upstairs. | 我把她们带回来之后 我得把她们弄上楼去 |
[01:16] | Then, after I get ’em upstairs, I got to get ’em to go home. | 然后 我把她们弄上楼去之后 我还得让她们回家 |
[01:20] | It just doesn’t seem worth the effort anymore. | 就是再也不觉得这样值得了 |
[01:23] | You know, it’s possible you might enjoy your dates more | 你知道吗 你可能会觉得约会更有趣 |
[01:25] | if you went out with women who were capable of using their head for something other | 如果你约会那些更会使用她们的脑袋的女人 |
[01:28] | than a place to rest their ankles. | 而不只把脑袋当作放脚踝的地方 |
[01:36] | What are you saying? | 你什么意思? |
[01:39] | Too subtle? | 太尖锐了? |
[01:41] | I’m saying you might have a better time | 我是说 你可能会感觉更好 |
[01:43] | if you were seeing someone who had a fully-formed personality, | 如果你约会的人能有更完善的个性 |
[01:46] | or was even remotely age appropriate. | 或者 年纪相当 |
[01:49] | Define “age appropriate.” | 定义 年纪相当 |
[01:52] | Are you out of your mind?! | 你疯了吧?! |
[01:54] | Come on, charlie. | 没事儿的 查理 |
[01:55] | The woman I’m seeing now is 39, and we have a wonderful time together, | 我目前约会的女人39岁 我们在一起很开心 |
[01:58] | because we have so much in common. | 因为我们有许多共同点 |
[02:00] | We can talk, we can share, we can laugh. | 我们可以聊天 分享 欢笑 |
[02:02] | Talking, sharing and laughing is fine, but what about her ears? | 聊天 分享 和 欢笑都没问题 耳朵怎么办? |
[02:08] | What about ’em? | 有它们什么事儿? |
[02:09] | Ears never stop growing, alan. | 耳朵会不停生长 艾伦 |
[02:11] | And I like a nice, taut lobe. | 但我喜欢漂亮 紧实的耳垂 |
[02:15] | This conversation is over. | 这次谈话结束了 |
[02:18] | I will see you later. | 回头见 |
[02:19] | Why do you think old ladies wear big earrings? | 你觉得老太太们为什么带大耳环? |
[02:23] | To make their ears look smaller! | 是为了让她们的耳朵看起来小点儿! |
[02:27] | Like I’m the only one who’s noticed. | 好像只有我一个人注意到了 |
[02:32] | I’d like to make a toast to my wife. | 我想向我夫人致祝酒辞 |
[02:34] | Darling, you’ve given me the happiest 20 years of my life. | 亲爱的 你给了我生命中最快乐的20年 |
[02:38] | Why?Was she in a coma? | 为什么? 她昏迷了吗? |
[02:41] | I can’t imagine living without you. | 我不能想象没有你的生活 |
[02:43] | You complete me. | 你让我完整 |
[02:46] | I bet she’s got a set of ears on her. | 我打赌 她肯定有一对耳朵 |
[02:49] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 没错 |
[02:52] | You could swat flies with those things. | 你都能拿这对东西打苍蝇了 |
[03:11] | Hey, pal. | 嗨 哥们儿 |
[03:13] | It’s just you and me tonight, huh? | 今晚只有你我 哈? |
[03:17] | yeah, I know how you feel. | 嗯 我了解你的感受 |
[03:19] | There’s a lot of fish in the sea, | 海里有好多鱼 |
[03:21] | but after you catch ’em and eat ’em, then what? | 但是你把它们都抓住吃了之后 又能怎样? |
[03:26] | damn straight. | 说得没错 |
[03:27] | It’s not worth the hassle. | 这不值得小题大做 |
[03:30] | Oh, my mistake.Didn’t know you had a date. | 哦 我错了 不知道你有约会 |
[03:36] | Hey, if you two don’t have any other plans, | 嗨 如果你们俩没有其它的计划 |
[03:38] | why don’t you fly over to the hollywood bowl and take a crap on my brother? | 你们怎么不飞到好莱坞碗那里 在我哥哥那儿拉泡屎? |
[03:49] | really?I dreamt about you too. | 真的? 我也梦到你了 |
[03:51] | What was your dream? | 你梦见什么了? |
[03:53] | We were on a train in a tunnel? | 我们在一列过隧道的火车上? |
[03:57] | Sounds kind of boring. | 听起来很无聊 |
[04:00] | It means what?! | 什么意思?! |
[04:03] | Oh, hey.You’re up early. | 哦 嗨 你起的挺早的 |
[04:06] | No way. | 不可能 |
[04:08] | I am not just getting home. | 我不是刚回来 |
[04:10] | I couldn’t sleep, so I went for a walk. | 我睡不着 所以出去走了走 |
[04:12] | Dad, a little privacy, please? | 爸爸 给点儿隐私 好不? |
[04:15] | Okay.I just didn’t want you to get the wrong idea. | 好吧 我只是不想让你有别的想法 |
[04:18] | I’m confused. | 我迷糊了 |
[04:20] | If I’m in the train, how can i be the train? | 如果我在火车里 我怎么能就是火车呢? |
[04:28] | At least he’s not the tunnel. | 至少他不是那条隧道 |
[04:33] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[04:35] | I’m just getting in. | 我刚回来 |
[04:39] | Yeah.I can see that. | 嗯 我能看出来 |
[04:40] | Didn’t get much sleep last night. | 昨天晚上没怎么睡 |
[04:45] | And yet I feel totally rested. | 而我却完全休息好了 |
[04:48] | Good for you. | 真不错 |
[04:50] | I mean, rested but… | 我是说 休息了 但是… |
[04:52] | spent. | 也消耗了 |
[04:55] | Gotcha. | 明白了 |
[04:56] | Well, not so much spent as happily depleted. | 但 没有欢乐消耗的那么多 |
[05:02] | Joyously bereft of… | 快乐的失去了… |
[05:03] | I get it!You got laid. | 明白了! 你嘿休了 |
[05:06] | And…. | 还有…. |
[05:08] | michael bubl’s autograph. | Michael Bubl的签名 |
[05:15] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[05:17] | So… | 那么… |
[05:19] | how was your evening? | 你昨晚如何? |
[05:31] | oh!You know, I talked to donna about you. | 哦 你知道吗 我昨晚和唐娜谈到你 |
[05:34] | Donna? | 唐娜? |
[05:35] | The woman I was with last night. | 昨晚和我出去的女的 |
[05:36] | Oh, yeah.You talk, you share, you laugh.Kiss my ass. | 哦 没错 你们聊天 分享 欢笑 真无聊 |
[05:42] | Anyway, it turns out she has a friend who’s newly single, and I suggested… | 不管怎样 她有个朋友刚刚单身 然后我建议… |
[05:46] | a blind date? | 相亲? |
[05:48] | Forget it.Charlie harper does not go on blind dates. | 算了吧 查理 哈珀不相亲 |
[05:51] | -He doesn’t? -No, he doesn’T. | -他不去? -不 他不去 |
[05:54] | Huh. | 哈 |
[05:57] | Can’t we ask him? | 我们能问问他吗? |
[06:01] | Don’t bother.I know what he’ll say. | 不必了 我知道他会说什么 |
[06:04] | Okay, but does he have to say it in the third person? | 好吧 但是他一定要用第三人称说吗? |
[06:08] | Look, I don’t need anybody to get me dates. | 我不需要别人给我安排约会 |
[06:10] | I can get my own dates. | 我自己能找到约会 |
[06:11] | Yes, but you were complaining that the women you go out with don’t fulfill you. | 没错 但是在抱怨说 跟你出去的女人不能满足你 |
[06:15] | Donna’s friend is beautiful, she’s accomplished, she’s smart. | 唐娜的朋友很漂亮 有成就 很聪明 |
[06:18] | How old is she? | 她多大? |
[06:19] | I think around 40. | 我觉得大概40左右 |
[06:21] | Hello. | 嗨 |
[06:22] | Flippity-flappity-flappity! | 扑啦 扑啦 扑啦! |
[06:27] | Still with the ears. | 还在跟耳朵较劲 |
[06:29] | It’s not just ears. | 不只是耳朵 |
[06:31] | Women that age have a lot of baggage. | 那个年龄的女人行李太多 |
[06:33] | Right.And you’ve just got a carry-on. | 没错 你只有一件随身行李 |
[06:41] | Think about this. | 好好想想 |
[06:43] | What if I meet this woman? | 如果我见了这个女的? |
[06:44] | I like her, she likes me, we get married and settle down? | 我喜欢她 她喜欢我 我们结婚 安顿下来 |
[06:47] | We’re both 40 now. | 我们俩现在都40 |
[06:49] | In 20 years, I’m gonna be 60. | 20年后 我就快60了 |
[06:51] | And do you know how old she’s gonna be? | 你知道她到时候多大吗? |
[06:55] | 60? 60? | |
[06:57] | I rest my case. | 我陈述完了 |
[07:05] | that was nice, huh? | 不错 哈? |
[07:06] | I guess. | 我觉得是 |
[07:09] | My ear’s still a little soggy. | 我耳朵还是有点儿湿 |
[07:12] | It’s okay. | 对不起 |
[07:14] | So, “deedee. | 那么 Deedee |
[07:17] | ” Is that short for anything? | 是什么的简称吗? |
[07:18] | Like what? | 比如? |
[07:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:21] | Dee…dum diddy dum diddy doo? | 滴滴当滴滴当滴滴嘟? |
[07:24] | No.It’s just a nickname. | 不是 只是个昵称 |
[07:28] | Well, what’s your real name? | 哦 那你的真名是什么? |
[07:29] | Sissy Sissy. | |
[07:32] | Sissy, huh? | Sissy 哈? |
[07:33] | I guess that means you throw a ball like a girl. | 我猜 意思是说 你投球的时候像个女孩儿 |
[07:36] | I am a girl. | 我就是个女孩儿 |
[07:40] | Right. | 没错 |
[07:42] | Is charlie short for anything? | 查理是什么的简称吗? |
[07:45] | Charles Charles. | |
[07:48] | That’s not really shorter, is it? | 那也没简多少 不是吗? |
[07:53] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[07:56] | Why?Did you fart? | 怎么了? 你放屁了吗? |
[08:04] | No.You hang up first. | 不 你先挂 |
[08:06] | Okay, on three. | 好吧 数三声 |
[08:07] | 1 2 3 One, two, three. | |
[08:10] | You didn’t hang up, did you? | 你还没挂吧? |
[08:12] | Me neither. | 我也没挂 |
[08:18] | Okay, set it up. | 好吧 约时间 |
[08:21] | What? | 什么? |
[08:23] | The blind date with the old chick.I’m in. | 和老女人相亲 算我一个 |
[08:29] | What? | 什么? |
[08:34] | alan, let’s go! | 艾伦 走吧! |
[08:36] | Relax.We’ve got plenty of time. | 别紧张 有的是时间 |
[08:39] | I just don’t want to be late. | 我不想迟到 |
[08:41] | I can’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[08:42] | You’re nervous about a date. | 你竟然为一次约会而紧张 |
[08:44] | Of course I’m nervous. | 当然紧张 |
[08:46] | What am I going to talk to her about? | 我该和她说什么? |
[08:47] | I haven’t gone out with a 40-year-old woman since high school. | 我打高中起就不曾约过40岁女人了 |
[08:54] | Well, charlie, that’s the great thing about seeing someone your own age. | 查理 和同龄人约会就妙在这里 |
[08:57] | There’s always something to talk about, | 总有说不完的话题 |
[08:59] | because what you’ve been through, she’s been through. | 因为大家都有相同的经历 |
[09:02] | Oh, I hardly think so. | 我一点都不觉得 |
[09:05] | All right.Point taken. | 好吧 怎说怎好 |
[09:06] | But she’s a fascinating woman. | 但她是个了不起的女人 |
[09:07] | She’s a municipal court judge. | 她是市法院法官 |
[09:09] | She teaches law at ucla. | 她在洛杉矶加利福尼亚大学教法律 |
[09:11] | Aw, man, you didn’t tell me that! | 老兄 你没跟我提过! |
[09:13] | Does that make a difference? | 会有不同吗? |
[09:14] | It makes a big difference. | 大为不同! |
[09:15] | The smarter the girl, the harder it is to blow smoke up her ass. | 越聪明的女人越难骗上床 |
[09:25] | You know, I’m already regretting this. | 知道吗 我已经开始后悔了 |
[09:27] | And for good reason. | 没错 |
[09:28] | Let’s just call it off. | 把她推掉吧 |
[09:29] | No, no, no.It’s too late for that. | 不 不 不 太迟了 |
[09:31] | Just relax and…I don’t know… | 只管放轻松… |
[09:33] | be yourself. | 做自己 |
[09:35] | And, by “yourself,” I mean someone else entirely. | “自己”我完全是指另一个人 |
[09:38] | Anything else? | 还有补充吗? |
[09:39] | Well, as long we’ve opened this particular can of worms, | 既然话说到这里 |
[09:42] | you might want to rethink the bowling shirt. | 我想你该重新考虑下 你这件保龄球服 |
[09:47] | Why? | 为什么? |
[09:48] | Well, as I said, she’s a judge and a law professor, | 我说了 她是法官兼法学教授 |
[09:50] | and let’s let’s be honest, you don’t bowl. | 咱们面对现实吧 你根本不打保龄球 |
[09:55] | All right.I’ll go change. | 好吧 我去换 |
[09:57] | -And, charlie? -Yeah? | -还有 查理? -怎么? |
[09:58] | While you’re at it, why don’t we go for the big boy pants? | 换的时候 不妨考虑把这大裤衩也免了? |
[10:04] | Fine. | 行了 |
[10:10] | oh.There they are. | 她们来了 |
[10:11] | Hang on, hang on, hang on. | 等等 等等 等等 |
[10:13] | Which one’s mine? | 哪个是我的? |
[10:15] | The…the one on the right. | 右…右边那个 |
[10:17] | She’s 40? | 她40岁了? |
[10:19] | She has the ears of a 20-year-old. | 她有着一对20岁的耳朵 |
[10:24] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[10:26] | You think she had ’em done? | 你觉得她有把耳朵做过吗? |
[10:30] | Sorry we’re la. | 抱歉我们迟到了 |
[10:31] | Te charlie couldn’t decide what to wear. | 查理拿不定该穿什么 |
[10:33] | I think he looks very nice. | 我觉得他穿得挺好的 |
[10:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:36] | Charlie, this is donna. | 查理 这是唐娜 |
[10:37] | -Hi.How are you? -Hi.And this is my friend, linda. | -嗨 你好吗? -嗨 这是我朋友琳达 |
[10:40] | -Nice to meet you. -Nice to meet you, too. | -幸会 -幸会 |
[10:42] | I’ve heard a lot about you. | 久仰大名 |
[10:44] | And I’ve heard a lot about you, too. | 彼此彼此 |
[10:46] | And I gotta say, I am pleasantly surprised. | 我不得不承认 你让我大吃一惊 |
[10:50] | Really?How so? | 真的? 怎么说? |
[10:52] | Well, alan tells me you’re a judge and a professor. | 艾伦告诉我你是法官兼教授 |
[10:56] | And, quite frankly, I wasn’t expecting someone so, uh… | 坦白说 我没想到会是如此… |
[11:01] | so…what, charlie? | 说下去 查理 |
[11:05] | yummy. | 好吃 |
[11:14] | That was wrong, wasn’t it? | 说错话了 是不是? |
[11:18] | Yes, that was wrong. | 是啊 说错话了 |
[11:20] | What I… | 我的… |
[11:22] | what I meant was, I was expecting you to be… | 我的意思是我原以为你会是… |
[11:24] | more, you know, dry. | 更…就是…干 |
[11:28] | But you’re not.You’re actually kind of… | 但你不是 你看上去更… |
[11:31] | moist. | 湿 |
[11:37] | Oh, good lord. | 上帝发发慈悲吧 |
[11:41] | You know what?You know what? | 你知道吗 你知道吗 |
[11:42] | I-I think I’d like to start over. | 我看我还是重新开始好了 |
[11:44] | Hi.I’m charlie. | 你好 我是查理 |
[11:47] | linda. | 琳达 |
[11:47] | Hi, linda. | 嗨 琳达 |
[11:49] | I got to tell you, I have never met a judge before. | 我要告诉你 我从来没见过法官… |
[11:52] | You know, voluntarily. | 自主地去见(曾被抓去见过) |
[12:03] | better? | 有进步? |
[12:04] | Anything’s better than “moist. | 能有什么会比”湿”更糟? |
[12:11] | so, how do you and donna know each other? | 你和唐娜是怎么认识的? |
[12:13] | Oh, well, we met in the church choir, | 我们在教堂唱诗班认识 |
[12:15] | then we found out our kids were in the same preschool. | 后来发现我们的孩子 在同一个学前班 |
[12:17] | Next thing you know, we’re on the carnival committee together, | 接着我们就在嘉年华委员会里… |
[12:20] | doing the bake sale… | 负责蛋糕销售 |
[12:21] | oh, which reminds me, I’m supposed to be snack mom next tuesday– | 顺便说句 下周二轮到我做”零食妈妈” |
[12:24] | can you switch with me? | 我可以和你换班吗? |
[12:25] | -Oh, yeah, no problem. -Oh, thanks. | -当然 没问题 -谢谢 |
[12:33] | I got nothing. | 我无话可说 |
[12:36] | Hey, hey, why don’t we order some drinks? | 我们不如来点喝的? |
[12:39] | -Just iced tea for me. -Oh, me, too. | -冰茶就好 -我也是 |
[12:40] | Uh, charlie, you want iced tea? | 查理 你要冰茶吗? |
[12:42] | Why on earth would I want iced tea? | 我怎么可能要冰茶? |
[12:46] | Because you don’t drink alcohol during the daytime. | 因为大白天没人会喝酒 |
[12:49] | Oh, right.Of course not. | 噢 对 当然了 |
[12:53] | Iced tea, rocks, water back. | 冰的茶 冰块 水 |
[12:56] | Uh, excuse me, miss? | 不好意思 小姐? |
[12:57] | Yes, can I help… | 有什么可以… |
[12:58] | charlie? | 查理? |
[13:01] | Oh, hey, hi. | 嘿 嗨 你好! |
[13:03] | How come you never called me? | 怎么你一直不给我打电话? |
[13:05] | Well, uh… | 这个… |
[13:10] | funny story. | 很好笑 |
[13:12] | Long story.Tell you later. | 说来话长 待会告诉你 |
[13:14] | Can we get four iced teas, please? | 要四杯冰茶 谢谢 |
[13:16] | I’ll be right back. | 马上到 |
[13:24] | old friend? | 老朋友? |
[13:25] | Yeah, you know, church choir, bake sale. | 是啊 你知道的 唱诗班 卖蛋糕 |
[13:31] | You may not want to drink the iced tea. | 也许你不会想喝冰茶 |
[13:39] | You know, alan, I got to hand it to you– | 艾伦 真是你的功劳 |
[13:41] | linda is really something. | 琳达的确有那么点意思 |
[13:43] | Yeah, yeah, she’s terrific. | 是啊 她的确很棒 |
[13:45] | But let me ask you something. | 但我有个问题 |
[13:47] | Sure. | 说 |
[13:48] | What in god’s name possessed you to talk about pornography? | 你到底伤了哪个筋 非要去谈色情文学这话题? |
[13:54] | Hey, she started it. | 是她先说起的 |
[13:55] | She wasn’t talking about pornography. | 她不是在说色情文学 |
[13:57] | She was talking about constitutional law and the preservation of the first amendment. | 她在谈论宪法和维护第一修正案 |
[14:00] | Which includes pornography. | 这当中包含了色情文学 |
[14:03] | Yes, it does, but it does not include your favorite actresses, | 是的 你没错 但那并没包括你最爱的女演员 |
[14:07] | top ten dvd’s or your beefs about the bonus features. | 和十大A片 还有你对幕后花絮的不满 |
[14:11] | I just pointed out that the bloopers, | 我只是想说那些穿帮镜头… |
[14:13] | though funny, are really more of a turnoff. | 虽然好笑 但的确很倒胃口 |
[14:19] | hello? | 喂 |
[14:21] | Yeah, yeah, hi, donna. | 是 是我 好吗 唐娜 |
[14:22] | Um, charlie and i were just talking about what a nice time we had. | 查理正在回味刚才的约会呢 |
[14:26] | Okay, I’m sorry. | 好吧 很抱歉 |
[14:29] | We…I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:32] | Ask her if linda likes me. | 问她琳达喜不喜欢我 |
[14:34] | H-hang on. | 等等 |
[14:35] | You’re kidding, right? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[14:36] | Come on, chicks talk to each other. | 别装了 女人们都爱互相八卦 |
[14:40] | Uh, donna, would you please tell my brother what you just told me.Here. | 唐娜 麻烦你跟我弟重复下你刚才的话好吗 |
[14:45] | Hey, donna.Talk to me. | 唐娜 说话 |
[14:50] | I see. | 明白 |
[14:51] | Okay, well, thanks for the heads-up. | 好的 多谢提醒 |
[14:55] | Linda didn’t like me. | 琳达不喜欢我 |
[14:57] | Go figure. | 好好反省 |
[15:00] | I told her not to drink the iced tea. | 我叫了她不要喝冰茶的 |
[15:07] | that’s what I heard–danny sholander likes jennifer denapoli. | 我听说–Danny Sholander喜欢Jennifer Denapoli |
[15:11] | Hey. | 你好 |
[15:16] | Really?He’s gay? | 真的?他是同性恋? |
[15:18] | Does he know that? | 他自己知道吗? |
[15:21] | You got to get me another crack at her. | 你得让我再试一次 |
[15:24] | What? | 什么? |
[15:25] | I need to see her again. | 我要再见她一次 |
[15:26] | -See who? -Linda. | -见谁? -琳达 |
[15:28] | I-I can’t let it end this way. | 我不能让事情就这么结束 |
[15:29] | Let what end?It was a lunch. | 让什么结束? 只是顿午餐而已 |
[15:31] | No, no, no, no, it was more than a lunch. | 不 不仅是一顿午餐 |
[15:33] | It was a test: Is charlie harper capable of stepping up to quality women? | 这是个考验: 查理 哈珀能否钓到熟女? |
[15:38] | Oh, god, we’re back to third person. | 又开始用第三人称了 |
[15:41] | Alan, I am tired of having meaningless sex with hot pinheads. | 艾伦 我厌倦了跟蠢美眉胡搞 |
[15:44] | What a coincidence–I’m tired of hearing about it. | 真巧–我厌倦了听你说这个 |
[15:48] | Linda’s smart, linda’s sophisticated, linda’s successful. | 琳达 聪明过人 老于世故 事业有成 |
[15:51] | Linda doesn’t like you. | 琳达不喜欢你 |
[15:52] | She will–I can make her. | 她会喜欢我的 我会让她喜欢我的 |
[15:54] | You just need to tell donna to tell linda to give me another chance. | 你得跟唐娜说 让琳达再给我一次机会 |
[15:57] | Fine, I’ll pass her a note during study hall. | 好 我会在自习室里给她张条 |
[16:00] | Hey, hey, hey, don’t belittle my feelings. | 别小看我的感情 |
[16:03] | I’m in a very sensitive place, and I will kick your ass. | 我现在很敏感 我会揍你的 |
[16:08] | Oh, come on, charlie, so you struck out with a woman.It happens. | 得啦 查理 你被三振出局了 没啥大不了的 |
[16:11] | Believe me… | 相信我… |
[16:12] | it happens. | 没啥大不了的 |
[16:15] | And when it does, the best thing to do is to pick yourself up, | 最好的应对方式就是站起身来 |
[16:17] | dust yourself off and curse god for making you the way you are. | 拍掉身上的尘土 并咒骂上帝为啥把你造成这样 |
[16:22] | All right, forget it; I don’t need you. | 算了 我不需要你 |
[16:24] | I’ll call her myself. | 我自己给她打电话 |
[16:33] | Sorry about the “curse god” stuff. | 抱歉我说要咒骂上帝 |
[16:35] | But we both know I’m not your best work. | 但我确实不是你最好的作品 |
[16:42] | yeah, hi.Can i speak to judge linda harris, please? | 你好请找琳达 Harris法官 |
[16:46] | Charlie harper. | 查理 哈珀 |
[16:48] | Yes, again. | 对 又是我 |
[16:52] | All right, fine, put me through to voice mail. | 好吧 帮我转到语音信箱 |
[16:54] | Banging a judge won’t get you out of jury duty– | 就算你睡了法官 也要履行陪审员义务的– |
[16:56] | believe me, I’ve tried. | 相信我 我试过 |
[16:59] | Shh, shh, quiet. | 安静 |
[17:01] | Yeah, hi, linda.It’s charlie again. | 你好 琳达 又是我查理 |
[17:04] | I just want you to know that this will be my last message. | 我只想说这是我最后一次留言 |
[17:07] | I figure three’s a charm, four is a restraining order. | 事不过三 第四次就 该申请人身禁止令了 |
[17:11] | look who I’m tellin’. | 瞧我在跟谁说这个呢 |
[17:15] | Anyway, I know we didn’t get off on the right foot, | 我知道我们的开始并不顺利 |
[17:17] | but that’s just because I’m not used to spending time | 但只是因为我不习惯 |
[17:19] | with such a remarkable and accomplished woman. | 跟成功迷人的女性约会 |
[17:22] | Keep shoveling. | 继续扯 |
[17:27] | And it’s true, I’ve lived a certain kind of life up until now. | 的确 到目前为止我过得比较… |
[17:31] | I’m not saying that I’m proud of it, but I’m not ashamed of it, either. | 我并不以此为荣 但也不因此而耻 |
[17:35] | Why else would you have videotaped most of it? | 不然你为什么都录了下来? |
[17:40] | I’m begging you. | 拜托你 |
[17:44] | So, if you want to call me back, call me back. | 如果你想回我电话 就给我打电话 |
[17:48] | If not, well, have a nice life. | 如果不想 祝你幸福 |
[17:51] | But it’d be a nicer life if you called me. | 不过给我打电话你会更幸福 |
[17:56] | Well… | 呃… |
[17:58] | I never thought I’d see charlie harper on his knees. | 从来没想过你会下跪求饶 |
[18:01] | You know, figuratively. | 你知道这是个比喻 |
[18:07] | Can we please talk about me in the first person? | 能用第一人称来称呼我吗? |
[18:09] | What’s this broad got that’s so special? | 这女人有什么特别之处l? |
[18:12] | A brain. | 有脑 |
[18:13] | What are you gonna do with a brain? | 你要有脑的女人干吗? |
[18:17] | It doesn’t matter; she’ll never call me. | 无所谓 她不会给我打过电话的 |
[18:19] | Oh, don’t talk like that. | 别那么说 |
[18:21] | Just because she’s smart and successful doesn’t mean | 她聪明成功不意味着 |
[18:23] | she’s not damaged enough to go out with you. | 她不会蠢到跟你勾搭 |
[18:28] | Thanks, berta, that means a lot. | 谢谢 贝塔 你的话意义重大 |
[18:38] | hello? | 你好? |
[18:40] | Nah, jake’s not here–try him at his mom’s house. | 杰克不在 打他妈妈家吧 |
[18:46] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪? |
[18:48] | I don’t know, someplace where the bottles are full and the women are empty. | 不知道 某个酒瓶很满 女人脑空的地方 |
[18:53] | And the skies are not cloudy all day. | 而且天空总是晴朗无云 |
[19:00] | $50 fine, time served. | 50美金罚款 酌情减刑 |
[19:02] | Call the next case. | 下一个案子 |
[19:04] | Case number 1217-07, charles harper, | 案件编号1217-07 被告Charles 哈珀 |
[19:08] | charged with drunk and disorderly, resisting arrest. | 罪名是醉酒 妨碍治安 拒捕 |
[19:12] | Charlie? | 查理? |
[19:14] | Oh.Hey. | 你好 |
[19:17] | Small world, huh? | 世界真小啊? |
[19:21] | Approach the bench, please. | 请上前来 |
[19:24] | Excuse me.I think this is personal. | 抱歉 这是私事 |
[19:30] | Please tell me you did not get yourself arrested just so you could see me. | 别告诉我你被捕就是为了见我 |
[19:38] | you got me. | 你猜中了 |
[19:41] | Charlie, what am i going to do with you? | 查理 你要我怎么办? |
[19:43] | Have dinner with me. | 跟我共进晚餐 |
[19:45] | Otherwise, we’re looking at a crime spree here. | 不然 我会继续犯罪 |
[19:50] | All right, one dinner. | 好吧 就一顿晚餐 |
[19:53] | Now, step back. | 现在退下 |
[19:54] | Yes, ma’am. | 遵命大人 |
[19:57] | -How do you plead? -Guilty, your honor. | -被告主张? -我认罪 法官大人 |
[19:59] | -Is this a first offense? -Yes, your honor. | -初次犯错? -是的 法官大人 |
[20:01] | -All right, $500 fine. -$500?Last time. | -好吧 500美金罚款 -500?上次 |
[20:04] | -last time? -Thank you, your hono R. | -上次? -谢谢您 法官大人 |
[20:08] | Next case. | 下一个案子 |
[20:09] | Case number 1217-08, heidi jones, charged with solicitation. | 案件编号1217-08 Heidi Jones 罪名为卖淫拉客 |
[20:14] | Hey, charlie. | 你好 查理 |
[20:15] | Shh, shh, shh! | 嘘! |
[20:25] | Thanks for picking me up, alan. | 谢谢你来接我 艾伦 |
[20:26] | Where’s your car? | 你的车呢? |
[20:29] | Good question. | 问得好 |
[20:30] | Oh…charlie… | 天…查理… |
[20:32] | yeah, we just got my uncle out of jail. | 对 我们刚把我叔从监狱里弄出来 |
[20:34] | It was cool.I saw a real pimp. | 酷毙了 我看到了个真正的皮条客 |
[20:38] | I hope you learned a lesson here. | 我希望你吸取教训 |
[20:40] | I sure did. | 当然了 |
[20:41] | And what was that lesson? | 什么教训? |
[20:42] | If a woman won’t return your calls, get drunk, get arrested, | 如果有女人不回你电话 喝醉了被捕 |
[20:45] | then lie through your teeth. | 然后满口谎言 |
[20:48] | That’s it?That’s what you learned? | 就这?你就学到了这些? |
[20:50] | Well, also, if your cell mate wants your bologna sandwich, just give it to him. | 还有如果你的狱友 要你的香肠三明治 给他 |
[20:57] | Okay, I’ll be your pimp if you’ll be my bee-atch. | 好 如果你做我的小姐 我就做你的皮条客 |
[20:59] | Jake!That’s enough with the phone. | 杰克!电话讲够了! |
[21:02] | Nobody.What were you saying? | 没有谁 你说什么? |
[21:05] | Oh, hey! | 干吗! |
[21:07] | I’d have kept the phone and tossed the kid. | 是我就留下电话 扔小孩出去 |