时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Thank you for a lovely dinner. | 晚餐很棒 谢谢你 |
[00:03] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[00:08] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[00:10] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等 等 等 |
[00:11] | Are you sure you don’t want me to tuck you in? | 你确定不需要我帮你盖被子? |
[00:14] | I don’t need to be tucked, charlie. | 我不需要别人帮我盖被子 查理 |
[00:16] | Oh, come on, everybody needs a good tucking once in a while. | 别装了 谁都不时需要别人 好好地盖一下的 |
[00:21] | Well, then go tuck yourself. | 好 那你盖自己去吧 |
[00:24] | I guess I’ll have to. | 看来只好如此了 |
[00:29] | I’m not saying no, I’m just saying not now. | 我不是拒绝 只是不想太快 |
[00:32] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[00:34] | -Good night. – Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[00:40] | How about now? | 现在呢? |
[00:41] | Funny. | 很幽默 |
[00:46] | I wasn’t going for a laugh. | 我不是说来逗你笑的 |
[00:53] | Come on, luther. | 走吧 Luther |
[00:57] | Rose? | 罗丝? |
[00:59] | Nah, couldn’t be. | 不 不可能 |
[01:02] | I’m so backed up I’m literally cockeyed. | “精力过剩”得有点秀逗了 |
[01:15] | hot girl at 12:00. | 辣妹 12点方向 |
[01:21] | Where? | 哪里? |
[01:22] | Over there. | 那里 |
[01:27] | That would be 9:00. | 那应该是9点钟 |
[01:29] | No, it’s 12:00. | 不 是12点 |
[01:31] | Actually, 12:05. | 准确来说是12点05 |
[01:32] | 12-ish. | 12点左右 |
[01:36] | You want to straighten him out, or should I? | 你来更正他 还是我来? |
[01:37] | Go ahead, take a swing. | 你来 让他搞清楚 |
[01:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[01:40] | The reason guys say hot girl at like 12:00 or 3:00 | 当男人说12点或3点方向有辣妹 |
[01:43] | is to specify a location using the clock face as kind of a map. | 是以手表面作地图来指明方位的 |
[01:47] | What if you have a digital watch? | 那电子表怎么办? |
[01:50] | First of all, you’re not gonna meet any women if you wear a digital watch. | 第一 戴电子表永远别想钓到马子 |
[01:54] | And second of all, it doesn’t matter. | 第二 这没影响 |
[01:55] | The clock face is imaginary. | 表面是想象出来的 |
[01:57] | Then how do you know what time you saw the girl? | 那你怎么知道碰见女孩时几点? |
[02:00] | ***you know what, I’m wrong. | 老天爷 这么说吧 我错 |
[02:04] | There’s a hot girl, and it’s 12:06. | 有个辣妹在那边 现在是12:06 |
[02:07] | Check. | 对时 |
[02:09] | Hey, he likes girls and he can tell time. | 他喜欢女孩 还懂看表 |
[02:12] | I’m a happy dad. | 我老来安慰了 |
[02:19] | hello, your honor.What’s up? | 你好 法官大人 有何贵干? |
[02:20] | Your honor? | 法官大人? |
[02:21] | Oh, your uncle’s dating a judge. | 你叔叔在和一个法官约会 |
[02:24] | This weekend? | 这个周末? |
[02:25] | Sure, that sounds great. | 当然 听着不错 |
[02:27] | You mean like an american idol judge? | 你是说像美国偶像的评判? (法官和评判同音) |
[02:29] | No, a real judge. | 不 真的法官(评判) |
[02:30] | American idol judges are real, dad. | 美国偶像的评判(法官)也是真人 老爸 |
[02:35] | So what, we’d be staying in adjoining rooms? | 那是怎么样 我们住两隔壁? |
[02:37] | No, no, no, no, one room is fine. | 不不不不 一个房子很好 |
[02:39] | Why is he dating a judge?Is he trying to get out of something? | 他为什么要约法官? 他想摆脱什么(麻烦)吗? |
[02:42] | No, more like he’s trying to get into something. | 不 他更希望冲进去 |
[02:45] | Good one. | 这句妙 |
[02:46] | You understood that? | 你听得懂? |
[02:48] | Not really.That’s how I knew it was good. | 不懂 所以一定很好笑 |
[02:50] | Oh, yeah, that’s a very romantic hotel. | 当然 这酒店非常浪漫 |
[02:53] | I’ve stayed there… | 我去过… |
[02:54] | never in my life. | 零次 |
[02:56] | Right.Okay, talk to you later. | 好 回头再聊 |
[03:00] | santa barbara. | 圣巴巴拉 |
[03:01] | This weekend. | 这个周末 |
[03:02] | One room. | 一间房 |
[03:03] | Oh, now I get it. | 现在我懂了 |
[03:06] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[03:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:11] | Son of a gun, alan.Look. | 妈妈咪呀 艾伦 看 |
[03:12] | -What? – The blonde. | -什么? -那金发美女 |
[03:14] | -Where? – 12:08. | -哪里? -12:08 |
[03:17] | She, she looks like rose. | 她…她好象罗丝 |
[03:19] | It couldn’t be.She’s still in england, right? | 不可能 她还在英格兰不是吗? |
[03:22] | Last I heard. | 我也这么听说的 |
[03:23] | I got a postcard from her the other day. | 那天我还收到她的明信片来着 |
[03:25] | Really?What did it say? | 真的? 说什么了? |
[03:27] | Oh, well, let’s see… | 我想想… |
[03:28] | “dear jake, how are you?”I am fine. | “亲爱的杰克 你好吗?我很好 |
[03:30] | “Hope you’re doing well in school.Ha-ha. | 希望你学业进步 哈哈” |
[03:33] | ” I think that’s a joke ’cause she knows I struggle with my grades. | 我想她是故意开玩笑 因为她知道我正烦学习的事 |
[03:36] | Let’s see, what else?Oh, yeah. | 想想 还有什么呢 噢对了 |
[03:38] | “Say hello from england to everybody. | “代我向大家问好” |
[03:41] | ” Hello from england. | 大家好 |
[03:44] | Well, there you go. | 怎么样 |
[03:45] | She’s in england. | 她在英格兰 |
[03:46] | I guess. | 也许吧 |
[03:47] | So why do I keep thinking I see her? | 那为什么我老以为见到她? |
[03:50] | Maybe you miss her. | 也许你想她了 |
[03:51] | I don’t think so. | 怎么会 |
[03:53] | I mean, I was a little down when she left, which is to be expected, | 尽管早有预料 她走时我是有点沮丧 |
[03:55] | but I’ve got linda now and I’ve moved on | 但我现在有琳达 我继续前进了 |
[03:58] | and why the hell am I talking to you about my personal life? | 还有我怎么会坐下来 跟你们谈我的私生活的? |
[04:00] | Because I’m a good listener? | 因为我是个好的倾诉对象? |
[04:04] | Because you have no other friends? | 因为你没别的朋友? |
[04:07] | Ha-ha? | 哈哈? |
[04:10] | After this we’re dropping him off at his mother’s, right? | 待会我们要送他回他妈那吗? |
[04:12] | -Yep. – Ha-ha. | -没错 -哈哈 |
[04:38] | Dear charlie… | 亲爱的查理… |
[04:39] | greetings from faggy old london. | 我在又娘又旧的伦敦向你问好了 |
[04:46] | Greetings from foggy old london. | 我在雾都古城伦敦向你问好了 |
[04:50] | Hope you’re doing well and not working too hard. | 希望你一切安好 工作勿过分劳累 |
[04:52] | Ha-ha. | 哈哈 |
[04:54] | Things are going great for me. | 我一切顺利 |
[04:55] | I love my job and my flat and my new friends. | 我很喜欢我的工作和住处 还有新朋友们 |
[04:58] | Sometimes my life in malibu feels like a crazy dream. | 有时感觉在马利布的生活 就像一场疯狂的梦 |
[05:02] | I hope you can forgive me for all my bizarre behavior | 希望你能原谅我过去的古怪行径 |
[05:05] | and know that I will always remember you fondly. | 并记住我会永远铭记你 |
[05:07] | Your friend, rose. | 你的朋友 罗丝 |
[05:09] | Ps: Give my best to alan. | 注: 代我向艾伦问好 |
[05:12] | I’m sure by now he’s found a place of his own. | 我相信他已经找到自己的归属 |
[05:14] | Ha-ha. | 哈哈 |
[05:17] | What you got there? | 看什么呢? |
[05:18] | It’s a letter from rose. | 罗丝的来信 |
[05:20] | Really? | 真的? |
[05:21] | That come today? | 今天来的? |
[05:22] | Nah, a few months ago. | 不 几个月前的 |
[05:23] | I just never got around to reading it. | 只是从来没想到拿来看看 |
[05:26] | I noticed you didn’t toss it out. | 我发现你没把它扔了 |
[05:29] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 什么意思? |
[05:30] | Charlie, of all the broads who staggered bare-ass through these hallowed halls, | 查理 所有光着屁股在 这空房子里走过的女孩子当中 |
[05:35] | she’s the one who really got to you. | 她是唯一一个触动过你的 |
[05:38] | Yeah, she got to me. | 是啊 她的确触动我了 |
[05:40] | She put a sleeping pill in my scotch | 她往我威士忌里扔安眠药 |
[05:42] | and superglued my testicles to my leg. | 用超能胶把我鸟蛋和大腿粘在一起 |
[05:45] | You just can’t get past that, can you? | 你就是忘不了这个是不是? |
[05:48] | Well, it doesn’t matter. | 也没关系了 |
[05:49] | I’m in a real relationship now with an incredible woman– | 我和一个完美的女人 正发展一段严肃的关系 |
[05:52] | a judge, a constitutional scholar, | 她是一个法官 一个宪法学者 |
[05:54] | a woman who may one day may be a state senator. | 而且有望是未来的州议员 |
[05:57] | But does she care enough to line her mittens with hair she collects from your shower drain? | 但她会心甘情愿带上手套 为你清理那满是毛发的下水道吗? |
[06:02] | I don’t know yet.We’re going slow. | 还不知道 我们慢慢来 |
[06:04] | Really? | 真的? |
[06:05] | Yes. | 真的 |
[06:06] | We’re getting to know each other as people before we jump into bed | 我们先以正常人的方式了解彼此 |
[06:09] | and get to know each other as, you know, animals. | 而不是…像动物一样 跳上床认识彼此 |
[06:13] | Just do me a favor and make the first time at her place, | 拜托你帮忙把第一次移师她家 |
[06:15] | ’cause you’re gonna spring forth like a water wiggle. | 因为你会像个消防柱一样爆发 (water wiggle高压喷水玩具) |
[06:34] | some say love, | 有人说爱情 |
[06:38] | it is a river | 它是一条河流 |
[06:42] | that drowns the tender reed | 淹没温柔的种子 |
[06:49] | some say love, | 有人说爱情 |
[06:53] | it is a razor | 它是一把剃刀 |
[06:57] | that leaves your soul to bleed | 让你的灵魂淌血 |
[07:05] | some say love, | 有人说爱情 |
[07:08] | it is a hunger an endless, aching need | 它是一种无止境的渴望 痛苦的需要 |
[07:21] | I say love, | 我说爱情 |
[07:24] | it is a flower in the spring, | 它是春天的花朵 |
[07:32] | becomes the rose. | 成为罗丝. |
[07:39] | Charlie? | 查理? |
[07:40] | charlie? | 查理? |
[07:41] | What? | 什么? |
[07:46] | I need your help. | 我需要你帮助 |
[07:48] | If you’re doing laundry, all I can say is you’re doing it wrong. | 如果你是在洗衣服 我只能说 你的方法不对 |
[07:53] | No, no, the lady I’ve been seeing, | 不 不是 我约会的那个姑娘 |
[07:55] | you know, linda’s friend donna? | 琳达的朋友唐娜你知道吧? |
[07:57] | Uh, she wants to– | 啊 她想要– |
[07:58] | how shall we say– | 怎么说呢– |
[08:00] | take it up a notch. | 更投入一点 |
[08:02] | Yeah, so? | 于是呢? |
[08:03] | I’m out of notches. | 我没潜力了 |
[08:06] | What do you need? | 你需要什么? |
[08:07] | A younger man’s penis. | 更年轻的老二 |
[08:11] | My nightstand, top drawer, next to the ping-pong paddle… | 我的床头柜 最上面的抽屉 乒乓球拍旁… |
[08:14] | take one with water and stall her for 20 minutes. | 用水送服一片 另外拖延她20分钟 |
[08:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:18] | -Alan? – Yeah? | -艾伦? -啊? |
[08:20] | Don’t those hurt? | 不疼吗? |
[08:21] | Hell, yeah. | 该死 当然 |
[08:22] | Why don’t you take ’em off? | 干吗不拿下来? |
[08:24] | There’s a penalty involved. | 这是种惩罚 |
[08:27] | Long story. | 说来话长 |
[08:31] | I can tell ya how it ends. | 我能猜到结局 |
[08:41] | Lovely dinner. | 很棒的晚餐 |
[08:43] | Yeah, the food was great. | 是啊 食物很不错 |
[08:46] | It’s a beautiful room. | 房间很漂亮 |
[08:48] | Yeah, room’s great. | 是啊 房间很棒 |
[08:52] | Nice view. | 风景不错 |
[08:55] | Yep, view’s great. | 是 风景很好 |
[09:08] | oh, for god’s sake. | 哦 看在上帝的份上 |
[09:09] | Who is it? | 是谁? |
[09:10] | Room service, *** | 客房服务 先生 |
[09:13] | We didn’t order anything. | 我们什么也没要 |
[09:14] | Uh, champagne, compliments of the hotel. | 香槟 酒店赠送 |
[09:18] | Can you slip it under the door? | 能从门底下塞进来吗? |
[09:20] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[09:23] | Don’t move. | 别动 |
[09:24] | Don’t change your mind. | 别改主意 |
[09:35] | you want I open? | 要打开吗? |
[09:36] | No, thank you. | 不用 谢谢 |
[09:37] | Okay, good night. | 好的 晚安 |
[09:40] | Gracias. | 谢谢 |
[09:53] | Charlie… | 查理… |
[09:55] | yeah? | 啊? |
[09:56] | I’m waiting. | 我在等 |
[09:58] | For what? | 等什么? |
[10:01] | Oh, right. | 哦 对了 |
[10:04] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[10:11] | What are you doing to the rose? | 你把玫瑰怎么了? |
[10:13] | I just don’t want it looking at me. | 我只是不想让她看着我 |
[10:28] | Anything interesting going on in school? | 学校有什么趣事吗? |
[10:29] | I started algebra. | 我开始学代数了 |
[10:31] | How’s that going? | 学得怎么样? |
[10:32] | I don’t get it at all, but the teacher’s really hot. | 我完全不明白 但是老师很辣 |
[10:37] | Well, that’s nice. | 是吗 那很好 |
[10:38] | Yeah.She’s got some really great racks. | 是啊 她有一对好”架子”(俚语指胸部) |
[10:43] | I think you mean “rack. | 我想你是说一个架子 |
[10:44] | ” No, she’s got two, and they’re gi-normous! | 不 她有两个 而且它们很雄伟 |
[10:49] | It’s kinda cool that she’s teaching alge-bra. | 这很酷 因为她教代数(alge-bra与胸罩谐音) |
[10:55] | Nothing? | 没反应? |
[10:57] | Boy, that killed in detention. | 伙计 在禁闭室大家可笑翻了 |
[11:00] | Oh, hey. | 哦 嘿 |
[11:01] | How was santa barbara? | Santa Barbara旅馆怎么样? |
[11:02] | Santa bar-bra? Santa bar-bra? | |
[11:05] | That’s spanish for “city of great racks. | 那是西班牙语 “伟大”的胸部之城 |
[11:09] | ” Alan, I got no patience for your kid today. | ” 艾伦 我今天对你的孩子没耐心 |
[11:12] | Go do your homework. | 去做你的作业 |
[11:13] | Oh, right.I have a big reading ass-signment. | 哦 对 我有一大份阅读作业(ass屁股) |
[11:20] | You’re not my audience. | 对牛弹琴 |
[11:26] | Remember when he was cute? | 还记得他可爱的时候吗? |
[11:28] | The memory is fading. | 记忆在消失 |
[11:30] | So how was your big night with linda? | 你和琳达的春宵一夜如何? |
[11:33] | Fine. | 还好 |
[11:34] | Just fine? | 只是还好? |
[11:36] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[11:37] | Just… | 只是… |
[11:38] | fine. | 还好 |
[11:40] | I… | 我… |
[11:41] | see. | 明白了 |
[11:44] | No… | 不… |
[11:45] | you…don’T. | 你…不 |
[11:47] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:50] | Want to talk about it? | 想谈谈吗? |
[11:51] | Oh, golly, alan, more than anything! | 哦 神啊 艾伦 什么都能解决! |
[11:55] | Okay, never mind. | 好吧 别介意 |
[11:56] | Stew in it. | 憋着吧 |
[11:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:06] | I finally got to step up to the plate, and I was swinging a garden hose. | 我终于能开始行动了 却在摇一跟橡胶软管 |
[12:15] | You happy? | 你高兴了? |
[12:17] | Well, I’m not sad. | 好吧 我不难过 |
[12:21] | What do you think the problem was? | 你觉得问题是什么? |
[12:26] | I saw her again. | 我又见到她了 |
[12:27] | -Saw who? – Rose. | -见到谁? -罗丝 |
[12:29] | She brought champagne to our hotel room, except, this time, she was hispanic. | 她送香槟到旅馆的房间 另外 这次 她是西班牙人 |
[12:36] | What was she last time? | 她上次是什么? |
[12:38] | Last time, she was a blonde with coffee, | 上次她是拿着咖啡的金发美女 |
[12:40] | and the time before that, she was a redhead with a dog. | 再上次 她是带着狗的红发女郎 |
[12:42] | What kind of dog? | 哪种狗? |
[12:43] | What difference does it make? | 有什么区别吗? |
[12:46] | I like dogs. | 我喜欢狗 |
[12:49] | Go on. | 继续 |
[12:50] | If I didn’t know any better, I’d say she was stalking me again. | 如果不是我知道的话 我一定会说她又在跟踪我了 |
[12:53] | From england? | 从英国? |
[12:54] | We don’t know she’s in england! | 我们不确定她在不在英国! |
[12:56] | She sends letters and postcards. | 她写了信还寄来了明信片 |
[12:58] | Jake gets them all the time. | 杰克一直收到 |
[12:59] | Oh, come on! | 哦 得了! |
[13:00] | Like she couldn’t leave a stack of them with some friend to mail every few days? | 她就不能留一堆给朋友 让他们几天一发? |
[13:04] | Oh, wow.Are you listening to yourself? | 哦 哇 你知道自己在说什么吗? |
[13:06] | Even rose isn’t that crazy. | 就算罗丝有那么疯狂 |
[13:07] | Oh, and she’s going to fly back and forth with a dog? | 她还能带着狗来回来去飞? |
[13:10] | She could hire a local dog. | 她可以雇一只当地的狗 |
[13:15] | Charlie, rose is in england. | 查理 罗丝在英国 |
[13:16] | She’s not stalking you. | 她没在跟踪你 |
[13:18] | And whatever you think you’re seeing is in your head. | 不管你怎么想 都只是你的幻觉 |
[13:22] | Yeah.You’re probably right. | 好吧 可能你是对的 |
[13:26] | Regardless, last night was less than a triumph. | 除此之外 昨晚 不太成功 |
[13:30] | Why didn’t you just take one of your pills? | 你为什么不吃片药? |
[13:33] | Because somebody else took my last three. | 因为 某人吃了我最后的三片 |
[13:39] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 是啊 |
[13:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:44] | Thank you, thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 谢谢 |
[13:47] | That’s four. | 四次了 |
[13:49] | First one was a two-fer. | 第一片”一箭双雕” |
[13:55] | What kind of dog? | 哪种狗? |
[13:55] | I don’t know!It was a dog! | 我不知道!就是条狗! |
[13:58] | Four legs and a tail. | 四条腿一条尾巴 |
[14:00] | Can we please get back to my problem? | 能回到我的问题吗? |
[14:02] | Not a dog person. | 不喜欢狗 |
[14:06] | So, you believe you’re seeing people who aren’t there. | 那么 你觉得你看到了不该在的人 |
[14:08] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[14:10] | They’re there, but they’re not who they are. | 她们在那 但不是她们本来的样子 |
[14:12] | Well, then who are they? | 好吧 那她们是谁? |
[14:14] | I don’t know who they are, but they all look like rose. | 我不知道是谁 但看上去都像罗丝 |
[14:18] | Your stalker. | 跟踪你的人 |
[14:19] | Well, that’s kind of harsh. | 听着有点儿刺耳 |
[14:21] | You told me she broke into your home, disrobed, | 你曾告诉我 她闯进你的家 脱光衣服 |
[14:24] | and handcuffed herself to your refrigerator. | 把自己铐在你的冰箱上 |
[14:27] | Well, just the one time. | 就一次 |
[14:31] | So why do I keep seeing her everywhere I go? | 那么 为什么我走到哪都一直见到她? |
[14:34] | Well, gee, charlie, if I tell you that now, | 好吧 查理 如果我现在告诉你原因 |
[14:36] | what’ll we do for the rest of the hour? | 剩下的时间干什么? |
[14:39] | I’m joshing. | 我开玩笑的 |
[14:44] | Why don’t we talk about your current relationship? | 我们为什么不谈谈你现阶段的恋情呢? |
[14:46] | Linda? | 琳达? |
[14:47] | Well, let’s see. | 我想想 |
[14:48] | She’s a municipal court judge. | 她是地方法院法官 |
[14:50] | Very impressive. | 了不起 |
[14:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:52] | I meant for her, charlie. | 我是说她 查理 |
[14:55] | It’s hardly your accomplishment, now, is it? | 现在 你还没成功 不是吗? |
[14:57] | Well, yeah, in a way.I’ve never done a judge before. | 也许吧 我从来没跟法官做过 |
[15:00] | Well, from what you told me, you still haven’T. | 从你所说的话看来 到现在也没有呀 |
[15:06] | Touch? | 一击命中啊 |
[15:07] | It pays to listen. | 细心聆听总是有好处的 |
[15:09] | So how old is linda? | 那么琳达多大年纪? |
[15:11] | She’s about my age. | 跟我差不多 |
[15:13] | This the first time you’ve been with a woman that old? | 你是第一次跟这么老的女人交往吧? |
[15:15] | Oh, no.Not at all. | 哦 不 绝对不是 |
[15:17] | So you’ve had age-appropriate relationships before? | 你以前也跟年龄相仿的女人交往过? |
[15:19] | Relationships? | 交往? |
[15:21] | No, no.Are you crazy? | 没 你疯的吗? |
[15:22] | Am I crazy? | 我疯了? |
[15:24] | Pot-kettle, charlie. | 你有资格说我吗 查理 (意指两人一样疯) |
[15:26] | Okay, look, I didn’t come to therapy to talk this to death. | 好吧 我来进行心理治疗 不是来进行死亡对话的 |
[15:31] | I’ve seen rose three times, and it’s ruining my sex life with linda. | 我看到罗丝三次 这毁了我跟琳达的性生活 |
[15:36] | Can you help me, or do I have to learn to shoot pool with a rope? | 你能帮我吗 还是我得学会用一根绳子来打桌球? |
[15:40] | Well, thank you for that disturbing image. | 多谢你描绘了这么恶心的画面 |
[15:44] | Best I can tell, charlie, for the first time in your life, | 要我说 查理 这是你第一次 |
[15:47] | you are involved in an adult relationship. | 跟一个成年人在交往 |
[15:49] | It’s challenging. | 难度很大吧 |
[15:50] | Maybe even a little intimidating. | 甚至让你感到胆怯 |
[15:52] | And the fact that you’re fantasizing about a woman in england | 你一直幻想见到一个在英国的女人 |
[15:56] | who idolized you beyond all rational measure? | 而这个女人对你的崇拜绝对是 超出理性范围的 |
[15:59] | Well, that tells me that you’re afraid to grow up. | 这一切只说明你害怕长大 |
[16:02] | We call that the peter pan syndrome. | 我们称之为彼得潘症状 |
[16:06] | That’s pretty good. | 很有道理啊 |
[16:08] | So what can we do? | 那要怎么办? |
[16:09] | You know, peter-wise? | 你知道 如果是彼得这样? |
[16:12] | If you’re committed to personal growth, | 如果你能下决心长大 |
[16:14] | you’ll walk through your fear and embrace the challenges | 你就能克服恐惧 并面对 |
[16:17] | of a really meaningful relationship with an adult woman. | 跟一个成年女性交往带来的挑战 |
[16:21] | And your only other choice is to live the emotionally stunted life | 否则你就得继续过着 感情麻木的生活 |
[16:24] | you’ve been living over and over, | 跟你以前一模一样 |
[16:27] | never growing and never changing. | 没有改变没有成长 |
[16:34] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[16:34] | Welcome aboard british airways flight 471 nonstop to london’s heathrow airport. | 欢迎登上直飞希斯罗机场的英航471航班 |
[17:00] | Charlie? | 查理? |
[17:02] | Surprise. | 大惊喜 |
[17:05] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干嘛? |
[17:08] | I’m not sure.I just needed to see you. | 不知道 我就想见你 |
[17:10] | I needed to talk to you. | 我必须跟你谈谈 |
[17:11] | I can come back if now is not a good time. | 如果现在不方便我可以稍后再来 |
[17:13] | No, no.It’s okay. | 不不 现在可以 |
[17:15] | I know you’ve probably moved on. | 你可能已经看开了 |
[17:17] | I thought I had, too. | 我以为我也那么做了 |
[17:19] | But, everywhere I look, I keep seeing your face, | 但我到哪都能看到你的脸 |
[17:23] | so I started thinking maybe… | 所以我开始想也许… |
[17:27] | I don’t know what I’m thinking.Are you…are you busy? | 我不知道自己在想什么 你在忙吗? |
[17:30] | Can I take you out for a cold beer or something? | 能一起去喝个冰啤酒之类的不? |
[17:33] | Actually, on this side of the pond, we drink our beer warm. | 实际上 在这我们喝热啤酒 |
[17:37] | You can still catch a buzz, right? | 但人们还是可以小醉一把 是吗? |
[17:40] | Oh, yeah. | 当然 |
[17:41] | Then warm’s fine. | 那热啤酒也行 |
[17:42] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:44] | Well, I’ll just get my purse. | 我拿下手袋 |
[17:46] | Great. | 好 |
[17:58] | So I’m not screwing up any plans of yours? | 我没打乱你的什么计划吧? |
[18:00] | Oh, no. | 哦 没有 |
[18:01] | This fits perfectly into my plans. | 跟我的计划不谋而合呢 |
[18:08] | oh, linda.Hi. | 琳达 你好 |
[18:09] | Hi, alan.I’M… | 你好 艾伦 我 |
[18:11] | I’m sorry to show up unannounced, | 抱歉没打招呼就跑过来了 |
[18:12] | but charlie hasn’t been answering his cell phone, | 但查理一直不接他的手机 |
[18:14] | and I wanted to make sure he’s okay. | 我想看看他是不是没事 |
[18:16] | Oh, charlie’s fine. | 查理很好啊 |
[18:17] | We have a pharmacy that delivers. | 我们找到家送货上门的药店 |
[18:20] | What? | 什么? |
[18:22] | Nothing.Come on in. | 没什么 进来吧 |
[18:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:25] | He should be getting up sometime soon anyway. | 反正他应该很快就起床了 |
[18:28] | So, how are things with you and donna? | 你跟唐娜最近怎么样? |
[18:30] | Good.Good. | 很好 |
[18:33] | Uh, I’ll go get charlie. | 我去叫查理 |
[18:35] | Hey, dad, girls’ volleyball!Lotta bouncing boobs! | 爸爸 女生打排球 胸涌澎湃啊! |
[18:37] | Not now. | 现在不行 |
[18:38] | You told me to tell you when they started. | 你让我她们开始的时候叫你的吗 |
[18:39] | -No, I didn’t! – Yes, you did! | -我没有! -你有啊! |
[18:40] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[18:44] | -Oh, hey. – Hello. | -噢 你好 -你好 |
[18:45] | You must be jake. | 你一定就是杰克 |
[18:46] | Yeah.Who are you? | 对 你是谁? |
[18:48] | Linda.I’m a friend of your uncle charlie’S. | 琳达 我是你查理叔叔的朋友 |
[18:50] | Are you the judge? | 你就是那个法官吗? |
[18:51] | Do you play volleyball? | 你打排球吗? |
[18:53] | No.Do you? | 不打 你呢? |
[18:55] | Nah.I just like to watch them jump up and down. | 不 我就喜欢看她们上蹿下跳的 |
[18:57] | Okay!Hi-ho!Go away. | 好了!闪边去! |
[19:01] | I thought charlie was asleep, but he’s not in his room. | 我以为查理在睡觉 但他不在房间里 |
[19:04] | Berta, have you seen charlie? | 贝塔 你见过查理吗? |
[19:05] | -He’s not in his bed? – No. | -不在床上? -不在 |
[19:07] | -Passed out on the bathroom floor? – No. | -在浴室地板上晕过去了? -没有 |
[19:09] | Rubbing oil on the volleyball girls? | 在给排球女将们抹油? |
[19:11] | No. | 没有! |
[19:16] | Well, that just leaves the bars, hospitals and jails. | 那就只剩酒吧 医院跟监狱了 |
[19:20] | I’ll go get the yellow pages. | 我去拿黄页 |
[19:23] | Well, he couldn’t have gone very far. | 他没那么野 |
[19:25] | Hey, dad!Hot girl in a thong! | 爸爸!穿人字裤的辣妹! |
[19:28] | What time is it?! | 几点啊?! |
[19:38] | Tepid. | 不是很热呀 |
[19:41] | So, london certainly agrees with you, rose. | 你在London很适应啊 罗丝 |
[19:44] | You look beautiful. | 你看起来很漂亮 |
[19:45] | Thank you, charlie. | 谢谢 查理 |
[19:47] | I just can’t believe you’re here. | 我不敢相信你来了 |
[19:50] | Yeah, well, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[19:52] | I’ve been thinking a lot about you lately, and I miss you. | 我最近经常想到你 我很想你 |
[19:57] | Aw, charlie, I miss you, too. | 查理 我也想念你 |
[20:00] | Are you seeing anybody? | 你在跟什么人约会吗? |
[20:02] | Actually, I am seeing someone, | 实际上 是的 |
[20:04] | but I’m not really sure where it’s going yet. | 但我还不确定会发展得如何 |
[20:08] | You? | 你呢? |
[20:09] | To be honest, there is one lady I’ve been dating. | 说实话 我在跟一个女人约会 |
[20:13] | She’s actually my own age. | 她跟我差不多年纪 |
[20:15] | -No. – Yeah. | 不会吧 真的 |
[20:18] | But my therapist says she’s not good for me. | 但我的心理医生说她不合适我 |
[20:22] | And you think i am? | 你觉得我合适? |
[20:24] | Well, you’ve always loved me for who I am instead of who I could be, | 你一直都爱着本质的我 而不是我能成为什么样的人 |
[20:29] | which is really wonderful because, | 这样很好 因为 |
[20:31] | let’s face it, we both love who I am. | 说实话 我也喜欢我自己的本质 |
[20:37] | I do love you, charlie. | 我确实爱你 查理 |
[20:39] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[20:42] | So? | 那么? |
[20:44] | So what? | 什么那么? |
[20:46] | So what’s next? | 那么下一步怎样? |
[20:49] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[20:52] | You can’t expect me to go back to what we had without a commitment. | 你别指望能不做承诺 就回复我们以前的关系 |
[20:58] | A commitment? | 承诺? |
[20:59] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[21:00] | I think we should get married. | 我想我们该结婚 |
[21:04] | Married? | 结婚? |
[21:06] | Sell the house in malibu | 把马布里的房子卖了 |
[21:08] | and move to a kid-friendly neighborhood here in london. | 搬来伦敦 找个适宜孩子成长的社区 |
[21:12] | Kid? | 孩子? |
[21:14] | Kids. | 孩子们 |
[21:16] | We’re gonna have kids, aren’t we? | 我们要生孩子的 不是吗? |
[21:24] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[21:24] | Welcome aboard british airways flight 472 nonstop to los angeles international airport. | 欢迎登上直飞洛杉矶国际机场的英航472航班 |