时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | I really appreciate you getting up so early and driving me to work. | 你能起这么早专门送我上班 我真是太感激了 |
[00:11] | I owe you one. | 就算我欠你一人情好了 |
[00:13] | You owed me one when I didn’t smother you in your crib. | 我没有把你闷死在床上 你就已经欠我一人情了 |
[00:18] | Well, then, I owe you two. | 那就欠两个好了 |
[00:22] | My car will be out of the shop in a couple of days. | 过几天我的车就应该修好了的 |
[00:24] | There was a terrible knock in the engine. Like a… like a… | 引擎总发出那种可怕的敲门声 就跟…就跟… |
[00:29] | I kept saying, “Come in,” but nobody did. | 我不停的说 “请进” 但是没人回应 |
[00:33] | Ooh, carpool lane–that’s us. We could… | 唷 拼车专用道 我们现在算是拼车 快过去… |
[00:34] | -Shut up. -Right. | -闭嘴 -好吧 |
[00:39] | It’s 7:00. Where are all these damn people going? | 现在才7点 这些家伙都要上哪儿呀? |
[00:42] | I know, right? I deal with that every day. Very frustrating. | 可不是嘛 我每天都是这么过来的 烦都烦死了 |
[00:47] | Sometimes I dream about buying | 有时 我梦想着在森林里买一个 |
[00:48] | a cabin in the woods and just getting away… | 小木屋 远离这些… |
[00:50] | -I said shut up. -Yes, you did. | -我说了 闭嘴 -好的 记住了 |
[00:55] | The people going that way should just switch jobs with the people going this way, | 去那边上班的人应该跟 来这边上班的人换一换工作 |
[00:58] | and everybody can leave their freaking cars in the garage. | 这样大家都可以走路去上班了 |
[01:02] | You know, that’s a… that’s a hell of an idea. Right on. | 这还真是…一个超绝的主意 一语中的 |
[01:06] | -Don’t patronize me. -Sorry. | -别以为我不知道你是啥意思 -我不说了 |
[01:12] | Wait a minute. How are you getting back to Malibu? | 等等 你要怎么回马里布? |
[01:17] | Uh, I… I was, uh… | 呃 我…我 呃… |
[01:18] | -I was hoping…Charlie. -No. | -我是希望…查理 -没门儿 |
[01:19] | Take the bus. | 坐公车去 |
[01:20] | There’s no bus from Tarzana to Malibu. | 没有从圣弗南度谷到马里布的直达公车 |
[01:22] | Then, take a series of buses. | 那就换乘 |
[01:24] | And don’t get stuck on having to end up in Malibu. | 一直朝着马里布的方向坐就行了 |
[01:27] | Charlie, come on. It… it’s just for a couple of days. | 查理 行行好吧 也…也就是几天 |
[01:30] | That’s what Mom said when she brought you home from the hospital. | 老妈把你从医院带回家的时候 就是这么跟我说的 |
[01:35] | Good one. | 说得好 |
[01:37] | You’re a very funny man, Ollie. | 你说话真风趣 奥利 |
[01:40] | You certainly are. | 相当风趣 |
[01:44] | It’s Laurel and Hardy. | 这是劳莱与哈代里的台词 注:世界喜剧电影史上最出名的二人组合 |
[01:46] | Boy, they used to… | 那个呀 他们总是穿着… |
[01:48] | they used to get in some wacky jams, huh? | 总是穿着那种怪怪的衣服出场哈? |
[01:51] | What about, uh… uh, | 那么 那么…呃 |
[01:52] | Abbott and Costello? | 雅培和科斯特洛 你总听说过吧? 注:类似的双人秀 |
[01:54] | “Hey, Abbott!” | “嘿 雅培!” |
[01:57] | Or, uh… or, uh, Martin and Lewis? | 那个 呃…那个 马丁和刘易斯 你肯定知道吧? |
[01:59] | “Hey, lady, with the flavin’ and the mavin’ and the wow.” “Hey, lady, with the flavin’ and the mavin’ and the wow.” | |
[02:07] | Three Stooges? “Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.” | 活宝三人组呢? “Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.” |
[02:13] | Whoa, what… why are we stopping? | 喔 干嘛…干嘛停车了? |
[02:16] | Oh, a wise guy… | 噢 一个明事理的人… |
[02:21] | Okay, I don’t mind the good-natured brotherly punching, | 好了 兄弟间善意地打打闹闹无所谓 |
[02:24] | but you did not have to twist my nipples. | 但是你不应该拽我的乳头 |
[02:27] | You’re lucky I didn’t rip them off and feed them to you. | 我没把它们拽下来 塞进你嘴里 都是你命好了 |
[02:31] | Um, you know, if you… | 唔 如果你… |
[02:32] | if you really have to go to the bathroom, there’s, uh… | 如果你要去上厕所 厕所就在… |
[02:34] | there’s one right down the hallway. | 走廊尽头就有一个 |
[02:35] | What’s wrong with the one in your office? | 你办公室里的那个不能用? |
[02:36] | Uh, it’s not really for guests. | 这个不是随便给客人用的 |
[02:38] | Neither is my house. | 我房子也不是随便住的 |
[02:40] | Um, you know, I think we’re out of paper towels. | 呃 我记得好像没有厕纸了 |
[02:42] | I’ll wipe my hands on you. Get out of the way. | 那我就往你身上擦 别挡道 |
[02:48] | Morning, Dr. Harper. | 早上好 哈珀医生 |
[02:50] | Morning, Melissa. | 早上好 梅丽莎 |
[02:52] | Hello, Melissa. | 你好 梅丽莎 |
[02:57] | You rat bastard. | 差点就被你骗了 |
[03:28] | The bathroom is down the hallway on the right. | 厕所就在走廊尽头的右边 |
[03:30] | Good to know. | 懒得理你 |
[03:32] | Hi, I’m Charlie, Alan’s brother. | 嗨 我是查理 艾伦的哥哥 |
[03:34] | -Nice to meet you. -Nice to meet you, too. | -见到你很高兴 -见到你 我也很高兴 |
[03:36] | Thought you had to tinkle. | 我还以为你尿急呢 |
[03:38] | Go away. | 滚蛋 |
[03:40] | So, how long you been working for my baby brother? | 你为我弟弟工作多久了? |
[03:44] | About six months. | 差不多6个月了 |
[03:45] | Wow, he’s been keeping you a secret for six months? | 挖无 他都把你藏了6个月了? |
[03:51] | Charlie, can I talk to you for a minute? | 查理 能跟你说句话不? |
[03:53] | There’s no reason to thank me for the ride again, Alan. | 没必要再为我送你来而感谢我了 艾伦 |
[03:56] | Mi Mercedes, su Mercedes. | 我的大奔就是你的大奔 |
[04:00] | It’s what brothers do when one is vastly more fortunate than the other. | 哥哥比弟弟有钱嘛 这是我应该做的啦 |
[04:06] | Seriously, we need to talk. | 我是认真的 我们得谈谈 |
[04:10] | Excuse us. | 失陪一下 |
[04:14] | Charlie, she is the best receptionist I have ever had. | 查理 她是我雇到的最棒的 一个接待员 |
[04:16] | I’m hoping to say the same. | 我也是这么想的 |
[04:19] | Come on, Charlie, please do not crap where I work. | 行行好吧 查理 别在我上班的地方给我添乱了 |
[04:21] | Hey, you crap where I live. | 嘿 你还在我住的地方拉屎呢 |
[04:24] | So tell me about her. | 跟我介绍一下她 |
[04:26] | There’s nothing to tell. She’s a… she’s a terrific employee. | 没啥可说的…她是 她是一个绝佳的雇员 |
[04:28] | She does my scheduling, my books. My patients love her. | 她帮我安排时间表 整理书籍 我的病人都爱死她了 |
[04:31] | She keeps the whole operation running like clockwork, | 她使这间诊所顺利按时运作 就跟闹钟发条一样 |
[04:33] | and she does it all for crappy pay and no benefits. | 干了这么多活儿 要的工资却很少 还没要津贴 |
[04:38] | So you’re not hitting that? | 那么你没有搞过她了? |
[04:40] | No, I’m not hitting that. | 没 我没搞过 |
[04:42] | And even if I were hitting that, I wouldn’t use the phrase, “hitting that.” | 而且就算我搞过她 我也不会用 “搞她”这个词 |
[04:45] | It’s a violent image for a beautiful act. | 你这是用一个暴力词汇 来形容一个美妙行为 |
[04:47] | Yeah, yeah… so the coast is clear? | 是了是了… 这么说 你没上过她咯? |
[04:49] | No, the coast is not clear. | 不是 海边一点都不干净 |
[04:51] | The coast is foggy and strewn with dangerously pointy rocks. | 海边总是雾蒙蒙的 到处都是尖尖的石头 |
[04:55] | Can I get either of you a cup of coffee? | 你俩要来杯咖啡不? |
[04:58] | -Sure. -No. | -好呀 -不用了 |
[05:00] | No for both of us. Please leave. | 我们俩都不要了 你快走吧 |
[05:02] | All right. | 好吧 |
[05:04] | -Bye, Melissa. -Bye, Charlie. | -拜拜 梅丽莎 -拜拜 查理 |
[05:06] | Hope I see you again. | 真希望能再见到你 |
[05:08] | Oh, you’ll see me tonight when I come back to pick up your boss. | 噢 我晚上来接你们头儿的时候 你就能见到我了 |
[05:12] | Oh, oh, no, Charlie, Charlie, | 噢噢 不用了 查理 查理 |
[05:13] | you don’t have to make that long drive. I’ll take the bus. | 这么大老远的就不麻烦你了 我坐公车 |
[05:16] | I thought there were no buses. | 我还以为没有直达公车呢 |
[05:17] | If I have to, I’ll charter one. | 如果有必要 我就增设一个专线 |
[05:20] | Why don’t I just give you a ride home? | 我送你回家怎么样? |
[05:23] | Oh, that is so sweet of you. | 噢 你真是太贴心了 |
[05:25] | You got a real gem here, Alan. | 你这金屋里还真藏着娇呢 艾伦 |
[05:28] | Tell you what, when you get him home, | 当你送他到家 在我阳台上 |
[05:31] | there will be a cold margarita waiting for you out on my deck. | 会有一杯冰镇玛格丽塔留给你 |
[05:35] | Which overlooks the ocean. On the beach. In Malibu. | 一间在马里布的海景洋房 |
[05:41] | That sounds wonderful. | 听起来很不错 |
[05:43] | It’s really not: it’s chilly, damp, and covered with pelican poop. | 其实不是的 那里又冷又潮 到处都是鹈鹕的便便 |
[05:47] | That’s why he’ll never win the Malibu slogan contest. | 这就是他从来都没有赢过 马里布标语竞赛的原因 |
[05:52] | See you tonight, Melissa. | 今晚见 梅丽莎 |
[05:54] | Bye, Charlie. | 拜拜 查理 |
[05:55] | Have a great day, bro. | 祝你工作顺利 弟弟 |
[05:56] | -I hate you. -I hate you, too. | -我恨你 -我也恨你 |
[06:00] | Gee, your brother is really cute. | 神呀 你哥哥真的好帅耶 |
[06:02] | As a bug. | 就会捣乱 |
[06:06] | Bathroom? | 厕所在哪里? |
[06:07] | Oh, let me give you the key. | 噢 我把钥匙给你吧 |
[06:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:15] | You’re very welcome. | 不用谢 |
[06:18] | You are a doll. | 你真好 |
[06:20] | You are cute. | 你真帅 |
[06:28] | She’s actually a doll. | 她还真是个洋娃娃 |
[06:33] | I wonder if she’s anatomically correct. | 我真想知道她有没有人类女子该有的东西 |
[06:47] | Who’s the Smurf? | 那个蓝精灵是谁? |
[06:51] | The Smurf is my receptionist. | 那个蓝精灵是我的接待员 |
[06:54] | You’re letting Charlie hit that? | 你就让查理搞她? |
[06:57] | Okay, look, first of all, that is a very ugly phrase. | 好了 我要说 首先 这个词真的是相当的不雅 |
[07:00] | And second of all, I’m not letting him. | 其次 不是我让 |
[07:01] | I mean, short of drugging him | 我是说 除了给他下药 |
[07:03] | and dumping him in the woods, what can I do? | 然后丢到树林子里 我还能怎么做? |
[07:05] | Yeah. He is like an Alabama bloodhound once he gets a whiff. | 恩 他鼻子喷气的时候就跟一个 阿拉巴马警犬一样 |
[07:12] | Now it’s just a matter of waiting until it blows up in my face. | 他的喷的气吹到我脸上 也只是时间问题了 |
[07:16] | And after it blows up in my face, it will then circle around and bite me in the ass. | 朝我的脸喷完气之后 就会绕到我背后 咬我屁股 |
[07:21] | That’s me. No face, no ass. | 这就是我 没脸也没屁屁 |
[07:25] | Well, that’s what you get when you mix work and personal. | 这就是你没搞清工作和私生活的后果 |
[07:28] | Which is why me and Charlie have always kept | 这就是我和查理一直坚决把 |
[07:30] | everything strictly professional. | 我们的关系保持在事业层面上的原因 |
[07:34] | Yeah, yeah, I’ve often wondered about that. | 是 是 我时常想不通呢 |
[07:37] | When I first started to work here, | 我第一次来这里工作的时候就 |
[07:40] | I laid down the law: looky, no touchy. | 定下了准则”只许看不许摸” |
[07:47] | Yipes. | 相当对 |
[07:50] | All right, I’ll make you another, but you got to promise not to chug this one. | 好吧 我再给你调一杯 但是你得保证不要一口气喝完了 |
[07:54] | Promise! | 我保证! |
[07:58] | What a fun gal. | 这个女孩真风趣 |
[08:01] | Charlie, do you know how hard it is to find a decent receptionist? | 查理 你知道找一个体面的接待员 有多么难吗? |
[08:04] | Well, kudos, bro, you did a great job. | 那是 你真棒 兄弟 干得好 |
[08:07] | Thank you, and I-I really don’t want to lose her. | 谢谢 我…我真的不想失去她 |
[08:10] | Why would you lose her? | 你为什么会失去她? |
[08:11] | Oh, gee, I don’t know. | 偶滴神 不晓得咧 |
[08:12] | Maybe because my brother intends to defile and discard her like a warm melon. | 或许是我的哥哥想把她当作一个 温软的甜瓜 搞完就丢 |
[08:17] | A warm melon? | 温软的甜瓜? |
[08:19] | Nothing. | 当我没说 |
[08:21] | Anyway, my point is that you’re gonna leave her with bad memories | 其实 我要说的是 你会给她 留下痛苦的记忆 |
[08:25] | that can only be erased by removing herself from | 而消除这种记忆的方法就是远离 |
[08:27] | anything that reminds her of you– | 一切能够让她想起你的东西 |
[08:29] | like me. | 比如说我 |
[08:30] | Is that what you’re worried about, Bunky? | 你就担心这个吗 想太多先生? |
[08:33] | Yes, that’s what I’m worried about. | 当然 我当然是担心这个 |
[08:34] | What did you think I was worried about? | 那你以为我担心什么? |
[08:35] | What else would I be worried about? | 我还要担心什么? |
[08:38] | Well, let’s see. | 那好 让我们想想 |
[08:39] | Your receding hairline, | 你越来越靠后的发际 |
[08:40] | your semi-literate son, your budding man-boobs. | 傻乎乎的儿子 逐渐发育的男性乳房 |
[08:44] | But that’s just off the top of my head. | 这画面想都不敢想 |
[08:46] | Charlie, please, I am begging you. | 查理 求求你了 算我求你了 |
[08:47] | Look, I understand your concerns, but it’s not like that. | 听着 我理解 但是事实不是这样的 |
[08:50] | I think Melissa is terrific. | 我觉得梅丽莎完美极了 |
[08:52] | You always think they’re terrific. | 你哪次不觉得人家完美了 |
[08:53] | They’re terrific before. | 没搞人家的时候 人家完美 |
[08:54] | They’re terrific during. | 正在搞人家的时候 人家也完美 |
[08:55] | It’s the after when the crying and the quitting start. | 我说的是等哭泣和分手开始之后 |
[08:58] | Why is it always about you? | 干嘛我总要想着你? |
[09:00] | Aren’t I entitled to some happiness? | 我就不能乐一乐? |
[09:03] | You’ve had your share of happiness. | 你乐的还不够吗 |
[09:06] | You’ve had your share of happiness, my share, everybody’s share. | 你帮我 帮所有人都乐完了 |
[09:09] | You’ve sucked the marrow of happiness from the… bones of… | 你把快乐的骨髓从骨头里吸出来… |
[09:14] | Oh, just leave her alone, won’t you? | 噢 你不搞她 会死吗? |
[09:19] | Alan, you don’t have to worry. | 艾伦 你不用担心的 |
[09:21] | You’re thinking about the old Charlie, | 你还认为我是以前那个查理 |
[09:23] | the old-hump-’em-and-dump-’em, one-track-mind Charlie. | 那个搞完就丢 只为自己的查理 |
[09:25] | Oh, oh, right, uh, the old Charlie from way back this morning. | 噢噢 对了 今天早上的那个查理 |
[09:30] | I’m serious. I honestly want to start building a relationship. | 我是认真的 我真的是想开始 一段认真的感情了 |
[09:33] | -Really? -Yeah. | -真的? -是呀 |
[09:34] | Get to know someone, let her get to know me, | 了解别人 也让别人了解我 |
[09:37] | have something in common before we jump into bed. | 在上床之前 找到一些共同点 |
[09:39] | Wow, I’m impressed. | 喔 真不敢相信 |
[09:41] | That I’m growing up? | 我终于成熟了? |
[09:42] | No, that you can so easily lie to my face. | 才不是 是你当着我的面说谎 居然都不脸红 |
[09:46] | You’ll see. | 你马上就会知道了 |
[09:47] | It’s gonna be different with Melissa. | 跟梅丽莎这次不同 |
[09:49] | I’m gonna take my time, form a friendship, bond emotionally, | 我要细水长流 建立友谊 情感上的结合 |
[09:53] | and then and only then, take it to the next level. | 到那时 也只会到那时 才会走下一步 |
[09:56] | 98 minutes later… | 98分钟以后… |
[09:59] | Oh, Charlie! | 噢 查理! |
[10:05] | You schmuck. | 你个大骗子 |
[10:14] | Morning, Dr. Harper. | 早上好 哈珀医生 |
[10:19] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[10:21] | I like your jammies. | 我喜欢你的睡衣 |
[10:24] | Thank you, I, uh, I like your… thank you. | 谢谢 我喜欢你的… 谢谢 |
[10:30] | Guess you’re kind of surprised to see me, huh? | 我猜你见到我有点吃惊吧? |
[10:32] | Yeah, shocked. | 非常震惊 |
[10:34] | Well, I hope you know it is not the kind of thing I usually do– | 我希望你明白我通常不这么做… |
[10:38] | you know, hop into bed with a fella zippity-quick. | 跟个男的急匆匆的跳上床 |
[10:42] | It’s really none of my business. | 这真不关我的事 |
[10:43] | Well, I don’t. | 我不是那种人 |
[10:45] | But Charlie is so sweet and special. | 但查理那么贴心又特别 |
[10:48] | Yep, he’s a treasure. | 他真是个宝贝 |
[10:52] | Yeah, and this works out well for you. | 而且这事对你也有好处 |
[10:55] | Really? Uh, how do you figure? | 真的? 怎么会? |
[10:57] | Since your car is still in the shop, we can carpool to and from work. | 既然你的车还在修 我们可以一起上下班 |
[11:02] | I see. So, so you’ll be coming back? | 我明白了 这么说你还要回来? |
[11:05] | Oh, yeah. | 那是 |
[11:06] | Charlie asked me to stay the weekend. | 查理邀请我在这儿过周末 |
[11:10] | -No kidding. -Yeppers. | -当真? -那是 |
[11:12] | We really made a connection… | 我们真的心有灵犀 |
[11:14] | and it is not just physical. | 不仅仅是身体上的 |
[11:17] | Although the physical part is amazing. | 尽管身体接触也棒极了 |
[11:21] | Again, none of my business. | 再次重申 不关我事 |
[11:23] | It is like I have known him all my life. | 感觉像是我已经认识他一辈子了 |
[11:26] | I know the feeling. You get over it. | 我明白那感觉 你得克服一下 |
[11:30] | Hey, baby. | 早 宝贝 |
[11:31] | Hey yourself. | 你也早 |
[11:36] | -Do I smell toast? -You do. | -我闻到的是烤面包吗? -没错 |
[11:38] | Would you like a slice? | 想来一片吗? |
[11:40] | I can put butter and jelly on it. | 我可以给你涂上黄油和果冻 |
[11:41] | Oh, d\j vu. | 似曾相识啊 |
[11:43] | Stop it. You’re terrible. | 别闹 你太坏了 |
[11:49] | Sorry, Dr. Harper. | 对不起 哈珀医生 |
[11:52] | That’s okay. I wasn’t even listening. | 没关系 我都没在听 |
[11:56] | I’m going to take a shower. | 我要去洗个澡 |
[11:57] | Hit the road in about 20 minutes? | 20分钟后开路? |
[12:00] | -I thought you were going to call in sick. -Shush. | -我以为你要请病假 -嘘 |
[12:02] | He’s kidding. | 他开玩笑的 |
[12:04] | It’s okay. 20 minutes is fine. | 没关系 20分钟没问题 |
[12:06] | Great. | 太好了 |
[12:10] | Alan, you know me as a cynical man, | 艾伦 你知道我是个愤世嫉俗的人 |
[12:14] | but in just one night that little pixie has melted this cold, lonely heart. | 但这个小精灵只用了一晚上 就融化了我这冰冷孤寂的心 |
[12:31] | You don’t say. | 是吗 |
[12:33] | You may not believe me, but there is something going on here, | 你可能不信我 但确实有变化发生了 |
[12:36] | and I really want to thank you for bringing her into my life. | 我真要感谢你把她带进了我的生活 |
[12:39] | I may not believe you? | 我要不信你呢? |
[12:41] | You know what? Fine. Think what you want. | 知道吗? 随便吧 随你怎么想 |
[12:44] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go play Paul Bunyan takes a shower in Tiny Town. | 不介意的话 我要去玩大巨人 到小人国洗澡的游戏了 |
[12:55] | Sorry we’re running late. | 抱歉我们要迟到了 |
[12:57] | That’s all right. | 没关系 |
[12:59] | Shower lasted a bit longer than I planned. | 澡洗的比原计划长了点儿 |
[13:05] | Yeah, well, uh, that happens. | 这种事时有发生 |
[13:08] | I got to tell you, I am just crazy about your brother. | 跟你说 我太迷恋你哥哥了 |
[13:12] | Swell. Hope it works out. | 太好了 但愿一切顺利 |
[13:17] | How is a guy like that still single? | 这么好的人怎么会至今单身? |
[13:22] | Well, he’s always been a bit of a butterfly, | 他一直像个蝴蝶 |
[13:25] | you know, fluttering through life, hard to pin down. | 在花丛中飞来飞去 安定不下来 |
[13:29] | And being a fall-down drunk is kind of a speed bump for some of the ladies. | 对某些女士来说 烂醉如泥的 大酒鬼跟个减速器没啥区别 |
[13:33] | You’re such a jokester, Dr. Harper. | 你真爱开玩笑 哈珀医生 |
[13:37] | Either that or put a gun in my mouth. | 要不放把枪在我嘴里试试 |
[13:40] | Oh, listen, on the way home tonight, | 听着 今晚回家的路上 |
[13:42] | we have to swing by my apartment so I can get some clothes for the weekend. | 我们得拐到我公寓去一下 我得拿些衣服好过周末 |
[13:46] | And I’m gonna need a little extra time for lunch today. | 我今天午休需要多点儿时间 |
[13:49] | I want to buy some sexy lingerie… | 我想买些性感内衣… |
[13:51] | for you know. | 你也知道原因 |
[13:54] | I do. | 我知道 |
[13:56] | Can I pick you up anything? | 要我帮你带点儿什么吗? |
[13:59] | Yeah, yeah, um, ear plugs would be nice, um, and that gun I mentioned. | 给我带个耳塞吧 还有我刚才提到的那把枪 |
[14:05] | Nothing special. | 没啥特别的 |
[14:07] | I’m only going to use it just the once. | 我只会用到一次 |
[14:18] | -Hi, Jake. -Hey, got to hit the crapper. | -嗨 杰克 -嗨 得赶紧撒泡尿 |
[14:23] | You must be Judith. | 你一定就是朱迪丝 |
[14:25] | I’m sorry. Do I know you? | 对不起 我认识你吗? |
[14:26] | I’m Melissa, Dr. Harper’s receptionist. | 我是梅丽莎 哈珀医生的接待员 |
[14:29] | We talk on the phone all the time. | 我们一直在电话里说话 |
[14:31] | Oh, right, Melissa. It’s so nice to finally meet you. Alan! | 对 梅丽莎 很高兴终于见面了 艾伦! |
[14:35] | Oh, oh, hey, hey, hi, uh, hi, Judith, this is Melissa. Melissa, Judith. | 嗨 朱迪丝 这是梅丽莎 梅丽莎 这是朱迪丝 |
[14:39] | It’s not what it looks like. Charlie’s doing her, not me. | 事情不是你想的那样 是查理跟她有一腿 不是我 |
[14:44] | And, uh, where is Charlie anyway? | 那查理到底是去哪儿了? |
[14:46] | Taking a nap. | 打盹呢 |
[14:47] | He says I drain him. | 他说我把他榨干了 |
[14:50] | Isn’t that adorable? | 可爱吧? |
[14:53] | Adorable, disturbing, whatever. | 可爱 烦人 随便吧 |
[14:56] | Uh, thanks, I’ve got this. | 谢谢 我来就行了 |
[14:59] | -Your brother and your receptionist? -What do you want from me? | -你哥哥跟你的接待员? -我有什么办法? |
[15:02] | Th-The Volvo’s in the shop, he twisted my nipples and peed in my office. | 沃尔沃送去修了 他拧了我的乳头 还在我办公室里撒尿 |
[15:05] | What? | 什么? |
[15:06] | I’m not thrilled about this either, but what can I do? | 我也超不爽 但我还能怎么办? |
[15:08] | You could think about the effect these shenanigans have on your adolescent son. | 你该考虑下这场闹剧 对你未成年儿子的影响 |
[15:12] | Okay, you know what, Judith? I have enough problems. | 知道吗 朱迪丝? 我问题够多的了 |
[15:14] | If you’re not comfortable leaving Jake here for the weekend, then take him home. | 如果你不爽杰克在这儿过周末 尽管把他带回家去吧 |
[15:18] | Nice try, Alan. | 干得好 艾伦 |
[15:28] | You think Uncle Charlie and Melissa are coming down for lunch? | 你觉得查理伯伯跟梅丽莎 会下来吃午饭吗? |
[15:31] | I doubt it. | 我表示怀疑 |
[15:34] | Can I have their chicken? | 我能把他们的鸡肉吃了吗? |
[15:36] | Knock yourself out. | 尽情吃吧 |
[15:42] | You know how you always say I can ask you anything? | 记得你一直跟我说 什么都可以问你吧? |
[15:45] | Yeah? | 嗯? |
[15:46] | Is them being together weird for you? | 他俩好了 你不觉得不合理吗? |
[15:47] | No, no. | 不 不觉得 |
[15:48] | Well, you’re a better man than I. | 你做人比我强多了 |
[15:54] | How so? | 为什么这么说? |
[15:55] | Well, you remember when Uncle Charlie was hittin’ my fifth grade teacher? | 记得查理伯伯跟我 五年级时的老师乱搞吗? |
[15:58] | Okay… | 好吧… |
[16:00] | can we please stop calling it “hittin'”? | 我们能不能不说”搞”? |
[16:02] | Well, I got another word, but I don’t think you’re going to like it. | 还有另一个词 但我觉得你也不会喜欢的 |
[16:09] | Fine, fine, then I, uh, I do remember when he was… | 好吧 我确实记得他… |
[16:13] | hitting your fifth grade teacher. | 搞过你五年级时的老师 |
[16:15] | That kind of bugged me. | 那事让我很火大 |
[16:17] | Well, I’m, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:18] | I mean, don’t you think there should be boundaries? | 你不觉得该有个界限吗? |
[16:20] | I do think that. | 我确实这么认为 |
[16:22] | But I thought you said it’s not weird that he’s hittin’ your receptionist. | 但你刚才说他跟你的接待员乱搞 你没觉得不合理 |
[16:25] | Ah, uh, w… uh, well, pal, um, the thing is, um, Daddy lied. | 伙计 事实上… 你老爸撒谎了 |
[16:32] | Oh, then it is weird for you? | 那实际上是不合情理喽? |
[16:33] | Yes, yes, it is weird for me. | 对 我确实觉得很不合情理 |
[16:35] | Are you jealous? | 你嫉妒吗? |
[16:36] | Uh, no, no. | 不 才没有 |
[16:37] | ‘Cause I was a little bit jealous about Miss Pasternak. | 我那时有点嫉妒他跟帕斯捷尔纳克小姐 |
[16:41] | She had a rockin’ bod. | 她身材超赞 |
[16:44] | Eat your chicken. | 吃你的鸡 |
[16:51] | Melissa? We, uh, need to get a move on. | 梅丽莎? 我们得走了 |
[16:54] | A lot of traffic what with the rain and all. | 下着雨路就更不好走了 |
[16:56] | -We need a minute, Alan. -Oh, God. | -就一分钟 艾伦 -天呐 |
[17:00] | What can they do in a minute that they didn’t do all weekend? | 一分钟都能干的事 整个周末都干嘛了? |
[17:04] | You are just a selfish son of a bitch and you can go right to hell! | 你这个自私的狗杂种 直接去死吧! |
[17:10] | Sorry, Dr. Harper. I’ll be in the car. | 对不起 哈珀医生 我在车上等你 |
[17:19] | Well… that could have gone better. | 呃… 本该发展得更好点儿的 |
[17:22] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[17:23] | I thought it might take longer than 48 hours, but I knew it. | 我以为这次会超过48小时呢 但我就知道行不通 |
[17:27] | A little sensitivity would be appreciated. I’m hurting here. | 你稍微同情一下 我就感激不尽了 我这儿正受伤呢 |
[17:30] | I’m sure a lot of that is friction burn. | 我敢肯定大部分都是摩擦烧伤 |
[17:35] | Where does that come from? | 怎么这么说? |
[17:37] | Where does it come from? | 怎么这么说? |
[17:38] | It comes from a long history of you using my life as a specimen cup. | 就凭你一直都把 我的生活当成个尿杯 |
[17:43] | Excuse me, but you’re still talking about the old Charlie. | 对不起 但你还在跟 以前那个查理说话 |
[17:47] | This Charlie was hoping to have a relationship of substance and depth. | 现在的查理希望有一段 有内涵有深度的感情 |
[17:50] | By locking a stranger in your room and hittin’ it for two days straight? | 就把个陌生人关在屋里搞了整整两天? |
[17:56] | Okay, mea culpa. | 好吧 我的错 |
[18:00] | Change is hard. | 改变很难的 |
[18:03] | And now that I’m hearing it, I agree with you. | 我听你说了之后 我同意你的意见了 |
[18:06] | Hittin’ it is an ugly term. | “搞”确实是个恶心词 |
[18:08] | Don’t change the subject. What happened? | 别改变话题 怎么回事? |
[18:10] | Nothing. | 啥都没 |
[18:14] | I just said to her that maybe we should slow things down, see other people. | 我只是跟她说或许我们该 放慢脚步 跟别人约约会 |
[18:18] | Wait, y-y-you said this after the two days? | 等等 你两天后才这么说? |
[18:21] | How could I know beforehand? | 我之前怎么能知道? |
[18:24] | I thought you’d be happy. | 我以为你会高兴的 |
[18:26] | You didn’t want me to go out with her in the first place. | 你一开始就不想让我跟她约会 |
[18:28] | Yes, but it’s no longer the first place. It’s the last place. | 但现在不是一开始了 现在是最后一刻 |
[18:32] | What can I tell you, Alan? | 我能说什么 艾伦? |
[18:33] | I made a mistake. | 我犯了个错 |
[18:35] | I rushed to love. | 我坠入爱河太匆忙了 |
[18:37] | No, no, your mistake was you rushed to love my receptionist, | 不 你错在匆忙地跟我的接待员坠入爱河 |
[18:42] | the woman who I depend upon to run my business. | 跟那个我工作上很倚赖的女人 |
[18:44] | Oh, she’s a good kid. | 她是个好孩子 |
[18:45] | She’ll get over it. | 她会好起来的 |
[18:49] | You hear that? You hear that? | 你听见了吗? 你听见了吗? |
[18:51] | Does that sound like a woman who’s getting over it? | 这像是个会好起来的女人吗? |
[18:52] | Well, Alan, the wounds are fresh. | 艾伦 刚受的伤 |
[18:55] | You’re going to need to be patient. | 你得有点儿耐心 |
[18:57] | Why should I have to be patient? | 我为啥要有耐心? |
[18:59] | Well, you have to work with her. | 你还得跟她一起工作 |
[19:03] | And it sounds like you’d better get going. | 听起来你最好赶紧走了 |
[19:06] | Sure you don’t want to come back to my office and hump my fax machine? | 确定你不想再来趟我办公室 搞搞我的传真机? |
[19:11] | You still have a fax machine? | 你还有传真机? |
[19:14] | You’re despicable. | 你太卑鄙了 |
[19:16] | -Alan, wait. -What? | -艾伦 等等 -干嘛? |
[19:18] | Let me make it up to you. | 让我补偿你吧 |
[19:20] | How could you possibly make it up to me? | 你怎么可能补偿得了我? |
[19:22] | Well, I’m guessing she won’t be inclined to bring you back here tonight. | 我想她今晚不会再载你回来了 |
[19:26] | So why don’t you take a cab and I’ll pay for it? | 你干嘛不打个车 我来付账? |
[19:30] | Thanks. That makes up for everything. | 谢谢 一切都得到补偿了 |
[19:34] | I’m talking cab, not Town Car. | 我说的是出租车 不是林肯车 |
[19:39] | Oh, man. | 哦 伙计 |
[19:41] | Break-ups are so hard. | 分手太困难了 |
[19:50] | I do have a little friction burn. | 我确实有点儿摩擦烧伤 |
[20:01] | That miserable son of a bitch. | 那个该死的狗杂种 |
[20:03] | Might want to extend your brake zone on the wet roads. | 湿滑路面上最好拉大点儿车距 |
[20:06] | -I’m so stupid. -No, no, no, no, you are not stupid. | -我太蠢了 -不不不 你不蠢 |
[20:09] | You’re, you’re a dear, sweet, remarkably bright… | 你是个可爱 贴心 非常聪明的… |
[20:11] | Truck, truck–watch out for the truck. Watch out for the truck. | 卡车 卡车… 注意那辆卡车 注意那辆卡车 |
[20:20] | -I want a raise. -Sure, sure. | -我要加薪 -当然 当然 |
[20:22] | -And health insurance. -That’s a given. | -还有医疗保险 -那是应该的 |
[20:24] | I-I can’t believe you don’t have it already. | 不敢相信你还没有 |
[20:25] | and the paid vacation. | 还有带薪假期 |
[20:26] | Now hanging on,you’re just…Oh two weeks two weeks. | 等等 你只是… 两周 两周 |