时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I can’t believe you’ve been going to gym all this time without a jockstrap. | 真不敢相信你上这么久体育课了 连个运动短裤都没买过 |
[00:05] | I don’t like it. It feels like I’m flossing my butt crack. | 我不喜欢那个 感觉就像用牙线剔我的股沟 |
[00:08] | Based on what I’m paying your dentist, you know nothing about flossing. | 基于我在你的牙医身上花的钱 你对牙线问题才啥也不懂 |
[00:13] | Think of it as a bra for your balls. | 把这想象成给你蛋蛋戴胸罩好了 |
[00:15] | Oh,now I want one. | 噢 现在我想要了 |
[00:19] | What size are you? | 你穿多少码的? |
[00:20] | How should I know? | 我怎么知道? |
[00:22] | I think they have one of those measuring things. | 我觉得店里应该有帮量尺寸的 |
[00:24] | You know,like at the shoe store. Length,width. | 就跟鞋店那种 量个长宽高的 |
[00:28] | He’s kidding,right? | 他是扯的 对不? |
[00:29] | Yes,he’s joking, | 恩 他逗你玩呢 |
[00:32] | Don’t do that. | 吓死我了 |
[00:34] | Here,”teen.” | 给你 “青少年型” |
[00:37] | Think you can fit your junk into that? | 你觉得你的屁股能塞得进去? |
[00:38] | I’ll make it fit. Let’s just go. | 不行就硬塞 走吧 |
[00:40] | No,no,put it on over your pants. We’ll take a look. | 不要嘛 你就放在裤子上比量一下 一看就知道了 |
[00:43] | The heck you will. | 你放 我就放 |
[00:45] | Charlie,you’re embarrassing him. | 查理 你让他难堪了 |
[00:46] | Of course I am. That’s why I came. | 那当然啦 你以为我来干嘛的 |
[00:49] | -Oh,sorry,sorry. -Excuse me. | -噢 不好意思 不好意思 -让一让 |
[00:51] | -Charlie Harper? -Where? He owes me money. | -查理 哈珀? -哪里? 他欠我钱呢 |
[00:55] | Miss Pasternak? | 帕斯捷尔纳克老师? |
[00:56] | Jake! Wow,look at you. Look how much you’ve grown. | 杰克! 挖无 快看看 你都这么大了 |
[01:00] | I reached puberty. | 我到青春期了 |
[01:02] | Oh,right,Miss Pasternak, fifth grade, | 噢 原来是帕斯捷尔纳克老师 |
[01:04] | Woodward Avenue Elementary School. | 伍德沃德大道小学的五年级老师 |
[01:06] | Oh,yeah, Miss Pasternak! | 哦 原来是帕斯捷尔纳克老师! |
[01:10] | Oh,yeah, Miss Pasternak. | 噢 是帕斯捷尔纳克老师啊 |
[01:13] | So,are you still teaching? | 你还当老师吗? |
[01:14] | No. No,I’m not. How are you,Charlie? | 不 不 不了 你最近怎样 查理? |
[01:16] | Good,good. Nice to see you. Long time. You look terrific. | 很好很好 很久没见到你了 真开心哈 你现在漂亮极了 |
[01:19] | -Guess who’s wearing a jock. -Oh,how nice. | -猜猜谁要穿运动短裤了 -噢 真好 |
[01:21] | Well,it’s great to see you all. Good-bye. | 很高兴遇到大家 再见 |
[01:25] | Bye,Miss Pasternak. | 再见 帕斯捷尔纳克老师 |
[01:27] | -Dodged a bullet there. -I’ll say. | -轻松过关 -我就知道 |
[01:30] | She was kind of shook up after I broke it off with her. | 我跟她分手以后 她好像有点神志失常 |
[01:33] | Kind of shook up? She went banas and bit the gym teacher. | 有点? 她就像是得了失心疯一样 还咬了一个体育老师 |
[01:36] | Where? | 在哪? |
[01:37] | In the gym. | 体育馆里 |
[01:40] | You miserable son of a bitch! | 你个狗娘养的! |
[01:41] | I gave you my heart, I gave you my soul, | 我为你付出了一切 感情 |
[01:43] | I gave you my body and you just threw me aside like I was some piece of garbage! | 身体 而你却像丢垃圾一样 把我丢在一边! |
[01:48] | Yeah,my bad. | 好吧 我的错 |
[01:51] | So,what’s new? | 近来咋样呀? |
[01:52] | Oh,you want to catch up? Yeah,sure,let’s catch up. | 哦 你想叙旧?那好 我们就来叙旧 |
[01:54] | Let’s see,um,well,okay, after you dumped me, I had a nervous breakdown. | 让我想想 自从你把我甩了 我就崩溃了 |
[01:59] | Well,it sure looks like you bounced back. | 现在看起来你挺过来了嘛 |
[02:02] | And then after my breakdown, I got fired and blackballed from teaching. | 我崩溃了以后 就被解雇了 从此再也不能当老师了 |
[02:07] | bummer. | 真可怜 |
[02:09] | So,what are you up to now? | 那你现在做什么工作呢? |
[02:10] | I’ll tell you what I’m up to now. | 我来告诉你我现在处境如何 |
[02:12] | I lost my house,I’m living in a cheap motel, | 我的公寓被收回了 我住在一家廉价的汽车旅馆 |
[02:14] | and my new career is giving lap dances to strangers | 我的新工作是给陌生人跳膝舞 |
[02:17] | while I’m swinging by my crotch | 每天晚上我的屁股无数次摇晃着 |
[02:19] | on a pole eight times a night. | 触碰着那些男人的小弟弟 |
[02:21] | Have you considered an athletic supporter? | 你就没想过要来点专业的提臀裤? |
[02:26] | Okay,well, thanks for thepdate. | 好啦 谢谢告诉我你的近况 |
[02:28] | Nice seeing you. Move,move,move. | 遇见你很高兴 快走 快走 快走 |
[02:30] | You ruined my life, Charlie Harper! | 你毁了我的一生 查理 哈珀! |
[02:32] | Righto. Bye. | 是就是吧 再见咯 |
[02:33] | We didn’t pay for the jockstrap. | 这运动短裤还没付钱呢 |
[02:34] | Just keep walking. | 快走就是了 |
[02:35] | How can you live with yourself, y | 你怎么还能安心过好日子呢? |
[02:37] | ou horrible evil man? | 你这个没良心的恶劣男人! |
[02:40] | He drinks. | 酗酒呗 |
[03:13] | What are you watching? | 你在看啥呢? |
[03:14] | The Food Network. | “美食”频道 |
[03:15] | I’m learning how to prepare a cinnamon-apple cobbler. | 我在学做肉桂苹果派 |
[03:18] | Tired of being at the mercy of the dealers,huh? | 整天吃外卖都烦了 是吧? |
[03:22] | What? | 什么? |
[03:23] | Nothing,nothing. | 没事 没事 |
[03:25] | Listen,I think I owe you an apology. | 我想我应该跟你道个歉 |
[03:28] | For what? | 为啥? |
[03:29] | You know,this morning in the drugstore? | 就是今天在药店的事情? |
[03:31] | Oh,yeah,the jockstrap jokes. Youshouldbe sorry. | 噢 那个 你拿我的运动短裤开玩笑 的确应该跟我道歉 |
[03:35] | No,not the jockstrap jokes. | 才不是 不是运动短裤的玩笑 |
[03:37] | Those were funny. I stand by those. | 那个搞笑死了 爱都来不及呢 |
[03:41] | I meant the run-in with your old teacher. | 我是说偶遇你以前的老师的事情 |
[03:43] | You probably shouldn’t have seen that. | 真不该让你承受这些 |
[03:45] | I’ve seen worse. | 更糟的我都见过呢 |
[03:46] | Remember the Pilates instructor | 还记得那个把点着的交通信号火炬 |
[03:48] | who threw the lit road flare through your bedroom window? | 从窗户里丢进你房间的普拉提教练不? |
[03:51] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[03:51] | That was awesome. | 帅呆了 |
[03:54] | That’s one word for it. | 也可以这么说啦 |
[03:55] | Oh,and remember the dental hygienist | 还记得那个给你屁股打了无数针 |
[03:57] | who shot your ass up full of Novocain? | 奴佛卡因的牙科保健员不? 注:奴佛卡因:局麻药 |
[04:00] | I do. | 当然 |
[04:01] | That was so funny. You kept falling off the toilet. | 搞笑死了 你连马桶都坐不稳 |
[04:05] | Yeah,good times. | 是呢 美好时光 |
[04:08] | What do you do that gets these women so pissed off at you? | 你到底干了什么 让这些女的 对你都这么不爽? |
[04:12] | It’s hard to say exactly. | 很难说清楚 |
[04:14] | I guess when a guy has an intimate relationship… | 我想当一个男人亲近… |
[04:16] | Oh,remember the girl from the tanning salon who tried to shoot you with a bow and arrow? | 噢 还记得那个想用弓箭射你的 美黑中心女孩不? |
[04:21] | Yeah,Jake. | 记得 杰克 |
[04:23] | My point is,I was wrong in the way I treated those women, | 我是想说 我这么对这些女的是不对 |
[04:26] | and you should learn a lesson from my mistakes. | 你应该从我的错误中吸取教训 |
[04:29] | You mean like keep a fire extinguisher by your bed? | 你是说 要记得在床边放一个灭火器? |
[04:33] | Sure,that’s one lesson. | 那可以算是其中一个吧 |
[04:34] | And whenever a dental hygienist drops a quarter, | 不管什么时候 一个口腔保健员 |
[04:36] | never bend over to pick it up? | 钱掉的时候 千万不要弯腰去捡? |
[04:38] | Yeah,that,too. | 好吧 这也算 |
[04:40] | And never go to a Halloween party | 千万不要跟一个打扮成罗宾汉的女孩 |
[04:42] | with a girl dressed as Robin Hood? | 一起去万圣节晚会? |
[04:44] | The thing is,Jake, you wouldn’t have to learn any of these lessons | 其实 杰克 如果一开始你就对这些 女生好一点的话 |
[04:47] | if you always treated women better in the first place. | 你说的这些教训都不用吸取了 |
[04:50] | I’m confused. If I don’t have to learn them, | 我晕 如果我都不用吸取这些教训 |
[04:52] | why are you bothering me with them? | 你干嘛还拿这些来烦我? |
[04:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:05] | I’m sorry to take up your valuable time. | 不好意思 耽误你宝贵的时间了 |
[05:10] | What the heck was that all about? | 神叨叨的说什么呢? |
[05:21] | Guess what? | 猜猜怎么着? |
[05:23] | Turns out my kid’s jockstrap is too small. | 事实证明我儿子的运动短裤太小了 |
[05:27] | Good news,eh? | 好消息吧? |
[05:29] | Yeah,terrific. | 恩 无敌的好 |
[05:31] | Alan,let me ask you something. | 艾伦 我问你个问题 |
[05:33] | Do you think I’m a horrible, evil person? | 你觉得我是个没良心的臭男人不? |
[05:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:38] | What? You are. | 干嘛?你本来就是 |
[05:40] | Thanks a lot. | 谢谢夸奖哈 |
[05:41] | Well,you know,not intentionally evil. | 其实 你也不是有意为恶的 |
[05:43] | I mean,you know, is a tornado evil when it picks up a mobile home | 我是说 龙卷风把一间活动房屋 |
[05:46] | and flings it into an orphanage? | 刮到孤儿院里 就能说这是它的错吗? |
[05:50] | Is a shark evil when it eats some poor schmuck on a boogie board? | 鲨鱼吃了几个冲浪的傻B 就能说人家是恶鱼咩? |
[05:54] | Is a flesh-eating virus evil when it attacks… | 食肉病毒攻击了几个… 就能说它不好吗? |
[05:57] | I get it,I get it,I get it. | 我懂了 我懂了 我懂你的意思了 |
[05:59] | I’m a malevolent force of nature. | 我是自然的不可抗力之恶 |
[06:01] | Pretty much. | 差不多就是这个意思 |
[06:04] | Is this about what happened with Jake’s old teacher today? | 是不是今天遇到杰克以前的老师让你 深思至此了? |
[06:07] | She said that I ruined her life. | 她说我毁了她的一生 |
[06:10] | Well,she did choose to sleep with you. | 如果她没跟你上床 |
[06:13] | How much of a life could she have had in the first place? | 那她原来的生活也不咋地吧? |
[06:16] | Don’t try to make me feel better. | 别安慰我了 |
[06:19] | Because of me,the woman lost her teaching career, | 就因为我 她失去了当老师的机会 |
[06:22] | and now she’s dancing in this skeevy club in Van Nuys | 现在她只能在范奈司一家 卖身酒吧里当舞娘 |
[06:26] | and living in some fleabag motel. | 夜宿廉价汽车旅馆 |
[06:27] | How do you know what club she works at? | 你怎么知道她在哪家夜店上班的? |
[06:30] | The clubs have Web sites, the Web sites have pictures. | 那家夜店有网站 网站上有图片 |
[06:32] | It’s not rocket science. | 这又不是造火箭的科技 (用不着藏着掖着的) |
[06:35] | Her dancing name is Desiree Bush. | 她做舞娘的艺名叫德西蕾 布什 |
[06:39] | Certainly more colorful than Delores Pasternak. | 的确比德洛丽丝 帕斯捷尔纳克这个名字 要醒目得多 |
[06:42] | And presidential to boot. | 还能跟总统沾点边 |
[06:45] | I gotta tell you, I’m feeling a little guilty. | 我觉得 我有点内疚了 |
[06:49] | Does that surprise you? | 这让你很吃惊? |
[06:50] | No,what surprises me is the liquor isn’t helping. | 才不 让我吃惊的是酗酒不管用了 |
[06:54] | It just beads up on the guilt and rolls right off it. | 反而让内疚感越滚越大了 |
[06:59] | Oh,come on, this can’t be the first woman who had a nervous breakdown, | 喔 得了吧 这肯定不是第一个 因为你而精神崩溃的 |
[07:03] | lost her job and wound up taking her clothes off for horny strangers because of you. | 失去工作 沦落到给色迷迷老男人 脱衣服的女人啦 |
[07:08] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[07:12] | But it’s never bothered me before. | 但是以前这烦不着我的 |
[07:15] | Well,maybe you’re finally developing a conscience. | 也许 你是良心发现了吧 |
[07:20] | At long last realizing that your actions | 这么长时间以来 你的行为 |
[07:23] | have consequences for other people. | 让其他的许多人都尝到了苦果 |
[07:25] | Don’t talk down to me, Jiminy Cricket. | 别想让我良心发现 小蟋蟀 注:即皮诺曹的良心的一面 |
[07:28] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[07:30] | But you’re right. | 但是你说的对 |
[07:31] | I do need to take responsibility for the damage I’ve caused. | 我得为我犯下的错误负点责任了 |
[07:34] | Where you going? | 你要去哪里? |
[07:36] | Where else? Strip club. | 还能是哪儿? 脱衣舞夜店咯 |
[07:40] | Wait up. I’ll drive. | 等等 我来开车 |
[07:50] | Good Lord, she’s quite the gymnast. | 偶滴神 她的动作还真是高难 |
[07:54] | I know. | 可不是 |
[07:55] | I never understood why this isn’t in the | 我一直弄不明白为啥这个没被选为 |
[07:57] | Olympics and synchronized diving is. | 奥运会项目 双人跳水却被选上了 |
[08:00] | Hey,honey,when’s Miss Bush come out? | 嘿 靓女 布什小姐啥时候上台呀? |
[08:05] | Whenever Ben Franklin comes out. | 本·富兰克林出来的时候吧 (这位误以为说的是布什总统) |
[08:07] | I mean Desiree Bush. | 我是说德西蕾 布什 |
[08:09] | She’s around here somewhere. | 就在附近吧 |
[08:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:14] | How come she’s not taking her clothes off? | 她怎么就不脱衣服呢? |
[08:16] | Because this is a bikini club. | 因为这里是比基尼夜店 |
[08:18] | What’s a bikini club? | 什么是比基尼夜店? |
[08:20] | Hard liquor,no nipples. | 只有烈酒喝 没有咪咪看 |
[08:23] | Man,I could’ve stayed home and seen no nipples. | 靠 我在家不也看不到咪咪嘛 |
[08:31] | Hey,there she is. | 嘿 她在这呢 |
[08:34] | Miss Pasternak. | 帕斯捷尔纳克老师 |
[08:37] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你妈的来这儿干嘛? |
[08:39] | I just wanted to talk to you. | 我只是想告诉你 |
[08:41] | Yeah,well,I’m working, | 是了 我在上班呢 |
[08:42] | so unless you want a private dance, I got no time. | 所以除非你要来 一对一舞 要不我就没时间 |
[08:44] | -I don’t need a dance. -Then you get lost. | -我不是来看跳舞的 -那你就滚蛋 |
[08:46] | No,no,wait,wait,wait. | 不要 不要 等等 等等 |
[08:48] | Alan needs a dance. | 艾伦想看来着 |
[08:49] | -Oh,no,I don’t,I-I… -I’m buying. | -噢 不 我 我… -我付钱 |
[08:51] | Do you mind if I take my belt off? | 我能把我的皮带解开不? |
[08:53] | So anyway, I just wanted to tell you | 是这样的 我只是想告诉你 |
[08:56] | that I’m really sorry for the way that I ended it, | 我上次那样就跟你分手 真是很抱歉 |
[08:58] | and if there’s anything I can do to make it right, just let me now. | 如果有什么我能作为补偿的 现在就请告诉我 |
[09:04] | What can you do for me,Charlie? | 你能补偿我什么 查理? |
[09:06] | Well,maybe I can help you get back on your feet. | 兴许 我能帮助你重新自立自强 注:本意为”站起来” |
[09:09] | Oh,oh,not yet,not yet. | 噢 现在还不行 还不行 |
[09:11] | Are you gonna get me my house back? | 你能把我的房子要回来不? |
[09:14] | Are you gonna do that? | 你可以不? |
[09:15] | Ooh,doggies! | 噢 爽歪歪! |
[09:19] | Well,no. | 不行 |
[09:21] | My parents have disowned me. | 我爸妈不要我了 |
[09:23] | Are you gonna fix that relationship? | 你能让我们和好吗? |
[09:26] | I’m not real good with parents. | 对付爸妈我不在行 |
[09:28] | Uh,excuse me,I’ve gotta, I’ve gotta readjust. | 不好意思 我要 我要重新调整一下 |
[09:32] | I’m playing ring toss with my car keys. | 我的车钥匙硌到我了 |
[09:36] | What then? Are you gonna get me my teacher’s license back? | 那你能做什么? 你能帮我把教师执照拿回来? |
[09:39] | I wish I could. | 我希望我可以 |
[09:40] | Okay,I’m all set. We can continue. | 好了 我准备好了我们继续 |
[09:42] | Alan,this doesn’t concern you. | 艾伦 没你的事 |
[09:44] | At this point,it kinda does. | 现在貌似就是我的事 |
[09:46] | Come on, hop on Pop. | 快点 过来摇摆吧 |
[09:51] | Thank you! | 谢谢! |
[09:53] | What if there was a way for you to go back to teaching | 如果有一种方法能让你回去当老师 |
[09:56] | that didn’t require a license? | 却不需要教师执照呢? |
[09:57] | What are you talking about? | 这话是什么意思? |
[09:59] | Private tutoring for a special-needs child. | 为一个有特殊需要的孩子做家教 |
[10:01] | Oh,oh,Charlie, don’t drag him into this. | 噢 噢 查理 别把他也扯进来 |
[10:03] | Why not? | 为什么不呢? |
[10:04] | She’s a good teacher, and if his grades go any lower, | 她是个好老师 如果他成绩再差点儿 |
[10:06] | we’ll have to start renting him out as a speed bump. | 我们就得把他当个减速器租出去 |
[10:10] | Tutoring? Yeah,I don’t know. | 家教? 我不知道 |
[10:13] | I’ll match what you’re making here. | 你在这儿赚多少我就给你多少 |
[10:15] | Is it okay with you,Alan? | 你觉得这样好吗 艾伦? |
[10:17] | Oh,yes,yes,yes! | 很好 很好 很好! |
[10:24] | Okay,it’s a deal. | 好吧 就这么定了 |
[10:25] | Oh,thank you,thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[10:28] | Now come on,teach. | 来吧 老师 |
[10:29] | I’ll buy you a drink and we’ll toast your new career. | 我给你买杯喝的 为你的新事业干杯 |
[10:31] | Great. | 好极了 |
[10:32] | O-Okay. | 好… 好吧 |
[10:35] | I’ll,uh,I’ll catch up with you guys later. | 我… 一会儿见 |
[10:40] | Where’s my belt? | 我腰带呢? |
[10:48] | Let me get this straight. | 让我把这事搞搞清楚 |
[10:50] | She was his fifth grade teacher, | 她之前是他五年级的老师 |
[10:52] | and then she became a stripper because you dumped her, | 然后你甩了她 她就成了脱衣舞女 |
[10:55] | and now she’s his tutor because you felt guilty? | 现在因为你觉得内疚 她就是他的家教了? |
[10:58] | Pretty much. | 差不多 |
[10:59] | And you approved? | 你还同意了? |
[11:01] | He caught me at a weak moment. | 他们趁我不备把我给坑了 |
[11:03] | Well,who am I to judge? | 我哪有资格说别人? |
[11:05] | I almost traded one of my kids for a riding lawn mower. | 我差点儿拿我的一个孩子 换台乘式割草机 |
[11:11] | I’m sorry,but I’m still confused. | 对不起 但我还是不明白 |
[11:13] | Oh,boy. | 噢 天呐 |
[11:16] | Okay,um… | 好吧… |
[11:18] | let’s look at it this way. | 那这么说吧 |
[11:19] | How about if you make $40 a dance. | 比方说你跳一支舞能赚40块 |
[11:22] | If you want to find out how much you can earn per hour, | 如果你想搞清楚每小时能赚多少 |
[11:24] | you have to solve forxdtimes 40, X being the number of dances you can do in an hour. | 你得算出Xd乘40是多少 X代表你一小时能跳几支舞 |
[11:30] | -What about tips? -That’s a variable. | -那小费怎么算? -那是个变量 |
[11:33] | I get it–so the money you kick back to the house is… | 我明白了… 那你交给 俱乐部的钱就是… |
[11:36] | -The constant! -The constant! | -常量! -常量! |
[11:38] | Good for you. | 真不错 |
[11:39] | That’s a good start. | 这是个不错的开始 |
[11:41] | Yeah,it was. You make learning fun. | 确实 你让学习有趣多了 |
[11:43] | -Where you going? -Take a shower. | -你去哪儿? -去洗个澡 |
[11:50] | Guys,we’re done! | 伙计们 我们下课了! |
[11:55] | So,how’d it go? | 怎么样? |
[11:56] | Oh,a little slow. | 进展有点慢 |
[11:57] | He’s not exactly the quicker picker upper. | 他不是那种一点就通的孩子 |
[12:00] | Well,that’s why he needs you. He’s kind of an idiot. | 所以才要你教嘛 他差不多是个白痴 |
[12:03] | Yeah,uh, I wasn’t gonna say anything, but wow. | 我本来不想说的 但他确实… |
[12:09] | -So,we’ll see you tomorrow,then? -Great. | -那明天见了? -好的 |
[12:12] | Charlie,thank you. | 查理 谢谢你 |
[12:14] | For what? | 干嘛谢我? |
[12:16] | Well,you’ve given me back something I lost a long time ago. | 你还给了我丢失已久的东西 |
[12:21] | I gave it back? How did I give it back? | 我还给你了? 我怎么还给你了? |
[12:24] | My self-respect. | 我的自尊 |
[12:26] | Oh,sure,that youcanget back. | 对 你可以找回来的 |
[12:32] | And you haven’t even tried to hit on me. | 你都没试着跟我调情 |
[12:33] | No. And I don’t intend to. | 对 我没这个打算 |
[12:35] | I just want to see you get your life together again. | 我只是想看到你重新振作起来 |
[12:38] | Boy,I’ve hated you for so many years. | 我恨了你那么多年 |
[12:40] | I’m starting to think maybe I was wrong. | 我开始觉得自己可能错了 |
[12:42] | No,no,no,you’re were right–this is new for me. | 不 不 不 你是对的… 现在的是全新的我 |
[12:45] | Well,I like this Charlie. | 我喜欢现在的查理 |
[12:48] | He’s got a big heart. | 他有一颗善良的心 |
[12:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:53] | Desiree,wait. | 德西蕾 等一下 |
[12:55] | Instead of going back to that motel, why don’t you stay here? | 别回汽车旅馆了 你干嘛不住这里? |
[12:58] | No strings–just until you can get a real apartment. | 没附加条件的… 直到你能租间像样的公寓 |
[13:01] | Where would I sleep? | 那我睡哪儿? |
[13:03] | You can have the guest room. | 你可以住客房 |
[13:04] | Well,where would Alan sleep? | 那艾伦睡哪儿? |
[13:06] | If there was any justice, at the bottom of a ravine. | 要是有天理的话 他该住山沟底下 |
[13:14] | I can’t believe you gave her my room. | 真不敢相信你把我的房间给她了 |
[13:17] | I can’t believe you’re still calling ityourroom. | 真不敢相信你还管那叫”你的房间” |
[13:20] | How long is this gonna last? | 这得持续多久? |
[13:22] | Just until she gets back on her feet. | 直到她找到住的地方 |
[13:24] | Oh,please, that’s a load of crap. | 拜托 那都是废话 |
[13:25] | That’s what I said to you six years ago. | 我六年前就是这么跟你说的 |
[13:29] | You’ve been heresixyears? | 你都在这儿住了六年了? |
[13:33] | I’ll just go make up the couch. | 我去收拾一下沙发 |
[13:38] | Story of my life. | 这就是我的生活 |
[13:40] | No boner goes unpunished. | 有错必罚 |
[13:55] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[13:59] | I was lying in bed alone, and I had an epiphany. | 我一个人躺在床上 上帝显灵了 |
[14:05] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[14:08] | It suddenly became clear to me why you came back into my life. | 我忽然一下就明白了 你为什么回到了我的生活中 |
[14:12] | Why? | 为什么? |
[14:14] | The Lord sent you. | 上帝派你来的 |
[14:17] | TheLord? | 那个 上帝? |
[14:18] | Yes. He sent you to save me from my sinful ways. | 对 他派你把我从罪孽中解救出来 |
[14:23] | -He did? -Yes. | -真的? -是的 |
[14:26] | I really don’t think he’d sendme. | 我觉得不是他派我来的 |
[14:28] | I’m more of a recruiter for the other side. | 我更像是另一方的招募员 |
[14:31] | It’s not for us to question his will. | 我们不能质疑他的意愿 |
[14:33] | Come,come,let’s pray together. | 来 来 我们来一起祈祷 |
[14:35] | -Now? -Yes,now,while the spirit is with us. | -现在? -对 圣灵正与我们同在 |
[14:37] | Can I pee first? | 能先嘘嘘下吗? |
[14:39] | There’ll be plenty of time to pee in Heaven. | 天堂里有的是时间嘘嘘 |
[14:42] | There’s peeing in Heaven? | 天堂里还需要嘘嘘? |
[14:49] | Weird,us both being on our knees at the same time,huh? | 真奇怪 我们同时都跪着呢 |
[14:55] | I’m just saying. | 就随便说说 |
[15:01] | -Morning. -Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[15:03] | -Morning. -Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[15:04] | -How’d everybody sleep? -Fine. | -大家睡得怎么样? -还好 |
[15:05] | -Fine. -Lousy. | -还好 -糟透了 |
[15:09] | So,listen… | 听着… |
[15:11] | we might have a little problem with Miss Pasternak. | 我们可能跟帕斯捷尔纳克小姐有点儿麻烦 |
[15:13] | Oh,Charlie,you didn’t. | 查理 你不是吧 |
[15:15] | No,I didn’t. | 不 我才没有 |
[15:16] | Why do you always believe the worst of me? | 你干嘛总把我往最坏处想? |
[15:18] | Because you’re a horrible, evil person. | 因为你是个糟糕又邪恶的人 |
[15:20] | I thought we established that. | 我以为我们已经达成共识了 |
[15:23] | I’ll tell you what happened. | 告诉你怎么回事吧 |
[15:24] | Last night,I was upstairs, sleeping alone, minding my own business… | 昨晚 我在楼上一个人睡觉 想着自己的事… |
[15:28] | Good morning,sinners. | 早上好 罪人们 |
[15:32] | Oh,what a glorious day to bask in the forgiveness of our Lord. | 多美好的一天啊 沐浴在上帝的宽恕之中 |
[15:42] | Jake,I have wonderful news. | 杰克 我有好消息 |
[15:45] | From now on, as part of each lesson, | 从现在起 作为每节课的一部分 |
[15:47] | we’re gonna spend time casting demons out of you. | 我们要点花时间为你驱魔 |
[15:49] | It’s the Devil that’s making him stupid. | 是魔鬼让他变得愚蠢 |
[15:55] | I told you it wasn’t my fault. | 跟你说了不是我的错 |
[15:57] | Uh,uh,Miss Pasternak, while I’m thrilled that you’re helping Jake with his schoolwork, | 帕斯捷尔纳克小姐 你为杰克 辅导功课 我非常感动 |
[16:01] | I’m not sure an exorcism is really called for. | 我不确定是不是真该提倡驱魔 |
[16:05] | Do you want your son to go to hell,Alan? | 你想让你儿子下地狱吗 艾伦? |
[16:07] | Depends. | 看情况了 |
[16:08] | Do they have a college prep program? | 他们有大学预科课程吗? |
[16:11] | Eternal damnation is no laughing matter. | 永世受罚可不是笑料 |
[16:14] | I know–I’ve been married twice. | 我知道… 我结过两次婚 |
[16:22] | You think you have to wear a jockstrap in hell? | 地狱里还要穿运动短裤吗? |
[16:23] | Yes,but not your own. | 对 但不是穿你自己的 |
[16:27] | Anyway, I just came down to tell you all it’s time to get dressed for church. | 总之 我是来告诉你们 是打扮下去教堂的时候了 |
[16:31] | Uh,uh,gee, uh,thanks for the invite, but,uh,Sunday is kind of our “me” day. | 哎呀 多谢邀请 但周日是我们的”个人”时间 |
[16:37] | Sunday’s not a “me” day, it’s a “he” day. | 周日不是”个人”时间 是”上帝”时间 |
[16:40] | And he will strike down the blasphemers and the disbelievers | 他会暴怒不已 血债血偿 |
[16:43] | with fury and blood-soaked vengeance! | 打倒一切亵渎者和非信徒! |
[16:49] | So,chop-chop,washy-washy. | 快点快点 准备出发 |
[16:55] | I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Boy,can I pick ’em. | 我以前说过 再说一遍 我有什么办法 |
[17:03] | * Bringing in the sheaves * | * 收禾捆回家 * |
[17:05] | * Bringing in the sheaves * | * 收禾捆回家 * |
[17:08] | * We shall come rejoicing Bringing in the sheaves * | * 我们喜乐满怀 禾捆带回来 * |
[17:12] | * Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in…* | * 收禾捆回家, 收…* |
[17:16] | -Dad? -What? | -老爸? -怎么了? |
[17:18] | I promise I’ll work really hard in school if you can just get rid of her. | 你要是能摆脱她 我发誓到学校一定好好学习 |
[17:22] | A little religion isn’t gonna kill you. | 一点儿宗教信仰害不了你 |
[17:24] | Oh,really? What’s your definition of “blood-soaked vengeance”? | 是吗? 你怎么理解”血债血偿”的? |
[17:29] | * Bringing in the sheaves * | * 收禾捆回家 * |
[17:32] | * Bringing in the sheaves * | * 收禾捆回家 * |
[17:34] | * bringing in the sheaves * | * 收禾捆回家 * |
[17:36] | * We shall come rejoicing * | * 我们喜乐满怀 * |
[17:38] | Why you looking at me like that? | 干嘛那么看着我? |
[17:40] | I just don’t want to miss it when you burst into flames. | 我可不想错过你手足无措的样子 |
[17:43] | * Bringing in the sheaves * | * 收禾捆回家 * |
[17:45] | * We shall come rejoicing…* | * 我们喜乐满怀…* |
[17:48] | Isn’t this a beautiful little church,Charlie? | 多可爱的小教堂啊 查理? |
[17:51] | Oh,yeah,it’s great. | 对 棒极了 |
[17:53] | Listen,I thought maybe after the service, | 我想弥撒之后 |
[17:55] | you and I could drive around and look for a nice apartment for you. | 我们可以去转转 给你找个像样的公寓 |
[17:58] | Oh,God doesn’t want us to separate,Charlie. | 上帝不想让我们分开 查理 |
[18:02] | He brought you back into my life so that we could be together for all eternity. | 他把你重新带回到我的生活 所以我们要生生世世在一起 |
[18:08] | Um,are those his words or yours? | 这是上帝说的 还是你说的? |
[18:12] | He speaks through me. | 他借我之口说的 |
[18:15] | Oh,okay. Um,to whom am I talking now? | 好吧 那我现在是跟谁说话呢? |
[18:23] | It’s time for the special blessing. Come on,everyone, let’s go. | 到特别祈福的时间了 大家来吧 我们走 |
[18:27] | Right behind you. | 你先请 |
[18:30] | Come on,come on,come on. Blessing time, blessing time. Come on. | 来吧 来吧 祝福时间到 来吧 |
[18:34] | Is this the kind of church where they hand out those little crackers? | 这是那种会分发小饼干的教堂吗? |
[18:37] | I’m hungry. | 我饿了 |
[19:01] | Relax. It’s just us. | 别紧张 就我俩 |
[19:06] | Why is your hair all wet? | 你怎么头发都湿了? |
[19:08] | They tried to drown me. | 他们想淹死我 |
[19:10] | No,they didn’t. | 没 他们才没有 |
[19:11] | He managed to get himself baptized. | 他让自己受洗了 |
[19:13] | How’d that happen? | 怎么回事? |
[19:15] | People were lining up. I thought there was food. | 人们排起了队 我以为在发吃的 |
[19:18] | Even after they took your clothes and gave you a white robe? | 他们脱了你的衣服 给了你白色的长袍 你还这么想? |
[19:20] | I figured maybe we were getting ribs. | 我以为大概是要吃排骨吧 |
[19:26] | So where’s Berta? | 贝塔呢? |
[19:27] | She took a shine to the organ player and stayed for the senior potluck brunch. | 她看上了拉风琴的 留下来参加高级便餐会了 |
[19:31] | So there was food. | 真有吃的呢 |
[19:34] | I knew I wasn’t crazy. | 我就知道不是我傻 |
[19:37] | Aren’t you at all concerned about what happened to Miss Pasternak? | 你就不关心帕斯捷尔纳克小姐怎么样了? |
[19:40] | Of course I’m concerned. | 我当然关心了 |
[19:41] | I tried to hide,didn’t I? | 我闪先了 好吧? |
[19:45] | After she realized that you had dumped her yet again, she had a little bit of a meltdown. | 她意识到你又把她甩了之后 有点儿崩溃(溶解)了 |
[19:50] | There was more to melt? | 还有可溶的? |
[19:52] | She was dripping through the cone when she left the house. | 她离开夜店的时候 最后一滴都被吸干了 |
[19:56] | She grabbed all the bills out of the collection plate and started grinding on the minister. | 她把奉献盘里的钱全拿走了 一步步向牧师逼近 |
[20:01] | Okay. No harm,no foul. | 没动真格的 就不算数 |
[20:03] | How do you figure? | 你怎么知道的? |
[20:05] | That’s how we found her,right? | 我们见她时就那样 对吧? |
[20:07] | Dry-humping for dollars. | 为了钱靠着人乱蹭 |
[20:10] | What happened to all your guilt about ruing her life? | 你毁了她生活的内疚哪去了? |
[20:13] | Oh,I still got it. | 我还内疚着呢 |
[20:15] | I’m just learning to live with it. | 我只是学会了如何正确应对 |
[20:18] | You’re unbelievable. | 你太不可思议了 |
[20:19] | Oh,come on. I tried to do the right thing. | 拜托 我想干回好事 |
[20:22] | My intentions were good. | 我本意是好的 |
[20:24] | That’s the funny thing about you. | 这是你很有意思的一点 |
[20:26] | Doesn’t seem to matter what your intentions are. | 不管你的本意如何 |
[20:29] | Good,bad or indifferent, everyone around you ends up suffering. | 好坏都无关紧要 你身边的人最后都会很受伤 |
[20:34] | So it’s not my fault,right? | 所以不是我的错 对吧? |
[20:39] | Right. | 对 |
[20:41] | Come on,I’ll buy you a drink. | 来吧 给你买杯喝的 |
[20:42] | I’m really not in the mood. | 我真没那个心情 |
[20:43] | Oh,relax. It’s all over. | 放松 都结束了 |
[20:47] | Nothing to worry about. | 没什么好担心的了 |