时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Check it out. They got cars that run on vegetable oil now. | 瞧这个 现在都有用植物油的车了 |
[00:04] | How about that. | 那怎么样? |
[00:05] | You know what would be cool? A Hummer that runs on French fry grease. | 知道什么更酷吗? 用炸薯条的油驱动的悍马 |
[00:09] | We could be energy independent and still smash through crap. | 我们就可以能源自给了 而且还是横冲直撞 |
[00:12] | Sounds great. | 听着不错 |
[00:14] | Plus, the new car smell is French fries. | 而且 新车闻起来都是薯条味的 |
[00:17] | Okay, I’m only gonna say this one more time. | 好吧 我只再说一遍 |
[00:20] | You don’t get your license for two more years and you’re not getting a Hummer. | 你还有两年才能拿驾照 而且你没的悍马开 |
[00:23] | You know, you say you want me to open up to you, but what’s the point? | 是你说想让我跟你无话不谈的 到底什么意思啊? |
[00:32] | Yeah, I always loved Paris in the springtime. | 我爱死春天的巴黎了 |
[00:35] | Oh, you’re lucky. | 你真走运 |
[00:36] | I only got to do her once, on Halloween. | 我只在万圣节的时候干过她一次 (巴黎跟帕丽斯 希尔顿同音) |
[00:41] | Oh, hey, Alan. | 嗨 艾伦 |
[00:43] | Andy, this is my brother Alan. Alan, Andy. | 安迪 这是我弟弟艾伦 艾伦 这是安迪 |
[00:45] | -Hello. -Hey, Andy. | -你好 -嗨 安迪 |
[00:47] | Pull up a chair. We’re just telling war stories. | 拿把椅子过来坐吧 我们正在聊战争故事 |
[00:49] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[00:51] | -The sponge? -Yeah. | -吃闲饭的? -对 |
[00:54] | So, uh, how do you guys know each other? | 你们俩是怎么认识的? |
[00:58] | -Well, Andy and I—Can I have a cigar? | -安迪和我… -我能来根雪茄吗? |
[01:03] | -Sure, help yourself. -Thank you. | -当然 自己拿吧 -谢谢 |
[01:06] | Anyway, Andy and I have known each other– | 总之 安迪和我认识… |
[01:08] | Maybe I’ll take one for now and one for later. | 我想拿根现在抽 再拿根一会儿抽 |
[01:15] | Anyway, before he moved to New York, Andy and I were partners in crime. | 总之 他搬去纽约之前 安迪和我是”犯罪搭档” |
[01:21] | There weren’t that many actual crimes. | 其实也没真犯什么罪 |
[01:22] | Unless you count the ones against nature. | 除非你算上违反自然规律的那些个事 |
[01:26] | Alan, this is a great man. | 艾伦 他是个了不起的人 |
[01:28] | No, no, Albert Einstein was a great man. | 不 不 爱因斯坦才是了不起的人 |
[01:31] | I just drink, gamble and hump. | 我只是吃喝嫖赌 |
[01:33] | But I’m great at it. | 但我很在行 |
[01:36] | Andy once managed to hitchhike from Vegas to L.A., wearing no pants. | 安迪曾成功从维加斯搭便车到洛杉矶 是没穿裤子的哦 |
[01:41] | Hey, anybody can use their thumb. | 谁都能伸出大拇指拦车 |
[01:45] | This right here, this is the brother I never had. | 他就在眼前 他就是我一直想要的兄弟 |
[01:49] | Oh, well, how nice for you. | 那恭喜你啊 |
[01:52] | I don’t mean it that way. | 我不是那个意思 |
[01:54] | -You’re my brother. -Well, thank you. | -你是我兄弟 -谢谢 |
[01:56] | I just like him better. | 我只是更喜欢他 |
[02:00] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[02:01] | Andy is the one guy in the world that can match me drink for drink and broad for broad. | 安迪是世界上唯一能拼酒打炮 跟我不分上下的人 |
[02:05] | In fact, the one time I thought I drank him under the table, | 实际上 有一次我以为把他灌得 醉到桌子底下去了 |
[02:07] | it turned out he had a broad under there. | 结果他是在下面搞小妞呢 |
[02:10] | Right, Andy? | 是吧 安迪? |
[02:14] | Andy? | 安迪? |
[02:17] | Don’t screw with me, dude. | 别闹了 伙计 |
[02:24] | Who’s your favorite brother now? | 现在谁是你最喜欢的兄弟? |
[02:40] | So, he died right out there in the chair, huh? | 他就死在外面的椅子上了哈? |
[02:42] | Yep. | 对 |
[02:44] | Remind me to flip that cushion. | 提醒我抖一下那个垫子 |
[02:48] | You should’ve seen it, Berta. | 你真该看看的 贝塔 |
[02:49] | The paramedics zipped him up in a big plastic bag. | 医务人员把他装进一个大塑料袋里 拉上了拉链 |
[02:52] | Is that so? | 是吗? |
[02:53] | It looked like one of those things the delivery guys use to keep pizza hot. | 就像送外卖的用来给披萨保温的东西 |
[02:57] | I wonder if they got him to the morgue in 30 minutes or less. | 我想他们是不是在半小时时限内 把他送到太平间了 |
[03:03] | Not funny, Jake. | 一点儿都不好笑 杰克 |
[03:05] | Maybe it is funny and you just didn’t get it. | 其实挺好笑的 只是你没明白 |
[03:08] | Eat. | 吃你的 |
[03:10] | So, uh, did you know him? | 你认识他吗? |
[03:12] | Andy? Sure. | 安迪? 当然认识 |
[03:14] | Before he moved to New York, he and Charlie were just like brothers. | 他搬去纽约之前 他和查理就像兄弟一样 |
[03:17] | Yeah, I heard that part. | 这我听说了 |
[03:19] | How’s Charlie taking it? | 查理怎么样了? |
[03:20] | He’s pretty shook up. | 他挺受打击的 |
[03:21] | Well, you can understand why. | 可以理解 |
[03:24] | Somebody your age, living the same dumbass lifestyle you live keels over and dies. | 跟你同龄 同样混乱生活方式的人 忽然倒下死了 |
[03:30] | It’s gotta give you pause. | 会给你敲个警钟的 |
[03:33] | You’re right about that. | 你说得对 |
[03:34] | Actually, I’m surprised that Charlie didn’t go first. | 实际上 我很惊讶查理没先死 |
[03:36] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[03:40] | I’m standing right here. | 我就站在这儿呢 |
[03:42] | But for how long? | 但还能站多久? |
[03:46] | Did you get that one? | 那笑话你听懂没? |
[03:49] | I’ll see you later. | 一会儿见 |
[03:50] | Where you going? | 你去哪儿? |
[03:51] | Where do you think? My best friend just died. | 你觉得呢? 我的挚友刚死了 |
[03:54] | I got a lot of things to take care of. | 我有一大堆事情处理 |
[03:56] | You’re handling the funeral? | 你要筹办葬礼? |
[03:57] | I’m sure Andy would like that. | 我想安迪肯定会很高兴的 |
[03:58] | The hell with Andy. | 去他的安迪 |
[03:59] | I’m going to the hospital to get every damn medical test known to man. | 我要去医院 把所有的医学检查都做个遍 |
[04:04] | Good one. | 这个不错 |
[04:06] | You’re not getting any of these, are you? | 这些俏皮话你一点儿都不明白 是吧? |
[04:14] | Hey, how’d the tests go? | 检查结果怎么样? |
[04:17] | I won’t know for a couple of days. | 几天后才能知道 |
[04:19] | All right, I’m outta here. | 好了 我要滚蛋了 |
[04:22] | How about you, Charlie? | 你呢 查理? |
[04:28] | Wait, I got something for you. | 等等 我有样东西给你 |
[04:31] | It’s a gift certificate for a week at a spa in Palm Springs. | 这是到棕榈泉温泉疗养一周的礼券 |
[04:34] | Well, I’ll be. Thank you, Charlie. | 我会去的 谢谢 查理 |
[04:37] | I just wand you to know that I love you and appreciate that you’ve always been there for me. | 我只想让你知道我爱你 感谢你一直照顾我 |
[04:43] | Great, see you in a week. | 好极了 一周后见 |
[04:49] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[04:50] | The minute you start thinking about your mortality, | 你一开始考虑生死亡率 |
[04:52] | you realize how much you care about the people around you. | 就意识到了你是多么关心身边的人 |
[04:55] | Yeah, and I need to start showing it. | 对 我得表示一下我的关心 |
[04:57] | Well, little gifts are always a nice way to express your feelings. | 小礼物一直都是传情的好方法 |
[05:03] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:04] | Could be as simple as a cashmere robe or as extravagant as a new car. | 可以是一件简单的开司米睡衣 也可以是一辆奢华的新车 |
[05:12] | Yeah, I suppose it could. | 我想是的 |
[05:15] | Excuse me, I got something really cool for Jake. | 抱歉 我有样很酷的东西给杰克 |
[05:20] | Doesn’t even have to be new! | 并不一定非是新的! |
[05:22] | Certified pre-owned is still very thoughtful! | 认证二手车也是很贴心的礼物! |
[05:29] | Hey, what are you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[05:31] | I was trying to research cars, but you wouldn’t believe | 我想研究一下车子 你肯定不信 |
[05:33] | what comes up when you Google “Hummer.” | 用谷歌搜”悍马”会出来些什么结果 |
[05:38] | Actually, I would. | 实际上 我信 |
[05:42] | Here, I got you something I think you’re really gonna like. | 来 我给你带了样东西 我想你肯定会喜欢的 |
[05:45] | wich? | 是个三明治吗? |
[05:47] | ***** | 我干嘛要给你三明治? |
[05:49] | ‘Cause you want me to be surprised? | 因为你想给我个惊喜? |
[05:52] | Just open it. | 快打开吧 |
[05:54] | You know what’s a great sandwich? The Monte Cristo. | 知道什么三明治最好吗? 蒙特卡罗三明治 |
[05:57] | ‘Cause it has ham and cheese and it’s fried. | 里面有火腿和奶酪 而且还是油炸的 |
[06:01] | Open the damn box. | 快打开那个该死的盒子吧 |
[06:02] | Whoa, don’t get your period. | 别来气啊 |
[06:07] | Oh, wow, a mini video camera. | 哇 迷你摄影机 |
[06:09] | Pretty cool, huh? | 很酷吧? |
[06:10] | Is this ’cause you think you’re dying? | 是因为你觉得自己快死了吗? |
[06:12] | No, no. I just wanted to do something nice for you. | 不是 我只想对你好一些 |
[06:16] | Before you die. | 在你死之前 |
[06:18] | Do you want the camera or not? | 你到底想不想要摄影机? |
[06:19] | Yeah, I want it. | 我想要 |
[06:20] | Then just say thank you. | 那就说声谢谢 |
[06:21] | Thank you. Geez. | 谢谢 天呐 |
[06:23] | You need to relax. You’ll give yourself a heart attack. | 你得放松下 你会犯心脏病的 |
[06:27] | I’ll work on it. | 我会想办法的 |
[06:28] | Have a sandwich. That always relaxes me. | 吃个三明治吧 那总会让我放松的 |
[06:34] | All right, one more gift to give. | 好了 还有一份礼物要送 |
[06:37] | Oh, yeah? Saving the best for last? | 是吗? 把最好的留到最后? |
[06:42] | I don’t know about the best, but it’s sure the hardest. | 我不知道是不是最好的 但肯定是最难的 |
[06:46] | Any way I can make it easier? | 有什么我能做的让它变简单些? |
[06:48] | Yeah. | 有 |
[06:50] | Call Mom and tell her I’m on my way over. | 给老妈打电话 告诉她我要过去 |
[06:59] | Oh, Charlie, what a beautiful watch! | 查理 多漂亮的表啊! |
[07:03] | Do you really like it? | 你真喜欢它? |
[07:04] | Are you kidding? It’s gorgeous! | 你开什么玩笑? 它棒极了! |
[07:08] | And the best part is now I don’t have to wear my good one every day. | 最妙的是现在我不必 天天戴着我的高级表了 |
[07:15] | Anyway, you’re probably wondering why I bought it for you. | 总之 你可能会想我为什么给你买表 |
[07:18] | Well, I just assumed you love me and did it out of the goodness of your heart. | 我想你是因为爱我 发自内心的由衷之举 |
[07:23] | I’m kidding. Why, dear? | 我开玩笑的 为什么 亲爱的? |
[07:26] | Okay, I deserve that. | 好吧 我活该 |
[07:29] | But the truth is I do love you | 事实上我确实爱你 |
[07:31] | and despite our many differences, I’m glad you’re my mother. | 尽管我们有很多分歧 我很高兴有你当我妈 |
[07:35] | You didn’t drive over here drunk, did you? | 你不是醉醺醺开车来的吧? |
[07:40] | I’m not drunk. I just… | 我没喝醉 我只是… |
[07:43] | I’ve been thinking a lot about how fleeting life is, | 我想了很多 人生易逝啊 |
[07:46] | and that none of us really knows how long we’re gonna be here. | 我们谁都不知道自己还能活多久 |
[07:50] | Did you find another lump on your pee-pee? | 你在小便里又发现结石了? |
[07:55] | No, Mom, my pee-pee’s fine. | 没有 妈 我小便没事 |
[07:58] | I don’t know how “worn down to a nub” can be fine, but all right. | 我不知道”磨出个瘤”怎么会没事 但你说没事就没事吧 |
[08:04] | My point is, I don’t want to be angry with you anymore. | 我的意思是 我不想再生你的气了 |
[08:07] | I want us to be friends. | 我想让我们成为朋友 |
[08:09] | I was always your friend, Charlie. | 我一直都是你的朋友 查理 |
[08:13] | You were just too self-involved to see it. | 你太自我陶醉了没发现而已 |
[08:19] | Okay, I got to go. | 好吧 我要走了 |
[08:22] | Where you off to? | 你要去哪儿? |
[08:23] | I have to pick out a casket for a friend of mine. | 我要去给朋友选个棺材 |
[08:26] | Oh, I’m… I’m so sorry. | 我… 我很抱歉 |
[08:28] | Yeah, well, what are you gonna do. | 还能怎么办呢 |
[08:31] | Don’t cheap out. | 别捡便宜的 |
[08:32] | It’s one thing to do it with a watch, but a casket is forever. | 买个便宜表倒没什么 但棺材可是永远的 |
[08:43] | So young. I can’t believe it. | 他还那么年轻 我真不敢相信 |
[08:47] | Yeah… | 是啊… |
[08:48] | Who’d have thought smoking, drinking and whoring could kill you? | 谁能想到吃喝嫖赌抽会置人于死地? |
[08:53] | You realize that could just as easily be me in there. | 你意识到了没 躺在那儿的很可能是我 |
[08:56] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[08:58] | Don’t even think that. | 你可别这么想 |
[09:02] | It is a nice casket, though. | 但棺材还是很不错的 |
[09:04] | Should be. It cost me ten grand. | 当然不错 花了我一万块呢 |
[09:06] | Ten grand? Wow. | 一万块? 哇 |
[09:08] | What can I say? I take care of the people I love. | 我能说什么呢? 我会照顾我爱的人 |
[09:11] | Could’ve taken care of me with a freakin’ robe. | 买个睡衣来哄我一下都不行 |
[09:17] | Kind of a light turnout. | 出席的人真少啊 |
[09:19] | You’d probably get more people with an open bar. | 要是有免费酒精 来的人可能会多些 |
[09:22] | Hey, make sure there’s an open bar at mine. | 我的葬礼上一定要有免费酒精 |
[09:24] | Oh, now I’m your funeral planner? | 我成了你的葬礼策划人了? |
[09:26] | Don’t you want a friend or someone you really care about in charge of that? | 你不想让朋友或者你真正关心的人 来负责这事吗? |
[09:30] | No, you do it. | 不 你来负责 |
[09:33] | Good afternoon and welcome. | 下午好 欢迎大家 |
[09:36] | We are here to celebrate the life and mourn the passing | 我们在此庆祝生命 缅怀逝者 |
[09:41] | of Andrew Donald Patterson. | 缅怀Andrew Donald Patterson |
[09:44] | How do we measure a man’s life? | 我们如何估量一个人的一生? |
[09:48] | Geez, this guy’s a load. | 老天 这家伙像个醉鬼 |
[09:53] | Don’t get a guy like this for me. | 别给我找个这样的 |
[09:56] | I want someone with a little bit of gravitas. | 我想要个更庄严的人 |
[09:59] | I’ll see if James Earl Jones is available. | 我会看看到时 James Earl Jones有没有空 |
[10:02] | That would be nice. | 那敢情好啊 |
[10:03] | “…a time to die,a time to reap,” | “…死有时 收割有时” |
[10:08] | “a time to sow,a time to mourn…” | “播种有时 哀悼有时…” |
[10:13] | “…a time to heal.” | “…愈合有时” (James Jones本人出演) |
[10:15] | “a time for every purpose under heaven.” | “天堂之下 皆有定时” |
[10:17] | And so we say goodbye to Charles Francis Harper. | 让我们来告别查理 Francis 哈珀 |
[10:21] | Devoted son, loving brother, caring uncle. | 一个孝顺的儿子 亲密的兄长 慈祥的伯父 |
[10:25] | Bon vivant and world-class connoisseur of the booty. | 花天酒地世界级的美臀鉴赏行家 |
[10:32] | Nice turnout. | 人来的还真不少 |
[10:35] | Yeah, man. Standing room only. | 是啊 就剩站的地儿了 |
[10:37] | Goes to show you, give the people what they want. | 由此可见 人家想要什么就成全他吧 |
[10:41] | You mean the open barright? | 你指的是免费酒精 是吧? |
[10:43] | Sure. | 当然 |
[10:48] | Thanks for coming, by the way. | 捎带的说 多谢你造访 |
[10:49] | Well, you came to mine. | 呃 你都来了我的哦 |
[10:51] | Yeah, but you’re dead. | 恩 但是你死了啊 |
[10:53] | Charlie, take a look in the box. | 查理 看看那小盒吧 |
[10:55] | That’s not a tanning booth. | 那可不是荧光晒肤台 |
[10:58] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 是啊 |
[11:00] | So, listen, as long as you’re here–what’s Heaven like? | 既然你来了 天堂里咋样啊? |
[11:04] | It’s unbelievable. It’s paradise. | 太不可思议了 乐园啊 |
[11:06] | Like your house. Before your brother moved in. | 像你家一样 在你弟弟搬进来前的 |
[11:10] | Oh, that was good. | 哦 那时过的确实美啊 |
[11:11] | You can drink all you want and there’s no hangover. | 你想喝多少喝多少 还没有宿醉 |
[11:14] | Endless supply of women, | 无休止的美女送上门来 |
[11:15] | each one more beautiful than the last, and, Charlie, get this: | 每个都比上一个赞 查理 记住了 |
[11:18] | they believe everything you tell ’em. | 无论你说什么她们都信 |
[11:21] | Everything? | 无论什么? |
[11:22] | It’s Heaven, dude. | 那可是天堂啊 老兄 |
[11:27] | Well, save me a good seat. | 那 帮我占个好位置啊 |
[11:28] | I wish I could, but that’s not where they sent me. | 我倒希望啊 但是我可不是被送去那儿了 |
[11:33] | Then how do you know what Heaven’s like? | 那你怎么知道天堂啥样的? |
[11:36] | They make us look at a video every day, | 他们让我们每天都看个视频 |
[11:38] | while they’re putting lube on the pitchfork. | 在他们给”干草叉”上润滑油的时候 (意为地狱里只能搞gay) |
[11:44] | Well, at least you get lube. | 呃…至少还给你润滑油了嘛 |
[11:46] | Only on the little prong. | 恩 但是只给那叉子上 |
[11:50] | To be completely honest, I didn’t know Charlie Harper, | 说句大实话 我并不认识查理 哈珀 |
[11:54] | but any man who, with his dying breath, would set aside $25,000 | 但他在临终前还掏出25000元 |
[12:00] | and a first-class air ticket, so I could deliver his eulogy… | 还给我买了头等舱票 来让我给他念悼词… |
[12:04] | is aces in my book! | 在我看来他就是牛人! |
[12:08] | That being said, uh… | 不管怎样 呃… |
[12:10] | there are many people here today who did know Charlie, | 今天这里还是有很多人认识查理的 |
[12:12] | and perhaps some of them would like to stand up and say a few words. | 也许还有人想站出来讲几句 |
[12:16] | I want to say something. | 我想来两句 |
[12:19] | Hello, everybody. | 大家好 |
[12:21] | Hello, James Earl Jones. | 你好 James Earl Jones |
[12:27] | hey, bro. Don’t get up. | 嘿 老哥 别诈尸啊 |
[12:30] | What can I say about Charlie? | 关于查理我能说啥呢? |
[12:32] | Uh, so many words come to mind–so few that you can say in church. | 呃 好多话涌上心头啊–但大部分都不适合在教堂里说 |
[12:38] | But we’ll give it a shot. | 但咱们来试试吧 |
[12:42] | Charlie was a man of love. | 查理是个有爱的人 |
[12:44] | Um, he loved his friends; he loved his family; | 呃 他爱他的朋友们 他爱他的家庭 |
[12:48] | but, most of all, he loved his penis… | 但是 最重要的是 他爱他的小弟弟… |
[12:53] | the only part of him that ever had an actual job. | 他身上唯一一处有实际功效的部位 |
[12:58] | Well, anyway… | 呃 总之… |
[13:00] | this was a man so full of love that it practically oozed out of him, | 他是个如此有爱的人 以至于这爱都要”溢”出来了 |
[13:05] | at which point, of course, he would see a doctor. | 说到这个 当然 他本该去看看医生的 |
[13:14] | But I kid the deceased whoremonger. | 但我正开这死嫖客的玩笑呢 |
[13:18] | Anyway…since he never made out a will, | 总之…既然他从没留下过遗嘱 |
[13:21] | I hope you will all join me for a wake-slash-luau | 我希望大家都来我在马利布海滩的房子 |
[13:25] | at my Malibu beach house! | 参加守夜烤猪野宴! |
[13:33] | He got my house? | 他继承了我的房子? |
[13:34] | He got everything you had. | 他继承了你的一切 |
[13:35] | Everything? | 一切? |
[13:36] | Well, not the diseased liver and the swollen prostate. | 呃 当然不包括你那破肝和增生的前列腺 |
[13:41] | Oh, look, your old girlfriends are saying their final goodbye. | 哦 瞧 你的前女友们在和你诀别呢 |
[13:52] | That’s not very respectful. | 这也太不尊重人了吧 |
[13:54] | Just FYI–spit is the Devil’s lube. | 顺便提一句–撒旦的润滑油用的就是口水 |
[14:01] | Listen, would you mind recording my answering machine message for me? | 能帮我的答录机录下音不? |
[14:05] | That’ll be an extra $500. | 再多给我500 |
[14:07] | That’s okay. I’m rich now. | 好的 咱现在有钱啦 |
[14:09] | Well, what do you want: “This is CNN” or “Luke, I am your father”? | 那你想要啥呢”这是CNN电台”还是 “Luke 我是你的父亲”? (星战中的台词) |
[14:14] | So, Charlie, it’s been great catching up but I gotta go. | 那查理 叙旧很愉快 但我得走了 |
[14:17] | Already? Can’t you stay awhile? | 这就完了? 不能再呆会儿? |
[14:20] | No. It’s pitchfork time. | 不行啊 是干草叉时间了 |
[14:22] | If you’re late, you don’t get the spit. | 如果迟到了 就连口水润滑都没了 |
[14:26] | And, believe me, Charlie, you want the spit. | 相信我 查理 你想要口水的 |
[14:30] | I want the spit! | 我想要口水! |
[14:46] | Harper. Charlie Harper. It was in a few days ago. | 哈珀 查理 哈珀 几天前来过的 |
[14:51] | I peed in a cup; you took my blood | 我尿在一个小杯子里 你抽了我血 |
[14:53] | and slipped a camera up the heart of darkness. | 给我的肛门还做了内窥镜检查的 |
[14:57] | You know, the doctor said my results would beeady today. | 医生说今天我的结果就出来了啊 |
[15:01] | Fine. Have him get back to me. | 好吧 让他联系我 |
[15:05] | He’s avoiding my calls, Alan. | 他在躲我电话呢 艾伦 |
[15:07] | I’m gonna die. | 我要死了 |
[15:08] | No. No you’re not. | 不 你不会的 |
[15:10] | I can feel it. | 我能感觉得到 |
[15:12] | You might as well just drive into that tree and kill us both. | 不如你开车撞那树上把咱俩都杀了吧 |
[15:16] | Sure. I don’t want to go on living without you. | 是哈 你走了我还真活不下去了 |
[15:21] | What’s the point of it all? | 到底是啥意思啊? |
[15:23] | Yeah, I’m rich, charming, classically handsome. | 确实 我有钱 又有魅力 很正统的帅气 |
[15:28] | I’ve laid more pipe than a guy who has sex with pipes. | 我上过的女人比有些人吃的盐还多 |
[15:34] | But what have I done with my life? | 但我这一生又做了什么呢? |
[15:37] | A few stupid jingles; some kids’ songs–nothing that really matters. | 一些愚蠢的广告曲 儿歌–没什么是真正有意义的 |
[15:42] | Now, now, you’re being too hard on yourself. | 现在啊哈 你对自己太苛刻了哦 |
[15:46] | I’ve got no wife, I’ve got no children… | 我还妻子 没孩子… |
[15:49] | I’m going leave this world the way I came in… | 我怎么来到这世上的就要怎么离开啊… |
[15:52] | By Cesarean section? | 用剖腹产么? |
[15:55] | Alone. | 孤独一人 |
[15:57] | Oh, for God sakes, Charlie, I am tired of listening to this. | 哦 行行好吧 查理 我真是受够了听这些了 |
[16:01] | There has always been one person in your life who’s been there for you and loved you unconditionally. | 你这一生总有个人无条件的爱着你 |
[16:09] | You mean… | 你是说… |
[16:14] | You’re right. | 你说的对啊 |
[16:16] | How could I have missed it? | 我怎么能错过了呢? |
[16:18] | It’s been in front of me the whole time! | 远在天边近在眼前啊! |
[16:19] | Well, you know, sometimes you can’t see the forest for the trees, | 你知道 人有时就是只见树木 不见森林啊 |
[16:22] | even when the forest is in your own backyard. | 即使这树就在你的后院里 |
[16:25] | Or guest room. | 或者是客房 |
[16:28] | Rose? | 罗丝? |
[16:31] | Yep, the one and only. | 是滴 还能是谁啊 |
[16:33] | I know, I know. It’s been awhile. | 知道 知道 有一阵子了 |
[16:37] | I was thinking, if you’re not too busy, | 我在想啊 不是太忙的话 |
[16:40] | maybe we can get together, have a drink or something? | 我们可以聚一聚 喝点酒啥的? |
[16:42] | Well, great! | 那好的! |
[16:44] | So, do you want to meet, or should I pick you up? | 在哪见面呢 还是我去接你? |
[16:55] | Okay, I’ll meet you back at my place. | 好的 在我家见 |
[17:01] | Small world. | 世界真小啊 |
[17:03] | Yeah. Teeny-tiny. | 是啊 真是小得不得了 |
[17:11] | -Here you go. -Thank you, Charlie. | -给你 -谢谢你 查理 |
[17:14] | -You comfy? -Oh, very. | -你舒服吗? -很舒服哦 |
[17:17] | Good. | 那就好 |
[17:22] | So, Rose… | 那么 罗丝… |
[17:24] | Charlie… | 查理… |
[17:26] | Haven’t seen you in awhile. | 好久不见了 |
[17:28] | Can’t say the same. | 在我看来不是哈 |
[17:32] | Right, uh, sure. | 对啊 哈 当然 |
[17:34] | Sorry about your friend. | 真为你的朋友遗憾 |
[17:36] | Yeah, yeah, it was a real wake-up call for me. | 恩 恩 对我真是有如醍醐灌顶啊 |
[17:40] | I can imagine. | 能想象得到 |
[17:42] | Makes you stop and wonder what’s important in your life. | 让你不再怀疑什么才是生命中重要的 |
[17:46] | Who’s important in your life. | 谁才是生命中重要的 |
[17:48] | I’ve always known who’s important in my life. | 我一直都知道谁在我生命中是重要的 |
[17:51] | You have, haven’t you. | 你知道啊 可不是么 |
[17:55] | You know how I feel about you, right? | 你知道我对你的感觉 是吧? |
[17:58] | Tell me anyway. | 不妨说来听听 |
[18:01] | Oh, okay. | 哦 好吧 |
[18:04] | Well, as you know, we’ve had our ups and downs. | 你也知道 我们之间大起大落的 |
[18:07] | I told you that was my medication. | 我都告诉你了那是药物作用啊 |
[18:11] | I was talking about our relationship. | 我在说咱的关系呢 |
[18:14] | Yes. That’s had ups and downs, too. Continue. | 啊 那也有大起大落的 继续说吧 |
[18:19] | Well, uh, I’m thinking, we’re not getting any younger. | 呃 我在想 我们都不会再年轻了 |
[18:22] | You know, there was a time when I did think I was getting younger | 你知道 有一次我还真以为我年轻了 |
[18:25] | but it turns out that that was my medication. | 但结果原来那才是药物作用 |
[18:29] | Sure. | 当然 |
[18:30] | I also thought that I was getting smaller. | 我也还以为我缩小了呢 |
[18:37] | Anyway, uh, it struck me that life is… | 总之 呃 这让我意识到生命… |
[18:41] | short, and maybe the time has come for you and I to start thinking about our future. | 短暂 到了考虑你我未来的时候了 |
[18:47] | What about it? | 未来怎么啦? |
[18:50] | Well… | 呃… |
[18:52] | I know this is kind of sudden, but… | 我知道这有点突然 但是… |
[19:02] | Rose… | 罗丝… |
[19:04] | Yes, Charlie? | 啥 查理? |
[19:05] | Would you do me the honor of… | 我能有幸… |
[19:11] | I’m sorry. Let me just get rid of this. | 抱歉 让我挂了 |
[19:14] | Oh, it’s my doctor. | 哦 是我的医生 |
[19:19] | Hey, Doc. What’s the word? | 嘿 医生 怎么说? |
[19:22] | No liver damage whatsoever? | 没有任何肝脏损坏? |
[19:27] | What about my heart? | 那心脏呢? |
[19:30] | Well, that’s terrific! | 那太棒了! |
[19:32] | Lungs are good, too? | 肺也不错吧? |
[19:35] | So I don’t have to give up cigars? | 那我不用戒掉雪茄了? |
[19:38] | No, no, no, I won’t overdo it. | 好的 好的 好的 我不会太过火的 |
[19:40] | Just when I drink. | 就在我喝酒的时候抽吧 |
[19:44] | Speaking of which–how’s the plumbing? | 说到这儿–那生殖系统呢? |
[19:47] | Does that include the prostate? | 那包括前列腺么? |
[19:49] | Yes. | 哦耶 |
[19:53] | All right, well, uh, thanks for getting back to me so soon. | 好的 那多谢这么快就给我回电 |
[19:57] | And, again, I’m sorry for all the name calling when you slipped your finger up there. | 再说一次抱歉 你指检我那地儿的时候我爆粗口了 |
[20:12] | Oh, boy, this is awkward. | 哦 天哪 这可太尴尬了 |
[20:24] | Look at him–he’s gonna live forever. | 看他啊–他这就要永生了 |
[20:28] | Nah, it’s just gonna seem like forever. | 啥呀 只不过看上去像罢了 |
[20:33] | He smokes, he drinks, he parties like there’s no tomorrow. | 他抽烟酗酒 好像世界末日一样狂欢 |
[20:37] | Me? | 我呢? |
[20:38] | I have Mexican food and a couple of beers and I’m farting blood. | 我吃点墨西哥菜喝几瓶酒就拉血 |
[20:45] | Yeah, boo-hoo. | 是啊 呜呼哀哉 |
[20:47] | You just said Mexican food and I grew a third butt cheek. | 你刚说了句墨西哥菜 我就又长出一半屁股 |
[20:52] | Life isn’t fair, is it, Berta? | 生活就是不公平的 是吧 贝塔? |
[20:53] | If it were, you’d be cleaning my toilets and I’d have my own talk show. | 如果是的话 你就在我家扫厕所 而我有自己的脱口秀了 |
[20:59] | A talk show?! | 脱口秀?! |
[21:00] | Why not? I’m personable. | 怎么不可能? 人家风韵犹存啊 |
[21:04] | Well, at least he has a clean bill of health. I’m happy for that. | 至少他健康的很啊 很替他高兴 |
[21:07] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[21:08] | I don’t care if I never inherit this house. | 不能继承他的房子的话也没关系 |
[21:11] | Uh, uh… excuse me? | 呃 呃… 你说啥? |
[21:13] | Oh, you ain’t seen his new will, huh? | 哦 你没看到他的新遗嘱 啊? |
[21:16] | Uh, what new will? | 啥…新遗嘱? |
[21:17] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[21:20] | But in case tragedy strikes, | 要是真有悲剧上演 |
[21:22] | be prepared to clear your crap out of here in 48 hours. | 做好准备在48小时内 收拾好你的破烂滚蛋 |
[21:28] | Son of a bitch. | 这狗娘养的 |