时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Thanks for coming in, guys. | 谢谢你们能过来 |
[00:04] | It’s always a pleasure seeing you. | 见到你总是很高兴 |
[00:06] | I mean, she’s so pretty. You’re so pretty. | 因为她是个大美女 你是个大美女哟 |
[00:09] | You know anyone we can set her up with? | 我们有认识的人可以介绍给她吗 |
[00:11] | I appreciate the thought, | 很感谢你的好意 |
[00:12] | but I am perfectly happy with my… | 但我目前非常幸福 因为我有… |
[00:14] | cats. | 很多猫 |
[00:16] | Anyway… | 总而言之 |
[00:17] | how would you guys feel about adopting an older child? | 你们觉得领养一个年龄稍大点的孩子怎么样 |
[00:20] | Wow. Like, how old are we talking? | 你说的稍大是多大 |
[00:22] | Like, I’ve been taking care of this one since he was 43. | 像这位 打从他43岁开始就是我在照顾他 |
[00:26] | He’s been a wonderful provider. | 他把我照顾得很好哦 |
[00:27] | And he only spanks me when I ask him to. | 只有我要求的时候 他才会打我的屁股 |
[00:30] | Wow, that is a lot to take in before 10:00 A.M.on a Monday. | 周一早上不到十点就说那个 实在有点”重口”啊 |
[00:34] | That’s what he said. | 他也是这么说哦 |
[00:36] | Okay, please stop. | 拜托快停下 |
[00:37] | That’s what he said. | 他也是这么说哦 |
[00:39] | The reason I bring it up is because there is a six-year-old boy | 我会有这个提议 是因为有一个6岁的男孩 |
[00:43] | who’s been bouncing around the foster system for a while, | 在各个领养中心辗转有一段时间了 |
[00:45] | and I think he’d be a great match for you guys. | 我觉得他很适合你们俩 |
[00:47] | Wow, really? | 真的吗 |
[00:50] | Uh, well, six is a great age. | 6岁是个很棒的年纪 |
[00:52] | Potty-trained but not ashamed of you yet. | 会自己上厕所 但不会以父母为耻 |
[00:55] | Well…well, uh, can we adopt him right away? | 那我们能立刻收养他吗 |
[00:57] | Well, we’d start with a weekend visit. | 我们会先开始一次周末家访 |
[00:59] | See if it’s a good fit, then, assuming it is, | 看看双方合不合得来 假设合得来 |
[01:02] | you guys would become his foster parents. | 他就可以先寄养在你们家 |
[01:04] | After six months, if everyone agrees, | 等六个月后 如果没人反对 |
[01:06] | you can officially adopt him. | 你们就可以正式收养他了 |
[01:07] | Oh, and-and-and if we don’t agree, | 如果我们不喜欢这孩子 |
[01:09] | can we credit those six months to a kid that we do like? | 那六个月 可以转移到之后喜欢的孩子上吗 |
[01:14] | Wow, I-I always thought we were gonna get a baby, | 我一直以为我们会有个宝宝 |
[01:17] | but I kind of like the idea of giving an older kid a shot. | 但我也想尝试收养年纪稍大的孩子看看 |
[01:21] | Well, Louis certainly deserves a shot. | 路易斯绝对值得你试试 |
[01:24] | Louis? | 路易斯 |
[01:25] | Louie? | 路易 |
[01:26] | Aw, sweet Lou. | 亲爱的小路 |
[01:27] | Lou! | 小路 |
[01:29] | Uh, is he married to that name or can we change it? | 他就叫这个了吗 还是我们可以改名字 |
[01:32] | Alan. | 艾伦 |
[01:34] | Oh, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[01:35] | I just, you know, I had my heart set on Beckett. | 我只是早就想好贝克特这个名字了 |
[01:39] | Look, I’m gonna be honest with you guys. | 我得老实跟你们说 |
[01:41] | Louis has had a rough time. | 路易斯成长之路并不顺 |
[01:43] | He’s been in foster homes, group homes. | 他不是在是寄养家庭 就是在集体家庭 |
[01:45] | He’s moved around a lot. | 来来回回地换 |
[01:46] | We thought we had him placed for adoption a few months ago, | 几个月前 我们以为帮他找到收养家庭了 |
[01:48] | but it fell through. | 但没成功 |
[01:49] | So he’s gonna be a little gun-shy. | 所以他会心理有点阴影 |
[01:51] | Well, don’t worry about that. | 不用担心 |
[01:51] | I mean, I’m sure we’ll have a great time together. | 我们肯定能相处得非常融洽 |
[01:53] | Just don’t expect a lot. | 不要期望太多 |
[01:55] | Same thing I told this one on our wedding night. | 结婚当晚我也是这么跟这家伙说的 |
[02:01] | Wow, I really like this idea. | 哇 我真的很喜欢这个主意 |
[02:03] | I mean, I’m gonna… I’m gonna have a son. | 我要有一个儿子啦 |
[02:04] | How cool is that gonna be? | 想想就觉得超级酷 |
[02:06] | I mean, and-and you get to relive | 而你可以重新体验一遍 |
[02:08] | all those great father-son moments. | 那些年美好的父子时刻 |
[02:11] | * By the time you hear the siren * | * 当你听见警笛声 * |
[02:14] | * It’s already too late * | * 一切都为时已晚 * |
[02:17] | * One goes to the morgue and the other to jail * | * 一人死掉 一人坐牢 * |
[02:20] | * One gets wasted and the other’s a waste…* | * 一人喝醉 一人最烂…* |
[02:22] | Good thinking. | 好想法 |
[02:30] | – Dad? – Yeah, buddy? | -爸爸 -怎么啦 |
[02:32] | Bite me. | 咬我啊 |
[02:41] | Yeah, all those great father-son moments. | 是啊 那些年美好的父子时刻啊 |
[03:01] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[03:02] | – Walden? – Up here! | -沃顿 -上面呢 |
[03:04] | Check it out! Isn’t this awesome? | 快看 这是不是很棒呀 |
[03:06] | They have one just like it at the Google headquarters! | 谷歌总部也有一个一模一样的哦 |
[03:08] | Oh, you know what you get when you Google | 你知道你在谷歌上搜索 |
[03:10] | “Greatest dad in the world”? | “全世界最棒的爸爸”会出来谁吗 |
[03:14] | This guy! | 就是我啦 |
[03:18] | What is going on? | 这是怎么回事 |
[03:20] | What is all this? | 怎么这么多玩具 |
[03:21] | Oh, uh, well, I went to the toy store | 我去了一家玩具店 |
[03:23] | and got a few things for Louis. | 给路易斯买了一点东西而已 |
[03:24] | A few things? Okay, I don’t want to be the guy | 一点东西 好吧 我不想指出 |
[03:26] | to point out the 800-pound gorilla in the room. | 我们家有一只800磅的大猩猩 |
[03:28] | But there’s an 800-pound gorilla in the room. | 但我们家真有一只800磅的大猩猩 |
[03:32] | I just want him to like it here. | 我只是希望他能喜欢我们家 |
[03:33] | Well, so do I. | 我也是啊 |
[03:34] | But if you build Disneyland in your house, | 但如果你在家里打造一个迪士尼乐园 |
[03:36] | you’ll never get the thrill of taking him to Disneyland. | 那你带他去迪士尼玩时 就不会觉得兴奋刺激 |
[03:40] | Ah. You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[03:42] | Damn it. I got to cancel Mickey and Minnie. | 糟糕 我得赶紧取消米奇和米妮 |
[03:45] | What? | 什么 |
[03:45] | Oh, I was gonna have him wake him up in the morning. | 我想让他早上被这样叫醒 |
[03:48] | Hey, Louis. | 路易斯 |
[03:49] | Ready for breakfast? | 准备好吃早餐了吗 |
[03:50] | We’ve got orange juice and waffles shaped just like me! | 我们有橙汁和形状像我的华夫饼哦 |
[03:54] | I think it’s great that you’re so excited about being a dad. | 我觉得你为当爸爸这么兴奋真的很好 |
[03:56] | And the best part is… no stretch marks for me. | 最棒的是我肚子上不会有妊娠纹 |
[04:01] | You know, you’re my best friend, | 你虽然是我最好的朋友 |
[04:03] | but you’re an odd little man. | 但你真是一个奇葩的小男人 |
[04:11] | What are you doing up? | 怎么还不睡啊 |
[04:12] | I couldn’t sleep. | 睡不着 |
[04:13] | Oh, I get it. Excited about tomorrow? | 我懂 很期待明天吧 |
[04:15] | More like terrified about tomorrow. | 更像是”恐惧明天” |
[04:19] | Why are you getting paper towels in the middle of the.. | 你大半夜拿这么多纸巾干嘛 |
[04:21] | Oh, you… Never mind. | 你…算了 |
[04:23] | I don’t want to know. | 我不想知道 |
[04:24] | That’s a good call. | 真明智 |
[04:29] | You want to talk about it? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[04:31] | There’s a kid showing up here tomorrow. | 明天有孩子要来这里 |
[04:33] | And he needs a dad, and I don’t know if I can do it. | 他需要一位爸爸 而我不知道自己能否胜任 |
[04:35] | What? Why not? | 有何不可 |
[04:38] | Well, I’ve never had a successful relationship | 我这辈子从未成功地维系过 |
[04:40] | with anyone in my life except for you. | 一段感情 除了跟你 |
[04:43] | Four years next Thursday. | 下周四就四周年了哦 |
[04:45] | Yeah, I got your wish list. | 我知道 我收到你的礼物清单了 |
[04:47] | They’re just ideas. Make it your own. | 那些都是备选 自己看着办吧 |
[04:50] | Look, the fact that you’ve screwed up with women | 听着 你跟女人的每段感情都已失败告终 |
[04:51] | doesn’t mean you can’t be a great father. | 并不意味着你不能当一个成功的父亲 |
[04:53] | I don’t even know what a good dad looks like. | 我甚至不知道好爸爸是啥样 |
[04:55] | I mean, I know what a bad dad looks like. | 我是说 我知道坏爸爸啥样 |
[04:56] | It’s an empty chair across the table from my mom. | 是我妈妈对面那张空椅子 |
[04:59] | Which later gets filled by my Uncle Kenneth | 之后那椅子上坐着肯尼斯叔叔 |
[05:02] | who sold speedboats. | 卖快艇的 |
[05:03] | And Uncle Rob who sold insurance. | 再之后是罗伯叔叔 卖保险的 |
[05:05] | Then Uncle Stan who sold pot. | 再再之后是斯坦叔叔 卖大麻的 |
[05:08] | I liked Uncle Stan. | 我喜欢斯坦叔叔 |
[05:10] | I get it. I didn’t grow up with a dad, either. | 我懂了 我成长的过程中也缺少父亲的陪伴 |
[05:12] | When Jake was born, I was scared out of my mind. | 当杰克出生时 我吓得不知所措 |
[05:15] | Why were you scared? You’re a great dad. | 你为什么害怕 你是一个很棒的爸爸 |
[05:17] | Okay, I’m gonna tell you something | 好吧 我要告诉你一件事 |
[05:19] | that I’ve, I’ve never told anybody before. | 这件事我从来没告诉过任何人 |
[05:22] | When Jake was a baby… | 当杰克还是个婴儿时 |
[05:26] | I dropped him. | 我摔过他 |
[05:30] | Right smack on his head. | 正中他的脑袋 |
[05:33] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[05:35] | Now I feel awful about all the times I said, | 现在我觉得好内疚哦 我经常问 |
[05:37] | were you dropped on your head as a baby? | 你小时候脑袋是不是摔坏了 |
[05:41] | My point is that Jake turned out fine. | 我想说的是 杰克也健康长大了 |
[05:43] | I mean, sure, he had to repeat seventh grade math a couple of times, | 虽然他重修了好几次七年级的数学 |
[05:46] | but he was born at the right time. You know? | 但他生在好时候呀 你懂吧 |
[05:48] | Computers. | 万事有电脑 |
[05:51] | Wait, so what you’re saying is | 所以你想说的是 |
[05:53] | even if I screw up a little, it’s not the end of the world? | 就算我搞砸了一点半点 世界依然美好吗 |
[05:55] | The fact that you’re worried about being a good dad | 你担心是否能成为好爸爸这点 |
[05:58] | is what’s gonna make you a great one. | 反而能让你成为一个出色的爸爸 |
[06:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:02] | You’re a good friend. | 你是一个好朋友 |
[06:03] | All right. | 好啦 |
[06:05] | I’m gonna go get some sleep. | 我要去睡觉了 |
[06:06] | – Good night. – Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[06:13] | Oh, Baby Jake. | 可怜的小杰克 |
[06:18] | It’ll be nice having a kid around here again. | 家里又有个孩子还是挺好的 |
[06:21] | Running up and down the stairs. | 会在楼梯跑上跑下 |
[06:23] | Laughing at all the silliest things. | 会因为超级傻逼的事情乐个不停 |
[06:25] | And they’ll believe almost anything you tell them. | 他们还会相信你说的任何事情 |
[06:29] | No kidding. | 那倒是真的 |
[06:29] | Jake still thinks one of the first men on the moon was Buzz Lightyear. | 杰克现在还认为首批踏上月球的人有巴斯光年呢 |
[06:34] | I’ll get it! | 我来开门 |
[06:36] | You got to admit that would’ve been way cooler with a slide. | 你必须承认 如果这个有个滑梯会酷很多 |
[06:45] | – Look who’s here. – Hi, guys. | -瞧瞧谁来了 -你们好呀 |
[06:47] | This is Louis. | 这位是路易斯 |
[06:49] | – Hi, Louis! – Sweet Lou! | -你好 路易斯 -亲爱的小路 |
[06:51] | Lou! | 小路 |
[06:55] | We’re not booing, we’re Lou-ing. | 我们不是嘘你 我们是捧你哦 |
[06:57] | Louis, this is Walden and Alan. | 路易斯 他们是沃顿和艾伦 |
[07:00] | Hi. | 你们好 |
[07:01] | You’re gonna be staying with them for the weekend. | 你要待在这里跟他们过周末 |
[07:03] | Oh, uh, don’t worry, buddy, | 别担心 小家伙 |
[07:05] | I was only supposed to stay here for a weekend, too. | 我本来也说只在这里待一个周末 |
[07:08] | 12 years later. | 现在都过去12年了 |
[07:11] | Oh, and, uh, this is Berta. | 这位是波塔 |
[07:13] | she helps take care of us around here. | 她是帮忙照顾我们的人 |
[07:15] | Look at that face. | 瞧瞧这张小脸 |
[07:18] | Walden, you might have some competition | 沃顿 这个家最帅男人的称号 |
[07:20] | for the best looking man in the house. | 要出现竞争对手喽 |
[07:23] | You mean so-some more competition? | 你是说出现第二位竞争对手吗 |
[07:24] | Nope. | 不是 |
[07:27] | Do you have any Cheez-Its? | 这里有芝士饼干吗 |
[07:30] | Uh, well, if we don’t, we could get some. | 如果没有 我们可以去买点 |
[07:33] | Okay, I’ll stay. | 好吧 我留下 |
[07:35] | All right, well, I want you guys to get to know each other, | 好的 我希望你们能了解彼此 |
[07:38] | so I’m gonna go. | 所以我先走啦 |
[07:39] | But you have my number if you need anything. | 你们有我的电话 有事就打给我 |
[07:41] | Oh, uh, wait. | 等等 |
[07:41] | Uh, does-does he come with an instruction manual or something? | 他有没有使用说明书之类的东西 |
[07:44] | You’ll be fine. Bye, Louis. | 你会没事的 再见啦 路易斯 |
[07:47] | Uh, okay, uh… | 好吧 |
[07:49] | should we have tipped her? | 我们应该给她小费吗 |
[07:51] | You’re asking me? | 你问我干嘛 |
[07:52] | I don’t even tip the pizza guy. | 我连送披萨的都不给 |
[07:54] | I don’t like pizza. | 我不喜欢披萨 |
[07:55] | I like Cheez-Its. | 我喜欢芝士饼干 |
[07:57] | Oh, well, you know, when you think about it, | 知道吗 当然你对比这两者时 |
[08:00] | a pizza is just a really big Cheez-It | 其实披萨就是一块很大的芝士饼干 |
[08:03] | with sauce. | 只不过多了番茄酱 |
[08:06] | We’re gonna get Cheez-Its, right? | 我们会有芝士饼干的 是吗 |
[08:09] | Berta? | 波塔 |
[08:10] | I’m on it. | 马上去买 |
[08:11] | I’ll be back as soon as I can. | 我会尽快回来 |
[08:14] | And, Louis? | 路易斯 |
[08:15] | That’s the first time I ever said that and meant it. | 这是我生平第一次说到做到哦 |
[08:19] | Hey, Louis? Welcome to our house. | 路易斯 欢迎来到我们家 |
[08:21] | Do you want to come on in? | 你想进来玩吗 |
[08:24] | Oh, my God. Look at him. | 天啊 瞧瞧他 |
[08:26] | He’s adorable. | 他好可爱哦 |
[08:26] | I know, I know. He’s like one of those TV kids. | 我知道 他就像电视上的小孩 |
[08:29] | Maybe we can put him in commercials. | 或许我们可以送他去拍广告 |
[08:30] | We know he likes Cheez-Its. | 反正他喜欢芝士饼干啊 |
[08:32] | Alan, do you really want to be making less money than a six-year-old? | 艾伦 你真的希望自己挣得比一个6岁的小孩少吗 |
[08:38] | Who is that? | 那是谁呀 |
[08:39] | This is Timothy. | 这是蒂莫西 |
[08:41] | He’s a seal. | 他是一只海豹 |
[08:42] | Oh! Well, hi, Timothy. | 你好呀 蒂莫西 |
[08:43] | I’m Walden. | 我是沃顿 |
[08:44] | And I’m Alan. | 我是艾伦 |
[08:45] | Timothy doesn’t talk. | 蒂莫西不会说话 |
[08:47] | Oh, right, yeah. | 对哦 |
[08:49] | Because he’s a seal. | 因为他是一只海豹 |
[08:50] | No, because he’s a toy. | 不 因为他是一个玩偶 |
[08:53] | Right. He-He’s a toy. | 对 他是一个玩偶 |
[09:01] | Got a lot of weekend left. | 这周末好难熬呀 |
[09:05] | So, which one of you is the mommy? | 你们哪一个是妈妈 |
[09:10] | Well, that’s-that’s a great question. | 那真是一个好问题 |
[09:12] | And one I was hoping you wouldn’t ask in the first five minutes. | 一个我不想你进门五分钟就问的问题 |
[09:15] | You know, see, in some families, | 你也知道 有些家庭 |
[09:17] | there’s a mommy and a daddy. | 有爸爸和妈妈 |
[09:19] | But in other families, like this one, | 但在其他家庭 像我们这个 |
[09:21] | there’s, there’s two daddies. | 只有两位爸爸 |
[09:23] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:26] | Wow, that is another great question. | 这又是一个”好”问题 |
[09:29] | Um… Alan? | 艾伦 |
[09:32] | No, no. You’re doing great. | 不 你回答得很好 |
[09:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:34] | He’s the mommy. | 他是妈妈 |
[09:37] | I told you, Timothy. | 早说了吧 蒂莫西 |
[09:49] | Hey, Louis, check it out. | 路易斯 快看 |
[09:52] | Casa de Louis. | 路易斯府邸 |
[09:55] | Chez Louie. | 路易餐厅 |
[09:56] | San Louis… Obispo. | 圣·路易斯·奥匹斯堡 |
[10:01] | Basically what I’m saying is this is your room. | 其实我就是说 这是你的房间 |
[10:03] | Cool! | 酷 |
[10:04] | You know, I thought we could decorate it together. | 我想我们可以一直布置这房间 |
[10:06] | Lucky. He never let me. | 真幸运 他从不让我弄 |
[10:10] | Oh, and check this out. | 快看这个 |
[10:11] | This is your bed. | 这是你的床 |
[10:13] | But if you’re thinking about jumping up and down on it, | 但如果你想在床上蹦蹦跳跳 |
[10:15] | you’re gonna be in a lot of trouble… | 你会有大麻烦哦 |
[10:17] | if you don’t! | 不蹦才有大麻烦 |
[10:22] | Uh, we also heard, uh, that you like to draw. | 我们还听说你喜欢画画 |
[10:24] | So check out this fully stocked art table. | 快看这张堆满绘画工具的桌子 |
[10:26] | You got, uh, markers, crayons, paints. | 这里有记号笔 蜡笔和颜料 |
[10:29] | Someone’s gonna put the arty back in party. | 帮我们画一场派对出来吧 |
[10:34] | Okay, so, uh, why don’t we, uh, unpack your stuff? | 好了 不如我们帮行李箱打开 |
[10:37] | We’ll put it in the dresser, and then we’ll go do something. | 把东西放进衣橱 然后做点其他事情 |
[10:39] | No, I don’t need to unpack. | 不 我不需要打开行李箱 |
[10:41] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[10:42] | Uh, well, then it’s straight to the good times, huh? | 那我们直接进入快乐时光 |
[10:45] | For King Louie the Fun-teenth. | 带”路易大帝”好好乐一乐 |
[10:49] | I apologize. | 抱歉 |
[10:51] | So, yeah, what do you want to do? | 那你想要做什么 |
[10:53] | You know, we could play a game, | 我们可以来玩游戏 |
[10:55] | we could go to the park, we could go to the zoo, | 可以去公园 可以去动物园 |
[10:57] | we could go to SeaWorld or Disneyland | 可以去海洋世界或者迪士尼 |
[11:00] | or Legoland, or we could play Legos in the house, | 可以去乐高乐园 也可以在家里玩乐高玩具 |
[11:02] | or we could play house, or we could build a house, | 也可以玩过家家 也可以造个家 |
[11:03] | or we could listen to house music. | 还可以听听家庭音乐 |
[11:11] | What’s up, Miami! | 迈阿密 你好啊 |
[11:15] | Or-or we don’t have to do any of that. | 我们也可以不做这些事 |
[11:18] | We could… | 我们可以 |
[11:19] | do something else, like… | 做点别的 比如… |
[11:22] | Alan? | 艾伦 |
[11:23] | Uh, uh, we could, we could go to the beach. | 我们可以去海滩 |
[11:25] | Oh, that’s a great idea. | 好主意 |
[11:27] | Oh, but where are we gonna find one of those? | 可是哪里有海滩啊 |
[11:30] | You live on the beach. | 你们不就住在海滩边上吗 |
[11:32] | Oh! That’s right! | 对啊 |
[11:34] | It’s your backyard. | 后院就是海滩 |
[11:36] | So, what do you say? You want to go? | 你觉得怎么样 你想去吗 |
[11:38] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:39] | We got an okay. Okay. So let’s go. | 他答应了 那我们走吧 |
[11:41] | Let’s do this. To the beach we go. | 走吧 去海滩吧 |
[11:43] | Oh, hey, uh, if you need a bathing suit, | 如果你需要泳衣 |
[11:46] | it’s in the top drawer. | 在抽屉的第一层 |
[11:47] | So why don’t you change, | 那你先换衣服 |
[11:49] | and we’ll change, and then we’ll go | 我们也去换衣服 然后一起 |
[11:51] | have a party on the beach. | 去海滩上开派对 |
[11:59] | Oh, my God, that was like pulling teeth. | 我的天啊 这也太难了 |
[12:02] | Please tell me this gets easier. | 之后会轻松点吗 |
[12:03] | It doesn’t, | 不会 |
[12:04] | but the good news is, you stop trying. | 不过幸好 你之后就会放弃取悦了 |
[12:08] | Hey, Louis, look at this. | 路易斯 你看 |
[12:10] | We’re almost done. | 我们快完成了 |
[12:11] | Yes, now all we need is a flag for the top. | 现在我们只需要在顶上插一面旗帜 |
[12:15] | Oh, that’s an old Band-Aid. | 这是别人用过的创可贴 |
[12:17] | Uh, how about this? | 这个怎样 |
[12:18] | We’ll take this juice box, | 拿这个果汁盒 |
[12:20] | flip it up here, and we’ll put the straw in like this, | 插在这里 然后把吸管这样插上 |
[12:23] | and ta-da! | 完工 |
[12:24] | It’s a flag! | 这就是一面旗帜 |
[12:26] | Look at this, Louis! | 快看啊 路易斯 |
[12:27] | All hail | 万岁 |
[12:29] | the Kingdom of Mount Berry Cooler! | 浆果冷饮之山王国 |
[12:33] | and here comes the king, uh, returning home from battle. | 国王驾临 他从战场荣归故里 |
[12:37] | And what does he have with him? | 他有何收获呢 |
[12:39] | The spoils of war, | 他收获了战利品 |
[12:41] | all the Cheez-Its in the land. | 大地上所有的芝士饼干 |
[12:45] | Isn’t this cool, Louis? | 很酷吧 路易斯 |
[12:46] | I want to go back inside. | 我要回屋里去 |
[12:48] | What? | 什么 |
[12:49] | It’s kind of hot, and I have to pee. | 这里很热 我想尿尿 |
[12:52] | Well, uh, you know, | 其实 |
[12:53] | the ocean solves both of those problems. | 海洋可以同时解决这两个问题 |
[12:56] | O-O-Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:58] | Okay, w-w-we’ll meet you inside. | 好 屋里见 |
[13:01] | Hey, hey, Berta, he’s coming in! | 波塔 他回屋了 |
[13:03] | I’ve got him! | 我接到他了 |
[13:04] | Well, he hates me. | 他讨厌我 |
[13:07] | What? | 什么 |
[13:08] | We spent an hour | 我们花了一个小时 |
[13:09] | building a sand castle, | 来建沙堡 |
[13:11] | and all he did was dig a hole. | 而他却一直在挖洞 |
[13:13] | Who digs holes, Alan? | 谁会挖洞 艾伦 |
[13:15] | Prisoners, they want to escape. | 囚犯 他们想逃跑 |
[13:17] | Oh, Walden. | 沃顿 |
[13:19] | Why are the pretty ones always so crazy? | 好看的人为啥都这么疯狂 |
[13:22] | Crazy? Am I? | 我疯狂吗 |
[13:23] | Really? What about earlier when he didn’t want to unpack? | 是吗 他之前不想整理行李的事怎么说 |
[13:25] | What was that all about? | 那是怎么回事呢 |
[13:26] | Nobody likes to unpack. I hate it. | 没人喜欢整理行李 我就不喜欢 |
[13:28] | Oh, is that why you’ve never moved out? | 所以你一直都不肯搬出去吗 |
[13:30] | Um, misdirected anger, | 点儿背 |
[13:33] | your table is ready. | 就不要怪社会 |
[13:35] | You know what, he doesn’t want to be here. | 他根本不喜欢这里 |
[13:38] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[13:39] | I-I knew I couldn’t do this. | 我就知道我办不好这事 |
[13:40] | Come on, Walden, put yourself in his shoes. | 拜托 沃顿 你设身处地想一想 |
[13:43] | He only spent half a day with us. | 他和我们只相处了半天 |
[13:45] | He’s gonna need more time to feel safe here. | 他还需要多一点时间才会有安全感 |
[13:48] | Yeah, right. | 对 没错 |
[13:49] | More time. | 多一点时间 |
[13:53] | You think he’ll love me by tomorrow? | 他明天就会喜欢我了吗 |
[13:55] | Trust me, Walden, | 相信我 沃顿 |
[13:57] | he’ll warm up to you just like I did. | 他会慢慢喜欢上你 就像我一样 |
[13:59] | Remember when you moved here? | 还记得你刚搬来的时候吗 |
[14:00] | I wasn’t sure I wanted you to stay. | 我也不确定要不要让你留下来 |
[14:01] | I bought the house. | 我买了这栋房子 |
[14:03] | And I made it a home. | 我让这栋房子有了家的感觉 |
[14:06] | You’re gonna have to have more patience with him. | 你对他得再多点耐心 |
[14:09] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[14:11] | Patience. | 耐心 |
[14:14] | – Where you going? – The ocean. | -你去哪里 -海里 |
[14:15] | I’m hot and I got to pee. | 我很热 还想尿尿 |
[14:18] | Well, be careful. | 小心点 |
[14:21] | He hates me. | 他讨厌我 |
[14:26] | Oh, there he is. | 你好啦 |
[14:29] | Did you put the seat down? | 马桶坐垫你放下来了吗 |
[14:30] | I never put it up. | 我根本没推上去 |
[14:34] | Can I have a snack? | 我能吃点零食吗 |
[14:36] | Do we have snacks? | 我们有零食吗 |
[14:39] | Let’s see. | 我看看 |
[14:47] | Take a load off. | 坐下休息会儿 |
[14:52] | When a guy named Charlie lived here, | 以前一个叫查理的人住这里的时候 |
[14:55] | I had to keep this cabinet | 我得把这个橱柜 |
[14:57] | stocked with coke… | 装满可…[可卡因]… |
[15:01] | …co powder. | 可可粉 |
[15:04] | Because he loved hot chocolate. | 因为他喜欢热巧克力[火辣黑妞] |
[15:07] | I like hot chocolate. | 我也喜欢喜欢热巧克力 |
[15:08] | Not like he did. | 没有他那么喜欢 |
[15:12] | You like your crackers? | 你喜欢你的零食吗 |
[15:13] | Yeah. | 喜欢 |
[15:14] | You don’t talk much, do you? | 你不太爱说话 对吧 |
[15:17] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[15:19] | I was a quiet child. | 我以前也是个话不多的孩子 |
[15:21] | In fact, | 事实上 |
[15:22] | you and I have a lot in common. | 你和我有很多相似点 |
[15:24] | You like Cheez-Its, too? | 你也喜欢奶酪饼干吗 |
[15:26] | I do. | 喜欢 |
[15:28] | But I was also raised in a whole bunch of foster homes. | 不过我也被很多家庭领养过 |
[15:32] | You were? | 是吗 |
[15:33] | Yep, and I hated it. | 是 我很讨厌那样 |
[15:36] | Moving around all the time, | 总是回来搬家 |
[15:38] | having to make friends everywhere, | 到哪儿都得交新朋友 |
[15:41] | and no one ever offered me grape juice. | 而且从来没人主动给过我葡萄汁 |
[15:45] | Would you like to have some grape juice? | 你想不想喝葡萄汁 |
[15:48] | Yes, please. | 想 谢谢 |
[15:50] | But I got to tell you, | 我跟你说 |
[15:52] | we both hit the lottery with this place. | 能来到这里 算我们俩中奖了 |
[15:55] | Walden and Alan | 沃顿和艾伦 |
[15:57] | are the best. | 是最好的人 |
[16:00] | They’re nice, | 他们善良 |
[16:01] | they’re fun, | 他们有趣 |
[16:04] | and guess what else. | 你猜他们还有什么优点 |
[16:05] | What? | 什么 |
[16:07] | They’re easy to fool. | 他们超好骗 |
[16:10] | Last year, I went to my granddaughter’s graduation seven times. | 去年我参加了七次孙女的毕业典礼 |
[16:17] | And with that face… | 凭你那张小脸蛋 |
[16:20] | …you can get anything you want. | 想要什么都可以 |
[16:23] | Welcome to Malibu, kid. | 欢迎来到马里布 孩子 |
[16:31] | Can I come in? | 我可以进来吗 |
[16:34] | What you drawing? | 你在画什么 |
[16:37] | A sand castle. | 沙堡 |
[16:39] | That’s ironic. | 真讽刺 |
[16:41] | Hey, uh, c-can we talk for a second? | 我们能谈谈吗 |
[16:44] | Sure. All right. | 当然可以 |
[16:45] | Great. | 很好 |
[16:47] | Look, uh… | 听我说… |
[16:49] | I know it’s got to be overwhelming being here | 我理解你现在很难接受要住在这里 |
[16:52] | and being in new places all the time | 总是不停地换新家 |
[16:55] | and with new people and a new bed. | 要面对新的家人 适应新的床 |
[16:57] | I mean, heck, for all you know, | 你懂的 |
[16:59] | there could be monsters under the bed. | 万一床下有怪兽呢 |
[17:00] | – There’s monsters? – No. | -床下有怪兽吗 -没有 |
[17:02] | That’s a bad example. | 例子没举好 |
[17:03] | In fact, before you got here, | 其实在你来之前 |
[17:06] | I de-monsterized the entire house. | 我把家里的怪兽彻底的清光了 |
[17:10] | My point is, is… | 我想说的是… |
[17:13] | I’m really glad you’re here, Louis. | 我很高兴你能来家里 路易斯 |
[17:17] | I just want you to be comfortable | 我希望你能够和我 |
[17:19] | with Alan and I. | 还有艾伦好好相处 |
[17:20] | So if, so if there’s anything you ever need to talk about, | 所以如果你有任何想说的话 |
[17:22] | like anything at all, you can come to me. | 任何话 你都可以跟我说 |
[17:26] | So, that’s all I have to say. | 我想说的就是这些了 |
[17:31] | Is there anything you would like to say? | 你有没有什么想和我说的 |
[17:33] | Nope. | 没有 |
[17:35] | Really. | 真的吗 |
[17:36] | Just, like, just nothing? | 没有任何想说的话吗 |
[17:38] | Like, nothing at all? | 一点都没有吗 |
[17:40] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你一个问题吗 |
[17:41] | Uh, yes, of course. | 当然可以问了 |
[17:43] | You can just, any time. | 随时随地都可以问 |
[17:44] | That-That’s why I’m here. | 我来这就是回答你的 |
[17:45] | So you just ask away. | 你随便问吧 |
[17:47] | Is it okay that I can draw by myself for a little while? | 我可不可以自己安静地画画呀 |
[17:54] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[17:55] | Okay, yeah. | 行 可以 |
[17:57] | You-you want to be alone. | 你想自己待着 |
[18:00] | I get that. | 我懂 |
[18:00] | That is not a problem. | 完全没有问题 |
[18:03] | So, you want your space, | 你想要私人空间 |
[18:05] | and I shall give it to you. | 我马上让出来给你 |
[18:08] | I will withdraw while you draw. | 你挥着画笔 指挥我撤退 |
[18:16] | Son of a bitch. | 真他妈难 |
[18:28] | Walden? | 沃顿 |
[18:29] | Oh, God. | 天呀 |
[18:30] | Oh, Louis. | 路易斯啊 |
[18:36] | What’s going on, man? | 怎么了 小家伙 |
[18:37] | It’s really late. | 现在很晚了 |
[18:38] | I had a question, and you said we could talk any time. | 我有问题想问 你说我可以随时随地来问 |
[18:41] | Well, that’s-that’s just | 那…那不过… |
[18:42] | something that people say, | 都是客套话 |
[18:44] | but, I, uh… | 但我… |
[18:45] | Yeah, what-what’s up? | 好吧 怎么了 |
[18:47] | Am I gonna stay here with you? | 我会继续留下来一直跟你住吗 |
[18:50] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思呢 |
[18:51] | Sometimes I go to a house for a weekend, | 有时候我会到别人家里过周末 |
[18:53] | but then I don’t stay. | 然后我不能继续留下 |
[18:55] | Oh, buddy, that’s what you’re worried about. | 小伙子 原来你担心的是这个 |
[18:56] | Well, come here, c-come here, okay? | 来 上来 |
[18:59] | Jump up here. | 跳上来 |
[19:04] | Listen. | 听着 |
[19:05] | You can stay here as long as you want to. | 你想在这待多久都可以 |
[19:09] | Do you want to? | 你想不想待在这 |
[19:10] | Uh-huh. I really like it here. | 嗯 我很喜欢这里 |
[19:13] | That’s… great. | 那…太好了 |
[19:15] | Really surprising, but it’s great. | 非常出乎意料 但太棒了 |
[19:20] | I’m not going anywhere, | 我哪都不会去 |
[19:21] | and as long as you want to be here, | 只要你还想待在这 |
[19:24] | you’re not going anywhere, either. | 你也哪儿都不用去 |
[19:25] | And believe me, | 而且相信我 |
[19:26] | Alan is gonna be here longer than the both of us. | 艾伦会比我俩在这待的更久 |
[19:30] | So don’t you worry. | 所以你不用担心 |
[19:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:33] | So you really like it here, huh? | 你真的喜欢这里吗 |
[19:36] | All right, what was the best part of the day? | 好的 今天你最喜欢什么 |
[19:38] | The Cheez-Its. Yeah. | 芝士饼干 我就知道 |
[19:41] | And I like Berta. | 我还喜欢波塔 |
[19:43] | Berta’s great, | 波塔人很好 |
[19:44] | and you like me, too, right? | 你也喜欢我的 对吧 |
[19:46] | Berta’s so funny. | 波塔真有意思 |
[19:48] | Patience, patience. | 耐心 耐心 |
[19:50] | Listen, as long as you’re happy. | 只要你开心就好 |
[19:52] | Cool. | 好 |
[19:54] | It is cool, Louis. | 是很好 路易斯 |
[19:56] | It’s very cool. | 是非常好 |
[20:01] | Where’s Alan? | 艾伦在哪 |
[20:06] | Look at us. | 瞧瞧我们 |
[20:07] | We’re like the Three Musketeers. | 简直像”三个火枪手”一样 |
[20:09] | I don’t think the Three Musketeers shared a bed. | 我不觉得三个火枪手会睡在一张床上 |
[20:12] | You don’t know that. | 你又不知道 |
[20:13] | They were French. | 他们可是法国人 |
[20:16] | – Where’s Berta? – No. | -波塔在哪 -不行 |
[20:27] | And then you pull the bird back, | 然后你把鸟往后拉 |
[20:29] | and then let them go fly into the pig’s house. | 然后让鸟往猪的房子上飞 |
[20:32] | And then they roll around, and then they explode. | 然后他们往前滚 然后会爆炸 |
[20:36] | And then it’s fun. | 然后很有意思 |
[20:38] | Angry Birds sounds like it’s fun. | “愤怒的小鸟”听起来挺有意思 |
[20:39] | You know, I bet the birds are so angry | 我敢说那些鸟之所以愤怒 |
[20:42] | ’cause they don’t get enough sleep. | 是因为他们缺乏充足的睡眠 |
[20:44] | It’s the pigs who should be angry. | 愤怒的应该是猪猪 |
[20:46] | The birds are always crashing into their house, | 小鸟总是拆他们的房子 |
[20:48] | even when they build them out of ice or in space. | 不管他们是用冰盖房子 还是盖到太空里 |
[20:51] | I wonder if the pigs are from Three Little Pigs. | 我猜这些猪是不是《三只小猪》里的 |
[20:54] | That’s messed up because the wolf already broke their old houses. | 因为他们的老房子都被狼拆了 才会这么坏心 |
[20:58] | Little help, Alan? | 帮帮忙 艾伦 |