英文名称:American Fiction
年代:2023
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:50] | Okay, let’s begin. | 好 我们开始吧 |
[00:57] | Who wants to start? | 谁想先说? |
[00:59] | Yes, Brittany, kick it off. | 好 布兰妮 你先说 |
[01:02] | I don’t have a thought on the reading, | 我对文本没有想法 |
[01:04] | I just think that that word on the board is wrong. | 我只是对白板上的词有意见 |
[01:07] | 《人造黑鬼》 弗兰纳里·奥康纳著 | |
[01:09] | Well, I think it still has two G’s in it last I checked. | 我满确定“黑鬼”没有写错 |
[01:12] | It’s not funny. | 这并不好笑 |
[01:14] | We shouldn’t have to stare at the N-word all day. | 我们不该成天盯着“黒鬼”一词看 |
[01:17] | Uh, listen, | 听着 |
[01:19] | this is a class on the literature of the American south. | 这是一门关于美国南方的文学课 |
[01:23] | You’re going to encounter | 你们会遇到 |
[01:24] | some archaic thoughts, coarse language, | 老套的思想和粗俗的语言 |
[01:27] | but we’re all adults here | 但大家都是成人 |
[01:29] | and I think we can understand it | 相信你们可以理解 |
[01:31] | within the context in which it’s written. | 这些作品的背景脉络 |
[01:33] | Well, I just find that word really offensive. | 我只是认为那个词很冒犯人 |
[01:37] | With all due respect, Brittany, | 恕我直言 布兰妮 |
[01:39] | I got over it, I’m pretty sure you can too. | 连我都不在意了 我相信你也可以 |
[01:42] | Well, I don’t see why. | 没必要吧 |
[01:48] | Right. | 好吧 |
[01:50] | Now, does anyone else have any | 好 还有人对文本 |
[01:52] | thoughts on the reading? | 有别的想法吗? |
[01:57] | Well, it made some of your students uncomfortable. | 这让你的某些学生感到不舒服 |
[02:00] | When did they all become so goddamn delicate? | 他们何时变得如此脆弱? |
[02:02] | This wasn’t an isolated incident. | -那并不是单一事件 |
[02:03] | What? | -什么? |
[02:05] | Last month you asked a student | 上个月 你问某个学生 |
[02:06] | if his family had been Nazis. | 他家人是否曾是纳粹 |
[02:08] | Yeah, I did, he’s German, | 我的确有这么做 他是德国人啊 |
[02:10] | we were reading The Plot Against America | 我们当时在读《反美阴谋》 |
[02:11] | and trust me, by the way he was squirming, they were. | 相信我 看他坐立不安的样子 他家人一定是 |
[02:14] | Oh, my God. | 老天啊 |
[02:15] | Um, Monk, you are a very talented writer, | 莫克 你是位才华洋溢的作家 |
[02:18] | we’re fortunate to have you here. | 我们很荣幸能聘请你来 |
[02:20] | What? He hasn’t published in years. | -什么? -他有好几年没出书了 |
[02:22] | I have written three novels | 从你上次出书后 |
[02:24] | since the last time you published. | 我已经写了三本小说 |
[02:26] | Yeah, this is true, and the speed with which you write | 你说得没错 而你写作的速度 |
[02:28] | only proves that good things take time. | 再次证明好事多磨 |
[02:29] | – Oh, go to hell, Monk. – Relax, Mandy. | -去死啦 莫克 -别激动 曼帝 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1644个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:292个,六级词汇:160个,GRE词汇:194个,托福词汇:244个,考研词汇:330个,专四词汇:282个,专八词汇:61个, 所有生词标注共:610个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[02:32] | Yeah, relax, Mandy. | 对啊 别激动 曼帝 |
[02:33] | And anyway, my new book is with Echo | 总之 我的新书会由回音出版社出书 |
[02:35] | and my agent says they’re very excited about it. | 我的经纪人说他们非常期待 |
[02:37] | Oh, that’s great to hear. | 真是令人开心的消息 |
[02:39] | – What’s it about? – Can we stop stalling, Leo? | -那本书在讲什么? -别再拖了 李奥? |
[02:44] | Listen, Monk, | 听着 莫克 |
[02:48] | we’d like to give you a break. | 我们希望你能休息一阵子 |
[02:53] | What do you mean, break? | -“休息”是什么意思? |
[02:54] | Just some time off. | -去放个假吧 |
[02:56] | Mandatory time off. | 强制放假 |
[02:57] | It’s just, you’re already going to Boston for the festival, right? | 反正你也要去波士顿 参加读书节 不是吗? |
[03:00] | Why don’t you just stay there for… | -你何不待久一点? |
[03:02] | Because I hate Boston, my family’s there. | -因为我恨波士顿 我老家就在那里 |
[03:04] | Well, you need some time to relax. | 你需要放松 |
[03:05] | You’re on edge, man. | 你太紧绷了 老兄 |
[03:07] | You’re under the impression that time spent | 你以为跟家人相处 |
[03:08] | with my family will take the edge off. | 就能让压力消失吗? |
[03:11] | – I’m fine. – You’re not fine. | -我没事 -才怪 |
[03:12] | I saw you crying in your car last week. | 我上周看到你在车里哭 |
[03:14] | He punched the steering wheel. | 他还揍了方向盘 |
[03:16] | Oh, wow. | 哇 |
[03:17] | You know, if you spent less time spying on me, | 若你少花点时间监视我 |
[03:22] | you could probably write a dozen more novels | 你也许可以多写一打书 |
[03:25] | that people buy at airports | 放在机场 |
[03:26] | with their neck pillows and Cheez-Its. | 跟那些颈枕和饼干一起卖 |
[03:29] | Oh, here we go. Okay. You want to go, dirty doggy? | 你走心了 要杠上了吗 烂人? |
[03:31] | Okay, well, enjoy Boston. | 好 祝你在波士顿玩得开心 |
[03:33] | You can… you can get my book at the airport. | 你可以去机场买我的书 |
[03:35] | – Oh, and, good luck with Echo. | 也祝你跟回音合作愉快 |
[04:41] | Hello? | 喂? |
[04:42] | Welcome back. How’s it feel to be home? | 欢迎回来 回家的感觉如何? |
[04:45] | Great. Already had a guy | 很棒 已有全家伙 |
[04:47] | in a Bruins jersey ask me if I think I’m better than him. | 穿着波士顿棕熊队运动衫 问我是否自以为高人一等? |
[04:49] | That’s good luck here. | 那代表好运 |
[04:51] | That’s Boston’s version of a ladybug landing on you. | 是波士顿版本的好运 |
[04:55] | Any news? | 有什么新消息吗? |
[04:57] | Patrick at Echo is passing. But who fucking cares? | 回音的帕特里克不想要这本书 但谁在乎? |
[04:59] | He’s an old alcoholic. | 他是个老酒鬼 |
[05:01] | – What is that? Nine now? – He says, | 那是他拒绝的第九本书吗? |
[05:03] | “This book is finely crafted | 他说:“这本书写得不错 |
[05:06] | with fully developed characters and rich language, | 角色的发展完整 词汇丰富 |
[05:09] | but one is lost to understand what this reworking of | 但我不懂他改写 |
[05:12] | Aeschylus’ The Persians has to do | 艾斯奇勒斯的《波斯人》 |
[05:15] | with the African-American experience?” | 与非裔美国人的经验有何关联” |
[05:16] | There it is. | 就是这样 |
[05:17] | There it is. | 就是这样 |
[05:19] | They want a Black book. | -他们想要黑人的书 |
[05:20] | They have a Black book. | -他们已经有黑人的书 |
[05:21] | I’m Black, and it’s my book. | 我是黑人 这是我的书 |
[05:24] | You know what I mean. | 你懂我的意思 |
[05:25] | You mean they want me to write about a cop killing some teenager | 你是说他们要我写 关于警察杀死青少年 |
[05:28] | or a single mom in Dorchester raising five kids. | 或在多切斯特 抚养五个孩子的单亲妈妈 |
[05:30] | Dorchester is pretty white now. But yes. | 多切斯特现在已经很白了 但你说得没错 |
[05:34] | Jesus Christ. You know, | 老天 |
[05:35] | I don’t even really believe in race. | 我根本不在乎种族 |
[05:37] | Yeah. The problem is that everyone else does. | 但问题是 其他人都很在乎 |
[05:43] | Anyway, have fun at the book festival. | 总之 祝你读书节愉快 |
[05:45] | And just don’t insult anyone important. Please. | 千万不要侮辱任何重要人物 拜托 |
[05:53] | Writing from a historical perspective | 从历史的观点写作 |
[05:55] | doesn’t mean that you can’t | 并不表示你不能写出 |
[05:57] | make work that doesn’t resonate with today’s audiences. | 与现代人有共鸣的作品 |
[06:01] | Yeah, I think of things like Game of Thrones as proof that | 我认为对我们这些书呆子而言 《权力的游戏》证明了 |
[06:04] | nerds like us can still find great success. | 这样的作品也能成功 |
[06:11] | Unfortunately, we’re going to have to end it there. | 很可惜的 今天的讨论只能到此为止 |
[06:14] | Thank you to our authors | 感谢作家 |
[06:15] | and thanks to all of you for attending. | 和与会者们共襄盛举 |
[06:22] | Is it just me, or was this small even for a book festival? | 是我的错觉 还是这读书节场子真的很小? |
[06:26] | Yeah, it’s because we’re up against Sintara. | 是真的 因为我们在跟辛塔拉比场子 |
[06:29] | Who? | 谁? |
[06:30] | Sintara Golden. You haven’t read her? | 辛塔拉·戈登 你没读过她的书吗? |
[06:33] | No, what’s her book called? | 不知道 她写了什么书? |
[06:37] | 《咱们在贫民窟的日子》 辛塔拉·戈登著 | |
[06:37] | Raves everywhere. | 这本书红遍天下 |
[06:40] | The Post, Bookforum. | 报章杂志争相报道 |
[06:42] | The London Review of Books said, | 《伦敦书评》评论 |
[06:43] | “We’s Lives in Da Ghetto | “《咱们在贫民窟的日子》 |
[06:46] | is a heartbreaking and visceral debut.” | 是部令人心碎又发自肺腑的处女作” |
[06:49] | Plus a little birdie told me that perhaps | 我也听说她的作品 |
[06:52] | there’s a TV adaptation in the works? | 有要改编成电视剧 |
[06:55] | – No comment. | 不予置评 |
[06:57] | Okay, it was worth a shot. | 好吧 至少我试着问了 |
[07:00] | Tell us, what was your life like | 你成为作家前的生活 |
[07:02] | before you were an author? | 是什么样子呢? |
[07:04] | Well, I did undergrad at Oberlin | 我在欧柏林读完大学后 |
[07:07] | and moved to New York the day after graduation | 搬到纽约 毕业隔天我就搬了 |
[07:11] | and a couple months later, | 几个月后 |
[07:13] | I was an assistant at a publisher. | 我在出版社当助理 |
[07:15] | And did that assistant experience shape your writing? | 当助理的经验 是否影响了你日后的著作? |
[07:17] | Absolutely. Yeah, I was a first reader meaning | 当然 我是第一读者 |
[07:21] | I would read all the manuscripts in the slush pile | 表示我会读完所有的稿子 在一大叠稿子中 |
[07:24] | and send them up the ladder if they were any good. | 挑出不错的作品 继续往上送 |
[07:27] | Some of them were great, most were not. | 有些作品还不错 但大多稿子都差强人意 |
[07:32] | But the feeling I couldn’t shake was that | 但有种感受令我难以忘怀 |
[07:35] | no matter how good the books were, | 就是无论那些书有多棒 |
[07:38] | most every submission was from some white dude from New York | 大部分都是纽约的白人男作家写的 |
[07:43] | going through a divorce, | 他们当时正在经历离婚 |
[07:44] | and too few of them were about my people. | 没什么作品是关于我的族群 |
[07:48] | And so I think, | 这让我思考: |
[07:50] | “Where are our stories?” | “我们的故事呢?” |
[07:53] | You know, “Where’s our representation?” | “代表我们的著作在哪里?” |
[07:55] | And it was from that lack | 正因为这种匮乏 |
[07:57] | that my book was born. | 我的书也随之诞生 |
[08:00] | Would you give us the pleasure of reading an excerpt? | 能帮我们读一段你的作品摘录吗? |
[08:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:12] | “‘Yo, Cheranda, | “哟 莎兰德 |
[08:15] | where you be goin’ in a hurry likes that?’ | 你这么匆忙要去哪里?” |
[08:17] | Donna aks me when she see me comin’ out the house. | 唐娜看我出门时问道 |
[08:21] | ‘Ain’t none ya business, | “不关你的事 |
[08:23] | but if’n you gots to know, I’s goin’ to the pharmacy.’ | 但你想知道的话 我要去药店” |
[08:28] | I looks back at the door to see if Mama comin’ out. | 我回头往门口看我妈是否出来了 |
[08:31] | ‘The pharmacy? What for?’ she aks. | “药店?为什么?” 她问 |
[08:36] | ‘You know’, I says. | “你知道的” 我说 |
[08:39] | ‘Nah’, she say. | “才怪” 她说 |
[08:42] | ‘Hell, nah! Girl, you be pregnant again?’ | “不会吧 姑娘 你又怀孕了?” |
[08:46] | ‘Might’s be’, I tells her. | “有可能” 我告诉她 |
[08:49] | ‘And if I is, | “如果是真的话 这一次 |
[08:51] | Ray-Ray’s gonna be a real father this time around.'” | 小瑞真的要当爸了” |
[08:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:03] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[09:46] | – Hi… – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[09:48] | I’m here to see Lisa Ellison. | 我要找莉莎·艾里森 |
[09:49] | Uh, do you have an appointment? | 你有挂号吗? |
[09:50] | We’re about to close. | 我们快关门了 |
[09:51] | No, I’m her brother. | 没有 我是她哥 |
[09:54] | There she is. | 她就在那里 |
[10:00] | Hello, Monk. | 你好 莫克 |
[10:04] | Hi, Lisa. | 嗨 莉莎 |
[10:14] | Okay, you’re in a boat, the motor cuts out, | 你在船上 马达坏了 |
[10:18] | but you’re in shallow water, | 但水并不深 |
[10:19] | but you’re wearing $600 shoes, but… | 而你穿着非常昂贵的鞋子 但… |
[10:23] | your ride to the airport | 你前往机场的车 |
[10:25] | is just pulling away from the beach, | 就要从沙滩上开走了 |
[10:27] | why, oh, why is this a legal issue? | 这会产生什么选择问题? |
[10:34] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[10:37] | It’s a matter of row versus wade. | 你只能选鸡不可湿或机不可失 |
[10:38] | Oh, my God. | 老天 |
[10:41] | I think that’s one of my best. | 我觉得那是我最得意的笑话 |
[10:43] | Wow. | 哇 |
[10:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:51] | – When did you start smoking again? – Mm… | 你何时又开始抽烟的? |
[10:55] | Right after the divorce. | 离婚后 |
[10:58] | I always hated Larry. | 我一直都很痛恨赖瑞 |
[11:00] | Oh, I know. | 我知道 |
[11:01] | You told me right when we started dating. | 我们交往时你就这么说了 |
[11:02] | Do you remember how mad I got? | 你还记得我有多生气吗? |
[11:04] | “It’s not your business who I fuck! Who I fellate.” | “我搞谁吹谁都不关你的事” |
[11:07] | I definitely did not say “fellate.” | -我才没说“吹” |
[11:09] | I thought you did. That’s how I heard it anyway. | -我以为你有 总之那是我听到的意思 |
[11:13] | It’s good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[11:16] | Yeah, it’s good to see you too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[11:22] | How’s work? | 工作如何? |
[11:23] | It’s not very glamorous. | 不太光彩 |
[11:26] | I go through a metal detector every day. | 我每天都得走过金属探测器 |
[11:30] | Well, what you do is important. | -你的工作很重要 |
[11:32] | Well… | -这个嘛 |
[11:34] | Meanwhile, all I do is | 而我只能 |
[11:36] | invent little people in my head, | 在脑中想象各种人物 |
[11:38] | then make them have imaginary conversations with each other. | 并创造想象的对话 |
[11:41] | Books change people’s lives. | 书本会改变人们的生命 |
[11:44] | Did something I’ve written ever change your life? | 我写的东西改变过你的生命吗? |
[11:46] | Absolutely. | 当然有 |
[11:48] | Absolutely. | 毫无疑问 |
[11:51] | My dining room table was wobbly as hell | 我的餐桌本来很不稳 |
[11:53] | before your last book came out. | -然后你出了新书 |
[11:55] | – Oh, my God. All right. – It was, like, perfect. | -老天 够了 -厚度实在太完美了 |
[11:57] | – Yeah. Oh, God. – I’m telling you and… | -真的 -老天 太厉害了 |
[11:58] | Take me back to Logan, please. | -拜托送我回机场 |
[12:00] | – Logan cannot help you, Monk. | -机场也帮不上忙 莫克 |
[12:01] | – Oh, my God! | -我的老天 |
[12:04] | Welcome home, baby! | 欢迎回家 宝贝 |
[12:11] | Hello! | 有人在吗? |
[12:13] | Hello! | 有人吗? |
[12:19] | – Mr. Monk! – Lorraine! | -莫克先生 -罗兰 |
[12:25] | You know how that makes me feel. It’s just Monk. | 你知道这样会让我很尴尬 叫我莫克就好 |
[12:27] | Oh, don’t do that to me, | 别这样 |
[12:29] | you know I’m too old to learn new names. | 我年纪大了 记不住新名字了 |
[12:32] | – How you doing, Miss Lisa? – I’m good. | -你好吗 莉莎小姐? -我很好 |
[12:34] | – You look good, Mr. Monk. – Oh, I look fat. | -你看起来很不错 莫克先生 -我变肥了 |
[12:37] | Oh, that’s the California talking. | 加州人才会这样说 |
[12:39] | I took you to Arkansas right now, | 若我带你去阿肯色州 |
[12:41] | – you’d be a beauty queen. – Ooh! | 你马上会变成选美皇后 |
[12:42] | – Is that my Monkie? – That’s frightening. | -是我的小亲亲吗? -太可怕了 |
[12:49] | – Hi, Mother. – Oh. | 嗨 妈 |
[12:53] | – You look fat. – Ah, I know. | -你变肥了 -我知道 |
[12:56] | You ready to go to dinner, Mrs. Ellison? | 准备去吃晚餐了吗 艾里森太太? |
[12:58] | Uh, I just need my purse and my black cardigan. | 我只要钱包和我的黑色开襟衫 |
[13:00] | All right, I’ll get it. | 好的 我去拿 |
[13:01] | – Are you all right? – Oh. | 你还好吗? |
[13:03] | You overeat when you’re depressed. | 你每次心情不好的时候就会爆食 |
[13:04] | I’m not depressed, | 我没有心情不好 |
[13:06] | I’ve just been not sleeping well lately | 我只是最近都没睡好 |
[13:09] | and so, fell off my exercise routine. | 也因此没有规律运动 |
[13:11] | – Mm. – Here. | -坐吧 |
[13:12] | So you’re not depressed. | -所以你心情没有不好 |
[13:14] | You just wear all the hallmarks of depression. | 你只是有各种心情不好的症状 |
[13:19] | I missed you. | 我很想你 |
[13:22] | Is Larry coming? | 赖瑞要来吗? |
[13:25] | No, Mother. | 没有 妈 |
[13:28] | Larry and I are separated, remember? | 赖瑞跟我分开了 记得吗? |
[13:30] | – Of course, I remember. – Okay. | -我当然记得 -好 |
[13:33] | I just thought he might join us. | 我只是觉得他也能加入我们 |
[13:37] | To see your brother. | -看看你哥 |
[13:39] | Okay. | -好吧 |
[13:43] | I mean, is it really such a big deal? | 有必要这样小题大做吗? |
[13:44] | Everyone forgets things. | 大家都会忘记事情 |
[13:46] | Doesn’t mean she’s sick necessarily. | 这并不表示她生病了 |
[13:47] | People forget dentists’ appointments. | 人们都会忘记牙医约诊 |
[13:51] | She forgets I’m not married anymore. | 她忘记我离婚了 |
[13:53] | That’s weird. | 太奇怪了 |
[13:57] | What do you suggest we do? | -你觉得我们该怎么做? |
[13:58] | Why do I have to decide? | -为什么是我要决定? |
[14:00] | – Because you’re a doctor. – So are you. | -因为你是医生 -你也是 |
[14:02] | I’m not that kind. | 我不是那种医生 |
[14:03] | Okay, my point is, you are an intelligent adult. | 重点是 你是个聪明的成人 |
[14:08] | And I’m tired of being the only person that takes care of her. | 我很厌倦成为她唯一的照顾者 |
[14:11] | Well, I don’t recall anyone assigning you that responsibility. | 我不记得有人逼你这么做 |
[14:13] | No, you and Cliff just fled west as soon as you could | 是没有 但你和克里夫 马上就搬去西岸 |
[14:16] | and left me as caretaker by default. | 让我被迫成为唯一的照顾者 |
[14:18] | My work’s there. | -“我的工作在那里” -对啦 “我的工作在那里” |
[14:19] | -“My work’s there.” Yeah. – Apologies that it prevents me | 我很遗憾 这让我无法 |
[14:21] | from keeping up with the family melodrama. | 跟上家里发生的大小事情 |
[14:24] | If you lived up the block, you wouldn’t know what was going on. | 就算你住在附近 你也不会知道发生了什么事 |
[14:26] | I’m stuck here taking care of that old house and finding | 我被困在这里照顾那间老房子 |
[14:29] | love letters from Dad’s affairs. | 找出爸外遇的情书 |
[14:31] | – His what? – His affairs. | -爸什么? -爸外遇了 |
[14:33] | You didn’t know he was having affairs? | 你不知道他有外遇? |
[14:35] | No. How did you? | 不知道 你怎么知道的? |
[14:37] | Well, he was an OBGYN that was traveling constantly, | 他是位常旅行的妇科医生 |
[14:41] | but his patients were in Boston. | 但他的病人都在波士顿 |
[14:43] | He said he was going to conferences. | 他说他去参加会议 |
[14:44] | He was making house calls. | 他是去巡田水 |
[14:47] | Do you know that I saw him kiss a white woman | 我曾经看过他亲一位白人女人 |
[14:50] | in the park in high school? | 就在高中校园 |
[14:52] | How white? | -有多白? |
[14:53] | What do you mean, “How white?” | -这句话是什么意思? |
[14:54] | Like Brahmin white or Southie white. | 是贵妇白还是南波士顿白? |
[14:56] | I don’t know. She had thin lips. | 谁知道啊 她的嘴唇很薄 |
[14:59] | She looked like a bad kisser. | 感觉接吻技术不太好 |
[15:02] | Did you tell Mother? | -你有跟妈说吗? |
[15:03] | No. I wasn’t going to blow up our lives. | -才没有 我才不要搞砸我们的生活 |
[15:06] | She’s coming back. Mom. Mom. | 她回来了 妈 |
[15:08] | Mom. Mom. | 妈… |
[15:09] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[15:13] | How you doing? | 你还好吗? |
[15:15] | Our waitress isn’t wearing a bra. | 我们的女服务生没有穿内衣 |
[15:17] | Okay. | -好喔 |
[15:19] | I didn’t notice. | -我没发现 |
[15:23] | See this shit? | 看到这鬼东西了吗? |
[15:25] | This gonna take us out of the ghetto. | 这东西能让我们离开贫民区 |
[15:26] | But there are rules in the house. | 但这间房子有些规矩 |
[15:28] | Number one, never leave this product in the house. | 第一 不准把产品放在屋里 |
[15:31] | And number two, get your own crew. | 第二 自己找你的员工 |
[15:33] | Number three, got to have discipline in your crew. | 第三 你的员工必须遵守纪律 |
[15:35] | Number four, don’t praise a nigga too much. | 第四 别太常夸奖黑鬼 |
[15:38] | Otherwise he’s gonna think you’re soft. | 不然他们会觉得你很软弱 |
[15:39] | Rule number five, don’t show no love. | 第五 不准示爱 |
[15:42] | – Love will get you killed. | 爱会害了你的命 |
[15:44] | See this, it’s like a bitch. | 看到了吗?就像是婊子一样 |
[15:47] | You fuck a bitch, don’t let a bitch fuck you. | 婊子是给你上 不是来上你的 |
[15:50] | You’re a man who don’t need nothing. | 你是男子汉吗?那你谁都不需要 |
[15:52] | No one will get you through. | 没人可以伴你过漫漫长夜 |
[15:53] | This bitch? This bitch will take your soul. | 这婊子?这婊子会吸走你的魂 |
[15:57] | You niggas ain’t got no fam… | 你们黑鬼没有家… |
[16:05] | Excuse me, uh, Ned. | 不好意思 尼德 |
[16:08] | Do you have any books by the writer Thelonious Ellison? | 你们有作家 塞洛尼斯·艾里森的书吗? |
[16:15] | Yeah, this way. | 有 在这边 |
[16:20] | – Here you go. – Right. | -就在这里 -好的 |
[16:24] | Wait a minute, why are these books here? | 等等 为什么这些书在这里? |
[16:26] | I’m not sure. | 我不知道 |
[16:28] | I would imagine that this author Ellison is… Black. | 我只能猜作者艾里森是黑人 |
[16:32] | That’s me. Ellison. Yeah. | -我就是艾里森 -嗯 |
[16:35] | He is me, and he and I are Black. | 他就是我 我们都是黑人 |
[16:39] | Oh, bingo. | 噢 我猜对了 |
[16:41] | No bingo, Ned, these books | 你没有猜对 尼德 这些书 |
[16:43] | have nothing to do with African-American studies, | 与非裔美国人研究毫无关联 |
[16:45] | they’re just literature. | 它们只是文学作品 |
[16:47] | The blackest thing about this one is the ink. | 这里最黑的东西是墨水 |
[16:51] | I don’t decide what sections the books go in. | 书放哪一区不是我决定的 |
[16:53] | No one here does. That’s how chain stores work. | 这里的工作人员都无法 连锁书店就是这样 |
[16:57] | Right, Ned. | 好吧 尼德 |
[16:59] | You don’t make the rules. | 规矩不是你定的 |
[17:04] | I’m just going to put them back after you leave. | 我会等你走之后再放回去 |
[17:06] | Don’t you dare, Ned. | 你试试看啊 尼德 |
[17:08] | Do not you dare. | 你给我试试看 |
[17:12] | Ned. | 尼德 |
[17:22] | Monk, what are you doing? | 莫克 你在干什么? |
[17:27] | Mom’s only going to get worse. | 妈妈的状况只会越来越糟 |
[17:31] | They say mental exercise is good, | 他们说脑力训练是有帮助的 |
[17:32] | that’s why I got her that gardening book. | 所以我才买那本园艺书给她 |
[17:35] | Does growing cucumbers count as mental exercise? | 种小黄瓜算脑力训练吗? |
[17:38] | I hate when you do that. | -你这么做时真的很讨厌 |
[17:39] | What? | -怎样? |
[17:41] | You share your condescending opinion as a question | 你通过问题来表达你的讥讽 |
[17:43] | trying to disguise the condescension. | 试图隐藏你的不屑 |
[17:45] | Why don’t you just say | 你为何不直接说 |
[17:46] | that you think that gardening is idiotic? | 你觉得园艺很蠢 |
[17:48] | – Uh, because that’s not what I was doing. – Bullshit. | -因为我并没有这样 -才怪 |
[17:50] | Bullshit. Bullshit. | -才怪… |
[17:54] | Maybe we can hire a nurse a few times a week. | 也许我们可以找个看护 每周来几次 |
[17:57] | Who’s going to pay for that? | -谁要付看护的钱?? |
[17:58] | You… you can’t afford it? | -你付不起吗 |
[18:00] | Not after the divorce, I cannot. | 离婚后就没办法了 |
[18:04] | – Well, it will hurt, | 虽然这样会让人心痛 |
[18:05] | but we’ll probably have to sell the beach house. | 但我们也许要卖掉海滩房 |
[18:07] | Yeah, we definitely need to sell the beach house, | 我们确实必须卖掉那间海滩房 |
[18:10] | but that money is going to go | 但那笔钱 |
[18:12] | to pay back the reverse mortgage | 是要用来还 |
[18:13] | that our mother took out on the other house. | 妈另外一间房屋的反向抵押贷款 |
[18:17] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[18:22] | Look, I can send some money home, | 我可以汇钱回来 |
[18:23] | but it’s not going to be much. | 但不会太多 |
[18:24] | Can’t Cliff chip in? | 克里夫不能帮忙吗? |
[18:25] | Cliff’s not in a good place, okay? | -克里夫的状况不太好 |
[18:27] | Who is? Okay? | -谁状况好了? |
[18:28] | Monk, Becca took everything. | 莫克 贝卡夺走一切 |
[18:31] | And the kids are getting teased at school. | 他的孩子在学校被嘲笑 |
[18:34] | – I didn’t know. – Well… | -我不知道 -这个嘛 |
[18:36] | Maybe you should call him. | 也许你可以打电话给他 |
[18:43] | I’m sorry I’ve always been so distant. | 我很抱歉我一直都很疏远 |
[18:50] | You couldn’t help that. | 你也不是故意的 |
[18:52] | You were always Dad’s favorite. | 你总是爸的最爱 |
[18:56] | And that made Cliff and I bond, and you resented us | 那让克里夫和我感情比较好 |
[18:59] | for having that bond, and then… | 这也导致你讨厌我们 所以… |
[19:01] | I don’t know, you just became self-sufficient. | 你变得独来独往 |
[19:06] | You never talked about this. | 我们从没谈过这样的事 |
[19:07] | We never talked about anything. | 我们从没谈过任何事 |
[19:11] | Is that surprising? | 很不可思议吗? |
[19:13] | Look at our parents. | 看看我们的父母 |
[19:16] | The only emotions I remember from Dad… | 我唯一记得爸的情绪 |
[19:22] | were boredom and rage. | 就只有无聊跟暴怒 |
[19:25] | Is boredom an emotion? | 无聊是一种情绪吗? |
[19:27] | Great. It’s Detective Dictionary. | 又来了 字典侦探 |
[19:32] | You haven’t called me that in forever. | 你很久没有这样称呼我了 |
[19:33] | Oh, God! | 老天 |
[19:36] | – What? Oh, come on! – Oh, God! | -怎么了?别装了 -老天 |
[19:41] | – Lisa? You okay? Hey. | 莉莎?你还好吗?嘿 |
[19:46] | – Hey, help! Help! | 嘿 救命!帮帮忙! |
[20:46] | “If you are reading this | “若你正在读这封信 |
[20:48] | it’s because I, Lisa Magical Ellison… | 这表示我 神奇的莉莎·艾里森 |
[20:53] | have died. | 已经过世了 |
[20:57] | Obviously, this is not ideal… | 当然 这种状况很糟 |
[21:00] | but I guess it had to happen at some point. | 但我想这种事总得发生 |
[21:04] | Hopefully, I… | 希望 我… |
[21:09] | Hopefully, I expired | 希望我是被大汗淋漓的 |
[21:11] | under the heaving thrusts of a sweaty Idris Elba | 伊卓瑞斯·艾巴 猛烈地操爆而死 |
[21:16] | or perhaps in a less dignified manner, | 或是更没尊严一点 |
[21:19] | under the heaving thrusts of a sweaty Russell Crowe.” | 是被大汗淋漓的罗素·克洛操爆 |
[21:24] | “Irrespective of how I went, | 无论我是怎么走的 |
[21:26] | I ask that those closest to me… | 我希望最亲近我的人 |
[21:30] | not mourn all that much. | 不要为我太难过 |
[21:33] | I lived a life that made me proud. | 我过了自豪的人生 |
[21:36] | I… | 我… |
[21:38] | I was loved… | 我有被爱着 |
[21:41] | and I loved in return. | 也有回馈这样的爱 |
[21:45] | I found work that aroused my passions. | 我找到让我有热情的工作 |
[21:48] | I believe I gave more than I took. | 我相信我付出的比获得还多 |
[21:51] | And I did my damnedest to help people in need. | 我也尽我所能帮助别人 |
[21:55] | And on top of all that, | 除此之外 |
[21:56] | many a friend wrongly accused me of having Botox | 许多朋友都因为我年逾50还肌肤紧致 |
[21:59] | because of how tight my skin stayed well into my 50’s. | 而胡乱控诉我 认为我有打波尿酸 |
[22:04] | What more could someone ask of a life? | 这种人生夫复何求? |
[22:08] | I love you all. | 我爱你们 |
[22:10] | Thank you for being here today. | 谢谢你们今天来到这里 |
[22:15] | Goodbye. | 永别了 |
[22:18] | Lisa.” | 莉莎敬上” |
[22:25] | Cliff? | 克里夫? |
[22:52] | Are those human remains? | 那是骨灰吗? |
[22:55] | You guys have a permit for that? | 你们有得到许可吗? |
[22:56] | Just shut the fuck up, Phillip. | 给我闭嘴 菲力普 |
[22:58] | Cliff, you don’t talk to me like that. | 克里夫 不准这样跟我说话 |
[23:00] | Fuck you. I just did. | 去你的 谁理你 |
[23:01] | – What? – You want me to beat your ass? | -什么? -你要我揍你一顿吗? |
[23:02] | – I’m just… – Get the fuck out of here. | -我只是… -给我滚 |
[23:04] | I will eat your sweater vest for dinner. | 我要把你生吞活剥 |
[23:06] | – No… Yep. – Bitch. Go. One. | -不要 -混蛋 快滚 |
[23:07] | Get the fuck out of here, Phillip. | -给我滚 菲力普 |
[23:09] | – I’m just… – Two. | -我数到一…-二 |
[23:10] | – Three. – Always been a fucking douche. | -三 -他总是这么讨人厌 |
[23:31] | Where is everybody? | 大家都在哪里? |
[23:33] | They’re exhausted. | 大家都累坏了 |
[23:35] | I gave Lorraine something to help her sleep. | 我有给罗兰助眠药 |
[23:37] | Mother’s taking a bath. | 妈在洗澡 |
[23:38] | Then I’m going to dose her too. | 我之后也会给她药 |
[23:41] | You think maybe I can get some of that later tonight? | 晚点也可以给我吗? |
[23:44] | Yeah. What, you’re not sleeping well? | 好啊 你睡不好吗? |
[23:48] | Normally, I sleep fine, but just lately. | 我通常都睡得不错 但最近不好 |
[23:53] | Yeah. | 了解 |
[23:54] | Does seeing a dead body ever become normal? | 人们会习惯看到尸体吗? |
[23:57] | I don’t know. I haven’t seen many. | -不知道 我也没看过多少 |
[23:59] | Really? | -真的吗? |
[24:00] | I’m a plastic surgeon. | 我是整形医师 |
[24:02] | If I’m looking at a corpse, then something went very awry. | 若我看到尸体 那表示大事不妙了 |
[24:06] | Right. | 也是 |
[24:09] | Yeah. Made me feel for Mother. | 这让我替妈感到难过 |
[24:12] | Can’t imagine what she must’ve gone through finding Dad… | 很难想象当她发现爸过世的心情 |
[24:17] | you know, like that. | -是那样走的 |
[24:19] | I know. | -我懂 |
[24:21] | So much death. | 这么多死亡 |
[24:31] | When was the last time we were here together? | 我们上回团聚在此是何时呢? |
[24:36] | Maybe ten years. | 也许十年前吧 |
[24:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[24:39] | The kids were still little. | -孩子们都还很小 |
[24:41] | Yeah. | -对 |
[24:45] | How is your family, by the way? | 对了 你的家人还好吗? |
[24:48] | You actually care? | 你在乎吗? |
[24:50] | Of course. Why would I ask? Why would you ask me that? | 当然 不然我问你干什么? 你为何这么问? |
[24:52] | I don’t know, Monk. You never really called. | 不知道 莫克 你不曾打来关心 |
[24:54] | – I get busy. – Yeah, everybody gets busy. | -我很忙 -对 大家都很忙 |
[24:57] | You drift away. | 你疏离我们 |
[25:00] | You want to know how my family is? | 你想知道我的家人如何? |
[25:02] | My wife left me ’cause she caught me in bed with a man. | 我妻子因为发现我和别的男人 在床上而离开我 |
[25:06] | She took my house, half my practice. | 她夺走了我的房子和一半的诊所 |
[25:09] | My kids fucking hate me. | 我的孩子恨死我了 |
[25:12] | And I still live in fucking Tucson. | 我还住在该死的图森 |
[25:16] | What was wrong with Tucson? | 图森怎么了? |
[25:17] | Oh, my God. There’s one gay bar | 老天 那里有一家同志酒吧 |
[25:19] | and it’s full of college kids. | 里面都是大学生 |
[25:20] | One of them asked me if I was Tyler Perry. | 有人问我是不是泰勒·派瑞 |
[25:24] | That’s terrible. | 太糟了 |
[25:25] | I mean, Tyler Perry lives in Atlanta, right? | 泰勒·派瑞住在亚特兰大 |
[25:27] | Fuck you, man. | 去死啦 |
[25:31] | Shut up. | -闭嘴 |
[25:32] | Nowhere near Tucson. | -离图森那么远 |
[25:33] | Oh, boy. | 老天 |
[25:38] | Did you know Dad had affairs? | 你知道爸有外遇吗? |
[25:39] | Oh, for sure. | 当然 |
[25:41] | How? | 怎么知道的? |
[25:43] | You could just tell. | 看就知道啊 |
[25:45] | Lisa told me she saw him kissing a white woman once. | 莉莎说她看过他亲一个白人女人 |
[25:48] | Why did I have no idea? Why am I the last to know? | 为什么我都不知道?为什么我是最后知道的? |
[25:52] | Because you loved him too much. | 因为你太爱他了 |
[25:54] | Enemies see each other better than friends. | 敌人比朋友更了解彼此 |
[26:00] | What the hell did you give her? | 你给她吃什么? |
[26:01] | It’s oxycodone. But knocks them right out. | 止痛药 能让她们马上睡着 |
[26:04] | You gave her opioids to sleep? | 你给她止痛药帮助睡眠? |
[26:05] | Yeah. You ever seen a heroin addict? | 对啊 你看过嗑海洛因的人吗? |
[26:07] | Those guys take naps standing up. | 那些家伙站着就可以睡 |
[26:09] | It’s dangerous. | 太危险了 |
[26:10] | Look, I’m keeping an eye on her. I’m a doctor. | 我会仔细观察她的 我是医生 |
[26:12] | – So am I. – Right. | -我也是 -才怪 |
[26:13] | Maybe if we need to revive a sentence. | 除非有句子需要急救 |
[26:15] | Well, why do you have synthetic smack anyway? | 但你为什么会有这种药? |
[26:25] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[26:35] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[26:38] | Mother? | 妈? |
[26:42] | Mother? | 妈? |
[26:44] | Mother. | 妈 |
[26:48] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[26:50] | Hey. What are you doing? Hey. | 嘿 你在干什么? |
[26:54] | Mother. | 妈 |
[26:57] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[27:05] | Come on. | 还好吗? |
[27:09] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[27:12] | Well, I’m not sure, to be honest with you. | 老实说 我也不清楚 |
[27:14] | It’s going to depend on what the doctors say. | 要看医生怎么说 |
[27:16] | Yeah, I’ll touch base when I know more. | 有更多信息我再跟你说 |
[27:19] | Thanks so much for being understanding. | 感谢你的体谅 |
[27:23] | Hey, um, Leo, one more thing. | 李奥 还有一件事 |
[27:27] | I was wondering if maybe we could treat this | 也许我们可以把这件事 |
[27:29] | as a sabbatical as opposed to a leave of absence? | 视为学术休假而不是请假 |
[27:31] | Whatever happens with my mother, | 不管我妈怎么了 |
[27:33] | it’s going to cost some money. | 都需要花钱 |
[27:37] | No, I understand. | 不 我了解 |
[27:39] | No, it’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[27:41] | I’ll figure something out. | 我会再想办法 |
[27:43] | Yeah. | 对 |
[27:44] | Thanks for your help. | 感谢你的帮忙 |
[27:46] | Okay. Bye-bye. | 好 再见 |
[27:50] | Dame. | 可恶 |
[27:56] | You don’t have to do that. | 你不用这么做 |
[27:58] | Oh, no. I do. | 不 我想这么做 |
[27:59] | It’s tomato season. You can’t let them go to waste. | 现在是西红柿季 可不能浪费了 |
[28:01] | – Ooh. – A crime around here. | 那可是暴殄天物 |
[28:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:06] | That’s what neighbors are for, right? | 这就是邻居应尽的义务 对吧? |
[28:08] | Welcome to the neighborhood. | 欢迎搬到这区 |
[28:11] | I thought the place was vacant. | 我以为这间房屋是空屋 |
[28:13] | Uh, it has been for a while. | 它确实空了一阵子 |
[28:16] | We just got here last night. | 我们昨晚才到 |
[28:17] | Oh. Figured the place was haunted. | 我以为这里闹鬼 |
[28:20] | They said some old man blew his brains out there a while back. | 听说有个老人在这 开枪轰了自己的脑袋 |
[28:26] | Yeah. | 对 |
[28:30] | Oh, my God. I… | 噢 我的天 我… |
[28:35] | I’m a fucking idiot. | 我真是个该死的白痴 |
[28:37] | Please forgive me. | 请原谅我 |
[28:38] | Well… | 没关系 |
[28:41] | Oh, I’m very sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[28:43] | What’d she do for a living? | 她是做什么的? |
[28:45] | She was a doctor. Um… | 她是医生 |
[28:48] | Most of my family, doctors. Basically, I’m the outcast. | 我大部分的家人都是医生 基本上 我是个局外人 |
[28:54] | Um, what do you do for work? | 你是做什么的? |
[28:56] | I’m a lawyer. | 我是律师 |
[28:58] | Public defense. Quincy. | 公设辩护人 在昆西 |
[29:00] | Very honorable. | 很值得尊敬 |
[29:01] | Yeah. It’s very hard, but can be rewarding. | 是啊 很不容易 但很有成就感 |
[29:07] | May I ask you something | 我可以问一个… |
[29:08] | that I’m sure a lot of people ask you? | 很多人都会问的问题吗? |
[29:11] | How do I feel about defending guilty people? | 替罪犯辩护的感觉是什么? |
[29:14] | Yeah. | -对 |
[29:15] | – I love it. – Why? | -我很喜欢 -为什么? |
[29:17] | I have to. And they’re all guilty. | -我得替他们辩护 而他们都有罪 |
[29:21] | – Really? – Yes. But that’s okay. | -真的吗? -对 但没有关系 |
[29:23] | People are more than their worst deed. | 在罪行背后 人们还是有他的价值 |
[29:27] | I guess I agree with that. | -我想我同意 |
[29:28] | Mm. Sure you do. | -我想也是 |
[29:31] | You’re a writer. | -你是作家 |
[29:32] | I don’t follow. | -我不懂 |
[29:34] | Well, writers have to be non-judgmental. | 作家都必须保持中立 |
[29:36] | You can’t write interesting characters | 你不能写出一些有趣的角色 |
[29:39] | and be critical of every bad decision they make. | 却又同时批评他们所做的错误决定 |
[29:41] | Right? | 对吧?- |
[29:42] | Maybe you should be the writer. | 也许你才该当作家 |
[29:43] | I don’t feel like much of one lately. | 我最近没什么当作家的感觉 |
[29:45] | You blocked? | 你遇到写作瓶颈了? |
[29:48] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[29:50] | I don’t think anybody wants to buy what I write. | 我觉得人们不想买我写的书 |
[29:53] | That’s not true. | 才不呢 |
[29:54] | I didn’t want to say anything, | 我本来不想透露 |
[29:56] | but, um, I actually read one of your books. | 但我其实有读过你的某本书 |
[29:59] | Hm. Which? | 哪本? |
[30:01] | The Frogs. | 《青蛙》 |
[30:02] | Oh, so you were the one. | 原来就是你 |
[30:03] | I liked it. | 我很喜欢 |
[30:06] | You’re talented. | 你很有才华 |
[30:14] | You’re expecting company? | 有人要来吗? |
[30:18] | Yeah. | 对 |
[30:29] | Hello. | -你好 |
[30:31] | – Hey. – Jelani, uh, this is Monk. | -嘿 杰拉尼 这是莫克 |
[30:33] | He and his family own the house across the street. | 对街的房子是他和他家人的 |
[30:36] | Nice to meet you. | -很高兴见到你 |
[30:38] | Yeah, it’s a pleasure. | -我也是 |
[30:39] | Are you staying for dinner? | 你要留下来吃晚餐吗? |
[30:42] | No, I need to go check in on my mother. | 不了 我要去看我妈 |
[30:44] | Cool. | -好的 |
[30:45] | Thank you, uh… | -谢谢你… |
[30:50] | For the wine, and… | 招待我喝酒 |
[30:53] | good night. | 晚安 |
[30:57] | Good night, Monk. | 晚安 莫克 |
[31:49] | What time’s your flight? | -你的飞机是几点? |
[31:51] | 11:00. | -11点 |
[31:54] | You think, uh, maybe you could change it? | 可以改时间吗? |
[31:57] | Think it would be useful to have you | 如果你能来 |
[31:59] | at Mother’s doctor’s appointment today. | 一起跟妈看诊会很有帮助 |
[32:00] | I can’t. I got to get home. | 没办法 我得回家 |
[32:03] | Fine, but you think you can chip in | 好 那你可以帮忙出点照护费吗? |
[32:05] | for her care once we find out what’s what? | 一旦我们找出病因后? |
[32:07] | It’s probably going to be pretty expensive. | 也许会很贵 |
[32:08] | Things are tight right now, so… | 我手头有点紧 |
[32:10] | You thought about firing Lorraine? | 你有想过解雇罗兰吗? |
[32:15] | Lorraine is family. | -罗兰算家人了 |
[32:17] | Well, shit, Monk. | -该死 莫克 |
[32:18] | I don’t know what to tell you, all right? | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[32:20] | So you can’t do anything? | 所以你什么都帮不上忙? |
[32:21] | I will check with my accountant | 我回去后 |
[32:23] | when I get back, all right? | 会跟会计师讨论 好吗? |
[32:25] | It’s 8:00 in the morning. | 现在才早上八点 |
[32:26] | I’m not flying the fucking plane, Monk. | 我又没有要开飞机 莫克 |
[32:33] | Well, do you think you could be so kind | 你愿意进门去 |
[32:36] | as to go inside and see if Mother is ready to head out? | 看看妈准备出门了没吗? |
[32:40] | All right. Hey. | 好吧 嘿 |
[32:41] | – Mother! – Don’t yell, man. | -妈 -别大吼 |
[32:42] | Be civilized. | 文明点 |
[32:43] | You’re just like our dad, man. | 你实在跟爸很像 |
[32:45] | So you do right by me, Monk. I swear to fucking God. | 你只会数落我 莫克 我向天发誓 |
[32:49] | Clown. | 白痴 |
[32:51] | You want to see civilized? | 想知道文明人是怎样吗? |
[32:52] | – Mother! | 妈 |
[32:58] | Morning. | 早安 |
[33:01] | Hey. Morning. | 嘿 早安 |
[33:03] | Listen… | 听着 |
[33:05] | – about last night, uh… – Oh. | 关于昨晚… |
[33:07] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[33:08] | You don’t have to explain. I had a good time. | 你不用解释 我昨晚很开心 |
[33:10] | No, I… | 不 我… |
[33:13] | Jelani, he’s my ex. | 杰拉尼是我前男友 |
[33:16] | Well, he’s going to be. | 即将成为前男友 |
[33:18] | We’re in the middle of breaking up and… | 我们正在分手中 |
[33:21] | it’s hard. | 这实在不容易 |
[33:24] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[33:26] | I’d like to see you again. | 我想再跟你相处 |
[33:28] | Do you think that you’ll be around town next couple of days? | 你接下来几天会在镇上吗? |
[33:31] | You know, grab a drink? | 可以喝一杯 |
[33:35] | Yeah, I’d like that. | 好啊 |
[33:39] | Yeah, me too. | 好 我也是 |
[33:42] | Drive safe. | 开车小心 |
[33:44] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:00] | 我总想 从文学世界中 获益更多 | |
[34:10] | Mr. Ellison? | 艾里森先生? |
[34:13] | We’re ready. | 我们准备好了 |
[34:18] | Her MRI shows | 她的磁共振成像显示 |
[34:19] | early signs of neurodegeneration. | 她有初期神经退化现象 |
[34:23] | There’s a slight decrease in the size of the temporal lobe | 颞叶逐渐缩小 |
[34:26] | which suggest Alzheimer’s. | 表示可能有阿兹海默症 |
[34:29] | I’m very sorry, Mr. Ellison. | 我很遗憾 艾里森先生 |
[34:31] | But at some point, | 但之后 |
[34:33] | she’ll probably require around-the-clock care | 她可能会需要全天候的照顾 |
[34:36] | for her own safety. | 这是为了她的安全 |
[35:44] | – Hey, young nigga. – Hey! | -嘿 黑鬼小子 -嘿 |
[35:45] | Hey, whoa, whoa. | 嘿 等等 |
[35:48] | Don’t shoot me, partner. Come on now. | 别开枪 伙伴 别这样 |
[35:54] | Van Go. | 范哥 |
[35:56] | That you? | 是你吗? |
[35:57] | Yeah, me, nigga. | 对 是我 老兄 |
[35:59] | Shit. What, you drunk, motherfucker? | 靠 你喝醉了吗 小混蛋? |
[36:03] | Where you running to? | 你要去哪里? |
[36:06] | Just leave me alone, man. | 别管我 老兄 |
[36:10] | How your mama? | 你妈还好吗? |
[36:13] | What you say? | -你说什么? |
[36:14] | I said, how your mama? | -我说 你妈还好吗? |
[36:19] | Oh, shit. | 靠 |
[36:22] | They ain’t tell you, huh? | 他们没告诉你吗? |
[36:24] | What you talking about, punk? | 你在说什么? |
[36:25] | Hey, what you talking about? | 嘿 你在说什么? |
[36:29] | Think about it, Van Go. | 你想想 范哥 |
[36:31] | Look at my face. | 看我的脸 |
[36:34] | Look at my midnight black complex… | 看我黝黑的脸庞 |
[36:37] | No, that’s not right. | 不 不太对劲 |
[36:40] | What did you want to say? | 你想怎么说? |
[36:42] | You can say it better than that, right? | 你可以再说好一点吧? 对吧 |
[36:44] | Come on. What do you want? | 你想怎样? |
[36:50] | Think about it, Van Go. | 你想想 范哥 |
[36:52] | Look at my face. | 看我的脸 |
[36:55] | Look at my coal black skin. | 看我黝黑的皮肤 |
[36:57] | And then look at your own. | 然后看看你自己的 |
[37:01] | Look at my black eyes. | 看我乌黑的眼睛 |
[37:03] | Now look at your own. | 再看看你自己的 |
[37:06] | Look at my big black lips. | 看我厚实的黑唇 |
[37:07] | Now look at your own. | 再看看你自己的 |
[37:11] | I’s your daddy whether you like it or not. | 无论你喜不喜欢 我就是你老子 |
[37:12] | Shut up, okay? Shut up, man! You lying! | 闭嘴 别说了 你这骗子 |
[37:15] | No, no, that’s the truth, nigga. | 不 这是实话 小子 |
[37:18] | So, where you been, huh? | 你都去哪里了? |
[37:21] | Where you been? | 你去哪里了? |
[37:22] | I’ve been where I always be. | 我一直都在我该在的地方 |
[37:25] | Surviving. | 努力生存 |
[37:27] | You ain’t worth a piss. | 你连屎尿都不如 |
[37:29] | Your mama ain’t worth a piss. | 你妈屎尿都不如 |
[37:30] | So here I am. | 所以我才来 |
[37:41] | What do I say now? | 我现在要说什么? |
[37:43] | I think now will come some sort of, you know, | 现在应该要说点 |
[37:46] | dumb, melodramatic sob story | 愚蠢且令人难过的故事 |
[37:48] | where you, uh, highlight your broken interiority. | 你会强调你破碎的心灵 |
[37:50] | Something… something like, um, I don’t know… | 类似 我也不知道 |
[37:58] | I hates this man. | 我恨透这个男人 |
[38:01] | I hates my mama. | 我恨透我妈 |
[38:02] | And I hates myself. | 我也恨透我自己 |
[38:07] | I’ve seen my face in his. | 我在他的面容中看到我自己 |
[38:10] | I see the ape that all them stupid girls were afraid of, yeah. | 我看到那头女孩们都害怕的野兽 |
[38:14] | I can see my long arms hanging down. | 我可以看到我垂在身边的一双长手 |
[38:17] | And I see eyes that don’t care what happens tomorrow. | 也可以看到我不在乎明日的双眼 |
[38:24] | I see myself | 我看到我自己 |
[38:26] | rocking back on my heels, just like this, baby. | 就像这样站着晃着 |
[38:29] | Just waiting. | 正在等待 |
[38:31] | And waiting, and waiting, and waiting, | 不断等待… |
[38:33] | and waiting for something | 等待某事 |
[38:35] | that I’m not even going to recognize when it comes! | 等待连我都不知道是什么的事 |
[38:37] | Death is my only cure. | 死亡是唯一的解药 |
[38:40] | I heard that before. | 我以前就听过这种说法 |
[38:43] | I’ve been hearing it, and I’m hearing it now. | 我一直都有听说 现在也是如此 |
[38:48] | I see… | 我看到 |
[38:53] | I see my mama crying. | 我看到我妈在哭泣 |
[38:55] | I see her screaming in my dreams. | 我看到她在我梦中尖叫 |
[38:58] | I see my babies. | 我看到我的孩子 |
[39:00] | I see my… | 我看到我的… |
[39:02] | I see my daddy. | 我看到我爸 |
[39:05] | I see myself. | 我看到我自己 |
[39:09] | What the fuck? | 搞屁啊 |
[39:14] | What the fuck you do that for? | 你为何这样? |
[39:15] | Because you ain’t shit, nigga. | 因为你不废 |
[39:19] | And you made me. | 你创造了我 |
[39:23] | So because you ain’t shit, I ain’t shit. | 因为你不废 我也不废 |
[39:27] | Because you ain’t shit, I ain’t shit. | 你不废 我也不废 |
[39:37] | I gots to bounce. | 我得走了 |
[39:43] | Peace, motherfucker. | 再会啦 混蛋 |
[39:46] | Peace. | 再见 |
[39:50] | What the fuck was that for? | 刚才那是什么鬼? |
[39:56] | You’re watching Black Stories Month on WHN. | 你正在WHN收看《黑人故事月》 |
[40:03] | Celebrating the diversity of the African-American experience. | 颂扬非裔美国人的多元经验 |
[40:07] | Join us for more riveting cinema, | 请继续收看更多引人入胜的电影 |
[40:09] | – heartbreak, and drama. | 心碎和戏剧 |
[40:12] | – Mama! | 妈妈- |
[40:14] | Hello? | 喂? |
[40:16] | “I be standing outside in the night, | 我在夜晚中站在户外 |
[40:19] | a police chopper go by | 一台警用直升机飞过 |
[40:20] | and shine some lights in some backyards | 用探照灯打在后院 |
[40:22] | and I think, ‘Shine that light on me, motherfucker, | 我想:“把光打在我身上吧 混蛋 |
[40:26] | shine me some fucking light | 把该死的光打在我身上 |
[40:28] | so I can see where the fuck I be at.'” | 我才能看见我到底身在何方” |
[40:31] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗? |
[40:32] | You notice I didn’t put my name on it. | 你有发现我没放我的名字吗? |
[40:34] | Yes, Stagg R. Leigh, | 对 你放斯塔格·R·利亚 |
[40:35] | I did notice that. Well done. | 我有发现 很棒 |
[40:37] | But I still can’t send this out. | 但我还是没把它送出去 |
[40:39] | You said you wanted Black stuff. | 你说你想要黑人文学 |
[40:40] | What’s Blacker than that? | 这个不够黑吗? |
[40:41] | It’s got deadbeat dads, | 里头有游手好闲的爸爸 |
[40:43] | rappers, crack, | 饶舌歌手、毒品 |
[40:45] | and he gets killed by a cop in the end. | 他最后还被警察杀了 |
[40:46] | I mean, that’s… that’s… that’s Black, right? | 这样很黑对吧? |
[40:51] | I see what you’re doing. | -我知道你在干什么 |
[40:52] | Good, because it’s not subtle. | -很好 因为这一点都不隐讳 |
[40:54] | I mean, how’s that book so different | 这本书跟其他出版社 |
[40:55] | than some of the other garbage they put out? | 出的垃圾书们有什么差别? |
[40:57] | That’s not the point. | -那不是重点 |
[40:58] | Well, it’s my point. | -这就是我的重点 |
[40:59] | Look at what they publish. | 你看看他们出版的东西 |
[41:01] | Look at what they expect us to write. | 看看他们要我们写的东西 |
[41:03] | I’m sick of it. | 我感到厌恶 |
[41:04] | And that’s an expression of how sick I am. | 这是我表达厌恶的方式 |
[41:07] | Monk, I’m trying to sell books, | 莫克 我想要卖书 |
[41:09] | not be a part of some crusade. | 而非参加某种圣战行动 |
[41:12] | Who do you expect to publish this? | 有谁会想出这种书? |
[41:13] | No one. | 没人 |
[41:15] | I just want to rub their noses in the horseshit they solicit. | 我只希望他们碰了一鼻子灰 |
[41:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:20] | What do you want me to do? | 那你希望我怎么做? |
[41:21] | I want you to send it out. | 我要你把稿子送出去 |
[41:22] | Can I say it’s performance art? | 我可以说这是表演艺术吗? |
[41:24] | No. Send it straight. | 不 直接送出 |
[41:26] | If they can’t take the joke, then fuck them. | 若他们开不起玩笑 就去死吧 |
[41:30] | All right, but I’m only sending it | 好 但我只想寄给 |
[41:32] | to a couple of places. This thing scares me. | 几家出版社就好 这东西吓到我了 |
[41:33] | Scares you? Why? | 吓到你?为什么? |
[41:35] | Because white people think | 因为白人希望 |
[41:36] | they want the truth, but they don’t. | 能看到真相 事实却不然 |
[41:38] | They just want to feel absolved. | 他们只想感到被饶恕 |
[41:41] | Well, fortunately, that’s not my problem. | 幸好那不是我的问题 |
[41:44] | – Okay. – Bye. | -好 -再见 |
[42:07] | I’m surprised you reached out. | 我很惊讶你来找我 |
[42:08] | I thought you were just being nice. | 我以为你只是表示友善而已 |
[42:10] | Oh, I’m never just being nice. I’m too old for that. | 我从不只是表示友善 我这年纪已经不干这种事了 |
[42:14] | You know, I like you so much, in fact, | 我很喜欢你 事实上 |
[42:15] | that I went out and got another one of your books. | 我又去买了你的另一本书 |
[42:18] | Really? Which one? | 真的吗?哪本? |
[42:20] | The Haas Conundrum. | 《海斯难题》 |
[42:22] | What’d you think? | 你觉得如何? |
[42:24] | I liked it. | 我很喜欢 |
[42:26] | Susan has really great dialogue. | 苏珊的对白很棒 |
[42:29] | And I love the aunt. | 我也喜欢里面的阿姨 |
[42:32] | Wow. I mean, you write women well. | 你很会描写女性 |
[42:34] | Oh, you think so? | 真的吗? |
[42:36] | Yeah. They’re not hothouse flowers. | -对啊 她们不再是温室花朵 |
[42:37] | Thank you. | -谢谢 |
[42:40] | – I appreciate that. – Mm. | 谢谢你这么说 |
[42:42] | I could’ve done with less footnotes though. | 但我觉得不需要有那么多批注 |
[42:52] | I, uh… | 我… |
[42:53] | I got to run. | 我得走了 |
[42:57] | Well, how’s your mom? | 你妈还好吗? |
[42:59] | In and out. | 时好时坏 |
[43:01] | I’m afraid to be away for too long. | 我可能离开太久了 |
[43:04] | – Yeah. – But, uh… | -好 -但是… |
[43:08] | I’ll, uh… | 我会… |
[43:11] | I’ll call you. | 我会再打给你 |
[43:14] | Hold on a minute. | 等等 |
[43:21] | Sign my book. | 帮我的书签名 |
[43:33] | What’s your name again? | 你叫什么名字? |
[44:21] | Mr. Monk? | 莫克先生? |
[44:27] | What’s going on with the lights? | 怎么没有灯? |
[44:29] | Miss Lisa used to pay the bill. | 莉莎小姐以前会负责付电费 |
[44:32] | Did you? | 你付了吗? |
[44:38] | How much? | 多少钱? |
[44:39] | Well, I can handle the electrical bills, | 我可以负责电费 |
[44:42] | but these care facilities are expensive. | 但照护机构实在太贵了 |
[44:45] | The best one nearby | 最近又最好的一家 |
[44:46] | is $5,600 a month, and that’s for a shared room. | 每个月要交5600 而且还是多人房 |
[44:51] | It goes up to $6,900 a month for a private room. | 单人房的话是6900 |
[44:54] | Well, why you looking at the best one? | 你为何一定要找最好的? |
[44:55] | She wasn’t the best mother. | 她又不是世上最好的母亲 |
[44:57] | Look, I’m not here to re-litigate our childhoods. | 听着 我不是来重提儿时恩怨的 |
[44:59] | Of course not, because yours was great. | 当然不是 因为你的童年很棒 |
[45:00] | Goddamn it! Are you going to help me or not? | 该死 你到底要不要帮忙? |
[45:03] | Won’t Medicaid cover it or something? | 有医疗福利可以帮忙吗? |
[45:05] | That’s not how it works. You don’t know this? | 那不是这么用的 你不知道吗? |
[45:08] | Oh. Hello. | 你好 |
[45:12] | Who’s that? What are you doing? | 那是谁?你在干什么? |
[45:14] | – I’ve taken a lover. | 我要去上我爱人 |
[45:15] | You’ve taken a lover? | 你要去上你爱人? |
[45:17] | You got a problem with that, homophobe? | 有什么问题吗?恐同人士? |
[45:18] | Listen, I’m not offended that you’ve taken a lover, Cliff. | 听着 你要去上你爱人 不会冒犯我 克里夫 |
[45:21] | I’m offended, Cliff, | 我被冒犯的地方 克里夫 |
[45:22] | that you call it taking a lover. | 是你说:“你要去上你爱人” |
[45:25] | Mm, you can eat shit, nigga. | 去吃屎吧 黑鬼 |
[45:27] | – I’ll take my lover right now. | 我现在要去上我爱人了 |
[45:29] | Hey, where you going? | 嘿 你要去哪? |
[45:49] | There you are. | 你来了 |
[45:50] | Traffic was insane. What’s up? | 路上堵车 怎么了? |
[45:52] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[45:58] | Have a seat. | 坐下 |
[46:04] | We sold your book. | 我卖掉你的书了 |
[46:08] | Holy shit! | 老天 |
[46:10] | – I thought it was DOA. – Not The Persians. | -我以为这本书没救了 -波斯人可不这么认为 |
[46:16] | No. | 不会吧 |
[46:17] | – Get out! | 太狂了 |
[46:19] | Paula Betaman from Thompson-Watt. | 是汤普森·瓦特出版社的葆拉·贝特曼 |
[46:21] | She always passes. | 她每次都拒绝 |
[46:23] | Not this time. They want to preempt for $750,000. | 这次可没有 他们想以75万美金抢先购入 |
[46:27] | No one’s ever offered that much to me. | 从没有人给我这样的价格 |
[46:30] | – This is you. – No, it’s not, Arthur. | -现在你得到了 -不 阿瑟 |
[46:32] | – You wrote it. – As a joke. | -书是你写的 -我是写来闹笑话的 |
[46:34] | Well, now it’s the most lucrative joke you’ve ever told. | 那这就是你说过最好赚的笑话了 |
[46:37] | – And I’m not selling. – Why not? | -我不要卖 -为什么? |
[46:39] | Because it’s trash, Arthur. | 因为那是垃圾 阿瑟 |
[46:41] | You didn’t even want to send it out the other day. | 你之前甚至不想把它寄出去 |
[46:44] | Oh, but look who’s suddenly overcome his fears. | 但看看是谁瞬间不怕了 |
[46:47] | I know, I broke the first rule of sales. | 我知道 我为了销售破戒 |
[46:50] | Never underestimate how stupid everyone is. | 绝对不要小看人们愚蠢的程度 |
[46:52] | Well, I’m not participating in making them any stupider. | 我不要再让这件事更加愚蠢了 |
[46:56] | Well, you haven’t thus far, | 你目前还没 |
[46:57] | which is admirable, but… | 这的确值得令人敬佩 但是… |
[47:01] | you also haven’t made any money. | 你也还没赚到钱 |
[47:06] | Doesn’t your mom need help these days? | 难道你妈不需要这笔钱吗? |
[47:11] | Check this out. | 你看 |
[47:16] | I don’t care how drunk we get, I’m not selling it. | 我不管我被灌多醉 我不要卖 |
[47:18] | That’s not what I’m doing. | 我没有要这么做 |
[47:22] | Johnnie Walker Red, 24 bucks. | 约翰走路红牌威士忌 24美金 |
[47:25] | Johnnie Walker Black, 50 bucks. | 约翰走路黑牌威士忌 50美金 |
[47:28] | Johnnie Walker Blue… | 约翰走路蓝牌威士忌 |
[47:31] | $160. | 160美金 |
[47:33] | You see the metaphor? | 你懂我的比喻了吗? |
[47:35] | No. | 不懂 |
[47:36] | These are all made by the same company. | 这些都是同公司制造的酒 |
[47:39] | The Red is shit, the Black is less shit, | 红牌很难喝 黑牌没那么难喝 |
[47:41] | the Blue is good. | 蓝牌很好喝 |
[47:43] | But fewer people buy the blue because it’s expensive. | 但很少人买蓝牌 因为很贵 |
[47:46] | And at the end of the day, | 而大家一天终了之时 |
[47:47] | most people just want to get drunk. | 只想喝醉 |
[47:50] | For most of your career, your books have been Blue. | 你的职涯中 你的书都是蓝牌 |
[47:53] | They’re good, complex. | 都很棒 很复杂 |
[47:56] | But they’re not popular | 但它们并不受欢迎 |
[47:58] | because most people want something easy. | 因为人们只想看好读的书 |
[48:01] | Now, for the first time ever, you’ve written a Red book. | 你生平第一次写出红牌书 |
[48:05] | It’s simple, prurient. | 简单又低俗 |
[48:07] | It’s not great literature, but… | 不是好的文学作品 |
[48:10] | satisfies an urge. | 却满足人们的需要 |
[48:13] | And that’s valuable. | 这是很宝贵的 |
[48:15] | What I’m trying to illustrate is that, | 我想要描述的是 |
[48:17] | just because you do Red | 只因为你写了红牌书 |
[48:19] | doesn’t mean you can’t also do Blue. | 不表示你写不出蓝牌 |
[48:22] | You can do it all. | 你什么书都能写 |
[48:24] | Like Johnnie Walker. | 就像约翰走路一样 |
[48:25] | In fact, you got Johnnie Walker beat, because… | 事实上 你比约翰走路还强 因为… |
[48:28] | you don’t even have to put your real name on it. | 你还不用放上你真正的名字 |
[48:37] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[48:40] | Do we drink now? | 要开喝了吗? |
[48:46] | Hello? | -喂? |
[48:47] | Hello, Paula. | -喂 葆拉 |
[48:49] | Arthur! So wonderful to hear from you. | 阿瑟 很高兴接到你的电话 |
[48:52] | Um, I hope that you are with the man of the hour. | 希望你有跟那位当红炸子鸡在一起 |
[48:55] | I am, indeed. He’s right here next to me. | 没错 他就坐在我旁边 |
[48:57] | Mr. Leigh? | 利亚先生? |
[48:59] | Uh, yeah, this is he. | 我就是 |
[49:02] | Oh, really? | 真的吗? |
[49:12] | Yeah, goddamn it. | 对 怎么了吗? |
[49:14] | – Right. Right. Okay. – Motherfucker. | -好耶 好的 -去你的 |
[49:17] | Yeah, I was a little confused at first, but… | 我本来有点疑惑 但是… |
[49:20] | We’re both very excited to discuss Thompson-Watt’s offer. | 我们都很期待 讨论汤普森·瓦特的开价 |
[49:23] | Yes, well, first of all, let me just say | 好的 首先我得说 |
[49:24] | that all of us here at Thompson-Watt | 汤普森·瓦特的全体同仁 |
[49:26] | are thrilled with My Pafology. | 都很爱《我有病》 |
[49:28] | It is about as perfect a book as I have seen in a long, long while. | 这真是长久以来最完美的书了 |
[49:32] | Just… just raw and real. | 很直接很真实 |
[49:36] | And, Mr. Leigh, is this based on your actual life? | 利亚先生 这是改编自 你的真实故事吗? |
[49:42] | Yeah, you think some bitch-ass college boy | 对啊 难道你以为这个故事 |
[49:44] | can come up with that shit? | 是某个大学屁孩想出来的吗? |
[49:46] | No, no. No, I don’t. | 不 我没有 |
[49:47] | No. You know, that kind of | 书中那股… |
[49:50] | visceral energy cannot be taught, right? | 原始能量是学不来的 对吧? |
[49:54] | Stagg… May I call you… Now, is Stagg a pseudonym? | 斯塔格…我可以这么称呼你吗?斯塔格是笔名吗? |
[49:58] | Yes, uh, it is. | 是的 |
[50:00] | Mr. Leigh can’t use his real name | 利亚先生不能用本名 |
[50:03] | because he’s a… | 因为他是… |
[50:05] | Well, he’s a wanted fugitive. | 他是通缉犯 |
[50:08] | Oh, my God. Wow. | 我的天 哇 |
[50:10] | That’s why this couldn’t be a video conference. | 所以他才不能进行视频通话 |
[50:12] | Are you crazy? What if they fact check this? | 你疯了吗?万一他们去查证怎么办? |
[50:15] | I checked. There’s barely money to pay editors anymore. | 查证?他们连付编辑的费用都快没了 |
[50:18] | Just go with it. | 就跟着演出吧 |
[50:22] | Yeah, I did a 12-year bid, but no going back. | 对 我才刚坐牢12年 我不要再回去了 |
[50:27] | Know what I mean? | 你懂我的意思吗? |
[50:29] | Yeah. Yeah, you know, um… | 我懂 这样吧 |
[50:32] | I’ve been reading a lot | 我读了很多 |
[50:34] | about the prison abolition movement… | 关于废除监狱运动的书 |
[50:36] | – Oh, God! – I’ve… | -老天 -我已… |
[50:37] | Sorry to rush, Paula, but can we talk business? | 很抱歉催促你 葆拉 但我们可以谈正事吗? |
[50:39] | Mr. Leigh values his time outside of a cell. | 利亚先生很重视他狱外的时间 |
[50:42] | Of course. | 当然 |
[50:43] | I’m sure you’re both very, very busy | 我相信你们都很忙 |
[50:44] | so I will get right to it. | 那么我就直接讲重点吧 |
[50:46] | Um, you’ll notice that our offer is… | 你会发现稿费 |
[50:50] | unusually large | 非比寻常地高 |
[50:51] | and that is because we believe | 那是因为我们相信 |
[50:54] | Mr. Leigh has written a bestseller. | 利亚先生写出了畅销书 |
[50:57] | We think it is going to be the read of the summer. | 我们认为那会是今夏必读的畅销书 |
[50:59] | Yeah, I’m sure | 我相信 |
[51:01] | white people on the Hamptons will delight in it. | 汉普顿的白人们 会很喜欢这本书 |
[51:05] | Yes, we will. | 没错 我们… |
[51:07] | They… We… It’s going to be huge. Huge. | 一定会 这本书一定会热卖 |
[51:11] | I love it. | 我爱死了 |
[51:21] | Is that little Thelonious Ellison? | 是塞洛尼斯·艾里森吗? |
[51:26] | My God! Maynard! | 老天 米纳 |
[51:30] | Everyone still call you Monk? | 大家都还是称呼你为莫克吗? |
[51:34] | everyone but you. | 除了你之外都是这样 |
[51:35] | Well, it’s a beautiful name. | 那是个很美的名字 |
[51:38] | It seems simple not to use it whole. | 不完整称呼实在太罪过了 |
[51:41] | Well, I’m glad someone appreciates it. | 很高兴有人喜欢 |
[51:44] | I heard about your sister. My condolences. | 我听说你妹的事了 请节哀 |
[51:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:49] | I don’t think I’ve seen you since | 我好像很久没看到你了 |
[51:52] | before your father passed? | 自从你父亲过世后 |
[51:53] | Yeah, it’s been a while. I live in LA now. | 是啊 好一阵子了 我现在住在洛杉矶 |
[51:56] | Oh! Hollywood. | 好莱坞 |
[51:58] | Hey, do you write for that NCIS? | 你是《重返犯罪现场》的编剧吗? |
[52:01] | Just books. | 我只有写书 |
[52:03] | Well, you should try to write for NCIS. It’s popular. | 你应该去当《重返犯罪现场》的编剧 那部戏很红 |
[52:06] | – Well, maybe I will. | 也许吧 再看看 |
[52:08] | Hey, so, how you been? | 你最近过得如何? |
[52:10] | Oh, I’m good. And you? | -还不错 你呢? |
[52:12] | – Yeah… – Mr. Monk. | -这个嘛 莫克先生 |
[52:13] | What would you like for dinner? | 你晚餐想吃什么? |
[52:17] | Maynard! | -米纳 |
[52:19] | Hi, Lorraine. | -嗨 罗兰 |
[52:20] | It’s been a dog’s age. | 好久不见了 |
[52:23] | Well, I guess it has. | 我想也是 |
[52:26] | You look well. | 你看起来还不错 |
[52:29] | You too. | 你也是 |
[52:33] | Well, I best be getting back. | 我得回去了 |
[52:35] | It’s good to see you, Thelonious. | -很高兴见到你 塞洛尼斯 |
[52:37] | You too. | -我也很高兴 |
[52:41] | Lorraine. | 罗兰 |
[52:56] | Ain’t nothing to smile at. | 没什么好笑的 |
[53:00] | – Oh! There she is. | 她来了 |
[53:02] | Behave yourself. | 乖一点 |
[53:11] | Hey. Hi. | -嘿 -嗨 |
[53:15] | – Got this for you. – Oh, thank you. | -这个是送你的 -谢谢 |
[53:17] | – Lorraine, this is Coraline. – Oh. | 罗兰 这是卡罗琳 |
[53:20] | – Hey. – Welcome. | -嘿 -欢迎 |
[53:21] | – Yeah, hello. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[53:22] | Mother, perfect timing. | 妈 这时机真好 |
[53:23] | This is Coraline. | 她是卡罗琳 |
[53:25] | Hello, dear, I’m Agnes. | 你好 亲爱的 我是爱格妮斯 |
[53:27] | Such a pleasure to meet you. I brought you these. | 很高兴见到你 我买了这些 |
[53:29] | Dahlias are my favorite. | 我最爱大丽花了 |
[53:32] | There’s a whole world inside them. | 花瓣中藏了一整个世界 |
[53:40] | – Lorraine? – Yes. | -罗兰? -好的 |
[53:42] | Mother, you sit here. | 妈 你坐这里 |
[53:47] | All right. | 好的 |
[53:49] | And, Coraline, why don’t you sit across from Mother? | 卡罗琳 你坐我妈对面好吗? |
[53:52] | Oh, sure, sure. | 好的 |
[53:59] | Okay. | 好 |
[54:03] | I’m happy you’re not white. | 我很高兴你不是白人 |
[54:06] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[54:20] | Yeah, it was pretty funny. | 对啊 满好笑的 |
[54:22] | Well, I think you… | 我觉得你… |
[54:25] | I think you remind her of my sister. | 你让我想到我妹 |
[54:30] | Well, do you think we look alike? | 你觉得我们很像吗? |
[54:35] | No, but… | 不像 但是… |
[54:37] | you’re both self-assured… | 你们都很有自信 |
[54:40] | and funny… | 也很幽默 |
[54:42] | and you’re both… | 你们也都… |
[54:46] | fantastic kissers. | 吻技很好 |
[55:00] | Mrs. Ellison? | 艾里森太太? |
[55:04] | Mrs. Ellison? | 艾里森太太? |
[55:08] | Mr. Monk! | 莫克先生 |
[55:12] | Mr. Monk! | 莫克先生 |
[55:15] | – I just… I just… – What’s wrong? | -我只是… -怎么了? |
[55:17] | I just stepped outside for a moment. | -我只是出来一下子 |
[55:18] | What’s wrong? | -怎么了? |
[55:20] | Having a cup of coffee with Maynard, | 跟米纳喝杯咖啡 |
[55:21] | I was right in front. | 就在前面而已 |
[55:22] | Where’s Mother? | -妈呢? |
[55:23] | – I don’t know! – What? | -我不知道 -什么? |
[55:25] | The backdoor was open. | -后门是开的 |
[55:26] | – She gone. – What? | -她不见了 -什么? |
[55:28] | We should split up. Here. | 我们分开去找她 给你 |
[55:30] | I got more in the car. | 我车上还有更多 |
[55:35] | Mother! | 妈 |
[55:37] | Mother! | 妈 |
[55:39] | Mother! | 妈 |
[55:42] | Mother! | 妈 |
[55:47] | Mother! | 妈 |
[55:50] | Mother. | 妈 |
[55:53] | Mother! | 妈 |
[55:57] | Mother! Hey! | 妈!嘿! |
[56:00] | Mother! Mother! | 妈 |
[56:02] | Hey! Hey, stop! | 嘿 停下来 |
[56:04] | Hey! Where are you going? | 嘿 你要去哪里? |
[56:05] | Lisa’s out there | 莉莎在外头 |
[56:07] | roughhousing with the cousins. Somebody’s going to get hurt. | 跟表亲起争执 有人会受伤 |
[56:10] | Stop. Um… | 停下来 妈 |
[56:11] | I will go tell her. Okay? | 我会告诉她 好吗? |
[56:15] | – Yeah, but then… – I’ll take you back to the house | -好 但是… -我带你回家 |
[56:17] | and then I will go tell her. | 然后我会去告诉她 |
[56:18] | But they’re out there. | -但他们在外面 |
[56:19] | I know, I know. | -我知道 |
[56:21] | – Okay, you sure? – I will tell her. | -你确定吗? -我会告诉她 |
[56:23] | – Okay. – Now, come on. | -好 -走吧 |
[56:24] | It’s too cold out here. | -外头太冷了 |
[56:26] | – You should… – Okay. | -你应该… |
[56:27] | Lisa doesn’t swim very well. | -莉莎不太会游泳 |
[56:29] | I know. I know. | -我知道 |
[56:31] | Okay. Almost there. | 好 快到了 |
[56:34] | All right. | 没事了 |
[56:36] | Oh, good. | 很好 |
[56:38] | – Good. – Here we go. | -很好 -走吧 |
[56:41] | All right. | 好 |
[56:43] | Okay, Monkie. | 好的 莫克 |
[56:44] | All right. | 好 |
[56:52] | And this is our library. | 这是我们的图书馆 |
[56:55] | It’s full of all the classics. And we try to get some new releases too. | 里面有各种经典作品 我们也会买新的书 |
[57:02] | Do you like to read, Mrs. Ellison? | 你喜欢阅读吗 艾里森太太? |
[57:04] | No. | 不喜欢 |
[57:05] | That’s not true. | 才怪 |
[57:07] | She loves to read. She taught me to love reading. | 她很爱读书 是她教我爱上阅读的 |
[57:09] | Perhaps we can get | 也许我们可以 |
[57:11] | some of your son’s books in here. | 买一些你儿子的书 |
[57:12] | And you can lead a book club. | 你可以带领读书会 |
[57:18] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[57:20] | It’s fine. It’s hard for a lot of the residents at first. | 没关系 这对新入住居民并不容易 |
[57:22] | But she’ll settle in. | -但她会习惯的 |
[57:23] | Right. | -好 |
[57:26] | I appreciate all your help, | 很感谢你的帮忙 |
[57:28] | but how soon do you think we can get her in? | 但你觉得她多快能住进来? |
[57:30] | Uh, in about a month. | 大概一个月 |
[57:32] | You can start the paperwork today if you’d like. | 你如果愿意的话 今天可以开始准备文件 |
[57:34] | – Great. I’d like that. | 太好了 没问题 |
[57:37] | I’ll go check on your mom, okay? | 我去看你妈 好吗? |
[57:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[57:45] | – Hello? Hey, Thelonious. | -喂? -嘿 塞洛尼斯 |
[57:47] | How you doing? My name is Carl Brunt. | 你好吗?我叫卡尔·布朗特 |
[57:49] | I am the director of the New England Book Association. | 我是新英格兰图书协会的首席执行官 |
[57:52] | Hi, Carl. I know who you are. | 嗨 卡尔 我知道你是谁 |
[57:54] | Oh, good. Then perhaps you’ll also know | 很好 那么也许你也会知道 |
[57:57] | that each year my organization bestows | 我们组织每年都会举行 |
[57:59] | the somewhat pretentiously named Literary Award. | 自以为是的“文学奖” |
[58:03] | Every writer knows the Literary Award, Carl. | 每位作家都知道文学奖 卡尔 |
[58:06] | Especially those of us who haven’t won it. | 特别是我们这些还没得奖的人 |
[58:08] | Yeah. Yeah. | 对啦 |
[58:11] | Well, that’s sort of related to why I’m calling. | 这也是我打来的原因 |
[58:13] | Like many American institutions, | 像其他许多美国组织 |
[58:15] | mine was recently rattled by the notion | 我们最近被批评 |
[58:17] | that our lack of diversity | 因缺乏多元性 |
[58:19] | had led to a blind spot in our work. | 导致奖项有其盲点 |
[58:21] | So, you know, we’re kind of trying to remedy that. | 所以我们正试图修正这点 |
[58:24] | And to that end, I was wondering | 因此 我们想知道 |
[58:25] | how you might feel | 你是否愿意 |
[58:27] | about being a judge in this year’s award ceremony? | 担任今年奖项的评审? |
[58:29] | Um, let me say first, | 首先 |
[58:32] | Carl, that I’m honored you choose me | 卡尔 我很荣幸 |
[58:35] | out of all the Black writers you could go to out of fear | 你冒着被批评种族歧视的风险 |
[58:37] | of being called racist. | 在所有黑人作家中选了我 |
[58:39] | Yeah, you’re very welcome. | 不客气 |
[58:41] | But I think this sounds like a lot of work. | 但我觉得这个工作很辛苦 |
[58:44] | Yeah, I can’t deny that. | 我不否认 |
[58:46] | I mean, you’re going to have to read dozens of books. | 你要读好几十本书 |
[58:48] | We could offer you a modest stipend. | 我们可以提供你不错的津贴 |
[58:51] | Even so, I’m not sure. | 即便如此 我仍无法决定 |
[58:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[58:54] | One of the crass perk I reference | 当人们这样持观望态度时 |
[58:55] | when people are kind of on the fence like this | 我会用一种的粗俗的方式去说服 |
[58:57] | is that this will allow you the opportunity | 就是这能让你有机会 |
[58:59] | to literally judge these other writers for once, | 真正去评审这些作品 |
[59:01] | rather than just figuratively. | 而非形而上的批评 |
[59:04] | All right, I’m in. | -好 我参加 |
[59:05] | Well, fantastic. Okay. | -太棒了 很好 |
[59:07] | Great. So you’re going to be one of five judges. | 很好 所以你会成为五位评审之一 |
[59:10] | Uh, the only one we have confirmed so far | 我们目前唯一确认的 |
[59:12] | is Sintara Golden. | 只有辛塔拉·戈登 |
[59:14] | Are you familiar with Sintara Golden’s work? | 你熟悉辛塔拉·戈登的著作吗? |
[59:18] | Vaguely. | 不太熟悉 |
[59:19] | Oh, she’s great. You’re going to love her, man. | 她很棒 你会喜欢她的 老兄 |
[59:27] | I brought you lunch, Mr. Monk. | 你的午餐带来了 莫克先生 |
[59:31] | Oh, wow. | 哇 |
[59:36] | To what do I owe the pleasure? | 你怎么会对我这么好? |
[59:37] | Well, I have a favor to ask. | 我有个请求 |
[59:42] | I was wondering if I might be able | 我想问我这个下午 |
[59:44] | to take the afternoon off. | 是否能请假 |
[59:47] | Maynard just came in from the beach. | 米纳刚从海滩来 |
[59:49] | And we thought it might be nice to visit a museum. | 我们想去参观博物馆 |
[59:52] | Yes, of course. | 好啊 当然可以 |
[59:54] | I’m free today, so I can look after Mother. | 我今天没事 我可以照顾妈 |
[1:00:01] | Lorraine. | 罗兰 |
[1:00:04] | You really like him, huh? | 你真的很喜欢他 对吧? |
[1:00:08] | He’s a fine man. | 他是个不错的人 |
[1:00:19] | Yeah. | 喂 |
[1:00:22] | Page seven. It’s got like 12. | 第七页 有12个 |
[1:00:25] | The guests of honor. | 贵宾来了 |
[1:00:29] | Hello, Mrs. Ellison. Looking beautiful as ever. | 你好 艾里森太太 你就像以往一样美丽 |
[1:00:32] | Hello, Arthur. | 你好 阿瑟 |
[1:00:36] | Layne, would you take Mrs. Ellison to the kitchen, | 莲恩 请带艾里森太太到茶水间 |
[1:00:38] | and set her up with some tea? | 泡茶给她喝 |
[1:00:39] | Right this way, ma’am. | -往这边走 女士 |
[1:00:41] | Mother, I won’t be long. | -妈 我马上过去 |
[1:00:42] | Take your time. | 慢慢来 |
[1:00:45] | – Thank you. – Mm-hm. | 谢谢 |
[1:00:47] | – Not the pods. | 不要用茶包的 |
[1:00:48] | The good tea, for guests. | 用好的茶叶 给客人喝的那种 |
[1:00:53] | What is this? I told you to dress street. | 这是什么?我要你穿街头一点 |
[1:00:55] | – I did. – Fucking Sesame Street. | -我有啊 -该死的芝麻街风 |
[1:00:59] | What’s this guy’s name? | 这家伙的名字是什么? |
[1:01:01] | – Willy? – Wiley. Wiley Valdespino. | -威利? -瓦利 瓦利瓦尔斯皮诺 |
[1:01:03] | He specializes in Oscar-baity “issue” movies. | 他的专长是奥斯卡爱的议题电影 |
[1:01:06] | He did the Middle Passage one last year. | 他去年拍了《中央走廊》 |
[1:01:09] | Somehow I didn’t see that. | 我没看过那部 |
[1:01:10] | Of course, not. You’re not lobotomized. | 当然没有 你大脑又没动手术 |
[1:01:11] | But if he adapts your book, | 但如果他改编你的书 |
[1:01:13] | you stand to make a lot of money. | 你将会赚一大笔钱 |
[1:01:15] | Why can’t we just do a phone call? | 为什么不能打电话就好? |
[1:01:16] | Well, he said if he’s going to cut a check this large, | 他说若他要付这么大一笔钱 |
[1:01:18] | then he needs to meet in person. | 他需要与你亲自见面 |
[1:01:20] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:01:22] | What do I need to do? | 那我该怎么做? |
[1:01:24] | Just make him like you. | 让他喜欢你 |
[1:01:25] | When I talked to him, | 我跟他聊天时 |
[1:01:26] | he seemed thrilled that you’re a fugitive. | 他听到你是逃犯时觉得很兴奋 |
[1:01:28] | Just, you know, play that up. | 你就照这样演 |
[1:01:29] | But what if he recognizes me? | 万一他认出我怎么办? |
[1:01:31] | – You? – Yeah, the real me. | -你? -对啊 真正的我 |
[1:01:32] | Monk, you’re not that famous. | 莫克 你又不有名 |
[1:01:34] | And nobody in Hollywood reads. | 好莱坞没人会读书 |
[1:01:36] | They got their assistants to read things, | 他们只会叫助理读 |
[1:01:37] | and then summarize them. | 然后整理给他们 |
[1:01:39] | The whole town runs on book reports. | 那整座城市都非常仰赖书本简介 |
[1:01:42] | You sure you can look after my mother? | 你确定你能照顾我妈吗? |
[1:01:43] | She won’t leave my sight. | 我不会让她离开我的视线 |
[1:01:45] | You’ll just be across the street, anyway. | 反正你也只会在对街 |
[1:01:47] | Across the street. | -对街 |
[1:01:49] | You should go. You’ll be late. | -你该走了 不然会迟到 |
[1:01:51] | He’s waiting for you. | 他在等你 |
[1:01:54] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[1:01:56] | if he, uh, wants the stereotype, | 若他希望我是典型逃犯 |
[1:02:00] | maybe it’s better I’m late. | 也许我最好迟到一下 |
[1:02:27] | Stagg, I presume? | 你是斯塔格吗? |
[1:02:30] | That’s me. | -就是我 |
[1:02:31] | Hey, I’m Wiley. | -嘿 我是瓦利 |
[1:02:33] | Nice to meet you, brother. | 很高兴见到你 老兄 |
[1:02:41] | Sorry about the bougie restaurant. | 很抱歉这是个烛光餐厅 |
[1:02:43] | My assistant picked it. | 是我助理挑的 |
[1:02:45] | We can go somewhere else if you’re uncomfortable. | 若你很不安的话 我们可以换一间 |
[1:02:47] | – This is fine. – Okay. | -没关系 -好 |
[1:02:50] | What are you drinking? | 你要喝什么? |
[1:02:54] | I’ll have a Chenin Blanc. | 我要喝白诗南酒 |
[1:02:55] | All right. | -好 |
[1:02:57] | Of your driest. | -最不甜的那种 |
[1:03:00] | Well, what’s funny? | 有什么好笑? |
[1:03:02] | Ah, it’s just a strange order for a guy like you. | 这不太像是你这种人会点的饮料 |
[1:03:04] | Why is that? | 为什么? |
[1:03:06] | Well, you don’t see many convicts drinking white wine. | 没什么罪犯会喝白酒 |
[1:03:09] | You know many convicts? | 你认识很多罪犯吗? |
[1:03:11] | You’d be surprised. | 说出来会让你吃惊 |
[1:03:13] | I spent a month in the joint myself. | 我自己坐过一个月的牢 |
[1:03:15] | It was some interstate commerce shit. | 因为违反某种商业条款 |
[1:03:17] | It was a short stay, but I’ll tell you what, | 时间很短暂 但告诉你 |
[1:03:19] | that experience grounded me. | 那个经验成就了现在的我 |
[1:03:21] | The people I met in there allowed me to see | 我在里面遇到的人让我发掘 |
[1:03:23] | a whole world of underrepresented stories | 世上有一群无名小卒 |
[1:03:25] | from underrepresented storytellers. | 他们的故事需要被大众所知 |
[1:03:29] | Can I ask what you were in for? | 我可以问你坐牢的原因吗? |
[1:03:30] | I don’t like to talk about that. | 我不想谈这件事 |
[1:03:35] | You feel me? | 你懂吗? |
[1:03:36] | Was it murder? | 是谋杀吗? |
[1:03:38] | You said that, not me. | 是你说的 不是我 |
[1:03:43] | You know, | 明白吧- |
[1:03:44] | I got to tell you, before you showed up, | 我得说 在你出现之前 |
[1:03:46] | I was a little worried you might be a phony. | 我有点担心你是骗子 |
[1:03:49] | A lot of fakes in Hollywood. | 好莱坞有一堆骗子 |
[1:03:50] | Well, I’m not from Hollywood. | 我不是从好莱坞来的 |
[1:03:52] | Yeah, yeah, no. That’s obvious. | 是啊 没错 很明显 |
[1:03:53] | That’s obvious. | 很明显 |
[1:03:54] | Clearly, you’re cut from a different cloth | 显然 你跟一般的电影编剧 |
[1:03:57] | than your average… screenwriter. | 不太一样 |
[1:04:00] | – Let me ask you… | 我问你 |
[1:04:01] | I know they sent you some of my stuff. | 我知道他们有把我的作品寄给你 |
[1:04:03] | Did you have a chance to see any of my movies? | 你有看过我的电影吗? |
[1:04:07] | Sorry, what did you say? | 抱歉 你说什么? |
[1:04:09] | Have you seen any of my movies? | 你有看过我的电影吗? |
[1:04:11] | Uh, no. | 没有 |
[1:04:13] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:04:14] | Well, look, what I like to do | 我想这么做 |
[1:04:15] | is I like to pair genre with real-world pathos. | 我想结合电影类型 与显实世界中的苦难 |
[1:04:19] | It kind of elevates things. | 这样能更升华电影 |
[1:04:21] | You might be interested in this one we’re about to shoot actually. | 你也许会对我们正要拍的电影有兴趣 |
[1:04:24] | It’s about this white couple. | 那是有关一对白人夫妻 |
[1:04:26] | They get married on an old plantation in Louisiana. | 他们在路易斯安那州的老农庄结婚 |
[1:04:29] | Then all the slave ghosts come back, | 结果所有黑奴的魂魄都回来 |
[1:04:30] | and they murder everyone. | 谋杀所有人 |
[1:04:31] | – Dear God. – I know. I know. | -老天 -我知道 |
[1:04:33] | – It’s great, right? | 很棒 对吧? |
[1:04:35] | It’s called Plantation Annihilation. | 电影叫做《农庄大毁灭》 |
[1:04:37] | Ryan Reynolds is going to get decapitated | 瑞安·雷诺兹在电影开场 |
[1:04:39] | with an afro pick in the opening scene. | 就会被一把黑人梳砍头 |
[1:04:41] | He’s a friend. | 他是我朋友 |
[1:04:43] | Got to go. | 我得走了 |
[1:04:55] | Mother. Mother. Mother. Mother! | 妈 |
[1:05:10] | Some ad exec on the third floor | 某位三楼高层 |
[1:05:12] | – had an aneurysm. | 动脉瘤破裂 |
[1:05:14] | – Awful. – I know. | -真惨 -我知道 |
[1:05:15] | Imagine exploding your brain | 想象为了厕所卫生纸广告 |
[1:05:17] | trying to think of a toilet paper commercial. | 而把脑子血管想炸 |
[1:05:21] | I assume Wiley isn’t interested. | 我想瓦利应该没兴趣 |
[1:05:23] | I sprinted out of there like a complete maniac. | 我像疯子一样冲过来 |
[1:05:26] | Actually, he’s offering $4 million for the rights. | 其实他开价四百万美金以买版权 |
[1:05:29] | – What? – Yeah, man. | -什么? -没错 |
[1:05:32] | He called you the real deal. | 他说你是“绝佳人选” |
[1:05:33] | Said you took off the moment, – you heard police sirens. | 他说你一听到警车笛声就跑走了 |
[1:05:37] | The dumber I behave, the richer I get. | 我表现越蠢就越有钱 |
[1:05:39] | Now you know why my parents moved here from Puerto Rico. | 你终于知道 我父母为何要从波多黎各搬来 |
[1:05:46] | I mean, we can’t be expected to read | 他们不会逼我们 |
[1:05:48] | every novel all the way through, right? | 完整读完每本小说 对吧? |
[1:05:51] | No, people have worked hard on these books. | 许多人在这些书上注入很多心血 |
[1:05:53] | And we have to respect that. | 我们得尊重这点 |
[1:05:54] | Well, hard work doesn’t demand respect. | 努力跟尊重没有直接关系 |
[1:05:56] | I mean, you know, | 你懂的 |
[1:05:57] | people worked hard on the Third Reich . | 纳粹也很认真 |
[1:05:58] | Yeah, well, I feel that we owe it to them | 对啦 但我觉得 我们应该要好好读完 |
[1:06:02] | to read every page. | 才对得起他们 |
[1:06:04] | That is such horseshit. | 真是胡说八道 |
[1:06:05] | I mean, most of it’s going to be | 大部分的文学作品 |
[1:06:07] | that Knausgard auto-fiction crap, anyhow. | 都是像克瑙斯加德那样的伪自传 |
[1:06:09] | I tell you something right now, | 让我告诉你 |
[1:06:11] | I’m not reading 600 pages | 我才不要读600页的书 |
[1:06:12] | about some pretentious jackwagon | 去看某个蠢蛋 |
[1:06:14] | discovering masturbation. | 发现自慰 |
[1:06:15] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:06:17] | Okay, look, I think we’re all experienced enough | 听着 我们都已经很有经验 |
[1:06:19] | to assess the general quality | 能够在100页内 |
[1:06:21] | of something within 100 pages. | 了解一本书的质量 |
[1:06:24] | If you want to read beyond that, | 若你想读超过100页 |
[1:06:25] | that’s your prerogative. | 请自便 |
[1:06:26] | Well, how do you feel, Monk? | 你的想法呢 莫克? |
[1:06:29] | Um, I agree with Sintara, actually. | 我同意辛塔拉 |
[1:06:32] | I think 100 pages is sufficient. | 我认为读100页够了 |
[1:06:34] | You know, this is all a crock, anyway. | 反正这一切都没什么用 |
[1:06:36] | I mean, pitting art against other art for awards, | 比较文学作品以颁奖 |
[1:06:39] | like, it’s not subjective. | 假装公正客观 |
[1:06:40] | It’s absurd. | 太荒谬了 |
[1:06:42] | Then why did you agree to be a judge if you feel that way? | 若你这么觉得 你为何还要当评审? |
[1:06:44] | Well, because it’s either me or some other Brooklyn hack | 因为他们不选我 也会选别的布鲁克林蠢蛋 |
[1:06:47] | who doesn’t think there’s a world | 他们的世界 |
[1:06:48] | beyond the Hudson River, Ailene. | 不会超过哈德逊河 艾琳 |
[1:06:50] | It’s the East River if you’re in Brooklyn, Daniel. | 在布鲁克林的话是东河 丹尼尔 |
[1:06:53] | You know what, | 你知道么- |
[1:06:54] | art is subjective. | 艺术是主观的 |
[1:06:56] | But I think this is an opportunity | 但这是一个机会 |
[1:06:59] | to highlight books that may otherwise be undervalued. | 能让被低估的书得到亮相的机会 |
[1:07:03] | Book sales are plummeting right now. | 书的销量不断跳水 |
[1:07:05] | So, perhaps this award can give someone | 也许这个奖项能让某人 |
[1:07:08] | a real chance at a career in this industry. | 在业界闯出一番名号 |
[1:07:12] | Hear, hear. | 赞成 |
[1:07:15] | Where do you want this, Mother? | 你想把这张画挂哪里呢 妈? |
[1:07:18] | Thought it might look nice here with this natural light. | 放在这里有自然光照很不错 |
[1:07:22] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[1:07:23] | I never liked that painting, anyway. | 反正我也不喜欢那张画 |
[1:07:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:07:28] | Uh, well, I’ll bring some more art from home next week. | 我们下周会从家里带更多画来 |
[1:07:32] | And you just tell me the pieces you like, | 你告诉我你喜欢哪几幅 |
[1:07:35] | – and I’ll bring them. | 我就带过来 |
[1:07:37] | We’ve got your lunch ready for you, Mrs. Ellison. | 午餐准备好了 艾里森太太 |
[1:07:40] | Oh, it looks great. What is it? | 很棒吧 这是什么? |
[1:07:43] | It’s roasted turkey and Havarti on 12-grain. | 是烤火鸡和谷物干酪面包 |
[1:07:48] | Sounds delicious. | 好像很好吃 |
[1:07:49] | Mrs. Ellison prefers white bread. | 艾里森太太喜欢白面包 |
[1:07:52] | And she doesn’t like the crust. | 她也不喜欢酥脆 |
[1:07:54] | As much as this place costs, | 这地方这么贵 |
[1:07:56] | y’all should get the sandwiches right. | 也该把三明治做好吧 |
[1:07:57] | I’ll make sure that we take care of that | 我们之后一定会改进 |
[1:07:59] | from now on, okay? | 好吗? |
[1:08:01] | And enjoy your lunch, Mrs. Ellison. | 请享用你的午餐 艾里森太太 |
[1:08:13] | I’m getting married. | 我要结婚了 |
[1:08:15] | – Shut up. – What? | -不会吧 -什么? |
[1:08:19] | I didn’t say nothing earlier. I was just so sad. | 我刚刚什么都没说 我觉得很伤心 |
[1:08:22] | But Maynard asked me yesterday. | 但是…米纳昨天向我求婚 |
[1:08:26] | – Lorraine, that’s amazing. | 罗兰 太棒了 |
[1:08:30] | – I mean, let’s celebrate. – Mm-mm! | 我们去庆祝吧 |
[1:08:32] | Just too much excitement. | 那样就兴奋过头了 |
[1:08:34] | I don’t like being the center of attention. | 我不想成为众人焦点 |
[1:08:36] | Well, you deserve it, Lorraine. | 但你值得 罗兰 |
[1:08:38] | And Maynard is a lucky man. | 米纳是个幸运的男人 |
[1:08:45] | Do you think you’d be willing | 你会愿意 |
[1:08:46] | to walk me down the aisle, Mr. Monk? | 牵我走红毯吗 莫克先生? |
[1:08:52] | I’d be honored. | 这是我的荣幸 |
[1:08:59] | Wow. Wow. | 哇 |
[1:09:04] | We are wildly excited | 我们很兴奋 |
[1:09:06] | to help you get My Pafology out. | 能帮你出版《我有病》 |
[1:09:07] | The marketing team has all kinds | 营销部门已有各种很棒的点子 |
[1:09:09] | of great ideas to help you sell it. | 来帮你销售这本书 |
[1:09:11] | Great. We’re excited to hear. | 太棒了 我们洗耳恭听 |
[1:09:13] | John Bosco is the head of the department. | 约翰博斯科是部门主管 |
[1:09:15] | I will let him tell you more. | 我请他来告诉你 |
[1:09:17] | Hi, Stagg. | 嗨 斯塔格 |
[1:09:19] | Hello. | -你好 |
[1:09:20] | Nice to finally meet you, my man. | -很高兴终于能见到你 老兄 |
[1:09:22] | Listen, I love the book. | 听着 我很爱这本书 |
[1:09:25] | And we are going to sell many, many copies. | 我们一定会卖出很多册 |
[1:09:28] | There’s already so much buzz because of the movie deal. | 改编成电影一事 已经为本书创造许多声量 |
[1:09:30] | And we just want to keep that momentum going. | 我们希望能持续保持这股热度 |
[1:09:33] | I spoke to Wiley yesterday. | 我昨天跟瓦利谈过 |
[1:09:34] | He says Michael B. Jordan is circling. | 他说迈克尔·B·乔丹 对这个作品很有兴趣 |
[1:09:36] | We heard. | 我们听说了 |
[1:09:38] | We think he would be absolutely perfect. | 他会是个完美演员 |
[1:09:39] | You know, this book, it’s awards-bait with a capital B. | 这部电影很有得奖希望 |
[1:09:42] | And we’re thinking that if Michael does sign on, | 若迈克尔愿意拍 |
[1:09:44] | we want to put him on the cover | 我们会把他放在封面 |
[1:09:45] | in one of those, um, scarves, | 利用书腰 |
[1:09:47] | I guess you would call them, tied round his head. | 缠在他的头部 |
[1:09:50] | A durag? | 头巾吗? |
[1:09:51] | Durag. That’s it. Durag and a tank top | 没错 头巾和背心 |
[1:09:54] | with the muscles showing. | 要展现出肌肉 |
[1:09:55] | Ooh, somebody call the fire department. | 实在是太性感了 |
[1:09:57] | – Yummy. | 美味- |
[1:09:59] | Shit. Sorry. Your dad. Sorry. | 抱歉 让你想到你爸 |
[1:10:01] | So listen, for a release date, | 听着 出版日期的部分 |
[1:10:04] | we’re thinking of rushing it, so that we can get it out in time | 我们希望能加速流程 |
[1:10:07] | – for Juneteenth. – Yeah. | -才能赶上六月节 -对 |
[1:10:08] | Juneteenth? | 六月节? |
[1:10:09] | We’re thinking of making a big holiday push. | 我们要利用节日大力促销 |
[1:10:12] | Black people will be celebrating, | 黑人们会欢庆 |
[1:10:14] | white people will be feeling, | 而白人也觉得… |
[1:10:16] | let’s be honest, a little conscious-stricken. | 老实说 良心会遭受谴责 |
[1:10:18] | We think it’s going to be a huge moment for your book. | 我们认为这是你这本书的大好契机 |
[1:10:22] | – So, Stagg, | 斯塔格 |
[1:10:23] | are you so, so happy? | 你开心吗? |
[1:10:26] | We think it’s great, John, really. Amazing. | 我们觉得很赞 约翰 真的 太不可思议了 |
[1:10:31] | Yeah, it’s, uh… | 真的 |
[1:10:33] | It’s great. | 真的很棒 |
[1:10:35] | And, you know, I’ve got an idea | 我有个想法 |
[1:10:38] | I want to share with you two. | 想跟你们两位分享 |
[1:10:41] | Oh, well, | 好啊 |
[1:10:42] | I mean, we always love to hear great ideas. | 我们很喜欢听好点子 |
[1:10:43] | – Oh, yeah, cool. – Yeah. | -好啊 酷 -好的 |
[1:10:45] | I want to change the title. | 我想改书名 |
[1:10:48] | – I don’t… – Okay. | -我不想… |
[1:10:49] | Um, well, just to be clear, | -老实说 |
[1:10:51] | we really do love – My Pafology. – Love it. | 我们很喜欢《我有病》这个书名 |
[1:10:54] | It’s got that whole Irvine Welsh | -超爱 -他有种欧文威尔许 |
[1:10:56] | – proletarian vernacular thing. – Yeah. | -无产阶级白话的感觉 -对 |
[1:10:58] | No, and that’s why I think | 所以我才会认为 |
[1:11:00] | you’re going to love this new title even more. | 你们会更喜欢我的新书名 |
[1:11:03] | Well, okay, you know what, | 好 我们一直都 |
[1:11:05] | we’re always happy to hear new ideas. | 很乐意听新的想法 |
[1:11:08] | What did you have in mind? | -你的想法是什么呢? |
[1:11:10] | Fuck. | -《操》 |
[1:11:18] | I’m sorry. Pardon me. | 抱歉 什么? |
[1:11:19] | Fuck. | 《操》 |
[1:11:22] | I want to call it Fuck. | 我想把书名改成《操》 |
[1:11:27] | – What are you doing? – Screw these idiots. | -你在干什么? -搞死这些蠢蛋 |
[1:11:29] | – Stop it. – No. | -住手 -不要 |
[1:11:32] | So, Stagg, what about, uh, like, Damn? | 斯塔格 如果改成《靠》呢? |
[1:11:35] | – Mm-hm. – Damn? Or Hell? | 《靠》?或《妈的》? |
[1:11:39] | Nah. Fuck. | 不要 我只想要《操》 |
[1:11:40] | Okay, that’s cool. Uh… | 好 很好 |
[1:11:43] | But maybe we could do that with a PH instead | 但也许我们可以写成《甘》 |
[1:11:46] | because that would be more palatable… | -因为这样读者的接受度… |
[1:11:47] | – Yes. Yes. – …to our sellers. | -好 -比较高 |
[1:11:49] | I don’t care about all that. | -我不想管这些 |
[1:11:51] | And if you don’t change the title, the deal is off. | 若你们不改书名 我就不把版权给你们了 |
[1:11:54] | – Oh, yeah. No. – Whoa, whoa, whoa. | -哇 不行 |
[1:11:55] | – There’s no need to be hasty. – No, no, no. | -我们不要这么着急 不行 |
[1:11:59] | You know what? | 这样吧 |
[1:12:01] | Why don’t we… Juts give us a second | 给我们一点时间 |
[1:12:03] | and, um, a moment and we will get right back to you, okay? | 我们等一下再回复你 好吗? |
[1:12:08] | What are you doing? | -你在干什么? |
[1:12:10] | What are you doing? This is ridiculous. | -你又在干什么?这太蠢了 |
[1:12:11] | Do you know how much money we’re talking about? | 你知道这有多少钱吗? |
[1:12:12] | I don’t care, I’m shutting it down. | 我不管 我要终止这件事 |
[1:12:14] | – Shutting it… Come on. – Shutting it down. | -终止这件事 -别这样 |
[1:12:15] | – Are you there? – Please, just… | -你还在吗? -拜托… |
[1:12:18] | – We’re here. | 我们还在 |
[1:12:21] | Let’s do it. | 就这么做吧 |
[1:12:23] | – What? – What? | -什么? -什么? |
[1:12:24] | Yeah. We discussed it, | 对 我们讨论完了 |
[1:12:25] | and we think it is very in your face in the best way possible. | 我们认为这书名太棒适合了 |
[1:12:28] | It is very, uh… | 这实在非常… |
[1:12:33] | – Black? – That’s it. | 黑?就是这样 |
[1:12:35] | Yes, that’s it. | 没错 |
[1:12:36] | I’m happy you said it, and not me. | 我很高兴是你这么说 而不是我 |
[1:12:39] | Oh, fuck. | 靠 |
[1:12:41] | – It’s fucking great, Stagg. – I love it. | 真的太棒了 斯塔格 |
[1:12:42] | – Yes. – Oh, my… | 天啊- |
[1:12:44] | You know, it’s so brave actually. | 太勇敢了 真的 |
[1:12:52] | I’m exhausted. | -我好累 |
[1:12:53] | Yeah, me too. | -我也是 |
[1:12:55] | I got to stay up a few more hours | 我还得再熬夜几小时 |
[1:12:57] | reading these books for… | 读这些书… |
[1:13:10] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:13:12] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:13:14] | Hey. Hey! | 嘿 |
[1:13:17] | Bro. Oh, shit. | 老兄 该死 |
[1:13:19] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么? |
[1:13:21] | What am I doing here? – What are you doing here? | 我在这里干什么? 你又在这里干什么? |
[1:13:23] | What do you mean, what am I doing? | 什么我在这里干什么? |
[1:13:24] | Why are you in town? | 你怎么会来? |
[1:13:25] | I came to see our mother. | 我来看妈 |
[1:13:27] | Ain’t that what you been calling me about for weeks now? | 这不就是你这几周打给我的原因? |
[1:13:31] | What happened to your eye? | -你的眼睛怎么了? |
[1:13:32] | – I got into a fight. – Yeah. | -我打架了 |
[1:13:35] | Well, get out of the pool. | 给我滚出泳池 |
[1:13:36] | – You’re making a mess. – I don’t want | -你真是一团乱 -我不想 |
[1:13:38] | to get out of the pool. I’m a grown-ass man. | 不想出泳池 我是个大人了 |
[1:13:39] | This your girlfriend? | 这是你女友吗? |
[1:13:41] | Yeah, you scared the shit out of her. | 对 你吓到她了 |
[1:13:43] | I’m Coraline. | 我是卡罗琳 |
[1:13:45] | Hi, Coraline. | 嗨 卡罗琳 |
[1:13:47] | At least she’s not white again. | 至少她不是白人 |
[1:13:48] | – Your wife was white. | 你老婆是白人 |
[1:13:50] | My wife was a beard. Beards don’t count. | 我老婆是个幌子 那不算数 |
[1:13:52] | Well, get out. | 出来 |
[1:13:53] | You fucking menace. | 你这混账 |
[1:13:54] | You’ll wake the neighbors. | -你会吵醒邻居的 |
[1:13:56] | You know, fuck your neighbors! | -去他妈的邻居 |
[1:13:57] | And fuck your clean pool! | 去他妈的干净游泳池 |
[1:13:58] | It’s all just a part of your superiority complex, anyway. | 那只是你的优越感作祟 |
[1:14:01] | – Fucking asshole. | 该死的混蛋 |
[1:14:05] | – You are a goddamn child! | 你真是他妈的幼稚 |
[1:14:10] | It’s probably a bad time to tell you, | 这个时机说可能不太好 |
[1:14:12] | but I did piss down there. | 但我刚尿在你泳池里 |
[1:14:13] | Fuck. | 靠 |
[1:14:16] | Oh, funny, huh? | 很好笑吧? |
[1:14:18] | I’m sorry, Monk. | 抱歉了 莫克 |
[1:14:19] | Don’t get mad. | 别生气 |
[1:14:21] | Get out of here. | 给我滚出去 |
[1:14:24] | You want a piece of me? | 你想揍我吗? |
[1:14:30] | It’s funny, huh? | 很好笑吗? |
[1:14:33] | So I’m lying in bed with him, butt-ass naked | 我一丝不挂地跟他躺在床上 |
[1:14:38] | and in walks Claude carrying the frozen yogurt. | 克劳德拿着酸奶冰琪淋走进来 |
[1:14:41] | – No. – Yeah, I forgot I’d shown him | -不会吧 -对 我忘记我有告诉他 |
[1:14:42] | where I keep the spare key. | 备用钥匙放在哪里 |
[1:14:45] | So he just throws the yogurt at us | 所以他朝我们丢酸奶 |
[1:14:48] | and then he wallops me right in the eye. | 然后给我眼睛一拳 |
[1:14:52] | What was the other guy doing? | 另一个家伙在干什么? |
[1:14:54] | He couldn’t stop laughing. | 他忍不住一直笑 |
[1:14:55] | He said that’s what he does when he gets nervous. | 他说他紧张的时候就会笑 |
[1:14:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:14:58] | You really going for it these days. | 你最近真的放很开 |
[1:15:00] | I only been gay for, like, five minutes, | 我才变成男同志不久 |
[1:15:02] | I got to make up for lost time. | 我得弥补过去浪费的时间 |
[1:15:03] | Yeah. Well, good for you. | 很棒 |
[1:15:05] | I mean, the whole world’s falling apart. | 这个世界都要毁了 |
[1:15:07] | Might as well have some fun. | 还不如找点乐子 |
[1:15:09] | – I appreciate that. – Yeah. | -很高兴你这么说 -对啊 |
[1:15:11] | You know, you’re quite beautiful. | 你真的很美 |
[1:15:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:15:18] | What do you see in my brother? | 你到底看上我哥哪点? |
[1:15:21] | – He’s funny. – Mm. | 他很好笑 |
[1:15:23] | – He’s not funny. No. – No, not ha-ha funny. | -他才不好笑 -不是 -不是那种笑出来的好笑 |
[1:15:26] | – Like, sad funny. – Okay. | -是那种带点悲伤的好笑 -了解 |
[1:15:28] | Like a three-legged dog. | -像是只有三只脚的狗 |
[1:15:30] | I see it now. Like somebody dying on a toilet. | 我懂了 像是死在马桶上的人 |
[1:15:33] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[1:15:34] | – Exactly. – Invariably, | 一如继往- |
[1:15:36] | – you go too far. – You think? | 你每次都很过分 是吗? |
[1:15:39] | I don’t think I go far enough. | 我觉得我还不够过分 |
[1:15:40] | It’s becoming hurtful. | 变得有点伤人了 |
[1:15:41] | – Aw. – See? | 看吧 |
[1:15:43] | – See? – “You know, | 看到了吧 |
[1:15:44] | – invariably…” – Oh. “…you go too far.” | “你每次都很过分” |
[1:15:47] | – Yeah. | 没事啦 |
[1:15:49] | – You got a kiss, man. | 你得到了一个吻 |
[1:15:50] | Look at you. Just by being pathetic. | 很棒吧 只要装可怜就好 |
[1:15:53] | – God bless you. – Hey. | 上天保佑 嘿 |
[1:15:54] | – That is like a three-legged dog. – Hey. | 装可怜就像三只脚的狗 |
[1:16:03] | Oh, this is nice. | 真不错 |
[1:16:06] | Yeah, it’s not bad. | 还不差呢 |
[1:16:08] | What do you got there, pergola? | 那是什么 藤蔓凉亭吗? |
[1:16:10] | No, that’s a gazebo. | 只是一般凉亭而已 |
[1:16:11] | Same difference. | 差不多啦 |
[1:16:13] | – All right? – To the left. | -往右转吗? -往左 |
[1:16:14] | Oh. Excuse me. | 借过 |
[1:16:19] | Hey, Monk? | 嘿 莫克? |
[1:16:21] | How the hell can you afford this place? | 你怎么付得起这个地方? |
[1:16:24] | I, um… | 我… |
[1:16:27] | Well, there was some money Lisa left for Mother. | 莉莎有留点钱给妈 |
[1:16:31] | Thought the divorce cleaned her out. | 我以为离婚让她钱都没了 |
[1:16:34] | Well, I’m not familiar with what her finances were like, | 我不清楚她的财务状况 |
[1:16:37] | but if you’re so interested in the bills, | 但若你对费用有兴趣 |
[1:16:39] | perhaps I can start sending them to you? | 也许我可以把账单寄给你? |
[1:16:41] | Ah, it’s fine. Where we going? | -不用了 我们要去哪里? |
[1:16:42] | Right here. 44. | -这边 44号房 |
[1:16:45] | Surprise! | 惊喜! |
[1:16:51] | We’ve had a difficult morning. | 我们今天早上不太顺利 |
[1:16:57] | We had to sedate her after she tried to strike a nurse. | 她在试图攻击护理师后 我们得给她镇定剂 |
[1:17:00] | – Has she done that before? – No. | -她以前有这样过吗? -没有 |
[1:17:03] | She has a different demeanor every day. | 她每天的状况都不一样 |
[1:17:06] | Sometimes every hour. | 有时候每小时就变一次 |
[1:17:07] | But maybe she’ll feel better tomorrow. | 但也许她明天会感觉好一些 |
[1:17:10] | I’m sorry, I need to go. | -很抱歉 我得走了 |
[1:17:12] | Yes, of course. Thank you. | -没问题 谢谢 |
[1:17:16] | The gardener cut these | 这是园丁剪下的 |
[1:17:17] | right off the bush for your mom. | 要送给你妈 |
[1:17:19] | – Sweet, right? – Yeah, that’s great. | -很贴心吧? -对啊 很棒 |
[1:17:22] | How can you afford this place? | 你是怎么负担这边的费用? |
[1:17:24] | I mean, you’re not a drug dealer or something, are you? | 你没有贩毒之类的吧? |
[1:17:28] | No, I’m a writer. | 没有 我是作家 |
[1:17:30] | And you’re my girlfriend, not my bookkeeper. | 你是我女友 不是我的簿记员 |
[1:18:12] | I always knew you weren’t a queer. | 我一直都知道你不是男同志 |
[1:18:26] | She doesn’t know what she’s saying. | -她不知道她在说什么 |
[1:18:28] | I’m going to wait outside. | -我要去外面等 |
[1:19:00] | You sure you don’t want to stay for Lorraine’s wedding? | 你确定你不想留下来 参加罗蓝的婚礼? |
[1:19:03] | It’s better if I go. | 我还是离开比较好 |
[1:19:10] | It was nice to meet you, Cliff. | 很高兴认识你 克里夫 |
[1:19:16] | This family will break your heart. | 这个家真的很伤人的心 |
[1:19:49] | and today, we’re going to discuss | 今天我们要讨论 |
[1:19:51] | a new novel that just debuted at number one | 一本新小说 它刚登上《纽约时报》 |
[1:19:53] | on The New York Times bestseller list. | 畅销书排行榜第一名 |
[1:19:55] | It is just a remarkable, special book, | 这是本很杰出又特别的书 |
[1:19:59] | and it’s called… | 书名是 |
[1:20:01] | Cover your kids’ eyes and ears… | 快把小孩的眼耳遮起来 |
[1:20:06] | We are lucky enough | 我们今天很荣幸 |
[1:20:08] | to have the author with us today. | 请到作者上节目 |
[1:20:10] | And for those of you who are just joining us, | 对于刚收看的观众 |
[1:20:12] | please know that Mr. Stagg R. Leigh | 请理解斯塔格·R·利亚先生的 |
[1:20:14] | is coming to us from an undisclosed location | 访问所在地 必须保持秘密 |
[1:20:16] | as he is still on the run from authorities. | 因为他是位在逃通缉犯 |
[1:20:19] | 斯塔格·R·利亚 通缉犯暨作者 | |
[1:20:20] | Oh, Stagg, tell us, is this novel a true story? | 斯塔格 请告诉我们 这本小说是改编自真实故事吗? |
[1:20:24] | Not factually, | 其实不然 |
[1:20:26] | but it’s the true story of what it’s like | 但对于像我这样的美国黑人 |
[1:20:28] | to be a Black man in America like me. | 它与真实故事十分相近 |
[1:20:31] | And it ain’t pretty. | 不太光彩 |
[1:20:32] | Amen to that. | 阿门 |
[1:20:33] | During my time in prison, | 在我服刑期间 |
[1:20:35] | I learned that words belong to everybody. | 每个人的嘴上都挂着这个字 |
[1:20:35] | 斯塔格·R·利亚 通缉犯暨作者 | |
[1:20:38] | So this book is my contribution | 所以这本书 |
[1:20:40] | to this wonderful country of ours | 要献给我们这个美丽的国家 |
[1:20:42] | where a Black ex-con can become rich | 它让前科犯也能致富 |
[1:20:44] | simply by telling the story of his unfortunate people. | 只要透过讲述那些不幸同胞的故事 |
[1:20:49] | – Yes. Yes. | 没错 |
[1:20:54] | – Yeah. – Get this. | -怎么了 -告诉你 |
[1:20:55] | The FBI called Thompson Watt today | 联邦调查局今天打给汤普森·瓦特 |
[1:20:57] | to try to get Stagg R. Leigh’s identity. | 想得知斯塔格·R·利亚的真实身份 |
[1:20:59] | – What? – Don’t worry. | -什么? -别担心 |
[1:21:00] | They’re not going to give him up. | 他们不会放弃的 |
[1:21:02] | Give who up? It’s me, I haven’t done anything. | 放弃什么?那就是我 我什么都没做 |
[1:21:04] | They don’t know that. | -他们又不知道 |
[1:21:06] | – Look, this has gone too far. – Relax. | -听着 这事玩过火了 放心 |
[1:21:09] | The fugitive stuff’s getting us | 通缉犯这件事 让我们得到 |
[1:21:10] | mountains of free press. | 许多媒体关注 |
[1:21:11] | – Plus, as you said, | 加上 如你所说 |
[1:21:12] | you haven’t done anything. | 你什么都没做 |
[1:21:13] | It’s not like they can arrest you. | 他们又不能逮捕你 |
[1:21:15] | I wish I could go back to not selling books. | 真希望我当初没有卖这本书 |
[1:21:18] | – I don’t. | 我可不这么认为 |
[1:21:20] | Bye. | 再见 |
[1:21:35] | Is everything all right? | 一切都还好吧? |
[1:21:37] | Yeah. | 还好 |
[1:21:39] | I’m just a little stressed out. This, uh. | 我只是压力有点大 |
[1:21:42] | book award stuff is a bit more work than I expected. | 文学奖的工作比我想象中还繁重 |
[1:21:49] | Shit. | 可恶 |
[1:21:52] | It’s no biggie. Got more forks in the kitchen. | 没关系 再去厨房拿一些叉子就好 |
[1:22:12] | What’s this? | -这是什么? |
[1:22:13] | Mm. My friend got it for me. | -我朋友给我的 |
[1:22:16] | Have you read it? | -你读了吗? |
[1:22:17] | Of course not, have you? | -当然还没 你呢? |
[1:22:18] | Yeah. | 读了 |
[1:22:22] | And what did you think of it? | 你觉得如何? |
[1:22:24] | – I liked it. – What did you like about it? | -我很喜欢 -为什么喜欢? |
[1:22:26] | – Um… – It didn’t offend you? | 它没冒犯到你吗? |
[1:22:29] | You just said you didn’t read it. | 你不是说你还没读吗? |
[1:22:30] | What’s your problem? | 怎么了? |
[1:22:31] | No, you answer my question. | 不 回答我的问题 |
[1:22:33] | You answer mine. | 你才回答我的问题 |
[1:22:36] | My problem is that books like this aren’t real. | 我的问题是这种书一点都不真实 |
[1:22:40] | They flatten our lives. | 它简化了我们的人生 |
[1:22:41] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[1:22:43] | I mean, that… you know, my life is a disaster, | 虽然我的生活一团糟 |
[1:22:46] | but not in the way you’d think reading this shit. | 但不是书里描述的这样 |
[1:22:48] | These things reduce us | 这些东西简化了我们的生命历程 |
[1:22:50] | and they do it over and over again because | 他们却一再这么做 只因为 |
[1:22:52] | too many white people, and people apparently like you | 有太多白人 和你这样的人 |
[1:22:56] | devour this slop like pigs at a dumpster | 喜欢这种垃圾 就像吃馊水的猪 |
[1:22:58] | to stay current at fucking cocktail parties | 或是想在鸡尾酒派对跟上潮流 |
[1:23:01] | – or whatever. – Okay, um… | -之类的 -好 |
[1:23:02] | You got a lot of opinions for someone | 一个好几年没出书的人 |
[1:23:04] | who hasn’t published anything for years. | 意见却这么多 |
[1:23:06] | And you’ve published what exactly? | 而你又出版了什么? |
[1:23:07] | Okay, what is wrong with you? | 你到底是有什么问题? |
[1:23:10] | Why are you acting like this? | 你为什么要这样? |
[1:23:11] | I’m not acting like anything. | 我没有怎么样 |
[1:23:12] | You’ve been acting like a weirdo for weeks. | 你这几周都怪里怪气的 |
[1:23:14] | You’ve been obfuscating, sneaking around. | 你一直混淆视听、偷偷摸摸 |
[1:23:16] | You’re fucking unknowable. | 没人知道你在干什么 |
[1:23:18] | Maybe you think being an enigma is chic and artsy. | 也许你以为神神秘秘 很潮又很有艺术感 |
[1:23:20] | I just think it makes you an asshole. | -那只会让你像个混蛋 |
[1:23:22] | Well, um, | -这个嘛 |
[1:23:23] | you don’t understand my life, and you can’t, | 你不懂我的人生 你也没办法 |
[1:23:26] | so just leave it at that. | 所以就不要深究了 |
[1:23:31] | One day, maybe you’ll learn | 也许你有天会了解 |
[1:23:32] | that not being able to relate to other people | 无法与他人产生共鸣 |
[1:23:34] | isn’t a badge of honor. | 并不是一件值得荣耀的事 |
[1:23:41] | I think you should leave. | 我觉得你该离开了 |
[1:23:43] | Well, you know what I think? | 你知道我怎么想的吗? |
[1:23:44] | You should leave, Monk. | 你该离开了 莫克 |
[1:24:02] | Nonsense. | 乱写一通 |
[1:24:28] | You guys need any help with that? | 你们需要帮忙吗? |
[1:24:29] | Nah, we’re good. | 不用 我们没问题 |
[1:24:32] | I thought you could use a little brawn. | 我以为你们需要帮忙 |
[1:24:34] | – We got it. – Mr. Monk. | 我们自己来就好了 莫克先生 |
[1:24:37] | You mind I keep the soda maker? | 你介意把气泡水制造机给我吗? |
[1:24:39] | You don’t like the bubbly water anyhow, right? | 反正你也不喜欢气泡水 对吧? |
[1:24:41] | – It’s all yours. – Thank you. | -送你吧 -谢谢 |
[1:24:46] | Um… Hey, what about this? | 嘿 那这个呢? |
[1:24:50] | No. I always hated that color. | 不要 一直都很讨厌那个颜色 |
[1:24:53] | It’s just the one your father bought. | 那是你爸买的 |
[1:24:56] | Thelonious, this just came for you. | 塞洛尼斯 你的包裹 |
[1:24:59] | Okay, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[1:25:00] | This is the last of it. | 这是最后一批了 |
[1:25:02] | Goodbye, Mr. Monk. | 再会了 莫克先生 |
[1:25:07] | Bye, Lorraine. | 再见 罗兰 |
[1:25:15] | Drive safe. | 开车小心 |
[1:25:16] | Guess I’ll see you at the wedding. | -我们婚礼见 |
[1:25:18] | All right. | -好的 |
[1:25:23] | I’ll take that there. | 我来拿 |
[1:25:39] | 我们很乐意提名这本书 参加文学奖评选 | |
[1:25:45] | Thompson Watt apparently raced to publish it. | 显然汤普森·瓦特 希望能赶快出版这本书 |
[1:25:48] | Yeah, I heard that they ran 300,000 copies already | 我听说他们已经印了30万册 |
[1:25:51] | and they’re reprinting more soon. | 很快又要再刷 |
[1:25:52] | I mean, it’s going like gangbusters . | 这本书势如破竹 |
[1:25:54] | Christ on a crutch! | 老天 |
[1:25:55] | It better be good. | 这本书最好真的那么好看 |
[1:25:57] | Hey, I heard the writer’s a fugitive. | 我听说作者是通缉犯 |
[1:25:59] | Well, that would explain the title. | 这样就能解释书名了 |
[1:26:01] | He didn’t go to charm school. | 他可没受过文化洗礼 |
[1:26:02] | No, I think that that background is a plus. | 我认为那样的背景很加分 |
[1:26:05] | I am thrilled | 我很喜欢读有色人种 |
[1:26:08] | to read a BIPOC man harmed by our carceral state. | 被我们监狱国家欺负的故事 |
[1:26:11] | Are you one of those defund the police nuts? | 你也是那种支持 减少警方资源的疯子吗? |
[1:26:14] | Yes, and I wouldn’t expect you to understand. | 对 但我不期望能得到你的理解 |
[1:26:17] | Well, I hope someone you love doesn’t get raped or murdered. | 希望你爱的人不会被强暴或谋杀 |
[1:26:20] | Can we not talk about this now, please? | 我们现在可以不要聊这个吗? |
[1:26:22] | Look, look, look. Criminal or not, | 听着 无论他是否是罪犯 |
[1:26:24] | I don’t think we should add it. | 我们都不该把这本书加进来 |
[1:26:26] | We’re already weeks into the process, | 这个过程已经进行好几周了 |
[1:26:27] | and I don’t know about any of you, | 我不晓得你们的状况 |
[1:26:29] | but I’ve got more than a dozen books | 但我还有十几本书 |
[1:26:30] | I haven’t even opened yet. | 还没读 |
[1:26:33] | It was published before the submission date, | 这本书在缴交日期前就出版了 |
[1:26:34] | I think we have to accept it. | 我认为我们应该要收这本书 |
[1:26:37] | Yeah, it’s just one more. And from the looks of it, it should be a quick read. | 只是多一本书而已 而且看样子 这本书很快就读完了 |
[1:26:40] | A quick fuck. | 像是一场性爱快餐 |
[1:26:43] | I’ve had a couple of those. | 我有过几次这样的经验 |
[1:26:46] | – Bye, guys. Bye. | 我要挂电话了 再见 |
[1:27:23] | Hi, Monkie. | 嗨 小亲亲 |
[1:27:26] | You look beautiful. | 你好美 |
[1:27:43] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[1:27:45] | Monkie, do we know these men? | 小亲亲 我们认识这些人吗? |
[1:27:47] | No, Mother, this isn’t the Alzheimer’s, | 不 妈 这些人不是幻觉 |
[1:27:50] | these are actual strangers. Who are you people? | 他们是真的陌生人 -你们是谁? |
[1:27:52] | We’re Cliff’s friends. | -我们是克里夫的朋友 |
[1:27:54] | Of course, you are. | 我想也是 |
[1:27:55] | We met him a few days ago. I’m Kenny, this is Alvin. | 我们是几天前认识的 我是肯尼 他是艾文 |
[1:27:57] | Are you Monk? | -你是莫克吗? |
[1:27:58] | I am. How did you know? | -是的 你怎么知道? |
[1:28:00] | Oh. Well, Cliff said Monk’s a real tight-ass. | 克里夫说莫克的屁股很紧实 |
[1:28:05] | Did he? | 是吗? |
[1:28:06] | Delightful. | 真开心 |
[1:28:08] | Mother, you sit here. | 妈 你坐这边 |
[1:28:11] | Lorraine? | 罗兰? |
[1:28:18] | Do you like scrambled eggs? | -你喜欢炒蛋吗? |
[1:28:19] | I love scrambled eggs. | -我很爱炒蛋 |
[1:28:21] | What the hell are you doing here? | -你在这里干什么? |
[1:28:22] | You first. | -你才是吧 |
[1:28:26] | Oh, shit, the wedding. | 靠 婚礼 |
[1:28:28] | – Ah. – Oh, fuck! | 靠 |
[1:28:31] | I didn’t go to the airport. | 我没去机场 |
[1:28:33] | That day I left, I needed some time to myself. | 我离开的那天 我想自己静静 |
[1:28:36] | Time to oneself implies by definition, time alone. | 想自己静静表示不想被打扰 |
[1:28:39] | Oh, Christ, here we go. | 老天 走吧 |
[1:28:40] | – Detective Dictionary. – Ah! | 字典侦探 |
[1:28:43] | Mr. Cliff. | -克里夫先生 |
[1:28:44] | I’m sorry, guys, I’ll handle it. | -很抱歉 各位 我来处理 |
[1:28:45] | You need to leave. | 你得离开 |
[1:28:47] | Don’t bother to clean up, just go. | 别整理了 走吧 |
[1:28:49] | Oh, no, it’s all right, just… | 不 没关系 |
[1:28:51] | Please stay. | 请留下来 |
[1:28:52] | It’s a celebration. | 这是场庆祝 |
[1:28:55] | It’s good to see you, Cliff. | 很高兴看到你 克里夫 |
[1:28:57] | It’s good to see you too, Maynard. | 我也很高兴见到你 米纳 |
[1:28:59] | I, um… | 我… |
[1:29:01] | I… I don’t want to impose. | 我不想强留 |
[1:29:02] | You can’t impose. | 不会的 |
[1:29:05] | You’re family. | 因为你是我家人 |
[1:29:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:29:23] | I’ll, uh… | 我… |
[1:29:24] | I’ll go clean up a bit, yeah? | 我去整理一下 好吗? |
[1:29:27] | Congratulations, you guys. | 恭喜你们 |
[1:29:35] | Can we make y’all some breakfast? | 我们可以做早餐给你们吃吗? |
[1:29:36] | I can whip up a killer smoothie | 我很会做奶昔 |
[1:29:38] | and Alvin used to work the omelet station on a cruise ship. | 艾文曾在邮轮的奥姆蛋摊位打工 |
[1:29:40] | That sounds lovely. Thank you. | 听起来很棒 谢谢 |
[1:29:47] | It’s very kind of you to let them stay. | -很感谢你让他们留下来 -不会的 |
[1:29:50] | It’s always easier dealing | 跟别人的家庭打交道 |
[1:29:51] | with other people’s families than your own. | 总是比较容易 |
[1:29:55] | I regret to inform you that in a couple hours, | 我很遗憾要通知你 再过几小时后 |
[1:29:58] | this will be your family. | 这就会变成你的家人 |
[1:31:56] | Piss her off? | 你把她气走? |
[1:32:02] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:32:03] | – Shut her out? – Yeah. | -不理她? -对 |
[1:32:08] | Dad shut everyone out too. | 爸也拒所有人于千里之外 |
[1:32:10] | He lied all the time. | 他成天说谎 |
[1:32:12] | Look how that turned out. | 你看他那样做的结果 |
[1:32:17] | I find myself getting very angry these days like Dad. | 我这些日子就像爸一样生气 |
[1:32:23] | These days? | “这些日子”? |
[1:32:30] | I’ve been thinking a lot lately about | 我最近不断思考 |
[1:32:32] | how Dad died not knowing I’m gay. | 关于爸死前不知道我是同志这件事 |
[1:32:38] | – I think he suspected it. – Mm. | 我想他应该略知一二 |
[1:32:41] | He may have. | 也许吧 |
[1:32:43] | But he didn’t know for sure. | 但他不确定 |
[1:32:45] | He never knew the entirety of me. | 他从没了解完整的我 |
[1:32:49] | And now he never will. | 现在他也没机会了 |
[1:32:52] | And that makes me… | 这让我觉得… |
[1:32:55] | It makes me real sad. | 让我觉得很伤心 |
[1:33:00] | Well, what if he had known and rejected you? | 若他知道然后拒绝与你往来呢? |
[1:33:03] | At least he’d be rejecting the real me. | 至少他拒绝了真正的我 |
[1:33:08] | I know that sounds crazy, | 我知道这听起来很疯狂 但是… |
[1:33:11] | but there’d be some relief in that. | 那会让我松一口气 |
[1:33:16] | It doesn’t sound so crazy. | 听起来并没那么疯狂 |
[1:33:23] | People want to love you, Monk. | 人们想要爱你 莫克 |
[1:33:27] | I personally don’t know what they see in you, but… | 我不知道他们看上你什么 但是 |
[1:33:32] | they want to love you. | 他们想要爱你 |
[1:33:36] | You should let them love all of you. | 你应该让他们爱全部的你 |
[1:34:12] | It was dogshit. | 真烂 |
[1:34:14] | I mean, some mollycoddled chump | 某位娇生惯养的蠢蛋 |
[1:34:16] | faffing on about his dead mom… | 不断喋喋不休关于他死去的妈妈 |
[1:34:18] | Who cares? | 有谁在乎啊? |
[1:34:20] | Okay, so that means that Bury Me Standing is fourth. | 这表示《站着被埋葬》第四名 |
[1:34:26] | Let’s talk about Fuck. | 我们来谈谈《操》吧 |
[1:34:27] | Could we not? | 可以不要吗? |
[1:34:29] | Personally, I adored it. | 我很喜欢 |
[1:34:32] | It was like gazing into an open wound. | 这就像是在直视伤口 |
[1:34:35] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[1:34:37] | I think it’s the strongest African-American novel | 我认为这是我很长一段时间 |
[1:34:39] | I’ve read in a long time. | 读过最强的非裔美国人小说 |
[1:34:42] | I mean, since yours. | 但当然是读了你的书后 |
[1:34:44] | – Of course, Sintara. – Thank you. | -无庸置疑 辛塔拉 -谢谢 |
[1:34:47] | You know, I actually liked it | 我其实喜欢这本书 |
[1:34:49] | much more than I was expecting. | 比我想象中还喜欢 |
[1:34:51] | I mean, this is a gutsy piece of work. | 这是部勇敢的作品 |
[1:34:53] | And necessary for the times. | 是当代不可或缺的作品 |
[1:34:56] | What did you think, Sintara? | 你觉得呢 辛塔拉 |
[1:34:59] | I found it to be pretty pandering, actually. | 我觉得它刻意迎合读者口味 |
[1:35:03] | You did? | 真的吗? |
[1:35:04] | Yes. Did you not? | 对啊 你没发现吗? |
[1:35:07] | I very much did. | 我有发现 |
[1:35:08] | I thought it was simplistic and meaningless. | 我认为它太过简化且无意义 |
[1:35:12] | Well, of course, it was simplistic. | 它当然很简化 |
[1:35:14] | I mean, it’s the language of the gutter. | 毕竟那是贫民区的语言 |
[1:35:17] | You know, not some prissy graduate thesis. | 不是什么谨慎的研究所论文 |
[1:35:19] | “Language of the gutter.” Jesus Christ. | “贫民区的语言” 老天 |
[1:35:22] | I think our blood sugar’s low. | 我觉得我们都累了 |
[1:35:23] | How about we take a break for lunch, huh? | 何不休息吃个午餐? |
[1:35:25] | – Fine by me. – Okay. | -可以 -好 |
[1:35:27] | – Okay. – Really? | 太好了 |
[1:35:29] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:35:41] | Oh, I’m sorry. | -噢 抱歉 |
[1:35:42] | Oh, no, you’re fine. | -没关系 |
[1:35:44] | What, I’m not interrupting? | -我没打扰你吧? |
[1:35:45] | – No. | -没有 |
[1:36:08] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:36:25] | Do you mind if I ask you something? | 你介意我问你问题吗? |
[1:36:27] | Sure. | 不会 |
[1:36:31] | What about Fuck did you find pandering? | 你觉得《操》在哪个部分迎合读者? |
[1:36:36] | I can’t really put my finger on it, but… | 我很难直接指出是什么 但是… |
[1:36:40] | it’s not different from some of what’s out there, | 但它跟市面上其他一些小说无异 |
[1:36:42] | but it just felt… | 但就是有种… |
[1:36:45] | soulless… | 没有灵魂的感觉 |
[1:36:47] | is the word that I’m going to use. | 我只能想到这种形容方式 |
[1:36:49] | You said you agreed, right? | 你说你也同意 对吧? |
[1:36:51] | Yeah, I do. I think it seems written | 对 我认为它看起来 |
[1:36:52] | to satisfy the tastes of guilt-ridden white people. | 是用来迎合有罪恶感的白人读者 |
[1:36:56] | Yeah, the kind of book critics call important | 对 那种书评称之为 |
[1:36:58] | and necessary, but not well-written. | “重要”和“必要” 而非“好作品”的书 |
[1:37:00] | – Exactly. | 没错 |
[1:37:06] | Okay, so… And please don’t take offense at this, | 好 请你不要感到被冒犯 |
[1:37:10] | but how is Fuck so very different from your book? | 但《操》跟你的书差别在哪里? |
[1:37:19] | Is that what this is about? | 这就是你真正想谈的事吗? |
[1:37:21] | – You think my book’s trash? – No. | -你认为我的书很垃圾? -不 |
[1:37:23] | To be honest, I haven’t read your book. | 老实说 我还没读过你的书 |
[1:37:27] | I’ve read excerpts | 我有读过片段 |
[1:37:29] | and it didn’t seem so dissimilar. | 但我看不出来差别在哪里 |
[1:37:34] | I did a lot of research for my book. | 我为了我的书做了许多研究 |
[1:37:37] | Some of it was actually taken from real interviews. | 有些是直接来自真正的访问 |
[1:37:40] | Maybe you’ve been up in your ivory tower of academia for so long | 也许你在学术象牙塔待太久了 |
[1:37:44] | you’ve forgotten that some people’s lives are hard. | 你已经忘记人们的生活有多辛苦 |
[1:37:46] | Your life? | 那你呢? |
[1:37:50] | You went to an exclusive bohemian college. | 你上了特别的艺术大学 |
[1:37:52] | You had a job at a fancy publishing house in New York. | 你在纽约的高级出版社工作 |
[1:37:56] | So what? I don’t need to write about my life. | 又怎样?我不需要写我的生活 |
[1:37:59] | I write about what interests people. | 我写人们有兴趣的事 |
[1:38:02] | You write what interests white publishers | 你写的是白人出版社感兴趣 |
[1:38:04] | fiending Black trauma porn. | 打击黑人创伤的煽情内容 |
[1:38:07] | They’re the one buying the manuscripts. | 毕竟他们才是买家 |
[1:38:10] | Is it bad to cater to their tastes? | 迎合他们的口味很糟糕吗? |
[1:38:12] | If you’re okay feeding people’s base desires for profit… | 若你愿意迎合人们的欲望以获益 |
[1:38:16] | I’m okay with giving the market what it wants. | 我也认为迎合市场没有问题 |
[1:38:18] | That’s how drug dealers excuse themselves. | 这就是毒贩为自己找的借口 |
[1:38:19] | And I think drugs should be legal. | 我认为毒品应该要合法化 |
[1:38:26] | But you’re not fed up with it? | 但你不觉得受够了吗? |
[1:38:29] | You know, Black people in poverty? | 贫穷的黑人? |
[1:38:32] | Black people rapping? | 饶舌的黑人? |
[1:38:34] | Black people as slaves? | 为奴的黑人? |
[1:38:35] | Black people murdered by the police? | 黑人被警察谋杀? |
[1:38:37] | Old soaring narratives about… | -各种煽情的文章 |
[1:38:38] | Okay. | -够了 |
[1:38:40] | Black folks in dire circumstances | 关于悲惨的黑人 |
[1:38:42] | who still managed to maintain their dignity before they die? | 直到死前都仍在奋斗保卫尊严 |
[1:38:45] | I mean, I’m not saying these things aren’t real, | 我不是说这些事情都是假的 |
[1:38:47] | but we’re also more than this. | 但我们其实不只如此 |
[1:38:50] | And it’s like so many writers like you can’t envision us | 所以像你这样的作者们 |
[1:38:54] | without some white boot on our necks. | 不能让白人掐着脖子创作 |
[1:38:56] | Do you get angry at Bret Easton Ellis | 你会生气布雷特·伊斯顿·艾利斯 |
[1:38:59] | or Charles Bukowski | 或查理·布考斯基 |
[1:39:00] | for writing about the downtrodden? | 写了受压迫者的文章 |
[1:39:02] | Or is your ire strictly reserved for Black women? | 还是你只对黑人女性愤怒? |
[1:39:04] | Nobody reads Bukowski thinking | 没人读布考斯基后认为 |
[1:39:06] | his is the definitive white experience. | 他就代表了白人经验 |
[1:39:08] | But people, white people, | 但人们 特别是白人 |
[1:39:10] | read your book and confine us to it. | 读了你的书就认定我们就是如此 |
[1:39:12] | They think that we’re all like that. | 他们认为我们都是那样 |
[1:39:14] | Then it sounds like your issue | 那莫克 这似乎是 |
[1:39:16] | is with white people, Monk, not me. | 你与白人间的问题 而不是我 |
[1:39:18] | Well, maybe, but I also think | 也许吧 但我也想到 |
[1:39:20] | that I see the unrealized potential | 这个国家中那些还没成功 |
[1:39:22] | of Black people in this country. | 却有潜力的黑人 |
[1:39:26] | Potential is what people see when they think | “有潜力”正代表人们认为 |
[1:39:29] | what’s in front of them isn’t good enough. | 这些人目前的处境并不够好 |
[1:39:40] | So, what are we talking about? | 在讨论什么呢? |
[1:40:32] | We’re starting again. | 我们又要开始了 |
[1:40:33] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上过去 |
[1:40:46] | Hey, can I speak to Arthur? Yeah, it’s Monk. | 阿瑟在吗?对 我是莫克 |
[1:40:51] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:40:52] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[1:40:53] | Listen, you think you can set up | 你可以帮我安排和瓦利? |
[1:40:55] | another meeting with Wiley? | 再见一次面吗 |
[1:40:58] | I’ve got a new idea for him. | 我有些新想法 |
[1:41:00] | Different kind of movie. | 关于另一种电影 |
[1:41:01] | Thanks. | 谢啦 |
[1:41:17] | I think it’s Fuck for me. | 我想选《操》 |
[1:41:19] | – Yeah, me too. – Yeah, I agree. | -我也是 -我同意 |
[1:41:20] | I disagree. I’m sorry. | 我不同意 抱歉 |
[1:41:22] | I think it would be a mistake to award this book anything. | 我认为给这本书奖项是个错误 |
[1:41:27] | Well, it’s two versus three, so… | 票数是二比三 所以… |
[1:41:30] | Fuck’s the winner. | 《操》是赢家 |
[1:41:31] | Fuck is the winner. | 《操》是赢家 |
[1:41:36] | You know, it’s not just that it’s so affecting, | 我认为这本书不只是撼动人心 |
[1:41:40] | I just think it’s essential to listen to Black voices right now. | 我也认为聆听黑人的心声是很重要的 |
[1:41:51] | Mother. | 妈 |
[1:41:54] | Did you… | 你知道… |
[1:41:58] | Did you know that Dad was cheating on you? | 你知道爸背着你偷情吗? |
[1:42:01] | He was bad at keeping secrets. | 他很不会守密 |
[1:42:04] | Why didn’t you leave him? | 你为何不离开他? |
[1:42:06] | He would’ve been even more lonely without me. | 他没有我会更寂寞 |
[1:42:11] | You thought he was lonely? | 你认为他很寂寞? |
[1:42:13] | You father was a genius. | 你爸是个天才 |
[1:42:17] | Geniuses are lonely… | 天才都很寂寞 |
[1:42:22] | because they can’t connect with the rest of us. | 因为他们无法和我们产生连结 |
[1:42:27] | You’re a genius, son. | 你也是个天才 儿子 |
[1:42:31] | Well, I certainly don’t feel like one half the time. | 但我大多时间却没有这样的感受 |
[1:42:35] | That’s because you’ve always been so hard on yourself, Cliffy. | 因为你对自己太严格了 克里夫 |
[1:42:46] | And now for the final award for the evening. | 现在是今晚最后一个奖项 |
[1:42:49] | I promise to leave you alone, let you eat after this. | 我发誓颁完后 会让你们去吃晚餐 |
[1:42:53] | But before I announce the winner, | 但在我宣布赢家之前 |
[1:42:55] | I would like to acknowledge our judges, | 我想要向评审们致敬 |
[1:42:56] | our incredibly diverse group of judges | 这些是我们多元的评审 |
[1:42:58] | who’ve sacrificed valuable time, | 他们牺牲了宝贵的时间 |
[1:43:01] | so we could all celebrate here tonight. | 让我们在此共襄盛举 |
[1:43:02] | So if you put your hands together, | 替他们鼓掌吧 |
[1:43:03] | they did a fantastic job. | 他们非常了不起 |
[1:43:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:43:12] | Without further ado, | 别再拖延 |
[1:43:14] | this year’s Literary Award goes to… | 今年的文学奖得主是 |
[1:43:18] | Oh, I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[1:43:19] | By Stagg R. Leigh, Fuck. | 斯塔格·R·利亚的《操》 |
[1:43:33] | Well, I’m not sure if Mr. Leigh is going to grace us | 我不确定利亚先生 |
[1:43:35] | with his presence here tonight. | 会在今晚现身 |
[1:43:37] | He’s notoriously cagey about attention. | 他对关注度非常敏感 |
[1:43:51] | Oh, hold on. | 等等 |
[1:43:53] | Oh, okay. I see some business. | 有些动静 |
[1:43:55] | Someone’s coming. Oh, Thelonious Ellison. | 有人来了 |
[1:43:59] | One of our esteemed judges. | 我们卓越的评审之一 |
[1:44:04] | Weirdly walking toward the stage. | 他诡异地朝舞台走来 |
[1:44:08] | No idea why. | 不知道原因 |
[1:44:10] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:44:11] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[1:44:14] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[1:44:16] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[1:44:34] | I have a confession to make. | 我想坦承一件事 |
[1:44:41] | Wait, wait, wait. Smash to black? | 等等 画面一片黑? |
[1:44:45] | No fucking way, dude. | 不行啦 老兄 |
[1:44:47] | What’s wrong with that? | 这样有什么不好? |
[1:44:48] | There’s no resolution here. What’s he going to say? | 问题没有解决啊 他要说什么? |
[1:44:53] | No, he should say something. | 不 他应该说些什么 |
[1:44:54] | What did you say? | 你说了什么? |
[1:44:56] | Nothing. I walked out of the ceremony. | 我什么都没说 我走出典礼 |
[1:44:58] | The next day I called you to say | 隔天我打给你说 |
[1:44:59] | I wanted to write this movie. | 我想创作这部电影 |
[1:45:01] | Well, Monk, the character | 莫克 那个角色 |
[1:45:02] | should say something. | 得说些什么 |
[1:45:03] | Well, I don’t want him to make some | 我不希望他说些 |
[1:45:06] | grandiose speech spoon-feeding everyone | 什么冠冕堂皇的话告诉大家 |
[1:45:08] | the moral of the story. | 这个故事的寓意 |
[1:45:09] | There is no moral. That’s the idea. | 这个故事没有寓意 这才是重点 |
[1:45:11] | I like the ambiguity. | 我喜欢模糊的感觉 |
[1:45:13] | Okay, look. You’re a good writer, | 听着 你是个好编剧 |
[1:45:15] | and this is almost there. | 但电影就快结束了 |
[1:45:17] | But novels aren’t movies, okay? | 但小说不是电影 好吗? |
[1:45:19] | Nuance doesn’t put asses in theater seats. | 模糊不会换来更多票房 |
[1:45:21] | We need a big finish. What is this? | 我们需要一个大结局 这是什么? |
[1:45:24] | It’s the seltzer you asked for. | 这是你要的气泡水 |
[1:45:26] | Why is it all wet? | 为什么这是湿的? |
[1:45:29] | Condensation? | 冷凝现象? |
[1:45:30] | Condensation. Okay. | 冷凝现象 好吧 |
[1:45:32] | You’re a fucking weatherman now. | 你现在是自然大师了吗? |
[1:45:34] | You want anything? | -你想来点什么吗? |
[1:45:35] | Uh, no, I’m fine. Thank you. | -不用了 谢谢 |
[1:45:36] | All right. This is Monk. | 好 这是莫克 |
[1:45:38] | – We’re going to make a movie with him if he can get the third act right. – Nice meeting you. | 我们要跟他创作一部电影 若他能把第三幕写好 -很高兴见到你 |
[1:45:41] | – You as well. – Get me a flat white. | -我也是 给我白开水就好 |
[1:45:42] | And, hey, never again. | 不要再湿了 |
[1:45:47] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:45:48] | What other endings you got in that big brain of yours? | 你脑中还有什么结局? |
[1:45:54] | How about if… | 那这样如何… |
[1:45:55] | This year’s Literary Award goes to… | 今年的文学奖得主是 |
[1:45:58] | by Stagg R. Leigh, Fuck. | 斯塔格·R·利亚的《操》 |
[1:46:52] | I’d like to apologize. | 我想道歉 |
[1:46:56] | I haven’t been myself lately. | 我最近不太对劲 |
[1:47:19] | What about that? | 这样如何? |
[1:47:21] | Will she forgive him? | 她会原谅他吗? |
[1:47:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:47:26] | The real Coraline won’t return my phone calls. | 现实世界的卡罗琳不回我电话 |
[1:47:29] | Maybe the movie Coraline is more forgiving. | 也许电影里的卡罗琳比较宽容 |
[1:47:34] | No. It’s too pat. | 不行 那样太美好了 |
[1:47:36] | Makes the whole thing feel like a romantic comedy. | 让这整部电影变成浪漫喜剧 |
[1:47:38] | We don’t want to make a romantic comedy. | 我们不是要拍浪漫喜剧 |
[1:47:40] | We want to make something real. | 我们要拍真实的电影 |
[1:47:42] | Give me something real. | 给我点真实一点的结局 |
[1:47:48] | I mean, we could just… | 那我们也可以… |
[1:47:51] | Hey, what’s going on? | 嘿 怎么了? |
[1:47:53] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[1:47:56] | Beat it. | 滚 |
[1:48:10] | I have a confession to make. | 我想坦白一件事 |
[1:48:13] | – Stagg Leigh, on the ground now! | 斯塔格·R·利亚 趴下来 |
[1:48:15] | There he is! | 他在那里 |
[1:48:17] | No, no. I’m not Stagg Leigh. | 不 我不是斯塔格·R·利亚 |
[1:48:20] | He doesn’t exist. | 他不存在 |
[1:48:21] | I’m Monk. Thelonious Ellison. | 我是莫克 塞洛尼斯·艾里森 |
[1:48:23] | You’re a fugitive! On the ground now! | 你是通缉犯 给我趴在地上 |
[1:48:25] | No, no, no. | 不是的 |
[1:48:26] | That was all a marketing gimmick. | 这都只是营销手法 |
[1:48:28] | – It was all a lie. – He’s got a gun! | 这全是个谎言 |
[1:48:30] | No, no! No, no! | -他有拿枪 -不 |
[1:49:04] | He’s dead? | 他死了吗? |
[1:49:06] | They smoke him? | 警察把他干掉了? |
[1:49:11] | It’s perfect. | 太完美了 |
[1:49:14] | Yes! That is… | 太好了 这实在是 |
[1:49:17] | That is perfect. | 太完美了 |
[1:49:20] | Time to pick out your tux, my brother. | 该挑件礼服了 老兄 |
[1:49:22] | We’re going to the big show. | 这部电影一定会卖座的 |
[1:49:23] | Hey, come transcribe this. We got it. | 过来抄写 我们完成了 |
[1:49:29] | Fuck. | 靠 |
[1:49:53] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:49:59] | So? | 所以呢? |
[1:50:02] | They going to make your movie or what? | 他们要拍你的电影吗? |
[1:50:04] | Unfortunately, yes. | 很不幸的 是的 |
[1:50:05] | Hey! You know what? | 嘿 |
[1:50:07] | Good luck finding someone handsome enough to play me. | 这样的话 你最好找个够帅的人来扮演我 |
[1:50:10] | I think they have. | 他们已经找到了 |
[1:50:12] | Who they got? | 他们找谁? |
[1:50:14] | Tyler Perry. | 泰勒·派瑞 |
[1:50:18] | You got me. That’s good. | 正合我意 太棒了 |
[1:50:24] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:50:53] | 改编自小说《擦除》 珀西瓦尔·埃弗雷特所著 |