时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Veronica Mars | 在上一集的《美眉校探》里: |
[00:02] | It’s been a year since my best friend Lilly Kane was murdered. | 自从我最好的朋友 Lilly Kane 被杀后已经过去了一年 |
[00:04] | The Neptune Sheriff’s Department has apprehended Abel Koontz Shoes and a backpack | Neptune的镇长部出示了在 Abel Koontz那里找到的被害人的鞋子和背包 |
[00:08] | The Lilly Kane murder file. Dad still hasn’t given up on the case. | 对于Lilly Kane的谋杀案,爸爸一直都没有放弃 |
[00:12] | We all lost Lilly and we all miss her. | 我们失去了Lilly,我们都很想念她 |
[00:14] | Duncan Kane. He used to be my boyfriend. | Duncan Kane曾经是我男朋友 |
[00:16] | I just want to see him passionate about something. | 我只是想看到他对事物充满热情 |
[00:18] | And let’s not forget Logan Echolls. | 还有别忘了 Logan Echolls |
[00:20] | Every school has an obligatory psychotic jackass. He’s ours. | 没个学校都有个不折不扣的蠢猪 他就是我们学校的那个 |
[00:24] | You think you’re this big outsider, push comes to shove, you’re still one of them. | 你以为自己很摆?你只是他们中的一个 |
[00:28] | You still think like one of them. | 你的想法跟他们是一样的 |
[00:35] | Here folks is the house of Aaron Echolls. | 这就是 Aaron Echolls |
[00:41] | Quite a show, huh? | 象一场秀, 是吧? |
[00:44] | Don’t you people have lives? | 你们这些人没别的事情做吗? |
[00:46] | You don’t see me poking around your trailer park, do you? | 没看到我在你的拖车这边吗? |
[00:49] | Hey, uh, uh, are you the son? | 嗨,你就是他儿子吗? |
[00:52] | I’m the guy telling you to get back on the bus and get out of my driveway. | 滚回你的车上,别妈的挡我的道 |
[00:55] | Logan! Come back in the house, honey. | Logan,亲爱的,快回屋来 -=COSL-YTET小组工作室=- |
[01:08] | Hey, you guys are out early. | 嗨,你们这些人还来的真早 |
[01:11] | Here. | 来 |
[01:16] | Hey Logan. Come here. | 嗨, Logan,过来 |
[01:20] | Get a few shots with my son, huh? | 来帮我跟我儿子拍几张照, 好吗? |
[01:23] | There you go. | 来一张 |
[01:24] | Smile, Logan. | 微笑一点, Logan |
[01:26] | Don’t forget these folks pay for all of this, huh? | 别忘了,这些人可是花了钱的 |
[01:33] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢,爸爸 |
[01:34] | You know I polled the rest of the soccer team? None of them want to see my junk. | 你知道我去掉了剩下的几只足球队了? 没人要看这些烂队 |
[01:38] | Well, now you’re covered. | 好了,现在你上了头条了 |
[01:40] | Oh, you didn’t tell me that elections were this week. You should run. | 哦, 你没告诉我选举是这星期 你应该参加的 |
[01:44] | I think it would be a very impressive line on your college applications. | 我敢肯定你在竞选人中是很有实力的 |
[01:48] | Please Dad. All they do is sell candy and argue about prom decorations. | 算了吧,爸爸, 他们只不过卖卖糖果 谈谈装修罢了 |
[01:52] | Right, that’s all they do now. | 是啊,他们一直都只是这样 |
[01:54] | Until the reign of Kane. | 除非换了我们的国王Kane |
[01:56] | Dear god! May no one have just heard him say reign of Kane. | 天那! 但愿刚刚没人听到你说“国王 Kane” |
[02:01] | So, my dad wants to take me to the San Diego Zoo this weekend. | 我爸这周末要带我去San Diego动物园 |
[02:04] | Aw, man, I love the zoo. | 哦,是吗,我很喜欢那个动物园 |
[02:06] | Everyone gets all excited about the monkey house. | 很多人都很喜欢那个猴馆 |
[02:09] | I’m a big cat man myself. | 我自己就很象个训兽师 |
[02:11] | My dad’s gone a little nutty with all these father-daughter days. | 我爸最近过于在乎跟我一起出去活动了 |
[02:13] | Yeah, see me on the other hand, | 是啊,要是换了我 |
[02:15] | would love to go to the zoo with my dad. | 我倒是希望能和父亲一起去动物园 |
[02:18] | – Wallace, don’t – But he’s dead, so. | – Wallace,不要… – 但事实是他已经死了 |
[02:21] | Okay. I hate myself. Are you happy? | 好吧,好吧,我讨厌自己, 满意了吧? |
[02:28] | Yo! Man! Over here. | 哟! 那个谁谁谁 |
[02:34] | Keep the change. | 不用找了 |
[02:37] | You’re not allowed delivery. | 你不可以这样施舍你的钱 |
[02:39] | And you’re not allowed to breathe my air. | 你不能呼吸“我的空气” |
[02:41] | Go. Shoo. Return to Xanadu. | 滚吧,回你的 Xanadu吧 |
[02:50] | Wanda Varner just had her food delivered. | Wanda Varner 刚刚施舍吃的给别人 |
[02:52] | And that’s wrong how? | 呃,你认为哪里有问题? |
[02:54] | She doesn’t have any Pirate Points. | 她没有 “海盗积分” |
[02:57] | Oh, I see. You’re new. | 哦,我明白了,你新来的吧? |
[03:01] | I am. | 是啊 |
[03:02] | Pirate points are earned by being a contributing member of the school. | “海盗积分”是那些对学校有贡献的人才会得到的 |
[03:06] | You get them for being in student council, for sports | 你可以通过参加学生会,运动会 |
[03:09] | Cheerleading? | 啦啦队? |
[03:10] | Is a sport. | 也是一种运动 |
[03:13] | Oh, Mr Clemmons! | 哦, Clemmons先生 |
[03:17] | Mr Clemmons. Wanda Varner ordered in Chinese food. | Clemmons先生,Wanda Varner 刚刚点了中国餐… |
[03:26] | Wanda, I know you know the rules. | Wanda,我想你是知道规矩的 |
[03:29] | If you’d like the privilege of having your lunch delivered, | 既然你这么喜欢施舍你自己的午饭 |
[03:31] | why don’t you get more involved here at Neptune. | 为什么不给我们Neptune多做贡献呢? |
[03:34] | In the meantime, I gonna have to confiscate your food. | 我现在要没收你的食物 |
[03:45] | – Oh, you little bitch! – Oh, really? | – 哦,你个婊子 – 怎么样? |
[03:47] | Wanda! Be so kind as to follow me to my office. | Wanda,既然这样,你跟我去办公室 |
[03:57] | Who is that girl? | 那个女孩是谁? |
[03:59] | That? Is Wanda Varner. | 那就是Wanda Varner |
[04:04] | Used to be in pep squad together. | 曾经一起上过健身班 |
[04:06] | You two seem less peppy. | 可你俩看起来并不是那么精神嘛 |
[04:14] | Hmm, all out, huh? | 哦,全准备好了? |
[04:23] | Tough day? | 辛苦的一天? |
[04:25] | That ain’t the half of it. | 还不光这样 |
[04:26] | See, this dame walks in and you should’a seen the getaway sticks on her. | 那女的进了屋,就别指望她什么时候出去 |
[04:30] | Says something’s hinky with her old man. | 不停地说着他老公的坏话 |
[04:32] | D’ya put the screws to him? | 你派你盯着他了吗? |
[04:34] | You ain’t kidding. He sang like a canary. | 开玩笑,他很狡猾 |
[04:37] | Well, you’re in luck, Philip Marlowe | 但你今天还是幸运的, Philip Marlowe |
[04:39] | because it’s desert for dinner tonight and I’ve got a whole sundae thing set up here. | 因为今晚的甜点和圣代冰激凌都为你准备好啦 |
[04:44] | You know if Child Services finds out about this, they will take you away. | 如果被那些“关心孩子的团体 ”知道的话 他们肯定会不让我来带你 |
[04:47] | Well, that’s a risk I’m willing to take. | 尽管那样,我还是会这么做的 |
[04:49] | Honey. Shouldn’t we try something at the base of the food pyramid, | 亲爱的,我觉的我们可以从食物上查查看那件案子 |
[04:52] | you know, fruits and vegetables? | 象水果啊,蔬菜啊什么的? |
[04:55] | What is that? | 这是什么? |
[04:57] | A maraschino cherry? | 酒浸樱桃? |
[05:07] | The Lilly Kane murder case took an unexpected turn this morning | Lilly Kane谋杀案今晨有了重大转机 |
[05:10] | as convicted killer Abel Koontz fired his public appointed legal council. | 被指控凶手Abel Koontz解雇了自己的法律援助 |
[05:15] | Forfeiting further appeals, the defendant is scheduled to die | 撤消了自己进一步的诉讼, 被告预计将在明年 |
[05:18] | by lethal injection as early as next year And, coming up- | 以静脉注射方式处死,接下来一条… |
[05:24] | Why did he do that? | 为什么他要这么做? |
[05:26] | Guess he’s ready to die. | 也许他已经做好了死的打算 |
[05:28] | Well, what are you going to do about it? You don’t believe he’s guilty | 那你呢,你怎么办?你觉得他是无罪的,是吧? |
[05:30] | I hate to break it to you, honey. | 我本不想说的,亲爱的 |
[05:32] | But nobody in Neptune cares what I believe in. | Neptune里没人在乎我的想法 |
[05:34] | They didn’t care when I was Sheriff, they sure as hell don’t care now. | 在我是镇长的时候就是这样,现在还是一样 |
[05:37] | This town’s gonna have to find another conspiracy nut. | 他们还会再找一个共犯的 |
[05:51] | Check you out, Veronica Mars. | 试试看呀, Veronica Mars |
[05:53] | You’re like a rocker chick now. | 你现在可象个摇滚女孩啦 |
[05:55] | You and I? We’d have a lot of fun together yeah | 你和我?我们曾经一起玩过? 是啊 |
[05:58] | if, um, you know, if I wasn’t dead and stuff. | 是啊,呃,如果我没有死的话… |
[06:00] | Why are you here? | 你怎么会在这? |
[06:02] | Don’t you watch any horror movies? | 你难道没看过一些恐怖片之类的吗? |
[06:05] | My soul is doomed to walk the earth until justice has been served. | 只有公正的判罚才会使我的灵魂回归大地 |
[06:11] | Really? | 真的? |
[06:11] | Yeah, that, and, as kind of a side project, I dispense fashion advice. | 是啊,所以在这之前,我还有另外一些事 比如给你些着衣建议 |
[06:17] | Did Koontz do it? | 是Koontz干的吗? |
[06:19] | Wish I could tell ya. | 真希望我能告诉你 |
[06:21] | Why would he have wanted to kill you? | 为什么他要杀你? |
[06:23] | Honestly. I was awesome, right? | 老实说,我是不是很不错? |
[06:28] | I miss you, Lilly. | 我很想你,Lilly |
[06:38] | So let’s all get out there and cheer on our teams in the last game of the regular season. | 好,让我们出去为我们队的最后一场常规赛加油吧 |
[06:43] | Morning, Veronica. I was thinking maybe you’d be interested | 早上好, Veronica,我在想你一定对 |
[06:46] | in covering the election for the student newspaper. | 为校报报道这次的竞选感兴趣 |
[06:49] | Sure. I’ll write it up this afternoon. | 当然,我会在下午写份详细的报道 |
[06:51] | The election’s tomorrow. | 竞选是明天 |
[06:52] | And I can already see the headline. | 但我已经可以想象头条一定是这样的: |
[06:54] | Brown-nosing, resume-packer wins in a landslide. | 善于溜须拍马,懂得包装自己的人赢得了竞选 |
[06:58] | Maybe you wanna dig a little bit deeper. | 或许你可以挖掘地再有深度一点? |
[07:00] | I’ll take it. | 好,我接受这份工作 |
[07:01] | This morning, we’ll be hearing from our first hopeful for the office of President, | 今晨,我们采访了最有希望成为赢得学生会主席的候选人 |
[07:05] | sophomore Wanda Varner. | 二年级的 Wanda Varne |
[07:07] | I’m Wanda Varner and I’m running for the office of student council president. | 我是Wanda Varner,这次我参加了学生会主席的竞选 |
[07:11] | Let’s be honest. Student government doesn’t do jack. | 老实说,学生会现在的工作做的不是很好 |
[07:14] | I’m here to promise you real change. | 我承诺,我会改变这一切 |
[07:17] | If elected, I promise to abolish the unfair and elitist Pirate Points programme for good. | 如果我有幸当选,我保证将去处不公 并使“海盗积分”这个项目运作的更好 |
[07:23] | God bless you and God bless America. | 愿上帝保佑你,保佑我们每一个人 |
[07:38] | Hey dude. Can she do that? | 嘿,老兄,她能做到吗? |
[07:39] | Student council giveth, student council taketh away. | 学生会可以给了你什么,当然也可以拿回什么 |
[07:45] | No, we’re not giving up those points, man, you gotta run. | 不,我们不能放弃那些分数,老兄,你得参选才行 |
[07:48] | Actually, I don’t. | 不,实际上不用 |
[07:59] | Hey Wanda, check it out. | 嘿, Wanda,看看怎么样 |
[08:01] | Killer. Thanks. | Killer,谢谢你 |
[08:05] | One of your campaign staff? | 他是参与你竞选活动的一员? |
[08:07] | I’m all about grass roots. | 是啊,我跟他们一样都是普通学生 |
[08:09] | How do you account for your sudden popularity? | 你觉得自己突然就这么受大家欢迎的原因是什么? |
[08:11] | Isn’t it obvious? It’s class warfare, the haves versus the have-nots. | 这还不够明显吗?这一场阶级战争 富学生对穷学生 |
[08:15] | You more than anyone at school should understand that. | 你应该比学校里任何人都明白这一点 |
[08:17] | But it’s more quotable if you say it out loud. | 但要是更进一步称述一下的话会更有效果 |
[08:20] | Okay. The rich kids, they run things around here. | 这样说吧,那些有钱学生 他们统治着这里的一切 |
[08:24] | They’re the minority and they’re corrupt. | 他们是少数,他们很腐败 |
[08:26] | They get away with murder. | 他们做了坏事却能逍遥法外 |
[08:27] | Hey, give ’em hell, Wanda! | 嘿,让他们见鬼去吧, Wanda |
[08:28] | You give ’em hell, Rodney! | Rodney,你也可以做到的 |
[08:30] | Pirate Points is just another way they reward themselves for so swell. | “海盗积分”是使他们这么狂妄的一个原因 |
[08:34] | They have all the power, we’re the disenfranchised but only because we let ourselves be. | 他们拥有权利,我们却这么无 只是因为我们没有起来反抗 |
[08:38] | It’s time to take action! | 是时候该做点什么了 |
[08:42] | How was that? Was I quotable? | 怎么样? 是不是很有号召力? |
[08:44] | Yeah, I think I can find something there. | 是啊, 我想我可以从中看到希望 |
[09:03] | Hey! Hook me up with a beverage, huh? | 嗨,想用饮料来引我上钩? |
[09:06] | And what goes with an icy, cold beverage? | 给我们的车上点冰饮料怎么样? |
[09:09] | A nice clean windshield. | 干净,漂亮的挡风玻璃 |
[09:11] | No, man you don’t have to do that. | 不,老兄,没必要做那些 |
[09:13] | The car was just professionally detailed. | 那辆车刚做过专业维护 |
[09:15] | Ah, they got a lot of nerve calling themselves professionals. | 哦,脸皮真厚,这也叫专业护理? |
[09:20] | Look at that. | 你看看 |
[09:21] | They just move the dirt around. | 把灰尘从这边擦到了那边 |
[09:23] | Man, A for effort but, uh, you’re not getting paid for it. | 老兄,你倒是挺买力的 不过,我可不会付钱的哦 |
[09:27] | I don’t remember asking. | 我不记得我有说要让你付钱 |
[09:39] | Hey, what about him? | 嘿,这伙计怎么样? |
[09:41] | Pretty well fed for a bum. | 应该比较容易搞定吧 |
[09:45] | Hey, you army? | 嘿,你当过兵? |
[09:46] | Hell, no. United States Marine Corps. | 呵呵,算不上,美国海军 |
[09:49] | That’s even better, huh. | 那已经很牛了 |
[09:52] | What are you? About 240? | 你多重?240磅? |
[09:55] | Uh, in my prime. | 呃,年轻时候有 |
[09:57] | Yeah? | 是么? |
[09:59] | Hey, I’m, uh, I’m putting together a little amateur boxing night. | 嘿,我晚上会组织一些业余拳击比赛 |
[10:05] | If you’re interested. | 如果感兴趣的话… |
[10:08] | What, you want me to fight? | 什么?你要我去打拳? |
[10:09] | No, man. I want you to win. | 不,兄弟,我要你为我赢比赛 |
[10:12] | What you’d think that you’d just come in here and buy me like that? | 你在想什么?我们才打个招呼 你就居然付钱让我去… |
[10:15] | Is that how it is? | 你我就这么简单? |
[10:16] | Yeah, that’s exactly how it is. I think we’re on the same page. | 是的,就是这样,我想这对你我都很公平 |
[10:18] | Get out of my face. | 滚吧 |
[10:20] | Before I beat your ass down for free. | 乘我还没打你,给我滚得远远的 |
[10:22] | All right, you suit yourself. | 好吧,看来你不喜欢替人打工 |
[10:25] | Chhu-chhu. You have a nice day. | Chhu-chhu,今天过的开心点 |
[10:32] | And in conclusion, I promise to uphold the duties of presidency | 总而言之, 我承诺在我任期内 |
[10:36] | to the utmost of my ability. Thank you. | 会尽我所能,承担起我的责任,谢谢 |
[10:39] | Wanda’s gonna blow this chick out of the water. | Wanda会击败这女的的 |
[10:42] | You can kiss your precious Pirate Points goodbye. | 这样你就可以跟你宝贝的“海盗积分”说拜拜了 |
[10:45] | Duncan Kane. | |
[10:47] | A natural leader. | 天生的领袖 |
[10:49] | What? | 什么? |
[10:50] | Two time All League Soccer. | 两次全联盟最佳球员 |
[10:52] | Editor of the Neptune Navigator. | Neptune学校《航海家》杂志的编辑 |
[10:55] | Three point nine two four grade point average. | GPA(平均成绩)3.924 分 |
[10:59] | National Honour Society. | 全国荣誉社团 |
[11:01] | National Merit semi-finalist and all around, righteous dude. | 半决赛优秀球员和公平竞赛称号 |
[11:05] | Hi. I’m Aaron Echolls. | 大家好,我是 Aaron Echolls |
[11:07] | And I’ve known Duncan Kane for a long time. He’s the real deal. | 我认识 Duncan Kane很久了,他是个了不起的家伙 |
[11:12] | Duncan Kane for student body President. | Duncan Kane一定会做好学生会的领袖 |
[11:14] | That’s my dad. | 那是我爸爸 |
[11:17] | All right! | 很好 |
[11:22] | That’s the last of the five candidates. | 这就是全部五名候选人 |
[11:28] | Good luck, Duncan. | 祝你好运, Duncan |
[11:32] | Mark the letter of the corresponding candidate. | 现在开始给相应的候选人投票 |
[11:35] | Only one bubble will be counted. | 一个问题只可以选一个答案 |
[11:37] | If none of the candidates receive a majority | 如果没有一个候选人获得绝大多数票的话 |
[11:40] | the top two will be entered in a runoff election. | 支持率最高的两位将进行最后的竞选 |
[11:43] | Please, whatever you do, just don’t vote for me. | 各位,无论如何,请不要选我 |
[11:46] | Did you hear that folks? He’s humble to boot. | 你们听到了吗? 他居然求我们不要选他 |
[11:49] | God! This guy. | 天啊,这家伙 |
[11:54] | If Lilly’s ghost is going to haunt me until justice has been served, | 如果 Lilly的灵魂要一直要 伴随我直到受到公正对待为止的话 |
[11:57] | then I better get my ass in gear. | 那我应该开始查查这案子了 |
[11:59] | Where to begin? | 从哪开始呢? |
[12:01] | How about the obvious? | 从明显的开始? |
[12:03] | Abel Koontz was found with Lilly’s backpack and shoes in his possession. | 在Abel Koontz的地方发现了Lilly背包和鞋子 |
[12:07] | He gave a confession on the spot. | 他也承认了 |
[12:09] | But Dad was convinced that the mystery led back to the most respected family in Neptune. | 但是爸爸确信这个Neptune 最有名的家庭一定发生了什么事情 |
[12:14] | The three people that were at the scene of the crime before he arrived. | 也就是在他到达犯罪现场之前 这三个人一定发生了什么 |
[12:18] | Jake Kane, beloved billionaire, | Jake Kane,受人爱戴的亿万富翁 |
[12:20] | Celeste Kane, renowned philanthropist | Celeste Kane,著名慈善家 |
[12:29] | …and Duncan. | …还有一个Duncan |
[12:32] | Each of the Kanes alibis was airtight. | Kane家里每个人的自辩都看上去无懈可击 |
[12:34] | That is, until a traffic ticket proved that Lilly was still alive | 直到有一张交通罚单证明Lilly的死亡时间 |
[12:38] | hours after the coroner’s official time of death. | 其实比验尸官宣布的死亡时间要晚几个小时 |
[12:45] | I don’t know what I’m looking for. | 真不知道我自己在找什么 |
[12:47] | But if there are any clues as to who really killed Lilly, | 但是如果真的有一些关于谁杀害Lilly的线索的话 |
[12:49] | then they’re in Dad’s safe. | 那肯定在爸爸的保险柜里能找到 |
[12:58] | Arrest record, evidence log, autopsy report. | 抓捕记录,证物记录,验尸报告 |
[13:01] | How many times to I have to look at this stuff. | 到底这些东西要看几遍 |
[13:05] | Until it starts making sense. | 我才能发现事情的真相 |
[13:07] | All right, all right! It’s time for the main event. | 好了,好了,该我们的主角登场了 |
[13:14] | Gentlemen! In the red corner hailing from Balfour Port is Mighty Mike. | 先生们,红色角落这边的是来自Balfour Port的Mighty Mike |
[13:26] | And in the blue corner, the hometown hero | 而兰色角落这边的, 是我们的英雄 |
[13:32] | What’s your name? | 叫啥来着? |
[13:33] | Robbo Roth. | |
[13:35] | Robbo Roth! | |
[13:40] | All right, gentlemen, I want a clean fight. Go! | 好了,两位绅士,来场干净的比赛,开始 |
[13:56] | Where did this come from? | 这是哪来的? |
[14:10] | It’s impossible! | 这不可能 |
[14:31] | – Hey. – Hey, Dad. | 嗨,嗨,爸爸 |
[14:38] | In a way, it’s a little sad. | 从某种程度上来说,这真有点伤心 |
[14:42] | You know, the end of an era. | 这代表着一个时代的结束 |
[14:44] | Wanda wins and no more Pirate Points. | 如果Wanda获胜的话,以后就没有“海盗积分”了 |
[14:46] | No more lunch delivery. | 也没有食物分发活动了 |
[14:48] | Attention students. The results of the election have been tabulated. | 注意了,学生们,竞选结果已经出来了 |
[14:52] | There will be no runoff votes in any of the races. | 没有必要再进行最后一轮的一对一竞选 |
[14:56] | Thank god. | 谢天谢地 |
[14:57] | The winner in the office of secretary, Bryan Gibson. | 赢得办公室书记员的是Bryan Gibson |
[15:01] | Vice President, Katie Keenan. | 学生会副会长是 Katie Keenan |
[15:03] | And it gives me great pleasure to announce, | 最后很高兴向大家宣布的是 |
[15:06] | the 2004-2005 SCA President, Duncan Kane. | 2004-2005界的学生会会长是Duncan Kane |
[15:13] | That’s how it’s done! | 干的漂亮 |
[15:21] | That’s a steaming crock, Clemmons. | 真他妈气人, Clemmons |
[15:23] | There’s no way Duncan Kane could have carried half the student body. | 没道理Duncan Kane可以赢得超过半数的票的 |
[15:27] | Now I’ve got a story. | 肯定有问题 |
[15:35] | Mrs Donaldson, did you get my message? | Donaldson夫人,你收到我的消息了吗? |
[15:38] | About inspecting the ballots. | 关于检查投票的事? |
[15:40] | And? | 有答案了吗? |
[15:42] | My short answer? No. | 简单地说,没有 |
[15:44] | My long answer would be a speech about being a gracious loser | 要我说具体点的话,我就会给你来场关于 |
[15:47] | and about how just because you don’t like the outcome, | “失败及其成因”的演讲,这个选举结果可能 |
[15:50] | doesn’t mean you can cry foul. | 你不喜欢,但这并不代表你可以来胡搅蛮缠 |
[15:52] | The Student Charter says it is possible to lodge a formal protest. | 可学生守则里说了可以提一些合理的反对意见的 |
[15:57] | Which this is not. | 我不认为是这样 |
[15:58] | And if you had continued to read article 15 concerning student council elections; | 如果你读一下《学生会竞选条例》15条的话 |
[16:02] | you would know that once the votes have been certified, | 你就会知道一旦选举结果被鉴定 |
[16:04] | a faculty sponsor must approve any request for a recount. | 必须要由一名“员工保证人”支持你提出反对意见 |
[16:10] | That’s it? So I just need another teacher to rubberstamp this? | 就这么简单? 只需要一个老师保证就可以了? |
[16:15] | I think it’s really cool that you’re doing this. | 我认为你这样做真的很好 |
[16:17] | Oh, I’m happy to help, Veronica. | 很高兴能帮你, Veronica |
[16:19] | I just find it difficult to believe that someone would try and tamper with the student council election. | 真难相信有人会对学生会竞选做手脚 |
[16:23] | Well, you’re new. | 你刚来嘛 |
[16:26] | No one will let me forget it. | 我不会忘记这事的 |
[16:29] | All I’m saying is I admire your enthusiasm just don’t let it get in the way of- | 真的很钦佩你这么热心和正义 |
[16:33] | Fair and balanced, that’s me. | 要求公正,我一直都是这样 |
[16:38] | As promised, one faculty sponsor. | 你说过的,一个赞助人就可以了 |
[16:41] | I’d like to speak with Ms Dent for a moment please. | 请让我跟Dent夫人谈一会好吗 |
[16:49] | I can’t believe you’d let her rope you into this. | 我真不敢相信她把你给卷进来了 |
[16:52] | I’m sorry? | 什么意思? |
[16:53] | Look, Mallory. I’ve never heard of anything like this happening in a student election. | 听着,Mallory,我从没听说过学生会竞会出这种事 |
[16:57] | Is there really any harm in Veronica double checking the votes. | 那让Veronica再查查选票有什么关系? |
[17:01] | Well that’s not the point. | 这不是问题的关键 |
[17:02] | She’s manipulating you. | 她在利用你 |
[17:05] | And I’d like to give you the chance to reconsider. | 你再考虑一下这件事 |
[17:09] | I tell my students to be dogged. I tell them to follow hunches. | 我告诉我的学生要坚强,要相信自己的感觉 |
[17:12] | All great. | 很好 |
[17:14] | Certainly not telling you how to teach your class. | 但很明显没告诉你到底该怎么教这些学生 |
[17:17] | But this is a student elections and, um, | 这是学生会竞选,呃 |
[17:20] | I’m just suggesting that you let this go. | 我建议你就这样让这件事过吧 |
[17:24] | For your own good. | 对你自己没坏处 |
[17:28] | I’ve signed the form, the request is official. | 但我签了那张表格,现在她的要求是合法的 |
[17:33] | We’ll see those ballots now. | 让我们看看选票吧 |
[17:48] | – What’d you get? – Duncan still wins with 743 votes. | – 你那边怎么样? – Duncan 还是以743票取胜了 |
[17:52] | How many times are we going to run it? | 到底我们要检查几次? |
[17:54] | No sign of anyone erasing ballots. No ballots missing. | 没有迹象表明选票有改动过或丢失掉 |
[17:59] | Hey. Student 43059. | 嘿,43059号学生 |
[18:02] | Who the hell is candidate E and why did you vote for her? | E号候选人是谁?你怎么会选她? |
[18:04] | You think I’m not voting for the sister? | 你认为我没选那个女的? |
[18:07] | And for what possible reason do you have my student ID number memorised? | 你怎么一直记得我的学生号的? |
[18:12] | You can toss those ballots in the recycle bin when you’re done uncovering corruption. | 要是没发现问题的话,完事了可以把选票全扔掉 |
[18:22] | What? | 什么? |
[18:22] | What is it? | 这是什么? |
[18:25] | Well if “Wanda rulez” why’d you vote for Duncan, you head case? | 既然写着希望Wanda赢的话,为什么要投 Duncan? |
[18:29] | I wanna find out who this kid is and what art room he voted in. | 我想查查这个投票人是谁,在哪投的票 |
[18:32] | Yeah, and I want a statue of myself in the main lobby, | 好吧,我还希望在大堂里有个自己的雕象呢 |
[18:35] | holding a musket, staring down danger. | 手里拿把枪,排除危险 |
[18:38] | Since we’re talking about stuff we want. | 不是我们想怎么样就能怎么样的 |
[18:41] | P lease? | 帮帮忙,好吗? |
[18:42] | How hard was that? | 你知道那很难查的 |
[18:52] | Kevin Carney. He’s got art first period. | Kevin Carney,现在在上第一节美术课 |
[19:31] | Well you saw the voting cards yourself. You certified the count. | 你自己已经看了选票了,你自己也算了票数 |
[19:35] | There’s nothing left to argue, it’s over. | 没什么要争辩的了,这事结束了 |
[19:37] | Someone cheated. | 有人做了手脚 |
[19:38] | How? | 怎么做的? |
[19:39] | There were two sets of ballot instructions. | 有两沓选票上的填票说明 |
[19:41] | That simply doesn’t make any sense. | 那说明的了什么? |
[19:43] | Yes, it does. It makes perfect sense. | 当然能说明问题 |
[19:46] | The classes heavily populated with 09er kids got the candidates names in the correct order. | 那部分富家子弟,他们得到的候选人号码是正确的 |
[19:50] | The classes that Wanda would have carried – band, autoshop, art – | Wanda本可以争取到的那一部分人–乐队的 美术班的,以及机车队的 |
[19:54] | got a list with the candidates names reversed. | 却被告知了相反的候选人号码 |
[19:57] | When those students thought they were voting for Wanda, | 那些本想投Wanda票的人 |
[20:00] | they actually gave their votes to Duncan. | 最后实际上把票投给了Duncan |
[20:02] | You don’t really expect us to believe this. | 你不会是在开玩笑吧 |
[20:04] | We’ve invited the students from first period art. | 我们请来了正在上第一节美术课的学生 |
[20:06] | We could always ask them to review their ballots. | 我们可以让他们来对一下他们的票 |
[20:09] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[20:12] | Veronica. Exactly who do you accuse of doing this? | Veronica,那这件事你到底是在控诉谁? |
[20:16] | I’m not accusing anybody. | 我并不是在控诉谁 |
[20:18] | Then again it wouldn’t be hard to find out whose code was punched | 想找到是谁输了复印机的密码并且 |
[20:21] | into the copier that made the ballot instructions. | 做了那个假的投票说明 |
[20:25] | I had my student aide make them. | 我让我的一个学生助手去做的 |
[20:27] | And that would be who? | 请问是哪一位? |
[20:32] | Madison Sinclair. | |
[20:35] | Well there you go. | 那就是了 |
[20:37] | Mystery solved. | 谜团解开了 |
[20:41] | Attention students. | 所有学生,请注意 |
[20:43] | May I have your attention please? | 请注意好吗? |
[20:45] | I regret to inform you that there has been a mistake in tabulating the election results. | 我很抱歉地告诉大家,我们在做选票统计时出了点差错 |
[20:51] | There will be a runoff election Thursday | 星期四我们还将在Wanda Varner和Duncan Kane之间 |
[20:54] | between Wanda Varner and Duncan Kane. | 举行一场最后的竞选 |
[20:58] | Hi Madison. I heard you lost your student aide gig and your student council spot. | 嗨,Madison,我听说你丢了助理一职和学生会的职务 |
[21:02] | If I may be so bold as to make a recommendation, | 大胆地向你提个建议 |
[21:04] | on Fridays, ee-uh, Sloppy Joes are your best bet. | 星期五,Sloppy Joes是你最好的依靠 |
[21:15] | I’ve been waiting for a moment alone to take a closer look at the photo | 一直想一个人好好地看看 |
[21:18] | of Lilly’s bedroom on the night of her murder. | Lilly被杀当天晚上的卧室照片 |
[21:21] | The last thing I need is Dad popping his head in and discovering | 真不希望爸爸突然闯进来 |
[21:24] | that I’ve been poaching from his safe. | 发现我在偷看他保险柜里的东西 |
[21:49] | All right, when do I get to do yours? | 好吧,什么时候轮到我来替你画? |
[21:53] | Finishing touches. | 好了,完工 |
[21:56] | Duncan? | |
[21:57] | Oh, yeah, now that’s just creepy. | 哦,是啊,只有害怕了 |
[22:09] | Action News. This is Hank. | Action 新闻社,我是 Hank |
[22:11] | Hey. I’m a journalism student from Neptune High | 你好,我是 Neptune高中的一名学生记者 |
[22:14] | and I’m doing a follow up story on Abel Koontz. | 我在做关于Abel Koontz的追踪报道 |
[22:17] | I’m wondering if you could send me a copy of the piece you did on Koontz a couple days ago. | 你能否寄一盘几天前你做的一篇关于Koontz的报道 |
[22:34] | You know your mother | 你了解你的母亲的 |
[22:35] | and your mother’s personal trainer don’t need to know anything about this. | 你母亲的私人教练都不想知道这件事 |
[22:38] | Agreed. | 他们都同意了 |
[22:40] | What do you say we, uh, stop on the way home, | 在路边停一下 |
[22:43] | knock out some, uh, campaign bumper stickers. | 破坏了人家的竞选宣传广告 |
[22:46] | When you say we, you mean | 你说“我们”?你的意思是 |
[22:47] | I mean, we go and talk to some of my graphics guys. | 我的意思是我们去跟那些做图表的人谈谈 |
[22:51] | Oh, come on, Dunc. | 哦,来吧, Dunc. |
[22:52] | Look what you already accomplished and you weren’t even trying. | 你已经很优秀了,就不想试试这次竞选? |
[22:56] | Imagine what you’d be capable of if you just put your heart into it. | 只要你用心做,想象一下有什么你做不了的? |
[23:00] | Cue inspirational music here. | 在这来段灵乐 |
[23:02] | I’m so tired of your cynicism. | 我真受不了你的玩世不恭 |
[23:04] | Oh, Dad, I’m sorry, I mean I know you think that this election | 哦,对不起,爸爸,我知道你一直认为 |
[23:07] | is some sort of stepping stone on my way to the White House- | 这次竞选是我将来进入白宫的一块跳板 |
[23:10] | Well I got news for ya. I’m not concerned about this election, I just want to see you engaged. | 不,其实我并不在乎这次竞选,我只是希望看到 |
[23:15] | Enthusiastic about something. | 你认真地去做事,对一切充满热情 |
[23:18] | Look. Your happiness. Is all I’ve ever wanted. | 听着,我只要你天天开心,幸福 |
[23:33] | What if I find happiness living in a grass hut, carving driftwood figurines for tourists? | 如果我觉得住在茅草屋 为旅游的人雕雕纪念品就算一种幸福呢? |
[23:39] | I feel confident you have grander ambitions than that. | 我坚信你的理想比那要远大的多 |
[23:42] | But, if you’re, uh, happy and committed to driftwood carving, | 但如果你真的对雕木那么感兴趣的话 |
[23:46] | be the best driftwood carver you can be. | 那就尽全力成为一个最好的雕木家 |
[23:49] | After you’ve graduated from Stamford, | 当然是从Stamford大学毕业后 |
[23:51] | Law School, | 法学院 |
[23:53] | suma cum laudi. | 高知雕木家 |
[23:55] | See that! You’re already smiling. | 看吧,你笑了 |
[24:23] | I think the opposing campaign just went negative. | 我想这次的竞选活动没戏了 |
[24:26] | I’m gonna kill whoever did this! | 真想杀了干这些的人 |
[24:28] | They’re just posters. You still own the message. | 他们只是贴海报的人,你还有支持者 |
[24:30] | They’re not just posters. | 他们不仅仅是贴海报的人 |
[24:32] | They spray painted “Narc” on the hood of my car. | 他们在我车前罩上喷上了“Narc” |
[24:34] | You know they only chose the word “narc” because it would hit closest to home with your constituency. | 他们选“NARC”一词是因为它最能触动投票人的心 |
[24:39] | I shouldn’t find that comforting. | 本来不开心的 |
[24:41] | But I do. | 但现在总算好一点了 |
[24:43] | Well, why don’t you come over tonight and we’ll make new posters. | 今晚过来吧,我们可以做些新海报 |
[24:46] | And I’ll get some puppy paint and an Avril Lavigne CD | 我给你来点涂鸦作品和艾薇尔的 CD |
[24:48] | and it’ll be just like our pep squad days. | 就跟我们在健身班上一样 |
[24:51] | Awesome. | 棒极了 |
[24:55] | Okay, don’t do that. | 哦,别摆出那个德行 |
[25:00] | Bravo, Logan. It’s a new low. And just when the critics were having some doubts. | 好啊, Logan,创了新低了 正当那些评论家们怀疑的时候 |
[25:07] | Must be talking about your, uh, narc friend, W-W-W-Wanda. | 跟你的Narc朋友Wanda谈过了? |
[25:13] | Well isn’t it time that you found another bad guy. | 现在你应该去找找到底是哪个坏小子做了这事啊 |
[25:18] | Look, I just don’t have time to be responsible | 听着,不是每一件发生在你身上的事 |
[25:22] | for every little thing that goes wrong in your life. | 都是我干的,好吗? |
[25:33] | So, was it your idea or did you just play it your usual way? | 那些事情是你出的主意呢还是你的一贯手法? |
[25:38] | What’s my usual way? | 什么我一贯手法? |
[25:40] | Oh, you know, Duncan. You don’t initiate trouble. | 哦, Duncan,你从不挑起事端 |
[25:44] | You don’t initiate much of anything anymore. | 任何时候都不 |
[25:47] | Don’t stop there, Veronica. | 你想说什么?Veronica |
[25:49] | Say it. | 说啊 |
[25:52] | What’s my usual way? | 什么叫我的“一贯手法”? |
[25:54] | You stand idly by. | 你暗中操作 |
[26:04] | Gotta check out “The Smoking Gun” website. | 查查看这个叫”冒烟的枪” 的网站 |
[26:06] | Excuse me, we’re in the middle of a class here. | 对不起,我们处于中间阶层 |
[26:10] | Dude, you’re famous. | 兄弟,你出名了 |
[26:36] | So, what’s the story with you and Weevil? | 你和Weevil之间发生了什么故事? |
[26:39] | Weevil? | |
[26:41] | There’s no story. Why? | 没有发生什么啊,怎么了? |
[26:43] | No reason. Just thought you might have shared your friend Lilly’s bad boy thing. | 没什么, 还以为你跟Lilly的男朋友有什么呢 |
[26:47] | But I guess I was wrong. | 但看来我想做了 |
[26:49] | Lilly had more of a boy thing. | Lilly不止一个男朋友 |
[26:51] | Are you sure? Lilly and Weevil never, because I heard- | 你确信? Lilly和 Weevil从来没有发生过矛盾 我听说… |
[26:54] | Never! | 我跟他没什么 |
[26:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:57] | So. Is this one any good? | 觉得这个怎么样? |
[27:00] | Umm, I, uh, I don’t know, I haven’t read it. | 呃,我不知道,我还没看过 |
[27:04] | Yeah. Most of these college guys are pretty unreadable. | 是啊,大多数大学生现在都不爱读书 |
[27:08] | So what’s your first choice? Ivy? Baby Ivys? Seven Sisters? Liberal Arts? East Coast? | 你最爱看什么? Ivy? Baby Ivys? |
[27:13] | It gives me a panic attack to just think about it. | 这些听上去就够可怕的了 |
[27:16] | Yeah. I really want to go to Williams. | 是啊,我真的很想上Williams大学 |
[27:18] | Now all I have to do is rob a bank and ace the SATs. | 要实现目标只有只有好好读书,努力赚钱了 |
[27:22] | I think we’re in the same boat. | 我两处境相同啊 |
[27:30] | Hey, Dad. | 嗨,爸爸 |
[27:34] | What are you doing up? | 在干吗? |
[27:36] | I couldn’t sleep. | 睡不着 |
[27:39] | What with the phone ringing every five minutes. | 怎么电话每5分钟就响一次? |
[27:42] | “Access Hollywood”, “Entertainment Tonight”, “E”. | “走进好莱坞”, “欢乐今宵”, “E”. |
[27:48] | Any guesses what they wanted to talk about? | 猜得出他们到底想要谈什么吗? |
[27:51] | My charity work? | 我的慈善工作? |
[27:53] | No. | 不,不是 |
[27:54] | My latest Christmas movie? | 我去年圣诞节看的电影? |
[27:57] | No. | 也不是 |
[27:58] | They wanted to talk about my son’s latest opus. | 他们想要谈一下我儿子最近办的活动 |
[28:02] | “Skid Row Boxing”. | “贫民窟拳击比赛” |
[28:08] | Look, Dad, I, uh I didn’t know what- | 爸爸,呃,我,我不知道该怎么说 |
[28:11] | I have to say that your performance was really impressive. | 我想说你表现地很好 |
[28:15] | The way you play the ungrateful son determined to humiliate his father was utterly impressive. | 你想让你这个父亲丢面子的行为真的很成功 |
[28:21] | Do you have any idea what you just cost this family? | 你知道你使整个家庭失去了什么吗? |
[28:23] | Of course you don’t. You never had to work for anything in your life. | 哦,你肯定不知道,你从不知道为别人付出什么 |
[28:27] | Well, tomorrow, | 好,明天 |
[28:31] | after school, | 放学后 |
[28:33] | you’re going to get your first lesson in public relations. | 你将会在公众面前接受教训 |
[28:38] | Logan. | |
[28:39] | Don’t you ever embarrass me again. | 千万别让我再丢一次脸 |
[28:56] | Vote for Wanda. | 选Wanda |
[29:02] | Weevil. Put one on the back of your bike? | Weevil,放一个在你自行车后,好吗? |
[29:05] | Naw. I’m not going to vote for that narc. | 不,我不会选那个narc的 |
[29:07] | Come on, Weevil. | 得了吧,Weevil |
[29:07] | You know better than to believe everything you hear at this school, that’s just dirty politics. | 你很清楚学校里传的那些话,那是被人做了手脚的 |
[29:11] | You might want to explain that to Felix. | 也许你要去跟 Felix 解释一下 |
[29:13] | Somehow the Sheriff found out that all the “Welcome to Neptune” signs are hanging up in his bedroom, | 不知何故,镇长发现 他勾引上那个叫Wanda的女孩一周后 |
[29:18] | a week after he hooks up with your girl Wanda. | 他房间里满是挂着”欢迎来 Neptune” 的标语 |
[29:20] | Now how did that happen, huh? | 那是怎么回事? |
[29:21] | Now homeboy’s got four weekends of highway clean up. | 帮派的兄弟们靠四个周末的高速公路赚钱了 |
[29:31] | Hey, superstar. | 嗨,我的大明星 |
[29:32] | Are you nervous? | 紧张吗? |
[29:34] | I’m so embarrassed but yes. | 有的窘困,紧张 |
[29:37] | Well, I think we should celebrate this weekend. Win or lose. | 不管结果如何,我想我们都应该庆祝一下 |
[29:40] | I heard about this rave out in the desert. | 听说有个“沙漠狂欢” |
[29:42] | And we can make it if we leave directly after school tomorrow. | 明天一放学我们就出发的话就可以赶得上 |
[29:45] | Bitchin’. I’ll tell my mom I’m spending the night at your place. | 好啊,那我告诉我妈到时在你那边过夜 |
[29:50] | Do we need any provisions? | 我们还需要点什么吧? |
[29:53] | Provisions? With a capital E, absolutely. | 来点什么? |
[29:57] | But I know a guy. | 但我认识一个男孩 |
[29:58] | Oh, jealous. Wish I knew a guy. | 哦,真羡慕你,真希望我也有一个 |
[30:06] | Here you go, Ms Dent. | 好了, Dent夫人 |
[30:08] | We will be voting simultaneously this morning in order to prevent any confusion. | 今天早上我们会同时投票,以免不必要的误会 |
[30:13] | By now everyone should have their scantron ballots. | 好,现在大家都已经拿到选票卡了 |
[30:16] | All right. Here goes. | 好,我们开始 |
[30:18] | If you’d like to vote for Duncan Kane, mark “A” | 要选Duncan Kane的,请涂“A” |
[30:23] | and if you’d like to vote for Wanda Varner, mark “B”. | 选 Wanda Varne的,请涂”B”. |
[30:27] | Let’s see. | 让我想想 |
[30:28] | On the one hand, we have the hot cold ex-boyfriend and heir to the status quo. | 一边是帅气冷酷的前男友,获胜的话就维持现状 |
[30:33] | On the other, the potentially duplicitous new friend and champion to the disenfranchised. | 另一边,不诚实的新朋友,获胜后就会来场大变革 |
[30:40] | Wanna hang out? And I’ll impress you with my diving skills. | 要出去? 我的潜水技能很不错的 |
[30:45] | Oh, did you hear that Becky Lacey is trying out for mascot? | 你听说了吗, Becky Lacey要去祈福 |
[30:50] | Really. | 真的? |
[30:54] | Table’s ready. | 到那边去吃 |
[30:56] | You know what, man? | 你知道吗,兄弟 |
[30:59] | You’re fine where you are. | 你在这里吃很好 |
[31:01] | Dick, here, can find his own spot. | Dick,他可以的 |
[31:17] | Yeah. | 什么事? |
[31:19] | I know I’m late Marty. | 我知道我已经迟到了,Marty |
[31:21] | Look, is this the closest homeless shelter you could find? | 听着,这是你能找到的最近的无家可归人的居住地了? |
[31:25] | No. Never mind. | 不,没什么 |
[31:26] | Are the cameras ready. | 照相机准备好了吗? |
[31:28] | Good. | 很好 |
[31:31] | All right. | 好吧 |
[31:34] | Now this is how this is gonna work. | 这是解决问题的办法 |
[31:36] | They’re gonna get a few shots of you volunteering at the soup kitchen, | 他们会帮你拍几张你在鸡汤店里义务劳动的照片 |
[31:39] | then I’m gonna join you for an interview with the TV crews, you got it? | 我还会跟你一起接受个采访,明白了吗? |
[31:42] | What do you want me to tell them? | 你要我跟他们说什么? |
[31:43] | What do you think, Logan? | 你还不明白么,Logan? |
[31:47] | That you’re sorry. | 你已经做错了 |
[31:50] | That you’re bone-headed. | 一错再错 |
[31:52] | And that ya screwed up. | 你要重树形象 |
[31:54] | I’ll take care of the rest. | 我现在来帮你 |
[32:00] | Vince! What’s happening? | Vince,怎么了? |
[32:03] | Yeah, I got the script. I’ve seen better writing on cereal boxes. | 是,我有了新剧本了,比什么拳击赛要好的多的 |
[32:07] | Oh, big deal. The man hasn’t made a watchable movie since the seventies. | 哦,是么,那家伙70年代后就一直没拍过电影 |
[32:12] | Are they gonna meet my quote? | 他们会接受我的价钱吗? |
[32:14] | Hot damn! | 很好,很好 |
[32:16] | Son! How do you argue with eight figures? | 儿子,用什么办法才能跟八个名人讨价还价? |
[32:20] | Ya can’t. Can’t be done. | 决不可能 |
[32:24] | Okay. Have ’em to draw up the contract. | 好的,让他们快点起草合同 |
[32:26] | Hey. It’s Don King. | 嗨, 这不是Don King吗 |
[32:31] | Hey, you find some sucker who’s willing to make a bitch outta hisself for cash? | 你小子找到谁帮你卖命打拳了没? |
[32:44] | All right. | 好吧 |
[32:49] | You ready to do this? | 你准备好了吗? |
[32:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:14] | Hey, thanks a lot. | 嘿,多谢 |
[33:15] | Mr Echolls, we’re ready for you anytime. | Mr Echolls,我们随时为你恭候 |
[33:18] | Catch you guys later. | 等会再过来陪你们 |
[33:19] | Logan! | |
[33:24] | Excuse me! | 对不起,各位 |
[33:25] | Uh, I just wanted to say that my father was not an educated man. | 我要想说 我的父亲不是一个接受过很好教育的人 |
[33:31] | He dropped out of school after the eighth grade so he could go to work | 他8年级的时候就辍学,以便去 |
[33:34] | in the new automotive plant in Pontiac, Michigan. | 密歇跟Pontiac的一家新的汽车工厂工作 |
[33:37] | And he once told me something that I’ll never forget. | 你曾经跟我说了一些我永远无法忘记的话 |
[33:40] | He said son, a good heart is worth all the heads in the world put together. | 他说, 一颗美丽的心灵就 等于世界上一切精明的头脑 |
[33:48] | Now my son here will be the first one to admit that he wasn’t using his head. | 而我的儿子,正是理解这话含义的人 他没有用他的精明 |
[33:53] | But I promise each and every one of you, | 但我可以告诉各位的是 |
[33:56] | that this boy, | 这孩子 |
[33:59] | this boy has a great heart. | 这孩子有一颗很好的心灵 |
[34:06] | Um. I know now that, uh, that what I did was wrong. | 呃,我知道,我做了些错事 |
[34:16] | I’m really sorry. | 真的很对不起 |
[34:19] | I, uh, I only hope that one day I can live up to my dad’s good example. | 我,呃,我希望能有那么一天做得跟我父亲那么成功 |
[34:27] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[34:34] | Okay, look, uh, I know that you didn’t want to make a big deal out of this | 好的,呃,我知道你们不想就这个小题大做 |
[34:40] | but I’m just so proud of him that I, I can’t keep it a secret. | 但我要说出来的是,我为我父亲感到自豪 |
[34:46] | Dad told me on the way over that he’s donating half a million dollars to the Neptune foodbank. | 爸爸在过来的路上 告诉我他将为Neptune粮食银行捐献50万 |
[34:52] | Way to go, Dad. | 你真了不起,爸爸 |
[36:11] | Hey Veronica. Deputy wants to inspect your locker. | 嗨,Veronica,代理人想要检查一下你的柜子 |
[36:15] | You’d think I’d quit being surprised at finding a knife in my back. | 你一定认为如果有人在背后 捅我刀子的话我一定会感到吃惊 |
[36:24] | Ah, Veronica Mars. | 啊, Veronica Mars |
[36:25] | We meet again. | 我们又见面了 |
[36:26] | The Sheriff’s Department has asked me- | 镇长部让我们这么做的… |
[36:27] | I could just give you my locker combination, save us all a lot of trouble. | 要不要连密码都告诉你,省的以后麻烦? |
[36:45] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[36:46] | There’s a couple of suckers. | 里面有几个吸管 |
[36:48] | In the bag if you want one. | 你要可以拿一个 |
[36:53] | This is Mrs Donaldson, the student council advisor. | 我是Donaldson夫人, 学生会指导老师 |
[36:57] | I’m pleased to announce that the winner of the student council presidency is | 很高兴告诉大家 这一届学生会竞选获胜者是 |
[37:02] | Duncan Kane. | |
[37:19] | Wanda! | |
[37:22] | I guess we’re not going to that rave in the desert | 我想我不准备跟你去那个“沙漠狂欢”了 |
[37:24] | but I do have a pretty good idea of where you can stick these. | 但在哪可以贴这些东西,我倒是有好的建议 |
[37:27] | – You don’t understand. – You’re right. I don’t. | -你不会明白的, -是啊,我不明白 |
[37:29] | Why don’t you explain it to me. | 干吗不跟我解释解释? |
[37:30] | I got busted last year for possession. | 去年开始我就已经没什么钱了 |
[37:32] | This was the only way that they would keep it off my record. | 这是唯一不让他们将这记录在案的办法 |
[37:35] | I’d never get into Williams with a drug charge on my file. | 如果我被指控与涉毒的话,我不可能上的了Williams大学 |
[37:37] | So you were willing to wreck my future to save your own. | 所以你就出卖我的将来而换取你的? |
[37:45] | Veronica! This wasn’t just about getting into college. | Veronica,这不是简单的进大学的问题 |
[37:48] | If I would have won, I would have done what I promised. | 如果我赢了的话,我会实现我承诺过的东西 |
[37:51] | We would have changed the way things work around here. | 我们将改变这里一切不合理的东西 |
[37:56] | You know what? | 知道吗? |
[37:58] | No hard feelings. | 其实我没什么不好受 |
[38:00] | I didn’t vote for you. | 我实际上没选你 |
[38:07] | Well, it’s been a crazy week, uh, but I am proud to introduce | 呃,尽管这一周一切都很乱,但现在我要介绍 |
[38:11] | your new student body president, Duncan Kane. | 我们的新任学生会主席, Duncan Kane |
[38:20] | Thank you Mrs Donaldson. | 谢谢你,Donaldson夫人 |
[38:22] | And now, my first act as President, | 作为新任学生会主席,我第一件要做的事是 |
[38:25] | I would like to make sure that no one loses a single Pirate Point. | 没人将会失去任何“海盗积分” |
[38:35] | But you know what? In addition to varsity sports, | 但你知道吗? 除了参加体育的学生之外 |
[38:37] | I would also like to make sure that students in band, students who make honour role, | 我将会给那些参加乐队的学生,做好事的学生 |
[38:43] | students who perform in school plays, that write for the school newspaper | 参加各类学校活动的学生,包括为校报写文章 |
[38:48] | Even students who excel in vocational trades should be eligible to earn Pirate Points. | 甚至平时擅长做生意的学生以后都会获得“海盗积分” |
[38:56] | And they should share in the benefits. | 这些人都该分享这里的一切 |
[38:59] | Okay. So what kind of candy should we sell this year. | 好,那么今年我们要卖什么样的糖果呢? |
[39:21] | Dad changed the combination. | 爸爸把密码改了 |
[39:24] | He knows. | 他发现了 |
[39:30] | – Package for you. – Oh great. | – 你的包裹 – 哦,谢谢 |
[39:35] | Something from Action News? | Action报社寄来的? |
[39:38] | Oh, uh, nothing, a tape for a journalism project. | 哦,呃,没什么,关于新闻业计划的带子 |
[39:42] | Just to compare and contrast TV news footage with, uh, local print coverage. | 关于比较电视传媒和报刊传媒的比较 |
[40:02] | I’m lying. You know I’m lying. | 我是在说谎,你知道我在说谎,是吧 |
[40:05] | I don’t want things to be like this between us anymore. | 我不想我们之间象这样一直下去 |
[40:08] | Like what? | 象哪样? |
[40:09] | Like our own game of spy vs spy. | 我们之间暗地里互相隐瞒什么 |
[40:15] | You know I was in the safe. | 你知道我看了保险柜的东西 |
[40:18] | And I know you’re still investigating Lilly’s murder. | 我也知道你还在查Lilly的谋杀案 |
[40:20] | I was. I’m not anymore. | 以前是在查,现在不查了 |
[40:22] | Why not? Dad, we’re running out of time. | 为什么不查,爸爸,我们没时间了 |
[40:25] | I used to think that solving the case was the key to our happiness. | 我曾一直认为破案是我们幸福的关键 |
[40:29] | Solve the case and my reputation is restored. | 破了案,我的名声就回来了 |
[40:33] | Solve the case and your mom comes home. | 破了案,你妈妈就会回来 |
[40:35] | Solve the case and you go back to being a normal teenage girl. | 破了案,你就可以过着普通女孩的生活 |
[40:38] | So let’s do it, let’s solve the case- | 那我们就这么做吧,我们把案子破了 |
[40:40] | Wait, Veronica. What I believe in now is that we make the most out of what we have here and now. | 不,Veronica 我现在觉得我们是在浪费拥有的美好的一切 |
[40:45] | I believe in going to the zoo with the person I love the most. | 我觉得应该跟我最爱的孩子一起去动物园 |
[40:51] | This isn’t a school project. | 这个包裹里其实不是什么“计划” |
[40:54] | It’s the footage of Abel Koontz’s arrest. | 是Abel Koontz被捕的录象 |
[40:57] | And I need to show you something. | 我要给你看一些东西 |
[41:01] | This is an enlargement of a crime scene photo taken the night of Lilly’s murder. | 这是事发当晚,犯罪现场的放大照片 |
[41:15] | The defendant is scheduled to die by lethal injection as early as next year. | 被告预计将在明年,以静脉注射方式处死 |
[41:25] | What are those shoes doing in Abel Koontz’s possession? | Abel Koontz证物里的 那双鞋子是怎么回事? |
[41:30] | Good question. | 问的好 |
[41:34] | Synchro: Amariss – www.forom.com – | 禁止任何商业用途否则后果自负 ————————– |