时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Veronica Mars | 上集回顾 |
[00:02] | What do you think Mom was doing at the Camelot motel with Jake Kane? | 你觉得妈妈和Jake Kane在Camelot旅馆干吗? |
[00:05] | Veronica. Please. | Veronica. 拜托. |
[00:06] | I know all about your dad and the murder investigation. | 我很了解你爸爸以及关于谋杀的调查. |
[00:08] | No you don’t. Lilly Kane was my best friend. | 不,你不了解. Lilly Kane曾是我最好的朋友. |
[00:10] | A guy confessed. He said he did it. | 已经有人承担了责任. 他说是他干的. |
[00:12] | You’re dying, Abel. You didn’t kill Lilly Kane. | 你快死了, Abel. 你没有杀Lilly Kane. |
[00:15] | You’re just somebody’s patsy. | 你只是某人的替罪羊. |
[00:17] | Did you know that the head of security at Kane Software | 你知道Kane软件的保安头头 |
[00:19] | was the one that got Koontz arrested? | 是抓住Koontz的人之一吗? |
[00:21] | I think I have a secret admirer. | 我想我有个神秘仰慕者. |
[00:24] | J. Geils was right, love stinks. | J. Geils 是对的, 一股爱情味. |
[00:31] | Mom. | 妈妈. -=COSL-YTET小组工作室=- |
[00:51] | I searched for my mother for the better part of a year. | 我用一年中的很多时间找我母亲. |
[00:53] | I doubt that Clarence Wiedman just happened to find her the same night. | 我怀疑Clarence Wiedman碰巧也在同一晚找到她. |
[01:16] | He didn’t know where to find my mother. | 他不知道该到哪找我妈. |
[01:18] | He knew where to find me. | 可他知道到哪找我. |
[01:29] | I never donated to the wildlife alliance, | 我从没为野生动物联盟捐过钱, |
[01:32] | yet I kept that stupid pencil sharpener they sent. | 但我还是把他们寄来的这愚蠢的削铅笔器留着. |
[01:47] | Wiedman was listening when I booked my flight to Barstow. | Wiedman听到我订机票去Barstow. |
[01:50] | I should have left right from the dance but I didn’t want my mother to see me | 我应该一跳好舞就走 可我又不想让我妈在这一年里 |
[01:53] | for the first time in a year looking like an extra from “Valley Girl”. | 第一次看到我时我穿的像个”乡下妹”. |
[01:57] | It seemed important at the time. | 这一点此时看起来很重要. |
[01:59] | I know who’s doing it Mom, I know who’s blackmailing us. | 我知道是谁干的妈妈, 我知道谁在勒索我们. |
[02:05] | He had to have seen me. | 他看到我们了. |
[02:07] | He knows I’ve made contact. | 他知道我联系过的. |
[02:11] | I’m fine, I’m fine, I’m fine. | 我很好, 我很好, 我很好. |
[02:14] | Honey, just please go. Please go, baby. | 亲爱的, 你走吧. 走吧, 孩子. |
[02:19] | I have been searching for you for a year. I’m not going anywhere. | 我找了你一年. 我哪也不去. |
[02:23] | Oh, god, I’ve missed you so much. | 喔, 天哪, 我是多么想念你. |
[02:26] | But this is bad. This is very bad, you shouldn’t be here. | 但这不好. 非常不好, 你不该在这里的. |
[02:30] | Neither should you. | 你也不该. |
[02:31] | I’m trying, though, I’m trying to protect you and I can’t. | 我在尝试, 我在尝试保护你尽管我做不到. |
[02:37] | I can’t. It’s just so hard. | 我不能. 这太难了. |
[02:41] | Can we get some coffee over here please? | 能给这儿来点咖啡吗? |
[02:45] | It’s okay. | 好的. |
[02:47] | Mom, Mom, everything is gonna be okay. | 妈妈, 妈妈, 一切都会好的. |
[02:56] | Clarence Wiedman was listening when I booked my flight to Barstow yesterday morning. | 我昨天早上订机票 去Barstow时Clarence Wiedman在偷听. |
[03:00] | I can only hope he’s listening now. | 我只希望他现在也在听. |
[03:04] | Or maybe, I want him listening. | 或者,也许, 我希望如此. |
[03:27] | Now that was just racy. | 这才叫竞争力. |
[03:30] | Respect the jumper, Jack. Respect the jumper. Kid’s got rank. | 你得尊重这跳跃 Jack.尊重这跳跃.孩子都懂. |
[03:34] | Enjoy this moment, ’cause it’s over now. | 享受这一刻, 因为现在结束了. |
[03:37] | I’ve space and opportunity. | 我有空间和机会. |
[03:44] | Ooo. That’s your jock back there. | Ooo. 真正的运动健将. |
[03:47] | Do you need to jump back and kiss yourself? ‘Cause I can wait. | 你不想跳回去亲亲你自己吗? 我都等不急了. |
[03:50] | Good practice, good practice. | 干的好, 干的好. |
[03:52] | Wallace, my man! | Wallace, 好家伙! |
[03:54] | Hey, what’s up Wallace. | 嘿, 好吗,Wallace. |
[03:55] | Good game. | 干的漂亮. |
[03:56] | Wassup, player? | 怎样, 球手? |
[03:59] | They like you! They really like you! | 他们喜欢你! 他们真的喜欢你! |
[04:05] | Hi Wallace. | 嗨 Wallace. |
[04:07] | Hi. | 嗨. |
[04:08] | Who’s the hoochie? | 那是谁? |
[04:10] | Nadine? She’s in our grade. | Nadine? 她是我们年级的. |
[04:13] | See, you need to socialise more, that’s your problem. | 看, 你需要更多的社交, 那才是你的问题. |
[04:15] | Wait. That’s my problem? | 等等.我的问题? |
[04:18] | Yeah, I know. This school hasn’t always been that great to you. | 是的, 我知道.这学校不是一直都对你那么好的. |
[04:20] | The gentleman does have the gift for the understatement. | 有话直说. |
[04:23] | I-I’m just saying | 我只是说说 |
[04:26] | I’ve met a few people around here. They seem pretty cool. | 我在这儿碰到的一些人. 他们很酷. |
[04:29] | Maybe this school isn’t as bad as you think it is. | 也许这学校不是你想的那么坏. |
[04:35] | They seem friendly. | 他们看上去很友好. |
[04:39] | Veronica. My office. Now. | Veronica. 到我办公室来. 现在. |
[04:45] | I love this school. | 我真爱这学校. |
[04:48] | When we arrived this morning, we discovered that Polly was gone. | 今早我们到的时候, 我们发现Polly走了. |
[04:53] | Missing or…? | 失踪还是…? |
[04:55] | Missing! | 失踪! |
[04:57] | Someone stole our mascot? | 有人偷走了我们的福星? |
[05:02] | Well, lets get to it. | 好吧,直接点. |
[05:04] | You know is was me and I know it wasn’t | 你认为是我,可我知道不是. |
[05:06] | and now I’m suspended or expelled, tarred, feathered- | 所以现在我就像悬在空中被涂满柏油粘满羽毛- |
[05:09] | Excuse me? | 请原谅? |
[05:10] | I didn’t take the bird. | 我没拿走那鸟. |
[05:12] | I’m not accusing you. | 我不是在指责你. |
[05:13] | I’m asking for your help. | 我在寻求你的帮助. |
[05:18] | I want you to find Polly. | 我想要你找回Polly. |
[05:56] | You know how out of control the rivalry between Neptune and Pan High is. | 你知道Neptune中学和Pan中学的竞争有多失控. |
[06:00] | It used to be toilet paper on trees but in recent years things have escalated. | 虽然近年没有事态的扩大 可过去曾有过贴树上的卫生纸. |
[06:05] | If this matter isn’t resolved quickly and discretely, | 如果这事情不能很快的解决, |
[06:09] | things could get ugly. | 事情会很糟. |
[06:12] | We don’t really have the money to hire a professional | 我们没钱去雇专业的, |
[06:15] | but I have noticed that you have certain | 但我想你能行? |
[06:18] | skills plus as I understand it, you work for your dad in some capacity. | 据我所知, 你能帮你爸爸不少忙. |
[06:23] | I do. | 是的. |
[06:24] | And what do you normally charge for something like this? | 像这种事你一般要多少酬劳? |
[06:26] | A lot. | 很多. |
[06:28] | Yeah, it’s gonna set you back. | 没错, 可你能拿回不少. |
[06:30] | How far back? | 多少? |
[06:32] | Personal letter of recommendation. I’ll write it, you’ll sign it. | 一封私人介绍信. 我来写,你签字. |
[06:35] | My own parking space and… a different locker, preferably in the east hall. | 我的私人停车位以及… 一个特别的柜子 最好在东区. |
[06:39] | The letter and the locker, fine. | 信和柜子,好的. |
[06:41] | But you’re not getting your own parking space. | 但你不能有私人停车位. |
[06:43] | – Can you get me out of PE? – No. | – 那让我免修体育? – 不. |
[06:44] | – How about a few excused absences? – How about one? | – 那么几个缺席允许? – 一个怎么样? |
[06:46] | – I’m thinking three. – Miss Mars… | – 我想要三个. – Mars小姐… |
[06:47] | – You’re the one with the missing bird. – Fine. | – 是你要找失踪的鸟. – 好吧. |
[06:51] | Two. | 2个. |
[06:55] | And this is, obviously, a confidential matter. | 并且这次会面是秘密的. |
[07:00] | It’ll be our little secret. | 它会成为我们之间的小秘密. |
[07:09] | Good game, Wallace. | 干的好, Wallace. |
[07:10] | Yo, Wallace! You hear some guys from the Pan High stole our parrot? | 哟, Wallace! 你听说了Pan中学的 几个家伙偷走了我们的鹦鹉吗? |
[07:14] | Do not take this lying down. | 别为此泄气. |
[07:16] | – They stole Polly? – Gone. | – 他们偷走了Polly? – 对. |
[07:17] | I guess the secret’s out. | 我猜秘密已经泄露了. |
[07:18] | And this matters to you? | 这对你有影响? |
[07:20] | I have plenty of free time as an office aide. Me and Polly, we bonded. | 作为办公室助手我有充足的时间 我和Polly, 是联系在一起的. |
[07:23] | It’ll eat right from my hand. | 它只吃我手上的食物. |
[07:25] | What’s up Wallace? | 怎么了 Wallace? |
[07:27] | I must say, I’m a little touched. You picked the locker next to mine. | 我必须说,我很感动. 因为你挑了我旁边的柜子. |
[07:31] | This is prime real estate. Wallace Fennel adajacent? | 这是私人财产. Wallace Fennel ? |
[07:36] | I’m telling you. This school is so much better than my old one. Look at this. | 告诉你.这所学校比我过去的好多了.看看这个. |
[07:39] | Wow, your own cookies? | 哦, 你自己的饼干? |
[07:41] | Snickerdoodles. And they just appeared in my locker, just like that. | Snickerdoodles. 还出现在我的柜子里, 真喜欢. |
[07:44] | Open my locker, bam. Homemade cookies. | 打开柜子. 自制饼干. |
[07:48] | And that’s not all. | 还不只这些. |
[07:49] | A peeled grape? | 一个剥了皮的葡萄? |
[07:51] | “Go Wallace. We love you. You rock.” | “加油 Wallace. 我们爱你. 你真棒.” |
[07:55] | Wow. A snack and an ego stroke. I wish I was a baller. | 哦. 小点心外加自我陶醉. 我着希望我是个球员. |
[07:59] | Great game the other night, man. | 那晚的比赛真不错, 伙计. |
[08:01] | Eighteen points, eight assists. | 18分, 8次助攻. |
[08:03] | On the streets, we call those dimes. | 在街上,我们叫它dime. |
[08:04] | Streets! You live on the corner of Pleasant Valley and Marigold. | 街上! 你住在Pleasant Valley 和Marigold的角落里. |
[08:08] | Hey, did you cut your hair? | 嘿, 你把头发剪了? |
[08:13] | No, I’m growing it out. | 不, 我只是把它披着. |
[08:18] | Wel- anyway, it looks great. | 反正, 看上去不错. |
[08:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢. |
[08:22] | – We gonna beat Pan, man? – Bet on it. | – 我们会打败Pan的,伙计? – 敢打赌能. |
[08:27] | Can I just do something? | 我能做点什么吗? |
[08:30] | Why does everyone keep doing that to you? | 为什么每个人老那么对待你? |
[08:31] | Seriously, it’s like you’re made of velour or something. | 说真的, 像是你干了什么了不得的事. |
[08:34] | Wallace, you coming or what? | Wallace, 你来吗? |
[08:36] | I was gonna go hang out with some of the guys on the team at lunch. | 我要和那些队里的家伙出去吃午饭. |
[08:39] | And ruin the sanctity of our lunch duo? | 来破坏我们圣洁的午饭约定? |
[08:42] | You know that’ll send me crying to the bathroom. | 你知道那会让我躲在厕所里哭的. |
[08:44] | Come hang out. | 一起去吧. |
[08:45] | At the cool jock table? Me? | 在那个酷jock桌? 我? |
[08:47] | Come on. They’re all right. | 来吧. 他们不错. |
[08:49] | Thanks, but I have other plans. | 谢了, 但我还有别的事. |
[08:59] | Pan High, the Un-Neptune. Just 15 miles away but when those miles are heading inland, | Pan中学, 非Neptune的 只是15英里以外但是郡内的, |
[09:04] | there are no yacht clubs and no $5 million homes with coastal views. | 没有游艇俱乐部和5百万美圆的沿海视野的房子. |
[09:08] | The parking lot is full of American-made cars from the nineties | 停车场满是美国造的和90年代的车子. |
[09:11] | and the vending machines don’t carry Orangina. | 而且贩卖机不卖Orangina. |
[09:14] | People here hate Neptune as much as I do. | 这里的人们讨厌Neptune就像我这么多. |
[09:17] | Go to any High School in America and you can tell who the popular kids are. | 去任何的美国高中都能看出谁是热门的家伙. |
[09:22] | Who’s that? | 那是谁? |
[09:22] | They travel in packs of the biggest, the shiniest, and the prettiest. | 他们会用最大最炫最漂亮的包走来走去. |
[09:26] | And much like wolves, they’re always on the lookout for new meat. | 更像是狼, 他们总在寻找新的猎物. |
[09:30] | Got some room over here! | 这儿有位置! |
[09:33] | Whoever said it’s a man’s world had no idea how easy it is sometimes to be a girl. | 任何人说这是个男人的社会的 都没意识到有时候对个女孩来说有多容易. |
[09:43] | I was doing the first day scout. Where to sit, where not to sit. | 我正做着第一天的巡查. 去哪坐, 不去哪坐. |
[09:47] | This is a good choice, I promise. | 这是个好选择, 我保证. |
[09:48] | I’m Richie. | 我是Richie. |
[09:50] | Uh-oh. Thirteen. Is it my unlucky day? | 哦. 13号. 是我的倒霉日? |
[09:53] | Hardly! It’s your first day and you’re already at the cool table. | 才不! 这是你的第一天而你 已经在这张很酷的桌子上了. |
[09:56] | – This is Curtis. – How you doing. | – 这是Curtis. – 你好吗. |
[09:58] | – And that’s Zeke. – Hey. | – 这是Zeke. – 嘿. |
[09:59] | Hi. I’m | 嗨. 我是? |
[10:02] | Betty. | |
[10:04] | So, you guys all play basketball? | 那么, 你们都打篮球? |
[10:06] | Curtis and I do. | Curtis 和我打. |
[10:07] | I’m team manager. Which is like being on the team. | 我是管理人. 就像是队里的. |
[10:10] | Which is like being near the team. | 就像在球队身边. |
[10:12] | I love basketball. | 我喜欢篮球. |
[10:14] | I’m kind of a freak when it comes to sports. I totally get into it. | 对体育而言我像个怪胎. 我百分百投入. |
[10:17] | Are we talking face paint? | 我们在聊涂脸? |
[10:18] | Face painting, hair streaking the colour of the school. At my old school, I was Horny. | 涂脸, 把头发的颜色和学校相衬 在我过去的学校, 我很行. |
[10:23] | We were the Rhinos. | 我们曾像犀牛般. |
[10:25] | I was the mascot. | 我是福星. |
[10:27] | And what school was that? | 什么学校? |
[10:29] | Riverdale. | |
[10:33] | Never heard of it. | 没听过. |
[10:34] | Oh, but hey, did you guys hear? Someone stole the Neptune parrot. | 哦, 但是, 你们听说了吗? 有人偷了Neptune的鹦鹉. |
[10:38] | Parrot? And you thought rhino was weird? | 鹦鹉? 还说犀牛奇怪? |
[10:41] | Well, they’re the Pirates. | 行了, 他们是群海盗. |
[10:42] | So, you know, their mascot’s a parrot. It’s | 所以, 你明白, 他们的吉祥物是鹦鹉. 那是? |
[10:45] | yeah. | 没错. |
[10:47] | Whoever stole it is my hero. Neptune High sucks. | 不管是谁偷了它都是我的英雄 Neptune中学糟透了. |
[10:51] | Believe me. | 相信我. |
[10:52] | Oh, I do. | 哦, 我相信. |
[10:53] | We beat them every year. | 我们每年都打败他们. |
[10:56] | That was then, this is now. I tell you, that Fennel kid is amazing. | 那是过去, 现在是现在 我告诉你,那个叫Fennel的很了不得. |
[11:00] | He is? Really? | 是吗? 真的? |
[11:02] | We’re not gonna lose. I guarantee it. All right? | 我们不会输的. 我保证.行吗? |
[11:04] | We got something special up our sleeve for Neptune. | 我们对付Neptune有一套. |
[11:06] | Hey Richie! You’re not gonna believe this. They’ve got our goat! | 嘿 Richie! 你不会相信的. 他们拿走了我们羊! |
[11:09] | – What? – Neptune, man, the stole Billy! | – 什么t? – Neptune, 伙计, 他们偷走了Billy! |
[11:11] | It’s so on! | 太过分了! |
[11:12] | A day in the life of a human google. | 充满人际搜寻的一天. |
[11:15] | Always in search mode. | 一直在探察的状态. |
[11:16] | One moment tracking down the absurd, parrots and goats, | 全部是荒谬, 鹦鹉和山羊, |
[11:19] | metaphors for a school pride I don’t possess and an hour or two later, | 暗喻着学校的荣誉我不会在多用一个或两个小时, |
[11:23] | going after the appalling, the murderer of a teenage girl. | 用来被惊吓,因为一个女孩子的谋杀. |
[11:26] | Sheriff Lamb takes an annual marlin fishing expedition. | Lamb警长开始了年度的钓marlin鱼探险. |
[11:30] | I can’t let the opportunity go to waste. | 我不能浪费这机会. |
[11:33] | Just let me know if you need something else. | 让我知道你还需要什么. |
[11:38] | How’s my makeup? | 我的化妆怎么样? |
[11:41] | I wish you weren’t seeing me like this. | 我真希望你没看到我这个样子. |
[11:44] | You should have seen me last night. I was wearing blue eyeshadow. | 你真该昨晚见到我.我用了兰色眼影. |
[11:48] | We had an eighties dance at school. | 我们在学校开了个80年代舞会. |
[11:50] | Oh, that sounds fun. Was that fun? | 哦, 听起来不错. 是吗? |
[11:55] | Well, I guess things don’t just stop, do they. | 我想事情不会就这么停止的, 对吧. |
[11:59] | There’s still birthdays and dances | 总还会有生日和舞会 |
[12:03] | and Christmas. | 还有圣诞节. |
[12:04] | No, | 不, |
[12:06] | there’s really not. | 其实也不是. |
[12:08] | You remember that time you wanted to shave your hair like Cyndi Lauper? | 你还记得那时你曾想把头发剪成Cyndi Lauper那样的? |
[12:11] | I know about you and Jake Kane. | 我知道你和Jake Kane的事情. |
[12:14] | I wanna know what was between the two of you. | 我想知道你们俩之间发生了什么. |
[12:16] | Were you so adamant that dad not go after Jake for Lilly’s murder | 当爸爸不再为Lilly被谋杀而跟踪Jake时你是那么顽固 |
[12:19] | because you still had feelings for him? | 因为你对他仍有感觉? |
[12:21] | – Oh Veronica. – Tell me. | – 哦 Veronica. – 告诉我. |
[12:22] | Jake was innocent. | Jake是无辜的. |
[12:24] | – How do you know that? – I just know that. | – 你怎么知道? – 我就是知道. |
[12:26] | Like in your heart because you love him? | 就像知道你依然爱他? |
[12:29] | No. Because I was with him at the time of the murder. | 不. 因为谋杀案发生时我和他在一起. |
[12:32] | We were in a hotel room at the Neptune Grand. | 我们在Neptune酒店的房间里. |
[12:42] | Just so you know, in my mind that daydream was about me. | 就想你知道的, 我的白日梦里总有你. |
[12:46] | Oh yeah? | 是吗? |
[12:48] | I was a little surprised you had me in full armour but, whatever. | 真有点吃惊这副外表下居然会这样,管它呢. |
[12:53] | So what can I do for you? | 那么我能为你做什么? |
[12:55] | Ah, I need a favour. | 啊, 帮个忙. |
[12:58] | A big one. | 帮个大忙. |
[13:04] | Please say you need me to take care of a parking ticket for you. | 请告诉我你需要我给你留意停车票. |
[13:08] | I need you to get me the interrogation tapes from Lilly’s murder investigation. | 我要你帮我拿到关于Lilly被谋杀的审讯调查. |
[13:16] | You got a weird call yesterday. | 你今天有个奇怪的电话. |
[13:20] | The bank wanted to let you know you were overdrawn. | 银行告诉你你已透支了. |
[13:24] | I thought you were squirreling away all that college money. | 我以为你已经为大学学费做好预备了. |
[13:26] | Must be a mistake. | 一定是搞错了. |
[13:28] | Forgot a decimal or something? | 忘了个小数或是什么吧? |
[13:30] | Or I blew it on dames and horses. | 哦 我有分寸. |
[13:32] | You’d tell me if there was a problem, right? | 如果有问题告诉我, 好吗? |
[13:35] | I tell you everything. | 我什么都告诉你. |
[13:39] | Maybe not everything. | 也许不是所有事. |
[13:41] | There are some things you’re better off not knowing. | 有些事情你还是不知道的好. |
[13:47] | Guess you couldn’t tell Dad you were in a hotel with your ex. | 也许你不愿告诉爸爸你和你的前任男友在酒店. |
[13:50] | It wasn’t like that. | 不是你想的那样. |
[13:51] | I doesn’t matter what it was like, Mom. | 不管在那里发生了什么,妈妈. |
[13:54] | I just went there to talk to him. | 我只是到那里和他说话. |
[13:55] | On the one day all the Starbucks were closed. | 而那天所有星巴克都关门了? |
[13:57] | Well, it had to be in private. | 那,有点私人. |
[14:00] | Everything’s just not so easy to explain, Veronica. | 很多事情不是那么容易去解释的, Veronica. |
[14:03] | Could you just try? | 那你就不能试试? |
[14:05] | Do you think maybe I could have some real, actual answers? | 你不觉得也许可以给我个真实的具体的答案吗? |
[14:09] | You left us. | 你离开了我们. |
[14:14] | Well, a few days before, | 那几天前, |
[14:18] | I was in your room putting up the laundry. | 我在你房间整理要洗的衣服. |
[14:21] | Your phone rang, the machine got it. | 你的电话响了, 答录机开始工作. |
[14:23] | I heard Celeste’s voice. | 我听到Celeste的声音 |
[14:25] | Celeste Kane was leaving me a message? | Celeste Kane 给我留言? |
[14:27] | She said she had important information involving me and her husband. | 她说她有关于我和她丈夫的重要信息. |
[14:33] | Things she thought you ought to know. | 一些你该知道的事情. |
[14:35] | She didn’t want you seeing Duncan. | 她不希望你再和Duncan在一起了. |
[14:38] | So I called Jake, I met him at the Neptune Grand and I told him to tell his wife to back off. | 所以我打电话给Jake 在Neptune酒店和他见面并告诉了他他妻子的背叛. |
[14:45] | I was protecting you. | 我是要保护你. |
[14:52] | Uncool, Zeke, uncool. | 太逊了, Zeke,太逊了. |
[14:53] | It’s not like that. See, now, no matter what, after the game, I’m gonna be happy. | 不是那样的. 看, 现在, 无论如何 在比赛后,我会高兴的. |
[14:57] | – What’s wrong, guys? – Well hey, Betty. | -怎么了, 伙计们? – 嘿, Betty. |
[15:00] | I just learned that Zeke here bet $200 on Neptune. | 我刚听说Zeke在Neptune身上押了200美圆. |
[15:03] | Richie! They’re 14/6, we’re 6/14. I mean, there’s no line. I’d be crazy to pass this up. | Richie! 他们的赔率是14/6, 我们是 6/14. 我是说, 这没关系. 我会因为放弃这机会而疯狂的. |
[15:07] | They were favoured last year and we beat them. | 他们去年也被看好,可我们赢了他们. |
[15:09] | Okay, all I’m saying, is I’m not the only one. There’s a bookie that set up camp at Rest Stop 15 | 好吧, 我只是说, 我不是唯一的 有个代理人在Rest Stop 15下注 |
[15:14] | and from what I hear, everyone from Neptune and everyone here | 我还听说, 所有Neptune和这里的人 |
[15:16] | are gonna go out there and put money on Neptune. | 都会把钱押在Neptune身上. |
[15:18] | What’s Rest Stop 15? | 什么是Rest Stop 15? |
[15:22] | It’s halfway between here and Neptune. | 是我们到Neptune的一半路程. |
[15:24] | It’s like a cross between Inspiration Point and Tijuana. | 就像是Inspiration Point和Tijuana之间的十字路. |
[15:26] | It overlooks the ocean, people go there to park. | 那里可俯瞰海洋, 人们到那去休息. |
[15:29] | Plus guys sell stuff out of their trunks. You can get your hands on anything – | 还有人在车上摆摊子. 你可以碰任何东西- |
[15:31] | beer, weed, porn, car stereos. That’s what I’m told. | 啤酒, 杂草, A片, 汽车音响. 所有我说的. |
[15:41] | What is that all about? Why is everyone clapping for Wilson Stablers? | 为了什么呢? 为什么人人都为Wilson Stablers鼓掌? |
[15:45] | Dude, he’s the one that stole the parrot. | 伙计, 就是他偷了鹦鹉. |
[15:47] | He’s showing everybody this picture he has saved on his phone with himself and the parrot. | 他所有人看他手机里他和鹦鹉在一起的照片. |
[15:50] | I’m gonna go shake that man’s hand. See, Zeke. That’s Pan pride. | 我要过去摇这家伙的脑袋. 看, Zeke. 那才是Pan的骄傲. |
[16:00] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[16:01] | Is this a big drop off point? | 从车上落下那么个大家伙? |
[16:06] | “To Pan High cafeteria. | “给Pan高中咖啡厅. |
[16:08] | Bon appetit. | |
[16:09] | Love Neptune.” | 爱你的 Neptune.” |
[16:19] | They butchered Billy. | 他们杀了Billy. |
[16:27] | Wilson! | |
[16:29] | Hello? | 你好? |
[16:31] | I hear you’re the guy to see about seeing a parrot. | 我听说你是那个拿走鹦鹉的人. |
[16:34] | Man. Word really gets around, doesn’t it? | 伙计. 话可传的真快, 是吗? |
[16:38] | You’re the new girl, right? | 你是新来的, 是吗? |
[16:40] | Word does get around. | 这话传的的确快. |
[16:43] | You wa-you want to see the parrot, huh? | 你,恩,你想看鹦鹉吗, 啊? |
[16:44] | I do. | 好啊. |
[16:45] | I just think that’s so cool that anyone would do that. | 我刚想这太酷了人人都想做. |
[16:48] | I mean that takes a real man, you know? | 我是说这太难了, 你明白? |
[16:52] | Yeah. | 对. |
[16:57] | How’d you get your hands on it? | 你怎么弄到手的? |
[16:58] | I just walked into the school, like I was a student there | 我只是走进那学校, 就像是那的一个学生. |
[17:01] | and nobody even asked me anything. | 甚至都没人问我话. |
[17:04] | That’s so brave. | 那太勇敢了. |
[17:07] | Can’t believe that worked. | 真不相信那会成功 |
[17:09] | Wilson? | |
[17:11] | Yeah? | 什么? |
[17:12] | I hope this doesn’t seem forward but | 我希望这不会太唐突但? |
[17:14] | I was planning on heading over to Rest Stop 15 later, | 我想等会去Rest Stop 15 , |
[17:17] | you know, to check it out. | 你知道, 去转转. |
[17:18] | I was wondering if you’d be my tour guide. | 我在想你能当我的向导吗. |
[17:21] | Show me around? | 带我在那周围转转? |
[17:24] | Meet me up there? | 在那碰面? |
[17:26] | Four o’clock. Don’t be late. | 4点. 别晚了. |
[17:55] | Bingo, Betty. | 太棒了, Betty. |
[18:00] | Hey it’s me. | 嘿,是我. |
[18:02] | No, it’s not my phone. | 不, 不是我的电话. |
[18:03] | Listen, I’m sending you a picture. | 听着, 我发给你张照片. |
[18:05] | You wish. | 你想的美. |
[18:07] | What are you doing later? | 你等会干吗? |
[18:09] | Ever hear of Rest Stop 15? | 听说过Rest Stop 15? |
[18:13] | Why doesn’t that surprise me. | 那怎么会让我吃惊. |
[18:37] | Hey there, buddy. | 嘿, 伙计. |
[18:39] | Looking for love in all the wrong places? | 在这个错误的地方找爱人? |
[18:41] | Who, me? I’m a no one. | 谁, 我? 我谁都不是. |
[18:44] | Where’s the bird, Wilson? | 那鸟在哪, Wilson? |
[18:46] | I’m nearly bursting with Pirate pride here. | 我快为这吉祥物发狂了. |
[18:48] | Weevil wanna punch a cracker. | Weevil想打个孔. |
[18:50] | What bird? | 什么鸟? |
[18:52] | You want to think about that answer, man? | 你想为这答案再想想吗, 伙计? |
[18:54] | All right. Look, I know what you’re talking about | 好吧. 听着, 我知道你在说什么 |
[18:56] | but I didn’t take the parrot, I swear to god. | 可我没拿走鹦鹉, 我发誓. |
[18:58] | Someone’s going to H-E-double hockeysticks. | 有人发了照片. |
[19:01] | That’s not Neptune’s mascot in the photo. | 那照片里的不是Neptune的福星. |
[19:04] | It’s from a pet store, okay. | 那是一家宠物商店里的, 行了吧. |
[19:06] | I heard that somebody took the mascot. | 我听说有人拿走了吉祥物. |
[19:08] | Everybody was making such a big deal out of it. | 人人都为这事下了大赌注. |
[19:12] | Look, they all thought it was so cool. | 看, 人人都觉得那很酷. |
[19:13] | Wait a minute. You went to a pet store and took a picture of yourself | 等等. 你去了家宠物店给你自己和鹦鹉 |
[19:16] | with a parrot so people would think you were cool? | 拍了张照片好让别人觉得你很酷? |
[19:19] | Yeah. All right? | 对. 行吗? |
[19:22] | That’s this close to taking a hot cousin to your prom. | 就差一点就给你来一拳. |
[19:25] | Go home. | 回家去. |
[19:27] | Get out of here. | 离开这儿. |
[19:34] | No more favours for you. Now I gotta feel bad for this kid. | 再不帮你忙了. 我真为这孩子难过. |
[19:38] | If it’s any consolation, I hate myself. | 如果能有点安慰, 我恨我自己. |
[19:43] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[19:44] | Are you the guy? | 你是那家伙吗? |
[19:45] | Probably. | 也许吧. |
[19:48] | Hey, can you put me down for a hundred on Neptune? | 嘿, 你能给我在Neptune上押100吗? |
[19:53] | Hey, Betty. | 嘿, Betty. |
[19:57] | Why don’t you excuse us Betty. | 你能离开会吗? Betty. |
[20:00] | We’re doing some business here. | 我们有生意要做. |
[20:03] | Lucky for me I have business of my own to attend to. | 幸运的是我自己也有生意做. |
[20:07] | Family business. | 家庭生意. |
[20:09] | When Dad lost his job as sheriff, he announced to my mom and me that we were going | 当爸爸失去了警长的工作后, 他对我和我妈说的 |
[20:12] | to stay in Neptune and he would try to make his living as a private investigator. | 要呆在Neptune并试着以私人侦探的身份赚钱 |
[20:16] | That was the last straw for Mom. | 那是妈妈最后的救命稻草. |
[20:20] | Honey, I’m not feeling too great. | 亲爱的, 我感觉不好. |
[20:25] | You should have something to eat. | 你该吃点东西. |
[20:27] | That’s not gonna do it. | 没用的. |
[20:29] | – I just need a little sip of something. – No. | – 我只要喝点东西. – 不. |
[20:32] | Honey, my head is pounding. It’s like tangled and- | 亲爱的, 我的头很疼. 就像是缠着什么- |
[20:36] | I don’t want you to, Mom. I want you to keep talking to me. | 我不想你去, 妈妈. 我要你和我说话. |
[20:39] | What did Jake say when you told him about Celeste’s call? | 你告诉Jake Celeste的电话后他说了什么? |
[20:41] | I don’t know, nothing but I’m just gonna get a beer. | 我不知道, 没什么,我要来杯啤酒. |
[20:46] | What happened with Jake? | 在Jake身上发生了什么? |
[20:48] | I don’t know, I just, I convinced him to make her back off. | 我不知道, 我只是, 说服他让她离开. |
[20:51] | – How did you convince him? – It’s very complicated Veronica, | – 你怎么说服的? – 那很复杂Veronica, |
[20:53] | I don’t know how to explain it to you or have it make any sense | 我不知道该怎么对你介绍或这又有什么意义? |
[20:55] | Just tell me the truth! How did you convince him? | 那就告诉我真相! 你是怎么说服他的? |
[20:57] | I told Jake that if Celeste tried to contact you again, | 我告诉Jake如果Celeste再试图和你联系, |
[21:00] | I’d have a paternity test done and take him for millions. | 我会让他做个亲子鉴定再从他那儿拿走100万. |
[21:04] | So you know, then? | 那么你知道, 是吗? |
[21:07] | Are you sure that test will prove that Jake’s my father? | 你敢肯定那能证明Jake是我父亲? |
[21:11] | No. | 不. |
[21:13] | Will it prove that Dad is? | 那能证明爸爸是? |
[21:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道. |
[21:31] | How’s that for inconspicuous? | 多不显眼啊? |
[21:34] | They don’t teach you this at the academy by the way. | 顺便说一句,他们在学校可不教你这个. |
[21:36] | That’s on me. | 我干的. |
[21:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[21:42] | Yeah. | 好. |
[21:43] | That’s not going to be good enough. | 那还不够好. |
[21:45] | I hate to bribe you but I’m fairly certain that aiding and abetting qualifies me for a dinner date. | 我讨厌要你的好处可我真的 很确定这忙足够你请我吃顿晚饭了. |
[21:51] | Actually, it qualifies you for dinner and a movie but you undershot, so | 事实上, 那足够一顿晚饭和一场电影了 可你那么突出, 所以? |
[21:56] | Damn. | 该死的. |
[21:58] | Hey, do you know anything about sports betting? | 嘿, 你知道关于体育打赌的事吗? |
[22:02] | A little. | 一点点. |
[22:03] | Why would a bookie take bets on a team to win straight up, | 为什么会有代理人赌一方完胜, |
[22:07] | no line, if one team is heavily favoured? | 没有分界, 是不是那一队真的很被看好? |
[22:10] | He wouldn’t. A bookie usually tries to find a line on a game in which half the money | 他不会. 代理人通常会划分一条线来下注 |
[22:14] | gets bet on one team and half the money gets bet on the other. | 用一些钱下这队的再用剩下的下另一队的. |
[22:17] | They make their money on commission. | 他们通常靠委托赚钱. |
[22:18] | If a bookie accepts bets that are all on one side of the line, | 如果他把钱全押在一队身上, |
[22:22] | he’s, well, he’s either going to make a killing or he’s gonna get killed. | 他应该, 他要么是要通杀要么是要给人杀了. |
[22:26] | Why would he risk it? | 他怎么会冒这险? |
[22:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道. |
[22:30] | Maybe he knows something that the people who are betting, don’t. | 也许他知道些其他下注的人不知道的事. |
[22:39] | Four years I’ve been going here and we’ve never beaten these guys. | 4年了我们在这从没赢过他们. |
[22:41] | This most definitely is our year. I’m telling ya. | 这次绝对是我们的机会.我告诉你. |
[22:43] | You gonna eat those? | 你要吃那个? |
[22:45] | I gotta go get a book out of my car. | 我要从车上拿本书下来. |
[22:47] | – Wallace! – Catch up with you guys later. | – 等会再找你们. |
[22:57] | Why are you following me? | 干吗跟着我? |
[22:58] | You say following, I say taking a walk with a friend. | 你说跟着, 我说是和个朋友一起散步. |
[23:02] | I’m just curious to know where you’re going with the apple, the potato chips and the raisins. | 我只是很好奇你要拿这苹果这薯片和这葡萄干去哪. |
[23:07] | Forgot about that third eye. | 忘了这第三只眼吧. |
[23:08] | So what’cha up to? | 那么你去哪? |
[23:09] | Trust me, you don’t want to know. | 相信我, 你不会想知道的. |
[23:11] | Oohh. I hate to know things. | 哦. 我讨厌了解事情. |
[23:13] | Please tell me that’s not filled with Polish hookers. | 请告诉那里不全是波兰鱼船. |
[23:33] | – Oh, man, what is with you? – You stole a goat? | – 哦, 伙计, 怎么了? – 你偷了头山羊? |
[23:36] | They stole our parrot. | 他们偷了我们的鹦鹉. |
[23:38] | Matter of principle. Unlike you, I have some school pride. | 原则来讲. 不像你,我还有学校荣誉感. |
[23:40] | And a goat crapping apples in the back of your buddy’s van. | 于是就让只山羊在汽车后厢吃苹果. |
[23:43] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你啊. |
[23:45] | Will you quit it? | 会说出去吗? |
[23:50] | Well, this is what high school is all about. | 好吧, 这就是高中生活. |
[23:53] | Having some fun, you know, messing around. | 玩的开心, 你明白, 搞的一团糟. |
[24:00] | This was Jack’s idea. | 这是Jack的主意. |
[24:02] | I don’t even know how I got stuck with the damn thing. | 我都不知道我是怎么被扯进这事情来的. |
[24:04] | I had it in the guest house and it ate everything, the rug, the sofa, my Air Jordans. | 我把它放在客房里可它什么都吃 地毯, 沙发, 我的乔丹气垫鞋. |
[24:09] | And he lived to tell the tale? | 养着它来说寓言? |
[24:11] | I don’t’ know what to do with it. It’s driving me crazy. | 我不知道要怎么弄它. 它快让我发疯了. |
[24:13] | Bad, kidnapped goat! | 这不好, 绑架山羊! |
[24:15] | That’s it? You’re not gonna offer me any help? | 是吗? 那你打算帮我吗? |
[24:20] | Looks like we’re going to have plenty of material for the “Letters to the editor” page. | 看起来我们对“写给主编的信”有足够题材. |
[24:24] | “Polly’s kidnapping is more than just a juvenile school prank. It is an act of terrorism.” | 绑架Polly可不光是什么校园恶作剧. 是恐怖主义! |
[24:28] | Wow. Polly wanna payback. | 喔. Polly 要回报. |
[24:30] | There’s about twenty more just like it. | 这有大概超过20份的 |
[24:32] | Bird’s got fans. | 鸟也有粉丝啊. |
[24:34] | And now for an opposing view. | 这有其他意见的. |
[24:36] | A little something for the uninformed masses. | 一点关于校服的. |
[24:39] | “Maybe the people who think that the person who took Polly is so awful should stop | “也许那些认为偷走Polly的人有多可怕的该停下来 |
[24:43] | and think about the person who ripped Polly from her natural habitat | 再想想那些把Polly从自然界带走 |
[24:46] | and forced her to live in a cage. | 还把它关笼子里的人吧. |
[24:48] | I only hope whoever took that beautiful bird had the decency to set her free. | 我只希望那人能有觉悟把它放归自然. |
[24:53] | And if Polly really loves them, she’ll fly back to them.” | 如果Polly真的爱他们, 它会飞会他们身边的.” |
[24:58] | I think she’s one of those SAAC girls. | 我想应该是那些SAAC姑娘中的一个. |
[25:00] | Yeah, that’s gonna need a little further explanation. | 对, 可那需要进一步解释. |
[25:03] | Uh, Students Against Animal Cruelty. | 哦, 学生对抗虐待动物. |
[25:05] | They threw the bucket of blood on the homecoming queen a couple of years ago for wearing fur. | 她们几年前在女王游行中曾为了 反对穿戴动物皮毛而泼上一整桶血。 |
[25:08] | Bucket of blood. Have we learned nothing from “Carrie”? | 一整桶血. 看起来我们对”Carrie”一无所知? |
[25:16] | Jake, you know I have to talk to you, it’s routine. | Jake, 你知道我必须和你谈谈, 例行公事而已. |
[25:19] | Well, I already told you, Keith. | 好吧, 我告诉过你, Keith. |
[25:21] | I was at the Neptune Grand with Celeste. | 我当时在Neptune酒店和Celeste在一起. |
[25:23] | What were you doing? | 你们在干吗? |
[25:27] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑. |
[25:31] | I was in a hotel room with my wife. What do you think I was doing? | 我在酒店房间里和我老婆在一起 你说我在干吗? |
[25:35] | Come on, you know what it’s like when you’ve got kids. | 得了, 你知道有了孩子后那会是什么样的. |
[25:38] | Privacy just goes out the window. | 毫无隐私可言. |
[25:41] | This is something that we do from time to time. | 这是我们长久以来一直在做的. |
[25:43] | So you’ve done this before? | 那么你们以前这么做过? |
[25:45] | Yes. | 对. |
[25:46] | So you have receipts, to verify that this is something you do. | 那你应该有收据, 来证实这些. |
[25:50] | I mean, this is insane. | 我是说, 这很疯狂. |
[25:51] | You should be out finding Lilly’s killer, not grilling me. | 你应该出去找杀了Lilly的凶手 而不是拷问我. |
[25:54] | Were you making love? | 你们在做爱? |
[25:56] | Private, don’t you think? | 那是隐私, 你不觉得吗? |
[25:57] | Under the circumstances, no. | 在这种状况下, 不. |
[26:02] | How long did you make love for? | 做了多久? |
[26:05] | I’m not answering that. | 这我不回答. |
[26:07] | You were in a hotel room for two and a half hours. | 你在那酒店房间呆了2个半小时. |
[26:08] | How much of that time was spent making love? | 对做爱来讲那可不短? |
[26:10] | Well, I don’t remember exactly. | 好吧, 我不记得了. |
[26:12] | It was a while. | 有那么一会儿吧. |
[26:14] | So what did you do when you first got into the room? | 那么你进房间后首先做了什么? |
[26:16] | I don’t’ know. | 我不知道. |
[26:17] | We settled in. | 我们进去. |
[26:18] | What does that mean? You took off your shoes, your tie | 什么意思? 你脱下了鞋子,领带? |
[26:21] | No, I put on the TV. | 不, 我看了会电视. |
[26:23] | What was on the TV? | 电视上正播什么? |
[26:27] | Why are you doing this Keith? | 我们做这个到底是为了什么Keith? |
[26:29] | I’m just asking questions. | 我只是问点问题. |
[26:31] | Not even hard ones. | 并不难的问题. |
[26:32] | We put on the TV for background noise so we could get right to it. | 我们打开电视弄点声音然后就开始. |
[26:35] | Okay? | 行吗? |
[26:38] | Now do you want a, uh, play-by-play? | 你想怎样,啊, 一个个来? |
[26:47] | It must be some good music. | 一定是很不错的音乐. |
[26:51] | I could’ve painted the living room, you wouldn’t have noticed. | 我能把客厅刷一遍, 你不会注意到的. |
[26:54] | I left my algebra book over here. | 我把我的代数书掉在那了. |
[26:57] | So, maybe you were right about the goat. | 那么, 你对付山羊有主意了. |
[27:08] | Wait a minute. | 等等. |
[27:10] | These are snickerdoodles. | 是这些饼干. |
[27:13] | You’re the one who’s been making my spirit boxes? | 是你给我做的那个装饼干的盒子? |
[27:15] | I used to be on pep squad, remember? | 我曾是助威团的, 还记得吗? |
[27:18] | But you think all this stuff is stupid. | 可你觉得这些东西都很蠢. |
[27:20] | You don’t. | 可你不. |
[27:23] | Hey, you wanna open your locker tomorrow and find an empty box? | 嘿, 你打算明天打开柜子看到个空盒子吗? |
[27:32] | Um-um-um, the girl can bake. | Um-um-um, 能烤饼的丫头. |
[27:35] | That she can. | 对,她能. |
[27:36] | Hey, are you picking your mom up from work today? | 嘿, 你今天接你妈妈下班吗? |
[27:40] | Yeah. | 对. |
[27:40] | Can you do me a weird favour without asking any questions? | 你能不能帮我个怪忙而不问任何问题? |
[27:44] | Isn’t that the bedrock upon which our friendship was founded? | 那关乎我们友谊的基石? |
[27:48] | When you’re at Kane Software, | 你到Kane软件公司时, |
[27:50] | go to Clarence Wiedman’s office. Put this on his assistant’s desk. | 去Clarence Wiedman的办公室. 把这个放他助手的桌子上. |
[27:54] | It’s from her secret admirer. | 是来自她的神秘仰慕者的. |
[27:57] | Um, um, should I wait for a tip? | 恩, 我是不是要等点小费? |
[28:03] | I don’t understand why you couldn’t talk to both of us at the same time. | 我不明白为什么你不能同时和我们两个说话. |
[28:07] | I’m sorry, Celeste, it’s department policy. | 我很抱歉, Celeste, 这是规矩. |
[28:16] | How long were you in the hotel? | 你在酒店呆了多久? |
[28:18] | Two and a half hours. | 2个半小时. |
[28:19] | That’s just what Jake said. | Jake就是这么说的. |
[28:22] | Well we were there together. | 我们那时候在一起. |
[28:25] | Can I get you some water or something? | 要给你杯水或什么吗? |
[28:27] | No, thank you. | 不, 谢谢. |
[28:29] | Celeste, it’s just routine. | Celeste, 这只不过例行公事. |
[28:30] | You don’t have to worry. | 你不需要担心. |
[28:32] | Just answer the questions. | 回答问题就行. |
[28:34] | If it’s routine, then just talk to Jake. | 如果是例行公事, 那就和Jake说就行了. |
[28:38] | I don’t understand why you have to talk to me. | 真不明白为什么你一定要和我谈. |
[28:41] | The two of you were together in the room the whole time? | 你们两个当时一直在一起? |
[28:43] | Yes. | 对. |
[28:44] | And what did you do when you got there? | 你们去了那儿后做了什么? |
[28:47] | We had some champagne. On the patio. | 我们喝了点香槟. 在阳台上. |
[28:49] | From room service. | 从客房服务那里. |
[28:52] | No, we brought it from home. | 不, 我们从家里带的. |
[28:54] | Do you usually bring your own champagne to the Neptune Grand. | 你经常把家里的香槟带去Neptune酒店? |
[28:56] | We don’t usually have to stay at the Neptune Grand. | 我们不是经常要去Neptune酒店的. |
[29:00] | Special occasion. | 特别的状况. |
[29:02] | Do you remember what was on TV that afternoon? | 你记得那天下午电视上播的什么吗? |
[29:04] | Trust me, Keith, we weren’t watching TV. | 相信我, Keith, 我们没在看电视. |
[29:12] | Grab your lip gloss and your pepper spray, sweetheart. Your date’s here. | 擦好你的唇彩还有粉底, 亲爱的. 你的约会对象来了. |
[29:22] | In my culture, Chinese food is always followed by gelato. | 在我们的文化里, 中餐总是伴着gelato. |
[29:25] | I don’t remember you brokering in a dessert stop. | 我不记得你点了什么甜点. |
[29:27] | Getting out of the car was a tacit agreement. | 从车里出来就是默认. |
[29:33] | Right this way. | 这边走. |
[29:36] | Breath mint, smooth. | 闻起来很新鲜, 很滑顺. |
[29:38] | That’s all I wanted. | 那正是我要的. |
[29:45] | Veronica? | |
[29:50] | Uh, hey. | 哦, 嘿. |
[29:53] | Look at you, you look gorgeous. | 看看你, 看上去多迷人啊. |
[29:58] | Hey, Leo. | 嘿, Leo. |
[30:01] | You know Duncan, right? | 你认识Duncan的,对吧? |
[30:02] | – No. – Yeah, uh, no. | – 不. – 对, 哦, 不. |
[30:04] | – Hey. – How ya doing? | – 嘿. – 你好吗? |
[30:08] | These are Duncan’s parents, Mr and Mrs Kane. | 这是Duncan的父母, Kane先生和太太. |
[30:12] | – How ya doing? – How’s it going? Hi. | – 你好吗? – 怎么样? 嗨. |
[30:16] | Hey, well, um, enjoy. | 嗨, 那么, 哦, 吃的愉快. |
[30:21] | Maybe we should find something a little cosier. | 也许我们该找个更舒服的地方. |
[30:24] | It’s fine. | 这儿不错. |
[30:25] | Good evening. | 晚上好. |
[30:29] | Are you sure this is okay? | 你确定没事吗? |
[30:33] | It’s perfect. | 很好. |
[30:35] | the day Lilly died, round the exact time, actually, | Lilly死那天, 在那段具体的时间里, 事实上, |
[30:39] | Jake and I were in that motel room. | Jake和我在旅馆房间里. |
[30:41] | Out of nowhere, Celeste bursts in. | 在那里,Celeste忽然闯进来. |
[30:45] | She’d been following Jake around. | 她一直跟着Jake. |
[30:48] | She’s screaming, saying these horrible things, | 她尖叫着,说着那些可怕的事情, |
[30:51] | I just got out of there. | 我刚从那里出来. |
[30:54] | You don’t see them again? | 没再见他们? |
[30:56] | No. | 不. |
[30:57] | Well actually, I went to the ladies room in the lobby | 事实上,我去了大厅的盥洗室 |
[31:00] | and when I came out, I saw Celeste storming out of the lobby. | 等我出来, 我看见Celeste狂怒着出去. |
[31:07] | You see anything you like? | 看到什么喜欢的了吗? |
[31:10] | Yes I do. | 对. |
[31:15] | Celeste told my father she was in the hotel with Jake for two hours. | Celeste告诉我父亲她和Jake在酒店里呆了2个半小时. |
[31:19] | The way my mother tells it, she was there for 20 minutes, tops. | 而我母亲说, 她在那里最多20分钟. |
[31:23] | So what if Celeste say my mom in the lobby? | 如果Celeste说我妈妈在大厅会怎样? |
[31:26] | What better way to control my mother than have Clarence Wiedman | 是什么比用Clarence Wiedman拍下我的照片 |
[31:28] | take photos of me framed in a rifle-sight. | 来控制我妈妈更好呢. |
[31:31] | Maybe it wasn’t a paternity issue. | 也许这不关乎亲子关系的事. |
[31:33] | Maybe it was an alibi issue. | 也许那只是托词. |
[31:35] | Maybe it was both. | 或者两者都是. |
[31:37] | not knows that there are still thirteen seats left on the Big Bear ski bus | 要知道现在大熊滑雪车上还有13个座位 |
[31:40] | for the weekend of the 18th through the 20th. | 在18号到20号的周末. |
[31:43] | And on a more serious note, the SACs are coming up | 更要紧的是, SACs来了? |
[31:47] | I don’t want to hear about your protein deficiency, Marsha. | 我不想再听到你的蛋白质缺乏, Marsha. |
[31:51] | You eat eggs, you might as well eat baby. | 你要吃蛋, 最好还加个孩子. |
[31:53] | Arriana? | |
[31:54] | Hi. I just wanted to let you know, I really liked your letter. | 嗨. 我就想你知道, 我很喜欢你的信. |
[31:58] | Really? | 真的? |
[31:59] | Yeah, really. | 对, 真的. |
[32:05] | I’m sorry. I have a hard time believing that someone who let a cow die | 请原谅. 我很难相信有人会让头母牛死 |
[32:08] | so she could wear butch boots cares about a parrot. | 她可以穿着男式靴子来照顾鹦鹉. |
[32:12] | My boots aren’t butch. | 我的靴子不是男式的. |
[32:13] | But they are leather. | 可它们是皮制的. |
[32:15] | Let me cut to the chase. | 那我直说吧. |
[32:17] | Do you know anything about Polly? | 你知道关于Polly的事吗? |
[32:19] | Yeah. I know that she’s better off not being in a cage. | 知道. 我知道它最好别呆在笼子里. |
[32:22] | Is she better off scrounging for food when she’s used to having it provided for her? | 那就是最好它不再像以前那样有人 喂而是到处自己去觅食? |
[32:27] | – Come here. – Do it. Put it under there. | – 到这来. – 快来. 把它放这下面. |
[32:31] | It’s fake fur, you freaks. | 那是假的, 你们这些怪胎. |
[32:42] | Greetings from your masters at Pan High. | 来自Pan高中的你们的主宰的问候. |
[32:45] | If Wallace Fennel plays in tomorrow night’s game, Polly the parrot will die. | 如果Wallace Fennel在明晚的比赛中上场, 鹦鹉Polly就会死. |
[32:50] | We now return you to your regularly scheduled programme. | 现在还给你们你们的常规节目. |
[32:54] | by the Dance Committee and a school wide vote will choose the winner. | 舞蹈协会和学校里大规模的投票会决定胜者. |
[33:04] | How’s our feathered friend? | 我们的羽毛朋友怎么样了? |
[33:06] | Excuse me? | 请原谅? |
[33:07] | You took the parrot, didn’t you? | 你拿走了鹦鹉, 是吗? |
[33:09] | You’re taking even money bets on a team everyone thinks will win. | 你甚至把钱押在人人都认为会赢的队上. |
[33:12] | Why would you do that unless you knew that Wallace, our best player, wouldn’t play? | 你为什么会那么做,除非你知道Wallace, 我们最好的球员, 不会上场? |
[33:18] | You know, I always knew you had a thing for me but | 你知道, 我一直认为你从我身上要样东西 |
[33:22] | I never thought you wanted me for my brain. | 可从没想过会是我的头脑. |
[33:24] | I’m gagging on the inside. | 我看中内在的. |
[33:27] | Come on, Veronica. | 得了, Veronica. |
[33:28] | Do I look that smart? | 我看上去有那么聪明吗? |
[33:30] | I’m just a simple bookie. | 我不过是个代理人. |
[33:32] | I got both sides of the line covered. | 我两边都顾及了. |
[33:34] | And ask yourself this. | 问问你自己. |
[33:36] | Why would I help you find the parrot if stealing the parrot was my secret plan, huh? | 我为什么会帮你找鹦鹉如果偷鹦鹉 是我的计划,啊? |
[33:55] | This just sucks. | 这太糟了. |
[33:58] | I have to say, it really does. | 我必须说, 的确如此. |
[34:01] | Coach called me into his office and said I should play. | 教练叫我去办公室告诉我我应该上场. |
[34:04] | All the guys want me to play. | 所有人都希望我比赛. |
[34:08] | But my playing isn’t really a big deal. Jack’s good. | 但我打不打不是什么了不起的事. Jack也打的很好. |
[34:11] | He was a starter last year. | 去年是他开球的. |
[34:14] | What do you want to do? | 你打算怎么做? |
[34:16] | You know I want to play. | 你知道我想上场. |
[34:18] | But on the other hand, it ain’t worth Polly’s life. | 但另一方面, 那比不上Polly的生命. |
[34:24] | I can’t do it. I can’t play. | 我不能那么做. 我不能上场. |
[34:28] | Would it cheer you up if I brought back the goat? | 如果我把山羊带回来你会高兴起来吗? |
[34:32] | Yeah, it would. | 对, 我会的. |
[34:38] | I need your help with something. | 我要你帮点忙. |
[34:40] | Hey. Um, sure. | 嘿. 哦, 好吧. |
[34:43] | Whatever you need. | 无论你要什么. |
[34:44] | How was your broadcast interrupted? | 你的播报被打断是怎么回事? |
[34:46] | I don’t know. | 我不知道. |
[34:47] | When there’s no breaking news, we record the show the night before. | 当没有什么重大新闻时, 我们通常前一天晚上录好. |
[34:50] | So, someone had to get in and cut in the Polly announcement before it aired this morning? | 那么, 有人进来在早晨的播放之前 加进去了关于Polly的那段宣言? |
[34:55] | They must have. | 一定是. |
[34:57] | Wow. | 哦. |
[34:59] | We actually kinda just had a conversation. | 我们终于有了谈话. |
[35:03] | See, that’s what you do now. | 看,这就是你做的 |
[35:08] | You take that deep breath like you’re preparing for battle or something. | 来个深呼吸好象是要准备场战斗. |
[35:11] | I was just breathing. | 我只是呼吸. |
[35:12] | I want everything to be okay between us. | 我希望我们之间没事. |
[35:17] | It is. | 的确没事. |
[35:18] | We just- we run in different circles. | 我们只是- 我们生活在不同的世界里. |
[35:21] | It doesn’t have to be like that. | 并不一定要这样的 |
[35:23] | It does. | 的确. |
[35:25] | I’m not programmed to forgive and forget, | 我并不想要去原谅或忘却, |
[35:28] | I can’t just start chumming around with people who’ve ignored and mocked me for a year. | 我做不到和那些忽视嘲笑了我一年的人交朋友. |
[35:32] | That’s just not me. | 我做不到. |
[35:34] | Well, maybe we can have our own circle without them. | 好吧, 也许我们能生活在自己的世界里不再那样. |
[35:39] | Maybe. | 也许吧. |
[35:43] | Well, whoever they are, they’ve done a stellar job at concealing their identity. | 好吧, 不管是谁, 他们完成了这工作还让人认不出是谁. |
[35:47] | Jacket, mask, gloves. | 夹克, 面具, 手套. |
[35:50] | No visible “Hello, my name is” sticker. | 没看到说什么 “你好, 我叫…” 之类的. |
[35:54] | Hey, maybe there’s something on the floor? | 嘿, 也许地板上能看到点什么? |
[35:57] | It’s really shiny, maybe there’s a reflection. | 那儿很亮, 也许能映出什么. |
[36:01] | Wait a sec, what’s that? | 等等, 那是什么? |
[36:02] | What? | 什么? |
[36:04] | On the sneaker. | 鞋子上的. |
[36:07] | I think it’s just dirt. | 我看到的只是有点脏. |
[36:10] | Or maybe not. | 或者不是. |
[36:14] | I need a basketball programme. | 我要场篮球赛录象. |
[36:24] | Good job, Betty. | 干的好, Betty. |
[36:26] | Who is this Betty? | 这是什么Betty? |
[36:29] | Beats me. | 打我下. |
[36:30] | There’s Polly and bonus mascot. | 这是Polly以及附加的福星. |
[36:32] | And those are some photos for Coach. | 这些是给教练的照片. |
[36:34] | Who had Polly? | 谁拿了Polly? |
[36:37] | Give me one sec, okay? | 等我会, 好吗? |
[36:39] | Betty, you made it. | Betty, 你成功了. |
[36:42] | Richie, you are a really great guy | Richie, 你真是个好人 |
[36:45] | and if the popular kids at this school were half as nice as you are, | 如果这里的红人有你的一半好, |
[36:48] | I’d wanna be popular. | 我也想红. |
[36:50] | I know that sounds weird but it’s a huge compliment. | 我知道这听起来很古怪可这是很大的恭维. |
[36:54] | So good luck tonight. | 那么,祝你今晚好运. |
[36:56] | You’re gonna need it. | 你会需要它的. |
[36:57] | Wallace Fennel has a killer crossover. | Wallace Fennel 有过人的穿越. |
[37:00] | But it’s really his sweetness | 但正是他的善良 |
[37:04] | and purity of spirit that makes him unbeatable. | 淳朴和精神让他不可站胜. |
[37:11] | What did she just say to you? | 她刚刚跟你说了什么? |
[37:14] | Beats the hell out of me. | 好好打. |
[37:20] | You better warm up, Fennel. | 你该热身了, Fennel. |
[37:22] | You got Polly back? | 你把Polly拿回来了? |
[37:24] | I kinda rock. | 我快疯狂了. |
[37:27] | I know what you’re thinking Jack. Aarrgh. | 我知道你在想什么,Jack. 啊. |
[37:30] | Whoever made that death threat video forgot to cover up the number thirteen on his sneakers. | 拍那段威胁录象的人忘了 把他鞋上的号码13遮住了. |
[37:37] | Now there are two thirteens suiting up tonight. | 现在这有两个13号. |
[37:39] | Your Pan counterpart believes that a kid named Wilson stole the parrot. | 你在Pan中学的的对手认为是 一个叫Wilson的偷了鹦鹉. |
[37:43] | Why would I steal our own parrot. | 我干吗要偷我们自己的鹦鹉. |
[37:45] | That’s easy. | 很简单. |
[37:46] | With Wallace sitting out, you’ll go back to being a starter. | 因为Wallace出场了,你就得做替补. |
[37:49] | As point guard, you can control the score of the game. | 作为得分后卫, 你能控制比赛的分数. |
[37:52] | You know, like you did last year when you missed those two free throws in the final minute. | 你知道, 就像你去年错失了两次在最后阶段的投篮. |
[37:56] | How much money did you make betting against your own team last year? | 你去年为自己的球队押了多少钱? |
[37:59] | You went in my room? | 你进过我房间? |
[38:01] | I mean isn’t that like breaking and entering or something? | 我指你破门而入还是什么? |
[38:02] | I told your mom I was a cheerleader and we needed Polly for the game tonight. | 我告诉你妈妈我是啦啦对长,我们今晚比赛需要Polly . |
[38:06] | – She let me in. – She’s crazy man. | – 她让我进去的. – 她疯了,伙计. |
[38:09] | Picture of the Pirate Pride trophy next to the parrot, Jack. | 照片上鹦鹉旁边有奖杯, Jack. |
[38:11] | You’re the guy covering all of Weevil’s bets. | 你就是那个全押在Weevil的注上的. |
[38:13] | There must be thousands of dollars bet on this game. | 肯定为这场比赛押了几千. |
[38:17] | You’re pretty screwed here, Jack. | 你把这儿搞一团糟, Jack. |
[38:20] | Come with me, young man. | 过来, 年轻人. |
[38:22] | Wallace, man. | Wallace, 伙计. |
[38:27] | Okay, Wallace, you’re in. | 好吧, Wallace, 你上吧. |
[38:30] | Yes sir. | 好的. |
[38:32] | Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go! | 走吧, 走吧, 走吧! |
[38:37] | Go kick some ass, Air Fennel. | 去踢他们屁股, 气垫Fennel. |
[38:41] | Ah, the big game. Another high school high that makes me want to eat rocks. | 啊, 重要的比赛. 另一所高中兴奋的让我想咬石头. |
[38:45] | Being surrounded by screaming, foam-fingered spirit freaks | 被那些恨我的人听起来很可怕地 |
[38:49] | who hate me hardly sounds thrilling | 尖叫包围着, 被指得疯狂 |
[38:51] | but for Wallace, this is his shining moment. | 但是为了Wallace,这是他的舞台. |
[38:54] | So what’s it gonna be girlie girl? | 那么接下去会怎么样呢,姑娘? |
[39:05] | I’ve saved nearly every penny since I started working for Dad. | 自从我为爸爸工作以来几乎省下了每一分钱. |
[39:09] | I know I can’t count on college money from him and I know it kills him that he can’t offer. | 我知道我不能指望他. 我知道负担不起那钱简直会要他的命. |
[39:14] | It’s gone now. | 可现在没了. |
[39:16] | I had enough for four years at San Diego State, | 我有足够四年的钱给San Diego州立大学, |
[39:19] | a year at Stanford and a semester at the Sorbonne. | 一年的斯坦福以及一学期的梭尔邦大学. |
[39:22] | Lets hope it’s worth it. | 希望它值得 吧. |
[39:25] | We do insist that payment be made in full upfront. | 我们坚持提前付款. |
[39:34] | Wait. Wait. | 等. 等. |
[39:36] | This- I don’t need you to- This isn’t right, Veronica | 这- 我不需要你去- 这不对, Veronica |
[39:39] | I can figure this out. I can kick this on my own. | 我能解决的. 我能自己解决的. |
[39:42] | There is nothing twelve weeks in here can do that I can’t do myself. | 这里的12个星期什么都做不了我不能做我自己. |
[39:47] | I don’t want you to have to do this. | 我不希望你这么做 |
[39:48] | I want you to come home. | 我希望你回家. |
[39:52] | I miss you. | 我想念你. |
[39:56] | Okay. | 好吧. |
[39:59] | Okay. | 好吧. |
[40:02] | Okay. | 好吧. |
[40:17] | Dad, can you come in here for a minute? | 爸爸, 你能过来会儿吗? |
[40:24] | I really need to get you a bell so you can ring for me. | 我真觉得该给你个铃铛好让你叫我. |
[40:28] | Looks like Neptune beat the hell out of Pan last night. | 看上去Neptune昨晚大败Pan高中. |
[40:31] | Yeah. | 对. |
[40:33] | I want you to answer me something, honestly. | 我要你回答我些事情, 说实话. |
[40:35] | Sure, honey. | 好的, 宝贝. |
[40:37] | Don’t get mad and don’t blow me off, just answer me, please. | 不要发疯也别不理我, 回答我就行了, 求你了. |
[40:41] | Okay. | 好的. |
[40:43] | Why would a person agree to confess to a murder he didn’t commit? | 为什么会有人为自己没干过的谋杀认罪呢? |
[40:47] | Veronica. | |
[40:53] | Money, a lot of it. | 钱, 一大笔钱. |
[40:54] | But if you’re not around to spend that money, what does it matter? | 可如果你又不能用到那些钱, 又有什么用? |
[40:58] | Well, maybe there’s someone else. | 好吧, 也许还有别的什么人. |
[41:01] | Someone you care about that will be around after that person dies. | 那个让你死后还一直牵挂的人. |
[41:18] | Wait, Dad, you know what? | 等等, 爸爸, 你知道嘛? |
[41:20] | I think I know who’s collecting the money from Abel Koontz’s confession. | 我知道谁从Abel Koontz的招供中得益了. |
[41:25] | Now we’ll learn how well Wallace follows instructions | 现在我们能知道Wallace贯彻要求有多好了 |
[41:28] | if my special rubber tree plant was delivered to the desktop of my choice. | 看看我的特别橡皮树有否 被送到我指定的那个桌子. |
[41:34] | Lois. Get me Amelia DeLongpre. | Lois.帮我接Amelia DeLongpre. |
[41:36] | Yes, Mr Wiedman. | 好的,Wiedman先生. |
[41:39] | Let’s see what the connection is between Amelia DeLongpre and Abel Koontz. | 让我们瞧瞧Amelia DeLongpre 和Abel Koontz之间的关系. |
[41:43] | What do you know. In the entire internet universe, | 你怎么知道. 全部的因特网上, |
[41:46] | there’s only one document that pairs them. | 只有一条关于她的. |
[41:50] | “Stella Koontz died Sunday night after a long battle with cervical cancer. | “Stella Koontz于星期天晚上死于颈癌. |
[41:54] | She leaves behind son Abel Koontz of Neptune and granddaughter Amelia DeLongpre.” | 她留下了在Neptune的儿子Abel Koontz 以及孙女Amelia DeLongpre.” |
[42:02] | Abel Koontz has a daughter? | Abel Koontz有个女儿? |
[42:06] | Synchro: Amariss – www.forom.com – | 禁止任何商业用途否则后果自负 ————————– |