时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | in 1987, i was “people” magazine’s | 1987年 我被“人物”杂志评为 |
[00:04] | “sexiest man alive.” | “当代最性感的男星” |
[00:06] | i made a lot of money chasing people around | 我敞开衣裳拍摄追人的场面 |
[00:08] | with my shirt unbuttoned. | 就这样赚了很多钱 |
[00:10] | if i wanted to do a movie, the movie got made. | 当时只要是我想拍的电影 都能拍成 |
[00:16] | then i got older. | 后来我老了 |
[00:18] | i started getting cast as the father of superstar tweens | 我开始演那些年轻的超级新星的父辈角色 |
[00:21] | who have no idea who i am. | 而那些年轻人根本不认识我 |
[00:23] | it’s a new age. | 时代变了 |
[00:25] | they’re the ones who are getting movies made today. | 他们才是当代电影的主角 |
[00:27] | i’m just some old guy. | 我不过是个过气的老演员 |
[00:28] | enter lilly kane — | |
[00:30] | this young, beautiful girl who thought i hung the moon. | 这个年轻漂亮的女孩 把我视为她的明月 |
[00:34] | it’s a very powerful thing when someone sees you | 当你被看成你一直想成为的那种人的时候 |
[00:38] | as the person that you wish you were. | 这种感觉是多么美妙 |
[00:40] | even if that person is 16 and dating your son? | 即使那个人只有16岁 而且还是你儿子的女朋友? |
[00:45] | i didn’t claim that it was right. | 我没有说那是正确的 |
[00:47] | i said it was powerful. | 我只是说那感觉很美妙 |
[00:49] | mr. echolls, did you have sex with lilly kane? | Echolls先生 你和Lilly Kane发生性关系了吗? |
[00:54] | no, no… we fooled around a little, | 没有…我们的确调过情 |
[00:58] | for lack of a better term, | 可以这么说 |
[01:00] | but i never had intercourse with her. | 但我没有和她性交 |
[01:02] | and you ended the relationship | 你在她被杀的当天 |
[01:03] | on the day she was killed, correct? | 结束了和她的关系 是不是? |
[01:05] | yes. | 是的 |
[01:06] | can you tell us what happened? | 你能告诉我们发生了什么吗? |
[01:08] | lilly came to the house. | Lilly到我家来 |
[01:11] | she wanted attention, i guess. | 她想得到我的关注 我猜 |
[01:14] | i told her we had to stop. she stormed out. | 我告诉她我们必须终止这种关系 她生气地冲了出去 |
[01:18] | it wasn’t until after she’d left | 直到她离开后 我才发现 |
[01:19] | that i realized she had taken my oscar. | 她拿走了我的Oscar奖杯 |
[01:22] | so i went to her house to get it back. | 所以我去她家里 想要拿回小金人 |
[01:24] | and did she give it to you? | 她还给你了吗? |
[01:26] | no. she yelled a lot. she threw an ashtray at me. | 没有 她对我大喊大叫 还把一只烟灰缸扔向我 |
[01:29] | then her brother, duncan, came out. he was enraged. | 然后她的兄弟Duncan出现了 他显得很愤怒 |
[01:33] | he was screaming at her about me, | 为我的事和她大吵 |
[01:35] | i mean, as though i wasn’t even there. | 好像我不存在一样 |
[01:39] | ro i probably shouldn’t have left her with him, | 也许当时我就不该把她留下和他在一起 |
[01:41] | but i panicked. | 但我慌了神了 |
[01:44] | i mean, as crazy as he was acting, | 我的意思是 他当时表现得那么疯狂 |
[01:46] | i never would have imagined — | 但我绝不会想到他会– |
[01:48] | objection. | 反对 |
[01:49] | i’m sorry, your honor. | 抱歉 法官大人 |
[01:50] | so, after this argument, | 那么 那次争吵 |
[01:52] | that was the last time you saw lilly kane? | 是你最后见到Lilly Kane吗? |
[01:56] | it was the last time i saw her alive, yes. | 是我最后一次见到活着的她 没错 |
[02:01] | so, apparently, if you’re handsome and famous enough, | 那么 显然 如果你既英俊又有名 |
[02:03] | you can just lie under oath, and that’s cool. | 那你就能睁眼说瞎话了 那真是够酷 |
[02:05] | it’s all about the tapes now, honey. | 现在一切就在于那盘带子了 宝贝 |
[02:08] | that oscar trophy with duncan’s hair is gonna create doubt — | 那个带有duncan头发的小金人会引起怀疑– |
[02:10] | reasonable or otherwise. | 这是肯定的 |
[02:12] | but if they believe you and logan | 但只要他们相信你和Logan确实 |
[02:14] | saw aaron having sex with lilly, | 看到aaron和lilly发生性关系 |
[02:16] | they’ll convict him. | 他们会判他有罪的 |
[02:17] | hone mn you get youre to testify, | 你将要上庭做供 |
[02:20] | it’s important you keep yourself in check, okay? | 所以时刻保持自己头脑冷静很重要 知道吗? |
[02:23] | aaron’s lawyer is gonna use everything | aaron的律师 |
[02:25] | in his bag of tricks to rile you. | 将会竭尽所能把你激怒 |
[02:27] | but here’s the thing — i’m un-rile-able. | 但事实是–我是不会上当的 |
[02:30] | “easygoing veronica mars” — | |
[02:32] | that’s what the kids at school call me. | 学校里的人都是这么说我的 |
[02:34] | you sure you don’t want to go over your testimony | 你确定不需要再和律师们 |
[02:36] | with the lawyers again? | 核对下你的证词? |
[02:38] | you know what i want… more than anything in the world? | 你知道我想要…最想要的东西吗? |
[02:42] | i want to be there, in court, watching aaron | 我想在那里 在法庭上 看着aaron |
[02:45] | at the moment the jury reads the verdict. | 就在陪审团宣判的时候 |
[02:48] | i want to see that smirk wiped from his face. | 我想看那一脸假笑从他脸上消失 |
[02:51] | i want to see his expression at the exact moment | 我想看当他意识到自己永远失去自由时 |
[02:54] | he realizes he’ll never be a free man again. | 脸上的表情 |
[02:57] | “easygoing veronica mars,” huh? | “easygoing veronica mars,” 啊? |
[03:03] | you know how fat men are sometimes called “tiny”? | 你知道为什么胖子有时会被说成“小个子”吗? |
[03:10] | that’s for saving my life. | 谢谢你救了我的命 |
[03:12] | what do i have to do for pie? | 我做了什么能得到这馅饼? |
[03:14] | i’m kidding. | 开个玩笑 |
[03:16] | they’re great. thanks. | 很棒 谢谢 |
[03:19] | but i’m sure what i diha qualifies as lifesing. | 但我不确定那能算得上是救命行为 |
[03:23] | sure, it does. | 那当然是 |
[03:24] | well, thanks. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[03:27] | i kind of have to get back to — | 我觉得需要继续– |
[03:29] | so, you are mad. | 这么说 你生气 了 |
[03:31] | i knew that things were gonna be weird | 我知道那很奇怪 |
[03:33] | because of that stuff with our dads. | 因为我们父亲间发生的事 |
[03:36] | i’m not mad, gia. i’m just trying to study. | 我没生气 gia 我只是想学习 |
[03:38] | we should study for the health final together. | 我们该一起为health课的期终考奋战 |
[03:41] | you want to? tomorrow night, my house? | 你不这么认为吗? 明晚在我家如何? |
[03:43] | i’ll make flash cards. | 我会制作好知识卡的 |
[03:45] | fine. okay. tomorrow night. | 好的 明天晚上 |
[03:52] | where’d these come from? | 这些东西是哪来的? |
[03:53] | i saved someone’s life. can’t talk. studying. | 因为我救了某人的命 不说了 我要学习 |
[03:57] | well, not me, baby. i’m cruising through this week. | 我不用 宝贝 这周我能顺利通过 |
[04:00] | did he just call me “baby”? | 刚才是不是有人叫我”宝贝”来着? |
[04:02] | [ laughing ] mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[04:04] | i got my scholarship to hearst. my grades are fine. | 我得到了去hearst的奖学金 我的成绩不错 |
[04:06] | good to go. | 能去真好 |
[04:07] | do you want me to cry? because i’ll cry. | 你想让我哭吗? 我不过说说罢了 因为我真的会哭的 |
[04:09] | i have to ace — ace — all of my finals | 我必须在所有课程中都得优秀 |
[04:13] | and hope that angie dahl chokes on one of hers, | 并祈祷angie dahl能马失前蹄 |
[04:15] | and that still doesn’t guarantee me the kane scholarship. | 即使那样也不一定能得到kane奖学金 |
[04:18] | do you know how long i’ve wanted to go to stanford? | 你知道我想进stanford想了多久吗? |
[04:21] | since middle school. | 从中学开始? |
[04:22] | elementary, my dear wallace. | 小学 我亲爱的wallace |
[04:24] | do you have any idea how long i’ve waited to say that? | 你知道下面这句话我憋了多久吗? |
[04:28] | it | 真有趣 |
[04:30] | to go to stanford with angie ahl, | 你这么努力竟然是为了和angie dahl一起去stanford |
[04:35] | ni when said the girl who’s leaving will all this to go to france. | 还说她呢 你自己不是打算放弃一切去法国嘛 |
[04:39] | ah, do you see a plane ticket in my hand? | 你看到我手上有机票了吗? |
[04:44] | seriously. you might stay? | 说真的 你可能留下? |
[04:45] | with dad’s still in this mess… | 既然爸爸的情况还那么糟… |
[04:47] | could you guys tone down the adorable? | 你们能不能别这么肉麻? |
[04:49] | western civ. isn’t gonna learn itself. | 我在看的western civ.是不能无师自通的 |
[04:51] | i’m gonna need milk with those cupcakes. | 我需要找点牛奶来配这些纸托蛋糕 |
[04:53] | anyone want anything? | 你们要什么吗? |
[04:55] | uh, peace, with a side of quiet? | 啊 安静 行吗? |
[04:59] | she — | 她– |
[05:08] | veronica. | |
[05:11] | got a minute? | 有时间吗? |
[05:13] | not really. | 不算有 |
[05:19] | i need your help with something. | 我有点事要你帮忙 |
[05:21] | okay. this is a little weird for me, you know? | 好吧 我也觉得这有点奇怪 知道吗? |
[05:24] | is this gonna make me nauseous? | 会让我作呕吗? |
[05:26] | i need your help with, you know, algebra. | 我要你帮我学习代数 |
[05:29] | like, the math? | 你是说 数学? |
[05:32] | to pass this year, i need to get at least a “b” on the final. | 学年要合格 我至少得在期终考里得到B |
[05:35] | i don’t pass, i don’t graduate. | 如果我不合格 我就不能毕业 |
[05:37] | my grandmother wants to see me walk across that stage | 我祖母希望看到我上台领证书 |
[05:39] | at graduation. | 在毕业典礼上 |
[05:41] | and now, with her being sick and everything — | 现在 因为她病了和其他事– |
[05:44] | i wish i could help, but i can’t. | 我希望我能帮你 但我不能 |
[05:47] | i’m swamped with my own finals. | 我自己的期终考都忙不过来 |
[05:50] | yeah. | 哦 |
[05:51] | all right. | 好吧 |
[05:54] | sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:10] | look at this! you’re like animals! | 看看这里! 你们就像群动物! |
[06:18] | somebody’s got to clean this up, you know. | 总得有人来收拾这残局 |
[06:22] | but not me. that’s right. they fired me. | 但不是我 没错 他们解雇了我 |
[06:27] | i guess i’m good enough to drive | 我猜我足够能驾驶辆 |
[06:28] | an armored troop-transport truck through tikrit, | 装甲运输车穿过tikrit |
[06:31] | but not to polish the floors at neptune high! | 却不能在neptune高中打扫地面! |
[06:35] | hey, anybody want to cut out of here? | 嘿 有人想从这里解脱吗? |
[06:38] | i might try to jump snake canyon. | 我也许去跳snake峡谷 |
[06:40] | who wants to go for a ride? what, no one? | 谁想一起去? 怎么 没有吗? |
[06:43] | where’s my girl? huh? | 我的女朋友在哪? huh? |
[06:46] | g-g-g-gia! | |
[06:51] | hey. | 嘿 |
[06:53] | who are you calling? | 你打给谁? |
[06:55] | no one. | 没有 |
[06:57] | i said, “who are you calling?!” | 我问”你打给谁?!” |
[07:01] | don’t cry. | 别哭 |
[08:15] | thomas dohanic, or “lucky,” as he was known, | thomas dohanic 或者叫”lucky” |
[08:18] | was a very disturbed young man. | 是个非常麻烦的年轻人 |
[08:21] | i’ve learned from our sheriff’s department | 我从治安官那里知道 |
[08:23] | that he just completed a tour in iraq. | 他刚参加了iraq的一个游行 |
[08:26] | is it true the gun he had was filled with blanks? | 他的枪里都是空包弹 是不是真的? |
[08:28] | yes. that has been confirmed. | 是的 那已经确认了 |
[08:30] | he was arrested for stalking your family. | 他曾因跟踪你们家而被捕 |
[08:32] | what was your relationship with mr. dohanic? | 你和dohanic先生是什么关系? |
[08:35] | honestly, we didn’t really have one. | 事实上 我们没什么关系 |
[08:36] | he was a bat boy for the sharks back in his teens. | 他年轻时曾是sharks队的击球手 |
[08:39] | we had to let him go after some of the players | 我们不得不将他除名 因为其他选手 |
[08:41] | complained about his job performance. | 对他的表现不满意 |
[08:43] | why do you think he took the gun to school? | 你认为他为什么要带把枪来学校? |
[08:45] | was he looking for your daughter? | 他是在找你女儿吗? |
[08:47] | i don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:49] | i doubt we’ll ever be able to make sense | 我甚至觉得我们永远也不会搞清楚 |
[08:51] | out of the actions of such a troubled person. | 看看他 |
[08:53] | look at that. his eyes are turning brown. | 都应付不过来了 |
[08:56] | i’m thinking about getting you | 我在想是不是给你弄个 |
[08:59] | some sort of giant hamster ball | 巨型的仓鼠头罩 |
[09:02] | so you can roll everywhere in this protective sphere. | 那样你就可以戴着这个保护罩随意打滚 |
[09:05] | it would just draw attention to me. | 那只会让我引人注目 |
[09:07] | nobody likes a blonde in a hamster ball. | 没人会喜欢戴着仓鼠头罩的金发美女 |
[09:12] | so, i got into lucky’s apartment. | 我去了lucky的公寓 |
[09:15] | he sent a whole bunch of e-mails to woody, | 他给woody寄了很多邮件 |
[09:17] | all from different e-mail addresses. | 都是用不同的邮箱 |
[09:19] | what did they say? nothing. | 信里说了什么? 没什么 |
[09:21] | there were attachments. | 有些附件 |
[09:22] | lucky trashed the original files. | lucky已经删除了原始的信件 |
[09:25] | i’m hoping i’ll be able to get ahold of them at woody’s. | 我希望能在woody那里找到些线索 |
[09:27] | you really think woody | 你真的认为woody |
[09:29] | would keep threatening e-mails in his inbox? | 会把恐吓信件保存在邮箱里? |
[09:32] | the way e-mail works on your standard pop account, | 一个标准的pop帐户电子邮件是这样的 |
[09:35] | the e-mail remains on the server for a period of time — | 邮件会保存在服务器上一段时间– |
[09:37] | maybe a week, a month, longer. | 可能一周 一月 或者更长 |
[09:40] | and then when you log on to your e-mail application, | 然后当你登录邮件系统 |
[09:42] | the mail is pulled down. | 邮件就会被下载 |
[09:44] | if you don’t want people to see it, you delete it. | 如果你不想邮件被别人看到 就删掉它们 |
[09:47] | but the e-mail still exists on the server. | 但是服务器上的邮件仍然存在 |
[09:49] | so, all one has to do is find a seldom-used computer | 所以我们要做的就是找到一个不常使用的电脑 |
[09:52] | and hope that that computer | 希望这台电脑 |
[09:54] | hasn’t downloaded the incriminating e-mail yet. | 还没有下载过那些指控邮件 |
[09:57] | and woody must have six network computers | 而woody在他家里 |
[09:59] | in that house of his. | 起码有6台能上网的电脑 |
[10:00] | so if you have his password… | 所以如果你有他的登录密码… |
[10:03] | which i do. | 而我正好有 |
[10:04] | i looked over his shoulder once when he was signing on. | 一次他登录的时候我从他的背后看到的 |
[10:07] | he should know. you never log in with a mars nearby. | 他应该知道永远不要在一个mars眼皮底下登录 |
[10:10] | woody’s got a sharks dinner tomorrow night — | woody明晚要参加sharks的晚宴– |
[10:12] | a table reserved for the goodman family. | goodman一家人都会去 |
[10:14] | the coast should be clear. | 所以屋里不会有人 |
[10:15] | actually, it won’t be. | 事实上 不是那样的 |
[10:17] | gia is having her number-one study buddy over. | gia会和她的头号学习伙伴在那里 |
[10:20] | so… | 所以说… |
[10:23] | veronica. | |
[10:24] | why should you break in when i’m invited? | 既然我被邀请去那了 你又何必要去破门呢? |
[10:26] | woody will be at the dinner. | woody会去晚宴 |
[10:28] | and we both know… | 我们两个都知道… |
[10:31] | if it came down to it, i could take gia. | 如果事情不顺 我能搞定gia |
[10:36] | the password. | 密码 |
[10:38] | give it. | 给我 |
[10:40] | you’ll remember it. it’s “mr. goodwood.” | 你不会忘记的 是”mr. goodwood.” |
[10:44] | ugh. i’m so not touching his keyboard. | 哦 我真不想碰他的键盘 |
[10:48] | wallace literally sailed over the table. sailed. | wallace跳过那张桌子 没错 跳过 |
[10:51] | then he just slams into this guy, just like, “bam!” | 然后抱住那个人 “bam!” |
[10:54] | and tackles him to the ground. | 并把他按倒在地上 |
[10:56] | thank god he was there. | 感谢上帝 他在那里 |
[10:58] | he was pretty freaked out after, but he’s doing okay now. | 之后他真吓傻了 不过现在没事了 |
[11:05] | what? | 什么? |
[11:07] | i’m the one who’s supposed to keep you safe. | 我该是那个保护你安全的人 |
[11:09] | i’m supposed to make your life easier, | 我该是让你生活更好的人 |
[11:11] | and i’ve — i’ve made it a circus. | 而我–感觉像个演马戏的 |
[11:14] | [ laughing ] okay, no more pain-killers for you. | 好了 没有更多止痛剂给你了 |
[11:17] | hey, you’re out of your mind. | 嘿 你疯了吗? |
[11:20] | my life is not a circus. | 我的人生可不是场马戏表演 |
[11:22] | no, it’s the best it’s ever been. | 现在比任何时候都要好 |
[11:40] | hello, son. | 你好 儿子 |
[11:41] | if you would have given lilly | 如果你当时在lilly面前的表演 |
[11:43] | the performance you gave today, | 像今天的一样好的话 |
[11:44] | she might have given you the oscar. | 她也许会还你小金人的 |
[11:46] | i wanted to talk to you before you testify. | 我想在你作证前和你谈谈 |
[11:49] | we know the d.a.’s gonna ask what you saw on those tapes. | 我们都知道地方法院检查官会问起你在带子上看到的 |
[11:53] | i think itthin in your | 我认为你不告诉他那些 |
[11:55] | that you don’t tell him. | 对你最好 |
[11:57] | because i want so desperately for you to be free | 因为我如此迫切地想让你自由 |
[12:00] | so we can be a family again? | 让我们一家团聚吗? |
[12:02] | logan, the moment that you say you saw those tapes, | logan 如果你说你看过那些带子 |
[12:04] | you will be admitting to destroying state’s evidence. | 你就必须承认毁坏重要证物 |
[12:07] | i’m gonna win this, son. | 而我注定会打赢这场官司 儿子 |
[12:10] | and there’s no sense in you being convicted of a felony. | 为此而让你成为重罪犯是毫无意义的 |
[12:12] | oh, gee, dad, you’re always looking out for me. | 哦 爸爸 你总是那么为我着想 |
[12:17] | thanks for the advice. | 谢谢你的忠告 |
[12:40] | hey, cassidy. who’s amber? | 嘿 cassidy. 谁是amber? |
[12:43] | i have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[12:45] | they keyed the wrong car? | 他们找错车了? |
[12:47] | how’s amber gonna know that she’s a bitch? | 那amber怎么知道她是个婊子呢? |
[12:50] | do you know how much this is gonna cost to fix, | 你知道修一下得花多少钱吗? |
[12:53] | not to mention how long it’s gonna take? | 更不用说要等的时间了 |
[12:55] | hey, veronica. | 嘿veronica. |
[12:57] | hey…you. | 嘿…你 |
[12:59] | hart. | |
[13:01] | i haven’t said a thing. | 我可没说什么 |
[13:04] | good for you. | 不错 |
[13:08] | beav. | |
[13:10] | i think i know someone who can help you. | 我想我知道谁能帮你 |
[13:13] | finals are so stupid. we already learned this stuff. | 期终考真是无聊 这些东西我们都学过了 |
[13:16] | why do we have to try and learn it all over again? | 为什么我们要重头再学一遍呢? |
[13:19] | you know what we should do? | 知道我们该干什么吗? |
[13:20] | take a break? | 休息一下? |
[13:22] | i was thinking more, take a practice test. | 我在想做个模拟测验什么的 |
[13:24] | the company that does the textbook has one online. | 我知道网上有测试 |
[13:29] | you’re really a good student, veronica. | 你真是个好学生veronica |
[13:31] | it’s kind of sweet. | 有你在真好 |
[13:33] | oh, my god. | 哦 我的天 |
[13:35] | it doesn’t look that bad. | 没那么糟吧 |
[13:36] | no, i’m on myspace, and i used to have a thousand friends, | 不 我在上myspace 以前我在上面有一千多个朋友 |
[13:40] | and suddenly, for some reason, now i only have 900-something. | 现在一下子 不知为什么 只剩下900多个了 |
[13:50] | oh, damn it. | 哦 该死 |
[13:53] | what? | 怎么了? |
[13:54] | my computer just crashed. | 我的电脑垮了 |
[13:56] | is there another computer i can use? | 这有其他我能用的电脑吗? |
[13:58] | we have, like, 80 computers. | 我们有大约80台电脑 |
[13:59] | there’s one in the guest room you could use. | 客房里有一台 你可以用 |
[14:03] | no more cyber-friends, gia. health test. | 不要再想网友了 gia health课的考试 |
[14:35] | “kill incorporation or else.” | “终止联盟否则” |
[14:39] | or else what? | 否则什么? |
[14:46] | man: we have to tell people | 男人: 我们要告诉其他人 |
[14:48] | what woody did to the three of us. | woody对我们三个人做的事 |
[14:50] | it’s gonna come out some day. | 终有一天事情会败露的 |
[14:52] | a couple of the sharks had to know about it. | sharks的人必须知道这事 |
[14:54] | they’ll come forward. | 早晚的事 |
[14:56] | things like this don’t stay secret. | 那样的事不可能保密 |
[14:57] | man #2: damn right. | 男人 #2: 对极了 |
[14:59] | woody’s a pervert. he’s sick. | woody是个变态 他有病 |
[15:01] | what he did to us is wrong. we were just kids. | 他对我们做的事是错的 我们还只是孩子 |
[15:10] | come on. | 快点 |
[15:21] | veronica. what are you doing in here? | veronica 你在这做什么? |
[15:28] | hey, mr. goodman. | 嘿 goodman先生 |
[15:30] | gia said i could use the computer. | gia说我可以用这台电脑 |
[15:33] | i was taking a practice test, and my laptop died. | 我正在做一份模拟测试 笔记本突然坏了 |
[15:37] | i hope you don’t mind. | 我希望你不介意 |
[15:39] | come on, veronica. | 没事 veronica |
[15:49] | so, how did it work out for you? | 那么 做的怎么样? |
[15:54] | sorry? | 什么? |
[15:55] | your practice test. | 模拟测试 |
[15:57] | are you as smart as you think you are? | 如你预期一样好吗? |
[15:59] | i hope so. | 我希望是 |
[16:02] | i-i should get back to gia. | 我…我该回gia那去了 |
[16:05] | mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[16:20] | gia? | |
[16:28] | where are you going? | 你去哪? |
[16:30] | i have study fuel. | 学习怎么能不吃点东西补充精力呢 |
[16:32] | i have to go. | 我要走了 |
[16:33] | i get these headache things, and i feel one coming. | 你知道我有头痛的毛病 我觉得它又要发作了 |
[16:37] | it’s the computer screen. | 是电脑屏幕吧 |
[16:40] | all that squinting — it can’t be good for you. | 一直斜视着–肯定对你不好 |
[16:43] | hmm, well, thanks. | 嗯 是啊 谢谢 |
[16:45] | i’ll see you tomorrow, gia. | 明天见 gia. 你听到背景里的声音了吗? |
[16:51] | do you hear those voices in the background? | |
[16:54] | are they speaking french? | 他们是不是在说法语? |
[16:56] | we have to tell people what woody did to the three of us. | 我们要告诉其他人 woody对我们三个人做的事 |
[16:59] | three of us. | 他说我们三个 |
[17:00] | a couple of the sharks had to know about it. | sharks的人必须知道这事 |
[17:02] | didn’t it just sound like two guys? | 但说话的却只有两个人? |
[17:06] | those gaps in the audio. | 对话间的空隙 |
[17:08] | i think another speaker was edited out of this recording. | 我认为另一个人的声音从对话中被截走了 |
[17:12] | “a couple of the sharks had to know about it.” | “sharks的人必须知道这事” |
[17:14] | lucky was a bat boy for the sharks. | lucky曾是sharks的击球手 |
[17:16] | and that’s when he met woody. | 他是在那时见到woody的 |
[17:17] | did lucky’s e-mail say anything about being molested? | lucky的邮件里有没有说到他被性骚扰? |
[17:20] | it’s hard to say. | 很难说 |
[17:21] | it’s a lot of stream-of-consciousness ranting | 一大堆意识流的咆哮 |
[17:24] | about war and the life of a soldier. | 关于战争和战士的生活 |
[17:27] | it’s hard to make sense of him. | 很难理解他说的东西 |
[17:29] | i’ll help you. | 我来帮你 |
[17:31] | i want you to go to bed. you have a big day tomorrow. | 我要你去上床休息 明天对你来说是个大日子 |
[17:36] | man: do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, | 男人: 你发誓 所作证供全部属实 |
[17:38] | and nothing but the truth, so help you god? | 并为事实之全部吗? |
[17:40] | i do. | 我发誓 |
[17:45] | miss mars, you find wealth and fame seductive, don’t you? | mars小姐 你迷恋财富和名望是不是? |
[17:50] | objection. | 反对 |
[17:51] | i’ll back up. | 我收回 |
[17:53] | your past two boyfriends, | 你的两位前任男友 |
[17:54] | duncan kane and the accused’s son, logan echolls, | duncan kane和被告的儿子logan echolls |
[17:56] | certainly fit that description, do they not? | 显然既有钱又有名不是么? |
[17:59] | they do. | 是的 |
[18:00] | and lilly kane was your best friend. | lilly kane是你最好的朋友? |
[18:03] | yes. | 是的 |
[18:04] | you looked up to her. | 你尊敬她 |
[18:06] | yes. | 是的 |
[18:07] | emulated her? | 模仿她? |
[18:08] | to a degree. | 一定程度上 |
[18:10] | is that why you propositioned mr. echolls | 因此你就怂恿echolls先生 |
[18:12] | upon discovering the tape of lilly and my client kissing? | 去看lilly和我当事人接吻的带子? |
[18:16] | you mean naked kissing with aaron on top gyrating? | 你是说一丝不挂地接吻 而且aaron还在她身上扭动? |
[18:20] | that tape? | 那盘带子? |
[18:21] | you found mr. echolls at the kane party, | 你看了带子 然后在kane家的聚会上找到echolls先生 |
[18:24] | and you told him that you’d give him back the tapes, | 你告诉他你会把带子还给他 |
[18:26] | but he had to earn them. | 但他必须付出些什么 |
[18:28] | what exactly did you mean by “earn”? | 你所谓的”付出”是什么意思? |
[18:30] | i never said that. i didn’t proposition mr. echolls. | 我没有说过那些 我也没有怂恿echolls先生 |
[18:34] | he hid in my backseat. | 是他藏身在我的后车座上 |
[18:36] | [ sighs ] | |
[18:38] | miss mars, you’re how old? | mars小姐 你几岁了? |
[18:42] | 18. | |
[18:44] | you’re currently completing treatment | 你目前正在接受一项 |
[18:46] | for a sexually transmitted disease? | sexually transmitted disease的治疗吧? |
[18:48] | objection. i’ll allow it. | 反对 反对无效 |
[18:54] | should i repeat the question? | 需要我重复问题吗? |
[18:56] | i’ve completed the treatment. | 我的治疗已经结束了 |
[19:07] | are you okay? | 你好吗? |
[19:10] | yeah. | 是的 |
[19:11] | i mean, you’re okay. | 我是说 你真的好吗? |
[19:15] | everything’s okay? | 一切都好? |
[19:18] | yeah, i’m fine. | 是的 我很好 |
[19:20] | okay. | 好吧 |
[19:26] | sheriff, judge ferris wants to see you a.s.a.p. | 治安官 ferris法官想尽快见你 |
[19:32] | you wanted to see me, judge? | 你要见我 法官? |
[19:34] | there’s been a development, sheriff. | 有进展 治安官 |
[19:36] | it seems mr. lobo was struck by a bolt of lightning. | 似乎lobo先生是被闪电耽误了 |
[19:38] | what, that he could cash | 什么 他能亲自兑现 |
[19:40] | old ladies’ social security checks himself | 他母亲的社会保障支票 |
[19:42] | and get rid of the slot machines? | 同时摆脱高利贷? |
[19:43] | i was with terrence cook at the time of the bus crash. | 公车失事那会儿我正和terrence cook在一起 |
[19:46] | there’s no way he could be responsible | 他没可能 |
[19:48] | for killing those kids. | 杀死那些孩子 |
[19:49] | are you sure you don’t want to take | 你确定对此证词不需要 |
[19:51] | another couple months to think it over? | 再经过深思熟虑了? |
[19:53] | my memory isn’t what it used to be. | 我的记忆的确不如以前了 |
[19:55] | but i was watching this nature program about sharks, | 但当时我看的自然节目正在介绍鲨鱼 |
[19:58] | and i thought, “sharks. | 我想 “sharks |
[20:00] | my friend terrence cook played for the sharks.” | 我朋友terrence cook就在sharks队打球” |
[20:02] | and i realized i haven’t seen him since… | 然后我意识到很久没见他了… |
[20:05] | well, that’s when i went and checked my appointment calendar | 就在那时我去查看我的日程安排 |
[20:08] | and saw it was the day of that terrible accident. | 发现那正是那次不幸事故发生的前一天 |
[20:11] | if mr. lobo takes the stand, the jury will find out | 如果lobo先生出庭作证 陪审团 |
[20:13] | about his…dealings. | 也许会因为他的那些交易… |
[20:15] | however, the jury might be more inclined | 但是 陪审团应该会相信 |
[20:17] | to believe either my corporate attorney | 我的法人律师 |
[20:20] | or my chief financial officer. | 和我的CFO |
[20:22] | they were also with mr. cook on the night in question. | 那天晚上 他们也和cook先生在一起 |
[20:29] | this is pointless. | 这毫无意义 |
[20:31] | [ sighs ] no, okay, look. | 好吧 听着 |
[20:33] | so, you know quadratic equations, right? | 那么 你知道二次方程 对吗? |
[20:35] | do i look like someone who knows quadratic equations? | 我看上去像知道二次方程的人吗? |
[20:37] | i’m just trying to see what you already know. | 我只是想了解你知道什么 好吗 |
[20:39] | zero. you want your car fixed? teach me. | 什么也不知道 你想修好你的车吗? 教我 |
[20:41] | okay. okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[20:43] | all right, what do you think that we should do first? | 好吧 我们该从哪开始? |
[20:46] | am i a 5-year-old girl? huh? | 我是个5岁小女孩吗? 啊? |
[20:49] | lay it out for me, dog. make me understand. | 解释给我听 小子 让我明白 |
[20:52] | okay, okay. | 好吧 |
[20:54] | okay, so, let’s say that you and your buddy | 好吧 不妨假设 你和你的同伴 |
[20:56] | want to buy a 12-pk of a certain item, | 要买12件某样东西 |
[20:59] | say, like, spark plugs for “x” dollars, | 比如 火花塞 用”x”元 |
[21:01] | and you want to find out how many of another item, | 你想知道如果买其他东西 |
[21:03] | like, i don’t know, oil, right, | 比如 我不知道 比如汽油吧 |
[21:06] | that you can get for the same amount, | 用同样多的钱 |
[21:08] | except oil is “y” times as much as — | 除了汽油比火花塞要贵上”y”倍– |
[21:11] | if this is your idea of terms i’ll understand, | 如果这就是你认为我能理解的解释的话 |
[21:14] | i’m going to kill you. | 那么我要杀了你 |
[21:17] | or myself. it’s a toss-up. | 或者自杀 投硬币决定 |
[21:20] | screw it, man. i’ll just cheat. | 算了 我还是作弊 |
[21:22] | no, but… what about my car? | 不 那样的话…我的车怎么办? |
[21:26] | you know power buffers, right? | 你知道动力缓冲是吧? |
[21:28] | let’s say your door panel is a summer home, | 不妨假设你有个夏日别墅 |
[21:30] | and you need to clear out the south lawn | 你要清理南草坪 |
[21:32] | to make a tennis court, so — | 以便搞个网球场 那么– |
[21:34] | f-o-i-l. that’s all it is. | |
[21:37] | first, outside, inside, last. | 先外后内 就是这样 |
[21:39] | all algebra — it’s just the formula. | 代数么–说到底就是方程式 |
[21:42] | now, can you teach me that? | 不错 你能那样教我吗? |
[21:44] | you’ll still fix his car? | 你还会帮他修车吗? |
[21:46] | that’s the deal. | 成交 |
[21:47] | okay, say you and your buddy buy a 12 pack of spark plugs. | OK 假设你和你的同伴要买12个火花塞 |
[21:52] | i’m just kidding. | 我开玩笑 |
[21:56] | here’s the quadratic equation. | 这是二次方程 |
[22:04] | hello? hello? i’m trying to reach rick pickett. | 喂喂? 我要找rick pickett. |
[22:10] | no, rick pickett. he’s a freshman. | 不是 是rick pickett. 他是新生 |
[22:14] | well, maybe you — | 好吧 也许你– |
[22:19] | [ sighs ] | |
[22:20] | veronica. | |
[22:22] | can you fly to new york, stop by n.y.u. real quick, | 你能不能快速飞往纽约拜访下纽约大学 |
[22:24] | find rick pickett, | 找到rick pickett, |
[22:26] | and see if he was one of the bat boys woody molested? | 确认下他是不是woody性骚扰的击球手之一? |
[22:28] | veronica: you know i don’t fly coach. | 你知道我从不坐经济舱 |
[22:33] | so, there were three other bat boys | 所以 在lucky为sharks打球的时候 |
[22:36] | the year lucky worked for the sharks. | 受害的还有另外三个男孩 |
[22:39] | two are away at college. | 两个在遥远的大学里 |
[22:41] | one is backpacking through europe. | 一个在欧洲徒步旅行 |
[22:43] | i’m not doing any better with lucky’s e-mails. | lucky的邮件这我也没什么进展 |
[22:45] | what, you can’t understand… | 什么 你不明白… |
[22:48] | “time is the timeliness of the present. | “时间是现在的时间 |
[22:50] | “you should respond. | “你该回应 |
[22:52] | “i’ve left you so many presents, | “我已给了你丰盛的礼物 |
[22:53] | “if you don’t find them, they’ll find you.” | “如果你找不到它们 它们会来找你” |
[22:55] | wait. | 等等 |
[22:57] | when i found lucky in the janitor’s closet with gia, | 当我在janitor’s closet里找到lucky和gia时 |
[22:59] | he was showing her a scar he got in iraq | 他正向她展示在iraq得到的一个伤疤 |
[23:01] | from a “present” left by the insurgents. | 是一场起义留下”礼物” |
[23:04] | he called roadside bombs “presents.” | 他称炸弹为 “礼物” |
[23:08] | oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[23:13] | woody, we need to talk. | woody 我们得谈谈 |
[23:14] | i’m a little busy today. | 我今天很忙 |
[23:16] | do want to have this conversation in private, | 你想这场对话在私人间进行 |
[23:18] | or shall i just start talking? | 还是要我现在就开始说? |
[23:26] | you need to call your family and get them out of the house. | 你必须打电话给你的家人让他们离开房子 |
[23:29] | then you need to call the bomb squad and comb the place. | 然后你要找拆弹小组 搜查整个地方 |
[23:32] | what are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[23:33] | the e-mails lucky sent you — | lucky寄给你的邮件– |
[23:34] | they reference “presents” he’s left for you. | 提到了他留给你的”礼物” |
[23:38] | he called bombs “presents.” | 他把炸弹称作”礼物” |
[23:39] | tommy is dead, keith. it’s over. | tommy死了 keith 已经结束了 |
[23:41] | wait, how did you… | 等等 你怎么… |
[23:44] | veronica. | |
[23:48] | most adults don’t have their children | 大多数成年人不会让 |
[23:50] | doing espionage work for them. | 子女为他们做间谍工作 |
[23:52] | most adults keep their hands off of other people’s children. | 大多数成年人也不会去碰别人的子女 |
[23:58] | you should leave, keith. | 你该走了 keith. |
[24:01] | i read lucky’s e-mails to you, woody. | 我读了lucky寄给你的邮件了 woody |
[24:03] | it’s clear to me this is more | 很显然 |
[24:05] | than simply a bat boy who resented getting fired. | 那不仅仅是一个被解雇的击球手的报复行为 |
[24:14] | i’ll put this plainly. | 我很明确地告诉你 |
[24:15] | you are mistaken. | 你错了 |
[24:19] | and if you share your theories, slander me, | 如果你公开你的这套理论 毁谤我的话 |
[24:21] | i’ll ruin you. | 我绝不会饶了你 |
[24:23] | i’ll ruin your family, | 我会毁了你的家庭 |
[24:25] | and you’ll remember the moment you walked through that door | 而你走出这扇门的时候 |
[24:27] | as the moment you threw your life away. | 也就意味着你已经把性命丢掉了 |
[24:30] | i’m not a 15-year-old boy, woody. | 我可不是个15岁的小孩 woody. |
[24:33] | you don’t scare me. | 你吓不了我的 行了 退后 |
[24:37] | all right. stand back. | |
[24:41] | it’s time to watch me work my culinary magic. | 是时候看看我的烹饪魔法了 |
[24:43] | don’t you want to put on a little frilly apron first? | 你不想先穿上花边围裙吗? |
[24:46] | terrence: jackie? | |
[24:47] | dad? | 爸爸? |
[24:50] | what are you doing here? | 你在这干吗? 你的父亲现在是个自由人了 |
[24:52] | ? | |
[25:01] | i can’t believe it. how did this happen? | 我不敢相信 怎么会这样? |
[25:03] | a witness came forward and verified | 一个目击证人出现并为我翻了案 |
[25:05] | that i didn’t use a cellphone at the time of the bus crash. | 证明我在车祸时没有用手机 |
[25:08] | so you get to stay? | 那你要留下来? |
[25:10] | right here. | 就在这里 |
[25:11] | i’m gonna let you two celebrate. | 我让给你们两个庆祝吧 |
[25:13] | congratulations, mr. cook. | 恭喜你cook先生 |
[25:14] | no, tonight i get to hang | 不要走 今晚我想和世上 |
[25:16] | with my two favorite men in the whole world. | 我最爱的两个男人一起 |
[25:20] | what do you bet that’ll be the first of many | 你觉得谁会是第一个拿着礼物篮 |
[25:22] | “i knew you were innocent all along” gift baskets? | 来说”我就知道你是无辜的”人呢? |
[25:27] | hello? | 你好? |
[25:29] | out an hour, | 只出来一个小时 |
[25:31] | and you’ve some sweet young thing waiting on you. | 就有那么漂亮的年轻人在等你了 |
[25:34] | that’s my terrence. | 不愧是terrence |
[25:36] | this is my daughter. | 这是我女儿 |
[25:38] | maybe you want to send her out for ice cream or something. | 也许她想出去买点冷饮什么的 |
[25:41] | jackie? let’s go get started on dinner. | jackie? 我们去准备晚餐吧 |
[25:49] | isn’t there something you want to say to me? | 你该有话和我说吧? |
[25:51] | “thank you, mr. lobo. how could i ever repay you?” | “谢谢你lobo先生 我该怎么回报你?” |
[25:55] | ah, forget it. | 啊 别再提了 |
[25:57] | i consider it a business investment. | 我把这视为一场生意上的投资 |
[26:00] | leonard, as soon as i get on my feet, i’m gonna — | leonard 一旦恢复过来 我就会– |
[26:03] | [ laughs ] on your feet? | 恢复过来? |
[26:05] | you fixed a game, cook. | 你结束了场豪赌 cook |
[26:07] | your sport-hero days are over. | 你当体育明星的日子结束了 |
[26:10] | you’re a sideshow now. | 你现在不过是小人物了 |
[26:12] | but you’re right. | 但你是对的 |
[26:13] | you’ll be on your feet… | 你会恢复的… |
[26:15] | standing at the entrance of my casino, | 站在我赌场的门口 |
[26:18] | glad-handing every bozo with a wallet who walks in. | 热情欢迎每一个进场的人 |
[26:21] | i don’t know where you were at the time of the crash, | 我不知道车祸的时候你在哪里 |
[26:24] | but i know where you’ll be from now on — | 但从今往后我知道你会在哪里– |
[26:27] | wherever i put you. | 任何我让你去的地方 |
[26:29] | and if you work real hard, | 如果你工作够努力 |
[26:31] | you’ll have me paid off in a decade. | 也许你能在10年里还清债务 |
[26:44] | veronica: after a week of forced smiles | 在一周的强颜欢笑 |
[26:46] | and the occasional “hey, it’s time for business as usual,” | 和偶尔的”嘿 又到公事时间”之后 |
[26:49] | ain’t epic love grand? | 壮丽的爱情不也很重要吗? |
[26:51] | been to any good murder trials lately? | 最近参加过什么谋杀案的审讯吗? |
[26:54] | uh…i have. | uh…参加过 |
[26:56] | you give an excellent testimony, by the way. | 顺便说一句 你的证供很精彩 |
[26:59] | it was gripping. | 那的确很吸引人 |
[27:02] | i want to ask you about something. | 我要和你谈点事 |
[27:04] | how unlike you. | 真不像你的作风 |
[27:05] | you never come to me out of the blue | 你从不会突然冒出来 |
[27:07] | with some random question. | 随便问我问题的 |
[27:09] | did lucky ever tell you anything about woody goodman | lucky跟你提过woody goodman吗? |
[27:12] | or the time he spent as a bat boy for the sharks? | 或者是他在sharks当击球手的事? |
[27:15] | no, he never mentioned the sharks. | 没有 他从不提sharks的事情 |
[27:17] | but there was this weird semi-baseball-related thing | 但去年夏季棒球半决赛时 |
[27:21] | that happened last summer. | 发生了一件奇怪的事情 |
[27:25] | dude, i think i got gangrene. | 伙计 我觉得我无药可救了 |
[27:27] | yeah, uh… | 是啊… |
[27:30] | so, i need a keg delivered to the beach tonight. | 今晚前我要把那个桶送到海边 |
[27:32] | you know, they’re doing something to me. | 你知道吗 他们对我做了些事 |
[27:34] | or — or — or i’m poisoning myself. | 要么―要么―就是我自己在给自己下毒 |
[27:38] | he was wearing a catcher’s mask? | 他戴着接球手的面具? 我觉得最奇怪的是他在不停冲洗他的脚 |
[27:40] | and i thought the weird part was the foot-bleaching. | |
[27:42] | you know, he’d wear the catcher’s mask a lot — | 接球手的面具他常戴– |
[27:44] | whenever we were “going into battle.” | 每次“去战斗”的时候都会戴 |
[27:48] | i thought it was an affectation. | 我以为那是他的喜好 |
[27:52] | keith: veronica told me she was on her way home. | keith: veronica当时说她正赶来 |
[27:54] | when she didn’t show up when she should have, | 当她没有在该到的时候出现 |
[27:57] | i drove the route i knew she would have taken. | 我就沿着她来的路开车去找她. |
[27:59] | i saw her car, stopped, got out. | 我看见她的车停在路边 |
[28:03] | i heard a commotion in the back of a nearby house | 我听到附近一所房子的后面有动静 |
[28:06] | and went looking for veronica. | 我就去找veronica. |
[28:07] | then i was jumped. | 我当时吓了一跳 |
[28:09] | well, mr. echolls testified | 好吧 echolls先生的证词说 |
[28:10] | that after veronica lost control of the car and crashed it, | 当veronica的车失去控制撞毁后 |
[28:14] | they knocked on the door of a nearby house, | 他们去敲附近一所房子的门 |
[28:16] | ked the owner to call a tow truck, | 让房子的主人叫辆拖车来 |
[28:19] | and veronica and aaron waited on the man’s porch. | 然后veronica和aaron 一直等在那家人家的门口 |
[28:23] | you arrived, | 然后你到了 |
[28:25] | saw your daughter in a compromising position, | 以为你女儿处于某种危险的处境 |
[28:27] | and started a physical altercation with mr. echolls. | 于是和echolls先生发生了口角 |
[28:30] | and this version has been confirmed | 这一事实已经得到 |
[28:32] | by the occupant of the house. | 屋主的确认 |
[28:34] | objection, the homeowner has disappeared | 反对 屋主已经失踪了 |
[28:36] | and, despite being subpoenaed, | 虽然法庭向他发出传票 |
[28:37] | has never been questioned by the prosecution. | 但事实上他从来没有被问询过 |
[28:39] | sustained. | 反对有效 |
[28:41] | does you daughter ever lie to you, mr. mars? | 你女儿有对你撒过谎吗 mars先生? |
[28:45] | i’m sure she’s had occasion to fib. | 我知道她偶尔会撒些小谎 |
[28:47] | she is a teenage girl, after all. | 毕竟她还是个十几岁的小女孩 |
[28:50] | other than the occasional fib, | 除了偶尔撒些小谎 |
[28:52] | would you say that you have a close relationship? | 是不是可以说你们之间的关系很亲密? |
[28:54] | i would say very close. | 我认为是非常亲密 |
[28:55] | so, you would expect to hear the truth | 那你肯定希望了解真相 |
[28:57] | on what most people would call the “big issues.” | 在那些多数人公认的”大事情”上咯? |
[29:03] | i would. | 是的 |
[29:06] | are you aware that your daughter was caught | 那你知不知道你女儿曾经 |
[29:09] | breaking into the home of stewart and rose manning? | 因闯入stewart和rose manning的家而被捕? |
[29:13] | no, i wasn’t aware of that. | 不 我不知道 |
[29:15] | she was also named in a disciplinary file | 她的名字也出现在副警长leo d’amato |
[29:17] | of deputy leo d’amato. | 的一份纪律档案里 |
[29:18] | apparently, she managed to — | 显然 她试图– |
[29:20] | what’s the word i’m looking for — | 那个是什么词来着– |
[29:22] | manipulate her way into the records room | 利用他进入档案室 |
[29:24] | while he was on duty. | 在他当值的时候 |
[29:25] | did you know about that? | 这件事情你知道吗? |
[29:26] | if you thought i knew, you wouldn’t be asking me. | 如果我知道的话 你就不会问我了 |
[29:29] | for the court record, is that a “no”? yes, it’s a “no.” | 抱歉现在是在法庭上 也就是”不知道”咯? 是的 “不知道” |
[29:32] | did your daughter have a personal relationship | 你女儿和d’amato先生间 |
[29:35] | with mr. d’amato? | 有私人关系吗? |
[29:36] | yes, they dated. | 是的 他们曾约会过 |
[29:38] | the county commissioner hired you | 郡委员会任命你负责 |
[29:39] | to investigate the stolen echolls tapes. | 调查echolls的带子被盗一事 |
[29:42] | your report suggested that logan echolls | 你的报告里说logan echolls |
[29:45] | procured the tapes due to the negligence of d’amato. | 得到带子是因为d’amato的疏忽职守 没错 |
[29:48] | doesn’t that stand to reason that your daughter, | 这是否可以理解为你女儿 |
[29:50] | who clearly had this deputy wrapped around her finger, | 一个显然把副警长玩弄于股掌间的人 |
[29:54] | manipulated him, | 利用了副警长 |
[29:55] | in whatever way pretty young girls | 用那些年轻女孩常用的伎俩 |
[29:57] | manage to manipulate older men, once again? | 成功地控制了年长的男性 又一次地? |
[30:00] | you want to be careful, mr. lavoie. | 请你说话小心点 lavoie先生 |
[30:01] | she knew the tapes didn’t show what she said they showed, | 她知道带子上没有她说有的内容 |
[30:05] | so she convinced one “boyfriend” | 所以她说服一个”男友” |
[30:08] | to give them to another “boyfriend,” | 把带子给另一个”男友” |
[30:10] | who she knew would destroy them, thus deflecting blame | 而且很清楚后者一定会把带子毁掉 以此来把祸水东引向 |
[30:13] | from yet another “boyfriend,” duncan kane. | 第三个”男友” duncan kane |
[30:15] | any more air quotes, and i’ll break those fingers off. | 如果再用手打引号 我就把你的手指敲断 |
[30:18] | bailiff, have this witness taken. | 法警 把证人带下去 |
[30:20] | i’m fine, your honor. | 我没事 法官大人 |
[30:23] | witness can be excused. | 证人可以退席了 |
[30:29] | okay, you put another “x” on that paper, | 好了 如果你再写一个”x”在那张纸上 |
[30:31] | and we’re gonna have a problem. | 我就和你没完 |
[30:33] | i’d put little smiley faces, | 那我就画张小笑脸 |
[30:34] | but i don’t know if that’s going to sell “wrong.” | 但我不认为那可以表示”错” |
[30:37] | i told you you went too fast on balancing equations. | 我告诉过你 你在平衡方程式那里讲得太快了 |
[30:39] | i didn’t go too fast. | 我没有 |
[30:41] | i didn’t even understand what you were talking about. | 连我都不知道你在说什么 |
[30:44] | no surprise there. | 这不奇怪 |
[30:45] | what, are you saying you’re smarter than me? | 什么 你想说你比我聪明吗? |
[30:48] | no. here’s what that would have sounded like — | 不 我想说的是– |
[30:50] | i’m smarter than you. | 我比你聪明 |
[30:52] | you don’t really believe that. | 你不是真那么想吧 |
[30:54] | then why did i get it tattooed on my hip? | 那我为什么要把它纹在我的屁股上呢? |
[30:56] | if this is what you need to do to feel better about yourself… | 如果这样做能使你舒服些的话… |
[30:59] | if i get you an “a,” will you shiv him? | 如果我帮你拿到了a 你会帮我教训他吗? |
[31:00] | hey, i got an idea. | 嗨 我有个主意 |
[31:02] | how about you two geniuses | 你们两个天才 |
[31:04] | go work out your aggression in some coatroom | 不如先找个衣帽间完成相互攻击 |
[31:06] | and then come back here and teach me algebra, huh? | 然后再回来教我代数 huh? |
[31:23] | so, i did a little digging. | 我做了些调查 |
[31:26] | without breaking any laws or putting myself in danger, | 没有触犯法律或者以身犯险 |
[31:29] | and i did it at school, | 而且是在学校里干的 |
[31:31] | so you knew exactly where i was at the time. | 所以你知道我这次在哪里了 |
[31:33] | you understand why i don’t find this amusing. | 如果我不觉得这有趣 我想你该理解原因的 |
[31:35] | i do. | 我理解 |
[31:37] | so what did you find out, veronica? | 那么你找到了什么veronica? |
[31:39] | logan told me he once found lucky | logan告诉我说一次lucky |
[31:40] | in the janitor’s closet wearing only jeans | 在janitor’s closet只穿着牛仔 |
[31:42] | and a catcher’s mask and bleaching his feet. | 戴着接球手的面具 不停冲洗他的脚 |
[31:46] | this is who they hire at my high school. | 这就是他们为我的高中找的校长 |
[31:48] | he was wearing a catcher’s mask? | 他戴着接球手的面具? |
[31:51] | yeah. why, what are you doing? | 没错 怎么了 你在干吗? |
[31:54] | i want to look at the surveillance tape | 我要看看lucky寄给woody |
[31:56] | lucky sent to woody. | 的监视录像 |
[31:57] | i think i remember seeing something. | 我记得我看到一些东西 |
[31:59] | i don’t understand. what am i looking at? | 我不明白 我该看出些什么? |
[32:02] | it’s a painting behind the table. | 那张画 就在桌子后面 |
[32:03] | that’s a catcher’s mask. | 那是接球手的面具. |
[32:09] | inga? keith mars. | |
[32:11] | i need you to call the bomb squad. | |
[32:13] | there’s a problem at the goodman home. | 我要你电话拆弹组 他为什么要那样拍摄墙壁? |
[32:15] | why is he filming the wall like that? | |
[32:19] | woody’s little-league team was called the sharks? | woody’的小联盟队伍叫做sharks? |
[32:23] | oh, my god. | 哦 上帝 |
[32:25] | i know, but i think lucky may have hid a bomb | 我知道 我认为lucky可能藏了个炸弹 |
[32:27] | behind a painting in their dining room. | 在客厅里的那幅画后面 |
[32:32] | dad, you need to see this. | 爸爸 你该看看这个 |
[32:35] | okay, but you’ll let me know? thank you. | 好的 你会让我知道进展的吧? 谢谢 |
[32:40] | that’s marcos oliveres. that’s peter ferrer. | 那是marcos oliveres. 那是peter ferrer. |
[32:44] | two of the boys who died in the bus crash | 车祸中死去的两个孩子 |
[32:46] | were on woody’s little-league team — | 他们都在 woody小联盟队伍里– |
[32:48] | the sharks. | |
[33:00] | ? | 你们还要用多久 这真是荒谬 |
[33:02] | there was a bomb under your car. | 你的车下有个炸弹 |
[33:04] | they did a thorough sweep of the house. it’s clear. | 他们检查了整个房子 没问题 |
[33:06] | your stalker obviously meant business. | 你的跟踪者显然是来真的 |
[33:21] | hey, late night, huh? | 嘿 熬夜上班了? |
[33:25] | i guess you’re due for a couple rowdy evenings. | 我猜你应得到一些欢乐的夜晚 |
[33:27] | i was working. | 我在工作 |
[33:29] | so, what’s this new job? you haven’t told me anything. | 那么 你的新工作是什么? 你都没和我说过呢 |
[33:31] | what kind of work do they have you doing? | 他们要你做什么样的工作? |
[33:33] | the kind of work i have to do, okay? | 就是我必须做的那种 行吗? |
[33:35] | well, when’s your night off? we still need to celebrate. | 好吧 那你哪天晚上有空? 我们还没庆祝呢 |
[33:39] | i can’t make any plans right now, jackie. | 我现在没法订任何计划jackie. |
[33:42] | okay, that’s fine. | 哦 好吧 |
[33:44] | it’s not like we’re pressed for time or anything. | 我们又不是没有时间 |
[33:47] | i’ve decided not to go to paris… | 我决定不去巴黎了… 至少这个学期不去 |
[33:49] | at least not for a semester. | |
[33:53] | i don’t think that’s a good idea. | 我认为那不是个好主意 |
[33:54] | i’m going to be working a lot now, | 从今后我的工作会很忙 |
[33:57] | and traveling nonstop | 不停出差 |
[33:58] | i don’t know when i’m gonna be here, | 我不知道什么时候回来 |
[34:01] | and when i’m not gonna be here. | 而如果我不在家里 |
[34:02] | it’s not fair to you. | 这对你是很不公平的 |
[34:04] | but i don’t mind. it’s not fair to either of us, jackie. | 我不介意 这对我们两个来说都是不公平的jackie. |
[34:07] | i think it’s in both of our best interests | 我认为你去法国的话 |
[34:09] | if you just go to france. | 对我们两个都是最好的 |
[34:21] | woody’s a pervert. he’s sick. | woody是个变态. 他有病 |
[34:24] | what he did to us is wrong. we were just kids. | 他对我们做的事是错的 我们还只是孩子 |
[34:27] | it’s marcos oliveres and peter ferrer, | 是marcos oliveres和peter ferrer, |
[34:31] | two of the kids killed in the bus crash. | 车祸中被杀的两个孩子 |
[34:33] | i verified peter’s voice with his teacher, mr. wu, | 我找peter的老师wu先生确认过他的声音了 |
[34:36] | and i have tapes of marcos from a radio show he did. | 我从一个电台节目中得到了marcos的声音 |
[34:39] | woody molested marcos and peter. | woody性侵犯了marcos和peter. |
[34:41] | they were gonna come forward, so he killed them. | 他们想把事情抖出来 于是他杀了他们 |
[34:44] | by putting a bomb on the bus. | 他将一个炸弹放在公车上 没错 |
[34:46] | then he used the same type of phone-activated bomb | 然后他把同样用电话启动的炸弹 |
[34:49] | on his own car to blow himself up. | 装在自己车上 企图把自己炸上天 |
[34:51] | there was a bomb in woody’s car? | woody的车上有炸弹? |
[34:53] | you were right, keith. | 你说得没错keith. |
[34:55] | you thought lucky planted a bomb, and he did. | 你认为lucky布置了炸弹 他确实做了 |
[34:57] | did you know that lucky blew off work the day of the crash? | 你知道lucky在车祸当天被炒了吗? |
[35:00] | lucky is not responsible for this. | lucky没干这事 |
[35:02] | you want to hear my theory on the whole situation? | 你想知道我对这一系列事的看法吗? |
[35:05] | you are trying to get me to arrest the mayor. | 你想让我逮捕市长 |
[35:07] | you want to turn me into a laughingstock again, | 你想把我再次变成笑柄 |
[35:10] | and it ain’t gonna happen. | 而这是不可能的 |
[35:11] | is your ego really that enormous | 你真的自大到 |
[35:13] | that you can take the murder of eight people | 把关于八个人的谋杀案 |
[35:15] | and make it about you? | 说成我针对你的行为? |
[35:16] | if you don’t act on this, | 如果你不采取行动 |
[35:18] | woody’s gonna use all his money and resources | woody会利用所有钱和资源 |
[35:20] | to disappear. | 消失得无影无踪 |
[35:21] | you won’t be a laughingstock. | 你不会成为笑柄 |
[35:23] | you’ll be the guy | 你会成为让一个恋童癖 |
[35:25] | who let a child molester and a murderer get away! | 和杀人犯逍遥法外的笨蛋! |
[35:29] | yeah, there was just some fuzz. | 开始只有些嗡嗡声 |
[35:34] | static, no picture. | 噪音 没有图像 |
[35:37] | and then i saw lilly, wearing only her bra, | 然后我看见lilly 只戴着胸罩 |
[35:39] | sitting on top of someone, writhing. | 坐在某人的上方 扭动身体 |
[35:42] | i couldn’t see who it was at first, | 起先我看不清那人是谁 |
[35:45] | and then they rolled over, and i saw my father. | 后来他们翻了身 我认出那是我爸爸 |
[35:52] | he climbed on top of her and continued to have sex with her. | 他爬到她身上继续和她做爱 |
[35:58] | he actually smiled at the camera a couple times. | 他还对这镜头笑了几次 你确定他们是在做爱? |
[36:02] | you’re certain they were having sex? | |
[36:06] | yes. | 是的 |
[36:07] | no further questions, your honor. | 没有其他问题了 法官大人 |
[36:09] | your witness, mr. lavoie. | 轮到你问了lavoie先生 |
[36:13] | mr. echolls, you claimed you destroyed the tapes. | echolls先生 你承认你销毁了带子. |
[36:16] | you are aware that’s a felony. | 你是否意识到那是项重罪 |
[36:17] | yes. | 是的 |
[36:19] | were you granted immunity in exchange for your testimony? | 你是否因出庭作证而被豁免呢? |
[36:23] | yes, i was. | 是的 |
[36:24] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:26] | no further questions, your honor. | 没有其他问题了 法官大人 |
[36:45] | i need to talk to someone about this. | 我需要和某人谈谈 |
[36:47] | this boy that was killed — | 这个被杀的男孩– |
[36:48] | my boys saw someone attack him. | 我儿子曾见到有人袭击他 |
[36:50] | they say they got a pretty good look. | 他们说看得很清楚 |
[36:58] | you boys feel like looking at some pictures? | 你们能不能看些照片认人呢? |
[37:10] | congratulations, eli. | 恭喜你eli. |
[37:13] | oh, hell, yeah! [ laughs ] | 哦 是啊 |
[37:22] | it was this guy. | 是这个人 |
[37:26] | don…you got to see this. | don…你该来看看这个 |
[37:30] | lucky wasn’t at work the day of the bus crash | lucky车祸当天没有上班 |
[37:34] | because he was in a padded cell at a v.a. hospital. | 因为他在精神病医院的软壁小室里 |
[37:39] | sacks. | |
[37:41] | i’ll go pick woody up. | 我去接woody |
[37:42] | well, i guess you heard. | 哦 我猜你已经听到了 |
[37:44] | about what? | 什么? |
[37:45] | the echolls trial. the jury reached a verdict. | echolls的案子 陪审团已经有结果了 |
[37:51] | i just took my last high-school test ever. | 我刚结束了高中生涯的最后一场考试 |
[37:53] | done. over. i’m out of here. | 考完了 都结束了 我要离开这了 |
[37:56] | and you decided to celebrate by torturing me? | 你是不是想靠折磨我来庆祝? |
[37:59] | what do you got? one more? | 你呢? 还有一门? |
[38:01] | nothing like having your future | 我的未来全部取决于 |
[38:03] | rest on how much you know about the ascendency rules of babylon. | 我对巴比伦法律的了解程度了 |
[38:06] | well, i got to go clean out my locker. | 好吧 我得去收拾我的柜子 |
[38:09] | you got that salmon i left in there for you, right? | 那里还有我给你留的鲑鱼 对吧? |
[38:12] | you better enjoy this | 你好好享受这一刻吧 |
[38:15] | ’cause this is as nostalgic as i get. | 因为那可是很怀旧的 |
[38:18] | i just wanted to say | |
[38:21] | it was worth getting taped to a pole. | |
[38:26] | i’m gonna miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[38:29] | and my stupid-ass face? | 和我的这张臭脸? |
[38:35] | i got to go grab my stuff, then pick up my lady, | 我得收拾好我的东西 然后去接我女朋友 |
[38:39] | do a little celebrating. | 小小庆祝一下 |
[38:46] | this conversation never happened. | 记得我们可没说过话 |
[38:48] | sure it did. | 当然 |
[39:45] | afternoon, mr. cook. | 下午好 cook先生. |
[39:48] | i’m just picking up jackie. | 我来接jackie. |
[39:49] | she’s not here, wallace. | 她不在这 wallace. |
[39:51] | well, she knows i’m coming, so…you mind if i wait? | 她知道我要来的 那么…您不介意我在这等她吧? |
[39:54] | jackie left for france this morning. | jackie今天早上动身去法国了 |
[39:55] | she wanted me to give you this. | 她让我把这个交给你 |
[39:58] | i’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[40:13] | keith: so, lamb, you got woody in custody yet? | 那么 lamb 你逮捕woody了吗? |
[40:16] | woody’s gone. he took his private plane. | woody不见了 乘坐他的私人飞机 |
[40:19] | there’s no flight plan on record. | 没有起飞记录 |
[40:21] | man: all rise. | 全体起立 |
[40:33] | foreman, has the jury reached a verdict? | 首席陪审员 陪审团有结果了吗? |
[40:35] | we have, your honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[40:43] | on the count of murder in the second degree, | 对于被告二级谋杀罪的指控 |
[40:45] | we find the defendant… | 我们宣布被告… |
[40:49] | …not guilty. | …罪名不成立 |
[40:50] | on the count of aggravated assault, | 对于严重伤害罪的指控 |
[40:53] | we find the defendant not guilty. | 我们宣布被告罪名不成立 |
[40:57] | on the count of statutory rape, | 对于被告强奸罪的指控 |
[41:00] | we find the defendant not guilty. | 我们宣布被告罪名不成立 |