时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:19] | Hollywood… | 好莱坞 |
[00:22] | It’s a town that’s always attracted a certain kind of woman. | 这个小镇总是吸引着某种女人 |
[00:28] | She arrives, ready to do battle… | 她到达 准备好搏斗 |
[00:32] | …with lipstick and cleavage as her weapons of choice. | 用口红和乳沟作为她的武器 |
[00:36] | She is confident of victory | 她对胜利充满信心 |
[00:38] | because she knows what life has taught her… | 因为她知道生活教会了她 |
[00:43] | …that beauty is power. | 美丽就是权力 |
[00:49] | But this is not a story about a woman with power. | 但这不是一个关于拥有权力的女人的故事 |
[00:53] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[00:55] | This is about another kind of woman. | 这讲的是另一种女人 |
[00:58] | The middle-aged housewife no one ever talks about. | 没人谈及的中年家庭主妇 |
[01:02] | The drab sparrow no one has time for. | 没人有空搭理的乏味妇女 |
[01:07] | The plain Jane who is never invited to the party. | 没人邀请参加派对的素朴女人 |
[01:14] | She has no beauty to draw upon. | 她没有美丽可言 |
[01:18] | No style. No grace. | 没有风格 没有优雅 |
[01:23] | This timid creature moves through life… | 这个害羞的生物一生 |
[01:28] | …as if invisible. | 似乎都是隐形的 |
[01:34] | Still, she never complains. | 但却从不抱怨 |
[01:37] | Years of neglect have taught her | 常年被忽视让她明白 |
[01:39] | not to expect too much from life. | 不要对生活有太多指望 |
[01:44] | She’s been told it’s best to wait. | 她被告知最好等待 |
[01:47] | That one day, “The meek shall inherit the Earth.” | 总有一天 “谦卑的人会继承地球” |
[01:53] | Yes, this is the story of Alma Fillcot. | 是的 这是艾尔玛·菲尔科特的故事 |
[01:57] | A very meek woman, who, one day… | 一个极其谦卑的女人 有一天 |
[02:06] | …got tired of waiting. | 她受够了等待 |
[02:36] | Alma Fillcot’s journey from inconsequential to infamous | 艾尔玛·菲尔科特从无关紧要到声名狼藉的旅程 |
[02:39] | began with a story in the morning paper. | 始于晨报里的一则报道 |
[02:43] | Her life began to change… | 当另一个人的生命结束时 |
[02:46] | when someone else’s life had ended. | 她的生活开始改变 |
[02:52] | Bertram. Wake up. | 伯特伦 醒醒 |
[02:54] | Vonda Van Essen is dead. | 旺达·范·艾森死了 |
[02:58] | Who? | 谁 |
[03:00] | She’s the founder of the Elysian Park Garden Club. | 她是极乐公园园艺俱乐部的创始人 |
[03:02] | It’s considered the finest in Los Angeles. | 被视作洛杉矶最顶级的俱乐部 |
[03:05] | And it’s very exclusive. | 很高端 |
[03:07] | The competition to get in is fierce. | 入会竞争非常激烈 |
[03:09] | They never have more than 20 members at a time, | 会员总人数一次不超过二十人 |
[03:11] | but Vonda’s death means there’ll be an opening. | 但旺达的死意味着会有一个空缺 |
[03:14] | Normally, I wouldn’t dare to dream, | 通常我不敢做这种梦 |
[03:15] | but we both know I’ve done wonders with my garden. | 但我们都知道我把花园打理得美不胜收 |
[03:19] | So, do you think I should apply? | 你说我该申请吗 |
[03:21] | Do you think I have any hope at all of getting in? | 你觉得我有希望入会吗 |
[03:26] | I think that the women in that club would be lucky | 我认为能拥有你这个成员 |
[03:29] | to have you as a member. | 那些俱乐部女性会非常幸运 |
[03:31] | But they are all rich society types. | 但她们都是富家太太 |
[03:35] | Their gardens are tended to by professionals. | 她们的花园由专业人员打理 |
[03:39] | And if the competition is as fierce as you say, well… | 如果竞争真有你说的那么激烈 恐怕… |
[03:45] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[03:47] | It’s idiotic to get my hopes up. Forget I mentioned it. | 我抱希望太天真了 当我没说 |
[03:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:51] | – Bye-bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[04:03] | Morning, Mom. | 早上好 妈妈 |
[04:04] | Oh. Dee, you’re up. Do you want breakfast? | 小迪 你起来了 你想吃早餐吗 |
[04:07] | I’ll just grab a bite at the diner. | 我在餐馆随便吃点就行 |
[04:10] | Oh, hold on. Your hem’s undone. | 等一下 你的裙边松脱了 |
[04:12] | Let me fix it for you. | 我帮你缝一下 |
[04:13] | I work behind a counter, Ma. Who’s gonna see? | 我都站在柜台后面 妈妈 谁会看见 |
[04:16] | Well, you might meet a nice man. | 没准你会遇见个好男人呢 |
[04:18] | You don’t want to seem sloppy. | 你可不想显得邋遢 |
[04:20] | I’ll ask Sue to fix it. | 我会叫苏帮我缝好 |
[04:22] | She knows her way around a needle and thread. | 她很擅长针线活儿 |
[04:24] | Don’t insult me, Dee. | 别侮辱我啊 小迪 |
[04:27] | I know how to sew a hem. | 我会缝裙边 |
[04:29] | Heavens. Anyone can hem. | 老天 是人都会缝边 |
[04:38] | So, I heard you talking to Daddy. | 我听见你和爸爸说话 |
[04:40] | There’s some club you want to join? | 你想加入某个俱乐部吗 |
[04:43] | I see these Garden Club ladies every week at this bistro downtown. | 我每周都在市中心酒馆看见那些园艺俱乐部的女士 |
[04:47] | I plan my shopping so I can walk by and get a look at them. | 我特地规划购物路线 好路过看她们一眼 |
[04:52] | They’re so chic. | 她们好优雅 |
[04:54] | And they seem to have so much fun together. | 而且她们在一起似乎很开心 |
[04:57] | I’d be happy every day of my life | 如果我有一群如此高雅的朋友 |
[04:58] | if I had a group of elegant friends like that. | 我每天都会很快乐 |
[05:01] | So, how does someone join a club like that? | 这种俱乐部怎么进呢 |
[05:05] | Oh, well, you have to be nominated by a current member. | 需要现任成员提名 |
[05:08] | And then they vote. | 然后集体投票 |
[05:09] | But I don’t know any of those women. | 可这些女人我一个也不认识 |
[05:12] | Except Rita Castillo, the club president. | 我只认得丽塔·卡斯蒂罗 她是主席 |
[05:16] | I met her at your father’s clinic. | 我在你父亲的诊所见过她 |
[05:18] | Talk to her. I bet she’d help you. | 去找她谈谈 她肯定会帮你 |
[05:19] | Oh, I don’t know. | 这可说不好 |
[05:21] | I’ve introduced myself to her a few times, | 我跟她打过好多次招呼 |
[05:24] | but she never seems to remember me. | 她从来记不住我 |
[05:27] | Guess I’m just not very memorable. | 大概我不是那种过目难忘的人 |
[05:34] | I say give it one more try. | 要我说再试一次 |
[05:36] | – Nah, I’d just be wasting my time. – Maybe. | -算了 纯粹是浪费时间 -也许是这样 |
[05:39] | But what’s that old saying? | 不过那句老话怎么说的 |
[05:40] | Nothing ventured, nothing gained. | 不入虎穴 焉得虎子 |
[05:47] | There. | 好了 |
[05:49] | Your hem is done. | 边缝好了 |
[05:50] | Good, because I’m really late. | 太好了 我已经迟到太久了 |
[05:53] | Dee? | 小迪 |
[05:57] | How would I go about it? | 我该怎么开口呢 |
[05:59] | I can’t just walk up to Rita Castillo | 总不能走到丽塔·卡斯蒂罗面前 |
[06:00] | and say, “I’d like to join your club.” | 张口就说 “我要进你们俱乐部” |
[06:04] | Can I? | 这样不行吧 |
[06:06] | It’s what a memorable woman would do. | 过目难忘的女人就会这么说 |
[06:13] | It was the great irony of Alma’s life. | 艾尔玛生活的可笑之处在于 |
[06:16] | While she yearned for some kind of companionship, | 一边是她非常渴望陪伴 |
[06:21] | her husband had more friends than he knew what to do with. | 而另一边她的丈夫却朋友多得应付不过来 |
[06:24] | Yes, everyone who knew Dr. Bertram Fillcot adored him. | 是的 认识伯特伦·菲尔科特医生的人都喜欢他 |
[06:30] | Especially his patients. | 特别是他的病患 |
[06:33] | Hello. Oh. | 早上好 |
[06:36] | – Morning, Rona. – Morning, Doctor. | -早 罗娜 -早 医生 |
[06:39] | Who’s up first? | 第一个是谁 |
[06:41] | Maisie Moran and Biscuit. | 麦茜·莫兰和小饼干 |
[06:43] | Oh, dear. | 老天 |
[06:43] | Is that today? | 是今天啊 |
[06:48] | Hello, Mrs. Moran. | 你好 莫兰女士 |
[06:50] | How you doing? | 你好吗 |
[06:53] | Not so good, Doc. | 不太好 医生 |
[06:55] | I was thinking, maybe we could wait a couple of weeks. | 我本以为 我们能再拖几周 |
[06:57] | You know? What’s the rush? | 你知道的 有什么着急的 |
[06:59] | Well, I understand, but… | 我明白 但是 |
[07:01] | Biscuit is in terrible pain. | 小饼干剧痛难忍 |
[07:03] | And, uh, I hate to see unnecessary suffering. | 而我不愿看到无谓的痛苦 |
[07:10] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[07:12] | It’s time. | 是时候了 |
[07:19] | You play music for the animals? | 你为动物播放音乐吗 |
[07:21] | Yes. It’s important for me that their last moments be beautiful. | 是的 它们临终时刻的美好对我来说很重要 |
[07:28] | Wow, Doc. | 医生 |
[07:30] | You’re so sweet. | 你太温柔了 |
[07:33] | Okay. | 好了 |
[07:51] | Sweet little Biscuit. | 可爱的小饼干 |
[07:53] | You were always such a good boy. | 你一直是乖宝宝 |
[07:56] | Your mother’s right here with you, like she’s always been. | 你妈妈就在这陪着你 一如既往 |
[08:01] | You were an exceptional dog. | 你是一只非凡的狗狗 |
[08:05] | And you need to know that your life had meaning. | 你有必要知道你的人生有意义 |
[08:11] | You brought joy. | 你带来了欢乐 |
[08:15] | You were loved. | 你被人宠爱 |
[08:20] | And you will be remembered. | 你也会被铭记 |
[08:46] | Hello there. | 大家好 |
[08:50] | So sorry to intrude. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[08:52] | I-I’m-I’m meeting a fellow gardening enthusiast after lunch, | 我…我要在午后见一位园艺爱好者 |
[08:55] | and I brought this new bloom to show her. | 然后把这支新开的花朵给她看 |
[09:00] | It’s a Lady Marchbanks hybrid tea rose. | 这是一支马奇班克斯夫人杂交茶玫瑰 |
[09:05] | Isn’t it lovely? | 很漂亮吧 |
[09:10] | I-I-I was sitting over there, at my table, | 我…本来坐在那边 我的座位那里 |
[09:13] | and I looked up and I thought, | 然后我一抬头 就想 |
[09:14] | “Oh, my. Are those the Garden Club ladies? | “天啊 那不是园艺俱乐部的女士们吗 |
[09:17] | Maybe they’d like to see it, too.” | 也许她们也想看看它” |
[09:21] | I didn’t want to disturb you. | 我本不想打扰你们 |
[09:22] | I’m actually quite shy by nature. But here I am… | 我其实天性挺腼腆的 但我还是来了 |
[09:26] | rose in hand. | 手握玫瑰 |
[09:31] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗 |
[09:32] | Yes. | 认识 |
[09:33] | Yes, we’ve actually met. Twice. | 是的 我们其实见过 两次 |
[09:35] | She’s your veterinarian’s wife. | 她是你兽医的老婆 |
[09:38] | That’s me. | 就是我 |
[09:39] | Alma Fillcot. | 艾尔玛·菲尔科特 |
[09:41] | I know your cat Mr. Buttons. | 我知道你的猫 小扣子 |
[09:44] | How nice. We have mutual friends. | 真好 我们还有共同好友 |
[09:48] | Um, if any of you would like to try growing this rose, | 如果你们想试试种这种玫瑰 |
[09:50] | I do have some seeds here, in my purse, | 我这有种子 在我的包里 |
[09:52] | and I’m more than happy to… | 我很乐意 |
[09:53] | Alma, I’ve just had a fun idea. | 艾尔玛 我有个好主意 |
[09:57] | We’re having a gathering at my place Saturday. | 我们这周六在我家有个聚会 |
[09:59] | Why don’t you come by? | 不如你也来参加吧 |
[10:01] | Show us your little seeds then? | 到时你再给我们展示种子 |
[10:03] | You’re inviting me to a party? | 你是在邀请我参加聚会吗 |
[10:05] | Because of Mrs. Von Essen’s passing, | 因为范·艾森太太去世了 |
[10:06] | we’re now calling it a memorial. | 现在改叫悼念仪式了 |
[10:09] | Should I wear black? | 我要穿黑衣服吗 |
[10:11] | Only if you want to look like a waiter. | 除非你想穿得像服务员 |
[10:13] | Here you go. | 坐下吧 |
[10:16] | Oh. Thank you! | 谢谢你 |
[10:20] | I’ll see you Saturday! | 我们周六见 |
[10:21] | And just like that, | 就这样 |
[10:23] | Alma became enthralled with the goddess | 艾尔玛被女神 |
[10:27] | that was Rita Castillo. | 丽塔·卡斯蒂罗深深吸引住了 |
[10:31] | She might have felt differently | 如果她了解丽塔的私生活 |
[10:32] | if she’d known about Rita’s private life. | 那她的感受多半会不同 |
[10:35] | Which was very sordid, indeed. | 丽塔的私生活其实非常乱 |
[10:43] | Excuse me. | 你好 |
[10:44] | I’m looking for Vern Loomis, | 我找维恩·卢米斯 |
[10:46] | the private investigator. | 私家侦探 |
[10:48] | You found him. | 我就是 |
[10:50] | And how can I help you, Miss…? | 有什么需要帮忙的吗 小姐 |
[10:52] | Mrs. Carlo Castillo. | 卡洛·卡斯蒂罗女士 |
[10:59] | Can I trust you to be discreet? | 我能相信你会保守秘密吗 |
[11:00] | For the right price, I can be quiet as a tomb. | 如果价钱够高 我就能像墓地一般安静 |
[11:04] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[11:06] | I hear your specialty is investigating infidelity. | 听说你很擅长调查出轨 |
[11:09] | It’s my bread and butter. | 我就靠这个赚钱 |
[11:11] | You think your husband is cheating on you? | 你觉得你丈夫对你不忠吗 |
[11:13] | No. | 不 |
[11:15] | The man I need you to follow is my lover. | 你要跟踪的是我的情人 |
[11:18] | So you’re the cheater? | 所以是你不忠 |
[11:21] | Only if you’re working for my husband. | 除非你是为我丈夫工作 |
[11:27] | This has been one hell of a lousy day. | 今天真是糟透了 |
[11:30] | But you were real sweet in there. | 但你刚才真的很贴心 |
[11:32] | Thank you, Doc. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[11:34] | Look, forgive me for saying this, but, uh, | 请原谅我这么说 不过 |
[11:36] | I’m worried about your color. You look ever so tired. | 你的脸色让我很担心 你看起来很疲惫 |
[11:40] | That’s ’cause I work nights. | 那是因为我晚上工作 |
[11:42] | I’m a singer down at the Maui Lounge. | 我是毛伊酒廊的歌手 |
[11:44] | A chanteuse. | 女歌手 |
[11:46] | You should drop by sometime. | 你有空应该过来看看 |
[11:48] | I’m there all week. | 我整个星期都在 |
[11:49] | Show starts at 10:00. | 表演十点开始 |
[11:51] | It’s, it’s a bit late for us. | 对我们来说有点晚 |
[11:54] | My wife and I tend to retire early. | 我和我妻子喜欢早睡 |
[11:56] | Oh. You’re married. | 你结婚了 |
[11:59] | Happily? | 幸福吗 |
[12:00] | Very. | 很幸福 |
[12:02] | Like I said… | 正如我说的 |
[12:04] | one hell of a lousy day. | 今天糟透了 |
[12:12] | My lover’s name is… | 我的情人叫… |
[12:15] | God help me, Scooter Polarsky. | 我的天 斯库特·波拉斯基 |
[12:18] | That’s his address and headshot. | 这是他的地址和照片 |
[12:20] | An actor? | 一个演员 |
[12:22] | Has he ever been in anything? | 他有出演过什么吗 |
[12:24] | Besides debt? | 除了债务 |
[12:26] | No. | 没有 |
[12:27] | So you like to support the arts? | 所以你喜欢支持艺术家 |
[12:30] | This is not some tawdry affair, Mr. Loomis. | 这不是什么龌龊的婚外情 卢米斯先生 |
[12:33] | I care deeply about this young man. | 我很关心这位年轻人 |
[12:35] | The guy you want me to tail? | 你想让我跟踪的这家伙吗 |
[12:36] | Scooter is immature. | 斯库特还不成熟 |
[12:39] | He has not yet grasped the importance of fidelity. | 他还不明白忠诚的重要性 |
[12:42] | That’s funny… | 真有意思 |
[12:43] | coming from Mrs. Castillo. | 这话从卡斯蒂罗女士口中说出 |
[12:47] | Carlo is a vile man with a weak heart. | 卡洛是个心脏不好的臭男人 |
[12:50] | When we got married, he swore he wouldn’t make it to 70. | 我们结婚的时候他发誓自己活不到70岁 |
[12:54] | He’s now 80. | 现在他都80了 |
[12:56] | If he’s not going to keep his wedding vows, | 既然他不履行自己的婚礼誓言 |
[12:59] | why should I? | 那我为什么要遵守 |
[13:05] | Oh, Mrs. Yost. | 约斯特太太 |
[13:06] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[13:08] | Are you, uh, familiar at all with the Elysian Park Garden Club? | 你了解极乐公园园艺俱乐部吗 |
[13:13] | Oh, yeah. | 了解 |
[13:14] | I used to know those broads. | 我以前认识那群女的 |
[13:16] | Very la-di-da. Why? | 非常做作 怎么了 |
[13:18] | Rita Castillo, the president, | 丽塔·卡斯蒂罗 俱乐部的主席 |
[13:20] | has invited me to a party. | 邀请我去参加一个聚会 |
[13:24] | This time of year? | 这个时候 |
[13:26] | Oh, no. | 不对 |
[13:28] | She invited you to their annual fundraiser. | 她是邀请你去参加年度筹款活动 |
[13:31] | A fundraiser? | 筹款活动 |
[13:32] | Once a year, they open the gates | 每年她们会对外开放一次 |
[13:34] | and let the peasants gawk at their fancy flowers. | 让韭菜来观赏她们精致的花卉 |
[13:37] | And they charge ten bucks for the privilege. | 她们向参加活动的人收取10美元 |
[13:40] | Rita’s going to charge me? | 丽塔要收我的钱 |
[13:42] | Sorry to burst your bubble. | 抱歉让你的美梦幻灭了 |
[13:46] | Well, you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[13:47] | M-Maybe it’s worth it. You know? | 说 说不定是值得的 |
[13:49] | A spot’s opened up in the club. | 俱乐部有了一个空位 |
[13:50] | This could be a chance for me to meet some of the members | 我去了就有机会去认识一些会员 |
[13:53] | and ingratiate myself. | 讨她们的欢心 |
[13:54] | Maybe one of them will want to nominate me. | 说不定有人会愿意推荐我 |
[13:57] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[13:58] | What? | 怎么 |
[13:59] | Why are you looking at me that way? | 你为什么这样看着我 |
[14:01] | That club is an excuse for bored society types | 这个俱乐部不过是一群无聊的人 |
[14:05] | to gossip and sip Chablis in the afternoon. | 在午后八卦喝酒的借口罢了 |
[14:08] | And they only do that with their own kind. | 而且她们只和同类聚会 |
[14:11] | You’re saying I won’t fit in? | 你是说我无法融入 |
[14:13] | Sweetie… | 亲爱的 |
[14:15] | you’re a housewife. | 你是一名家庭主妇 |
[14:17] | So you dress for comfort. | 所以你是为了舒适而着装 |
[14:19] | You do your own hair. | 自己做头发 |
[14:21] | Your idea of dolling up | 你的时尚品味 |
[14:23] | is wearing lipstick to church. | 只停留在涂着口红去做礼拜 |
[14:26] | You act like I’m not presentable. | 你说得我好像很不得体似的 |
[14:29] | Check your closet. | 看看你的衣橱 |
[14:31] | Got anything in there beside tweed and sensible shoes? | 除了粗花呢的大号鞋以外还有别的吗 |
[14:36] | No. | 没有 |
[14:38] | Because you’re a frump, | 因为你是个老妈子 |
[14:39] | and there’s nothing wrong with that. | 这没什么不对的 |
[14:42] | But they don’t let frumps | 但她们是不会让老妈子 |
[14:44] | into the Elysian Park Garden Club. | 加入极乐公园园艺俱乐部的 |
[15:08] | Gigi, how’s the party coming along? | 吉吉 派对筹备得怎么样了 |
[15:11] | We made splendid progress. | 我们取得了巨大的进展 |
[15:13] | I made those changes to the menu. | 我对菜单做了一些修改 |
[15:16] | Excellent. | 棒极了 |
[15:17] | And what about the music? | 那音乐伴奏呢 |
[15:19] | This is Uta Klug, | 这位是乌塔·克鲁格 |
[15:22] | Poland’s most famous concert harpist. | 波兰最著名的竖琴演奏家 |
[15:25] | She’s agreed to play Saturday. | 她同意周六前来演奏 |
[15:26] | – Miss Klug, what an honor. – Thank you. | -克鲁格小姐 我们荣幸至极 -谢谢 |
[15:29] | Ooh, and are those the dahlias? | 那里是大丽花吗 |
[15:32] | Oh, Gigi. They’re lovely. | 吉吉 真是太美了 |
[15:35] | You’ve outdone yourself. | 这次你真的超常发挥了 |
[15:38] | This will be my most elegant party ever. | 这将是我有史以来举办的最优雅的派对 |
[15:40] | Hey, Rita! | 丽塔 |
[15:43] | What do you want, Carlo?! | 你要干什么 卡洛 |
[15:44] | Where the hell is my blue suit? | 我那该死的蓝色西装呢 |
[15:47] | Give me a sec! I’m busy! | 等我一下 我忙着呢 |
[15:52] | I need my suit. | 我要我的西装 |
[15:55] | Yes, I can see that. | 是的 显而易见 |
[15:58] | Would you put on some pants? We have company. | 能劳烦你穿上裤子吗 我们有客人在 |
[16:01] | Oh, will you relax? | 放轻松 |
[16:03] | I haven’t got anything | 我身上没有什么 |
[16:04] | that these ladies haven’t seen before. | 是在座的女士们没有见过的 |
[16:08] | Well, most of them, anyway. | 总之大多数都见过 |
[16:21] | Bertie. | 伯特 |
[16:25] | I ran into Rita Castillo today, | 我今天遇见丽塔·卡斯蒂罗了 |
[16:27] | and she invited me to a party. | 她邀请我去参加一个聚会 |
[16:29] | All the Garden Club ladies will be there. | 所有园艺俱乐部的女士都会去 |
[16:31] | And if I present well, | 如果我能留下好印象 |
[16:33] | I might have a real chance at being nominated. | 也许我真有机会被提名 |
[16:38] | Oh, I see. | 这样 |
[16:39] | Of course, I, I would need a new dress. | 当然 我需要一条新裙子 |
[16:44] | Something exquisite. | 很精致的那种 |
[16:47] | That will take people’s breath away. | 能惊艳全场 |
[16:51] | Right, right, and, uh… | 好 好 那么… |
[16:53] | how much do you think that would cost? | 你觉得需要多少钱 |
[16:55] | Bertram, this is no time to pinch pennies. | 伯特伦 这不是精打细算的时候 |
[16:58] | That club is filled with stylish women. | 这个俱乐部全是时髦的女性 |
[17:00] | And I, on the other hand, am… | 而我 正相反 |
[17:03] | drab and shabby. | 了无生气 衣衫褴褛 |
[17:06] | If I have any hope of getting in, | 如果想得到机会加入 |
[17:07] | I have to be just as chic as they are. | 我就必须和她们一样时髦 |
[17:09] | Yes. Of course. | 是的 当然 |
[17:11] | Ah. Oh, what about the blue dress I bought you? | 我给你买的那条蓝色裙子怎么样 |
[17:13] | Why can’t you just wear that? | 穿那个不行吗 |
[17:14] | Because no one ever remembers my name! | 因为从没有人记得住我的名字 |
[17:18] | I go through life introducing myself | 我在生活里总是要跟 |
[17:20] | over and over to people that I’ve already met. | 已经见过的人反复介绍自己 |
[17:25] | And when they finally do recall meeting me, they don’t say, | 当他们终于想起来曾经见过我 他们不会说 |
[17:27] | “Oh, Alma.” No, I’m… | “原来是艾尔玛” 不 我只是… |
[17:31] | I’m the veterinarian’s wife. | 我只是那个兽医的妻子 |
[17:35] | I have got to start making an impression. | 我必须开始给别人留下印象 |
[17:39] | I can’t do that in some dowdy old blue dress. | 靠那条过时的陈旧蓝裙子不可能做到 |
[17:43] | I need to be spectacular. | 我要光彩照人 |
[17:47] | For once in my life. | 哪怕就这一次 |
[17:57] | Here. | 拿去 |
[18:02] | Take it all. | 全部拿去 |
[18:05] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:06] | Spend every last cent. | 一分钱也别剩 |
[18:08] | I want people to remember your name. | 我想要人名记住你的名字 |
[18:12] | Oh, Bertie. | 伯特 |
[18:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:25] | Maybe it’s time we turn in? | 也许是时候去睡觉了 |
[18:27] | Oh. I couldn’t possibly sleep now. | 我现在怎么睡得着 |
[18:29] | I’ve got too much planning to do. | 我有好多事要计划 |
[18:31] | Only got two days till the party. | 离聚会就两天了 |
[18:33] | Two days to get a dress and shoes. | 两天内要搞定裙子和鞋子 |
[18:34] | – I’ve got to have shoes. – Yes, shoes. | -我得买鞋子 -对 鞋子 |
[18:40] | My Bertie… | 我的伯特 |
[18:42] | You’ve made me so happy. | 你让我好幸福 |
[18:45] | Lovely. | 真好 |
[18:50] | Actually, I’m not that tired either. | 我其实也不困 |
[18:52] | I might go for a walk. D-Do you mind? | 我想出去走走 你介意吗 |
[18:55] | No, not at all. | 一点也不 |
[18:58] | Lovely. | 好的 |
[19:09] | ♪ To the sunny side of the street ♪ | ♪去街道阳光明媚的那一边♪ |
[19:11] | ♪ Can’t you hear a pitter-pat? ♪ | ♪你听不到雨声吗♪ |
[19:15] | ♪ And that happy tune is your step ♪ | ♪那快乐的调子是你的步伐♪ |
[19:19] | ♪ Life can be so sweet ♪ | ♪生活可以很温馨♪ |
[19:23] | ♪ On the sunny side ♪ | ♪在阳光明媚的那一边♪ |
[19:27] | ♪ On the sunny side ♪ | ♪在阳光明媚的那一边♪ |
[19:31] | ♪ On the sunny ♪ | ♪阳光明媚♪ |
[19:34] | ♪ Sunny side of the Street. ♪ | ♪在街道阳光明媚的那一边♪ |
[19:45] | I can’t believe you came, Doc. | 你竟然来了 医生 |
[19:47] | Curiosity got the better of me. | 禁不住好奇心的驱使 |
[19:50] | Thanks, Sid. | 谢谢 希德 |
[19:55] | You’re looking at my bruises. | 你在看我的淤青 |
[19:57] | I, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t stare. | 抱歉 我不该看的 |
[19:59] | Relax. | 淡定 |
[20:01] | No one’s roughing me up. | 没人打我 |
[20:03] | I got a condition. | 我得了一种病 |
[20:05] | So… where’s your wife tonight? | 你妻子今晚在哪 |
[20:09] | She not a music lover? | 她不喜欢音乐吗 |
[20:11] | She’s just had, uh, a lot on her mind lately. | 她最近有很多心事 |
[20:15] | Everything but you, huh? | 就是不包括你 是吗 |
[20:17] | Don’t get me wrong. | 别误会 |
[20:19] | I do love her. | 我爱她 |
[20:21] | Yet here you are. | 但你还是来了 |
[20:24] | Yet here I am. | 但我来了 |
[20:30] | It’s getting late. | 挺晚的了 |
[20:32] | Come on, Doc. | 别这样 医生 |
[20:34] | Have one more drink with Maisie. | 再跟麦茜喝一杯 |
[20:39] | All right, yes, one-one more. | 好吧 就一杯 |
[20:43] | Hey, Sid. | 希德 |
[21:33] | Evening, Mister. | 晚上好 先生 |
[21:35] | Welcome to the Orange Grove Diner. | 欢迎来到橙树林餐馆 |
[21:38] | Our special tonight is meatloaf, | 今晚的特色菜是肉卷 |
[21:40] | but between you and me, it’s not that special. | 但悄悄告诉你 也没什么特色 |
[21:44] | Yeah, I’ll just, uh, I’ll just have some coffee. | 好吧 那我就 我就点杯咖啡吧 |
[21:46] | Wise choice. How do you like it? | 明智的决定 什么口味的咖啡 |
[21:48] | Blonde and sweet. | 金发甜美的 |
[21:54] | We’re talking about coffee. Right? | 说的是咖啡吧 |
[21:59] | Yeah, that’s just, uh, | 是的 这只是 |
[22:00] | it’s my fancy way of saying cream and sugar. | 我表达加奶油和糖的高级方式 |
[22:02] | Cute. | 真可爱 |
[22:05] | You know, that paper you’re pretending to read is two days old. | 你装模作样看的报纸是两天前的 |
[22:08] | So it is. | 没错 |
[22:10] | Well, you got something newer? | 有什么新一点的东西看吗 |
[22:12] | Well, I just finished this. | 我刚看完这个 |
[22:15] | Give it a try. | 要不试试 |
[22:18] | Masters of Crime. | 《犯罪大师》 |
[22:20] | Huh. You read this stuff? | 你喜欢看这个 |
[22:23] | Oh, I love a good murder. | 我可喜欢看精彩的谋杀故事 |
[22:24] | The bloodier, the better. | 越血腥越好 |
[22:26] | See… | 那个 |
[22:27] | violence doesn’t bother me. | 我不介意暴力 |
[22:31] | -Is that so? -Yeah. | -真的吗 -是啊 |
[22:33] | Keep that in mind when you tip me. | 给小费的时候可别忘了这点 |
[22:40] | ♪ Life can be so sweet ♪ | ♪在街道阳光明媚的那一边♪ |
[22:44] | ♪ On the sunny side Of the street. ♪ | ♪生活可以很温馨♪ |
[22:54] | That was Joe’s favorite song. | 这是乔最爱的歌曲 |
[22:57] | He was my brother. | 他是我弟弟 |
[22:59] | Died in the war. | 死于战争 |
[23:01] | Oh. I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[23:04] | Got any other family? | 你有其他家人吗 |
[23:06] | Nope. He was the last one. | 没有 他是最后一个 |
[23:08] | Don’t got many friends left either. | 我也没剩多少朋友 |
[23:10] | But, hey… | 但是 |
[23:13] | I got you now. | 我现在有你了 |
[23:14] | You certainly do. | 是啊 |
[23:18] | Want to come up? | 要上来吗 |
[23:20] | Have a nightcap? | 睡前喝一杯 |
[23:29] | It’s late, yeah. | 有点晚了 |
[23:31] | I have work in the morning. | 我早上还要工作 |
[23:35] | Rain check? | 改天再约 |
[23:36] | Yeah. Yes. | 好的 |
[25:14] | Madam? | 夫人 |
[25:16] | Found anything you like? | 有您喜欢的吗 |
[25:20] | Yes. Well, everything in here is just… | 有 这里的一切都 |
[25:23] | stunning. | 太美了 |
[25:25] | just out of curiosity, | 就是出于好奇 |
[25:28] | do you have anything in a… | 这儿有 |
[25:30] | a slightly lower price range? | 稍微便宜一点的样式吗 |
[25:32] | Not really. | 基本没有 |
[25:34] | Are you sure? I… | 真的吗 我… |
[25:36] | I’m on a somewhat limited budget. | 我预算有限 |
[25:38] | We have a saying here: “If you cannot afford fashion, | 我们这里的说法是 “如果买不起时装 |
[25:41] | you must settle for clothes.” | 就只好将就穿衣服” |
[26:06] | I’ll take four yards of this fuchsia taffeta. | 这条紫红色塔夫绸我要4码 |
[26:10] | You know, I’m going to an elegant garden party on Saturday, | 我周六要参加一场精致的园艺聚会 |
[26:13] | on Saturday, and I need to be noticed. | 我得引人注目 |
[26:16] | This should do it. | 那这应该可以 |
[26:26] | You drink too much. | 你喝太多了 |
[26:28] | Do I? | 是吗 |
[26:31] | It makes you do ugly things. | 这会让你做出丑恶之事 |
[26:34] | Like humiliate me in front of the help. | 比如在佣人面前羞辱我 |
[26:36] | I like taking you down a peg | 我喜欢在你扮贵妇人的时候 |
[26:38] | when you’re, uh, playing the Grand Lady. | 灭灭你的威风 |
[26:41] | It’s the role you hired me for. | 你雇我就是要我扮演这角色 |
[26:46] | You were late, uh, getting home yesterday. | 你昨天很晚才回家 |
[26:50] | Where did you go? | 你去哪了 |
[26:51] | I had a dress fitting in Bel Air. | 我去贝莱尔试裙子了 |
[26:53] | Liar. | 说谎 |
[26:55] | I checked your car’s odometer. | 我看了你车上的里程表 |
[26:57] | You drove three times that far. | 你开的距离是去那里的三倍 |
[27:00] | Oh, now you’re checking my mileage? | 你现在还查我的英里数了 |
[27:02] | You have a lover. | 你有个情人 |
[27:05] | I know it. | 我知道 |
[27:06] | Lord. | 老天 |
[27:07] | We haven’t made it to dessert, and you’re already blotto. | 我们还没吃到餐后甜点 你就已经醉了 |
[27:10] | I’ll bet he’s young and pretty and, uh, for sale. | 他肯定年轻英俊 而且可以花钱买到 |
[27:15] | Just like you were. | 就像你以前一样 |
[27:16] | I’m not listening to this. | 我不要听你说这些疯话 |
[27:17] | It must be tough… | 一定很难受吧 |
[27:19] | getting old. | 人老珠黄 |
[27:22] | Having to pay | 不得不花钱买 |
[27:23] | for what you used to sell. | 你以前出卖的东西 |
[27:28] | That’s it. | 够了 |
[27:30] | You pathetic son of a bitch. | 你这个可悲的混蛋 |
[27:33] | I’m cutting you off. | 我不让你喝了 |
[27:35] | No more whiskey. | 不准再喝威士忌 |
[27:38] | He’ll turn out to be more expensive than you ever were. | 他最终会比你以前的身价贵多了 |
[27:42] | Because when I catch you, he’ll cost you everything. | 因为等我抓到你偷腥 他会害你失去一切 |
[27:47] | Go ahead. | 继续喝吧 |
[27:49] | Drink the whole bottle. See if I care. | 把整瓶喝光好了 我才不在乎 |
[28:07] | Nice try, Mendoza. | 想得美 门多萨 |
[28:09] | But I want the money and the dame. | 但我要钱也要美人 |
[28:13] | Nice try, Mendoza. | 想得美 门多萨 |
[28:15] | But I want the money and the dame. | 但我要钱也要美人 |
[28:23] | Hello? | 喂 |
[28:24] | Scooter… | 斯库特 |
[28:26] | there’s been a change of plans. | 计划有变 |
[28:40] | No. | 不 |
[28:41] | Oh, no. | 糟了 |
[28:42] | No, the needle. | 不 针断了 |
[28:45] | No. | 不 |
[29:05] | What? | 什么 |
[29:14] | 伊尼德·多兰 1945年2月14日 | |
[29:25] | You’re still up? | 你还没睡 |
[29:27] | It’s almost 4:00. | 都快四点了 |
[29:28] | My dress isn’t finished yet, and the party’s tomorrow. | 我的裙子还没做好 明天就是聚会了 |
[29:31] | I found this up in the attic. | 我在阁楼上找到了这个 |
[29:33] | Do you know where it came from? | 你知道这是哪来的吗 |
[29:35] | Maybe it was Grandma’s. | 可能是奶奶的吧 |
[29:36] | Did you ask Dad? | 你问爸了吗 |
[29:38] | He’s asleep. | 他睡了 |
[29:39] | The tag says “February 14, 1945” | 标签上写着 “1945年2月14日” |
[29:42] | and it’s got the name “Enid Dolan” Written on it. | 然后还标着伊尼德·多兰这个名字 |
[29:46] | That’s odd. | 好奇怪 |
[29:48] | Well, it’s in our attic. | 是在咱家阁楼发现的 |
[29:50] | Guess it’s yours now. | 那就是属于你的了 |
[29:53] | – Good night. – Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[30:13] | Hello, lover. | 你好 爱人 |
[30:15] | Are you sure this is safe? | 你确定这么干安全吗 |
[30:17] | Relax. | 放心 |
[30:17] | Carlo’s upstairs, dead drunk. | 卡洛在楼上醉死过去了 |
[30:20] | It’s just, these are nice digs. | 只不过 这里都是好东西 |
[30:22] | I’d hate to see you get evicted. | 我不想见到你被轰出去 |
[30:28] | What if we did get caught? | 如果我们真被抓住了怎么办 |
[30:31] | Would I lose my appeal if I didn’t have Carlo’s money? | 没有了卡洛的钱 我对你来说还有吸引力吗 |
[30:35] | You think your only appeal is your money? | 你认为你唯一有吸引力的地方是你的钱 |
[30:38] | I thought a house this size might have some mirrors in it. | 我还以为这么大的房子总会有几面镜子 |
[30:42] | Oh, that was sweet. Thank you. | 你嘴真甜 谢谢 |
[30:45] | To tell you the truth… | 跟你说实话… |
[30:48] | I’m not that thirsty. | 我其实没那么渴 |
[31:23] | Rita? | 丽塔 |
[31:26] | Carlo? | 卡洛 |
[31:28] | Are you up? | 你醒了 |
[31:29] | Who’s down there? | 谁在楼下 |
[31:30] | I hear a man. | 我听到男人的声音 |
[31:34] | It was just the radio. | 那只是广播的声音 |
[31:35] | Go back to bed. | 回床上去吧 |
[31:37] | I got you. | 我抓到你了 |
[31:39] | I got you. Got you. Got you. | 我抓到你了 抓到你了 抓到你了 |
[32:30] | Darling, we just heard Carlo’s in the hospital. | 亲爱的 我们刚刚听说卡洛住院了 |
[32:33] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[32:34] | Oh, he took a nasty fall down the stairs last night | 他昨天晚上不幸从楼梯上摔下来了 |
[32:37] | and had a stroke. | 引发了中风 |
[32:39] | The doctors aren’t sure he’ll make it. | 医生不确定他能不能挺过去 |
[32:41] | Oh, Rita, you-you should go to him. | 丽塔 你应该去陪着他 |
[32:42] | We’ll-we’ll hold the fort down here. | 这里有我们撑着场面 |
[32:44] | The last thing you want to do today is host a memorial for Vonda. | 今天你肯定不想给旺达举办悼念仪式 |
[32:48] | No. | 是的 |
[32:50] | This is now a tribute to Carlo. | 现在这也是致敬卡洛 |
[32:53] | And the garden he loved so very much. | 还有他珍爱的花园 |
[32:55] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[33:03] | May I pour Madam a glass of wine? | 请问夫人要来杯酒吗 |
[33:05] | Are you insane? | 你疯了吗 |
[33:07] | My husband just had a stroke. | 我丈夫刚刚中风了 |
[33:08] | He’s at death’s door. | 他性命垂危 |
[33:11] | Put it in a teacup. | 倒进茶杯里 |
[33:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:28] | Very much. | 非常感谢 |
[33:37] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[33:43] | Alma? | 艾尔玛 |
[33:45] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[33:46] | Rita. Yes. | 丽塔 当然了 |
[33:48] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[33:49] | I was just admiring your flowers. | 我只是在欣赏你的花 |
[33:52] | They’re, they’re glorious. | 它们漂亮极了 |
[33:54] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[33:55] | You have mulch in your bow. | 你蝴蝶结里有些护根 |
[34:00] | So I do. | 是啊 |
[34:02] | Can’t take me anywhere. | 瞧我真是的 |
[34:05] | So… | 所以说… |
[34:07] | splendid party. | 真是场盛宴啊 |
[34:09] | Are you having fun? | 你玩得开心吗 |
[34:10] | My husband had a stroke last night. | 我丈夫昨晚中风 |
[34:13] | – He might not survive. – Oh, dear. | -他可能活不下来 -天呐 |
[34:16] | I started the day convinced I would never laugh again. | 我今早本来以为我再也笑不出来 |
[34:19] | And then… | 然后 |
[34:20] | you walked in, wearing that frock. | 你走了进来 穿着那罩袍 |
[34:26] | Oh, bless you, Alma. | 上帝保佑你 艾尔玛 |
[35:05] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[35:07] | Sorry, Scooter. | 抱歉 斯库特 |
[35:22] | It’s Alma, right? | 是艾尔玛 对吗 |
[35:23] | Yes. That’s me. | 是的 就是我 |
[35:25] | Alma Fillcot. | 艾尔玛·菲尔科特 |
[35:26] | Grace Burk. I’m glad you could make it. | 格蕾丝·博克 很高兴你能来 |
[35:28] | Oh, me, too. | 我也是 |
[35:30] | Yeah, everything is just… | 这里的一切 |
[35:32] | lovely. | 都好美 |
[35:34] | Do I still have mulch in my bow? | 我蝴蝶结里还有护根吗 |
[35:35] | No, forgive me. | 没有 抱歉 |
[35:36] | I-I was just looking at that cameo you’re wearing. | 我是在看你戴的那颗浮雕宝石 |
[35:39] | It’s pretty, isn’t it? | 很漂亮吧 |
[35:40] | My Aunt Enid had one just like it. | 我姨妈伊尼德有一颗跟这个一样的 |
[35:45] | – Enid? – My mother’s sister. | -伊尼德 -我妈妈的姐姐 |
[35:47] | She died, um, four years ago now. | 她四年前去世 |
[35:50] | On Valentine’s Day. | 情人节那天 |
[35:53] | That’s, um, February 14, isn’t it? | 是2月14号 对吗 |
[35:56] | I remember because I had gotten her some candy. | 我记得是因为我当时给她买了糖果 |
[35:59] | Then I walked into her home and I found her, | 然后我去她家 发现她 |
[36:02] | well, dead on the sofa. | 死在了沙发上 |
[36:07] | I’m, I’m very sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[36:11] | Oh, my good… I don’t believe it. | 我的天 难以置信 |
[36:12] | Bet-Betsy is here. | 贝琪来了 |
[36:14] | Excuse me, Alma. | 失陪了 艾尔玛 |
[36:16] | Betsy. | 贝琪 |
[36:23] | 给伊尼德 爱你的杰克 | |
[36:30] | A waiter said you wanted to see me. | 一个服务员说你想见我 |
[36:32] | The doctor from the hospital is on the phone. | 医院的一个医生来电 |
[36:33] | He needs to talk to you. | 他找你 |
[36:37] | Hello, Doctor. | 你好 大夫 |
[36:39] | This is Mrs. Castillo. | 我是卡斯蒂罗夫人 |
[36:40] | Any news about my husband? | 我的丈夫怎么样了 |
[36:42] | We’ve done some tests. | 我们做了一些检测 |
[36:43] | The stroke he suffered was very serious. | 他的中风很严重 |
[36:47] | And… | 所以 |
[36:48] | But he’s a fighter. | 但他意志力很顽强 |
[36:49] | His vital signs are getting stronger by the hour. | 他的生命体征每小时都在好转 |
[36:52] | Stronger? | 好转 |
[36:53] | He may not regain his speech or basic motor function. | 他可能再也说不了话 无法动弹 |
[36:56] | But with home nursing and loving care from you, | 但只要你在家精心护理 照料 |
[37:00] | he could live another 20 years. | 再活20年不是问题 |
[37:05] | No! No! No! No! No! | 不不不 |
[37:14] | Excuse me, Mrs. Burk. | 打扰一下 伯克夫人 |
[37:17] | Sorry. | 你好 |
[37:18] | I wanted to give you this. | 我想给你这个 |
[37:20] | Your cameo? | 你的浮雕宝石 |
[37:22] | – Don’t be silly. – No, I, I… | -不用了 -不 我 我 |
[37:24] | I think it was your aunt’s. | 我认为这是你姨妈的 |
[37:26] | Read the inscription. | 看上面刻的字 |
[37:32] | I, I don’t understand. H-How…? | 我不明白 怎么会 |
[37:34] | Oh, I, I, I bought it. | 我 我买下的 |
[37:38] | Years ago, at a rummage sale. | 多年前 清仓拍卖时看中了 |
[37:41] | At my church. | 在我的教堂里 |
[37:43] | And here I always thought | 我一直认为 |
[37:44] | one of her nurses had sticky fingers. | 是照理她的护士偷的 |
[37:48] | W-Well, obviously I will reimburse you. | 我这就把钱补给你 |
[37:50] | What did you pay for it? | 花了多少钱 |
[37:51] | Don’t be silly. It’s a family heirloom. | 不用了 这可是传家宝 |
[37:53] | It was an honor to return it. | 能让它物归原主我也很高兴 |
[37:56] | It’s-it’s late. I have to go. | 很晚了 我要走了 |
[37:58] | So, excuse me. | 再见 |
[37:59] | It’s nice to… | 很开心 |
[38:03] | Was that the veterinarian’s wife? | 那是兽医的妻子吗 |
[38:06] | Her name is Alma. | 她叫艾尔玛 |
[38:10] | And she is just the sweetest little thing. | 她真的太善良了 |
[38:14] | I wonder if she’d be interested in joining our club. | 不知道她是否有兴趣加入我们的俱乐部 |
[38:23] | That sure was nice. | 真爽 |
[38:25] | And then some. | 岂止是爽 |
[38:28] | Go ahead. | 接吧 |
[38:30] | You don’t want to keep your rich girlfriend waiting. | 别让你的富家女友等太久了 |
[38:36] | Hello. | 你好 |
[38:39] | It’s my agent. | 是我的经纪人 |
[38:46] | Oh, no. That’s all right, Max. | 不 没关系 麦克斯 |
[38:48] | Yeah, it wasn’t much of a part anyway. | 本来也不是什么大角色 |
[38:54] | All right. Bye. | 好的 拜拜 |
[39:03] | The story about Lana Turner getting discovered at Schwab’s… | 拉娜·特纳在施瓦布药店被星探挖掘的故事 |
[39:07] | it’s a lie. | 那是一个谎言 |
[39:09] | Careers take time. You just got to be patient. | 事业要慢慢发展 你一定要耐心 |
[39:12] | You really think I have a shot? | 你真的认为我有机会吗 |
[39:15] | Oh. With that kisser? | 凭你那张脸 |
[39:17] | Of course you do. | 你当然有机会 |
[39:22] | I wish my rich lady friend was nice like you. | 真希望我那位富家小姐像你一样好 |
[39:26] | She pays your bills. | 她为你付账单 |
[39:28] | She doesn’t have to be nice. | 所以她不一定要人好 |
[39:31] | I feel really bad making you dress like that. | 真的很抱歉要让你穿成那样 |
[39:34] | But if my lady friend found out about us… | 但如果我女朋友发现我们 |
[39:36] | It’s okay, Scoot. | 没关系 斯库特 |
[39:38] | I know the score. | 我知道孰轻孰重 |
[39:40] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[39:42] | Maybe I’ll kick her to the curb one day. | 也许哪天我会踹了她 |
[39:44] | And then you and I will… | 那样我们就 |
[39:46] | Do me a favor. | 帮我一个忙 |
[39:49] | Don’t make promises you’ll never keep. | 别做出你兑现不了的诺言 |
[40:23] | Hello. | 你好 |
[40:25] | Doc. | 医生 |
[40:27] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里做什么 |
[40:29] | Well, I was in the neighborhood. | 我恰巧在附近 |
[40:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:33] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[40:39] | I wish I’d known you were coming. | 如果我知道你会来就好了 |
[40:41] | The place is in such a state. | 我这里太乱了 |
[40:42] | No. No, everything’s fine. | 不 没事 一切都挺好的 |
[40:45] | I’ll just go put these in some water. | 我去把它们放进水里 |
[40:47] | Sure. | 好的 |
[40:53] | Oh, yeah. | 对 |
[40:56] | I’ve been seeing some doctor. | 我最近在看医生 |
[40:59] | He says I got cirrhosis. | 他说我得了肝硬化 |
[41:06] | It seems I’m dying. | 我可能快死了 |
[41:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:12] | What do you mean you know? | 什么意思 |
[41:13] | You’re tired. | 你面露倦色 |
[41:15] | Your skin is jaundiced. You have bruises. | 皮肤发黄 身上还有淤青 |
[41:20] | Way I see it… | 在我看来… |
[41:23] | …we all got to die. | 人终有一死 |
[41:27] | Sooner or later, right? | 不过是早晚的问题 对吧 |
[41:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:32] | That’s why we need to enjoy ourselves while we can. | 所以我们要及时行乐 |
[41:39] | Chateau Bridgette. | 布丽奇特酒庄的酒 |
[41:40] | It’s a rather good year. | 年份挺不错的 |
[41:43] | Doc. | 医生 |
[41:44] | You shouldn’t have. | 不该这么破费的 |
[41:47] | You sit. | 你坐 |
[41:48] | I’ll pour. | 我来倒酒 |
[43:23] | 斯科特·麦金尼斯 1943年10月8日 | |
[43:43] | I didn’t know you were in the Ziegfeld Follies. | 没想到你还进过齐格飞歌舞团 |
[43:45] | Honey, what you don’t know about me is a lot. | 亲爱的 你不知道我的事还很多 |
[43:49] | I started as a chorus girl. | 我一开始是合唱团的 |
[43:53] | Did a whole number, | 唱了一整首曲子 |
[43:54] | coming down a long staircase, | 从长长的台阶上走下 |
[43:57] | never looking down, not even once. | 不能向下看 一眼都不行 |
[44:00] | “Eyes out to the audience.” | “目视观众” |
[44:02] | That’s what Mr. Ziegfeld always said. | 齐格飞先生总这么说 |
[44:09] | I feel funny. | 我感觉有点怪 |
[44:14] | – The room is spinning. – Let me help you. | -房间在旋转 -我来扶你 |
[44:17] | Something’s happening to me, Doc. | 我有点不舒服 医生 |
[44:20] | It’s just the sedative I put in your wine. | 我在你的酒里放了镇静剂 |
[44:22] | It’s relaxing you. That’s all. | 帮你放松 仅此而已 |
[44:26] | I can barely move. | 我不能动了 |
[44:30] | Don’t try and talk. | 别动也别说话 |
[44:32] | You know, it’s, uh, it’s funny. | 说来好笑 |
[44:35] | We take such good care of our pets. | 我们精心照顾我们的宠物 |
[44:38] | When a dog or cat is ready to die… | 当一只狗或者猫要死的时候 |
[44:43] | …we help them. | 我们会帮助它们 |
[44:48] | I’m very much of the opinion | 我坚定认为 |
[44:51] | we should show human beings the same kindness. | 我们应该对人类展现出同样的仁慈 |
[45:01] | The disease you have is awful. | 你患的疾病很糟糕 |
[45:06] | The end will come slowly… | 死亡会来得很缓慢 |
[45:10] | cruelly. | 残酷 |
[45:12] | Hearing you have no family, no one to take care of you. | 听说你没有家人 没人来照顾你 |
[45:15] | I couldn’t just stand idly by and do nothing. | 我无法坐视不管 |
[45:33] | You were an exceptional woman. | 你是个非凡的女人 |
[45:37] | You need to know that your life had meaning. | 你有必要知道你的人生有意义 |
[45:41] | You brought joy. | 你带来了欢乐 |
[45:44] | You were loved. | 你被人宠爱 |
[45:47] | And you will be remembered. | 你也会被铭记 |
[46:56] | Alma? | 艾尔玛 |
[47:35] | 麦茜·莫兰 1949年10月3日 |