时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Previously on Why Women Kill… | |
[00:06] | She deserved a beautiful death. | 她值得美好地死去 |
[00:07] | You put her to sleep? | 你让她安乐死 |
[00:09] | Like she was a dog? | 把她当成狗 |
[00:10] | She was on the verge of so much suffering. | 她即将遭受极大的痛苦 |
[00:12] | – They all were. – They all were? | -他们都如此 -他们都如此 |
[00:15] | The Elysian Park Garden Club can’t be associated | 极乐公园园艺俱乐部不能 |
[00:18] | with a public scandal. | 跟社会丑闻扯上关系 |
[00:19] | That would be awkward. | 那就尴尬了 |
[00:21] | Go ahead. | 接吧 |
[00:22] | You don’t want to keep your rich girlfriend waiting. | 别让你的富家女友等太久了 |
[00:24] | Scooter, I’ve been thinking. | 斯库特 我一直在想 |
[00:26] | How’d you like to come live with me? | 你愿意跟我一起住吗 |
[00:27] | Well, what about Carlo? | 那卡洛呢 |
[00:28] | The doctors say it’s like he’s trapped in his own body. | 医生说他就像是被困在了自己身体里 |
[00:31] | Catherine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[00:32] | I brought you a present. | 我给你带了份礼物 |
[00:34] | Your husband. Come on, Papa. | 你丈夫 来吧 爸爸 |
[00:36] | Home sweet home. | 回家真好 |
[00:38] | – Did Scooter’s rich lady friend hire you? – Yeah. | -你是斯库特的有钱情人雇来的吗 -对 |
[00:41] | I thought you were going to turn me into the police. | 我以为你会向警察告发我 |
[00:43] | You have murdered dozens of people. | 你已经谋杀了几十个人 |
[00:45] | There will be no more death! | 不能再死人了 |
[00:51] | There’s going to be so many questions. | 一定会有很多问题的 |
[01:08] | Good morning, Mrs. Yost. | 早上好 约斯特太太 |
[01:11] | Mrs. Carol Yost had lived next door | 卡萝尔・约斯特太太 |
[01:13] | to Alma Fillcot for 20 years. | 在艾尔玛・菲尔科特隔壁住了20年 |
[01:16] | And Alma had done everything she could to befriend her neighbor. | 艾尔玛为了跟她邻居做朋友什么都做过 |
[01:20] | She had invited Mrs. Yost to birthday parties, | 她邀请约斯特太太参加生日派对 |
[01:23] | to backyard barbecues | 后院烧烤 |
[01:25] | and to Christmas sing-a-longs. | 圣诞节歌咏会 |
[01:28] | But Mrs. Yost always declined | 但约斯特太太总是拒绝 |
[01:30] | to attend any of Alma’s gatherings. | 参加艾尔玛的任何聚会 |
[01:34] | Until the night the Fillcots threw a funeral. | 直到菲尔科特夫妇举行葬礼的那晚 |
[01:37] | Mrs. Yost was forced to attend this time, because, well… | 约斯特太太这次被迫参加 因为… |
[01:41] | …she was the guest of honor. | 她是主宾 |
[01:46] | Shouldn’t the hole be deeper? | 不该再挖深一点吗 |
[01:48] | I can’t go any deeper. | 没法再往下挖了 |
[01:50] | There are pipes everywhere. | 到处都是管子 |
[01:51] | I… I don’t… | 我 我不… |
[01:54] | Hey, grab her arms. I’ll get her legs. | 你抬她的胳膊 我抬她的腿 |
[01:58] | – Ready? – Yes. | -准备好没 -嗯 |
[02:05] | Okay. Should we say a few words first? | 好了 我们要不要先说几句话 |
[02:08] | No. | 不 |
[02:09] | What if one of our neighbors decides to take a midnight stroll? | 万一哪个邻居决定半夜出来散步呢 |
[02:12] | Can we at least bury her with some flowers? | 那至少可以给她放点花吧 |
[02:14] | Oh, of course. Yes, that would be lovely. | 当然 那会很不错 |
[02:15] | Yes. Okay. | 好的 |
[02:17] | Yes. Flowers… | 花 |
[02:18] | – No, no, no. – Mm? | -不不不 -怎么了 |
[02:19] | Not daisies. Mrs. Yost hated those. | 不要雏菊 约斯特太太讨厌雏菊 |
[02:22] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[02:23] | Oh. We talked once, over the fence. | 我们在栅栏旁聊过一次 |
[02:25] | – About daisies? – Well… | -聊雏菊 -这个 |
[02:27] | flowers in general. | 主要就是聊花 |
[02:29] | She used to grow orchids with her husband. | 她以前跟她老公种兰花 |
[02:31] | – I didn’t know that. – Yes. | -我都不知道 -是啊 |
[02:33] | She was full of all sorts of fascinating botanical opinions. | 她对植物有很多有意思的看法 |
[02:37] | Oh. Did she ever say anything about my garden? | 她评价过我的花园吗 |
[02:41] | All these years, | 这么多年来 |
[02:43] | I’ve always wondered what Mrs. Yost thought of it. | 我都一直想知道约斯特太太的想法 |
[02:48] | I think I can see someone coming in the distance. | 我好像看到远处有人朝这走来 |
[02:50] | Let’s discuss this later. | 我们回头再聊这个 |
[02:52] | Bertram. | 伯特伦 |
[02:53] | What did she say? | 她说了什么 |
[02:56] | Mrs. Yost thought your garden was common. | 约斯特太太觉得你的花园很普通 |
[03:00] | Common? | 普通 |
[03:01] | She felt that poppies and daisies were… | 她认为罂粟花和雏菊是… |
[03:04] | unambitious flowers. | 缺乏野心的花 |
[03:05] | Designed for gardeners with a more… | 选择这些花种的园艺师… |
[03:08] | pedestrian taste. | 审美都很乏味 |
[03:13] | She really said that? | 她真这么说了吗 |
[03:14] | Yes. I’m so sorry. | 是的 我很遗憾 |
[03:17] | No. It’s good. | 不 这很好 |
[03:19] | It’s good that I finally know. | 我终于知道了 是好事 |
[03:24] | I am now prepared to bury Mrs. Yost. | 我现在准备好埋葬约斯特太太了 |
[03:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:29] | As she watched Mrs. Yost’s burial, | 看着约斯特太太被掩埋 |
[03:31] | Alma’s hurt feelings were soothed | 艾尔玛的受伤心情 |
[03:34] | by the most ironic of thoughts. | 逐渐被讽刺的想法抚慰 |
[03:37] | The woman who’d spent 20 years | 那个过去二十年来 |
[03:39] | looking down on her flowers… | 一直看不起她种的花的女人 |
[03:42] | would now spend eternity | 如今只能永远 |
[03:44] | looking up at them. | 仰视她的花 |
[03:58] | 致命女人 | |
[04:10] | The next morning, | 第二天早上 |
[04:10] | Alma Fillcot awoke with a horrible thought. | 艾尔玛・菲尔科特醒来时有个可怕的想法 |
[04:14] | She was now a woman with a secret. | 她现在有不可告人的秘密 |
[04:17] | This idea was so disturbing, | 这念头太令人心烦 |
[04:19] | she failed to notice the colors of her world had changed | 以致她没注意到她世界的色彩 |
[04:22] | ever so slightly. | 发生了细微变化 |
[04:25] | And everything was more vibrant than before. | 一切都比之前更鲜艳了 |
[04:32] | Morning, my darling. | 早上好 亲爱的 |
[04:33] | I’m cooking bacon and eggs. | 我在煮培根和鸡蛋 |
[04:35] | You hungry? | 你饿了吗 |
[04:36] | Not terribly. | 不太饿 |
[04:38] | Perhaps you’d prefer, a-a muffin? | 也许你更想来块松饼 |
[04:39] | You’ve got corn or blueberry. | 有玉米或蓝莓口味 |
[04:42] | Do you really think that this is a day for muffins? | 你真觉得今天适合吃松饼吗 |
[04:45] | I’m pretending nothing happened. | 我在假装没事发生 |
[04:48] | That’s what you wanted, right? | 这是你想要的 不是吗 |
[04:51] | For us to go about how we were. | 希望我们像往常一样 |
[04:52] | Don’t touch me! | 别碰我 |
[04:55] | Don’t think that just because I helped you bury a body | 别以为我帮你埋了一具尸体 |
[04:58] | I’ve forgotten the dozens of people that you have killed. | 我就忘了你杀了几十个人 |
[05:02] | To forget something like that, I… | 要忘掉那种事 我… |
[05:05] | It might take a while. | 可能需要些时间 |
[05:08] | Most certainly. | 那是肯定的 |
[05:09] | But in the meantime, we need to come up with a plan. | 但与此同时 我们需要想个计划 |
[05:12] | – For what? – Well… | -什么计划 -就是 |
[05:14] | Mrs. Yost’s friends will soon notice she’s missing. | 约斯特太太的朋友很快会注意到她失踪了 |
[05:17] | They’ll ask questions, | 她们会问问题 |
[05:19] | and we need to have some answers. | 我们得有答案 |
[05:21] | I’ve been thinking about that. | 我在考虑这个问题 |
[05:23] | I’m not so sure she had any friends. | 我不太清楚她是否有朋友 |
[05:26] | I work out in my garden for several hours, every day. | 我每天在花园工作几小时 |
[05:29] | I saw her go out. I saw her come home. | 看见她进进出出 |
[05:31] | What I never saw was someone stopping by for a visit. | 从来没见过有人来拜访她 |
[05:34] | Hmm. Perhaps that’s why she was always in a bad mood. | 可能这就是她心情总不太好的原因吧 |
[05:37] | – She was just lonely. – Not too lonely. | -她就是太寂寞了 -不见得 |
[05:40] | You know, in 20 years, | 20年来 |
[05:41] | she never once asked me over for coffee? | 她一次也没邀请过我去喝咖啡 |
[05:44] | Hello? | 我回来了 |
[05:49] | Am I interrupting? | 我打扰到你们了吗 |
[05:51] | – Not at all. – No. No. | -完全没有 -没有 |
[05:54] | How are you two doing? | 你们还好吗 |
[05:56] | – Oh, we’re fine. – Yes. | -还行 -对 |
[05:57] | Everything’s fine… | 一切都很好 |
[05:59] | Yes, your mother and I reconciled last night. Quite beautifully. | 对 你妈妈和我昨晚和解了 很成功 |
[06:04] | Just like that? | 就那样吗 |
[06:06] | Given what Daddy did? | 鉴于爸爸的所作所为 |
[06:07] | Deirdra, you know… | 迪尔德拉 |
[06:08] | this is our marriage, | 这是我们俩的婚姻 |
[06:10] | and we’ll see to our problems as we see fit. | 我们会按照自认为合适的方式处理问题 |
[06:12] | We don’t owe anyone an explanation. | 我们不欠任何人解释 |
[06:14] | Not even our beloved daughter. | 包括我们亲爱的女儿 |
[06:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:19] | I’m going to take a quick shower and then go to work. | 我去冲个澡 然后去上班 |
[06:22] | All right. | 行 |
[06:27] | Did something happen to Mrs. Yost? | 约斯特太太出了什么事吗 |
[06:31] | Why do you ask? | 为什么问这个 |
[06:33] | I just passed by her house | 我刚经过她家 |
[06:34] | and Rocco’s in there barking like crazy. | 洛克在里面疯狂大叫 |
[06:40] | The dog. | 她的狗 |
[06:45] | So, on to today’s main business. | 下面进入今天的主要议题 |
[06:48] | We have an opening for a new member. | 我们有一个新成员的位置空缺 |
[06:51] | Any suggestions? | 各位有推荐人选吗 |
[06:54] | I nominate Alma Fillcot. | 我提名艾尔玛・菲尔科特 |
[06:57] | Yes, I know. She’s just a veterinarian’s wife. | 我知道 她只是一位兽医的妻子 |
[06:59] | But she is very, very nice. | 但她人特别好 |
[07:02] | Fine. Alma Fillcot. Who else? | 行吧 艾尔玛・菲尔科特 还有吗 |
[07:05] | I nominate Ada Coy. | 我提名艾达・科伊 |
[07:08] | I’m dying to see the inside of her house. | 我太想看她家里面是什么样子了 |
[07:10] | We don’t want Ada. | 我们不想要艾达加入 |
[07:11] | – I heard she’s having the tackiest affair. – With who? | -我听说她干着最龌龊的勾当 -和谁 |
[07:14] | She’s sleeping with her dermatologist. | 她在和她的皮肤科医生上床 |
[07:17] | Well, I guess that’s one way to cure an itch. | 我想这不失为治疗瘙痒的一种办法 |
[07:23] | Rita… | 丽塔 |
[07:25] | One quick question. | 我有个简单的问题 |
[07:27] | Oh, ladies, this is Carlo’s daughter, Catherine. | 女士们 这是卡洛的女儿凯瑟琳 |
[07:30] | She’s helping me look after him. | 她帮我照看他 |
[07:32] | Uh, we were just wrapping up here, | 我们正准备收尾 |
[07:34] | so if you can wait till we’re done… | 如果你能等到事情办完 |
[07:36] | Actually, this is a question for your club. | 这问题就是关于你这俱乐部的 |
[07:39] | You see, I was doing my Papa’s taxes, | 我在给爸爸报税 |
[07:41] | trying to figure out what’s deductible, | 正在算有多少免税费用 |
[07:44] | and I found this file marked | 然后我找到了这份文件 |
[07:46] | “Garden Club Expenses.” | 上面标着园艺俱乐部费用 |
[07:50] | Rita, for the past eight months | 丽塔 过去八个月以来 |
[07:52] | you’ve written checks to the East LA Realty Group. | 你一直在给洛杉矶东部地产集团开支票 |
[07:57] | They say they manage several apartment buildings in Chinatown. | 他们说集团旗下在唐人街有几栋公寓楼 |
[08:02] | Does your club have offices | 你们俱乐部在唐人街的公寓里 |
[08:04] | in a Chinatown apartment? | 有办公地点吗 |
[08:07] | Not that we’re aware of. | 据我们所知没有 |
[08:09] | I have no idea where those checks came from. | 我一点也不知道支票的事 |
[08:12] | But, surely, you must know who lives in the apartment you’re renting. | 你租的公寓给谁住了 总该知道吧 |
[08:16] | Her dermatologist, perhaps? | 她的皮肤科医生吧 |
[08:21] | Rita, if you’d like us to leave… | 丽塔 如果需要我们回避 |
[08:23] | No, stay. | 不必 留下 |
[08:28] | Yes, I’ve been renting that apartment. | 没错 公寓是我租的 |
[08:32] | In secret, because… | 瞒着大家 因为 |
[08:37] | – Carlo drinks. – What? | -卡洛酗酒 -什么 |
[08:40] | I needed a place to go where I’d be safe from his violent rages. | 他发起脾气来 我需要有地方躲一下 |
[08:44] | Are you saying he strikes you? | 你是说 他打你 |
[08:46] | How dare you? My father would never hit anyone. | 信口雌黄 我父亲从来不会打人 |
[08:49] | Oh, poor Catherine. I should have told you years ago, | 可怜的凯瑟琳 我早就该告诉你 |
[08:51] | but I was trying to protect you. | 但我一直想保护你 |
[08:52] | Oh, she’s lying. | 她在撒谎 |
[08:54] | – You’re lying. – You poor thing. | -你撒谎 -小可怜 |
[08:56] | I know this is painful to hear. | 我知道你听了很难过 |
[08:59] | Ladies, for Catherine’s sake, | 女士们 为了凯瑟琳着想 |
[09:01] | let’s not dwell on her father’s crimes. | 我们不要再深究她父亲的过失了 |
[09:04] | Let’s just make his last days as peaceful as possible. | 尽量让他临终的日子过得平静 |
[09:08] | Oh, Rita. You should have told us what you’ve been going through. | 丽塔 你应该早点告诉我们的 |
[09:11] | – I… – Yes, just know we’re here for you now. | -我 -是啊 有我们陪在你身边 |
[09:14] | Oh, bless you. | 上帝保佑你 |
[09:16] | Bless you all. | 保佑你们大家 |
[09:36] | Have a good day. | 祝你今天愉快 |
[09:41] | If that dog doesn’t shut up, he’s going to have | 那只狗再不闭嘴 |
[09:43] | the whole neighborhood pounding on her door. | 邻居都要去敲她的门了 |
[09:45] | He’s probably just hungry. | 也许它饿了 |
[09:47] | I should go feed him. | 我要去喂喂它 |
[09:48] | Not that way, we’ll be seen. | 别走那边 小心被人看见 |
[09:51] | We’ll go around the back. | 从后面绕过去 |
[10:06] | Well, he… can’t be hungry. | 应该不是饿了 |
[10:09] | There’s still food in his bowl. | 碗里还有狗粮呢 |
[10:16] | Rocco… | 洛克 |
[10:17] | Hello. Hello. | 你好 你好 |
[10:19] | Oh. Hello. That’s a good boy. | 你好哇 真乖 |
[10:22] | You weren’t hungry, were you? | 你不饿 对吗 |
[10:24] | You were lonely. Hmm? | 你只是孤单了 |
[10:27] | Bertram. | 伯特伦 |
[10:29] | Look at this room. | 看看这间房子 |
[10:31] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[10:34] | The antiques. | 这些古董 |
[10:36] | The art. | 艺术品 |
[10:39] | Mrs. Yost had positively exquisite tastes. | 约斯特太太品位不凡 |
[10:42] | Hmm. Well, don’t be too impressed. | 别光顾着惊叹 |
[10:45] | Remember, this was a woman | 别忘了 这个女人 |
[10:46] | who always acted like she was too good for you. | 举手投足之间一直瞧不上你 |
[10:48] | Yes. Well, now I know why. | 现在我知道原因了 |
[10:51] | She was. | 她有这个资格 |
[10:53] | What is that scent? | 什么味道 |
[10:56] | Her perfume. | 是她的香水 |
[10:58] | Still lingering. | 余韵绕梁 |
[11:03] | – I said don’t touch me. – You touched first. | -我说过别碰我 -你先碰我的 |
[11:06] | – Should I answer it? – And say what? | -我要接电话吗 -接了怎么说 |
[11:09] | “Mrs.Yost can’t come to the phone. | “约斯特夫人没办法接电话 |
[11:10] | She’s buried beneath my begonias”? | 因为她被埋在了我的秋海棠下面” |
[11:13] | We need to get out of here. | 咱们得离开这里 |
[11:14] | Fine. We’ll have to take Rocco with us. | 好吧 咱们得带洛克一起走 |
[11:16] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[11:17] | I’m certainly not leaving him here all alone. | 我总不能把它自己留在这里 |
[11:19] | If we bring him home, Dee is going to ask questions. | 如果把它带回咱们家 小迪会问东问西的 |
[11:21] | Then we’ll tell her that Mrs.Yost took a trip, | 那我们就告诉她约斯特太太出去旅行了 |
[11:23] | and she asked us to look after him. | 她拜托我们照顾它 |
[11:28] | You know… | 你知道吗… |
[11:30] | we could tell all the neighbors that Mrs.Yost went away. | 我们可以告诉所有邻居约斯特太太出门了 |
[11:38] | Better still… | 更好的是… |
[11:39] | we could arrange for some of them to see her leave. | 我们可以安排其中一些人看到她离开 |
[11:43] | You don’t mean… | 你该不是说… |
[11:44] | Well, you’re about her size, aren’t you? | 你跟她身材差不多 对吧 |
[11:46] | Oh. Bertie, you’re brilliant. | 伯特 你太聪明了 |
[11:49] | – Yes. – No. | -是的 -不要 |
[11:50] | We’ll need to pick a destination. | 我们需要选一个目的地 |
[11:52] | Some place she could plausibly drive to. | 某个她可以开车去的地方 |
[11:54] | Someone she might visit. | 她可能会去探望的人 |
[11:56] | Hang on. But… | 等等 但是… |
[11:58] | what happens when she doesn’t arrive? | 要是他们发现她没到达目的地怎么办 |
[12:00] | Well, that’s the beauty part. | 这就是绝妙的地方了 |
[12:02] | They’ll start to look for her, | 他们会开始寻找她 |
[12:04] | miles and miles away from our front yard. | 在远离我们家前院的地方 |
[12:07] | Oh, my. | 我的天 |
[12:08] | Didn’t I marry a clever girl? | 我真是娶了个聪明的老婆 |
[12:20] | I guess I’ll just have two eggs, over hard. | 我就要两颗蛋 全熟的 |
[12:23] | You’ll have to order more than that, | 你需要多点一些 |
[12:25] | since I’m buying you breakfast. | 因为这顿我请 |
[12:26] | What? Now why would you do that? | 什么 你为什么要请客 |
[12:29] | After what you did for me last night, I owe you. | 你昨天晚上为我做了那么多 这是你应得的 |
[12:32] | You think so? | 是这样的吗 |
[12:33] | I do. | 是的 |
[12:35] | By the way, | 顺便说一下 |
[12:36] | Scooter called this morning to apologize. | 斯库特今天早上打电话来道歉了 |
[12:41] | Okay. And, uh… | 好吧 |
[12:43] | What did he have to say for himself? | 他是怎么为自己开脱的 |
[12:45] | Said he couldn’t sleep a wink last night ’cause he felt so guilty. | 他说他因为觉得对不起我 一整晚都没合过眼 |
[12:48] | So he got me roses, | 所以他给我买了玫瑰 |
[12:50] | a dozen of them. | 整整一打玫瑰 |
[12:51] | A dozen, huh? | 一打玫瑰 |
[12:54] | What’s with the face? | 你这是什么表情 |
[12:55] | I was just thinking. | 我就是想 |
[12:57] | You know, if I wanted to say I’m sorry to a girl, | 如果我打算向姑娘道歉 |
[12:59] | I wouldn’t just send roses. | 我不会仅仅送玫瑰花而已 |
[13:02] | I would take her out to dinner. You know? | 我会请她吃晚餐 |
[13:03] | Somewhere fancy. | 去某个高档餐厅 |
[13:05] | We can’t go out in public. | 我们不能去公众场合 |
[13:06] | His rich lady friend would find out. | 他的有钱女友会发现的 |
[13:09] | But does she have spies in Burbank? | 她在伯班克安插了盯梢的吗 |
[13:11] | Or Long Beach? | 或者长滩 |
[13:13] | I mean, there’s lots of out-of-the-way places he could take you. | 有很多偏僻的地方可以供他选择 |
[13:16] | She pays his bills. | 她给他付账单 |
[13:18] | – He’s got to be extra careful. – Maybe. | -他需要格外小心 -也许吧 |
[13:21] | You know, but when I’m nuts about a gal, | 但当我对一个女人着迷时 |
[13:23] | oh, I want to show her off. | 我会想要向众人炫耀她 |
[13:25] | Let everybody see how lucky I am. | 让所有人看见我有多幸运 |
[13:30] | Guess he thinks different. | 看来他不这么想 |
[13:32] | What are you saying? | 你什么意思 |
[13:34] | Scooter’s embarrassed to be seen with me? | 斯库特不想被人看见和我在一起 |
[13:36] | I didn’t say that. | 我可没这么说 |
[13:40] | Scooter likes me. | 斯库特喜欢我 |
[13:42] | A lot. | 非常喜欢 |
[13:43] | If you say so. | 你说了算 |
[13:46] | I’ll have the eggs and bacon and some waffles… | 那我要鸡蛋 培根 再来一些华夫饼 |
[13:52] | since you’re paying. | 既然是你付钱 |
[14:00] | Have I reached the Golden Iron Hotel? | 是金铁酒店吗 |
[14:03] | Yes, uh, my name is Mrs. Carol Yost. | 对 我是卡萝尔・约斯特太太 |
[14:07] | I’m taking a trip up north to visit my sister. | 我要去北方拜访我的姐姐 |
[14:09] | I was hoping to stay at your lovely hotel. | 希望在此期间能入住你们酒店 |
[14:12] | I’d arrive tonight, and I’d stay till Sunday. | 我今晚到 周日走 |
[14:15] | Sure, I’ll hold. | 好的 我等着 |
[14:18] | Oh. Um, you should find a suitcase and start packing. | 你该准备一个行李箱 开始收拾东西了 |
[14:21] | A suitcase? | 行李箱 |
[14:22] | If Mrs. Yost went on a trip, she would pack a suitcase. | 约斯特太太旅行一向会带一个行李箱 |
[14:25] | It would be in her car when they find it. | 他们会在她的车里找到 |
[14:27] | I didn’t think of that. | 这我倒没想到 |
[14:30] | You’ve gotten away with how many murders? | 你逃过了多少起谋杀案 |
[14:32] | Honestly, I don’t know how you managed without me. | 说实话 真不知道没有我你是怎么办到的 |
[14:34] | Yes, I’m here. | 对 我在 |
[14:36] | Oh, wonderful. | 完美 |
[14:38] | Well, I’m leaving now, so I should be there by dinner. | 我准备出发了 晚饭前能到 |
[14:41] | All right. Bye-bye. | 好 再见 |
[14:45] | – And we’re packing… – Yes. Yes. Yes. | -我们开始打包 -好好好 |
[14:55] | Hello. | 喂 |
[14:56] | Hi, Scoot. It’s me. | 喂 斯库特 是我 |
[14:58] | Oh. Hey, doll. | 嘿 宝贝 |
[15:00] | Still loving those roses I sent you? | 喜欢我送你的玫瑰吗 |
[15:02] | Of course. They’re beautiful. | 当然 很美 |
[15:04] | Yeah, I just wanted to make sure we’re good, you and me. | 我只想确保我们之间一切都好 |
[15:06] | Yeah, about that… | 对 关于这个 |
[15:08] | I was thinking, if you really wanted to apologize to me, | 我在想 如果你真的想向我赔罪 |
[15:12] | you could take me out to dinner. | 可以带我去吃晚饭 |
[15:14] | Like to a restaurant? | 去餐厅吃吗 |
[15:17] | I found this place right off the highway in Chatsworth. | 我在查兹沃斯的高速公路旁找到了一个地方 |
[15:20] | Middle of nowhere. | 很偏僻 |
[15:22] | But it’s romantic, with good food. | 但很浪漫 还有美食 |
[15:26] | No one will see us. I promise. | 没人会碰见我们 我发誓 |
[15:28] | Golly. Uh, I don’t know. | 天哪 这说不好 |
[15:30] | Why would that be a problem? | 这也不行吗 |
[15:33] | Unless… | 除非 |
[15:34] | you just don’t want to be seen with me in public. | 你就是不想被人看到我们一起 |
[15:37] | Oh. Don’t say that, baby. | 别这么说 宝贝 |
[15:40] | You’re my girl. | 你是我的女朋友 |
[15:41] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[15:44] | I’d love to take you out. | 我很乐意带你去吃晚餐 |
[15:46] | Oh. That’s terrific. | 真棒 |
[15:48] | Oh, and I’ve got the most perfect dress. | 我准备好了最完美的裙子 |
[15:51] | I’m really going to doll it up for you. | 我会为你打扮得漂漂亮亮的 |
[15:53] | So, when do you want to do this? | 你想什么时候进行 |
[15:55] | Well, how about tonight? | 今晚如何 |
[15:58] | Oh, shoot. | 糟了 |
[15:59] | I can’t tonight. | 我今晚不行 |
[16:02] | Yeah, I’ve got an audition. | 对 我有试镜 |
[16:04] | At night? | 晚上试镜 |
[16:05] | Yeah, uh… | 对 |
[16:07] | the producer’s shooting a movie on location. | 制作人在拍电影外景 |
[16:10] | And he can’t meet until after they wrap. | 他只能在收工后才能见我 |
[16:13] | I don’t know when that going to be, so… | 我不知道那要到几点 所以 |
[16:15] | I’m on call all night. | 我今晚要随时待命 |
[16:17] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:18] | But… | 但是 |
[16:20] | Maybe some other time, like next week? | 或许换个时间 比如下周 |
[16:23] | Sure. | 行 |
[16:24] | Some other time, then. | 那就换个时间 |
[16:27] | You just let me know. | 你通知我就行 |
[16:28] | You’re the best, babe. | 你最好了 宝贝 |
[16:36] | Such glorious clothes she had. | 她的衣服真华丽 |
[16:38] | It’s a shame they’ll all be washed down river | 只可惜今晚就要跟铁罐和鳟鱼一起 |
[16:39] | with the tin cans and trout. | 被冲进河里了 |
[16:42] | – Alma. – Hmm? | -艾尔玛 -怎么了 |
[16:44] | Is that Mrs. Yost’s suit? | 那是约斯特太太的套裙吗 |
[16:45] | Yes. Isn’t it stunning? | 对 很美吧 |
[16:48] | You don’t have to wear her suit. | 你不用穿她的套裙 |
[16:50] | You-you can just wear her coat. | 你可以只穿她的大衣 |
[16:51] | It’s called getting into character, Bertram. | 这叫进入角色 伯特伦 |
[16:54] | Besides… | 再说 |
[16:55] | It’s my chance to wear couture. | 这是我穿高定时装的机会 |
[16:57] | I don’t know what all the hullabaloo is about. | 我不懂这么大张旗鼓干什么 |
[16:59] | I prefer your tweed suit. | 我喜欢你的粗花呢套裙 |
[17:00] | Ugh. Then you’re certifiable. | 那你就是有病 |
[17:06] | – Mrs. Wong is watering her garden. – Oh. Excellent. | -王太太在给她的花园浇水 -太好了 |
[17:10] | Well, get out there, | 赶紧出去 |
[17:11] | – before she goes back into her house. – Right. | -趁她还没进屋 -对对 |
[17:13] | I’ll put this in Mrs. Yost’s car for you. | 我帮你把这个放进约斯特太太的车里 |
[17:16] | All right. | 好 |
[17:22] | I don’t know who you are… | 我不知道你是谁 |
[17:26] | but you’re certainly not a frump. | 但你绝对不是个老妈子 |
[18:27] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[18:28] | Squeeze the ball, Papa. | 捏捏球 爸爸 |
[18:30] | I know it’s hard, | 我知道这很难 |
[18:31] | but it’s the only way you can get your strength back. | 但这是唯一让你恢复力气的办法 |
[18:35] | Catherine? | 凯瑟琳 |
[18:38] | Can I see you downstairs for a moment? | 你能下楼来一下吗 |
[18:47] | What do you want? | 你想干什么 |
[18:50] | I think it’s time to call a truce. | 我觉得该休战了 |
[18:53] | I want us to be friends. | 我想让我们成为朋友 |
[18:55] | The floozy that married my father for money | 为了我爸爸的钱而跟他结婚的贱人 |
[18:57] | wants to be my pal? | 想做我的闺蜜 |
[18:59] | You don’t think I cared about him? | 你觉得我不在乎他吗 |
[19:02] | He rescued me from the gutter. | 他把我从贫民窟里拯救出来 |
[19:05] | Well, I’m sure you were grateful, | 你肯定很感恩 |
[19:07] | but it’s not the same thing as love. | 但这不是爱 |
[19:09] | Oh, I was grateful. | 我确实感恩 |
[19:12] | I reinvented myself. | 我彻底改造了自己 |
[19:14] | Lost my accent. | 甩掉口音 |
[19:16] | Learned how to dress. | 学习穿衣 |
[19:20] | But no matter what I did, | 但无论我怎么做 |
[19:23] | Carlo still treated me like I was the same stupid… | 卡洛依旧当我是那个他在埃尔帕索遇见 |
[19:27] | cocktail waitress he met in El Paso. | 傻瓜一样的鸡尾酒服务生 |
[19:32] | I tried to love him. | 我试着去爱他 |
[19:34] | But I couldn’t. | 但我做不到 |
[19:36] | Because he’s… | 因为他 |
[19:38] | Well, you know… | 你懂的 |
[19:40] | awful. | 很垃圾 |
[19:44] | I don’t feel sorry for you. | 我不可怜你 |
[19:47] | Well, I feel sorry for you. | 我可怜你 |
[19:49] | I’ve heard how he talks to you on the phone. | 我听过他是怎么跟你讲电话的 |
[19:52] | It’s nice to know I’m not the only one | 我很高兴知道 |
[19:54] | forced to endure his cruelty. | 不是只有我被迫忍受他的残酷 |
[20:02] | Did he ever tell you I was engaged once? | 他告诉过你我曾经订婚了吗 |
[20:06] | No. | 没有 |
[20:09] | His name was Hank. | 他的名字是汉克 |
[20:11] | He was tall, | 高大 |
[20:13] | handsome, | 帅气 |
[20:15] | sweet. | 温柔 |
[20:17] | The night he proposed to me was the happiest night of my life. | 他跟我求婚那晚 是我人生中最快乐的一晚 |
[20:22] | But then Father said he was a fortune hunter. | 但爸爸说他只是看上我的钱 |
[20:26] | Why else would a man like that choose me? | 不然他那样的男人怎么会选择我 |
[20:31] | So I sent Hank away. | 所以我跟汉克分手了 |
[20:35] | Catherine, I had no idea. | 凯瑟琳 我完全不知道 |
[20:37] | The next week, he put a codicil in his will, | 一周后 他在遗嘱里加了一条 |
[20:39] | saying that if I would embarrass him any further | 说如果我找一个他不认可的对象 |
[20:42] | with any man he didn’t approve of, | 再让他难堪的话 |
[20:45] | he would disinherit me. | 他就剥夺我的继承权 |
[20:47] | – Instantly. – See? | -立即生效 -看吧 |
[20:50] | He tried to destroy us both. | 他想摧毁我们两人 |
[20:53] | This should make us allies. | 我们应该结盟才对 |
[20:55] | You’re missing the point of my story. | 你误解了我说这些的意思 |
[20:58] | I wasn’t confessing I hate my father. | 我不是在承认我恨父亲 |
[21:01] | I was explaining why I hate you. | 我是在解释为什么我恨你 |
[21:05] | What? | 什么 |
[21:06] | He married his fortune hunter. | 他跟他的拜金女结婚 |
[21:08] | How do you think I felt? | 你认为我什么感受 |
[21:10] | How do you think I’ll feel if he dies and you take all his money | 如果他死了 你卷走所有财产 |
[21:13] | to marry that young man you have stashed away in that apartment? | 嫁给你金屋藏娇的小白脸 你觉得我怎么想 |
[21:17] | Is that fair, Rita? | 这公平吗 丽塔 |
[21:19] | He gets his gold digger. | 他就能娶拜金女 |
[21:20] | His gold digger gets her gigolo. And what do I get? | 拜金女还找了小白脸 我得到什么 |
[21:24] | A big lonely house back in Texas | 得克萨斯州的空虚大房子 |
[21:26] | and bingo nights with my church group. | 跟我的教友度过宾果游戏之夜 |
[21:32] | Are you finished? | 说完了吗 |
[21:33] | Not quite. | 还没呢 |
[21:36] | I also think you’re responsible for his fall down the stairs. | 我还觉得 是你造成他从楼上摔下 |
[21:41] | And once I can prove that, | 等到我能证明这点 |
[21:44] | I will destroy you. | 我就毁掉你 |
[21:49] | I’m sorry about Hank. | 很遗憾你跟汉克无法修成正果 |
[21:53] | And I’m sorry about your life. | 也很遗憾你的人生 |
[21:56] | That being said… | 虽说如此 |
[21:58] | you are one fuck of a bad houseguest. | 你他妈就是个讨人嫌的客人 |
[22:11] | Dee. | 小迪 |
[22:12] | So this is where you work? | 看来你是在这里工作 |
[22:15] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[22:18] | This is a nice surprise. | 你来这儿真是意外之喜 |
[22:20] | You’re not busy, are you? | 你现在不忙吧 |
[22:22] | Is this a social call? | 你这是礼节性的拜访吗 |
[22:24] | Actually… | 其实 |
[22:26] | I want to hire you. | 我想雇你 |
[22:28] | Okay. To do what? | 好吧 雇我做什么 |
[22:31] | To tail Scooter. | 跟踪斯库特 |
[22:32] | I have a feeling he’s lying to me. | 我感觉他在骗我 |
[22:34] | And you want me to prove you right? | 你想让我证明你是对的吗 |
[22:37] | I want you to prove me wrong. | 我想让你证明我错了 |
[22:39] | But… | 但是 |
[22:41] | either way, I need to know. | 无论对错 我都要知情 |
[22:43] | Sure. I’ll trail him for you. | 好 我会为你跟踪他 |
[22:45] | Also… | 还有 |
[22:47] | I need to be with you when you follow him. | 你跟踪他的时候要带上我 |
[22:50] | No dice. | 不行 |
[22:51] | I work alone. | 我单独行动 |
[22:53] | Not this time. | 这次不行 |
[22:55] | And if you have a problem with that, | 如果你对此有意见 |
[22:58] | I’ll pay you double what you were going to charge me. | 我可以付你原本费用的双倍 |
[23:00] | I wasn’t going to charge you anything. | 我本来也没打算向你收费 |
[23:03] | In that case… | 这样的话 |
[23:04] | triple it. | 我付三倍 |
[23:36] | Rocco, go on. | 洛克 下来吧 |
[23:37] | – Good boy. – Why are we stopping? | -好孩子 -为什么停下了 |
[23:39] | Well, Rocco needed a potty break, | 洛克需要撒尿 |
[23:41] | and I’m getting rather peckish. | 而且我有点饿了 |
[23:43] | I thought we could stop and have some lunch. | 我们可以停下来吃点午餐 |
[23:44] | We don’t have time. | 没时间给我们吃饭 |
[23:46] | We have such a long way to go. | 我们还有很长的路要走 |
[23:48] | It just feels odd taking a road trip in separate cars. | 一人开一辆车的公路旅行太别扭了 |
[23:50] | Especially on this road. | 尤其在这条路上 |
[23:52] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[23:53] | Alma Fillcot. | 艾尔玛・菲尔科特 |
[23:54] | It’s the same route we took on our honeymoon. | 我们蜜月旅行走的就是这条路 |
[23:57] | Do you not remember? | 你不记得了吗 |
[23:58] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[24:00] | Let’s have lunch together, for old time’s sake. | 我们一起去吃午餐 看在往日情分上 |
[24:02] | This isn’t our second honeymoon, | 现在不是第二次蜜月旅行 |
[24:03] | it’s our first crime spree. | 而是我们的第一次疯狂作案 |
[24:05] | And what did I say about touching me? | 我不是说过别碰我吗 |
[24:07] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[24:08] | You speak about “Old times” as if we can just turn back the clock, | 你说”往日”时就像我们能回到从前一样 |
[24:10] | but I can’t. | 但我不能 |
[24:14] | You see about the dog. | 你去看着狗 |
[24:16] | I’ll get us some sandwiches. | 我去买点三明治 |
[24:17] | Then we must be on our way. | 然后我们就必须上路了 |
[24:25] | Excuse me. | 你好 |
[24:26] | I’m in a hurry. Can I get some sandwiches to go? | 我赶时间 可以打包一些三明治吗 |
[24:28] | Oh, sure. It’s right over there. | 当然 就在那里 |
[24:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:42] | Alma? | 艾尔玛 |
[24:43] | Alma Wilkins, is that you? | 艾尔玛・威尔金斯 是你吗 |
[25:05] | That was close. | 差一点点 |
[25:06] | Hope I didn’t frighten you. | 希望我没有吓着你 |
[25:08] | Oh, no. Not at all. It’s just… | 没有 完全没有 只是 |
[25:10] | My word. | 天呐 |
[25:13] | Tom Madison. | 汤姆・麦迪逊 |
[25:15] | – You’re just as handsome as ever. – Please. | -你还和以前一样帅 -拜托 |
[25:17] | But look at you. | 瞧瞧你 |
[25:19] | That suit. | 这套套裙 |
[25:20] | Oh. Yes. My suit. | 对 我的套裙 |
[25:23] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[25:24] | I’ll say. | 当然 |
[25:26] | You look wonderful. | 你看起来美极了 |
[25:30] | In you go. | 上车 |
[25:31] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[25:38] | It’s true. | 没错 |
[25:41] | You’re still so funny. | 你还是这么幽默 |
[25:43] | You always made me laugh. | 你总能逗我笑 |
[25:48] | Oh, Bertie. | 伯特 |
[25:50] | Look who it is. | 瞧瞧这是谁 |
[25:52] | It’s Tom Madison, from high school. | 是汤姆・麦迪逊 高中同学 |
[25:55] | We’re going to have lunch with him. | 我们要跟他一起吃午饭 |
[26:06] | Can you imagine? | 你能想象吗 |
[26:08] | Getting laid once in your whole life? | 一辈子只滚过一次床单 |
[26:11] | It’s no wonder Catherine’s such a bitch. | 难怪凯瑟琳这么变态 |
[26:13] | Don’t be so amused. | 别这么得意 |
[26:14] | That lady is dangerous. | 那位女士很危险 |
[26:16] | I know how to handle her. | 我知道怎么对付她 |
[26:18] | And get a little leverage in the process. | 还可以由此获得一点筹码 |
[26:22] | Catherine needs a man. | 凯瑟琳需要男人 |
[26:24] | A gorgeous hunk her Papa wouldn’t approve of. | 一个她爸爸不会认可的帅哥 |
[26:27] | You sure she’s still interested? | 你确定她还对男人有兴趣 |
[26:29] | She’s on the downhill side of fifty and picking up speed. | 她在走50度的下坡路而且还在加速 |
[26:32] | Women never stop needing passion. | 女人对激情的渴求从未停止 |
[26:35] | And I am going to get her some. | 我就给她来点激情 |
[26:37] | You’re going to get her laid? How? | 你要让她跟人上床 怎么做 |
[26:40] | As it happens… | 正好 |
[26:42] | I have a gigolo on retainer. | 我养了个小白脸 |
[26:47] | Then I opened another place in Santa Barbara. | 然后我在圣巴巴拉又开了家店 |
[26:49] | You own six dry cleaning stores? That is amazing. | 你有六家干洗店 太棒了 |
[26:54] | Did you hear that, Bertie? | 你听到了吗 伯特 |
[26:55] | Mm. Yes. Very impressive. | 对 非常厉害 |
[26:56] | Shouldn’t we be getting back on the road? | 我们是不是该上路了 |
[26:58] | You know, it’s probably good that you’ve been so busy at work. | 你知道吗 忙于工作可能是好事 |
[27:00] | – It will keep your mind off the divorce. – Honestly… | -你就没时间想离婚的事了 -说实话 |
[27:03] | I’m glad Lisa left me. | 我很高兴丽莎离开了我 |
[27:04] | I was working so hard to save the marriage, | 我之前一直在努力挽救婚姻 |
[27:06] | I didn’t notice the other people in my life drifting away. | 没注意到我生命中的其他人离我而去了 |
[27:09] | Finally, I woke up and wondered where all my friends had gone. | 终于 我醒悟了 却不知道朋友们都去哪了 |
[27:11] | How is that possible? | 怎么可能 |
[27:13] | You were the star quarterback. | 你曾是明星四分卫 |
[27:15] | Remember how many friends he had? | 你还记得他有多少朋友吗 |
[27:16] | No. But I remember all the passes that were intercepted. | 不 但我记得所有被拦截的传球 |
[27:21] | That’s where I know you from, the football games. | 想起来了 我就是在橄榄球赛上认识你的 |
[27:24] | What? | 什么 |
[27:25] | You were in the marching band. | 你是军乐队的 |
[27:27] | All this time, I was trying to remember. | 我刚才一直在努力回想 |
[27:30] | All this time? | 刚才一直都在想吗 |
[27:31] | I kept asking myself, “Was he in my math class? | 我一直在问自己 “他是数学课的同学吗 |
[27:34] | Was he on student council?” | 他是学生会成员吗” |
[27:37] | This whole lunch, you’ve had no idea who I am? | 整个午餐期间 你都不知道我是谁 |
[27:40] | As if anyone could recognize you behind that tuba. | 你在大号后面 谁能认出你啊 |
[27:42] | It was a sousaphone. | 那可是苏萨号 |
[27:44] | So, you folks ready for dessert? | 你们准备好吃甜点了吗 |
[27:46] | Just the bill, please. | 买单 谢谢 |
[27:49] | Can we stay a little longer, please? | 我们能多待一会儿吗 拜托 |
[27:50] | No. It’s been nice catching up, Tom. | 不行 很高兴能跟你叙旧 汤姆 |
[27:53] | We must see you again. | 我们一定要再见见 |
[27:55] | Are you ever in L.A.? | 你平时会去洛杉矶吗 |
[27:56] | I’m there for business quite a bit. | 我经常去那儿出差 |
[27:58] | Well, then we must have you over. | 那我们一定要请你来做客 |
[27:59] | I would love that. | 乐意至极 |
[28:02] | Uh. No, Bertram. Let me get that. | 不用了 伯特伦 让我来吧 |
[28:04] | I insist, Tom. | 我很坚持 汤姆 |
[28:05] | It’ll help you remember me. | 这会让你记住我 |
[28:06] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[28:10] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再会 -再会 |
[28:20] | What the hell was that? | 你怎么回事 |
[28:21] | I could say the same thing to you. | 我还想问你呢 |
[28:23] | You won’t let me touch you, | 你不让我碰你 |
[28:24] | but it’s open season for the Prom King? | 却让舞会之王随便碰你 |
[28:26] | He’s going through a divorce. I was offering sympathy. | 他刚离婚 我只是表达一下同情 |
[28:28] | You were flirting. | 你在跟他调情 |
[28:30] | You’ve clearly got the same silly school-girl crush you’ve always had. | 很明显 你仍旧是一个愚蠢的花痴女学生 |
[28:32] | It wasn’t silly. | 这不愚蠢 |
[28:34] | And it wasn’t just a crush, either. | 也不花痴 |
[28:36] | Meaning what? | 你什么意思 |
[28:38] | Tom and I went out once. | 我和汤姆约会过一次 |
[28:42] | I see that surprises you. | 看起来你感到挺意外 |
[28:43] | Oh, well, I suppose the next thing you’re going to tell me | 我猜你接下来要告诉我 |
[28:45] | is you let him kiss you. | 你让他亲过你 |
[28:46] | Oh, we did more than kiss. | 不止这些 |
[28:49] | A lot more. | 远远不止 |
[28:53] | Are you saying you gave yourself to him? | 你是说你把自己献给他了吗 |
[28:54] | Don’t ask questions you don’t want answers to. | 别问了 答案不会让你好受的 |
[28:59] | But you told me I was your first. | 但是你说过我是第一个 |
[29:01] | Yes. Well, you were my first killer, if it helps. | 是的 你是我认识的第一个杀人犯 好受点了吗 |
[29:04] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[29:06] | How could you of kept this secret from me for all these years? | 你居然瞒了我这么多年 |
[29:09] | Given what I’ve learned about you in the past two days, | 鉴于我过去两天里对你的了解 |
[29:11] | I don’t think you’re in a position to complain. | 我觉得你没资格在这抱怨 |
[30:16] | Get down. | 躺下 |
[30:19] | Maybe his audition is in that building there. | 他可能就在那栋楼里试镜 |
[30:28] | Did he go into that building? | 他进楼了吗 |
[30:30] | Nope. | 没有 |
[30:37] | So that’s her? | 就是她吗 |
[30:39] | His lady friend. | 他的富家女友 |
[30:41] | Well, you got your answer. | 你已经找到答案了 |
[30:42] | – Now, let’s go. – Wait. | -我们走吧 -等等 |
[30:45] | Not yet. | 再等等 |
[30:49] | You’re breaking up with me? | 你要跟我分手 |
[30:51] | Not permanently, | 暂时的 |
[30:52] | but it’s not safe to see each other while Catherine’s in town. | 不过凯瑟琳还没走 我们见面不安全 |
[30:55] | She found the canceled checks for your rent. | 她发现了我给你付房租的支票 |
[30:57] | If she gets any more proof, I’m sunk. | 要是她找到更多证据 我就完了 |
[31:02] | Well, isn’t there some way we can get rid of her? | 没有什么办法赶走她吗 |
[31:04] | I did have one crazy idea, but… | 我之前是有个很疯狂的主意 但是… |
[31:08] | Well, it’s a bit sordid. | 有点下流 |
[31:09] | I like sordid. | 我喜欢下流 |
[31:12] | Catherine is a lonely, middle-aged woman, | 凯瑟琳是个寂寞的中年女人 |
[31:15] | desperate for companionship. | 非常渴望有人陪伴 |
[31:17] | But she’d be disinherited if she was caught in a compromising position. | 但如果她被发现保持不洁关系 就会失去继承权 |
[31:22] | You mean like sex? | 你是说性关系那种 |
[31:24] | Yes, like sex. | 对 性关系那种 |
[31:26] | And if I had a photo of her and some man in flagrante | 如果我能捉奸在床 拍下照片 |
[31:31] | Flagrante. Now, where is that? | 捉奸在床 在哪 |
[31:34] | Let me finish. | 听我说完 |
[31:35] | I could use that photo to blackmail her. | 我就能用照片威胁她 |
[31:38] | Make her go back to Texas and get out of our lives permanently. | 逼她回得克萨斯 彻底摆脱她 |
[31:44] | You’re a genius, Rita. | 你真是个天才 丽塔 |
[31:47] | So, the old girl’s hot to trot? | 所以 这个老姑娘是饥渴难耐 |
[31:48] | Well, not just for anyone. | 也不是对所有人 |
[31:50] | But, well, she could be seduced by… | 但是 她可能会被一位… |
[31:54] | oh, let’s say, an incredibly handsome actor. | 比如被一位帅气非凡的男演员所吸引 |
[31:57] | Hang on. | 等下 |
[32:00] | You’re asking me to screw her? | 你是要我跟她上床 |
[32:02] | I’m asking you to ride to my rescue. | 我是要你骑着白马来救我 |
[32:05] | I don’t mind riding to your rescue, | 骑着白马来救你没问题 |
[32:06] | but does she have to be the horse? | 不过非得骑她吗 |
[32:11] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[32:12] | Tell you what? | 告诉你什么 |
[32:14] | How beautiful she is. | 她有多明艳动人 |
[32:16] | Does it matter? | 有关系吗 |
[32:19] | Of course it does. | 当然有关系了 |
[32:21] | I thought I had a chance. I thought he might… | 我本以为我还有机会 我以为他可能… |
[32:25] | God, I am so stupid. | 天呐 我太傻了 |
[32:28] | Dee? | 小迪 |
[32:30] | Hey, Dee! | 小迪 |
[32:36] | Dee. Dee! | 小迪 小迪 |
[32:40] | This is bad. | 这下坏了 |
[32:42] | This is bad. | 这下坏了 |
[32:45] | But I thought you loved me. | 我以为你是爱我的 |
[32:46] | I do, baby. | 我爱你 宝贝 |
[32:48] | That’s why I can’t go through with this. | 所以我不能这样做 |
[32:49] | You’re the only woman I could be with. | 我只想跟你在一起 |
[32:51] | Hello, Scooter. | 你好 斯库特 |
[32:53] | Geez. | 天呐 |
[32:55] | How’s the audition going? | 试镜还顺利吗 |
[32:57] | Looks like you got the part. | 看上去你拿到那个角色了 |
[32:58] | I-I’m sorry. Is this person a friend of yours? | 不好意思 这人是你的朋友吗 |
[33:00] | I’m not his friend. | 我不是他的朋友 |
[33:02] | I’m his lover. | 我是他的情人 |
[33:03] | What? | 什么 |
[33:05] | I have never met this woman. | 我从没见过这个女人 |
[33:07] | Dee, please go. | 小迪 请你走吧 |
[33:09] | He made me dress up as a cleaning woman | 他逼我打扮成做清洁的阿姨 |
[33:11] | so you wouldn’t know he was seeing me behind your back. | 好瞒着你和我见面 |
[33:14] | That was you in the photos? | 照片里的人是你 |
[33:15] | Photos? What photos? | 照片 什么照片 |
[33:18] | You cheated on me with that? | 你出轨的对象竟然是她吗 |
[33:20] | Yeah. He screwed a fat girl. | 没错 他和胖妞上床 |
[33:23] | But unlike you, | 但是我和你不一样 |
[33:24] | I didn’t have to pay his rent to get his motor going. | 我不必帮他付房租就能让他操我 |
[33:27] | What are you trying to do to me? | 你想害我吗 |
[33:29] | Just go. | 走吧 |
[33:30] | I’m going. | 我是要走 |
[33:32] | For good. | 一去不回头 |
[33:33] | He is all yours, lady. | 他是你的了 女士 |
[33:35] | You deserve each other. | 婊子配狗 天长地久 |
[33:40] | Okay, I fooled around. | 好吧 我是有乱搞过 |
[33:42] | But you spied on me, which is worse. | 但是你监视我 这更恶劣 |
[33:44] | I spied because I thought you were cheating. | 我监视是因为我认为你在出轨 |
[33:48] | Which you were. | 而你确实有 |
[33:51] | It’s over. | 我们结束了 |
[33:54] | But you just told me you loved me. | 但是你刚刚才和我说你爱我 |
[33:55] | – Ha! And you believed me? – Yes. | -你相信我了吗 -相信 |
[33:58] | Well, it’s nice to know one of us can act. | 很高兴我们中有一个会演戏 |
[34:06] | So what happened in there? | 在里面发生了什么事 |
[34:08] | Just take me home. | 送我回家吧 |
[34:10] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[34:37] | Good boy, Rocco. Stay here. | 乖乖 洛克 待在车里 |
[34:44] | We’ll wait to make sure that there’s no cars passing. | 我们要等一等确保没有车辆经过 |
[34:48] | When we’re sure no one’s coming, | 确定没人会来的时候 |
[34:50] | we’ll push the car into the lake. | 我们就把车推进湖里 |
[34:53] | And I brought some gin. | 我买了瓶杜松子酒 |
[34:55] | The police will think that she was driving intoxicated. | 警察会认为她是醉酒驾车 |
[34:58] | When they can’t find her body, | 如果他们找不到她的尸体 |
[35:00] | they’ll assume that she swam free of the car | 他们会认为她从车里游了出来 |
[35:03] | and got lost in the mountains. | 在山里迷路了 |
[35:05] | So, that’s where they’ll look for her. | 所以他们就会去山里找她 |
[35:07] | Cunning idea, don’t you think? | 狡妙的想法 你不觉得吗 |
[35:09] | Were you in love with him? | 你爱他吗 |
[35:12] | What? | 什么 |
[35:13] | You heard me. | 你听到了 |
[35:14] | Tom Madison. | 汤姆・麦迪逊 |
[35:16] | Were you in love with him? | 你爱他吗 |
[35:18] | You’re still thinking about that? | 你还在想这个吗 |
[35:20] | Yes, of course I am. | 当然了 |
[35:21] | You kept your feelings for him secret from me for 20 years. | 你瞒了我二十年你对他的感觉 |
[35:25] | Well, you’re a fine one to talk about secrets! | 你好意思说秘密 |
[35:27] | My secrets were my own. | 我的秘密是我自己的 |
[35:29] | Nothing to do with you. | 和你没关系 |
[35:31] | Well, I’m standing in the woods, | 我现在站在树林里 |
[35:32] | about to push a dead woman’s car into a lake. | 准备把一个死人的车推到湖里去 |
[35:34] | So let’s not pretend that I haven’t been inconvenienced. | 所以别假装我没受到影响 |
[35:38] | Now, pull yourself together. | 打起精神来 |
[35:40] | Get ready to push. | 准备推车 |
[35:41] | Wonderful. | 好极了 |
[35:43] | First, you tell me that you’re unhappy in our marriage, | 你先是和我说我们的婚姻不幸福 |
[35:46] | and only a garden club will make your life bearable. | 只有园艺俱乐部才能让你舒心 |
[35:49] | I wasn’t unhappy until recently. | 我是最近才不开心的 |
[35:51] | And now, I find out you’re in love with Tom Madison. | 现在 我发现你爱着汤姆・麦迪逊 |
[35:53] | – Do shut up. – You shut up. | -闭嘴吧你 -你闭嘴 |
[35:55] | What am I to you? | 我对你来说算什么 |
[35:57] | A pale runner-up? | 苍白的备胎吗 |
[35:58] | Some kind of chubby consolation prize? | 某种圆胖的安慰奖吗 |
[36:01] | I have loved you since the moment I met you. | 我从见到你那刻起就一直爱着你 |
[36:02] | Because I thought that you were kind and gentle. | 因为我以为你善良 温柔 |
[36:05] | And you would never hurt me. | 你永远不会伤害我 |
[36:06] | You were nothing like the Tom Madisons of this world. | 你跟汤姆・麦迪逊那种人完全不一样 |
[36:09] | Now, all these years later, | 而如今 这么多年后 |
[36:11] | I find out about your insane hobby. | 我发现了你疯狂的爱好 |
[36:13] | And you’ve hurt me more than anyone ever could. | 你对我的伤害比任何人都大 |
[36:16] | I’m beginning to think you’re the worst choice that I ever made. | 我开始觉得你是我做过的最糟糕的选择 |
[36:18] | Well, if that’s the way you feel… | 如果你是这么想的话 |
[36:21] | …why should we even stay married? | 那我们为什么还不离婚 |
[36:24] | At the moment, I truly don’t know. | 目前我还真不知道 |
[36:38] | Of course, this would be the point in the evening | 当然 我们现在 |
[36:40] | – when we finally get in the same car. – Yes. | -不得不坐上同一辆车了 -嗯 |
[36:43] | Well, you can drive. I’m too upset. | 你可以开车 我太生气了 |
[36:45] | I have my own set of keys. | 我自己有钥匙 |
[36:48] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[36:50] | My purse. | 我的包 |
[36:51] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[36:53] | I left it in Mrs. Yost’s car. | 我落在约斯特太太的车上了 |
[36:57] | – The police will find it. – I know! | -警察会发现的 -我知道 |
[37:04] | Bertram. No, Bertram! | 伯特伦 不 伯特伦 |
[37:09] | Bertie, be careful. | 伯特 小心 |
[37:14] | Bertie? | 伯特 |
[37:19] | Bertram? | 伯特伦 |
[37:22] | Bertram, where are you? | 伯特伦 你在哪 |
[37:25] | Bertram! | 伯特伦 |
[37:29] | I got it. | 我拿到了 |
[37:30] | What are you doing? Swim back. | 你干什么 快游回来啊 |
[37:33] | I can’t. | 我没法游 |
[37:34] | The cuff of my trouser, it’s caught. | 我裤子的裤腿被卡住了 |
[37:37] | Bertram, hold on. I’m coming. | 伯特伦 等着 我来了 |
[37:39] | Alma, wait there. | 艾尔玛 别过来 |
[37:40] | – No, I’m coming. – Alma… | -不 我要来 -艾尔玛 |
[37:44] | No, stay there, you can barely swim. | 别过来 你根本不会游泳 |
[37:46] | I got it. I’m coming. | 我可以 我来了 |
[37:49] | Whatever you do, | 不管你做什么 |
[37:50] | don’t let go of that purse. | 别松开那包 |
[37:52] | – Okay? – Yeah. | -好吗 -嗯 |
[37:59] | Alma? | 艾尔玛 |
[38:00] | Alma. | 艾尔玛 |
[38:03] | Alma. | 艾尔玛 |
[38:05] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[38:07] | – Did I do it? – Yes. | -我做到了吗 -是的 |
[38:08] | – Are you still caught? – No, it’s free. | -还卡着吗 -没 解脱了 |
[38:11] | Come on. | 快上去 |
[38:15] | I can’t catch my breath. | 我喘不过气了 |
[38:16] | Hang on, I’m… | 等等 我… |
[38:19] | – I’ve got you. – Okay. | -我接住你了 -好 |
[38:21] | – Take my arm. – Okay. | -抓住我胳膊 -好 |
[38:23] | – I’ve got you. – Okay. | -我来了 -好 |
[38:24] | Here… | 来 |
[38:55] | This your house? | 这是你家 |
[38:56] | Yeah. | 对 |
[39:00] | Well, how you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[39:03] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[39:05] | Funny enough… | 说来有趣… |
[39:07] | yeah. | 我挺好的 |
[39:10] | I’ve put up with so much. | 我忍了太多了 |
[39:12] | My whole life. | 我一生都是如此 |
[39:14] | Other girls got toast. | 其他的姑娘有吐司吃 |
[39:16] | I got crumbs. | 我只有面包渣 |
[39:20] | I wanted more, | 我还想要更多 |
[39:21] | but Mom made me think that girls who aren’t pretty | 但妈妈让我觉得 不漂亮的姑娘 |
[39:24] | should be thankful for whatever we can get. | 不管得到什么都应该心怀感激 |
[39:27] | And I believed her. | 我一直是相信她的 |
[39:30] | Then tonight, | 直到今晚 |
[39:32] | I finally said “No. | 我终于说出了 不 |
[39:35] | I deserve more.” | 我值得获得更多 |
[39:38] | And I felt good. | 我感觉很好 |
[39:40] | Man, what you did… | 你的行为… |
[39:42] | It took guts. | 是很需要勇气的 |
[39:44] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 |
[39:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[39:52] | Well… Let me, uh… Let me get your door. | 那…我来给你开门吧 |
[39:56] | I have an idea. | 我有个想法 |
[39:58] | What do you say we go out for a drink? | 我们出去喝一杯怎么样 |
[40:00] | Now? It’s close to midnight. | 现在吗 已经快12点了 |
[40:02] | Who cares? | 无所谓啊 |
[40:04] | I’m not tired. | 反正我不累 |
[40:09] | You know, I-I have, I have work to do in the morning. | 我…我明天早上要上班 |
[40:12] | It’s, um… it’s a new client. | 是一个新客户 |
[40:15] | – So… – Got it. | -所以… -明白了 |
[40:19] | Some other time, then. | 那就改天吧 |
[40:21] | Sure. | 当然 |
[40:23] | Sure… | 没问题… |
[40:26] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[40:28] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[40:29] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 我挺好的 |
[40:36] | Oh, it’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[40:37] | I can get my own door. | 我可以自己开门 |
[40:40] | Just trying to… | 我只是想要… |
[40:41] | show you respect. | 展现出对你的尊重 |
[40:44] | You do. | 你有的 |
[40:46] | Always. | 一直都有 |
[40:48] | And I appreciate it. | 我很感激 |
[42:17] | What in the world happened to you two? | 你们这是遭遇了什么啊 |
[42:19] | We got a flat tire in a terrible rainstorm. | 我们的车在暴雨中爆胎了 |
[42:22] | Not exactly the romantic evening we had planned. | 并不完全符合我们所计划中的浪漫之夜 |
[42:25] | Well, I don’t know about that. | 这我可说不好 |
[42:27] | What about you? What did you do tonight? | 你呢 今晚干什么了 |
[42:29] | Not much. Just listened to records. | 没干什么 就听了听歌 |
[42:33] | Is that Rocco? | 那是洛克吗 |
[42:36] | Uh, yes. | 是的 |
[42:37] | Mrs. Yost has gone on a trip to visit her sister, and, uh… | 约斯特夫人去看她姐姐了 然后… |
[42:41] | she’s asked us to take care of him. | 拜托我们帮她照顾它 |
[42:43] | How long will she be gone for? | 她要去多久啊 |
[42:47] | she’ll be gone a while. | 要有一段时间 |
[42:48] | Rocco, come on! | 洛克 快来 |