时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:15] | – Love you. – And I love you. | 我爱你 我爱你 |
[00:17] | – Hello. – Morning, sir. | 你好 早安 先生 |
[00:20] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[00:24] | – Good morning, Cecil. – Top o’ the morning to yeh. | 早安 赛瑟 祝你有美好的一天 |
[00:31] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[00:33] | – Goodbye, darling! – Goodbye, Charles! | 再见 亲爱的! 再见 查理 |
[00:36] | – What time can I expect you? | 什么时候回家? |
[00:37] | – Before supper. | 晚餐前 |
[01:45] | Oh! I forgot what it was like to spend a day in court. | 我都忘了 在法庭耗上一整天的感觉 |
[01:49] | That’s one of the luxuries | 这是捕捉外星人 |
[01:51] | to hunting down aliens and genetic mutants. | 和基因变种人的好处之一 |
[01:54] | You rarely get to press charges. | 成功起诉的机会少之又少 |
[01:57] | – It’s open. – What? | 车门已经开了 什么? |
[01:59] | – It’s unlocked. – That’s weird. | 车门没有锁 真奇怪 |
[02:02] | – I’m sure I locked it. | 我确定我锁了 |
[02:03] | – Must be an X-File. | 一定是灵异事件 |
[02:14] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[02:19] | I told you I locked the door. | 我告诉你我有锁车门 |
[02:25] | What do you think it is? | 你认为是谁? |
[02:27] | Ten to one you can’t dance to it. | 八成不是好听的音乐 |
[02:32] | Greetings, Agent Mulder. | 你好 穆德探员 |
[02:35] | Six months ago, British MP Reggie Ellicott received a cassette… | 六个月前 英国国会议长瑞吉·艾略特 |
[02:40] | ..Like the one you’re listening to now. | 收到一卷像这样的录音带 |
[02:42] | Unfortunately, when he popped the tape into the stereo… | 不幸的是 当他把录音带放进录音机时 |
[02:46] | ..He armed a device which, when he tried to exit the car,… | 触动了机关 当他想逃出车外时 |
[02:49] | ..Created an explosion heard five miles away. | 发生五哩外都能听到的大爆炸 |
[02:53] | The Scotland Yard forensic team | 苏格兰场警方的法医只能从 |
[02:55] | could only identify the poor bastard by dental records. | 他的牙科记录来辨认身份 |
[02:58] | If only he hadn’t reached | 若他没有打开车门引爆炸弹 |
[03:00] | for the handle and triggered the detonator! | 他就没事了 |
[03:03] | But how was he to know he | 但他怎么知道 |
[03:04] | was sitting on enough plastic explosive… | 他坐在能把车子 |
[03:08] | ..To lift the car 40 feet… | 炸上40呎高 |
[03:10] | ..And deposit the engine block on top of a three-story building? | 和把引擎盖 炸到三层大楼上的塑胶炸弹上 |
[03:15] | Aren’t we looking rather ghostly? | 你的脸色真差 |
[03:22] | It’s an old friend. | 她是个老朋友 |
[03:26] | – Aren’t you going to thank me? – For what? | 你不谢我吗? 为什么? |
[03:29] | Saving your life. | 救了你的性命 |
[03:30] | One tends not to make the same mistake twice. | 一般人是不会犯同样错误的 |
[03:33] | – I’ll try to remember that. | 我会记得的 |
[03:35] | – You left your sense of humour… | 噢 来吧 你该不会 是把幽默感 |
[03:37] | – ..In Oxford ten years ago? | 留在牛津了吧? |
[03:39] | – It’s one of the few things… | 没有 这是少数没被你 |
[03:41] | ..You didn’t drive a stake through. | 搞得荡然无存的东西之一 |
[03:51] | You know, some mistakes are worth making twice. | 有些错误 是值得一犯再犯的 |
[03:57] | Dana Scully, this is Phoebe Green, | 史卡利 这位是菲碧·格林 |
[03:59] | terror of Scotland Yard. | 苏格兰场警方的头痛人物 |
[04:01] | – Hello. – Hello. | 你好! 你好! |
[04:03] | She hates me. | 她讨厌我 |
[04:05] | What brings you to the colonies? | 什么风把你吹来了? |
[04:09] | Some clever bloke has been | 有个聪明的傢伙 |
[04:11] | giving the aristocracy a good scare. | 嚇坏了英国的上流社会 |
[04:13] | Killed off a ranking MP or three for good measure. | 已谋杀了一至三名 优秀的国会议员 |
[04:16] | Set Windsor Castle ablaze in 1992. | 92年还放火烧了温莎城堡 |
[04:20] | – Your car bomber? | 汽车炸弹客吗? |
[04:21] | – This one likes to burn his victims alive. | 不是 他喜欢用火烧死受害人 |
[04:24] | Can’t figure out how he does it either. | 我们不知道他是怎么办到的 |
[04:26] | Not a crumb of evidence at the crime scene. | 案发现场找不到半点证据 |
[04:29] | The last one died in his front garden,… | 上一个是死在他自己家的前院 |
[04:32] | ..His poor wife watching helplessly as he went up in smoke. | 他可怜的年轻妻子 无助地看着他被烧死 |
[04:35] | The Irish Republican Army? | 是爱尔兰共和军吗? |
[04:38] | Our suspect likes to send love letters to his victims’ wives. | 我们的嫌犯 喜欢寄情书给死者的妻子 |
[04:42] | Sent one to the wife of Sir Malcolm Marsden a month ago. | 一个月前他寄情书给马可麻登爵士的妻子 |
[04:47] | Three days later he narrowly | 三天后他的车库被大火烧毁 |
[04:48] | escaped a fire in his garage, burned down. | 而他侥幸逃过一劫 |
[04:51] | So they’re renting a place out on Cape Cod,… | 所以他们在鳕鱼角租了间房子 |
[04:55] | ..Bringing the family for an extended holiday. | 带了家人来到美国渡假… |
[04:58] | – Or until we catch the dirty bugger. | 或者直到我们捉到凶手为止 |
[05:00] | – He’s that determined? | 你认为凶手会锲而不舍? |
[05:01] | Judging by his success, | 从他所犯案的成功率来看 |
[05:03] | he takes a certain delight in his work. | 他似乎乐在其中 |
[05:05] | So what brings you on this detour to Washington DC, Inspector? | 是什么原因 使你绕道来华盛顿呢 督察? |
[05:11] | I figured my friend Mulder… | 我想 我的朋友 穆德 |
[05:15] | ..Couldn’t resist a three-pipe problem. | 对这种”三管悬案”一定有兴趣 |
[05:18] | I’ll run it by our arson specialist. | 我会和纵火案专家讨论的 |
[05:21] | Splendid. | 太好了 |
[05:23] | I’ll call London, let them know. | 我会通知伦敦方面 让他们知道 |
[05:32] | Oh, goodbye. | 再见 |
[05:39] | Three-pipe problem? | 三管悬案? |
[05:42] | – From Sherlock Holmes. | 那是由福尔摩斯得来的 |
[05:43] | It’s a private joke. | 这是我们之间的秘密笑话 |
[05:44] | – How private? | 有多秘密? |
[05:48] | We knew each other at school in England. | 我们在英国的学校中认识 |
[05:51] | She was brilliant and, uh… | 她非常聪明 |
[05:53] | I got in over my head and I… paid the price. | 而我爱她爱昏头了 付出惨痛代价 |
[05:58] | Mulder, you just keep unfolding like a flower. | 穆德 你的情史倒是多彩多姿 |
[06:01] | It was over ten years ago, Scully. | 那是十年前的事了 史卡利 |
[06:05] | Yeah. You couldn’t drop everything fast enough to help her out. | 是啊 我也留意到你放下手头上所有事去帮她 |
[06:09] | I was merely extending her a professional courtesy. | 噢 我只不过是提供专业协助 |
[06:13] | Oh, is that what you were extending? | 是吗? |
[06:15] | I am going to run this by the arson guys, | 我把案子转给纵火案专家 |
[06:18] | then she’s on her own. | 然后就得看她自己了 |
[06:19] | Something tells me you’re | 我有预感 |
[06:21] | not going to get rid of her that easily. | 你没这么容易摆脱她的 |
[06:28] | Beautiful! | 漂亮 |
[06:30] | Oh, just beautiful! | 真是漂亮极了 |
[06:33] | Look at that. Salmon-red flames. | 看 像鲑鱼般鲜红的火焰 |
[06:36] | This is 1400, 1500 degrees. This is a work of art. | 大约在1400到1500度 简直是艺术品 |
[06:41] | Was there any kind of incendiary device used? | 嫌犯有用到纵火装置吗? |
[06:44] | Yes, actually. The victim’s body. | 当然有 就是受害者的身体 |
[06:48] | – Spontaneous combustion? – He was murdered. | 是自燃吗? 他是被谋杀的 |
[06:51] | However, we’ve no evidence | 可是我们找不到 |
[06:53] | that tells us how he caught fire. | 显示死者身体如何着火的证据 |
[06:55] | That’s peculiar. People don’t normally just catch on fire. | 真奇怪 人体是不会无缘无故着火的 |
[06:59] | I mean, we burn, but we don’t conduct all that well. | 人体是会燃烧 但不会到这种程度 |
[07:03] | There’s usually some extraneous fuel involved, | 应该有像是 |
[07:06] | like candle wax, gasoline,… | 蜡油 汽油等易燃物体 |
[07:08] | ..Something flammable and incendiary that adheres to skin. | 粘着在死者的皮肤上 |
[07:12] | – Like an accelerant? – Like an accelerant! Yes! | 像是触媒? 像是触媒! 对… |
[07:16] | But we found no trace, save for magnesium at two sites. | 但我们什么都找不到 只有找到一些镁的灰烬 |
[07:19] | That’s alathactic pyrolysis, | 那是脂肪 |
[07:21] | a residue from an exothermic reaction. | 被高温分解后的残留物 |
[07:24] | There’s no evidence of the source. | 但是找不到任何起因 |
[07:26] | No pore pattern or ignition devices. | 没有气孔模式或点火器具 |
[07:29] | There have been some arson | 西雅图和宾州 |
[07:30] | fires in Seattle lately, and Pennsylvania. | 曾发生过纵火案 |
[07:33] | They burn so hot the firemen | 火大到连消防员都无法扑灭 |
[07:36] | can’t put them out. 7,000 degrees. | 温度高达7000度 |
[07:37] | – Hosing that down makes it worse. | 尝试扑灭反而弄巧成拙 |
[07:39] | – How’s that? | 为什么? |
[07:40] | Well, the, uh… reaction is so intense… | 因为燃烧过于激烈 |
[07:43] | ..That it splits the water into hydrogen and oxygen. | 把水分解成氢和氧 |
[07:46] | Just adds fuel to the fire. | 那无疑是火上加油 |
[07:48] | – What were they using? | 他们用什么纵火? |
[07:49] | – We don’t know for sure. | 不确定 |
[07:51] | Could be rocket fuel. | 可能是火箭燃料 |
[07:52] | That burns so hot and clean there’s never a trace left. | 那种燃料烧得猛烈 干净到不留半点痕迹 |
[07:55] | You see, it’s very difficult to prove arson. | 要证明是纵火相当困难 |
[07:58] | It’s driving the insurance companies nuts. | 保险公司快发疯了 |
[08:02] | That’s about the only explanation that I can give you. | 这是我唯一能给你的解释 |
[08:05] | There are cases of pyrokinetics, | 曾经有火热动力的案件… |
[08:07] | people who can control and conduct fire. | 有些人可以控制和引导火焰 |
[08:11] | Well, I’ve seen fire bend around corners. | 我见过火会转弯 |
[08:14] | I’ve seen it bounce like a rubber ball. | 也见过火像球一样的弹跳 |
[08:17] | Fire’s got a certain genius, you know,… | 火是有智慧的 |
[08:19] | ..A certain… demon poetry. | 像恶魔的诗句 |
[08:22] | It’s like it’s got a mind of its own. | 像是有自己的思想 |
[08:25] | But I’ve never seen one that can defy the laws of physics. | 但我从未见过能违反物理定律的火 |
[08:28] | Not when you figure it out. | 一切都得遵循物理定律 |
[08:30] | You’ve… ..Got quite a case for yourself here, | 穆德 这个案子很不简单 |
[08:34] | Mulder. I almost wish I could be in your shoes. | 真希望我能碰到这种案子 |
[08:57] | Hey, Jackson! | 嘿 杰克森 |
[09:01] | – Boy, that’s a nice house! – What a pleasant surprise! | 好漂亮的屋子 真令人惊喜 |
[09:04] | Welcome to America, Sir Malcolm. | 马可爵士 欢迎来到美国 |
[09:34] | In here, please. | 拿到里面去 谢谢你 |
[09:36] | And over there as well. | 那里也是 |
[09:38] | But the second one I want upstairs. | 但第二个我要放在楼上 |
[09:40] | Gentlemen, the second set | 先生们 |
[09:42] | of boxes will go directly up the stairs. | 下一批箱子直接搬到楼上 |
[09:45] | – Hello there. – Hello. | 你好! 你好! |
[09:48] | I’m Bob, the caretaker. | 我是管理员鲍伯 |
[09:50] | – We’ve been exchanging letters. | 我们通过信 |
[09:52] | – Oh, hello, Bob! | 你好 鲍伯 |
[09:53] | Excuse the paint. Hi. | 抱歉 衣服上有油漆 |
[09:55] | – Just trying to spruce the place up for you. | 正在为你们整修这地方 |
[09:58] | – Well, it’s delightful. | 这地方很棒 |
[10:00] | – The photos don’t do it justice. | 比照片上还要漂亮得多 |
[10:02] | – Anything I can do for you,… | 有什么需要我效劳的 |
[10:04] | ..Anything at all, you just holler. | 任何事 尽管开口 |
[10:06] | Thank you, Bob. | 谢谢你 鲍伯 |
[10:10] | – He seems like a rather nice fellow. – Very. | 他看来是个好人 不是吗? 没错 |
[10:14] | My God, darling! | 我的天 亲爱的 |
[10:16] | That painting rather looks like you. | 画中人跟你好像 |
[10:18] | Do you think? | 是不是? |
[10:20] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:44] | Bloody little cur! I’ll skin you alive! | 笨狗 我要活剥你的皮 |
[10:51] | You see? I’m the caretaker now. | 看到了 现在我才是管理员 |
[10:58] | So, Sherlock, is the game afoot? | 福尔摩斯 游戏开始了吗? |
[11:00] | Afraid so, Watson. | 恐怕是的 华生 |
[11:03] | But you’re off the hook on this one. | 但这件事不用你操心 |
[11:05] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[11:07] | I’m not going to put you through this. | 我不想让你受苦 |
[11:10] | – Put me through what? | 受什么苦? |
[11:11] | – Phoebe’s little mind game. | 菲碧的心理战 |
[11:13] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[11:16] | There’s something else I haven’t told you about myself, Scully. | 有些关于我的事 我没有告诉你 史卡利 |
[11:23] | I hate fire. Hate it. | 我讨厌火 非常讨厌 |
[11:27] | I’m scared to death of it. | 我怕火怕得要死 |
[11:31] | When I was a kid, my best friend’s house burned down. | 小时候 我好朋友的家烧毁了 |
[11:35] | I had to spend the night in the rubble, to keep away looters. | 我睡在瓦砾堆中 以防有人来趁火打劫 |
[11:39] | For years I had nightmares | 多年来 我不断梦到 |
[11:40] | about being trapped in a burning building. | 被困在火烧的大楼里 |
[11:43] | – And Phoebe knows about this? | 等等 菲碧知道这件事吗? |
[11:45] | – This is classic Phoebe Green. | 当然 这是她的典型作风 |
[11:48] | Mind-game player extraordinaire. | 她是精通玩心理游戏的高手 |
[11:50] | Ten years, | 我花了十年才忘了她 |
[11:51] | and then she shows up with a case like this. | 而她却带来一宗这样的案子 再度出现 |
[11:53] | She shows up knowing the power | 她知道她对你的影响力 |
[11:55] | she has over you and makes you walk through fire. | 逼着你跳入火坑? |
[11:58] | Phoebe is fire. | 菲碧就是火坑 |
[12:00] | Are you sure you don’t want me | 穆德 你确定 |
[12:02] | to help you out on this one? | 不要我帮忙调查这件案子? |
[12:04] | Sooner or later, a man’s gotta face his demons. | 人迟早要面对心魔 |
[13:01] | Hello. You’re the Marsdens’ driver? | 你好 你是麻登家的司机吗? |
[13:05] | Who’s that? | 你是谁? |
[13:08] | Bob. The caretaker. | 我是鲍伯 管理员 |
[13:15] | Oh. Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:16] | – Bum a smoke? – Yeah, sure. | 给我支烟好吗? 当然可以 |
[13:27] | I’m going into town. Can I get you anything? | 我要去镇上 你需要什么吗? |
[13:30] | Some cough medicine, if it’s no problem. | 若不麻烦的话 我要咳嗽药 |
[13:33] | Syrup or… uh… lozenges? | 药水还是喉片? |
[13:38] | Syrup’d be good. | 药水就行了 |
[13:42] | Can I give you some money? | 要我给你钱吗? |
[13:44] | I appreciate that! | 谢谢 |
[13:58] | Beer | 啤酒 |
[14:17] | They don’t let you bring your own around here. | 你不可以带自己的酒 |
[14:22] | I guess they’ll just have to make an exception… won’t they? | 我猜他们这次只能破例了 不是吗 |
[14:30] | You’re English! | 你是英国人 |
[14:33] | God, I just love that accent! | 天啊 我爱死你的口音了 |
[14:37] | Allow me. | 让我来 |
[14:39] | A gentleman, to boot. | 还是个绅士啊! |
[14:46] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊! |
[14:49] | Now, that is a trick! | 这是魔术 |
[14:51] | Hey, guys! Take a look at this! | 各位! 过来看看 |
[14:59] | Care for a light? | 要不要火? |
[15:18] | I pulled this report off the wire. | 我昨晚接到报告 |
[15:20] | A customer in a bar caught fire, | 目击者说酒吧里有人着火 |
[15:22] | but they’re still looking for a body. | 警方正在找寻尸体 |
[15:25] | Any indication an accelerant was used? | 有任何使用触媒的迹象吗? |
[15:27] | The bar is across from a fire station. | 酒吧对面是消防局 |
[15:30] | Burned down before they could respond. | 在消防员出动前 酒吧已烧成灰烬 |
[15:32] | It turned the concrete foundation into sponge cake. | 消防员说火势猛烈 把水泥地基烧得像海棉 |
[15:36] | This is a woman who was in the bar. | 这位女士当时就在酒吧里 |
[15:41] | – Hello. – Hello. | 你好 你好 |
[15:42] | – Miss Gotchek? – Yes. | 高察小姐吗? 我是 |
[15:44] | I’m Special Agent Mulder from the FBI. | 我是联邦调查局 特别探员穆德 |
[15:47] | This is Inspector Green. | 这位是格林督察 |
[15:51] | – Can you tell us what happened in the bar? | 请告诉我 昨晚在酒吧发生的事 |
[15:53] | – There was this guy. | 有个男人… |
[15:56] | I’d had a few drinks, so… | 我已经喝了几杯 所以… |
[16:01] | He sat next to me and… | 他坐在我旁边 |
[16:03] | ..He did this thing. | 他做了件事 |
[16:06] | It was like a magic trick where he lit his finger on fire. | 有点像变魔术 他的手指点着火 |
[16:12] | When I turned around he was up in flames. | 我转身后发现 他已全身着火 |
[16:17] | – Can you describe him? – Good-looking, I think. | 可以形容他的样貌吗? 他长得蛮好看 |
[16:20] | Brownish hair. | 咖啡色头发 |
[16:22] | – Long hair? Short hair? | 长发还是短发? |
[16:24] | – I’ve already told the police. | 我全告诉警方了 |
[16:26] | Could you work with an artist and come up with a sketch? | 可以请你和画家合作 画出他的相貌吗? |
[16:29] | – I had a few drinks. | 我说过我那时喝了点酒 |
[16:30] | – Can I get your name and address? | 请问你的全名和地址? |
[16:32] | See… | 听着… |
[16:36] | I live with someone. | 我现在跟人同居 |
[16:38] | – He thinks I was at school last night. | 他以为我昨晚在学校 |
[16:41] | – It’s no problem. | 没问题 |
[16:42] | You can come down to the field office and work with somebody. | 你可以来办公室 在那协助绘画 |
[16:46] | I’ll give you a minute to think about it, OK? | 我让你考虑一下 好吗? |
[16:57] | Deftly done, Agent Mulder. | 穆德探员 干得好 |
[16:59] | Casually disregard her indiscretion. | 泰然自若的面对她的轻率 |
[17:02] | Firm but polite until she co-operates. | 强硬但有礼貌地要求她合作 |
[17:04] | A technique I refined in my relationship with you. | 那是从我们交往过程中学到的 |
[17:10] | Oh. I see you haven’t lost your sense of humour. | 是的 看来你的幽默感依然存在 |
[17:16] | I’m sorry. That was a cheap shot. | 抱歉 我说得太过份了 |
[17:19] | I don’t want to dredge up the past. | 我不想重提往事 |
[17:22] | – Let’s just stick to the case. – Let’s. | 咱们专心办案吧 好的 |
[17:32] | – Look, Phoebe… – Unless I’m mistaken… | 听着…菲碧 除非我错了 |
[17:35] | ..Ten years seems time to have forgiven if not forgotten… | 都过了十年你应该有雅量原谅 |
[17:39] | – ..A few youthful indiscretions. | 我年少时轻率的错误 |
[17:41] | – I’m cursed with a photographic memory. | 过去的一切 我历历在目 |
[17:45] | Then don’t you tell me that you’ve forgotten… | 别告诉我 你已忘了 |
[17:48] | ..A certain youthful indiscretion… | 我们年少时的轻率 |
[17:51] | ..Atop Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s tombstone… | 那个晚上 我们在 |
[17:54] | ..On a misty night in Windlesham. | 阿瑟康奈爵士的墓碑上做的事 |
[17:58] | Like I said, let’s just stick to the case. | 我刚说过了 专心办案 |
[18:03] | It occurred to me that we’re going to a lot of trouble… | 嫌犯大概已经被烧成灰烬 |
[18:07] | ..To find the description of a man who was burnt to a crisp. | 干嘛还大费周章的去找他呢? |
[18:11] | I would agree, but they haven’t found a body yet. | 我同意你的说法 但他们仍未找到尸体 |
[18:19] | So, can we count on you? | 你愿意合作吗? |
[18:21] | Yeah. OK. | 好吧 |
[18:24] | I don’t know if it matters… | 我不知道是否有帮助 但我记得一些事 |
[18:31] | He had an English accent. | 关于着火的男人 他有英国口音 |
[18:41] | Having a rough time, huh? | 不舒服吗? |
[18:52] | Maybe it’s the cough syrup. | 也许是因为咳嗽药吧 |
[19:27] | After reviewing the files of the Scotland Yard arson murders, | 看完苏格兰场对于纵火谋杀案的报告后 |
[19:29] | Two points remain unexplained. | 有两个无法厘清的地方 |
[19:30] | One is the use of an untraceable accelerant. | 第一是毫无痕迹的触媒 |
[19:32] | The other involves the victims. | 第二是受害者 |
[19:35] | Since they all burned in the | 他们全都在很安全的环境中 |
[19:37] | presence of family members in safe surroundings,… | 并在家人面前烧死的 |
[19:41] | ..This indicates unusually | 显示纵火者 |
[19:43] | intimate access to the victims by the arsonist. | 必定是死者的熟人 |
[19:47] | The arsonist is most likely a male, | 纵火犯应是男性 |
[19:49] | less than 25 years of age. | 25岁以下 |
[19:52] | He will often act out of impulse,… | 他犯案通常是临时起意 |
[19:54] | ..Satisfying sexual urges | 以破坏行为 |
[19:56] | or insecurities with destructive behaviour… | 来满足性欲或不安全感 |
[19:59] | .. which compensates for social inadequacies or maladjustment. | 以补偿自己社交生活上的挫败 |
[20:03] | – You boys want to see a magic trick? – OK. | 你们要不要看魔术? 好啊! |
[20:08] | – What’s your names? – Michael. And Jimmie. | 你们叫什么名字? 麦可和吉米 |
[20:11] | – Doesn’t he talk? – Yes! | 他不说话的吗? 会啊 |
[20:16] | – What kind of magic trick? | 哪种魔术? |
[20:17] | – Maybe I’d better not. | 最好还是不要表演给你们看 |
[20:19] | – Show us! – You might tell your mom and dad. | 表演嘛 你们会告诉爸妈的 |
[20:22] | – We won’t tell. – Really? | 我们不会 真的? |
[20:24] | – Promise? – Promise. | 保证不会? 保证不会 |
[20:26] | Hope to die? Stick a needle in your eye? | 要是违背誓言就会下地狱吗? |
[20:30] | OK, boys. You’ve taken the | 好吧 小朋友 |
[20:32] | solemn oath of trust that can’t be broken,… | 你们发的誓是一定要遵守的 |
[20:35] | ..Except… under penalty… ..Of death. | 除非 面临死刑判决 |
[20:44] | Watch. | 看着 |
[20:49] | – Is it in there? – No. | 在那里吗? 没有 |
[20:51] | Ah! You’re too smart for me! | 你们太聪明了 |
[20:54] | – Where did it go? – Where did it go? | 它去了那里? 它去了那里? |
[20:57] | – Where do you think, Jimmie? – I don’t know. | 你猜去了那里呢 吉米? 不知道 |
[20:59] | Uh… I think I remember. | 我记起来了 |
[21:15] | – Do it again! – You want me to do it again? | 再做一次! 你们要我再做一次? |
[21:18] | OK. I’ll do it again. | 对! 好吧 我再做一次 |
[21:26] | Agent Beatty? I’m Special Agent Dana Scully. | 比提探员? 什么事? 我是特别探员史卡利 |
[21:30] | – Can I steal a minute of your time? – Yeah, sure. | 可以打扰一下吗? 好…没问题 |
[21:33] | Come in. I’m just working on this Mafia torch job here. | 请进… 我只是在看这黑手党纵火案 |
[21:37] | I’m… working with Agent Mulder. | 我是穆德探员的拍档 |
[21:39] | Oh, yeah. Wild case. | 是的 神秘案件 |
[21:41] | So, what can I do for you? | 有什么能效劳的吗? |
[21:43] | You said the arsonist might be | 你提到那纵火犯可能使用 |
[21:45] | using some kind of rocket fuel as an accelerant. | 火箭燃料之类做助燃剂 |
[21:49] | Just speculation. | 是的 那只是推测 |
[21:50] | It doesn’t explain how he sets bodies on fire. | 但仍无法解释 他怎样让人体着火 |
[21:53] | What if he got some of this fuel into some… | 如果他把燃料混在 |
[21:56] | ..Hand cream, or… | 乳液中或者… |
[21:58] | Well, you’ve got to understand that… | 你必须明白 |
[22:02] | ..Even the smallest amounts of this | 这样的燃料只要极少量 |
[22:04] | stuff can produce temperatures over 5,000 degrees. | 就能产生五千多度的火焰 |
[22:07] | But I suppose it’s not impossible. | 不过这并非不可能 |
[22:10] | Extremely diluted. | 他可以大量稀释 |
[22:11] | He’d still have to find a way to ignite it. | 但还是需要方法来燃点 |
[22:16] | Wow! It lit by itself! | 自己会燃烧! |
[22:18] | Come on. Sit down. | 来吧 坐下来 |
[22:22] | So… – You guys ever smoked a cigarette? | 你 们有抽过烟吗? |
[22:25] | – No, they’re bad for you. | 没有 抽烟有害健康 |
[22:28] | Would you like a puff, Michael? | 要不要试试 麦可? |
[22:31] | – No. – Make a man out of you. | 不要 抽烟才像大男人 |
[22:34] | – I don’t want to. | 我不要 |
[22:35] | – Why don’t you hold one for me? | 你为何不帮我拿着? |
[22:41] | How about you, Jimmie? | 你呢 吉米? |
[22:45] | Huh? Little man? | 你是个大男人 |
[22:56] | Jimmie! Michael! | 吉米! 麦可! |
[23:01] | Hello. | 你好 |
[23:07] | We’ve had a bit of bad news. | 有个坏消息 |
[23:09] | Our driver has taken ill and | 我们的司机病了 |
[23:11] | we’re due at a party in Boston this evening. | 但傍晚我们在波士顿有个宴会 |
[23:14] | Is there any chance that we can | 可不可以麻烦你 |
[23:15] | impose upon you to drive the family into town? | 开车送我们去? |
[23:18] | We’d be happy to pay you for your time | 我们乐意给你加班的费用 |
[23:20] | and put you up for the night. | 当然晚上你可以留宿 |
[23:22] | – I’d be very happy to do it as a favour. | 我很高兴帮得上忙 |
[23:25] | – Good. Thank you. | 太好了 谢谢你 |
[23:26] | Boys, let’s go. Daddy’s got lunch all ready. | 走吧 孩子们 爸爸已把午餐准备好 |
[23:36] | The arsonist is usually unmarried | 纵火犯通常未婚 |
[23:39] | and prone to obsessive fantasies… | 对无法亲近的女性或男性 |
[23:42] | ..About women or men inaccessible to him. | 有不切实际的幻想 |
[23:44] | The setting of fires results from his cowardice | 纵火的欲望来自懦弱 |
[23:47] | ..And inability to develop a natural relationship. | 及无法与人有正常社交关系 |
[23:51] | His crimes are often very clever | 他的罪行通常很聪明 |
[23:53] | and elaborately planned. | 事前经过仔细策划 |
[23:55] | The suspicious nature of the fire last night strongly suggests | 昨晚可疑的火灾显示 |
[24:00] | ..The arsonist has followed Lord Marsden to the United States. | 纵火嫌犯跟随马可爵士来到美国 |
[24:04] | A check of all recent | 我们已经开始调查 |
[24:06] | immigration to the northeastern area is under way. | 近日东北地区的入境名单 |
[24:10] | It has become not a matter of if… | 这案子已不是”如果”了 |
[24:13] | ..But when he will strike. | 而是他”何时”下手 |
[24:15] | – Here’s that immigration data you wanted. – Thank you. | 这是你要的入境名单 谢谢你 |
[24:19] | You’re welcome. | 不用客气 |
[24:24] | Remember those reports | 还记得那些会控制 |
[24:25] | about people who can control and conduct fire? | 及点燃火苗的人的报告吗? |
[24:28] | – Vaguely. | 很模糊 |
[24:29] | – This guy just told us he’s far more exotic. | 我想嫌犯是想告诉我们 他比那些人更特别 |
[24:32] | I should say so, if he can set himself on fire. | 我同意 我意思是如果他可以自燃 |
[24:36] | – What? – I’m not used to someone so quick to agree. | 干嘛?我不习惯 有人这么快就同意我的说法 |
[24:40] | – Oh. – What protection does the family have? | 爵士一家受到什么样的保护? |
[24:42] | The driver’s a very capable bodyguard. | 司机是个很棒的保镳 |
[24:44] | He should get more men and limit exposure. | 爵士应该多找几个人手 并减少公开露面 |
[24:48] | There’s a party in their honour tonight in Boston. | 他们今晚在波士顿有个宴会 |
[24:51] | – They’ll have to cancel. – Unless you want to set a trap. | 他们应该要取消 除非你想设个陷阱 |
[24:57] | I had thought of that,… | 我有想过 |
[24:58] | ..But we must be careful and discreet. | 但我们必须小心谨慎 |
[25:01] | The party’s at eight, at the Venable Plaza. | 宴会8点钟在凡奈宝广场举行 |
[25:04] | I’ll travel with the family. | 我会跟他们一起去 |
[25:06] | Why don’t you go on ahead and have a look around? | 你何不先去查看环境? |
[25:09] | Oh, and I’ve taken a room at the hotel for the night. | 我已经在酒店订好了房 |
[25:31] | Thanks. Thank you. | 谢谢 多谢你 |
[26:01] | – Mulder. – It’s Scully. Where are you? | 我是穆德 我是史卡利 你在那里? |
[26:03] | I’m in Boston | 我在波士顿 |
[26:04] | I’ve got something to show you | 我有些东西给你看 |
[26:07] | – I’m going to come up there. – What have you got? | 我会过来找你 你找到什么? |
[26:10] | I might have information on the identity of your arsonist. | 我也许掌握了纵火案嫌犯的资料 |
[26:16] | – Are you there, Mulder? | 你听到吗 穆德? 有… |
[26:20] | – Yeah. – Can I meet you somewhere? | 我到哪里找你? |
[26:22] | No.It’s just that I’m kind of anticipating having my hands full. | 不 只是… 我…我现在很忙 |
[26:32] | Hey! We’re here! | 我们到了! |
[26:34] | – Good evening. – Thank you. | 晚安 谢谢你 |
[26:36] | – Evening, sir. – Hello. | 晚安 先生 你好 |
[27:27] | Enjoying yourself? | 玩得开心吗? |
[27:29] | Good food, witty conversation… | 美食 诙谐的谈话 |
[27:32] | I’m having the time of my life. | 是我这辈子最快乐的时光 |
[27:37] | I wondered if you think it’s | 你觉得这里是否够安全 |
[27:39] | safe enough to indulge ourselves in a dance. | 我们可以跳舞吗? |
[27:42] | It doesn’t look like your | 看来嫌犯 |
[27:44] | arsonist is going to make an appearance. | 今晚不会现身了 |
[27:46] | That doesn’t mean there won’t be any fires to put out. | 这不代表你不用灭火 |
[27:58] | I’ve thought about you often. | 我很想念你 |
[28:45] | There’s a fire upstairs! | 楼上失火了! |
[28:47] | – What? – On the 14th floor. | 什么? 在14楼! |
[28:49] | That’s where the children are. | 孩子们在那里! |
[29:07] | You’ve got a fire on the 14th floor! | 14楼失火了! |
[30:20] | Here we go! We got one down! | 快点! 快点! 带他下来! |
[30:22] | Come on, buddy! Come on! | 振作点! 醒醒! |
[30:27] | – Can you walk? – I got him. | 你能走吗? 我救到他了! |
[30:35] | – Here we are. – Mummy. – Jimmie! Michael! | 我们安全了 妈咪! 吉米!麦可! |
[30:42] | You saved their lives! | 你救了他们的性命 |
[30:44] | – Who is he? – He’s the driver. | 他是谁? 他是司机 |
[31:00] | Well done! Good job. | 做得好! 谢谢你 |
[31:18] | You were really out. | 你昏倒了 |
[31:25] | – Where’s Phoebe? – She’s down the hall. | 菲碧在那里? 她在大厅 |
[31:30] | – What about the kids? | 孩子们呢? |
[31:32] | – OK. The doctor checked them out. | 没事 医生检查过他们 |
[31:43] | What happened to you up there? | 你在楼上发生了什么事? |
[31:47] | I panicked. Couldn’t move, Scully. | 我嚇坏了 动弹不得 所以… |
[31:51] | It could have happened to anyone. | 任何人都可能这样 |
[31:53] | Yeah. But it happened to me. | 是的 但是发生在我身上 |
[31:55] | I haired out. | 我嚇坏了 |
[31:57] | Plain and simple. | 就这么简单 |
[32:00] | What do you know about this guy that saved the kids? The driver? | 你了解这位救了小孩的人吗? 司机? |
[32:05] | I checked him out prior to the Marsdens’ arrival. | 爵士到达前 我有查过他的背景 |
[32:10] | He’s worked on the property for eight years. No record. | 他在那渡假别墅已工作了八年 没有前科 |
[32:14] | His references checked out. They were lucky he was here. | 背景资料查证无误 还好今晚他在这里 |
[32:18] | – Who was watching the kids tonight? – He was. | 今晚谁负责看护孩子们? 就是他 |
[32:20] | – Are you sure? – I could have sworn I saw him | 你确定吗? 我发誓我在走廊看到他 |
[32:22] | in the hall about the time the fire broke out. | 差不多是火灾发生的时候 |
[32:25] | You couldn’t have. Anyway, our suspect is English. | 不可能的 我们要找的嫌犯是英国人 |
[32:29] | Hey. | 你好 |
[32:32] | I came to see if you were OK. | 我来看看你是否安好 |
[32:36] | – How are the kids? – They’re fine. | 孩子们好吗? 他们没事 |
[32:39] | Everybody’s anxious to get back. | 大家都急着回家 |
[32:41] | – To the Cape? – Only to pack. | 回别墅? 只是去打包 |
[32:43] | They’re travelling back to England the day after tomorrow. | 他们已订好机票 后天回英国 |
[32:47] | And you? | 你呢? |
[32:50] | I’ll be leaving in a few days. | 我这几天就会离开 |
[32:56] | I’ll give you a ring back at the Bureau before I leave. | 我离开前会打电话给你 |
[33:04] | Good bye. | 再见 |
[33:08] | Are you OK? Yeah. | 你没事吧? 没事 |
[33:12] | Are you at all interested | 你对于我远道而来 |
[33:14] | in what I came all the way up here to show you? | 给你看的东西还有兴趣吗? |
[33:17] | Yeah. | 有 |
[33:22] | Well, I did some checking on my own. | 我自己做了一番调查 |
[33:25] | I didn’t know a whole lot about | 我对纵火案或嫌犯并不了解 |
[33:27] | arson or arsonists, so I took the opportunity. | 所以我藉此机会 |
[33:30] | For my own edification, of course. | 来增长一些见识 |
[33:35] | I ran a profile of possible incendiary fuels and accelerants… | 我查过档案中 纵火案里 |
[33:39] | ..That could have been used in the crimes. | 可能派上用场的 燃料与触媒 |
[33:42] | I also took the liberty of running a search through Interpol… | 我也透过国际刑警查过 |
[33:46] | ..Of all the gardeners and | 所有被害人在遇害时 |
[33:48] | domestic help that were hired by the murder victims. | 所雇用的园丁 佣人和工人 |
[33:51] | – And? – And… | 然后呢? 然后 |
[33:54] | These people probably don’t even tie their own shoes. | 这些人 大概连鞋带都不是自己绑的 |
[33:57] | There were over 200 names,… | 雇用的人超过两百人 |
[34:00] | ..And not a duplicate… except one. | 都没有重复的名字 除了一个 |
[34:04] | A Cecil Lively. | 赛瑟 莱富黎 |
[34:06] | He worked as a gardener for two of the victims. | 他是两位被害人的园丁 |
[34:09] | – What did you find on him? – Nothing. | 对他有什么发现? 没有 |
[34:11] | – So he’s clean? – Apparently,… | 所以他是清白的 明显地 |
[34:13] | ..He was questioned by Scotland Yard and they released him. | 苏格兰场警方问过话 就把他释放了 |
[34:17] | But I dug a little further. | 但我又追查下去 |
[34:19] | Cecil Lively is a documented citizen of Great Britain. | 赛瑟 莱富黎是个英国公民 |
[34:24] | Paid his taxes, never been on the dole… | 他准时缴税 没领过失业救济金 |
[34:27] | A model citizen. | 是个模范公民 |
[34:28] | Until he died in 1971 in a London tenement fire. | 直到71年 死于伦敦寓所中的火灾 |
[34:34] | I know. That’s what I thought. | 我知道 我也猜到了 |
[34:36] | So, I checked a little further. | 所以我继续追查下去 |
[34:38] | Cecil L’Ively, spelled L apostrophe, | 赛瑟 莱富黎再度出现 只是名字稍有不同 |
[34:40] | came up again. In fact, it came up twice. | 事实上 出现过两次 |
[34:43] | On a list of death certificates, | 第一次是 |
[34:45] | among children who died in ritual sacrifice… | 出现在63年被邪教杀死的 |
[34:48] | ..By a satanic cult in 1963 | 小孩的死亡名单中 |
[34:50] | in the Tautingham Woods outside Bath, England. | 地点在英国的塔丁翰森林 |
[34:53] | – Where else did you find it? – You’re gonna love this. | 你还查到什么? 你一定喜欢这个 |
[34:57] | On a list of recent visas issued by the British Government. | 在最近由英国政府签发的签证显示 |
[35:00] | Cecil L’Ively’s passport was stamped by US Immigration… | 赛瑟 莱富黎的护照上 有美国移民局的盖印 |
[35:04] | ..Two weeks ago in Boston. | 是两星期前在波士顿盖的 |
[35:08] | Call the local field office | 打电话 给波士顿的联邦调查局分局 |
[35:09] | in Boston of the FBI and get them to fax you… | 请他们把根据酒吧里目击者 |
[35:12] | ..The composite the witness did. | 所画的素描传真过来 |
[35:15] | Fax it to every local law enforcement agency. | 并且传真给各区的所有警局 |
[35:18] | – What are you gonna do? – Try and catch Phoebe. | 你打算做什么? 我要去找菲碧 |
[35:20] | This guy could be waiting for them at Cape Cod. | 嫌犯可能在别墅等待他们 |
[35:27] | Yes. This is Special Agent Scully. | 我是特别探员史卡利 |
[35:29] | I’ve been waiting on hold for | 我在等你们 |
[35:31] | you guys to fax me a composite of an arson suspect. | 把纵火案嫌犯的画像传真过来 |
[35:35] | Right. Hang on a second. | 是的 请等一下 |
[35:37] | It’s coming through. Thanks. | 传过来了 谢谢 |
[35:50] | Oh, my God! It’s the driver. | 天啊 是那个司机 |
[35:54] | The cellular customer you are trying to reach | 您拨打的电话 |
[35:55] | is out of the area. | 不在服务区 |
[36:27] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[36:34] | His name is Cecil L’Ively. | 他的名字是赛瑟 莱富黎 |
[36:36] | – Who? – Your arsonist. | 谁? 你的纵火案嫌犯 |
[36:39] | Where’s the rest of the family? | 其他人呢? |
[36:41] | – They went outside for a walk. – Well, go find them. | 他们去散步了 去找他们回来 |
[36:44] | We’ve got to get them packed and out of here. | 要他们赶快收拾行李离开这里 |
[37:22] | It’s the driver. | 是那个司机 |
[37:24] | I know. He disappeared. | 我知道 他失踪了 |
[37:27] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了? |
[37:29] | Nothing. Um… | 没事 |
[37:32] | I found this out in the garage… | 我在车库里找到这个 |
[37:34] | It’s been very hard on the family. | 爵士一家很难接受这件事 |
[37:36] | Did you get the composite? Yes. | 你收到素描了吗? 收到了 |
[37:38] | I don’t believe it.I can’t believe it. | 我真不相信!我不能相信 |
[37:41] | – He’s worked for us for over ten years. | 他为我们工作十多年了 |
[37:44] | – Obviously there’s been some mistake. | 一定是搞错了 |
[37:48] | Oh. Oh, my God! | 我的天啊! |
[37:52] | – This isn’t the driver! It’s the caretaker! | 这不是司机! 是管理员! |
[37:55] | – He’s upstairs with the children! | 他跟小孩在楼上 |
[38:00] | Michael! | 麦可? |
[38:02] | Michael! | 麦可! |
[38:04] | Jimmie! | 吉米! |
[38:13] | Looks like we’ve found the missing driver. | 看来我们找到失踪的司机了 |
[38:16] | Mulder! In here, quickly! | 穆德 在这里 快点过来 |
[38:18] | – What’s going on?! | 发生什么事? |
[38:19] | – They just went off – all by themselves! | 它自己燃烧起来 |
[38:40] | – Oh, my God! – Everybody out! | 我的天啊! 所有人都出去! |
[38:49] | – I think he rigged the whole house. – Oh, no! | 整间屋子都动了手脚 |
[38:53] | It’s fuel. | 是燃料 |
[38:56] | Go! Go! | 走! |
[38:58] | Come on! Move! Move! | 快点! 来吧! 快走! |
[39:03] | Scully, find a fire extinguisher. | 史卡利 你去找个灭火器 |
[39:05] | – Everybody else, out! – What about the children? | 其他人快出去 孩子们怎么办? |
[39:08] | I’ll take care of the children. | 我会照顾孩子们 |
[39:12] | Go! | 快走! |
[39:14] | – Are you going to be OK, Mulder? | 你不会有事吧 穆德? |
[39:16] | – Oh, yeah. I’ll be fine. | 我不会有事的 |
[39:17] | There’s no place I’d rather be. | 我在这里如鱼得水 |
[39:42] | Michael! Jimmie! | 麦可? 吉米? |
[39:44] | Are you in there? | 你们在里面吗? |
[39:47] | Help! | 救命!… |
[39:53] | Time to call 911? | 该打911了吗? |
[39:57] | Don’t move! | 别动! |
[40:24] | Freeze! | 别动! |
[40:26] | Federal Agent. | 我是联邦探员 |
[40:29] | You won’t shoot me. | 你不会开枪 |
[40:33] | Stay right where you are! | 留在原地 |
[40:37] | See? | 看吧? |
[40:40] | Cos you don’t know… | 因为你不知道… |
[40:42] | ..The spark from that round… | 枪口冒出的火花 |
[40:45] | ..Won’t blow this whole house to kingdom come. | 会不会把这房子炸上天去 |
[41:06] | Back off, Scully! It’s the accelerant! | 退后 史卡利! 那是触媒! |
[41:13] | Someone help us! | 有人吗? 救救我们! |
[41:43] | – Oh, my boys! My babies! | 我的孩子! |
[41:45] | – Michael! Jimmie! Thank God! Thank God! | 麦可!吉米! 我的宝贝! 感谢上帝! |
[41:55] | You can’t kill me! | 你们杀不了我! |
[42:06] | You can’t fight fire… | 你无法用火 |
[42:09] | ..With fire! | 战胜火的! |
[42:34] | Care to take me to lunch? | 介意和我共进午餐吗? |
[42:38] | Scare you? | 嚇到你了吗? |
[42:40] | You have no idea. | 魂都被你嚇飞了 |
[42:42] | Where is Phoebe? | 菲碧在那里? |
[42:44] | – I don’t know. – You don’t know? | 不知道 你不知道? |
[42:49] | – She didn’t call? – No. | 她没打电话来? 没有 |
[42:51] | – She did messenger this to me last night. | 她昨晚送来这卷录音带 |
[42:54] | – Did you play it? | 你听了吗? |
[42:56] | – No. – Why not? | 没有 为什么没有? |
[42:59] | Aren’t you curious what’s on it? | 你不好奇她说了什么吗? |
[43:03] | Ten to one you can’t dance to it. | 八成不是好听的音乐 |
[43:12] | X-File number 11214893. | X档案第11214893号 |
[43:15] | Addendum to the file opened by Special Agent Mulder. | 穆德探员开启档案附录 |
[43:19] | The arson suspect, Cecil L’Iver | 纵火案嫌犯 赛瑟·莱富黎 |
[43:21] | was admitted to Boston Mercy Hospital | 被送入波士顿医院 |
[43:24] | with fifth and sixth degree burns over his entire body. | 全身有五到六成的严重烧伤 |
[43:28] | Military burns specialists have been… | 军方烧伤治疗专家 |
[43:30] | ..Brought in to study the case, | 曾经也参与调查 |
[43:32] | which they’re calling extraordinary,… | 对此案感到不可思议 |
[43:35] | ..As the suspect not only survived, | 因为嫌犯不但存活 |
[43:38] | but also had rapid regeneration of his basal cell tissue. | 而且细胞生长速度惊人 |
[43:41] | Full recover is anticipated in as little as a month. | 他一个月内将会完全康复 |
[43:48] | L’Iver is being held | 莱富黎 目前在高度设防康复中心 |
[43:49] | in a high-security medical facility, | 安置在高压室中 |
[43:54] | ..Until he can be tried | 直到接受审判 |
[43:56] | for the murder of a Massachusetts caretaker. | 以谋杀麻州管理员的罪名起诉 |
[43:59] | His body temperature remains at a steady 109 degrees. | 他的体温保持在109度 |
[44:02] | Health technicians have removed anything flammable | 因为他身边不断发生火灾 |
[44:05] | from his room due to several fires in the vicinty. | 医护技术人员 移走房内所有的易燃物质 |
[44:09] | According to Agent Mulder, further incarceration… | 据穆德探员表示 监禁他… |
[44:13] | ..Remains a problem for federal penal authorities. | 只会为联邦监狱带来更多问题 |
[44:17] | Can I get you anything, sir? | 有需要什么吗 先生? |
[44:24] | I’m just dying for a cigarette. | 我好想抽根烟 |