时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | 乔治梅森酒店 弗吉尼亚州里士满 | |
[01:16] | Morris? | 摩瑞斯 |
[01:21] | Morris, I need to talk to you! | 摩瑞斯 我得跟你谈谈 |
[01:25] | Morris, it’s me. Are you in there? | 是我 你在吗 |
[01:28] | Morris? | 摩瑞斯 |
[01:32] | Morris, if you’re in there, open the damn door! | 摩瑞斯 如果你在就打开门 |
[01:36] | Morris! Morris, open up! | 摩瑞斯 开门 |
[01:43] | Morris, I need to talk to you! | 我得跟你谈谈 |
[01:46] | Gail Anne is dead. It was my fault. | 安葛儿死了 是我的错 |
[02:01] | Morris, I need to talk to you. | 摩瑞斯 我得跟你谈谈 |
[02:04] | Come to the door, Morris, please. | 摩瑞斯 求你了 开门 |
[02:06] | Answer the door, dammit! | 应个门吧 可恶 |
[02:19] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[02:24] | No. | 不 |
[02:26] | Oh, God, no! No, God! | 天啊 不… |
[02:31] | God, no. | 天啊 不 |
[02:33] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不… |
[02:36] | Please, no. Please! | 求你了 不要 |
[03:27] | Two apparent abductions in a month, then this one. | 不到一个月出了两桩劫持案 然后这一宗 |
[03:31] | My contact says the Richmond PD’s hit a brick wall, | 据我的联络人所知 里士满警方碰壁了 |
[03:34] | so I said we’d have a look. | 我们来看看吧 |
[03:36] | – Who’s your contact? – Kelly Ryan. | -联络人是谁 -她叫凯莉莱恩 |
[03:38] | She was one of my students at the academy. | 她是我在学院教书时的一个学生 |
[03:41] | She’s been bumped up to detective,… | 已经升到探长的职位 |
[03:43] | ..and she’s nervous about her supervisor | 但是她不敢让上级知道 |
[03:46] | finding out the FBI are involved. | 联邦调查局会来参与 |
[03:48] | – Kelly? – Agent Scully. | -凯莉 -史卡利探员 |
[03:51] | – Hi. This is Agent Mulder. – Hi. Thank you for coming. | -这是穆德探员 -谢谢到来 |
[03:55] | – You’re welcome. – Heard a lot about you. | -不客气 -久仰大名 |
[03:58] | We’ll talk later. | 那些以后再说 |
[04:00] | The missing man is Patrick Newirth, aged 52. | 失踪者叫柏德尼维夫 52岁 |
[04:05] | He’s a top executive with Morley Tobacco, up here for a meeting. | 是摩里烟草的高级主管 来这里开会 |
[04:09] | – He arrived by train. – How do you know he’s missing? | -是坐火车来的 -怎么知道他失踪了 |
[04:12] | He set a wake-up call for 6 a.m. | 他预约早上6点的闹钟服务 |
[04:14] | The operator tried, but got no answer. | 工作人员打了电话 但没人接 |
[04:16] | Mm. Scotch. It looks like he barely touched it. | 是酒 看起来没喝多少 |
[04:19] | Needless to say, he missed his meeting. | 当然他也没去开会 |
[04:22] | After three hours, they sent hotel security up. | 3小时后 酒店派安全人员过去 |
[04:25] | The door was locked, security chain fastened. | 门锁上了 锁链也扣着 |
[04:28] | And when they broke in, no Patrick Newirth. | 当他们破门而入时 里面没人 |
[04:31] | – Windows? – Locked from the inside. | -窗子呢 -从里面反锁的 |
[04:34] | We’re six storeys up, no fire escape. No way in or out of this room. | 这是6楼 没有逃生梯 只有这个出口 |
[04:39] | – Agent Scully, what are you lookin’ at? – Uh, the heat register. | -史探员 你在看什么 -看出风口 |
[04:44] | – You think anyone could squeeze in there? – You never know. | -不会有人挤得进去吧 -那可不一定 |
[04:49] | – You guys turn up any forensics evidence? – Uh, just this. | -有鉴定出什么线索吗 -只有这个 |
[04:58] | – Scully, look at this. – What is it? | -史卡利 看这个 -这是什么 |
[05:02] | We don’t know. | 不知道 |
[05:02] | The hotel claims it wasn’t here before Mr Newirth checked in. | 饭店说尼维夫先生 入住前没有这东西的 |
[05:06] | There were similar burn marks at the previous crime scenes. | 之前的犯罪案 也有类似的烧痕 |
[05:10] | – Was Patrick Newirth a smoker? | -尼维夫先生有抽烟吗 |
[05:12] | – No. His wife says he loathed cigarettes. | -他太太说他最讨厌香烟 |
[05:15] | – Yet he worked for a tobacco company. – Did you run a test on it? | -但他却在烟草公司上班 -有做过检验吗 |
[05:19] | Yes, sir. Mostly carbon, with some potassium and trace minerals. | 有 长官 主要是碳 有夹杂钾和一些矿物质 |
[05:22] | – Could be residue from burnt human flesh. | -可能是烧过的人体残渣 |
[05:25] | – Does this look like an arm to anybody? | -这看起来像不像手臂 |
[05:28] | – An arm? – What are you thinkin’, Mulder? | -手臂 -你在想什么 穆德 |
[05:33] | This burn mark is right where I’d stand to answer the door, right? | 要应门就会站在这里 对不对 |
[05:37] | – Yes. – And I’d only look out the peephole… | -对 -要是有人敲门的话 |
[05:40] | – ..if there was something to look at, right? – That makes sense. | -就从这里看 -有道理 |
[05:50] | – Could you have this bulb dusted for prints? – Of course. | -请化验灯泡上的指纹 好吗 -当然 |
[05:55] | And can you run those against Mr Newirth’s? Do you have his prints? | 顺便比对尼维夫的指纹 找得到他的指纹吗 |
[05:59] | From his toiletries and check-in slip. | 盥洗用品和登记卡上面有 |
[06:01] | Check them against all hotel employees and guests. | 也比对所有的饭店人员及房客 |
[06:05] | – Anything else? – What’s the name of the last missing person? | -还有呢 -上一个失踪的叫什么名字 |
[06:10] | That would be Margaret Wysnecki. | 那是玛格丽特·伟斯力奇 |
[06:13] | Thanks. This should do it. | 谢谢 这会有用 |
[06:15] | Is this your first case, Detective? | 这是你第一个案件 探长 |
[06:19] | – Yes, sir. – Any idea why they gave it to you? | -是的 -知道为何会交给你做吗 |
[06:24] | No one else wanted it. | 没人要做 |
[06:26] | Because of the lack of evidence, this is still a missing persons case,… | 因为缺乏证据 而且这类失踪案件 |
[06:30] | ..not likely to end up on the front pages. | 不太可能上头版 |
[06:33] | I wouldn’t be so sure about that. | 那可不一定 |
[06:37] | Can I ask what you think may have happened? | 我想问你觉得出了什么事? |
[06:40] | At first blush? Spontaneous human combustion. | 乍看下 应该是人体自燃 |
[06:48] | You’re doing just fine. | 你做得很好 |
[06:50] | – Having a little fun? – What do you mean? | – 你开玩笑吗 – 什么意思? |
[06:53] | – Spontaneous human combustion? | 人体自燃 |
[06:55] | – I have case files of bodies reduced to ash… | 我有整个档案夹的 |
[06:58] | ..with no attendant burning or melting. | 非燃烧现象人体成灰的案子 |
[07:00] | Rapid oxidation without heat. | 无热度却快速氧化 |
[07:02] | Let’s forget that there’s no scientific theory to support it. | 先不要考虑 可论断的科学理论 |
[07:06] | OK. | 好的 |
[07:17] | 弗吉尼亚州里士满 伟斯力奇宅 | |
[07:43] | Hey, Scully. Can you spare a prophylactic? | 史卡利 你有多的塑胶手套吗 |
[07:59] | What are the odds of that, huh? | 为什么要这样 |
[08:01] | Darkness covers a multitude of sins. | 黑暗掩盖罪恶 |
[08:05] | Check this out. My newest tool in the fight against crime. | 你看 这是我对抗犯罪 最新的工具 |
[08:10] | $49.95 at your local hardware store. | 在五金行只要美金49.95元 |
[08:13] | Neat trick. For your birthday, I’ll buy you a utility belt. | 好精致 等你生日 我买个腰带给你放这个 |
[08:25] | – Look at this, Mulder. – Hm. What do we know about the victim? | -穆德 你看 -知道失踪者的资料吗 |
[08:30] | Margaret Wysnecki, aged 66. | 玛格丽特伟斯力奇 66岁 |
[08:32] | Widowed, retired from Laramie Tobacco, where she worked for 36 years. | 寡妇 退休 在拉拿美烟草做了36年 |
[08:37] | Tobacco? Patrick Newirth worked for Morley Tobacco. | 烟草 柏德尼维夫 是在摩里烟草 |
[08:41] | Half of Richmond earns their paycheck making cancer sticks. | 里士满一半的市民 都是靠致癌物生活的 |
[08:45] | – Could be just a coincidence. – Yeah, probably. | -只是巧合吧 -或许 |
[08:47] | The first missing person, Gail Anne Lambert, | 第一个失踪的人安葛儿 |
[08:51] | worked for Polarity Magnetics Inc. | 是在两极磁学公司上班 |
[08:56] | They didn’t find any prints. | 屋里找不到指纹 |
[08:58] | Why should the prints on the bulb mean anything? | 为何你觉得 灯泡上的指纹有问题 |
[09:01] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[09:07] | Oh, look at this, Scully. | 看这个 |
[09:09] | Someone forgot to empty the trash. | 有人忘了倒垃圾 |
[09:14] | M Wysnecki, round trip to Hampton Roads, Virginia. | 玛格丽特 来回维吉妮亚州 汉顿路 |
[09:17] | Return train dated March 17th. | 3月17日的回程票 |
[09:19] | – The day she disappeared. | 是她失踪的同一天 |
[09:21] | – Patrick Newirth came by train. | 柏德尼维夫是坐火车来的 |
[09:24] | And Gail Anne Lambert… | 那安葛儿… |
[09:27] | Uh, no. Nothing here puts her near the train station. | 与坐火车毫无关联 |
[09:31] | Maybe that detail was overlooked. | 也许有些细节被忽视了 |
[09:33] | What’s the significance? | 会有什么意义呢 |
[09:35] | Maybe these people are being hunted, | 或许他们是被追杀 |
[09:37] | and the hunter’s working the train station. | 而杀手想在火车站下手 |
[09:41] | What about spontaneous human combustion? | 那怎么会自燃呢 |
[09:44] | Maybe it’s not spontaneous. Call your young detective,… | 或许不是自燃性的 打电话给那女探长 |
[09:47] | ..and tell her to get a detail down to the train station. | 请她找找看 有关火车站的资料 |
[10:49] | Suspicious male in the alley behind the station. | 可疑男子在火车站后的小巷 |
[10:53] | I’m gonna check him out. | 我去查看 |
[10:55] | Roger that, 64. I ‘m on my way. | 收到了 64 我们马上来 |
[10:58] | Sir, could I speak with you? | 先生 能跟你谈谈吗 |
[11:02] | Hold on! I only wanna ask you a couple of questions! | 我只想问你几个问题 |
[11:05] | All right, stop right there. Don’t move. Just hold it. | 站住 不准动 |
[11:09] | Put your hands in the air, sir. | 双手举高 先生 |
[11:14] | Stay… away from me. | 离我远一点 |
[11:19] | What do you think you’re doin’? Come on outta there. | 你以为你在做什么 从那边出来 |
[11:22] | We just wanna talk to you. | 我们只是想跟你谈谈 |
[11:25] | Stay away from me. I don’t wanna hurt you. | 离我远点 我不想伤害你们 |
[11:29] | – Move it. – Hands where we can see them. | -快点 -双手放在我们看得见的地方 |
[11:43] | Please… I’m warning you. | 拜托 我警告你们 |
[11:47] | – I’m a dangerous man. | -我是个危险人物 |
[11:49] | – Keep movin’, pal, out where we can see ya. | -走出来到看得见的地方 |
[11:57] | All right. I want you to lie face down on the ground. | 我要你面向地趴下 |
[12:02] | Don’t… come any closer. | 别再靠近 |
[12:05] | Get down on the ground, sir. Now! | 趴下来 先生 |
[12:09] | Please! You don’t understand. | 拜托 你不明白 |
[12:13] | – Oh, God! No! – Barney? | -天啊 不 -班尼 |
[12:18] | Don’t! No! Stay away! | 不 让开点 |
[12:26] | Oh, God! | 噢 天啊 |
[12:29] | Oh, God! Not again! | 别再这样 |
[12:32] | No! No! No! No! | 不 |
[12:57] | What happened here, Kelly? | 凯莉 发生什么事 |
[12:59] | I sent two patrolmen down here. | 我派了两个巡警过来这里 |
[13:01] | They lost radio contact with them just after midnight. | 午夜之后 便与他们失去联络 |
[13:05] | – All they found was two more scorch marks. – Nothing else? | -只发现多了两个烧焦痕迹 -还有呢 |
[13:09] | No. Suddenly this could be a cop-killer case, | 没有了 或许那凶犯想杀警察 |
[13:11] | and I’m indirectly responsible. | 而我也有间接责任 |
[13:13] | – You were just doing your job. | 你只是在做你的工作而已 |
[13:15] | – They wanna know why I sent these men. | 上面问我为何要派他们来 |
[13:18] | – If I tell them I’ve involved you, they’ll snap. | -要是他们知道你们来 一定气死 |
[13:21] | – Those prints? | 灯泡上的指纹 |
[13:22] | I ran it against all the hotel staff and guests,… | 已比对过所有工作人员及房客 |
[13:26] | ..then through the national databases. No match. | 也查过国家资料库 找不到吻合 |
[13:31] | – Some first case, huh? – Make sure you hang on to this case. | -是初犯了 -你得坚持查缉此案 |
[13:35] | I’m sure something will turn up. | 一定会有结果的 |
[13:37] | – These ideas of yours. Care to share them? – Not yet. | -你的想法 可以说出来吗? -还不行 |
[13:41] | – You don’t have a clue, do you? | 毫无线索 对不对 |
[13:43] | – He was here, Scully. I was right about that. | 他有来过 史卡利 我是对的 |
[13:50] | – So where does this leave us? | 这留给了我们什么? |
[13:52] | – Maybe with enough to identify the killer. | 或者足以指认出凶手 |
[13:55] | – How? – He was here last night. | -怎么指认 -他昨晚来过 |
[13:58] | He was also probably here on March 17th and March 31st. | 在3月17日及31日 或许也曾经来过 |
[14:02] | The days that the other two people disappeared. | 就是其他两人 失踪的日子 |
[14:05] | That leaves us with three days of station video tapes to check… | 所以我们得查看 3个天次的车站监控影带 |
[14:08] | – ..and hopefully find out who this guy is. | 希望会发现那男子是谁 |
[14:11] | – That’s assuming we’re looking for a guy. | 要是凶手是个男的 |
[14:14] | Either way, the security camera’s our only witness. | 不论如何 那监控摄影机 是唯一的证人了 |
[14:23] | It could be any one of these people, Mulder. | 可能是这里面的人 |
[14:26] | Or none of them. | 也可能都不是 |
[14:28] | We’ve gone through the entire week | 整个星期的带子都看完了 |
[14:30] | and I’m still not sure how to find him. | 却还是找不出来 |
[14:33] | That’s it for March 22nd on the arrival deck. | 那是3月22日到达站的带子 |
[14:36] | – Let’s go back to the terminal tape. – Again? | -再回到月台的画面 -再看吗 |
[14:40] | He’s gotta be on at least one tape. | 他一定会在某个带子里面 |
[14:42] | Chances are he’s not carrying a sign with an arrow on it. | 他是不可能身上写着 “就是我”走来走去的 |
[14:46] | There you go. | 你们看吧 |
[14:51] | See this guy, right here? He’s always here. | 看这个人 他常常在那里 |
[14:54] | What’s he doing? | 他在做什么 |
[14:58] | – Looking at the floor. – Why’s he doin’ that? | -看地板 -为什么要那样做 |
[15:01] | Probably the same reason | 或许那是为什么 |
[15:03] | he spends his whole afternoon in the train station. | 他整个下午都在火车站 |
[15:07] | – Can you freeze this and blow it up 200%? – Sure. | -这里定格放大两倍 -好 |
[15:16] | OK. Can you reframe and blow it up some more? | 再定标并再放大 |
[15:21] | See, he’s got something on his jacket. | 外套上有个东西 |
[15:23] | Let’s see if I can pull it up. | 看看能不能放出来 |
[15:29] | Polarity Magnetics. | 两极磁学公司 |
[15:31] | That’s where the first victim worked. | 是第一个受害人工作的地方 |
[15:49] | Looks like it’s been closed up. | 好像倒闭了 |
[15:53] | – Yes? – We’re Agents Mulder and Scully, FBI. | 我们是联邦调查局的 穆德及史卡利 |
[15:58] | We’re looking for a man | 我们在找个 |
[16:00] | who may have worked here. | 可能曾在此工作的人 |
[16:05] | When was this taken? | 这是什么时候拍的 |
[16:07] | March 22nd. Do you know him? | 3月22日 你认识他 |
[16:09] | Sure I know him. Dr Chester Banton. | 当然认识 是班顿博士 |
[16:12] | – He was my business partner. – You mean he’s not any more? | -他是我以前的合伙人 -已经不是了吗 |
[16:18] | I don’t know. I would assume not. | 不知道 应该不是了吧 |
[16:20] | This is the first I’ve seen of him in five weeks. | 五个星期以来我第一次看到他 |
[16:23] | – I wondered if he wasn’t gonna turn up dead. – How’s that? | -希望他不会是死了吧 -怎么说呢 |
[16:27] | Chester was involved in a terrible accident here. | 班顿牵涉到 一桩可怕的意外 |
[16:34] | Polarity Magnetics does, or did, primarily two kinds of research. | 两极磁学主要做… 曾经做过两种研究 |
[16:39] | Mostly we designed maglev applications – | 主要是设计磁力应用 |
[16:41] | people movers, bullet trains. | 像高速接驳车 子弹列车等等 |
[16:43] | But, for Chester, | 对班顿来说 |
[16:44] | that just paid the bills for the theoretical stuff he was interested in. | 他只对空谈的研究有兴趣 |
[16:49] | – Which was what? – Researching dark matter. | -比如什么 -研究黑暗物质 |
[16:51] | Quantum particles, neutrinos, gluons, mesons, quarks. | 量子分子 中子 胶子 介子 夸克 |
[16:55] | – Subatomic particles. – The mysteries of the universe. | -次原子之类的 -宇宙奥秘 |
[16:59] | – The very building blocks of reality. | 是所有物质的基石 |
[17:01] | – Except no one knows if they exist. | 但无人知道那是否真存在 |
[17:04] | Chester was sure they did. | 班顿确信是存在的 |
[17:06] | So sure, he bet his life on it. | 肯定到赌上他的命 |
[17:13] | This is where it happened. | 就是在这里 |
[17:15] | Chester was working | 班顿在此 |
[17:16] | to isolate a new particle. | 研究如何分离出新分子 |
[17:18] | – He’d been working on it for a year. – This is a particle accelerator. | -已经花了一年在研究 -这是分子加速装置 |
[17:22] | One fifth the power of the Texas Supercollider | 用一个百货卖场的空间可产生 |
[17:25] | in the space of a Wal-Mart. | 德州超大发电厂1/5的能量 |
[17:27] | – Powered by what? – A couple of billion megawatts. | -多少能量 -几十亿的百万伏特 |
[17:30] | – Virginia Power loved us. | 维吉妮亚电力公司最爱我们 |
[17:31] | – Exactly what happened here? | 这里到底发生什么事 |
[17:34] | The work involved bombarding beta particles with an alpha target,… | 研究内容就是将乙型分子冲击甲型目标 |
[17:38] | ..negative against positive. | 负极对正极 |
[17:40] | Chester had started the countdown | 班顿开始倒数时 |
[17:43] | when he realised he’d made a mistake. | 发现出了一个错 |
[17:46] | Something needed readjusting in the target room. | 得调整冲击目标舱房 |
[17:49] | Except you can’t stop the countdown once you’ve begun. | 但开始了倒数就 无法停止 |
[17:53] | There was time to safely make the change,… | 本来有时间安全地做调整 |
[17:56] | ..but I had left the room for a minute when Chester decided to go in. | 但当班顿决定进去时 我离开了一会儿 |
[18:01] | I didn’t realise until it was too late | 等我发现时太迟了 |
[18:04] | that the door had locked behind him. | 他已被锁在里面了 |
[18:23] | Look at this. | 看看这东西 |
[18:25] | As far as I can tell, it burned Chester’s shadow right into the wall. | 我只能说那是 班顿在门后烧出的影子 |
[18:30] | – How did he survive? – All I can figure is,… | -那他怎么还活着 -我只能猜想 |
[18:33] | ..the quanta liberated off the target have virtually no mass. | 冲击目标释放的量子 本身没有质量 |
[18:37] | – They slid right through his body. – Like getting an X-ray. | -只是扫过了他的身体 -就像照X光 |
[18:41] | A two-billion-megawatt X-ray. | 20亿百万伏特的X光 |
[18:43] | When I saw on the monitor what was happening,… | 当我在荧幕上 看到发生什么事 |
[18:46] | ..that Chester was trapped in here, I panicked. | 发现他被关在里面 我很紧张 |
[18:49] | I cut the power, but it was too late. | 我切断电源 但已太迟了 |
[18:53] | I remember looking, and… seeing Chester. | 我记得进来找他 看到他还在 |
[18:58] | He was perfectly calm,… ..almost like he wanted it to happen. | 他非常冷静 像是本来就希望会这样子 |
[19:03] | Like he was finally going to experience the dark matter he had theorised… | 有如他终于验证了 他理论中的黑暗物质 |
[19:07] | ..in some kind of physical way. | 而且是亲身验证 |
[19:11] | As if the truth might come into him. | 就像真相存在他体内一样 |
[19:17] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[19:20] | What do you think, Scully? | 你觉得怎样 史卡利 |
[19:23] | Well, this looks like the same kind of | 看起来与其他犯案现场 |
[19:26] | material found at the other crime scenes. | 发现的物质是一样的 |
[19:29] | Maybe it is some kind of spontaneous human combustion. | 或许是 某种人体自燃 |
[19:32] | I’m less convinced of that now. | 现在我不太肯定了 |
[19:35] | – What do you think it is? – I don’t know. | -你认为是什么 -不知道 |
[19:38] | Whatever it is, it’s connected to the person of Dr Chester Banton. | 无论是什么 都与班顿博士 本人有关 |
[19:42] | Maybe even part of him. | 也许只有一小部分 |
[19:44] | Well, whatever it is, we have to find him. | 不论如何 得找到他 |
[19:48] | I know of only one place to start lookin’. | 我知道有个地方可以找 |
[20:08] | There’s no sign of him, Mulder. Maybe he’s moved on. | 没发现他 或许他走了 |
[20:13] | What are you looking at? | 你在看什么 |
[20:15] | On the tape, he kept staring at the floor. | 在录影带里 他一直盯着地板 |
[20:18] | I’m trying to figure out what he might have been looking at. | 我在思考 他会是在看什么 |
[20:21] | Maybe the exposure affected his mind. | 可能那次曝光影响他的脑子 |
[20:24] | Nonsensical repetitive behaviour is common in mental illness. | 无意义的重覆行为 是心理病的一般征兆 |
[20:28] | You trying to tell me something? | 你想告诉我什么呢 |
[20:32] | I called Detective Ryan. | 我打电话给莱恩探长 |
[20:33] | She’s having the prints on the bulbs checked against Banton’s. | 她已经在比对班顿的指纹 |
[20:38] | Did you tell her about his accident? | 有告诉她班顿博士的意外吗 |
[20:40] | No. I only told her he was a possible suspect, | 我只告诉她博士有嫌疑 |
[20:43] | and that it was too early to get her hopes up. | 现在给她希望太早了 |
[20:46] | And that we have more questions than answers. | 而且现在的问题 比已回答的还多 |
[20:49] | – Like? – Like a motive. Like a murder weapon. | -比如呢 -比如动机 凶器 |
[20:53] | – Like… – What if Dr Banton… | -还有… -如果班顿博士… |
[20:56] | Look here. There are hardly any shadows cast. | 看这里 这里很难投射影子 |
[20:59] | – What do you mean? – The lighting in here is diffused. | -什么意思 -光线在这里是散的 |
[21:02] | Soft light. What if that’s what Dr Banton was looking for? | 是柔光 会不会 这就是他在找的 |
[21:07] | Looking for his shadow? | 找自己影子吗 |
[21:17] | Dr Banton. | 班顿博士 |
[21:41] | Stop right there! | 就站那儿 |
[21:44] | Dr Banton! | 班顿博士 |
[21:51] | Please… just leave me alone. | 拜托 别烦我 |
[21:54] | We’re federal agents, Dr Banton. | 我们是联邦探员 班顿博士 |
[21:56] | You don’t understand. You’re making a big mistake. | 你不明白 你犯了大错 |
[22:01] | Stay away from me. | 离我远点 |
[22:06] | Wait! | 等等 |
[22:08] | It’ll kill you. It doesn’t care who you are. | 那会杀了你 不论你是谁 |
[22:19] | Oh, thank God! | 感谢主 |
[22:34] | 弗吉尼亚州皮德蒙德 亚洛夫精神病院 | |
[22:39] | – I thought he was to be kept in the dark. – He insisted on soft light. | -命令是要他待在黑暗中的 -他坚持要柔光 |
[22:43] | It’s the only way he’d let us open the door. | 这样他才准我们开门 |
[23:04] | How can you even… begin to understand what it’s like? | 你们怎么可能明白 这像什么呢 |
[23:09] | – We’re trying to understand. – Living in a train station day and night. | -我们正试图要明白 -日夜住在火车站 |
[23:13] | Living like a bum. | 像个乞丐般 |
[23:15] | Afraid to fall asleep because of what might happen. | 害怕睡着 因为可能会出事 |
[23:20] | The accident in the lab, the quantum bombardment. | 实验室那意外 就是量子冲击 |
[23:23] | You believe that altered you physically? | 是否生理上改变了你 |
[23:26] | You could… You could say that. | 可以这么说 |
[23:29] | Can you tell us how? | 怎样的改变 |
[23:33] | Even if I could, you wouldn’t understand. | 我可以说 但你们不会懂的 |
[23:37] | – But it has something to do with dark matter. | 但这与黑暗物质有关吧 |
[23:39] | – It has everything to do with dark matter. | 一切都与黑暗物质有关 |
[23:42] | My shadow… ..isn’t mine. | 我的影子… 不再是我自己的 |
[23:49] | It’s… It’s like a black hole. | 它 它像个黑洞 |
[23:52] | It splits molecules into component atoms. | 分子分割为原子成分 |
[23:55] | It unzips electrons from their orbits, | 将电子拉出轨道 |
[23:57] | reduces matter into pure energy. | 使物质转为纯能量 |
[24:01] | – That’s how you killed Gail Anne Lambert? – It wasn’t me. | -你就这样杀了安葛儿 -不是我杀的 |
[24:06] | Gail Anne was my colleague. | 安葛儿是我的同事 |
[24:09] | She… | 她 |
[24:13] | The night after the accident, I went to see her. | 意外那天晚上 我去看她 |
[24:19] | I was just standing in the doorway. | 我只是站在门外 |
[24:23] | I was… I was looking right at her. | 我正看着她 |
[24:29] | And then she was gone. | 突然间她消失了 |
[24:32] | You have no control over it? | 你不能控制它 |
[24:34] | If I could control it, | 要是我能控制 |
[24:35] | do you think I would let it go around killing people? | 你认为我还会到处杀人吗 |
[24:40] | All I can do is… | 我所能做的只是 |
[24:43] | ..study it. | 研究它 |
[24:45] | Try and divine its… its true nature before they do. | 在他们之前尝试洞悉它的本质 |
[24:50] | They? | 他们 |
[24:53] | The government. | 政府 |
[24:59] | They’re after me. | 他们在找我 |
[25:03] | And when they find me,… | 要是我被找到 |
[25:06] | ..they’re going to do the brain suck they’ve just been dying to do. | 他们就会吸我的脑 他们一直想这样做 |
[25:12] | “Brain suck”? For the purpose of? | 吸脑 要做什么 |
[25:15] | For the purpose of stealing what has taken me years to accomplish. | 想偷取我多年所得 |
[25:20] | And don’t think they wouldn’t kill to get it. | 别以为他们不会为此杀人 |
[25:23] | But if they killed you, wouldn’t your shadow just… | 但他们若杀了你 你的影子会不会… |
[25:26] | Disappear? Who knows? | 消失吗 谁知道呢 |
[25:34] | That’s why you have to get me out of here. | 所以你们得把我弄出去 |
[25:38] | If I die… | 我若死了 |
[25:40] | there could be nothing left to tether this thing. | 就没人能控制此事了 |
[25:44] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[25:47] | I’m gonna have to ask you to discontinue interrogating the suspect. | 我得要求你们 停止质问疑犯 |
[26:03] | This is Detective Barron, the primary on this case. | 这是巴隆探长 他是此案负责人 |
[26:07] | – I was wondering what your involvement is. – We caught the guy. | -不知你们为何参与此事 -我们捉到他的 |
[26:11] | I appreciate that. | 我很感谢 |
[26:12] | But no one seems to recall inviting the FBI in on this case. | 但没人知道 有邀请过联邦调查局来参与 |
[26:17] | Agent Mulder and I are here in an unofficial capacity. | 我与穆德探员 不是正式指派而来 |
[26:20] | Then who brought you in? | 那是谁找你们来的 |
[26:24] | We were curious about the unexplained nature of the case. | 我们好奇于此案的非自然现象 |
[26:29] | Banton’s prints place him at two of the crime scenes. | 班顿的指纹证明他牵涉另两个案件 |
[26:32] | And Transit Authority tapes | 铁路局的录影带拍摄到 |
[26:34] | show him in the vicinity of two of the most recent victims. | 他在最后两名受害者附近 |
[26:37] | – I’d say this case is pretty much explained. | 所以本案已经大明了 |
[26:40] | – Really? Have you talked to Dr Banton? | 是吗 你与班顿谈过吗 |
[26:43] | Don’t try to interrogate me, Agent Mulder. | 我希望你不是在质问我 穆德探员 |
[26:44] | I’m not the suspect. | 我不是疑犯 |
[26:47] | You know nothing about this case, | 我不认为你了解此案 |
[26:49] | so you stuck it with Detective Ryan. | 所以你与莱恩探长一起来 |
[26:51] | – Let her decide how to proceed. | 让她来决定该怎么做 |
[26:53] | – She is handling this case. She’s done well. | 案子是她的 她做得很好 |
[26:57] | I see no reason not to let her prosecute it | 只要犯人被转送走 |
[26:59] | once the prisoner has been transferred. | 就会让她继续执行调查 |
[27:01] | Transferred? Where? | 要转送 到哪里 |
[27:04] | To the city jail, for his arraignment. | 到市监狱 准备传讯 |
[27:06] | I don’t think you appreciate the danger that he poses. | 你应该不清楚 这人的危险性 |
[27:10] | I don’t think you have the authority to | 你没有权利命令 |
[27:12] | tell me or anyone else in my unit how to do our job. | 我或我的手下 |
[27:18] | I think we can handle it from here, Agent Mulder. | 就让我们自己处理吧 穆德探员 |
[27:20] | We’ll call you if there’s anything more you can do. | 有别的事 我们会找你 |
[27:24] | Come on, Mulder. Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[27:29] | Soft light. He needs soft light. | 得让他在柔光下 |
[27:35] | I hope you know what you’re doing, | 希望你知道你在做什么 |
[27:37] | putting Detective Ryan’s ambition over good sense. | 你糟蹋了莱恩探长的雄心 |
[27:40] | Ambition? She’s a woman trying to survive the boys’ club. | 雄心 她是个尝试在 男人堆里生存的女人 |
[27:44] | – Believe me, I know how she feels. | 相信我 我了解她的感受 |
[27:46] | – You never put yourself ahead of your work. And that’s what’s happening here. | 你从未在工作上强出头 那就是她的样子 |
[27:51] | Look, the fact is, we have no jurisdiction here. We were called in as a favour. | 事实是我们无权处理 我们只是来帮忙的 |
[27:55] | And we just handed the A-bomb to the Boy Scouts. | 还刚刚把大炸弹 交给了童子军 |
[27:58] | I’m sure precautions will be taken. | 他们会小心的 |
[28:01] | I’m sure Robert Oppenheimer | 我肯定政府会做的 |
[28:02] | heard that from the same government Dr Banton is afraid of. | 就是班顿所害怕的 |
[28:06] | You believe this paranoia about brain sucking? | 你该不会相信 他所说的吸脑吧 |
[28:09] | That man is scared, and not just of his own shadow. | 他很害怕 不仅是他自己的影子 |
[28:12] | As brilliant as Dr Banton may be, | 像班顿博士这么出色的人 |
[28:14] | he is also clearly delusional. | 也可能会过度幻想 |
[28:16] | – He shows almost every textbook indicator. | 他就像课本上的范例 |
[28:19] | – We’ve both seen the physical evidence. | 我俩都看到证据了 |
[28:23] | Look, I don’t know how to explain it. But that’s not our job. | 我不知要如何解释 但那不是我们的事 |
[28:27] | I don’t know what else we should do. | 不知道还能做些什么 |
[28:30] | I think I do. | 我知道 |
[29:11] | All you’ve given me is a name. Chester Ray Banton. | 你只给了我一个名字 班顿博士 |
[29:14] | Dr Chester Ray Banton. Do you know him? | 是班顿博士 你知道他 |
[29:16] | No. Should I? | 不 我应该吗 |
[29:18] | He’s being held by the police | 他因牵连几桩奇怪的命案 |
[29:21] | in connection with several bizarre murders. | 而被警方扣留 |
[29:22] | He’s a physicist, | 他是物理学家 |
[29:24] | researching quarks, gluons… Dark matter. | 研究夸克 胶子等等黑暗物质 |
[29:28] | – He thinks the government is out to get him. | 他相信政府在捉他 |
[29:31] | – It’s tax season. So do most Americans. | 要缴税了 许多美国人都这么想 |
[29:34] | – He believes his life is in danger. – Is he a dangerous man? | -他相信自己有生命危险 -他是危险的人 |
[29:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[29:40] | – Where is he being held? – Yaloff Psychiatric Hospital. | -他被关在哪 -在耶洛夫精神病院 |
[29:43] | – But not for long. – I’m afraid I can’t help you. | -但也关不久了 -我恐怕帮不上忙 |
[29:47] | – Why? – Last time I helped you, I bloodied my fist… | -为什么 -上一次帮你 不但被打伤 |
[29:51] | ..and regrettably exposed my identity to associates of yours. | 还在你同事面前暴露身份 |
[29:55] | Yes, I know. | 是 我知道 |
[29:56] | And you can trust them as you trust me, I promise. | 但你可以像相信我一样相信他们 我保证 |
[29:59] | Dead men can’t keep promises. | 死人不能保证 |
[30:02] | The next time, the blood and regret could be yours. | 下一次 流血与后悔的可能就是你 |
[30:06] | I’m not at your beck and call, Agent Mulder. | 你不能当我随传随到 穆德 |
[30:09] | I have nothing to gain and everything to lose by helping you. | 帮你我得不到什么 反而失去所有 |
[30:13] | Promise you won’t contact me again unless absolutely necessary. | 希望你保证除非绝对必要不会再联络我 |
[30:24] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[30:57] | Frank, are your lights on? Ours just went… | 法兰 你那边灯亮着吗 我们的刚… |
[31:02] | Hi. We’re here to transfer Chester Ray Banton. | 嗨 我们是来转送班顿的 |
[31:07] | I have orders he’s being transferred tomorrow. | 命令说是明天才转送他 |
[31:09] | Due to the power outage, there’s been a change of plans. | 因为停电 计划改变了 |
[31:14] | No one’s supposed to go in there! | 那里不准进去 |
[31:28] | Here. | 这里 |
[31:31] | Quickly. | 赶快 |
[31:35] | Who are you? | 你们是谁 |
[31:37] | No. Don’t do this. | 别这样 |
[31:39] | Please, no. No, don’t. Leave me alone. | 拜托 不要 别碰我 |
[32:57] | – What did you find out, Scully? | 查出了什么吗 史卡利 |
[32:59] | – Richmond PD had two officers outside. | 外面有两个里士满警局的人 |
[33:01] | – They didn’t see anybody come in. | 他们没看见有人进来 |
[33:03] | – The nurse said there were three men. | 护士说有3个人 |
[33:06] | Three? | 3个 |
[33:08] | The power was disconnected at a substation two blocks away. | 电力在两条街外的 变电所中断了 |
[33:12] | Somebody posing as a city engineer. | 有人说自己是工程师 |
[33:14] | Somebody who knew how | 他知道如何 |
[33:16] | to take it off the grid without affecting surrounding facilities. | 不影响周围设施断电 |
[33:20] | Somebody from the government coming for Dr Banton? | 政府派人来捉班顿博士吗 |
[33:23] | Being paranoid doesn’t mean he’s wrong. | 有神经病不表示会说假话 |
[33:26] | But my guess is they failed, and Dr Banton’s on the loose. | 但我猜他失败了 而班顿博士逃走了 |
[33:29] | – That’s what Detective Ryan thinks. – I just saw her. | -莱恩探长也是这样想 -我刚看到她 |
[33:33] | She was in charge of his transfer and arraignment. | 是她负责班顿博士的转送和传讯 |
[33:35] | She’s in some pretty hot water. | 现在麻烦大了 |
[33:37] | Maybe that was an appointment he wasn’t meant to keep. Let’s go. | 或许那是她不打算赴的约 走吧 |
[33:41] | – Where? Mulder, wait. Where are we going? | 等等 穆德 要去哪里 |
[33:44] | – You heard what Dr Banton said last night. | 昨晚你听过班顿博士说的 |
[33:47] | – He said a lot of things. – Put yourself in his head. | -他说了很多事 -站在他的立场想想看 |
[33:50] | He hasn’t killed himself only because | 他不自杀的唯一原因是 |
[33:52] | he’s afraid of releasing the dark matter. | 因为他怕死后会释放那黑暗物质 |
[33:54] | That’s just a theory, and a pretty wild one at that. | 那只是个理论 而且太难以相信了 |
[33:57] | Whether or not Dr Banton is actually telling the truth, | 不论班顿博士说的是否真实 |
[33:58] | he believes he is. | 他自己是相信的 |
[34:02] | And so does whoever tried to take him last night. | 还有昨晚 那些想带走他的人 |
[34:05] | All he’s tried to do is control this thing. | 他一直想控制那东西 |
[34:08] | He’ll go to the one place where he thinks he can do that. | 他会去能让他控制那东西的 地方 |
[34:11] | And we gotta get there first. | 我们得早他一步 |
[34:34] | Don’t turn on the light, Chris, unless you wanna die. | 别开灯 克里斯 除非你想死 |
[34:37] | Chester, what the hell is going on? | 班顿 你在搞什么鬼 |
[34:40] | The FBI are looking for you. Where have you been? | 联邦调查局在找你 你去了哪 |
[34:43] | There’s no time to explain. Just come with me. | 没时间解释了 跟我来 |
[34:46] | – What’s this about? Talk to me. | 是什么事 告诉我 |
[34:48] | – We found the dark matter, Chris. It’s real. | 找到了黑暗物质 是真的 |
[34:51] | – What are you talking about? – Don’t you understand? I’m it. | -你在说什么 -你不懂吗 就是我 |
[34:55] | – It’s… It’s in me. – The accident? | -在我身体里 -是那意外吗 |
[34:59] | They’re coming for me. | 他们要来捉我 |
[35:01] | We have to destroy this thing before they get here. | 我们要在之前毁灭它 |
[35:04] | No! You can’t go back in there! | 不能再进去 |
[35:06] | Police! I’m placing you under arrest, Dr Banton. | 警察 你被捕了 班顿博士 |
[35:11] | – A lot of people will die if you do this. – Step against the wall, sir. | -这样做会死很多人 -靠向墙壁 先生 |
[35:16] | I’m begging you. I don’t wanna hurt you. | 我求你 我不想伤害你 |
[35:19] | I said step against the wall. | 我叫你靠向墙壁 |
[35:22] | Now! | 马上 |
[35:32] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[35:44] | Let’s go. We don’t have much time. | 走吧 没有时间了 |
[36:07] | – Chester! – No matter what they say to you later,… | -班顿 -不论以后他们对你说什么 |
[36:10] | ..you’re doing the right thing. | 你做的是对的 |
[36:17] | Lock it up, Chris. | 克里斯 快上锁 |
[36:23] | All right. Let’s get the accelerator on line. | 启动加速器吧 |
[36:26] | I’m afraid not, Chester. | 我不能 班顿 |
[36:31] | – You can do it, Chris. – I can. | -可以的 克里斯 -我可以 |
[36:34] | But I’m not. | 但我不会 |
[36:38] | No! Chris, tell me you’re not working for them. | 克里斯 难道你在为他们工作 |
[36:42] | – Wish I could, Chester. – You son of a bitch! | -希望我不是 班顿 -你这该死的 |
[36:45] | – Careful. We don’t want you to hurt yourself. | 小心 我们不要你伤到自己 |
[36:47] | – I’ll die before I’ll let them use me! | 在被利用之前我会先死 |
[36:50] | You’re lightning in a bottle, Chester. | 你已是瓮中之鳖 |
[36:54] | We’re not about to let you die. | 我们不会让你死的 |
[36:58] | Chris, don’t do this. Listen to me! | 别这样做 听我说 |
[37:02] | This is wrong! | 这是错的 |
[37:05] | You’re making a terrible mistake! | 你犯了大错 |
[37:07] | I’ve got him. He’s not goin’ anywhere till you pick him up. | 我捉到他了 你们到达之前他哪儿都去不了 |
[37:15] | Chris! | 克里斯 |
[37:17] | Chris? Chris! What’s happening? | 发生什么事 |
[37:22] | Chris! Chris… | 克里斯 |
[37:39] | – Mulder, that’s Detective Ryan’s car. – I was afraid of this. | -是莱恩探长的车 -我就是怕这个 |
[37:48] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[37:52] | Dammit. | 可恶 |
[38:02] | What’s that noise? | 是什么声音? |
[38:05] | It’s the accelerator. | 是加速器 |
[38:23] | Mulder! | 穆德 |
[38:44] | Scully, look at this. | 来看这个 |
[38:51] | He must have killed her and then killed himself. | 他一定是杀了她 然后自杀 |
[38:54] | He couldn’t have. This chamber’s been sealed from the outside. | 不会的 这个舱房是从外面密闭的 |
[38:59] | By who? | 谁关的呢 |
[39:33] | Agent Mulder. | 穆德探员 |
[39:39] | I thought you agreed not to contact me again about this. | 你不是保证 不会因为此事再联络我 |
[39:43] | – You lied to me. – About? | -你骗我 -什么 |
[39:45] | About Chester Ray Banton. You knew who he was. | 关于班顿的事 你知道他是谁 |
[39:48] | – And you used me to lead you to him. | 你利用我带领你找到他 |
[39:50] | – You contacted me, Agent Mulder. | 是你联络我的 穆德探员 |
[39:53] | I won’t be your stalking-horse, or the government’s. | 我不是你们的工具 也不想被政府利用 |
[39:56] | You seem to be mistaken | 你似乎弄错 |
[39:57] | about how much control you exercise over this arrangement. | 你对安排此事的掌控程度 |
[40:01] | You killed Dr Banton! | 你杀了班顿博士 |
[40:03] | – Have you lost your mind? – The nurse identified you. | -你疯了吗 -医院的护士认出你了 |
[40:07] | A young detective is dead because of you. | 一个年青的警探因你而死 |
[40:10] | Who do you answer to?! | 你是为谁工作的 |
[40:16] | Despite my loyalty to my predecessor,… | 虽然我对前辈很忠诚 |
[40:18] | ..I’ve never made you any promises. | 但我从未向你做过任何保证 |
[40:22] | All right. Promise me somethin’ right now. | 现在向我保证 |
[40:25] | Promise me this’ll be our last meeting. We’re finished. | 保证这是最后一次会面 我们完了 |
[40:30] | You’re choosing a dangerous time to go it alone, Agent Mulder. | 你选择了很危险的时间独立作业 穆德探员 |
[40:36] | Mulder! | 穆德 |
[40:43] | I didn’t kill him. | 我没有杀他 |
[41:06] | The mourners are invited to | 莱恩的家人邀请 |
[41:07] | pay their respects to the family at the Ryan home. | 哀悼的人们来凭吊 |
[41:51] | – How are you doin’? – I’m not sure how to feel about this, Mulder. | -你好吗 -我不知怎样去想这件事 |
[41:55] | She was my student, and she came to me for help. | 她是我学生 她来找我帮忙的 |
[42:01] | – I know it must be hard. – This shouldn’t have happened. | -我能体会 -不应该发生的 |
[42:05] | This never should have happened. | 绝不应该发生的 |
[42:09] | I’m sorry I’m late. I got hung up at the Richmond PD. | 对不起我迟到了 我被警察拦下来 |
[42:13] | – Doing what? – A missing-person report was filed… | -做什么 -今早有一个失踪人口报告 |
[42:16] | ..by a Dr Morris West, a physicist affiliated with Polarity Magnetics. | 是在两极磁学的 摩瑞斯博士报的案 |
[42:21] | I’m not sure I follow you. | 我听不太懂 |
[42:23] | Dr Christopher Davey hasn’t been | 克利斯博士在班顿失踪后 |
[42:26] | seen or heard from since Banton disappeared. | 没人见过或听过他 |
[42:29] | – Do they have any leads? – No. None. | -有头绪吗 -没有 |
[42:33] | But you do? | 但是你有 |
[42:34] | What if it wasn’t Banton we saw in the particle accelerator? | 如果在分子加速器里面的人 不是班顿呢 |
[42:38] | Well, if Banton’s not dead, then where is he? | 班顿若是未死 会到哪去呢 |
[43:09] | Dr Davey would have been helpful to us. | 克利斯博士本来是很有帮助的 |
[43:12] | We’ll be studying this man for a long time. | 我们要好好研究这人一段时间 |