时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:26] | Is somebody in here? | 里面有人吗 |
[02:35] | Holy Moses! | 上帝 |
[03:43] | What a way to go. | 怎么回事 |
[03:46] | Have you seen this MO before, Detective? Men cremated alive? | 你以前见过这种情况吗 探长 -焚烧活人 |
[03:50] | Yeah. Third time this year. | -有的 -今年三次 |
[03:52] | Eleventh time, actually. There | -实际上是11次 |
[03:53] | were three in Seattle, three in LA and two in Boston. | 三个在西雅图 三个在洛杉矶 二个在波士顿 |
[03:56] | All Chinese men between | 所有的都是20-40岁之间的中国人 |
[03:58] | the ages of 20 and 40. All recent immigrants. | 都是新移民 |
[04:01] | We weren’t able to determine any of that until recently. | 我们直到近来才发现一些线索 |
[04:04] | The other two bodies were much more badly burned. | 另两具尸体严重烧伤 |
[04:07] | – We got lucky with this one. – Lucky? | -幸好还有这一具 -幸好 |
[04:10] | That’s an interesting word for it. | 有趣的字眼 |
[04:21] | You got any leads on this case, Detective? Any thoughts or ideas? | 有线索吗 探长 有什么想法和主意 |
[04:25] | We’ve got a big influx of immigrants from Hong Kong, | 很多香港人在 |
[04:28] | trying to get out before 1997,… | 1997大限之前移民过来 |
[04:30] | ..And more gang activity in Chinatown. | 我们发现唐人街的黑帮开始活跃起来 |
[04:34] | But we can’t tie the deaths to anyone or anything. | 但还不能把这和死者联系起来 |
[04:39] | You got anybody that can read or speak Chinese? | 有人会说中国话吗 |
[04:41] | – Yeah. Glen Chao. He’s over there. | 有 叫格伦·赵 就在那 |
[04:43] | Why? – Can you get him? I want him to read this. | 我要他读读这个 |
[04:46] | Sure. Glen? | 好的 格伦 |
[04:48] | One second. | 等一下 |
[04:52] | Detective Chao. Glen Chao, Agent Mulder. | 赵探长 格伦·赵 这是穆德探员 |
[04:55] | Hi. Whaddaya got? | 嗨 有什么事 -嗨 |
[04:56] | There’s something written on the ceiling. | 上面写着的东西是什么 |
[04:59] | I was wondering if you could read it. | 你看你会读吗 |
[05:02] | Yeah. It says “Gwai”. | 是读 鬼 |
[05:06] | – It means “Ghost”. – Ghost? | -就是鬼的意思 -鬼 |
[05:09] | Mean anything to you? | 对你意味着什么 |
[05:11] | I don’t know, but it’s a strange | 我不知道 一个活活被烧死前 |
[05:13] | thing for a man being burned alive to write, | 却写了这个 |
[05:15] | don’t you think? | 你不觉得奇怪吗 |
[05:19] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[05:23] | Does anybody recognise this? It looks like foreign currency. | 这是什么东西 好像是外汇 |
[05:26] | It’s “Hell money”. It’s used as an | 是 冥币 |
[05:29] | offering in the Chinese Festival of the Hungry Ghosts. | 是中国人在清明节用来拜祭死人的 |
[05:32] | – Is it worth anything? – It’s not money, per se. | -有什么用吗 -这不是钱 |
[05:35] | It’s a symbolic offering to | 是用来供奉亡灵的 |
[05:37] | the evil spirits and the ghosts. For good luck. | 祈求好运的 |
[05:39] | – Where would I get this hell money? | 我到哪能弄到冥币 |
[05:42] | – There aren’t a lot of places that sell it. | 唐人街有得卖 |
[05:45] | Good. Maybe we just found a way to identify the body. | 太好了 也许我们能鉴定死者的身份 |
[05:49] | His name was Johnny Lo. | 他叫约翰尼·劳 |
[05:50] | He moved here about six months ago from Canton. | 六个月前从广东移民来的 |
[05:53] | Still in the INS application process. | 他还在申请绿卡 |
[05:55] | He was a dishwasher in Chinatown. | 在唐人街洗碗 |
[05:57] | How many dishes d’you have | 不知道打烂多少碗 |
[05:59] | to break before you get tossed in an oven? | 让老板把他放进烤箱里烤 |
[06:01] | I think it’s pretty clear this | 我想这事很清楚 |
[06:03] | is a horrific cult or gang-retribution killing. | 是邪教或黑帮仇杀 |
[06:06] | – Why would he write “Ghost” In the oven? – I don’t know. | 为什么他写个鬼字在焚烧炉上面呢 我不知道 |
[06:10] | What about the guard seeing three figures that vanished? | 警卫怎么会看见三个人 消失得无影无踪呢 |
[06:13] | – So now we’re chasing ghosts? – “Who ya gonna call?” | 我们到哪去找鬼 你到打电话给谁 |
[06:16] | Ghosts or ancestral spirits | 几千年来中国人心里 |
[06:17] | have long been central to Chinese life. | 一直有相信神鬼的传统 |
[06:20] | So the ancestral spirits pushed | 你说的是祖宗神灵 |
[06:21] | Johnny Lo in the oven and turned on the gas? | 把约翰尼·劳推进了焚烧炉 |
[06:24] | Well, it’d sure teach him to respect his elders. | 那会教会他尊重长辈 |
[06:27] | I checked all the neighbouring buildings. | 我检查了邻近的建筑 |
[06:30] | Nobody saw anything, not surprisingly. | 没人看见和听见任何东西 没什么奇怪的 |
[06:33] | – What does it say? – I don’t recognise that. | -上面写什么 -我不认得 |
[06:37] | – It could be idiomatic. Some kind of code. – It’s still tacky. | -可能是一种象征 密码 -还有粘性 |
[06:42] | – Can you copy it down for me? – Yeah, sure. | -能帮我抄下来吗 -可以 |
[06:48] | Talk about tacky… | 说到粘性 |
[07:02] | Someone’s been here. | 有人来过这 |
[07:03] | This place has been cleaned out. Look at this. | 这里被清理过 看这里 |
[07:07] | – What’s that smell? – Maybe it’s this new carpet. | 那是什么味道 |
[07:11] | Yeah, that’s what it looks like. | 也许是这块新地毯的味道 |
[07:12] | Who’d spring for a new carpet in this dump? | 谁会在这个像垃圾场的地方铺新地毯 |
[07:17] | Looks like they saved on carpet tacks. | 他们好像在地毯底下存放钱 |
[07:20] | They didn’t even bother replacing the old padding. | 所以不在乎换新地毯 |
[07:29] | What’s this? | -这是什么 |
[07:31] | Chinese herbal medicine. | -中药 |
[07:34] | – What about this? – It’s a dried frog. | -这个呢 -是一只干的青蛙 |
[07:37] | I think they’re sometimes used as charms. | 他们把它当作符呢 |
[07:40] | Good health, prosperity, protection. | 保佑健康 发财 保护 |
[07:43] | Looks like Mr Lo could have used a little of both. | 看来这两种劳先生都用过 |
[07:51] | Let’s get this blood tested. | 我们化验一下这些血 |
[12:29] | I couldn’t tell you what any one of these things are. | 这些东西我一点也不懂 |
[12:32] | Well, they’re roots mostly. Ginseng, turmeric. | 它们的根像人参 姜黄 |
[12:36] | Then you’ve got your more exotic | 还有一些更具有异国情调的 |
[12:38] | stuff: bear gall bladder, snake, shark fin,… | 熊胆 蛇 鱼翅 |
[12:42] | ..Usually prepared in a soup or a tea. | 通常用来煲汤或冲茶 |
[12:45] | What had the victim been using? | 这就是受害者吃的吗 |
[13:02] | She says that it’s skullcap root | 她说黄芩和北芪 |
[13:04] | and Chinese angelica. They’re used for painkillers. | 是止痛药 |
[13:07] | Does she remember Johnny Lo or remember selling it to him? | 她记得卖过给约翰尼·劳吗 |
[13:19] | Ask her if she knows he’s dead. | 问她知不知道他死了 |
[13:26] | Ask her if she recognises | 问她认不认识 |
[13:28] | those characters that were painted on his door. | 他门上写的字 |
[13:45] | What was that about? | 怎么回事 |
[13:48] | She says that the house was branded a “Hongjak”. | 那房子是凶宅 |
[13:52] | – “A haunted house.” – Haunted? | -是个鬼屋 -鬼屋 |
[13:55] | – You mean by ghosts? – Yeah. | -你是说鬼 -是的 |
[13:58] | It’s hard to give it an exact translation, | 很难解释清楚 |
[14:00] | but it’s what I told you about before. | 但以前跟你说过 |
[14:02] | The Chinese Yu Lan Ji – the Festival of the Hungry Ghosts. | 中国的盂兰会 也就是鬼节 |
[14:08] | You see, on the 15th day of the seventh moon,… | 中国农历的 |
[14:13] | ..In the Chinese calendar,… | 七月十五 |
[14:15] | ..It’s believed the gates of hell are opened… | 据说地狱之门会打开 |
[14:18] | ..And the ghosts of unwanted souls roam the Earth. | 孤魂野鬼会游走在世间 |
[14:24] | Believers protect themselves by leaving gifts of food | 老百姓会在家门口供上祭品 |
[14:27] | and hell money outside their homes… | 和纸钱来安抚鬼神 |
[14:29] | ..To appease the ghosts,… | 以求保护 |
[14:32] | ..To keep them from coming inside and causing trouble. | 以免他们进屋打扰 |
[14:37] | But for some spirits, | 但是对于那些 |
[14:39] | the ghosts most feared by the Chinese,… | 中国人很怕一些鬼 |
[14:44] | ..There’s no buying them off. | 这些鬼并不买账 |
[14:46] | The Preta, the ancient ghost of a murdered man… | 饿鬼 一个古时候被谋杀的人的鬼魂 |
[14:50] | ..Who wanders the Earth exacting his revenge on the living,… | 他来到世间复仇 |
[14:54] | ..Or the Wu Chun Gwai,… | 还有无常鬼 |
[14:58] | ..Who collects the souls of doomed men and drags them down to… | 以收集倒霉人的灵魂 |
[15:03] | ..”Ti Yu”,… | 并把他们拖到地狱里去 |
[15:06] | ..To the Chinese hell. | 中文地狱的意思 |
[15:10] | D’you think these murders could be related? | 这些谋杀案与这有关系吗 |
[15:12] | It makes sense. | 可能有点联系吧 |
[15:14] | This year’s festival is just about over. | 今年的鬼节刚过完 |
[15:17] | What about you, Detective? Do you believe in Yu Lan Ji? | 你相信这些吗 探长 你相信盂兰会吗 |
[15:20] | I find it hard to argue with 2,000 years of Chinese belief – | 我很难与2000年中国信仰争论 |
[15:25] | the stuff my parents and grandparents believe in. | 我父母和祖父母信那东西 |
[15:28] | But the truth is, I’m more | 但我更怕的 |
[15:30] | haunted by the size of my mortgage payments. | 是房贷 |
[15:51] | Hey! What are you doin’? | 你们在干什么 |
[16:06] | A patrolman described | 那个巡逻员描述有三个人… |
[16:07] | three men wearing the same masks as those ID’d at the crematory. | 戴着同样的面具 出现在公墓 |
[16:11] | – What were they doing here? – I don’t know. | -他们在这干什么 -我不清楚 |
[16:13] | They were spotted around this grave here, | 他们就站在这坟墓的上面… |
[16:15] | but we can’t figure out what they were up to. | 但我不知道他们怎么上去的 |
[16:18] | – Is this a newly dug plot? | 这是新挖的坟 |
[16:20] | – Yeah. There’s a burial at noon tomorrow. | 明天这儿会举行一个葬礼 |
[16:22] | – Chinese? – I don’t know. We can check. | 中国人 不知道 我们查一下 |
[16:26] | Chao, see if you can get the name of the future occupant here. | 赵 你能弄到墓主人的名字 |
[16:31] | I still don’t understand | 我不明白 |
[16:32] | what anybody would want with an empty grave. | 他们来这空墓干什么 |
[16:36] | What the hell’s he doing? | 他干什么 |
[16:38] | Something just occurred to me. | 好像有东西 |
[16:52] | Looks like somebody was | 好像是 |
[16:53] | trying to get two burials for the price of one. | 一个墓葬两人 |
[17:03] | What did you find? | 发现什么了 |
[17:05] | A lot. And I haven’t even finished my preliminary visual exam. | 我就是用眼看都发现很多 |
[17:10] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[17:13] | This guy’s like a jigsaw puzzle. | 这家伙像个拼图 |
[17:15] | These are all surgical incisions. | 动过手术 |
[17:18] | Judging by the colour of the scars, | 从伤口的颜色看… |
[17:19] | I’d say they were made in the last year. | 都是去年动的手术 |
[17:22] | – What was wrong with him? – If you ask me, nothing. | -有什么不妥吗 -没有 |
[17:26] | – Nothing? What do you mean? | 没有 你什么意思 |
[17:28] | – D’you know how much the body is worth? | 你知道人的尸体值多少钱 穆德 |
[17:32] | Depends on the body. | 要由尸体决定 |
[17:34] | – I don’t know, a few bucks. How much? – It’s worth a fortune. | 不知道 几块钱吧 多少 很值钱 |
[17:40] | You’re saying he was selling his body parts for money? | 你说这家伙卖器官赚钱 |
[17:43] | A kidney, a portion of the liver, a cornea, bone marrow… | 肾 肝 眼角膜 骨髓 |
[17:47] | A person can lose these things | 人没有这些东西也能活着 |
[17:48] | and still cash his Social Security cheques. | 拿到他的社会福利金 |
[17:51] | He won’t be cashing any Social Security cheques. | 他没福消受 |
[17:54] | No. But if I’m right, this | 这人的心脏 |
[17:56] | is one man who left his heart in San Francisco. | 一定留在旧金山 |
[18:01] | Even if you’re right, it doesn’t figure. | 史卡利 这无关紧要 |
[18:03] | There’s no long-term business sense to dying. | 没有必要谈论生死生意 |
[18:05] | What’s the connection with the crematory deaths? | 这和坟墓的死者有什么关系 |
[18:08] | I only saw one body, but the only | 我们只看了一个尸体 |
[18:10] | thing that wasn’t burned to a crisp on Johnny Lo… | 约翰尼·劳身上唯一没有被烧掉的 |
[18:12] | ..Was his glass eye. | 就是他的玻璃眼 |
[18:23] | Oh, God. | 啊 上帝 |
[20:21] | – What’s this? – Maybe you can tell us. | 这是什么 也许你能告诉我们 |
[20:24] | It was found in the body | 在那坟墓里的 |
[20:25] | cavity of the man who was dumped in the grave. | 死者的身上找到的 |
[20:27] | – This? – You said the frog was a symbol of luck. | 这个 你说这是青蛙是好运和财富的象征 |
[20:31] | Unless this is somebody’s sick joke, | 除非这是个变态的玩笑 |
[20:33] | I’d say it must have another meaning. | 否则它有别的意思 |
[20:35] | I don’t know what it is. It could | 如果真有其他意思 我就不知道了 |
[20:38] | be a Triad symbol | 是不是三合会的标志 |
[20:39] | something from organised crime. | 这可能是有组织犯罪的象征 |
[20:41] | Well, maybe you can tell me this. | 也许你能告诉我这是什么 |
[20:44] | Have you heard any word on the street | 你听过一个 |
[20:45] | about the black-market selling of body parts? | 卖身体器官的黑市吗 |
[20:48] | What? Here, in Chinatown? | 什么 在唐人街 |
[20:51] | This man with a frog in | 身上有青蛙的这个人 |
[20:53] | his chest was missing a cornea and a kidney. | 他的眼角膜和肾都不见了 |
[20:55] | They were taken prior to the time of death, | 他们在他死前就取出来了 |
[20:58] | before the final removal of his heart. | 死后心脏被取出 |
[21:02] | And I found what is known as sterile | 我发现在他胸口 |
[21:04] | ice on the skin around the incision on his chest. | 的皮肤和伤口周围有很多无菌冰 |
[21:07] | It is the substance that is | 那是用来保护 |
[21:09] | used to preserve human organs for transplant. | 用于移植的人体器官 |
[21:14] | I don’t even know where to start. | 我不知道怎么说 |
[21:18] | Well, we’re gonna need more help from you than that, Detective. | 我们需要你进一步的帮忙 探长 |
[21:22] | The implication being that I’m not trying to help? | 太复杂了 我都不想帮忙 |
[21:26] | No. | 不 |
[21:28] | Either you resent us being here, | 或者你是对我们不满 |
[21:30] | or feel a kind of protectiveness towards your community. | 或者你要保护唐人街 |
[21:33] | Look, you don’t even know what the hell you’re dealing with here. | 听着 你不知道在和谁打交道 |
[21:37] | This isn’t some pretty lacquer box you can just take the lid off | 这可不是一件漂亮的漆盒 |
[21:41] | and find out what’s inside. | 你可以打开盖子看里面有什么 |
[21:44] | You might see the face of a Chinese man here, | 或许你看到的是一张中国人的脸 |
[21:47] | but they don’t see the same face. | 但我告诉你 他们并不这么认为 |
[21:49] | They see the face of a cop. American-born Chinese – ABC. | 他们看到的是一张警察的脸美国出生的中国人 |
[21:54] | To them, I’m just as white as you are. | 对他们来说 我和你们一样是白人 |
[21:57] | You think, because I speak the language, I can get answers. | 你以为我说汉语 就能帮你们找到答案 |
[22:01] | But what good is an interpreter | 但他们不开口 |
[22:03] | when everyone speaks the language of silence? | 我怎么能帮你翻译呢 |
[22:07] | What’s this? | -这是什么 |
[22:09] | The name of the company | -一家公司名字 |
[22:10] | that installed the carpet in Lo’s apartment. | 他们为约翰尼·劳的公寓安装地毯 |
[22:12] | I just happened to run across it while I was twiddling my thumbs. | 我过去看看 正好坐着无聊 |
[22:17] | You coming or not? | 你们来吗 |
[22:27] | I’m Detective Chao with the San Francisco Police. | 我是旧金山警局的赵探长 |
[22:30] | Could we have a word with you? | 能和你说几句话吗 |
[22:31] | I’m late for work. | -要迟到了 |
[22:34] | It’ll only take a minute. Could we come in, please? | -就几分钟 我们能进来吗 |
[22:54] | Mr Hsin, can I ask what happened to your eye? | 孙先生 你的眼睛怎么了 |
[22:59] | Accident at work. Carpet tack. | 公伤 铺地毯的时候 |
[23:03] | How long have you lived in this country, Mr Hsin? | 你来这多久了 孙先生 |
[23:06] | – Three years. – You live here alone? | 三年了 你一个人住这吗 |
[23:12] | My daughter. | 还有我女儿 |
[23:16] | Mr Hsin, you laid a carpet in | 孙先生 你帮一个 |
[23:19] | an apartment occupied by a man named Johnny Lo. | 叫约翰尼·劳的人铺过地毯吗 |
[23:24] | I don’t know the name. | 我不认识名字 |
[23:28] | The man I work for tells me address only. | 老板只告诉我地址 |
[23:32] | We contacted the man you work for. | 我们和你老板联系过 |
[23:33] | He said it must have been a job you took on the side. | 他说一定是你捞外块 |
[23:37] | He has no record of a work order. | 上面没有这个工作记录 |
[23:40] | What was the name of the man who lived in this apartment? | 谁住在那个公寓 |
[23:44] | His name was Johnny Lo. | 他叫约翰尼·劳 他死了 |
[23:47] | He’s dead now. Murdered. | 被谋杀了 |
[23:50] | And we think that the carpet | 我们认为这个地毯 |
[23:51] | was laid in an attempt to cover up evidence. | 是用来掩盖证据的 |
[23:54] | Your employer said you usually work… | 你老板说你是临时工 |
[24:13] | – D’you remember who called about the job? | 记得谁叫你干这活吗 |
[24:16] | – I don’t know any of this. | -我不知道 |
[24:18] | Thank you, Mr Hsin. If we need you, | -谢谢你 孙先生 |
[24:20] | we’ll get back to you, OK? Thank you. | 如果需要 我们还会来找你的 谢谢你 |
[24:31] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[24:35] | I’ll tell you in a second. | 待会再说 |
[24:47] | – What was that about? – He has the back window blocked up. | -怎么样 -他把后窗封死了 |
[24:50] | I told him it was a firetrap. | 告诉他这样容易着火 |
[24:55] | D’you know what this is? | 知道这是什么吗 |
[25:00] | – No. – D’you know what it says? | -不知道 -你知道什么意思嘛 |
[25:02] | – It’s the character for wood. – Wood? | 是个木字 -木 |
[25:06] | – Why? What are you thinking? | -你怎么想 |
[25:07] | – That he didn’t have an accident at work. | 这家伙不是公伤 |
[25:09] | And he’s missing his eye. And I’d like to know how he lost it. | 他不见了一只眼睛的 我想知道他怎么瞎的 |
[25:13] | – I say we monitor Hsin’s movements. | 我们监视孙的一举一动 |
[25:16] | – I doubt they’re to the ophthalmologist. | 我怀疑他们去了眼科医生那里 |
[27:33] | You look like you saw a ghost. | 好像你刚看到鬼一样 |
[27:36] | No, I’m just jumpy. | 我有点累和胆颤 |
[27:38] | Any more firecrackers go off, | 这么多爆竹… |
[27:40] | I’m gonna get out and shoot somebody. | 我真想下车开枪杀人 |
[27:43] | – He hasn’t left? – No, but I’m glad you’re here. | 他没有离开公寓对吗 是的 很高兴你在这 |
[27:46] | I was about to ask Mr Hsin if I could use his bathroom. | 我真想问问孙先生能不能 用一下他的厕所 |
[27:49] | You can use the one at St Francis’s Hospital. | 旧金山医院那里有厕所 |
[27:52] | – What do you mean? – Chao was attacked in his house tonight. | 什么意思 赵探长今晚在家被袭击 |
[27:55] | Lieutenant Neary says he’s out up pretty bad. | 我刚和尼尔里中尉谈过 他说他伤得很严重 |
[27:58] | – Who cut him? – I don’t know, but we should check it out. | 谁袭击他的 不知道 我们去查一下 |
[30:40] | – How is he? – He’s gone. | -他怎么样了 -他不见了 |
[30:42] | – I went to see him. He’s not in his bed. | 我来看他时 他不在床上 |
[30:45] | – Did anybody see him get up? | 有人看见他起来吗 |
[30:46] | A nurse said they sewed him up, he went to the bathroom. | 医生说刚帮他缝好针 他上了趟厕所 |
[30:50] | That’s the last they saw of him. | 就不见了 |
[30:52] | Why would he just take off? | 为什么他要离开 |
[30:54] | – Can I see his chart? – His chart? Sure, I guess. | 我能看他的病历吗 病历 可以 |
[30:59] | – You wanna see what his injuries were? – No, his blood type. | 你想看他伤在哪 我想看一下他血型 |
[31:02] | – His blood type? – Why would he run? | 血型 他为什么逃跑呢 |
[31:05] | – You think Chao’s involved? | 你认为赵和他们是一伙 |
[31:07] | – Maybe the heel-dragging’s a diversion,… | 也许所有这些拖延都是转移视线 |
[31:09] | ..That ghost story’s a ruse. | 鬼故事就是烟雾弹 |
[31:11] | What was the haemo-type | 我们在地毯下找到的血 |
[31:12] | of the blood we found on the carpet padding? | 是什么血型 |
[31:15] | Thank you. | -谢谢 |
[31:16] | – Uh, O-negative. – Glen Chao. O-negative. | -0型 格伦·赵也是0型 |
[31:20] | – That’s a coincidence. – Wait a minute. What are you saying? | 真巧 等一会 你说什么 |
[31:24] | That the blood on the carpet | 我们在受害者的地毯下 |
[31:26] | padding in the victim’s apartment was Chao’s. | 发现的血是赵探长的 |
[31:29] | And I’d be willing to bet | 我相信一切 |
[31:30] | he’s the one that asked for it to be installed. | 都是他布置好的 |
[31:33] | Mr Hsin. | 孙先生 |
[31:34] | Yeah. That conversation they had wasn’t about any firetrap. | 是的 那些谈话根本不是什么预防火灾 |
[31:42] | – We’re looking for Mr Hsin. Is he home? – No, I’m sorry. | 我们找孙先生 他在家吗 对不起 不在 |
[31:49] | – Are you his daughter? – Yes. | 你是他女儿吗 是的 |
[31:53] | May we talk to you? | 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[32:00] | – What’s your father involved in, Kim? – I don’t know. | 你爸爸摊上了什么事 我不知道 |
[32:05] | He goes out. I know he does it for me. | 但我知道他做的一切 |
[32:09] | Because of me. | 他是为了我 |
[32:12] | You’re sick, aren’t you? | 你病了吗 |
[32:14] | Uh, I was diagnosed with | 六个月前 |
[32:16] | acute lymphocytic leukaemia six months ago. | 我被诊断出急性淋巴细胞性白血病 |
[32:20] | But that’s a treatable form of cancer. | 这是可治疗的癌症 |
[32:23] | We have no money or insurance. | 我们没钱 没保险 |
[32:26] | Now I fear that my father has done something illegal,… | 我怕爸爸 做违法的事 |
[32:31] | ..That he made mistake and something bad is coming. | 会有麻烦找上门来 |
[32:39] | Who are these men that visit your father? | 谁来看你的爸爸 |
[32:41] | Oh, I don’t know them. | 我不认识他们 |
[32:44] | I just know my father say he want out. | 我爸爸说他要出去 |
[32:48] | He want out, but of what I don’t know. | 他要出去 但我不知道出去做什么 |
[32:53] | – Do you know what this is? – No. | 你知道这是什么吗 不知道 |
[32:58] | Do you know what it says? I found it over there by the TV before. | 上面说什么 我以前在电视看过 |
[33:03] | It is, uh, the symbol for wood. | 这是木字 |
[33:07] | But in Chinese it also correspond to the eye. | 但在中国还和眼睛有关 |
[33:11] | Like fire to the heart and earth to the flesh. | 就像火代表心 土代表身体 |
[33:17] | This is a human leukocyte workup. | 这是白细胞的诊断书 |
[33:21] | Was your father rejected as a bone-marrow donor? | 你爸爸不肯捐献骨髓吗 |
[33:24] | Yes, several months ago. | 是的 几个月前 |
[33:28] | This is from the Organ Procurement Organization. | 这是属于器官采购组织的 |
[33:31] | It’s dated only a month ago. | 日期是一个月前 |
[33:33] | Your father had an HLA, | 你爸爸还有器官相容测试 |
[33:35] | but he also had his kidneys measured, his liver… | 但他已经测试了肾和肝 |
[33:38] | They’re playing some kind of game. | 他们在玩一种游戏 |
[34:25] | Agents Mulder and Scully? | 穆德和史卡利探员 |
[34:26] | – Thanks. We need some information, | 我们需要一些资料 |
[34:28] | fast. – What kind of information? | -越快越好 -什么资料 |
[34:31] | You had a man named Shuyang Hsin. He had an HLA workup and… | 有个叫孙树阳的人来这儿他有器官相容诊断书 |
[34:34] | – I think I may know what this is about. – What? | 我知道是怎么回事 什么 |
[34:37] | A number of Asian men have come in for antigen workups,… | 有一群亚洲人来这里 出抗原诊断书 |
[34:41] | ..But when we find a compatible recipient for them, | 当我们找到接受者 |
[34:43] | their doctor says they’ve left the area. | 医生说他们已经离开或者失踪了 |
[34:46] | D’you have a number for this doctor? | 你有这医生的电话号码吗 |
[35:25] | – 311 Porter, right? – Yeah. | 311号 对吗 |
[35:28] | That’s where the doctor’s phone is registered. | 医生电话登记的是这个地址 |
[35:35] | Hey, Scully, look who’s here. | 史卡利 看谁在这 |
[35:38] | This must be the place after all. | 一定是这个地方了 |
[37:21] | It’s definitely not Chinese food I’m smelling. | 怎么不象中餐的味道 |
[37:32] | It smells like rubbing alcohol. | 好像是酒精 |
[37:34] | Or sterile ice. | 或无菌冰 |
[37:45] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[39:15] | What is that? | -怎么回事 |
[39:17] | Sounds like it’s coming from upstairs. | -好像是楼上传来的 |
[40:46] | Chao! Hands in the air. | 赵 举起手来 |
[40:48] | Hands in the air! | 举起手来 |
[40:57] | He’s still alive. | 他还活着 |
[41:11] | What did he say? | 他说什么 |
[41:14] | He said… “The game’s not over.” | 他说游戏还没结束 |
[41:25] | My people live with ghosts. | 我们的人和鬼魂住在一起 |
[41:28] | The ghosts of our fathers, and our fathers’ fathers. | 父辈的鬼魂 父辈的父辈 |
[41:33] | They call to us from distant memory,… | 他们从遥远的记忆提醒我们 |
[41:37] | ..Showing us the path. | 给我们指明道路 |
[41:40] | No ghosts called to those men. | 根本没有鬼 |
[41:43] | You did, by preying on their hopelessness and their desperation. | 是你们利用了他们的绝望和无助 |
[41:48] | Yes, they were desperate. | 是的 他们是绝望 |
[41:52] | Just as I was desperate when I first came to this country. | 就像我刚来这个国家时一样 |
[41:56] | But I committed no crime. | 但我没犯罪 |
[42:00] | You cheated them out of life,… | 你骗他们有 |
[42:03] | ..By promising them prosperity | 巨大的财富在等着 |
[42:05] | when the only possible reward was death. | 其实那是死路一条 |
[42:08] | In my belief, death is nothing to be feared. | 我的信仰中 死没有什么好怕的 |
[42:11] | It’s merely a stage of transition. | 只是一种过渡 |
[42:15] | But life without hope? | 但如果没希望 |
[42:17] | Now, that’s a living hell. | 生活就没意义了 |
[42:20] | So, hope was my gift to these men. | 我给他们希望 |
[42:27] | I don’t expect you to understand. | 我不指望你明白 |
[42:32] | I understand this. | 我明白 |
[42:35] | You are going to prison for a very long time. | 你将会在监狱里呆很长时间 |
[42:43] | Can I talk to you for a minute? | 我能跟你谈一下吗 |
[42:55] | I just got back from the hospital. | 我从旧金山医院回来 |
[42:57] | Hsin’s still in intensive care. | 孙仍在深度护理 |
[42:59] | – And his daughter? – The donor procurement organisation… | 他女儿怎么办 我查了器官捐献名单 |
[43:02] | – ..Has put her on the recipient list. – That’s great. | 她在受捐者行列 很好 |
[43:06] | – What’s wrong? – It’s our case against this guy. | -是的 -怎么了 关于指证这个人 |
[43:10] | We’ve interviewed everybody | 我们的小组询问了捣毁游戏室那晚 |
[43:11] | we busted at the gaming parlour that night. | 在场的所有人 |
[43:14] | – And? – They put up a wall of silence. | -怎么样 -他们什么也不说 |
[43:17] | They claim to be members of a social club, that they saw nothing. | 他们说是某个俱乐部的人 什么也没看到 |
[43:21] | What about Chao? His | 那赵呢 |
[43:22] | testimony would be enough to lock this guy up. | 他的证词足以把这人送上法庭 |
[43:24] | – We can’t find him. – He was supposed to testify this morning. | 我们找不到他 他今早本该向大陪审团作证 |
[43:28] | When he didn’t show, they went to his home. | 但他没来 他们去了他家 |
[43:30] | He’s vanished. Like a ghost. | 他不见了…像鬼一样 |