时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:32] | You know what he’s capable of. | 拜托 你知道他会干什么 |
[00:35] | McFarland’s gonna turn this into a witch-hunt. | 马可法兰将这个变成猎巫工具 |
[00:38] | – You should’ve thought of that before. | 好了 在你将它公开之前 最好想清楚 |
[00:40] | – No, you should’ve come to me before. | 不 你去马可法兰之前应该先来找我 |
[00:43] | – I did, Jason! – That’s bull! | -杰森 我找过你 不止一次 但…-废话 |
[00:45] | You didn’t wanna hear anything I had to say. | 我的话你从来不听 |
[00:47] | So you went behind my back. | -你总是背着我做些事 -我背着你…做什么呢 |
[00:50] | – Please. I need to talk to you. – Excuse us, please. | -打扰一下 我有话要对你讲 -别打扰我们 |
[00:54] | – That street is dangerous. – Thank you, we’ll be fine. | 这个街很危险 是吗 多谢你 我们会没事的 |
[00:57] | – I won’t lie about this. – I’m not asking you to lie. | 听我说吧 我不是在撒谎 |
[01:01] | – Then what? – I’ve traveled a long way. | 我走了很远的路 |
[01:04] | You want some money? Here’s a dollar. | 什么 你需要钱吗 我仅有一美元 |
[01:06] | – No, listen to me. – Hey! | – 不 听我说 – 嗨 |
[01:08] | – I’m trying to save your life. – Hey, take it easy! | –我只是想救你 -嗨 放轻松 |
[01:11] | Let go! | 滚开吧 |
[01:15] | – What’s the problem here? – This old guy is harassing me! | 出了什么事啦 这老家伙缠着我 |
[01:19] | – He’s just a little bit agitated. – He’s going to die… | 他情绪不稳定 不是的 他将要死了 |
[01:23] | ..At exactly 11.46. | 时间是11:46 |
[01:25] | – The bus! – We’re all gonna die, Pop. | -是公共汽车 -我们会死的 伙计 |
[01:28] | – Let’s go sleep it off. – No! | -来吧 我们去休息吧 -不 |
[01:30] | Jason! | -杰森 -你明天会觉得好点的 |
[01:32] | Don’t let him cross the street! | -别让他穿过十字路口 -好的 |
[01:34] | His papers… He won’t see the bus! | 他捡文件 不会看到巴士的 |
[01:37] | – At 11.46! – All right, into the car. | – 时间是11:46 -好了 上车吧 |
[01:40] | Stop him! No! Jason! | 拦着他 不要 |
[01:43] | How did he know my name? | -杰森 -他怎么知道我的名字呢 |
[01:45] | How the hell should I know? | 谁晓得呢 |
[01:52] | Stop him! You’ve got to stop him! | 拦着他 你必须拦着他 |
[01:55] | You don’t have much time! He’s going to die! Stop him now! | 时间不多了 他就要死了 快点 拦着他 |
[01:58] | Stop him now! | -拦着他 |
[02:00] | Lucas! | -卢卡斯 |
[02:02] | – Wait! Look, man, give me a chance! | 等一下 请听我说 |
[02:04] | – We have got nothing left to talk about. | 我们没有什么好说了 |
[02:33] | Lucas! | 卢卡斯 |
[02:36] | Damn it! | 去他妈的 |
[02:40] | Lucas! | 卢卡斯 |
[02:46] | Lucas! | 卢卡斯 |
[02:52] | Lucas! No! | 卢卡斯 不要 |
[03:01] | What did you do to him? | 你对他做了些什么 |
[03:05] | You pushed him. You pushed him right in front of me. | 你推了他 你将他推向我车前 |
[03:09] | You killed him! | 你杀了他 |
[03:12] | What the hell did you do? | 你到底干什么 |
[04:02] | His name was Lucas Menand, a postdoctoral fellow at MIT. | 他叫卢卡斯·梅南 是麻省理工学院的博士后 |
[04:06] | He was a bright researcher. A life | 他是个前途较好的研究员 |
[04:08] | dedicated to science, cut short by a bus accident. | 一个献身科学的生命 却因意外不幸结束 |
[04:12] | Cause of death was massive head trauma, pronounced on site. | 他是由于头部 受到巨大撞击而死 |
[04:16] | The bus driver says it was no accident? | 但据司机所说 这并非是意外 |
[04:18] | He claims Menand was pushed | 他声称梅南是被推的 |
[04:20] | by a suspect identified as Jason Nichols,… | 嫌疑人是杰森·尼克鲁斯 |
[04:23] | ..An associate professor | 他是生物助理教授 是梅南的学业导师 |
[04:24] | of biology and Menand’s academic adviser. | 警察的报告说那天晚上 看到他们在争吵 |
[04:27] | They’d been seen arguing earlier that evening,… | 但杰森拒绝告诉警察他们 |
[04:30] | ..But Nichols has refused to tell police about what. | 在争吵什么 |
[04:34] | Sounds like a motive. | 嗯 听起来似乎有动机 对吗 |
[04:35] | Between that and the driver’s statement, | 在这个和那位司机的供词中 |
[04:38] | why am I looking at this? | 我不得不这样想 |
[04:39] | Would you like to hear his alibi? | 你想听他的不在场辩解吗 |
[04:45] | If I wanted to kill him, do you think this is how I’d do it? | 如果我想杀他 你想我会这样做吗 |
[04:50] | – Then what were you doing? – Trying to save him! | 那么你在做什么呢 尼克鲁斯先生 我正极力救他 |
[04:54] | From getting hit by the bus. | 想让他避过那场车祸 |
[04:56] | I told you! There was a man, | 我说过 有个人 是个老家伙 |
[04:58] | some old guy, who said it would happen. | 告诉我们会发生此事 |
[05:01] | He warned Lucas about the bus. He knew the exact time and place. | 他叫卢卡斯当心那公共汽车 他知道事件发生的 准确时间和地点 |
[05:05] | He tried telling us. He knew my name! | 他极力告诉我们 他还知道我的名字 |
[05:09] | That’s his alibi? An old man warned him his colleague would die? | 那是不在场辩解吗 有个老家伙警告过他的同事将会死吗 |
[05:12] | Well, he gives a convincing narrative, | 是的 他还说了一些令人信服的事呢 |
[05:15] | and a detailed description of the old man. | 和描述了老家伙的详细特征 |
[05:18] | Was he wearing a long black robe and carrying a scythe? | 他穿什么衣服 是不是手拿大镰刀身穿长黑袍 |
[05:21] | – Not when security picked him up. – He was arrested? | -不 当时校警将他带走 -他被捕了吗 |
[05:24] | Minutes before the accident. | 据杰森所说案发前几分钟 |
[05:26] | Packed into a security vehicle, | 他坐在校警的车里 不停地警告杰森 |
[05:28] | tryin’ to warn Nichols as he was hauled away. | 即使被带走还是在警告他 |
[05:31] | Has anybody talked to him? Or talked to the security officer? | -有人找他说过吗 -没有 |
[05:34] | – Can’t. – Why not? | 有人找过那校警吗 |
[05:36] | – He’s dead. – Of what? | -没方法 他死了 -为什么呢 死因是什么呢 |
[05:40] | I haven’t been able to make a | 还未找到死因 |
[05:41] | definitive determination as to cause or time of death. | 和死亡时间 |
[05:45] | There’s been some internal disagreement over how to proceed. | 内部对此事意见不一 |
[05:49] | – You mean with the autopsy? – Yes. | -你是指验尸吗 -是的 |
[05:51] | But mostly whether to cut or to saw. | 但很有可能是砍死或锯死的 |
[06:02] | You see why we didn’t put him in refrigeration. | 你知道我们为什么不将他的尸体冷藏吧 |
[06:05] | Have you ever seen such an advanced hypothermic state? | 你是否见过尸体在没有任何低温下可以僵化呢 |
[06:09] | Hypothermic? Mulder, this man’s an icicle. | 没有低温吗 这个人简直像冰柱一样硬 |
[06:17] | Did you see his ear? Looks like something’s been inserted in it. | 你看到这个吗 他的耳朵呢 好像有东西插进去的 |
[06:20] | Something has. | 是有些东西 |
[06:23] | I took his temperature. | 我已量过他的体温 |
[06:24] | I don’t know if the reading was accurate,… | 我不知道这个读数是否准确 |
[06:27] | ..But it said his body temp was 15 degrees Fahrenheit. | 但体温器量过他体温是零下九度 |
[06:31] | – Where was he found? – On campus inside his patrol car. | 是在哪发现他的 在校园的巡逻车上 |
[06:34] | Parked just off Adams with one wheel on the kerb. | 停在亚当斯 一个轮子在路边 |
[06:38] | Police also found an empty gin bottle under the driver’s seat. | 警察说在他的座位底找到个酒瓶 |
[06:41] | He had a history. He’d been cited for drinking on duty. | 很明显他习惯值班时喝酒 |
[06:45] | You’d assume he passed out and froze to death,… | 假设他是昏倒而冻死 |
[06:48] | ..Except the low temperature for last night was 28. | 但昨夜最低温度是零下两度 |
[06:51] | And now his body temperature is eight degrees. | 现在他身体温度是零下十三度 |
[06:54] | You mean he’s actually getting colder. | 你意思是 实际上他在逐渐变冷 |
[06:56] | Like I said, we’re a little | 如我所说 我们不知道 |
[06:58] | betwixt and between on how to go forward here. | 该怎么尸检 |
[07:01] | We’d be happy to take your lead on it. | 很高兴你们能前来 |
[07:03] | I think we’re gonna need some time ourselves. | 我想我们需要点时间 |
[07:13] | So what’s your medical opinion, Scully? | 史卡莉 你的医学观点呢 |
[07:16] | I’d guess he’s been exposed to | 我猜想他可能是被注入某些冷冻药液 |
[07:18] | some chemical refrigerant like liquid nitrogen. | 比如液体氢 |
[07:21] | Possibly even ingested it. | 甚至可能是吸入的 |
[07:23] | See what happens when you drink and drive? | 当你边喝酒边开车时你知道会发生什么 |
[07:26] | I don’t know what to say. What this doesn’t do… | 我不知道说什么 穆德 但对于嫌疑人 |
[07:29] | ..Is add any credence to | 关于现场有个老家伙的辩词的 |
[07:30] | his alibi that the old man was on the scene. | 可信度没有好处 |
[07:33] | – Let’s ask Nichols if he can explain. – What if he can’t? | 也许我们应该看看杰森是怎么解释的 如果他不能呢 |
[07:36] | We’ll just hope that he keeps until Thanksgiving. | 希望他能保存到感恩节 |
[07:54] | This is serious, Jason. This couldn’t be more serious. | -八年的工作 -这事很严重 杰森 没有再严重的了 |
[07:57] | They’re talking about charging you with second-degree murder. | 他们说要起诉你二级谋杀 |
[08:05] | I’ll call you as soon as I speak to the lawyer. | 我和律师谈后立即打电话给你 |
[08:22] | – Are you from the FBI? – Yeah. Special Agent Mulder. | 你是联邦调查局吗 是的 我是穆德特别探员 |
[08:25] | – Is that your girlfriend? – Yeah. | -那是你女朋友吗 -是的 |
[08:28] | Thanks for seeing me. I know | 多谢你见我 我知道你律师要你拒绝作答 |
[08:30] | your attorney advised against it. I appreciate it. | 我很感激 |
[08:33] | I just want to talk to somebody who’s going to listen to me. | 我只想和想听我讲话的人说 |
[08:36] | Somebody who’s going to tell me they can find that old man. | 有人说他们找不到那个老家伙 |
[08:40] | – There are people lookin’ for him. – Who? The campus police? | – 正在找他呢 – 谁呢 校警吗 |
[08:44] | You know that the man who | 你知道那个 |
[08:45] | allegedly detained the man you described | 你所说扣留 |
[08:47] | is now dead. | 那个老家伙的人已经死了 |
[08:50] | So are they going to try and blame me for that one too? | 他们肯定也将他的死算在我头上了 |
[08:54] | Not unless you’re capable of killing a man by flash-freezing him. | 不 除非你能够通过肉体冻结 将一个人杀死 |
[08:58] | What? | -什么 |
[09:00] | The security officer in the morgue… | -那校警在停尸室里 |
[09:02] | ..Has a body temperature a little south of Frosty the Snowman. | 身体冷冻像个雪人 |
[09:06] | – You think that’s funny? – Do I think what’s funny? | 你认为这样有趣吗 你认为我是开玩笑吗 |
[09:09] | Coming in here and trying to screw with my head! | 你到这里来想诱导我 |
[09:14] | Is this about you and Menand? | 你和卢卡斯之间正在做些事吗 |
[09:16] | Look, he’s the one that had been threatening me, OK? | 好了 是他威胁我啦 |
[09:19] | – He threatened your life? – My reputation. | -威胁你生命吗 -是我的名誉 |
[09:23] | How’d he do that? | 他是怎样威胁你呢 |
[09:26] | By saying he would go public on | 他要将我的研究论文上 |
[09:28] | his claim that I falsified data on my research paper. | 的假数据公开 |
[09:31] | – Had you? – No. | -你做假吗 -没有 |
[09:37] | The theory was sound. | 我的原理是有根据的 |
[09:40] | If my interpretation of data was a little lax,… | 如果我解释的数据有些错误 |
[09:43] | ..It’s because I was under pressure to produce results. | 是因为我急于出成果 |
[09:47] | My NSA grant is up for renewal. | 因为我的研究经费会被收回的 |
[09:49] | And Lucas knew how damaging his allegations would be. | 卢卡斯知道怎样破坏他所指的 |
[09:55] | Was Lucas Menand up for the same grant? | 卢卡斯也可以获得同样的经费吗 |
[10:02] | What research would this grant have funded? | 他们提供你们研究什么项目呢 |
[10:06] | Cryobiology. | 低温生物学 |
[10:09] | I study the effects of | 我研究的是生物身 |
[10:11] | freezing temperatures on biological systems. | 系统降温造成的影响 |
[10:16] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[10:21] | Mulder. | -我是穆德 |
[10:22] | – Has Nichols said anything? – No. I’m right in the middle of it. | -尼克鲁斯交代了什么 没有 我正在了解 |
[10:26] | I think we may be filing a second murder charge. | 我想我们应该起诉他另一起谋杀 |
[10:28] | – Security officer? – Nichols’s thumb print is on his uniform. | 校警吗 我发现他的警服上有尼克鲁斯的指纹 |
[10:33] | Forensics also matched his with the | 而且与法医提供的 |
[10:35] | prints they lifted off the interior of the patrol car. | 在巡逻车上的获得的指纹吻合 |
[10:38] | I think the old man is gonna be Jason Nichols,… | 我认为整件事的老家伙就是杰森 |
[10:41] | ..Serving 25 to life in a federal prison. | 因为他将在联邦监狱服刑25年 |
[10:52] | I understand. Thank you. | 我明白 多谢 |
[10:54] | – I’m sorry, sir. | 对不起 先生 我无能为力 |
[10:55] | There’s nothing we can do. – My name is Yonechi. | 我的名字叫米地 |
[10:58] | Yes, sir, you’ve told me. | 我知道 先生 你说过 但我找不到你有预订 |
[11:00] | But I’m not finding a reservation under that name. | 但这是我要住的酒店 |
[11:03] | This is where I am supposed to stay. | 对不起 我不知道该说什么 |
[11:06] | I’m sorry, sir. I don’t know what else to tell you. | -米地博士吗 -是的 |
[11:09] | Dr Yonechi? | 一定有点误会 |
[11:11] | – Yes? – There’s been a misunderstanding. | 恐怕是我的助理订错了酒店 |
[11:14] | I’m afraid my assistant made a reservation at the wrong hotel. | 所以我来这里对你讲清楚 |
[11:19] | So I came here myself to make sure you got a room. | 这是个好房间 |
[11:22] | It’s a good room, with a view of the river. | 可以看到河上景色 |
[11:25] | You are not Dr Nichols. | 你不是尼克鲁斯博士 |
[11:28] | He apologizes. He was not able to be here to meet you himself,… | 他很抱歉不能亲自来接你 |
[11:32] | ..So he asked me to come in his place. | 所以他叫我代他来 |
[11:35] | Excuse me, but who are you? | 对不起 但你是谁呢 |
[11:38] | A great admirer of your work. | 一位很钦佩你工作的人 |
[11:46] | – Here we go, sir. – Thank you. | -到了 先生 -多谢 |
[11:49] | – After you, sir. – No. Go ahead. | -请 先生 -不 你先 |
[11:56] | If you need anything, just give us a call. Here you are, sir. | 如果有什么需要 打电话给就行 给你 先生 |
[12:02] | Have a good evening, sir. | 祝你有个愉快晚上 |
[12:06] | – Are you sick? – No, no. I’m fine, thank you. | 你不舒服吗 不 我没事 多谢 |
[12:10] | – May I get you some water? – If it’s no trouble. | -要喝点水吗 -劳烦了 |
[12:14] | Please. Come in. | 进来吧 |
[12:30] | The mix-up with the reservation,… | 订错酒店 |
[12:33] | ..It was actually my fault. | 实质是我的错 |
[12:37] | Your fault? | -你的错吗 |
[12:39] | But I owe you so much. | -但我欠你很多 |
[12:41] | – For what? – Your contribution to my work. | -是什么呢-你献身于我的工作 |
[12:45] | Vitrification. | 玻璃化 |
[12:48] | You solved the problem. | 你是唯一解决这个问题的人 |
[12:50] | Me? | -我吗 |
[12:52] | No. | -是的 |
[12:53] | Not yet. No one has solved vitrification. | 没有 还没有人解决玻璃化作用 |
[12:57] | Oh yes, Yonni. | 是的 米地 |
[12:59] | You found a way to substitute water with a sugar: | 你找到用糖取代水的方法 |
[13:03] | trehalose. | 海藻糖 |
[13:07] | Your paper… | 你的论文 |
[13:10] | It changed everything. | 改变了一切 |
[13:27] | I am sorry, Yonni. | 对不起 米地 |
[13:30] | But this is the only way. | 但这是唯一的方法 |
[14:01] | – I just spoke with the bellman. – What did he say? | 我刚和拿行李的待者谈过 -他怎么说呢 |
[14:04] | The Iceman Cometh. Dr Yonechi was with a man in his seventies. | – 急冻奇侠 米地博士有一个七十多岁的老人陪同 |
[14:08] | It’s confirmed by the desk clerk. | 和前台说的一样 |
[14:10] | They’re working on a sketch right now. | 素描师正在画头像 |
[14:12] | – Sounds like Nichols has an accomplice. – Sounds like that. | -看来尼克鲁斯有同伙 -似乎是这样 |
[14:16] | More than that, it makes sense. | 穆德 这就说得通了 |
[14:18] | Science is a high-stakes game. | 科学是一项高风险游戏 |
[14:20] | Nichols is eliminating competitors. | 尼克鲁斯想铲除掉他的对手 |
[14:22] | – He’s succeeding. – What if he’s being set up? | 他要成功 是的 但他图谋什么 |
[14:24] | He’s a cryobiologist. He freezes | 他是低温生物学家 靠冷冻 |
[14:26] | things for a living. How many people can do that? | 东西糊口 谁会这么做 |
[14:29] | Just about anybody who’s up for that grant money could. | 只有靠研究经费的人 |
[14:32] | Right… I want to show you something. | 对 我想让你看样东西 |
[14:35] | This is a nuclear magnetic resonance spectra. | 这是核磁共振谱 |
[14:39] | Dr Yonechi had a spot of blood on the heel of his hand. | 米地博士的手掌上有一个血点 |
[14:42] | Something that might have | 是针孔 |
[14:43] | been caused by a small-gauge hypodermic needle. | 可能是皮下注射 |
[14:46] | I found the same thing on | 我在校警那里也发现同样的针孔 |
[14:47] | the security officer. This is the analysis. | 这是分析 |
[14:50] | – What is it? – No one at the lab would hazard a guess. | 是什么呢 实验室里没有人会猜到的 |
[14:53] | But we think it’s an unidentifiable chemical compound. | 但我想它是未明化学物 |
[14:56] | – A lethal injection? – You’ll have to ask Nichols. | 是致命的注液吗 你必须去问杰森 |
[14:59] | No. There’s somebody I wanna talk to first. | 不 我想先找些人谈谈 |
[15:17] | Lisa Ianelli? Sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you. | 是丽莎·罗娜莉吗 对不起 我没想会吓倒你 |
[15:22] | No, I was… working. Sometimes you just get lost in it. | 不 我正在工作 有时候会太专注 |
[15:25] | You may remember me from this afternoon. I spoke with Jason. | 你还记得我吗 下午我与杰森谈过话 |
[15:29] | From the FBI. | -联邦调查局的 |
[15:30] | I’m Agent Scully. May I show you something? | -我是史卡利探员 -我可以给你看一些东西吗 -好的 |
[15:42] | – Where did you get this? – You recognize it? | 你从哪弄来的呢 你见过吗 |
[15:48] | You can tell us now, or we can subpoena your testimony in court. | 丽莎 你可以告诉我们 或者我们可以申请传票 |
[15:51] | Either way we’ll find out what you know about it. | 总有办法让你开口 |
[15:57] | – It’s a kind of catalyst. – A catalyst for what? | 这是一种催化剂 催化什么呢 |
[16:00] | A self-sustaining endothermic reaction. | 是一种自助的吸热反应 |
[16:03] | It’s a rapid-freezing agent. | 是一种加快冻结的药剂 |
[16:06] | Something Jason’s been engineering for years. | 杰森已经研究了多年 |
[16:09] | When a cell freezes, its moisture forms into ice crystals,… | 当细胞冻结 水分的形态变成冰晶形态 |
[16:13] | ..Which literally grind up the cell from the inside out. | 将细胞由里到外慢慢冰化 |
[16:16] | But extreme rapid-freezing causes a smoother, | 但极快的冻结使形态 变得玻璃一样平滑 |
[16:19] | glass-like structure to form,… | 所以细胞只有解冻 |
[16:22] | ..So the cell can survive being thawed. | 才能生存 |
[16:24] | At least, according to Jason’s theory. | 至少这是杰森的原理 |
[16:28] | This compound, has Jason tested it yet? | 这是杰森试验的化合物吗 |
[16:31] | He hasn’t tested it because | 没有 因为这是不存在的 |
[16:33] | it doesn’t exist, except in the computer. | 除了在电脑上 |
[16:35] | So far the work’s been limited | 到目前为止是虚拟的化合物 |
[16:37] | to generating virtual chemicals. Like this. | 像这个 |
[16:40] | In fact, what we’re looking at | 事实上 我们看到的就是你带来的催化剂 |
[16:42] | here is a version of the catalyst you brought me. | 会不会你不知道他合成了这个化合物呢 |
[16:45] | Could he have synthesized the compound without you knowing? | 还没到那步 |
[16:49] | No. The technology to engineer | 像这样的技术 |
[16:51] | something like that is five, ten years away, minimum. | 可能要五年 甚至十年时间 |
[16:56] | – Not any more, apparently. – What are you talking about? | 明显不用这么久 你在说什么呢 |
[16:59] | Traces of the compound were | 在昨晚一个死者身上 |
[17:01] | detected in a man who was found dead last night. | 发现这个化合物 |
[17:03] | – Frozen solid. – There must be some mistake. | 他是被冻死了 那肯定是出错了 |
[17:07] | And a Dr Yonechi was also found frozen to death. | 米地博士也是这样死的 |
[17:10] | – What? – In his heated hotel room. | -什么 -在那下蹋的酒店里 |
[17:13] | – When was this? – Just over two hours ago. | -什么时候 -两个小时前 |
[17:16] | – Why is that relevant? – Because he may not be dead. | 怎么啦 因为他可能还没死 |
[17:22] | What’s his temp? | 温度是多少 |
[17:27] | His core temperature is up to 97. | 核心温度是36度 |
[17:29] | OK. Let’s take him out. | 好的 把他抬出来 |
[17:33] | And then what? | 接着呢 |
[17:35] | We’ve got to try to resuscitate him. Let’s go. | 我们必须设法让他苏醒 动手吧 |
[17:39] | All right, on my count. One. Two. Three. | 好了 我来数 一 二 三 |
[17:48] | This isn’t gonna work. His body temperature was eight degrees. | -这不会有用的 -为什么呢 他体温只有零下13度 |
[17:52] | The lowest body temperature | 人类所能生存的低温 |
[17:54] | ever survived by a human being was 70. | 是21度 |
[17:56] | If he’s already dead, he’s got nothin’ to lose. | 如果他已经死了 那也没有什么损失 |
[18:01] | OK, we’re hooked up here. | 好的 接住这里 |
[18:04] | All right, Dr Ianelli, | 好了 罗娜莉博士 |
[18:05] | we’re gonna start with 300 joules and an amp of epi. | 我们用300焦耳和一剂量的肾上腺开始 |
[18:12] | Charging. | 准备注射 |
[18:14] | – Clear? – Clear. | -好了吗 -好了 |
[18:18] | – Still no pulse. – Go to 360. | -没有脉动 -升到360 |
[18:22] | No response. | -好了吗 -好了 没有反应 |
[18:24] | Give him another amp of epi, | 给他再注入一剂量的肾上腺和1毫克阿托品 |
[18:25] | and atropine one milligram. Try again at 360. | 再试360 |
[18:29] | Clear. | -好了吗 -好了 |
[18:34] | He’s got a rhythm. | 有心跳了 |
[18:37] | Dr Yonechi? You’re in a | 米地博士 |
[18:38] | prototype frostbite bay in Cambridge, Mass. | 你在麻省剑桥原型冻伤湾 |
[18:42] | You’ve been unconscious for almost 12 hours. | 你已经12个小时不醒人事了 |
[18:47] | Dr Yonechi? My name is Lisa Ianelli. | 米地博士 我叫丽莎.罗那莉 |
[18:54] | Don’t try and talk right now. | 别说话 |
[18:56] | We’ve inserted a tube to help you breathe. | 我们用管子帮你呼吸 |
[18:58] | Try not to fight the machine. Let it breathe for you. | 别抵触仪器 让它帮助你呼吸 |
[19:10] | Something’s wrong. | 情况不妙 |
[19:13] | Scully, look at his temperature. | 史卡莉 看看他的体温 |
[19:19] | Oh, my God. He’s on fire. | 天啊 他在发热 |
[19:21] | – He’s having febrile seizures. – This can’t be right. | -他发烧 -这是不正常的 |
[19:25] | He’s burning up. Hold him down. | 他的温度在升高 给他降温 |
[19:28] | Hold him down! | 给他降温 |
[19:49] | Lisa, what happened? What | 丽莎 发生什么了 我意思是… |
[19:52] | could’ve created such a violent cellular reaction? | 是什么造成这样细胞这样恶劣的反应 |
[19:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:58] | All I can think is the compound | 我所能想到的是冻结 |
[20:00] | used to freeze him must have been unstable. | 他的合成物不稳定 |
[20:03] | So raising his body temperature | 所以导致他体温升高 |
[20:05] | may have catalyzed an opposite reaction,… | 是催化剂的负作用 |
[20:07] | ..Heating him internally? | 导致体内升温 |
[20:10] | I question now if we should’ve | 我在想是否我们应该将吸气管拿开 |
[20:12] | removed him from the tub. We might’ve saved him. | 也许能够救活他 |
[20:16] | The real question is how | 我觉得真正的问题是什么人 |
[20:18] | somebody could access a compound that doesn’t exist. | 能接触不存在的合成物 |
[20:24] | I’m sorry. I need to talk to Jason. | 对不起 我要和杰森谈一下 |
[22:15] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[22:17] | I said who are you? What do you want? Why are you following me? | 你跟踪我干什么 |
[22:20] | Unless I’m mistaken, you’re the one following me. | 除非有错 你是跟踪我 |
[22:23] | – I saw you outside. – You’re confusing me with someone else. | 我在外面看到你 你把我和别人搞混了 |
[22:27] | You’re the man Jason saw, aren’t you? | 你是杰森见过的人 对吗 |
[22:29] | You killed Lucas Menand and Dr Yonechi. | 你杀死了卢卡斯和米地博士 |
[22:32] | – And I can kill you. – Let go of me! | 我还要杀死你呢 放开我 |
[22:37] | I came here… to kill you. | 我到这里来是要杀你 |
[22:45] | Who are you? | 你到底是谁 |
[23:03] | – You say he followed you off the bus? | 你说他跟踪你下车 |
[23:06] | – Yes. I noticed him just before my stop. | 是的 我下了站才发觉 |
[23:08] | – And you were on your way to see Jason? – Yes. | -你不是去看杰森吗 -是的 |
[23:11] | I confronted him inside the library. He followed me in there. | 我在图书馆里遇上他 他跟踪我到那里 |
[23:16] | And then he grabbed me. Hurt my arm. | 然后弄伤了我的手 |
[23:21] | What did he say? | 他说了什么 |
[23:24] | That he could kill me. | 他可以杀死我 |
[23:26] | That that’s why he was following me. | 那是他跟踪的原因 |
[23:29] | He threatened me with some kind of medical instrument. | 他用注射器恐吓我 |
[23:32] | But he just let you go? | 但他放过你了 |
[23:35] | Lisa, if you’re leaving anything out,… | 丽莎 你还有什么不告诉我们 |
[23:38] | ..You could be held accountable if Jason committed a crime. | 如果杰森犯罪 你是有责任的 |
[23:46] | It wasn’t Jason. It was me. | 不是杰森 是我犯错 |
[23:51] | I falsified the data to get the grant. | 我在研究项目的数据上做假 |
[23:53] | Jason’s covering for me. | 杰森保护我 |
[23:56] | – He’s in jail because of me. – That’s what he can’t tell anyone? | 他因为我而坐牢 那就是他不肯告诉别人的事吗 |
[24:00] | But people could’ve figured it out: Lucas Menand, Dr Yonechi. | 但是有人可以发现错误 卢卡斯和米地博士 |
[24:06] | – These people are now dead. – No, it’s not what you think. | 这些人现在都死了 不 并非如你所想 |
[24:10] | – You know who this old man is, | 你认识那个老家伙吗 |
[24:11] | don’t you? – I don’t. I swear to you. | 不 我可以发誓 |
[24:14] | But Jason does. This man is doing | 杰森认识他 他做杰森不能做的事 |
[24:15] | what Jason can’t – he’s protecting your secret. | 保护你的秘密 |
[24:18] | He swore he would never confess it to a soul. | 他发誓 他从来没有和谁说过 |
[24:21] | If he’d lie for you, what makes you think he wouldn’t lie to you? | 如果他骗你呢 你为什么认为他不会骗你呢 |
[24:28] | Scully? | 史卡莉 |
[24:34] | Why would he threaten her if she’s the one protecting his secret? | 如果她保守他的秘密为什么还恐吓她 因为这不仅是她的秘密 |
[24:38] | Because it’s Jason’s secret too. | 也是杰森的秘密 |
[24:40] | And the old man is protecting Jason. | 而那个老家伙是保护杰森的 |
[24:43] | With a medical instrument? | 用注射器吗 |
[24:45] | I suppose it is an unlikely choice as a murder weapon. | 我估计是别无选择的杀人武器 |
[24:49] | What if it’s not a murder weapon? | 如果不是杀人武器呢 |
[24:52] | I’m just speculating. But | 我想过 |
[24:53] | what if it was designed for some other purpose? | 但如果有其他用途呢 |
[24:56] | Agent Mulder? | 穆德探员 |
[24:59] | Hotel manager from a couple | 我们已查过这一带 |
[25:01] | of blocks away thinks he’s made your guy. | 两个路口的酒店经理说他认得这个人 |
[25:04] | It’s on McKinney Street. Hotel’s called the Lighthouse. | 他住在马金尼街上一个叫灯塔的酒店 |
[25:08] | Tell the unit to keep watch until we get there. | 继续监视直至我们到那里为止 |
[25:11] | Make sure she gets home safe. | 将她安全送回家 |
[25:34] | Federal agents, sir. Open the door. | 先生 我们是联邦探员 请开门 |
[25:47] | Sure this is the room? | 你肯定是这间房间吗 |
[25:49] | The manager says he’s been living here for five days. | 酒店经理说他在这住了五天 |
[25:52] | I’m not sure if “Living” Is the word I’d use on this place. | 不知道“居住”这词用在这里是否合适 |
[26:12] | Yonechi’s flight information was taken down on this pad. | 这本记事簿记着米地博士的航班信息 |
[26:17] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[26:26] | When was this taken? | 是什么时候照的 |
[26:28] | And what’s the occasion? | 什么场合 |
[26:30] | A celebration. But of what? | 庆祝什么呢 |
[26:33] | Of something that never happened. | 是永远不会发生的事 |
[26:36] | What? | 什么 |
[26:39] | This is a photograph. A documented moment in time. | 穆德 这是照片而已 |
[26:42] | In a future that somebody’s trying to prevent happening. | 只是记录某个时刻 在未来有人想阻止它发生 |
[26:45] | – What? – Think about it. | -什么呢 -你细想一下 史卡莉 |
[26:47] | If Menand never gets hit by that bus, his complaint gets heard. | 如果卢卡斯没有被车撞 |
[26:51] | Jason Nichols loses his funding. | 拨款委员会会听到他的报告 |
[26:52] | He never gets to collaborate with Dr Yonechi. | 杰森将会失去他的经费 |
[26:56] | This photo never gets | 他就没有和米地博士合作 |
[26:57] | taken because this celebration never happens. | 因为庆祝不会发生 这照片就没有照过 |
[27:00] | If your sister is your aunt and your mother marries your uncle, | 如果你姐姐是你阿姨 而你母亲嫁给你舅父 |
[27:02] | you’re your own grandpa. | 那你就会是你自己的祖父 |
[27:03] | The old man couldn’t save Menand, so he had to kill Yonechi. | 那个老家伙救不了卢卡斯 所以他必须杀死米地 |
[27:07] | OK, this photo – when was it never taken? | 好 就算这照片没有照过 那什么时候会照呢 |
[27:09] | At least five years in the future, | 至少五年后 那时他们会 |
[27:11] | when they first synthesized the freezing compound. | 研制出冻结化学合成物 |
[27:14] | Let’s take the stairs. | 我们走楼梯吧 |
[27:17] | The compound already exists. We have evidence. | 穆德 这种合成物已经存在 我们有物证 |
[27:20] | Only because the old man brought it back. | 那是因为老家伙带来的 |
[27:22] | – Back from where? – From when may be the real question. | -从哪里带的 -我们要知道的是从什么时候带来的 |
[27:25] | You’re seriously suggesting this old man is back from the future? | 你说那个老家伙来自未来吗 |
[27:29] | Unless you can explain how he | 除非你有一个好的解释 他是如何知道 |
[27:31] | knew when and how Lucas Menand would be killed,… | 卢卡斯被杀的准确时间和地点 |
[27:34] | ..Why Nichols’ fingerprints were | 为什么杰森的指纹会留在巡逻车上 |
[27:35] | inside that patrol car, and how he knew Ianelli’s secret. | 以及他如何知道丽莎的秘密 |
[27:39] | So what you’re saying is the old man is… | -你认为那个老家伙是谁呢 |
[27:41] | Jason Nichols. | -他就是杰森 |
[27:43] | “Common sense may rule out time travel. | 虽然 常识否认穿越的可能性 |
[27:45] | The laws of quantum physics do not.” | 但量子力学不否认这个现象 |
[27:48] | That’s from your graduate thesis. | 你忘了吗 你的毕业论文 提到这个 |
[27:50] | You were more open-minded as a youngster. | 你年青时 思想十分活跃 |
[27:52] | I know that the laws of physics | 我知道我所写的东西 穆德 我亦知道量子力学 |
[27:55] | would permit the theoretical possibility of time travel,… | 承认时空穿越的可能性 |
[27:58] | ..But the limits of human | 但人类的忍耐力会阻碍这种事的发生 |
[27:59] | endurance would prevent such a trip happening. | -有一种方法可证明它的可能性 -如何呢 |
[28:02] | – There’s one way to prove that possibility. – How? | 把这个照片交给丽莎 |
[28:05] | Show this photo to Lisa Ianelli and ask her if it was ever taken. | 问她这照片是否照过 |
[29:39] | Jason? | 杰森 |
[29:47] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[29:51] | How is this possible? | 这怎么可能呢 |
[29:54] | Because you made it possible. | 因为你使它变成可能 |
[29:57] | It was you. | 是你 |
[30:01] | How? | 是怎样呢 |
[30:05] | I need to know. | 我想知道 |
[30:31] | 30 years ago,… | 30年前也 |
[30:34] | ..10 years from now,… | 就是十年后 |
[30:39] | You’ll meet a man named McGuane… | 你将在苏黎世参加一个会议 |
[30:42] | ..Who’s just discovered the first evidence of tachyons: | 你会遇到一个离过婚名叫麦克奎恩的人 |
[30:47] | subatomic particles that | 他是第一个提出加速论的人 |
[30:49] | can travel faster than the speed of light… | 认为亚原子粒子的运动速度比光要快 |
[30:53] | ..And go back in time. | 时间可以倒流 |
[30:55] | But only for a few seconds,… | 但只是瞬间的现象 |
[30:58] | ..And only at a temperature of absolute zero. | 而且温度只有达到绝对零度才行 |
[31:02] | But from that, and from your correspondence with McGuane,… | 自那次相遇后 |
[31:07] | ..You’ll have an idea,… | 你有个想法 |
[31:11] | ..A revelation. | 那是一种启示 |
[31:14] | What revelation? | 什么启示呢 |
[31:17] | One so remarkable… | 是一种引人注目的启示 |
[31:21] | ..It would change the course of history. | 它会改变历史的进程 |
[31:24] | Then why did you…? | 那你为什么… |
[31:28] | You said you came back to kill me. | 你说你回来杀我 |
[31:31] | But I couldn’t do it. | 但我不能那样做 |
[31:44] | You’re cold. | 你的手很冷 |
[31:50] | Jason? | 杰森吗 |
[31:52] | Yes. | 是我 |
[32:31] | Sign here. | 在这里签名 |
[32:33] | Jason. | 杰森 |
[32:35] | – What are you doing here? – I arranged for your bail. | -你来这干什么呢 -我保释你 |
[32:38] | – I assumed it was Lisa. – No. That’s why I’m here. | -我想是丽莎保释我 -不 她出事了 |
[32:41] | – Something’s happened to her. – What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[32:44] | It’s something you should see for yourself. | 我想你应该看些事 |
[32:47] | She’s at the medical research facility. | 她在化学研究室里 |
[32:49] | – Was it the old man? – Yes. | -是那老家伙所做吗 -是的 |
[32:51] | Who the hell is he? | 你们还没找到他吗 他到底是什么人 |
[32:53] | Jason, I don’t expect you to get your mind around this right now. | 杰森 我想你现在无法接受这些 |
[32:57] | What? | 什么 |
[32:59] | The man we’re looking for, the old man… | 我们所找的那个老家伙 |
[33:03] | He’s you. | 正是你 |
[33:08] | If that photo is indicative of a pattern, | 这个照片最说明问题 |
[33:10] | you may be his next target. | 你可能就是他的下个目标 |
[33:13] | Puts a whole new spin on being your own worst enemy. | 你成为自己最糟的敌人 |
[33:16] | Except that I’ve never met Dr Yonechi, and neither has Lisa. | 我没有在那场合遇过米地和丽莎 |
[33:20] | So this must have been altered somehow. | 所以肯定有些事已被变换了 |
[33:22] | Not according to the photo specialist that I had examine it. | 不用照专家解释 我都可以判断出 |
[33:26] | As far as she could tell, it’s the real McCoy. | 这张照片是真的 |
[33:29] | Maybe you should get a second opinion, | 那么你也许有另种看法 |
[33:32] | because I’m not buying your story. | 因为我不信你的故事 |
[33:34] | – Jason, it’s your story. – It’s science fiction. | 杰森 那是你的故事 那是科幻小说 |
[33:37] | So was your rapid-freezing agent, until two days ago. | 所以两天前这还是你的加速冻结剂 |
[33:41] | Just consider the evidence as a scientist. | 为什么你不以一个科学家来看待这个证据 |
[33:44] | How could the old man come to | 你不承认它的存在 |
[33:46] | possess a compound that you admit doesn’t exist? | 那老家伙是如何获得它呢 |
[33:49] | Whoever he is, why would he | 无论他是谁 |
[33:51] | try to prevent my compound from being developed? | 他为什么极力不让我的合成物研制出来呢 |
[33:54] | – I’m not sure of that yet. – But you have a theory. | -我不知道 -但是你有想法 |
[33:57] | I think it’s to do with the | 我想你的合成物肯 |
[33:59] | practical application of your compound,… | 定发生了些作用 |
[34:01] | ..Though I don’t know what that is yet. | 虽然我还没弄清楚 |
[34:04] | Involving time travel? | 是关于时间穿越吗 |
[34:07] | Physicists have hypothesized | 物理学家霍金有这样的假设 |
[34:09] | the existence of wormholes and time Ioops,… | 虫洞的存在和封闭时间循环 |
[34:11] | ..Portals through which matter can travel back through time. | 通过时光隧道可以时光倒流 |
[34:15] | Although, extreme heat and gravity | 虽然气温相当热 而且地心吸引较强 |
[34:18] | would render the trip lethal for any organism. | 导致一些器官的死亡 |
[34:21] | So you’re saying my compound will make it possible? | 那么说我的合成物让它成为可能 |
[34:25] | Eventually, yes. That’s what I’m saying. | 对 这正是我要说的 |
[34:27] | But why stop time travel? | 但为什么不阻止时间穿越呢 |
[34:29] | That’s what I’m hoping the old man can tell us. | 这就是我要找那个老家伙的原因 |
[34:37] | Agent Mulder, if any of this is true,… | 穆德探员 如果这是真的 |
[34:41] | ..Then what happened to Lisa… | 那丽莎将会发生什么事呢 |
[34:45] | ..Is really my fault. | 这完全是我的错 |
[34:57] | We’re going up to the cryo lab. | 我们要上低温实验室 |
[35:06] | Hey, wait a sec. | 嘿 等一下 |
[35:09] | – Are you Dr Jason Nichols? – That’s right. | -你是杰森·尼克鲁斯博士吗 -正是 |
[35:12] | Then something’s wrong. | 那就有些问题了 |
[35:15] | It says you’re already in the building. | 电脑显示你已进入 |
[35:19] | Jason, I need you to get to Scully and tell her that he’s here. | 听我说 杰森 我要你找史卡莉 告诉她我在这 |
[35:22] | She’s in the frostbite bay with Lisa. Can you do that? | 她与丽莎在一起 你能做到吗 |
[35:26] | All right. | 好的 |
[35:32] | – Clear. – Clear. | -好了吗 -好了 |
[35:35] | Let’s give her another amp | 给她注射一剂量的肾上腺 |
[35:37] | of epinephrine and we’ll go again at 360. | 电压再加大到360 |
[35:43] | Epi given. | 已注射肾上腺 |
[35:46] | – Clear. – Everybody clear. | -好了吗 -所有人好了 |
[35:51] | – Increase the DMSO. – We have a rhythm. | 增加二甲亚砜 没有反应 |
[35:55] | Now what? | 现在如何呢 |
[36:01] | Get her back in the tub. | 将吸管取出 |
[36:04] | – Now. – All right, disconnect and get her back in. | -现在 -切掉电源 把她抬回去 |
[36:08] | Let’s go. | -好的 -动手吧 |
[36:12] | Easy. | 好了 |
[36:13] | – How high is the reading now? – 106. | -轻点 -现在体温是多少 |
[36:21] | 107. | 41度 |
[36:40] | – Is there a problem? – Has anybody been here? | 有事吗 一个小时前有人来过这里吗 |
[36:42] | Well, a maintenance guy fixed the fan. | 有个维修工人来修风扇 |
[36:44] | Other than that, it’s just been me. | 此外就只有我了 |
[36:47] | I’m lookin’ for an older man. A man in his mid-seventies. | 不 我想找一位老人 大约75岁左右 |
[36:50] | I haven’t seen anybody like that. | 我没见过 |
[36:52] | Is this something to do with Dr Nichols? | 怎么啦 是和尼克鲁斯有关吗 |
[36:55] | – You work with him? – I’m his research assistant. | 你为他工作吗 我是其中的一位助手 |
[36:58] | – You have access to his files? – Yeah. | -你处理他的资料吗 -是的 |
[37:00] | I’d like to pull up some | 我想看一下关于 |
[37:02] | information about his rapid-freezing compound. | 冻结合成物的资料 |
[37:10] | – Mulder. – We’ve resuscitated her, Mulder. | -穆德 -我们让她苏醒过来 |
[37:13] | Her body temperature’s high, but it seems to have stabilized. | 但体温仍然很高 似乎稳定了下来 |
[37:17] | – Did Jason help? – He’s not here. | -杰森在帮忙吗 -他没在这里 |
[37:20] | He should’ve been there five minutes ago. | 他应该5分钟前到那里的 |
[37:22] | – Where are you? – This is crazy. | -你在哪 -无法理解 |
[37:25] | – Mulder? – Let me get back to you, Scully. | -穆德 -我待会联络你 史卡莉 |
[37:29] | What? | 什么呢 |
[37:31] | Dr Nichols’s files – they’re totally whacked. | 是尼克鲁斯的治疗 全部筋疲力尽了 |
[37:34] | – What do you mean, “Whacked”? – His data. It’s gone. | -筋疲力尽是什么意思-他的数据 不见了 |
[37:39] | It’s like somebody’s completely erased it from the mainframe. | 可能有人将它们删掉了 |
[37:57] | I knew I’d find you here. | 我知道在这可以找到你 |
[38:06] | I figured this is where I’d go to stop myself. | 我知道这是阻止我自己的地方 |
[38:10] | I don’t have much time. | 我没有太多时间了 |
[38:12] | Please. Let me finish. | 请让我完成它 |
[38:17] | Let you finish destroying my work? | 让你来破坏我的工作吗 |
[38:20] | It’s my work too. | 这也是我的工作 |
[38:22] | – I want her back. – I know. | -我想她复活 -我知道 |
[38:25] | Then tell me how to go back, so I can save her. Please. | 告诉我怎样才可以救活她 求你了 |
[38:29] | I don’t expect you to understand. | 我不期望你能明白 |
[38:31] | – Understand what? – What she created. | -明白什么 -她所创造的东西 |
[38:35] | What you… we helped to create. | 是你帮助她创造的 |
[38:40] | A world without history, without hope,… | 一个没有历史 没有希望的世界 |
[38:44] | ..Where anyone can know everything that will ever happen. | 所有人都知道会发生什么事 |
[38:52] | I’ve seen that world. | 我已看到这个世界了 |
[38:57] | Tell me how to go back. | -告诉我如何返回 |
[39:00] | I can’t. | -不行 |
[39:02] | You will! | 你会的 |
[39:04] | – Tell me! – No! | -告诉我 -不 |
[39:06] | – Jason, try to understand! – Jason! | -杰森 试着理解一下 -杰森 |
[39:09] | – Tell me how to go back, | 告诉我怎样返回 |
[39:11] | so I can save her! – Jason! She’s alive! | 我要救她 杰森 她还活着 |
[39:14] | Lisa’s alive! Don’t hurt him! | 丽莎还活着 不要伤他 |
[39:17] | If you hurt him, we’ll never know the truth! | 如果你伤害他 我们永远不知道真相 |
[39:21] | Open the door. | 打开门吧 |
[39:24] | She’s OK? | 她没事了 |
[39:33] | It’s better that we never were. | -这样我们会更好点 |
[39:36] | No! | -不 |
[40:06] | Lisa? It’s Dana Scully. Can you hear me? | 丽莎 我是史卡莉 听到吗 |
[40:10] | You’re going to be fine. | 你很快会好的 |
[40:12] | We knew to keep you submerged to maintain your body temperature. | 我们把你浸泡在水里保持你的体温 |
[40:16] | After what happened to Dr Yonechi, | 自从发生米地博士的事之后 |
[40:18] | your theory about the compound’s instability,… | 你的合成物理论是不稳定的 |
[40:21] | ..You proved it yourself. | 好 你现在自己证明了它 |
[40:25] | He said he was Jason. | 他说他是杰森 |
[40:27] | The old man? | 那个老男人吗 |
[40:30] | There’s been incongruous | 听着 有很多不一致的证据 |
[40:31] | evidence I’ve had difficulty explaining myself. | 我很难解释它 |
[40:34] | It was him… Agent Scully. | 是他 史卡莉探员 |
[40:38] | He was Jason. | 他是杰森 |
[40:43] | Lisa, Jason’s dead. | 丽莎 杰森已经死了 |
[40:45] | There was a fire in the mainframe room. | 在主机室被烧死了 |
[40:49] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[40:55] | I’ll see you at the hospital. | 我会到医院里看你的 |
[41:21] | – Did they find the second corpse? | -你找到第二具尸体了吗 -没有 |
[41:23] | – No. And I’m not hopeful they will. | 我不也报太多的希望 |
[41:25] | – We should put out an APB on the old man. – We won’t find him. | 我们应该通缉那个老家伙 我们找不到他的 |
[41:28] | I know what I saw, Scully, and I know what I believe happened. | 我知道我看到什么 史卡莉 我知道发生了什么 |
[41:32] | – Even if it can never be proven? – Never? | -即使它不能被证明吗 -永远吗 |
[41:35] | Never is a very long time, Scully. You said that yourself. | 永远是很长的时间 你在对你说 |
[41:40] | “Although multidimensionality | 虽然多维度出现无限的结果 |
[41:42] | suggests infinite outcomes in infinite universes,… | 和无穷的宇宙 |
[41:45] | ..Each universe can produce only one outcome.” | 每个天体只能产生一种结果 |
[41:49] | I was 23 when I wrote that. | 我写这种论文时23岁 |
[41:50] | But I take that to mean that you | 但我接受你的观点 |
[41:52] | were suggesting the future can’t be altered,… | 未来是不能改变的 |
[41:55] | ..Which means the elder Jason Nichols’ attempts | 意味着老尼克鲁斯想阻止他自己 |
[41:57] | to stop his own research will fail,… | 的研究将会失败 |
[42:00] | ..And that eventually his compound, | 他的合成物和时空 |
[42:02] | and time travel, will be discovered. | 旅行将会实现 |