时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:54] | Bobby? | 巴比 |
[00:59] | – Phil. – I’ve had it with that kid, Patti. | -菲尔 -我受够那个小鬼了 派蒂 |
[01:01] | – I’ve already talked to him. – Yeah, like he ever listens. | 我已经和他谈过了 他从来不听 |
[01:16] | Did you hear me calling your name? | 你没有听到我叫你的名字吗 |
[01:21] | – Get up! – What are you doing? | -起来 -你在做什么 |
[01:23] | You think I wake up and go to work every day | 你以为我每天去上班就是 |
[01:26] | so you can sit around on your ass? | 让你能够天天坐着吗 |
[01:28] | – What did I do? – What’d you do? | -我做了什么 -你做了什么 |
[01:31] | You never do anything, that’s the problem. | 你什么都没有做就是问题 |
[01:34] | What kind of a loser are you gonna turn out to be? | 你到底要成为什么样的窝囊废 |
[01:38] | Put your boots on. | 穿上你的鞋子 |
[01:41] | And don’t leave my tools out in the rain. Tools are for work. They cost money. | 不要让工具淋到雨 这个是工作用的 花钱买的 |
[01:47] | – Fine, I’ll put it away. | 好的 我收起来 用完以后要收好 – After you’ve 铿乶ished. Pick it up. |
[01:56] | I’m not gonna let your mother watch you grow up to be some kind of a jerk. | 我不会让你母亲看着你 长大后成为窝囊废 |
[02:00] | Fine, I’ll put it away… Phil. | 好的 我会收好 菲尔 |
[02:03] | No way. You’ll finish the job. | 不 你把活儿干完 |
[02:07] | Now. | 现在 |
[02:10] | Get away from me! | 你离我远点… |
[02:12] | Get away from me now! | -你离我远点 |
[02:15] | Bobby! | -巴比 |
[02:28] | Bobby? | 巴比 |
[02:30] | Where are you going? Come back here, Bobby! | 你要去哪里 你赶快回来 |
[02:34] | I’m calling you! Can’t you hear me? | 我在叫你 你听到了没有 |
[02:39] | Bobby! | 巴比 你不要逃 |
[02:40] | Bobby, listen to me! | 巴比… |
[02:43] | Don’t run away from me! Come back here now! | 巴比… |
[02:48] | Bobby! | 巴比… |
[02:52] | Bobby! | 巴比… |
[02:55] | Bobby! | 巴比… |
[02:58] | Bobby? | 巴比… |
[03:06] | Bobby! | 巴比 |
[03:23] | No! | 不 |
[04:30] | 12 pounds, 9 ounces. | 12磅9盎司 |
[04:32] | All that came out of his stomach? | 这都是一个胃里的吗 |
[04:34] | Most of it. The small amount in his lungs is what killed him. | 大多都是 致命的是肺部的一小部分 |
[04:38] | Is it possible that he took the term “mud pie” literally? | 他可不可能吃了太多的“泥巴派” |
[04:42] | Well, I’m sure if Mr Rich were alive, he would find some humour in that. | 如果里奇先生还活着 也许会认为很幽默 |
[04:46] | According to his police report, Mr Rich was a man who could tell a joke. | 根据警方的报告 他很会说笑话 |
[04:49] | He grew up here, | 他是在这里长大的 20年来都是种同一块地 worked the same 铿乪lds for 20 years. |
[04:53] | Well-liked around town. Funny he should turn up murdered. | 相当受大家的欢迎 会被谋杀真是奇怪 |
[04:58] | Is that what you’ve concluded? | 这是你的结论吗 |
[05:02] | I’ve concluded that this man’s head was held forcibly down in the mud | 我的结论是这个人 |
[05:06] | just a little too long, | 被埋在泥巴里太久了 |
[05:07] | most likely by his stepson, who was named in the report as Bobby Rich, age 16. | 最有可能的嫌疑犯是他的继子 16岁的巴比·里奇 |
[05:12] | The coroner had to hire a backhoe to remove the body, | 验尸官要用挖掘机 才把尸体挖出来 |
[05:16] | which was buried completely in a standing vertical position. | 尸体几乎是站着被埋起来的 |
[05:20] | There is some indication that his stepson dug the hole, | 他继子挖的洞 有可能是 |
[05:23] | and that a recent rainstorm may have turned it into a muddy trap. | 最近下的雨 使得洞变成一片泥泞 |
[05:27] | – Some rainstorm. – They say it rained 400 inches a day. | 雨下得好大 听说一天能下400寸 |
[05:32] | – Now, that sounds like an exaggeration. – Shall I show you how he may have done it? | 听起来是不是 有点夸张 要不要我示范给你看 他应该是怎么下手的 |
[05:37] | was buried alive in less than five minutes | 6尺4寸 250磅重的男人 怎么可能在5分钟内被16岁的少年活埋 How a six-foot-four. 250鈥攑ound man |
[05:41] | by a 16-year-old kid whose classmates lovingly refer to as “dorkweed”? | 这个小孩的同学给他取的外号是小鬼 |
[05:50] | He may have had an accomplice. | 他也许有共犯 |
[06:00] | “Ich bin ein Auslander” – “I’m an outsider.” | 我是个外人… 我是个外人… |
[06:06] | When Kennedy told the Germans | 当肯尼迪告诉德国人 我是柏林人时 “Ich bin ein Berliner鈥? |
[06:09] | he was actually saying “I am a cocktail sausage.” | 其实他是说 我是根香肠 |
[06:13] | Who’s Kennedy? | 肯尼迪是谁 |
[06:16] | I’m not… I’m not here to accuse you of anything, Bobby. | 我不是来指控你的 巴比 |
[06:21] | – What are you here for, then? – I wanna hear your story. | 那你来干什么 我要听你的说词 |
[06:25] | I tried to help. I couldn’t. | 我想要帮忙 可是我帮不上 |
[06:29] | The police aren’t convinced that that’s the truth. | 警方不相信 这是事实 |
[06:32] | So what the hell am I supposed to do about it? | 那我有什么办法 |
[06:36] | They want me to confess so they have someone to blame. | 他们希望我能够坦白 他们需要代罪羔羊 |
[06:40] | Right. But you’re not making it very easy for them to believe otherwise. | 但是 你却没有好好协助他们 让他们相信这些 |
[06:44] | You understand that? | 你明白吗 |
[06:47] | What can I say? | 我能怎么说 |
[06:49] | Everybody knows I hated him. | 大家都知道我恨他 |
[06:53] | They were real close when Bobby was little, always kidding around and stuff. | 巴比小的时候他们还很亲密 老是在一起玩 |
[06:58] | But Bobby got into that teenage stage and he don’t wanna listen to nobody. | 可是到了巴比叛逆期时 谁的话也不听 |
[07:04] | And it came to a head last night? | 昨天晚上又起了冲突 |
[07:09] | Phil was late coming home. | 菲尔昨天晚上很晚才回家 |
[07:12] | He’d been stressed out cos of the blight and stuff. | 他最近因为枯萎病压力很大 |
[07:16] | – How do you mean? – His nut trees all got a disease, and… | 这是什么意思 他榛树得了病 |
[07:21] | Bobby don’t help things out with his attitude and stuff. | 巴比的态度 让事情火上加油 |
[07:25] | Did Phil instigate what happened? | 是不是菲尔去挑起的 |
[07:30] | It’s hard to tell what starts these things. | 这实在很难说 |
[07:34] | Phil could be stern | 菲尔有时候很严格 |
[07:36] | just like his own father was to him. | 就像他父亲对他一样 |
[07:40] | But I never saw him raise his hand. | 可是我没有看过他动手 |
[07:43] | When I saw him lying in the mud, I half expected him to pull me in, | 我看他躺在泥泞中 以为他会把我拉下去 |
[07:48] | like he had planned it or something. | 好像他有预谋一样 |
[07:52] | Did he ever hurt you? | 他有打过你吗 |
[07:55] | Phil used to get off shoving me around. Yeah, | 菲尔喜欢欺负我 |
[08:00] | – Did you ever shove him back? – He’s twice as big as me. | 你会还手吗 他比我壮两倍 |
[08:06] | That’s why people thought you dug the hole. Or attacked him when he fell in. | 因此有人认为 你可能事先挖好洞 或者是他摔下时袭击他 让他上不来 |
[08:12] | Well, that’s their problem, isn’t it? | 那是他们的想法 |
[08:15] | What was going through your head at the time? | 你记不记得 当时你在想什么 |
[08:18] | I guess… I felt he had it coming. | 我好像认为他罪有应得 |
[08:22] | He was kneeling over Phil. Struggling real hard and stuff. | 他跪在菲尔身旁 非常用力的拉他起来 |
[08:27] | Could you tell that he was definitely trying to help him? | 可以看得出 他想要帮助菲尔吗 |
[08:31] | It seemed that way to me. | 看起来是如此 |
[08:34] | There’s a strong chance the police are going to arrest your son for murder. | 警方很有可能会把你儿子 当作是谋杀嫌疑犯 |
[08:40] | – I don’t see how. – But if they do, | 为什么 如果他们这么做 |
[08:43] | and if there’s evidence of abuse you’re not coming forward with, | 是因为你没有说出 巴比被虐待的真相 |
[08:47] | it could hurt his chances. | 这也许会影响到他 |
[08:55] | I know everything happens for a reason. | 我知道一切都是有理由的 |
[08:59] | But I still don’t see no reason for this. | 可是这太荒唐了 |
[09:14] | They’re all dying. | 它们快要死了 |
[09:17] | According to Bobby’s mother, that’s a big reason why her husband blew up. | 巴比的母亲说这就是 他丈夫发怒的原因 |
[09:21] | – His hazelnut orchard was hit with a blight. – So he pounds the kid? | 他的树都生病了 所以去揍孩子 |
[09:26] | – And the kid pounds back. – Is that what she told you? | 孩子还手 她是这么说的吗 |
[09:29] | Not in so many words. She won’t admit to any abuse in the house. | 差不多 她不承认家里有问题 |
[09:34] | I suspect she’s trying to move on, protect what family she’s got left. | 她只是 想保护家人吧 |
[09:38] | The kid says his stepfather teed off on him regularly. | 孩子说继父常常找他出气 |
[09:42] | – Is that his excuse? – No, his explanation. He says he’s innocent. | 这是他的借口吗 不 这是他的解释 他认为自己无罪 |
[09:47] | What do you think? | 你的看法呢 |
[09:52] | I think he’s a hard kid to love. | 我认为很难去爱这个孩子 |
[09:58] | I’m still finding it hard to reconcile the facts with the physical evidence. | 我觉得很难去解释事实 与证据的关系 |
[10:02] | Even if he didn’t dig the hole, | 就算他没有挖这个洞 |
[10:04] | the disease could have killed root systems, creating weakened soil. | 有可能是树根生了病 破坏了土壤的结构 |
[10:08] | Then how did the victim swallow 12 pounds of the stuff? | 那么死者为什么会吞下 12磅重的泥巴 |
[10:12] | When you fight for air, a vacuum is created. | 努力呼吸时会形成真空 |
[10:15] | Maybe once he sucked down a mouthful of mud, | 一旦吞下一口泥巴 |
[10:17] | it turned his oesophagus into a siphon. | 会使食道变成吸管 |
[10:20] | And with his head pushed down, it filled all of his passages like a gas can. | 使他的头往下沉 食道会变成汽油管一样 |
[10:27] | Well… You asked me for answers. Those are the best ones I’ve got. | 你要我回答 这是我最好的答案 |
[10:32] | Did you ask if anybody else might be involved? | 你有没有问是否有其他的人涉案 |
[10:35] | His mother says that Bobby can’t make friends. | 他的母亲说巴比没有朋友 |
[10:38] | – He’s been in therapy for anger since 1995. – That could be me. | 他自从95年因为愤怒 接受了心理治疗 也有可能是我 |
[10:48] | – What is it? – Someone’s watching us. | 什么事 有人在看我们 |
[10:56] | Sir? | 先生 |
[11:03] | Hello? | 哈罗 |
[11:07] | Who was it? | 是谁 |
[11:08] | I don’t know. He’s gone. | 不知道 走了 |
[11:26] | Lisa? | 莉莎 |
[11:30] | – What are you doing here? – I… I called you last night. | 你来这里干什么 我昨晚打电话给你 |
[11:33] | – How come you didn’t call me back? – They’re saying you killed him, Bobby. | 你为什么不回电话 他们说是你杀了他的 |
[11:41] | I finally stood up to him. | 我终于敢反抗了 |
[11:47] | Psycho! Think fast! | 神经病 机灵点 |
[11:49] | Just get away from me, OK? | 你不要碰我 |
[11:50] | Or what? What are you gonna do, huh? | 不然呢 你想怎么样 |
[11:53] | Well, maybe I’ll kill you too, huh? | 也许我也会杀了你 |
[12:03] | Psycho killer. | 变态杀手 |
[12:15] | See? All you gotta do is stand up. | 看到没有…反抗就对了 |
[12:25] | I’ll see you later, then. | 我们等会见 |
[12:35] | Karin Matthews? | 卡伦·马修 |
[12:39] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[12:41] | We’re Agents Mulder and Scully, from the FBI. | 我们是调查局的穆德与 史考莉探员 |
[12:45] | I hope my directions were clear. I’m a little tucked away. | 希望你们没有迷路 我这个地方很偏僻 |
[12:57] | I first worked with Bobby after an incident at school. | 自从学校的那件事后 我就开始治疗巴比 |
[13:00] | He’s had difficulty developing relationships, and this difficulty has caused him to act out. | 他很难与人建立关系 这使得他会表现出一些行为 |
[13:06] | In what way? | 怎么说 |
[13:07] | By putting on certain airs, | 他会摆出一些态度 |
[13:09] | affecting an attitude that has drawn the wrong kind of attention to himself. | 这些态度会使别人 对他产生误解 |
[13:14] | – I’ve seen him come here pretty beaten up. – Physical violence? | 我常常看到他被人揍 肢体暴力吗 |
[13:18] | – More than just kids’ stuff. – Was his stepfather ever involved? | 不 只是小孩子行为 他的继父有动手吗 |
[13:24] | I’m not free to speak with perfect frankness. | 我没有办法一切都谈 |
[13:27] | If you know Bobby committed a crime, you’re under legal obligation to tell us. | 如果你认为巴比有犯罪 你必须要告诉我们 |
[13:33] | Bobby once spilt a glass of milk at dinner. | 巴比有一次晚餐的 时候打翻了牛奶 |
[13:37] | For the next two weeks, he was forced to eat in the cellar. | 接下来的两个星期 他被罚在地下室吃饭 |
[13:40] | No table, no chair, no light. | 没有桌子 椅子 不准开灯 |
[13:43] | Sometimes he was left down there until the following morning. | 有时被关在 地下室过夜 |
[13:48] | You see, there are all sorts of crimes, | 有各种不同的罪行 |
[13:52] | not just the ones you might find reason to investigate. | 需要你们去调查 |
[13:58] | So you’re saying Bobby would have good reason to kill his father? | 你是说巴比 有理由去杀死继父 |
[14:01] | I’m saying there are some crimes where there are only victims. | 我是说有些罪行是 只有受害者的 |
[14:06] | You’re free not to answer, Miss Matthews, | 你可以不回答 马修小姐 |
[14:09] | or you’re free to make these vague allusions, | 但是可以做一些影射 |
[14:11] | but your evasiveness is only going to land this kid in jail for a long time. | 不过这种含糊会使 孩子坐很久的牢 |
[14:15] | – I’m not sure I understand. – You make it sound like a justification. | 我不太明白 听起来 你的意思是 |
[14:19] | Like Bobby did it. And I don’t think he did. | 这是巴比干的 我不认为是他 |
[14:40] | Hey. What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[14:44] | – Going home. – Well, I, uh… I waited for you. | 回家 我一直在等你 |
[14:48] | I thought, uh… I thought we were gonna talk, so… | 我以为我们可以聊聊 |
[14:53] | – You scared me today, Bobby. – Why? Because I stood up for myself? | -巴比 你今天吓到我了 -为什么 因为我反抗了吗 |
[14:57] | Or because I didn’t let them beat me up like usual? | 因为我不像平常让他们揍我吗 |
[15:04] | – I gotta go. – You gotta stand up, Lisa. | 我要走了 莉莎 你必须反抗 |
[15:08] | You gotta tell your dad you’re not gonna put up with this crap. | 你要告诉你爸 你不能忍受这些 |
[15:14] | There is a way to make it go away… for ever. | 有一个办法 可以永远解决问题 |
[15:51] | – What the hell business you got with him? – Nothing. He’s just a friend. | 你和他一起干什么 没什么 他只是个朋友 |
[16:10] | I don’t want you seeing that kid. I don’t want him coming around here. | 我不要你和那个孩子鬼混 我不要他来这里 |
[16:15] | – Do you hear me? – Stop it, OK? | 听到我说了吗 你别说了 |
[16:17] | – I’m doing what’s right for you. – Just shut up! | 我这是为你好 给我住口 |
[17:13] | The victim’s name was Eugene Baiocchi. | 死者的名字是尤金·巴欧基 40岁 |
[17:17] | 40s. He was a foreman for one of the local growers. A single parent. | 当地农会的工头 单亲父亲 |
[17:22] | – Did you look at the body? – It had already been removed. | 你有验尸吗 已经被移动过了 |
[17:25] | It’s pretty clear what killed him. From what they’ve put together, | 死因很明显 |
[17:28] | they’ve concluded he was pushed out the window. | 证据显示 他是被推出窗外的 |
[17:31] | Pushed out? | -被推出去 |
[17:32] | His daughter Lisa made the 911 call at 8.08 p.m. | 他女儿莉莎8点8分 打电话到急救台 |
[17:37] | – She says she and her father had a fight. – About what? | 她说她和父亲吵了架 有关什么 |
[17:41] | Bobby. | 巴比 |
[17:46] | Don’t worry about anything, all right? | 我希望你不要担心 |
[17:49] | I’ll be here for you as much as possible. | 我会尽可能和你呆在这里 |
[17:52] | But they’re going to ask you some questions, and… | 他们会来问一些问题 |
[17:55] | the most important thing is that you feel comfortable. | 重要的是 你觉得很没有压力 |
[17:58] | If you don’t feel comfortable answering, then I don’t want you to answer them. OK? | 如果你觉得有压力 不想回答 那就不要回答 好吗 |
[18:11] | Can I have a moment? With Lisa? | 可以让我和莉莎谈谈吗 |
[18:36] | Was Lisa another of your clients? | 莉莎也是你的病人吗 |
[18:38] | – Lisa? – Yeah. | 莉莎吗 是的 |
[18:39] | Yes, for four years. | 4年了 |
[18:42] | – What were you treating her for? – An eating disorder. | 她有什么疾病 饮食不正常 |
[18:46] | Have you asked her what happened? | 你有没有问过发生了什么事 |
[18:54] | Isn’t that your job? | 那不是你的工作吗 |
[18:57] | with her father, over Bobby Rich. | 听说她和父亲 为了巴比起争执 We gather that she had a 铿乬ht |
[19:01] | It doesn’t surprise me. Lisa’s father was very disapproving of her generally. | 我不会感到意外 莉莎的父亲对她看不顺眼 |
[19:06] | – Which stemmed to a lot of her problems. – Had you counseled her father? | 这造成了相当多的问题 -你有治疗过她的父亲吗 |
[19:10] | No, my approach is with the victims solely, | -没有 我只是帮助受害者 让他们自己壮大 |
[19:13] | to allow them to empower themselves. | 怎么说 让他们不继续受虐待 |
[19:16] | – In what ways? – By breaking the cycle of abuse. | 让他们勇敢面对 |
[19:20] | By owning it, by confronting it, and by standing up against it. | 起来反抗 |
[19:24] | It seems to be working. | 好像有效 |
[19:31] | When I told Lisa her aunt was coming to pick her up tomorrow, she started to cry. | 我告诉莉莎她的姑妈 明天要来接她的时候 她开始哭 |
[19:37] | It wasn’t out of sorrow. | 不是因为悲伤 |
[19:49] | Guess who followed Lisa home last night | 我让你猜三次 昨天谁跟莉莎回家 |
[19:51] | and was sitting out front in his father’s truck just minutes before this happened? | 事情发生的时候 就坐在他父亲的车上 |
[19:56] | – Does she think Bobby did it? – She thinks he’s quite capable. | 她认为是巴比干的吗 她认为巴比有可能 |
[19:59] | – I think we’re all quite capable. – He also threatened to kill a boy | 我认为我们都有可能 她也说 |
[20:03] | in school yesterday. | 昨天他在学校里威胁一个小男孩 |
[20:05] | Come here. If Lisa’s father was pushed out, then all the glass would be on the outside. | 你过来看看这个 如果父亲是被推出窗外的 所以玻璃应该在外面 |
[20:10] | Look. There’s glass on the inside. | 可是屋里也有玻璃 |
[20:12] | The paint on the mullions is cracked on the outside, not on the inside here. | 窗棂的油漆也有被刮到 外面 里面却没有 |
[20:19] | – I don’t understand. – It seems some facts have been assumed. | 我不明白 我假设一下事实 |
[20:23] | It looks like Lisa’s father was pulled out the window, not pushed. | 莉莎的父亲是被拉出去的 而不是被推出去的 |
[20:27] | – How? – That I don’t know. | -怎么会 -我不知道 |
[20:29] | Well, there’s nowhere to stand. Even if he did use a ladder, there’d be no leverage. | 如果有人用梯子 根本没有立足点 |
[20:35] | – Especially for a scrawny 16-year-old. – That’s my point exactly. | 16岁的少年没有这种力量 我就是这个意思 |
[20:42] | Sodium hydroxide and hydrochloric acid. | 氢氧化钠和盐酸 |
[20:46] | All right, class. There will be a quiz on this tomorrow. | 好的 下课 明天要考试 |
[20:56] | – May I help you? – I’m sorry to interrupt. | 有什么事吗 对不起 打扰了 |
[21:07] | I need to ask you to come with us, please. | 请你和我们一起走 |
[21:11] | What for? | 为什么 |
[21:12] | To answer some questions. | 回答一些问题 |
[21:15] | About what? | 什么问题 |
[21:16] | I don’t want to have to embarrass you in front of your class. | 我不想让你 在同学面前尴尬 |
[21:22] | Well, I ain’t embarrassed. | 我一点也不会尴尬 |
[21:46] | I’m fairly certain this man died from a broken neck. | 我几乎确定这个人的 死因是脖子断了 |
[21:51] | But there was a substantial amount of blood loss. | 他是不是 失血过多 |
[21:54] | Yes, but the cuts all missed the artery. | 是的 但没有任何的动脉被割伤 |
[21:56] | I have x-rays if you don’t believe me. | 如果你不相信的话 我有照X光 应该是第四和第五脊椎 It’s the fourth and 铿乫th vertebrae. |
[22:01] | Have you determined if the neck injury was caused by the fall? | 你有没有验出 脖子的伤是摔伤 |
[22:04] | Well, what else would it have been? | 还有什么其他的可能 |
[22:19] | Have you seen this? What do you make of this here? | 你有没有看这个 这是什么 |
[22:27] | Oh. | 哦 |
[22:40] | All right. Are you satisfied? | 你满意了吗 |
[22:44] | No. I’m not. | 不满意 |
[22:53] | Scully? | 史考莉 |
[22:57] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[23:00] | Evidence. | 证据 |
[23:02] | Of what? | 什么证据 |
[23:07] | – Are you just trying to scare him? – I think he’s scared enough as it is. | 你想哦吓他吗 不 他应该够害怕了 |
[23:10] | Of what? | 怕什么 |
[23:24] | I’ll help getting the rest of your things packed. | 我帮你收拾行李 |
[23:28] | But I think it’s best that you go to your aunt’s as soon as possible. | 你应该尽快去 你姑妈家 |
[23:32] | – When did she say she was coming? – First thing in the morning. | 她说她什么时候会来 一大早 |
[23:42] | Feel it. It’s OK. | 没有关系 |
[23:47] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[23:56] | – You never learn. – I’m sorry. Please, just don’t yell. | -你一直没有接受教训 -对不起 请不要大叫 |
[24:00] | – What’ll you ever amount to? – Stop it. Stop it! | 你有什么用 别说了 |
[24:05] | – Where are you going? – Up to my room. | -你要去哪里 -回我房间 |
[24:10] | You’re mining my life. Do you hear me? | 你毁了我的生活 听到了吗 |
[24:15] | I wish you never been born. | 你没出生就好了 |
[24:42] | What are you looking for? | 你在找什么 |
[24:44] | That splinter came from Mr Baiocchi’s neck, but not from the window. | 巴欧吉先生脖子里拔出来的 木刺不是窗上的 |
[24:48] | – Where did it come from? – It’s green wood, fresh from a living tree. | 是哪里来的 树上的 活生生的树上 |
[24:52] | – What? – Excuse me. | -什么 -对不起 |
[24:55] | It’s been a few years. | 我好久没有爬树了 |
[24:59] | You think that Bobby climbed this tree to pull Lisa’s father out of that window? | 你认为巴比爬上树 巴莉莎的父亲拉下来吗 |
[25:05] | Kind of begs the question, doesn’t it? | 这相当耐人寻味 不是吗 |
[25:18] | Hey, Scully, is this demonstration of boyish agility turning you on at all? | 史考莉 我的敏捷 你喜不喜欢 |
[25:28] | – Who are you? – I take care of the trees. | 你是谁 我照料这些树 |
[25:31] | Scully? | 史考莉 |
[25:35] | I didn’t expect you to be standing right there behind me. | 我没想到你站在我身后 |
[25:39] | You were watching us the other day in the orchard. | 前两天在树林中也是你 |
[25:42] | The trees are dying. | 树林快要死了 |
[25:44] | Scully? | 史考莉 |
[25:46] | Maybe you should come down here, Mulder. | 穆德 快点下来 |
[25:55] | Do you know what kind of tree this came from? | 你知道这是什么树上的吗 |
[26:04] | Same as this tree. | 和这棵树一样 |
[26:10] | You, uh… you said these trees were dying. | 你说树快要死了 可是这个木刺是活的 This splinter鈥榮 live wood. |
[26:26] | 20 years ago this happens. | 20年前发生的 |
[26:30] | What causes this? | 什么造成的 |
[26:34] | A very bad man. | 很邪恶的人 |
[27:53] | The little snoop. She’s just like you. Where is she? | 那个小鬼和你一样 她在哪里 |
[28:14] | – We’d like to ask you a few questions. – About what? | 马修小姐 我们有一些问题要问你 什么问题 |
[28:18] | Your father’s death. We need to clarify a few details. | 有关你父亲的死 我们要澄清一些细节 |
[28:22] | – My father? He died 20 years ago. – Under rather curious circumstances. | 我父亲20年前就死了 他的死因很奇怪 |
[28:27] | His body was pulled from the mud of an orchard. | 他的尸体是从树林里的 泥巴中挖出来的 |
[28:34] | I’m sorry, I was just a young girl. | 对不起 那时候我还小 |
[28:39] | – Why do you want to talk to me? – We just thought it was strange | 不知道你们为什么要问我 我们只是认为很奇怪 |
[28:42] | – that you didn’t mention it. – Well, I don’t see that it matters. | 你居然没有提起 我不认为有关系 |
[28:45] | We spoke to someone who thinks it does, who worked for your father. | 有一个人却认为有关系 他曾经为你父亲工作过 |
[28:49] | According to the orchard man, your father’s death ended a blight affecting the trees. | 根据这个人的说法 你父亲死了 树就不生病了 |
[28:54] | My father was a powerful man, | 我父亲有权有势 |
[28:55] | and powerful men are prone to inspire this kind of fantasy. | 这会激起人们的想象 |
[28:59] | – Don’t tell me you’ve been taken in by it. – Is Lisa still staying with you? | 不要告诉我 你们竟然相信了 莉莎还住在你家吗 |
[29:03] | No, she’s not. She’s gone to her aunt’s. | 不在 她去了她姑妈家 |
[29:06] | Look, I’m sorry I can’t help. | 对不起 我帮不上忙 |
[29:31] | Help me! I’m down here! Help! | 救救我 我在这里 |
[29:49] | Lisa? | 莉莎… |
[29:52] | Lisa! | -莉莎 |
[29:53] | Karin? | -卡伦 |
[29:55] | Karin! | 卡伦… |
[29:59] | Karin! | 卡伦… |
[30:03] | – Karin? – Lisa, you’ve got to be quiet. | -卡伦-莉莎 你必须安静 |
[30:07] | Quiet as a mouse, or he’s going to hear you. | 不然他会听见 |
[30:09] | Karin. I’m scared. Let me out, please. | 卡伦 我好怕 放我出去 |
[30:12] | I will – but not until it’s safe. | 要出去 必须等待安全时 |
[30:16] | Karin! | 卡伦 |
[30:17] | Karin, I don’t wanna stay down here. Please, let me out! | 我不想呆在这里 请放我出去 |
[30:22] | Karin! | 卡伦 |
[30:36] | Mulder, whatever you’re hoping to find here, | 穆德 不管你想找什么 |
[30:39] | without a court order, it won’t be admissible. | 没有法院的搜索令 都不能当成证物 |
[30:41] | I’m not expecting it to be. | 我没有这种期待 |
[30:58] | Mulder? Where’s the body? | 穆德 尸体在哪里 |
[31:34] | – Yes? – I’m Linda Baiocchi. | -什么事-我是琳达 ·白奥奇 |
[31:39] | Lisa’s aunt. | 莉莎的姑妈 |
[31:42] | – Are you Karin? – Yes. | -你是卡伦吗 -是的 |
[31:45] | – Is Lisa here? – No, she went… | -莉莎在这里吗 -不在 |
[31:48] | 她去巴士站了 She鈥檚 gone to the bus station. | |
[31:50] | She has? But it was all arranged. | 是吗 可是一切都安排好了 |
[31:52] | I don’t know what to tell you. There must’ve been a misunderstanding. | 我不知道该怎么告诉你 一定是搞错了 |
[32:13] | Help me! I’m down here! | 救救我 我在这里 |
[32:17] | Don’t leave! I’m down here! | 不要走 我在这里 |
[32:21] | – Aunt Linda, I’m down here! – What are you doing down there? | 琳达姑妈 我在这里 你在这里干什么 |
[32:25] | – Just get me out! Please? – OK. It’ll be OK. I’m gonna call the police. | 赶快救我出去 没问题 我去报警 |
[32:39] | Mulder, you still haven’t answered my question. | 穆德 你还没回答我的问题 |
[32:43] | What happened to Karin’s father? Why would anybody steal his body? | 卡伦的父亲怎么了 为什么有人会去偷他的尸体 |
[32:47] | – It don’t think it was an act of grave robbing. – No, that’s what we were doing. | 我不认为这是盗墓 不是 是我们在做的 |
[32:53] | More like an act of nature. | 这是自然的行为 |
[32:57] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[32:58] | The orchard man said that the blight that plagues this town | 那个树林里的人说 |
[33:01] | was caused by a man, implying a connection. | 树的病是一个人造成的 他暗示这是有关连的 |
[33:05] | I’m a little afraid to ask what kind of connection. | 我不敢问有什么关连 |
[33:07] | Between the people of this valley and their livelihood, the trees. | 这个峡谷中的人与 他们赖以生存的树林 |
[33:11] | Look at the victims. | 看看这些死者 |
[33:12] | – Bobby’s father, Lisa’s father. – And Karin’s, 20 years ago. | 巴比的父亲 莉莎的父亲 还有卡伦的父亲 都在这树林里工作20年了 |
[33:16] | All men who worked in these orchards, their lives and deaths tied to these trees. | 他们的生死都与这些树有关 |
[33:21] | We removed a sliver of green wood from Lisa’s fathers neck. | 这个木刺是从莉莎父亲 的脖子里拔出来的 |
[33:25] | And the bruise on Bobby’s father’s ankle | 和你发现巴比父亲脚踝上 |
[33:27] | could have been caused by the root system that pulled Karin’s father from his grave. | 的伤也许是树根造成的 这些树根 把卡伦的父亲拉出棺材 |
[33:32] | There’s a connection between these deaths, one that provides a clear motive and intent. | 这些死也许都有关连 都有明显的动机 |
[33:37] | – These were abused children. – Who couldn’t defend themselves. | 他们虐待儿童 而且都是没有反抗能力 |
[33:42] | What, so nature did it for them? | 因此大自然就保护他们 |
[33:44] | Something did it for them – or someone controlling nature. | 不是有东西去保护 就是有人控制自然 |
[33:49] | Karin said she was counseling Bobby and Lisa to empower them. | 卡伦说 她要帮助巴比 与莉莎勇敢起来 |
[33:52] | – I think we should talk to them. – I called Lisa at her aunt’s 20 minutes ago. | 我们应该和他们谈谈 我二十分钟前打 电话去莉莎姑妈家 |
[33:56] | There was no answer. | 没有人接电话 |
[33:58] | – Then we should talk to Bobby. – We’ve already questioned him twice. | 那我们去和巴比谈 穆德 我们问过他两次话 |
[34:03] | Maybe we haven’t asked him the right question. | 也许我们没有问对问题 |
[34:17] | – I don’t know what you’re talking about. – Yes, you do. | 我不知道你们在说什么 你知道 |
[34:20] | Maybe you hated your stepfather, but you didn’t kill him. | 也许你恨你继父 但你没有杀他 |
[34:24] | You don’t have it in you. | 你没这个胆 |
[34:28] | That’s good. | 很好… |
[34:29] | – That’s really good. Can I go now? – No. | 我可以走了吗 |
[34:32] | You can’t go until you tell me the truth. | 直到你说出真相 否则不能走 |
[34:37] | For the first time in your life people are taking you seriously. | 第一次别人把你当一回事 |
[34:41] | And I think they should take you seriously. I think you’re a serious kid. | 我认为他们应该把你当一回事 你是个认真的孩子 |
[34:47] | You’re not an outsider any more, huh? | 现在你不是外人了 |
[34:49] | Yeah, I’m thinking about running for ASB president. | 没错 我想选学生会主席 |
[34:52] | – So why don’t you just give it up? – Why don’t you? | 你省省吧 为什么你要死撑呢 |
[34:56] | Why don’t you tell me what happened that night? | 你为什么不告诉我那晚发生了什么事 |
[34:58] | You took the shovel to him, but you couldn’t do it. | 你拿起了铁铲 可是你下不了手 |
[35:01] | You ran to the orchard, but not because you dug a hole or laid a trap. | 因此你跑进树林里 不是因为你设下了陷阱 |
[35:06] | Because you were afraid. | 那是因为你害怕 |
[35:07] | Not of Phil. | 你怕的不是菲尔 |
[35:09] | Phil never hit you or hurt you in that way. In fact, I think you wanted to help Phil. | 你从来不怕菲尔 菲尔从未打过你 我认为你想要帮助他 |
[35:16] | You wanted to save him. You didn’t want Phil to die, did you? | 你想去救他 你也不想菲尔死 |
[35:27] | What were you afraid of, Bobby? | 巴比 你怕的是什么 |
[35:30] | – I couldn’t do it. – Couldn’t do what? | 我办不到 办不到什么 |
[35:33] | I couldn’t stand up to him. | 我不敢反抗他 |
[35:37] | But she made me. | 是她逼我的 |
[35:40] | She who? | 她是谁 |
[35:44] | Karin. | 卡伦… |
[35:47] | Karin. She made me, urn… | 是她逼我的 |
[35:52] | You’re a loser! Understand me? | 窝囊废 明白吗 |
[35:54] | I wish you would have never been born! You’re ruining my life! | 你没出生就好了 你毁了我的生活 |
[36:00] | Karin made you what? | 卡伦逼你做什么 |
[36:04] | She made me say those things. | 她逼我说这些话 |
[36:06] | She had me pretend that I was him. That I was Phil. | 她要我假装我是他 我是菲尔 |
[36:13] | She made you believe you were a victim. But you weren’t, were you? | 其实你根本不是 她让你相信你是受害者 |
[36:18] | She said I have the power to make it all go away. | 她说 我有力量 解决问题 |
[36:29] | But I didn’t mean for him to die. | 但是我不希望他死 |
[36:58] | You think you can hide down there? | 你以为可以躲在下面吗 |
[37:03] | You think you’re safe? | 你以为你安全吗 |
[37:08] | You’ll wish you were dead. | 你会希望自己死了 |
[37:43] | Karin? | 卡伦 |
[37:50] | Scully, take a look at this. | 史考莉 看看这个 |
[38:16] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[38:27] | Talk about puttin’ down roots. | 这真是落地生根 |
[38:30] | What the hell is going on here? | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[38:33] | – I think we’re looking at Karin’s father. – But how did he get here? | 我想应该是卡伦的父亲 他怎么会来到这里 |
[38:37] | The same way Bobby’s father got pulled down in that mud. | 和巴比的继父陷入泥中一样 |
[38:40] | – Mulder… – This has to do with Karin’s own abuse. | -穆德 -我想 这和卡伦被父亲虐待有关 |
[38:43] | Bobby was never locked in the cellar. It was Karin. | 巴比没有关在地下室 是卡伦 |
[38:45] | – Karin caused all this. – You think Karin’s the killer? | 一切都是卡伦 卡伦是杀手吗 |
[38:49] | I think she’s the killer and the victim. | 她是杀手也是受害者 |
[39:01] | Lisa! | 莉莎 |
[39:05] | – Where’s Karin? – I don’t know. | 卡伦在哪里 |
[39:08] | – You’re gonna be OK. – You stay with her, Scully. | 你不会有事的 史考莉 你陪她 |
[40:28] | – I need to see Bobby. – Bobby’s not here. | 我要见巴比 对不起 巴比不在家 |
[40:30] | – He’s in danger! – Get away from here, please. | 他有危险 请你离开 |
[40:34] | – Bobby! – He’s not here! | -巴比 – 他不在家 |
[40:37] | Where is he?! | 他在哪里 |
[40:41] | Bobby! Bobby! | 巴比… |
[40:50] | Bobby! | 巴比… |
[40:54] | Bobby! | 巴比… |
[41:13] | Stay away from me! | 离我远点 |
[41:17] | I’m warning you! | 我警告你 |
[41:33] | You’re pathetic. | 你这是可怜 |
[41:50] | You little piece of garbage. | 你这个小垃圾 |
[41:53] | – Karin, stop! – You stay away from him! | 卡伦 不要… 离他远点 |
[41:57] | – Stand up to him! – Karin deserves what she gets. | 反抗他 卡伦是罪有应得的 |
[42:08] | Make him stop, Karin! | 卡伦 逼他停止 |
[42:10] | Tell him what you should have told him 20 years ago! You won’t take it any more! | 告诉他 20年前应该告诉他的话 你再也不要忍受了 |
[42:15] | Karin’s dead. | 卡伦死了 |
[42:34] | It’s done now. | 一切都结束了 |
[42:38] | No more. | 再也不会了 |
[43:16] | The authorities made a detailed examination | 高士树林的有关单位调查了 |
[43:19] | of the soil and roots in the Rich family orchard, | 里奇家树林里的土壤与树根成分 |
[43:22] | but could not explain | 但是无法解释为什么 卡伦的尸体 what pulled Karin Matthews鈥?body |
[43:25] | into the Michigan mud. | 陷入泥泞中 |
[43:28] | Nor could they determine how the body of her father | 也无法解释 她的父亲的遗体 |
[43:30] | was pulled from its grave into her root cellar three years earlier. | 为什么会从坟墓中移到 家中的地下室 |
[43:36] | Forensic data is inconclusive, | 虽然验尸的报告不完整 |
[43:38] | but I believe the explanation lies in hospital records from Karin’s childhood, | 我认为答案就是卡伦 小时候的医院记录 |
[43:42] | which suggest she herself was a victim of abuse. | 她自己也受到了虐待 |
[43:47] | Rage, unconfronted, takes its own path. | 这是愤怒 不敢面对 造成了她的性格 |
[43:50] | I believe Karin’s unconfronted rage forced her to face her buried father. | 我认为卡伦的愤怒使 她面对埋在地下的父亲 |
[43:56] | This same rage made her imagine victims in the children around her, | 这个愤怒使她去想象 周围的孩子也是受害者 |
[44:00] | trying to instill in them the strength she never found in herself | 给他们灌输 自己从未有过的力量 |
[44:05] | What happened to Karin in the orchard that night was a release. | 卡伦·马修那晚 在树林里的遭遇是解脱 |
[44:09] | Release for a victim who, unable to face up to her own past, | 她不再是无法面对过去的 最后被吞噬 |
[44:14] | was finally consumed by it. | 的受害者 |